Books by Subject
BotanyAccess restricted to Stanford unless otherwise noted
- Advances in algal biology 2006, Springer
- Allelochemicals 2006, Springer
- Allelopathy 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Aloes 2004, CRCnetBASEAloe vera in thermal and frostbite injuries / Michael K. Obeng J., Gary D. Motykie, Robert L. McCauley and P. Heggers -- Plant saccharides and the prevention of sun-induced skin cancer / Faith M. Strickland and Ronald P. Pelley -- Aloes and the immune system / Ian R. Tizard and Lalitha Ramamoorthy -- Bioactivity of A. arborescens preparations / Akira Yagi -- Aloe biology: the chromosomes of aloe : variation on a theme / Peter Brandham -- Aloe leaf anatomy / David F. Cutler -- Pests of aloes / Monique S.J. Simmonds.The Plants : aloes in habitat / Leonard E. Newton -- Taxonomy of Aloaceae / Gideon F. Smith and Elsie M.A. Steyn -- Aloe constituents : aloe chemistry / Tom Reynolds -- Aloe polysaccharides / Yawei Ni, Kenneth M.Yates and Ian R. Tizard -- Aloe lectins and their activities / Hiroshi Kuzuya, Kan Shimpo and Hidehiko Beppu -- Analytical methodology : the gel analysis of aloe pulp and its derivatives / Yawei Ni and Ian R. Tizard -- Analytical methodology : the exudate / Tom Reynolds -- Industrial processing and quality control of A. barbadensis / Ronald P. Pelley, Todd A. Waller and Faith M. Strickland -- Therapeutic activity of aloes: healing powers of aloes / Nicola Mascolo, Angelo A. Izzo, Francesca Borrelli, Giulia di Carlo, Lidia Sautebin and Francesco Capasso -- Aloe vera in wound healing / Gary D. Motykie and John P. Heggers.
- Applications of plant metabolic engineering 2007, SpringerBiosynthesis of plant natural products and characterization of plant biosynthetic pathways in recombinant microorganisms /Erin K. Marasco, Claudia Schmidt-Dannert --Plant molecular farming: host systems, technology and products /G.B. Sunil Kumar ... [et al.] --Plastid pathways: metabolic engineering via the chloroplast genom /Tracey Ruhlman, Henry Daniell --Metabolic engineering of the alkaloid biosynthesis in plants: functional genomics approaches /Kirsi-Marja Oksman-Caldentey, Suvi T. Häkkinen, Heiko Rischer --Polyamine biosynthetic pathway: a potential target for enhancing alkaloids production: polyamines in alkaloid production /Esha Bhattacharya, M.V.Rajam --Metabolic engineering in alkaloid biosynthesis: case studies in tyrosine- and putrescine-derived alkaloids: molecular engineering in alkaloid biosynthesis /Fumihiko Sato, Koji Inai, Takashi Hashimoto --Application of metabolic engineering to vanillin biosynthetic pathways in Vanilla planifolia /Daphna Havkin-Frenkel, Faith C. Belanger --Pathway engineering of the plant Vitamin C metabolic network /Argelia Lorence, Craig L. Nessler --Metabolic engineering of terpenoid biosynthesis in plants /Joost Lücker, Harro J. Bouwmeester, Asaph Aharoni --Metabolic engineering of seed oil biosynthetic pathways for human health /Howard G. Damude, Anthony J. Kinney --Metabolic engineering in sugarcane: assisting the transition to a bio-based economy /Robert G. Birch --Single-chain Fv antibody stimulates biosynthesis of secondary metabolites in plants /Waraporn Putalun, Hiroyuki Tamaka, Yukihiro Shoyama --Metabolic engineering of sulfur assimilation in plants : molecular and biochemical analysis of serine acetyltransferase and cysteine synthase /Masaaki Noji, Kazuki Saito --Approaches to quality plant based medicine: significance of chemical profiling /Praveen K. Saxena, Ian B. Cole, Susan J. Murch.
- Arabidopsis protocols. 2nd ed. 2006, Springer ProtocolsApplications of chemical-inducible expression systems in functional genomics and biotechnology / Jianru Zuo, Peter D. Hare, and Nam H. Chua -- RNA extraction / Huazhong Shi and Ray Bressan -- Target preparation for DNA microarray hybridization / Tong Zhu, Sherman H. Chang, and Pedro Gil -- Statistical issues in microarray data analysis / Willem A. Rensink and Samuel Hazen -- Preparation and quality assessment of rna from cell-specific samples obtained by laser microdissection / Regine Kleber and Julia Kehr -- Protein isolation and 2-D electrophroetic separation / Bernhard Schlesier and Hans-Peter Mock -- Isolation of nuclear proteins / Tomasz T. Calikowski and Iris Meier -- Puification and fractionation of membranes for proteomic analysis / Anne Marmagne ... [et al.] -- Protein microsequencing / Alberto Paradela and Juan Pablo Albar -- Peptide-based phosphoproteomics with immobilized metal ion chromatography / Thomas S. Nohse and Scott C. Peck -- Metabolite profiling in arabidopsis / Oliver Fiehn -- Hormone profiling in arabidopsis / Axel Müller, Petra Düchting, and Elmer W. Weiler.EMS mutagenesis of arabidopsis / YongSig Kim, Karen S. Schumaker, and Jian-Kang Zhu -- Low-resolution mapping of untagged mutations / M. Rosa Ponce ... [et al.] -- Gene identification and cloning by molecular marker mapping / Georg Jander -- High-throughput TILLING for arabidopsis / Bradley J. Till ... [et al.] -- Genotyping and mapping with high-density oligonucleotides arrays / Justin Borewitz -- Forward genetic screening of insertional mutants / Anja Schneider and Dario Leister -- PCR-based screening for insertional mutants / Anna N. Stepanova and Jose M. Alonso -- Cytogenetic analysis of arabidopsis / Martin Lysak, Paul Fransz, and Ingo Schubert -- Using information from public arabidopsis databases to aid research / Margarita García-Hernandez and Leonore Reiser -- In planta agrobacterium-mediated transformation by vacuum infiltration / Brian W. Tague and Joanna Mantis -- Transient expression assay by agroinfiltration of leaves / Min Woo Lee and Yinong Yang -- Runctional analysis of transcription factors by microparticle bombardment / Ida Ruberti, Giovanna Sessa, and Giorgio Morelli -- Transfection assays with protoplasts containing integrated reporter genes / Shiv Tiwari ... [et al.] -- Chloroplast genetic engineering via organogenesis or somatic embryogenesis / Amit Dhingra and Henry Daniell -- [beta]Glucuronidase as reporter gene: advantages and limitations / Kye-Won Kim ... [et al.] -- Use of fluorescent proteins as reporters / Guido Jach -- Luciferase as reporter genes / Megan M. Southern, Paul E. Brown, and Anthony Hall -- Aqueorin as reporter gene / Christoph. Plieth --Growth of plants and preservation of seeds / Luz Rivero-Lepinckas, Deborah Crist, and Randy Scholl -- Prevention and control of pests and diseases / Jenifer Bush, Georg Jander, and Frederick M. Ausubel -- Growth of other species related to Arabidopsis thaliana / Krithika Yogeeswaran and Mikhail Elia Nasrallah -- Grafting / Katherine Bainbridge ... [et al.] -- Synchronization, transformation, and cryopreservation of suspension-cultured cells -- Margit Menges and James A. H. Murray -- Genetic analysis / Maarten Koorneeff, Carlos Alonso-Blanco, and Piet Stam -- QTL analysis / Carlos Alonso-Blanco, Maarten Koornneef, and Johan W. van Ooijen --
- Biology and chemistry of Jeruslaem artichoke 2008, CRCnetBASE
- Biology of plants 2012, Cold Spring Harb Lab Press"Plants are integral to human well being, and many species have been domesticated for more than 10,000 years. Evidence of plant scientific investigation and classification can be found in ancient texts from cultures around the world (Chinese, Indian, Greco-Roman, Muslim, etc.), whereas early modern botany can be traced to the late 15th and early 16th centuries in Europe. During the past several decades, plant biology has been revolutionized first by molecular biology and then by the genomic era. The model organism Arabidopsis thaliana has proved to be an invaluable tool for investigation into fundamental processes in plant biology, many of which share commonalities with animal biology. Plant-specific processes from reproduction to immunity and second messengers have also yielded to extensive investigation. With the genomes of more than 30 plant species now available and many more planned in the near future, the impact on our understanding of plant evolution and biology continues to grow. Our increased ability to engineer plant species to a variety of ends may provide novel solutions to ensure adequate and reliable food production and renewable energy even as climate change impacts our environment. The decision to focus the 2012 Symposium on plant science reflected the enormous research progress achieved in recent years and was intended to provide a broad synthesis of the current state of the field, setting the stage for future discoveries and application. This is the first Symposium in this historic series that focused exclusively on the botanical sciences. The Symposium spanned a broad range of areas of investigation including genetics, biochemistry, molecular and cell biology, developmental biology, physiology, and population/evolution studies at levels ranging from the single cell to the entire organism and from single genes to genomes; plant-specific processes and pathways featured broadly throughout the meeting. Effort was made to balance fundamental biological discoveries with applications relevant to societal well being including improved crops, fuel, and habitat"--Page xv.
- Bupleurum species 2006, CRCnetBASEMacroscopical characters of the medicinal species of Bupleurum and their distribution in China / Sheng-Li Pan and Yun Kang -- Microscopical characters of the medicinal species of Bupleurum in China / Sheng-Li Pan -- Chromosomes of Bupleurum l. especially for the classification and cross-breeding of B. falcatum L. sensu lato / Shigeki Ohta ... [et al.] -- Cultivation of Bupleurum falcatum in Japan / Osamu Iida -- Distribution of saikosaponins of Bupleurum falcatum and variation of its contents in plant organs by environmental factors / Nak-Sul Seong, Hae-Gon Chung and Kwan-Su Kim -- Main chemical constituents of Bupleurum genus / Sheng-Li Pan -- The chemistry and biological activity of the genus Bupleurum in Spain / Alejandro F. Barrero ... [et al.] -- The chemistry and biological activity of the genus Bupleurum in Italy / Luisa Pistelli --The pharmacological activity of Chinese "chaihu": the root of Bupleurum species / Xiao-Min Du, Hui Xie and Yun Kang -- Pharmacological activity of saikosaponins / Byung-Zun Ahn and Dai-Eun Sok -- Mitogenic substances of Bupleuri radix / Naohito Ohno and Toshiro Yadomae -- Clinical applications of prescriptions containing Bupleurum root / Bai-Can Yang and Jun Wang -- Anti-hepatofibrotic effect of xiao-chaihu-tang (sho-saiko-to) / Ichiro Shimizu -- Preventive effects of sho-saiko-to against septic shock symptoms / Shuhei Sakaguchi -- Patents containing Bupleurum.
- Cardamom 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Carotenoids 2010, CRCnetBASE"Carotenoids are of great interest due to their essential biological functions in both plants and animals. However, the properties and functions of carotenoids in natural systems are surprisingly complex. With an emphasis on the chemical aspects of these compounds, Carotenoids: Physical, Chemical, and Biological Functions and Properties presents a broad overview and recent developments with respect to understanding carotenoid structure, electronic and photochemical properties, and the use of novel analytical methods in the detection and characterization of carotenoids and their actions. The text also explores LC/MS and LC/MS/MS techniques as well as new applications of PCR and molecular biology methodologies"--Book jacket.
- Chamomile 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Chemical ecology and phytochemistry of forest ecosystems. 1st ed. 2005, ScienceDirect
- Cinnamon and cassia 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Citrus 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Coding and decoding of calcium signals in plants 2011, SpringerPlants cannot move away from their environments. As a result, all plants that have survived to date have evolved sophisticated signaling mechanisms that allow them to perceive, respond, and adapt to constantly changing environmental conditions. Among the many cellular processes that respond to environmental changes, elevation of calcium levels is by far the most universal messenger that matches primary signals to cellular responses. Yet it remains unclear how calcium, a simple cation, translates so many different signals into distinct responses - how is the "specificity" of signal-re
- Concepts in plant metabolomics 2007, Springer
- Double fertilization 2006, Springer
- Duke's Handbook of medicinal plants of the Bible 2008, CRCnetBASEAcknowledgments -- Introduction -- Author -- Bibliographic abbreviations -- Chemical and medical abbreviations -- Hushpuppy -- Format of this book -- Catalog of "faith-based" farmaceuticals -- References -- Common name index -- Scientific name index.
- Echinacea 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Disturbance, survival, and succession : understanding ecological responses to the 1980 eruption of Mount St. Helens / Virginia H. Dale, Frederick J. Swanson and Charles M. Crisafulli -- Geological and ecological settings of Mount St. Helens before May 18, 1980 / Frederick J. Swanson, Charles M. Crisafulli and David K. Yamaguchi -- Physical events, environments, and geological-ecological interactions at Mount St. Helens : March 1980-2004 / Frederick J. Swanson and Jon J. Major -- Plant responses in forests of the tephra-fall zone / Joseph A. Antos and Donald B. Zobel -- Plant succession on the Mount St. Helens debris-avalanche deposit / Virginia H. Dale ... [et al.] -- Geomorphic change and vegetation development on the Muddy River mudflow deposit / Peter M. Frenzen ... [et al.] -- Proximity, microsites, and biotic interactions during early succession / Roger del Moral, David M. Wood and Jonathan H. Titus --Remote sensing of vegetation responses during the first 20 years following the 1980 eruption of Mount St. Helens : a spatially and temporally stratified analysis / Rick Lawrence -- Arthropods as pioneers in the regeneration of life on the pyroclastic-flow deposits of Mount St. Helens / John S. Edwards and Patrick M. Sugg -- Posteruption arthropod succession on the Mount St. Helens volcano : the ground-dwelling beetle fauna (Coleoptera) / Robert R. Parmenter ... [et al.] -- Causes and consequences of herbivory on prairie lupine (Lupinus lepidus) in early primary succession / John G. Bishop ... [et al.] -- Responses of fish to the 1980 eruption of Mount St. Helens / Peter A. Bisson ... [et al.] -- Amphibian responses to the 1980 eruption of Mount St. Helens / Charles M. Crisafulli ... [et al.] -- Small-mammal survival and colonization on the Mount St. Helens volcano : 1980-2002 / Charles M. Crisafulli, James A. MacMahon and Robert R. Parmenter --Mycorrhizae and Mount St. Helens : story of a symbiosis / Michael F. Allen ... [et al.] -- Patterns of decomposition and nutrient cycling across a volcanic disturbance gradient : a case study using rodent carcasses / Robert R. Parmenter -- Lupine effects on soil development and function during early primary succession at Mount St. Helens / Jonathan J. Halvorson, Jeffrey L. Smith and Ann C. Kennedy -- Response and recovery of lakes / Clifford N. Dahm ... [et al.] -- Ecological perspectives on management of the Mount St. Helens landscape / Virginia H. Dale, Frederick J. Swanson and Charles M. Crisafulli -- Overview of ecological responses to the eruption of Mount St. Helens : 1980-2005 / Charles M. Crisafulli, Frederick J. Swanson and Virginia H. Dale.
- Endosperm 2007, Springer
- Eucalyptus 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Expanding cell 2007, Springer
- Fenugreek 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Flax 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Florida ethnobotany 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Fungal associations. 2nd ed. 2012, SpringerThis new edition of Fungal Associations focuses on mycorrhizas, lichens and fungal-bacterial symbioses. It has been completely revised, updated and expanded. Renowned experts present thorough reviews and discuss the most recent findings on molecular interactions between fungi and plants or bacteria that lead to morphological alterations and novel properties in the symbionts. New insights into the beneficial impact of fungal associations on ecosystem health are provided and documented with striking examples.
- Fungal community. 3rd ed. 2005, CRCnetBASE
- General concepts in integrated pest and disease management 2007, Springer
- Geranium and pelargonium 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Ginger 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of African medicinal plants. Second edition. [2nd ed.] 2014, CRCnetBASECatalog of major African medicinal plants -- Pharmacognostical profile of selected medicinal plants -- Healing and the African culture -- The African medicine man -- Medicinal plants and traditional healing methods.
- Handbook of poisonous and injurious plants. 2nd ed. 2007, Springer
- Heme, chlorophyll, and bilins 2002, Springer ProtocolsMachine generated contents note: 1 Laboratory Methods for the Study of Tetrapyrroles -- Alison G. Smith and Michael Witty 1 -- 2 Syntheses of Tetrapyrroles -- Kevin M. Smith13 -- 3 General Laboratory Methods for Tetrapyrroles -- Jerry C. Bommer and Peter Hambright 39 -- 4 Enzymatic Preparation of Tetrapyrrole Intermediates -- Martin J. Warren and Peter M. Shoolingin-Jordan69 -- 5 Analysis of Biosynthetic Intermediates, 5-Aminolevulinic Acid to Heme -- Chang Kee Lim95 -- 6 Analysis of Intermediates and End Products of the Chlorophyll -- Biosynthetic Pathway -- Constantin A. Rebeiz111 -- 7 Analysis of Heme and Hemoproteins -- Angela Wilks 157 -- 8 Hemoproteins Purification and Characterization by Using Aqueous -- Two-Phase Systems -- Daniel Forciniti 185 -- 9 Structural Study of Heme Proteins by Electron Microscopy -- of 2-Dimensional Crystals -- Terrence G. Frey 209 -- 10 Analysis and Reconstitution of Chlorophyll-Proteins -- Harald Paulsen and Volkmar H. R. Schmid 235 -- 11 Two-Dimensional Crystallization of Chlorophyll Proteins -- Georgios Tsiotis 255 -- 12 Biosynthesis and Analysis of Bilins -- Matthew J. Terry 273 -- 13 Analysis and Reconstitution of Phytochromes -- Michael T. McDowell and J. Clark Lagarias293 -- 14 Analysis and Reconstitution of Phycobiliproteins: Methods for the -- Characterization of Bilin Attachment Reactions -- Wendy M. Schluchter and Donald A. Bryant311.
- Herbal and traditional medicine. [2nd ed.] 2004, CRCnetBASEIntegrating traditional and complementary medicine into national health care: learning from the international experience -- Can traditional medicine coexist with modern medicine in the same health care system? -- Clinial trials for herbal extracts -- Herbal medicine: criteria for use in health and disease -- Effects of phytochemicals in Chinese functional ingredients on gut health -- Tea and health -- Ginkgo biloba: from traditional medicine to molecular biology -- Ginger -- Lingzhi polyphorous fungus (Ganoderma lucidum) -- Epimedium species -- Ligusticum chuanxiong hort -- Salvia miltiorrhiza -- Schisandrin B and other dibenzocyclooctadiene lignans -- Spirulina: an overview -- Averrhoa bilimbi -- Lentinus edodes: Shiitake mushrooms -- Cruciferous vegetables and chemoprevention: the mechanisms of isothiocyanate-mediated chemoprotection in humans -- Pharmacological and chemopreventive studies of chrysanthemum -- Andrographis paniculata and the cardiovascular system -- Rosemary -- Crataegus (Hawthorn) -- Resveratrol: the promise therein -- Pharmacological and physiological effects of ginseng -- Antioxidant activities of prickly pear (Opuntia ficus indica) fruit and its betalains: betanin and indicaxanthin -- Antioxidant activity and antigenotoxicity of Cassia tora -- Sho-saiko-to -- Licorice root flavonoid antioxidants reduce LDL oxidation and attenuate cardiovascular diseases -- Estrogen-like activity of licorice root extract and its constitutents -- Protection of oxidative brain injury by Chinese herbal medicine: Shengmai San as a model formula for antioxidant-based-compounds therapy of oxidative stress-related diseases -- Eurycoma longifolia Jack (Tongkat Ali) -- The biological and pharmacological properties of Cordyceps sinesis, a traditional Chinese medicine that has broad clinical applications -- Phytochemistry, pharmacology, and health effects of Brandisia hancei -- Ephedra -- Echinacea and immunostimulation -- Medical attributes of St. John's wort (Hypericum perforatum) -- Therapeutic potential of curcumin derived from turmeric (Curcuma longa) -- Extracts from the leaves of Chromolaena odorata: a potential agent for wound healing -- Medicinal properties of Eucommia bark and leaves -- Systemic reviews of herbal medicinal products: doing more good than harm? -- Use of silicon-based oligonucleotide chip in authentication of toxic Chinese medicine -- Traditional Chinese medicine: problems and drawbacks -- Review of adverse effects of Chinese herbal medicine and herb-drug interactions.
- Herbal drugs and fingerprints 2012, Springer
- History of allelopathy 2007, SpringerWhat is Allelopathy?, p. 1-13 -- Allelopathy in the Classical World-- Greece and Rome, p. 15-37 -- Arabic Works, p. 39-52 -- Ancient India, China and Japan, p. 53-66 -- Mediaeval Period and Renaissance, p. 67-101 -- The Eighteenth Century-- Root Excretion, p. 103-124 -- Augustin Pyramus de Candolle, and His Era, p. 125-157 -- The Decline of Allelopathy in the Latter Nineteenth Century, p. 159-194 -- Spencer Pickering, and The Woburn Experimental Fruit Farm, 1894-1921, p. 195-208 -- The USDA Bureau of Soils and Its Influence, p. 209-249 -- Approaching the Modern Era, p. 251-299.
- Hypericum 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Illicium, pimpinella, and foeniculum 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Integrative phytochemistry 2003, ScienceDirectThe enzymatic basis of flavonoid biodiversity / Ragai K. Ibrahim and Dominique Anzellotti -- Structural, functional and evolutionary basis for methylation of plant small molecules / Joseph P. Noel ... [et al.] -- Regulation of anthocyanin pigmentation / Niloufer G. Irani, J. Marcela Hernandez and Erich Grotewold -- Localization of plant myrosinases and glucosinolates / Erik Andreasson and Lise Bolt Jorgensen -- Glucosinolate hydrolysis and its impact on generalist and specialist insect herbivores / Ute Wittstock ... [et al.] -- A novel myrosinase-glucosinolate defense system in cruciferous specialist aphids / John T. Rossiter, Alexnadra M. Jones and Atle M. Bones -- Multiple levels of control in the regulation of alkaloid biosynthesis / Peter J. Facchini ... [et al.] -- Biochemistry and molecular biology of indole alkaloid biosynthesis : the implication of recent discoveries / Vincenzo de Luca -- Chemical ecology of alkaloids exemplified with the pyrrolizidines / Dietrich Ober -- The chemical wizardry of isoprenoid metabolism in plants / Bryan T. Greenhagen ... [et al.] -- The sabath family of MTS in Arabidopsis Thaliana and other plant species / John C. D'Auria, Feng Chen, Eran Pichersky -- Xochipilli updated, terpenes from Mexican plants / Edmundo Lozoya-Gloria.
- Integrative plant biochemistry. 1st ed. 2006, ScienceDirectTerpene indole alkaloid biosynthesis /Sarah E. O'Connor, Elizabeth McCoy --Pathways to diverse ergot alkaloid profiles in fungi /Daniel G. Panaccione, Christopher L. Schardl, Christine M. Coyle --Compartmentalization of plant secondary metabolism /Nailish Samanani, Peter J. Facchini --Comparative genomics of the shikimate pathways in Arabidopsis, Populus trichocarpa and Oryza sativa : shikimate pathway gene family structure and identification of candidates for missing links in pehnylalanine biosynthesis /Björn Hamberger ... [et al.] --Tomato glandular trichomes as a model system for exploring evolution of specialized metabolism in a single cell /Eyal Fridman ... [et al.] --Anacardic acid biosynthesis and bioactivity /David J. Schultz, Nalinie S. Wickramasinghe, Carolyn M. Klinge --Molecular and biochemical investigations of sorgoleone biosynthesis /Daniel Cook ... [et al.] --Biosynthesis of terpenophenolic metabolites in hop and cannabis /Jonathan E. Page, Jana Nagel --Engineering pathway enzymes to understand the function and evolution of sterol structure and activity /Pruthvi Jayasimha ... [et al.] --Methylation and demethylation of plant signaling molecules /Yue Yang ... [et al.] --Recent advances in auxin biosynthesis and conjugation /Amber Kei Bowers, Yunde Zhao --Auxin biology and biosynthesis /Jessica Calio, Yuen Yee Tam, Jennifer Normanly --Translational opportunities in plant biochemistry /Cecilia A. McIntosh.
- International poisonous plants checklist 2008, CRCnetBASE
- Kava 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Laboratory protocols in fungal biology 2013, SpringerLaboratory Protocols in Fungal Biology presents the latest techniques in fungal biology. This book analyzes information derived through real experiments, and focuses on cutting edge techniques in the field. The book comprises 57 chapters contributed from internationally recognised scientists and researchers. Experts in the field have provided up-to-date protocols covering a range of frequently used methods in fungal biology. Almost all important methods available in the area of fungal biology viz. taxonomic keys in fungi; histopathological and microscopy techniques; proteomics methods; genomics methods; industrial applications and related techniques; and bioinformatics tools in fungi are covered and complied in one book. Chapters include introductions to their respective topics, list of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and notes on troubleshooting. Each chapter is self-contained and written in a style that enables the reader to progress from elementary concepts to advanced research techniques. Laboratory Protocols in Fungal Biology is a valuable tool for both beginner research workers and experienced professionals.
- Lavender 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Magnolia 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Medicalization of cannabis 2010, Wellcome Trust
- Medicinal plant research in Africa 2013, ScienceDirect1. Monoterpenes and related compounds from the medicinal plants of Africa / Michel Kenne Tchimene [and three others] -- 2. Sesquiterpenes from the medicinal plants of Africa / Maurice D. Awouafack [and three others] -- 3. Diterpenoids from the medicinal plants of Africa / Louis Pergaud Sandjo and Victor Kuete -- 4. Triterpenes and steroids from the medicinal plants of Africa / Louis Pergaud Sandjo and Victor Kuete -- 5. Essential oils from the medicinal plants of Africa / Oladipupo A. Lawal and Isiaka A. Ogunwande -- 6. Simple phenols, phenolic acids, and related esters from the medicinal plants of Africa / Guy B. Kougan [and three others] -- 7. Phenylpropanoids and related compounds from the medicinal plants of Africa / Victor Kuete -- 8. Coumarins and related compounds from the medicinal plants of Africa / Herve Martial Poumale Poumale [and four others] -- 9. Flavonoids and related compounds from the medicinal plants of Africa / Bathelemy Ngameni [and nine others] -- 10. Quinones and benzophenones from the medicinal plants of Africa / Kenneth O. Eyong, Victor Kuete and Thomas Efferth -- 11. Xanthones and anthranoids from the medicinal plants of Africa / Ofentse Mazimba [and three others] -- 12. Lignans and stilbenes from African medicinal plants / Apollinaire Tsopmo, Francis M. Awah and Victor Kuete -- 13. Tannins and related compounds from medicinal plants of Africa / Abdelaaty A. Shahat and Mohamed S. Marzouk -- 14. Alkaloids from the medicinal plants of Africa / Jean Duplex Wansi [and three others] -- 15. Ceramides, cerebrosides, and related long chains containing derivatives from the medicinal plants of Africa / Louis Pergaud Sandjo and Victor Kuete -- 16. Antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral activities of African medicinal plants / Ashwell R. Ndhlala [and five others] -- 17. Antimalarial and other antiprotozoal products from African medicinal plants / Denis Zofou, Victor Kuete and Vincent P.K. Titanji -- 18. Antiproliferative potential of African medicinal plants / Victor Kuete, Katrin Viertel and Thomas Efferth -- 19. Anti-inflammatory and analgesic activities of African medicinal plants / Christian Agyare [and three others] -- 20. Antidiabetes activity of African medicinal plants / Roland N. Ndip, Nicoline F. Tanih and Victor Kuete -- 21. Antioxidant activity of African medicinal plants / Mikhail Olugbemiro Nafiu, Musa Oyewole Salawu and Mutiu Idowu Kazeem -- 22. African medicinal plants acting on the reproductive, cardiovascular, and central nervous systems / Emmanuel Mouafo Tekwu, Veronique Penlap Beng and Victor Kuete -- 23. Legislation on medicinal plants in Africa / Mainen Julius Moshi and Paulo Peter Mhame -- 24. Medicinal plants market and industry in Africa / Jean P. Dzoyem, Emmanuel Tshikalange and Victor Kuete.
- Medicinal plants 2006, CRCnetBASEA unified and single-source reference book providing significant data on a wide spectrum of medicinal herbs practiced worldwide and their chemical ingredients. 350 plants are dealt with in detail dovetailing their distinguishing botanical characters, chemical components and biomarkers of all the useful parts, authentic medicinal properties and the pharmacological actions they elicit. Constituent compounds have been grouped according to their natural product classification. This book is intended to oncompass an in-depth coverage of the chemistry of "Plant Products" such as alkaloids, terponoids, phenolics, etc. Emerging trends like aromatherapy and antioxidant therapy are discussed and a user's guide is appended at the end.--excerpted from book jacket.
- Medicinal plants 2012, CRCnetBASE
- Medicinal plants of Asia and the Pacific 2006, CRCnetBASEMedicinal plants classified in the family Annonaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Myristicaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Lauraceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Piperaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Aristolochiaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Nympheaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Menispermaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Polygonaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Myrsinaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Ebenaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Bombacaceae --Medicinal plants classified in the family Elaeocarpaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Capparaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Flacourtiaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Passifloraceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Cucurbitaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Connaraceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Anisophylleaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Rosaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Thymeleaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Melastomataceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Rhizophoraceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Olacaceae --Medicinal plants classified in the family Icacinaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Euphorbiaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Sapindaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Anacardiaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Simaroubaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Meliaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Rutaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Loganiaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Gentianaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Apocynaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Asclepiadaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Solanaceae -- Medicinal plants classified in the family Verbenaceae.
- Medicinal plants of China, Korea, and Japan 2012, CRCnetBASE
- Medicinal plants of the world. v. 1-3 v. 3, 2005., Springer
- Molecular breeding of woody plants 2001, ScienceDirect
- Molecular identification of fungi 2010, Springer
- Narcissus and daffodil 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Natural products from plants. 2nd ed. 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Natural resistance mechanisms of plants to viruses 2006, Springer
- Naturally based biomaterials and therapeutics 2013, SpringerThis book advances biomedical innovations to address the plethora of health problems afflicting the developing world. A panoply of cultural, economic, infrastructural, and other factors prevent many interventions currently popular in the developed world from being similarly effective in the developing world. This book discusses less-traditional approaches, such as naturally based biomaterials and therapeutics, an area that has traditionally been overlooked but has also demonstrated impressive potential for health applications in recent years. This book explores precisely the kinds of applications which can enable countries like India to access more effective, inexpensive treatments while also taking more ownership of their healthcare technologies and innovations.
- Nuclear pre-mRNA processing in plants 2008, SpringerSpliceosomal proteins in plants / Y. Ru, B.B. Wang and V. Brendel -- Analysis of alternative splicing in plants with bioinformatics tools / B.J. Haas -- Splice site requirements and switches in plants / M.A. Schuler -- U12-dependent intron splicing in plants / C.G. Simpson and J.W. Brown -- Plant SR proteins and their functions / A. Barta, M. Kalyna and Z.J. Lorkovic -- Spatiotemporal organization of pre-mRNA splicing proteins in plants / G.S. Ali and A.S. Reddy -- Regulation of splicing by protein phosphorylation / R. Fluhr -- mRNA cap binding proteins: effects on abscisic acid signal transduction, mRNA processing, and microarray analyses / J.M. Kuhn, V. Hugouvieux and J.I. Schroeder -- Messenger RNA 3' end formation in plants / A.G. Hunt -- State of decay: an update on plant mRNA turnover / D.A. Belostotsky -- Regulation of flowering time by RNA processing / L.C. Terzi and G.G. Simpson -- Alternative splicing in plant defense / W. Gassmann -- Nuclear RNA export and its importance in abiotic stress responses of plants / V. Chinnusamy, Z. Gong and J.K. Zhu -- Regulation of alternative splicing of pre-mRNAs by stresses / G.S. Ali and A.S. Reddy -- Intron-mediated regulation of gene expression / A.B. Rose -- The role of the plant nucleolus in pre-mRNA processing / J.W. Brown and P.J. Shaw.
- Nutrient cycling in terrestrial ecosystems 2007, Springer
- Peatlands of the Western Guayana Highlands, Venezuela 2011, Springer
- Pharmacodynamic basis of herbal medicine 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Pharmacology of Bombax ceiba Linn. 2012, Springer
- Photoautotrophic (sugar-free medium) micropropagation as a new micropropagation and transplant production system 2005, Springer
- Photosynthesis research protocols 2004, Springer ProtocolsAssay of photoinhibition of photosystem II and protease activity / Yasusi Yamamoto ... [et al.] -- Thermoluminescence: a technique for probing photosystem II / Prafullachandra V. Sane -- Detection of free radicals and reactive oxygen species / Éva Hideg -- Stabilization of photosynthetic materials / Régis Rouillon, Pierre Euzet, and Robert Carpentier -- Determination of phosphoproteins in higher plant thylakoids / Eva-Mari Aro, Anne Rokka, and Alexander V. Vener -- Identifying photoprotection mutants in Arabidopsis thaliana / Jan Bart Rossel, Abby Cuttriss, and Barry J. Pogson -- A simple method for chloroplast transformation in Chlamydomonas reinhardtii / Velupillai M. Ramesh, Scott E. Bingham, and Andrew N. Webber -- The Construction of gene knockouts in the Cyanobacterium Synechocystis sp. PCC 6803 / Julian J. Eaton-Rye -- Gene inactivation in the cyanobacterium Synechococcus sp. PCC 7002 and the green sulfur bacterium Chlorobium tepidum using in vitro-made DNA constructs and natural transformation / Niels-Ulrik Frigaard, Yumiko Sakuragi, and Donald A. Bryant.Fractionation of thylakoid membranes into grana and stroma thylakoids / Juan Cuello and María José Quiles -- Isolation of photosystem I particles from spinach / Tetsuo Hiyama -- Rapid isolation and purification of photosystem I chlorophyll-binding protein from Chlamydomonas reinhardtii / Velupillai M. Ramesh and Andrew N. Webber -- Isolation of photosystem II-enriched membranes and the oxygen-evolving complex subunit proteins from higher plants / Yasusi Yamamoto, Shinsuke Sakuma, and Jian-Ren Shen -- Isolation of functional photosystem II core particles from the Cyanobacterium synechocystis sp. PCC 6803 / Dmitrii Vavilin -- Isolation of photosystem I reaction center preparation from spinach / Tetsuo Hiyama -- Isolation of photosystem II reaction center complexes from plants -- Michael Seibert, Inmaculada Yruela, and Rafael Picorel -- Isolation of photosystem I reaction center subunit polypeptides from spinach / Tetsuo Hiyama -- Purification and crystallization of the cytochrome b6f complex in oxygenic photosynthesis / Huamin Zhang and William A. Cramer -- Purification of plastocyanin and cytochrome C6 from plants, green algae, and cyanobacteria / José A. Navarro, Manuel Hervás, and Miguel A. De la Rosa --Preparation of native and recombinant light-harvesting chlorophyll-a/b complex / Wolfgang Rühle and Harald Paulsen -- Isolation and characterization of lamellar aggregates of LHCII and LHCII-lipid macro-assemblies with light-inducible structural transitions / Ilian Simidjiev, Zsuzsanna Vácrkonyi, and Gyozo Garab -- Separation, purification and characterization of polypeptide composition of subcomplexes of the main light-harvesting chlorophyll a/b-protein complex of photosystem II / Grzegorz Jackowski -- Isolation of CP43 and CP47 photosystem II proximal antenna complexes from plants / Rafael Picorel, Miguel Alfonso, and Michael Seibert -- The determination and quantification of photosynthetic pigments by reverse phase high-performance liquid chromatography, thin-layer chromatography, and spectroscopy / Tessa Pocock, Marianna Król, and Norman P. A. Huner -- Isolation and identification of chloroplast lipids / Norihiro Sato and Mikio Tsuzuki -- DNA adducts with chlorophyll and chlorophyllin as antimutagenic agents: synthesis, stability, and structural features / Heidar-Ali Tajmir-Riahi, Jean-Francois Neault, and Stravoula Diamantoglou -- Incorporation and analysis of LHCII in model systems / Wieslaw I. Gruszecki -- Photosystem II reconstitution into proteoliposomes: structure-function characterization / Mário Fragata -- Extraction of the functional manganese and calcium from photosystem II / Joel Freeman, Garth Hendry, and Tom Wydrzynski --
- Photosystem I 2006, Springer
- Photosystem II 2005, Springer
- Phytochemicals 2008, CRCnetBASETechnophysiology, evolution, and aging : towards a new image of aging / Paola S. Timiras -- Are there age-related changes in flavonoid bioavailability? / C-Y. Oliver Chen and Jeffrey B. Blumberg -- Trends in the analysis of phytochemicals : flavonoids and carotenoids / Eunmi Koh and Alyson E. Mitchell -- Anti-inflammatory botanicals : a case study of genetic screens as part of a pharmacogenomic approach / Moul Dey ... [et al.] -- Characteristics and functions of lutein and zeaxanthin within the human retina / Billy R. Hammond, Jr. and Lisa M. Renzi -- Phytochemicals and the aging brain / Stephane Bastianetto and Remi Quirion -- Green tea : skin care and skin diseases / Stephen D. Hsu -- Pomegranate phenolics antioxidant activities protect against cardiovascular diseases / Michael Aviram, Mira Rosenblat, and Bianca Fuhrman -- Customizing dietary recommendations by genotype in the era of genomics / Sina Vakili, Grace Jooyoung Shin, and Marie A. Caudill -- Development of a botanical combination product for allergy symptoms / Marc Lemay ... [et al.] -- Genotype-selective inhibition of IL-1 by botanicals : a nutrigenetics proof of principle / R. Keith Randolph.
- Phytochemicals 2013, CRCnetBASE"An examination of foods, botanicals, and phytochemicals as they relate to the prevention of age-related chronic diseases, this book discusses herbs and spices in cancer prevention; wine, phenolics, and cancer; anthocyanins in cardiovascular health; anti-inflammatories; skin photoprotection; beny phytochemicals; green tea catechins; and cognitive function in the elderly. The book begins with an overview of phytonutrients in human health and disease, and covers chronic disease prevention, bone and joint health, skin health, obesity and metabolism, and brain health. The final chapter describes an analytical technique 'proving very powerful in phytonutrient research in humans"--Provided by publisher.
- Phytochemicals in health and disease 2004, CRCnetBASENutritional genomics / Ruan M. Elliott, James R. Bacon, and Yongping Bao -- Methods to study bioavailability of phytochemicals / Birgit Holst and Gary Williamson -- Characterization of polyphenol metabolites /Andrea J. Day, Joseph A. Rothwell, and Michael R.A. Morgan -- Microarray profiling of gene expression patterns of genistein in tumor cells / Ching Li and Biehuoy Shieh -- Gene regulatory activity of Ginkgo biloba L. / Gerald Rimbach, Rainer Cermak, and Siegfried Wolffram -- Cancer chemoprevention with sulforaphane, a dietary isothiocyanate / Yuesheng Zhang -- Phytochemicals protect against heterocyclic amine-induced DNA adduct formation / Yongping Bao and James R. Bacon -- Organosulfur-garlic compounds and cancer prevention / John Milner -- Polymethylated flavonoids: cancer preventive and therapeutic potentials derived from anti-inflammatory and drug metabolism-modifying properties / Akira Murakami and Hajime Ohigashi -- Biochemical and molecular mechanisms of cancer chemoprevention by tea and tea polyphenols / Jen-Kun Lin -- The role of flavonoids in protection against cataract / Julie Sanderson and W. Russell McLauchlan -- Effects of oltipraz on phase 1 and phase 2 xenobiotic-metabolizing enzymes / Sophie Langouet, Fabrice Morel and Andre Guillouzo -- Future perspectives in phytochemical and health research / Yongping Bao and Roger Fenwick.
- Phytochemicals in nutrition and health 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Effect of Lifestyle, Aging, and Phytochemicals on the Onset of Neurological Disorders --Beneficial Effects of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (n-9 Fatty Acids) on Neurological Disorders --Beneficial Effects of Flaxseed Oil (n-3 Fatty Acids) on Neurological Disorders --Beneficial Effects of Flavonoids on Neurological Disorders --Beneficial Effects of Green Tea Catechins on Neurological Disorders --Beneficial Effects of Curcumin on Neurological Disorders --Beneficial Effects of Resveratrol on Neurological Disorders --Beneficial Effects of Ginkgo biloba in Neurological Disorders --Beneficial Effects of Garlic Components on Neurological Disorders --Beneficial Effects of Propolis on Neurological Disorders --Perspective and Direction for Future Research on Phytochemicals in Neurological Disorders.
- Phytochemistry in the genomics and post-genomics eras. 1st ed. 2002, ScienceDirect
- Plant bioinformatics 2007, Springer ProtocolsThe EMBL nucleotide sequence and genome reviews databases / Peter Sterk ... [et al.] -- Using GenBank / David Wheeler -- A collection of plant-specific genomic data and resources at NCBI / Tatiana Tatusova, Brian Smith-White, and James Ostell -- UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot / Emmanuel Boutet ... [et al.] -- Plant database resources at The Institute for Genomic Research / Agnes P. Chan... [et al.] -- MIPS plant genome information resources / Manuel Spannagl ...[et al.] -- HarvEST / Timothy J. Close ... [et al.] -- The TAIR database / Rebecca L. Poole -- AtEnsEMBL / Nick James ... [et al.] -- Accessing integrated Brasica genetic and genomic data using the BASC server / Christopher G. Love and David Edwards -- Leveraging model legume information to find candidate genes for soybean sudden death syndrome using the Legume Information System / Michael D. Gonzales ... [et al.] -- Legume resources : MtDB and Medicago.org / Ernest F. Retzel ... [et al.] -- BGI-RIS V2 / Ximiao He and Jun Wang -- GrainGenes / Helen O'Sullivan -- Gramene / Doreen Ware -- MaizGDB / Carolyn J. Lawrence -- BarleyBase/PLEXdb / Roger P. Wise ... [et al.] -- Reaping the benefits of SAGE / Stephen J. Robinson ... [et al.] -- Methods for analysis of gene expression in plants using MPSS / Kan Nobuta, Kalyan Vemaraju, and Blake C. Meyers -- Metabolomics data analysis, visualization, and integration / Lloyd W. Sumner, Ewa Urbanczyk-Wochniak, and Corey D. Broeckling -- KEGG bioinformatics resource for plant genomics research / Ali Masoudi-Nejad ... [et al.] -- International Crop Information System for germplasms data management / Arllet Portugal ... [et al.] -- Automated discovery of single nucleotide polymorphism and simple sequence repeat molecular genetic markers / Jacqueline Batley, Erica Jewell, and David Edwards -- Methods for gene ontology annotation / Emily Dimmer ... [et al.] -- Gene structure annotation at PlantGDB / Volker Brendel -- An introduction to BioPerl / Jason E. Stajich.
- Plant cell culture protocols. 2nd ed. 2005, Springer Protocols
- Plant chromosome engineering 2011, Springer ProtocolsRecent advances in plant transformation -- Engineering the plastid genome of nicotiana sylvestris, a diploid model species for plastid genetics -- Homologous recombination in plants : An antireview -- Chromosome painting for plant biotechnology -- Plant B chromosomes -- Telomere truncation in plants -- Engineered plant minichromosomes -- Method for bxb1-mediated site-specific integration in planta -- Targeted mutagenesis in arabidopsis using zinc-finger nucleases -- Vectors and methods for hairpin RNA and artificial microRNA-mediated gene silencing in plants -- Recombinant protein expression in nicotiana -- Chromosome analysis and sorting using flow cytometry -- Super-stretched pachytene chromosomes for plant molecular cytogenetic mapping -- Cytological dissection of the triticeae chromosomes by the gametocidal system -- Development and use of oat-maize chromosome additions and radiation hybrids -- Enhancer trapping in plants -- Chromatin beacons : Global sampling of chromatin physical properties using chromatin charting lines -- Transposable elements as catalysts for chromosome rearrangements.
- Plant developmental biology 2010, Springer ProtocolsGrowth protocols for model plants in developmental biology / Lars Hennig -- Grafting as a research tool / Colin G.N. Turnbull -- Virus-induced gene silencing as a reverse genetics tool to study gene function / Steven Bernacki ... [et al.] -- The CRE/lox system as a tool for developmental studies at the cell and tissue level / Guy Wachsman and Renze Heidstra -- Inducible gene expression systems for plants / Lorenzo Borghi -- Trichome development in Arabidopsis / Joachim F. Uhrig and Martin Hülskamp -- Phenotyping the development of leaf area in Arabidopsis thaliana / Sarah J. Cookson ... [et al.] -- Analyzing shoot apical meristem development / Cristel C. Carles ... [et al.] -- Analyzing floral meristem development / Elisa Fiume ... [et al.] -- Female gametophytic mutants : diagnosis and characterization / Ronny Völz and Rita Gross-Hardt -- Pollen tube development / Mark A. Johnson and Benedikt Kost -- Analysis of root meristem size development / Serena Perilli and Sabrina Sabatini -- Phenotypic characterization of photomorphogenic responses during plant development / Thomas Kretsch -- Kinematic analysis of cell division and expansion / Bart Rymen ... [et al.] -- Flowering time control / Yvonne Möller-Steinbach, Cristina Alexandre, and Lars Hennig -- mRNA detection by whole mount in situ hybridization (WISH) or sectioned tissue in situ hybridization (SISH) in Arabidopsis / Yvonne Stahl and Rüdiger Simon -- Immunolocalization of proteins in plants / Michael Sauer and Jiří Friml -- Detection of small non-coding RNAs / Tamas Dalmay -- Quantitative real time PCR in plant developmental biology / Vivien Exner -- Luciferase and green fluorescent protein reporter genes as tools to determine protein abundance and intracellular dynamics / András Viczián and Stefan Kircher -- Fluorescence-activated cell sorting in plant developmental biology / Anjali S. Iyer-Pascuzzi and Philip N. Benfey -- Laser microdissection of paraffin-embedded plant tissues for transcript profiling / Robert C. Day -- Utilizing bimolecular fluorescence complementation (BiFC) to assay protein-protein interaction in plants / Nir Ohad and Shaul Yalovsky -- The split luciferase complementation assay / Naohiro Kato and Jason Jones -- Co-immunoprecipitation and protein blots / Erika Isono and Claus Schwechheimer -- Probing protein-protein interactions with FRET-FLIM / Christoph Bücherl ... [et al.] -- Plant chromatin immunoprecipitation / Corina B.R. Villar and Claudia Köhler -- Immunocytological analysis of chromatin in isolated nuclei / Penka Pavlova ... [et al.] -- Bisulphite sequencing of plant genomic DNA / Ernst Aichinger and Claudia Köhler.
- Plant embryo culture 2011, Springer ProtocolsZygotic embryo culture : an overview /Tegan M. Haslam and Edward C. Yeung --In vitro fertilization with rice gametes: production of zygotes and zygote and embryo culture /Takashi Okamoto --Canola zygotic embryo culture /Nicole S. Ramesar-Fortner and Edward C. Yeung --Immature seeds and embryos of Medicago truncatula cultured in vitro /Sergio J. Ochatt --In vitro culture and germination of terrestrial asian orchid seeds /Yung-I. Lee --In vitro culture of coconut (Cocos nucifera L.) zygotic embryos /Florent Engelmann, Bernard Malaurie, and Oulo N'Nan --Immature embryo rescue and culture /Xiuli Shen, Fred G. Gmitter, Jr., and Jude W. Grosser --Chickpea hybridization using in vitro techniques /Nalini Mallikarjuna and Fred J. Muehlbauer --Muskmelon embryo rescue techniques using in vitro embryo culture /Hector Gordon Nunez-Palenius, Rafael Ramirez-Malagon, and Neftali Ochoa-Alejo --Phaseolus immature embryo rescue technology /Pascal Geerts ... [et al.] --Wide crossing in lentil through embryo rescue /Richard Fratini and Maria L. Ruiz --Generation of interspecific hybrids of Trifolium using embryo rescue techniques /Ajoy Kumar Roy, Devendra Ram Malaviya and Pankaj Kaushal --Cryopreservation of embryos : an overview /Florent Engelmann --Cryogenic technologies for the long-term storage of Citrus germplasm /Anna De Carlo, Maurizio Lambardi, and Elif Aylin Ozudogru --Cryopreservation of zygotic embryonic axes and somatic embryos of european chestnut /Ana M. Vieitez, M. Carmen San-Jose and Elena Corredoira --Cryopreservation of Ilex immature zygotic embryos /Luis Mroginski ... [et al.] --Use of zygotic embryos as explants for in vitro propagation : an overview /Mohamed Elhiti and Claudio Stasolla --Somatic embryogenesis and plant regeneration in the culture of Arabidopsis thaliana (L.) heynh. immature zygotic embryos /Malgorzata D. Gaj -- Pine somatic embryogenesis using zygotic embryos as explants /Gerald S. Pullman and Kylie Bucalo --Micropropagation of Phalaenopsis orchids via protocorms and protocorm-like bodies /Kee Yoeup Paek, Eun Joo Hahn, and So Young Park --Genetic transformation protocols using zygotic embryos as explants : an overview /Muhammad Tahir, Ejaz A. Waraich, and Claudio Stasolla --Genetic transformation using maize immature zygotic embryos /Bronwyn Frame ... [et al.] --Biolistic-mediated transformation protocols for maize and pearl millet using pre-cultured immature zygotic embryos and embryogenic tissue /Martha M. O'Kennedy, Hester C. Stark and Nosisa Dube --Agrobacterium tumefaciens-mediated genetic transformation of cereals using immature embryos /Ashok K. Shrawat and Allen G. Good.
- Plant embryogenesis 2008, Springer ProtocolsArabidopsis embryogenesis / Soomin Park and John J. Harada -- Maize embryogenesis / Pilar Fontanet and Carlos M. Vicient -- Spruce embryogenesis / Sara von Arnold and David Clapham -- In vitro fertilization with isolated higher plant gametes / Erhard Kranz, Yoichiro Hoshino, and Takashi Okamoto -- In vitro culture of Arabidopsis embryos / Michael Sauer and Jiří Friml -- Culture and time-lapse tracking of barley microspore-derived embryos / Simone de F. Maraschin ... [et al.] -- Isolation of embryo-specific mutants in Arabidopsis : plant transformation / Nai-You Liu, Zhi-Feng Zhang, and Wei-Cai Yang -- Isolation of embryo-specific mutants in Arabidopsis : genetic and phenotypic analysis / Nai-You Liu, Zhi-Feng Zhang, and Wei-Cai Yang -- Laser-capture microdissection to study global transcriptional changes during plant embryogenesis / Stuart A. Casson, Matthew W.B. Spencer, and Keith Lindsey -- Promoter trapping system to study embryogenesis / Robert Blanvillain and Patrick Gallois -- Visualization of auxin gradients in embryogenesis / Michael Sauer and Jiří Friml -- Intercellular trafficking of macromolecules during embryogenesis / Insoon Kim and Patricia C. Zambryski -- Immunolocalization of proteins in somatic embryos : applications for studies on the cytoskeleton / Andrei P. Smertenko and Patrick J. Hussey -- Detection of programmed cell death in plant embryos / Lada H. Filonova, María F. Suárez, and Peter V. Bozhkov.
- Plant endoplasmic reticulum 2006, Springer
- Plant genomes 2008, KargerPaleopolyploidy and its impact on the structure and function of modern plant genomes / A.H. Paterson -- Genomic history and gene family evolution in angiosperms: challenges and opportunities / J. Sampedro, D. Cosgrove -- The evolutionary position of subfunctionalization, downgraded / M. Freeling -- Grass genome structure and evolution / J. Messing, J.L. Bennetzen -- Phylogenetic insights into the pace and pattern of plant genome size evolution / C.E. Grover, J.S. Hawkins, J.F. Wendel -- Plant transposable elements / J.M. Deragon, J.M. Casacuberta, O. Panaud -- Plant sex chromosomes / D. Charlesworth -- Plant centromeres / J.C. Lamb ... [et al.] -- MiRNAs in the plant genome: all things great and small / B.C. Meyers, P.J. Green, C. Lu -- Recent insights into the evolution of genetic diversity of maize / A. Rafalski, S. Tingey -- The rice genome structure as a trail from the past to beyond / T. Sasaki.
- Plant genomics 2009, Springer ProtocolsRole of model plant species / Richard Flavell -- New technologies for ultra-high throughput genotyping in plants / Nikki Appleby, David Edwards, and Jacqueline Batley -- Genetic maps and the use of synteny / Chris Duran, David Edwards, and Jacqueline Batley -- A simple TAE-based method to generate large insert BAC libraries from plant species / Bu-Jun Shi, J. Perry Gustafson, and Peter Langridge -- Transcript profiling and expression level mapping / Elena Potokina, Arnis Druka, and Michael J. Kearsey -- Methods for functional proteomic analyses / Christof Rampitsch and Natalia V. Bykova -- Stable transformation of plants / Huw D. Jones and Caroline A. Sparks -- Transient transformation of plants / Huw D. Jones, Angela Doherty, and Caroline A. Sparks -- Bridging the gene-to-function knowledge gap through functional genomics / Stephen J. Robinson and Isobel A.P. Parkin -- Heterologous and cell-free protein expression systems / Naser Farrokhi ... [et al.] -- Functional genomics and structural biology in the definition of gene function / Maria Hrmova and Geoffrey B. Fincher -- In situ analysis of gene expression in plants / Sinéad Drea ... [et al.] -- Plant and crop databases / David E. Matthews, Gerard R. Lazo, and Olin D. Anderson -- Plant genome annotation methods / Shu Ouyang ... [et al.] -- Molecular plant breeding : methodology and achievements / Rajeev K. Varshney ... [et l.] -- Practical delivery of genes to the marketplace / David A. Fischhoff and Molly N. Cline -- Ecological genomics of natural plant populations : the Israeli perspective / Eviatar Nevo -- Genome sequencing approaches and successes / Michael Imelfort ... [et al.]
- Plant hormones 2009, Springer Protocols1. Using reverse genetics to develop small knockout collections for specific biological questions / J. Northey and P. McCourt -- 2. Visualizing auxin transport routes in Arabidopsis leaf primordial / Danielle Marcos and Thomas Berleth -- 3. Gene expression analyses for elucidating mechanisms of hormonal action in plants / George W. Bassel and Nicholas J. Provart -- 4. Measurement of plant hormones by liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry / Stacey J. Owen and Suzanne R. Abrams -- 5. Measurement of abscisic acid and gibberellins by gas chromatography/mass spectrometry / Masanori Okamoto ... [et al.] -- 6. Pull-down assays for plant hormone research / Stefab Kepinski -- 7. Binding assays for brassinosteroid receptors / Ana Caño-Delgado and Zhi-Yong Wang -- 8. Binding assays for abscisic acid receptors / Fawzi A. Razem and Robert D. Hill -- 9. Cytokinin sensing systems using microorganisms / Masayuki Higuchi, Tatsuo Kakimoto and Takeshi Mizuno -- 10. Hormone-binding assay using living bacteria expressing eukaryotic receptors / Georgy A. Romanov and S.N. Lomin -- 11. Discovery of plant microRNAs and short-interfering RNAs by deep parallel sequencing / Padmanabhan Chellappan and Hailing Jin -- 12. The use of chemical genomics to investigate pathways intersecting auxin-dependent responses and endomembrane trafficking in Arabidopsis thaliana / Lorena Norambuena, Glenn R. Hicks and Natasha V. Raikhel.
- Plant metabolomics 2006, Springer
- Plant propagation by tissue culture. 3rd ed. 2008, Springerv. 1. The Background.
- Plant proteomics 2007, Springer
- Plant proteomics 2006, Springer ProtocolsTotal protein extraction with TCA-acetone / Valérie Méchin, Catherine Damerval, and Michel Zivy -- Phenol extraction of proteins for proteomic studies of recalcitrant plant tissues / Mireille Faurobert, Esther Pelpoir, and Jamila Chaïb -- Protein extraction from cereal seeds / Gérard Branlard and Emmanuelle Blancel -- Protein extraction from xylem and phloem sap / Julia Kehr and Martijn Rep -- Protein extraction from woody plants / Christophe Plomion and Céline Lalanne -- Isolation of chloroplast proteins from Arabidopsis thaliana for proteome analysis / Klaas J. van Wijk, Jean-Benoit Peltier, and Lisa Giacomelli -- Isolation and subfractionation of plant mitochondria for proteomic analysis / Holger Eubel, Joshua L. Heazlewood, and A. Harvey Millar -- Extraction of nuclear proteins from root meristematic cells / Fernando González-Camacho and Francisco Javier Medina -- Isolation of nuclear proteins / Setsuko Komatsu -- Isolation of cell wall proteins from Medicago sativa stems / Bonnie S. Watson and Lloyd W. Sumner -- Plant plasma membrane protein extraction and solubilization for proteomic analysis / Véronique Santoni -- Detergents and chaotropes for protein solubilization before two-dimensional electrophoresis / Thierry Rabilloud ... [et al.] -- Two-dimensional electrophoresis for plant proteomics / Walter Weiss and Angelika Görg -- Visible and fluorescent staining of two-dimensional gels / François Chevalier, Valérie Rofidal, and Michel Rossignol -- Two-dimensional differential in-gel electrophoresis (DIGE) of leaf and roots of Lycopersicon esculentum / Matthew Keeler ... [et al.] -- Quantitative analysis of 2D gels / Michel Zivy -- Multivariate data analysis of proteome data / Kåre Engkilde, Susanne Jacobsen, and Ib Søndergaard -- Edman sequencing of plant proteins from 2D gels / Setsuko Komatsu -- Peptide mass fingerprinting: identification of proteins by MALDI-TOF / Nicolas Sommerer, Delphine Centeno, and Michel Rossignol -- Protein identification using nano liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry / Luc Negroni -- Two-dimensional nanoflow liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry of proteins extracted from rice leaves and roots / Linda Breci and Paul A. Haynes -- Separation, identification, and profiling of membrane proteins by GFC/IEC/SDS-PAGE and MALDI TOF MS / Wojciech Szponarski ... [et al.] -- The PROTICdb database for 2-DE proteomics / Olivier Langella, Michel Zivy, and Johann Joets -- Identification of phosphorylated proteins / Maria V. Turkina and Alexander V. Vener -- Plant proteomics and glycosylation / Anne-Catherine Fitchette ... [et al.] -- Blue-native gel electrophoresis for the characterization of protein complexes in plants / Jesco Heinemeyer, Dagmar Lewejohann, and Hans-Peter Braun -- Electroelution of intact proteins from SDS-PAGE gels and their subsequent MALDI-TOF MS analysis / Zhentian Lei ... [et al.] -- Generation of plant protein microarrays and investigation of antigen-antibody interactions / Birgit Kersten and Tanja Feilner -- Phosphorylation studies using plant protein microarrays / Tanja Feilner and Birgit Kersten.
- Plant reverse genetics 2011, Springer ProtocolsAnalysis of High-Throughput Sequencing Data / Shrinivasrao P. Mane, Thero Modise, Bruno W. Sobral -- Identification of Plant microRNAs Using Expressed Sequence Tag Analysis / Taylor P. Frazier, Baohong Zhang -- Microarray Data Analysis / Saroj K. Mohapatra, Arjun Krishnan -- Setting Up Reverse Transcription Quantitative-PCR Experiments / Madana M. Ambavaram, Andy Pereira -- Virus-Induced Gene Silencing in Nicotiana benthamiana and Other Plant Species / Andrew Hayward, Meenu Padmanabhan, S. P. Dinesh-Kumar -- Agroinoculation and Agroinfiltration: Simple Tools for Complex Gene Function Analyses / Zarir Vaghchhipawala, Clemencia M. Rojas, Muthappa Senthil-Kumar, Kirankumar S. Mysore -- Full-Length cDNA Overexpressor Gene Hunting System (FOX Hunting System) / Mieko Higuchi, Youichi Kondou, Takanari Ichikawa, Minami Matsui -- Activation Tagging with En/Spm-I /dSpm Transposons in Arabidopsis / Nayelli Marsch-Martínez, Andy Pereira -- Activation Tagging and Insertional Mutagenesis in Barley / Michael A. Ayliffe, Anthony J. Pryor -- Methods for Rice Phenomics Studies / Chyr-Guan Chern, Ming-Jen Fan, Sheng-Chung Huang, Su-May Yu, Fu-Jin Wei, Cheng-Chieh Wu, Arunee Trisiriroj, Ming-Hsing Lai, Shu Chen, Yue-Ie C. Hsing -- Development of an Efficient Inverse PCR Method for Isolating Gene Tags from T-DNA Insertional Mutants in Rice / Sung-Ryul Kim, Jong-Seong Jeon, Gynheung An -- Transposon Insertional Mutagenesis in Rice / Narayana M. Upadhyaya, Qian-Hao Zhu, Ramesh S. Bhat -- Reverse Genetics in Medicago truncatula Using Tnt1 Insertion Mutants / Xiaofei Cheng, Jiangqi Wen, Million Tadege, Pascal Ratet, Kirankumar S. Mysore -- Screening Arabidopsis Genotypes for Drought Stress Resistance / Amal Harb, Andy Pereira -- Protein Tagging for Chromatin Immunoprecipitation from Arabidopsis / Stefan Folter -- Yeast One-Hybrid Screens for Detection of Transcription Factor DNA Interactions / Pieter B. Ouwerkerk, Annemarie H. Meijer -- Plant Metabolomics by GC-MS and Differential Analysis / Joel L. Shuman, Diego F. Cortes, Jenny M. Armenta, Revonda M. Pokrzywa, Pedro Mendes, Vladimir Shulaev -- Gramene Database: A Hub for Comparative Plant Genomics / Pankaj Jaiswal.
- Plant secondary metabolites 2007, Springer Protocols
- Plant signal transduction 2009, Springer ProtocolsMultiple dimensions in plant signal transduction : an overview / Jorge J. Casal -- Phenotyping of Arabidopsis mutants for developmental effects of gene deletions / Cordelia Bolle -- Phenotyping of abiotic responses and hormone treatment in Arabidopsis / Cordelia Bolle -- Accurate real-time reverse transcription quantitative PCR / Marco Klatte and Petra Bauer -- Probing spatio-temporal intracellular calcium variations in plants / Axel Mithöfer, Christian Mazars, and Massimo E. Maffei -- Dynamic redox measurements with redox-sensitive GFP in plants by confocal laser scanning microscopy / Andreas J. Meyer and Thorsten Brach -- Imaging reactive oxygen species in vivo / Steven M. Driever ... [et al.] -- Identification of thioredoxin targeted proteins using thioredoxin single cysteine mutant-immobilized resin / Ken Motohashi, Patrick G.N. Romano, and Toru Hisabori -- Determination of in vivo protein phosphorylation in photosynthetic membranes / Julia P. Vainonen, Alexander V. Vener, and Eva-Mari Aro -- Examining protein stability and its relevance for plant growth and development / Claus Schwechheimer ... [et al.] -- Probing circadian rhythms in Chlamydomonas rheinhardtii by functional proteomics / Volker Wagner and Maria Mittag -- Bimolecular fluorescence complementation (BiFC) to study protein-protein interactions in living plant cells / Katia Schütze, Klaus Harter, and Christina Chaban -- Fluorescence cross-correlation spectroscopy of plant proteins / Hideki Muto, Masataka Kinjo, and Kotaro T. Yamamoto -- The determination of protein-protein interactions by the mating-based split-ubiquitin-system (mbSUS) / Christopher Grefen, Petr Obrdlik, and Klaus Harter -- Functional complementation of yeast mutants to study plant signalling pathways / Norbert Mehlmer, Elisabeth Scheikl-Pourkhalil, and Markus Teige -- Phosphatase activities analyzed by in vivo expressions / Alois Schweighofer, Zahra Ayatollahi, and Irute Meskiene -- Chromatin immunoprecipitation experiments to investigate in vivo binding of Arabidopsis transcription factors to target sequences / Benjamin Fode and Christiane Gatz -- Fluorescence-based electrophoretic mobility shift assay in the analysis of DNA-binding proteins / Sebastian Steiner and Thomas Pfannschmidt -- Analysis of plant regulatory DNA sequences by the yeast-one-hybrid assay / Dierk Wanke and Klaus Harter -- Analysis of plant regulatory DNA sequences by transient protoplast assays and computer aided sequence evaluation / Kenneth W. Berendzen, Klaus Harter, and Dierk Wanke -- RNA protein interaction mediating post-transcriptional regulation in the circadian system / Jan C. Schöning and Dorothee Staiger.
- Plant systems biology 2007, Springer
- Plant tissue culture engineering 2006, Springer
- Plant transposable elements 2012, SpringerTransposable elements are DNA sequences with the capacity to move within a genome. Although their presence and impact has long been known, the recent genome-wide analysis of many eukaryotic genomes has uncovered their major role in genome dynamics and function. The present book explains how to recognize and study transposable elements, e.g. by using state-of-the-art strategies based on new-generation sequencing. Moreover, the impact of transposable elements on plant genome structure and function is reviewed in detail and illustrated in examples and case studies. The book is intended both for readers familiar with the field and for newcomers. With large-scale sequencing becoming increasingly available, more and more people will come across transposable element sequences in their data, and this volume will hopefully help to convince them that transposable elements are not just "junk" DNA, and may actually be the most interesting and fun part of their data!
- Plant viral vectors 2014, SpringerIn this volume, the authors provide an excellent overview of how far the plant viral vector field has come. The discipline is no longer exclusively in the domain of academics-there is a small, but growing number of small biotechnology companies that exploit plant viruses as the platform for commercial innovation in crop improvement, industrial product manufacturing, and human and veterinary health care.
- Plant virology protocols. 2nd ed. 2008, Springer Protocols
- Plant-pathogen interactions 2006, Springer ProtocolsThe use of protoplasts to study innate immune responses / Ping He, Libo Shan, and Jen Sheen -- Marker-exchange mutagenesis and complementation strategies for the gram-negative bacteria Xanthomonas oryzae pv. oryzae / Sang-Won Lee and Pamela C. Ronald -- Whole-genome analysis to identify type III-secreted effectors / Boris A. Vinatzer and Jean T. Greenberg -- In planta expression of oomycete and fungal genes / Thirumala-Devi Kanneganti, Edgar Huitema, and Sophien Kamoun -- Use of nipponbare bac clones for physical mapping of an R gene locus in rice / Jong-Seong Jeon and Pamela C. Ronald -- Agrobacterium-mediated transformation to create an insertion library in magnaporthe grisea / Sara L.Tucker and Marc J. Orbach -- Identification of components in disease-resistance signaling in arabidopsis by map-based cloning / Yuelin Zhang, Jane Glazebrook, and Xin Li -- Yeast two-hybrid approaches to dissecting the plant defense response / Mawsheng Chern, Todd Richter, and Pamela C. Ronald -- Use of rolling-circle amplification for large-scale yeast two-hybrid analyses / Xiaodong Ding, Yan Zhang, and Wen-Yuan Song -- Preparative denaturing isoelectric focusing for enhancing sensitivity of proteomic studies / Antonio Serna-Sanz, Greg Rairdan, and Scott C. Peck --Use of massively parallel signature sequencing to study genes expressed during the plant defense response / Blake C. Meyers, Christian D. Haudenschild, and Kalyan Vemaraju -- Use of microarray analysis to dissect the plant defense response / Jane Glazebrook -- Use of robust long-serial analysis of gene expression to identify novel fungal and plant genes involved in host-pathogen interactions / Malali Gowda ... [et al.] -- Analysis of gene function in rice through virus-induced gene silencing / Xin Shun Ding, C. Srinivasa Rao, and Richard S. Nelson -- Use of RNA interference to dissect defense-signaling pathways in rice / Chuansheng Mei, Xiangjun Zhou, and Yinong Yang -- Virus-induced gene silencing in plant roots / Isgouhi Kaloshian -- Methods for engineering resistance to plant viruses / Mysore R. Sudarshana, Gourgopal Roy, and Bryce W. Falk -- Development of genetically engineered resistant papaya for papaya ringspot virus in a timely manner: a comprehensive and successful approach / Savarni Tripathi, Jon Suzuki, and Dennis. Gonsalves.
- Plant-produced microbial vaccines 2009, SpringerPlant vaccines: an immunological perspective / D.C. Hooper -- Display of peptides on the surface of tobacco mosaic virus particles / M.L. Smith ... [et al.] -- Chloroplast-derived vaccine antigens and biopharmaceuticals: expression, folding, assembly and functionality / S. Chebolu and H. Daniell -- Production of antibodies in plants: approaches and perspectives / K. Ko, R. Brodzik and Z. Steplewski -- Plant production of veterinary vaccines and therapeutics / R.W. Hammond and L.G. Nemchinov -- Plant-based oral vaccines: results of human trials / C.O. Tacket.
- Plants that fight cancer 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Pollen terminology 2009, Springer
- Pomegranates 2006, CRCnetBASEPomegranate phytochemicals / Navindra P. Seeram ... [et al.] -- Antioxidative properties of pomegranate : in vitro studies / Mira Rosenblat and Michael Aviram -- Bioavailability of pomegranate polyphenols / Francisco A. Tomas-Barberan, Navindra P. Seeram, and Juan Carlos Espin -- Protection against cardiovascular disease / Bianca Fuhrman and Michael Aviram -- Protection against stroke / Marva I. Sweeney-Nixon -- Anticancer potential of pomegranate / Shishir Shishodia ... [et al.] -- Molecular mechanisms of chemoprevention of cancer by pomegranate / Deeba Syed ... [et al.] -- Pomegranate and prostate cancer chemoprevention / John T. Leppert and Allan J. Pantuck -- Accessment of estrogenicity of pomegranate in an in vitro bioassay / Diane M. Harris, Emily Besselink, and Navindra P. Seeram -- Absence of significant estrogenic effects in the postmenopausal population / Michelle P. Warren ... [et al.] -- Antimicrobial activities of pomegranate / G.K. Jayaprakasha, P.S. Negi, B.S. Jena -- Commercialization of pomegranates : fresh fruit, beverages, and botanical extracts / Navindra P. Seeram, Yanjun Zhang, and David Heber -- Pomegranates: a botanical perspective / David W. Still -- Postharvest biology and technology of pomegranates / Adel A. Kader.
- Principles and practice of phytotherapy. 2nd ed. 2013, ScienceDirectMachine generated contents note: pt. ONE Background and strategies -- 1.Herbal therapeutic systems -- 2.Principles of herbal pharmacology -- 3.Principles of herbal treatment -- 4.Validating herbal therapeutics -- 5.Optimising safety -- pt. TWO Practical clinical guides -- 6.Dosage and dosage forms in herbal medicine -- 7.A systematic approach to herbal prescribing -- 8.Herbal approaches to pathological states -- Topical applications -- Fever -- Infectious diseases -- Inflammatory and autoimmune diseases -- Fatigue and debility -- Malignant diseases -- 9.Herbal approaches to system dysfunctions -- Digestive system and bowel -- Biliary system -- The liver -- Cardiovascular system -- Respiratory system -- Urinary system -- Nervous system -- Female reproductive system -- Joint diseases -- Skin diseases -- Male reproductive system -- Endocrine disorders -- pt. THREE Materia Medica -- 10.How to use the monographs -- Andrographis -- Arnica flowers -- Astragalus -- Bearberry --Contents note continued: Berberis bark and Hydrastis root -- Bilberry fruit -- Black cohosh -- Boswellia -- Buchu -- Bugleweed and European bugleweed -- Bupleurum -- Butcher's broom -- Chamomile, German -- Chaste tree -- Chelidonium -- Devil's claw -- Dong quai -- Echinacea root -- Evening primrose oil -- Eyebright -- Fennel fruit -- Feverfew -- Ginger -- Ginkgo -- Ginseng -- Globe artichoke -- Gotu kola -- Hawthorn -- Horsechestnut seed -- Kava -- Licorice -- Meadowsweet -- Melilotus -- Myrrh -- Nettle -- Pau d'arco -- Peppermint -- Poke root -- Rehmannia -- Saw palmetto -- Siberian ginseng -- St John's wort -- St Mary's thistle -- Thyme -- Tribulus leaf -- Turmeric -- Valerian -- Willow bark -- Witchhazel -- Withania.
- Protocol for somatic embryogenesis in woody plants 2005, Springer
- Protocols for in vitro cultures and secondary metabolite analysis of aromatic and medicinal plants 2009, Springer ProtocolsEstablishment of adventitious root cultures of Echinacea purpurea for the production of caffeic acid derivatives / K.Y. Paek, H.N. Murthy and E.J. Hahn -- In vitro propagation of Rauwolfia serpentina using liquid medium, assessment of genetic fidelity of micropropagated plants, and simultaneous quantitation of reserpine, ajmaline, and ajmalicine / M.K. Goel ... [et al.] -- Medicinal properties, in vitro protocols and secondary metabolite analyses of Scots pine / H. Haggman ... [et al.] -- Saussurea medusa cell suspension cultures for flavonoid production / C.Z. Liu and P.K. Saxena -- Large-scale in vitro multiplication of Crataeva nurvala / S.B. Babbar, N. Walia and A. Kaur -- Bilberry in vitro protocols and analyses of phenolic compounds / L. Jaakola ... [et al.] -- In vitro propagation of two tuberous medicinal plants: Holostemma ada-kodien and Ipomoea mauritiana / S.P. Geetha ... [et al.] -- In vitro production of gymnemic acid from Gymnema sylvestre (Retz) R. Br. Ex Roemer and Schultes through callus culture under abiotic stress conditions / A.B. Ali Ahmed, A.S. Rao and M.V. Rao -- Establishment of plant regeneration and cryopreservation system from zygotic embryo-derived embryogenic cell suspension cultures of Ranunculus kazusensis / S.W. Kim and M.J. Oh -- In vitro culture and secondary metabolite isolation in bryophytes / A. Sabovljevic, M. Sabovljevic and N. Jockovic -- Micropropagation and in vitro conservation of vanilla (Vanilla planifolia Andrews) / M. Divakaran and K.N. Babu -- Protocol for in vitro regeneration and marker glycoside assessment in Swertia chirata Buch-Ham / S. Koul ... [et al.] -- Protocols for establishment of an in vitro collection of medicinal plants in the genus Scutellaria / I.B. Cole, F.T. Farooq and S.J. Murch -- Protocols for in vitro culture and phytochemical analysis of Phyllanthus species (Euphorbiaceae) / E. Catapan ... [et al.] -- In vitro clonal propagation of Asparagus racemosus, a high value medicinal plant / S. Saxena and N. Bopana -- Micropropagation of Penthorum chinense through axillary buds / J. Yang and Z.S. Peng -- Spontaneous plant regeneration and production of secondary metabolites from hairy root cultures of Centaurium erythraea Rafn / A. Subotic ... [et al.] -- Transgenic Hypericum perforatum / G. Franklin, M.M. Oliveira and A.C. Dias -- Agrobacterium-mediated transformation of Ruta graveolens L / K. Lievre ... [et al.] -- Gene expression profiling in Taxus baccata L. seedlings and cell cultures / K. Brun akova and J. Kosuth -- Catapol production in Chinese foxglove (Rehmannia glutinosa Libos.) hairy roots transformed with Agrobacterium rhizogenes ATCC15834 / S.J. Hwang -- Identification of medicinal plants and plant sequences: multiplexed MLPA assay / R.A. Barthelson -- Isolation of microsatellites from Catharanthus roseus (L.) G. Don using enriched libraries / S. Bhatia and B. Shokeen -- Production of cinnamyl glycosides in compact callus aggregate cultures of Rhodiola rosea through biotransformation of cinnamyl alcohol / Z. Gyorgy and A. Hohtola -- Spearmint plantlet culture system as a means to study secondary metabolism / B. Tisserat, M. Berhow and S.F. Vaughn -- Bioreactor production of secondary metabolites from cell cultures of periwinkle and sandalwood / J.V. Valluri -- Camptothecin production by in vitro cultures and plant regeneration in Ophiorrhiza species / T. Asano ... [et al.] -- Metabolomic analysis of Ocotea odorifera cell cultures: a model protocol for acquiring metabolite data / M. Maraschin ... [et al.] -- Production of 9-methoxycanthin-6-one from callus cultures of (Eurycoma longifolia Jack) Tongkat Ali / M. Maziah and N. Rosli -- Plant secondary metabolism in altered gravity / L.K. Tuominen, L.H. Levine and M.E. Musgrave -- The role of biotechnology in the production of the anticancer compound podophyllotoxin / H. Lata, C.S. Mizuno and R.M. Moraes.
- Recombinant proteins from plants 2009, Springer ProtocolsFrom Neanderthal to nanobiotech : from plant potions to pharming with plant factories / Christophe Sourrouille ... [et al.] -- Cowpea mosaic virus-based systems for the expression of antigens and antibodies in plants / Frank Sainsbury, Li Liu, and George P. Lomonossoff -- Transient expression of antibodies in plants using syringe agroinfiltration / Marc-André D'Aoust ... [et al.] -- Rapid system for evaluating bioproduction capacity of complex pharmaceutical proteins in plants / Giuliana Medrano ... [et al.] -- Production and localization of recombinant pharmaceuticals in transgenic seeds / Thomas Rademacher, Elsa Arcalis, and Eva Stoger -- Production of antibody fragments in Arabidopsis seeds / Bart Van Droogenbroeck, Kirsten De Wilde, and Ann Depicker -- Production of plantibodies in Nicotiana plants / Marta Ayala ... [et al.] -- Physcomitrella patens : a non-vascular plant for recombinant protein production / David Liénard and Fabien Nogué -- Production of recombinant proteins in suspension-cultured plant cells / Carole Plasson ... [et al.] -- Chloroplast-derived vaccine antigens and biopharmaceuticals : protocols for expression, purification, or oral delivery and functional evaluation / N. Dolendro Singh, Yi Ding, and Henry Daniell -- Protein body induction : a new tool to produce and recover recombinant proteins in plants / Margarita Torrent, Imma Llop-Tous, and M. Dolors Ludevid -- A case study for plant-made pharmaceuticals comparing different plant expression and production systems / Guy Vancanneyt ... [et al.] -- Glycosylation of antibody therapeutics : optimisation for purpose / Roy Jefferis -- N-glycosylation of plant recombinant pharmaceuticals / Muriel Bardor ... [et al.] -- Companion protease inhibitors to protect recombinant proteins in transgenic plant extracts / Meriem Benchabane ... [et al.] -- Strategies for improving vaccine antigens expression in transgenic plants : fusion to carrier sequences / Jose M. Escribano and Daniel M. Perez-Filgueira -- Immunomodulation of plant function by in vitro selected single-chain Fv intrabodies / Manfred Gahrtz and Udo Conrad -- On-chip detection of low-molecular-weight recombinant proteins in plant crude extracts by SELDI-TOF MS / Amine M. Badri ... [et al.] -- Assessing the risk of undesirable immunogenicity/allergenicity of plant-derived therapeutic proteins / Paul D. Chamberlain -- Biosafety, risk assessment, and regulation of plant-made pharmaceuticals / Penelope A.C. Sparrow and Richard M. Twyman.
- Regulation of gene expression in plants 2007, Springer
- Regulation of phytochemicals by molecular techniques. 1st ed. 2001, ScienceDirect
- Root genomics 2011, SpringerWith the predicted increase of the human population and the subsequent need for larger food supplies, root health in crop plants could play a major role in providing sustainable highly productive crops that can cope with global climate changes. While the essentiality of roots and their relation to plant performance is broadly recognized, less is known about their role in plant growth and development. "Root Genomics" examines how various new genomic technologies are rapidly being applied to the study of roots, including high-throughput sequencing and genotyping, Tilling, transcription.
- Salicylic acid 2007, Springer
- Science of flavonoids 2006, Springer
- Secondary metabolism in model systems 2004, ScienceDirect
- Shengmai san 2002, CRCnetBASE1. Shengmai San - a renowned traditional Chinese medicinal formula / Song-Ming Liang, Shu-Ying Chen, Si-Qian Liang -- 2. Pharmacological studies on Shengmai San / Kam-Ming Ko, Duncan H.F. Mak, Tze-Kin Yim and Yong-Quing Yan -- 3. Clinical studies on Shengmai San / Ye-Zhi Rong, Mei-Hua Zhao, Bao-Jing Lu, Xiang-Yang Zhu, Shang-Biao Lu, Ya-Chen Zhang, Jie Chen -- 4. Side effects of Shengmai San / Zhi-Min Xu and Ye-Zhi Rong -- 5. Phytochemistry and pharmacology of component herbs of Shengmai San / Siu-Po Ip, Timothy C.M. Tam and Chung-Tao Che -- 6. Contemporary applications of a traditional formula: manufacture of Shengmai San (SMS) preparations and their applications / Liang-Yuan Zheng -- Glossary.
- Solanaceae and convolvulaceae - secondary metabolites 2008, Springer
- Somatic embryogenesis 2006, Springer
- Structure and function of plastids 2006, Springer
- Sustaining young forest communities 2011, SpringerThis edited volume addresses a rising concern among natural resource scientists and management professionals about decline of the many plant and animal species associated with early-successional habitats, especially within the Central Hardwood Region of the USA. These open habitats, with herbaceous, shrub, or young forest cover, are disappearing as abandoned farmland, pastures, and cleared forest patches return to forest. There are many questions about 'why, what, where, and how' to manage for early successional habitats. In this book, expert scientists and experienced land managers synthesize
- Taiwanese native medicinal plants 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Temperate fruit crop breeding 2008, Springer
- Thin layer chromatography in phytochemistry 2008, CRCnetBASE
- Thirty years of photosynthesis 2006, Springer
- Tobacco BY-2 cells 2006, Springer
- Traditional herbal medicines for modern times v. 1-, 2002-, CRCnetBase
- Traditional medicines for modern times 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Transgenic plants 2004, Springer Protocols
- Transgenic wheat, barley and oats 2009, Springer ProtocolsTransgenic wheat, barley and oats : production and characterization / Paul A. Lazzeri and Huw D. Jones -- Selection of transformed plants / Huw D. Jones and Caroline A. Sparks -- Reporter genes / Alison Huttly -- Biolistics transformation of wheat / Caroline A. Sparks and Huw D. Jones -- Agrobacterium-mediated transformation of bread and durum wheat using freshly isolated immature embryos / Huixia Wu, Angela Doherty and Huw D. Jones -- Floral transformation of wheat / Sujata Agarwal ... [et al.] -- Highly efficient agrobacterium-mediated transformation of wheat via in planta inoculation / Thierry Risacher ... [et al.] -- Barley transformation using biolistic techniques / Wendy A. Harwood and Mark A. Smedley -- Barley transformation using agrobacterium-mediated techniques / Wendy A. Harwood ... [et al.] -- Transformation of oats and its application to improving osmotic stress tolerance / Shahina B. Maqbool ... [et al.] -- Promoter sequences for defining transgene expression / Huw D. Jones and Caroline A. Sparks -- Down-regulation of gene expression by RNA-induced gene silencing / Silvia Travella and Beat Keller -- Gene insertion patterns and sites / Philippe Vain and Vera Thole -- Fluorescent in situ hybridization to detect transgene integration into plant genomes / Trude Schwarzacher -- Establishing substantial equivalence : transcriptomics / María Marcela Baudo ... [et al.] -- Establishing substantial equivalence : proteomics / Alison Lovegrove, Louise Salt, and Peter R. Shewry -- Establishing substantial equivalence : metabolomics / Michael H. Beale, Jane L. Ward, and John M. Baker -- Design and management of field trials of transgenic cereals / Zoltán Bedő, Mariann Rakszegi, and László Láng -- GM risk assessment / Penny A.C. Sparrow -- Transgenic wheat, barley and oats : future prospects / Jim M. Dunwell.
- Turmeric 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Yeasts. 5th ed. 2010, ScienceDirectFully revised, updated and offered in a new two-volume format, The Yeasts: A Taxonomic Study, 5th Edition remains the most comprehensive presentation of yeast taxonomy and systematics available. Nearly 1500 species of ascomycete and basidiomycete yeasts are included, each description offering not only standard morphological and physiological characters, but also information on systematics, habitat, ecology, agricultural and biotechnological applications and clinical importance. Extensive introductory chapters discuss clinical aspects of yeasts, their role in biotechnology, food and beverage spoilage, agriculture and ecology, while other chapters include methodology for isolation of species from various habitats, phenotypic characterization, chemotaxonomy, gene sequence analysis and phylogenetics, including whole genome analysis. Additionally, easy-to-understand trees illustrate the phylogenetic placement of each species in its assigned genus as they have been determined from gene sequence analysis. This essential work, prepared by the leading experts in the field, is the most definitive treatment of taxonomy and systematics of yeasts on the market, and a necessary reference for any bookshelf or workbench. High quality photomicrographs and line drawings enhance world-class content Detailed trees clearly illustrate phylogenetic placement of each species in its assigned genus Discussion of clinical aspects of yeasts, including their role in biotechnology, agriculture and ecology help contextualize content for a wide range of researchers.
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases