Lane will be intermittently offline
6:00am - 8:00am Saturday morning 1/31/15
6:00am - 8:00am Saturday morning 1/31/15
Books by Subject
- Plant-pathogen interactions methods and protocols 2006, Springer ProtocolsThe use of protoplasts to study innate immune responses / Ping He, Libo Shan, and Jen Sheen -- Marker-exchange mutagenesis and complementation strategies for the gram-negative bacteria Xanthomonas oryzae pv. oryzae / Sang-Won Lee and Pamela C. Ronald -- Whole-genome analysis to identify type III-secreted effectors / Boris A. Vinatzer and Jean T. Greenberg -- In planta expression of oomycete and fungal genes / Thirumala-Devi Kanneganti, Edgar Huitema, and Sophien Kamoun -- Use of nipponbare bac clones for physical mapping of an R gene locus in rice / Jong-Seong Jeon and Pamela C. Ronald -- Agrobacterium-mediated transformation to create an insertion library in magnaporthe grisea / Sara L.Tucker and Marc J. Orbach -- Identification of components in disease-resistance signaling in arabidopsis by map-based cloning / Yuelin Zhang, Jane Glazebrook, and Xin Li -- Yeast two-hybrid approaches to dissecting the plant defense response / Mawsheng Chern, Todd Richter, and Pamela C. Ronald -- Use of rolling-circle amplification for large-scale yeast two-hybrid analyses / Xiaodong Ding, Yan Zhang, and Wen-Yuan Song -- Preparative denaturing isoelectric focusing for enhancing sensitivity of proteomic studies / Antonio Serna-Sanz, Greg Rairdan, and Scott C. Peck --Use of massively parallel signature sequencing to study genes expressed during the plant defense response / Blake C. Meyers, Christian D. Haudenschild, and Kalyan Vemaraju -- Use of microarray analysis to dissect the plant defense response / Jane Glazebrook -- Use of robust long-serial analysis of gene expression to identify novel fungal and plant genes involved in host-pathogen interactions / Malali Gowda ... [et al.] -- Analysis of gene function in rice through virus-induced gene silencing / Xin Shun Ding, C. Srinivasa Rao, and Richard S. Nelson -- Use of RNA interference to dissect defense-signaling pathways in rice / Chuansheng Mei, Xiangjun Zhou, and Yinong Yang -- Virus-induced gene silencing in plant roots / Isgouhi Kaloshian -- Methods for engineering resistance to plant viruses / Mysore R. Sudarshana, Gourgopal Roy, and Bryce W. Falk -- Development of genetically engineered resistant papaya for papaya ringspot virus in a timely manner: a comprehensive and successful approach / Savarni Tripathi, Jon Suzuki, and Dennis. Gonsalves.
- Plant-produced microbial vaccines 2009, SpringerPlant vaccines: an immunological perspective / D.C. Hooper -- Display of peptides on the surface of tobacco mosaic virus particles / M.L. Smith ... [et al.] -- Chloroplast-derived vaccine antigens and biopharmaceuticals: expression, folding, assembly and functionality / S. Chebolu and H. Daniell -- Production of antibodies in plants: approaches and perspectives / K. Ko, R. Brodzik and Z. Steplewski -- Plant production of veterinary vaccines and therapeutics / R.W. Hammond and L.G. Nemchinov -- Plant-based oral vaccines: results of human trials / C.O. Tacket.
- Pollen terminology an illustrated handbook 2009, Springer
- Pomegranates ancient roots to modern medicine 2006, CRCnetBASEPomegranate phytochemicals / Navindra P. Seeram ... [et al.] -- Antioxidative properties of pomegranate : in vitro studies / Mira Rosenblat and Michael Aviram -- Bioavailability of pomegranate polyphenols / Francisco A. Tomas-Barberan, Navindra P. Seeram, and Juan Carlos Espin -- Protection against cardiovascular disease / Bianca Fuhrman and Michael Aviram -- Protection against stroke / Marva I. Sweeney-Nixon -- Anticancer potential of pomegranate / Shishir Shishodia ... [et al.] -- Molecular mechanisms of chemoprevention of cancer by pomegranate / Deeba Syed ... [et al.] -- Pomegranate and prostate cancer chemoprevention / John T. Leppert and Allan J. Pantuck -- Accessment of estrogenicity of pomegranate in an in vitro bioassay / Diane M. Harris, Emily Besselink, and Navindra P. Seeram -- Absence of significant estrogenic effects in the postmenopausal population / Michelle P. Warren ... [et al.] -- Antimicrobial activities of pomegranate / G.K. Jayaprakasha, P.S. Negi, B.S. Jena -- Commercialization of pomegranates : fresh fruit, beverages, and botanical extracts / Navindra P. Seeram, Yanjun Zhang, and David Heber -- Pomegranates: a botanical perspective / David W. Still -- Postharvest biology and technology of pomegranates / Adel A. Kader.
- Principles and practice of phytotherapy modern herbal medicine. 2nd ed. 2013, ScienceDirectMachine generated contents note: pt. ONE Background and strategies -- 1.Herbal therapeutic systems -- 2.Principles of herbal pharmacology -- 3.Principles of herbal treatment -- 4.Validating herbal therapeutics -- 5.Optimising safety -- pt. TWO Practical clinical guides -- 6.Dosage and dosage forms in herbal medicine -- 7.A systematic approach to herbal prescribing -- 8.Herbal approaches to pathological states -- Topical applications -- Fever -- Infectious diseases -- Inflammatory and autoimmune diseases -- Fatigue and debility -- Malignant diseases -- 9.Herbal approaches to system dysfunctions -- Digestive system and bowel -- Biliary system -- The liver -- Cardiovascular system -- Respiratory system -- Urinary system -- Nervous system -- Female reproductive system -- Joint diseases -- Skin diseases -- Male reproductive system -- Endocrine disorders -- pt. THREE Materia Medica -- 10.How to use the monographs -- Andrographis -- Arnica flowers -- Astragalus -- Bearberry --Contents note continued: Berberis bark and Hydrastis root -- Bilberry fruit -- Black cohosh -- Boswellia -- Buchu -- Bugleweed and European bugleweed -- Bupleurum -- Butcher's broom -- Chamomile, German -- Chaste tree -- Chelidonium -- Devil's claw -- Dong quai -- Echinacea root -- Evening primrose oil -- Eyebright -- Fennel fruit -- Feverfew -- Ginger -- Ginkgo -- Ginseng -- Globe artichoke -- Gotu kola -- Hawthorn -- Horsechestnut seed -- Kava -- Licorice -- Meadowsweet -- Melilotus -- Myrrh -- Nettle -- Pau d'arco -- Peppermint -- Poke root -- Rehmannia -- Saw palmetto -- Siberian ginseng -- St John's wort -- St Mary's thistle -- Thyme -- Tribulus leaf -- Turmeric -- Valerian -- Willow bark -- Witchhazel -- Withania.
- Protocol for somatic embryogenesis in woody plants 2005, Springer
- Protocols for in vitro cultures and secondary metabolite analysis of aromatic and medicinal plants 2009, Springer ProtocolsEstablishment of adventitious root cultures of Echinacea purpurea for the production of caffeic acid derivatives / K.Y. Paek, H.N. Murthy and E.J. Hahn -- In vitro propagation of Rauwolfia serpentina using liquid medium, assessment of genetic fidelity of micropropagated plants, and simultaneous quantitation of reserpine, ajmaline, and ajmalicine / M.K. Goel ... [et al.] -- Medicinal properties, in vitro protocols and secondary metabolite analyses of Scots pine / H. Haggman ... [et al.] -- Saussurea medusa cell suspension cultures for flavonoid production / C.Z. Liu and P.K. Saxena -- Large-scale in vitro multiplication of Crataeva nurvala / S.B. Babbar, N. Walia and A. Kaur -- Bilberry in vitro protocols and analyses of phenolic compounds / L. Jaakola ... [et al.] -- In vitro propagation of two tuberous medicinal plants: Holostemma ada-kodien and Ipomoea mauritiana / S.P. Geetha ... [et al.] -- In vitro production of gymnemic acid from Gymnema sylvestre (Retz) R. Br. Ex Roemer and Schultes through callus culture under abiotic stress conditions / A.B. Ali Ahmed, A.S. Rao and M.V. Rao -- Establishment of plant regeneration and cryopreservation system from zygotic embryo-derived embryogenic cell suspension cultures of Ranunculus kazusensis / S.W. Kim and M.J. Oh -- In vitro culture and secondary metabolite isolation in bryophytes / A. Sabovljevic, M. Sabovljevic and N. Jockovic -- Micropropagation and in vitro conservation of vanilla (Vanilla planifolia Andrews) / M. Divakaran and K.N. Babu -- Protocol for in vitro regeneration and marker glycoside assessment in Swertia chirata Buch-Ham / S. Koul ... [et al.] -- Protocols for establishment of an in vitro collection of medicinal plants in the genus Scutellaria / I.B. Cole, F.T. Farooq and S.J. Murch -- Protocols for in vitro culture and phytochemical analysis of Phyllanthus species (Euphorbiaceae) / E. Catapan ... [et al.] -- In vitro clonal propagation of Asparagus racemosus, a high value medicinal plant / S. Saxena and N. Bopana -- Micropropagation of Penthorum chinense through axillary buds / J. Yang and Z.S. Peng -- Spontaneous plant regeneration and production of secondary metabolites from hairy root cultures of Centaurium erythraea Rafn / A. Subotic ... [et al.] -- Transgenic Hypericum perforatum / G. Franklin, M.M. Oliveira and A.C. Dias -- Agrobacterium-mediated transformation of Ruta graveolens L / K. Lievre ... [et al.] -- Gene expression profiling in Taxus baccata L. seedlings and cell cultures / K. Brun akova and J. Kosuth -- Catapol production in Chinese foxglove (Rehmannia glutinosa Libos.) hairy roots transformed with Agrobacterium rhizogenes ATCC15834 / S.J. Hwang -- Identification of medicinal plants and plant sequences: multiplexed MLPA assay / R.A. Barthelson -- Isolation of microsatellites from Catharanthus roseus (L.) G. Don using enriched libraries / S. Bhatia and B. Shokeen -- Production of cinnamyl glycosides in compact callus aggregate cultures of Rhodiola rosea through biotransformation of cinnamyl alcohol / Z. Gyorgy and A. Hohtola -- Spearmint plantlet culture system as a means to study secondary metabolism / B. Tisserat, M. Berhow and S.F. Vaughn -- Bioreactor production of secondary metabolites from cell cultures of periwinkle and sandalwood / J.V. Valluri -- Camptothecin production by in vitro cultures and plant regeneration in Ophiorrhiza species / T. Asano ... [et al.] -- Metabolomic analysis of Ocotea odorifera cell cultures: a model protocol for acquiring metabolite data / M. Maraschin ... [et al.] -- Production of 9-methoxycanthin-6-one from callus cultures of (Eurycoma longifolia Jack) Tongkat Ali / M. Maziah and N. Rosli -- Plant secondary metabolism in altered gravity / L.K. Tuominen, L.H. Levine and M.E. Musgrave -- The role of biotechnology in the production of the anticancer compound podophyllotoxin / H. Lata, C.S. Mizuno and R.M. Moraes.
- Recombinant proteins from plants methods and protocols 2009, Springer ProtocolsFrom Neanderthal to nanobiotech : from plant potions to pharming with plant factories / Christophe Sourrouille ... [et al.] -- Cowpea mosaic virus-based systems for the expression of antigens and antibodies in plants / Frank Sainsbury, Li Liu, and George P. Lomonossoff -- Transient expression of antibodies in plants using syringe agroinfiltration / Marc-André D'Aoust ... [et al.] -- Rapid system for evaluating bioproduction capacity of complex pharmaceutical proteins in plants / Giuliana Medrano ... [et al.] -- Production and localization of recombinant pharmaceuticals in transgenic seeds / Thomas Rademacher, Elsa Arcalis, and Eva Stoger -- Production of antibody fragments in Arabidopsis seeds / Bart Van Droogenbroeck, Kirsten De Wilde, and Ann Depicker -- Production of plantibodies in Nicotiana plants / Marta Ayala ... [et al.] -- Physcomitrella patens : a non-vascular plant for recombinant protein production / David Liénard and Fabien Nogué -- Production of recombinant proteins in suspension-cultured plant cells / Carole Plasson ... [et al.] -- Chloroplast-derived vaccine antigens and biopharmaceuticals : protocols for expression, purification, or oral delivery and functional evaluation / N. Dolendro Singh, Yi Ding, and Henry Daniell -- Protein body induction : a new tool to produce and recover recombinant proteins in plants / Margarita Torrent, Imma Llop-Tous, and M. Dolors Ludevid -- A case study for plant-made pharmaceuticals comparing different plant expression and production systems / Guy Vancanneyt ... [et al.] -- Glycosylation of antibody therapeutics : optimisation for purpose / Roy Jefferis -- N-glycosylation of plant recombinant pharmaceuticals / Muriel Bardor ... [et al.] -- Companion protease inhibitors to protect recombinant proteins in transgenic plant extracts / Meriem Benchabane ... [et al.] -- Strategies for improving vaccine antigens expression in transgenic plants : fusion to carrier sequences / Jose M. Escribano and Daniel M. Perez-Filgueira -- Immunomodulation of plant function by in vitro selected single-chain Fv intrabodies / Manfred Gahrtz and Udo Conrad -- On-chip detection of low-molecular-weight recombinant proteins in plant crude extracts by SELDI-TOF MS / Amine M. Badri ... [et al.] -- Assessing the risk of undesirable immunogenicity/allergenicity of plant-derived therapeutic proteins / Paul D. Chamberlain -- Biosafety, risk assessment, and regulation of plant-made pharmaceuticals / Penelope A.C. Sparrow and Richard M. Twyman.
- Regulation of gene expression in plants the role of transcript structure and processing 2007, Springer
- Regulation of phytochemicals by molecular techniques. 1st ed. 2001, ScienceDirect
- Root genomics 2011, SpringerWith the predicted increase of the human population and the subsequent need for larger food supplies, root health in crop plants could play a major role in providing sustainable highly productive crops that can cope with global climate changes. While the essentiality of roots and their relation to plant performance is broadly recognized, less is known about their role in plant growth and development. "Root Genomics" examines how various new genomic technologies are rapidly being applied to the study of roots, including high-throughput sequencing and genotyping, Tilling, transcription.
- Salicylic acid a plant hormone 2007, Springer
- Science of flavonoids 2006, Springer
- Shengmai san 2002, CRCnetBASE1. Shengmai San - a renowned traditional Chinese medicinal formula / Song-Ming Liang, Shu-Ying Chen, Si-Qian Liang -- 2. Pharmacological studies on Shengmai San / Kam-Ming Ko, Duncan H.F. Mak, Tze-Kin Yim and Yong-Quing Yan -- 3. Clinical studies on Shengmai San / Ye-Zhi Rong, Mei-Hua Zhao, Bao-Jing Lu, Xiang-Yang Zhu, Shang-Biao Lu, Ya-Chen Zhang, Jie Chen -- 4. Side effects of Shengmai San / Zhi-Min Xu and Ye-Zhi Rong -- 5. Phytochemistry and pharmacology of component herbs of Shengmai San / Siu-Po Ip, Timothy C.M. Tam and Chung-Tao Che -- 6. Contemporary applications of a traditional formula: manufacture of Shengmai San (SMS) preparations and their applications / Liang-Yuan Zheng -- Glossary.
- Solanaceae and convolvulaceae - secondary metabolites biosynthesis, chemotaxonomy, biological and economic significance : a handbook 2008, Springer
- Somatic embryogenesis 2006, Springer
- Structure and function of plastids 2006, Springer
- Sustaining young forest communities ecology and management of early successional habitats in the central hardwood region, USA 2011, SpringerThis edited volume addresses a rising concern among natural resource scientists and management professionals about decline of the many plant and animal species associated with early-successional habitats, especially within the Central Hardwood Region of the USA. These open habitats, with herbaceous, shrub, or young forest cover, are disappearing as abandoned farmland, pastures, and cleared forest patches return to forest. There are many questions about 'why, what, where, and how' to manage for early successional habitats. In this book, expert scientists and experienced land managers synthesize knowledge and original scientific work to address critical questions sparked by the decline of early successional habitats.
- Temperate fruit crop breeding germplasm to genomics 2008, Springer
- Thin layer chromatography in phytochemistry 2008, CRCnetBASE
- Thirty years of photosynthesis 1974-2004 2006, Springer
- Tobacco BY-2 cells from cellular dynamics to omics 2006, Springer
- Traditional herbal medicines for modern times v. 1-, 2002-, CRCnetBase
- Traditional medicines for modern times antidiabetic plants 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Transgenic wheat, barley and oats production and characterization protocols 2009, Springer ProtocolsTransgenic wheat, barley and oats : production and characterization / Paul A. Lazzeri and Huw D. Jones -- Selection of transformed plants / Huw D. Jones and Caroline A. Sparks -- Reporter genes / Alison Huttly -- Biolistics transformation of wheat / Caroline A. Sparks and Huw D. Jones -- Agrobacterium-mediated transformation of bread and durum wheat using freshly isolated immature embryos / Huixia Wu, Angela Doherty and Huw D. Jones -- Floral transformation of wheat / Sujata Agarwal ... [et al.] -- Highly efficient agrobacterium-mediated transformation of wheat via in planta inoculation / Thierry Risacher ... [et al.] -- Barley transformation using biolistic techniques / Wendy A. Harwood and Mark A. Smedley -- Barley transformation using agrobacterium-mediated techniques / Wendy A. Harwood ... [et al.] -- Transformation of oats and its application to improving osmotic stress tolerance / Shahina B. Maqbool ... [et al.] -- Promoter sequences for defining transgene expression / Huw D. Jones and Caroline A. Sparks -- Down-regulation of gene expression by RNA-induced gene silencing / Silvia Travella and Beat Keller -- Gene insertion patterns and sites / Philippe Vain and Vera Thole -- Fluorescent in situ hybridization to detect transgene integration into plant genomes / Trude Schwarzacher -- Establishing substantial equivalence : transcriptomics / María Marcela Baudo ... [et al.] -- Establishing substantial equivalence : proteomics / Alison Lovegrove, Louise Salt, and Peter R. Shewry -- Establishing substantial equivalence : metabolomics / Michael H. Beale, Jane L. Ward, and John M. Baker -- Design and management of field trials of transgenic cereals / Zoltán Bedő, Mariann Rakszegi, and László Láng -- GM risk assessment / Penny A.C. Sparrow -- Transgenic wheat, barley and oats : future prospects / Jim M. Dunwell.
- Turmeric the genus Curcuma 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Yeasts a taxonomic study. 5th ed. 2010, ScienceDirectFully revised, updated and offered in a new two-volume format, The Yeasts: A Taxonomic Study, 5th Edition remains the most comprehensive presentation of yeast taxonomy and systematics available. Nearly 1500 species of ascomycete and basidiomycete yeasts are included, each description offering not only standard morphological and physiological characters, but also information on systematics, habitat, ecology, agricultural and biotechnological applications and clinical importance. Extensive introductory chapters discuss clinical aspects of yeasts, their role in biotechnology, food and beverage spoilage, agriculture and ecology, while other chapters include methodology for isolation of species from various habitats, phenotypic characterization, chemotaxonomy, gene sequence analysis and phylogenetics, including whole genome analysis. Additionally, easy-to-understand trees illustrate the phylogenetic placement of each species in its assigned genus as they have been determined from gene sequence analysis. This essential work, prepared by the leading experts in the field, is the most definitive treatment of taxonomy and systematics of yeasts on the market, and a necessary reference for any bookshelf or workbench. High quality photomicrographs and line drawings enhance world-class content Detailed trees clearly illustrate phylogenetic placement of each species in its assigned genus Discussion of clinical aspects of yeasts, including their role in biotechnology, agriculture and ecology help contextualize content for a wide range of researchers.
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Access restricted to Stanford unless otherwise noted.
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Springer Protocols
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Large number of high quality software and database programming titles from O'Reilly. Other software titles are also available from Sams and Prentice Hall. Limited to 7 concurrent users.Vast collection of software and database programming titles from multiple publishers, including Microsoft Press.Largest provider of engineering-related eBooks; includes titles in computer science and biomedical engineering.Over 4,000 full-text e-books covering scientific and technical information from CRC Press and others. Many handbooks and single volume reference sources.A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more. Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.Includes peer-reviewed life science and biomedical research protocols compiled from Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods in Molecular Medicine, Methods in Biotechnology, Methods in Pharmacology and Toxicology, Neuromethods, the Biomethods Handbook, the Proteomics Handbook, and Springer Laboratory Manuals.Contains full text access to selected biomedical and nursing books.Provides one-click access to important clinical resources; includes evidence-based diagnosis and treatment guidelines, Books, EBM articles, Ovid MEDLINE, Drug facts and comparisons, Drug interaction facts, guidelines from National Guideline Clearinghouse, patient handouts (English and Spanish), and local content.ClinicalKey provides access to textbooks, electronic journals, practice guidelines, drug information, and patient education handouts.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.Provides online, full-text access to Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers. Subjects include: life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics and astronomy, engineering and economics. Also includes eBooks.Collection of over 8 thousand fulltext titles in engineering, math, and basic and applied biomedical research. Coverage is from 1967 to the present.A library of ebooks on a wide array of topics, digitized and made available online in conjunction with the original publishers.