Books by Subject
- 2011 Springer ProtocolsPopper, Zoë A.Plant tissue cultures / Anna Karkonen [and others] -- Computerized molecular modeling of carbohydrates / Alfred D. French and Glenn P. Johnson -- Oligosaccharide mass profiling (OLIMP) of cell wall polysaccharides by MALDI-TOF/MS / Markus Gunl, Florian Kraemaer, and Markus Pauly -- High-voltage paper electrophoresis (HVPE) of cell-wall building blocks and their metabolic precursors / Stephen C. Fry -- Carbohydrate gel electrophoresis / Florence Goubet, Paul Dupree, and Katja Salomon Johansen -- Monoclonal antibodies, carbohydrate-binding modules, and the detection of polysaccharides in plant cell walls / Cecile Herve, Susan E. Marcus, and J. Paul Knox -- Screening and characterization of plant cell walls using carbohydrate microarrays / Iben Sorensen and William G.T. Willats -- Electron tomography and immunogold labelling as tools to analyse de novo assembly of plant cell walls / Marisa S. Otegui -- Analysing cellulose biosynthesis with confocal microscopy / Meera Nair and Seth DeBolt -- Visual mapping of cell wall biosynthesis / Yumiko Sakuragi, Morten H.H. Norholm, and Henrick V. Scheller -- Atomic force microscopy of plant cell walls / Andrew R. Kirby -- Using solid-state 13C NMR spectroscopy to study the molecular organization of primary plant cell walls / Tracey J. Bootten [and others] -- Formation of cellulose-based composites with hemicelluloses and pectins using gluconacetobacter fermentation / Deirdre Mikkelsen and Michael J. Gidley -- Structural proteins of the primary cell wall : extraction, purification, and analysis / Derek T.A. Lamport, Li Tan, and Marcia J. Kieliszewski -- New insights into the control of cell growth / Claudia Blaukopf, Matthaus Z. Krol, and Georg J. Seifert -- Extraction and detection of Arabinogalactan proteins / Zoe A. Popper -- Characterization of plant cell wall proteome using high-throughput screens / Sang-Jik Lee and Jocelyn K.C. Rose -- Knocking out the wall : protocols for gene targeting in Physcomitrella patens / Alison W. Roberts [and others] -- Measuring in vitro extensibility of growing plant cell walls / Daniel J. Cosgrove.
- 2014 Springer ProtocolsHicks, Glenn R.; Robert, Stéphanie.Fully-automated Compound Screening in Arabidopsis thaliana Seedlings -- Time-profiling Fluorescent Reporters in the Arabidopsis Root -- Screening for Bioactive Small Molecules by in vivo Monitoring of Luciferase-based Reporter Gene Expression in Arabidopsis thaliana -- Application of Yeast-two Hybrid Assay to Chemical Genomic Screens: A High-throughput System to Identify Novel Molecules Modulating Plant Hormone Receptor Complexes -- High-throughput Screening of Small Molecule Libraries for Inducers of Plant Defense Responses -- Using a Reverse Genetics Approach to Investigate Small Molecule Activity -- Investigating the Phytohormone Ethylene Response Pathway by Chemical Genetics -- Screening for Inhibitors of Chloroplast Galactolipid Synthesis Acting in membrano and in Planta -- Forward Chemical Screening of Small RNA Pathways -- Identification and Use of Fluorescent Dyes for Plant Cell Wall Imaging Using High-Throughput Screening -- High-throughput Identification of Chemical Endomembrane Cycling Disruptors Utilizing Tobacco Pollen -- Plant Chemical Genomics: Gravity Sensing and Response -- Screening Chemical Libraries for Compounds that Affect Protein Sorting to the Yeast Vacuole -- The use of Multi-drug Approach to Uncover New Players of the Endomembrane System Trafficking Machinery -- Cheminformatic Analysis of High-Throughput Compound Screens -- Endomembrane Dissection Using Chemically-Induced Bioactive Clusters -- Statistical Molecular Design: A Tool to Follow Up Hits From Small Molecule Screening -- Early Stage Hit Triage for Plant Chemical Genetic Screens and Target Site Identification -- Screening for Gene Function using the FOX (Full-length cDNA OvereXpressor gene) Hunting System -- Quantification of Stable Isotope Label in Metabolites via Mass Spectrometry -- 1H NMR Based Metabolomics Methods for Chemical Genomics Experiments -- Determination of Auxin Transport Parameters on the Cellular Level -- Analyzing the in vivo Status of Exogenously Applied Auxins: A HPLC-based Method to Characterize the Intracellularly Localized Auxin Transporters.
- 2011 Springer ProtocolsBirchler, James A.Recent advances in plant transformation -- Engineering the plastid genome of nicotiana sylvestris, a diploid model species for plastid genetics -- Homologous recombination in plants : An antireview -- Chromosome painting for plant biotechnology -- Plant B chromosomes -- Telomere truncation in plants -- Engineered plant minichromosomes -- Method for bxb1-mediated site-specific integration in planta -- Targeted mutagenesis in arabidopsis using zinc-finger nucleases -- Vectors and methods for hairpin RNA and artificial microRNA-mediated gene silencing in plants -- Recombinant protein expression in nicotiana -- Chromosome analysis and sorting using flow cytometry -- Super-stretched pachytene chromosomes for plant molecular cytogenetic mapping -- Cytological dissection of the triticeae chromosomes by the gametocidal system -- Development and use of oat-maize chromosome additions and radiation hybrids -- Enhancer trapping in plants -- Chromatin beacons : Global sampling of chromatin physical properties using chromatin charting lines -- Transposable elements as catalysts for chromosome rearrangements.
- 2010 Springer ProtocolsHennig, Lars; Köhler, Claudia.Growth protocols for model plants in developmental biology / Lars Hennig -- Grafting as a research tool / Colin G.N. Turnbull -- Virus-induced gene silencing as a reverse genetics tool to study gene function / Steven Bernacki ... [et al.] -- The CRE/lox system as a tool for developmental studies at the cell and tissue level / Guy Wachsman and Renze Heidstra -- Inducible gene expression systems for plants / Lorenzo Borghi -- Trichome development in Arabidopsis / Joachim F. Uhrig and Martin Hülskamp -- Phenotyping the development of leaf area in Arabidopsis thaliana / Sarah J. Cookson ... [et al.] -- Analyzing shoot apical meristem development / Cristel C. Carles ... [et al.] -- Analyzing floral meristem development / Elisa Fiume ... [et al.] -- Female gametophytic mutants : diagnosis and characterization / Ronny Völz and Rita Gross-Hardt -- Pollen tube development / Mark A. Johnson and Benedikt Kost -- Analysis of root meristem size development / Serena Perilli and Sabrina Sabatini -- Phenotypic characterization of photomorphogenic responses during plant development / Thomas Kretsch -- Kinematic analysis of cell division and expansion / Bart Rymen ... [et al.] -- Flowering time control / Yvonne Möller-Steinbach, Cristina Alexandre, and Lars Hennig -- mRNA detection by whole mount in situ hybridization (WISH) or sectioned tissue in situ hybridization (SISH) in Arabidopsis / Yvonne Stahl and Rüdiger Simon -- Immunolocalization of proteins in plants / Michael Sauer and Jiří Friml -- Detection of small non-coding RNAs / Tamas Dalmay -- Quantitative real time PCR in plant developmental biology / Vivien Exner -- Luciferase and green fluorescent protein reporter genes as tools to determine protein abundance and intracellular dynamics / András Viczián and Stefan Kircher -- Fluorescence-activated cell sorting in plant developmental biology / Anjali S. Iyer-Pascuzzi and Philip N. Benfey -- Laser microdissection of paraffin-embedded plant tissues for transcript profiling / Robert C. Day -- Utilizing bimolecular fluorescence complementation (BiFC) to assay protein-protein interaction in plants / Nir Ohad and Shaul Yalovsky -- The split luciferase complementation assay / Naohiro Kato and Jason Jones -- Co-immunoprecipitation and protein blots / Erika Isono and Claus Schwechheimer -- Probing protein-protein interactions with FRET-FLIM / Christoph Bücherl ... [et al.] -- Plant chromatin immunoprecipitation / Corina B.R. Villar and Claudia Köhler -- Immunocytological analysis of chromatin in isolated nuclei / Penka Pavlova ... [et al.] -- Bisulphite sequencing of plant genomic DNA / Ernst Aichinger and Claudia Köhler.
- 2011 Springer ProtocolsThorpe, Trevor A.; Yeung, Edward C.Zygotic embryo culture : an overview / Tegan M. Haslam and Edward C. Yeung -- In vitro fertilization with rice gametes: production of zygotes and zygote and embryo culture / Takashi Okamoto -- Canola zygotic embryo culture / Nicole S. Ramesar-Fortner and Edward C. Yeung -- Immature seeds and embryos of Medicago truncatula cultured in vitro / Sergio J. Ochatt -- In vitro culture and germination of terrestrial asian orchid seeds / Yung-I. Lee -- In vitro culture of coconut (Cocos nucifera L.) zygotic embryos / Florent Engelmann, Bernard Malaurie, and Oulo N'Nan -- Immature embryo rescue and culture / Xiuli Shen, Fred G. Gmitter, Jr., and Jude W. Grosser -- Chickpea hybridization using in vitro techniques / Nalini Mallikarjuna and Fred J. Muehlbauer -- Muskmelon embryo rescue techniques using in vitro embryo culture / Hector Gordon Nunez-Palenius, Rafael Ramirez-Malagon, and Neftali Ochoa-Alejo -- Phaseolus immature embryo rescue technology / Pascal Geerts ... [et al.] -- Wide crossing in lentil through embryo rescue / Richard Fratini and Maria L. Ruiz -- Generation of interspecific hybrids of Trifolium using embryo rescue techniques / Ajoy Kumar Roy, Devendra Ram Malaviya and Pankaj Kaushal -- Cryopreservation of embryos : an overview / Florent Engelmann -- Cryogenic technologies for the long-term storage of Citrus germplasm / Anna De Carlo, Maurizio Lambardi, and Elif Aylin Ozudogru -- Cryopreservation of zygotic embryonic axes and somatic embryos of european chestnut / Ana M. Vieitez, M. Carmen San-Jose and Elena Corredoira -- Cryopreservation of Ilex immature zygotic embryos / Luis Mroginski ... [et al.] -- Use of zygotic embryos as explants for in vitro propagation : an overview / Mohamed Elhiti and Claudio Stasolla -- Somatic embryogenesis and plant regeneration in the culture of Arabidopsis thaliana (L.) heynh. immature zygotic embryos / Malgorzata D. Gaj -- Pine somatic embryogenesis using zygotic embryos as explants / Gerald S. Pullman and Kylie Bucalo -- Micropropagation of Phalaenopsis orchids via protocorms and protocorm-like bodies / Kee Yoeup Paek, Eun Joo Hahn, and So Young Park -- Genetic transformation protocols using zygotic embryos as explants : an overview / Muhammad Tahir, Ejaz A. Waraich, and Claudio Stasolla -- Genetic transformation using maize immature zygotic embryos / Bronwyn Frame ... [et al.] -- Biolistic-mediated transformation protocols for maize and pearl millet using pre-cultured immature zygotic embryos and embryogenic tissue / Martha M. O'Kennedy, Hester C. Stark and Nosisa Dube -- Agrobacterium tumefaciens-mediated genetic transformation of cereals using immature embryos / Ashok K. Shrawat and Allen G. Good.
- 2008 Springer ProtocolsBozhkov, Peter V.; Suárez, María F.Arabidopsis embryogenesis / Soomin Park and John J. Harada -- Maize embryogenesis / Pilar Fontanet and Carlos M. Vicient -- Spruce embryogenesis / Sara von Arnold and David Clapham -- In vitro fertilization with isolated higher plant gametes / Erhard Kranz, Yoichiro Hoshino, and Takashi Okamoto -- In vitro culture of Arabidopsis embryos / Michael Sauer and Jiří Friml -- Culture and time-lapse tracking of barley microspore-derived embryos / Simone de F. Maraschin ... [et al.] -- Isolation of embryo-specific mutants in Arabidopsis : plant transformation / Nai-You Liu, Zhi-Feng Zhang, and Wei-Cai Yang -- Isolation of embryo-specific mutants in Arabidopsis : genetic and phenotypic analysis / Nai-You Liu, Zhi-Feng Zhang, and Wei-Cai Yang -- Laser-capture microdissection to study global transcriptional changes during plant embryogenesis / Stuart A. Casson, Matthew W.B. Spencer, and Keith Lindsey -- Promoter trapping system to study embryogenesis / Robert Blanvillain and Patrick Gallois -- Visualization of auxin gradients in embryogenesis / Michael Sauer and Jiří Friml -- Intercellular trafficking of macromolecules during embryogenesis / Insoon Kim and Patricia C. Zambryski -- Immunolocalization of proteins in somatic embryos : applications for studies on the cytoskeleton / Andrei P. Smertenko and Patrick J. Hussey -- Detection of programmed cell death in plant embryos / Lada H. Filonova, María F. Suárez, and Peter V. Bozhkov.
- 2006 SpringerRobinson, David G.
- 2012 Springer ProtocolsBolton, Melvin D.; Thomma, Bart P. H. J.Fungal ABC transporter deletion and localization analysis / Andriy Kovalchuk, Stefan S. Weber, Jeroen G. Nijland, Roel A.L. Bovenberg, and Arnold J.M. Driessen -- Targeted gene replacement in fungal pathogens via agrobacterium tumefaciens- mediated transformation / Rasmus John Normand Frandsen, Mette Frandsen and Henriette Giese-- Activity-based protein profiling of infected plants / Farnusch Kaschani, Christian Gu, and Renier A.L. van der Hoorn -- The use of agroinfiltration for transient expression of plant resistance and fungal effector proteins in nicotiana benthamiana leaves / Lisong Ma, Ewa Lukasik, Fleur Gawehns, and Frank L.W. Takken -- Proteomic techniques for plant-fungal interactions / Delphine Vincent, Kar-Chun Tan, Liam Cassidy, Peter S. Solomon, and Richard P. Oliver -- Identification of HR-inducing cDNAs from plant pathogens via a Gateway®-compatible binary potato virus X-expression vector / H. Peter van Esse -- Freeze-fracture of infected plant leaves in ethanol for scanning electron microscopic study of fungal pathogens / Jayma A. Moore and Scott A. Payne -- Real-time PCR for the quantification of fungi in planta / Steven J. Klosterman -- Using non-homologous end-joining-deficient strains for functional gene analyses in filamentous fungi / Mark Arentshorst, Arthur F.J. Ram, and Vera Meyer -- Atomic force microscopy: a tool for studying biophysical surface properties underpinning fungal interactions with plants and substrates / Elizabeth Adams, Danielle Emerson, Sean Croker, Hye-Seon Kim, Shannon Modla, Seogchan Kang, and Kirk Czymmek -- Use of the yeast two-hybrid system to identify targets of fungal effectors / Shunwen Lu-- Characterization of plant-fungal interactions involving necrotrophic effector-producing plant pathogens / Timothy L. Friesen and Justin D. Faris -- Heterologous production of fungal effectors in pichia pastoris / Anja Kombrink -- The application of laser microdissection to profiling fungal pathogen gene expression in planta / Wei-Hua Tang, Yan Zhang, and Jon Duvick -- Metabolomics protocols for filamentous fungi / Joel P.A. Gummer, Christian Krill, Lauren Du Fall, Ormonde D.C. Waters, Robert D. Trengove, Richard P. Oliver, and Peter S. Solomon -- Targeted gene replacement in fungi using a split-marker approach / Rubella S. Goswami -- Massively parallel sequencing technology in pathogenic microbes / Sucheta Tripathy and Rays H.Y. Jiang -- Confocal microscopy in plant-pathogen interactions / Adrienne R. Hardham -- The use of open source bioinformatics tools to dissect transcriptomic data / Benjamin M. Nitsche, Arthur F.J. Ram, and Vera Meyer -- Population biology of fungal plant pathogens / Zabi K. Atallah and Krishna V. Subbarao -- Polyethylene glycol (PEG)-mediated transformation in filamentous fungal pathogens / Zhaohui Liu and Timothy L. Friesen -- In vitro induction of infection-related hyphal structures in plant pathogenic fungi / W.R. Rittenour and S.D. Harris -- Fungicide resistance assays for fungal plant pathogens / Gary A. Secor and Viviana V. Riveria -- Identification of lipid-binding effectors / Shiv D. Kale and Brett M. Tyler -- In silico identification and characterization of effector catalogs / Ronnie de Jonge -- Horizontal transfer of supernumerary chromosomes in fungi / H. Charlotte van der Does and Martijin Rep -- The induction of mycotoxins by trichothecene producing fusarium species / Rohan Lowe, Mélanie Jubault, Gail Cannning, Martin Urban, and Kim E. Hammond-Kosack -- Identifying genes in fusarium verticillioides through forward and reverse genetics / J.B. Ridenour, R.L. Hirsch, and B.H. Bluhm -- Assessment of autophagosome formation by transmission electron microscopy / Marina Nadal and Scott E. Gold -- Fungal plant pathogen detection in plant and soil samples using DNA macroarrays / B. Livens, A. Justé, and K.A. Willems -- Random insertional mutagenesis in fungal genomes to identify virulence factors / Parthasarathy Santhanam -- A yeast secretion trap assay for identification of secreted proteins from eukaryotic phytopathogens and their plant hosts / Sang-Jik Lee and Jocelyn K.C. Rose -- Comparing fungal genomes: Insight into functional and evolutionary processes / Eva H. Stukenbrock and Julien Y. Dutheil -- Multigene phylogenetic analyses to delimit new species in fungal plant pathogens / Tara L. Rintoul, Quinn A. Eggertson, and C. André Lévesque -- MAP kinase phosphorylation and cAMP assessment in fungi / Rahim Mehrabi, Sarrah Ben M'Barek, Abbas Saidi, Masoud Abrinbana, Pierre J.G.M. de Wit, and Gert H.J. Kema -- A one-step affinity-purification protocol to purify NB-LRR immune receptors from plants that mediate resistance to fungal pathogens / Wladimir I.L. Tameling -- Karyotyping methods for fungi / Rahim Mehrabi, Masatoki Taga, Mostafa Aghaee, Pierre J.G.M. de Wit, and Gert H.J. Kema -- Isolation of apoplastic fluid from leaf tissue by the vacuum infiltration-centrifugation technique / Matthieu H.A.J. Joosten -- Gene cloning using degenerate primers and genome walking / Javier A. Delgado, Steven Meinhardt, Samuel G. Markell, and Rubella S. Goswami -- Construction of hairpin RNA-expressing vectors for RNA-mediated gene silencing in fungi / Shaobin Zhong, Yueqiang Leng, and Melvin D. Bolton -- An unbiased method for the quantitation of disease phenotypes using a custom-built macro plugin for the program imageJ / Ahmed Abd-El-Haliem.
- 2015 Springer ProtocolsMysore, Kirankumar S.; Senthil-Kumar, Muthappa.Advances in plant gene silencing methods / Prachi Pandey, Muthappa Senthil-Kumar, and Kirankumar S. Mysore -- Strategies for altering plant traits using virus-induced gene silencing technologies / Christophe Lacomme -- Bioinformatics tools for achieving better gene silencing in plants / Firoz Ahmed, Xinbin Dai, and Patrick Xuechun Zhao -- Profiling of small RNAs involved in plant-pathogen interactions / Dongdong Niu ... [et al.] -- RNAi-mediated resistance to viruses in genetically engineered plants / Abdulrazak B. Ibrahim and Francisco J. L. Aragão -- Simplifying transgene locus structure through Cre-lox recombination / Vibha Srivastava and David W. Ow -- Transgene-induced gene silencing in plants / Yun Jin and Hui-Shan Guo -- Gene silencing by DNA interference in fern gametophytes / Masamitsu Wada and Hidenori Tsuboi -- Induction of stable epigenetic gene silencing in plants using a virus vector / Akira Kanazawa and Megumi Kasai -- Method for validating microRNAs in plants by miR-RACE / Jinggui Fang and Xin Sun -- MR VIGS : microRNA-based virus-induced gene silencing in plants / Weiwei Chen ... [et al.] -- High-throughput RNA interference (RNAi)-based approach using hairy roots for the study of plant-rhizobia interactions / Senjuti Sinharoy, Catalina I. Pislariu, and Michael K. Udvardi -- Functional genomics method for assaying gene function in phytopathogenic fungi through host-induced gene silencing mediated by agroinfiltration / Vinay Panwar, Brent McCallum, and Guus Bakkeren -- Effective and convenient method for the delivery of apple latent spherical virus (ALSV)-based vectors into plant cells by agroinoculation / Tatsuya Kon and Nubuyuki Yoshikawa -- Virus-induced gene silencing (VIGS) for functional genomics in rice using Rice tungro bacilliform virus (RTBV) as a vector / Ravi Kant, Shweta Sharma, and Indranil Dasgupta -- Virus-induced gene silencing of fiber-related genes in cotton / John R. Tuttle, Candace H. Haigler, and Dominique (Niki) Robertson -- Establishment of an efficient virus-induced gene silencing (VIGS) assay in Arabidopsis by agrobacterium-mediated rubbing infection / Ana Marcia E. de A. Manhães, Marcos V. V. de Oliveira, and Libo Shan -- Virus-induced gene silencing as a scalable tool to study drought tolerance in plants / Gavin M. George, Michael E. Ruckle, and James R. Lloyd -- VIGS for dissecting mechanisms involved in the symbiotic interaction of microbes with plants / Mette Grønlund -- Construction of a cotton VIGS library for functional Genomics study / Maoying Li, Fangjun Li, and Ping He -- Synthetic gene complementation to determine off-target silencing / Dhirendra Kumar -- Construction of mismatched inverted repeat (IR) silencing vectors for maximizing IR stability and effective gene silencing in plants / M. E. Chrissie Rey ... [et al.].
- 2008 KargerVolff, Jean-Nicolas.Paleopolyploidy and its impact on the structure and function of modern plant genomes / A.H. Paterson -- Genomic history and gene family evolution in angiosperms: challenges and opportunities / J. Sampedro, D. Cosgrove -- The evolutionary position of subfunctionalization, downgraded / M. Freeling -- Grass genome structure and evolution / J. Messing, J.L. Bennetzen -- Phylogenetic insights into the pace and pattern of plant genome size evolution / C.E. Grover, J.S. Hawkins, J.F. Wendel -- Plant transposable elements / J.M. Deragon, J.M. Casacuberta, O. Panaud -- Plant sex chromosomes / D. Charlesworth -- Plant centromeres / J.C. Lamb ... [et al.] -- MiRNAs in the plant genome: all things great and small / B.C. Meyers, P.J. Green, C. Lu -- Recent insights into the evolution of genetic diversity of maize / A. Rafalski, S. Tingey -- The rice genome structure as a trail from the past to beyond / T. Sasaki.
- 2009 Springer ProtocolsGustafson, J. P.; Langridge, Peter; Somers, Daryl J.Role of model plant species / Richard Flavell -- New technologies for ultra-high throughput genotyping in plants / Nikki Appleby, David Edwards, and Jacqueline Batley -- Genetic maps and the use of synteny / Chris Duran, David Edwards, and Jacqueline Batley -- A simple TAE-based method to generate large insert BAC libraries from plant species / Bu-Jun Shi, J. Perry Gustafson, and Peter Langridge -- Transcript profiling and expression level mapping / Elena Potokina, Arnis Druka, and Michael J. Kearsey -- Methods for functional proteomic analyses / Christof Rampitsch and Natalia V. Bykova -- Stable transformation of plants / Huw D. Jones and Caroline A. Sparks -- Transient transformation of plants / Huw D. Jones, Angela Doherty, and Caroline A. Sparks -- Bridging the gene-to-function knowledge gap through functional genomics / Stephen J. Robinson and Isobel A.P. Parkin -- Heterologous and cell-free protein expression systems / Naser Farrokhi ... [et al.] -- Functional genomics and structural biology in the definition of gene function / Maria Hrmova and Geoffrey B. Fincher -- In situ analysis of gene expression in plants / Sinéad Drea ... [et al.] -- Plant and crop databases / David E. Matthews, Gerard R. Lazo, and Olin D. Anderson -- Plant genome annotation methods / Shu Ouyang ... [et al.] -- Molecular plant breeding : methodology and achievements / Rajeev K. Varshney ... [et l.] -- Practical delivery of genes to the marketplace / David A. Fischhoff and Molly N. Cline -- Ecological genomics of natural plant populations : the Israeli perspective / Eviatar Nevo -- Genome sequencing approaches and successes / Michael Imelfort ... [et al.]
- 2015 Springer ProtocolsBatley, Jacqueline.Advances in plant genotyping : where the future will take us / Dhwani A. Patel [and three others] -- Molecular marker applications in plants / Alice C. Hayward [and three others] -- Bioinformatics : identification of markers from next-generation sequence data / Pradeep Ruperao and David Edwards -- Molecular marker databases / Kaitao Lai, Michał Tadeusz Lorenc, and David Edwards -- Plant genotyping using flourescently tagged inter-simple sequence repeats (ISSRs) : basic principles and methodology / Linda M. Prince -- SSR genotyping / Annaliese S. Mason -- Genotyping analysis using an RFLP assay / Shutao Dai and Yan Long -- DNA barcoding for plants / Natasha de Vere [ and three others] -- Multiplexed digital gene expression analysis for gentical genomics in large plant populations / Christian Obermeier [and three others] -- SNP genotyping by heteroduplex analysis / Norma Paniego [and three others] -- Application of the high-resolution melting technique for gene mapping and SNP detection in plants / David Chagné -- Challenges of genotyping polyploid species / Annaliese S. Mason -- Genomic reduction assisted single nucleotide polymorphism discovery using 454-pyrosequencing / Peter J. Maughan, Joshua A. Udall, and Eric N. Jellen -- Inter-SINE amplified polymorphism (ISAP) for rapid and robust plant genotyping / Torsten Wenke [and four others] -- Screening of mutations by TILLING in plants / Nian Wang and Lei Shi -- Gene analysis using mass spectrometric cleaved amplified polymorphic sequence (MS-CAPS) with matrix-assisted laser desorption ionization time-of-flight mass spectrometry (MALDI-TOF) / Hideyuki Kajiwara -- Quantitative SNP genotyping of polyploids with MassARRAY and other platforms / Marcelo Mollinari and Oliver Serang -- SNP genotyping using KASPar assays / Scott M. Smith and Peter J. Maughan -- Skim-based genotyping by sequncing / Agnieszka A. Gilicz, Philipp E. Bayer, and David Edwards -- The restriction enzyme target approach to genotyping by sequencing (GBS) / Elena Hilario -- Methods for the design, implementation, and analysis of Illumina Infinium [trademark] SNP assays in plants / David Chagné [and four others] -- Use of the Illumina GoldenGate assay for single nuccleotide polymorphism (SNP) genotyping in cereal crops / Shiaoman Chao and Cindy Lawley.
- 2009 Springer ProtocolsBonetta, Dario; Cutler, Sean.1. Using reverse genetics to develop small knockout collections for specific biological questions / J. Northey and P. McCourt -- 2. Visualizing auxin transport routes in Arabidopsis leaf primordial / Danielle Marcos and Thomas Berleth -- 3. Gene expression analyses for elucidating mechanisms of hormonal action in plants / George W. Bassel and Nicholas J. Provart -- 4. Measurement of plant hormones by liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry / Stacey J. Owen and Suzanne R. Abrams -- 5. Measurement of abscisic acid and gibberellins by gas chromatography/mass spectrometry / Masanori Okamoto ... [et al.] -- 6. Pull-down assays for plant hormone research / Stefab Kepinski -- 7. Binding assays for brassinosteroid receptors / Ana Caño-Delgado and Zhi-Yong Wang -- 8. Binding assays for abscisic acid receptors / Fawzi A. Razem and Robert D. Hill -- 9. Cytokinin sensing systems using microorganisms / Masayuki Higuchi, Tatsuo Kakimoto and Takeshi Mizuno -- 10. Hormone-binding assay using living bacteria expressing eukaryotic receptors / Georgy A. Romanov and S.N. Lomin -- 11. Discovery of plant microRNAs and short-interfering RNAs by deep parallel sequencing / Padmanabhan Chellappan and Hailing Jin -- 12. The use of chemical genomics to investigate pathways intersecting auxin-dependent responses and endomembrane trafficking in Arabidopsis thaliana / Lorena Norambuena, Glenn R. Hicks and Natasha V. Raikhel.
- 2011 Springer ProtocolsMcDowell, John M.Studying NB-LRR immune receptor localization by agroinfiltration transient expression / Patrick Cournoyer and S.P. Dinesh-Kumar -- Fragment complementation and co-immunoprecipitation assays for understanding R protein structure and function / Peter Moffett -- Purification of resistance protein complexes using a biotinylated affinity (HPB) tag / Yiping Qi and Fumiaki Katagiri -- Biochemical purification of native immune protein complexes / James M. Elmore and Gitta Coaker -- Chromatin immunoprecipitation to identify global targets of WRKY transcription factor family members involved in plant immunity / Mario Roccaro and Imre E. Somssich -- Dose-response to and systemic movement of dexamethasone in the GVG-inducible transgene system in Arabidopsis / Xueqing Geng and David Mackey -- Quantifying alternatively spliced mRNA via capillary electrophoresis / Xue-Cheng Zhang and Walter Gassmann -- Constructing haustorium-specific cDNA libraries from rust fungi / Ann-Maree Catanzariti [and others] -- Microaspiration of esophageal gland cells and cDNA library construction for identifying parasitism genes of plant-parasitic nematodes / Richard S. Hussey, Guozhong Huang, and Rex Allen -- Construction of Pseudomonas syringae pv. tomato DC3000 mutant and polymutant strains / Brian H. Kvitko and Alan Collmer -- A straightforwward protocol for electro-transformation of Phytophthora capsici zoospores / Edgar Huitema, Matthew Smoker, and Sophien Kamoun -- Propagation, storage, and assays with Hyaloperonospora arabidopsidis : a model oomycete pathogen of Arabidopsis / John M. McDowell [and others] -- Assaying effector function in planta using double-barreled particle bombardment / Shiv D. Kale and Brett M. Tyler -- Assays for effector-mediated suppression of programmed cell death in yeast / Yuanchao Wang and Qian Huang -- Purification in effector-target protein complexes via transient expression in Nicotiana benthamiana / Joe Win, Sophien Kamoun, and Alexandrea M.E. Jones -- Imaging fluorescently tagged Phytophthora effector proteins inside infected plant tissue / Petra C. Boevink, Paul R.J. Birch, and Stephen C. Whisson -- Immunolocalization of pathogen effectors / Eric Kemen, Kurt Mendgen, and Ralf T. Voegele -- Laser capture microdissection of nematode feeding cells / Nagabhushana Ithal and Melissa G. Mitchum -- Laser microdissection of plant-fungus interaction sites and isolation of RNA for downstream expression profiling / Divya Chandran, Noriko Inada, and Mary C. Wildermuth -- Global expression profiling of RNA from laser microdissected cells at fungal-plant interaction sites / Divya Chandran, Greg Hather, and Mary C. Wildermuth -- Visualizing cellular dynamics in plant-microbe interactions using fluorescent-tagged proteins / William Underwood, Serry Koh, and Shauna C. Somerville.
- 2011 Springer ProtocolsDissmeyer, Nico; Schnittger, Arp.Guide to the book Plant kinases / Nico Dissmeyer and Arp Schnittger -- The age of protein kinases / Nico Dissmeyer and Arp Schnittger -- Expression and purification of active protein kinases from wheat germ extracts / Boglárka Sonkoly, Viola Bardóczy, and Tamás Mészáros -- Measurement of plant cyclin-dependent kinase activity using immunoprecipitation-coupled and affinity purification-based kinase assays and the baculovirus expression system / Hirofumi Harashima and Masami Sekine -- Mitogen-activated protein kinase activity and reporter gene assays in plants / Róbert Dóczi, Elizabeth Hatzimasoura, and László Bögre -- Use of phospho-site substitutions to analyze the biological relevance of phosphorylation events in regulatory networks / Nico Dissmeyer and Arp Schnittger -- Bacterial assay to study plant sensor histidine kinases / Lukáš Spíchal -- Substrate analysis of Arabidopsis PP2C-type protein phosphatases / Julija Umbrasaite, Alois Schweighofer, and Irute Meskiene -- Modulating and monitoring MAPK activity during programmed cell death in pollen / Shutian Li and Vernonica E. Franklin-Tong -- Sensitizing plant protein kinases to specific inhibition by ATP-competitive molecules / Dor Salomon [and others] -- Fluorescence fluctuation analysis of receptor kinase dimerization / Mark A. Hink, Sacco C. de Vries, and Antonie J.W.G. Visser -- Quantifying degradation rates of transmembrane receptor kinases / Niko Geldner -- Fluorescence correlation spectroscopy and fluorescence recovery after photobleaching to study receptor kinase mobility in planta / Mark Kwaaitaal [and others] -- Bimolecular-fluorescence complementation assay to monitor kinase-substrate interactions in vivo / Stefan Pusch, Nico Dissmeyer, and Arp Schnittger -- Chemical genetic analysis of protein kinase function in plants / Maik Böhmer, Michael Bölker, and Tina Romeis -- Modified metal-oxide affinity enrichment combined with 2D-PAGE and analysis of phosphoproteomes / Thomas Colby [and others] -- Phosphoproteomics using iTRAQ / Alexandra M.E. Jones and Thomas S. Nühse.
- 2013 Springer ProtocolsHeilmann, Ingo; Munnik, Teun.As scientist begin to understand the complexity of lipid signaling and its roles in plant biology, there is an increasing interest in their analysis. Due to the low abundancy and transient nature of some of these hydrophobic compounds, this is not always easy. In Plant Lipid Signaling Protocols, expert researchers in the field detail experimental approaches by which plant signaling lipids can be studied. These methods and techniques include analysis of plant signaling lipids, including detailed protocols to detect various relevant compounds by targeted or non-targeted approaches; to assay relevant enzyme activities in biological material or using recombinant enzymes; to test for specific binding of signaling lipids to protein partners; or to visualize signaling lipids or lipid-derived signals in living plant cells. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and key tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Authoritative and practical, Plant Lipid Signaling Protocols aids plant researchers in the continuing to study the roles of lipid signals.
- 2013 Springer ProtocolsArmstrong, Susan; Grelon, Mathilde; Pawlowski, Wojciech P.Spreading and fluorescence in situ hybridization of male and female meiocyte chromosomes from Arabidopsis thaliana for cytogenetical analysis / Susan Armstrong -- Analysis of plant meiotic chromosomes by chromosome painting / Martin A. Lysak and Terezie Mandáková -- Using sequential fluorescence and genomic in situ hybridization (FISH and GISH) to distinguish the A and C genomes in Brassica napus / Elaine C. Howell and Susan Armstrong -- Labeling meiotic chromosomes in maize with fluorescence in situ hybridization / Zhi Gao [and others] -- Examining female meiocytes of maize by confocal microscopy / Philippa Barrell and Ueli Grossniklaus -- Three-dimensional acrylamide fluorescence in situ hybridization for plant cells / Elizabeth S. Howe, Shaun P. Murphy, and Hank W. Bass -- Analyzing maize meiotic chromosomes with super-resolution structured illumination microscopy / Chung-Ju Rachel Wang -- Live imaging of chromosome dynamics / Moira J. Sheehan, R. Kelly Dawe, and Wojciech P. Pawlowski -- Immunolocalization of meiotic proteins in brassicaceae : method 1 / Liudmila A. Chelysheva, Laurie Grandont, and Mathilde Grelon -- Immunolocalization of meiotic proteins in Arabidopsis thaliana : method 2 / Susan Armstrong and Kim Osman -- Immunolocalization protocols for visualizing meiotic proteins in Arabidopsis thaliana : method 3 / Xiaohui Yang, Li Yuan, and Christopher A. Makaroff -- Time course for the analysis of meiotic progression in Arabidopsis thaliana / Susan Armstrong -- Analyzing meiotic chromosomes in rice / Zhukuan Cheng -- Analyzing meiosis in barley / James D. Higgins -- Preparing SC spreads with RNs for EM analysis / Lorinda K. Anderson and Stephen M. Stack -- Analysis of the synaptonemal complex in brassica using TEM / Susan Armstrong -- Preparing thin sections of meiotic nuclei for transmission electron microscopy / Ljudmilla Timofejeva -- Characterization of meiotic non-crossover molecules from Arabidopsis thaliana Pollen / Hossein Khademian [and others] -- Chromatin immunoprecipitation for studying chromosomal localization of meiotic proteins in maize / Yan He, Gaganpreet Sidhu, and Wojciech P. Pawlowski -- Analyzing the meiotic transcriptome using isolated meiocytes of Arabidopsis thaliana / Changbin Chen and Ernest F. Retzel -- Analysis of Meiotic Protein Complexes from arabidopsis and brassica using affinity-based proteomics / Kim Osman [and others] -- Identifying meiotic mutants in Arabidopsis thaliana / Wayne Crismani and Raphaël Mercier.
- 2014 Springer ProtocolsAlonso, Ana Paula; Dieuaide-Noubhani, Martine.Application of Metabolic Flux Analysis to Plants -- Metabolic Network Reconstruction and Their Topological Analysis -- 14C pulse Labeling to Estimate External Fluxes and Turnovers in Primary Metabolism -- Optimization of Steady-state 13C-labeling Experiments for Metabolic Flux Analysis -- Quantification of 13C Enrichments and Isotopomer Abundances for Metabolic Flux analysis using 1D NMR Spectroscopy -- Analysis of Proteinogenic Amino Acid and Starch Labeling by 2D NMR -- Analysis of Kinetic Labeling of Amino Acids and Organic Acids by GC-MS -- Quantifying 13C-labeling in Free Sugars and Starch by GC-MS -- Liquid Chromatography Tandem Mass Spectrometry for Measuring 13C-labeling in Intermediates of the Glycolysis and Pentose-phosphate Pathway -- In Vivo NMR for 13C metabolic? Flux Analysis -- Steady State and Instationary Modeling of Proteinogenic and Free Amino Acid Isotopomers for Flux Quantification -- Isotopically Nonstationary MFA (INST-MFA) of Autotrophic Metabolism -- Simulating Labeling to Estimate Kinetic Parameters for Flux Control Analysis -- High-throughput Data Pipelines for Metabolic Flux Analysis in Plants -- Analysis of Enzyme Activities -- Analytical Kinetic Modeling: A Practical Procedure -- Flux Balance Analysis as an Alternative Method to Estimate Fluxes Without Labeling -- Flux Variability Analysis: Application to Developing Oilseed Rape Embryos using Toolboxes for Constraint-Based Modeling -- Plant Genome-Scale Modeling and Implementation -- 34S and 15N Labelling to Model S and N Flux in Plants and Determine the Different Components of N and S use Efficiency -- Ecophysiological Process-based Model to Simulate Carbon Fluxes in Plants.
- 2014 Springer ProtocolsSriram, Ganesh.MeRy-B, a metabolomic database and knowledge base for exploring plant primary metabolism / Catherine Deborde and Daniel Jacob -- Targeted deuteration of polyphenolics for their qualitative and quantitative metabolomic analysis in plant-derived extracts / Mikel R. Roe, Jerry D. Cohen, and Adrian D. Hegeman -- Relative quantitation in single-cell metabolomics by laser ablation electrospray mass spectrometry / Bindesh Shrestha and Akos Vertes -- Quantification of plant volatiles / Anthony V. Qualley and Natalia Dudareva -- Quantitative imaging approaches for small-molecule measurements using FRET sensors in plants / Sakiko Okumoto -- Isotopomer measurement techniques in metabolic flux analysis I : nuclear magnetic resonance / Quyen X. Truong, Jong Moon Yoon, and Jacqueline V. Shanks -- Isotopomer measurement techniques in metabolic flux analysis II : mass spectrometry / Jamey D. Young, Douglas K. Allen, and John A. Morgan -- Mathematical modeling of isotope labeling experiments for metabolic flux analysis / Shilpa Nargund and Ganesh Sriram -- Optimal design of isotope labeling experiments / Hong Yang, Dominic E. Mandy, and Igor G.L. Libourel -- Putting the plant metabolic network pathway databases to work : going offline to gain new capabilities / Kate Dreher -- Elucidation of metabolic pathways from enzyme classification data / Andrew G. McDonald and Keith F. Tipton -- Deducing intracellular distributions of metabolic pathways from genomic data / Ansgar Gruber and Peter G. Kroth -- Genome-scale models of plant metabolism / Margaret Simons, Ashish Misra, and Ganesh Sriram -- Elementary flux modes, flux balance analysis, and their application to plant metabolim / Katrin Lotz [and four others] -- Systems approaches to unraveling plant metabolism : identifying biosynthetic genes of secondary metabolic pathways / Martin J. Spiering [and three others] -- Applications of kinetic modeling to plant metabolism / Johann M. Rohwer -- Kinetic modeling of plant metabolism and its predictive power : peppermint essential oil biosynthesis as an example / Bernd Markus Lange and Rigoberto Rios-Estepa.
- 2006 SpringerDixon, Richard A.; Saito, K.; Willmitzer, Lothar.
- 2013 Springer ProtocolsMaathuis, Frans.Roles and functions of plant mineral nutrients / Frans J.M. Maathuis and Eugene Diatloff -- Plant growth and cultivation / Dorina Podar -- Protocols for growing plant symbioses: mycorrhiza / Michael Schultze -- Protocols for growing plant symbioses: rhizobia / Benjamin Gourion, Marie Bourcy, Viviane Cosson, and Pascal Ratet -- Plant cell suspension cultures / Roberto Moscatiello, Barbara Baldan, and Lorella Navazio -- Soil analysis using visible and near infrared spectroscopy / Johanna Wetterlind, Bo Stenberg, and Raphael A. Viscarra Rossel -- Mineral composition analysis: measuring anion uptake and anion concentrations in plant tissues / Malcolm J. Hawkesford, Saroj Parmar, and Peter Buchner -- Multielement plant tissue analysis using ICP spectrometry / T.H. Hansen, T.C. de Bang, K.H. Laursen, P. Pedas, S. Husted, and J.K. Schjoerring -- Mapping element distributions in plant tissues using synchrotron X-ray fluorescence techniques / Erica Donner, Martin D. de Jonge, Peter M. Kopittke, and Enzo Lombi -- Flux measurements of cations using radioactive tracers / D.T. Britto and H.J. Kronzucker -- Ion flux measurements using the MIFE technique / Sergey Shabala, Lana Shabala, Jayakumar Bose, Tracey Cuin, and Ian Newman -- Sampling and analysis of phloem sap / Sylvie Dinant and Julia Kehr -- Methods for xylem sap collection / M. Alexou and A.D. Peuke -- Plant single cell sampling / Wieland Fricke -- Measurements of cytosolic ion concentrations in live cells / Veena S. Anil, Kavitha P.G., Sam Kuruvilla, Pavan Kumar, and M.K. Mathew -- Real time measurement of cytoplasmic ions with ion-selective microelectrodes / Anthony J. Miller -- Large-scale plant ionomics / John M.C. Danku, Brett Labner, Elena Yakubova, and David E. Salt -- Applications of high-throughput plant phenotyping to study nutrient use efficiency / Bettina Berger, Bas de Regt, and Mark Tester.
- 2015 Springer ProtocolsMurcha, Monika W.; Whelan, James.Isolation of intact mitochondria from the model plant species Arabidopsis thaliana and Oryza sativa / Monika W. Murcha and James Whelan -- Determining mitochondrial transcript termini for the study of transcription start sites and transcript 5' end maturation / Stefan Binder and Kristina Kühn -- Mitochondrial run-on transcription assay using biotin labeling / Kristina Kühn -- In vitro RNA uptake studies in plant mitochondria / Szymon Kubiszewski-Jakubiak [and five others] -- In vitro and in vivo protein uptake studies in plant mitochondria / Owen Duncan [and three others] -- Plant mitochondrial proteomics / Nicolas L. Taylor and A. Harvey Millar -- Identification of lysine-acetylated mitochondrial proteins and their acetylation sites / Markus Hartl, Ann-Christine König, and Iris Finkemeier -- Flowchart to analyze protease activity in plant mitochondria / Pedro F. Teixeira [and three others] -- Activity measurements of mitochondrial enzymes in native gels / Peter Schertl and Hans-Peter Braun -- Activity assay for plant mitochondrial enzymes / Shaobai Huang, Chun Pong Lee, and A. Harvey Millar -- Analysis of type II NAD(P)H dehydrogenases / Kathleen L. Soole and Chevaun A. Smith -- Assessment of respiration in isolated plant mitochondria using clark-type electrodes / Richard P. Jacoby, A. Harvey Millar, and Nicolas L. Taylor -- Micro-respiratory measurements in plants / Yun Shin Sew, A. Harvey Millar, and Elke Stroeher -- Improvements to define mitochondrial metabolomics using nonaqueous fractionation / Richard Fly [and four others] -- Mitochondrial markers of programmed cell death in Arabidopsis thaliana / Theresa J. Reape ... [et al.] -- Imaging and analysis of mitochondrial dynamics in living cells / Sanjaya B. Ekanayake [and four others] -- Analysis of plant mitochondrial function using fluorescent protein sensors / Stephan Wagner [and six others] -- In planta analysis of leaf mitochondrial superoxide and nitric oxide / Marina Cvetkovska and Greg C. Vanlerberghe -- Databases and informatics resources for analysis of plant mitochondria / Reena Narsai -- Expression and crystallization of the plant alternative oxidase / Benjamin May [and six others].
- 2013 Springer ProtocolsDe Smet, Ive.The tomato leaf as a model system for organogenesis -- Usefulness of Physcomitrella patens for studying plant organogenesis -- The dicot root as a model system for studying organogenesis -- Genetic control of root organogenesis in cereals -- Gene expression analysis of aquatic angiosperms podostemaceae to gain insight into the evolution of their enigmatic morphology -- Brown algae as a model for plant organogenesis -- Microscopic analysis of ovule development in Arabidopsis thaliana -- Imaging of phenotypes, gene expression, and protein localization during embryonic root formation in Arabidopsis -- Inducible system for lateral roots in Arabidopsis thaliana and maize -- Adventitious root induction in Arabidopsis thaliana as a model for in vitro root organogenesis -- High-throughput, noninvasive imaging of root systems -- Small-molecule screens to study lateral root development -- Cell lineage analyses in living tissues -- Protein immunolocalization in maize tissues -- Auxin immunolocalization in plant tissues -- Gene expression analysis of shoot apical meristem cell types -- Kinematic analysis of cell division in leaves of mono- and dicotyledonous species: A basis for understanding growth and developing refined molecular sampling strategies -- Regeneration in arabidopsis tissue culture -- Isolation and analysis of mRNAs from specific cell types of plants by ribosome immunopurification -- Analyzing small and long RNAs in plant development using non-radioactive in situ hybridization -- Analyzing protein distribution in plant tissues using "Whole-mount" Immunolocalization -- Culture methods and mutant generation in the filamentous brown algae Ectocarpus siliculosus -- Building simulation models of developing plant organs using VirtualLeaf.
- 2015 Springer ProtocolsSchulze, Waltraud X.The plant kinome / Monika Zulawski and Waltraud X. Schulze -- Phosphatases in plants / Alois Schweighofer and Irute Meskiene -- Phosphoproteomics in cereals / Pingfang Yang -- Screening of kinase substrates using kinase knockout mutants / Taishi Umezawa -- Phosphopeptide pofiling of receptor kinase mutants / Xu Na Wu and Waltraud X. Schulze -- Combining metabolic N labeling with improved tandem MOAC for enhanced probing of the phosphoproteome / Martin Thomas [and four others] -- Kinase activity and specificity assay using synthetic peptides / Xu Na Wu and Waltraud X. Schulze -- Absolute quantitation of protein posttranslational modification isoform / Zhu Yang and Ning Li -- Phosphorylation stoichiometry determination in plant photosynthetic membranes / Björn Ingelsson, Rikard Fristedt, and Maria V. Turkina -- Phosphopeptide immuno-affinity enrichment to enhance detection of tyrosine phosphorylation in plants / Sharon C. Mithoe and Frank L. H. Menke -- The peptide microarray ChloroPhos1.0 : a screening tool for the identification of Arabidopsis thaliana chloroplast protein kinase substrates / Anna Schönberg and Sacha Baginsky -- Plant protein kinase substrates identification using protein microarrays / Shisong Ma and Savithramma P. Dinesh-Kumar -- Targeted analysis of protein phosphorylation by 2D electrophoresis / Kristin Mayer, Sally Albrecht, and Andreas Schaller -- Computational phosphorylation network reconstruction : methods and resources / Guangyou Duan and Dirk Walther -- Computational identification of protein kinases and kinase-specific substrates in plants / Han Cheng [and three others] -- Databases for plant phosphoproteomics / Waltraud X. Schulze, Qiuming Yao, and Dong Xu -- Phosphorylation site prediction in plants / Qiuming Yao, Waltraud X. Schulze, and Dong Xu.
- 2008 SpringerGeorge, Edwin F.; Hall, M. A.; Klerk, Geert Jan de.v. 1. The Background.
- 2007 SpringerŠamaj, Jozef; Thelen, Jay J.
- 2014 Springer ProtocolsJorrin-Novo, Jesus V.; Komatsu, Setsuko; Weckwerth, Wolfram; Wienkoop, Stefanie.Plant Proteomics Methods and Protocols -- From Proteomics to Systems Biology: MAPA, MASS WESTERN, PROMEX and COVAIN as a User-Oriented Platform -- Plant Proteomics: From Genome Sequencing to Proteome Databases and Repositories -- How to Use 2D Gel Electrophoresis in Plant Proteomics -- Standarization of Data Processing and Statistical Analysis in a 2-DE-Based Comparative Plant Proteomics Experiment -- The Expanding Universe of Mass Analyzer Configurations for Biological Analysis -- A Protocol for Protein Extraction from Lipid-Rich Plant Tissues Suitable for Electrophoresis -- Making a Protein Extract in Plant Pathogenic Fungi for Gel- and LC-Based Proteomics -- Plant Proteomics Methods to Reach Low-Abundance Proteins -- Combination of 2DE and LC for Plant Proteomics Analysis -- 2DE Analysis of Forest Tree Proteins Using Fluorescent Labels and Multiplexing -- Differential Plant Proteome Analysis by Isobaric Tags for Relative and Absolute Quantitation (iTRAQ) -- Global Quantitative Proteomics Using Spectral Counting: An Inexpensive Experimental and Bioinformatics Workflow for Deep Proteome Coverage -- Combining Chymotrypsin/trypsin Digestion to Identify Hydrophobic Proteins from Oil Bodies -- Mass Western for Absolute Quantification of Target Proteins and Considerations About the Instrument of Choice -- Selected Reaction Monitoring Mass Spectrometry: A Methodology Overview -- Mass Spectrometry Based Imaging of Metabolites and Proteins -- Using the Yeast Two-Hybrid System to Identify Protein-Protein Interactions -- Modifications of Wheat Germ Cell-Free System for Functional Proteomics of Plant Membrane Proteins -- Arabidopsis Proteomics: A Simple and Standardizable Workflow for Quantitative Proteome Characterization -- Analysis of Rice Proteins Using SDS-PAGE Shotgun Proteomics -- Medicago truncatula Proteomics for Systems Biology: Novel Rapid Shotgun LC-MS Approach for Relative Quantification Based on Full-Scan Selective Peptide Extraxtion (Selpex) -- Soybean Proteomics -- Proteome Analysis of Orphan Plant Species, Fact or Fiction? -- An Improved Detergent-Compatible Gel-Fractionation LC-LTQ-Orbitrap-MS Workflow for Plant and Microbial Proteomics -- Seed Proteomics -- Back to Osborne. Sequential Protein Extraction and LC-MS for Characterization of the Seed Proteome -- Xylem Sap Proteomics -- Suspension Cultured-Plant Cells as a Tool to Analyze the Extracellular Proteome -- Pollen Cultivation and Preparation for Proteome Studies -- Isolation of the Plant Cytosolic Fraction for Proteomic Analysis -- Quantitative Proteomic Analysis of Intact Plastids -- Shotgun Proteomics of Plant Plasma Membrane and Microdomain Proteins Using Nano-LC-MS/MS -- Plant Mitochondrial Proteomics -- Separation of the Plant Golgi Apparatus and Endoplasmic Reticulum by Free-Flow Electrophoresis -- Isolation of Leaf Peroxisomes from Arabidopsis for Organelle Proteomics Analyses -- Proteomics of Field Samples, the Case of the Chernobyl Area -- Differential Proteome and Secretome Analysis During Rice-Pathogen Interaction -- Protein Extraction and Gel-Based Separation Methods to Analyse Responses to Pathogens in Carnation (Dianthus caryophyllus L) -- StageTip-Based HAMMOC, an Efficient and Inexpensive Phosphopeptide Enrichment Method for Plant Shotgun Phosphoproteomics -- Simultaneous Identification and Quantification of Nitrosylation Sites by Combination of Biotin Switch and ICAT Labeling -- Tandem Metal-Oxide Affinity Chromatography for Enhanced Depth of Phosphoproteome Analysis -- N-Glycoprotein Enrichment by Lectin Affinity Chromatography -- Rapid and High-Throughput N-glycomic Analysis of Plant Glycoproteins -- Assay for Proteasome-Dependent Protein Degradation and Ubiquitinated Proteins -- Separation of Membrane Protein Complexes by Native LDS-PAGE -- Identification of Thioredoxin Target Disulfides Using Isotope-Coded Affinity Tags -- Class III Peroxidases -- Proteotyping of Holm oak (Quercus ilex subsp. ballota) Provenances Through Proteomic Analysis of Acorn Flour -- Immunoproteomics Analysis of Food Allergens -- Beer and Wort Proteomics -- Precipitation of Champagne Base Wine Proteins Prior 2D Electrophoresis -- The Minimal Information About a Proteomics Experiment (MIAPE) from the Proteomics Standards Initiative.
- 2006 Springer ProtocolsDamerval, Catherine; Mechin, Valerie; Thiellement, Hervé; Zivy, Michel.Total protein extraction with TCA-acetone / Valérie Méchin, Catherine Damerval, and Michel Zivy -- Phenol extraction of proteins for proteomic studies of recalcitrant plant tissues / Mireille Faurobert, Esther Pelpoir, and Jamila Chaïb -- Protein extraction from cereal seeds / Gérard Branlard and Emmanuelle Blancel -- Protein extraction from xylem and phloem sap / Julia Kehr and Martijn Rep -- Protein extraction from woody plants / Christophe Plomion and Céline Lalanne -- Isolation of chloroplast proteins from Arabidopsis thaliana for proteome analysis / Klaas J. van Wijk, Jean-Benoit Peltier, and Lisa Giacomelli -- Isolation and subfractionation of plant mitochondria for proteomic analysis / Holger Eubel, Joshua L. Heazlewood, and A. Harvey Millar -- Extraction of nuclear proteins from root meristematic cells / Fernando González-Camacho and Francisco Javier Medina -- Isolation of nuclear proteins / Setsuko Komatsu -- Isolation of cell wall proteins from Medicago sativa stems / Bonnie S. Watson and Lloyd W. Sumner -- Plant plasma membrane protein extraction and solubilization for proteomic analysis / Véronique Santoni -- Detergents and chaotropes for protein solubilization before two-dimensional electrophoresis / Thierry Rabilloud ... [et al.] -- Two-dimensional electrophoresis for plant proteomics / Walter Weiss and Angelika Görg -- Visible and fluorescent staining of two-dimensional gels / François Chevalier, Valérie Rofidal, and Michel Rossignol -- Two-dimensional differential in-gel electrophoresis (DIGE) of leaf and roots of Lycopersicon esculentum / Matthew Keeler ... [et al.] -- Quantitative analysis of 2D gels / Michel Zivy -- Multivariate data analysis of proteome data / Kåre Engkilde, Susanne Jacobsen, and Ib Søndergaard -- Edman sequencing of plant proteins from 2D gels / Setsuko Komatsu -- Peptide mass fingerprinting: identification of proteins by MALDI-TOF / Nicolas Sommerer, Delphine Centeno, and Michel Rossignol -- Protein identification using nano liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry / Luc Negroni -- Two-dimensional nanoflow liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry of proteins extracted from rice leaves and roots / Linda Breci and Paul A. Haynes -- Separation, identification, and profiling of membrane proteins by GFC/IEC/SDS-PAGE and MALDI TOF MS / Wojciech Szponarski ... [et al.] -- The PROTICdb database for 2-DE proteomics / Olivier Langella, Michel Zivy, and Johann Joets -- Identification of phosphorylated proteins / Maria V. Turkina and Alexander V. Vener -- Plant proteomics and glycosylation / Anne-Catherine Fitchette ... [et al.] -- Blue-native gel electrophoresis for the characterization of protein complexes in plants / Jesco Heinemeyer, Dagmar Lewejohann, and Hans-Peter Braun -- Electroelution of intact proteins from SDS-PAGE gels and their subsequent MALDI-TOF MS analysis / Zhentian Lei ... [et al.] -- Generation of plant protein microarrays and investigation of antigen-antibody interactions / Birgit Kersten and Tanja Feilner -- Phosphorylation studies using plant protein microarrays / Tanja Feilner and Birgit Kersten.
- 2011 Springer ProtocolsPereira, Andy.Analysis of High-Throughput Sequencing Data / Shrinivasrao P. Mane, Thero Modise, Bruno W. Sobral -- Identification of Plant microRNAs Using Expressed Sequence Tag Analysis / Taylor P. Frazier, Baohong Zhang -- Microarray Data Analysis / Saroj K. Mohapatra, Arjun Krishnan -- Setting Up Reverse Transcription Quantitative-PCR Experiments / Madana M. Ambavaram, Andy Pereira -- Virus-Induced Gene Silencing in Nicotiana benthamiana and Other Plant Species / Andrew Hayward, Meenu Padmanabhan, S. P. Dinesh-Kumar -- Agroinoculation and Agroinfiltration: Simple Tools for Complex Gene Function Analyses / Zarir Vaghchhipawala, Clemencia M. Rojas, Muthappa Senthil-Kumar, Kirankumar S. Mysore -- Full-Length cDNA Overexpressor Gene Hunting System (FOX Hunting System) / Mieko Higuchi, Youichi Kondou, Takanari Ichikawa, Minami Matsui -- Activation Tagging with En/Spm-I /dSpm Transposons in Arabidopsis / Nayelli Marsch-Martínez, Andy Pereira -- Activation Tagging and Insertional Mutagenesis in Barley / Michael A. Ayliffe, Anthony J. Pryor -- Methods for Rice Phenomics Studies / Chyr-Guan Chern, Ming-Jen Fan, Sheng-Chung Huang, Su-May Yu, Fu-Jin Wei, Cheng-Chieh Wu, Arunee Trisiriroj, Ming-Hsing Lai, Shu Chen, Yue-Ie C. Hsing -- Development of an Efficient Inverse PCR Method for Isolating Gene Tags from T-DNA Insertional Mutants in Rice / Sung-Ryul Kim, Jong-Seong Jeon, Gynheung An -- Transposon Insertional Mutagenesis in Rice / Narayana M. Upadhyaya, Qian-Hao Zhu, Ramesh S. Bhat -- Reverse Genetics in Medicago truncatula Using Tnt1 Insertion Mutants / Xiaofei Cheng, Jiangqi Wen, Million Tadege, Pascal Ratet, Kirankumar S. Mysore -- Screening Arabidopsis Genotypes for Drought Stress Resistance / Amal Harb, Andy Pereira -- Protein Tagging for Chromatin Immunoprecipitation from Arabidopsis / Stefan Folter -- Yeast One-Hybrid Screens for Detection of Transcription Factor DNA Interactions / Pieter B. Ouwerkerk, Annemarie H. Meijer -- Plant Metabolomics by GC-MS and Differential Analysis / Joel L. Shuman, Diego F. Cortes, Jenny M. Armenta, Revonda M. Pokrzywa, Pedro Mendes, Vladimir Shulaev -- Gramene Database: A Hub for Comparative Plant Genomics / Pankaj Jaiswal.
- 2007 Springer ProtocolsMakkar, Harinder P. S.; Becker, Klaus; Siddhuraju, P.
- 2016 Springer ProtocolsBotella, Jose R.; Botella, Miguel A.Suppressor screens in Arabidopsis / Xin Li and Yuelin Zhang -- Quantitative reverse transcription-qPCR-based gene expression analysis in plants / Heithem Ben Abdallah and Petra Bauer -- DNA-binding factor target identification by chromatin immunoprecipitation (ChIP) in plants / David Posé and Levi Yant -- Identification of genes responsible for natural variation in volatile content using next-generation sequencing technology / Iraida Amaya, Jeremy Pillet, and Kevin M. Folta -- Micro-tom tomato as an alternative plant model system : mutant collection and efficient transformation / Masahito Shikata and Hiroshi Ezura -- Culture of the tomato micro-tom cultivar in greenhouse / Christophe Rotha ... [et al.] -- Virus-induced gene silencing as a tool to study tomato fruit biochemistry / Elio Fantini and Giovanni Giuliano -- Simplified and rapid method for the isolation and transfection of Arabidopsis leaf mesophyll protoplasts for large-scale applications / Arnaldo L. Schapire and L. Maria Lois -- Preparation of epidermal peels and guard cell protoplasts for cellular, electrophysiological, and -omics assays of guard cell function / Mengmeng Zhu ... [et al.] -- Application of variable angle total internal reflection fluorescence microscopy to investigate protein dynamics in intact plant cells / Yinglang Wan ... [et al.] -- Immunoprecipitation of plasma membrane receptor-like kinases for identification of phosphorylation sites and associated proteins / asuhiro Kadota, Alberto P. Macho, and Cyril Zipfel -- Yeast three-hybrid system for the detection of protein-protein interactions / Natsumi Maruta, Yuri Trusov, and Jose R. Botella -- Cautions in measuring in vivo interactions using FRET and BiFC in Nicotiana benthamiana / Meral Tunc-Ozdemir, Yan Fu, and Alan M. Jones -- Analysis of protein-lipid interactions using purified C2 domains / Jessica Pérez-Sancho ... [et al.] -- Assessing kinase activity in plants with in-gel kinase assays / Pengcheng Wang and Jian-Kang Zhu -- Analyses of plant UDP-dependent glycosyltransferases to identify their volatile substrates using recombinant proteins / Yusuke Kamiyoshihara, Denise M. Tieman, and Harry J. Klee -- Competitive index : mixed infection-based virulence assays for genetic analysis in Pseudomonas syringae-plant interactions / Alberto P. Macho ... [e tal.] -- Simplified assays for evaluation of resistance to Alternaria brassicicola and turnip mosaic virus / Yuri Trusov ... [et al.] -- Simultaneous determination of plant hormones by GC-TOF-MS / José G. Vallarino and Sonia Osorio.
- 2009 Springer ProtocolsPfannschmidt, Thomas.Multiple dimensions in plant signal transduction : an overview / Jorge J. Casal -- Phenotyping of Arabidopsis mutants for developmental effects of gene deletions / Cordelia Bolle -- Phenotyping of abiotic responses and hormone treatment in Arabidopsis / Cordelia Bolle -- Accurate real-time reverse transcription quantitative PCR / Marco Klatte and Petra Bauer -- Probing spatio-temporal intracellular calcium variations in plants / Axel Mithöfer, Christian Mazars, and Massimo E. Maffei -- Dynamic redox measurements with redox-sensitive GFP in plants by confocal laser scanning microscopy / Andreas J. Meyer and Thorsten Brach -- Imaging reactive oxygen species in vivo / Steven M. Driever ... [et al.] -- Identification of thioredoxin targeted proteins using thioredoxin single cysteine mutant-immobilized resin / Ken Motohashi, Patrick G.N. Romano, and Toru Hisabori -- Determination of in vivo protein phosphorylation in photosynthetic membranes / Julia P. Vainonen, Alexander V. Vener, and Eva-Mari Aro -- Examining protein stability and its relevance for plant growth and development / Claus Schwechheimer ... [et al.] -- Probing circadian rhythms in Chlamydomonas rheinhardtii by functional proteomics / Volker Wagner and Maria Mittag -- Bimolecular fluorescence complementation (BiFC) to study protein-protein interactions in living plant cells / Katia Schütze, Klaus Harter, and Christina Chaban -- Fluorescence cross-correlation spectroscopy of plant proteins / Hideki Muto, Masataka Kinjo, and Kotaro T. Yamamoto -- The determination of protein-protein interactions by the mating-based split-ubiquitin-system (mbSUS) / Christopher Grefen, Petr Obrdlik, and Klaus Harter -- Functional complementation of yeast mutants to study plant signalling pathways / Norbert Mehlmer, Elisabeth Scheikl-Pourkhalil, and Markus Teige -- Phosphatase activities analyzed by in vivo expressions / Alois Schweighofer, Zahra Ayatollahi, and Irute Meskiene -- Chromatin immunoprecipitation experiments to investigate in vivo binding of Arabidopsis transcription factors to target sequences / Benjamin Fode and Christiane Gatz -- Fluorescence-based electrophoretic mobility shift assay in the analysis of DNA-binding proteins / Sebastian Steiner and Thomas Pfannschmidt -- Analysis of plant regulatory DNA sequences by the yeast-one-hybrid assay / Dierk Wanke and Klaus Harter -- Analysis of plant regulatory DNA sequences by transient protoplast assays and computer aided sequence evaluation / Kenneth W. Berendzen, Klaus Harter, and Dierk Wanke -- RNA protein interaction mediating post-transcriptional regulation in the circadian system / Jan C. Schöning and Dorothee Staiger.
- 2007 SpringerBaginsky, Sacha; Fernie, Alisdair R.
- 2006 SpringerGupta, S. Dutta; Ibaraki, Yasuomi.
- 2011 Springer ProtocolsPerry, Sharyn E.; Yuan, Ling.1. MADS and more: transcription factors that shape the plant / Rainer Melzer and Günter Thei€en -- 2. In silico mining and PCR-based approaches to transcription factor discovery in non-model plants: gene diversity of the WRKY transcription factors in conifers / Jun-Jun Liu and Yu Xiang -- 3. Isolation of plant transcription factors using a yeast one-hybrid system / Tatiana Pyvovarenko and Sergiy Lopato -- 4. A transposon-based activation tagging system for gene function discovery in arabidopsis / Nayelli Marsch-Martinez -- 5. CRWA-T, an effective gene silencing system utilizing chimeric repressors / Nobutaka Mitsuda, Kyoko Matsui, Miho Ikeda, Masaru Nakata, Yoshimi Oshima, Yukari Nagatoshi, and Masaru Ohme-Takagi -- 6. Analysis of a transcription factor using transient assay in arabidopsis protoplasts / Yuji Iwata, Mi-Hyun Lee, and Nozomu Koizumi -- 7. Microarray-based identification of transcription factor target genes / Maartje Gorte, Anneke Horstman, Robert B. Page, Renze Heidstra, Arnold Stromberg and Kim Boutilier -- 8. Yeast protein-protein interaction assays and screens / Stefan de Folter and Richard G.H. Immink -- 9. Mapping functional domains of transcription factors / Ling Zhu and Enamul Huq -- 10. Biomolecular fluorescence complementation as a tool to study interactions of regulatory proteins in plant protoplasts / Sitakanta Pattanaik, Joshua R. Werkman, and Ling Yuan -- 11. Isolation of transcription factor complexes from arabidopsis cell suspension cultures by tandem affinity purification / Jelle Van Leene, Dominique Eeckhout, Geert Persiau, Eveline Van De Slijke, Jan Geerinck, Gert Van Isterdael, Erwin Witters, and Geert De Jaeger -- 12. Assaying transcription factor stability / Jasmina Kurepa and Jan A. Smalle -- 13. How to access the intercellular trafficking of transcription factors / Munawar Ahmad, Won Kyong Cho, Yeonggil Rim, Lijun Huang, and Jae-Yean Kim -- 14. SELEX (systematic evolution of ligands by exponential enrichment), as a powerful tool for deciphering the protein-DNA interaction space / Chenglin Chai, Zidian Xie, and Erich Grotewold -- 15. Footprinting and missing nucleoside analysis of transcription factor-DNA complexes / Ivana L. Viola and Daniel H. Gonzalez -- 16. Chromatin immunoprecipitation to verify or to identify in vivo protein-DNA interactions / Yumei Zheng and Sharyn E. Perry -- 17. Visualizing and characterizing invivo DNA-binding events and direct target genes of plant transcription factors / Jose M. Muiño, Gerco C. Angenent, and Kerstin Kaufmann -- 18. Mapping in vivo protein-DNA interactions in plants by DamID, a DNA adenine methylation-based method / Sophie Germann and Valérie Gaudin -- 19. Directed evolution through DNA shuffling for the improvement and understanding of genes and promoters / Joshua R. Werkman, Sitakanta Pattanaik, and Ling Yuan.
- 2012 SpringerCasacuberta, Josep M.; Grandbastien, Marie-Angèle.Transposable elements are DNA sequences with the capacity to move within a genome. Although their presence and impact has long been known, the recent genome-wide analysis of many eukaryotic genomes has uncovered their major role in genome dynamics and function. The present book explains how to recognize and study transposable elements, e.g. by using state-of-the-art strategies based on new-generation sequencing. Moreover, the impact of transposable elements on plant genome structure and function is reviewed in detail and illustrated in examples and case studies. The book is intended both for readers familiar with the field and for newcomers. With large-scale sequencing becoming increasingly available, more and more people will come across transposable element sequences in their data, and this volume will hopefully help to convince them that transposable elements are not just "junk" DNA, and may actually be the most interesting and fun part of their data!
- 2013 Springer ProtocolsPeterson, Thomas.Historical overview of transposable element research / P.A. Peterson -- Distinguishing variable phenotypes from variegation caused by transposon activities / V. Walbot -- Using transposons for genetic mosaic analysis of plant development / P.W. Becraft -- Survey of natural and transgenic gene markers used to monitor transposon activity / L. Krishnaswamy and T. Peterson -- Molecular biology of maize Ac/Ds elements: An overview / K. Lazarow, M.L. Doll and R. Kunze -- Gene tagging with engineered Ds elements in maize / Y. Li, G. Segal, Q. Wangm H.K. Donner -- Plant regeneration methods for rapid generation of a large scale Ds transposant population in rice / Y.H. Xuan [and nine others] -- Isolation of sequences flanking Ac insertion sites by Ac casting / D. Wang and T. Peterson -- Regulation of the mutator system of transposons in maize / D. Lisch -- Using MuDR/Mu transposons in directed tagging strategies / V. Walbot and J. Questa -- Genetic and molecular analyses of UniformMu transposon insertion lines / D.R. McCarty, M. Suzuki, C. Hunter, J. Collins, W.T. Avigne, K.E. Koch -- Digestion-ligation-amplification (DLA): A simple genome walking method to amplify unknown sequences flanking mutator (Mu) transposons and thereby facilitate gene cloning / S. Liu, A.P. Hsia and P.S. Schnable -- Molecular genetics and epigenetics of CACTA elements / N.V. Fedoroff -- Activation tagging using the maize En-I transposon system for the identification of abiotic stress resistance genes in arabidopsis / A. Harb and A. Pereira -- Reverse genetics in rice using Tos17 / D. Mieulet, A. Dievart, G. Droc, N. Lanau, E. Guiderdoni -- Identification and applications of the Petunia Class II Act1/dTph1 transposable element system / T. Gerats, J. Zethof and M. Vandenbussche -- Transposon display: A versatile method for transposon tagging / M. Vandenbussche, J. Zethof and T. Gerats -- Massive indexed parallel identification of transposon flanking sequences / M. Vandenbussche, J. Zethof and T. Gerats -- Use of next generation sequencing (NGS) technologies for the genome-wide detection of transposition / M. Elbaidouri, C. Chaparro and O. Panaud -- Overview of repeat annotation and de novo repeat identification / N. Jiang -- Computational methods for identification of DNA transposons / N. Jiang -- Tenest 2.0: Computational annotation and visualization of nested transposable elements / B.A. Kronmiller and R.P. Wise.
- 2014 SpringerGleba, Yuri; Palmer, Kenneth.In this volume, the authors provide an excellent overview of how far the plant viral vector field has come. The discipline is no longer exclusively in the domain of academics-there is a small, but growing number of small biotechnology companies that exploit plant viruses as the platform for commercial innovation in crop improvement, industrial product manufacturing, and human and veterinary health care.
- 2008 Springer ProtocolsFoster, Gary D.
- Plant virology protocols : new approaches to detect viruses and host responses. Third edition. [3rd ed.]2015 Springer ProtocolsMasuta, Chikara; Uyeda, Ichiro.Detection of plant viruses in mixed infection by a macroarray-assisted method -- RT-PCR and real-time RT-PCR methods for the detection of potato virus Y in potato leaves and tubers -- A new method to isolate total dsRNA -- Multiplex RT-PCR method for the simultaneous detection of nine grapevine viruses -- Detection methods for rice viruses by a reverse-transcription loop-mediated isothermal amplification (RT-LAMP) -- Real-time PCR protocols for the quantification of the begomovirus tomato yellow leaf curl sardinia virus in tomato plants and in its insect vector -- Detection and analysis of non-retroviral RNA virus-like elements in plant, fungal, and insect genomes -- Detection of plant viruses in natural environments by using RNA-seq -- Cloning and profiling of small RNAs from cucumber mosaic virus satellite rna -- Drawing sirnas of viral origin out from plant siRNAs libraries -- Viral detection by high-throughput sequencing -- Analysis and application of viroid-specific small RNAs generated by viroid-inducing RNA silencing -- Detection and characterization of mycoviruses in arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi by deep-sequencing -- Supersage as an analytical tool for host and viral gene expression -- Microarray analysis of R-gene-mediated resistance to viruses -- Construction of infectious cDNA clones derived from the potyviruses clover yellow vein virus and bean yellow mosaic virus -- Virus-induced gene silencing of n gene in tobacco by apple latent spherical virus vectors -- Simplified methods for the construction of RNA and DNA virus infectious clones -- Efficient double-stranded RNA production methods for utilization in plant virus control -- Detection of plant virus in meristem by immunohistochemistry and in situ hybridization
- 2011 Future MedBuonaguro, Franco M.Plant-derived vaccines : technologies & applications / Franco M. Buonaguro -- Patents and molecular farming / Pascal M.W. Drake & Harry Thangaraj -- In planta production of recombinant and indigenous adjuvants / Antonio Granell, Asun Fernandez-del-Carmen & Diego Orzáez -- Rapid and high-yield production of immunotherapeutic plant-made antibodies / Cristina Capodicasa, Marcello Donini, Maria Elena Villani & Eugenio Benvenuto -- Vaccine peptide display on recombinant tobacco mosaic virus particles / Tatiana V. Komarova, Igor V. Petrunia & Yuri L. Dorokhov -- Plastid transformation as a tool for plant-based production of vaccines and therapeutic proteins / Paolo Lenzi, Nunzia Scotti, Pal Maliga & Teodoro Cardi -- Prophylactic and therapeutic HPV vaccines from plants / Edward P. Rybicki, Colomba Giorgi & Rosella Franconi -- Plant-derived anti-HIV-1 proteins / Nunzia Scotti, Luigi Buonaguro, Maria Lina Tornesello, Teodoro Cardi & Franco Maria Buonaguro -- Plant-based hepatitis B vaccines / Sergei N. Shchelkunov & Galina A. Shchelkunova -- Influenza vaccines : new perspectives from plants / Chiara Lico, Giampaolo Buriani, Floriana Capuano, Eugenio Benvenuto & Selene Baschieri -- Plant-made mucosal vaccines / Rurick K. Salyaev, Maria Manuela Rigano & Natalya I. Rekoslavskaya -- Current status of plant-made veterinary vaccines / Assunta Pelosi, Claire Penney, Huai-Yian Ling & Amanda M. Walmsley.
- 2006 Springer ProtocolsRonald, Pamela C.The use of protoplasts to study innate immune responses / Ping He, Libo Shan, and Jen Sheen -- Marker-exchange mutagenesis and complementation strategies for the gram-negative bacteria Xanthomonas oryzae pv. oryzae / Sang-Won Lee and Pamela C. Ronald -- Whole-genome analysis to identify type III-secreted effectors / Boris A. Vinatzer and Jean T. Greenberg -- In planta expression of oomycete and fungal genes / Thirumala-Devi Kanneganti, Edgar Huitema, and Sophien Kamoun -- Use of nipponbare bac clones for physical mapping of an R gene locus in rice / Jong-Seong Jeon and Pamela C. Ronald -- Agrobacterium-mediated transformation to create an insertion library in magnaporthe grisea / Sara L.Tucker and Marc J. Orbach -- Identification of components in disease-resistance signaling in arabidopsis by map-based cloning / Yuelin Zhang, Jane Glazebrook, and Xin Li -- Yeast two-hybrid approaches to dissecting the plant defense response / Mawsheng Chern, Todd Richter, and Pamela C. Ronald -- Use of rolling-circle amplification for large-scale yeast two-hybrid analyses / Xiaodong Ding, Yan Zhang, and Wen-Yuan Song -- Preparative denaturing isoelectric focusing for enhancing sensitivity of proteomic studies / Antonio Serna-Sanz, Greg Rairdan, and Scott C. Peck -- Use of massively parallel signature sequencing to study genes expressed during the plant defense response / Blake C. Meyers, Christian D. Haudenschild, and Kalyan Vemaraju -- Use of microarray analysis to dissect the plant defense response / Jane Glazebrook -- Use of robust long-serial analysis of gene expression to identify novel fungal and plant genes involved in host-pathogen interactions / Malali Gowda ... [et al.] -- Analysis of gene function in rice through virus-induced gene silencing / Xin Shun Ding, C. Srinivasa Rao, and Richard S. Nelson -- Use of RNA interference to dissect defense-signaling pathways in rice / Chuansheng Mei, Xiangjun Zhou, and Yinong Yang -- Virus-induced gene silencing in plant roots / Isgouhi Kaloshian -- Methods for engineering resistance to plant viruses / Mysore R. Sudarshana, Gourgopal Roy, and Bryce W. Falk -- Development of genetically engineered resistant papaya for papaya ringspot virus in a timely manner: a comprehensive and successful approach / Savarni Tripathi, Jon Suzuki, and Dennis. Gonsalves.
- 2009 SpringerKarasev, Alexander V.Plant vaccines: an immunological perspective / D.C. Hooper -- Display of peptides on the surface of tobacco mosaic virus particles / M.L. Smith ... [et al.] -- Chloroplast-derived vaccine antigens and biopharmaceuticals: expression, folding, assembly and functionality / S. Chebolu and H. Daniell -- Production of antibodies in plants: approaches and perspectives / K. Ko, R. Brodzik and Z. Steplewski -- Plant production of veterinary vaccines and therapeutics / R.W. Hammond and L.G. Nemchinov -- Plant-based oral vaccines: results of human trials / C.O. Tacket.Also available: Print – 2009
- 2009 SpringerBuchner, Ralf; Halbritter, Heidemarie; Hesse, Michael; Weber, Martina; Zetter, Reinhard.
- 2015 Springer ProtocolsHunt, Arthur G.; Li, Qingshun Quinn.Computational analysis of plant polyadenylation signals / Xiaohui Wu , Guoli Ji , and Qingshun Quinn Li -- Prediction of plant mRNA polyadenylation sites / Xiaohui Wu , Guoli Ji , and Qingshun Quinn Li -- Extraction of poly(A) sites from large-scale RNA-seq data / Min Dong ... [et al.] -- Poly(A)-tag deep sequencing data processing to extract poly(A) sites / Xiaohui Wu, Guoli Ji, and Qingshun Quinn Li -- Analysis of poly(A) site choice using a java-based clustering algorithm / Patrick E. Thomas -- RADPRE : a computational program for identification of differential mRNA processing including alternative polyadenylation / Denghui Xing and Qingshun Quinn Li -- Characterization of plant polyadenylation complexes by using tandem affinity purification / Hongwei Zhao, Xinfu Ye, and Qingshun Quinn Li -- In vitro analysis of cleavage and polyadenylation in Arabidopsis / Hongwei Zhao and Qingshun Quinn Li -- Production, purification, and assay of recombinant proteins for in vitro biochemical analyses of the plant polyadenylation complex / Stephen A. Bell and Balasubrahmanyam Addepalli -- Detection of disulfide linkage by chemical derivatization and mass spectrometry / Balasubrahmanyam Addepalli -- Transient expression using agroinfiltration to study polyadenylation in plants / Carol Von Lanken and Arthur G. Hunt -- 3' RACE protocol to confirm polyadenylation sites / Liuyin Ma and Arthur G. Hunt -- Phage display library screening for identification of interacting protein partners / Balasubrahmanyam Addepalli, Suryadevara Rao, and Arthur G. Hunt -- Genome- wide determination of poly(A) site choice in plants / Pratap Kumar Pati, Liuyin Ma, and Arthur G. Hunt -- DNA/RNA hybrid primer mediated poly(A) tag library construction for illumina sequencing / Man Liu, Xiaohui Wu, and Qingshun Quinn Li -- Poly(A) tag library construction from 10 ng total RNA / Jingyi Cao and Qingshun Quinn Li -- Rapid, simple, and inexpensive method for the preparation of strand-specific RNA-seq libraries / Arthur G. Hunt -- Genome-wide analysis of distribution of RNA polymerase II isoforms using ChIP-Seq / Laura de Lorenzo.
- 2006 CRCnetBASEHeber, David; Schulman, Risa N.; Seeram, Navindra P.Pomegranate phytochemicals / Navindra P. Seeram ... [et al.] -- Antioxidative properties of pomegranate : in vitro studies / Mira Rosenblat and Michael Aviram -- Bioavailability of pomegranate polyphenols / Francisco A. Tomas-Barberan, Navindra P. Seeram, and Juan Carlos Espin -- Protection against cardiovascular disease / Bianca Fuhrman and Michael Aviram -- Protection against stroke / Marva I. Sweeney-Nixon -- Anticancer potential of pomegranate / Shishir Shishodia ... [et al.] -- Molecular mechanisms of chemoprevention of cancer by pomegranate / Deeba Syed ... [et al.] -- Pomegranate and prostate cancer chemoprevention / John T. Leppert and Allan J. Pantuck -- Accessment of estrogenicity of pomegranate in an in vitro bioassay / Diane M. Harris, Emily Besselink, and Navindra P. Seeram -- Absence of significant estrogenic effects in the postmenopausal population / Michelle P. Warren ... [et al.] -- Antimicrobial activities of pomegranate / G.K. Jayaprakasha, P.S. Negi, B.S. Jena -- Commercialization of pomegranates : fresh fruit, beverages, and botanical extracts / Navindra P. Seeram, Yanjun Zhang, and David Heber -- Pomegranates: a botanical perspective / David W. Still -- Postharvest biology and technology of pomegranates / Adel A. Kader.
- 2007 SpringerCallaway, Ragan M.
- 2013 ScienceDirectBone, Kerry; Mills, Simon.Machine generated contents note: pt. ONE Background and strategies -- 1.Herbal therapeutic systems -- 2.Principles of herbal pharmacology -- 3.Principles of herbal treatment -- 4.Validating herbal therapeutics -- 5.Optimising safety -- pt. TWO Practical clinical guides -- 6.Dosage and dosage forms in herbal medicine -- 7.A systematic approach to herbal prescribing -- 8.Herbal approaches to pathological states -- Topical applications -- Fever -- Infectious diseases -- Inflammatory and autoimmune diseases -- Fatigue and debility -- Malignant diseases -- 9.Herbal approaches to system dysfunctions -- Digestive system and bowel -- Biliary system -- The liver -- Cardiovascular system -- Respiratory system -- Urinary system -- Nervous system -- Female reproductive system -- Joint diseases -- Skin diseases -- Male reproductive system -- Endocrine disorders -- pt. THREE Materia Medica -- 10.How to use the monographs -- Andrographis -- Arnica flowers -- Astragalus -- Bearberry -- Contents note continued: Berberis bark and Hydrastis root -- Bilberry fruit -- Black cohosh -- Boswellia -- Buchu -- Bugleweed and European bugleweed -- Bupleurum -- Butcher's broom -- Chamomile, German -- Chaste tree -- Chelidonium -- Devil's claw -- Dong quai -- Echinacea root -- Evening primrose oil -- Eyebright -- Fennel fruit -- Feverfew -- Ginger -- Ginkgo -- Ginseng -- Globe artichoke -- Gotu kola -- Hawthorn -- Horsechestnut seed -- Kava -- Licorice -- Meadowsweet -- Melilotus -- Myrrh -- Nettle -- Pau d'arco -- Peppermint -- Poke root -- Rehmannia -- Saw palmetto -- Siberian ginseng -- St John's wort -- St Mary's thistle -- Thyme -- Tribulus leaf -- Turmeric -- Valerian -- Willow bark -- Witchhazel -- Withania.
- 2005 Springer
- 2009 Springer ProtocolsJain, S. Mohan; Saxena, Praveen K.Establishment of adventitious root cultures of Echinacea purpurea for the production of caffeic acid derivatives / K.Y. Paek, H.N. Murthy and E.J. Hahn -- In vitro propagation of Rauwolfia serpentina using liquid medium, assessment of genetic fidelity of micropropagated plants, and simultaneous quantitation of reserpine, ajmaline, and ajmalicine / M.K. Goel ... [et al.] -- Medicinal properties, in vitro protocols and secondary metabolite analyses of Scots pine / H. Haggman ... [et al.] -- Saussurea medusa cell suspension cultures for flavonoid production / C.Z. Liu and P.K. Saxena -- Large-scale in vitro multiplication of Crataeva nurvala / S.B. Babbar, N. Walia and A. Kaur -- Bilberry in vitro protocols and analyses of phenolic compounds / L. Jaakola ... [et al.] -- In vitro propagation of two tuberous medicinal plants: Holostemma ada-kodien and Ipomoea mauritiana / S.P. Geetha ... [et al.] -- In vitro production of gymnemic acid from Gymnema sylvestre (Retz) R. Br. Ex Roemer and Schultes through callus culture under abiotic stress conditions / A.B. Ali Ahmed, A.S. Rao and M.V. Rao -- Establishment of plant regeneration and cryopreservation system from zygotic embryo-derived embryogenic cell suspension cultures of Ranunculus kazusensis / S.W. Kim and M.J. Oh -- In vitro culture and secondary metabolite isolation in bryophytes / A. Sabovljevic, M. Sabovljevic and N. Jockovic -- Micropropagation and in vitro conservation of vanilla (Vanilla planifolia Andrews) / M. Divakaran and K.N. Babu -- Protocol for in vitro regeneration and marker glycoside assessment in Swertia chirata Buch-Ham / S. Koul ... [et al.] -- Protocols for establishment of an in vitro collection of medicinal plants in the genus Scutellaria / I.B. Cole, F.T. Farooq and S.J. Murch -- Protocols for in vitro culture and phytochemical analysis of Phyllanthus species (Euphorbiaceae) / E. Catapan ... [et al.] -- In vitro clonal propagation of Asparagus racemosus, a high value medicinal plant / S. Saxena and N. Bopana -- Micropropagation of Penthorum chinense through axillary buds / J. Yang and Z.S. Peng -- Spontaneous plant regeneration and production of secondary metabolites from hairy root cultures of Centaurium erythraea Rafn / A. Subotic ... [et al.] -- Transgenic Hypericum perforatum / G. Franklin, M.M. Oliveira and A.C. Dias -- Agrobacterium-mediated transformation of Ruta graveolens L / K. Lievre ... [et al.] -- Gene expression profiling in Taxus baccata L. seedlings and cell cultures / K. Brun akova and J. Kosuth -- Catapol production in Chinese foxglove (Rehmannia glutinosa Libos.) hairy roots transformed with Agrobacterium rhizogenes ATCC15834 / S.J. Hwang -- Identification of medicinal plants and plant sequences: multiplexed MLPA assay / R.A. Barthelson -- Isolation of microsatellites from Catharanthus roseus (L.) G. Don using enriched libraries / S. Bhatia and B. Shokeen -- Production of cinnamyl glycosides in compact callus aggregate cultures of Rhodiola rosea through biotransformation of cinnamyl alcohol / Z. Gyorgy and A. Hohtola -- Spearmint plantlet culture system as a means to study secondary metabolism / B. Tisserat, M. Berhow and S.F. Vaughn -- Bioreactor production of secondary metabolites from cell cultures of periwinkle and sandalwood / J.V. Valluri -- Camptothecin production by in vitro cultures and plant regeneration in Ophiorrhiza species / T. Asano ... [et al.] -- Metabolomic analysis of Ocotea odorifera cell cultures: a model protocol for acquiring metabolite data / M. Maraschin ... [et al.] -- Production of 9-methoxycanthin-6-one from callus cultures of (Eurycoma longifolia Jack) Tongkat Ali / M. Maziah and N. Rosli -- Plant secondary metabolism in altered gravity / L.K. Tuominen, L.H. Levine and M.E. Musgrave -- The role of biotechnology in the production of the anticancer compound podophyllotoxin / H. Lata, C.S. Mizuno and R.M. Moraes.
- 2013 Springer ProtocolsJain, S. Mohan; Lambardi, Maurizio; Ozudogru, Elif Aylin.Micropropagation of pear (Pyrus sp.) / Barbara M. Reed [and others] -- In vitro propagation of jojoba / Berta E. Llorente and Nancy M. Apóstolo -- In vitro propagation of olive (Olea europaea L.) by nodal segmentation of elongated shoots / Maurizio Lambardi, Elif Aylin Ozudogru, and Romano Roncasaglia -- Micropropagation systems of feijoa (Acca sellowiana (O. Berg) burret) / Miguel Pedro Guerra [and others] -- Micropropagation of Vaccinium sp. by in vitro axillary shoot proliferation / Wojciech Litwinczuk -- In vitro propagation of peanut (Arachis hypogaea L.) by shoot tip culture / Elif Aylin Ozudogru, Ergun Kaya, and Maurizio Lambardi -- In vitro propagation of persimmon (Diospyros kaki Thunb.) / Edgardo Giordani, Mar Naval, and Carla Benelli -- Micropropagation of Citrus spp. by organogenesis and somatic embryogenesis / Benedetta Chiancone and Maria Antonietta Germanà -- Micropropagation of Prunus species relevant to cherry fruit production / Philippe Druart -- Micropropagation of peach rootstocks and cultivars / Ildikó Balla and Lucienne Mansvelt -- Micropropagation of Rubus and Ribes spp / Ewa Dziedzic and Joanna Jagła -- Somatic embryogenesis for efficient micropropagation of guava (Psidium guajava L.) / Nasim Akhtar -- Micropropagation of chokeberry by in vitro axillary shoot proliferation / Wojciech Litwińczuk -- Micropropagation of Lavandula spp / Sandra Gonçalves and Anabela Romano -- In vitro propagation of Acacia mangium and A. mangium? A. auriculiformis / Olivier Monteuuis, Antoine Galiana, and Doreen Goh -- In vitro propagation of ash (Fraxinus excelsior L.) by somatic embryogenesis / Maurizio Capuana -- Micropropagation of paradise tree (Melia azedarach) by in vitro culture of axillary buds / Luis A. Mroginski and Hebe Y. Rey -- In Vitro Propagation of Hydrangea spp / Barbara Ruffoni, Ermanno Sacco, and Marco Savona -- In vitro propagation of fraser photinia using Azospirillum-mediated root development / Berta E. Llorente and Ezequiel E. Larraburu -- Micropropagation of Helleborus through axillary budding / Margherita Beruto, Serena Viglione, and Alessandro Bisignano -- Micropropagation of Cordyline terminalis / Tui Ray, Prasenjit Saha, and Satyesh C. Roy -- Micropropagation of african violet (Saintpaulia ionantha Wendl.) / Mukund Shukla [and others] -- Micropropagation of Iris sp / Sladana Jevremovic, Zoran Jeknic, and Angelina Subotic -- Micropropagation of Gerbera (Gerbera jamesonii Bolus) / Ghani Minerva and Surinder Kumar -- Micropropagation of onion (Allium cepa L.) from immature inflorescences / Pablo Marinangeli -- In vitro propagation of cauliflower using curd microexplants / Martin Kieffer and Michael P. Fuller -- Micropropagation of Asparagus by in vitro shoot culture / Nataša Štajner -- Micropropagation and cryopreservation of garlic (Allium sativum L.) / E.R. Joachim Keller and Angelika Senula -- Micropropagation of globe artichoke (Cynara cardunculus L. var. scolymus) / Giovanni Iapichino -- In vitro rejuvenation of woody species / Paul E. Read and Christina M. Bavougian -- Encapsulation of in vitro- derived explants : an innovative tool for nurseries / Alvaro Standardi and Maurizio Micheli -- Thermotherapy, chemotherapy, and meristem culture in banana / Ludivine Lassois [and others] -- Agrobacterium-mediated genetic transformation of pineapple (Ananas comosus L., Merr.) / Minal Mhatre -- Protocol for inducing flower color somaclonal variation in Torenia (Torenia fournieri Lind.) / Duong Tan Nhut [and others] -- Production of pathogen-free horticultural crops by cryotherapy of in vitro-grown shoot tips / Chaohong Feng [and others].
- 2009 Springer ProtocolsFaye, Loïc; Gomord, Véronique.From Neanderthal to nanobiotech : from plant potions to pharming with plant factories / Christophe Sourrouille ... [et al.] -- Cowpea mosaic virus-based systems for the expression of antigens and antibodies in plants / Frank Sainsbury, Li Liu, and George P. Lomonossoff -- Transient expression of antibodies in plants using syringe agroinfiltration / Marc-André D'Aoust ... [et al.] -- Rapid system for evaluating bioproduction capacity of complex pharmaceutical proteins in plants / Giuliana Medrano ... [et al.] -- Production and localization of recombinant pharmaceuticals in transgenic seeds / Thomas Rademacher, Elsa Arcalis, and Eva Stoger -- Production of antibody fragments in Arabidopsis seeds / Bart Van Droogenbroeck, Kirsten De Wilde, and Ann Depicker -- Production of plantibodies in Nicotiana plants / Marta Ayala ... [et al.] -- Physcomitrella patens : a non-vascular plant for recombinant protein production / David Liénard and Fabien Nogué -- Production of recombinant proteins in suspension-cultured plant cells / Carole Plasson ... [et al.] -- Chloroplast-derived vaccine antigens and biopharmaceuticals : protocols for expression, purification, or oral delivery and functional evaluation / N. Dolendro Singh, Yi Ding, and Henry Daniell -- Protein body induction : a new tool to produce and recover recombinant proteins in plants / Margarita Torrent, Imma Llop-Tous, and M. Dolors Ludevid -- A case study for plant-made pharmaceuticals comparing different plant expression and production systems / Guy Vancanneyt ... [et al.] -- Glycosylation of antibody therapeutics : optimisation for purpose / Roy Jefferis -- N-glycosylation of plant recombinant pharmaceuticals / Muriel Bardor ... [et al.] -- Companion protease inhibitors to protect recombinant proteins in transgenic plant extracts / Meriem Benchabane ... [et al.] -- Strategies for improving vaccine antigens expression in transgenic plants : fusion to carrier sequences / Jose M. Escribano and Daniel M. Perez-Filgueira -- Immunomodulation of plant function by in vitro selected single-chain Fv intrabodies / Manfred Gahrtz and Udo Conrad -- On-chip detection of low-molecular-weight recombinant proteins in plant crude extracts by SELDI-TOF MS / Amine M. Badri ... [et al.] -- Assessing the risk of undesirable immunogenicity/allergenicity of plant-derived therapeutic proteins / Paul D. Chamberlain -- Biosafety, risk assessment, and regulation of plant-made pharmaceuticals / Penelope A.C. Sparrow and Richard M. Twyman.
- 2007 SpringerBassett, Carole Leavel.
- 2001 ScienceDirectMatthews, Benjamin F.; Romeo, John T.; Saunders, James A.
- 2014 CRCnetBASEAmpong-Nyarko, Kwesi; Cuerrier, Alain.Chapter 1. Taxonomy of Rhodiola rosea L., with special attention to molecular analyses of Nunavik (Québec) populations / Alain Cuerrier, Mariannick Archambault, Michel Rapinski, and Anne Bruneau -- Chapter 2. Ethnobotany and conservation of Rhodiola species / Alain Cuerrier, Youri Tendland, and Michel Rapinski -- Chapter 3. Phytochemistry of Rhodiola rosea / Fida Ahmed, Vicky Filion, Ammar Saleem, and John T. Arnason -- Chapter 4. Cultivation of Rhodiola rosea in Europe / Bertalan Galambosi -- Chapter 5. Rhodiola rosea cultivation in Canada and Alaska / Kwesi Ampong-Nyarko -- Chapter 6. Diseases of wild and cultivated Rhodiola rosea / Sheau-Fang Hwang, Stephen E. Strelkov, Kwesi Ampong-Nyarko, and Ron J. Howard -- Chapter 7. Biotechnology of Rhodiola rosea / Zsuzsanna György -- Chapter 8. Pharmacological activities of Rhodiola rosea / Fida Ahmed, Steffany A.L. Bennett, and John T. Arnason -- Chapter 9. Evidence-based efficacy and effectiveness of Rhodiola SHR-5 extract in treating stress- and age- associated disorders / Alexander Panossian and Georg Wikman -- Chapter 10. Rhodiola rosea in psychiatric and medical practice / Patricia L. Gerbarg, Petra A. Illig, and Richard P. Brown -- Chapter 11. Toxicology and safety of Rhodiola rosea / Hugh Semple and Brandie Bugiak -- Chapter 12. Commercialization of Rhodiola rosea / Nav Sharma and Raimar Loebenberg.
- 2013 Springer ProtocolsYang, Yinong.Rice artificial hybridization for genetic analysis / Xueyan Sha -- Fluorescence in situ hybridization techniques for cytogenetic and genomic analyses / Jason G. Walling, Wenli Zhang, and Jiming Jiang -- Generation of rice mutants by chemical mutagenesis / Thomas H. Tai -- TILLING and ecotilling for rice / Jennifer L. Cooper [and others] -- Functional characterization of rice genes using a gene-indexed T-DNA insertional mutant population / Ki-Hong Jung and Gynheung An -- QTL analysis and map-based cloning of salt tolerance gene in rice / Ji-Ping Gao and Hong-Xuan Lin -- Site-specific gene integration in rice / Vibha Srivastava -- Transcriptome profiling analysis using rice oligonucleotide microarrays / Ki-Hong Jung and Pamela C. Ronald -- Cloning of small RNAs for the discovery of novel microRNAs in plants / Guru Jagadeeswaran and Ramanjulu Sunkar -- Global identification of small RNA targets in plants by sequencing sliced ends of messenger RNAs / Yong-Fang Li and Ramanjulu Sunkar -- Artificial microRNAs for specific gene silencing in rice / Norman Warthmann [and others] -- Rice proteomic analysis : sample preparation for protein identification / Ganesh Kumar Agrawal [and others] -- Quantification of jasmonic and salicylic acids in rice seedling leaves / Kyoungwon Cho [and others] -- Analysis of insect-induced volatiles from rice / Nan Zhao [and others] -- Phenotypic and physiological evaluation for drought and salinity stress responses in rice / Utlwang Batlang [and others] -- Phenotypic, physiological, and molecular evaluation of rice chilling stress response at the vegetative stage / Benildo G. de los Reyes [and others] -- Analysis of rice root hair morphology using cryo-scanning electron microscopy / Zhiming Yu -- Inoculation and virulence assay for bacterial blight and bacterial leaf streak of rice / Bing Yang and Adam Bogdanove -- Inoculation and scoring methods for rice sheath blight disease / Yulin Jia [and others] -- Molecular approaches to improve rice abiotic stress tolerance / Junya Mizoi and Kazuko Yamaguchi-Shinozaki -- Molecular strategies to improve rice disease resistance / Emily E. Helliwell and Yinong Yang -- Molecular strategies to engineer transgenic rice seed compartments for large-scale production of plant-made pharmaceuticals / Trevor Greenham and Illimar Altosaar.
- 2011 Springer ProtocolsKodama, Hiroaki; Komamine, Atsushi.Overview of plant RNAi / Yuichiro Watanabe -- Caveat of RNAi in plants : the off-target effect / Muthappa Senthil-Kumar and Kirankumar S. Mysore -- Plant gateway vectors for RNAi as a tool for functional genomic studies / Toshiya Muranaka -- Heat-inducible RNAi for gene functional analysis in plants / Frederic Masclaux and Jean-Philippe Galaud -- Gene function analysis by artificial microRNAs in Physcomitrella patens / Basel Khraiwesh [and others] -- Virus-induced gene silencing in ornamental plants / Cai-Zhong Jiang, Jen-Chih Chen, and Michael Reid -- Local RNA silencing mediated by agroinfiltration / Jutta Maria Helm, Elena Dadami, and Kriton Kalantidis -- Direct transfer of synthetic double-stranded RNA into protoplasts of Arabidopsis thaliana / Ha-il Jung, Zhiyang Zhai, and Olena K. Vatamaniuk -- Detection of long and short double-stranded RNAs / Toshiyuki Fukuhara [and others] -- Quantitative stem-loop RT-PCR for detection of microRNAs / Erika Varkonyi-Gasic and Roger P. Hellens -- Large-scale sequencing of plant small RNAs / William P. Donovan, Yuanji Zhang, and Miya D. Howell -- Computational prediction of plant miRNA targets / Ying-Hsuan Sun [and others] -- Bisulfite sequencing for cytosine-methylation analysis in plants / Nazmul Haque and Masamichi Nishiguchi -- Using nuclear run-on transcription assays in RNAi studies / Basel Khraiwesh -- Proteomic analysis of RNA interference induced knockdown plant / Sang Yeol Lee and Kyun Oh Lee -- Comparative analysis of phosphoprotein expression using 2D-DIGE / Tomoya Asano and Takumi Nishiuchi.
- 2006Noltie, Henry J.
- 2011 SpringerOliveira, António Costa de; Varshney, R. K.With the predicted increase of the human population and the subsequent need for larger food supplies, root health in crop plants could play a major role in providing sustainable highly productive crops that can cope with global climate changes. While the essentiality of roots and their relation to plant performance is broadly recognized, less is known about their role in plant growth and development. "Root Genomics" examines how various new genomic technologies are rapidly being applied to the study of roots, including high-throughput sequencing and genotyping, Tilling, transcription.
- 2007 SpringerAhmad, A.; Hayat, S.
- 2006 SpringerKöhl, Michael; Magnussen, Steen; Marchetti, Marco.
- 2006 SpringerGrotewold, Erich.
- 2011 Springer ProtocolsKermode, Allison R."Understanding seed-related processes is of major social, environmental, and economic concern. The viability and vigor of seeds are the very basis for sustainable agriculture and forestry, and comprehending the molecular and cellular events underlying these processes will become increasingly important to many economical sectors and for species that provide the world's food supply. Seed Dormancy: Methods and Protocols covers analytical methods and approaches which have already lead to significant advances in the understanding of seed dormancy and germination. Chapters cover explanations of processes leading to the induction, maintenance, and termination of seed dormancy, the classification of different dormancy types, as well as an overview of protocols used for dormancy-termination of seeds of conifer species. This volume emphasizes methods essential for abscisic acid (ABA) analyses, including methods that have been important for receptor identification, analyses of ABA-catabolizing enzymes (the 8'-hydroxylases), and identification of novel signal transduction components, interacting partners, and/or response factors. The volume closes by addressing the development of new technologies, including spectroscopic methods (some of which allow for non-destructive sampling) as well as highly effective tissue-printing methods for seed dormancy research. Written in the successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible protocols, and notes on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls."--Publisher's description.
- 2002 CRCnetBASEKo, Kam-Ming.1. Shengmai San - a renowned traditional Chinese medicinal formula / Song-Ming Liang, Shu-Ying Chen, Si-Qian Liang -- 2. Pharmacological studies on Shengmai San / Kam-Ming Ko, Duncan H.F. Mak, Tze-Kin Yim and Yong-Quing Yan -- 3. Clinical studies on Shengmai San / Ye-Zhi Rong, Mei-Hua Zhao, Bao-Jing Lu, Xiang-Yang Zhu, Shang-Biao Lu, Ya-Chen Zhang, Jie Chen -- 4. Side effects of Shengmai San / Zhi-Min Xu and Ye-Zhi Rong -- 5. Phytochemistry and pharmacology of component herbs of Shengmai San / Siu-Po Ip, Timothy C.M. Tam and Chung-Tao Che -- 6. Contemporary applications of a traditional formula: manufacture of Shengmai San (SMS) preparations and their applications / Liang-Yuan Zheng -- Glossary.
- Solanaceae and convolvulaceae - secondary metabolites : biosynthesis, chemotaxonomy, biological and economic significance : a handbook2008 SpringerEich, Eckart.
- 2006 SpringerMujib, A.; Šamaj, Jozef.
- 2006 SpringerHoober, J. Kenneth; Wise, Robert R.
- Sustaining young forest communities : ecology and management of early successional habitats in the central hardwood region, USA2011 SpringerCollins, Beverly S.; Greenberg, Cathryn H.; Thompson, Frank R.This edited volume addresses a rising concern among natural resource scientists and management professionals about decline of the many plant and animal species associated with early-successional habitats, especially within the Central Hardwood Region of the USA. These open habitats, with herbaceous, shrub, or young forest cover, are disappearing as abandoned farmland, pastures, and cleared forest patches return to forest. There are many questions about 'why, what, where, and how' to manage for early successional habitats. In this book, expert scientists and experienced land managers synthesize knowledge and original scientific work to address critical questions sparked by the decline of early successional habitats.
- 2006 CRCnetBASELi, Thomas S. C.
- 2008 SpringerHancock, James F.
- 2008 CRCnetBASEKowalska, Teresa; Sherma, Joseph; Waksmundzka-Hajnos, Monika.
- 2006 SpringerKelly, Grahame J.; Latzko, E.
- 2006 SpringerInzé, D.; Matsuoka, K.; Nagata, T.
- v. 1-, 2002- CRCnetBase
- 2006 CRCnetBASESoumyanath, Amala.
- 2013 Springer ProtocolsZhang, Baohong.Transgenic cotton : from biotransformation methods to agricultural application / Baohong Zhang -- Genetically modified cotton in India and detection strategies / Gurinder Jit Randhawa and Rashmi Chhabra -- Agrobacterium-mediated transformation of cotton / Baohong Zhang -- Biolistic transformation of cotton zygotic embryo meristem / Kanniah Rajasekaran -- Biolistic transformation of cotton embryogenic cell suspension cultures / Kanniah Rajasekaran -- Cotton transformation via pollen tube pathway / Min Wang, Baohong Zhang, and Qinglian Wang -- Silicon carbide whisker-mediated transformation of cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.) / Muhammad Arshad, Yusuf Zafar, and Shaheen Asad -- Investigating transgene integration and organization in cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.) genome / Jun Zhang and Yan Hong -- Estimating the copy number of transgenes in transformed cotton by real-time quantitative PCR / Chengxin Yi and Yan Hong -- Development of enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the detection of Bt protein in transgenic cotton / Suchitra Kamle, Abhishek Ojha, and Arvind Kumar -- DNA-based diagnostics for genetically modified cotton : decaplex PCR assay to Differentiate MON531 and MON15985 Bt cotton events / Gurinder Jit Randhawa, Monika Singh, and Rashmi Chhabra -- Simple and rapid method for determining transgenic cotton plants / Baohong Zhang [and others] -- Efficient grafting technique for recovery of transgenic cotton plants / Min Wang, Qinglian Wang, and Baohong Zhang -- Inheritance of transgenes in transgenic Bt lines resistance to Helicoerpa armigera in upland cotton / Baolong Zhang, Wangzhen Guo, and Tianzhen Zhang -- Agrobacterium rhizogenes-induced cotton hairy root culture as an alternative tool for cotton functional genomics / Hee Jin Kim -- Overexpression of miR 156 in cotton via Agrobacterium-mediated transformation / Baohong Zhang [and others] -- Development of transgenic CryIA(c) + GNA cotton plants via pollen tube pathway method confers resistance to Helicoverpa armigera and Aphis gossypii Glover / Zhi Liu, Zhen Zhu, and Tianzhen Zhang -- Agrobacterium-mediated transformation of cotton (Gossypium hirsutum) shoot apex with a fungal phytase gene improves phosphorus acquisition / Zhiying Ma, Jianfeng Liu, and Xingfen Wang -- Genetic transformation of cotton with a harpin-encoding gene hpaXoo confers an enhanced defense response against Verticillium dahliae kleb / Weiguo Miao and Jingsheng Wang -- Development of insect-resistant transgenic cotton with chimeric TVip3A* accumulating in chloroplasts / Jiahe Wu and Yingchuan Tian -- Determining gene flow in transgenic cotton / Xiaoping Pan.
- 2009 Springer ProtocolsJones, Huw D.; Shewry, P. R.Transgenic wheat, barley and oats : production and characterization / Paul A. Lazzeri and Huw D. Jones -- Selection of transformed plants / Huw D. Jones and Caroline A. Sparks -- Reporter genes / Alison Huttly -- Biolistics transformation of wheat / Caroline A. Sparks and Huw D. Jones -- Agrobacterium-mediated transformation of bread and durum wheat using freshly isolated immature embryos / Huixia Wu, Angela Doherty and Huw D. Jones -- Floral transformation of wheat / Sujata Agarwal ... [et al.] -- Highly efficient agrobacterium-mediated transformation of wheat via in planta inoculation / Thierry Risacher ... [et al.] -- Barley transformation using biolistic techniques / Wendy A. Harwood and Mark A. Smedley -- Barley transformation using agrobacterium-mediated techniques / Wendy A. Harwood ... [et al.] -- Transformation of oats and its application to improving osmotic stress tolerance / Shahina B. Maqbool ... [et al.] -- Promoter sequences for defining transgene expression / Huw D. Jones and Caroline A. Sparks -- Down-regulation of gene expression by RNA-induced gene silencing / Silvia Travella and Beat Keller -- Gene insertion patterns and sites / Philippe Vain and Vera Thole -- Fluorescent in situ hybridization to detect transgene integration into plant genomes / Trude Schwarzacher -- Establishing substantial equivalence : transcriptomics / María Marcela Baudo ... [et al.] -- Establishing substantial equivalence : proteomics / Alison Lovegrove, Louise Salt, and Peter R. Shewry -- Establishing substantial equivalence : metabolomics / Michael H. Beale, Jane L. Ward, and John M. Baker -- Design and management of field trials of transgenic cereals / Zoltán Bedő, Mariann Rakszegi, and László Láng -- GM risk assessment / Penny A.C. Sparrow -- Transgenic wheat, barley and oats : future prospects / Jim M. Dunwell.
- 2007 CRCnetBASENirmal Babu, K.; Ravindran, P. N.; Sivaraman, K.
- 2013 Springer ProtocolsBecker, Annette.Virus-induced gene silencing (VIGS) in plants : an overview of target species and the virus-derived vector systems -- Rationale for developing new virus vectors to analyze gene function in grasses through virus-induced gene silencing -- Virus-induced gene silencing for rice using agroinoculation -- Utilizing virus-induced gene silencing for the functional characterization of maize genes during infection with the fungal pathogen ustilago maydis -- Analysis of developmental control genes using virus-induced gene silencing -- Virus-induced gene silencing in the rapid cycling columbine aquilegia coerulea Origami -- Virus-induced gene silencing of the alkaloid-producing basal eudicot model plant eschscholzia californica (California poppy) -- Virus-induced gene silencing using artificial miRNAs in nicotiana benthamiana -- The use of vigs technology to study plant-herbivore interactions -- Virus-aided gene expression and silencing using TRV for functional analysis of floral scent-related genes -- Virus-induced gene silencing in soybean and common bean -- Functional genomic analysis of cotton genes with agrobacterium-mediated virus-induced gene silencing -- Highly efficient virus-induced gene silencing in apple and soybean by apple latent spherical virus vector and biolistic inoculation -- VIGS : a tool to study fruit development in Solanum lycopersicum -- A protocol for VIGS in arabidopsis thaliana using a one-step TYMV-derived vector -- Virus-induced gene silencing in strawberry fruit.
- 2010 ScienceDirectBoekhout, T.; Fell, Jack W.; Kurtzman, C. P.Fully revised, updated and offered in a new two-volume format, The Yeasts: A Taxonomic Study, 5th Edition remains the most comprehensive presentation of yeast taxonomy and systematics available. Nearly 1500 species of ascomycete and basidiomycete yeasts are included, each description offering not only standard morphological and physiological characters, but also information on systematics, habitat, ecology, agricultural and biotechnological applications and clinical importance. Extensive introductory chapters discuss clinical aspects of yeasts, their role in biotechnology, food and beverage spoilage, agriculture and ecology, while other chapters include methodology for isolation of species from various habitats, phenotypic characterization, chemotaxonomy, gene sequence analysis and phylogenetics, including whole genome analysis. Additionally, easy-to-understand trees illustrate the phylogenetic placement of each species in its assigned genus as they have been determined from gene sequence analysis. This essential work, prepared by the leading experts in the field, is the most definitive treatment of taxonomy and systematics of yeasts on the market, and a necessary reference for any bookshelf or workbench. High quality photomicrographs and line drawings enhance world-class content Detailed trees clearly illustrate phylogenetic placement of each species in its assigned genus Discussion of clinical aspects of yeasts, including their role in biotechnology, agriculture and ecology help contextualize content for a wide range of researchers.
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Access restricted to Stanford community
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
Can't find it?
Look if we have it in print
- Springer Protocols
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more.
Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.MicroMedex: Premier pharmaceutical information source containing multiple databases and drug reference tools. Of particular value is DRUGDEX Evaluations, one of the most comprehensive drug sources available.DynaMed is a clinical information resource used by physicians to answer clinical questions quickly and easily at the point of care. Topics are updated daily as new evidence becomes available.Scopus is the largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature: scientific journals, books and conference proceedings.A drug information resource containing: American Hospital Formulary System (AHFS), drug formulary for Lucile Packard Children's Hospital (LPCH) and Stanford Hospital & Clinics (SHC), Lexi-Drugs (adverse reactions, dosage and administration, mechanism of action, storage, use, and administration information), Lexi-Calc, Lexi-ID, Lexi-I.V. Compatibility (King Guide), Lexi-Interact, and Lexi-PALS.Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature (CINAHL) contains coverage of nursing and allied health literature.A knowledge database that provides access to topic reviews based on over 6000 clinically relevant articles. The evidence-based content, updated regularly, provides the latest practice guidelines in 59 medical specialtiesProvides critical assessments of systematic reviews compiled from a variety of medical journals.Selects from the biomedical literature original studies and systematic reviews that are immediately clinically relevant and then summarizes these articles in an enhanced abstract with expert commentary.
Multidisciplinary coverage of over 10,000 high-impact journals in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities, as well as international proceedings coverage for over 120,000 conferences.
Includes cited reference searching, citation maps, and an analyze tool.
Features systematic reviews that summarize the effects of interventions and makes a determination whether the intervention is efficacious or not.
Cochrane reviews are created through a strict process of compiling and analyzing data from multiple randomized control trials to ensure comprehensiveness and reliability.Provides systematic coverage of the psychological literature from the 1800s to the present through articles, book chapters and dissertations.BMJ Clinical Evidence. A clinical information tool built around systematic reviews summarizing the current state of knowledge about prevention and treatment of clinical conditions.PIER (Physicians' Information and Education Resource) is a Web-based decision-support tool designed for rapid point-of-care delivery of up-to-date, evidence-based guidance for primary care physicians.Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials (CENTRAL) provides access to 300,000 controlled trials that have been identified the Cochrane Collaboration.Provides drug information targeted for patients.A continually updating drug monograph.The National Guideline Clearinghouse (NGC): A comprehensive database of evidence-based clinical practice guidelines and related documents.MedlinePlus: A repository of health information from the National Library of Medicine. Links are from trusted sites. No advertising, no endorsement of commercial companies or productsLPCH CareNotes via MicroMedex: Patient education handouts customized by LPCH clinical staffMicromedex Lab Advisor: Evidence based laboratory test informationA drug database organized by generic name, trade name and drug class.LPCH / Stanford Hospital Formulary.A goldmine of trusted consumer health information from the world's largest medical library.A trusted source of expert advice for and about kids, providing the information necessary to help patients and parents understand their unique needs.Provides patient handouts from the American Academy of Family Physician.Access to the Stanford Health Library for patients.Lane provides access to over 5,000 eBooks many of which provide helpful background material that will prepare you to better tackle primary literature.
Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities.
In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.
A web-based, decision support system for infectious diseases, epidemiology, microbiology and antimicrobial chemotherapy. The database, updated weekly, currently includes 337 diseases, 224 countries, 1,147 microbial taxa and 306 antibacterial (-fungal, -parasitic, -viral) agents and vaccines.
Over 10,000 notes outline the status of specific infections within each country.
Provides online, full-text access to Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers.
Subjects include: life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics and astronomy, engineering and economics. Also includes eBooks.Collection of over 8 thousand fulltext titles in engineering, math, and basic and applied biomedical research. Coverage is from 1967 to the present.A library of ebooks on a wide array of topics, digitized and made available online in conjunction with the original publishers.