Books by Subject
- Advances in algal biology ..............
- — Positive interactions and interdepend...
- Protocol for somatic embryogenesis in...
- — Yeasts. 5th ed. ........................
- Protocol for somatic embryogenesis in woody plants 2005, Springer
- Protocols for in vitro cultures and secondary metabolite analysis of aromatic and medicinal plants 2009, Springer ProtocolsEstablishment of adventitious root cultures of Echinacea purpurea for the production of caffeic acid derivatives / K.Y. Paek, H.N. Murthy and E.J. Hahn -- In vitro propagation of Rauwolfia serpentina using liquid medium, assessment of genetic fidelity of micropropagated plants, and simultaneous quantitation of reserpine, ajmaline, and ajmalicine / M.K. Goel ... [et al.] -- Medicinal properties, in vitro protocols and secondary metabolite analyses of Scots pine / H. Haggman ... [et al.] -- Saussurea medusa cell suspension cultures for flavonoid production / C.Z. Liu and P.K. Saxena -- Large-scale in vitro multiplication of Crataeva nurvala / S.B. Babbar, N. Walia and A. Kaur -- Bilberry in vitro protocols and analyses of phenolic compounds / L. Jaakola ... [et al.] -- In vitro propagation of two tuberous medicinal plants: Holostemma ada-kodien and Ipomoea mauritiana / S.P. Geetha ... [et al.] -- In vitro production of gymnemic acid from Gymnema sylvestre (Retz) R. Br. Ex Roemer and Schultes through callus culture under abiotic stress conditions / A.B. Ali Ahmed, A.S. Rao and M.V. Rao -- Establishment of plant regeneration and cryopreservation system from zygotic embryo-derived embryogenic cell suspension cultures of Ranunculus kazusensis / S.W. Kim and M.J. Oh -- In vitro culture and secondary metabolite isolation in bryophytes / A. Sabovljevic, M. Sabovljevic and N. Jockovic -- Micropropagation and in vitro conservation of vanilla (Vanilla planifolia Andrews) / M. Divakaran and K.N. Babu -- Protocol for in vitro regeneration and marker glycoside assessment in Swertia chirata Buch-Ham / S. Koul ... [et al.] -- Protocols for establishment of an in vitro collection of medicinal plants in the genus Scutellaria / I.B. Cole, F.T. Farooq and S.J. Murch -- Protocols for in vitro culture and phytochemical analysis of Phyllanthus species (Euphorbiaceae) / E. Catapan ... [et al.] -- In vitro clonal propagation of Asparagus racemosus, a high value medicinal plant / S. Saxena and N. Bopana -- Micropropagation of Penthorum chinense through axillary buds / J. Yang and Z.S. Peng -- Spontaneous plant regeneration and production of secondary metabolites from hairy root cultures of Centaurium erythraea Rafn / A. Subotic ... [et al.] -- Transgenic Hypericum perforatum / G. Franklin, M.M. Oliveira and A.C. Dias -- Agrobacterium-mediated transformation of Ruta graveolens L / K. Lievre ... [et al.] -- Gene expression profiling in Taxus baccata L. seedlings and cell cultures / K. Brun akova and J. Kosuth -- Catapol production in Chinese foxglove (Rehmannia glutinosa Libos.) hairy roots transformed with Agrobacterium rhizogenes ATCC15834 / S.J. Hwang -- Identification of medicinal plants and plant sequences: multiplexed MLPA assay / R.A. Barthelson -- Isolation of microsatellites from Catharanthus roseus (L.) G. Don using enriched libraries / S. Bhatia and B. Shokeen -- Production of cinnamyl glycosides in compact callus aggregate cultures of Rhodiola rosea through biotransformation of cinnamyl alcohol / Z. Gyorgy and A. Hohtola -- Spearmint plantlet culture system as a means to study secondary metabolism / B. Tisserat, M. Berhow and S.F. Vaughn -- Bioreactor production of secondary metabolites from cell cultures of periwinkle and sandalwood / J.V. Valluri -- Camptothecin production by in vitro cultures and plant regeneration in Ophiorrhiza species / T. Asano ... [et al.] -- Metabolomic analysis of Ocotea odorifera cell cultures: a model protocol for acquiring metabolite data / M. Maraschin ... [et al.] -- Production of 9-methoxycanthin-6-one from callus cultures of (Eurycoma longifolia Jack) Tongkat Ali / M. Maziah and N. Rosli -- Plant secondary metabolism in altered gravity / L.K. Tuominen, L.H. Levine and M.E. Musgrave -- The role of biotechnology in the production of the anticancer compound podophyllotoxin / H. Lata, C.S. Mizuno and R.M. Moraes.
- Recombinant proteins from plants 2009, Springer ProtocolsFrom Neanderthal to nanobiotech : from plant potions to pharming with plant factories / Christophe Sourrouille ... [et al.] -- Cowpea mosaic virus-based systems for the expression of antigens and antibodies in plants / Frank Sainsbury, Li Liu, and George P. Lomonossoff -- Transient expression of antibodies in plants using syringe agroinfiltration / Marc-André D'Aoust ... [et al.] -- Rapid system for evaluating bioproduction capacity of complex pharmaceutical proteins in plants / Giuliana Medrano ... [et al.] -- Production and localization of recombinant pharmaceuticals in transgenic seeds / Thomas Rademacher, Elsa Arcalis, and Eva Stoger -- Production of antibody fragments in Arabidopsis seeds / Bart Van Droogenbroeck, Kirsten De Wilde, and Ann Depicker -- Production of plantibodies in Nicotiana plants / Marta Ayala ... [et al.] -- Physcomitrella patens : a non-vascular plant for recombinant protein production / David Liénard and Fabien Nogué -- Production of recombinant proteins in suspension-cultured plant cells / Carole Plasson ... [et al.] -- Chloroplast-derived vaccine antigens and biopharmaceuticals : protocols for expression, purification, or oral delivery and functional evaluation / N. Dolendro Singh, Yi Ding, and Henry Daniell -- Protein body induction : a new tool to produce and recover recombinant proteins in plants / Margarita Torrent, Imma Llop-Tous, and M. Dolors Ludevid -- A case study for plant-made pharmaceuticals comparing different plant expression and production systems / Guy Vancanneyt ... [et al.] -- Glycosylation of antibody therapeutics : optimisation for purpose / Roy Jefferis -- N-glycosylation of plant recombinant pharmaceuticals / Muriel Bardor ... [et al.] -- Companion protease inhibitors to protect recombinant proteins in transgenic plant extracts / Meriem Benchabane ... [et al.] -- Strategies for improving vaccine antigens expression in transgenic plants : fusion to carrier sequences / Jose M. Escribano and Daniel M. Perez-Filgueira -- Immunomodulation of plant function by in vitro selected single-chain Fv intrabodies / Manfred Gahrtz and Udo Conrad -- On-chip detection of low-molecular-weight recombinant proteins in plant crude extracts by SELDI-TOF MS / Amine M. Badri ... [et al.] -- Assessing the risk of undesirable immunogenicity/allergenicity of plant-derived therapeutic proteins / Paul D. Chamberlain -- Biosafety, risk assessment, and regulation of plant-made pharmaceuticals / Penelope A.C. Sparrow and Richard M. Twyman.
- Regulation of gene expression in plants 2007, Springer
- Regulation of phytochemicals by molecular techniques. 1st ed. 2001, ScienceDirect
- Root genomics 2011, SpringerWith the predicted increase of the human population and the subsequent need for larger food supplies, root health in crop plants could play a major role in providing sustainable highly productive crops that can cope with global climate changes. While the essentiality of roots and their relation to plant performance is broadly recognized, less is known about their role in plant growth and development. "Root Genomics" examines how various new genomic technologies are rapidly being applied to the study of roots, including high-throughput sequencing and genotyping, Tilling, transcription.
- Salicylic acid 2007, Springer
- Science of flavonoids 2006, Springer
- Secondary metabolism in model systems 2004, ScienceDirect
- Shengmai san 2002, CRCnetBASE1. Shengmai San - a renowned traditional Chinese medicinal formula / Song-Ming Liang, Shu-Ying Chen, Si-Qian Liang -- 2. Pharmacological studies on Shengmai San / Kam-Ming Ko, Duncan H.F. Mak, Tze-Kin Yim and Yong-Quing Yan -- 3. Clinical studies on Shengmai San / Ye-Zhi Rong, Mei-Hua Zhao, Bao-Jing Lu, Xiang-Yang Zhu, Shang-Biao Lu, Ya-Chen Zhang, Jie Chen -- 4. Side effects of Shengmai San / Zhi-Min Xu and Ye-Zhi Rong -- 5. Phytochemistry and pharmacology of component herbs of Shengmai San / Siu-Po Ip, Timothy C.M. Tam and Chung-Tao Che -- 6. Contemporary applications of a traditional formula: manufacture of Shengmai San (SMS) preparations and their applications / Liang-Yuan Zheng -- Glossary.
- Solanaceae and convolvulaceae - secondary metabolites 2008, Springer
- Somatic embryogenesis 2006, Springer
- Stevia 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Structure and function of plastids 2006, Springer
- Sustaining young forest communities 2011, SpringerThis edited volume addresses a rising concern among natural resource scientists and management professionals about decline of the many plant and animal species associated with early-successional habitats, especially within the Central Hardwood Region of the USA. These open habitats, with herbaceous, shrub, or young forest cover, are disappearing as abandoned farmland, pastures, and cleared forest patches return to forest. There are many questions about 'why, what, where, and how' to manage for early successional habitats. In this book, expert scientists and experienced land managers synthesize
- Taiwanese native medicinal plants 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Taxus 2003, CRCnetBASEIntroduction / H. Itokawa -- Biosynthesis of taxoids / U. Sankawa and H. Itokawa -- Taxoids occuring in the genus taxus / H. Itokawa -- Physical methods for identifying the structures of taxoids / M. Ohyama and H. Itokawa -- Plant tissue culture of taxoids / K. Takeya -- The commercial cultivation of taxus species and production of taxoids -- Y. Kikuchi and M. Yatagai -- Analytical aspects of taxoids / M. Kozuka, S. Morris-Natschke and K.H. Lee -- Chemistry of taxol and related taxoids / H.K. Wang, H. Ohtsu and H. Itokawa -- Total synthesis of taxoids / Z. Xiao, H. Itokawa and K.H. Lee -- Structure-activity relationships of taxoids / X. Wang, H. Itokawa and K.H. Lee -- Pre-clinical and clinical investigations of taxoids / D.T. Brown -- Paclitaxel content of yews in Ireland / I. Hooke and D. Dempsey.
- Temperate fruit crop breeding 2008, Springer
- Thin layer chromatography in phytochemistry 2008, CRCnetBASE
- Thirty years of photosynthesis 2006, Springer
- Thyme 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Tobacco BY-2 cells 2006, Springer
- Traditional medicines for modern times 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Transgenic plants 2004, Springer Protocols
- Transgenic wheat, barley and oats 2009, Springer ProtocolsTransgenic wheat, barley and oats : production and characterization / Paul A. Lazzeri and Huw D. Jones -- Selection of transformed plants / Huw D. Jones and Caroline A. Sparks -- Reporter genes / Alison Huttly -- Biolistics transformation of wheat / Caroline A. Sparks and Huw D. Jones -- Agrobacterium-mediated transformation of bread and durum wheat using freshly isolated immature embryos / Huixia Wu, Angela Doherty and Huw D. Jones -- Floral transformation of wheat / Sujata Agarwal ... [et al.] -- Highly efficient agrobacterium-mediated transformation of wheat via in planta inoculation / Thierry Risacher ... [et al.] -- Barley transformation using biolistic techniques / Wendy A. Harwood and Mark A. Smedley -- Barley transformation using agrobacterium-mediated techniques / Wendy A. Harwood ... [et al.] -- Transformation of oats and its application to improving osmotic stress tolerance / Shahina B. Maqbool ... [et al.] -- Promoter sequences for defining transgene expression / Huw D. Jones and Caroline A. Sparks -- Down-regulation of gene expression by RNA-induced gene silencing / Silvia Travella and Beat Keller -- Gene insertion patterns and sites / Philippe Vain and Vera Thole -- Fluorescent in situ hybridization to detect transgene integration into plant genomes / Trude Schwarzacher -- Establishing substantial equivalence : transcriptomics / María Marcela Baudo ... [et al.] -- Establishing substantial equivalence : proteomics / Alison Lovegrove, Louise Salt, and Peter R. Shewry -- Establishing substantial equivalence : metabolomics / Michael H. Beale, Jane L. Ward, and John M. Baker -- Design and management of field trials of transgenic cereals / Zoltán Bedő, Mariann Rakszegi, and László Láng -- GM risk assessment / Penny A.C. Sparrow -- Transgenic wheat, barley and oats : future prospects / Jim M. Dunwell.
- Turmeric 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Urtica 2003, CRCnetBASEAn introduction to Urtica (botanical aspects)/ Gulsel Kavalali -- Historical and modern uses of Urtica / Colin Randall -- The chemical and pharmacological aspects of Urtica / Gulsel Kavalali -- Various therapeutic uses of Urtica / Colin Randall -- The therapeutic uses of Urtica in the benign prostatic hyperplasia / Johannes J. Lichius -- Nutritional evaluation of Urtica species / Huriye Wetherilt.
- Vetiveria 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Yeasts. 5th ed. 2010, ScienceDirectFully revised, updated and offered in a new two-volume format, The Yeasts: A Taxonomic Study, 5th Edition remains the most comprehensive presentation of yeast taxonomy and systematics available. Nearly 1500 species of ascomycete and basidiomycete yeasts are included, each description offering not only standard morphological and physiological characters, but also information on systematics, habitat, ecology, agricultural and biotechnological applications and clinical importance. Extensive introductory chapters discuss clinical aspects of yeasts, their role in biotechnology, food and beverage spoilage, agriculture and ecology, while other chapters include methodology for isolation of species from various habitats, phenotypic characterization, chemotaxonomy, gene sequence analysis and phylogenetics, including whole genome analysis. Additionally, easy-to-understand trees illustrate the phylogenetic placement of each species in its assigned genus as they have been determined from gene sequence analysis. This essential work, prepared by the leading experts in the field, is the most definitive treatment of taxonomy and systematics of yeasts on the market, and a necessary reference for any bookshelf or workbench. High quality photomicrographs and line drawings enhance world-class content Detailed trees clearly illustrate phylogenetic placement of each species in its assigned genus Discussion of clinical aspects of yeasts, including their role in biotechnology, agriculture and ecology help contextualize content for a wide range of researchers.
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Authors: Adrian M.K. Thomas, Arpan K. Banerjee