Books by Subject
- Plant mineral nutrients methods and protocols 2013Springer ProtocolsRoles and functions of plant mineral nutrients / Frans J.M. Maathuis and Eugene Diatloff -- Plant growth and cultivation / Dorina Podar -- Protocols for growing plant symbioses: mycorrhiza / Michael Schultze -- Protocols for growing plant symbioses: rhizobia / Benjamin Gourion, Marie Bourcy, Viviane Cosson, and Pascal Ratet -- Plant cell suspension cultures / Roberto Moscatiello, Barbara Baldan, and Lorella Navazio -- Soil analysis using visible and near infrared spectroscopy / Johanna Wetterlind, Bo Stenberg, and Raphael A. Viscarra Rossel -- Mineral composition analysis: measuring anion uptake and anion concentrations in plant tissues / Malcolm J. Hawkesford, Saroj Parmar, and Peter Buchner -- Multielement plant tissue analysis using ICP spectrometry / T.H. Hansen, T.C. de Bang, K.H. Laursen, P. Pedas, S. Husted, and J.K. Schjoerring -- Mapping element distributions in plant tissues using synchrotron X-ray fluorescence techniques / Erica Donner, Martin D. de Jonge, Peter M. Kopittke, and Enzo Lombi -- Flux measurements of cations using radioactive tracers / D.T. Britto and H.J. Kronzucker -- Ion flux measurements using the MIFE technique / Sergey Shabala, Lana Shabala, Jayakumar Bose, Tracey Cuin, and Ian Newman -- Sampling and analysis of phloem sap / Sylvie Dinant and Julia Kehr -- Methods for xylem sap collection / M. Alexou and A.D. Peuke -- Plant single cell sampling / Wieland Fricke -- Measurements of cytosolic ion concentrations in live cells / Veena S. Anil, Kavitha P.G., Sam Kuruvilla, Pavan Kumar, and M.K. Mathew -- Real time measurement of cytoplasmic ions with ion-selective microelectrodes / Anthony J. Miller -- Large-scale plant ionomics / John M.C. Danku, Brett Labner, Elena Yakubova, and David E. Salt -- Applications of high-throughput plant phenotyping to study nutrient use efficiency / Bettina Berger, Bas de Regt, and Mark Tester.
- Plant organogenesis methods and protocols 2013Springer ProtocolsThe tomato leaf as a model system for organogenesis -- Usefulness of Physcomitrella patens for studying plant organogenesis -- The dicot root as a model system for studying organogenesis -- Genetic control of root organogenesis in cereals -- Gene expression analysis of aquatic angiosperms podostemaceae to gain insight into the evolution of their enigmatic morphology -- Brown algae as a model for plant organogenesis -- Microscopic analysis of ovule development in Arabidopsis thaliana -- Imaging of phenotypes, gene expression, and protein localization during embryonic root formation in Arabidopsis -- Inducible system for lateral roots in Arabidopsis thaliana and maize -- Adventitious root induction in Arabidopsis thaliana as a model for in vitro root organogenesis -- High-throughput, noninvasive imaging of root systems -- Small-molecule screens to study lateral root development -- Cell lineage analyses in living tissues -- Protein immunolocalization in maize tissues -- Auxin immunolocalization in plant tissues -- Gene expression analysis of shoot apical meristem cell types -- Kinematic analysis of cell division in leaves of mono- and dicotyledonous species: A basis for understanding growth and developing refined molecular sampling strategies -- Regeneration in arabidopsis tissue culture -- Isolation and analysis of mRNAs from specific cell types of plants by ribosome immunopurification -- Analyzing small and long RNAs in plant development using non-radioactive in situ hybridization -- Analyzing protein distribution in plant tissues using "Whole-mount" Immunolocalization -- Culture methods and mutant generation in the filamentous brown algae Ectocarpus siliculosus -- Building simulation models of developing plant organs using VirtualLeaf.
- Plant propagation by tissue culture. 3rd ed. 2008Springerv. 1. The Background.
- Plant proteomics 2007Springer
- Plant proteomics methods and protocols 2006Springer ProtocolsTotal protein extraction with TCA-acetone / Valérie Méchin, Catherine Damerval, and Michel Zivy -- Phenol extraction of proteins for proteomic studies of recalcitrant plant tissues / Mireille Faurobert, Esther Pelpoir, and Jamila Chaïb -- Protein extraction from cereal seeds / Gérard Branlard and Emmanuelle Blancel -- Protein extraction from xylem and phloem sap / Julia Kehr and Martijn Rep -- Protein extraction from woody plants / Christophe Plomion and Céline Lalanne -- Isolation of chloroplast proteins from Arabidopsis thaliana for proteome analysis / Klaas J. van Wijk, Jean-Benoit Peltier, and Lisa Giacomelli -- Isolation and subfractionation of plant mitochondria for proteomic analysis / Holger Eubel, Joshua L. Heazlewood, and A. Harvey Millar -- Extraction of nuclear proteins from root meristematic cells / Fernando González-Camacho and Francisco Javier Medina -- Isolation of nuclear proteins / Setsuko Komatsu -- Isolation of cell wall proteins from Medicago sativa stems / Bonnie S. Watson and Lloyd W. Sumner -- Plant plasma membrane protein extraction and solubilization for proteomic analysis / Véronique Santoni -- Detergents and chaotropes for protein solubilization before two-dimensional electrophoresis / Thierry Rabilloud ... [et al.] -- Two-dimensional electrophoresis for plant proteomics / Walter Weiss and Angelika Görg -- Visible and fluorescent staining of two-dimensional gels / François Chevalier, Valérie Rofidal, and Michel Rossignol -- Two-dimensional differential in-gel electrophoresis (DIGE) of leaf and roots of Lycopersicon esculentum / Matthew Keeler ... [et al.] -- Quantitative analysis of 2D gels / Michel Zivy -- Multivariate data analysis of proteome data / Kåre Engkilde, Susanne Jacobsen, and Ib Søndergaard -- Edman sequencing of plant proteins from 2D gels / Setsuko Komatsu -- Peptide mass fingerprinting: identification of proteins by MALDI-TOF / Nicolas Sommerer, Delphine Centeno, and Michel Rossignol -- Protein identification using nano liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry / Luc Negroni -- Two-dimensional nanoflow liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry of proteins extracted from rice leaves and roots / Linda Breci and Paul A. Haynes -- Separation, identification, and profiling of membrane proteins by GFC/IEC/SDS-PAGE and MALDI TOF MS / Wojciech Szponarski ... [et al.] -- The PROTICdb database for 2-DE proteomics / Olivier Langella, Michel Zivy, and Johann Joets -- Identification of phosphorylated proteins / Maria V. Turkina and Alexander V. Vener -- Plant proteomics and glycosylation / Anne-Catherine Fitchette ... [et al.] -- Blue-native gel electrophoresis for the characterization of protein complexes in plants / Jesco Heinemeyer, Dagmar Lewejohann, and Hans-Peter Braun -- Electroelution of intact proteins from SDS-PAGE gels and their subsequent MALDI-TOF MS analysis / Zhentian Lei ... [et al.] -- Generation of plant protein microarrays and investigation of antigen-antibody interactions / Birgit Kersten and Tanja Feilner -- Phosphorylation studies using plant protein microarrays / Tanja Feilner and Birgit Kersten.
- Plant reverse genetics methods and protocols 2011Springer ProtocolsAnalysis of High-Throughput Sequencing Data / Shrinivasrao P. Mane, Thero Modise, Bruno W. Sobral -- Identification of Plant microRNAs Using Expressed Sequence Tag Analysis / Taylor P. Frazier, Baohong Zhang -- Microarray Data Analysis / Saroj K. Mohapatra, Arjun Krishnan -- Setting Up Reverse Transcription Quantitative-PCR Experiments / Madana M. Ambavaram, Andy Pereira -- Virus-Induced Gene Silencing in Nicotiana benthamiana and Other Plant Species / Andrew Hayward, Meenu Padmanabhan, S. P. Dinesh-Kumar -- Agroinoculation and Agroinfiltration: Simple Tools for Complex Gene Function Analyses / Zarir Vaghchhipawala, Clemencia M. Rojas, Muthappa Senthil-Kumar, Kirankumar S. Mysore -- Full-Length cDNA Overexpressor Gene Hunting System (FOX Hunting System) / Mieko Higuchi, Youichi Kondou, Takanari Ichikawa, Minami Matsui -- Activation Tagging with En/Spm-I /dSpm Transposons in Arabidopsis / Nayelli Marsch-Martínez, Andy Pereira -- Activation Tagging and Insertional Mutagenesis in Barley / Michael A. Ayliffe, Anthony J. Pryor -- Methods for Rice Phenomics Studies / Chyr-Guan Chern, Ming-Jen Fan, Sheng-Chung Huang, Su-May Yu, Fu-Jin Wei, Cheng-Chieh Wu, Arunee Trisiriroj, Ming-Hsing Lai, Shu Chen, Yue-Ie C. Hsing -- Development of an Efficient Inverse PCR Method for Isolating Gene Tags from T-DNA Insertional Mutants in Rice / Sung-Ryul Kim, Jong-Seong Jeon, Gynheung An -- Transposon Insertional Mutagenesis in Rice / Narayana M. Upadhyaya, Qian-Hao Zhu, Ramesh S. Bhat -- Reverse Genetics in Medicago truncatula Using Tnt1 Insertion Mutants / Xiaofei Cheng, Jiangqi Wen, Million Tadege, Pascal Ratet, Kirankumar S. Mysore -- Screening Arabidopsis Genotypes for Drought Stress Resistance / Amal Harb, Andy Pereira -- Protein Tagging for Chromatin Immunoprecipitation from Arabidopsis / Stefan Folter -- Yeast One-Hybrid Screens for Detection of Transcription Factor DNA Interactions / Pieter B. Ouwerkerk, Annemarie H. Meijer -- Plant Metabolomics by GC-MS and Differential Analysis / Joel L. Shuman, Diego F. Cortes, Jenny M. Armenta, Revonda M. Pokrzywa, Pedro Mendes, Vladimir Shulaev -- Gramene Database: A Hub for Comparative Plant Genomics / Pankaj Jaiswal.
- Plant secondary metabolites 2007Springer Protocols
- Plant signal transduction methods and protocols 2009Springer ProtocolsMultiple dimensions in plant signal transduction : an overview / Jorge J. Casal -- Phenotyping of Arabidopsis mutants for developmental effects of gene deletions / Cordelia Bolle -- Phenotyping of abiotic responses and hormone treatment in Arabidopsis / Cordelia Bolle -- Accurate real-time reverse transcription quantitative PCR / Marco Klatte and Petra Bauer -- Probing spatio-temporal intracellular calcium variations in plants / Axel Mithöfer, Christian Mazars, and Massimo E. Maffei -- Dynamic redox measurements with redox-sensitive GFP in plants by confocal laser scanning microscopy / Andreas J. Meyer and Thorsten Brach -- Imaging reactive oxygen species in vivo / Steven M. Driever ... [et al.] -- Identification of thioredoxin targeted proteins using thioredoxin single cysteine mutant-immobilized resin / Ken Motohashi, Patrick G.N. Romano, and Toru Hisabori -- Determination of in vivo protein phosphorylation in photosynthetic membranes / Julia P. Vainonen, Alexander V. Vener, and Eva-Mari Aro -- Examining protein stability and its relevance for plant growth and development / Claus Schwechheimer ... [et al.] -- Probing circadian rhythms in Chlamydomonas rheinhardtii by functional proteomics / Volker Wagner and Maria Mittag -- Bimolecular fluorescence complementation (BiFC) to study protein-protein interactions in living plant cells / Katia Schütze, Klaus Harter, and Christina Chaban -- Fluorescence cross-correlation spectroscopy of plant proteins / Hideki Muto, Masataka Kinjo, and Kotaro T. Yamamoto -- The determination of protein-protein interactions by the mating-based split-ubiquitin-system (mbSUS) / Christopher Grefen, Petr Obrdlik, and Klaus Harter -- Functional complementation of yeast mutants to study plant signalling pathways / Norbert Mehlmer, Elisabeth Scheikl-Pourkhalil, and Markus Teige -- Phosphatase activities analyzed by in vivo expressions / Alois Schweighofer, Zahra Ayatollahi, and Irute Meskiene -- Chromatin immunoprecipitation experiments to investigate in vivo binding of Arabidopsis transcription factors to target sequences / Benjamin Fode and Christiane Gatz -- Fluorescence-based electrophoretic mobility shift assay in the analysis of DNA-binding proteins / Sebastian Steiner and Thomas Pfannschmidt -- Analysis of plant regulatory DNA sequences by the yeast-one-hybrid assay / Dierk Wanke and Klaus Harter -- Analysis of plant regulatory DNA sequences by transient protoplast assays and computer aided sequence evaluation / Kenneth W. Berendzen, Klaus Harter, and Dierk Wanke -- RNA protein interaction mediating post-transcriptional regulation in the circadian system / Jan C. Schöning and Dorothee Staiger.
- Plant systems biology 2007Springer
- Plant tissue culture engineering 2006Springer
- Transposable elements are DNA sequences with the capacity to move within a genome. Although their presence and impact has long been known, the recent genome-wide analysis of many eukaryotic genomes has uncovered their major role in genome dynamics and function. The present book explains how to recognize and study transposable elements, e.g. by using state-of-the-art strategies based on new-generation sequencing. Moreover, the impact of transposable elements on plant genome structure and function is reviewed in detail and illustrated in examples and case studies. The book is intended both for readers familiar with the field and for newcomers. With large-scale sequencing becoming increasingly available, more and more people will come across transposable element sequences in their data, and this volume will hopefully help to convince them that transposable elements are not just "junk" DNA, and may actually be the most interesting and fun part of their data!
- Plant viral vectors 2014SpringerIn this volume, the authors provide an excellent overview of how far the plant viral vector field has come. The discipline is no longer exclusively in the domain of academics-there is a small, but growing number of small biotechnology companies that exploit plant viruses as the platform for commercial innovation in crop improvement, industrial product manufacturing, and human and veterinary health care.
- Plant virology protocols from viral sequence to protein function. 2nd ed. 2008Springer Protocols
- Plant-derived vaccines technologies & applications 2011Future MedPlant-derived vaccines : technologies & applications / Franco M. Buonaguro -- Patents and molecular farming / Pascal M.W. Drake & Harry Thangaraj -- In planta production of recombinant and indigenous adjuvants / Antonio Granell, Asun Fernandez-del-Carmen & Diego Orzáez -- Rapid and high-yield production of immunotherapeutic plant-made antibodies / Cristina Capodicasa, Marcello Donini, Maria Elena Villani & Eugenio Benvenuto -- Vaccine peptide display on recombinant tobacco mosaic virus particles / Tatiana V. Komarova, Igor V. Petrunia & Yuri L. Dorokhov -- Plastid transformation as a tool for plant-based production of vaccines and therapeutic proteins / Paolo Lenzi, Nunzia Scotti, Pal Maliga & Teodoro Cardi -- Prophylactic and therapeutic HPV vaccines from plants / Edward P. Rybicki, Colomba Giorgi & Rosella Franconi -- Plant-derived anti-HIV-1 proteins / Nunzia Scotti, Luigi Buonaguro, Maria Lina Tornesello, Teodoro Cardi & Franco Maria Buonaguro -- Plant-based hepatitis B vaccines / Sergei N. Shchelkunov & Galina A. Shchelkunova -- Influenza vaccines : new perspectives from plants / Chiara Lico, Giampaolo Buriani, Floriana Capuano, Eugenio Benvenuto & Selene Baschieri -- Plant-made mucosal vaccines / Rurick K. Salyaev, Maria Manuela Rigano & Natalya I. Rekoslavskaya -- Current status of plant-made veterinary vaccines / Assunta Pelosi, Claire Penney, Huai-Yian Ling & Amanda M. Walmsley.
- Plant-pathogen interactions methods and protocols 2006Springer ProtocolsThe use of protoplasts to study innate immune responses / Ping He, Libo Shan, and Jen Sheen -- Marker-exchange mutagenesis and complementation strategies for the gram-negative bacteria Xanthomonas oryzae pv. oryzae / Sang-Won Lee and Pamela C. Ronald -- Whole-genome analysis to identify type III-secreted effectors / Boris A. Vinatzer and Jean T. Greenberg -- In planta expression of oomycete and fungal genes / Thirumala-Devi Kanneganti, Edgar Huitema, and Sophien Kamoun -- Use of nipponbare bac clones for physical mapping of an R gene locus in rice / Jong-Seong Jeon and Pamela C. Ronald -- Agrobacterium-mediated transformation to create an insertion library in magnaporthe grisea / Sara L.Tucker and Marc J. Orbach -- Identification of components in disease-resistance signaling in arabidopsis by map-based cloning / Yuelin Zhang, Jane Glazebrook, and Xin Li -- Yeast two-hybrid approaches to dissecting the plant defense response / Mawsheng Chern, Todd Richter, and Pamela C. Ronald -- Use of rolling-circle amplification for large-scale yeast two-hybrid analyses / Xiaodong Ding, Yan Zhang, and Wen-Yuan Song -- Preparative denaturing isoelectric focusing for enhancing sensitivity of proteomic studies / Antonio Serna-Sanz, Greg Rairdan, and Scott C. Peck -- Use of massively parallel signature sequencing to study genes expressed during the plant defense response / Blake C. Meyers, Christian D. Haudenschild, and Kalyan Vemaraju -- Use of microarray analysis to dissect the plant defense response / Jane Glazebrook -- Use of robust long-serial analysis of gene expression to identify novel fungal and plant genes involved in host-pathogen interactions / Malali Gowda ... [et al.] -- Analysis of gene function in rice through virus-induced gene silencing / Xin Shun Ding, C. Srinivasa Rao, and Richard S. Nelson -- Use of RNA interference to dissect defense-signaling pathways in rice / Chuansheng Mei, Xiangjun Zhou, and Yinong Yang -- Virus-induced gene silencing in plant roots / Isgouhi Kaloshian -- Methods for engineering resistance to plant viruses / Mysore R. Sudarshana, Gourgopal Roy, and Bryce W. Falk -- Development of genetically engineered resistant papaya for papaya ringspot virus in a timely manner: a comprehensive and successful approach / Savarni Tripathi, Jon Suzuki, and Dennis. Gonsalves.
- Plant-produced microbial vaccines 2009SpringerPlant vaccines: an immunological perspective / D.C. Hooper -- Display of peptides on the surface of tobacco mosaic virus particles / M.L. Smith ... [et al.] -- Chloroplast-derived vaccine antigens and biopharmaceuticals: expression, folding, assembly and functionality / S. Chebolu and H. Daniell -- Production of antibodies in plants: approaches and perspectives / K. Ko, R. Brodzik and Z. Steplewski -- Plant production of veterinary vaccines and therapeutics / R.W. Hammond and L.G. Nemchinov -- Plant-based oral vaccines: results of human trials / C.O. Tacket.
- Pollen terminology an illustrated handbook 2009Springer
- Pomegranates ancient roots to modern medicine 2006CRCnetBASEPomegranate phytochemicals / Navindra P. Seeram ... [et al.] -- Antioxidative properties of pomegranate : in vitro studies / Mira Rosenblat and Michael Aviram -- Bioavailability of pomegranate polyphenols / Francisco A. Tomas-Barberan, Navindra P. Seeram, and Juan Carlos Espin -- Protection against cardiovascular disease / Bianca Fuhrman and Michael Aviram -- Protection against stroke / Marva I. Sweeney-Nixon -- Anticancer potential of pomegranate / Shishir Shishodia ... [et al.] -- Molecular mechanisms of chemoprevention of cancer by pomegranate / Deeba Syed ... [et al.] -- Pomegranate and prostate cancer chemoprevention / John T. Leppert and Allan J. Pantuck -- Accessment of estrogenicity of pomegranate in an in vitro bioassay / Diane M. Harris, Emily Besselink, and Navindra P. Seeram -- Absence of significant estrogenic effects in the postmenopausal population / Michelle P. Warren ... [et al.] -- Antimicrobial activities of pomegranate / G.K. Jayaprakasha, P.S. Negi, B.S. Jena -- Commercialization of pomegranates : fresh fruit, beverages, and botanical extracts / Navindra P. Seeram, Yanjun Zhang, and David Heber -- Pomegranates: a botanical perspective / David W. Still -- Postharvest biology and technology of pomegranates / Adel A. Kader.
- Principles and practice of phytotherapy modern herbal medicine. 2nd ed. 2013ScienceDirectMachine generated contents note: pt. ONE Background and strategies -- 1.Herbal therapeutic systems -- 2.Principles of herbal pharmacology -- 3.Principles of herbal treatment -- 4.Validating herbal therapeutics -- 5.Optimising safety -- pt. TWO Practical clinical guides -- 6.Dosage and dosage forms in herbal medicine -- 7.A systematic approach to herbal prescribing -- 8.Herbal approaches to pathological states -- Topical applications -- Fever -- Infectious diseases -- Inflammatory and autoimmune diseases -- Fatigue and debility -- Malignant diseases -- 9.Herbal approaches to system dysfunctions -- Digestive system and bowel -- Biliary system -- The liver -- Cardiovascular system -- Respiratory system -- Urinary system -- Nervous system -- Female reproductive system -- Joint diseases -- Skin diseases -- Male reproductive system -- Endocrine disorders -- pt. THREE Materia Medica -- 10.How to use the monographs -- Andrographis -- Arnica flowers -- Astragalus -- Bearberry -- Contents note continued: Berberis bark and Hydrastis root -- Bilberry fruit -- Black cohosh -- Boswellia -- Buchu -- Bugleweed and European bugleweed -- Bupleurum -- Butcher's broom -- Chamomile, German -- Chaste tree -- Chelidonium -- Devil's claw -- Dong quai -- Echinacea root -- Evening primrose oil -- Eyebright -- Fennel fruit -- Feverfew -- Ginger -- Ginkgo -- Ginseng -- Globe artichoke -- Gotu kola -- Hawthorn -- Horsechestnut seed -- Kava -- Licorice -- Meadowsweet -- Melilotus -- Myrrh -- Nettle -- Pau d'arco -- Peppermint -- Poke root -- Rehmannia -- Saw palmetto -- Siberian ginseng -- St John's wort -- St Mary's thistle -- Thyme -- Tribulus leaf -- Turmeric -- Valerian -- Willow bark -- Witchhazel -- Withania.
- Protocol for somatic embryogenesis in woody plants 2005Springer
- Protocols for in vitro cultures and secondary metabolite analysis of aromatic and medicinal plants 2009Springer ProtocolsEstablishment of adventitious root cultures of Echinacea purpurea for the production of caffeic acid derivatives / K.Y. Paek, H.N. Murthy and E.J. Hahn -- In vitro propagation of Rauwolfia serpentina using liquid medium, assessment of genetic fidelity of micropropagated plants, and simultaneous quantitation of reserpine, ajmaline, and ajmalicine / M.K. Goel ... [et al.] -- Medicinal properties, in vitro protocols and secondary metabolite analyses of Scots pine / H. Haggman ... [et al.] -- Saussurea medusa cell suspension cultures for flavonoid production / C.Z. Liu and P.K. Saxena -- Large-scale in vitro multiplication of Crataeva nurvala / S.B. Babbar, N. Walia and A. Kaur -- Bilberry in vitro protocols and analyses of phenolic compounds / L. Jaakola ... [et al.] -- In vitro propagation of two tuberous medicinal plants: Holostemma ada-kodien and Ipomoea mauritiana / S.P. Geetha ... [et al.] -- In vitro production of gymnemic acid from Gymnema sylvestre (Retz) R. Br. Ex Roemer and Schultes through callus culture under abiotic stress conditions / A.B. Ali Ahmed, A.S. Rao and M.V. Rao -- Establishment of plant regeneration and cryopreservation system from zygotic embryo-derived embryogenic cell suspension cultures of Ranunculus kazusensis / S.W. Kim and M.J. Oh -- In vitro culture and secondary metabolite isolation in bryophytes / A. Sabovljevic, M. Sabovljevic and N. Jockovic -- Micropropagation and in vitro conservation of vanilla (Vanilla planifolia Andrews) / M. Divakaran and K.N. Babu -- Protocol for in vitro regeneration and marker glycoside assessment in Swertia chirata Buch-Ham / S. Koul ... [et al.] -- Protocols for establishment of an in vitro collection of medicinal plants in the genus Scutellaria / I.B. Cole, F.T. Farooq and S.J. Murch -- Protocols for in vitro culture and phytochemical analysis of Phyllanthus species (Euphorbiaceae) / E. Catapan ... [et al.] -- In vitro clonal propagation of Asparagus racemosus, a high value medicinal plant / S. Saxena and N. Bopana -- Micropropagation of Penthorum chinense through axillary buds / J. Yang and Z.S. Peng -- Spontaneous plant regeneration and production of secondary metabolites from hairy root cultures of Centaurium erythraea Rafn / A. Subotic ... [et al.] -- Transgenic Hypericum perforatum / G. Franklin, M.M. Oliveira and A.C. Dias -- Agrobacterium-mediated transformation of Ruta graveolens L / K. Lievre ... [et al.] -- Gene expression profiling in Taxus baccata L. seedlings and cell cultures / K. Brun akova and J. Kosuth -- Catapol production in Chinese foxglove (Rehmannia glutinosa Libos.) hairy roots transformed with Agrobacterium rhizogenes ATCC15834 / S.J. Hwang -- Identification of medicinal plants and plant sequences: multiplexed MLPA assay / R.A. Barthelson -- Isolation of microsatellites from Catharanthus roseus (L.) G. Don using enriched libraries / S. Bhatia and B. Shokeen -- Production of cinnamyl glycosides in compact callus aggregate cultures of Rhodiola rosea through biotransformation of cinnamyl alcohol / Z. Gyorgy and A. Hohtola -- Spearmint plantlet culture system as a means to study secondary metabolism / B. Tisserat, M. Berhow and S.F. Vaughn -- Bioreactor production of secondary metabolites from cell cultures of periwinkle and sandalwood / J.V. Valluri -- Camptothecin production by in vitro cultures and plant regeneration in Ophiorrhiza species / T. Asano ... [et al.] -- Metabolomic analysis of Ocotea odorifera cell cultures: a model protocol for acquiring metabolite data / M. Maraschin ... [et al.] -- Production of 9-methoxycanthin-6-one from callus cultures of (Eurycoma longifolia Jack) Tongkat Ali / M. Maziah and N. Rosli -- Plant secondary metabolism in altered gravity / L.K. Tuominen, L.H. Levine and M.E. Musgrave -- The role of biotechnology in the production of the anticancer compound podophyllotoxin / H. Lata, C.S. Mizuno and R.M. Moraes.
- Recombinant proteins from plants methods and protocols 2009Springer ProtocolsFrom Neanderthal to nanobiotech : from plant potions to pharming with plant factories / Christophe Sourrouille ... [et al.] -- Cowpea mosaic virus-based systems for the expression of antigens and antibodies in plants / Frank Sainsbury, Li Liu, and George P. Lomonossoff -- Transient expression of antibodies in plants using syringe agroinfiltration / Marc-André D'Aoust ... [et al.] -- Rapid system for evaluating bioproduction capacity of complex pharmaceutical proteins in plants / Giuliana Medrano ... [et al.] -- Production and localization of recombinant pharmaceuticals in transgenic seeds / Thomas Rademacher, Elsa Arcalis, and Eva Stoger -- Production of antibody fragments in Arabidopsis seeds / Bart Van Droogenbroeck, Kirsten De Wilde, and Ann Depicker -- Production of plantibodies in Nicotiana plants / Marta Ayala ... [et al.] -- Physcomitrella patens : a non-vascular plant for recombinant protein production / David Liénard and Fabien Nogué -- Production of recombinant proteins in suspension-cultured plant cells / Carole Plasson ... [et al.] -- Chloroplast-derived vaccine antigens and biopharmaceuticals : protocols for expression, purification, or oral delivery and functional evaluation / N. Dolendro Singh, Yi Ding, and Henry Daniell -- Protein body induction : a new tool to produce and recover recombinant proteins in plants / Margarita Torrent, Imma Llop-Tous, and M. Dolors Ludevid -- A case study for plant-made pharmaceuticals comparing different plant expression and production systems / Guy Vancanneyt ... [et al.] -- Glycosylation of antibody therapeutics : optimisation for purpose / Roy Jefferis -- N-glycosylation of plant recombinant pharmaceuticals / Muriel Bardor ... [et al.] -- Companion protease inhibitors to protect recombinant proteins in transgenic plant extracts / Meriem Benchabane ... [et al.] -- Strategies for improving vaccine antigens expression in transgenic plants : fusion to carrier sequences / Jose M. Escribano and Daniel M. Perez-Filgueira -- Immunomodulation of plant function by in vitro selected single-chain Fv intrabodies / Manfred Gahrtz and Udo Conrad -- On-chip detection of low-molecular-weight recombinant proteins in plant crude extracts by SELDI-TOF MS / Amine M. Badri ... [et al.] -- Assessing the risk of undesirable immunogenicity/allergenicity of plant-derived therapeutic proteins / Paul D. Chamberlain -- Biosafety, risk assessment, and regulation of plant-made pharmaceuticals / Penelope A.C. Sparrow and Richard M. Twyman.
- Regulation of gene expression in plants the role of transcript structure and processing 2007Springer
- Regulation of phytochemicals by molecular techniques. 1st ed. 2001ScienceDirect
- Rhodiola rosea 2014CRCnetBASEChapter 1. Taxonomy of Rhodiola rosea L., with special attention to molecular analyses of Nunavik (Québec) populations / Alain Cuerrier, Mariannick Archambault, Michel Rapinski, and Anne Bruneau -- Chapter 2. Ethnobotany and conservation of Rhodiola species / Alain Cuerrier, Youri Tendland, and Michel Rapinski -- Chapter 3. Phytochemistry of Rhodiola rosea / Fida Ahmed, Vicky Filion, Ammar Saleem, and John T. Arnason -- Chapter 4. Cultivation of Rhodiola rosea in Europe / Bertalan Galambosi -- Chapter 5. Rhodiola rosea cultivation in Canada and Alaska / Kwesi Ampong-Nyarko -- Chapter 6. Diseases of wild and cultivated Rhodiola rosea / Sheau-Fang Hwang, Stephen E. Strelkov, Kwesi Ampong-Nyarko, and Ron J. Howard -- Chapter 7. Biotechnology of Rhodiola rosea / Zsuzsanna György -- Chapter 8. Pharmacological activities of Rhodiola rosea / Fida Ahmed, Steffany A.L. Bennett, and John T. Arnason -- Chapter 9. Evidence-based efficacy and effectiveness of Rhodiola SHR-5 extract in treating stress- and age- associated disorders / Alexander Panossian and Georg Wikman -- Chapter 10. Rhodiola rosea in psychiatric and medical practice / Patricia L. Gerbarg, Petra A. Illig, and Richard P. Brown -- Chapter 11. Toxicology and safety of Rhodiola rosea / Hugh Semple and Brandie Bugiak -- Chapter 12. Commercialization of Rhodiola rosea / Nav Sharma and Raimar Loebenberg.
- Rice protocols 2013Springer ProtocolsRice artificial hybridization for genetic analysis / Xueyan Sha -- Fluorescence in situ hybridization techniques for cytogenetic and genomic analyses / Jason G. Walling, Wenli Zhang, and Jiming Jiang -- Generation of rice mutants by chemical mutagenesis / Thomas H. Tai -- TILLING and ecotilling for rice / Jennifer L. Cooper [and others] -- Functional characterization of rice genes using a gene-indexed T-DNA insertional mutant population / Ki-Hong Jung and Gynheung An -- QTL analysis and map-based cloning of salt tolerance gene in rice / Ji-Ping Gao and Hong-Xuan Lin -- Site-specific gene integration in rice / Vibha Srivastava -- Transcriptome profiling analysis using rice oligonucleotide microarrays / Ki-Hong Jung and Pamela C. Ronald -- Cloning of small RNAs for the discovery of novel microRNAs in plants / Guru Jagadeeswaran and Ramanjulu Sunkar -- Global identification of small RNA targets in plants by sequencing sliced ends of messenger RNAs / Yong-Fang Li and Ramanjulu Sunkar -- Artificial microRNAs for specific gene silencing in rice / Norman Warthmann [and others] -- Rice proteomic analysis : sample preparation for protein identification / Ganesh Kumar Agrawal [and others] -- Quantification of jasmonic and salicylic acids in rice seedling leaves / Kyoungwon Cho [and others] -- Analysis of insect-induced volatiles from rice / Nan Zhao [and others] -- Phenotypic and physiological evaluation for drought and salinity stress responses in rice / Utlwang Batlang [and others] -- Phenotypic, physiological, and molecular evaluation of rice chilling stress response at the vegetative stage / Benildo G. de los Reyes [and others] -- Analysis of rice root hair morphology using cryo-scanning electron microscopy / Zhiming Yu -- Inoculation and virulence assay for bacterial blight and bacterial leaf streak of rice / Bing Yang and Adam Bogdanove -- Inoculation and scoring methods for rice sheath blight disease / Yulin Jia [and others] -- Molecular approaches to improve rice abiotic stress tolerance / Junya Mizoi and Kazuko Yamaguchi-Shinozaki -- Molecular strategies to improve rice disease resistance / Emily E. Helliwell and Yinong Yang -- Molecular strategies to engineer transgenic rice seed compartments for large-scale production of plant-made pharmaceuticals / Trevor Greenham and Illimar Altosaar.
- Root genomics 2011SpringerWith the predicted increase of the human population and the subsequent need for larger food supplies, root health in crop plants could play a major role in providing sustainable highly productive crops that can cope with global climate changes. While the essentiality of roots and their relation to plant performance is broadly recognized, less is known about their role in plant growth and development. "Root Genomics" examines how various new genomic technologies are rapidly being applied to the study of roots, including high-throughput sequencing and genotyping, Tilling, transcription.
- Salicylic acid a plant hormone 2007Springer
- Science of flavonoids 2006Springer
- Shengmai san 2002CRCnetBASE1. Shengmai San - a renowned traditional Chinese medicinal formula / Song-Ming Liang, Shu-Ying Chen, Si-Qian Liang -- 2. Pharmacological studies on Shengmai San / Kam-Ming Ko, Duncan H.F. Mak, Tze-Kin Yim and Yong-Quing Yan -- 3. Clinical studies on Shengmai San / Ye-Zhi Rong, Mei-Hua Zhao, Bao-Jing Lu, Xiang-Yang Zhu, Shang-Biao Lu, Ya-Chen Zhang, Jie Chen -- 4. Side effects of Shengmai San / Zhi-Min Xu and Ye-Zhi Rong -- 5. Phytochemistry and pharmacology of component herbs of Shengmai San / Siu-Po Ip, Timothy C.M. Tam and Chung-Tao Che -- 6. Contemporary applications of a traditional formula: manufacture of Shengmai San (SMS) preparations and their applications / Liang-Yuan Zheng -- Glossary.
- Solanaceae and convolvulaceae - secondary metabolites biosynthesis, chemotaxonomy, biological and economic significance : a handbook 2008Springer
- Somatic embryogenesis 2006Springer
- Structure and function of plastids 2006Springer
- Sustaining young forest communities ecology and management of early successional habitats in the central hardwood region, USA 2011SpringerThis edited volume addresses a rising concern among natural resource scientists and management professionals about decline of the many plant and animal species associated with early-successional habitats, especially within the Central Hardwood Region of the USA. These open habitats, with herbaceous, shrub, or young forest cover, are disappearing as abandoned farmland, pastures, and cleared forest patches return to forest. There are many questions about 'why, what, where, and how' to manage for early successional habitats. In this book, expert scientists and experienced land managers synthesize knowledge and original scientific work to address critical questions sparked by the decline of early successional habitats.
- Temperate fruit crop breeding germplasm to genomics 2008Springer
- Thin layer chromatography in phytochemistry 2008CRCnetBASE
- Thirty years of photosynthesis 1974-2004 2006Springer
- Tobacco BY-2 cells from cellular dynamics to omics 2006Springer
- Traditional herbal medicines for modern times v. 1-, 2002-CRCnetBase
- Traditional medicines for modern times antidiabetic plants 2006CRCnetBASE
- Transgenic cotton methods and protocols 2013Springer ProtocolsTransgenic cotton : from biotransformation methods to agricultural application / Baohong Zhang -- Genetically modified cotton in India and detection strategies / Gurinder Jit Randhawa and Rashmi Chhabra -- Agrobacterium-mediated transformation of cotton / Baohong Zhang -- Biolistic transformation of cotton zygotic embryo meristem / Kanniah Rajasekaran -- Biolistic transformation of cotton embryogenic cell suspension cultures / Kanniah Rajasekaran -- Cotton transformation via pollen tube pathway / Min Wang, Baohong Zhang, and Qinglian Wang -- Silicon carbide whisker-mediated transformation of cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.) / Muhammad Arshad, Yusuf Zafar, and Shaheen Asad -- Investigating transgene integration and organization in cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.) genome / Jun Zhang and Yan Hong -- Estimating the copy number of transgenes in transformed cotton by real-time quantitative PCR / Chengxin Yi and Yan Hong -- Development of enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the detection of Bt protein in transgenic cotton / Suchitra Kamle, Abhishek Ojha, and Arvind Kumar -- DNA-based diagnostics for genetically modified cotton : decaplex PCR assay to Differentiate MON531 and MON15985 Bt cotton events / Gurinder Jit Randhawa, Monika Singh, and Rashmi Chhabra -- Simple and rapid method for determining transgenic cotton plants / Baohong Zhang [and others] -- Efficient grafting technique for recovery of transgenic cotton plants / Min Wang, Qinglian Wang, and Baohong Zhang -- Inheritance of transgenes in transgenic Bt lines resistance to Helicoerpa armigera in upland cotton / Baolong Zhang, Wangzhen Guo, and Tianzhen Zhang -- Agrobacterium rhizogenes-induced cotton hairy root culture as an alternative tool for cotton functional genomics / Hee Jin Kim -- Overexpression of miR 156 in cotton via Agrobacterium-mediated transformation / Baohong Zhang [and others] -- Development of transgenic CryIA(c) + GNA cotton plants via pollen tube pathway method confers resistance to Helicoverpa armigera and Aphis gossypii Glover / Zhi Liu, Zhen Zhu, and Tianzhen Zhang -- Agrobacterium-mediated transformation of cotton (Gossypium hirsutum) shoot apex with a fungal phytase gene improves phosphorus acquisition / Zhiying Ma, Jianfeng Liu, and Xingfen Wang -- Genetic transformation of cotton with a harpin-encoding gene hpaXoo confers an enhanced defense response against Verticillium dahliae kleb / Weiguo Miao and Jingsheng Wang -- Development of insect-resistant transgenic cotton with chimeric TVip3A* accumulating in chloroplasts / Jiahe Wu and Yingchuan Tian -- Determining gene flow in transgenic cotton / Xiaoping Pan.
- Transgenic wheat, barley and oats production and characterization protocols 2009Springer ProtocolsTransgenic wheat, barley and oats : production and characterization / Paul A. Lazzeri and Huw D. Jones -- Selection of transformed plants / Huw D. Jones and Caroline A. Sparks -- Reporter genes / Alison Huttly -- Biolistics transformation of wheat / Caroline A. Sparks and Huw D. Jones -- Agrobacterium-mediated transformation of bread and durum wheat using freshly isolated immature embryos / Huixia Wu, Angela Doherty and Huw D. Jones -- Floral transformation of wheat / Sujata Agarwal ... [et al.] -- Highly efficient agrobacterium-mediated transformation of wheat via in planta inoculation / Thierry Risacher ... [et al.] -- Barley transformation using biolistic techniques / Wendy A. Harwood and Mark A. Smedley -- Barley transformation using agrobacterium-mediated techniques / Wendy A. Harwood ... [et al.] -- Transformation of oats and its application to improving osmotic stress tolerance / Shahina B. Maqbool ... [et al.] -- Promoter sequences for defining transgene expression / Huw D. Jones and Caroline A. Sparks -- Down-regulation of gene expression by RNA-induced gene silencing / Silvia Travella and Beat Keller -- Gene insertion patterns and sites / Philippe Vain and Vera Thole -- Fluorescent in situ hybridization to detect transgene integration into plant genomes / Trude Schwarzacher -- Establishing substantial equivalence : transcriptomics / María Marcela Baudo ... [et al.] -- Establishing substantial equivalence : proteomics / Alison Lovegrove, Louise Salt, and Peter R. Shewry -- Establishing substantial equivalence : metabolomics / Michael H. Beale, Jane L. Ward, and John M. Baker -- Design and management of field trials of transgenic cereals / Zoltán Bedő, Mariann Rakszegi, and László Láng -- GM risk assessment / Penny A.C. Sparrow -- Transgenic wheat, barley and oats : future prospects / Jim M. Dunwell.
- Turmeric the genus Curcuma 2007CRCnetBASE
- Yeasts a taxonomic study. 5th ed. 2010ScienceDirectFully revised, updated and offered in a new two-volume format, The Yeasts: A Taxonomic Study, 5th Edition remains the most comprehensive presentation of yeast taxonomy and systematics available. Nearly 1500 species of ascomycete and basidiomycete yeasts are included, each description offering not only standard morphological and physiological characters, but also information on systematics, habitat, ecology, agricultural and biotechnological applications and clinical importance. Extensive introductory chapters discuss clinical aspects of yeasts, their role in biotechnology, food and beverage spoilage, agriculture and ecology, while other chapters include methodology for isolation of species from various habitats, phenotypic characterization, chemotaxonomy, gene sequence analysis and phylogenetics, including whole genome analysis. Additionally, easy-to-understand trees illustrate the phylogenetic placement of each species in its assigned genus as they have been determined from gene sequence analysis. This essential work, prepared by the leading experts in the field, is the most definitive treatment of taxonomy and systematics of yeasts on the market, and a necessary reference for any bookshelf or workbench. High quality photomicrographs and line drawings enhance world-class content Detailed trees clearly illustrate phylogenetic placement of each species in its assigned genus Discussion of clinical aspects of yeasts, including their role in biotechnology, agriculture and ecology help contextualize content for a wide range of researchers.
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Access restricted to Stanford community
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
Can't find it?
Look if we have it in print
- Springer Protocols
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more. Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.MicroMedex: Premier pharmaceutical information source containing multiple databases and drug reference tools. Of particular value is DRUGDEX Evaluations, one of the most comprehensive drug sources available.DynaMed is a clinical information resource used by physicians to answer clinical questions quickly and easily at the point of care. Topics are updated daily as new evidence becomes available. Scopus is the largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature: scientific journals, books and conference proceedings.A drug information resource containing: American Hospital Formulary System (AHFS), drug formulary for Lucile Packard Children's Hospital (LPCH) and Stanford Hospital & Clinics (SHC), Lexi-Drugs (adverse reactions, dosage and administration, mechanism of action, storage, use, and administration information), Lexi-Calc, Lexi-ID, Lexi-I.V. Compatibility (King Guide), Lexi-Interact, and Lexi-PALS.Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature (CINAHL) contains coverage of nursing and allied health literature.A knowledge database that provides access to topic reviews based on over 6000 clinically relevant articles. The evidence-based content, updated regularly, provides the latest practice guidelines in 59 medical specialtiesProvides critical assessments of systematic reviews compiled from a variety of medical journals.Selects from the biomedical literature original studies and systematic reviews that are immediately clinically relevant and then summarizes these articles in an enhanced abstract with expert commentary.Multidisciplinary coverage of over 10,000 high-impact journals in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities, as well as international proceedings coverage for over 120,000 conferences. Includes cited reference searching, citation maps, and an analyze tool.Features systematic reviews that summarize the effects of interventions and makes a determination whether the intervention is efficacious or not. Cochrane reviews are created through a strict process of compiling and analyzing data from multiple randomized control trials to ensure comprehensiveness and reliability.Provides systematic coverage of the psychological literature from the 1800s to the present through articles, book chapters and dissertations.BMJ Clinical Evidence. A clinical information tool built around systematic reviews summarizing the current state of knowledge about prevention and treatment of clinical conditions.PIER (Physicians' Information and Education Resource) is a Web-based decision-support tool designed for rapid point-of-care delivery of up-to-date, evidence-based guidance for primary care physicians.Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials (CENTRAL) provides access to 300,000 controlled trials that have been identified the Cochrane Collaboration.Provides drug information targeted for patients.A continually updating drug monograph.The National Guideline Clearinghouse (NGC): A comprehensive database of evidence-based clinical practice guidelines and related documents.MedlinePlus: A repository of health information from the National Library of Medicine. Links are from trusted sites. No advertising, no endorsement of commercial companies or productsLPCH CareNotes via MicroMedex: Patient education handouts customized by LPCH clinical staffMicromedex Lab Advisor: Evidence based laboratory test informationA drug database organized by generic name, trade name and drug class.LPCH / Stanford Hospital Formulary.A goldmine of trusted consumer health information from the world's largest medical library.A trusted source of expert advice for and about kids, providing the information necessary to help patients and parents understand their unique needs.Provides patient handouts from the American Academy of Family Physician.Access to the Stanford Health Library for patients.Lane provides access to over 5,000 eBooks many of which provide helpful background material that will prepare you to better tackle primary literature.Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.A web-based, decision support system for infectious diseases, epidemiology, microbiology and antimicrobial chemotherapy. The database, updated weekly, currently includes 337 diseases, 224 countries, 1,147 microbial taxa and 306 antibacterial (-fungal, -parasitic, -viral) agents and vaccines. Over 10,000 notes outline the status of specific infections within each country.
Large number of high quality software and database programming titles from O'Reilly. Other software titles are also available from Sams and Prentice Hall. Limited to 7 concurrent users.Vast collection of software and database programming titles from multiple publishers, including Microsoft Press.Largest provider of engineering-related eBooks; includes titles in computer science and biomedical engineering.Over 4,000 full-text e-books covering scientific and technical information from CRC Press and others. Many handbooks and single volume reference sources.Includes peer-reviewed life science and biomedical research protocols compiled from Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods in Molecular Medicine, Methods in Biotechnology, Methods in Pharmacology and Toxicology, Neuromethods, the Biomethods Handbook, the Proteomics Handbook, and Springer Laboratory Manuals.Contains full text access to selected biomedical and nursing books.Provides online, full-text access to Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers. Subjects include: life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics and astronomy, engineering and economics. Also includes eBooks.Collection of over 8 thousand fulltext titles in engineering, math, and basic and applied biomedical research. Coverage is from 1967 to the present.A library of ebooks on a wide array of topics, digitized and made available online in conjunction with the original publishers.