Books by Subject
- 13th International Conference on Elec...
- — Handbook of carbohydrate engineering ...
- Handbook of Corynebacterium glutamicu...
- — Synthetic biology ......................
- Synthetic biology ......................
- — [Beta]-barrel channel proteins as too...
- 13th International Conference on Electrical Bioimpedance and the 8th Conference on Electrical Impedance Tomography 2007, Springer
- 3D cell-based biosensors in drug discovery programs 2010, CRCnetBASE"This book is based upon cutting-edge research conducted in the authors lab (Cellular Bioengineering), which over the past decade has developed a number of sophisticated techniques to facilitate use of 3D cell based assays or biosensors. This book uses data from peer-reviewed publications to conclusively justify use of 3D cell cultures in cell-based biosensors (assays) for (HTS). The majority of assays performed in accelerated drug discovery processes are biochemical in nature, but there is a growing demand for live cell-based assays. Unlike biochemical ones, cellular assays are functional approximations of in vivo biological conditions and can provide more biologically relevant information"--Provided by publisher.
- Academia to biotechnology 2005, ScienceDirect
- Adsorption and transport at the nanoscale 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Advances in healthcare technology 2006, Springer
- Advances in stem cell research 2012, SpringerAdvances in stem cell research discusses recent advances in stem cell science, including therapeutic applications. This volume covers such topics as biomanufacturing iPS cells for therapeutic applications, techniques for controlling stem cell fate decisions, as well as current basic research in such areas as germ line stem cells, genomics and proteomics in stem cell research. It is a useful book for biology and clinical scientists, especially young investigators and stem cell biology students who are newly entering the world of stem cells research. The editors hope that the new knowledge and research outlined in this book will help contribute to new therapies for a wide variety of diseases that presently afflict humanity.
- Adverse effects of engineered nanomaterials. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirectA. Engineered nanomaterials: hazard, exposure and safety assessment. Interactions with the human body / Renato Colognato ... [et al.] -- Exposure assessment / Antonio Bergamaschi, Ivo Iavicoli and Kai Savolainen -- Biomonitoring / Enrico bergamaschi and Andrea Magrini -- Critical evaluation of toxicity tests / Maria Dusinska ... [et al.] -- Computational approaches / Vidana Epa, Dave Winkler and Lang Tran -- Regulation and legislation / Maureen R. Gwinn and Birgit Sokull-Klüttgen -- B. Engineered nanomaterials: impact on human health. Respiratory system / Ken Donaldson and Craig Poland -- Cardiovascular system / Jennifer B. Raftis, Nicholas L. Mills and Rodger Duffin -- Neurological system / Sandra Ceccatelli and Giuseppe Bardi -- Immune system / Diana Boraschi and Albert Duschl -- Skin / Nancy A. Monteiro-Riviere and Francesca Larese Filon -- Gastrointestinal tract / Mark A. Jepson -- Reproductive toxicity / Karin Sørig Hougaard and Luisa Campagnolo -- Genotocicity and cancer / Shareen H. Doak, Ying Liu and Chunying Chen -- C. Biomedical applications of engineered nanomaterials. Diagnostic applications / Kalcheng and Zhen Cheng -- Therapeutic applications / Cyrill Bussy ... [et al.] -- Annex: synthesis of engineered nanomaterials / Muhammet S. toprak, Gulaim A. Seisenbaeva and Vadim G. Kessler.
- After the genome 2013, ebraryFaith in science : professional and public discourse on regenerative medicine / Tristan Keys, Nancy M. P. King, and Anthony Atala -- From Arrowsmith to Atwood : how did we come to disrespect science? / Ronald M. Green -- The "warfare" of science and religion and science's ethical profile / Thomas M. Lessl -- Is there a human nature? : an argument against modern excarnation / Jean Bethke Elshtain -- Crossing frontiers of science : trespassing into a godless space, or, Fulfilling our manifest destiny / Leah Ceccarelli -- The angels and devils of representing Prozac / Tod Chambers -- "Leave your medicine outside" : bioethics, spirituality, and the rhetoric of Appalachian serpent handlers / Bill J. Leonard -- Biovaluable stories and a narrative ethics of reconfigurable bodies / Arthur W. Frank -- Blacks and the language of their biotechnological future / Ezra E. H. Griffith -- Bioethics, economism, and the rhetoric of technological innovation / Howard Brody -- Technologies of the self at the end of life : pastoral power and the rhetoric of advance care planning / Lisa Kernen -- Suffering and the rhetoric of care / Judy Segal.
- Alginates 2009, Springer
- Animal cell biotechnology. 2nd ed. 2007, Springer Protocols
- Animal cell technology meets genomics 2005, Springer
- Animal cell technology, basic & applied aspects 2009, Springer
- Animal cell technology, basic & applied aspects 2006, Springer
- Antibiotic discovery and development 2012, Springer
- Antibody expression and production 2011, SpringerEngineered antibodies currently represent over 30 per cent of biopharmaceuticals in clinical trials and their total worldwide sales continue to increase significantly. The importance of antibody applications is reflected in their increasing clinical and industrial applications as well as in the progression of established and emerging production strategies. This volume provides detailed coverage of the generation, optimization, characterization, production and applications of antibody. It provides the necessary theoretical background and description of methods for the expression of antibody in.
- Applications of biotechnology in cardiovascular therapeutics 2011, Springer
- Applications of cell immobilisation biotechnology 2005, Springer
- Applications of gene-based technologies for improving animal production and health in developing countries 2005, Springer
- Applied mycology and biotechnology. Volume 6, Bioinformatics. 1st ed. 2006, ScienceDirect
- Approaches to the conformational analysis of biopharmaceuticals 2010, CRCnetBASEIntroduction to biopharmaceutical conformational analysis : issues and methods -- Comparability of biotechnological/biological products and biological generics -- Application of native electrophoresis for the study of protein conformation -- Affinity chromatography including hydrophobic interaction chromatography in the study of biopolymer conformation -- Size-exclusion chromatography and bimolecular conformation -- Use of analytical ultracentrifugation to study biomolecular conformation -- Use of differential scanning calorimetry to measure conformational change in proteins and other biomacromolecules -- Light scattering and biomacromolecular conformation -- Use of luminescence to measure conformational change in biopharmaceuticals with emphasis on protein and protein drug products -- Near-infrared spectroscopy and macromolecular conformation -- Use of mid-infrared and Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy to study conformation of biomacromolecules -- Use of Raman spectroscopy to evaluate biopharmaceutical conformation -- The use of UV-VIS spectrophotometry for the characterization of biopharmaceutical products -- Use of optical rotatory dispersion and circular dichroism to study therapeutic biomacromolecule conformation -- Use of nuclear magnetic resonance for the characterization of biotherapeutic products -- Use of chemical probes for the study of protein conformation -- Use of hydrogen exchange in the study of biopharmaceutical conformation -- Use of chemical modification for the conformational analysis of biopharmaceuticals -- Use of immunology to characterize biopharmaceutical conformation -- Use of limited proteolysis to study the conformation of proteins of biotechnological interest -- Other technologies for the characterization of conformational change in biopharmaceuticals -- Development of an experimental approach for the study of the conformation of a biological therapeutic product.
- Aspergilli 2008, CRCnetBASE
- Atlas of human pluripotent stem cells 2012, Springer
- Bio-applications of nanoparticles 2007, SpringerSynthetic strategies to size and shape controlled nanocrystals and nanocrystal heterostructures / P. Davide Cozzoli and Liberato Manna -- Current approaches for engineering proteins with diverse biological properties / Isaac T.S. Li, Elizabeth Pham, and Kevin Truong -- Past, present, and future of gold nanoparticles / Travis Jennings and Geoffrey Strouse -- Multi-functional gold nanoparticles for drug delivery / Gang Han, Partha Ghosh, and Vincent M. Rotello -- Quantum dots for cancer molecular imaging / Xiaohu Gao and Shivang R. Dave -- Carbon nanostructures as a new high-performance platform for MR molecular imaging / Keith B. Hartman and Lon J. Wilson -- Magnetic nanoparticle assisted molecular MR imaging / Young-wook Jun, Jung-tak Jang, and Jinwoo Cheon -- Patterning metallic nanoparticles by DNA scaffolds / Rahul Chhabra ... [et al.] -- Liposomes in biology and medicine / Reto A. Schwendener -- Fluorescent nanoparticle for bacteria and DNA detection / Wenjun Zhao, Lin Wang, and Weihong Tan -- Dendrimer 101 / Lajos P. Balogh -- Quantum dots and other fluorescent nanoparticles: quo vadis in the cell? / Dusica Maysinger and Jasmina Lovri -- Toxicity studies of fullerenes and derivatives / Jelena Kolosnjaj, Henri Szwarc, and Fathi Moussa -- Toxicity studies of carbon nanotubes / Jelena Kolosnjaj, Henri Szwarc, and Fathi Moussa.
- Bio-farms for nutraceuticals 2010, SpringerThe Nutra-Snacks project : basic research and biotechnological programs on nutraceutics / Giuseppina Rea ... [et al.] -- Overview of diet-gene interactions and the example of xanthophylls / Barbara Demmig-Adams and William W. Adams III -- Therapeutic potential of dietary polyphenols against brain ageing and neurodegenerative disorders / Giovanni Scapagnini, Calogero Caruso, and Vittorio Calabrese -- Plant phenolics in the prevention and treatment of cancer / Klaus W.J. Wahle ... [et al.] -- Endogenous antioxidants and radical scavengers / Angela Maria Rizzo ... [et al.] -- A nutritional strategy for reducing disease and obesity risks / Teresa Lavecchia ... [et al.] -- Dietary phytochemicals and human health / Justyna Krzyzanowska, Anna Czubacka, and Wieslaw Oleszek --Bioactive compounds from northern plants / Anja Hohtola -- Nutraceutical use of garlic sulfur-containing compounds / Eleftherios Touloupakis and Demetrios F. Ghanotakis -- Genetic engineering to enhance crop-based phytonutrients (nutraceuticals) to alleviate diet-related diseases / Autar K. Mattoo ... [et al.] -- Perspective for the use of genetic transformants in order to enhance the synthesis of the desired metabolites : engineering chloroplasts of microalgae for the production of bioactive compounds / Udo Johanningmeier and Dirk Fischer -- Biological elicitors of plant secondary metabolites : mode of action and use in the production of nutraceutics / Simone Ferrari -- Hairy root cultures for secondary metabolites production / Laura Pistelli ... [et al.] --Plant tissue culture : an opportunity for the production of nutraceuticals / Mariella Lucchesini and Anna Mensuali-Sodi -- Plant cell cultures : bioreactors for industrial production / Barbara Ruffoni ... [et al.] -- Determination of the antioxidants' ability to scavenge free radicals using biosensors / Montserrat Cortina-Puig ... [et al.] -- Biosensors for the determination of phenolic metabolites / Simona Carmen Litescu, Sandra Eremia, and Gabriel Lucian Radu -- Methods for the determination of antioxidant capacity in food and raw materials / Simona Carmen Litescu, Sandra Eremia, and Gabriel Lucian Radu -- Analytical methods for the extraction and identification of secondary metabolite production in 'in vitro' plant cell cultures / Alessandra Bertoli ... [et al.] --Biosensors for functional food safety and analysis / Teresa Lavecchia, Arianna Tibuzzi, and Maria Teresa Giardi -- Biosensors for secondary metabolites, two case studies : ochratoxin A and microcystin / Monica Campàs, Beatriz Prieto-Simón And Régis Rouillon -- Biosensors as analytical tools in food fermentation industry / Lise Barthelmebs ... [et al.] -- An overview of the functional food market : from marketing issues and commercial players to future demand from life in space / Francesca Vergari, Arianna Tibuzzi, and Giovanni Basile -- Legislation on nutraceuticals and food supplements a comparison between regulations in USA and EU / Roberto Giunta, Giovanni Basile, and Arianna Tibuzzi.
- Bioactive egg compounds 2007, Springer
- Biocatalysis in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries 2007, CRCnetBASEch. 1. Nitrilases and nitrile hydratases / Robert DiCosimo -- ch. 2. Biocatalytic deracemization : dynamic resolution, stereoinversion, enantioconvergent processes, and cyclic deracemization / Yolanda Simeo, Wolfgang Kroutil, and Kurt Faber -- ch. 3. A decade of biocatalysis at Glaxo Wellcome / Mahmoud Mahmoudian -- ch. 4. Biocatalysis for synthesis for chiral pharamaceutical intermediates / Ramesh N. Patel -- ch. 5. Directed evolution of lipases and esterases for organic synthesis / Aurelio Hidalgo and Uwe T. Bornscheuer -- ch. 6. Flavin-containing oxidative biocatalysts / Marco W. Fraaije and Willem J.H. van Berkel -- ch. 7. Preparation of chiral pharmaceuticals through enzymatic acylation of alcohols and amines / Vicente Gotor-Fernandez, Francisca Rebolledo, and Vicente Gotor -- ch. 8. Dynamic kinetic resolution and asymmetric transformations by enzyme-metal combinations / Mahn-Joo Kim, Yangsoo Ahn, and Jaiwook Park -- ch. 9. Biotransformation of natural or synthetic compounds for the generation of molecular diversity / Robert Azerad -- ch. 10. Applications of aromatic hydrocarbon dioxygenases / Rebecca E. Parales and Sol M. Resnick -- ch. 11. A genomic approach to investigating baker's yeast reductions / Jon D. Stewart -- ch. 12. Immobilization of enzymes as cross-linked enzyme aggregates : a simple method for improving performance / Roger A. Sheldon -- ch. 13. Biotechnological applications of aldolases / Wolf-Dieter Fessner and Stefan Jennewein -- ch. 14. Enzymatic synthesis of modified nucleosides / Luis A. Condezo ... [et al.] -- ch. 15. Biocatalytic reduction of carbozylic acids : mechanism and applications / Padmesh Venkitasubramanian, Lacy Daniels, and John P.N. Rosazza -- ch. 16. Dehalogenases in biodegradation and biocatalysis / Dick B. Janssen -- ch. 17. Enzymatic synthesis of sugar esters and oligosaccharides from renewable resources / A. Ballestros ... [et al.] -- ch. 18. Efficient methods and instrumentation for engineering custom enzymes / Steven J. Robles, William J. Coleman, and Mary M. Yang -- ch. 19. Deaminating enzymes of the purine cycle as biocatalysts for chemoezymatic synthesis and transformation of antiviral agents structurally related to purine nucleosides / Enzo Santaniello, Pierangela Ciuffreda, and Laura Alessandrini -- ch. 20. Mircobial and enzymatic processes for the production of chiral compounds / Kohsuke Honda ... [et al.] -- ch. 21. Discovery of arylmalonate decarbozylase and conversion of the function by rational design / Kenji Miyamoto and Hiromichi Ohta -- ch. 22. Chemoenzymatic preparation of enantiopure building blocks of synthetic utility / Kenji Mori -- ch. 23. Stereoselective modifications of polyhydorxylated steroids / Elena Fossati and Sergio Riva -- ch. 24. Recent developments in enzymatic acyloin condensations / Owen Ward and Ajay Singh -- ch. 25. Synthesis of chiral alcohols with carbonyl reductase library and robust NAD(P)H regenerating system / Hiroaki Yamamoto and Akinobu Matsuyama -- ch. 26. Comparative analysis of chemical and biocatalyic syntheses of drug intermediates / Michael J. Homann ... [et al.] -- ch. 27. Industrial processes using lyases fo C-C, C-N, and C-O bond formation / Martina Pohl an Andreas Lieses -- ch. 28. State of the art and applications in stereoselective synthesis of chiral cyanohydrins / Franz Effenberger, Siegfried Forster, and Christoph Kobler -- ch. 29. Chiral switches : problems, strategies, opportunities, and experiences / Rene Csuk -- ch. 30. Enzyme evolution for chemical process applications / Gjalt W. Huisman and James J. Lalonde -- ch. 31. Biocatalytic routes to nonracemic chiral amines / Nicholas J. Turner and Reuban Carr -- ch. 32. Enantioselective biocatalytic reduction of ketones for the synthesis of optically active alcohols / Stefan Buchholz and Harald Groger -- ch. 33. Enyzmes catalysis in nonaqueous media : past, present and future / Susanne Dreyer ... [et al.] -- ch. 34. Biocatalyic concepts for the synthesis of optically active amines / Stefan Buchholz and Harald Groger.
- Biochromatography 2002, CRCnetBASEUpstream and downstream steps in biochromatography / Mookambeswaran A. Vijayalakshmi -- Gel filtration / Kjell-Ove Eriksson -- Ion exchange interaction biochromatography / E. Boschetti and P. Girot -- Hydrophobic (interaction) chromatography of proteins / Herbert P. Jennissen -- Conformational behaviour of polypeptides and proteins in reversed phase and lipophilic environments / Milton W. Hearn -- Affinity chromatography / Jaroslava Turková -- Dye ligand affinity chromatography / Robert K. Scopes -- Immobilized synthetic dyes in affinity chromatography / Nikos E. Labrou and Yannis D. Clonis -- Immobilized histidine ligand affinity chromatography / Oliver Pitiot and Mookambeswaran A. Vijayalakshmi -- Immobilized metal-ion affinity chromatography: from phenomenological hallmarks to structure-based molecular insights / Nadir T. Mrabet and Mookambeswaran A. Vijayalakshmi -- Thiophilic interaction chromatography / Sven Oscarsson and Francisco Batista Viera -- Miscellaneous methods in affinity chromatography: Part 1: Boronic acids as selective ligands for affinity chromatography / Xio-Chuan Liu and William H. Scouten -- Miscellaneous methods in affinity chromatography: Part 2: Shielded affinity chromatography in packed bed and expanded bed mode / Igor Yu. Galaev and Bo Mattiasson -- Glycobiology and biochromatography / Henri Debray, Gérard Strecker and Jean Montreuil -- Capillary electrokinetic chromatography / Gargi Choudhary and Csaba Horváth -- Imprinted polymers as tailor-made stationary phases for affinity separation / Karsten Haupt, Peter A.G. Cormack and Klaus Mosbach -- Computer-aided simulation of biochromatography / Nicolas Voute -- Industrial biochromatography: engineering aspects / F.A.P. Garcia, D.M.F. Prazeres and J.M.S. Cabral -- Validation aspects in biochromatography / Charles Lutsch -- Biochromatography and biomedical applications / C. Legallais, Mookambeswaran A. Vijayalakshmi and Ph. Moriniére.
- Bioinformatics technologies 2005, MyiLibrary
- Biomaterials for surgical operation 2012, Springer1. Introduction -- 2. Biological Events Associated with Surgical Operation -- 3. Bioabsorbable Polymers -- 4. Sealants (Adhesives) to Prevent Bleeding -- 5. Barriers to Prevent Tissue Adhesion -- 6. Devices for Bone Fixation -- 7. Growth Factors for Promoting Wound Healing -- 8. Sutures for Wound Closure -- 9. Conclusions.
- Biomedical consulting agreements 2012, ebraryIssues to consider when negotiating a consulting agreement -- What constitutes consulting? -- Scope of services -- Cash compensation -- Shares, stock options, and taxes -- Confidentiality obligations -- IP rights -- Noncompetition -- Time commitment -- Term and termination -- Multiple relationships with one company -- Start-up issues -- Other clauses -- Use of consulting entity.
- Biomedical nanotechnology 2005, CRCnetBASEConverging technologies : nanotechnology and biomedicine / Mihail C. Roco -- Trends in biomedical nanotechnology programs worldwide / Mark Morrison and Ineke Malsch -- Nanotechnology and trends in drug delivery systems with self-assembled carriers / Kenji Yamamoto -- Implants and prostheses / Jeroen J.J.P. van den Beucken, X. Frank Walboomers, and John A. Jansen -- Diagnostics and high throughput screening / Aránzazu del Campo and Ian J. Bruce -- Nano-enabled components and systems for biodefense / Calvin Shipbaugh ... [et al.] -- Social and economic contexts : making choices in the development of biomedical nanotechnology / Ineke Malsch -- Potential risks and remedies / Emmanuelle Schuler.
- Biomedical technology and devices handbook 2004, CRCnetBASEMeasuring Body Temperature / Daniel S. Moran, Stephen L. Gaffin, Liran Mendel -- Ultrasonic Blood Flow and Velocity Measurement / Craig J. Hartley -- Electromagnetic Blood Flow Measurements / Reza Tabrizchi, Noriko Iida -- Electromyography: Detection, Processing, and Applications / Marco Pozzo, Dario Farina, Roberto Merletti -- Evoked Potentials / Hermann Hinrichs -- Electroencephalography / Hermann Hinrichs -- Hearing and Audiologic Assessment / Herbert Jay Gould, Daniel S. Beasley -- Magnetic Resonance Imaging / Timothy P.L. Roberts, Christopher K. Macgowan -- Ultrasonic Imaging / Elisa E. Konofagou -- Emission Imaging: SPECT and PET / Anthony J. McGoron, Juan Franquiz -- Endoscopy / Thomas D. Wang, George Triadafilopoulos -- Functional Brain Mapping Using Intracranial Source Imaging / George Zouridakis, Darshan Iyer -- Molecular Biology Techniques and Applications / Lidia Kos, Roman Joel Garcia -- Theoretical Considerations for the Efficient Design of Dna Arrays / Arnold Vainrub ... [et al.] -- Biological Assays: Cellular Level / Clark T. Hung, Robert L. Mauck -- Histology and Staining / S.E. Greenwald, A.G. Brown.Radioimmunoassay: Technical Background / Eiji Kawasaki -- Genetic Engineering of Animals / Carl A. Pinkert -- Gene-Enhanced Tissue Engineering / Stelios T. Andreadis -- Shear Stress and Chondrocytes / C.Corey Scott, Kyriacos A. Athanasiou -- Bioactive Scaffold Design for Articular Cartilage Engineering / Eric M. Darling, Kyriacos A. Athanasiou -- Anesthesia/Monitoring Devices / Spencer Kee -- Intraoperative Neurophysiological Monitoring Carla S. Hatten, George Zouridakis -- Technical Considerations in the Contruction of Vascular Anastomoses / Mark A. Grevious ... [et al.] -- Minimally Invasive Cardiovascular Technologies / James E. Moore ... [et al.] -- Stereotactic Procedures / Michael D. Weil -- Ambulatory Applications for Monitoring Physiological Parameters / Carolyn B. Yucha, Pei-Shan Tsai, Kristine S. Calderon -- Neural Prostheses for Movement Restoration / Dejan B. Popovic -- Pharmaceutical Technical Background on Delivery Methods / Robert S. Litman ... [et al.] -- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy / Tonja Weed, Timothy Bill, Thomas J. Gampper -- Image-Guided Thermal Therapy / Rajiv Chopra -- Medical Robotics / Kevin Cleary, Charles C. Nguyen.
- Biomedical technology assessment 2010, AtyponEvaluating biomedical technology poses a significant challenge in light of the complexity and rate of introduction in today's healthcare delivery system. Successful evaluation requires an integration of clinical medicine, science, finance, and market analysis. Little guidance, however, exists for those who must conduct comprehensive technology evaluations. The 3Q Method meets these present day needs. The 3Q Method is organized around 3 key questions dealing with 1) clinical and scientific basis, 2) financial fit and 3) strategic and expertise fit. Both healthcare providers (e.g., hospitals) and medical industry providers can use the Method to evaluate medical devices, information systems and work processes from their own perspectives. The book describes the 3Q Method in detail and provides additional suggestions for optimal presentation and report preparation.
- Biomimetics 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Biomolecular computation for bionanotechnology 2007, Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Print Material
- Bionanotechnology 2006, Springer
- Bionanotechnology 2009, CRCnetBASE
- Biosensors and cancer 2013, CRCnetBASEFunctional optical imaging-based biosensors / Pablo Iglesias and Jose A. Costoya -- Use of a surface plasmon resonance (SPR) biosensor to characterize zwitterionic coatings on SiO2 for cancer biomarker detection / Norman D. Brault, Shaoyi Jiang, and Qiuming Yu -- Microcantilever-based biosensor array for tumor angiogenic marker detection / Riccardo Castagna and Carlo Ricciardi -- Electrochemical DNA biosensors at the nanoscale / Rosa Letizia Zaffino ... [et al.] -- Aptamer-based biosensors for cancer studies / Ilaria Palchetti and Marco Mascini -- Fluorescent biosensors for cancer cell imaging and diagnostics / May C. Morris -- Electrical and electrochemical immunosensor for cancer study / Seung Yong Lee and Seung Yong Hwang -- Multifunctional nanobiosensors for cancer / Dai-Wen Pang and Er-Qun Song -- Silicon nanowire biosensor for cancer markers / Yang-Kyu Choi and Chang-Hoon Kim -- DNA-electrochemical biosensors and oxidative damage to DNA : application to cancer / Victor Constantin Diculescu and Ana Maria Oliveira Brett -- Asparaginase-based asparagine biosensors and their application to leukemia / Neelam Verma and Kuldeep Kumar -- Breast cancer detection using surface plasmon resonance-based biosensors / Chii-Wann Lin and Chia-Chen Chang -- Detection of miRNA with silicon nanowire biosensors / Guo-Jun Zhang -- Biosensors for BCR-ABL activity and their application to cancer / Yusuke Ohba ... [et al.] -- Optical fiber nanobiosensor for single living cell detections of cancers / Xin Ting Zheng and Chang Ming Li -- Microfluidic biosensors for thyroglobulin detection and application to thyroid cancer / Seokheun Choi and Junseok Chae -- Optical biosensors and applications to drug discovery and development in cancer research / Carlo Bertucci and Angela De Simone -- Single-chain fragment variable recombinant antibodies and their applications in biosensors for cancer diagnosis / Xiangqun Zeng and Ray Mernaugh -- DNA biosensor for rapid detection of anticancer drugs / Sigen Wang and Ruili Wang -- Using UV light to engineer biosensors for cancer detection : the case of prostate specific antigen / Maria Teresa Neves-Petersen, Antonietta Parracino, and Steffen B. Petersen.
- Biosignal and biomedical image processing 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Biosurfactants 2010, Springer
- Biotechnological applications of photosynthetic proteins 2006, SpringerIntroduction: the emergence of a new technology / Maria Teresa Giardi -- A brief story of biosensor technology / Marco Mascini -- Photosystem II: composition and structure / Aspasia Spyridaki, Emmanuel Psylinakis, and Demetrios F. Ghanotakis -- Biogenesis and structural dynamics of the photosystem II complex / Josef Komenda ... [et al.] -- Engineering the D1 subunit of photosystem II: application to biosensor technology / Udo Johanningmeier ... [et al.] -- Chloroplast genomics of land plants and algae / Margarita S. Odintsova and Nadezhda P. Yurina -- Comparison of the immobilization techniques for photosystem II / Regis Rouillon ... [et al.] -- Comparison of photosynthetic organisms of the evolution scale for protein biochips / Maria Teresa Giardi, Dania Esposito, and Giuseppe Torzillo -- Signal transduction techniques for photosynthetic proteins / Pinalysa Cosma, Francesco Longobardi, and Angela Agostiano -- Biotechnological and computational approaches for the development of biosensors / Giulio Testone ... [et al.] --The problem of herbicide water monitoring in Europe / Licia Guzzella and Fiorenzo Pozzoni -- Application of chloroplast D1 protein in biosensors for monitoring photosystem II-inhibiting herbicides / Elena V. Piletska, Sergey A. Piletsky, and Regis Rouillon -- Photosystem II-based biosensors for the detection of photosynthetic herbicides / Maria Teresa Giardi and Emanuela Pace -- Mimicking the plastoquinone-binding pocket of photosystem II using molecularly imprinted polymers / Florent Breton ... [et al.] -- Photosystem II biosensors for heavy metals monitoring / Regis Rouillon ... [et al.] -- Development of biosensors for the detection of hydrogen peroxide / Louisa Giannoudi, Elena V. Piletska, and Sergey A. Piletsky -- Biodevices for space research / Dania Esposito ... [et al.] -- Successes in the development and application of innovative techniques / Eleftherios touloupakis ... [et al.].
- Biotechnology (Arlington, Va.) v. 4-, 2006-, Springer
- Biotechnology in surgery 2011, Springer
- Biotechnology in the pulp and paper industry 2002, ScienceDirect
- Biotechnology of fungal genes 2012, CRCnetBASEIdentification of fungal pathogenicity genes by Agrobacterium tumefaciens-mediated transformation / Karunakaran Maruthachalam ... [et al.] -- The genetics and molecular biology of carotenoid biosynthesis in mucorales / Catalina Sanz, Mahdi Shahriari, and Arturo P. Eslava -- Induction and repression of carbohydrate degrading enzymes in fungi with special reference to their coding genes / Pauline Walsh, Alan Hernon, and Anthonia O'Donovan -- Involvement of ADH1, IPT1, and PMT genes in Candida albicans pathogenesis / Mahmoud Rouabhia and Mahmoud Ghannoum -- Enhanced resistance to fungal pathogens in plants through selective utilization of useful fungal genes / B.K. Sarma ... [et al.] -- Genes encoding penicillin and cephalosporin biosinthesis in Acremonium chrysogenum : two separate clusters are required for cephalosporin production / Juan-Francisco Martøn, Carlos Garcia-Estrada, and Ricardo V. Ullon -- A review of the fungal B-galactosidase gene and its biotechnological applications / Anne G. Lydon -- Trichoderma genes involved in interactions with fungi and plants / Mala Mukherjee -- Use of luciferases as a tool to analyze fungal physiology in association with gene transcription / David M. Arana and Jess Pla --Fungal genes and their respective enzymes in industrial food, bio-based, and pharma applications / Marco van den Berg ... [et al.] -- Fungal metacaspases : an overview / Anthonia O'Donovan, Finola E. Cliffe, and Mary C. Shier -- Signaling molecules in the Arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi / Mohammad Miransari -- Role of pathogenic genes of Fusarium oxysporum, coding cell wall degrading enzymes during wilt infection in plants / Vijai Kumar Gupta, Maria Tuohy, and A. Manimaran -- Engineering fungal expression systems : recombinant expression of two class I alpha-1, 2-mannosidases from the filamentous fungus Aspergillus nidulans / C. Joshua Eades and William E. Hintz -- PCR-diagnostic of Septoria nodorum berk : aggresivenes in wheat tissue / I.V. Maksimov and A.Sh. Valeev -- Detection of toxigeneic and pathogenic fungi targeting metabolic pathway genes / Venkataramana Mudili ... [et al.] -- Pathogenicity genes in entomopathogenic fungia used as biopesticides / K. Uma Devi ... [et al.].
- Biotechnology of plasma proteins 2013, CRCnetBASE"Discussing the role of plasma proteins in current biotechnology, this book describes the protein composition of human plasma, the fractionation of plasma to obtain therapeutic proteins, and the analysis of these products. It delineates the path from plasma products to recombinant products, and highlights products from albumin, intravenous immunoglobins, and coagulation. It offers a comprehensive review of current techniques for the analysis of proteins including electrophoresis, chromatography, spectrophotometry, and mass spectrometry as well as updates not published since 1975"--Provided by publisher.
- Biotechnology organizations in action 2002, ScienceDirect
- Biotransformations 2002, ScienceDirect
- Biotransformations and bioprocesses 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Bone densitometry for technologists. 2nd ed. 2006, Springer
- Brutes or angels 2013, ebraryA guide to the rapidly progressing Age of Biotechnology, Brutes or Angels provides basic information on a wide array of new technologies in the life sciences, along with the ethical issues raised by each. With stem cell research, Dolly the cloned sheep, in vitro fertilization, age retardation, and pharmaceutical mind enhancement, humankind is now faced with decisions that it has never before had to consider. The thoughtfulness, or lack of it, that we bring to those decisions will largely determine the future character of the living world.
- Building customized data pipelines using the Entrez Programming Utilities (eUtils) 2005, NCBI Bookshelf
- Calculations for molecular biology and biotechnology. 2nd ed. 2010, ScienceDirectChapter 1. Scientific notation and metric prefixes -- Chapter 2. Solutions, mixtures, and media -- Chapter 3. Cell growth -- Chapter 4. Working with bacteriophages -- Chapter 5. Nucleic acid quantification -- Chapter 6. Labeling nucleic acids with radioisotopes -- Chapter 7. Oligonucleotide synthesis -- Chapter 8. The polymerase chain reaction (PCR) -- Chapter 9. The real-time polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) -- Chapter 10. Recombinant DNA -- Chapter 11. Protein -- Chapter 12. Centrifugation -- Chapter 13. Forensics and paternity.
- Cell culture technology for pharmaceutical and cell-based therapies 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Cell therapy 2009, SpringerPart 1. Regulatory. -- Regulation of Cell Product Manufacturing and Delivery: A United States Perspective / R.W. Lindblad -- The Regulatory Situation for Academic Cell Therapy Facilities in Europe / I. Slaper-Cortenbach, M. Scott, D. Herrmann, M. Introna and K. Theunissen, et al. -- A Regulatory System for Cell and Tissue Therapies: Proposed Approach in Australia / A. Farrugia -- Part 2. GMP Facility Design. -- University of Minnesota - Molecular and Cellular Therapeutics (MCT) / D.H. McKenna -- University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute - Hematopoietic Stem Cell Laboratory (HSC Lab)/Immunological Monitoring and Cellular Products Laboratory (IMCPL) / D.L. Griffin, A.D. Donnenberg and T.L. Whiteside / Baylor College of Medicine - Center for Cell and Gene Therapy (CAGT) / A. Gee -- Design of a New GMP Facility - Lessons Learned / A. Gee -- Part 3. Professional Cell Therapy Standards. -- AABB Cell Therapy Standards / Z.M. Szczepiorkowski and E. Nunes -- Professional Standards for Cellular Therapies: Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy (FACT) / P.I. Warkentin -- Part 4. Facility Operations -- Standard Operating Procedures / C.G. Lindgren -- Staffing, Training, and Competency / D.M. Kadidlo -- Cleaning Procedures / A. Gee and D.L. Lyon -- Environmental Monitoring / A. Gee and D.L. Lyon -- Supply Management / A. Gee and C.M. Rooney -- Facility Equipment / D.L. Griffin -- Quality / J.W. Atkins -- Product Manufacturing / A. Gee -- Product Review, Release, and Administration / N.H. Collins -- Use of a Facility Master File to Facilitate Regulatory Submissions for Cell Therapy Products / E.J. Read and H.M. Khuu.
- Cellulases. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirectCellulase refers to a class of enzymes produced chiefly by fungi, bacteria, and protozoans that catalyze cellulolysis. This volume in the Methods in Enzymology series comprehensively covers this topic.
- Chemistry of nanomaterials v. 1-2, 2004, Wileyv. 1. Nanomaterials : an introduction / C.N.R. Rao, A. Müller, A.K. Cheetham -- Strategies for the scalable synthesis of quantum dots and related nanodimensional materials / Paul O'Brien, N. Pickett -- Moving nanoparticles around : phase-transfer processes in nanomaterials synthesis / M. Sastry -- Mesoscopic assembly and other properties of metal and semiconductor nanocrystals / G.U. Kulkarni, P.J. Thomas, C.N.R. Rao -- Oxide nanoparticles / R. Seshadri -- Sonochemistry and other novel methods developed for the synthesis of nanoparticles / Y. Mastai, A. Gedanken -- Solvothermal synthesis of non-oxide nanomaterials / Y.T. Qian, Y.L. Gu, J. Lu -- Nanotubes and nanowires / A. Govindaraj, C.N.R. Rao -- Synthesis, assembly and reactivity of metallic nanorods / C.J. Murphy ... [et al.] -- Oxide-assisted growth of silicon and related nanowires : growth mechanism, structure and properties / S.T. Lee, R.Q. Zhang, Y. Lifshitz -- v. 2. Electronic structure and spectroscopy of semiconductor nanocrystals / S. Sapra, D.D. Sarma -- Core-shell semiconductor nanocrystals for biological labeling / R.E. Bailey, S. Nie -- Large semiconductor molecules / J.F. Corrigan, M.W. DeGroot -- Oxomolybdates : from structures to functions in a new era of nanochemistry / A. Müller, S. Roy -- Nanostructured polymers / S. Ramakrishnan -- Recent developments in the chemistry and chemical applications of porous silicon / J.M. Schmeltzer, J.M. Buriak -- Nanocatalysis / S. Abbet, U. Heiz -- Nanoporous materials / A.K. Cheetham, P.M. Forster -- Photochemistry and electrochemistry of nanoassemblies / P.V. Kamat -- Electrochemistry with nanoparticles / S. Devarajan, S. Sampath -- Nanolithography and nanomanipulation / A.K. Raychaudhuri.
- Christian religion and biotechnology 2005, Springer
- Chromosome nanoscience and technology 2008, CRCnetBASEMechanical approaches to elucidate mechanisms of chromosome condensation at the nano- and microlevels / Kazushige Kawabata ... [et al.] -- Development of novel AFM probes for chromosome manipulation / Masato Saito, Gen Hashiguchi and Eiichi Tamiya -- Microchamber array-based sequence-specific DNA detection from a single chromosome via trace volume PCR / Masato Saito and Eiichi Tamiya -- On-chip chromosome sorter using electric and magnetic fields / Takahito Inoue ... [et al.] -- Fluorescence microscopy for analysis of chromosome dynamics / Sachihiro Matsunaga -- Fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) as a tool for comparative genomics: application of FISH to studies of chromosome evolution in vertebrates / Yoichi Matsuda ... [et al.] -- Immunocytochemistry for analyzing chromosomes / Osamu Hoshi ... [et al.] --Proteome analysis of human metaphase chromosomes / Kiichi Fukui and Susumu Uchiyama -- Antipeptide antibodies for examining the conformation and molecular assembly of an intracellular protein / Masatoshi Nakagawa ... [et al.] -- Structure and interactions of the imitation SWI-type chromatin-remodeling complex, ATP-dependent chromatin-assembly facter / Tadayasu Ohkubo ... [et al.] -- Dynamic and functional analysis of chromosomal proteins / Nobuko Ohmido ... [et al.] -- Development of a sustainable chromosome imaging database / Kenji Taniguchi ... [et al.] -- Image database and image analysis of chromosome information / Shin-ichi Toyabe ... [et al.].Transmission and scanning electron microscopy of mammalian metaphase chromosomes / Sumire Inaga, Keiichi Tanaka and Tatsuo Ushiki -- Atomic force microscopy of human chromosomes in relation to their higher-order structure / Osamu Hoshi, Daisuke Fukushi and Tatsuo Ushiki -- Mechanism of higher-order chromatin folding revealed by AFM observation of in vitro reconstituted chromatin / Kohji Hizume ... [et al.] -- Scanning near-field optical/atomic force microscopy as a tool for simultaneous specification of chromosome topography and particular gene location on the nanometer scale / Motoharu Shichiri ... [et al.] -- Isolation of human and plant chromosomes as nanomaterials / Susumu Uchiyama, Tomoyuki Doi and Kiichi Fukui --
- Clinical aspects of electroporation 2011, SpringerIntroduction to Electroporation -- Electroporation and Cellular Physiology -- The Cell in the Electric Field -- Understanding Electric Fields for Clinical Use -- Generators and Applicators: Equipment for Electroporation -- Cell Electropermeabilization and Cellular Uptake of Small Molecules: The Electrochemotherapy Concept -- Vascular-Disrupting Action of Electrochemotherapy: Mode of Action and Therapeutic Implications -- Electrochemotherapy of Small Tumors; The Experience from the ESOPE (European Standard Operating Procedures for Electrochemotherapy) Group -- Electrochemotherapy for Larger Malignant Tumors -- Cell Electroporation in Bone Tissue -- Drug and Gene Electrotransfer to the Brain -- Minimally Invasive Intraluminal Tumor Ablation -- Electrotransfer of Plasmid DNA -- Gene Electrotransfer to Tumor -- Gene Electrotransfer to Lung -- Gene Electrotransfer to Muscle Tissue: Moving into Clinical Use -- Gene Electrotransfer to Skin -- Electroporation-Mediated DNA Vaccination -- Irreversible Electroporation (IRE) on Liver Tumor Ablation: A Summary of Preclinical Translational Research -- Translational Research on Irreversible Electroporation: VX2 Rabbit Head and Neck -- Clinical Research on Irreversible Electroporation of the Liver.
- Computer and template assisted orthopedic surgery 2013, SpringerComputer-assisted surgery is a growing sub-discipline of orthopaedic surgery. This book offers a comprehensive presentation of scientific work and clinical experience including new technologies like individual templating in unicompartmental and total knee arthoplasty based on computer-assisted design technology. Computer-assisted surgery involves not only total knee and total hip arthroplasty, but also trauma, sports and revision surgery. In this edition we have added sections on 3D fluoroscopy-based spinal surgery as well as 3D fluoroscopy-based trauma surgery. Even in total hip surgery, navigation systems offer exciting new aspects, and the clinical benefit of navigation in total knee arthroplasties has now been demonstrated. We believe that this textbook will be of interest to those new to this specific field, while also providing an update for experienced users. An added benefit is the international character of this textbook, including experiences from Switzerland, Israel, the United States and the German-speaking countries.
- Contract research and development organizations 2011, Springer
- Corynebacterium glutamicum 2013, Springer
- This book addresses the impacts of current and future reproductive technologies on our world food production and provides a significant contribution to the importance of research in the area of reproductive physiology that has never been compiled before. It would provide a unique opportunity to separate the impacts of how reproductive technologies have affected different species and their contributions to food production. Lastly, no publication has been compiled that demonstrates the relationship between developments in reproductive management tools and food production that may be used a reference for scientists in addressing future research areas. During the past 50 years assisted reproductive technologies have been developed and refined to increase the number and quality of offspring from genetically superior farm animal livestock species. Artificial insemination (AI), estrous synchronization and fixed-time AI, semen and embryo cryopreservation, multiple ovulation and embryo transfer (MOET), in vitro fertilization, sex determination of sperm or embryos, and nuclear transfer are technologies that are used to enhance the production efficiency of livestock species.
- Current protocols in chemical biology 2010-, WileyCurrent Protocols in Chemical Biology provides validated protocols and overviews about specialized chemical techniques and tools for studies of biology and drug design. These tools include small-molecule design, synthesis, derivatization, handling, and detection as well as advances in laboratory automation, robotics, and medicinal chemistry as applied to high-throughput screening (HTS). Methods for modification of proteins, nucleic acids, carbohydrates and lipids for their use as tools in the study of particular biological systems are also included
- Current protocols in nucleic acid chemistry 2002-, Wiley
- ch. 1. Introduction, p. 1-3 / Kai Johnsson and Susanne Brakmann, p. 1-3 -- ch. 2. Evolutionary Biotechnology - From Ideas and Concepts to Experiments and Computer Simulations / Peter Schuster, p. 5-28 -- ch. 3. Using Evolutionary Strategies to Investigate the Structure and Function of Chorismate Mutases / Donald Hilvert, Sean V. Taylor and Peter Kast, p. 29-62 -- ch. 4. Construction of Environmental Libraries for Functional Screening of Enzyme Activity / Rolf Daniel, p. 63-78 -- ch. 5. Investigation of Phage Display for the Directed Evolution of Enzymes / Patrice Soumillion and Jacques Fastrez, p. 79-110 -- ch. 6. Directed Evolution of Binding Proteins by Cell Surface Display: Analysis of the Screening Process / K. Dane Wittrup, p. 111-126 -- ch. 7. Yeast n-Hybrid Systems for Molecular Evolution / Brian T. Carter, Hening Lin and Virginia W. Cornish, p. 127-158 -- ch. 8. Advanced Screening Strategies for Biocatalyst Discovery / Andreas Schwienhorst, p. 159-175 -- ch. 9. Engineering Protein Evolution / Stefan Lutz and Stephen J. Benkovic, p. 177-213 -- ch. 10. Exploring the Diversity of Heme Enzymes through Directed Evolution / Patrick C. Cirino and Frances H. Arnold, p. 215-243 -- ch. 11. Directed Evolution as a Means to Create Enantioselective Enzymes for Use in Organic Chemistry / Manfred T. Reetz and Karl-Erich Jaeger, p. 245-279 -- ch. 12. Applied Molecular Evolution of Enzymes Involved in Synthesis and Repair of DNA / John F. Davidson, Jon Anderson, Haiwei Guo, Daniel Landis and Lawrence A. Loeb, p. 281-307 -- ch. 13. Evolutionary Generation Versus Rational Design of Restriction Endonucleases with Novel Specificity / Thomas Lanio, Albert Jeltsch and Alfred Pingoud, p. 309-327 -- ch. 14. Evolutionary Generation of Enzymes with Novel Substrate Specificities / Uwe T. Bornscheuer, p. 329-341.
- Dynamic-clamp 2009, Springer
- Echinodermata 2005, SpringerAre echinoderms of interest to biotechnology? / C. Petzelt -- Cell adhesion and communication : a lesson from echinoderm embryos for the exploitation of new therapeutic tools / F. Zito ... [et al.] -- Cell signalling during sea urchin development : a model for assessing toxicity of environmnetal contaminants / C. Angelini ... [et al.] -- Echinoderm reactive oxygen species (ROS) production measured by peroxidase, luminol-enhanced chemiluminescence (PLCL) as an immunotoxicological tool / G. Coteur, B. Danis, P. Dubois -- Monitoring chemical and physical stress using sea urchin immune cells / V. Matranga ... [et al.] --DNA damage and developmental defects after exposure to UV and heavy metals in sea urchin cells and embryos compared to other invertebrates / H.C. Schröder ... [et al.] -- Echinoderms : their culture and bioactive compounds / M.S. Kelly -- Regenerative response and endocrine disrupters in crinoid echinoderms : an old experimental model, a new ecotoxicological test / M.D. Candia Carnevali -- Echinoderm adhesive secretions : from experimental characterization to biotechnological applications / P. Flammang, R. Santos, D. Haesaerts -- Mutable collagenous tissue : overview and biotechnological perspective / I.C. Wilkie -- Bioresources from echinoderms / Y. Yokota.
- Encyclopedia of smart materials 2002, WileyIncludes biomedical and health applications, biomedical sensing, cure and health monitoring, drug deliversy systems, health monitoring using wave dynamics, polymers, biotechnology and medical applications.
- Essential fatty acids and eicosanoids 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Ethics for bioengineers 2011, AtyponIncreasingly, biomedical scientists and engineers are involved in projects, design, or research and development that involve humans or animals. The book presents general concepts on professionalism and the regulation of the profession of engineering, including a discussion on what is ethics and moral conduct, ethical theories and the codes of ethics that are most relevant for engineers. An ethical decision-making process is suggested. Other issues such as conflicts of interest, plagiarism, intellectual property, confidentiality, privacy, fraud, and corruption are presented. General guidelines, the process for obtaining ethics approval from ethics Review Boards,and the importance of obtaining informed consent from volunteers recruited for studies are presented. A discussion on research with animals is included. Ethical dilemmas focus on reproductive technologies, stem cells, cloning, genetic testing, and designer babies. The book includes a discussion on ethics and the technologies of body enhancement and of regeneration. The importance of assessing the impact of technology on people, society, and on our planet is stressed. Particular attention is given to nanotechnologies, the environment, and issues that pertain to developing countries. Ideas on gender, culture, and ethics focus on how research and access to medical services have, at times, been discriminatory towards women. The cultural aspects focus on organ transplantation in Japan, and a case study of an Aboriginal child in Canada; both examples show the impact that culture can have on how care is provided or accepted. The final section of the book discusses data collection and analysis and offers a guideline for honest reporting of results, avoiding fraud, or unethical approaches. The appendix presents a few case studies where fraud and/or unethical research have occurred.
- Ethics of research biobanking 2009, SpringerPt. 1. Research biobanking : the traditional approach -- Consent to biobank research : one size fits all? / Bjørn Hofmann, Jan Helge Solbakk, Søren Holm -- What no one knows cannot hurt you : the limits of informed consent in the emerging world of biobanking / Arthur L. Caplan -- Users and uses of the biopolitics of consent : a study of DNA banks / Pascal Ducournau and Anne Cambon-Thomsen -- Information rights on the edge of ignorance / Anne Maria Skrikerud -- The dubious uniqueness of genetic information / Anne Maria Skrikerud -- Duties and rights of biobank participants : principled autonomy, consent, voluntariness and privacy / Lars Øystein Ursin -- Biobanking and disclosure of research results : addressing the tension between professional boundaries and moral intuition / Lynn G. Dressler -- Biobanks and our common good / Erik Christensen -- Trust, distrust and co-production : the relationship between research biobanks and donors / Pascal Ducournau and Roger Strand -- Scientific citizenship, benefit, and protection in population-based research / Vilhj́almur Árnason -- Pt. 2. Research Biobanking : towards a new conceptual approach -- Mapping the language of research biobanking : an analogical approach / Bjørn Hofmann, Jan Helge Solbakk, Søren Holm -- The use of analogical reasoning in umbilical cord blood biobanking / Bjørn Hofmann, Jan Helge Solbakk, Søren Holm -- The Alexandria plan : creating libraries for human tissue research and therapeutic use / Laurie Zoloth -- The art of biocollections / Anne Hambro Alnæs -- The health dugnard : biobank participation as the solidary pursuit of the common good / Lars Øystein Ursin and Berge Solberg -- Embodied gifting : reflections on the role of information in biobank recruitment / Klaus Hoeyer -- Conscription to biobank research? / Bjørn Hofmann, Jan Helge Solbakk, Søren Holm -- Ownership rights in research biobanks : do we need a new king of 'biological property'? / Paula Lobato de Faria -- Legal challenges and strategies in the regulation of research biobanking / Elisabeth Rynning -- Annexation of life : the biopolitics of industrial biology / Jan Reinert Karlsen and Roger Strand -- In the ruins of Babel : should biobank regulations be harmonized / Jan Reinert Karlsen, Jan Helge Solbak, and Roger Strand.
- Evolution of biotechnology 2006, Springer
- Fluid-structure interaction 2006, Springer
- Fluorescence sensors and biosensors 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Food biotechnology. 2nd ed. 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Food science and food biotechnology 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Food-borne pathogens 2006, Springer ProtocolsDetection of hemolysins in Aeromonas spp. isolates from food sources / Rosabel Falcón ... [et al.] -- Detection and purification of Bacillus cereus enterotoxins / Toril Lindbäck and Per Einar Granum -- Campylobacter / Rachel Gorman and Catherine C. Adley -- Detection of Clostridium botulinum by multiplex PCR in foods and feces / Miia Lindström, Mari Nevas, and Hannu Korkeala -- Multiplex PCR for the specific identification of enterohemorrhagic Escherichia coli strains in the O157:H7 complex / Peter C.H. Feng and Steven R. Monday -- Pulsenet's step-by-step laboratory protocol for molecular subtyping of Listeria monocytogenes by macrorestriction and pulsed-field gel electrophoresis / Lewis M. Graves and Balasubramanian Swaminathan --Plesiomonas shigelloides / Ivan Ciznar ... [et al.] -- Pulsed-field gel electrophoresis as a molecular technique in Salmonella epidemiological studies / Rachel Gorman and Catherine C. Adley -- Kits for the detection of food poisoning toxins produced by Bacillus cereus and Staphylococcus aureus / Moira M. Brett -- Microbiological and molecular methods to identify and characterize toxigenic Vibrio cholerae from food samples / Keya De, Ranjan K. Nandy, and G. Balakrish Nair -- HPLC measurement of aflatoxin B1 and metabolites in isolated rat hepatocytes / Jennifer Colford -- Detection of noroviruses of genogroups I and II in drinking water by real-time one-step rRT-PCR / Christian M. Beuret -- Detection of enteroviruses / Miguel-Angel Jiménez-Clavero ... [et al.] --Detection of hepatitis A virus and rotavirus using nucleic acid sequence-based amplification / Julie Jean and Ismaïl Fliss -- Isolation and characterization of cathepsin-L1 protease from Fasciola hepatica excretory/secretory products for the serodiagnosis of human fasciolosis / Sandra O'Neill, Grace Mulcahy, and John Dalton -- Molecular biology methods for detection and identification of Cryptososporidium species in feces, water and shellfish / C.J.P. Lowery ... [et al.] -- Molecular identification of nematode worms from seafood (Anisakis spp. and Pseudoterranova spp.) and meat (Trichinella spp.) / Giuseppe La Rosa, Stefano D'Amelio, and Eduardo Pozio -- Approaches to developing quantitative risk assessment models / Enda J. Cummins -- A review of surveillance networks of food-borne diseases / Camelia Molnar, Rita Wels, and Catherine C. Adley.
- Frontiers in biochip technology 2006, SpringerFulltext MyiLibrary
- Frontiers in chemical sensors 2005, Springer
- Functional foods and biotechnology 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Fundamentals of tissue engineering and regenerative medicine 2009, Springer
- Gene biotechnology. Third Edition [3rd ed.]. 2011, CRCnetBASE"The third edition of this popular reference covers a variety of techniques related to gene manipulation, including DNA isolation, preparation, screening, and analysis. Topics range from very basic methods to current and sophisticated technologies, including methodologies created and tested by the authors. Other topics include approaches to grant funding and SiRNA technology. The authors offer detailed, step-by-step explanations of protocols and helpful troubleshooting guides. This edition features new techniques for every chapter, as well as several new chapters"--Provided by publisher.
- Gene delivery to mammalian cells 2003, Springer Protocolsv. 2 Springer Protocolsv. 1. Nonviral gene transfer techniques -- v. 2. Viral gene transfer techniques.
- Genetically engineered food 2003, WileyPart 1.Application and Perspectives --ch. 1.Transgenic Modification of Production Traits in Farm Animals /Mathias Müller and Gottfried Brem --ch. 2.Genetically Modified Plants /Susanne Stirn and Horst Lörz --ch. 3.Fermented Food Production using Genetically Modified Yeast and Filamentous Fungi /Anke Niederhaus and Ulf Stahl --ch. 4.Production of Food Additives using Filamentous Fungi /Carsten M. Hjort --ch. 5.Perspectives of Genetic Engineering of Bacteria used in Food Fermentations /Arnold Geis --Part II.Legislation in Europe --ch. 6.The Legal Situation for Genetically Engineered Food in Europe /Rudolf Streinz and Lars O. Fuchs --Part III.Methods of Detection --ch. 7.Detection of Genetic Modifications: Some Basic Considerations /Knut J. Heller --ch. 8.DNA-based Methods for Detection of Genetic Modifications /Ralf Einspanier and Stephanie Rief --ch. 9.Genetic Engineering of Fishes and Methods for Detection /Hartmut Rehbein --ch. 10.Detection Methods for Genetically Modified Crops /Rolf Meyer --ch. 11.Methods to Detect the Application of Genetic Engineering in Composed and Processed Foods /Karl-Heinz Engel and Francisco Moreano --ch. 12.Mutations in Lactococcus lactis, and their Detection /Jan Kok and Bertus van den Burg --ch. 13.Detection Methods for Genetically Modified Microorganisms used in Food Fermentation /Walter P. Hammes, Christian Hertel and Torsten Bauer.
- Part I. Application and Perspectives -- ch. 1. Transgenic modification of production traits in farm animals / Gottfried Brem, Mathias Müller -- ch. 2. Genetically modified plants / Susanne Stirn, Horst Lörz -- ch. 3. Fermentation of food by means of genetically modified yeast and filamentous fungi / Rena Leisegang, Elke Nevoigt, Anja Spielvogel, Georg Kristan, Anke Niederhaus, Ulf Stahl -- ch. 4. Production of food additives using filamentous fungi / Carsten M. Hjort -- ch. 5. Genetic engineering of bacteria used in food fermentation / Arnold Geis -- Part II. Legislation in Europe -- ch. 6. The Legal situation for genetically engineered food in Europe / Rudolf Streinz, Jan Kalbheim -- Part III. Methods of Detection -- ch. 7. Detection of genetic modifications : some basic considerations / Knut J. Heller -- ch. 8. DNA-based methods for detection of genetic modifications / Ralf Einspanier -- ch. 9. Genetic engineering of fish, and methods of detection / Hartmut Rehbein -- ch. 10. Detection methods for genetically modified crops / Rolf Meyer -- ch. 11. Methods for detection of genetically modified organisms in composite and processed foods / Karl-Heinz Engel, Francisco Moreano, Alexandra Ehlert -- ch. 12. Mutations in Lactococcus lactis and their detection / Jan Kok, Bertus van den Burg -- ch. 13. Methods for detection of genetically modified microorganisms used in food fermentation processes / Walter P. Hammes, Christian Hertel, Torsten Bauer.
- Genomes. 2nd ed. 2002, NCBI Bookshelf
- Glossary of biotechnology and nanobiotechnology terms. 4th ed. 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Glossary of biotechnology terms. 3rd ed. 2002, CRCnetBASE
- GPCRs 2007, Springer
- Introduction to DNA Microarray Technology, p. 1-22 -- Overview of Data Analysis, p. 23-24 -- Image Analysis, p. 25-31 -- Basic Data Analysis, p. 33-53 -- Visualization by Reduction of Dimensionality, p. 55-62 -- Cluster Analysis, p. 63-76 -- Beyond Cluster Analysis, p. 77-82 -- Automated Analysis, Integrated Analysis, and Systems Biology, p. 83-88 -- Reverse Engineering of Regulatory Networks, p. 89-100 -- Molecular Classifiers, p. 101-110 -- The Design of Probes for Arrays, p. 111-117 -- Genotyping and Resequencing Chips, p. 119-122 -- Experiment Design and Interpretation of Results, p. 123-129 -- Software Issues and Data Formats, p. 131-140 -- Appendix A. Web Resources: Commercial Software Packages, p. 141-143.
- Guide to protein purification. 2nd ed. 2009, ScienceDirect
- Guiding Icarus 2002, Wileych. 1. Introduction -- ch. 2. Genetically modified foods -- ch. 3. DNA data banking -- ch. 4. Personalized medicine -- ch. 5. Stem Cells -- ch. 6. Conclusion.
- Handbook of carbohydrate engineering 2005, CRCnetBASE
- 13th International Conference on Elec...
- — Handbook of carbohydrate engineering ...
- Handbook of Corynebacterium glutamicu...
- — Synthetic biology ......................
- Synthetic biology ......................
- — [Beta]-barrel channel proteins as too...
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases