Books by Subject
- 3D cell-based biosensors in drug discovery programs 2010, CRCnetBASE"This book is based upon cutting-edge research conducted in the authors lab (Cellular Bioengineering), which over the past decade has developed a number of sophisticated techniques to facilitate use of 3D cell based assays or biosensors. This book uses data from peer-reviewed publications to conclusively justify use of 3D cell cultures in cell-based biosensors (assays) for (HTS). The majority of assays performed in accelerated drug discovery processes are biochemical in nature, but there is a growing demand for live cell-based assays. Unlike biochemical ones, cellular assays are functional approximations of in vivo biological conditions and can provide more biologically relevant information"--Provided by publisher.
- Academia to biotechnology 2005, ScienceDirect
- Adsorption and transport at the nanoscale 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Advances in healthcare technology 2006, Springer
- Advances in stem cell research 2012, SpringerAdvances in stem cell research discusses recent advances in stem cell science, including therapeutic applications. This volume covers such topics as biomanufacturing iPS cells for therapeutic applications, techniques for controlling stem cell fate decisions, as well as current basic research in such areas as germ line stem cells, genomics and proteomics in stem cell research. It is a useful book for biology and clinical scientists, especially young investigators and stem cell biology students who are newly entering the world of stem cells research. The editors hope that the new knowledge and research outlined in this book will help contribute to new therapies for a wide variety of diseases that presently afflict humanity.
- Adverse effects of engineered nanomaterials. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirectA. Engineered nanomaterials: hazard, exposure and safety assessment. Interactions with the human body / Renato Colognato ... [et al.] -- Exposure assessment / Antonio Bergamaschi, Ivo Iavicoli and Kai Savolainen -- Biomonitoring / Enrico bergamaschi and Andrea Magrini -- Critical evaluation of toxicity tests / Maria Dusinska ... [et al.] -- Computational approaches / Vidana Epa, Dave Winkler and Lang Tran -- Regulation and legislation / Maureen R. Gwinn and Birgit Sokull-Klüttgen -- B. Engineered nanomaterials: impact on human health. Respiratory system / Ken Donaldson and Craig Poland -- Cardiovascular system / Jennifer B. Raftis, Nicholas L. Mills and Rodger Duffin -- Neurological system / Sandra Ceccatelli and Giuseppe Bardi -- Immune system / Diana Boraschi and Albert Duschl -- Skin / Nancy A. Monteiro-Riviere and Francesca Larese Filon -- Gastrointestinal tract / Mark A. Jepson -- Reproductive toxicity / Karin Sørig Hougaard and Luisa Campagnolo -- Genotocicity and cancer / Shareen H. Doak, Ying Liu and Chunying Chen -- C. Biomedical applications of engineered nanomaterials. Diagnostic applications / Kalcheng and Zhen Cheng -- Therapeutic applications / Cyrill Bussy ... [et al.] -- Annex: synthesis of engineered nanomaterials / Muhammet S. toprak, Gulaim A. Seisenbaeva and Vadim G. Kessler.
- After the genome 2013, ebraryFaith in science : professional and public discourse on regenerative medicine / Tristan Keys, Nancy M. P. King, and Anthony Atala -- From Arrowsmith to Atwood : how did we come to disrespect science? / Ronald M. Green -- The "warfare" of science and religion and science's ethical profile / Thomas M. Lessl -- Is there a human nature? : an argument against modern excarnation / Jean Bethke Elshtain -- Crossing frontiers of science : trespassing into a godless space, or, Fulfilling our manifest destiny / Leah Ceccarelli -- The angels and devils of representing Prozac / Tod Chambers -- "Leave your medicine outside" : bioethics, spirituality, and the rhetoric of Appalachian serpent handlers / Bill J. Leonard -- Biovaluable stories and a narrative ethics of reconfigurable bodies / Arthur W. Frank -- Blacks and the language of their biotechnological future / Ezra E. H. Griffith -- Bioethics, economism, and the rhetoric of technological innovation / Howard Brody -- Technologies of the self at the end of life : pastoral power and the rhetoric of advance care planning / Lisa Kernen -- Suffering and the rhetoric of care / Judy Segal.
- Alginates 2009, Springer
- Animal cell biotechnology. 2nd ed. 2007, Springer Protocols
- Animal cell technology meets genomics 2005, Springer
- Animal cell technology, basic & applied aspects 2009, Springer
- Animal cell technology, basic & applied aspects 2006, Springer
- Antibiotic discovery and development 2012, Springer
- Applications of biotechnology in cardiovascular therapeutics 2011, Springer
- Applications of cell immobilisation biotechnology 2005, Springer
- Applications of gene-based technologies for improving animal production and health in developing countries 2005, Springer
- Applied mycology and biotechnology. Volume 6, Bioinformatics. 1st ed. 2006, ScienceDirect
- Approaches to the conformational analysis of biopharmaceuticals 2010, CRCnetBASEIntroduction to biopharmaceutical conformational analysis : issues and methods -- Comparability of biotechnological/biological products and biological generics -- Application of native electrophoresis for the study of protein conformation -- Affinity chromatography including hydrophobic interaction chromatography in the study of biopolymer conformation -- Size-exclusion chromatography and bimolecular conformation -- Use of analytical ultracentrifugation to study biomolecular conformation -- Use of differential scanning calorimetry to measure conformational change in proteins and other biomacromolecules -- Light scattering and biomacromolecular conformation -- Use of luminescence to measure conformational change in biopharmaceuticals with emphasis on protein and protein drug products -- Near-infrared spectroscopy and macromolecular conformation -- Use of mid-infrared and Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy to study conformation of biomacromolecules -- Use of Raman spectroscopy to evaluate biopharmaceutical conformation -- The use of UV-VIS spectrophotometry for the characterization of biopharmaceutical products -- Use of optical rotatory dispersion and circular dichroism to study therapeutic biomacromolecule conformation -- Use of nuclear magnetic resonance for the characterization of biotherapeutic products -- Use of chemical probes for the study of protein conformation -- Use of hydrogen exchange in the study of biopharmaceutical conformation -- Use of chemical modification for the conformational analysis of biopharmaceuticals -- Use of immunology to characterize biopharmaceutical conformation -- Use of limited proteolysis to study the conformation of proteins of biotechnological interest -- Other technologies for the characterization of conformational change in biopharmaceuticals -- Development of an experimental approach for the study of the conformation of a biological therapeutic product.
- Aspergilli 2008, CRCnetBASE
- Atlas of human pluripotent stem cells 2012, Springer
- Beyond therapy 2003Discusses the conservative philosophy behind the Council's concerns about biotechnology.
- Bio-applications of nanoparticles 2007, SpringerSynthetic strategies to size and shape controlled nanocrystals and nanocrystal heterostructures / P. Davide Cozzoli and Liberato Manna -- Current approaches for engineering proteins with diverse biological properties / Isaac T.S. Li, Elizabeth Pham, and Kevin Truong -- Past, present, and future of gold nanoparticles / Travis Jennings and Geoffrey Strouse -- Multi-functional gold nanoparticles for drug delivery / Gang Han, Partha Ghosh, and Vincent M. Rotello -- Quantum dots for cancer molecular imaging / Xiaohu Gao and Shivang R. Dave -- Carbon nanostructures as a new high-performance platform for MR molecular imaging / Keith B. Hartman and Lon J. Wilson -- Magnetic nanoparticle assisted molecular MR imaging / Young-wook Jun, Jung-tak Jang, and Jinwoo Cheon -- Patterning metallic nanoparticles by DNA scaffolds / Rahul Chhabra ... [et al.] -- Liposomes in biology and medicine / Reto A. Schwendener -- Fluorescent nanoparticle for bacteria and DNA detection / Wenjun Zhao, Lin Wang, and Weihong Tan -- Dendrimer 101 / Lajos P. Balogh -- Quantum dots and other fluorescent nanoparticles: quo vadis in the cell? / Dusica Maysinger and Jasmina Lovri -- Toxicity studies of fullerenes and derivatives / Jelena Kolosnjaj, Henri Szwarc, and Fathi Moussa -- Toxicity studies of carbon nanotubes / Jelena Kolosnjaj, Henri Szwarc, and Fathi Moussa.
- Bioactive egg compounds 2007, Springer
- Biocatalysis in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries 2007, CRCnetBASEch. 1. Nitrilases and nitrile hydratases / Robert DiCosimo -- ch. 2. Biocatalytic deracemization : dynamic resolution, stereoinversion, enantioconvergent processes, and cyclic deracemization / Yolanda Simeo, Wolfgang Kroutil, and Kurt Faber -- ch. 3. A decade of biocatalysis at Glaxo Wellcome / Mahmoud Mahmoudian -- ch. 4. Biocatalysis for synthesis for chiral pharamaceutical intermediates / Ramesh N. Patel -- ch. 5. Directed evolution of lipases and esterases for organic synthesis / Aurelio Hidalgo and Uwe T. Bornscheuer -- ch. 6. Flavin-containing oxidative biocatalysts / Marco W. Fraaije and Willem J.H. van Berkel -- ch. 7. Preparation of chiral pharmaceuticals through enzymatic acylation of alcohols and amines / Vicente Gotor-Fernandez, Francisca Rebolledo, and Vicente Gotor -- ch. 8. Dynamic kinetic resolution and asymmetric transformations by enzyme-metal combinations / Mahn-Joo Kim, Yangsoo Ahn, and Jaiwook Park -- ch. 9. Biotransformation of natural or synthetic compounds for the generation of molecular diversity / Robert Azerad -- ch. 10. Applications of aromatic hydrocarbon dioxygenases / Rebecca E. Parales and Sol M. Resnick -- ch. 11. A genomic approach to investigating baker's yeast reductions / Jon D. Stewart -- ch. 12. Immobilization of enzymes as cross-linked enzyme aggregates : a simple method for improving performance / Roger A. Sheldon -- ch. 13. Biotechnological applications of aldolases / Wolf-Dieter Fessner and Stefan Jennewein -- ch. 14. Enzymatic synthesis of modified nucleosides / Luis A. Condezo ... [et al.] -- ch. 15. Biocatalytic reduction of carbozylic acids : mechanism and applications / Padmesh Venkitasubramanian, Lacy Daniels, and John P.N. Rosazza -- ch. 16. Dehalogenases in biodegradation and biocatalysis / Dick B. Janssen -- ch. 17. Enzymatic synthesis of sugar esters and oligosaccharides from renewable resources / A. Ballestros ... [et al.] -- ch. 18. Efficient methods and instrumentation for engineering custom enzymes / Steven J. Robles, William J. Coleman, and Mary M. Yang -- ch. 19. Deaminating enzymes of the purine cycle as biocatalysts for chemoezymatic synthesis and transformation of antiviral agents structurally related to purine nucleosides / Enzo Santaniello, Pierangela Ciuffreda, and Laura Alessandrini -- ch. 20. Mircobial and enzymatic processes for the production of chiral compounds / Kohsuke Honda ... [et al.] -- ch. 21. Discovery of arylmalonate decarbozylase and conversion of the function by rational design / Kenji Miyamoto and Hiromichi Ohta -- ch. 22. Chemoenzymatic preparation of enantiopure building blocks of synthetic utility / Kenji Mori -- ch. 23. Stereoselective modifications of polyhydorxylated steroids / Elena Fossati and Sergio Riva -- ch. 24. Recent developments in enzymatic acyloin condensations / Owen Ward and Ajay Singh -- ch. 25. Synthesis of chiral alcohols with carbonyl reductase library and robust NAD(P)H regenerating system / Hiroaki Yamamoto and Akinobu Matsuyama -- ch. 26. Comparative analysis of chemical and biocatalyic syntheses of drug intermediates / Michael J. Homann ... [et al.] -- ch. 27. Industrial processes using lyases fo C-C, C-N, and C-O bond formation / Martina Pohl an Andreas Lieses -- ch. 28. State of the art and applications in stereoselective synthesis of chiral cyanohydrins / Franz Effenberger, Siegfried Forster, and Christoph Kobler -- ch. 29. Chiral switches : problems, strategies, opportunities, and experiences / Rene Csuk -- ch. 30. Enzyme evolution for chemical process applications / Gjalt W. Huisman and James J. Lalonde -- ch. 31. Biocatalytic routes to nonracemic chiral amines / Nicholas J. Turner and Reuban Carr -- ch. 32. Enantioselective biocatalytic reduction of ketones for the synthesis of optically active alcohols / Stefan Buchholz and Harald Groger -- ch. 33. Enyzmes catalysis in nonaqueous media : past, present and future / Susanne Dreyer ... [et al.] -- ch. 34. Biocatalyic concepts for the synthesis of optically active amines / Stefan Buchholz and Harald Groger.
- Biochromatography 2002, CRCnetBASEUpstream and downstream steps in biochromatography / Mookambeswaran A. Vijayalakshmi -- Gel filtration / Kjell-Ove Eriksson -- Ion exchange interaction biochromatography / E. Boschetti and P. Girot -- Hydrophobic (interaction) chromatography of proteins / Herbert P. Jennissen -- Conformational behaviour of polypeptides and proteins in reversed phase and lipophilic environments / Milton W. Hearn -- Affinity chromatography / Jaroslava Turková -- Dye ligand affinity chromatography / Robert K. Scopes -- Immobilized synthetic dyes in affinity chromatography / Nikos E. Labrou and Yannis D. Clonis -- Immobilized histidine ligand affinity chromatography / Oliver Pitiot and Mookambeswaran A. Vijayalakshmi -- Immobilized metal-ion affinity chromatography: from phenomenological hallmarks to structure-based molecular insights / Nadir T. Mrabet and Mookambeswaran A. Vijayalakshmi -- Thiophilic interaction chromatography / Sven Oscarsson and Francisco Batista Viera -- Miscellaneous methods in affinity chromatography: Part 1: Boronic acids as selective ligands for affinity chromatography / Xio-Chuan Liu and William H. Scouten -- Miscellaneous methods in affinity chromatography: Part 2: Shielded affinity chromatography in packed bed and expanded bed mode / Igor Yu. Galaev and Bo Mattiasson -- Glycobiology and biochromatography / Henri Debray, Gérard Strecker and Jean Montreuil -- Capillary electrokinetic chromatography / Gargi Choudhary and Csaba Horváth -- Imprinted polymers as tailor-made stationary phases for affinity separation / Karsten Haupt, Peter A.G. Cormack and Klaus Mosbach -- Computer-aided simulation of biochromatography / Nicolas Voute -- Industrial biochromatography: engineering aspects / F.A.P. Garcia, D.M.F. Prazeres and J.M.S. Cabral -- Validation aspects in biochromatography / Charles Lutsch -- Biochromatography and biomedical applications / C. Legallais, Mookambeswaran A. Vijayalakshmi and Ph. Moriniére.
- Bioinformatics technologies 2005, MyiLibrary
- Biomaterials for surgical operation 2012, Springer1. Introduction -- 2. Biological Events Associated with Surgical Operation -- 3. Bioabsorbable Polymers -- 4. Sealants (Adhesives) to Prevent Bleeding -- 5. Barriers to Prevent Tissue Adhesion -- 6. Devices for Bone Fixation -- 7. Growth Factors for Promoting Wound Healing -- 8. Sutures for Wound Closure -- 9. Conclusions.
- Biomedical consulting agreements 2012, ebraryIssues to consider when negotiating a consulting agreement -- What constitutes consulting? -- Scope of services -- Cash compensation -- Shares, stock options, and taxes -- Confidentiality obligations -- IP rights -- Noncompetition -- Time commitment -- Term and termination -- Multiple relationships with one company -- Start-up issues -- Other clauses -- Use of consulting entity.
- Biomedical nanotechnology 2005, CRCnetBASEConverging technologies : nanotechnology and biomedicine / Mihail C. Roco -- Trends in biomedical nanotechnology programs worldwide / Mark Morrison and Ineke Malsch -- Nanotechnology and trends in drug delivery systems with self-assembled carriers / Kenji Yamamoto -- Implants and prostheses / Jeroen J.J.P. van den Beucken, X. Frank Walboomers, and John A. Jansen -- Diagnostics and high throughput screening / Aránzazu del Campo and Ian J. Bruce -- Nano-enabled components and systems for biodefense / Calvin Shipbaugh ... [et al.] -- Social and economic contexts : making choices in the development of biomedical nanotechnology / Ineke Malsch -- Potential risks and remedies / Emmanuelle Schuler.
- Biomedical photonics handbook 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Biomedical technology and devices handbook 2004, CRCnetBASEMeasuring Body Temperature / Daniel S. Moran, Stephen L. Gaffin, Liran Mendel -- Ultrasonic Blood Flow and Velocity Measurement / Craig J. Hartley -- Electromagnetic Blood Flow Measurements / Reza Tabrizchi, Noriko Iida -- Electromyography: Detection, Processing, and Applications / Marco Pozzo, Dario Farina, Roberto Merletti -- Evoked Potentials / Hermann Hinrichs -- Electroencephalography / Hermann Hinrichs -- Hearing and Audiologic Assessment / Herbert Jay Gould, Daniel S. Beasley -- Magnetic Resonance Imaging / Timothy P.L. Roberts, Christopher K. Macgowan -- Ultrasonic Imaging / Elisa E. Konofagou -- Emission Imaging: SPECT and PET / Anthony J. McGoron, Juan Franquiz -- Endoscopy / Thomas D. Wang, George Triadafilopoulos -- Functional Brain Mapping Using Intracranial Source Imaging / George Zouridakis, Darshan Iyer -- Molecular Biology Techniques and Applications / Lidia Kos, Roman Joel Garcia -- Theoretical Considerations for the Efficient Design of Dna Arrays / Arnold Vainrub ... [et al.] -- Biological Assays: Cellular Level / Clark T. Hung, Robert L. Mauck -- Histology and Staining / S.E. Greenwald, A.G. Brown.Radioimmunoassay: Technical Background / Eiji Kawasaki -- Genetic Engineering of Animals / Carl A. Pinkert -- Gene-Enhanced Tissue Engineering / Stelios T. Andreadis -- Shear Stress and Chondrocytes / C.Corey Scott, Kyriacos A. Athanasiou -- Bioactive Scaffold Design for Articular Cartilage Engineering / Eric M. Darling, Kyriacos A. Athanasiou -- Anesthesia/Monitoring Devices / Spencer Kee -- Intraoperative Neurophysiological Monitoring Carla S. Hatten, George Zouridakis -- Technical Considerations in the Contruction of Vascular Anastomoses / Mark A. Grevious ... [et al.] -- Minimally Invasive Cardiovascular Technologies / James E. Moore ... [et al.] -- Stereotactic Procedures / Michael D. Weil -- Ambulatory Applications for Monitoring Physiological Parameters / Carolyn B. Yucha, Pei-Shan Tsai, Kristine S. Calderon -- Neural Prostheses for Movement Restoration / Dejan B. Popovic -- Pharmaceutical Technical Background on Delivery Methods / Robert S. Litman ... [et al.] -- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy / Tonja Weed, Timothy Bill, Thomas J. Gampper -- Image-Guided Thermal Therapy / Rajiv Chopra -- Medical Robotics / Kevin Cleary, Charles C. Nguyen.
- Biomedical technology assessment 2010, AtyponEvaluating biomedical technology poses a significant challenge in light of the complexity and rate of introduction in today's healthcare delivery system. Successful evaluation requires an integration of clinical medicine, science, finance, and market analysis. Little guidance, however, exists for those who must conduct comprehensive technology evaluations. The 3Q Method meets these present day needs. The 3Q Method is organized around 3 key questions dealing with 1) clinical and scientific basis, 2) financial fit and 3) strategic and expertise fit. Both healthcare providers (e.g., hospitals) and medical industry providers can use the Method to evaluate medical devices, information systems and work processes from their own perspectives. The book describes the 3Q Method in detail and provides additional suggestions for optimal presentation and report preparation.
- Biomimetic materials and design 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Biomimetics 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Biomolecular computation for bionanotechnology 2007, Click LINK above for location/circulation status.
- Bionanotechnology 2006, Springer
- Bionanotechnology 2009, CRCnetBASE
- Biosensors and cancer 2013, CRCnetBASEFunctional optical imaging-based biosensors / Pablo Iglesias and Jose A. Costoya -- Use of a surface plasmon resonance (SPR) biosensor to characterize zwitterionic coatings on SiO2 for cancer biomarker detection / Norman D. Brault, Shaoyi Jiang, and Qiuming Yu -- Microcantilever-based biosensor array for tumor angiogenic marker detection / Riccardo Castagna and Carlo Ricciardi -- Electrochemical DNA biosensors at the nanoscale / Rosa Letizia Zaffino ... [et al.] -- Aptamer-based biosensors for cancer studies / Ilaria Palchetti and Marco Mascini -- Fluorescent biosensors for cancer cell imaging and diagnostics / May C. Morris -- Electrical and electrochemical immunosensor for cancer study / Seung Yong Lee and Seung Yong Hwang -- Multifunctional nanobiosensors for cancer / Dai-Wen Pang and Er-Qun Song -- Silicon nanowire biosensor for cancer markers / Yang-Kyu Choi and Chang-Hoon Kim -- DNA-electrochemical biosensors and oxidative damage to DNA : application to cancer / Victor Constantin Diculescu and Ana Maria Oliveira Brett -- Asparaginase-based asparagine biosensors and their application to leukemia / Neelam Verma and Kuldeep Kumar -- Breast cancer detection using surface plasmon resonance-based biosensors / Chii-Wann Lin and Chia-Chen Chang -- Detection of miRNA with silicon nanowire biosensors / Guo-Jun Zhang -- Biosensors for BCR-ABL activity and their application to cancer / Yusuke Ohba ... [et al.] -- Optical fiber nanobiosensor for single living cell detections of cancers / Xin Ting Zheng and Chang Ming Li -- Microfluidic biosensors for thyroglobulin detection and application to thyroid cancer / Seokheun Choi and Junseok Chae -- Optical biosensors and applications to drug discovery and development in cancer research / Carlo Bertucci and Angela De Simone -- Single-chain fragment variable recombinant antibodies and their applications in biosensors for cancer diagnosis / Xiangqun Zeng and Ray Mernaugh -- DNA biosensor for rapid detection of anticancer drugs / Sigen Wang and Ruili Wang -- Using UV light to engineer biosensors for cancer detection : the case of prostate specific antigen / Maria Teresa Neves-Petersen, Antonietta Parracino, and Steffen B. Petersen.
- Biosignal and biomedical image processing 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Biosurfactants 2010, Springer
- Biotechnological applications of photosynthetic proteins 2006, SpringerIntroduction: the emergence of a new technology / Maria Teresa Giardi -- A brief story of biosensor technology / Marco Mascini -- Photosystem II: composition and structure / Aspasia Spyridaki, Emmanuel Psylinakis, and Demetrios F. Ghanotakis -- Biogenesis and structural dynamics of the photosystem II complex / Josef Komenda ... [et al.] -- Engineering the D1 subunit of photosystem II: application to biosensor technology / Udo Johanningmeier ... [et al.] -- Chloroplast genomics of land plants and algae / Margarita S. Odintsova and Nadezhda P. Yurina -- Comparison of the immobilization techniques for photosystem II / Regis Rouillon ... [et al.] -- Comparison of photosynthetic organisms of the evolution scale for protein biochips / Maria Teresa Giardi, Dania Esposito, and Giuseppe Torzillo -- Signal transduction techniques for photosynthetic proteins / Pinalysa Cosma, Francesco Longobardi, and Angela Agostiano -- Biotechnological and computational approaches for the development of biosensors / Giulio Testone ... [et al.] --The problem of herbicide water monitoring in Europe / Licia Guzzella and Fiorenzo Pozzoni -- Application of chloroplast D1 protein in biosensors for monitoring photosystem II-inhibiting herbicides / Elena V. Piletska, Sergey A. Piletsky, and Regis Rouillon -- Photosystem II-based biosensors for the detection of photosynthetic herbicides / Maria Teresa Giardi and Emanuela Pace -- Mimicking the plastoquinone-binding pocket of photosystem II using molecularly imprinted polymers / Florent Breton ... [et al.] -- Photosystem II biosensors for heavy metals monitoring / Regis Rouillon ... [et al.] -- Development of biosensors for the detection of hydrogen peroxide / Louisa Giannoudi, Elena V. Piletska, and Sergey A. Piletsky -- Biodevices for space research / Dania Esposito ... [et al.] -- Successes in the development and application of innovative techniques / Eleftherios touloupakis ... [et al.].
- Biotechnology (Arlington, Va.) v. 4-, 2006-, Springer
- Biotechnology for biomedical engineers 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Biotechnology in surgery 2011, Springer
- Biotechnology in the pulp and paper industry 2002, ScienceDirect
- Biotechnology of fungal genes 2012, CRCnetBASEIdentification of fungal pathogenicity genes by Agrobacterium tumefaciens-mediated transformation / Karunakaran Maruthachalam ... [et al.] -- The genetics and molecular biology of carotenoid biosynthesis in mucorales / Catalina Sanz, Mahdi Shahriari, and Arturo P. Eslava -- Induction and repression of carbohydrate degrading enzymes in fungi with special reference to their coding genes / Pauline Walsh, Alan Hernon, and Anthonia O'Donovan -- Involvement of ADH1, IPT1, and PMT genes in Candida albicans pathogenesis / Mahmoud Rouabhia and Mahmoud Ghannoum -- Enhanced resistance to fungal pathogens in plants through selective utilization of useful fungal genes / B.K. Sarma ... [et al.] -- Genes encoding penicillin and cephalosporin biosinthesis in Acremonium chrysogenum : two separate clusters are required for cephalosporin production / Juan-Francisco Martøn, Carlos Garcia-Estrada, and Ricardo V. Ullon -- A review of the fungal B-galactosidase gene and its biotechnological applications / Anne G. Lydon -- Trichoderma genes involved in interactions with fungi and plants / Mala Mukherjee -- Use of luciferases as a tool to analyze fungal physiology in association with gene transcription / David M. Arana and Jess Pla --Fungal genes and their respective enzymes in industrial food, bio-based, and pharma applications / Marco van den Berg ... [et al.] -- Fungal metacaspases : an overview / Anthonia O'Donovan, Finola E. Cliffe, and Mary C. Shier -- Signaling molecules in the Arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi / Mohammad Miransari -- Role of pathogenic genes of Fusarium oxysporum, coding cell wall degrading enzymes during wilt infection in plants / Vijai Kumar Gupta, Maria Tuohy, and A. Manimaran -- Engineering fungal expression systems : recombinant expression of two class I alpha-1, 2-mannosidases from the filamentous fungus Aspergillus nidulans / C. Joshua Eades and William E. Hintz -- PCR-diagnostic of Septoria nodorum berk : aggresivenes in wheat tissue / I.V. Maksimov and A.Sh. Valeev -- Detection of toxigeneic and pathogenic fungi targeting metabolic pathway genes / Venkataramana Mudili ... [et al.] -- Pathogenicity genes in entomopathogenic fungia used as biopesticides / K. Uma Devi ... [et al.].
- Biotechnology of plasma proteins 2013, CRCnetBASE"Discussing the role of plasma proteins in current biotechnology, this book describes the protein composition of human plasma, the fractionation of plasma to obtain therapeutic proteins, and the analysis of these products. It delineates the path from plasma products to recombinant products, and highlights products from albumin, intravenous immunoglobins, and coagulation. It offers a comprehensive review of current techniques for the analysis of proteins including electrophoresis, chromatography, spectrophotometry, and mass spectrometry as well as updates not published since 1975"--Provided by publisher.
- Biotechnology organizations in action 2002, ScienceDirect
- Biotransformations 2002, ScienceDirect
- Biotransformations and bioprocesses 2004, CRCnetBASE
- BLAST. 1st ed. 2003, ProQuest Safari
- Bone densitometry for technologists. 2nd ed. 2006, Springer
- Brutes or angels 2013, ebraryA guide to the rapidly progressing Age of Biotechnology, Brutes or Angels provides basic information on a wide array of new technologies in the life sciences, along with the ethical issues raised by each. With stem cell research, Dolly the cloned sheep, in vitro fertilization, age retardation, and pharmaceutical mind enhancement, humankind is now faced with decisions that it has never before had to consider. The thoughtfulness, or lack of it, that we bring to those decisions will largely determine the future character of the living world.
- Building customized data pipelines using the Entrez Programming Utilities (eUtils) 2005, NCBI Bookshelf
- Calculations for molecular biology and biotechnology. 2nd ed. 2010, ScienceDirectChapter 1. Scientific notation and metric prefixes -- Chapter 2. Solutions, mixtures, and media -- Chapter 3. Cell growth -- Chapter 4. Working with bacteriophages -- Chapter 5. Nucleic acid quantification -- Chapter 6. Labeling nucleic acids with radioisotopes -- Chapter 7. Oligonucleotide synthesis -- Chapter 8. The polymerase chain reaction (PCR) -- Chapter 9. The real-time polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) -- Chapter 10. Recombinant DNA -- Chapter 11. Protein -- Chapter 12. Centrifugation -- Chapter 13. Forensics and paternity.
- Calculations in molecular biology and biotechnology 2003, ScienceDirect
- Cell culture technology for pharmaceutical and cell-based therapies 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Cell therapy 2009, SpringerPart 1. Regulatory. -- Regulation of Cell Product Manufacturing and Delivery: A United States Perspective / R.W. Lindblad -- The Regulatory Situation for Academic Cell Therapy Facilities in Europe / I. Slaper-Cortenbach, M. Scott, D. Herrmann, M. Introna and K. Theunissen, et al. -- A Regulatory System for Cell and Tissue Therapies: Proposed Approach in Australia / A. Farrugia -- Part 2. GMP Facility Design. -- University of Minnesota - Molecular and Cellular Therapeutics (MCT) / D.H. McKenna -- University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute - Hematopoietic Stem Cell Laboratory (HSC Lab)/Immunological Monitoring and Cellular Products Laboratory (IMCPL) / D.L. Griffin, A.D. Donnenberg and T.L. Whiteside / Baylor College of Medicine - Center for Cell and Gene Therapy (CAGT) / A. Gee -- Design of a New GMP Facility - Lessons Learned / A. Gee -- Part 3. Professional Cell Therapy Standards. -- AABB Cell Therapy Standards / Z.M. Szczepiorkowski and E. Nunes -- Professional Standards for Cellular Therapies: Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy (FACT) / P.I. Warkentin -- Part 4. Facility Operations -- Standard Operating Procedures / C.G. Lindgren -- Staffing, Training, and Competency / D.M. Kadidlo -- Cleaning Procedures / A. Gee and D.L. Lyon -- Environmental Monitoring / A. Gee and D.L. Lyon -- Supply Management / A. Gee and C.M. Rooney -- Facility Equipment / D.L. Griffin -- Quality / J.W. Atkins -- Product Manufacturing / A. Gee -- Product Review, Release, and Administration / N.H. Collins -- Use of a Facility Master File to Facilitate Regulatory Submissions for Cell Therapy Products / E.J. Read and H.M. Khuu.
- Cellulases. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirectCellulase refers to a class of enzymes produced chiefly by fungi, bacteria, and protozoans that catalyze cellulolysis. This volume in the Methods in Enzymology series comprehensively covers this topic.
- Chemistry of nanomaterials v. 1-2, 2004, Wileyv. 1. Nanomaterials : an introduction / C.N.R. Rao, A. Müller, A.K. Cheetham -- Strategies for the scalable synthesis of quantum dots and related nanodimensional materials / Paul O'Brien, N. Pickett -- Moving nanoparticles around : phase-transfer processes in nanomaterials synthesis / M. Sastry -- Mesoscopic assembly and other properties of metal and semiconductor nanocrystals / G.U. Kulkarni, P.J. Thomas, C.N.R. Rao -- Oxide nanoparticles / R. Seshadri -- Sonochemistry and other novel methods developed for the synthesis of nanoparticles / Y. Mastai, A. Gedanken -- Solvothermal synthesis of non-oxide nanomaterials / Y.T. Qian, Y.L. Gu, J. Lu -- Nanotubes and nanowires / A. Govindaraj, C.N.R. Rao -- Synthesis, assembly and reactivity of metallic nanorods / C.J. Murphy ... [et al.] -- Oxide-assisted growth of silicon and related nanowires : growth mechanism, structure and properties / S.T. Lee, R.Q. Zhang, Y. Lifshitz -- v. 2. Electronic structure and spectroscopy of semiconductor nanocrystals / S. Sapra, D.D. Sarma -- Core-shell semiconductor nanocrystals for biological labeling / R.E. Bailey, S. Nie -- Large semiconductor molecules / J.F. Corrigan, M.W. DeGroot -- Oxomolybdates : from structures to functions in a new era of nanochemistry / A. Müller, S. Roy -- Nanostructured polymers / S. Ramakrishnan -- Recent developments in the chemistry and chemical applications of porous silicon / J.M. Schmeltzer, J.M. Buriak -- Nanocatalysis / S. Abbet, U. Heiz -- Nanoporous materials / A.K. Cheetham, P.M. Forster -- Photochemistry and electrochemistry of nanoassemblies / P.V. Kamat -- Electrochemistry with nanoparticles / S. Devarajan, S. Sampath -- Nanolithography and nanomanipulation / A.K. Raychaudhuri.
- Christian religion and biotechnology 2005, Springer
- Chromosome nanoscience and technology 2008, CRCnetBASEMechanical approaches to elucidate mechanisms of chromosome condensation at the nano- and microlevels / Kazushige Kawabata ... [et al.] -- Development of novel AFM probes for chromosome manipulation / Masato Saito, Gen Hashiguchi and Eiichi Tamiya -- Microchamber array-based sequence-specific DNA detection from a single chromosome via trace volume PCR / Masato Saito and Eiichi Tamiya -- On-chip chromosome sorter using electric and magnetic fields / Takahito Inoue ... [et al.] -- Fluorescence microscopy for analysis of chromosome dynamics / Sachihiro Matsunaga -- Fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) as a tool for comparative genomics: application of FISH to studies of chromosome evolution in vertebrates / Yoichi Matsuda ... [et al.] -- Immunocytochemistry for analyzing chromosomes / Osamu Hoshi ... [et al.] --Proteome analysis of human metaphase chromosomes / Kiichi Fukui and Susumu Uchiyama -- Antipeptide antibodies for examining the conformation and molecular assembly of an intracellular protein / Masatoshi Nakagawa ... [et al.] -- Structure and interactions of the imitation SWI-type chromatin-remodeling complex, ATP-dependent chromatin-assembly facter / Tadayasu Ohkubo ... [et al.] -- Dynamic and functional analysis of chromosomal proteins / Nobuko Ohmido ... [et al.] -- Development of a sustainable chromosome imaging database / Kenji Taniguchi ... [et al.] -- Image database and image analysis of chromosome information / Shin-ichi Toyabe ... [et al.].Transmission and scanning electron microscopy of mammalian metaphase chromosomes / Sumire Inaga, Keiichi Tanaka and Tatsuo Ushiki -- Atomic force microscopy of human chromosomes in relation to their higher-order structure / Osamu Hoshi, Daisuke Fukushi and Tatsuo Ushiki -- Mechanism of higher-order chromatin folding revealed by AFM observation of in vitro reconstituted chromatin / Kohji Hizume ... [et al.] -- Scanning near-field optical/atomic force microscopy as a tool for simultaneous specification of chromosome topography and particular gene location on the nanometer scale / Motoharu Shichiri ... [et al.] -- Isolation of human and plant chromosomes as nanomaterials / Susumu Uchiyama, Tomoyuki Doi and Kiichi Fukui --
- Clinical aspects of electroporation 2011, SpringerIntroduction to Electroporation -- Electroporation and Cellular Physiology -- The Cell in the Electric Field -- Understanding Electric Fields for Clinical Use -- Generators and Applicators: Equipment for Electroporation -- Cell Electropermeabilization and Cellular Uptake of Small Molecules: The Electrochemotherapy Concept -- Vascular-Disrupting Action of Electrochemotherapy: Mode of Action and Therapeutic Implications -- Electrochemotherapy of Small Tumors; The Experience from the ESOPE (European Standard Operating Procedures for Electrochemotherapy) Group -- Electrochemotherapy for Larger Malignant Tumors -- Cell Electroporation in Bone Tissue -- Drug and Gene Electrotransfer to the Brain -- Minimally Invasive Intraluminal Tumor Ablation -- Electrotransfer of Plasmid DNA -- Gene Electrotransfer to Tumor -- Gene Electrotransfer to Lung -- Gene Electrotransfer to Muscle Tissue: Moving into Clinical Use -- Gene Electrotransfer to Skin -- Electroporation-Mediated DNA Vaccination -- Irreversible Electroporation (IRE) on Liver Tumor Ablation: A Summary of Preclinical Translational Research -- Translational Research on Irreversible Electroporation: VX2 Rabbit Head and Neck -- Clinical Research on Irreversible Electroporation of the Liver.
- Contract research and development organizations 2011, Springer
- Corynebacterium glutamicum 2013, Springer
- This book addresses the impacts of current and future reproductive technologies on our world food production and provides a significant contribution to the importance of research in the area of reproductive physiology that has never been compiled before. It would provide a unique opportunity to separate the impacts of how reproductive technologies have affected different species and their contributions to food production. Lastly, no publication has been compiled that demonstrates the relationship between developments in reproductive management tools and food production that may be used a reference for scientists in addressing future research areas. During the past 50 years assisted reproductive technologies have been developed and refined to increase the number and quality of offspring from genetically superior farm animal livestock species. Artificial insemination (AI), estrous synchronization and fixed-time AI, semen and embryo cryopreservation, multiple ovulation and embryo transfer (MOET), in vitro fertilization, sex determination of sperm or embryos, and nuclear transfer are technologies that are used to enhance the production efficiency of livestock species.
- Current protocols in chemical biology 2010-, WileyCurrent Protocols in Chemical Biology provides validated protocols and overviews about specialized chemical techniques and tools for studies of biology and drug design. These tools include small-molecule design, synthesis, derivatization, handling, and detection as well as advances in laboratory automation, robotics, and medicinal chemistry as applied to high-throughput screening (HTS). Methods for modification of proteins, nucleic acids, carbohydrates and lipids for their use as tools in the study of particular biological systems are also included
- Current protocols in nucleic acid chemistry 2002-, Wiley
- ch. 1. Introduction, p. 1-3 / Kai Johnsson and Susanne Brakmann, p. 1-3 -- ch. 2. Evolutionary Biotechnology - From Ideas and Concepts to Experiments and Computer Simulations / Peter Schuster, p. 5-28 -- ch. 3. Using Evolutionary Strategies to Investigate the Structure and Function of Chorismate Mutases / Donald Hilvert, Sean V. Taylor and Peter Kast, p. 29-62 -- ch. 4. Construction of Environmental Libraries for Functional Screening of Enzyme Activity / Rolf Daniel, p. 63-78 -- ch. 5. Investigation of Phage Display for the Directed Evolution of Enzymes / Patrice Soumillion and Jacques Fastrez, p. 79-110 -- ch. 6. Directed Evolution of Binding Proteins by Cell Surface Display: Analysis of the Screening Process / K. Dane Wittrup, p. 111-126 -- ch. 7. Yeast n-Hybrid Systems for Molecular Evolution / Brian T. Carter, Hening Lin and Virginia W. Cornish, p. 127-158 -- ch. 8. Advanced Screening Strategies for Biocatalyst Discovery / Andreas Schwienhorst, p. 159-175 -- ch. 9. Engineering Protein Evolution / Stefan Lutz and Stephen J. Benkovic, p. 177-213 -- ch. 10. Exploring the Diversity of Heme Enzymes through Directed Evolution / Patrick C. Cirino and Frances H. Arnold, p. 215-243 -- ch. 11. Directed Evolution as a Means to Create Enantioselective Enzymes for Use in Organic Chemistry / Manfred T. Reetz and Karl-Erich Jaeger, p. 245-279 -- ch. 12. Applied Molecular Evolution of Enzymes Involved in Synthesis and Repair of DNA / John F. Davidson, Jon Anderson, Haiwei Guo, Daniel Landis and Lawrence A. Loeb, p. 281-307 -- ch. 13. Evolutionary Generation Versus Rational Design of Restriction Endonucleases with Novel Specificity / Thomas Lanio, Albert Jeltsch and Alfred Pingoud, p. 309-327 -- ch. 14. Evolutionary Generation of Enzymes with Novel Substrate Specificities / Uwe T. Bornscheuer, p. 329-341.
- Dynamic-clamp 2009, Springer
- Echinodermata 2005, SpringerAre echinoderms of interest to biotechnology? / C. Petzelt -- Cell adhesion and communication : a lesson from echinoderm embryos for the exploitation of new therapeutic tools / F. Zito ... [et al.] -- Cell signalling during sea urchin development : a model for assessing toxicity of environmnetal contaminants / C. Angelini ... [et al.] -- Echinoderm reactive oxygen species (ROS) production measured by peroxidase, luminol-enhanced chemiluminescence (PLCL) as an immunotoxicological tool / G. Coteur, B. Danis, P. Dubois -- Monitoring chemical and physical stress using sea urchin immune cells / V. Matranga ... [et al.] --DNA damage and developmental defects after exposure to UV and heavy metals in sea urchin cells and embryos compared to other invertebrates / H.C. Schröder ... [et al.] -- Echinoderms : their culture and bioactive compounds / M.S. Kelly -- Regenerative response and endocrine disrupters in crinoid echinoderms : an old experimental model, a new ecotoxicological test / M.D. Candia Carnevali -- Echinoderm adhesive secretions : from experimental characterization to biotechnological applications / P. Flammang, R. Santos, D. Haesaerts -- Mutable collagenous tissue : overview and biotechnological perspective / I.C. Wilkie -- Bioresources from echinoderms / Y. Yokota.
- Encyclopedia of smart materials 2002, WileyIncludes biomedical and health applications, biomedical sensing, cure and health monitoring, drug deliversy systems, health monitoring using wave dynamics, polymers, biotechnology and medical applications.
- Essential fatty acids and eicosanoids 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Ethics for bioengineers 2011, AtyponIncreasingly, biomedical scientists and engineers are involved in projects, design, or research and development that involve humans or animals. The book presents general concepts on professionalism and the regulation of the profession of engineering, including a discussion on what is ethics and moral conduct, ethical theories and the codes of ethics that are most relevant for engineers. An ethical decision-making process is suggested. Other issues such as conflicts of interest, plagiarism, intellectual property, confidentiality, privacy, fraud, and corruption are presented. General guidelines, the process for obtaining ethics approval from ethics Review Boards,and the importance of obtaining informed consent from volunteers recruited for studies are presented. A discussion on research with animals is included. Ethical dilemmas focus on reproductive technologies, stem cells, cloning, genetic testing, and designer babies. The book includes a discussion on ethics and the technologies of body enhancement and of regeneration. The importance of assessing the impact of technology on people, society, and on our planet is stressed. Particular attention is given to nanotechnologies, the environment, and issues that pertain to developing countries. Ideas on gender, culture, and ethics focus on how research and access to medical services have, at times, been discriminatory towards women. The cultural aspects focus on organ transplantation in Japan, and a case study of an Aboriginal child in Canada; both examples show the impact that culture can have on how care is provided or accepted. The final section of the book discusses data collection and analysis and offers a guideline for honest reporting of results, avoiding fraud, or unethical approaches. The appendix presents a few case studies where fraud and/or unethical research have occurred.
- Ethics of research biobanking 2009, SpringerPt. 1. Research biobanking : the traditional approach -- Consent to biobank research : one size fits all? / Bjørn Hofmann, Jan Helge Solbakk, Søren Holm -- What no one knows cannot hurt you : the limits of informed consent in the emerging world of biobanking / Arthur L. Caplan -- Users and uses of the biopolitics of consent : a study of DNA banks / Pascal Ducournau and Anne Cambon-Thomsen -- Information rights on the edge of ignorance / Anne Maria Skrikerud -- The dubious uniqueness of genetic information / Anne Maria Skrikerud -- Duties and rights of biobank participants : principled autonomy, consent, voluntariness and privacy / Lars Øystein Ursin -- Biobanking and disclosure of research results : addressing the tension between professional boundaries and moral intuition / Lynn G. Dressler -- Biobanks and our common good / Erik Christensen -- Trust, distrust and co-production : the relationship between research biobanks and donors / Pascal Ducournau and Roger Strand -- Scientific citizenship, benefit, and protection in population-based research / Vilhj́almur Árnason -- Pt. 2. Research Biobanking : towards a new conceptual approach -- Mapping the language of research biobanking : an analogical approach / Bjørn Hofmann, Jan Helge Solbakk, Søren Holm -- The use of analogical reasoning in umbilical cord blood biobanking / Bjørn Hofmann, Jan Helge Solbakk, Søren Holm -- The Alexandria plan : creating libraries for human tissue research and therapeutic use / Laurie Zoloth -- The art of biocollections / Anne Hambro Alnæs -- The health dugnard : biobank participation as the solidary pursuit of the common good / Lars Øystein Ursin and Berge Solberg -- Embodied gifting : reflections on the role of information in biobank recruitment / Klaus Hoeyer -- Conscription to biobank research? / Bjørn Hofmann, Jan Helge Solbakk, Søren Holm -- Ownership rights in research biobanks : do we need a new king of 'biological property'? / Paula Lobato de Faria -- Legal challenges and strategies in the regulation of research biobanking / Elisabeth Rynning -- Annexation of life : the biopolitics of industrial biology / Jan Reinert Karlsen and Roger Strand -- In the ruins of Babel : should biobank regulations be harmonized / Jan Reinert Karlsen, Jan Helge Solbak, and Roger Strand.
- Evolution of biotechnology 2006, Springer
- Fluid-structure interaction 2006, Springer
- Fluorescence sensors and biosensors 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Food biotechnology. 2nd ed. 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Food science and food biotechnology 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Food-borne pathogens 2006, Springer ProtocolsDetection of hemolysins in Aeromonas spp. isolates from food sources / Rosabel Falcón ... [et al.] -- Detection and purification of Bacillus cereus enterotoxins / Toril Lindbäck and Per Einar Granum -- Campylobacter / Rachel Gorman and Catherine C. Adley -- Detection of Clostridium botulinum by multiplex PCR in foods and feces / Miia Lindström, Mari Nevas, and Hannu Korkeala -- Multiplex PCR for the specific identification of enterohemorrhagic Escherichia coli strains in the O157:H7 complex / Peter C.H. Feng and Steven R. Monday -- Pulsenet's step-by-step laboratory protocol for molecular subtyping of Listeria monocytogenes by macrorestriction and pulsed-field gel electrophoresis / Lewis M. Graves and Balasubramanian Swaminathan --Plesiomonas shigelloides / Ivan Ciznar ... [et al.] -- Pulsed-field gel electrophoresis as a molecular technique in Salmonella epidemiological studies / Rachel Gorman and Catherine C. Adley -- Kits for the detection of food poisoning toxins produced by Bacillus cereus and Staphylococcus aureus / Moira M. Brett -- Microbiological and molecular methods to identify and characterize toxigenic Vibrio cholerae from food samples / Keya De, Ranjan K. Nandy, and G. Balakrish Nair -- HPLC measurement of aflatoxin B1 and metabolites in isolated rat hepatocytes / Jennifer Colford -- Detection of noroviruses of genogroups I and II in drinking water by real-time one-step rRT-PCR / Christian M. Beuret -- Detection of enteroviruses / Miguel-Angel Jiménez-Clavero ... [et al.] --Detection of hepatitis A virus and rotavirus using nucleic acid sequence-based amplification / Julie Jean and Ismaïl Fliss -- Isolation and characterization of cathepsin-L1 protease from Fasciola hepatica excretory/secretory products for the serodiagnosis of human fasciolosis / Sandra O'Neill, Grace Mulcahy, and John Dalton -- Molecular biology methods for detection and identification of Cryptososporidium species in feces, water and shellfish / C.J.P. Lowery ... [et al.] -- Molecular identification of nematode worms from seafood (Anisakis spp. and Pseudoterranova spp.) and meat (Trichinella spp.) / Giuseppe La Rosa, Stefano D'Amelio, and Eduardo Pozio -- Approaches to developing quantitative risk assessment models / Enda J. Cummins -- A review of surveillance networks of food-borne diseases / Camelia Molnar, Rita Wels, and Catherine C. Adley.
- Frontiers in biochip technology 2006, SpringerFulltext MyiLibrary
- Frontiers in chemical sensors 2005, Springer
- Functional foods and biotechnology 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Fundamentals of tissue engineering and regenerative medicine 2009, Springer
- Gene biotechnology. Third Edition [3rd ed.]. 2011, CRCnetBASE"The third edition of this popular reference covers a variety of techniques related to gene manipulation, including DNA isolation, preparation, screening, and analysis. Topics range from very basic methods to current and sophisticated technologies, including methodologies created and tested by the authors. Other topics include approaches to grant funding and SiRNA technology. The authors offer detailed, step-by-step explanations of protocols and helpful troubleshooting guides. This edition features new techniques for every chapter, as well as several new chapters"--Provided by publisher.
- Gene delivery to mammalian cells 2003, Springer Protocolsv. 2 Springer Protocolsv. 1. Nonviral gene transfer techniques -- v. 2. Viral gene transfer techniques.
- Genetically engineered food 2003, WileyPart 1.Application and Perspectives --ch. 1.Transgenic Modification of Production Traits in Farm Animals /Mathias Müller and Gottfried Brem --ch. 2.Genetically Modified Plants /Susanne Stirn and Horst Lörz --ch. 3.Fermented Food Production using Genetically Modified Yeast and Filamentous Fungi /Anke Niederhaus and Ulf Stahl --ch. 4.Production of Food Additives using Filamentous Fungi /Carsten M. Hjort --ch. 5.Perspectives of Genetic Engineering of Bacteria used in Food Fermentations /Arnold Geis --Part II.Legislation in Europe --ch. 6.The Legal Situation for Genetically Engineered Food in Europe /Rudolf Streinz and Lars O. Fuchs --Part III.Methods of Detection --ch. 7.Detection of Genetic Modifications: Some Basic Considerations /Knut J. Heller --ch. 8.DNA-based Methods for Detection of Genetic Modifications /Ralf Einspanier and Stephanie Rief --ch. 9.Genetic Engineering of Fishes and Methods for Detection /Hartmut Rehbein --ch. 10.Detection Methods for Genetically Modified Crops /Rolf Meyer --ch. 11.Methods to Detect the Application of Genetic Engineering in Composed and Processed Foods /Karl-Heinz Engel and Francisco Moreano --ch. 12.Mutations in Lactococcus lactis, and their Detection /Jan Kok and Bertus van den Burg --ch. 13.Detection Methods for Genetically Modified Microorganisms used in Food Fermentation /Walter P. Hammes, Christian Hertel and Torsten Bauer.
- Part I. Application and Perspectives -- ch. 1. Transgenic modification of production traits in farm animals / Gottfried Brem, Mathias Müller -- ch. 2. Genetically modified plants / Susanne Stirn, Horst Lörz -- ch. 3. Fermentation of food by means of genetically modified yeast and filamentous fungi / Rena Leisegang, Elke Nevoigt, Anja Spielvogel, Georg Kristan, Anke Niederhaus, Ulf Stahl -- ch. 4. Production of food additives using filamentous fungi / Carsten M. Hjort -- ch. 5. Genetic engineering of bacteria used in food fermentation / Arnold Geis -- Part II. Legislation in Europe -- ch. 6. The Legal situation for genetically engineered food in Europe / Rudolf Streinz, Jan Kalbheim -- Part III. Methods of Detection -- ch. 7. Detection of genetic modifications : some basic considerations / Knut J. Heller -- ch. 8. DNA-based methods for detection of genetic modifications / Ralf Einspanier -- ch. 9. Genetic engineering of fish, and methods of detection / Hartmut Rehbein -- ch. 10. Detection methods for genetically modified crops / Rolf Meyer -- ch. 11. Methods for detection of genetically modified organisms in composite and processed foods / Karl-Heinz Engel, Francisco Moreano, Alexandra Ehlert -- ch. 12. Mutations in Lactococcus lactis and their detection / Jan Kok, Bertus van den Burg -- ch. 13. Methods for detection of genetically modified microorganisms used in food fermentation processes / Walter P. Hammes, Christian Hertel, Torsten Bauer.
- Genomes. 2nd ed. 2002, NCBI Bookshelf
- Glossary of biotechnology and nanobiotechnology terms. 4th ed. 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Glossary of biotechnology terms. 3rd ed. 2002, CRCnetBASE
- GPCRs 2007, Springer
- Introduction to DNA Microarray Technology, p. 1-22 -- Overview of Data Analysis, p. 23-24 -- Image Analysis, p. 25-31 -- Basic Data Analysis, p. 33-53 -- Visualization by Reduction of Dimensionality, p. 55-62 -- Cluster Analysis, p. 63-76 -- Beyond Cluster Analysis, p. 77-82 -- Automated Analysis, Integrated Analysis, and Systems Biology, p. 83-88 -- Reverse Engineering of Regulatory Networks, p. 89-100 -- Molecular Classifiers, p. 101-110 -- The Design of Probes for Arrays, p. 111-117 -- Genotyping and Resequencing Chips, p. 119-122 -- Experiment Design and Interpretation of Results, p. 123-129 -- Software Issues and Data Formats, p. 131-140 -- Appendix A. Web Resources: Commercial Software Packages, p. 141-143.
- Guide to protein purification. 2nd ed. 2009, ScienceDirect
- Guiding Icarus 2002, Wileych. 1. Introduction -- ch. 2. Genetically modified foods -- ch. 3. DNA data banking -- ch. 4. Personalized medicine -- ch. 5. Stem Cells -- ch. 6. Conclusion.
- Handbook of carbohydrate engineering 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of Corynebacterium glutamicum 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of food and bioprocess modeling techniques 2007, CRCnetBASEMathematical modeling techniques in food and bioprocessing: an overview / Ashim K. Datta and Shyam S. Sablani -- Lattice Boltzmann modeling / R.G.M. van der Sman -- Fluid flow and computational fluid dynamics / Ashwini Kumar and Ilhan Dilber -- Heat transfer / Ashim K. Datta -- Mass transfer: membrane processes / David Hughes, Taha Taha, and Zhanfeng Cui -- Heat and mass transfer / X. Dong Chen -- Reaction kinetics / Maria C. Giannakourou and Petros S. Taoukis -- Probabilistic modeling / Bart M. Nicolai, Nico Scheerlinck, and Maarten Hertog -- Experimental design and response surface methodology / Shuryo Nakai, Eunice C.Y. Li-Chan, and Jinglie Dou -- Multivariate analysis / Ioannis S. Arvanitoyannis -- Data mining / Geoffrey Holmes -- Artificial neural network modeling / Shyam S. Sablani -- Genetic algorithm / T. Morimoto -- Fractal analysis / M. Shafiur Rahman -- Fuzzy modeling / Haitham M. S. Lababidi and Christopher G. J. Baker -- Monte-Carlo simulation / Kevin Cronin & James P. Gleeson -- Dimensional analysis / Law C. Lim, Shyam S. Sablani, and Arun S. Mujumdar -- Linear programming / Eli Feinerman and Sam Saguy.
- Handbook of fungal biotechnology. 2nd ed., rev. and expanded. 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of industrial mycology 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of membrane separations 2009, CRCnetBASE
- Human ATP-binding cassette (ABC) transporter superfamily 2002, NCBI BookshelfIntroduction to ABC protein and gene organization -- Nomenclature -- Overview of human ABC gene subfamilies -- ABC genes and human genetic disease -- Mouse knockouts -- Multidrug resistance and cancer therapy -- Phylogenetic analysis of human ABC genes -- Mouse ABC genes -- Drosophila ABC genes -- ABCA genes -- ABCB genes -- ABCC genes -- ABCD genes -- ABCE genes -- ABCF genes -- ABCG genes.
- Immobilization of enzymes and cells. 2nd ed. 2006, Springer Protocols
- Induced pluripotent stem cells 2012, Springer
- Industrial pharmaceutical biotechnology 2002, Wileych. 1. Introduction to Functional Biotechnology, p. 1-72 -- ch. 2. Organizational Structures, p. 73-76 -- ch. 3. Markets and Factors, p. 77-78 -- ch. 4. Biotechnology and Medicine, p. 79-116 -- ch. 5. Drug Discovery, p. 117-144 -- ch. 6. Molecular Pharma-Biotechnology, p. 145-194 -- ch. 7. Research and Development, p. 195-200 -- ch. 8. Pharmaceutical Production, p. 201-238 -- ch. 9. Safety, p. 239-240 -- ch. 10. Environment, p. 241-243 -- ch. 11. Ethics, p. 245-246 -- ch. 12. Companies, Institutes, Networks, and Organizations, p. 247-261.
- Industrial proteins in perspective 2003, ScienceDirect
- Integrated microfabricated biodevices 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Introduction to biophotonics 2003, Wileych. 1. Introduction -- ch. 2. Fundamentals of Light and Matter -- ch. 3. Basics of Biology -- ch. 4. Fundamentals of Light-Matter Interactions -- ch. 5. Principles of Lasers, Current Laser Technology, and Nonlinear -- ch. 6. Photobiology -- ch. 7. Bioimaging: Principles and Techniques -- ch. 8. Bioimaging: Applications -- ch. 9. Biosensors -- ch. 10. Microarray Technology for Genomics and Proteomics -- ch. 11. Flow Cytometry -- ch. 12. Light-Activated Therapy: Photodynamic Therapy -- ch. 13. Tissue Engineering with Light -- ch. 14. Laser Tweezers and Laser Scissors -- ch. 15. Nanotechnology for Biophotonics: Bionanophotonics -- ch. 16. Biomaterials for Photonics.
- Introduction to fluorescence sensing 2009, Springer
- ch. The Structure of materials -- ch. 2. Thermodynamics of condensed phases -- ch. 3. Kinetic processes in materials -- ch. 4. Transport properties of materials -- ch. 5. Mechanics of materials -- ch. 6. Electrical, magnetic, and optical properties of materials -- ch. 7. Processing of materials -- ch. 8. Case studies in materials selection -- Appendix 1. Energy Values for Single Bonds -- Appendix 2. Structure of Some Common Polymers -- Appendix 3. Composition of Common Alloys -- Appendix 4. Surface and Interfacial Energies -- Appendix 5. Thermal Conductivities of Selected Materials -- Appendix 6. Diffusivities in Selected Systems -- Appendix 7. Mechanical Properties of Selected Materials -- Appendix 8. Electrical Conductivity of Selected Materials -- Appendix 9. Refractive Index of Selected Materials.
- Isolation and purification of proteins 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Lab-on-chips for cellomics 2004, Springer
- Laboratory methods in enzymology. First edition [1st ed.] 2013, ScienceDirectExplanatory chapter: PCR primer design / Rubén Álvarez-Fernández -- How plasmid preparation kits work / Laura Koontz -- Introducing exogenous DNA into cells / Laura Koontz -- Agarose gel electrophoresis / Laura Koontz -- Analysis of DNA by southern blotting / Gary Glenn and Lefkothea-Vasiliki Andreou -- Purification of DNA oligos by denaturing polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (PAGE) / Sara Lopez-Gomollon and Francisco Esteban Nicolas -- Molecular cloning / Juliane C. Lessard -- Rapid creation of stable mammalian cell lines for regulated expression of proteins using the Gateway® recombination cloning technology and Flp-In T-REx® lines / Jessica Spitzer, Markus Landthaler, and Thomas Tuschl -- Restrictionless cloning / Mikkel A. Algire -- Isolation of plasmid DNA from bacteria / Lefkothea-Vasiliki Andreou -- Preparation of genomic DNA from bacteria / Lefkothea-Vasiliki Andreou -- Preparation of genomic DNA from Saccharomyces cerevisiae / Jessica S. Dymond -- Isolation of genomic DNA from mammalian cells / Cheryl M. Koh -- Sanger dideoxy sequencing of DNA / Sarah E. Walker and Jon Lorsch -- Preparation of fragment libraries for next-generation sequencing on the applied biosystems SOLiD platform / Srinivasan Yegnasubramanian -- Next generation sequencing / Srinivasan Yegnasubramanian -- Generating mammalian stable cell lines by electroporation / Patti A. Longo, Jennifer M. Kavran, Min-Sung Kim, and Daniel J. Leahy -- Transient mammalian cell transfection with polyethylenimine (PEI) / Patti A. Longo, Jennifer M. Kavran, Min-Sung Kim, and Daniel J. Leahy -- Site-directed mutagenesis / Julia Bachman -- PCR-based random mutagenesis / Jessica S. Dymond -- Megaprimer method for mutagenesis of DNA / Craig W. Vander Kooi -- Troubleshooting PCR / Kirstie Canene-Adams -- Quantitative PCR / Jessica S. Dymond -- General PCR / Kirstie Canene-Adams -- Colony PCR / Megan Bergkessel and Christine Guthrie -- Chemical transformation of yeast / Megan Bergkessel and Christine Guthrie -- Transformation of E. coli via electroporation / Juliane C. Lessard -- Transformation of chemically competent E. coli / Rachel Green and Elizabeth J. Rogers.
- Laboratory methods in enzymology. First edition [1st ed.] 2013, ScienceDirectComputational prediction of RNA secondary structure -- Reverse-transcription PCR (RT-PCR) -- Northern blotting -- Explanatory chapter: nuclease protection assays -- In vitro transcription from plasmid or PCR-amplified DNA -- Measurement of in vivo synthesis rates -- Method for measuring mRNA decay rate in saccharomyces cerevisiae -- Analysis of polysomes from bacteria -- Polysome profile analysis - yeast -- Polysome analysis of mammalian cells -- Polysome analysis for determining mRNA and ribosome association in saccharomyces cerevisiae -- Oligo(dT)-primed RT-PCR isolation of polyadenylated RNA degradation intermediates -- Circularized RT-PCR (cRT-PCR): analysis of the 5' ends, 3' ends, and poly(A) tails of RNA -- RNA radiolabeling -- Fluorescently labeling synthetic RNAs -- Analysis of RNA by analytical polyacrylamide gel -- RNA purification by preparative polyacrylamide gel -- Explanatory chapter: nucleic acid concentration determination -- RNA purification-precipitation methods -- Reverse transcriptase dideoxy sequencing of RNA -- RNA structure experimental analysis-chemical modification -- Structural analysis of RNA backbone using in-line probing.
- Lateral flow immunoassay 2009, Springer
- Lentivirus gene engineering protocols 2003, Springer Protocols
- Lipid biotechnology 2002, CRCnetBASEPart I. Oilseed Quality Improvement -- 1. Metabolic Engineering of Fatty Acid Biosynthesis / David J. Schultz and John B. Ohlrogge -- 2. Biochemistry and Biotechnology of Triacylglycerol Accumulation in Plants / Randall J. Weselake -- 3. Redirecting Lipid Metabolism in Plants / David Hildebrand, Suryadevara Rao, and Tomoko Hatanaka -- 4. Perspectives on the Production of Industrial Oils in Genetically Engineered Oilseeds / Anthony J. Kinney -- 5. New Gene Combinations Governing Saturated and Unsaturated Fatty Acid Composition in Soybean / Richard F. Wilson, Joseph W. Burton, Vincent R. Pantalone, and Ralph E. Dewey -- 6. Strategies for the Development of NuSun Sunflower Hybrids / Brady A. Vick and Jerry F. Miller -- 7. Biosynthesis of Ricinoleic Acid for Castor-Oil Production / Thomas A. McKeon and Jiann-Tsyh Lin -- Part II. Oxylipins: Formation, Potential Uses, and Their Role in Defense -- 8. Enzymatic Transformation of Lipids as a Plant Defense Mechanism / Daisuke Shibata and Hiroyuki Ohta -- 9. Biocatalysis by the Plant Lipoxygenase Pathway: Oxygenated Fatty Acid Production and Hydroperoxide Lyases / Harold W. Gardner and Alexander N. Grechkin -- 10. Biocatalysis by the Plant Lipoxygenase Pathway: Hydroperoxide-Metabolizing Enzymes / Alexander N. Grechkin and Harold W. Gardner -- 11. Prostaglandin-like Oxylipins in Plants: Biosynthesis, Molecular Signaling, and Response to Environment / Martin J. Mueller -- 12. Cutin Monomers: Biosynthesis and Plant Defense / Elizabeth Ble -- 13. Structural Diversity of Marine Oxylipins -- William H. Gerwick and Inder Pal Singh -- 14. Formation of Oxygenated Fatty Acids by Fungal Enzymes / Ernst Oliw and Chao Su -- 15. Enzymic Formation of Flavor Volatiles from Lipids / Wilfried Schwab and Peter Schreier -- 16. Terpenoid-Based Defense in Plants and Other Organisms / Mario R. Tellez, Stephen O. Duke, Kevin K. Schrader, Franck E. Dayan, Joanne G. Romagni, and Mozaina Kobaisy -- Part III. Lipases and Food Nutrition -- 17. Lipases: Structure, Function, and Properties / Alejandro G. Marangoni -- 18. Industrial Uses of Lipase / Ching T. Hou -- 19. Plant Lipases as Biocatalysts / Kumar D. Mukherjee -- 20. Phospholipases in Enzyme Engineering of Phospholipids for Food, Cosmetics, and Medical Applications / Yugo Iwasaki and Tsuneo Yamane -- 21. Enzymatic Synthesis of Structured Lipids / Casimir C. Akoh, Subramani Sellappan, Lydia B. Fomuso, and Vivienne V. Yankah / 22. Enzymatic Production of Betapol and Other Specialty Fats / Casimir C. Akoh and Xuebing Xu -- 23. Enzyme-Mediated Modification of Milkfat / Victor M. Balcdo and F. Xavier Malcata -- 24. Enzymatic Enrichment of Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids / Yuji Shimada, Akio Sugihara, and Yoshio Tominaga -- 25. Production of Tailor-Made Polyunsaturated Phospholipids Through Bioconversions / Koretaro Takahashi and Masashi Hosokawa -- Part IV. Biocatalysts in Nonfood Applications -- 26. Enzymatic Preparation of Chiral Pharmaceutical Intermediates by Lipases / Ramesh N. Patel -- 27. Production of C20 Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids by an Arachidonic Acid-Producing Fungus Mortierella alpina 1S-4 and Related Strains / Jun Ogawa, Eiji Sakuradani, and Sakayu Shimizu -- 28. Microbial Transformations of Steroids / Herbert L. Holland -- 29. Enzymatic Approaches to the Production of Biodiesel Fuels / Michael J. Haas, George J. Piazza, and Thomas A. Foglia -- 30. Lipase-Catalyzed Synthesis of Value-Added Fatty Acid Esters / Jei-Fu Shaw -- 31. Microbiological Conversions of Fatty Acids to Value-Added Products / Tsung Min Kuo, Tsuneo Kaneshiro, and Ching T. Hou -- 32. Biosynthesis and Applications of Glycolipid and Lipopeptide Biosurfactants / David C. Herman and Raina M. Maier -- 33. Application of Lipolytic Enzymes in Detergents / Maarten R. Egmond -- 34. Supercritical Fluid Technology for Lipid Extraction, Fractionation, and Reactions / Jerry W. King -- 35. Enzyme Reactions in Supercritical Fluids / Osato Miyawaki and Kozo Nakamura.
- Liquid culture systems for in vitro plant propagation 2005, Springer
- Luminescence biotechnology 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Mammalian artificial chromosomes 2003, Springer Protocols
- Maximising the value of marine by-products 2007, CRCnetBASEpt. 1. Marine by-products characterisation, recovery and processing: 1. Physical and chemical properties of protein seafood by-products / T. Rustad ; 2. Physical and chemical properties of lipid by-products from seafood waste / J.P. Kerry and S.C. Murphy ; 3. On-board handling of marine by-products to prevent microbial spoilage, enzymatic reactions and lipid oxidation / E. Falch, M. Sandbakk and M. Aursand ; 4. Recovery of by-products from seafood processing streams / J.A. Torres ... [et al.] ; 5. Increasing processed flesh yield by recovery from marine by-products / K.D.A. Taylor and A. Himonides ; 6. Enzymatic methods for marine by-products recovery / F. Guerard ; 7. Chemical processing methods for protein recovery from marine by-products and underutilized fish species / H.G. Kristinsson, A.E. Theodore and B. Ingadottir -- pt. 2. Food uses of marine by-products: 8. By-catch, underutilized species and underutilized fish parts as food ingredients / I. Batista ; 9. Mince from seafood processing by-product and surimi as food ingredients / J.-S. Kim and J.W. Park ; 10. Aquatic food protein hydrolysates / H.G. Kristinsson ; 11. Engineering and functional properties of powders from underutilized marine fish and seafood products / S. Sathivel and P.J. Bechtel ; 12. Marine oils from seafood waste / F. Shahidi ; 13. Collagen an gelatin from marine by-products / J.M. Regenstein and P. Zhou ; 14. Seafood flavor from processing by-products / C.M. Lee ; 15. Fish and bone as a calcium source / S.-K. Kim and W.-K. Jung ; 16. Chitin and chitosan from marine by-products / F. Shahidi ; 17. Marine enzymes from seafood by-products / M.T. Morrissey and T. Okada ; 18. Antioxidants from marine by-products / F. Shahidi and Y. Zhong ; 19. Pigments from by-products of seafood processing / B.K. Simpson -- pt. 3. Non-food uses of marine by-products: 20. By-products from seafood processing for aquaculture and animals feeds / P.J. Bechtel ; 21. Using marine by-products in pharmaceutical, medical and cosmetic products / J. Losso ; 22. Bio-diesel and bio-gas production from seafood processing by-products / R. Zhang and H.M. El-Mashad ; 23. Composting of seafood wastes / A.M. Martin.
- Medical biomethods handbook 2005, SpringerFulltext Springer ProtocolsBasic techniques in molecular biology / Ralph Rapley -- Probe design, production, and applications / Marilena Aquino de Muro -- Restriction enzymes: tools in clinical research / Gareth J.S. Jenkins -- Southern blotting as a diagnostic method / Bronwen Harvey and Pirkko Soundy -- Western blotting as a diagnostic method / Pirkko Soundy and Bronwen Harvey -- Principles and medical applications of the polymerase chain reaction / Bimal D. M. Theophilus -- Single strand conformation polymorphism (SSCP) analysis / Igor Vorechovsky -- Denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis (DGGE) / Jeroen H. Roelfsema and Dorien J.M. Peters -- Quantitative analysis of DNA sequences by PCR and solid phase sequencing / Anu Suomalainen and Ann-Christine Syvänen -- Introduction to capillary electrophoresis of DNA: biomedical applications / Beatriz Sanchez-Vega -- Mapping techniques / Simon G. Gregory --Dideoxyfingerprinting for mutation detection / Ioannis Bossis, Antonios Voutetakis, and Constantine A. Stratakis -- Conformation sensitive gel electrophoresis / Marian Hill -- Amplification refractory mutation system and molecular diagnostics / Richard Kitching and Arun Seth -- Ligase chain reaction / Carla Osiowy -- Chemical cleavage of mismatch: theory and clinical applications / Neil V. Whittock and Louise Izatt -- The protein truncation test / Johan T. den Dunnen -- Linkage, allele sharing, and association / Mara Giordano -- Single nucleotide polymorphisms: technology and applications / Cyril Mamotte, Frank Christiansen, and Lyle J. Palmer -- cDNA microarrays / Philip G. Febbo -- Nucleic acid sequence-based amplification / Katherine Loens, D. Ursi, H. Goosens, and M. Ieven -- The oligonucleotide ligation assay / Faye A. Eggerding --Quantitative taqman real-time PCR: diagnostic and scientific applications / Jörg Dötsch, Ellen Schoof, and Wolfgang Rascher -- Use of denaturing high-performance liquid chromatography in molecular medicine / Elizabeth L. Rugg and Gareth J. Magee -- Quantitative PCR / David Sugden -- Liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry of nucleic acids / Herbert Oberacher and Walther Parson -- Comparative genomic hybridization in clinical and medical research / Peng-Hui Wang, Yann-Jang Chen, and Chi-Hung Lin -- Bioinformatics tools for gene and protein sequence analysis / Bernd H.A. Rehm and Frank Reinecke -- In situ hybridization / Amanda D. Watters -- Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay / William J. Jordan -- Protein therapeutics: mouse, humanized, and human antibodies / Benny K.C. Lo -- Karyotyping / Avery A. Sandberg, John F. Stone, and Zhong Chen --Microsatellite analysis / Rachel E. Ibbotson and Anton E. Parker -- Analysis of chromosomal translocations / Andreas Hochhaus -- Differential display: theory and applications / Irina Gromova, Pavel Gromov, and Julio E. Celis -- Techniques for gene expression profiling / Mark P. Richards -- Capillary electrophoresis in clinical analysis / Margaret A. Jenkins and Sujiva Ratnaike -- Flow cytometry in the biomedical arena / James L. Weaver and Maryalice Stetler-Stevenson -- Immunocytochemistry / Patricia A. Fetsch -- Ribotyping in clinical microbiology / Patricia Severino and Sylvain Brisse -- Diagnostic applications of protein microarrays / Samir Hanash -- The human genome project / Rahul Chodhari and Eddie Chung -- Prenatal diagnosis of inborn errors of metabolism / Guy T.N. Besley -- Gene therapy: methods and application / Stella B. Somiari.
- Medical enhancement and posthumanity 2008, Springer
- Metabolic pathway engineering handbook. 1st ed. v. 1-2, 2010., CRCnetBASEv. 2 CRCnetBASE[v. 1.] Fundamentals -- [v. 2.] Tools and applications.
- Methods in biobanking 2011, Springer ProtocolsGenetic research and biobanks / D. Chalmers -- The need to downregulate: A minimal ethical framework for biobank research / M.G. Hansson -- Nordic biological specimen bank cohorts as basis for studies of cancer causes and control: Quality control tools for study cohorts with more than two million sample donors and 130,000 prospective cancers / E. Pukkala -- Biobanks collected for routine healthcare purposes: Build-up and use for epidemiologic research / J. Dillner and K. Andersson -- Biobanks and registers in epidemiologic research on cancer / E. Pukkala -- Study designs for biobank-based epidemiologic research on chronic diseases / E. Laara -- The European prospective investigation into cancer and nutrition biobank / P. Hainaut ... [et al.] -- The aids and cancer specimen resource / L.W. Ayers ... [et al.] -- Specific advantages of twin registries and biobanks / J. Kaprio -- The Swedish multi-generation register / A. Ekbom -- Multigenerational information: The example of the Icelandic genealogy database / H. Tulinius -- Creation of a new prospective research biobank: The example of HUNT3 / K. Hveem -- Best practices for establishing a biobank / G. Hallmans and J.B. Vaught -- Extraction, quantitation, and evaluation of function DNA from various sample types / M. Ivarsson and J. Carlson -- Cervical cytology biobanks as a resource for molecular epidemiology / M. Arbyn ... [et al.] -- Biobanking of fresh frozen tissue from clinical surgical specimens: Transport logistics, sample selection, and histologic characterization / J. Botling and P. Micke -- Protein extraction from solid tissue / C. Ericsson and M. Nister -- Collection and preservation of frozen microorganisms / R. Tedeschi and P. De Paoli -- Handling of solid brain tumor tissue for protein analysis / C. Ericsson and M. Nister -- Blood plasma handling for protein analysis / C. Ericsson and M. Nister -- Biobank informatics: Connecting genotypes and phenotypes / J.E. Litton -- A practical guide to constructing and using tissue microarrays / I. Chandler, R. Houlston and G. Landberg -- Breast cancer genomics based on biobanks / A. Forsti and K. Hemminki -- Monitoring, alarm, and data visualization service on sample preparing and sample storing devices in biobanks / H. Hauksdottir, K. Jonsdottir and A. Thorarinsson -- Fresh frozen tissue: RNA extraction and quality control / J. Botling and P. Micke.
- Methods in biotechnology v. 1-, 1997-, Springer Protocols
- Methods in protein design 2013, ScienceDirectComputational design of novel protein binders and experimental affinity maturation -- Mining tertiary structural motifs for assessment of designability -- Computational methods for controlling binding specificity -- Flexible backbone sampling methods to model and design protein alternative conformations -- Osprey: protein design with ensembles, flexibility, and provable algorithms -- Scientific benchmarks for guiding macromolecular energy function improvement -- Molecular dynamics simulations for the ranking, evaluation, and refinement of computationally designed proteins -- Multistate protein design using CLEVER and CLASSY -- Using analyses of amino acid coevolution to understand protein structure and function -- Evolution-based design of proteins -- Protein engineering and stabilization from sequence statistics: variation and covariation analysis -- Enzyme engineering by targeted libraries -- Generation of high-performance binding proteins for pepetide motifs by affinity clamping -- Engineering fibronectin-based binding proteins by yeast surface display -- Engineering and analysis of peptide-recognition domain specificities by phage display and deep sequencing -- Efficient sampling of SCHEMA chimera families to identify useful sequence elements -- Protein switch engineering by domain insertion -- Design of chimeric proteins by combination of subdomain-sized fragments -- [alpha]-helix mimicry with [alpha/beta]-peptides.
- MICAD NCBI BookshelfThis searchable database is a collection of in vivo molecular imaging agents developed for positron emission tomography (PET), single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound (US), computed tomography (CT), and optical imaging. MICAD, a key component of the "Molecular Libraries and Imaging" program of the NIH Roadmap, is being developed by NCBI, the National Center for Biotechnology Information".
- Microarray image analysis 2010, CRCnetBASE
- Microarray technology and its applications 2005, Springerpt. 1. General microarray technologies -- pt. 2. DNA microarrays -- pt. 3. Protein microarrays -- pt. 4. Cell & tissue microarrays.
- Microarrays in inflammation 2008, Springer
- Microdrop generation 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Microinjection 2009, Springer ProtocolsExpression of exogenous mRNA in Xenopus laevis embryos for the study of cell cycle regulation / Jill C. Sible and Brian N. Wroble -- Use of luciferase chimaera to monitor PLC[zeta] expression in mouse eggs / Karl Swann ... [et al.] -- Analysis of 14-3-3 family member function in Xenopus embryos by microinjection of antisense morpholino oligos / Jeffrey M.S. Lau and Anthony J. Muslin -- A microinjectable biological system, the Xenopus oocyte, as an approach to understanding signal transduction protein function / Katia Cailliau and Edith Browaeys-Poly -- Combining microinjection and immunoblotting to analyse MAP kinase phosphorylation in single starfish oocytes and eggs / David J. Carroll and Wei Hua -- Analysis of signaling pathways in zebrafish development by microinjection / William H. Kinsey -- Protein inhibition by microinjection and RNA-mediated interference in tissue culture cells : complementary approaches to study protein function / Jane R. Stout, Rania S. Rizk, and Claire E. Walczak -- DNA delivery by microinjection for the generation of recombinant mammalian cell lines / Sebastien Chenuet ... [et al.] -- Bacteriophage [phi]C31 integrase mediated transgenesis in Xenopus laevis for protein expression at endogenous levels / Bryan G. Allen and Daniel L. Weeks -- Germline transformation of Caenorhabditis elegans by injection / Pavan Kadandale, Indrani Chatterjee, and Andrew Singson -- Quantitative microinjection of mouse oocytes and eggs / Douglas Kline -- Microinjection of follicle-enclosed mouse oocytes / Laurinda A. Jaffe ... [et al.] -- Functional studies of regulatory genes in the sea urchin embryo / Vincenzo Cavalieri, Maria Di Bernardo, and Giovanni Spinelli -- Exploring the cytoskeleton during intracytoplasmic sperm injection in humans / Vanesa Y. Rawe and Héctor Chemes -- Somatic cell nuclear transfer in the mouse / Satoshi Kishigami and Teruhiko Wakayama.
- Microscopic techniques in biotechnology 2003, Wileych. 1. Light Microscopy, p. 1-145 -- ch. 2. Electron Microscopy, p. 147-286 -- ch. 3. Other Microscopical Methods and their Application Potential, p. 287-319.
- Molecular breeding of woody plants 2001, ScienceDirect
- Molecular diagnostics 2010, ScienceDirectAdvances in genomic and proteomic profiling of disease have transformed the field of molecular diagnostics, thus leading the way for a major revolution in clinical practice. While the range of tests for disease detection and staging is rapidly expanding, many physicians lack the knowledge required to determine which tests to order and how to interpret results. This handbook provides a complete guide to the use and interpretation of molecular testing in the clinical arena. No other available resource offers this emphasis, comprehensive scope, and practical utility in the clinical setting.
- Molecular diagnostics-- promises and possibilities 2010, Springer
- Molecular diagnostics. 2nd ed. 2010, ScienceDirectChapter 1. Molecular Diagnostics: Past, Present, and Future / George P. Patrinos, Wilhelm J. Ansorge -- Chapter 2 . Allele-Specific Mutation Detection / Aglaia Athanassiadou, Eleana F. Stavrou, Adamandia Papachatzopoulou, George P. Patrinos -- Chapter 3. Enzymatic and Chemical Cleavage Methods to Identify Genetic Variation / Chinh T. Bui, Emmanuelle Nicolas, Georgina Sallmann, Maria Chiotis, Andreana Lambrinakos, Kylee Rees, Ian Trounce, Richard G.H. Cotton, Lauryn Blakesley, Andrew K. Godwin, Anthony T. Yeung -- Chapter 4. Mutation Detection by Single Strand Conformation Polymorphism and Heteroduplex Analysis / Panayiotis G. Menounos, George P. Patrinos -- Chapter 5. Capillary Electrophoresis / Anja Bosserhoff, Claus Hellerbrand -- Chapter 6. Temperature and Denaturing Gradient Gel Electrophoresis / Hartmut Peters, Peter N. Robinson -- Chapter 7. Real-Time Polymerase Chain Reaction / Lut Overbergh, Anna-Paula Giulietti, Dirk Valckx, Chantal Mathieu -- Chapter 8 - Pyrosequencing / Sharon Marsh -- Chapter 9. Application of Padlock and Selector Probes in Molecular Medicine / Mats Nilsson, Chatarina Larsson, Johan Stenberg, Jenny Göransson, Ida Grundberg, Magnus Isaksson, Tim Conze, Sara Henriksson -- Chapter 10. Molecular Cytogenetics in Molecular Diagnostics / Holger Tönnies -- Chapter 11. Analysis of Human Splicing Defects Using Hybrid Minigenes / Franco Pagani, Francisco E. Baralle -- Chapter 12. Detection of Genomic Duplications and Deletions / Graham R. Taylor, Carol A. Delaney -- Chapter 13. Multiplex Ligation-Dependent Probe Amplification (MLPA) and Methylation-Specific (MS)-MLPA: Multiplex Detection of DNA/mRNA Copy Number and Methylation Changes / Eline M. Sepers, Jan P. Schouten -- Chapter 14. Molecular Techniques for DNA Methylation Studies / Jörg Tost, Ivo G. Gut -- Chapter 15. High-Resolution Melting Curve Analysis for Molecular Diagnostics / Jared S. Farrar, Gudrun H. Reed, Carl T. Wittwer -- Chapter 16. DNA Microarrays and Genetic Testing / Lars Dyrskjøt, Karina Dalsgaard-Sørensen, Marie Stampe-Ostenfeld, Karin Birkenkamp-Demtroder, Kasper Thorsen, Claus L. Andersen, Mogens Kruhøffer, Jens L. Jensen, Torben F. Ørntoft -- Chapter 17. Arrayed Primer Extension Microarrays for Molecular Diagnostics / Neeme Tonisson, Eneli Oitmaa, Kaarel Krjutskov, Janne Pullat, Ilona Lind, Merike Leego, Ants Kurg, Andres Metspalu -- Chapter 18. Application of Proteomics to Disease Diagnostics / Samir Hanash, Ji Qiu, Vitor Faca -- Chapter 19. RNA-Based Variant Detection: The Protein Truncation Test / Johan T. den Dunnen -- Chapter 20. Protein Diagnostics by Proximity Ligation: Combining Multiple Recognition and DNA Amplification for Improved Protein Analyses / Karl-Johan Leuchowius, Ola Söderberg, Masood Kamali-Moghaddam, Malin Jarvius, Irene Weibrecht, Katerina Pardali, Ulf Landegren --Chapter 21. Mass Spectrometry and its Applications to Functional Proteomics / Thomas Köcher, Giulio Superti-Furga -- Chapter 22. Pharmacogenetics and Pharmacogenomics: Impact on Drug Discovery and Clinical Care / Minoli Perera, Federico Innocenti -- Chapter 23. Nutrigenomics: Integrating Genomic Approaches into Nutrition Research / Lynette R. Ferguson, Martin Philpott, Matthew P.G. Barnett -- Chapter 24. Novel Next-Generation DNA Sequencing Techniques for Ultra High-Throughput Applications in Bio-Medicine / Wilhelm J. Ansorge -- Chapter 25. Locus-Specific and National/Ethnic Mutation Databases: Emerging Tools for Molecular Diagnostics / George P. Patrinos -- Chapter 26. Molecular Diagnostic Applications in Forensic Science / Bruce Budowle, John V. Planz, Rowan Campbell, Arthur J. Eisenberg -- Chapter 27. Mass Disaster Victim Identification Assisted by DNA Typing / Daniel Corach -- Chapter 28. Detection of Highly Pathogenic Viral Agents: Implications for Therapeutics, Vaccines and Biodefense / Kylene Kehn-Hall, Sina Bavari -- Chapter 29. Identification of Genetically Modified Organisms / Farid E. Ahmed -- Chapter 30. Molecular Diagnostics and Comparative Genomics in Clinical Microbiology / Alex van Belkum -- Chapter 31. Genetic Monitoring of Laboratory Rodents / Jean-Louis Guénet, Fernando J. Benavides -- Chapter 32. Safety Analysis in Retroviral Gene Therapy: Identifying Virus Integration Sites in Gene-Modified Cells / Stephanie Laufs, Luisa Schubert, Patrick Maier, W. Jens Zeller, Stefan Fruehauf -- Chapter 33. Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis / Martine de Rycke, Karen Sermon -- Chapter 34. Automated DNA Hybridization and Detection / Bert Gold -- Chapter 35. The Use of Microelectronic-Based Techniques in Molecular Diagnostic Assays / Piotr Grodzinski, Michael Ward, Robin Liu, Kathryn Scott, Saul Surrey, Paolo Fortina -- Chapter 36. Human Gene Patents and Genetic Testing / Timothy Caulfield, Yann Joly -- Chapter 37. Genetic Counseling and Ethics in Molecular Diagnostics / Mary Petrou -- Chapter 38. Genetic Testing and Psychology / Andrea Farkas Patenaude -- Chapter 39. General Considerations Concerning Safety in Biomedical Research Laboratories / William E. Grizzle, Walter C. Bell, Jerry Fredenburgh -- Chapter 40. Quality Management in the Laboratory / David Burnett.
- Molecular imaging and contrast agent database NCBI BookshelfThis searchable database is a collection of in vivo molecular imaging agents developed for positron emission tomography (PET), single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound (US), computed tomography (CT), and optical imaging. MICAD, a key component of the "Molecular Libraries and Imaging" program of the NIH Roadmap, is being developed by NCBI, the National Center for Biotechnology Information".
- Molecular modeling and simulation. [Repr. with corrections] 2006, MyiLibrary
- Nano-biotechnology for biomedical and diagnostic research 2012, SpringerBiomolecule/nanomaterial hybrid systems for nanobiotechnology -- Superresolution optical fluctuation imaging (SOFI) -- Application of nanoparticles for the detection and sorting of pathogenic bacteria by flow-cytometry -- Advancing nanostructured porous si-based optical transducers for label free bacteria detection -- Gold fibers as a platform for biosensing -- Surface-enhanced raman spectroscopy of organic molecules adsorbed on metallic nanoparticles -- Quantum dots and fluorescent protein FRET-based biosensors -- Semiconductor quantum dots as FRET acceptors for multiplexed diagnostics and molecular ruler application -- Assembly and microscopic characterization of DNA origami structures -- DNA nanotechnology -- Role of carbohydrate receptors in the macrophage uptake of dextran-coated iron oxide nanoparticles -- Toxicity of gold nanoparticles on somatic and reproductive cells -- Ultrasound activated nano-encapsulated targeted drug delivery and tumour cell poration -- Ultrasound mediated localized drug delivery -- Sonochemical proteinaceous microspheres for wound healing -- Alendronate liposomes for antitumor therapy: activation of [gamma] [delta] T cells and inhibition of tumor growth.
- Nanobiotechnology Wileyv. 2, 2007 Wiley[v. 1]. Concepts, applications, and perspectives -- 1 . Biocompatible inorganic devices / Thomas Sawitowski -- 2. Microfluidics meets nano : lab-on-a-chip devices and their potential for nanobiotechnology / Holger Bartos, Friedrich Götz, and Ralf-Peter Peters -- 3. Microcontact printing of proteins / Emmanuel Delamarche -- 4. Cell-nanostructure interactions / Joachim P. Spatz -- 5. Defined networks of neuronal cells in vitro / Andreas Offenhäusser and Angela K. Vogt -- 6. S-Layers / Uwe B. Sleytr ... [et al.] -- 7. Engineered nanopores / Hagan Bayley ... [et al.] -- 8. Genetic approaches to programmed assembly / Stanley Brown -- 9. Microbial nanoparticle production / Murali Sastry ... [et al.] -- 10. Magnetosomes : nanoscale magnetic iron minerals in bacteria / Richard B. Frankel and Dennis A. Bazylinski -- 11. Bacteriorhodopsin and its potential in technical applications / Norbert Hampp and Dieter Oesterhelt -- 12. Polymer Nanocontainers / Alexandra Graff ... [et al.] -- 13. Biomolecular motors operating in engineered environments / Stefan Diez, Jonne H. Helenius, and Jonathon Howard -- 14. Nanoparticle-biomaterial hybrid systems for bioelectronic devices and circuitry / Eugenii Katz and Itamar Willner -- 15. DNA-protein nanostructures / Christof M. Neimeyer -- 16. DNA-templated electronics / Erez Braun and Uri Sivan -- 17. Biomimetic fabrication of DNA-based metallic nanowires and networks / Michael Mertig and Wolfgang Pompe -- 18. Mineralization in nanostructured biocompartments : biomimetic ferritins for high-density data storage / Eric L. Mayes and Stephen Mann -- 19. DNA-gold nanoparticle conjugates / C. Shad Thaxton and Chad A. Mirkin -- 20. DNA nanostructures for mechanics and computing : nonlinear thinking with life's central molecule / Nadrian C. Seeman -- 21. Nanoparticles as non-viral transfection agents / M.N.V. Ravi Kumar, Udo Bakowsky, and Claus-Michael Lehr -- 22. Luminescent quantum dots for biological labeling / Xiaohu Gao and Shuming Nie -- 23. Nanoparticle molecular labels / James F. Hainfeld, Richard D. Powell, and Gerhard W. Hacker -- 24. Surface biology : analysis of biomolecular structure by atomic force microscopy and molecular pulling / Emin Oroudjev, Signe Danielsen and Helen G. Hansma -- 25. Force spectroscopy / Markus Seitz -- 26. Biofunctionalized nanoparticles for surface-enhanced raman scattering and surface plasmon resonance / Mahnaz El-Kouedi and Christine D. Keating -- 27. Bioconjugated silica nanoparticles for bioanalytical applications / Timothy J. Drake, Xiaojun Julia Zhao, and Weihong Tan. --v. 2. More concepts and applications -- Part I. Self-Assembly and Nanoparticles: Novel Principles -- ch. 1. Self-Assembled Artificial Transmembrane Ion Channels / Mary S. Gin, Emily G. Schmidt and Pinaki Talukdar, p. 1-15 -- ch. 2. Self-Assembling Nanostructures from Coiled-Coil Peptides / Maxim G. Ryadnov and Derek N. Woolfson, p. 17-38 -- ch. 3. Synthesis and Assembly of Nanoparticles and Nanostructures Using Bio-Derived Templates / Erik Dujardin and Stephen Mann, p. 39-63 -- ch. 4. Proteins and Nanoparticles: Covalent and Noncovalent Conjugates / Rochelle R. Arvizo, Mrinmoy De and Vincent M. Rotello, p. 65-78 -- ch. 5. Self-Assembling DNA Nanostructures for Patterned Molecular Assembly / Thomas H. LaBean, Kurt V. Gothelf and John H. Reif, p. 79-97 -- ch. 6. Biocatalytic Growth of Nanoparticles for Sensors and Circuitry / Ronan Baron, Bilha Willner and Itamar Willner, p. 99-121 -- Part II. Nanostructures for Analytics -- ch. 7. Nanoparticles for Electrochemical Bioassays / Joseph Wang, p. 123-140 -- ch. 8. Luminescent Semiconductor Quantum Dots in Biology / Thomas Pons, Aaron R. Clapp, Igor L. Medintz and Hedi Mattoussi, p. 141-157 -- ch. 9. Nanoscale Localized Surface Plasmon Resonance Biosensors / Katherine A. Willets, W. Paige Hall, Leif J. Sherry, Xiaoyu Zhang, Jing Zhao and Richard P. Van Duyne, p. 159-173 -- ch. 10. Cantilever Array Sensors for Bioanalysis and Diagnostics / Hans Peter Lang, Martin Hegner and Christoph Gerber, p. 175-195 -- ch. 11. Shear-Force-Controlled Scanning Ion Conductance Microscopy / Tilman E. Schäffer, Boris Anczykowski, Matthias Böcker and Harald Fuchs, p. 197-212 -- ch. 12. Label-Free Nanowire and Nanotube Biomolecular Sensors for In-Vitro Diagnosis of Cancer and other Diseases / James R. Heath, p. 213-232 -- ch. 13. Bionanoarrays / Rafael A. Vega, Khalid Salaita, Joseph J. Kakkassery and Chad A. Mirkin, p. 233-259 -- Part III. Nanostructures for Medicinal Applications --. ch. 14. Biological Barriers to Nanocarrier-Mediated Delivery of Therapeutic and Imaging Agents, p. 261-284 / Rudy Juliano -- ch. 15. Organic Nanoparticles: Adapting Emerging Techniques from the Electronics Industry for the Generation of Shape-Specific, Functionalized Carriers for Applications in Nanomedicine / Larken E. Euliss, Julie A. DuPont and Joseph M. DeSimone, p. 285-303 -- ch. 16. Poly(amidoamine Dendrimer-Based Multifunctional Nanoparticles / Thommey P. Thomas, Rameshwer Shukla, Istvan J. Majoros, Andrzej Myc and James R. Baker, p. 305-319 -- ch. 17. Nanoparticle Contrast Agents for Molecular Magnetic Resonance Imaging / Young-Wook Jun, Jae-Hyun Lee and Jinwoo Cheon, p. 321-346 -- ch. 18. Micro- and Nanoscale Control of Cellular Environment for Tissue Engineering / Ali Khademhosseini, Yibo Ling, Jeffrey M. Karp and Robert Langer, p. 347-364 -- ch. 19. Diagnostic and Therapeutic Targeted Perfluorocarbon Nanoparticles / Patrick M. Winter, Shelton D. Caruthers, Gregory M. Lanza and Samuel A. Wickline, p. 365-380 -- Part IV. Nanomotors -- ch. 20. Biological Nanomotors / Manfred Schliwa, p. 381-399 -- ch. 21. Biologically Inspired Hybrid Nanodevices / David Wendell, Eric Dy, Jordan Patti and Carlo D. Montemagno, p. 401-418.
- Nanobiotechnology protocols 2005, Springer ProtocolsApplications of quantum dots in biology: an overview -- Fluoroimmunoassays using antibody-conjugated quantum dots -- Labeling cell-surface proteins via antibody quantum dot streptavidin conjugates -- Peptide-conjugated quantum dots: imaging the angiotensin type 1 receptor in living cells -- Quantum dot-encoded beads -- Use of nanobarcodes particles in bioassays -- Assembly and characterization of biomolecule-gold nanoparticle conjugates and their use in intracellular imaging -- Whole-blood immunoassay facilitated by gold nanoshell-conjugate antibodies -- Assays for selection of single-chain fragment variable recombinant antibodies to metal nanoclusters -- Surface-functionalized nanoparticles for controlled drug delivery -- Screening of combinatorial peptide libraries for nanocluster synthesis -- Structural DNA nanotechnology: an overview -- Nanostructured DNA templates -- Probing DNA structure with nanoparticles -- Synthetic nanoscale elements for delivery of materials into viable cells -- Real-time cell dynamics with a multianalyte physiometer
- Nanocarrier technologies 2006, Springer
- Nanoelectromechanics in engineering and biology 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Nanomaterials and nanosystems for biomedical applications 2007, SpringerMicro and nano systems in biomedicine and drug delivery / Nesrin Hasirci -- Newlipid- and glycolipid-based nanosystems for targeted gene delivery: cholenims, glycoclips, and chitosan / R.I. Zhdanov ... [et. al] -- Artificial implants - new developments and associated problems / Abdelwahab Omri -- Niosomes as nanocarrier systems / Nefise Ozlen Sahin -- Starch - a potential biomaterial for biomedical application / Lovedeep Kaur, Jaspreet Singh, Qiang Liu -- Alternative applications for drug delivery: nasal and pulmonary routes / A. Yekta Ozer -- An overview of lipsome-derived nanocarrier technologies / M. Reza Mozafari, Kianoush Khosravi-Darani -- Uptake studies of free and liposomal sclareol by MCF-7 and H-460 human cancer cell lines / Agnes Paradissi ... [et. al] -- Release advantages of a liposomal dendrimer- doxorubicin complex, over conventional liposomal formulation of doxorubicin / Aristarchos Papagiannoros, Costas Demetzos -- Applications of light and electron microscopic techniques in liposome research / A. Yekta Ozer.
- Nanoscale technology in biological systems 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Near-infrared applications in biotechnology 2001, CRCnetBASE
- New animal models of human neurological diseases 2008, KargerTheoretical considerations on animal models / Poindron, P., Callizot, N., Piguet, P. -- Mouse models with motor neuron defects as a tool for deciphering amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Applications, limits, and future challenges / Echaniz-Laguna, A. ... [et al.] -- A chronic relapsing animal model for multiple sclerosis. Myelin oligodendrocyte glycoprotein induced experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis in dark agouti rats / Kinter, J., Zeis, T., Schaeren-Wiemers, N. -- Occlusion of the middle cerebral artery in rats. Refinement of an animal model for human stroke / Cam, E. ... [et al.] -- Pyridoxine-induced peripheral neuropathy. Animal models and uses / Callizot, N., Poindron, P. -- A dopamine-sensitive inherited motor syndrome linked to the frissonnant mutation / Callizot, N., Guenet, J.-L., Poindron, P.
- New frontiers of network analysis in systems biology 2012, SpringerGene Expression Profiling and Regulatory Networks in Single Cells /Fumio Arai, Kentaro Hosokawa, Yoshiko Matsumoto, Hirofumi Toyama and Toshio Suda --Cell Fate Regulatory Networks /Sonya J. Ridden and Ben D. MacArthur --Noise in Regulatory Networks /Srinandan Dasmahapatra --Generalised Modelling in Systems Biology /Thilo Gross --Relative Quantification Mass Spectrometry Using iTRAQ Isobaric Tags /Richard D. Unwin, Emma Carrick and Anthony D. Whetton --Deciphering Protein Complexes and Protein Interaction Networks for Stem Cell Pluripotency /Jianlong Wang --Omics Era in Stem Cell Research: Data Integration of Multi-regulatory Layers /Ana Sevilla, Benjamin Trinite and Ihor R. Lemischka --High Throughput Affinity Purification and Mass Spectrometry to Determine Protein Complex Interactions /Anna Malovannaya, Rainer B. Lanz, Bert W. O'Malley and Jun Qin --Network Pharmacology to Aid the Drug Discovery Process /Ruth Dannenfelser, Huilei Xu, Catherine Raimond and Avi Ma'ayan --What Can Networks Do for You? /Bernhard M. Schuldt, Franz-Josef Müller and Andreas A. Schuppert.
- New high throughput technologies for DNA sequencing and genomics. 1st ed. 2007, ScienceDirectOverview: developments in DNA sequencing / Keith R. Mitchelson ... [et al.] -- Chip capillary electrophoresis and total genetic analysis systems / Quiang Xiong and Jing Cheng -- Comparative sequence analysis by MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry: utilizing the known to discover the new / Mathias Ehrich, Franz Hillenkamp, and Dirk van den Boom -- Advances in dye-nucleotide conjugate chemistry for DNA sequencing / Shiv Kumar and Carl W. Fuller -- The 454 life sciences picoliter sequencing system / Marcel Margulies ... [et al.] -- An integrated system for DNA sequencing by synthesis / John R. Edwards, Dae Hyun Kim, and Jingyue Ju -- Single-molecule fluorescence microscopy and its applications to single-molecule sequencing by cyclic synthesis / Benedict Hebert and Ido Braslavsky -- Rapid DNA sequencing by direct nanoscale reading of nucleotide bases on individual DNA chains / James Weifu Lee and Amit Meller -- A single molecule system for whole genome analysis / Shiguo Zhou, Jill Herschleb, and David C. Schwartz -- Sequencing aided by mutagenesis facilitates the de novo sequencing of megabase DNA fragments by short read lengths / Jonathan M. Keith ... [et al.] -- Genome sequencing and assembly / Annette McGrath -- Valid recovery of nucleic acid sequence information from high contamination risk samples: ancient DNA and environmental DNA / George A. Kowalchuk ... [et al.].
- New methods for culturing cells from nervous tissues 2005, KargerHippocampal slice cultures / Förster, E., Bartos, M., Zhao, S. -- Protocol for the primary culture of cortical neurons / Gonthier, B. ... [et al.] -- A new technique to control the architecture of neuronal networks in vitro / Wyart, C. ... [et al.] -- Organotypic cultures of the rat retina / Hofmann, H.-D. ... [et al.] -- Cerebellar slice cultures / Kapfhammer, J.P. -- Culture of dissociated hippocampal neurons / Rigato, F. -- Improved methods for culturing rat and mouse motor neurons. Their applications / Guettier-Sigrist, S. ... [et al.] -- Characterization of long-term cultured cell lines of murine microglia called MAMI. The case for MAMI-96 cell line / Laporte, V. ... [et al.].
- Nuclear reprogramming and stem cells 2011, Springer
- Nutraceutical and specialty lipids and their co-products 2006, CRCnetBASE1. Nutraceutical and Specialty Lipids / Fereidoon Shahidi and S.P.J.N. Senanayake -- 2. Medium-Chain Triacylglycerols / Yaakob B. Che Man and Marina Abdul Manaf -- 3. Cereal Grain Oils / Roman Przybylski -- 4. Fruit Seed Oils / Liangli Yu, John W. Parry, and Kequan Zhou -- 5. Minor Specialty Oils / Frank D. Gunstone -- 6. Sphingolipids / Fang Fang, Hang Chen, Chi-Tang Ho, and Robert T. Rosen -- 7. Modification and Purification of Sphingolipids and Gangliosides / Scott Bloomer -- 8. Hydroxy Fatty Acids / Thomas A. McKeon, Charlotta Turner, Xiaohua He, Grace Chen, and Jiann-Tsyh Lin -- 9. Tree Nut Oils and Byproducts: Compositional Characteristics and Nutraceutical Applications / Fereidoon Shahidi and H. Miraliakbari -- 10. Gamma-Linolenic Acid (GLA) / Yao-wen Huang and Chung-yi Huang -- 11. Diacylglycerols (DAGs) and their Mode of Action / Brent D. Flickinger -- 12. Conjugated Linoleic Acids (CLAs): Food, Nutrition, and Health / Bruce A. Watkins and Yong Li -- 13. Occurrence of Conjugated Fatty Acids in Aquatic and Terrestrial Plants and their Physiological Effects / Bhaskar Narayan, Masashi Hosokawa, and Kazuo Miyashita -- 14. Marine Conjugated Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids / Yasushi Endo, Si-Bum Park, and Kenshiro Fujimoto -- 15. Marine Oils: Compositional Characteristics and Health Effects / Fereidoon Shahidi and H. Miraliakbari -- 16. Single-Cell Oils as Sources of Nutraceutical and Specialty Lipids: Processing Technologies and Applications / S.P.J.N. Senanayake and Jaouad Fichtali -- 17. Emulsions for the Delivery of Nutraceutical Lipids / Karlene S.T. Mootoosingh and Dérick Rousseau -- 18. Lipid Emulsions for Total Parenteral Nutrition (TPN) Use and as Carriers for Lipid-Soluble Drugs / Hu Liu and Lili Wang -- 19. Modified Oils / Frank D. Gunstone -- 20. Fat Replacers: Mimetics and Substitutes / Barry G. Swanson -- 21. Application of Functional Lipids in Foods / Charlotte Jacobsen, Maike Timm-Heinrich, and Nina Skall Nielsen -- 22. Application of Multistep Reactions with Lipases to the Oil and Fat Industry / Yuji Shimada, Toshihiro Nagao, and Yomi Watanabe -- 23. Structure-Related Effects on Absorption and Metabolism of Nutraceutical and Specialty Lipids / Armand B. Christophe -- 24. Lipid Oxidation in Specialty Oils / Karen Schaich -- 25. Trans Fatty Acids in Specialty Lipids / G.R. List, R.O. Adlof, and J.W. King -- 26. Tocopherols and Tocotrienols as Byproducts of Edible Oil Processing / Vitamin E: A New Perspective Andreas M. Papas -- 27. Plant Sterols and Steryl Esters in Functional Foods and Nutraceuticals / Nikolaus Weber and Kumar D. Mukherjee -- 28. Phospholipids/Lecithin: A Class of Nutraceutical Lipids / Frank T. Orthoefer and G.R. List -- 29. Centrifugal Partition Chromatography (CPC) as a New Tool for Preparative-Scale Purification of Lipid and Related Compounds / Udaya Wanasundara and Paul Fedec -- 30. Oilseed Medicinals: Applications in Drugs and Functional Foods / Robert D. Reichert.
- PCR cloning protocols. 2nd ed. 2002, Springer Protocols
- Phage display in biotechnology and drug discovery 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Pharmaceutical biotechnology 2009, SpringerTranslational medicine: a paradigm shift in modern drug discovery and development: the role of biomarkers / Mark Day, J. Lynn Rutkowski, and Giora Z. Feuerstein -- Natural products in drug discovery: present status and perspectives / Gabriella Molinari -- Protein pharmaceuticals: discovery and preclinical development / Davinder S. Gill -- The role of nanobiotechnology in drug discovery / Kewal K. Jain -- Conotoxin venom peptide therapeutics / Richard J. Lewis -- Shark novel antigen receptors: the next generation of biologic therapeutics? / Caroline Barelle, Davinder Gill, and Keith Charlton -- Immune interventions of human diseases through toll-like receptors / Cevayir Coban, Ken J. Ishii, and Shizuo Akira -- Genome-based vaccine development: a short cut for the future / Danilo Gomes Moriel ... [et al.] -- The antigenome: from protein subunit vaccines to antibody treatments of bacterial infections? / Carmen Giefing, Eszter Nagy, and Alexander von Gabain -- HSV as a vector in vaccine development and gene therapy / Peggy Marconi ... [et al.] -- Virus-like particles as a vaccine delivery system: myths and facts / Polly Roy and Rob Noad -- Applications of bacterial ghosts in biomedicine / Petra Lubitz, Ulrike Beate Mayr, and Werner Lubitz -- Immune modulators with defined molecular targets: cornerstone to optimize rational vaccine design / Thomas Ebensen and Carlos A. Guzmøn -- Innovative approaches to develop prophylactic and therapeutic vaccines against HIV/AIDS / Aurelio Cafaro ... [et al.] -- New strategies to overcome the drawbacks of currently available flu vaccines / Epifanio Fichera ... [et al.].
- Pharmaceutical biotechnology. 2nd ed. 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Photon-based nanoscience and nanobiotechnology 2006, Springer
- Photonics and lasers 2006, WileyPart 1. Propagation of light -- ch. 1. Overview -- ch. 2. Review of optics -- ch. 3. Planar waveguides -- ch. 4. Cylindrical waveguides -- ch. 5. Losses in optical fibers -- ch. 6. Dispersion in optical fibers -- ch. 7. Fiber connections and diagnostics -- ch. 8. Photonic crystal optics -- ch. 9. Nonlinear optics -- Part 2. Generation and Detection of Light -- ch. 10. Review of semiconductor physics -- ch. 11. Light sources -- ch. 12. Light source to waveguide coupling efficiency -- ch. 13. Optical detectors -- ch. 14. Photodiode detectors -- Part 3. Laser light -- ch. 15. Lasers and coherent light -- ch. 16. Optical resonators -- ch. 17. Guassian beam optics -- ch. 18. Stimulated emission and optical gain -- ch. 19. Optical amplifiers -- ch. 20. Laser oscillation -- ch. 21. CW laser characteristics -- ch. 22. Pulsed lasers -- ch. 23. Survey of laser types -- Part 4. Light-based communications -- ch. 24. Optical communications -- Appendix A. Solid angle and the brightness theorem -- Appendix B. Fourier synthesis and the uncertainty relation.
- Measuring endogenous electric fields / Richard Nuccitelli -- Investigation systems to study the biological effects of weak physiological electric fields / Francis X. Hart -- Endogenous bioelectric signals as morphogenetic controls of development, regeneration, and neoplasm / Michael Levin -- Stem cell physiological responses to noninvasive electrical stimulation / Igor Titushkin ... [et al.] -- Electrical signals control corneal epithelial cell physiology and wound repair / Colin D. McCaig -- Physiological electric fields can direct keratinocyte migration and promote healing in chronic wounds / Christine E. Pullar -- Electrical control of angiogenesis / Entong Wang ... [et al.] -- Inflammatory cell electrotaxis / Francis Lin and Christine E. Pullar -- Effects of DC electric fields on migration of cells of the musculoskeletal system / Najmuddin J. Gunja, Clark T. Hung, and J. Chlöe Bulinski -- Neuronal growth cone guidance by physiological DC electric fields / Ann M. Rajnicek -- Can applied voltages be used to produce spinal cord regeneration and recovery in humans? / Richard Ben Borgens -- Bioelectricty of cancer : voltage-gated ion channels and direct-current electric fields / Mustafa B. A. Djamgoz.
- Phytoremediation 2007, Springer Protocols
- Plant biotechnology and molecular markers 2004, Springer
- Plant chromosome engineering 2011, Springer ProtocolsRecent advances in plant transformation -- Engineering the plastid genome of nicotiana sylvestris, a diploid model species for plastid genetics -- Homologous recombination in plants : An antireview -- Chromosome painting for plant biotechnology -- Plant B chromosomes -- Telomere truncation in plants -- Engineered plant minichromosomes -- Method for bxb1-mediated site-specific integration in planta -- Targeted mutagenesis in arabidopsis using zinc-finger nucleases -- Vectors and methods for hairpin RNA and artificial microRNA-mediated gene silencing in plants -- Recombinant protein expression in nicotiana -- Chromosome analysis and sorting using flow cytometry -- Super-stretched pachytene chromosomes for plant molecular cytogenetic mapping -- Cytological dissection of the triticeae chromosomes by the gametocidal system -- Development and use of oat-maize chromosome additions and radiation hybrids -- Enhancer trapping in plants -- Chromatin beacons : Global sampling of chromatin physical properties using chromatin charting lines -- Transposable elements as catalysts for chromosome rearrangements.
- Plant tissue culture engineering 2006, Springer
- Plant-produced microbial vaccines 2009, SpringerPlant vaccines: an immunological perspective / D.C. Hooper -- Display of peptides on the surface of tobacco mosaic virus particles / M.L. Smith ... [et al.] -- Chloroplast-derived vaccine antigens and biopharmaceuticals: expression, folding, assembly and functionality / S. Chebolu and H. Daniell -- Production of antibodies in plants: approaches and perspectives / K. Ko, R. Brodzik and Z. Steplewski -- Plant production of veterinary vaccines and therapeutics / R.W. Hammond and L.G. Nemchinov -- Plant-based oral vaccines: results of human trials / C.O. Tacket.
- Polysaccharides. 2nd ed. 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Practical guide to assay development and high-throughput screening in drug discovery 2010, CRCnetBASE
- Principles of cloning 2002, ScienceDirectHistorical perspective / Robert H. Foote -- Activation of mammalian oocytes / Rafael A. Fissore, Jeremy Smyth, Manabu Kurokawa and Philippe Collas -- The nucleus / Fyodor D. Urnov and Alan P. Wolffe -- Nuclear reprogramming : biological and technological constraints / Kevin Eggan and Rudolf Jaenisch -- Plasticity of somatic nucleus by epigenetic reprogramming via cell hybridization / Takashi Tada, Masako Tada and M. Azim Surani -- Determinants of pluripotency in mammals / Michele Boiani and Hans R. Schöler -- Micromanipulation techniques for cloning / Raymond L. Page -- Microinsemination and nuclear transfer with male germ cells / Atsuo Ogura, Narumi Ogonuki and Kimiko Inoue -- Development of viable mammalian embryos in vitro : evolution of sequential media / David K. Gardner and Michelle Lane -- Genetic and phenotypic similarity among members of mammalian clonal sets / George E. Seidel, Jr. -- Genetic modification and cloning in mammals / Patrick W. Dunne and Jorge A. Piedrahita -- Pregnancy and neonatal care of cloned animals / Jonathan R. Hill and Pascale Chavatte-Palmer -- Donor cell type and cloning efficiency in mammals / Y. Tsunoda and Y. Kato -- Cloning of amphibians / J.B. Gurdon and J.A. Byrne -- Cloning of fish / Yuko Wakamatsu and Kenjiro Ozato -- Cloning of mice / Teruhiko Wakayama and Anthony C.F. Perry -- Cloning of rabbits / András Dinnyés, X. Cindy Tian and Xiangzhong Yang -- Nuclear transfer in swine / Randall S. Prather -- Cloning of cattle / Neal L. First, Zeki Beyhan and Jennifer D. Ambroggio -- Cell cycle regulation in cloning / Keith H.S. Campbell -- Cloning of rats / Philip Iannaccone, Michael Bader and Vasiliy Galat -- Cloning in nonhuman primates / Tanja Dominko, Calvin Simerly, Crista Martinovich and Gerald Schatten -- Nuclear transfer for stem cells / Alan Trounson -- Current research and commercial applications of cloning technology / Steven L. Stice -- Transgenic cloned goats and the production of therapeutic proteins / Esmail Behboodi, LiHow Chen, Margaret M. Destrempes, Harry M. Meade and Yann Echelard -- Ethical implications of cloning / Ronald M. Green -- Mammalian cloning : challenges for the future / R.L. Gardner.
- Principles of regenerative medicine. 2nd ed. 2011, ScienceDirectChapter 1. Molecular Organization of Cells / Jon D. Ahlstrom -- Chapter 2. Cell-ECM Interactions in Repair and Regeneration / M. Petreaca, M. Martins-Green -- Chapter 3. Mechanisms of Blastema Formation in Regenerating Amphibian Limbs / David L. Stocum, Nandini Rao -- Chapter 4. The Molecular Circuitry Underlying Pluripotency in Embryonic Stem Cells and iPS Cells / Harvir Singh, Ali H. Brivanlou -- Chapter 5. How Cells Change their Phenotype / Caroline Beth Sangan, David Tosh -- Chapter 6. Scarless Wound Healing / Allison Nauta, Barrett Larson, Michael T. Longaker, H. Peter Lorenz -- Chapter 7. Somatic Cloning and Epigenetic Reprogramming in Mammals / Heiner Niemann, Wilfried A. Kues, Andrea Lucas-Hahn, Joseph W. Carnwath -- Chapter 8. Engineered Proteins for Controlling Gene Expression / Charles A. Gersbach -- Chapter 9. Genetic Approaches in Human Embryonic Stem Cells and their Derivatives: Prospects for Regenerative Medicine / Junfeng Ji, Bonan Zhong, Mickie Bhatia -- Chapter 10. Embryonic Stem Cells: Derivation and Properties / Junying Yu, James A. Thomson -- Chapter 11. Alternative Sources of Human Embryonic Stem Cells / Svetlana Gavrilov, Virginia E. Papaioannou, Donald W. Landry -- Chapter 12. Stem Cells from Amniotic Fluid / Mara Cananzi, Anthony Atala, Paolo de Coppi -- Chapter 13. Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells / Keisuke Okita, Shinya Yamanaka -- Chapter 14. MSCs in Regenerative Medicine / Arnold I. Caplan -- Chapter 15. Multipotent Adult Progenitor Cells / Philip Roelandt, Catherine M. Verfaillie -- Chapter 16. Hematopoietic Stem Cell Properties, Markers, and Therapeutics / Kuanyin K. Lin, Grant A. Challen, Margaret A. Goodell -- Chapter 17. Mesenchymal Stem Cells / Zulma Gazit, Gadi Pelled, Dima Sheyn, Nadav Kimelman, Dan Gazit -- Chapter 18. Cell Therapy of Liver Disease: From Hepatocytes to Stem Cells / Stephen C. Strom, Ewa C.S. Ellis -- Chapter 19. Cardiac Stem Cells: Biology and Therapeutic Applications / Sarah Selem, Konstantinos E. Hatzistergos, Joshua M. Hare -- Chapter 20. Skeletal Muscle Stem Cells / Benjamin D. Cosgrove, Helen M. Blau -- Chapter 21. Stem Cells Derived from Fat / Adam J. Katz, Alexander F. Mericli --Chapter 22. Peripheral Blood Stem Cells / Zhan Wang, Gunter Schuch, J. Koudy Williams, Shay Soker -- Chapter 23. Islet Cell Therapy and Pancreatic Stem Cells / Juan Domínguez-Bendala, Antonello Pileggi, Camillo Ricordi -- Chapter 24. Regenerative Medicine for Diseases of the Retina / Deepak A. Lamba, Thomas A. Reh -- Chapter 25. Somatic Cells: Growth and Expansion Potential of T Lymphocytes / Rita B. Effros -- Chapter 26. Mechanical Determinants of Tissue Development / Jonathan A. Kluge, Gary G. Leisk, David L. Kaplan -- Chapter 27. Morphogenesis of Bone, Morphogenetic Proteins, and Regenerative Medicine / A.H. Reddi -- Chapter 28. Physical Stress as a Factor in Tissue Growth and Remodeling / Joel D. Boerckel, Christopher V. Gemmiti, Yash M. Kolambkar, Blaise D. Porter, Robert E. Guldberg -- Chapter 29. Intelligent Surfaces for Cell-Sheet Engineering / Takanori Iwata, Masayuki Yamato, Teruo Okano -- Chapter 30. Applications of Nanotechnology for Regenerative Medicine / Benjamin S. Harrison, Sirinrath Sirivisoot -- Chapter 31. Design Principles in Biomaterials and Scaffolds / Hyukjin Lee, Hyun Jung Chung, Tae Gwan Park -- Chapter 32. Natural Origin Materials for Bone Tissue Engineering - Properties, Processing, and Performance / V.M. Correlo, J.M. Oliveira, J.F. Mano, N.M. Neves, R.L. Reis -- Chapter 33. Synthetic Polymers / M.C. Hacker, A.G. Mikos -- Chapter 34. Biological Scaffolds for Regenerative Medicine / Alexander Huber, Stephen F. Badylak -- Chapter 35. Hydrogels in Regenerative Medicine / Justin M. Saul, David F. Williams -- Chapter 36. Surface Modification of Biomaterials / Andrés J. García -- Chapter 37. Histogenesis in Three-dimensional Scaffolds / Melissa K. McHale, Nicole M. Bergmann, Jennifer L. West -- Chapter 38. Biocompatibility and Bioresponse to Biomaterials / James M. Anderson -- Chapter 39. Designing Tunable Artificial Matrices for Stem Cell Culture / Elizabeth F. Irwin, Jacob F. Pollock, David V. Schaffer, Kevin E. Healy -- Chapter 40. Biomineralization and Bone Regeneration / Jiang Hu, Xiaohua Liu, Peter X. Ma -- Chapter 41. Cell Therapy for Blood Substitutes / Shi-Jiang Lu, Qiang Feng, Feng Li, Erin A. Kimbrel, Robert Lanza --Chapter 42. Articular Cartilage / Lily Jeng, Francois Ng kee Kwong, Myron Spector -- Chapter 43. Myoblast Transplantation in Skeletal Muscles / Daniel Skuk, Jacques P. Tremblay -- Chapter 44. Clinical Islet Transplantation / Juliet A. Emamaullee, Michael McCall, A.M. James Shapiro -- Chapter 45. Fetal Tissues / Ryan P. Dorin, Chester J. Koh -- Chapter 46. Engineering of Large Diameter Vessels / Masood A. Machingal, Saami K. Yazdani, George J. Christ -- Chapter 47. Engineering of Small-Diameter Vessels / Brett C. Isenberg, Chrysanthi Williams, Robert T. Tranquillo -- Chapter 48. Cardiac Tissue / Milica Radisic, Michael V. Sefton -- Chapter 49. Regenerative Medicine in the Cornea / May Griffith, Per Fagerholm, Neil Lagali, Malcolm A. Latorre, Joanne Hackett, Heather Sheardown -- Chapter 50. Alimentary Tract / Richard M. Day -- Chapter 51. Extracorporeal Renal Replacement / Kimberly A. Johnston, H. David Humes -- Chapter 52. Tissue Engineering of the Reproductive System / Stefano Da Sacco, Laura Perin, Roger E. De Filippo -- Chapter 53. Cartilage Tissue Engineering / Qiongyu Guo, Jennifer H. Elisseeff -- Chapter 54. Functional Tissue Engineering of Ligament and Tendon Injuries / Savio L.-Y. Woo, Alejandro J. Almarza, Sinan Karaoglu, Rui Liang, Matthew B. Fisher -- Chapter 55. Central Nervous System / Brian G. Ballios, M. Douglas Baumann, Michael J. Cooke, Molly S. Shoichet -- Chapter 56. Peripheral Nerve Regeneration / Mahesh C. Dodla, Vivek J. Mukhatyar, Ravi V. Bellamkonda -- Chapter 57. Tissue Engineering of Skin / Fiona Wood -- Chapter 58. Regenerative Medicine of the Respiratory Tract / Martin A. Birchall, Sam Janes, Paolo Macchiarini -- Chapter 59. The Digit: Engineering of Phalanges and Small Joints / Makoto Komura, Jaehyun Kim, Anthony Atala, James J. Yoo, Sang Jin Lee -- Chapter 60. Intracorporeal Kidney Support / Jae Hyun Bae, Tamer Aboushwareb, Anthony Atala, James J. Yoo -- Chapter 61. Ethical Considerations / Ronald M. Green -- Chapter 62. US Stem Cell Research Policy / Josephine Johnston -- Chapter 63. Overview of the FDA Regulatory Process / Kevin J. Whittlesey, Mark H. Lee, Jiyoung M. Dang, Maegen Colehour, Judith Arcidiacono, Ellen Lazarus, David S. Kaplan, Donald Fink, Charles N. Durfor, Ashok Batra, Stephen L. Hilbert, Deborah Lavoie Grayeski, Richard McFarland, Celia Witten.
- Process scale bioseparations for the biopharmaceutical industry 2007, CRCnetBASEHarvest of a therapeutic protein product from high cell density fermentation broths : principles and case study / Elisabeth Russell, Alice Wang, and Anurag S. Rathore -- Expanded bed adsorption for capture from crude solution / Alan Sonnenfeld and Jorg Thommes -- Product recovery by high-gradient magnetic fishing / Matthias Franzreb ... [et al.] -- Protein refolding and scale up / Cynthia Cowgill, Asuman G. Ozturk, and Richard St. John -- Bulk protein crystallization, principles and methods / Mark R. Etzel -- Modes of preparative chromatography / Abhinav A. Shukla and Yinges Yigzaw -- Screening of chromatographic stationary phases / Abhinav A. Shukla and Xuejun Sean Han -- A priori prediction of chromatographic separations from protein structure data / Asif Ladiwala, Curt M. Breneman, and Steven M. Cramer -- Membrane chromatography : analysis of breakthrough curves and viral clearance / Mark R. Etzel and William T. Riordan -- Ultrafiltration process design and implementation / Herb Lutz and Bala Raghunath --Virus filtration process design and implementation / Michael W. Phillips ... [et al.] -- Product recovery from transgenic sources / Chenming (Mike) Zhang and Kevin E. Van Cott -- Analytical strategy for biopharmaceutical development / Drew N. Kelner and Mahesh K. Bhalgat -- Evaluation of viral clearance in purification processes / Amitava Kundu and Karl Reindel -- Advances in viral clearance / Kurt Brorson -- Protein A affinity chromatography for capture and purification of monoclonal antibodies and Fc-fusion proteins: practical considerations for process development / Sanchayita Ghose, Thomas McNerney, and Brian Hubbard -- Polishing methods for monoclonal IgG purification / Pete Gagnon -- Making changes to a biopharmaceutical manufacturing process during development and commercial manufacturing : the REMICADE story / Peter W. Wojciechowski ... [et al.] -- Linear scale-up of ultrafiltration of high viscosity process streams / Christopher Daniels ... [et al.] -- A membrane chromatography application : a rapid, high capacity gene therapy vector purification tool / Ajay R. Lajmi, Robert Kutner, and Jakob Reiser.
- Process validation in manufacturing of biopharmaceuticals 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Prodrugs 2007, Springer
- Producing biomolecular substances with fermenters, bioreactors, and biomolecular synthesizers 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Protein engineering 2009, SpringerUnderstanding enzyme mechanism through protein chimeragenesis / N.M. Goodey and S.J. Benkovic -- Chemical protein engineering : synthetic and semisynthetic peptides and proteins / L. Merkel, L. Moroder, and N. Budisa -- Native chemical ligation: Semisynthesis of post-translationally modified proteins and biological probes / E. Vogel Taylor and B. Imperiali -- Chemical methods for mimicking post-translational modifications / S.I. van Kasteren, P. Garnier and B.G. Davis -- Noncanonical amino acids in protein science and engineering / K.E. Beatty and D.A. Tirrell -- Fidelity mechanisms of the aminoacyl-tRNA synthetases / A.P. Mascarenhas ... [et al.] -- Specialized components of the translational machinery for unnatural amino acid mutagenesis : tRNAs, aminoacyl-tRNA synthetases, and ribosomes / C. Köhrer and U.L. RajBhandary -- In vivo studies of receptors and ion channels with unnatural amino acids / D.A. Dougherty -- Synthesis of modified proteins using misacylated tRNAs / S.M. Hecht -- Cell-free synthesis of proteins with unnatural amino acids. The pure system and expansion of the genetic code / I. Hirao, T. Kanamori and T. Ueda -- Engineering nucleobases and polymerases for an expanded genetic alphabet / A.M. Leconte and F.E. Romesberg -- Understanding membrane proteins. How to design inhibitors of transmembrane protein-protein interactions / J.S. Slusky, H. Yin and W.F. DeGrado.
- Psychrophiles 2008, Springer
- Quantitative aspects of bone densitometry 2009, HighWire
- Real world drug discovery. 1st ed. 2008, ScienceDirectThe drug discovery business to date -- The drug discovery business to come -- Industrial considerations -- how things get done : the project team -- Project considerations -- Hit generation -- Turning hits into drugs -- Initial properties -- ADME and PK properties -- Toxicity related properties -- A career in drug discovery research.
- Regenerative medicine and cell therapy 2013, Springer1. Cell Therapy for Neurodegenerative Disorders / Ilyas Singec -- 2. New Prospects for Neural Stem Cell Therapies of Nervous System Diseases Toward the Establishment of Atypical Ectopic Perivascular Stem Cell Niches / Clara Alfaro-Cervello, Chiara Cossetti, Elena Giusto, Matteo Donegà and Stefano Pluchino -- 3. Cultured Limbal Epithelial Stem Cell Therapy for Ocular Surface Diseases / Hannah J. Levis, Julie T. Daniels and Sajjad Ahmad -- 4. Keratinocyte Stem Cells: Biology and Clinical Applications / Carlo Pincelli and Alessandra Marconi -- 5. Cardiac Regeneration with Stem Cells / Beatriz Pelacho, Manuel Mazo, Sheyla Montori, Ana Maria Simon-Yarza, Juan Jose Gavira, Maria J. Blanco-Prieto and Felipe Prósper -- 6. Development of Biological Approaches to Improve Muscle Healing After Injury and Disease / Jonathan D. Proto and Johnny Huard -- 7 Mesenchymal Stem Cells in Bone and Cartilage Regeneration / Mohamadreza Baghaban Eslaminejad, Elham Zomorodian and Fatemeh Bagheri -- 8. Pancreatic Reprogramming / Juan Domínguez-Bendala -- 9. Pancreatic Regeneration in the Face of Diabetes / Zeeshan Ahmad -- 10. Regenerative Therapies for Liver Diseases / Amar Deep Sharma, Ina Rittelmeyer, Tobias Cantz and Michael Ott -- 11. Clinical Studies of Cell Therapy for Liver Cirrhosis / James A. Thomas and Stuart J. Forbes -- 12. Stem Cell Applications for the Treatment of Gastrointestinal System Diseases / Jacobo Trebol Lopez, Tihomir Georgiev-Hristov, Mariano García-Arranz and Damián García-Olmo -- 13. Germ Line Stem Cells: A Promising Alternative Source for Stem-Cell-Based Therapies in Regenerative Medicine / Ellen Goossens and Herman Tournaye -- 14. Cord Blood Stem Cells and Regenerative Medicine / David T. Harris.
- RNAi technology 2011, CRCnetBASE"RNA interference (RNAi) is a system within living cells that helps to control active genes and their activity level. Two types of small RNA molecules--microRNA (miRNA) and small interfering RNA (siRNA)--are central to RNA interference. The discovery of RNAi was preceded first by observations of transcriptional inhibition by antisense RNA expressed in transgenic plants and more directly by reports of unexpected outcomes in experiments performed by plant scientists in the U.S. and The Netherlands in the early 1990s. RNAi technology are used for large-scale screens that systematically shut down each gene in the cell, which can help identify the components necessary for a particular cellular process or an event such as cell division. Exploitation of the pathway is also a promising tool in biotechnology and medicine. This book reviews the selective and robust effect of RNAi on gene expression which makes it a valuable research tool, both in cell culture and in living organisms because synthetic dsRNA introduced into cells can induce suppression of specific genes of interest. This book will introduce new technology in the study of RNA interference in microorganisms, plants and animals."--Provided by publisher.
- Scale-up and optimization in preparative chromatography 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Selection and breeding programs in aquaculture 2005, Springer
- Sensors in medicine and health care 2004, Wileych. 1 Introduction / Prof. P.Å. Öberg, F.A. Spelman and T. Togawa, p. 1-13 -- ch. 2 Optical Sensors in Medical Care / P. Åke Öberg, p. 15-43 -- ch. 3 Biosensors for Monitoring Glucose / J.D. Newman and A.P.F. Turner, p. 45-78 -- ch. 4 Biomagnetic Imaging: Principles of Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Emerging Techniques in Progress / S. Ueno and N. Iriguchi, p. 79-105 -- ch. 5 Non-Invasive Cardiovascular Hemodynamic Measurements / K. Yamakoshi, p. 107-160 -- ch. 6 Sensors for Respiratory Monitoring / A. Johansson and B. Hök, p. 161-186 -- ch. 7 Sensors for Fetal and Neonatal Monitoring / P. Rolfe, p. 187-242 -- ch. 8 Body Motion Analysis / T. Tamura, p. 243-281 -- ch. 9 Cardiac Pacemakers / B. Hensel, G. Czygan, I. Weiss and T. Nappholz, p. 283-308 -- ch. 10 Cochlear Implants / F.A. Spelman, p. 309-338 -- ch. 11 Sensors for Catheter Applications / P.J. French, D. Tanase and J.F.L. Goosen, p. 339-380 -- ch. 12 Home Health Care and Telecare / T. Togawa, p. 381-405.
- Smart polymers for bioseparation and bioprocessing 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Smart polymers. 2nd ed. 2008, CRCnetBASE
- Stem cell research and therapeutics 2008, Springer
- Stem cells & regenerative medicine 2011, Springerpt. 1. Stem cell biology -- pt. 2. Epigenetic and microRNA regulation in stem cells -- pt. 3. Stem cells for therapeutic applications -- pt. 4. Nuclear reprogramming and induced pluripotent stem cells -- pt. 5. Tissue engineering -- pt. 6. Regenerative medicine.
- Stem cells and revascularization therapies 2012, CRCnetBASE
- Stem cells in regenerative medicine 2009, Springer ProtocolsDerivation and manipulation of murine embryonic stem cells / Alexander Meissner, Sarah Eminli, and Rudolf Jaenisch -- Patterning mouse and human embryonic stem cells using micro-contact printing / Raheem Peerani ... [et al.] -- Efficient gene knockdowns in human embryonic stem cells using lentiviral-based RNAi / Asmin Tulpule and George Q. Daley -- Measurement of cell-penetrating peptide-mediated transduction of adult hematopoietic stem cells / Aziza P. Manceur and Julie Audet -- Stem cell sources for regenerative medicine / Ali M. Riazi, Sarah Y. Kwon, and William L. Stanford -- Investigating the interactions between haemopoietic stem cells and their niche : methods for the analysis of stem cell homing and distribution within the marrow following transplantation / Brenda Williams and Susan K. Nilsson -- Ex vivo megakaryocyte expansion and platelet production from human cord blood stem cells / Valérie Cortin, Nicolas Pineault, and Alain Garnier -- Ex vivo generation of human red blood cells : a new advance in stem cell engineering / Luc Douay and Marie-Catherine Giarratana -- Isolation and manipulation of mammalian neural stem cells in vitro / Claudio Giachino, Onur Basak, and Verdon Taylor -- Isolation, expansion, and differentiation of mouse skin-derived precursors / Karl J.L. Fernandes and Freda D. Miller -- Xenotransplantation of embryonic stem cell-derived motor neurons into the developing chick spinal cord / Hynek Wichterle, Mirza Peljto, and Stephane Nedelec -- Transplantation of neural stem/progenitor cells into developing and adult CNS / Tong Zheng ... [et al.] -- Transplantation of embrynic stem cell-derived dopaminergic neurons in MPTP-treated monkeys / Jun Takahashi, Yasushi Takagi, and Hidemoto Saiki -- Isolation and culture of epithelial stem cells / Jonathan A. Nowak and Elaine Fuchs -- Regeneration of skin and cornea by tissue engineering / Danielle Larouche ... [et al.] -- Prospective isolation of mesenchymal stem cells from mouse compact bone / Brenton J. Short, Nathalie Brouard, and Paul J. Simmons -- Isolation, propagation, and characterization of human umbilical cord perivascular cells (HUCPVCs) / Rahul Sarugaser ... [et al.] -- Bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells : isolation, expansion, characterization, viral transduction, and production of conditioned medium / Massimilano Gnecchi and Luis G. Melo -- Template DNA-strand co-segregation and asymmetric cell division in skeletal muscle stem cells / Vasily Shinin, Barbara Gayraud-Morel, and Shahragim Tajbakhsh -- Isolation and grafting of single muscle fibres / Charlotte A. Collins and Peter S. Zammit -- Differentiation and dynamic analysis of primitive vessels from embryonic stem cells / Gefei Zeng and Victoria L. Bautch -- Derivation of contractile smooth muscle cells from embryonic stem cells / Sanjay Sinha, Mark H. Hoofnagle, and Gary K. Owens -- Islet-derived progenitors as a source of in vitro islet regeneration / Stephen Hanley and Lawrence Rosenberg -- Isolation and characterization of hepatic stem cells, or "oval cells," from rat livers / Thomas D. Shupe ... [et al.] -- Reprogramming of liver to pancreas / Shifaan Thowfeequ ... [et al.]
- Sterile product facility design and project management. 2nd ed. 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Strategic health technology incorporation 2009, AtyponTechnology is essential to the delivery of health care but it is still only a tool that needs to be deployed wisely to ensure beneficial outcomes at reasonable costs. Among various categories of health technology, medical equipment has the unique distinction of requiring both high initial investments and costly maintenance during its entire useful life. This characteristic does not, however, imply that medical equipment is more costly than other categories, provided that it is managed properly. The foundation of a sound technology management process is the planning and acquisition of equipment, collectively called technology incorporation. This lecture presents a rational, strategic process for technology incorporation based on experience, some successful and many unsuccessful, accumulated in industrialized and developing countries over the last three decades. The planning step is focused on establishing a Technology Incorporation Plan (TIP) using data collected from an audit of existing technology, evaluating needs, impacts, costs, and benefits, and consolidating the information collected for decision making. The acquisition step implements TIP by selecting equipment based on technical, regulatory, financial, and supplier considerations, and procuring it using one of the multiple forms of purchasing or agreements with suppliers. This incorporation process is generic enough to be used, with suitable adaptations, for a wide variety of health organizations with different sizes and acuity levels, ranging from health clinics to community hospitals to major teaching hospitals and even to entire health systems. Such a broadly applicable process is possible because it is based on a conceptual framework composed of in-depth analysis of the basic principles that govern each stage of technology lifecycle. Using this incorporation process, successful TIPs have been created and implemented, thereby contributing to the improvement of healthcare services and limiting the associated expenses.
- Supramolecular design for biological applications 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Synthetic biology 2009, SpringerIntroduction / Markus Schmidt -- That Was the Synthetic Biology That Was / Luis Campos -- An Introduction to Synthetic Biology / Carolyn M.C. Lam, Miguel Godinho and Vítor A.P. Martins dos Santos -- Computational Design in Synthetic Biology / Maria Suarez, Guillermo Rodrigo, Javier Carrera and Alfonso Jaramillo -- The Ethics of Synthetic Biology: Outlining the Agenda / Anna Deplazes, Agomoni Ganguli-Mitra and Nikola Biller-Andorno -- Do I Understand What I Can Create? Biosafety Issues in Synthetic Biology / Markus Schmidt -- Security Issues Related to Synthetic Biology Between Threat Perceptions and Governance Options / Alexander Kelle -- The Intellectual Commons and Property in Synthetic Biology / Kenneth A. Oye and Rachel Wellhausen -- Governing Synthetic Biology: Processes and Outcomes / Joyce Tait -- Synthetic Biology and the Role of Civil Society Organizations Shaping the Agenda and Arena of the Public Debate / Dirk Stemerding, Huib de Vriend, Bart Walhout and Rinie van Est -- Summary and Conclusions / Alexander Kelle.
- Systems biology and biotechnology of Escherichia coli 2009, Springer
- Systems biology in cancer research and drug discovery 2012, Springer
- Systems biomedicine 2010, ScienceDirect
- Systems metabolic engineering 2012, Springer
- Technology and medical sciences--TMSi 2010 2011, CRCnetBASE
- Therapeutic applications of cell microencapsulation 2010, SpringerHighlights and trends in cell encapsulation / Gorka Orive and José Luis Pedraz -- Biomaterials in cell microencapsulation / Edorta Santos ... [et al.] -- Development of subsieve size capsules and application to cell therapy / Shinji Sakai and Koei Kawakami -- Regulatory considerations in application of encapsulated cell therapies / J. van Zanten and Paul de Vos -- Treatment of diabetes with encapsulated islets / Paul de Vos, Milica Spasojevic, and Marijke M. Faas -- Epo delivery by genetically engineered C2C12 myoblasts immobilized in microcapsules / Ainhoa Murua ... [et al.] -- Artificial cell microencapsulated stem cells in regenerative medicine, tissue engineering, and cell therapy / Zun Chang Liu and Thomas Ming Swi Chang -- Microencapsulated choroid plexus epithelial cell transplants for repair of the brain / Christopher G. Thanos, Briannan Bintz, and Dwaine F. Emerich -- Therapeutic application of cell microencapsulation in cancer / Brian Salmons and Walter H. Gunzburg -- Inorganic nanoporous membranes for immunoisolated cell-based drug delivery / Adam Mendelsohn and Tejal Desai -- Cell microencapsulation / Grace J. Lim ... [et al.] -- Commercial applicability of cell microancapsulation : a review of intellectual property rights / Stephan M. Meier.
- Tissue engineering 2006, ScienceDirect
- Tissue microarrays 2010, Springer ProtocolsApplications of tissue microarray technology -- Quality aspects of TMA analysis -- Representativity of TMA studies -- Recipient block TMA technique -- Protocol for constructing tissue arrays by cutting edge matrix assembly -- Hypodermic needle without recipient paraffin block technique -- Resin technologies : construction and staining of resin TMA's -- Tissue microarrays from frozen tissues-OCT technique -- An alternative technology to prepare tissue microarray using frozen tissue samples -- Building "tissue" microarrays from suspension cells -- Tissue microarrays from biopsy specimens -- Immunohistochemical analysis of tissue microarrays -- DNA copy number analysis on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissues in TMA format by RNA in situ hybridization -- Automated analysis of tissue microarrays -- Digital microscopy for boosting database integration and analysis in TMA studies -- From gene to clinic : TMA-based clinical validation of molecular markers in prostate cancer
- Transgenesis techniques. 2nd ed. 2002, Springer Protocols
- Trends in high pressure bioscience and biotechnology 2002, ScienceDirect
- Trends in stem cell biology and technology 2009, Springer
- Understanding biotechnology 2003, ProQuest SafariHistory: from biology to biotechnology. Advent of biotechnology ; Biotechnology prior to the 21st century ; Production of proteins ; Human genome project -- Genetic engineering. Central dogma ; Gene structure ; Viruses ; Gene manipulation ; Engineering genes -- Transformation. Principles of genetic transformation ; Methods of genetic transformation ; Bottlenecks in transformation ; Genetic engineering products ; Potential of transformation ; Gene expression ; Transgenic locus -- Biotechnological products. Economic aspects ; Transgenic animals ; Transgenics in agriculture ; Final considerations -- Biosafety. U.S. regulatory agencies ; Biosafety in other countries ; Biotechnology in agriculture ; Concerns about biotechnology -- Cloning. Technical hurdles in cloning ; Therapeutic cloning ; Human clones --Gene therapy. Genetic defects ; Vectors for gene delivery ; Gene therapy risks ; DNA vaccines ; Germ-line cell therapy ; Stem cell therapy ; Final considerations -- Pharmacogenomics. Pharmaceuticals and side effects ; Pharmaceuticals and genomes ; Hope for cures -- Molecular markers. DNA fingerprinting ; RFLP ; PCR -- Forensic DNA. DNA analysis ; Paternity tests ; Genomic pictures ; Final considerations -- Bioremediation. Depolluting organisms ; Final considerations -- Biodiversity. Preservation of biodiversity ; Genetic erosion ; Gene banks ; Biopiracy ; Final considerations -- Bioterrorism. Human pathogens of potential use in bioterrorism ; Toxins ; Biodefenses ; Agroterrorism ; Recommendations ; Final considerations -- Bioethics. Ethics and genetic engineering ; Genetic privacy ; Patent of genes ; Human "races" ; Trading human life ; Human cloning ; Stem cells ; Eugenics ; Biotechnology and Christian faith ; Case studies ; Final considerations.
- Validation standard operating procedures 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Valuation in life sciences 2007, Springer
- Valuation in life sciences. 2nd ed. 2008, Springer
- Viral nanoparticles 2011, CRCnetBASE
- Viruses and nanotechnology 2009, SpringerChemical modification of viruses and virus-like particles / E. Strable, M.G. Finn -- Structure-based engineering of an icosahedral virus for nanomedicine and nanotechnology / N.F. Steinmetz, T. Lin, G.P. Lomonossoff, J.E. Johnson -- Hybrid assembly of CPMV viruses and surface characteristics of different mutants / N.G. Portney, G. Destito, M. Manchester, M. Ozkan -- A library of protein cage architectures as nanomaterials / M.L. Flenniken ... [et al.] -- Biomedical nanotechnology using virus-based nanoparticles / G. Destito, A. Schneemann, M. Manchester -- Tumor targeting using canine parvovirus nanoparticles / P. Singh.
- Women in biotechnology 2008, Springer
- [Beta]-barrel channel proteins as tools in nanotechnology : 2014, Springerβ-barrel outer membrane channel proteins (OMP) have great potential as robust and flexible models or components in nanotechnology. Over the last decade biotechnological techniques allowed to expand the natural characteristics of OMPs by modifying their geometry and properties without affecting the overall protein structure and stability. The present book is oriented towards a broad group of readers including graduate students and advanced researchers. The β-barrel structure serviceability for the nano-material design will be its chief topic giving a general introduction to the field of OMP based nano-component development as well as the state of the art of the involved research. On the example of the E. coli FhuA the transformation of an OMP into a tailored nano-channel to be adapted to a non-biological synthetic (i.e. polymer) environment, rendering it competitive with artificial non-biological nano-pores will be outlined specifically the design of a set of protein nano-channels with tailored geometry (diameter, length), conductance and functionality will be reported as a case study. In order to make this book a valuable source of information for both biotechnologists and other scientists interested in bio-nanotechnology an overview of the different steps involved in the nano-channel protein design and production will be reported. The scientific strategy from concept design, theoretical considerations, genetic engineering and large scale production, to system assembly and biophysical characterization with an overview on technological applications including membrane/polymersome technology, will be described.
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases