Books by Subject
- 3D cell-based biosensors in drug disc...
- — Handbook of carbohydrate engineering ...
- Handbook of Corynebacterium glutamicu...
- — Trends in high pressure bioscience an...
- Trends in stem cell biology and techn...
- — Women in biotechnology .................
- Handbook of Corynebacterium glutamicum 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of food and bioprocess modeling techniques 2007, CRCnetBASEMathematical modeling techniques in food and bioprocessing: an overview / Ashim K. Datta and Shyam S. Sablani -- Lattice Boltzmann modeling / R.G.M. van der Sman -- Fluid flow and computational fluid dynamics / Ashwini Kumar and Ilhan Dilber -- Heat transfer / Ashim K. Datta -- Mass transfer: membrane processes / David Hughes, Taha Taha, and Zhanfeng Cui -- Heat and mass transfer / X. Dong Chen -- Reaction kinetics / Maria C. Giannakourou and Petros S. Taoukis -- Probabilistic modeling / Bart M. Nicolai, Nico Scheerlinck, and Maarten Hertog -- Experimental design and response surface methodology / Shuryo Nakai, Eunice C.Y. Li-Chan, and Jinglie Dou -- Multivariate analysis / Ioannis S. Arvanitoyannis -- Data mining / Geoffrey Holmes -- Artificial neural network modeling / Shyam S. Sablani -- Genetic algorithm / T. Morimoto -- Fractal analysis / M. Shafiur Rahman -- Fuzzy modeling / Haitham M. S. Lababidi and Christopher G. J. Baker -- Monte-Carlo simulation / Kevin Cronin & James P. Gleeson -- Dimensional analysis / Law C. Lim, Shyam S. Sablani, and Arun S. Mujumdar -- Linear programming / Eli Feinerman and Sam Saguy.
- Handbook of fungal biotechnology. 2nd ed., rev. and expanded. 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of industrial mycology 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of membrane separations 2009, CRCnetBASE
- Human ATP-binding cassette (ABC) transporter superfamily 2002, NCBI BookshelfIntroduction to ABC protein and gene organization -- Nomenclature -- Overview of human ABC gene subfamilies -- ABC genes and human genetic disease -- Mouse knockouts -- Multidrug resistance and cancer therapy -- Phylogenetic analysis of human ABC genes -- Mouse ABC genes -- Drosophila ABC genes -- ABCA genes -- ABCB genes -- ABCC genes -- ABCD genes -- ABCE genes -- ABCF genes -- ABCG genes.
- Immobilization of enzymes and cells. 2nd ed. 2006, Springer Protocols
- Induced pluripotent stem cells 2012, Springer
- Industrial pharmaceutical biotechnology 2002, Wileych. 1. Introduction to Functional Biotechnology, p. 1-72 -- ch. 2. Organizational Structures, p. 73-76 -- ch. 3. Markets and Factors, p. 77-78 -- ch. 4. Biotechnology and Medicine, p. 79-116 -- ch. 5. Drug Discovery, p. 117-144 -- ch. 6. Molecular Pharma-Biotechnology, p. 145-194 -- ch. 7. Research and Development, p. 195-200 -- ch. 8. Pharmaceutical Production, p. 201-238 -- ch. 9. Safety, p. 239-240 -- ch. 10. Environment, p. 241-243 -- ch. 11. Ethics, p. 245-246 -- ch. 12. Companies, Institutes, Networks, and Organizations, p. 247-261.
- Industrial proteins in perspective 2003, ScienceDirect
- Integrated microfabricated biodevices 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Introduction to biophotonics 2003, Wileych. 1. Introduction -- ch. 2. Fundamentals of Light and Matter -- ch. 3. Basics of Biology -- ch. 4. Fundamentals of Light-Matter Interactions -- ch. 5. Principles of Lasers, Current Laser Technology, and Nonlinear -- ch. 6. Photobiology -- ch. 7. Bioimaging: Principles and Techniques -- ch. 8. Bioimaging: Applications -- ch. 9. Biosensors -- ch. 10. Microarray Technology for Genomics and Proteomics -- ch. 11. Flow Cytometry -- ch. 12. Light-Activated Therapy: Photodynamic Therapy -- ch. 13. Tissue Engineering with Light -- ch. 14. Laser Tweezers and Laser Scissors -- ch. 15. Nanotechnology for Biophotonics: Bionanophotonics -- ch. 16. Biomaterials for Photonics.
- Introduction to fluorescence sensing 2009, Springer
- ch. The Structure of materials -- ch. 2. Thermodynamics of condensed phases -- ch. 3. Kinetic processes in materials -- ch. 4. Transport properties of materials -- ch. 5. Mechanics of materials -- ch. 6. Electrical, magnetic, and optical properties of materials -- ch. 7. Processing of materials -- ch. 8. Case studies in materials selection -- Appendix 1. Energy Values for Single Bonds -- Appendix 2. Structure of Some Common Polymers -- Appendix 3. Composition of Common Alloys -- Appendix 4. Surface and Interfacial Energies -- Appendix 5. Thermal Conductivities of Selected Materials -- Appendix 6. Diffusivities in Selected Systems -- Appendix 7. Mechanical Properties of Selected Materials -- Appendix 8. Electrical Conductivity of Selected Materials -- Appendix 9. Refractive Index of Selected Materials.
- Isolation and purification of proteins 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Lab-on-chips for cellomics 2004, Springer
- Laboratory Methods in Enzymology 2013, ScienceDirectComputational prediction of RNA secondary structure -- Reverse-transcription PCR (RT-PCR) -- Northern blotting -- Explanatory chapter: nuclease protection assays -- In vitro transcription from plasmid or PCR-amplified DNA -- Measurement of in vivo synthesis rates -- Method for measuring mRNA decay rate in saccharomyces cerevisiae -- Analysis of polysomes from bacteria -- Polysome profile analysis - yeast -- Polysome analysis of mammalian cells -- Polysome analysis for determining mRNA and ribosome association in saccharomyces cerevisiae -- Oligo(dT)-primed RT-PCR isolation of polyadenylated RNA degradation intermediates -- Circularized RT-PCR (cRT-PCR): analysis of the 5' ends, 3' ends, and poly(A) tails of RNA -- RNA radiolabeling -- Fluorescently labeling synthetic RNAs -- Analysis of RNA by analytical polyacrylamide gel -- RNA purification by preparative polyacrylamide gel -- Explanatory chapter: nucleic acid concentration determination -- RNA purification-precipitation methods -- Reverse transcriptase dideoxy sequencing of RNA -- RNA structure experimental analysis-chemical modification -- Structural analysis of RNA backbone using in-line probing.
- Laboratory methods in enzymology. First edition. 2013, ScienceDirect
- Lateral flow immunoassay 2009, Springer
- Lentivirus gene engineering protocols 2003, Springer Protocols
- Lipid biotechnology 2002, CRCnetBASEPart I. Oilseed Quality Improvement -- 1. Metabolic Engineering of Fatty Acid Biosynthesis / David J. Schultz and John B. Ohlrogge -- 2. Biochemistry and Biotechnology of Triacylglycerol Accumulation in Plants / Randall J. Weselake -- 3. Redirecting Lipid Metabolism in Plants / David Hildebrand, Suryadevara Rao, and Tomoko Hatanaka -- 4. Perspectives on the Production of Industrial Oils in Genetically Engineered Oilseeds / Anthony J. Kinney -- 5. New Gene Combinations Governing Saturated and Unsaturated Fatty Acid Composition in Soybean / Richard F. Wilson, Joseph W. Burton, Vincent R. Pantalone, and Ralph E. Dewey -- 6. Strategies for the Development of NuSun Sunflower Hybrids / Brady A. Vick and Jerry F. Miller -- 7. Biosynthesis of Ricinoleic Acid for Castor-Oil Production / Thomas A. McKeon and Jiann-Tsyh Lin -- Part II. Oxylipins: Formation, Potential Uses, and Their Role in Defense -- 8. Enzymatic Transformation of Lipids as a Plant Defense Mechanism / Daisuke Shibata and Hiroyuki Ohta -- 9. Biocatalysis by the Plant Lipoxygenase Pathway: Oxygenated Fatty Acid Production and Hydroperoxide Lyases / Harold W. Gardner and Alexander N. Grechkin -- 10. Biocatalysis by the Plant Lipoxygenase Pathway: Hydroperoxide-Metabolizing Enzymes / Alexander N. Grechkin and Harold W. Gardner -- 11. Prostaglandin-like Oxylipins in Plants: Biosynthesis, Molecular Signaling, and Response to Environment / Martin J. Mueller -- 12. Cutin Monomers: Biosynthesis and Plant Defense / Elizabeth Ble -- 13. Structural Diversity of Marine Oxylipins -- William H. Gerwick and Inder Pal Singh -- 14. Formation of Oxygenated Fatty Acids by Fungal Enzymes / Ernst Oliw and Chao Su -- 15. Enzymic Formation of Flavor Volatiles from Lipids / Wilfried Schwab and Peter Schreier -- 16. Terpenoid-Based Defense in Plants and Other Organisms / Mario R. Tellez, Stephen O. Duke, Kevin K. Schrader, Franck E. Dayan, Joanne G. Romagni, and Mozaina Kobaisy -- Part III. Lipases and Food Nutrition -- 17. Lipases: Structure, Function, and Properties / Alejandro G. Marangoni -- 18. Industrial Uses of Lipase / Ching T. Hou -- 19. Plant Lipases as Biocatalysts / Kumar D. Mukherjee -- 20. Phospholipases in Enzyme Engineering of Phospholipids for Food, Cosmetics, and Medical Applications / Yugo Iwasaki and Tsuneo Yamane -- 21. Enzymatic Synthesis of Structured Lipids / Casimir C. Akoh, Subramani Sellappan, Lydia B. Fomuso, and Vivienne V. Yankah / 22. Enzymatic Production of Betapol and Other Specialty Fats / Casimir C. Akoh and Xuebing Xu -- 23. Enzyme-Mediated Modification of Milkfat / Victor M. Balcdo and F. Xavier Malcata -- 24. Enzymatic Enrichment of Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids / Yuji Shimada, Akio Sugihara, and Yoshio Tominaga -- 25. Production of Tailor-Made Polyunsaturated Phospholipids Through Bioconversions / Koretaro Takahashi and Masashi Hosokawa -- Part IV. Biocatalysts in Nonfood Applications -- 26. Enzymatic Preparation of Chiral Pharmaceutical Intermediates by Lipases / Ramesh N. Patel -- 27. Production of C20 Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids by an Arachidonic Acid-Producing Fungus Mortierella alpina 1S-4 and Related Strains / Jun Ogawa, Eiji Sakuradani, and Sakayu Shimizu -- 28. Microbial Transformations of Steroids / Herbert L. Holland -- 29. Enzymatic Approaches to the Production of Biodiesel Fuels / Michael J. Haas, George J. Piazza, and Thomas A. Foglia -- 30. Lipase-Catalyzed Synthesis of Value-Added Fatty Acid Esters / Jei-Fu Shaw -- 31. Microbiological Conversions of Fatty Acids to Value-Added Products / Tsung Min Kuo, Tsuneo Kaneshiro, and Ching T. Hou -- 32. Biosynthesis and Applications of Glycolipid and Lipopeptide Biosurfactants / David C. Herman and Raina M. Maier -- 33. Application of Lipolytic Enzymes in Detergents / Maarten R. Egmond -- 34. Supercritical Fluid Technology for Lipid Extraction, Fractionation, and Reactions / Jerry W. King -- 35. Enzyme Reactions in Supercritical Fluids / Osato Miyawaki and Kozo Nakamura.
- Liquid culture systems for in vitro plant propagation 2005, Springer
- Luminescence biotechnology 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Mammalian artificial chromosomes 2003, Springer Protocols
- Maximising the value of marine by-products 2007, CRCnetBASEpt. 1. Marine by-products characterisation, recovery and processing: 1. Physical and chemical properties of protein seafood by-products / T. Rustad ; 2. Physical and chemical properties of lipid by-products from seafood waste / J.P. Kerry and S.C. Murphy ; 3. On-board handling of marine by-products to prevent microbial spoilage, enzymatic reactions and lipid oxidation / E. Falch, M. Sandbakk and M. Aursand ; 4. Recovery of by-products from seafood processing streams / J.A. Torres ... [et al.] ; 5. Increasing processed flesh yield by recovery from marine by-products / K.D.A. Taylor and A. Himonides ; 6. Enzymatic methods for marine by-products recovery / F. Guerard ; 7. Chemical processing methods for protein recovery from marine by-products and underutilized fish species / H.G. Kristinsson, A.E. Theodore and B. Ingadottir -- pt. 2. Food uses of marine by-products: 8. By-catch, underutilized species and underutilized fish parts as food ingredients / I. Batista ; 9. Mince from seafood processing by-product and surimi as food ingredients / J.-S. Kim and J.W. Park ; 10. Aquatic food protein hydrolysates / H.G. Kristinsson ; 11. Engineering and functional properties of powders from underutilized marine fish and seafood products / S. Sathivel and P.J. Bechtel ; 12. Marine oils from seafood waste / F. Shahidi ; 13. Collagen an gelatin from marine by-products / J.M. Regenstein and P. Zhou ; 14. Seafood flavor from processing by-products / C.M. Lee ; 15. Fish and bone as a calcium source / S.-K. Kim and W.-K. Jung ; 16. Chitin and chitosan from marine by-products / F. Shahidi ; 17. Marine enzymes from seafood by-products / M.T. Morrissey and T. Okada ; 18. Antioxidants from marine by-products / F. Shahidi and Y. Zhong ; 19. Pigments from by-products of seafood processing / B.K. Simpson -- pt. 3. Non-food uses of marine by-products: 20. By-products from seafood processing for aquaculture and animals feeds / P.J. Bechtel ; 21. Using marine by-products in pharmaceutical, medical and cosmetic products / J. Losso ; 22. Bio-diesel and bio-gas production from seafood processing by-products / R. Zhang and H.M. El-Mashad ; 23. Composting of seafood wastes / A.M. Martin.
- Medical biomethods handbook 2005, SpringerFulltext Springer ProtocolsBasic techniques in molecular biology / Ralph Rapley -- Probe design, production, and applications / Marilena Aquino de Muro -- Restriction enzymes: tools in clinical research / Gareth J.S. Jenkins -- Southern blotting as a diagnostic method / Bronwen Harvey and Pirkko Soundy -- Western blotting as a diagnostic method / Pirkko Soundy and Bronwen Harvey -- Principles and medical applications of the polymerase chain reaction / Bimal D. M. Theophilus -- Single strand conformation polymorphism (SSCP) analysis / Igor Vorechovsky -- Denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis (DGGE) / Jeroen H. Roelfsema and Dorien J.M. Peters -- Quantitative analysis of DNA sequences by PCR and solid phase sequencing / Anu Suomalainen and Ann-Christine Syvänen -- Introduction to capillary electrophoresis of DNA: biomedical applications / Beatriz Sanchez-Vega -- Mapping techniques / Simon G. Gregory --Dideoxyfingerprinting for mutation detection / Ioannis Bossis, Antonios Voutetakis, and Constantine A. Stratakis -- Conformation sensitive gel electrophoresis / Marian Hill -- Amplification refractory mutation system and molecular diagnostics / Richard Kitching and Arun Seth -- Ligase chain reaction / Carla Osiowy -- Chemical cleavage of mismatch: theory and clinical applications / Neil V. Whittock and Louise Izatt -- The protein truncation test / Johan T. den Dunnen -- Linkage, allele sharing, and association / Mara Giordano -- Single nucleotide polymorphisms: technology and applications / Cyril Mamotte, Frank Christiansen, and Lyle J. Palmer -- cDNA microarrays / Philip G. Febbo -- Nucleic acid sequence-based amplification / Katherine Loens, D. Ursi, H. Goosens, and M. Ieven -- The oligonucleotide ligation assay / Faye A. Eggerding --Quantitative taqman real-time PCR: diagnostic and scientific applications / Jörg Dötsch, Ellen Schoof, and Wolfgang Rascher -- Use of denaturing high-performance liquid chromatography in molecular medicine / Elizabeth L. Rugg and Gareth J. Magee -- Quantitative PCR / David Sugden -- Liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry of nucleic acids / Herbert Oberacher and Walther Parson -- Comparative genomic hybridization in clinical and medical research / Peng-Hui Wang, Yann-Jang Chen, and Chi-Hung Lin -- Bioinformatics tools for gene and protein sequence analysis / Bernd H.A. Rehm and Frank Reinecke -- In situ hybridization / Amanda D. Watters -- Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay / William J. Jordan -- Protein therapeutics: mouse, humanized, and human antibodies / Benny K.C. Lo -- Karyotyping / Avery A. Sandberg, John F. Stone, and Zhong Chen --Microsatellite analysis / Rachel E. Ibbotson and Anton E. Parker -- Analysis of chromosomal translocations / Andreas Hochhaus -- Differential display: theory and applications / Irina Gromova, Pavel Gromov, and Julio E. Celis -- Techniques for gene expression profiling / Mark P. Richards -- Capillary electrophoresis in clinical analysis / Margaret A. Jenkins and Sujiva Ratnaike -- Flow cytometry in the biomedical arena / James L. Weaver and Maryalice Stetler-Stevenson -- Immunocytochemistry / Patricia A. Fetsch -- Ribotyping in clinical microbiology / Patricia Severino and Sylvain Brisse -- Diagnostic applications of protein microarrays / Samir Hanash -- The human genome project / Rahul Chodhari and Eddie Chung -- Prenatal diagnosis of inborn errors of metabolism / Guy T.N. Besley -- Gene therapy: methods and application / Stella B. Somiari.
- Medical enhancement and posthumanity 2008, Springer
- Metabolic pathway engineering handbook. 1st ed. v. 1-2, 2010., CRCnetBASEv. 2 CRCnetBASE[v. 1.] Fundamentals -- [v. 2.] Tools and applications.
- Methods in biobanking 2011, Springer ProtocolsGenetic research and biobanks / D. Chalmers -- The need to downregulate: A minimal ethical framework for biobank research / M.G. Hansson -- Nordic biological specimen bank cohorts as basis for studies of cancer causes and control: Quality control tools for study cohorts with more than two million sample donors and 130,000 prospective cancers / E. Pukkala -- Biobanks collected for routine healthcare purposes: Build-up and use for epidemiologic research / J. Dillner and K. Andersson -- Biobanks and registers in epidemiologic research on cancer / E. Pukkala -- Study designs for biobank-based epidemiologic research on chronic diseases / E. Laara -- The European prospective investigation into cancer and nutrition biobank / P. Hainaut ... [et al.] -- The aids and cancer specimen resource / L.W. Ayers ... [et al.] -- Specific advantages of twin registries and biobanks / J. Kaprio -- The Swedish multi-generation register / A. Ekbom -- Multigenerational information: The example of the Icelandic genealogy database / H. Tulinius -- Creation of a new prospective research biobank: The example of HUNT3 / K. Hveem -- Best practices for establishing a biobank / G. Hallmans and J.B. Vaught -- Extraction, quantitation, and evaluation of function DNA from various sample types / M. Ivarsson and J. Carlson -- Cervical cytology biobanks as a resource for molecular epidemiology / M. Arbyn ... [et al.] -- Biobanking of fresh frozen tissue from clinical surgical specimens: Transport logistics, sample selection, and histologic characterization / J. Botling and P. Micke -- Protein extraction from solid tissue / C. Ericsson and M. Nister -- Collection and preservation of frozen microorganisms / R. Tedeschi and P. De Paoli -- Handling of solid brain tumor tissue for protein analysis / C. Ericsson and M. Nister -- Blood plasma handling for protein analysis / C. Ericsson and M. Nister -- Biobank informatics: Connecting genotypes and phenotypes / J.E. Litton -- A practical guide to constructing and using tissue microarrays / I. Chandler, R. Houlston and G. Landberg -- Breast cancer genomics based on biobanks / A. Forsti and K. Hemminki -- Monitoring, alarm, and data visualization service on sample preparing and sample storing devices in biobanks / H. Hauksdottir, K. Jonsdottir and A. Thorarinsson -- Fresh frozen tissue: RNA extraction and quality control / J. Botling and P. Micke.
- Methods in biotechnology v. 1-, 1997-, Springer Protocols
- Methods in protein design 2013, ScienceDirectComputational design of novel protein binders and experimental affinity maturation -- Mining tertiary structural motifs for assessment of designability -- Computational methods for controlling binding specificity -- Flexible backbone sampling methods to model and design protein alternative conformations -- Osprey: protein design with ensembles, flexibility, and provable algorithms -- Scientific benchmarks for guiding macromolecular energy function improvement -- Molecular dynamics simulations for the ranking, evaluation, and refinement of computationally designed proteins -- Multistate protein design using CLEVER and CLASSY -- Using analyses of amino acid coevolution to understand protein structure and function -- Evolution-based design of proteins -- Protein engineering and stabilization from sequence statistics: variation and covariation analysis -- Enzyme engineering by targeted libraries -- Generation of high-performance binding proteins for pepetide motifs by affinity clamping -- Engineering fibronectin-based binding proteins by yeast surface display -- Engineering and analysis of peptide-recognition domain specificities by phage display and deep sequencing -- Efficient sampling of SCHEMA chimera families to identify useful sequence elements -- Protein switch engineering by domain insertion -- Design of chimeric proteins by combination of subdomain-sized fragments -- [alpha]-helix mimicry with [alpha/beta]-peptides.
- MICAD NCBI BookshelfThis searchable database is a collection of in vivo molecular imaging agents developed for positron emission tomography (PET), single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound (US), computed tomography (CT), and optical imaging. MICAD, a key component of the "Molecular Libraries and Imaging" program of the NIH Roadmap, is being developed by NCBI, the National Center for Biotechnology Information".
- Microarray image analysis 2010, CRCnetBASE
- Microarray technology and its applications 2005, Springerpt. 1. General microarray technologies -- pt. 2. DNA microarrays -- pt. 3. Protein microarrays -- pt. 4. Cell & tissue microarrays.
- Microarrays in inflammation 2008, Springer
- Microdrop generation 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Microinjection 2009, Springer ProtocolsExpression of exogenous mRNA in Xenopus laevis embryos for the study of cell cycle regulation / Jill C. Sible and Brian N. Wroble -- Use of luciferase chimaera to monitor PLC[zeta] expression in mouse eggs / Karl Swann ... [et al.] -- Analysis of 14-3-3 family member function in Xenopus embryos by microinjection of antisense morpholino oligos / Jeffrey M.S. Lau and Anthony J. Muslin -- A microinjectable biological system, the Xenopus oocyte, as an approach to understanding signal transduction protein function / Katia Cailliau and Edith Browaeys-Poly -- Combining microinjection and immunoblotting to analyse MAP kinase phosphorylation in single starfish oocytes and eggs / David J. Carroll and Wei Hua -- Analysis of signaling pathways in zebrafish development by microinjection / William H. Kinsey -- Protein inhibition by microinjection and RNA-mediated interference in tissue culture cells : complementary approaches to study protein function / Jane R. Stout, Rania S. Rizk, and Claire E. Walczak -- DNA delivery by microinjection for the generation of recombinant mammalian cell lines / Sebastien Chenuet ... [et al.] -- Bacteriophage [phi]C31 integrase mediated transgenesis in Xenopus laevis for protein expression at endogenous levels / Bryan G. Allen and Daniel L. Weeks -- Germline transformation of Caenorhabditis elegans by injection / Pavan Kadandale, Indrani Chatterjee, and Andrew Singson -- Quantitative microinjection of mouse oocytes and eggs / Douglas Kline -- Microinjection of follicle-enclosed mouse oocytes / Laurinda A. Jaffe ... [et al.] -- Functional studies of regulatory genes in the sea urchin embryo / Vincenzo Cavalieri, Maria Di Bernardo, and Giovanni Spinelli -- Exploring the cytoskeleton during intracytoplasmic sperm injection in humans / Vanesa Y. Rawe and Héctor Chemes -- Somatic cell nuclear transfer in the mouse / Satoshi Kishigami and Teruhiko Wakayama.
- Microscopic techniques in biotechnology 2003, Wileych. 1. Light Microscopy, p. 1-145 -- ch. 2. Electron Microscopy, p. 147-286 -- ch. 3. Other Microscopical Methods and their Application Potential, p. 287-319.
- Molecular breeding of woody plants 2001, ScienceDirect
- Molecular diagnostics 2010, ScienceDirectAdvances in genomic and proteomic profiling of disease have transformed the field of molecular diagnostics, thus leading the way for a major revolution in clinical practice. While the range of tests for disease detection and staging is rapidly expanding, many physicians lack the knowledge required to determine which tests to order and how to interpret results. This handbook provides a complete guide to the use and interpretation of molecular testing in the clinical arena. No other available resource offers this emphasis, comprehensive scope, and practical utility in the clinical setting.
- Molecular diagnostics-- promises and possibilities 2010, Springer
- Molecular diagnostics. 2nd ed. 2010, ScienceDirectChapter 1. Molecular Diagnostics: Past, Present, and Future / George P. Patrinos, Wilhelm J. Ansorge -- Chapter 2 . Allele-Specific Mutation Detection / Aglaia Athanassiadou, Eleana F. Stavrou, Adamandia Papachatzopoulou, George P. Patrinos -- Chapter 3. Enzymatic and Chemical Cleavage Methods to Identify Genetic Variation / Chinh T. Bui, Emmanuelle Nicolas, Georgina Sallmann, Maria Chiotis, Andreana Lambrinakos, Kylee Rees, Ian Trounce, Richard G.H. Cotton, Lauryn Blakesley, Andrew K. Godwin, Anthony T. Yeung -- Chapter 4. Mutation Detection by Single Strand Conformation Polymorphism and Heteroduplex Analysis / Panayiotis G. Menounos, George P. Patrinos -- Chapter 5. Capillary Electrophoresis / Anja Bosserhoff, Claus Hellerbrand -- Chapter 6. Temperature and Denaturing Gradient Gel Electrophoresis / Hartmut Peters, Peter N. Robinson -- Chapter 7. Real-Time Polymerase Chain Reaction / Lut Overbergh, Anna-Paula Giulietti, Dirk Valckx, Chantal Mathieu -- Chapter 8 - Pyrosequencing / Sharon Marsh -- Chapter 9. Application of Padlock and Selector Probes in Molecular Medicine / Mats Nilsson, Chatarina Larsson, Johan Stenberg, Jenny Göransson, Ida Grundberg, Magnus Isaksson, Tim Conze, Sara Henriksson -- Chapter 10. Molecular Cytogenetics in Molecular Diagnostics / Holger Tönnies -- Chapter 11. Analysis of Human Splicing Defects Using Hybrid Minigenes / Franco Pagani, Francisco E. Baralle -- Chapter 12. Detection of Genomic Duplications and Deletions / Graham R. Taylor, Carol A. Delaney -- Chapter 13. Multiplex Ligation-Dependent Probe Amplification (MLPA) and Methylation-Specific (MS)-MLPA: Multiplex Detection of DNA/mRNA Copy Number and Methylation Changes / Eline M. Sepers, Jan P. Schouten -- Chapter 14. Molecular Techniques for DNA Methylation Studies / Jörg Tost, Ivo G. Gut -- Chapter 15. High-Resolution Melting Curve Analysis for Molecular Diagnostics / Jared S. Farrar, Gudrun H. Reed, Carl T. Wittwer -- Chapter 16. DNA Microarrays and Genetic Testing / Lars Dyrskjøt, Karina Dalsgaard-Sørensen, Marie Stampe-Ostenfeld, Karin Birkenkamp-Demtroder, Kasper Thorsen, Claus L. Andersen, Mogens Kruhøffer, Jens L. Jensen, Torben F. Ørntoft -- Chapter 17. Arrayed Primer Extension Microarrays for Molecular Diagnostics / Neeme Tonisson, Eneli Oitmaa, Kaarel Krjutskov, Janne Pullat, Ilona Lind, Merike Leego, Ants Kurg, Andres Metspalu -- Chapter 18. Application of Proteomics to Disease Diagnostics / Samir Hanash, Ji Qiu, Vitor Faca -- Chapter 19. RNA-Based Variant Detection: The Protein Truncation Test / Johan T. den Dunnen -- Chapter 20. Protein Diagnostics by Proximity Ligation: Combining Multiple Recognition and DNA Amplification for Improved Protein Analyses / Karl-Johan Leuchowius, Ola Söderberg, Masood Kamali-Moghaddam, Malin Jarvius, Irene Weibrecht, Katerina Pardali, Ulf Landegren --Chapter 21. Mass Spectrometry and its Applications to Functional Proteomics / Thomas Köcher, Giulio Superti-Furga -- Chapter 22. Pharmacogenetics and Pharmacogenomics: Impact on Drug Discovery and Clinical Care / Minoli Perera, Federico Innocenti -- Chapter 23. Nutrigenomics: Integrating Genomic Approaches into Nutrition Research / Lynette R. Ferguson, Martin Philpott, Matthew P.G. Barnett -- Chapter 24. Novel Next-Generation DNA Sequencing Techniques for Ultra High-Throughput Applications in Bio-Medicine / Wilhelm J. Ansorge -- Chapter 25. Locus-Specific and National/Ethnic Mutation Databases: Emerging Tools for Molecular Diagnostics / George P. Patrinos -- Chapter 26. Molecular Diagnostic Applications in Forensic Science / Bruce Budowle, John V. Planz, Rowan Campbell, Arthur J. Eisenberg -- Chapter 27. Mass Disaster Victim Identification Assisted by DNA Typing / Daniel Corach -- Chapter 28. Detection of Highly Pathogenic Viral Agents: Implications for Therapeutics, Vaccines and Biodefense / Kylene Kehn-Hall, Sina Bavari -- Chapter 29. Identification of Genetically Modified Organisms / Farid E. Ahmed -- Chapter 30. Molecular Diagnostics and Comparative Genomics in Clinical Microbiology / Alex van Belkum -- Chapter 31. Genetic Monitoring of Laboratory Rodents / Jean-Louis Guénet, Fernando J. Benavides -- Chapter 32. Safety Analysis in Retroviral Gene Therapy: Identifying Virus Integration Sites in Gene-Modified Cells / Stephanie Laufs, Luisa Schubert, Patrick Maier, W. Jens Zeller, Stefan Fruehauf -- Chapter 33. Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis / Martine de Rycke, Karen Sermon -- Chapter 34. Automated DNA Hybridization and Detection / Bert Gold -- Chapter 35. The Use of Microelectronic-Based Techniques in Molecular Diagnostic Assays / Piotr Grodzinski, Michael Ward, Robin Liu, Kathryn Scott, Saul Surrey, Paolo Fortina -- Chapter 36. Human Gene Patents and Genetic Testing / Timothy Caulfield, Yann Joly -- Chapter 37. Genetic Counseling and Ethics in Molecular Diagnostics / Mary Petrou -- Chapter 38. Genetic Testing and Psychology / Andrea Farkas Patenaude -- Chapter 39. General Considerations Concerning Safety in Biomedical Research Laboratories / William E. Grizzle, Walter C. Bell, Jerry Fredenburgh -- Chapter 40. Quality Management in the Laboratory / David Burnett.
- Molecular imaging and contrast agent database NCBI BookshelfThis searchable database is a collection of in vivo molecular imaging agents developed for positron emission tomography (PET), single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound (US), computed tomography (CT), and optical imaging. MICAD, a key component of the "Molecular Libraries and Imaging" program of the NIH Roadmap, is being developed by NCBI, the National Center for Biotechnology Information".
- Molecular modeling and simulation. [Repr. with corrections] 2006, MyiLibrary
- Nano-biotechnology for biomedical and diagnostic research 2012, SpringerBiomolecule/nanomaterial hybrid systems for nanobiotechnology -- Superresolution optical fluctuation imaging (SOFI) -- Application of nanoparticles for the detection and sorting of pathogenic bacteria by flow-cytometry -- Advancing nanostructured porous si-based optical transducers for label free bacteria detection -- Gold fibers as a platform for biosensing -- Surface-enhanced raman spectroscopy of organic molecules adsorbed on metallic nanoparticles -- Quantum dots and fluorescent protein FRET-based biosensors -- Semiconductor quantum dots as FRET acceptors for multiplexed diagnostics and molecular ruler application -- Assembly and microscopic characterization of DNA origami structures -- DNA nanotechnology -- Role of carbohydrate receptors in the macrophage uptake of dextran-coated iron oxide nanoparticles -- Toxicity of gold nanoparticles on somatic and reproductive cells -- Ultrasound activated nano-encapsulated targeted drug delivery and tumour cell poration -- Ultrasound mediated localized drug delivery -- Sonochemical proteinaceous microspheres for wound healing -- Alendronate liposomes for antitumor therapy: activation of [gamma] [delta] T cells and inhibition of tumor growth.
- Nanobiotechnology Wileyv. 2, 2007 Wiley[v. 1]. Concepts, applications, and perspectives -- 1 . Biocompatible inorganic devices / Thomas Sawitowski -- 2. Microfluidics meets nano : lab-on-a-chip devices and their potential for nanobiotechnology / Holger Bartos, Friedrich Götz, and Ralf-Peter Peters -- 3. Microcontact printing of proteins / Emmanuel Delamarche -- 4. Cell-nanostructure interactions / Joachim P. Spatz -- 5. Defined networks of neuronal cells in vitro / Andreas Offenhäusser and Angela K. Vogt -- 6. S-Layers / Uwe B. Sleytr ... [et al.] -- 7. Engineered nanopores / Hagan Bayley ... [et al.] -- 8. Genetic approaches to programmed assembly / Stanley Brown -- 9. Microbial nanoparticle production / Murali Sastry ... [et al.] -- 10. Magnetosomes : nanoscale magnetic iron minerals in bacteria / Richard B. Frankel and Dennis A. Bazylinski -- 11. Bacteriorhodopsin and its potential in technical applications / Norbert Hampp and Dieter Oesterhelt -- 12. Polymer Nanocontainers / Alexandra Graff ... [et al.] -- 13. Biomolecular motors operating in engineered environments / Stefan Diez, Jonne H. Helenius, and Jonathon Howard -- 14. Nanoparticle-biomaterial hybrid systems for bioelectronic devices and circuitry / Eugenii Katz and Itamar Willner -- 15. DNA-protein nanostructures / Christof M. Neimeyer -- 16. DNA-templated electronics / Erez Braun and Uri Sivan -- 17. Biomimetic fabrication of DNA-based metallic nanowires and networks / Michael Mertig and Wolfgang Pompe -- 18. Mineralization in nanostructured biocompartments : biomimetic ferritins for high-density data storage / Eric L. Mayes and Stephen Mann -- 19. DNA-gold nanoparticle conjugates / C. Shad Thaxton and Chad A. Mirkin -- 20. DNA nanostructures for mechanics and computing : nonlinear thinking with life's central molecule / Nadrian C. Seeman -- 21. Nanoparticles as non-viral transfection agents / M.N.V. Ravi Kumar, Udo Bakowsky, and Claus-Michael Lehr -- 22. Luminescent quantum dots for biological labeling / Xiaohu Gao and Shuming Nie -- 23. Nanoparticle molecular labels / James F. Hainfeld, Richard D. Powell, and Gerhard W. Hacker -- 24. Surface biology : analysis of biomolecular structure by atomic force microscopy and molecular pulling / Emin Oroudjev, Signe Danielsen and Helen G. Hansma -- 25. Force spectroscopy / Markus Seitz -- 26. Biofunctionalized nanoparticles for surface-enhanced raman scattering and surface plasmon resonance / Mahnaz El-Kouedi and Christine D. Keating -- 27. Bioconjugated silica nanoparticles for bioanalytical applications / Timothy J. Drake, Xiaojun Julia Zhao, and Weihong Tan. --v. 2. More concepts and applications -- Part I. Self-Assembly and Nanoparticles: Novel Principles -- ch. 1. Self-Assembled Artificial Transmembrane Ion Channels / Mary S. Gin, Emily G. Schmidt and Pinaki Talukdar, p. 1-15 -- ch. 2. Self-Assembling Nanostructures from Coiled-Coil Peptides / Maxim G. Ryadnov and Derek N. Woolfson, p. 17-38 -- ch. 3. Synthesis and Assembly of Nanoparticles and Nanostructures Using Bio-Derived Templates / Erik Dujardin and Stephen Mann, p. 39-63 -- ch. 4. Proteins and Nanoparticles: Covalent and Noncovalent Conjugates / Rochelle R. Arvizo, Mrinmoy De and Vincent M. Rotello, p. 65-78 -- ch. 5. Self-Assembling DNA Nanostructures for Patterned Molecular Assembly / Thomas H. LaBean, Kurt V. Gothelf and John H. Reif, p. 79-97 -- ch. 6. Biocatalytic Growth of Nanoparticles for Sensors and Circuitry / Ronan Baron, Bilha Willner and Itamar Willner, p. 99-121 -- Part II. Nanostructures for Analytics -- ch. 7. Nanoparticles for Electrochemical Bioassays / Joseph Wang, p. 123-140 -- ch. 8. Luminescent Semiconductor Quantum Dots in Biology / Thomas Pons, Aaron R. Clapp, Igor L. Medintz and Hedi Mattoussi, p. 141-157 -- ch. 9. Nanoscale Localized Surface Plasmon Resonance Biosensors / Katherine A. Willets, W. Paige Hall, Leif J. Sherry, Xiaoyu Zhang, Jing Zhao and Richard P. Van Duyne, p. 159-173 -- ch. 10. Cantilever Array Sensors for Bioanalysis and Diagnostics / Hans Peter Lang, Martin Hegner and Christoph Gerber, p. 175-195 -- ch. 11. Shear-Force-Controlled Scanning Ion Conductance Microscopy / Tilman E. Schäffer, Boris Anczykowski, Matthias Böcker and Harald Fuchs, p. 197-212 -- ch. 12. Label-Free Nanowire and Nanotube Biomolecular Sensors for In-Vitro Diagnosis of Cancer and other Diseases / James R. Heath, p. 213-232 -- ch. 13. Bionanoarrays / Rafael A. Vega, Khalid Salaita, Joseph J. Kakkassery and Chad A. Mirkin, p. 233-259 -- Part III. Nanostructures for Medicinal Applications --. ch. 14. Biological Barriers to Nanocarrier-Mediated Delivery of Therapeutic and Imaging Agents, p. 261-284 / Rudy Juliano -- ch. 15. Organic Nanoparticles: Adapting Emerging Techniques from the Electronics Industry for the Generation of Shape-Specific, Functionalized Carriers for Applications in Nanomedicine / Larken E. Euliss, Julie A. DuPont and Joseph M. DeSimone, p. 285-303 -- ch. 16. Poly(amidoamine Dendrimer-Based Multifunctional Nanoparticles / Thommey P. Thomas, Rameshwer Shukla, Istvan J. Majoros, Andrzej Myc and James R. Baker, p. 305-319 -- ch. 17. Nanoparticle Contrast Agents for Molecular Magnetic Resonance Imaging / Young-Wook Jun, Jae-Hyun Lee and Jinwoo Cheon, p. 321-346 -- ch. 18. Micro- and Nanoscale Control of Cellular Environment for Tissue Engineering / Ali Khademhosseini, Yibo Ling, Jeffrey M. Karp and Robert Langer, p. 347-364 -- ch. 19. Diagnostic and Therapeutic Targeted Perfluorocarbon Nanoparticles / Patrick M. Winter, Shelton D. Caruthers, Gregory M. Lanza and Samuel A. Wickline, p. 365-380 -- Part IV. Nanomotors -- ch. 20. Biological Nanomotors / Manfred Schliwa, p. 381-399 -- ch. 21. Biologically Inspired Hybrid Nanodevices / David Wendell, Eric Dy, Jordan Patti and Carlo D. Montemagno, p. 401-418.
- Nanobiotechnology protocols 2005, Springer ProtocolsApplications of quantum dots in biology: an overview -- Fluoroimmunoassays using antibody-conjugated quantum dots -- Labeling cell-surface proteins via antibody quantum dot streptavidin conjugates -- Peptide-conjugated quantum dots: imaging the angiotensin type 1 receptor in living cells -- Quantum dot-encoded beads -- Use of nanobarcodes particles in bioassays -- Assembly and characterization of biomolecule-gold nanoparticle conjugates and their use in intracellular imaging -- Whole-blood immunoassay facilitated by gold nanoshell-conjugate antibodies -- Assays for selection of single-chain fragment variable recombinant antibodies to metal nanoclusters -- Surface-functionalized nanoparticles for controlled drug delivery -- Screening of combinatorial peptide libraries for nanocluster synthesis -- Structural DNA nanotechnology: an overview -- Nanostructured DNA templates -- Probing DNA structure with nanoparticles -- Synthetic nanoscale elements for delivery of materials into viable cells -- Real-time cell dynamics with a multianalyte physiometer
- Nanocarrier technologies 2006, Springer
- Nanoelectromechanics in engineering and biology 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Nanomaterials and nanosystems for biomedical applications 2007, SpringerMicro and nano systems in biomedicine and drug delivery / Nesrin Hasirci -- Newlipid- and glycolipid-based nanosystems for targeted gene delivery: cholenims, glycoclips, and chitosan / R.I. Zhdanov ... [et. al] -- Artificial implants - new developments and associated problems / Abdelwahab Omri -- Niosomes as nanocarrier systems / Nefise Ozlen Sahin -- Starch - a potential biomaterial for biomedical application / Lovedeep Kaur, Jaspreet Singh, Qiang Liu -- Alternative applications for drug delivery: nasal and pulmonary routes / A. Yekta Ozer -- An overview of lipsome-derived nanocarrier technologies / M. Reza Mozafari, Kianoush Khosravi-Darani -- Uptake studies of free and liposomal sclareol by MCF-7 and H-460 human cancer cell lines / Agnes Paradissi ... [et. al] -- Release advantages of a liposomal dendrimer- doxorubicin complex, over conventional liposomal formulation of doxorubicin / Aristarchos Papagiannoros, Costas Demetzos -- Applications of light and electron microscopic techniques in liposome research / A. Yekta Ozer.
- Nanoscale technology in biological systems 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Near-infrared applications in biotechnology 2001, CRCnetBASE
- New animal models of human neurological diseases 2008, KargerTheoretical considerations on animal models / Poindron, P., Callizot, N., Piguet, P. -- Mouse models with motor neuron defects as a tool for deciphering amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Applications, limits, and future challenges / Echaniz-Laguna, A. ... [et al.] -- A chronic relapsing animal model for multiple sclerosis. Myelin oligodendrocyte glycoprotein induced experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis in dark agouti rats / Kinter, J., Zeis, T., Schaeren-Wiemers, N. -- Occlusion of the middle cerebral artery in rats. Refinement of an animal model for human stroke / Cam, E. ... [et al.] -- Pyridoxine-induced peripheral neuropathy. Animal models and uses / Callizot, N., Poindron, P. -- A dopamine-sensitive inherited motor syndrome linked to the frissonnant mutation / Callizot, N., Guenet, J.-L., Poindron, P.
- New high throughput technologies for DNA sequencing and genomics. 1st ed. 2007, ScienceDirectOverview: developments in DNA sequencing / Keith R. Mitchelson ... [et al.] -- Chip capillary electrophoresis and total genetic analysis systems / Quiang Xiong and Jing Cheng -- Comparative sequence analysis by MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry: utilizing the known to discover the new / Mathias Ehrich, Franz Hillenkamp, and Dirk van den Boom -- Advances in dye-nucleotide conjugate chemistry for DNA sequencing / Shiv Kumar and Carl W. Fuller -- The 454 life sciences picoliter sequencing system / Marcel Margulies ... [et al.] -- An integrated system for DNA sequencing by synthesis / John R. Edwards, Dae Hyun Kim, and Jingyue Ju -- Single-molecule fluorescence microscopy and its applications to single-molecule sequencing by cyclic synthesis / Benedict Hebert and Ido Braslavsky -- Rapid DNA sequencing by direct nanoscale reading of nucleotide bases on individual DNA chains / James Weifu Lee and Amit Meller -- A single molecule system for whole genome analysis / Shiguo Zhou, Jill Herschleb, and David C. Schwartz -- Sequencing aided by mutagenesis facilitates the de novo sequencing of megabase DNA fragments by short read lengths / Jonathan M. Keith ... [et al.] -- Genome sequencing and assembly / Annette McGrath -- Valid recovery of nucleic acid sequence information from high contamination risk samples: ancient DNA and environmental DNA / George A. Kowalchuk ... [et al.].
- New methods for culturing cells from nervous tissues 2005, KargerHippocampal slice cultures / Förster, E., Bartos, M., Zhao, S. -- Protocol for the primary culture of cortical neurons / Gonthier, B. ... [et al.] -- A new technique to control the architecture of neuronal networks in vitro / Wyart, C. ... [et al.] -- Organotypic cultures of the rat retina / Hofmann, H.-D. ... [et al.] -- Cerebellar slice cultures / Kapfhammer, J.P. -- Culture of dissociated hippocampal neurons / Rigato, F. -- Improved methods for culturing rat and mouse motor neurons. Their applications / Guettier-Sigrist, S. ... [et al.] -- Characterization of long-term cultured cell lines of murine microglia called MAMI. The case for MAMI-96 cell line / Laporte, V. ... [et al.].
- Nutraceutical and specialty lipids and their co-products 2006, CRCnetBASE1. Nutraceutical and Specialty Lipids / Fereidoon Shahidi and S.P.J.N. Senanayake -- 2. Medium-Chain Triacylglycerols / Yaakob B. Che Man and Marina Abdul Manaf -- 3. Cereal Grain Oils / Roman Przybylski -- 4. Fruit Seed Oils / Liangli Yu, John W. Parry, and Kequan Zhou -- 5. Minor Specialty Oils / Frank D. Gunstone -- 6. Sphingolipids / Fang Fang, Hang Chen, Chi-Tang Ho, and Robert T. Rosen -- 7. Modification and Purification of Sphingolipids and Gangliosides / Scott Bloomer -- 8. Hydroxy Fatty Acids / Thomas A. McKeon, Charlotta Turner, Xiaohua He, Grace Chen, and Jiann-Tsyh Lin -- 9. Tree Nut Oils and Byproducts: Compositional Characteristics and Nutraceutical Applications / Fereidoon Shahidi and H. Miraliakbari -- 10. Gamma-Linolenic Acid (GLA) / Yao-wen Huang and Chung-yi Huang -- 11. Diacylglycerols (DAGs) and their Mode of Action / Brent D. Flickinger -- 12. Conjugated Linoleic Acids (CLAs): Food, Nutrition, and Health / Bruce A. Watkins and Yong Li -- 13. Occurrence of Conjugated Fatty Acids in Aquatic and Terrestrial Plants and their Physiological Effects / Bhaskar Narayan, Masashi Hosokawa, and Kazuo Miyashita -- 14. Marine Conjugated Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids / Yasushi Endo, Si-Bum Park, and Kenshiro Fujimoto -- 15. Marine Oils: Compositional Characteristics and Health Effects / Fereidoon Shahidi and H. Miraliakbari -- 16. Single-Cell Oils as Sources of Nutraceutical and Specialty Lipids: Processing Technologies and Applications / S.P.J.N. Senanayake and Jaouad Fichtali -- 17. Emulsions for the Delivery of Nutraceutical Lipids / Karlene S.T. Mootoosingh and Dérick Rousseau -- 18. Lipid Emulsions for Total Parenteral Nutrition (TPN) Use and as Carriers for Lipid-Soluble Drugs / Hu Liu and Lili Wang -- 19. Modified Oils / Frank D. Gunstone -- 20. Fat Replacers: Mimetics and Substitutes / Barry G. Swanson -- 21. Application of Functional Lipids in Foods / Charlotte Jacobsen, Maike Timm-Heinrich, and Nina Skall Nielsen -- 22. Application of Multistep Reactions with Lipases to the Oil and Fat Industry / Yuji Shimada, Toshihiro Nagao, and Yomi Watanabe -- 23. Structure-Related Effects on Absorption and Metabolism of Nutraceutical and Specialty Lipids / Armand B. Christophe -- 24. Lipid Oxidation in Specialty Oils / Karen Schaich -- 25. Trans Fatty Acids in Specialty Lipids / G.R. List, R.O. Adlof, and J.W. King -- 26. Tocopherols and Tocotrienols as Byproducts of Edible Oil Processing / Vitamin E: A New Perspective Andreas M. Papas -- 27. Plant Sterols and Steryl Esters in Functional Foods and Nutraceuticals / Nikolaus Weber and Kumar D. Mukherjee -- 28. Phospholipids/Lecithin: A Class of Nutraceutical Lipids / Frank T. Orthoefer and G.R. List -- 29. Centrifugal Partition Chromatography (CPC) as a New Tool for Preparative-Scale Purification of Lipid and Related Compounds / Udaya Wanasundara and Paul Fedec -- 30. Oilseed Medicinals: Applications in Drugs and Functional Foods / Robert D. Reichert.
- PCR cloning protocols. 2nd ed. 2002, Springer Protocols
- Phage display in biotechnology and drug discovery 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Pharmaceutical biotechnology 2009, SpringerTranslational medicine: a paradigm shift in modern drug discovery and development: the role of biomarkers / Mark Day, J. Lynn Rutkowski, and Giora Z. Feuerstein -- Natural products in drug discovery: present status and perspectives / Gabriella Molinari -- Protein pharmaceuticals: discovery and preclinical development / Davinder S. Gill -- The role of nanobiotechnology in drug discovery / Kewal K. Jain -- Conotoxin venom peptide therapeutics / Richard J. Lewis -- Shark novel antigen receptors: the next generation of biologic therapeutics? / Caroline Barelle, Davinder Gill, and Keith Charlton -- Immune interventions of human diseases through toll-like receptors / Cevayir Coban, Ken J. Ishii, and Shizuo Akira -- Genome-based vaccine development: a short cut for the future / Danilo Gomes Moriel ... [et al.] -- The antigenome: from protein subunit vaccines to antibody treatments of bacterial infections? / Carmen Giefing, Eszter Nagy, and Alexander von Gabain -- HSV as a vector in vaccine development and gene therapy / Peggy Marconi ... [et al.] -- Virus-like particles as a vaccine delivery system: myths and facts / Polly Roy and Rob Noad -- Applications of bacterial ghosts in biomedicine / Petra Lubitz, Ulrike Beate Mayr, and Werner Lubitz -- Immune modulators with defined molecular targets: cornerstone to optimize rational vaccine design / Thomas Ebensen and Carlos A. Guzmøn -- Innovative approaches to develop prophylactic and therapeutic vaccines against HIV/AIDS / Aurelio Cafaro ... [et al.] -- New strategies to overcome the drawbacks of currently available flu vaccines / Epifanio Fichera ... [et al.].
- Pharmaceutical biotechnology. 2nd ed. 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Photon-based nanoscience and nanobiotechnology 2006, Springer
- Photonics and lasers 2006, WileyPart 1. Propagation of light -- ch. 1. Overview -- ch. 2. Review of optics -- ch. 3. Planar waveguides -- ch. 4. Cylindrical waveguides -- ch. 5. Losses in optical fibers -- ch. 6. Dispersion in optical fibers -- ch. 7. Fiber connections and diagnostics -- ch. 8. Photonic crystal optics -- ch. 9. Nonlinear optics -- Part 2. Generation and Detection of Light -- ch. 10. Review of semiconductor physics -- ch. 11. Light sources -- ch. 12. Light source to waveguide coupling efficiency -- ch. 13. Optical detectors -- ch. 14. Photodiode detectors -- Part 3. Laser light -- ch. 15. Lasers and coherent light -- ch. 16. Optical resonators -- ch. 17. Guassian beam optics -- ch. 18. Stimulated emission and optical gain -- ch. 19. Optical amplifiers -- ch. 20. Laser oscillation -- ch. 21. CW laser characteristics -- ch. 22. Pulsed lasers -- ch. 23. Survey of laser types -- Part 4. Light-based communications -- ch. 24. Optical communications -- Appendix A. Solid angle and the brightness theorem -- Appendix B. Fourier synthesis and the uncertainty relation.
- Phytoremediation 2007, Springer Protocols
- Plant biotechnology and molecular markers 2004, Springer
- Plant chromosome engineering 2011, Springer ProtocolsRecent advances in plant transformation -- Engineering the plastid genome of nicotiana sylvestris, a diploid model species for plastid genetics -- Homologous recombination in plants : An antireview -- Chromosome painting for plant biotechnology -- Plant B chromosomes -- Telomere truncation in plants -- Engineered plant minichromosomes -- Method for bxb1-mediated site-specific integration in planta -- Targeted mutagenesis in arabidopsis using zinc-finger nucleases -- Vectors and methods for hairpin RNA and artificial microRNA-mediated gene silencing in plants -- Recombinant protein expression in nicotiana -- Chromosome analysis and sorting using flow cytometry -- Super-stretched pachytene chromosomes for plant molecular cytogenetic mapping -- Cytological dissection of the triticeae chromosomes by the gametocidal system -- Development and use of oat-maize chromosome additions and radiation hybrids -- Enhancer trapping in plants -- Chromatin beacons : Global sampling of chromatin physical properties using chromatin charting lines -- Transposable elements as catalysts for chromosome rearrangements.
- Plant tissue culture engineering 2006, Springer
- Plant-produced microbial vaccines 2009, SpringerPlant vaccines: an immunological perspective / D.C. Hooper -- Display of peptides on the surface of tobacco mosaic virus particles / M.L. Smith ... [et al.] -- Chloroplast-derived vaccine antigens and biopharmaceuticals: expression, folding, assembly and functionality / S. Chebolu and H. Daniell -- Production of antibodies in plants: approaches and perspectives / K. Ko, R. Brodzik and Z. Steplewski -- Plant production of veterinary vaccines and therapeutics / R.W. Hammond and L.G. Nemchinov -- Plant-based oral vaccines: results of human trials / C.O. Tacket.
- Polysaccharides. 2nd ed. 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Practical guide to assay development and high-throughput screening in drug discovery 2010, CRCnetBASE
- Principles of cloning 2002, ScienceDirectHistorical perspective / Robert H. Foote -- Activation of mammalian oocytes / Rafael A. Fissore, Jeremy Smyth, Manabu Kurokawa and Philippe Collas -- The nucleus / Fyodor D. Urnov and Alan P. Wolffe -- Nuclear reprogramming : biological and technological constraints / Kevin Eggan and Rudolf Jaenisch -- Plasticity of somatic nucleus by epigenetic reprogramming via cell hybridization / Takashi Tada, Masako Tada and M. Azim Surani -- Determinants of pluripotency in mammals / Michele Boiani and Hans R. Schöler -- Micromanipulation techniques for cloning / Raymond L. Page -- Microinsemination and nuclear transfer with male germ cells / Atsuo Ogura, Narumi Ogonuki and Kimiko Inoue -- Development of viable mammalian embryos in vitro : evolution of sequential media / David K. Gardner and Michelle Lane -- Genetic and phenotypic similarity among members of mammalian clonal sets / George E. Seidel, Jr. -- Genetic modification and cloning in mammals / Patrick W. Dunne and Jorge A. Piedrahita -- Pregnancy and neonatal care of cloned animals / Jonathan R. Hill and Pascale Chavatte-Palmer -- Donor cell type and cloning efficiency in mammals / Y. Tsunoda and Y. Kato -- Cloning of amphibians / J.B. Gurdon and J.A. Byrne -- Cloning of fish / Yuko Wakamatsu and Kenjiro Ozato -- Cloning of mice / Teruhiko Wakayama and Anthony C.F. Perry -- Cloning of rabbits / András Dinnyés, X. Cindy Tian and Xiangzhong Yang -- Nuclear transfer in swine / Randall S. Prather -- Cloning of cattle / Neal L. First, Zeki Beyhan and Jennifer D. Ambroggio -- Cell cycle regulation in cloning / Keith H.S. Campbell -- Cloning of rats / Philip Iannaccone, Michael Bader and Vasiliy Galat -- Cloning in nonhuman primates / Tanja Dominko, Calvin Simerly, Crista Martinovich and Gerald Schatten -- Nuclear transfer for stem cells / Alan Trounson -- Current research and commercial applications of cloning technology / Steven L. Stice -- Transgenic cloned goats and the production of therapeutic proteins / Esmail Behboodi, LiHow Chen, Margaret M. Destrempes, Harry M. Meade and Yann Echelard -- Ethical implications of cloning / Ronald M. Green -- Mammalian cloning : challenges for the future / R.L. Gardner.
- Principles of regenerative medicine. 2nd ed. 2011, ScienceDirectChapter 1. Molecular Organization of Cells / Jon D. Ahlstrom -- Chapter 2. Cell-ECM Interactions in Repair and Regeneration / M. Petreaca, M. Martins-Green -- Chapter 3. Mechanisms of Blastema Formation in Regenerating Amphibian Limbs / David L. Stocum, Nandini Rao -- Chapter 4. The Molecular Circuitry Underlying Pluripotency in Embryonic Stem Cells and iPS Cells / Harvir Singh, Ali H. Brivanlou -- Chapter 5. How Cells Change their Phenotype / Caroline Beth Sangan, David Tosh -- Chapter 6. Scarless Wound Healing / Allison Nauta, Barrett Larson, Michael T. Longaker, H. Peter Lorenz -- Chapter 7. Somatic Cloning and Epigenetic Reprogramming in Mammals / Heiner Niemann, Wilfried A. Kues, Andrea Lucas-Hahn, Joseph W. Carnwath -- Chapter 8. Engineered Proteins for Controlling Gene Expression / Charles A. Gersbach -- Chapter 9. Genetic Approaches in Human Embryonic Stem Cells and their Derivatives: Prospects for Regenerative Medicine / Junfeng Ji, Bonan Zhong, Mickie Bhatia -- Chapter 10. Embryonic Stem Cells: Derivation and Properties / Junying Yu, James A. Thomson -- Chapter 11. Alternative Sources of Human Embryonic Stem Cells / Svetlana Gavrilov, Virginia E. Papaioannou, Donald W. Landry -- Chapter 12. Stem Cells from Amniotic Fluid / Mara Cananzi, Anthony Atala, Paolo de Coppi -- Chapter 13. Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells / Keisuke Okita, Shinya Yamanaka -- Chapter 14. MSCs in Regenerative Medicine / Arnold I. Caplan -- Chapter 15. Multipotent Adult Progenitor Cells / Philip Roelandt, Catherine M. Verfaillie -- Chapter 16. Hematopoietic Stem Cell Properties, Markers, and Therapeutics / Kuanyin K. Lin, Grant A. Challen, Margaret A. Goodell -- Chapter 17. Mesenchymal Stem Cells / Zulma Gazit, Gadi Pelled, Dima Sheyn, Nadav Kimelman, Dan Gazit -- Chapter 18. Cell Therapy of Liver Disease: From Hepatocytes to Stem Cells / Stephen C. Strom, Ewa C.S. Ellis -- Chapter 19. Cardiac Stem Cells: Biology and Therapeutic Applications / Sarah Selem, Konstantinos E. Hatzistergos, Joshua M. Hare -- Chapter 20. Skeletal Muscle Stem Cells / Benjamin D. Cosgrove, Helen M. Blau -- Chapter 21. Stem Cells Derived from Fat / Adam J. Katz, Alexander F. Mericli --Chapter 22. Peripheral Blood Stem Cells / Zhan Wang, Gunter Schuch, J. Koudy Williams, Shay Soker -- Chapter 23. Islet Cell Therapy and Pancreatic Stem Cells / Juan Domínguez-Bendala, Antonello Pileggi, Camillo Ricordi -- Chapter 24. Regenerative Medicine for Diseases of the Retina / Deepak A. Lamba, Thomas A. Reh -- Chapter 25. Somatic Cells: Growth and Expansion Potential of T Lymphocytes / Rita B. Effros -- Chapter 26. Mechanical Determinants of Tissue Development / Jonathan A. Kluge, Gary G. Leisk, David L. Kaplan -- Chapter 27. Morphogenesis of Bone, Morphogenetic Proteins, and Regenerative Medicine / A.H. Reddi -- Chapter 28. Physical Stress as a Factor in Tissue Growth and Remodeling / Joel D. Boerckel, Christopher V. Gemmiti, Yash M. Kolambkar, Blaise D. Porter, Robert E. Guldberg -- Chapter 29. Intelligent Surfaces for Cell-Sheet Engineering / Takanori Iwata, Masayuki Yamato, Teruo Okano -- Chapter 30. Applications of Nanotechnology for Regenerative Medicine / Benjamin S. Harrison, Sirinrath Sirivisoot -- Chapter 31. Design Principles in Biomaterials and Scaffolds / Hyukjin Lee, Hyun Jung Chung, Tae Gwan Park -- Chapter 32. Natural Origin Materials for Bone Tissue Engineering - Properties, Processing, and Performance / V.M. Correlo, J.M. Oliveira, J.F. Mano, N.M. Neves, R.L. Reis -- Chapter 33. Synthetic Polymers / M.C. Hacker, A.G. Mikos -- Chapter 34. Biological Scaffolds for Regenerative Medicine / Alexander Huber, Stephen F. Badylak -- Chapter 35. Hydrogels in Regenerative Medicine / Justin M. Saul, David F. Williams -- Chapter 36. Surface Modification of Biomaterials / Andrés J. García -- Chapter 37. Histogenesis in Three-dimensional Scaffolds / Melissa K. McHale, Nicole M. Bergmann, Jennifer L. West -- Chapter 38. Biocompatibility and Bioresponse to Biomaterials / James M. Anderson -- Chapter 39. Designing Tunable Artificial Matrices for Stem Cell Culture / Elizabeth F. Irwin, Jacob F. Pollock, David V. Schaffer, Kevin E. Healy -- Chapter 40. Biomineralization and Bone Regeneration / Jiang Hu, Xiaohua Liu, Peter X. Ma -- Chapter 41. Cell Therapy for Blood Substitutes / Shi-Jiang Lu, Qiang Feng, Feng Li, Erin A. Kimbrel, Robert Lanza --Chapter 42. Articular Cartilage / Lily Jeng, Francois Ng kee Kwong, Myron Spector -- Chapter 43. Myoblast Transplantation in Skeletal Muscles / Daniel Skuk, Jacques P. Tremblay -- Chapter 44. Clinical Islet Transplantation / Juliet A. Emamaullee, Michael McCall, A.M. James Shapiro -- Chapter 45. Fetal Tissues / Ryan P. Dorin, Chester J. Koh -- Chapter 46. Engineering of Large Diameter Vessels / Masood A. Machingal, Saami K. Yazdani, George J. Christ -- Chapter 47. Engineering of Small-Diameter Vessels / Brett C. Isenberg, Chrysanthi Williams, Robert T. Tranquillo -- Chapter 48. Cardiac Tissue / Milica Radisic, Michael V. Sefton -- Chapter 49. Regenerative Medicine in the Cornea / May Griffith, Per Fagerholm, Neil Lagali, Malcolm A. Latorre, Joanne Hackett, Heather Sheardown -- Chapter 50. Alimentary Tract / Richard M. Day -- Chapter 51. Extracorporeal Renal Replacement / Kimberly A. Johnston, H. David Humes -- Chapter 52. Tissue Engineering of the Reproductive System / Stefano Da Sacco, Laura Perin, Roger E. De Filippo -- Chapter 53. Cartilage Tissue Engineering / Qiongyu Guo, Jennifer H. Elisseeff -- Chapter 54. Functional Tissue Engineering of Ligament and Tendon Injuries / Savio L.-Y. Woo, Alejandro J. Almarza, Sinan Karaoglu, Rui Liang, Matthew B. Fisher -- Chapter 55. Central Nervous System / Brian G. Ballios, M. Douglas Baumann, Michael J. Cooke, Molly S. Shoichet -- Chapter 56. Peripheral Nerve Regeneration / Mahesh C. Dodla, Vivek J. Mukhatyar, Ravi V. Bellamkonda -- Chapter 57. Tissue Engineering of Skin / Fiona Wood -- Chapter 58. Regenerative Medicine of the Respiratory Tract / Martin A. Birchall, Sam Janes, Paolo Macchiarini -- Chapter 59. The Digit: Engineering of Phalanges and Small Joints / Makoto Komura, Jaehyun Kim, Anthony Atala, James J. Yoo, Sang Jin Lee -- Chapter 60. Intracorporeal Kidney Support / Jae Hyun Bae, Tamer Aboushwareb, Anthony Atala, James J. Yoo -- Chapter 61. Ethical Considerations / Ronald M. Green -- Chapter 62. US Stem Cell Research Policy / Josephine Johnston -- Chapter 63. Overview of the FDA Regulatory Process / Kevin J. Whittlesey, Mark H. Lee, Jiyoung M. Dang, Maegen Colehour, Judith Arcidiacono, Ellen Lazarus, David S. Kaplan, Donald Fink, Charles N. Durfor, Ashok Batra, Stephen L. Hilbert, Deborah Lavoie Grayeski, Richard McFarland, Celia Witten.
- Process scale bioseparations for the biopharmaceutical industry 2007, CRCnetBASEHarvest of a therapeutic protein product from high cell density fermentation broths : principles and case study / Elisabeth Russell, Alice Wang, and Anurag S. Rathore -- Expanded bed adsorption for capture from crude solution / Alan Sonnenfeld and Jorg Thommes -- Product recovery by high-gradient magnetic fishing / Matthias Franzreb ... [et al.] -- Protein refolding and scale up / Cynthia Cowgill, Asuman G. Ozturk, and Richard St. John -- Bulk protein crystallization, principles and methods / Mark R. Etzel -- Modes of preparative chromatography / Abhinav A. Shukla and Yinges Yigzaw -- Screening of chromatographic stationary phases / Abhinav A. Shukla and Xuejun Sean Han -- A priori prediction of chromatographic separations from protein structure data / Asif Ladiwala, Curt M. Breneman, and Steven M. Cramer -- Membrane chromatography : analysis of breakthrough curves and viral clearance / Mark R. Etzel and William T. Riordan -- Ultrafiltration process design and implementation / Herb Lutz and Bala Raghunath --Virus filtration process design and implementation / Michael W. Phillips ... [et al.] -- Product recovery from transgenic sources / Chenming (Mike) Zhang and Kevin E. Van Cott -- Analytical strategy for biopharmaceutical development / Drew N. Kelner and Mahesh K. Bhalgat -- Evaluation of viral clearance in purification processes / Amitava Kundu and Karl Reindel -- Advances in viral clearance / Kurt Brorson -- Protein A affinity chromatography for capture and purification of monoclonal antibodies and Fc-fusion proteins: practical considerations for process development / Sanchayita Ghose, Thomas McNerney, and Brian Hubbard -- Polishing methods for monoclonal IgG purification / Pete Gagnon -- Making changes to a biopharmaceutical manufacturing process during development and commercial manufacturing : the REMICADE story / Peter W. Wojciechowski ... [et al.] -- Linear scale-up of ultrafiltration of high viscosity process streams / Christopher Daniels ... [et al.] -- A membrane chromatography application : a rapid, high capacity gene therapy vector purification tool / Ajay R. Lajmi, Robert Kutner, and Jakob Reiser.
- Process validation in manufacturing of biopharmaceuticals 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Prodrugs 2007, Springer
- Producing biomolecular substances with fermenters, bioreactors, and biomolecular synthesizers 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Protein engineering 2009, SpringerUnderstanding enzyme mechanism through protein chimeragenesis / N.M. Goodey and S.J. Benkovic -- Chemical protein engineering : synthetic and semisynthetic peptides and proteins / L. Merkel, L. Moroder, and N. Budisa -- Native chemical ligation: Semisynthesis of post-translationally modified proteins and biological probes / E. Vogel Taylor and B. Imperiali -- Chemical methods for mimicking post-translational modifications / S.I. van Kasteren, P. Garnier and B.G. Davis -- Noncanonical amino acids in protein science and engineering / K.E. Beatty and D.A. Tirrell -- Fidelity mechanisms of the aminoacyl-tRNA synthetases / A.P. Mascarenhas ... [et al.] -- Specialized components of the translational machinery for unnatural amino acid mutagenesis : tRNAs, aminoacyl-tRNA synthetases, and ribosomes / C. Köhrer and U.L. RajBhandary -- In vivo studies of receptors and ion channels with unnatural amino acids / D.A. Dougherty -- Synthesis of modified proteins using misacylated tRNAs / S.M. Hecht -- Cell-free synthesis of proteins with unnatural amino acids. The pure system and expansion of the genetic code / I. Hirao, T. Kanamori and T. Ueda -- Engineering nucleobases and polymerases for an expanded genetic alphabet / A.M. Leconte and F.E. Romesberg -- Understanding membrane proteins. How to design inhibitors of transmembrane protein-protein interactions / J.S. Slusky, H. Yin and W.F. DeGrado.
- Psychrophiles 2008, Springer
- Quantitative aspects of bone densitometry 2009, HighWire
- Real world drug discovery. 1st ed. 2008, ScienceDirectThe drug discovery business to date -- The drug discovery business to come -- Industrial considerations -- how things get done : the project team -- Project considerations -- Hit generation -- Turning hits into drugs -- Initial properties -- ADME and PK properties -- Toxicity related properties -- A career in drug discovery research.
- Scale-up and optimization in preparative chromatography 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Selection and breeding programs in aquaculture 2005, Springer
- Sensors in medicine and health care 2004, Wileych. 1 Introduction / Prof. P.Å. Öberg, F.A. Spelman and T. Togawa, p. 1-13 -- ch. 2 Optical Sensors in Medical Care / P. Åke Öberg, p. 15-43 -- ch. 3 Biosensors for Monitoring Glucose / J.D. Newman and A.P.F. Turner, p. 45-78 -- ch. 4 Biomagnetic Imaging: Principles of Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Emerging Techniques in Progress / S. Ueno and N. Iriguchi, p. 79-105 -- ch. 5 Non-Invasive Cardiovascular Hemodynamic Measurements / K. Yamakoshi, p. 107-160 -- ch. 6 Sensors for Respiratory Monitoring / A. Johansson and B. Hök, p. 161-186 -- ch. 7 Sensors for Fetal and Neonatal Monitoring / P. Rolfe, p. 187-242 -- ch. 8 Body Motion Analysis / T. Tamura, p. 243-281 -- ch. 9 Cardiac Pacemakers / B. Hensel, G. Czygan, I. Weiss and T. Nappholz, p. 283-308 -- ch. 10 Cochlear Implants / F.A. Spelman, p. 309-338 -- ch. 11 Sensors for Catheter Applications / P.J. French, D. Tanase and J.F.L. Goosen, p. 339-380 -- ch. 12 Home Health Care and Telecare / T. Togawa, p. 381-405.
- Smart polymers for bioseparation and bioprocessing 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Smart polymers. 2nd ed. 2008, CRCnetBASE
- Stem cell research and therapeutics 2008, Springer
- Stem cells and revascularization therapies 2012, CRCnetBASE
- Stem cells in regenerative medicine 2009, Springer ProtocolsDerivation and manipulation of murine embryonic stem cells / Alexander Meissner, Sarah Eminli, and Rudolf Jaenisch -- Patterning mouse and human embryonic stem cells using micro-contact printing / Raheem Peerani ... [et al.] -- Efficient gene knockdowns in human embryonic stem cells using lentiviral-based RNAi / Asmin Tulpule and George Q. Daley -- Measurement of cell-penetrating peptide-mediated transduction of adult hematopoietic stem cells / Aziza P. Manceur and Julie Audet -- Stem cell sources for regenerative medicine / Ali M. Riazi, Sarah Y. Kwon, and William L. Stanford -- Investigating the interactions between haemopoietic stem cells and their niche : methods for the analysis of stem cell homing and distribution within the marrow following transplantation / Brenda Williams and Susan K. Nilsson -- Ex vivo megakaryocyte expansion and platelet production from human cord blood stem cells / Valérie Cortin, Nicolas Pineault, and Alain Garnier -- Ex vivo generation of human red blood cells : a new advance in stem cell engineering / Luc Douay and Marie-Catherine Giarratana -- Isolation and manipulation of mammalian neural stem cells in vitro / Claudio Giachino, Onur Basak, and Verdon Taylor -- Isolation, expansion, and differentiation of mouse skin-derived precursors / Karl J.L. Fernandes and Freda D. Miller -- Xenotransplantation of embryonic stem cell-derived motor neurons into the developing chick spinal cord / Hynek Wichterle, Mirza Peljto, and Stephane Nedelec -- Transplantation of neural stem/progenitor cells into developing and adult CNS / Tong Zheng ... [et al.] -- Transplantation of embrynic stem cell-derived dopaminergic neurons in MPTP-treated monkeys / Jun Takahashi, Yasushi Takagi, and Hidemoto Saiki -- Isolation and culture of epithelial stem cells / Jonathan A. Nowak and Elaine Fuchs -- Regeneration of skin and cornea by tissue engineering / Danielle Larouche ... [et al.] -- Prospective isolation of mesenchymal stem cells from mouse compact bone / Brenton J. Short, Nathalie Brouard, and Paul J. Simmons -- Isolation, propagation, and characterization of human umbilical cord perivascular cells (HUCPVCs) / Rahul Sarugaser ... [et al.] -- Bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells : isolation, expansion, characterization, viral transduction, and production of conditioned medium / Massimilano Gnecchi and Luis G. Melo -- Template DNA-strand co-segregation and asymmetric cell division in skeletal muscle stem cells / Vasily Shinin, Barbara Gayraud-Morel, and Shahragim Tajbakhsh -- Isolation and grafting of single muscle fibres / Charlotte A. Collins and Peter S. Zammit -- Differentiation and dynamic analysis of primitive vessels from embryonic stem cells / Gefei Zeng and Victoria L. Bautch -- Derivation of contractile smooth muscle cells from embryonic stem cells / Sanjay Sinha, Mark H. Hoofnagle, and Gary K. Owens -- Islet-derived progenitors as a source of in vitro islet regeneration / Stephen Hanley and Lawrence Rosenberg -- Isolation and characterization of hepatic stem cells, or "oval cells," from rat livers / Thomas D. Shupe ... [et al.] -- Reprogramming of liver to pancreas / Shifaan Thowfeequ ... [et al.]
- Sterile product facility design and project management. 2nd ed. 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Supramolecular design for biological applications 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Synthetic biology 2009, SpringerIntroduction / Markus Schmidt -- That Was the Synthetic Biology That Was / Luis Campos -- An Introduction to Synthetic Biology / Carolyn M.C. Lam, Miguel Godinho and Vítor A.P. Martins dos Santos -- Computational Design in Synthetic Biology / Maria Suarez, Guillermo Rodrigo, Javier Carrera and Alfonso Jaramillo -- The Ethics of Synthetic Biology: Outlining the Agenda / Anna Deplazes, Agomoni Ganguli-Mitra and Nikola Biller-Andorno -- Do I Understand What I Can Create? Biosafety Issues in Synthetic Biology / Markus Schmidt -- Security Issues Related to Synthetic Biology Between Threat Perceptions and Governance Options / Alexander Kelle -- The Intellectual Commons and Property in Synthetic Biology / Kenneth A. Oye and Rachel Wellhausen -- Governing Synthetic Biology: Processes and Outcomes / Joyce Tait -- Synthetic Biology and the Role of Civil Society Organizations Shaping the Agenda and Arena of the Public Debate / Dirk Stemerding, Huib de Vriend, Bart Walhout and Rinie van Est -- Summary and Conclusions / Alexander Kelle.
- Systems biology and biotechnology of Escherichia coli 2009, Springer
- Systems biomedicine 2010, ScienceDirect
- Therapeutic applications of cell microencapsulation 2010, SpringerHighlights and trends in cell encapsulation / Gorka Orive and José Luis Pedraz -- Biomaterials in cell microencapsulation / Edorta Santos ... [et al.] -- Development of subsieve size capsules and application to cell therapy / Shinji Sakai and Koei Kawakami -- Regulatory considerations in application of encapsulated cell therapies / J. van Zanten and Paul de Vos -- Treatment of diabetes with encapsulated islets / Paul de Vos, Milica Spasojevic, and Marijke M. Faas -- Epo delivery by genetically engineered C2C12 myoblasts immobilized in microcapsules / Ainhoa Murua ... [et al.] -- Artificial cell microencapsulated stem cells in regenerative medicine, tissue engineering, and cell therapy / Zun Chang Liu and Thomas Ming Swi Chang -- Microencapsulated choroid plexus epithelial cell transplants for repair of the brain / Christopher G. Thanos, Briannan Bintz, and Dwaine F. Emerich -- Therapeutic application of cell microencapsulation in cancer / Brian Salmons and Walter H. Gunzburg -- Inorganic nanoporous membranes for immunoisolated cell-based drug delivery / Adam Mendelsohn and Tejal Desai -- Cell microencapsulation / Grace J. Lim ... [et al.] -- Commercial applicability of cell microancapsulation : a review of intellectual property rights / Stephan M. Meier.
- Tissue engineering 2006, ScienceDirect
- Tissue microarrays 2010, Springer ProtocolsApplications of tissue microarray technology -- Quality aspects of TMA analysis -- Representativity of TMA studies -- Recipient block TMA technique -- Protocol for constructing tissue arrays by cutting edge matrix assembly -- Hypodermic needle without recipient paraffin block technique -- Resin technologies : construction and staining of resin TMA's -- Tissue microarrays from frozen tissues-OCT technique -- An alternative technology to prepare tissue microarray using frozen tissue samples -- Building "tissue" microarrays from suspension cells -- Tissue microarrays from biopsy specimens -- Immunohistochemical analysis of tissue microarrays -- DNA copy number analysis on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissues in TMA format by RNA in situ hybridization -- Automated analysis of tissue microarrays -- Digital microscopy for boosting database integration and analysis in TMA studies -- From gene to clinic : TMA-based clinical validation of molecular markers in prostate cancer
- Transgenesis techniques. 2nd ed. 2002, Springer Protocols
- Trends in high pressure bioscience and biotechnology 2002, ScienceDirect
- 3D cell-based biosensors in drug disc...
- — Handbook of carbohydrate engineering ...
- Handbook of Corynebacterium glutamicu...
- — Trends in high pressure bioscience an...
- Trends in stem cell biology and techn...
- — Women in biotechnology .................
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Editor: Jianfang, Zhang
Translated & Donated by Muoi Arnold and Keith Arnold former Stanford faculty