Books by Subject
- Biodynamics 2004, WileyPart I. Introduction to Science, p. 1-2 -- Chapter 1. Ways of Knowing, p. 3-26 -- Chapter 2. Ways of Thinking, p. 27-50 -- Chapter 3. Mechanics- A First Look, p. 51-67 -- Part II. Dynamics, The Fundamentals of Motion, p. 69-70 -- Chapter 4. Measures of Motion, p. 71-95 -- Chapter 5. Energy- The Source of It All, p. 97-127 -- Chapter 6. Linear Physics, p. 129-148 -- Chapter 7. Biomechanics 1- Rectilinear Motion, p. 149-165 -- Chapter 8. Biomechanics 2- Rotational Motion, p. 167-187 -- Part III. Fields- How Complex Systems Move, p. 189-191 -- Chapter 9. Bioelectricity- Signals in the Body, p. 193-227 -- Chapter 10. Molecules and Metabolism- Unseen Causes, p. 229-257 -- Chapter 11. Bioenergetics- The Dynamics of Heat, p. 259-282 -- Chapter 12. Fluids at Rest, p. 283-302 -- Chapter 13. Fluids in Motion, p. 303-331 -- Part IV. Data Analysis- What We Can Learn from Measurements, p. 333-335 -- Chapter 14. Biostatistics 1- When Things Converge, p. 337-362 -- Chapter 15. Biostatistics 2- When Things Diverge, p. 363-382 -- Chapter 16. Biodynamic Time Series 1- Stride Rate Variability, p. 383-396 -- Chapter 17. Biodynamic Time Series 2- Heart Rate Variability, p. 397-408 -- Chapter 18. Biodynamic Time Series 3- Breathing Rate Variability, p. 409-421 -- Epilogue, p. 423-424 -- Part V. Microbiographies- The Scientists Who Made History, p. 425-432.
- Bioeffects and therapeutic applications of electromagnetic energy 2008, CRCnetBASE
- Bioelectricity. 3rd ed. 2007, Springer
- Biomedical applications of biophysics. Volume 3 2010, SpringerProtein Structure Prediction / Patrice Koehl -- Molecular Modeling of Biomembranes: A How-to Approach / Allison N. Dickey and Roland Faller -- Introduction to Electron Paramagnetic Resonance Spectroscopy / Marcin Brynda -- Theory and Applications of Biomolecular NMR Spectroscopy / James B. Ames -- FRET and Its Biological Application as a Molecular Ruler / Jie Zheng -- Introduction to Modern Techniques in Mass Spectrometry / Caroline S. Chu and Carlito B. Lebrilla -- Transmission Electron Microscopy and Computer-Aided Image Processing for 3D Structural Analysis of Macromolecules / Dominik J. Green and R. Holland Cheng -- Raman Spectroscopy of Living Cells / Tyler Weeks and Thomas Huser.
- Chlorophylls and bacteriochlorophylls 2006, Springer
- DNA helicases and DNA motor proteins 2013, Springer
- Ecology and biomechanics 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Electrophysiological recording techniques 2008, Springer ProtocolsField Potential Generation and Current Source Density Analysis / L. Stan Leung -- Current Source Density Analysis of Ongoing Neural Activity: Theory and Application / Yonghong Chen, Mukesh Dhamala, Anil Bollimunta, Charles E. Schroeder, Mingzhou Ding -- The Juxtacellular Recording-Labeling Technique / Didier Pinault -- Neural Recording Using Digital Telemetry / André A. Fenton, Kathryn J. Jeffery, James G. Donnett -- Large-Scale Neural Ensembles in Mice: Methods for Recording and Data Analysis / Hui Kuang, Joe Z. Tsien -- Behavioral Correlates of Neuronal Activity Recorded as Single-Units: Promises and Pitfalls as Illustrated by the Rodent Head Direction Cell Signal / Robert W. Stackman -- Event-Related Potentials of the Cerebral Cortex / Steven L. Bressler -- Multisite Spike-Field Coherence, Theta Rhythmicity, and Information Flow Within Papez's Circuit / Zimbul Albo, Gonzalo Viana Prisco, Robert P. Vertes -- Cognitively Relevant Recoding in Hippocampus: Beneficial Feedback of Ensemble Codes in a Closed Loop Paradigm / Robert E. Hampson, John D. Simeral, Theodore W. Berger, Dong Song, Rosa H. Chan, Vasilis Z. Marmarelis, Sam A. Deadwyler -- An Intact Septo-Hippocampal Preparation for Investigating the Mechanisms of Hippocampal Oscillation / Romain Goutagny, Jesse Jackson, Sylvain Williams -- Targeted Modulation of Neural Circuits: A New Treatment Strategy for Neuropsychiatric Disease / Helen S. Mayberg, Paul E. Holtzheimer.
- Fluorescence spectroscopy in biology 2005, SpringerPt. 1. Fluorescence spectroscopy: basics and advanced approaches. Basics of fluorescence spectroscopy in biosciences / M. Hof, V. Fidler and R. Hutterer -- Pulse and phase fluorometries: an objective comparison / B. Valeur -- Non-exponential fluorescence of electronically coupled donors contains distance information / S. Kalinin, M. Isaksson and L.B.-Å. Johansson -- Fluorescence nanotomography: recent progress, constraints and opportunities / O.J. Rolinski and D.J.S. Birch -- Solvent relaxation as a tool for probing micro-polarity and -fluidity / J. Sýkora, R. Hutterer and M. Hof -- Total internal reflection fluorescence microscopy: applications in biophysics / N.L. Thompson and J.K. Pero -- Single molecule spectroscopy: basics and applications / J. Enderlein --Pt. 2. Application of fluorescence spectroscopy to biological membranes. Raft microdomains in model membranes as revealed by fluorescence quenching / G. Duportail -- The lateral structure of lipid membranes as seen by fluorescence microscopy / L.A. Bagatolli -- Pt. 3. Application of fluorescence spectroscopy to protein studies. Protein dynamics and protein folding dynamics revealed by time-resolved fluorescence / A. Saxena, J.B. Upgaonkar and G. Krishnamoorthy -- Time-resolved fluorescence and two-photon FCS investigation of the interaction of HIV-1 nucleocapsid protein with hairpin loop oligonucleotides / J. Azoulay ... [et al.] -- Pt. 4. Application of fluorescence spectroscopy to DNA and drug delivery. Fluorescence techniques in non-viral gene therapy / N. Adjimatera, A.P. Neal and I.S. Blagbrough -- Fluorescence applications in targeted drug delivery / K. Bryl and M. Langner -- Pt. 5. Fluorescence spectroscopy in cells: FCS and quantum dots. Fluorescence correlations spectroscopy in cell biology / B. Brock -- Fluorescence quantum dots: properties and applications / M.R. Warnement and S.J. Rosenthal -- Heat stress of cancer cells: fluorescence imaging of structural changes with quantum dots 605 and alexa 488.
- Fourier transforms in spectroscopy 2001, Wileych. 1. Basic definitions -- ch. 2. General properties of Fourier transforms -- ch. 3. Discrete Fourier transform -- ch. 4. Fast Fourier transform (FFT) -- ch. 5. Other integral transforms -- ch. 6. Fourier transform spectroscopy (FTS) -- ch. 7. Nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) spectrometry -- ch. 8. Ion cyclotron resonance (ICR) mass spectrometry -- ch. 9. Diffraction and Fourier transform -- ch. 10. Uncertainty principle -- ch. 11. Processing of signal and spectrum -- ch. 12. Fourier self-deconvolution (FSD) -- ch. 13. Linear prediction.
- Fractals in biology and medicine. Volume IV 2005, Springer
- FRET and FLIM techniques 2009., ScienceDirect
- Handbook of biological effects of electromagnetic fields. Bioengineering and biophysical aspects of electromagnetic fields. 3rd ed. 2007, CRCnetBASEIntroduction -- 1. Environmental and Occupationally Encountered Electromagnetic Fields / Kjell Hansson Mild and Ben Greenebaum -- 2. Endogenous Electric Fields in Animals / Richard Nuccitelli -- 3. Dielectric Properties of Biological Materials / Camelia Gabriel -- 4. Magnetic Properties of Biological Material / Jon Dobson -- 5. Interaction of Direct Current and Extremely Low-Frequency / Electric Fields with Biological Materials and Systems / Frank S. Barnes -- 6. Magnetic Field Effects on Free Radical Reactions in Biology / Stefan Engström -- 7. Signals, Noise, and Thresholds / James C. Weaver and Martin Bier -- 8. Biological Effects of Static Magnetic Fields / Shoogo Ueno and Tsukasa Shigemitsu -- 9. The Ion Cyclotron Resonance Hypothesis / A.R. Liboff -- 10. Computational Methods for Predicting Field Intensity and Temperature Change / James C. Lin and Paolo Bernardi -- 11. Experimental EMF Exposure Assessment / Sven Kühn and Niels Kuster -- 12. Electromagnetic Imaging of Biological Systems / William T. Joines, Qing H. Liu, and Gary Ybarra.
- Handbook of spectroscopy 2003, Wileyv. 1. -- Part I. Sample preparation and sample pretreatment -- ch. 1. Collection and preparation of gaseous samples / Douglas A. Lane -- ch. 2. Sample collection and preparation of liquid and solids / Brian M. Cullum, Tuan Vo-Dinh -- Part II. Methods 1: Optical spectroscopy -- ch. 3. Basics of optical spectroscopy / Martin Hof -- ch. 4. Instrumentation / Valdas Sablinskas -- ch. 5. Measurement techniques / Gerald Steiner -- ch. 6. Applications / Valdas Sablinskas, Gerald Steiner, Martin Hof -- Part III. Methods 2: Nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy -- ch. 7. An Introduction to solution, solid-state, and imaging NMR spectroscopy / Leslie G. Butler -- ch. 8. Solution NMR spectroscopy / Gary E. Martin, Chad E. Hadden, David J. Russell -- ch. 9. Solid-state NMR / Steven P. Brown, Lyndon Emsley -- Part IV. Methods 3: Mass spectrometry -- ch. 10. Mass spectrometry / Michael Przybylski, Wolfgang Weinmann, Thilo A. Fligge -- Part V. Methods 4: Elemental analysis -- ch. 11. X-ray fluorescence analysis / K. Janssens -- ch. 12. Atomic absorption spectrometry (AAS) and atomic emission spectrometry (AES) / Erwin Rosenberg, Ulrich Panne -- Part VI. Methods 5: Surface analysis techniques -- ch. 13. Surface analysis techniques / A. Macková, S.A. Morton, C.G.H. Walker, K. Volka -- v. 2. -- Part VII. Applications 1: Bioanalysis -- ch. 14. Bioanalysis / Willem M. Albers, Arto Annila, Nicholas J. Goddard, Gabor Patonay, Erkki Soini -- Part VIII. Applications 2: Environmental analysis -- ch. 15. LC-MS in environmental analysis / H.Fr. Schröder -- ch. 16. Gas chromatography/ion trap mass spectrometry (GC/ITMS) for environmental analysis / Michel Sablier, Toshihiro Fujii -- Part IX. Application 3: Process control -- ch. 17. Optical spectroscopy / John Green -- ch. 18. NMR / Loring A. Weisenberger -- ch. 19. Process mass spectrometry / Christian Hassell -- ch. 20. Elemental analysis / J.S. Crighton -- Part X. Hyphenated techniques -- ch. 21. Hyphenated techniques for chromatographic detection / John C. Fetzer -- Part XI. General data treatment: data bases/spectral libraries -- ch. 22. Optical spectroscopy / Steffen Thiele, Reiner Salzer -- ch. 23. Nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy / Wolfgang Robien -- ch. 24. Mass spectrometry / Antony N. Davies.
- Inorganic scintillators for detector systems 2006, Springer
- Introduction to molecular biophysics 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Magnetobiology 2002, ScienceDirect
- Measuring slipperiness 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Mechanosensitivity in cells and tissues 2005, NCBI BookshelfMechanosensitivity of cells from various tissues -- Mechanotransduction in the Nematode Caenorhabditis elegans -- Mechanically mediated crosstalk in heart -- Swelling-and stretch-activated chloride channels in the heart: regulation and function -- Role of stretch-activated channels in the heart: action potential and Ca2+ transients -- Isolated cardiomyocytes: mechanosensitivity of action potential, membrane current and ion concentration -- Mechano-electric feedback in the heart: evidence from intracellular microelectrode recordings on multicellular preparations and single cells from healthy and diseased tissue -- The Role of mechanosensitive fibroblasts in the heart -- Mechanical modulation of intracellular ion concentrations: mechanisms and electrical consequences -- Stretch-induced slow force response in mammalian ventricular myocardium -- The Na+/H+ exchanger as the main protagonist following myocardial stretch: the Anrep effect and myocardial hypertrophy -- Mechano-electric feedback and atrial arrhythmias -- The Role of mechano-electrical feedback in the cholinergic atrial fibrillation initiation --; Mechanosensitive cation channels of leech neurons -- Mechanosensitivity of primary afferent nociceptors in the pain pathway -- Stimulus-secretion coupling in the osmoreceptive prolactin cell of the tilapia -- Stretch-inactivated channels in skeletal muscle -- Stretch-activated cation channels and the myogenic response of small arteries -- Mechanobiology of bone tissue and bone cells -- Functional roles of mechanosensitive ion channels, ss1 integrins and kinase cascades in chondrocyte mechanotransduction -- Enigmatic roles of the epithelial sodium channel (ENaC) in articular chondrocytes and osteoblasts: mechanotransduction, sodium transport or extracellular sodium sensing?
- Mechanosensitivity of the heart 2010, Springer
- Methods in modern biophysics. 2nd ed. 2006, SpringerThe three-dimensional structure of proteins. -- Liquid chromatography of biomolecules. -- Mass spectrometry. -- X-ray structural analysis. -- Protein infrared spectroscopy. -- Electron microscopy. -- Scanning probe microscopy. -- Biophysical nanotechnology. -- Proteomics: high throughput protein functional analysis. -- Ion mobility spectrometry. -- Ø-value analysis. -- Evolutionary computer programming. -- Conclusions.
- Muscle biophysics 2010, Springer
- Optimization algorithms in physics 2002, Wileych. 1. Introduction to Optimization, p. 1-7 -- ch. 2. Complexity Theory, p. 9-35 -- ch. 3. Graphs, p. 37-52 -- ch. 4. Simple Graph Algorithms, p. 53-72 -- ch. 5. Introduction to Statistical Physics, p. 73-90 -- ch. 6. Maximum-Flow Methods, p. 91-127 -- ch. 7. Minimum-Cost Flows, p. 129-157 -- ch. 8. Genetic Algorithms, p. 159-184 -- ch. 9. Approximation Methods for Spin Glasses, p. 185-226 -- ch. 10. Matchings, p. 227-254 -- ch. 11. Monte Carlo Methods, p. 255-272 -- ch. 12. Branch-and-Bound Methods, p. 273-292 -- ch. 13. Practical Issues, p. 293-357.
- Physics of modern brachytherapy for oncology 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Physics of the human body 2007, SpringerTerminology, the standard human, and scaling -- Statics of the body -- Motion -- Mechanical properties of the body -- Muscles -- Metabolism: energy, heat, work, and power -- Fluid pressure, fluid flow in the body, and motion in fluids -- Cardiovascular system -- Lungs and breathing -- Sound, speech, and hearing -- Light, eyes, and vision -- Electrical and magnetic properties -- Feedback and control -- Appendix A. Symbols and units -- Appendix B. Locator of major anatomical and anthropometric information -- Appendix C. Differential equations -- Appendix D. Similar model systems -- Appendix E. Biophysics of the human body.
- Pixel detectors 2006, Springer
- Research and development in breast ultrasound 2005, Springer
- Single molecule tools. Part A, Fluorescence based approaches. 1st ed. 2010, ScienceDirectStar polymer surface passivation for single-molecule detection / Jürgen Groll and Martin Moeller -- Azide-specific labeling of biomolecules by Staudinger-Bertozzi ligation: phosphine derivatives of fluorescent probes suitable for single-molecule fluorescence spectroscopy / Anirban Chakraborty ... [et al.] -- Preparation of fluorescent pre-mRNA substrates for an smFRET study of pre-mRNA splicing in yeast / John Abelson, Haralambos Hadjivassiliou and Christine Guthrie -- Nanovesicle trapping for studying weak protein interactions by single-molecule FRET / Jaime J. Benítez, Aaron M. Keller and Peng Chen -- Droplet confinement and fluorescence measurement of single molecules / Lori S. Goldner, Ana M. Jofre and Jianyong Tang -- Single-molecule fluorescence spectroscopy using phospholipid bilayer nanodiscs / Abhinav Nath ... [et al.] -- Single-molecule spectroscopy using microfluidic platforms / Samuel Kim and Richard N. Zare -- Detection of protein-protein interactions in the live cell plasma membrane by quantifying prey redistribution upon bait micropatterning / Julian Weghuber ... [et al.] -- Analysis of complex single-molecule FRET time trajectories / Mario Blanco and Nils G. Walter -- Single-molecule fluorescence studies of intrinsically disordered proteins / Allan Chris M. Ferreon ... [et al.] -- Measuring the energetic coupling of tertiary contacts in RNA folding using single molecule fluorescence resonance energy transfer / Max Greenfield and Daniel Herschlag -- A highly purified, fluorescently labeled in vitro translation system for single-molecule studies of protein synthesis / Jingyi Fei ... [et al.] -- Watching individual proteins acting on single molecules of DNA / Ichiro Amitani ... [et al.] -- DNA curtains for high-throughput single-molecule optical imaging / Eric C. Greene ... [et al.] -- Scanning FCS for the characterization of protein dynamics in live cells / Zdenĕk Petrás̆ek, Jonas Ries and Petra Schwille -- Observing protein interactions and their stoichiometry in living cells by brightness analysis of fluorescence fluctuation experiments / Yan Chen ... [et al.] -- Detection of individual endogenous RNA transcripts in situ using multiple singly labeled probes / Arjin Raj and Sanjay Tyagi -- Single mRNA tracking in live cells / Hye Yoon Park, Adina R. Buxbaum and Robert H. Singer -- Single-molecule sequencing: sequence methods to enable accurate quantitation / Christopher Hart ... [et al.] -- Real-time DNA sequencing from single polymerase molecules / Jonas Korlach ... [et al.].
- Single molecule tools. Part B, Super-resolution, particle tracking, multiparameter, and force based methods. 1st ed. 2010, ScienceDirect
- Translation initiation 2007, ScienceDirectTransient kinetics, flourescence, and FRET in studies of initiation and translation in bacteria / Pohl Milon ... [et al.] -- Binding of mRNA to the bacterial translation initiation complex / Sean M. Studer and Simpson Joseph -- Real-time dynamics of ribosome-ligand interaction by time-resolved chemical probing methods / Attilio Fabbretti ... [et al] -- Overexpression and purification of mammalian mitochondrial translational initiation factor 2 and initiation factor 3 / Domenick G. Grasso ... [et al.] -- In vitro studies of archaeal translational initiation / Dario Benelli and Paola Londei -- Reconstitution of yeast translation initiation / Michael G. Acker ... [et al.] -- Assembly and analysis of eukaryotic translation initiation complexes / Andrey V. Pisarev -- Reconstitution of mammalian 48S ribosomal translation initiation complex / Romit Majumdar, Jayanta Chaudhuri, and Umadas Maitra -- Biophysical approach to studies of Cap-elF4E interaction by synthetic cap analogs / Anna Niedzwiecka ... [et al.] -- Biophysical studies of the translation initiation pathway with immobilized mRNA analogs / John E. G. McCarthy, Steven Marsden, and Tobias von der Haar -- Protection-based assays to measure aminoacyl-tRNA binding to translation initiation factors / Yves Mechulam ... [et al.] -- NMR methods for studying protein-protein interactions involved in translation initiation / Assen Marintchev, Dominique Frueh, and Gerhard Wagner -- Structural methods for studying IRES function / Jeffrey S. Kieft ... [et al.].
- Ultrashort laser pulses in biology and medicine 2008, SpringerUltrahigh-resolution optical coherence tomography using femtosecond lasers /J. G. Fujimoto ... [et al.] --Two-photon laser scanning microscopy /A. Nimmerjahn, P. Theer, F. Helmchen --Femtosecond lasers in ophthalmology: surgery and imaging /J. F. Bille --Ultrafast peptide and protein dynamics by vibrational spectroscopy /P. Hamm --Photosynthetic light-harvesting /T. Pullerits, T. Polivka, V. Sundström --Primary photosynthetic energy conversion in bacterial reaction centers /W. Zinth, J. Wachtveitl --Ultrafast primary reactions in the photosystems of oxygen-evolving organisms /A. R. Holzwarth --Primary photochemistry in the photoactive yellow protein: the prototype xanthopsin /D. S. Larsen, R. van Grondelle, K. J. Hellingwerf --Structure based kinetics by time-resolved X-ray crystallography /M. Schmidt --Primary reactions in retinal proteins /R. Diller --Ultrashort laser pulses in single molecule spectroscopy /E. Houstein, P. Schwille.
- Vibrational spectroscopy of biological and polymeric materials 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Who's who in fluorescence 2008 2008, Springer
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
1st ed. [print] 2013
Author: Ofri, Danielle