Books by Subject
- "Extra-ordinary" ergonomics ............
- — Handbook of neuroprosthetic methods ....
- Handbook of photonics for biomedical ...
- — WTEC panel on tissue engineering rese...
- "Extra-ordinary" ergonomics 2006, CRCnetBASE
- 3D cell-based biosensors in drug discovery programs 2010, CRCnetBASE"This book is based upon cutting-edge research conducted in the authors lab (Cellular Bioengineering), which over the past decade has developed a number of sophisticated techniques to facilitate use of 3D cell based assays or biosensors. This book uses data from peer-reviewed publications to conclusively justify use of 3D cell cultures in cell-based biosensors (assays) for (HTS). The majority of assays performed in accelerated drug discovery processes are biochemical in nature, but there is a growing demand for live cell-based assays. Unlike biochemical ones, cellular assays are functional approximations of in vivo biological conditions and can provide more biologically relevant information"--Provided by publisher.
- 4th International Workshop on Wearable and Implantable Body Sensor Networks (BSN 2007) 2007, Springer
- Absorbable and biodegradable polymers 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Adaptive optics for industry and medicine 2005, Springer
- Advanced electroporation techniques in biology and medicine 2010, CRCnetBASE"A reflection of the intense study of the effects of electromagnetic fields on living tissues that has taken place during the last several decades, this book discusses the theoretical and experimental evidence and considerations the effects of strong electromagnetic fields and/or electric pulses and their importance in medicine and biology. The authors present the basic techniques applied in electroporation and the advanced methods for creation of nanopores, highlighting their basic science and clinical applications. Topics include nano electroporation, classic electroporation, experimental evidence for electroporation of living cells, and electroporation for cancer and wound healing"--Provided by publisher.
- Advances in medical engineering 2007, Springer
- Advances in regenerative medicine 2010, SpringerCell Adhesions and Signaling: A Tool for Biocompatibility Assessment / Roumen Pankov and Albena Momchilova -- Development of Provisional Extracellular Matrix on Biomaterials Interface: Lessons from In Vitro Cell Culture / George Altankov, Thomas Groth, Elisabeth Engel, Jonas Gustavsson and Marta Pegueroles, et al. -- Endothelial Progenitor Cells for Tissue Engineering and Tissue Regeneration Endothelial Progenitor Cells / Joyce Bischoff -- Dermal Precursors and the Origins of the Wound Fibroblast / Jeffrey M. Davidson -- Cell Based Therapies: What Do We Learn from Periosteal Osteochondrogenesis? / Peter J. Emans, Tim J. M. Welting and Venkatram Prasad Shastri -- Bioreactor Systems in Regenerative Medicine / Ivan Martin, Stefania A. Riboldi and David Wendt -- Biomimetic Approaches to Design of Tissue Engineering Bioreactors / Bojana Obradovic, Milica Radisic and Gordana Vunjak-Novakovic -- The Nature of the Thermal Transition Influences the Shape-Memory Behavior of Polymer Networks / Andreas Lendlein, Marc Behl and Stefan Kamlage -- Nanoengineered Systems for Regenerative Medicine Surface Engineered Polymeric Biomaterials with Improved Bio-Contact Properties / Todorka Vladkova and Natalia Krasteva -- Nanocomposites for Regenerative Medicine / Ryan Hoshi, Antonio R. Webb, Hongjin Qiu and Guillermo A. Ameer -- Role of Spatial Distribution of Matricellular Cues in Controlling Cell Functions / Daniela Guarnieri and Paolo A. Netti -- Materials Surface Effects on Biological Interactions / Josep A. Planell, Melba Navarro, George Altankov, Conrado Aparicio and Elisabeth Engel, et al. -- Chemical and Physical Modifications of Biomaterial Surfaces to Control Adhesion of Cells / Thomas Groth, Zhen-Mei Liu, Marcus Niepel, Dieter Peschel and Kristin Kirchhof, et al. -- Results of Biocompatibility Testing of Novel, Multifunctional Polymeric Implant Materials In-Vitro and In-Vivo / Dorothee Rickert, Rosemarie Fuhrmann, Bernhard Hiebl, Andreas Lendlein and Ralf-Peter Franke -- UFOs, Worms, and Surfboards: What Shapes Teach Us About Cell-Material Interactions / Julie A. Champion and Samir Mitragotri -- Nano-engineered Thin Films for Cell and Tissue-Contacting Applications / Richard F. Haglund -- Injectable Hydrogels: From Basics to Nanotechnological Features and Potential Advances / Biancamaria Baroli -- Polyelectrolyte Complexes as Smart Nanoengineered Systems for Biotechnology and Gene Delivery / Vladimir A. Izumrudov.
- Alternative breast imaging 2005, Springer
- Analysis and application of analog electronic circuits to biomedical instrumentation 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Antibody engineering 2004, Springer Protocols
- Applied biomedical engineering mechanics 2009, CRCnetBASEAnalysis for internal fixation of a fractured bone by means of bone-fixator plate -- Human lumbar vertebral body : analysis of its functionally optimal design -- Human spinal intervertebral disc : optimal structural design characteristics -- Biomechanics of fitness index : optimal walking and jogging modes, and hip joint assessment -- Analysis of spinning ball trajectories of soccer kicks and basketball throws -- Mechanics of baseball pitching and batting -- Biodynamics analysis of women's gymnastics : Yurchenko layout vault.Biomechanics in medical diagnosis in the form of nondimensional physiological indices -- Left ventricular mechanics -- Left ventricular contractility indices -- Vascular biomechanics -- Lung ventilation modeling for lung disease diagnosis -- Lung gas-transfer performance analysis -- Indicators for extubation of mechanically ventilated COPD patients using lung ventilation modeling -- Glucose-insulin dynamics modeling -- Glucose tolerance tests modeling -- Modeling of OGTT blood glucose and insulin responses and diagnostic indices --
- Artificial DNA 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Artificial muscles 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Artificial organs 2009, Springer
- Artificial heart valves -- Artificial heart and cardiac assist devices -- Cardiac pacemakers -- Dialysis.
- Artificial sight 2007, Springer
- Auditory prostheses 2011, Springer
- Back and bed 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Bio-MEMS 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Biological and bioenvironmental heat and mass transfer 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Biomaterials 2007, CRCnetBASEMetallic biomaterials / Joon B. Park and Young Kon Kim -- Ceramic biomaterials / W.C. Billotte -- Polymeric biomaterials / Hai Bang Lee, Gilson Khang, and Jin Ho Lee -- Composite biomaterials / Roderic S. Lakes -- Biodegradable hydrogels : tailoring properties and function through chemistry and structure / Andrew T. Metters and Chien-Chi Lin -- Biodegradable polymeric biomaterials : an updated overview / Chih-Chang Chu -- Biologic biomaterials : tissue-derived biomaterials (collagen) / Shu-Tung Li -- Soft tissue replacements / K.B. Chandran, K.J.L. Burg, and S.W. Shalaby -- Hard tissue replacements / Sang-Hyun Park ... [et al.] -- Controlling and assessing cell-biomaterial interactions at the micro- and nanoscale : applications in tissue engineering / Jessica Kaufman, Joyce Y. Wong, and Catherine Klapperich.
- Biomaterials 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Biomaterials fabrication and processing handbook 2008, CRCnetBASEElectrohydrodynamic processing of micro- and nanometer biological materials / Yiquan Wu and Robert Lewis Clark -- Fabrication and function of biohybrid nanomaterials prepared via supramolecular approaches / Katsuhiko Ariga -- Polypyrrole nano- and microsensors and actuators for biomedical applications / Yevgeny Berdichevsky and Yu-Hwa Lo -- Processing of biosensing materials and biosensors / Yingchun Zhu, Yu Yang, and Yanyan Liu -- Synthetic and natural degradable polymeric biomaterials / Sanjukta Deb -- Electroactive polymers as smart materials with intrinsic actuation properties: new functionalities for biomaterials / Federico Carpi and Danilo De Rossi -- Blood contacting surfaces / Menno L.W. Knetsch -- Improving blood compatibility of biomaterials using a novel antithrombin-heparin covalent complex / Leslie Roy Berry and Anthony Kam Chuen Chan -- Surface modification of biomaterials using plasma immersion ion implantation and deposition / Xuanyong Liu, Ricky K.Y. Fu, Paul K. Chu -- Biomaterials for gastrointestinal medicine, repair and reconstruction / Richard M. Day -- Biomaterials for cartilage reconstruction and repair / Wojciech Swieszkowski ... [et al.].Inorganic and composite bioactive scaffolds for bone tissue engineering / Q.Z. Chen, Oana Bretcanu, Aldo R. Boccaccini -- Design, fabrication and characterization of scaffolds via solid free-form fabrication techniques / Dietmar W. Hutmacher and Maria Ann Woodruff -- Control and monitoring of scaffold architecture for tissue engineering / Ying Yang ... [et al.] -- Rapid prototyping methods for tissue engineering applications / Giovanni Vozzi and Arti Ahluwalia -- Design and fabrication principles of electrospinning of scaffolds / Dietmar W. Hutmacher and Andrew K. Ekaputra -- Nanoparticles in cancer drug delivery systems / So Yeon Kim and Young Moo Lee -- Polymeric nano/microparticles for oral delivery of proteins and peptides / S. Sajeesh and Chandra P. Sharma -- Nanostructured porous biomaterials for controlled drug release systems / Yang Yang Li, Jifan Li, and Bunichiro Nakajima -- Inorganic nanostructures for drug delivery / Ying-Jie Zhu -- Self-assembly of nanostructures as biomaterials / Hua Ai, Yujiang Fan, and Zhongwei Gu --
- Biomaterials in hand surgery 2009, Springer
- Biomaterials, artificial organs and tissue engineering 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Biomaterials. 3rd ed. 2007, Springer
- Biomechanics for life 2011, Springer
- Biomechatronics in medicine and health care 2011, CRCnetBASE
- Biomedical engineering fundamentals 2006, CRCnetBASESect. I. Physiologic systems. An outline of cardiovascular structure and function -- Endocrine system -- Nervous system -- Vision system -- Auditory system -- Gastrointestinal system -- Respiratory system -- sect. II. Physiological modeling, simulation, and control. Modeling strategies and cardiovascular dynamics -- Compartmental models of physiologic systems -- Cardiovascular models and control -- Respiratory models and control -- Neural networks for physiological control -- Methods and tools for identification of physiologic systems -- Autoregulating windkessel dynamics may cause low frequency oscillations -- External control of movements -- The fast eye movement control system -- A comparative approach to analysis and modeling of cardiovascular function -- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation: biomedical and biophysical analyses -- sect. III. Bioelectric phenomena. Basic electrophysiology -- Volume conductor theory -- The electrical conductivity of tissues -- Membrane models -- Computaitonal methods and software for bioelectric field problems -- Principles of electrocardiography -- Principles of electromyography -- Principles of electroencephalography -- Biomagnetism -- Electrical stimulation of excitable systems -- sect. IV. Neuroengineering. History and overview of neural engineering -- Electrical stimulation of the central nervous system -- Transcutaneous FES for ambulation: the parastep system -- Comparing electrodes for use as cortical control signals: tiny tines, tiny wires, or tiny cones on wires: which is best? -- Development of a multi-functional 22-channel functional electrical stimulator for paraplegia -- An implantable bionic network of injectable neural prosthetic devices: the future platform for functional electrical stimulation and sensing to restore movement and sensation -- Visual prostheses -- Interfering with the genesis and propagation of epileptic seizures by neuromodulation -- Transcranial magnetic stimulation of deep brain regions -- sect. V. Biomaterials. Metallic biomaterials -- Ceramic biomaterials -- Polymeric biomaterials -- Composite biomaterials -- Biodegradable polymeric biomaterials: an updated overview -- Biologic biomaterials: tissue-derived biomaterials (collagen) -- Soft tissue replacements -- Hard tissue replacements -- Controlling and assessing cell-biomaterial interactions at the micro- and nanoscale: applications in tissue engineering -- sect. VI. Biomechanics. Mechanics of hard tissue -- Musculoskeletal soft tissue mechanics -- Joint-articulating surface motion -- Joint lubrication -- Analysis of gait -- Mechanics of head/neck -- Biomechanics of chest and abdomen impact -- Cardiac biomechanics -- Heart valve dynamics -- Arterial macrocirculatory hemodynamics -- Mechanics of blood vessels -- The venous system -- Mechanics, molecular transport, and regulation in the microcirculation -- Mechanics and deformability of hematocytes -- Mechanics of tissue/lymphatic transport -- Modeling in cellular biomechanics -- Cochlear mechanics -- Vestibular mechanics -- Exercise physiology -- Factors affecting mechanical work in humans -- sect. VII. Rehabilitation engineering. Rehabilitation engineering, science, and technology -- Orthopedic prosthetics and orthotics in rehabilitation -- Wheeled mobility: wheelchairs and personal transportation -- Externally powered and controlled orthoses and prostheses -- Sensory augmentation and substitution -- Augmentative and alternative communication -- Measurement tools and processes in rehabilitation engineering -- Rehabilitation engineering technologies: principles of application -- sect. VIII. Human performance engineering. The elemental resource model for human performance -- Measurement of neuromuscular performance capacities -- Measurement of sensory-motor control performance capacities: tracking tasks -- Measurement of information-processing subsystem performance capacities -- High-level task analysis: cognitive components -- Task analysis and decomposition: physical components -- Human-computer interaction design -- Applications of human performance measurements to clinical trials to determine therapy effectiveness and safety -- Applications of quantitative assessment of human performance in occupational medicine -- Human performance engineering design and analysis tools -- Human performance engineering: challenges and prospects for the future -- sect. IX. Ethics. Beneficence, nonmaleficence, and medical technology -- Ethical issues related to clinical research.
- Biomedical image analysis 2005., CRCnetBASE
- Biomedical imaging 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Biomedical polymers 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Biopacemaking 2007, Springer
- Biopolymer methods in tissue engineering 2004, Springer Protocols
- Biopolymers at interfaces. 2nd ed., rev. and expanded. 2003, CRCnetBASEMacromolecular adsorption : a brief introduction / Martinus A. Cohen Stuart -- Driving forces for protein adsorption at solid surfaces / Willem Norde -- Thermodynamics of adsorption of amino acids, small peptides, and nucleic acid components on silica adsorbents / Vladimir A. Basiuk -- Quantitative modeling of protein adsorption / Charles M. Roth and Abraham M. Lenhoff -- Interfacial behavior of protein mutants and variants / Martin Malmsten, Thomas Arnebrant, and Peter Billsten -- Proteins on surfaces : methodologies for surface preparation and engineering protein function / Krishnan K. Chittur -- Local and global optical spectroscopic probes of adsorbed proteins / Vladimir Hlady and Jos Buijs -- Orientation and activity of immobilized antibodies / James N. Herron ... [et al.] -- Interactions between surfaces coated with carbohydrates, glycolipids, and glycoproteins / Per M. Claesson -- Kinetics of protein adsorptin / J.J. Ramsden -- Mobility of biomolecules at interfaces / Robert D. Tilton -- Protein adsorption in relation to solution association and aggregation / Tommy Nylander -- Mechanism of interfacial exchange phenomena for proteins adsorbed at solid-liquid interfaces / Vincent Ball, Pierre Schaaf,and J.-C. Voegel -- Interactions between proteins and surfactants at solid interfaces / Marie Wahlgren, Stefan Welin-Klinström, and Camilla A.-C. Karlsson -- Interaction of proteins with polymeric synthetic membranes / George Belfort and Andrew L. Zydney -- Protein adsorption in intravenous drug delivery / Martin Malmstein -- Control of protein adsorption in solid-phase diagnostics and therapeutics / Krister Holmberg and Gerard A. Quash -- Studies on the conformation of adsorbed proteins with the use of nanoparticle technology / Peter Billsten, Uno Carlsson, and Hans Elwing.
- Bioreactors for tissue engineering 2005, Springer
- Biosensors and biodetection v. 1-2, 2009, Springer Protocolsv. 2, 2009 Springer ProtocolsV. 1. Optical-based detectors. Pt. I. Optical-based detectors. Surface plasmon resonance and surface plasmon field-enhanced fluorescence spectroscopy for sensitive detection of tumor markers / Yusuke Arima ... [et al.] -- Surface plasmon resonance biosensor for biomolecular interaction analysis based on spatial modulation phase detection / Xiang Ding, Fangfang Liu, and Xinglong Yu -- Array-based spectral SPR biosensor: analysis of mumps virus infection / Jong Seol Yuk and Kwon-Soo Ha -- Optical biosensors based on photonic crystal surface waves / Valery N. Konopsky and Elena V. Alieva -- Surface plasmon resonance biosensing / Marek Piliarik, Hana Vaisocherová, and Jiří Homola -- Label-free detection with the resonant mirror biosensor / Mohammed Zourob ... [et al.] -- Label-free detection with the liquid core optical ring resonator sensing platform / Ian M. White ... [et al.] -- Reflectometric interference spectroscopy / Guenther Proll ... [et al.] -- Phase sensitive interferometry for biosensing applications / Digant P. Davé -- Label-free serodiagnosis on a grating coupler / Thomas Nagel, Eva Ehrentreich-Förster, and Frank F. Bier -- Pt. II. Indirect detectors. CCD camera detection of HIV infection / John R. Day --Integrating waveguide biosensor / Shuhong Li ... [et al.] -- Detection of fluorescence generated in microfluidic channel using in-fiber grooves and in-fiber microchannel sensors / Rudi Irawan and Swee Chuan Tjin -- Multiplex integrating waveguide sensor: SignalyteTM-II / Shuhong Li ... [et al.] -- CCD based fiber-optic spectrometer detection / Rakesh Kapoor -- V. 2. Electrochemical and mechanical detectors, lateral flow and ligands for biosensors. Pt. I. Mechanical detectors. A set of piezoelectric biosensors using cholinesterases / Carsten Teller ... [et al.] -- Piezoelectric biosensors for aptomer-protein interaction / Sara Tombelli ... [et al.] -- Piezoelectric quartz crystal resonators applied for immunosensing and affinity interaction studies / Petr Skládal -- Biosensors based on cantilevers / Mar Alvarez ... [et al.] -- Piezoelectric-excited millimeter-sized cantilever biosensors / Raj Mutharasan -- Pt. II. Electrochemical detectors. Preparation of screen-printed electrochemical immunosensors for estradiol, and their application in biological fluids / Roy M. Pemberton and John P. Hart -- Electrochemical DNA biosensors: protocols for intercalator-based detection of hybridization in solution and at the surface / Kagan Kerman, Mun'delanji Vestergaard, and Eiichi Tamiya --Electrochemical biosensor technology: application to pesticide detection / Ilaria Palchetti, Serena Laschi, and Marco Mascini -- Electrochemical detection of DNA hybridization using micro and nanoparticles / María Teresa Castañeda, Salvador Alegret, and Arben Merkuçi -- Electrochemical immunosensing using micro and nanoparticles / Alfredo de la Escosura-Muñiz ... [et al.] -- Methods for the preparation of electrochemical composite biosensors based on gold nanparticles / A. González-Cortés, P. Yáñez-Sedeño, and J.M. Pingarrón -- Pt. III. Lateral flow. Immunochromatographic lateral flow strip tests / Gaiping Zhang, Junqing Guo, Xuannian Wang -- Liposome-enhanced lateral-flow assays for the sandwich-hybridization detection of RNA / Katie A. Edwards and Antje J. Baeumner -- Rapid prototyping of lateral flow assays / Alexander Volkov ... [et al.] -- Lateral flow colloidal gold-based immunoassay for pesticide / Shuo Wang, Can Zhang, and Yan Zhang -- Pt. IV. Ligands. Synthesis of a virus electrode for measurement of prostate specific membrane antigen / Juan E. Diaz ... [et al.] --Simple luminescence detector for capillary electrophoresis / Antonio Segura-Carretero, Jorge F. Fernández-Sánchez, and Alberto Fernández-Gutiérrez -- Optical system design for biosensors based on CCD detection / Douglas A. Christensen and James N. Herron --A simple portable electroluminescence illumination-based CCD detector / Yordan Kostov ... [et al.] -- Fluoroimmunoassays using the NRL array biosensor / Joel P. Golden and Kim E. Sapsford -- Biosensors technologies: acousto-optic tunable filter-based hyperspectral and polarization images for fluorescence and spectroscopic imaging / Neelam Gupta -- Photodiode-based detection system for biosensors / Yordan Kostov -- Photodiode array on-chip biosensor for the detection of E. coli O157:H7 pathogenic bacteria / Joon Myong Song and Ho Taik Kwon -- DNA analysis with a photo-diode array sensor / Hideki Kambara and Guohua Zhou -- Miniaturized and integrated fluorescence detectors for microfluidic capillary electrophoresis devices / Toshihiro Kamei -- Photomultiplier tubes in biosensors / Yafeng Guan --In vivo bacteriophage display for the discovery of novel peptide-based tumor-targeting agents / Jessica R. Newton and Susan L. Deutscher -- Biopanning of phage displayed peptide libraries for the isolation of cell-specific ligands / Michael J. McGuire, Shunzi Li, and Kathlynn C. Brown -- Biosensor detection systems: engineering stable, high-affinity bioreceptors by yeast surface display / Sarah A. Richman, David M. Kranz, and Jennifer D. Stone -- Antibody affinity optimization using yeast cell surface display / Robert W. Siegel -- Using RNA aptamers and the proximity ligation assay for the detection of cell surface antigens / Supriya S. Pai and Andrew D. Ellington -- In vitro selection of protein-binding DNA aptamers as ligands for biosensing applications / Naveen K. Navani, Wing Ki Mok, and Yingfu Li -- Pt. V. Protein and DNA preparation. Immobilization of biomolecules onto silica and silica-based surfaces for use in planar array biosensors / Lisa C. Shriver-Lake, Paul T. Charles, and Chris R. Taitt -- Rapid DNA amplification using a battery-powered thin-film resistive thermocycler / Keith E. Herold ... [et al.].
- Biotechnology for biomedical engineers 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Biotransport 2011, Springer
- Bone and cartilage engineering 2006, Springer
- Bone tissue engineering 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Calcium orthophosphates 2012, CRCnetBASE
- Carbon nanotubes 2008, CRCnetBASE
- Cell line development 2009, SpringerMammalian cell lines command an effective monopoly for the production of therapeutic proteins that require post-translational modifications. This book deals with the methodology involved in the development of cell lines and the cell engineering approach that can be employed to enhance productivity and improve cell function.
- Chitosan-based hydrogels 2012, CRCnetBASE
- Clinical engineering 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Clothing biosensory engineering 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Colloids in drug delivery 2010, CRCnetBASESurfactants and block copolymers in drug delivery / Ambikanandan Misra ... [et al.] -- Application of colloidal properties in drug delivery / Swarnlata Saraf -- Polymeric nanocapsules for drug delivery : an overview / Sílvia S. Guterres ... [et al.] -- Poly(alkyl cyanoacrylate) nanoparticles for drug delivery and vaccine development / Anja Graf, Karen Krauel-Göllner, Thomas Rades -- Stimuli-sensitive polymer gels for dermal and transdermal drug delivery and their application in the development of smart textile materials / Witold Musial and Vanja Kokol -- Micelles : the multifunctional nanocarrier for colloidal drug delivery / Chandana Mohanty, Sarbari Acharya, and Sanjeeb K. Sahoo -- Multiple emulsions : an overview and pharmaceutical applications / Jatin Khurana, Somnath Singh, and Alekha K. Dash -- Pharmaceutical and biotechnological applications of multiple emulsions / Rita Cortesi and Elisabetta Esposito -- Nanoemulsions as drug delivery systems / Figen Tirnaksiz, Seyda Akkus, and Nevin Celebi -- Microemulsion systems : application in delivery of poorly soluble drugs / Ljiljana Djekic and Marija Primorac -- Diclofenac solubilization in mixed nonionic surfactants microemulsions / Monzer Fanun -- Self-emulsifying drug delivery systems / D. P. Maurya, Yasmin Sultana, and M. Abul Kalam -- Liquid crystals and their application in the field of drug delivery / Rakesh Patel and Tanmay N. Patel -- Liquid crystalline nanoparticles as drug nanocarriers / Anan Yaghmur and Michael Rappolt -- Niosomal delivery system for macromolecular drugs / Yongzhuo Huang, Faquan Yu, and Wenquan Liang -- A new class of mesoscopic aggregates as a novel drug delivery system / Federico Bordi, Cesare Cametti, and Simona Sennato -- Liposomes and biomacromolecules : effects of preparation protocol on in vitro activity / Paola Luciani, Debora Berti, and Piero Baglioni -- Colloidal nanocarrier systems as a tool for improving antimycobacterial and antitumor activities and reducing the toxicity of usnic acid / N. S. Santos-Magalhães ... [et al.] -- Dendrimers in drug delivery / Hu Yang -- Microsphere : a novel drug delivery system / Abdus Samad ... [et al.] -- Colloids in aerosol drug delivery system / Nazrul Islam -- Respiratory aerosol dynamics with applications to pharmaceutical drug delivery / Jinxiang Xi, P. Worth Longest, and Paula J. Anderson -- Colloidal carriers for drug delivery in dental tissue engineering / Nader Kalaji, Nida Sheibat-Othman, and Hatem Fessi -- Classification and application of colloidal drug delivery systems : passive or active tumor targeting / H. Yesim Karasulu, Burcak Karaca, and Ercüment Karasulu -- Nanocarriers for imaging applications / Vandana Patravale and Medha Joshi.
- Combination products 2008, CRCnetBASEOverview of combination products -- Ensuring successful combination product development -- Overview of FDA and other regulatory agency expectations -- Resource requirements -- Manufacturing of combination products -- Challenges and pitfalls to avoid with combination products -- Postlaunch compliance requirements -- Agency audits and challenges.
- Complex medical engineering 2007, SpringerBiomedical robotics and biomechatronics -- Complex virtual technology in medicine -- Information and communication technology in medicine -- Complex technology in rehabilitation -- Cognitive neuroscience and technology -- Complex bioinformatics.
- Complex systems in biomedicine 2006, Springer
- Complex systems science in biomedicine 2006., Springer
- Computational intelligence in biomedical engineering 2008, CRCnetBASE
- Computer methods. Part A-C ScienceDirectpt. B, 2009 ScienceDirectpt. C, 2011 ScienceDirect
- Conjugated polymers. 3rd ed. 2007, CRCnetBASEConductive polymers as organic nanometals -- Conducting polymer fibre for smart fabric and interactive textile applications -- Inkjet printing and patterning of PEDOT-PSS -- Printing organic electronics on flexible substrates -- Light emitting polymers -- Organic electro-optic materials -- Conjugated polymer electronics -- Electrical bistable polymer films and their applications in memory devices -- Electroactive polymers for batteries and supercapacitors -- Conjugated polymer based photovoltaic devices -- Biomedical applications of ICPs -- Biosensors based on conducting electroactive polymers -- Optical biosensors based on conjugated polymers -- Conducting polymers for MEMS and other micro-devices -- Corrosion protection using conducting polymers -- Artificial muscles.
- CRC Handbook of engineering tables 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Cryocoolers 13 2005, Springer
- Deformable models 2007, Springer
- Designing inclusive futures 2008, Springer
- Designing usability into medical products 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Directed enzyme evolution 2003, Springer Protocols
- Directed evolution library creation 2003, Springer Protocols
- Electrical impedance tomography 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Encyclopedia of smart materials 2002, WileyIncludes biomedical and health applications, biomedical sensing, cure and health monitoring, drug deliversy systems, health monitoring using wave dynamics, polymers, biotechnology and medical applications.
- Engineering of functional skeletal tissues 2007, Springer
- Epidermal cells 2004, Springer ProtocolsAnalysis of connexin 43 expression on keratinocytes using flow cytometry / Maja Matic ... [et al.] -- MMP-9 and TIMP-1 assays in keratinocyte cultures / Takashi Kobayashi -- Characterization of epithelial cells in the hair follicle with S100 proteins / Kenji Kizawa and Mayumi Ito -- Immunoelectron microscopic analysis of cornified cell envelopes and antigen retrieval / Akemi Ishida-Yamamoto -- Cell kinetic analysis in artificial skin using immunochemical methods / Andrea Casasco ... [et al.] -- Proliferation, differentiation, and inflammation in normal and hyperproliferative skin using multiparameter flow cytometry / Piet E.J. van Erp -- Fluorimetric DNA assay of cell number / William R. Otto -- Keratinocyte transient transfections / Anthony M. Flores and Brian J. Aneskievich -- Tetracycline-regulated gene expression in epidermal keratinocytes / Richard B. Presland and Philip Fleckman -- Gene targeting by oligonucleotides in keratinocytes / Olga Igoucheva and Kyonggeun Yoon --Epidermis-targeted gene transfer using in vivo electroporation / Hiroki Maruyama, Jun-Ichi Miyazaki and Fumitake Gejyo -- Gene and stem cell therapy of the hair follicle / Robert M. Hoffman.Isolation, characterization, and culture of epithelial stem cells / Jackie R. Bickenbach -- Keratin 19 as a stem cell marker in vivo and in vitro / Danielle Larouche ... [et al.] -- Immunolocalization in the epidermis / Tammy-Claire Troy ... [et al.] -- Epidermal cell analysis by RT-PCR / Tammy-Claire Troy ... [et al.] -- Whole-mount assays for gene induction and barrier formation in the developing epidermis / Carolyn Byrne and Matthew J. Hardman -- Analysis of early epidermal development in zebrafish / Ashley E. Webb and David Kimelman -- Analysis of E2F factors during epidermal differentiation / Wing Y. Chang and Lina Dagnino -- Analysis of HOX homeodomain proteins and gene transcripts in the epidermis / László G. Kömüves and Corey Largman -- Apoptosis in the epidermis / Kiyofumi Yamanishi, Chun-Shen Shen and Hitoshi Mizutani -- Fate of desmosomal proteins in apoptotic epidermal cells / Jörg Weiske and Otmar Huber --Primary mouse keratinocyte culture / Annalisa Pirrone, Barbara Hager, and Philip Fleckman -- Serial cultivation of primary adult murine keratinocytes / Richard P. Redvers and Pritinder Kaur -- Keratinocyte culture in the absence of substrate attachment / Monika Jost and Ulrich Rodeck -- Application of genetically modified feeder cells for culture of keratinocytes / Takashi Kameda and Toshihiro Sugiyama -- Organ culture of developing mouse skin and its application for molecular mechanistic studies of morphogenesis / Mariko Kashiwaga and Nam-ho Huh -- Experimental models to analyze differentiation functions of cultured keratinocytes in vitro and in vivo / Nicole Maas-Szabowski, Norbert E. Fusenig, and Hans-Jürgen Stark -- In vitro fabrication of engineered human skin / Alexander Margulis, Weitian Zhang and Jonathan A. Garlick -- In vivo labeling and analysis of epidermal stem cells / Wei-Yang Wu and Rebecca J. Morris -- Method for the harvest and assay of in vitro clonogenic keratinocytes stem cells from mice / Wei-Yang Wu and Rebecca J. Morris -- FACS enrichment of human keratinocyte stem cells / Amy Li and Pritinder Kaur --Promoter analysis in the human SPRR gene family / David F. Fischer and Claude Backendorf -- Stable integration of large PAC contructs in keratinocytes / Sarah H. Williams and Alain Hovnanian -- Targeted somatic mutagenesis in the mouse epidermis / Daniel Metzger, Mei Li, and Pierre Chambon -- Methods to study protein-protein interactions / Jin-Jun Meng ... [et al.] -- Isolation of recombinant phage-displayed antibodies recognizing skin keratinocytes / Kim Bak Jensen and Peter Kristensen -- Analysis of tissue-specific DNA methylation during development / Jun Ohgane, Naka Hattori and Kunio Shiota -- Serial analysis of gene expression in human keratinocytes and the epidermis / Bastiaan J.H. Jansen ... [et al.] -- Methods for gene expression profiling in dermatology research using DermArray® nylon filter DNA microarrays / Richard L. Davis Jr. ... [et al.] -- Two-photon fluorescence imaging and reactive oxygen species detection within the epidermis / Kerry M. Hanson and Robert M. Clegg -- In vivo transplantation of engineered human skin / Shari Greenberg, Alexander Margulis and Jonathan A. Garlick --
- Ergonomics and psychology 2008, CRCnetBASEEcological ergonomics / Marvin J. Dainoff -- Integrating cognitive and digital human models for virtual product design / Daniel W. Carruth and Vincent G. Duffy -- Time study during vocational training / Gregory Z. Bedny and Waldemar Karwowski -- The laws of ergonomics applied to design and testing of workstations / V.F. Venda, V.K. Kalin, and A.Y. Trofimov -- Day-to-day monitoring of an operator's functional state and fitness-for-work : a psychophysiological and engineering approach / Oleksandr Burov -- Identification of mental modules ; Identification of neural modules / Saul Sternberg -- The new interface of brain, mind, and machine : will the emergent whole be greater than the sum of the parts? / Chris Berka ... [et al.] -- The interaction of sleep and memory / Jeffrey M. Ellenbogen -- Attention, selection for action, error processing, and safety / Magdalena Fafrowicz and Tadeusz Marek -- Activity theory : comparative analysis of Eastern and Western approaches / Waldemar Karwowski, Gregory Z. Bedney, and Olexiy Y. Chebykin -- Discourse in activity / Harry Daniels -- Movements of the cane prior to locomotion judgments : the informer fallacy and the training fallacy versus the role of exploration / Gregory Burton and Jennifer Cyr -- Emotional intelligence : a novel approach to operationalizing the construct / E.L. Nosenko -- Emotional regulation of the learning process / Olexiy Y. Chebykin and S.D. Maksymenko -- Emotional resources of the professional trainer / G.V. Lozhkin -- Good judgment : the intersection of intelligence and personality / Robert Hogan, Joyce Hogan and Paul Barrett -- Relational self in action : relationships and behavior / Susan E. Cross and Kari A. Terzino.
- Ergonomics for beginners. 3rd ed. 2008, CRCnetBASEPosture and movement -- Information and operation -- Environmental factors -- Work organization jobs and tasks -- The ergonomic approach -- Sources of additional information.
- Essentials of stem cell biology. 2nd ed. 2009, ScienceDirectIntroduction to stem cells -- Basic biology/mechanisms -- Tissue and organ development -- Methods -- Applications -- Regulation and ethics.
- Fluid-structure interaction 2006, Springer
- Foot and ankle motion analysis 2008, CRCnetBASE
- From brains to systems 2011, SpringerIntroduction: From Brains to the Machines of the Future / Ricardo Sanz, Carlos Hernández and Jaime Gómez-Ramirez -- Emergent Feature Sensitivity in a Model of the Auditory Thalamocortical System / Martin Coath, Robert Mill, Susan L. Denham and Thomas Wennekers -- STDP Pattern Onset Learning Depends on Background Activity / James Humble, Steve Furber, Susan L. Denham and Thomas Wennekers -- Emergence of Small-World Structure in Networks of Spiking Neurons Through STDP Plasticity / Gleb Basalyga, Pablo M. Gleiser and Thomas Wennekers -- Coupling BCM and Neural Fields for the Emergence of Self-organization Consensus / Mathieu Lefort, Yann Boniface and Bernard Girau -- Alpha and Theta Rhythm Abnormality in Alzheimer's Disease: A Study Using a Computational Model / Basabdatta Sen Bhattacharya, Damien Coyle and Liam P. Maguire -- Oscillatory Neural Network for Image Segmentation with Biased Competition for Attention / Tapani Raiko and Harri Valpola -- Internal Simulation of Perceptions and Actions / Magnus Johnsson and David Gil -- Building Neurocognitive Networks with a Distributed Functional Architecture / Marmaduke Woodman, Dionysios Perdikis, Ajay S. Pillai, Silke Dodel and Raoul Huys, et al. -- Reverse Engineering for Biologically Inspired Cognitive Architectures: A Critical Analysis / Andreas Schierwagen -- Competition in High Dimensional Spaces Using a Sparse Approximation of Neural Fields / Jean-Charles Quinton, Bernard Girau and Mathieu Lefort -- Informational Theories of Consciousness: A Review and Extension / Igor Aleksander and David Gamez -- Hippocampal Categories: A Mathematical Foundation for Navigation and Memory / Jaime Gómez-Ramirez and Ricardo Sanz -- The Role of Feedback in a Hierarchical Model of Object Perception / Salvador Dura-Bernal, Thomas Wennekers and Susan L. Denham -- Machine Free Will: Is Free Will a Necessary Ingredient of Machine Consciousness? / Riccardo Manzotti -- Natural Evolution of Neural Support Vector Machines / Magnus Jändel -- Self-conscious Robotic System Design Process - From Analysis to Implementation / Antonio Chella, Massimo Cossentino and Valeria Seidita -- Simulating Visual Qualia in the CERA-CRANIUM Cognitive Architecture / Raúl Arrabales, Agapito Ledezma and Araceli Sanchis -- The Ouroboros Model, Selected Facets / Knud Thomsen.
- Fundamentals of biomechanics. 2nd ed. 2007, Springer
- Fundamentals of tissue engineering and regenerative medicine 2009, Springer
- Gene and cell therapy. 2nd ed. 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Genetic engineering of mesenchymal stem cells 2006, Springer
- Genetically engineered organisms 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of biological effects of electromagnetic fields. Bioengineering and biophysical aspects of electromagnetic fields. 3rd ed. 2007, CRCnetBASEIntroduction -- 1. Environmental and Occupationally Encountered Electromagnetic Fields / Kjell Hansson Mild and Ben Greenebaum -- 2. Endogenous Electric Fields in Animals / Richard Nuccitelli -- 3. Dielectric Properties of Biological Materials / Camelia Gabriel -- 4. Magnetic Properties of Biological Material / Jon Dobson -- 5. Interaction of Direct Current and Extremely Low-Frequency / Electric Fields with Biological Materials and Systems / Frank S. Barnes -- 6. Magnetic Field Effects on Free Radical Reactions in Biology / Stefan Engström -- 7. Signals, Noise, and Thresholds / James C. Weaver and Martin Bier -- 8. Biological Effects of Static Magnetic Fields / Shoogo Ueno and Tsukasa Shigemitsu -- 9. The Ion Cyclotron Resonance Hypothesis / A.R. Liboff -- 10. Computational Methods for Predicting Field Intensity and Temperature Change / James C. Lin and Paolo Bernardi -- 11. Experimental EMF Exposure Assessment / Sven Kühn and Niels Kuster -- 12. Electromagnetic Imaging of Biological Systems / William T. Joines, Qing H. Liu, and Gary Ybarra.
- Handbook of biometrics 2008, Springer
- Handbook of human factors and ergonomics methods 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Pt. 1. Introduction -- pt. 2. Ceramic and metal scaffold -- pt. 3. Intelligent hydrogel -- pt. 4. Electrospinning nanofiber -- pt. 5. Novel biomaterials for scaffold -- pt. 6. Novel fabrication methods for scaffold -- pt. 7. Scaffold for target organ.
- Handbook of nanoscience, engineering, and technology 2003, CRCnetBASEEnabling technologies for molecular nanosystems -- Solution-phase chemistry -- Dynamics of brownian assembly -- Molecular systems by brownian assembly -- Large secondary bonded systems -- Protein and DNA engineering.
- Handbook of neuroprosthetic methods 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Editor: Jianfang, Zhang
Translated & Donated by Muoi Arnold and Keith Arnold former Stanford faculty