Books by Subject
- Adenosine ..............................
- — Muskellunge Symposium ..................
- Nature of difference ...................
- — What sustains life? ....................
- Nature of difference 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Nature's versatile engine 2006, Springer
- Neurobiology of circadian timing 2012, ScienceDirectThis issue of Progress in Brain Research reviews current knowledge and understanding, provides a starting point for researchers and practitioners entering the field, and builds a platform for further research and discovery. Leading authors review the state-of-the-art in their field of investigation, and provide their views and perspectives for future research Chapters are extensively referenced to provide readers with a comprehensive list of resources on the topics covered All chapters include comprehensive background information and are written in a clear form that is also accessible to the non-specialist.
- Neutron scattering in biology 2006, Springer
- New perspectives in the study of Mesoamerican primates 2006, SpringerOverview of the Mesoamerican primate fauna, primate studies, and conservation concerns / Alejandro Estrada ... [et al.] -- Taxonomy and distributions of Mesoamerican primates / Anthony B. Rylands ... [et al.] -- The biogeographic history of Mesoamerican primates / Susan M. Ford -- Demographic features of Alouatta pigra populations in extensive and fragmented forests / Sarie Van Belle and Alejandro Estrada -- Population structure of black howlers (Alouatta pigra) in southern Belize and responses to Hurricane Iris / Mary S.M. Pavelka and Colin A. Chapman -- The effects of forest fragment age, isolation, size, habitat type, and water availability on monkey density in a tropical dry forest / Holly Noelle DeGama-Blanchet and Linda Marie Fedigan -- Forest fragmentation and its effects on the feeding ecology of black howlers (Alouatta pigra) from the Calakmul area in Mexico / Andrómeda Rivera and Sophie Calmé -- Intestinal parasitic infections in Alouatta pigra in tropical rainforest in Lacandona, Chiapas, Mexico : implications for behavioral ecology and conservation / Kathryn E. Stoner and Ana González Di Pierro -- Average body weight for mantled howling monkeys (Alouatta palliata) : an assessment of average values and variability / Kenneth E. Glander -- An exploratory analysis of developmental plasticity in Costa Rican mantled howler monkeys (Alouatta palliata palliata) / Clara B. Jones -- Travel patterns and spatial mapping in Nicaraguan mantled howler monkeys (Alouatta palliata) / Paul A. Garber and Petra E. Jelinek -- Use of landmark cues to locate feeding sites in wild capuchin monkeys (Cebus capucinus) : an experimental field study / Paul A. Garber and Ellen Brown -- Leap, bridge, or ride? Ontogenetic influences on positional behavior in Cebus and Alouatta / Michelle F. Bezanson -- Food choice by juvenile capuchin monkeys (Cebus capucinus) in a tropical dry forest / Katherine C. MacKinnon --Why be alpha male? Dominance and reproductive success in wild white-faced capuchins (Cebus capucinus) / Katharine M. Jack and Linda M. Fedigan -- Post-conceptive mating in white-faced capuchins, Cebus capucinus : hormonal and sociosexual patterns of cycling, noncycling, and pregnant females / Sarah D. Carnegie, Linda M. Fedigan and Toni E. Ziegler -- Growth of a reintroduced spider monkey (Ateles geoffroyi) population on Barro Colorado Island, Panama / Katharine Milton and Mariah E. Hopkins -- Primates in agroecosystems : conservation value of some agricultural practices in Mesoamerican landscapes / Alejandro Estrada ... [et al.] -- Primate populations in the protected forests of Maya archaeological sites in southern Mexico and Guatemala / Alejandro Estrada ... [et al.] -- Mapping primate populations in the Yucatan Peninsula, Mexico : a first assessment / Juan Carlos Serio-Silva, Víctor Rico-Gray and Gabriel Ramos-Fernández -- A metapopulation approach to conserving the howler monkey in a highly fragmented landscape in Los Tuxtlas, Mexico / Salvador Mandujano ... [et al.] -- Quantifying fragmentation of black howler (Alouatta pigra) habitat after Hurricane Iris (2001), southern Belize / Shelley M. Alexander, Mary S.M. Pavelka and Nicola H. Bywater -- New perspectives in the study of Mesoamerican primates : concluding comments and conservation priorities / Paul A. Garber, Alejandro Estrada and Mary S.M. Pavelka.
- New taxonomy 2008, CRCnetBASEIntroductory : toward the new taxonomy / Quentin D. Wheeler -- Networks and their role in e-taxonomy / Malcolm J. Scoble -- Taxonomy as a team sport / Sandra Knapp -- Planetary biodiversity inventories as models for the new taxonomy / Lawrence M. Page -- On the use of taxonomic concepts in support of biodiversity research and taxonomy / Nico M. Franz, Robert K. Peet and Alan S. Weakley -- International infrastructure for enabling the new taxonomy : the role of the Global Biodiversity Information Facility (GBIF) / Larry Speers and James L. Edwards -- DNA sequence in taxonomy : opportunities and challenges / Rudolf Meier -- Animal names for all : ICZN, ZooBank and the new taxonomy / Andrew Polaszek, Richard Pyle and Doug Yanega -- Understanding morphology in systematic contezxt : three-dimensional specimen ordination and recognition / Norman MacLeod -- Taxonomic shock and awe / Quentin D. Wheeler.
- Nutrient cycling in terrestrial ecosystems 2007, Springer
- On growth, form and computers 2003, ScienceDirect
- Orientation and navigation in vertebrates 2008, Springer
- Oxidants in biology 2008, Springer
- Oxygen biology and hypoxia 2007, ScienceDirect
- Oxygen transport to tissue XXVII 2006, Springer
- Perl programming for biologists 2003, Wiley
- Photobiology. 2nd ed. 2008, Springer
- Population systems. 2nd ed. / 2008, Springer
- Power analysis for experimental research 2002, ebraryThe conceptual underpinnings of statistical power -- Strategies for increasing statistical power -- General guidelines for conducting a power analysis -- The t-test for independent samples -- The paired t-test -- One-way between subjects analysis of variance -- One-way between subjects analysis of covariance -- One-way repeated measures analysis of variance -- Interaction effects for factorial analysis of variance -- Power analysis for more complex designs -- Other power analytic issues and resources for addressing them.
- Prenatal mouse brain atlas /. 2nd ed. 2007, Springer
- Primate biogeography 2006, SpringerBiogeography and primates : a review /Shawn M. Lehman, John G. Fleagle --Nested distribution patterns and the historical biogeography of the primates of Guyana /S.M. Lehman --Genetic evidence on the historical biogeography of Central American howler monkeys /Julie A. Ellsworth, Guy A. Hoelzer --Ecological biogeography of primates in Guyana /S.M. Lehman ... [et al.] --Contrasting phylogeographic histories of chimpanzees in Nigeria and Cameroon : a multi-locus genetic analysis /M. Katherine Gonder, Todd R. Disotell --Geographic variation in Savanna baboon (Papio) ecology and its taxonomic and evolutionary implications /Jason M. Kamilar --Biogeography and evolution of the Cercocebus-Mandrillus clade : evidence from the face /W. Scott McGraw, John G. Fleagle --Mouse lemur phylogeography revises a model of ecogeographic constraint in Madagascar /Anne D. Yoder, Kellie L. Heckman --Abiotic and biotic factors as predictors of species richness on Madagascar /Nancy J. Stevens, Patrick M. O'Connor --The geography of mammals and rivers in mainland Southeast Asia /Erik Meijaard, Colin Peter Groves --Primate biogeography and ecology on the Sunda Shelf islands : a paleontological and zooarchaeological perspective /Terry Harrison, John Krigbaum, Jessica Manser --The biogeography of primate evolution : the role of plate tectonics, climate and chance /John G. Fleagle, Christopher C. Gilbert --Biogeographic origins of primate higher taxa /Christopher P. Heesy, Nancy J. Stevens, Karen E. Samonds --Mammalian biogeography and anthropoid origins /K. Christopher Beard --Continental paleobiogeography as phylogenetic evidence /James B. Rossie, Erik R. Seiffert.
- Primates of western Uganda 2006, SpringerTaxonomy and biogeography of the primates of western Uganda / Colin Groves -- Factors influencing variation in the population densities of Colobus guereza within selectively logged forest at the Budongo Reserve : the importance of lianas during a subsistence diet / Graham Anthony Preece -- How does the golden monkey of the Virungas cope in a fruit-scarce environment? / Dennis Twinomugish ... [et al.] -- The diet of olive baboons (Papio anubis) in Budongo Forest Reserve, Uganda / Adam Alberts Okecha and Nicholas E. Newton-Fisher -- Aspects of diet, foraging, and seed predation in Ugandan forest baboons / James D. Paterson -- The interaction of hormones with ecological factors in male Budongo Forest chimpanzees / Sally B. Seraphin, Patricia L. Whitten, and Vernon Reynolds -- The role of diet in self-medication among chimpanzees in the Sonso and Kanyawara communities, Uganda / Paula Pebsworth, Sabrina Krief, and Michael A. Huffman -- Geophagy in chimpanzees (Pan troglodytes schweinfurthii) of the Budongo Forest Reserve, Uganda : a multidisciplinary study / Mnason Tweheyo ... [et al.] -- Nutritional aspects of the diet of wild gorillas : how do Bwindi gorillas compare? / Jessica M. Rothman ... [et al.] -- The parasites of the gorillas in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, Uganda / Jessica M. Rothman ... [et al.] -- Preliminary GIS analysis of range use by sympatric mountain gorillas and chimpanzees in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, Uganda / J. Bosco Nkurunungi and Craig B. Stanford --Comparison of sex differences in gregariousness in fission-fusion species : reducing bias by standardizing for party size / Melissa Emery Thompson and Richard W. Wrangham -- Urinary estrone conjugates and reproductive parameters in Kibale (Kanyawara) and Budongo (Sonso) chimpanzees / Melissa Emery Thompson, Richard W. Wrangham, and Vernon Reynolds -- Frequent copulations by females and high promiscuity in chimpanzees in the Kalinzu Forest, Uganda / Chie Hashimoto and Takeshi Furuichi -- Effects of injury on the locomotion of free-living chimpanzees in the Budongo Forest Reserve, Uganda / Julie Munn -- Effect of snare injuries on the fig-feeding behavior of chimpanzees of the Budongo Forest, Uganda : behavioral adaptations and long-term implications / Emma J. Stokes and Richard W. Byrne -- Deciphering junglespeak : an update on chimpanzee vocalizations, referential communication, and their relationship to language / Hugh Notman -- Instrumental leaf use by chimpanzees of the Budongo Forest (Sonso community) / Duane Quiatt -- A survey of prosimians in the national parks and forest reserves of Uganda / Lesley Ambrose -- The diets, preferences, and overlap of the primate community in the Budongo Forest Reserve, Uganda : effects of logging on primate diets / Andrew J. Plumptre -- Behavioral patterns of colobus in logged and unlogged forests : the conservation value of harvested forests / Colin A. Chapman, Michael D. Wasserman, and Thomas R. Gillespie -- Threats to, and protection of, the chimpanzees of the Budongo Forest Reserve / Vernon Reynolds -- Gorillas living on the edge : literally and figuratively / Michele L. Goldsmith, Joel Glick, and Evarist Ngabirano -- Local ecological perceptions of chimpanzees and forest resources : a case study near Budongo Forest, Uganda / Cristy Watkins.
- Principles of medical biology v. 2-15, 1995-2004., ScienceDirect
- Problems of High Altitude Medicine and Biology 2007, Springer
- Promises and challenges of regenerative medicine 2005, SpringerMelanocyte system for studying stem cell niche -- Establishment and maniupulation of monkey and human embryonic stem cell lines for biomedical research -- Human embryonic stem cell derivation -- In search of the elusive epidermal stem cell -- Corneal cells for regeneration -- Polycomb gene product Bmi-l -- Directed differentiation of neural and sensory tissues from embryonic stem cells in vitro -- Stem cell biology for vascular regeneration.
- ch. 1. Introduction / David L. Hull and Marc H. V. Van Regenmortel, p. 1-13 -- ch. 2. Emergent Properties of Biological Molecules and Cells / Robert J. P. Williams, p. 15-34 -- ch. 3. From Nineteenth Century Ideas on Reduction in Physiology to Non-Reductive Explanations in Twentieth-Century Biochemistry / Claude Debru, p. 35-46 -- ch. 4. Pitfalls of Reductionism in Immunology / Marc H. V. Van Regenmortel, p. 47-66 -- ch. 5. Reductionism in Medicine: Social Aspects of Health / Elisabeth A. Lloyd, p. 67-82 -- ch. 6. 'Who's Afraid of Reductionism?' 'I Am!' / Stanley Shostak, p. 83-111 -- Round Table Discussion 1/ chair Alex Rosenberg, p. 113-123 -- ch. 7. Reductionism in an Historical Science / Alex Rosenberg, p. 125-160 -- ch. 8. Varieties of Reductionism: Derivation and Gene Selection / David L. Hull, p. 161-177 -- ch. 9. The Gene: Between Holism and Generalism / Michel Morange, p. 179-189 -- ch. 10. Genes versus Molecules: How To, and How Not To, Be a Reductionist / Sahotra Sarkar, p. 191-209 -- ch. 11. Limits of Reproduction: A Reductionistic Research Strategy in Evolutionary Biology / James Griesemer, p. 211-231 -- ch. 12. Evolutionary Psychology: A Case Study in the Poverty of Genetic Determinism / John Dupré, p. 233-251 -- Round Table Discussion 2 / chair Marc Van Regenmortel, p. 253-260 -- ch. 13. The Ethical Imperative of Holism in Medicine / Alfred I. Tauber, p. 261-278 -- ch. 14. Levels of Explanation in Human Behaviour: The Poverty of Evolutionary Psychology / Steven P. R. Rose, p. 279-304 -- ch. 15. Reductionism and Social Policy / Dorothy Nelkin, p. 305-321 -- ch. 16. Reductionism, Complexity and Molecular Medicine: Genetic Chips and the 'Globalization' of the Genome / Kenneth F. Schaffner, p. 323-351 -- Round Table Discussion 3 / chair Kenneth F. Schaffner, p. 353-363.
- Protocol for somatic embryogenesis in woody plants 2005, Springer
- Psychrophiles 2008, Springer
- Quantum dots 2006, Springer ProtocolsImmunofluorescent labeling of proteins in cultured cells with quantum dot secondary antibody conjugates / Richard L. Ornberg and Hongjian Liu -- Immunohistochemical detection with quantum dots / Rizwan S. Akhtar ... [et al.] -- Quantum dots for multicolor clinical pathology and multispectral imaging / Johbu Itoh and Robert Yoshiyuki Osamura -- Light and electron microscopic localization of multiple proteins using quantum dots / Thomas J. Deerinck ... [et al.] -- Human metaphase chromosome fluorescence in situ hybridization using quantum dot conjugates / Joan H.M. Knoll -- Biotin-ligand complexes with streptavidin quantum dots for in vivo cell-labeling of membrane receptors / Diane S. Lidke ... [et al.] -- Single quantum dot tracking of membrane receptors / Cødric Bouzigues ... [et al.] -- Optical monitoring of single cells using quantum dots / Jyoti K. Jaiswal and Sanford M. Simon -- Peptide-mediated intracellular delivery of quantum dots / B. Christoffer Lagerholm -- High-content analysis in multiple cell lines using quantum dots / Paul G. Wylie --Measuring cell motility using quantum dot probes / Weiwei Gu ... [et al.] -- Quantum dots for in vivo molecular and cellular imaging / Xiaohu Gao, Leland W.K. Chung, and Shuming Nie -- Sentinel lymph node mapping with type II quantum dots / John V. Frangioni ... [et al.] -- Macrophage-mediated colocalization of quantum dots in experimental glioma / Osman Muhammad, Alexandra Popescu, and Steven A. Toms -- Applications of quantum dots to multicolor flow cytometry / Pratip K. Chattopadhyay and Mario Roederer -- Quantum dots in flow cytometry / Barnaby Abrams and Tim Dubrovsky -- Luminescent biocompatible quantum dots: a tool for immunosorbent assay design / Ellen R. Goldman ... [et al.] -- Fluorescence-based analysis of cellular protein lysate arrays using quantum dots / David H. Geho ... [et al.] -- Application of quantum dots to multicolor microarray experiments: four-color genotyping / George Karlin-Neumann ... [et al.].
- Rat nervous system. 3rd ed. 2004, ScienceDirect
- Reconstructing the tree of life 2007, CRCnetBASEsection A. Introduction and general context -- section B. Reconstructing and using the tree of life -- section C. Taxonomy and systematics of species rich groups (case studies).
- Reproduction and fitness in baboons 2006, SpringerPerspectives on reproduction and life history in baboons / Larissa Swedell & Steven R. Leigh -- Infant mortality, paternity certainty, and female reproductive strategies in hamadryas baboons / Larissa Swedell & Julian Saunders -- Female behavioral strategies of hybrid baboons in the Awash National Park, Ethiopia / Jacinta C. Beehner & Thore J. Bergman -- Hybrid baboons and the origins of the hamadryas male reproductive strategy / Thore J. Bergman -- The social and ecological flexibility of Guinea baboons : implications for Guinea baboon social organization and male strategies / Anh Galat-Luong, Gérard Galat & Suzanne Hagell -- Social organization, reproductive systems, and mediation of baboon endogenous virus (BaEV) copy number in gelada, hamadryas, and other Papio baboons / Monica Uddin, Jane E. Phillips-Conroy & Clifford J. Jolly -- Reproduction, mortality, and female reproductive success in chacma baboons of the Okavango Delta, Botswana / Dorothy L. Cheney ... [et al.] -- Maternal characteristics and offspring growth in chacma baboons : a life-history perspective / Sara E. Johnson -- Whose life is it anyway? Maternal investment, developmental trajectories, and life history strategies in baboons / Louise Barrett, S. Peter Henzi & John E. Lycett -- Ontogeny, life history, and maternal investment in baboons / Steven R. Leigh & Robin M. Bernstein -- Testicular size, developmental trajectories, and male life history strategies in four baboon taxa / Clifford J. Jolly & Jane E. Phillips-Conroy -- The evolutionary past and the research future : environmental variation and life history flexibility in a primate lineage / Susan C. Alberts & Jeanne Altmann.
- Ringtailed lemur biology 2006, SpringerThe distribution and biogeography of the ringtailed lemur (Lemur catta) in Madagascar / Steven M. Goodman, Soava V. Rakotoarisoa and Lucienne Wilmé -- A preliminary estimate of Lemur catta population density using satellite imagery / Robert W. Sussman ... [et al.] -- Berenty Reserve : a research site in southern Madagascar / Alison Jolly ... [et al.] -- Beza Mahafaly Special Reserve : a research site in southwestern Madagascar / Robert W. Sussman and Joelisoa Ratsirarson -- Plant species fed on by Lemur catta in gallery forests of the southern domain of Madagascar / Bruno Simmen ... [et al.] -- Tamarind recruitment and long-term stability in the gallery forest at Berenty, Madagascar / Kathryn Blumenfeld-Jones ... [et al.] -- Home ranges of ringtailed lemur troops and the density of large trees at Berenty Reserve, Madagascar / Naoki Koyama ... [et al.] -- The influence of tamarind tree quality and quantity on Lemur catta behavior / Anne S. Mertl-Millhollen ... [et al.] -- Feeding competition between introduced Eulemur fulvus and native Lemur catta during the birth season at Berenty Reserve, southern Madagascar / Susan Pinkus, James N.M. Smith and Alison Jolly --Tradition and novelty : Lemur catta feeding strategy on introduced tree species at Berenty Reserve / Takayo Soma -- Diet quality and taste perception of plant secondary metabolites by Lemur catta / B. Simmen ... [et al.] -- Territory as bet-hedging : Lemur catta in a rich forest and an erratic climate / Alison Jolly ... [et al.] -- Resource defense in Lemur catta : the importance of group size / R. Ethan Pride ... [et al.] -- Social changes in a wild population of ringtailed lemurs (Lemur catta) at Berenty, Madagascar / Shinichiro Ichino and Naoki Koyama -- Obsession with agonistic power / Michael. E. Pereira -- Male and female ringtailed lemurs' energetic strategy does not explain female dominance / Hantanirina Rasamimanana ... [et al.] -- Male sociality and integration during the dispersal process in Lemur catta : a case study / Lisa Gould -- Patterns of health, disease, and behavior among wild ringtailed lemurs, Lemur catta: effects of habitat and sex / Michelle L. Sauther ... [et al.] -- Bald lemur syndrome and the miracle tree : alopecia associated with Leucaena leucocephala at Berenty Reserve, Madagascar / Graham C. Crawford ... [et al.] -- Temporal change in tooth size among ringtailed lemurs (Lemur catta) at the Beza Mahafaly Special Reserve, Madagascar : effects of an environmental fluctuation / Frank P. Cuozzo and Michelle L. Sauther.
- Rotifera X 2005, Springer
- Scaling and uncertainty analysis in ecology 2006, Springer
- Semantic web 2007, Springer
- Serosal membranes (pleura, pericardium, peritoneum) 2006, Springer
- Solanaceae and convolvulaceae - secondary metabolites 2008, Springer
- Stable isotope ecology 2006, Springer
- Statistics for biology and health 2005-, SpringerLink
- Systems biology 2007, CRCnetBASEBasic concepts of systems biology / Andrzej K. Konopka -- Understanding through modeling : a historical perspective and review of biochemical systems theory as a powerful tool for systems biology / Eberhard O. Voit and John H. Schwacke -- Thermostatics : a poster child of systems thinking / Peter Salamon, Anna Salamon, and Andrzej K. Konopka -- Friesian epistemology / Kelley L. Ross -- Reconsidering the notion of the organic / Robert E. Ulanowicz -- The metaphor of "chaos" / Wlodzimierz Klonowksi -- Biological complexity : an engineering perspective / Stephen W. Kercel -- The von Neumann's self-replicator and a critique of its misconceptions / Stephen W. Kercel -- The mathematical structure of thermodynamics / Peter Salamon ... [et al.].
- Systems biology 2007, Springer
- Systems biology 2007, Springer
- Systems biology 2013, SpringerFirst, systems biology is an inter-disciplinary approach, requiring the combined talents of biologists, mathematicians, and computer scientists. Second, systems biology is holistic, with the goal of obtaining a comprehensive understanding of the workings of biological systems. This is achieved through the acquisition of massive amounts of data by high-throughput technologies-oligonucleotide microarrays, mass spectrometry, and next-generation sequencing-and the analysis of this data through sophisticated mathematical algorithms.
- Systems biology. Volume II, Networks, models, and applications 2007, MyiLibrary
- Temporal dimensions of landscape ecology 2007, Springer
- Topics in bone biology v. 2-, 2005-, Springer
- Trends in high pressure bioscience and biotechnology 2002, ScienceDirect
- Trophic and guild interactions in biological control 2006, Springer
- Valuation and conservation of biodiversity 2005, Springer
- Valuation in life sciences. 2nd ed. 2008, Springer
- Viral molecular machines 2012, SpringerViruses: sophisticated biological machines / M.G. Rossmann and V.B. Rao -- F(1)-ATPase: A prototypical rotary molecular motor / K. Kinosita, Jr. -- Principles of virus structural organization / B.V. Prasad and M.F. Schmid -- Reconstructing virus structures from nanometer to near-atomic resolutions with cryo-electron microscopy and tomography / J. Chang ... [et al.] -- Contractile tail machines of bacteriophages / P.G. Leiman and M.M. Shneider -- Long noncontractile tail machines of bacteriophages / A.R. Davidson ... [et al.] -- Short noncontractile tail machines: adsorption and DNA delivery by podoviruses / S.R. Casjens and I.J. Molineux -- Infection of cells by alphaviruses / D.T. Brown and R. Hernandez -- Influenza virus entry / M. Luo -- Molecular mechanisms of HIV entry / C.B. Wilen, J.C. Tilton and R.W. Doms -- Bunyavirus: structure and replication / T.S. Guu, W. Zheng and Y.J. Tao -- Viral polymerases / K.H. Choi -- Chaperonin-mediated folding of viral proteins / Z.L. Hildenbrand and R.A. Bernal -- Building the machines: scaffolding protein functions during bacteriophage morphogenesis / P.E. Prevelige and B.A. Fane -- Bacteriophage HK97 capsid assembly and maturation / R.W. Hendrix and J.E. Johnson -- Lipid-containing viruses: Bacteriophage PRD1 assembly / S.J. Butcher, V. Manole and N.J. Karhu -- Assembly of large icosahedral double-stranded RNA viruses / M.M. Poranen and D.H. Bamford -- The papillomavirus virion: a machine built to hide molecular Achilles' heels / C.B. Buck and B.L. Trus -- Procapsid assembly, maturation, nuclear exit: dynamic steps in the production of infectious herpesvirions / G. Cardone ... [et al.] -- Assembly and architecture of HIV / B.K. Ganser-Pornillos, M. Yeager and O. Pornillos -- Condensed genome structure / L.W. Black and J.A. Thomas -- The bacteriophage DNA packaging machine / M. Feiss and V.B. Rao -- The dsDNA packaging motor in Bacteriophage o29 / M.C. Morais -- Single-molecule studies of viral DNA packaging / Y.R. Chemla and D.E. Smith -- Genome gating in tailed bacteriophage capsids / P. Tavares, S. Zinn-Justin and E.V. Orlova -- Packaging in dsRNA Viruses / L. Mindich -- Mechanism of RNA packaging motor / E.J. Mancini and R. Tuma -- Helical viruses / G. Stubbs and A. Kendall.
- Welfare of cats 2005, SpringerCat behaviour : social organization, communication, and development / by Sharon L. Crowell-Davis -- The assessment of welfare / by Rachel A. Casey and John W.S. Bradshaw -- The human-cat relationship / by Penny L. Bernstein --Behaviour problems and welfare / by Sarah E. Heath -- Cat overpopulation in the United States / by Philip H. Kass -- The welfare of feral cats / by Margaret R. Slater -- Housing and welfare / by Irene Rochlitz -- Disease and welfare / by Kit Sturgess -- Nutrition and welfare / by Kit Sturgess and Karyl J. Hurley -- Breeding and welfare / by Andreas Steiger.
- What sustains life? 2006, SpringerWhat sustains life? an overview -- The pilgrimage: highlights in our understanding of products and components of living organisms -- Likelihood of life's protein machines: extravagant in construction yet efficient in function -- Consilient mechanisms for diverse protein-based machines: the efficient comprehensive hydrophobic effect -- On the evolution of protein-based machines: toward complexity of structure and diversity of function -- Biology thrives near a movable cusp of insolubility -- Consilient mechanisms for the protein-based machines of biology -- Advanced materials for the future: protein-based materials with potential to sustain individual health and societal development -- Appendix 1. Mechanics of elastin: molecular mechanism of biological elasticity and its relationship to contraction / Dan W. Urry and Timothy M. Parker -- Appendix 2. Development of elastic protein-based polymers as materials for acoustic absorption / Dan W. Urry... [et al.]
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases