Books by Subject
- A₃ adenosine receptors from cell biol...
- — Enzyme functionality ...................
- Enzyme kinetics ........................
- — Lipids. 1st ed. ........................
- Liposomes. Part A-G ....................
- — Protein conformational dynamics ........
- Protein design .........................
- — Zinc finger proteins ...................
- Protein design 2006, Springer ProtocolsDesign of structural elementary motifs. Structure and stability of the [alpha]-helix: lessons for design / Neil Errington, Teuku Iqbalsyah, and Andrew J. Doig. De novo design of monomeric [beta]-hairpin and [beta]-sheet peptides / David Pantoja-Uceda, Clara M. Santiveri, and M. Angeles Jiménez. De novo proteins from binary-patterned combinatorial libraries / Luke H. Bradley, Peter P. Thumfort, and Michael H. Hecht. Non-protein amino acids in the design of secondary structure scaffolds / Radhakrishnan Mahalakshmi and Padmanabhan Balaram. Design and synthesis of [beta]-peptides with biological activity / Marc J. Koyack and Richard P. Cheng -- Design of entire proteins and protein complexes. Design of miniproteins by the transfer of active sites onto small-size scaffolds / Franc̦ois Stricher, Loïc Martin, and Claudio Vita. Consensus design as a tool for engineering repeat proteins / Tommi Kajander, Aitziber L. Cortajarena, and Lynne Regan. Multiple sequence alignment as a guideline for protein engineering strategies / Alan R. Davidson. Sequence search methods and scoring functions for the design of protein structures / Hocine Madaoui, Emmanuelle Becker, and Raphael Guerois. Prediction of protein-protein interaction based on structure / Gregorio Fernandez-Ballester and Luis Serrano. Electrostatic design of protein-protein association rates / Gideon Schreiber, Yossi Shaul, and Kay E. Gottschalk -- Design of amyloidogenic polypeptides and amyloid inhibitors. Peptide model systems for amyloid fiber formation: design strategies and validation methods / Alexandra Esteras-Chopo, María Teresa Pastor, and Manuela López de la Paz. Protein misfolding disorders and rational design of antimisfolding agents / Lisbell D. Estrada, June Yowtak, and Claudio Soto.
- Protein engineering 2004, ScienceDirect
- Protein engineering for therapeutics. Part A-B. 1st ed. pt. A-B, 2012., ScienceDirect
- Protein folding kinetics. 2nd ed. 2006, SpringerIntroduction -- Structure of proteins -- Physical interactions that determine the properties of proteins -- Calculation of the kinetic rate constants -- High kinetic resolution of protein folding events -- Kinetic methods for slow reactions -- Resolution of protein structures in solution -- High structural resolution of transient protein conformations -- Experimental problems of the kinetic and structural resolution of reactions that involve proteins -- The folding pathway of protein (barstar) at the resolution of individual residues from microseconds to seconds -- Highly resolved folding pathways and mechanisms of six proteins -- Structural determinants of the rate of protein folding -- Evolutionary computer programming of protein structure and folding.
- Protein folding protocols 2006, Springer Protocols
- Protein interactions 2007, Springer
- Protein metabolism and homeostasis in aging 2010, SpringerSynthesis, modification, and turnover of proteins during aging / Suresh I.S. Rattan -- Regulation of mRNA translation as a conserved mechanism of longevity control / Ranjana Mehta ... [et al.] -- Protein synthesis and the antagonistic pleiotropy hypothesis of aging / Pankaj Kapahi -- Proteasome function determines cellular homeostasis and the rate of aging / Niki Chondrogianni and Efstathios S. Gonos -- Autophagy and longevity : lessons from C. elegans / Kailiang Jia and Beth Levine -- Autophagy and aging : lessons from progeria models / Guillermo Mario, Alvaro F. Fernandez and Carlos Lopez-Oton -- Regulation of protein turnover by longevity pathways / Tibor Vellai and Krisztina Takocs-Vellai -- Protein metabolism and lifespan in Caenorhabditis elegans / Geert Depuydt, Jacques R. Vanfleteren, and Bart P. Braeckman -- Mitochondrial protein quality control systems in aging and disease / Karin Luce, Andrea C. Weil, and Heinz D. Osiewacz --p38MAPK in the senescence of human and murine fibroblasts / Florence Debacq-Chainiaux ... [et al.] -- Protein homeostasis in models of aging and age related conformational disease / Elise A. Kikis, Tali Gidalevitz, and Richard I. Morimoto -- Roles for SUMO modification during senescence / Artemisia M. Andreou and Nektarios Tavernarakis -- Post-translational modification of cellular proteins by ubiquitin and ubiquitin-like molecules : role in cellular senescence and aging / Johannes Grillari, Regina Grillari-Voglauer, and Pidder Jansen-Dorr -- Sensory influence on homeostasis and lifespan : molecules and circuits / Joy Alcedo, Wolfgang Maier, and Queelim Ch'ng -- Regulation of muscle atrophy in aging and disease / Manlio Vinciguerra, Antonio Musaro, and Nadia Rosenthal -- Confronting cellular heterogeneity in studies of protein metabolism and homeostasis in aging research / Louise Boisen and Peter Kristensen.
- Protein misfolding, aggregation, and conformational diseases. Part A, Protein aggregation and conformational diseases 2006, Springer
- Protein movement across membranes 2005, SpringerProtein translocation across the endoplasmic reticulum membrane / Ramanujan S. Hegde -- Preprotein translocation through the sec translocon in bacteria / Antoine P. Maillard, Kenneth K.Y. Chan, and Franck Duong -- Protein translocation in archaea / Jerry Eichler -- Structure of the SecYEG protein translocation complex / Ian Collinson -- Membrane protein insertion in bacteria from a structural perspective / Mark Paetzel and Ross E. Dalbey -- The twin-arginine transport system / Frank Sargent, Ben C. Berks, and Tracy Palmer -- Retro-translocation of proteins across the endoplasmic reticulum membrane / J. Michael Lord and Lynne M. Roberts -- Chloroplast protein targeting: multiple pathways for a complex organelle / Matthew D. Smith and Danny J. Schnell -- The mitochondrial protein import machinery / Doron Rapaport -- Import of proteins into peroxisomes / Sven Thoms and Ralf Erdmann.
- Protein NMR techniques. 2nd ed. 2004, Springer ProtocolsScreening and optimizing protein production in E. coli / Lorraine Hewitt and James M. McDonnell -- Isotopic labeling of recombinant proteins from the methylotrophic yeast Pichia pastoris / Andrew R. Pickford and Joanne M. O'Leary -- Perdeuteration/site-specific protonation approaches for high-molecular-weight proteins / Stephen Matthews -- Segmental isotopic labeling for structural biological applications of NMR / David Cowburn ... [et al.] -- TROSY-based correlation and NOE spectroscopy for NMR structural studies of large proteins / Guang Zhu ... [et al.] -- Media for studies of partially aligned states / Kieran Fleming and Stephen Matthews -- Residual dipolar couplings in protein structure determination / Eva de Alba and Nico Tjandra -- Projection angle restraints for studying structure and dynamics of biomolecules / Christian Griesinger ... [et al.] -- Characterizing domain interfaces by NMR / Luke M. Rooney, Sachchidanand Sachchidanand, and Jörn M. Werner -- Characterization of the overall rotational diffusion of a protein from ¹⁵N relaxation measurements and hydrodynamic calculations / Jennifer Blake-Hall, Olivier Walker, and David Fushman --TROSY-based NMR experiments for the study of macromolecular dynamics and hydrogen bonding / Guang Zhu ... [et al.] -- Measurement of intermediate exchange phenomena / James G. Kempf and J. Patrick Loria -- NMR studies of partially folded molten-globule states / Christina Redfield -- Structure determination of protein complexes by NMR / Daniel Nietlispach ... [et al.] -- NMR studies of protein-nucleic acid interactions / Gabriele Varani, Yu Chen, and Thomas C. Leeper -- Using NMRView to visualize and analyze the NMR spectra of macromolecules / Bruce A. Johnson -- Automated NMR structure calculation with CYANA / Peter Güntert -- NOE assignment with ARIA 2.0: the nuts and bolts / Michael Habeck ... [et al.] -- Membrane protein structure determination using solid-state NMR / Anthony Watts ... [et al.].
- Protein phosphatase protocols. [2nd ed.?] 2006, Springer ProtocolsAnalysis of protein phosphatases / Shirish Shenolikar -- A brief introduction to the protein phosphatase families / Tomas Mustelin -- Small molecule inhibitors of Ser/thr protein phosphatases / Mark Swingle, Li Ni, and Richard E. Honkanen -- Synthesis and use of the protein phosphatase affinity matrices microcystin- and microcystin-biotin-sepharose / Greg Moorhead, Timothy A.J. Haystead, and Carol MacKintosh -- Utilizing protein phosphatase inhibitors to define PP2A as a regulator of ataxia-telangiectasia mutated (ATM) / Aaron A. Goodarzi ... [et al.] -- An automated, fluorescence-based method for continuous assay of PP2A activity / Adam M. Wegner ... [et al.] -- An in vivo assay to quantify stable protein phosphatase 2A (PP2A) heterotrimeric species / Matthew S. Gentry, Richard L. Hallberg, and David C. Pallas -- Mutagenesis and expression of the scaffolding Aa and Ab subunits of PP2A / Ralf Ruediger, Jin Zhou, and Gernot Walter -- Isolation and characterization of PP2A holoenzymes containing FLAG-tagged B subunits / Deanna G. Adams and Brian E. Wadzinski -- Purification of PP2A holoenzymes by sequential immunoprecipitation with anti-peptide antibodies / Gernot Walter, Jin Zhou, and Ralf Ruediger -- Purification of PP2Ac from bovine heart / Hue T. Tran ... [et al.] -- Visualization of intracellular PP1 targeting through transiently and stably expressed fluorescent protein fusions / Laura Trinkle-Mulcahy ... [et al.] -- Yeast two-hybrid screens to identify drosophila PP1-binding proteins / Daimark Bennett and Luke Alphey -- Identification of cellular protein phosphatase-1 regulators / David W. Roadcap, Matthew H. Brush, and Shirish Shenolikar --Assay for 3-way interaction of protein phosphatase-1 (Glc7) with regulatory subunits plus phosphatase inhibitor-2 / Masumi Eto and David L. Brautigan -- Phosphorylation of the protein phosphatase type 1 inhibitor protein, CPI-17, by protein kinase C / Michael P. Walsh ... [et al.] -- Purification of smooth muscle myosin phosphatase using a thiophosphorylated myosin light chain-affinity resin / Merideth Borman and Justin MacDonald -- Proteins interacting with saccharomyces cerevisiae type 1 protein phosphatase catalytic subunit identified by single-step affinity purification and mass spectrometry / Edmund P. Walsh ... [et al.] -- Expression of protein histidine phosphatase in Escherichia coli, purification, and determination of enzyme activity / Nicole Bäumer .. [et al.] -- The use of RNA interference to analyze protein phosphatase function in mammalian cells / Iain Fraser ... [et al.] -- Recognition of a PP2C interaction motif in several plant protein kinases / Niranjan Chakraborty, Ohta Masaru, and Jian-Kang Zhu -- The use of yeast genetic tools to define biological roles of novel protein phosphatases / Joaquín Ariño ... [et al.] -- Targeting of PP2C in budding yeast / Irene Ota and James Mapes -- Phosphatase targets in TOR signaling / Estela Jacinto -- Functional characterization of the small CTD phosphatases (SCPs) / Michele Yeo and Patrick S. Lin -- Genome-scale discovery and characterization of class-specific protein sequences / David Kerk -- Yeast substrate-trapping system for isolating substrates of protein tyrosine phosphatases / Masahide Fukada and Masaharu Noda.
- Protein phosphatases 2003, ScienceDirectSection I. Determination, detection, and localization -- Section II. Interacting proteins and subunits -- Section III. Inhibition, stimulation, and modulation of activity -- Section IV. Expression systems -- Section V. Knockdown and knockout technologies.
- Protein physics 2002, ScienceDirectIntroduction -- Elementary interactions in and around proteins -- Secondary structures of polypeptide chains -- Protein structures -- Cooperative transitions in protein molecules -- Prediction and design of protein structure -- Physical background of protein functions.
- Protein protocols handbook. 3rd ed. 2009, SpringerQuantitation of proteins -- Electrophoresis of proteins and peptides and detection in gels -- Blotting and detection methods -- Chemical modification of proteins and peptide production and purification -- Posttranslational modifications -- Antibody techniques.
- Protein sensors and reactive oxygen species. Part A, Selenoproteins and thioredoxin 2002, ScienceDirect
- Protein sensors and reactive oxygen species. Part B, Thiol enzymes and proteins 2002, ScienceDirect
- Protein sequencing protocols. 2nd ed. 2002, Springer Protocols
- Protein structure prediction. 2nd ed. 2008, Springer ProtocolsA historical perspective of template-based protein structure prediction / Jun-tao Guo, Kyle Ellrott, and Ying Xu -- The assessment of methods for protein structure prediction / Anna Tramontaro ... [et al.] -- Aligning sequences to structures / Liam James McGuffin -- Protein structure prediction using threading / Jinbo Xu, Feng Jiao, and Libo Yu -- Algorithms for multiple protein structure alignment and structure-derived multiple sequence alignment / Maxim Shatsky, Ruth Nussinov, and Haim J. Wolfson -- Indexing protein structures using suffix trees / Feng Gao and Mohammed J. Zaki -- Hidden Markov models for prediction of protein features / Christopher Bystroff and Anders Krogh -- The pros and cons of predicting protein contact maps / Lisa Bartoli ... [et al.] -- Roadmap methods for protein folding / Mark Moll, David Schwarz, and Lydia E. Kavraki -- Scoring functions for de novo protein structure prediction revisited / Shing-Chung Ngan ... [et al.] -- Protein-protein docking : overview and performance analysis / Kevin Wiehe ... [et al.] -- Molecular dynamics simulations of protein folding / Angel E. Garcia.
- Protein targeting, transport & translocation 2002, ScienceDirectIntroduction/overview -- Ross E. Dalbey, Gunnar von Heijne -- Methods in protein targeting, translocation and transport / Ross E. Dalbey, Minyong Chen, Martin Wiedmann -- Targeting sequences / Gunnar von Heijne -- Protein export in bacteria / Arnold J.M. Driessen, Chris van der Does -- Protein sorting at the membrane of the endoplasmic reticulum / Nora G. Haigh, Arthur E. Johnson -- Membrane protein insertion into bacterial membranes and the endoplasmic reticulum / Andreas Kuhn, Martin Spiess -- Disulfide bond formation in prokaryotes and eukaryotes / James Regeimbal, James C.A. Bardwell -- The unfolded protein response / Carmela Sidrauski, Jason H. Brickner, Peter Walter -- Protein quality control in the export pathway: the endoplasmic reticulum and its cytoplasmic proteasome connection / Zlatka Kostova, Dieter H. Wolf -- Translocation of proteins into mitochondria / Thorsten Prinz, Nikolaus Pfanner, Kaye N. Truscott -- The import and sorting of protein in chloroplasts / Jürgen Soll, Colin Robinson, Lisa Heins -- Import of proteins into peroxisomes / Suresh Subramani ... [et al.] -- Nucleocytoplasmic transport / Dirk Görlich, Stefan Jäkel -- Protein transport to the yeast vacuole / Todd R. Graham, Steven F. Nothwehr -- The secretory pathway / Benjamin S. Glick -- Vesicular transport / Joachim Ostermann, Tobias Stauber, Tommy Nilsson -- Conclusion/perspective / Ross E. Dalbey, Gunnar von Heijne.
- Protein-protein interactions 2004, Springer Protocols
- Protein-protein interactions as new drug targets 2008, Springer
- Proteins 2010, SpringerEnergetics of peptide and protein binding to lipid membranes / William C. Wimley -- Membrane association and pore formation by alpha-helical peptides / Burkhard Bechinger -- Role of membrane lipids for the activity of pore forming peptides and proteins / Gustavo Fuertes ... [et al.] -- Cholesterol-dependent cytolysins / Robert J.C. Gilbert -- Laetiporus sulphureus lectin and aerolysin protein family / Jose Miguel Manchero .. [et al.] -- Interfacial interactions of pore-forming colicins / Helen Ridley, Christopher L. Johnson and Jeremy H. Lakey -- Permeabilization of the outer mitochondrial membrane by BCL-2 proteins / Ana J. Garcia-Suez ... [et al.] -- Molecular mechanism of sphingomyelin : specific membrane binding and pore formation by actinoporins / Biserka Bakra and Gregor Anderluh --Hemolysin E (hlye, clya, shea) and related toxins / Stuart Hunt, Jeffrey Green and Peter J. Artymiuk -- Pore formation by cry toxins / Mario Soberin ... [et al.] -- Role of heparan sulfates and glycosphingolipids in the pore formation of basic polypeptides of cobra cardiotoxin / Wen-guey Wu ... [et al.] -- Amyloid peptide pores and the beta sheet conformation / Bruce L. Kagan and Jyothi Thundimadathil.
- Proteomic and metabolomic approaches to biomarker discovery 2013, ScienceDirect
- Proteomic profiling and analytical chemistry 2013, ScienceDirect
- Proteomics and protein-protein interactions 2005, Springer
- Proteomics of human body fluids 2007, SpringerProteomic strategies for analyzing body fluids / Sung-Min Ahn and Richard J. Simpson -- Sample preparation of body fluids for proteomics analysis / Natalia Govorukhina and Rainer Bischoff -- Multiplexed immunoassays for protein profiling in human body fluids / Silke Wittemann ... [et al.] -- Deciphering the hieroglyphics of functional proteomics using small molecule probes / Wayne F. Patton -- Modification-specific proteomic analysis of glycoproteins in human body fluids by mass spectrometry / Jakob Bunkenborg, Per Hagglund, and Ole N. Jensen -- Plasma proteome database / Malabika Sarker, G. Hanumanthu, and Akhilesh Pandey -- 2D PAGE databases for proteins in human body fluids / Christine Hoogland ... [et al.] -- Bioinformatics and experimental design for biomarker discovery / Marc R. Wilkins and Sybille M.N. Hunt -- Integrative omics, pharmacoproteomics and human body fluids / K.K. Jain --The human plasma and serum proteome / Gilbert S. Omenn ... [et al.] -- Proteomics of human urine / Visith Thongboonkerd ... [et al.] -- Proteomics of human cerebrospinal fluid / Margareta Ramström and Jonas Bergquist -- Proteomics of pleural effusion / Joost Hegmans, Annabrita Hemmes, and Bart Lambrecht -- Proteomics of bronchoalveolar lavage fluid and sputum / Ruddy Wattiez, Olivier Michel, and Paul Falmagne -- Proteomics of sinusitis nasal lavage fluid / Begona Casado, Simona Viglio, and James N. Baraniuk -- Proteomics of human saliva / Francisco M.L. Amado ... [et al.] -- Proteomics of human pancreatic juice / Mads Granborg, Anirban Maitra, and Akhilesh Pandey -- Proteomics of human bile / Troels Z. Kristiansen, Anirban Maitra, and Akhilesh Pandey -- Proteomics of amniotic fluid / David Crettaz ... [et al.] --Proteomics of human milk / Amedeo Conti, Maria G. Giuffrida, and Maria Cavaletto -- Proteomics of nipple aspirate fluid in non-lactating women / Edward R. Sauter -- Proteomics of seminal fluid / Benjamin Solomon and Mark W. Duncan -- Proteomics of vitreous fluid / Atsushi Minamoto, Ken Yamane, and Tomoko Yokoyama -- Proteomics of human dialysate and ultrafiltrate fluids yielded by renal replacement therapy / Michael Walden ... [et al.].
- Proteomics protocols handbook 2005, SpringerFulltext Springer Protocols
- Quantitative drug design. 2nd ed. 2010, CRCnetBASEOverview of quantitative drug design -- Noncovalent interactions in biological systems -- Preparation of 3D structures of molecules for 3D QSAR -- Calculating physical properties of molecules -- Biological data -- Form of equations that relate potency and physical properties -- Statistical basis of regression and partial least-squares analysis -- Strategy for the statistical evaluation of a data set of related molecules -- Detailed examples of QSAR calculations on erythromycin esters -- Case studies -- Methods to approach other structure-activity problems.
- Quantitative proteome analysis 2013, CRCnetBASE1. Fluorogenic derivatization followed by HPLC quantification and final identification of proteins by HPLC-tandem mass spectrometry (FD-LC-MS/MS) method / Akiyo Koshiyama, Tomoko Ichibangase, and Kazuhiro Imai -- 2. Two-dimensional difference gel electrophoresis / Viola Ruddat -- 3. Mass spectrometry utilizing isotope-coded affinity tag reagents / Naoyuki Yamada -- 4. Proteomic analyses of post-translational modifications / Wei-Chi Ku and Yasushi Ishihama -- 5. Cardiovascular proteomic analysis / Toru Suzuki and Ryozo Nagai -- 6. The proteome in neurodegenerative diseases / Teruyuki Tsuji, Masahiro Aoki, and Shun Shimohama -- 7. Liver disease-related proteomics / Hirofumi Uto, Yoichiro Takami, Shuji Kanmura, and Hirohito Tsubouchi -- 8. Respiratory disease-related proteome / Masahiro Seike and Akihiko Gemma -- 9. Renal disease-related proteome / Shinya Kaname and Tadashi Yamamoto -- 10. Aging-related proteome / Tosifusa Toda -- 11. Phosphoproteomics of tumor cell lines / Hisafumi Okabe -- 12. HCV infection and mitochondria proteomics / Kyoji Moriya, Takeya Tsutsumi, Hideyuki Miyoshi, and Kazuhiko Koike -- 13. Identification of biomarkers of infectious disease using surface-enhanced laser desorption/ionisation mass spectrometry / Shea Hamilton and Paul R. Langford -- 14. Quantitative proteomic analysis of HIV infection / Li Juan Fu and Sam F.Y. Li.
- Quantitative proteomics by mass spectrometry 2006, Springer ProtocolsAcrylamide: a cysteine alkylating reagent for quantitative proteomics / Illarion V. Turko and Salvatore Sechi -- Using stable isotope tagging and mass spectrometry to characterize protein complexes and to detect changes in their composition / Jeffrey A. Ranish, Marjorie Brand, and Ruedi Aebersold -- Stable isotope labeling by amino acids in cell culture for quantitative proteomics / Shao-En Ong and Matthias Mann -- Quantitative proteomics of mouse brain and specific protein-interaction studies using stable isotope labeling / Toshitaka Sato, Yasushi Ishihama, and Yoshiya Oda -- The absolute quantification strategy: application to phosphorylation profiling of human separase serine 1126 / Scott A. Gerber ... [et al.] -- Quantification of proteins and metabolites by mass spectrometry without isotopic labeling / Sushmita Mimi Roy and Christopher H. Becker -- The use of a quantitative cysteinyl-peptide enrichment technology for high-throughput quantitative proteomics / Tao Liu ... [et al.] --An isotope coding strategy for proteomics involving both amine and carboxyl group labeling / Fred E. Regnier -- Proteolytic labeling with ¹⁸O for comparative proteomics studies: preparation of ¹⁸O-labeled peptides and the ¹⁸O/¹⁶O peptide mixture / Catherine Fenselau and Xudong Yao -- Tandem mass spectrometry in the detection of inborn errors of metabolism for newborn screening / František Tureček, C. Ronald Scott, and Michael H. Gelb -- Absolute quantification of specific proteins in complex mixtures using visible isotope-coded affinity tags / Yu Lu ... [et al.] -- Computational analysis of quantitative proteomics data using stable isotope labeling / Michael J. MacCoss and Christine C. Wu -- Quantitative proteomic analysis of mammalian organisms using metabolically labeled tissues / Christine C. Wu, and Michael J. MacCoss -- Quantitative proteomic analysis of phosphotyrosine-mediated cellular signaling networks / Yi Zhang, Alejandro Wolf-Yadlin, and Forest M. White.
- Quinones and quinone enzymes. Part A-B pt. A-B, 2004., ScienceDirectpt. B, 2004 ScienceDirect
- RAS family GTPases 2006, Springer
- Reactive oxygen metabolites 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Recent advances in nucleosides 2002, ScienceDirect
- Recognition of carbohydrates in biological systems. Part A-B 2003, ScienceDirectFulltext (pt. B) ScienceDirect
- Recombinant proteins from plants 2009, Springer ProtocolsFrom Neanderthal to nanobiotech : from plant potions to pharming with plant factories / Christophe Sourrouille ... [et al.] -- Cowpea mosaic virus-based systems for the expression of antigens and antibodies in plants / Frank Sainsbury, Li Liu, and George P. Lomonossoff -- Transient expression of antibodies in plants using syringe agroinfiltration / Marc-André D'Aoust ... [et al.] -- Rapid system for evaluating bioproduction capacity of complex pharmaceutical proteins in plants / Giuliana Medrano ... [et al.] -- Production and localization of recombinant pharmaceuticals in transgenic seeds / Thomas Rademacher, Elsa Arcalis, and Eva Stoger -- Production of antibody fragments in Arabidopsis seeds / Bart Van Droogenbroeck, Kirsten De Wilde, and Ann Depicker -- Production of plantibodies in Nicotiana plants / Marta Ayala ... [et al.] -- Physcomitrella patens : a non-vascular plant for recombinant protein production / David Liénard and Fabien Nogué -- Production of recombinant proteins in suspension-cultured plant cells / Carole Plasson ... [et al.] -- Chloroplast-derived vaccine antigens and biopharmaceuticals : protocols for expression, purification, or oral delivery and functional evaluation / N. Dolendro Singh, Yi Ding, and Henry Daniell -- Protein body induction : a new tool to produce and recover recombinant proteins in plants / Margarita Torrent, Imma Llop-Tous, and M. Dolors Ludevid -- A case study for plant-made pharmaceuticals comparing different plant expression and production systems / Guy Vancanneyt ... [et al.] -- Glycosylation of antibody therapeutics : optimisation for purpose / Roy Jefferis -- N-glycosylation of plant recombinant pharmaceuticals / Muriel Bardor ... [et al.] -- Companion protease inhibitors to protect recombinant proteins in transgenic plant extracts / Meriem Benchabane ... [et al.] -- Strategies for improving vaccine antigens expression in transgenic plants : fusion to carrier sequences / Jose M. Escribano and Daniel M. Perez-Filgueira -- Immunomodulation of plant function by in vitro selected single-chain Fv intrabodies / Manfred Gahrtz and Udo Conrad -- On-chip detection of low-molecular-weight recombinant proteins in plant crude extracts by SELDI-TOF MS / Amine M. Badri ... [et al.] -- Assessing the risk of undesirable immunogenicity/allergenicity of plant-derived therapeutic proteins / Paul D. Chamberlain -- Biosafety, risk assessment, and regulation of plant-made pharmaceuticals / Penelope A.C. Sparrow and Richard M. Twyman.
- Redox-mediated signal transduction 2008, Springer ProtocolsThe role of redox in signal transduction / John T. Hancock -- The measurement of nitric oxide and its metabolites in biological samples by ozone-based chemiluminescence / Andrew G. Pinder ... [et al.] -- Detection and measurement of reactive oxygen intermediates in mitocondria and cells / Matthew Whiteman ... [et al.] -- Redox-sensitive green fluorescent protein : probes for dynamic intracellular redox responses : a review / Mark B. Cannon and S. James Remington -- Measuring redox changes in vivo in leaves : prospects and technical challenges / Philip M. Mullineaux and Tracy Lawson -- Imaging of intracellular hydrogen peroxide production with hyper upon stimulation of hela cells with Egf / Kseniya N. Markvicheva ... [et al.] -- Tools to investigate ROS sensitive signalling proteins / Radhika Desikan ... [et al.] -- Methods for preparing crystals of reversibly oxidized proteins : crystallization of protein tyrosine phophatase 1b as an example / Annette Salmeen and David Barford -- Methods for the study of redox-mediated changes in p53 structure and function / Kristine Mann -- Redox regulation and trapping sulphenic acid in the peroxide sensitive human mitochondrial branched chain aminotransferase / Susan M. Hutson ... [et al.] -- Detection of carbonylated proteins in 2-D SDS page separations / Rukhsana Sultana ... [et al.] -- Analysis of global and specific changes in the disulfide proteome using redox 2D-PAGE / Robert C. Cumming -- Protein-thiol oxidation from single proteins to proteome-wide analyses / Natacha Le Moan, Frédérique Tacnet, and Michel B. Toledano -- Analysis of redox relationships in the plant cell cycle : determinations of ascorbate, glutathione, and poly (ADPribose) polymerase (PARP) in plant cell cultures / Christine H. Foyer ... [et al.] -- Generation and detection of S-nitrosothiols / Christian Lindermayr, Simone Sell, and Jörg Durner.
- Reelin glycoprotein 2008, Springer
- Regulators and effectors of small GTPases. RAS family 2006, ScienceDirect
- Regulators and effectors of small GTPases. Rho family 2006, ScienceDirect
- Regulators of G-protein signaling. Part A-B pt. A-B, 2004., ScienceDirectpt. B, 2004 ScienceDirect
- Research methods in Biomineralization science 2013, ScienceDirectThis new volume of Methods in Enzymology continues the legacy of this premier serial with quality chapters authored by leaders in the field. This volume covers research methods in biomineralization science, and includes sections on such topics as determining solution chemistry, structure and nucleation; probing structure and dynamics at surfaces; and interfaces mapping biomineral and morphology and ultrastructure.
- Research on nitrification and related processes. Part A-B pt. A-B, 2011., ScienceDirectpt. B, 2011 ScienceDirect
- Resolution of inflammation 2008, Springer
- Retrotransposition, diversity, and the brain 2008, Springer
- RHO family GTPases 2005, Springer
- Rho GTPases in cancer 2010, Springer
- Ribonuclease P 2010, SpringerHistory of RNase P and Overview of Its Catalytic Activity -- The Evolution of RNase P and Its RNA -- Over a Decade of Bacterial Ribonuclease P Modeling -- Structural Studies of Ribonuclease P -- Folding of Bacterial RNase P RNA -- Kinetic Mechanism of Bacterial RNase P -- Roles of Metal Ions in RNase P Catalysis -- Challenges in RNase P Substrate Recognition: Considering the Biological Context -- Archaeal RNase P: A Mosaic of Its Bacterial and Eukaryal Relatives -- Eukaryote RNase P and RNase MRP -- RNase P from Organelles -- Human RNase P and Transcription -- RNase P as a Drug Target -- Ribonuclease P as a Tool.
- Ribonucleases 2011, Springer
- RNA 3D structure analysis and prediction 2012, SpringerIntroduction /Michael Levitt --Modeling RNA Molecules /Neocles Leontis and Eric Westhof --Methods for Predicting RNA Secondary Structure /Kornelia Aigner, Fabian Dre€en and Gerhard Steger --Why Can't We Predict RNA Structure At Atomic Resolution? /Parin Sripakdeevong, Kyle Beauchamp and Rhiju Das --Template-Based and Template-Free Modeling of RNA 3D Structure: Inspirations from Protein Structure Modeling /Kristian Rother, Magdalena Rother, Michał Boniecki, Tomasz Puton and Konrad Tomala, et al. --The RNA Folding Problems: Different Levels of sRNA Structure Prediction /Fredrick Sijenyi, Pirro Saro, Zheng Ouyang, Kelly Damm-Ganamet and Marcus Wood, et al. --Computational Prediction and Modeling Aid in the Discovery of a Conformational Switch Controlling Replication and Translation in a Plus-Strand RNA Virus /Wojciech K. Kasprzak and Bruce A. Shapiro --Methods for Building and Refining 3D Models of RNA /Samuel C. Flores, Magdalena Jonikas, Christopher Bruns, Joy P. Ku and Jeanette Schmidt, et al. --Multiscale Modeling of RNA Structure and Dynamics /Feng Ding and Nikolay V. Dokholyan --Statistical Mechanical Modeling of RNA Folding: From Free Energy Landscape to Tertiary Structural Prediction /Song Cao and Shi-Jie Chen --Simulating Dynamics in RNA-Protein Complexes /John Eargle and Zaida Luthey-Schulten --Quantum Chemical Studies of Recurrent Interactions in RNA 3D Motifs /Jiří Šponer, Judit E. Šponer and Neocles B. Leontis --Nonredundant 3D Structure Datasets for RNA Knowledge Extraction and Benchmarking /Neocles B. Leontis and Craig L. Zirbel --Ions in Molecular Dynamics Simulations of RNA Systems /Pascal Auffinger --Modeling RNA Folding Pathways and Intermediates Using Time-Resolved Hydroxyl Radical Footprinting Data /Joshua S. Martin, Paul Mitiguy and Alain Laederach --A Top-Down Approach to Determining Global RNA Structures in Solution Using NMR and Small-Angle X-ray Scattering Measurements /Yun-Xing Wang, Jinbu Wang and Xiaobing Zuo --RNA Structure Determination by Structural Probing and Mass Spectrometry: MS3D /A. E. Hawkins and D. Fabris.
- RNA and cancer 2013, SpringerCoupling Between Transcription and Alternative Splicing /Ignacio E. Schor, Luciana I. Gómez Acuña, Alberto R. Kornblihtt --Detection of Alternatively Spliced or Processed RNAs in Cancer Using Oligonucleotide Microarray /Marieta Gencheva ... [et al.] --Cancer-Associated Perturbations in Alternative Pre-messenger RNA Splicing /Lulzim Shkreta ... [et al.] --Alternative Splicing of Tumor Suppressors and Oncogenes /Claudia Ghigna, Silvano Riva, Giuseppe Biamonti --MicroRNAs in Cancer /Jianzhong Jeff Xi --The Perinucleolar Compartment: RNA Metabolism and Cancer /John T. Norton, Sui Huang --Regulation of ARE-mRNA Stability by Cellular Signaling: Implications for Human Cancer /Christian Kroun Damgaard, Jens Lykke-Andersen --Alternative Pre-mRNA Splicing, Cell Death, and Cancer /Kong Ruirui ... [et al.] --Oligonucleotide Therapeutics in Cancer /Jing Wan, John A. Bauman, Maria Anna Graziewicz, Peter Sazani --Clinical Perspective on Chemo-Resistance and the Role of RNA Processing /Nancy L. Krett, Shuo Ma, Steven T. Rosen.
- RNA exosome 2011, Springer"The diversity of RNAs inside living cells is amazing. We have known of the more "classic" RNA species: mRNA, tRNA, rRNA, snRNA and snoRNA for some time now, but in a steady stream new types of molecules are being described as it is becoming clear that most of the genomic information of cells ends up in RNA. To deal with the enormous load of resulting RNA processing and degradation reactions, cells need adequate and efficient molecular machines. The RNA exosome is arising as a major facilitator to this effect. Structural and functional data gathered over the last decade have illustrated the biochemical importance of this multimeric complex and its many co-factors, revealing its enormous regulatory power. By gathering some of the most prominent researchers in the exosome field, it is the aim of the book to introduce this fascinating protein complex and to give a timely and rich account of its many functions"--Provided by publisher.
- RNA helicases. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirectThis volume of Methods in Enzymology aims to provide a reference for the diverse, powerful tools used to analyze RNA helicases. The contributions in this volume cover the broad scope of methods in the research on these enzymes. Several chapters describe quantitative biophysical and biochemical approaches to study molecular mechanisms and conformational changes of RNA helicases. Further chapters cover structural analysis, examination of co-factor effects on several representative examples, and the analysis of cellular functions of select enzymes. Two chapters outline approaches to the analysis of inhibitors that target RNA helicases. This volume of Methods in Enzymology aims to provide a reference for the diverse, powerful tools used to analyze RNA helicases The contributions in this volume cover the broad scope of methods in the research on these enzymes.
- RNA interference 2008, SpringerRNA interference in mammalian cell systems / Patrick J. Paddison -- RNAi pathway in C. elegans: the argonautes and collaborators / Marie-Eve L. Boisvert and Martin J. Simard -- Genetics and biochemistry of RNAi in drosophila / Harsh H. Kavi ... [et al.] -- Role of dicer in posttranscriptional RNA silencing / Lukasz Jaskiewicz and Witold Filipowicz -- The mechanism of RNase III action: how dicer dices / Xinhua Ji -- MicroRNA metabolism in plants / Xuemei Chen -- Structure-function relationships among RNA-dependent RNA polymerases / Kenneth K.-S. Ng, Jamie J. Arnold, and Craig E. Cameron -- RNAi-mediated chromatin silencing in fission yeast / Sharon A. White and Robin C. Allshire -- A role for RNAi in heterochromatin formation in drosophila / Nicole C. Riddle and Sarah C.R. Elgin -- RNA mediated transcriptional gene silencing in human cells / Kevin V. Morris -- RNA silencing in mammalian oocytes and early embryos / Petr Svoboda -- Identifying human microRNAs / Isaac Bentwich.
- RNA metabolism in trypanosomes 2012, Springer1. RNA polymerases and transcription factors of trypanosomes / Arthur Günzl -- 2. SL RNA biogenesis in kinetoplastids: a long and winding road / Nancy R. Sturm, Jesse R. Zamudio, and David A. Campbell -- 3. Pre-mRNA splicing in trypanosoma brucei: factors, mechanisms, and regulation / Christian Preusser, Nicolas Jaé, Arthur Günzl, and Albrecht Bindereif -- 4. mRNA turnover in trypanosomes / Christine Clayton -- 5. tRNA biogenesis and processing / Jessica L. Spears, Mary Anne T. Rubio, Paul J. Sample, and Juan D. Alfonzo -- 6. rRNA biogensis in trypanosomes / Shulamit Michaeli -- 7. RNA editing in African trypanosomes: a U-ser's G-U-ide / H. Ulrich Göringer -- 8. The RNA interference pathway in trypanosoma brucei / Elisabetta Ullu, Nikolay G. Kolev, Rebecca L. Barnes, and Christian Tschudi -- 9. Translation in trypanosomatids -- 10. Mitochondrial translation in trypanosomatids / Dmitri A. Maslov and Rajendra K. Agrawal -- 11. RNA-Seq analysis of the transcriptome of trypanosoma brucei / Jan Mani, Kapila Gunasekera, and Isabel Roditi.
- RNA methodologies. 4th ed. 2010, ScienceDirectRNA and the cellular biochemistry revisited -- RNA isolation strategies -- The truth about tissues -- Going green : RNA and the molecular biology of plants -- Isolation of polyadenylated RNA -- Quality control for RNA preparations -- Resilient ribonucleases -- Stringency : conditions that influence nucleic acid structure -- Electrophoresis of RNA -- Photodocumentation and image analysis -- Northern analysis -- Nucleic acid probe technology -- Practical nucleic acid hybridization -- Principles of detection -- Quantifications of specific mRNAs by nuclease protection -- Analysis of nuclear RNA -- cDNA synthesis -- RT-PCR : a science and an art form -- Quantitative PCR techniques -- Functional genomics and transcript profiling -- High-throughput analysis of gene expression -- Non-array methods for global analysis of gene expression -- RNAi : take a RISC-role the dicer -- Genomes, transcriptomes, proteomes, and bioinformatics -- An RNA paradigm.
- RNA polymerases and associated factors. Part C-D pt. C-D, 2003., ScienceDirectpt. D ScienceDirect
- RNA towards medicine 2006, Springer
- RNA turnover in bacteria, archaea and organelles 2008, ScienceDirect
- RNA turnover in eukaryotes 2008, ScienceDirect
- RNA turnover in eukaryotes 2008, ScienceDirect
- Selenium. 3rd ed. 2012, Springer
- Separation science and technology v. 1-, 1998-, ScienceDirect
- Serpin structure and evolution. 1st ed. 2011, ScienceDirectIntracellular production of recombinant serpins in yeast / Dion Kaiserman ... [et al.] -- Production of recombinant serpins in Escherichia coli / Mary C. Pearce and Lisa D. Cabrita -- Isolation and characterization of the nuclear serpin MENT / Sergei Grigoryev and Sheena McGowen -- Solving serpin crystal structures / Randy J. Read, Aiwu Zhou, and Penelope E. Stein -- Crystallography of serpins and serpin complexes / M.A. Dunstone and James Whisstock -- Serpins as hormone carriers : modulation of release / Robin Carrell, Xiaoqiang Qi, and Aiwu Zhou -- Serpin-glycosaminoglycan interactions / Chantelle M. Rein, Umesh R. Desai, and Frank C. Church -- Targeting serpins in high-throughput and structure-based drug design / Yi-Ping Chang ... [et al.] -- Development of inhibitors of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 / Shih-Hon Li and Daniel A. Lawrence -- Bioinformatic approaches for the identification of serpin genes with multiple reactive site loop coding exons / Stefan Börner and Hermann Ragg -- Methods to measure the kinetics of protease inhibition by serpins / Anita J. Horvath ... [et al.] -- Predicting serpin/protease interactions / Jiangning Song ... [et al.] -- Amino-Terminal Oriented Mass spectrometry of Substrates (ATOMS) : N-terminal sequencing of proteins and proteolytic cleavage sites by quantitative mass spectrometry / Alain Doucet and Christopher M. Overall -- Computational methods for studying serpin conformational change and structural plasticity / Itamar Kass, Cyril F. Reboul, and Ashley M. Buckle -- Probing serpin conformational change using mass spectrometry and related methods / Yuko Tsutsui, Anindya Sarkar, and Patrick L. Wintrode -- Determining serpin conformational distributions with single molecule fluorescence / Nicole Mushero and Anne Gershenson -- Serpin polymerization in vitro / James A. Huntington and Masayuki Yamasaki -- The serpinopathies : studying serpin polymerization in vivo / James A. Irving ... [et al.].
- Signal transduction in the retina 2008, CRCnetBASE
- Signal transduction protocols. 2nd ed. 2004, Springer ProtocolsAssaying cytochrome c translocation during apoptosis / Nigel J. Waterhouse ... [et al.].Making protein immunoprecipitates / Elaine A. Elion and Yunmei Wang -- Signal transduction inhibitors in cellular function / Maofu Fu ... [et al.] -- Two-dimensional gel electrophoresis for the identification of signaling targets / Yukihito Kabuyama ... [et al.] -- A high-throughput mammalian cell-based transient transfection assay / Daniel J. Noonan, Kenneth Henry, and Michelle L. Twaroski -- Determining protein half-lives / Pengbo Zhou -- Assaying protein kinase activity / Jan Brábek and Steven K. Hanks -- Comparative phosphorylation site mapping from gel-derived proteins using a multidimensional ES/MS-based approach / Francesca Zappacosta, Michael J. Huddleston and Roland S. Annan -- Studies of calmodulin-dependent regulation / Paul C. Brandt and Thomas C. Vanaman -- Measurement of protein-DNA interactions in vivo by chromatin immunoprecipitation -- Hogune Im ... [et al.] -- Characterization of protein-DNA association in vivo by chromatin immunoprecipitation / Laurent Kuras --Nonradioactive methods for detecting activation of Ras-related small G proteins / Douglas A. Andres -- Nucleocytoplasmic glycosylation, O-GlcNAc: identification and site mapping / Natasha Elizabeth Zachara, Win Den Cheung, and Gerald Warren Hart -- Techniques in protein methylation / Jaeho Lee, Donghang Cheng, and Mark T. Bedford -- Assaying lipid phosphate phosphatase activities / Gil-Soo Han and George M. Carman -- Assaying phosphoinositide phosphatases / Gregory S. Taylor and Jack E. Dixon -- Assaying phospholipase A₂ activity / Christina C. Leslie and Michael H. Gelb -- Measurement and immunofluorescence of cellular phosphinositides / Hiroko Hama ... [et al.] -- Measuring dynamic changes in cAMP using fluorescence resonance energy transfer / Sandrine Evellin ... [et al.] -- In vivo detection of protein-protein interaction in plant cells using BRET / Chitra Subramanian ... [et al.] -- Revealing protein dynamics by photobleaching techniques / Frank van Drogen and Matthias Peter --
- Signaling by toll-like receptors 2008, CRCnetBASEAssessing the response of cells to TLR stimulation / Kiyoshi Takeda, Masahiro Yamamoto, and Kenya Honda -- TLR ligands in experimental settings their purity and specificity / Min-Fu Tsan -- Analysis of TLR expression, regulation, and signaling / Hui Xiao, Xiaoxia Li, and Derek W. Abbott -- Intracellular trafficking of toll-like receptors / Harald Husebye ... [et al.] -- The role of small RhoGTPases in TLR signaling / Monica Ruse and Ulla G. Knaus --Use of engineered [beta]-lactamase fragment complementation to detect the associations of toll-like receptors and signaling adaptors / Hyun-Ku Lee and Peter S. Tobias -- Use of toll-like receptor chimeras to dissect mechanisms of receptor localization and signaling / Tadashi Nishiya and Anthony L. DeFranco -- Engagement of toll-like receptors modulates chemokine receptor signaling / Chong-Shan Shi and John H. Kehrl -- Role of toll-like receptor signaling in central nervous system infections / Tammy Kielian -- The influence of injury on toll-like receptor responses / Thomas J. Murphy ... [et al.].
- Smad signal transduction 2006, Springer
- Small GTPases in disease. Part A-B pt. A-B, 2008., ScienceDirect
- Small-molecule inhibitors of protein-protein interactions 2011, SpringerHydrogen-bonded synthetic mimics of protein secondary structure as disruptors of protein-protein interactions / M.J. Adler, A.G. Jamieson and Andrew D. Hamilton -- Small-molecule inhibitors of IL-2/IL-2R : Lessons learned and applied / C.G. Wilson and M.R. Arkin -- Small molecule inhibitors of the human papillomavirus E1-E2 interaction / P.W. White, Anne-Marie Faucher and Nathalie Goudreau -- Design of small-molecule Smac mimetics as IAP antagonists / Shaomeng Wang -- Small-molecule inhibitors reveal a new function for Bcl-2 as a proangiogenic signaling molecule / Benjamin D. Zeitlin and Jacques E. Nör -- Small-molecule modulators of c-Myc/Max and Max/Max interactions / Thorsten Berg -- Small-molecule inhibitors of the p53-MDM2 interaction / Binh T. Vu and Lyubomir Vassilev.
- Sodium calcium exchange 2013, Springer
- Spectral techniques in proteomics 2007, CRCnetBASEThe systems-based approach to proteomics and chemical proteomics / Daniel S. Sem -- Similarities in protein binding sites / Hugo O. Villar, Mark R. Hansen, and Richard Kho -- Survey of spectral techniques used to study proteins / Daniel S. Sem -- Capillary electrophoresis, mass spectrometry for characterization of peptides and proteins / Christian Neusüss and Matthias Pelzing -- Protein and peptide analysis by matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization tandem mass spectrometry (Maldi MS/MS) / Emmanuelle Sachon and Ole Nørregaard Jensen -- Characterization of glycosylated proteins by mass spectrometry using microcolumns and enzymatic digestion / Per Hägglund and Martin R. Larsen -- Surface-enhanced laser desorption/ionization protein biochip technology for proteomics research and assay development / Scot R. Weinberger ... [et al.] --An approach to the reproducibility of SELDI profiling / Walter S. Liggett ... [et al.] -- Mass spectrometric applications in immunoproteomics / Anthony W. Purcell ... [et al.] -- Near-infrared fluorescence detection of antigen-antibody interactions on microarrays / Sakanyan Vehary and Yeretssian Garabet -- Application of shotgun proteomics to transcriptional regulatory pathways / Amber L. Mosley and Michael P. Washburn -- Electrophoretic NMR of protein mixtures and its proteomic applications / Qiuhong He, Sunitha B. Thakur, and Jeremy Spater -- Characterizing proteins and proteomes using isotope-coded mass spectrometry / Uma Kota and Michael B. Goshe -- Surface plasmon resonance biosensors’ contributions to proteome mapping / Rebecca L. Rich and David G. Myszka -- Application of in-cell NMR spectrocopy to investigation of protein behavior and ligand-protein interaction inside living cells / Volker Dötsch -- An overview of metabonomics techniques and applications / John C. Lindon, Elaine Holmes, and Jeremy K. Nicholson -- NMR-based structural proteomics / John L. Markley -- Leveraging x-ray structural information in gene family-based drug discovery: application to protein kinases / Marc Jacobs ... [et al.] -- EPR spectroscopy in genome-wide expression studies / Richard Cammack -- Summary of chapters and future prospects for spectral techniques in proteomics / Daniel S. Sem.
- Spectroscopic data of steroid glycosides v. 1-6, 2006., Springerv. 2, 2006 Springerv. 3, 2006 Springerv. 4, 2006 Springerv. 5, 2006 Springerv. 6, 2006 Springerv. 1. Cholestanes, ergostanes, withanolides, stigmastane -- v. 2. Stigmastanes, furostanes, spirtostanes-- v. 3. Spirostanes, bufanolides, cardenolides-- v. 4. Cardenolides and pregnanes -- v. 5. Pregnanes, androstanes, and miscellaneous -- v. 6. Miscellaneous steroids and indexes.
- Sphingolipid biology 2006, Springer
- Sphingolipids 2013, SpringerSphingolipids are lipid components of the plasma membrane in eukaryotic cells. They have an important function in signaling mechanisms in the cell. This book on sphingolipids provides insights into the basics of sphingolipid biology and drug development, with a particular emphasis on the sphingolipid derivative ceramide. In the first part basic functions of sphingolipids are described, as well as the genetics of important enzymes, sphingolipid metabolism and synthesis. The second part of this first volume focuses on drug development and pharmacology. The book is intended for scientists in pharmacology, biochemistry and cell biology with a focus on biomedical research as well as for clinicians working in pharmacology, oncology, cardiology, neurology and infectious disease. Together with Volume 216 by the same editors, the collection represents a unique, comprehensive work on sphingolipids, providing information on both sphingolipids' basic biology (including synthesis, metabolism and cell biology) and their important function in a (patho-)physiological context.
- Sphingolipids as signaling and regulatory molecules 2010, SpringerAn overview of sphingolipid metabolism : from synthesis to breakdown / Christopher R. Gault, Lina M. Obeid, and Yusuf A. Hannun -- Sphingolipid transport / Laura Riboni, Paola Giussani and Paola Viani -- Sphingolipid analysis by high performance liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry (HPLC-MS/MS) / Jacek Bielawski ... [et al.] -- Ceramide synthases : roles in cell physiology and signaling / Johnny Stiban, Rotem Tidhar and Anthony H. Futerman -- Tales and mysteries of the enigmatic sphingomyelin synthase family / Joost C.M. Holthuis and Chiara Luberto -- Ceramide in stress response / Mariana N. Nikolova-Karakashian and Krassimira A. Rozenova -- Animal models for studying the pathophysiology of ceramide / Toshihiko Kawamori -- Ceramide 1-phosphate in cell survival and inflammatory signaling / Antonio Gómez-Muñoz ... [et al.] -- Ceramide-1-phosphate in phagocytosis and calcium homeostasis / Vania Hinkovska-Galcheva and James A. Shayman -- Extracellular and intracellular actions of sphingosine-1-phosphate / Graham M. Strub ... [et al.] -- Glucosylceramide in humans / Maria C. Messner and Myles C. Cabot -- Gangliosides as regulators of cell membrane organization and functions / Sandro Sonnino and Alessandro Prinetti -- Cancer treatment strategies targeting sphingolipid metabolism / Babak Oskouian and Julie D. Saba -- Therapeutic strategies for diabetes and complications : a role for sphingolipids? / Todd E. Fox and Mark Kester -- Roles for sphingolipids in Saccharomyces cerevisiae / Robert C. Dickson -- Sphingolipid signaling in fungal pathogens / Ryan Rhome and Maurizio Del Poeta -- Sphingolipids in parasitic protozoa / Kai Zhang, James D. Bangs and Stephen M. Beverley -- Biosynthesis of sphingolipids in plants (and some of their functions) / Simone Zäuner, Philipp Ternes, and Dirk Warnecke -- Computational analysis of sphingolipid pathway systems / Eberhard O. Voit, Fernando Alvarez-Vasquez, and Yusuf A. Hannun.
- Sphingolipids in disease 2013, SpringerSphingolipids in Cancer.Sphingosine Kinase/Sphingosine 1-Phosphate Signaling in Cancer Therapeutics and Drug Resistance /Shanmugam Panneer Selvam, Besim Ogretmen --Using ASMase Knockout Mice to Model Human Diseases /Guoqiang Hua, Richard Kolesnick --New Perspectives on the Role of Sphingosine 1-Phosphate in Cancer /Susan Pyne, Nigel J. Pyne --Sphingolipids and Response to Chemotherapy /Marie-Thérèse Dimanche-Boitrel, Amélie Rebillard --Lung Cancer and Lung Injury: The Dual Role of Ceramide /Tzipora Goldkorn, Samuel Chung, Simone Filosto --Sphingolipids' Role in Radiotherapy for Prostate Cancer /Carla Hajj, Adriana Haimovitz-Friedman --Sphingolipids in Cardio-Reno-vascular Diseases.Sphingolipid Metabolism and Atherosclerosis /Xian-Cheng Jiang, Jing Liu --Cardiovascular Effects of Sphingosine-1-Phosphate (S1P) /Bodo Levkau --Cross Talk Between Ceramide and Redox Signaling: Implications for Endothelial Dysfunction and Renal Disease /Pin-Lan Li, Yang Zhang --Sphingolipids in Inflammation, Infection and Lung Diseases.Sphingolipids in Lung Endothelial Biology and Regulation of Vascular Integrity /Taimur Abbasi, Joe G. N. Garcia --Sphingolipids in Acute Lung Injury /Stefan Uhlig, Yang Yang --The Involvement of Sphingolipids in Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Diseases /Irina Petrache, Daniela N. Petrusca --Ceramide in Cystic Fibrosis /Heike Grassmé, Joachim Riethmüller, Erich Gulbins --Regulation of the Sphingosine Kinase/Sphingosine 1-Phosphate Pathway /K. Alexa Orr Gandy, Lina M. Obeid --Bacterial Infections and Ceramide /Heike Grassmé, Katrin Anne Becker --Viral Infections and Sphingolipids /Jürgen Schneider-Schaulies, Sibylle Schneider-Schaulies --Ceramide in Plasma Membrane Repair /Annette Draeger, Eduard B. Babiychuk --Sphingolipids and Inflammatory Diseases of the Skin /Burkhard Kleuser, Lukasz Japtok --Sphingolipids in Obesity, Type 2 Diabetes, and Metabolic Disease /S. B. Russo, J. S. Ross, L. A. Cowart --Sphingolipids in Neuro-psychiatry and Muscle Diseases.Neuronal Forms of Gaucher Disease /Einat B. Vitner, Anthony H. Futerman Sphingolipids in Neuroinflammation /Laura Davies, Klaus Fassbender, Silke Walter --Sphingolipids in Psychiatric Disorders and Pain Syndromes /C. Mühle, M. Reichel, E. Gulbins, J. Kornhuber --Role of Sphingosine 1-Phosphate in Skeletal Muscle Cell Biology /Paola Bruni, Chiara Donati.
- Springer handbook of enzymes. 2nd ed. 22-, 2005-v. 1. Class 5: Isomerases -- v. 2. Class 6: Ligases -- v. 3. Class 4: Lyases I -- v. 4. Class 4: Lyases II -- v. 5. Class 4: Layases III -- v. 6. Class 3.4: Hydrolases I -- v. 7. Class 3.4: Hydrolases II -- v. 8. Class 3.4: Hydrolases III -- Index A: Synonym -- v. 9. Class 3.1: Hydrolases IV -- v. 10. Class 3.1: Hydrolases V -- v. 11. Class 3.1: Hydroclass VI -- v. 12. Class 3.2: Hydrolases VII -- v. 13. Class 3.2: Hydrolases VIII -- v. 14. Class 3.2-3.5: Hydrolases IX -- v. 15. Class 3.5-3.12: Hydrolases X -- v. 16. Class 1: Oxidoreductases I -- v. 17. Class 1: Oxidoreductases II -- v. 18. Class 1: Oxidoreductases III -- v. 19. Class 1: Oxidoreductases IV -- v. 20. Class 1: Oxidoreductases V. Class 1: Oxidoreductases VI -- v. 22. Class 1: Oxidoreductases VII -- v. 23. Class 1: Oxidoreductases VIII. -- v. 24. Class 1: Oxidoreductases IX -- v. 25. Class 1: Oxidoreductases X -- v. 26. Class 1: Oxidoreductases XI -- v. 27. Class 1: Oxidoreductases XII -- v. 28. Class 2: Transferases I -- v. 29. Class 2: Transferases II -- v. 30. Class 2: Transferases III -- v. 31. Class 2: Transferases IV -- v. 32. Class 2: Transferases V -- v. 33. Class 2: Transferases VI EC 22.214.171.124-126.96.36.199 -- v. 34. Class 2: Transferases VI EC 188.8.131.52-184.108.40.206 -- v. 35. Class 2: Transferases VIII -- v. 36. Class 2: Transferases IX -- v. 37. Class 2: Transferases X -- v. 38. Class 2: Transferases XI -- v. 39. Class 2: Transferases XII -- v. S1. Class 1: Oxidoreductases EC 1 -- v. S2. Class 2: Transferases EC 2.1-2.7.10 -- v. S3. Class 2: Transferases EC 220.127.116.11-18.104.22.168 -- v. S4. Class 2: Transferases EC 22.214.171.124-2.8 -- v. S5. Class 3: Hydrolases EC 3.1-3.4.21 -- v. S6. Class 3: Hydrolases EC3.4.22-3.13 -- v. S7. Class 4-6: Lyases, Isomerases, Ligases EC 4-6.
- Store-operated Ca2+ entry (SOCE) pathways 2012, Springer
- Stress-activated protein kinases 2008, Springer
- Structural perspective on respiratory Complex I 2012, SpringerPart 1.Structure and mechanism of complex I --Structure of Complex I /Rouslan G. Efremov and Leonid Sazanov --On the Mechanism of the Respiratory Complex I /Thorsten Friedrich, Petra Hellwig and Oliver Einsle --Iron-Sulfur Clusters in Complex I /Eiko Nakamaru-Ogiso --Current Topics of the Inhibitors of Mitochondrial Complex I /Hideto Miyoshi --My Fifty Years Association with Complex I Study /Tomoko Ohnishi --Part 2.Evolution of complex I --The Evolutionary Relationship Between Complex I and [NiFe]-Hydrogenase /Anne Volbeda and Juan C. Fontecilla-Camps --Recruitment of the Antiporter Module - A Key Event in Complex I Evolution /Vamsi Krishna Moparthi and Cecilia Hägerhäll --Part 3.Mutations in complex I subunits and medical implications --Characterization of Bacterial Complex I (NDH-1) by a Genetic Engineering Approach /Takao Yagi, Jesus Torres-Bacete, Prem Kumar Sinha, Norma Castro-Guerrero and Akemi Matsuno-Yagi --Cellular Consequences of mtDNA-Encoded Mutations in NADH:Ubiquinone Oxidoreductase /Mina Pellegrini, Jan A. M. Smeitink, Peter H. G. M. Willems and Werner J. H. Koopman --Part 4.Subunit composition and assembly of mitochondrial complex I --The Assembly of Human Complex I /Jessica Nouws, Maria Antonietta Calvaruso and Leo Nijtmans --Complexes I in the Green Lineage /Claire Remacle, Patrice Hamel, Véronique Larosa, Nitya Subrahmanian and Pierre Cardol --Part 5.Supercomplexes in mitochondria --Supramolecular Organization of the Respiratory Chain /Janet Vonck.
- Structural proteomics 2008, Springer ProtocolsTarget selection for structural genomics : an overview / Russell L. Marsden and Christine A. Orengo -- A general target selection method for crystallographic proteomics / Gautier Robin ... [et al.] -- Target selection : triage in the structural genomics battlefield / James Raftery -- Data management in structural genomics : an overview / Sabrina Haquin ... [et al.] -- Data deposition and annotation at the worldwide protein data bank / Shuchismita Dutta ... [et al.] -- Prediction in protein disorder / Zsuzsanna Dosztányi and Peter Tompa -- Protein domain prediction / Helgi Ingolfsson and Golan Yona -- Protein structure modeling with MODELLER / Narayanan Eswar ... [et al.] -- High throughput cloning with restriction enzymes / Volker Sievert, Asgar Ergin, and Konrad Bussow -- Automated recombinant protein expression screening in Escherichia coli / Didier Busso ... [et al.] -- From no expression to high-level soluble expression in Escherichi coli by screening a library of the target proteins with randomized N-termini / Kyoung Hoon Kim ... [et al.] -- Application of high-throughput methodologies to the expression of recombinant proteins in E. coli / Yoav Peleg and Tamar Unger -- A high throughput platform for eukaryotic genes / Yunjia Chen ... [et al.] -- High throughput production of recombinant human proteins for crystallography / Opher Gileadi ... [et al.] -- Assembly of protein complexes by coexpression in prokaryotic and eukaryotic hosts : an overview / Anastassis Perrakis and Christophe Romier -- Cell-free protein synthesis for analysis by NMR spectroscopy / Margit A. Apponyi ... [et al.] --A medium or high throughput protein refolding assay / Nathan P. Cowieson ... [et al.] -- Structural proteomics of membrane proteins : a survey of published techniques and design of a rational high throughput strategy / Melissa Swope Willis and Christopher M. Koth -- Methods for protein characterization by mass spectrometry, thermal shift (ThermoFluor) assay, and multiangle or static light scattering / Joanne E. Nettleship ... [et al.] -- High throughput methods for analyzing transition metals in proteins on a microgram scale / Anelia Atanassova, Martin Högbom, and Deborah B. Zamble -- High throughput screening of purified proteins for enzymatic activity / Michael Proudfoot ... [et al.] -- Strategies for improving crystallization success rates / Rebecca Page -- Protein crystallization in restricted geometry : advancing old ideas for modern times in structural proteomics / Joseph D. Ng, Raymond C. Stevens, and Peter Kuhn -- Fluorescence approaches to growing macromolecule crystals / Marc Pusey, Elizabeth Forsythe, and Aniruddha Achari -- Efficient macromoleular crystallization using microfluidics and randomized design of screening reagents / Andrew P. May and Brent W. Segelke -- Increasing protein crystallization screening success with heterogeneous nucleating agents / Anil S.Thakur ... [et al.] -- High throughput pH optimization of protein crystallization / Ran Meged, Orly Dym, and Joel L. Sussman -- Automated structure solution with the PHENIX suite / Peter H. Zwart ... [et al.] -- NMR screening for rapid protein characterization in structural proteomics / Justine M. Hill -- Microcoil NMR spectroscopy : a novel tool for biological high throughput NMR spectroscopy / Russell E. Hopson and Wolfgang Peti --Protein structure determination using a combination of cross-linking, mass spectrometry, and molecular modeling / Dmitri Mouradov ... [et al.] -- Structural genomics of minimal organisms : pipeline and results / Sung-Hou Kim ... [et al.] -- Structural genomics of pathogenic protozoa : an overview / Erkang Fan ... [et al.] -- High throughput crystallography at SGC Toronto : an overview / Alexey Bochkarev and Wolfram Tempel -- The structural biology and genomics platform in Strasbourg : an overview / Didier Busso, Jean-Claude Thierry, and Dino Moras -- Bacterial structural genomics initiative : overview of methods and technologies applied to the process of structure determination / Miroslaw Cygler ... [et al.] -- High-throughput protein production and crystallization at NYSGXRC / Michael J. Sauder ... [et al.] -- Overview of the pipeline for structural and functional characterization of macrophage proteins at the University of Queensland / Weining Meng ... [et al.] -- Structural genomics of the bacterial mobile metagenome : an overview / Andrew Robinson ... [et al.].
- Structure and function of intrinsically disordered proteins 2010, CRCnetBASEPrinciples of protein structure and function -- A brief history of protein disorder -- Indirect techniques for recognizing and characterizing protein disorder -- Hydrodynamic techniques -- Spectroscopic techniques for characterizing disorder -- Nuclear magnetic resonance -- Proteomic approaches for the identification of IDPs -- IDPs under conditions approaching in vivo -- Prediction of disorder -- Structure of IDPs -- Biological processes enriched in disorder -- Molecular functions of disordered proteins -- Evolution and prevalence of disorder -- Extension of the structure-function paradigm -- Structural disorder and disease.
- Subcellular proteomics 2007, Springer
- Superoxide distumase 2002, ScienceDirect
- Taurine. 6 2006, Springer
- Taurine. 7 2009, Springer
- Taurine. 8 v. 1-2, 2013., Springerv.2 SpringerVolume 1. The Nervous system, immune system, diabetes and the cardiovascular system -- Volume 2. Nutrition and metabolism, protective role, and role in reproduction, development, and differientiation.
- Ten Years of Progress in GW/P Body Research 2013, SpringerIntroduction: The GW Body Story as an Example of Autoantibodies with Significant Impacts to Molecular Cell Biology -- The Discovery of GW Bodies -- The Discovery and Analysis of P Bodies -- Autoantibodies to Argonaute 2 (Su Antigen) -- GW/P-Bodies and Autoimmune Disease -- Function of GW182 and GW Bodies in siRNA and miRNA Pathways -- Post-transcriptional Stimulation of Gene Expression by MicroRNAs -- Gawky (GW) is the Drosophila melanogaster GW182 Homologue -- The Role of GW182 Proteins in miRNA-Mediated Gene Silencing -- Quantifying Argonaute Proteins In and Out of GW/P-Bodies: Implications in microRNA Activities -- Deadenylation and P-Bodies -- Relationship of GW/P-Bodies with Stress Granules -- Relationship of Other Cytoplasmic Ribonucleoprotein Bodies (cRNPB) to GW/P Bodies -- An SNP in the Trinucleotide Repeat Region of the TNRC6A Gene Maps to a Major TNGW1 Autoepitope in Patients with Autoantibodies to GW182 -- Reflections on Ten Years of History of, and Future Prospects for, GW182 and GW/P Body Research.
- Tetrapyrroles 2009, SpringerAn historical introduction to porphyrin and chlorophyll synthesis / Michael R. Moore -- Biosynthesis of 5-aminolevulinic acid / Dieter Jahn and Dirk W. Heinz -- 5-aminolaevulinic acid dehydratase, porphobilinogen deaminase and uroporphyrinogen III synthase / Heidi L. Schubert, Peter T. Erskine and Jonathan B. Cooper -- Transformation of uroporphyrinogen III into protohaem / Johanna E. Cornah and Alison G. Smith -- Inherited disorders of haem synthesis: the human porphyrias / Michael N. Badminton and George H. Elder -- Heme degradation: mechanistic and physiological implications / Angela Wilks -- Regulation of mammalian heme biosynthesis / Amy E. Medlock and Harry A. Dailey -- Tetrapyrroles in photodynamic therapy / David I. Vernon and Ian Walker -- Heme transport and incorporation into proteins / Linda Thöny-Meyer -- Heme and hemoproteins / Andrew W. Munro ... [et al.] -- Novel heme-protein interactions: some more radical than others / Ann Smith -- Synthesis and role of bilins in photosynthetic organisms / Nicole Frankenberg-Dinkel and Matthew J. Terry -- Phytochromes: bilin-linked photoreceptors in bacteria and plants / Matthew J. Terry and Alex C. McCormac --Biosynthesis of chlorophyll and bacteriochlorophyll / Derren J. Heyes and C. Neil Hunter -- Regulation of tetrapyrrole synthesis in higher plants / Matthew J. Terry and Alison G. Smith -- Regulation of the late steps of chlorophyll biosynthesis / Wolfhart Rudiger -- Chlorophyll breakdown / Bernhard Kräutler -- Vitamin B12: biosynthesis of the corrin ring / Ross M. Graham, Evelyne Deery and Martin J. Warren -- Conversion of cobinamide into coenzyme B12 / Jorge C. Escalante-Semerena ... [et al.] -- The regulation of cobalamin biosynthesis / Jeffrey G. Lawrence -- Coenzyme B12-catalyzed radical isomerizations / Dominique Padovani and Ruma Banerjee -- Biosynthesis of siroheme and coenzyme F430 / Martin J. Warren, Evelyne Deery and Ruth-Sarah Rose -- Role of coenzyme F430 in methanogenesis / Evert C. Duin -- The role of siroheme in sulfite and nitrite reductases / M. Elizabeth Stroupe and Elizabeth D. Getzoff -- The role of heme d1 in denitrification / Stuart J. Ferguson.
- Therapeutic applications of quadruplex nucleic acids. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirect"Therapeutic applications of quadruplex nucleic acids provides a single comprehensive survey that describes and assesses recent advances in quadruplex therapeutics and targeting strategies. It also covers the underlying fundamentals of such topics as quadruplex structure, small-molecule recognition, biological roles of genomic quadruplexes, and quadruplex informatics"--P. 4 of cover.
- Therapeutic proteins 2005, Springer ProtocolsBiopharmaceutical proteins: opportunities and challenges / John R. Birch and Yemi Onakunle -- Expression of antibody fragments by periplasmic secretion in Escherichia coli / Andrew G. Popplewell ... [et al.] -- Secretory production of therapeutic proteins in Escherichia coli / Sang Yup Lee, Jong Hyun Choi, and Sang Jun Lee -- Expression of recombinant LTB protein in marine vibrio VSP60 / Wang Yili and Si Lusheng -- Heterologous gene expression in yeast / Lee J. Byrne, Kenneth J. O'Callaghan, and Mick F. Tuite -- Pharmaceutical proteins from methylotrophic yeasts / Eric C. de Bruin ... [et al.] -- Expression of human papillomavirus type 16 L1 in baculovirus expression systems: a case study / Zheng Jin, Si Lusheng, and Wang Yili -- Large-scale transient expression of therapeutic proteins in mammalian cells / Sabine Geisse, Martin Jordan, and Florian M. Wurm -- Site-specific integration for high-level protein production in mammalian cells / Bhaskar Thyagarajan and Michele P. Calos -- Production of recombinant therapeutic proteins by mammalian cells in suspension culture / Lily Chu, Ilse Blumentals, and Gargi Maheshwari -- Transgene control engineering in mammalian cells / Beat P. Kramer and Martin Fussenegger -- Fusion to albumin as a means to slow the clearance of small therapeutic proteins using the Pichia pastoris espression system: a case study / William P. Sheffield, Teresa R. McCurdy, and Varsha Bhakta -- High throughput recovery of therapeutic proteins from the inclusion bodies of Escherichia coli: an overview / Amulya K. Panda -- Isolation, solubilization, refolding, and chromatographic purification of recombinant human growth hormone from inclusion bodies of Escherichia coli cells: a case study / Surinder M. Singh ... [et al.] -- Large-scale preparation of factor VIIa from human plasma: a case study / Teruhisa Nakashima and Kazuhiko Tomokiyo -- Purification of clinical-grade monoclonal antibodies by chromatographic methods / Alberto L. Horenstein, Ilaria Durelli, and Fabio Malavasi -- Virus elimination and validation / Nicola Boschetti and Anna Johnston -- Virus removal by nanofiltration / Marina Korneyeva and Scott Rosenthal --Determining residual host cell antigen levels in purified recombinant proteins by slot blot and scanning laser densitometry / Aaron P. Miles, Daming Zhu, and Allan Saul -- Principles of biopharmaceutical protein formulation: an overview / Scott P. Sellers and Yuh-Fun Maa -- Solid-state protein formulation: methodologies, stability, and excipient effects / Yuh-Fun Maa and Scott P. Sellers -- Stabilization of therapeutic proteins by chemical and physical methods / Ken-ichi Izutsu -- Extraction and characterization of vaccine antigens from water-in-oil adjuvant formulations / Aaron P. Miles and Allan Saul -- Probing reversible self-association of therapeutic proteins by sedimentation velocity in the analytical ultracentrifuge / Bernardo Perez-Ramirez and John J. Steckert -- Biological characterization of pegylated interferons: a case study / Lei Xie ... [et al.] -- Characterization of interferon [alpha]-2B pegylated via carboxyalkylation: a case study / David C. Wylie ... [et al.] -- Quantifying recombinant proteins and their degradation products using SDS-PAGE and scanning laser densitometry / Aaron P. Miles and Allan Saul -- Extraction and denaturing gel electrophoretic methodology for the analysis of yeast proteins / Kenneth J. O'Callaghan, Lee J. Byrne, and Mick F. Tuite -- Characterization of therapeutic proteins by membrane and in-gel tryptic digestion / C. Mark Smales, Rosalyn J. Marchant, and Michèle F. Underhill -- Oligosaccharide release and MALDI-TOF MS analysis of N-linked carbohydrate structures from glycoproteins / Rodney G. Keck, John B. Briggs, and Andrew J.S. Jones -- Capillary electrophoresis of carbohydrates derivatized with fluorophoric compounds / Stacey Ma ... [et al.] -- High-throughput LC/MS methodology for [alpha](1->3)Gal determination of recombinant monoclonal antibodies: a case study / Lihua Huang and Charles E. Mitchell -- Carbohydrate structural characterization of Fas ligand inhibitory protein / Lihua Huang ... [et al.] -- Top-down characterization of protein pharmaceuticals by liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry: application to recombinant factor IX comparability-a case study / Jason C. Rouse ... [et al.] -- Sample preparation procedures for high-resolution nuclear magnetic resonance studies of aqueous and stabilized solutions of therapeutic peptides / Mark J. Howard.
- Thermostable proteins 2012, CRCnetBASE"Thermostable Proteins: Structural Stability and Design provides a comprehensive, updated account of the physical basis of enhanced stability of thermophilic proteins and the design of tailor-made thermostable proteins, paving the way for their possible industrial applications. This book is devoted to understanding the survival mechanisms of "thermophilic life forms" at the molecular level with an emphasis on design strategies.The review chapters presented in Thermostable Proteins span a wide range of protein thermostability research. Basic structural, thermodynamic, and kinetic principles are explained and molecular strategies for the adaptation to high temperatures are delineated. In addition, this book covers: computing and simulation methods in current and future thermostability research, especially in nonempirical situations, how rigidity theory is used to improve the thermal adaptation of mesophiles Subtilisin-like serine proteases and their significant engineering applications. The state of knowledge concerning structure function relations and the origins of their structural stability. Computational and experimental approaches for the design of proteins with increased thermal stability based on sequences or three-dimensional structures. Understanding the molecular basis of how thermostable and hyperthermostable proteins gain and maintain their stability and biological function at high temperatures remains an important scientific challenge. A more detailed knowledge of protein stability not only deepens our understanding of protein structure but also helps in obtaining insights into processes that drive protein activities folding, unfolding, and misfolding essential to biological function"--Provided by publisher.
- Thiamine 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Thiol redox transitions in cell signaling. Part A, Chemistry and biochemistry of low molecular weight and protein thiols. 1st ed. 2010, ScienceDirectChanging paradigms in thiology: from antioxidant defense toward redox regulation / Leopold Flohé -- Mass spectrometry-based methods for the determination of sulfur and related metabolite concentrations in cell extracts / Emmanuel Godat ... [et al.] -- Use of dimedone-based chemical probes for sulfenic acid detection: evaluation of conditions affecting probe incorporation into redox-sensitive proteins / Chananat Klomsiri ... [et al.] -- Use of dimedone-based chemical probes for sulfenic acid detection: methods to visualize and identify labeled proteins / Kimberly J. Nelson ... [et al.] -- Formation and reactions of sulfenic acid in human serum albumin / Beatriz Alvarez ... [et al.] -- Determination of GSH, GSSG, and GSNO using HPLC with electrochemical detection / Li-Peng Yap ... [et al.] -- Measurement of mixed disulfides including glutathionylated proteins / Raffaella Priora ... [et al.] -- Detection and quantification of protein disulfides in biological tissues: a fluorescence-based proteomic approach / Viviana I. Pérez ... [et al.] -- Measurement and identification of S-glutathiolated proteins / Bradford G. Hill ... [et al.] -- Proteome screens for Cys residues oxidation: the redoxome / Giovanni Chiappetta ... [et al.] -- Identification by MS/MS of disulfides produced by a functional redox transition / Pierluigi Mauri ... [et al.] -- Mass spectrometry approaches for the redox characterization of protein cysteine residues: the case of the transcription factor Pax-8 / Andrea Scaloni and Gianluca Tell -- A simple method to systematically study oxidatively modified proteins in biological samples and its applications / Byoung-Joon Song, Soo-Kyung Suh and Kwan-Hoon Moon -- Direct and indirect detection methods for the analysis of S-nitrosylated peptides and proteins / Federico Torta, Lisa Elviri and Angela Bachi -- A rapid approach for the detection, quantification, and discovery of novel sulfenic acid or S-nitrosothiol modified proteins using a biotin-switch method / Joseph R. Burgoyne and Philip Eaton -- Protein addicts of aldehydic lipid peroxidation products: identification and characterization of protein adducts using an aldehyde/keto-reactive probe in combination with mass spectrometry / Claudia S. Maier ... [et al.].
- Thiol redox transitions in cell signaling. Part B, Cellular localization and signaling. 1st ed. 2010, ScienceDirectEngineering of Fluorescent Reporters into Redox Domains to Monitor Electron Transfers /Derek Parsonage ... [et al.] --Blot-Based Detection of Dehydroalanine-Containing Glutathione Peroxidase with the Use of Biotin-Conjugated Cysteamine /Sue Goo Rhee, Chun-Seok Cho --Analysis of the Redox Regulation of Protein Tyrosine Phosphatase Superfamily Members Utilizing a Cysteinyl-Labeling Assay /Benoit Boivin, Nicholas K. Tonks --Measuring the Redox State of Cellular Peroxiredoxins by Immunoblottin /Andrew G. Cox, Christine C. Winterbourn, Mark B. Hampton --Thiol Redox Transitions by Thioredoxin and Thioredoxin-Binding Protein-2 in Cell Signaling /Eiji Yoshihara ... [et al.] --Detection of Protein Thiols in Mitochondrial Oxidative Phosphorylation Complexes and Associated Proteins /Kelly K. Andringa, Shannon M. Bailey --Mitochondrial Thioredoxin Reductase: Purification, Inhibitor Studies, and Role in Cell Signaling /Maria Pia Rigobello, Alberto Bindoli --Measuring Mitochondrial Protein Thiol Redox State /Raquel Requejo ... [et al.] --Measurement of Extracellular (Exofacial) Versus Intracellular Protein Thiols /Jolanta Skalska, Steven Bernstein, Paul Brookes --Redox Clamp Model for Study of Extracellular Thiols and Disulfides in Redox Signaling /Young-Mi Go, Dean P. Jones --Redox State of Human Serum Albumin in Terms of Cysteine-34 in Health and Disease /Karl Oettl, Gunther Marsche --Methods for Studying Redox Cycling of Thioredoxin in Mediating Preconditioning-Induced Survival Genes and Proteins /Chuang C. Chiueh --Oxidative Stress, Thiol Redox Signaling Methods in Epigenetics /Isaac K. Sundar ... [et al.] --Characterization of Protein Targets of Mammalian Thioredoxin Reductases /Anton A. Turanov, Dolph L. Hatfield, Vadim N. Gladyshev --Alteration of Thioredoxin Reductase 1 Levels in Elucidating Cancer Etiology /Min-Hyuk Yoo ... [et al.] --Regulation of Apoptosis Signal-Regulating Kinase 1 in Redox Signaling /Kazumi Katagiri, Atsushi Matsuzawa, Hidenori Ichijo --Protocols for the Detection of S-Glutathionylated and S-Nitrosylated Proteins In Situ /Scott W. Aesif, Yvonne M.W. Janssen-Heininger, Niki L. Reynaert --Synthesis, Quantification, Characterization, and Signaling Properties of Glutathionyl Conjugates of Enals /Sanjay Srivastava ... [et al.] --Thioredoxin and Redox Signaling in Vasculature--Studies Using Trx2 Endothelium-Specific Transgenic Mice /Wang Min ... [et al.]
- Thirty years of photosynthesis 2006, Springer
- Tissue microarrays 2010, Springer ProtocolsApplications of tissue microarray technology -- Quality aspects of TMA analysis -- Representativity of TMA studies -- Recipient block TMA technique -- Protocol for constructing tissue arrays by cutting edge matrix assembly -- Hypodermic needle without recipient paraffin block technique -- Resin technologies : construction and staining of resin TMA's -- Tissue microarrays from frozen tissues-OCT technique -- An alternative technology to prepare tissue microarray using frozen tissue samples -- Building "tissue" microarrays from suspension cells -- Tissue microarrays from biopsy specimens -- Immunohistochemical analysis of tissue microarrays -- DNA copy number analysis on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissues in TMA format by RNA in situ hybridization -- Automated analysis of tissue microarrays -- Digital microscopy for boosting database integration and analysis in TMA studies -- From gene to clinic : TMA-based clinical validation of molecular markers in prostate cancer
- Tocotrienols. 2nd ed. 2013, CRCnetBASE"A New Avenue of Research Beyond Traditional Studies of Vitamin E. The first 90 years of vitamin E research has produced prolific and notable discoveries. Until the last few decades, attention has been given mostly to the biological activities and underlying mechanisms of alpha-tocopherol, which we now know is one of more than eight vitamin E isomers. Tocotrienol discovery came much later, in 1965, but existed for almost 20 years as an obscure vitamin E. Explores Treatment Possibilities: Tocotrienols have proven to contain some exceptional benefits that aren't shared by the better known tocopherols. Although both are antioxidants, today a bright spot for tocotrienol research is in cancer and heart disease, while emergent fields of tocotrienol research are on the rise with many covered in this edition. Currently, tocotrienols have reached a new measure of research height: more than one-third of all vitamin E tocotrienol research of the last 30 years was published in the last 3 years. The thriving field of tocotrienol research gives ground for publication of this 2nd edition, a compilation of the latest tocotrienol research in all new chapters. For the past 10 years, Professors Ronald R. Watson and Victor R. Preedy have published books on bioactive nutrients and dietary supplements. Professor Watson has been and is currently funded to do research by grants from the American Heart Foundation and the U.S. National Institute of Heart, Lung, and Blood. By gathering the contributions contained in this volume, they have expanded the field of knowledge and forged a new path in disease treatment and prevention"--Provided by publisher.
- Transcriptional regulation by neuronal activity 2008, Springer
- Transglutaminases 2005, KargerMammalian transglutaminases : a family portrait / Mehta, K. -- Structure-function relationships of transglutaminases, a contemporary view / Nemes, Z., Csosz, E., Fesus, L. -- Transglutaminases and their substrates / Facchiano, F., Facchiano, A. -- Type 2 transglutaminase and cell death / Piacentini, M. ... [et al.] -- Transglutaminase and cell-survival signaling / Singh, U.S., Pan, J. -- Transglutaminases in wound healing and inflammation / Verderio, E.A.M., Johnson, T.S., Griffin, M. -- Transglutaminases in epidermis / Eckert, R.L. ... [et al.] --Tissue transglutaminase (TG2) in cancer biology / Mangala, L.S., Mehta, K. -- Transglutaminases in neurodegenerative disorders / Bailey, C.D.C., Tucholski, J., Johnson, G.V.W. -- Tissue transglutaminase and celiac disease / Esposito, C. ... [et al.] -- Transglutaminases as biotechnological tools / Mariniello, L., Porta, R. -- Extracellular transglutaminase: factor XIII / Ichinose, A. -- Transglutaminases of lower organisms / Rao, R.U., Chandrashekar, R., Mehta, K. -- Transglutaminases of higher, lower plants and fungi / Del Duca, S., Serafini-Fracassini, D.
- Transient receptor potential (TRP) channels 2007, Springer
- Transient receptor potential channels 2011, Springer
- Translation initiation 2007, ScienceDirectTransient kinetics, flourescence, and FRET in studies of initiation and translation in bacteria / Pohl Milon ... [et al.] -- Binding of mRNA to the bacterial translation initiation complex / Sean M. Studer and Simpson Joseph -- Real-time dynamics of ribosome-ligand interaction by time-resolved chemical probing methods / Attilio Fabbretti ... [et al] -- Overexpression and purification of mammalian mitochondrial translational initiation factor 2 and initiation factor 3 / Domenick G. Grasso ... [et al.] -- In vitro studies of archaeal translational initiation / Dario Benelli and Paola Londei -- Reconstitution of yeast translation initiation / Michael G. Acker ... [et al.] -- Assembly and analysis of eukaryotic translation initiation complexes / Andrey V. Pisarev -- Reconstitution of mammalian 48S ribosomal translation initiation complex / Romit Majumdar, Jayanta Chaudhuri, and Umadas Maitra -- Biophysical approach to studies of Cap-elF4E interaction by synthetic cap analogs / Anna Niedzwiecka ... [et al.] -- Biophysical studies of the translation initiation pathway with immobilized mRNA analogs / John E. G. McCarthy, Steven Marsden, and Tobias von der Haar -- Protection-based assays to measure aminoacyl-tRNA binding to translation initiation factors / Yves Mechulam ... [et al.] -- NMR methods for studying protein-protein interactions involved in translation initiation / Assen Marintchev, Dominique Frueh, and Gerhard Wagner -- Structural methods for studying IRES function / Jeffrey S. Kieft ... [et al.].
- Translation initiation 2007, ScienceDirectUse of reticulocyte lysates for mechanistic studies of eukaryotic translation initiation / William C. Merrick and Diane Barth-Baus -- Studying translational control in Drosophila cell-free systems / Fátima Gebauer and Matthias W. Hentze -- Use of in vitro translation extract depleted in specific initiation factors for the investigation of translational regulation / Daniel R. Gallie -- A highly efficient and robust in vitro translation system for expression of picornavirus and hepatitis C virus in RNA genomes / Yuri V. Svitkin and Nahum Sonenberg -- A practical approach to isolate 48S complexes : affinity purification and analyses / Nicolas Locker and Peter J. Lukavsky -- Yeast phenotypic assays on translational control / Bumjun Lee ... [et al.] -- Localization and characterization of protein-protein interaction sites / Chingakham Ranjit Singh and Katsura Asano -- In vivo stabilization of preinitiation complexes by formaldehyde cross-linking / Leos Valás̆ek ... [et al.] -- Molecular genetic structure-function analysis of translation initiation factor elF5B / Byung-Sik Shin and Thomas E. Dever -- The use of fungal in vitro systems for studying translational regulation / Cheng Wu ... [et al.] -- Investigating translation initiation using drosophila molecular genetics / Gritta Tettweiler and Paul Lasko -- Analysis of RNA:protein interactions in vivo : identification of RNA-binding partners of nuclear factor 90 / Andrew M. Parrott, Melissa R. Walsh, and Michael B. Mathews -- Approaches for analyzing the differential activities and functions of elF4E family members / Robert E. Rhoads, Tzvetanka D. Dinkova, and Rosemary Jagus -- Tethered function assays : an adaptable approach to study RNA regulatory proteins / Jeff Coller and Marv Wickens -- Analysis of ribosomal shunting during translation initiation in eukaryotic mRNAs / Vincent P. Mauro, Stephen A. Chappell and John Dresios.
- TRIM/RBCC proteins 2012, SpringerGenomics and evolution of the TRIM gene family / Germana Meroni -- The tripartite motif : structure and function / Lucia Micale ... [et al.] -- TRIM proteins as ring finger E3 ubiquitin ligases / Kazuhiro Ikeda and Satoshi Inoue -- PML nuclear bodies and other TRIM-defined subcellular compartments / Elizabeth C. Batty, Kirsten Jensen, and Paul S. Freemont -- TRIM involvement in transcriptional regulation / Florence Cammas ... [et al.] -- TRIM proteins in cancer / Valeria Cambiaghi ... [et al.] -- TRIM proteins and the innate immune response to viruses / Melvyn W. Yap and Jonathan P. Stoye -- The microtubule-associated C-I subfamily of TRIM proteins and the regulation of polarized cell responses / Timothy C. Cox -- MuRFS : specialized members of the TRIM/RBCC family with roles in the regulation of the trophic state of muscle and its metabolism / Olga Mayans and Siegfried Labeit -- Trim proteins in development / Francesca Petrera and Germana Meroni.
- Trinucleotide repeat protocols 2004, Springer ProtocolsMouse models of triplet repeat diseases / Gillian P. Bates and David G. Hay -- Analysis of triplet repeat replication by two-dimensional gel electrophoresis / Maria M. Krasilnikova and Sergei M. Mirkin -- Genetic analysis for triplet repeat instability in yeast / Michael J. Dixon, Saumitri Bhattacharyya, and Robert S. Lahue -- Detection and isolation of trinucleotide repeat expansions using the RED method / Qiu-Ping Yuan and Martin Schalling -- Analysis of unstable triplet repeats using small pool polymerase chain reaction / Mário Gomes-Pereira, Sanjay I. Bidichandani, and Darren G. Monckton -- Real-time RT-PCR for CTG repeat-containing genes / Maria Eriksson -- Antibodies against Huntingtin: production and screening of monoclonals and single-chain recombinant forms / Ali Khoshnan ... [et al.] -- Using antibodies to analyze polyglutamine stretches / Elizabeth Brooks ... [et al.] -- Solubilization of aggregates formed by expanded polyglutamine tract expression in cultured cells / Noriko Hazeki and Ichiro Kanazawa -- Caenorhabditis elegans as a model system for triplet repeat diseases / Cindy Voisine and Anne C. Hart --Monitoring aggregate formation in organotypic slice cultures from transgenic mice / Donna L. Smith and Gillian P. Bates -- The CGG repeat and the FMR1 gene / Violeta Stoyanova and Ben A. Oostra -- Analysis of CTG repeats using DM1 model mice / Cédric Savouret, Claudine Junien, and Genevieve Gourdon -- Lentiviral-mediated gene transfer to model triplet repeat disorders / Etienne Régulier ... [et al.] -- Mouse tissue culture models of unstable triplet repeats / Mário Gomes-Pereira and Darren G. Monckton -- Neurotransmitter receptor analysis in transgenic mouse models / Caroline L. Benn, Laurie A. Farrell, and Jang-ho J. Cha -- Chromatin immunoprecipitation technique for study of transcriptional dysregulation in intact mouse brain / Melissa W. Braveman ... [et al.] -- Techniques for thick-section golgi impregnation of formalin-fixed brain tissue / Tracie L. Moss and William O. Whetsell, Jr -- Assessment of impaired proteasomal function in a cellular model of polyglutamine diseases / Nihar Ranjan Jana and Nobuyuki Nukina -- Assessment of in vitro and in vivo mitochondrial function in Friedreich's Ataxia and Huntington's Disease / Anthony Schapira and Raffaele Lodi --Triplet repeats and DNA repair: germ cell and somatic cell instability in transgenic mice / Irina V. Kovtun, Craig Spiro, and Cynthia T. McMurray -- Oxidative damage in Huntington's Disease / José Segovia and Francisca Pérez-Severiano.
- Tropomyosin 2008, SpringerIntroduction and historical perspective / Peter Gunning -- Structure and evolution of tropomyosin genes / Bernadette Vrhovski, Nadine Thézé, and Pierre Thiébaud -- Tropomyosin exons as models for alternative splicing / Clare Gooding and Christopher W.J. Smith -- Tropomyosin gene expression in vivo and in vitro / Galina Schevzov and Geraldine O'Neill -- Tropomyosin : function follows structure / Sarah E. Hitchcock-DeGregori -- Dimerization of tropomyosins / Mario Gimona -- Cooperative binding of tropomyosin to actin / Larry S. Tobacman -- Tropomyosin and the steric mechanism of muscle regulation / William Lehman and Roger Craig -- Role of tropomyosin in the regulation of contraction in smooth muscle / Steve Marston and M. El-Mezgueldi -- Tropomyosin as a regulator of cancer cell transformation / David M. Helfman ... [et al.] -- The role of tropomyosin in heart disease / David F. Wieczorek, Ganapathy Jagatheesan, and Sudarsan Rajan -- Tropomyosins in skeletal muscle diseases / Anthony J. Kee and Edna C. Hardeman -- Tropomyosins in human diseases : ulcerative colitis / Kiron M. Das and Manisha Bajpai -- Tropomyosin function in yeast / David Pruyne -- Isoform sorting of tropomyosins / Claire Martin and Peter Gunning -- Human tropomyosin isoforms in the regulation of cytoskeleton functions / Jim Jung ... [et al.] -- Tropomyosins regulate the impact of actin binding proteins on actin filaments / Uno Lindberg ... [et al.] -- Tropomyosin and ADF/cofilin as collaborators and competitors / Thomas B. Kuhn and James R. Bamburg -- Caldesmon and the regulation of cytoskeletal functions / C.L. Albert Wang -- Tropomyosins as discriminators of myosin function / E. Michael Ostap -- Tropomodulin/tropomyosin interactions regulate actin pointed end dynamics / Alla S. Kostyukova -- Emerging issues for tropomyosin structure, regulation, function, and pathology / Peter Gunning.
- TRP channels 2011, CRCnetBASE"Transient Receptor Potential (TRP) channels have gained a lot of popularity in recent years due to their involvement in a wide variety of cellular functions in many different systems. The purpose of this book is to provide detailed methods for the study of TRP channels. It includes expression and functional studies of TRP channels in heterologous systems as well as structural and functional studies of TRP channels. The author also explores various methods for detailed analysis of biophysical properties of TRP channels. In addition, the text covers high-throughput screening assays for TRP channels and offers novel and effective approaches to study endogenous TRP channel function in native systems"--Provided by publisher.
- Two dimensional electrophoresis protocols 2009, Springer ProtocolsTwo-dimensional electrophoresis : an overview / Richard Smith -- Solubilization of proteins in 2DE : an outline / Thierry Rabilloud -- Selection of pH ranges in 2DE / Mireille Starita-Geribaldi -- Difficult proteins / Ben Herbert and Elizabeth Harry -- Organelle proteomics / Matthias Plöscher ... [et al.] -- Applications of chemical tagging approaches in combination with 2DE and mass spectrometry / Alexander Leitner and Wolfgang Lindner -- Immunoblotting 2DE membranes / Brian McDonagh -- Troubleshooting image analysis in 2DE / Bettina Levänen and Åsa M. Wheelock -- Analysis of bacterial proteins by 2DE / Philip Cash and Evelyn Argo -- Proteomic analysis of Caenorhabditis elegans / Pan-Young Jeong ...[et al.] -- Protein extraction for 2DE / Claus Zabel and Joachim Klose -- Analysis of proteins from marine molluscs / Suze Chora, Maria João Bebianno, and Michèle Roméo -- Preparation and analysis of plastid proteomes by 2DE / Anne von Zychlinski and Wilhelm Gruissem -- High resolution 2DE / Katrin Marcus ...[et al.] -- Blue native-gel electrophoresis proteomics / Kelly Andringa, Adrienne King, and Shannon Bailey -- 2DE for proteome analysis of human metaphase chromosomes / Kiichi Fukui and Susumu Uchiyama -- Microsomal proteomics / Diana M. Wong and Khosrow Adeli -- Prefractionation using microscale solution IEF / Won-A Joo and David Speicher -- Diagonal electrophoresis for detection of protein disulphide bridges / Brian McDonagh -- High-resolution large-gel 2DE / Claus Zabel and Joachim Klose -- Silver staining of proteins in 2DE gels / Cécile Lelong ...[et al.] -- Detection of 4-hydroxy-2-nonenal- and 3-nitrotyrosine-modified proteins using a proteomics approach / Rukhsana Sultana, Tanea Reed, and D. Allan Butterfield -- Proteomic detection of oxidized and reduced thiol proteins in cultured cells / Sarah L. Cuddihy ...[et al.] -- Detection of ubiquitination in 2DE / Brian McDonagh -- Phosphoroproteome analysis by in-gel isoelectric focusing and tandem mass spectrometry / Sarka Beranova-Georgianni, Dominic M. Desiderio, and Francesco Giorgianni -- Detection of protein glutathionylation / Elisabetta Gianazza, Ivano Eberini, and Pietro Ghezzi -- Activity-based protein profiling of protein tyrosine phosphatases / Chad Walls, Bo Zhou, and Zhong-Yin Zhang -- Active protease mapping in 2DE gels / Zhenjun Zhao and Pamela J. Russell -- Two-dimensional difference gel electrophoresis / Gert Van den Bergh -- Protein expression profiling / Brian P. Bradley, Bose Kalampanayil, and Michael C. O'Neill -- C-terminal sequence analysis of 2DE-separated proteins / Bart Samyn, Kjell Sergeant, and Jozef Van Beeumen -- Shotgun protein analysis by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry / Kazuishi Kubota, Toshiyuki Kosaka, and Kimihisa Ichikawa --De novo sequence analysis of N-terminal sulfonated peptides after in-gel guanidination / Kjell Sergeant, Jozef Van Beeumen, and Bart Samyn -- Tryptic digestion of in-gel proteins for mass spectrometry analysis / Mai-Loan Huynh, Pamela Russell, and Bradley Walsh -- Database interrogation algorithms for identification of proteins in proteomic separations / Patricia M. Palagi, Frédérique Lisacek, and Ron D. Appel -- Creating 2DE databases for the world wide web / Christine Hoogland, Khaled Mostaguir, and Ron D. Appel.
- Ubiquitin and protein degradation. Part A-B pt. A-B, 2005., ScienceDirectpt. B, 2005 ScienceDirect
- Ubiquitin system in health and disease 2009, Springer
- Ubiquitin-proteasome protocols 2005, Springer ProtocolsAssays of proteasome-dependent cleavage products / Stefan Tenzer and Hansjörg Schild -- Identification of components of protein complexes / Carol E. Parker ... [et al.] -- Mass spectroscometric determination of protein ubiqitination / Carol E. Parker ... [et al.] -- Reconstitution of endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation using yeast membranes and cytosol / Robert J. Lee, Ardythe A. McCracken, and Jeffrey L. Brodsky -- Reticulocyte lysate as a model system to study endoplasmic reticulum membrane protein degradation / Eric Carlson ... [et al.] -- Deubiquitinating enzyme purifucation, assay inhibitors and characterization / Nathaniel S. Russell and Keith D. Wilkinson -- Measuring ubiquitin conjugation in cells / Edward G. Mimnaugh and Leonard M. Neckers -- Assays for proteasome assembly and maturation / R. Jürgen Dohmen ... [et al.] --N-terminal ubiquitination / Aaron Ciechanover -- Quantitating defective ribosome products / Shu-Bing Qian, Jack R. Bennink, and Jonathan W. Yewdell -- Endoplasmic reticulum-associated protein quality control and degradation: screen for ERAD mutants after ethylmethane sulfonate mutagenesis / Antje Schäfer and Dieter H. Wolf -- Endoplasmic reticulum-associated protein quality control and degradation: genome wide screen for ERAD components / Antje Schäfer and Dieter H. Wolf -- Cystic fibrosis transmembrane conducatance regulator as a model substrate to study endoplasmic reticulum protein quality control in mammalian cells / J. Michael Younger ... [et al.] -- Aggresome formation / Michael J. Corboy, Philip J. Thomas, and W. Christian Wigley -- Detection of sumoylated proteins / Roland S. Hilgarth and Kevin D. Sarge -- Proteasome inhibitors in cancer therapy / Robert Z. Orlowski -- Parkinson disease: assays for the ubiquitin ligase activity of neural parkin / Michael G. Schlossmacher and Hideki Shimura.Small-molecule inhibitors of proteasome activity / Maria Gaczynska and Pawel A. Osmulski -- Purification of E1 and E1-like enzymes / Arthur L. Haas -- Assays for RING family ubiquitin ligases / Manabu Furukawa, Paul S. Andrews, and Yue Xiong -- Ubiquitin chain synthesis / Shahri Raasi and Cecile M. Pickart -- Purification of proteasomes, proteasome subcomplexes, and proteasome-associated proteins from budding yeast / David S. Leggett, Michael H. Glickman, and Daniel Finley -- Recognition and processing of misfolded proteins by PA700, the 19S regulatory complex of the 26S proteasome / Chang-Wei Liu ... [et al.] -- Cell-free assay for ubiquitin-independent proteasomal protein degradation / Chaim Kahana and Yuval Reiss --
- Understanding biology using peptides 2006, Springer
- Unfolded protein response and cellular stress. Part A-C. 1st ed. pt. A-C, 2011., ScienceDirectpt. C ScienceDirect
- Vitamin D and the lung 2012, SpringerPart 1.Introduction --Vitamin D Deficiency: Historical Perspectives /Kumaravel Rajakumar and Michael F. Holick --Perspective: Evolution of Human Skin Color: How Low Levels of Vitamin D Drove Natural Selection /Scott T. Weiss --Part 2.Vitamin D Mechanisms of Relevance to Lung Diseases --Vitamin D and Lung Development in Early Life /Virender K. Rehan and John S. Torday --Vitamin D and the Innate Immune Response /Aria Vazirnia and Philip T. Liu --Vitamin D and Regulatory T Cells /Zoë Urry, Sarah Dimeloe and Catherine M. Hawrylowicz --Dendritic Cell Modulation by the Vitamin D System /Luciano Adorini, Gilles Laverny and Giuseppe Penna --Vitamin D Modulates Airway Smooth Muscle Function /Audreesh Banerjee and Reynold A. Panettieri Jr. --Vitamin D: Genetics and Genomic Effects /Kelan G. Tantisira --Part 3.Disease Associations --Acute Respiratory Infections /Jonathan M. Mansbach and Carlos A. Camargo Jr. --The Role of Vitamin D in the Development, Exacerbation, and Severity of Asthma and Allergic Diseases /Augusto A. Litonjua --Vitamin D and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease /Wim Janssens, An Lehouck, Marc Decramer and Ghislaine Gayan-Ramirez --Cystic Fibrosis /Helen M. Buntain and Anne B. Chang --Tuberculosis /Adrian R. Martineau --Lung Cancer /David C. Christiani and C. Matthew Kinsey.
- Vitamin D. 2nd ed. 2010, Springer
- Vitamin K in health and disease 2009, CRCnetBASEHistorical background -- Active forms, antagonists, physical properties, and synthesis of vitamin K -- Dietary intake of vitamin K and the vitamin K content of foods and plasma -- The vitamin K-dependent carboxylase and vitamin K epoxide reductase -- Vitamin K-dependent proteins -- Absorption, storage, and metabolism of vitamin K -- Public health concerns related to vitamin K status -- Vitamin K requirements, toxicity, and other metabolic interactions.
- Vitamin-binding proteins 2014, CRCnetBASEChapter 1. Retinoic acid : metabolism, developmental functions, and evolution / Joô E. Carvalho and Michael Schubert -- chapter 2. Serum retinol-binding protein, obesity, and insulin resistance / Pangala V. Bhat and Daniel-Constantin Manolescu -- chapter 3. Retinoic acid and immunity / Yoshishige Miyabe, Chie Miyabe, and Toshihiro Nanki -- chapter 4. Vitamin D3 Up-regulated Protein 1 (VDUP1) and the immune system / Hyun Woo Suh ... [et al.] -- chapter 5. Rapid pre-genomic responses of vitamin D / Tremaine M. Sterling ... [et al.] -- chapter 6. The role of vitamin D in infectious processes / Russell W. Chesney -- chapter 7. Vitamin D, vitamin D binding protein, and cardiovascular disease / Diane Berry and Elina Hyppn̲en -- chapter 8. Vitamins E and C : effects on matrix components in the vascular system / Jean-Marc Zingg, Mohsen Meydani, and Angelo Azzi -- chapter 9. Vitamin K and vascular calcification / Chandrasekar Palaniswamy ... [et al.] -- chapter 10. Therapeutic effects of pyridoxamine and benfotiamine / Shyamala Dakshinamurti and Krishnamurti Dakshinamurti -- chapter 11. Multifaceted therapeutic potential of vitamin B6 / Shyamala Dakshinamurti and Krishnamurti Dakshinamurti -- chapter 12. Non-prosthetic group functions of biotin / Krishnamurti Dakshinamurti -- chapter 13. Mechanisms of gene transcriptional regulation through biotin and biotin-binding proteins in mammals / Janos Zempleni ... [et al.] -- chapter 14. Folate receptor-mediated therapeutics : folate receptor- mediated particle systems for drug and gene delivery in cancer therapy / Yoshie Maitani -- chapter 15. Vitamin B12 derivatives and preferential targeting of tumors / Evelyne Furger and Eliane Fischer -- chapter 16. Ascorbic acid : binding proteins and pathophysiology / Fryad Rahman and Michel Fontš.
- Voltage-gated calcium channels 2005, Springer
- Water and the cell 2006, Springer
- Water soluble vitamins 2012, Springer
- Wnt signaling 2008, Springer Protocolsv. 1. Pathway methods and mammalian models -- v. 2. Pathway models.
- Zinc finger proteins 2005, SpringerThe discovery of zinc fingers and their practical applications in gene regulation : a personal account / Aaron Klug -- C2H2 zinc fingers as DNA binding domains / Shiro Iuchi -- TFIIIA : a sophisticated zinc finger protein / Raymond S. Brown and Jane Flint -- GAGA : structural basis for single Cys2His2 zinc finger-DNA interaction / G. Marius Clore and James G. Omichinski -- The DNA-binding domain of GATA transcription factors : a prototypical Type IV Cys2-Cys2 zinc finger / Angela M. Gronenborn -- MutM : single C2C2 zinc finger-DNA interaction / Ryoji Masui, Noriko Nakagawa, and Seiki Kuramitsu -- Homing endonuclease I-TevI : an atypical zinc finger with a novel function / Patrick Van Roey, Marlene Belfort, and Victoria Derbyshire -- Zinc finger interactions with metals and other small molecules / Jay S. Hanas, Jason L. Larabee, and James R. Hocker -- Synthetic zinc finger transcription factors / Nicoletta Corbi, Valentina Libri, and Claudio Passananti -- TFIIA and p43 : binding to 5S ribosomal RNA / Paul J. Romaniuk -- RNA binding by single zinc fingers / Martyn K. Darby -- Wig-1, a p53-induced zinc finger protein that binds double stranded RNA / Cristina Mendez-Vidal ... [et al.] -- Tandem CCCH zinc finger proteins in mRNA binding / Perry J. Blackshear, Ruth S. Phillips, and Wi S. Lai -- Ribosomal zinc finger proteins : the structure and the function of yeast YL37a / John Dresios, Yuen-Ling Chan, and Ira G. Wool -- LIM domain and its binding to target proteins / Algirdas Velyvis and Jun Qin -- Ring finger-B box-coiled coil (RBCC) proteins as ubiquitin ligase in the control of protein degradation and gene regulation / Kazuhiro Ikeda, Satoshi Inoue, and Masami Muramatsu -- Structure and function of the CBP/p300 TAZ domains / Roberto N. De Guzman ... [et al.] -- A zinc ribbon motif is essential for the formation of functional tetrameric protein kinase CK2 / Odile Filhol, Maria Jose Benitez, and Claude Cochet --The FYVE finger : a phosphoinositide binding domain / Harald Stenmark -- The BTB domain zinc finger proteins / Gilbert G. Prive ... [et al.] -- KRAB zinc finger proteins : a family of repressors mediating heterochromatin-associated gene silencing / Shiro Iuchi -- The superfamily of SCAN domain containing zinc finger transcription factors / Tucker Collins and Tara L. Sander -- SP1 and Huntington's disease / Dimitri Krainc -- The role of WT1 in development and disease / Sean Bong Lee, Hongjie Li, and Ho-Shik Kim -- Yin yang 1 / Huifei Liu and Yang Shi -- The multiple cellular functions of TFIIIA / Natalie Kuldell -- The role of the Ikaros gene family in lymphocyte development / Pablo Gomez-del Arco ... [et al.] -- Basonuclin : a zinc finger protein of epithelial cells and reproductive germ cells / Howard Green and Hung Tseng -- ZAS zinc finger proteins : the other kB-binding protein family / Carl E. Allen and Lai-Chu Wu -- Role of GATA factors in development / Marc Haenlin and Lucas Waltzer -- The androgen receptor and spinal and bulbar muscular atrophy / F. Piccioni, C.J. Sumner, and Kenneth H. Fischbeck -- The role of XPA in DNA repair / Takahisa Ikegami and Masahiro Shirakawa -- MOF, an acetyl transferase involved in dosage compensation in drosophila, uses a CCHS finger for substrate recognition / Asifa Akhtar and Peter B. Becker -- MDM2 : ring finger protein and regulator of p53 / Liqing Wu and Carl G. Maki -- The zip family of zinc transporters / David J. Eide -- Apoptosis by zinc deficiency / Kirsteen H. Maclean.
- A₃ adenosine receptors from cell biol...
- — Enzyme functionality ...................
- Enzyme kinetics ........................
- — Lipids. 1st ed. ........................
- Liposomes. Part A-G ....................
- — Protein conformational dynamics ........
- Protein design .........................
- — Zinc finger proteins ...................
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases