Books by Subject
- A₃ adenosine receptors from cell biol...
- — Enzyme functionality ...................
- Enzyme kinetics ........................
- — Lipids. 1st ed. ........................
- Liposomes. Part A-G ....................
- — Protein conformational dynamics ........
- Protein design .........................
- — Zinc finger proteins ...................
- Liposomes. Part A-G ScienceDirectpt. C ScienceDirectpt. D ScienceDirectpt. E ScienceDirectpt. F ScienceDirectpt. G ScienceDirect
- Liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry 2003, Wileych. 1 Introduction, p. 1-5 -- ch. 2 Liquid Chromatography, p. 7-31 -- ch. 3 Mass Spectrometry, p. 33-74 -- ch. 4 Interface Technology, p. 75-127 -- ch. 5 Applications of High Performance Liquid Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry, p. 129-234.
- Lymphocyte signal transduction 2006, SpringerProtein kinase C-theta (PKC[theta]): new perspectives on its functions in T-cell biology / Rina Barouch-Bentov and Amnon Altman -- Travel informations on the tec kinases during lymphocyte activation / Fabien Garçon and Jacques A. Nunès -- Inducible T-cell tyrosine kinase (ITK): structural requirements and actin polymerization / Constantine D. Tsoukas ... [et al.] -- Differential requirements of PI3K subunits for BCR or BCR/CD19-induced ERK activation / Elena Vigorito and Martin Turner -- Protein tyrosine phosphatases in human disease / Tomas Mustelin -- The T-cell-specific adapter protein functions as a regulator of peripheral but not central immunological tolerance / Philip E. Lapinski ... [et al.] -- Proximal signals controlling B-cell antigen receptor (BCR) mediated NF-[kappa]B activation / Miguel E. Moreno-García ... [et al.] -- The adapter 3BP2: how it plugs into leukocyte signaling / Marcel Deckert and Robert Rottapel -- CTLA-4 regulation of T-cell function via RAP-1-mediated adhesion / Helga Schneider ... [et al.] -- Protein crosstalk in lipid rafts / Raquel J. Nunes, Mónica A.A. Castro, and Alexandre M. Carmo -- Role of lipid rafts in activation-induced cell death: the fas pathway in aging / Anis Larbi ... [et al.] -- T-cell response in aging: influence of cellular cholesterol modulation / Tamàs Fülöp ... [et al.] -- Lymphocyte signaling and the translatability of mRNA / Suzanne Miyamoto -- Protein arginine methylation: a new frontier in T-cell signal transduction / Brandon T. Schurter, Fabien Blanchet, and Oreste Acuto -- Immune regulation by ubiquitin conjugation / K. Venuprasad ... [et al.] -- CTIB (C-terminus protein of I[kappa]B-[beta]): a novel factor required for acidic adaptation /Toshiko Fukamachi ... [et al.] -- HIV may deplete most CD4 lymphocytes by a mechanism involving signaling through its receptors on non-permissive resting lymphocytes / Miles W. Cloyd ... [et al.] -- Integrating traditional and postgenomic approaches to investigate lymphocyte development and function / Yina Hsing Huang ... [et al.] -- Phosphoproteomic analysis of lymphocyte signaling / Lulu Cao, Kebing Yu, and Arthur R. Salomon.
- Macromolecular crystallography 2012, Springer
- MAP kinase signaling protocols 2004, Springer Protocols
- MAP kinase signaling protocols. 2nd ed. 2010, Springer ProtocolsThe MAP kinase signaling cascades : A system of hundreds of components regulates a diverse array of physiological functions -- Determination of ERK activity: Anti-phospho-ERK antibodies and in vitro phosphorylation -- Activation of SAPK/JNKs in vitro -- Activation of p38 and determination of its activity -- Activity assays for extracellular signal-regulated kinase 5 -- Use of inhibitors in the study of MAP kinases -- MAP kinase activation by receptor tyrosine kinases : in control of cell migration -- Activation of ras and rho GTPases and MAP kinases by G-protein-coupled receptors -- Regulation of MAP kinase signaling by calcium -- Identification of novel substrates of MAP kinase cascades using bioengineered kinases that uniquely utilize analogs of ATP to phosphorylate substrates -- ERK-MAP kinase signaling in the cytoplasm -- Lentiviral vectors to study the differential function of ERK1 and ERK2 MAP kinases -- Structural studies of MAP kinase cascade components -- Analysis of MAP kinases by hydrogen exchange mass spectrometry -- A "Molecular evolution" approach for isolation of intrinsically active (MEK-independent) MAP kinases -- Reconstitution of the nuclear transport of the MAP kinase ERK2 -- Localization and trafficking of fluorescently tagged ERK1 and ERK2 -- Studying the regulation of MAP kinase by MAP kinase phosphatases in vitro and in cell systems -- Proteomic analysis of scaffold proteins in the ERK cascade -- Analysis of ERKs' dimerization by electrophoresis -- MAP kinase: SUMO pathway interactions -- Computational modelling of kinase signalling cascades -- Analysis of mitogen-activated protein kinase activity in yeast -- Detection of RTK pathway activation in drosophila using anti-dpERK immunofluorescence staining -- Studying MAP kinase pathways during early development of xenopus laevis -- Deciphering signaling pathways in vivo : The ras/raf/MEK/ERK cascade -- Mutational and functional analysis in human ras/MAP kinase genetic syndromes -- Implication of the ERK pathway on the post-transcriptional regulation of VEGF mRNA stability -- Studies on MAP kinase signaling in the immune system -- Methods to study MAP kinase signalling in the central nervous system -- MAP kinase regulation of the mitotic spindle checkpoint -- Using high-content microscopy to study gonadotrophin-releasing hormone regulation of ERK.
- Mass spectrometry data analysis in proteomics 2006, Springer Protocols
- Mass spectrometry of proteins and peptides. 2nd ed. 2009, Springer ProtocolsGeneration and analysis of multidimensional protein identification technology datasets /Selene K. Swanson, Laurence Florens, and Michael P. Washburn --Quantitative peptide and protein profiling by mass spectrometry /Alexander Schmidt, Birgit Bisle, and Thomas Kislinger --Label-free relative quantitation of prokaryotic proteomes using the accurate mass and time tag approach /Kim K. Hixson --Classical proteomics: two-dimensional electrophoresis/MALDI mass spectrometry /Ursula Zimny-Arndt ... [et al.] --The use of difference in-gel electrophoresis for quantitation of protein expression /Rajat Sapra --Liquid-chromatography-mass spectrometry of thylakoid membrane proteins /Christian G. Huber ... [et al.] --High accuracy mass spectrometry in large-scale analysis of protein phosphorylation /Jesper V. Olsen and Boris Macek --Manual validation of peptide sequence and sites of tyrosine phosphorylation from MS/MS spectra /Amy M. Nichols and Forest M. White --Assigning glycosylation sites and microheterogeneities in glycoproteins by liquid chromatography/tandem mass spectrometry / Yehia Mechref, Milan Madera, and Milos V. Novotny --Structure analysis of N -glycoproteins /Stefanie Henning, Jasna Peter-Katalinicʹ, and Gottfried Pohlentz --Capillary zone electrophoresis-mass spectrometry for the characterization of isoforms of intact glycoproteins /Christian Neusüss, and Matthias Pelzing --Top-down proteomics on a high-field fourier transform ion cyclotron resonance mass spectrometer /Séverine A. Ouvry-Patat ... [et al.] --Capillary isoelectric focusing/reversed phase liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry /Cheng S. Lee and Brian M. Balgley --Integrating accelerated tryptic digestion into proteomics workflows /Gordon W. Slysz and David C. Schriemer --Hydrogen/deuterium exchange mass spectrometry /Xuguang Yan and Claudia S. Maier --Mass spectrometry detection and characterization of noncovalent protein complexes /Sheng Yin and Joseph A. Loos --Chemical cross-linking for protein-protein interaction studies /Xiaoting Tang and James E. Bruce --Tissue analysis with high-resolution imaging mass spectrometry /A.F. Maarten Altelaar and Ron M.A. Heeren --Proteomic global profiling for cancer biomarker discovery /Vitor Faca, Hong Wang, and Samir Hanash --Analysis of protein glycosylation and phosphorylation using liquid phase separation, protein microarray technology, and mass spectrometry /Jia Zhao ... [et al.] --Transthyretin mass determination for detection of transthyretin familial amyloid /John F. O'Brien and H. Robert Bergen III --Characterization of microorganisms by MALDI mass spectrometry /Catherine E. Petersen, Nancy B. Valentine, and Karen L. Wahl --Mass spectrometric characterization of neuropeptides /Stephanie S. DeKeyser, James A. Dowell, and Lingjun Li --Peptide and protein ion/ion reactions in electrodynamic ion traps: tools and methods /Scott A. McLuckey --Electron capture dissociation LC/MS/MS for bottom-up proteomics /Roman A. Zubarev --Two-dimensional ion mobility analyses of proteins and peptides /Alexandre A. Shvartsburg, Keqi Tang, and Richard D. Smith --Proteomics for validation of automated gene model predictions /Kemin Zhou ... [et al.] --Support vector machines for improved peptide identification from tandem mass spectrometry database search /Bobbie-Jo M. Webb-Robertson.
- Matrix metalloproteinase inhibitors 2012, SpringerMatrix Metalloproteinases /Viola Vargová, Marek Pytliak and Viola Mechírová --Specificity of Binding with Matrix Metalloproteinases /Satya P. Gupta and Vaishali M. Patil --The Gelatinases and Their Inhibitors: The Structure-Activity Relationships /Snehasikta Swarnakar, Amartya Mishra and Susri Ray Chaudhuri (Guha) --Advances in Studies on Collagenase Inhibitors /Mange Ram Yadav, Prashant Revan Murumkar and Vishal Prakash Zambre --Hydroxamic Acids as Matrix Metalloproteinase Inhibitors /Rajeshwar P. Verma --Quantitative Structure-Activity Relationship Studies on Sulfonamide-Based MMP Inhibitors /Vaishali M. Patil and Satya P. Gupta --Matrix Metalloproteinase Inhibitors as Investigative Tools in the Pathogenesis and Management of Vascular Disease /Mina M. Benjamin and Raouf A. Khalil.
- Mechanosensitive ion channels 2008, Springer
- Mechanosensitivity and mechanotransduction 2011, Springer
- Medical biochemistry. 4th ed. 2002, ScienceDirect
- Melanocortins 2010, SpringerStructure-activity relationships (SAR) of melanocortin and agouti-related (AGRP) peptides / Anamika Singh, Erica M. Haslach and Carrie Haskell-Luevano -- Melanocortin signalling mechanisms / Paula C. Eves and John W. Haycock -- Distribution and function of melanocortin receptors within the brain / Kathleen G. Mountjoy -- Drugs, exercise, and the melanocortin-4 receptor: different means, same ends: treating obesity / Jay W. Schaub, Erin B. Bruce, and Carrie Haskell-Luevano -- Melanocortins in brain inflammation: the role of melanocortin receptor subtypes / Ruta Muceniece and Maija Dambrova -- Melanocortins and the cholinergic anti-inflammatory pathway / Daniela Giuliani ... [et al.] -- Melanocortin control of cell trafficking in vascular inflammation / Hetal B. Patel ... [et al.] -- Terminal signal: anti-inflammatory effects of α-melanocyte-stimulating hormone related peptides beyond the pharmacophore / Thomas Brzoska ... [et al.] -- Protective effects of melanocortins in systemic host reactions / Stefano Gatti ... [et al.] -- Development of α-melanocortin analogs for melanoma prevention and targeting / Zalfa A. Abdel-Malek -- MSH radiopeptides for targeting melanoma metastases / Alex N. Eberle ... [et al.] -- Applications of the role of α-MSH in ocular immune privilege / Andrew W. Taylor and Darren Lee.
- Membrane lipid signaling in aging and age-related disease 2003., ScienceDirect
- Membrane protein purification and crystallization. 2nd ed. 2002, ScienceDirect
- The role of ion channels in hypoxic pulmonary vasoconstriction / E. Kenneth Weir ... [et al.] -- Two-pore domain K channels and their role in chemoreception / Keith J. Buckler -- Intricate interaction between store-operated calcium entry and calcium-activated chloride channels in pulmonary artery smooth muscle cells / Abigail S. Forrest ... [et al.] -- The role of intracellular ion channels in regulating cytoplasmic calciumin pulmonary arterial mmooth [i.e. smooth] muscle : which store and where? / A. Mark Evans -- Ca2 oscillations regulate contraction of intrapulmonary smooth muscle cells / Michael J. Sanderson, Yan Bai, and Jose Perez-Zoghbi -- Introduction to TRP channels : structure, function, and regulation / Michael Y. Song and Jason S.-J. Yuan -- Physiological functions of transient receptor potential channels in pulmonary arterial smooth muscle cells / Xiao-Ru Yang, Mo-Jun Lin, and James S.K. Sham -- The contribution of TRPC1 and STIM1 to capacitative Ca2 entry in pulmonary artery / Lih Chyuan Ng, Judith A. Airey, and Joseph R. Hume -- Store-operated calcium entry channels in pulmonary endothelium : the emerging story of TRPCS and Orai1 / Donna L. Cioffi, Christina Barry, and Troy Stevens -- TRPM2 channel regulates endothelial barrier function / Claudie M. Hecquet, Gias U. Ahmmed, and Asrar B. Malik -- A proposed mitochondrial-metabolic mechanism for initiation and maintenance of pulmonary arterial hypertension in fawn-hooded rats : the Warburg model of pulmonary arterial hypertension / Jalees Rehman and Stephen L. Archer -- The role of classical transient receptor potential channels in the regulation of hypoxic pulmonary vasoconstriction / B. Fuchs ... [et al.] -- Developmental regulation of oxygen sensing and ion channels in the pulmonary vasculature / David N. Cornfield -- Hypoxic regulation of ion channels and transporters in pulmonary vascular smooth muscle / Larissa A. Shimoda -- CLC-3 chloride channels in the pulmonary vasculature / Joseph R. Hume ... [et al.] -- Role of bone morphogenetic protein receptors in the development of pulmonary arterial hypertension / Nicholas W. Morrell -- Cross talk between Smad, MAPK, and actin in the etiology of pulmonary arterial hypertension / James West -- Notch signaling in pulmonary hypertension / Patricia A. Thistlethwaite, Xiaodong Li, and Xiaoxue Zhang -- Rho kinase-mediated vasoconstriction in pulmonary hypertension / Ivan F. McMurtry ... [et al.] -- The serotonin hypothesis of pulmonary hypertension revisited / Margaret R. MacLean and Yvonne Dempsie -- Impaired vascular endothelial growth factor signaling in the pathogenesis of neonatal pulmonary vascular disease / Steven H. Abman -- Mitochondrial regulation of oxygen sensing / Navdeep S. Chandel -- Reactive oxygen species and RhoA signaling in vascular smooth muscle : role in chronic hypoxia-induced pulmonary hypertension / Thomas C. Resta, Brad R.S. Broughton, and Nikki L. Jernigan -- Polyamine regulatory pathways as pharmacologic targets in pulmonary arterial hypertension / Mark N. Gillespie and Jack W. Olson -- 5-HT receptors and Kv channel internalization / Angel Cogolludo and Francisco Perez-Vizcaino -- KCNQ potassium channels : new targets for pulmonary vasodilator drugs? / Alison M. Gurney, Shreena Joshi, and Boris Manoury -- Receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitors in rodent pulmonary hypertension / Liliana Moreno-Vinasco and Joe G.N. Garcia -- PDGF receptor and its antagonists : role in treatment of PAH / Friedrich Grimminger and Ralph Theo Schermuly -- PPAR[gamma] and the pathobiology of pulmonary arterial hypertension / Marlene Rabinovitch -- Targeting TASK-1 channels as a therapeutic approach / Andrea Olschewski -- Pharmacological targets for pulmonary vascular disease : vasodilation versus anti-remodelling / Matthew Thomas.
- Metabolic maps 2001, ScienceDirectAcid amides -- Amidines, guanidines, and hydrazines -- Amino acids: phosphinic acids -- Anilines and nitrobenzenes -- Aryloxy acids -- Biphenyl ethers -- Carbamates -- Dithio- and thiolcarbamates -- Halogenated aliphatics -- Halogenated aromatics -- Five-membered heterocycles -- Five-membered heterocycles (fused) -- Six-/more membered heterocycles -- Six-/more membered heterocycles (fused) -- Imides -- Natural products -- Organophosphorous compounds -- Oximes -- Phenylureas and related compounds -- Phosphono amino acids and related compounds -- Pyrethroids -- Sulfonylureas -- Triazines and related compounds -- Miscellaneous.
- Metabolic profiling 2011, Springer ProtocolsOrigins of metabolic profiling /Arthur B. Robinson and Noah E. Robinson --Amino acid profiling for the diagnosis of inborn errors of metabolism /Monique Piraud ... [et al.] --Acylcarnitines : analysis in plasma and whole blood using tandem mass spectrometry /David S. Millington and Robert D. Stevens --Analysis of organic acids and acylglycines for the diagnosis of related inborn errors or metabolism by GC- and HPLC-MS /Giancarlo la Marca and Cristiano Rizzo --HPLC analysis for the clinical-biochemical diagnosis of inborn errors of metabolism of purines and pyrimidines /Giuseppe Lazzarino ... [et al.] --Bile acid analysis in various biological samples using ultra performance liquid chromatography/electrospray ionization-mass spectrometry (UPLC/ESI-MS) /Masahito Hagio, Megumi Matsumoto, and Satoshi Ishizuka --Analysis of glycolytic intermediates with ion chromatography- and gas chromatography-mass spectrometry /Jan C. van Dam, Cor Ras, and Angela ten Pierick --Analysis of the citric acid cycle intermediates using gas chromatography-mass spectrometry /Rajan S. Kombu, Henri Brunengraber, and Michelle A. Puchowicz --Quantification of pentose phosphate pathway (PPP) metabolites by liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry (LC-MS) /Amber Jannasch, Miroslav Sedlak, and Jiri Adamec --High-performance liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry (HPLC-MS)-based drug metabolite profiling /Ian D. Wilson --Gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS)-based metabolomics /Antonia Garcia and Coral Barbas --Use of two-dimensional gas chromatography-time-of-flight mass spectrometry (GCxGC-TOF-MS) for metabolomic analysis of polar metabolites /Kimberly Ralston-Hooper ... [et al.] --LC-MS-based metabolomics /Sunil Bajad and Vladimir Shulaev --Capillary electrophoresis-electrospray ionization-mass spectrometry (CE-ESI-MS)-based metabolomics /Philip Britz-McKibbin --Liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry (LC-MS)-based lipidomics for studies of body fluids and tissues /Heli Nygren ... [et al.] --Electrospray ionization tandem mass spectrometry (ESI-MS/MS)- based shotgun lipidomics /Giorgis Isaac --Processing and analysis of GC/LC-MS based metabolomics data /Elizabeth Want and Perrine Masson --Nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR)-based drug metabolite profiling /Eva M. Lenz --Nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR)-based metabolomics /Hector C. Keun and Toby J. Athersuch --Slow magic angle sample spinning : a non- or minimally invasive method for high-resolution ¹H nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) metabolic profiling /Jian Zhi Hu --Processing and modeling of nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) metabolic profiles /Timothy M. D. Ebbels, John C. Lindon, and Muireann Coen.
- Metal ions and their complexes in medication 2004, CRCnetBASESpeciation dependent intake and uptake of essential elements / Janette Davidge and David R. Williams -- Magnesium in human therapy / Hans-Georg Classen, Heimo Franz Schimatschek, and Konrad Wink -- Calcium status and supplementation / Lasse Larsson and Per Magnusson -- Zinc deficiency : its characterization and treatment / Amanda S. Prasad -- The use and role of zinc and its compounds in wound healing / Paul W. Jones and David R. Williams -- Iron chelators and their therapeutic potential / Robert R. Crichton and Roberta J. Ward -- Vanadium compounds in the treatment of diabetes / Katherine H. Thompson and Chris Orvig -- Copper and zinc complexes as antiinflammatory drugs / Carolyn T. Dillon ... [et al.] -- Gold complexes in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis / Luigi Messori and Giordana Marcon -- The medical use of lithium / Nicholas J. Birch -- Bismuth in medicine / Hongzhe Sun, Li Zhang, and Ka-Yee Szeto -- Metal complexes as chemotherapeutic agents against tropical diseases : malaria, trypanosomiasis, and leishmaniasis / Roberto A. Snchez-Delgado, Atilio Anzellotti, and Liliana Surez -- Metal complexes as therapeutic agents in nitrogen monoxide modulation / Simon P. Fricker.
- Methods in enzymology v. 1-, 1955-, ScienceDirect
- Methods in membrane lipids 2007, Springer Protocols
- Methods in methane metabolism. Part A, Methanogenesis. 1st ed. 2011, ScienceDirect1.Techniques for cultivating methanogens /Ralph S. Wolfe --2.Genetic methods for methanosarcina species /Nicole Buan, Gargi Kulkarni, and William Metcalf --3.Genetic systems for hydrogenotrophic methanogens /Felipe Sarmiento B., John A. Leigh, and William B. Whitman --4.Molecular tools for investigating ANME community structure and function /Steven J. Hallam ... [et al.] --5.Studying gene regulation in methanogenic archaea /Michael Rother, Christian Sattler, and Tilmann Stock --6.Growth of methanogens under defined hydrogen conditions /John A. Leigh --7.Preparation of [Fe]-hydrogenase from methanogenic archaea /Seigo Shima, Michael Schick, and Haruka Tamura --8.Assay of methylotrophic methyltransferases from methanogenic archaea /Donald J. Ferguson, David G. Longstaff, and Joseph A. Krzycki --9.Methyl-coenzyme M reductase from methanothermobacter marburgensis /Evert C. Duin, Divya Prakash, and Charlene Brungess --10.Methods for analysis of acetyl-CoA synthase : applications to bacterial and archaeal systems /David A. Grahame --11.Acetate kinase and phosphotransacetylase /James G. Ferry --12.Sodium ion translocation and ATP synthesis in methanogens /Katharina Schlegel and Volker Müller --13.Proton translocation in methanogens /Cornelia Welte and Uwe Deppenmeier --14.Measuring isotope fractionation by autotrophic microorganisms and enzymes /Kathleen M. Scott, Gordon Fox, and Peter R. Girguis --15.2-oxoacid metabolism in methanogenic CoM and CoB biosynthesis /David E. Graham --16.Biomethanation and its potential /Irini Angelidaki ... [et al.].
- Methods in methane metabolism. Part B, Methanotrophy 2011, ScienceDirect
- Microarrays in diagnostics and biomarker development 2012, SpringerMicroarray technology has made strong progress over the past decade, and there have also been significant changes in application areas, from nucleic acids to proteomics and from research to clinical applications. This book provides a comprehensive overview of microarrays in diagnostics and biomarker development, covering DNA, peptide, protein and tissue arrays. The focus is on entities that are in actual clinical use, or quite close, and on recent developments, such as peptide and aptamer arrays. A further topic is the miniaturisation towards nanoarrays, which is expected to have great potential in clinical applications. Relevant issues of bioinformatics and statistical analysis of array data are discussed in detail, as well as the barriers to the commercialisation of array-based tests and the vexing IP issues involved. Thus, the book should be very useful tor active array users as well as to newcomers seeking to make the best choice between different technologies.
- Microbial metagenomics, metatranscriptomics, and metaproteomics. First edition [1st ed.] 2013, ScienceDirectThis new volume of Methods in Enzymology continues the legacy of this premier serial with quality chapters authored by leaders in the field. This volume covers microbial metagenomics, metatranscriptomics, and metaproteomics, and includes chapters on such topics as in-solution FISH for single cell genome preparation, preparation of BAC libraries from marine microbial community DNA, and preparation of microbial community cDNA for metatranscriptomic analysis in marine plankton. Continues the legacy of this premier serial with quality chapters authored by leaders in the field.
- MicroRNA expression detection methods 2010, Springer
- MicroRNA interference technologies 2009., Springer
- MicroRNA methods 2007, ScienceDirect
- Microtubule protocols 2007, Springer Protocols
- MIPs and their role in the exchange of metalloids 2010, SpringerAquaporins : a family of highly regulated multifunctional channels / Charles Hachez and François Chaumont -- Phylogeny of major intrinsic proteins / Jonas Å.H. Danielson and Urban Johanson -- Metalloids, soil chemistry, and the environment / Enzo Lombi and Peter E. Holm -- Arsenic transport in prokaryotes and eukaryotic microbes / Barry P. Rosen and Markus J. Tamøs -- Metalloid transport by aquaglyceroporins : consequences in the treatment of human diseases / Rita Mukhopadhyay and Eric Beitz -- Roles of vertebrate aquaglyceroporins in arsenic transport and detoxification / Zijuan Liu -- Molecular mechanisms of boron transport in plants : involvement of arabidopsis NIP5;1 and NIP6;1 / Kyoko Miwa ... [et al.] -- Silicon transporters in higher plants / Jian Feng Ma -- Major intrinsic proteins and arsenic transport in plants : new players and their potential roles / Gerd P. Bienert and Thomas P. Jahn -- Major intrinsic proteins in biomimetic membranes / Claus Hølix Nielsen.
- Misbehaving proteins 2006, Springer
- Mitochondria 2007, SpringerRegulation of mitochondrial respiration in heart muscle / Ilmo Hassinen -- Regulation of fatty acid oxidation of the heart / Clifford D.L. Folmes and Gary D. Lopaschuk -- Regulation of mitochondrial fuel handling by the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors / Mary C. Sugden and Mark J. Holness -- Molecular structure of the mitochondrial citrate transport protein / Ronald S. Kaplan and June A. Mayor -- Regulation of pyruvate and amino acid metabolism / Thomas C. Vary, Wiley W. Souba, and Cristopher J. Lynch -- Amino acids and the mitochondria / Nicola King -- Mechanotransduction of shear-stress at the mitochondria / Abu-Bakr Al-Mehdi -- Formation of reactive oxygen species in mitochondria / Julio F. Turrens -- Mitochondrial calcium : role in the normal and ischaemic/reperfused myocardium / Elinor J. Griffiths ... [et al.] -- Mitochondrial ion channels / Brian O'Rourke -- The mitochondrial permeability transition pore : from molecular mechanism to reperfusion injury and cadioprotection / Andrew P. Halestrap, Samantha J. Clarke, and Igor Khalilin -- The apoptotic mitochondrial pathway : modulators, interventions, and clinical implications / M.-Saadeh Suleiman and Stephen W. Schaffer -- The role of mitochondria in necrosis following myocardial ischemia-reperfusion / Elizabeth Murphy and Charles Steenbergen -- Mitochondria and their role in ischemia/reperfusion injury / Sebastian Phillip, James M. Downey, and Michael V. Cohen -- Mitochondrial DNA damage and repair / Inna N. Shokolenko, Susan P. Ledoux, and Glenn L. Wilson.
- Mitochondria in health and disease 2005, CRCnetBASEIntroduction to mitochondria / Carolyn D. Berdanier -- Mitochondrial bioenergetics in intact tissue / Richard L. Veech -- The human mitochondrial genome: mechanisms of expression and maintenance / Jan-Willem Taanman and Sion Llewellyn Williams -- Oxidative phosphorylation disease: diagnosis and pathogenesis / John M. Shoffner -- Using mitochondrial DNA in population surveys / Carolyn D. Berdanier -- Mitochondrial DNA mutation, oxidative stress, and alteration of gene expression in human aging / Hsin--Chen Lee and Yau-Huei Wei -- Mitochondrial DNA in cardiomyopathies / Nobuakira Takeda -- Mitochondria in Diabetes mellitus / Hong Kyu Lee -- Drugs, nutrients, and hormones in mitochondrial function / Carolyn D. Berdanier -- Bacterial FF ATP synthase as a model for complex V / Brian D. Cain, Tammy Bohannon Grabar, and Depa Bhatt -- Cybrids in the study of animal mitochondrial genetics and pathology / Ian A. Trounce and Carl A. Pinkert -- Animal modeling: from transgenesis to transmitochondrial models / Carl A. Pinkert and Ian A. Trounce -- BHE/Cdb rats as tools to study mitochondrial gene expression / Carolyn D. Berdanier and Moon-Jeong Chang Kim -- Appendix 1 -- Appendix 2.
- Mitochondrial disorders caused by nuclear genes 2013, Springer
- Mitochondrial function. Part A, Mitochondrial electron transport complexes and reactive oxygen species 2009, ScienceDirect
- Mitochondrial function. Part B, Mitochondrial protein kinases, protein phosphatases and mitochondrial diseases 2009, ScienceDirect
- Mitochondrial oxidative phosphorylation 2012, SpringerIntroduction to Mitochondrial Oxidative Phosphorylation /Bernhard Kadenbach --Mitochondrial Dynamics: The Intersection of Form and Function /Andrew Ferree and Orian Shirihai --Biogenesis of Mitochondrial Proteins /Johannes M. Herrmann, Sebastian Longen, Daniel Weckbecker and Matthieu Depuydt --Assembly Factors of Human Mitochondrial Respiratory Chain Complexes: Physiology and Pathophysiology /Daniele Ghezzi and Massimo Zeviani --Supramolecular Organisation of the Mitochondrial Respiratory Chain: A New Challenge for the Mechanism and Control of Oxidative Phosphorylation /Giorgio Lenaz and Maria Luisa Genova --Molecular Mechanisms of Superoxide Production by the Mitochondrial Respiratory Chain /Stefan Dröse and Ulrich Brandt --Studies on the Function and Regulation of Mitochondrial Uncoupling Proteins /Richard K. Porter --Evolution of the Couple Cytochrome c and Cytochrome c Oxidase in Primates /Denis Pierron, Derek E. Wildman, Maik Hüttemann, Thierry Letellier and Lawrence I. Grossman --Reaction Mechanism of Mammalian Mitochondrial Cytochrome c Oxidase /Shinya Yoshikawa, Kazumasa Muramoto and Kyoko Shinzawa-Itoh --Phosphorylation of Mammalian Cytochrome c and Cytochrome c Oxidase in the Regulation of Cell Destiny: Respiration, Apoptosis, and Human Disease /Maik Hüttemann, Icksoo Lee, Lawrence I. Grossman, Jeffrey W. Doan and Thomas H. Sanderson --Individual Biochemical Behaviour Versus Biological Robustness: Spotlight on the Regulation of Cytochrome c Oxidase /Rabia Ramzan, Petra Weber, Bernhard Kadenbach and Sebastian Vogt --Bigenomic Regulation of Cytochrome c Oxidase in Neurons and the Tight Coupling Between Neuronal Activity and Energy Metabolism /Margaret T. T. Wong-Riley --Cytochrome c Oxidase and Its Role in Neurodegeneration and Neuroprotection /Susanne Arnold --The Many Clinical Faces of Cytochrome c Oxidase Deficiency /Salvatore DiMauro, Kurenai Tanji and Eric A. Schon.
- Modelling of GPCRs 2013, Springer
- Modulation of protein stability in cancer therapy 2009, Springer
- Molecular and cellular enzymology. Volume I-II 2010, Springer
- Molecular basis of human nutrition 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Molecular biology of metal homeostasis and detoxification 2006, Springer
- Molecular chaperones in health and disease 2006, Springer
- Molecular modeling of proteins 2008, Springer ProtocolsMolecular dynamics simulations / Erik R. Lindahl -- Monte Carlo simulations / David J. Earl and Michael W. Deem -- Hybrid quantum and classical methods for computing kinetic isotope effects of chemical reactions in solutions and in enzymes / Jiali Gao ... [et al.] -- Comparison of protein force fields for molecular dynamics simulations / Olgun Guvench and Alexander D. MacKerell, Jr. -- Normal modes and essential dynamics / Steven Hayward and Bert L. de Groot -- Calculation of absolute protein-ligand binding constants with the molecular dynamics free energy perturbation method / Hyung-June Woo -- Free energy calculations applied to membrane proteins / Christophe Chipot -- Molecular dynamics simulations of membrane proteins / Philip C. Biggin and Peter J. Bond -- Membrane-associated proteins and peptides / Marc F. Lensink -- Implicit membrane models for membrane protein simulation / Michael Feig -- Comparative modeling of proteins / Gerald H. Lushington -- Transmembrane protein models based on high-throughput molecular dynamics simulations with experimental constraints / Andrew J. Beevers and Andreas Kukol -- Nuclear magnetic resonance-based modeling and refinement of protein three-dimensional structures and their complexes / Gloria Fuentes, Aalt D.J. van Dijk, and Alexandre M.J.J. Bonvin -- Conformational changes in protein function / Haiguang Liu ... [et al.] -- Protein folding and unfolding by all-atom molecular dynamics simulations / Hongxin Lei and Yong Duan -- Modeling of protein misfolding in disease / Edyta B. Małolepsza -- Identifying putative drug targets and potential drug leads : starting points for virtual screening and docking / David S. Wishart -- Receptor flexibility for large-scale in silico ligand screens : chances and challenges / B. Fischer, H. Merlitz, and W. Wenzel -- Molecular docking / Garrett M. Morris and Marguerita Lim-Wilby.
- Mortalin biology 2012, SpringerPart 1.Structure and Function of Mortalin /Birth of Mortalin: Multiple Names, Niches and Functions Connecting Stress, Senescence and Cancer /Renu Wadhwa and Sunil C. Kaul --Mortalin's Machinery /Custer C. Deocaris, Sunil C. Kaul and Renu Wadhwa --The Role of Mortalin in Iron Homeostasis /Wen-I Luo and James A. Cowan --Functional Characteristics of Mortalin /Walter A. Baseler, Tara L. Croston and John M. Hollander --Part 2.Mortalin in Evolution2 Deocaris /Mortalin and Drosophila DmHsp22: Two Mitochondrial Chaperones Regulating Aging and Carcinogenesis /Marie Le Pécheur, Geneviève Morrow and Robert M. Tanguay --Mortalin in Invertebrates and The Induction of Apoptosis by Wild-Type p53 Following Defeat of Mortalin-Based Cytoplasmic Sequestration in Cancerous Clam Hemocytes /Charles W. Walker, Ben Low and S. Anne Böttger --Mortalin and Stem Cells: A Study from Planarians /Renata Batistoni --Part 3.Mortalin in Health and Disease /Mortalin in Cell Protection from Immune Attack /Moran Saar, Oren Moskovich and Zvi Fishelson --Mortalin in Neurological Diseases /Jinghua Jin, Jing Zhang, Travis J. Cook and Jake G. Hoekstra --Loss of Mortalin Function in Parkinson's Disease-Supporting the Mitochondrial Pathway of Neurodegeneration /Lena F. Burbulla and Rejko Krüger --Hsp75/mortalin and Protection from Ischemic Brain Injury /Robin E. White, Yi-Bing Ouyang and Rona G. Giffard --Catecholamine Regulated Protein (CRP40), A Splice Variant of Mortalin-2: Functional Role in CNS Disorders /Joseph P. Gabriele, Sarah E. Groleau, Ritesh P. Daya, Zdenek B. Pristupa and Ram K. Mishra --Chaperonopathies: Diseases in Which Mortalin and Other Hsp-Chaperones Play a Role in Etiology and Pathogenesis /Alberto J. L. Macario, Francesco Cappello and Everly Conway de Macario --Part 4.Mortalin and Cancer /Many Faces of Mortalin and Tid1 /Ohad Iosefson and Abdussalam Azem --Mortalin: A Positive Regulator of Centrosome Duplication and Amplification /Masayuki Kanai and Kenji Fukasawa --Mortalin Expression in Normal and Neoplastic Tissues /Angheliki Nomikos, Sinclair R. Dundas and Graeme I. Murray --Mortalin-p53 Interaction as a Target for Liver Cancer Therapy /Wen-Jing Lu, Nikki P. Lee, Renu Wadhwa and John M. Luk --Mortalin Targeting Gadgets for Cancer Therapy /Chae-Ok Yun and Renu Wadhwa --Part 5.Mortalin Based Technologies /Cell Internalizing Anti-Mortalin Antibody for Generation of Illuminating MSCs for Long-Term In vitro and In vivo Tracking /Toshimasa Uemura, Masanori Nishi, Sunil C. Kaul and Renu Wadhwa --Mortalin Staining Pattern as a Reporter for Cell Based Anti-Cancer Drug Screening /Ran Gao, Zeenia Kaul, Tomoko Yaguchi and Renu Wadhwa --Cell Internalizing Anti-mortalin Antibody as a Nanocarrier /Zeenia Kaul, Tomoko Yaguchi, Renu Wadhwa and Sunil C. Kaul.
- Myosins 2008, SpringerThe structural and functional diversity of the myosin family of actin-based molecular motors / M.S. Mooseker and B.J. Foth -- Myosin structure / K.C. Holmes -- The myosin family: Biochemical and kinetic properties / M. El-Mezgueldi and C.R. Bagshaw -- Myosin I / L.M. Coluccio -- Myosin II : Sarcomeric myosins, the motors of contraction in cardiac and skeletal muscles / C. Reggiani and R. Bottinelli -- Smooth-muscle myosin II / C.R. Cremo and D.J. Hartshorne -- Non-muscle myosin II / M. Conti, S. Kawamoto and R.S. Adelstein -- Class III myosins / A. Dosé, J. Lin-Jones and B. Burnside -- Myosin V / J.R. Sellers and L.S. Weisman -- Myosin VI : A multifunctional motor protein / F. Buss and J. Kendrick-Jones -- Myosin VII / A. El-Amraoui, A. Bahloul and C. Petit -- Plant myosins VIII, XI, and XIII / K. Yamamoto -- Class IX myosins / M. Bähler -- Myosin X / M.M. Divito and R.E. Cheney -- Myosin class XIV and other myosins in protists / K. Frénal, B.J. Foth and D. Soldati -- Myosin XVa / E.T. Boger ... [et al.].
- Natriuretic peptides 2006, Springer
- Natural product biosynthesis by microorganisms and plants. Part A-C. 1st ed. pt. A-C, 2012., ScienceDirectpt. C ScienceDirect
- Natural products isolation. 2nd ed. 2005, Springer ProtocolsNatural product isolation : an overview /Satyajit D. Sarker, Zahid Latif, and Alexander I. Gray --Initial and bulk extraction /Véronique Seidel --Supercritical fluid extraction /Lutfun Nahar and Satyajit D. Sarker --An introduction to planar chromatography /Simon Gibbons --Isolation of natural products by low-pressure column chromatography /Raymond G. Reid and Satyajit D. Sarker --Isolation by ion-exchange methods /David G. Durham --Separation by high-speed countercurrent chromatography /James B. McAlpine and Patrick Morris --Isolation by preparative high-performance liquid chromatography /Zahid Latif --Hyphenated techniques /Satyajit D. Sarker and Lutfun Nahar --Purification by solvent extraction using partition coefficient /Hideaki Otsuka --Crystallization in final stages of purification /Alastair J. Florence, Norman Shankland, and Andrea Johnston --Dereplication and partial identification of compounds /Laurence Dinan --Extraction of plant secondary metabolites /William P. Jones and A. Douglas Kinghorn --Isolation of marine natural products /Wael E. Houssen and Marcel Jaspars --Isolation of microbial natural products /Russell A. Barrow --Purification of water-soluble natural products /Yuzuru Shimizu and Bo Li --Scale-up of natural product isolation /Steven M. Martin, David A. Kau, and Stephen K. Wrigley --Follow-up of natural product isolation /Richard J.P. Cannell.
- Naturally occurring antibodies (NAbs) 2012, SpringerNaturally occurring IgM antibodies to oxidation-specific epitopes / Christoph J. Binder -- Naturally occurring autoantibodies to apoptotic cells / Keith B. Elkon and Gregg J. Silverman -- Naturally occurring antibodies directed against carbohydrate tumor antigens / Reinhard Schwartz-Albiez -- Naturally occurring antibodies as therapeutics for neurologic disease : can human monoclonal IgMs replace the limited resource IVIG? / Arthur E. Warrington ... [et al.] -- Nature and nurture of catalytic antibodies / Sudhir Paul ... [et al.] -- Naturally occurring autoantibodies in mediating clearance of senescent red blood cells / Hans U. Lutz -- Naturally occurring autoantibodies against ss-amyloid / Jan-Philipp Bach and Richard Dodel -- Multi-faceted role of naturally occurring autoantibodies in fighting pathogens / Hicham Bouhlal and Srini Kaveri -- Immunoregulation by naturally occurring and disease-associated autoantibodies : binding to cytokines and their role in regulation of T-cell responses / Claus H. Nielsen and Klaus Bendtzen -- Modulation of dendritic cells and regulatory T cells by naturally occurring antibodies / Jaap Kwekkeboom -- Control of B cells expressing naturally occurring autoantibodies / Jean Louis Pasquali and Thierry Martin -- Granulocyte death regulation by naturally occurring autoantibodies / Stephan Von Gunten and Hans-Uwe Simon -- Naturally occurring autoantibodies mediate ischemia/reperfusion-induced tissue injury / Sherry D. Fleming -- How immune complexes from certain IgG NAbs and any F(ab')2 can mediate excessive complement activation / Hans U. Lutz -- The natural autoantibody repertoire in newborns and adults : a current overview / Asaf Madi ... [et al.] -- Antibody polyspecificity : what does it matter? / Jordan D. Dimitrov, Anastas D. Pashov, Tchavdar L. Vassilev -- Positive and negative selection of natural autoreactive B cells / Richard R. Hardy and Kyoko Hayakawa -- Naturally occurring antibodies/autoantibodies in polyclonal immunoglobulin concentrates / Peter J. Späth and Hans U. Lutz.
- Neurobiology of actin 2011, Springer
- Receptor-based discovery strategies for insecticides and parasiticides: a review / Debra Woods ... [et al.] -- Nonpeptide ligands for peptidergic G protein-coupled receptors / Timothy G. Geary -- Interaction of mimetic analogs of insect kinin neuropeptides with arthropod receptors / Ronald J. Nachman and Patricia V. Pietrantonio -- Neuropeptides in helminths: occurrence and distribution / Nikki J. Marks and Aaron G. Maule -- Neuropeptide physiology in helminths / Angela Mousley ... [et al.] -- Neuropeptide gene families in Caenorhabditis elegans / Chris Li and Kyuhyung Kim -- Control of nematode parasites with agents acting on neuromusculature systems: lessons for neuropeptide ligand discovery / Richard J. Martin and Alan P. Robertson -- Neuropeptide signaling in insects / Miriam Altstein and Dick R. Nassel -- Neuropeptide physiology in insects / William G. Bendena -- Neuropeptide biology in Drosophila / Elke Clynen ... [et al.] -- Neuropeptide receptors as possible targets for development of insect pest control agents / Matthias B. Van Hiel ... [et al.].
- Neuropeptides in neuroprotection and neuroregeneration 2012, CRCnetBASE"Preface: Over the past four decades, the number of peptides identified as neurotransmitters or neuromodulators in the central and peripheral nervous systems has significantly increased. These compounds, known as neuropeptides, have been recognized for playing an important role in the communication between cells in a variety of neuronal networks. Although, a considerable number of neuropeptides have been characterized so far, their quantity is limited compared to the number of precursor proteins that are actually found to be expressed in cells of the nervous system. Numerous studies have confirmed that neuropeptides are involved in a number of biological activities. These include modulation of brain reward, pain processing, and immune response, as well as neuroendocrine regulations, control of neurovegetative functions, and trophic effects. In recent years, it has become evident that the role of neuropeptides as fast-acting neurotransmitters is challenged by the observation that many of them may act as growth factors by stimulating cell proliferation and slow-acting mitogenesis. It has thus been demonstrated that a number of neuroactive peptides, such as pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide (PACAP), adrenocorticotrophin (ACTH), opioid peptides, somatostatin, and substance P, may modulate proliferation and cell viability. Some peptides act as stimulatory factors on brain circuits involved in cognition, whereas others may act as inhibitory factors. Accordingly, many neuropeptide systems appear as important targets for neuroprotective drugs and drugs that promote neuroregeneration"--Provided by publisher.
- New frontiers of network analysis in systems biology 2012, SpringerGene Expression Profiling and Regulatory Networks in Single Cells /Fumio Arai, Kentaro Hosokawa, Yoshiko Matsumoto, Hirofumi Toyama and Toshio Suda --Cell Fate Regulatory Networks /Sonya J. Ridden and Ben D. MacArthur --Noise in Regulatory Networks /Srinandan Dasmahapatra --Generalised Modelling in Systems Biology /Thilo Gross --Relative Quantification Mass Spectrometry Using iTRAQ Isobaric Tags /Richard D. Unwin, Emma Carrick and Anthony D. Whetton --Deciphering Protein Complexes and Protein Interaction Networks for Stem Cell Pluripotency /Jianlong Wang --Omics Era in Stem Cell Research: Data Integration of Multi-regulatory Layers /Ana Sevilla, Benjamin Trinite and Ihor R. Lemischka --High Throughput Affinity Purification and Mass Spectrometry to Determine Protein Complex Interactions /Anna Malovannaya, Rainer B. Lanz, Bert W. O'Malley and Jun Qin --Network Pharmacology to Aid the Drug Discovery Process /Ruth Dannenfelser, Huilei Xu, Catherine Raimond and Avi Ma'ayan --What Can Networks Do for You? /Bernhard M. Schuldt, Franz-Josef Müller and Andreas A. Schuppert.
- New perspectives in magnesium research 2007, SpringerOverview -- Magnesium homeostasis -- Nutrition -- Epidemiology -- Exercise -- Metabolic syndrome -- Cardiovascular disease -- Skeletal diseases and calcium metabolism -- Kidney -- Neurology -- Magnesium in dental medicine -- Magnesium in neurology and psychiatry -- Veterinary medicine.
- NF-[kappa]B/Rel transcription factor family 2006, Springer
- Nitric oxide 2011, Springer ProtocolsNitric oxide physiology and pathology / David G. Hirst and Tracy Robson -- Ionizing radiation-induced DNA strand breaks and [gamma]-H2AX foci in cells exposed to nitric oxide / Kai Rothkamm and Susanne Burdak-Rothkamm -- Determination of S-nitrosothiols in biological fluids by chemiluminescence / Enika Nagababu and Joseph M. Rifkind -- Measurement of nitrite in blood samples using the ferricyanide-based hemoglobin oxidation assay / Barbora Piknova and Alan N. Schechter -- Selective fluorescent activation for bioimaging the expression of nitric oxide in cellular and in vivo systems / Junfeng Zhang and Hao Hong -- Real-time measurement of murine hippocampus NO levels in response to cerebral ischemia/reperfusion / Xiaoxiang Zheng, Kezhou Liu, and Yong Yang -- Detection of low levels of nitric oxide using an electrochemical sensor / Yong Chool Boo ... [et al.] -- Determination of the scavenging capacity against reactive nitrogen species by automatic flow injection-based methodologies / Marcela A. Segundo ... [et al.] -- Aqueous measurement of nitric oxide using membrane inlet mass spectrometry / David N. Silverman and Chingkuang Tu -- Quantum cascade laser technology for the ultrasensitive detection of low-level nitric oxide / Angela Elia ... [et al.] -- Determination of in vivo nitric oxide levels in animal tissues using a novel spin trapping technology / Anatoly F. Vanin and Alexander A. Timoshin -- [Beta] cell protection by inhibition of iNOS through lentiviral vector-based strategies / Sean O. Hynes, Cillian McCabe, and Timothy O'Brien -- Characterization of nitric oxide delivery systems produced by various nanotechnologies / Chi H. Lee -- Nitric oxide releasing nanoparticle synthesis and characterization / George Han, Adam J. Friedman, and Joel M. Friedman -- NOS antagonism using viral vectors as an experimental strategy : implications for in vivo studies of cardiovascular control and peripheral neuropathies / Beihui Liu ... [et al.]
- Nitric oxide. 2nd ed. 2010, ScienceDirectSection I: -- Chemical biology: Determinants of nitric oxide chemistry: inpact of cell signaling processes / Douglas D. Thomas, Wilmarie Flores-Santana, Christopher H. Switzer -- Nitric oxide redox biochemistry in lipid environments / Andrés Trostchansky, Matías N. Möller, Silvina Bartesaghi, Horacio Botti, Ana Denicola, Rafael Radi and Homero Rubbo -- Mechanisms and biological consequences of peroxynitrite-dependent protein oxidation and nitration / Madia Trujillo, Beatriz Alvarez, José M. Souza, Natalia Romero, Laura Castro, Leonor Thomson and Rafael Radi -- Systems approaches to unraveling nitric oxide response netwoeks in prokaryotes / Laura R. Jarboe, Daniel R. Hyduke and James C. Liao.Section II: -- Principles of biology: (A. Nitric oxide synthases) Uncoupling of endothelial nitric oxide synthase in cardiovascular disease and its pharmacological reversal / Ulrich Förstermann -- Tetrahydrobiopterin: an essential cofactor for nitric oxide syntahases and amino acid hydroxylases / Christina E. Higgins and Steven S. Gross -- Regulation of the expression of inducible nitric oxide synthase / Hartmut Kleinert, Julia Art and Andrea Pautz -- Molecular regulation of inducible nitric oxide synthase / Qiang Du and David A. Geller -- (B. Guanylate cyclase and cyclic GMP) Soluble guanylate cyclase: allosteric activtion and redox regulation / Adrian J. Hobbs and Johannes-Peter Stasch (C. Nitric oxide signaling) Untargeted discovery of nitric oxide-modified proteins / Ruba Deeb, Tal Nuriel and Steven S. Gross -- Fatty acid transduction of nitric oxide signaling: cyclooxygenases, lipoxygenases and nitro-fatty acids / Marsha P. Cole and Bruce A. Freeman -- Nitric oxide signaling in vascular cells is regulated through CD47 by thrombospondin-1 / Jeffery S. Isenberg, William A. Frazier and David D. Roberts -- The regulation of cell energetics and mitochondrial signaling by nitric oxide / Alberto Boveris, Maria Cecilia Carreras and Juan Jose Poderoso -- (D. Regulation of nitric oxide production) Nitric oxide-asymmetric dimedthylarginine system in endothelial cell senescence / Fortunato Scalera and Stefanie M. Bode-Böger -- (E. Nitric oxide and remodeling) The role of nitric oxide in apoptosis and autophagy: biochemical and computational studies / P. A. Loughran, E. Z. Bagci, R. Zamora, Y. Vodovotz and T. R. Billiar -- (F. Nitrite and nitrate) Nitric oxide formation from inorganic nitrate and nitrite / Jon O. Lundberg and Eddie Weitzberg -- Mechanisms of nitrite reduction in ischemia in the cardiovascular system / Andrew Webb and Amrita Ahluwalia -- Nitrite therapy for ischemic syndromes / Christopher G. Kevil and David J. Lefer -- Nitrite and heme globins: reaction mechanisms and physiological targets / Sruti Shiva, Sheila Frizzill and Mark T. Gladwin.Section III: -- Principles of pathobiology (A. Nitric oxide and cardiovascular function) Nitric oxide in vascular damage and regeneration / Claudio Napoli, Lilach O. Lerman, Maria Luisa Balestrieri and Louis J. Ignarro -- Free radicals as atherosclerotic risk in relation to nitric oxide / Toshio Hayashi and Akihisa -- The role of oxidative stress in endothelial dysfunction and vascular inflammation / Elena Osto and Francesco Cosentino -- (B. Pathophysiological mechanism of nitric oxide) Nitric oxide, oxidative stress, immune response and critical care / Claudio Napoli, Ettore Crimi, Sharon Williams-Ignarro, Filomena de Nigris and Louis J. Ignarro -- Reactive metabolites of oxygen and nitrogen in liver ischemia and reperfusion injury / Ian N. Hines and Matthew B. Grisham -- Nitric oxide in airway inflammation / Yong Chul Lee, So Ri Kim, Eun-Kyeong Jo, Hyun-Ock Pae and Hun-Taeg Chung -- Novel therapeutic applications of nitric oxide in the inhibition of tumor malignancy and reversal of resistance / Benajmin Bonavida.
- Nitric oxide. Part E-F pt. E-F, 2005, 2008., ScienceDirectpt. F, 2008 ScienceDirect
- Nitric oxide. Part G, Oxidative and nitrosative stress in redox regulation of cell signaling 2008, ScienceDirect
- Non-fibrillar amyloidogenic protein assemblies 2012, Springer
- Non-natural amino acids. 1st ed. 2009, ScienceDirect
- Nuclear import and export in plants and animals 2005, SpringerNuclear import and export of mammalian viruses / Michael Bukrinsky -- Nuclear import of DNA / David A. Dean and Kerimi E. Gokay -- Nuclear transport research methods / Jose Omar Bustamante.Regulation of nuclear import and export of proteins in plants and its role in light signal transduction / Stefan Kircher ... [et al.] -- Nuclear export: shuttling across the nuclear pore / John A. Hanover and Dona C. Love -- Nuclear protein import: distinct intracellular receptors for different types of import substrates / David A. Jans and Jade K. Forwood -- The molecular mechanisms of mRNA export / Tetsuya Taura, Mikiko C. Siomi and Haruhiko Siomi --Structure of the nuclear pore / Michael Elbaum -- Integral proteins of the nuclear pore membrane / Merav Cohen, Katherine L. Wilson and Yosef Gruenbaum -- Subnuclear trafficking and the nuclear matrix / Iris Meier -- Nuclear import and export signals / Toshihiro Sekimoto, Jun Katahira and Yoshihiro Yoneda -- Nuclear import of plant proteins / Glenn R. Hicks -- Nuclear import of agrobacterium T-DNA / Tzvi Tzfira, Benoit Lacroix and Vitaly Citovsky --
- Nuclear receptor 2002, ScienceDirect
- Nuclear receptors 2010, SpringerNuclear receptors an introductory overview / C.M. Bunce and M.J. Campbell -- What does evolution teach us about nuclear receptors? / G. Markov, F. Bonneton and V. Laudet -- Functions of nuclear receptors in insect development / D. Martín -- The glucocorticoid receptor / R.H. Oakley and J.A. Cidlowski -- Estrogen receptors: Their actions and functional roles in health and disease / S. Nilsson and J.-Å. Gustafsson -- Androgen receptor / J.T. Dalton and W. Gao -- Thyroid hormone receptors / B. Vennström, H. Liu and D. Forrest -- The vitamin D receptor (NR1I1) / O. Maguire and M.J. Campbell -- Retinoic acid receptors / A. Cras, F. Guidez and C. Chomienne -- PPARs: Important regulators in metabolism and inflammation / L.M. Sanderson and S. Kersten -- Xenobiotic receptors CAR and PXR / C. Klaassen and H. Lu -- Fxr / Y. Wang ... [et al.] -- Physiological functions of TR2 and TR4 orphan nuclear receptor / S. Liu ... [et al.] -- Nuclear receptors and ATP dependent chromatin remodeling: A complex story / C.J. Burd and T.K. Archer -- Non-genomic action of sex steroid hormones / A. Migliaccio, G. Castoria and F. Auricchio -- Ligand regulation and nuclear receptor action / M. Hewison -- New insights to nuclear receptor gene regulation from analysis of their response elements in target genes / C. Carlberg -- Systems biology: Towards realistic and useful models of molecular networks / F.J. Bruggeman ... [et al.].
- Nuclear receptors 2003, ScienceDirect
- Nucleic acids research Database issue 2004, PMC
- Nucleolus 2011, Springer
- Nucleoside triphosphates and their analogs 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Nucleosomes, histones & chromatin. Part A-B pt. A-B, 2012., ScienceDirect
- Numerical methods for the life scientist 2011, Springer
- Nutrients and epigenetics 2009, CRCnetBASEMethylation on the nucleosome / Da Jia and Xiaodong Cheng -- Mammalian DNA methyltransferases / Michael J. Boland and Judith K. Christman -- Chromatin remodeling and histone modifications / Gavin R. Schnitzler -- Nutrients and DNA methylation / Sang-Woon Choi, Roberto Corrocher, and Simonetta Friso -- Nutrients, histone modifications, and chromatin remodeling in chronic inflammation / Barbara Delage and Roderick H. Dashwood -- Nutrients, epigenetics, and embryonic development / Craig A. Cooney -- Nutrients, epigenetics, and aging / John C. Mathers and Dianne Ford -- Nutrition, epigenetics, and cancer / Sharon A. Ross -- Conclusions and future perspectives / Sang-Woon Choi and Simonetta Friso.
- Obstructive airway diseases 2012, CRCnetBASE"Incidences of inflammatory airway diseases are on the rise across the world. Existing therapeutic options are ineffective, unsafe, and expensive, and severe cases are nonresponsive to conventional therapy. Therefore, it is imperative that research be undertaken to discover new treatment options. Obstructive Airway Diseases: Role of Lipid Mediators discusses clinically successful and potential lipid targets that can make a difference in treating some of the most intractable disease states."--Publisher description.
- Organelle proteomics 2008, Springer ProtocolsAnalysis of organelles by on-line two-dimensional liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry / Edwin P. Romijn and John R. Yates III -- Purification and proteomic analysis of chloroplasts and their sub-organellar compartments / Daniel Salvi ... [et al.] -- Proteomic analysis of the stacked golgi complex / Mark S. Lowenthal, Kathryn E. Howell, and Christine C. Wu -- Purification of Saccharomyces cerevisiae mitochondria by zone electrophoresis in a free flow device / Hans Zischka ... [et al.] -- Preparation of respiratory chain complexes from Saccharomyces cerevisiae wild-type and mutant mitochondria : activity measurement and subunit composition analysis / Claire Lemaire and Geneviève Dujardin -- Mitochondrial proteomics : analysis of a whole mitochondrial extract with two-dimensional electrophoresis / Thierry Rabilloud -- Purification and proteomic analysis of the mouse liver mitochondrial inner membrane / Sandrine Da Cruz and Jean-Claude Martinou -- Subcellular fractionation and proteomics of nuclear envelopes / Laurence Florens, Nadia Korfali, and Eric C. Schirmer -- Purification and proteomic analysis of a nuclear-insoluble protein fraction / Tsuneyoshi Horigome, Kazuhiro Furukawa, and Kohei Ishii -- Preparation methods of human metaphase chromosomes for their proteome analysis / Kiichi Fukui, Hideaki Takata, and Susumu Uchiyama -- Purification and proteomic analysis of plant plasma membranes / Erik Alexandersson ... [et al.] -- Protocol to enrich and analyze plasma membrane proteins from frozen tissues / Jacek R. Wiśniewski -- Proteomic characterization of membrane protein topology / Adele R. Blackler and Christine C. Wu -- Free flow isoelectric focusing : a method for the separation of both hydrophilic and hydrophobic proteins of rat liver peroxisomes / Markus Islinger and Gerhard Weber -- Use of gas-phase fractionation to increase protein identifications : application to the peroxisome / Jacob Kennedy and Eugene C. Yi -- Purification and proteomic analysis of lysosomal integral membrane proteins / Huiwen Zhang ... [et al.] -- Affinity purification of soluble lysosomal proteins for mass spectrometric identification / Sylvie Kieffer-Jaquinod ... [et al.] -- Purification and proteomic analysis of synaptic vesicles / Holly D. Cox and Charles M. Thompson -- Purification and proteomics analysis of pancreatic zymogen granule membranes / Xuequn Chen and Philip C. Andrews -- Isolation and proteomic analysis of chlamydomonas centrioles / Lani C. Keller and Wallace F. Marshall -- Purification and proteomic analysis of 20S proteasomes from human cells / Marie-Pierre Bousquet-Dubouch ... [et al.] -- Characterization of E. coli ribosomal particles : combined analysis of whole proteins by mass spectrometry and of proteolytic digests by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry / Isabelle Iost ... [et al.] -- Assessment of organelle purity using antibodies and specific assays : the example of the chloroplast envelope / Daniel Salvi ... [et al.] -- Identifying bona fide components of an organelle by isotope-coded labeling of subcellular fractions : an example in peroxisomes / Marcello Marelli, Alexey I. Nesvizhskii, and John D. Aitchison -- Determination of genuine residents of plant endomembrane organelles using isotope tagging and multivariate statistics / Kathryn S. Lilley and Tom P.J. Dunkley -- Quantitative proteomic analysis to profile dynamic changes in the spatial distribution of cellular proteins / Wei Yan, Daehee Hwang, and Ruedi Aebersold -- Use of transcriptomic data to support organelle proteomic analysis / Wallace F. Marshall.
- Origin of mitochondria and hydrogenosomes 2007, SpringerThe road to hydrogenosomes -- Mitochondria: key to complexity -- Origin, function,and transmission of mitochondria -- Mitochondria and their host: morphology to molecular phylogeny -- Anaerobic mitochondria: properties and origins -- Iron-sulfur proteins and iron-sulfur cluster assembly in organisms with hydrogenosomes and mitosomes -- Hydrogenosomes (and related organelles, either) are not the same -- The chimeric origin of mitochondria: photosynthetic cell enslavement, gene-transfer pressure, and compartmentation efficiency -- Constantin Merezhkowsky and the endokaryotic hypothesis -- The diversity of mitochondrion-related organelles amongst eukaryotic microbes -- Mitosomes of parasitic protozoa: biology and evolutionary significance -- index.
- Orphan G protein-coupled receptors and novel neuropeptides 2006, Springer
- Osmosensing and osmosignaling 2007, ScienceDirectWater compartments in cells / G. D. Fullerton ... [et al.] -- Yeast osmoregulation / S. Hohmann ... [et al.] -- Physiological analysis of bacterial mechanosensitive channels / I. R. Booth ... [et al.] -- Control of cell cycle in response to osmostress: Lessons from yeast / J. Clotet ... [et al.] -- Bacterial osmosensing transporters / J. M. Wood -- Plant gene networks in osmotic stress response: From genes to regulatory networks / L. S. Tran ... [et al.] -- Osmosensing by integrins in rat liver / F. Schliess ... [et al.] -- Hyperosmotic activation of the CD95 system / R. Reinehr ... [et al.] -- New approaches for determining apoptotic volume decrease in cells / C. D. Bortner ... [et al.] -- Transient receptor potential channels in mechanosensing and cell volume regulation / S. F. Pedersen ... [et al.] -- Cell volume regulatory ion channels in cell proliferation and cell death / F. Lang ... [et al.] -- Actin cytoskeleton architecture and signaling in osmosensing / E. A. Papakonstanti ... [et al.] -- Osmotic stress and DNA damage / N. I. Dmitrieva ... [et al.] -- Transcriptional activator tone-binding protein in cellular protection and differentiation / J. A. Kim ... [et al.] -- Desiccation response of mammalian cells: Anhydrosignaling / Z. Huang ... [et al.] -- Tonicity-regulated gene expression / J. D. Ferraris ... [et al.] -- Hyperosmotic induction of mitogen-activated protein kinase scaffolding / T. L. Hilder ... [et al.] -- Osmoregulation of bile formation / R. Kubitz ... [et al.] -- Osmosignaling and volume regulation in intestinal epithelial cells / C. H. Lim ... [et al.] -- Osmotic regulation of cellular glucose uptake / P. Gual ... [et al.] -- Effects of osmolytes on protein folding and aggregation in cells / Z. Ignatova ... [et al.] -- Simulations of macromolecules in protective and denaturing osmolytes: Properties of mixed solvent systems and their effects on water and protein structure and dynamics / D. A. Beck ... [et al.] -- Application of the transfer model to understand how naturally occurring osmolytes affect protein stability / M. Auton ... [et al.] -- Mechanisms of high salinity tolerance in plants / N. Tuteja -- Phenotype of the taurine transporter knockout mouse / U. Warskulat ... [et al.] -- Molecular basis of osmolyte effects on protein and metabolites / J. Rosgen -- Methods of changing biopolymer volume fraction and cytoplasmic solute concentrations for in vivo biophysical studies / M. C. Konopka ... [et al.] -- Characterization of plant aquaporins / R. Kaldenhoff ... [et al.].
- Oxidative damage to nucleic acids 2007, SpringerOxidatively generated damage to cellular DNA : mechanistic aspects / Jean Cadet ... [et al.] -- Chlorination and nitration of DNA and nucleic acid components / Clare L. Hawkins ... [et al.] -- Prevention of the mutagenicity and cytotoxicity of oxidized purine nucleotides / Yusaku Nakabeppu ... [et al.] -- Nucleotide incision repair : an alternative and ubiquitous pathway to handle oxidative DNA damage / Sophie Couvé-Privat ... [et al.] -- OGG1 : from structural analysis to the knockout mouse / Arne Klungland, Jon K. Laerdahl, and Torbjörn Rognes -- Processing of 3'-end modified DNA strand breaks induced by oxidative damage / Jason L. Parsons, Emma Boswell, and Grigory L. Dianov -- Oxidative damage and promoter function / David Mitchell and Rita Ghosh -- Oxidative DNA damage and telomere shortening / Torsten Richter and Thomas von Zglinicki -- Oxidative damage and repair in the mitochondrial genome / Lene Juel Rasmussen and Keshav K. Singh --The role of oxidative damage to nucleic acids in the pathogenesis of neurological disease / V. Prakash Reddy ... [et al.] -- Nucleic acid oxidation and the pathogenesis of cardiovascular diseases / Maria Grazia Andreassi -- Oxidative DNA damage and carcinogenesis / Ryszard Olinski, Marek Foksinski, and Barbara Tudek -- The physiological and pathological roles of oxidative damage to DNA in relation to life stage / Alberto Izzotti -- Analysis of 8-hydroxy-2'-deoxyguanosine as a marker of oxidatively damaged DNA in relation to carcinogenesis and aging / H. Kasai ... [et al.] -- Oxidatively damaged DNA and inflammation / Peter C. Dedon and Marita C. Barth -- The role of antioxidants in the prevention of oxidative damage to nucleic acids / Peter Muller and Steffen Loft.
- Oxidative phosphorylation in health and disease 2004, SpringerThe human OXPHOS system / Immo E. Scheffler -- Molecular biology of the OXPHOS system / Richard C. Scarpulla -- Clinical diagnosis of oxidative phosphorylation disorders / Robert McFarland ... [et al.] -- Contribution of histopathological examination to the diagnosis of OXPHOS disorders / Martin Lammens and Henk ter Laak -- Biochemical diagnosis of OXPHOS disorders / J.M. Frans Trijbels ... [et al.] -- Mitochondrial DNA and OXPHOS disorders / Massimo Zeviani and Valerio Carelli -- Nuclear DNA and oxidative phosphorylation / Lambert P. van den Heuvel and Jan A.M. Smeitink -- Cell biological consequences of OXPHOS disorders / Werner J.H. Koopman ... [et al.] -- Animal models of OXPHOS disorders / Nicole Hance and Nils-Göran Larsson -- Therapeutic options in OXPHOS disorders / Rob C.A. Sengers ... [et al.] -- Prenatal diagnostics in oxidative phosphorylation disorders / Antoon J.M. Janssen ... [et al.] -- Future developments in the laboratory diagnosis of OXPHOS disorders / David R. Thorburn.
- Oxygen sensing 2004, ScienceDirect
- P53 in the clinics 2013, Springer
- PAKs, RAC/CDC42 (p21)-activated kinases. First edition. 2013, ScienceDirectFunctional maturation of PAKs from unicellular to multicellular organisms / Masato Okada, Graham Cote, Ramesh K. Jha, and Hiroshi Maruta.
- Paraoxonases 2008, Springer
- Paraoxonases in inflammation, infection, and toxicology 2010, Springer
- PCR technology. 2nd ed. 2004, CRCnetBASE
- PCR technology. 3rd ed. / 2013, CRCnetBASE"A technique used to amplify the number of copies of a specific region of DNA, the polymerase chain reaction (PCR) is at the forefront of the dramatic development of biochemistry. This text provides the tools for developing innovative approaches to using this leading technology. It includes theoretical considerations, discussions, and a selection of state-of-the-art techniques for mutation studies, clinical diagnosis, and the detection of food-borne pathogens. This edition also discusses the preparation of PCR experiments, includes examples of analytical PCR divided into qualitative and quantitative applications, and explores preparative methods that address DNA generation for further analysis and in vitro evolution"--Provided by publisher.
- Peptide characterization and application protocols 2007, Springer ProtocolsHPLC analysis and purification of peptides / Colin T. Mant ... [et al.] -- Identification of proteins based on MS/MS spectra and location of posttranslational modifications / Kathryn L. Stone ... [et al.] -- Determination of phosphorylated and O-glycosylated sites by chemical targeting (CTID) at ambient temperature / Gary M. Hathaway -- Synthesis, biosynthesis, and characterization of transmembrane domains of a G protein-coupled receptor / Fred Naider -- Application of topologically constrained mini-proteins as ligands, substrates, and inhibitors / Janelle L. Lauer-Fields ... [et al.] -- Proteolytic profiling of the extracellular matrix degradome / Diane Baronas-Lowell ... [et al.] -- [Beta]-amyloid protein aggregation / Marcus A. Etienne ... [et al.] -- Radiometal-labeled somatostatin analogs for applications in cancer imaging and therapy / Jason S. Lewis and Carolyn J. Anderson -- Cell-penetrating proline-rich peptidomimetics / Josep Farrera-Sinfreu ... [et al.] -- Peptide-mediated targeting of liposomes to tumor cells / Evonne M. Rezler ... [et al.] -- Peptide-mediated delivery of nucleic acids into mammalian cells / Sébastien Deshayes ... [et al.] -- Broth microdilution antibacterial assay of peptides / Laszlo Otvos and Mare Cudic -- Depsipeptide synthesis / Maciej Stawikowski and Predrag Cudic.
- Peptide nucleic acids 2002, Springer Protocols
- PNAs as novel cancer therapeutics / Luca Mologni and Carlo Gambacorti-Passerini -- Medicinal chemistry of plasmid DNA with peptide nucleic acids : a new strategy for gene therapy / Olivier Zelphati ... [et al.] -- Locked nucleic acids (LNA) and medical applications / Henrik Ørum, Andreas Wolter and Lars Kongsbak -- Peptide nucleic acids as agents to modify target gene expression and function / Gan Wang and Peter M. Glazer -- Peptide nucleic acids : cellular delivery and recognition of DNA and RNA targets / David R. Corey --Receptor-specific targeting with complementary peptide nucleic acids conjugated to peptide analogs and radionuclides / Eric Wickstrom, Mathew L. Thakur and Edward R. Sauter -- Morpholinos and PNAs compared / James E. Summerton -- Chemistry of locked nucleic acids (LNA) : design, synthesis and bio-physical properties / Jesper Wengel ... [et al.] -- Recent applications of RNA interference (RNAi) in mammalian systems / Lisa Scherer and John J. Rossi -- Peptide nucleic acids as epigenetic inhibitors of HIV-1 / Shizuko Sei -- Therapeutic uses of peptide nucleic acids (PNA) in oncology / Nadia Zaffaroni, Raffaella Villa and Marco Folini --The many faces of PNA / Peter E. Nielsen -- Modulation of nucleic acid information processing by PNAs : potential use in anti-viral therapeutics / Lionel Bastide, Bernard Lebleu and Ian Robbins -- Targeted gene delivery : the role of peptide nucleic acid / Kenneth W. Liang, Feng Liu and Leaf Huang -- Imaging gene expression in the brain with peptide nucleic acid (PNA) antisense radiopharmaceuticals and drug targeting technology / Ruben J. Boado and William M. Pardridge --The use of PNAs and their derivatives in mitochondrial gene therapy / Paul M. Smith ... [et al.] -- Gene silencing through RNA interference: potential for therapeutics and functional genomics / David O. Azorsa, Spyro Mousses and Natasha J. Caplen -- Transcriptional activation of human CREB gene promoter using bis-PNA (peptide nucleic acid) / Christopher G. Janson ... [et al.].
- Peptide receptors Part 1-2. 1st ed. pt. 1-2, 2000-2003., ScienceDirectpt. 2 (2003) ScienceDirect
- Peptide research protocols 2002, Springer Protocols
- Peptides for youth 2009, Springer
- PGPR 2006, Springer
- Phase II conjugation enzymes and transport systems 2005, ScienceDirect
- Phosphoinositide 3-kinase in health and disease 2010, SpringerVol. 1 / (ix, 306 p.) -- v. 2. / (x, 301 p.).
- Phosphoinositide 3-kinase in health and disease 2010, SpringerVol. 1 / (ix, 306 p.) -- v. 2. / (x, 301 p.).
- Phosphoinositides I 2012, SpringerThe Phosphatidylinositol 4-Kinases: Don't Call it a Comeback /Shane Minogue and Mark G. Waugh --PIP Kinases from the Cell Membrane to the Nucleus /Mark Schramp, Andrew Hedman, Weimin Li, Xiaojun Tan and Richard Anderson --The Phospholipase C Isozymes and Their Regulation /Aurelie Gresset, John Sondek and T. Kendall Harden --Phosphoinositide 3-Kinases-A Historical Perspective /Alex Toker --PI3Ks-Drug Targets in Inflammation and Cancer /Matthias Wymann --Phosphoinositide 3-Kinases in Health and Disease /Alessandra Ghigo, Fulvio Morello, Alessia Perino and Emilio Hirsch --Phosphoinositide Phosphatases: Just as Important as the Kinases /Jennifer M. Dyson, Clare G. Fedele, Elizabeth M. Davies, Jelena Becanovic and Christina A. Mitchell --The PTEN and Myotubularin Phosphoinositide 3-Phosphatases: Linking Lipid Signalling to Human Disease /Nicholas R. Leslie, Elizabeth M. Davies, David A. Sheffield, Priyanka Tibarewal and Clare G. Fedele, et al.
- Phosphoinositides II 2012, Springer
- Phosphorescent oxygen-sensitive probes 2012, SpringerO2-Sensitive Probes Based on Phosphorescent Metalloporphyrins /Ruslan I. Dmitriev and Dmitri B. Papkovsky --O2 Analysis on a Fluorescence Spectrometer or Plate Reader /Alexander V. Zhdanov, James Hynes, Ruslan I. Dmitriev and Dmitri B. Papkovsky --O2 Imaging in Biological Specimens /Andreas Fercher, Alexander V. Zhdanov and Dmitri B. Papkovsky.
- Physical basis of biochemistry 2011, Springerpt. 1. Principles of biophysical inquiry -- pt. 2. Foundations -- pt. 3. Building a model of biomolecular structure -- pt. 4. Function and action biological state space -- pt. 5. Methods for the measuring structure and function -- pt. 6. Physical constants.
- Physical properties of lipids 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Effect of Lifestyle, Aging, and Phytochemicals on the Onset of Neurological Disorders --Beneficial Effects of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (n-9 Fatty Acids) on Neurological Disorders --Beneficial Effects of Flaxseed Oil (n-3 Fatty Acids) on Neurological Disorders --Beneficial Effects of Flavonoids on Neurological Disorders --Beneficial Effects of Green Tea Catechins on Neurological Disorders --Beneficial Effects of Curcumin on Neurological Disorders --Beneficial Effects of Resveratrol on Neurological Disorders --Beneficial Effects of Ginkgo biloba in Neurological Disorders --Beneficial Effects of Garlic Components on Neurological Disorders --Beneficial Effects of Propolis on Neurological Disorders --Perspective and Direction for Future Research on Phytochemicals in Neurological Disorders.
- Poly(ADP-ribosyl)ation 2006, SpringerEnzymes in poly(ADP-ribose) metabolism / Ralph G. Meyer ... [et al.] -- PARP-2: structure-function relationship / Valørie Schreiber ... [et al.] -- Targeting the poly(ADP-ribose) glycohydrolase (PARG) gene in mammals / Ulrich Cortes and Zhao-Qi Wang -- DNA damage signaling through poly(ADP-ribose) / Maria Malanga and Felix R. Althaus -- Roles of poly(ADP-ribose) metabolism in the regulation of centrosome duplication and in the maintenance of neuronal integrity / Masanao Miwa ... [et al.] -- Functional interactions of PARP-1 with p53 / Rafael Alvarez-Gonzalez ... [et al.] -- Dynamic interaction between PARP-1, PCNA and p21waf1/cip1 / Ennio Prosperi and A. Ivana Scovassi -- Parp-1 as novel coactivator of NF-kB in inflammatory disorders / Paul O. Hassa and Michael O. Hottiger -- PARP and epigenetic regulation / Paola Caiafa -- PARP and the release of apoptosis-inducing factor from mitochondria / Suk Jin Hong, Ted M. Dawson and Valina L. Dawson -- Genome degradation by DNAS1L3 endonuclease: a key PARP-1-regulated event in apoptosis / A. Hamid Boulares, Alexander G. Yakovlev and Mark E. Smulson --NAD-metabolism and regulatory functions / Mathias Ziegler -- PARP-1 and the shape of cell death / Laszlø Virøg -- Poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase (PARP) and excitotoxicity / Domenico E. Pellegrini-Giampietro, Alberto Chiarugi and Flavio Moroni -- Poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase and ischemia-reperfusion injury / Prabal K. Chatterjee and Christoph Thiemermann -- Role of poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase activation in the pathogenesis of inflammation and circulatory shock / Csaba Szabø -- Role of poly-ADP-ribosylation in cancer development / Mitsuko Masutani ... [et al.] -- PARP inhibitors and cancer therapy / Nicola J. Curtin -- Poly(ADP-ribosyl)ation and aging / Sascha Beneke and Alexander Bürkle.
- Post-transcriptional regulation by STAR proteins 2010, SpringerSTAR trek: an introduction to STAR family proteins and review of quaking (QKI) / Karen Artzt and Jiang I. Wu -- The STAR family member: QKI and cell signaling / Yue Feng and Andrew Bankston -- Insights into the structural basis of RNA : recognition by STAR domain proteins / Sean P. Ryder and Francesca Massi -- Post-translational regulation of STAR proteins and effects on their biological functions / Claudio Sette -- Expression and fuctions of the STAR proteins Sam68 and T-STAR in mammalian spermatogenesis / Ingrid Ehrmann and David J. Elliott -- The role of quaking in mammalian embryonic development / Monica J. Justice and Karen K. Hirschi -- Drosophila STAR proteins: what can be learned from flies? / Talila Volk -- C. elegans STAR proteins, GLD-1 and ASD-2, regulate specific RNA targets to control development / Min-Ho Lee and Tim Schedl -- The branchpoint binding protein: in and out of the spliceosome cycle / Brian C. Rymond -- Reaching for the STARs: linking RNA binding proteins to diseases / Stéphane Richard.
- Post-translational modifications in health and disease 2011, Springer
- Post-translational modifications of proteins. 2nd ed. 2008, Springer ProtocolsDisulfide bond mapping by cyanylation-induced cleavage and mass spectrometry / Jiang Wu -- Detection of post-translational modifications by fluorescent staining of two-dimensional gels / Archana M. Jacob and Chris W. Turck -- Identification of protein phosphorylation sites by advanced LC-ESI-MS/Ms methods / Christoph Weise and Christof Lenz -- Analysis of tyrosine-O-sulfation / Jens R. Bundegaard ... [et al.] -- [alpha]-amidated peptides : approaches for analysis / Gregory P. Mueller and William J. Driscoll -- [gamma]-glutamate and [beta]-hydroxyaspartate in proteins / Francis J. Castellino, Victoria A. Ploplis, and Li Zhang -- Lysine hydroxylation and cross-linking of collagen / Mitsuo Yamauchi and Masashi Shiiba -- Mass spectrometric determination of protein ubiquitination / Carol E. Parker ... [et al.] -- Analysis of sumoylation / Andrea Pichler -- Detection and analysis of protein ISGylation / Tomoharu Takeuchi and Hideyoshi Yokosawa -- Analysis of methylation, acetylation, and other modifications in bacterial ribosomal proteins / Randy J. Arnold, William Running, and James P. Reilly -- Analysis of S-acytlation of proteins / Michael Veit, Evgeni Ponimaskin, and Michael F.G. Schmidt -- Metabolic labeling and structural analysis of glycosylphosphatidylinositols from parasitic protozoa / Nahid Azzouz, Peter Gerol, and Ralph T. Schwarz -- 2-dimensional electrophoresis : detection of glycosylation and influence on spot pattern / Klemens Löster and Christoph Kannicht -- Carbohydrate composition analysis of glycoproteins by HPLC using highly fluorescent anthanilic acid (AA) tag / George N. Saddic, Shirish T. Dhume, and Kalyan R. Anumula -- Enzymatical hydrolysis of N-glycans from glycoproteins and fluorescent labeling by 2-aminobenzamide (2-AB) / Rolf Nuck -- Separation of N-glycans by HPLC / Martin Gohlke and Véronique Blanchard -- Enzymatic sequence analysis of N-glycans by exoglycosidase cleavage and mass spectrometry--detection of Lewis X structures / Christoph Kannicht, Detlef Grunow, and Lothar Lucka -- Immunochemical methods for the rapid screening of the O-glycosidically linked N-acetylglucosamine modification of proteins / Michael Ahrend ... [et al.] -- Analysis of O-glycosylation / Juan J. Calvete and Libia Sanz -- Characterization of site-specific N-glycosylation / Katalin F. Medzihradszky -- Monitoring glycosylation of therapeutic glycoproteins for consistency by HPLC using highly fluorescent anthranilic acid (AA) tag / Shirish T. Dhume, George N. Saddic, and Kalyan R. Anumula -- Comparability and monitoring immunogenic N-linked oligosaccharides from recombinant monoclonal antibodies from two different cell lines using HPLC with fluorescence detection and mass spectrometry / Bruce R.. Kilgore ... [et al.] -- Mass spectrometry and HPLC with fluorescent detection-based orthogonal approaches to characterize N-linked oligosaccharides of recombinant monoclonal antibodies / Adam W. Lucka ... [et al.] -- Web-based computational tools for the prediction and analysis of post-translational modifications of proteins / Vladimir A. Ivanisenko, Dmitry A. Afonnikov, and Nikolay A. Kolchanov.
- Posttranslational modifications of proteins 2002, Springer Protocols
- Potassium channels 2008, Springer ProtocolsIdentifying transcriptional regulatory regions using reporter genes and DNA-protein interactions by chromatin immunoprecipitation / Lezanne Ooi and Ian C. Wood -- Quantitative RT-PCR methods for investigation of low copy potassium channel gene expresssion in native murine arteries / Alex Cheong, Samuel J. Fountain, and David J. Beech -- Cloning of potassium chanel splice variants from tissues and cells / Lie Chen and Michael J. Shipston -- Chemiluminescence assays to investigate membrane expression and clathrin-mediated endocytosis of KATP channels / Andrew J. Smith and Asipu Sivaprasadarao -- Investigation of KATP channel endocytosis by immunofluorescence / Andrew J. Smith and Asipu Sivaprasadarao -- Investigation of KATP channel endocytosis and cell surface density by biotinylation and western blotting / Andrew J. Smith and Asipu Sivaprasadarao -- Lipid microdomains and K+ channel compartmentation : detergent and non-detergent-based methods for the isolation and characterisation of cholesterol-enriched lipid rafts / Laura J. Sampson and Caroline Dart -- Determination of phosphoinositide binding to K+ channel subunits using a protein-lipid overlay assay / Alison M. Thomas and Andrew Tinker -- Protein complex analysis of native brain potassium channels by proteomics / Guillaume Sandoz and Florian Lesage -- Xenopus oocytes as a heterologous expression system for studying ion channels with the patch-clamp technique / Paolo Tammaro, Kenju Shimomura, and Peter Proks -- Whole-cell recording using the perforated patch clamp technique / Jonathan D. Lippiat -- Recording the activity of ATP-sensitive K+ channels in open-cell cell-attached configuration / Andrei I. Tarasov -- Planar patch clamp : advances in electrophysiology / Andrea Brüggemann ... [et al.] -- Analysing steroid modulation of BKCa channels reconstituted into planar lipid bilayers / Heidi de Wet, Jonathan D. Lippiat, and Marcus Allen -- Using bioluminescence resonance energy transfer to measure ion channel assembly / Gina M. Whitaker and Eric A. Accili -- The use of FRET microscopy to elucidate steady state channel conformational rearrangements and G protein interaction with the GIRK channels / Adi Raveh, Inbal Riven, and Eitan Reuveny -- The voltage-clamp fluorometry technique / Chris S. Gandhi and Riccardo Olcese -- Identification of mutations in the Kir6.2 subunit of the KATP channel / Sarah E. Flanagan and Sian Ellard -- Modulation of potassium ion channel proteins utilising antibodies / Mark L. Dallas, Susan A. Deuchars, and Jim Deuchars -- Fluorescence-based Tl+-influx assays as a novel approach for characterization of small-conductance CA²⁺-activated K+ channel modulators / Susanne Jørgensen, Tina H. Johansen, and Tino Dyhring -- Rubidium efflux as a tool for the pharmacological characterisation of compounds with BK channel opening properties / Neil G. McKay, Robert W. Kirby, and Kim Lawson -- Recording hERG potassium currents and assessing the effects of compounds using the whole-cell patch-clamp technique / Ray M. Helliwell.
- Practical guide to assay development and high-throughput screening in drug discovery 2010, CRCnetBASE
- Predicting chemical toxicity and fate 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Principles of cellular engineering 2006, ScienceDirectTraction forces exerted by adherent cells / by Cynthia A. Reinhart-King and Daniel A. Hammer -- Control of endothelial cell adhesion by mechanotransmission from cytoskeleton to substrate / by Rosalind E. Mott and Brian P. Helmke -- Use of hydrodynamic shear stress to analyze cell adhesion / by David Boettiger -- Cellular tensegrity models and cell-substrate interactions / by Dimitrije Stamenović, Ning Wang, and Donald E. Ingber -- Bond formation during cell compression / by Elena Lomakina and Richard E. Waugh -- Dynamics of the neutrophil surface during emigration from blood / Thomas R. Gaborski and James L. McGrath -- Glycocalyx regulation of cell adhesion / Philippe Robert, Laurent Limozin, Anne-Marie Benoliel, Anne Pierres, and Pierre Bongrand -- Atomistic modeling of protein adsorption to ceramic biomaterials in water: a first step toward realistic simulation of the biomaterials surface in vivo / by Alan H. Goldstein -- Model cell membrane surfaces for measuring receptor-ligand interactions / by Craig D. Blanchette, Timothy V. Ratto, and Marjorie L. Longo -- A flow chamber for capillary networks: leukocyte adhesion in capillary sized, ligand-coated micropipettes / by David F.J. Tees, Prithu Sundd, and Douglas J. Goetz -- Adhesion of flowing neutrophils to model vessel surfaces: constraint and regulation by the local hemodynamic environment / Gerard B. Nash and G. Ed Rainger -- Hydrodynamic interactions between cells on reactive surfaces / Dooyoung Lee and Michael R. King -- Dynamics of platelet aggregation and adhesion to reactive surfaces under flow / Nipa A. Mody and Michael R. King.
- Principles of protein x-ray crystallography. 3rd ed. 2007, Springer
- Prion Biology 2013, CRCnetBASEThis book contains a selection of chapters aimed to provide a better understanding prion structure and biology. Together these chapters provide an overview of prion biology and underscore some of the challenges we face if we want to understand how this lively pathogen propagates and evolves in mammals. There is also mounting evidence that studying prion biology has a wider relevance due to similarities in the processes of protein misfolding and aggregation between prion disorders and other neurodegenerative disorders such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, and Huntington's diseases.
- Prion protein protocols 2008, Springer ProtocolsCell culture models to unravel prion protein function and aberrancies in prion diseases / Katarina Bedecs -- Investigation of PrPc metabolism and function in live cells : methods for studying individual cells and cell populations / Cathryn L. Haigh and David R. Brown -- Immunodetection of PrPsc using western and slot blotting techniques / Hanny Gyllberg and Kajsa Löfgren -- Assaying prions in cell culture : the standard scrapie cell assay (SSCA) and the scrapie cell assay in end point format (SCEPA) / Sukhvir P. Mahal ... [et al.] -- Generation of cell lines propagating infectious prions and the isolation and characterization of cell-derived exosomes / Laura J. Vella and Andrew F. Hill -- Neurotoxicity of prion peptides on cultured cerebellar neurons / Giuseppe D. Ciccotosto, Roberto Cappai, and Anthony R. White -- Understanding the nature of prion diseases using cell-free assays / Victoria A. Lawson -- Methods for conversion of prion protein into amyloid fibrils / Leonid Breydo, Natallia Makarava, and Ilia V. Baskakov -- Amplification of purified prions in vitro / Surachai Supattapone, Nathan R. Deleault, and Judy R. Rees -- Expression and purification of full-length recombinant PrP of high purity / Natallia Makarava and Ilia V. Baskakov -- Analysis of PrP conformation using circular dichroism / Sen Han and Andrew F. Hill -- Effect of copper on the de novo generation of prion protein expressed in Pichia pastoris / Carina Treiber -- Biophysical investigations of the prion protein using electron paramagnetic resonance / Simon C. Drew and Kevin J. Barnham -- Molecular diagnosis of human prion disease / Jonathan D.F. Wadsworth ... [et al.] -- Analysis of endogenous PrPc processing in neuronal and non-neuronal cell lines / Victoria Lewis and Steven J. Collins -- Molecular typing of PrPres in human sporadic CJD brain tissue / Victoria Lewis ... [et al.] -- Transgenic mouse models of prion diseases / Glenn C. Telling -- Quantitiative bioassay of surface-bound prion infectivity / Victoria A. Lawson.
- Progress in biological chirality 2004, ScienceDirect
- Prominin-1 (CD133) 2013, Springer
- Prostate cancer 2013, Springer
- Proteases in biology and disease v. 3-, 2005-, Springer
- Protein adaptations and signal transduction 2001, ScienceDirect
- Protein analysis and purification. 2nd ed. 2004, Springer
- Protein conformational dynamics 2014, Springer
- A₃ adenosine receptors from cell biol...
- — Enzyme functionality ...................
- Enzyme kinetics ........................
- — Lipids. 1st ed. ........................
- Liposomes. Part A-G ....................
- — Protein conformational dynamics ........
- Protein design .........................
- — Zinc finger proteins ...................
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases