Books by Subject
- A₃ adenosine receptors from cell biol...
- — Endotoxins .............................
- Engineered zinc finger proteins ........
- — Lipids. 1st ed. ........................
- Liposomes. Part A-G ....................
- — Protein folding protocols ..............
- Protein interactions ...................
- — Zinc finger proteins ...................
- ABC proteins 2003, ScienceDirect
- Introduction: Proteins analysis using mass spectrometry. -- Molecular scanner development: toward clinical molecular scanner for proteome research: parallel protein chemical processing before and during western-blot. -- Quantitation during electroblotting step: enhanced protein recovery after electrotransfer using square wave alternating voltage. -- Signal traitment and virtual imaging (1/2): a molecular scanner to highly automated research and to display proteome images. -- Signal traitment and virtual imaging (2/2): visualization and analysis of molecular scanner peptide mass spectra. -- Improvement in the peptide mass fingerprint protein identification (1/2): hydrogen/deuterium exchange for higher specificity of protein identification by peptide mass fingerprinting. -- Improvement in the peptide mass fingerprint protein identification (2/2): MALDI-MS/MS with high resolution and sensitivity for identification and characterization of proteins. -- Proteomic and mass spectrometry: some aspects and recent developments. -- Conclusions and perspectives.
- Actin-based motility 2010, SpringerPart 1. Cellular Aspects -- Elementary Cellular Processes Driven by Actin Assembly: Lamellipodia and Filopodia / J. Victor Small and Klemens Rottner -- Coupling Membrane Dynamics to Actin Polymerization / Shiro Suetsugu and Tadaomi Takenawa -- Endocytic Control of Actin-based Motility / Andrea Disanza, Emanuela Frittoli, Chiara Giuliani, Francesca Milanesi and Andrea Palamidessi, et al. -- Actin in Clathrin-Mediated Endocytosis / Marko Kaksonen -- Actin Cytoskeleton and the Dynamics of Immunological Synapse / Viveka Mayya and Michael L. Dustin -- Actin-based Motile Processes in Tumor Cell Invasion / Matthew Oser, Robert Eddy and John Condeelis -- Actin-based Chromosome Movements in Cell Division / Rong Li -- Roles for Actin Dynamics in Cell Movements During Development / Minna Roh-Johnson, Jessica Sullivan-Brown and Bob Goldstein -- Part 2. Molecular Aspects -- Regulation of the Cytoplasmic Actin Monomer Pool in Actin-based Motility / Pekka Lappalainen, Maarit Makkonen and Hongxia Zhao -- From Molecules to Movement: In Vitro Reconstitution of Self-Organized Actin-based Motile Processes / Marie-France Carlier and Dominique Pantaloni -- The WASP-Homology 2 Domain and Cytoskeleton Assembly / Roberto Dominguez -- Formin-Mediated Actin Assembly / David R. Kovar, Andrew J. Bestul, Yujie Li and Bonnie J. Scott -- Visualization of Individual Actin Filament Assembly / Emmanuèle Helfer -- Movement of Cargo in Bacterial Cytoplasm: Bacterial Actin Dynamics Drives Plasmid Segregation / Dyche Mullins -- Part 3. Physical Aspects -- Protrusive Forces Generated by Dendritic Actin Networks During Cell Crawling / Ovijit Chaudhuri and Daniel A. Fletcher -- Mathematical and Physical Modeling of Actin Dynamics in Motile Cells / Anders E. Carlsson and Alex Mogilner -- Force Production by Actin Assembly: Simplified Experimental Systems for a Thorough Modeling / C. Sykes, J. Prost and J.F. Joanny.
- Actin-binding proteins and disease 2008, Springer
- Activation and detoxification enzymes 2012, Springer
- ADAM family of proteases 2005, SpringerIntroduction to the Adam family / Judith White ... [et al.] -- Studies from Adam knockout mice / Keisuke Hoiruchi and Carl P. Blobel -- Adam8/MS2/CD156a / Jörg W. Bartsch ... [et al.] -- Adam9 / Shoichi Ishiura -- Adam10 / Paul Saftig and Dieter Hartmann -- Adam12 / Ulla M. Wewer, Reidar Albrechtsen and Eva Engvall -- Adam13 function in development / Dominique Alfandari -- Adam17 / Joaquin Arribas and Soraya Ruiz-Paz -- Adam19 / Tiebang Kang ... [et al.] -- Adam28 / Anne M. Fourie -- Mammalian Adams with testis-specific or -predominant expression / Chunghee Cho -- Overview of Adamts proteinases and Adamts 2 / Daniel S. Greenspan and Wei-Man Wang -- Adamts-3 and Adamts-14 / Carine Le Goff and Suneel S. Apte -- Adamts-4 and Adamts-5 / Anne-Marie Malfait, Micky Tortorella and Elizabeth Arner -- Adamts-13 / Han-Mou Tsai.
- ADAR proteins : structure and catalytic mechanism /Rena A. Goodman, Mark R. Macbeth and Peter A. Beal --ADAR proteins : double-stranded RNA and Z-DNA binding domains /Pierre Barraud and Frédéric H.-T. Allain --Editing of neurotransmitter receptor and ion channel RNAs in the nervous system /Jennifer L. Hood and Ronald B. Emeson --Modulation of microRNA expression and function by ADARs /Bjorn-Erik Wulff and Kazuko Nishikura --Nuclear editing of mRNA 3'-UTRs /Ling-Ling Chen and Gordon G. Carmichael --Control of ADAR1 editing of hepatitis delta virus RNAs /John L. Casey --Bioinformatic approaches for identification of A-to-I editing sites /Eli Eisenberg --ADARs : viruses and innate immunity /Charles E. Samuel --Role of ADARs in mouse development /Carl R. Walkley, Brian Liddicoat and Jochen C. Hartner --Regulation and functions of ADAR in Drosophila /Simona Paro, Xianghua Li, Mary A. O'Connell and Liam P. Keegan.
- Adenosine receptors in health and disease 2009, Springer
- Adherens junctions 2012, SpringerIntroduction to adherens junctions: from molecular mechanisms to tissue development and disease -- How AJs evolved -- Evolution of the cadherin-catenin complex -- How cadherins and catenins interact to assemble AJs -- Three-dimensional structure of the cadherin-catenin complex -- Biophysics of cadherin adhesion -- Adherens junction assembly -- How AJs interface with other cellular machinery -- Cytoskeleton and classical cadherin adhesions -- Immunoglobulin superfamily receptors and adherens junctions -- Signaling from the adherens junction -- Adherens junction turnover: regulating adhesion through cadherin endocytosis, degradation, and recycling -- How AJs affect cell behaviour and multicellular development -- Adherens junctions during cell migration -- Adherens junctions and cadherins in Drosophilia development -- Adherens junctions in C. elegans embryonic morphogenesis -- Cadherin function during xenopus gastrulation -- Adherens junctions in mammalian development, homeostasis and disease: lessons from mice -- How AJs affect tissue homeostasis and disease -- Adherens junctions and stem cells -- Adherens junctions and cancer -- Adherens junctions and pathogen entry.
- Adipokines 2012, CRCnetBASE
- Advances in mitochondrial medicine 2012, Springer
- Alkaliphiles 2006, Springer
- Allelopathy 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Allosteric regulatory enzymes 2008, SpringerSection 1. Overview of enzymes. Introduction to enzymes ; The limits for life define the limits for enzymes ; Enzyme kinetics ; Properties and evolution of allosteric enzymes ; Kinetics of allosteric enzymes -- Section 2. K-type enzymes. Hemoglobin ; Glycogen phosphorylase ; Phosphofructokinase ; Ribonucleotide reductase ; Hexokinase -- Section 3. V-type enzymes. Introduction to V-type enzymes ; G proteins ; Protein kinases.
- Amino acid biosynthesis 2007, Springer
- Amino acids 2013, CRCnetBASE
- Amyloid precursor protein 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Amyloid proteins 2004, Springer Protocols
- Analytical techniques in biochemistry and molecular biology 2011, SpringerAdvances in biochemistry now allow us to control living systems in ways that were undreamt of a decade ago. This volume guides researchers and students through the full spectrum of experimental protocols used in biochemistry, plant biology and biotechnology.
- Analyzing microarray gene expression data 2004, WileyMicroarrays in Gene Expression Studies, p. 1-29 -- Cleaning and Normalization, p. 31-59 -- Some Cluster Analysis Methods, p. 61-97 -- Clustering of Tissue Samples, p. 99-131 -- Screening and Clustering of Genes, p. 133-183 -- Discriminant Analysis, p. 185-220 -- Supervised Classification of Tissue Samples, p. 221-251 -- Linking Microarray Data with Survival Analysis, p. 253-266.
- APC proteins 2009, SpringerAPC and [beta]-catenin degradation -- Nuclear APC -- APC in cell migration -- The APC-EB1 interaction -- The role of APC in mitosis and in chromosome instability -- Role of APC and its binding partners in regulating microtubules in mitosis -- The adenomatous polyposis coli tumor -- Suppressor and Wnt signaling in the regulation of apoptosis -- APC and its modifiers in colon cancer -- Tissue-specific tumour suppression by APC -- Extra-colonic manifestations of familial adenomatous polyposis coli.
- Apoptosis methods and protocols 2004, Springer Protocols
- Aquaporins 2009, Springer
- Artificial enzymes 2005, WileyArtificial enzymes / Ronald Breslow -- Vitamin B6 enzyme models / Lei Liu and Ronald Breslow -- Evolution of synthetic polymers with enzyme-like catalytic activities / Irving M. Klotz and Junghun Suh -- Mimicking enzymes with antibodies / Donald Hilvert -- Protein-based artificial enzymes / Ben Duckworth and Mark D. Distefano -- Artificial hydrolytic metalloenzymes / Jik Chin and Hae-Jo Kim -- Artificial restriction enzymes as tools for future molecular biology and biotechnology / Yoji Yamamoto and Makoto Komiyama.
- Basic methods for the biochemical lab. 1st English ed. 2006, Springer
- Basic neurochemistry. 6th ed. 1999, NCBI Bookshelf
- BCL-2 protein family 2010, SpringerHomeostatic functions of BCL-2 proteins beyond apoptosis / Nika N. Danial, Alfredo Gimenez-Cassina, and Daniel Tondera -- Alternative functions of the BCL-2 protein family at the endoplasmic reticulum / Diego Rojas-Rivera ... [et al.] -- BH3-only proteins and their effects on cancer / Thanh-Trang Vo and Anthony Letai -- Endoplasmic reticulum stress and BCL-2 family members / Ross T. Weston and Hamsa Puthalakath -- Targeting survival pathways in lymphoma / Luca Paoluzzi and Owen A. O'Connor -- The interplay between BCL-2 family proteins and mitochondrial morphology in the regulation of apoptosis / Maria Eugenia Soriano and Luca Scorrano -- Noncanonical functions of BCL-2 proteins in the nervous system / Heather M. Lamb and J. Marie Hardwick -- Mitochondria on guard : role of mitochondrial fusion and fission in the regulation of apoptosis / Mariusz Karbowski.
- Big picture 2012, AccessMedicineSection I. The Basic Molecules of Life -- 1. Amino acids and proteins -- 2. Carbohydrates -- 3. Lipids -- 4. Nucleosides, nucleotides -- Section II. Functional biochemistry -- 5. Enzymes and amino acid metabolism -- 6. Carbohydrate metabolism -- 7. Lipid metabolism -- 8. Membranes -- 9. DNA/RNA function and protein synthesis -- Section III. Applied biochemistry -- 10. Metabolism and vitamins/minerals / Maria L. Valencik and Cynthia C. Mastick -- 11. The Digestive system / Kshama Jaiswal -- 12. Muscles and cell motility / Darren Campbell -- 13. Connective tissue and bone / Jacques Kerr -- 14. Blood / Matthew Porteus -- 15. The Immune system / Eric L. Greidinger, Leonard M. Miller -- 16. The Cardiovascular system / Ralph Shohet, John A. Burns -- 17. The respiratory system / Howard Huang -- 18. The Urinary system / Armando J. Lorenzo -- 19. The Nervous system / Kathryn Beck-Yoo -- 20. The Reproductive system / Catrina Bubier -- Section IV. Appendices -- Appendix I. Biochemical Basis of Diseases -- Appendix II. Biochemical Methods -- Appendix III. Organic Chemistry Primer.
- Bioactive egg compounds 2007, Springer
- Bioactive peptides 2010, CRCnetBASE"Presenting data from human studies and trials, along with recent research findings, this work summarizes the applications, and benefits of bioactive peptides used to mitigate major metabolic derangements arising from chronic illnesses and resulting in unwanted weight loss. Recent studies show bioactive peptides to enhance the body's antioxidant status, antisepsis capacity, immune function, anti-inflammatory capacity, mineral absorption, and appetite. This book covers general principles, such as host response, quality factors, protein economics, and muscle loss. It includes case studies on ageing, AIDS, COPD, diabetes, inflammatory bowel disease, kidney failure, and tuberculosis."--Provided by publisher.
- Biochemical roles of eukaryotic cell surface macromolecules 2012, SpringerGlycomics: An Overview of the Complex Glycocode / Garima Gupta and Avadhesha Surolia -- Structural Glycomic Approaches to Molecular Recognition Events on Cell Surfaces / Koichi Kato -- ISCSM2011 Chondroitin Sulfate E-type Structure at Tumor Cell Surface Is Involved in Experimental Metastasis / Kazuyuki Sugahara and Shuji Mizumoto -- Chondroitin Sulfate-Specific Novel Hydrolase in Human / Shuhei Yamada -- Identification of Endothelial Cell Surface Carbohydrate-Binding Receptors by Carbohydrate Ligand Mimicry Peptides / Michiko N. Fukuda -- Lysosomal Enzyme Sorting Receptors - Where Did They First Appear in the Animal Kingdom? / Suryanarayanaraju Vegiraju, Suresh Koduru and Siva Kumar Nadimpalli -- Endoplasmic Reticulum-Targeted Bcl-2 Inhibitable Mitochondrial Fragmentation Initiates ER Stress-Induced Cell Death / B. C. Bhavya, Deepa Indira, Mahendra Seervi, Jeena Joseph and Praveen K. Sobhan, et al. -- Interactions Between Caveolin-1 and Sphingolipids, and Their Functional Relevance / Sandro Sonnino, Simona Prioni, Vanna Chigorno and Alessandro Prinetti -- Cell Membrane Repair Pathway Involves Sensing of Dynamics of Caveolae and Caspase-1 / Saumya S. Srivastava and M. V. Krishnasastry -- Angiogenic Response of Endothelial Cells to Fibronectin / V. B. S. Kumar, R. I. Viji, M. S. Kiran and Perumana R. Sudhakaran -- Lactosylceramide Synthase as a Therapeutic Target to Mitigate Multiple Human Diseases in Animal Models / Subroto Chatterjee and Nezar Alsaeedi --Advanced FRET Methodologies: Protein-Lipid Selectivity Detection and Quantification / Fábio Fernandes, Manuel Prieto and Luís M. S. Loura -- Mechanism of GPCR-Directed Autoantibodies in Diseases / Hamiyet Unal, Rajaganapathi Jagannathan and Sadashiva S. Karnik -- Role of Membrane Cholesterol in Leishmanial Infection / Amitabha Chattopadhyay and Md. Jafurulla -- How Intact Is the Basement Membrane? Role of MMPs / S. Asha Nair, Sankar Jagadeeshan, Ramachandran Indu, Perumana R. Sudhakaran and M. R. Pillai -- Apoptosis of Breast Cancer Cells: Modulation of Genes for Glycoconjugate Biosynthesis and Targeted Drug Delivery / Subhash Basu, Rui Ma, Joseph R. Moskal, Manju Basu and Sipra Banerjee -- Altered Expression of Sialidases in Human Cancer / Taeko Miyagi, K. Takahashi, S. Moriya, K. Hata and K. Yamamoto, et al. -- Poly-ADP-Ribosylation of Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor and Its Implications on Angiogenesis / S. Binu, S. J. Soumya, V. B. S. Kumar and Perumana R. Sudhakaran -- Sphingolipid-Binding Domain in the Serotonin1A Receptor / Amitabha Chattopadhyay, Yamuna Devi Paila, Sandeep Shrivastava, Shrish Tiwari and Pushpendra Singh, et al. -- Withanolide D, Carrying the Baton of Indian Rasayana Herb as a Lead Candidate of Antileukemic Agent in Modern Medicine / Susmita Mondal, Saptarshi Roy, Rita Maity, Asish Mallick and Rajender Sangwan, et al. -- Engineered Glucose to Generate a Spectroscopic Probe for Studying Carbohydrate Biology / Ashish Tripathi, Vibha Singh, K. G. Aishwarya, Gopala Krishna Aradhyam and Srinivas Hotha -- Changes in Sialic Acid Content of Jelly Coat in Pesticide-Exposed Frog Eggs and Their Influence on Fertilization / H. P. Gurushankara, S. V. Krishnamurthy and V. Vasudev.
- Biochemistry and molecular biology compendium 2007, CRCnetBASEAbbreviations and acronyms -- Glossary of terms useful in biochemistry and molecular biology and related disciplines -- Chemicals commonly used in biochemistry and molecular biology and their properties -- A listing of log P values, water solubility, and molecular weight for some selected chemicals -- Protease inhibitors and protease inhibitor cocktails -- List of buffers -- Organic name reactions useful in biochemistry and molecular biology.
- Biochemistry of atherosclerosis 2006, Springer
- Biochemistry of lipids, lipoproteins and membranes. 5th ed. 2008, ScienceDirectFunctional roles of lipids in membranes / William Dowhan, Mikhail Bogdanov, and Eugenia Mileykovskaya -- Lipid modifications of proteins / Anant K. Menon -- Fatty acid and phospholipid metabolism in prokaryotes / Charles O. Rock -- Lipid metabolism in plants / Katherine M. Schmid and John B. Ohlrogge -- Oxidation of fatty acids in eukaryotes / Horst Schulz -- Fatty acid synthesis in eukaryotes / Hei Sook Sul and Stuart Smith -- Fatty acid desaturation and chain elongation in mammals / Makoto Miyazaki and James N. Ntambi -- Phospholipid biosynthesis in eukaryotes / Dennis E. Vance and Jean E. Vance -- Ether-linked lipids and their bioactive species / Thomas M. McIntyre, Fred Snyder, and Gopal K. Marathe -- Lipid metabolism in adipose tissue / Ann V. Hertzel ... [et al.] -- Phospholipases / David C. Wilton -- The eicosanoids : cyclooxygenase, lipoxygenase, and epoxygenase pathways / William L. Smith and Robert C. Murphy -- Sphingolipids / Alfred H. Merrill, Jr. -- Cholesterol biosynthesis / Laura Liscum -- Metabolism and function of bile acids / Luis B. Agellon -- Lipid assembly into cell membranes / Dennis R. Voelker -- Lipoprotein structure / Ana Jonas and Michael C. Phillips -- Assembly and secretion of triacylglycerol-rich lipoproteins / Jean E. Vance and Khosrow Adeli -- Dynamics of lipoprotein transport in the circulatory system / Christopher J. Fielding and Phoebe E. Fielding -- Lipoprotein receptors / Wolfgang J. Schneider -- Lipids and atherosclerosis / Ira Tabas.
- The regulation of gene expression -- The regulation of enzyme activity -- Structure and function of signal pathways -- Signaling by nuclear receptors -- G protein-coupled signal transmission pathways -- Intracellular messenger substance : second messengers -- Ser/Thr-specific protein kinases and protein phosphates -- Signal transmission via transmembrane receptors with tyrosine-specific protein kinase activity -- Signal transmission via ras proteins -- Intracellular signal transduction : the protein cascades of the MAP kinase pathways -- Membrane receptors with associated tyrosine kinase activity -- Other receptor classes -- Regulation of the cell cycle -- Malfunction of signaling pathways and tumorigenesis : oncogenes and tumor suppressor genes -- Apoptosis.
- Biochemistry. 5th ed. 2002, NCBI Bookshelf
- Bioconjugate techniques. 3rd edition. 2013, ScienceDirectBioconjugate Techniques, 3rd Edition, is the essential guide to the modification and cross linking of biomolecules for use in research, diagnostics, and therapeutics. It provides highly detailed information on the chemistry, reagent systems, and practical applications for creating labeled or conjugate molecules. It also describes dozens of reactions, with details on hundreds of commercially available reagents and the use of these reagents for modifying or crosslinking peptides and proteins, sugars and polysaccharides, nucleic acids and oligonucleotides, lipids, and synthetic polymers. *Offers a one-stop source for proven methods and protocols for synthesizing bioconjugates in the lab *Provides step-by-step presentation makes the book an ideal source for researchers who are less familiar with the synthesis of bioconjugates *Features full color illustrations *Includes a more extensive introduction into the vast field of bioconjugation and one of the most thorough overviews of immobilization chemistry ever presented.
- Biogenesis of cellular organelles 2005, SpringerTheory of organelle biogenesis : a historical perspective / Barbara M. Mullock and J. Paul Luzio -- Protein coats as mediators of intracellular sorting and organelle biogenesis / Chris Mullins -- The role of proteins and lipids in organelle biogenesis in the secretory pathway / Thomas F.J. Martin -- Endoplasmic reticulum biogenesis : proliferation and differentiation / Erik Snapp -- The golgi apparatus : structure, function and cellular dynamics / Nihal Altan-Bonnet and Jennifer Lippincott-Schwartz -- Lysosome biogenesis and dynamics / Diane McVey Ward, Shelly L. Shiflett and Jerry Kaplan -- Nucleogenesis / Sui Huang -- Mitochondrial biogenesis / Danielle Leuenberger, Sean P. Curran and Carla M. Koehler -- The biogenesis and cell biology of peroxisomes in human health and disease / Stanley R. Terlecky and Paul A. Walton.
- Bioinorganic chemistry 2002, Wileych. 1. Inorganic chemistry essentials -- ch. 2. Biochemistry fundamentals -- ch. 3. Instrumental and computer-based methods -- ch. 4. Iron containing oxygen carriers and their synthetic models -- ch. 5. Copper Enzymes -- ch. 6. The Enzyme nitrogenase -- ch. 7. Metals in medicine.
- Bioinorganic chemistry. 2nd ed. 2007, Wileych. 1. Inorganic chemistry essentials -- ch. 2. Biochemistry fundamentals -- ch. 3. Instrumental methods -- ch. 4. Computer hardware, software, and computational chemistry methods -- ch. 5 Group I and II metals in biological systems : homeostasis and group I biomolecules -- ch. 6. Group I and II metals in biological systems : group II -- ch. 7. Iron-containing proteins and enzymes.
- Biological calcification 2007, Springer
- Biological mass spectrometry 2005, ScienceDirect
- Biology of inositols and phosphoinositides 2006, Springer
- Biology of serpins. 1st ed. 2011, ScienceDirect
- Biology of subcellular nitric oxide 2012, Springer
- Biomedical aspects of histamine 2010, Springer
- Biophysical chemistry of proteins 2011, Springer
- Biophysical, chemical, and functional probes of RNA structure, interactions and folding. Part A-B. 1st ed. pt. A-B, 2009., ScienceDirectpt. B, 2009 ScienceDirect
- Biotechnology of plasma proteins 2013, CRCnetBASE"Discussing the role of plasma proteins in current biotechnology, this book describes the protein composition of human plasma, the fractionation of plasma to obtain therapeutic proteins, and the analysis of these products. It delineates the path from plasma products to recombinant products, and highlights products from albumin, intravenous immunoglobins, and coagulation. It offers a comprehensive review of current techniques for the analysis of proteins including electrophoresis, chromatography, spectrophotometry, and mass spectrometry as well as updates not published since 1975"--Provided by publisher.
- Biothermodynamics. Part A-D. 1st ed. pt. A-D, 2009-11., ScienceDirectpt. B, 2009 ScienceDirectpt. C, 2011 ScienceDirectpt. D, 2011 ScienceDirect
- BLyS ligands and receptors 2010, Springer
- Body fluid management 2013, Springer
- Breast cancer chemosensitivity 2007, SpringerOverview of resistance to systemic therapy in patients with breast cancer / Ana Maria Gonzalez-Angulo, Flavia Morales-Vasquez and Gabriel N. Hortobagyi -- Roles of multidrug resistance genes in breast cancer chemoresistance / M. Tien Kuo -- Therapy-induced apoptosis in primary tumors / David J. McConkey -- Cell cycle deregulation in breast cancer: insurmountable chemoresistance or achilles' heel? / Laura Lambert and Khandan Keyomarsi -- p53, BRCA1 and breast cancer chemoresistance / Kimberly A. Scata and Wafik S. El-Deiry -- Integrin-mediated adhesion: tipping the balance between chemosensitivity and chemoresistance / Mary M. Zutter --Insulin-like growth factors and breast cancer therapy / Xianke Zeng and Douglas Yee -- EGF receptor in breast cancer chemoresistance / Robert B. Dickson and T.B. Deb -- Molecular mechanisms of ErbB2-mediated breast cancer chemoresistance / Ming Tan and Dihua Yu -- Estrogen receptors in resistance to hormone therapy / Matthew H. Herynk and Suzanne A.W. Fuqua -- Novel approaches for chemosensitization of breast cancer cells: the E1A story / Yong Liao, Dihua Yu and Mien-Chie Hung.
- Calcitonin gene-related peptide family 2010, Springer
- Calcium signaling 2012, Springer"This volume ... [explores] topics ranging from the fundamental aspects of calcium signaling to its varied clinical implications. It presents comprehensive discussion of cutting-edge research alongside detailed analysis of critical issues, at the same time as setting out testable hypotheses that point the way to future scientific endeavors. The contributions feature material on theoretical and methodological topics as well as related subjects including mathematical modeling and simulations. They examine calcium signaling in a host of contexts, from mammalian cells to oocytes, zebrafish and plants. With much of interest to newcomers to the field as well as seasoned experts, this new publication is both wide-ranging and authoritative." --Excerpt from publisher's description.
- Calcium-binding protein protocols v. 1-2, 2002., Springer Protocolsv. 2, 2002 Springer Protocolsv. 1. Reviews and case studies -- v. 2. Methods and techniques.
- Calcium. 1st ed. 2007, ScienceDirect
- Cancer proteomics 2008, SpringerProteomics technologies -- Cell signaling proteomics -- Tumor proteomics -- Bioinformatics and regulatory aspects of proteomics.
- Capillary electrophoresis of proteins and peptides 2004, Springer ProtocolsFrontal analysis continuous capillary electrophoresis for protein-polyelectrolyte binding studies / Emek Seyrek, Toshiaki Hattori, and Paul L. Dubin -- Analysis of proteins by CE, CIEF, and microfluidic devices with whole column imaging detection / Jiaqi Wu ... [et al.] -- Capillary electrophoresis-electrospray ionization mass spectrometry of amino acids, peptides, and proteins / Mehdi Moini -- Capillary isoelectric focusing-mass spectrometry of proteins and protein complexes / Suzana Martinović, Ljiljana Paša-Tolić, and Richard D. Smith -- Integrated system for rapid proteomics analyses using microfluidics devices coupled to nanoelectrospray mass spectrometry / Jianjun Li ... [et al.].Surfactant based methods for prevention of protein adsorption in capillary electrophoresis / Charles A. Lucy, Nicole E. Baryla, and Ken K.-C. Yeung -- Capillary coating for protein separation based on Si-O and Si-C covalent bond formation for capillary electrophoresis with laser-induced fluorescence detection / Hossein Ahmadzadeh, Norman J. Dovichi, and Sergey Krylov -- On-column labeling reaction for the analysis of protein contents of a single cell using capillary electrophoresis with laser-induced fluorescence detection / Hossein Ahmadzadeh and Sergey Krylov -- Covalent and noncovalent labeling schemes for near-infrared dyes in capillary electrophoresis protein applications / John Sowell ... [et al.] -- Capillary electrophoresis in the analysis and monitoring of biotechnological processes / Vadim Klyushnichenko --Capillary electrophoresis of proteins in a quality control environment / David L. Good ... [et al.] -- Analysis of neutral N-linked oligosaccharides from antibodies using free-solution capillary electrophoresis in bare fused silica capillaries / Jeffrey S. Patrick ... [et al.] -- Affinity capillary electrophoresis to examine receptor-ligand interactions / Maryam Azad ... [et al.] -- Screening major binding sites on human serum albumin by affinity capillary electrophoresis / Hee Seung Kim, John Austin, and David S. Hage -- Using charge ladders and capillary electrophoresis to measure the charge, size, and electrostatic interactions of proteins / Upma Sharma and Jeffrey D. Carbeck --
- Carbohydrate-based drug discovery 2003, Wileych. 1. Synthetic methodologies / Chikako Saotome, Osamu Kanie -- ch. 2. Complex carbohydrate synthesis / Makoto Kiso, Hideharu Ishida, Hiromune Ando -- ch. 3. The chemistry of sialic acid / Geert-Jan Boons, Alexei V. Demchenko -- ch. 4. Solid-phase oligosaccharide synthesis / Peter H. Seeberger -- ch. 5. Solution and polymer-supported synthesis of carbohydrates / Shin-Ichiro Nishimura -- ch. 6. Enzymatic synthesis of oligosaccharides / Jianbo Zhang, Jun Shao, Prezemk Kowal, Peng George Wang -- ch. 7. Glycopeptides and glycoproteins : synthetic chemistry and biology / Oliver Seitz -- ch. 8. Synthesis of complex carbohydrates : Everninomicin 13,384-1 / K. C. Nicolaou, Helen J. Mitchell, Scott A. Snyder -- ch. 9. Chemical synthesis of asparagine-linked glycoprotein oligosaccharides : recent examples / Yukishige Ito, Ichiro Matsuo -- ch. 10. Chemistry and biochemistry of asparagine-linked protein glycosylation / Barbara Imperiali, Vincent W.-F. Tai -- ch. 11. Conformational analysis of C-glycosides and related compounds : programming conformational profiles of C- and O-glycosides / Peter G. Goekjian, Alexander Wei, Yoshito Kishi -- ch. 12. Synthetic lipid A antagonists for sepsis treatment / William J. Christ, Lynn D. Hawkins, Michael D. Lewis, Yoshito Kishi -- ch. 13. Polysialic acid vaccines / Harold J. Jennings -- ch. 14. Synthetic carbohydrate-based vaccines / Stacy J. Keding, Samuel J. Danishefsky -- ch. 15. Chemistry, biochemistry, and pharmaceutical potentials of glycosaminoglycans and related saccharides / Tasneem Islam, Robert J. Linhardt -- ch. 16. A new generation of antithrombotics based on synthetic oligosaccharides / Maurice Petitou, Jean-Marc Herbert -- ch. 17. Sequencing of oligosaccharides and glycoproteins / Stuart M. Haslam, Kay-Hooi Khoo, Anne Dell -- ch. 18. Preparation of heterocyclic 2-deoxystreptamine aminoglycoside analogues and characterization of their interaction with RNAs by use of electrospray ionization mass spectrometry / Richard H. Griffey, Steven A. Hofstadler, Eric E. Swayze -- ch. 19. Glycosylation analysis of a recombinant P-selectin antagonist by high-pH anion-exchange chromatography with pulsed electrochemical detection (HPAEC/PED) / Mark R. Hardy, Richard J. Cornell -- ch. 20. Analytical techniques for the characterization and sequencing of glycosaminoglycans / Ram Sasisekharan, Zachary Shriver, Mallik Sundaram, Ganesh Venkataraman -- ch. 21. Thermodynamic models of the multivalency effect / Pavel I. Kitov, David R. Bundle -- ch. 22. Synthetic multivalent carbohydrate ligands as effectors or inhibitors of biological processes / Laura L. Kiessling, Jason K. Pontrello, Michael C. Schuster -- ch. 23. Glycosyltransferase inhibitors / Karl-Heinz Jung, Richard R. Schmidt -- ch. 24. RNA-aminoglycoside interactions / Haim Weizman, Yitzhak Tor -- ch. 25. Glycosylated natural products / Jon S. Thorson, Thomas Vogt -- ch. 26. Novel enzymatic mechanisms in the biosynthesis of unusual sugars / Alexander Wong, Xuemei He, Hung-Wen Liu -- ch. 27. Neoglycolipids : identification of functional carbohydrate epitopes / Ten Feizi, Alexander M. Lawson, Wengang Chai -- ch. 28. A preamble to aglycone reconstruction for membrane-presented glycolipid mimics / Murugesapillai Mylvaganam, Clifford A. Lingwood -- ch. 29. Small molecule inhibitors of the sulfotransferases / Dawn E. Verdugo, Lars C. Pedersen, Carolyn R. Bertozzi -- ch. 30. Carbohydrate-based treatment of cancer metastasis / Reiji Kannagi -- ch. 31. N-acetylneuraminic acid derivatives and mimetics as anti-influenza agents / Robin Thomson, Mark Von Itzstein -- ch. 32. Modified and modifying sugars as a new tool for the development of therapeutic agents : the biochemically engineered N-acyl side chain of sialic acid : biological implications and possible uses in medicine / Rüdiger Horstkorte, Oliver T. Keppler, Werner Reutter -- ch.33 . Modified and modifying sugars as a new tool for the development of therapeutic agents : glycosidated phospholipids as a new type of antiproliferative agents / Kerstin Danker, Annette Fischer, Werner Reutter -- ch. 34. Glycoside primers and inhibitors of glycosylation / Jillian R. Brown, Mark M. Fuster, Jeffrey D. Esko -- ch. 35. Carbohydrate-based drug discovery in the battle against bacterial infections : new opportunities arising from programmable one-pot oligosaccharide synthesis / Thomas K. Ritter, Prof. Dr. Chi-Huey Wong.
- Carbohydrate-modifying biocatalysts 2012, CRCnetBASE
- Carbonic anhydrase 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Carotenoids 2010, CRCnetBASE"Carotenoids are of great interest due to their essential biological functions in both plants and animals. However, the properties and functions of carotenoids in natural systems are surprisingly complex. With an emphasis on the chemical aspects of these compounds, Carotenoids: Physical, Chemical, and Biological Functions and Properties presents a broad overview and recent developments with respect to understanding carotenoid structure, electronic and photochemical properties, and the use of novel analytical methods in the detection and characterization of carotenoids and their actions. The text also explores LC/MS and LC/MS/MS techniques as well as new applications of PCR and molecular biology methodologies"--Book jacket.
- Carotenoids and retinoids 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Carotenoids and vitamin A in translational medicine 2013, CRCnetBASEHepatic retinoid metabolism : what is known and what is not / Jason J. Yuen, Jian Zhang Yang and William S. Blaner -- Metabolism of vitamin A in white adipose tissue and obesity / Shanmugam M. Jeyakumar ... [et al.] -- Retinoids in the treatment of psoriasis / Neil Borkar, Alan Menter -- Age-related macular degeneration and carotenoids / Nilesh Kalariya, Werner G. Siems, Frederik van Kuijk -- Lutein, zeaxanthin and vision across the lifespan / Billy R. Hammond, Jr. -- Assuring vitamin A adequacy to prevent eye and ear disorders / Tripper Sauer, Susan Emmett, Keith P. West, Jr. -- Disturbed accumulation and abnormal distribution of macular pigment in retinal disorders / Tos TJM Berendschot, Peter Charbel Issa, Thomas Theelen -- Retinol and otitis media / Akeem Olawale Lasisi -- Carotenoids and mutagenesis / P. M. Eckl ... [et al.] -- Carotenoids and vitamin A in lung cancer prevention / Anita Ratnasari Iskandar, Xiang-Dong Wang -- Is the effect of [Beta]-carotene on prostate cancer cells dependent on their androgen sensitivity? / Joanna Dulinska-Litewka ... [et al.] -- Carotenoid intake and supplementation in cancer : pro and con / W.G. Siems ... [et al.] -- Vitamin A in lung development and function / Hans-Konrad Biesalski -- Vitamin A and carotenoids in lung diseases / Olaf Sommerburg, Werner Siems -- Chemopreventive effects of astaxanthin on inflammatory bowel disease and inflammation-related colon carcinogenesis / Masashi Hosokawa, Yumiko Yasui -- Carotenoids in laboratory medicine / Ingolf Schimke, Michael Vogeser -- Supply of vitamin A in developing countries / Klaus Kraemer -- Vitamin A intakes are below recommendations in a significant proportion of the population in the western world / Hans-Konrad Biesalski, Barbara Trösch, Petra Weber -- Critical appraisal of vitamin A supplementation program in India / Dechenla Tshering Bhutia, Saskia De Pee -- Consequences of common genetic variations on SS-carotene cleavage for vitamin A supply / Georg Lietz, Anthony Oxley, Christine Boesch-Saadatmandi.
- Caveolins and caveolae 2012, SpringerLipid rafts, caveolae, and GPI linked proteins / Valerie L. Reeves, Candice M. Thomas, and Eric J. Smart -- Caveolae and the regulation of endocytosis / Anna L. Kiss -- Caveolin : role in cell signaling / Cecile Boscher and Ivan Robert Nabi -- Regulation of ENOS in caveolae / Chieko Mineo and Philip W. Shaul -- Recent developments in the interactions between caveolin and pathogens / Fabiana S. Machado ... [et al.] -- Caveolin and breast cancer : a new clinical perspective / Isabelle Mercier and Michael P. Lisanti -- Caveolin and prostate cancer progression / Michael R. Freeman, Wei Yang, and Dolores Di Vizio -- Caveolins and caveolae, roles in insulin signalling, and diabetes / Peter Strolfors -- Atherosclerosis, caveolae, and caveolin / Stephanos Pavlides ... [et al.] -- Caveolins and heart diseases / Mathivadhani Panneerselvam, Hemal H. Patel, and David M. Roth -- Caveolins and lung function / Nikolaos A. Maniatis ... [et al.].
- CCN proteins in health and disease 2010, Springer
- Cell stress proteins 2007, Springer
- Cell surface receptors. 3rd ed. 2005, Springer
- Cellular senescence and tumor suppression 2010, Springer
- Cellulases. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirectCellulase refers to a class of enzymes produced chiefly by fungi, bacteria, and protozoans that catalyze cellulolysis. This volume in the Methods in Enzymology series comprehensively covers this topic.
- cGMP 2009, Springer
- Chaperones 2006, Springer
- Chemical genomics 2006, Springer
- Chemical reagents for protein modification. 3rd ed. 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Chemistry and biology of heparin and heparan sulfate 2005, ScienceDirect
- Chemistry and biology of hyaluronan 2004, ScienceDirect
- "Natural products play crucial roles in modern drug development and constitute a prolific source of novel lead compounds or pharmacophores for ongoing drug discovery programs. Chemistry and Pharmacology of Naturally Occurring Bioactive Compounds presents cutting-edge research in the chemistry of bioactive natural products and demonstrates how natural product research continues to make significant contributions in the discovery and development of new medicinal entities."--Page  of cover.
- Chemokine receptors 2007, Springer
- Chiral separations 2003, Springer Protocols
- Chlorophylls and bacteriochlorophylls 2006, Springer
- Cholesterol and phytosterol oxidation products 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Chromatin and chromatin remodeling enzymes. Part A-C 2004, ScienceDirectFulltext (pt. B) ScienceDirectFulltext (pt. C) ScienceDirect
- Chromatin and disease 2007, Springer
- Chromatin structure and dynamics 2004, ScienceDirect
- Circadian clock 2010, Springer
- Colloidal biomolecules, biomaterials, and biomedical applications 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Color atlas of biochemistry. 3rd ed., rev. and updated. 2013, Thieme BookBasics -- Chemistry -- Physical Chemistry -- Biomolecules -- Carbohydrates -- Lipids -- Amino acids -- Peptides and proteins -- Nucleotides and nucleic acids -- Metabolism -- Enzymes -- Metabolic pathways -- Energy metabolism -- Carbohydrate metabolism -- Lipid metabolism -- Protein metabolism -- Nucleotide metabolism -- Porphyrin metabolism -- Cell organelles -- Basics -- Cytoskeleton -- Nucleus -- Mitochondria -- Membranes -- ER and Golgi apparatus -- Lysosomes -- Peroxisomes -- Molecular Genetics -- Overview -- Genome -- Chromatin -- Gennetic code -- Genetic engineering -- Tissues and organs -- Digestive system -- Blood -- Immune system -- Liver -- Adipose tissue -- Kidney -- Muscle -- Connective tissue -- Brain and sensory organs -- Integration of metabolism -- Nutrition -- Nutrients -- Vitamins -- Signaling systems -- Signal transduction -- Hormone systems -- Lipophilic signaling substances -- Hydrophilic signaling substances -- Growth and development -- Appendix.
- Combinatorial synthesis of natural product-based libraries 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Complex enzymes in microbial natural product biosynthesis. Part A, Overview articles and peptides 2009, ScienceDirect
- Complex enzymes in microbial natural product biosynthesis. Part B, Polyketides, aminocoumarins and carbohydrates 2009, ScienceDirect
- Computational strategies towards improved protein function prophecy of xylanases from thermomyces lanuginosus 2012, Springer
- Constitutive activity in receptors and other proteins Part A-B pt. A-B, 2010., ScienceDirectpt. B ScienceDirect
- Copper amine oxidases 2009, CRCnetBASEHistory / Franca Buffoni -- Nomenclature and potential functions of copper amine oxidases / Sinéad Boyce ... [et al.] -- Cofactors of amine oxidases : copper ion and its substitution and the 2,4,5-trihydroxylphenylalanine quinone / Shinnichiro Suzuki ... [et al.] -- Copper amine oxidases from plants / Rosaria Medda ... [et al.] -- Soluble copper amine oxidases from mammals / Paola Pietrangeli ... [et al.] -- Membrane-bound copper amine oxidases / Andrew Holt -- Copper amine oxidase genes / Ivo Frébort and Hubert G. Schwelberger -- Mechanism of TPQ biogenesis in prokaryotic copper amine oxidase / Toshihide Okajima and Katsuyuki Tanizawa -- Copper amine oxidase crystal structures / J. Mitchell Guss, Giuseppe Zanotti, and Tiina A. Salminen -- Plasma amine oxidases in various clinical conditions and in apoptosis / Frans Boomsma, Anton H. van den Meiracker, and Antonio Toninello -- Copper amine oxidases in intestinal diseases / Wieslawa Agnieszka Fogel, Ewa Toporowska-Kowalska, and Anna Stasiak -- Copper amine oxidases in adipose tissue-related disorders / Christian Carpéné -- Copper amine oxidases in adhesion molecules in renal pathology and in Alzheimer's disease and VAP-1 in leukocyte migration / Peter Boor ... [et al.] -- Inhibitors of copper amine oxidases : past, present, and future / Marek Šebela and Lawrence M. Sayre -- Pharmacological applications of copper amine oxidases / Emanuela Masini and Laura Raimondi -- Copper amine oxidases as antioxidant and cardioprotective agents / Mircea Alexandru Mateescu and Réginald Nadeau -- Biotechnological aspects of copper amine oxidases / Roberto Stevanato -- Concluding remarks / David M. Dooley.
- Coronin family of proteins 2008, SpringerPhylogenetic, structural, and functional relationships between WD and kelch repeat proteins / Andrew M. Hudson and Lynn Cooley -- Diversity of WD repeat proteins / Temple F. Smith -- A brief history of the coronin family / Eugenio L. de Hostos -- Molecular phylogeny and evolution of the coronin gene family / Reginald O. Morgan and M. Pilar Fernandez -- Coronin structure and implications / Bernadette McArdle and Andreas Hofmann -- Coronin : the double-edged sword of actin dynamics / Meghal Gandhi and Bruce L. Goode -- Invertebrate coronins / Maria C. Shina and Angelika A. Noegel -- Evolutionary and functional diversity of coronin proteins / Charles Peter Xavier ... [et al.] -- Role of mammalian coronin 7 in the biosynthetic pathway / Vasily Rybaki -- Coronin 1 in innate immunity / Jean Pieters -- The role of mammalian coronins in development and disease / David W. Roadcap, Christoph S. Clemen, and James E. Bear.
- Creatine and creatine kinase in health and disease 2007, Springer
- Current protocols in chemical biology 2010-, WileyCurrent Protocols in Chemical Biology provides validated protocols and overviews about specialized chemical techniques and tools for studies of biology and drug design. These tools include small-molecule design, synthesis, derivatization, handling, and detection as well as advances in laboratory automation, robotics, and medicinal chemistry as applied to high-throughput screening (HTS). Methods for modification of proteins, nucleic acids, carbohydrates and lipids for their use as tools in the study of particular biological systems are also included
- Current protocols in nucleic acid chemistry 2002-, Wiley
- Current protocols in protein science -, Wiley
- Cyclooxygenases 2008, Springer ProtocolsPart I. In vitro protocols for studying expression and activity of cyclooxygenase enzymes and characterisation of their inhibition patterns -- 1. In vitro cyclo-oxygenase expression and activity protocols : introduction to Part I / Roderick J. Flower -- 2. Techniques used to study regulation of cyclooxygenase-2 promoter sites / Hiroyasu Inoue and Rieko Nakata -- 3. Purification of recombinant human COX-1 and COX-2 / James K. Gierse -- 4. Cloning and expression of cyclooxygenase-1 and cyclooxygenase-2 / Nicholas R. Staten and Beverly A. Reitz -- 5. Expression of cyclooxygenase isoforms in the baculovirus expression system / John C. Hunter, Natalie M. Myres, and Daniel L. Simmons -- 6. Peroxidase active site activity assay / Kelsey C. Duggan, Joel Musee, and Lawrence J. Marnett -- 7. Study of inhibitors of the PGH synthases for which potency Is regulated by the redox state of the enzymes / Olivier Boutaud and John A. Oates -- 8. Different methods for testing potential cyclooxygenase-1 and cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitors / Stefan Laufer and Sabine Luik -- 9. In vitro cyclooxygenase activity assay in tissue homogenates / Samir S. Ayoub -- 10. Techniques used to characterize the binding of cyclooxygenase Inhibitors to the cyclooxygenase active site / William F. Hood -- 11. In vitro Assays for cyclooxygenase activity and inhibitor characterization / Mark C. Walker and James K. Gierse -- -- Part II. Extraction and measurement of prostanoids and isoprostanes -- 12. Extraction and measurement of prostanoids and isoprostanes : introduction to Part II / Paola Patrignani -- 13. Prostanoid extraction and measurement / Lorenzo Polenzani and Samir S. Ayoub -- 14. Measurement of 8-iso-prostaglandin F2a in biological fluids as a measure of lipid peroxidation / Stefania Tacconelli, Marta L. Capone, and Paola Patrignani -- -- Part III. In vivo models to study involvement of cyclooxygenase products in health and disease -- 15. In vivo models to study cyclooxygenase products in health and disease: introduction to Part III / Derek W. Gilroy, Melanie Stables, and Justine Newson -- 16. Protocols to assess the gastrointestinal side effects resulting from inhibition of Cyclo-Oxygenase isoforms / Brendan J.R. Whittle -- 17. Cyclooxygenase enzymes and their products in the carrageenan-induced pleurisy in rats / Adrian R. Moore, Samir S. Ayoub, and Michael P. Seed -- 18. Iloprost-induced nociception : determination of the site of anti-nociceptive action of cyclooxygenase inhibitors and the Involvement of cyclooxygenase products in central mechanisms of nociception / Samir S. Ayoub and Regina M. Botting.
- Cytochrome P450 protocols. 2nd ed. 2005, Springer ProtocolsCytochrome P450 nomenclature, 2004 / David R. Nelson -- Spectral analyses of cytochromes P450 / John B. Schenkman and Ingela Jansson -- Establishment of functional human cytochrome P450 monooxygenase systems in Escherichia coli / Michael P. Pritchard, Lesley McLaughlin, and Thomas Friedberg -- Purification of cytochromes P450: products of bacterial recombinant expression systems / F. Peter Guengerich and Martha V. Martin -- Expression of recombinant flavin-containing monooxygenases in a baculovirus/insect cell system / Azara Janmohamed ... [et al.] -- Cytochrome P450 reconstitution systems / Hiroshi Yamazaki and Tsutomu Shimada -- Catalytic assays for human cytochrome P450: an introduction / Thomas K.H. Chang and David J. Waxman -- Enzymatic analysis of cDNA-expressed human CYP1A1, CYP1A2, and CYP1B1 with 7-ethoxyresorufin as substrate / Thomas K.H. Chang and David J. Waxman -- Spectrofluorometric analysis of CYP2A6-catalyzed coumarin 7-hydroxylation / David J. Waxman and Thomas K.H. Chang -- Determination of CYP2B6 component of 7-ethoxy-4-trifluoromethylcoumarin O-deethylation activity in human liver microsomes / Thomas K.H. Chang, Charles L. Crespi, and David J. Waxman -- High-performance liquid chromatography analysis of CYP2C8-catalyzed paclitaxel 6[alpha]-hydroxylation / Charles L. Crespi, Thomas K.H. Chang, and David J. Waxman -- Determination of CYP2C0-catalyzed diclofenac 4'-hydroxylation by high-performance liquid chromatography / Charles L. Crespi, Thomas K.H. Chang, and David J. Waxman -- CYP2C19-mediated (S)-mephenytoin 4'-hydroxylation assayed by high-performance liquid chromatography with radiometric detection / Charles L. Crespi, Thomas K.H. Chang, and David J. Waxman -- CYP2D6-dependent bufuralol 1'-hydroxylation assayed by reverse-phase ion-pair high-performance liquid chromatography with fluorescence detection / Charles L. Crespi, Thomas K.H. Chang, and David J. Waxman -- Spectrophotometric analysis of human CYP2E1-catalyzed p-nitrophenol hydroxylation / Charles L. Crespi, Thomas K.H. Chang, and David J. Waxman -- Thin-layer chromotography analysis of human CYP23A-catalyzed testosterone 6[beta]-hydroxylation / David J. Waxman and Thomas K.H. Chang -- Determination of CYP4A11-catalyzed lauric acid 12-hydroxylation by high-performance liquid chromotography with radiometric detection / Charles L. Crespi, Thomas K.H. Chang, and David J. Waxman -- An isocratic high-performance liquid chromatography assay for CYP7A1-catalyzed cholesterol 7[alpha]-hydroxylation / David Waxman and Thomas K.H. Chang -- Use of 7-ethoxycoumarin to monitor multiple enzymes in the human CYP1, CYP2, and CYP3 families / David J. Waxman and Thomas K.H. Chang -- Benzydamine N-oxygenation as a measure of flavin-containing monooxygenase activity / Catherine K. Yeung and Allan E. Rettie -- Prochiral sulfoxidation as a probe for flavin-containing monooxygenases / Catherine K. Yeung and Allan E. Rettie -- Targeting antipeptide antibodies toward cytochrome P450 enzymes / Robert J. Edwards -- The Human Cytochrome P450 Allele Nomenclature Committee web site: submission criteria, procedures, and objectives / Sarah C. Sim and Magnus Ingelman-Sundberg -- Genotyping for cytochrome P450 polymorphisms / Ann K. Daly, Barry P. King, and Julian B.S. Leathart -- Hepatocyte cultures in drug metabolism and toxicological research and testing / Tamara VanHaecke and Vera Rogiers -- Isolation of rat hepatocytes / Peggy Papeleu ... [et al.] -- Rat hepatocyte cultures: conventional monolayer and cocultures with rat liver epithelial cells / Tom Henkens ... [et al.] -- Rat hepatocyte cultures: collagen gel sandwich and immobilization cultures / Mathieu Vinken ... [et al.] -- Hepatocytes in suspension / Greetje Elaut ... [et al.] -- Isolation of rat bone marrow stem cells / Sarah Snykers, Tamara Vanhaecke, and Vera Rogiers -- Transfection of primary cultures of rat hepatocytes / Mina Edwards -- Human hepatocyte culture / Lydiane Pichard ... [et al.] -- Determination of cellular localization of the expression of flavin-containing monooxygenase genes in mouse tissues by in situ hybridization / Azara Janmohamed, Ian R. Phillips, and Elizabeth A. Shephard -- Deletion of genes from the mouse genome using cre/loxP technology / Diana Hernandez ... [et al.] -- Characterization of targeted mouse embryonic stem cell chromosomes: karyotyping and fluorescence in situ hybridization of metaphase spreads / Diana Hernandez, Ian R. Phillips, and Elizabeth A. Shephard -- Microinjection of targeted embryonic stem cells and establishment of knockout mouse lines for fmo genes / Diana Hernandez ... [et al.] -- Use of reporter genes to measure xenobiotic-mediated activation of CYP gene transcription / Nick Plant.
- Cytochrome P450. 3rd ed. 2005, Springer
- Cytochrome P450. Part C 2002, ScienceDirect
- Cytoskeleton and human disease 2012, SpringerPart 1.Basics of the Cytoskeleton --ACTIN /Vera Dugina, Richard Arnoldi, Paul A. Janmey and Christine Chaponnier --Microtubules /Pavel Dráber and Eduarda Dráberová --The Kinesin Superfamily /Linda Wordeman --Basics of the Cytoskeleton: Myosins /Omar A. Quintero, Judy E. Moore and Christopher M. Yengo --Part 2.Actin and Disease --The Actin Cytoskeleton and Membrane Organisation in T Lymphocytes /Rhea Cornely, Thomas Grewal and Katharina Gaus --Thin Filament Diseases of Striated Muscle /Anthony J. Kee and Edna C. Hardeman --Filamins and Disease /Stephen P. Robertson and Philip B. Daniel --LIM Kinase and Cancer Metastasis /Alice Schofield and Ora Bernard --Actin Mutations and Deafness /Matías Morín, Fernando Mayo, Felipe Moreno and Miguel A. Moreno-Pelayo --Therapeutic Targeting of the Actin Cytoskeleton in Cancer /Teresa Bonello, Jason Coombes, Galina Schevzov, Peter Gunning and Justine Stehn.Part 3.Microtubules and Disease --Microtubules as a Target in Cancer Therapy /April L. Risinger and Susan L. Mooberry --Microtubules, Drug Resistance, and Tumorigenesis /Joshua A. McCarroll and Maria Kavallaris --Posttranslational Modifications of Tubulin /Suzan K. Chao, Chia-Ping H. Yang and Susan Band Horwitz --Stathmin and Cancer /Dominic Chi Hiung Ng and Frances Byrne --The Biology and Pathobiology of Tau Protein /Garth F. Hall --Tubulin-Related Malformations of Cortical Development /Xavier H. Jaglin, Jamel Chelly and Nadia Bahi-Buisson --Part 4.Intermediate Filaments and Disease --Spectrins in Human Diseases /Marie-Christine Lecomte --Laminopathies /Nadir M. Maraldi and Giovanna Lattanzi --Desmin and Heart Disease /J. Scott Pattison and Jeffrey Robbins --Neurodegenerative Diseases and Intermediate Filaments /Rodolphe Perrot and Jean-Pierre Julien.
- Data mining in proteomics 2011, Springer ProtocolsInstruments and methods in proteomics -- In-depth protein characterization by mass spectrometry -- Analysis of phosphoproteomics data -- The origin and early reception of sequence databases -- Laboratory data and sample management for proteomics -- PRIDE and "Database on demand" As valuable tools for computational proteomics -- Analysing proteomics identifications in the context of functional and structural protein annotation: Integrating annotation using PICR, DAS, and BioMart -- Tranche distributed repository and proteomecommons.Org -- Data standardization by the HUPO-PSI: How has the community benefitted? -- mzIdentML: An open community-built standard format for the results of proteomics spectrum identification algorithms -- Spectra, chromatograms, metadata: mzML-the standard data format for mass spectrometer output -- imzML: Imaging mass spectrometry markup language: A common data format for mass spectrometry imaging -- Tandem mass spectrometry spectral libraries and library searching -- Inter-lab proteomics: Data mining in collaborative projects on the basis of the HUPO brain proteome project's pilot studies -- Data management and data integration in the HUPO plasma proteome project -- Statistics in experimental design, preprocessing, and analysis of proteomics data -- The evolution of protein interaction networks -- Cytoscape: Software for visualization and analysis of biological networks -- Text mining for systems modeling -- Identification of alternatively spliced transcripts using a proteomic informatics approach -- Distributions of ion series in ETD and CID spectra: Making a comparison -- Evaluation of peak-picking algorithms for protein mass spectrometry -- OpenMS and TOPP: Open source software for LC-MS data analysis -- LC/MS data processing for label-free quantitative analysis -- Spectral properties of correlation matrices - towards enhanced spectral clustering -- Standards, databases, and modeling tools in systems biology -- Modeling of cellular processes: Methods, data, and requirements.
- Delta receptor 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Development and application of biomarkers 2011, CRCnetBASE"A comprehensive assessment of biomarkers, this book covers the history and current status of the application of biomarkers in diagnostics and prognostics. It explores the technology used for the study of biomarkers, and the validation of biomarkers including a comparison of the various technologies used to identify and measure biomarkers. The editors emphasize the technology underlying biomarkers and the translation of basic science to clinical laboratory technology, including the commercial development of biomarkers. The book also covers proteomics and proteomic technologies and their applications in the identification of biomarkers"--Provided by publisher.
- Diacylglycerol oil 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Dipeptidyl aminopeptidases 2006, SpringerTopic I. Structure and function. Peptide substrates of dipeptidyl peptidases / Inger Brandt ... [et al.] Phosphorus-containing inhibitors of proteolytic enzymes / Angel Stöckel-Maschek ... [et al.] Biochemical properties of recombinant prolyl dipeptidases DPP-IV and DPP8 / Xin Chen. Prediction of dipeptidyl peptidase (DP) 8 structure by homology modelling / Melissa R. Pitman, R. Ian Menz, and Catherine A. Abbott -- Topic II. DPIV-related enzymes. Structure and function in dipeptidyl peptidase IV and related proteins / Mark D. Gorrell ... [et al.] Expression and function of dipeptidyl peptidase IV and related enzymes in cancer / Petr Busek ... [et al.] DP8 and DP9 have extra-enzymatic roles in cell adhesion, migration, and apoptosis / Denise M.T. Yu ... [et al.] In vivo effects of a potent, selective DPPII inhibitor: UAMC00039 is a possible tool for the elucidation of the physiological function of DPPII / Marie-Berthe Maes ... [et al.] Expression of dipeptidyl peptidase IV-like enzymes in human peripheral blood mononuclear cells / Sabine Wrenger ... [et al.] Dipeptidyl peptidase 8 has post-proline dipeptidyl aminopeptidase and prolyl endopeptidase activities / Joohong Park ... [et al.] Prolyl endopeptidase cleaves the apoptosis rescue peptide humanin and exhibits and unknown post-cysteine cleavage specificity / Joachim Wolfgang Bär ... [et al.] Distribution of dipeptidyl peptidase IV-like activity enzymes in canine and porcine tissue sections by RT-PCR / Leona Wagner ... [et al.] --Topic III. Metabolic disorders. Relative contribution of incretins to the glucose lowering effect of DP IV inhibitors in type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM) / Simon A. Hinke, Raymond A. Pederson, and Christopher H.S. McIntosh. Dipeptidyl peptidase IV: a molecular switch of vascular actions of neuropeptide Y / Lijun Li, Hans-Ulrich Demuth, and Zofia Zukowska -- Topic IV. Immune disorders. Dipeptidylpeptidase IV (DPIV) and alanyl-aminopeptidases (AAPs) as a new target complex for treatment of autoimmune and inflammatory diseases: proof of concept in a mouse model of colitis / Ute Bank ... [et al.] Dipeptidyl peptidases and inflammatory bowel disease / Catherine A. Abbott ... [et al.] Possible role of DP IV inhibitors in acne therapy / Anja Thielitz ... [et al.] Dipeptidyl peptidase-IV activity and/or structure homologs (DASH): contributing factors in the pathogenesis of rheumatic diseases? / Eva Balaziova ... [et al.] -- Topic V. Neuronal diseases. Dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DP IV, CD26) and aminopeptidase N (APN, CD13) as regulators of T cell function and targets of immunotherapy in CNS inflammation / Aliza Biton ... [et al.] CD26/DP IV in T cell activation and autoimmunity / Vera Preller ... [et al.] DPIV/CD26 and FAP in cancer: a tale of contradictions / Melanie L. Sulda, Catherine A. Abbott, and Martin Hildebrandt. Type-II transmembrane prolyl dipeptidases and matrix metalloproteinases in membrane vesicles of active endothelial cells / Monica Salamone ... [et al.] Extra-enzymatic roles of DPIV and FAP in cell adhesion and migration on collagen and fibronectin / Xin M. Wang ... [et al.] Role of neuropeptide Y and dipeptidyl peptidase IV in regulation of Ewing's sarcoma growth / Joanna Kitlinska ... [et al.] The role of CD26/DPP IV in preservation of early pulmonary graft function / Florian Johannes Jung ... [et al.]
- ch. 1. Introduction, p. 1-3 / Kai Johnsson and Susanne Brakmann, p. 1-3 -- ch. 2. Evolutionary Biotechnology - From Ideas and Concepts to Experiments and Computer Simulations / Peter Schuster, p. 5-28 -- ch. 3. Using Evolutionary Strategies to Investigate the Structure and Function of Chorismate Mutases / Donald Hilvert, Sean V. Taylor and Peter Kast, p. 29-62 -- ch. 4. Construction of Environmental Libraries for Functional Screening of Enzyme Activity / Rolf Daniel, p. 63-78 -- ch. 5. Investigation of Phage Display for the Directed Evolution of Enzymes / Patrice Soumillion and Jacques Fastrez, p. 79-110 -- ch. 6. Directed Evolution of Binding Proteins by Cell Surface Display: Analysis of the Screening Process / K. Dane Wittrup, p. 111-126 -- ch. 7. Yeast n-Hybrid Systems for Molecular Evolution / Brian T. Carter, Hening Lin and Virginia W. Cornish, p. 127-158 -- ch. 8. Advanced Screening Strategies for Biocatalyst Discovery / Andreas Schwienhorst, p. 159-175 -- ch. 9. Engineering Protein Evolution / Stefan Lutz and Stephen J. Benkovic, p. 177-213 -- ch. 10. Exploring the Diversity of Heme Enzymes through Directed Evolution / Patrick C. Cirino and Frances H. Arnold, p. 215-243 -- ch. 11. Directed Evolution as a Means to Create Enantioselective Enzymes for Use in Organic Chemistry / Manfred T. Reetz and Karl-Erich Jaeger, p. 245-279 -- ch. 12. Applied Molecular Evolution of Enzymes Involved in Synthesis and Repair of DNA / John F. Davidson, Jon Anderson, Haiwei Guo, Daniel Landis and Lawrence A. Loeb, p. 281-307 -- ch. 13. Evolutionary Generation Versus Rational Design of Restriction Endonucleases with Novel Specificity / Thomas Lanio, Albert Jeltsch and Alfred Pingoud, p. 309-327 -- ch. 14. Evolutionary Generation of Enzymes with Novel Substrate Specificities / Uwe T. Bornscheuer, p. 329-341.
- Directory of therapeutic enzymes 2006, CRCnetBASEApplied enzymology: an overview / Nancy Shanley and Gary Walsh -- Enzyme engineering / Barry M. McGrath -- Tissue plasminogen activator-based thrombolytic agents / Gary Walsh -- Activated protein C / Brian W. Grinnell, S. Betty Yan, and William L. Macias -- Deoxyribonuclease I / Niek N. Sanders, Stefaan C. de Smedt, and Joseph Demeester -- SS-glucocerebrosidase ceredase and cerezyme / Tim Edmunds -- A-galactosidase / Debra Barngrover -- Urate oxidase / Alain Bayol ... [et al.] -- L-asparaginase review of pharmacology, drug resistance, and clinical applications / Christine Mauz-Korholz, Volker Wahn, and Dieter Korholz -- Recombinant factor VIIa / Elisabeth Erhardtsen ... [et al.] -- Factor IX (protease zymogen) / Barry M. McGrath -- The development of aldurazyme (laronidase) / Emil Kakkis -- Additional therapeutic enzymes / Shane O'Connell.
- DNA helicases and DNA motor proteins 2013, Springer
- DNA methylation 2005, CRCnetBASE
- DNA methylation. 2nd ed. 2009, Springer ProtocolsDNA methylation : an introduction to the biology and the disease-associated changes of a promising biomarker / Jörg Tost -- Quantification of global DNA methylation by capillary electophoresis and mass spectrometry / Maria Berdasco, Mrio F. Fraga, and Manel Esteller -- Methyl group acceptance assay for the determination of global DNA methylation levels / Kenneth P. Nephew, Curt Balch, and David G. Skalnik -- Immunodetection array / Johannes Pröll ... [et al.] -- Methylated DNA immunoprecipitation (MeDIP) / Fabio Mohn ... [et al.] -- The MIRA method for DNA methylation analysis / Tibor A. Rauch and Gerd P. Pfeifer -- The HELP assay / Mayumi Oda and John M. Greally -- Differential methylation hybridization : profiling DNA methylation with a high-density CpG island microarray / Pearlly S. Yan ... [et al.] -- Analysis of DNA methylation by amplification of intermethylated sites (AIMS) / Mireia Jordà ... [et al.] -- Methylation-sensitive representational difference analysis (MS-RDA) / Toshikazu Ushijima and Satoshi Yamashita -- Restriction landmark genomic scanning : analysis of CpG islands in genomes by 2D gel elctrophoresis / Joseph F. Costello ... [et al.] -- GoldenGate assay for DNA methylation profiling / Marina Bibikova and Jian-Bing Fan -- 5'-azacytidine expression arrays / Paul Cairns -- DNA methylation analysis by bisulfite conversion, cloning, and sequencing of individual clones / Yingying Zhang ... [et al.] -- Identification and quantification of differentially methylated loci by the Pyrosequencing technology / Emelyne Dejeux ... [et al.] -- Mass spectrometric analysis of cytosine methylation by base-specific cleavage and primer extension methods / Dirk van den Boom and Mathias Ehrich -- Melting curve assays for DNA methylation analysis / Tomasz K. Wojdacz and Alexander Dobrovic -- Methylatioin SNaPshot : a method for the quantification of site-specific DNA methylation levels / Zachary Kaminsky and Arturas Petronis -- Bio-COBRA : absolute quantification of DNA methylation in electrofluidics chips / Romulo Martin Brena and Christoph Plass -- Restriction digestion and real-time PCR (qAMP) / Christopher C. Oakes ... [et al.] -- MethylQuant : a real-time PCR-based method to quantify DNA methylation at single specific cytosines / Claire Dugast-Darzacq and Thierry Grange -- Methylation-specific PCR / Julien D.F. Licchesi and James G. Herman -- MethyLight / Mihaela Campan ... [et al.] -- Quantification of methylated DNA by HeavyMethyl duplex PCR / Jürgen Distler -- Analysis of methylated circulating DNA in cancer patients' blood / Eiji Sunami ... [et al.] -- Prevention of PCR cross-contamination by UNG treatment of bisulfite-treated DNA / Reimo Tetzner -- Profiling DNA methylation from small amounts of genomic DNA starting material : efficient sodium bisulfite conversion and subsequent whole-genome amplification / Jonathan Mill and Arturas Petronis.
- DNA methylation. Basic mechanisms 2006, Springer
- Dopamine receptors. 2nd ed. 2010, Springer
- ECTO-NOX proteins 2013, Springer
- Electroanalytical methods for biological materials 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Electrochemistry of nucleic acids and proteins. 1st ed. 2005, ScienceDirect
- Emergent collective properties, networks and information in biology. 1st ed. 2006, ScienceDirect
- Endotoxins 2010, SpringerEndotoxins: Lipopolysaccharides of Gram-negative bacteria / X. Wang and P.J. Quinn -- Purification and characterization of lipopolysaccharides / X. Wang ... [et al.] -- Endotoxins: Relationship between structure, function, and activity / K. Brandenburg, A.B. Schromm and T. Gutsmann -- The diversity of the core oligosaccharide in lipopolysaccharides / A. Silipo and A. Molinaro -- Salmonella-regulated lipopolysaccharide modifications / S.M. Richards, K.L. Strandberg and J.S. Gunn -- The variation of O antigens in Gram-negative bacteria / L. Wang, Q. Wang and P.R. Reeves -- Regulators of TLR4 signaling by endotoxins / A.F. McGettrick and L.A.J. O'Neill -- Membrane partitioning: Is location everything when it comes to endotoxin recognition? / M. Triantafilou and K. Triantafilou -- Endotoxin detection - from limulus amebocyte lysate to recombinant Factor C / J.L. Ding and B. Ho -- The role of endotoxin in infection: Helicobacter pylori and Campylobacter jejuni / A.P. Moran -- The role of pseudomonas lipopolysaccharide in cystic fibrosis airway infection / S.M. Moskowitz and R.K. Ernst -- Development of small-molecule endotoxin sequestering agents / S.A. David and D. Sil -- Development of an anti-endotoxin vaccine for sepsis / A.S. Cross -- Synthetic and natural TLR4 agonists as safe and effective vaccine adjuvants / C.B. Fox ... [et al.] -- Targeting endotoxin in the treatment of sepsis / J.-S. Rachoin, C.A. Schorr and R.P. Dellinger -- Lipopolysaccharides in rhizobium-legume symbioses / R.W. Carlson, L.S. Forsberg and E.L. Kannenberg -- Lipopolysaccharides and plant innate immunity / G. Erbs ... [et al.].
- A₃ adenosine receptors from cell biol...
- — Endotoxins .............................
- Engineered zinc finger proteins ........
- — Lipids. 1st ed. ........................
- Liposomes. Part A-G ....................
- — Protein folding protocols ..............
- Protein interactions ...................
- — Zinc finger proteins ...................
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases