Books by Subject
- ADHD in adults .........................
- — Practical aspects of rape investigati...
- Presenting at medical meetings .........
- — Zebrafish neurobehavioral protocols ....
- ADHD in adults 2013, SpringerADHD in Adults: A Practical Guide to Evaluation and Management is the product of a unique collaboration of international specialists. This volume offers easy-to-read guidance, and includes checklists, rating scales and treatment planning tools. It was designed for a broad audience of caregivers working in diverse settings, including psychiatrists, social workers, primary care physicians, nurse specialists and psychologists. The authors are highly acclaimed clinicians, investigators and educators. They offer step-by-step guidance for implementation of best practices, drawing from clinical research and their experience treating thousands of patients. They cover diagnosis, treatment planning, and state-of-the-art application of pharmacology, psychotherapy, skill-building, family system and environmental interventions - for both simple and complex cases. The scales and worksheets in this Guide were developed to efficiently facilitate assessment and management. The Editor is an international leader in the field from the Clinical and Research Program in Adult ADHD at Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) and Harvard Medical School, which has made pioneering and highly cited contributions to the understanding of ADHD. This Guide is a definitive, indispensable resource for all health providers who wish to optimize their approach to adult patients with ADHD.
- Advances in Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease 2008, SpringerThe subject matter of the ADPD conferences is unique in that it deals not only with issues related individually to Alzheimer's disease and Parkinson's disease, but also with the integration of these and other related diseases. The most up-to-date techniques and research findings are illustrated in this volume.
- Animal models of behavioral analysis 2011, Springer ProtocolsEyeblink Conditioning in Animal Models and Humans / Kevin L. Brown, Diana S. Woodruff-Pak -- Anatomical, Physiological, and Behavioral Analysis of Rodent Vision / Brett G. Jeffrey, Trevor J. McGill, Tammie L. Haley, Catherine W. Morgans, Robert M. Duvoisin -- Correlates and Analysis of Motor Function in Humans and Animal Models of Parkinson's Disease / Alexandra Y. Schang, Beth E. Fisher, Natalie R. Sashkin, Cindy Moore, Lisa B. Dirling, Giselle M. Petzinger, Michael W. Jakowec, Charles K. Meshul -- Spatial Learning and Memory in Animal Models and Humans / Gwendolen E. Haley, Jacob Raber -- Fear Conditioning in Rodents and Humans / Mohammed R. Milad, Sarah Igoe, Scott P. Orr -- Conditioned Place Preference in Rodents and Humans / Devin Mueller, Harriet de Wit -- Social Interactions in the Clinic and the Cage: Toward a More Valid Mouse Model of Autism / Garet P. Lahvis, Lois M. Black -- The Experimental Manipulation of Uncertainty / Dominik R. Bach, Christopher R. Pryce, Erich Seifritz -- Circadian Variation in the Physiology and Behavior of Humans and Nonhuman Primates / Henryk F. Urbanski -- Traumatic Brain Injury in Animal Models and Humans / Hita Adwanikar, Linda Noble-Haeusslein, Harvey S. Levin -- Behavioral Sensitization to Addictive Drugs: Clinical Relevance and Methodological Aspects / Tamara J. Phillips, Raú́l Pastor, Angela C. Scibelli, Cheryl Reed, Ernesto Tarragó́n -- Evaluating Behavioral Outcomes from Ischemic Brain Injury / Paco S. Herson, Julie Palmateer, Patricia D. Hurn, A. Courtney DeVries -- A Comparative Analysis of Cellular Morphological Differentiation Within the Cerebral Cortex Using Diffusion Tensor Imaging / Lindsey A. Leigland, Christopher D. Kroenke.
- History and overview /Johnny L. Matson and Daniene Neal --Applied behavior analysis and its application to autism and autism related disorders /Joel E. Ringdahl, Todd Kopelman, and Terry S. Falcomata --Assessment methods /Frederick Furniss --Intervention and treatment methods for children with autism spectrum disorders /Nozomi Naoi --Differential diagnosis in autism spectrum disorders /Dennis R. Dixon ... [et al.] --Communication /Jeff Sigafoos, Mark F. O'Reilly, and Giulio E. Lancioni --Social skills and autism :understanding and addressing the deficits /Mary Jane Weiss, Robert H. LaRue, and Andrea Newcomer --Rituals and stereotypes /Jeffrey H. Tiger, Karen A. Toussaint, and Megan L. Kliebert --Self-injury /Timothy R. Vollmer, Kimberly N. Sloman, and Andrew L. Samaha --Aggression and noncompliance /James K. Luiselli --Adaptive and self-help skills /Noha F. Minshawi, Iryna Ashby, and Naomi Swievy --Generalization and maintenance /Angela M. Arnold-Saritepe ... [et al.] --Training issues unique to autism spectrum disorders /Linda A. LeBlanc, Nicole Gravina, and James E. Carr --Parent training interventions for children with autism spectrum disorders /Lauren Brookman-Frazee ... [et al.].
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder handbook. 2nd ed. 2010, Springer
- Basal ganglia IX 2009, Springer
- Basal ganglia VIII 2005, SpringerOscillations in the basal ganglia -- Cholinergic mechanisms in the striatum -- Pharmacological and receptor studies of the basal ganglia -- Disorders of basal ganglia function I: studies in animal models -- Disorders of basal ganglia function II: clinical studies -- Physiological and anatomical studies of the functional organisation of the basal ganglia.
- Behavioral approaches to chronic disease in adolescence 2009, SpringerBasic issues -- Introduction: adolescents with chronic illnesses: issues and answers -- Introduction to adolescent development -- Unique considerations when treating adolescents with chronic illness -- Adolescent physiology -- Family influence on adolescent treatment outcomes -- Ethics and the teen patients -- Overextending the overextended: burnout potential in health-care professionals, psychologists, patients, and family members -- Integrated care practice guidelines -- Type 1 diabetes mellitus -- Type 2 diabetes in youth -- Integrated care practice guidelines for adolescents with asthma -- Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis -- Epilepsy -- Migraines/chronic headaches -- Assessment and management of chronic and recurrent pain in adolescents -- Adolescent depression -- Cancer -- Cystic fibrosis in adolescents -- Chronic and end-stage renal disease -- Sickle cell disease -- Inflammatory bowel disease -- Chronic fatigue syndrome -- Adolescents living with HIV/AIDS -- Health-related quality of life instruments for adolescents with chronic diseases.
- Behavioral health disability 2011, Springer1. A Critique of the Behavioral Health Disability System / Pamela A. Warren -- 2. Prevalence of Behavioral Health Concerns and Systemic Issues in Disability Treatment and Management / Pamela A. Warren -- 3. Effective Psychological Evaluation and Management of Behavioral Health Concerns / Pamela A. Warren -- 4. Assessment of Psychosocial Contributions to Disability / Daniel Bruns and Pamela A. Warren -- 5. Psychiatric Issues in Behavioral Health Disability / Bettina B. Kilburn -- 6. The Occupational Medicine Perspective on Behavioral Health Concerns / James B. Talmage -- 7. Physical Therapy Treatment and the Impact of Behavioral Health Concerns / Jill S. Galper -- 8. Vocational Rehabilitation Considerations for Mental Health Impairments in the Workplace / Joseph Cannelongo and Kristina Petro -- 9. Case Management and Behavioral Health Disability / J. David Hubbard, Pamela A. Warren, and Robert M. Aurbach -- 10. Behavioral Health and Disability Insurance: A Perspective / Kenneth Mitchell -- 11. The Legal System and Behavioral Health / Robert M. Aurbach.
- Behavioral health response to disasters 2012, CRCnetBASE"Foreword Behavioral Health Response to Disasters Disaster behavioral health has come a long way in a short amount of time. The book you hold in your hands (or perhaps view on your Kindle e-reader) encompasses an array of topics almost unimaginable even 25 years ago. It covers the roles and responsibilities of government and nongovernmental organizations and the integration of behavioral health into public health preparedness and response. There are separate chapters on children, adolescents, older adults, and racially and ethnically diverse populations. Other chapters address secondary trauma in disaster workers and assessing local disaster vulnerability. The list goes on, including dealing with school systems, long-term care, behavioral health in shelters, treatment for disaster survivors, disaster substance abuse services, culturally competent case management, response team training, and building community resilience. A simple perusal of the table of contents serves as an illustration of the way that attention to disaster behavioral health has grown exponentially in research, policy, and practice communities. It was not always so. When I began graduate training in the mid 1980s, to my knowledge disaster mental health was not part of any graduate school curriculum. A small subset of clinical psychologists and other mental health professionals had some training in crisis mental health, but it was optional, and it carried a different and much more specifi c meaning. Crisis mental health in those days typically meant: (1) working with people who were in acute crisis, (2) working with victims of extreme circumstances using models derived from the military and trauma research, and/or (3) community crisis intervention"--Provided by publisher.
- History of behavioral interventions in STD control /Laura J. McGough and H. Hunter Handsfield --Behavioral interventions for STDs : theoretical models and intervention methods /Janet S. St. Lawrence and J. Dennis Fortenberry --Biomedical interventions /Stuart Berman and Mary L. Kamb --Dyadic, small group, and community-level behavioral interventions for STD/HIV prevention /Donna Hubbard McCree, Agatha Eke, and Samantha P. Wiliams --Structural interventions /Frederick R. Bloom and Deborah A. Cohen --STD prevention communication : using social marketing techniques with an eye on behavioral change /Miriam Y. Vega and Khalil G. Ghanem --Partner notification and management interventions /Matthew Hogben, Devon D. Brewer and Matthew R. Golden --Interventions in sexual health care-seeking and provision at multiple levels of the U.S. health care system /Matthew Hogben and Lydia A. Shrier --Use of the internet in STD/HIV prevention /Mary McFarlane and Sheana S. Bull --Male condoms /Lee Warner and Katherine M. Stone --STI vaccines : status of development, potential impact, and important factors for implementation /Nicole Liddon, Gregory D. Zimet, and Lawrence R. Stanberry --Behavioral interventions for prevention and control of STDs among adolescents /Kathleen A. Ethier and Donald P. Orr --Biological and behavioral risk factors associated with STDs/HIV in women : implications for behavioral interventions /Donna Hubbard McCree and Anne M. Rompalo --STD prevention with men who have sex with men in the United States /Kevin A. Fenton and Frederick R. Bloom --STD repeaters : implications for the individual and STD transmission in a population /Jami S. Leichliter, Jonathan M. Ellen and Robert A. Gunn --Looking inside and affecting the outside : corrections-based interventions for STD prevention /Saimantha P. Williams and Richard H. Kahn --STDs among illicit drug users in the United States : the need for interventions /Salaam Semaan, Don C. Des Jarlais, and Robert M. Malow --Quantitative measurement /Mary McFarlane and Janet S. St. Lawrence --Qualitative methods /Pamina M. Gorbach and Jerome Galea --From data to action : integrating program evaluation and program improvement /Thomas J. Chapel and Kim Seechuk --Cost-effectiveness analysis /Thomas L. Gift and Jeanne Marrazzo --From best practices to better practice : adopting model behavioral interventions in the real world of STD/HIV prevention /Cornelis A. Rietmeijer and Alice A. Gandelman --The ethics of public health practice for the prevention and control of STDs /Salaam Semaan and Mary Leinhos --Policy and behavioral interventions for STDs /Jonathan M. Zenilman.
- Behavioral medicine. 3rd ed. 2008, AccessMedicine
- Behavioral neurobiology of aging 2012, Springer
- Behavioral neurobiology of anxiety and its treatment 2010, Springer
- Behavioral neurobiology of eating disorders 2011, SpringerCognition and emotions in eating disorders --Personality and tempermentLisa Rachelle Riso Lilenfeld --Cognitions and emotions in eating disorders /Nicolette Siep, Anita Jansen, Remco Havermans, and Anne Roefs --Neural circuits, neurotransmitters, and behavior --Neurocircuitry of eating disorders /Walter H. Kaye, Angela Wagner, Julie L. Fudge, and Martin Paulus --Serotonin: imaging findings in eating disorders /Ursula F. Bailer and Walter H. Kaye --Dopamine-based reward circuitry responsivity, genetics and overeating /Eric Stice, Sonja Yokum, David Zald, and Alain Dagher --Reward and neurocomputational processes /Guido K. W. Frank --Cognitive-behavioral flexibility in anorexia nervosa /Hans-Christoph Friederich and Wolfgang Herzog --Neural circuits, neurotransmitters and behavior /Howard Steiger, Kenneth R. Bruce, and Patricia Groleau --Genetics, gender and heritability --The heritability of eating disorders: methods and current findings /Laura M. Thornton, Suzanne E. Mazzeo, and Cynthia M. Bulik --The genetics of eating disorders /Sietske G. Helder and David A Collier --The influence of gender and puberty on the heritablility of disordered eating symptons /Kristen M. Culbert, Sarah E. Racine, and Kelly L. Klump --Neuroendocrinology and animal research --New frontiers in endocrinology of eating disorders /Palmiero Monteleone --Animal models of eating disorder traits /Martien J. H. Kas and Roger A. H. Dan --Neurobiology driving hyperactivity in activity-based anorexia /R. A. H. Adan, J. J. G. Hillebrand, U. N. Dammer, S. Cardona Cano, M. J. H. Kas, and L. A. W. Verhagen --Translational approach to treatment --Translating experimental neuroscience into treatment of eating disorders: two examples /Ulrike Schmidt, Anna Oldershaw, and Annemarie van Elburg --Cognitive remediation therapy for eating disorders; development, refinement and future directions /Kate Tchanturia and James Lock --Incorporating dispositional traits into the treatment of anorexia nervosa /Nancy L. Zucker, David Herzog, Ashley Moskovich, Rhonda Merwin, and Tammy Lin.
- Behavioral neurobiology of schizophrenia and its treatment 2010, SpringerFront Matter -- Diagnosis and Revision of the Classification Systems / Assen Jablensky -- Pathophysiology of Schizophrenia / Peter Falkai, Andrea Schmitt, Tyrone D Cannon -- Neurocognition, Social Cognition and Functional Outcome in Schizophrenia / William P Horan, Philippe-Olivier Harvey, Robert S Kern, Michael F Green -- The Genetics of Schizophrenia / James T R Walters, Michael O'Donovan, Michael J Owen, Wolfgang Gaebel -- Early Recognition and Prevention of Schizophrenia / Patrick D McGorry, Sherilyn Goldstone -- Pharmacological Treatment / Jonathan E Sherin, Stephen R Marder -- Cognitive-Behavioural Interventions / Suzanne Jolley, Philippa Garety -- Management, Rehabilitation, Stigma / Wulf R̲ssler -- Index.
- Behavioral neurobiology of the endocannabinoid system 2009, Springer
- Behavioral neurogenetics 2012, Springer
- Behavioral neuroscience of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and its treatment 2012, Springer
- Behavioral science in medicine 2004, OvidThe life cycle -- The biological bases of behavior -- The psychological bases of behavior -- Psychopathology -- Social behavior -- The doctor-patient relationship -- Health care delivery.
- Behavioral sport psychology 2011, Springer1. Overview of behavioral sport psychology / Garry L. Martin and Kendra Thomson -- 2. Actigraphy : the ambulatory measurement of physical activity / Warren W. Tryon -- 3. Quantitative analysis of sports / Derek D. Reed -- 4. Single-case evaluation of behavioral coaching interventions / James K. Luiselli -- 5. Cognitive assessment in behavioral sport psychology / Bradley Donohue, Yani L. Dickens, and Philip D. Del Vecchio III -- 6. Goal setting and performance feedback / Phillip Ward -- 7. Cognitive-behavioral strategies / Jeffrey L. Brown -- 8. Establishing and maintaining physical exercise / Christopher C. Cushing and Ric G. Steele -- 9. Behavioral momentum in sports / Henry S. Roane -- 10. Developing fluent, efficient, and automatic repertoires of athletic performance / Brian K. Martens and Scott R. Collier -- 11. Sport neuropsychology and cerebral concussion / Frank M. Webbe -- 12. Aggression in competitive sports: using direct observation to evaluate incidence and prevention focused intervention / Chris J. Gee -- 13. Behavioral effects of sport nutritional supplements : fact or fiction? / Stephen Ray Flora -- 14. Cognitive-behavioral coach training: a translational approach to theory, research, and intervention / Ronald E. Smith and Frank L. Smoll -- 15. Conclusions and recommendations: toward a comprehensive framework of evidenced-based practice with performers / Gershon Tenenbaum and Lael Gershgoren.
- Biobehavioral resilience to stress 2008, CRCnetBASEPsychological screening: predicting resilience to stress / Howard N. Garb and Jeff Cigrang -- Resilience and military psychiatry / Elspeth Cameron Ritchie ... [et al.] -- The stresses of modern war / George R. Mastroianni ... [et al.] -- Resilience through leadership / Donald Campbell, Kathleen Campbell, and James W. Ness -- Adaptation to stress and psychobiological mechanisms of resilience / Steven M. Southwick ... [et al.] -- Psychophysiology of resilience to stress / Christian Waugh, Michele Tugade, and Barbara Fredrickson --Resilience and survival in extreme environments / Karl E. Friedl and David M. Penetar -- Posttraumatic stress disorder: genetic and environmental risk factors / Dewleen G. Baker, Victoria B. Risbrough, and Nicholas J. Schork -- Resilience and personality / Maren Westphal, George A. Bonanno, and Paul T. Bartone -- Cognitive performance and resilience to stress / Mark A. Staal ... [et al.] -- The impact of social structural conditions on psychological resilience to stress / David E. Rohall and James A. Martin -- Resilience: toward the state of the possible / Victoria Tepe and Brian J. Lukey.
- Biological influences on criminal behavior 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Biosocial foundations of family processes 2011, Springer"Genes and environment. Biology and behavior. Nature and nurture. The terminology may be clear-cut, but the processes themselves are far from simple: unlike the direct cause-and-effect dichotomies of past frameworks, researchers now recognize these family-based connections as multifaceted, transactional, and emergent. [This book] aims at illuminating a multiplicity of approaches and methodologies for studying family dynamics, to match the complex interplay of physiological factors, environmental challenges, and behavioral adaptations that characterize family life and development. Chapters illustrate physical and social influences on parenting, childhood, adolescence, fertility, and family formation, providing analytical frameworks for understanding key areas such as family behavior, health, development, and adaptation to contextual stressors."--Book jacket.
- Brain imaging in behavioral medicine and clinical neuroscience: an introduction -- Basic MR physics: considerations for behavioral medicine and neurophysiology -- Functional magnetic resonance imaging -- Diffusion-tensor imaging and behavioral medicine -- Perfusion MRI -- Proton magnetic resonance spectroscopy: a practical guide for the clinical neuroscientist -- Functional near-infrared spectroscopy -- Methodological considerations for using bold fMRI in the clinical neurosciences -- Application of functional neuroimaging to examination of nicotine dependence -- Relationship between mood, stress, and tobacco smoking -- Imaging substance use and misuse: psychostimulants -- Eating disorders -- Structural and functional neuroimaging in obesity -- Neuropsychology and neuroimaging in metabolic dysfunction -- Neuroimaging of cardiovascular disease -- Exercise and the brain -- Neuroimaging of pain: a psychosocial perspective -- Neuroimaging in acute ischemic stroke -- Neuroimaging of Alzheimer's disease, mild cognitive impairment, and other dementias -- Application of neuroimaging methods to define cognitive and brain abnormalities associated with HIV -- Neuroimaging and cognitive function in multiple sclerosis -- Neuroimaging of fatigue -- Brain imaging in behavioral medicine and clinical neuroscience: synthesis.
- Brain imaging in behavioral neuroscience 2012, Springer
- Brain, behavior and epigenetics 2011, Springer
- Causes and behavioral consequences of disasters 2012, Springerpt. 1. The study of disasters -- pt. 2. Causes of disasters -- pt. 3. Behavioral consequences of disasters -- pt. 4. Our models : applying a public health perspective.
- Chemosensory systems in mammals, fishes, and insects 2009, Springer
- "Conduct problems, particularly oppositional defiant disorder (ODD) and conduct disorder (CD), are the most common mental health problems affecting children and adolescents. The consequences to individuals, families, and schools may be severe and long-lasting. To ameliorate negative outcomes and ensure the most effective treatment for aggressive and antisocial youth, early diagnosis and evidence-based interventions are essential. Clinical Handbook of Assessing and Treating Conduct Problems in Youth provides readers with both a solid grounding in theory and a comprehensive examination of the evidence-based assessment strategies and therapeutic practices that can be used to treat a highly diverse population with a wide range of conduct problems. It provides professional readers with an array of evidence-based interventions, both universal and targeted, that can be implemented to improve behavioral and social outcomes in children and adolescents. This expertly written resource: Lays the foundation for understanding conduct problems in youth, including epidemiology, etiology, and biological, familial, and contextual risk factors.Details the assessment process, with in-depth attention to tools, strategies, and differential diagnosis.Reviews nine major treatment protocols, including Parent-Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT), multisystemic therapy (MST) for adolescents, school-based group approaches, residential treatment, and pharmacotherapy.Critiques the current generation of prevention programs for at-risk youth.Explores salient issues in working effectively with minority youth.Offers methods for evaluating intervention programs, starting with cost analysis.This volume serves as a one-stop reference for all professionals who seek a solid grounding in theory as well as those who need access to evidence-based assessment and therapies for conduct problems. It is a must-have volume for anyone working with at-risk children, including clinical child, school, and developmental psychologists; forensic psychologists; social workers; school counselors and allied professionals; and medical and psychiatric practitioners."--Book description (Amazon.com)
- Clinical handbook of mindfulness 2009, SpringerIntroduction: Where new and old paths to dealing with suffering meet /Fabrizio Didonna --Part 1. Theory, conceptualization, and phenomenology --Mindfulness : What is it? Where did it come from? /Ronald D. Siegel, Christopher K. Germer, and Andrew Olendzki --Mindfulness and meditation /Andrew Olendzki --The neurobiology of mindfulness /Michael T. Treadway and Sara W. Lazar --Toward a phenomenology of mindfulness : subjective experience and emotional correlates /Kirk Warren Brown and Shari Cordon --Part 2. Clinical applications : general issues, rationale, and phenomenology --Mindfulness and psychopathology : problem formulation /Nancy L. Kocovski, Zindel V. Segal, Susan R. Battista --Emotional memory, mindfulness and compassion /Paul Gilbert and Dennis Tirch --The use of metaphor to establish acceptance and mindfulness /Alethea A. Varra, Claudia Drossel, and Steven C. Hayes --Mindfulness and feelings of emptiness /Fabrizio Didonna and Yolanda Rosillo Gonzalez --Assessment of mindfulness /Ruth A. Baer, Erin Walsh, Emily L.B. Lykins --Part 3. Mindfulness-based interventions for specific disorders --Mindfulness and anxiety disorders : developing a wise relationship with the inner experience of fear /Jeffrey Greeson, Jeffrey Brantley --Mindfulness and obsessive-compulsive disorder : developing a way to trust and validate one's internal experience /Fabrizio Didonna --Mindfulness-based cognitive therapy for depression and suicidality /Thorsten Barnhofer and Catherine Crane --Mindfulness and borderline personality disorder /Shireen L. Rizvi, Stacy Shaw Welch, and Sona Dimidjian --Mindfulness-based approaches to eating disorders /Ruth Q. Wolever and Jennifer L. Best --Paradise lost : mindfulness and addictive behavior /Thomas Bien --Mindfulness for trauma and posttraumatic stress disorder /Victoria M. Follette and Aditi Vijay --Mindful awareness and ADHD /L. Zylowska, S.L. Smalley, J.M. Schwartz --Mindfulness and psychosis /Antonio Pinto --Mindfulness-based stress reduction for chronic pain management /Jacqueline Gardner-Nix --Mindfulness-based interventions in oncology /Linda E. Carlson ... [et al.] --Part 4. Mindfulness-based interventions for specific settings and populations --Mindfulness-based intervention in an individual clinical setting : what difference mindfulness makes behind closed doors /Paul R. Fulton --Mindfulness with children : working with difficult emotions /Trudy A. Goodman and Susan Kaiser Greenland --Mindfulness-based elder care : communicating mindfulness to frail elders and their caregivers /Lucia McBee --Mindfulness-based interventions in an inpatient setting /Fabrizio Didonna --Training professionals in mindfulness : the heart of teaching /Susan Lesley Woods --Appendix A :Mindfulness practice /Thomas Bien and Fabrizio Didonna --Appendix B : Resources.
- Clinician's handbook of adult behavioral assessment 2006, ScienceDirectContributors -- Preface -- General issues -- Overview of behavioral assessment with adults / William O'Donohue, Kendra K. Beitz, Michelle Byrd -- Psychometric considerations / Stephen N. Haynes -- Analogue and virtual reality assessment / Johan Rosqvist, Alecia Sundsmo, Chelsea MacLane, Kirsten Cullen, Darcy Clothier Norling, Mandy Davies, Danielle Maack -- Behavioral interviewing / Steven L. Sayers, Thomas J. Tomcho -- Activity measurement / Warren W. Tryon -- Structured and semi-structured interviews / Daniel L. Segal, Frederick L. Coolidge, Alisa O'Riley, Benjamin A. Heinz -- Self assessment / Sandra F. Sigmon, Stephanie M. LaMattina -- Psychophysiological assessment / Kevin T. Larkin -- Evaluation of specific disorders -- And problems -- Anxiety and fear / F. Dudley McGlynn, Todd A. Smitherman, Amanda M. M. Mulfinger -- Depression / Paula Truax, Aaron Tritch, Barb Carver -- Social skills deficit / Nina Heinrichs, Alexander L. Gerlach, Stefan G. Hofmann -- Eating disorders / Tiffany Stewart, Donald A. Williamson -- Alcohol and drug abuse / Peter M. Miller -- Marital dysfunction / Gary R. Birchler, William Fals-Stewart -- Sexual deviation / Nathanial McConaghy -- Psychotic behavior / Nirbhay N. Singh, Mohamed Sabaawi -- Aggressive behavior / Jennifer Langhinrichesen-Rohling, Matthew T. Huss, Martin L. Rohling -- Sleep dysfunction / Shawn Currie -- Borderline personality disorders / Wendi L. Adams, Tracy Jendritza, Soonie Kim -- Special issues -- Technology integration and behavioral assessment / David C. S. Richard, Andrew Gloster -- Evaluating older adults / Barry A. Edelstein. Erin Woodhead, Emily Bower, Angela Sweeney -- Behavioral neuropsychology / Michael D. Franzen -- Ethical-legal issues / William J. Fremouw, Jill Johansson-Love, Elizabeth Tyner, Julia Strunk -- Behavioral assessment of work-related issues / Derek R. Hopko, Sandra D. Hopko, C. W. Lejuez -- Assessment of value change in adults with acquired disabilities / Elias Mpofu, Thomas Oakland -- Index.
- Clinician's handbook of child behavioral assessment 2006, ScienceDirectGeneral issues -- Overview of behavioral assessment with children / David Reitman -- Developmental considerations / Susan Tinsley-Li, Sandra Rogers -- Psychometric considerations / Daniel M. Bagner, Michelle Harwood, Sheila M. Eyberg -- Analogue and virtual reality assessment / Sari D. Gold, Brian P. Marx -- Behavioral interviewing of parents / William G. Sharp, Cara B. Reeves, Alan M. Gross -- Activity measurement / Mark D. Rapport, Michael J. Kofler, Carmen Himmerich -- Structured and semistructured interviews / Helen Orvaschel -- Child self-regulation / Martin Agran, Michael L. Wehmeyer -- Psychophysiological assessment / Frank H. Wilhelm, Silvia Schneider, Bruce H. Friedman -- Peer sociometric evaluation / Elias Mpofu, JoLynn Carney, Michael C. Lambert -- Evaluation of specific disorders and problems -- Anxiety and fear / Janet Woodruff-Borden, Ovsanna T. Leyfer -- Depression / William M. Reynolds -- Social skill deficits / Megan M. McClelland, Cori Scalzo -- Alcohol and drug abuse / Brad C. Donohue, Jennifer Karmely, Marilyn J. Strada -- Peer relationship problems / Linda A. LeBlanc, Rachael A. Sautter, Dawn J. Dore -- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder / Mark D. Rapport, Thomas M. Timko, Jr., Rachel Wolfe -- Eating disorders / Michelle Heffner Macera, J. Scott Mizes -- Mental retardation / V. Mark Durand, Kristin V. Christodulu -- Conduct disorders / Kurt A. Freeman, Jennifer M. Hogansen -- Pervasive development disorders / Laura Schreibman, Aubyn C. Stahmer, Natacha Akshoomoff -- Habit disorders / Michael B. Himle ... [et al.] -- Special issues -- Child abuse assessment / Deborah Wise -- Classroom assessment / Janine P. Stichter, Timothy J. Lewis -- Pediatric behavioral neuropsychology / Eileen B. Fennell -- Academic skills problems / Edward S. Shapiro, Milena A. Keller -- Ethical and legal issues / Catherine Miller.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy for clinicians 2006, OvidHistorical development of cognitive therapy -- Cognitive model and theory of psychopathology -- Case formulation -- The patient-therapist relationship -- Tools of treatment -- Structure of sessions -- Resistance -- Termination -- Affective disorders -- Anxiety disorders -- Personality disorders and dialectical behavior therapy -- Medication adherence.
- Cognitive development in chimpanzees 2006, SpringerForeword / by Jane Goodall -- Sociocognitive development in chimpanzees : a synthesis of laboratory work and fieldwork / T. Matsuzawa -- A new comparative perspective on prenatal motor behaviors : preliminary research with four-dimensional ultrasonography / H. Takeshita, M. Myowa-Yamakoshi, S. Hirata -- Cognitive abilities before birth : learning and long-lasting memory in a chimpanzee fetus / N. Kawai -- Spindle neurons in the anterior cingulate cortex of humans and great apes / M. Hayashi -- Descent of the larynx in chimpanzees : mosaic and multiple-step evolution of the foundations for human speech / T. Nishimura -- Understanding the growth pattern of chimpanzees : does it conserve the pattern of the common ancestor of humans and chimpanzees? / Y. Hamada, T. Udono -- The application of a human personality test to chimpanzees and survey of polymorphism in genes relating to neurotransmitters and hormones / M. Inoue-Murayama ... [et al.] -- Evolutionary origins of the human mother-infant relationship / T. Matsuzawa -- Development of facial information processing in nonhuman primates / M. Myowa-Yamakoshi -- Development of joint attention in infant chimpanzees / S. Okamoto-Barth, M. Tomonaga -- Food sharing and referencing behavior in chimpanzee mother and infant / A. Ueno -- Development of chimpanzee social cognition in the first 2 years of life / M. Tomonaga -- Chimpanzee learning and transmission of tool use to fish for honey / S. Hirata --How and when do chimpanzees acquire the ability to imitate? / M. Myowa-Yamakoshi -- Yawning : an opening into empathy? / J.R. Anderson, T. Matsuzawa -- How social influences affect food neophobia in captive chimpanzees : a comparative approach / E. Addessi, E. Visalberghi -- Tactical deception and understanding of others in chimpanzees / S. Hirata -- Early spontaneous categorization in primate infants - chimpanzees, humans, and Japanese macaques - with the familiarization-novelty preference task / C. Murai -- Processing of shadow information in chimpanzee (Pan troglodytes) and human (Homo sapiens) infants / T. Imura, M. Tomonaga, A. Yagi -- Color recognition in chimpanzees (Pan troglodytes) / T. Matsuno, N. Kawai, T. Matsuzawa -- Auditory-visual crossmodal representations of species-specific vocalizations / A. Izumi -- Spontaneous categorization of natural objects in chimpanzees / M. Tanaka -- Cognitive enrichment in chimpanzees : an approach of welfare entailing an animal's entire resources / N. Morimura -- Cognitive development in apes and humans assessed by object manipulation / M. Hayashi, H. Takeshita, T. Matsuzawa -- Token use by chimpanzees (Pan troglodytes) : choice, metatool, and cost / C. Sousa, T. Matsuzawa -- Behavioral repertoire of tool use in the wild chimpanzees at Bossou / G. Ohashi -- Ant dipping in chimpanzees : an example of how microecological variables, tool use, and culture reflect the cognitive abilities of chimpanzees / T. Humle -- Ontogeny and cultural propagation of tool use by wild chimpanzees at Bossou, Guinea : case studies in nut cracking and leaf folding / D. Biro, C. Sousa, T. Matsuzawa.
- Describes the COMPASS model for working with preschool and elementary age students with autism spectrum disorders. This book offers a framework for individualized assessment and program planning based in students' life experiences along with family and teacher input. At the same time, its two-tiered consultation/coaching strategy is designed to minimize the setbacks that occur even in optimal family and classroom situations. Featured in the text: theory and rationale behind COMPASS; self-evaluation tools for assessing core skills and competencies; guidelines for writing effective Individual Education Programs and the COMPASS Action Plan; detailed instructions for implementing Action Plans and monitoring progress; case studies of the COMPASS program in real-life situations; a complete kit of forms, scales, and checklists.
- Communicating with one another 2008, SpringerIn contrast to traditional approaches of mainstream psycholinguists, the authors of 'Communicating with One Another' approach spontaneous spoken discourse as a dynamic process, rich with structures, patterns, and rules other than conventional grammar and syntax.
- Communication in cognitive behavioral therapy 2011, Springer
- Computer-human interaction 2008, Springer
- Concise handbook of experimental methods for the behavioral and biological sciences 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Consumer-led food product development 2007, CRCnetBASEpt. 1. Understanding consumer food choice and acceptance: 1. Integrating consumer responses to food products / H.L. Meiselman -- 2. Sensory perception as a basis of food acceptance and consumption / H. Tuorila -- 3. How does culture affect choice of foods? / P. Rozin -- 4. Psychobiological mechanisms in food choice / M.R. Yeomans -- 5. How do risk beliefs and ethics affect food choice? / A. Saba -- 6. Consumer attitudes to food innovation and technology / M. Siegris -- pt. 2. Determining consumers' food-related attitudes for food product development -- 7. Methods to understand consumer attitudes and motivations in food product development / D. Buck -- 8. Using means-end chains to understand food consumers' knowledge structures / A. Krystallis -- 9. Consumer attitude measures and food product development / K. Bruns and K. G. Grunert -- 10. Measuring consumer expectations to improve food product development / A.V. Cardello -- 11. Boredom and the reasons why some new food products fail / E.P. Koster and J. Mojet -- 12. SensoEmotional optimisation of food products and brands / D. Thomson -- pt. 3. Methods for consumer-led food product development -- 13. Sensory research and consumer-led food product development / H. Stone and J.L. Sidel -- 14. Opportunity identification in new product development and innovation in food product development / E. van Kleef and H.C.M. van Trijp -- 15. Consumer-driven concept development and innovation in food product development / H. Moskowitz -- 16. Consumer testing of food products using children / R. Popper and J.J. Kroll -- 17. The use of just-about-right (JAR) scales in food product development and reformulation / L. Rothman -- 18. Conducting difference testing and preference trials properly for food product development / M. O'Mahony -- 19. Thurstonian probabilistic approaches to new food product development / J.F. Delwiche -- 20. Using auctions to estimate prices and value of food products / Y. Loheac and S. Issanchou-- 21. The use of partial least squares methods in new food product development / M. Martens ... [et al.] -- 22. Case study of consumer-oriented food product development: reduced-calorie foods / J. Bogue and D. Sorenson -- 23. Preference mapping and food product development / H. MacFie.
- Context effects on embodied representation of language concepts 2013, ScienceDirectEmbodied theories claim that semantic representations are grounded in sensorimotor systems, but the contribution of sensorimotor brain areas in representing meaning is still controversial. One current debate is whether activity in sensorimotor areas during language comprehension is automatic. Numerous neuroimaging studies reveal activity in perception and action areas during semantic processing that is automatic and independent of context, but increasing findings show that involvement of sensorimotor areas and the connectivity between word-form areas and sensorimotor areas can be modulated by contextual information. Context Effects on Embodied Representation of Language Concepts focuses on these findings and discusses the influences from word, phrase, and sentential contexts that emphasize either dominant conceptual features or non-dominant conceptual features. Reviews the findings about contextual modularityClarifies the invariant and flexible features of embodied lexical-semantic processing.
- Cooperation in primates and humans 2006, SpringerCooperation in primates and humans :closing the gap /Carel P. Van Schaik,Peter M. Kappeler --Practicing Hamilton's rule :kin selection in primate groups /Joan B. Silk --Kinship, competence and cooperation in primates/Bernard Chapais --Reciprocal altruism :30 years later /Robert L. Trivers --Simple and complex reciprocity in primates /Frans B.M. de Waal,Sarah F. Brosnan --Reciprocal exchange in chimpanzees and other primates /John C. Mitani --Causes, consequences and mechanisms of reconciliation :the role of cooperation /Filippo Aureli,Colleen Schaffner --Cooperative hunting in chimpanzees :kinship or mutualism? /Christophe Boesch,Hedwige Boesch,Linda Vigilant --Toward a general model for male-male coalitions in primate groups /Carel P. Van Schaik,Sagar A. Pandit,Erin R. Vogel --Cooperative breeding in mammals /Tim Clutton-Brock --Non-offspring nursing in mammals :general implications from a case study on house mice /Barbara König --Monkeys, markets and minds :biological markets and primate sociality /Louise Barrett,S. Peter Henzi --Digging for the roots of trading /Ronald Noë --Reputation, personal identity and cooperation in a social dilemma /Manfred Milinski --Human cooperation from an economic perspective /Simon Gächter,Benedikt Hermann.
- Counterterrorism handbook. 3rd ed. 2005, CRCnetBASEForeword / Robert Kupperman, Stephanie Lanz -- Acknowledgments -- Introduction -- 1. What is terrorism, who are terrorists, what do they do? -- 2. Common elements of terrorism -- 3. Terrorism defense planning -- 4. Bomb defense planning -- 5. Hostage situations -- 6. Kidnapping -- 7. Threat of weapons of mass destruction -- 8. Domestic terrorism -- 9. Bomb incidents -- 10. Hostage incidents -- 11. Postblast environment -- 12. Hostage/Kidnapping aftermath -- 13. Interviewing victims -- 14. Role of the commander -- 15. The command post -- 16. A closer look at 9/11 -- Appendix A. Government-sponsored terrorism -- Appendix B. Foreign terrorist organizations (FTOs) -- Index.
- Criminal profiling 2006, SpringerPeface : The evolution of crime action profiling -- What is criminal profiling? -- Smoke and mirrors : the illusions of accuracy in criminal profiles -- Rhetoric vs reality : investigating the skills and accuracy of criminal profiling -- The components and processes of criminal profiling -- Defining serial violent crime -- Operational interpretation of the CAP models -- Criminal profiling of serial rape offenses -- Criminal profiling of sexual murder offenses -- Criminal profiling of serial arson offenses -- Offense location patterns : geographic profiles -- Procedural considerations and format guidelines -- Fighting fire with fire -- Understanding descriptive and inferential statistics : a beginner's guide -- Variable and coding tables.
- Cultural neuroscience 2009, ScienceDirect
- Current topics in behavioral neurosciences v. 1-, 2009-, Springer
- Designing teaching strategies 2002, ScienceDirect
- Diet, brain, behavior 2012, CRCnetBASEMental energy and fatigue : science and the consumer / Harris R. Lieberman -- Hydration and brain function / Kristen E. D'Anci -- Diet as an analgesic modality / Alexis M. Codrington, Yoram Shir, and John Pereira -- Breakfast and adult and children behaviors / Andrew P. Smith -- Diet, physical activity, and substrate oxidation : implications for appetite control, weight loss, and body composition / Mark Hopkins, Neil A. King, and John E. Blundell -- The reward deficiency hypothesis : implications for obesity and other eating disorders / Brenda M. Geiger, Erin N. Umberg, and Emmanuel N. Pothos -- Potential consequences of obesity on cognitive behavior / Nicole A. Jurdak and Robin B. Kanarek -- Dietary supplements for weight loss / Igho Onakpoya and Edzard Ernst -- Sweet taste preferences and cravings in gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM) : implications for diet and medical management / Beverly J. Tepper ... [et al.] -- Homocysteine, B vitamins, and cognitive function / Joshua W. Miller -- Creatine, brain functioning, and behavior / Patricia J. Allen, Kristen E. D'Anci, and Robin B. Kanarek -- Theanine, mood, and behavior / Jessica E. Smith and Peter J. Rogers -- Caffeine : practical implications / Andrew P. Smith -- Caffeine effects on aggression and risky decision making / Caroline R. Mahoney, Tad T. Brunyé, and Grace E. Giles.
- Domestic violence 2008, CRCnetBASEIntroduction -- Domestic violence and violent behavior in general -- Battered statistics harm all victims -- Dating abuse -- The California conundrum : keeping the promise -- Rape and sexual assault -- Mandatory domestic violence arrest policies -- The Colorado star chamber -- Ain't I a victim -- In memoriam -- Rethinking victimization -- Afterword.
- Emotion regulation 2008, SpringerIntroduction: Emotions, emotion regulation, and health / Johan Denollet, Ivan Nyklíček, Ad J.J.M. Vingerhoets -- Coping styles and aggression : a biobehavioral approach / Jaap M. Koolhaas, Sietse F. de Boer -- New avenues in alexithymia research : the creation of alexithymia types / Peter Paul Moormann ... [et al.] -- Current issues in repressive coping and health / Lynn B. Myers ... [et al.] -- Why crying improves our well-being : an attachment-theory perspective on the functions of adult crying / Michelle C.P. Hendriks .. [et al.] -- Emotional intelligence : relationships to stress, health, and well-being / Guus L. van Heck, Brenda L. den Oudsten -- Emotion expression in depression : emerging evidence for emotion context-insensitivity / Jonathan Rottenberg, Christine Vaughan -- Emotion regulation and the anxiety disorders : adopting a self-regulation perspective / Thomas L. Rodebaugh, Richard G. Heimberg -- The clinical assessment and treatment of trauma-related self and affect dysregulation / Annemiek van Dijke -- Emotional inhibition, health, gender, and eating disorders : the role of (over) sensitivity to others / Marrie H.J. Bekker, Sonja T.P. Spoor -- Emotional competence and health in children / Carolien Rieffe, Mark Meerum Terwogt, Francine C. Jellesma -- Crying in psychotherapy : its meaning, assessment, and management based on attachment theory / Judith K. Nelson -- Expressive writing in the clinical context / Joshua M. Smyth, Deborah Nazarian, Danielle Arigo -- Writing for all, for some, or for no one? Some thoughts on the applications and evaluations of the writing technique / Luigi Solano, Maria Bonadies, Michela Di Trani.
- Encyclopedia of behavioral medicine 2013, Springer"This encyclopedia advances the understanding of behavioral medicine principles and clinical applications among researchers and practitioners in medicine, psychology, public health, epidemiology, nursing, and social work. In addition, the encyclopedia provides useful synergies for sociologists, anthropologists, and undergraduates with some interest in the interface of human health and behavior. Areas covered include quality of life and lifespan issues; population, health policy, and advocacy issues; health promotion and disease prevention; behavioral care in all types of settings; biological, psychological, and person factors in health behavior change; professional development and practice-related issues; and much more. This encyclopedia is the first resource to which readers turn for factual, relevant, and comprehensive information to aid in delivering the highest quality services."--Publisher's website.
- Encyclopedia of behavioral neuroscience 2010, ScienceDirectSubject Classification: -- Addiction -- Animal Models of Behavior -- Behavioral Genetics -- Brain Aging -- Brain Structure and Function -- Cognitive Neuroscience -- Disease and Dysfunction -- Developmental Biology -- Emotion and Emotional Behavior -- Ethology and Neuroethology -- Evolution and Comparative Biology -- History -- Language and Communication -- Learning and Memory -- Molecular Neurobiology -- Motivation and Reward -- Motor Systems and Motor Control -- Neuroplasticity -- Psychoneuroendocrinology -- Reproductive , Parental and Sexual behavior -- Sensation and Perception -- Sleeping, Waking and Arousal -- Social Behavior/Cognition -- Stress.
- Encyclopedia of child behavior and development 2011, Springer[Publisher-supplied data] This major reference work will break new ground as an electronic resource for students, educators, researchers and professionals. Encyclopedic in breath Child Behavior and Development will serve as a reference repository of knowledge in the field as well as a frequently updated conduit of new knowledge long before such information trickles down from research to standard textbooks. Child Behavior and Development will consist of three volumes divided by the major conceptual areas of child development: Learning, Behavior, and Emotions. Taking advantage of the techniques offered by the electronic medium, Child Behavior and Development will offer an extensive cross referencing system facilitating search and retrieval of information.
- Evaluation of human work. 3rd ed. 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Exceptional life journeys. First edition [1st ed.] 2012, ScienceDirectMost students in training to become teachers, psychologists, physicians, and social workers as well as many practicing professionals in these disciplines do not get the opportunity to fully understand and appreciate the circumstances of children ,parents, and teachers who have had to cope and adapt to childhood disorder. Most professionals in the field of childhood disorders are well trained in assessment and treatment methods and are aware of the clinical, theoretical, and empirical foundations of the work they do. In their training, they get some experience in diagnosing the educational, psychological, social, and medical problems of children through their supervised clinical internships. In their training and in their professional practice they get to interview, discuss, consult and collaborate with children and their families regarding developmental issues and treatment plans, however, they rarely get an opportunity to fully realize and understand what it is like to have a disorder and what it is like to be a mother, or father, or teacher of children with disorders. This book provides an opportunity for students in training and professionals in the field to gain some awareness of the life journeys of some exceptional children, their families and their teachers. Focuses on those childhood disorders that are most common or what are sometimes referred to as high incidence disorders such as learning disabilities, autism, behavior disorder, depression, and anxiety Beyond, a clinical, empirical, and theoretical description of childhood disorders or a personal account relative to one particular disorder, this book provides rich narratives of experience from multiple perspectives with respect to numerous childhood disorders Provides readers with insight by sharing examples of personal contexts and situations, significant life issues, challenges and barriers, successes, and recommendations relative to particular circumstances.
- Exploring Frontiers of the Mind-Brain Relationship 2012, SpringerPart I. Philosophy and History -- 1. Materialism's Eternal Return: Recurrent Patterns of Materialistic Explanations of Mental Phenomena / Saulo de Freitas Araujo -- 2. The Major Objections from Reductive Materialism Against Belief in the Existence of Cartesian Mind-Body Dualism / Robert Almeder -- 3. Psychic Phenomena and the Mind-Body Problem: Historical Notes on a Neglected Conceptual Tradition / Carlos S. Alvarado -- Part II. Physics -- 4. No-Collapse Physics and Consciousness / Chris Clarke -- 5. The "Quantum Soul": A Scientific Hypothesis / Stuart Hameroff and Deepak Chopra -- Part III. Functional Neuroimaging -- 6. The Neurobiological Correlates of Meditationand Mindfulness / Jesse Edwards, Julio Peres, Daniel A. Monti, and Andrew B. Newberg -- 7. Functional Neuroimaging Studies of Emotional -- Self-Regulation and Spiritual Experiences / Mario Beauregard -- Part IV. Human Experiences as Promising lines of Investigation of Mind-Brain Relationship -- 8. Can Near Death Experiences Contribute to the Debate on Consciousness? / Peter Fenwick -- 9. Death, End of Life Experiences, and Their Theoretical and Clinical Implications for the Mind-Brain Relationship / Franklin Santana Santos and Peter Fenwick -- 10. Research on Mediumship and the Mind-Brain Relationship / Alexander Moreira-Almeida -- 11. Cases of the Reincarnation Type and the Mind-Brain Relationship / Erlendur Haraldsson -- 12. Conclusion / Alexander Moreira-Almeida and Franklin Santana Santos.
- From animals to animats 10 2008, Springer
- Guide to functional analytic psychotherapy 2009, Springer1. What is functional analytic psychotherapy? -- 2. Lines of evidence in support of FAP -- 3. Assessment and case conceptualization -- 4. Therapeutic technique: the five rules -- 5. Self and mindfulness -- 6. Intimacy -- 7. The course of therapy: beginning, middle and end phases of FAP -- 8. Supervision and therapist self-development -- 9. Values in therapy and green FAP -- Appendices -- Index.
- This book is a direct response to a severe treatment gap in recognising, treating and managing attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults. Affecting 34% of the global population, ADHD has long been considered a pediatric psychiatric condition and continues to be overlooked in adults, who often go on to endure a lifetime of clinically significant impairments that affect work performance, social behavior, and personal relationships. However, in the wake of the recognition of ADHD in adults in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders IV (considered the absolute gold standard in psychiatry) and a greater number of pharmaceutical treatments being indicated for adults, this book will increase awareness of the condition and advocate expanding ADHD treatment across all age ranges. The book is especially relevant to psychiatrists, GPs, and specialist psychiatric nurses , while also a useful resource for patient societies and advocacy groups.
- Handbook of basal ganglia structure and function 2010, ScienceDirectPart A: The Basal Ganglia System and its Evolution -- Chapter 1. The Neuroanatomical Organization of the Basal Ganglia / Charles R. Gerfen, J. Paul Bolam -- Chapter 2. The Conservative Evolution of the Vertebrate Basal Ganglia / Anton Reiner -- Chapter 3. Cell Types in the Different Nuclei of the Basal Ganglia / Dorothy E. Oorschot -- Chapter 4. Neurotransmitter Receptors in the Basal Ganglia / Piers C. Emson, Henry J. Waldvogel, Richard L.M. Faull -- Part B: Anatomy and Physiology of the Striatum -- Chapter 5. The Striatal Skeleton: Medium Spiny Projection Neurons and their Lateral Connections / Dietmar Plenz, Jeffery R. Wickens -- Chapter 6. D1 and D2 Dopamine Receptor Modulation of Glutamatergic Signaling in Striatal Medium Spiny Neurons / D. James Surmeier, Michelle Day, Tracy Gertler, Savio Chan, Weixing Shen -- Chapter 7. The Cholinergic Interneurons of the Striatum: Intrinsic Properties Underlie Multiple Discharge Patterns / Joshua A. Goldberg, Charles J. Wilson -- Chapter 8. GABAergic Interneurons of the Striatum / James M. Tepper -- Chapter 9. Endocannabinoid Signaling in the Striatum / David M. Lovinger, Margaret I. Davis, Rui M. Costa -- Chapter 10. Nitric Oxide Signaling in the Striatum / Anthony R. West -- Chapter 11. Role of Adenosine in the Basal Ganglia / Micaela Morelli, Nicola Simola, Patrizia Popoli, Anna R. Carta -- Chapter 12. Regulation of Corticostriatal Synaptic Plasticity in Physiological and Pathological Conditions / Massimiliano Di Filippo, Paolo Calabresi -- Part C: Anatomy and Physiology of Globus Pallidus, Subthalamic Nucleus and Substantia Nigra -- Chapter 13. Organization of the Globus Pallidus / Hitoshi Kita -- Chapter 14. Projections from Pallidum to Striatum / Pieter Voorn -- Chapter 15. The Subthalamic Nucleus: From In Vitro to In Vivo Mechanisms / Stephane Charpier, Corinne Beurrier, Jeanne T. Paz -- Chapter 16. Neurophysiology of Substantia Nigra Dopamine Neurons: Modulation by GABA / James M. Tepper -- Chapter 17. Regulation of Extracellular Dopamine: Release and Reuptake / David Sulzer, Hui Zhang, Marianne Benoit-Marand, Francois Gonon -- Part D: Network Integration -- Chapter 18. Organization of Corticostriatal Projection Neuron Types / Anton Reiner --Chapter 19. Gating of Cortical Input to the Striatum / Jeffery R. Wickens, Gordon W. Arbuthnott -- Chapter 20. Organization of Prefrontal-Striatal Connections / Henk J. Groenewegen, Harry B.M. Uylings -- Chapter 21. Gating of Limbic Input to the Ventral Striatum / Patricio O'Donnell -- Chapter 22. Anatomical and Functional Organization of the Thalamostriatal Systems / Yoland Smith, Adriana Galvan, Dinesh Raju, Thomas Wichmann -- Chapter 23. Subcortical Connections of the Basal Ganglia / Philip Winn, David I.G. Wilson, Peter Redgrave -- Chapter 24. Integrative Networks Across Basal Ganglia Circuits / Suzanne N. Haber -- Chapter 25. Synchronous Activity in Basal Ganglia Circuits / Judith R. Walters, Debra A. Bergstrom -- Part E: Molecular Signaling in the Basal Ganglia -- Chapter 26. Second-Messenger Cascades / Stephanie E. Bronson, Christine Konradi -- Chapter 27. Neurotransmitter Regulation of Basal Ganglia Gene Expression / Kristen A. Keefe, Kristen A. Horner -- Chapter 28. D1 Dopamine Receptor Supersensitivity in the Dopamine-Depleted Striatum: Aberrant ERK1/2 Signaling / Charles R. Gerfen -- Chapter 29. Psychostimulant-Induced Gene Regulation in Corticostriatal Circuits / Heinz Steiner -- Chapter 30. Chromatin Remodeling: Role in Neuropathologies of the Basal Ganglia / Jocelyne Caboche, Emmanuel Roze, Karen Brami-Cherrier, Sandrine Betuing -- Part F: Basal Ganglia Function and Dysfunction -- Chapter 31. Phasic Dopamine Signaling and Basal Ganglia Function / Peter Redgrave, Veronique Coizet, John Reynolds -- Chapter 32. Role of Basal Ganglia in Habit Learning and Memory: Rats, Monkeys, and Humans / Mark G. Packard -- Chapter 33. Drug Addiction: the Neural and Psychological Basis of a Compulsive Incentive Habit / David Belin, Barry J. Everitt -- Chapter 34. Parkinson's Disease: Cross-Talk Between Environmental Factors and Gene Defects / Gloria E. Meredith, Susan Totterdell -- Chapter 35. Alterations in Corticostriatal Synaptic Function in Huntington's and Parkinson's Diseases / Carlos Cepeda, Nigel S. Bamford, Véronique M. André, Michael S. Levine -- Chapter 36. Molecular Mechanisms of l-DOPA-Induced Dyskinesia / M. Angela Cenci -- Chapter 37. Compensatory Mechanisms in Experimental and Human Parkinsonism: Potential for New Therapies / Erwan Bezard, Grégory Porras, Javier Blesa, José A. Obeso -- Chapter 38. Pathological Synchrony of Basal Ganglia-Cortical Networks in the Systemic MPTP Primate Model of Parkinson's Disease / Hagai Bergman, Adam Zaidel, Boris Rosin, Maya Slovik, Michal Rivlin-Etzion, Shay Moshel, Zvi Israel -- Chapter 39. Deep-Brain Stimulation for Neurologic and Psychiatric Disorders / Thomas Wichmann, Mahlon R. DeLong.
- Handbook of behavior, food and nutrition 2011, Springer
- Handbook of behavioral medicine 2010, SpringerPt. 1. Health behaviors : processes and measures -- pt. 2. Psychological processes and measures -- pt. 3. Social and interpersonal processes -- pt. 4. Epidemiological and population perspectives -- pt. 5. Genetic process in behavioral medicine -- pt. 6. Development and the life course -- pt. 7. Biological measures and biomarkers -- pt. 8. Brain function and neuroimaging -- pt. 9. Statistical methods -- pt. 10. Behavioral and psychosocial interventions.
- Handbook of clinical child neuropsychology. 3rd ed. 2009, SpringerFoundations and current issues -- Development of neuropsychology as a professional psychological specialty: history, training, and credentialing -- Development of the child's brain and behavior -- Development of cerebral lateralization in children -- Development of higher brain functions: birth through adolescence -- Neuropsychology of child psychopathology -- Neurodevelopmental malformations: etiology and clinical manifestations -- Pediatric brain injury: mechanisms and amelioration -- Neuropsychological basis of learning disabilities -- Measurement and statistical problems in neuropsychological assessment of children -- Models of inference in evaluating brain-behavior relationships in children -- Neuropsychological diagnosis -- Halstead-Reitan Neuropsychological Test Batteries for Children -- Nebraska Neuropsychological Children's Battery -- Applications of the Kaufman Assessment Battery for Children, 2nd edition in neuropsychological assessment -- Utilizing a neuropsychological paradigm for understanding common educational and psychological tests -- Assessment of behavior and personality in the neuropsychological diagnosis of children -- Psychophysiological evaluation of neuropsychological disorders in children -- Assessment of the Hispanic child -- Techniques of intervention -- Neurocognitive interventions for childhood and adolescent disorders: a transactional model -- Brain injury rehabilitation of children and youth: neurodevelopmental perspectives -- Neuropsychology of pediatric epilepsy and antiepileptic drugs -- Neuropsychological effects of stimulant medication on children's learning and behavior -- Nonstimulant psychotropic medication: desired and adverse cognitive events -- Special topics in clinical child neuropsychology -- Child clinical neuropsychology of drug abuse -- Neuropsychological aspects of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder -- Neurobehavioral and neurodevelopmental sequelae associated with pediatric HIV infection -- Neuropsychological sequelae of chronic medical disorders in children and youth -- Coping and adjustment of children with neurological disorder -- Child forensic neuropsychology: a scientific approach -- Neuropsychology and coma management -- Neuropsychological aspects of pervasive developmental and autism spectrum disorders -- Using the Planning, Attention, Simultaneous, Successive (PASS) theory within a neuropsychological context.
- Current theories and treatment of depression -- Cognitive theory of depression -- Hypnosis and hypnotherapy -- Circular feedback model of depression -- Clinical implications and empirical evidence -- Cognitive hypnotherapy case formulation -- First aid for depression -- Cognitive behavior therapy -- Hypnotherapy -- Cognitive hypnotherapy -- Developing antidepressive pathways -- Breaking ruminative pattern -- Behavioral activation therapy -- Improving social skills -- Mindfulness and acceptance -- Relapse prevention -- Future directions.
- Handbook of cultural health psychology 2001, ScienceDirectHealth psychology and culture: embracing the 21st century / S.S. Kazarian, D.R. Evans -- Health care practice in a multicultural context: western and non-western assumptions / M.S. Mulatu and J.W. Berry -- Cross-cultural differences in illness models and expectations for the health care provider-client/patient interaction / T.L. Armstrong and L.C. Swartzman -- Health promotion, disease prevention, and quality of life / D.R. Evans and S.S. Kazarian -- Adherence to health care / H.M. Shearer and D.R. Evans -- From the heartland: culture, psychological factors, and coronary heart disease / B. Baker, A. Richter, and S.S. Anand -- Cultural aspects of cancer prevention and control / C.C. Gotay, M. Muraoka, and J. Holup -- Culturally tailoring HIV/AIDS prevention programs: why, when, and how / A. Raj, H. Amaro, and E. Reed -- Pain from the perspectives of health psychology and culture / C.T. Korol and K.D. Craig -- Cultural issues in suicidal behavior / S.S. Kazarian and E. Persad -- Culture and Latino issues in health psychology / H. Betancourt and J.L. Fuentes -- Health Issues in North American people of African heritage / S.S. Kazarian -- Health psychology and the Native North American client / G.S. Renfrey and R.R. Dionne -- Health beliefs and experiences in Asian cultures / X. Chen and L.C. Swartzman -- Health psychology: South Asian perspectives / P. Chandarana and J.R. Pellizzari -- Women's health: a cultural perspective / E.A. Wise ... [et al.].
- Handbook of gender research in psychology 2010, SpringerFulltext v. 2 SpringerVolume 1. Gender research in general and experimental psychology. Introduction / Donald R. McCreary, Joan C. Chrisler -- Emergence and development of the psychology of women / Alexandra Rutherford, Leeat Granek -- Emergence and development of the psychology of men and masculinity / Sam V. Cochran -- Emergence and development of the psychological study of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender issues / Kristin A. Hancock, Karen Greenspan -- Quantitative approaches to the study of gender / Sarah K. Murnen, Linda Smolak -- Qualitative inquiry in gender studies / Mary M. Gergen -- Measuring gender : options and issues / Andrew P. Smiler, Marina Epstein -- Cross-cultural research methods and the study of gender / Gordon B. Forbes -- Gender diverse recruitment to research projects / Deborah J. Bowen, Chanita Hughes Halbert, Alecia Robinson, Uli Boehmer -- Interpreting and communicating the results of gender-related research / Peter Hegarty, Felicia Pratto -- The physiology of sex differences -- Deborah Saucier, Crystal Ehresman -- Sex and gender in sensation and perception / Joseph A. Schroeder -- On tending to our scientific knitting : thinking about gender in the context of evolution / Nora S. Newcombe -- Gender in the classroom / Susan A. Basow -- Gender and academic abilities and preferences / Heather A. Priess, Janet Shibley Hyde -- Gender, spatial abilities, and wayfinding / Carol A. Lawton -- Gender and creativity / Mark A. Runco, Bonnie Cramond, Alexander R. Pagnani -- Words matter : the language of gender / Christine A. Smith, Ingrid Johnston-Robledo, Maureen C. McHugh, Joan C. Chrisler -- She said, he said : gender, language, and power / Maureen C. McHugh, Jennifer Hambaugh -- Gender, power, and nonverbal behavior / Marianne Schmid Mast, Sabine Sczesny -- Gender, emotion, and socialization / Leslie R. Brody, Judith A. Hall -- Sex and gender differences in eating behavior / C. Peter Herman, Janet Polivy -- Gender differences in sexuality / Jennifer Petersen, Janet Shibley Hyde -- Gender identity and stereotyping in early and middle childhood / May Ling Halim, Diane Ruble -- Gender in adolescence : applying a person-in-context approach to gender identity and roles / Katherine H. Clemans, Laura M. DeRose, Julia A. Graber, Jeanne Brooks-Gunn -- Gender, adult development, and aging / Abigail J. Stewart, Nicky J. Newton.Volume 2. Gender research in social and applied psychology. Introduction / Donald R. McCreary, Joan C. Chrisler -- Gender and personality / Jayne E. Stake, Heather Eisele -- Gender and motivation for achievement, affiliation-intimacy, and power / Lauren E. Duncan, Bill E. Peterson -- Gender issues in psychological testing of personality and abilities / Nancy Lynn Baker, Janelle L. Mason -- Gender stereotypes in diagnostic criteria / Alisha Ali, Paula J. Caplan, Rachel Fagnant -- Gender identity disorder : concerns and controversies / Kate Richmond, Kate Carroll, Kristoffer Denboske -- Gender, sexual orientation, and vulnerability to depression / Mark L. Hatzenbuehler, Lori M. Hilt, Susan Nolen-Hoeksema -- Gender and body image / Rachel M. Calogero, J. Kevin Thompson -- Feminist psychotherapies : theory, research, and practice / Cynthia M. Bruns, Ellyn Kaschak -- Psychotherapy with men / Matt Englar-Carlson, Mark A. Stevens, Robert Scholz -- Gender issues in family therapy and couples counseling / Louise B. Silverstein, Gary R. Brooks -- Gender, peer relations, and intimate romantic relationships / Tara C. Marshall -- Gender, aggression, and prosocial behavior / Irene Hanson Frieze, Man Yu Li -- Gender and group behavior / Linda L. Carli -- Sexual and gender prejudice / Ritch C. Savin-Williams, Seth T. Pardo, Zhana Vrangalova, Ryan S. Mitchell, Kenneth M. Cohen -- Gender and occupational choice / Helen M.G. Watt -- Gender and the division of labor / Scott Coltrane, Kristy Y. Shih -- The gendered nature of workplace mistreatment / Vicki J. Magley, Jessica A. Gallus, Jennifer A. Bunk -- Gender and leadership : negotiating the labyrinth / Ronit Kark, Alice H. Eagly -- Gender, health, and health behaviors / Christina Lee -- Gender, stress, and coping / Amy Zwicker, Anita DeLongis -- Gender and health-care utilization / Cheryl Brown Travis, Andrea L. Meltzer, Dawn M. Howerton -- Gender issues in the diagnosis and treatment of chronic illness / Vivian S. Hwang, Sharon Danoff-Burg -- Gender in sport and exercise psychology / Diane L. Gill, Cindra S. Kamphoff -- Ethical and methodological considerations for gender researchers in forensic psychology / Kenneth V. Heard -- The treatment of gender in community psychology research / Sharon M. Wasco, Meg A. Bond -- Gender and media : content, uses, and impact / Dara N. Greenwood, Julia R. Lippman -- Gender and military psychology / Angela R. Febbraro, Ritu M. Gill.
- Handbook of human systems integration 2003, Wileych. 1. Introduction: Human Systems Integration / Harold R. Booher -- Part I. Organization, management, culture -- ch. 2. Leadership That Achieves Human Systems Integration / Charles S. Harris, et al. -- ch. 3. Human Systems Integration Roles in a Systems Acquisition Culture / Glen Hewitt and Dino Piccione -- ch. 4. Human Systems Integration and Systems Acquisition Interfaces / Edwin R. Smootz -- ch. 5. Human Systems Integration Education and Training / Brian M. Kleiner and Harold R. Booher -- Part II. Systems acquisition and management processes -- ch. 6. Human Integration Requirements in Systems Acquisition: United Kingdom Approach / John A. Harrison and Melanie Forster -- ch. 7. Human Systems Integration and Acquisition: Contractor's Perspective / Bruce E. Hamilton -- ch. 8. Human-System Measurements and Tradeoffs in System Design / Michael Barnes and David Beevis -- ch. 9. Simulation Based Acquisition / Stephen R. Olson and Andrew P. Sage -- ch. 10. User Centered Systems Engineering Framework / Lee Scott Ehrhart and Andrew P. Sage -- Part III. Methods, tools, and technologies -- ch. 11. Manpower, Personnel and Training Integration Methods and tools / Susan Archer, et al. -- ch. 12. Integrating Training into the Design and Operation of Complex Systems / Lawrence J. Hettinger -- ch. 13. Human Factors Engineering Methods and Tools / John Lockett and Jeffrey Powers -- ch. 14. System Safety Principles and Methods / Donald W. Swallom, et al. -- ch. 15. Environmental Health Hazard Analysis and Assessment / Welford C. Roberts -- ch. 16. Personnel Survivability Methodology / Richard N. Zigler and Ronald A. Weiss -- ch. 17. Cost and Benefit Analysis for Human Systems Integration / William B. Rouse and Kenneth R. Boff -- Part IV. Applications -- ch. 18. Human Systems Integration in Army Systems Acquisition / Harold R. Booher and James Minninger -- ch. 19. Human Characteristics and Measures in System Design / Nita Lewis Miller, et al. -- ch. 20. Human-Centered Shipboard Systems and Operations / Glenn A. Osga -- ch. 21. Linking Human Performance Principles to the Design of Information Systems / Linda G. Pierce and Eduardo Salas -- ch. 22. Human Systems Integration and Training for New Systems / John Klesch and William Stembler -- ch. 23. Air Traffic Control and Human Factor Integration / Anne Mavor and Christopher Wickens -- ch. 24. Human Systems Integration & New Product Development / William B. Rouse.
- Handbook of mammalian vocalization 2010., ScienceDirectVocalization as an ethnotransmitter : an introduction to the Handbook of mammalian vocalization / Stefan M. Brudzynski -- Laryngeal muscles as highly specialized organs in airway protection, respiration and phonation / Joseph F.Y. Hoh -- Evolution of the communication brain in control of mammalian vocalization / John D. Newman -- Evolution of the infant separation call : rodent ultrasonic vocalization / Myron A. Hofer -- Understanding the evolutionary origin and diversification of bat echolocation calls / Alanna Maltby, Kate E. Jones and Gareth Jones -- A frequency scaling rule in mammalian vocalization / Neville H. Fletcher -- Elephant ultrasounds : long-range communication / Michael Garstang -- Rat ultrasonic vocalization : short-range communication / Stefan M. Brudzynski and Neville H. Fletcher -- Ultrasonic calls of wild and wild-type rodents / Gillian D. Sales -- Vocal repertoire in mouse pups : strain differences / Maria Luisa Scattoni and Igor Branchi -- Subcortical responses to species-specific vocalizations / Josef Syka -- Activation of limbic system structures by replay of ultrasonic vocalization in rats / Markus Wöhr and Rainer K.W. Schwarting -- Selective perception and recognition of vocal signals / Günter Ehret and Simone Kurt -- Cortical processing of vocal sounds in primates / Christopher I. Petkov, Christoph Kayser and Nikos K. Logothetis -- Vocalization as a social signal in defensive behavior / Yoav Litvin, D. Caroline Blanchard and Robert J. Blanchard -- Effect of altricial pup ultrasonic vocalization on maternal behavior / Markus Wöhr, Diego Oddi and Francesca R. D'Amato -- Vocalization as a specific trigger of emotional responses / Koji Kuraoka and Katsuki Nakamura -- Vocalizations as tools for influencing the affect and behavior of others / Drew Rendall and Michael J. Owren -- Brain mechanisms for processing perceived emotional vocalizations in humans / Sophie K. Scott, Disa Sauter and Carolyn McGettigan -- Emotional causes and consequences of social-affective vocalization / Jaak Panksepp -- Frequency modulated 50 kHz ultrasonic vocalizations reflect a positive emotional state in the rat : neural substrates and therapeutic implications / Jeffrey Burgdorf and Joseph R. Moskal -- Vocal expression of emotion in a nocturnal prosimian primate group, mouse lemurs / Elke Zimmermann -- Rat infant isolation vocalizations and their modulation by social cues as a model of expression of infantile emotionality / Jeff Muller, Susan Brunelli and Harry Shair -- Limbic, hypothalamic and periaqueductal gray circuitry and mechanisms controlling rage and vocalization in the cat / Allan Siegel, ... [et al.] -- The polyvagal hypothesis : common mechanisms mediating autonomic regulation, vocalizations and listening / Steven W. Porges and Gregory F. Lewis -- Medial cholinoceptive vocalization strip in the cat and rat brains : initiation of defensive vocalizations / Stefan M. Brudzynski -- Hypothalamic control of pain vocalization and affective dimensions of pain signaling / George S. Borszcz and Catherine A. Spuz -- Responses of limbic, midbrain and brainstem structures to electrically-induced vocalizations / Francisco Gonzalez-Lima -- Adult house mouse (Mus musculus) ultrasonic calls : hormonal and pheromonal regulation / John G. Nyby -- Role of the periaqueductal gray in expressing vocalization / Eva Gruber-Dujardin -- Localization of the central pattern generator for vocalization / Steffen R. Hage -- Neuronal networks involved in the generation of vocalization / Steffen R. Hage -- Central pattern generators for orofacial movements and speech / Steven M. Barlow, ... [et al.] -- Functions of larynx in breathing, vocalization and airway protective reflexes / Keisuke Shiba -- Vocal-respiratory interactions in the parabrachial nucleus / Michael Smotherman, Christine Schwartz and Walter Metzner -- Audio-vocal interactions in the mammalian brain / Hanjun Liu, Roozbeh Behroozmand and Charles R. Larson -- Vocal control in echolocating bats / Walter Metzner and Gerd Schuller -- Functions of the larynx and production of sounds / Gerald S. Berke and Jennifer L. Long -- Structure and oscillatory function of the vocal folds / Camille Finck and Lionel Lejeune -- Mechanisms and evolution of roaring-like vocalization in mammals / Roland Frey and Alban Gebler -- Generation of sound in marine mammals / Joy S. Reidenberg and Jeffrey T. Laitman -- Control of gestures and vocalizations in primates / Eva Maria Eberl -- The generation of functionally referential and motivational vocal signals in mammals / Marta B. Manser -- Auditory categories in the non-human primate / Yale E. Cohen, ... [et al.] -- Recognition of individuals within the social group : signature vocalizations / Ari Daniel Shapiro -- Evolution of mammalian vocal signals : development of semiotic content and semantics of human language / Klaus Zuberbühler.
- Handbook of positive behavior support 2009, SpringerForeword / Renée Bradley -- Introduction: Overview and history of positive behavior support / Glen Dunlap ... [et al.]. The intellectual roots of positive behavior support and their implications for its development / George H.S. Singer and Mian Wang -- Early childhood, family and community: Positive behavior support and early intervention / Glen Dunlap and Lise Fox. Toward an ecological unit of analysis in behavioral assessment and intervention with families of children with developmental disabilities / Joseph M. Lucyshyn ... [et al.]. Positive behavior support and early intervention for young children with autism : case studies on the efficacy of proactive treatment of problem behavior / Phillip S. Strain and Ilene Schwartz. Integrating a positive behavior support approach within Head Start / Andy J. Frey, Cheryl Anne Boyce, and Louisa Banks Tarullo. Empirically supported intervention practices for autism spectrum disorders in school and community settings : issues and practices / Lynn Kern Koegel, Suzanne Robinson, and Robert L. Koegel. A programwide model for supporting social emotional development and addressing challenging behavior in early childhood setting / Lise Fox and Mary Louise Hemmeter. Integrating PBS, mental health services, and family-driven care / Albert J. Duchnowski and Krista Kutash. Optimistic parenting : hope and help for parents with challenging children / V. Mark Durand ... [et al.]. Families facing extraordinary challenges in urban communities systems-level application of positive behavior support / Amy McCart ... [et al.]. Delivering behavior support in the foster care system / Kimberly Crosland ... [et al.] -- Schoolwide: Defining and describing schoolwide positive behavior support / George Sugai and Robert H. Horner. Sustainability of systems-level evidence-based practices in schools : current knowledge and future directions / Kent McIntosh, Robert H. Horner, and George Sugai. Increasing family participation through schoolwide positive behavior supports / Timothy J. Lewis. Primary-tier interventions and supports / Heather Peshak George, Don Kincaid, and Jenna Pollard-Sage. Secondary-tier interventions and supports / Leanne S. Hawken ... [et al.]. Function-based supports for individual students in school settings / Terrance M. Scott ... [et al.]. Implementation of schoolwide positive behavior support in urban settings / Robert Putnam ... [et al.]. Positive behavior support in alternative education, community-based mental health, and juvenile justice settings / C. Michael Nelson ... [et al.]. Behavior supports in nonclassroom settings / Lori Newcomer, Geoff Colvin, and Timothy J. Lewis. Facilitating academic achievement through schoolwide positive behavior support / Bob Algozzine and Kate Algozzine. Using a problem-solving model to enhance data-based decision making in schools / J. Stephen Newton ... [et al.]. Finding a direction for high school positive behavior support / Hank Bohanon ... [et al.]. Systems change and the complementary roles of in-service and preservice training in schoolwide positive behavior support / Rachel Freeman -- New directions: Sustaining positive behavior support in a context of comprehensive school reform / Wayne Sailor ... [et al.]. Completing the continuum of schoolwide positive behavior support : wraparound as a tertiary-level intervention / Lucille Eber ... [et al.]. Implementing function-based support within schoolwide positive behavior support / Cynthia M. Anderson and Terrence M. Scott. Response to intervention and positive behavior support / Wayne Sailor ... [et al.].
- Handbook of stressful transitions across the lifespan 2010, SpringerAn international and multidisciplinary core of clinicians, physicians, counsellors, educators, and researchers provide perspectives on the subject and scope of the stressful aspects of transitions in the life span. Transitions are discussed in depth, and the book balances theoretical knowledge with practical applications.
- Handbook of the behavioral neurobiology of serotonin. 1st ed. 2010, ScienceDirectSection 1: Functional anatomy of the serotonergic system -- Evolution of serotonin : sunlight to suicide / Efrain C. Azmitia -- Genetic organisation of the serotonergic system / Ursula M. D'Souza and Ian W. Craig -- The neuronatomy of the serotonergic system / Jean-Pierre Hornung -- Ultrastructure of the serotonin innervation in mammalian central nervous system / Laurent Descarries, Mustapha Riad and Martin Parent -- Classification and signaling characteristics of 5-HT receptors / Joel Bockaert, Sylvie Claeysen, Aline Dumuis and Philippe Marin -- Distribution of 5-HT receptors in the central nervous system / Guadalupe Mengod, Roser Cort s, M. Teresa Vilar and Daniel Hoyer -- Measuring serotonin activity in vivo in the brains of animals and humans / Charles A Marsden -- Section 2: The neurophysiology of serotonin -- Activity of brain serotonergic neurons in relation to physiology and behavior / Barry L. Jacobs and Casimir A. Fornal -- Electrophysiology of serotonin receptors / Gerard J. Marek -- Tryptophane hydroxylase and serotonin synthesis regulation / Hiroyuki Hasegawa and Kazuhiro Nakamura -- The degradation of serotonin : role of MAO / Marco Bortolato, Kevin Chen and Jean C Shih -- Cellular effects of serotonin in the CNS / Rodrigo Andrade and Sheryl G. Beck -- Serotonergic feedback control / Trevor Sharp -- Tryptophan depletion and serotonin release : a critical reappraisal / Matthijs G.P. Feenstra and Geoffrey van der Plasse -- Serotonin interaction with other transmitter systems / Albert Adell, Anal a Bortolozzi, Llorenc D iaz-Mataix, Noem Santana, Pau Celada, and Francesc Artigas -- Serotonergic regulation of rhythmical activity of the brain, concentrating on the hippocampus / Robert P. Vertes -- 5-HT neurons and central CO 2 chemoreception / Carolin I. Dohle and George B. Richerson --Section 3: Serotonin and behavioural control -- Serotonin and development / Patricia M. Whitaker-Azmitia -- Serotonin and basal sensory : motor control / Robert J. Carey -- Role of the serotonergic system in appetite and ingestion control / Michelle D. Lee and Peter G. Clifton -- Serotonin and sexual behavior / Lynda Uphouse and Jutatip Guptarak -- Serotonin in mood and emotion / Julie G. Hensler -- Serotonin and the neurobiology of anxious states / Christopher A. Lowry and Matthew W. Hale -- Role of Serotonin in Brain Reward and Regulation of Alcohol Drinking Behavior / W. J. McBride -- Role of central serotonin in impulsivity and compulsivity : Comparative studies in experimental animals and humans / TW Robbins & MJ Crockett -- Experimental studies on the role(s) of serotonin in learning and memory functions / Jean-Christophe Cassel -- Social behavior and serotonin / Elif Aysimi Duman and Turhan Canli -- Serotonin in pain and pain control / Claudia Sommer -- Section 4: Serotonin in disease conditions --The Impact of Stress on Serotonergic Neurotransmission / Astrid C.E. Linthorst and Johannes M.H.M. Reul -- Role for serotonin in depression / Gregory V. Carr and Irwin Lucki -- The role of serotonin in drug addiction / Christian P. M ller, Martin E. Pum, Gunter Schumann and Joseph P. Huston -- The serotonergic system in obsessive compulsive disorders / Addy van Dijk, Andre Klompmakers, and Damiaan Denys --The role of serotonin in attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) / Robert D. Oades -- Serotonin and schizophrenia / Boris B. Quednow, Mark A. Geyer, and Adam L. Halberstadt -- Serotonin and serotonin receptors in hallucinogen action / Adam L. Halberstadt and David E. Nichols -- The role of serotonin in cortical development : implications for Autism Spectrum Disorder [ASD] / Christine F. Hohmann and Mary E. Blue -- Serotonin in panic and anxiety disorders / Francisco Silveira Guimar es, H lio Zangrossi Jr., Cristina Marta Del Ben and Frederico Guilherme Graeff -- Serotonin and agression / Isabel M. Quadros, Aki Takahashi and Klaus A. Miczek -- Altered serotonin function in anorexia and bulimia nervosa / Vikas Duvvuri, Ursula F Bailer and Walter H Kaye -- Genetic, epigenetic, and environmental factors in serotonin associated disease conditions / Eva Friedel & Andreas Heinz -- The Behavioral Genetics of Serotonin : Relevance to Anxiety and Depression / Olivia F. O'Leary and John F. Cryan -- Functional pharmacogenetics of serotonin receptors in psychiatric drug action / Olga O. Yevtushenko, Gavin P. Reynolds.
- Haptics: perception, devices and scenarios 2008, Springer
- Health issues confronting minority men who have sex with men 2008, SpringerDefining men who have sex with men (MSM) / Sana Loue -- Portrait one. Rebirth: evolution of a gender / Travis A. Garry -- Portrait two. ⁵De donde? / Hank Ramirez -- Portrait three. Untitled / Christina Caruth -- Sexual abuse. Childhood sexual abuse and its sequelae among latino gay and bisexual men / Sonya Grant Arreola -- Portrait four. May and December: dangerous intimacies / L. Michael Gipson -- Mental illness and substance abuse. Body image disturbance and its related disorders / Leslie J. Heinberg and Chris Kraft -- Portrait five. Cutting / Anonymous -- Substance use among minority men who have sex with men / Sana Loue and Jaroslaw Richard Romaniuk -- Homelessness. Homelessness among substance using minority men who have sex with men / James M. Holbrook -- "My body and my spirit took care of me": homelessness, violence, and resilience among American Indian two-spirit men / Karina L. Walters ... [et al.] -- National trends in HIV transmission among minority men who have sex with men / Daniel J. O'Shea -- HIV/AIDS in Cleveland: a case study of one community / David Bruckman -- Why tell? Serostatus disclosure and HIV stigma among HIV seropositive Asians and Pacific Islander men who have sex with men in New York City / Ezer Kang and Bruce D. Rapkin -- Disclosure of HIV status and mental health among Latino men who have sex with men / Maria Cecilia Zea -- The Beyond Identities Community Center (BICC): a community-focused, rights-based program to address HIV/AIDS and sexual health among young men of color in Cleveland, Ohio / Tracy Jones and Earl Pike -- Portrait six. For Jayla / L. Michael Gipson -- Portrait seven. Rage of betrayal / Erik Bradford -- Portrait eight. Community commitment / Various.
- Hormones and social behaviour 2008, Springer
- Human behavior learning and transfer 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Illusion of certainty 2007, Springer
- Immunosenescence 2013, SpringerThis book presents the first multi-disciplinary approach to the understanding of immune aging, or immunosenescence; it combines biological data and clinical observations with psychological, social, and behavioral perspectives and is thus a valuable and timely contribution to the literature in this area. Contributors, all eminent scholars in their respective fields, review thoroughly the state of the art in research that examines how psychological and behavioral factors influence the rate and extent of immune system aging.
- In the pursuit of winning 2008, SpringerIntroduction / Masood Zangeneh, Alex Blaszczynski and Nigel E. Turner -- Explaining Why People Gamble / Michael Walker, Tony Schellink, and Fadi Anjoul -- Games, Gambling, and Gambling Problems / Nigel E. Turner -- Exploring the Mind of the Gambler / Ewa Czerny, Stephanie Koenig, and Nigel E. Turner -- Individual Factors in the Development and Maintenance of Problem Gambling / Masood Zangeneh, Alex Grunfeld, and Stephanie Koenig -- Gambling / Lisa Cavion, Carol Wong, and Masood Zangeneh -- A Critical Perspective on Gambling / Amnon Jacob Suissa -- The Marketing of Gambling / Masood Zangeneh, Mark Griffiths, and Jonathan Parke -- Religiosity and Gambling Rituals / Robert Grunfeld, Masood Zangeneh, and Lea Diakoloukas -- Buying a Risk / G. E. Minchin -- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Problem Gamblers / Malcolm Battersby, Jane Oakes, Barry Tolchard, Angus Forbes, and Rene Pols -- Psychopharmacological Management of Pathological Gambling / Jon E. Grant, Suck Won Kim, and Marc N. Potenza -- A Transpersonal Developmental Approach to Gambling Treatment / Gary Nixon and Jason Solowoniuk -- How Science Can "Think" About Gamblers Anonymous / Peter Ferentzy and Wayne Skinner -- Problem Gambling and Anger: Integrated Assessment and Treatment / Lorne M. Korman, Emily Cripps, and Tony Toneatto -- A Treatment Approach for Adolescents with Gambling Problems / Rina Gupta and Jeffrey Derevensky -- The Evolution of Problem Gambling Helplines / Gary Clifford.
- pt. 1. Overview -- pt. 2. Clinical practice issues -- pt. 3. Patient and client centric technologies section -- pt. 4. Organizational issues.
- Integrated behavioral health in primary care 2013, SpringerPart I: Essentials of Integrated Behavioral Health Care --Introduction and Overview of Integrated Behavioral Health in Primary Care --Integrated Behavioral Health and Primary Care: A Common Language --Integrated Behavioral Health and the Patient-Centered Medical Home --Advancing Integrated Behavioral Health and Primary Care: The Critical Importance of Behavioral Health in Health Care Policy --Part II: Review of Integrated Systems of Care Initiatives --The State of the Evidence for Integrated Behavioral Health in Primary Care --Community-Based Participatory Research: Advancing Integrated Behavioral Health Care Through Novel Partnerships --Integrated Behavioral Health in Public Health Care Contexts: Community Health and Mental Health Safety Net Systems --The Financial History and Near Future of Integrated Behavioral Health Care --Department of Defense Integrated Behavioral Health in the Patient-Centered Medical Home --Part III: Review of Collaborative Behavioral Health Clinical Services --Collaborative Partnerships Within Integrated Behavioral Health and Primary Care --Identifi cation of Behavioral Health Needs in Integrated Behavioral and Primary Care Settings --Screening Measures in Integrated Behavioral Health and Primary Care Settings --Implementing Clinical Interventions in Integrated Behavioral Health Settings: Best Practices and Essential Elements --Working with Complexity in Integrated Behavioral Health Settings --Part IV: Connecting Concepts, Research and Practice --Integrated Behavioral Health in Primary Care: Summarizing the Lay of the Land, Marking the Best Practices, Identifying Barriers, and Mapping New Territory.
- Internet gambling 2012, Springer
- Interpersonal violence in the African American community 2006, SpringerOffers insights gained through the contributors' individual experiences in family violence prevention and intervention within the African-American community as well as their backgrounds in writing, teaching, training, and researching in this area. This work is useful to professional and clinical settings - as well as a graduate-level study.
- Introduction to psychoneuroimmunology. 2nd ed. 2012, ScienceDirectHistorical antecedents -- Immune system basics -- Endocrine-immune modulation -- Neuroimmune modulation -- Stress, contextual change, and disease -- Psychosocial stress: neuroendocrine and immune effects -- Infection, allergy, and psychosocial stress -- Cancer, autoimmunity, and psychosocial stress -- Immune activity and psychopathology -- Immune function enhancement -- Integration and implications.
- Invertebrate learning and memory 2013, ScienceDirectBeyond the cellular alphabet of learning and memory in invertebrates / Randolf Menzel and Paul R. Benjamin -- Action selection / M. Heisenberg -- Cognitive components of insect behavior / Martin Giurfa and Randolf Menzel --Exploring brain connectivity in insect model systems of learning and memory / Jürgen Rybak -- 'Decision making' in larval Drosophila / Michael Schleyer, Sören Diegelmann, Birgit Michels, Timo Saumweber and Bertram Gerber -- Optophysiological approaches to learning and memory in Drosphila melanogaster / Thomas Riemensperger and André Fiala -- Computational analyses of learning networks / Douglas A. Baxter, Enrico Cataldo and John H. Byrne -- Issues in invertebrate learning raised by robot models / Barbara Webb -- Mechanosensory learning and memory in Caenorhabditis elegans / Andrea H. McEwan and Catharine H. Rankin -- Molecular and cellular circuits underlying Caenorhabditis elegans olfactory plasticity / Joy Alcedo and Yun Zhang -- Thermosensory learning in Caenorhabditis elegans / Hirouyuki Sasakura and Ikue Mori -- Age-dependent modulation of learning and memory in Caenorhabditis elegans / Shin Murakami -- Salt chemotaxis learning in Caenorhabditis elegans / Yuichi Iino -- A systems analysis of neural networks underlying gastropod learning and memory / Paul R. Benjamin -- Comparison of operant and classical conditioning of feeding behavior in Aplysia / Riccardo Mozzachiodi, Douglas A. Baxter and John H. Byrne -- Mechanisms of short-term and intermediate-term memory in Aplysia / Robert D. Hawkins, Igor Antonov and Iksung Jin -- Synaptic mechanisms of induction and maintenance of long-term sensitization memory in Aplysia / David L. Glanzman -- Roles of protein kinase C and protein kinase M in Aplysia learning / Margaret Hastings, Carole A. Farah adn Wayne S. Sossin -- Multisite cellular and synaptic mechanisms in Hermissenda Pavlovian conditioning / Terry Crow and Nan Ge Jin -- Molecular and cellular mechanisms of classical conditioning in the feeding system of Lymnaea / Gyorgy Kemenes -- Operant conditioning of respiration in Lymnaea / Ken Lukowiak and Sarah Dalesman -- Associative memory mechanisms in terrestrial slugs and snails / Alan Gelperin -- Observational and other types of learning in Octopus / Piero Amodio and Graziano Fiorito -- The neurophysiological basis of learning and memory in advanced vertebrates / Binyamin Hochner and Tal Shomrat -- Learning, memory, and brain plasticity in cuttlefish (Sepia officinalis) / Ludovic Dickel, Anne-Sophie Darmaillacq, Christelle Joset-Alves and Cécile Bellanger -- A multidisciplinary approach to learning and memory in the crab Neohelice (Chasmagnathus) granulata / Daniel Tomsic and Arturo Romano -- Drosphila memory research through four eras / Seth M. Tomchik and Ronald L. Davis -- Visual learning and decision making in Drosphila melanogaster / Aike Guo, Huimin Lu, Ke Zhang, Qingzhong Rena nd Yah-num Chiang Wong -- In search of the engram in the honeybee brain / Randolf Menzel -- Neural correlates of olfactory learning in the primary olfactory center of teh honeybee brain / Jean-Christophe Sanidoz -- Mermory phases and signaling cascades in honeybees / Uli Muller -- Pheremones acting as social signals modulate learning in honeybees / Elodie Urlacher, Jean-Marc Devaud and Alison R. Mercer -- Extinction learning and memory formation in the honeybee / Dorothea Eisenhardt -- Glutamate neurotransmission and appetitive olfactory conditioning in the honeybee / Gérard Leboulle -- Cellular mechanisms of neuronal plasticity in the honeybee brain / Bernd Grünlatt -- Behavioral and neural analyses of punishment learning in honeybees / Stevanus Rio Tedjakumala and Martin Giurfa -- Breain aging and performance plasticity in honeybees / Daniel Munch and Gro V. Amdam -- Learning and recognitionof identity in ants / Patrizia D'ettorre -- Bounded plasticity in the desert ant's navigational tool kit / Rüdiger Wehner and Wolfgagn Rössler -- Learning and decision making in a social context / Nigel R. Franks and Ana B. Sendova-Franks -- Olfactory and visual learning in cockroaches and crickets / Makoto Mitzunami, Yukihisa Matsumoto, Hidehiro Watanabe and Hiroshi Nishino -- Individual recognition and the evolution of learning and memory in Polistes paper wasps / Elizabeth A. Tibbetts and Michael J. Sheehan.
- Investigating religious terrorism and ritualistic crimes 2003, CRCnetBASE1. Contemporary religious violence -- 2. Millennial religions and terrorism -- 3. Domestic terrorist religions -- 4. International terrorist religions -- 5. Satanism -- 6. Vampirism -- 7. Syncretic religions -- 8. Ritualistic crime scenes -- 9. Intelligence strategies -- 10. Symbolic analysis : ritual homicide typology -- Glossary -- Index.
- The patient-doctor relationship -- Human development throughout the life cycle -- The brain and behavior -- Contributions of the psychosocial sciences -- Clinical neuropsychological testing -- Theories of personality and psychopathology -- Clinical examination of the psychiatric patient -- Signs and symptoms in psychiatry -- Classification in psychiatry and psychiatric rating scales -- Delirium, dementia, and amnestic and other cognitive disorders -- Neuropsychiatric aspects of HIV infection and AIDS -- Substance-related disorders -- Schizophrenia -- Other psychotic disorders -- Mood disorders -- Anxiety disorders -- Somatoform disorders -- Chronic fatigue syndrome -- Factitious disorders -- Dissociative disorders -- Human sexuality -- Gender identity disorders -- Eating disorders -- Normal sleep and sleep disorders -- Impulse-control disorders not elsewhere classified -- Adjustment disorders -- Personality disorders -- Psychosomatic medicine -- Complementary and alternative medicine in psychiatry -- Psychiatry and reproductive medicine -- Relational problems -- Problems related to abuse or neglect -- Additional conditions that may be a focus of clinical attention -- Emergency psychiatric medicine -- Psychotherapies -- Biological therapies -- Child psychiatry: assessment, examination, and psychological testing -- Mental retardation -- Learning disorders -- Motor skills disorder: developmental coordination disorder -- Communication disorders -- Pervasive developmental disorders -- Attention-deficit disorders -- Disruptive behavior disorders -- Feeding and eating disorders of infancy or early childhood -- Tic disorders -- Elimination disorders -- Other disorders of infancy, childhood, and adolescence -- Mood disorders and suicide in children and adolescents -- Anxiety disorders of infancy, childhood, and adolescence -- Early-onset schizophrenia -- Adolescent substance abuse -- Child psychiatry: additional conditions that may be a focus of clinical attention -- Psychiatric treatment of children and adolescents -- Child psychiatry: special areas of interest -- Geriatric psychiatry -- End of life care and palliative medicine -- Clinical-legal issues in psychiatry -- Ethics in psychiatry.
- Meaningful information 2011, Springer
- Memory 2005, NAPWhat is memory? -- Memories of the here and now -- The early development of memory -- Ordinary forgetting -- Amnesia -- False memory -- Emotional learning and memory -- Language -- Mechanisms of memory -- The future of memory.
- Mind and motion 2009, ScienceDirect
- Mindfulness-based treatment approaches 2006, ScienceDirect
- Mouse behavioral testing. 1st ed. 2011, ScienceDirectChapter 1. Introduction to the Research Process -- Chapter 2. Mice -- Chapter 3. Tests of Mouse Behavior -- Chapter 4. Designs -- Chapter 5. Sample Size -- Chapter 6. Ethics Approval -- Chapter 7. Logistics -- Chapter 8. Getting Ready for Testing -- Chapter 9. Prelude to Data Analysis -- Chapter 10. Domains and Test Batteries -- Chapter 11. Motivating Mice -- Chapter 12. Qualities of Behavioral Tests -- Chapter 13. Task Refinement and Standardization -- Chapter 14. Video Tracking -- Chapter 15. The Laboratory Environment.
- Neuroeconomics. Second edition. 2014, ScienceDirect
- Neuropsychology and behavioral neurology 2008, ScienceDirect
- Organizational crisis management 2006, CRCnetBASE
- People and things 2008, Springer
- Perspectives on human dignity 2007, SpringerIntroduction to a conversation /Jeff Malpas and Norelle Lickiss --Human dignity and human worth /Daniel P. Sulmasy --Human dignity and human being /Jeff Malpas --On human dignity: fragments of an exploration /Norelle Lickiss --Two conceptions of dignity : honour and self-determination /Andrew Brennan and Y.S. Lo --Human dignity and charity /Rosalind Hursthouse --Human dignity: functions and meanings /Doron Shultziner --A brief history of human dignity: idea and application /Milton Lewis --A Journey towards understanding: true and false dignity /Christina Mason --The question of human dignity: doubts and loves and a whisper from where the ruined house once stood /Veronica Brady --Human dignity: a borderline heretical response /Stuart Blackler --Giving the past its dignity /Greg Dening --Dignity and indignity /Nicholas Tarling --Human dignity and the law /Sir Guy Green --On the international legal aspects of human dignity /Don Chalmers and Ryuichi Ida --Doing justice to dignity in the criminal law /Julia Davis --Human dignity: the new phase in international law /Michael Tate --Dignity and health /Martin Tattersall --Human dignity : the perspective of a gynaecological oncologist /Neville F. Hacker --The social origins of dignity in medical care at the end of life /Nicholas Cristakis --Dying with dignity : the story reveals its meaning /Jack Coulehan.
- Practical aspects of rape investigation. 4th ed. 2009, CRCnetBASE
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases