Books by Subject
- Advanced bacterial genetics 2007, ScienceDirectStrain collections and genetic nomenclature / S.R. Maloy ... [et al.] -- Use of antibiotic-resistant transposons for mutagenesis / S.R. Maloy -- In vivo mutagenesis using EZ-Tn5 / J.R. Kirby -- Identification of essential genes in bacteria / D.R. Hillyard ... [et al.] -- Isolation of transposon insertions / S.R. Maloy -- Localized mutagenesis / S.R. Maloy -- Generation of deletions and duplications using transposons as portable regions of homology with emphasis on Mud and Tn10 transposons / K.T. Hughes -- Target-directed proteolysis in vivo / M. Eser ... [et al.] -- Sets of transposon-generated sequence-tagged mutants for structure-function analysis and engineering / B. Traxler ... [et al.] -- Using genomic microarrays to study insertional/transposon mutant libraries / D.N. Baldwin ... [et al.] -- Screening transposon mutant libraries using full-genome oligonucleotide microarrays / K. M. Winterberg ... [et al.] -- Creating recombination-activated genes and sequence-defined mutant libraries using transposons / L. Gallagher ... [et al.] -- Use of operon and gene fusions to study gene regulation in Salmonella / K.T. Hughes ... [et al.] -- Genomic screening for regulatory genes using the T-POP transposon / C. Lee ... [et al.] -- Recombineering: In vivo genetic engineering in E. coli, S. enterica, and beyond / J.A. Sawitzke ... [et al.] -- [lambda]-red genetic engineering in Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium / J.E. Karlinsey -- Probing nucleoid structure in bacteria using phage lambda integrase-mediated chromosome rearrangements / N. Garcia-Russell ... [et al.] -- Dissecting nucleic acid-protein interactions using challenge phage / S.R. Maloy ... [et al.] -- Mud-P22 / J.A. Crain ... [et al.] -- Phage metagenomics / V. Casas ... [et al.].
- Advances in Yersinia research 2012, Springer
- Alicyclobacillus 2007, Springer
- Ankylosing spondylitis and Klebsiella 2013, Springer
- antimicrobe.org DatabaseIncludes information on antimicrobial therapy and alternative therapy when the drug of choice cannot be given. The resource delivers information via review articles, capsule summaries, mini-reviews, and a guided PubMed search to pick up post-publication research.
- Aspergillosis-- from diagnosis to prevention 2010, Springer
- Bacterial adhesion 2011, SpringerAdhesins of Human Pathogens from the Genus Yersinia / Jack C. Leo and Mikael Skurnik -- Adhesive Mechanisms of Salmonella enterica / Carolin Wagner and Michael Hensel -- Adhesion Mechanisms of Borrelia burgdorferi / Styliani Antonara, Laura Ristow and Jenifer Coburn -- Adhesins of Bartonella spp. / Fiona O'Rourke, Thomas Schmidgen, Patrick O. Kaiser, Dirk Linke and Volkhard A.J. Kempf -- Adhesion Mechanisms of Plant-Pathogenic Xanthomonadaceae / Nadia Mhedbi-Hajri, Marie-Agnès Jacques and Ralf Koebnik -- Adhesion by Pathogenic Corynebacteria / Elizabeth A. Rogers, Asis Das and Hung Ton-That -- Adhesion Mechanisms of Staphylococci / Christine Heilmann -- Protein Folding in Bacterial Adhesion: Secretion and Folding of Classical Monomeric Autotransporters / Peter van Ulsen -- Structure and Biology of Trimeric Autotransporter Adhesins / Andrzej Łyskowski, Jack C. Leo and Adrian Goldman -- Crystallography and Electron Microscopy of Chaperone / Usher Pilus Systems / Sebastian Geibel and Gabriel Waksman -- Crystallography of Gram-Positive Bacterial Adhesins / Vengadesan Krishnan and Sthanam V. L. Narayana -- The Nonideal Coiled Coil of M Protein and Its Multifarious Functions in Pathogenesis / Partho Ghosh -- Bacterial Extracellular Polysaccharides / Kateryna Bazaka, Russell J. Crawford, Evgeny L. Nazarenko and Elena P. Ivanova -- Carbohydrate Mediated Bacterial Adhesion / Roland J. Pieters -- The Application of NMR Techniques to Bacterial Adhesins / Frank Shewmaker -- Electron Microscopy Techniques to Study Bacterial Adhesion / Iwan Grin, Heinz Schwarz and Dirk Linke -- EM Reconstruction of Adhesins: Future Prospects / Ferlenghi Ilaria and Fabiola Giusti -- Atomic Force Microscopy to Study Intermolecular Forces and Bonds Associated with Bacteria / Steven K. Lower -- Assessing Bacterial Adhesion on an Individual Adhesin and Single Pili Level Using Optical Tweezers / Ove Axner, Magnus Andersson, Oscar Björnham, Mickaël Castelain and Jeanna Klinth, et al. -- Short Time-Scale Bacterial Adhesion Dynamics / Jing Geng and Nelly Henry -- Deciphering Biofilm Structure and Reactivity by Multiscale Time-Resolved Fluorescence Analysis / Arnaud Bridier, Ekaterina Tischenko, Florence Dubois-Brissonnet, Jean-Marie Herry and Vincent Thomas, et al. -- Inhibition of Bacterial Adhesion on Medical Devices / Lígia R. Rodrigues.
- Bacterial adhesion to host tissues 2002, MyiLibrarySurface protein adhesins of staphylococci / Timothy J. Foster -- Mechanisms of utilization of host signalling molecules by respiratory mucosal pathogens / Mumtaz Virji -- Adhesive surface structures of oral streptococci / Roderick McNab, Pauline S. Handley and Howard F. Jenkinson -- Regulation and function of phase variation in Escherichia coli / Ian Blomfield and Marjan van der Woude -- Regulation of capsule expression / Clare Taylor and Ian S. Roberts -- Role of pili in Haemophilus influenzae adherence, colonization and disease / Janet R. Gilsdorf -- Transcriptional regulation of meningococcal gene expression upon adhesion to target cells / Muhamed-Kheir Taha -- Induction of protein secretion by Yersinia enterocolitica through contact with eukaryotic cells / Dorothy E. Pierson -- Functional modulation of pathogenic bacteria upon contact with host target cells / Andreas U. Kresse, Frank Ebel and Carlos A. Guzmán -- Adhesion, signal transduction and mucosal inflammation / Catharina Svanborg ... [et al.] -- Adhesion of oral spirochaetes to host cells and its cytopathogenic consequences / Richard P. Ellen -- Interactions between enteropathogenic Escherichia coli and epithelial cells / Elizabeth L. Hartland, Gad Frankel and Stuart Knutton -- Host cell responses to Porphyromonas gingivalis and Actinobacillus actinomycetemcomitans / Richard J. Lamont.
- Bacterial and bacteriophage genetics. 5th ed. 2006, Springer
- Bacterial biofilms 2008, Springer
- Bacterial circadian programs 2009, Springer
- Bacterial genomes and infectious diseases 2006, SpringerMicrobial genomes / Voon Loong Chan -- Evolution and origin of virulence isolates / Voon Loong Chan, Philip M. Sherman, and Billy Bourke -- Genomic approach to understanding of infectious disease mechanisms / Voon Loong Chan, Philip M. Sherman, and Billy Bourke -- Knockout and disease models in toll-like receptor-mediated immunity / Huey-Lan Huang and Wen-Chen Yeh -- Campylobacter from glycome to pathogenesis / John Kelly ... [et al.] -- Genomics of helicobacter species / Zhongming Ge and David B. Schauer -- The organization of leptospira at a genomic level / Dieter M. Bulach ... [et al.] -- Listeria monocytogenes / Keith Ireton -- Mycobacterial genomes / David C. Alexander and Jun Liu -- Mycoplasma / Yuko Sasaki -- Genome comparisons of diverse staphylococcus aureus strains / Martin J. McGavin -- Type III secretion, systems in yersinia pestis, and yersinia pseudotuberculosis / James B. Bliska, Michelle B. Ryndak, and Jens P. Grabenstein -- Genomics and the evolution of pathogenic vibrio cholerae / William S. Jermyn ... [et al.] -- Future directions of infectious disease research / Philip M. Sherman, Billy Bourke, and Voon Loong Chan -- Index.
- Bacterial pathogenesis 2008, Springer ProtocolsIsolation and characterization of lipopolysaccharides / Michael A. Apicella -- Proteomic analysis of proteins secreted by Streptococcus pyogenes / Michelle A. Chaussee, Emily J. McDowell, and Michael S. Chaussee -- Proteomic analysis to investigate regulatory networks in Staphylococcus aureus / Susanne Engelmann and Michael Hecker -- Microarray comparative genomic hybridization for the analysis of bacterial population genetics and evolution / Caitriona M. Guinane and J. Ross Fitzgerald -- Detection and inhibition of bacterial cell-cell communication / Scott A. Rice ... [et al.] -- A system for site-specific genetic manipulation of the relapsing fever spirochete Borrelia hermsii / James M. Battisti, Sandra J. Raffel, and Tom G. Schwan -- Transposon mutagenesis of the lyme disease agent Borrelia burgdorferi / Philip E. Stewart and Patricia A. Rosa -- The biofilm exopolysaccharide polysaccharide intercellular adhesin--a molecular and biochemical approach / Cuong Vuong and Michael Otto -- Analysis of Staphylococcus aureus gene expression during PMN phagocytosis / Jovanka M. Voyich, Dan E. Sturdevant, and Frank R. DeLeo -- Examining the vector-host-pathogen interface with quantitative molecular tools / Jason E. Comer, Ellen A. Lorange, and B. Joseph Hinnebusch -- Intracellular localization of Brucella abortus and Francisella tularensis in primary murine macrophages / Jean Celli -- Rate and extent of Helicobacter pylori phagocytosis / Lee-Ann H. Allen -- Culture, isolation, and labeling of Anaplasma phagocytophilum for subsequent infection of human neutrophils / Dori L. Borjesson -- Ultrastructural analysis of bacteria-host cell interactions / David W. Dorward -- Infection of human monocyte-derived macrophages with Coxiella burnetii / Jeffrey G. Shannon and Robert A. Heinzen -- Infection of epithelial cells with Salmonella enterica / Olivia Steele-Mortimer -- Determining the cellular targets of reactive oxygen species in Borrelia burgdorferi / Julie A. Boylan and Frank C. Gherardini -- Bioluminescent imaging of bacterial biofilm infections in vivo / Jagath L. Kadurugamuwa and Kevin P. Francis -- The cotton rat as a model for Staphylococcus aureus nasal colonization in humans : cotton rat S. aureus nasal colonization model / John F. Kokai-Kun -- A non-human primate model of acute group A Streptococcus pharyngitis / Paul Sumby, Anne H. Tart, and James M. Musser -- Target-based antimicrobial drug discovery / Lefa E. Alksne and Paul M. Dunman -- Sequence analysis of the variable number tandem repeat in Staphylococcus aureus protein A gene : spa typing / Barun Mathema, Jose Mediavilla, and Barry N. Kreiswirth.
- Bacterial pathogenesis. Part C, Identification, regulation, and function of virulence factors ScienceDirect
- Bacterial physiology 2008, Springer
- Bacterial resistance to antimicrobials 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Bacterial virulence factors and rho GTPases 2005, Springer
- Bergey's Manual of systematic bacteriology. 2nd ed. v. 2a-2c, 2005., Springerv. 2b 2005 Springerv. 2c 2005 Springerv. 1. The Archaea and the deeply branching and phototrophic bacteria -- v. 2. The Proteobacteria: part A. Introductory essays; part B. The Gammaproteobacteria; part C. The Alpha-, beta-, delta-, and epsilonproteobacteria -- v. 3. The Firmicutes -- v. 4. The Bacteroidetes, Spirochaetes, Tenericutes (Mollicutes), Acidobacteria, Fibrobacteres, Fusobacteria, Dictyoglomi, Gemmatimonadetes, Lentisphaerae, Verrucomicrobia, Chlamydiae, and Planctomycetes -- v. 5. The Actinobacteria.
- Biofilm infections 2011, Springer
- Candida albicans 2009, Springer ProtocolsIsolation of dendritic cells from human blood for in vitro interaction studies with fungal antigens / T. Sreevalsan -- Detection and quantitation of antifungal SIgA antibodies in body fluids / Michael F. Cole -- Phagocytosis and killing assays for Candida species / Chen Du and Richard A. Calderone -- Immunization protocols for use in animal models of candidiasis / Esther Segal and Hana Sandovsky-Losica -- Penetration of antifungal agents through Candida biofilms / L. Julia Douglas -- Candida biofilm analysis in the artificial throat using FISH / Bastiaan P. Krom ... [et al.] -- Conditions for optimal Candida biofilm development in microtiter plates / Bastiaan P. Krom ... [et al.] -- Animal models of candidiasis / Cornelius J. Clancy, Shaoji Cheng, and Minh H. Nguyen -- Candida albicans gene expression in an in vivo infection model / Michael D. Kruppa -- In vitro and ex vivo assays of virulence in Candida albicans / Richard A. Calderone -- Biotyping of Candida albicans and other fungi by yeast killer toxins sensitivity / Luciano Polonelli and Stephania Conti -- DNA fingerprinting Candida species / Claude Pujol and David R. Soll -- The application of tandem-affinity purification to Candida albicans / Chris Blackwell and Jeremy D. Brown -- Preparation of samples for proteomic analysis of the Candida albicans cell wall / Neeraj Chauhan -- Reporter gene assays in Candida albicans / Joy Sturtevant -- Genetic transformation of Candida albicans / Ana M. Ramon and William A. Fonzi -- Large-scale gene disruption using the UAU1 cassette / Clarissa J. Nobile and Aaaron P. Mitchell -- Standard growth media and common techniques for use with Candida albicans / Neeraj Chauhan and Michael D. Kruppa.
- Challenge of highly pathogenic microorganisms 2010, SpringerThe Anthrax Capsule: Role in Pathogenesis and Target for Vaccines and Therapeutics / Arthur M. Friedlander -- Proteomic Studies of Bacillus anthracis Reveal In Vitro CO2-Modulation and Expression During Infection of Extracellular Proteases / Theodor Chitlaru, Orit Gat, Galia Zaide, Haim Grosfeld and Izhak Inbar, et al. -- Dynamics of Bacillus anthracis Infection and Control Mechanisms / Pierre L. Goossens, Ian J. Glomski, Lhousseine Touqui and Michèle Mock -- Survival and Trafficking of Yersinia pestis in Non-acidified Phagosomes in Murine Macrophages / James B. Bliska -- The Inverse Relationship Between Cytotoxicity of Y. pestis and Its Virulence / Emanuelle Mamroud, Avital Tidhar, Yinon Levy, Erez Bar-Haim and Gideon Halperin, et al. -- The NlpD Lipoprotein of Yersinia pestis is Essential for Cell Separation and Virulence / Avital Tidhar, Yehuda Flashner, Sara Cohen, Yinon Levy and Ayelet Zauberman, et al. -- Dissection of the Functions of the IglC Protein of Francisella tularensis / Jeanette E. Bröms, Moa Lavander and Anders Sjöstedt -- Yersinia pestis Lipopolysaccharide in Host-Pathogen Interactions / Andrey P. Anisimov, Svetlana V. Dentovskaya, Anna N. Kondakova, Buko Lindner and Rima Z. Shaikhutdinova, et al. -- The Interactions Between Pathogens and Dendritic Cells: From Paralysis of Cells to Their Recruitment for Bacterial Colonization / Baruch Velan, Erez Bar-Haim, Gal Markel, Hila Cohen and Ayelet Zauberman, et al. -- Comparative Approaches to Identify Host Factors Specifically Targeted by Yersinia pestis During the Infectious Process / Françoise Guinet, Patrick Avé, Louis Jones, Michel Huerre and Elisabeth Carniel -- Poxvirus Entry into Host Cells / Bernard Moss, Zain Bengali, Himani Bisht, Jason P. Laliberte and P.S. Satheskumar -- Role of A33R Amino-Acid 118L in the Interactions of Vaccinia Virus with the Host / Nir Paran, Shlomo Lustig, Anat Zvi, Tomer Israely and Sharon Melamed, et al. -- Inhibitors of Innate Immunity from Vaccinia Virus / Geoffrey L. Smith -- Brucella Species Synchronize Their Life Cycle to the Gestation Cycle of Their Ruminant Hosts / Svetlana Bardenstein and Menachem Banai -- MMP-9 as a Marker for Vaccinia Virus Related Encephalitis / Tomer Israely, Sharon Melamed, Noam Erez, Boaz Politi and Udy Olshevsky, et al. -- Epidemic Cowpox Virus Infections in Germany / Andreas Kurth and Andreas Nitsche -- The Two Partner Secretion Transporters of Yersinia pestis: Cloning, Immunogenicity and In Vivo Expression Following Airway Infection / Yinon Levy, Anat Zvi, Haim Grosfeld, Avital Tidhar and David Gur, et al. --Genetic Detection of Vesicle Forming Pathogens by Arrayed Primer Extension (APEX) / Adi Beth-Din, Ofir Israeli, Ohad Shifman, Dana Stein and Einat Ben-Arie, et al. -- Subtyping Biothreat Bacterial Pathogens / Paul Keim and Talima Pearson -- A Rapid Method for Bacillus anthracis Genotyping / Haim Levy, Morly Fisher, Naomi Ariel, Shay Weiss and Anat Zvi, et al. -- Tularemia - A Disease with an Uncertain Impact on Public Health / Roland Grunow, Daniela Jacob, Andrea Kühn and Herbert Nattermann -- Consequences of Antibiotic Treatment of Francisella tularensis Airways Infections / Erez Bar-Haim, Hila Cohen, Raphael Ber, Ofer Cohen and Avigdor Shafferman -- Novel Live Vaccine Candidates Against Airborne Francisella tularensis / Wayne Conlan and Anders Sjöstedt -- Effect of Disruption of mglA on the Virulence and Immunogenicity of the Francisella tularensis Live Vaccine Strain (LVS) / Ofer Cohen, Galia Zaide, Erez Bar-Haim, Itai Mendelson and Orit Gat, et al. -- Data Mining, Bioinformatic and Immunoinformatic Analyses of Francisella tularensis Schu S4 Genome in Search for Novel Vaccine Candidates / Anat Zvi, Naomi Ariel and Avigdor Shafferman -- Modified Vaccinia Virus Ankara (MVA) based Vaccines - Immunostimulatory and Protective Capacity / Michael H. Lehmann, Melanie Kremer, Yasemin Suezer and Gerd Sutter -- Therapeutic Potential of Vaccinia Hyper Immune Sera in Mouse Models of Lethal Orthopoxviruses Infection / Sharon Melamed, Nir Paran, Tomer Israely, Noam Erez and Shaul Reuveny, et al. -- A Live Plaque Vaccine Candidate with Improved Safety and Immunogenecity / V.A. Feodorova, L.N. Pan'kina, E.P. Savostina, O.S. Kuznetsov and N.P. Konnov, et al. -- Protection Against Plague Afforded by Treatment with Polyclonal αLcrV and αF1 Antibodies / Yinon Levy, Yehuda Flashner, Ayelet Zauberman, Avital Tidhar and Moshe Aftalion, et al. -- Combination of Anthrax-Toxin Neutralizing Antibodies: Analysis of Synergism/Antagonism Effect / Ohad Mazor, Einat Ben-Arie, Adva Mechaly, Ronit Rosenfeld and Hadar Marcus, et al. -- The Efficacy of Antibiotic Treatment to Cure Guinea Pigs Intranasally Infected with Bacillus anthracis Spores / Zeev Altboum, Haim Levy, Shay Weiss, Avi Pass and Nili Rothschild, et al. -- Reverse Vaccinology in Bacillus anthracis / Avigdor Shafferman, Orit Gat, Naomi Ariel, Theodor Chitlaru and Haim Grosfeld, et al.
- Chlorophylls and bacteriochlorophylls 2006, Springer
- Corynebacterium glutamicum 2013, Springer
- Coxiella burnetii 2012, SpringerHistory and Prospects of Coxiella burnetii Research /Karim E. Hechemy --Phylogenetic Diversity, Virulence and Comparative Genomics /Erin J. van Schaik and James E. Samuel --Defense Mechanisms Against Oxidative Stress in Coxiella burnetii: Adaptation to a Unique Intracellular Niche /Katja Mertens and James E. Samuel --Lipopolysaccharide of Coxiella burnetii /Craig T. Narasaki and Rudolf Toman --Components of Protective Immunity /Guoquan Zhang, Yan Zhang and James E. Samuel --Proteome of Coxiella burnetii /Robert Ihnatko, Edward Shaw and Rudolf Toman --Coxiella Subversion of Intracellular Host Signaling /S. Kauser Hussain and Daniel E. Voth --The Coxiella burnetii Parasitophorous Vacuole /Eric Ghigo, María I. Colombo and Robert A. Heinzen --Coxiella burnetii Secretion Systems /Justin A. McDonough, Hayley J. Newton and Craig R. Roy --Role of Lipids in Coxiella burnetii Infection /Stacey D. Gilk --Axenic Growth of Coxiella burnetii /Anders Omsland --Developmental Biology of Coxiella burnetii /Michael F. Minnick and Rahul Raghavan --Genetic Manipulation of Coxiella burnetii /Paul A. Beare --Role of Innate and Adaptive Immunity in the Control of Q Fever /Christian Capo and Jean-Louis Mege --Immune Response and Coxiella burnetii Invasion /Amira Ben Amara, Yassina Bechah and Jean-Louis Mege --Antigenic Analysis for Vaccines and Diagnostics /Laura R. Hendrix and Chen Chen --Epidemic Q Fever in Humans in the Netherlands /Wim van der Hoek, Gabriëlla Morroy, Nicole H. M. Renders, Peter C. Wever and Mirjam H. A. Hermans, et al. --Coxiella-like Endosymbionts /Jianmin Zhong --Molecular Typing of Coxiella burnetii (Q Fever) /Robert F. Massung, Sally J. Cutler and Dimitrios Frangoulidis.
- Diagnostic bacteriology protocols. 2nd ed. 2006, Springer Protocols
- E. coli 2002, Springer Protocols
- E. coli gene expression protocols 2002, Springer Protocols
- E. coli plasmid vectors 2003, Springer Protocols
- EcoSal 2004, Am Soc MicrobiolAn archive of the entire corpus of knowledge on the enteric bacterial cell, comprised of several hundred modules of information and interpretation, including the genome database.
- Endotoxins 2010, SpringerEndotoxins: Lipopolysaccharides of Gram-negative bacteria / X. Wang and P.J. Quinn -- Purification and characterization of lipopolysaccharides / X. Wang ... [et al.] -- Endotoxins: Relationship between structure, function, and activity / K. Brandenburg, A.B. Schromm and T. Gutsmann -- The diversity of the core oligosaccharide in lipopolysaccharides / A. Silipo and A. Molinaro -- Salmonella-regulated lipopolysaccharide modifications / S.M. Richards, K.L. Strandberg and J.S. Gunn -- The variation of O antigens in Gram-negative bacteria / L. Wang, Q. Wang and P.R. Reeves -- Regulators of TLR4 signaling by endotoxins / A.F. McGettrick and L.A.J. O'Neill -- Membrane partitioning: Is location everything when it comes to endotoxin recognition? / M. Triantafilou and K. Triantafilou -- Endotoxin detection - from limulus amebocyte lysate to recombinant Factor C / J.L. Ding and B. Ho -- The role of endotoxin in infection: Helicobacter pylori and Campylobacter jejuni / A.P. Moran -- The role of pseudomonas lipopolysaccharide in cystic fibrosis airway infection / S.M. Moskowitz and R.K. Ernst -- Development of small-molecule endotoxin sequestering agents / S.A. David and D. Sil -- Development of an anti-endotoxin vaccine for sepsis / A.S. Cross -- Synthetic and natural TLR4 agonists as safe and effective vaccine adjuvants / C.B. Fox ... [et al.] -- Targeting endotoxin in the treatment of sepsis / J.-S. Rachoin, C.A. Schorr and R.P. Dellinger -- Lipopolysaccharides in rhizobium-legume symbioses / R.W. Carlson, L.S. Forsberg and E.L. Kannenberg -- Lipopolysaccharides and plant innate immunity / G. Erbs ... [et al.].
- Chapter 1. The evolving threat of antimicrobial resistance: Introduction -- Chapter 2. Surveillance to track antimicrobial use and resistance in bacteria -- Chapter 3. Measures to ensure better use of antibiotics -- Chapter 4. Reducing antimicrobial use in animal husbandry -- Chapter 5. Infection prevention and control in health-care facilities -- Chapter 6. Fostering innovation to combat antimicrobial resistance -- Chapter 7. The way forward: political commitment to enable options for action -- Appendix 1. List of 2001 WHO Global Strategy for Containment of Antimicrobial Resistance recommendations -- Appendix 2. List of 2011 WHO World Health Day six-point policy briefs.
- Fibrinolytic bacterial enzymes with thrombolytic activity 2012, Springer
- Foodborne microbial pathogens 2008, Springer
- Genomics, proteomics, and clinical bacteriology 2004, Springer Protocols
- Genus Yersinia 2007, Springer"The 9th International Symposium on Yersinia was held in Lexington, Kentucky, USA on October 10-14, 2006. Over 250 Yersinia researchers from 18 countries gathered to present and discuss their research. In addition to 37 oral presentations, there were 150 poster presentations. This Symposium volume is based on selected presentations from the meeting and contains both reviews and research articles. It is divided into six topic areas: 1) genomics; 2) structure and metabolism; 3) regulatory mechanisms; 4) pathogenesis and host interactions; 5) molecular epidemiology and detection; and 6) vaccine and antimicrobial therapy development. Consequently, this volume covers a wide range of current research areas in the Yersinia field."--Preface.
- Haemophilus influenzae protocols 2002, Springer Protocols
- Handbook of Listeria monocytogenes 2008, CRCnetBASEBiology / Martin Wagner and Jim McLauchlin -- Epidemiology / Dongyou liu -- Stress responses / Helena M. Stack, Colin Hill, and Cormac G.M. Gahan -- Pathogenesis / Michael Kuhn, Mariela M. Scortti, and Jose A. Vazquez-Boland -- Phenotypic identification / Lisa Gorski -- Genotypic identification / Dongyou Liu ... [et al.] -- Strain typing / Yi Chen and Stephen J. Knabel -- Virulence determination / Sylvie M. Roche, Philippe Velge and Dongyou Liu -- Genetic manipulations / Armelle Bigot and Alain Charbit -- Comparative genomics and evolution of virulence / Sukhadeo Barbuddhe, Torsten Hain, and Trinad Chakraborty -- Genomic divisions/lineages, epidemic clones, and population structure / Ying Cheng, Robin M. Siletzky, and Sophia Kathariou -- Analysis of cell envelope proteins / Mickael Desvaux and Michel Hebraud -- Innate immunity / Gernot Geginat and Silke Grauling-Halama -- Adaptive immunity / Masao Misuyama -- Anti-infective vaccine strategies / Toshi Nagata and Yukio Koide -- Anticancer vaccine strategies / Matthew M. Seavey, Thorsten Verch, and Yvonne Paterson.
- Harmful cyanobacteria 2005, Springer1. Harmful cyanobacteria : from mass mortalities to management measures / G.A. Codd ... [et al.] -- 2. Molecular biology of cyanobacterial toxins: genetic basis of microcystin production / T. Börner & E. Dittmann -- 3. Dynamics of cyanobacterial toxins: sources of variability in microcystin concentrations / W.E.A. Kardinaal & P.M. Visser -- 4. Nutrient limitation of freshwater cyanobacteria: tools to monitor phosphorus limitation at the individual level / M. Dignum ... [et al.] -- 5. Nutrient limitation of marine cyanobacteria: molecular ecology of nitrogen limitation in an oligotrophic sea / A.F. Post -- 6. The ecophysiology of the harmful cyanobacteriam microcystis: features explaining its success and measures for its control / P.M. Visser ... [et al.] -- 7. Population dynamics of harmful cyanobacteria: factors affecting species composition / J. Huisman & F.D. Hulot -- 8. Optical detection of cyanobacterial blooms: shipboard observation and remote sensing / H.J. Gons ... [et al.] -- 9. Water safety plans: a better approach to prevent human exposure to harmful cyanobacteria / I. Chorus.
- Hemophilus influenzae protocols 2002, Springer Protocols
- Host-pathogen interactions in streptococcal diseases 2013, SpringerStreptococci are Gram-positive bacteria that cause a wide spectrum of diseases, such as pharyngitis, necrotizing fasciitis and streptococcal toxic shock syndrome, as well as rheumatic fever and rheumatic heart disease as sequelae. Antibiotics alone have not been able to control the disease and in spite of many efforts an effective vaccine is not yet available. A prerequisite for novel and successful strategies for combating these bacteria is a complete understanding of the highly complex pathogenic mechanisms involved, which are analyzed in this volume. In ten chapters, prominent authors cover various aspects including streptococcal diseases and global burden, epidemiology, adaptation and transmission, and molecular mechanisms of different diseases, as well as sequelae, vaccine development and clinical management. This book will serve as a valuable reference work for scientists, students, clinicians and public health workers and provide new approaches to meeting the challenge of streptococcal diseases.
- Hot topics in infection and immunity in children. VI 2010, Springer
- Hot topics in infection and immunity in children. VII 2011, SpringerThe value of vaccination / David E. Bloom -- Recent trends in global immunisation / Gustav J.V. Nossal -- New advances in typhoid fever vaccination strategies / Zulfiqar A. Bhutta ... [et al.] -- Prevention of vertical transmission of HIV in resource-limited countries / Catherine M. Wilfert ... [et al.] -- Pneumonia in children in developing countries / Frank Shann -- Darwin, microbes and evolution by natural selection / E. Richard Moxon -- Human herpesvirus 6 / Charles G. Prober -- Advances in the diagnosis and management of central venous access device infections in children / Asha Bowen and Jonathan Carapetis -- Moraxella catarrhalis-pathogen or commensal? / Christoph Aebi -- Anaerobic infections in children / Itzhak Brook -- Encephalitis diagnosis and management in the real world / Sarah S. Long -- Toxic shock syndrome-evolution of an emerging disease / James K. Todd -- Dissection of B-cell development to unravel defects in patients with a primary antibody deficiency / Mirjam van der Burg ... [et al.] -- Mumps is back : why is mumps eradication not working? / Noni Macdonald ... [et al.] -- Neonatal herpes simplex virus infections: where are we now? / Clara Thompson and Richard Whitley -- Rational approach to pediatric antifungal therapy / William J. Steinbach -- Antiviral therapy of CMV disease in children / Mike Sharland ... [et al.] -- Infectious hazards from pets and domestic animals / Mona Al-Dabbagh and Simon Dobson -- Novel technology to study co-evolution of humans and Staphylococcus aureus: consequences for interpreting the biology of colonisation and infection / Alex van Belkum -- A practical approach to eosinophilia in a child arriving or returning from the tropics / Penelope Bryant and Nigel Curtis.
- Hot topics in infection and immunity in children. VIII 2011, SpringerOur Time of Pestilence: Purchasing Immunity and Ignoring the Misery of Others / Philip Alcabes -- Neonatal Meningitis: Can We Do Better? / Paul T. Heath, Ifeanyichukwu O. Okike and Clarissa Oeser -- Approaches Towards Avoiding Lifelong Antiretroviral Therapy in Paediatric HIV Infection / Philip J. R. Goulder and Andrew J. Prendergast -- How Short Is Long Enough for Treatment of Bone and Joint Infection? / Markus Pääkkönen and Heikki Peltola -- What's New in Diagnostic Testing and Treatment Approaches for Mycoplasma pneumoniae Infections in Children? / Ken B. Waites -- Pigs, Poultry, and Pandemic Influenza: How Zoonotic Pathogens Threaten Human Health / Thijs Kuiken, Ron Fouchier, Guus Rimmelzwaan, Judith van den Brand and Debby van Riel, et al. -- Kingella kingae Infections in Children: An Update / Inbal Weiss-Salz and Pablo Yagupsky -- Influenza Pandemics / Ruth Elderfield and Wendy Barclay -- Management of Shunt Related Infections / Mona Al-Dabbagh and Simon Dobson -- Nontuberculous Lymphadenopathy in Children: Using the Evidence to Plan Optimal Management / Julia E. Clark -- Pediatric Brucellosis: An (Almost) Forgotten Disease / Pablo Yagupsky -- Q Fever: Still More Queries than Answers / Corine E. Delsing, Adilia Warris and Chantal P. Bleeker-Rovers -- Rickettsioses in Children: A Clinical Approach / Emmanouil Galanakis and Maria Bitsori -- What is the Evidence Behind Recommendations for Infection Control? / Christina Gagliardo and Lisa Saiman -- What Do We Know About How to Treat Tuberculosis? / Ben J. Marais -- Bacterial Meningitis in Childhood / Manish Sadarangani and Andrew J. Pollard -- Mycobacterium marinum Infection / Marc Tebruegge and Nigel Curtis.
- Immunity against mucosal pathogens 2008, Springer
- Inclusions in prokaryotes 2006, Springer
- Lactic acid bacteria 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Metagenomics-- sequences from the environment 2006, NCBI BookshelfAcid mine drainage biofilm -- Waseca County farm soil -- Whale fall community -- Methane-oxidizing archaea -- Human fecal virus -- Sargasso Sea marine microbial metagenome -- Human distal gut microbiome -- Enhanced biological phosphorus removal (EBPR) sludge community -- Mouse gut microbiota metagenome.
- Microbial pathogenomics 2009., KargerGenome comparison of bacterial pathogens / Wassenaar, T.M. ... [et al.] -- In silico reconstruction of the metabolic and pathogenic potential of bacterial genomes using subsystems / McNeil, L.K., Aziz, R.K. -- The bacterial pan-genome and reverse vaccinology / Tettelin, H. -- 'Guilty by association' : protein-protein interactions (PPIS) in bacterial pathogens / Schauer, K., Stingl, K -- Helicobacter pylori sequences reflect past human migrations / Moodley, Y., Linz, B. -- Helicobacter pylori genome plasticity / Baltrus, D.A., Blaser, M.A., Guillemin, K. -- Genomics of Thermophilic campylobacter species / Gaskin, D.J.H. ... [et al.] -- Adaptation of pathogenic E. coli to various niches : genome flexibility is the key / Brzuszkiewicz, E. ... [et al.] -- Role of horizontal gene transfer in the evolution of Pseudomonas aeruginosa virulence / Qiu, X., Kulasekara, B.R., Lory, S. -- The genus Burkholderia : analysis of 56 genomic sequences / Ussery, D.W. ... [et al.] -- Genomics of host-restricted pathogens of the genus Bartonella / Engel, P., Dehio, C. -- Legionella pneumophila - host interactions : insights gained from comparative genomics and cell biology / Lomma, M. ... [et al.] -- A proteomics view of virulence factors of Staphylococcus aureus / Engelmann, S., Hecker, M. -- Pathogenomics of mycobacteria / Gutierrez, M.C., Supply, P., Brosch, R.
- Microbial sulfur metabolism 2008, SpringerGenetics and genomics of sulfate respiration in desulfovibrio / Judy D. Wall ... [et al.] -- Living on sulfate : three-dimensional structure and spectroscopy of adenosine 5'-phosphosulfate reductase and dissimilatory sulfite reductase / Günter Fritz ... [et al.] -- Respiratory membrane complexes of Desulfovibrio / Inês A. Cardoso Pereira -- Biochemical and evolutionary aspects of eukaryotes that inhabit sulfidic environments / Ursula Theissen, William Martin -- Evolution and ecology of microbes dissimilating sulfur compounds : insights from siroheme sulfite reductases / Alexander Loy, Stephan Duller, Michael Wagner -- Genomic and evolutionary perspectives on sulfur metabolism in green sulfur bacteria / Niels-Ulrik Frigaard, Donald A. Bryant -- Differential-expression proteomics for the study of sulfur metabolism in the chemolithoautotrophic Acidithiobacillus ferrooxidans / Lissette Valenzuela ... [et al.] -- Sulfur and light? History and "thiology" of the phototrophic sulfur bacteria / Hans G. Trüper -- Thiosulfate and sulfur oxidation in purple sulfur bacteria / Frauke Grimm, Bettina Franz, Christiane Dahl -- Sulfur oxidation in Chlorobium tepidum (syn. Chlorobaculum tepidum) : genetic and proteomic analyses / Leong-Keat Chan, Rachael Morgan-Kiss, Thomas E. Hanson -- Structural insights into component SoxY of the thiosulfate-oxidizing multienzyme system of Chlorobaculum thiosulfatiphilum / Jan Stout ... [et al.] --Redox control of chemotrophic sulfur oxidation of Paracoccus pantotrophus / Cornelius G. Friedrich ... [et al.] -- Bacterial sulfite-oxidizing enzymes : enzymes for chemolithotrophs only? / Ulrike Kappler -- Sulfonates and organotrophic sulfite metabolism / Alasdair M. Cook, Theo H.M. Smits, Karin Denger -- Oxidation of sulfur and inorganic sulfur compounds in Acidianus ambivalens / Arnulf Kletzin -- A novel coenzyme F420 dependent sulfite reductase and a small sulfite reductase in methanogenic archaea / Eric F. Johnson, Biswarup Mukhopadhyay -- Archaeal and bacterial sulfur oxygenase-reductases : genetic diversity and physiological function / Shuang-Jiang Liu -- Diversity of halophilic sulfur-oxidizing bacteria in hypersaline habitats / Dimitry Y. Sorokin -- Sulfur oxidation at deep-sea hydrothermal vents / Stefan M. Sievert ... [et al.] -- Speciation analysis of microbiologically produced sulfur by X-ray absorption near edge structure spectroscopy / Alexander Prange -- Controls on isotope fractionation during dissimilatory sulfate reduction / Joost Hoek, Donald E. Canfield -- Bioprocess engineering of sulfate reduction for environmental technology / Piet N.L. Lens ...[et al.] -- Impact of nitrate on the sulfur cycle in oil fields / Gerrit Voordouw.
- Molecular detection of human bacterial pathogens 2011, CRCnetBASE"As more original molecular protocols and subsequent modifications are described in the literature, it has become difficult for those not directly involved in the development of these protocols to know which are most appropriate to adopt for accurate identification of bacterial pathogens. Molecular Detection of Human Bacterial Pathogens addresses this issue, with international scientists in respective bacterial pathogen research and diagnosis providing expert summaries on current diagnostic approaches for major human bacterial pathogens. Each chapter consists of a brief review on the classification, epidemiology, clinical features, and diagnosis of an important pathogenic bacterial genus, an outline of clinical sample collection and preparation procedures, a selection of representative stepwise molecular protocols, and a discussion on further research requirements relating to improved diagnosis. This book represents a reliable and convenient reference on molecular detection and identification of major human bacterial pathogens; an indispensable tool for upcoming and experienced medical, veterinary, and industrial laboratory scientists engaged in bacterial characterization; and an essential textbook for undergraduate and graduate students in microbiology"--Provided by publisher.
- Practical atlas for bacterial identification. 2nd ed. 2010, CRCnetBASEChapter 1. Bacterial Communities by Location and Function -- Chapter 2. Common Bacteriologically Initiated Events -- Chapter 3. Bacteria Are Everywhere -- Chapter 4. Preliminary Differentiation of Alpha Bacterial Consorms -- Chapter 5. Environmental Dynamics of Bacterial Consorms -- Chapter 6. Bacterial Consormial Challenges -- Chapter 7. Detailed Identification of Bacterial Consorms -- Chapter 8. Biochemical Methods for Identification of Consorms -- Chapter 9. Identifying Bacterial Consorms Using BART -- Chapter 10. Introduction to Grid-Formatted Bacteriological Atlas -- Chapter 11. Defining Bacterial Consorms in Gridded Atlas Format -- Chapter 12. Natural Bacteriological Consorms.
- Pseudomonas syringae pathovars and related pathogens 2008, Springer
- Part I. Regulation and Control of Virulence -- 1. Small RNAs of Pseudomonas spp. / Elisabeth Sonnleitner, Nicolas González and Dieter Haas -- 2. 2-Alkyl-4(1H)-Quinolone Signalling in Pseudomonas aeruginosa / Matthew P. Fletcher, Stephan Heeb, Siri Ram Chhabra, Stephen P. Diggle, Paul Williams, and Miguel Cámara -- 3. Cell-Surface Signalling in Pseudomonas / María A. Llamas and Wilbert Bitter -- 4. Second Messenger c-di-GMP Signaling in Pseudomonas aeruginosa / Massimo Merighi and Steve Lory -- Part II. Life Styles -- 5. Emergence of Pseudomonas aeruginosa in Cystic Fibrosis Lung Infections / Joanna B. Goldberg -- 6. Insights into the Life Styles of Pseudomonas stutzeri / Elena García-Valdés, Magdalena Mulet, and Jorge Lalucat -- Part III. Physiology, Metabolism and Markers -- 7. Pyoverdine Siderophores as Taxonomic and Phylogenic Markers / Jean-Marie Meyer -- 8. Metabolism of Acyclic Terpenes by Pseudomonas / Jesús Campos-García -- 9. Heavy Metal Resistance in Pseudomonads / Esther Aguilar-Barajas, Martha I. Ramírez-Díaz, Héctor Riveros-Rosas, and Carlos Cervantes.
- Recent advances on model hosts 2012, SpringerAmoeba provide insight into the origin of virulence in pathogenic fungi / Arturo Casadevall -- Of model hosts and man: using Caenorhabditis elegans, Drosophila melanogaster and Galleria mellonella as model hosts for infectious disease research / Justin Glavis-Bloom, Maged Muhammed, and Eleftherios Mylonakis -- Caenorhabditis elegans as an alternative model to study senescence of host defense and the prevention by immunonutrition / Tomomi Komura ... [et al.] -- Bacterial effectors: learning on the fly / Laurent Boyer ... [et al.] -- Drosophilia asthma model: what the fly tells us about inflammatory diseases of the lung / Thomas Roeder ... [et al.] -- Elucidating the in vivo targets of Photorhabdus toxins in real-time using Drosophilia embryos / Isabella Vlisidou, Nicholas Waterfield, and Will Wood -- Ecological niche modeling as a tool for understanding distributions and interactions of vectors, hosts, and etiologic agents of Chagas disease / Jane Costa and A. Townsend Peterson -- Where simplicity meets complexity: Hydra, a model for host-microbe interactions / René Augustin ... [et al.] -- Tick as a model for the study of primitive complement system / Petr Kopacek, Ondrej Hajdusek, and Veronika Buresova -- Model hosts for the study of oral candidiasis / Juliana Campos Junqueira -- Creating a pro-survival and anti-inflammatory phenotype by modulation of acetylation in models of hemorrhagic and septic shock / Yongqing Li and Hasan B. Alam.
- Salmonella 2007, Springer ProtocolsQuantitative, multiplexed detection of salmonella and other pathogens by Luminex xMAP suspension array / Sherry A. Dunbar and James W. Jacobson -- Detection of salmonella by bacteriophage felix 01 / Jonathan C. Kuhn -- Physical mapping of salmonella genomes / Shu-Lin Liu -- Cloth-based hybridization array system for the identification of antibiotic resistance genes in salmonella / Burton W. Blais and Martine Gauthier -- Genome-based identification and molecular analysee of pathogenicity islands and genomic islands in Salmonella enterica / Michael Hensel -- Determination of the gene content of salmonella genomes by microarray analysis / Steffen Porwollik and Michael McClelland -- In vivo excision, cloning, and broad-host-range transfer of large bacterial DNA segments using VEX-capture / James W. Wilson and Cheryl A. Nickerson -- Amplified fragment length polymorphism analysis of Salmonella enterica / Ruiting Lan and Peter R. Reeves -- Salmonella phages and prophages : genomics and practical aspects / Andrew M. Kropinski ... [et al.] -- Salmonella typhimurium phage typing for pathogens / Wolfgang Rabsch -- Salmonella phages examined in the electron microscope / Hans-W. Ackermann -- Applications of cell imaging in salmonella research / Charlotte A. Perrett and Mark A. Jepson -- Analysis of kinesin accumulation on salmonella-containing vacuoles / Audrey Dumont ... [et al.] -- Magnesium, manganese, and divalent cation transport assays in intact cells / Michael E. Maguire -- Methods in cell-to-cell signaling in salmonella / Brian M. M. Ahmer ... [et al.] -- Development of salmonella strains as cancer therapy agents and testing in tumor cell lines / Abraham Eisenstark ... [et al.] -- Further resources for molecular protocols in salmonella research / Abraham Eisenstark and Kelly K. Edwards.
- Thermophiles 2008, CRCnetBASEIntroduction / Frank T. Robb ... [et al.] -- Compatible solutes of (hyper)thermophiles and their role in protein stabilization / Helena Santos ... [et al.] -- Relationships among catalytic activity, structural flexibility, and conformational stability as deduced from the analysis of mesophilic-thermophilic enzyme pairs and protein engineering studies / Reinhard Sterner and Eike Brunner -- Membranes and transport proteins of thermophilic microorganisms / Sonja Verena Albers and Arnold J.M. Driessen -- Thermophilic protein-folding systems / Frank T. Robb and Pongpan Laksanalamai -- Physical properties of membranes composed of tetraether archaeal lipids / Parkson Lee-Gau Chong -- Glycolysis in hyperthermophiles / Peter Schonheit -- Industrial relevance of thermophiles and their enzymes / Garabed Antranikian -- Denitrification pathway enzymes of thermophiles / Simon de Vries and Imke Schroder -- DNA stability and repair / Malcolm F. White and Dennis W. Grogan --Plasmids and cloning vectors for thermophilic archaea / Kenneth M. Stedman -- Genetic analysis in extremely thermophilic bacteria : an overview / Dennis W. Grogan -- Targeted gene disruption as a tool for establishing gene function in hyperthermophilic archaea / Haruyuki Atomi and Tadayuki Imanaka -- Nanobiotechnological potential of viruses of hyperthermophilic archaea / Tamara Basta and David Prangishvili -- Master keys to DNA replication, repair, and recombination from the structural biology of enzymes from thermophiles / Li Fan ... [et al.] -- DNA replication in thermophiles / Jae-Ho Shin, Lori M. Kelman, and Zvi Kelman -- DNA-binding proteins and DNA topology / Kathleen Sandman -- Structure and evolution of the Thermus thermophilus ribosome / Steven T. Gregory and Albert E. Dalberg -- Protein phosphorylation at 80C and above / Peter J. Kennelly -- Archaeal 20S proteasome: a simple and thermostable model system for the core particle / Joshua K. Michel and Robert M. Kelly.
- Evolved from online and live-in-person lectures presented in bacteriology courses at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. New material is constantly being added, and current material is constantly being revised and updated.--Website
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Editor: Jianfang, Zhang
Translated & Donated by Muoi Arnold and Keith Arnold former Stanford faculty