Lane will be intermittently offline
6:00am - 8:00am Saturday morning 1/31/15
6:00am - 8:00am Saturday morning 1/31/15
Books by Subject
- Anti-tuberculosis drug resistance in the world fourth global report : the World Health Organization/International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (WHO/UNION) Global Project on Anti-Tuberculosis Drug Resistance Surveillance, 2002-2007 2008, WHO
- Antibiotic and chemotherapy anti-infective agents and their use in therapy. 9th ed. 2010, ClinicalKey1. Historical introduction -- 2. Modes of action -- 3. The problem of resistance -- 4. Pharmacodynamics of anti-infective agents: target delineation and susceptibility breakpoint selection -- 5. Antimicrobial agents and the kidneys -- 6. Drug interactions involving anti-infective agents -- 7. Antibiotics and the immune system -- 8. General principles of antimicrobial chemotherapy -- 9. Laboratory control of antimicrobial therapy -- 10. Principles of chemop rophylaxis -- 11. Antibiotic policies -- 12. Aminoglycosides and aminocyclitols -- 13. β-Lactam antibiotics : cephalosporins -- 14. β-Lactam antibiotics: penicillins -- 15. Other β-lactam antibiotics -- 16. Chloramphenicol and thiamphenicol -- 17. Diaminopyrimidines -- 18. Fosfomycin and fosmidomycin -- 19. Fusidanes -- 20. Glycopeptides -- 21. Lincosamides -- 22. Macrolides -- 23. Mupirocin -- 24. Nitroimidazoles -- 25. Oxazolidinones -- 26. Quinolones -- 27. Rifamycins -- 28. Streptogramins -- 29. Sulfonamides -- 30. Tetracyclines -- 31. Miscellaneous antibacterial agents -- 32. Antifungal agents -- 33. Antimycobacterial agents -- 34. Anthelmintics -- 35. Antiprotozoal agents -- 36. Antiretroviral agents -- 37. Other antiviral agents -- 38. Sepsis -- 39. Abdominal and other surgical infections -- 40. Infections associated with neutropenia and transplantation -- 41. Infections in intensive care patients -- 42. Infections associated with implanted medical devices -- 43. Antiretroviral therapy for HIV -- 44. Infections of the upper respiratory tract -- 45. Infections of the lower respiratory tract -- 46. Endocarditis -- 47. Infections of the gastrointestinal tract -- 48. Hepatitis -- 49. Skin and soft-tissue infections -- 50. Bacterial infections of the central nervous system -- 51. Viral infections of the central nervous system -- 52. Bone and joint infections -- 53. Infections of the eye -- 54. Urinary tract infections -- 55. Infections in pregnancy -- 56. Sexually transmitted diseases -- 57. Leprosy -- 58. Tuberculosis and other mycobacterial infections -- 59. Superficial and mucocutaneous mycoses -- 60. Systemic fungal infections -- 61. Zoonoses -- 62. Malaria -- 63. Other protozoal infections -- 64. Helminthic infections.
- Antibiotic discovery and development 2012, Springer
- Antibiotic policies-- fighting resistance 2007, Springer
- Antibiotic resistance 2012, SpringerIntroduction to antibiotic resistance/ Richard Bax, David Griffin -- The origins of antibiotic resistance/ Gerard D. Wright -- Surveillance programmes and antibiotic resistance: worldwide and regional monitoring of antibiotic resistance trends/ Stephen Hawser -- Current and future challenges in the development of antimicrobial agents/ Robert P. Rennie -- The role of the outer membrane of gram-negative bacteria in antibiotic resistance: Ajax' shield or Achilles' heel?/ Malcolm G.P. Page -- Prevention of drug resistance by combined drug treatment of tuberculosis/ Denis A. Mitchison -- Nonmultiplying bacteria are profoundly tolerant to antibiotics / Yanmin Hu, Anthony Coates -- Persister cells: molecular mechanisms related to antibiotic tolerance / Kim Lewis -- Antimicrobial textiles / J. Vaun McArthur, R.C. Tuckfield, C. Baker-Austin -- Efflux: how bacteria use pumps to control their microenvironment / E. David G. McIntosh -- Antibiotics in phase II and III clinical trials / Anthony R.M. Coates, Gerry Halls.
- Antibiotics simplified. Third edition. [3rd ed.] 2014, ebraryPart 1. Considerations with antibiotic therapy -- Part 2. Antibacterial drugs -- Part 3. Antimycobacterial drugs -- Part 4. Antifungal drugs -- Part 5. Antiviral drugs -- Part 6. Antiparasitic Drugs -- Appendix 1. Selected normal human flora -- Appendix 2. Spectrum of activity -- Appendix 3. Empiric regimens for common infections -- Index.
- Antibiotics-- the perfect storm 2010, Springer
- antimicrobe.org DatabaseIncludes information on antimicrobial therapy and alternative therapy when the drug of choice cannot be given. The resource delivers information via review articles, capsule summaries, mini-reviews, and a guided PubMed search to pick up post-publication research.
- This report examines, for the first time, the current status of surveillance and information on antimicrobial resistance (AMR) at country level worldwide, with particularly attention to antibacterial resistance.
- Bacterial resistance to antimicrobials. 2nd ed. 2008, CRCnetBASEMicrobial drug resistance: a historical perspective / William C. Summers -- Ecology of antibiotic resistance genes / Abigail A. Salyers, Nadja Shoemaker, and David Schlesinger -- Global response systems that confer resistance / Paul F. Miller and Philip N. Rather -- Multidrug efflux pumps: structure, mechanism, and inhibition / Olga Lomovskaya ... [et al.] -- Mechanisms of aminoglycoside antibiotic resistance / Gerard D. Wright -- Resistance to [beta]-lactam antibiotics mediated by [beta]-lactamases : structure, mechanism, and evolution / Jooyoung Cha, Lakshmi P. Kotra, and Shahriar Mobashery -- Target modification as a mechanism of antimicrobial resistance / David C. Hooper -- Antibiotic permeability / Harry Taber -- Genetic methods for detecting bacterial resistance genes / Ad C. Fluit --Evolution and epidemiology of antibiotic-resistant pneumococci / Christopher Gerard Dowson and Krzysztof Trzcinski -- Antimicrobial resistance in the enterococcus / George M. Eliopoulos -- Methicillin resistance in staphylococcus aureus / Keeta S. Gilmore, Michael S. Gilmore, and Daniel F. Sahm -- Mechanism of drug resistance in mycobacterium tuberculosis / Alex S. Pym and Stewart T. Cole -- Antibiotic resistance in enterobacteria / Nafsika H. Georgopapadakou -- Resistance as a worldwide problem / Paul Shears -- Public health responses to antimicrobial resistance in outpatient and inpatient settings / Cindy R. Friedman and Arjun Srinivasan -- Antibacterial drug discovery in the 21st century / Steven J. Projan.
- Clinical use of anti-infective agents a guide on how to prescribe drugs used to treat infections 2012, Springer
- Daschner Guide to in-hospital antibiotic therapy. 2nd ed. 2012, SpringerClassification of the Antibiotics -- Antibiotics Marketed in the EU -- Principles of Antibiotic Therapy -- The Most Common Errors in Antibiotic Therapy -- Important Infections and Their Microbiological Diagnosis -- Cooperation with Microbiologists -- Resistance of Major Clinical Pathogens -- The Most Frequent Pathogens- Choice of Antibiotics -- Antibiotics, Antimycotics: Spectrum- Dosage- Adverse Effects- Costs -- Antibiotic Therapy of the Principal Infections in Children and Adults -- Treatment of the Most Frequent Types of Bacterial Endocarditis -- Minimal Duration of Treatment for Bacterial Infections -- Failure of Antibiotic Therapy -- Fever of Unknown Origin: Differential Diagnosis -- Dosage of Antibiotics in Impaired Renal Function -- Antibiotic Therapy in Haemodialysis, Peritoneal Dialysis, and Continuous Haemofiltration -- Antibiotic Therapy During Pregnancy and Lactation -- Antibiotics in Liver Diseases -- Diffusion of Antibiotics in Cerebrospinal Fluid and in Cerebral Abscesses -- Local Antibiotics -- Prophylactic Antibiotic Therapy -- Physical Incompatibility of Antibiotics and Antimycotics in Infusion Solutions -- Useful Websites.
- 1.Translational Strategies for Development of Antibody-Based Therapeutics: An Overview /Mohammad Tabrizi, Gadi Gazit Bornstein and Scott L. Klakamp --2.Discovery Process for Antibody-Based Therapeutics /Heather H. Shih --3.Technologies for the Generation of Human Antibodies /Ramesh R. Bhatt, John S. Haurum and C. Geoffrey Davis --4.Application of Antibody Engineering in the Development of Next Generation Antibody-Based Therapeutics /Randall J. Brezski and Juan Carlos Almagro --5.Biophysical Considerations for Development of Antibody-Based Therapeutics /Andrew W. Drake and Giuseppe A. Papalia --6.Considerations in Establishing Affinity Design Goals for Development of Antibody-Based Therapeutics /Mohammad Tabrizi --7.Bioanalytical Considerations for Development of Antibody-Based Therapeutics: Pharmacokinetics and Immunogenicity /Cherryl B. Funelas and Scott L. Klakamp --8.Preclinical Considerations for Development of Antibody-Based Therapeutics in Oncology /Gregory Landes and Kathleen Elias --9.Factors Impacting the Tumor Localization and Distribution of Antibody-Based Therapeutics in Oncology /David C. Blakey --10.Preclinical Safety Considerations for the Development of Antibody-Based Therapeutics /Lolke de Haan --11.Application of Pharmacokinetic/Pharmacodynamic Modeling in the Development of Antibody-Based Therapeutics /Donald E. Mager --12.Application of Population Pharmacokinetic-Pharmacodynamic Approaches in the Design of Translational Strategies for Development of Antibody-Based Therapeutics /Feng Jin --13.Translational Biomarkers: Essential Tools in Development of Antibody-Based Therapeutics /Mohammad A. Tabrizi and Cherryl B. Funelas --14.Translational Research in Alzheimer's Disease for Development of Antibody-Based Therapeutics /Eric C. Yuen, Enchi Liu and Gene G. Kinney --15.Considerations in Manufacturing Process Development for Antibody-Based Therapeutics /Paula C. Miller and Peiling Xu --16.Strategies for Development of Next Generation Antibody-Based Therapeutics /Mohammad Tabrizi and Gadi Gazit Bornstein --17.Immune Complex Therapies for Treatment of Immune Thrombocytopenia /Rong Deng and Joseph P. Balthasar --18.Application of Bioinformatics Principles for Target Evaluation /Anthony Carvalloza, Mohammad Fallahi and Sahba Tabrizifard --19.Concluding Remarks /Mohammad Tabrizi, Gadi Gazit Bornstein and Scott L. Klakamp.
- Chapter 1. The evolving threat of antimicrobial resistance: Introduction -- Chapter 2. Surveillance to track antimicrobial use and resistance in bacteria -- Chapter 3. Measures to ensure better use of antibiotics -- Chapter 4. Reducing antimicrobial use in animal husbandry -- Chapter 5. Infection prevention and control in health-care facilities -- Chapter 6. Fostering innovation to combat antimicrobial resistance -- Chapter 7. The way forward: political commitment to enable options for action -- Appendix 1. List of 2001 WHO Global Strategy for Containment of Antimicrobial Resistance recommendations -- Appendix 2. List of 2011 WHO World Health Day six-point policy briefs.
- Harriet Lane handbook of pediatric antimicrobial therapy. Second edition [2nd ed.] 2014, ClinicalKeyInfectious agents and drugs of choice / Julia A. McMillan,Julia A. McMillan and George K. Siberry --Recommended empiric antimicrobial therapy for selected clinical syndromes /Hiwot Hiruy, Swathi Gowtham, and Paul Sue --Drug dosing in special circumstances /Angela Helder, Elizabeth A. Sinclair, and Carlton K.K. Lee --Mechanisms of action and routes of administration of antimicrobial agents /Karen C. Carroll --Mechanisms of drug resistance /Karen C. Carroll --Therapeutic drug monitoring /Kristine A. Parbuoni and Carlton K.K. Lee --Adverse drug reactions /Melissa D. Makii and Carlton K.K. Lee --Recommended antimicrobial prophylaxis for selected infectious agents and conditions /Julia A. McMillan and George K. Siberry --Antimicrobial desensitization protocols /Lisa A. Degnan and Carlton K.K. Lee --Formulary /Carlton K.K. Lee.
- Meyler's Side effects of antimicrobial drugs 2010, ClinicalKeyAntibacerial Drugs -- Antiviral Drugs, Including Immunoglobulins and Interferons -- Antifungal Drugs -- Antiprotozoal and Antihelminthic Drugs -- Vaccines -- Disinfectants and Antiseptics.
- Monoclonal antibodies targeting EGFR/HER2 and clinical outcomes in cancer treatment 2013, Future MedMonoclonal antibodies targeting EGFR/HER2 and clinical outcomes in cancer treatment / Jan B. Vermorken -- Colorectal cancer / Christian Rolfo, Giuseppe Bronte, Antonio Russo & Marc Peeters -- Breast cancer / Sevilay Altintas -- Lung cancer and genitourinary cancers / Dirk Schrijvers -- Tumors of the skin, the CNS and the head and neck / Pol Specenier -- Gynecologic cancers / Jan B. Vermorken -- Index.
- New concepts of antiviral therapy 2006, Springer
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Access restricted to Stanford unless otherwise noted.
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Springer Protocols
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Large number of high quality software and database programming titles from O'Reilly. Other software titles are also available from Sams and Prentice Hall. Limited to 7 concurrent users.Vast collection of software and database programming titles from multiple publishers, including Microsoft Press.Largest provider of engineering-related eBooks; includes titles in computer science and biomedical engineering.Over 4,000 full-text e-books covering scientific and technical information from CRC Press and others. Many handbooks and single volume reference sources.A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more. Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.Includes peer-reviewed life science and biomedical research protocols compiled from Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods in Molecular Medicine, Methods in Biotechnology, Methods in Pharmacology and Toxicology, Neuromethods, the Biomethods Handbook, the Proteomics Handbook, and Springer Laboratory Manuals.Contains full text access to selected biomedical and nursing books.Provides one-click access to important clinical resources; includes evidence-based diagnosis and treatment guidelines, Books, EBM articles, Ovid MEDLINE, Drug facts and comparisons, Drug interaction facts, guidelines from National Guideline Clearinghouse, patient handouts (English and Spanish), and local content.ClinicalKey provides access to textbooks, electronic journals, practice guidelines, drug information, and patient education handouts.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.Provides online, full-text access to Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers. Subjects include: life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics and astronomy, engineering and economics. Also includes eBooks.Collection of over 8 thousand fulltext titles in engineering, math, and basic and applied biomedical research. Coverage is from 1967 to the present.A library of ebooks on a wide array of topics, digitized and made available online in conjunction with the original publishers.