Books by Subject
- Antibiotic discovery and development 2012, Springer
- Antibiotic policies 2007, Springer
- Antibiotic policies 2005, Springer
- Antibiotic policies 2011, Springer
- Antibiotics 2010, Springer
- Antibiotics and antiseptics in periodontal therapy 2011, Springer
- Antibiotics in laboratory medicine. 5th ed. 2005, OvidThe breakpoint / Matthew A. Wikler, Paul G. Ambrose -- Antimicrobial susceptibility on solid media / John D. Turnidge, Jan M. Bell -- Susceptibility testing of antimicrobials in liquid media / Daniel Amsterdam -- Antimicrobial susceptibility testing of anaerobic bacteria / David W. Hecht -- Antimycobacterial agents: in vitro susceptibility testing and mechanisms of action and resistance / Clark B. Inderlied and Kevin A. Nash -- Antifungal drugs: mechanisms of action, drug resistance, susceptibility testing, and assays of activity in biological fluids / Michael A. Pfaller, Daniel J. Diekema, and Michael G. Rinaldi -- Antimicrobial susceptibility testing for some atypical microorganisms (chlamydia, mycoplasma, rickettsia, ehrlichia, coxiella, and spirochetes) / Jean-Marc Rolain, Didier Raoult -- Applications, significance of, and methods for the measurement of antimicrobial concentrations in human body fluids / Roger D. Klein and Stephen C. Edberg -- Antimicrobial combinations / Satish K. Pillai, Robert C. Moellering, Jr., and George M. Eliopoulos --Genetic and biochemical mechanisms of bacterial resistance to antimicrobial agents / Louis B. Rice and Robert A. Bonomo -- Molecular methods for the detection of antibacterial resistance genes / Margareta Ieven -- Molecular mechanisms of action for antimicrobial agents: general principles and mechanisms for selected classes of antibiotics / Charles W. Stratton -- The antivirogram and the modes of action of antiviral agents, HIV, hepatitis, influenza, and cytomegalovirus / Pierre Dellamonica ... [et al.] -- Disinfectants and antiseptics, modes of action, mechanisms of resistance, and testing / Joseph M. Ascenzi, Martin S. Favero -- Evaluation of antimicrobials in experimental animal infections / Terry O' Reilly ... [et al.] -- Extravascular antimicrobial distribution and the respective blood and urine concentrations in humans / David M. Bamberger ... [et al.] -- Epidemiology of antimicrobial resistance: species prevalence, susceptibility profiles, and resistance trends / Thomas R. Fritsche, Helio S. Sader, Ronald N. Jones.
- antimicrobe.org DatabaseIncludes information on antimicrobial therapy and alternative therapy when the drug of choice cannot be given. The resource delivers information via review articles, capsule summaries, mini-reviews, and a guided PubMed search to pick up post-publication research.
- Bacterial resistance to antimicrobials. 2nd ed. 2008, CRCnetBASEMicrobial drug resistance: a historical perspective / William C. Summers -- Ecology of antibiotic resistance genes / Abigail A. Salyers, Nadja Shoemaker, and David Schlesinger -- Global response systems that confer resistance / Paul F. Miller and Philip N. Rather -- Multidrug efflux pumps: structure, mechanism, and inhibition / Olga Lomovskaya ... [et al.] -- Mechanisms of aminoglycoside antibiotic resistance / Gerard D. Wright -- Resistance to [beta]-lactam antibiotics mediated by [beta]-lactamases : structure, mechanism, and evolution / Jooyoung Cha, Lakshmi P. Kotra, and Shahriar Mobashery -- Target modification as a mechanism of antimicrobial resistance / David C. Hooper -- Antibiotic permeability / Harry Taber -- Genetic methods for detecting bacterial resistance genes / Ad C. Fluit --Evolution and epidemiology of antibiotic-resistant pneumococci / Christopher Gerard Dowson and Krzysztof Trzcinski -- Antimicrobial resistance in the enterococcus / George M. Eliopoulos -- Methicillin resistance in staphylococcus aureus / Keeta S. Gilmore, Michael S. Gilmore, and Daniel F. Sahm -- Mechanism of drug resistance in mycobacterium tuberculosis / Alex S. Pym and Stewart T. Cole -- Antibiotic resistance in enterobacteria / Nafsika H. Georgopapadakou -- Resistance as a worldwide problem / Paul Shears -- Public health responses to antimicrobial resistance in outpatient and inpatient settings / Cindy R. Friedman and Arjun Srinivasan -- Antibacterial drug discovery in the 21st century / Steven J. Projan.
- Clinical use of anti-infective agents 2012, Springer
- Daschner guide to in-hospital antibiotic therapy 2009, Springer
- Daschner guide to in-hospital antibiotic therapy. 2nd ed. 2012, Springer
- Development of antibody-based therapeutics 2012, Springer1.Translational Strategies for Development of Antibody-Based Therapeutics: An Overview /Mohammad Tabrizi, Gadi Gazit Bornstein and Scott L. Klakamp --2.Discovery Process for Antibody-Based Therapeutics /Heather H. Shih --3.Technologies for the Generation of Human Antibodies /Ramesh R. Bhatt, John S. Haurum and C. Geoffrey Davis --4.Application of Antibody Engineering in the Development of Next Generation Antibody-Based Therapeutics /Randall J. Brezski and Juan Carlos Almagro --5.Biophysical Considerations for Development of Antibody-Based Therapeutics /Andrew W. Drake and Giuseppe A. Papalia --6.Considerations in Establishing Affinity Design Goals for Development of Antibody-Based Therapeutics /Mohammad Tabrizi --7.Bioanalytical Considerations for Development of Antibody-Based Therapeutics: Pharmacokinetics and Immunogenicity /Cherryl B. Funelas and Scott L. Klakamp --8.Preclinical Considerations for Development of Antibody-Based Therapeutics in Oncology /Gregory Landes and Kathleen Elias --9.Factors Impacting the Tumor Localization and Distribution of Antibody-Based Therapeutics in Oncology /David C. Blakey.10.Preclinical Safety Considerations for the Development of Antibody-Based Therapeutics /Lolke de Haan --11.Application of Pharmacokinetic/Pharmacodynamic Modeling in the Development of Antibody-Based Therapeutics /Donald E. Mager --12.Application of Population Pharmacokinetic-Pharmacodynamic Approaches in the Design of Translational Strategies for Development of Antibody-Based Therapeutics /Feng Jin --13.Translational Biomarkers: Essential Tools in Development of Antibody-Based Therapeutics /Mohammad A. Tabrizi and Cherryl B. Funelas --14.Translational Research in Alzheimer's Disease for Development of Antibody-Based Therapeutics /Eric C. Yuen, Enchi Liu and Gene G. Kinney --15.Considerations in Manufacturing Process Development for Antibody-Based Therapeutics /Paula C. Miller and Peiling Xu --16.Strategies for Development of Next Generation Antibody-Based Therapeutics /Mohammad Tabrizi and Gadi Gazit Bornstein --17.Immune Complex Therapies for Treatment of Immune Thrombocytopenia /Rong Deng and Joseph P. Balthasar --18.Application of Bioinformatics Principles for Target Evaluation /Anthony Carvalloza, Mohammad Fallahi and Sahba Tabrizifard --19.Concluding Remarks /Mohammad Tabrizi, Gadi Gazit Bornstein and Scott L. Klakamp.
- Chapter 1. The evolving threat of antimicrobial resistance: Introduction -- Chapter 2. Surveillance to track antimicrobial use and resistance in bacteria -- Chapter 3. Measures to ensure better use of antibiotics -- Chapter 4. Reducing antimicrobial use in animal husbandry -- Chapter 5. Infection prevention and control in health-care facilities -- Chapter 6. Fostering innovation to combat antimicrobial resistance -- Chapter 7. The way forward: political commitment to enable options for action -- Appendix 1. List of 2001 WHO Global Strategy for Containment of Antimicrobial Resistance recommendations -- Appendix 2. List of 2011 WHO World Health Day six-point policy briefs.
- New concepts of antiviral therapy 2006, Springer
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases