Books by Subject
- Anaesthesia, pain, intensive care and emergency 2008, SpringerAdvances on critical care -- Airway -- Trauma -- Obstetrics -- Paediatric anaesthesia -- Cardiac arrest -- Infections, sepsis, organ dysfunction -- Perioperative care -- Quality of care in the ICU.
- Anästhesie und Intensivmedizin in Herz-, Thorax- und Gefässchirurgie. 6., vollständig überarb. und erw. Aufl. 2005, Springer
- Anesthesia and perioperative care for aortic surgery 2011, SpringerApplied anatomy of the aorta -- Acute aortic syndrome -- Preoperative cardiac evaluation before aortic surgery -- Role of echocardiography in aortic surgery -- Operative techniques in surgery of the proximal thoracic aorta and aortic arch -- Anesthesia for surgery of the ascending aorta and aortic arch -- Deep hypothermic circulatory arrest -- Cerebral monitoring during aortic surgery -- Understanding open repair of the descending thoracic and thoracoabdominal aorta -- Anesthesia for descending aortic surgery -- Spinal cord protection strategies -- Understanding endovascular aortic surgery: Endovascular repair of aortic aneurysmal disease -- Anesthesia for endovascular aortic surgery -- Anesthesia for open abdominal aortic aneurysm repair -- Renal protection strategies -- Comprehansive management of patients with traumatic aortic injury -- Anesthesia for adult congenital aortic surgery -- Atherosclerosis of the aorta and prevention of neurological dysfunction after cardiac surgery -- Postoperative care after aortic surgery.
- Anesthesia and uncommon diseases.. 6th ed. / 2012, ScienceDirectEye, ear, nose, and throat diseases -- Cardiac diseases -- Congenital heart disease -- Respiratory diseases -- Liver diseases -- Obesity and nutrition disorders -- Renal diseases -- Neurological diseases -- Muscle diseases -- Skin and bone disorders -- Hematologic diseases -- Infectious diseases and biologic weapons -- Diseases of the endocrine system -- Mitochondrial Disease -- Psychiatric and behavioral disorders -- Mineral, vitamin, and herbal supplements -- Trauma and acute care -- Burns -- Pregnancy and obstetric complications -- Geriatric patient -- Pediatric patient.
- Anesthesia in cosmetic surgery 2007, CambridgePropofol ketamine with bispectral index (BIS) monitoring / Barry L. Friedberg -- Preoperative instructions, intraoperative environment / Barry L. Friedberg -- Level-of-consciousness monitoring / Scott D. Kelley -- The dissociative effect and preemptive analgesia / Barry L. Friedberg -- Special needs of cosmetic dental patients / James A. Snyder -- Propofol Ketamine in the UK, Propofol Ketamine beyond cosmetic surgery / Chris Pollock -- Propofol Ketamine beyond cosmetic surgery : implications for military medicine and mass-casualty anesthesia / Joel W. McMasters -- Lidocaine use and toxicity in cosmetic surgery / Adam Frederic Dorin -- Local anesthetic blocks in head and neck surgery / Joseph Niamtu -- Local anesthetics and surgical considerations for body contouring / Roger Wade Pielet -- Intravenous anesthesia for cosmetic surgery / David Barinholtz -- Regional anesthesia for cosmetic surgery / Holly Evans and Susan M. Steele -- General inhalation anesthesia for cosmetic surgery / Meena Desai -- Preanesthetic assessment of the cosmetic surgery patient / Norman Levin -- Psychological aspects of cosmetic surgery / David B. Sarwer, Canice E. Crerand, and Lauren M. Gibbons -- The business of the office-based anesthesia for cosmetic surgery / Marc E. Koch -- The politics of office-based anesthesia / David Barinholtz -- Staying out of trouble : the medicolegal perspective / Ann Lofsky.
- Anesthesia informatics 2008, Springer
- Anesthesia secrets. 4th ed. 2011, ebraryBasics of Patient Management -- Pharmacology -- Preparing for Anesthesia -- Patient Monitoring and Procedures -- Perioperative Problems -- Anesthesia and Systemic Disease -- Special Anesthetic Considerations --Regional Anesthesia -- Anesthetic Considerations in Selected Surgical Procedures -- Pain Management.
- Anesthesia student survival guide 2010, Springer
- Case studies of near misses in clinical anesthesia 2011, Springer
- Clinical anesthesia 2008, Springer
- Clinical anesthesia. 6th ed. 2009, Ovid
- Complications of regional anesthesia. 2nd ed. 2007., SpringerComplications of obstetric regional anesthesia / Paul J. O'Connor -- Complications of catheter techniques / Per H. Rosenberg -- Regional anesthesia complications related to acute pain management / Narinder Rawal -- Complications of regional anesthesia in chronic pain therapy / Philip W.H. Peng and Vincent W.S. Chan -- Major neurologic injury following central neural blockade / David J. Sage and Steven J. Fowler -- Regional anesthesia and infection / Terese T. Horlocker and Denise J. Wedel -- Regional anesthesia in the presence of neurologic disease / Andrea Kattula, Giuditta Angelini, and George Arndt --Evaluation of neurologic injury following regional anesthesia / Quinn H. Hogan, Lloyd Hendrix, and Safwan Jaradeh -- Cae studies of regional anesthesia / William F. Urmey -- International morbidity studies on regional anesthesia. Complications associated with regional anesthesia: an American Society of Anesthesiologists' closed claims analysis / Lorri A. Lee and Karen B. Domino. Complications of regional anesthesia leading to medical legal action in Canada / Kari G. Smedstad. Neurologic complications of regional anesthesia in the Nordic countries / Nils Dahlgren. Medicolegal claims: summary of an Australian study / Alber H. Santora. Regional anesthesia morbidity study: France / Yves Auroy and Dan Benhamou -- Medicolegal aspects of regional anesthesia / Albert H. Santora.Regional anesthesia safety / John W.R. McIntyre -- Outcome studies comparing regional and general anesthesia / Gabriella Iohom and George Shorten -- Avoiding complications in regional anesthesia / Richard W. Rosenquist -- Local anesthetic toxicity / David L. Brown -- Mechanisms of neurologic complications with peripheral nerve blocks / Alain Borgeat, Stephan Blumenthal, and Admir Hadžić -- Complications of ophthalmic regional anesthesia / Robert C. (Roy) Hamilton -- Complications of paravertebral, intercostal nerve blocks, and interpleural analgesia / Nirmala R. Abraham Hidalgo and F. Michael Ferrante -- Complications of brachial plexus anesthesia / Brendan T. Finucane and Ban C.H. Tsui -- Complications associated with spinal anesthesia / Pekka Tarkkila -- Complications of epidural blockade / Ciaran Twomey and Ban C.H. Tsui -- Complications of other peripheral nerve blocks / Guido Fanelli, Andrea Casati, and Daniela Ghisi -- Complications of intravenous regional anesthesia / Dominic A. Cave and Barry A. Finegan -- The evidence-based safety of pediatric regional anesthesia and complications / Lynn M. Broadman and Ryan A. Holt --
- Epiduroscopy 2008, Springer
- Essentials of neurosurgical anesthesia & critical care 2012, Springer
- Essentials of regional anesthesia 2012, Springer
- Geriatric anesthesiology. 2nd ed. 2008, SpringerThe practice of geriatric anesthesia / Jeffrey H. Silverstein -- Demographics and economics of geriatric patient care / Maria F. Galati and Roger D. London -- Theories of aging / Stanley Muravchick -- Ethical management of the elderly patient / Paul J. Hoehner -- Teaching geriatric anesthesiology to practitioners, residents, and medical students / Sheila J. Ellis -- Research priorities in geriatric anesthesiology / Christopher J. Jankowski and David J. Cook -- Alterations in metabolic functions and electrolytes / Michael C. Lewis -- Perioperative thermoregulation / Daniel I. Sessler -- Postoperative central nervous system dysfunction / Deborah J. Culley, Terri G. Monk, and Gregory Crosby-- Alterations in circulatory function / Thomas J. Ebert and G. Alec Rooke --The aging respiratory system : anesthetic strategies to minimize perioperative pulmonary complications / Rodrigo Cartin-Ceba ... [et al.] -- Operative debridements of chronic wounds / Andrew M. Hanflik ... [et al.] -- Preoperative risk stratificationand methods to reduce risk / Linda L. Liu and Jacqueline M. Leung -- Anesthetic implications of chronic medications / Tamas A. Szabo and R. David Warters -- The pharmacology of opioids / Steven L. Shafer and Pamela Flood -- Intravenous hypnotic anesthetics / Matthew D. McEvoy and J.G. Reves -- Inhalational anesthetics / Gary R. Haynes -- Relaxants and their reversal agents / Cynthia A. Lien and Takahiro Suzuki -- Management of regional anesthesia / Bernadette Veering --Fluid management / Jessica Miller, Lee A. Fleisher, and Jeffrey L. Carson -- Pain management / Jack M. Berger -- Anesthesia considerations for geriatric outpatients / Kathryn E. McGoldrick -- Sedaton and monitoring / Sheila R. Barnett -- Total hip replacement, joint replacement, and hip fracture / Idit Matot and Shaul Beyth -- Transurethral prostatectomy syndrome and other complications of urologic procedures / Daniel M. Gainsburg -- Thoracic procedures / Steven M. Neustein and James B. Eisenkraft -- Cardiac procedures / James H. Abernathy III -- Vascular procedures / Leanne Groban and Sylvia Y. Dolinski -- Abdominal procedures / Jeffrey H. Silverstein.
- Handbook of ambulatory anesthesia. 2nd ed. 2008, SpringerPreanesthesia Evaluation and Testing / L. Reuven Pasternak -- Minimally invasive and advanced ambulatory procedures / Shireen Ahmad -- Adult Clinical Challenges / Donald M. Mathews and Rebecca S. Twersky -- Pediatric clinical challenges / Lucinda L. Everett and Gennadiy Fuzaylov -- Pediatric perioperative management / Raafat S. Hannallah -- Adult preoperative preparation: equipment and monitoring / J. Lance Lichtor -- Sedation techniques / Tong J. Gan and Beverly K. Philip -- Regional anesthesia / Holly C. L. Evans, Karen C. Nielsen and Susan M. Steele -- General anesthesia / Ralph Gertler and Girish P. Joshi -- Anesthesia outside the operating room / Steven C. Hall -- Office-based anesthesia / Hector Vila, Meena S. Desai and Rafael V. Miguel -- Postanesthesia care recovery and management / Johnathan L. Pregler and Patricia A. Kapur -- Discharge process / Frances Chung and Jeremy Lermitte -- Quality management, regulation, and accreditation / Jerry A. Cohen, Sorin J. Brull and Walter G. Maurer -- Ambulatory surgery center profitability, efficiency, and cost containment / Tom Archer, Steve Mannis and Alex Macario -- Administrative aspects of ambulatory surgery / William H. Beeson.
- Handbook of clinical anesthesia procedures of the Massachusetts General Hospital. 8th ed. 2010, OvidPart I: Evaluating the patient before anesthesia --Evaluating the patient before anesthesia /Alla Tauber and Mary Kraft --Specific considerations with cardiac disease /Shahzad Shaefi and Hovig V. Chitilian --Specific considerations with pulmonary disease /Stephanie C. Cintora and Kenneth E. Shepherd --Specific considerations with renal disease /Rafael Vazquez and William Benedetto --Specific considerations with liver disease /Salomon M. Maya and Wilton C. Levine --Specific considerations with endocrine disease /Anne M. Drewry, Robert A. Peterfreund, and Stephanie L. Lee --Infectious diseases and infection control in anesthesia /Shahzad Shaefi and Ulrich Schmidt --Part II: Administration of anesthesia --Safety in anesthesia /Sara N. Goldhaber-Fiebert and Jeffrey B. Cooper --The anesthesia machine /Andrew R. Vaclavik and Greg Ginsburg --Monitoring /Jennifer Chatburn and Warren S. Sandberg --Intravenous and inhalation anesthetics /Claudia Benkwitz and Ken Solt --Neuromuscular blockade /Oleg V. Evgenov and Peter F. Dunn --Airway evaluation and management /Cosmin Gauran and Peter F. Dunn --Administration of general anesthesia /Victor A. Chin and Stuart A. Forman --Local anesthetics /Maryam Jowza and Rebecca D. Minehart --Spinal, epidural, and caudal anesthesia /Jason M. Lewis and May C. M. Pian-Smith --Regional anesthesia /Keith Fragoza and Lisa Warren --Intra-anesthetic problems /Jonathan D. Bloom and Keith Baker --Perioperative hemodynamic control /Brian T. Bateman and Vilma E. Ortiz --Anesthesia for abdominal surgery /Emily A. Singer and John J. A. Marota --Anesthesia for thoracic surgery /Junichi Naganuma and Paul H. Alfille --Anesthesia for vascular surgery /M. Richard Pavao and Edward A. Bittner --Anesthesia for cardiac surgery /Ethan Small and Jason Zhensheng Qu --Anesthesia for neurosurgery /Scott A. LeGrand and Michele Szabo --Anesthesia for head and neck surgery /Brian D. Cauley and Deborah S. Pederson --Anesthesia for urologic surgery /Kris C. Lukauskis and William R. Kimball --Anesthesia for geriatric patients /Zhongcong Xie and Christine Finer --Anesthesia for surgical emergencies in the neonate /James Y. Ko ... [et al.] --Anesthesia for pediatric surgery /Susan A. Vassallo and LIsbeth L. Pappas --Anesthesia for obstetrics and gynecology /Amy Ortman and Lisa Leffert --Ambulatory anesthesia /Christopher J. Hodge and LIsa Wollman --Anesthesia outside of the operating room /Thomas J. Graetz and John J. A. Marota --Anesthesia for trauma and burns /Vikram Kumar and Keith Baker --Transfusion therapy /Shubha V. Y. Raju and Jonathan E. Charnin --Part III: Perioperative issues --The postanesthesia care unit /Asheesh Kumar and Edward E. George --Perioperative respiratory failure /Michael R. Shaughnessy and Luca M. Bigatello --Adult, pediatric, and newborn resuscitation /Richard M. Pino, Bradley E. Randel, and Arthur J. Tokarcyzk --Pain /Karsten Bartels and James P. Rathmell --Complementary and alternative medicine /Margaret A. Gargarian and P. Grace Harrell --Ethical and end-of-life issues /Sheri Berg and Rae M. Allain --Appendix A: supplemental drug information /Bishr Haydar.
- Handbook of neuroanesthesia. 4th ed. 2007, OvidPhysiology and metabolism of the brain and spinal cord / Ira S. Kass -- Effects of anesthesia on cerebral and spinal cord physiology / Rosemary Hickey -- Neurophysiologic monitoring / M. Sean Kincaid and Arthur M. Lam -- Cerebral protection and resuscitation / Myrna I. Morales, Janet Pittman, and James E. Cottrell -- Management of pain in the neurosurgical patient / Timothy R. Deer -- Anesthetic management of head trauma / Takefumi Sakabe and Audrée A. Bendo -- Anesthesia for supratentorial tumors / Nicolas J. Bruder and Patrick A. Ravussin -- Anesthesia for posterior fossa surgery / Deborah J. Culley and Gregory Crosby -- Anesthetic management of intracranial aneurysms / Philippa Newfield and Audrèe A. Bendo -- Ischemic cerebrovascular disease / Ian A. Herrick, Miquel F. Arango, and Adrian W. Gelb -- Neuroendocrine tumors: pathophysiology / David L. Schreibman and M. Jane Matjasko -- Epilepsy, epilepsy surgery, awake craniotomy for tumor surgery, and intraoperative magnetic resonance imaging / Pirjo Hellen Manninen and Jee Jian See --Spinal cord: injury and procedures / Gary R. Stier ... [et al.] -- Pediatric neuroanesthesia / Philippa Newfield, Lawrence H. Feld, and Rukaiya K.A. Hamid -- Neurosurgery in the pregnant patient / David J. Wlody and Lela D. Weems -- Anesthetic management of therapeutic interventional neuroradiologic procedures / Shailendra Joshi, Sundeep Mangla, and William L. Young -- Anesthetic management of diagnostic neuroradiology / Deborah M. Whelan, Melissa A. Laxton, and Patricia H. Petrozza -- Complications in the postanesthesia care unit / Jean G. Charchaflieh and Samrat H. Worah -- Respiratory care of the neurosurgical patient / Irene Rozet and Karen B. Domino -- Cardiovascular therapy / Steven J. Allen and C. Lee Parmley -- Fluid management / Concezione Tommasino -- Nutritional support in the critically ill patient / John M. Taylor and Linda Liu -- Traumatic brain injury, stroke, and brain death / Seth Manoach and Jean G. Charchaflieh.
- Laboratory animal anaesthesia. 3rd ed. 2009, ScienceDirectPreparing for anaesthesia -- Anaesthesia -- Anaesthetic management -- Special techniques -- Analgesia and post-operative care -- Anaesthesia of common laboratory species : special considerations.
- Miller's Anesthesia. 6th ed. v. 1-2, 2005.
- Miller's Anesthesia. 7th ed. v. 1-2, 2010., MD Consult
- Molecular bases of anesthesia 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Monitoring the nervous system for anesthesiologists and other health care professionals 2012, Springer
- Obstetric anesthesia handbook. 5th ed. 2010, Springer
- Pediatric anesthesiology review 2010, SpringerNewborn medicine -- Respiratory system -- Surgery -- Hematology/oncology -- Cardiology -- The musculoskeletal system -- General pediatrics -- Prematurity/extreme prematurity -- Newborn emergencies -- Neuroanesthesia -- Central nervous system/orthopedics -- Otolaryngology -- Head and neck -- Ophthalmology -- Respiratory system -- Cardiac I -- Cardiac II -- Gastrointestinal disease -- Renal -- Genitourinary system -- Bone and connective tissue -- Orthopedics: scoliosis -- Skin/connective tissue/metabolic disease -- Inborn errors of metabolism -- Allergy/immunology -- Infectious diseases -- Neuromuscular disease -- Endocrinopathies -- Transplantation -- Minimally invasive surgery -- Trauma I -- Trauma II -- Regional anesthesia -- Pain management -- Burns -- Anesthesia outside the operating room -- Equipment and monitoring -- Post anesthesia care unit (PACU) -- Critical care.
- Pediatric sedation outside of the operating room 2012, SpringerThe History of Sedation -- Procedural Sedation: Let's Review the Basics - The Pediatrician's Perspective -- Sedation Policies, Recommendations, and Guidelines Across the Specialties and Continents -- Sedation Scales and Discharge Criteria: How Do They Differ? Which One to Choose? Do They Really Apply to Sedation? -- Physiological Monitoring for Procedural Sedation: The Routine and Beyond -- The Pediatric Airway: Anatomy, Challenges, and Solutions -- Pediatric Physiology: How Does it Differ from Adults? -- Pharmacology and Clinical Application of Sedatives, Analgesics, and Adjuncts -- Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics in the Pediatric Population -- Billing and Reimbursement for Sedation Services -- The Pediatric Hospital Medicine Sedation Service: Models, Protocols, and Challenges -- The Anesthesia Directed Sedation Service: Models, Protocols, and Challenges -- Sedation in the Intensive Care Unit: Challenges, Outcomes, and Future Strategies -- Sedation for Pediatric Gastrointestinal Procedures -- Sedation in the Emergency Department: A Complex and Multifactorial Challenge -- Sedation of Pediatric Patients for Dental Procedures -- Pediatric Sedation: The European Experience and Approach -- Pediatric Sedation in the Underdeveloped Third World: An African Perspective: Models, Protocols, and Challenges -- Pediatric Sedatives and the Food and Drug Administration: Challenges, Limitations, and Drugs in Development -- Incidence and Stratification of Adverse Events Associated with Sedation: Is There a Benchmark? -- Medicolegal Risks and Outcomes of Sedation -- Designing a Safe and Reliable Sedation Service: Adopting a Safety Culture -- Intravenous Infusions for Sedation: Rationale, State of the Art, and Future Trends -- Use of Complementary and Alternative Medicine in Pediatric Sedation -- The Future of Pediatric Sedation.
- Perioperative addiction 2012, Springer
- Peripheral nerve blocks. 2nd ed. 2004, Ovid
- Practical handbook of thoracic anesthesia 2012, Springer
- Practical issues in anesthesia and intensive care 2012, Springer
- Suppressing the mind 2010, Springer
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Editor: Jianfang, Zhang
Translated & Donated by Muoi Arnold and Keith Arnold former Stanford faculty