Books by Subject
View by page
- 7.0 Tesla MRI brain atlas in-vivo atlas with cryomacrotome correlation. Second edition. [2nd ed.] — Neuroanatomy-- an illustrated colour text. Fifth edition. [5th ed.] (100)
- Normal ultrasound anatomy of the musculoskeletal system a pratical guide — Visible Human Project January 1987 through March 2007 : 912 citations (25)
- 7.0 Tesla MRI brain atlas in-vivo atlas with cryomacrotome correlation. Second edition. [2nd ed.] 2015SpringerThe inaugural publication of the 7.0 Tesla MRI Brain Atlas: In-vivo Atlas with Cryomacrotome Correlation in 2010 provided readers with a spectacular source of ultra-high resolution images revealing a wealth of details of the brainstem and midbrain structures. This second edition contributes additional knowledge gained as a result of technologic advances and recent research. To facilitate identification and comparison of brain structures and anatomy, a detailed coordination matrix is featured in each image. Updated axial, sagittal, and coronal images are also included. This state-of-the-art and user-friendly reference will provide researchers and clinicians with important new perspectives.
- AccessMedicine Lange Case filesAccessMedicineClinical cases selected from the LANGE Case Files series, edited by Eugene C. Toy, MD.
- Advances in anatomy, embryology and cell biology v. 177-, 2005-Springer
- Anatomic basis of neurologic diagnosis 2009ThiemeDevelopment and developmental disorders -- Neuroembryology -- Regional anatomy and related syndromes -- Peripheral nerves -- Plexuses -- Nerve roots and spinal nerves -- Spinal cord -- Brainstem -- Cranial nerves -- Cerebellum -- Thalamus -- Hypothalamus -- Basal ganglia -- Limbic system -- Cerebral cortex -- System-based anatomy and differential diagnosis -- Somatosensory system -- Visual system -- Auditory system -- Ocular motor system -- Motor system -- Autonomic nervous system -- Consciousness -- Fluid-system anatomy and function -- Vascular system -- Cerebrospinal fluid.
- "This eagerly awaited book offers a unique, comprehensive scientific study of the anatomy of the organ of female sexual pleasure. The authors use macroscopic and microscopic research to guide the reader from the glans, the visible part of the clitoris, where they explore the impressive sensory corpuscles, to the hidden roots of the bulbo-clitoral organ. They show its complexity, its exact location within the external genitalia and its intimate relationship with the urethro-vaginal pyramid. They also remind us that throughout history there has been a failure to understand this organ, and explain that this misunderstanding remains the cause of persistent excisions, criminal mutilating practices that have not yet been eradicated. Using extensive iconography, they demonstrate throughout this book that the bulbo-clitoral organ is an exceptional natural treasure that every woman possesses and that every man should know well."--Publisher's website.
- Anatomical imaging towards a new morphology 2008SpringerHead anatomy of male and female Mongolian gazelle - a striking example of sexual dimorphism / R. Frey ... [et al.] -- Anatomical peculiarities of the vocal tract in felids / G.E. Weissengruber ... [et al.] -- The anatomical foundation for multidisciplinary studies of animal limb function : examples from dinosaur and elephant limb imaging studies / J.R. Hutchinson ... [et al.] -- Locomotion-related femoral trabecular architectures in primates - high resolution computed tomographies and their implications for estimations of locomotor preferences of fossil primates / H. Scherf -- Three-dimensional imaging of the manipulating apparatus in the lesser panda and the giant panda / H. Endo ... [et al.] -- Using CT to peer into the past : 3D visualization of the brain and ear regions of birds, crocodiles, and nonavian dinosaurs / L.M. Witmer ... [et al.] -- Evolutionary morphology of the autonomic cardiac nervous system in non-human primates and humans / T. Kawashima and H. Sasaki.
- Existing anatomy ontologies for human, model organisms and plants -- Anatomical ontologies for model organisms : the fungi and animals / Jonathan Bard -- Plant structure ontology (PSO) : a morphological and anatomical ontology of flowering plants / Katica Ilic, ... [et al.] -- Anatomy for clinical terminology / Alan L. Rector -- The foundational model of anatomy ontology / Cornelius Rosse and José L. V. Mejino, Jr. -- Towards a disease ontology / Paul N. Schofield, Björn Rozell, Georgios V. Gkoutos -- Engineering and linking of anatomy ontologies -- Ontology alignment and merging / Patrick Lambrix, He Tan -- COBrA and COBrA-CT : ontology engineering tools / Stuart Aitken, Yin Chen -- XSPAN : a cross-species anatomy network / Albert Burger, Jonathan Bard -- Searching biomedical literature with anatomy ontologies / Thomas Wächter, ... [et al.] -- Anatomy ontologies and spatio-temporal atlases -- Anatomical ontologies : linking names to places in biology / Richard A. Baldock, Albert Burger -- Time in anatomy / Duncan Davidson -- The Edinburgh mouse atlas / Richard Baldock, Duncan Davidson -- The smart atlas : spatial and semantic strategies for multiscale integration of brain data / Maryann E. Martone, ... [et al.] -- Anatomy ontologies : modelling principles -- Modelling principles and methodologies : relations in anatomical ontologies / Fabian Neuhaus, Barry Smith -- Modeling principles and methodologies : spatial representation and reasoning / Thomas Bittner, ... [et al.] -- CARO : the common anatomy reference ontology / Melissa A. Haendel, ... [et al.]
- Articular cartilage 2013CRCnetBASEArticular cartilage injuries, which are well known for their inability to heal, often degenerate inexplicably to disastrous impairment. Multitudes of treatments have been devised for this problem, but no satisfactory long-term solutions have been established. However, over the past two decades, the swift growth and development of new knowledge and technologies for cartilage formation, pathology and repair have been exciting and inspirational. Written by world-class experts, this book covers all the latest research and clinical applications related to cartilage tissue engineering. The text explores the role of nanotechnology and also provides extensive references at the end of each chapter. Articular cartilage injuries, which are well known for their inability to heal, often degenerate inexplicably to disastrous impairment. Multitudes of treatments have been devised for this problem, but no satisfactory long-term solutions have been established. However, over the past two decades, the swift growth and development of new knowledge and technologies for cartilage formation, pathology and repair have been exciting and inspirational. Written by world-class experts, this book covers all the latest research and clinical applications related to cartilage tissue engineering. The text explores the role of nanotechnology and also provides extensive references at the end of each chapter.
- Atlas of Anatomic Pathology with Imaging - A Correlative Diagnostic Companion is a valuable teaching tool for medical students and residents in several specialities such as pathology, radiology, internal medicine, surgery and neurologic sciences. Its need is all the more urgent given the severe shortcuts in the teaching of anatomic pathology following the decrease in the number of autopsies performed. Many of the images shown in the atlas would not be available without performing autopsies and therefore this atlas is an essential for all those in the field. Atlas of Anatomic Pathology with Imaging - A Correlative Diagnostic Companion is the first to combine gross anatomic pictures of diseases with diagnostic imaging. This unique collection of material consisting of over 2000 illustrations complied by experts from around the world is a valuable diagnostic resource for all medical professionals.
- Atlas of clinical and surgical orbital anatomy. 2nd ed. 2011ClinicalKeyCavernous sinus -- Osteology of the orbit -- Extraocular muscles -- Orbital nerves -- Arterial supply to the orbit -- Venous and lymphatic systems -- Orbital fat and connective tissue symptoms -- The eyelids and anterior orbit -- The lacrimal systems -- Histologic anatomy of the orbit -- Radiographic correlations.
- Atlas of clinical gross anatomy. 2nd ed. 2013ClinicalKeyUses over 500 dissection photos and illustrations to illustrate all the key structures needed to learn in a gross anatomy course. Covers essential surface, gross, and radiologic anatomy concepts through high-quality photos, digital enhancements, and concise text introductions.
- Atlas of functional anatomy for regional anesthesia and pain medicine human structure, ultrastructure and 3D reconstruction images 2015SpringerThis is the first atlas to depict in high-resolution images the fine structure of the spinal canal, the nervous plexuses, and the peripheral nerves in relation to clinical practice. The Atlas of Functional Anatomy for Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine contains more than 1500 images of unsurpassed quality, most of which have never been published, including scanning electron microscopy images of neuronal ultrastructures, macroscopic sectional anatomy, and three-dimensional images reconstructed from patient imaging studies. Each chapter begins with a short introduction on the covered subject but then allows the images to embody the rest of the work; detailed text accompanies figures to guide readers through anatomy, providing evidence-based, clinically relevant information. Beyond clinically relevant anatomy, the book features regional anesthesia equipment (needles, catheters, surgical gloves) and overview of some cutting edge research instruments ℗ℓ(e.g. scanning electron microscopy and transmission electron microscopy).
- Surgery for head neck cancer has evolved greatly in the recent years. Appropriate surgical resection with negative margins still remain corner-stone in achieving good oncological outcome. This atlas proposes a new concept of " The Compartment Surgery " to achieve negative margins in third dimensions which is the problem area in majority of cases. Reconstructive techniques have evolved vastly in the recent years with use of microvascular free flaps and this has significantly improved the functional outcome. Performing each step in appropriate manner cumulatively enables us to perform more complex procedures. Theme of this atlas revolves around this fact. This atlas on head and neck cancers takes a fresh stylistic approach where each surgical procedure is described in a step-wise manner through labeled high-resolution images with minimal incorporation of text. This allows the surgeons to rapidly revise the operative steps of a procedure within minutes just before they start a surgery. Head and neck has multidimensional anatomy and surgical treatment requires specific approach for each subsite. This operative atlas covers the entire spectrum of common, uncommon and rare cancers of the head and neck area. Each subsite is addressed in a separate chapter with further subdivisions for surgery of tumors with varying extent. Each procedure is demonstrated with photographs of each surgical step and line diagrams. Commonly used flaps (regional and free flaps) are demonstrated in separate chapter for reconstruction. With over 1000 images, and coverage of both the ablative and reconstructive surgical procedures, this is a technique-focused atlas in comparison to the available comprehensive texts. There are two chapters on very advanced cancers, and surgery in resource constrained surgical units making the book relevant to a wide range of cancer surgeons and fellows-in-training in varied clinical settings.
- Atlas of human anatomy. Sixth edition [6th ed.] 2014ClinicalKeySection 1. Head and neck -- Section 2. Back and spinal cord -- Section 3. Thorax -- Section 4. Abdomen -- Section 5. Pelvis and perineum -- Section 6. Upper limb -- Section 7. Lower limb.
- Atlas of imaging anatomy 2015SpringerThis book is designed to meet the needs of radiologists and radiographers by clearly depicting the anatomy that is generally visible on imaging studies. It presents the normal appearances on the most frequently used imaging techniques, including conventional radiology, ultrasound, computed tomography, and magnetic resonance imaging. Similarly, all relevant body regions are covered: brain, spine, head and neck, chest, mediastinum and heart, abdomen, gastrointestinal tract, liver, biliary tract, pancreas, urinary tract, and musculoskeletal system. The text accompanying the images describes the normal anatomy in a straightforward way and provides the medical information required in order to understand why we see what we see on diagnostic images. Helpful correlative anatomic illustrations in color have been created by a team of medical illustrators to further facilitate understanding.
- Atlas of lymph node anatomy 2013Springer
- Atlas of muscle innervation zones understanding surface electromyography and its applications 2012SpringerPart 1. Part I. -- Introduction and Applications of Surface EMG -- Basic Concepts Concerning Fields and Potential Distributions of Stationary and Moving Point Sources -- Generation, Propagation, and Extinction of Single-Fiber and Motor Unit Action Potentials -- EMG Imaging: Geometry and Anatomy of the Electrode-Muscle System -- Features of the Single-Channel sEMG Signal -- Features of the Two-Dimensional sEMG Signal: EMG Feature Imaging -- Applications of sEMG in Dynamic Conditions, Ergonomics, Sports, and Obstetrics -- Part 2. Part II. -- Trunk -- Upper Limb -- Lower Limb.
- Atlas of sectional radiological anatomy for PET/CT 2012SpringerHead and Neck -- Thorax -- Abdomen -- Pelvis.
- Basic and applied bone biology 2014ScienceDirectSection 1. Basic bone biology and physiology -- section 2. Assessment of bone structure and function -- section 3. Skeletal adaptation -- section 4. Hormonal and metabolic effects on bone -- section 5. Skeletal disease and treatment.
- Cervical spine. 5th ed. 2012Ovid"This is the most comprehensive spine resource available. It is authored by members of the Cervical Spine Research Society, which is the premier society dealing with cervical spine problems. Cervical spine problems are treated by both neurosurgeons and orthopaedic surgeons. We will have a corresponding web site that will contain the book content plus the basic science content and videos of procedures with some updates"--Provided by publisher.
- Clinical anatomy of the spine, spinal cord, and ANS. 3rd ed. 2014ScienceDirectSurface anatomy of the back and vertebral levels of clinically important structures / Barclay W. Bakkum -- General characteristics of the spine / Gregory D. Cramer -- General anatomy of the spinal cord / Susan A. Darby -- Muscles that influence the spine / Barclay W. Bakkum, Gregory D. Cramer -- The cervical region / Gregory D. Cramer -- The thoracic region / Gregory D. Cramer -- The lumbar region / Gregory D. Cramer -- The sacrum, sacroiliac joint, and coccyx / Gregory D. Cramer, Chae-Song Ro -- Neuroanatomy of the spinal cord / Susan A. Darby, Robert J. Frysztak -- Neuroanatomy of the autonomic nervous system / Susan A. Darby -- Pain of spinal origin / Gregory D. Cramer, Susan A. Darby, Robert J. Frysztak -- Development of the spine and spinal cord / Barclay W. Bakkum, William E. Bachop -- Unique anatomic features of the pediatric spine / Gregory D. Cramer -- Microscopic anatomy of the zygapophysial joints, intervertebral discs, and other major tissues of the back / Gregory D. Cramer, Barclay W. Bakkum.
- This richly illustrated book presents a straightforward non-instrumental method of clinical facial analysis in preparation for aesthetic surgery, orthognathic surgery, and orthodontic treatments. After discussion of various practical aspects of facial examination and photography, analysis of different regions of the face and dentofacial deformities is discussed in a series of detailed chapters. At the end of each of these chapters, multiple-choice checklists are included that will help the reader to perform step-by-step regional analysis. Important features of the book are its multidisciplinary approach and the emphasis placed on the relationship between different parts of the face. This second edition has been thoroughly updated and includes a new chapter on recording and documentation relating specifically to aesthetic facial surgery.
- Clinical neuroanatomy and neuroscience. 6th ed. 2012ClinicalKeyClinical Neuroanatomy and Neuroscience by Drs. M.J.T. FitzGerald, Gregory Gruener, and Estomih Mtui, already known as the most richly illustrated book available to help you through the complexity of neuroscience, brings you improved online resources with this updated edition. You'll find the additional content on Student Consult includes one detailed tutorial for each chapter, 200 USMLE Step I questions, and MRI 3-plane sequences. With clear visual images and concise discussions accompanying the text's 30 case studies, this reference does an impressive job of integrating clinical neuroanatomy with the clinical application of neuroscience. Aid your comprehension of this challenging subject by viewing more than 400 explanatory illustrations drawn by the same meticulous artists who illustrated Gray's Anatomy for Students. Get a complete picture of different disorders such as Alzheimer's disease and brain tumors by reading about the structure, function, and malfunction of each component of the nervous system. Grasp new concepts effortlessly with this book's superb organization that arranges chapters by anatomical area and uses Opening Summaries, Study Guidelines, Core Information Boxes, Clinical Panels, and 23 "flow diagrams," to simplify the integration of information. Use this unique learning tool to help you through your classes and prep for your exams, and know that these kind of encompassing tutorials are not usually available for self-study.
- "Connections define the functions of neurons: information flows along connections, as well as growth factors and viruses, and even neuronal death may progress through connections. Knowledge of how the various parts of the brain are interconnected to form functional systems is a prerequisite for the proper understanding of data from all fields in the neurosciences. Clinical Neuroanatomy: Brain Circuitry and Its Disorders bridges the gap between neuroanatomy and clinical neurology. It emphasizes human and primate data in the context of disorders of brain circuitry which are so common in neurological practice. In addition, numerous clinical cases demonstrate how normal brain circuitry may be interrupted and to what effect. Following an introduction into the organization and vascularisation of the human brain and the techniques to study brain circuitry, the main neurofunctional systems are discussed, including the somatosensory, auditory, visual, motor, antonomic and limbic systems, the cerebral cortex and complex cerebral functions."--Publisher's website.
- Color atlas and textbook of human anatomy. Vol. 1-3. 5th ed. 2008Thieme Bookv. 1. Locomotor system / by Werner Platzer -- v.2: Internal organs / Helga Fritsch and Wolfgang Kuehnel. -- v. 3. Nervous system and sensory organs / by Werner Kahle, Michael Frotscher.
- The body -- Tissues -- General features of the skeleton -- General features of the muscles -- Anatomical terms and their Latin equivalents -- Trunk -- Anatomical terms and their Latin equivalents -- Bones, ligaments and joints -- Muscles, fascias, and special features -- Anatomical terms and their Latin equivalents -- Bones, ligaments, joints -- Muscles, fascias, and special features -- Anatomical terms and their Latin equivalents -- Skull -- Muscles and fascias -- Anatomical terms and their Latin equivalents -- Head and neck -- Upper limb -- Trunk -- Lower limb -- Anatomical terms and their Latin equivalents.
- Color atlas of human anatomy. Volume 2, Internal organs. 5th ed. 2008Thieme Bookv. 1. Locomotor system / by Werner Platzer -- v.2: Internal organs / Helga Fritsch and Wolfgang Kuehnel. -- v. 3. Nervous system and sensory organs / by Werner Kahle, Michael Frotscher.
- Color atlas of human anatomy. Volume 3, Nervous system and sensory organs. 6th rev. ed. 2010Thieme BookBasic elements of the nervous system -- Spinal cord and spinal nerves -- Brain stem and cranial nerves -- Cerebellum -- Diencephalon -- Telencephalon -- Cerebrovascular and ventricular sytstems -- Autonomic nervous system -- Functional systems -- The eye -- The ear.
- Color atlas of ultrasound anatomy. 2nd ed. 2012Thieme BookThis pocket guide helps you to grasp the connection between three-dimensional organ systems and their two-dimensional representation in ultrasound imaging. Through dynamic illustrations and clarifying text, it allows you to: recognize, name, and confidently locate all organs, landmarks, and anatomical details of the abdomen; examine all standard planes, including transverse and longitudinal scans for regions of sonographic interest (including the thyroid gland); understand topographic relationships of organs and structures in all three spatial planes. This text is ideal for the beginner, providing a rapid orientation to all key topics. It includes: over 250 fully labeled image quartets, each showing: the preferred location of the transducer on the body; the resulting image; a labeled drawing of the image, keyed to anatomic structures; and a small 3-D drawing showing the location of the scanning plane in the organ. Body markers with information on transducer handling and positioning for each sonogra; over 250 rules of thumb and key concepts; all relevant landmarks, measurable parameters, and normal values.
- Comparative anatomy and histology-- a mouse and human atlas. 1st ed. 2012ScienceDirect1. Introduction / Piper M. Treuting, Suzanne M. Dintzis, Kathleen S. Montine -- 2. Phenotyping / Cory Brayton, Piper M. Treuting -- 3. Necropsy and Histology / Sue Knoblaugh, Julie Randolph-Habecker, Steve Rath -- 4. Mammary Gland / Robert D. Cardiff, Kimberly H. Allison -- 5. Skeletal System / Christopher Jerome, Benjamin Hoch -- 6. Nose, Sinus, Pharynx, and Larynx / Jack R. Harkema, Stephan A. Carey, James G. Wagner, Suzanne M. Dintzis, Denny Liggitt -- 7. Oral Cavity and Teeth / Piper M. Treuting, Thomas H. Morton Jr. -- 8. Salivary Glands / Piper M. Treuting, Suzanne M. Dintzis -- 9. Respiratory / Carlos Jose Suarez, Suzanne M. Dintzis, Charles W. Frevert -- 10. Cardiovascular / Michael A. Laflamme, Manu M. Sebastian, Bernard S. Buetow -- 11. Upper Gastrointestinal Tract / Piper M. Treuting, Mark A. Valasek, Suzanne M. Dintzis -- 12. Lower Gastrointestinal Tract / Piper M. Treuting, Suzanne M. Dintzis -- 13. Liver and Gallbladder / Arlin B. Rogers, Renee Z. Dintzis -- 14. Pancreas / Suzanne M. Dintzis, Denny Liggitt -- 15. Endocrine System / Krista Marie DuBray La Perle, C. Diana Jordan -- 16. Urinary System / Piper M. Treuting, Jolanta Kowalewska -- 17. Female Reproductive System / Mara H. Rendi, Atis Muehlenbachs, Rochelle L. Garcia, Kelli L. Boyd -- 18. Male Reproductive System / Sue Knoblaugh, Lawrence True -- 19. Hematopoietic and Lymphoid Tissues / Michael Linden, Jerrold M. Ward, Sindhu Cherian -- 20. Nervous System / Catherine E. Hagan, Brad Bolon, C. Dirk Keene -- 21. Special Senses: Eye / Piper M. Treuting, Rachel Wong, Daniel C. Tu, Isabella Phan -- 22. Special Senses: Ear / Piper M. Treuting, Suzanne M. Dintzis -- 23. Skin and Adnexa / John P. Sundberg, Lillian B. Nanney, Philip Fleckman, Lloyd E. King.
- Comparative medicine-- anatomy and physiology 2014SpringerThis new volume provides a concise overview of the most basic and exciting chapters of comparative medicine with regards to physiology and function in healthy individuals. The book includes core concepts in anatomy and physiology in human and animal models, which are key to understanding comparative medicine and to making contributions to research in this area. While writing this book, the authors were in constant interdisciplinary dialogue. They aim to contribute to improvements in quality of life for human and animal patients.
- Comparative skeletal anatomy a photographic atlas for medical examiners, coroners, forensic anthropologists, and archaeologists 2008Springer
- Comprehensive anatomy of motor functions 2014SpringerIntroduction -- Basic Notions on Mobility Function -- Introduction -- Components of Motor Apparatus -- Command and Control -- Spinal Functions -- Introduction -- Spinal Stabilization -- Cervical Spine and the Eye/Head Servomechanism -- Thoracic Spine and Respiratory Dynamics -- Thoracic Spine and Respiratory Dynamics -- Locomotion -- Introduction -- The Two Aspects of Locomotion -- Prehension -- Introduction -- Wrist/Hand Complex -- Humero-Radio-Ulnar Complex -- Cleido-Scapulo-Humeral Complex -- Conclusion -- Eye Mobility -- Introduction -- Three Specific Features Important to Understand -- Conclusion -- Facial Mimic -- Introduction -- Facial Superior Orbital Floor -- Facial Inferior Buccal Floor -- Masticatory Function -- Introduction -- Movements of TMJ -- Control of Mandibular Posture -- Speaking and Swallowing -- Introduction -- The Aero-Digestive Cross Way -- Swallowing -- Phonation -- Bladder and Rectum Incontinences -- Introduction -- Technical Problems and Solutions -- Command and Control -- Ejaculation and Orgasm -- Introduction -- Technical Problems af Copulation -- Motor Of Inference: The Orgasm -- Conclusions.
- Cone Beam CT of the Head and Neck' presents normal anatomy of the head using photographs of cadavers and CBCT images in sagittal, axial and coronal planes with the anatomic structures and landmarks clearly labelled. Important structures and regions are presented in detailed view. This is the first book with photographs of human tissue (based on slicing of cadaveric heads) combined with CBCT images.
- Chapter 1. Peculiarities of connective tissue histophysiology, biochemistry and molecular biology -- Chapter 2. Cellular elements of connective tissue -- Chapter 3. Extracellular matrix of connective tissue. Histophysiology, biochemistry and molecular biology -- Chapter 4. Regulation of connective tissue metabolic functions -- Chapter 5. Biochemical and molecular mechanisms and manifestations of connective tissue ageing -- Chapter 6. Bone : an organ of the support and locomotor apparatus containing all types of connective tissue -- Chapter 7. Cartilage-cartilaginous tissue : structural, biochemical and molecular biological characteristics -- Chapter 8. Bone tissue : the structural-functional, biochemical and biomolecular characteristics of its components -- Chapter 9. Biochemical characteristics of synovial membrane and synovia -- Chapter 10. Molecular biological and biochemical regularities of connective tissue structures ontogenesis.
- Craniofacial muscles a new framework for understanding the effector side of craniofacial muscle control 2013SpringerOf the approximately 640 muscles in the human body, over 10% of them are found in the craniofacial region. The craniofacial muscles are involved in a number of crucial non-locomotor activities, and are critical to the most basic functions of life, including vision, taste, chewing and food manipulation, swallowing, respiration, speech, as well as regulating facial expression and controlling facial aperture patency. Despite their importance, the biology of these small skeletal muscles is relatively unexplored. Only recently have we begun to understand their unique embryonic development and the genes that control it and characteristic features that separate them from the skeletal muscle stereotype.This book is the most comprehensive reference to date on craniofacial muscle development, structure, function, and disease. It details the state-of-the-art basic science of the craniofacial muscles, and describes their unique response to major neuromuscular conditions. Most importantly, the text highlights how the craniofacial muscles are different from most skeletal muscles, and why they have been viewed as a distinct allotype. In addition, the text points to major gaps in our knowledge about these very important skeletal muscles and identified key gaps in our knowledge and areas primed for further study and discovery.
- Dentate gyrus a comprehensive guide to structure function and clinical implications 2007ScienceDirect
- Duvernoy's Atlas of the human brain stem and cerebellum high-field MRI: surface anatomy, internal structure, vascularization and 3D sectional anatomy 2009Springer
- Elsevier's integrated anatomy and embryology 2007ClinicalKeyIntroduction to anatomical terminology, basic anatomical concepts, and early embryonic stages -- Introduction to the peripheral nervous system -- The back -- The thorax -- The abdomen -- Posterior abdominal wall -- Pelvis and perineum -- Lower limb -- Upper limb -- Head and neck.
- Survey -- Cavum nasi and fossa pterygopalatina -- Sinus sphenoidalis and fossa pterygopalatina -- Tuba auditiva (eustachii) -- Pyramis (petrous bone, pars petrosa plus pars tympanica) -- Clivus area and pars condylaris -- Special surgical aspects examples.
- The primary nose and palate in evolution -- The primary nose and palate in human embryo development -- Parallels between evolution and development of the nose -- The seemingly simple formation of the secondary palate and nose in the human embryo -- The complex formation of the secondary palate and nose in evolution -- A theory of secondary palate formation -- Primary and secondary palates : primary and secondary nasal fossae -- Olfactory and respiratory nasal fossae -- Is the human ethmoid labyrinth a sinus? -- Understanding the anatomy of the human nose -- Formation of the paranasal air sinues -- The nose in midface development -- Reminder of the normal embryologic development of the human brain -- Phylogenetic origins of the visual and olfactory organs -- Lessons from midface malformations associated to holoprosencephaly -- The evo-devo scenario of nose and midface formation -- A help to teaching anatomy -- Medical hypothesis and perspectives -- Evolutionary and develomental (evo-devo) medicine.
- Gray's Anatomy for students. Third edition [3rd ed.] 2015ClinicalKeyAnatomy texts just don't get any better than Gray's Anatomy for Students! Now in its 3rd edition, this completely revised medical textbook continues its focus on just the core information you need for your anatomy courses, presenting everything in an easy-to-read, visually appealing format that facilitates study. Obtain reliable, accessible coverage of everything you will learn in your contemporary anatomy classes with expert knowledge from a team of authors who share a wealth of diverse teaching and clinical experience.Easily locate and remember specific structures. More than 1,000 innovative, original illustrations by renowned illustrators Richard Tibbitts and Paul Richardson capture anatomical features with unrivalled clarity.Understand the practical applications of anatomical concepts through unique coverage of surface anatomy, correlative diagnostic images, and clinical case studies.Expedite the review of basic concepts from each chapter with Conceptual Overviews.
- Gray's Anatomy-- the anatomical basis of clinical practice. 40th ed., anniversary ed. 2008ClinicalKeyA universal landmark in medicine ever since Drs. Henry Gray and H.V. Carter published the first edition in 1858, Gray's Anatomy now celebrates its 150th anniversary! From state-of-the-art coverage of important new areas such as functional neuroimaging, embryogenesis, and biomechanics ... through a comprehensively revamped, lavish full-color art program ... as well as convenient access to the complete contents online, with downloadable illustrations, the new 40th Edition sets a new world standard for accuracy, clarity, and clinical relevance. It is THE place to turn when you want to be sure about the anatomical considerations that pertain to safe and effective practice. You'll find it an invaluable clinical resource, a pleasure to consult, and a reference that you'll be proud to have on your shelf. Fastidious editing by an esteemed group of clinicians and anatomists, with support from hundreds of contributors and specialist reviewers worldwide, ensures the most detailed and dependable coverage of anatomy available anywhere, including in-depth information on normal variants. A regional organization collects all relevant material on each body area together in one place, for easy clinical reference.
- Gray's Atlas of anatomy. Second edition [2nd ed.] 2015ClinicalKeyGray's Atlas of Anatomy, the companion resource to the popular Gray's Anatomy for Students, presents a vivid, visual depiction of anatomical structures. Newly updated with a wealth of material to facilitate study, this medical textbook demonstrates the correlation of structures with appropriate clinical images and surface anatomy - essential for proper identification in the dissection lab and successful preparation for course exams. Clinically focused, consistently and clearly illustrated throughout, and logically organized, Gray's Atlas of Anatomy makes it easier than ever to master the essential anatomy knowledge you need! Build on your existing anatomy knowledge with structures presented from a superficial to deep orientation, representing a logical progression through the body.Identify the various anatomical structures of the body and better understand their relationships to each other with the visual guidance of nearly 1,000 exquisitely illustrated anatomical figures.Visualize the clinical correlation between anatomical structures and surface landmarks with surface anatomy photographs overlaid with anatomical drawings.Recognize anatomical structures as they present in practice through more than 270 clinical images - including laparoscopic, radiologic, surgical, ophthalmoscopic, otoscopic, and other clinical views - placed adjacent to anatomic artwork for side-by-side comparison.
- Gray's Basic anatomy 2012ClinicalKeyGray's Basic Anatomy equips you with all the essential anatomy information you need to know, in half the length of the original Gray's Anatomy for Students! This new medical textbook lets you study efficiently while being confident in your mastery of the most important anatomical concepts. See the clinical implications with ""Clinical Apps, "" ""Imaging Apps, "" and surface anatomy boxes throughout. Get a clear picture with carefully selected illustrations that are easy to learn from, modern in design, and concisely labeled. Access a wealth of ancillary mate.
- Gray's Clinical Neuroanatomy focuses on how knowing functional neuroanatomy is essential for a solid neurologic background for patient care in neurology. Elliot Mancall, David Brock, Susan Standring and Alan Crossman present the authoritative guidance of Gray's Anatomy along with 100 clinical cases to highlight the relevance of anatomical knowledge in this body area and illustrate the principles of localization. Master complex, detailed, and difficult areas of anatomy with confidence. View illustrations from Gray's Anatomy and radiographs that depict this body area in thorough anatomical detail. Apply the principles of localization thanks to 100 brief case studies that highlight key clinical conditions. Tap into the anatomical authority of Gray's Anatomy for high quality information from a name you trust. Presents the guidance and expertise of a high profile team of authors and top clinical and academic contributors.
- Gray's Clinical photographic dissector of the human body 2012ClinicalKeyGray's Clinical Photographic Dissector of the Human Body, by Drs. Marios Loukas, Brion Benninger, and R. Shane Tubbs, helps you take a clinical approach to the study of anatomy. This unique dissection guide uses full-color photographs rather than anatomical drawings to orient you more quickly in the lab, and points out the clinical significance of each structure and every dissection you make. You will also find valuable information on several emergency procedures used today to further reinforce the clinical correlations.
- Gross anatomy the big picture 2011AccessMedicineBack -- Thorax -- Abdomen, Pelvis and Perineum -- Head -- Neck -- Upper Limb -- Lower Limb.
- Gross and developmental anatomy. 3rd ed. 2010ClinicalKeyBack -- Thorax -- Abdomen -- Pelvis and perineum -- Lower extremity -- Upper extremity -- Neck -- Head.
- pt. 1. Tools and techniques in anthropometry : general methods -- pt. 2. Tools and techniques in anthropometry : water, hydration and surface area -- pt. 3. Tools and techniques in anthropometry : muscle -- pt. 4. Tools and techniques in anthropometry : adipose tissue, other compartments and relationships -- pt. 5. Regions and anatomical areas of the body : head and face -- pt. 6. Regions and anatomical areas of the body : limbs, extremities and bones -- pt. 7. Regions and anatomical areas of the body : joints and digits -- pt. 8. Regions and anatomical areas of the body : abdominal and trunk regions -- pt. 9. Regions and anatomical areas of the body : sensory organs -- pt. 10. Regions and anatomical areas of the body : internal organs, other tissues and regions -- pt. 11. Anthropometry of pregnancy : prenatal and postnatal aspects -- pt. 12. Anthropometry of infants and children -- pt. 13. Anthropometry of puberty and adolescence in health and disease -- pt. 14. Anthropometry of middle-aged and aged in health and disease -- pt. 15. Anthropometry in genetic disease and polymorphisms -- pt. 16. Anthropometry in cancer -- pt. 17. Anthropometry in exercise and sport activities -- pt. 18. Anthropometry in metabolic disease and obesity -- pt. 19. Anthropometry in diabetes -- pt. 20. Anthropometry in cardiovascular disease -- pt. 21. Anthropometry in organ disease -- pt. 22. Anthropometry in special conditions and circumstances -- pt. 23. Anthropometry in ethnic groups and cultural and geographical diversity -- pt. 24. Anthropometry and nutrition : general aspects -- pt. 25. Anthropometry and nutrition : micro- and macro-nutrients -- pt. 26. Biomechanical and ergonomic aspects.
- Heart of Leonardo 2013SpringerLeonardo's heart studies represent the pinnacle of his anatomical endeavours. They integrate structural form and dynamic function in a way that called upon his extensive experience and knowledge of hydrology, engineering, mathematics and architectural design. In his work on the heart, his use of ingenious diagrams as well as detailed representational drawings is cleverly combined with carefully crafted verbal descriptions of complicated physiological concepts. Some of which, developed through drawing, wereso advanced that only now with the advent of accessible technology and advances in modern knowledge of the heart, it is possible to re-interpret his conclusions and reveal how accurate his logical reasoning and pure observation really was. Several of his ideas continue to sit well alongside our modern understanding of cardiac physiology and heart function. This book features all 64 of Leonardo's drawings on the heart and its physiology, accompanied by translations of his accompanying notes.
- Hinman's Atlas of urosurgical anatomy. 2nd ed. 2012ClinicalKeyVenous system -- Lymphatic system -- Peripheral nervous system -- Skin -- Gastrointestinal tract -- Anterolateral body wall -- Posterolateral and posterior body wall -- Inguinal region -- Pelvis -- Perineum -- Organs -- Kidney, ureter, and adrenal glands -- Bladder, ureterovesical junction, and rectum -- Prostate and urethral sphincters -- Female genital tract and urethra -- Penis and male urethra -- Testis.
- Hippocampus in clinical neuroscience 2014KargerAnatomy of the hippocampal formation / Schultz, C.; Engelhardt, M. -- Structure and vascularization of the human hippocampus / Tatu, L.; Vuillier, F. -- Coordinated network activity in the hippocampus / Draguhn, A.; Keller, M.; Reichinnek, S. -- What animals can teach clinicians about the hippocampus / Lavenex, P.; Banta Lavenex, P.; Favre, G. -- Memory function and the hippocampus / Opitz, B. -- Neuropsychological measures of hippocampal function / Wicking, M.; Nees, F.; Steiger, F. -- Conventional and diffusion-weighted MRI of the hippocampus / Szabo, K.; Forster, A.; Gass, A. -- Functional MRI studies of the hippocampus / Nees, F.; Pohlack, S.T. -- The hippocampus in neurodegenerative disease / Moodley, K.K.; Chan, D. -- Stress, memory, and the hippocampus / Wingenfeld, K.; Wolf, O.T. -- Epilepsy and the hippocampus / Chatzikonstantinou, A. -- Transient global amnesia / Szabo, K. -- Hippocampal stroke / Szabo, K.
- Human anatomy color atlas and textbook. 5th ed. 2008ClinicalKey, TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE, 3RD TIME. PUBLISHER NOTIFIED APRIL 23, 2015.
- Human brain : an introduction to its functional anatomy. 6th ed. 2009ClinicalKey
- Human central nervous system. 4th ed. 2008SpringerOrientation -- Development -- Gross anatomy -- Blood supply, meninges and cerebrospinal fluid circulation -- Brain slices -- Topography of spinal cord, brain stem and cerebellum -- Diencephalon: introduction and epithalamus -- Diencephalon: dorsal thalamus -- Diencephalon: ventral thalamus or subthalamus -- Diencephalon: hypothalamus -- Telencephalon: introduction and olfactory system -- Telencephalon: hippocampus and related structures -- Telencephalon: amygdala and claustrum -- Telencephalon: basal ganglia -- Telencephalon: neocortex -- General sensory systems and taste -- Vestibular system -- Auditory system -- Visual system -- Cerebellum -- Motor systems -- Reticular formation and the monoaminergic and cholinergic cell groups -- Greater limbic system.
- Human hippocampus functional anatomy, vascularization, and serial sections with MRI. 4th ed. 2013SpringerThis new edition, like previous ones, offers a precise description of the anatomy of the human hippocampus based upon neurosurgical progress and the wealth of medical imaging methods available. The first part describes the fine structures of the hippocampus and is illustrated with new original figures. A survey is then provided of current concepts explaining the functions of the hippocampus, and the external and internal hippocampal vascularization is precisely described. The last and main part of the book presents serial sections in coronal, sagittal, and axial planes; each section is accompanied by a drawing to explain the MR 3T images. The new edition is also enriched by several MRI views of major hippocampal diseases. This comprehensive atlas of human hippocampal anatomy will be of interest to all neuroscientists, including neurosurgeons, neuroradiologists, and neurologists.
- Human osteology & skeletal radiology an atlas and guide 2005CRCnetBASE
- Last's Anatomy regional and applied. 12th ed. 2011ClinicalKeyUpper limb -- Lower limb -- Thorax -- Abdomen -- Head and neck and spine -- Central nervous system -- Osteology of the skull and hyoid bone.
- Systemic review -- Skeleton -- Muscles -- Arteries -- Veins -- Nerves -- Dermatomes -- Cross-sections of the human body -- Head, neck, and brain -- Skull -- Skull bones -- Neck -- Root of the neck -- Face -- Temporal and infratemporal fossae -- Infratemporal fossa -- Deep infratemporal fossa -- Pharynx -- Larynx -- Cranial cavity -- Eye -- Nose -- Nose and tongue -- Ear -- Brain -- Cranial nerves -- Clinical thumbnails -- Vertebral column and spinal cord -- Vertebral column overview -- Back and shoulder -- Vertebrae -- Sacrum -- Sacrum and coccyx -- Bony pelvis -- Vertebral ossification -- Vertebral column and spinal cord -- Surface anatomy of the back -- Muscles of the back -- Sub-occipital triangle -- Vertebral radiographs -- Clinical thumbnails -- Upper limb -- Upper limb overview -- Upper limb bones -- Shoulder -- Axilla -- Arm -- Elbow -- Forearm -- Hand -- Wrist and hand radiographs -- Clinical thumbnails -- Thorax -- Thorax overview -- Thoracic bones -- Thoracic wall surface markings and breast -- Breast -- Thoracic wall and surface markings -- Thoracic wall -- Thoracic viscera -- Heart -- Mediastinum -- Mediastinal imaging -- Lungs -- Superior mediastinum -- Superior mediastinum and thoracic inlet -- Superior thoracic aperture (thoracic inlet) -- Posterior mediastinum -- Intercostal nerves and thoracic joints -- Aorta and associated vessels -- Diaphragm -- Oesophageal imaging -- Clinical thumbnails -- Abdomen and pelvis -- Abdomen overview -- Anterior abdominal wall -- Male pelvis -- Inguinal region -- Upper abdomen -- Intestinal imaging -- Liver -- Gall bladder imaging -- Spleen -- Spleen and intestines -- Intestines -- Small intestine -- Kidneys and suprarenal glands -- Kidneys and kidney imaging -- Diaphragm and posterior abdominal wall -- Posterior abdominal and pelvic walls -- Pelvic walls -- Male inguinal region, external genitalia -- Male pelvis -- Pelvic vessels and nerves -- Pelvic ligaments -- Female pelvis -- Female perineum -- Male perineum -- Clinical thumbnails -- Lower limb -- Lower limb overview -- Lower limb bones -- Foot bones -- Foot and ankle bones -- Ankle bones -- Development of lower limb bones -- Gluteal region -- Thigh -- Front of thigh -- Hip joint -- Knee -- Knee radiographs -- Leg -- Ankle and foot -- Foot -- Ankle and foot imaging -- Clinical thumbnails -- Lymphatics -- Lymphatic system -- Lymphangiography -- Thymus -- Chest -- Palatine tonsils -- Neck -- Thoracic duct -- Right anilla -- Cisterna chyli and thoracic duct -- Female pelvis -- Gross lymphadenopathy of the pelvis -- Thigh and superficial inguinal lymph nodes -- Clinical thumbnails.
- McMinn's Color atlas of foot and ankle anatomy. 4th ed. 2012ClinicalKeyBari M. Logan and Ralph T. Hutchings, uses phenomenal images of dissections, osteology, and radiographic and surface anatomy to provide you with a perfect grasp of all the lower limb structures you are likely to encounter in practice or in the anatomy lab. You'll have an unmatched view of muscles, nerves, skeletal structures, blood supply, and more, plus new, expanded coverage of regional anesthesia injection sites and lymphatic drainage. Unlike the images found in most other references, all of these illustrations are shown at life size to ensure optimal visual comprehension. It's an ideal resource for clinical reference as well as anatomy lab and exam preparation! Easily correlate anatomy with clinical practice through 200 high-quality illustrations, many life-sized, including dissection photographs, skeletal illustrations, surface anatomy photos, and radiologic images. Reinforce your understanding of each dissection with notes and commentaries, and interpret more complex images with the aid of explanatory artwork. Efficiently review a wealth of practical, high-yield information with appendices on skin, arteries, muscles, and nerves. Administer nerve blocks accurately and effectively with the aid of a new chapter on regional anesthesia.
- McMinn's Color atlas of head and neck anatomy Bari M. Logan, Patricia A. Reynolds ; original photography by Ralph T. Hutchings.. 4th ed. 2010ClinicalKeySkull and skull bone articulations -- Sect: Skull -- Bones of the skull -- Skull bone articulations -- Fetal skull -- Cervical vertebrae and neck -- Sect: Cervical vertebrae -- Other bones -- Neck -- Face, orbit and eye -- Sect: Face -- Orbit and eye -- Nose, oral region, ear and larynx -- Sect: Nose and paranasal sinuses -- Mouth, palate and pharynx -- Ear -- Larynx -- Cranial cavity and brain -- Sect: Cranial cavity -- Brain -- Radiographs -- Sect: Radiographs.
- MDCT anatomy body 2011SpringerLungs and Interstitial Network -- Airways -- Pulmonary Arteries and Veins -- Aorta and Supra-aortic Trunks -- Bronchial Arteries and Vena Cava -- Pleura and Pericardium -- Mediastinal Compartments, Lymphatic System, and Esophagus -- Heart and Coronary Arteries -- Chest Wall -- Diaphragm and Abdominal and Pelvic Walls -- Peritoneal Cavity -- Splanchnic Arteries -- Iliac Arteries and Abdominal Aorta -- Renal Arteries -- Inferior Vena Caval System -- Venous Portal Circle -- Abdominal Lymphatic System -- Gastroduodenal Tract -- Small Intestine -- Colon -- Liver -- Biliary System -- Spleen -- Extraperitoneal Spaces -- Pancreas -- Adrenal Glands -- Kidneys and Ureters -- Urinary Bladder -- Bony Pelvis -- Muscular Pelvis and Pelvic Floor -- Pelvic Space -- Female Pelvis: Uterus, Ovaries, and Ligaments -- Prostate and Seminal Vescicles.
- Medical imaging of normal and pathologic anatomy 2010ClinicalKey
- Molecular parameters indicating adaptation to mechanical stress in fibrous connective tissue 2005Springer
- Mortality and maldevelopment 2007Springerpt. 1. Congenital cardiovascular malformations.
- Mouse nervous system 2012ScienceDirectThe Mouse Nervous System provides a comprehensive account of the central nervous system of the mouse. The book is aimed at molecular biologists who need a book that introduces them to the anatomy of the mouse brain and spinal cord, but also takes them into the relevant details of development and organization of the area they have chosen to study. The Mouse Nervous System offers a wealth of new information for experienced anatomists who work on mice. The book serves as a valuable resource for researchers and graduate students in neuroscience. * Visualization of brain white matter anatomy via 3D diffusion tensor imaging contrasts enhances relationship of anatomy to function * Systematic consideration of the anatomy and connections of all regions of brain and spinal cord by the authors of the most cited rodent brain atlases * A major section (12 chapters) on functional systems related to motor control, sensation, and behavioral and emotional states, * Full segmentation of 170120+ brain regions more clearly defines structure boundaries than previous point-and-annotate anatomical labeling, and connectivity is mapped in a way not provided by traditional atlases A detailed analysis of gene expression during development of the forebrain by Luis Puelles, the leading researcher in this area. * Full coverage of the role of gene expression during development, and the new field of genetic neuroantomy using site-specific recombinases * Examples of the use of mouse models in the study of neurological illness.
- Musculoskeletal imaging. 2nd edition. 2015ClinicalKey
- Section 1. Development of the genital tracts and functional relationships of the gonads -- section 2. The penis and male perineum -- section 3. The scrotum and testis -- section 4. The seminal vesicles and prostate -- section 5. Sperm and ejaculation -- section 6. The vulva -- section 7. The vagina -- section 8. The uterus and cervix -- section 9. The fallopian tubes -- section 10. The ovaries -- section 11. The ovum and reproduction -- section 12. Pregnancy -- section 13. The breast.
- Section 1. Pituitary and hypothalamus -- section 2. Thyroid -- section 3. Adrenal -- section 4. Reproduction -- section 5. Pancreas -- section 6. Bone and calcium -- section 7. Lipids and nutrition -- section 8. Genetics and endocrine neoplasia.
- Section 1. Anatomy and embryology -- section 2. Physiology -- section 3. Diagnostic procedures -- section 4. Diseases and pathology -- section 5. Therapies and therapeutic procedures.
- Anatomy, Physiology, and Embryology -- Benign Growths -- Malignant Growths -- Rashes -- Autoimmune Blistering Diseases -- Infectious Diseases -- Hair and Nail Diseases -- Nutritional and Metabolic Diseases -- Genodermatoses and Syndromes.
- Section 1: Anatomy of the Urinary Tract -- Section 2: Normal and Abnormal Development -- Section 3: Physiology -- Section 4: Renal Diseases -- Section 5: Urinary Tract Infections -- Section 6: Urinary Tract Obstructions -- Section 7: Traumatic Injuries -- Section 8: Voiding Dysfunction -- Section 9: Neoplasms -- Section 10: Therapeutics.
- Netter collection of medical illustrations. Volume 6, Musculoskeletal system. Part I, Upper limb 2013ClinicalKeySection 1. Shoulder -- Section 2. Upper arm and elbow -- Section 3. Forearm and wrist -- Section 4. Hand and finger.
- Netter collection of medical illustrations. Volume 6, Musculoskeletal system. Part II, Spine and lower limb a compilation of paintings. 2nd ed. 2013ClinicalKeySection 1: Spine -- Section 2: Pelvis, Hip, and Thigh -- Section 3: Knee -- Section 4: Lower Leg -- Section 5: Ankle and Foot.
- Netter collection of medical illustrations. Volume 6, Musculoskeletal system. Part III, Biology and systemic diseases. 2nd ed. 2013ClinicalKeySection 1. Embryology -- section 2. Physiology -- section 3. Metabolic diseases -- section 4. Congenital and developmental disorders -- section 5. Rheumatic diseases -- section 6. Tumors of musculoskeletal system -- section 7. Injury to musculoskeletal system -- section 8. Soft tissue infections -- section 9. Complications of fracture.
- Netter collection of medical illustrations. Volume 7, Nervous system. Part 1, Brain. 2nd ed. 2013ClinicalKeySection 1: Normal and Abnormal Development -- Section 2: Cerebral Cortex and Neurocognitive Disorders -- Section 3: Epilepsy -- Section 4: Psychiatry -- Section 5: Hypothalamus, Pituitary, Sleep, and Thalamus -- Section 6: Disorders of Consciousness (Coma) -- Section 7: Basal Ganglia and Movement Disorders -- Section 8: Cerebellum and Ataxia -- Section 9: Cerebrovascular Circulation and Stroke -- Section 10: Multiple Sclerosis and Other Central Nervous System Autoimmune Disorders -- Section 11: Infections of the Nervous System -- Section 12: Neuro-Oncology -- Section 13: Headache -- Section 14: Head Trauma.
- Netter collection of medical illustrations. Volume 7, Nervous system. Part II, Spinal cord and peripheral motor and sensory systems. 2nd ed. 2013ClinicalKeySection 1: Cranial Nerve and Neuro-Ophthalmologic Disorders -- Section 2: Spinal Cord: Anatomy and Myelopathies -- Section 3: Spinal Trauma -- Section 4: Nerve Roots and Plexus Disorders -- Section 5: Mononeuropathies -- Section 6: Peripheral Neuropathies -- Section 7: Autonomic Nervous System and Its Disorders -- Section 8: Pain -- Section 9: Floppy Infant -- Section 10: Motor Neuron and Its Disorders -- Section 11: Neuromuscular Junction and Its Disorders -- Section 12: Muscle and Its Disorders.
- Netter's Correlative imaging. Abdominal and pelvic anatomy 2013ClinicalKey"Visualize normal anatomy of the abdomen and pelvis like never before with Netter's Correlative Imaging: Abdominal and Pelvic Anatomy. This outstanding radiology reference from Dr. Drew A. Torigian and Dr. Mary Kitazono Hammell features beautiful and instructive Netter paintings and illustrated cross-sections created in the Netter style, presented side by side with high-quality patient MR images to help you envision and review both gastrointestinal and genitourinary anatomy section by section."--Publisher's website.
- Netter's Atlas of neuroscience. 2nd ed. 2010ClinicalKey"Netters Atlas of Neuroscience, by David L. Felten and Anil N. Shetty, is an atlas and textbook that combines nearly 400 illustrations and radiologic images highlighting key neuroanatomical concepts and clinical correlations with updated information that reflects our current understanding of the nervous system. It offers user-friendly coverage in three parts-an overview of the nervous system, regional neuroscience, and systemic neuroscience- that enable you to review complex neural structures and systems from different contexts. Online access to Student Consult- where you will find the complete fully searchable contents of the book, videos of imaging sequences, links to relevant content in other Student Consult titles, and more- further enhances your study and helps to prepare you for exams."--Publisher's website.
- Netter's Clinical anatomy. Third edition. [3rd ed.] 2014ClinicalKeyNetter's Clinical Anatomy, 3rd Edition is a Clinical Anatomy textbook you will actually "read." A concise, focused and manageable medical reference textbook for your busy lives! The uniquely aesthetic and memorable Netter-style illustrations-accompanied by descriptive text and tables-help you to visually grasp and focus on the most relevant clinical implications of anatomical concepts. Multiple-choice review questions at the end of each chapter plus online access to the complete text-with additional Clinical examples and study questions-result in a thorough but quick introduction to basic and clinical anatomy as well as a fast review source-the perfect supplement to your course's syllabus, lectures, conferences and labs. Enhance your learning and understanding with "Clinical Focus" boxes presenting hundreds of illustrated clinical correlations that bridge anatomy to pathophysiology, and Features and Characteristics boxes that explain the relation between structure and function. Get a quick overview of the MSK system. Muscle/Ligament/Joint Tables summarize attachment points, actions, and other key information related to each structure.
- Netter's Concise orthopaedic anatomy. 2nd ed. 2010ClinicalKey"Along with the latest data in thoroughly updated diagnostic and treatment algorithms for all conditions you'll get even more art from the Netter Collection as well as new radiologic images that visually demonstrate the key clinical correlations and applications of anatomical imaging."--BOOK JACKET.
- Netter's Concise radiologic anatomy with Student Consult online access. Second edition. [2nd ed.] 2014ClinicalKeyDesigned to make learning more interesting and clinically meaningful, Netter's Concise Radiologic Anatomy, 2nd Edition matches radiologic images-from MR and ultrasound to CT and advanced imaging reconstructions-to the exquisite artwork of master medical illustrator Frank H. Netter, MD. As a companion to the bestselling Netter's Atlas of Human Anatomy, this updated medical textbook begins with the anatomy and matches radiologic images to the anatomic images; the result is a concise, visual guide that shows how advanced diagnostic imaging is an amazing "dissection tool" for viewing human anatomy in the living patient! Quickly review key information with a concise, user-friendly format that is organized and color-coded to be in-line with Netter's Atlas of Human Anatomy, 6th Edition. View direct, at-a-glance comparisons between idealized anatomic illustrations and real-life medicine with side-by-side radiology examples of normal anatomy and common variants with corresponding anatomy illustrations.Improve upon your knowledge with a brief background in basic radiology, including reconstructions and a list of common abbreviations for the images presented.
- Netter's correlative imaging : Neuroanatomy 2015ClinicalKeyOverview of brain -- Brain -- Thalamus and basal ganglia -- Limbic system -- Brainstem and cranial nerves -- Ventricles and cerebrospinal fluid cisterns -- Sella turcica -- Overview of head and neck -- Paranasal sinuses -- Orbits -- Mandible, muscles of mastication -- Temporal bone (middle ear, cochlea, vestibular system) -- Oral cavity, pharynx, and suprahyoid neck -- Hypopharynx, larynx, and infrahyoid neck -- Overview of spine -- Spine.
- Netter's Correlative imaging. Cardiothoracic anatomy 2013ClinicalKeyOverview of thoracic anatomy -- Thoracic soft tissue and lung -- Pulmonary anatomy and variants -- Thoracic lymph nodes -- Cisterna chyli and thoracic duct -- Venous anatomy and variants -- Overview of cardiac anatomy -- Cardiac anatomy using CT -- Cardiac anatomy using MR.
- Netter's Correlative imaging. Musculoskeletal anatomy 2011ClinicalKeyMusculoskeletal Anatomy is the first title in the brand new Netter's Correlative Imaging series. Series editor and specialist in musculoskeletal imaging Dr. Nancy Major and coauthor, Michael Malinzak, presents Netter's beautiful and instructive paintings and illustrated cross sections created in the Netter style side-by-side with high-quality patient MR images created with commonly used pulse sequences to help you visualize the anatomy section by section. With in-depth coverage and concise descriptive text for at-a-glance information and access to correlated images online, this atlas is a comprehensive reference that's ideal for today's busy imaging specialists. View upper and lower limbs in sagittal, coronal, and axial view MRs of commonly used pulse sequences, each slice complemented by a detailed illustration in the instructional and aesthetic Netter style. Find anatomical landmarks quickly and easily through comprehensive labeling and concise text highlighting key points related to the illustration and image pairings. Correlate patient data to idealized normal anatomy in the approximately 30 cross-sections per joint that illustrate the complexities of musculoskeletal anatomy.
- Netter's Essential histology. 2nd ed. 2013ClinicalKeyNetter's Essential Histology integrates gross anatomy and embryology with classic histology slides and cutting-edge scanning electron microscopy to give you a rich visual understanding of this complex subject. This histology textbook-atlas has a strong anatomy foundation and utilizes a variety of visual elements - including Netter illustrations and light and electron micrographs - to teach you the most indispensible histologic concepts and their clinical relevance. Excellent as both a reference and a review, Netter's Essential Histology will serve you well at any stage of your healthcare career. Gain a rich understanding of this vital subject through the succinct explanatory histology text. Learn to recognize both normal and diseased structures at the microscopic level with the aid of succinct explanatory text as well as numerous clinical boxes.Access the entire contents and ancillary components online at Student Consult, view images and histology slides at different magnifications, and watch new narrated video overviews of each chapter.Take your learning one step further with the purchase of Netter's Histology Flash Cards (sold separately), designed to reinforce your understanding of how the human body works in health as well as illness and injury.
- Netter's Head and neck anatomy for dentistry. 2nd ed. 2012ClinicalKeyNeil S. Norton, PhD, uses more than 600 full-color images from the Netter Collection to richly depict all of the key anatomy that's relevant to clinical practice. This new edition takes your knowledge further than ever with more Netter illustrations; addition of over 20 cone beam CT images; new chapters on the upper limbs, thorax, and abdomen; and more than 100 multiple-choice questions. Whether for your dental anatomy course, board review, or as a handy reference in your dental office, this concise, visual guide is an excellent anatomy atlas and quick reference for students and professionals in dentistry and dental hygiene. Master anatomy for the head and neck and beyond, including upper limbs, thorax, and abdomen. Stay current on hot topics like cone beam CT imaging, intraoral injections, and anesthesia. Recognize the context and clinical relevance of head and neck anatomy through additional coverage of dental procedures. Prepare effectively for the dental boards with over 100 multiple-choice questions.
- Netter's Neurology. 2nd ed. 2012ClinicalKeyNetter's Neurology, 2nd edition, by Drs. H. Royden Jones, Jayashri Srinivasan, Gregory J. Allam, and Richard A. Baker uses visually rich Netter artwork to efficiently provide you with a concise overview of general neurology and its intersection with internal medicine, neurosurgery, ophthalmology, psychiatry, and orthopedics. From stroke and epilepsy to dementia and neuromuscular disorders, Netter's Neurology is a thorough synopsis of the state of the art in most areas of adult neurology. You'll rapidly access complete introductions to clinical details, complex concepts, and correlations between anatomical, pathological, physiological, and pharmacological aspects in the clinical settings. Master general neurology and its intersection with internal medicine, neurosurgery, ophthalmology, psychiatry, and orthopedics through comprehensive topic coverage. Get a quick and memorable overview of anatomy, pathophysiology, and clinical presentation from the precision and beauty of Netter and Netter-style plates that highlight key neuroanatomical and neurologic concepts. Explore specific clinical applications with vignettes included throughout the text that bring each topic to life. Find the information you need quickly and easily thanks to the short text and concise topic overviews.
- Netter's Pediatrics 2011ClinicalKeyThis book edited by Drs. Todd Florin and Stephen Ludwig, is a visual aid with more than 500 images by Dr. Frank Netter and other artists working in his style that will help you diagnose and care for children with common clinical conditions. This is the first time that Netter's drawings of pediatric illness are brought together in a single volume. The superb, accurate artwork accompanies up-to-date text contributed by physicians at the prestigious Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. The book provides you with all the at-a-glance information you need for a quick overview of common issues from nutrition, allergy, infectious disease, and adolescent medicine, to cancer and heart disease. Efficiently review key details for each condition with 500 detailed, crystal-clear images provided by Frank H. Netter and others working in the Netter tradition. Apply dependable, concise, clinical advice from a team of physicians at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, one of the top children's hospitals in the U.S. Get answers at a glance during pediatric rotations when studying for exams or preparing for consultations.
- Netter's Surgical anatomy and approaches 2014ClinicalKeyThis one-of-a-kind resource combines the unmatched surgical anatomy illustrations of Frank H. Netter, MD with endoscopic, laparoscopic, and radiologic images - integrated with expert descriptions of each operative procedure - to provide a clear overview of the exposures, incision sites, surgically relevant landmarks, structures, fascial planes, and common anatomical variants and operative methods that are critical to your success in the operating room. Key Features: Vividly visualize the surgical anatomy you need to know through the uniquely detailed, memorable artwork of Dr. Netter, Carlos Machado, MD, and other anatomy illustrators working in the Netter tradition. View surgical anatomy from a clinical perspective through photographs and endoscopic, laparoscopic, and radiologic images that capture important landmarks and anatomy and are integrated into an expert description of each operative procedure. Access the complete contents online for quick look-ups, including videos of relevant surgical dissections to help you review approaches to common operations.
- Netter's Surgical anatomy review P.R.N. 2011ClinicalKeySection 1. Head and neck -- section 2. Back and spinal cord -- section 3. Thorax -- section 4. Abdomen -- section 5. Pelvis and perineum -- section 6. Upper limb -- section 7. Lower limb.
- Neuroanatomy for the neuroscientist. 2nd ed. 2011SpringerPt. 1. Essential organization of the central nervous system -- pt. 2. The systems -- pt. 3. The non-nervous elements -- pt. 4. ATLAS.
- Neuroanatomy of Language Regions of the Human Brain is a richly illustrated, practical reference for any scientist interested in the study of brain and language, providing insight into the pathways for certain aspects of language processing and covering both classic work and modern discoveries. Anatomical research now shows neural pathways linking language comprehension regions to speech regions, and others pathways linking parietal areas involved in writing and reading with those essential for motor control and language production.
- Now fully revised and updated, this leading ICT series volume offers concise, superbly illustrated coverage of neuroanatomy that throughout makes clear the relevance of the anatomy to the practice of modern clinical neurology. Building on the huge success of previous editions, Neuroanatomy ICT, fifth edition is designed and written primarily with the medical student in mind, although it will again be valued by the range of other students and professionals who need a clear, current understanding of this important area. Minimum assumptions are made of existing knowledge of the subject. This edition now comes with an enhanced electronic version - hosted on the new, improved Student Consult platform - providing an even richer learning experience and rapid reference anytime, anywhere! Notoriously difficult concepts made clear in straightforward and concise text Level of detail carefully judged to facilitate understanding of the fundamental neuroanatomical principles and the workings of the nervous system, providing a sound basis for the diagnosis and treatment of contemporary neurological disorders All new line drawings and photographs incorporated throughout to further improve clarity and reflect the latest imaging techniques Clinical material and topic summaries fully updated and highlighted in succinct boxes within the text Clinical syndromes/symptoms index provided with cross-referencing to relevant text Memorable pictorial summaries of symptoms associated with the main clinical syndromes New added value electronic content - including self-assessment material to aid revision and check your understanding - is incorporated within the superb, complimentary enhanced eBook.
View by page
- 7.0 Tesla MRI brain atlas in-vivo atlas with cryomacrotome correlation. Second edition. [2nd ed.] — Neuroanatomy-- an illustrated colour text. Fifth edition. [5th ed.] (100)
- Normal ultrasound anatomy of the musculoskeletal system a pratical guide — Visible Human Project January 1987 through March 2007 : 912 citations (25)
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Access restricted to Stanford community
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
Can't find it?
Look if we have it in print
- Springer Protocols
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Large number of high quality software and database programming titles from O'Reilly. Other software titles are also available from Sams and Prentice Hall. Limited to 7 concurrent users.Vast collection of software and database programming titles from multiple publishers, including Microsoft Press.Largest provider of engineering-related eBooks; includes titles in computer science and biomedical engineering.Over 4,000 full-text e-books covering scientific and technical information from CRC Press and others. Many handbooks and single volume reference sources.A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more. Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.Includes peer-reviewed life science and biomedical research protocols compiled from Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods in Molecular Medicine, Methods in Biotechnology, Methods in Pharmacology and Toxicology, Neuromethods, the Biomethods Handbook, the Proteomics Handbook, and Springer Laboratory Manuals.Contains full text access to selected biomedical and nursing books.Provides one-click access to important clinical resources; includes evidence-based diagnosis and treatment guidelines, Books, EBM articles, Ovid MEDLINE, Drug facts and comparisons, Drug interaction facts, guidelines from National Guideline Clearinghouse, patient handouts (English and Spanish), and local content.ClinicalKey provides access to textbooks, electronic journals, practice guidelines, drug information, and patient education handouts.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.Provides online, full-text access to Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers. Subjects include: life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics and astronomy, engineering and economics. Also includes eBooks.Collection of over 8 thousand fulltext titles in engineering, math, and basic and applied biomedical research. Coverage is from 1967 to the present.A library of ebooks on a wide array of topics, digitized and made available online in conjunction with the original publishers.