Books by Subject
Allergy and Immunology
- Adenosine deaminases acting on RNA (A...
- — Dermatologic immunity ..................
- Detecting allergens in food ............
- — Inflammasomes ..........................
- Inflammation and atherosclerosis .......
- — Regulatory T cells and clinical appli...
- Regulatory T cells in inflammation .....
- — Visualizing immunity ...................
- Inflammation and atherosclerosis 2012, Springer
- Inflammation and cancer v. 1-2, 2009, Springer Protocolsv. 2, 2009 Springer Protocolsv. 1. Experimental models and practical approaches -- v. 2. Molecular analysis and pathways.
- Inflammation in psychiatry 2013, KargerBasic aspects of the immunology of neuroinflammation / Wohleb, E.S.; Godbout, J.P. -- Stress and neuroinflammation / Grippo, A.J., Scotti, M.-A.L. -- Role of inflammation in depression : implications for phenomenology, pathophysiology and treatment / Raison, C.L., Miller, A.H. -- Virus infection as a cause of inflammation in psychiatric disorders / Bechter, K. -- Inflammation, neurotoxins and psychiatric disorders / Myint, A.-M. -- Essential fatty acids as potential anti-inflammatory agents in the treatment of affective disorders / Song, C. -- The brain-gut axis : a target for treating stress-related disorders / Scott, L.V., Clarke, G., Dinan, T.G. -- The question of pro-inflammatory immune activity in schizophrenia and the potential importance of anti-inflammatory drugs / Arolt, V., Ambrée, O. -- Inflammation as the cause of the metabolic syndrome in depression / Leonard, B.E. -- Glucocorticoids and inflammation : a double-headed sword in depression? / Horowitz, M.A. ... [et al.] -- Co-morbidity between cardiovascular pathology and depression : role of inflammation -- Halaris, A. -- Inflammatory and oxidative and nitrosative stress cascades as new drug targets in myalgic encephalomyelitis and chronic fatigue syndrome -- Maes, M. -- Peripheral inflammation and cognitive aging -- Lim, A., Krajina, K., Marsland, A.L. -- Inflammation in suicidality : implications for novel treatment options / Janelidze, S., Brundin, L.
- Inflammation, lifestyle, and chronic disease 2012, CRCnetBASE"Oxidative stress and inflammation are among the most important factors of disease. Chronic infections, obesity, alcohol and tobacco usage, radiation, environmental pollutants, and high-calorie diets have been recognized as major risk factors for a variety of chronic diseases from cancer to metabolic diseases. All these risk factors are linked to chronic diseases through inflammation. While short-term, acute inflammation generated by the immune system serves a therapeutic role, chronic low-level inflammation that may persist "silently" for decades is responsible for chronic diseases. Inflammation, Lifestyle, and Chronic Diseases: The Silent Link describes the role of dysregulated inflammation in persistent and recurring diseases. It investigates links to lifestyle and presents research on how the suppression of proinflammatory pathways may provide opportunities for both prevention and treatment of chronic diseases. The book covers neurodegenerative diseases, pulmonary diseases, asthma, rheumatic and arthritic diseases, skin disease, heart disease, chronic wounds, infectious disease, neuropsychiatric disorders such as depression, gastrointestinal diseases, insulin resistance, and cancer, many of which are also diseases of old age. For each chronic disease, contributors review the clinical and scientific literature and examine current and potential therapies, including conventional pharmacotherapies as well as natural products. Noting that the long-term use of steroids and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) can cause adverse side effects, many of the chapters address the role of dietary agents such as fruits, vegetables, legumes, pulses, nuts, and spices as ideal anti-inflammatory agents that can be consumed regularly. The book also suggests directions for further research. Clinical and science researchers, students, and health professionals interested in the link between inflammation, lifestyle, and chronic diseases will find this an informative resource"--Provided by publisher.
- Influenza vaccines for the future. 2nd ed. 2011, Springerpt. 1. Evolution and epidemiology -- pt. 2. Immunity and vaccine strategies -- pt. 3. Economic and social implications.
- Innate and adaptive immunity in the tumor microenvironment 2008, Springer
- Innate immune regulation and cancer immunotherapy 2012, Springer
- Innate immunity 2008, Springer ProtocolsENU mutagenesis in mice / Philippe Georgel ... [et al.] -- Innate immunity genes as candidate genes : searching for relevant natural polymorphisms in databases and assessing family-based association of polymorphisms with human diseases / Pascal Rihet -- KIR locus polymorphisms : genotyping and disease association analysis / Maureen P. Martin and Mary Carrington -- Experimental model for the study of the human immune system : production and monitoring of "human immune system" Rag2-/[gamma]c-/- mice / Nicolas Legrand, Kees Weijer, and Hergen Spits -- Bacterial artificial chromosome transgenesis through pronuclear injection of fertilized mouse oocytes / Kristina Vintersten ... [et al.] -- Bioluminescence imaging to evaluate infections and host response in vivo / Pamela Reilly Contag -- Intravital two-photon imaging of natural killer cells and dendritic cells in lymph nodes / Susanna Celli, Béatrice Breart, and Philippe Bousso -- Dissection of the antiviral NK cell response by MCMV mutants / Stipan Jonjic ... [et al.] -- Analyzing antibody-Fc-receptor interactions / Falk Nimmerjahn and Jeffrey V. Ravetch -- The isolation and identification of murine dendritic cell populations from lymphoid tissues and their production in culture / David Vremec and Ken Shortman -- Analysis of individual natural killer cell responses / Wayne M. Yokoyama and Sungjin Kim -- Isolation and analysis of human natural killer cell subsets / Guido Ferlazzo -- Innate immune function of eosinophils : from antiparasite to antitumor cells / Fanny Legrand ... [et al.] -- Ex vivo and in vitro primary mast cells / Michel Arock ... [et al.] -- Murine macrophages : a technical approach / Luisa Martinez-Pomares and Siamon Gordon -- Clinical analysis of dendritic cell subsets : the dendritogram / Anne Hosmalin, Miriam Lichtner, and Stéphanie Louis -- Clinical analysis of human natural killer cells / Pascale André and Nicolas Anfossi -- Lentiviral transduction of immune cells / Louise Swainson ... [et al.] -- Axenic mouse model / Antoine Giraud -- In vivo analysis of zebrafish innate immunity / Jean-Pierre Levraud ... [et al.] -- Reverse genetics analysis of antiparasitic responses in the malaria vector, Anopheles gambiae / Stephanie A. Blandin and Elena A. Levashina -- Drosophila immunity : methods for monitoring the activity of toll and Imd signaling pathways / Yves Romeo and Bruno Lemaitre -- Investigating the involvement of host factors involved in intracellular pathogen infection by RNAi in Drosophila cells / Hervé Agaisse -- Models of Caenorhabditis elegans infection by bacterial and fungal pathogens / Jennifer R. Powell and Frederick M. Ausubel -- Genetic analysis of Caenorhabditis elegans innate immunity / Michael Shapira and Man-Wah Tan -- Measuring cell-wall-based defenses and their effect on bacterial growth in Arabidopsis / Min Gab Kim and David Mackey.
- Innate immunity 2013, KargerMicrobiota's influence on immunity / Honda, K. ... [et al.] -- Inflammasomes and mucosal immune response / Elinav, E., Henao-Mejia, J., Flavell, R.A. -- Microbial endocrinology : an evolution-based shared mechanism determining microbiota's influence on health and disease / Lyte, M. -- Standing guard : innate lymphoid cells promote immunity and tissue homeostasis at barrier surface / Monticelli, L.A., Artis, D. -- miRNAs that shape the innate immune system : regulation through toll-like receptor signaling / Curtis, A.M., O'Neill, L.A. -- Type 2 diabetes and islet inflammation / Donath, M.Y. -- The innate immune system in Alzheimer's disease / Becker, H., Halle, A. -- Role of inflammasomes in obesity / Dixit, V.D. -- Gut-brain communication in the regulation of system metabolism / Miller, T.D., Pfliger, P.T., and Tschip, M.H. -- Metabolism and innate immunity : FOXO regulation of antimicrobial peptides in drosophila / Loch, G. ... [et al.] -- Dendritics cells orchestrate innate immunity agains bacterial kidney infection / Tittel, A.P. ... [et al.].
- Innate immunity of plants, mammals, and humans 2008, SpringerEvolution of resistance genes in plants /Shunyuan Xiao, Wenming Wang, Xiaohua Yang --Thepath less explored: innate immune reactions in Cnidarians /Thomas C. G. Bosch --Bug versus bug : humoral immune responses in Drosophila melanogaster /Deniz Ertürk-Hasdemir ... [et al.] --Cellular immune responses in Drosophila melanogaster /Adrienne Ivory, Katherine Randle, Louisa Wu --Immune reactions in the vertebrates' closest relatives, the urochordates /Konstantin Khalturin, Ulrich Kürn, Thomas C. G. Bosch --Innate immune system of the zebrafish, Danio rerio /Con Sullivan, Carol H. Kim --Toll-like receptors in the mammalian innate immune system /Andrei E. Medvedev, Stefanie N. Vogel --NLRs : a cytosolic armory of microbial sensors linked to human diseases /Mathias Chamaillard --Antimicrobial peptides as first-line effector molecules of the human innate immune system /Regine Gläser, Jürgen Harder, Jens-Michael Schröder --Thecomplement system in innate immunity /K. R. Mayilyan ... [et al.].
- Integrins 2007, ScienceDirect
- Interferon 2007, Springer
- Interferon methods and protocols 2005, Springer Protocols
- Interleukin protocols 2001, Springer Protocols
- Intradermal immunization 2012, SpringerUnderstanding the murine cutaneous dendritic cell network to improve intradermal vaccination strategies -- Insight into the immunobiology of human skin and functional specialization of skin dendritic cell subsets to innovate intradermal vaccination design -- Delivery systems for intradermal vaccination -- Targeting skin dendritic cells to improve intradermal vaccination -- Intradermal rabies vaccination : the evolution and future of pre- and post-exposure prophylaxis -- Intradermal vaccination to protect against yellow fever and influenza -- The dermis as a portal for dendritic cell-targeted immunotherapy of cutaneous melanoma -- DNA vaccines and intradermal vaccination by DNA tattooing
- Intrinsic immunity 2013, SpringerThe APOBEC3 Family of Retroelement Restriction Factors /Eric W. Refsland, Reuben S. Harris --Inhibition of Retroviral Replication by Members of the TRIM Protein Family /Adam J. Fletcher, Greg J. Towers --The Antiviral Activities of Tetherin /Stuart J. D. Neil --Restriction of Retroviral Infection of Macrophages /Mark Sharkey --Rapid Adversarial Co-Evolution of Viruses and Cellular Restriction Factors /Welkin E. Johnson --RNA Interference-Mediated Intrinsic Antiviral Immunity in Plants /György Szittya, József Burgyán --RNA Interference-Mediated Intrinsic Antiviral Immunity in Invertebrates /Arabinda Nayak, Michel Tassetto, Mark Kunitomi, Raul Andino --Roles of MicroRNAs in the Life Cycles of Mammalian Viruses /Eva Gottwein --Interplay Between DNA Tumor Viruses and the Host DNA Damage Response /Karyn McFadden, Micah A. Luftig.
- Introduction to psychoneuroimmunology 2004, ScienceDirectHistorical antecedents -- Immune system basics -- Endocrine-immune modulation -- Neuro-immune modulation -- Stress, contextual change, and disease -- Psychosocial stress: neuroendocrine and immune effects -- Infection, allergy, and psychosocial stress -- Cancer, autoimmunity, and psychosocial stress -- Immune activity and psychopathology -- Immune function enhancement -- Integration and implications.
- Investigative immunotoxicology 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Killer lymphocytes 2005, Springer
- KIR gene cluster 2003, NCBI Bookshelf
- Köhler's invention 2005, Springer
- Local immunotherapy in allergy 2003, Karger
- Lymph node cytopathology 2011, Springer
- Lymphedema 2008, Springer
- Lymphedema 2011, SpringerPrimary Lymphedema as a Truncular Lymphatic Malformation -- Primary Lymphedema and Klippel-Trénaunay Syndrome -- Special Issues in Pediatric Primary Lymphedema -- Medical Management -- Surgical Management -- Epidemiology -- Etiology and Pathophysiology -- Clinical Overview-Diagnosis and Management -- Genetic Prospects for Lymphedema Management -- Breast Cancer -- Lower Extremity Cancers -- Radiation Complications -- Pathophysiology of Phlebolymphedema and a Physiologic Approach to Chronic Veno-lymphatic Insufficiency' -- Diagnosis and Management of Primary Phlebolymphedema -- Diagnosis and Management of Secondary Phlebolymphedema -- Management of Phlebolymphedema Ulcers -- Lymphedema Management by the Therapists -- Education of the Patient -- Patient/Family Advocacy -- Reimbursement of CDT-based Care -- General Considerations -- Etiology and Classification of Lymphatic Disorders -- Hereditary and Familial Lymphedema -- Embryology of the Lymphatic System and Lymphangiogenesis -- Anatomy of the Lymphatic System and Its Disorders -- Physiology, Pathophysiology, and Lymphodynamics: General Overview -- Lymphedema -- Physiology, Biology, and Lymph Biochemistry -- Physiology - Lymph Flow -- Pathology and Histochemistry -- Clinical Diagnosis: General Overview -- Clinical Staging -- Combined Clinical and Laboratory (Lymphoscintigraphic) Staging -- Early Diagnosis in Latent Phase -- Review of National and International Consensuses on Chronic Lymphedema -- Differential Diagnosis - General Considerations -- Differential Diagnosis - Lipedema -- Laboratory/Imaging Diagnosis: General Guidelines -- Radionuclide Lymphoscintigraphy -- Duplex Ultrasonography -- Combined Role of Lymphoscintigraphy, X-Ray Computed Tomography, Magnetic Resonance Imaging, and Positron Emission Tomography in the Management of Lymphedematous Disease -- Oil Contrast Lymphangiography -- Fluorescent Microlymphangiography --Alternative Assessment and Measurement Tools -- Infection -- Physiological Principles of Physiotherapy -- Complete Decongestive Therapy -- Manual Lymph Drainage (Földi Method) -- Manual Lymph Drainage (Leduc Method) -- Compression Therapy -- Intermittent Pneumatic Compression Therapy -- Other Contemporary Treatment Modalities -- Medical Treatment -- Lower Limb Lymphedema -- Upper Limb Lymphedema -- Head and Neck Lymphedema -- Genital Lymphedema -- Psychological Aspect: Compliance and Quality of Life -- General Overview - Historical Background -- General Principles and Indications -- Lymphatic-Venous Derivative and Reconstructive Microsurgery -- Lymphatic-Lymphatic Reconstructive Microsurgery -- Lymph Node-Venous Microvascular Reconstructive Surgery: Filariasis Lymphedema -- Lymph Nodes Transfer Microvascular Reconstructive Surgery -- Current Dilemmas and Controversy -- Prospects for Lymphatic Reconstructive Surgery -- Historical Background - General Overview -- General Principles -- Contemporary Indications and Controversies -- Surgical Treatment of Postmastectomy Lymphedema - Liposuction -- Epilogue.
- Lymphocyte trafficking in health and disease 2006, Springer
- Malaria immunology. 2nd ed. / 2002, Kargerpt. 1. Malaria parasites and disease -- Structure and life cycle / H. Fujioka -- Malaria parasites and the Anopheles mosquito /G. Dimopoulos -- Malaria: pathogenicity and disease / M. English -- pt. 2. Malaria antigens -- Sporozoite antigens: biology and immunology of the circumsporozoite protein and thrombospondin-related anonymous protein / P. Sinnis -- Immune responses to liver-stage parasites: implications for vaccine development / M.R. Hollingdale -- Merozoite antigens involved in invasion / K. Berzins -- Asexual blood stages of malaria antigens: cytoadherence / D.I. Baruch -- Rosetting and autoagglutination in Plasmodium falciparum / V. Fernandez -- Sexual and sporogonic stage antigens / R.W. Sauerwein -- pt. 3. Malaria infection: immunity and regulation -- Mouse models of blood-stage malaria infections: immune responses and cytokines involved in protection and pathology / J. Langhorne -- Malaria and the immune system in humans / P. Perlmann -- Genetic regulation of malaria infection in humans / M. Troye-Blomberg -- pt. 4. Malaria vaccines -- Pre-erythrocytic malaria vaccines to prevent Plasmodium flaciparum malaria / W.R. Ballou -- Vaccines against asexual stage malaria parasites / S. Kumar -- Transmission-blocking vaccines / D.C. Kaslow -- Nucleic acid vaccines against malaria / D.L. Doolan -- Antidisease vaccines / L. Schofield -- Adjuvants and malaria vaccine development / L. Xiao -- Malaria vaccine trials / B. Greenwood.
- Managing allergens in food 2007, CRCnetBASEpt. 1. What are food allergens and allergies? -- pt. 2. Allergens in foods - from raw to processed foods -- pt. 3. Assessing allergic risks and practical management of allergens in food.
- Manual of allergy and immunology. 4th ed. 2002, Ovid
- Introduction to the immune system / Lori Broderick, Taylor A. Doherty, and David Broide -- Immediate hypersensitivity : approach to diagnosis / Sarbjit S. Saini and Nkiruka Erekosima -- Aeroallergens and environmental factors / William Neaville, Robert Ausdenmoore, and Robert K. Bush -- Rhinitis / Candace Bouler Anz and Mark S. Dykewicz -- Sinusitis, nasal polyps, and otitis media / Ricardo A. Tan and Jonathan Corren -- Immunotherapy for inhalant allergens / Harold S. Nelson -- Allergic and immunologic disorders of the eye / Leonard Bielory -- Asthma diagnosis / Stephen C. Lazarus -- Asthma treatment / Joel M. Hartman ... [et al.] -- Immunologic diseases of the lung / Shefalee Amin, Michelle Zeidler, and Eric Kleerup -- Atopic dermatitis and contact dermatitis / Mark Boguniewicz, Marcella Aquino, and Luz Fonacier -- Urticaria and angioedema / Jeffrey R. Stokes and Mark H. Moss -- Anaphylaxis / Phil Lieberman and Debendra Pattanaik -- Insect allergy / David B. K. Golden -- Drug allergy / David A. Khan -- Allergic and non-allergic reactions to food / Stephen R. Boden and A. Wesley Burks -- Eosinophilic gastrointestinal disorders / Terri F. Brown-Whitehorn ... [et al.] -- Primary immunodeficiency diseases / Shradha Agarwal and Charlotte Cunningham-Rundles -- Approach to the patient with recurrent infections / Zuhair K. Ballas -- Diagnostic immunology / Thomas A. Fleisher, Joao Bosco Oliveira, and Jack J. H. Bleesing -- Adverse responses to vaccines / John M. Kelso -- Complementary medicine in allergy and immunology / Timothy Ryan Mainardi and Leonard Bielory -- Building related illness / Jessica Savage and Robert A. Wood.
- Mass vaccination 2006, SpringerMass Vaccination: When and Why / D. L. Heymann and R. B. Aylward -- Mass Vaccination and Surveillance/Containment in the Eradication of Smallpox / J. M. Lane -- Mass Immunization Programs: Principles and Standards / J. D. Grabenstein and R. L. Nevin -- Immunization Campaigns in the UK / K. Noakes and D. Salisbury -- Diphtheria / C. R. Vitek -- Universal Mass Vaccination against Hepatitis A / F. E. André -- Mass Vaccination against Hepatitis B: the French Example / F. Denis and D. Levy-Bruhl -- Mass Vaccination for Annual and Pandemic Influenza / B. Schwartz and P. Wortley -- Is Global Measles Eradication Feasible? / C. A. de Quadros -- Measles Aerosol Vaccination / J. L. Valdespino-Gómez, M de Lourdes Garcia-Garcia, J. Fernandez-de-Castro, A. M. Henao-Restrepo, J. Bennett, and J. Sepulveda-Amor -- Mass Vaccination Campaigns for Polio Eradication: an Essential Strategy for Success / R. W. Sutter and C. Maher -- Rubella Mass Campaigns / S. Reef -- Mass Vaccination to Control Epidemic and Endemic Typhoid Fever / M. M. Levine -- Mass Vaccination: Solutions in the Skin / G. M. Glenn and R. T. Kenney.
- Mast cells and tumours 2011, Springer
- Mast cells in allergic diseases 2005, Karger
- Mathematical models and immune cell biology 2011, Springer
- Measles-- pathogenesis and control 2009, SpringerMaking it to the synapse : measles virus spread in and among neurons / V.A. Young and G.F. Rall -- Modeling subacute sclerosing panencephalitis in a transgenic mouse system : uncoding pathogenesis of disease and illuminating components of immune control / M.B.A. Oldstone -- Measles studies in the macaque model / R.L. de Swart -- Ferrets as a model for morbillivirus pathogenesis, complications, and vaccines / P. Pillet, N. Svitek and V. von Messling -- Current animal models : cotton rat animal model / S. Niewiesk -- Current animal models : transgenic animal models for the study of measles pathogenesis / C.I. Sellin and B. Horvat -- Molecular epidemiology of measles virus / P.A. Rota, D.A. Featherstone, and W.J. Bellini -- Human immunology of measles virus infections / D. Naniche -- Measles control and the prospect of eradication / W.J. Moss -- Measles : old vaccines, new vaccines / D.E. Griffin and C.-H. Pan -- Measles virus for cancer therapy / S.J. Russell and K.W. Peng -- Measles virus-induced immunosuppression / S. Schneider-Schaulies and J. Schneider-Schaulies -- Hostile communication of measles virus with host innate immunity and dendritic cells / B. Hahm.
- Measuring immunity 2005, ScienceDirectMHC class I -- MHC class II -- Cytokine receptor heterogeneity -- Genetic diversity at human cytokine loci in health and disease -- Signaling molecules affecting immune response -- Toll-like receptors in innate immunity -- DNA sequence-specific transcription factors -- Genetic diversity in NK and NKT cells -- Handling sera and obtaining fluid from different compartments -- Acute-phase proteins and inflammation -- Complement in health and disease -- Immunoglobulin titers and immunoglobulin subtypes -- Human antiglobulin responses -- Rheumatoid factors -- Autoantibodies -- Antibody affinity using fluorescence -- SLE-associated tests -- Multiplexed serum assays -- Handling and storage of cells and sera: practical considerations -- Phenotypic and functional measurements on circulating immune cells and their subsets -- Natural killer cells -- Tetramer analysis -- Peripheral blood naive and memory B cells -- Dendritic cells -- Monocytes and macrophages -- Tumor cells -- Regulatory T cells -- Intracellular cytokine assays -- Cytolytic assays --Mixed leukocyte reactions -- Antigen/mitogen-stimulated lymphocyte proliferation -- Monitoring cell death -- Cytokine enzyme linked immunosorbent spot (ELISPOT) assay -- Testing natural killer cells -- Delayed type hypersensitivity responses -- Rebuck windows: granulocyte function -- The vascular and coagulation systems -- Sentinel node assays -- Imaging inflammation -- Cancer - solid tumors -- Cancer - hematologic disorders -- Autoimmunity - rheumatoid arthritis -- Autoimmunity - type 1 diabetes -- Autoimmunity - systemic lupus erythematosus -- Autoimmunity - multiple sclerosis -- Autoimmunity - inflammatory bowel disease -- Autoimmunity - endocrine -- Autoimmunity - vasculitis -- Transplantation -- Viral responses - HIV-1 -- Viral responses - epstein-barr virus -- Viral responses - hepatitis -- Dermatology -- Arteriosclerosis -- Primary immunodeficiencies -- Asthma and allergy -- Serum proteomic profiling and analysis -- Imaging cytometry -- Cancer biometrics -- Genomics and microarrays -- Image informatics.
- Mechanisms of epithelial defense 2005, Karger
- Medical immunology. 5th ed. 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Melatonin in the promotion of health. 2nd ed. 2012, CRCnetBASE"This new edition presents information on how melatonin is synthesized and produced in the body as well as how this hormone affects several diseases. The book heavily focuses on prevention as well as treatment of various human disease states including behavior disorders, mental disorders, breast cancer, bone health, and gastrointestinal diseases. It covers the role of melatonin in the prevention of oxidative stress, mutagenesis, sun damage, ocular health, gut motility, and detoxification. It also presents mechanisms of melatonin action in humans including cell modulation, signaling mechanisms, protective effects, and melatonin receptors as well as its role as an antioxidant"--Provided by publisher.
- Memory T cells 2010, SpringerMemory TH1/TH2 cell generation controlled by Schnurri-2 / Toshinori Nakayama and Motoko Y. Kimura -- Transcriptional regulation during CD8 T-cell immune responses / Ivana Munitic ... [et al.] -- The role of interleukin-2 in memory CD8 cell differentiation / Onur Boyman, Jae-Ho Cho and Jonathan Sprent -- The role of inflammation in the generation and maintenance of memory T cells / Noah S. Butler and John T. Harty -- The role of OX40 (CD134) in T-cell memory generation / Andrew D. Weinberg -- The role of precursor frequency in the differentiation of memory T cells : memory by numbers / Amanda L. Marzo, Ryan T. Sowell and Bernadette Scott -- CD8 T-cell memory differentiation during acute and chronic viral infections / Vandana Kalia, Surojit Sarkar and Rafi Ahmed -- Longevity of T-cell memory following acute viral infection / Joshua M. Walker and Mark K. Slifka -- Principles of memory CD8 T-cells generation in relation to protective immunity / Maurizio Zanetti, Paola Castiglioni and Elizabeth Ingulli --Memory T cells in rhesus macaques / Monica Vaccari and Genoveffa Franchini -- Memory T-cell subsets in parasitic infections / Sara Colpitts and Phillip Scott -- Antigen specific memory T cells and their putative need for the generation of sustained anti-tumor responses / Kory L. Alderson and William J. Murphy -- Memory T-cell responses and survival in human cancer : remember to stay alive / Matthieu Camus and Jérôme Galon -- Analysis of vaccine-induced T cells in humans with cancer / Stefanie L. Slezak ... [et al.] -- Memory T-cell homeostasis and senescence during aging / Sian M. Henson and Arne N. Akbar.
- Methods in cellular immunology. 2nd ed. 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Microarrays in inflammation 2008, Springer
- Microbial host-interaction 2009, KargerA paradigm for commensalism : the role of a specific microbial polysaccharide in health and disease / Kasper, D.L. -- The hygiene hypothesis : do we still believe in it? / Björkstén, B. -- "ABC" of mucosal immunology / Brandtzaeg, P. -- Innate and adaptive immune pathways to tolerance / Thornton, C.A., Morgan, G. -- Hitting the mucosal road in tolerance induction / Wiedermann, U. -- Obesity : extending the hygiene hypothesis / Isolauri, E. ... [et al.] -- Autoimmunity and diet / Cerf-Bensussan, N. -- Eosinophilic esophagitis : example of an emerging allergic manifestation? / Heine, R.G. -- Microbial-host interactions in inflammatory bowel diseases and experimental colitis / Sartor, R.B. -- Development and regulation of immune responses to food antigens in pre- and postnatal life / Renz, H. ... [et al.] -- Novel approaches in treating food allergy using allergens / Rancé, F. -- Allergen avoidance approaches in food allergy management / Koletzko, S., Koletzko, B. -- Role of dietary immunomodulatory factors in the development of immune tolerance / Prescott, S.L. -- Microbial host interactions : selecting the right probiotics and prebiotics for infants / Salminen, S. ... [et al.] -- Probiotics and prebiotics : immunological and clinical effects in allergic disease / Tang, M.L.K. -- Modified proteins in allergy prevention / von Berg, A.
- MicroRNAs and the immune system 2010, Springer ProtocolsA rapid, quantitative assay for direct detection of microRNAs and other small RNAs using splinted ligation -- Normalization of microRNA quantitative RT-PCR data in reduced scale experimental designs -- MicroRNA detection in bone marrow cells by LNA-FISH -- Measuring microRNA expression in size-limited facs-sorted and microdissected samples -- MicroRNA cloning from cells of the immune system -- High-throughput profiling in the hematopoietic system -- Construction of small RNA cDNA libraries for deep sequencing -- MicroRNA-profiling in formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded specimens -- Expression of miRNAs in lymphocytes : A review -- Mouse models for miRNA expression: The ROSA26 locus -- Regulation of monocytopoiesis by microRNAs -- MicroRNA activity in B lymphocytes -- Isolation and characterization of microRNAs of human mature erythrocytes -- Stable overexpression of miRNAs in bone marrow-derived murine mast cells using lentiviral expression vectors -- Monitoring microRNA activity and validating microRNA targets by reporter-based approaches -- Lentivirus-mediated antagomir expression -- Solution structure of miRNA:mRNA complex -- MiRNA editing -- Computational prediction of microRNA targets -- Large-scale integration of microRNA and gene expression data for identification of enriched microRNA-mRNA associations in biological systems -- Identification and validation of the cellular targets of virus-encoded microRNAs.
- Middleton's Allergy. 6th ed. v. 1-2, 2003.
- Middleton's Allergy. 7th ed. v. 1-2, 2009., MD Consult
- Molecular autoimmunity 2005, Springer
- Molecular biology of B cells 2004, ScienceDirect
- Molecular immunology of complex carbohydrates-3 2011, SpringerPart 1. Introduction to Glyco-Experiences -- Serendipity in Scientific Discoveries: Some Examples in Glycosciences / Yuan-Chuan Lee -- My 30-Year Devotion to the N-Linked Oligosaccharide Structures / Noriko Takahashi -- Part 2. Blood Group ABH/Le-related Antigens -- Human Blood Group ABH/Ii, Lea,b,x,y, and Sialyl Lea,x Glycotopes; Internal Structures; and Immunochemical Roles of Human Ovarian Cyst Glycoproteins / Albert M. Wu -- Lewis Glyco-Epitopes: Structure, Biosynthesis, and Functions / Hui-Li Chen -- A Unique Endo-β-Galactosidase that Cleaves Both Blood Group A and B Glycotopes / Su-Chen Li, Kimberly M. Anderson and Yu-Teh Li -- Part 3. Lectins -- Recognition Roles of Mammalian Structural Units and Polyvalency in Lectin-Glycan Interactions / Albert M. Wu, Jia-Haw Liu, Tanuja Singh and Zhangung Yang -- Adhesion/Growth-Regulatory Galectins: Insights into Their Ligand Selectivity Using Natural Glycoproteins and Glycotopes / Albert M. Wu, Tanuja Singh, Jia-Hau Liu, Sabine André and Martin Lensch, et al. -- Glycotope Structures and Intramolecular Affinity Factors of Plant Lectins for Tn/T Antigens / Pierre Rougé, Willy J. Peumans, Els J. M. Van Damme, Annick Barre and Tanuja Singh, et al. -- The Five Bacterial Lectins (PA-IL, PA-IIL, RSL, RS-IIL, and CV-IIL): Interactions with Diverse Animal Cells and Glycoproteins / Nechama Gilboa-Garber, Keren D. Zinger-Yosovich, Dvora Sudakevitz, Batya Lerrer and Anne Imberty, et al. -- On the Differential Sialic Acid Specificity of Lectins from Different Parts of Saraca indica / Bishnu P. Chatterjee and Mainak Majumder -- Regulation of Lectin Production by the Human Pathogens Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Chromobacterium violaceum: Effects of Choline, Trehalose, and Ethanol / Nachman C. Garber, Keren D. Zinger-Yosovich, Dvora Sudakevitz, Itschak Axelrad and Nechama Gilboa-Garber -- Non-carbohydrate-Mediated Interaction of Lectins with Plant Proteins / Jared Q. Gerlach, Michelle Kilcoyne, Seron Eaton, Veer Bhavanandan and Lokesh Joshi -- Novel Concepts About the Role of Lectins in the Plant Cell / Els J. M. Van Dammes, Elke Fouquaert, Nausicaä Lannoo, Gianni Vandenborre and Dieter Schouppe, et al. --Part 4. Structures and Functions of Glycolipids -- Role of Gangliosides and Plasma Membrane-Associated Sialidase in the Process of Cell Membrane Organization / Sandro Sonnino, Vanna Chigorno, Massimo Aureli, Anie Priscilla Masilamani and Manuela Valsecchi, et al. -- 9-O-Acetyl GD3 in Lymphoid and Erythroid Cells / Kankana Mukherjee, Suchandra Chowdhury, Susmita Mondal, Chandan Mandal and Sarmila Chandra, et al. -- GM3 Upregulation of Matrix Metalloproteinase-9 Possibly Through PI3K, AKT, RICTOR, RHOGDI-2, and TNF-A Pathways in Mouse Melanoma B16 Cells / Pu Wang, Xiaodong Wang, Peixing Wu, Jinghai Zhang and Toshinori Sato, et al. -- Pathological Roles of Ganglioside Mimicry in Guillain-Barré Syndrome and Related Neuropathies / Robert K. Yu, Toshio Ariga, Seigo Usuki and Ken-ichi Kaida -- Structure and Function of Glycolipids in Thermophilic Bacteria / Feng-Ling Yang, Yu-Liang Yang and Shih-Hsiung Wu -- Lipooligosaccharides of Neisseria Species: Similarity Between N. polysaccharea and N. meningitidis LOSs / Chao-Ming Tsai -- Part 5. Structures and Functions of Complex Carbohydrates -- Roles for N- and O-Glycans in Early Mouse Development / Suzannah A. Williams and Pamela Stanley -- Glycobiology in the Field of Gerontology (Glycogerontology) / Akira Kobata -- Galectins in Regulation of Apoptosis / Fu-Tong Liu, Ri-Yao Yang, Jun Saegusa, Huan-Yuan Chen and Daniel K. Hsu -- Avian and Human Influenza Virus Receptors and Their Distribution / Yasuo Suzuki -- Importance of a Factor VIIIc-Like Glycoprotein Expressed in Capillary Endothelial Cells (eFactor VIIIc) in Angiogenesis / Dipak K. Banerjee, Caroline M. Oliveira, José J. Tavárez, Viswa N. Katiyar and Subiman Saha, et al. -- Mucin O-Glycan Branching Enzymes: Structure, Function, and Gene Regulation / Pi-Wan Cheng and Prakash Radhakrishnan -- Studying Carbohydrate Self-Recognition in Marine Sponges Using Synthetic Aggregation Factor Epitopes / Johannis P. Kamerling and Adriana Carvalho de Souza -- Docking of Chitin Oligomers and Nod Factors on Lectin Domains of the LysM-RLK Receptors in the Medicago-Rhizobium Symbiosis / Pierre Rougé, Wim Nerinckx, Clare Gough, Jean-Jacques Bono and Annick Barre -- Part 6. Glycoimmunology -- O-Acetylated Sialic Acids and Their Role in Immune Defense / Roland Schauer, G. Vinayaga Srinivasan, Dirk Wipfler, Bernhard Kniep and Reinhard Schwartz-Albiez -- Sialylated and Sulfated Carbohydrate Ligands for Selectins and Siglecs: Involvement in Traffic and Homing of Human Memory T and B Lymphocytes / Reiji Kannagi, Katsuyuki Ohmori, Guo-Yun Chen, Keiko Miyazaki and Mineko Izawa, et al. -- Diversity of Natural Anti-α-Galactosyl Antibodies in Human Serum / Elwira Lisowska and Maria Duk -- Significance of Serum Glycoprotein Profiles in Spontaneous Tolerance After Liver Allograft Transplantation / Pei-Weng Wang and Tai-Long Pan -- Part 7. Glycobiology of Cancer -- Hematogenous Metastasis: Roles of CD44v and Alternative Sialofucosylated Selectin Ligands / Konstantinos Konstantopoulos and Susan N. Thomas -- Regulation of Glycosyltransferase Genes in Apoptotic Breast Cancer Cells Induced by l-PPMP and Cisplatin / Rui Ma, Elizabeth A. Hopp, N. Matthew Decker, Audrey Loucks and James R. Johnson, et al. -- Aberrant Glycosphingolipid Expression and Membrane Organization in Tumor Cells: Consequences on Tumor-Host Interactions / Alessandro Prinetti, Simona Prioni, Nicoletta Loberto, Massimo Aureli and Valentina Nocco, et al. -- Human KDN (Deaminated Neuraminic Acid) and Its Elevated Expression in Cancer Cells: Mechanism and Significance / Sadako Inoue, Ken Kitajima, Chihiro Sato and Shinji Go -- Polysialic Acid Bioengineering of Cancer and Neuronal Cells by N-Acyl Sialic Acid Precursor Treatment / Robert A. Pon, Wei Zou and Harold J. Jennings -- Part 8. Glyco Applications -- Synthesis of Hemagglutinin-Binding Trisaccharides / Cheng-Chung Wang, Suvarn S. Kulkarni, Medel Manuel L. Zulueta and Shang-Cheng Hung -- Fabrication and Applications of Glyconanomaterials / Po-Chiao Lin, Avijit Kumar Adak and Chun-Cheng Lin -- Glycan Arrays to Decipher the Specificity of Plant Lectins / Els J. M. Van Damme, David F. Smith, Richard Cummings and Willy J. Peumans -- Targeting C-Type Lectin for the Treatment of Flavivirus Infections / Szu-Ting Chen, Yi-Ling Lin, Ming-Ting Huang, Ming-Fang Wu and Shie-Liang Hsieh.
- Molecular mechanisms of bacterial infection via the gut 2009, SpringerFunctional morphology of the gastrointestinal tract /L. Shen --Vibrio cholerae interactions with the gastrointestinal tract: Lessons from animal studies /J.M. Ritchie and M.K. Waldor --Interaction of Yersinia with the gut: Mechanisms of pathogenesis and immune evasion /P. Dube --Molecular mechanisms of Salmonella virulence and host resistance /Y. Valdez, R.B.R. Ferreira and B.B. Finlay --Virulence mechanisms and persistence strategies of the human gastric pathogen Helicobacter pylori /tW. Fischer, S. Prassl and R. Haas --Listeria as an enteroinvasive gastrointestinal pathogen /S.B. Barbuddhe and T. Chakraborty --Molecular mechanisms of Campylobacter infection /J.P.M. Putten ... [et al.] --Shigella infection of intestinal epithelium and circumvention of the host innate defense system /H. Ashida ... [et al.].
- Molecular mimicry 2005, SpringerMolecular mimicry, microbial infection, and autoimmune disease : evolution of the concept / M.B.A. Oldstone -- The structural interactions between T cell receptors and MHC-peptide complexes place physical limits on self-nonself discrimination / K.W. Wucherpfennig -- A virus-induced molecular mimicry model of multiple sclerosis / J.K. Olson, A.M. Ercolini, and S.D. Miller -- Suppression of autoimmunity via microbial mimics of altered peptide ligands / L. Steinman, P.J. Utz, and W.H. Robinson -- Molecular and cellular mechanisms, pathogenesis, and treatment of insulin-dependent diabetes obtained through study of a transgenic model of molecular mimicry / M.B.A. Oldstone -- Trypanosoma cruzi-induced molecular mimicry and Chagas' disease / N. Gironès, H. Cuervo, and M. Fresno -- HTLV-1 induced molecular mimicry in neurological disease / S.M. Lee ... [et al.] -- Molecular mimicry : anti-DNA antibodies bind microbial and nonnucleic acid self-antigens / J.S. Rice ... [et al.] -- Chlamydia and antigenic mimicry / K. Bachmaier and J.M. Penninger.
- Monoclonal antibodies 2007., Springer Protocols
- Mucosal immune defense 2007, Springer
- Mucosal immunology and virology 2006, SpringerThe role of mucosal immunity in protection against viral diseases / Vandana Madkan, Karan Sra, and Stephen K. Tyring -- Anogenital mucosal immunology and virology / Anthony Simmons -- Gastrointestinal mucosal immunology / David A. Bland, Carlos A. Barrera, and Victor E. Reyes -- Virology of the gastrointestinal tract / Richard L. Ward ... [et al.] -- Oral manifestations of viral diseases / Denis P. Lynch -- Common respiratory viruses and pulmonary mucosal immunology / David B. Huang -- Ophthalmic manifestations of viral diseases / Steven Yeh and Mitchell P. Weikert.
- Mucosal immunology. 3rd ed. 2005, ScienceDirect
- Mucosal vaccines 2012, Springer
- Multigenic and induced systemic resistance in plants 2006, Springer
- Myc/Max/Mad transcription factor network 2006, Springer
- Natural immunity 2005, ScienceDirect
- Natural killer cells 2010, Springer
- Natural killer T cells 2012, SpringerIntroduction : mechanisms of NKT-cell-mediated adjuvant activity and function of iPS-derived NKT cells / Masaru Taniguchi ... [et al.] -- Structure and recognition of antigens for invariant NKT cells / Bo Pei and Mitchell Kronenberg -- Invariant NKT cell-based vaccine strategies / John-Paul Jukes ... [et al.] -- Immune regulation of tumor immunity by NKT cells / Jessica J. O'Konek, Jay A. Berzofsky, and Masaki Terabe -- The regulation of CD1d+ and CD1d- tumors by NKT cells : the roles of NKT cells in regulating CD1d+ and CD1d- tumor immunity / Jianyun Liu, Gourapura J. Renukaradhya, and Randy R. Brutkiewicz -- DC-based immunotherapy targeting NKT cells / Shin-ichiro Fujii and Kanako Shimizu -- Therapeutic approaches utilising NKT cells / Stephen R. Mattarollo and Mark J. Smyth -- NKT cells or cancer patients and how models can inform therapeutic plans / Mark A. Exley, Lydia Lynch, and Michael Nowak -- Understanding the role of natural killer T cells in hematologic malignancies : progress and challenges / Natalia Neparidze and Madhav V. Dhodapkar -- Clinical trials with alpha-galactosylceramide (KRN7000) in advanced cancer / Famke L. Schneiders ... [et al.] -- Clinical trials of invariant natural killer T cell-based immunotherapy for cancer / Shinichiro Motohashi, Yoshitaka Okamoto, and Toshinori Nakayama.
- Natural resistance mechanisms of plants to viruses 2006, Springer
- Negative co-receptors and ligands 2011, Springer880-01TIM-3 and its regulatory role in immune responses / Chen Zhu, Ana C. Anderson and Vijay K. Kuchroo -- Role of PD-1 in regulating T-cell immunity / Hyun-Tak Jin, Rafi Ahmed and Taku Okazaki -- The role of IL-10 in regulating immunity to persistent viral infections / Elizabeth B. Wilson and David G. Brooks -- Inhibitory Ly49 receptors on mouse natural killer cells / Mark T. Orr and Lewis L. Lanier -- Immunoregulatory roles for Fc receptor-like molecules / Götz R.A. Ehrhardt and Max D. Cooper -- Fc[gamma]Rs in health and disease / Falk Nimmerjahn and Jeffrey V. Ravetch -- TGF-[beta] function in immune suppression / Akihiko Yoshimura and Go Muto.
- Neonatal immunity 2005, SpringerStructure and function of immune system in vertebrates -- Ontogeny and development of cells mediating innate and adaptive immunity -- Phenotypic characteristics of neonatal B cells -- Molecular characteristics of neonatal B cell repertoire -- Genetically programmed temporal ordered activation of neonatal B cell clones -- Antibody response in fetus and newborn -- Effect of maternal antibodies on neonatal B cell response -- Neonatal autoimmune diseases caused by maternal pathogenic autoantibodies -- Phenotypic characteristics of neonatal T cells -- Expression of MHC molecules in neonates -- Neonatal cytokine network -- Cell-mediated immune responses in neonates -- Fetal and neonatal tolerance -- Development of efficient prophylactic vaccines and theracines for newborns and infants .
- Nerve-driven immunity 2012, Springer
- Network collective 2008, Springer
- Neurogenic inflammation in health and disease 2009, ScienceDirect
- Neuroimmunological basis of behavior and mental disorders 2009, Springer
- Neuroimmunology of sleep 2007, Springer
- Neuroimmunology of the skin 2009, Springer
- Neurologic involvement in systemic autoimmune diseases 2004, ScienceDirectSystemic lupus erythematosus -- Antiphospholipid syndrome -- Rheumatoid arthritis -- Inflammatory muscle diseases -- Vasculitides -- Other conditions with neurologic involvement.
- Neutrophil 2003, Karger
- New foundation of biology 2001, ScienceDirect
- New generation vaccines. 3rd ed. 2004, CRCnetBASE
- New paradigm of immunity to tuberculosis 2013, Springer
- New perspectives in regeneration 2013, SpringerMechanisms of Vessel Regression: Toward an Understanding of the Resolution of Angiogenesis /Mateusz S. Wietecha, Wendy L. Cerny, Luisa A. DiPietro --Wound Healing in Mammals and Amphibians: Toward Limb Regeneration in Mammals /Aiko Kawasumi, Natsume Sagawa, Shinichi Hayashi --Cellular Plasticity During Vertebrate Appendage Regeneration /James R. Monaghan, Malcolm Maden --Cell Signaling Pathways in Vertebrate Lens Regeneration /Jonathan J. Henry, Alvin G. Thomas, Paul W. Hamilton --Regenerative Medicine: Challenges and Perspectives for Successful Therapies /S. Viswanathan, C. Joshi --Employing the Biology of Successful Fracture Repair to Heal Critical Size Bone Defects /Jo Ann Cameron, Derek J. Milner, Jung Seok Lee --Muscle Repair and Regeneration: Stem Cells, Scaffolds, and the Contributions of Skeletal Muscle to Amphibian Limb Regeneration /Derek J. Milner, Jo Ann Cameron --Neural Regeneration /Melissa M. Steward, Akshayalakshmi Sridhar --Teleost Fish as a Model System to Study Successful Regeneration of the Central Nervous System /Günther K. H. Zupanc, Ruxandra F. Sîrbulescu --Epigenetics and Regeneration /Nobuyasu Maki, Hironobu Kimura --Cell Cycle Regulation and Regeneration /Ellen Heber-Katz, Yong Zhang, Khamila Bedelbaeva.
- New trends in allergy and atopic eczema 2012, KargerAllergy in evolution / Platts-Mills, T.A.E. -- Climate change, environment and allergy / Behrendt, H., Ring, J. -- The hygiene hypothesis does not apply to atopic eczema in childhood / Cramer, C. ... [et al.] -- Molecular genetics of atopic eczema / Ring, J., Mohrenschlager, M., Weidinger, S. -- Mechanisms of immune tolerance to allergens / Fujita, H. ... [et al.] -- TH17 and TH22 in skin allergy / Cavani, A., Pennino, D., Eyerich, K. -- IL-25 induces both inflammation and skin barrier dysfunction in atopic dermatitis / Deleuran, M. ... [et al.] -- Angiogenesis, lymphangiogenesis and atopic dermatitis / Genovese, A. ... [et al.] -- What can dogs bring to atopic dermatitis research? / Olivry, T. -- Can microbial superantigens influence atopic dermatitis flares? / Alomar, A. -- Inflammation-induced alterations in the skin barrier function: implications in atopic dermatitis / Vestergaard, C. ... [et al.] -- Itch and eczema / Darsow, U. -- Eczema herpeticum / Wollenberg, A. -- Bone mineral density in patients with atopic dermatitis / Haeck, I. -- Immunosuppressive effect of prolactin-induced protein / Sugiura, S. ... [et al.] -- Is food allergy testing reliable in pediatric atopic dermatitis? A population-based study / Keck, L.E. ... [et al.] -- New strategies for dealing with staphylococcus aureus colonization and the emerging methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus epidemic in atopic dermatitis / Boguniewicz, M. -- Anti-IL-4 as a new strategy in allergy / Schmidt-Weber, C.B. -- New drug targets in atopic dermatitis / Simon, D., Simon, H.U. -- Latest approaches to treating atopic dermatitis / Paller, A.S.
- NF-kB in health and disease 2011, SpringerUnderstanding the logic of I[kappa]B:NF-[kappa]B regulation in structural terms / Tom Huxford, Alexander Hoffmann and Gourisankar Ghosh -- NF-[kappa]B/Rel proteins and the humoral immune responses of Drosophila melanogaster / Sandhya Ganesan ... [et al.] -- Specialized chromatin patterns in the control of inflammatory gene expression / Gioacchino Natoli -- IKK regulation and human genetics / Giles Courtois and Alain Israel -- Control of NF-[kappa]B activity by proteolysis / Veronique Baud and Emmanuel Derudder -- NF-[kappa]B and Innate immunity / Anurupa Dev ... [et al.] -- NF-[kappa]B and mucosal homeostasis / Lars Eckmann and Andrew S. Neish -- IKK- and NF-[kappa]B-mediated functions in carcinogenesis / Melek C. Arkan and Florian R. Greten -- Macrophages and NF-[kappa]B in cancer / Toby Lawrence -- NF-[kappa]B in liver cancer : The plot thickens / Shlomi Finkin and Eli Pikarsky -- NF-[kappa]B as a target for oncogenic viruses / Shao-Cong Sun and Ethel Cesarman -- Inhibition of NF-[kappa]B signaling as a strategy in disease therapy / Thomas D. Gilmore and Michael R. Garbati.
- Nucleic acids in innate immunity 2008, CRCnetBASEClinical development of oligodeoxynucleotide TLR9 agonists / by Julie L. Himes and Arthur M. Krieg -- Prospects for TLR9- based immunotherapy for asthma and allergy / by David Broide -- Toll-like receptors in the development of systemic autoimmune disease : in vitro artifact or in vivo paradigm? / by Ann Rothstein -- Impacts of nucleoside modification on RNA-mediated activation of toll-like receptors / by Katalin Kariko and Drew Weissman -- Activation of innate pattern recognition pathways by single-stranded ribonucleic acids / by Sandra Diebold -- RNA interference in scope of immune system / by Andrea Ablasser, Gunther Hartmann, and Veit Hornung -- Recognition of RNA and synthetic compounds by TLR7 and TLR8 / by Svetlana Hamm and Stefan Bauer -- Helicases at frontline of RNA virus recognition / by Leonid Gitlin and Marco Colonna.Structural analysis of toll-like receptors / by Jungwoo Choe and Ian A. Wilson -- Antiviral signaling through TLRs and RLHs / by Taro Kawai -- Recognition of virus invasion by toll-like receptors and RIG-I-like helicases / by Hiroki Kato and Osamu Takeuchi -- Characteristics of dendritic cell responses to nucleic acids / by Tsuneyasu Kaisho, Takahiro Sugiyama, and Katsuaki Hoshino -- Dendritic cells as sensors for foreign and self nucleic acids / by Anne Krug and Wolfgang Reindl -- Natural DNA recognition by toll-like receptor 9 does not reply upon CpG motifs: role of endosomal compartmentation / by Tobias Haas ... [et al.] -- Discrimination of self and non-self DNA / by Katryn J. Stacey ... [et al.] -- Therapeutic potential of immunosuppressive oligonucleotides expressing TTAGGG motifs / by Dennis M. Klinman ... [et al.] -- Structure/function of IFN?-inducing CpG ODN / by Daniela Verthelyi and Montserrat Puig --
- Osteoimmunology 2010, SpringerThe role of bone marrow edema and lymphangiogenesis in inflammatory-erosive arthritis / Edward M. Schwarz ... [et al.] -- Activation of [gamma][delta] T cells by bisphosphonates / Keith Thompson ... [et al.] -- Identification of cell cycle-arrested quiescent osteoclast precursors in vivo / Naoyuki Takahashi ... [et al.] -- Megakaryocyte-bone cell interactions / Melissa A. Kacena and Wendy A. Ciovacco -- Regulation of osteoblast differentiation by Runx2 / Toshihisa Komori -- Communication between ephrinB2 and ephB4 within the osteoblast lineage / T.J. Martin ... [et al.] -- The unexpected link between osteoclasts and the immune system / Hiroshi Takayanagi -- NFATc1 in inflammatory and musculoskeletal conditions / Antonios O. Aliprantis and Laurie H. Glimcher -- Novel functions of RANK(L) signaling in the immune system / Andreas Leibbrandt and Josef M. Penninger -- Eph and ephrin interactions in bone / Koichi Matsuo -- How do bone cells secret proteins? / Haibo Zhao ... [et al.] -- Regulation of osteoclast apoptosis by Bcl-2 family protein Bim and caspase-3 / Sakae Tanaka ... [et al.] -- Regulation of bone formation and immune cell development by Schnurri proteins / Dallas C. Jones and Laurie H. Glimcher.
- Osteoimmunology. 1st ed. 2011, ScienceDirect1. Overview: The Developing Field of Osteoimmunology / Joseph Lorenzo, Yongwon Choi, Mark Horowitz, Hiroshi Takayanagi -- 2. Origins of Osteoclasts / Deborah L. Galson, G. David Roodman -- 3. The Adaptive Immune Response / David G. Hesslein, Hector L. Aguila, Mark C. Horowitz -- 4. The Role of Bone Cells in Establishing the Hematopoietic Stem Cell Niche / Joy Y. Wu, Henry M. Kronenberg -- 5. Osteoblasts and their Signaling Pathways: New Frontiers for Linkage to the Immune System / Jane B. Lian, Ellen M. Gravallese, Gary S. Stein -- 6. The Osteoclast: The Pioneer of Osteoimmunology / Roberta Faccio, Yongwon Choi, Steven L. Teitelbaum, Hiroshi Takayanagi -- 7. The Effects of Immune Cell Products (Cytokines and Hematopoietic Cell Growth Factors) on Bone Cells / Joseph Lorenzo -- 8. Interactions Among Osteoblasts, Osteoclasts, and Other Cells in Bone / T. John Martin, Natalie A. Sims, Julian M.W. Quinn -- 9. The Role of the Immune System in the Development of Osteoporosis / Ulrike I. Mödder, B. Lawrence Riggs, Sundeep Khosla -- 10. The Role of the Immune System in the Bone Loss of Inflammatory Arthritis / Steven R. Goldring, Georg Schett -- 11. Inflammatory Bowel Disease and Bone / Francisco A. Sylvester, Anthony T. Vella -- 12. The Role of the Immune System in Fracture Healing / Brandon M. Steen, Louis C. Gerstenfeld, Thomas A. Einhorn -- 13. The Role of the Immune System and Bone Cells in Acute and Chronic Osteomyelitis / Brendan F. Boyce, Lianping Xing, Edward M. Schwarz -- 14. The Role of the Immune System in Hematologic Malignancies that Affect Bone / Jessica A. Fowler, Claire M. Edwards, Gregory R. Mundy -- 15. Osteoimmunology in the Oral Cavity (Periodontal Disease, Lesions of Endodontic Origin and Orthodontic Tooth Movement) / Dana T. Graves, Rayyan A. Kayal, Thomas Oates, Gustavo P. Garlet.
- Parasites and allergy 2006, Karger
- Patch testing and prick testing. 2nd ed. 2009, Springer
- Pathogen derived immunomodulatory molecules 2009, SpringerBacterial toxins as immunomodulators / David S. Donaldson and Neil A. Williams -- Innate immune evasion by staphylococci / Karin Ellen Veldkamp and Jos A.G. van Strijp -- Bacterial complement escape / Ilse Jongerius, Sanjay Ram, and Suzan Rooijakkers -- Modulation of innate immune signalling pathways by viral proteins / Orla Mulhern, Barry Harrington, and Andrew G. Bowie -- Viral TNF inhibitors as potential therapeutics / Masmudur M. Rahman, Alexandra R. Lucas, and Grant McFadden -- Lipoxins as an immune-escape mechanism / Fabiana S. Machado and Julio Aliberti -- Immunomodulatory activity and therapeutic potential of the filarial nematode secreted product, ES62 / William Harnett and Margaret M. Harnett -- Helminth-derived immunomodulatory molecules / Poom Adisakwattana ... [et al.] -- Fungal-derived immune modulating molecules / Tania C. Sorrell and Sharon C.A. Chen -- The immunosuppresive tick salivary protein, Salp15 / Ignacio J. Juncadella and Juan Anguita -- The serpin saga; development of a new class of virus derived anti-inflammatory protein immunotherapeutics / Alexandra Lucas ... [et al.] -- Helminthic therapy : using worms to treat immune-mediated disease / David E. Elliott and Joel V. Weinstock -- Chemokine binding proteins encoded by pathogens / Antonio Alcami and Margarida Saraiva.
- Patterson's Allergic diseases. 7th ed. 2009, OvidReview of immunology -- Immunology of IgE-mediated and other hypersensitivity responses -- Biochemical mediators of allergic reactions -- Evaluation and management of immune deficiency in allergy practice -- Evaluation of eosinophilia -- Allergens and other factors important in atopic disease -- Airborne pollen prevalence in the United States -- Diagnosis of immediate hypersensitivity -- Physiologic and biologic evaluation of allergic lung diseases -- Radiologic evaluation of allergic and related diseases of the upper airway -- Radiologic evaluation of allergic and related diseases of the lower airway -- Chronic rhinosinusitis role of rhinoscopy and surgery -- Principles of immunologic management of allergic diseases due to extrinsic antigens -- Anaphylaxis -- Allergy to stinging insects -- Erythema multiforme, Stevens-Johnson Syndrome, and toxic epidermal necrolysis -- Drug allergy -- Food allergies -- Asthma -- The infant and toddler with asthma -- Management of acute severe asthma -- Asthma clinical trials -- Hypersensitivity pneumonitis -- Allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis -- Occupational immunlogic lung disease -- Allergic rhinitis -- Nasal polyposis, sinusitis, and nonallergic rhinitis -- Allergic diseases of the eye and ear -- Atopic dermatitis -- Contact dermatitis -- Urticaria, angioedema, and hereditary angioedema -- Approach to the patient with pruritus -- Antihistamines -- β [beta] agonists -- Corticosteroids in treatment of allergic diseases -- Other antiallergic drugs: cromolyn, nedocromil, antileukotrienes, anticholinergics, and theophylline -- Delivery devices for inhaled medications -- Novel immunologic therapies -- Allergic disorders and pregnancy -- Eosinophilic esophagitis -- Chronic cough -- Sleep disorders in the allergic patient -- Management of the psychologically complicated patient -- Controversial and unproved methods in allergy diagnosis and treatment.
- Pediatric allergy, asthma and immunology 2008, Springer
- Phagocytosis of dying cells 2009, Springer
- Phosphoinositides and disease 2012, SpringerLinkPhosphoinositides (PIs) are minor components of cellular membranes that play critical regulatory roles in several intracellular functions. This book describes the main enzymes regulating the turnover of each of the seven PIs in mammalian cells, some of their intracellular functions and some evidence of their involvement in human diseases. Due to the complex inter-relation between the distinct PIs and the plethora of functions that they can regulate inside a cell, this book is not meant to be a comprehensive coverage of all aspects of PIs signalling but rather an overview on the current state of the field and where it could go from here. Phosphoinositide and inositol phosphates interact with and modulate the recruitment and activation of key regulatory proteins and in doing so control diverse functions including cell growth and proliferation, apoptosis, cytoskeletal dynamics, insulin action, vesicle trafficking and nuclear function. Initially, inositide signaling was limited to the PLC pathway; however, it is now clear that all the seven phosphoinositides and more than 30 different inositol phosphates likely have specific signaling functions. Moreover there is a growing list of proteins that are regulated by inositol signaling. This has raised the question as to how inositol signaling can control diverse processes and yet maintain signaling specificity. Controlling the levels of inositol signaling molecules and their subcellular compartmentalisation is likely to be critical. This meeting will bring together scientists from different backgrounds to discuss how understanding inositol signaling may be used to target complex human diseases that manifest themselves when inositol signaling is deregulated.
- Post-transplant lymphoproliferative disorders 2010, SpringerIntroduction / Vikas R. Dharnidharka, Michael Green and Steven Webber -- Historical Perspective on the Early Studies of Posttransplant Lymphoproliferative Disorders (PTLD) / Douglas W. Hanto -- Epidemiology of PTLD / Vikas R. Dharnidharka -- The Biology of Epstein-Barr Virus and Posttransplant Lymphoproliferative Disease / Olivia M. Martinez -- Epstein-Barr Viral Load Testing: Role in the Prevention, Diagnosis and Management of Posttransplant Lymphoproliferative Disorders / Jutta K. Preiksaitis -- Clinical Features and Diagnostic Evaluation of Posttransplant Lymphoproliferative Disorder / Upton D. Allen -- Pathology / Steven H. Swerdlow -- Prognostic Factors for PTLD / Tapan Maniar and Donald Tsai -- Treatment of PTLD / Steven A. Webber -- Prevention of Epstein-Barr Virus Infection and Posttransplant Lymphoproliferative Disease Following Transplantation / Michael Green and Marian Michaels -- Organ Specific Issues of PTLD - Kidney / Sophie Caillard -- Posttransplantation Lymphoproliferative Disorder (PTLD) in Liver and Small Bowel Transplant Recipients / Jaime Pineda and George V. Mazariegos -- Heart and Lung Transplantation / Silke Wiesmayr and Steven A. Webber -- Posttransplant Lymphoproliferative Disease (PTLD) in Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation (HSCT) / Thomas G. Gross -- Research Priorities and Future Directions / Vikas R. Dharnidharka, Michael Green and Steven A. Webber.
- Prevention of allergy and allergic asthma 2004, Karger
- Primary immunodeficiency diseases 2008, Springer
- Primer of neuroimmunological disease 2012, SpringerImmunology for the Non-immunologist --Neurology for the Non-neurologist --Neuroimmunology for the Non-neuroimmunologist --The Prototypic Neuroimmunological CNS Disease: Multiple Sclerosis, a Precis --Multiple Sclerosis: Diagnosis --Multiple Sclerosis Mimics --Multiple Sclerosis Therapy --Experimental Models of MS --Guillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS) and Other Immune-Mediated Neuropathies --Neuromuscular Neuroimmunological Diseases: Myasthenia Gravis --The Prototypic Neuroimmunological Muscle Disease: Dermatomyositis --A Introduction to Neurological Infections: Neuro-infectious Disease as Part of Neuroimmunology --Neurological Manifestations of Systemic Chronic Inflammatory Disease --The Neuroimmunology of Cancer: Paraneoplastic Syndromes and Primary CNS Lymphoma --Neuroimmunology of Degenerative Diseases and Stroke --Important Rare Neuroimmunological Diseases --Neuroimmunological Molecules and Translational Medicine --Neuroimmunological Diagnostic Tests --Therapy in Neuroimmunological Disease.
- Principles of immunopharmacology. 2nd rev. and extended ed. 2005, Springer
- Principles of osteoimmunology 2012, Springer
- Procedia in vaccinology v. 1-, 2009-, ScienceDirect
- Proteases and their receptors in inflammation 2011, Springer
- Regulatory T cells and clinical application 2008, Springer
- Adenosine deaminases acting on RNA (A...
- — Dermatologic immunity ..................
- Detecting allergens in food ............
- — Inflammasomes ..........................
- Inflammation and atherosclerosis .......
- — Regulatory T cells and clinical appli...
- Regulatory T cells in inflammation .....
- — Visualizing immunity ...................
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
1st ed. [print] 2013
Author: Ofri, Danielle