Books by Subject
Allergy and Immunology
- Adenosine deaminases acting on RNA (A...
- — DNA vaccines. 2nd ed. ..................
- Drug allergy ...........................
- — Inflammation and atherosclerosis .......
- Inflammation and cancer ................
- — Primer of neuroimmunological disease ...
- Principles of immunopharmacology. 2nd...
- — Visualizing immunity ...................
- ADAR proteins : structure and catalytic mechanism /Rena A. Goodman, Mark R. Macbeth and Peter A. Beal --ADAR proteins : double-stranded RNA and Z-DNA binding domains /Pierre Barraud and Frédéric H.-T. Allain --Editing of neurotransmitter receptor and ion channel RNAs in the nervous system /Jennifer L. Hood and Ronald B. Emeson --Modulation of microRNA expression and function by ADARs /Bjorn-Erik Wulff and Kazuko Nishikura --Nuclear editing of mRNA 3'-UTRs /Ling-Ling Chen and Gordon G. Carmichael --Control of ADAR1 editing of hepatitis delta virus RNAs /John L. Casey --Bioinformatic approaches for identification of A-to-I editing sites /Eli Eisenberg --ADARs : viruses and innate immunity /Charles E. Samuel --Role of ADARs in mouse development /Carl R. Walkley, Brian Liddicoat and Jochen C. Hartner --Regulation and functions of ADAR in Drosophila /Simona Paro, Xianghua Li, Mary A. O'Connell and Liam P. Keegan.
- Adenosine receptors 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Adipose tissue and adipokines in health and disease 2007, SpringerThe adipose organ / Saverio Cinti -- Metabolism of white adipose tissue / Michel Beylot -- Leptin / Malaka B. Jackson and Rexford S. Ahima -- Adiponectin / Aimin Xu, Yu Wang, and Karen S.L. Lam -- Vasoactive factors and inflammatory mediators produced in adipose tissue / Gema Frohbeck -- Regulation of the immune response by leptin / Victor Sanchez-Margalet ... [et al.] -- Leptin in autoimmune disease / Giuseppe Matarese -- Leptin and gastrointestinal inflammation / Arvind Batra and Britta Siegmund -- Adiponectin and inflammation / Yuji Matsuzawa -- Macrophages, adipocytes, and obesity / Anthony W. Ferrante, Jr. -- Interactions of adipose and lymphoid tissues / Caroline M. Pond -- Adipose tissue and mast cells: adipokines as Yin-Yang modulators of inflammation / George N. Chaldakov ... [et al.] -- Bone marrow adipose tissue / Patrick Laharrague and Louis Castella -- Environmental aspects of obesity / Lisa Diewald, Myles S. Faith, and Meredith S. Dolan -- The genetics of obesity: five fundamental problems with the famine hypothesis / John R. Speakman -- Developmental perspectives on the origins of obesity / Cristopher W. Kuzawa, Peter D. Gluckman, and Mark A. Hanson -- The epidemiology of obesity / Carol A. Braunschweig -- Inherited and acquired lipodystrophies: disorders of adipose tissue, development, differentiation, and death / Vinaja Simha and Anil Agarwal -- Mechanisms of cachexia / Robert H. Mak and Wai W. Cheung -- Adipose tissue and insulin resistance / Stephen E. Borst -- Adipokines in non-alcoholic fatty liver disease / Ancha Baranova and Zobair M. Younossi -- Adiposity and cancer / Eugenia E. Calle -- Obesity and cardiovascular disease / Alison M. Morris, Paul Poirier, and Robert H. Eckel -- Obesity and asthma / Elisabeth Luder -- Adiposity and kidney disease / Srinivasan Beddhu and Bonnie Ching-Ha Kwan -- Obesity and joint disease / Andrew J. Teichtahl, Anita E. Wluka, and Flavia M. Cicuttini -- Effect of weight loss on disease / Sergio Jose Bardaro, Dennis Hong, and Lee Swanstrom.
- Adverse cutaneous drug eruptions 2012, Karger"The skin is one of the most frequently involved organs in adverse drug reactions. Occurring with an incidence of 1 to 5 percent for certain types of drugs, cutaneous drug eruptions are mostly benign in nature, and comprise the maculopapular type of eruption and urticaria. However, about one third of them require hospital treatment, leading to a considerable burden for the health care system. In this book, a selected group of experts provide an up-to-date, condensed and clinically relevant overview of the field of cutaneous drug eruptions, ranging from epidemiology and genetic predisposition to available therapeutic measures, including rapid drug desensitization. Reflecting the great progress made in recent years in this field, this publication will be a useful tool for a better understanding, diagnosis and management of cutaneous drug eruptions, not only for general physicians, dermatologists and clinical allergologists, but also for nurses and scientists." -- publisher's site.
- Allergic diseases. 3rd ed. 2007, SpringerAllergic disease: pathophysiology and immunopathology -- Approach to the allergic patient -- Diagnostic tests in allergy -- Environmental allergens -- Anaphylaxis -- Insect sting allergy -- The child with asthma -- Asthma in adults: diagnosis and management -- Allergic rhinitis: diagnosis and treatment -- Sinusitis and otitis media -- Diagnosis and treatment of ocular allergy -- Urticaria and angioedema -- Atopic dermatitis -- Contact dermatitis and other contact reactions -- Food allergy and intolerance -- Allergic and allergic-like reactions to drugs and other therapeutic agents -- Antihistamines -- β-adrenergic agonists -- Theophylline -- Antileukotriene agents in the management of asthma -- Cromolyn and nedocromil: nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory therapy for asthma and other allergic diseases -- Anticholinergic agents in respiratory diseases -- Glucocorticoid therapy in asthma -- Anti-IgE therapy -- Environmental control of respiratory indoor allergens -- Allergen immunotherapy -- Controversies in allergy and allergy-like diseases -- The patient with 'too many infections'.
- Allergy and asthma in modern society 2006, Karger
- Allergy and the nervous system 2012, KargerRelations between asthma and psychological distress: an old idea revisited -- Brain and asthma: what are the linkages? -- Stress-related programming of autonomic imbalance: role in allergy and asthma -- Role of parasympathetic nerves and muscarinic receptors in allergy and asthma -- Developmental programming of allergic diseases -- Mind-body interrelationship in DNA methylation -- Neurotrophins in chronic allergic airway inflammation and remodeling -- Pathways underlying afferent signaling of bronchopulmonary immune activation to the central nervous system -- Allergen-induced neuromodulation in the respiratory tract -- Role of microbiome in regulating the HPA axisd and its relevance to allergy -- Autonomic regulation of anti-inflammatory activities from salivary glands -- Mast cell-nerve functional unit: a key component of physiologic and pathophysiologic responses -- Neural and behavioral correlates of food allergy -- Neuroendocrine-immune connection regulates chronic inflammatory disease in allergy -- Itch and the brain.
- Allergy frontiers v. 1-6, 2009-2010., Springerv. 2, 2009 Springerv. 3, 2009 Springerv. 4, 2009 Springerv. 5, 2010 Springerv. 6, 2010 Springerv. 1. Epigenetics, allergens and risk factors -- v. 2. Classification and pathomechanisms -- v. 3. Clinical manifestations -- v. 4. Diagnosis and health economics -- v. 5. Therapy and prevention -- v. 6. Future perspectives.
- Allergy in practice 2005, Springer
- Allergy methods and protocols 2008, Springer ProtocolsUnderstanding of the molecular mechanisms of allergy /Meinir Jones --T cell : primary culture from peripheral blood /Monika Raulf-Heimsoth --Production of T-cell lines /Helga Kahlert --Production of human T-cell clones /Adrienne Verhoef --Mapping of human T-cell epitopes of allergens /Thomas ZeilerandTuomas Virtanen --Determining MHC restriction of T-cell responses /Mark Larché -- Short-term culture of CD8 cells and intracellular cytokine staining /Beejal VyasandAlistair Noble --Isolation, flow cytometric analysis, and suppression assay of CD4+ CD25+ T-regulatory cells /Hayley Jeal --Monocyte-derived dendritic cells as antigen-presenting cells in T-cell proliferation and cytokine production /Sun-sang J. Sung --Ultrasensitive ELISA for measurement of human cytokine responses in primary culture /William P. Stefura... [et al.] --Quantification of human chemokine production in TLR-stimulated and antigen-specific recall responses /Monique Stinson... [et al.] --Standardization of allergen extracts /Jørgen Nedergaard LarsenandSten Dreborg --Immunoelectrophoresis for the characterization of allergen extracts /Gitte Nordskov HansenandJørgen Nedergaard Larsen --Conjugation of haptens /Ranulfo LemusandMeryl H. Karol --Monoclonal antibodies /Helga KahlertandOliver Cromwell --Purification of antibodies /Per H. Larsson --Collection of air samples to quantify exposure to airborne allergens /Susan Gordon --Assay of air sample eluates /Anne RenströmandSusan Gordon --The halogen assay : a new technique for measuring airborne allergen /Euan Tovey... [et al.] --Measurement of specific IgG anti-Fel d 1 antibodies /Meinir G. Jones --The facilitated antigen binding (FAB) assay : a protocol to measure allergen-specific inhibitory antibody activity /James N. Francis --Microscopic identification and purity determination of pollen grains /Magdalena Rahl --Biopanning for the characterization of allergen mimotopes /Isabella Pali-SchöllandErika Jensen-Jarolim --Identification of mast cells and mast cell subpopulations /Mark BuckleyandAndrew F. Walls --Purification and characterization of mast cell tryptase and chymase from human tissues /Alan R. McEuenandAndrew F. Walls --Experimental activation of mast cells and their pharmacological modulation /Shaoheng HeandAndrew F. Walls --In situ hybridization /Kayhan T. Nouri-Aria.
- Allergy. 4th ed. 2012, ScienceDirectThe new edition of Allergy, by Drs. Stephen Holgate, Martin Church, David Broide, and Fernando Martinez, uses an enhanced clinical focus to provide the clear, accessible guidance you need to treat allergy patients. A more consistent format throughout features new differential diagnosis and treatment algorithms, updated therapeutic drug information in each chapter, and additional coverage of pediatric allergies. With current discussions of asthma, allergens, pollutants, drug treatment, and more, as well as access to the full text and illustrations online at www.expertconsult.com, this comprehensive resource is ideal for any non-specialist who treats patients with allergies. Prescribe appropriate therapies and effectively manage patients' allergies using detailed treatment protocols. Identify allergic conditions quickly and easily with algorithms that provide at-a-glance assistance. Explore topics in greater detail using extensive references to key literature.
- Analyzing T cell responses 2005, Springer
- Anaphylaxis 2010, KargerHistory and epidemiology -- History and classification of anaphylaxis -- Epidemiology of anaphylaxis -- Mechanisms -- T-cell response to allergens -- Anaphylaxis: mechanisms of mast cell activation -- Kinins, airway obstruction, and anaphylaxis -- Role for basophils in systemic anaphylaxis -- Human cardiac mast cells in anaphylaxis -- Diagnosis and clinical symptomatology -- Mastocytosis -- In vitro diagnosis of anaphylaxis -- Allergens and elicitors -- Insect venoms -- Classification and pathophysiology of radiocontrast media hypersensitivity -- Analgesics -- Anaphylaxis to general anesthetics -- Anaphylactic reactions to local anesthetics -- Treatment and prevention -- Anaphylaxis: acute treatment and management -- Epinephrine (adrenaline) in anaphylaxis.
- Anaphylaxis and hypersensitivity reactions 2011, Springer
- History of research on angiogenesis -- Immune cells as a source and target of angiogenic and lymphangiogenic factors -- Neuropilins: role in signalling, angiogenesis and disease -- Class 3 semaphorin in angiogenesis and lymphangiogenesis -- Angiogenic and antiangiogenic chemokines -- Role of uPA/uPAR in the modulation of angiogenesis -- Neutrophil-derived cytokines involved in physiological and pathological angiogenesis -- Roles of eosinophils in the modulation of angiogenesis -- Regulatory T cells, leptin and angiogenesis -- Angiogenesis as a therapeutic target for obesity and metabolic diseases -- Angiogenesis in multiple myeloma -- Angiogenesis inhibitors in the treatment of prostate cancer -- Therapeutic perspectives in vascular remodeling in asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
- Antibiotics as anti-inflammatory and immunomodulatory agents 2005, Springer
- Antibody engineering 2004, Springer Protocols
- Antibody fc 2014, ScienceDirect
- Anticarbohydrate antibodies 2012, Springer
- Antimicrobial peptides and innate immunity 2013, SpringerEvolution of Antimicrobial Peptides: A View from the Cystine Chapel -- Innate Immunity in Plants: The Role of Antimicrobial Peptides -- Antimicrobial Peptides Produced by Microorganisms -- LL-37: An Immunomodulatory Antimicrobial Host Defence Peptide -- Wound Repair and Antimicrobial Peptides -- WAPing Out Pathogens and Disease in the Mucosa: Roles for SLPI and Trappin-2 -- Histatins: Multifunctional Salivary Antimicrobial Peptides -- Structure-Function Relationships of Antimicrobial Chemokines -- Mechanisms and Significance of Bacterial Resistance to Human Cationic Antimicrobial Peptides -- Antimicrobial Peptides and Inflammatory Bowel Disease -- Cystic Fibrosis and Defective Airway Innate Immunity -- Antimicrobial Peptides in Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease -- Host Defense Peptides: Immune Modulation and Antimicrobial Activity In Vivo -- Helping the Host: Induction of Antimicrobial Peptides as a Novel Therapeutic Strategy Against Infections.
- Antiphospholipid syndrome 2012, SpringerPart 1.History of Antiphospholipid Syndrome --1.Overview of the Last 25 Years and 13 International Congresses on Antiphospholipid Antibodies /Eon Nigel Harris and Silvia S. Pierangeli --Part II.Basic Science Aspects of Antiphospholipid Syndrome --2. What is the Oirgin of Antiphospholipid Antibodies? /Rohan Willis, Yehuda Shoenfeld, Silvia S. Pierangeli and Miri Blank --3.What is the Genetics of Antiphospholipid Antibodies/Syndrome? /Thomas L. Ortel, Pier Luigi Meroni, Marta E. Alarcón-Riquelme, Maria O. Borghi and Joan T. Merrill --4.What is the Mechanism(s) of Antiphospholipid Antibody-Mediated Thrombosis? /Rohan Willis, Ian P. Giles, Pojen P. Chen, Chary López-Pedrera and María José Cuadrado, and Silvia S. Pierangeli --5.What is the Mechanism(s) of Antiphospholipid Antibody-Mediated Pregnancy Morbidity? /Vikki M. Abrahams, Maria O. Borghi, Pier Luigi Meroni, Jacob H. Rand, Elena Raschi, Jane E. Salmon, Francesco Tedesco, and Angela Tincani --6.What are the Target Cells and Receptors that are Recognized by Antiphospholipid Antibodies? /Philip G. de Groot, Elena Raschi, Keith R. McCrae, Silvia S. Pierangeli, Panayiotis G. Vlachoyiannopoulos, and Rolf T. Urbanus --Part 3.13th Iinternational Congress on Antiphospholid Antibodies Task Force Reports --7.Task Force Report on "Criteria" Antiphospholipid Antibody Tests /Robert A. S. Roubey and Silvia S. Pierangeli --8.Task Force Report on "Non-criteria" Antiphospholipid Antibody Tests /Maria Laura Bertolaccini, Olga Amengual, Tatsuya Atsumi, Walter L. Binder, William H. Kutteh, Bas de Laat, [and others] --9.Task Force Report on Obstetric Antiphospholipid Syndrome /D. Ware Branch, Benjamin Leader and Carl A. Laskin --10.Task Force Report on Brain Involvement in Antiphospholipid Syndrome /Joab Chapman, Eyal Muscal and Robin L. Brey --11.Task Force Report on the Management of Thrombosis in Antiphospholipid Syndrome /Guillermo Ruiz-Irastorza, Vittorio Pengo, Maria G. Tektonidou, Ioana Ruiz-Arruza, María José Cuadrado, and Munther A. Khamashta --12.Task Force Report on Catastrophic Antiphospholipid Syndrome /Gerard Espinosa, Horacio Berman, Doruk Erkan and Ricard Cervera --13.Task Force Report on Non-criteria Manifestations: Thrombocytopenia /Gabriela Hernández-Molina, Xavier López-Karpovitch, Emilio B. González and Antonio R. Cabral --14.Task Force Report on Non-criteria Manifestations: Nephropathy /Maria G. Tektonidou, Horacio E. Adrogué and Smita Vaidya --15.Task Force Report on Non-criteria Manifestations: Cardiac Valve Disease /Gerard Espinosa, Lucía Fernández de Orueta, Elena Lluch, María Ángeles Polvorosa, Sandra Soro, and Ricard Cervera --16.Task Force Report on Non-criteria Manifestations: Skin /Michal Solomon, Yehuda Shoenfeld and Gisele Zandman-Goddard --17.Task Force Report on Antiphospholipid Syndrome Clinical Research /Doruk Erkan, Silvia S. Pierangeli and Michael D. Lockshin --Part 4.Future of Antiphospholipid Syndrome --18.What are the Potential Future Treatments in Antiphospholipid Syndrome? /Doruk Erkan, Anisur Rahman, Hannah Cohen, Samuel J. Machin and Silvia S. Pierangeli --19.Remembrances of Predictions Past /Michael D. Lockshin --Part 5.Antiphospholipid Syndrome for Patients --20.What Should Patients Know about Antiphospholipid Antibodies and Antiphospholipid Syndrome? /Doruk Erkan, Lindsay Lally and Michael D. Lockshin.
- Antiphospholipid syndrome handbook 2010, SpringerHistory / Maria Laura Bertolaccini, Oier Ateka-Barrutia and Munther A. Khamashta -- Epidemiology / Maria Laura Bertolaccini, Oier Ateka-Barrutia and Munther A. Khamashta -- Antiphospholipid Antibodies / Maria Laura Bertolaccini, Oier Ateka-Barrutia and Munther A. Khamashta -- Classification Criteria for APS / Maria Laura Bertolaccini, Oier Ateka-Barrutia and Munther A. Khamashta -- Mortality, Morbidity, and Damage Associated with aPL / Maria Laura Bertolaccini, Oier Ateka-Barrutia and Munther A. Khamashta -- Differences Between Primary and Secondary APS / Maria Laura Bertolaccini, Oier Ateka-Barrutia and Munther A. Khamashta -- Clinical Features / Maria Laura Bertolaccini, Oier Ateka-Barrutia and Munther A. Khamashta -- aPL and Transplantation / Maria Laura Bertolaccini, Oier Ateka-Barrutia and Munther A. Khamashta -- Differential Diagnosis / Maria Laura Bertolaccini, Oier Ateka-Barrutia and Munther A. Khamashta -- Management of APS / Maria Laura Bertolaccini, Oier Ateka-Barrutia and Munther A. Khamashta.
- Antiphospholipid syndrome in systemic autoimmune diseases. 1st ed. 2009, ScienceDirect
- Apoptosis and its relevance to autoimmunity 2006, KargerDeath receptor signaling and its function in the immune system / Fas, S.C. ... [et al.] -- Inherited and acquired death receptor defects in human autoimmune lymphoproliferative syndrome / Rieux-Laucat, F. -- Tumor necrosis factor ligand-receptor superfamily and arthritis / Hsu, H.-C., Wu, Y., Mountz, J.D. -- Mitochondria, apoptosis and autoimmunity / Pinkoski, M.J., Waterhouse, N.J., Green, D.R. -- Role of Bim and other Bcl-2 family members in autoimmune and degenerative diseases / Hughes, P., Bouillet, P., Strasser, A. -- Mitochondria, cell death, and B cell tolerance / Deming, P.B., Rathmell, J.C. -- Role of complement and other innate immune mechanisms in the removal of apoptotic cells / Ogden, C.A., Elkon, K.B. -- Collectins: opsonins for apoptotic cells and regulators of inflammation / Stuart, L.M., Henson, P.M., Vandivier, R.W. -- MFG-E8-dependent clearance of apoptotic cells, and autoimmunity caused by its failure / Hanayama, R. ... [et al.] -- Clearance of apoptotic cells in human SLE / Gaipl, U.S. ... [et al.] -- Apoptosis and glomerulonephritis / Watson, S. ... [et al.].
- Artificial immune systems 2008, Springer
- Atlas of immunology. 3rd ed. 2010, CRCnetBASEHistory of immunology -- Molecules, cells, and tissues of the immune response -- Antigens and immunogens -- Major histocompatibility complex -- Antigen processing and presentation -- B lymphocyte development and immunoglobulin genes -- Immunoglobulin synthesis, properties, structure, and function -- Antigen-antibody interactions -- The thymus and T lymphocytes -- Cytokines and chemokines -- The complement system -- Types I, II, III, and IV hypersensitivity -- Immunoregulation and immunologic tolerance -- Autoimmunity -- Mucosal immunity -- Immunohematology -- Immunological diseases and immunopathology -- Immunophenotyping of hematopoietic malignancies -- Immunodeficiencies: congenital and acquired -- Acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) -- Immunomodulators -- Transplantation immunology -- Tumor immunology -- Immunity against microorganisms -- Vaccines and immunization -- Therapeutic immunology -- Comparative immunology -- Immunological methods and molecular techniques -- Diagnostic immunohistochemistry.
- Atopic dermatitis in childhood and adolescence 2011, KargerAtopic dermatitis is amongst the most common disorders of the skin in young people around the world. This book presents the newest insights and novel concepts in relation to all aspects of this skin disorder. Classification, clinical features and differential diagnosis are reviewed in the first chapter, while risk factors, susceptibility and an epidemiological overview are outlined in the next chapter, followed by a detailed discussion of the immunology of the skin and the pathophysiology of dermatitis. Further chapters present new data delineating clinical aspects of current genetic findings and insights into concepts of neuroimmunology, as well as the very crucial and severe clinical aspect of itching. New data on the topic of inhalant allergy, specific immunologic treatments and the latest on food allergy are also included.
- Autism 2010, CRCnetBASEType, topography, and sequelae of neuropathological changes shaping clinical phenotype of autism / Jerzy Wegiel ... [et al.] -- Evidence for oxidative damage in the autistic brain / Teresa A. Evans ... [et al] -- Oxidative stress and neurotrophin signaling in autism / Elizabeth M. Sajdel-Sulkowska -- Genetics of autism / W. Ted Brown -- The phenotypic expression of autism, maternal depression, and the monoamine oxidase-a gene / Ira L. Cohen -- Paraoxonase 1 status, environmental exposures, and oxidative stress in autism spectrum disorders / Maria Dronca and Sergiu P. Pasca -- The redox/methylation hypothesis of autism : a molecular mechanism for heavy metal-induced neurotoxicity / Richard C. Deth -- Autism and oxidative stress : evidence from an animal model / Michelle A. Cheh ... [et al.] -- Neurotoxic brainstem impairment as proposed threshold event in autistic regression / Woody R. McGinnis ... [et al.] -- Abnormalities in membrane lipids, membrane-associated proteins, and signal transduction in autism / Ved Chauhan and Abha Chauhan -- Mitochondrial component of calcium signaling abnormality in autism / J. Jay Gargus --Inflammation and neuroimmunity in the pathogenesis of autism : neural and immune network interactions / Carlos A. Pardo-Villamizar and Andrew W. Zimmerman -- Possible impact of innate immunity on autism / Harumi Jyonouchi -- Autism, gastrointestinal disturbance, and immune dysfunction : what is the link? / Paul Ashwood, Amanda Enstrom, and Judy van de Water -- Possible mechanism involving intestinal oxytocin, oxidative stress, and signaling pathways in a subset of autism with gut symptoms / Martha G. Welch and Benjamin Y. Klein -- Cytokine polymorphisms in autism : their role in immune alterations / Fabián Crespo ... [et al.] -- Autism, teratogenic alleles, HLA-DR4, and immune function / William G. Johnson ... [et al.] -- Autism : the centrality of active pathophysiology and the shift from static to chronic dynamic encephalopathy / Martha R. Herbert -- A re-evaluation of the state of autism treatment : the need for a biopsychosocial perspective / Eric London.
- Autoimmune disease 2013, SpringerThis book describes how the Jerne-Burnet Forbidden Clone Theory and the Adams-Knight H Gene Theory, solved the pathogenesis and genetics of the autoimmune diseases showing how specific immunotherapy and prophylaxis can be developed. Furthermore, Ebringer's discovery of two microbial triggers of autoimmune diseases is described and the conclusion drawn that all autoimmune diseases have microbial triggers, so will be preventable by the finding of the triggers and vaccination against them.
- Autoimmune diseases 2011, SpringerAssessment and Management of the Rheumatological Patient in the Critical Care Unit -- Life-Threatening Complications of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus -- Catastrophic Antiphospholipid Syndrome -- Complex Situations in Rheumatoid Arthritis -- Sjögren's Syndrome: Beyond Sicca Involvement -- Systemic Sclerosis: Severe Involvement of Internal Organs -- Vasculitic Emergencies in Patients with Large-Vessel Vasculitis -- Life-Threatening Presentations of ANCA-Associated Vasculitis -- Severe Polyarteritis Nodosa -- Life-Threatening Cryoglobulinemia -- Behçets Syndrome: Clinical Presentations Affecting Prognosis and Survival -- Myositis: When Weakness Can Kill -- Complicated Sarcoidosis: Challenges in Dealing with Severe Manifestations -- Complex Situations in Patients with Adult-Onset Still's Disease -- Managing Acute and Complex Dermatological Situations -- Life-Threatening Autoimmune Hematological Disorders -- Autoimmune Ear, Nose, and Throat Emergencies -- Ophthalmological Emergencies in Rheumatic and Autoimmune Diseases -- Emergencies for the Vascular Surgeon -- Complicated Pregnancies in Patients with Autoimmune Systemic Diseases -- The Complex Management of Viral-Related Autoimmune Diseases -- The Role of Intravenous Immunoglobulins in the Management of Acute Complex Autoimmune Conditions -- Life-Threatening Complications of Biological Therapies.
- Autoimmune diseases of the skin. 3rd rev. and enl. ed. 2011, SpringerPathogenesis of autoimmune diseases / Martin Röcken and Tilo Biedermann -- Autoantibody detection using indirect immunofluorescence on HEp-2 cells / Philipp von Landenberg -- Pemphigus / Michael Hertl and Rüdiger Eming -- Bullous pemphigoid : clinical features, diagnostic markers, and immunopathogenic mechanisms / Giovanni Di Zenzo ... [et al.] -- Dermatitis herpetiformis duhring / Christian Rose and Detlef Zillikens -- Epidermolysis bullosa acquisita / Gene Kim ... [et al.] -- Localized scleroderma / Cristián Vera Kellet, Catherine H. Orteu, and Jan P. Dutz -- Progressive systemic scleroderm / Nicolas Hunzelmann and Thomas Krieg -- Chronic cutaneous lupus erythematosus / Michael Sticherling -- Subacute cutaneous and systemic lupus erythematosus / Donna M. Pellowski, Jane E. Kihslinger, and Richard D. Sontheimer -- Dermatomyositis / Ruth Ann Vleugels and Jeffrey P. Callen -- Mixed connective tissue disease / Reiji Kasukawa -- Sjögren's Syndrome / Robert I. Fox and Carla M. Fox -- Psoriasis vulgaris and arthopathica / Arnd Jacobi and Jörg Christoph Prinz -- Chronic urticaria as an autoimmune disease / Clive Grattan, Michihiro Hide, and Malcolm W. Greaves -- Lichen planus, lichenoid eruptions and cutaneous grant-versus-host-reaction / Miklós Simon, Jr. -- Small vessel vasculitides / Peter Lamprecht and Wolfgang L. Gross -- Skin manifestations of rheumatic diseases / Camille Francés and Nicolas Kluger -- Vitiligo / Karin U. Schallreuter -- Alopecia areata / Pia Freyschmidt-Paul, Kevin McElwee, and Rolf Hoffmann -- Autoimmune phenomena in atopic dermatitis / Caroline Bussmann and Natalija Novak -- Eosinophils in autoimmune bullous diseases / Dagmar Simon and Hans-Uwe Simon -- Paraneoplastic syndromes of the skin / Peter Fritsch -- Targeted therapies in autoimmune and inflammatory skin disorders / Rüdiger Eming and Ingo H. Tarner.
- Autoimmune diseases. 4th ed. 2006, ScienceDirect
- Autoimmunity 2004, Springer ProtocolsGeneration, maintenance, and adoptive transfer of diabetogenic T-cell lines/clones from the nonobese diabetic mouse / Martha J. Milton ... [et al.] -- Experimental use of murine lupus models / Stanford L. Peng -- The anti-DNA knock-in model of systemic autoimmunity induced by the chronic graft-vs-host reaction / Robert Eisenberg and Arpita Choudhury -- Murine models of lupus induced by hypomethylated T cells / Bruce Richardson, Donna Ray, and Raymond Yung -- The mouse model of collagen-induced arthritis / David D. Brand, Andrew H. Kang, and Edward F. Rosloniec -- Proteoglycan aggrecan-induced arthritis: a murine autoimmune model of rheumatoid arthritis / Tibor T. Glant and Katalin Mikecz -- Mouse models of multiple sclerosis : experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis and Theiler's virus-induced demyelinating disease / Kevin G. Fuller ... [et al.] -- Experimental autoimmune encephalitomyelitis / Praveen Rao and Benjamin M. Segal -- Animal models of scleroderma / Gabriella Lakos, Shinsuke Takagawa, and John Varga -- Rodent models of experimental autoimmune uveitis / Rajeev K. Agarwal and Rachel R. Caspi -- Autoimmune depigmentation following sensitization to melanoma antigens / Arthur A. Hurwitz and Qingyong Ji.Pathogenesis and spectrum of autoimmunity / Andras Perl -- Mapping the systematic lupus erythematosus susceptibility genes / Swapan K. Nath [et al.] -- T cell signaling abnormalities in human systemic lupus erythematosus / Madhusoodana P. Nambiar, Sandeep Krishnan, and George C. Tsokos -- TCR chain abnormalities in human systemic lupus erythematosus / Madhusoodana P. Nambiar ... [et al.] -- Protein kinase A and signal transduction in T lymphocytes : biochemical and molecular methods / Islam U. Khan and Gary M. Kammer -- Apoptosis and mitochondrial dysfunction in lymphocytes of patients with systemic lupus erythematosus / Andras Perl ... [et al.] -- Methods for inducing apoptosis / Kathryn M. Roberts, Antony Rosen, and Livia A. Casciola-Rosen -- Measurement of cytokines in autoimmune disease / Kyriakos A. Kirou, Christina Lee, and Mary K. Crow -- Evaluation of autoimmunity to transaldolase in multiple sclerosis / Brian Niland and Andras Perl -- Animal models for autoimmune myocarditis and autoimmune thyroiditis / Daniela Ciháková ... [et al.] -- Animal models of insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus / Edwin Liu ... [et al.] --
- Autophagosome and phagosome 2008, Springer ProtocolsAutophagosome and phagosome / V. Deretic -- Fine structure of the autophagosome / E.L. Eskelinen -- Methods for assessing autophagy and autophagic cell death / E. Tasdemir ... [et al.] -- LC3 and Autophagy / I. Tanida, T. Ueno and E. Kominami -- Amino Acid regulation of autophagosome formation / A.J. Meijer -- Autophagic proteolysis of long-lived proteins in nonliver cells / E.A. Roberts and V. Deretic -- Autophagosomes in GFP-LC3 Transgenic Mice / N. Mizushima and A. Kuma -- Experimental control and characterization of autophagy in Drosophila / G. Juhasz and T.P. Neufeld -- Analysis of autophagosome membrane cycling by fluorescence microscopy / J.E. Legakis and D.J. Klionsky -- Protein trafficking into autophagosomes / A. Young and S. Tooze -- Sphingolipids in macroautophagy / G. Lavieu ... [et al.] -- Molecular links between autophagy and apoptosis / I.A. Ciechomska, C.G. Goemans and A.M. Tolkovsky -- Clearance of mutant aggregate-prone proteins by autophagy / B. Ravikumar, S. Sarkar and D.C. Rubinsztein -- Localization and MHC Class II Presentation of Antigens Targeted for Macroautophagy / D. Schmid and C. Munz -- Chaperone-mediated autophagy / S. Kaushik and A.M. Cuervo --Microautophagy in the Yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae / A. Uttenweiler and A. Mayer -- EM Analysis of Phagosomes / C. de Chastellier -- Analysis of phosphoinositide dynamics during phagocytosis using genetically encoded fluorescent biosensors / G. Cosio and S. Grinstein -- In vitro phagosome-endosome fusion / I. Vergne and V. Deretic -- Real-time spectrofluorometric assays for the lumenal environment of the maturing phagosome / R.M. Yates and D.G. Russell -- Maturation changes in purified phagosomes / R. Dieckmann ... [et al.] -- Large-scale purification of latex bead phagosomes from mouse macrophage cell lines and subsequent preparation for high-throughput quantitative proteomics / A. Rupper and J. Cardelli -- Class II MHC Antigen Processing in Phagosomes / L. Ramachandra, W.H. Boom and C.V. Harding -- Analyzing Association of the Endoplasmic Reticulum with the Legionella pneumophila-Containing Vacuoles by Fluorescence Microscopy / A. Ingmundson and C.R. Roy -- Fractionation of the Coxiella burnetii Parasitophorous Vacuole / D. Howe and R.A. Heinzen -- Bacterial Phagosome Acidification Within IFN-gamma-Activated Macrophages: Role of Host p47 Immunity-Related GTPases (IRGs) / S. Tiwari and J.D. Macmicking -- SopE-Mediated Recruitment of Host Rab5 on Phagosomes Inhibits Salmonella Transport to Lysosomes / R. Madan, G. Krishnamurthy and A. Mukhopadhyay -- The Mycobacterium tuberculosis Phagosome / E.A. Roberts and V. Deretic.
- Autophagy in infection and immunity 2009, Springer
- Avian immunology. 2nd ed. 2014, ScienceDirect
- B cell protocols 2004, Springer ProtocolsCharacterization of B lymphopoiesis in mouse bone marrow and spleen / Richard R. Hardy and Susan A. Shinton -- Characterization of B-cell maturation in the peripheral immune system / Rita Carsetti -- Identification of B-cell subsets: an exposition of 11-color (Hi-D) FACS methods / James W. Tung ... [et al.] -- Analysis of B-cell life-span and homeostasis / Irmgard Förster -- Differentiation of B lymphocytes from hemotopoietic stem cells / Paulo Vieira and Ana Cumano -- Analysis of lymphocyte development and function using the RAG-deficient blastocyst complementation system / Faith M. Young, Carl A. Pinkert, and Andrea Bottaro -- Conditional gene mutagenesis in B-lineage cells / Stefano Casola -- Analysis of the germinal center reaction and in vivo long-lived plasma cells / Kai-Michael Toellner, Mahmood Khan, and Daniel Man-Yuen Sze -- T-cell-dependent immune responses, germinal center development, and the anaysis of V-gene sequences / Claudia Berek -- Introduction of genes into primary murine splenic B cells using retrovirus vectors / Kuo-I Lin and Kathryn Calame --Immunoglobulin class switching: in vitro induction and analysis / Sven Kracker and Andreas Radbruch -- In vitro and in vivo assays of B-lymphocyte migration / Chantal Moratz and John H. Kehrl -- Analysis of antigen-specific B-cell memory directly ex vivo / Louise J. McHeyzer-Williams and Michael G. McHeyzer-Williams -- B-cell signal transduction : tyrosine phosphorylation, kinase activity, and calcium mobilization / Tilman Brummer ... [et al.] -- Isolation of lipid rafts from B lymphocytes / Anu Cherukuri ... [et al.] -- Molecular single-cell PCR analysis of rearranged immunoglobulin genes as a tool to determine the clonal composition of normal and malignant human B cells / Ralf Küppers -- Analysis of B-cell immune tolerance induction using transgenic mice / Helen Ferry and Richard J. Cornall -- Analysis of B-cell signaling using DT40 B-cell line / Tomoharu Yasuda and Tadashi Yamamoto -- B-cell Development and pre-B-1 cell plasticity in vitro / Antonius G. Rolink.
- Determinations of B cell fate in immunity and autoimmunity / Noelle, R.J.; Erickson, L.D. -- Regulatory roles for cytokine-producing B cells in infection and autoimmune disease / Lund, F.E. ... [et al.] -- The CD19-CD21 signal transduction complex of B lymphocytes regulates the balance between health and autoimmune disease / Tedder, T.F. ... [et al.] -- Marginal zone B cell physiology and disease / Lopes-Carvalho, T.; Kearney, J.F. -- Dendritic cells control B cell growth and differentiation / Jego, G. ... [et al.] -- The biology of CD20 and its potential as a target for mAb therapy / Cragg, M.S. ... [et al.] -- B lymphocyte depletion in rheumatoid arthritis / Edwards, J.C.W.; Leandro, M.J.; Cambridge, G. -- Treatment of SLE with anti-CD20 monoclonal antibody / Looney, R.J.; Anolik, J.; Sanz, I. -- The biochemistry and biology of BAFF, APRIL and their receptors / Kalled, S.L.; Ambrose, C.; Hsu, Y.-M. -- The BAFF/APRIL system / Mackay, F. ... [et al.] -- Human B lymphocyte malignancies / Jelinek, D.F.; Darce, J.R. -- BlySfulness does not equal blissfulness in systemic lupus erythematosus / Stohl, W.
- Between pathogenicity and commensalism 2013, SpringerE. coli as an All-Rounder: The Thin Line Between Commensalism and Pathogenicity /Andreas Leimbach, Jörg Hacker, Ulrich Dobrindt --What Distinguishes Highly Pathogenic Staphylococci from Medium- and Non-pathogenic? /Ralf Rosenstein, Friedrich Götz --Microevolution of Pseudomonas aeruginosa to a Chronic Pathogen of the Cystic Fibrosis Lung /Michael Hogardt, Jürgen Heesemann --Lactobacillus: Host-Microbe Relationships /John O'Callaghan, Paul W. O'Toole --Bacterial Moonlighting Proteins and Bacterial Virulence /Brian Henderson, Andrew Martin --Symbionts and Pathogens: What is the Difference? /Vicente Pérez-Brocal, Amparo Latorre, Andrés Moya --Ecology and Physiology of the Intestinal Tract /Michael Blaut --The Gut Microflora and Its Variety of Roles in Health and Disease /Julia-Stefanie Frick, Ingo B. Autenrieth --Host-Recognition of Pathogens and Commensals in the Mammalian Intestine /Oriana Rossi, Peter van Baarlen, Jerry M. Wells --Contribution of the Intestinal Microbiota to Human Health: From Birth to 100 Years of Age /Jing Cheng, Airi M. Palva, Willem M. de Vos.
- Bioconjugation protocols 2004, Springer Protocols
- Bioinformatics for immunomics 2010, Springer
- Bispecific antibodies 2011, Springer
- Blood group antigen factsbook. 2nd ed. 2004, ScienceDirectPreface -- Abbreviations -- 1. Introduction -- 2. Organization of the Data -- 3. ABO blood group system -- 4. MNS blood group system -- 5. P blood group system -- 6. Rh blood group system -- 7. Lutheran blood group system -- 8. Kell blood group system -- 9. Lewis blood group system -- 10. Duffy blood group system -- 11. Kidd blood group system -- 12. Diego blood group system -- 13. Yt blood group system -- 14. Xg blood group system -- 15. Scianna blood group system -- 16. Dombrock blood group system -- 17. Colton blood group system -- 18. Landsteiner-Wiener blood group system -- 19. Chido/Rodgers blood group system -- 20 Hh blood group system -- 21. Kx blood group system -- 22. Gerbich blood group system -- 23. Cromer blood group system -- 24. Knops blood group system -- 25. Indian blood group system -- 26. OK blood group system -- 27. RAPH blood group system -- 28. JMH blood group system -- 29. I blood group system -- 30. Globoside blood group system -- 31. GIL blood group system -- 32. Cost blood group collection -- 33. Ii blood group collection --34. Er blood group collection -- 35. Globoside blood group collection -- 36. Unnamed blood group collection -- 37. The 700 series of low incidence antigens -- 38. The 901 series of high incidence antigens -- 39. Antigen-based facts -- 40. Autoantibody-based and drug facts -- 41. Clinically useful information -- 42. Blood group system and protein-based facts -- 43. Lectins and polyagglutination information -- 44. Gene-based facts -- 45. Useful definitions.
- Bone marrow and stem cell transplantation 2007, Springer Protocols
- Botulinum neurotoxins 2013, SpringerThe extremely potent substance botulinum neurotoxin (BoNT) has attracted much interest in diverse fields. Originally identified as cause for the rare but deadly disease botulism, military and terrorist intended to misuse this sophisticated molecule as biological weapon. This caused its classification as select agent category A by the Centers for Diseases Control and Prevention and the listing in the Biological and Toxin Weapons Convention. Later, the civilian use of BoNT as long acting peripheral muscle relaxant has turned this molecule into an indispensable pharmaceutical world wide with annual revenues >$1.5 billion.
- Brain immune system signal molecules in protection from aerobic and anaerobic infections 2012, SpringerThe Cytokine System --The Discovery of the Brain Immunomodulators --Brain Neuroendocrine Immune System: Neurosecretion of Interleukins and New Cytokines Produced by NSO and NPV of Hypothalamus --Antibacterial and Antiviral Activity of PRP-1 (Galarmin) and Some Immunological Mechanisms of its Action --Treatment and Prophylaxis of Anthrax by Galarmin: Receptor Tyrosine Kinases is a Target of Galarmin --Prophylaxis and Treatment of Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA) Infection with Proline-Rich Polypeptides Galarmin and Its Structural Analogues in an Experimental Murine Model --Treatment of Clostridium Perfringens-induced Gas Gangrene by New Cytokines of Brain --Hypothalamic, Proline-Rich Polypeptide (Galarmin) has Protective and Immunogenic Activity on Experimental Mycobacterium Tuberculosis Infection --Brain-Bone Marrow Neurohumoral Axis: Galarmin Controls Differentiation, Proliferation and Mobilization of Bone Marrow Progenitor cells --Antioxidant-Antiradical and Electron Donating Function of Galarmin and Gx-NH2 --Discussion --Summary.
- Bronchial asthma. 6th ed. 2011, Springer
- Cancer and IgE 2010, Springer
- Cancer immunology and immunotherapy 2011, SpringerImmune infiltration in human cancer : prognostic significance and disease control / Wolf H. Fridman ... [et al.] -- Subversion and coercion : the art of redirecting tumor immune surveillance / John B. Mumm and Martin Oft -- STAT3 : a target to enhance antitumor immune response / Heehyoung Lee ... [et al.] -- Biology and clinical observations of regulatory T cells in cancer immunology / Michele W. Teng ... [et al.] -- Concepts and ways to amplify the antitumor immune response / Bent Rubin and Jean Edouard Gairin -- Angiogenesis and the tumor vasculature as antitumor immune modulators : the role of vascular endothelial growth factor and endothelin / Lana E. Kandalaft ... [et al.] -- Adoptive cellular therapy / Stephen A. Grupp and Carl H. June -- Dendritic cell subsets as vectors and targets for improved cancer therapy / Karolina Palucka ... [et al.] -- Identification of human idiotype-specific T cells in lymphoma and myeloma / Jinsheng Weng ... [et al.] -- Modulation of CTLA-4 and GITR for Cancer Immunotherapy / Francesca Avogadri ... [et al.] -- Immunobiology of cancer therapies targeting CD137 and B7-H1/PD-1 cosignal pathways / Shengdian Wang and Lieping Chen -- LAG-3 in cancer immunotherapy / Monica V. Goldberg and Charles G. Drake -- Immunologically active biomaterials for cancer therapy / Omar A. Ali and David J. Mooney -- Erratum : Identification of human idiotype-specific T cells in lymphoma and myeloma / Jinsheng Weng ... [et al.].
- CD137 pathway 2006, Springer
- CD4+CD25+ regulatory T cells 2005, Springer
- Cell communication in nervous and immune system 2006, Springer
- Cell migration in inflammation and immunity 2004, Springer Protocols
- Central nervous system diseases and inflammation 2008, Springer
- Challenge of highly pathogenic microorganisms 2010, SpringerThe Anthrax Capsule: Role in Pathogenesis and Target for Vaccines and Therapeutics / Arthur M. Friedlander -- Proteomic Studies of Bacillus anthracis Reveal In Vitro CO2-Modulation and Expression During Infection of Extracellular Proteases / Theodor Chitlaru, Orit Gat, Galia Zaide, Haim Grosfeld and Izhak Inbar, et al. -- Dynamics of Bacillus anthracis Infection and Control Mechanisms / Pierre L. Goossens, Ian J. Glomski, Lhousseine Touqui and Michèle Mock -- Survival and Trafficking of Yersinia pestis in Non-acidified Phagosomes in Murine Macrophages / James B. Bliska -- The Inverse Relationship Between Cytotoxicity of Y. pestis and Its Virulence / Emanuelle Mamroud, Avital Tidhar, Yinon Levy, Erez Bar-Haim and Gideon Halperin, et al. -- The NlpD Lipoprotein of Yersinia pestis is Essential for Cell Separation and Virulence / Avital Tidhar, Yehuda Flashner, Sara Cohen, Yinon Levy and Ayelet Zauberman, et al. -- Dissection of the Functions of the IglC Protein of Francisella tularensis / Jeanette E. Bröms, Moa Lavander and Anders Sjöstedt -- Yersinia pestis Lipopolysaccharide in Host-Pathogen Interactions / Andrey P. Anisimov, Svetlana V. Dentovskaya, Anna N. Kondakova, Buko Lindner and Rima Z. Shaikhutdinova, et al. -- The Interactions Between Pathogens and Dendritic Cells: From Paralysis of Cells to Their Recruitment for Bacterial Colonization / Baruch Velan, Erez Bar-Haim, Gal Markel, Hila Cohen and Ayelet Zauberman, et al. -- Comparative Approaches to Identify Host Factors Specifically Targeted by Yersinia pestis During the Infectious Process / Françoise Guinet, Patrick Avé, Louis Jones, Michel Huerre and Elisabeth Carniel -- Poxvirus Entry into Host Cells / Bernard Moss, Zain Bengali, Himani Bisht, Jason P. Laliberte and P.S. Satheskumar -- Role of A33R Amino-Acid 118L in the Interactions of Vaccinia Virus with the Host / Nir Paran, Shlomo Lustig, Anat Zvi, Tomer Israely and Sharon Melamed, et al. -- Inhibitors of Innate Immunity from Vaccinia Virus / Geoffrey L. Smith -- Brucella Species Synchronize Their Life Cycle to the Gestation Cycle of Their Ruminant Hosts / Svetlana Bardenstein and Menachem Banai -- MMP-9 as a Marker for Vaccinia Virus Related Encephalitis / Tomer Israely, Sharon Melamed, Noam Erez, Boaz Politi and Udy Olshevsky, et al. -- Epidemic Cowpox Virus Infections in Germany / Andreas Kurth and Andreas Nitsche -- The Two Partner Secretion Transporters of Yersinia pestis: Cloning, Immunogenicity and In Vivo Expression Following Airway Infection / Yinon Levy, Anat Zvi, Haim Grosfeld, Avital Tidhar and David Gur, et al. --Genetic Detection of Vesicle Forming Pathogens by Arrayed Primer Extension (APEX) / Adi Beth-Din, Ofir Israeli, Ohad Shifman, Dana Stein and Einat Ben-Arie, et al. -- Subtyping Biothreat Bacterial Pathogens / Paul Keim and Talima Pearson -- A Rapid Method for Bacillus anthracis Genotyping / Haim Levy, Morly Fisher, Naomi Ariel, Shay Weiss and Anat Zvi, et al. -- Tularemia - A Disease with an Uncertain Impact on Public Health / Roland Grunow, Daniela Jacob, Andrea Kühn and Herbert Nattermann -- Consequences of Antibiotic Treatment of Francisella tularensis Airways Infections / Erez Bar-Haim, Hila Cohen, Raphael Ber, Ofer Cohen and Avigdor Shafferman -- Novel Live Vaccine Candidates Against Airborne Francisella tularensis / Wayne Conlan and Anders Sjöstedt -- Effect of Disruption of mglA on the Virulence and Immunogenicity of the Francisella tularensis Live Vaccine Strain (LVS) / Ofer Cohen, Galia Zaide, Erez Bar-Haim, Itai Mendelson and Orit Gat, et al. -- Data Mining, Bioinformatic and Immunoinformatic Analyses of Francisella tularensis Schu S4 Genome in Search for Novel Vaccine Candidates / Anat Zvi, Naomi Ariel and Avigdor Shafferman -- Modified Vaccinia Virus Ankara (MVA) based Vaccines - Immunostimulatory and Protective Capacity / Michael H. Lehmann, Melanie Kremer, Yasemin Suezer and Gerd Sutter -- Therapeutic Potential of Vaccinia Hyper Immune Sera in Mouse Models of Lethal Orthopoxviruses Infection / Sharon Melamed, Nir Paran, Tomer Israely, Noam Erez and Shaul Reuveny, et al. -- A Live Plaque Vaccine Candidate with Improved Safety and Immunogenecity / V.A. Feodorova, L.N. Pan'kina, E.P. Savostina, O.S. Kuznetsov and N.P. Konnov, et al. -- Protection Against Plague Afforded by Treatment with Polyclonal αLcrV and αF1 Antibodies / Yinon Levy, Yehuda Flashner, Ayelet Zauberman, Avital Tidhar and Moshe Aftalion, et al. -- Combination of Anthrax-Toxin Neutralizing Antibodies: Analysis of Synergism/Antagonism Effect / Ohad Mazor, Einat Ben-Arie, Adva Mechaly, Ronit Rosenfeld and Hadar Marcus, et al. -- The Efficacy of Antibiotic Treatment to Cure Guinea Pigs Intranasally Infected with Bacillus anthracis Spores / Zeev Altboum, Haim Levy, Shay Weiss, Avi Pass and Nili Rothschild, et al. -- Reverse Vaccinology in Bacillus anthracis / Avigdor Shafferman, Orit Gat, Naomi Ariel, Theodor Chitlaru and Haim Grosfeld, et al.
- Challenging cases in allergy and immunology 2009, SpringerRhinitis -- Chronic rhinosinusitis -- Allergic diseases of the eye -- Urticaria and angioedema -- Allergic contact dermatitis -- Hypersensitivity pneumonitis -- Atopic dermatitis -- Food allergy -- Drug allergy -- Anaphylaxis -- Eosinophilia and eosinophilic disorder -- Occupational asthma -- Asthma conundrums -- Mastocytosis -- Allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis -- HIV/AIDS and complications -- Disorders of immune regulation -- Autoimmune diseases -- Immune-mediated rheumatic diseases -- Immunodeficiency.
- Chemokine system in experimental and clinical hematology 2010, SpringerPart I. Introduction.-- Chemokine system in experimental and clinical hematology / Oystein Bruserud, Astrid Olsnes Kittang.-- Part II. Experimental hematology.-- Chemokine decoy receptors: strucuture-function and biological properties / Raffaella Bonecchi, Benedetta Savino, Elena M. Borroni, Alberto Mantovani, Massimo Locati.-- Role of chemokines in the biology of natural killer cells / Azzram A. Maghazachi.-- Chemokines in angiogenesis / Anna Dimbert.-- Part III. Immunobiology of allogeneic stem cell transplantation.-- Genetic polymorphisms in the cytokine and chemokine systems: their possible importance in allogeneic stem cell transplantation / Jeurgen Loeffler, Michael Ok, Oliver C. Morton, Markus Mezger, Hermann Einsele.-- Chemokine system: a possible therapeutic target in acute graft versus host disease / Nicolai A. Kittan, Gerhard C. Hildebrandt.-- Homing in on acute graft vs. host disease: tissue-specific T regulatory and Th17 cells / Brian G. Engelhardt, James E. Crowe Jr.-- Part IV: Clinical hematology.-- Chemokine network in acute myelogenous leukemia: molecular mechanisms involved in leukemogenesis and therapeutic implications / Astrid Olsnes Kittang, Kimberley Hatfield, Kristoffer Sand, Hakon Reikvam, Oystein Bruserud.-- CXCR4 in clinical hematology / Gary Calandra, Gary Bridger, Simon Fricker.-- Immunobiology of herparin-induced thrombocytopenia / Per Morten Sandset.
- Chemokines and viral infection 2006, SpringerFunctional diversity of chemokines and chemokine receptors in response to viral infection of the central nervous system / T.E. Lane, J.L. Hardison, and K.B. Walsh -- Cytokine and chemokine networks : pathways to antiviral defense / T.P. Salazar-Mather and K.L. Hokeness -- Herpes simplex virus and the chemokines that mediate the inflammation / D.J.J. Carr and L. Tomanek -- Influence of proinflammatory cytokines and chemokines on the neuropathogenesis of oncornavirus and immunosuppressive lentivirus infections / K.E. Peterson and B. Chesebro -- HIV-1 coreceptors and their inhibitors / N. Ray and R.W. Doms -- A viral conspiracy : hijacking the chemokine system through virally encoded pirated chemokine receptors / H.F. Vischer, C. Vink, and M.J. Smit.
- Chronic inflammation 2013, CRCnetBASE
- Cicatricial alopecia 2011, Springer
- Clinical allergy 2009, Springer
- Clinical and basic immunodermatology 2008, Springer
- Clinical applications of immunomics 2009, Springer
- Clinician's manual on lupus 2012, Springerpt. 1. The growth of lupus -- 1. Lupus: An introduction -- 2. What is lupus? -- pt. 2. Lupus organ by organ -- 3. Skin --4. Tendons and joints -- 5. Kidney -- 6. The brain -- 7. Heart and blood vessels -- 8. Liver and gastrointestinal tract -- 9. Blood -- pt. 3. Diagnosis and treatment -- 10. Diagnosing lupus -- 11. Treatment -- pt. 4. Lupus-like disorders -- 12. Sjögren's syndrome -- 13. Hughes syndrome (the antiphospholipid syndrome) -- 14. Mixed connective tissue disease (and overlap syndromes) -- 15. Vasculitis -- pt. 5. Lupus-related topics -- 16. Lupus-related topics.
- Color atlas of immunocytochemistry in diagnostic cytology 2007, Springer
- Combating fungal infections 2010, Springer
- Complement and kidney disease 2006, Springer
- Complement in autoimmunity 2004, Karger
- Complement therapeutics 2013, Springer
- Comprehensive sourcebook of bacterial protein toxins. 3rd ed. 2006, ScienceDirect
- Connexin cell communication channels 2013, CRCnetBASECommunication in the immune system by connexin channels / E. Oviedo-Orta and W. Howard Evans -- Gap junctions and connexins in the hematopoietic-immune system : structural considerations / T. Krenacs, I. Zsakovics and M. Rosendaal -- Approaches for studying the role(s) of gap junctions in the immune system / A.M. Glass, T.D. Nguyen, S. Taffet -- Gap junctions in antigen presenting cells / P.J. Saez, K.F. Shoji, J.C. Saez -- Connect the immune system : roles of gap junctions in antigen presentation and T cell activation / B. Pang, J. Neefjes -- Gap junctions and connexins in the immune defence against tumors / F. Salazar-Onfray -- Connexins in atherosclerosis / L. Burnier, B.R. Kwak -- Connexins in lung function and inflammation / M. Chanson, M. Koval -- The effect of oxidative stress on connexins in the vasculature / M. Billaud ... [et al.] -- The regulation of gap junctions and cellular coupling within the microvasculature in response to acute inflammation / D. Lidington, K. Tyml -- Impact of microglial activation on astroglial connexin expression and function in brain inflammation / C. Giaume ... [et al.] -- A role for connexins in inflammatory disorders of the epidermis / S. Donnelly, P. Martin -- Translating basic research on Cx43 gap junctions into therapies for reducing scarring and cardiac arrhythmia / J.M. Rhett ... [et al.] -- Connexin-based therapeutic approaches to inflammation in the central nervous system / J. Zhang ... [et al.] -- Enhancing epithelial tissue repair and reducing inflammation by targeting connexins / D.L. Becker ... [et al.].
- Coxiella burnetii 2012, SpringerHistory and Prospects of Coxiella burnetii Research /Karim E. Hechemy --Phylogenetic Diversity, Virulence and Comparative Genomics /Erin J. van Schaik and James E. Samuel --Defense Mechanisms Against Oxidative Stress in Coxiella burnetii: Adaptation to a Unique Intracellular Niche /Katja Mertens and James E. Samuel --Lipopolysaccharide of Coxiella burnetii /Craig T. Narasaki and Rudolf Toman --Components of Protective Immunity /Guoquan Zhang, Yan Zhang and James E. Samuel --Proteome of Coxiella burnetii /Robert Ihnatko, Edward Shaw and Rudolf Toman --Coxiella Subversion of Intracellular Host Signaling /S. Kauser Hussain and Daniel E. Voth --The Coxiella burnetii Parasitophorous Vacuole /Eric Ghigo, María I. Colombo and Robert A. Heinzen --Coxiella burnetii Secretion Systems /Justin A. McDonough, Hayley J. Newton and Craig R. Roy --Role of Lipids in Coxiella burnetii Infection /Stacey D. Gilk --Axenic Growth of Coxiella burnetii /Anders Omsland --Developmental Biology of Coxiella burnetii /Michael F. Minnick and Rahul Raghavan --Genetic Manipulation of Coxiella burnetii /Paul A. Beare --Role of Innate and Adaptive Immunity in the Control of Q Fever /Christian Capo and Jean-Louis Mege --Immune Response and Coxiella burnetii Invasion /Amira Ben Amara, Yassina Bechah and Jean-Louis Mege --Antigenic Analysis for Vaccines and Diagnostics /Laura R. Hendrix and Chen Chen --Epidemic Q Fever in Humans in the Netherlands /Wim van der Hoek, Gabriëlla Morroy, Nicole H. M. Renders, Peter C. Wever and Mirjam H. A. Hermans, et al. --Coxiella-like Endosymbionts /Jianmin Zhong --Molecular Typing of Coxiella burnetii (Q Fever) /Robert F. Massung, Sally J. Cutler and Dimitrios Frangoulidis.
- Crossroads between innate and adaptive immunity 2007, SpringerSignal transduction in DC differentiation: winged messengers and Achilles' heel / Inna Lindner ... [et al.] -- Shaping naive and memory CD8+ T cell responses in pathogen infections through antigen presentation / Gabrielle T. Belz ... [et al.] -- Understanding the role of innate immunity in the mechanism of action of the live attenuated yellow fever vaccine 17D / Troy D. Querec and Bali Pulendran -- The function of local lymphoid tissues in pulmonary immune responses / Juan Moyron-Quiroz ... [et al.] -- The yin and yang of adaptive immunity in allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation: donor antigen-presenting cells can either augment or inhibit donor T cell alloreactivity / Jian-Ming Li and Edmund K. Waller -- It's only innate immunity but I like it / Emanuela Marcenaro ... [et al.] -- Innate tumor immune surveillance / Mark J. Smyth, Jeremy Swann, and Yoshihiro Hayakawa -- Regulation of adaptive immunity by cells of the innate immune system: bone marrow natural killer cells inhibit T cell proliferation / Prachi P. Trivedi ... [et al.] -- Induction and maintenance of CD8+ T cells specific for persistent viruses / Ester M.M. van Leeuwen, Ineke J.M. ten Berge, and René A.W. van Lier -- Germinal center-derived B cell memory / Craig P. Chappell and Joshy Jacob -- CD28 and CD27 costimulation of CD8+ T cells: a story of survival / Douglas V. Dolfi and Peter D. Katsikis -- CD38: an ecto-enzyme at the crossroads of innate and adaptive immune responses / Santiago Partida Sánchez ... [et al.] -- Vascular leukocytes: a population with angiogenic and immunosuppressive properties highly represented in ovarian cancer / George Coukos ... [et al.] -- CD4+ T cells cooperate with macrophages for specific elimination of MHC class II-negative cancer cells / Alexandre Corthay -- Receptors and pathways in innate antifungal immunity: the implication for tolerance and immunity to fungi / Teresa Zelante ... [et al.].
- Crossroads between innate and adaptive immunity. II 2009, SpringerProtective effects of type1 interferon in models of intestinal inflammation / Jongdae Lee ... [et al.] -- NK/DC complot / Emanuela Marcenaro ... [et al.] -- Detection of microbes by natural killer T cells / Yuki Kinjo, Mitchell Kronenberg -- Ontogeny of the secondary antibody response, origins and clonal diversity / Craig P. Chappell, Joseph Dauner, Joshy Jacob -- Role of PI3K signalling in the B cell response to antigen / Daniel J. Hodson, Martin Turner -- CD28, old dog, new tricks / Jayakumar R. Nair, Cheryl Rozanski, Kelvin P. Lee -- Initial TCR transgenic precursor frequency alters functional behaviour of CD8 T cells responding to acute infection / Thomas Wirth, John T. Harty -- Effects of cancer immunotherapy regimens on primary vs. secondary immune responses and the potential impact on long-term antitumor responses / Kory L. Alderson, William J. Murphy -- New insights into classical costimulation of CD8+ T cell responses / Christine M. Bucks, Peter D. Katsikis -- Peripheral tolerance induction by lymph node stroma / Erika D. Reynoso, Je-Wook Lee, Shannon J. Turley.
- Crossroads between innate and adaptive immunity. III 2011, SpringerIs transcription the dominant force during dynamic changes in gene expression? -- MicroRNAs: key components of immune regulation -- KIR/HLA: genetic clues for a role of NK cells in the control of HIV -- Natural killer cell licensing during viral infection -- Bridging innate NK cell functions with adaptive immunity -- Control of innate immunity by memory CD4 T cells -- Strategies and implications for prime-boost vaccination to generate memory CD8 T cells -- Blimp1: driving terminal differentiation to a T -- New role for myeloid HO-1 in the innate to adaptive crosstalk and immune homeostasis -- Impact of differential glycosylation on IgG activity -- Murine model of chronic respiratory inflammation -- Incorporation of innate immune effector mechanisms in the formulation of a vaccine against HIV-1 -- Influenza vaccines: what do we want and how can we get it?
- Crossroads between innate and adaptive immunity. IV 2013, Springer
- Current concepts in autoimmunity and chronic inflammation 2006, Springer
- Current protocols in immunology 1991-, Wileych. 1. Care and Handling of Laboratory Animals -- ch. 2. Induction of Immune Responses -- ch. 3. In Vitro Assays for Mouse Lymphocyte Function -- ch. 4. In Vivo Assays for Lymphocyte Function -- ch. 5. Immunofluorescence and Cell Sorting -- ch. 6. Cytokines and Their Cellular Receptors -- ch. 7. Immunologic Studies in Humans -- ch. 8. Isolation and Analysis of Proteins -- ch. 9. Peptides -- ch. 10. Molecular Biology -- ch. 11. Biochemistry of Cell Activation -- ch. 12. Detection and Analysis of HIV -- ch. 13. Complement -- ch. 14. Innate Immunity -- ch. 15. Animal Models for Autoimmune and Inflammatory Disease -- ch. 16. Antigen Processing and Presentation -- ch. 17. Engineering Immune Molecules and Receptors -- ch. 18. Ligand-Receptor Interactions in the Immune System -- ch. 19. Animal Models for Infectious Diseases -- ch. 20. Animal Models for Tumor Immunology -- ch. 21. Microscopy -- ch. 22. Isolation and Differentiation of Stem and Progenitor Cells -- Appendix 1. Abbreviations and Useful Data -- Appendix 2. Commonly Used Reagents and Equipment -- Appendix 3. Commonly Used Immunological Techniques -- Appendix 4. The CD System of Leukocyte Surface Molecules -- Appendix 5. Suppliers.
- Current topics in complement 2006, Springer1. Cross-disciplinary research stirs new challenges into the study of the structure, function, and systems biology of complement / Dimitrios Mastellos and John D. Lambris -- 2. Liver regeneration: a link to inflammation through complement / Robert A. DeAngelis, Maciej M. Markeiwski, and John D. Lambris -- 3. The Role of third complement component (C3) in homing of hematopoietic stem/progenitor cells into bone marrow / Ryan Reca ... [et al.] -- 4. Complement system and the eye / Purushottam Jha ... [et al.] -- 5. To regeneration ... with complement / Panagiotis A. Tsonis, John D. Lambris, and Katia Del Rio-Tsonis -- 6. Self, non-self and danger: a complementary view / Jörg Köhl -- 7. gClqR/p33 serves as a molecular bridge between the complement and contact activation systems and is an important catalyst in inflammation / Berhane Ghebrehiwet ... [et al.] -- 8. Possible immunoprotective and angiogenesis-promoting roles for malignant cell-derived prostasomes: a new paradigm for prostatic cancer? / Kristina Nilsson Ekdahl ... [et al.] -- 9. Diversified components of the bony fish complement system: more genes for robuster innate defense? / Miki Nakao ... [et al.] -- 10. C5b-9 complement complex in autoimmune demyelination: dual role in neuroinflammation and neuroprotection / Horea Rus, Cornelia Cudrici, and Florin Niculescu -- 11. The Double-edged flower: roles of complement protein C1q in neurodegenerative diseases / Andrea J. Tenner and Maria I. Fonseca -- 12. The Role of the complement system in the pathogenesis of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis and multiple sclerosis / Nóra Terényi, József Prechl, and Anna Erdei -- 13. The Complement system: a potential target for stroke therapy / J. Mocco ... [et al.] -- 14. Observations on complement activity in the two-stage inflammatory/hemostatic response in the baboon and human models of E. coli sepsis and endotoxemia / Fletcher B. Taylor, Jr., Eric Hack, and Florea Lupu -- 15. Complement activation during sepsis in humans / Heike Schreiber ... [et al.] -- 16. Three distinct profiles of serum complement C4 proteins in pediatric systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) patients: tight associations of complement C4 and C3 protein levels in SLE but not in healthy subjects / Yee-Ling Wu ... [et al.] -- 17. A Minimum CR2 binding domain of C3d enhances immunity following vaccination / Joseph F. Bower and Ted M. Ross -- 18. Structure and function of ficolins / Yuichi Endo, Yu Liu, and Teizo Fujita -- 19. Role of mannose-binding lectin (MBL2) genotyping in predicting the risk of recurrent otitis media (rOM) / Lieve Nuytinck ... [et al.] -- 20. Conformational complexity of complement component C3 / Bert J.C. Janssen and Piet Gros -- 21. Disease-associated sequence variations in factor H: a stuctural biology approach / Andrew P. Herbert ... [et al.] -- 22. Transdermal pharmacology of small molecule cyclic C5a antagonists / Lavinia M. Proctor ... [et al.] -- 23. Inactivation of complement by recombinant human C3 derivatives / Edzard Spillner, Johanna Kölln, and Reinhard Bredehorst -- 24. Complement analysis in clinic and research / Tom E. Mollnes and Michael Kirschfink -- 25. Cell-bound complement activation products (CB-CAPs) as a source of lupus biomarkers / Sarah J. Calano ... [et al.].
- Current topics in innate immunity. II 2012, SpringerPentraxins in Humoral Innate Immunity / Antonio Inforzato, Barbara Bottazzi, Cecilia Garlanda, Sonia Valentino and Alberto Mantovani -- Galectins as Pattern Recognition Receptors: Structure, Function, and Evolution / Gerardo R. Vasta -- The Role of Innate Immunity in Trafficking of Hematopoietic Stem Cells - An Emerging Link Between Activation of Complement Cascade and Chemotactic Gradients of Bioactive Sphingolipids / Mariusz Z. Ratajczak, ChiHwa Kim, Wan Wu, Dong Myung Shin and Ewa Bryndza, et al. -- Interaction of the Microbiome with the Innate Immune Response in Chronic Wounds / Elizabeth A. Grice and Julia A. Segre -- Pathogenic Microbes and Community Service Through Manipulation of Innate Immunity / George Hajishengallis, Jennifer L. Krauss, Shuang Liang, Megan L. McIntosh and John D. Lambris -- A Conserved Host and Pathogen Recognition Site on Immunoglobulins: Structural and Functional Aspects / Bruce D. Wines, Halina M. Trist, William Farrugia, Chloe Ngo and John Trowsdale, et al. -- Advances in Understanding the Structure, Function, and Mechanism of the SCIN and Efb Families of Staphylococcal Immune Evasion Proteins / Brandon L. Garcia, Kasra X. Ramyar, Daniel Ricklin, John D. Lambris and Brian V. Geisbrecht -- Granzyme B: A New Crossroad of Complement and Apoptosis / Mario Perl, Stephanie Denk, Miriam Kalbitz and Markus Huber-Lang -- Role of C3, C5 and Anaphylatoxin Receptors in Acute Lung Injury and in Sepsis / Markus Bosmann and Peter A. Ward --Complement Involvement in Neovascular Ocular Diseases / Ryoji Yanai, Aristomenis Thanos and Kip M. Connor -- Platelets, Complement, and Contact Activation: Partners in Inflammation and Thrombosis / Osama A. Hamad, Jennie Bäck, Per H. Nilsson, Bo Nilsson and Kristina N. Ekdahl -- Nuclear Factor-κB in Immunity and Inflammation: The Treg and Th17 Connection / Qingguo Ruan and Youhai H. Chen -- Function of Act1 in IL-17 Family Signaling and Autoimmunity / Ling Wu, Jarod Zepp and Xiaoxia Li -- Differential Effect of Inhibiting MD-2 and CD14 on LPS- Versus Whole E. coli Bacteria-Induced Cytokine Responses in Human Blood / D. Christiansen, O. L. Brekke, J. Stenvik, J. D. Lambris and T. Espevik, et al. -- Zebrafish: Model for the Study of Inflammation and the Innate Immune Response to Infectious Diseases / Beatriz Novoa and Antonio Figueras -- Monocyte-derived Inflammatory Dendritic Cells in the Granuloma During Mycobacterial Infection / Heidi A. Schreiber and Matyas Sandor -- NK/DC Crosstalk in Anti-viral Response / Emanuela Marcenaro, Simona Carlomagno, Silvia Pesce, Alessandro Moretta and Simona Sivori -- Innate-Adaptive Crosstalk: How Dendritic Cells Shape Immune Responses in the CNS / Benjamin D Clarkson, Erika Héninger, Melissa G Harris, JangEun Lee and Matyas Sandor, et al. -- Nutritional Immunity: Homology Modeling of Nramp Metal Import / Mathieu F. M. Cellier.
- Cutaneous lupus erythematosus 2005, Springer
- Cytokine protocols 2004, Springer protocols
- Cytokines and the brain 2008, ScienceDirect
- Cytokines in human health 2007, Springer ProtocolsIntroduction to cytokines as targets for immunomodulation / Theresa L. Whiteside -- Cytokine measurement tools for immunotoxicology / Rob J. Vandebriel -- The relevance of the T1/T2 paradigm in immunotoxicology: example of drug hypersensitivity reactions / Hervé Lebrec and John Vasilakos -- Microbial exploitation and subversion of the human chemokine network / James E. Pease -- The use of cytokines in the identification and characterization of chemical allergens / Rebecca J. Dearman and Ian Kimber -- Inflammatory cytokines and lung toxicity / Debra L. Laskin ... [et al.] -- Cytokine polymorphisms and relationship to disease / Berran Yucesoy ... [et al.] -- Effects of drugs of abuse on cytokine responses / Stephen B. Pruett -- Preclinical approaches for safety assessment of cytokines / Peter T. Thomas and Melissa S. Beck-Westermeyer -- Flu-like syndrome and cytokines / Jacques Descotes and Thierry Vial -- Cytokine-induced vascular leak syndrome / Roxana G. Baluna -- Cytokines and autoimmune diseases: from the control of autoimmune diseases with anti-cytokine treatment to the induction of autoimmunity with cytokine treatment / Pierre Miossec -- Evaluation of antibodies in clinical trials of cytokines / Steven Swanson -- Cytokines and pharmacokinetic drug interactions / Kenneth W. Renton -- Evaluation of the immunological effects of cytokines administered to patients with cancer / Michael J. Robertson -- Clinical adverse effects of cytokines on the immune system / Thierry Vial and Jacques Descotes.
- Cytokines. 2nd ed. 2007, CRCnetBASE1. Behavioral Effects of Cytokines: A Psychiatrist's Perspective / Ziad Kronfol -- 2. Worried to Death? Stress, Worry, and Immune Dysregulation in Health and HIV -- 3. Psychological Stress and Its Relationship to Cytokines and Inflammatory Diseases / Rama Murali, Margaret D. Hanson, and Edith Chen -- 4. Role of Cytokines in Depression / Ghanshyam N. Pandey and Yogesh Dwivedi -- 5. Loneliness, Dysphoria, Stress, and Immunity: A Role for Cytokines / Louise C. Hawkley, Jos A. Bosch, Christopher G. Engeland, Phillip T. Marucha, and John T. Cacioppo -- 6. Stress, Cytokines, and Peripheral Analgesia / Peter John Cabot -- 7. Alexithymia, Stress, and Immunity / Olivier Guilbaud, Maurice Corcos, and Philippe Jeammet -- 8. Roles of Mu-Opioid Receptor and Endogenous Opiates in Stress-Induced Immunosuppression / Jennifer Kelschenbach, Horace H. Loh, and Sabita Roy -- 9. Stress, Opioid Peptides, and Immune Reponse / Javier Puente, Marion E. Wolf, M. Antonieta Valenzuela, and Aron D. Mosnaim -- 10. Met-Enkephalin in Oxidative Stress / Tihomir Balog, Sandra Soboc̆anec, Vis̆nja S̆verko, Helena Haberstock-Debić, and Tatjana Marotti -- 11. Chronic Stress Induces Death of Lymphocytes / Erwei Sun, Lixin Wei, Arthur I. Roberts, Catherine Liu, and Yufang Shi -- 12. Interleukin-10 and the Hypothalamic--Pituitary--Adrenal Axis / Eric M. Smith, Huolin Tu, and Thomas K. Hughes, Jr. -- 13. Cytokines, Stress, and Depression / Adrian J. Dunn -- 14. Immunoconversion in Acute Phase Response / Istvan Berczi, Andres Quintanar-Stephano, and Kalman Kovacs -- 15. Interferon in Health and Disease / Nachum Dafny, Pamela B. Yang, and Stanley A. Brod -- 16. Neuropeptide Precursor Processing in Immunocytes: Involvement in Neuroimmune Communication / Robert Day and Michel Salzet -- 17.Clinical Relevance of Opioid-Induced Immunosuppression: Are All Drugs Similar? / Paola Sacerdote, Sivia Franchi, and Cataldo Martucci -- 18. Human Retroviruses and the Cytokine Network / Massimo Alfano and Guido Poli -- 19. Psychiatric Toxicity of Interferon: A Model for Understanding the Etiology of Major Depression and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome? -- 20. Role of Genetic Predisposition, Cytokines, and Neuroendocrine Response in Development of Thyroid Autoimmunity / Antonio Martocchia and Paolo Falaschi -- 21. Gender Differences, Stress, and Immunity / Nicholas P. Plotnikoff and Robert E. Faith.
- Defending life--the nature of host-parasite relations 2007, Springer
- Dendritic cells 2009, Springer
- Dendritic cells in cancer 2009, SpringerThe central role of dendritic cells in immunity / Jessica Chu and Russell D. Salter -- Dendritic cells in cancer: emergence of the discipline / Michael R. Shurin and Michael T. Lotze -- Part I. Alterations of the dendritic cell system in cancer -- Tumor-infiltrating dendritic cells: the pathologist's perspective / Dmitry W. Gutkin -- Functional defects of dendritic cells in cancer / Mikhail M. Dikov and Irina S. Chekneva -- General properties of dendritic cell populations in cancer / Benjamin J. Daniel, Duane P. Jeansonne, Suzanne R. Thibodeaux, and Tyler J. Curiel -- Elimination of dendritic cells in cancer ? Viktor Umansky and Dirk Schadendorf -- Part II. Mechanisms of dendritic cell dysfunction in cancer -- Tumor-derived factors responsible for dendritic cell dysfunction / Alberto Pinzon-Charry and J. Alejandro López -- Tumor-derived exosomes as dendritic cell modulators / Roberta Valenti ... [et al.] -- Signaling pathways mediating dendritic cell dysfunction in cancer / Jing Yang and Qing Yi -- A role for STAT3 in dendritic cell regulation by tumor-derived factors / Dmitry I. Gabrilovich -- Tumor-associated inflammation and impact of dendritic cell function / Zoltan Pos ... [et al.] -- Changes in dendritic cells in cancer and aging / Annabelle Grolleau-Julius and Raymond L. Yung -- Stress, immunity and dendritic cells in cancer / Rachel Kohman and Alexander W. Kusnecov -- Cancer therapy and dendritic cell immunomodulation / Galina V. Shurin, Neil Amina, and Michael R. Shurin --Part III. Role of dendritic cells in tumor escape -- Role IDO in dendritic cell differentiation and function in cancer / Alexey Popov and Joachim L. Schultze -- Dendritic cells: from inducers of specific T-cell responses to promoters of angiogenesis / George Coukos and Fabian Benencia -- Protumorigenic function of dendritic cells / Anjli Kukreja -- Dendritic cell maturation versus polarization in tumor escape / Michael W. Lipscomb, Walter J. Storkus, and Amy K. Wesa -- Part IV. Dendritic cells in cancer: clinical aspects -- Trafficking of dendritic cells in the tumor environment / Zoya R. Yurkovetsky and Ghena N. Yurkovetsky -- Dendritic cells in tumor-draining lymph nodes / Alistair J. Cochran ... [et al.] -- Dendritic cell vaccines in cancer: obstacles to overcome / Ezra D. Mirvish, Rebecca G. Pomerantz, Louis D. Falo, and Larisa J. Geskin -- How best to generate dendritic cells from patients with cancer and how best to use them for immunotherapeutic purposes / Mark M. Aloysius, Richard A. Robins, and Oleg Eremin -- Genetically modified dendritic cells in cancer immunotherapy / Brian J. Morrison ... [et al] -- Dendritic cell tumors / Lourdes R. Ylagan -- Future directions in dendritic cell research in cancer / Madhav V. Dhodapkar.
- Dendritic cells in clinics. 2nd ed. 2008, Springer
- Dermatologic immunity 2008, KargerAllergic contact dermatitis / M.D. Gober, A.A. Gaspari -- Immune privilege and the skin / T. Ito ... [et al.] -- Immunobiology of acute cytotoxic drug reactions / B.J. Nickoloff -- Psoriasis / F.O. Nestle -- Atopic dermatitis in 2008 / L.S. Chan -- Cutaneous Lupus erythematosus : molecular and cellular basis of clinical findings / A. Kuhn, R. Sontheimer -- Bullous pemphigoid and related subepidermal autoimmune blistering diseases / E.B. Olasz, K.B. Yancey -- Pemphigus vulgaris and its active disease mouse model / M. Amagai -- Pemphigus foliaceus / D. Dasher, D. Rubenstein, L. Diaz -- Autoimmunity to type VII collagen : Epidermolysis bullosa acquisita / J. Remington ... [et al.] -- Pathomechanisms of Lichen planus autoimmunity elicited by cross-reactive T cells / T. Shiohara ... [et al.] -- Autoimmune etiology of generalized vitiligo / I.C. Le Poole, R.M. Luiten -- The genetics of generalized vitiligo / R.A. Spritz -- Scleroderma / A.C. Gilliam -- Alopecia areata / L.E. King Jr., K.J. McElwee, J.P. Sundberg -- Dermatomyositis / M.S. Krathen, D. Fiorentino, V.P. Werth -- Novel mechanism for therapeutic action of IVIg in autoimmune blistering dermatoses / D. Michael, S.A. Grando -- Skin involvement in systemic autoimmune diseases / S. Rashtak, M.R. Pittelkowo -- Therapeutics and immune-mediated skin disease / K.B. Gordon, R. Satoskar.
- Detecting allergens in food 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Development of novel vaccines 2012, Springer
- Developmental biology of peripheral lymphoid organs 2011, SpringerCommon themes in lymphoid organ development -- Development of lymph nodes in humans and rodents -- Programmed and nascent gut-associated organized lymphoid tissues -- Single complexity : the spleen -- Dsassembling the puzzle : effect of aging.
- Developments in hematology and immunology v. 39, 2005., Springer
- Dictionary of contact allergens 2007, SpringerDictionary of Contact Allergens: Chemical Structures, Sources and References / Christophe J. Le Coz and Jean-Pierre Lepoittevin, p. 1-254 -- Patch Testing with the Patients' Own Products / Peter J. Frosch, Johannes Geier, Wolfgang Uter and An Goossens, p. 255-280.
- Dietary components and immune function 2010, Springer
- DNA vaccines. 2nd ed. 2006, Springer ProtocolsDNA vaccine design / Janet L. Brandsma -- Design of plasmid DNA constructs for vaccines / Donna L. Montgomery and Kristala Jones Prather -- Vaccination with messenger RNA / Stave Pascolo -- A stress protein-facilitated antigen expression system for plasmid DNA vaccines / Petra Riedl ... [et al.] -- In vitro assay of immunostimulatory activities of plasmid vectors / Weiwn Jiang, Charles F. Reich, and David S. Pisetsky -- Delivery of DNA vaccines using electroporation / Shawn Babiuk, Sylvia van Drunen Littel-van den Hurk, and Lorne A. Babiuk -- Needle-free injection of DNA vaccines: a brief overview and methodology / Kanakatte Raviprakash and Kevin R. Porter -- Needle-free delivery of veterinary DNA vaccines / Sylvia van Drunen Littel-van den Hurk, Shawn Babiuk, and Lorne A. Babiuk -- Surface-modified biodegradable microspheres for DNA vaccine delivery / Mark E. Keegan and W. Mark Saltzman -- A dendrimer-like DNA-based vector for DNA delivery: a viral and nonviral hybrid approach / Dan Luo ... [et al.] -- Identification of compartments involved in mammalian subcellular trafficking pathways by indirect immunofluorescence / Anne Doody and David Putnam -- Adjuvant properties of CpG oligonucleotides in primates / Daniela Verthelyi -- Complexes of DNA vaccines with cationic, antigenic peptides are potent, polyvalent CD8+ T-cell stimulating immunogens / Petra Riedl, Jörg Reimann, and Reinhold Schirmbeck -- Prime-boost strategies in DNA vaccines / C. Jane Dale ... [et al.] -- Modifying professional antigen-presenting cells to enhance DNA vaccine potency / Chien-Fu Hung, Mu Yang, and T.C. Wu -- Replicase-based DNA vaccines for allergy treatment / Sandra Scheiblhofer ... [et al.] -- Immunological responses of neonates and infants to DNA vaccines / Martha Sedegah and Stepen L. Hoffman -- DNA vaccines for allergy treatment / Richard Weiss, Sandra Sheiblhofer, and Josef Thalhamer -- Protection from autoimmunity by DNA vaccination against T-cell receptor / Thorsten Buch and Ari Waisman -- The use of bone marrow-chimeric mice in elucidating immune mechanisms / Akiko Iwasaki -- A simple method for the production of plasmid DNA in bioreactors / Kristin Listner, Laura Kizer Bentley, and Michel Chartrain -- Practical methods for supercoiled pDNA production / John Ballantyne -- Production of plasmid DNA in industrial quantities according to cGMP guidelines / Joachim Schorr ... [et al.] -- Large-scale, nonchromatographic purification of plasmid DNA / Jason C. Murphy, Michael A. Winters, and Sangeetha L. Sagar -- Assuring the quality, safety, and efficacy of DNA vaccines / James S. Robertson and Elwyn Griffiths.
- Adenosine deaminases acting on RNA (A...
- — DNA vaccines. 2nd ed. ..................
- Drug allergy ...........................
- — Inflammation and atherosclerosis .......
- Inflammation and cancer ................
- — Primer of neuroimmunological disease ...
- Principles of immunopharmacology. 2nd...
- — Visualizing immunity ...................
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases