Books by Subject
Aerospace MedicineAccess restricted to Stanford unless otherwise noted
- Fundamentals of space medicine 2005, Springer
- Human performance modeling in aviation 2008, CRCnetBASEThe NASA Human Performance Modeling (HPM) project: goals, approach, and overview / David C. Foyle and Becky L. Hooey -- Using human performance modeling in aviation / David C. Foyle and Becky L. Hooey -- Aviation safety studies: taxi navigation errors and synthetic vision system operations / Becky L. Hooey and David C. Foyle -- Overview of human performance modeling tools / Kenneth Leiden ... [et al.] -- An ACT-R approach to closing the loop on computational cognitive modeling: describing the dynamics of interactive decision making and attention allocation / Michael D. Byrne, Alex Kirlik, and Michael D. Fleetwood -- Modeling pilot performance with an integrated task network and cognitive architecture approach / Christian Lebiere ...[et al.] -- AIR MIDAS: a closed-loop model framework / Kevin M. Corker ... [et al.] -- D-OMAR: an architecture for modeling multi-task behaviors / Stephen E. Deutsch and Richard W. Pew -- Attention-situation awareness (A-SA) model of pilot error / Christopher D. Wickens ... [et al.] -- A cross-model comparison / Kenneth Leiden and Brad Best -- Human performance modeling: "a virtual roundtable discussion" / David C. Foyle ... [et al.] -- Advancing the state-of-the-art of human performance models to improve aviation safety / Becky L. Hooey and David C. Foyle.
- Nathan Zuntz 2009, ScienceDirect
- Principles of clinical medicine for space flight 2008, Springer
- Space and life 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Stress challenges and immunity in space 2012, SpringerThis book adopts an interdisciplinary approach in seeking to identify the impact of living conditions in space on the adaptation of the immune system.
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
Bookmark on other websites
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases