Books by Subject
- African Americans and HIV/AIDS 2010, Springer
- AIDS and other manifestations of HIV infection. 4th ed. 2004, ScienceDirect
- AIDS conspiracy 2012, ebraryThe conspiratorial move against HIV science and its consequences -- AIDS origin conspiracy theories in the United States and South Africa -- Who believes AIDS conspiracy theories and why leadership matters -- Science, politics, and credibility : David Gilbert fights AIDS conspiracy beliefs in US prisons -- Science, conspiracy theory, and the South African AIDS policy tragedy -- Hero scientists, cultropreneurs, living icons, and praise-singers : AIDS denialism as community -- Defending the imprimatur of science : Duesberg and the medical hypotheses saga -- The conspiratorial move and the struggle for evidence-based medicine.
- AIDS-associated viral oncogenesis 2007, Springer
- Antiretroviral resistance in clinical practice 2006, NCBI Bookshelf
- Best evidence structural interventions for HIV prevention 2013, SpringerIntroduction --Overview of Structural Interventions to Decrease Injection Drug-Use Risk --Overview of Structural Interventions to Decrease Noncommercial Sex Risk --Overview of Structural Interventions to Decrease Commercial Sex Risk --Overview of Structural Interventions to Increase Voluntary Counseling and Testing (VCT) and Antiretroviral Therapy (ART) --Conclusion.
- Biology of dendritic cells and HIV infection 2007, SpringerGeneral aspects of dendritic cell biology, functions, and clinical application. -- Dendritic cell biology: subset heterogeneity and functional plasticity / Vassili Soumelis, Yong-Jun Liu, and Michel Gilliet -- Dendritic cells and their role in linking innate and adaptive immune responses / Mary F. Lipscomb, Julie A. Wilder, and Barbara J. Masten -- Dendritic cell and pathogen interactions in the subversion of protective immunity / John E. Connolly, Damien Chaussabel, and Jacques Banchereau -- Dendritic cells as keepers of peripheral tolerance / Sabine Ring, Alexander H. Enk, and Karsten Mahnke -- Adjuvants, dendritic cells, and cytokines: strategies for enhancing vaccine efficacy / Paola Rizza, Imerio Capone, and Filippo Belardelli -- Ex vivo-generated dendritic cells for clinical trials versus in vivo targeting to dendritic cells: critical issues / Joannes F.M. Jacobs ... [et al.] -- General aspects of the pathogenesis and immune response to HIV-1 infection. -- Immunopathogenesis of HIV infection / Elisa Vicenzi ... [et al.] -- Innate cellular immune responses in HIV infection / Barbara Schmidt ... [et al.] -- Adaptive immune responses in HIV-1 infection / Mara Biasin and Mario Clerici -- Dendritic cells and HIV interactions and their role in pathogenesis and immunity. -- Binding and uptake of HIV by dendritic cells and transfer to T lymphocytes: implications for pathogenesis / Anthony L. Cunningham ... [et al.] -- Loss, infection, and dysfunction of dendritic cells in HIV infection / Steven Patterson, Heather Donaghy, and Peter Kelleher -- HIV exploitation of DC biology to subvert the host immune response / Manuela Del Cornò ... [et al.] -- Cross-presentation by dendritic cells: role in HIV immunity and pathogenesis / Concepción Marañón ... [et al.] -- Immunotherapy of HIV infection: dendritic cells as targets and tools / Imerio Capone ... [et al.].
- Cardiovascular disease in AIDS 2005, Springer
- Cardiovascular disease in AIDS. 2nd ed. 2009, Springer
- Case studies in ethics and HIV research 2007, Springer
- Cell death during HIV infection 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Chemokine receptors and neuroAIDS 2010, Springer
- Collective consciousness and its discontents 2008, Springer
- Comprehensive textbook of AIDS psychiatry 2008, ebraryPart I. Psychiatric Relevance and Implications of AIDS Psychiatry -- History of AIDS Psychiatry: A Biopsychosocial Approach-Paradigm and Paradox -- HIV/AIDS at 25: History, Epidemiology, Clinical Manifestations, and Treatment -- Psychoneuroimmunology and HIV -- Epidemiology of Psychiatric Disorders Associated with HIV and AIDS -- Sociocultural Factors Influencing the Transmission of HIV/AIDS in the United States: AIDS and the Nation's Prisons -- Part II. Comprehensive AIDS Psychiatric Assessment -- A Biopsychosocial Approach to Psychiatric Consultation in Persons with HIV and AIDS -- Neuropsychological Evaluation -- Part III. Psychiatric Disorders and HIV Infection -- Substance Use Disorders - The Special Role in HIV Transmission -- Mood Disorders -- HIV-Associated Neurocognitive Disorders -- Anxiety Disorders -- Psychotic Disorders and Severe Mental Illness -- The Role of Personality in HIV Risk Behaviors: Implications for Treatment -- Part IV. Unique Psychiatric Manifestations of HIV Infection -- Distress in Persons with HIV and AIDS -- Insomnia and HIV: A Biopsychosocial Approach -- Fatigue and HIV -- Unique Manifestations of HIV-Associated Dementia -- Suicide -- Part V. Neuropathologic Manifestations of HIV Infection -- HIV and the Central Nervous System -- Neurological Complications of HIV in the Spinal Cord and Peripheral Nervous System --Part VI. Risk Behaviors, HIV Transmission, and Adherence -- The Role of Psychiatric Disorders in HIV Transmission and Prevention -- Psychiatric Aspects of Adherence to Medical Care and Treatment for HIV/AIDS -- Homelessness and HIV Risk and Prevention -- Part VII. AIDS Psychiatry through the Life Cycle -- Childhood and Adolescence -- Young Adulthood and Serodiscordant Couples -- Older Age and HIV Infection -- Part VIII. AIDS Psychiatric Treatment and Psychotherapeutic Modalities -- Psychiatric Interventions -- Social Service Interventions -- Nursing Support -- Palliative and Spiritual Care of Persons with HIV and AIDS -- Special Settings: Psychiatric Facilities, Nursing Homes, Correctional Facilities, and Homeless Outreach -- Psychopharmacologic Treatment Issues in AIDS Psychiatry -- Part IX. AIDS Psychiatry and Comorbid Medical Conditions -- Hepatitis C and HIV Coinfection -- HIV-Associated Nephropathy, End-Stage Renal Disease, Dialysis, and Kidney Transplant -- Endocrine Comorbidities in Persons with HIV -- Lipodystrophy, Metabolic Disorders, and Cardiovascular Disorders in Persons with HIV -- Overview of HIV-Associated Comorbidities -- Part X. Ethical and Health Policy Aspects of AIDS Psychiatry -- Burnout, Occupational Hazards, and Health Care Workers with HIV -- End-of-Life Issues -- Ethical Issues, Advance Directives, and Surrogate Decision-Making -- Health Services and Policy Issues in AIDS Psychiatry.
- Entry inhibitors in HIV therapy 2007, Springer
- Family and HIV/AIDS 2012, Springer
- Global lessons from the AIDS pandemic 2008, Springer
- Healers abroad 2005, NAPWorkforce and global health -- Confronting HIV/AIDS on the ground -- New routes of engagement against global HIV/AIDS -- Envisioning a U.S. Global Health Service -- Programs of the U.S. Global Health Service -- Forward planning.
- Health issues confronting minority men who have sex with men 2008, SpringerDefining men who have sex with men (MSM) / Sana Loue -- Portrait one. Rebirth: evolution of a gender / Travis A. Garry -- Portrait two. ⁵De donde? / Hank Ramirez -- Portrait three. Untitled / Christina Caruth -- Sexual abuse. Childhood sexual abuse and its sequelae among latino gay and bisexual men / Sonya Grant Arreola -- Portrait four. May and December: dangerous intimacies / L. Michael Gipson -- Mental illness and substance abuse. Body image disturbance and its related disorders / Leslie J. Heinberg and Chris Kraft -- Portrait five. Cutting / Anonymous -- Substance use among minority men who have sex with men / Sana Loue and Jaroslaw Richard Romaniuk -- Homelessness. Homelessness among substance using minority men who have sex with men / James M. Holbrook -- "My body and my spirit took care of me": homelessness, violence, and resilience among American Indian two-spirit men / Karina L. Walters ... [et al.] -- National trends in HIV transmission among minority men who have sex with men / Daniel J. O'Shea -- HIV/AIDS in Cleveland: a case study of one community / David Bruckman -- Why tell? Serostatus disclosure and HIV stigma among HIV seropositive Asians and Pacific Islander men who have sex with men in New York City / Ezer Kang and Bruce D. Rapkin -- Disclosure of HIV status and mental health among Latino men who have sex with men / Maria Cecilia Zea -- The Beyond Identities Community Center (BICC): a community-focused, rights-based program to address HIV/AIDS and sexual health among young men of color in Cleveland, Ohio / Tracy Jones and Earl Pike -- Portrait six. For Jayla / L. Michael Gipson -- Portrait seven. Rage of betrayal / Erik Bradford -- Portrait eight. Community commitment / Various.
- HIV and AIDS 2007, Springer
- HIV and liver disease 2012, SpringerHIV epidemic in the USA: current trends, 2010 -- Epidemiology of liver disease in human immunodeficiency virus-infected persons -- Current and future treatment guidelines for HIV -- Pathology of HIV-associated liver disease -- Noninvasive markers of liver injury and fibrosis -- Mechanisms of alcoholic steatosis/steatohepatitis -- Immunopathogenesis of liver injury -- Host gene polymorphisms and disease/treatment outcomes in HIV and viral coinfections -- Effects of HIV on liver cell populations -- HIV replication -- Hepatitis C: natural history -- Natural history of hepatitis B virus in HIV-infected patients -- Other hepatitis viruses and HIV infection -- Hepatitis B virus: replication, mutation, and evolution -- Hepatitis C virus treatment in HIV -- Treatment of hepatitis B in HIV-infected persons -- Prevention of hepatitis infection in HIV-infected persons -- Antiretroviral therapy and hepatotoxicity -- Management of end-stage liver disease and the role of liver transplantation in HIV-infected patients -- Assessment and treatment of alcohol- and substance-use disorders in patients with HIV infection -- Racial disparities in HIV and liver disease -- Quality of life in patients with HIV infection and liver disease.
- HIV and the brain 2009, SpringerNeurocognitive changes in AIDS: evolution of treatment of HIV infection / Erna Milunka Kojic and Charles C.J. Carpenter -- Global incidence and epidemiology of the AIDS pandemic, distribution of HIV subtypes, and epidemiology of hepatitis C infection among HIV-positive individuals / Karen T. Tashima and Aadia I. Rana -- New insights into HIV neuropathogenesis / Tory P. Johnson and Avindra Nath -- Neuropathological findings associated with long-term HAART / Iain C. Anthony and Jeanne E. Bell -- Biomarkers of HIV-related central nervous system disease / Bruce James Brew and Scott Letendre -- Neuroimaging among HIV-infected patients: current knowledge and future directions / David F. Tate ... [et al.] -- The assessment of HIV-associated neurocognitive disorders: new challenges in the HAART era / Lucette A. Cysique and Bruce J. Brew -- The changing face of HIV-associated cognitive and neuropsychiatric disturbance / Ron Cohen -- Youth with HIV/AIDS: neurobehavioral consequences / Susannah Allison, Pamela L. Wolters, and Pim Brouwers -- Co-occurrence of HIV, hepatitis C, and substance use disorders: effects on brain functioning / Raul Gonzalez, Phillip J. Quartana, and Eileen M. Martin -- The functional impact of HIV-associated neuropsychological decline / Matthew J. Wright ... [et al.] -- Adjunctive therapy for long-term support of cognitive impairment / Joshua T. Dearborn ... [et al.] -- HIV-1 genetic diversity and its biological significance / Michael M. Thomson -- Opportunistic infections in the brain in developing countries / Marcus Tulius T. Silva and Beatriz Grinsztejn -- Impact of Clade diversity on neuropsychological outcomes / Robert Paul ... [et al.] -- The effects of aging on HIV disease / Robert C. Kalayjian and Lena Al-Harthi -- Neuropsychology of healthy aging / Molly E. Zimmerman and Adam M. Brickman -- Interactions between advanced age and HIV cognitive impairment / Victor Valcour and Aaron M. McMurtray.
- HIV care 2004, Promot ExcellFulltext Growthhouse"This report, written by the Promoting Excellence in End-of-Life Care Peer Workgroup on Palliative and End-of-Life Care in HIV/AIDS, an interdisciplinary group of clinicians and researchers, provides an assessment of unmet needs of HIV patients and their families with respect to comfort, quality of life and caregiver support, and calls for the re-integration of palliative care into the continuum of HIV care."--Executive Summary.
- HIV interactions with dendritic cells 2013, Springer
- HIV interactions with host cell proteins 2009, SpringerPreface -- Host restriction of HIV-1 by APOBEC3 and viral evasion through Vif -- Interactions of viral protein U (Vpu) with cellular factors -- TRIM5alpha -- Human immunodeficiency virus type-1 Gag and host vesicular trafficking pathways -- The roles of tetraspanins in HIV-1 replication -- Imaging of HIV/host protein interactions -- Virological and cellular roles of the transcriptional coactivator LEDGF/p75 -- Implications of Nef: host cell interactions in viral persistence and progression to AIDS -- Vpr and its interactions with cellular proteins.
- HIV prevention. 1st ed. 2009, ScienceDirectCurrent and future trends: implications for HIV preventions / Vikrant V. Sahasrabuddhe and Sten H. Vermund -- Understanding the biology of HIV-1 transmission: the foundation for prevention / Deborah J. Anderson -- HIV vaccines / Robert E. Geise and Ann Duerr -- Microbicides / Ian McGowan -- Using antiretrovirals to prevent HIV transmission / Cynthia L. Gay, Angela D. Kashuba and Myron S. Cohen -- Male circumcision and HIV prevention / Ronald Gray, David Serwadda, Godfrey Kigozi and Maria J. Wawer -- Payoff from AIDS behavioral prevention research / Willo Pequegnat and Ellen Stover -- Individual interventions / Matthew J. Mimiaga ... [et al.] -- Couples' voluntary counseling and testing / Kathy Hageman, Amanda Tichacek and Susan Allen -- Updating HIV prevention with gay men: current challenges and opportunities to advance health among gay men / Ron Stall, Amy Herrick, Thomas E. Guadamuz and Mark S. Friedman -- Reducing sexual risk behavior among men and women with HIV infection / Jean L. Richardson and Tracey E. Wilson -- Injection drug use and HIV: past and future consideration for HIV prevention and interventions / Crystal M. Fuller, Chandra Ford and Abby Rudolph -- HIV risk and prevention for non-injection substance users / Lydia N. Drumright and Grant N. Colfax -- Preventing HIV among sex workers / Bea Vuylsteke, Anjana Das, Gina Dallabetta and Marie Laga -- Interventions with youth in high-prevalence areas / Quarraisha Abdool Karim, Anna Meyer-Weitz and Abigail Harrison -- Interventions with incarcerated persons / Ank Nijhawan, Nickolas Zaller, David Cohen and Josiah D. Rich -- Preventing mother-to-child transmission of HIV / James A. McIntyre and Glenda E. Gray --Harm reduction, human rights and public health / Christ Beyrer, Susan G. Sherman and Stefan Baral -- HIV testing and counseling / Julie A. Denison, Donna L. Higgins and Michael D. Sweat -- Structural interventions in societal contexts / Suniti Solomon and Kartik K. Venkatesh -- Evaluating HIV/AIDS programs in the US and developing countries / Jane T. Bertrand, David R. Holtgrave and Amy Gregowski -- Adapting successful research studies in the public health arena: going from efficacy trials to effective public health interventions / Kevin A. Fenton, Richard J. Wolitski, Cynthia M. Lyles and Sevgi O. Aral.
- HIV, resurgent infections and population change in Africa 2007, Springer
- HIV/AIDS and the nervous system 2007, ScienceDirect
- HIV/AIDS in South Africa 25 years on 2009, Springer
- HIV/AIDS in U.S. communities of color 2009, Springer
- Part 1. Transmission of HIV-1 infection to the infant through breastfeeding -- Breastfeeding and Transmission of HIV-1: Epidemiology and Global Magnitude / Mary Glenn Fowler, Athena P. Kourtis, Jim Aizire, Carolyne Onyango-Makumbi and Marc Bulterys -- Breastfeeding and Transmission of Viruses Other than HIV-1 / Claire L. Townsend, Catherine S. Peckham and Claire Thorne -- Breastfeeding Among HIV-1 Infected Women: Maternal Health Outcomes and Social Repercussions / Elizabeth Stringer and Kate Shearer -- Early Diagnosis of HIV Infection in the Breastfed Infant / Chin-Yih Ou, Susan Fiscus, Dennis Ellenberger, Bharat Parekh and Christine Korhonen, et al. -- Part 2. Mechanisms of HIV-1 transmission through breast milk: Virology -- Virologic Determinants of Breast Milk Transmission of HIV-1 / Susan A. Fiscus and Grace M. Aldrovandi -- HIV-1 Resistance to Antiretroviral Agents: Relevance to Mothers and Infants in the Breastfeeding Setting / Michelle S. McConnell and Paul Palumbo -- Animal Models of HIV Transmission Through Breastfeeding and Pediatric HIV Infection / Koen K. A. Van Rompay and Kartika Jayashankar -- Antiretroviral Pharmacology in Breast Milk / Amanda H. Corbett -- Part 3. Mechanisms of HIV-1 transmission through breast milk: Immunology -- The Immune System of Breast Milk: Antimicrobial and Anti-inflammatory Properties / Philippe Lepage and Philippe Van de Perre -- B Lymphocyte-Derived Humoral Immune Defenses in Breast Milk Transmission of the HIV-1 / Laurent Bélec and Athena P. Kourtis -- Cellular Immunity in Breast Milk: Implications for Postnatal Transmission of HIV-1 to the Infant / Steffanie Sabbaj, Chris C. Ibegbu and Athena P. Kourtis -- Part 4. Prevention of breast milk transmission of HIV-1 --Antiretroviral Drugs During Breastfeeding for the Prevention of Postnatal Transmission of HIV-1 / Athena P. Kourtis, Isabelle de Vincenzi, Denise J. Jamieson and Marc Bulterys -- Immune Approaches for the Prevention of Breast Milk Transmission of HIV-1 / Barbara Lohman-Payne, Jennifer Slyker and Sarah L. Rowland-Jones -- Non-antiretroviral Approaches to Prevention of Breast Milk Transmission of HIV-1: Exclusive Breastfeeding, Early Weaning, Treatment of Expressed Breast Milk / Jennifer S. Read -- Breast Milk Micronutrients and Mother-to-Child Transmission of HIV-1 / Monal R. Shroff and Eduardo Villamor -- Part 5. Research Implementation and Policy Related to Breastfeeding by HIV-1-Infected Mothers -- Historical Perspective of African-Based Research on HIV-1 Transmission Through Breastfeeding: The Malawi Experience / Taha E. Taha -- Breastfeeding and HIV Infection in China / Christine Korhonen, Liming Wang, Linhong Wang, Serena Fuller and Fang Wang, et al. -- The Role of the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief in Infant and Young Child Feeding Guideline Development and Program Implementation / Michelle R. Adler, Margaret Brewinski, Amie N. Heap and Omotayo Bolu -- HIV-1 and Breastfeeding in the United States / Kristen M. Little, Dale J. Hu and Ken L. Dominguez -- Part 6. DEBATE: Should Women With HIV-1 Infection Breastfeed Their Infants? Balancing the Scientific Evidence, Ethical Issues and Cost-Policy Considerations -- Pendulum Swings in HIV-1 and Infant Feeding Policies: Now Halfway Back / Louise Kuhn and Grace Aldrovandi -- Should Women with HIV-1 Infection Breastfeed Their Infants? It Depends on the Setting / Grace John-Stewart and Ruth Nduati -- Part 7. The Epilogue -- The Future of Breastfeeding in the Face of HIV-1 Infection: Science and Policy / Marc Bulterys and Athena P. Kourtis.
- Human retrovirus protocols 2005, Springer Protocols
- In vivo models of HIV disease and control 2006, Springer
- Living with HIV and dying with AIDS 2013, ebrary
- Measuring what matters 2004, NAP
- "This IOM committee was formed at the request of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and charged with addressing methodological challenges in late-stage nonvaccine biomedical HIV prevention trials with a specific focus on microbicide and pre-exposure prophylaxis trials."
- Models of protection against HIV/SIV 2011, ScienceDirectNatural SIV infection :virological aspects /Jan Münch and Frank Kirchhoff --Natural SIV infection :immunological aspects /Béatrice Jacquelin, Roland C. Zahn, Françoise Barré-Sinoussi, Jörn E. Schmitz, Amitinder Kaur and Michaela C. Müller-Trutwin --Implications for therapy /Ivona Pandrea and Alan L. Landay --Are some people protected against HIV infection? /Mario Clerici, Mara Biasin and Gene M. Shearer --The genital mucosa, the front lines in the defense against HIV /T. Blake Ball and Kristina Broliden --Host genetics and resistance to HIV-1 infection /Ma Luo, Paul J. McLaren and Francis A. Plummer --The immune system and resisting HIV infection /Keith R. Fowke, Catherine M. Card and Rupert Kaul --Definition, natural history and heterogeneity of HIV controllers /Asier Sáez-Cirión, Gianfranco Pancino and Olivier Lambotte, for the ANRS CO18 Cohort --Residual viremia and viral reservoirs in elite controllers /Robert W. Buckheit III and Joel N. Blankson --Immune responses associated to viral control /Florencia Pereyra and Bruce D. Walker --Immune mechanisms of viral control in HIV-2 infection /Eirini Moysi, Thushan de Silva and Sarah Rowland-Jones --Genetic associations with resistance to HIV-1 infection, viral control and protection against disease /Jacques Fellay and Amalio Telenti.
- Molecular basis for therapy of AIDS-defining cancers 2010, Springer
- Politics and history of AIDS treatment in Brazil 2009, Springer
- Positive prevention 2005, SpringerAnoverview of prevention with people living with HIV /Richard J. Wolitski ... [et al.] --HIV diagnosis and risk behavior /Lance S. Weinhardt --HIV disclosure and safer sex /Jane M. Simoni, David W. Pantalone --HIV-positive gay and bisexual men /Jeffrey T. Parsons --HIV-positive and HCV-positive drug users /Steffanie A. Strathdee, Thomas L. Patterson --Young people living with HIV /Amy Elkavich ... [et al.] --Interventions in community settings /Lisa R. Metsch, Lauren K. Gooden, David W. Purcell --Interventions in clinical settings /Susan M. Kiene, Jeffrey D. Fisher, William A. Fisher --International perspectives /Jonathan Elford ... [et al.]
- Psychiatric aspects of HIV/AIDS 2006, OvidEpidemiology / Margarita Alegría ... [et al.] -- Virology, immunology, transmission, and disease stage / Karl Goodkin -- Medical treatment and occupational exposure / Ellen A.B. Morrison, Jon A. Levenso -- Psychiatric assessment / María Fernanda Gómez, Mary Alice O'Dowd -- Psychological and neuropsychological testing / Joel K. Levy -- Electrophysiology and brain mapping / Harold W. Goforth, Lukasz M. Konopka -- Psychological reactions / Vicenzio Holder-Perkins, Jeffrey S. Akman -- Stress-distress spectrum and adjustment disorders / Dimitri D. Markov, Elisabeth J.S. Kunkel, Howard Field --Anxiety disorders / Annette M. Matthews, Manuel Trujillo -- Mood disorders / Pedro Ruiz -- Personality disorders / Khenu Singh, Herb Ochitill -- Cognitive disorders / Angela M. McBride, Francisco Fernandez -- Psychotic disorders / Ewald Horwath, Francine Cournos -- Substance use disorders / Stephen J. Ferrando, Steven L. Batki -- Sleep disorders / Carlos A. Santana, Francisco Fernandez -- Psychotropic drug interactions with antiretroviral medications / Philip A. Bialer, Kyle S. Kato, Vassilios Latoussakis -- Pain syndromes / William Breitbart --Sexually transmitted infections / Angela L. Stotts ... [et al.] -- Psychiatric comorbidities in medically ill patients with HIV/AIDS / Stephen J. Ferrando, Constantine G. Lyketsos -- HIV/AIDS among Hispanic Americans / Pedro Ruiz, Frank Fernandez -- HIV/AIDS among African Americans / William B. Lawson, Janice G. Hutchinson, Dianne L. Reynolds -- HIV/AIDS among Asian and Pacific Islander Americans / Lynette J. Menezes, Todd Wills, Karina D'Souza -- HIV/AIDS among American Indians and Alaska natives / Carol E. Kaufman ... [et al.] -- HIV/AIDS among neonates and infant / Andrea Stolar, Johanna Goldfarb -- HIV/AIDS among children and adolescents / Andres J. Pumariega, Margaret A. Shugart, JoAnne B. Pumariega --HIV/AIDS among older adults / Maria D. Llorente, Julie E. Malphurs -- HIV/AIDS among women / Isabel T. Lagomasino, Gustavo Rodriguez -- HIV/AIDS among men who have sex with men / Milton L. Wainberg, Kenneth B. Ashley -- HIV/AIDS among women who have sex with women / Alison R. Jones, Cynthia L. Hoyler -- HIV/AIDS among the homeless / Jacqueline Maus Feldman, Stephen M. Goldfinger -- HIV/AIDS among prisoners / Wade C. Myers ... [et al.] -- HIV/AIDS and the patient's family / James L. Griffith, Michael Golder -- Ethical, forensic, and legal considerations / James Satriano -- Religious and spiritual considerations / Daniel W. Hicks, Francis G. Lu --Psychotherapeutic strategies / Claire Zilber -- Complementary and holistic medicine / Janet Konefal, Jessica Lillisand -- Biopsychosocial aspects / Cheryl Gore-Felton, Cheryl Koopman, David Spiegel -- Suicide and end-of-life care / Mary Ann Cohen -- Prevention and education strategies / Michael D. Knox, Tiffany Chenneville -- Physician assisted suicide and voluntary euthanasia / Marshall Forstein.
- Reverse transcriptase inhibitors in HIV/AIDS therapy 2006, SpringerStructural studies on HIV reverse transcriptase related to drug discovery / David K. Stammers and Jingshan Ren -- Zidovudine, lamivudine, and abacavir / Monica Carten and Harold Kessler -- Stavudine, didanosine, and zalcitabine / Gail Skowron, Sapna Chowdhry and Michael R. Stevens -- Emtricitabine / Gail Skowron, Jeffrey Bratberg and Rudi Pauwels -- Nucleotide analogs / Craig J. Hoesley -- Resistance to nucleoside and nucleotide reverse transcriptase inhibitors / Nancy Shulman and Mark Winters -- Pharmacokinetics of reverse transcriptase inhibitors / Patrick Hoggard ... [et al.] -- Peripheral neuropathy associated with nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor therapy / Bruce A. Cohen and Russell Bartt -- Mitochondrial dysfunction and nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor therapy: a pathophysiological perspective / William Lewis -- Mitochondrial toxicity and lipodystrophy / Grace McComsey -- Nevirapine / David Asmuth and Richard Pollard -- Efavirenz / Graeme J. Moyle and Brian Conway -- Delavirdine / Brian Conway -- Resistance to non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors / F. Ramzi Asfour and Richard Haubrich -- Vertical transmission of HIV and therapeutic interventions / Susan Cu-Uvin, Arlene Bardeguez and Carla Chibwesha -- New reverse transcriptase inhibitors in development / Rudi Pauwels -- Antiretroviral drugs for millions / Allan Ronald, Ellie Katabira and Merle Sande.
- Opportunities and challenges -- Lessons learned -- Principles of scale-up -- Managing scale-up of antiretroviral therapy -- The path forward.
- Scientific basis of healthcare. AIDS and pregnancy / 2012, CRCnetBASEHIV/AIDS : an overview / Francis Agyemang-Yeboah and Bernard C. Nkum -- Can teens teach other teens HIV prevention? : implications for AIDS and pregnancy / Ganga Mahat and Maryann Scoloveno -- Knowledge of antenatal attendees about HIV/AIDS in pregnancy / Anietie Effiong Moses, Emem Abasi Bassey, and Godwin Etim Asuquo -- Midwives and occupational exposures to HIV / Maria Ganczak -- Pregnancy and delivery in HIV positive women : antenatal care and outcome / Karoline Aebi-Popp, Christoph Rudin, and Luigia Elzi -- Management of HIV/AIDS stigma : nursing perspectives / Susan W. Gaskins -- Prenatal assistance to pregnant women with HIV/AIDS / Prescilla Chow ... [et al.] -- Antenatal screening and HIV-pregnancy : strategies for treatment / Ali A. Al-Jabri ... [et al.] -- Low lymphocyte count in HIV-pregnancy and strategies for treatment / Alashle Abimiku and Evaezi Okpokoro -- Antiretroviral regimens recommended for prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV / Christiana Smith and Adriana Weinberg -- Pregnancy-related adverse effects of antiretroviral therapy / Elie Azria, Sophie Matheron, and Dominique Luton.
- Secret epidemic 2005, ebrary
- To serve as a tool to help community planning groups (CPGs), health departments, and other stakeholders understand the issues behind Latino participation in HIV prevention community planning, as well as to increase Latino participation in the process.
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases