- Second in a series of WHO reports on the global tobacco epidemic. Tracks the status of the tobacco epidemic and the impact of interventions implemented to stop it.
- WHO resource book on mental health, human rights and legislation Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Who's who in fluorescence 2008 2008, Springer
- Whole body MR imaging 2009, ThiemeBasic principles -- Head and neck -- Chest -- The female breast -- Abdomen -- Pelvis -- Lymph nodes -- Peripheral skeletal system -- Vessels -- Whole-body MRI and MRA, high-field MRI.
- Whole body ultrasonography in the critically ill 2010, SpringerBasic notions of critical ultrasound -- The ultrasound equipment -- Specific notions of critical ultrasound in the critically ill -- Introduction to abdominal ultrasound: normal patterns -- Peritoneum -- Gastrointestinal tract -- Liver -- Gallbladder -- Urinary tract -- Various targets in the abdomen (spleen, adrenals, pancreas, lymph nodes) -- Aorta -- Principles of examination of the deep veins in the critically ill -- Principles of examination of the deep veins in the critically ill [same title as chapter 12 before?] -- Introduction to lung ultrasound -- Pleural effusion -- Lung: alveolar syndrome -- Lung and interstitial syndrome -- Pneumothorax -- Basic applications of lung ultrasound in the critically ill: 1-a bedside alternative to CT and other irradiating techniques -- Basic applications of lung ultrasound in the critically ill: 2-the ultrasound approach of an acute respiratory failure: the BLUE protocol -- Applications of lung ultrasound in the critically ill: 3-lung ultrasound in the neonate -- Simple emergency cardiac sonography -- Simple critical ultrasound considering hemodynamic therapy: our limited investigation -- Head and neck -- Soft tissues and miscellaneous areas -- Interventional ultrasound -- Ultrasound in the surgical intensive care unit, some peculiarities -- Critical ultrasound outside the intensive care unit -- Analytic study of severe and/or frequent situations in the critically ill -- Free considerations -- A way to learn critical ultrasound -- Critical ultrasound, not just a new technique: also a philosophy.
- Whole person care a new paradigm for the 21st century 2011, SpringerWhole Person Care / Tom A. Hutchinson -- Suffering, Whole Person Care, and the Goals of Medicine / Eric J. Cassell -- The Healing Journey / Tom A. Hutchinson, Balfour M. Mount and Michael Kearney -- The Challenge of Medical Dichotomies and the Congruent Physician-Patient Relationship in Medicine / Tom A. Hutchinson and James R. Brawer -- Separation-Attachment Theory in Illness and the Role of the Healthcare Practitioner / Gregory Fricchione -- Empathy, Compassion, and the Goals of Medicine / Stephen Liben -- Mindfulness and Whole Person Care / Patricia L. Dobkin -- Healing, Wounding, and the Language of Medicine / Abraham Fuks -- Death Anxiety: The Challenge and the Promise of Whole Person Care / Sheldon Solomon and Krista Lawlor -- Whole Person Self-Care: Self-Care from the Inside Out / Michael Kearney and Radhule Weininger -- Prevention and Whole Person Care / Tom A. Hutchinson -- Whole Person Care and Complementary and Alternative Therapies / Mary Grossman -- Spiritual Dimensions of Whole Person Care / Abdu'l-Missagh Ghadirian -- Whole Person Care and the Revolution in Genetics / David S. Rosenblatt and Jennifer Fitzpatrick -- Whole Person Care on a Busy Medical Ward / Gordon L. Crelinsten -- Teaching Whole Person Care in Medical School / Helen McNamara and J. Donald Boudreau -- Whole Person Care, Professionalism, and the Medical Mandate / Richard L. Cruess and Sylvia R. Cruess -- Whole Person Care: Conclusions / Tom A. Hutchinson.
- Whole-body FDG PET imaging in oncology clinical reports 2014, SpringerThis manual presents a large collection of clinical cases in oncology with accompanying whole-body FDG PET-CT scans. The aim is to promote an integrated approach to the use of PET-CT, and detailed attention is therefore paid to the clinical history and diagnostic question. A central aspect of every clinical case described in this manual is the guidance on the clinical report, which is the official tool for communicating with both the referring physician and the person undergoing the diagnostic test; for this reason it needs to be clear, understandable, and written in shared language. The advice regarding report preparation is strongly supported by informative PET, CT, and PET-CT fused images of each disease. The book is broadly structured according to anatomic region, and a wide range of common diseases likely to be imaged using PET-CT is covered. This book will be of value to all those training or working in the field of oncology who wish to ensure that they are best placed to contextualize, interpret, and report the findings obtained with PET-CT, which can have such a dramatic impact on prognosis, therapeutic choice, and quality of life.
- Whole-body MRI screening 2014, Springer1. The Ethics of Incidental Findings in Population-Based MRI Research / Martin Hoffmann and Reinold Schmücker -- 2. MR Imaging in Population-Based Research / Henry Völzke -- 3. Technical Prerequisites for Whole-Body MRI Screening / Harald H. Quick -- 4. Contrast Agent Administration and Imaging Protocols for Whole-Body MRI / Achim Seeger , Stephan Miller , and Heinz-Peter Schlemmer -- 5. The Head and Neck / Sönke Langner -- 6. The Chest / Christian Rosenberg -- 7. The Heart / Saskia Ungerer -- 8. The Abdomen / Jens-Peter Kühn and Christoph Lühken -- 9. The Vascular System / Michael Kirsch and Marcel Mohr -- 10. The Musculoskeletal System and Spine / Katrin Hegenscheid and Martin Petrik -- 11. The Breast / Saskia Ungerer -- 12. The Urogenital System / Birger Mensel and Ralf Puls.
- A biographical dictionary of medical eponyms. It presents a complete survey of all medical phenomena named for a person, with a biography of that person.
- Wicked cool Perl scripts useful Perl scripts that solve difficult problems 2006, SUNet ID login required to search for this title
- Wilderness medicine. 6th ed. 2012, ClinicalKey"Dr. Paul Auerbach and a team of experts offer proven, practical, visual guidance for effectively diagnosing and treating the full range of emergencies and health problems encountered in situations where time and resources are scarce. Every day, more and more people are venturing into the wilderness and extreme environments, or are victims of horrific natural disasters...and many are unprepared for the dangers and aftermath that come with these episodes. This resource equips rescuers and health care professionals to effectively address and prevent injury and illness in the wilderness"--Publisher's description."
- Wildlife and emerging zoonotic diseases the biology, circumstances, and consequences of cross-species transmission 2007, Springer
- Wiley encyclopedia of molecular medicine, volume 1-5 2002, Knovel
- Wiley-Blackwell handbook of psychoneuroimmunology 2014, ebraryThe term psychoneuroimmunology was originally coined to acknowledge the existence of functional interactions between the brain, the immune system and the endocrine system. As our understanding deepens regarding the interplay between the brain and the way bodies function, the field continues to grow in importance.
- Willard & Spackman's Occupational therapy. 11th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- William Harvey a life in circulation SU Catalog (SearchWorks)Print MaterialPrologue. A new theory (1636) : 'Blood moves ... in a circle, continuously' -- pt. 1. Raising himself from the ground. A Kentish upbringing (1578-1593) : 'Half farmer and half gentleman' ; Cambridge studies I (1593) : 'Making low legs to a nobleman' ; Cambridge studies II (c.1593-1599) : 'Devoting himself assiduously to his studies' ; Essay 1. Galen, Mondino, and Vesa lius : a brief history of anatomy ; Padual studies I (1599-c1600) : 'Fair Pauda, nursery of the arts' ; Essay 2. A dissection of sacred hearts, feeling hearts, and thinking hearts ; Padual studies II (c.1600-1602) : 'The explosion of anatomy' ; Early years in London (c.1602-c.1610) : 'Begin the world' ; Advances (c.1610-c.1625) : 'Good endeavours bring forth much good frute' -- pt. 2. Placing his head among the stars. A public lecture I (Late 1610s) : Nasty (yet recompensed by admirable variety'
- William Richard Gowers 1845-1915 exploring the Victorian brain : a biography. First edition [1st ed.] 2012Print Material"Sir William Richard Gowers was one of the pre-eminent clinical neurologists of the nineteenth century. He is best remembered for his discovery of the eponymous 'Gowers' sign', for his invention of the patella hammer, and for authoring the classic two-volume neurology textbook Manual of Diseases of the Nervous System. To date Dr Gowers has been the subject of only one published biography, while some aspects of Gowers' work have been chronicled in historical works regarding the history of neurology. This book goes into greater detail than ever, presenting the life story behind a great Victorian brain. Illustrated throughout with hundreds of family photographs and original sketches, the authors cover Gowers' early years, his clinical work at Queen Square, his accolades, and friendships with explorers and famous authors. Co-authored by an academic with special access to the Gowers family archives and two leading neurologists, this book is the first definitive reference work on the life of William Richard Gowers." -- [Publisher-supplied data]
- Williams Gynecology. 2nd ed. 2012, AccessMedicineSection 1. Benign General Gynecology -- Section 2. Reproductive Endocrinology, Infertility, and the Menopause -- Section 3. Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery -- Section 4. Gynecologic Oncology -- Section 5. Aspects of Gynecologic Surgery -- Section 6. Atlas of Gynecologic Surgery.
- Williams Hematology. 7th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Williams Hematology. 8th ed. 2010, AccessMedicine"A comprehensive textbook outlining all facets of hematology"--Provided by publisher.
- Williams Obstetrics. 22nd ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Williams obstetrics. 24th edition. 2014 (24th ed.), AccessMedicineOverview of obstetrics -- Maternal anatomy -- Congenital genitourinary abnormalities -- Maternal physiology -- Implantation and placental development -- Placental abnormalities -- Embryogenesis and fetal morphological development -- Preconceptional counseling -- Prenatal care -- Fetal imaging -- Amnionic fluid -- Teratology, teratogens, and fetotoxic agents -- Genetics -- Prenatal diagnosis -- Fetal disorders -- Fetal therapy -- Fetal assessment -- Abortion -- Ectopic pregnancy -- Gestational trophblastic disease -- Physiology of labor -- Normal labor -- Abnormal labor -- Intrapartum assessment -- Obstetrical analgesia and anesthesia -- Induction and augmentation -- Vaginal delivery -- Breech delivery -- Operative vaginal delivery -- Cesarean delivery and peripartum hysterectomy -- Prior cesarean delivery -- The newborn -- Diseases and injuries of the term newborn -- The preterm newborn -- Stillbirth -- The puerperium -- Puerperal complications -- Contraception -- Sterilization -- Hypertensive disorders -- Obstetrical hemorrhage -- Preterm labor -- Postterm pregnancy -- Fetal-growth disorders -- Multifetal pregnancy -- General considerations and maternal evaluation -- Critical care and trauma -- Obesity -- Cardiovascular disorders -- Chronic hypertension -- Pulmonary disorders -- Thromboembolic disorders -- Renal and urinary disorders -- Gastrointestinal disorders -- Hepatic, biliary, and pancreatic disorders -- Hematological disorders -- Diabetes mellitus -- Endorcrine disorders -- Connective-tissue disorders -- Neurological disorders -- Psychiatric disorders -- Dermatological disorders -- Neoplastic disorders -- Infectious diseases -- Sexually transmitted infections.
- Williams Textbook of endocrinology. 11th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialPrinciples of endocrinology -- The endocrine patient -- Genetic control of peptide hormone formation -- Mechanism of action of hormones that act on nuclear receptors -- Mechanism of action of hormones that act at the cell surface -- Laboratory techniques for recognition of endocrine disorders -- Neuroendocrinology -- Anterior pituitary -- Posterior pituitary -- Thyroid physiology and diagnostic evaluation of patients with thyroid disorders -- Thyrotoxicosis -- Hypothyroidism and thyroiditis -- Nontoxic diffuse and nodular goiter and thyroid neoplasia -- The adrenal cortex -- Endocrine hypertension -- The physiology and pathology of the female reproductive axis -- Hormonal contraception -- Testicular disorders -- Sexual dysfunction in men and women -- Endorcine changes in pregnancy -- Endocrinology of fetal development -- Disorders of sex development -- Normal and aberrant growth -- Puberty: ontogeny, neuroendocrinology, physiology, and disorders -- Hormones and athletic performance -- Endocrinology and aging -- Hormones and disorders of mineral metabolism -- Metabolic bone disease -- Kidney stones -- Type 2 diabetes mellitus -- Type 1 diabetes mellitus -- Complications of diabetes mellitus -- Glucose homeostasis and hypoglycemia -- Neuroendocrine control of energy stores -- Obesity -- Disorders of lipid metabolism -- Endocrinology of HIV/AIDS -- Gastrointestinal hormones and gut endocrine tumors -- Pathogenesis of endocrine tumors -- Multiple endocrine neoplasia -- The immunoendocrinopathy syndromes -- Endocrine-responsive cancer -- Humoral manifestations of malignancy -- Carcinoid tumors, carcinoid syndrome, and related disorders.
- Williams Textbook of endocrinology. 12th ed. 2011, ClinicalKeySection I. Hormones and Hormone Action -- Section II. Hypothalamus and Pituitary -- Section III. Thyroid -- Section IV. Adrenal Cortex and Endocrine Hypertension -- Section V. Reproduction -- Section VI. Endocrinology and the Life Span -- Section VII. Mineral Metabolism -- Section VIII. Disorders of Carbohydrate and Metabolism -- Section IX. Body Fat and Lipid Metabolism --Section X. Polyendocrine and Neoplastic Disorders.
- Wills Eye manual office and emergency room diagnosis and treatment of eye disease. 5th ed. 2008, OvidDifferential diagnosis of ocular symptoms -- Differential diagnosis of ocular signs -- Trauma -- Cornea -- Conjunctiva/sclera/iris/external disease -- Eyelid -- Orbit -- Pediatrics -- Glaucoma -- Neuro-ophthalmology -- Retina -- Uveitis -- General ophthalmic problems -- Imaging modalities in ophthalmology.
- Wills Eye manual office and emergency room diagnosis and treatment of eye disease. 6th ed. 2012, Ovid"The thoroughly revised Sixth Edition of this classic reference on ocular disease is the perfect guide for all clinicians who treat eye disorders. Written in a concise outline format, this quick reference is perfect for diagnosis and management of hundreds of ocular conditions. This pocketsize manual covers from symptoms to treatment all ocular disorders likely to be encountered in the office, emergency room, or hospital setting"-- Provided by publisher. "The goal of the book has always been to provide a quick reference containing concise answers to diagnostic and therapeutic problems that span most of ophthalmology. The Wills Manual provides essential diagnostic tips and specific therapeutic information pertaining to eye disease. These are the issues that the ophthalmology resident, the attending ophthalmologist and the emergency room physician must deal with on a daily basis"-- Provided by publisher.
- The biology of growth / N. Cameron -- Human growth and cardiovascular disease / D.J.P. Barker -- The role of growth in heart development / K.L. Thornburg, S. Louey, G.D. Giraud -- Growth and bone development / C. Cooper ... [et al.] -- The role of genes in growth and later health / J.G. Eriksson -- Maternal nutrition before and during pregnancy / T.O. Scholl -- The diabetic pregnancy, macrosomia, and perinatal nutritional programming / A. Plagemann, T. Harder, J.W. Dudenhausen -- Undernutrition and growth restriction in pregnancy / R.L. Bergmann, K.E. Bergmann, J.W. Dudenhausen -- Growth and nutrition : the first six months / L.Ö. Hanson ... [et al.] -- Growth in the first two years of life / D.M. Bier -- Effects of early environment on mucosal immunologic homeostasis, subsequent immune responses and disease outcome / P.L. Ogra, R.C. Welliver Sr. -- Induction of antigen-specific immunity in human neonates and infants / C.B. Wilson, T.R. Kollmann -- Growth and host-pathogen interactions / A.M. Prentice, M.K. Darboe -- Neonatal microbial flora and disease outcome / M.F. Vassallo, W.A. Walker -- Impact of fetal and neonatal viral (and parasitic) infections on later development and disease outcome / Y.A. Maldonado -- Environmental influences on the development of the immune system : consequences for disease outcome / B. Björkstén.
- Windows PowerShell cookbook SU Catalog (SearchWorks)Print Material
- Windows Vista administration the definitive guide. 1st ed. SU Catalog (SearchWorks)Print MaterialThis book will help you install, configure, and maintain Microsoft's newest operating system. Written in jargon free English that puts concepts in proper context, the book gives you a better understanding of Vista's innovations and capabilities, teaches you how to leverage Vista to increase worker productivitity, and demonstrates how the system can best protect senstitive data. --p. 4 of cover.
- Windows XP cookbook ProQuest Safari
- Windows XP hacks. 2nd ed. 2005, ProQuest Safari
- Windows XP in a nutshell. 2nd ed. 2005, ProQuest Safari
- Wintrobe's Atlas of clinical hematology 2007, OvidAnemia / David Barth and Jan V. Hirschmann -- Acute leukemias / Douglas C Tkachuk and Jan V. Hirschmann -- Myelodysplastic syndromes / Douglas C. Tkachuk, Kathy Chun and Jan V. Hirschmann -- Chronic myeloproliferative syndromes / Tracy I. George -- Lymphoproliferative disorders / Jan V. Hirschmann, Denis J. Bailey and Douglas C. Tkachuk -- Flow cytometry in the diagnosis of hematopoietic diseases / Steven J. Kussick -- Cytology and laser scanning cytometry / William R. Geddie -- Approach to the microscopic evaluation of blood and bone marrow / Douglas C. Tkachuk and Jan V. Hirschmann.
- Laboratory Hematology -- The Normal Hematologic System -- Trnasfusion Medicine -- Disorders of Red Cells -- Disorders of Hemostasis and Coagulation -- Benign Disorders of Leukocytes, The Spleen, and/or Immunoglobins -- Hematologic Malignancies -- Transplantation -- Appendices.
- Wireless security 2012, CRCnetBASE1. Introduction -- 2. WLAN -- 3. PDAs -- 4. Mobile phones -- 5. Bluetooth -- 6. Infrared -- 7. Security policy.
- WISC-IV advanced clinical interpretation 2006, ScienceDirectWISC-IV interpretation in societal context -- The essentials and beyond -- Advanced interpretative issues with the WISC-IV full scale IQ and general ability index scores -- Advanced clinical interpretation of the WISC-IV index scores -- Essentials of WISC-IV integrated interpretation -- WISC-IV integrated: beyond the essentials -- Advanced WISC-IV and WISC-IV integrated interpretation in context with other measures -- Report writing: a child-centered approach.
- WISC-IV clinical use and interpretation scientist-practitioner perspectives 2005, ScienceDirectThe WISC-IV in the clinical assessment context / Aurelio Prifitera ... [et al.] -- Clinical interpretation of the WISC-IV FSIQ and GAI / Donald H. Saklofske ... [et al.] -- Interpreting the WISC-IV index scores / Lawrence G. Weiss, Donald H. Saklofske and Aurelio Prifitera -- The WISC-IV integrated / George McCloskey and Art Maerlender -- Integrated multilevel model for branching assessment, instructional assessment, and profile assessment / Virginia W. Berninger, Alnita Dunn, and Ted Alper -- Research-supported differential diagnosis of specific learning disabilities / Virginia W. Berninger and Louise O'Donnell -- Assessment of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder with the WISC-IV / Vicki L. Schwean and Donald H. Saklofske -- Assessment of children who are gifted with the WISC-IV / Sara S. Sparrow, Steven I. Pfeiffer, and Tina M. Newman -- Assessment of mental retardation / Jean Spruill, Tom Oakland, and Patti Harrison -- Language disabilities / Elisabeth H. Wiig -- Hard-of-hearing and deaf clients : using the WISC-IV with children who are hard-of-hearing or deaf / Jeffrey P. Braden -- Cultural considerations in the use of the Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children--fourth edition (WISC-IV) / Josette G. Harris and Antolin M. Llorente -- The WISC-IV and neuropsychological assessment / Keith Owen Yeates and Jacobus Donders -- Assessment of test behaviors with the WISC-IV / Thomas Oakland, Joseph Glutting, and Marley W. Watkins.
- Wisdom leadership in academic health science centers leading positive change Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialThis book is from the Culture, Context and Quality in Health Sciences Research, Education, Leadership and Patient Care Series directly confronts the challenging times in which the business of healthcare finds itself. With a specific focus on the concept of wisdom, it considers the critical role of leadership in fostering and developing culture in healthcare. Each of the chapters reflect a key component of wisdom and ways to nurture wisdom in both individuals and organizations. It features personal accounts, interviews and case studies demonstrating the benefits of working together as one. Fully referenced and passionately written, this book offers practical solutions for health care educators and leaders at all levels.
- Wnt signaling 2008, Springer Protocolsv. 1. Pathway methods and mammalian models -- v. 2. Pathway models.
- Wolbachia a bug's life in another bug 2007, KargerThe discovery of Wolbachia in arthropods and nematodes--a historical perspective / Kozek, W.J., Rao, R.U. -- Wolbachia : evolutionary significance in nematodes / Casiraghi, M., Ferri, E., Bandi, C. -- Wolbachia endosymbionts : an Achilles' heel of filarial nematodes / Hoerauf, A., Pfarr, K. -- It takes two : lessons from the first nematode Wolbachia genome sequence / Pfarr, K., Foster, J., Slatko, B. -- Coexist, cooperate and thrive : Wolbachia as long-term symbionts of filarial nematodes / Fenn, K., Blaxter, M. -- Insights into Wolbachia biology provided through genomic analysis / Yamada, R. ... [et al.] -- Wolbachia symbiosis in arthropods / Clark, M.E. -- Wolbachia and its importance in veterinary filariasis / Kramer, L. ... [et al.] -- Wolbachia and onchocerca volvulus : pathogenesis of river blindness / Daehnel, K. ... [et al.].
- Print MaterialPresents a medical and social history of a devastating hereditary neurological disorder, Huntington's disease, once demonized as 'the witchcraft disease'. She explores the changing meanings of heredity, disability, stigma, and medical knowledge among ordinary people as well as scientists and physicians. This work presents a groundbreaking medical and social history of a devastating hereditary neurological disorder once demonized as 'the witchcraft disease'. When Phebe Hedges, a woman in East Hampton, New York, walked into the sea in 1806, she made visible the historical experience of a family affected by the dreaded disorder of movement, mind, and mood her neighbours called St. Vitus' dance. Doctors later spoke of Huntington's chorea, and today it is known as Huntington's disease. This book is the first history of Huntington's in America. Starting with the life of Phebe Hedges, Alice Wexler uses Huntington's as a lens to explore the changing meanings of heredity, disability, stigma, and medical knowledge among ordinary people as well as scientists and physicians.She addresses these themes through three overlapping stories: the lives of a nineteenth-century family once said to 'belong to the disease'; the emergence of Huntington's chorea as a clinical entity; and, the early-twentieth-century transformation of this disorder into a cautionary eugenics tale. In our own era of expanding genetic technologies, this history offers insights into the social contexts of medical and scientific knowledge, as well as the legacy of eugenics in shaping both the knowledge and the lived experience of this disease.--Publisher's summary.
- Womb with a view America's growing public interest in pregnancy Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Women & heart disease. 2nd ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Print MaterialIn their efforts to utilize their medical skills and training in the service of their country, women physicians fought not one but two male-dominated professional hierarchies: the medical and the military establishments. In the process, they also contended with powerful social pressures and constraints. Throughout Women Doctors in War, authors Judith Bellafaire and Mercedes Graf focus on the medical careers, aspirations, and struggles of individual women, using personal stories to illustrate the unique professional and personal challenges female military physicians have faced. Military and medical historians and scholars in women's studies will discover a wealth of new information in this book.
- Women in biotechnology creating interfaces 2008, Springer
- Women of color health data book. 3rd ed- Latest ed. only
- Women over 50 psychological perspectives 2007, SpringerBody image issues of women over 50 / Joan C. Chrisler -- Women and sex at midlife : desire, dysfunction, and diversity / Maureen C. McHugh -- Living longer, healthier lives / Susan D. Lonborg and Cheryl B. Travis -- On the move : exercise, leisure activities, and midlife women / Ruth L. Hall -- The well-being and quality of life of women over 50 : a gendered-age perspective / Varda Muhlbauer -- Enjoying the returns : women's friendships after 50 / Suzanna M. Rose -- Contemporary midlife grandparenthood / Liat Kulik -- Women over 50 : caregiving issues / Rosalie J. Ackerman and Martha E. Banks -- Work and retirement : challenges and opportunities for women over 50 / Judith A. Sugar -- Empowerment : a prime time for women over 50 / Florence L. Denmark and Maria D. Klara.
- Print MaterialDebating the character of the woman physician -- Prescribing for society: women physicians' reform rhetoric -- Educating the public: women physicians' popular health advice -- Teaching women to talk about sex -- Developing collective ethos in medical editorial writing -- Revising the physician's ethos: women physicians' medical research.
- Print Material"This volume examines the wide-ranging careers and diverse lives of American women physicians, shedding light on their struggles for equality, professional accomplishment, and personal happiness over the past 150 years."--Jacket.
- Women's health and mortality chartbook 2004, Natl Cent Health StatIncludes: death rates; health risk factors; preventive care utilization; and, health insurance coverage.
- Contraception / Lynda M. Bascelli -- Premenstrual syndrome and premenstrual dysphoric disorder / Harris B. Cohen -- Menopause / Janice E. Nevin and Deborah Ehrenthal -- Osteoporosis / Colleen Veloski -- Women and coronary heart disease / Susan Mather -- Sexual problems / Lenore Tiefer -- Irritable bowel syndrome / Deborah M. Bethards and Ann Ouyang -- Urinary incontinence / Harriette M. Scarpero and Tamara G. Bavendam -- Diabetes in women / Ronald A. Codario -- Polycystic ovarian syndrome / Katherine Sherif -- Cervical cancer detection and prevention / Amy L. Clouse -- Breast disorders / Lori Jardines -- Thyroid disorders / M. Hamed Farooqi and Serge A. Jabbour -- Women's oral health issues / Barbara J. Steinberg ... [et al.] -- Eating disorders / Amy L. Clouse -- Psychiatric disorders in women / Brenda J. Butler -- Intimate partner violence / Connie Mitchell and Deirdre Anglin.
- Women's health in interventional radiology 2012, SpringerPt. 1. Pelvic vascular interventions -- pt. 2. Fallopian tube interventions -- pt. 3. Spine interventions -- pt. 4. Lower extremity venous interventions.
- Women's mental health a life-cycle approach Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialProdromal phase of sychosis in adolescent women / Jean Addington and Frauke T.K. Schultze-Lutter -- Substance use, abuse, and dependence in adolescent girls / Sheila B. Blume, Monica L. Zilberman, Hermano Tavares -- The origins of emotion regulation: clinical presentation and neurobiology / Ruth A. Lanius, Robyn L. Bluhm, and Clare Pain -- Sect. IV. Adulthood / Sarah E. Romans. Gender differences in depression and anxiety disorders / Gail Erlick Robinson -- Substance use and abuse in women / Monica L. Zilberman and Sheila B. Blume -- Psychotic disorders in women / Jayashri Kulkarni -- Sexuality and sexual disorders in women / Rosemary Basson -- Post-traumatic stress disorder / Debra Kaminer and Soraya Seedat -- Living with intellectual disability / Elspeth A. Bradley, Yona Lunsky, and Marika Konossy -- Sect. I. Introduction. A relational-cultural theory of human development: the power of connection / Judith V. Jordan. Commentary / Malkah Notman and Carol Nadelson, Mary Kay O'Neil -- Women, culture, and development / Lisa Francesca Andermann. Commentary / Charmaine C. Williams -- Women and stress / Elaine Walker ... [et al.]. Commentary / Soraya Seedat and Debra Kaminer -- Sect. II. Childhood / Mani N. Pavuluri. Depression and anxiety in girls / Katharina Manassis -- Gender identity disorder in girls / Susan J. Bradley and Kenneth J. Zucker -- Developmental pathways of ADHD / Florence Levy -- Conduct disorders in girls / Ellen L. Lipman and David R. Offord -- Sect. III. Adolescence / Leah K. Andrews and M. Louise Webster. Eating disorders and body image in adolescence / Cynthia M. Bulik and Lauren Reba -- Sect. V. Reproduction / Berit Schei and Marsha M. Cohen. Menstrual cycles and mental health / Judith H. Gold -- Pregnancy and mental health / Anne Buist -- Postpartum and its mental health problems / Sophie Grigoriadis -- Menopause and mental health / Donna E. Stewart and Mona J. Khalid -- Mothering and depression / Sydney L. Hans -- Sect. VI. Aging / Helen F.K. Chiu. The psychosocial challenge for older women / Anne Hassett -- Aging and cognition in women / Chris Perkins -- Vicissitudes and disappointments: loss and illness in late live / Pamela Melding -- Sect. VII. Health services for women / Joan Busfield. Mental health services for women / Anne E. Rhodes -- Women's mental health: from hysteria to human rights / Jill A. Astbury -- Mental health services for women in Third World countries and immigrant women / Nalini Pandalangat.
- Women's sexual function and dysfunction study, diagnosis, and treatment Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Women, ageing and health a framework for action : focus on gender. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Won for all how the Drosophila genome was sequenced Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialOpening gambits -- The middle game -- Puffing and panting : the jamboree -- The end game -- Epilogue -- Afterword.
- Wondrous story of anesthesia 2014, SpringerPart I. The Woven Story of Anesthesia: Eras, Exemplars, and Looking Forward -- 1. History to 1798 -- 2. The Half Century Before Ether Day -- 3. 1844-1846: The Discovery and Demonstration of Anesthesia -- 4. 1846-1860: Following the Discovery of Anesthesia -- 5. 1860-1910: The Specialty of Anesthesia Develops Slowly -- 6. 1910-1950: Anesthesia Before, During, and After Two World Wars -- 7. History Reflected in the Evolving Approaches to Anesthesia for a Patient Undergoing Cholecystectomy -- 8. Major Anesthetic Themes in the 1950s -- 9. Major Anesthetic Themes in the 1960s -- 10. Major Anesthetic Themes in the 1970s -- 11. Major Anesthetic Themes in the 1980s -- 12. Significant Developments in the 1990s -- 13. Major Anesthesia-Related Events in the 2000s and Beyond -- 14. Predicting the Future -- Part II. Individual Stories -- 15. Surgery Before and After the Discovery of Anesthesia -- 16. A History of Women in American Anesthesiology -- 17. Anesthesia, Anesthesiologists, and Modern Medical Ethics -- 18. A History of Drug Addiction in Anesthesia -- 19. The American Society of Anesthesiologists Contributions to the Development of Anesthesiology -- 20. The Role of the International Anesthesia Research Society in the History of Anesthesia -- 21. Establishment of Anesthesia Certification and the ABA -- 22. The Evolution of Nurse Anesthesia in the United States -- 23. A History of Veterinary Anesthesia -- 24. The History of Anaesthesia in Australia and New Zealand -- 25. History of Canadian Anesthesia -- 26. The History of Anesthesia in Mexico, the Caribbean Islands and Central America -- 27. A History of Anesthesia in China -- 28. Aspects of the Development of Anesthesia in France -- 29. The Development of Anaesthesiology in German-Speaking Countries -- 30. The Evolution of Anaesthesia in the British Isles -- 31. The History of Anesthesia in Japan -- 32. A History of Nordic Anesthesia -- 33. A History of Anesthesia in South America -- 34. A History of Anaesthesia Journals -- 35. A History of the American Board of Anesthesiology Certifying Examinations -- 36. Development of the Certification Examination by the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists (1933-2012) -- 37. The Development of Education in Anesthesia in the United States -- 38. Evolution of Education in Anesthesia in Europe -- 39. A History of Research in Anesthesia -- 40. Pharmacokinetic and Pharmacodynamic Modeling in Anesthesia -- 41. A Brief History of the Patient Safety Movement in Anaesthesia -- 42. Where and How Does the Anesthetic Process Help or Hurt Patients Independent of Producing Anesthesia? -- 43. The History of Outcomes Research in Anesthesia -- 44. A History of Pharmacogenomics Related to Anesthesiology -- 45. The Unfolding Story of How General Anesthetics Act -- 46. A History of Inhaled Anesthetics -- 47. A History of Intravenous Anesthesia -- 48. The History of Opioid Use in Anesthetic Delivery -- 49. The Evolution of Premedication -- 50. A History of Neuromuscular Block and Its Antagonism -- 51. The Development of Local Anesthetics -- 52. Anesthesia Machines and Breathing Systems: An Evolutionary Success Story -- 53. The Development of the Copper Kettle with Comments on Vaporizers that Preceded and Followed -- 54. The Development of Techniques for Airway Management -- 55. History of Respiratory Gas Monitoring in Anesthesia -- 56. The Story of Artificial Ventilation -- 57. From Copenhagen to Critical Care -- 58. A History of Intensive Care Medicine -- 59. The Development of Ambulatory and Office-Based Anesthesia -- 60. The Anesthesiologist and Pain a Historical Memoir -- 61. A History of Cardiac Anesthesiology -- 62. A History of Pain Relief During Childbirth -- 63. A History of Regional Anesthesia -- 64. A History of Neuroanesthesia -- 65. Pediatric Anesthesia -- 66. Some Examples of Industry Contributions to the History of Anesthesia -- 67. The History of the Anesthetist as a Perioperative Physician.
- Wong's Clinical manual of pediatric nursing David Wilson, Marilyn J. Hockenberry, and Donna L. Wong.. 7th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Wong's Essentials of pediatric nursing. 7th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Work and cancer survivors 2009, SpringerEpidemiology / David Neary -- Economic burden / Richard J. Butler, William G. Johnson, and Timothy Gubler -- Employers' and survivors' perspectives / Ziv Amir, David R. Strauser, and Fong Chan -- Work disability : it is not just the "lesion" / Patrick Loisel -- The meaning of work / Guy Maytal and John Peteet -- Fatigue, pain, and physical function / Mary E. Sesto and Maureen J. Simmonds -- Cognitive limitations / Tracy Veramonti and Christina Meyers -- Young survivors of childhood cancer / Angela de Boer, Jos Verbeek, and Frank van Dijk -- Primary and occupational health care providers / Jos Verbeek, Angela de Boer, and Taina Taskila -- Rehabilitation / Michael J.L. Sullivan ... [et al.] -- Workplace accomodations / Fong Chan ... [et al.] -- Individuals with cancer in the workforce and their federal rights / Peter Blanck ... [et al.] -- International efforts : perspectives, policies, and programs / Patricia Findley and Catherine P. Wilson -- Future research, practice, and policy -- Michael Feuerstein.
- Workbook in practical neonatology. 4th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material-- Patent ductus arteriosus / Nick Evans -- Hypotension in the newborn infant / Martin Kluckow -- The recognition and management of congenital heart disease in the neonate / Gil Wernovsky and S. David Rubenstein -- Persistent pulmonary hypertension of the newborn / William A. Engle -- Renal failure in the newborn infant / Sharon P. Andreoli -- Neonatal seizures / Mark S. Scher -- Intraventricular hemorrhage / Jeffrey M. Perlman -- Birth defects and genetic disorders / David D. Weaver -- Surgical emergencies in the newborn / Robert A. Cowles and Steven Stylianos -- Necrotizing enterocolitis / Ricardo A. Caicedo, Michael D. Weiss, and Josef Neu -- Early discharge of the premature infant / Eric C. Eichenwald. Principles of neonatal resuscitation / Tina A. Leone and Neil N. Finer -- Fluid and electrolyte management in the newborn intensive care unit / John M. Lorenz -- Disorders of calcium, phosphorus, and magnesium in the newborn period / Frank R. Greer -- Glucose metabolism in the newborn infant / Rebecca A. Simmons -- Neonatal hyperbilirubinemia / M. Jeffrey Maisels -- Parenteral nutrition / Gilberto R. Pereira -- Enteral nutrition in the high-risk neonate / Brenda B. Poindexter -- Anemia in the newborn infant / Robin Ohls -- Respiratory distress syndrome / Colin Morley -- Principles of mechanical ventilation / Steven M. Donn -- Bronchopulmonary dysplasia / Jeffrey Gerdes -- Breathing disorders / Robert Darnall -- Neonatal sepsis / William E. Benitz --
- Worker drug use and workplace policies and programs results from the 1994 and 1997 National Household Survey on Drug Abuse Google Books
- Working effectively with faculty guidebook for higher education staff and managers Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Working for health an introduction to the World Health Organization. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Working memory and education 2006, ScienceDirectPsychologists have been trying to understand the factors that underpin children's success and failure in different education domains for many years. One psychological function that has been found to play an important role in educational achievement is working memory, the processes involved in the temporary maintenance and manipulation of information. This book provides the reader with an up-to-date review of the research that has identified how working memory relates to academic attainment in reading, reading comprehension, and arithmetic. It also looks at how children with difficulties relating to hearing impairment and attention deficits differ in terms of their working memory. Other chapters focus on how working memory is called upon in classroom settings, how working memory can be accessed, and approaches to remediation. The opening chapter of the book provides an account of working memory from the architect of the model that has dominated psychological theory for over two decades. This book is a valuable resource for psychogists, educators, and anyone seeking to understand more about the cognitive basis of education achievement in children.
- Working to overcome the global impact of neglected tropical diseases first WHO report on neglected tropical diseases. 2010, WHO"Neglected tropical diseases (NTDs) blight the lives of a billion people worldwide and threaten the health of millions more. These ancient companions of poverty weaken impoverished populations, frustrate the achievement of health in the Millennium Development Goals and impede global development outcomes. A more reliable evaluation of their significance to public health and economies has convinced governments, donors, the pharmaceutical industry and other agencies, including nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), to invest in preventing and controlling this diverse group of diseases. Global efforts to control "hidden" diseases, such as dracunculiasis (guinea-worm disease), leprosy, schistosomiasis, lymphatic filariasis and yaws, have yielded progressive health gains including the imminent eradication of dracunculiasis. Since 1989 (when most endemic countries began reporting monthly from each endemic village), the number of new dracunculiasis cases has fallen from 892 055 in 12 endemic countries to 3190 in 4 countries in 2009, a decrease of more than 99%. The World Health Organization (WHO) recommends five public-health strategies for the prevention and control of NTDs: preventive chemotherapy; intensified case-management; vector control; the provision of safe water, sanitation and hygiene; and veterinary public health (that is, applying veterinary sciences to ensure the health and well-being of humans). Although one approach may predominate for control of a specific disease or group of diseases, evidence suggests that more effective control results when all five approaches are combined and delivered locally." - p. vii
- Workload in general practice Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Workplace drug testing 2008, CRCnetBASEIntroduction : drugs in the work place / Yale H. Caplan ; Marilyn A. Huestis -- Overview of the mandatory guidelines for federal workplace drug testing programs / Donna M. Bush -- The U.S. Department of Transportation's workplace testing program / Kenneth C. Edgell -- Drug testing in the nuclear power industry : the NRC fitness-for-duty rules / Theodore F. Shults -- Workplace drug testing outside the U.S. / Anya Pierce -- Analytical considerations and approaches for drugs / Daniel S. Isenschmid ; Bruce A. Goldberger -- Analytical approaches for drugs in biological matrixes other than urine / Pascal Kintz ; Marion Villain ; Vincent Cirimele -- Interpreting alternative matrix text results / Edward J. Cone ; Angele Sampson-Cone ; Marilyn A. Huestis -- Specimen validity testing / Yale H. Caplan -- The role of the medical review officer in workplace drug testing / John M. Mitchell ; Francis M. Esposito -- Legal issues in workplace drug testing / Theodore F. Shults.
- World malaria report 2008 Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- World malaria report 2009 2009, WHO1. Introduction -- 2. Policies, strategies and targets for malaria control -- 3. Interventions to control malaria -- 4. Impact of malaria control -- 5. Elimination of malaria -- 6. Financing malaria control -- PROFILES -- 31 high-burden countries -- -- Annex 1. Methods for preparing the country profiles -- Annex 2. Reported malaria cases and deaths, 2008 -- Annex 3. A. Reported malaria cases, 1990--2008 -- Annex 3. B. Reported malaria deaths, 1990--2008 -- Annex 4. A. Recommended policies and strategies for malaria control, 2009 -- Annex 4. B. Antimalarial drug policy, 2009 -- Annex 5. Operational coverage of ITNs, IRS and antimalarial treatment, 2007--2008 -- Annex 6. A. Household surveys of mosquito nets ownership and usage, 2006--2008 -- Annex 6. B. Household surveys of antimalarial treatment, 2006--2008 -- Annex 7. Funding for malaria control, 2008
- World malaria report 2013 2013, WHO1. Introduction -- 2. Policies, strategies, goals and targets for malaria control and elimination -- 3. Financing malaria control -- 4. Vector control for malaria -- 5. Preventive therapies for malaria -- 6. Diagnostic testing and treatment of malaria -- 7. Malaria surveillance -- 8. Changes in malaria incidence and mortality -- Regional profiles -- Country profiles -- Annexes.
- World of rhabdoviruses 2005, SpringerGenetic comparison of the rhabdoviruses from animals and plants / Z.F. Fu -- Australian bat lyssavirus: a recently discovered new rhabdovirus / D. Warrilow -- Pathogenesis of rabies / B. Dietzschold, M. Schnell, and H. Koprowski -- Bovine ephemeral fever in Australia and the world / P.J. Walker -- Fish rhabdoviruses: molecular epidemiology and evolution / B. Hoffmann...[et al.] -- Reverse genetics on fish rhabdovirus: tools to study the pathogenesis of fish rhabdoviruses / M. Brémont -- Plant rhabdoviruses / M.G. Redibaugh and S.A. Hogenhout -- Recombinant rhabdoviruses: vectors for vaccine development and gene therapy/ S. Finke and K.-K. Conzelmann.
- World of Stanford radiology, 1901-2005. 100-year celebration symposium ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- World of Stanford radiology, 1901-2006 a history of the Department of Radiology and the Department of Radiation Oncology Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- World population profile 1998 Fulltext
- World report on child injury prevention 2008, WHO"Child injuries have been neglected for many years, and are largely absent from child survival initiatives presently on the global agenda. Through this World report on child injury prevention, the World Health Organization, the United Nations Children's Fund and many partners have set out to elevate child injury to a priority for the global public health and development communities. The knowledge and experience of nearly two hundred experts from all continents and various sectors were invaluable in grounding the report in the realities faced in many countries. This World report on child injury prevention should be seen as a complement to the UN Secretary-General's study on violence against children released in late 2006. That report addressed violence-related or intentional injuries. Both reports suggest that child injury and violence prevention programmes need to be integrated into child survival and other broad strategies focused on improving the lives of children. Evidence demonstrates the dramatic successes in child injury prevention in countries which have made a concerted effort. These results make a case for increasing investments in human resources and institutional capacities. This would permit the development, implementation and evaluation of programmes to stem the tide of child injury and enhance the health and well-being of children and their families the world over. Implementing proven interventions could save more than a thousand children's lives a day." - p. vii
- World report on disability 2011, WHOUnderstanding disability -- Disability: a global picture -- General health care -- Rehabilitation -- Assistance and support -- Enabling environments -- Education -- Work and employment -- The way forward: recommendations.
- Worldwide efforts to improve heart health a follow-up to the Catalonia Declaration -- selected program descriptions Fulltext
- WormBook the online review of C. elegans biology NCBI Bookshelf"WormBook is a comprehensive online review of C. elegans biology, containing over 100 original, peer-reviewed chapters on a wide range of topics related to the biology of C. elegans and related nematodes; as well as WormMethods, a collection of laboratory methods and protocols useful for nematode researchers."
- Worst of evils the fight against pain Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialA gift of the gods -- The grape and the poppy -- Roots, barks, fruit, and leaves -- Pain denied -- Pain ignored -- The heresies -- Healing and holiness -- Islam -- The age of the cathedrals -- Pain exalted -- Rebirth, rediscovery, and reform -- Going to war -- Foundations -- Heavenly dreams -- Animal magnetism -- Pneumatic medicine -- Laughing gas -- The terror of the knife -- Hospital disease -- To the threshold -- A gentleman from the South -- "This Yankee dodge" -- In Gower Street -- And beyond -- Chloroform -- The shape of dreams -- Mr. Anaesthetist -- Conflicting views -- The rights of pain -- Who needs an anaesthetic? -- The new physiology -- The new pathology -- The acute abdomen -- Old drugs, new drugs -- The bark of the willow -- Cocaine -- High Victorian pain -- The power of pain control -- Seminal years -- The gift of St. Barbara -- Tic douloureux -- Twilight sleep -- Dolorism -- Renoir -- Pills and poisons -- The surgery of pain -- The schism -- Pain mechanisms -- Pain clinics -- Hospice.
- Wound care. 5th ed. 2005, OvidPt. 1. Wound care and prevention. Fundamentals of skin and wound care -- Assessment parameters for skin and wound care -- Mapping laboratory values in wound healing -- Lower-extremity and pressure ulcers -- Preparing and managing the skin and the wound bed -- The art of documentation and outcomes -- Pt. 2. Wound care products. Dressings -- Alginates -- Antimicrobials -- Collagens -- Composites -- Contact layers -- Foams -- Hydrocolloids -- Hydrogels -- Specialty absorptives -- Surgical supplies, miscellaneous -- Transparent films -- Wound fillers -- Other products -- Drugs -- Products -- Pt. 3. Additional dressings and products. Abdominal dressing holders/binders -- Compression bandage systems -- Conforming bandages -- Elastic bandage rolls -- Gauze, impregnated with other than water, normal saline or hydrogel, without adhesive border -- Gauze, impregnated with water or normal saline, without adhesive border -- Gauze, nonimpregnated, with adhesive border -- Gauze, nonimpregnated, without adhesive border -- Tapes -- Wound cleansers -- Wound pouches -- Appendices -- A. Body mass index -- B. Braden scale -- C. Wagner ulcer grade classification -- D. Treatment algorithm for pressure ulcers -- E. Treatment algorithm for arterial ulcers -- F. Treatment algorithm for venous ulcers -- G. Treatment algorithm for diabetic ulcers -- H. Treatment algorithm for diabetic ulcer wound care -- I. Laboratory tests to rule out atypical causes of leg ulcers -- J. Ankle-brachen index use in patients with diabetes -- Manufacturer resource guide.
- Wounds and lacerations emergency care and closure. 3rd ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Wounds and lacerations emergency care and closure. 4th ed. 2012, ScienceDirectFulltext ClinicalKeyEmergency wound care : an overview / Alexander T. Trott -- Patient evaluation and wound assessment / Alexander T. Trott -- Anatomy of wound repair / Alexander T. Trott -- Wound healing and cosmetic outcome / Alexander T. Trott -- Wound care and the pediatric patient / Carolyn K. Holland, Gregg A. Digiulio, and Javier A. Gonzalez del Rey -- Infiltration and nerve block anesthesia / Alexander T. Trott -- Wound cleansing and irrigation / Alexander T. Trott -- Instruments, suture materials, and closure choices / Alexander T. Trott -- Decisions before closure : timing, debridement, and consultation / Alexander T. Trott -- Basic laceration repair : principles and techniques / Alexander T. Trott -- Complex and ageing skin wounds : advanced repair techniques / Alexander T. Trott -- Special anatomic sites / Alexander T. Trott -- The hand / Alexander T. Trott -- Tissue adhesives and alternative wound closure / Alexander T. Trott -- Bite wounds / Alexander T. Trott -- Common wound care problems / Alexander T. Trott -- Minor thermal burns / Alexander T. Trott -- Cutaneous and superficial abscesses / Alexander T. Trott -- Complicated, chronic, and ageing skin wounds / Alexander T. Trott -- Wound dressing and bandaging techniques / Alexander T. Trott -- Tetanus immunity and antibiotic wound prophylaxis / Alexander T. Trott -- Suture removal and wound aftercare / Alexander T. Trott.
- Wrist and elbow arthroscopy a practical surgical guide to techniques. Second edition. [2nd ed.] 2015, SpringerThis fully revised and updated follow-up to Dr. William B. Geissler?s Wrist Arthroscopy has expanded its scope to include arthroscopy techniques of the elbow in addition to the wrist. This practical guide covers fundamental topics, such as arthroscopic anatomy, set-up and the proper evaluation of wrist and elbow pain, along with advanced discussions of electrothermal shrinkage, arthroscopy of the thumb and small joints of the hand, and specific diagnoses for an array of common injuries. Current minimally invasive procedures are described in detail, including management of carpal instability, arthroscopic proximal row carpectomy, arthroscopic knotless TFCC repair, arthroscopic SLIC screw for scapholunate instability, arthroscopic fixation of intra-articular fractures of the hand, arthroscopic partial wrist fusions, and innovative techniques in dry arthroscopy. Arthroscopic management of the elbow includes treatment for arthritis, contractures and instability. Selected chapters contain companion video as well, demonstrating surgical set-up and arthroscopic techniques. Written by a truly international cast and edited by an expert in arthroscopic hand and upper extremity surgery, Wrist and Elbow Arthroscopy is a practical guide to technique for orthopedic surgeons, hand surgeons, and sports medicine practitioners alike.
- Wrist arthroscopy 2005, Springer
- Wrist diagnosis and operative treatment. 2nd ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Write it down guidance for preparing effective and compliant documentation. 2nd ed. 2005, CRCnetBASE
- This book is organized as a practical guide to writing a biomedical research article. Hence, as you will see from the table of contents, chapters are arranged according to the sequence of tasks that we normally encounter in our writing. The book deals only with writing and submission of manuscripts; there are no directions concerning, for example, the preparation of figures or audiovisual presentations. Furthermore, every chapter is concise; we do not beat topics to death. Exemplars of highly prevalent expressions are given throughout, however the number of examples in the book is not excessive.
- Writing clinical research protocols ethical considerations 2006, ScienceDirectIntroduction to the art and science of clinical research -- What you need to know about clinical research ethics -- What you need to know about the regulation of clinical research -- Designing a clinical research study -- Selecting subjects for clinical studies -- Risks and benefits in clinical research -- Recruiting subjects -- Informed consent -- Privacy and confidentiality -- The "ethics" section -- Procedures and methods -- Statistics, data collection and management, and record keeping -- Use of human biological materials -- Special issues raised by evolving areas of clinical research -- Case histories : learning from experience.
- Writing medicine representations of gender in gynecological therapy, 1890-1900 Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Print MaterialThis text guides authors in how to write, as well as what to write, to improve their chances of having their articles accepted for publication in international, peer reviewed journals.
- Writing the NIH grant proposal a step-by-step guide Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Writings on medicine. 1st ed. SU Catalog (SearchWorks)Print MaterialThe Idea of nature in medical theory and practice -- Diseases -- Health : popular concept and philosophical question -- Is a pedagogy of healing possible? -- The Problem of regulation in the organism and in society.
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Access restricted to Stanford community
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
Can't find it?
Look if we have it in print
- Springer Protocols
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Large number of high quality software and database programming titles from O'Reilly. Other software titles are also available from Sams and Prentice Hall. Limited to 7 concurrent users.Vast collection of software and database programming titles from multiple publishers, including Microsoft Press.Largest provider of engineering-related eBooks; includes titles in computer science and biomedical engineering.Over 4,000 full-text e-books covering scientific and technical information from CRC Press and others. Many handbooks and single volume reference sources.A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more. Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.Includes peer-reviewed life science and biomedical research protocols compiled from Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods in Molecular Medicine, Methods in Biotechnology, Methods in Pharmacology and Toxicology, Neuromethods, the Biomethods Handbook, the Proteomics Handbook, and Springer Laboratory Manuals.Contains full text access to selected biomedical and nursing books.Provides one-click access to important clinical resources; includes evidence-based diagnosis and treatment guidelines, Books, EBM articles, Ovid MEDLINE, Drug facts and comparisons, Drug interaction facts, guidelines from National Guideline Clearinghouse, patient handouts (English and Spanish), and local content.ClinicalKey provides access to textbooks, electronic journals, practice guidelines, drug information, and patient education handouts.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.Provides online, full-text access to Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers. Subjects include: life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics and astronomy, engineering and economics. Also includes eBooks.Collection of over 8 thousand fulltext titles in engineering, math, and basic and applied biomedical research. Coverage is from 1967 to the present.A library of ebooks on a wide array of topics, digitized and made available online in conjunction with the original publishers.