- Vaccination : a tool for the control of avian influenza : Verona, Italy, 20-22 March, 2007 : proceedings of a joint OIE/FAO/IZSVe conference co-organised with the European Commission — Vertebrate genomes (100)
- Vertebrate hair cells — Visualization and processing of tensor fields (100)
- Visualization in medicine and life sciences — VU/TEXT (54)
- Vaccination : a tool for the control of avian influenza : Verona, Italy, 20-22 March, 2007 : proceedings of a joint OIE/FAO/IZSVe conference co-organised with the European Commission2007volume editors, Betty Dodet, in collaboration with the Scientific and Technical Department of the OIE, Paris, France ; technical editor, Elisabeth Heseltine.
- 2007Arthur Allen.In this account of vaccination's miraculous, inflammatory past and its uncertain future, journalist Arthur Allen reveals a history both illuminated with hope and shrouded by controversy--from Edward Jenner's discovery of smallpox vaccine in 1796 to Pasteur's vaccines for rabies and cholera, to those that safeguarded the children of the twentieth century, and finally to the tumult currently surrounding vaccination. Faced with threats from anthrax to AIDS, we are a vulnerable population and can no longer depend on vaccines; numerous studies have linked childhood vaccination with various neurological disorders, and our pharmaceutical companies are more attracted to the profits of treatment than to the prevention of disease.--From publisher description.
- 2006 Springeredited by Charles J. Hackett, Donald A. Harn, Jr.Microbial pathogenesis and the discovery of toll-like receptor function / Bruce Beutler -- Dendritic cells: targets for immune modulation by microbes and immunologists / Bali Pulendran ... [et al.] -- Achieving transcriptional specificity in NF-[gamma]B-dependent inflammatory gene expression / Gioacchino Natoli -- Adjuvants and the initiation of t-cell responses / Matthew F. Mescher, Julie M. Curtsinger, and Marc Jenkins -- Mechanism for recognition of CpG DNA / Kiyoshi Takeda, Hiroaki Hemmi, and Shizuo Akira -- CpG ODN as a Th1 immune enhancer for prophylactic and therapeutic vaccines / Arthur M. Kried and Heather L. Davis -- Modified bacterial toxins / Ed C. Lavelle, Olive Leavy, and Kingston H.G. Mills -- Glycosylphosphatidylinositol anchors as natural immunological adjuvants derived from protozoan parasites / Ricardo T. Gazzinelli ... [et al.] -- The immunomodulatory glycan LNFPIII/Lewis X functions as a potent adjuvant for protein antigens / Mitsuhiro Okano ... [et al.] -- Immune and antiviral effects of the synthetic immunomodulator murabutide: molecular basis and clinical potential / George M. Bahr -- Effect of QS-21 on innate and adaptive immune responses / Charlotte Read Kensil ... [et al.] -- Monophosphoryl lipid A and synthetic lipid a mimetics as TLR4-based adjuvants and immunomodulators / Jory Baldridge ... [et al.] -- Microparticles and DNA vaccines / Kimberly Denis-Mize ... [et al.].
- 2007edited by Manmohan Singh.Development of vaccine adjuvants : a historical perspective / Gary Ott and Gary Van Nest -- Antigen processing and presentation / Subash Sad -- Mechanisms of adjuvant action / Nils Lycke -- Aluminum-containing adjuvants : properties, formulation, and use / Stanley L. Hem and Harm HogenEsch -- MF59 : a safe and potent oil-in-water emulsion adjuvant / Derek T. O'Hagan and Manmohan Singh -- TLR4 agonists as vaccine adjuvants / David A. Johnson and Jory R. Baldridge -- Immunostimulatory CpG oligodeoxynucleotides as vaccine adjuvants / Dennis M. Klinman, Debbie Currie, and Hidekazu Shirota -- Small molecule immunopotentiators as vaccine adjuvants / Fengfeng Xu, Nicholas M. Valiante, and Jeffrey B. Ulmer -- New ISCOMs meet unsettled vaccine demands / Bror Morein ... [et al.] -- Surface-charged poly(lactide-co-glycolide) microparticles as novel antigen delivery systems / Manmohan Singh ... [et al.] -- Liposomal cytokines and liposomes targeted to co-stimulatory molecules as adjuvants for HIV subunit vaccines / Bulent Ozpolat and Lawrence B. Lachman -- Archaeosome vaccine adjuvants for cross-priming CD8+ T-cell immunity / Lakshmi Krishnan and G. Dennis Sprott -- Mucosal adjuvants and delivery systems / Michael Vajdy -- Cytokines as vaccine adjuvants / Nejat K. Egilmez -- Polyphosphazenes as vaccine adjuvants / Alexander K. Andrianov -- Vaccine delivery by transdermal electroporation / Amit Misra -- Nonclinical safety assessment of vaccines and the evaluation of novel adjuvants and delivery systems / Jose A. Lebron ... [et al.] -- Safety evaluation of vaccine adjuvants / Erik B. Lindblad.
- Vaccine cell substrates 2004 : National Institutes of Health (NIH), Doubletree Hotel, Rockville, Md., USA, June 29-July 1, 20042006volume editors, Rebecca Sheets, John Petricciani.
- 2005 NAPCommittee on the Review of the National Immunization Program's Research Procedures and Data Sharing Program, Board on Health Promotion and Disease Prevention.
- 2016 Springer Protocolsedited by Alejandro Brun.Vaccines and vaccination for veterinary viral diseases : a general overview / Alejandro Brun -- Using IC-tagging methodology for production and purification of epitope-loaded protein microspheres for vaccination / Natalia Barreiro- Piñeiro ... [et al.] -- Plant-based vaccine antigen production / Hoang Trong Phan and Udo Conrad -- DNA vaccines : experiences in the swine model / Francesc Accensi, Fernando Rodríguez, and Paula L. Monteagudo -- Novel adjuvants and immunomodulators for veterinary vaccines / Peter M.H. Heegaard, Yongxiang Fang, and Gregers Jungersen -- Polymerase mechanism-based method of viral attenuation / Cheri A. Lee ... [et al.] -- BacMam platform for vaccine antigen delivery / Günther M. Keil ... [et al.] -- Laboratory-scale production of replication-deficient adenovirus vectored vaccines / Susan J. Morris ... [et al.] -- Generation of recombinant modified vaccinia virus ankara encoding VP2, NS1, and VP7 proteins of bluetongue virus / Alejandro Marín- López and Javier Ortego -- Generation of recombinant capripoxvirus vectors for vaccines and gene knockout function studies / Hani Boshra, Jingxin Cao, and Shawn Babiuk -- Recombinant swinepox virus for veterinary vaccine development / Hong-Jie Fan and Hui-Xing Lin -- Generation and selection of Orf virus (ORFV) recombinants / Hanns-Joachim Rziha, Jörg Rohde, and Ralf Amann -- Polycistronic herpesvirus amplicon vectors for veterinary vaccine development / Anita Felicitas Meier, Andrea Sara Laimbacher, and Mathias Ackermann -- Construction and application of newcastle disease virus-based vector vaccines / Paul J. Wichgers Schreur -- Chimeric pestivirus experimental vaccines / Ilona Reimann, Sandra Blome, and Martin Beer -- Analysis of the cellular immune responses to vaccines / Nicholas Svitek ... [et al.].
- 2010 SpringerAndrew W. Artenstein, editor.Vaccinology in context : the historical burden of infectious diseases / Andrew W. Artenstein -- Smallpox / Andrew W. Artenstein -- A brief history of microbiology and immunology / Steven M. Opal -- Anthrax / Peter C.B. Turnbull -- Rabies / Hervé Bourhy, Annick Perrot, and Jean-Marc Cavaillon -- Killed vaccines : cholera, typhoid, and plague / Charles C.J. Carpenter and Richard B. Hornick -- Toxoid vaccines / John D. Grabenstein -- Tuberculosis and BCG / Marina Gheorghiu, Micheline Lagranderie, and Anne-Marie Balazuc -- The discovery of viruses and the evolution of vaccinology / Nicholas C. Artenstein and Andrew W. Artenstein -- Yellow fever / Thomas P. Monath -- Influenza / Andrew W. Artenstein -- Polio / David Oshinsky -- Measles, mumps, and rubella / Kathleen M. Gallagher ... [et al.] -- Diseases of military importance / Alan Cross and Phil Russell -- Varicella and zoster / Anne A. Gershon -- Polysaccharide vaccines / Andrew W. Artenstein -- Hepatitis B / Baruch S. Blumberg -- Japanese encephalitis / Scott B. Halstead -- Hepatitis A / Leonard N. Binn and Stanley M. Lemon -- Rotavirus / Penelope H. Dennehy -- Human papillomaviruses / Ian H. Frazer -- The future of vaccine discovery and development / Adel Mahmoud.
- 2011 SpringerRudolf Valenta, Robert L. Coffman, editors.Immunological approaches for tolerance induction in allergy -- Clinical experience with recombinant molecules for allergy vaccination -- Allergen-specific immunotherapy with recombinant allergens -- Vaccine approaches for food allergy -- Intralymphatic immunotherapy: From the rationale to human applications -- Induction of allergen-specific tolerance via mucosal routes -- T cell epitope-based allergy vaccines -- Allergen-specific immunotherapy: Towards combination vaccines for allergic and infectious diseases -- Passive immunization with allergen-specific antibodies -- Cell-based therapy in allergy -- Current strategies for allergen-specific immunotherapy at its centenary.Also available: Print – 2011
- 2009 ScienceDirectedited by Alan D.T. Barrett, Lawrence R. Stanberry.
- 2009 SpringerRichard W. Compans, Walter A. Orenstein, editors.Part I. Pandemic Influenza Overview -- Pandemic influenza as a current threat -- Antigenic cross-reactivity among H5N1 Viruses -- -- Part II. Current Approaches for Human and Avian Vaccine Production -- Seasonal influenza vaccines -- Generation and characterization of candidate vaccine viruses for pre-pandemic influenza vaccines -- Live attenuated vaccines for pandemic influenza -- Influenza vaccines for avian species -- Development and application of avian influenza vaccines in China -- -- Part III. Novel Vaccine Approaches -- Designing vaccines for pandemic influenza -- Attenuated influenza virus vaccines with modified NS1 proteins -- DNA Vaccines against Influenza viruses -- Recombinant proteins produced in insect cells -- Influenza neuraminidase as a vaccine antigen -- Recombinant vectors as influenza vaccines -- Influenza virus-like particles as pandemic vaccines -- Pandemic influenza vaccines -- Adjuvants for pandemic influenza vaccines -- -- Part IV. Novel Approaches of Vaccine Delivery -- Transcutaneous immunization with influenza vaccines -- Microneedle-based vaccines -- -- Part V. Vaccine Evaluation, Production and Distribution -- Animal models for evaluation of influenza vaccines -- Immunosenescence and influenza vaccine efficacy -- Vaccines for pandemic influenza: summary of recent clinical trials -- Considerations for licensure of influenza vaccines with pandemic and pre-pandemic indications -- Strategies for broad global access to pandemic influenza -- Prioritization of pandemic influenza vaccine: rationale and strategy for decision-making.Also available: Print – 2009
- 2013 ClinicalKeyedited by Stanley A. Plotkin, Walter A. Orenstein, Paul A. Offit.A short history of vaccination -- Vaccine immunology -- The vaccine industry -- Vaccine manufacturing -- Evolution of adjuvants across the centuries -- Vaccine additives and manufacturing residuals in the United States: licensed vaccines -- Passive immunization -- General immunization practices -- Adenovirus vaccines -- Anthrax vaccines -- Cholera vaccines -- Diphtheria toxoid -- Haemophilus influenzae vaccines -- Hepatitis A vaccines -- Hepatitis B vaccines -- Human papillomavirus vaccines -- Inactivated influenza vaccines -- Influenza vaccine-live -- Japanese encephalitis vaccines -- Measles vaccine -- Meningococcal vaccines -- Mumps vaccine -- Pertussis vaccines -- Plague vaccines -- Pneumococcal conjugate vaccine and pneumococcal common protein vaccines -- Pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccines -- Poliovirus vaccine-inactivated -- Poliovirus vaccine-live -- Rabies vaccines -- Rotavirus vaccines -- Rubella vaccine -- Smallpox and vaccinia -- Tetanus toxoid -- Tick-borne encephalitis virus vaccines -- Tuberculosis vaccines -- Typhoid fever vaccines -- Varicella vaccine -- Yellow fever vaccine -- Zoster vaccine -- Combination vaccines -- Biodefense and special pathogen vaccines -- Therapeutic cancer vaccines -- Cytomegalovirus vaccines -- Dengue vaccines -- Diarrhea caused by bacteria -- Ebola vaccine -- Epstein-Barr virus vaccines -- Hepatitis C vaccines -- Hepatitis E vaccines -- Herpes simplex virus vaccines -- Human immunodeficiency virus vaccines -- Lyme disease vaccines -- Malaria vaccines -- Noninfectious disease vaccines -- Respiratory syncytial virus and parainfluenza virus vaccines -- Parasitic disease vaccines -- Staphylococcus aureus vaccines -- Streptococcus group A vaccines -- Technologies for making new vaccines -- Alternative vaccine delivery methods -- The development of gene-based vectors for immunization -- Vaccination of immunocompromised hosts -- Vaccination of human immunodeficiency virus-infected persons -- Vaccines for international travel -- Vaccines for health care personnel -- Immunization in the United States -- Immunization in Europe -- Immunization in the Asia-Pacific region -- Immunization in developing countries -- Community immunity -- Economic analyses of vaccine policies -- Regulation and testing of vaccines -- Regulation of vaccines in Europe -- Regulation of vaccines in developing countries -- Vaccine safety -- Legal issues -- Ethics.
- 2008[edited by] Stanley A. Plotkin, Walter A. Orenstein, Paul A. Offit.A short history of vaccination / Susan L. Plotkin, Stanley A. Plotkin -- Vaccine immunology / Claire-Anne Siegrist -- The vaccine industry / R. Gordon Douglas, Jerald C. Sadoff, Vijay B. Samant -- Vaccine manufacturing / Phillip L. Gomez, James M. Robinson, Joseph A. Rogalewicz -- Immunologic adjuvants / Frederick R. Vogel, Stanley L. Hem -- Vaccine additives and manufacturing residuals in United States-licenced vaccines / Theresa M. Finn, William Egan -- General immunization practices / William L. Atkinson, Andrew L. Kroger, Larry K. Pickering -- Anthrax vaccines / Philip S. Brachman, Arthur M. Friedlander, John D. Grabenstein -- Cholera vaccines / Carol O. Tacket, David A. Sack -- Diphtheria toxoid / Charles R. Vitek, Melinda Wharton -- Haemophilus influenzae vaccines / Aruna Chandran, James P. Watt, Mathuram Santosham -- Hepatitis A vaccines / Anthony E. Fiore, Stephen M. Feinstone, Beth P. Bell -- Hepatitis B vaccines / Eric E. Mast, John W. Ward -- Human papillomavirus vaccines / John T. Schiller, Ian H. Frazer, Douglas R. Lowy -- Inactivated influenza vaccines / Carolyn B. Bridges ... [et al.] -- Influenza vaccine--live / Robert B. Belshe ... [et al.] -- Japanese encephalitis virus vaccines / Scott B. Halstead, Julie Jacobson -- Measles vaccines / Peter M. Strebel ... [et al.] -- Meningococcal vaccines / Dan M. Granoff, Lee H. Harrison, Ray Borrow -- Mumps vaccines / Stanley A. Plotkin, Steven A. Rubin -- Pertussis vaccines / Kathryn M. Edwards, Michael D. Decker -- Plague vaccines / E. Diane Williamson, Andrew J. Simpson, Richard W. Titball -- Pneumococcal conjugate vaccine and pneumococcal common protein vaccines / Steven Black ... [et al.] -- Pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccines / Lisa A. Jackson, Kathleen M. Neuzil -- Poliovirus vaccine-inactivated / Stanley A. Plotkin, Emmanuel Vidor -- Poliovirus vaccine-live / Roland W. Sutter, Olen M. Kew, Stephen L. Cochi -- Rabies vaccines / Stanley A. Plotkin, Hilary Koprowski, Charles E. Rupprecht -- Rotavirus vaccines / H. Fred Clark ... [et al.] -- Rubella vaccine / Stanley A. Plotkin, Susan E. Reef -- Smallpox and vaccinia / Donald A. Henderson, Luciana L. Borio, John D. Grabenstein -- Tetanus toxoid / Steven G.F. Wassilak ... [et al.] -- Tick-borne encephalitis virus vaccines / P. Noel Barrett, Stanley A. Plotkin, Hartmut J. Ehrlich -- Tuberculosis vaccines / Kim Connelly Smith, Ian M. Orme, Jeffrey R. Starke -- Typhoid fever vaccines / Myron M. Levine -- Varicella vaccine / Anne A. Gershon, Michiaki Takahashi, Jane F. Seward -- Yellow fever vaccine / Thomas P. Monath, Martin S. Cetron, Dirk E. Teuwen -- Zoster vaccine / Myron J. Levin -- Combination vaccines / Michael D. Decker, Kathryn M. Edwards, Hugues H. Bogaerts -- Adenovirus vaccines / Charlotte A. Gaydos, Gregory C. Gray -- Biodefense and special pathogen vaccines / Philip Pittman, Stanley A. Plotkin -- Therapeutic cancer vaccines / Neil L. Berinstein, David Spaner -- Cytomegalovirus vaccines / Stanley A. Plotkin -- Dengue vaccines / Scott B. Halstead, David W. Vaughn -- Diarrheal disease vaccines / James P. Nataro, Eileen M. Barry -- Ebola vaccines / Nancy J. Sullivan, Gary J. Nabel -- Epstein-Barr virus vaccines / Joanne E. Davis, Denis J. Moss -- Hepatitis C virus vaccines / Eva Reali, Michael Houghton, Sergio Abrignani -- Hepatitis E virus vaccines / Robert H. Purcell, Suzanne U. Emerson -- Herpes simplex virus vaccines / Lawrence R. Stanberry -- Human immunodeficiency virus vaccines / Marc P. Girard, Wayne C. Koff -- Lyme disease vaccines / Allen C. Steere -- Malaria vaccines / Filip Dubovsky, Elissa Malkin -- Noninfectious disease vaccines / George R. Siber -- Respiratory syncytial virus and parainfluenza virus vaccines / Ruth A. Karron -- Parasitic disease vaccines / Peter J. Hotez, Jeffrey M. Bethony -- Severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) vaccines / Bart L. Haagmans, Albert D.M.E. Osterhaus -- Staphylococcus aureus vaccines / Robert S. Daum -- Streptococcus group A vaccines / Karen L. Kotloff -- Streptococcus group B vaccines / C. Mary Healy, Carol J. Baker -- Technologies for making new vaccines / Ronald W. Ellis -- Alternative vaccine delivery methods / Bruce G. Weniger, Mark J. Papania -- The development of gene-based vectors for immunization / Gary J. Nabel --- Vaccination in the immunocompromised host / Per Ljungman -- Vaccination of human immunodeficiency virus-infected persons / William J. Moss, Neal A. Halsey -- Vaccines for international travel / Elizabeth D. Barnett, Phyllis E. Kozarsky, Robert Steffen -- Vaccines for health care workers / David J. Weber, William A. Rutala -- Immunization in the United States / Walter A. Orenstein ... [et al.] -- Immunization in Europe / David M. Salisbury, John S. Spika -- Immunization in the Asia-Pacific region / Theodore F. Tsai, Zhi Yi Xu -- Immunization in developing countries / Stephen C. Hadler ... [et al.] -- Community immunity / Paul E.M. Fine, Kim Mulholland -- Economic analyses of vaccine policies / Mark A. Miller, Alan R. Hinman -- Regulation and testing of vaccines / Norman W. Baylor, Karen Midthun -- Vaccine safety / Paul A. Offit, Robert L. Davis, Deborah Gust -- Legal issues / Geoffrey Evans, Emily Marcus Levine, Elizabeth H. Saindon -- Ethics / Arthur L. Caplan, Jason L. Schwartz.
- 2012 Springer Protocolsedited by Stuart N. Isaacs.Working safely with vaccinia virus : laboratory technique and review of published cases of accidental laboratory infections / Stuart N. Isaacs -- In-Fusion® cloning with vaccinia virus DNA polymerase / Chad R. Irwin, Andrew Farmer, David O. Willer, and David H. Evans -- Genetic manipulation of poxviruses using bacterial artificial chromosome recombineering / Matthew G. Cottingham -- Easy and efficient protocols for working with recombinant Vaccinia virus MVA / Melanie Kremer, Asisa Volz, Joost H.C.M. Kreijtz, Robert Fux, Michael H. Lehmann, and Gerd Sutter -- Isolation of recombinant MVA using F13L selection / Juana M. Sánchez-Puig, María M. Lorenzo, and Rafael Blasco -- Screening for vaccinia virus egress inhibitors : separation of IMV, IEV, and EEV / Chelsea M. Byrd and Dennis E. Hruby -- Imaging of vaccinia virus entry into HeLa cells / Cheng-Yen Huang and Wen Chang -- New method for the assessment of Molluscum contagiosum virus infectivity / Subuhi Sherwani, Niamh Blythe, Laura Farleigh, and Joachim J. Bugert -- An Intradermal model for vaccinia virus pathogenesis in mice / Leon C.W. Lin, Stewart A. Smith, and David C. Tscharke -- Measurements of vaccinia virus dissemination using whole body imaging : approaches for predicting of lethality in challenge models and testing of vaccines and antiviral treatments / Marina Zaitseva, Senta Kapnick, and Hana Golding -- Mousepox, a small animal model of smallpox / David Esteban, Scott Parker, Jill Schriewer, Hollyce Hartzler,and R. Mark Buller -- Analyzing CD8 T cells in mouse models of poxvirus infection / Inge E.A. Flesch, Yik Chun Wong, and David C. Tscharke -- Generation and characterization of monoclonal antibodies specific for vaccinia virus / Xiangzhi Meng and Yan Xiang -- Bioinformatics for analysis of poxvirus genomes / Melissa Da Silva and Chris Upton -- Antigen presentation assays to investigate uncharacterized immunoregulatory genes / Rachel L. Roper -- Characterization of poxvirus-encoded proteins that regulate innate immune signaling pathways / Florentina Rus, Kayla Morlock, Neal Silverman, Ngoc Pham, Girish J. Kotwal, and William L. Marshall -- Application of quartz crystal microbalance with dissipation monitoring technology for studying interactions of poxviral proteins with their ligands / Amod P. Kulkarni, Lauriston A. Kellaway, and Girish J. Kotwal -- Central nervous system distribution of the poxviral proteins after intranasal administration of proteins and titering of vaccinia virus in the brain after intracranial administration / Amod P. Kulkarni, Dhirendra Govender, Lauriston A. Kellaway, and Girish J. Kotwal
- 2013 SpringerArchana Chatterjee, editor.The History of Vaccine Challenges: Conquering Diseases, Plagued by Controversy / Laura A. Jana -- Vaccine Development and Safety / Avinash K. Shetty -- Known Vaccine-Associated Adverse Events / B. A. Pahud -- Communicating Vaccine Risks and Benefits / Clea Sarnquist -- Vaccine Refusal: Perspectives from Pediatrics / Kody Moffatt, Clancy McNally -- The Anti-vaccine Movement: A Pharmacist's View / Jeffery Goad -- Antivaccinationism: Parental Viewpoint / Anna M. Johnson -- The Vaccine Misinformation Landscape in Family Medicine / Donald B. Middleton -- Vaccines: Boon or Bane--A Nurse's Outlook / Catherine O'Keefe -- The Controversy That Will Not Go Away: Vaccines and Autism / Archana Chatterjee, -- Thimerosal and Other Vaccine Additives / James H. Conway -- Perceived Risks from Live Viral Vaccines / Alice Pong, Mark Sawyer -- Can Vaccines Cause Cancer? / Ann-Christine Nyquist -- Autoimmunity, Allergies, and Asthma: A Relationship to Vaccines? / Harold C. Delasalas -- The Role of Public Health Ethics in Vaccine Decision Making: Insights from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention / Leonard Ortmann -- Alternative Schedules: Why Not? / Michael J. Smith -- Influenza Vaccines and Guillain Barré Syndrome / Nandini Bakshi, James J. Sejvar -- Can Vaccines Cause Chronic Diseases? / Ann-Christine Nyquist -- Kawasaki Disease and Sudden Infant Death Syndrome: Any Connection to Vaccination? / Kari Neemann -- Political and Legal Issues in Vaccination / Linda K. Ohri -- The Media's Role in Vaccine Misinformation / Paola Dees -- Vaccines and the Internet / David M. Berman -- An International Perspective on Vaccine Safety / Rajib Dasgupta -- An Infection Prevention Perspective on Immunizations / Sharon Plummer -- Insights from Public Health: A Framework for Understanding and Fostering Vaccine Acceptance / Glen J. Nowak, Kate LaVail.
- 2006 SpringerPhilippe E. Zimmern ... [et al.] (eds.).
- 2012 ClinicalKey[edited by] Victor W. Nitti, Nirit Rosenblum, Benjamin M. Brucker ; illustrated by Joe Chovan.How to perform a focused pelvic examination on a woman with pelvic floor dysfunction / Eva Fong, Mickey Karram and Victor W. Nitti -- Vaginal incisions and dissection / Victor W. Nitti and Benjamin M. Brucker -- Pelvic organ prolapse : introduction, nonsurgical management, and planning of surgical repair / Grace Y. Biggs, Victor W. Nitti, Mickey Karram -- Repair of anterior vaginal wall prolapse / Victor W. Nitti and Mickey Karram -- Indications and techniques for vaginal hysterectomy for uterine prolapse / Nirit Rosenblum Victor W. Nitti -- Vaginal Repair of enterocele and apical prolapse / Victor W. Nitti and Mickey Karram -- Repair of the posterior vaginal compartment / Nirit Rosenblum and Victor W. Nitti -- Repair of pelvic organ prolapse utilizing synthetic mesh kits / Janelle Evans and Mickey Karram -- Obliterative procedures for the correction of pelvic organ prolapse / Benjamin M. Brucker, Denise Chow and Victor W. Nitti -- Urethral diverticulectomy / Victor W. Nitti -- Benign vaginal wall masses and paraurethral lesions / Sagar R. Shah and Victor W. Nitti -- Female urethral reconstruction / Victor W. Nitti and Nirit Rosenblum -- Treatment of obstruction following stress incontinence surgery / Sagar R. Shah and Victor W. Nitti -- Vaginal repair of urethrovaginal and vesicovaginal fistulae / Nirit Rosenblum and Victor W. Nitti -- Avoiding and managing vaginal surgery complications-a series of case discussions / Mickey Karram.
- 2015 SpringerBasabdatta Sen Bhattacharya, Fahmida N. Chowdhury, editors.1. Introduction -- 2. Discovery and validation of biomarkers based on computational models of normal and pathological hippocampal rhythms -- 3. DCM conductance based models and clinical applications -- 4. Computational models of closed-loop deep brain stimulation -- 5. A multiscale "working brain" model -- 6. How to render neural fields more realistic -- 7. Multilevel computational modelling in epilepsy: classical studies and recent advances -- 8. Computational modeling of neuronal dysfunction at molecular level validates the role of single neurons in circuit functions in cerebellum granular layer -- 9. Modelling cortical and thalamocortical synaptic loss and compensation mechanism in Alzheimer's disease -- 10. Toward networks from spikes -- 11. Epileptogenic networks: applying network analysis techniques to human seizure activity -- Index.
- 2005 CRCnetBASEedited by John Andrews.
- Validation of non-invasive standing arterial stiffness measurements using ballistocardriography and photoplethysmography2012Richard Matthew Wiard.More than 76 million Americans have hypertension, or high blood pressure, which can shorten life by 10 15 years if left untreated. Hypertension increases the risk of developing cardiovascular diseases (CVD) such as stroke, heart attack, congestive heart failure, or kidney failure that are often debilitating and impact quality of life. Prevention is the key to minimize CVD risk and increase longevity, but accurate prognosis of a future disease is difficult. Elevated blood pressure (BP) is generally the first sign of risk, but measuring pressure alone does not provide insight to where in the body problems may exist. Therefore, other screening tests are needed to more specifically isolate the underlying cause, which would improve the selection process of prescribing medications, or diet and exercise changes. And similar to BP measurements, such hypertensive screening tests may need to be performed at home to improve accuracy, since doctor's visits often trigger physiological responses that falsely elevate and lower BP. To address these concerns this work describes the design and validation of a home based noninvasive system (a bathroom scale) to measure aortic pulse wave velocity (PWV), to assess arterial stiffness, which is a clinical risk factor for certain CV diseases. The purpose of this work was four-fold: to develop a home monitoring device with simple user operation; to develop biomechanical theories as to why forces in the aortic arch can be sensed synchronously at the feet; clinically validate the biomechanical theory; and to demonstrate potential clinical utility of standing PWV measurements for trending and prognosis. The PWV scale is comprised of two different sensing technologies, ballistocardiography and photoplethysmography, which are embedded in the scale to measure pulse arrival times in the aortic arch and the foot--simply by standing on the scale. Using this system, PWV can be routinely determined in less than 30-seconds--significantly faster than commercial systems using trained operators. To validate this PWV system, a novel biomechanical theory was developed called Central Aortic Forces (CAF) to explain how the cardiovascular forces inside the body can be synchronously sensed outside the body. The computational models accurately predicted the amplitude of forces in the aortic arch (2-3 Newtons at rest), which were empirically confirmed in a clinical study; the empirical results agreed within 10% of the theory. To demonstrate trending abilities, a longitudinal PWV study was also performed over a four month duration, with results highly correlated to the applanation methods. Finally, an age study was conducted to characterize arterial aging, which matched well (p< 0.01) in slope and intercept major clinical trials published in the literature using applanation PWV (clinical gold standard). Examples are given on how such a system may improve prognosis to detect early vascular aging in young adults, otherwise masked in standard blood pressure measurements.
- Valuation and conservation of biodiversity : interdisciplinary perspectives on the Convention on Biological Diversity2005 SpringerMichael Markussen ... [et al.].
- 2007 SpringerBoris Bogdan, Ralph Villiger ; [with a foreword by Steve Burrill].
- 2008 SpringerBoris Bogdan, Ralph Villiger.
- 2014 ScienceDirect[edited by] Denise L. Faustman.
- Value of escharotics: medicines which will destroy any living or fungus growth in the treatment of cancer, lupus, sarcoma and other forms of malignancy1952, 1954.Perry Nichols & co-workers.
- 2007Marcos Cueto.
- 2016 SpringerJoachim P. Sturmberg, editor.Part I. The foundations of systems and complexity medicine -- 1. Heath and disease as emergent processes -- 2. The technological advances behind systems medicine -- 3. Individualized care -- today and tomorrow -- Part II. The complexity of common diseases -- 4. Multi-organ physiology -- 5. Infectious diseases -- 6. Cancer -- 7. Heart disease, diabetes and obesity -- 8. Neurodegenerative diseases -- 9. Multi-morbidity -- Part III. Ethics and Education -- the Challenges for Systems-based Medicine -- 10. Learning to cope in a complex adaptive environment -- 11. Regulatory and legal challenges -- 12. Ethical implication of systems medicine -- Part IV. Change in an Adaptive Organization -- 13. The dynamics of change -- 14. Flexible interdisciplinary teams -- 15. Health care -- a whole of society perspective.
- 2012 CambridgeChristopher Heginbotham.Provides a skills base and support processes for working with differences in values held by those engaged in commissioning decisions.
- 2012 CambridgeJill E. Thistlethwaite.Values-based practice in health care : setting the scene -- Teamwork and collaborative practice in modern health care -- Communication within teams and between professionals -- A patient complaint : team meetings, policy, and practice values : raising awareness in the team -- A well person health check, health promotion, and disease prevention : different lifestyles, different values -- A patient with medically unexplained symptoms : applying evidence and values -- A request for strong analgesia : honesty and truth -- Asylum seekers and refugees : working across cultures -- A request for a home birth and other pregnancy related consultations -- Community based care and the wider health care team / Dawn Forman -- Ageing and end of life decisions -- Referrals and the interface between primary and secondary care: looking after "our" patients -- Living with visible difference and valuing appearance -- Collaboration with other professionals : in and outside health care -- Learning in and about teams.
- Valuing water, valuing livelihoods : guidance on social cost-benefit analysis of drinking-water interventions, with special reference to small community water supplies2011 WHOedited by John Cameron, Paul Hunter, Paul Jagals and Katherine Pond."This publication addresses the broader issues of social cost-benefit analysis performed on options to invest in drinking-water supplies, with a focus on small community suppliers"--Back cover.Also available: Print – 2011
- 2014 ClinicalKeyeditors, Catherine M. Otto, Robert O. Bonow.Epidemiology of Valvular Heart Disease -- Three-Dimensional Anatomy of the Aortic and Mitral Valves -- Cellular and Molecular Basis of Calcific Aortic Valve Disease -- Clinical and Genetic Risk Factors for Calcific Valve Disease -- Left Ventricular Adaptation to Pressure and/or Volume Overload -- Echocardiographic Evaluation of Valvular Heart Disease -- Evaluation of Valvular Heart Disease by Cardiac Catheterization and Angiocardiography -- Evaluation of Valvular Heart Disease by Cardiac Magnetic Resonance and Computed Tomography -- Basic Principles of Medical Therapy in the Patient with Valvular Heart Disease -- Risk Assessment for Valvular Heart Disease -- Aortic Stenosis -- Aortic Regurgitation -- The Bicuspid Aortic Valve and Associated Aortic Disease -- Surgical Approach to Diseases of the Aortic Valve and the Aortic Root -- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation -- Imaging Guidance of Transcatheter Valve Procedures -- Rheumatic Mitral Valve Disease -- Myxomatous Mitral Valve Disease -- Secondary Mitral Regurgitation -- Mitral Regurgitation : Timing of Surgery -- Mitral Valve Repair and Replacement -- Mitral Valve Repair and Replacement -- Intraoperative Echocardiography for Mitral Valve Surgery -- Diseases of the Tricuspid and Pulmonic Valves -- Infective Endocarditis -- Prosthetic Heart Valves -- Valvular Heart Disease in Pregnancy -- Appendix 1 ACC/AHA Guidelines Classification and Levels of Evidence -- Appendix 2 ESC Guidelines Classification and Levels of Evidence.
- 2009 SpringerMichael Y. Henein, editor.The Mitral Valve Disease / Michael Henein and John Pepper -- Aortic Valve Disease / Michael Henein and Joseph Maalouf -- Right Heart Valve Disease / Michael Henein -- Pulmonary Valve Disease / Michael Henein and Wei Li -- Stress Echo in Valvular Heart Disease / Eugenio Picano -- Valve Substitutes / John Chambers -- Native and Prosthetic Valve Endocarditis / Maurizio Galderisim and Sergio Mondillo.
- 2013 AccessMedicineDouglas C. Eaton, John P. Pooler.Renal functions, basic processes and anatomy -- Renal blood flow and glomerular filtration -- Clearance -- Basic transport mechanisms -- Renal handling of organic substances -- Basic renal processes for sodium, chloride, and water -- Regulation of sodium and water excretion -- Regulation of potassium balance -- Regulation of acid-base balance -- Regulation of calcium, magnesium and phosphate.
- 2005 ScienceDirectedited by Benedikt Hallgrímsson, Brian K. Hall.Variation and variability : central concepts in biology / Benedikt Hallgrímsson and Brian K. Hall -- Variation from Darwin to the modern synthesis / Peter J. Bowler -- The statistics of variation / Leigh Van Valen -- Landmark morphometrics and the analysis of variation / Joan T. Richtsmeier, Subhash R. Lele, and Theodore M. Cole III -- Variation in ontogeny / Donna Carlson Jones and Rebecca Z. German -- Constraints on variation from genotype through phenotype to fitness / Lauren Ancel Meyers -- Developmental origins of variation / Ellen Larsen -- Canalization, cryptic variation, and developmental buffering : a critical examination and analytical perspective / Ian Dworkin -- Mutation and phenotypic variation : where is the connection? : capacitators, stressors, phenotypic variability, and evolutionary change / Ary A. Hoffmann and John A. McKenzie -- Within individual variation : developmental noise versus developmental stability / Katherine E. Willmore and Benedikt Hallgrímsson -- Developmental constraints, modules, and evolvability / Christian Peter Klingenberg -- Developmental regulation of variability / Miriam Leah Zelditch -- Role of stress in evolution : from individual adaptability to evolutionary adaptation / Alexander V. Badyaev -- Environmentally contingent variation : phenotypic plasticity and norms of reaction / Sonia E. Sultan and Stephen C. Stearns -- Variation and life-history evolution / Derek A. Roff -- Antisymmetry / A. Richard Palmer -- Variation in structure and its relationship to function : correlation, explanation, and extrapolation / Anthony P. Russell and Aaron M. Bauer -- A universal generative tendency toward increased organismal complexity / Daniel W. McShea -- Variation and versatility in macroevolution / V. Louise Roth -- Variation and developmental biology : prospects for the future / David M. Parichy -- Phenogenetics : genotypes, phenotypes, and variation / Samuel Sholtis and Kenneth M. Weiss -- The study of phenotypic variability : an emerging research agenda for understanding the developmental-genetic architecture underlying phenotypic variation / Benedikt Halgrímsson, Jevon James Yardley Brown, and Brian K. Hall.
- 2013 NAPCommittee on Geographic Variation in Health Care Spending and Promotion of High-Value Health Care, Board on Health Care Services ; Joseph P. Newhouse, Alan M Garber, Robin P. Graham, Margaret A. McCoy, Michelle Mancher, and Ashna Kibria, editors ; Institute of Medicine of the National Academies."Variation in Health Care Spending investigates geographic variation in health care spending and quality for Medicare beneficiaries as well as other populations, and analyzes Medicare payment policies that could encourage high-value care. This report concludes that regional differences in Medicare and commercial health care spending and use are real and persist over time. Furthermore, there is much variation within geographic areas, no matter how broadly or narrowly these areas are defined. The report recommends against adoption of a geographically based value index for Medicare payments, because the majority of health care decisions are made at the provider or health care organization level, not by geographic units. Rather, to promote high value services from all providers, Medicare and Medicaid Services should continue to test payment reforms that offer incentives to providers to share clinical data, coordinate patient care, and assume some financial risk for the care of their patients."--Publisher's description.
- 2014 SpringerRoberto de Franchis, Alessandra Dell'Era, editors.
- 2010 SpringerAllison Abendroth, Ann M. Arvin, Jennifer F. Moffat, editors.The Varicella-zoster virus genome -- VZV molecular epidemiology -- Roles of cellular transcription factors in VZV replication -- Effects of Varicella-zoster virus on cell cycle regulatory pathways -- Varicella-zoster virus open reading frame 66 protein kinase and its relationship to alphaherpesvirus US3 kinases -- VZV ORF 47 serine protein kinase and its viral substrates -- Overview of Varicella-zoster virus glycoproteins gC, gH and gL -- Analysis of the function of glycoproteins E and I and their promoters during VZV replication in virto and in skin and T cell xenografts in the SCID mouse model of VZV pathogenesis -- Varicella-zoster virus glycoprotein M -- Varicella zoster virus immune evasion strategies -- VZV Infection of keratinocytes: production of cell-free infectious virions in vivo -- Varicella-zoster virus T cell tropism and the pathogenesis of skin infection -- Experimental models to study varicella zoster virus infection of neurons -- Molecular characterization of Varicella zoster virus (VZV) in latently infected human ganglia: physical state and abundance of VZV DNA, quantitation of viral transcripts and detection of VZV-specific proteins -- Neurological disease produced by Varicella zoster virus reactivation without rash -- Varicella-zoster virus neurotropism in SCID mouse-human DRG xenografts -- Rodent models of Varicella-zoster virus neurotropism -- Simian Varicella virus: molecular virology -- Simian Varicella virus pathogenesis -- Varicella-zoster virus vaccine : molecular genetics -- VZV T-cell-mediated immunity -- Perspectives on vaccines against Varicella-zoster virus infections.Also available: Print – 2010
- Varicella-zoster virus epithelial keratitis in herpes zoster ophthalmicus : in vivo morphology in the human cornea2011 SpringerHelena M. Tabery.Herpes zoster ophthalmicus (HZO) is a common disease in the elderly and the immunosuppressed, with potentially devastating sequelae. Diagnosis of HZO is clinical but almost all its manifestations are non-specific and often indistinguishable from those due to other causes in general and herpes simplex virus in particular. The exception is varicella-zoster virus epithelial keratitis, which is frequently the only indicator of the true nature of the disease. This book is unique in presenting high-magnification images, obtained by non-contact in vivo photomicrography, that capture the distinctive features of varicella-zoster virus epithelial keratitis in HZO. Both the morphology and the dynamics of the corneal epithelial lesions are splendidly documented, including in patients with HZO sine herpete and recurrent disease. Three rare cases of ocular surface involvement in acute HZO are included, and the final chapter offers an illuminating comparison of varicella-zoster virus epithelial keratitis in HZO and the lesions of herpes simplex virus. This book will serve as an indispensable aid in the prompt diagnosis of HZO.
- Varying IL-6 concentration initiates qualitatively distinct signaling responses and genetic programs2010Kenneth Randal Schulz.IL-6 is a pleiotropic cytokine with roles in many areas of biology; it is also implicated in diseases associated with inflammation. To understand how a molecule is capable of diverse effects, one must understand how cells respond to it. In most published studies, the mechanism of IL-6 signaling has been evaluated in cell lines with limited biological relevance. In this study, phospho-specific flow cytometry and other techniques were used to look closely at IL-6 signaling in primary murine lymphocytes. Splenic T cells, but not B cells, exhibited a strong phospho-STAT1 response to IL-6 in addition to the universally observed STAT3 activation. Interestingly, when IL-6 dose was reduced, T cells exhibited a B cell-like signaling phenotype; they had no phospho-STAT1 response to IL-6. STAT3 had a greater affinity than STAT1 for gp130, the IL-6 signal transducer, which allows STAT3 to become activated when IL-6 is scarce. In our system, STAT1 played a dual role in gene transcription downstream of IL-6. In contrast with previous reports, phospho-STAT1 was required for expression of a subset of genes, which indicates that nature has the ability to create a STAT1 knockout-like condition by stimulating cells with a low level of IL-6. A novel inhibitory function of STAT1, which indicates a modality used to influence TH biasing capability of IL-6, was also discovered. This work gives insight as to how a single molecule, IL-6, affects the immune system, the central nervous system, and metabolism in such complex ways.
- 2010[edited by] Samuel Eric Wilson.Development of vascular access surgery -- Patient assessment and planning for vascular access surgery -- Anesthesia for vascular access surgery -- Surgical anatomy for hemodialysis access -- Physiology of the arteriovenous fistula -- Thrombophilia as a cause of recurrent vascular access thrombosis in hemodialysis patients -- Biologic properties of venous access devices -- Biologic response to prosthetic dialysis grafts -- Strategies to reduce intimal hyperplasia in dialysis access grafts -- Epidemiology and pathophysiology of chronic renal failure and guidelines for initiation of hemodialysis -- Autologous arteriovenous fistulas: direct radiocephalic anastomosis for hemodialysis access -- Autogenous vein for fistulas and interposition grafts -- Basili vein transposition: a modern autogenous vascular access for hemodialysis -- Interposition arteriovenous grafts (bridge fistulas) for hemodialysis -- New synthetic grafts and early access -- Central venous cannulation for hemodialysis access -- Access in the neonatal and pediatric patient -- Surveillance, revision, and outcome of vascular access procedures for hemodialysis -- Endovascular management of dialysis graft stenosis -- Axillosubclavian vein thrombosis -- Complications of vascular access: thrombosis, venous hypertension, congestive heart failure, neuropathy, and aneurysm -- Dialysis access-associated ischemic steal syndrome -- Vascular access neuropathic syndrome: ischemic monomelic neuropathy -- Infection in vascular access procedures -- Assessment and intervention for arteriovenous fistula maturation -- Coordination and patient care in vascular access -- Cardiovascular consequences of rapid hemodialysis -- Peritoneal dialysis -- Socioeconomic implications of vascular access surgery -- Ultrasound in vascular access -- Reflections on four decades of experience in vascular access surgery -- Organizing hemodialysis access: the kaiser permanente southern California experience -- Should the KDOQI guidelines for first time dialysis access apply to all patients? -- Ten mistakes to avoid in dialysis access surgery -- Placement of indwelling venous access systems -- Vascular access for trauma, emergency surgery, and critical care -- Complications of percutaneous vascular access procedures and their management.
- 2013 ClinicalKey[edited by] Wesley S. Moore.A history of vascular surgery -- Embryology of the vascular system -- Anatomy, physiology, and pharmacology of the vascular wall -- Anatomy and surgical exposure of the vascular system -- Hemostasis and thrombosis -- Atherosclerosis: pathology, pathogenesis, and medical management -- Nonatherosclerotic vascular disease -- Vascular malformations -- Vasculogenic erectile dysfunction -- Primary arterial infections and antibiotic prophylaxis -- Influence of diabetes mellitus on vascular disease and its complications -- Medical management of vascular disease including pharmacology of drugs used in vascular disease management -- Hemodynamics for the vascular surgeon -- The noninvasive vascular laboratory -- Principles of imaging in vascular disease -- Vascular grafts: characteristics and rational selection -- Arterial access; guidewires, catheters, and sheaths; and balloon angioplasty catheters and stents -- Extracranial cerebrovascular disease: the carotid artery -- Surgical reconstruction of the supra-aortic trunks and vertebral arteries -- Endovascular repair of extracranial cerebrovascular lesions -- Surgical management of aortoiliac occlusive disease -- Angioplasty and stenting for aortoiliac disease: technique and results -- Diagnosis and surgical management of the visceral ischemic syndromes -- Management of renovascular disease -- Endovascular treatment of renovascular disease -- Surgical management of femoral, popliteal, and tibial arterial occlusive disease -- Endoscopic harvesting of the saphenous vein -- Infrainguinal endovascular reconstruction: technique and results -- Endovascular therapy for infrapopliteal arterial occlusive disease -- Thoracic and lumbar sympathectomy: indications, technique, and results -- Thoracic outlet syndrome and vascular disease of the upper extremity -- Natural history and nonoperative treatment of chronic lower extremity ischemia -- Thrombolysis for arterial and graft occlusions: technique and results -- Descending thoracic and thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysms: general principles and open surgical repair -- Endovascular repair of thoracic aortic aneurysm -- Combined endovascular and surgical (hybrid) approach to aortic arch and thoracoabdominal aortic pathology -- Branched and fenestrated grafts for endovascular thoracoabdominal aneurysm repair -- Acute and chronic aortic dissection: medical management, surgical management, endovascular management, and results -- Aneurysms of the aorta and illac arteries -- Endovascular repair of juxtarenal (chimney), infrarenal, and illac artery aneurysms -- Open surgical and endovascular management of ruptured abdominal aortic aneurysm -- Laparoscopic aortic surgery for aneurysm and occlusive disease: technique and results -- Splanchnic and renal artery aneurysms -- Aneurysms of the peripheral arteries -- Vascular trauma -- Endovascular approach to vascular trauma -- Venous thromboembolic disease -- Thrombolysis for deep venous thrombosis and pulumonary embolism -- Surgical management of chronic venous obstruction -- Endovascular repair of chronic venous obstruction -- Etiology and management of chronic venous insufficiency: surgery, endovenous ablation, and sclerotherapy -- Portal hypertension -- Lymphedema -- Hemodialysis and vascular access -- Neointimal hyperplasia -- Prosthetic graft infection -- Noninfection complications in vascular surgery -- Management of complications after endovascular abdominal aortic aneurysm repair -- The diabetic foot -- The wound care center and limb salvage -- Spine exposure: operative techniques for the vascular surgeon -- Carotid sinus stimulation: background, technique, and future directions -- Building an outpatient intervention suite.
- 2006[edited by] Wesley S. Moore.
- 2014 ClinicalKeyedited by Jonathan D. Beard, Ian Loftus, Peter A. Gaines.Epidemiology and risk factor management of peripheral arterial disease / Richard Donnelly and Janet T. Powell -- Assessment of chronic lower limb ischaemia / John Bottomley and Henrik Sillesen -- Medical treatment of chronic lower limb ischaemia / Cliff Shearman -- Intervention for chronic lower limb ischaemia / Anthony Nicholson and Julian Scott -- The diabetic foot / Kelly Cheer and Edward B. Jude -- Amputation, rehabilitation, and prosthetic developments / Ramesh Munjal and Gillian Atkinson -- Revision vascular surgery / Jan Brunkwall and Michael Gawenda -- Management of acute lower limb ischaemia / Robert J. Hinchliffe and Johannes Lammer -- Vascular trauma / Jacobus van Marle and Dirk A. le Roux -- Extracranial cerebrovascular disease / A. Ross Naylor and Sumaira MacDonald -- Vascular disorders of the upper limb / Jean-Baptiste Ricco and Fabrice Schneider -- Primary and secondary vasospastic disorders (Raynaud's phenomenon) and vasculitis / Jill J.F. Belch and Matthew A. Lambert -- Peripheral and abdominal aortic aneurysms / Michael Wyatt and John Rose -- Thoracic and thoraco-abdominal aortic disease / Ian Nordon, Rob Morgan, and Matt Thompson -- Renal and intestinal vascular disease / Trevor Cleveland ... [et al.] -- Central venous and dialysis access / Peter W.G. Brown and David C. Mitchell -- Varicose veins / Manj Gohel and Alun Davies -- Chronic leg swelling / Timothy A. Lees and Hazel Trender -- The acutely swollen leg / Cees H.A. Wittens and Rob H.W. Strijkers -- Vascular anomalies / James E. Jackson
- Nael E. Saad. Suresh Vedantham, Jennifer E. Gould
- 2017 ClinicalKeyWael E. Saad, Minhaj S. Khaja, Suresh Vedantham.
- 2006[edited by] Karim Valji.Patient evaluation and care -- Standard angiographic and interventional techniques -- Pathogenesis of vascular diseases -- Thoracic aorta -- Abdominal aorta -- Pelvic and lower extremity arteries -- Upper extremity arteries -- Renal arteries and veins -- Mesenteric arteries -- Hepatic, splenic, and portal vascular systems -- Endocrine, exocrine, and reproductive systems -- Pulmonary and bronchial arteries -- Lower extremity veins -- Inferior vena cava -- Upper extremity veins and superior vena cava -- Vascular access placement and foreign body retrieval -- Hemodialysis access -- Lymphatic system -- Percutaneous biopsy -- Transcatheter fluid drainage -- Gastrointestinal interventions -- Biliary system -- Urologic and genital systems.
- 2014 ClinicalKeyJohn A. Kaufman, Michael J. Lee.Vascular Pathology -- Fundamentals of Angiography -- Noninvasive Vascular Imaging -- Vascular Interventions -- Carotid and Vertebral Arteries -- Upper Extremity Arteries -- Upper Extremity, Neck, and Central Thoracic Veins -- Pulmonary Circulation -- Thoracic Aorta -- Abdominal Aorta and Pelvic Arteries -- Visceral Arteries -- Renal Arteries -- Inferior Vena Cava and Tributaries -- Portal and Hepatic Veins -- Lower-Extremity Arteries -- Lower-Extremity Veins -- Image-Guided Percutaneous Biopsy -- Percutaneous Abscess and Fluid Drainage -- Gastrointestinal Tract Intervention -- Biliary Intervention -- Gallbladder Intervention -- Percutaneous Genitourinary Intervention -- Image-Guided Breast Intervention -- Musculoskeletal Intervention -- Image-Guided Tumor Ablation: Basic Principles -- Image-Guided Ablation of Renal Tumors -- Image-Guided Ablation as a Treatment Option for Thoracic Malignancies -- Image-Guided Ablation of Liver Tumors.
- 2007 Springer Protocolsedited by Nair Sreejayan, Jun Ren.Rat carotid artery balloon injury model / David A. Tulis -- Histological and morphometric analyses for rat carotid balloon injury model / David A. Tulis -- Plaque rupture model in mice / Takeshi Sasaki, Kae Nakamura and Masafumi Kuzuya -- Immunostaining of mouse atherosclerotic lesions / Hong Lu, Debra L. Rateri and Alan Daugherty -- Surgical animal model of ventricular hypertrophy / Giuseppe Marano and Alberto U. Ferrari -- Animal models of hypertension / Brett M. Mitchell, Thomas Wallerath and Ulrich Förstermann -- Rat models of cardiac insulin resistance / Sanjoy Ghosh, Brian Rodrigues and Jun Ren -- The Isolated, perfused pseudo-working heart model / Gary J. Grover and Rajni Singh -- Altering and analyzing glucose metabolism in perfused hearts of transgenic mice / Rajakumar V. Donthi and Paul N. Epstein -- Methods in the evaluation of cardiovascular renin angiotensin aldosterone activation and oxidative stress / Camila Manrique -- Detection and quantification of apoptosis in the vasculature / Wendy A. Boivin and David J. Granville -- Endothelial progenitor cell and mesenchymal stem cell isolation, characterization, viral transduction / Keith R. Brunt, Sean R. R. Hall, Christopher A. Ward, and Luis G. Melo -- Assessment of endothelial damage/dysfunction: a focus on circulating endothelial cells / Christopher J. boos, Andrew D. Blann, and Gregory Y. H. Lip -- Evaluation of endothelial function by in vivo microscopy / Rosario Scalia -- Hapotaxis of endothelial cell migration under flow / Steve Hsu, Rahul Thakar, and Song Li -- Isolation, culture, and functional analysis of adult mouse cardiomyocytes / Ronglih Liao and Mohit Jain -- Mechanical measurement of contractile function of isolated ventricular myocytes / Loren E. Wold and Jun Ren -- Studying ischemia and reperfusion in isolated neonatal rat ventricular myocytes using coverslip hypoxia / Kelly R. Pitts and Christopher F. Toombs -- Isolation and functional studies of rat aortic smooth muscle cells / Nair Sreejayan and Xiaoping Yang -- Detection of reactive oxygen species and nitric oxide in vascular cells and tissues / Hua Cai, Sergey Dikalow, Kathy K. Griendling, and David G. Harrison -- Assessment of protein glycoxidation in ventricular tissues / Shi-Yan Li and Jun Ren -- Assessment of PI-3 kinase and Akt in ischemic heart diseases in diabetes / Takashi Matsui and Amy J. Davidoff -- Two-dimensional gel electrophoresis in platelet proteomics research / Ángel García -- Stem cell therapy in the heart and vasculature / Loren E. Wold, Wangde Dai, Joan S. Dow, and Robert A. Kloner.
- 2008 SpringerDavid Abraham ... [et al.] (eds.).
- 2011 Springerby Robert Pelberg, Wojciech Mazur.CT basics -- Concepts in radiation -- Technical aspects of vascular CT angiography -- Carotid and upper extremity CT angiography -- Thoracic aortic CT angiography -- Abdominal aortic CT angiography -- Peripheral arterial CT angiography.
- 2005 Springeredited by Robert H. Paul, Ronald Cohen, Brian R. Ott, Stephen Salloway.The aging population and the importance of vascular dementia / Kelly L. Lange and Robert H. Paul -- Clinical forms of vascular dementia / Gustavo C. Román -- Neuropathological substrates of vascular ischemic dementia / Kurt A. Jellinger -- Diagnosis of vascular dementia : conceptual challenges / José G. Merino and Vladimir Hachinski -- Cerebral hemodynamics in the elderly / Jorge M. Serrador and Lewis A. Lipsitz -- The cadasil syndrome and other genetic causes of stroke and vascular dementia / Stephen Salloway and Sophie Desbiens -- Estrogen, the cerebrovascular system, and dementia / Sharon X.C. Yang and George A. Kuchel -- Hypertension and cerebrovascular disease : effects of hypertension on young and middle-aged rhesus monkeys / Mark B. Moss and Elizabeth M. Jonak -- The cognitive profile of vascular dementia / Angela Lee Jefferson ... [et al.] -- Progression of cognitive impairments associated with cerebrovascular disease / Sally Stephens ... [et al.] -- Neuropsychiatric correlates of vascular injury : vascular dementia and related neurobehavioral syndromes / Anand Kumar, Helen Lavretsky, and Ebrahim Haroon -- Functional impairment in vascular dementia / Patricia A. Boyle and Deborah Cahn-Weiner -- Functional brain imaging of cerebrovascular disease / Ronald Cohen ... [et al.] -- Contributions of subcortical lacunar infarcts to cognitive impairment in older persons / Dan Mungas -- White matter hyperintensities and cognition / David J. Moser, Jason E. Kanz, and Kelly Davis Garrett -- Poststroke dementia : the role of strategic infarcts / Anelyssa D'Abreu and Brian R. Ott -- Understanding incidence and prevalence rates in mixed dementia / John Gunstad and Jeffery Browndyke -- Vascular basement membrane abnormalities and alzheimer's disease / Edward G. Stopa, Brian D. Zipser, and John E. Donahue -- Amyloid beta and the cerebral vasculature / Paula Grammas -- Cerebrovascular disease and the expression of Alzheimer's disease / Margaret M. Esiri and Zsuzsanna Nagy -- The neuropsychological differentiation between Alzheimer's disease and subcortical vascular dementia / David J. Libon ... [et al.] -- Pharmacological treatment of vascular dementia / Timo Erkinjuntti ... [et al.] -- Understanding and managing caregiver burden in cerebrovascular disease / Geoffrey Tremont, Jennifer Duncan Davis, and Mary Beth Spitznagel -- Quality of life in patients with vascular dementia / Rebecca E. Ready and Brian R. Ott -- Approaches to neuroprotection and recovery enhancement after acute stroke / Marc Fisher and Magdy Selim.
- 2006 Thieme BookMichael G. Hennerici, Doris Neuerburg-Heusler ; with contributions by Michael Daffertshofer, Thomas Karasch, Stephen Meairs.v. 1. Cerebral and peripheral vessels.
- 2010 SpringerTim Meyer, editor.Part 1. Pre-clinical development -- The Discovery and Characterisation of Tumour Endothelial Markers / Dario Neri and Roy Bicknell -- The Use of Animal Models in the Assessment of Tumour Vascular Disrupting Agents (VDAs) / R. Barbara Pedley and Gillian M. Tozer -- Combination Therapy with Chemotherapy and VDAs / Giulia Taraboletti, Katiuscia Bonezzi and Raffaella Giavazzi -- Lessons from Animal Imaging in Preclinical Models / Lesley D. McPhail and Simon P. Robinson -- Combining Antiangiogenic Drugs with Vascular Disrupting Agents Rationale and Mechanisms of Action / Yuval Shaked, Paul Nathan, Laura G. M. Daenen and Robert S. Kerbel -- Development of Vascular Disrupting Agents / Graeme J. Dougherty and David J. Chaplin -- Part 2. Imaging in the development of vascular disruptive agents -- MRI to Assess Vascular Disruptive Agents / Martin Zweifel and Anwar R. Padhani -- Contrast Ultrasound in Imaging Tumor Angiogenesis / Grzegorz Korpanty and Rolf A. Brekken -- Part 3. Clinical development -- The Clinical Development of Tubulin Binding Vascular Disrupting Agents / Martin Zweifel and Gordon Rustin -- ASA404 (DMXAA): New Concepts in Tumour Vascular Targeting Therapy / Bruce C. Baguley -- Vascular Disruptive Agents in Combination with Radiotherapy / Henry C. Mandeville and Peter J. Hoskin.
- 2006 SpringerII Springereditors, Salvador Moncada and Annie Higgs.
- Vascular engineering : new prospects of vascular medicine and biology with a multidiscipline approach2016 SpringerKazuo Tanishita, Kimiko Yamamoto, editors.Chapter 1 Introduction -- Chapter 2 Fundamentals of Vascular Bio-fluid and Solid Mechanics -- Chapter 3 Fundamentals of Physiology and Biology of Vascular System -- Chapter 4 Hemodynamics in Physio- and Pathological Vessels -- Chapter 5 Cyclic Stretch-Induced Reorganization of Stress Fibers in Endothelial Cells -- Chapter 6 Mechanical Characterization of Vascular Endothelial Cells Exposed to Fluid Shear Stress -- Chapter 7 Tensile Properties of Smooth Muscle Cells, Elastin, and Collagen Fibers -- Chapter 8 Mechanobiology of Endothelial Cells Related to the Formation of Arterial Disease -- Chapter9 Mechanotransduction of Shear Stress by the Endothelium -- Chapter 10 Mechanobiology of Endothelial Cells Related to the Pathogenesis of Arterial Disease -- Chapter 11 Vascular Engineering of Blood Coagulation -- Chapter 12 Vascular Engine ering to Make Blood-Compatible Surface -- Chapter 13 Vascular Engineering of Circulatory Assist Devices -- Chapter 14 Innovations in Measuring Cellular Mechanics -- Chapter 15 Innovation of Vascular Engineering by Mechano-medicine -- Chapter 16 Integrated Vascular Engineering: Vascularization of Reconstructed Tissue -- Chapter 17 Novel Technology to Assay the Multicellular Network: On-Chip Cellomics Technology.-.
- 2009 Thieme BookKarl-Juergen Wolf ; with contributions by Zarko Grozdanovic [and others].
- Vascular imaging of the central nervous system : physical principles, clinical applications, and emerging techniques2014 Wileyedited by Joana N. Ramalho, Mauricio Castillo.Basic principles of UVI / Ana Maria Braz and Jaime Leal Pamplona -- Clinical applications of UVI / Ana Maria Braz, Maria Madalena Patricio, and Joana Ramalho -- Novel applications of UVI / Elsa Azevedo and Pedro Castro -- Basic principles of CTA / Margareth Kimura and Mauricio Castillo -- Intracranial CTA / Isabel R. Fragata and Joana Ramalho -- Extra-cranial CTA / Tiago Baptista and João Lopes Reis -- Basic principles of time-of- flight magnetic resonance angiography (TOF MRA) and MRV (2D and 3D) / Hugo A. Ferreira and Joana Ramalho -- Basic principles of phase contrast magnetic resonance angiography (PC MRA) and MRV / Hugo A. Ferreira and Joana Ramalho -- Time-of-flight magnetic resonance angiography (TOF MRA) and MRV : clinical applications / Mauricio Castillo, Juan Camilo Márquez and Francisco Jose Medina -- Phase contrast magnetic resonance angiography (PC MRA) and flow analysis : clinical applications / Pedro Vilela -- Contrast-enhanced MRA fundamentals and clinical applications / Khurram Javed and Mauricio Castillo -- Intracranial magnetic resonance angiography (MRA), 1.5T versus 3T : advantages and disadvantages / Sara Safder, Benjamin Huang, and Mauricio Castillo -- Time-resolved techniques / Nuno Almeida, David Monteiro, and Daniela Seixas -- DSA : basic principles / Mauricio Castillo -- DSA in clinical practice / Yueh Z. Lee and Mauricio Castillo -- Advanced and future DSA applications / Pedro Vilela -- CT perfusion, basic concepts and clinical applications / Joana Ramalho and Isabel R. Fragata -- Dynamic susceptibility contrast-enhanced MRI perfusion : basic principles and clinical applications / Francisco Medina Valencia, Mauricio Castillo, and Juan Marquez -- Arterial spin labeling (ASL) perfusion basic concepts, artifacts, and clinical applications / Debora Bertholdo and Mauricio Castillo -- Imaging of carotid plaque / Sangam Kanekar -- Basic concepts and clinical applications of intravascular imaging hideki / Sitahara, Peter J. Fitzgerald, Paul G. Yock, and Yasuhiro Honda -- Pediatric vascular imaging techniques and clinical applications / Carla R. Conceio, Rita Lopes da Silva, and Joana Ramalho.
- 2007 SpringerMark G. Cowling (ed.) ; with contributions by J.R. Asquith ... [et al.] ; foreword by A.L. Baert.
- 2012 SpringerMark G. Cowling, editor ; foreword by Maximilian F. Reiser.The Aetiology of Vascular Disease / R. D. Wells -- Assessment of Peripheral Vascular Disease / Mark G. Cowling -- Equipment and Environment / Vikramaditya Prabhudesai -- Consent in Interventional Radiology / F. Coccia and J. S. Freedman -- Drugs Used in Vascular Interventional Radiology / Gordon Dent and Mark G. Cowling -- Day Case Vascular Intervention / Ounali S. Jaffer, Dean Y. Huang and Paul S. Sidhu -- Sites of Arterial Access and the Role of Closure Devices in Percutaneous Arterial Intervention / Jon K. Bell and Nicholas Chalmers -- Aortoiliac Intervention / Rafiuddin Patel and Anthony A. Nicholson -- Femoropopliteal Arterial Intervention / Stefan Müller-Hülsbeck and Heide Preuss -- Crural Arterial Interventions / J. Reekers -- Thrombolysis, Mechanical Thrombectomy and Percutaneous Aspiration Thrombectomy / Gerard S. Goh, Robert Morgan and Anna-Maria Belli -- Upper Limb Arterial Intervention / Douglas R. Turner and Steven M. Thomas -- Carotid and Vertebral Artery Intervention / Stephen D. Goode and Trevor J. Cleveland -- Management of Renal and Visceral Arterial Stenoses / M. G. Cowling -- Endovascular Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair / Andrew England, Micheal Murphy and Richard G. McWilliams -- Endovascular Repair of Thoracic Aortic Aneurysms / H. Rousseau, J. Auriol, C. Lions, V. Benouaich and E. Grunenwald, et al. -- Endovascular Repair of Iliac, Visceral and False Aneurysms / Ralph Jackson and John Rose -- Dialysis Access Management / J. R. Asquith -- Management of Venous Stenoses and Venous Thrombosis / J. R. Asquith -- Inferior Veno-Caval Filters / Matthew Matson -- Management of Venous Insufficiency / D. J. West.
- 2011 SpringerLaurie D. DeLeve, Guadalupe Garcia-Tsao, editors.Liver Endothelial Cells: Hemostasis, Thrombosis, and Hepatic Vascular Diseases -- Vascular Liver Disease and the Liver Sinusoidal Endothelial Cell -- Pseudocapillarization and the Aging Liver -- Stellate Cells and the Microcirculation -- Circulatory Injury in Liver Transplantation -- Portal Hypertension: Intrahepatic Mechanisms -- Portal Hypertension: Extrahepatic Mechanisms -- Histological Diagnosis -- Radiological Diagnosis -- Hepatic Vascular Pathology After Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation: Sinusoidal Obstruction Syndrome, Focal Nodular Hyperplasia, and Nodular Regenerative Hyperplasia -- Management: Cirrhotic Portal Hypertension -- Portal Vein Thrombosis -- Budd-Chiari Syndrome -- Congenital Hepatic Vascular Malformations -- Interventional Radiology in the Treatment of Portal Hypertension -- Surgical Intervention for Portal Hypertension -- Liver Transplantation and Vascular Disorders.
- 2007 SpringerMano J. Thubrikar.
- 2014 SpringerEng H. Lo, Josephine Lok, MingMing Ning, Michael J. Whalen, editors.Vascular Mechanisms in CNS Trauma focuses on the vascular aspects of brain and spinal cord trauma.Twenty nine chapters are arranged in three sections:Molecular Mechanisms; Experimental Models and Methods; and Clinical Challenges and Opportunities. The first section addresses topics in the basic biology of brain and spinal cord trauma, ranging from the pathophysiology of cerebral endothelial cells and gliovascular interactions to the role of stem cells in neurovascular repair. The second section covers experimental methods in rodent and in large animal models of CNS injury, as well as the use of biomaterials and biomarkers in studying the mechanisms of tissue response. The third section deals with clinical issues in the monitoring and treatment of the patient with traumatic injury of the brain and spinal cord. Contributors to the book include an integrated mix of basic scientists and clinicians from diverse institutions. By presenting salient issues in CNS trauma from a vascular perspective, this book should make a unique contribution to the understanding of traumatic brain and spinal cord injury.
- 2013 ClinicalKey[edited by] Mark Creager, Joshua A. Beckman, Joseph Loscalzo.Make the most of today's innovative medical therapies, advances in vascular imaging, and new drugs to improve your patients' cardiovascular health with Vascular Medicine, 2nd Edition. This comprehensive, clinically focused volume in the Braunwald's Heart Disease family provides an in-depth, state-of-the-art review of all vascular diseases, with an emphasis on pathophysiology, diagnosis, and management - giving you the evidence-based guidance you need to make appropriate therapeutic decisions on behalf of your patients. Gain a state-of-the-art understanding of the pathophysiology, diagnosis, and management of arterial disease, venous disease, lymph dysfunction, connective tissue disease, vascular disease, and vascular manifestations of systemic disease. Benefit from the knowledge and experience of Dr. Mark A. Creager (editor of the Vascular Medicine society journal), Dr. Joshua A. Beckman, and Dr. Joseph Loscalzo, and benefit from their practice rationales for all of today's clinical therapies. Easily reference Braunwald's Heart Disease, 9th Edition for further information on topics of interest.
- 2015 Springer Protocolsedited by Domenico Ribatti.The development of the vascular system : a historical overview / Dominico Ribatti, Beatrice Nico, and Enrico Crivellato -- The corneal pocket assay / Marina Ziche and Lucia Morbidelli -- The mouse hindbrain : an in vivo model to analyze developmental angiogenesis / Alice Plein, Christiana Ruhrberg, and Alessandro Fantin -- Three-dimensional in vitro assay of endothelial cell invasion and capillary tube morphogenesis / Lauar di Blasio, Federico Bussolino, and Luca Primo -- Vascular casting for the study of vascular morphogenesis / Maximilian Ackermann and Moritz A. Konerding -- Cell-based computational modeling of vascular morphogenesis using Tissue Simulation Toolkit / Josephine T. Daub and Roeland M.H. Merks -- miRNAs expression profile in zebrafish developing vessels / Emma Ristori and Stefania Nicoli -- Imaging of cardiovascular development in mammalian embryos using optical coherence tomography / Monica D. Garcia ... [and 3 others] -- Live confocal microscopy of the developing mouse embryonic yolk sac vasculature / Andrew L. Lopez III ... [and 3 others] -- Zebrafish embryo intersegmental vesssels : a tool for investigating sprouting angiogenesis / Chiara Tobia ... [and 3 others] -- Avian area vasculosa and CAM as rapid in vivo pro-angiogenic and antiangiogenic models / Andrew N. Makanya ... [and 3 others] -- Investigating in vitro angiogenesis by computer-assisted image analysis and computational simulation / Diego Guidolin ... [and 3 others] -- A chimeric embryoid body model to study vascular morphogenesis / Yanmei Qi ... [and 4 others] -- Avians as a model system of vascular development / Michael Bressan and Takashi Mikawa -- Microfluidic model of angiogenic sprouting / Jonathan W. Song, Despina Bazou, and Lance L. Munn -- The rat aortic ring model of angiogenesis / Alfred C. Aplin and Roberto F. Nicosia -- The coculture organotypic assay of angiogenesis / Jennifer L. Allen and Harry Mellor.
- 2013 Springer Protocolsedited by Fernando Vivanco.Proteomics is a rapidly expanding investigation platform in cardiovascular medicine. Driven by major improvements in mass spectrometry (MS) instrumentation and data analysis, the proteomics field has flourished in recent years particularly in the study of complex diseases. These recent advances are characterized by the development of quantitative MS-based methods that promoted the field from primarily identifying proteins to also providing measurements of relative changes in protein levels between different cell states. This progress is reflected in the application of proteomic techniques to vascular pathology. Vascular Proteomics: Methods and Protocols provides up-to-date methods and protocols for the analysis of arteries, cells, lipoproteins, body fluids, and metabolites, with a particular focus on MS-based methods of protein and peptide quantification. Written in the successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible protocols, and notes on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Authoritative and easily accessible, Vascular Proteomics: Methods and Protocols is a representative selection of methods that can be a useful resource for experienced proteomics practitioners as well as newcomers interested in becoming acquainted with the practice of proteomic techniques for cardiovascular research.
- 2012 SpringerJamal J. Hoballah, Alan B. Lumsden, editors.Aneurysmal Disease -- Infrarenal Aortic Aneurysms: New Technologies / Laura E. White, Heitham T. Hassoun -- Treatment of Suprarenal and Juxtarenal AAA with Fenestrated Grafts and Debranching Procedures / Heather P. Park, Mark A. Farber -- Surgeon-Modified Fenestrated and Branched Stent Grafts / Nikolaos Tsilimparis, Joseph J. Ricotta II -- Pelvic Revascularization During Endovascular Aortic Aneurysm Repair / Javairiah Fatima, Gustavo S. Oderich -- Management of Endoleak Following Endovascular Aneurysm Repair / Andrew Misselt, Jafar Golzarian -- Thoracic Endovascular Aortic Repair (TEVAR): New Horizons / Jonathan Bath, Jae-Sung Cho -- Thoracic Aneurysms: Endovascular Procedures for Debranching of Ascending and Isolated Arch Aneurysms / Basel Ramlawi, Michael J. Reardon, Alan B. Lumsden -- Aortic Dissection / Vikas A. Pandey, M. Hamady -- Endovascular Treatment of Traumatic Thoracic Aortic Rupture, Ruptured TAA and AAA / Manish Mehta, Philip S. K. Paty, Sean P. Roddy -- Laparoscopic and Robotic Aortic Surgery / Jean Bismuth -- Popliteal Artery Aneurysm: Endovascular Surgery / Munier Nazzal, Viviane Kazan -- Occlusive Disease -- Carotid Artery Stenting: Current Status / Rabih A. Chaer, Michel S. Makaroun -- Mesenteric Artery Occlusive Disease / Panos Kougias -- Treatment of Renal Artery Stenosis and Fibromuscular Dysplasia / Daynene Vykoukal, Javier E. Anaya-Ayala, Mark G. Davies -- Aortoiliac Occlusive Disease / George Pisimisis, Carlos F. Bechara -- Femoropopliteal Endovascular Interventions / Melhem J. Sharafuddin, Parth B. Amin, Rachael M. Nicholson -- Venous Disease -- Venous Insufficiency, Varicose Veins, and Perforators / Eric K. Peden, Nyla Ismail -- Deep Venous Thrombosis / Hossam F. El-Sayed -- Retrievable Inferior Vena Cava Filters / Joseph J. Naoum -- Miscellaneous -- First Rib Resection and Thoracoscopic Cervical Sympathectomy / Mohammad Bashir, Joss Dean Fernandez, Kalpaj Parekh.
- 2011 SpringerGeorge Geroulakos, Bauer Sumpio (Editors).Part 1. Arterial Aneurysms -- Preoperative Cardiac Risk Assessment and Management of Elderly Men with an Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm -- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm -- Endoluminal Treatment of Infra-renal Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm -- Ruptured Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm -- Thoracoabdominal Aortic Aneurysm -- Endovascular Management of Thoracic Aneurysm -- Aortic Dissection -- Popliteal Artery Aneurysms -- Renal Artery Aneurysm -- Anastomotic Aneurysms -- False Aneurysm in the Groin Following Coronary Angioplasty -- Acute Thrombosis -- Part 2. Acute Ischemia -- Arterial Embolism -- Blast Injury to the Lower Limb -- Endovascular Management of Aortic Transection in a Multiinjured Patient -- Part 3. Management Of Chronic Ischaemia of the Lower Extremities -- Cardiovascular Risk Factors and Peripheral Arterial Disease -- Lower Limb Claudication Due to Iliac Artery Occlusive Disease -- Lower Limb Claudication Due to Bilateral Iliac Artery Occlusive Disease: The Case for Iliac Stenting and Femorofemoral Crossover Bypass -- Endovascular Management of Lower Limb Claudication due to Infra-Inguinal Disease -- Endovascular Management of Non-Healing Leg Ulceration -- Bypass to the Popliteal Artery -- Bypass to the Infrapopliteal Arteries for Chronic Critical Limb Ischemia -- Popliteal Artery Entrapment -- Adventitial Cystic Disease of the Popliteal Artery -- The Obturator Foramen Bypass -- Diabetic Foot -- Part 4. Surgery of the Major Branches of the Infradiaphragmatic Aorta -- Chronic Visceral Ischemia -- Acute Mesenteric Ischemia -- Renovascular Hypertension -- Midaortic Syndrome -- Part 5. Management of Popliteal Hypertension -- Management of Portal Hypertension -- Part 6. Management of Extracranial Cerebrovascular Disease -- Management of Carotid Bifurication Disease -- The Carotid Body Tumor -- Vertebrobasilar Ischemia: Embolic and Low-Flow Mechanisms -- Takayasus Arteritis Associated with Cerebrovascular Ischemia -- Part 7. Neurovascular Conditions of the Upper Extremity -- Neurogenic Thoracic Outlet Syndrome and Pectoralis Minor Syndrome -- Acute Axillary/Subclavian Vein Thrombosis -- Raynauds Phenomenon -- Part 8. Prevention and Management of Complications of Arterial Surgery -- Aortofemoral Graft Infection -- Aortoenteric Fistulas -- Part 9. Vascular Access -- The Optimal Conduit for Hemodialysis Access -- Acute Ischemia of the Upper Extremity Following Graft Arteriovenous Fistula -- Part 10. Amputations -- Amputations in an Ischemic Limb -- Part 11. Vascular Malformations -- Congenital Vascular Malformation -- Klippel-Trenaunay Syndrome -- Part 12. Management of Venous Disorders -- Deep Venous Thrombosis -- Endoluminal Ablation of Varicose Veins -- Ultrasound Guided Foam Sclerotherapy for the Management of Recurrent Varicose Veins -- Venous Ulcers Associated with Deep Venous Insufficiency -- Venous Ulcers Associated with Superficial Venous Insufficiency -- Iliofemoral Venous Thrombosis -- Iliofemoral Deep Venous Thrombosis During Pregnancy -- Part 13. Lymphodema -- Management of Chronic Lymphedema of the Lower Extremity -- Management of Upper Extremity Lymphoedema with Microsurgical Lympho-Venous Anastomosis (LVA).
- 2016 SpringerPaula E. North, Tara Sander, editors.This book comprehensively covers the classification, histopathology, pathogenesis, and molecular diagnosis of vascular tumors and malformations, correlating these with current approaches to clinical management. It offers a new multidisciplinary resource for clinicians, pathologists, molecular diagnosticians, and scientists in the field of vascular medicine and biology, fostering cross-cutting collaboration in clinical practice and research. Fundamental background information on vascular tumors and malformation is provided, while also including the most current information available on pathogenic mechanisms underlying this heterogenous group of disorders and the implications for molecular diagnosis and therapeutic intervention. Written by experts in the field, Vascular Tumors and Developmental Malformations: Pathogenic Mechanisms and Molecular Diagnosis provides the medical and scientific community with an essential, practical resource to guide accurate diagnosis, well-targeted therapies, and informed investigation of specific clinicopathological entities within the spectrum of vascular anomalies.
- 2015 CRCnetBASEedited by Eric M. Brey."The first federally-funded meeting on tissue engineering was in 1988. In this and subsequent meetings, the fields of tissue engineering and regenerative medicine (TERM) have been described as having the potential to revolutionize clinical approaches to the replacement, reconstruction or regeneration of organs and tissues. While TERM research has resulted in new patient treatments, the broad impact on clinical practice envisioned has not been achieved. The development of new TERM therapies that have significant clinical impact requires the ability to control vascularization, the process of new vessel assembly. The circulatory system plays a number of vital roles in regenerating and functioning tissues. It supplies oxygen and nutrients, removes wastes and is a source of multiple cell types required to respond to changing physiological conditions. For nearly every TERM application, the ability to enhance, regenerate or engineer new tissues requires spatial and temporal control over the process of vascularization. While vascularization is being studied in a number of physiologic and pathologic processes, TERM applications present distinct challenges. For example, unique microenvironmental conditions result from biomaterial and cell combinations used in TERM applications that are not encountered in any other system. In addition, clinical applications require vascularization of large tissue volumes within time frames that are much lower than those found during vascularization in development and typical physiologic processes. These requirements place significant constraints on the design of TERM therapies"--Provided by publisher.
- 2006editor, Dietmar W. Siemann.Tumor vasculature : a target for anticancer therapies / Dietmar W. Siemann -- Abnormal microvasculature and defective microcirculatory function in solid tumors / Peter Vaupel -- The role of microvasculature in metastasis formation / Oliver Stöltzing, Lee M. Ellis -- Development of agents that selectively disrupt tumor vasculature : a historical perspective / David J. Chaplin, Sally A. Hill -- Morphologic manifestations of vascular-disrupting agents in preclinical models / Mumtaz V. Rojiani, Amyn Rojiani -- Molecular recognition of the colchicine binding site as a design paradigm for the discovery and development of vascular disrupting agents / Kevin G. Pinney -- Combined modality approaches using vascular-disrupting agents / Wenyin Shi, Michael R. Horsman, Dietmar W. Siemann -- Vascular-targeting therapies and hyperthermia / Michael R. Horsman, Rumi Murata -- Flavones and xanthenones as vascular-disrupting agents / Bronwyn G. Siim, Bruce C. Baguley -- Targeting inside-out phospholipids on tumor blood vessels in pancreatic cancer / Adam W. Beck, Rolf Brekken, Philip E. Thorpe -- Cadherin antagonists as vascular-targeting agents / Orest Blaschuk, Tracey M. Rowlands -- Alphastatin : a pluripotent inhibitor of activated endothelial cells / Carolyn A. Staton, Claire Lewis -- Cationic lipid complexes to target tumor endothelium / Uwe Michaelis, Michael Teifel -- Development of vascular-targeting cancer gene therapy / Graeme J. Dougherty, Peter D. Davis, Shona T. Dougherty -- Vascular-disrupting strategies combined with bacterial spores targeting hypoxic regions of solid tumors / G-One Ahn, J. Martin Brown -- Imaging the effects of vascular-targeting agents / Susan M. Galbraith -- Clinical progress in tumor vasculature-disrupting therapies / Andrew M. Gaya, Gordon J. S. Rustin -- Use of vascular-disrupting agents in non-oncology indications / Joseph C. Randall, Scott Young.
- 2016 Thieme-ConnectWalter Grand, L. Nelson Hopkins, Adnan Siddiqui, J. Mocco.Basic anatomy -- External carotid artery -- Internal carotid artery -- Carotid-ophthalmic triangle -- Posterior communicating artery and anterior choroidal artery -- Middle cerebral artery -- Anterior cerebral and anterior communicating arteries -- Basilar bifurcation and posterior cerebral arteries -- Vertebral and basilar arteries -- Venous anatomy.
- 2015 SpringerRichard A. Watts, David G.I. Scott, Chetan Mukhtyar.In this second edition, the authors discuss the newly discovered entity of IgG4 related diseases, look in greater detail at the role of biologic treatment in ANCA associated vasculitis, and have revised the nomenclature in each chapter to reflect international consensus. The addition of illustrations as well as online video content helps the reader manage patients with these potentially devastating conditions. Vasculitis in Clinical Practice, Second Edition, is a useful and concise volume that will help physicians in training, primary care physicians and nurse practitioners in quickly and easily recognizing the key and salient points of each condition.
- 2010 SpringerRichard A. Watts, David G.I. Scott, editors.Definitions -- Classification and epidemiology -- General presentation of the vasculitides -- General principles of treatment -- Giant cell arteritis -- Takayasu arteritis -- Wegener's granulomatosis -- Churg-Strauss syndrome -- Microscopic polyangiitis -- Polyarteritis nodosa -- Kawasaki disease -- Henoch-Schonlein purpura -- Behcet's dsease -- Cryoglobulinemic vasculitis -- Vasculitis mimics -- Secondary vasculitis -- Primary angiitis of the central nervous system vasculitis -- Relapsing polychondritis -- Cogan's syndrome.
- 2015 SpringerPaolo Alboni, Raffaello Furlan, editors.This book is exceptional in being devoted solely to vasovagal syncope (VVS), the most frequent cause of transient loss of consciousness in the general population. All aspects of VVS are covered, including epidemiology, pathophysiology, diagnosis and differential diagnosis, prognosis, therapy and implications for particular activities such as work, driving and physical activity. The context for the book is that about half of the population suffer from this type of loss of consciousness during their lifetime and then often call for general practitioner and/or emergency room assistance. While many pathophysiological aspects of VVS have been clarified, others remain elusive. The diagnosis of VVS may be easy, but it is sometimes challenging. From the therapeutic standpoint, few evidence-based therapies have been established and the large majority of treatments remain unsatisfactory. Vasovagal Syncope presents the latest evidence on all these issues and will be of value for internists, cardiologists, neurologists, emergency physicians and general practitioners.
- Asbury, Taylor; Cunningham, Emmett T.; Riordan-Eva, Paul; Vaughan, Daniel; Whitcher, John.Also available: Print – 2004-<2011>
- 2009 Springeredited by Pierre Ferrier.Early steps of V(D)J rearrangement : insights from biochemical studies of RAG-RSS complexes / Patrick C. Swanson, Sushil Kumar, and Prafulla Raval -- Regulation of RAG transposition / Adam G.W. Matthews and Marjorie A. Oettinger -- Recent insights into the formation of RAG-induced chromosomal translocations / Vicky L. Brandt and David B. Roth -- V(D)J recombination deficiencies / Jean-Pierre de Villartay -- Large-scale chromatin remodeling at the immunoglobulin heavy chain locus : a paradigm for multigene regulation / Daniel J. Bolland, Andrew L. Wood, and Anne E. Corcoran -- Genetic and epigenetic control of V gene rearrangement frequency / Ann J. Feeney -- Dynamic aspects of TCRa gene recombination : qualitative and quantitative assessments of the TCRa chain repertoire in man and mouse / Evelyne Jouvin-Marche, Patrizia Fuschiotti, and Patrice Noël Marche -- Germline transcription : a key regulator of accessibility and recombination / Iratxe Abarrategui and Michael S. Krangel -- Dynamic regulation of antigen receptor gene assembly / Lance R. Thomas, Robin Milley Cobb, and Eugene M. Oltz -- Molecular genetics at the T-cell receptor b locus : insights into the regulation of V(D)J recombination / Marie Bonnet, Pierre Ferrier, and Salvatore Spicuglia -- Molecular pathways and mechanisms regulating the recombination of immunoglobulin genes during B-lymphocyte development / Kristen Johnson, Karen L. Reddy, and Harinder Singh -- Regulation of V(D)J recombinationby E-protein transcription factors / Mary Elizabeth Jones and Yuan Zhuang -- Temporal and spatial regulation of V(D)J recombination : interactions of extrinsic factors with the RAG complex / Yun Liu, Li Zhang, and Stephen Desiderio -- V(D)J recombination : of mice and sharks / Ellen Hsu -- Normal and pathological V(D)J recombination : contribution to the understanding of human lymphoid malignancies / Saïda Dadi ... [et al.].Also available: Print – 2009
- 2008 CRCnetBASEThomas S.C. Li.
- 2011 SpringerMarja Mutanen, Anne-Maria Pajari, editors.Cruciferous vegetables and biological activity of isothiocyanates and indoles -- Green leafy vegetables in cancer prevention -- The role of tomato lycopene in cancer prevention -- [Beta]-carotene and other carotenoids in cancer prevention -- The role of alliums and their sulfur and selenium constituents in cancer prevention -- Molecular mechanisms of chemoprevention with capsaicinoids for chili peppers -- Influence of dietary soy isoflavones genistein and daidzein on genotoxicity and mammary carcinogenicity in rats exposed to the model carcinogen 7, 12-dimethylbenz[a]anthracene (DMBA) -- The potential roles of seeds and seed bioactives on the prevention and treatment of breast and prostate cancer -- Nuts as part of a whole diet approach to cancer prevention -- Whole grains and their constituents in the prevention of colon cancer.
- 2015 Springer Protocolsedited by Lorna Fiedler.VEGF splicing and the role of VEGF splice variants: From physiological-pathological conditions to specific pre-mRNA splicing -- Detection and quantification of VEGF isoforms by ELISA -- Quantitation of circulating neuropilin-1 in human, monkey, mouse, and rat sera by ELISA -- Detection and quantification of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor tyrosine kinases in primary human endothelial cells -- Induction of VEGF secretion in cardiomyocytes by mechanical stretch -- Chromatin immunoprecipitation assay: Examining the interaction of NFkB with the VEGF promoter -- An overview of vegf-mediated signal transduction -- Identification of receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitors using cell surface biotinylation and affinity isolation -- Analysis of VEGF-mediated ERK5 activity in endothelial cells -- In vitro angiogenesis assays -- Chemotactic migration of endothelial cells towards VEGF-A165 -- Vasculogenesis and angiogenesis in VEGF receptor-1 deficient mice -- The embryonic mouse hindbrain and postnatal retina as in vivo models to study angiogenesis -- VEGF gene transfer to the utero-placental circulation of pregnant guinea pigs to enhance fetal growth -- VEGF gene transfer to the utero-placental circulation of pregnant sheep to enhance fetal growth -- Generation of targeted mutations in zebrafish using the CRISPR/cas system.
- 2010 CRCnetBASEChuck Wilson.
- 2010posted by Atul Gawande.
- Venomous" bites from non-venomous snakes : a critical analysis of risk and management of "colubrid" snake bites2011 ScienceDirectScott A. Weinstein, David A. Warrell, Julian White and Daniel E. Keyler.This book is the first significant contribution to thoroughly examine the potential hazards associated with snakes of the former family, Colubridae. This family contained >65% of living snake species (approximately 3,000 taxa) and has recently been split into multiple families. Many of these snakes produce oral secretions that contain toxins and other biologically-active substances. A large variety of these snakes figure in the pet industry, yet little documented information or formal study of their potential medical importance has been published. Therefore, although the possible medical importance of many of these species has been subjected to speculation since the mid-nineteenth century, there is a limited amount of useful descriptive information regarding the real hazard (or lack thereof) of snakes belonging to this diverse, artificial family. There is a need for "one-stop shopping" offering information regarding their possible toxicity and clinical relevance as well as recommendations for medical management of their bites. This book is the first synthesis of this information and includes evidence-based risk assessment, hazard rankings and specific recommendations regarding important species, many common in captivity. Fills a gap in the toxinological, medical and herpetological literature by providing a comprehensive review of this entire assemblage of snakes, with particular attention given to their capacity, real or rumored, to cause harm to humans A patient-centered, evidence-based approach is applied to analyzing documented case reports of bites inflicted by approximately 100 species. Clinical management of medically significant bites from non-front-fanged colubroids is methodically reviewed, and specific recommendations are provided.
- 2011 Springeredited by David C. Madoff, Masatoshi Makuuchi, Masato Nagino, Jean-Nicolas Vauthey.pt. 1. History and anatomy -- pt. 2. Preoperative assessment -- pt. 3. Embolization techniques -- pt. 4. Clinical outcomes -- pt. 5. Additional strategies for resection and embolization -- pt. 6. Evidence and the future.
- 2005 SpringerK. Shirato (ed.).
- 2006edited by Didier Dreyfuss, Georges Saumon, Rolf D. Hubmayr.
- 2015 SpringerMieczyslaw Pokorski, editor.Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease in Children with Cystic Fibrosis -- Sleep-Related Breathing Disorders and Bruxism -- Absence of Typical Symptoms and Comorbidities in Patients with Central Sleep Apnea -- Causes of Chronic Cough in Non-Smoking Patients -- Diseases of the Upper Respiratory Tract in Preschool and School Age Children in Ambulatory Ear Nose Throat Practice -- Assessment of Air Pollution Effects on the Respiratory System Based on Pulmonary Function Tests Performed during Spirometry Days -- Development and Evaluation of Predictive Models in Tuberculous Pleuritis -- The Influence of Asthma Exacerbations on Health-Related Quality of Life -- Increased Serum IgA in Children with IgA Nephropathy, Severity of Kidney Biopsy Findings and Long-Term Outcomes -- Product Failures in Respirators and Consumables: Analysis of Field Safety Notices of 2005-2013 publicized by the Federal Institute for Drugs and Medical Devices in Germany.Also available: Print – 2015
- 2008edited by Nicolino Ambrosino, Roger S. Goldstein.
- 2010 SpringerStefano Nava, Francesco Fanfulla.
- 2014 SpringerShunei Kyo, editor.This book focuses on how ventricular assist devices (VADs) can help provide destination therapy for patients with terminal heart failure, one of the most serious diseases in the world today because of the tremendous number of patients, the high mortality rate, and the cost of care. One means of providing cardiological support for patients suffering from heart failure is with VADs, and more than 10,000 patients worldwide have now been implanted with these devices. Half of them already have lived more than one year, and 2,000 patients more than two years, after surgery. This improved survival means that we have reached a point where VADs can be used for destination therapy, not just for bridge-to-recovery or bridge-to-transplant. In view of the increasing number of patients with advanced-stage heart failure and the availability and longevity of transplanted hearts, VADs can solve many problems. In addition to providing information about the devices themselves, this book includes vital guidelines on long-term management and support of VAD-implanted patients' everyday lives.
- Ventricular geometry in post-myocardial infarction aneurysms : implications for surgical ventricular restoration2012 SpringerV. Rao Parachuri, Srilakshmi M. Adhyapak.Anatomy of the Myocardium in the Normal Left Ventricle -- Normal Left Ventricular Dynamics: Contraction and Relaxation Patterns -- Altered Left Ventricular Geometry in Ischemic Cardiomyopathy -- Altered Ventricular Function in Ischemic Cardiomyopathy -- Hemodynamics in Ischemic Cardiomyopathy: Left Ventricular Aneurysm Formation -- Evolution of Techniques of Surgical Ventricular Restoration: From Linear Repair to Endoventricular Linear Patch Plasty -- The Surgical Technique of Linear Endoventricular Patch Plasty -- Surgical Ventricular Restoration by the Technique of Endoventricular Linear Patch Plasty: Long-Term Clinical Results -- The Impact of Surgical Technique on Cardiac Hemodynamics Following Surgical Ventricular Restoration -- Recent Controversies: To STICH or Not to STICH? -- Role of Electrophysiological Testing, Intracardiac Defibrillator Implantation, and Concomitant Surgical Procedures in Patients with Left Ventricular Aneurysms Presenting with Ventricular Tachycardia -- Role of Mitral Valve Surgery in Surgical Ventricular Restoration for Left Ventricular Aneurysms.
- 1935-von Erik Lysholm, Bertil Ebenius und Hans Sahlstedt.I.t. Röntgentechnik. -- II.t. Die seitenventrikel. -- III.t. Dritter und vierter ventrikel. --
- 1935-von Erik Lysholm, Bertil Ebenius und Hans Sahlstedt.I.t. Röntgentechnik. -- II.t. Die seitenventrikel. -- III.t. Dritter und vierter ventrikel. --
- 2007[produced by a WHO-led expert group including Carla AbouZahr ... et al.].
- von Prof. Dr. H. Jordan.v. 1. Die Ernährung.Also available: Print – v. 1, 1913.
- v. 1-2, 1963.chairmen: H. Dennig, H. Lettré ; secretary general: H. P. Kuemmerle ; editors: H. P. Kuemmerle, P. Preziosi ; associate editors: L. Dettli [and others]
- 2010 Springer[di] Matteo Balestrieri ... [et al.].
- C. Michael Pilato, Ben Collins-Sussman, and Brian W. Fitzpatrick.
- 2011 Springer Protocolsedited by Francisco J. Pelegri.Approaches and species in the history of vertebrate embryology / Nick Hopwood -- Manipulating and imaging the early Xenopus laevis embryo / Michael V. Danilchik -- Manipulation of gene function in Xenopus laevis / Mizuho S. Mimoto and Jan L. Christian -- Developmental genetics in Xenopus tropicalis / Timothy J. Geach and Lyle B. Zimmerman -- Embryological and genetic manipulation of chick development / Laura S. Gammill and Catherine E. Krull -- Embryological manipulations in zebrafish / Yuhua Sun, Dorota Wloga, and Scott T. Dougan -- Practical approaches for implementing forward genetic strategies in zebrafish / Sreelaja Nair and Francisco J. Pelegri -- Essential techniques for introducing medaka to a zebrafish laboratory -- towards the combined use of medaka and zebrafish for further genetic dissection of the function of the vertebrate genome / Sean R. Porazinski, Huijia Wang, and Makoto Furutani-Seiki -- Ex utero culture and live imaging of mouse embryos / Anna Piliszek, Gloria S. Kwon, and Anna-Katerina Hadjantonakis -- Detection of gene expression in mouse embryos and tissue sections / Edwina McGlinn and Jennifer H. Mansfield -- Gene targeting in the mouse / Anne E. Griep [and others] -- Creating a "hopeful monster" : mouse forward genetic screens / Vanessa L. Horner and Tamara Caspary -- Assisted reproductive technology in nonhuman primates / Tien-cheng Arthur Chang and Anthony W.S. Chan -- Embryological methods in ascidians : the Villefranche-sur-Mer protocols / Christian Sardet [and others] -- Ciona genetics / Michael T. Veeman, Shota Chiba, and William C. Smith -- Analyses of gene function in Amphioxus embryos by microinjection of mRNAs and morpholino oligonucleotides / Linda Z. Holland and Takayuki Onai -- Reptile embryology / Matthew K. Vickaryous and Katherine E. McLean -- Reproductive and developmental manipulation of the marsupial, the tammar wallaby Macropus eugenii / Marilyn B. Renfree and Andrew J. Pask -- Mutant generation in vertebrate model organisms by TILLING / Sylke Winkler, Nicola Gscheidel, and Michael Brand -- Inducing high rates of targeted mutagenesis in zebrafish using zinc finger nucleases (ZFNs) / Jasmine M. McCammon, Yannick Doyon, and Sharon L. Amacher -- Derivation of mouse embryonic stem cell lines from blastocysts produced by fertilization and somatic cell nuclear transfer / Zhongde Wang -- Cloning mice and ES cells by nuclear transfer from somatic stem cells and fully differentiated cells / Zhongde Wang -- Keeping two animal systems in one lab -- a frog plus fish case study / Hazel Sive -- Laboratory guidelines for animal care / Marcelo Couto.
- 2006. Kargervolume editor, Jean-Nicolas Volff.The human genome and its upcoming dynamics / M. Platzer -- Primate genomes / H. Herlyn, H. Zischler -- The mouse genome / S.D.M. Brown, J.M. Hancock -- The dog genome / F. Galibert, C. André -- The feline genome / W.J. Murphy -- The bovine genome / J.E. Womack -- The sheep genome / N.E. Cockett -- Cracking the genomic piggy bank : identifying secrets of the pig genome / B.E. Mote, M.F. Rothschild -- The horse genome / B.P. Chowdhary, T. Raudsepp -- Marsupial and monotreme genomes / E. Koina, J. Fong, J.A. Marshall Graves -- The chicken genome / D.W. Burt -- Insights from Xenopus genomes / N. Pollet, A. Mazabraud -- The Tetraodon genome / H. Roest Crollius -- The medaka genome : why we need multiple fish models in vertebrate functional genomics / H. Mitani ... [et al.] -- The zebrafish genome : a review and msx gene case study / J.H. Postlethwait -- Urochordate genomes / N. Satoh ... [et al.].
- Vaccination : a tool for the control of avian influenza : Verona, Italy, 20-22 March, 2007 : proceedings of a joint OIE/FAO/IZSVe conference co-organised with the European Commission — Vertebrate genomes (100)
- Vertebrate hair cells — Visualization and processing of tensor fields (100)
- Visualization in medicine and life sciences — VU/TEXT (54)
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Access restricted to Stanford community
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
Can't find it?
Look if we have it in print
- Springer Protocols
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more.
Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.MicroMedex: Premier pharmaceutical information source containing multiple databases and drug reference tools. Of particular value is DRUGDEX Evaluations, one of the most comprehensive drug sources available.DynaMed is a clinical information resource used by physicians to answer clinical questions quickly and easily at the point of care. Topics are updated daily as new evidence becomes available.Scopus is the largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature: scientific journals, books and conference proceedings.A drug information resource containing: American Hospital Formulary System (AHFS), drug formulary for Lucile Packard Children's Hospital (LPCH) and Stanford Hospital & Clinics (SHC), Lexi-Drugs (adverse reactions, dosage and administration, mechanism of action, storage, use, and administration information), Lexi-Calc, Lexi-ID, Lexi-I.V. Compatibility (King Guide), Lexi-Interact, and Lexi-PALS.Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature (CINAHL) contains coverage of nursing and allied health literature.A knowledge database that provides access to topic reviews based on over 6000 clinically relevant articles. The evidence-based content, updated regularly, provides the latest practice guidelines in 59 medical specialtiesProvides critical assessments of systematic reviews compiled from a variety of medical journals.Selects from the biomedical literature original studies and systematic reviews that are immediately clinically relevant and then summarizes these articles in an enhanced abstract with expert commentary.
Multidisciplinary coverage of over 10,000 high-impact journals in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities, as well as international proceedings coverage for over 120,000 conferences.
Includes cited reference searching, citation maps, and an analyze tool.
Features systematic reviews that summarize the effects of interventions and makes a determination whether the intervention is efficacious or not.
Cochrane reviews are created through a strict process of compiling and analyzing data from multiple randomized control trials to ensure comprehensiveness and reliability.Provides systematic coverage of the psychological literature from the 1800s to the present through articles, book chapters and dissertations.BMJ Clinical Evidence. A clinical information tool built around systematic reviews summarizing the current state of knowledge about prevention and treatment of clinical conditions.PIER (Physicians' Information and Education Resource) is a Web-based decision-support tool designed for rapid point-of-care delivery of up-to-date, evidence-based guidance for primary care physicians.Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials (CENTRAL) provides access to 300,000 controlled trials that have been identified the Cochrane Collaboration.Provides drug information targeted for patients.A continually updating drug monograph.The National Guideline Clearinghouse (NGC): A comprehensive database of evidence-based clinical practice guidelines and related documents.MedlinePlus: A repository of health information from the National Library of Medicine. Links are from trusted sites. No advertising, no endorsement of commercial companies or productsLPCH CareNotes via MicroMedex: Patient education handouts customized by LPCH clinical staffMicromedex Lab Advisor: Evidence based laboratory test informationA drug database organized by generic name, trade name and drug class.LPCH / Stanford Hospital Formulary.A goldmine of trusted consumer health information from the world's largest medical library.A trusted source of expert advice for and about kids, providing the information necessary to help patients and parents understand their unique needs.Provides patient handouts from the American Academy of Family Physician.Access to the Stanford Health Library for patients.Lane provides access to over 5,000 eBooks many of which provide helpful background material that will prepare you to better tackle primary literature.
Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities.
In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.
A web-based, decision support system for infectious diseases, epidemiology, microbiology and antimicrobial chemotherapy. The database, updated weekly, currently includes 337 diseases, 224 countries, 1,147 microbial taxa and 306 antibacterial (-fungal, -parasitic, -viral) agents and vaccines.
Over 10,000 notes outline the status of specific infections within each country.
Provides online, full-text access to Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers.
Subjects include: life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics and astronomy, engineering and economics. Also includes eBooks.Collection of over 8 thousand fulltext titles in engineering, math, and basic and applied biomedical research. Coverage is from 1967 to the present.A library of ebooks on a wide array of topics, digitized and made available online in conjunction with the original publishers.