- U.S. Commitment to Global Health. Rec...
- — Urethral reconstructive surgery ........
- Urinalysis and body fluids. 5th ed. ....
- — Uveitis. 3rd ed. .......................
- Summary -- Charge to the committee -- a prominent role for health in U.S. foreign policy -- Progress in global health can be achieved now -- Urgent opportunity for action -- Restructure the U.S. global health enterprise -- Mobilize financial resources for health -- Focus U.S. government efforts on health outcomes -- Advance U.S. strengths in global health knowledge -- Support and collaborate with the WHO -- Call to action.
- The U.S. Commitment to Global Health examines ways in which the United States could contribute to advances in global health, including the following four areas of action: Generate and share knowledge to address problems endemic to poor countries, Invest in people, institutions, and capacity building in resource-poor settings, Increase both quantity and quality of U.S. financial commitments to global health, Be a respectful partner and leader.
- U.S. decennial life tables for 1989-91. Volume II, State life tables 1989-, CDC, Scroll down to U.S. Decennial Life Tables for 1989 to 1991.no. 1. Alabama -- no. 2. Alaska -- no. 3. Arizona -- no. 4. Arkansas -- no. 5. California -- no. 6. Colorado -- no. 7. Connecticut -- no. 8. Delaware -- no. 9. District of Columbia -- no. 10. Florida -- no. 11. Georgia -- no. 12. Hawaii -- no. 13. Idaho -- no. 14. Illinois -- no. 15. Indiana -- no. 16. Iowa -- no. 17. Kansas -- no. 18. Kentucky -- no. 19. Louisiana -- no. 20. Maine -- no. 21. Maryland -- no. 22. Massachusetts -- no. 23. Michigan -- no. 24. Minnesota -- no. 25. Mississippi -- no. 26. Missouri -- no. 27. Montana -- no. 28. Nebraska -- no. 29. Nevada -- no. 30. New Hampshire -- no. 31. New Jersey -- no. 32. New Mexico -- no. 33. New York -- no. 34. North Carolina -- no. 35. North Dakota -- no. 36. Ohio -- no. 37. Oklahoma -- no. 38. Oregon -- no. 39. Pennsylvania -- no. 40. Rhode Island -- no. 41. South Carolina -- no. 42. South Dakota -- no. 43. Tennessee -- no. 44. Texas -- no. 46. Vermont -- no. 47. Virginia -- no. 48. Washington -- no. 49. West Virginia -- no. 50. Wisconsin-- no. 51. Wyoming.
- Ubiquitin and protein degradation. Part A-B pt. A-B, 2005., ScienceDirectpt. B, 2005 ScienceDirect
- Ubiquitin system in health and disease 2009, Springer
- Ubiquitin-proteasome protocols 2005, Springer ProtocolsAssays of proteasome-dependent cleavage products / Stefan Tenzer and Hansjörg Schild -- Identification of components of protein complexes / Carol E. Parker ... [et al.] -- Mass spectroscometric determination of protein ubiqitination / Carol E. Parker ... [et al.] -- Reconstitution of endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation using yeast membranes and cytosol / Robert J. Lee, Ardythe A. McCracken, and Jeffrey L. Brodsky -- Reticulocyte lysate as a model system to study endoplasmic reticulum membrane protein degradation / Eric Carlson ... [et al.] -- Deubiquitinating enzyme purifucation, assay inhibitors and characterization / Nathaniel S. Russell and Keith D. Wilkinson -- Measuring ubiquitin conjugation in cells / Edward G. Mimnaugh and Leonard M. Neckers -- Assays for proteasome assembly and maturation / R. Jürgen Dohmen ... [et al.] --N-terminal ubiquitination / Aaron Ciechanover -- Quantitating defective ribosome products / Shu-Bing Qian, Jack R. Bennink, and Jonathan W. Yewdell -- Endoplasmic reticulum-associated protein quality control and degradation: screen for ERAD mutants after ethylmethane sulfonate mutagenesis / Antje Schäfer and Dieter H. Wolf -- Endoplasmic reticulum-associated protein quality control and degradation: genome wide screen for ERAD components / Antje Schäfer and Dieter H. Wolf -- Cystic fibrosis transmembrane conducatance regulator as a model substrate to study endoplasmic reticulum protein quality control in mammalian cells / J. Michael Younger ... [et al.] -- Aggresome formation / Michael J. Corboy, Philip J. Thomas, and W. Christian Wigley -- Detection of sumoylated proteins / Roland S. Hilgarth and Kevin D. Sarge -- Proteasome inhibitors in cancer therapy / Robert Z. Orlowski -- Parkinson disease: assays for the ubiquitin ligase activity of neural parkin / Michael G. Schlossmacher and Hideki Shimura.Small-molecule inhibitors of proteasome activity / Maria Gaczynska and Pawel A. Osmulski -- Purification of E1 and E1-like enzymes / Arthur L. Haas -- Assays for RING family ubiquitin ligases / Manabu Furukawa, Paul S. Andrews, and Yue Xiong -- Ubiquitin chain synthesis / Shahri Raasi and Cecile M. Pickart -- Purification of proteasomes, proteasome subcomplexes, and proteasome-associated proteins from budding yeast / David S. Leggett, Michael H. Glickman, and Daniel Finley -- Recognition and processing of misfolded proteins by PA700, the 19S regulatory complex of the 26S proteasome / Chang-Wei Liu ... [et al.] -- Cell-free assay for ubiquitin-independent proteasomal protein degradation / Chaim Kahana and Yuval Reiss --
- UBIQUITY: TECHNOLOGIES FOR BETTER HEALTH IN AGING SOCIETIES Lane Catalog record
- UHMWPE handbook 2004, ScienceDirect
- Covers science and technology in all areas of industrial chemistry, containing nearly 1000 major articles with more than 16 million words, nearly 10,000 tables, 30,000 figures, and literature sources and cross-references. It also includes full text index, author index, CAS registry number index, and keyword index.
- Strange bedfellows : libraries and their vendors -- Sizing up the DOT-COM competition -- Business challenges to library practices -- Business models for digital library services -- Sheep in wolves' clothing : working inside and outside the library -- Libraries are not all business -- First principles : patron privacy, anonymity, and confidentiality -- Radical notions and conclusions.
- Ultra high field magnetic resonance imaging 2006, Springer
- Ultrashort laser pulses in biology and medicine 2008, SpringerUltrahigh-resolution optical coherence tomography using femtosecond lasers /J. G. Fujimoto ... [et al.] --Two-photon laser scanning microscopy /A. Nimmerjahn, P. Theer, F. Helmchen --Femtosecond lasers in ophthalmology: surgery and imaging /J. F. Bille --Ultrafast peptide and protein dynamics by vibrational spectroscopy /P. Hamm --Photosynthetic light-harvesting /T. Pullerits, T. Polivka, V. Sundström --Primary photosynthetic energy conversion in bacterial reaction centers /W. Zinth, J. Wachtveitl --Ultrafast primary reactions in the photosystems of oxygen-evolving organisms /A. R. Holzwarth --Primary photochemistry in the photoactive yellow protein: the prototype xanthopsin /D. S. Larsen, R. van Grondelle, K. J. Hellingwerf --Structure based kinetics by time-resolved X-ray crystallography /M. Schmidt --Primary reactions in retinal proteins /R. Diller --Ultrashort laser pulses in single molecule spectroscopy /E. Houstein, P. Schwille.
- Ultrasonic nondestructive evaluation 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Ultrasonography in vascular diagnosis. 2nd ed. 2011, Springer
- Ultrasonography in vascular diagnosis. [1st English ed.] 2005, Springer
- Ultrasonography of the pancreas 2012, SpringerUltrasound Imaging /Anna Gallotti and Fabrizio Calliada --Transabdominal Ultrasonography of the Pancreas /Elisabetta Buscarini and Salvatore Greco --Endoscopic Ultrasonography of the Pancreas /Elisabetta Buscarini and Stefania De Lisi --Percutaneous Ultrasound Guided Interventional Procedures in Pancreatic Diseases /Elisabetta Buscarini and Guido Manfredi --Intraoperative Ultrasonography of the Pancreas /Mirko D'Onofrio, Emilio Barbi, Riccardo De Robertis, Francesco Principe and Anna Gallotti, et al. --Pancreatic Anatomy, Variants and Pseudolesions of the Pancreas /Emilio Barbi, Salvatore Sgroi, Paolo Tinazzi, Stefano Canestrini and Anna Gallotti, et al. --Pancreatitis and Pseudocysts /Steffen Rickes and Holger Neye --Solid Pancreatic Tumors /Christoph F. Dietrich, Michael Hocke, Anna Gallotti and Mirko D'Onofrio --Cystic Pancreatic Tumors /Mirko D'Onofrio, Paolo Giorgio Arcidiacono and Massimo Falconi --Rare Pancreatic Tumors /Roberto Malagò, Ugolino Alfonsi, Camilla Barbiani, Andrea Pezzato and Roberto Pozzi Mucelli --Imaging Correlation /Marie-Pierre Vullierme and Enrico Martone --Pancreatic Lesions: Pathologic Correlations /Paola Capelli and Alice Parisi --Clinical and Imaging Scenarios /Anna Gallotti and Riccardo Manfredi --Flowcharts in Pancreatic Diseases /Elisabetta Buscarini.
- Ultrasound 2001, Ovid
- Ultrasound and carotid bifurcation atherosclerosis 2012, Springer
- Ultrasound diagnostics of thyroid diseases 2010, Springer
- Ultrasound imaging 2012, Springer
- Ultrasound in gynecology: development and continuing evolution -- Applied physics: selecting and adjusting the equipment -- Instrumentation, modality selection, and documentation -- Conducting the gynecologic ultrasound examination -- Relevant pelvic anatomy -- Adenomyosis -- Congenital uterine anomalies -- Adnexal masses -- Menopausal dilemmas: how ultrasound has changed clinical management -- Lower urinary tract -- Early pregnancy -- Pregnancy failure -- Ectopic pregnancy -- Infertility -- Sonohysterography -- Ultrasound-guided procedures in gynecology -- Color doppler mapping in gynecology -- Transvaginal sonography and ovarian cancer -- Three-dimensional ultrasound in gynecology -- Ultrasound-enhanced bimanual examination -- Differential diagnosis of inflammatory diseases of the pelvis -- Pearls and pitfalls of transvaginal sonography.
- v. 1: Obstetrics
- Ultrasound of the gastrointestinal tract 2007, Springer
- Ultrasound of the musculoskeletal system 2007, Springer
- Ultrasound of the thyroid and parathyroid glands 2012, Springer
- Ultrasound-guided musculoskeletal procedures. The upper limb 2012, Springerpt. 1.General Aspects of US-guided Musculoskeletal Procedures --General Aspects of US-guided Musculoskeletal Procedures /Armando Conchiglia, Lorenzo Maria Gregori, Luigi Zugaro and Carlo Masciocchi --pt. I.The Shoulder --The Shoulder: Focused US Anatomy and Examination Technique /Enzo Silvestri and Davide Orlandi --Subacromial-Subdeltoid Bursa Injections /Enzo Silvestri --Treament of Calcific Tendinitis of the Rotator Cuff /Giovanni Serafini and Luca Maria Sconfienza --Calcific Enthesopathy Dry-Needling /Francesca Lacelli --Hyaluronic Supplementation of the Subacromial Space /Giovanni Serafini --Intra-articular Injections /Francesca Lacelli --Long Head of the Biceps Brachii Tendon Injection /Luca Maria Sconfienza --Acromioclavicular Joint Injection /Enzo Silvestri --pt. II.The Elbow --The Elbow: Focused US Anatomy and Examination Technique /Enzo Silvestri and Emanuele Fabbro --Treatment of Lateral Epicondylitis /Giovanni Serafini --Treatment of Medial Epicondylitis /Enzo Silvestri --Olecranon Bursa Drainage /Francesca Lacelli --Intra-articular Injections /Luca Maria Sconfienza --pt. III.The Wrist --The Wrist: Focused US Anatomy and Examination Technique /Enzo Silvestri and Giulio Ferrero --Treament of De Quervain's Disease and Other Forms of Tenosynovitis /Giovanni Serafini --Articular Ganglia Drainage /Leonardo Callegari --Trapeziometacarpal Joint Injection /Francesca Lacelli --Radiocarpal Joint Injections /Luca Maria Sconfienza --pt. IV.The Hand --The Hand: Focused US Anatomy and Examination Technique --Francesca Lacelli and Chiara Martini --Treatment of Trigger Finger /Leonardo Callegari --Intra-articular Injections: Metacarpophalangeal and Interphalangeal Joints /Luca Maria Sconfienza.
- Ultrasound. 2nd ed. 2004
- Ultrasound. Rev. translation of 3rd German ed. 2007, Thieme BookBasic physical and technical principles -- The ultrasound examination -- Ultrasound documentation and reporting -- Function studies -- Interventional ultrasound -- Principal signs and symptoms -- Arteries and veins -- Cervical vessels -- Liver -- Kidney and adrenal gland -- Pancreas -- Spleen -- Bile ducts -- Gallbladder -- Gastrointestinal tract -- Urogenital tract -- Thorax -- Thyroid gland -- Major salivary glands -- Postoperative ultrasound -- Search for occult tumors.
- Ultrasound: The Requisites (2004 ed) Lane Catalog record
- Ultrastructure of mast cells and basophils 2005, Karger
- Ultraviolet spectroscopy and UV lasers 2002, CRCnetBASE
- UML for developing knowledge management systems 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Part 1:Guidance document on characterizing and communicating uncertainty in exposure assessment --Part 2:Hallmarks of data quality in chemical exposure assessment.
- Uncertainty modeling and analysis in engineering and the sciences 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Underdetermination 2008, Springer
- Understanding and measuring the shelf-life of food 2004, CRCnetBASETheMajor types of food spoilage : an overview /R. P. Singh, B. A. Anderson --Shelf-life and moisture management /R. Esse, A. Saari --Temperature and food stability : analysis and control /P. S. Taoukis, M. C. Giannakourou --Genetic and physiological factors affecting colour and firmness /R. E. Schouten ... [et al.] --Spoilage yeasts /T. Deak --Factors affecting the Maillard reaction /A. Arnoldi --Factors affecting lipid oxidation /M. H. Gordon --Lipolysis in lipid oxidation /C. Davies --Ways of measuring shelf-life and spoilage /T. K. Singh, K. R. Cadwallader --Verification and validation of food spoilage models /G. D. Betts, S. J. Walker --Measuring and modelling the glass transition temperature /I. A. Farhat --Detecting spoilage yeasts /V. Loureiro, M. Malfeito-Ferreira, A. Carreira --Measuring lipid oxidation /J. W. Irwin, N. Hedges --Accelerated shelf-life tests /S. Mizrahi --Shelf-life testing /C. M. D. Man --Lipid oxidation and the shelf-life of muscle foods /P. A. Morrissey, J. P. Kerry.
- Understanding and preventing falls 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Understanding antimicrobial exposure and clostridium difficile infection Lane Catalog record
- Understanding atrial fibrillation pt. 1-2, 2008
- Understanding autism 2006, CRCnetBASEIntegrating basic and clinical neuroscience perspectives, this book presents a comprehensive perspective on state-of-the-art research in epidemiology, genetics, and clinical neuroscience and neural systems implicated in autism. This book seeks to stimulate new directions for autism research on etiology, pathophysiology, and the development of new drug treatment. An underlying theme focuses on the potential for future research given the availability of the human, mouse, and other genomes. The text also explores the role of autism in society, including health economics and advocacy issues of interest to legislators.
- Understanding biology using peptides 2006, Springer
- Understanding biotechnology 2003, ProQuest SafariHistory: from biology to biotechnology. Advent of biotechnology ; Biotechnology prior to the 21st century ; Production of proteins ; Human genome project -- Genetic engineering. Central dogma ; Gene structure ; Viruses ; Gene manipulation ; Engineering genes -- Transformation. Principles of genetic transformation ; Methods of genetic transformation ; Bottlenecks in transformation ; Genetic engineering products ; Potential of transformation ; Gene expression ; Transgenic locus -- Biotechnological products. Economic aspects ; Transgenic animals ; Transgenics in agriculture ; Final considerations -- Biosafety. U.S. regulatory agencies ; Biosafety in other countries ; Biotechnology in agriculture ; Concerns about biotechnology -- Cloning. Technical hurdles in cloning ; Therapeutic cloning ; Human clones --Gene therapy. Genetic defects ; Vectors for gene delivery ; Gene therapy risks ; DNA vaccines ; Germ-line cell therapy ; Stem cell therapy ; Final considerations -- Pharmacogenomics. Pharmaceuticals and side effects ; Pharmaceuticals and genomes ; Hope for cures -- Molecular markers. DNA fingerprinting ; RFLP ; PCR -- Forensic DNA. DNA analysis ; Paternity tests ; Genomic pictures ; Final considerations -- Bioremediation. Depolluting organisms ; Final considerations -- Biodiversity. Preservation of biodiversity ; Genetic erosion ; Gene banks ; Biopiracy ; Final considerations -- Bioterrorism. Human pathogens of potential use in bioterrorism ; Toxins ; Biodefenses ; Agroterrorism ; Recommendations ; Final considerations -- Bioethics. Ethics and genetic engineering ; Genetic privacy ; Patent of genes ; Human "races" ; Trading human life ; Human cloning ; Stem cells ; Eugenics ; Biotechnology and Christian faith ; Case studies ; Final considerations.
- Some introductory concepts in tumor biology: clonal evolution and autonomy versus non-autonomy of cancer cells -- The cell's life and death: cell cycle, senescence and apoptosis -- Oncogenes -- Tumor-suppressor genes -- Genomic instability -- A twist in the (genetic) tail: cancer epigenetics -- Nonautonomous interactions in carcinogenesis: role of the tumor stroma -- Telomerase and cellular immortality -- tumor angiogenesis -- Metastasis -- Tissue context as a determinant of the tumor-suppressive or oncogenic function of certain genes -- Cancer stem cells -- Determination of therapeutic efficacy-pharmacogenomics -- Certain chemicals induce cancer: chemical carcinogenesis -- Hormones and cancer -- Viral oncogenesis -- Cooperation of multiple biological processes is needed for the development of fully fledged malignancy -- Carcinogenesis in vivo: animal models and basic approaches to generate genetically modified animals -- Multistage carcinogenesis in humans: molecular epidemiology and the colon cancer model -- Epilogue.
- Understanding consumers of food products 2007, CRCnetBASEpt. 1. Key influences on consumer food choice -- pt. 2. Product attributes and consumer food choice -- pt. 3. Diversity in consumer food choice: cultural and individual difference -- pt. 4. Consumers, food and health -- pt. 5. Consumer attitude, food policy and practice.
- Understanding digital libraries. 2nd ed. 2004, ScienceDirect
- Understanding DNA. 3rd ed. 2004, ScienceDirectAn introduction to molecular biology for non-scientiest -- Why a helix? -- Different kinds of double helix -- Twisting and curving -- Curving in three dimensions -- DNA supercoiling -- The assembly of DNA into chromosomes -- Specific DNA-protein interactions -- Methods used to study the structure of DNA -- DNA in disease, diagnostics, and medicine -- Cytosine methylation and DNA epigenetics.
- Understanding drug release and absorption mechanisms 2007, CRCnetBASEMathematical modeling -- Gastrointestinal tract and skin -- Rheology -- Mass transport -- Drug dissolution and partitioning -- Dissolution of crystallites: size effectson on the solubility -- Drug release from matrix systems -- Drug release from microemulsions -- Drug permeation through membranes.
- Understanding emotions. 1st ed. 2006, ScienceDirect
- Understanding fluorescein angiography = 2006, Springer
- Understanding health policy. 5th ed. Lane Catalog record
- Understanding health policy. 6th ed. 2012, AccessMedicineIntroduction: the paradox of excess and deprivation -- Paying for health care -- Access to health care -- Reimbursing health care providers -- How health care is organised--I: primary, secondary, and tertiary care -- How health care is organised--II: health delivery systems -- Health care workforce and the education of health professionals -- Painful versus painless cost control -- Mechanisms for controlling costs -- Quality of health care -- Prevention of illness -- Long-term care -- Medical ethics and rationing of health care -- Health care in four nations -- Health care reform and national health insurance -- Conflict and change in America's health care system -- Conclusion: tensions and challenges -- Questions and discussion topics.
- Understanding mass spectra. 2nd ed. 2004, Wileych. 1. Instrumentation, p. 1-55 -- ch. 2. Elemental Composition from Peak Intensities, p. 56-98 -- ch. 3. Ionization, Fragmentation, and Electron Accounting, p. 99-120 -- ch. 4. Neutral Losses and Ion Series, p. 121-149 -- ch. 5. A Rational Approach to Mass Spectral Problem Solving, p. 150-163 -- ch. 6. α-Cleavage and Related Fragmentations, p. 164-206 -- ch. 7. Important Mass Spectral Rearrangements, p. 207-237 -- ch. 8. Rationalizing Mass Spectral Fragmentations, p. 238-256 -- ch. 9. Structure Determination in Complex Molecules Using Mass Spectrometry, p. 257-286 -- ch. 10. Answers to Problems, p. 287-352.
- Understanding mechanical ventilation. 2nd ed. 2010, SpringerHistorical Aspects of Mechanical Ventilation / Ashfaq Hasan -- The Indications for Mechanical Ventilation / Ashfaq Hasan -- Physiological Considerations in the Mechanically Ventilated Patient / Ashfaq Hasan -- The Conventional Modes of Mechanical Ventilation / Ashfaq Hasan -- Ventilator Settings / Ashfaq Hasan -- Ventilator Alarms / Ashfaq Hasan -- Monitoring Gas Exchange in the Mechanically Ventilated Patient / Ashfaq Hasan -- Monitoring Lung Mechanics in the Mechanically Ventilated Patient / Ashfaq Hasan -- Mechanical Ventilation in Specific Disorders / Ashfaq Hasan -- The Complications of Mechanical Ventilation / Ashfaq Hasan -- Ventilator-Associated Pneumonia / Ashfaq Hasan -- Discontinuation of Mechanical Ventilation / Ashfaq Hasan -- Noninvasive Ventilation in Acute Respiratory Failure / Ashfaq Hasan -- Negative Pressure Ventilation / Ashfaq Hasan -- Airway Humidification in the Mechanically Ventilated Patient / Ashfaq Hasan -- Aerosol Therapy in the Mechanically Ventilated Patient / Ashfaq Hasan -- Nonconventional Modes and Adjunctive Therapies for Mechanical Ventilation / Ashfaq Hasan -- Case Studies / Ashfaq Hasan.
- Understanding MySQL internals 2007, ProQuest Safari
- Understanding pathogen behaviour 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Understanding periodontal research 2012, SpringerEvidence-Based Periodontology --Ethical Considerations in Periodontal Research --Overview of Clinical Research Design Architecture --Randomized Controlled Clinical Trials --Bias in Periodontal Research --Measurement Reliability in Periodontal Research --Compliance Considerations in Clinical Trial Design --Performing Systematic Reviews and Meta-Analyses --Statistical Versus Clinical Significance in Periodontal Research --Clinical Practice Guidelines in Periodontology --Multilevel Modelling in Periodontal Research --Contemporary Concepts in the Diagnosis of Periodontal Disease --A Guide to Diagnostic Accuracy Studies in Periodontology --Clinical Trials Principles for Evaluation of Antimicrobial Drugs in Periodontal Disease Treatment --The Hawthorne Effect --Clinical Trial Principles for Evaluation of Products Used in the Management of Oral Malodour --Challenges in Periodontal Genetics Research --Quantification of Gingival, Periodontal, and Oral Hygiene Status in Periodontal Research Environment --Aspects of the Research Methodology for Periodontal Disease Assessment in Epidemiological Surveys --Assessing Confounding and Effect Modification of Periodontitis-Systemic Disease Associations --Animal Models in Periodontal Research.
- Differential diagnosis of voice problems -- Morphology of vocal fold mucosa : histology to genomics -- Phonotrauma : its effects on phonatory physiology -- Voice problems associated with nervous system involvement -- Voice problems associated with organic disease, and trauma -- Voice problems associated with the pediatric and the geriatric voice -- The voice history, examination and testing -- Surgical and medical management of voice disorders -- Voice rehabilitation -- Anatomy of the vocal fold mechanism -- Phonatory physiology -- Neuroanatomy of the vocal mechanism -- Some normative data on the voice.
- Understanding your users 2004, ScienceDirectIntroduction to user requirements -- Before you choose an activity : learning about your product and users -- Ethical and legal considerations -- Setting up facilities for your user requirements activity -- Preparing for your user requirements activity -- During your user requirements activity -- Interviews -- Surveys -- Wants and needs analysis -- Card sorting -- Group task analysis -- Focus groups -- Studies -- Concluding your activity.
- Undocumented secrets of MATLAB-Java programming 2012, CRCnetBASE"Preface The Matlab programming environment uses Java for numerous tasks, including networking, data-processing algorithms, and graphical user-interface (GUI). Matlab's internal Java classes can often be easily accessed and used by Matlab users. Matlab also enables easy access to external Java functionality, either third-party or user-created. Using Java, we can extensively customize the Matlab environment and application GUI, enabling the creation of very esthetically pleasing applications. Unlike Matlab's interface with other programming languages, the internal Java classes and the Matlab-Java interface were never fully documented by The MathWorks (TMW), the company that manufactures the Matlab product. This is really quite unfortunate: Java is one of the most widely used programming languages, having many times as many programmers as Matlab. Using this huge pool of knowledge and components can significantly improve Matlab applications. As a consultant, I often hear clients claim that Matlab is a fine programming platform for prototyping, but is not suitable for real-world modern-looking applications. This book aimed at correcting this misconception. It shows how using Java can significantly improve Matlab program appearance and functionality and that this can be done easily and even without any prior Java knowledge. In fact, many basic programming requirements cannot be achieved (or are difficult) in pure Matlab, but are very easy in Java. As a simple example, maximizing and minimizing windows is not possible in pure Matlab, but is a trivial one-liner using the underlying Java codeʹ:"--Provided by publisher.
- Unequal treatment 2002, NAP
- Unfolded protein response and cellular stress. Part A-C. 1st ed. pt. A-C, 2011., ScienceDirectpt. B ScienceDirectpt. C ScienceDirect
- Unified modeling language reference manual. 2nd ed. 2005, ProQuest Safari
- Unity of science in the Arabic tradition 2008, Springer
- Universal design for Web applications. 1st ed. SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.
- Universes in delicate balance 2002, ScienceDirect
- Universities and science in the early modern period 2006, Springer"Mathematics for astronomy" at universities in Copernicus' time /Grazina Rosińska --The University of Salamanca and the renaissance of astronomy during the second half of the 15th century /José Chabás --Medical science and medical teachings at the University of Salamanca in the 15th century /Luis García Ballester --The faculty of medicine of Valencia /José M. López Piñero --The cultivation of astronomy in Spanish universities in the latter half of the 16th century /Victor Navarro-Brotons --The Sphere of Jacques du Chevreul: astronomy at the University of Paris in the 1620s /Roger Ariew --Lectures and practices: the variety of mathematical and mechanical teaching at the University of Uppsala in the 17th century /Maija Kallinen --Mathematical research in Italian universities in the modern era /Maria Teresa Borgato --Universities, academies, and sciences in the modern age /Luigi Pepe --Natural philosophy and mathematics in Portuguese universities, 1550-1650 /Luís Miguel Carolino & Henrique Leitão --Venetian policy toward the University of Padua and scientific progress during the 18th century /Piero del Negro --Candide in Caledonia: the culture of science in the Scottish universities, 1690-1805 /Paul Wood --The sciences at the University of Rome in the 18th century /Ugo Baldini --Enlightenment and renovation in the Spanish university /José Luis Peset --Spanish chemistry textbooks during late 18th century /Antonio García Belmar and José Ramón Bertomeu Sánchez --Botany in University studies in the late 18th century : the case of Valencia University /Cristina Sendra-Mocholí --Scientific education and the crisis of the university in 18th century Barcelona /Agustí Nieto-Galan & Antoni Roca-Rosell --The theories of Copernicus and Newton in the Viceroyship of Nueva Granada and the Audiencia de Caracas during the 18th century /Luis Carlos Arboleda Aparicio & Diana Soto Arango.
- University Department of Psychiatry in Munich 2008, Springer
- Unix for Oracle DBAs. 1st ed. ProQuest Safari
- Unix in a nutshell. 4th ed. 2006, ProQuest SafariIntroduction -- Unix commands -- The Unix shell: an overview -- The Bash and Korn shells -- tcsh: an extended C shell -- Package management -- Pattern matching -- The Emacs editor -- The vi, ex, and vim editors -- The sed editor -- The awk programming language -- Source code management: an overview -- The revision control system -- The concurrent versions system -- The subversion version control system -- The GNU make utility -- The GDB debugger -- Writing manual pages.
- Unix power tools. 3rd ed. ProQuest Safari
- Unofficial guide to Microsoft Office Excel 2007 2007, books24x7, SUNet ID login required. Use Search. Direct Link not yet available
- Unofficial guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 2007, books24x7, SUNet ID login required. Use Search. Direct Link not yet available
- Unofficial guide to Microsoft Office Word 2007 2007, books24x7, SUNet ID login required. Use Search. Direct Link not yet available
- Unpredictable species 2013, Click LINK above for location/circulation status."The Unpredictable Species argues that the human brain evolved in a way that enhances our cognitive flexibility and capacity for innovation and imitation. In doing so, the book challenges the central claim of evolutionary psychology that we are locked into predictable patterns of behavior that were fixed by genes, and refutes the claim that language is innate. Philip Lieberman builds his case with evidence from neuroscience, genetics, and physical anthropology, showing how our basal ganglia--structures deep within the brain whose origins predate the dinosaurs--came to play a key role in human creativity. He demonstrates how the transfer of information in these structures was enhanced by genetic mutation and evolution, giving rise to supercharged neural circuits linking activity in different parts of the brain. Human invention, expressed in different epochs and locales in the form of stone tools, digital computers, new art forms, complex civilizations--even the latest fashions--stems from these supercharged circuits." -- [Publisher-supplied data]
- Unraveling lipid metabolism with microarrays 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Up from clinical epidemiology & EBM 2011, SpringerPt. 1. Philosophical propedeutics -- pt. 2. Theory of clinical medicine -- pt. 3. Theory of clinical research -- pt. 4. Contemporary realities in clinical research -- pt. 5. Epilogue on major improvements in clinical medicine -- pt. 6. Appendices.
- Update 2003 Lane Catalog record
- Update in cosmetic dermatology 2013, Springer
- Update Kardiologie Lane Catalog record
- Update on clopidogrel and dual anti-platelet therapy 2006, HighWire
- Update on fundamental causes and management of chronic venous insufficiency Lane Catalog record
- Updates in diagnostic pathology 2005, SpringerSurgical pathology of the parathyroid glands / Walter C. Bell -- Uncommon and relatively uncommon lesions of the female reproductive system / Michael G. Conner -- Who is who among urothelial neoplasms? / Katrin M. Klemm -- Diverticular colitis / Audrey J. Lazenby -- Molecular markers in breast cancer: current practice and future possibilities / Thomas Winokur -- Cytology and surgical pathology of the mediastinum / Claudia Y. Castro and David C. Chhieng -- Cytology and surgical pathology of pleural cavities / Claudia Y. Castro and David C. Chhieng -- Cytology and surgical pathology of neoplasms of the lung / Claudia Y. Castro and David C. Chhieng -- Endoscopic ultrasound guided fine needle aspiration of the pancreas / Darshana Jhala and Nirag C. Jhala -- Using imaging data in making orthopedic diagnoses / Michael J. Klein -- Selected case studies in hematopathology: application of current ancillary techniques in diagnosis / Vishnu V. Reddy -- Aggressive B-cell lymphomas / Wei Yang and Catherine M. Listinsky -- Demystifying the diagnosis of gliomas / Cheryl Ann Palmer -- Odontogenic tumors for general pathologists / Nasser Said-Al-Naief -- Effective communication of antimicrobial susceptibility data by pathologists to clinicians / Ken B. Waite -- Acquisition and use of digital images for pathology education and practice / Kristina T.C. Panizzi, Kristopher N. Jones, and Peter G. Anderson.
- Pt. 1. Anatomy and physiology of the upper and lower airways -- Pt. 2. Epidemiology and pathogenesis of upper and lower airway disease -- Pt. 3. Diagnosis and treatment of rhino-sinusitis and asthma -- Pt. 4. Systemic diseases affecting upper and lower airways.
- Upper gastrointestinal surgery 2005, Springer
- UpToDate UpToDate (Firm), iPhone/iPad apps for institutional customers are under development 1-27-2012UpToDate is a web-based, clinical information resource, designed to provide concise, practical answers to clinical questions. The content is updated quarterly. Nearly 3,000 author physicians continually review the literature for material that is well supported by data and would be useful in a clinical setting. If a medical finding is deemed important, it is then added to the relevant topic review(s) after approval by an internal peer review and by the authors. The content is comprehensive, concise, and fully referenced.
- Urethral reconstructive surgery 2006, Springer1. Introduction / F. Schreiter, G.H. Jordan -- 2. Historical highlights in the development of urethral surgery / K. Bandhauer -- 3. Anatomy and blood supply of the urethra and penis / J.K.M. Quartey -- 4. Fundamentals and principles of tissue transfer / G.H. Jordan, K. Rourke -- 5. Tissue engineering: the future of urethral reconstructive surgery? / K.D. Sievert -- 6. Hypospadia repair: the past and the present - also the future? / R. Hohenfellner -- 7. Urethral reconstruction in women / E.J. McGuire -- 8. A Current overview of the treatment of urethral strictures: etiology, epidemiology, pathophysiology, classification, and principles of repair / S.M. Schlossberg -- 9. The Acute posterior urethral injury / J. Latini, J.T. Stoffel, L. Zinman --10. The endoscopic treatment of post-traumatic membranous urethral strictures / V. Pansadoro, P. Emiliozzi -- 11. Endoscopic realignment of post-traumatic membranous urethral disruption / V. Pansadoro, P. Emiliozzi -- 12. The Role of bouginage, visual urethrotomy, and stents today / H. Sperling, M. Goepel, H. Rübben -- 13. Alternative endourological techniques in the treatment of urethral strictures: review of the current literature / E. Geist, R. Hartung -- 14. Reconstruction of the bulbar and membranous urethra / F. Schreiter, B. Schönberger, R Olianas -- 15. The Sagittal posterior (transcoccygeal transrectal transsphincteric) approach for reconstruction of the posterior urethra / D. Streit -- 16. The Use of flaps in urethral reconstructive surgery / G.H. Jordan, K.F. Rourke -- 17. Reconstruction of the fossa navicularis / G.H. Jordan, K.F. Rourke -- 18. Penile circular fasciocutaneous flaps for complex anterior urethral strictures / K.J. Carney, J.W. McAninch -- 19. Selective use of the perineal artery fasciocutaneous flap (Singapore) in urethral reconstruction / L. Zinman -- 20. Anterior urethral stricture repair and reconstruction in hypospadias cripples / F. Schreiter, B. Schönberger --21. The Use of free grafts for urethroplasty / D.E. Andrich, A.R. Mundy -- 22. Repair of bulbar urethra using the Barbagli technique / G. Barbagli, M. Lazzeri -- 23. Indications and limitations of buccal mucosa reconstructive urethral surgery in hypospadias repair / M. Fisch -- 24. Indications and limits for the use of boccal mucosa for urethral reconstruction / D. Kröpfl, A. Verweyen -- 25. Two-stage mesh-graft urethroplasty / F. Schreiter.
- Urethral reconstructive surgery 2008, Springer
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
1st ed. [print] 2013
Author: Ofri, Danielle