- Urinary and fecal incontinence an interdisciplinary approach 2005, Springer
- Urinary tract 2011, SpringerThe basic anatomy and physiology of the urinary tract, the validity of animal models and other methodological considerations as well as a range of potential therapeutic targets are comprehensively reviewed by leading international experts, making this a unique reference source for basic scientists and research-minded clinicians alike.
- The causative organisms of Urinary Tract Infection are dynamic in terms of their virulence and resistance patterns, leading to challenges in the prevention and treatment of urinary infection. This is of relevance in both primary and secondary care, and many of the challenges are similar in both developed and developing countries alike. UTI is also associated with considerable cost in terms of morbidity, economic and research expenditure. Written by an exceptional and well-known team of clinical experts, the purpose of Urinary Tract Infections addresses key questions facing physicians about this condition. This book is written primarily for general physicians who wish to have a broad understanding of a number of important issues concerning infection in parts of the urinary tract. Specialists may also find the book useful as a quick reference guide.
- Urinary tract stone disease 2011, SpringerThis book constitutes more than a quarter of urologists, workload in the Western countries and is more than half in the Middle-East and Central Asian countries. The surgical management of stone disease has changed considerably in the last five years and our understanding of mechanism of stone disease has improved with some old concepts discarded and newer theories gaining ground. Covering the entire spectrum of urinary stone disease and with contributions of more than fifty internationally recognised experts, this exhaustive and complex reference work will be invaluable to all urologists, nephrologists and non-medical scientists.
- Providing a true integration of pathology with clinical management, this volume presents a practical, comprehensive text on benign and malignant disease of the adult bladder. Integrating pathology, surgical management, oncology and molecular study in a site-specific manner to include the urethra, urinary bladder, ureter and renal pelvis, The Urinary Tract: A Comprehensive Guide to Patient Diagnosis and Management is the first text in adult bladder disease to closely interweave multiple clinical disciplines into each chapter. For the majority of chapters, a pathologist and urologist or urologic oncologist are paired to provide the greatest integration of information for each disease process.
- Urodynamics. 3rd ed. 2006, Springer
- Urogynecology and reconstructive pelvic surgery. 3rd ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Historical milestones in female pelvic surgery, gynecology, and female urology -- Anatomy of the lower urinary tract, pelvic floor, and rectum -- Embryology and congenital anomalies of the urinary tract, rectum, and female genital system -- Neurophysiology and pharmacology of the lower urinary tract -- Physiology of the pelvic muscles, vagina, and anorectum -- Female sexual function and dysfunction : assessment and treatment -- Epidemiology and psychosocial impact of female pelvic floor disorders -- Description and classification of lower urinary tract dysfunction and pelvic organ prolapse -- Evaluation of urinary incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse : history, physical examination, and office tests -- Urodynamics : indications, techniques, interpretation, and clinical utility -- Video and ambulatory urodynamics -- Endoscopic evaluation of the lower urinary tract -- Radiologic studies of the lower urinary tract and pelvic floor -- Neurophysiologic testing for pelvic floor disorders -- Pathophysiology of urinary incontinence -- Obstetrics and pelvic floor disorders -- Stress urinary incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse : nonsurgical management -- Retropubic operations for stress urinary incontinence -- Biologic bladder neck sling for stress urinary incontinence -- Synthetic midurethral slings for stress urinary incontinence -- Laparoscopic and robotic surgery for pelvic organ prolapse and stress urinary incontinence -- Urethral injection of bulking agents for intrinsic sphincter deficiency -- Surgical treatment of anterior vaginal wall prolapse -- Surgical treatment of rectocele and perineal defects -- Surgical treatment of vaginal apex prolapse -- Uterine conservation for the surgical treatment of uterovaginal prolapse -- Obliterative procedures for pelvic organ prolapse -- The use of biologic tissue and synthetic mesh in urogynecology and reconstructive pelvic surgery -- Avoiding and managing lower urinary tract injuries during pelvic surgery -- Managing mesh and other complications after surgeries for urinary incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse -- Fecal incontinence -- Constipation -- Rectovaginal fistula and perineal breakdown -- Rectal prolapse -- Overactive bladder syndrome and nocturia -- Hypersensitivity disorders of the lower urinary tract -- Surgical management of detrusor compliance abnormalities -- Voiding dysfunction and urinary retention -- Lower urinary tract infection -- Urethral diverticula -- Lower urinary tract fistulas -- The effects of gynecologic cancer on lower urinary tract function -- Bladder drainage and urinary protective methods -- Outcomes and quality-of-life measures in pelvic floor research -- The standardization of terminology of lower urinary tract function recommended by the international continence society -- The standardization of terminology of lower urinary tract function: report from the standardization subcommittee of the international continence society -- Standardization reports of the international continence society (ICS) -- Classification system of vaginal prostheses and graft complications recommended by the International Urogynecological Association (IUGA) and International Continence Society (ICS) -- Sample questionnaires for several recommended outcome measures for women with pelvic floor disorders.
- Urogynecology evidence-based clinical practice. 2nd ed. 2013, SpringerTaking the history -- Physical examination -- How to manage the patient after history and examination -- How to conduct urodynamic studies: essentials of a good urodynamic report -- Outcome measures used to assess response -- Conservative therapy of urodynamic stress incontinence -- Step-by-step guide to treatment of overactive bladder (OAB)/Detrusor overactivity -- Anal incontinence and disorders of obstructive defecation -- Surgery for urodynamic stress incontinence -- Management of prolapse -- Recurrent bacterial cystitis in women -- Interstitial cystitis.
- Urogynecology in primary care 2007, Springer
- Urolithiasis-- a comprehensive history 2014, SpringerUrolithiasis: A Comprehensive History provides a historical sojourn into the varied manifestations of kidney stone disease. Utilizing historical sources and integrating classic material with new concepts, this new volume provides depth and details on stone disease not found in modern overviews on the topic. This volume serves as a very useful tool for physicians and researchers dealing with kidney stone disease. Written by a renowned expert in the field, Urolithiasis: A Comprehensive History is an in depth resource that heightens our medical understanding of this ancient disease and is of great value to urologists, nephrologists, endocrinologists interested in stone disease.
- Urolithiasis-- basic science and clinical practice 2012, SpringerUrolithiasis: Basic Science and Clinical Practice is a comprehensive text that assists urologists in defining the best choice of treatment for each case through a balanced presentation of underlying science, diagnostic methods and practical tips, with additional discussions on educational issues, costs and management of resources. This user-friendly practical resource is replete with full-color illustrations and radiographs, covering all aspects of stone disease, and offering perspectives from Europe, the Americas, China, South Asia, Africa, and Australia. Topics include the biochemical and physiological basis of stone formation, treatment options, complications, assessment of techniques and technologies available, and guidelines on the prevention of stone recurrence. Urolithiasis: Basic Science and Clinical Practice is the definitive text on stone disease and is a must read for young consultants starting a new practice, and urologists in residence and training.
- Urologic pathology. 3rd ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialKidney -- Renal pelvis and ureter -- Urinary bladder -- Urethra -- Testis -- Testicular adnexa -- Prostate -- Seminal vesicles -- Penis -- Scrotum.
- Urologic robotic surgery 2008, Springer
- Urologic robotic surgery in clinical practice 2008, Springer
- Urologic surgery for the gynecologist and urogynecologist female pelvic surgery. 1st ed. 2010, ClinicalKeyAnatomy of the female urinary tract / John A. Occhino, Christine A. Heisler, and John B. Gebhart -- Imaging of the female urinary tract / Bohyun Kim, John B. Gebhart, and Akira Kawashima -- Cystourethroscopy for the gynecologist / Gamal M. Ghoniem and John B. Gebhart -- Reconstructive procedures performed on the urethra / John B. Gebhart -- Surgical procedures performed on the urinary bladder / Christopher J. Klingele and John B. Gebhart -- Avoiding and managing ureteral injury during pelvic surgery / Emanuel C. Trabuco and John B. Gebhart.
- Urologic surgical pathology. 2nd ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Urologic surgical pathology. Third edition. [3rd ed.] 2014, ClinicalKeyNonneoplastic disease of the kidney / Stephen M. Bonsib -- Neoplasms of the kidney / Gregory T. MacLennan and Liang Cheng -- Renal pelvis and ureter / Stephen M. Bonsib and Liang Cheng -- Fine needle aspiration of the kidney / Andrew A. Renshaw -- Nonneoplastic disorders of the urinary bladder / Robert H. Young -- Neoplasms of the urinary bladder / Liang Cheng, Antonio Lopez-Beltran, Gregory T. MacLennan, Rodolfo Montironi, and David G. Bostwick -- Urine cytology / Deloar Hossain, David Hull, and David G. Bostwick -- Nonneoplastic diseases of the prostate / David G. Bostwick, David Hull, Jun Ma, and Deloar Hossain -- Neoplasms of the prostate / David G. Bostwick, Liang Cheng, and Isabelle Meiers -- Seminal vesicles / David G. Bostwick -- Urethra / Victor E. Reuter -- Nonneoplastic diseases of the testis / Manuel Nistal, Ricardo Paniagua, and Pilar Gonzalez-Peramato -- Neoplasms of the testis / Thomas M. Ulbright and Robert E. Emerson -- Spermatic cord and testicular adnexae / David G. Bostwick -- Penis and scrotum / Jae Y. Ro, Mukul Divatia, Kyu-Rae Kim, Mahul B. Amin, and Alberto G. Ayala -- Adrenal glands / Ernest E. Lack and Edina Paal.
- Urological cancers 2005, Springer
- Urological cancers in clinical practice 2007, Springer
- Urological Emergencies: A Practical Approach, Second Edition provides a concise, evidence based review of common urgent and emergent urological conditions in children and adults. Descriptions of the appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic considerations on topics of traumatic, infectious, obstructive, hemorrhagic, iatrogenic, vascular and congenital urological emergencies in adults and children are provided. The text is organized by pathophysiology rather than organ system, allowing the reader to develop approaches to the care of patients with acute urological conditions based on mechanism of disease. Relevant pathophysiological background and epidemiology are reviewed, necessary diagnostic testing recommended, and detailed medical, surgical and endourological management approaches have been provided. All chapters incorporate published guidelines and best practice recommendations from appropriate organizations including the American Urological Association, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and various International Consultations on Urological Diseases. New or significantly revised chapters in each of the subsections address innovations in trauma care and prevention, new strategies in management of kidney stones, and special care needs of children with acute urological problems. Urological Emergencies: A Practical Approach, Second Edition is of great value to practicing urologists, urology residents, emergency medicine trainees and practitioners, and primary care providers including MD's, PA's, and NP's without immediate access to urological consultation.
- Urological emergencies in clinical practice. 2nd ed. / 2013, SpringerPresenting Symptoms of Urological Emergencies / Hashim Hashim -- Lower Urinary Tract Emergencies / John Reynard -- Nontraumatic Renal Emergencies / John Reynard -- Other Infective Urological Emergencies / Hashim Hashim -- Traumatic Urological Emergencies / Noel Armenakas -- Scrotal and Genital Emergencies / John Reynard -- Postoperative Emergencies After Urological Surgery / Hashim Hashim -- Ureteric Colic in Pregnancy / Dan Wood -- Management of Urological Neoplastic Conditions Presenting as Emergencies / Dan Wood -- Pediatric Emergencies / Dan Wood -- Common Emergency Urological Procedures / John Reynard.
- Evidence-Based and Age-Appropriate Preventive Health Evaluations in Men / Raul J. Seballos -- Clinical Testing of Endothelial Function in Erectile Dysfunction / Titte R. Srinivas and Mark S. Segal -- Controversies and Opportunities for PSA Screening / Benjamin Cohen and Eric A. Klein -- A Phenotypic Approach to the Evaluation and Treatment of Men with Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome / Kiranpreet Khurana and Daniel A. Shoskes -- Recurrent Urinary Tract Infections in Men / Stacey C. Carter, Mya E. Levy and Scott I. Zeitlin -- Evaluation and Medical Management of BPH and LUTS in Men / Bilal Chughtai, Richard Lee, Matthew Hall and Alexis E. Te -- The Surgical Treatment of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia / James C. Ulchaker -- Rational Herbal and Complementary Interventions for Prevention and Treatment of Urological Disorders in Men / Mark A. Moyad -- Androgen Decline in the Aging Male: Making Sense of the "Male Menopause" / Daniel A. Shoskes -- Evaluation and Treatment of Peyronie's Disease / Lawrence S. Hakim -- Primary Care Evaluation and Treatment of Erectile Dysfunction / Martin Miner and Jacob Rajfer -- Surgical Treatment for Erectile Dysfunction / Drogo K. Montague -- Managing Overactive Bladder and Urinary Incontinence in the Male / Humphrey Atiemo and J. Quentin Clemens -- Treatment of Localized Prostate Cancer / Andrew J. Stephenson -- Management of Urethral Strictures in Men / Richard A. Santucci and Mang L. Chen -- Medical and Surgical Interventions in Male Fertility / Kevin Chandler and Edmund Sabanegh Jr. -- Evaluation and Therapy of Chronic Scrotal Content Pain and Epididymitis / Jonas S. Benson and Laurence A. Levine -- Psychosocial Factors in Painful Urogenital Conditions in Men / Dean A. Tripp and Jessica Ginting.
- Urological oncology 2008, Springer
- Urological tests in clinical practice 2007, Springer
- Urology. Fifth Edition. [5th ed.] 2013, OvidThe Fifth Edition of Urology in the House Officer Series creates a concise source of clinical information on urology for medical students and residents that can be easily carried for quick reference. Concentrating on the non-surgical aspects of urology, this pocket guide provides the information needed for making a diagnosis and deciding on the proper treatment course. This compact book is separated into two sections, the first, entitled Chief Presentations, covers the most common presenting complaints in the general urology clinic. The second section, entitled, Selected Topics, covers the major areas of urology in greater detail. Covering all diagnostic and treatment approaches for all urologic diseases, this pocket guide is also ideal for family practitioners, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and emergency room physicians who wish to quickly review a specific urologic presentation.
- Uropathology high-yield pathology 2012, ClinicalKeyNonneoplastic disease of the prostate -- Neoplastic disease of the prostate -- Seminal vesicles -- Nonneoplastic disease of the urinary bladder -- Neoplastic disease of the urinary bladder -- Nonneoplastic disease of the kidney -- Neoplastic disease of the kidney -- Renal pelvis and ureter -- Nonneoplastic disease of the testis -- Neoplastic disease of the testis -- Spermatic cord and testicular adnexa -- Disease of the penis, urethra, and scrotum -- Soft tissue tumors and lymphomas.
- Urticaria and angioedema 2010, SpringerHistory of Urticaria / M. Greaves -- Aetiopathogenesis of Urticaria / Clive E. H. Grattan -- Classification of Urticaria / Torsten Zuberbier -- Impact of Urticaria: QOL and Performance / Ilaria Baiardini, Fulvio Braido and Giorgio Walter Canonica -- Acute Urticaria / Torsten Zuberbier -- Chronic Urticaria / Marcus Maurer -- Dermographic and Delayed Pressure Urticaria / Frances Lawlor -- Heat and Cold Urticaria / Carsten Bindslev-Jensen -- Solar Urticaria / Tatsuya Horikawa, Atsushi Fukunaga and Chikako Nishigori -- Cholinergic Urticaria and Exercise-Induced Anaphylaxis / Ruth A. Sabroe -- Contact Urticaria / Jürgen Grabbe -- Urticarial Syndromes and Autoinflammation / Kanade Shinkai and Kieron S. Leslie -- Urticaria Vasculitis / Lluís Puig -- Angioedema / Elena Borzova and Clive E. H. Grattan -- Therapy of Urticaria / Bettina Wedi -- Standard Operating Procedures: A Practical Approach / M. Metz and M Magerl.
- Usability testing of medical devices 2011, CRCnetBASE"Informative, practical, and engaging, this handbook covers how to conduct usability tests of medical devices. Recognizing that the intended readers, including marketers, engineers, and regulatory affairs specialists, are busy and disinclined to read lengthy textbooks, this book has been carefully designed to be concise and visual, allowing readers to read it all in one sitting or jump from one section to another as needed. The book provides a general understanding of usability testing and reviews key concepts. It highlights the challenges of validating that protects against dangerous errors that could lead to patient injury and death"--Provided by publisher.
- Use of CRISPR/cas9, ZFNs, TALENs in generating site specific genome alterations 2014, ScienceDirectThis new volume of Methods in Enzymology continues the legacy of this premier serial with quality chapters authored by leaders in the field. This volume covers recent research and methods development for changing the DNA sequence within the genomes of cells and organisms. Focusing on enzymes that generate double-strand breaks in DNA, the chapters describe use of molecular tools to introduce or delete genetic information at specific sites in the genomes of animal, plant and bacterial cells.
- Use of rapid syphilis tests Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Users' guides to the medical literature a manual for evidence-based clinical practice. 2nd ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialHow to use the medical literature and this book to improve your patient care -- The philosophy of evidence-based medicine -- What is the question? -- Finding the evidence -- Why study results mislead: bias and random error -- Therapy -- Does treatment lower risk? Understanding the results -- Confidence intervals -- Advanced topics in the validity of therapy trials -- Hypothesis testing -- Advanced topics in applying the results of therapy trials -- Harm -- Advanced topics in harm -- The process of diagnosis -- Differential diagnosis -- Diagnostic tests -- Advanced topics in diagnosis -- How to critically appraise an article about prognosis -- Summarizing the evidence -- Advanced topics in systematic reviews -- How to use a patient management recommendation -- Advanced topics in moving from evidence to action.
- Dces: what are they and their application in health a user's guide -- Discrete choice experiments in a nutshell -- Designing discrete choice experiments for health care -- Practical issues in conducting a discrete choice experiment -- Comments on the design of the choice experiment -- Case studies in valuing health and health care -- Using discrete choice experiments to go beyond clinical outcomes when evaluating clinical practice -- Using discrete choice modeling to investigate breast screening participation -- Preferences for health care programmes: results from a general population discrete choice survey -- Examining the preferences of health care providers: an application to hospital consultants -- Methodological issues -- The price proxy in discrete choice experiments: issues of relevance for future research -- "Irrational" stated preferences: a quantitative and qualitative investigation -- Using stated preference and revealed preference data fusion modelling in health care -- Conclusions -- Concluding thoughts.
- Using eye movements as an experimental probe of brain function a symposium in honor of Jean Buttner-Ennever 2008, ScienceDirectMapping the oculomotor system -- Neuronal signalling expression profiles of motoneurons supplying multiply or singly innervated extraocular muscle fibres in monkey -- Histochemical characterisation of trigeminal neurons that innervate monkey extraocular muscles -- Functional anatomy of the extraocular muscles during vergence -- Induced extraocular muscle afferent signals: from pigeons to people -- Monkey primary somatosensory cortex has a proprioceptive representation of eye position -- Acute superior oblique palsy in the monkey: effects of viewing conditions on ocular alignment and modelling of the ocular motor plant -- Dynamic aspects of trochlear nerve palsy -- Ocular motor nerve palsies: implications for diagnosis and mechanisms of repair -- Extraocular proprioception and new treatments for infantile nystagmus syndrome. Neural circuits for triggering saccades in the brainstem -- Brainstem circuits controlling lid-eye coordination in monkey -- Defining the pupillary component of the periocular preganglionic population with in a unitary Edinger-Westphal nucleus -- Frontal eye field signals that may trigger the brainstem saccade generator -- The role of omnipause neurons: why glycine? -- Applying saccade models to account for oscillations -- Dynamics of saccadic oscillations -- Effects of failure of development of crossing brainstem pathways on ocular motor control -- Neuronal evidence for individual eye control in the primate cMRF. Complex spike activity signals the direction and size of dysmetric saccade errors -- Role of the MST-DLPN pathway in smooth pursuit adaptation -- Lesions of the cerebellar nodulus and uvula in monkeys: effect on otolith-ocular reflexes -- Vergence eye movement signals in the cerebellar dorsal vermis -- Oculomotor anatomy and the motor-error problem: the role of the paramedian tract nuclei -- Impulsive testing of semicircular canal function -- Inter-ocular differences of the horizontal vestibulo-ocular reflex during impulsive testing -- Control of ocular torsion in the rotational vestibulo-ocular reflexes -- Do humans how velocity-storage in the vertical rVOR? -- Preserved otolith function in patients with cerebellar atrophy and bilateral vestibulopathy -- Three-dimensional kinematics of saccadic eye movements in humans with cerebellar degeneration -- Inferior olive hypertrophy and cerebellar learning are both needed to explain ocular oscillations in oculopalatal tremor -- Impulsive head rotation resets oculopalatal tremor. Human ocular following: evidence that responses to large-field stimuli are limited by local and global inhibitory influences -- Short-latency disparity vergence eye movements -- MSTd neurons during ocular following and smooth pursuit perturbation -- Neural activity in cortical areas MST and FEF in relation to smooth pursuit gain control -- Eye position and cross-sensory learning both contribute to prism adaptation of auditory space -- Hysteresis effects of the subjective visual vertical during continuous quasi-static whole-body roll rotation -- Perception of self motion during and after passive rotation of the body around an earth-vertical axis -- The freezing rotation illusion -- Geometrical considerations on canal-otolith interactions during OVAR and Bayesian modelling -- Listing's plane and the otolith-mediated gravity vector -- A reinterpretation of the purpose of the translational vestibulo-ocular reflex in human subjects -- Dynamics of binocular fixation of targets during fore-aft motion -- Differential coding of head rotation by lateral-vertical canal convergent central vestibular neurons -- Cyclovergence evoked by up-down acceleration along longitudinal axis in humans -- Oblique gaze shifts: head movements reveal new aspects of component coupling -- Head movement control during head-free gaze shifts -- Postural changes during eye-head movements -- Cortical processing in vestibular navigation -- Foot rotation contribution to trunk and gaze stability during whole-body mediated gaze shifts -- Supraspinal locomotor control in quadrupeds and humans -- Private lines of cortical visual information to the nucleus of the optic tract and dorsolateral pontine nucleus -- Gravity perception in cerebellar patients. Brain mechanisms for switching from automatic to controlled eye movements -- The frontal eye field as a prediction map -- Volition and eye movements -- Negative motivational control of saccadic eye movement by the lateral habenula -- Eye movements as a probe of attention -- Using transcranial magnetic stimulation to probe decision-making and memory -- Supplementary eye field contributions to the execution of saccades to remembered target locations -- Multiple memory-guided saccades: movement memory improves the accuracy of memory-guided saccades -- Visual vector inversion during memory antisaccades -- Predictive signals in the pursuit area of the monkey frontal eye fields -- Internally generated smooth eye movement: its dynamic characteristics and role in randomized and predictable pursuit -- Predictive disjunctive pursuit of virtual images perceived to move in depth -- Tracking in 3-D space under natural viewing condition -- Exploring the pulvinar path to visual cortex -- The role of the human pulvinar in visual attention and action. How disturbed visual processing early in live leads to disorders of gaze-holding and smooth pursuit -- Manifest latent nystagmus: a case of sensori-motor switching -- Eye hyperdeviation in mouse cerebellar mutants is comparable to the gravity-dependent component of human downbeat nystagmus -- New insights into the upward vestibulo-oculomotor pathways in the human brainstem -- Mechanisms of vestibulo-ocular reflex (VOR) cancellation in spinocerebellar ataxia type 3 (SCA-3) and episodic ataxia type 2 (EA-2) -- Modelling drug modulation of nystagmus -- Aminopyridines for the treatment of cerebellar and ocular motor disorders -- Baclofen, motion sickness susceptibility and the neural basis for velocity storage -- Oculomotor deficits indicate the progression of Huntington's Disease -- Eye movements in visual search indicate impaired saliency processing in Parkinson's disease -- Ocular motor anatomy in a case of interrupted saccades -- Mechanism of interrupted saccades in patients with late-onset Tay-Sachs disease -- Conjugacy of horizontal saccades -- The neuroanatomical basis of slow saccades in spinocerebellar ataxia type 2 (Wadia-subtype) -- Selective, circuit-wide sparring of floccular connections in hereditary olivopontine cerebellar atrophy with slow saccades -- A quick look at slow saccades after cardiac surgery -- Eye and head torsion is affected in patients with midbrain lesions -- Horizontal saccadic palsy associated with gliosis of the brainstem midline.
- Using mass spectrometry for drug metabolism studies. 2nd ed. 2010, CRCnetBASEStrategies and techniques for bioanalytical assays as part of new drug discovery / Walter A. Korfmacher -- The drug discovery process: from molecules to drugs / Mike S. Lee, Steven E. Klohr -- PK principles and PK/PD applications / Hong Mei, Richard A. Morrison -- Mass spectrometry for in vitro ADME screening / Inhou Chu -- Metabolite identification strategies and procedures / Ragu Ramanathan, S. Nilgün Çömezoǧlu, W. Griffith Humphreys -- Reactive metabolite screening and covalent-binding assays / Gérard Hopfgartner -- Fast metabolite screening in a discovery setting / Xiaoying Xu -- Fast chromatography with UPLC and other techniques / Sam Wainhaus -- Supercritical fluid chromatography-mass spectrometry / Yunsheng Hsieh -- Biomarkers of efficacy and toxicity: discovery and assay / Joanna R. Pols -- Imaging mass spectrometry for small molecules / Fangbiao Li -- MALDI IMS for proteins and biomarkers / Michelle L. Reyzer, Richard M. Caprioli -- Ambient ionization methods and their early applications in ADME studies / Jing-Tao Wu -- Pharmaceutical applications of accelerator mass spectrometry / Lan Gao, Swapan Chowdhury.
- Using R for data management, statistical analysis, and graphics 2011, CRCnetBASE"R is a general purpose statistical software package used in many fields of research. It is licensed for free, as open-source software. The system has been developed by a large group of people, almost all volunteers"--Preface.
- Using R for introductory statistics Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Using SAS for data management, statistical analysis, and graphics 2011, CRCnetBASEChapter 1. Introduction to SAS -- Chapter 2. Data management -- Chapter 3. Common statistical procedures -- Chapter 4. Linear regression and ANOVA -- Chapter 5. Regression generalizations and multivariate statistics -- Chapter 6. Graphics -- Chapter 7. Advanced applications.
- Using the pharmaceutical literature 2006, CRCnetBASE
- USMLE images for the boards a comprehensive image-based review 2013, ClinicalKeyStay on top of USMLE steps 1,2,3 preparation with this book, the first comprehensive image-based review aid available! This high-yield medical textbook will help you identify and interpret the images you're likely to see on the exam, allowing you to approach the boards with confidence and land the best score. Optimize your visual diagnostic skills with the only review tool that focuses on image interpretation in a standardized-testing environment and provides evidence-based data governing the selection of imaging modalities for a particular disease. Prepare for all steps of the USMLE with 300 full-color medical images, including: EKGs, plain film/CT/MRI radiology, pathology slides, gross tissue specimens, and images depicting commonly tested diseases encountered within the fields of ophthalmology, urology, internal medicine, OB/GYN, pediatrics, orthopedics, and ENT. Retain all the necessary information and evaluate your understanding thanks to an easy-to-follow format and challenging board-style review questions with high-yield explanations. Be prepared with this high-yield, clinically relevant review guide of images for "board" preparation.
- USMLE step 1 anatomy lecture notes Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialSection I. Histology and Cell Biology -- Section II. Early Embryology -- Section III. Gross Anatomy -- Section IV. Neuroscience -- Index.
- USMLE step 1 behavioral sciences lecture notes Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialChapter 1. Epidemiology -- Chapter 2. Biostatistics -- Chapter 3. Life in the United States -- Chapter 4. Sustance abuse -- Chapter 5. Human sexuality -- Chapter 6. Learning and behavior modification -- Chapter 7. Defense mechanisms -- Chapter 8. Psychologic health and testing -- Chapter 9. Human development -- Chapter 10. Sleep and sleep disorders -- Chapter 11. Physician-patient relationship -- Chapter 12. Diagnostic and Statistical Manual IV (DSM IV) -- Chapter 13. Organic disorders -- Chapter 14. Psychopharmacology -- Chapter 15. Ethical and legal issues -- Appendix I. Health care delivery systems -- Index.
- USMLE step 1 biochemistry and medical genetics lecture notes Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialSECTION I. Molecular biology and biochemistry -- Chapter 1. Nucleic acid structure and organization -- Chapter 2. DNA replication and repair -- Chapter 3. Transcription and RNA processing -- Chapter 4. The genetic code, mutations, and translation -- Chapter 5. Regulation of eukaryotic gene expression -- Chapter 6. Recombinant DNA -- Chapter 7. Techniques of genetic analysis -- Chapter 8. Amino acids, proteins, and enzymes -- Chapter 9. Hormones -- Chapter 10. Vitamins -- Chapter 11. Overview of energy metabolism -- Chapter 12. Glycolysis and pyruvate dehydrogenase -- Chapter 13. Citric acid cycle and oxidative phosphorylation -- Chapter 14. Glycogen, gluconeogenesis, and the hexose monophosphate shunt -- Chapter 15. Lipid synthesis and storage -- Chapter 16. Lipid mobilization and catabolism -- Chapter 17. Amino acid metabolism -- Chapter 18. Purine and pyrimidine metabolism -- SECTION II. Medical genetics -- Chapter 1. Single-gene disorders -- Chapter 2. Population genetics -- Chapter 3. Cytogenetics -- Chapter 4. Genetics of common diseases -- Chapter 5. Gene mapping -- Chapter 6. Genetic diagnosis -- Index.
- USMLE step 1 immunology and microbiology lecture notes Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialSECTION I. Immunology -- Chapter 1. Overview of the immune system -- Chapter 2. Cells of the immune system -- Chapter 3. The selection of lymphocytes -- Chapter 4. Lymphocyte recirculation and homing -- Chapter 5. The first response to antigen -- Chapter 6. The processing and presentation of antigen -- Chapter 7. The generation of humoral effector mechanisms -- Chapter 8. The generation of cell-mediated effector mechanisms -- Chapter 9. The generation of immunologic memory -- Chapter 10. Vaccination and immunotherapy -- Chapter 11. Immunodeficiency diseases -- Chapter 12. Acquired immunodeficiency syndrome -- Chapter 13. Diseases caused by immune responses: hypersensitivity and autoimmunity -- Chapter 14. Transplantation immunology -- Chapter 15. Laboratory techniques in immunology -- Appendix I. CD markers -- Appendix II. Cytokines -- Appendix III. Adhesion molecules -- Appendix IV. Mechanisms of resistance to microbial infections -- SECTION II. Microbiology -- Chapter 1. General microbiology -- Chapter 2. Medically important bacteria -- Chapter 3. Microbial genetics/drug resistance -- Chapter 4. Medically important viruses -- Chapter 5. Medically important fungi -- Chapter 6. Medical parasitology -- Chapter 7. Clinical infectious disease -- Chapter 8. Comparative microbiology -- Chapter 9. Flow charts/clue sheets -- Index.
- USMLE Step 1 miniQbook Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialContains 250 exam-style questions that do not appear in other Kaplan products.
- USMLE step 1 pathology lecture notes Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialChapter 1. Fundamentals of pathology -- Chapter 2. Cellular injury and adaptation -- Chapter 3. Inflammation -- Chapter 4. Tissue repair -- Chapter 5. Circulatory pathology -- Chapter 6. Genetic disorders -- Chapter 7. Immunopathology -- Chapter 8. Amyloidosis -- Chapter 9. Principles of neoplasia -- Chapter 10. Environment- and lifestyle-related pathology -- Chapter 11. Skin pathology -- Chapter 12. Red blood cell pathology: anemias -- Chapter 13. Vascular pathology -- Chapter 14. Cardiac pathology -- Chapter 15. Respiratory pathology -- Chapter 16. Renal pathology -- Chapter 17. Gastrointestinal tract pathology -- Chapter 18. Pancreatic pathology -- Chapter 19. Gallbladder and biliary tract pathology -- Chapter 20. Liver pathology -- Chapter 21. Central nervous system pathology -- Chapter 22. Hematopoetic pathology- white blood cell disorders & lymphoid and myeloid neoplasms -- Chapter 23. Femal genital pathology -- Chapter 24. Breast pathology -- Chapter 25. Male pathology -- Chapter 26. Endocrine pathology -- Chapter 27. Bone pathology -- Chapter 28. Joint pathology -- Chapter 29. Skeletal muscle and peripheral nerve pathology -- Index.
- USMLE step 1 pharmacology lecture notes Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialSection I. General principles -- Section II. Automonic pharmacology -- Section III. Cardiac and renal pharmacology -- Section IV. CNS pharmacology -- Section V. Antimicrobial agents -- Section VI. Drugs for inflammatory and related disorders -- Section VII. Drugs used in blood disorders -- Section VIII. Endocrine pharmacology -- Section IX. Anticancer drugs -- Section X. Immunopharmacology -- Section XI. Toxicology -- Index.
- USMLE step 1 physiology lecture notes Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialSection I. Fluide distribution and edema -- Section II. Excitable tissue -- Section III. Skeletal muscle -- Section IV. Cardiac muscle mechanics -- Section V. Peripheral Circulation -- Section VI. Cardiac Cycle and Valvular Heart Disease -- Section VII. Respiration -- Section VIII. Renal Physiology -- Section IX. Acid-Base Disturbances -- Section X. Endocrinology -- Section XI. Gastrointestinal Physiology -- Index.
- USMLE step 1 secrets. 3rd ed. 2013, ClinicalKey"Get the most out of your study time with the popular and trusted USMLE Step 1 Secrets, 3rd Edition. With a clinical focus throughout, this easy-to-read book features questions and short answers, case scenarios to prepare you for the vignette-style USMLE exam, and a concise, integrated, clinical overview of Step 1 content. This bestselling USMLE review book is enjoyable to use and extremely effective for ensuring success on this high-stakes exam."--Publisher's website.
- USMLE step 2 CK Qbook. 3rd ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- USMLE step 2 clinical skills. 2nd ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- USMLE step 2 clinical skills. 3rd ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- USMLE Step 2 clinical skills. 4th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- USMLE Step 2 CS Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialDescription of the step 2 CS -- Exam development -- The standardized patient -- The day of the test -- Seeing your patients -- Atypical cases -- Style and grace -- Scoring -- Practice cases.
- USMLE step 2 secrets. Fourth edition. [4th ed.] 2014, ClinicalKey"An easy-to-read review perfect for busy students ... Review material quickly and easily thanks to bulleted lists, algorithms, illustrations, and a new 4-color section featuring key pathologic and clinical images ... Benefit from thorough revisions that ensure high-yield focus and most current overview of board-tested content."--Provided by publisher.
- USMLE Step 3 Qbook. 5th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialCoverage of the specific topics tested on the exam: Internal Medicine; Neurology; Obstetrics/Gynecology; Pediatrics; Psychiatry; and Surgery. In addition to fully preparing you for Step 3 with targeted practice, Kaplan also has strategies specific to the computer-based test.
- Uterine cancer screening, diagnosis, and treatment 2009., SpringerEssential epidemiology of cancer of the endometrium -- Endometrial cancer: screening, diagnosis, and surgical staging -- Imaging in the diagnosis and treatment of endometrial cancer -- Uterine cancer: pathology -- Molecular pathology and cytogenetics of endometrial carcinoma, carcinosarcoma, and uterine sarcomas -- Prognostic factors in uterine cancer -- Primary hormonal therapy of endometrial cancer -- Early-stage endometrial cancer: surgery -- Early-stage endometrial cancer: radiation -- Therapeutic modalities in early-stage uterine papillary serous carcinomas, carcinosarcomas, clear-cell and mixed histology carcinomas: building a case for combined chemotherapy and radiation -- Treatment of advanced and recurrent carcinoma: hormonal therapy -- Treatment of advanced and recurrent carcinoma: chemotherapy -- Treatment for advanced and recurrent carcinoma: combined modalities -- Management of uterine sarcomas -- Future directions: new targets.
- Uveitis-- fundamentals and clinical practice. 4th ed. 2010, ClinicalKeyUveitis is the comprehensive reference you need for a balanced approach to basic science and clinical application. Robert B. Nussenblatt and Scott M. Whitcup provide a cohesive and integrated discussion of the topic, covering everything from the role of surgery to AIDS to anterior uveitis and more. This new edition even includes full color throughout, 400 photographs and illustrations, and searchable access to the text online at expertconsult.com. Comprehensive yet readable, this resource packs everything you need in patient evaluation and management to achieve optimal results. Covers the medical, pharmacological, and surgical treatment of uveitis to serve as a complete overview of all uveitis related information. Features multiple chapters on diagnostic approach to help you overcome challenges in making accurate diagnoses. Provides additional information on inflammatory eye diseases in chapters on scleritis, masquerade syndromes, and the role of inflammation in other ocular diseases for more comprehensive coverage. Includes illustrated case studies to supplement major clinical points and provide insight into real situations that you can apply in practice. Highlights important information in key points boxes that make it easy to locate crucial points on each topic.
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Access restricted to Stanford community
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
Can't find it?
Look if we have it in print
- Springer Protocols
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Large number of high quality software and database programming titles from O'Reilly. Other software titles are also available from Sams and Prentice Hall. Limited to 7 concurrent users.Vast collection of software and database programming titles from multiple publishers, including Microsoft Press.Largest provider of engineering-related eBooks; includes titles in computer science and biomedical engineering.Over 4,000 full-text e-books covering scientific and technical information from CRC Press and others. Many handbooks and single volume reference sources.A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more. Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.Includes peer-reviewed life science and biomedical research protocols compiled from Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods in Molecular Medicine, Methods in Biotechnology, Methods in Pharmacology and Toxicology, Neuromethods, the Biomethods Handbook, the Proteomics Handbook, and Springer Laboratory Manuals.Contains full text access to selected biomedical and nursing books.Provides one-click access to important clinical resources; includes evidence-based diagnosis and treatment guidelines, Books, EBM articles, Ovid MEDLINE, Drug facts and comparisons, Drug interaction facts, guidelines from National Guideline Clearinghouse, patient handouts (English and Spanish), and local content.ClinicalKey provides access to textbooks, electronic journals, practice guidelines, drug information, and patient education handouts.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.Provides online, full-text access to Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers. Subjects include: life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics and astronomy, engineering and economics. Also includes eBooks.Collection of over 8 thousand fulltext titles in engineering, math, and basic and applied biomedical research. Coverage is from 1967 to the present.A library of ebooks on a wide array of topics, digitized and made available online in conjunction with the original publishers.