- T cell activation by CD1 and lipid an...
- — Textbook of psychotherapeutic treatme...
- Textbook of pulmonary vascular diseas...
- — Tobacco control legislation. 2nd ed. ...
- Tobacco smoke and involuntary smoking ..
- — Transplantation of neural tissue into...
- Transplantation of the liver. 2nd ed. ..
- — Type-2 diabetic nephropathy in Japan ...
- Transport in biological media 2013, ScienceDirectTransport in Biological Media is a solid resource of mathematical models for researchers across a broad range of scientific and engineering problems such as the effects of drug delivery, chemotherapy, or insulin intake to interpret transport experiments in areas of cutting edge biological research. A wide range of emerging theoretical and experimental mathematical methodologies are offered by biological topic to appeal to individual researchers to assist them in solving problems in their specific area of research. Researchers in biology, biophysics, biomathematics, chemistry, engineers and clinical fields specific to transport modeling will find this resource indispensible. Provides detailed mathematical model development to interpret experiments and provides current modeling practices Provides a wide range of biological and clinical applicationsIncludes physiological descriptions of models.
- Transposons and the dynamic genome 2009, Springer
- Transvenous lead extraction 2011, Springer
- Trauma 2008, Ovid
- Trauma biomechanics. 2nd ed. 2007, Springer
- Trauma management in orthopedics 2013, SpringerTrauma Management in Orthopedics has been written to serve as a general introduction to the field of trauma in the field of orthopedics. It is composed of a number of commonly seen disorders and with a corresponding therapeutic pathway, clearly explained with numerous xrays and diagrams to aid the reader in their understanding of these useful procedures.The book is intended as a basic resource for trainees and junior surgeons, but will also be useful to more experienced specialists who require an easy to follow clinical guide to assist in day to day practice of orthopedic trauma management.
- Trauma manual. 2nd ed. 2002, Ovid
- Trauma manual. 3rd ed. 2008, Ovid
- Trauma manual. 3rd ed. 2008, OvidLane Catalog record Ovid
- Trauma manual. 4th ed. Lane Catalog record
- Trauma-- an engineering analysis 2007, Springer
- Trauma. 5th ed. 2004
- Trauma. 6th ed. Lane Catalog record
- Trauma. 7th ed. 2013, AccessSurgeryKinematics -- Epidemiology -- Injury prevention -- Trauma systems, triage, and transport -- Injury severity scoring and outcomes research -- Acute care surgery -- Prehospital care -- Disaster and mass causalty -- Rural trauma -- Initial assessment and management -- Airway management -- Management of shock -- Postinjury hemotherapy and hemostasis -- Emergency department thoracotomy -- Diagnostic and interventional radiology -- Surgeon-performed ultrasound in acute care surgery -- Principles of anesthesia and pain management -- Infectons -- Injury to the brain -- Eye -- Face -- Neck -- Vertebrae and spinal cord -- Trauma thoracotomy: principles and techniques -- Lung, trachea, and esophagus -- Heart and thoracic vascular injuries -- Trauma laparotomy: principles and techniques -- Diaphragm -- Liver and biliary tract -- Injury to the spleen -- Stomach and small bowel -- Doudenum and pancreas -- Colon and rectal trauma -- Abdominal vascular injury -- Pelvis -- Genitourinary trauma -- Trauma in pregnancy -- Trauma damage control -- Upper extremity -- Lower extremity -- Periphearl vascular injury -- Alcohol and drugs -- The pediatric patient -- The geriatric patient -- Ethics of acute care surgery -- Social violence -- Wounds, bites, and stings -- Burns and radiation -- Temperature-related syndromes: hyperthermia, hypothermia, and frostbite -- Organ procurement for transplantation -- Rehabilitation -- Modern combat casualty care -- Genomics and acute care surgery -- Trauma, medicine, and the law -- Principles of critical care -- Cardiovascular failure -- Respiratory insufficiency -- Gastrointestinal failure -- Renal failure -- Nutritional support and electrolyte management -- Multiple organ failure.
- Traumatic brain injury 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Traumatic brain injury 2012, Springer
- Traumatic brain injury. 2nd ed. 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Traumatic brain injury. 3rd ed. 2010, CRCnetBASE
- Travel medicine 2004
- Traveler's diarrhea Lane Catalog record
- History of treatment in children with developmental disabilities and psychopathology / Jonathan Wilkins and Johnny L. Matson -- Applied behavior analysis and the treatment of childhood psychopathology and developmental disabilities / Joel E. Ringdahl and Terry S. Falcomata -- Cognitive behavior therapy / Ellen Flannery-Schroeder and Alexis N. Lamb -- Parent-training interventions / Nicholas Long, Mark C. Edwards, and Jayne Bellando -- Conduct disorders / Christopher T. Barry ... [et al.] -- Treatment of Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) / Ditza Zachor, Bart Hodgens, and Cryshelle Patterson -- PTSD, anxiety, and phobia / Thompson E. Davis III -- Treatment strategies for depression in youth / Martha C. Tompson and Kathryn Dingman Boger -- Medication treatment of bipolar disorder in developmentally disabled children and adolescents / Zinoviy A. Gutkovich and Gabrielle A. Carlson -- Treatment of autism spectrum disorders / Mary Jane Weiss, Kate Fiske, and Suzannah Ferraioli -- Treatment of self-injurious behaviour in children with intellectual disabilities / Frederick Furniss and Asit B. Biswas -- Communication, language, and literacy learning in children with developmental disabilities / Erna Alant, Kitty Uys, and Kerstin Tönsing -- Eating disorders / David H. Gleaves, Janet D. Latner, and Suman Ambwani -- Treatment of pediatric feeding disorders / Cathleen C. Piazza, Henry S. Roane, and Heather J. Kadey.
- Treating opportunistic infections among HIV-exposed and infected children Lane Catalog record
- Treating tobacco use and dependence PDF file in sections
- Treating tumors that move with respiration 2007, Springer
- Treatment and prevention of malaria 2012, Springer
- Treatment of bone and soft tissue sarcomas 2009, Springer
- Treatment of dry skin syndrome 2012, SpringerPart 1.THE MARKETPLACE AND TREATMENT ASPECTS --Moisturizers as Cosmetics, Medicines, or Medical Device? The Regulatory Demands in the European Union /Amy Sörensen, Peter Landvall and Marie Lodén --Design of Claims Support for Moisturizers /Judith K. Woodford --Educational Interventions for the Management of Children with Dry Skin /Steven J. Ersser and Noreen Heer Nicol --Dry Skin in Childhood and the Misery of Eczema and Its Treatments /Susan Lewis-Jones --Use of Moisturizers in Patients with Atopic Dermatitis /Kam Lun Ellis Hon and Alexander K. C. Leung.Part 2.SKIN ESSENTIALS --Sensory Systems of Epidermal Keratinocytes /Mitsuhiro Denda --Sensitive Skin: Intrinsic and Extrinsic Contributors /Miranda A. Farage and Michael K. Robinson --Electron Tomography of Skin /Lars Norlén --Filaggrin Gene Defects and Dry Skin Barrier Function /Martin Willy Meyer and Jacob P. Thyssen --Molecular Organization of the Lipid Matrix in Stratum Corneum and Its Relevance for the Protective Functions of Human Skin /Mila Boncheva --Desquamation: It Is Almost All About Proteases /Rainer Voegeli and Anthony V. Rawlings --Endogenous Retroviral-Like Aspartic Protease, SASPase as a Key Modulator of Skin Moisturization /Takeshi Matsui --Vernix Caseosa and Its Substitutes: Lipid Composition and Physicochemical Properties /Marty O. Visscher and Steven B. Hoath --The Role of Tight Junctions and Aquaporins in Skin Dryness /J. M. Brandner --Biomechanics of the Barrier Function of Human Stratum Corneum /Kemal Levi and Reinhold H. Dauskardt /--Part 3.Dry Skin Disorders and Treatments --Update on Atopic Eczema with Special Focus on Dryness and the Impact of Moisturizers /Eric Simpson --Update on Hand Eczema with Special Focus on the Impact of Moisturisers /Christina Williams and Mark Wilkinson --Update on Ichthyosis with Special Emphasis on Dryness and the Impact of Moisturizers /Johannes Wohlrab --Psoriasis and Dry Skin: The Impact of Moisturizers /Joachim W. Fluhr, Enzo Berardesca and Razvigor Darlenski --Update on Infant Skin with Special Focus on Dryness and the Impact of Moisturizers /Georgios N. Stamatas and Neena K. Tierney.Part 4.INGREDIENTS AND TREATMENT EFFECTS --The Composition and Development of Moisturizers /Steve Barton --Ungual Formulations: Topical Treatment of Nail Diseases /Kenneth A. Walters --Preservation of Moisturisers /D. Godfrey --Potential Allergens in Moisturizing Creams /Ana Rita Travassos and An Goossens --Formulating Moisturizers Using Natural Raw Materials /Swarnlata Saraf --Chemical and Physical Properties of Emollients /Jari T. Alander --Polyfunctional Vehicles by the Use of Vegetable Oils /Luigi Rigano and Chiara Andolfatto --The Effect of Natural Moisturizing Factors on the Interaction Between Water Molecules and Keratin /Noriaki Nakagawa --Impact of Stratum Corneum Damage on Natural Moisturizing Factor (NMF) in the Skin /Lisa M. Kroll, Douglas R. Hoffman, Corey Cunningham and David W. Koenig --Water and Minerals in the Treatment of Dryness /Ronni Wolf, Danny Wolf, Donald Rudikoff and Lawrence Charles Parish --Hyaluronan Inside and Outside of Skin /Aziza Wahby, Kathleen Daddario DiCaprio and Robert Stern --Glycerol as a Skin Barrier Influencing Humectant /Laurène Roussel, Nicolas Atrux-Tallau and Fabrice Pirot --The Use of Urea in the Treatment of Dry Skin /Marie Lodén --Urea and Skin: A Well-Known Molecule Revisited /Alessandra Marini, Jean Krutmann and Susanne Grether-Beck --The Influence of Climate on the Treatment of Dry Skin with Moisturizer /C. Stick and E. Proksch --Emollient Therapy and Skin Barrier Function /Majella E. Lane --Skin Barrier Responses to Moisturizers: Functional and Biochemical Changes /Izabela Buraczewska-Norin --Changes in Stratum Corneum Thickness, Water Gradients and Hydration by Moisturizers /Jonathan M. Crowther, Paul J. Matts and Joseph R. Kaczvinsky --Skin Moisture and Heat Transfer /Jerrold Scott Petrofsky and Lee Berk.
- Treatment of elbow lesions 2007, Springer1. Anatomy and Biomechanics of the Elbow / A. Celli -- 2. The Clinical Examination of the Elbow / A. Hinssche, D. Stanley -- 3. Imaging of the Elbow / V. Spina, L. Baldini -- 4. Elbow Surgical Approaches / A. Celli, L. Celli -- 5. The Treatment of Distal Humerus Fractures / S.W. O'Driscoll -- 6. The Fractures of the Olecranon / J.E. Adams, S.P. Steinmann -- 7. The Radial Head Fractures / M.W. Hartman, S.P. Steinmann -- 8. The Treatment of Coronoid Fractures and their Complications / A.G. Schneeberger -- 9. Lateral Collateral Ligament Injury / D. Stanley -- 10. The Complex Dislocations of the Elbow / G.J.W. King -- 11. The Fracture-Dislocation of the Forearm (Monteggia and Essex-Lopresti Lesions) / A. Celli, M.C. Marongiu, M. Fontana, L. Celli -- 12. The Instability after Radial Head Excision / S.L. Jensen -- 13. The Radial Head Prosthesis: Historical Perspective / C. Rovesta, C. Minervini, G. Bonanno, L. Celli -- 14. The Swanson Radial Head Prosthesis / B. Martinelli -- 15. Bipolar Radial Head Prosthesis / A. Celli -- 16. Evolve Modular Metallic Radial Head Arthroplasty / G.J.W. King -- 17. Radial Head Prosthetic Replacement with the Avanta Implant / B.F. Morrey -- 18. Radial Head Replacement with a Pyrocarbon Head Prothesis: Preliminary Results of a Multicentric Prospective Study / Y. Allieu, M. Winter, J.P. Pequignot, P. De Mourgues -- 19. Elbow Stiffness / A. Celli, L. Celli -- 20. The Arthroscopic Treatment of the Stiff Elbow / S.W. O'Driscoll -- 21. The Surgery of Neglected Distal Humerus Fractures in Children and Adults / L.P. Müller, M. Hansen, B.F. Morrey, K.J. Prommersberger, P.M. Rommens -- 22. Total Elbow Replacement for Rheumatoid Arthritis / B.F. Morrey -- 23. Total Elbow Arthroplasty in Acute Fracture / A. Celli -- 24. Latitude Convertible Total Elbow Prosthesis / G.J.W. King, K. Yamaguchi, S.W. O'Driscoll -- 25. Total Elbow Arthroplasty for Post-traumatic Arthrosis / A.G. Schneeberger, B.F. Morrey -- 26. Revision of Failed Elbow Arthroplasty / B.F. Morrey -- 27. Elbow Nerve Tunnel Syndromes / A. Celli, C. Rovesta, M.C. Marongiu -- 28. Traumatic Isolated Lesions of Musculocutaneous Nerve / C. Rovesta, M.C. Marongiu, G. Bonanno, A. Celli, L. Celli -- 29. The Traumatic Nerve-Vascular Lesions / R. Adani, G. Leo, L. Tarallo -- 30. The Utility of Continuous Axial Brachial Plexus Catheters after Surgery / F. Gazzotti, L.V. Indrizzi, G. Magni, E. Bertellini, A. Tassi -- 31. Elbow Brace in Physical Therapy / R. Rotini, A. Marinelli.
- Section 1: Introduction -- Definitions and classification of epilepsy -- Epidemiology and prognosis of epilepsy and its treatment -- Sudden death in epilepsy -- Aetiology of epilepsy -- Differential diagnosis of epilepsy -- Mechanisms of epileptogenesis -- Mechanisms of drug resistance in epilepsy -- Antiepileptic drug discovery -- Mechanisms of antiepileptic drug action -- Drug interactions in epilepsy -- Section 2: Principles of medical treatment -- General principles of medical treatment -- Management of newly diagnosed epilepsy -- Management of epilepsy in remission -- Management of epilepsy in infants -- Management of epilepsy in children -- Management of epilepsy in the elderly person -- Management of epilepsy in people with learning disability -- Emergency treatment of seizures and status epilepticus -- Treatment of epilepsy in general medical conditions -- Treatment of psychiatric disorders in epilepsy -- The ketogenic diet -- Complimentary and alternative treatments in epilepsy -- Reproductive aspects of epilepsy treatment -- Genetic counselling in epilepsy -- Diagnosis and treatment of non-epileptic seizures.Section 3: drugs used in the treatment of epilepsy -- The choice of drugs and approach to drug treatment in epilepsy -- Acetazolamide -- Carbamazepine -- Clobazam -- Clonazepam -- Short-acting and other benzodiazepines -- Ethosuximide -- Felbamate -- Fosphenytoin -- Gabapentin -- Lamotrigine -- Levetiracetam -- Oxcarbazepine -- Phenobarbital, primidone and other barbiturates -- Phenytoin -- Piracetam -- Pregabalin -- Rufinamide -- Tiagabine -- Topiramate -- Valproate -- Vigabatrin -- Zonisamide -- Other drugs more rarely used in the treatment of epilepsy -- Antiepileptic drugs in clinical trials.Section 4: Presurgical and evaluation of epilepsy and epilepsy surgery -- Introduction to epilepsy surgery and its presurgical assessment -- The scalp EEG in presurgical evaluation of epilepsy -- Invasive EEG in presurgical evaluation of epilepsy -- MEG in presurgical evaluation of epilepsy -- MRI in presurgical evaluation of epilepsy -- PET and SPECT in presurgical evaluation of epilepsy -- New physiological and radiological investigations in the presurgical evaluation of epilepsy -- Psychological testing in presurgical evaluation of epilepsy -- The role of psychiatric assessment in presurgical evaluation -- Surgery of hippocampal sclerosis -- Resective surgery of neoplastic lesions for epilepsy -- Resective surgery of vascular and infective lesions for epilepsy -- Surgery of cortical dysgenesis for epilepsy -- Surgery of post-traumatic epilepsy -- Paediatric epilepsy surgery -- Hemispherectomy for epilepsy -- Corpus callosum section for epilepsy -- Multiple subpial transection for epilepsy -- Awake surgery for epilepsy -- Stereotactic surgery for epilepsy-- Complications of epilepsy surgery -- Anaesthesia for epilepsy surgery -- Vagus nerve stimulation -- Future surgical approaches to epilepsy.
- Treatment of infertility with Chinese medicine. Second edition [2nd ed.] 2013, ScienceDirectMachine generated contents note: SECTION 1 THE FUNDAMENTALS -- ch. 1 A Tale of Two Clinics - The Treatment of Infertility with Chinese Medicine or Western Medicine -- ch. 2 The Menstrual Cycle -- Becoming a specialist in female infertility -- The Chinese and Western medicine approach -- The organs -- The Kidney, the Heart and the Uterus -- The other organs -- The substances -- Jing -- Yin -- Yang -- Blood -- Shen -- Qi -- The channels -- The Chong and the Ren vessels -- The Bao vessel and the Bao channel -- The Du and the Dai vessels -- How it all begins -- The menstrual cycle -- The length of the cycle -- Phases of the TCM menstrual cycle -- The Yin part of the cycle -- Follicular phase (proliferative or estrogenic phase) -- Midcycle phase (ovulation) -- The Yang part of the cycle -- Luteal phase (progestogenic or secretory phase) -- Back to the drawing board -- Parallels between TCM and Western parameters -- ch. 3 Charting the Menstrual Cycle -- Introduction -- The BBT chart --Contents note continued: The how's and why's of BBT measurements and other observations -- History of the BBT chart -- Charting the cycle from day I -- The thermometer -- The urinary ovulation predictor kit -- The chart -- Fertile mucus -- Position of the cervix -- Putting it all together -- BBT charts and pattern diagnosis -- Pattern variations -- The follicular or low phase -- Ovulation -- The luteal or high phase -- More on discharges -- SECTION 2 IN THE CLINIC -- ch. 4 Diagnosis and Treatment of Female Infertility -- pt. I Making a Diagnosis -- Introduction -- The two key elements: ovulation and menstruation -- Taking a history -- The period -- Midcycle -- Pain in the ovary -- Breast tenderness -- Genital discomfort -- TCM categories of female infertility -- Kidney deficiency -- Heart and Liver Qi stagnation -- Blood stagnation -- Phlegm-Damp accumulation -- pt. 2 Traditional Chinese Medicine Treatments for Functional Infertility -- Same disease, different treatments --Contents note continued: Prescribing treatment -- Timing of treatments -- Prescriptions -- Problems in the follicular phase or at ovulation -- Menstrual phase - discharging the lining of the uterus -- Post-menstrual phase - building Kidney Yin and the Blood -- Preparing for ovulation -- Modifications and variations -- Midcycle phase - promoting movement of Qi and Blood -- Modifications and variations -- Midcycle bleeding -- Problems in the luteal phase or at implantation -- Post-ovulation phase - maintaining Kidney Yang -- Methods to boost the Yang -- Modifications and variations -- In the clinic: putting it all together -- Treatment during pregnancy -- Morning sickness -- Towards the end of pregnancy -- ch. 5 Gynecologic Disorders which can cause Infertility -- Introduction -- Diseases and disorders which cause or contribute to infertility -- pt. I Endometriosis, Pelvic Inflammatory Disease, Fibroids and Polyps -- Endometriosis -- Etiology -- The clinical picture -- Endometriosis and infertility -- Treatment with Western medicine -- TCM treatment of endometriosis -- Strategies for treating Endometriosis -- A simpler approach -- Pelvic inflammatory disease -- TCM analysis of pelvic inflammatory disease -- Treatment of pelvic inflammatory disease -- Fibroids and polyps -- pt. 2 Ovulatory Disorders and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome -- Amenorrhea and disorders of ovulation -- Different types of ovulatory dysfunction -- Drugs used to induce ovulation -- TCM analysis of drugs -- TCM analysis of different types of ovulation disorders and amenorrhea -- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) -- PCOS and TCM -- PCOS with weight gain -- PCOS without weight gain -- Research in PCOS and TCM -- Combining TCM and western medicine -- ch. 6 Blockage of the Fallopian Tubes -- Introduction -- Can Chinese medicine treat fallopian tube blockage? -- Diagnosis of tubal blockage -- The structure of the fallopian tubes --Contents note continued: Damage to the structure of the tube -- Treatment with Chinese medicine for early-stage structural blockages -- Diagnosis -- Functional blockages -- Treatment with Chinese medicine for functional blockages -- Additional treatments for structural blockages -- Flushing the tubes -- Application of herbal medicines per rectum -- Physiotherapy -- Acupuncture -- ch. 7 Male Infertility -- Introduction -- Where and how sperm are made -- The sperm factory -- Semen analysis -- Normal parameters -- Declining sperm counts -- Age and sperm -- Constriction and heat -- Antisperm antibodies, vasectomies, varicoceles, and other blockages -- Diagnosis of male infertility in TCM -- Kidney Yin deficiency -- Kidney Yang deficiency -- Damp-Heat -- Qi and Blood stagnation -- TCM treatment of infertility -- Kidney Yin and Yang deficiency -- Damp-Heat -- Qi and Blood stagnation -- IVF procedures -- Diet and lifestyle -- ch. 8 Pregnancy Loss, Miscarriage, Immune Infertility, and Ectopic Pregnancy -- Miscarriage -- Pre- and post-implantation loss -- Miscarriage and age -- Threatened miscarriage -- Causes of threatened miscarriage -- TCM treatment of threatened miscarriage -- Western medical treatment for threatened miscarriage -- Inevitable miscarriage -- Ensuring expulsion of all pregnancy products -- Control the amount of blood lost -- Recover the Qi and Blood -- Late-stage miscarriage -- Recurrent miscarriage -- Prevention of future miscarriage -- Causes of recurrent miscarriage -- TCM diagnosis and treatment of recurrent miscarriage -- Immune-related miscarriages -- Early pregnancy -- Missed abortion -- Male factor treatment -- Conception timing and miscarriage -- Ectopic pregnancy -- Preventing ectopic pregnancies -- Other ectopic pregnancies -- Conclusion -- SECTION 3 COMBINING CHINESE AND WESTERN MEDICINE --Contents note continued: ch. 9 Assisted Reproduction Technology and In Vitro Fertilization -- Introduction -- IVF statistics -- The ART clinic -- Artificial insemination (AI) -- In vitro fertilization (IVF) -- ch. 10 Assisted Reproduction Technology and Traditional Chinese Medicine -- Infertility patients and their treatment needs -- Comparing different infertility treatments -- IVF and TCM - different approach -- IVF and TCM - different techniques -- IVF and TCM - different emphasis -- In the clinic - combining TCM and ART -- TCM and IVF - points of influence -- Diagnosis of the IVF patient -- ch. 11 Traditional Chinese Medicine Treatment of the IVF Patient -- Using TCM in preparation for an IVF cycle -- Kidney deficiency (and egg quality) -- Heart and Liver Qi stagnation (and sleep and stress) -- Blood stagnation -- Phlegm-Damp (and weight loss) -- Preparation for IVF for men -- Treatment during the IVF cycle -- 4-Phase TCM treatment during the IVF cycle -- Ovarian hyper-stimulation syndrome -- The positive pregnancy test -- The negative pregnancy test -- Research on acupuncture and IVF -- Effects on implantation and pregnancy rate -- Acupuncture points used on the day of embryo transfer (ET) -- Effects on endometrium -- Conclusion -- SECTION 4 LIFESTYLE AND FERTILITY -- ch. 12 Diet and Lifestyle -- Introduction -- A Chinese medicine perspective -- Jing -- Yin -- Yang -- Qi and Blood -- Phlegm-Damp -- Fluid intake -- Preconception diets -- Nutritional supplements -- Weight -- Losing weight -- Exercise -- Stress -- Sleep -- Sleep and sex hormones -- Sleep and metabolism -- Sleep and stress -- Sleep and the immune system -- A good night's sleep -- Our daily drugs -- Caffeine -- Alcohol -- Nicotine -- Marijuana -- Junk food -- Other drugs -- Environmental pollutants -- Polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) -- Polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDEs) -- Phthalates -- Bisphenol A (BPA) -- Perfluorinated compounds (PFCs) -- 4-vinylcyclohexene diepoxide (VCD) -- Trichloroethylene (TCE) -- Alkylphenol ethoxylates (APEs) -- Glycol ethers -- Heavy metals -- Electromagnetic fields -- Conclusions.
- Treatment of leukemia and lymphoma Lane Catalog record
- Treatment of osteoarthritic change in the hip 2007, Springer
- Treatment of the obese patient 2007, SpringerNeuroregulation of appetite / Ofer Reizes, Stephen C. Benoit, and Deborah J. Clegg -- Gut peptides / Vian Amber and Stephen R. Bloom -- Endocannabanoids and energy homeostasis / Stephen C. Woods and Daniela Cota -- Obesity and adipokines / Nicole H. Rogers, Martin S. Obin, and Andrew S. Greenberg -- Free fatty acids, insulin resistance, and ectopic fat / David E. Kelley -- Critical importance of the perinatal period in the development of obesity / Barry E. Levin -- Measurement of body composition in obesity / Jennifer L. Kuk and Robert Ross -- Energy expenditure in obesity / Leanne M. Redman and Eric Ravussin -- Socioeconomics of obesity / Roland Sturm and Yuhua Bao -- Assessment of the obese patient / Daniel H. Bessesen -- Polycystic ovarian syndrome / Romana Dmitrovic and Richard S. Legro -- Weight management in diabetes prevention : translating the Diabetic Prevention Program into clinical practice / F. Xavier Pi-Sunyer -- Reductions in dietary energy density as a weight management strategy / Jenny H. Ledikwe ... [et al.] -- Glycemic index, obesity, and diabetes / Cara B. Ebbeling and David S. Ludwig -- Low-carbohydrate diets / Angela P. Makris and Gary D. Foster -- Physical activity and obesity / John M. Jakicic ... [et al.] --Motivational interviewing in medical settings : application to obesity conceptual issues and evidence review / Ken R. Resnicow and Abdul Shaikh -- Weight-loss drugs : current and on the horizon / George A. Bray and Frank L. Greenway -- Surgical approaches and outcomes : treatment of the obese patient / George L. Blackburn and Vivian M. Sanchez -- Managing micronutrient deficiencies in the bariatric surgical patient / Robert F. Kushner -- Lessons learned from the national weight control registry / James O. Hill ... [et al.] -- Pediatric obesity / Lawrence D. Hammer.
- Treatment of thyroid tumor 2013, Springer
- Treatment planning for person-centered care 2005, ScienceDirectIntroduction : planning the trip -- Person-centered care -- The value of individual planning -- Assessment -- Understanding needs : the narrative summary -- Setting goals -- Focusing on change : specifying the objectives -- Interventions -- Evaluating the process.
- "With the advent of computer technology and medical imaging, treatment planning in radiation oncology has evolved from a way of devising beam arrangements to a sophisticated process whereby imaging scanners are used to define target volume, simulators are used to outline treatment volume, and computers are used to select optimal beam arrangements for treatment. As such, this book is designed to provide a comprehensive discussion of the clinical, physical, and technical aspects of treatment planning. The intent of Treatment Planning in Radiation Oncology is to review these methodologies and present a contemporary version of the treatment planning process"--Provided by publisher.
- Treatments from toxins 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Anatomical overview of the central and peripheral nervous system -- Physiology of the nervous system -- Characterization of tremor -- Principal disorders associated with tremor -- Quantification of tremor -- Mechanisms of tremor -- Treatments.
- Trends in drug research. III. 1st ed. 2002, ScienceDirect
- Trends in EU health care system 2007, Springer
- Trends in high pressure bioscience and biotechnology 2002, ScienceDirect
- Trends in innate immunity 2008, KargerFrom Darwin and Metchnikoff to Burnet and beyond / Cooper, E.L. -- General introduction to innate immunity: Dr. Jekyl/Mr. Hyde quality of the innate immune system / Zonker, K.S. -- The innate immune system of mammals and insects / Müller, U. ... [et al.] -- Pattern recognition receptors and their role in innate immunity: focus on microbial protein ligands / Areschoug, T., Gordon, S. -- Antimicrobial peptides in innate immune responses / Sorensen, O.E., Borregaard, N., Cole, A.M. -- Complement: an efficient sword of innate immunity / Rambach, G., Würzner, R., Speth, C. -- Antibacterial chemokines: actors in both innate and adaptive immunity / Eliasson, M., Egesten, A. -- The role of neutrophils and monocytes in innate immunity / Kantari, C., Pederzoli-Ribeil, M., Witko-Sarsat, V. -- Innate immune functions of the airway epithelium / Bartlett, J.A., Fischer, A.J., McCray, Jr, P.B. -- Oxidative innate immune defenses by Nox/Duox family NADPH oxidases / Rada, B., Leto, T.L. -- Aging and impairment of innate immunity / Nomellini, V., Gomez, C.R., Kovacs, E.J.
- Trends in neurovascular surgery 2011, SpringerEndoscopic Intra-Hematomal Evacuation of Intracerebral Hematomas - A Suitable Technique for Patients with Coagulopathies -- The Prediction of 30-Day Mortality and Functional Outcome in Spontaneous Intracerebral Hemorrhage with Secondary Ventricular Hemorrhage: A Score Comparison -- Characteristics of Carotid Plaque Findings on Ultrasonography and Black Blood Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Comparison with Pathological Findings -- Indication for Surgical Treatment of Carotid Arterial Stenosis in High-Risk Patients -- The Impact of Early Perfusion CT Measurement After Extracranial-Intracranial Bypass Surgery: Results of a Pilot Study -- Genetic and Clinical Characteristics of Moyamoya Disease in Europeans -- Effect of Mouth Opening on Bypass Function After Combined Revascularization for Moyamoya Disease -- Revascularisation Surgery and Long-Term Follow-up in Juvenile Moyamoya Syndrome: A Retrospective Analysis -- Tissue Fusion, a New Opportunity for Sutureless Bypass Surgery -- STA-MCA Bypass for the Treatment of Ischemic Stroke -- The New MRI Modalities "BPAS and VISTA" for the Diagnosis of VA Dissection -- Intracranial Stenting in Arterial Occlusive Disease -- A View on the Current and Future Therapy of Brain Aneurysms -- Surgical Treatment for Aneurysms in the Cavernous - Petrous Portion of the Internal Carotid Artery -- Aneurysms of the Posterior Cerebral Artery and Approach Selection in Their Microsurgical Treatment: Emphasis on the Approaches: SAHEA and SCTTA -- Neck Clipping of Paraclinoid Small Aneurysms -- Deferoxamine Reduces Early Brain Injury Following Subarachnoid Hemorrhage -- Does Magnetic Resonance Imaging Produce Further Benefit for Detecting a Bleeding Source in Subarachnoid Hemorrhage of Unknown Origin? -- Treatment of Experimental Cerebral Vasospasm by Protein Transduction of Heme Oxygenase 1 (HO-1) Conjugated to a Residue of 11 Arginines -- Training Models for Vascular Microneurosurgery -- How to Deal with Incompletely Treated AVMs: Experience of 67 Cases and Review of the Literature -- Clinical Relevance of Associated Aneurysms with Arteriovenous Malformations of the Posterior Fossa.
- Trends in stem cell biology and technology 2009, Springer
- Trial of Ebenezer Haskell, in lunacy, and his acquittal before Judge Brewster, in November, 1868 Fulltext
- Tribology in total hip arthroplasty 2011, Springer
- Trigger point dry needling 2013, ScienceDirect
- TRIM/RBCC proteins 2012, SpringerGenomics and evolution of the TRIM gene family / Germana Meroni -- The tripartite motif : structure and function / Lucia Micale ... [et al.] -- TRIM proteins as ring finger E3 ubiquitin ligases / Kazuhiro Ikeda and Satoshi Inoue -- PML nuclear bodies and other TRIM-defined subcellular compartments / Elizabeth C. Batty, Kirsten Jensen, and Paul S. Freemont -- TRIM involvement in transcriptional regulation / Florence Cammas ... [et al.] -- TRIM proteins in cancer / Valeria Cambiaghi ... [et al.] -- TRIM proteins and the innate immune response to viruses / Melvyn W. Yap and Jonathan P. Stoye -- The microtubule-associated C-I subfamily of TRIM proteins and the regulation of polarized cell responses / Timothy C. Cox -- MuRFS : specialized members of the TRIM/RBCC family with roles in the regulation of the trophic state of muscle and its metabolism / Olga Mayans and Siegfried Labeit -- Trim proteins in development / Francesca Petrera and Germana Meroni.
- Trinucleotide repeat protocols 2004, Springer ProtocolsMouse models of triplet repeat diseases / Gillian P. Bates and David G. Hay -- Analysis of triplet repeat replication by two-dimensional gel electrophoresis / Maria M. Krasilnikova and Sergei M. Mirkin -- Genetic analysis for triplet repeat instability in yeast / Michael J. Dixon, Saumitri Bhattacharyya, and Robert S. Lahue -- Detection and isolation of trinucleotide repeat expansions using the RED method / Qiu-Ping Yuan and Martin Schalling -- Analysis of unstable triplet repeats using small pool polymerase chain reaction / Mário Gomes-Pereira, Sanjay I. Bidichandani, and Darren G. Monckton -- Real-time RT-PCR for CTG repeat-containing genes / Maria Eriksson -- Antibodies against Huntingtin: production and screening of monoclonals and single-chain recombinant forms / Ali Khoshnan ... [et al.] -- Using antibodies to analyze polyglutamine stretches / Elizabeth Brooks ... [et al.] -- Solubilization of aggregates formed by expanded polyglutamine tract expression in cultured cells / Noriko Hazeki and Ichiro Kanazawa -- Caenorhabditis elegans as a model system for triplet repeat diseases / Cindy Voisine and Anne C. Hart --Monitoring aggregate formation in organotypic slice cultures from transgenic mice / Donna L. Smith and Gillian P. Bates -- The CGG repeat and the FMR1 gene / Violeta Stoyanova and Ben A. Oostra -- Analysis of CTG repeats using DM1 model mice / Cédric Savouret, Claudine Junien, and Genevieve Gourdon -- Lentiviral-mediated gene transfer to model triplet repeat disorders / Etienne Régulier ... [et al.] -- Mouse tissue culture models of unstable triplet repeats / Mário Gomes-Pereira and Darren G. Monckton -- Neurotransmitter receptor analysis in transgenic mouse models / Caroline L. Benn, Laurie A. Farrell, and Jang-ho J. Cha -- Chromatin immunoprecipitation technique for study of transcriptional dysregulation in intact mouse brain / Melissa W. Braveman ... [et al.] -- Techniques for thick-section golgi impregnation of formalin-fixed brain tissue / Tracie L. Moss and William O. Whetsell, Jr -- Assessment of impaired proteasomal function in a cellular model of polyglutamine diseases / Nihar Ranjan Jana and Nobuyuki Nukina -- Assessment of in vitro and in vivo mitochondrial function in Friedreich's Ataxia and Huntington's Disease / Anthony Schapira and Raffaele Lodi --Triplet repeats and DNA repair: germ cell and somatic cell instability in transgenic mice / Irina V. Kovtun, Craig Spiro, and Cynthia T. McMurray -- Oxidative damage in Huntington's Disease / José Segovia and Francisca Pérez-Severiano.
- Triplet births Fulltext
- Trophic and guild interactions in biological control 2006, Springer
- Tropical and parasitic infections in the intensive care unit 2005, SpringerSevere malaria, South African perspective / Lucille Blumberg -- Severe malaria: North American perspective / Monica E. Parise, and Linda S. Lewis -- Viruses in the intensive care unit (ICU), South African perspective / Guy A. Richards, Bunter Schleicher and Mervyn Mer -- Viral infections in ICU patients, North American perspective / David E. Greenburg, and Stephen B. Greenberg -- Tuberculosis in the intensive care unit, South African perspective / Charles Feldman -- Tuberculosis in the intensive care unit: the North American Perspective / Loren C. Denlinger, and Jeffrey Glassroth -- HIV in the ICU, South African perspective / Alan S. Karstaedt, L. Rhudo Mathivha, Christine L.N. Banage -- HIV infection and associated infections in the intensive care unit: perspectives from North America / Scott E. Evans and Andrew H. Limper -- African trypanosomiasis / Hayden T. White -- Parasitic infections in the ICU / John Frean -- Fungal infections in the ICU / Francois I. Venter and Ian Sanne -- Endemic mycosis, North American perspective / Chadi A. Hage, Kenneth S. Knox, George A. Sarosi -- Index.
- Tropical infectious diseases. 2nd ed. v. 1-2, 2006.
- Tropical infectious diseases. 3rd ed. 2011, ScienceDirectTropical Infectious Diseases: Principles, Pathogens and Practice, by Drs. Richard L. Guerrant, David H. Walker, and Peter F. Weller, delivers the expert, encyclopedic guidance you need to overcome the toughest clinical challenges in diagnosing and treating diseases caused by infectious agents from tropical regions. Sweeping updates to this 3rd edition include vaccines, SARS, hepatitis A-E, Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever virus, tick-borne encephalitis and Omsk hemorrhagic fever, human papilloma virus, and mucormycosis. New full-color images throughout allow you to more accurately view the clinical manifestations of each disease and better visualize the life cycles of infectious agents. And, full-text online access at www.expertconsult.com enables you to perform quick searches and rapidly locate and download images. Definitive, state-of-the-art coverage of pathophysiology as well as clinical management makes this the reference you'll want to consult - online and in print - whenever you are confronted with tropical infections, whether familiar or unfamiliar! Obtain complete and trustworthy advice from hundreds of the leading experts on tropical diseases worldwide, including cutting-edge summaries of pathophysiology and epidemiology as well as clinical management.
- Tropomyosin 2008, SpringerIntroduction and historical perspective / Peter Gunning -- Structure and evolution of tropomyosin genes / Bernadette Vrhovski, Nadine Thézé, and Pierre Thiébaud -- Tropomyosin exons as models for alternative splicing / Clare Gooding and Christopher W.J. Smith -- Tropomyosin gene expression in vivo and in vitro / Galina Schevzov and Geraldine O'Neill -- Tropomyosin : function follows structure / Sarah E. Hitchcock-DeGregori -- Dimerization of tropomyosins / Mario Gimona -- Cooperative binding of tropomyosin to actin / Larry S. Tobacman -- Tropomyosin and the steric mechanism of muscle regulation / William Lehman and Roger Craig -- Role of tropomyosin in the regulation of contraction in smooth muscle / Steve Marston and M. El-Mezgueldi -- Tropomyosin as a regulator of cancer cell transformation / David M. Helfman ... [et al.] -- The role of tropomyosin in heart disease / David F. Wieczorek, Ganapathy Jagatheesan, and Sudarsan Rajan -- Tropomyosins in skeletal muscle diseases / Anthony J. Kee and Edna C. Hardeman -- Tropomyosins in human diseases : ulcerative colitis / Kiron M. Das and Manisha Bajpai -- Tropomyosin function in yeast / David Pruyne -- Isoform sorting of tropomyosins / Claire Martin and Peter Gunning -- Human tropomyosin isoforms in the regulation of cytoskeleton functions / Jim Jung ... [et al.] -- Tropomyosins regulate the impact of actin binding proteins on actin filaments / Uno Lindberg ... [et al.] -- Tropomyosin and ADF/cofilin as collaborators and competitors / Thomas B. Kuhn and James R. Bamburg -- Caldesmon and the regulation of cytoskeletal functions / C.L. Albert Wang -- Tropomyosins as discriminators of myosin function / E. Michael Ostap -- Tropomodulin/tropomyosin interactions regulate actin pointed end dynamics / Alla S. Kostyukova -- Emerging issues for tropomyosin structure, regulation, function, and pathology / Peter Gunning.
- Ethnic symbols in conflicted times -- Eradicating a "Jewish gene": promises and pitfalls in the fight against Tay-Sachs disease -- Risky business in white America: gene therapy and other ventures in the treatment of cystic fibrosis -- A perilous lottery for the Black family: sickle cells, social justice, and the new therapeutic gamble -- Dreams amid diversity.
- TRP channels 2011, CRCnetBASE"Transient Receptor Potential (TRP) channels have gained a lot of popularity in recent years due to their involvement in a wide variety of cellular functions in many different systems. The purpose of this book is to provide detailed methods for the study of TRP channels. It includes expression and functional studies of TRP channels in heterologous systems as well as structural and functional studies of TRP channels. The author also explores various methods for detailed analysis of biophysical properties of TRP channels. In addition, the text covers high-throughput screening assays for TRP channels and offers novel and effective approaches to study endogenous TRP channel function in native systems"--Provided by publisher.
- True and false recovered memories 2012, SpringerIntroduction: In the Aftermath of the So-Called Memory Wars /Robert F. Belli --The Cognitive Neuroscience of True and False Memories /Marcia K. Johnson, Carol L. Raye, Karen J. Mitchell, and Elizabeth Ankudowich --Towards a Cognitive and Neurobiological Model of Motivated Forgetting /Michael C. Anderson and Ean Huddleston --Searching for Repressed Memory /Richard J. McNally --A Theoretical Framework for Understanding Recovered Memory Experiences /Chris R. Brewin --Cognitive Underpinnings of Recovered Memories of Childhood Abuse /Elke Geraerts --Motivated Forgetting and Misremembering: Perspectives from Betrayal Trauma Theory /Anne P. DePrince, Laura S. Brown, Ross R. Cheit, Jennifer J. Freyd, Steven N. Gold, Kathy Pezdek, and Kathryn Quina --Epilogue: Continuing Points of Contention on the Recovered Memory Debate /Robert F. Belli.
- Tryptophan 2002, CRCnetBASE
- TT viruses 2009, Springer
- Tuberculosis 2004
- Tuberculosis prevalence surveys 2011, WHOPart I. Rationale and objectives -- Chapter 1. What, why, where and how? -- Chapter 2. Survey goal, objectives and indicators -- Part II. Design and methods -- Chapter 3. Protocol development and standard operating procedures -- Chapter 4. Case definitions and screening strategies -- Chapter 5. Sampling design -- Chapter 6. Interviews, data collection tools and informed consent -- Chapter 7. Chest radiography -- Chapter 8. Bacteriology -- Chapter 9. Repeat surveys -- Chapter 10. Ethical considerations -- Chapter 11. TB treatment, HIV testing and other critical interventions -- Chapter 12. Budgeting and financing -- Part III. Management, organization, logistics and field work -- Chapter 13. Survey organization and training -- Chapter 14. Field operations -- Chapter 15. Documents and data management -- Part IV. Analysis and reporting -- Chapter 16. Analysis and reporting.
- The global tuberculosis epidemic : scale, dynamics, and prospects for control / Christopher Dye and Philippe Glaziou -- The epidemiology of tuberculosis / Megan Murray -- Pathogenesis of tuberculosis : new insights / Nicholas A. Be, William R. Bishai, and Sanjay K. Jain -- Diagnosis of pulmonary and extrapulmonary tuberculosis / Phung K. Lam, Antonino Catanzaro, and Sharon Perry -- Treatment of tuberculosis / Philip C. Hopewell -- Tuberculosis/HIV coinfection : epidemiology, clinical aspects, and programmatic interventions / Alasdair Reid, Haileyesus Getahun, and Enrico Girardi -- Diagnosis and treatment of drug-resistant tuberculosis / Kwonjune Seung and Michael L. Rich -- Achieving higher case detection and cure rates : national programs and beyond / Knut Lönnroth ... [et al.] -- Antituberculosis drug resistance in the world : the latest information / Abigail Wright and Matteo Zignol -- Programmatic management of HIV-associated tuberculosis / Anthony D. Harries and Paul P. Nunn -- WHO's stop TB strategy : progress and prospects / Mukund Uplekar, Diana Weil, and Mario C. Raviglione -- New diagnostics for tuberculosis : status of development / Mark D. Perkins and Richard J. O'Brien -- New drugs for tuberculosis / Ann Ginsberg and Melvin Spigelman -- The future of tuberculosis vaccinology / Jelle Thole, Ruth Griffin, and Douglas Young.
- Tumeurs malignes rares 2010, Springer
- Tumor ablation 2013, Springer
- Tumor ablation 2005
- Tumor angiogenesis 2008, Springer
- Tumor antigens recognized by T cells and antibodies 2003, CRCnetBASEMouse models in the recognition of tumour antigens / Vito R. Cicinnati, Susanne Beckebaum and Albert B. Deleo -- The Wilms tumour antigen as CTL target / Hans J. Stauss -- Heat/shock proteins and tumour antigens / Zihai Li -- Melanoma antigens recognized by CD8+ T cells / Yutaka Kawakami -- Squamous cells and adeno cancer antigens recognized by T cells / Kyogo Itoh ... [et al.] -- Altered peptide ligands of tumor T cell epitopes: implications for more effective vaccine-therapy in human neoplasia / Licia Rivoltini -- Ex vivo and in situ tetramer analysis of CTL responses to tumours / Ton N. Schumacher and John B.A.G. Haanen -- Antigens of the mage family recognized by CD4+ T cells / Catia Traversari -- Melanoma antigens recognized by CD4+ T cells / Rongfu Wang -- Human tumour antigens recognized by antibodies (serex) / Michael Pfreundschuh ... [et al.] -- Antibodies to tumour oncoproteins in cancer patients -- Lupe Salazar and Mary L. Disis -- Antibody and CTL responses to the NY-ESO antigen / Elke Jager, Dirk Jager and Alexander Knuth.
- Tumor immunology and cancer vaccines 2005, Springer
- Tumor microenvironment 2010, Springer
- Tumor microenvironment and cellular stress 2014, SpringerThe collection of chapters in this proceeding volume reflects the latest research presented at the Aegean meeting on Tumor Microenvironment and Cellular Stress held in Crete in Fall of 2012. The book provides critical insight to how the tumor microenvironment affects tumor metabolism, cell stemness, cell viability, genomic instability and more. Additional topics include identifying common pathways that are potential candidates for therapeutic intervention, which will stimulate collaboration between groups that are more focused on elucidation of biochemical aspects of stress biology and groups that study the pathophysiological aspects of stress pathways or engaged in drug discovery.
- Tumor models in cancer research. 2nd ed. 2011, SpringerPerspectives on the history and evolution of tumor models -- Murine L1210 and P388 leukemias -- Transplantable syngeneic rodent tumors: solid tumors in mice -- B16 murine melanoma: historical perspective on the development of a solid tumor model -- Human tumor xenograft efficacy models -- Imaging the steps of metastasis at the macro and cellular level with fluorescent proteins in real time -- Patient-derived tumor models and explants -- The pediatric preclinical testing program -- Imaging efficacy in tumor models -- Mammary cancer in rats -- Animal models of melanoma -- Experimental animal models for investigating renal cell carcinoma pathogenesis and preclinical therapeutic approaches -- Animal models of mesothelioma -- The use of mouse models to study leukemia/lymphoma and assess therapeutic approaches -- Spontaneous companion animal (pet) cancers -- Genetically engineered mouse models of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma -- Transgenic adenocarcinoma of the mouse prostate: a validated model for the identification and characterization of molecular targets and the evaluation of therapeutic agents -- The utility of transgenic mouse models for cancer prevention research -- Models for evaluation of targeted therapies of invasive and metastatic disease -- Animal models of toxicities caused by anti-neoplastic therapy -- Bone marrow as a critical normal tissue that limits drug dose/exposure in preclinical models and the clinic -- Anesthetic considerations for the study of murine tumor models -- Preclinical tumor response end points -- Tumor cell survival -- Apoptosis in vivo -- Transparent window models and intravital microscopy: imaging gene expression, physiological function and therapeutic effects in tumors.
- Tumor necrosis factor 2004, Springer Protocols
- Tumor necrosis factor inhibition and opportunistic infections Lane Catalog record
- Tumor neurosurgery 2006, SpringerI. Investigations -- Neurophysiology / Allen E. Waziri, Derek A. Taggard and Vincent C. Traynelis -- Neuroradiology and Ultrasound / David G. Hughes and Roger A. Chisholm -- Neuropathology / Cheng-Mei Shaw and Ellsworth C. Alvord -- II. Perioperative Care -- Neuroanesthesia / Maryke A. Kraayenbrink and Gregory R. McAnulty -- Neurosurgical Intensive Care / Tessa L. Whitton and Arthur M. Lam -- III. Techniques -- Neuroendoscopy / Jonathan Punt -- Principles and Practice of Image-guided Neurosurgery / Kristian Aquilina, Philip Edwards and Anthony Strong -- Stereotactic Radiosurgery / Andras A. Kemeny, Matthias W. R. Radatz and Jeremy G. Rowe -- IV. Tumors -- Low-grade Gliomasin Adults / Henry Marsh -- Neurosurgical Management of High-grade Gliomas / Robert C. Rostomily, Alexander M. Spence and Daniel L. Silbergeld -- Sellar and Parasellar Tumors / Richard J. Stacey and Michael P. Powell -- Meningiomas / James J. Evans, Joung H. Lee, John Suh and Mladen Golubic -- Intraventricular and Pineal Region Tumors / Sandeep Kunwar, G. Evren Keles and Mitchell S. Berger -- Cerebello-pontine Angle Tumors / Peter C. Whitfield and David G. Hardy -- Skull Base Tumors / Richard S. C. Kerr and Christopher A. Milford -- Tumors: Cerebral Metastases and Lymphoma / Sepideh Amin-Hanjani and Griffith R. Harsh -- Pediatric Neuro-oncology / Kevin L. Stevenson, J. Russell Geyer and Richard G. Ellenbogen -- Management of Spinal Tumors / Karl F. Kothbauer, George I. Jallo and Fred J. Epstein -- Management of Extradural Spinal Tumors / David A. Lundin, Charlie Kuntz and Christopher I. Shaffrey.
- Tumor prevention and genetics III 2005, SpringerLifestyle and Medical Approaches to Cancer Prevention / Peter Greenwald, p. 1-15 -- Application of Genetics to the Prevention of Colorectal Cancer / John Hopper, p. 17-33 -- Genetics and Prevention of Oesophageal Adenocarcinoma / Rebecca Fitzgerald, p. 35-46 -- Preclinical Models Relevant to Diet, Exercise, and Cancer Risk R. James Barnard and William Aronson, p. 47-62 -- Individualizing Interventions for Cancer Prevention / Michael Pollak, p. 63-70 -- Can Animal Models Help Us Select Specific Compounds for Cancer Prevention Trials? / Ernest Hawk, Asad Umar, Ronald Lubet, Levy Kopelovich and Jaye Viner, p. 71-88 -- Problems with Using Biomarkers as Surrogate End Points for Cancer: A Cautionary Tale / Arthur Schatzkin, p. 89-98 -- Can a Marker Be a Surrogate for Development of Cancer, and Would We Know It if It Exists? / William Armstrong, Thomas Taylor and Frank Meyskens, p. 99-112 -- How Should We Move the Field of Chemopreventive Agent Development Forward in a Productive Manner? / Frank Meyskens and Eva Szabo, p. 113-124 -- The Problems with Risk Selection; Scientific and Psychosocial Aspects / Anne-Renée Hartman, p. 125-144 -- Chemoprevention of Lung Cancer / Stéphane Vignot, Jean-Philippe Spano, Sylvie Lantuejoul, Fabrice André, Thierry Le Chevalier and Jean-Charles Soria, p. 145-165 -- Anti-nicotine Vaccination: Where Are We? / T. Cerny, p. 167-175 -- Primary Prevention of Colorectal Cancer: Lifestyle, Nutrition, Exercise / María Martínez, p. 177-211 -- Chemoprevention of Colorectal Cancer: Ready for Routine Use? / Nadir Arber and Bernard Levin, p. 213-230 -- Screening of Colorectal Cancer: Progress and Problems Sidney Winawer, p. 231-244 -- The Role of Endogenous Hormones in the Etiology and Prevention of Breast Cancer: The Epidemiological Evidence / Paola Muti, p. 245-256 -- Innovative Agents in Cancer Prevention / Margaret Manson, Peter Farmer, Andreas Gescher and William Steward, p. 257-275 -- The IARC Commitment to Cancer Prevention: The Example of Papillomavirus and Cervical Cancer / Silvia Franceschi, p. 277-297 -- Health Economics in the Genomic Age / Thomas Szucs, p. 299-313 -- Screening for Cancer: Are Resources Being Used Wisely? / Robert Kaplan, p. 315-334.
- Tumor suppressor genes Springer Protocolsv. 2 Springer Protocolsv. 1 Pathways and isolation strategies -- v. 2 Regulation, function, and medicinal application.
- Tumor-Associated Fibroblasts and their Matrix 2011, SpringerDuring the last 20 years, it has become increasingly clear that the tumor micro-environment, the tumor stroma with its cellular end extracellular components, plays an crucial role in regulating tumor growth and progression. This book on 'Tumor-associated fibroblasts and their matrix' as part of the series on "Tumor-Microenvironment" is the first comprehensive discussion of these two main players of the tumor microenvironment. The best experts in this new area of tumor research and therapy review the role of these major components in the tumor stroma in the process of tumor developmen.
- Tumor-induced immune suppression 2008, Springer
- Tumors of the brain and spine 2007, Springer
- Tumors of the central nervous system v. 1-, 2011-, SpringerPt. 1. Astrocytomas : diagnosis and biomarkers -- pt. 2. Astrocytomas : therapy -- pt. 3. Astrocytomas : prognosis -- pt. 4. Hemangioblastoma -- pt. 5. Ganglioglioma -- pt. 6. Spinal Tumors (Part 1) -- pt. 7. Meningiomas and Schwannomas -- pt. 8. Astrocytoma, Medulloblastoma, Retinoblastoma, Chordoma, Craniopharyngioma, Oligodendroglioma, and Ependymoma.
- Tumors of the central nervous system. Vol. 1-2, Gliomas, glioblastoma v. 1-, 2011-, Springerv. 2, 2012 Springer
- Tumors of the central nervous system. Vol. 3-4, Brain tumors Part 1-2 2011-12, Springerv. 4 Springer
- Tumors of the central nervous system. Vol. 5, Astrocytomas, hemangioblastomas, and gangliogliomas 2012, Springer
- Tumors of the central nervous system. Vol. 8, Astrocytoma, medulloblastoma, retinoblastoma, chordoma, craniopharyngioma, oligodendroglioma, and ependymona 2012, Springer
- Tumors of the central nervous system. Vol. 9, Lymphoma, supratentorial tumors, glioneuronal tumors, gangliogliomas, neuroblastoma in adults, astrocytomas, ependymomas, hemangiomas, and craniopharyngiomas 2012, SpringerThe ninth volume in this essential series discusses key advances in our understanding of neoplasms in the human central nervous system. This publication deals with various aspects of nine separate types of brain tumors. With 70 contributors from 17 nations, this edition offers an unrivalled thoroughness and breadth of coverage that includes the very latest research results on the following tumor types: astrocytoma, lymphoma, supratentorial and glioneuronal tumors, gangliogliomas, neuroblastoma in adults, hemangioma, and ependymoma.The content introduces new technologies and their applications
- Tumors of the chest 2006, Springer
- Normal pancreas -- Classification of pancreatic tumors -- Staging -- Serous cystic neoplasms -- Mucinous cystic neoplasms -- Intraductal neoplasms -- Ductal adenocarcinoma -- Adenocarcinoma variants -- Acinar neoplasms -- Pancreatoblastoma -- Solid-pseudopapillary neoplasms -- Endocrine neoplasms -- Nonepithelial and miscellaneous neoplasms -- Secondary neoplasms -- Non-neoplastic tumors and tumor-like lesions -- Dissection and reporting of pancreatic resection specimens -- Diagnostic evaluation of pancreatic neoplasms.
- Tumour-associated macrophages 2012, Springer
- Turmeric 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Turning up the heat on pain 2005, Springer
- Tutorials in biostatistics v. 1., 2004v. 1. Statistical methods in clinical studies -- v. 2. Statistical modelling of complex medical data.
- Twelve-lead electrocardiography. 2nd ed. 2007, SpringerEssential cardiac anatomy and physiology as it relates to the electrocardiogram -- Electrocardiographic waveforms -- Cardiac vectors and lead systems -- Derivation of the normal electrocardiogram -- Electrical axis -- Intraventricular conduction delays: the hemiblocks -- Intraventricular conduction delays: the bundle branch blocks -- Chamber enlargement -- Myocardial infarction -- Ischemia and anginal syndromes -- The electrocardiogram and the clinical evaluation of chest pain -- The advanced cardiac life support provider and therapeutic interventions in acute myocardial infarction -- Miscellaneous conditions -- Case presentations.
- Twenty years of G-CSF 2012, Springer
- Twenty-six Portland place SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Foundation of the Society -- The Society established and Manson's presidency, 1907-9 -- Ross's presidency: 'from a very tender plant to a very vigorous tree', 1909-11 -- The Pre-war years (1911-14) and the Royal Society of Medicine's attempt to absorb the STMH -- The Society during the Great War (1914-18) -- Early inter-war years (1919-20) -- The Society becomes Royal -- The 1920s : consolidation of the Society, but still no permanent base, and an unfortunate episode involving the Colonial Office -- George Carmichael Low's presidency and removal to Manson House, 1929-33 -- The Mid-1930s: the Society safely installed in its own house -- The Pre-World War II years -- The Society during World War II (1939-45), and the future of clinical tropical medicine -- The Early post-war years, 1946-50 -- Completion of the Society's first half-century in 1957 -- Epilogue to the Society's first half-century, 1907-57.
- Two dimensional electrophoresis protocols 2009, Springer ProtocolsTwo-dimensional electrophoresis : an overview / Richard Smith -- Solubilization of proteins in 2DE : an outline / Thierry Rabilloud -- Selection of pH ranges in 2DE / Mireille Starita-Geribaldi -- Difficult proteins / Ben Herbert and Elizabeth Harry -- Organelle proteomics / Matthias Plöscher ... [et al.] -- Applications of chemical tagging approaches in combination with 2DE and mass spectrometry / Alexander Leitner and Wolfgang Lindner -- Immunoblotting 2DE membranes / Brian McDonagh -- Troubleshooting image analysis in 2DE / Bettina Levänen and Åsa M. Wheelock -- Analysis of bacterial proteins by 2DE / Philip Cash and Evelyn Argo -- Proteomic analysis of Caenorhabditis elegans / Pan-Young Jeong ...[et al.] -- Protein extraction for 2DE / Claus Zabel and Joachim Klose -- Analysis of proteins from marine molluscs / Suze Chora, Maria João Bebianno, and Michèle Roméo -- Preparation and analysis of plastid proteomes by 2DE / Anne von Zychlinski and Wilhelm Gruissem -- High resolution 2DE / Katrin Marcus ...[et al.] -- Blue native-gel electrophoresis proteomics / Kelly Andringa, Adrienne King, and Shannon Bailey -- 2DE for proteome analysis of human metaphase chromosomes / Kiichi Fukui and Susumu Uchiyama -- Microsomal proteomics / Diana M. Wong and Khosrow Adeli -- Prefractionation using microscale solution IEF / Won-A Joo and David Speicher -- Diagonal electrophoresis for detection of protein disulphide bridges / Brian McDonagh -- High-resolution large-gel 2DE / Claus Zabel and Joachim Klose -- Silver staining of proteins in 2DE gels / Cécile Lelong ...[et al.] -- Detection of 4-hydroxy-2-nonenal- and 3-nitrotyrosine-modified proteins using a proteomics approach / Rukhsana Sultana, Tanea Reed, and D. Allan Butterfield -- Proteomic detection of oxidized and reduced thiol proteins in cultured cells / Sarah L. Cuddihy ...[et al.] -- Detection of ubiquitination in 2DE / Brian McDonagh -- Phosphoroproteome analysis by in-gel isoelectric focusing and tandem mass spectrometry / Sarka Beranova-Georgianni, Dominic M. Desiderio, and Francesco Giorgianni -- Detection of protein glutathionylation / Elisabetta Gianazza, Ivano Eberini, and Pietro Ghezzi -- Activity-based protein profiling of protein tyrosine phosphatases / Chad Walls, Bo Zhou, and Zhong-Yin Zhang -- Active protease mapping in 2DE gels / Zhenjun Zhao and Pamela J. Russell -- Two-dimensional difference gel electrophoresis / Gert Van den Bergh -- Protein expression profiling / Brian P. Bradley, Bose Kalampanayil, and Michael C. O'Neill -- C-terminal sequence analysis of 2DE-separated proteins / Bart Samyn, Kjell Sergeant, and Jozef Van Beeumen -- Shotgun protein analysis by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry / Kazuishi Kubota, Toshiyuki Kosaka, and Kimihisa Ichikawa --De novo sequence analysis of N-terminal sulfonated peptides after in-gel guanidination / Kjell Sergeant, Jozef Van Beeumen, and Bart Samyn -- Tryptic digestion of in-gel proteins for mass spectrometry analysis / Mai-Loan Huynh, Pamela Russell, and Bradley Walsh -- Database interrogation algorithms for identification of proteins in proteomic separations / Patricia M. Palagi, Frédérique Lisacek, and Ron D. Appel -- Creating 2DE databases for the world wide web / Christine Hoogland, Khaled Mostaguir, and Ron D. Appel.
- Two faces of evil 2011, SpringerHomeostasis involves a delicate interplay between generative and degenerative processes to maintain a stable internal environment. In biological systems, equilibrium is established and controlled through a series of negative feedback mechanisms driven by a range of signal transduction processes. Failures in these complex communication pathways result in instability leading to disease. Cancer represents a state of imbalance caused by an excess of cell proliferation. In contrast, neurodegeneration is a consequence of excessive cell loss in the nervous system. Both of these disorders exhort profo
- Two symposia 2004, HighWire
- Two-component signaling systems. Part A-C pt. A-B, C, 2007, 2010., ScienceDirectpt. B, 2007 ScienceDirectpt. C, 2010 ScienceDirectPt. A. Computational analyses of sequences and sequence alignments ; Biochemical and genetic assays of individual components of signaling systems ; Physiological assays and readouts -- Pt. B. Structural approaches ; Reconstritution of heterogeneous systems ; Intracellular methods and assays ; Genome-wide analyses of two-component systems.
- Two-hybrid systems Springer ProtocolsGeneral methods -- False positives -- Applications -- Alternative strategies.
- Tympanoplasty -- Myringoplasty, meatoplasty, and canalplasty -- Ossiculoplasty -- Special applications with tympanoplasty -- Mastoidectomy and epitympanectomy -- Special applications of mastoidectomy -- Stapedotomy and stapedectomy -- Special applications of stapes surgery -- Conventional and multiplanar high-resolution computed tomography of the temporal bone -- Imaging for tympanoplasty and mastoidectomy -- Imaging for Stapes surgery -- Rules and hints -- MIcrosurgical equpiment.
- Type 1 diabetes 2012, Springer
- Type 2 diabetes 2009, Springer Protocols
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus 2008, SpringerEpidemiology of Type 2 Diabetes -- Pathogenesis of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus -- Metabolic mechanisms of muscle insulin resistance -- Fat metabolism in insulin resistance and Type 2 Diabetes -- Detection and diagnosis of Type 2 Diabetes - Therapies for delay or prevention of Type 2 Diabetes -- Postprandial hyperglycemia -- Medical nutrition therapy in Type 2 Diabetes -- Exercise as an effective treatment for Type 2 Diabetes -- Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus: an evidence-based approach to practical management: noninsulin pharmacological therapies -- The transition from oral agents to combination insulin/oral therapy -- Intensive insulin therapy in T2DM -- Hypoglycemia in Type 2 Diabetes -- Type 2 Diabetes and concomitant illness: the prepared practice -- Adherence to practice guidelines for people with Diabetes Mellitus -- Treatment of hypertension in Type 2 Diabetes -- Lipoproteins in Diabetes: risk and opportunity -- Management of coronary artery disease in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus -- Peripheral vascular disease and stroke in Type 2 Diabetes -- Obesity and its treatment in Type 2 Diabetes -- The liver in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus -- Developing criteria for defining Type 2 Diabetes in pregnancy -- Metabolic complications of polycystic ovary syndrome -- Erectile dysfunction in Diabetes -- Sexual dysfunction in women with Type 2 Diabetes -- Depression in Type 2 Diabetes -- Atypical forms in Type 2 Diabetes -- Diabetes Mellitus Type 2 and stress: pathophysiology and treatment -- Pharmacologic factors affecting glycemic control -- Influencing self-management: from compliance to collaboration.
- Type 2 diabetes, pre-diabetes, and the metabolic syndrome 2005, SpringerPathophysiology of type 2 diabetes -- Guidelines and classifications -- Exercise -- Nutrition -- Obesity and the metabolic syndrome -- Oral agents for type 2 diabetes -- Insulin use -- Macrovascular disease -- Microvascular disease -- Diabetic dyslipidemia -- Hypertension in diabetics -- Glycemic control -- Risk reduction in the diabetic patient.
- Pathophysiology of type-2 diabetes -- Guidelines and classifications -- Exercise -- Nutrition -- Obesity and the metabolic syndrome -- Oral agents for type-2 diabetes -- Insulin use -- Non-insulin injectables -- Macrovascular disease -- Microvascular disease -- Diabetic dyslipidemia -- Hypertension in diabetics -- The pathophysiology and metabolic impact of hyperglycemia -- Risk reduction in the diabetic patient -- Diabetes in special populations.
- Type-2 diabetic nephropathy in Japan 2001, Karger
- T cell activation by CD1 and lipid an...
- — Textbook of psychotherapeutic treatme...
- Textbook of pulmonary vascular diseas...
- — Tobacco control legislation. 2nd ed. ...
- Tobacco smoke and involuntary smoking ..
- — Transplantation of neural tissue into...
- Transplantation of the liver. 2nd ed. ..
- — Type-2 diabetic nephropathy in Japan ...
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases