- T cell activation by CD1 and lipid antigens — Textbook of nephro-endocrinology. 1st ed. (165)
- Textbook of neurointensive care. Second edition. [2nd ed.] — Tobacco BY-2 cells (165)
- Tobacco control legislation. 2nd ed. — Trauma surgery. Volume 1, Trauma management, trauma critical care, orthopaedic trauma and neuro-trauma (165)
- Trauma surgery. Volume 2, Thoracic and abdominal trauma — Tyrosine kinase inhibitors for gastrointestinal stromal tumors (163)
TAccess restricted to Stanford unless otherwise noted
- Textbook of neurointensive care. Second edition. [2nd ed.] 2013, SpringerListening to an injured brain is not easy. It takes knowledge, dedication, and understanding of the critically ill patient and their family. It takes an appreciation of the logistics of care in these difficult times of imbalance between more and sicker patients and fewer medical specialists. The impact of the right personnel, whose interest and training is in neurocritical care, has shown promise, both in terms of improving patient outcome and quality. The editors have updated this second edition with the latest knowledge and trends. Gathering together a group of international experts who champions the three characteristics Patient and Family Centered High Quality Care, Education, and Discovery needed in our NeuroICUs, the editors present to the reader a comprehensive textbook of neurocritical care, incorporating best practice / evidence-based medicine and performance improvement. This book is not an effort to embellish the shelf of a medical library; it is a practical bedside friend to be used to improve the neurological outcomes of those for whom we are honored to care: our patients.
- Textbook of orthopaedics, trauma, and rheumatology. 2nd ed. 2013, ClinicalKeyClinical History and Examination -- Physiology and pathology of the musculoskeletal system -- Epidemiology and genetics of rheumatic diseases -- Investigations -- Medical management of arthritis -- Musculoskeletal infection -- Role of the allied health professional -- Surgical management of joint disorders -- Fracture management -- Management of multiple trauma -- Children's fractures -- Regional injuries -- Sport and exercise associated problems in adults -- Generalized musculoskeletal problems -- Osteoarthritis and crystal arthropathies -- Inflammatory arthritis -- Systemic diseases -- Systemic complications of rheumatic diseases and rare arthropathies -- Bone disorders -- Tumours of the musculoskeletal system and pathological fractures -- Upper limb -- Cervical and lumbar spine -- Lower limb -- Normal variants in children -- Upper and lower limb disorders in children -- The paediatric spine and neuromuscular conditions -- Arthritis in children -- Sport and exercise associated problems in children and adolescents.
- Textbook of palliative nursing. 2nd ed. 2006, MyiLibraryGeneral principles -- Symptom assessment and management -- Psychosocial support -- Spiritual care -- Special patient populations -- End-of-life care across settings -- Pediatric palliative care -- Special issues for the nurse in end-of-life care -- Models of excellence and innovative community projects -- "A good death."
- Textbook of Pediatric dermatology. 2nd ed. v. 1-2, 2006.Print Material
- Print Material
- Resuscitation-pediatric basic and advanced life support -- Neonatal resuscitation -- Shock -- Sedation and analgesia -- Emergency airway management-rapid sequence intubation -- Emergency medical services and transport medicine -- Emergency department recognition and management of victims of biological and chemical terrorism -- Abdominal distension -- Apnea -- Ataxia -- Breast lesion -- Coma and altered level of consciousness -- Constipation -- Cough -- Cyanosis -- Crying and colic in early infancy -- Dehydration -- Diarrhea -- Disturbed child -- Dizziness -- Edema -- Epistaxis -- Eye-red -- Eye-strabismus -- Eye-unequal pupils -- Eye-visual disturbances -- Fever -- Foreign body-ingestion/aspiration -- Gastrointestinal bleeding -- Groin masses -- Hearing loss --- Patients with heart murmurs -- Hematuria -- Hypertension -- Immobile arm -- Injury-ankle -- Injury-head -- Injury-knee -- Injury-shoulder -- Jaundice-unconjugated hyperbilirubinemia -- Jaundice-conjugated hyperbilirubinemia -- Limp -- Lymphadenopathy -- Neck mass -- Neck stiffness -- Odor-unusual -- Oligomenorrhea -- Oral lesions -- Pain-abdomen -- Pain-back -- Pain-chest -- Pain-dysphagia -- Pain-dysuria -- Pain-earache -- Headache -- Pain-joints -- Pain-scrotal -- Pallor -- Palpitations -- Polydipsia -- Rash-eczematous -- Rash-maculopapular -- Rash-papular lesions -- Rash-papulosquamous lesions -- Rash-petechiae and purpura -- Rash-urticaria -- Rash-vesicobullous -- Respiratory distress -- Seizures -- The septic-appearing infant -- Sore throat -- Stridor -- Syncope -- Tachycardia -- Urinary frequency in childhood -- Vaginal bleeding -- Vaginal discharge -- Vomiting -- Weakness -- Wheezing -- Weight loss -- Asthma and allergic emergencies -- Bite and stings -- Cardiac emergencies -- Dermatologic urgencies and emergencies -- Endocrine emergencies --Environmental emergencies -- Injuries involving radiation -- Gastrointestinal emergencies -- Pediatric and adolescent gynecology -- Hematologic emergencies -- Infectious disease emergencies -- Infectious disease emergencies-sexually transmitted diseases -- Metabolic emergencies -- Problems in the early neonatal period -- Neurologic emergencies -- Oncologic emergencies -- Pulmonary emergencies -- Emergencies in cystic fibrosis -- Renal and electrolyte emergencies -- Rheumatologic emergencies -- Toxicologic emergencies -- Evaluation of the ill returning traveler -- An approach to the injured child -- Major trauma -- Minor trauma-lacerations -- Abdominal trauma -- Burns -- Dental trauma -- Otolaryngologic trauma -- Facial trauma -- Genitourinary trauma -- Hand trauma -- Musculoskeletal trauma -- Neck trauma -- Neurotrauma -- Eye trauma -- Thoracic trauma -- Minor lesions and injuries -- Approach to the care of the technology-assisted child -- Abdominal emergencies -- Dental emergencies -- Otolaryngologic emergencies -- Urologic emergencies -- Orthopedic emergencies -- Neurosurgical emergencies, nontraumatic -- Ophthalmic emergencies -- Thoracic emergencies -- Transplantation emergencies -- Adolescent emergencies -- Behavioral emergencies -- Child abuse -- Psychiatric emergencies -- Ultrasound -- Illustrated techniques of pediatric emergency procedures -- App. A: Pediatric emergency medicine equipment -- App. B: Emergency drug compendium -- App. C: Practical information -- App. D: Parental instruction sheets -- App. E: Clinical pathways in emergency medicine.
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Textbook of pediatric infectious diseases. 5th ed. v. 1-2, 2004.Print Material
- Textbook of pediatric rheumatology. 6th ed. 2011, ScienceDirectSection 1. Basic concepts -- section 2. Chronic arthritis -- section 3. Systemic connective tissue diseases -- section 4. Systemic vasculitis -- section 5. Arthritis related to infection -- section 6. Systemic disorders with rheumatic manifestations -- section 7. Noninflammatory causes of musculoskeletal pain.
- Textbook of penile cancer 2012, Springer
- Textbook of personalized medicine 2009, SpringerBasics of Personalized Medicine -- Molecular Diagnostics as Basis of Personalized Medicine -- Role of Biomarkers in Personalized Medicine -- Pharmacogenetics -- Pharmacogenomics -- Role of Pharmacoproteomics -- Role of Metabolomics in Personalized Medicine -- Personalized Biological Therapies -- Development of Personalized Medicine -- Personalized Therapy for Cancer -- Personalized Management of Neurological Disorders -- Personalized Therapy of Cardiovascular Diseases -- Personalized Management of Miscellaneous Disorders -- Personalized Preventive Medicine -- Organization of Personalized Medicine -- Ethical and Regulatory Aspects of Personalized Medicine -- Economics of Personalized Medicine -- Future of Personalized Medicine.
- Textbook of physical diagnosis. Seventh edition. [7th ed.] 2014, ClinicalKey"Derive the maximum diagnostic information from interviewing and examining patients with Textbook of physical diagnosis. Employing a compassionate, humanistic approach, Dr. Swartz explores how cultural differences can influence communication, diet, family relationships, and health practices and beliefs, and demonstrates that your interpersonal awareness is just as essential in physical diagnosis as your level of technical skill. This medical reference book features numerous high-quality color images, an easy-to-use design, and detailed descriptions of exam techniques, making it an essential guide for physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants"-- Publisher's description.
- Textbook of psychopharmacology 2009, PsychiatryOnline
- Textbook of psychotherapeutic treatments 2009, PsychiatryOnlineTheoretical models of psychodynamic psychotherapy -- Techniques of psychodynamic psychotherapy -- Techniques of brief psychodynamic psychotherapy -- Applications of psychodynamic psychotherapy to specific disorders : efficacy and indications -- Combining psychodynamic psychotherapy with medication -- Theory of cognitive therapy -- Techniques of cognitive-behavioral therapy -- Applications of individual cognitive-behavioral therapy to specific disorders : efficacy and indications -- Combining cognitive-behavioral therapy with medication -- Theory of interpersonal psychotherapy -- Techniques of individual interpersonal psychotherapy -- Applications of individual interpersonal psychotherapy to specific disorders : efficacy and indications -- Combining interpersonal psychotherapy with medication -- Theory of supportive psychotherapy -- Techniques of individual supportive psychotherapy -- Applications of individual supportive psychotherapy to psychiatric disorders : efficacy and indications -- Combining supportive psychotherapy with medication -- Family systems theory and practice -- Couples therapy -- Emotionally focused couples therapy : an attachment-based treatment -- Psychodynamic couples therapy : an object relations approach -- Behavioral couples therapy -- Psychodynamic group therapy -- Family intervention for psychotic and severe mood disorders -- Group cognitive-behavioral therapy for chronic pain -- Theory and practice of psychotherapy integration -- Theory and practice of dialectical behavioral therapy -- Theory and practice of mentalization-based therapy -- Brain processes informing psychotherapy -- Professional boundaries in psychotherapy.
- Textbook of pulmonary vascular disease 2011, Springer
- Print Material
- Textbook of rapid response systems 2011, Springer
- Textbook of real-time three dimensional echocardiography 2011, SpringerThe evolution of three-dimensional echocardiography: how did it happen -- Technical principles of transthoracic three-dimensional echocardiography -- 3D transesophageal echocardiographic technologies -- Three-dimensional echocardiography in clinical practice -- Advanced evaluation of LV functions with 3D echocardiography -- Three-dimensional echocardiographic evaluation of the mitral valve -- Three-dimensional echocardiographic evaluation of LV dyssynchrony and stress testing -- Three-dimensional echocardiography of aortic valve -- Three-dimensional echocardiographic evaluation of the right ventricle -- Three-dimensional echocardiography in congenital heart disease -- Three-dimensional echocardiography to assess intra-cardiac masses -- Real time three dimensional transesophageal echocardiography for guidance of catheter based interventions -- Future developments of three-dimensional echocardiography -- Real time three-dimensional transesophageal echocardiography -- The role of echocardiography in the surgical management of degenerative mitral valve disease -- Visualization and assessment of coronary arteries with three-dimensional echocardiography -- Assessment of tricuspid valve morphology and function -- Role of three-dimensional echocardiography in drug trials.
- Evolution of Cataract Surgery -- Current Outcomes with Cataract Surgery: Can We Do Better? -- Femtosecond Laser Fundamentals -- Challenges of Femtosecond Laser Technologies for Cataract Surgery -- Imaging Systems and Image-Guided Surgery -- The Patient Interface: Setting the Stage for Treatment -- Laser Capsulotomy -- Nucleus Fragmentation and Disassembly in ReLACS -- Primary Transcorneal Laser Incisions -- Relaxing Incisions for Astigmatism Correction in ReLACS -- Femtosecond Laser Versus Phacoemulsification -- Economics of ReLACS: Marketing a New Technology to Your Patients -- Step-By-Step: Starting Your ReLACS Practice -- Global Implications of Refractive Laser Assisted Cataract Surgery (ReLACS) -- Commercially Available Systems: Alcon/LenSx -- Commercially Available Systems: LensAR Laser System -- Commercially Available Systems: OptiMedica's Catalys Precision Laser System -- Commercially Available Systems: The TECHNOLAS Femto-Cataract Approach -- The Future of ReLACS and Femtosecond Laser Ocular Surgery.
- Print MaterialPeritonitis and intra-abdominal abscess / J.J. Tjandra -- Ascites / D.M.A. Francis & D.A.K. Watters -- Neck swellings / C.J. O'Brien -- Dysphagia / R.J.S. Thomas -- Leg ulcers / J. Harris -- Leg swelling / S.T.F. Chan & D.M.A. Francis -- Haematuria / D. Lenz -- Post-operative complications / P. Devitt -- Claw hand / W. Morrison -- Massive haemoptysis / J.A. Smith -- Epistaxis / N. Vallance -- Leg pain / B. Kavar -- Acute scrotal pain / A.J. Costello -- Acute back pain / J.V. Rosenfeld -- Post-traumatic confusion / J.D. Laidlaw -- Double vision / J.E.K. Galbraith.Pre-operative management / I.G. Martin -- Anaesthesia and pain management / D. Williams -- Post-operative management / P. Devitt -- Surgical techniques / D.M.A. Francis -- Nutrition and the surgical patient / B.K. Parry & A.G. Hill -- Care of the critically ill patient / J.J. Presneill & J.F. Cade -- Surgical infections / J.C. Hall -- Transplantation surgery / D.M.A. Francis -- Principles of surgical oncology / R.J.S. Thomas -- Gastro-oesophageal reflux / G.G. Jamieson -- Tumours of the oesophagus / S. Law & J. Wong -- Peptic ulcer disease / S.C.S. Chung -- Gastric neoplasms / I.G. Martin -- Gallstones / D. Fletcher -- Benign and malignant diseases of the hepatobiliary system / N. Collier & D. Morris -- Liver infections / C. Christophi & V. Muralidharan -- Diseases of the Pancreas / J. Toouli -- Portal hypertension / C. Christophi & V. Muralidharan -- Small bowel obstruction / J.J. Tjandra -- Large bowel obstruction / A.L. Polglase -- Mesenteric vascular disease / J.J. Tjandra --Principles of plastic surgery / W. Morrison -- Principles of trauma management / S.K. D'Amours & S.A. Deane -- Burns / R.T. Judson -- Fractures and dislocations / P. Choong -- Diseases of bone and joints / P. Choong -- Head injuries / A.H. Kaye -- Intracranial tumours, infection and aneurysms / A.H. Kaye -- Nerve injuries, peripheral nerve entrapments and spinal cord compression / A.H. Kaye -- Disorders of the arterial system / J. Harris -- Extracranial vascular disease / J. Harris -- Venous and lymphatic diseases of the limbs / M. Grigg & C. Miles -- Genitourinary tract / R. Gardiner -- External genitalia in the male / A. Costello -- Principles and practice of cardiac surgery / J. Tatoulis & J.A. Smith -- Common topics in thoracic surgery / J.A. Smith -- Chronic constipation / Y.H. Ho -- Faecal incontinence / J.J. Tjandra -- Rectal bleeding / J.J. Tjandra -- Haematemesis and melaena / R.J.S. Thomas -- Obstructive jaundice / D. Fletcher -- The acute abdomen / M. Levitt --The appendix and Meckel's diverticulum / J.J. Tjandra -- Tumours of the small bowel / J.J. Tjandra -- Colorectal cancer and adenoma / J.J. Tjandra -- Diverticular disease of the colon / J.J. Tjandra -- Inflammatory bowel disease / J.J. Tjandra -- Radiation injuries to the small and large bowel / M.J. Soloman & J.J. Tjandra -- Enterocutaneous fistula / J.J. Tjandra -- Rectal prolapse / J.J. Tjandra -- Intestinal stomas / J.J. Tjandra -- Anal and perianal disorders / L. Bokey, P. Chapuis & J.J. Tjandra -- Breast surgery / J.J. Tjandra & J.P. Collins -- Thyroid / L. Delbridge -- Parathyroid / L. Delbridge & G. Clunie -- Tumours of the adrenal gland / L. Delbridge -- Endocrine tumours of the pancreas / G.J.A. Clunie -- Eye injuries and infections / J.E.K. Galbraith -- Otorhinolaryngology / S. O'Leary & V. Vallance -- Tumours of the head and neck / R.T. Judson -- Hernias / D.M.A. Francis -- Tumours and cysts of the skin / G.J.A. Clunie & P. Devitt -- Soft tissue tumours / J.W. Serpell -- Infections of the extremities / D.M.A. Francis --
- Textbook of tinnitus 2011, Springer
- Print Material
- Textbook of traumatic brain injury. 2nd ed. 2011, PsychiatryOnlineAs soldiers and combat veterans have returned from the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan traumatic brain injury (TBI) has been identified as the "signature injury" of those wars. TBI is also in the news on a daily basis due to sports injuries. This new edition has been revised and updated from the 2005 first edition to reflect the exponential expansion of research and clinical data amassed in the intervening years. Each chapter was written and reviewed by the foremost authorities in neuropsychiatry, neurology, rehabilitation medicine, and the other specialties who assess, diagnose, and treat these patients. The revisions and additions to this comprehensive volume were made to ensure that the scope and coverage is both up-to-date and down-to-earth. Key features include: New chapters on epidemiology, neuropathology, and genetics of TBI; new chapter on TBI in the military emphasizing the unique feature of blast injury; A new chapter on posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD), which emphasizes the common co-occurrence of TBI and PTSD in both combat and other settings; Enhanced coverage of psychopharmacology and psychotherapy for the psychiatric symptoms associated with TBI; Information on the social ramifications of TBI so that clinicians will better understand and help their patients cope with the complex legal, financial, and insurance-based struggles their patients who have sustained TBI encounter; Each chapter concludes with essential points and key references to focus attention and consolidate learning; A foreword written by Bob Woodruff (the ABC World News correspondent who sustained a TBI while covering the war in Iraq) and his wife, Lee Woodruff, who underscore that although this volume is intended to be read primarily by professionals, patients and families may also find the information in the textbook to be of keen interest and practical application.
- Print MaterialUncommon tumors of the kidney -- Uncommon cancers of the bladder -- Urethral cancer -- Uncommon cancers of the prostate -- Rare tumors of the testis and paratesticular tissues -- Uncommon tumors of the oral cavity and adjacent structures -- Rare tumors of the larynx -- Nasopharyngeal carcinoma in non-endemic populations -- Esthesioneuroblastoma -- Neoplastic disorders of the adrenal glands -- Uncommon cancers of the thyroid -- Parathyroid carcinoma -- Metaplastic breast carcinoma -- Adenoid cystic carcinoma of the breast -- Non-Hodgkin lymphoma of the breast -- Male breast cancer -- Phyllodes tumor of the breast -- Carcinosarcoma of the breast -- Tubular carcinoma -- Thymoma and thymic carcinoma -- Primary lymphomas of the lung -- Primary sarcomas of the lung -- Mesotheliomas -- Primary melanoma of the lung -- Large cell neuroendocrine -- Carcinoid tumors of the lung -- Bronchioloalveolar carcinoma of the lung -- Primary adenoid cystic carcinoma of the lung -- Mucoepidermoid tumors of the lung -- Uncommon cancers of the esophagus -- Uncommon cancers of the stomach -- Unusual pancreatic tumors -- Uncommon hepatobiliary tumors -- Cancer of the small bowel -- Unusual tumors of the colon, rectum and anus -- Cancer of the appendix -- Gastrointestinal stromal tumors -- Small cell carcinomas of the gastrointestinal tract -- Extra-ovarian primary peritoneal carcinomas -- Borderline tumors and other rare epithelial tumors of the ovary -- Stromal tumors of the ovary -- Germ cell tumors of the ovary -- Fallopian tube cancer -- Uterine sarcomas and unusual endometrial carcinomas -- Tumors of the cervix -- Tumors of the vulva and vagina -- Gestational trophoblastic diseases -- Rare leukemias -- Rare lymphomas -- Uncommon presentations of plasma cell dyscrasias -- Unusual cutaneous malignancies -- Dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans -- Merkel cell carcinoma -- Melanotic lesions of the meninges -- Langerhans' cell histiocytosis of the central nervous system -- Chordomas -- Meningeal sarcomas -- Atypical and malignant meningiomas -- Primary intracranial germ cell tumors -- Primary central nervous system lymphoma -- Choroid plexus papilloma and carcinoma -- Glioma and other neuroepithelial neoplasms -- Medulloblastoma and CNS primitive neuroectodermal tumors -- Craniopharyngiomas -- Ophthalmic cancers -- Rare pediatric malignancies of the head and neck -- Uncommon pediatric tumors of the thorax -- Uncommon tumors of the gastrointestinal tract in children -- Uncommon pediatric genitourinary tumors -- Uncommon endocrine tumors in children and adolescents -- Uncommon pediatric brain tumors -- Malignant tumors of the skin and subcutaneous tissue in children.
- Print MaterialAnatomy and embryology -- Congenital anomalies -- Diagnostic techniques -- Functional renal anatomy, renal physiology, and contrast management -- The retroperitoneum -- The adrenal gland -- Renal cystic disease -- Renal tumors -- Renal inflammatory disease -- Vascular diseases -- Renal hypertension -- Renal failure and medical renal disease -- Renal transplantation -- Nephrocalcinosis and nephrolithiasis -- Pelvicalyceal system and ureter -- The urinary bladder -- Prostate and seminal vesicles -- Urethra and penis -- Scrotum and contents -- Urinary tract trauma -- Female genital tract.
- TGF-[beta] in human disease 2013, Springer
- Th 17 cells 2009, Springer
- TH17 cells in health and disease 2011, Springer
- Thalamus. 2nd ed. v. 1-2, 2007.Print Material
- Theory and mathematical methods in bioinformatics 2008, Springer
- Theory and practice of contemporary pharmaceutics 2005, CRCnetBASEMethods of data representation, interpretation, and analysis / Craig K. Svensson and Tapash K. Ghosh -- Thermodynamics and states of matter / Adam M. Persky, Laszlo Prokai, and Jeffrey A. Hughes -- Solubility / Jeffrey A. Hughes .. [et al.] -- Physiochemical factors affecting biological activity / Hemant Alur ... [et al.] -- Micromeritics and rheology / Sunil S. Jambhekar -- Principles and applications of surface phenomena / Laszlo Prokai ... [et al.] -- Theory and applications of diffusion and dissolution / Xiaoling Li and Bhaskara Jasti -- Chemical kinetics and stability / Tapash K. Ghosh -- Drug and dosage form development: regulatory perspectives / Edward Dennis Bashaw -- Oral conventional solid dosage forms: powders and granules, tablets, lozenges, and capsules / Melgardt M. de Villiers -- Oral controlled release solid dosage forms / Emmanuel O. Akala -- Oral liquid dosage forms: solutions, elixirs, syrups, suspensions, and emulsions / William M. Kolling and Tapash K. Ghosh -- Parenteral routes of delivery / Yon Rojanasakul and Carl J. Malanga -- Transdermal and topical drug delivery systems / Bhaskara R. Jasti, William Abraham, and Tapash K. Ghosh -- Rectal and vaginal routes of drug delivery / Nikhil R. Shitut .. [et al.] -- Ocular, nasal, pulmonary, and otic routes of drug delivery / Harisha Atluri ... [et al.] -- Delivery of peptide and protein drugs / Emily Ha ... [et al.].
- Print Material
- Theory of drug development 2014, CRCnetBASESection I. A theory of evaluating drugs -- section II. A theory of evidence in drug development -- section III. Additional topics.
- Theranostics, Gallium-68, and other radionuclides 2013, Springer
- Therapeutic angiogenesis for vascular diseases 2011, Springer
- Therapeutic antibodies 2008, Springer
- Therapeutic applications of cell microencapsulation 2010, SpringerHighlights and trends in cell encapsulation / Gorka Orive and José Luis Pedraz -- Biomaterials in cell microencapsulation / Edorta Santos ... [et al.] -- Development of subsieve size capsules and application to cell therapy / Shinji Sakai and Koei Kawakami -- Regulatory considerations in application of encapsulated cell therapies / J. van Zanten and Paul de Vos -- Treatment of diabetes with encapsulated islets / Paul de Vos, Milica Spasojevic, and Marijke M. Faas -- Epo delivery by genetically engineered C2C12 myoblasts immobilized in microcapsules / Ainhoa Murua ... [et al.] -- Artificial cell microencapsulated stem cells in regenerative medicine, tissue engineering, and cell therapy / Zun Chang Liu and Thomas Ming Swi Chang -- Microencapsulated choroid plexus epithelial cell transplants for repair of the brain / Christopher G. Thanos, Briannan Bintz, and Dwaine F. Emerich -- Therapeutic application of cell microencapsulation in cancer / Brian Salmons and Walter H. Gunzburg -- Inorganic nanoporous membranes for immunoisolated cell-based drug delivery / Adam Mendelsohn and Tejal Desai -- Cell microencapsulation / Grace J. Lim ... [et al.] -- Commercial applicability of cell microancapsulation : a review of intellectual property rights / Stephan M. Meier.
- Therapeutic applications of quadruplex nucleic acids. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirect"Therapeutic applications of quadruplex nucleic acids provides a single comprehensive survey that describes and assesses recent advances in quadruplex therapeutics and targeting strategies. It also covers the underlying fundamentals of such topics as quadruplex structure, small-molecule recognition, biological roles of genomic quadruplexes, and quadruplex informatics"--P. 4 of cover.
- Therapeutic drug monitoring 2012, ScienceDirectTherapeutic Drug Monitoring: Newer Drugs and Biomarkers features timely topics such as the monitoring of classical and newer drugs, pharmacogenomics and the application of biomarkers in therapeutic drug monitoring. This reference also discusses the limitations of current commercially available immunoassays for therapeutic monitoring. It presentsssnew and sophisticated techniques used for proper determination of blood levels and the clinical utility of therapeutic drug monitoring of contemporary drugs. Written by leading international experts and geared toward clinical pathol.
- Therapeutic hypothermia 2005, Springer
- Print Material
- Therapeutic journey 2005Print MaterialA collection of papers by James R. Allen and Barbara A. Allen.
- Therapeutic kinase inhibitors 2012, SpringerSetting up a Kinase Discovery and Development Project /Gideon Bollag --Drug Efficacy Testing in Mice /William Y. Kim, Norman E. Sharpless --Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors /Cristina Antonescu --EGFR Mutant Lung Cancer /Yixuan Gong, William Pao --Targeting Oncogenic BRAF in Human Cancer /Christine A. Pratilas, Feng Xing, David B. Solit --Beyond BRAF in Melanoma /Adil Daud, Boris C. Bastian --JAK-Mutant Myeloproliferative Neoplasms /Ross L. Levine --Will Kinase Inhibitors Make it as Glioblastoma Drugs? /Ingo K. Mellinghoff, Nikolaus Schultz, Paul S. Mischel --Predictive Genomic Biomarkers /Rakesh Kumar, Rafael G. Amado --Epigenetic Biomarkers /Timothy A. Chan, Stephen B. Baylin --Adjuvant Trials of Targeted Agents: The Newest Battleground in the War on Cancer /Robert L. Cohen.
- Therapeutic lipidology 2007, Springer
- Therapeutic neovascularization, quo vadis? 2007, Springer
- Therapeutic peptides and proteins. 2nd ed. 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Therapeutic proteins 2005, Springer ProtocolsBiopharmaceutical proteins: opportunities and challenges / John R. Birch and Yemi Onakunle -- Expression of antibody fragments by periplasmic secretion in Escherichia coli / Andrew G. Popplewell ... [et al.] -- Secretory production of therapeutic proteins in Escherichia coli / Sang Yup Lee, Jong Hyun Choi, and Sang Jun Lee -- Expression of recombinant LTB protein in marine vibrio VSP60 / Wang Yili and Si Lusheng -- Heterologous gene expression in yeast / Lee J. Byrne, Kenneth J. O'Callaghan, and Mick F. Tuite -- Pharmaceutical proteins from methylotrophic yeasts / Eric C. de Bruin ... [et al.] -- Expression of human papillomavirus type 16 L1 in baculovirus expression systems: a case study / Zheng Jin, Si Lusheng, and Wang Yili -- Large-scale transient expression of therapeutic proteins in mammalian cells / Sabine Geisse, Martin Jordan, and Florian M. Wurm -- Site-specific integration for high-level protein production in mammalian cells / Bhaskar Thyagarajan and Michele P. Calos -- Production of recombinant therapeutic proteins by mammalian cells in suspension culture / Lily Chu, Ilse Blumentals, and Gargi Maheshwari -- Transgene control engineering in mammalian cells / Beat P. Kramer and Martin Fussenegger -- Fusion to albumin as a means to slow the clearance of small therapeutic proteins using the Pichia pastoris espression system: a case study / William P. Sheffield, Teresa R. McCurdy, and Varsha Bhakta -- High throughput recovery of therapeutic proteins from the inclusion bodies of Escherichia coli: an overview / Amulya K. Panda -- Isolation, solubilization, refolding, and chromatographic purification of recombinant human growth hormone from inclusion bodies of Escherichia coli cells: a case study / Surinder M. Singh ... [et al.] -- Large-scale preparation of factor VIIa from human plasma: a case study / Teruhisa Nakashima and Kazuhiko Tomokiyo -- Purification of clinical-grade monoclonal antibodies by chromatographic methods / Alberto L. Horenstein, Ilaria Durelli, and Fabio Malavasi -- Virus elimination and validation / Nicola Boschetti and Anna Johnston -- Virus removal by nanofiltration / Marina Korneyeva and Scott Rosenthal --Determining residual host cell antigen levels in purified recombinant proteins by slot blot and scanning laser densitometry / Aaron P. Miles, Daming Zhu, and Allan Saul -- Principles of biopharmaceutical protein formulation: an overview / Scott P. Sellers and Yuh-Fun Maa -- Solid-state protein formulation: methodologies, stability, and excipient effects / Yuh-Fun Maa and Scott P. Sellers -- Stabilization of therapeutic proteins by chemical and physical methods / Ken-ichi Izutsu -- Extraction and characterization of vaccine antigens from water-in-oil adjuvant formulations / Aaron P. Miles and Allan Saul -- Probing reversible self-association of therapeutic proteins by sedimentation velocity in the analytical ultracentrifuge / Bernardo Perez-Ramirez and John J. Steckert -- Biological characterization of pegylated interferons: a case study / Lei Xie ... [et al.] -- Characterization of interferon [alpha]-2B pegylated via carboxyalkylation: a case study / David C. Wylie ... [et al.] -- Quantifying recombinant proteins and their degradation products using SDS-PAGE and scanning laser densitometry / Aaron P. Miles and Allan Saul -- Extraction and denaturing gel electrophoretic methodology for the analysis of yeast proteins / Kenneth J. O'Callaghan, Lee J. Byrne, and Mick F. Tuite -- Characterization of therapeutic proteins by membrane and in-gel tryptic digestion / C. Mark Smales, Rosalyn J. Marchant, and Michèle F. Underhill -- Oligosaccharide release and MALDI-TOF MS analysis of N-linked carbohydrate structures from glycoproteins / Rodney G. Keck, John B. Briggs, and Andrew J.S. Jones -- Capillary electrophoresis of carbohydrates derivatized with fluorophoric compounds / Stacey Ma ... [et al.] -- High-throughput LC/MS methodology for [alpha](1->3)Gal determination of recombinant monoclonal antibodies: a case study / Lihua Huang and Charles E. Mitchell -- Carbohydrate structural characterization of Fas ligand inhibitory protein / Lihua Huang ... [et al.] -- Top-down characterization of protein pharmaceuticals by liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry: application to recombinant factor IX comparability-a case study / Jason C. Rouse ... [et al.] -- Sample preparation procedures for high-resolution nuclear magnetic resonance studies of aqueous and stabilized solutions of therapeutic peptides / Mark J. Howard.
- Therapeutic revolutions 2013, Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Print Material"Therapeutic Revolutions examines the evolving relationship between American medicine, psychiatry, and culture from World War II to the dawn of the 1970s. In this richly layered intellectual history, Martin Halliwell ranges from national politics, public reports, and healthcare debates to the ways in which film, literature, and the mass media provided cultural channels for shaping and challenging preconceptions about health and illness. Beginning with a discussion of the profound impact of World War II and the Cold War on mental health, Halliwell moves from the influence of work, family, and growing up in the Eisenhower years to the critique of institutional practice and the search for alternative therapeutic communities during the 1960s. Blending a discussion of such influential postwar thinkers as Erich Fromm, William Menninger, Erving Goffman, Erik Erikson, and Herbert Marcuse with perceptive readings of a range of cultural text that illuminate mental health issues--among them Spellbound, Shock Corridor, Revolutionary Road, and I Never Promised You a Rose Garden--this compelling study argues that the postwar therapeutic revolutions closely interlink contrasting discourses of authority and liberation." -- Publisher's website.
- Therapeutic ribonucleic acids in brain tumors 2009, Springer
- Therapeutic strategies in cancer biology and pathology 2013, ScienceDirectCurrently, intensive effort is being directed toward the identification of molecular targets that can provide approaches to the development of novel therapeutic strategies in cancer management. This book focuses on metastasis-associated genes, metastasis promoter and suppressor genes, which relate specifically to behavioral alterations of cancer cells in epithelial mesenchymal transition, cancer stem cell maintenance and propagation, and to the acquisition of invasive and metastasis faculty. The function of these genes has implications for cell cycle regulation and cell proliferation and so constitute an essential element in cancer growth and dissemination.
- Print Material
- Therapeutic stretching 2014, ScienceDirectIntroduction to therapeutic and functional stretching -- Functional and dysfunctional ROM -- Causes of ROM loss and therapeutic potential of rehabilitation -- Adaptation in ROM loss and recovery -- Specificity in ROM rehabilitation -- The overloading condition for recovery -- Exposure and scheduling the ROM challenge -- Rehabilitating the active ROM : neuromuscular rehabilitation -- Pain management and ROM-desensitization -- Stretch tolerance model -- Psychological and behavioral considerations in ROM rehabilitation -- Towards a functional approach -- Demonstration of functional approach in ROM rehabilitation
- Therapeutic targets of the TNF superfamily 2009, SpringerOverview of TNF superfamily : a chest full of potential therapeutic targets / Iqbal S. Grewal -- Therapeutic interventions targeting CD40l (CD154) and CD40 : the opportunities and challenges / Che-Leung Law and Iqbal S. Grewal -- Targeting TNF for treatment of cancer and autoimmunity / Gautam Sethi ... [et al.] -- Targeting of BAFF and APRIL for autoimmunity and oncology / Maureen C. Ryan and Iqbal S. Grewal -- The role of FASL and FAS in health and disease / Martin Ehrenschwender and Harald Wajant -- OX40 (CD134) and OX401 / Michael J. Gough and Andrew D. Weinberg -- Targeting CD70 for human therapeutic use / Tamar Boursalian ... [et al.] -- 4-1BB as a therapeutic target for human disease / Seung-Woo Lee and Michael Croft -- Rank(l) as a key target for controlling bone loss / Andreas Leibbrandt and Josef M. Penninger -- Targeting the light-HVEM pathway / Carl F. Ware --GITR : a modulator of immune response and inflammation / Giuseppe Nocentini and Carlo Riccardi -- Targeting CD30/CD30l in oncology and autoimmune and inflammatory diseases / Ezogelin Oflazoglu, Iqbal S. Grewal, and Hans Peter Gerber -- Tumor necrosis factor receptor superfamily member 21 : TNFR-related death receptor-6, DR6 / Robert Benschop, Tao Wei, and Songqing Na -- TRAIL and other TRAIL receptor agonists as novel cancer therapeutics / Christina Falschlehner ... [et al.] -- Therapeutic potential of VEGI/TL1A -- In autoimmunity and cancer / Gautam Sethi, Bokyung Sung, and Bharat B. Aggarwal.
- Therapeutic uses of botulinum toxin 2007, Springer
- Therapeutics of digestive endoscopic tunnel technique 2014, SpringerThis book elaborates on a whole new understanding of digestive endoscopy, the core of which is to treat quite a number of diseases using minimally invasive methods, provides the walls of the digestive tube are free of perforations. Currently, the tunnel technique has been applied in the treatment of digestive early stage carcinomas, esophageal achalasia and submucosal tumors originating from muscularis propria. And this promising technique would surely be more widely used in the future. The main contents of this book include the history of the digestive endoscopic tunnel technique, the practical anatomy involved, operation steps, indications and contraindications, complications and possible future exploration fields. This book is well suited for doctors and surgeons performing digestive endoscopic therapies.
- Therapiehandbuch Gynäkologie und Geburtshilfe 2007, Springer
- Therapist in mourning 2013, Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Print Material"For therapists caught between their grief and the empathy they provide for their clients, this collection explores the complexity of bereavement within the practice setting. It also examines the professional and personal ramifications of death and loss for the practicing clinician. Featuring original essays from longstanding practitioners, the collection demonstrates the universal experience of bereavement while outlining a theoretical framework for the position of the bereft therapist. Essays cover the unexpected death of clients and patient suicide, personal loss in a therapist's life, the grief of clients who lose a therapist, disastrous loss within a community, and the grief resulting from professional losses and disruptions." -- [Publisher-supplied data]
- Therapy dogs in cancer care 2012, SpringerCancer Overview -- Introduction to Therapy Dogs -- Dogs as Cancer Detectors -- Dog Therapy with Cancer Treatment -- Adding Therapy Dogs to Your Cancer Treatment Team -- Incorporating Companion Dogs into Cancer Rehab: Emotional Support -- Incorporating Companion Dogs into Cancer Rehab: Benefits from Physical Exercise for Cancer Patients -- Incorporating Companion Dogs into Cancer Rehab: Dog-Themed Exercise Program for Cancer Patients -- Incorporating Companion Dogs into Cancer Rehab: Practical Tips for Adding a Dog into the Home During Cancer Treatment and Recovery -- Resources.
- Print Material
- Therapy in nephrology & hypertension. 3rd ed. 2008, ClinicalKey
- Therapy in sleep medicine 2012, ScienceDirectIntroduction to sleep medicine -- Background to sleep medicine therapeutics -- Pharmacology principles -- Insomnias -- Sleep-related breathing disorders -- Central hypersomnolence -- Movement disorders affecting sleep -- Circadian rhythm disorders -- Therapy in pediatric sleep-related disorders -- Parasomnias in adults -- Sleep-related medical disorders -- Neurologic disorders and sleep -- Therapy of sleep disturbances associated with psychiatric disorders -- Special situations and the future -- Appendix: Effects of drugs on sleep.
- Print Material
- Therapy of skin diseases 2010, Springer
- Therapy with cultured cells 2010, CRCnetBASECultured cells for therapy are now being prepared by industries in the US, Japan and Korea and are used in the aforesaid countries as well as France, Sweden and Greece, for the treatment of disease. This title describes the discoveries in the author's laboratory that led to therapy with cultured cells.
- Therapy-resistant schizophrenia 2010, KargerHistory and current definition of treatment resistant schizophrenia / Helio Elkis -- Assessment of therapy resistant schizophrenia / Jean Pierre Lindenmayer -- Neuropsychology of treatment resistant schizophrenia / Neil D. Woodward & Herbert Y. Meltzer -- Genetic studies in treatment resistant schizophrenia / Vincenzo De Luca ... [et al.] -- Neuroimaging of treatment resistant schizophrenia / Joao Guilherme Borgio ... [et al.] -- Duration of untreated psychosis and premorbid functioning : relationship with treatment response and therapy-resistant schizophrenia / William Bobo & Herbert Meltzer -- Disease management: multidimensional approaches to incomplete recovery in psychosis / Tim J. Lambert -- The role of clozapine in the treatment of treatment-resistant schizophrenia / Herbert Meltzer -- Augmenting clozapine response in treatment resistant schizophrenia / Gary Remington -- New therapeutic strategies for resistance to clozapine and treatment resistance schizophrenia / Juliano Santos Souza ... [et al.] -- Eletroconvulsive therapy for treatment- refractory schizophrenia / Worrawat Chanpattana -- Treatment of therapy-resistant auditory verbal hallucinations in schizophrenia patients by repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation (rTMS) / Martin Jandl & Wolfgang P. Kaschka.
- Thermophiles 2008, CRCnetBASEIntroduction / Frank T. Robb ... [et al.] -- Compatible solutes of (hyper)thermophiles and their role in protein stabilization / Helena Santos ... [et al.] -- Relationships among catalytic activity, structural flexibility, and conformational stability as deduced from the analysis of mesophilic-thermophilic enzyme pairs and protein engineering studies / Reinhard Sterner and Eike Brunner -- Membranes and transport proteins of thermophilic microorganisms / Sonja Verena Albers and Arnold J.M. Driessen -- Thermophilic protein-folding systems / Frank T. Robb and Pongpan Laksanalamai -- Physical properties of membranes composed of tetraether archaeal lipids / Parkson Lee-Gau Chong -- Glycolysis in hyperthermophiles / Peter Schonheit -- Industrial relevance of thermophiles and their enzymes / Garabed Antranikian -- Denitrification pathway enzymes of thermophiles / Simon de Vries and Imke Schroder -- DNA stability and repair / Malcolm F. White and Dennis W. Grogan --Plasmids and cloning vectors for thermophilic archaea / Kenneth M. Stedman -- Genetic analysis in extremely thermophilic bacteria : an overview / Dennis W. Grogan -- Targeted gene disruption as a tool for establishing gene function in hyperthermophilic archaea / Haruyuki Atomi and Tadayuki Imanaka -- Nanobiotechnological potential of viruses of hyperthermophilic archaea / Tamara Basta and David Prangishvili -- Master keys to DNA replication, repair, and recombination from the structural biology of enzymes from thermophiles / Li Fan ... [et al.] -- DNA replication in thermophiles / Jae-Ho Shin, Lori M. Kelman, and Zvi Kelman -- DNA-binding proteins and DNA topology / Kathleen Sandman -- Structure and evolution of the Thermus thermophilus ribosome / Steven T. Gregory and Albert E. Dalberg -- Protein phosphorylation at 80C and above / Peter J. Kennelly -- Archaeal 20S proteasome: a simple and thermostable model system for the core particle / Joshua K. Michel and Robert M. Kelly.
- Thermoregulation and human performance 2008, KargerThe evolutionary basis of thermoregulation and exercise performance / F.E. Marino -- Comparative thermoregulation and the quest for athletic supremacy / F.E. Marino -- Thermoregulation, fatigue, and exercise modality / R. Tucker -- Neuromuscular response to exercise heat stress / S.S. Cheung -- Intestinal barrier dysfunction, endotoxemia, and gastrointestinal symptoms : the "canary in the coal mine" during exercise-heat stress? / G.P. Lambert -- Effects of peripheral cooling on characteristics of local muscle / E. Drinkwater -- Cooling interventions for the protection and recovery of exercise performance from exercise-induced heat stress / R. Duffield -- Ethnicity and temperature regulation / M.I. Lambert, T. Mann, J.P. Dugas -- Exercise heat stress and metabolism / T. Mündel.
- Thermostable proteins 2012, CRCnetBASE"Thermostable Proteins: Structural Stability and Design provides a comprehensive, updated account of the physical basis of enhanced stability of thermophilic proteins and the design of tailor-made thermostable proteins, paving the way for their possible industrial applications. This book is devoted to understanding the survival mechanisms of "thermophilic life forms" at the molecular level with an emphasis on design strategies.The review chapters presented in Thermostable Proteins span a wide range of protein thermostability research. Basic structural, thermodynamic, and kinetic principles are explained and molecular strategies for the adaptation to high temperatures are delineated. In addition, this book covers: computing and simulation methods in current and future thermostability research, especially in nonempirical situations, how rigidity theory is used to improve the thermal adaptation of mesophiles Subtilisin-like serine proteases and their significant engineering applications. The state of knowledge concerning structure function relations and the origins of their structural stability. Computational and experimental approaches for the design of proteins with increased thermal stability based on sequences or three-dimensional structures. Understanding the molecular basis of how thermostable and hyperthermostable proteins gain and maintain their stability and biological function at high temperatures remains an important scientific challenge. A more detailed knowledge of protein stability not only deepens our understanding of protein structure but also helps in obtaining insights into processes that drive protein activities folding, unfolding, and misfolding essential to biological function"--Provided by publisher.
- Thiamine 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Thiamine deficiency and associated clinical disorders 2010, SpringerEarly chemistry -- Early thiamine deficiency -- Thiamine deficiency in mammals -- Beriberi -- Wernicke's disease -- Central pontine myelinolysis, alcoholic cerebellar degeneration, and Marchiafava-Bignami disease -- Leigh's disease -- African seasonal ataxia -- Inherited ataxias -- Thiamine deficiency in serious illness -- World health concerns -- Future prospects -- Bontius translation -- Thiamine synonyms -- Nobel Prize acceptance speech of Dr. Christian Eijkman, 1929.
- Thieves of virtue 2012, Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Print MaterialDead Germans and other philosophers: ethics as a professional or public occupation -- Something old: a brief review -- Something newer: supply-side ethics -- Lifeboat ethics: scarcity as an unnatural state -- Biopolitics, biophilosophies, and bioethics -- Principles of biomedical ethics -- Bioethics and conformal humans -- Research and genetics: "for the benefit of humankind" -- Choice, freedom, and the paternalism thing -- Complex ethics: toward an ethics of medicine.
- Thin layer chromatography in drug analysis 2014, CRCnetBASE
- Thin layer chromatography in phytochemistry 2008, CRCnetBASE
- Thinking in circles about obesity 2009, Springer"Thinking in Circles About Obesity brings a healthy portion of critical thinking, spiced with on-target humor and lively graphics, to the obesity debate. Systems and medical physiology scholar Tarek Hamid unites systems (non-linear) thinking and information technology to provide insights and practical strategies for managing our weight and our health. Hamid's clear insights dispel dieters' unrealistic expectations and illuminate dead-end behaviors to tap into a deeper understanding how the body works, why it works that way, and how to better manage it." --Book Jacket.
- Thiol redox transitions in cell signaling. Part A, Chemistry and biochemistry of low molecular weight and protein thiols. 1st ed. 2010, ScienceDirectChanging paradigms in thiology: from antioxidant defense toward redox regulation / Leopold Flohé -- Mass spectrometry-based methods for the determination of sulfur and related metabolite concentrations in cell extracts / Emmanuel Godat ... [et al.] -- Use of dimedone-based chemical probes for sulfenic acid detection: evaluation of conditions affecting probe incorporation into redox-sensitive proteins / Chananat Klomsiri ... [et al.] -- Use of dimedone-based chemical probes for sulfenic acid detection: methods to visualize and identify labeled proteins / Kimberly J. Nelson ... [et al.] -- Formation and reactions of sulfenic acid in human serum albumin / Beatriz Alvarez ... [et al.] -- Determination of GSH, GSSG, and GSNO using HPLC with electrochemical detection / Li-Peng Yap ... [et al.] -- Measurement of mixed disulfides including glutathionylated proteins / Raffaella Priora ... [et al.] -- Detection and quantification of protein disulfides in biological tissues: a fluorescence-based proteomic approach / Viviana I. Pérez ... [et al.] -- Measurement and identification of S-glutathiolated proteins / Bradford G. Hill ... [et al.] -- Proteome screens for Cys residues oxidation: the redoxome / Giovanni Chiappetta ... [et al.] -- Identification by MS/MS of disulfides produced by a functional redox transition / Pierluigi Mauri ... [et al.] -- Mass spectrometry approaches for the redox characterization of protein cysteine residues: the case of the transcription factor Pax-8 / Andrea Scaloni and Gianluca Tell -- A simple method to systematically study oxidatively modified proteins in biological samples and its applications / Byoung-Joon Song, Soo-Kyung Suh and Kwan-Hoon Moon -- Direct and indirect detection methods for the analysis of S-nitrosylated peptides and proteins / Federico Torta, Lisa Elviri and Angela Bachi -- A rapid approach for the detection, quantification, and discovery of novel sulfenic acid or S-nitrosothiol modified proteins using a biotin-switch method / Joseph R. Burgoyne and Philip Eaton -- Protein addicts of aldehydic lipid peroxidation products: identification and characterization of protein adducts using an aldehyde/keto-reactive probe in combination with mass spectrometry / Claudia S. Maier ... [et al.].
- Thiol redox transitions in cell signaling. Part B, Cellular localization and signaling. 1st ed. 2010, ScienceDirectEngineering of Fluorescent Reporters into Redox Domains to Monitor Electron Transfers /Derek Parsonage ... [et al.] --Blot-Based Detection of Dehydroalanine-Containing Glutathione Peroxidase with the Use of Biotin-Conjugated Cysteamine /Sue Goo Rhee, Chun-Seok Cho --Analysis of the Redox Regulation of Protein Tyrosine Phosphatase Superfamily Members Utilizing a Cysteinyl-Labeling Assay /Benoit Boivin, Nicholas K. Tonks --Measuring the Redox State of Cellular Peroxiredoxins by Immunoblottin /Andrew G. Cox, Christine C. Winterbourn, Mark B. Hampton --Thiol Redox Transitions by Thioredoxin and Thioredoxin-Binding Protein-2 in Cell Signaling /Eiji Yoshihara ... [et al.] --Detection of Protein Thiols in Mitochondrial Oxidative Phosphorylation Complexes and Associated Proteins /Kelly K. Andringa, Shannon M. Bailey --Mitochondrial Thioredoxin Reductase: Purification, Inhibitor Studies, and Role in Cell Signaling /Maria Pia Rigobello, Alberto Bindoli --Measuring Mitochondrial Protein Thiol Redox State /Raquel Requejo ... [et al.] --Measurement of Extracellular (Exofacial) Versus Intracellular Protein Thiols /Jolanta Skalska, Steven Bernstein, Paul Brookes --Redox Clamp Model for Study of Extracellular Thiols and Disulfides in Redox Signaling /Young-Mi Go, Dean P. Jones --Redox State of Human Serum Albumin in Terms of Cysteine-34 in Health and Disease /Karl Oettl, Gunther Marsche --Methods for Studying Redox Cycling of Thioredoxin in Mediating Preconditioning-Induced Survival Genes and Proteins /Chuang C. Chiueh --Oxidative Stress, Thiol Redox Signaling Methods in Epigenetics /Isaac K. Sundar ... [et al.] --Characterization of Protein Targets of Mammalian Thioredoxin Reductases /Anton A. Turanov, Dolph L. Hatfield, Vadim N. Gladyshev --Alteration of Thioredoxin Reductase 1 Levels in Elucidating Cancer Etiology /Min-Hyuk Yoo ... [et al.] --Regulation of Apoptosis Signal-Regulating Kinase 1 in Redox Signaling /Kazumi Katagiri, Atsushi Matsuzawa, Hidenori Ichijo --Protocols for the Detection of S-Glutathionylated and S-Nitrosylated Proteins In Situ /Scott W. Aesif, Yvonne M.W. Janssen-Heininger, Niki L. Reynaert --Synthesis, Quantification, Characterization, and Signaling Properties of Glutathionyl Conjugates of Enals /Sanjay Srivastava ... [et al.] --Thioredoxin and Redox Signaling in Vasculature--Studies Using Trx2 Endothelium-Specific Transgenic Mice /Wang Min ... [et al.]
- Third-party reproduction 2014, SpringerThe first IVF conceived birth in 1978 resulted in a significant growth of third party reproductive options which continue to raise ethical, legal, and psychological questions. Third party reproduction procedures can involve as many as five people: sperm donor, egg donor, gestational carrier, and intended parents. Third-Party Reproduction: A Comprehensive Guide utilizes experts in the field to address the medical, psychological, ethical and legal aspects of sperm donation, egg donation, embryo donation, and the use of gestational carriers. In addition, there are chapters on the medical and ethical aspects of posthumous reproduction, religious aspects of third party reproduction, and how to avoid pitfalls of third party reproduction. Aimed at physicians, trainees, psychologists, nurses, and social workers whose practices may include patients considering third party reproduction, the intent of this book is to provide a comprehensive and practical overview of the many aspects of third party reproduction to help all those involved to better understand them. Patients considering third party reproduction may also find value in this book.
- Thirty years of photosynthesis 2006, Springer
- Thomas Eakins-- art, medicine, and sexuality in nineteenth-century Philadelphia SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Print MaterialFrom Benjamin Franklin to Thomas Eakins : a century of Philadelphia scientists, artists, and provocateurs -- The Agnew Clinic, the Gross Clinic, the Crucifixion, and Swimming : dissecting Eakins' paintings -- Body casts and "anatomical eyes" : Thomas Eakins, William Williams Keen, and the curriculum at the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts -- Art, pornography, freak shows, medical pictures, and the guilty pleasures of photography in nineteenth-century Philadelphia -- Scandalous exposures : the trials of Thomas Eakins, William Smith Forbes, and Oscar Wilde -- Conclusion : Thomas Eakins' family values.
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Thompson & Thompson Genetics in medicine. 7th ed. 2007, ClinicalKey
- Thoracic aortic diseases 2006, Springer
- Thoracic imaging 2010, ThiemeCongenital disorders -- Disorders of the airways -- Occupational diseases -- Infections -- Idiopathic interstitial pneumonia -- Collagen diseases and vasculitis -- Immune disorders and disorders of uncertain etiology -- Bronchopulmonary neoplasms -- Disorders of the pulmonary circulatory system -- Mediastinal disorders -- Chest wall and pleura -- Chest trauma -- Sequelae of therapy.
- Thoracic imaging. Second edition. [2nd ed.] 2010, ClinicalKey"Thoracic Imaging: Case Review, by Phillip M. Boiselle, MD, Theresa C. McLoud, MD and Gerald F. Abbott, MD, tests your ability to interpret a wide range of images seen in practice. The completely revised edition of this title in the popular Case Review series features all-new cases and superb-quality accompanying images that explore the newest imaging modalities, including new treatment guidelines for lung cancer, HIV/AIDS, and pneumonia. This complete study of thoracic imaging has been organized for quick reference and easy board and recertification review. Easily find and study the most challenging topics from among approximately 200 cases-organized by difficulty - and 400 images - with questions and answers, diagnoses, commentary, references, and cross-references to Thoracic Radiology: The Requisites."--Publisher's website.
- Thoracic outlet syndrome 2013, SpringerThoracic outlet syndrome (TOS) is a condition estimated to affect as many as 80 of every 1000 patients in the US alone. While estimates vary widely based in part on lack of consensus as to the definition of the syndrome, as many as 3000 first rib resections are performed annually in the US. TOS comprises at least three separate conditions. The most common, neurogenic TOS, refers to the condition where the brachial plexus is compressed at the scalene triangle or retropectoral space, and is manifest as local and extremity pain and neurologic symptoms. Venous TOS refers to the situation where the subclavian vein is compressed by the structures making up the costoclavicular junction, and presents as acute or chronic venous thrombosis or injury or occasionally intermittent positional obstruction. Finally, arterial TOS refers to the situation where arterial injury occurs as the result of abnormal bony or ligamentous structures at the outlet, and presents as occlusion of or embolization from an abnormal artery in this area. Thoracic Outlet Syndrome brings together many experts who treat this disease and are leaders in their fields. While it can certainly be read in its entirety (and should, by all who concentrate on this condition), it is designed to be a clinical reference, residing on a shelf in a busy surgical, vascular or neurologic clinic where individual chapters can be quickly referenced. As such, the chapters are thorough, but concise and useful to answer when a specific question arises in the course of daily practice.
- Thoracic pathology. 1st ed. 2012, ClinicalKeyNormal lung -- Incidental findings -- Developmental and pediatric diseases -- Pediatric tumors -- Obstructive lung (airway) diseases -- Restrictive (interstitial) lung diseases -- Granulomatous diseases (non-infectious) -- Smoking related diseases -- Miscellaneous diseases -- Diseases of vascular origin -- Pulmonary infections -- Complications of therapies -- Tumors of lung -- Nonneoplastic diseases -- Neoplastic diseases -- Normal thymus -- Nonneoplastic diseases -- Thymoma -- Other thymic tumors -- Inflammatory infectious lesions -- Cystic lesions -- Ectopic lesions -- Tumors -- Normal heart -- Congenital heart disease -- Valvular diseases -- Mycocardial diseases -- Ischemic heart disease -- Heart transplantation -- Infections -- Tumors of the heart -- Diseases of vessels.
- Thoracic radiology. 2nd ed. 2010, ClinicalKeyThoracic radiology : imaging methods, radiographic signs, and diagnosis of chest disease / McLoud, Aquino -- Congenital abnormalities of the thorax / McLoud, Boiselle -- Pulmonary infections in the normal host / McLoud, Boiselle -- Pulmonary diseases in the immunocompromised host with or without acquired immunodeficiency syndrome / McLoud, Boiselle -- Radiography for the critical care patient / Trotman-Dickenson -- Thoracic trauma / Trotman-Dickenson, Ledbetter -- Interstitial lung disease / McLoud, Digumarthy -- The pneumoconioses / McLoud, Digumarthy -- Diseases of altered immunologic activity / McLoud, Boiselle, Trotman-Dickenson -- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and asthma / McLoud, Boiselle -- Pulmonary neoplasms / McLoud, Digumarthy -- The trachea / Digumarthy, Shepard -- The bronchi / Digumarthy, Shepard -- Pulmonary vascular abnormalities / Boiselle, Wittram -- The mediastinum : anatomy / Boiselle -- Mediastinal masses / Boiselle -- Diffuse mediastinal abnormalities / Boiselle -- The pleura / McLoud, Boiselle -- Interventional techniques / McLoud, Digumarthy.
- Thoracic surgery atlas 2007, ClinicalKeyIncisions -- Minimally invasive approaches -- Lung -- Chest wall -- Mediastinum -- Esophagus -- Thoracic duct -- Sympathetic chain -- Diaphragm -- Major airways -- Pleura.
- Thoraco-abdominal aorta 2011, Springer
- Thoracoscopy for pulmonologists 2014, SpringerThe incidence of pleural disease is increasing, and it is now accepted that best practice requires the incorporation of thoracoscopy into the work-up. However, surgeons cannot meet the rising demand for thoracoscopy by means of video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery (VATS), and waiting lists for endoscopic pleural procedures are consequently lengthening. Against this background, there is an increasing need for medical thoracoscopy performed by pulmonologists, which may be video assisted and has the advantage of being very cost-effective. This book is a comprehensive and up-to-date guide to thoracoscopy for pulmonologists that documents the considerable progress in endoscopic telescopes and instrumentation. Clear practical guidance is provided on technique, and diagnostic, therapeutic, and interventional applications of thoracoscopy are all carefully examined with the aid of high-quality illustrations. Although medical thoracoscopy is much less invasive than VATS and thoracotomy, complications can occur in a small number of cases; these are discussed and advice on prevention is provided. The concluding section examines the future of the field, covering developments such as 'mini' thoracoscopy, autofluorescence thoracoscopy, and flexi-rigid thoracoscopy.
- Thoraxchirurgie 2006, Springer
- Thought suppression 2005, ScienceDirect
- Three-dimensional cephalometry 2006, SpringerFrom 3-D volumetric computer tomography to 3-D cephalometry / Filip Schutyser, Johan Van Cleynenbreugel -- Basic craniofacial anatomical outlines / Gwen R.J. Swennen -- 3-D cephalometric reference system / Gwen R.J. Swennen -- 3-D cephalometric hard tissue landmarks / Gwen R.J. Swennen -- 3-D cephalometric soft tissue landmarks / Gwen R.J. Swennen -- 3-D cephalometric planes / Gwen R.J. Swennen -- 3-D cephalometric analysis / Gwen R.J. Swennen -- 3-D cephalometry and craniofacial growth / Gwen R.J. Swennen -- Clinical applications / Gwen R.J. Swennen -- Future perspectives of 3-D cephalometry / Gwen R.J. Swennen, Filip Schutyse.
- Three-dimensional digital tomosynthesis 2014, Springer
- Three-dimensional echocardiography 2011, Springer
- Print MaterialPostconception -- Touching the brain -- Embryonic period -- Watching the brain -- Fetal period -- Mining the brain -- Childhood -- The dreaming brain -- Adolescence -- Multiple minds -- Adulthood -- Mind and magic -- Old age -- Open mind -- Death -- Mind and body.
- Thrombin 2009, Springer
- Thromboembolism in orthopedic surgery 2013, Springer1. Thromboembolism in Orthopedic Surgery: Scope of the Problem / Bengt I. Eriksson and Ola E. Dahl -- 2. Incidence of Venous Thromboembolism in Orthopedic Surgery / Ajay K. Kakkar and Sophie K. Rushton-Smith -- 3. Specific Risk Factors for Venous Thromboembolism in Orthopedics / Lasse J. Lapidus -- 4. Diagnosis and Treatment of Deep Vein Thrombosis and Pulmonary Embolism After Major Joint Surgery / Manuel Monreal and Juan I. Arcelus -- 5. Drugs for Thromboprophylaxis: Unfractionated Heparin, Low Molecular Weight Heparin, Warfarin, and Fondaparinux / José Aguirre and Alain Borgeat -- 6. New Drugs for Thromboprophylaxis: Apixaban, Dabigatran, Rivaroxaban / Raquel Ferrandis -- 7. Effectiveness of Mechanical Devices in Orthopedic Surgery / David J. Warwick -- 8. Anesthetic Implications of Thromboprophylaxis / Sibylle A. Kozek-Langenecker -- 9. Thromboprophylaxis in High-Risk Orthopedic Surgery: Total Hip and Knee Arthroplasty and Hip Fracture / Juan V. Llau and Raquel Ferrandis -- 10. Thromboprophylaxis in Day Surgery: Knee Arthroscopy and Ligamentoplasty (Ligament Reconstruction) / James E. Muntz, Steven E. Flores, and Walter R. Lowe -- 11. Thromboprophylaxis in Special Patients: Multiple Trauma, Head Trauma, and Spine Surgery / Maria J. Colomina, Lidia Mora, and Esther Ciércoles -- 12. Management of Antiaggregated and Anticoagulated Patients Scheduled for Orthopedic Surgery / Raquel Ferrandis and Juan V. Llau.
- Thrombolytic therapy for acute stroke. 2nd ed. 2005, Springer
- Print MaterialThe normal lung / Charles Kuhn III and Joanne L. Wright -- Lung growth and development / Monique E. De Paepe -- Quantitative anatomy of the lung / Joanne L. Wright and William M. Thurlbeck -- Lung biopsy, lung resection, and autopsy lung specimens : handling and diagnosis limitations / Andrew M. Churg -- Special techniques / Joanne L. Wright -- Pulmonary disorders in the neonate, infant, and child / Claire Langston -- Bacterial infections of the lungs and upper airways / Gary W. Procop and Henry D. Tazelaar -- Tuberculosis and other mycobacterial infections of the lung / Gary W. Procop and Henry D. Tazelaar -- Viral infections of the respiratory tract / Gary W. Procop and Henry D. Tazelaar -- Fungal diseases, including pneumocystis / Richard E. Sobonya -- Protozoal and helminthic pulmonary disease / Richard Fraser -- Alveolar hemorrhage / Samuel A. Yousem -- Pulmonary edema / James C. Hogg -- Adult respiratory distress syndrome / Joanne L. Wright -- Wegener's granulomatosis / Samuel A. Yousem -- Churg-Strauss syndrome, microscopic polyangiitis, and other forms of pulmonary vasculitis / Andrew M. Churg -- Carcinoma of the lung / Philip T. Cagle -- Uncommon tumors of the lung / Henry D. Tazelaar -- Lymphoproliferative disorders / Andrew G. Nicholson -- Idiopathic interstitial pneumonias / Jeffrey L. Myers -- Other diffuse lung diseases / Jeffrey L. Myers -- Chronic airflow obstruction / Joanne L. Wright -- Lung transplant pathology / Philip T. Cagle -- Occupational lung disease / Andrew M. Churg and Francis H.Y. Green -- Pulmonary vascular disease / J. Michael Kay -- Diseases of the pleura / Andrew M. Churg -- Diagnostic lung cytology / Roger Amy.
- Thymic development and selection of T Lymphocytes 2014, SpringerThe thymus is an evolutionarily ancient primary lymphoid organ common to all vertebrates in which T cell development takes place. Failing thymus function is associated with immunodeficiency and/or autoimmunity. In this volume, leading experts provide a comprehensive overview of recent advances in thymopoiesis research. The chapters cover the development of the thymic epithelial microenvironment, address the formation of a diverse and self-tolerant repertoire of T cell receptors as the basis for cellular immunity, discuss the mechanisms by which progenitor cells colonize the thymus and detail the molecular basis for T lineage decisions. The reviews illustrate the important role of the multifaceted process of thymopoiesis for adaptive immunity.
- Thymus gland 2007, Springer
- Thymus gland pathology 2008, Springer
- Thyroid and heart failure 2009, Springer
- Thyroid cancer 2012, SpringerThe American Cancer Society recently estimated that about 45,000 new cases of thyroid cancer will be diagnosed in the United States, with three-quarters occurring in women. The overall 5-year survival rate is about 97%, making it one of the least lethal cancers. We are experiencing an epidemic of well-differentiated thyroid cancer, in part due to the widespread use of imaging modalities that detect thyroid nodules and microcarcinomas. Concurrently, there have been a number of recent advances in surgical treatment, as well as diagnostic modalities that allow us to detect small amounts of residual local and metastatic disease. Additionally, a reexamination of past treatment regimens has led to new recommendations regarding the use of radioactive iodine, and to new therapeutic options, such as targeted therapy which have supplanted the use of more toxic chemotherapy for metastatic cancer. Multiple academic organizations have developed consensus guidelines for the management of thyroid cancer, occasionally with conflicting recommendations. In Thyroid Cancer, a renowned group of authors presents a broad overview of the pathology, pathophysiology, diagnosis, and management of thyroid cancer, with an emphasis on recent evidence-based information. State-of-the-art and a significant contribution to the literature, Thyroid Cancer is an invaluable reference for endocrinologists, oncologists, nuclear medicine physicians, radiation oncologists, primary care physicians, and surgeons who deal with head and neck cancer.
- Thyroid cancer 2011, CRCnetBASE"Thyroid cancer evaluation and treatment has enjoyed very little evolution in comparison with other disease management strategies. The standard treatment algorithms for thyroid cancer have varied only in response to major, though infrequent, biotechnological innovations. These resultant algorithm node insertions produced paradigm changes, but there has been little to advance the care of the patient with advanced thyroid cancer--until very recently. Perhaps the reasons for a relative lack of interest and scientific progress are the overwhelming likelihood of benignity among thyroid nodules, the overwhelmingly favorable clinical outcome even if a patient has thyroid cancer, and the overwhelming long time required for clinical follow-up of these cancer patients. Unfortunately, the problem now is that we may be overmanaging low-risk patients, and we have not achieved the clinical responses we would have liked with high-risk patients"--Provided by publisher.
- Thyroid cancer in clinical practice 2007, Springer
- Thyroid cancer. 2nd ed. 2005, Springer
- Thyroid cancer. 2nd ed. 2006, Springer
- Thyroid cytopathology. 2nd ed. 2010, Springer
- Print MaterialIntroduction / J. Martin Miller and Max Wisgerhof -- Techniques of fine-needle aspiration biopsy / J. Martin Miller and Max Wisgerhof -- Cytopreparatory techniques -- Specimen adequacy and asessment, reporting scheme -- Concepts basic to thyroid cytopathology and guidelines for evaluating thyroid fine-needle aspirates -- Nodular goiter -- Follicular adenoma and follicular carcinoma -- Hürthle cell lesions -- Papillary carcinoma -- Poorly differentiated "insular" carcinoma -- Anaplastic carcinoma -- Medullary carcinoma -- Thyroiditis -- Malignant lymphoma -- Thyroid carcinomas metastatic to other body sites -- Metastatic malignancy to the thyroid -- Cysts and cystic lesions of the thyroid -- Spindle cells in thyroid aspirates -- Miscellaneous lesions of the thyroid -- Infarction of thyroid neoplasms following fine-needle biopsy -- Lesions of the parathyroid glands -- Ancillary diagnostic techniques / Osama Alassi ... [et al.] -- Application of needle biopsy data to management decisions / J. Martin Miller.
- Thyroid disease 2005, SpringerForeword vii -- Preface -- Acknowledgments -- Part 1. Physiology, testing, and common thyroid disorders -- Introduction -- Thyroid testing and imaging -- Graves' disease -- Other causes of hyperthyroidism -- Thyroid ophthalmopathy -- Hypothyroidism -- Subclinical thyroid disease -- Hashimoto's thyroiditis -- Thyroid disease in pregnancy and post partum -- Thyroid disease in children and adolescents -- Thyroid nodules and cancer -- Management of thyroid cancer patients -- Part 2. Challenging thyroid disorders and current controversies -- Challenging cases of hyperthyroidism -- Treatment of Graves' disease: a personal perspective -- Iatrogenic hyperthyroidism -- Final thoughts -- Index.
- Thyroid disease in adults 2011, Springer
- Thyroid disorders with cutaneous manifestations 2008, SpringerAnatomy and Embryology of the Thyroid Gland / Gabriel Wong and Scott Schaffer -- Hormones / Airani Sathananthan, Kimberly A. Placzkowski and John C. Morris -- Classification and Epidemiology of Thyroid Disease / Ghada Haddad and Steven Kaufman -- Laboratory Diagnosis of Thyroid Disease / Reagan Schiefer and Vahab Fatourechi -- Thyroglossal Duct Cysts / Lisa M. Reid -- Thyroid Cancer and the Skin / Robert A. Somer and Nati Lerman -- Chromosomes, Genes, and the Thyroid Gland / Analisa V. Halpern and Rhonda E. Schnur -- Cutaneous Manifestations of Hyperthyroidism / Clara-Dina Cokonis, Carrie W. Cobb, Warren R. Heymann and Chad M. Hivnor -- Cutaneous Manifestations of Hypothyroidism / Sandra A. Kopp, Pascal G. Ferzli, Chad M. Hivnor and Warren R. Heymann -- Pretibial Myxedema (Thyroid Dermopathy) / Vahab Fatourechi -- Alopecia and Thyroid Disease / Michelle Babb-Tarbox and Wilma F. Bergfeld -- Chronic Idiopathic Urticaria and Thyroid Disease / Jeffrey S Rumbyrt and Alan L Schocket -- Dermatologic Disorders Associated with Thyroid Disease / Joslyn Sciacca Kirby and William D. James -- Potential Therapeutic Uses of Thyroid Hormone / Joshua D. Safer and Michael F. Holick.
- Thyroid function testing 2010, SpringerThyroid Hormone Metabolism / Stephen A. Huang and Luciana A. de Castro Neves -- Genetic Influences on Thyroid Function Tests / Wendy M. van der Deure, Marco Medici, Robin P. Peeters and Theo J. Visser -- Influence of Iodine Deficiency and Excess on Thyroid Function Tests / Maria Andersson and Michael B. Zimmermann -- Regulation of Thyroid Hormone Production and Measurement of Thyrotropin / Jerome M. Hershman -- Measurements of Thyroxine and Triiodothyronine / Jim R. Stockigt -- Thyroid Autoantibody Measurement / R. A. Ajjan and A. P. Weetman -- Thyroglobulin Measurement / Carole Spencer and Ivana Petrovic -- Thyroid Function Testing in Ambulatory Practice / Angela M. Leung and Alan P. Farwell -- Assessing Thyroid Function in Infants and Children / Alicia G. Marks and Stephen H. LaFranchi -- Assessing Thyroid Function in Hospitalized Patients / Jonathan S. LoPresti and Komal S. Patil -- Assessing Thyroid Function in Pregnancy / John H. Lazarus, Offie P. Soldin and Carol Evans -- Assessing Thyroid Function in the Elderly / Mary H. Samuels -- Influence of Drugs on Thyroid Function Tests / Sonia Ananthakrishnan and Elizabeth N. Pearce.
- Thyroid gland development and function 2007, KargerMurine models for the study of thyroid gland development / M. De Felice, R. Di Lauro -- Familial forms of thyroid dysgenesis / M. Castanet, M. Polak, J. Léger -- Possible non-Mendelian mechanisms of thyroid dysgenesis / J. Deladoëy, G. Vassart, G. Van Vliet -- Thyroid imaging in children / C. Garel, J. Léger -- Clinical and biological consequences of iodine deficiency during pregnancy / D. Glinoer -- Ontogenesis of thyroid function and interactions with maternal function / M.J. Obregon ... [et al.] -- New phenotypes in thyroid dyshormonogenesis: hypothyroidism due to DUOX2 mutations / J.C. Moreno, T.J. Visser -- Thyroid hormone transporter defects / A. Grüters -- Novel biological and clinical aspects of thyroid hormone metabolism / A.M. Dumitrescu, S. Refetoff -- Papillary and follicular thyroid cancers in children / V. Vasko ... [et al.] -- Hereditary medullary thyroid carcinoma: how molecular genetics made multiple endocrine neoplasia type 2 a paediatric disease / G. Szinnai, S. Sarnacki, M. Polak.
- Thyroid neoplasms 2005, ScienceDirectGene rearrangements in thryoid cancer -- Molecular markers of thyroid nodules -- Ultrasound in the diagnosis and management of thyroid cancer -- Controversies in the use of radioiodine for remnant ablation and therapy of thyroid carcinoma -- Thyroglobulin measurements in thryoid cancer evaluation and surveillance -- The role of fluoro-deoxy glucose (FDG) positron emission tomorgraphy (PET) in the management of differentiated thyroid cancer -- Preclinical studies of chemotherapy for undifferentiated thyroid carcinoma -- Medullary thyroid carcinoma -- Thyroid neoplasms in children and adolescents.
- History of Thyroid Ultrasound /Robert A. Levine --Thyroid Ultrasound Physics /Robert A. Levine --Doppler Ultrasound of the Neck /Robert A. Levine --Normal Neck Anatomy and Method of Performing Ultrasound Examination /Dara R. Treadwell --Pediatric Ultrasound of the Neck /Henry J. Baskin Jr --Ultrasound of Diffuse Thyroid Enlargement: Thyroiditis /Mark A. Lupo and Robert A. Levine --Ultrasound of Nodular Thyroid Enlargement /Susan J. Mandel and Jill E. Langer --Ultrasound and Mapping of Neck Lymph Nodes /Gregory Randolph, Barry Sacks and H. Jack Baskin Sr --Ultrasonography of the Parathyroid Glands /Dev Abraham --Surgical Trends in Treatment of Thyroid Nodules, Thyroid Cancer, and Parathyroid Disease /Haengrang Ryu, Rachel Harris and Nancy D. Perrier --Ultrasound of Salivary Glands and the Non-endocrine Neck /Robert A. Sofferman --Ultrasound-Guided Fine-Needle: Aspiration of Thyroid Nodules /Daniel S. Duick --Laser and Radiofrequency Ablation Procedures /Roberto Valcavi, Giorgio Stecconi Bortolani and Fabrizio Riganti --Percutaneous Ethanol Injection (PEI) in the Treatment of Thyroid Cysts, Nodules, and Other Neck Lesions /Andrea Frasoldati and Roberto Valcavi --Ultrasound-Guided FNA and Molecular Markers for Optimization of Thyroid Nodule Management /Daniel S. Duick --Ultrasound Elastography of the Thyroid /Robert A. Levine --Authoring Quality Ultrasound Reports /J. Woody Sistrunk and H. Jack Baskin Sr.
- TIA as acute cerebrovascular syndrome 2014, KargerHistory of transient ischemic attack definition / Mohr, J.P. -- The concept of acute cerebrovascular syndrome / Uchiyama, S. -- Transient ischemic attack as a medical emergency / Okada, Y. -- TIA clinic : a major advance in management of transient ischemic attacks / Lavalle, P.; Amarenco, P. -- Risk scores for transient ischemic attack / Wolf, M.E.; Held, V.E.; Hennerici, M.G. -- Epidemiology of transient ischemic attack / Kokubo, Y. -- Symptoms of transient ischemic attack / Kim, J.S. -- Guidelines for management of patients with transient ischemic attack / Uehara, T.; Minematsu, K. -- Radiological examinations of transient ischemic attack / Tung, C.E.; Olivot, J.M.; Albers, G.W. -- Neurosonological examinations of transient ischemic attack / Sharma, V.K.; Wong, K.S.L. -- Stroke subtypes and interventional studies for transient ischemic attack / Lavalle, P.; Amarenco, P. -- Antithrombotic therapy in transient ischemic attack patients / Held, V.E.; Wolf, M.E.; Hennerici, M.G.
- Tidy's Physiotherapy. 15th ed. / 2013, ScienceDirectThe responsibilities of being a physiotherapist / Ralph Hammond and Ceri Sedgley -- Inter-professional education and team working / Alison Chambers .̤ [et al.] -- Clinical leadership and professionalism / Alison Chambers -- Pharmacology for physiotherapists / Nicholas Southorn -- Reflection / Linda Hollingworth, Sarah Dunbar, and Lindsey Dugdill -- Respiratory diseases / Stephanie Enright and Fiona Schreuder -- Adult spontaneous and conventional mechanical ventilation / Sue Pieri-Davies, Helen Carruthers, and Melanie Reardon -- Cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation / Sushma Sanghivi -- Physiotherapy in cardiothoracic surgery / Anne Dyson and Kelly Youd -- Changing relationships for changing health / Sally French and John Swain -- Musculoskeletal assessment / Lynne Gaskell -- Tissue inflammation and repair / Janette Grey -- Exercise in rehabilitation / Duncan Mason -- Muscle imbalance / Alan Chamberlain, Wendy Munro and Alex Rickard -- Biomechanics / Jim Richards, Renuka Erande and Ambreen Chohan -- Sports management / Hilary Pape -- Pain / Lester Jones, Lorimer Moseley, Catherine Carus -- Acupuncture / Andrew Bannan -- Electrotherapy / Tim Watson -- Physiotherapy for people with amputation / Carolyn Hale -- Massage / Joan watt -- An introduction to fractures / Annie Karim -- Upper and lower limb joint arthroplasty / Ann Price -- Older people / Bhanu Ramaswamy and Paula McCandless -- Neurodynamics / Monika Lohkamp, Katie Small, and Lee Herrington -- Neurological physiotherapy / Christine Smith, Anita Watson, and Louise Connell -- Physiotherapy in women's health / Gill Brook ... [et al.].
- Print Material
- Tietz textbook of clinical chemistry and molecular diagnostics. 5th ed. 2013, ClinicalKey"As the definitive reference for clinical chemistry, Tietz Textbook of Clinical Chemistry and Molecular Diagnostics, 5th Edition offers the most current and authoritative guidance on selecting, performing, and evaluating results of new and established laboratory tests. Up-to-date encyclopedic coverage details everything you need to know, including: analytical criteria for the medical usefulness of laboratory procedures; new approaches for establishing reference ranges; variables that affect tests and results; the impact of modern analytical tools on lab management and costs; and applications of statistical methods. In addition to updated content throughout, this two-color edition also features a new chapter on hemostasis and the latest advances in molecular diagnostics."--Publisher's website.
- Tight junctions 2006, SpringerEvolution of the transporting epithelium phenotype / Marcelino Cereijido ... [et al.] -- Occludin, a constituent of tight junctions / Yan-Hua Chen, Daniel A. Goodenough and Qun Lu -- Tight junction channels / James Melvin Anderson and Christina M. Van Itallie -- JAM family proteins: tight junction proteins that belong to the immunoglobulin superfamily / Susumu Hirabayashi and Yutaka Hata -- Cingulin, a cytoskeleton-associated protein of the tight junction / Laurent Guillemot and Sandra Citi -- ZO proteins and tight junction assembly / Alan S. Fanning -- TJ proteins that make round trips to the nucleus / Esther Lopez-Bayghen ... [et al.] -- Tight junctions and the regulation of epithelial -- Cell proliferation and gene expression / Emma Kavanagh ... [et al.] -- Tight junction proteins and cancer / Isabel J. Latorre, Kristopher K. Frese and Ronald T. Javier -- Regulation of paracellular transport across tight junctions by the actin cytoskeleton / Matthias Bruewer and Asma Nusrat -- Regulation of tight junctions' functional integrity: role of a urinary factor, lipids, and ouabain / Liora Shoshani ... [et al.] -- Tight junctions during development / Bhavwanti Sheth ... [et al.] -- Tight junctions and the blood-brain barrier / Hartwig Wolburg, Andrea Lippoldt, and Klaus Ebnet -- Tight junctions in CNS myelin / Jeff M. Bronstein and Seema Tiwari-Woodruff -- Tight junction modulation and its relationship to drug delivery / Noha N. Salama, Natalie D. Eddington and Alessio Fasano.
- Tight junctions in cancer metastasis 2013, SpringerThere has been a dramatic increase in knowledge of tight junctions in the past decade. The molecular structure of tight junctions, cellular functions and the pathophysiological roles of tight junctions are becoming clear. Of the most important functions, the role of the cellular structure in cancer spread and drug delivery are increasingly realised. It is now clear that there are fundamental changes to tight junctions during the process of cancer development. Tight junctions are also critical to the metastatic process of cancer cells.
- Time cure. 1st ed. 2012Print MaterialPTSD and time perspective therapy. How PTSD sufferers get stuck in time -- A new psychology of time -- Time perspective therapy -- The stories. War veterans, PTSD, and time perspective therapy -- Everyday trauma, PTSD, and time perspective therapy -- Women, PTSD, and time perspective therapy -- Appendix A: How TPT compares with other approaches -- Appendix B: Clinical trial: TPT pilot study research data -- Appendix C: Client psychological test scores.
- Time series modeling of neuroscience data 2012, CRCnetBASE"Recent advances in brain science measurement technology have given researchers access to very large-scale time series data such as EEG/MEG data (20 to 100 dimensional) and fMRI (140,000 dimensional) data. To analyze such massive data, efficient computational and statistical methods are required. Time Series Modeling of Neuroscience Data shows how to efficiently analyze neuroscience data by the Wiener-Kalman-Akaike approach, in which dynamic models of all kinds, such as linear/nonlinear differential equation models and time series models, are used for whitening the temporally dependent time series in the framework of linear/nonlinear state space models. Using as little mathematics as possible, this book explores some of its basic concepts and their derivatives as useful tools for time series analysis. Unique features include: statistical identification method of highly nonlinear dynamical systems such as the Hodgkin-Huxley model, Lorenz chaos model, Zetterberg Model, and more Methods and applications for Dynamic Causality Analysis developed by Wiener, Granger, and Akaike state space modeling method for dynamicization of solutions for the Inverse Problems heteroscedastic state space modeling method for dynamic non-stationary signal decomposition for applications to signal detection problems in EEG data analysis An innovation-based method for the characterization of nonlinear and/or non-Gaussian time series An innovation-based method for spatial time series modeling for fMRI data analysis The main point of interest in this book is to show that the same data can be treated using both a dynamical system and time series approach so that the neural and physiological information can be extracted more efficiently. Of course, time series modeling is valid not only in neuroscience data analysis but also in many other sciences and engineering fields where the statistical inference from the observed time series data plays an important role"--Provided by publisher.
- Time-to-contact 2004, ScienceDirectTheories of time-to-contact judgment / Heiko Hecht and Geert J.P. Savelsbergh -- The biological bases of time-to-collision computation / Barrie J. Frost and Hongjin Sun -- Building blocks for time-to-contact estimation by the brain / Markus Lappe -- Predicting motion : a psychophysical study / Lucia M. Vaina, Franco Giulianini -- Collisions : getting them under control / John M. Flach ... [et al.] -- Optical information for collision detection during deceleration / George J. Andersen and Craig W. Sauer -- Interceptive action : what's time-to-contact got to do with it? / James R. Tresilian -- The information-based control of interceptive timing : a developmental perspective / Paulion van Hof, John van der Kamp and Geert J.P. Savelsbergh -- A step by step approach to research on time-to-contact and time-to-passage / David Regan and Rob Gray -- Textured Tau / Klaus Landwehr -- Multiple sources of information influence time-to-contact judgments : do heuristics accommodate limits in sensory and cognitive processes? / Patricia R. DeLucia -- How now, broad Tau? / Mary K. Kaiser and Walter W. Johnson -- The use of binocular time-to-contact information / Rob Gray and David Regan -- Interception of projectiles, from when & where to where once / Simon K. Rushton -- Acoustic information for timing / Chris Button and Keith Davids -- Why tau is probably not used to guide reaches / Geoffrey P. Bingham and Frank T.J.M. Zaal -- The use of time-to-contact information for the initiation of hand closure in natural prehension / Frank T.J.M. Zaal and Reinoud J. Bootsma -- Another timing variable composed of state variables : phase perception and phase driven oscillators / Geoffrey P. Bingham -- The fallacious assumption of time-to-contact perception in the regulation of catching and hitting / Simone Caljouw, John van der Kamp and Geert J.P. Savelsbergh -- How time-to-contact is involved in the regulation of goal-directed locomotion / Gilles Montagne ... [et al.].
- Print Material
- Tinnitus 2012, SpringerHistorical Reflections on Current Issues in Tinnitus /Jos J. Eggermont and Fan-Gang Zeng --Behavioral Tests for Tinnitus in Animals /Henry E. Heffner and Rickye S. Heffner --Molecular Mechanism of Tinnitus /Marlies Knipper, Marcus Müller and Ulrike Zimmermann --The Cochlea and the Auditory Nerve as a Primary Source of Tinnitus /Régis Nouvian, Michel Eybalin and Jean-Luc Puel --Dorsal Cochlear Nucleus: Somatosensory-Auditory Interactions in Tinnitus /Susanne Dehmel, Seth D. Koehler and Susan E. Shore --The Inferior Colliculus: Involvement in Hyperactivity and Tinnitus /Donald Robertson and Wilhelmina Mulders --Cortex: Way Station or Locus of the Tinnitus Percept? /Jos J. Eggermont --Human Brain Imaging of Tinnitus /Jennifer R. Melcher --The Psychophysics of Tinnitus /Brian C. J. Moore --Stimulating the Auditory System to Treat Tinnitus: From Alleviating the Symptoms to Addressing the Causes /Arnaud J. Noreña --Treatment: Pharmacological, Repetitive Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation, Epidural Stimulation, and Deep Brain Stimulation /Berthold Langguth, Dirk De Ridder, Tobias Kleinjung and Ana Belén Elgoyhen.
- Tinnitus, pathophysiology and treatment 2007, ScienceDirect
- Tintinalli's Emergency medicine. 7th ed. 2011, AccessMedicineSection 1. Prehospital Care -- Section 2. Disaster Preparedness -- Section 3. Resuscitation -- Section 4. Resuscitative Procedures -- Section 5. Analgesia, Anesthesia, and Procedural Sedation -- Section 6. Emergency Wound Management -- Section 7. Cardiovascular Disease -- Section 8. Pulmonary Emergencies -- Section 9. Gastrointestinal Emergencies -- Section 10. Renal and Genitourinary Disorders -- Section 11. Obstetrics and Gynecology -- Section 12. Pediatrics -- Section 13. Infectious Diseases -- Section 14. Neurology -- Section 15. Toxicology -- Section 16. Environmental Injuries -- Section 17. Endocrine Emergencies -- Section 18. Hematologic and Oncologic Emergencies -- Section 19. Eyes, Ears, Nose, Throat, and Oral Surgery -- Section 20. Skin Disorders -- Section 21. Trauma -- Section 22. Injuries to Bones and Joints -- Section 23. Musculoskeletal Disorders -- Section 24. Psychosocial Disorders -- Section 25. Abuse and Assault -- Section 26. Special Situations -- Section 27. Principles of Imaging.Videos of Procedures: -- Dix-Hallpike Maneuver (4 min., 55 sec.) -- Epley Maneuver (3 min., 52 sec.) -- Ultrasound: Basilic Vein Cannulation (5 min., 17 sec.) -- The Knee Exam (10 min., 52 sec.) -- Lumbar Puncture Decubitus Position (10 min., 11 sec.) -- NIH Stroke Scale (18 min., 3 sec.) -- Posterior Leg Splint (2 min., 19 sec.) -- Chest Tube Insertion (10 min.).
- Tips and techniques in laparoscopic surgery 2005, Springerpt. 1: Upper gastrointestinal tract procedures -- pt. 2: Colorectal procedures -- pt. 3: Inguinal hernia and retroperitoneal procedures -- pt. 4: Procedures for pelvic floor disorders.
- Tips and tricks in endocrine surgery 2014, SpringerEndocrine surgery is a highly specialised field due to the technical nature of the procedures and associated risks. Despite this, endocrine operations sometimes fall to the general surgeon to deploy. Tips and Tricks in Endocrine Surgery aims to provide a concise summary of all aspects of endocrine surgery, taking into account the latest evidence and current expert opinion. The book comprises five sections covering the major endocrine organs and systems, each chapter focuses on one endocrine disorder and provides guidelines on the techniques, considerations and aspects of surgical care specific to each procedure. This book is an invaluable quick-reference resource that will appeal to higher surgical trainees in general surgery, endocrine surgery, ENT surgery and neurosurgery. Core surgical trainees preparing for examinations and consultants wishing to refresh their knowledge of the surgical management of endocrine disorders will also find this book useful.
- Tips and tricks in laparoscopic urology 2007, Springer
- Print Material
- Tissue engineering 2006, ScienceDirect
- Tissue engineering 2011, Springer
- Tissue engineering Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Tissue engineering and artificial organs 2006., CRCnetBASEBiomolecular engineering in oligonucleotide applications -- Gene therapy -- Bio-nanorobotics: state of the art and future challenges -- sect. IV. Bionanotechnology. DNA as a scaffold for nano-structure assembly -- Directed evolution of proteins for device applications -- Semiconductor quantum dots for molecular and cellular imaging -- Bionanotechnology for bioanalysis -- Nano-hydroxyapatite for biomedical applications -- Nanotechnology provides new tools for biomedical optics -- Nanomaterials perspectives and possibilities in nanomedicine -- Biomedical nanoengineering for nanomedicine -- Physiogenomics: integrating systems engineering and nanotechnology for personalized medicine -- Bionanotechnology patenting: challenges and opportunities -- sect. V. Tissue engineering. Fundamentals of stem cell tissue engineering -- Growth factors and morphogens: signals for tissue engineering -- Extracellular matrix: structure, function, and applications to tissue engineering --Esophagus: a tissue engineering challenge -- Tissue engineered vascular grafts -- Cardiac tissue engineering: matching native architecture and function to develop safe and efficient therapy -- Tissue engineering of heart valves -- Tissue engineering, stem cells and cloning for the regeneration of urologic organs -- Hepatic tissue engineering for adjunct and temporary liver support -- Tissue engineering of renal replacement therapy -- The bioengineering of dental tissues -- Tracheal tissue engineering -- sect. VI. Prostheses and artificial organs. Artificial heart and circulatory assist devices -- Cardiac valve prostheses -- Vascular grafts -- Artificial lungs and blood-gas exchange devices -- Artificial kidney -- Peritoneal dialysis equipment -- Therapeutic apheresis and blood fractionation -- Liver support systems -- Artificial pancreas -- Nerve guidance channels -- Tracheal, laryngeal, and esophageal replacement devices -- Artificial blood -- Artificial skin and dermal equivalents -- sect. VII. Ethics. Beneficence, nonmaleficence, and medical technology -- Ethical isseus related to clinical research.Mechanical forces on cells -- Cell adhesion -- Cell migration -- Inflammatory and immune responses to tissue engineered devices -- Polymeric scaffolds for tissue engineering applications -- Calcium phosphate ceramics for bone tissue engineering -- Biomimetic materials -- Nanocomposite scaffolds for tissue engineering -- Roles of thermodynamic state and molecular mobility in biopreservation -- Drug delivery -- Gene therapy -- Tissue engineering bioreactors -- Animal models for evaluation of tissue-engineered orthopedic implants -- The regulation of engineered tissues: emerging approaches -- Bioengineering of human skin substitutes -- Nerve regeneration: tissue engineering strategies -- Gene therapy and tissue engineering based on muscle-derived stem cells: potential for musculoskeletal tissue regeneration and repair -- Tissue engineering applications - bone -- Cartilage tissue engineering -- Tissue engineering of the tempormandibular joint -- Engineering smoot muscle --Sect. I. Molecular biology. Historical perspective and basics of molecular biology -- Systems and technology involving bacteria -- Recombinant DNA technology using mammalian cells -- sect. II. Transport phenomena and biomimetic systems. Biomimetic systems -- Diffusional processes and engineering design -- Microvascular heat transfer -- Perfusion effects and hydrodynamics -- Animal surrogate systems -- Arterial wall mass transport: the possible role of blood phase resistance in the localization of arterial disease -- Control of the microenvironment -- Interstitial transport in the brain: principles for local drug delivery -- sect. III. Biotechnology. Tools for genome analysis -- Vaccine production -- Protein ngineering -- Metabolic engineering -- Monoclonal antibodies and their engineered fragments --
- Tissue engineering and novel delivery systems 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Tissue engineering and regenerative medicine 2013, CRCnetBASE"This book bridges the gap between nanotechnology and regenerative medicine to facilitate their transition from lab to the clinic. It compiles important aspects of the basic science and fundamental principles to current nanotechnological innovations in biomaterials, cell, tissue, and organ engineering, and their clinical relevance, as well as future trends in regenerative medicine. It is intended for a wide audience including students, researchers, professors, and industrial experts working in the tields of biomaterial science and engineering, nanoscience and nanotechnology, bioengineering, cell biology, biomedical sciences, tissue engineering, and nanomedicine"--Provided by publisher.
- Print MaterialCh. 1. Tissue Engineering: A Historical Perspective / James D. Kretlow and Antonios G. Mikos -- Ch. 2. Current Clinical Needs in Hand Surgery / L. Scott Levin -- Ch. 3. Principles of Tissue Engineering for Reconstruction of the Hand / Ryosuke Kakinoki -- Ch. 4. Primary Cell Lines and Stem Cells / Katie L. Pricola and Hermann Peter Lorenz -- Ch. 5. Scaffolds / Wei Liu and Yilin Cao -- Ch. 6. Animal Models for Engineering Tissues in the Upper Extremity / Xing Zhao and Mark A. Randolph -- Ch. 7. Guidance Strategies in Hand Tissue Engineering: Manipulating the Microenvironment Through Cellular and Material Cues / Harvey Chim and Arun K. Gosain -- Ch. 8. Bioreactors / Laurence A. Galea and Wayne A. Morrison -- Ch. 9. Nerve Engineering / Gregory H. Borschel -- Ch. 10. Tendon Engineering / Johan Thorfinn, Ioannis Angelidis, Brian Pridgen and James Chang -- Ch. 11. Skin / Deepak M. Gupta, Nicholas J. Panetta, Geoffrey C. Gurtner and Michael T. Longaker -- Ch. 12. Bone and Cartilage / Ashley Rothenberg and Jennifer Elisseeff -- Ch. 13. Blood Vessels / Masayuki Yamato and Teruo Okano -- Ch. 14. Bench to Bedside: Navigating Industry, the FDA and Venture Capital / Nicholas J. Panetta, Deepak M. Gupta, Michael T. Longaker and Geoffrey C. Gurtner.
- Print Material
- Tissue engineering in regenerative medicine 2011, Springer
- Tissue engineering using ceramics and polymers 2007, CRCnetBASEpt. 1. General issues -- pt. 2. Tissue and organ generation.
- Tissue engineering. 2nd ed. 2007, Springer ProtocolsIn vitro expansion of tissue cells by conditional proliferation -- Stem cell engineering using transducible Cre recombinase -- Human embryonic stem cells for tissue engineering -- Culture and characterization of human bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells -- Skeletal ("Mesenchymal") stem cells for tissue engineering -- Biomaterials/Scaffolds -- Synthetic hydrogel matrices for guided bladder tissue regeneration -- Generation of multicellular tumor spheroids by the hanging-drop method -- In vitro vascularization of human connective microtissues -- Artificial skin -- Small blood vessel engineering -- Artificial pancreas to treat type 1 Diabetes Mellitus -- Human articular chondrocytes culture -- Cardiomyocytes from human and mouse embryonic stem cells -- Myocardial restoration and tissue engineering of heart structures -- Practical aspects of cardiac tissue engineering with electrical stimulation -- Biological scaffolds for heart valve tissue engineering -- In vitro heart valve tissue engineering.
- Tissue microarrays 2010, Springer ProtocolsApplications of tissue microarray technology -- Quality aspects of TMA analysis -- Representativity of TMA studies -- Recipient block TMA technique -- Protocol for constructing tissue arrays by cutting edge matrix assembly -- Hypodermic needle without recipient paraffin block technique -- Resin technologies : construction and staining of resin TMA's -- Tissue microarrays from frozen tissues-OCT technique -- An alternative technology to prepare tissue microarray using frozen tissue samples -- Building "tissue" microarrays from suspension cells -- Tissue microarrays from biopsy specimens -- Immunohistochemical analysis of tissue microarrays -- DNA copy number analysis on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissues in TMA format by RNA in situ hybridization -- Automated analysis of tissue microarrays -- Digital microscopy for boosting database integration and analysis in TMA studies -- From gene to clinic : TMA-based clinical validation of molecular markers in prostate cancer
- Tissue proteomics 2008, Springer protocolsCapabilities using 2-D DIGE in proteomics research : the new gold standard for 2-D gel electrophoresis / Christine R. Rozanas and Stacey M. Loyland -- Protein carbohydrate analysis : gel-based staining, liquid chromatography, mass spectrometry, and microarray screening / Injae Shin, Alina D. Zamfir, and Bin Ye -- Surface-enhanced laser desorption/ionization mass spectrometry for protein and peptide profiling of body fluids / Audrey Gagnon, Qian Shi, and Bin Ye -- A novel approach using MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry and prestructured sample supports (AnchorChip technology) for proteomic profiling and protein identification / Sau-Mei Leung and Rebecca L. Pitts -- Automated laser capture microdissection for tissue proteomics / Adrianna S. Rodriguez ... [et al.] -- Tissue microarrays : an overview / Rajiv Dhir -- Frozen protein arrays / Stephen M. Hewitt and Robert A. Star -- Reverse phase protein microarrays for theranostics and patient-tailored therapy / Virginia Espina ... [et al.] -- Antibody arrays for determination of relative protein abundances / Grigoriy S. Chaga -- SH2 domain-based tyrosine phosphorylation array / Xin Jiang ... [et al.] -- Immunoregulomics : a serum autoantibody-based platform for transcription factor profiling / Oliver W. Tassinari ... [et al.] -- The "reverse capture" autoantibody microarray : an innovative approach to profiling the autoantibody response to tissue-derived native antigens / Joshua R. Ehrlich ... [et al.] -- Biorepository standards and protocols for collecting, processing, and storing human tissues / Dean Troyer.
- Tissue repair, contraction and the myofibroblast 2006, Springer1. Cytomechanics in connective tissue repair and engineering / Robert A. Brown -- 2. Scleroderma lung fibroblasts : contractility and connective tissue growth factor / Galina S. Bogatkevich ... [et al.] -- 3. Functional assessment of fibroblast heterogeneity by the cell-surface glycoprotein thy-1 / Carolyn J. Baglole ... [et al.] -- 4. Tissue repair in asthma : the origin of airway subepithelial fibroblasts and myofibroblasts / Sabrina Mattoli -- 5. Experimental models to study the origin and role of myofibroblasts in renal fibrosis / Michael Zeisberg, Mary A. Soubasakos and Raghu Kalluri -- 6. Epithelial to mesenchymal transition of mesothelial cells as a mechanism responsible for peritoneal membrane failure in peritoneal dialysis patients / Abelardo Aguilera ... [et al.] -- 7. FIZZy alveolar epithelial cells induce myofibroblast differentiation / Sem H. Phan -- 8. Pro-invasive molecular cross-signaling between cancer cells and myofibroblasts / Olivier De Wever and Marc Mareel -- 9. Proangiogenic implications of hepatic stellate cell transdifferentiation into myofibroblasts induced by tumor microenvironment / Elvira Olaso ... [et al.] -- 10. Matrix metalloproteinases, tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinase and matrix turnover and the fate of hepatic stellate cells / Aqeel M. Jamil and John P. Iredale -- 11. Innate immune regulation of lung injury and repair / Dianhua Jiang ... [et al.] -- 12. An Eye on repair : myofibroblasts in corneal wounds / James V. Jester.
- Tissue surgery 2006, Springer
- Tissue-specific estrogen action 2007, Springer
- TNF pathophysiology 2010, KargerTNF is a multifunctional proinflammatory cytokine central to the development and homeostasis of the immune system and a regulator of cell activation, differentiation and death. Recent decades have seen an enormous scientific and clinical interest in the function of TNF in physiology and disease. A vast amount of data has been accumulated at the biochemical, molecular and cellular level, establishing TNF as a prototype for in-depth understanding of the physiological and pathogenic functions of cytokines. This volume covers several current aspects of TNF regulation and function, including transcriptional and posttranscriptional control mechanisms, cellular modes of action, signaling networks that mediate its effect, involvement in pathogenesis and clinical outcomes of TNF antagonists. It combines basic science at the molecular and cellular level with research in animal models of disease and clinical findings to provide a comprehensive review of recent developments in TNF biology. A thorough understanding of the mechanisms by which this key molecular player is produced and functions to regulate cell biology, immunity and disease postulates novel paradigms on how genes contribute to the development and physiology of biological systems.
- TNF receptor associated factors (TRAFs) 2007, SpringerPhylogeny of the TRAF/math domain / Juan M. Zapata, Vanesa Martínez-García, and Sophie Lefebvre -- TRAF1 and its biological functions / Soo Young Lee and Yongwon Choi -- Physiological roles and mechanisms of signaling by TRAF2 and TRAF5 / Ping-Yee Billie Au and Wen-Chen Yeh -- TRAF3 and its biological function / Jeannie Q. He ... [et al.] -- TRAF4, the unique family member / Valérie Kedinger and Marie-Christine Rio -- Characteristics and biological functions of TRAF6 / Jun-ichiro Inoue, Jin Gohda and Taishin Akiyama -- Ubiquitination and TRAF signaling / Gabriel Pineda, Chee-Kwee Ea and Zhijian J. Chen -- Structural revelations of TRAF2 function in TNF receptor signaling pathway / Jee Y. Chung ... [et al.] -- Protein-protein interactions in TRAF3 / Kathryn R. Ely, Ramadurgam Kodandapani and ShuangDing Wu -- Molecular basis for the unique specificity of TRAF6 / Jee Y. Chung ... [et al.] --TRAF proteins in CD40 signaling / Gail A. Bishop ... [et al.] -- TRAFs in rank signaling / Bryant G. Darnay ... [et al.] -- The LT[beta]R signaling pathway / Paula S. Norris and Carl F. Ware -- LMP1 trafficking activates growth and survival pathways / Vishal Soni, Ellen Cahir-McFarland and Elliott Kieff -- Targeting TRAFs for therapeutic intervention / Juan M. Zapata, Sophie Lefebvre and John C. Reed.
- TNF-alpha inhibitors 2006, Springer
- TNM atlas. 5th ed. / 2004, Springer
- To count our days 2013The gradual increase in longevity in the United States and elsewhere has already brought about a slow-motion revolution in nearly every sector of society, from health care to housing to employment. But if radical life extension moves from the realm of fantasy to reality, that revolution will pick up considerable speed. Extending human life spans beyond those of even the oldest of our ancestors would raise a host of new social, political, economic, environmental, moral and other questions. Religious organizations have traditionally played an important role in helping people think through end-of-life matters and respond to significant social changes. But since life extension has not made the journey from fantasy to fact, there has been little official or even quasi-official guidance in this area from churches and other religious groups.
- To heal and to serve 2013, Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Print MaterialPioneer women doctors campaign for wartime service -- From pioneer women doctors abroad to "joining the home team" -- From contract surgeon to Army medical officer -- Enter the women neuropsychiatrists/psychiatrists -- "Specialization as a mark of expertise": women doctors in internal medicine, pathology, anesthesiology, and orthopedics -- "Narrowing the field": women doctors in radiology, preventive medicine, surgery, and other areas -- More than they expected: nonspecialists and other problems in service -- "I do not regret having had the opportunity to serve my country": a look back at women's experiences as medical officers in the United States Army -- Appendix.
- To repair the world 2013, Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Print Material"Here are highlights from Paul Farmers' speeches to a variety of audiences, from Princeton to Harvard to Notre Dame to Berkeley. Paul is a rock star of the academy who has a large following among many groups: students, doctors, general readers, activists, public health folks, professors. He is the pied piper of everyone who wants to change the world. Not only is he cofounder of Partners In Health,US Deputy Special Envoy to Haiti, head of social medicine at Harvard, but he's also a charming, humorous, engaging public speaker whose charisma is legend. In this book, conceived of as a graduation gift for students write large, Farmer addresses the challenges facing young people with a call for them to change the world and become activists."-- [Provided by publisher]
- Print Material
- Tobacco BY-2 cells 2006, Springer
- T cell activation by CD1 and lipid antigens — Textbook of nephro-endocrinology. 1st ed. (165)
- Textbook of neurointensive care. Second edition. [2nd ed.] — Tobacco BY-2 cells (165)
- Tobacco control legislation. 2nd ed. — Trauma surgery. Volume 1, Trauma management, trauma critical care, orthopaedic trauma and neuro-trauma (165)
- Trauma surgery. Volume 2, Thoracic and abdominal trauma — Tyrosine kinase inhibitors for gastrointestinal stromal tumors (163)
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
Bookmark on other websites
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases