- Sabiston Textbook of surgery. 17th ed...
- — Shaped-beam radiosurgery ...............
- Shared destiny .........................
- — Spine secrets ..........................
- Spine secrets plus. 2nd ed. ............
- — Stroke genomics ........................
- Stroke prevention in clinical practic...
- — Systems thinking for health systems s...
- Spine secrets plus. 2nd ed. 2012, ScienceDirect
- Spine technology handbook 2006, ScienceDirectFulltext MyiLibraryOver the past decade, there has been rapid growth in bioengineering applications in the field of spine implants. This book explains the technical foundation for understanding and expanding the field of spine implants, reviews the major established technologies related to spine implants, and provides reference material for developing and commercializing new spine implants. The editors, who have a track record of collaboration and editing technical books, provide a unified approach to this topic in the most comprehensive and useful book to date. Related website provides the latest information on spine technology including articles and research papers on the latest technology and development. Major technologies reviewed include devices used for fusion (screws, plates, rods, and cages), disc repair and augmentation, total disc replacement, and vertebral body repair and augmentation. Technology landscape, review of published/public domain data currently available, and safety and efficacy of technology discussed in detail.
- Spine trauma 2010, Springer
- Spiritual care and therapy 2003, ebraryAnnotationPeter VanKatwyk explores spiritual care, from pastoral traditions to essential psychotherapies, in individual, couple, and family therapy, offering integrative perspectives. Therapy vignettes from multiple perspectives are included, as well as a wealth of diagrams and maps. His recognition of different helping relationships is an approach that acknowledges diversity and promotes the flexible use of multiple "selves" and their respective styles of care.
- Spiritual care in a hospital setting 2006, ebrarySpiritual care in a hospital setting : a problem -- Aspects of quality assurance in health care -- Worldview in health care -- The spiritual caregivers worldview -- Legitimacy and position of spiritual care in health care -- Goals and tasks of spiritual care -- Determinants of spiritual care -- Synopsis and recommendations.
- Spirituality and health 2005, ebraryTowards a joint paradigm reconciling faith and research /Thomas St. James O'Connor and Elizabeth Meakes --A critical dialogue between theology and psychology /Paul J. Rennick --Assessing plurality in spirituality definitions /Pam McCarroll, Thomas St. James O'Connor, and Elizabeth Meakes --Spirituality and family medicine /Cheryl Levitt --Congregational life after abuse /Carol Penner --Islamic spiritual care in a health care setting /Nazila Isgandarova --Communication in spiritual care among people with dementia /Ellen Bouchard Ryan, Lori Schindel-Martin, and Amanda Beaman --Spirituality and addiction /Lori Edey --Spirituality in occupational therapy /Sue Baptiste --Using a labyrinth in spiritual care /Ingrid Bloos --A wholistic approach to healing : an individual, family, and community model /Calvin Morrisseau --Old religion, new spirituality, and health care /Carlton F. Brown --God-talk in the spiritual care of palliative patients /Colleen Lashmar --Measuring and assessing suffering in arthritic patients /Beverley Clarke ... [et al.] --Psychosomatics and the spiritual entities of the human psyche /Marie-Line Morin --Life-threatening illness : a dangerous opportunity /Beverly Musgrave --The neurobiology of consciousness and spiritual transformation in healing /Stephen M. Sagar.
- "Since the publication of the first edition of Spirituality in Patient Care in 2002, the book has earned a reputation as the authoritative introduction to the subject for health professionals interested in identifying and addressing the spiritual needs of patients. The body of research on religion, spirituality, and health continues to grow at a dramatic rate, creating an urgent need for a new edition of this landmark work. In this, the third edition, Harold G. Koenig, M.D., updates every chapter by incorporating the newest research and introducing sensible ways of translating that research into caring for patients. Like previous editions, this new one addresses the whys, hows, whens, and whats of patient-centered integration of spirituality into patient care so that health professionals, including physicians in primary care and the medical and surgical specialties, can utilize this information in clinical practice. Whole chapters are also included offering profession-specific information for nurses, clergy, mental health professionals, social workers, and occupational and physical therapists. Other chapters address topics like culturally and spiritually sensitive care for each major religious group, potential limitations or barriers to application, and even what may happen when research on spirituality and health is misapplied. Throughout these chapters, readers will find new case histories and clinical examples on how to integrate spirituality into patient care depending on their particular circumstances. A ten-session model course curriculum on spirituality and health care for medical students and residents is also provided, with suggestions on how to adapt it for nursing, social work, physical and occupational therapy, and mental health training programs. For more than ten years Spirituality in Patient Care has offered sound guidance to anyone wishing to do more than simply treat their patients' physical symptoms. Treating the whole patient often requires becoming something more than just a skilled technician. With this new edition, Dr. Koenig once again shows the way for any health professional seeking to bridge this gap and help patients regain their lives by finding hope, meaning, and healing."--Provided by publisher.
- Spirituality, values and mental health 2007, ebraryThe spiritual foundation: awareness and context for people's lives today / Peter Gilbert -- Values-based practice: help and healing within a shared theology of diversity / Bill (K.W.M.) Fulford and Kim Woodbridge -- Spirituality and mental health across cultures / Suman Fernando -- Loss and grief: spiritual aspects / Neil Thompson -- Through a glass darkly: looking for my own reflection / Sarah Carr -- A journey - with faith: complex travels with Islam through the mental health system / Mariyam Maule ... [et al.] -- Connecting past and present: a survivor reflects on spirituality and mental health / Vicky Nicholls -- Who am I?: the search for spirituality in dementia: a family carer's perspective / Barbara Pointon -- A chaplain's own story / Paul Chapple -- Keep up your spirits: run for your life! a view of running as a spiritual experience / Peter Gilbert -- Spiritual assessment: narratives and responses / Wendy Edwards and Peter Gilbert -- Spirituality and psychiatry: crossing the divide / Andrew Powell -- Spiritual competence: mental health and palliative care / Cameron Langlands, David Mitchell and Tom Gordon.Working with Qi (Chi) to help with mental health problems / Nigel Mills -- Spiritual practice day by day - conversations with those who know / Mary Ellen Coyte -- How different religious organizations can work constructively together / Azim Kidwai and Ali Jan Haider -- Organizational health: engaging the heart of the organization / Sarajane Aris and Peter Gilbert -- A plea for broad understanding: why mental health practitioners need to understand spiritual matters / Christopher MacKenna -- Promoting spiritual well-being in the workplace - training and support for staff / Frances Basset and Thurstine Basset -- Awakening the heart and soul: reflections from therapy / Brian Thorne -- Mental health care: the ultimate context for spiritual and pastoral formation / Julia Head and Mark Sutherland -- Researching spirituality and mental health - a perspective from the research / John Swinton -- Researching the soul: the Somerset Spirituality Project / John Foskett and Anne Roberts -- Concluding thoughts / Mary Ellen Coyte, Peter Gilbert and Vicky Nicholls.
- Spirulina in human nutrition and health 2008, CRCnetBASE
- Spitting blood 2012, Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Tuberculosis is a complex and ancient disease that, after many years of virtual disappearance in the developed world, is now making something of a comeback. Helen Bynum tracks the historical development of the disease and considers the challenges it presents to the modern world.
- ch. 1. History and development of forensic medicine and pathology / Daniel J. Spitz -- ch. 2. Crime scene -- pt. 1. Bloodstain pattern interpretation / Herbert Leon MacDonell -- pt. 2. Biological evidence on the human body / Heather Miller Coyle, Carrl Ladd, Henry C. Lee -- pt. 3. Trace evidence / Richard E. Bisbing -- ch. 3. Time of death and changes after death -- pt. 1. Anatomical considerations / Joshua A. Perper -- pt. 2. Chemical considerations / William Q. Sturner -- pt. 3. Forensic entomology / Neil H. Haskell -- pt. 4. Exhumation / Michael Mm. Baden -- ch. 4. Identification of human remains -- pt. 1. Diverse techniques / Daniel J. Spitz -- pt. 2. DNA / Lynne M. Helton -- ch. 5. Anthropology / William M. Bass -- ch. 6. Forensic odontology -- pt. 1. Bite mark identification / Richard R. Souviron -- pt. 2. Advanced techniques in dental identification and bite marks / David Sweet -- pt. 3. Advanced photographic techniques / Gregory S. Golden -- pt. 4. The use of digital analysis in bite mark identification / C. Michael Bowers, Raymond J. Johansen -- ch. 7. Sudden and unexpected death from natural causes in adults / Barbara A. Sampson, Vernard I. Adams, Charles S. Hirsch -- ch. 8. Investigation of deaths in childhood -- pt. 1. Feticide and neonaticide / Werner U. Spitz, Daniel J. Spitz -- pt. 2. The abused child and adolescent / Marvin S. Platt, Daniel J. Spitz, Werner U. Spitz -- pt. 3. The differential diagnosis of child abuse / Marvin S. Platt, Lisa Kohler -- ch. 9. Trauma and disease / Vernard I. Adams, Mark A. Flomenbaum, Charles S. Hirsch -- ch. 10. Blunt force injury / Werner U. Spitz -- ch. 11. Sharp force injury / Werner U. Spitz -- ch. 12. Injury by gunfire -- pt. 1. Gunshot wounds / Werner U. Spitz -- pt. 2. Shotgun wounds / Werner U. Spitz -- ch. 13. Thermal injuries / Werner U. Spitz -- ch. 14. Asphyxia / Werner U. Spitz -- ch. 15. Investigation of bodies in water / Daniel J. Spitz -- ch. 16. Electrical and lightning injuries / Edmund R. Donoghue, Barry D. Lifschultz -- ch. 17. Road traffic victim / Werner U. Spitz -- ch. 18. Medicolegal investigation of mass disasters / Glenn N. Wagner, Richard C. Froede -- ch. 19. Trauma of the nervous system -- pt. 1. Forensic neuropathology / Vernon Armbrustmacher, Charles S. Hirsch -- pt. 2. Boxing injuries / Friedrich Unterharnscheidt, James M. Henry -- ch. 20. Microscopic forensic pathology / Joshua A. Perper -- ch. 21. Forensic aspects of radiology / B.G. Brogdon -- ch. 22. Investigation of deaths from drug abuse / Boyd G. Stephens -- ch. 23. Forensic aspects of alcohol / Werner U. Spitz -- ch. 24. The medicolegal autopsy report / Werner U. Spitz -- ch. 25. Selected procedures at autopsy / Werner U. Spitz.
- The macronutrients -- The micronutrients and water -- Digestion and absorption of the food nutrients -- Nutrient role in bioenergetics -- Macronutrient metabolism in exercise and training -- Measurement of energy in food and during physical activity -- Nutritional recommendations for the physically active person -- Nutritional considerations for intense training and sports competition -- Making wise choices in the nutrition marketplace -- Exercise thermoregulation, fluid balance, and rehydration -- Pharmacologic and chemical ergogenic aids evaluated -- Nutritional ergogenic aids evaluated -- Body composition assessment and sport-specific observations -- Energy balance, exercise, and weight control -- Disordered eating.
- Sports cardiology 2012, Springer
- Sports cardiology casebook 2009, Springer
- Sports cardiology essentials 2011, SpringerSudden cardiac death in athletes: scope of the problem and emergency response -- Cardiovascular screening of athletes: focused exam, electrocardiograms, and limited echocardiograms -- Echocardiography and advanced cardiac imaging in athletes -- Exercise training and prescription -- Role of genetic testing for sudden death predisposing heart conditions in athletes -- Shortness of breath -- Chest pain in the athlete: differential diagnosis, evaluation, and treatment -- The collapsed athlete -- Syncope/presyncope in the competitive athlete -- Electrophysiological approach to syncope and near-syncope in the athlete -- Heart murmurs -- Management of hypertension in athletes -- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy -- Commotio cordis: practical aspects in sports -- Coronary artery anomalies and sports activities -- Participation in sports for the athlete with the Marfan syndrome -- Congenital heart disease: exercise and sports participation -- Athlete with a device: implantable cardioverter defibrillators and pacemakers -- Long QT syndrome and other channelopathies -- Cardiac effects of ergogenic aides and supplements -- Return-to-play decisions in athletes with cardiac conditions: guidelines and considerations.
- Sports dermatology 2006, Springer
- Sports drinks 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Sports injuries 2012, Springer
- Sports injuries in children and adolescents 2011, Springer
- Sports injuries. 2nd ed. 2001, Ovid
- Preparticipation physical evaluation / John L. Turner -- Sport psychology : psychological concepts and interventions / Chris Carr -- Tissue injury and healing / Sara Christensen Holz and Matthew Smuck -- The sports medicine approach to musculoskeletal medicine / Anthony Margherita -- Stretching and injury prevention / Vicki L. Voils and Nathan D. Prahlow -- Performance-enhancing sports supplements / Jeff Fields and John L. Turner -- Baseball injuries / Lance A. Rettig and Mark Ritter -- Racket sports injuries / Neeru Jayanthi and Jay V. Subbarao -- Golf injuries / Andrea L. Aagesen and Shashank J. Dave -- Swimming and diving injuries / Kevin M. Marberry and Dawn Schisler -- Road cycling injuries / Julia J. Walker and Shashank J. Dave -- Mountain biking injuries / Matthew Smuck -- Football injuries / Gerard A. Malanga, Jason Peter, and Dennis A. Bandemer, Jr. -- Soccer injuries / Elizabeth A. Grossart and Johnny G. Owens -- Running injuries / Michael Khazzam and Kevin M. Marberry -- Skiing and snowboarding injuries / Peter W. Bailey, Andrea J. Boon, and Eric J. Watson -- Gymnastics injuries / Grant Lloyd Jones, Todd C. Miller, and Donald C. LeMay -- Basketball injuries / Meenakshi Garg, Peter I. Sallay, and Patti Hunker -- Volleyball injuries / Nathan D. Prahlow -- Weight-training injuries / Jess D. Salinas, Jr. -- Women's musculoskeletal issues / Gary P. Chimes -- Musculoskeletal issues in the elderly / Nabiha N. Gill -- Health benefits of exercise / Angela T. Carbone and Albert Gunjan Singh.
- Sports nutrition 2011, KargerCarbohydrate ingestion during exercise : effects on performance, training adaptations, and trainability of the gut / Jeukendrup, A.E.; McLaughlin, J. -- Altering endogenous carbohydrate availability to support training adaptations / Philp, A., Baar, K., Burke, L.M. -- Metabolic regulation of fat use during exercise and in recovery -- Spriet, L.L. -- Fat adaptation science : low-carbohydrate, high-fat diets to alter fuel utilization, and promote training adaptation / Hawley, J.A. -- Dietary protein to support muscle hypertrophy / van Loon, L.J.C., Gibala, M.J. -- Effect of protein, dairy components, and energy balance in optimizing body composition / Phillips, S.M., Zemel, M.B. -- Effect of cell hydration on metabolism / Lang, F. -- Practical nutritional recommendations for the athlete -- Maughan, R.J., Burke, L.M.
- Sports nutrition. Energy metabolism and exercise 2008, CRCnetBASEIntroduction to sports nutrition: energy metabolism / Barry Braun and Benjamin F. Miller -- Utilization of carbohydrates in energy production / J. Andrew Doyle, Charilaos Papadopoulos, and Michael S. Green -- Utilization of fats in energy production / Serge P. von Duvillard ... [et al.] -- Utilization of proteins in energy metabolism / Mauro G. Di Pasquale -- Laboratory methods for determining energy expenditures of athletes / Robert G. McMurray and Kristin S. Ondrak -- Field assessment of physical activity and energy expenditure among athletes / Kelley K. Pettee, Catrine Tudor-Locke, and Barbara E. Ainsworth -- Influence of dietary fiber on body weight regulation / Daniel D. Gallaher -- Nutritional implications of sex and age differences in energy metabolism / A.C. Maher and Mark A. Tarnopolsky -- Body weight regulation and energy needs / Melina M. Manore and Janice L. Thompson.
- Sports nutrition. Fats and proteins 2007, CRCnetBASEIntroduction to sports nutrition: fats and proteins / John J.B. Anderson -- Total fats, saturated fats, and cholesterol / Heather E. Rasmussen and Ji-Young Lee -- Medium-chain triglycerides / Wayne E. Billon -- Omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids / Karina R. Lora and Nancy M. Lewis -- Conjugated linoleic acid / Celeste G. Koster and Martha A. Belury -- Octacosanol and wheat germ oil / Susan H. Mitmesser -- Protein: quantity and quality / Mark A. Tarnopolsky and Brian W. Timmons -- Whey, casein, and soy proteins / Brian S. Synder and Mark D. Haub -- Creatine / Richard B. Kreider -- Glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate / Catherine G.R. Jackson -- Carnitine / Sara Chelland Campbell and Robert J. Moffatt -- [Beta]-Hydroxy-[Beta]-Methylbutyrate / Steven L. Nissen -- Branched-chain amino acids / Michael Gleeson -- Glutamine / Satya S. Jonnalagadda -- Other individual amino acids / Neal F. Spruce and C. Alan Titchenal -- Recommended proportions of carbohydrates to fats to proteins in diets / Henry C. Lukaski.Introduction to sports nutrition: fats and proteins / John J.B. Anderson -- Total fats, saturated fats, and cholesterol / Heather E. Rasmussen and Ji-Young Lee -- Medium-chain triglycerides / Wayne E. Billon -- Omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids / Karina R. Lora and Nancy M. Lewis -- Conjugated linoleic acid / Celeste G. Koster and Martha A. Belury -- Wheat germ oil and octacosanol / Susan H. Mitmesser -- Protein, quantity and quality / Mark A. Tarnopolsky and Brian W. Timmons -- Whey, casein, and soy proteins / Brian S. Synder and Mark D. Haub -- Creatine / Richard B. Kreider -- Glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate / Catherine G.R. Jackson -- Carnitine / Sara A. Chelland-Campbell and Robert J. Moffatt -- Beta-Hydroxy-Beta-Methylbutyrate / Steven L. Nissen -- Branched-chain amino acids / Michael Gleeson -- Glutamine / Satya S. Jonnalagadda -- Other individual amino acids / Neal F. Spruce and Alan Titchenal -- Recommended proportions of carbohydrates to fats to proteins in diets / Henry C. Lukaski.
- Sports nutrition. Vitamins and trace elements. 2nd ed. 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Springer handbook of auditory research v. 21, 24-, 2005-, Springer
- Springer handbook of enzymes. 2nd ed. 22-, 2005-v. 1. Class 5: Isomerases -- v. 2. Class 6: Ligases -- v. 3. Class 4: Lyases I -- v. 4. Class 4: Lyases II -- v. 5. Class 4: Layases III -- v. 6. Class 3.4: Hydrolases I -- v. 7. Class 3.4: Hydrolases II -- v. 8. Class 3.4: Hydrolases III -- Index A: Synonym -- v. 9. Class 3.1: Hydrolases IV -- v. 10. Class 3.1: Hydrolases V -- v. 11. Class 3.1: Hydroclass VI -- v. 12. Class 3.2: Hydrolases VII -- v. 13. Class 3.2: Hydrolases VIII -- v. 14. Class 3.2-3.5: Hydrolases IX -- v. 15. Class 3.5-3.12: Hydrolases X -- v. 16. Class 1: Oxidoreductases I -- v. 17. Class 1: Oxidoreductases II -- v. 18. Class 1: Oxidoreductases III -- v. 19. Class 1: Oxidoreductases IV -- v. 20. Class 1: Oxidoreductases V. Class 1: Oxidoreductases VI -- v. 22. Class 1: Oxidoreductases VII -- v. 23. Class 1: Oxidoreductases VIII. -- v. 24. Class 1: Oxidoreductases IX -- v. 25. Class 1: Oxidoreductases X -- v. 26. Class 1: Oxidoreductases XI -- v. 27. Class 1: Oxidoreductases XII -- v. 28. Class 2: Transferases I -- v. 29. Class 2: Transferases II -- v. 30. Class 2: Transferases III -- v. 31. Class 2: Transferases IV -- v. 32. Class 2: Transferases V -- v. 33. Class 2: Transferases VI EC 188.8.131.52-184.108.40.206 -- v. 34. Class 2: Transferases VI EC 220.127.116.11-18.104.22.168 -- v. 35. Class 2: Transferases VIII -- v. 36. Class 2: Transferases IX -- v. 37. Class 2: Transferases X -- v. 38. Class 2: Transferases XI -- v. 39. Class 2: Transferases XII -- v. S1. Class 1: Oxidoreductases EC 1 -- v. S2. Class 2: Transferases EC 2.1-2.7.10 -- v. S3. Class 2: Transferases EC 22.214.171.124-126.96.36.199 -- v. S4. Class 2: Transferases EC 188.8.131.52-2.8 -- v. S5. Class 3: Hydrolases EC 3.1-3.4.21 -- v. S6. Class 3: Hydrolases EC3.4.22-3.13 -- v. S7. Class 4-6: Lyases, Isomerases, Ligases EC 4-6.
- Springer handbook of nanotechnology 2004, Springer
- Springer index of viruses 2011, Springer
- Springer series in computational neuroscience v. 1-, 2009-, Springer
- SPSS 13.0 brief guide SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Provides a tutorial on using the SPSS 13.0 data analysis system.
- SPSS base 13.0 user's guide SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.
- SPSS for dummies 2007, books24x7, SUNet ID login required. Use Search. Direct Link not yet available
- SPSS for starters 2010, SpringerIntroduction -- One-Sample Continuous and Binary Data (t-Test, z-Test) (10 and 55 Patients) -- Paired Continuous Data (Paired-t, Wilcoxon) (10 Patients) -- Unpaired Continuous Data (Unpaired t-Tests, Mann-Whitney) (20 Patients) -- Linear Regression (20 Patients) -- Repeated Measures ANOVA, Friedman (10 Patients) -- Mixed Models (20 Patients) -- One-Way-ANOVA, Kruskall-Wallis (30 Patients) -- Trend Test for Continuous Data (30 Patients) -- Unpaired Binary Data (Chi-Square, Crosstabs) (55 Patients) -- Logistic Regression (55 Patients) -- Trend Tests for Binary Data (106 Patients) -- Paired Binary (McNemar Test) (139 General Practitioners) -- Multiple Paired Binary Data (Cochran's Q Test) (139 Patients) -- Cox Regression (60 Patients) -- Cox Regression with Time-dependent Variables (60 Patients) -- Validating Qualitative Diagnostic Tests (575 Patients) -- Validating Quantitative Diagnostic Tests (17 Patients) -- Reliability Assessment of Qualitative Diagnostic Tests (17 Patients) -- Reliability Assessment of Quantitative Diagnostic Tests (17 Patients) -- Final Remarks.
- SQL cookbook 2006, ProQuest SafariRetrieving records --Sorting query results --Working with multiple tables --Inserting, updating, deleting --Metadata queries --Working with strings --Working with numbers --Date arithmetic --Date manipulation --Working with ranges --Advanced searching --Reporting and warehousing --Hierarchical queries --Odds 'n' ends.
- SQL for dummies. 6th ed. 2006, SUNet ID login required to search for this title
- SQL functions programmer's reference 2005, books24x7, SUNet ID login required. Use Search. Direct Link not yet available
- SQL hacks. 1st ed. SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.SQL fundamentals -- Joins, unions, and views -- Text handling -- Date handling -- Number crunching -- Online applications -- Organizing data -- Storing small amounts of data -- Locking and performance -- Reporting -- Users and administration -- Wider access.
- SQL in a nutshell. 3rd ed. SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.
- Squamous cell head and neck cancer 2005, Springer
- Stable isotope ecology 2006, Springer
- Staff development and training are essential to ensure that libraries meet new challenges and fulfill their missions, especially in a constantly changing world where technological innovations directly impact information access. This new edition offers unique, state-of-the-art perspectives on important topics in staff training.
- Structure and function of neurons -- Synaptic neurotransmission and the anatomically addressed nervous system -- Signal transduction and the chemically addressed nervous system -- Transporters and G protein-linked receptors as targets of psychopharmacological drug action -- Ion channels and enzymes as targets of psychopharmacological drug action -- Psychiatric genetics -- Circuits in psychopharmacology -- From circuits to symptoms in psychopharmacology -- Psychosis and schizophrenia -- Antipsychotic agents -- Mood disorders -- Antidepressants -- Mood stabilizers -- Anxiety disorders and anxiolytics -- Pain and the treatment of fibromyalgia and functional somatic syndromes -- Disorders of sleep and wakefulness and their treatment -- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and its treatment -- Disorders of reward, drug abuse, and their treatment.
- Stalking crimes and victim protection 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Standard edition of the complete psychological works of Sigmund Freud v.1-24, 1953-74, PEP Archivev. 1. Pre-analytic publications and unpublished drafts -- v. 2. Studies on hysteria -- v. 3. Early analytic publications -- v. 4. The interpretation of dreams (1) -- v. 5. The interpretation of dreams (II) -- v. 6. The psychopathology of everyday life -- v. 7. A case of hysteria, Three essays on sexuality, and other works -- v. 8. Jokes and their relation to the unconscious -- v. 9. Jensen's G̀radiva' and other works -- v. 10. The cases of L̀ittle Hans' and the R̀at Man' -- v. 11. Five lectures on psycho-analysis, Leonardo and other works -- v. 12. Case history of Schreber, Papers on technique, and other works -- v. 13. Totem and taboo and other works -- v. 14. A history of the psycho-analytic movement, Papers on metapsychology, and other works -- v.15. Introductory lectures on psycho-analysis (1) -- v. 16. Introductory lectures on psycho-analysis (II) -- v. 17. An infantile neurosis and other works -- v. 18. Beyond the pleasure principles, Group psychology, and other works -- v. 19. The ego and the Id and other works -- v. 20. An autobiographical study, Inhibitions, symptoms and anxiety, Lay analysis, and other works -- v. 21. The future of an illusion, Civlilization and its discontents, and other works -- v. 22. New introductory lectures and other works -- v. 23. Moses and monotheism, An outline of psycho-analysis and other works -- v. 24. Indexes, Bibliography, etc.
- Consists of a photographic record and landscape architectural layout of 22 benches containing a collection of personal stories about medical education, treatment, and research at Stanford. These thematically arranged granite benches/planters tied to chronological highlights of the history of medicine in paving stones constitute the Discovery Walk. The story includes conversations with over 200 research and clinical faculty, as well as students, staff, and alumni from the Stanford Community. The project was commissioned by Dean Philip Pizzo in 2008 for the centennial of the medical school and was dedicated in the spring of 2012. The Project also includes the Foundation Walk, a chronology of the school since its founding in 1858, and the Landscape Plan which creates an entrance to the School of Medicine and connection to the broader campus.
- Message from the Chairman -- Cerebrovascular neurosurgery and stroke -- Stroke research --Neural Stem Cell Program -- Saving neurons from stress (exogenous migratory therapy) -- Pediatric Neurosurgery -- Stanford Center for Children's Brain Tumors -- Functional neurosurgery (movement disorders, epilepsy and pain) -- Stanford Brain Tumor Center -- CyberKnife radiosurgery -- Brain tumor research (testing a vaccine against glioblastomas) -- Stanford Pituitary Center and Skull Base Tumor Program -- NeuroSpine Program -- Partnership for spinal cord injury and repair -- NeuroSpine research -- NeuroTrauma -- Community outreach programs -- Neurosurgery nurses -- Neurosurgery education and training -- Donors to Stanford Neurosurgery -- Recent Stanford Neurosurgery publications.
- "This book had its genesis in the need created by my involvement with undergraduate teaching starting in the Fall of 1970 when I was a resident fellow and taught a course on sleep for the students in my dormitory. The course began to attract other students and because of this I decided to offer a formal presentation in Winter Quarter 1971 and I have offered a course on sleep annually up until Winter Quarter 2003. Sleep and Dreams was not offered in 2004 or 2005 but due to high student demand, we resurrected the course for the Winter Quarter 2006. Around 1980, the various handouts developed into a quasi-textbook and by the middle of the 90s, the first Stanford Sleep Book was born. The current volume is the 5th edition"--Acknowledgements.
- Stanford University MSDS management system Stanf Univ
- Starch in food 2004, CRCnetBASE
- "All known local tobacco control ordinances in the US that have one or more of the following provisions--clean indoor air, youth access, or restrictions on tobacco advertising and promotion."
- Vol. 1. Findings -- v. 2. Individual state tables and technical appendices.
- State estimates of substance use from the 2002 National Survey on Drug Use and Health 2004, Google Books
- State health insurance market reform 2004, CRCnetBASE
- State health ranking Oxford
- To serve as a tool to help community planning groups (CPGs), health departments, and other stakeholders understand the issues behind Latino participation in HIV prevention community planning, as well as to increase Latino participation in the process.
- State of the art analytical methods for the characterization of biological products and assessment of comparability Lane Catalog recordState of the art analytical comparability: a review / A.J. Chirino, A.R. Mire-Sluis -- Validation of peptide mapping with electrospray mass spectrometry for recombinant proteins of biopharmaceutical interest and its applications as an identity test and a characterization tool / Z. Wei ... [et al.] -- Analysis of protein therapeutics by capillary electrophoresis: applications and challenges / S. Ma -- Mass spectrometry and HPLC for carbohydrate analysis / J. Siemiatkoski, Y. Lyubarskaya -- Using nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy to characterize biologicals / D.I. Freedberg -- Infrared and raman spectroscopy characterization of biological products / V. Reipa -- Characterization of an immune response / S.J. Swanson -- Evaluation of standard and state of the art analytical technology - bioassays / S.R. Indelicato ... [et al.] -- Heterogeneity of recombinant antibodies: linking structure to function / R.J. Harris --Quality control system to support comparability assessment for the renal bio-replacement therapy system / Z. Pitkin -- Characterization of gene therapy products and the impact of manufacturing changes on product comparability / S.L. Simek -- Characterization of allergen extracts / J.E. Slater -- Detection, measurement and characterization of unwanted antibodies induced by therapeutic biologicals / M. Wadhwa ... [et al.] -- De-immunization of therapeutic proteins by T-cell epitope modification / A.S. de Groot, P.M. Knopf, W. Martin -- Strategies for the preclinical and clinical characterization of immunogenicity / E. Koren ... [et al.]
- State of the art for minimally invasive spine surgery 2005, Springer
- State of the art in cardiac resynchronization therapy 2004, HighWire
- Static fields 2006
- Statistical analysis and modelling of spatial point patterns SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.
- Statistical analysis for decision makers in healthcare. 2nd ed. 2009, CRCnetBASEScientific method : the language of statistical studies -- Experimentation : the foundation of scientific studies -- Numbers good and bad : how to judge the quality of data -- Samples and surveys : how numbers should be collected -- Descriptive statistics : the foundation of comparisons -- Inferential statistics : studies of differences -- Relational statistics : studies of relationships -- Explanatory statistics : studies of causality.
- Statistical analysis of clinical data on a pocket calculator 2011, Springer
- Statistical analysis of environmental space-time processes 2006, Springer
- Statistical analysis of gene expression microarray data 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Statistical analysis with Excel for dummies 2005, books24x7, SUNet ID login required. Use Search. Direct Link not yet available
- Statistical and computational methods in brain image analysis 2014, CRCnetBASE"The massive amount of nonstandard high-dimensional brain imaging data being generated is often difficult to analyze using current techniques. This challenge in brain image analysis requires new computational approaches and solutions. But none of the research papers or books in the field describe the quantitative techniques with detailed illustrations of actual imaging data and computer codes. Using MATLABʼ and case study data sets, Statistical and Computational Methods in Brain Image Analysis is the first book to explicitly explain how to perform statistical analysis on brain imaging data. The book focuses on methodological issues in analyzing structural brain imaging modalities such as MRI and DTI. Real imaging applications and examples elucidate the concepts and methods. In addition, most of the brain imaging data sets and MATLAB codes are available on the author's website. By supplying the data and codes, this book enables researchers to start their statistical analyses immediately. Also suitable for graduate students, it provides an understanding of the various statistical and computational methodologies used in the field as well as important and technically challenging topics."--Provided by publisher.
- Statistical and computational pharmacogenomics 2009, CRCnetBASEDesigns and strategies for genomic mapping and haplotyping -- Genetic haplotyping in natural populations -- Genetic haplotyping in experimental crosses -- A general genetic model for genetic haplotyping -- Basic principle of functional mapping -- Functional mapping of pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics -- Haplotyping drug response with a pharmacokinetics-pharmacodynamics link model -- Functional mapping of biological clocks -- Genetic mapping of allometric scaling -- Functional mapping of drug response with allometric scaling -- Joint functional mapping of drug efficacy and toxicity -- Modeling epistatic interactions in drug response -- Mapping genotype-environment interactions in drug response -- Nonparametric functional mapping of drug response -- Semiparametric functional mapping of drug response.
- Statistical and machine-learning data mining. 2nd ed. 2012, CRCnetBASE
- Molecular genetics -- Formal genetics -- Genetic markers -- Data quality -- Genetic map distances -- Family studies -- Twin and adoption studies -- Model-based linkage analysis -- Model-free linkage analysis -- Quantitative traits -- Fundamental concepts of association analyses -- Association analysis in unrelated individuals -- Family-based association analysis -- Haplotypes in association analyses -- Genome-wide Association (GWA) studies.
- An introduction to clinical trials -- Treatment allocation, the size of trials and reporting results -- Monitoring trial progress: outcome measures, compliance, dropouts and interim analyses -- Basic analyses of clinical trials, the generalized linear model and the economic evaluation of trials -- Simple approaches to the analysis of longitudinal data from clinical trials -- Multivariate normal regression models for longitudinal data from clinical trials -- Models for non-normal longitudinal data from clinical trials -- Survival analysis -- Bayesian methods longitudinal data -- Meta-analysis.
- Statistical computing with R SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.
- Statistical data mining and knowledge discovery 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Statistical data mining using SAS applications. 2nd ed. 2010, CRCnetBASE
- Statistical demography and forecasting 2005, Springer
- Statistical design and analysis of stability studies 2007, CRCnetBASEIntroduction -- Accelerated testing -- Expiration dating period -- Stability designs -- Stability analysis with fixed batches -- Stability analysis with random batches -- Stability analysis with a mixed effects model -- Stability analysis with discrete responses -- Stability analysis with multiple components -- Stability analysis with frozen drug products -- Stability testing for dissolution -- Current issues and recent development.
- Statistical evaluation of diagnostic performance 2012, CRCnetBASE
- Statistical evidence in medical trials 2006, MyiLibraryApples or oranges? -- selection of the control group -- Who was left out? exclusions, refusals, and drop-outs -- Mountain or molehill? the clinical importance of the results -- What do the other witnesses say? corroborating vidence -- Do the pieces fit together? systematic overviews and meta-analysis -- What do all these numbers mean? -- Where is the evidence? searching for information.
- Statistical inference and simulation for spatial point processes 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Statistical inference based on divergence measures 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Statistical learning and data science 2012, CRCnetBASE"Data analysis is changing fast. Driven by a vast range of application domains and affordable tools, machine learning has become mainstream. Unsupervised data analysis, including cluster analysis, factor analysis, and low dimensionality mapping methods continually being updated, have reached new heights of achievement in the incredibly rich data world that we inhabit.Statistical Learning and Data Science is a work of reference in the rapidly evolving context of converging methodologies. It gathers contributions from some of the foundational thinkers in the different fields of data analysis to the major theoretical results in the domain. On the methodological front, the volume includes conformal prediction and frameworks for assessing confidence in outputs, together with attendant risk. It illustrates a wide range of applications, including semantics, credit risk, energy production, genomics, and ecology. The book also addresses issues of origin and evolutions in the unsupervised data analysis arena, and presents some approaches for time series, symbolic data, and functional data. Over the history of multidimensional data analysis, more and more complex data have become available for processing. Supervised machine learning, semi-supervised analysis approaches, and unsupervised data analysis, provide great capability for addressing the digital data deluge. Exploring the foundations and recent breakthroughs in the field, Statistical Learning and Data Science demonstrates how data analysis can improve personal and collective health and the well-being of our social, business, and physical environments. "--Provided by publisher.
- Statistical meta-analysis with applications SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.
- Statistical methods for biostatistics and related fields SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Discriminant analysis based on continuous and discrete variables -- Longitudinal data analysis with linear regression -- A kernal method used for the analysis of replicated micro-array experiments -- Kernel estimates of hazard functions for biomedical data sets -- Partially linear models -- Analysis of contingency tables -- Identifying coexpressed genes -- Bootstrap methods for testing interactions in GAMs -- Survival trees -- A semiparametric reference curves estimation -- Survival analysis -- Ozone pollution forecasting -- Nonparametric functional chemometric analysis -- Variable selection in principal component analysis -- Spatial statistics -- Functional data analysis -- Analysis of failure time with microearthquakes applications -- Landcover prediction -- The application of fuzzy clustering to satellite images data.
- Statistical methods for human rights 2008, SpringerIntroduction /Jana Asher --The statistics of genocide /Mary W. Gray and Sharon Marek --Why estimate direct and indirect casualties from war? The rule of proportionality and casualty estimates /Beth O. Daponte --Statistical thinking and data analysis : enhancing human rights work /Jorge L. Romeu --Hidden in plain sight : X.X. burials and the desaparecidos in the Department of Guatemala, 1977-1986 /Clyde Collins Snow, Fredy Armando Peccerelli, José Samuel Susanávar, Alan G. Robinson, and Jose Maria Najera Ochoa --The demography of conflict-related mortality in Timor-Leste (1974-1999) : reflections on empirical quantitative measurement of civilian killings, disappearances, and famine-related deaths /Romesh Silva and Patrick Ball --Afghan refugee camp surveys in Pakistan, 2002 /James Bell, David Nolle, Ruth Citrin and Fritz Scheuren --Metagora : an experiment in the measurement of democratic governance /Jan Robert Suesser and R. Suarez de Miguel --Human rights of statisticians and statistics of human rights : early history of the American Statistical Association's Committee on Scientific Freedom and Human Rights /Thomas B. Jabine and Douglas A. Samuelson --Obtaining evidence for the International Criminal Court using data and quantitative analysis /Herbert F. Spirer and William Seltzer --New issues in human rights statistics /David L. Banks and Yasmin H. Said --Statistics and the Millennium Development Goals /David J. Fitch, Paul Wassenich, Paul Fields, Fritz Scheuren, and Jana Asher --Using population data systems to target vulnerable population subgroups and individuals : issues and incidents /William Seltzer and Margo Anderson.
- Statistical methods for spatio-temporal systems 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Univariate Data --Bi- and Multivariate Data --Related Topics --Complex Examples --Appendices.
- Statistical methods in molecular biology 2010, Springer ProtocolsPart I. Basic statistics -- 1. Experimental statistics for biological sciences / Heejung Bang and Marie Davidian -- 2. Nonparametric methods for molecular biology / Knut M. Wittkowski and Tingting Song -- 3. Basics of Bayesian methods / Sujit K. Ghosh -- 4. The Bayesian t-test and beyond / Mithat Gönen -- -- Part II. Designs and methods for molecular biology -- 5. Sample size and power calculation for molecular biology studies / Sin-Ho Jung -- 6. Designs for linkage analysis and association studies of complex diseases / Yuehua Cui ... [et al.] -- 7. Introduction to epigenomics and epigenome-wide analysis / Melissa J. Fazzari and John M. Greally -- 8. Exploration, visualization, and preprocessing of high-dimensional data / Zhijin Wu and Zhiqiang Wu -- -- Part III . Statistical methods for microarray data -- 9. Introduction to the statistical analysis of two-color microarray data / Martina Bremer, Edward Himelblau, and Andreas Madlung -- 10. Building networks with microarray data / Bradley M. Broom ... [et al.] -- Part IV. Advanced or specialized methods for molecular biology -- 11. Support vector machines for classification: a statistical portrait / Yoonkyung Lee -- 12. An overview of clustering applied to molecular biology / Rebecca Nugent and Marina Meila -- 13. Hidden Markov model and its applications in motif findings / Jing Wu and Jun Xie -- 14. Dimension reduction for high-dimensional data / Lexin Li -- 15. Introduction to the development and validation of predictive biomarker models from high-throughput data sets / Xutao Deng and Fabien Campagne -- 16. Multi-gene expression-based statistical approaches to predicting -- patients' clinical outcomes and responses / Feng Cheng, Sang-Hoon Cho, and Jae K. Lee -- 17. Two-stage testing strategies for genome-wide association studies in family-based designs / Amy Murphy, Scott T. Weiss, and Christoph Lange -- 18. Statistical methods for proteomics / Klaus Jung -- -- Part V. Meta-analysis for high-dimensional data -- 19. Statistical methods for integrating multiple types of high-throughput data / Yang Xie and Chul Ahn -- 20. A Bayesian hierarchical model for high-dimensional meta-analysis / Fei Liu -- 21. Methods for combining multiple genome-wide linkage studies / Trecia A. Kippola and Stephanie A. Santorico -- -- Part VI. Other practical information -- 22. Improved reporting of statistical design and analysis: guidelines, education, and editorial policies / Madhu Mazumdar, Samprit Banerjee, and Heather L. Van Epps -- 23. Stata companion / Jennifer Sousa Brennan.
- Statistical methods in molecular evolution 2005, SpringerMarkov models in molecular evolution / Nicolas Galtier, Olivier Gascuel, and Alain Jean-Marie -- Introduction to applications of the likelihood function in molecular evolution / Jutta Buschbom and Arndt von Haeseler -- Introduction to Markov chain Monte Carlo methods in molecular evolution / Bret Larget -- Population genetics of molecular evolution / Carlos D. Bustamante -- Maximum likelilhood methods for detecting adaptive protein evolution / Joseph P. Bielawski and Ziheng Yang -- HyPhy: hypothesis testing using phylogenies / Sergei L. Kosakovsky Pond and Spencer V. Muse -- Bayesian analysis of molecular evolution using MrBayes / John P. Huelsenbeck and Fredrik Ronquist -- Estimation of divergence times from molecular sequence data / Jeffrey L. Thorne and Hirohisa Kishino -- Markov models of protein sequence evolution / Matthew W. Dimmic -- Models of microsatellite evolution / Peter Calabrese and Raazesh Sainudiin -- Genome rearrangement / Rick Durrett -- Phylogenetic hidden Markov models / Adam Siepel and David Haussler -- The evolutionary causes and consequences of base composition variation / Gilean A.T. McVean -- Statistical alignment: recent progress, new applications, and challenges / Gerton Lunter ... [et al.] -- Estimating substitution matrices / Von Bing Yap and Terry Speed -- Posterior mapping and posterior predictive distributions / Jonathan P. Bollback -- Assessing the uncertainty in phylogenetic inference / Hidetoshi Shimodaira and Masami Hasegawa.
- Simple linear regression -- Multiple linear regression -- Simple logistic regression -- Multiple logistic regression -- Introduction to survival analysis -- Hazard regression analysis -- Introduction to poisson regression : inferences on morbidity and mortality rates -- Multiple poisson regression -- Fixed effects analysis of variance -- Repeated-measures analysis of variance.
- Statistical monitoring of clinical trials 2006, Springer
- Let's get started: preliminaries and a SAS quick start -- Reading, combining, and managing data for later analysis -- Using SAS procedures -- Complex table construction and output control -- Basic models in SAS -- Producing statistical graphics in SAS -- Traditional SAS graphics -- Formatting variables, recoding variables, and writing programs -- Programming in a DATA step -- Macro programming -- Programming with matrices and vectors.
- Statistical quality control 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Statistical reasoning in medicine. 2nd ed. 2006, Springer
- Statistical techniques for data analysis. 2nd ed. 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Statistical thinking in epidemiology 2012, CRCnetBASE"While biomedical researchers may be able to follow instructions in the manuals accompanying the statistical software packages, they do not always have sufficient knowledge to choose the appropriate statistical methods and correctly interpret their results. Statistical Thinking in Epidemiology examines common methodological and statistical problems in the use of correlation and regression in medical and epidemiological research: mathematical coupling, regression to the mean, collinearity, the reversal paradox, and statistical interaction. Statistical Thinking in Epidemiology is about thinking statistically when looking at problems in epidemiology. The authors focus on several methods and look at them in detail: specific examples in epidemiology illustrate how different model specifications can imply different causal relationships amongst variables, and model interpretation is undertaken with appropriate consideration of the context of implicit or explicit causal relationships. This book is intended for applied statisticians and epidemiologists, but can also be very useful for clinical and applied health researchers who want to have a better understanding of statistical thinking. Throughout the book, statistical software packages R and Stata are used for general statistical modeling, and Amos and Mplus are used for structural equation modeling"--Provided by publisher.
- Statistics applied to clinical studies. 5th ed. 2012, Springer
- Data display and summary -- Summary statistics for quantitative data -- Summary statistics for binary data -- Populations and samples -- Statements of probability and confidence intervals -- P-values, power, type I and type II errors -- The t tests -- The [chi]² tests -- Diagnostic tests -- Rank score tests -- Correlation and regression -- Survival analysis -- Study design and choosing a statistical test -- Use of computer software.
- Statistics for biology and health 2005-, SpringerLink
- Statistics for engineering and the sciences. 5th ed. SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.
- Statistics in a nutshell 2008, ProQuest Safari
- Statistics in drug research 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Statistics in medicine. 2nd ed. 2006, ScienceDirect
- Statistics in medicine. 3rd ed. 2012, ScienceDirectPlanning studies: from design to publication -- Planning analysis: what do I do with my data? -- Probability and relative frequency -- Distribution -- Descriptive statistics -- Finding probabilities -- Confidence intervals -- Hypothesis testing: concept and practice -- Tests on categorical data -- Risks, odds, and ROC curves -- Tests on ranked data -- Tests on means of continuous data -- Multi-factor ANOVA and ANCOVA -- Tests on variability and distributions -- Managing results of analysis -- Equivalence testing -- Bayesian statistics -- Sample size estimation and meta-analysis -- Modeling concepts and methods -- Clinical decisions based on models -- Regression and correlation -- Multiple and curvilinear regression -- Survival, logistic regression, and cox regression -- Sequential analysis and time series -- Epidemiology -- Measuring association and agreement -- Questionnaires and surveys -- Methods you might meet, but not every day.
- Statistics in the 21st century 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Statistics of gene mapping 2007, Springer
- Statistics of medical imaging 2012, CRCnetBASE"Statistical investigation into technology not only provides a better understanding of the intrinsic features of the technology (analysis), but also leads to an improved design of the technology (synthesis). Physical principles and mathematical procedures of medical imaging technologies have been extensively studied during past decades. However, less work has been done on their statistical aspect. Filling this gap, this book provides a theoretical framework for statistical investigation into medical technologies. Rather than offer detailed descriptions of statistics of basic imaging protocols of x-ray CT and MRI, the book presents a method to conduct similar statistical investigations into more complicated imaging protocols"--Provided by publisher.
- Statistics toolbox 6 SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.
- Statistics toolbox for use with MATLAB SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.
- Statistics using R SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.
- Statistics using SPSS. 2nd ed. SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Introduction -- Examining univariate distributions -- Measures of location, spread, and skewness -- Re-expressing variables -- Exploring relationships between two variables -- Simple linear regression -- Probability fundamentals -- Theoretical probability models -- The role of sampling in inferential statistics -- Inferences involving the mean of a single population when s is known -- Inferences involving the mean when s is not known: one- and two-sample designs -- One-way analysis of variance -- Two-way analysis of variance -- Correlation and simple regression as inferential techniques -- An introduction to multiple regression -- Nonparametric methods.
- Status epilepticus 2005, SpringerHistory of status epilepticus / Peter W. Kaplan -- Types of status epilepticus: definitions and classification / Frank W. Drislane -- Differential diagnosis of status epilepticus; pseudostatus epilepticus / Barbara A. Dworetzky, Edward B. Bromfield -- The epidemiology of status epilepticus / Elizabeth J. Waterhouse -- The electroencephalogram in status epilepticus / Susan T. Herman -- Generalized convulsive status epilepticus: causes, systemic manifestations, and consequences / Bernard S. Chang -- Focal status epilepticus / Donald L. Schomer -- The Cellular physiology of status epilepticus / Omotola Hope, Hal Blumenfeld -- Cellular damage and the neuropathology of status epilepticus / Nathan B. Fountain -- Clinical presentations of nonconvulsive status epilepticus / Peter W. Kaplan -- Cognitive manifestations of status epilepticus: ictal aphasia, amnesia, and psychosis / Michael Benatar -- Nonconvulsive status epilepticus: morbidity and consequences / Frank W. Drislane -- Treatment of generalized convulsive status epilepticus / Tina Shih, Carl W. Bazil -- Treatment of refractory status epilepticus / Teresa L. Smith, Thomas P. Bleck -- Treatment of nonconvulsive status epilepticus / Frank W. Drislane -- Status epilepticus in children / James J. Riviello, Jr. -- Status epilepticus in neonates / John N. Gaitanis, James J. Riviello, Jr.
- Steding's and Virágh's scanning electron microscopy atlas of the developing human heart 2007, Springer
- Stedman's Medical dictionary 2006, STAT!Ref
- Anatomical illustrations -- Culture media -- Stains, dyes, and fixatives -- Greek alphabet -- Elements and symbols -- Units of measure for pathology -- Sample immunodiagnostic panels -- Common lab tests -- Drugs of abuse, toxicology, and therapeutic drug levels -- Sample reports -- Common terms by procedure --Classification by system including grades & stages.
- Stem cell and gene-based therapy 2006, SpringerHeart -- Neuro -- Musculoskeletal -- Kidney -- Eye -- Pancreas -- Hematology -- Skin.
- Stem cell assays 2007, Springer ProtocolsDerivation of human embryonic stem cells in xeno-free conditions / Mohan C. Vemuri ... [et al.] -- Feeder-layer free culture system for human embryonic stem cells / Michal Amit -- Digital imaging of stem cells by electron microscopy / A. Henry Sathananthan and Stefania A. Nottola -- A controlled-cooling protocol for cryopreservation of human and non-human primate embryonic stem cells / Carol B. Ware and Szczepan W. Baran -- Cell surface markers in human embryonic stem cells / Raj R. Rao, Alison Venable Johnson, and Steven L. Stice -- Generation of a monoclonal antibody library against human embryonic stem cells / Micha Drukker, Christina Muscat, and Irving L. Weissman -- Analytical methods for cancer stem cells / Vinagolu K. Rajasekhar -- Micro RNA profiling : an easy and rapid method to screen and characterize stem cell populations / Uma Lakshmipathy ... [et al.] -- Gene transfer via nucleofection into adult and embryonic stem cells / Uma Lakshmipathy, Shannon Buckley, and Catherine Verfaillie -- RNAi knockdown of transcription factor Pu.1 in the differentiation of mouse embryonic stem cells / Gang-Ming Zou, Meredith A. Thompson, and Mervin C. Yoder -- StemBase : a resource for the analysis of stem cell gene expression data / Christopher J. Porter ... [et al.] -- Isolation of stem cells from human umbilical cord blood / Nishanth P. Reddy, Mohan C. Vemuri, and Reddanna Pallu -- Ex vivo expansion of hematopoietic stem cells from human cord blood in serum-free conditions / Chao-Ling Yao and Shiaw-Min Hwang -- Hematopoietic colony-forming cell assays / Carla Pereira, Emer Clarke, and Jackie Damen -- Assays for alloreactive responses by PCR / Patrick Stordeur -- Immune properties of mesenchymal stem cells / Panagiota A. Sotiropoulou and Michael Papamichail -- Clinical grade expansion of human bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells / Panagiota A. Sotiropoulou, Sonia A. Perez, and Michael Papamichail -- Adenoviral transduction of mesenchymal stem cells / Pablo Bosch and Steven L. Stice -- Directed differentiation of human embryonic stem cells to dendritic cells / Maxim A. Vodyanik and Igor I. Sluvkin -- Insulin-producing cells from embryonic stem cells to dendritic cells / Maxim A. Vodyanik and Igor I. Slukvin -- Insulin-producing cells from embryonic stem cells experimental considerations / Enrique Roche ... [et al.] -- Efficient generation of dopamine neurons from human embryonic stem cells / Chang-Hwan Park and Sang-Hun Lee -- Isolation of oligodendroglial cells from cultured neural stem/progenitors / Frank Zeigler and Stephen G. Hall -- Differentiation of human embryonic stem cells toward the chondrogenic lineage / Wei Seong Toh ... [et al.] -- Cartilage tissue engineering : directed differentiation of embryonic stem cells in three-dimensional hydrogel culture / Nathaniel S. Hwang, Shyni Varghese, and Jennifer Elisseeff.
- Stem cell biology in health and disease 2009, SpringerPart 1. Bone marrow-derived stem cells -- Part 2. Embryonic stem cells -- Part 3. Cancer stem cells.
- Stem cell culture 2008, ScienceDirect
- "Stem Cell Labeling for Delivery and Tracking Using Noninvasive Imaging provides a comprehensive overview of cell therapy imaging, ranging from the basic biology of cell therapeutic choices to the preclinical and clinical applications of cell therapy. It emphasizes the use of medical imaging for therapeutic delivery/targeting, cell tracking, and determining therapeutic efficacy. The book first presents background information and insight on the major classes of stem and progenitor cells. It then describes the main imaging modalities and state-of-the-art techniques that are currently employed for stem cell tracking. In the final chapters, leading scholars offer clinical perspectives on existing and potential uses of stem cells as well as the impact of image-guided delivery and tracking in major organ systems. Through clear descriptions and color images, this volume illustrates how noninvasive imaging is used to track stem cells as they repair damaged tissue in the body. With contributions from some of the most prominent preclinical and clinical researchers in the field, the book helps readers to understand the evolving concepts of stem cell labeling and tracking as the field continues to move forward"--Provided by publisher.
- Stem cell now 2006Foreword by Donald Kennedy -- Abbreviations -- The experiment that shook the world -- The cell -- How we get to how we are -- A brief history of embryonic stem cells -- Hunting adult stem cells -- Seven questions -- The future of medicine -- The great moral divide -- The consequences of politics -- Epilogue -- Notes -- Glossary -- Further reading -- Acknowledgments.
- Stem cell research 2004-- Complicity in embryonic and fetal stem cell research and applications: exploring and extending Catholic responses / Jan C. Heller -- Women, commodification, and embryonic stem cell research / Susan Dodds.An analogical argument for stem cell research / Richard Werner -- Marginal cases and the moral status of embryos / Michael J. Almeida -- Fixations on the moral status of the embryo / Michael C. Brannigan -- Nazi experiments and stem cell research / Dennis R. Cooley -- Recent ethical controversies about stem cell research / James J. McCartney
- Stem cell research and therapeutics 2008, Springer
- Ventricular remodeling in ischemic cardiomyopathy / Stefan Klotz and Daniel Burkhoff -- Myocardial regeneration: which cell and why / Elmostafa El Fahime and Jacques Tremblay -- Cardiac stem cells for myocardial regeneration / Bernardo Nadal-Ginard and Simón Méndez-Ferrer -- A historic recapitulation of myoblast transplantation / Daniel Skuk and Jacques Tremblay -- Myoblast cell transplantation preclinical studies / Doris A. Taylor and Harald Ott -- Skeletal myoblasts: the European experience / Philippe Menasche -- Skeletal myoblasts: the U. S. experience / Edward B. Diethrich -- Progenitor cells for cardiac regeneration / Ana Sánchez and Javier Garcia-Sancho -- Bone marrow derived stem cell for myocardial regeneration: preclinical experience / Bradley Martin and Mark Pittenger --Bone marrow derived stem cell for myocardial regeneration: clinical experience, surgical delivery / Manual Galiñanes -- Autologous mononuclear bone marrow cell transplantation for myocardial infarction: the German experience / Michael Brehm, Tobias Zeus and Bodo E. Strauer -- Autologous mononuclear bone marrow cell transplantation for myocardial infarction: the Spanish experience / Francisco E. Avilés ... [et al.] -- Mobilizing bone marrow stem cells for myocardial repair after acute myocardial infarction / Steve Ellis and Oussama Wazni -- Percutaneous myoblast transplantation: steps in transplantation research / Nabil Dib -- A porcine model of myocardial infarction for evaluation of cell transplantation / Nabil Dib ... [et al.] -- Tissue engineering for myocardial regeneration / Ravi K. Birla -- The role of pet scan in stem cell therapy / Uchechukwa Sampson ... [et al.] -- The measurement of systolic function in the mammalian heart / Blasé Carabello -- Electrophysiological aspects of cell transplantation / Nicholas S. Peters, Nicolas A.F. Chronos and Fernando Tondato -- Regulatory considerations in manufacturing, product testing, and preclinical development of cellular products for cardiac repair / Ellen Areman, Kim Benton and Richard McFarland.
- Stem cell therapy for diabetes 2010, Springer
- Stem cell tools and other experimental protocols 2006, ScienceDirectIn vitro experimentation and research tools -- Tissue engineering and regenerative medicine.
- Stem cell transplantation 2012, SpringerSection I. Basic Aspects of Transplantation -- The Frontiers of Organ Transplantation and Cell Therapy / Rafael Matesanz -- Organ Transplantation in the 21th Century / Francisco Ortega -- Immunology and the Challenge of Transplantation / Rebeca Alonso Arias, Antonio López-Vázquez and Carlos López-Larrea -- Cellular Immunotolerance in the Transplant / Marcos Lóez-Hoyos, David San Segundo and Manuel Arias -- Immunosuppression in the ERA of Biological Agents / Josep M. Grinyó, Josep M. Cruzado, Oriol Bestard, J. R. Vidal Castiñeira and Joan Torras -- Transgenic Organs and Xenotransplants / Cristina Costa Vallés and Rafael Máñez Mendiluce -- Cell and Tissue Therapy in Regenerative Medicine / Ana Sánchez, Thomas Schimmang and Javier García-Sancho -- Section II. Adult Stem Cells -- Characteristics of Adult Stem Cells / Manuel A. Gonzalez and Antonio Bernad -- Bone Marrow Transplantation Extends Its Scope / Fermín M. Sánchez-Guijo, Alberto Orfao and María Consuelo del Cañizo -- Biology of Stem Cells: The Role of Microenvironments / Agustín G. Zapata, David Alfaro and Javier García-Ceca --Mobilization and Homing of Hematopoietic Stem Cells / Beatriz Suárez-Álvarez, Antonio López-Vázquez and Carlos López-Larrea -- Great Promise of Tissue-Resident Adult Stem/Progenitor Cells in Transplantation and Cancer Therapies / Murielle Mimeault and Surinder K. Batra -- Multipotent Mesenchymal Stromal Cells: Clinical Applications and Cancer Modeling / René Rodríguez, Javier García-Castro, Cesar Trigueros, Mariano García Arranz and Pablo Menéndez -- Section III. Embryonic Stem Cells -- Neural Stem Cells and Transplantation Studies in Parkinson's Disease / Ricardo Pardal and José López-Barneo -- Biological Impact of Human Embryonic Stem Cells / Miguel Martín and Pablo Menéndez -- Epigenetics of Embryonic Stem Cells / Vincenzo Calvanese and Mario F. Fraga -- New Tools in Regenerative Medicine: Gene Therapy / Miguel Muñoz Ruiz and José R. Regueiro -- Therapeutic Cloning and Cellular Reprogramming / Ramon M. Rodriguez, Pablo J. Ross and Jose B. Cibelli -- Section IV. Stem Cell Regenerative Medicine -- Advances in Stem Cell Therapy / Silvia Pérez López and Jesús Otero Hernández -- Tissue Bioengineering and Artificial Organs / Sara Llames, Eva García, Jesús Otero Hernández and Álvaro Meana.
- Clinical potentials of stem cells: hype or hope? -- Alteration of hematopoietic stem cell fates by chromatin-modifying agents -- Increasing impact of micro RNAs in stem cell biology and medicine -- Novel strategies for the mobilization of hematopoietic stem cell -- Pluripotent stem cells from umbilical cord blood -- Good manufacturing practices: clinical-scale production of mesenchymal stem cells -- The clonal activity of marked hematopoietic stem cell -- A large animal non-injury model for study of human stem cell plasticity -- Developmental potential of somatic stem cells following injection into murine blastocysts -- Testing the limits: the potential of MAPC in animal models -- Mesenchymal stem cells as vehicles for genetic targeting of tumors -- Endothelial progenitor cells for cardiac regeneration -- Stem cells and bypass grafting for myocardial and vascular regeneration -- Adoptive immunotherapy: guidelines and clinical practice -- Immune escape and suppression by human mesenchymal stem cells -- Stem cell transplantation: the basis for successful cellular immunotherapy.
- Allogeneic and autologous stem cell transplantation for acute leukemia and myelodysplasia in the adult / Sandra Cohen and Stephen J. Forman -- Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for chronic myelogenous leukemia / Humberto Caldera and Sergio Giralt -- Stem cell transplantation for Hodgkin's and non-Hodgkin's lymphomas / Thomas J. Kenney and John W. Sweetenham -- Autologous and allogeneic transplantation for multiple myeloma / Faith E. Davies and Kenneth C. Anderson -- Hematopoietic progenitor cell transplantation for breast cancer / Yago Nieto and Elizabeth J. Shpall -- Pathophysiology of acute graft-vs-host disease / Takanori Teshima and James L. M. Ferrara -- Acute graft-vs-host disease / Uwe Platzbecker and H. Joachim Deeg -- Chronic graft-vs-host disease after transplantation / Georgia B. Vogelsang and Colleen H. Mcdonough -- Immune reconstitution after allogeneic transplantation / Carolyn A. Keever-Taylor -- Infection in the hematopoietic stem cell transplant recipient / Lindsey Baden and Robert H. Rubin -- EBV lymphoproliferative disease after transplantation / Stephen Gottschalk, Cliona M. Rooney, and Helen E. Heslop -- Pathophysiology of lung injury after hematopoietic stem cell transplantation / Kenneth R. Cooke -- Hepatic veno-occlusive disease / Paul G. Richardson -- Quality-of-life issues posttransplantation / Stephanie J. Lee.Stem cell sources: peripheral blood stem cells and bone marrow for allogeneic transplantation / Corey Cutler and Joseph H. Antin -- Allogeneic unrelated donor blood and marrow transplantation / Daniel Weisdorf -- Haploidentical stem cell transplantation / P. Jean Henslee-Downey -- Umbilical cord hematopoietic stem cell transplantation / Timothy F. Goggins and Nelson J. Chao -- Tumor contamination of stem cell products: the role of purging / John G. Gribben -- T-cell depletion to prevent graft-vs-host disease / Vincent Ho and Robert J. Soiffer -- Donor lymphocyte infusions: clinical applications and the graft-vs-leukemia effect / Edwin P. Alyea III -- Nonmyeloablative transplantation / Lyle C. Feinstein and Brenda M. Sandmaier.
- Stem cell-based tissue repair 2011, R Soc ChemChapter 1. Promises and Limitations in the Application of Cell Therapy for Tissue Regeneration / Raphael Gorodetsky -- Chapter 2. Adult Non-hematopoietic Stem Cells and Progenitor Cells (aNHSCs) / R. Schäfer and L. Dahéron -- Chapter 3. Screening Approaches for Stem Cells / David G. Buschke, Derek J. Hei, Kevin W. Eliceiri and Brenda M. Ogle -- Chapter 4. Hematopoietic Stem Cells and their Role in Regenerative Medicine / Eitan Fibach -- Chapter 5. Cord and Cord Blood: Valuable Resources with Potential for Liver Therapy / Saba Habibollah, Marcin Jurga, Nico Forraz and Colin McGuckin -- Chapter 6. Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells: Their Role in Modeling Disease and Regenerative Medicine / Yonatan Stelzer and Marjorie Pick -- Chapter 7. Mesenchymal Stromal/Stem Cells from Tissue Repair to Destruction of Tumor Cells / Rita Bussolari, Giulia Grisendi, Luigi Cafarelli, Pietro Loschi, Laura Scarabelli, Antonio Frassoldati, Michela Maur, Giorgio De Santis, Paolo Paolucci, Pierfranco Conte and Massimo Dominici -- Chapter 8. Fibrin-based Matrices to Support Stem Cell-Based Tissue Regeneration / Raphael Gorodetsky, Iris Mironi-Harpaz and Dror Seliktar -- Chapter 9. Culturing Non-hematopoietic Mesenchymal Stromal Cells and Requirements of GMP in Stem Cell-based Therapies / Karen Bieback, Marianna Karagianni, Gerlinde Schmidtke-Schrezenmeier, Natalie Fekete and Hubert Schrezenmeier --Chapter 10. (Stem) Cell Based Therapy for Neurological Disorders / O. Einstein and T. Ben-Hur -- Chapter 11. Mesenchymal Osteogenic Precursors for Bone Repair and Regeneration / Nicola Baldini, Dante Dallari and Francesca Perut -- Chapter 12. Stem Cells and Cartilage Repair / Bernd Rolauffs, Andreas Badke, Kuno Weise, Alan J. Grodzinsky and Wilhelm K. Aicher -- Chapter 13. Stem Cell-based Replacement Tissue for Heart Repair / Ayelet Lesman and Shulamit Levenberg -- Chapter 14. Regeneration of the Vascular System / M. Schleicher, A. J. Huber, H. P. Wendel and U. A. Stock -- Chapter 15. Regenerative Strategies for the Endocrine Pancreas: From Islets to Stem Cells and Tissue Reprogramming / Juan Domínguez-Bendala and Camillo Ricordi -- Chapter 16. Regeneration of the Lower Urinary Tract: Clinical Applications and Future Outlook / Markus Renninger, Bastian Amend, Jörg Seibold, Gerhard Feil, Arnulf Stenzl and Karl-Dietrich Sievert -- Chapter 17. Effective Tissue Repair and Immunomodulation by Mesenchymal Stem Cells within a Milieu of Cytokines / Philip Lim, Shyam A. Patel and Pranela Rameshwar -- Chapter 18. Homing of Mesenchymal Stromal Cells / Reinhard Henschler, Erika Deak and Richard Schäfer.
- Stem cells 2006, Springer
- Stem cells 2008, Springer
- Stem cells & regenerative medicine 2011, Springerpt. 1. Stem cell biology -- pt. 2. Epigenetic and microRNA regulation in stem cells -- pt. 3. Stem cells for therapeutic applications -- pt. 4. Nuclear reprogramming and induced pluripotent stem cells -- pt. 5. Tissue engineering -- pt. 6. Regenerative medicine.
- Stem cells : NIH
- Stem cells and cancer (Humana) 2009, Springer
- Stem cells and cancer (Springer) 2009, Springer
- Stem cells and cancer stem cells 2012, SpringerFulltext Vol. 4 SpringerFulltext Vol. 5 SpringerFulltext Vol. 6 SpringerFulltext Vol. 7 Springer
- Stem cells and cancer stem cells. Volume 1, Therapeutic applications in disease and injury 2012, Springer
- Stem cells and cancer stem cells. Volume 2, Therapeutic applications in disease and injury 2012, Springer
- Stem cells and human diseases 2012, Springer
- Stem cells and myocardial regeneration 2007, SpringerThe challenge for stem cell therapy: overview of the problem: heart attack and heart failure -- Hematopoietic stem cells for myocardial regeneration -- Mesenchymal stem cells for cardiac therapy -- Multipotent adult progenitor cells -- Mesenchymal progenitor cells for vascular formation and cardiac muscle regeneration -- Umbilical cord blood stem cells for myocardial regeneration and angiogenesis -- Endogenous cardiac stem cells -- Embryonic stem cells for myocardial repair -- Chemokin and homing factor expression in acute myocardial infarction and chronic heart failure -- Stem cell differentiation toward a cardiac myocyte phenotype -- Electrical coupling and/or ventricular tachycardia risk of cell therapy -- Cell therapy for myocardial damage: arrhythmia risk and mechanisms -- Aspects of percutaneous cellular cardiomyoplasty -- Stem cells and myocardial regeneration: open-chest/minimally invasive surgical techniques -- Measures of effective cell based therapies -- Whole bone marrow transplantation -- Clinical angioblast therapy -- Use of skeletal myoblasts for the treatment of chronic heart failure -- Bone marrow and angioblast transplantation -- Strategies for cytokine modification and stem cell mobilization for acute myocardial infarction -- 21 summary and future challenges.
- Stem cells and revascularization therapies 2012, CRCnetBASE
- Stem cells for myocardial regeneration 2010, Springer ProtocolsStem cells for myocardial repair and regeneration : where are we today? / Randall J. Lee -- Bone marrow-derived endothelial progenitor cells : isolation and characterization for myocardial repair / Masaaki Ii -- Umbilical cells stem cells for myocardial repair and regeneration / Nicholas Greco and Mary J. Laughlin -- Isolation of resident cardiac progenitor cells by Hoechst 33342 staining / Otmar Pfister ... [et al.] -- Mesenchymal stem cell therapy for cardiac repair / Andrew J. Boyle, Ian K. McNiece, and Joshua M. Hare -- Methods for human embryonic stem cells derived cardiomyocytes cultivation, genetic manipulation, and transplantation / Gil Arbel ... [et al.] -- Experimental cell transplantation therapy in rat myocardial infarction model including nude rat preparation / Wangde Dai and Robert A. Kloner -- Large animal model of heart failure for assessment of stem cells / Sharad Rastogi -- Histopathologic assessment of myocardial regeneration / Naima Carter-Monroe ... [et al.] -- Assessment of myocardial angiogenesis and vascularity in small animal models / Matthew L. Springer -- Superparamagnetic iron oxide labeling of stem cells for MRi tracking and delivery in cardiovascular disease / Dorota A. Kedziorek and Dara L. Kraitchman -- Embryonic stem cell biology : insights from molecular imaging / Karim Sallam and Joseph C. Wu -- Genetic fate-mapping for studying adult cardiomyocyte replenishment after myocardial injury / Sunny S.-K. Chan ... [et al.] -- In vitro electrophysiological mapping of stem cells / Seth Weinberg, Elizabeth A. Lipke, and Leslie Tung -- Assessment of cardiac conduction : basic principles of optical mapping / Chunhua Ding and Thomas H. Everett IV -- Surface patterning for generating defined nanoscale matrices / Karen L. Christman and Heather D. Maynard.
- Stem cells handbook 2004
- Stem cells in endocrinology 2005, SpringerGeneration of islet-like structures from ES cells / Nadya Lumelsky -- The therapeutic potential of liver repopulation for metabolic or endocrine disorders / Sanjeev Gupta -- The manipulation of mesenchymal stem cells for bone repair / Shelley R. Winn -- Spermatogenesis from transplanted spermatogenic stem cells / Michael D. Griswold and Derek McLean -- Hematopoietic stem cell transplant in the treatment of autoimmune endocrine disease / Jody Schumacher and Ewa Carrier -- Preclinical trials for stem cell therapy / Linda B. Lester, K.Y. Francis Pau, and Don P. Wolf.Pt. I. Basic stem cell biology. Embryonic stem cells: derivation, properties, and therapeutic implications / Victor L. Browning and Jon S. Odorico -- Germ line stem cells / Makoto C. Nagano -- Umbilical cord stem cells / Kathy E. Mitchell -- Differentiation potential of adult stem cells / Henry E. Young and Asa C. Black, Jr. -- Growth conditions for primate vs murine embryonic stem cells / Gillian M. Beattie ... [et al.] -- Pt. II. Translational research. Islet precursor cells in adult pancreatic islets / Gladys Teitelman and Irem Nasir -- Transcription factor-directed differentiation of stem cells along an endocrine lineage / William L. Lowe, Jr. --
- Stem cells in regenerative medicine 2009, Springer ProtocolsDerivation and manipulation of murine embryonic stem cells / Alexander Meissner, Sarah Eminli, and Rudolf Jaenisch -- Patterning mouse and human embryonic stem cells using micro-contact printing / Raheem Peerani ... [et al.] -- Efficient gene knockdowns in human embryonic stem cells using lentiviral-based RNAi / Asmin Tulpule and George Q. Daley -- Measurement of cell-penetrating peptide-mediated transduction of adult hematopoietic stem cells / Aziza P. Manceur and Julie Audet -- Stem cell sources for regenerative medicine / Ali M. Riazi, Sarah Y. Kwon, and William L. Stanford -- Investigating the interactions between haemopoietic stem cells and their niche : methods for the analysis of stem cell homing and distribution within the marrow following transplantation / Brenda Williams and Susan K. Nilsson -- Ex vivo megakaryocyte expansion and platelet production from human cord blood stem cells / Valérie Cortin, Nicolas Pineault, and Alain Garnier -- Ex vivo generation of human red blood cells : a new advance in stem cell engineering / Luc Douay and Marie-Catherine Giarratana -- Isolation and manipulation of mammalian neural stem cells in vitro / Claudio Giachino, Onur Basak, and Verdon Taylor -- Isolation, expansion, and differentiation of mouse skin-derived precursors / Karl J.L. Fernandes and Freda D. Miller -- Xenotransplantation of embryonic stem cell-derived motor neurons into the developing chick spinal cord / Hynek Wichterle, Mirza Peljto, and Stephane Nedelec -- Transplantation of neural stem/progenitor cells into developing and adult CNS / Tong Zheng ... [et al.] -- Transplantation of embrynic stem cell-derived dopaminergic neurons in MPTP-treated monkeys / Jun Takahashi, Yasushi Takagi, and Hidemoto Saiki -- Isolation and culture of epithelial stem cells / Jonathan A. Nowak and Elaine Fuchs -- Regeneration of skin and cornea by tissue engineering / Danielle Larouche ... [et al.] -- Prospective isolation of mesenchymal stem cells from mouse compact bone / Brenton J. Short, Nathalie Brouard, and Paul J. Simmons -- Isolation, propagation, and characterization of human umbilical cord perivascular cells (HUCPVCs) / Rahul Sarugaser ... [et al.] -- Bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells : isolation, expansion, characterization, viral transduction, and production of conditioned medium / Massimilano Gnecchi and Luis G. Melo -- Template DNA-strand co-segregation and asymmetric cell division in skeletal muscle stem cells / Vasily Shinin, Barbara Gayraud-Morel, and Shahragim Tajbakhsh -- Isolation and grafting of single muscle fibres / Charlotte A. Collins and Peter S. Zammit -- Differentiation and dynamic analysis of primitive vessels from embryonic stem cells / Gefei Zeng and Victoria L. Bautch -- Derivation of contractile smooth muscle cells from embryonic stem cells / Sanjay Sinha, Mark H. Hoofnagle, and Gary K. Owens -- Islet-derived progenitors as a source of in vitro islet regeneration / Stephen Hanley and Lawrence Rosenberg -- Isolation and characterization of hepatic stem cells, or "oval cells," from rat livers / Thomas D. Shupe ... [et al.] -- Reprogramming of liver to pancreas / Shifaan Thowfeequ ... [et al.]
- Stem cells in reproduction and in the brain 2006, Springer
- Stem cells in the respiratory system 2010, Springer
- Stem cells, human embryos and ethics 2008, Springer
- Stem cells. 1st ed. 2002, ScienceDirect
- Stem cells. 1st ed. 2011, ScienceDirectBiology of the cell -- Embryonic development -- What are stem cells? -- Of mice and men: the history of the stem cell -- Origins and types of stem cells -- Cloning -- Regenerative medicine: clinical applications of stem cells -- Cardiomyocytes from stem cells: what can we do with them? -- Stem cell tourism --Stem cells in cancer and cancer stem cells -- Stem cells for discovery of effective and safe new drugs -- Legal and intellectual property issues associated with stem cells -- Stem cell perspectives: a vision of the future.
- Step-by-step approach to using SAS for univariate & multivariate statistics. 2nd ed. books24x7, SUNet ID login required. Use Search. Direct Link not yet available
- Basic concepts -- The nervous system -- The cardiovascular system -- The respiratory system -- The gastrointestinal system -- The renal system -- The endocrine system -- The reproductive system -- The musculoskeletal system -- The hematopoietic and lymphoreticular system.
- Step-up. 2nd ed. 2003
- Stepped care and e-health 2011, Springer
- Stepping stones to living well with dysphagia 2012, KargerDefinition, prevalence, and burden of oropharyngeal dysphagia : a serious problem among older adults worldwide and the impact on prognosis and hospital resources / Cichero, J.A.Y. ; Altman, K.W. -- The physiology of deglutition and the pathophysiology and complications of oropharyngeal dysphagia / Steele, C.M. -- Identifying vulnerable patients : role of the EAT-10 and the multidisciplinary team for early intervention and comprehensive dysphagia care / Kaspar, K. ; Ekberg, O. -- The volume-viscosity swallow test for clinical screening of dysphagia and aspiration / Rofes, L.; Arreola, V.; Clavé, P. -- Videofluoroscopic swallow study : techniques, signs, and reports / Bülow, M. -- Screening and clinical assessment of oropharyngeal dysphagia / Martino, R -- Pathophysiology, relevance, and natural history of oropharyngeal dysphagia among older people / Clavé, P. ... [et al.] -- Complications of oropharyngeal dysphagia : aspiration pneumonia / Almirall, J.; Cabré, M.; Clavé, P. -- Nutrition assessment and intervention in the patient with dysphagia : challenges for quality improvement / Ochoa, J.B. -- Therapeutic approach to malnutrition and sarcopenia / Burgos Peláez, R. -- Importance of nutritional support in older people / Sánchez-García, E. ... [et al.] -- Exercise-based approaches to dysphagia rehabilitation / Steele, C.M. -- Oropharyngeal dysphagia pathophysiology, complications, and science-based interventions / Altman, K.W. -- Concluding remarks.
- Normal anatomy -- Congenital malformations -- Degenerative lesions --Inflammatory lesions -- Tumors -- Traumatic lesions -- Surgery-related lesions.
- Stereochemistry workbook 2006, Springer
- Stereotactic body radiation therapy 2012, Springer
- Sterile product facility design and project management. 2nd ed. 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Steroid receptor methods Springer Protocols
- Steroids and isoprenoids. Part A ScienceDirect
- Steroids and isoprenoids. Part B ScienceDirect
- Steroids and terpenoids ScienceDirect
- Stevia 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Sticky synapse 2009, Springer
- Stiff elbow. 1st ed. 2006
- This Forum on Health and National Security, directed to addressing stigma and barriers to care, brought together a diverse group of leaders in order to expand horizons on these issues of important national need in times of war, disaster and terrorism. The individuals represented national leaders, educators, researchers and health care planners across mental health, health care systems, military and disaster care and the specific issues of stigma and barriers to care. The goal was for individuals who did not usually talk with each other or even know of each other's work, to hear new perspectives and create a new vantage point on this difficult topic.
- Stimulus-response compatibility principles 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Stochastic processes in science, engineering, and finance 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Stochastic relations 2007, CRCnetBASE
- "Revised and updated for its Third Edition, Stocker and Dehner's Pediatric Pathology provides encyclopedic coverage of the diagnosis of pediatric disorders from the neonatal period through adolescence. It covers all major aspects of the pathologic anatomy of childhood disorders ranging from chromosomal syndromes and neoplasms to forensic pathology. Sections are organized by disease classification and by organ system. The book contains more than 1,300 gross and microscopic images, including 1,200 in full color. This edition includes a new chapter on transplantation pathology. Other highlights include significant updates in the areas of pediatric autopsy, imaging techniques, molecular techniques, embryonic and fetal wastage, congenital abnormalities, metabolic disorders, SIDS and forensic pathology, the placenta, and the nervous system"--Provided by publisher.
- 1 General considerations and an outline survey of some basic interaction mechanisms -- 2 ACE inhibitors and angiotensin II receptor antagonists -- 3 Alcohol -- 4 Alpha blockers -- 5 Anaesthetics and neuromuscular blockers -- 6 Analgesics and NSAIDs -- 7 Anorectics and stimulants -- 8 Anthelmintics, antifungals and antiprotozoals -- 9 Antiarrythmics -- 10 Antibacterials -- 11 Anticholinesterases -- 12 Anticoagulants -- 13 Antidiabetics -- 14 Antiepileptics -- 15 Antihistamines -- 16 Antimigraine drugs -- 17 Antineoplastics -- 18 Antiparkinsonian and related drugs -- 19 Antiplatelet drugs and thrombolytics -- 20 Antipsychotics, anxiolytics and hypnotics -- 21 Antivirals -- 22 Beta blockers -- 23 Calcium-channel blockers -- 24 Cardiovascular drugs, miscellaneous -- 25 Digitalis glycosides -- 26 Diuretics -- 27 Gastrointestinal drugs -- 28 Hormonal contraceptives and sex hormones -- 29 Immunosuppressants -- 30 Lipid regulating drugs -- 31 Lithium -- 32 MAOIs -- 33 Respiratory drugs -- 34 -- SSRIs, tricyclics and related antidepressants -- 35 Miscellaneous drugs.
- Ischemic heart disease / Shamsuddin Akhtar -- Valvular heart disease / Adriana Herrera -- Congenital heart disease / Inna Maranets and Roberta L. Hines -- Abnormalities of cardiac conduction and cardiac rhythm / Kelly Teed Watson -- Systemic and pulmonary arterial hypertension / Matthew C. Wallace and Ala Sami Haddadin -- Heart failure and cardiomyopathies / Wanda M. Popescu -- Pericardial diseases and cardiac trauma / Raj K. Modak -- Vascular disease / Marbelia Gonzalez -- Respiratory diseases / Viji Kurup -- Diseases affecting the brain / Jeffrey J. Pasternak and William L. Lanier, Jr. -- Spinal cord disorder / Jeffrey J. Pasternak and William L. Lanier, Jr. -- Diseases of the autonomic and peripheral nervous systems / Jeffrey J. Pasternak and William L. Lanier, Jr. -- Diseases of the liver and biliary tract / Katherine E. Marschall -- Diseases of the gastrointestinal system/ Hossan Tantawy -- Nutritional diseases and inborn errors of metabolism / Hossan Tantawy -- Renal diseases / Susan Garwood -- Fluid, electrolytes, and acid-base disorders / Susan Garwood -- Endocrine disease / Russell T. Wall III -- Hematologic disorders / Christine S. Rinder -- Skin and musculoskeletal diseases / Jeffrey J. Schwartz -- Infectious diseases / Michael S. Avidan -- Cancer / Nalini Vadivelu -- Diseases related to immune system dysfunction / Christine S. Rinder -- Psychiatric disease/substance abuse/drug overdose / Roberta L. Hines, Katherine E. Marschall -- Pregnancy-associated diseases / Ferne R. Braveman -- Pediatric diseases / Charles Lee ... [et al.] -- Geriatric disorders / Zoltan G. Hevesi.
- STOP, THAT and one hundred other sleep scales 2012, Springer
- Stopping of ions heavier than helium 2005, HighWire
- Store-operated Ca2+ entry (SOCE) pathways 2012, Springer
- Stored tissue issue 2004
- Foreward: The Lasting Legacy of Sidney R. Garfield, M.D. / by Jay Crosson -- Preface -- Prologue: The Desert Doctor -- 1. Out of the Immigrant Forge -- 2. The Great Depression and "Social Medicine" -- 3. Revolution in the Economics of Medicine -- 4. A Fateful House Call -- 5. The Final Dress Rehearsal -- 6. FDR to Garfield: "You're Not in the Army Now!" -- 7. Postwar Challenges: Rebuilding Against a Tide of Opposition -- 8. Attack from the Rear Guard -- 9. Prosperity in the Postwar Boom -- 10. Toward Tahoe: Crises and Crossroads -- 11. After Tahoe: Pursuing New Frontiers -- 12. The Best is Yet to Come -- Appendix 1. Remarks to the AMA on Promoting Prepaid Group Practice -- Appendix 2. A Report on Permanente's First 10 Years -- Appendix 3. From An Address to the Permanente Monterey Management Conference -- Appendix 4. From An Address to the Board of Directors of The Permanente Medical Group -- Appendix 5. The Delivery of Medical Care / by Sidney R. Garfield -- Bibliography -- Selected Works: Authored or Coauthored by Sidney R. Garfield, M.D. (p. 135-137) -- Index -- A Timeline of the Life of Sidney R. Garfield, M.D.
- Story of the human body. First edition [1st ed.]. SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.A Harvard evolutionary biologist presents an engaging discussion of how the human body has evolved over millions of years, examining how an increasing disparity between the needs of Stone Age bodies and the realities of the modern world are fueling a paradox of greater longevity and chronic disease.
- Strabismus surgery 2004
- Strabismus surgery and its complications 2007, Springer
- Strategic ICT planning in pathology 2013, Springer
- Strategies to protect the health of deployed U.S. forces. Analytical framework for assessing risks NAP
- Strategies to protect the health of deployed U.S. forces. Assessing health risks to deployed U.S. forces NAP
- Strategies to protect the health of deployed U.S. forces. Detecting, characterizing, and documenting exposures NAP
- Strengthening care for the injured 2010, WHO"Injury accounts for a significant proportion of the world's burden of disease. Each year 5.8 million people die from injury and millions more are disabled. The response to this global health problem needs to include a range of activities, from better surveillance to more in-depth research, and primary prevention. Also needed are efforts to strengthen care of the injured. The World Health Organization (WHO) has responded to this need with a variety of actions. ... WHO collected this set of case studies, documenting success stories and lessons learned from several countries. Through this publication, WHO seeks to increase communication ... among those working in the field of trauma care in different countries worldwide."--p. iii.
- Fulltext WHO"Injury accounts for a significant proportion of the world's burden of disease. Each year 5.8 million people die from injury and millions more are disabled. The response to this global health problem needs to include a range of activities, from better surveillance to more in-depth research, and primary prevention. Also needed are efforts to strengthen care of the injured. The World Health Organization (WHO) has responded to this need with a variety of actions. ... WHO collected this set of case studies, documenting success stories and lessons learned from several countries. Through this publication, WHO seeks to increase communication ... among those working in the field of trauma care in different countries worldwide."--p. iii.
- Streptococcal pharyngitis 2004, Karger
- Stress 2008, KargerNeurobehavioral medicine and stress-related disorders / Dirk H. Hellhammer, Juliane Hellhammer -- Neuropattern : a step towards neurobehavioral medicine / Dirk H. Hellhammer, Juliane Hellhammer -- Principles of the crosstalk between brain and body : glandotropy, ergotropy, and trophotropy / Dirk H. Hellhammer -- Hypercortisolemic disorders / Petra Pütz -- Hypocortisolemic disorders / Eva Fries -- Noradrenergic and sympathetic disorders / Pascal O. Klingmann, Dirk H. Hellhammer -- Serotonergic and parasympathetic disorders / Dirk H. Hellhammer, Pascal O. Klingmann.
- Stress and cardiovascular disease 2012, SpringerIntroduction to Cardiovascular Disease, Stress and Adaptation -- Social Stress and Cardiovascular Disease in Primates -- Cardiovascular and Autonomic Responses to Stress -- Sympathetic Neural and Adrenal Medullary Mechanisms in Depression and Panic Disorder -- Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Adrenal Axis and Cardiovascular Disease -- Haemostatic Effects of Stress -- Stress, Inflammation, and Coronary Heart Disease -- Brain Imaging of Stress and Cardiovascular Responses -- Psychological Triggers for Plaque Rupture -- Stress Cardiomyopathy -- Psychosocial Factors at Work: The Epidemiological Perspective -- Depression and Cardiovascular Disease Progression: Epidemiology, Mechanisms and Treatment -- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder: Emerging Risk Factor and Mechanisms -- Sleep, Stress, and Heart Disease -- The Causal Role of Chronic Mental Stress in the Pathogenesis of Essential Hypertension -- Metabolic Syndrome and Diabetes -- Stress Management and Behavior: From Cardiac Patient to Worksite Intervention -- Exercise to Reduce Distress and Improve Cardiac Function: Moving on and Finding the Pace -- The Psychological Treatment of Cardiac Patients -- Integrating the Management of Psychosocial and Behavior Risk Factors into Clinical Medical Practice -- Concluding Remarks.
- Stress challenges and immunity in space 2012, Springer
- Stress free for good 2006"We live in an age of stress. Constant stress significantly affects our ability to lead healthy and happy lives at work and home. We struggle with stomach pain, headaches, mood swings, fatigue, depression, high blood pressure, and even heart failure. Stress damages our physical and emotional well-being, our relationships, and our productivity. Dr. Fred Luskin and Dr. Kenneth R. Pelletier spent years at the Stanford University School of Medicine developing ten proven skills for eliminating the stress, anxiety, and pain that occur in daily life. Delivering sound advice, Stress Free for Good is easy to use and starts working immediately. This is the last stress aid you will ever need"--Book jacket.
- Stress hormones and post traumatic stress disorder 2007, ScienceDirect
- Stress proof the heart 2012, Springerpt. 1. Psychological challenges of heart disease -- pt. 2. Psychological interventions for cardiac patients.
- Stress response Springer Protocols
- Stress-activated protein kinases 2008, Springer
- Stroke essentials for primary care 2009, Springer
- Stroke genetics 2013, Springer
- Stroke genetics 2003
- Stroke genomics 2005, Springer ProtocolsIntroduction to stroke genomics / Simon J. Read and Frank C. Barone -- Choice, methodology, and characterization of focal ischemic stroke models: the search for clinical relevance / David Virley -- Mutant animal models of stroke and gene expression: the stroke-prone spontaneously hypertensive rat / Hilary V. O. Carswell ... [et al.] -- Gene therapy in neurological disease / Midori A. Yenari and Robert M. Sapolsky -- Stem cell transplantation after middle cerebral artery occlusion / Paul Stroemer and Helen Hodges -- Endogenous brain protection: models, gene expression, and mechanisms / Frank C. Barone -- Production of transgenic and mutant mouse models / Alex Harper --3-nitropropionic acid model of metabolic stress: assessment by magnetic resonance imaging / Toby John Roberts -- Practicalities of genetic studies in human stroke / Ahamad Hassan and Hugh S. Markus -- Evaluation of the interactions of common genetic mutations in stroke / Zoltán Szolnoki -- Technologies of disease-related gene discovery using preclinical models of stroke / Xinkang Wang -- Quantitative analysis of gene transcription in stroke models using real-time RT-PCR / David C. Harrison and Brian C. Bond -- Effective analysis of genomic data / Paul R. Nelson, Andrew B. Goulter, and Richard J. Davis -- Bioinformatic approaches to assigning protein function from novel sequence data / David Michalovich and Richard Fagan -- Pragmatic target discovery from novel gene to functionally defined drug target: the interleukin-1 story / Stuart McRae Allen.
- Sabiston Textbook of surgery. 17th ed...
- — Shaped-beam radiosurgery ...............
- Shared destiny .........................
- — Spine secrets ..........................
- Spine secrets plus. 2nd ed. ............
- — Stroke genomics ........................
- Stroke prevention in clinical practic...
- — Systems thinking for health systems s...
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Editor: Jianfang, Zhang
Translated & Donated by Muoi Arnold and Keith Arnold former Stanford faculty