- Sabiston Textbook of surgery. 17th ed...
- — Shackelford's Surgery of the alimenta...
- Shaped-beam radiosurgery ...............
- — Spinal imaging .........................
- Spinal imaging .........................
- — Stroke essentials for primary care .....
- Stroke genetics ........................
- — Systems thinking for health systems s...
- Shaped-beam radiosurgery 2011, Springer
- Shared destiny 2004, NAP
- SharePoint 2003 user's guide Springer
- SharePoint 2007 user's guide Springer
- SharePoint for project management. 1st ed. SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.
- Sharpening your SAS skills 2005, CRCnetBASEChapter 1. Accessing Data -- Chapter 2. Creating Data Structures -- Chapter 3. Managing Data -- Chapter 4. Generating Reports -- Chapter 5. Handling Errors -- Chapter 6. Version 8.2 and Version 9.1 Enhancements.
- Shattered dreams? 2007
- Shedding light on indoor tanning 2012, Springer
- Shengmai san 2002, CRCnetBASE1. Shengmai San - a renowned traditional Chinese medicinal formula / Song-Ming Liang, Shu-Ying Chen, Si-Qian Liang -- 2. Pharmacological studies on Shengmai San / Kam-Ming Ko, Duncan H.F. Mak, Tze-Kin Yim and Yong-Quing Yan -- 3. Clinical studies on Shengmai San / Ye-Zhi Rong, Mei-Hua Zhao, Bao-Jing Lu, Xiang-Yang Zhu, Shang-Biao Lu, Ya-Chen Zhang, Jie Chen -- 4. Side effects of Shengmai San / Zhi-Min Xu and Ye-Zhi Rong -- 5. Phytochemistry and pharmacology of component herbs of Shengmai San / Siu-Po Ip, Timothy C.M. Tam and Chung-Tao Che -- 6. Contemporary applications of a traditional formula: manufacture of Shengmai San (SMS) preparations and their applications / Liang-Yuan Zheng -- Glossary.
- Sherris Medical microbiology. 5th ed. 2010, AccessMedicineThe nature of infection / Kenneth J. Ryan and C. George Ray -- Pathogenic viruses / Nafees Ahmad, C. George Ray, and W. Lawrence Drew -- Pathogenic bacteria / Kenneth J. Ryan and W. Lawrence Drew -- Pathogenic fungi / Kenneth J. Ryan -- Pathogenic parasites / C. George Ray and James J. Plorde -- Clinical aspects of infection / C. George Ray, Kenneth J. Ryan, and W. Lawrence Drew.
- Shields' Textbook of glaucoma. 6th ed. 2011, Ovid
- Short stay management of acute heart failure. 2nd ed. 2012, SpringerPart 1.Administrative and Regulatory Issues /Society of Chest Pain Centers' Heart Failure Accreditation /Kay Styer Holmes and Arlene Mavko --The Economics and Reimbursement of Congestive Heart Failure /Sandra Sieck --Regulatory Requirements in Acute Heart Failure /Nancy M. Albert --Quality and Operational Metrics in Heart Failure /Phillip D. Levy and Matthew A. Wheatley --Interaction of Performance Measurements, Staffing, and Facility Requirements for the Heart Failure Observation Unit /Valorie Sweigart and Karen Krechmery --Part 2.Pathophysiology and Demographics /Heart Failure: Epidemiology and Demographics /Karina M. Soto-Ruiz --Pathophysiology of Acute Decompensated Heart Failure /Ezra A. Amsterdam, Kathleen L. Tong and Richard Summers --Part 3.Emergency Medical Services and Emergency Department Assessment and Treatment /The Out-of-Hospital Management of Acute Heart Failure /Marvin A. Wayne, Vincent N. Mosesso and A. Keith Wesley --Dyspnea Assessment and Airway Management in Acute Heart Failure Syndromes Patients /Masood Zaman and Peter S. Pang --Volume Assessment in the Emergency Department /Anna Marie Chang and Judd E. Hollander --Diagnostic and Prognostic Biomarkers in Emergency Department Heart Failure /Yang Xue, Arrash Fard, Navaid Iqbal and Alan Maisel --Emergency Department Therapy of Acute Heart Failure /Phillip D. Levy --Part 4.Observation Unit Entry Treatment and Disposition /Observation Unit Admission Inclusion and Exclusion Criteria /Gregory J. Fermann and Sean P. Collins --Acute Heart Failure in Observation Unit Treatment Protocols /J. Douglas Kirk and Michael Clarke --Education Elements in the Observation Unit for Heart Failure Patients /Robin J. Trupp --Emergency Department and Observation Unit Discharge Criteria /Rachel Rockford and Deborah B. Diercks --Effective Discharge Planning /Ginger Conway --Outpatient Medication Titration in Acute Heart Failure /Khadijah Breathett and L. Kristin Newby --Part 5.Complications and Future Research/Drugs to Avoid in Acute Heart Failure: Contraindicated Medications and Interactions /James McCord --Implications of Atrial Fibrillation in Heart Failure Management /Chad E. Darling and Richard V. Aghababian --Implantable Cardiac Devices /Brian Hiestand and William Abraham --Heart Failure and Kidney Disease: Management in the Short-Stay Unit /Shahriar Dadkhah and Korosh Sharain --Heart Failure Research in the Emergency Department and Observation Unit /Candace McNaughton, Patricia Fick and Alan Storrow --Appendix:Shared Practice Examples /Kay Styer Holmes.
- Short stay management of chest pain 2009, SpringerEpidemiology and demography of coronary artery disease / S. Dadkhah and K. Sharain -- Financial impact of acute coronary syndromes: The need for new care delivery models / S. Sieck -- Why have a chest pain unit? / A. Annathurai and M.A. Ross -- Pathophysiology and definition of the acute coronary syndromes / E.A. Amsterdam, D. Diercks and J.D. Kirk -- Emergency department presentation / J.A. Holmes and S. Collins -- Risk stratification: History, physical, and EKG / A.B. Storrow, I. McClure and E. Harbison -- Cardiac markers: A chest pain center focus / R.H. Christenson -- Risk stratification using scoring systems / J.E. Hollander and A.M. Chang -- Emergency department disposition of patients presenting with chest pain / K. Owen and D.B. Diercks -- Short-stay unit requirements / L. Graff and iv -- Medical therapy in patients managed in a chest pain observation unit / J. McCord -- Provocative testing / J.D. Kirk, M.C. Kontos and E.A. Amsterdam -- Use of multislice CT and MRI for the evaluation of patients with chest pain / B. O'Neil, M.J. Gallagher and G.L. Raff -- Disposition from the short stay unit / C.A. Ghaemmaghami and W.J. Brady -- Examples of patient discharge instructions, ACS rule out protocols, and order sheets / K.S. Holmes.
- Short stay surgery 2008, Springer
- Short-course chemotherapy for tuberculosis 2005, Wellcome Trust
- Dementia, delirium and other neuropsychiatric disorders -- Eating disorders and sleep disorders -- Psychiatry and medicine -- Suicide and deliberate self-harm -- The misuse of alcohol and drugs -- Problems related to sexuality and gender identity -- Psychiatry of the elderly -- Drugs and other physical treatments -- Psychological treatment -- Psychiatric services -- Child psychiatry -- Learning disability (mental retardation) -- Forensic psychiatry.Symptoms and signs of psychiatric disorders -- Classification and diagnosis -- Assessment -- Ethics and civil law -- Aetiology -- Evidence-based approaches to psychiatry -- Personality and personality disorder -- Reactions to stressful experiences -- Anxiety and obsessive-compulsive disorders -- Somatoform and dissociative disorders -- Mood disorders -- Schizophrenia -- Paranoid symptoms and delusional disorders --
- Shoulder arthroplasty 2005, Springer
- Shoulder dystocia and birth injury. 3rd ed. 2009, SpringerPreconceptual risk factors / James A. O'Leary -- Antepartum risk factors / James A. O'Leary -- Role of ultrasound in shoulder dystocia / James A. O'Leary -- Intrapartum risk factors / James A. O'Leary -- Pelvimetry / James A. O'Leary -- Recognition of disproportion / James A. O'Leary -- Delivery techniques / James A. O'Leary -- The McRoberts maneuver / James A. O'Leary -- Cephalic replacement : the Gunn-Zavanelli-O'Leary maneuver / James A. O'Leary -- Infant injury / James A. O'Leary -- In utero causation of brachial plexus injury : myth or mystery? / James A. O'Leary -- Recurrent shoulder dystocia / James A. O'Leary -- Predisposing factors for shoulder dystocia-related birth injuries : causation analysis / Leslie Iffy, Joseph J. Apuzzio, and Vijaya Raju -- Recognition, classification, and management of shoulder dystocia : the relationship to causation of brachial plexus injury / Michael S. Kreitzer -- Minimizing the risks of shoulder dystocia-related fetal injuries / Leslie Iffy -- The maternal fetal medicine viewpoint : causation and litigation / Barry S. Schifrin and Wayne R. Cohen -- Brachial plexus injury at cesarean section / Michael S. Kreitzer and James A. O'Leary -- Delivery of the nondiabetic macrosomic infant / Lisa Gittens-Williams -- The midwifery view of shoulder dystocia / Judith S. Mercer and Debra A. Erickson-Owens -- Recent research : relevant and reliable / James A. O'Leary -- Observations on the etiology of brachial plexus birth palsy based on radiographic, intraoperative, and histologic findings / Stephen M. Russell, Israel Alfonso, and John A.I. Grossman.
- Shoulder instability 2011, Springer
- Shoulder. 2nd ed. 2004
- Shoulder. 3rd ed. v. 1-2, 2004.
- Shoulder. 4th ed. v. 1-2, 2009.
- Shrink! 2004
- "Provides informed practical means of achieving and sustaining zero transmission. It is designed as a road map, providing direction and options from which to choose an appropriate path. The Prospectus reviews the operational, technical, and financial feasibility for those working on the front lines and outlines the tools that can be considered for an elimination program." "[summary]"--Provided by publisher.
- Sick building syndrome and related illness 2011, CRCnetBASEChapter 1. Introduction / Walter E. Goldstein -- Chapter 2. Epidemiology and Health Effects in Moisture-Damaged Damp Buildings / Jean Cox-Ganser, Ju-Hyeong Park, Richard Kanwal -- Chapter 3. Mold Biology, Molecular Biology and Genetics / Edward Sobek -- Chapter 4. Products of Mold Associated with Sick Building Syndrome / Walter E. Goldstein -- Chapter 5. Mathematical Model of Mold Propagation and Product Formation in Building Materials, Inherent Transport Phenomena and Applications / Walter E. Goldstein, Willem A. Schreuder -- Chapter 6. Forensic Studies in Moldy-Damp Buildings / Philip R. Morey, Gary N. Crawford, Michael J. Cornwell, Brad Caddick, Tara Toren-Rudisill, Raoul Webb -- Chapter 7. Practices in Identifying, Remediating and Reoccupancy When Mold Occurs / Gary R. Brown -- Chapter 8. Analysis of Microscopic Contaminants in Sick Building Investigations / James Millette, Barb Epstien, Elliott Horner -- Chapter 9. Analytical Practice in Mold Identification and Solutions, Including Measurements and Sampling / Edward Sobek -- Chapter 10. Research and Development, Directions in Construction Practice and Summary Recommendations / Walter E. Goldstein.
- Just the facts: serious chronic disease in the last phase of life -- Seeing the world differently: ideas to shape reform -- Good care for some people, sometimes -- Surveying the terrain: opportunities and challenges -- Good care for us all: building the care system to count on.
- Sigma receptors 2007, Springer
- Signal analysis 2004, Wileych. 1. Signals: Analog, Discrete, and Digital, p. 1-108 -- ch. 2. Discrete Systems and Signal Spaces, p. 109-172 -- ch. 3. Analog Systems and Signal Spaces, p. 173-272 -- ch. 4. Time-Domain Signal Analysis, p. 273-382 -- ch. 5. Fourier Transforms of Analog Signals, p. 383-439 -- ch. 6. Generalized Fourier Transforms of Analog Signals, p. 440-481 -- ch. 7. Discrete Fourier Transforms, p. 482-553 -- ch. 8. The z-Transform, p. 554-584 -- ch. 9. Frequency-Domain Signal Analysis, p. 585-711 -- ch. 10. Time-Frequency Signal Transforms, p. 712-801 -- ch. 11. Time-Scale Signal Transforms, p. 802-872 -- ch. 12. Mixed-Domain Signal Analysis, p. 873-927.
- Signal processing for magnetic resonance imaging and spectroscopy 2002, CRCnetBASEPart I. Image Reconstruction and Restoration -- 1. Introduction to Image Reconstruction / Zhi-Pei Liang, Jim Ji, and E. Mark Haacke -- 2. Wavelet-Based Multiresolution Local Tomography / E. Rashid-Farrokhi and K.J.R. Liu -- 3. The Point Spread Function of Convolution Regridding Reconstruction / Gordon E. Sarty -- 4. Mapping Motion and Strain with MRI / Yudong Zhu -- 5. Rotational Motion Artifact Correction Based on Fuzzy Projection onto Convex Sets / Chaminda Weerasinghe, Lilian Ji, and Hong Yan -- 6. Tagged MR Cardiac Imaging / Nikolaos V Tsekos and Amir A. Amini -- 7. Functional MR Image Visualization and Signal Processing Methods / Alex R. Wade, Brian A. Wandell, and Thomas P. Burg --Part II. Image Segmentation and Analysis -- 8. Multiscale Segmentation of Volumetric MR Brain Images / Wiro J. Niessen, Koen L. Vincken, Joachim Weickert, and Max A. Viergever -- 9. A Precise Segmentation of the Cerebral Cortex from 3-D MRI Using a Cellular Model and Homotopic Deformations / Yann Cointepas, Isabelle Bloch, and Line Garnero -- 10. Feature Space Analysis of MRI / Hamid Soltanian-Zadeh -- 11. Geometric Approaches for Segmentation and Signal Detection in Functional MRI Analysis / Guillermo Sapiro -- 12. MR Image Segmentation and Analysis Based on Neural Networks / Javad Alirezaie and M.E. Jernigan -- 13. Stochastic Model Based Image Analysis / Yue Wang and Tiilay Adal -- 14. Functional MR Image Analysis -- Shang-Hong Lai and Ming Fang -- 15. Tagged MR Image Analysis / Amir A. Amini and Yasheng Chen -- Part III. Spectroscopic Signal Processing -- 16. Time-Domain Spectroscopic Quantitation / Leentje Vanhamme, Sabine Van Huffel, and Paul Van Hecke -- 17. Multidimensional NMR Spectroscopic Signal Processing / Guang Zhu and Yingbo Hua -- 18. Advanced Methods in Spectroscopic Imaging / Keith A. Wear -- 19. Characterization of Brain Tissue from MR Spectra for Tumor Discrimination / Paulo J.G. Lisboa, Wael El-Deredy, Y.Y. Barbara Lee, Yangxin Huang, Angelica R. Corona Herandez, Peter Harris, and Carles Aris -- 20. Wavelet Packets Algorithm for Metabolite Quantification in Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy and Chemical Shift Imaging / Luca T Mainardi, Sergio Cerutti, Daniela Origgi, and Giuseppe Scotti -- 21. Cramér-Rao Bound Analysis of Spectroscopic Signal Processing Methods / Sophie Cavassila, Dirk van Ormondt, and Danielle Graveron-Demilly.
- Signal processing for neuroscientists. 1st ed. 2010, ScienceDirectLomb's algorithm and the Hilbert transform -- Modeling -- Volterra series -- Wiener series -- Poisson-Wiener series -- Decomposition of multichannel data -- Causality.
- Chapter 1. Basic Tasks of Signal Processing in Spectroscopy -- Chapter 2. The Role of Quantum Mechanics in Signal Processing -- Chapter 3. Exact Quantum-Mechanical, Pade-Based Recovery of Spectral Parameters -- Chapter 4. Harmonic Transients in Time Signals -- Chapter 5. Signal-Noise Separation via Froissart Doublets -- Chapter 6. Machine Accurate Quantification and Illustrated Signal-Noise Separation -- Chapter 7. Pade Processing for MR Spectra from In Vivo Time Signals -- Chapter 8. Magnetic Resonance in Neuro-Oncology -- Chapter 9. Pade Quantification of Malignant and Benign Ovarian MRS Data -- Chapter 10. Breast Cancer and Non-Malignant Breast Data -- Chapter 11. Multiplet Resonances in MRS Data from Normal and Cancerous Prostate -- Chapter 12. Recapitulation of Pade-Optimized Processing of Biomedical Time Signals.
- Signal processing toolbox for use with MATLAB. Version 6.6. SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.
- Part I. Introduction -- Introduction and Background, p. 1-27 -- Part II. The Basics for Conventional Multispectral Data -- Radiation and Sensor Systems in Remote Sensing, p. 29-90 -- Pattern Recognition in Remote Sensing, p. 91-192 -- Part III. Additional Details -- Training a Classifier, p. 193-236 -- Hyperspectral Data Characteristics, p. 237-271 -- Feature Definition, p. 273-321 -- A Data Analysis Paradigm and Examples, p. 323-380 -- Use of Spatial Variations, p. 381-417 -- Noise in Remote Sensing Systems, p. 419-442 -- Multispectral Image Data Preprocessing, p. 443-472 -- Appendix. An Outline of Probability Theory, p. 473-481 -- Exercises, p. 483-502.
- Signal transduction 2010, Springer
- Signal transduction in cancer metastasis 2010, Springer"The poor prognosis and high mortality for cancer patients are majorly ascribed to tumor metastasis, one of the most complicated pathological processes. Elucidation of molecular mechanisms for metastasis is essential for management and prevention of this lethal condition. In the book to be published, we take comprehensive review in regard with the signal mechanisms responsible for triggering a series of phenotypical changes of primary tumor which may lead to final colonization of the tumor in a second home. Specifically, the initial stage of tumor metastasis will be highlighted. The complex tumor microenvironment accumulate a lot of growth factors, inflammatory cytokines and extracellular matrix which may turn into a group of potent metastatic factors. An integrated and sustained signaling induced by these metastatic factors may trigger EMT, migration and invasion of primary tumor into surround tissue. Blockade of these signal pathways is the most effective approach for prevention of tumor metastasis. A lot of clinical trials are under way for this purpose and the outcome are promising. The expert reviews compiled in this book may encourage the researcher in this exciting field for future study."--Back cover
- Signal transduction in the retina 2008, CRCnetBASE
- Signal transduction pathways in autoimmunity 2002, KargerMachine generated contents note: 1 Regulation of SignalTransduction by the Fcy Receptor Family -- Members and Their Involvement in Autoimmunity -- Coggeshall, K.M. (Oklahoma City, Okla.) -- 30 The Role ofTNF/TNFR in Organ-Specific and Systemic -- Autoimmunity: Implications for the Design of Optimized 'Anti-TNF' -- Therapies -- Kollias, G.; Kontoyiannis, D.; Douni, E.; Kassiotis, G. (Vari) -- 51 CD40 Signaling and Autoimmunity -- Cheng, G. (Los Angeles, Calif.); Schoenberger, S.P. (San Diego, Calif.) -- 62 TGF-j: Receptors, Signaling Pathways and Autoimmunity -- Chen, W; Wahl, S.M. (Bethesda, Md.) -- 92 lnterleukin-2 Signaling and the Maintenance of Self-Tolerance -- Nelson, B.H. (Seattle, Wash.) -- 113 Role of the B7-CD28/CTLA-4 Pathway in Autoimmune Disease -- Chang, T.T.; Kuchroo, VK.; Sharpe, A.H. (Boston, Mass.) -- 131 AbnormalT Lymphocyte Signal Transduction in Systemic Lupus -- Erythematosus -- Kammer, G.M. (Winston-Salem, N.C.); Tsokos, G.C. -- (Bethesda, Md./Silver Spring, Md.) -- 151 Lyn/CD22/SHP-1 and Their Importance in Autoimmunity -- Blasioli, J.; Goodnow, C.C. (Canberra) -- 161 Regulation of Immune Responses by E3 Ubiquitin-Protein Ligases -- Fang, N.; Fang, D.; Wang, H.-Y.; Altman, A.; Liu, Y.-C. (San Diego, Calif.) -- 176 Keeping theT-Cell Immune Response in Balance: Role of Protein -- Tyrosine Phosphatases in Autoimmunity -- Mustelin, T. (La Jolla, Calif.) -- 191 Author Index -- 192 Subject Index.
- Signal transduction protocols. 2nd ed. 2004, Springer ProtocolsAssaying cytochrome c translocation during apoptosis / Nigel J. Waterhouse ... [et al.].Making protein immunoprecipitates / Elaine A. Elion and Yunmei Wang -- Signal transduction inhibitors in cellular function / Maofu Fu ... [et al.] -- Two-dimensional gel electrophoresis for the identification of signaling targets / Yukihito Kabuyama ... [et al.] -- A high-throughput mammalian cell-based transient transfection assay / Daniel J. Noonan, Kenneth Henry, and Michelle L. Twaroski -- Determining protein half-lives / Pengbo Zhou -- Assaying protein kinase activity / Jan Brábek and Steven K. Hanks -- Comparative phosphorylation site mapping from gel-derived proteins using a multidimensional ES/MS-based approach / Francesca Zappacosta, Michael J. Huddleston and Roland S. Annan -- Studies of calmodulin-dependent regulation / Paul C. Brandt and Thomas C. Vanaman -- Measurement of protein-DNA interactions in vivo by chromatin immunoprecipitation -- Hogune Im ... [et al.] -- Characterization of protein-DNA association in vivo by chromatin immunoprecipitation / Laurent Kuras --Nonradioactive methods for detecting activation of Ras-related small G proteins / Douglas A. Andres -- Nucleocytoplasmic glycosylation, O-GlcNAc: identification and site mapping / Natasha Elizabeth Zachara, Win Den Cheung, and Gerald Warren Hart -- Techniques in protein methylation / Jaeho Lee, Donghang Cheng, and Mark T. Bedford -- Assaying lipid phosphate phosphatase activities / Gil-Soo Han and George M. Carman -- Assaying phosphoinositide phosphatases / Gregory S. Taylor and Jack E. Dixon -- Assaying phospholipase A₂ activity / Christina C. Leslie and Michael H. Gelb -- Measurement and immunofluorescence of cellular phosphinositides / Hiroko Hama ... [et al.] -- Measuring dynamic changes in cAMP using fluorescence resonance energy transfer / Sandrine Evellin ... [et al.] -- In vivo detection of protein-protein interaction in plant cells using BRET / Chitra Subramanian ... [et al.] -- Revealing protein dynamics by photobleaching techniques / Frank van Drogen and Matthias Peter --
- Signal transduction. 2nd ed. 2009, ScienceDirect"A reference on cellular-signalling processes, Signal Transduction second edition details the sources, key observations, and experiments that set the scene for recent and current scientific endeavour. Beginning with a historical overview, this book discusses how the concept of chemical messengers arose in the early twentieth century and shaped our current understanding of the action of hormones, cytokines, neurotransmitters, and growth factors." "The book further examines more complex signalling cascades, emanating from classic receptors, as well as adhesion molecules, involved in processes such as vision, smell, inflammation, innate and adaptive immunity, glucose homeostasis, cell-fated decisions, cell differentiation, and cell transformation. This revision concludes with a discourse on the targeting of signal-transduction cascades in the treatment of cancer and the structure of protein domains key to the assembly of signalling complexes"--Book jacket.
- Signaling by toll-like receptors 2008, CRCnetBASEAssessing the response of cells to TLR stimulation / Kiyoshi Takeda, Masahiro Yamamoto, and Kenya Honda -- TLR ligands in experimental settings their purity and specificity / Min-Fu Tsan -- Analysis of TLR expression, regulation, and signaling / Hui Xiao, Xiaoxia Li, and Derek W. Abbott -- Intracellular trafficking of toll-like receptors / Harald Husebye ... [et al.] -- The role of small RhoGTPases in TLR signaling / Monica Ruse and Ulla G. Knaus --Use of engineered [beta]-lactamase fragment complementation to detect the associations of toll-like receptors and signaling adaptors / Hyun-Ku Lee and Peter S. Tobias -- Use of toll-like receptor chimeras to dissect mechanisms of receptor localization and signaling / Tadashi Nishiya and Anthony L. DeFranco -- Engagement of toll-like receptors modulates chemokine receptor signaling / Chong-Shan Shi and John H. Kehrl -- Role of toll-like receptor signaling in central nervous system infections / Tammy Kielian -- The influence of injury on toll-like receptor responses / Thomas J. Murphy ... [et al.].
- Signaling in the heart 2011, SpringerTools to Study Signaling -- Cell-Cycle Signaling, Epigenetics, and Nuclear Function -- Signaling in the Endothelium -- Rapid Signaling Pathways -- Growth Factors Signaling -- Ion Signaling and Electrophysiological Function -- Lipid Signaling Pathways in the Heart -- Heart Mitochondria: A Receiver and Integrator of Signals -- Signaling Pathways in Cardiovascular Development -- Signaling in Congenital Heart Disease -- Signaling in the Aging Heart -- Signaling in Endomyocarditis -- Signaling in Hypertension -- Gene Expression and Signaling Pathways in Myocardial Ischemia -- Signaling in Hypertrophy and Heart Failure -- Signaling in Diabetes and Metabolic Syndrome -- Dysrhythmias/Channelopathies and Signaling Pathways -- Signaling in Atherosclerosis -- Stem Cells Signaling Pathways in the Heart -- Cardioprotection and Signaling Pathways -- Targeting Signaling Pathways -- Signaling and the Frontiers Ahead.
- Targeting receptor tyrosine kinase mutations in cancer / Mark Pearson and Doriano Fabbro -- The RET proto-oncogene: a valuable target for thyroid cancer therapy / Brigitte M. Pützer -- Inhibitors of HER/erbB receptors: biological bases and clinical applications / Vincenzo Damiano ... [et al.] -- Phosphatases as promising targets for cancer therapy / Marc Creus and Heinz Zoller -- Targeting the mTOR pathway for cancer therapy / Sabita Sankar -- Targeting MAP kinase signaling pathways for the treatment of cancer / Maria Julia Marinissen and Mario Chiariello -- Cell death-based therapy / Gerolama Condorelli ... [et al.] -- Signaling molecules and therapeutic targets in gliomas / Hrvoje Miletic, Parisa Monfared and Andreas H. Jacobs -- Identifying and targeting genes involved in childhood leukemia / Jenny Yeung and Hugh J.M. Brady -- Receptor binding peptides for receptor mediated endoradiotherapy in oncology / Walter Mier, Uwe Haberkorn and Michael Eisenhut.
- Signaling pathways and molecular mediators in metastasis 2012, Springer
- Signaling pathways in cancer pathogenesis and therapy 2012, Springer
- Signaling pathways in liver diseases 2005, Springer
- Signaling pathways in liver diseases. 2nd ed. 2010, Springer
- Signaling pathways in squamous cancer 2011, Springer
- Signals and images 2008, Springer
- Signposts to chiral drugs 2011, Springer
- Signs in MR-mammography 2008, Springer
- Silent waves 2004
- Simplified facial rejuvenation 2008, Springer
- Simulation for designing clinical trials 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Simulation training in laparoscopy and robotic surgery 2012, SpringerLessons Learned from the Aviation Industry: Surgical Checklists /Stig Müller and Hitendra R. H. Patel --Human Factors, Nontechnical Skills, and Surgical Training /Stig Müller, Waleed Al-Singary and Hitendra R. H. Patel --Current State of Laparoscopic and Robotic Surgery /Jens J. Rassweiler, Marcel Hruza, Thomas Frede and Salvatore Micali --Simulation and Training in Minimally Invasive Surgery /Sonal Arora, Shabnam Undre and Roger Kneebone --Value of Virtual Reality in Medical Education /Amina A. Bouhelal, Hitendra R. H. Patel and Bijendra Patel --The MIMIC Virtual Reality Trainer: Stepping into Three-Dimensional, Binocular, Robotic Simulation /Steven M. Lucas and Chandru P. Sundaram --Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Skills Acquisition and Procedural Proficiency in Novices Using Virtual Reality /Amina A. Bouhelal, Hitendra R. H. Patel and Bijendra Patel --Lesson Learnt from the Military Surgeons Using Simulation in Trauma Surgery /Simon S. Fleming and John-Joe Reilly --Clinical and Educational Benefits of Surgical Telementoring /Knut Mague Augestad, Taridzo Chomutare, Johan G. Bellika, Andrius Budrionis and Rolv-Ole Lindsetmo, et al. --Portable Learning and Multimedia in Surgical Training /Narinderjit Singh Kullar, Stig Müller and Hitendra R. H. Patel.
- Simulink fixed point for use with Simulink. Version 5. SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.
- Single cell diagnostics 2007, Springer ProtocolsNoninvasive metabolic assessment of single cells / David K. Gardner -- Laser capture microdissection for analysis of single cells / Nobuki Nakamura ... [et al.] -- Fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) on single cells (sex determination and chromosome rearrangements) / Paul N. Scriven and Caroline Mackie Ogilvie -- Single cell PCR for PGD : methods, strategies, and limitations / Karen Sermon and Martine De Rycke -- Real-time quantitative PCR measurement of male fetal DNA in maternal plasma / Bernhard Zimmermann ... [et al.] -- Cell-free fetal DNA plasma extraction and real-time PCR quantification / Jill L. Maron, Kirby L. Johnson, and Diana W. Bianchi -- LATE-PCR and allied technologies : real-time detection strategies for rapid, reliable diagnosis from single cells / Kenneth E. Pierce and Lawrence J. Wangh -- Efficient isothermal amplification of the entire genome from single cells / Karen V. Schowalter, Jolene R. Fredrickson, and Alan R Thornhill -- Comparative genomic hybridization on single cells / Lucille Voullaire and Leeanda Wilton -- Generation of amplified RNAs and cDNA libraries from single mammalian cells / James Adjaye -- Real-time PCR to measure gene expression in single cells / Dagan Wells -- Gender determination and detection of aneuploidy in single cells using DNA array-based comparative genomic hybridization (array CGH) / Dong Gui Hui, Xin Yuan Guan, and Nicole Hussey -- Microarray technology for mutation analysis of low template DNA samples / Chelsea Salvado and David Cram.
- Single molecule biology 2009, ScienceDirectThe "single molecule" paradigm / Alex E. Knight -- Single molecule studies of myosins / Rachel E. Farrow ... [et al.] -- Single molecule experiments and the kinesin motor protein superfamily : walking hand in hand / Lukas C. Kapitein and Erwin J.G. Peterman -- Force-generating mechanisms of dynein revealed through single molecule studies / Kazuhiro Oiwa and Hiroaki Kojima -- The bacterial flagellar motor / Yoshiyuki Sowa and Richard M. Berry -- Single molecule studies of chromatin structure and dynamics / Sanford H. Leuba and Laurence R. Brewer -- Single molecule studies of nucleic acid enzymes / Samir M. Hamdan and Antoine M. van Oijen -- Single molecule studies of prokaryotic translation / Colin Echeverría Aitken ... [et al.] -- Single ion channels / David Colquhoun, Remigijus Lape, and Lucia Sivilotti -- Single molecule fluorescence in membrane biology / Lydia M. Harriss and Mark I. Wallace -- Single molecule microarray analysis / Jan Hesse ... [et al.].
- Single molecule detection in solution 2002, Wileych. 1. Single Molecule Detection in Liquids and on Surfaces under Ambient Conditions: Introduction and Historical Overview / Jörg Enderlein, Richard A. Keller and Christoph Zander, p. 1-19 -- ch. 2. Theoretical Foundations of Single Molecule Detection in Solution / Jörg Enderlein and Christoph Zander, p. 21-67 -- ch. 3. Conceptual Basis of Fluorescence Correlation Spectroscopy and Related Techniques as Tools in Bioscience / Jerker Widengren and Ülo Mets, p. 69-120 -- ch. 4. Surface-Enhanced Raman Scattering (SERS - A Tool for Single Molecule Detection in Solution / Katrin Kneipp, Harald Kneipp, Irving Itzkan, Ramachandra R. Dasari and Michael S. Feld, p. 121-144 -- ch. 5. Single Molecule Detection on Surfaces with the Confocal Laser Scanning Microscope / Martin Böhmer and Jörg Enderlein, p. 145-183 -- ch. 6. Spectroscopy of Individual Photosynthetic Pigment-Protein Complexes / J. Wrachtrup, T.J. Aartsma, J. Köhler, M. Ketelaars, A. M. van Oijen, M. Matsushita, J. Schmidt, C. Tietz and F. Jelezko, p. 185-229 -- ch. 7. Single Dye Tracing for Ultrasensitive Microscopy on Living Cells / Gerhard J. Schütz and Hansgeorg Schindler, p. 231-245 -- ch. 8. Single Molecule Identification in Solution: Principles and Applications / M. Sauer and C. Zander, p. 247-272 -- ch. 9. Studying Molecular Motors on the Single Molecule Level / Y. Ishii, A. H. Iwane, H. Yokota, Y. Inoue, T. Wazawa, M. Nishiyama, H. Tanaka, K. Kitamura and T. Yanagida, p. 273-292 -- ch. 10. The Chemistry of a Single Enzyme Molecule / Robert Polakowski, Michael Eggertson, Douglas B. Craig and Norman J. Dovichi, p. 293-301 -- ch. 11. Single Molecule Detection of Specific Nucleic Acid Sequences / Alonso Castro, p. 303-321 -- ch. 12. Single Molecule Detection in the Near-Infrared / Steven A. Soper, Musundi Wabuyele, Clyde V. Owens and Robert P. Hammer, p. 323-362.
- Single molecule tools. Part A, Fluorescence based approaches. 1st ed. 2010, ScienceDirectStar polymer surface passivation for single-molecule detection / Jürgen Groll and Martin Moeller -- Azide-specific labeling of biomolecules by Staudinger-Bertozzi ligation: phosphine derivatives of fluorescent probes suitable for single-molecule fluorescence spectroscopy / Anirban Chakraborty ... [et al.] -- Preparation of fluorescent pre-mRNA substrates for an smFRET study of pre-mRNA splicing in yeast / John Abelson, Haralambos Hadjivassiliou and Christine Guthrie -- Nanovesicle trapping for studying weak protein interactions by single-molecule FRET / Jaime J. Benítez, Aaron M. Keller and Peng Chen -- Droplet confinement and fluorescence measurement of single molecules / Lori S. Goldner, Ana M. Jofre and Jianyong Tang -- Single-molecule fluorescence spectroscopy using phospholipid bilayer nanodiscs / Abhinav Nath ... [et al.] -- Single-molecule spectroscopy using microfluidic platforms / Samuel Kim and Richard N. Zare -- Detection of protein-protein interactions in the live cell plasma membrane by quantifying prey redistribution upon bait micropatterning / Julian Weghuber ... [et al.] -- Analysis of complex single-molecule FRET time trajectories / Mario Blanco and Nils G. Walter -- Single-molecule fluorescence studies of intrinsically disordered proteins / Allan Chris M. Ferreon ... [et al.] -- Measuring the energetic coupling of tertiary contacts in RNA folding using single molecule fluorescence resonance energy transfer / Max Greenfield and Daniel Herschlag -- A highly purified, fluorescently labeled in vitro translation system for single-molecule studies of protein synthesis / Jingyi Fei ... [et al.] -- Watching individual proteins acting on single molecules of DNA / Ichiro Amitani ... [et al.] -- DNA curtains for high-throughput single-molecule optical imaging / Eric C. Greene ... [et al.] -- Scanning FCS for the characterization of protein dynamics in live cells / Zdenĕk Petrás̆ek, Jonas Ries and Petra Schwille -- Observing protein interactions and their stoichiometry in living cells by brightness analysis of fluorescence fluctuation experiments / Yan Chen ... [et al.] -- Detection of individual endogenous RNA transcripts in situ using multiple singly labeled probes / Arjin Raj and Sanjay Tyagi -- Single mRNA tracking in live cells / Hye Yoon Park, Adina R. Buxbaum and Robert H. Singer -- Single-molecule sequencing: sequence methods to enable accurate quantitation / Christopher Hart ... [et al.] -- Real-time DNA sequencing from single polymerase molecules / Jonas Korlach ... [et al.].
- Single molecule tools. Part B, Super-resolution, particle tracking, multiparameter, and force based methods. 1st ed. 2010, ScienceDirect
- Single nucleotide polymorphisms 2002, Springer Protocols
- Single subject designs in biomedicine 2009, Springer
- The new era of biology in singulo / T. Ha and P.R. Selvin -- Single-molecule FRET with total internal reflection microscopy / C. Joo and T. Ha -- In vitro and in vivo FIONA and other acronyms for watching molecular motors walk / P.R. Selvin, T. Lougheed, M.T. Hoffman, H. Park, H. Balci, B.H. Blehm, and E. Toprak -- Colocalization of fluorescent probes: Accurate and precise registration with nanometer resolution / L.S. Churchman and J.A. Spudich -- Alternating-laser excitation of single molecules / A.N. Kapanidis, M. Heilemann, E. Margeat, X. Kong, E. Nir, and S. Weiss -- Orientation and rotational motions of single molecules by polarized total internal reflection fluorescence microscopy / J.F. Beausang, Y. Sun, M.E. Quinlan, J.N. Forkey, and Y.E. Goldman -- Imaging gene expression in living cells at the single-molecule level / J. Xiao, J. Elf, G.-W. Li, J. Yu, and X.S. Xie -- Single-virus tracking in live cells / M.J. Rust, M. Lakadamyali, B. Brandenburg, and X. Zhuang -- Ultrasensitive imaging in live cells using fluorescent quantum dots / S. Courty and M. Dahan -- Imaging real-time gene expression in living systems / A.L. Wells, J.S. Condeelis, R.H. Singer, and D. Zenklusen -- Single-molecule imaging of stochastic signaling events in living cells / S. Matsuoka, Y. Miyanaga, T. Yanagida, and M. Ueda -- Fluorescence correlation spectroscopy in vitro and in vivo / E. Haustein and P. Schwille -- Optical traps to study properties of molecular motors / J.A. Spudich, S.E. Rice, R.S. Rock, T.J. Purcell, and H.M. Warrick -- High-resolution dual-trap optical tweezers with differential detection / C. Bustamante, Y.R. Chemla, and J.R. Moffitt -- Imaging and nanomanipulation of an actomyosin motor / S. Nishikawa, T. Komori, T. Ariga, T. Okada, M. Morimatsu, Y. Ishii, and T. Yanagida -- Single-molecule studies using magnetic traps / T. Lionnet, J.-F. Allemand, A. Revyakin, T.R. Strick, O.A. Saleh, D. Bensimon, and V. Croquette -- Probing polysaccharide and protein mechanics by atomic force microscopy / M. Rabbi and P.E. Marszalek -- Single-molecule analysis of nucleic acids and DNA-protein interactions using nanopores / M. Wanunu and A. Meller -- Single-molecule gold-nanoparticle tracking with high temporal and spatial resolution and without an applied load / A.R. Dunn and J. A. Spudich -- Advances in surface-based assays for single molecules / P.M. Fordyce, M.T. Valentine, and S.M. Block -- Hydrodynamic flow-stretching assay for single-molecule studies of nucleic acid-protein interactions / C.M. Schroeder, P.C. Blainey, S. Kim, and X.S. Xie.
- Singlet oxygen, UV-A, and ozone ScienceDirect
- Sinoatrial If current 2003, HighWire
- Sistema nervoso centrale. 2a ed. 2010, Springer
- Site-directed insertion of transgenes 2013, Springer
- Six Sigma for medical device design 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Six sigma in the pharmaceutical industry 2007, CRCnetBASEThe enormous initial mistake -- The origins of six sigma -- Evolution -- Revolution -- Paradox -- Action and reaction -- Close enough or on target? -- Make more-- faster! -- Case studies -- The camera always lies -- Keeping it simple -- Why use control charts? -- Average and range control charts -- Origins and theory -- Charts for individuals -- Practical considerations -- Improving laboratories -- Beyond compliance.
- Sjögren's syndrome 2012, Springer
- Sjögren's syndrome 2011, SpringerIntroduction -- A Note from Sweden: Recollection of Henrik Sjögren -- Myths, Pearls, and Tips Regarding Sjögren's Syndrome -- Providing Information to Referring Physicians and Patients -- Current Concepts on Classification Criteria and Disease Status Indexes in Sjögren's Syndrome -- Histopathology and Glandular Biopsies in Sjögren's Syndrome -- Imaging Technology in Sjögren's Syndrome: Non-invasive Evaluation of the Salivary Glands -- Genomics and Viruses in Sjögren's Syndrome -- Autoantibodies and Autoantigens in Sjögren's Syndrome -- B-cell Epitopes of Sjögren's Syndrome-Related Autoantigens Ro/SSA and La/SSB -- Neurobiology and Hormonal Control of Lacrimal and Salivary Gland Function -- Overview of Management of Dry Eye Associated with Sjögren's Syndrome -- Pathogenesis: Emphasis on Dry Eye and the Role of the Lacrimal Functional Unit in Sjögren's Syndrome -- Oral and Dental Manifestations of Sjögren's Syndrome: Current Approaches to Diagnostics and Therapy -- Etiology and Pathogenesis of Sjögren's Syndrome with Special Emphasis on the Salivary Glands -- Otolaryngologic Manifestations of Sjögren's Syndrome -- Extraglandular Manifestations of Sjögren's Syndrome (SS): Dermatologic, Arthritic, Endocrine, Pulmonary, Cardiovascular, Gastroenterology, Renal, Urology, and Gynecologic Manifestations -- Therapy of Dermatologic, Renal, Cardiovascular, Pulmonary, Gynecologic, Gastro-enterologic, Urologic and Fibromyalgia Manifestations Including Special Considerations at the Time of Surgery -- Current Treatment of Extraglandular Manifestations with Disease-Modifying and Immunosuppressive Agents -- Lymphoproliferation and Lymphoma in Sjögren's Syndrome -- Fatigue, Dryness, and Quality of Life as Clinical Trial Outcomes in Primary Sjögren's Syndrome -- The Neurological Manifestations of Sjögren's Syndrome: Diagnosis and Treatment -- New Approaches for the Management of Dry Mouth in Sjögren's Syndrome in Japan -- New Approaches for the Management of Dry Mouth and Dry Eye in Sjögren's Syndrome in Japan Dry Eye Part -- Sjögren's Syndrome in Australia: Clinical Practice and Research -- Primary Sjögren's Syndrome: Report from India -- Sjögren's Syndrome in China -- Sjögren's Syndrome in China -- Sjögren's Syndrome in Israel: A Scientific Point of View -- Looking into the Future-The EULAR Disease Activity Scores: Toward a Consensual Evaluation of Primary Sjögren's Syndrome -- Looking into the Crystal Ball: Initiatives from the Sjögren's Syndrome Foundation That Will Impact Patient Care -- Biological Treatment for Sjögren's Syndrome -- Looking into the Future-Emerging Therapies Based on Pathogenesis -- Into the Future: Autonomic Neuropathy, MicroRNAs, and Gene Therapy.
- Skandalakis' Surgical anatomy 2004, AccessSurgery
- Skeletal atlas of child abuse 2011, SpringerSkeletal examination method -- Skull fractures -- Rib fractures -- Fractures of the vertebral column, sternum, scapulae, and clavicles -- Long bone fractures -- Healing and interpretation -- Natural disease may mimic child abuse.
- Skeletal muscle plasticity in health and disease 2006, Springer
- Skeletal muscle repair and regeneration 2008, Springer
- Approach to trauma -- Trauma in adults : upper extremity -- Trauma in adults : axial skeleton -- Trauma in adults : lower extremity -- Trauma in children -- Imaging of fracture treatment and healing -- Approach to bone lesions -- Malignant and aggressive tumors -- Benign lesions -- Metastatic tumors -- Approach to joint disease -- Inflammatory arthritis -- Noninflammatory joint disease -- Developmental and congenital conditions -- Metabolic and systemic conditions -- Infection and marrow disease -- Postsurgical imaging.
- Skeletal trauma 2008, CRCnetBASEAn Epidemiological approach to forensic investigations of violations to international humanitarian and human rights law -- Differential diagnosis of skeletal trauma -- Blasting injuries -- Blunt force trauma -- Skeletal evidence of torture -- Sharp force trauma -- Gunfire injuries -- Variation in gunfire wounds by skeletal region.
- Skeletal trauma in children. 4th ed. 2009, MD ConsultSkeletal growth, development, and healing as related to pediatric trauma / Stephen L. Frick, Eric T. Jones -- Physeal injuries / Manoj Ramachandran, David L. Skaggs -- Pathologic fractures in children / Herbert S. Schwartz, Ginger E. Holt -- The multiply injured child / John H. Wilber, George H. Thompson, Jochen Son-Hing -- Fractures with soft tissue injuries / Sanjeev Sabharwal, Fred F. Behrens -- Complications of fractures in children / Robert N. Hensinger -- Outcomes assessment in children with fractures / James G. Wright, Nancy L. Young -- Fractures and dislocations of the forearm, wrist, and hand / Martin Dolan, Peter M. Waters -- Fractures and dislocations about the elbow / Neil E. Green, Nathan L. Van Zeeland --Fractures and dislocations about the shoulder / James F. Mooney III, Lawrence X. Webb -- Fractures of the spine / Gregory A. Mencio, Clinton J. Devin -- Fractures and dislocations about the hips and pelvis / Marc F. Swiontkowski -- Fractures of the femoral shaft / Jeffrey Shilt -- Fractures and dislocations about the knee / Lewis E. Zionts -- Fractures of the tibula and fibula / George H. Thompson, Jochen Son-Hing -- Fractures and dislocations of the foot and ankle / Alvin H. Crawford, Mohammed J. Al-Sayyad, Charles T. Mehlman -- Nonaccidental trauma / Jeffrey Shilt, Neil E. Green, Kathryn E. Cramer -- Anesthesia and analgesia for the ambulatory management of children's fractures / Eric C. McCarty, Gregory A. Mencio -- Rehabilitation of the child with multiple injuries / Louise Z. Spierre ... [et al.] -- Skeletal trauma in young adults / Kevin Shea, Eric W. Edmonds, Henry Chambers.
- Skeletal trauma. 4th ed. 2009, MD Consultv. 1. General principles, spine, pelvis -- v. 2. Upper extremity, lower extremity.
- Skeleton 2004Chondrogenesis, chondrocytes, and cartilage -- Molecular basis of cell-cell interaction and signaling in mesenchymal chondrogenesis / Rocky S. Tuan -- Chondrocyte cell fate determination in response to bone morphogenic protein signaling / Lillian Shum ... [et al.] -- Regulation of chondrocyte differentiation / Andreia M. Ionescu, M. Hicham Drissi, and Regis J. O'Keefe -- Continuous expression of Cbfa1 in nonhypertrophic chondrocytes uncovers its ability to induce hypertrophic chondrocyte differentiation and partially rescues Cbfa1-deficient mice / Shu Takeda ...[et al.] -- Molecular biology and biosynthesis of collagens / Johanna Myllyharju -- Mechanotransduction pathways in cartilage / Qian Chen -- Control of skeletal development --Computer simulations of cancellous bone remodeling / J.C. van der Linden, Harrie Weinans, and J. A. N. Verhaar -- The effects of microgravity on skeletal remodeling and bone cells / Pierre J. Marie -- Bone mineralization -- Quantitative analyses of the development of different hard tissues / Siegfried Arnold, Hans J. Höhling, and Ulrich Plate -- Fetal mineral homeostasis and skeletal mineralization / Christopher S. Kovacs -- Control of osteoblast function and bone extracellular matrix and mineralization by vitamin D / Johannes P. T. M. van Leeuwen, M. van Driel and H.A.P. Pols -- Skeletal dysmorphology -- Role of Pax3 and PDGF-a receptor in skeletal morphogenesis and facial clefting / Simon J. Conway -- Genetics of achondroplasia and hypochondroplasia / Giedre Grigelioniene -- Effects of boric acid on hox gene expression and the axial skeleton in the developing rat / Michael G. Narotsky ... [et al.] -- Toxicant-induced lumbar and cervical ribs in rodents / John M. Rogers, R. Woodrow Setzger, and Neil Chernoff --Experimental skeletal dysmorphology: risk assessment issues / Rochelle W. Tyl, Melissa C. Marr, and Christina B. Myers.Molecular genetic analysis of the role of the HoxD complex in skeletal development: impact of the IoxP/Cre system in targeted mutagenesis of the mouse HoxD complex / Marie Kmita, Denis Duboule, and Jùzsef Zakany -- Control of development and homeostasis via regulation of BMP, Wnt, and hedgehog signaling / Renee Hackenmiller, Catherine Degnin, and Jan Christian -- FgF4 and skeletal morphogenesis / Valerie Ngu-Muller ... [et al.] -- Retinoid signaling and skeletal development / Andrea D. Weston and T. Michael Underhill --Retinoids and Indian hedgehog orchestrate long bone development / Maurizio Pacifici, Eleanor Golden, and Eiki Koyama -- Osteoblastic cell differentiation -- Synergy between osteogenic protein-1 and osteotropic factors in the stimulation of rat osteoblastic cell differentiation / John C. Lee and Lee-Chuan Yeh -- Bone morphogenic proteins, osteoblast differentiation, and cell survival during osteogenesis / Cun-Yu Wang -- Osteoclast differentiation / Sakamuri V. Reddy and G. David Roodman -- Bone induction, growth, and remodeling -- Soluble signals and insoluble substrata: novel molecular cues instructing the induction of bone / Ugo Ripamonti ... [et al.] -- Perichondrial and periosteal regulation of endochondral growth / Dana L. Di Nino and Thomas F. Linsenmayer --
- Skeptic's guide to the mind 2013, Click LINK above for location/circulation status."What if what we consider to be reason-based, deliberative judgment is really the product of involuntary mental sensations? In A Skeptic's Guide to the Mind, Dr. Robert Burton takes a close look at the key false assumptions that permeate the field of cognitive science and offers a new way of exploring how our brains generate thought. The essential paradox that drives this cutting-edge theory is that the same mechanisms that prevent understanding the mind also generate a sense that we can attain such understanding. In A Skeptic's Guide to the Mind, Burton presents his theory of the 'mental sensory system'--a system that generates the main components of consciousness: a sense of self, a sense of choice and free will, and how we make moral decisions. Bringing together anecdotes, practical thought experiments, and cutting-edge neuroscience to show how these various strands of thought and mental sensations interact, A Skeptic's Guide to the Mind offers a powerful tool for knowing what we can and cannot say about the mind; how to discern good from bad cognitive science studies; and most importantly, how to consider the moral implications of these studies. This is a pathbreaking model for considering the interaction between conscious and unconscious thought."-- Provided by publisher.
- Skin aging 2006, Springer1. Recent Demographic Changes and Consequences for Dermatology / Ursula Krämer and Tamara Schikowski, p. 1-8 -- 2. Clinical and Histological Features of Intrinsic versus Extrinsic Skin Aging / Mina Yaar, p. 9-21 -- 3. Ethnic Differences in Skin Aging / Erwin Tschachler and Frederique Morizot, p. 23-31 -- 4. Photoaging of Skin / Jean Krutmann and Barbara Gilchrest, p. 33-43 -- 5. Premature Skin Aging by Infrared Radiation, Tobacco Smoke and Ozone / Peter Schroeder, Stefan Schieke and Akimichi Morita, p. 45-53 -- 6. The Role of Hormones in Intrinsic Aging / Christos Zouboulis and Evgenia Makrantonaki, p. 55-64 -- 7. Permeability and Antioxidant Barriers in Aged Epidermis / Jens Thiele, Chantal Barland, Ruby Ghadially and Peter Elias, p. 65-79 -- 8. Clarifying the Vitamin D Controversy: The Health Benefits of Supplementation by Diet Versus Sunshine / Deon Wolpowitz and Barbara Gilchrest, p. 81-102 -- 9. Modern Photoprotection of Human Skin / Jean Krutmann and Daniel Yarosh, p. 103-112 -- 10. Vitamins and Polyphenols in Systemic Photoprotection / Wilhelm Stahl, Hasan Mukhtar, Farrukh Afaq and Helmut Sies, p. 113-121 -- 11. Hormone Replacement Therapy and Skin Aging / Glenda Hall and Tania Phillips, p. 123-132 -- 12. Skin Aging in Three Dimensions / Niels Krejci-Papa and Robert Langdon, p. 133-142 -- 13. Retinoid Therapy for Photoaging / Laure Rittié, Gary Fisher and John Voorhees, p. 143-156 -- 14. Topical Photodynamic Therapy / Dany Touma and Rolf-Markus Szeimies, p. 157-166 -- 15. Botulinum Toxin, Fillers, Peels: The Scientific View / Nanna Schürer, p. 167-184 -- 16. Lasers / Roland Kaufmann and Christian Beier, p. 185-194.
- Skin cancer 2011, Springer
- Skin cancer after organ transplantation 2009, Springer
- Skin cancer management 2010, SpringerBiopsy techniques and interpretation / Deborah F. MacFarlane and Ronald P. Rapini -- Topical therapies for nonmelanoma skin cancers / Abel Torres and Tejas Desai -- Chemical peels for precancerous skin lesions / Gary D. Monheit and Chad L. Prather -- Photodynamic therapy / Nathalie C. Zeitouni, Allan Oseroff, and David J. Najarian -- Intralesional and perilesional treatment of skin cancers / Christopher J. Arpey, Nicole M. Annest, Stephen B. Tucker, Ronald P. Rapini, and Deborah F. MacFarlane -- Electrodesiccation and curettage / Gloria F. Graham -- Cryosurgery / Gloria F. Graham -- Optimizing surgical outcomes / Thomas Stasko and Amy Ross -- Anesthesia / Susannah L. Collier and George J. Hruza -- Excision techniques, staples, and sutures / Mollie A. MacCormack -- Mohs surgery / Desiree Ratner and Jennifer L. MacGregor -- Cutaneous flaps / Tatyana Humphreys -- Techniques in skin grafting / Deborah F. MacFarlane -- Nail surgery and malignant tumors of the nail unit / Deborah F. MacFarlane and Richard K. Scher -- Practical management of melanoma / Mark F. Naylor -- Skin cancer in skin of color / Brooke A. Jackson -- Management of skin cancers in solid organ transplant recipients / John Carucci and Dariush Moussai -- Imaging of head and neck skin cancer / Komal Shah, Jane Onufer, and Deborah F. MacFarlane -- Radiation oncology in skin cancer treatment / Susan L. McGovern and Matthew T. Ballo -- When to refer out / Daniel M. Siegel, Laura T. Cepeda, and Deborah F. MacFarlane -- Chemoprevention of skin cancer / Fiona Zwald and David Lambert.
- Skin cancer. 2nd ed. 2008
- Skin in systemic autoimmune diseases 2006, ScienceDirect
- Skin of color 2013, Springer
- Skin protection 2007, Karger
- Sleep 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Sleep and aging. 1st ed. 2005, ScienceDirect
- Sleep and Anesthesia 2011, SpringerSleep and anesthesia resemble in many ways at a first glance. The most prominent common feature of course is the loss of consciousness, i.e. the loss of awareness of external stimuli. However a closer look at the loss of consciousness reveals already a difference between sleep and anesthesia: anesthesia is induced by an anesthetic drug whereas we may fall asleep without external cause. Other questions may arise about the difference of the two effects: do we dream during surgery under anesthesia, do we feel pain during sleep? Essentially, we may ask: what is common and what are the differences.
- Sleep and quality of life in clinical medicine 2008, Springer
- Sleep and sleep disorders 2006, SpringerGABA[subscript A] receptor subtypes in sedation and hypnosis / Esa R. Korpi -- Sleep hippocampal theta rhythm and sensory processing / Marisa Pedemonte and Ricardo A. Velluti -- Monoaminergic mechanisms in the regulation of sleep-wakefulness: special emphasis on preoptic noradrenergic system / Vijay Ramesh and Velayudhan Mohan Kumar -- REM sleep function and brain monoamine regulation: an application of the search activity concept / Vadim S. Rotenberg -- Role of wakefulness area in the brainstem reticular formation in regulating rapid eye movement sleep / Birendra N. Mallick ... [et al.] -- The mechanistic relationship between NREM sleep and anesthesia / Laura E. Nelson, Nicholas P. Franks, and Mervyn Maze -- Time-dependent psychotropic drug effects: hints of pharmacochronomics, broader than circadian time structures / Haruo Nagayama ... [et al.] -- Melatonin interaction with BZ-Gaba[subscript A] receptors: implications for sleep induction / Lennard P. Niles -- Melatonin: a chronobiotic that not only shifts rhythms / Dieter Kunz and Richard Mahlberg -- Melatonin and human sleep / Irina V. Zhdanova -- Melatonin efficacy to treat circadian alterations of sleep in Alzheimer's disease / Daniel P. Cardinali ... [et al.] -- Pharmacotherapy for seasonal affective disorder / Timo Partonen -- Use and discontinuation of hypnosedative medications / Mirko Petrovic -- Long-term use of sleeping pills in chronic insomnia / Milton Kramer -- Risks of chronic hypnotic use / Daniel F. Kripke -- Effects of psychotropics on driving performance / Henry J. Moller, Colin M. Shapiro, and Leonid Kayumov -- Diagnosis, pathophysiology and treatment of hypersomnias / Sebastiaan Overeem and Michel Billiard -- Chronic disease and sleep architecture pharmacotherapeutic considerations / James J. Herdegen -- Benzodiazepines for sedation in infants and children / Eugene Ng and Vibhuti Shah -- The pharmacological management of fatigue and sleepiness in affective disorders / Karl Doghramji -- Next-day residual effects of sleeping medications on driving ability: a review of the literature / Joris C. Verster, Marinus N. Verbaten, and Edmund R. Volkerts -- Sleep and pain / Wilfred R. Pigeon, Hyung Park, and Michael J. Sateia -- Head injuries and sleep / Chanth Seyone and Babita Kara -- Psychopharmacological management of restless legs syndrome and periodic limb movements in sleep / Raed Hawa ... [et al.] -- A comparison of visual analog scale and categorical ratings in assessing the patient's estimate of sleep quality / Nava Zisapel, Ricardo Tarrasch, and Moshe Laudon -- The pharmacostrategy of treating sleep disorders in Parkinsonism / Jean-Jacques Askenasy -- The neuropharmacology of nightmares / J.F. Pagel -- The night eating syndrome / Grethe Seta Birketvedt and Jon R. Florholmen -- Drug effects on dreaming / Mehmet Yucel Agargun and Hanefi Ozbek -- Sleep problems in primary care / Alan G. Wade -- SSRIs and sleep in man / Sue J. Wilson and David J. Nutt -- Sleep and antipsychotic drugs in schizophrenia patients / Jaime M. Monti and Daniel Monti -- Sleep and epilepsy: from interrelationships to influence of antiepileptic drugs / Antonio Martins da Silva ... [et all.] -- Herbal medicines and sleep / Marcello Spinella.
- Sleep apnea 2006, KargerElectrical stimulation of the upper airways muscles / Randerath, W.J. -- Cardiac pacemaker therapy in sleep apnea / Schichtl, T., Pfeifer, M. -- Surgical treatment for obstructive sleep apnea / Boudewyns, A.N., Van de Heyning, P.H. -- Alternative therapies for obstructive sleep apnea syndrome : behavioral and pharmacological options / Smith, I.E. -- Central sleep apnea, hypoventilation syndromes, and periodic breathing disorders / Caples, S.M., Somers, V.K. -- Cardiovascular complications of sleep-related breathing disorders / Naughton, M.T., Sanner, B.M. -- Sleep-related breathing disorders in children / Amin, R.S. ... [et al.] -- Sleep-related breathing disorders in the elderly / Cooke, J.R., Ancoli-Israel, S. -- Sleep-disordered breathing in pregnancy / Sullivan, C.E., Edwards, N.Obstructive sleep apnea-hypopnea syndrome definitions of pathophysiology / De Backer, W. -- Oxidative stress--the culprit of obstructive sleep apnea syndrome / Lavie, L., Lavie, P. -- Genetics aspects of the obstructive sleep apnea/hypopnea syndrome / Riha, R.L. -- Upper airway muscles in obstructive respiratory sleep disorders / Svanborg, E. -- Obstructive sleep apnea : clinical presentation, diagnosis, and treatment / Yim, S., Jordan, A., Malhotra, A. -- Automatic positive airway pressure titration and treatment / Randerath, W.J. -- Treatment humidification in sleep-related breathing disorders / Benjafield, A.V., Richards, G.N. -- Oral appliances in the treatment of obstructive sleep apnea and snoring / Marklund, M.Sleep disorders and their classification--an overview / Lévy, P., Viot-Blanc, V., Pépin, J.-L -- Physiology of sleep and dreaming / Penzel, T., Kesper, K. -- Physiology of breathing during sleep / Schäfer, T. -- Physiology of the cardiovascular, endocrine, and renal systems during sleep / Peter, J.G., Fietze, I. -- History and questionnaires / Rühle K.-H. -- Objectifying sleepiness / Hein, H. -- Portable monitoring systems / Hein, H. -- Polysomnography / Penzel, T. -- Nasal, lung, and cardiovascular function tests / Galetke, W. -- Upper airway imaging in sleep apnea syndrome / Pinto Basto, R., Rodenstein, D.O. -- Upper airway obstruction in snoring and upper airway resistance syndrome / Kirkness, J.P. ... [et al.].
- Sleep apnea. 2nd ed. 2010Diurnal molecular rhythms : unrecognized critical determinants of cardiovascular health and disease / Michael J. Sole and Tami A. Martino -- Lower brainstem mechanisms of cardiorespiratory integration / Patrice G. Guyenet -- Mechanical interactions between the respiratory and circulatory systems / Sheldon Magder -- Respiratory and cardiac activity during sleep onset / John Trinder and Christian L. Nicholas -- Physiological effects of sleep on the cardiovascular system / Richard L. Horner -- Sleep apnea and alterations in glucose metabolism / Naresh M. Punjabi -- Oxidative stress, inflammation, and vascular function in obstructive sleep apnea syndrome / John Garvey ... [et al.] -- Obesity, sleep apnea, and the cardiorespiratory effects of leptin / Kenneth R. McGaffin and Christopher P. O'Donnell -- Influence of sleep and sleep apnea on autonomic control of the cardiovascular system / Krzystof Narkiewicz -- Epidemiological evidence for an association between sleep apnea, hypertension and cardiovascular disease / Yamini S. Levitzky and Susan Redline -- Treatment of hypertension in sleep apnea / Oded Friedman and Alexander G. Logan -- Sleep apnea and cardiac arrhythmias / Richard S.T. Leung and Clodagh M. Ryan -- Obstructive sleep apnea and atherosclerosis / Geraldo Lorenzi-Filho and Luciano F. Drager -- Sleep apnea and stroke / Massimiliano M. Siccoli and Claudio L. Bassetti -- Circadian rhythm of cardiac and cerebrovascular ischemic events / Dan Sprajja and Apoor S. Gami -- Quantitative models of periodic breathing and Cheyne-Stokes respiration / Michael C.K. Khoo -- Pathophysiological interactions between sleep apnea and heart failure / Dai Yamino, John S. Floras, and T. Douglas Bradley -- Prevalence and prognostic significance of obstructive and central sleep apnea in heart failure / Paula A. Lanfranchi -- Treatment of obstructive and central sleep apnea in patients with heart failure / Matthew T. Naughton and Michael Arzt.
- Sleep deprivation 2005
- Sleep deprivation 2005Perspectives / Wynne Chen and Clete A. Kushida -- History of sleep deprivation / William C. Dement, Clete A. Kushida, and Judy Chang -- Animal models of sleep deprivation / Joan C. Hendricks -- Sleep deprivation/fragmentation paradigms. Total sleep deprivation / Chiara Cirelli and Giulio Tononi. Partial and sleep-state selective deprivation / Carol A. Landis. Sleep fragmentation / Michael H. Bonnet -- Extrinsic factors affecting sleep loss/deprivation. Environmental influences on sleep and sleep deprivation / Kenneth P. Wright, Jr. Shift work / June J. Pilcher. Medications, drugs of abuse, and alcohol / Jonathan A.E. Fleming and Clete A. Kushida. Factors affecting test performance / Tracy F. Kuo and Clete A. Kushida -- Intrinsic factors affecting sleep loss/deprivation: cognitive, physiologic, and molecular associations. Attention and memory changes / Geneviève Forest and Roger Godbout. Cortical and electroencephalographic changes / Luca A. Finelli. Physiological and neurophysiological changes / Mahesh M. Thakkar and Robert W. McCarley. Metabolic and endocrine changes / Karine Spiegel, Rachel Leproult, and Eve Van Cauter. Thermoregulatory changes / Paul J. Shaw. Biochemical changes / Birendra N. Mallick, Vibha Madan, and Mohammad Faisal. Immunologic changes / Sarosh J. Motivala and Michael Irwin. Changes in gene expression / Chiara Cirelli. Criteria for classifying genes as sleep or wake genes / Priyattam J. Shiromani ... [et al.] -- Intrinsic factors affecting sleep loss/deprivation: psychiatric associations. Mood changes / Camellia P. Clark. Antidepressant effects / Joseph C. Wu ... [et al.] Personality/psychopathologic changes / Camellia P. Clark, J. Christian Gillin, and Barbara L. Parry -- Other intrinsic factors affecting sleep loss/deprivation. Age and individual determinants of sleep loss effects / Hélène Gaudreau, Julie Carrier, and Bwanga-Mukishi Tchiteya. Homeostatic and circadian influences / Joel H. Benington.
- Concept of sleep medicine and of neurosomnology / Antonio Culebras -- Disorders of development and maturation of sleep / Stephen H. Sheldon -- Sleep disorders associated with mental retardation / Michael J. Rack -- Insomnia in neurology / Federica Provini, Carolina Lombardi, and Elio Lugaresi -- Delayed sleep phase disorder and other circadian rhythm sleep disorders / Baruch El-Ad -- Narcolepsy / Claudio L. Bassetti -- Secondary narcolepsy / Thomas E. Scammell -- Hypocretin, hypothalamic system / Christian R. Baumann and Claudio L. Bassetti -- Idiopathic hypersomnia and recurrent hypersomnia / Douglas B. Kirsch and Ronald D. Chervin -- Motor disorders of sleep: periodic, aperiodic, and rhythmic motor disorders / Roberto Vetrugno and Pasquale Montagna -- Restless legs syndrome / Renata Egatz, Belen Cabrero, and Diego Garcia-Borreguero -- Periodic leg movements of sleep / Diego Garcia-Borreguero, Oscar Larrosa, and Renata Egatz -- Sleep in Parkinson's disease / Robert L. Rodnitzky -- Epilepsy and sleep / Bradley V. Vaughn and O'Neill F. D'Cruz -- Somnambulism, somniloquy, and sleep terrors / Rosalia Silvestri -- Rapid eye movement sleep behavior disorder / Mark W. Mahowald and Carlos H. Schenck --Obstructive and nonobstructive sleep apnea: the neurological perspective / Gulcin Benbir and Christian Guilleminault -- Sleep apnea and stroke / Antonio Culebras -- Sleep disturbances in dementia and other neurodegenerative -- disorders / Alon Y. Avidan -- Autonomic dysfunctions in sleep disorders / Pietro Cortelli and Carolina Lombardi -- Headache disorders and sleep / Antonio Culebras -- Sleep in traumatic brain injury and other acquired central nervous system conditions / Mark W. Mahowald -- Sleep disorders associated with multiple sclerosis / Antonio Culebras -- Sleep disorders and neuromuscular disorders / Antonio Culebras --Stimulant-dependent and hypnotic-dependent sleep disorders / Harold R. Smith.
- Sleep disorders and sleep deprivation 2006, NAPSleep physiology -- Extent and health consequences of chronic sleep loss and sleep disorders -- Functional and economic impact of sleep loss and sleep-related disorders -- Improving awareness, diagnosis, and treatment of sleep disorders -- Ensuring adequate diagnosis and treatment : access, capacity, and technology development -- Opportunities to improve career development in somnology -- Bolstering somnology and sleep disorders research programs -- Building sleep programs in academic health centers.
- Sleep disorders in women 2006, SpringerIntroduction / Hrayr P. Attarian -- Epidemiology of sleep disorders in women / Hrayr P. Attarian -- Workup of female patients with sleep complaints: a guide for mid-level health care providers / Diana Monaghan -- The impact of life cycle on sleep in women / Margaret Moline, Lauren Broch, and Rochelle Zak -- Normal reproductive and endocrine life stages and their impact on different sleep disorders / Rochelle Goldberg -- Delayed sleep phase syndrome in adolescents / John Garcia -- Defining, assessing, and treating adolescent insomnia and related sleep problems / Amy R. Wolfson, Alison Quinn, and Anna Vannucci -- Restless legs syndrome: an overview with an emphasis on women / David M. Hiestand and Barbara Phillips -- Nonhormonal treatments for insomnia / Catherine C. Schuman --Obstructive sleep apnea-hypopnea syndrome in premenopausal women / Kanika Bagai and Beth A. Malow -- Polycystic ovary syndrome and obstructive sleep apnea / Mira Aubuchon -- Women and excessive daytime sleepiness / Hrayr P. Attarian -- Parasomnias from a woman's health perspective / Carlos H. Schenck and Mark W. Mahowald -- Restless legs syndrome in pregnancy / Keith J. Nagle -- Evaluating insomnia during pregnancy and postpartum / Katherine A. Lee and Aaron B. Caughey -- Pregnancy and obstructive sleep apnea / Helena Schotland -- Restless legs syndrome and menopause / Nancy S. Collins -- Insomnia during menopause: sleep laboratory studies on insomnia associated with postmenopausal syndrome and hormone replacement therapy / Gerda Saletu-Zyhlarz ... [et al.] -- Obstructive sleep apnea and menopause / Grace Pien and Sigrid Veasey.
- Sleep disorders in women. 2nd ed. 2013, SpringerIn Sleep Disorders in Women: A Guide to Practical Management, 2nd Edition, a multidisciplinary panel of eminent researchers and practicing clinicians comprehensively updates the multifaceted aspects of sleep disorders in women at different stages of life, illuminating the unique impact that each reproductive and endocrine stage has on both normal sleep and sleep disorders. This title not only introduces primary care physicians and health care providers to the discipline of sleep disorders in women, it also will appeal to a broader set of specialists as it summarizes the latest, cutting-edge research and presents it in a succinct and clinically relevant manner. The goal of this book is to help physicians recognize the symptom patterns of sleep disorders in their female patients, guide them in diagnosing and treating these patients in a timely fashion, and help in the elimination of gender bias in sleep medicine research and care. An invaluable addition to the literature, Sleep Disorders in Women: A Guide to Practical Management, 2nd Edition again fills an important niche by being an accessible, comprehensive, multidisciplinary review on sleep disorders in women.
- Introduction / William C. Dement -- An overview of normal sleep / Sudhansu Chokroverty -- Sleep deprivation and sleepiness / Sudhansu Chokroverty -- Neurobiology of rapid eye movement and non-rapid eye movement sleep / Robert W. McCarley -- Neurophysiologic mechanisms of slow-wave (non-rapid eye movement) sleep / Mircea Steriade -- Neurotransmitters, neurochemistry, and the clinical pharmacology of sleep / Max Hirshkowitz, Mary Wilcox Rose and Amir Sharafkhaneh -- Physiologic changes in sleep / Sudhansu Chokroverty -- Circadian timing and sleep-wake regulation / Robert Y. Moore -- Sleep and memory consolidation / Matthew P. Walker and Robert Stickgold -- Dreaming in sleep-disordered patients / Rosalind Cartwright -- Polysomnographic technique : an overview / Sharon A. Keenan -- Electroencephalography, electromyography, and electro-oculography : general principles and basic technology / Thaddeus S. Walczak and Sudhansu Chokroverty -- Electrocardiographic technology of cardiac arrhythmias / Daniel M. Shindler and John B. Kostis -- Evaluation and monitoring of respiratory function / Reena Meara and Kingman P. Strohl -- Neuroimaging in sleep and sleep disorders / Martin Desseilles ... [et al.] -- Measurement of sleepiness and alertness : multiple sleep latency test / Thomas Roth and Timothy A. Roehrs -- The maintenance of wakefulness test / Karl Doghramji -- Clinical polysomnography and the evolution of recording and scoring technique / Max Hirshkowitz and Amir Sharafkhaneh -- Approach to the patient with sleep complaints / Sudhansu Chokroverty -- Classification of sleep disorders / Michael J. Thorpy -- Epidemiology of sleep disorders / Maurice Moyses Ohayon and Christian Guilleminault -- Human and animal genetics of sleep and sleep disorders / Stéphanie Maret, Yves Dauvilliers, and Mehdi Tafti -- Nutrition and sleep / Markku Partinen -- Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome / Christian Guilleminault and Michael Zupancic -- Positive airway pressure in the treatment of sleep apnea-hypopnea / Mark H. Sanders ... [et al.] -- Nature and treatment of insomnia / Charles M. Morin and Ruth M. Benca -- Narcolepsy / Christian Guilleminault and Vivien C. Abad -- Motor functions and dysfunctions of sleep / Wayne A. Hening ... [et al.] -- Sleep, breathing, and neurologic disorders / Sudhansu Chokroverty and Pasquale Montagna -- Sleep and epilepsy / Sudhansu Chokroverty and Pasquale Montagna -- Dreaming in neurologic disorders / Mark Solms and Susan Malcolm-Smith -- Sleep in psychiatric disorders / Peter L. Franzen and Daniel J. Buysse -- Sleep disturbances in general medical disorders / Sudhansu Chokroverty -- Circadian rhythm disorders / Mark W. Mahowald and Milton G. Ettinger -- Parasomnias / Jacques Montplaisir ... [et al.] -- Sleep disorders in the elderly / Sudhansu Chokroverty -- Sleep disorders of childhood / Richard Ferber -- Evolution of sleep from birth through adolescence, and sleep-disordered breathing in children / Timothy F. Hoban -- Women's sleep / Helen S. Driver and Eileen P. Sloan -- Sleep-related violence : forensic medicine issues / Mark W. Mahowald and Carlos H. Schenck.
- Sleep disorders. Part I-II pt. 1-2, 2011., ScienceDirectpt. 2, 2011 ScienceDirect
- Sleep loss and obesity 2012, SpringerCircadian Clock Genes and the Regulation of Sleep /Thomas Curie and Paul Franken --Clock Genes and Energy Metabolism /Hee-Kyung Hong, Wenyu Huang, Kathryn Moynihan Ramsey, Biliana Marcheva and Joseph Bass --Neural Circuitry Responsible for Sleep and Wakefulness /Roda Rani Konadhode, Dheeraj Pelluru and Priyattam J. Shiromani --Feeding as a Reward Mechanism /Ralph J. DiLeone, Nandakumar S. Narayanan and Douglas J. Guarnieri --Plasticity of Brain Feeding Circuits in Response to Food /Tamas Horvath --The Neurogenetics of Energy Balance /Martin G. Myers Jr. --Short Sleep and Obesity Risk in Children /Chantelle N. Hart, Elizabeth S. Kuhl and Elissa Jelalian --Circadian Misalignment and Sleep Disruption in Shift Work: Implications for Fatigue and Risk of Weight Gain and Obesity /Rachel R. Markwald and Kenneth P. Wright Jr. --Sleep Apnea and Obesity /Vidya Krishnan and Sanjay R. Patel --The Connection Between Sleep Loss, Obesity, and Type 2 Diabetes /Silvana Pannain, Guglielmo Beccuti and Eve Van Cauter --Sleep Disturbances: Impact on Risk and Severity of Diabetes /Kelly A. Holes-Lewis --Insufficient Sleep and Cardiovascular Disease /Susan Redline --Clinical Guidelines for the Evaluation of Adults with Obstructive Sleep Apnea /Lawrence J. Epstein --Pharmacological Treatment of Obesity /Dhiraj G. Kabra, Uma D. Kabra, Matthias H. Tschöp and Susanna Hofmann --Bariatric Surgery for Treatment of Obesity /Mark J. Perna, Thomas Karl Byrne and Chitharanja C. Pullattrana.
- Sleep-related breathing disorders 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Sliding filament mechanism in muscle contraction 2005, Springer
- Slip and fall prevention 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Slow brain oscillations of sleep, resting state and vigilance 2011, ScienceDirectSlow oscillations in perspective and in detail -- Slow brain oscillations of sleep, resting, state, and vigilance -- Electrophysiological correlates of sleep homeostasis in freely behaving rats -- Involvement of cytokines in slow wave sleep -- Sleep and resting state EEG-profile as heritable endophenotype and during development -- Genetic determination of sleep EEG profiles in healthy humans -- Developmental aspects of sleep slow waves: linking sleep, brain maturation and behavior -- Phasic events during slow oscillations -- Phasic modulation of cortical high-frequency oscillations by pedunculopontine neurons -- Slow oscillations orchestrating fast oscillations and memory consolidation -- Spontaneous neural activity during human non-rapid eye movement sleep -- Thalamocortical and cortico-hippocampal network interactions during slow sleep oscillations -- Neuronal plasticity and thalamocortical sleep and waking oscillations -- Infraslow (<0.1 Hz) oscillations in thalamic relay nuclei: basic mechanisms and significance to health and diseaes states -- Hippocampal-cortical interactions and the dynamics of memory trace reactivation -- Cortica synchronization and travelling of slow oscillations -- Long-range correlation of the membrane potential in neocortical neurons during slow oscillation -- Temporal dynamics of cortical sources underlying spontaneous and peripherally evoked slow waves -- Functional beliefs of slow oscillations during sleep -- Sleep and developmental plasticity: not just for kids -- Evoked electrical and cerebral vascular responses during sleep and following sleep deprivation -- Reduction of nocturnal slow-wave activity affects daytime vigilance lapses and memory encoding but not reaction time or implicit learning -- Infraslow oscillations in resting state network activity during sleep and wakefulness -- Spectral characteristics of resting state networks -- Modulation of the brain's functional network architecture in the transition from wake to sleep -- Spontaneous fMRI activity during resting wakefulness and sleep -- Infraslow oscillations, consciousness and performance -- Hypnotic modulation of resting state mMRI default mode and extrinsic network connectivity -- Multimodal neuroimaging in patients with disorders of consciousness showing functional hemispherectomy -- Roles of multiscale brain activity fluctuations in shaping the variability and dynamics of psychophysical performance.
- Smad signal transduction 2006, Springer
- Small bowel obstruction 2007, Springer
- Small for gestational age 2009, KargerChildren born small for gestational age : definitions and etiology / Wollmann, H.A. -- Diagnosis and management of in utero growth failure / Odibo, A.O.; Sadovsky, Y. -- Fetal growth restriction and the developmental origins of adult disease hypothesis : experimental studies and biological consequences / Krechowec, S.O.; Thompson, N.M.; Breier, B.H. -- Molecular genetic disorders of fetal growth / Chernausek, S.D. -- Birth weight and later risk of type 2 diabetes / Harder, T. ... [et al.] -- Low birth weight and optimal fetal development : a global perspective / Franko, K.L. ... [et. al.] -- Insulin-like growth factor/growth hormone axis in intrauterine growth and its role in intrauterine growth retardation / Kiess, W. ... [et al.] -- Clinical management of small-for-gestational-age babies / Knüpfer, M. -- Management of short stature in small-for-gestational-age children / Dahlgren, J. -- Puberty and adrenarche in small-for-gestational-age children / Hokken-Koelega, A.C.S. -- Neurological and intellectual consequences of being born small for gestational age / Tuvemo, T.; Lundgren, E.M. -- Low birth weight in developing countries / Qadir, M.; Bhutta, Z.A.
- Small group research 2012, Springer
- Small GTPases and their regulators. Part A-C pt. A-C, 1995., ScienceDirectFulltext pt. B ScienceDirectFulltext pt. C ScienceDirectpt. A. Ras family -- pt. B. Rho family -- pt. C. Proteins involved in transport.
- Small GTPases in disease. Part A-B pt. A-B, 2008., ScienceDirectpt. B ScienceDirect
- Small molecule microarrays 2010, Springer ProtocolsThe Expanding World of Small Molecule Microarrays / Mahesh Uttamchandani and Shao Q. Yao -- Construction of Photo-Cross-Linked Microarrays of Small Molecules / Naoki Kanoh -- Small Molecule Microarray : Functional-Group Specific Immobilization of Small Molecules / Hyang Yeon Lee and Seung Bum Park -- Detecting Protein-Small Molecule Interactions Using Fluorous Small Molecule Microarrays / Arturo J. Vegas and Angela N. Koehler -- A Method for Small Molecule Microarray-Based Screening for the Rapid Discovery of Affinity-Based Probes / Haibin Shi, Mahesh Uttamchandani, and Shao Q. Yao -- Nanodroplet Chemical Microarrays and Label-Free Assays / Dhaval Gosalia and Scott L. Diamond -- Nanodroplet Microarrays for High-Throughput Enzyme Screening / Kang L.D. Aw, Shao Q. Yao, and Mahesh Uttamchandani.The Application of the Chemical Array for Biological Study / Isao Miyazaki, Siro Simizu, and Hiroyuki Osada -- Peptide Arrays with a Chip / Alexander Nesterov, Edgar Dörsam, Yun-Chien Cheng, Christopher Schirwitz, Frieder Märkle, Felix Löffler, Kai König, Volker Stadler, Ralf Bischoff, and Frank Breitling -- In situ Chemical Modification of Peptide Microarrays : Characterization by Desorption/Ionization on Silicon Nanowires / Gaëlle Piret, Herv Drobecq, Carine Rouanet, Karim Chemlal, Anne-Sophie Debrie, Jean-Michel Hougardy, Françoise Mascart, Camille Locht, and Oleg Melnyk -- Peptide Microarrays on Coated Silicon Slides for Highly Sensitive Antibody Detection / Marina Cretich, Francesco Damin, Renato Longhi, Cecilia Gotti, Clelia Galati, Lucio Renna, and Marcella Chiari.Antibody Signatures Defined by High-Content Peptide Microarray Analysis / Antonia Masch, Johannes Zerweck, Ulf Reimer, Holger Wenschuh, and Mike Schutkowski -- High Density Peptide Microarrays for Proteome-Wide Fingerprinting of Kinase Activities in Cell Lysates / Alexandra Thiele, Matthias Weiwad, Johannes Zerweck, Gunter Fischer, and Mike Schutkowski -- A Peptide Microarray for Detecting Protein Kinase Activity in Cell Lysates / Xiaoming Han and Yoshiki Katayama -- Chemical Microarrays Constructed by Selective Attachment of Hydrazide-Conjugated Substances to Epoxide Surfaces and Their Applications / Sungjin Park, Myung-Ryul Lee, and Injae Shin -- A Microarray-Based Method to Perform Nucleic Acid Selections / Olga Aminova and Matthew D. Disney.
- Small molecules in oncology 2010, SpringerProtein kinase inhibitors -- Imatinib mesylate -- Erlotinib -- Axitinib -- Lapatinib -- Sorafenib -- Sunitinib -- Dasatinib -- Nilotinib -- Bosutinib -- Epigenetic modifiers -- Decitabine -- 5-Azacytidine/Azacitidine -- Cell cycle inhibitors -- Bortezomib -- Temsirolimus -- Danusertib (formerly PHA-739358): a novel combined pan-aurora kinases and third generation Bcr-Abl tyrosine kinase inhibitor -- BI_2536: targeting the mitotic kinase polo-like kinase 1 (Plk1) -- Other novel agents -- Imetelstat (GRN163L): Telomerase-based cancer therapy -- GDC-0449: targeting the hedgehog signaling pathway.
- Small RNAs 2006, Springer
- Small supernumerary marker chromosomes (sSMC) 2012, Springer
- Small-animal SPECT imaging 2005, Springer
- Small-molecule inhibitors of protein-protein interactions 2011, SpringerHydrogen-bonded synthetic mimics of protein secondary structure as disruptors of protein-protein interactions / M.J. Adler, A.G. Jamieson and Andrew D. Hamilton -- Small-molecule inhibitors of IL-2/IL-2R : Lessons learned and applied / C.G. Wilson and M.R. Arkin -- Small molecule inhibitors of the human papillomavirus E1-E2 interaction / P.W. White, Anne-Marie Faucher and Nathalie Goudreau -- Design of small-molecule Smac mimetics as IAP antagonists / Shaomeng Wang -- Small-molecule inhibitors reveal a new function for Bcl-2 as a proangiogenic signaling molecule / Benjamin D. Zeitlin and Jacques E. Nör -- Small-molecule modulators of c-Myc/Max and Max/Max interactions / Thorsten Berg -- Small-molecule inhibitors of the p53-MDM2 interaction / Binh T. Vu and Lyubomir Vassilev.
- Smallpox vaccination program 2005, NAP
- Smallpox, a history 2013, ebrary"Scientifically known as Variola major, the deadliest form of smallpox has plagued mankind since 'time immemorial.' This text chronicles the worldwide effects of the killer disease, with particular emphasis on the 19th and 20th centuries, including the devastations of the "speckled disease" during great armed conflicts"--Provided by publisher.
- Smart biosensor technology 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Smart polymers for bioseparation and bioprocessing 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Smart polymers. 2nd ed. 2008, CRCnetBASE
- Smith and Williams' Introduction to the principles of drug design and action. 4th ed. 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Smith's anesthesia for infants and children. 8th ed. 2011, ScienceDirect
- Smith's General urology 2008 (17th ed.), AccessMedicineFulltext AccessSurgery
- Smoking and tobacco control monographs v. 1-15, 1991-2003, NCI
- Snapshots of hemodynamics 2005, Springer
- Snapshots of hemodynamics. 2nd ed. 2010, Springer
- Social and economic control of alcohol 2008, CRCnetBASE
- Social capital and health 2008, Springer
- "The thirteen case studies presented in this publication describe experiences with implementing public health programs that intend to address social determinants and to have a great impact on health equity. They also document the real-life challenges in implementing such programs, including the challenges in scaling up, managing policy changes, managing intersectoral processes, adjusting design and ensuring sustainability"--Publisher's description.
- Social determinants of health among African-American men. 1st ed. Lane Catalog record"Serious disparities continue to exist especially with regard to African-American men who continue to suffer disproportionately from poor health when compared to other racial, ethnic, and gender groups in the United States. This book covers the most important issues relating to social determinants of health and also offers viable strategies for reducing health disparities." --Excerpts from publisher description.
- Social information transmission and human biology 2006, CRCnetBASEChapter 1. Introduction / Jonathan Wells, Simon Strickland, and Kevin Laland -- Chapter 2. An Introduction to evolutionary models of human social behavior / Kevin Laland and Gillian Brown -- 3. How niche construction contributes to human gene-culture coevolution / John Odling-Smee -- Chapter 4. State and value : a perspective from behavioral ecology / John M. McNamara and Alasdair I. Houston -- Chapter 5. An Agnostic view of memes / Robert Aunger -- Chapter 6. Biological ends and human social information transmission / Jonathan Wells and Simon Strickland -- Chapter 7. The Significance of socially transmitted information for nutrition and health in the great ape Clade / Andrew Whiten -- Chapter 8. Language : costs and benefits of a specialized system for social information transmission / Daniel Nettle -- Chapter 9. The Evolution of social information transmission in Homo / Steven Mithen -- Chapter 10. From cultural history to cultural evolution : an archaeological perspective on social information transmission / Stephen Shennan -- Chapter 11. The Uptake of modern contraception in a Gambian community : the diffusion of an innovation over 25 years / Ruth Mace, Nadine Allal, Rebecca Sear, and Andrew Prentice -- Chapter 12. Sex without birth or death : a comparison of two international humanitarian movements / John Cleland and Susan Watkins -- Chapter 13. Smoking and the new health education in Britain, 1950s-1970s / Virginia Berridge and Kelly Loughlin -- Chapter 14. The Demographic and health impact of the one child family policy / Therese Hesketh -- Chapter 14. Social trends and psychopathology / Roland Littlewood -- Chapter 16. Epilogue : memory, tradition, and teleology / Simon Strickland.
- Social neuroscience and public health 2013, SpringerTheoretical Perspectives.Picoeconomics in Neural and Evolutionary Contexts /George Ainslie --Neurophysiological Correlates of the Self-Regulation of Goal Pursuit /Inge Schweiger Gallo ... [et al.] --Temporal Self-Regulation Theory: Integrating Biological, Psychological, and Ecological Determinants of Health Behavior Performance /Peter A. Hall, Geoffrey T. Fong --Health Communication.Health Communications: Predicting Behavior Change from the Brain /Christopher N. Cascio, Sonya Dal Cin, Emily B. Falk --Neurobiological Bases of Self-Reference and Deliberate Processing in Tailored Health Communication /Shaun Ho, Hannah Faye Chua --Health Behaviours.Neurocognition and Medication Adherence in HIV-Infected Adults /Stella E. Panos ... [et al.] --Alcohol Consumption and Self-Regulation /Barbara Mullan --The Strength Model of Self-Control: Recent Advances and Implications for Public Health /Martin S. Hagger, Nikos L. D. Chatzisarantis --Incentive-Based Interventions: Historical Context and New Directions /Diann E. Gaalema, Alexa A. Lopez, Stephen T. Higgins --Social Connections, Socioeconomic Status and Stress.Social Relationships and Public Health: A Social Neuroscience Perspective Focusing on the Opioid System /Baldwin M. Way --Brain Functions Modulating Redistribution of Natural Killer Cells Accompanying Cognitive Appraisal of Acute Stress /Hideki Ohira --Alzheimer's Dementia and Lifestyle: Towards a Primary Prevention /Harald Walach, Martin Loef --Social Determinants of Self-Regulation Development /Ezequiel M. Galarce, Ichiro Kawachi --Exercise Neuroscience.Physical Activity, Cardiorespiratory Fitness, and Cognition Across the Lifespan /Edward McAuley, Sean P. Mullen, Charles H. Hillman --Brain Glycogen Decrease and Supercompensation with Prolonged Exhaustive Exercise /Takashi Matsui, Hideaki Soya --Resistance Training and Cognitive and Cortical Plasticity in Older Adults /Teresa Liu-Ambrose, Lindsay S. Nagamatsu --Methods Primer.Brain Imaging: A Primer /Lorin Elias --Survival Analysis in Social Neuroscience and Public Health: A Research Exemplar from the Field of Cognitive Epidemiology /Joel A. Dubin, Peter A. Hall --Neurobiological Facets of Food Craving and Consumption: Evidence From Neuropsychological and Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) Studies /Cassandra Lowe, Peter A. Hall.Picoeconomics in Neural and Evolutionary Contexts -- Neurophysiological Correlates of the Self-Regulation of Goal Pursuit -- Temporal Self-Regulation Theory: Integrating Biological, Psychological, and Ecological Determinants of Health Behavior Performance -- Health Communications: Predicting Behavior Change from the Brain -- Neurobiological Bases of Self-Reference and Deliberate Processing in Tailored Health Communication -- Neurocognition and Medication Adherence in HIV-Infected Adults -- Alcohol Consumption and Self-Regulation -- The Strength Model of Self-Control: Recent Advances and Implications for Public Health -- Incentive-Based Interventions: Historical Context and New Directions -- Social Relationships and Public Health: A Social Neuroscience Perspective Focusing on the Opioid System -- Brain Functions Modulating Redistribution of Natural Killer Cells Accompanying Cognitive Appraisal of Acute Stress -- Alzheimer's Dementia and Lifestyle: Towards a Primary Prevention -- Social Determinants of Self-Regulation Development -- Physical Activity, Cardiorespiratory Fitness, and Cognition Across the Lifespan -- Brain Glycogen Decrease and Supercompensation with Prolonged Exhaustive Exercise -- Resistance Training and Cognitive and Cortical Plasticity in Older Adults -- Brain Imaging: A Primer -- Survival Analysis in Social Neuroscience and Public Health: A Research Exemplar from the Field of Cognitive Epidemiology -- Neurobiological Facets of Food Craving and Consumption: Evidence From Neuropsychological and Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) Studies.
- What is social software? -- Blogs -- Blogs in libraries : practical applications -- RSS -- Wikis -- Online communities -- Social networking -- Social bookmarking and collaborative filtering -- Tools for synchronous online reference -- The mobile revolution -- Podcasting -- Screencasting and vodcasting -- Gaming -- What will work @ your library -- Keeping up : a primer -- Future trends in social software.
- Sociology for pharmacists. 2nd ed. 2003, CRCnetBASE
- SODEOPEC 2004, CRCnetBASEThe history of soaps and detergents / Luis Spitz -- Soap structure and phase behavior / Michael Hill and Teanoosh Moaddel -- Formulation of toilet, combo, and synthetic cleansing bars / Edmund D. George -- Comparison of palm- and tallow-based soaps : specifications, formulations, and performance / Ainie Kuntom and Luis Spitz -- Chemistry, formulation, and performance of syndet and combo bars / Marcel Friedman -- Laundry products in bar form / Jos L. Berna, Csar Bengoechea, and Alfonso Moreno -- Multicolored and multicomponent soaps / Luis Spitz -- Raw materials for sulfonation and sulfation : production, characteristics, and uses / Jos L. Berna -- Manufacture of methyl ester sulfonates and other derivatives / Norman C. Foster -- Household detergents production : technological evolution and trends / Icilio Adami -- Oleochemicals : physical constants, specifications, and product stability / Donald V. Kinsman -- Palm-based oleochemicals : overview and perspectives / Tian Lye Ooi and Hamirin Kifli -- New developments in liquid hand soaps and body wash products / Robert J. Jaworski -- Secondary surfactants for personal care applications / Minh V. Tong and Thomas J. Giese -- New anionic surfactants derived from olefin sulfonic acids / Paul D. Berger and Gregory P. Dado -- Personal care products based on cosmeceutical and nutraceutical ingredients / Shyam Gupta -- Certified organic personal care : an emerging market / Peter C. Murray -- Technical aspects of perfumery / Leslie C. Smith.
- Sodium calcium exchange 2013, Springer
- Sodium channels, pain and analgesia 2005, Springer
- Soft condensed matter physics in molecular and cell biology 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Soft drinks companion 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Software development and quality assurance for the healthcare manufacturing industries. 3rd ed. 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Software engineering foundations SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.
- Software solutions for engineers and scientists 2008, CRCnetBASE
- Software tools and algorithms for biological systems 2011, Springer
- Soil analysis in forensic taphonomy 2008, CRCnetBASENature, distribution, and origin of soil materials in the forensic comparison of soils / Robert W. Fitzpatrick -- Cadaver decomposition and soil: processes / David O. Carter and Mark Tibbett -- The role of soil organisms in terrestrial decomposition / David W. Hopkins -- Soil fungi associated with graves and latrines: towards a forensic mycology / Naohiko Sagara, Takashi Yamanaka, and Mark Tibbett -- The role of invertebrates in terrestrial decomposition: forensic applications / Ian R. Dadour and Michelle L. Harvey -- The decomposition of hair in the buried body environment / Andrew S. Wilson -- The decomposition of materials associated with buried cadavers / Robert C. Janaway -- Decomposition chemistry in a burial environment / Shari L. Forbes -- Potential determinants of postmortem and postburial interval of buried remains / Shari l. Forbes -- Principles and methodologies of measuring microbial activity and biomass in soil / Phil Brookes -- Methods of characterizing and fingerprinting soils for forensic application / Lorna A. Dawson ... [et al.].
- Solanaceae and convolvulaceae - secondary metabolites 2008, Springer
- Solid-phase peptide synthesis ScienceDirect
- List of illustrations -- Foreword -- Preface -- Acknowledgments -- Introduction: Fuller's arrival in Germany, 1905 -- The beginning: John Lewis Fuller, Norfolk, Virginia, 1830 -- A new life in Africa: Monrovia, 1852 -- In pursuit of a dream: North Carolina, 1889 -- Learning and teaching: Boston, 1897 -- The science of German: Munich, 1904 -- The doctor and the sculptor: Westboro, 1906 -- Pioneer in American psychiatry: Framingham, 1909 -- Contributions to science and medicine: Westborough, 1911 -- The later years: Framingham, 1933 -- Recognition of accomplishments: Boston, 1974 -- Epilogue: Washington DC, 2001 -- Appendix: publications of Solomon Carter Fuller -- Notes -- About the author -- Index.
- 1. The Genetics Revolution in the Life Sciences -- pt. I. TRANSMISSION GENETICS -- 2. Single-Gene Inheritance -- 3. Independent Assortment of Genes -- 4. Mapping Eukaryote Chromosomes by Recombination -- 5. The Genetics of Bacteria and Their Viruses -- 6. Gene Interaction -- pt. II. FROM DNA TO PHENOTYPE -- 7. DNA: Structure and Replication -- 8. RNA: Transcription and Processing -- 9. Proteins and Their Synthesis -- 10. Gene Isolation and Manipulation -- 11. Regulation of Gene Expression in Bacteria and Their Viruses -- 12. Regulation of Gene Expression in Eukaryotes -- 13. The Genetic Control of Development -- 14. Genomes and Genomics -- pt. III. MUTATION, VARIATION, AND EVOLUTION -- 15. The Dynamic Genome: Transposable Elements -- 16. Mutation, Repair, and Recombination -- 17. Large-Scale Chromosomal Changes -- 18. Population Genetics -- 19. The Inheritance of Complex Traits -- 20. Evolution of Genes and Traits.
- Somatic cell nuclear transfer 2006, SpringerNuclear remodeling and nuclear reprogramming for making transgenic pigs by nuclear transfer / Randall S. Prather -- Somatic cell nuclei in cloning : strangers traveling in a foreign land / Keith E. Latham, Shaorong Gao, and Zhiming Han -- Cloning cattle : the methods in the madness / Bjørn Oback and David N. Wells -- Centrosome inheritance after fertilization and nuclear transfer in mammals / Qing-Yuan Sun and Heide Schatten -- Developmental, behavioral, and physiological phenotype of cloned mice / Kellie L.K. Tamashiro ... [et al.] -- Nucleolar remodeling in nuclear transfer embryos / Jozef Laurincik and Poul Maddox-Hyttel -- Somatic cell nuclear transfer (SCNT) in mammals : the cytoplast and its reprogramming activities / Josef Fulka, Jr. and Helena Fulka -- Mitochondrial DNA inheritance after SCNT / Stefan Hiendleder -- Activation of fertilized and nuclear transfer eggs / Christopher Malcuit and Rafael A. Fissore.
- Somatic embryogenesis 2006, Springer
- Somatic lessons SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.1. Introduction: Narrativitzing the body -- 2. The Patient's body in Indian medical literature -- 3. Fever -- 4. Miscarriage -- 5. The King's disease -- 6. The Joy of life [Jīvānandanam] of Ānandarāyamakhin -- 7. Conclusion: Medical narratives and the narrativized patient.
- Somatosensory system 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Somatotrophic axis in brain function 2006, ScienceDirect
- Some non-heterocyclic polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and related occupational exposures 2010, IARC
- Somitogenesis Lane Catalog recordFormation and differentiation of avian somite derivatives / Bodo Christ and Martin Scaal -- Avian somitogenesis : translating time and space into pattern / Beate Brand-Saberi, Stefan Rudloff, and Anton J. Gamel -- Genetic analysis of somite formation in laboratory fish models / Christoph Winkler and Harun Elmasri -- Old wares and new : five decades of investigation of somitogenesis in Xenopus laevis / Duncan B. Sparrow -- Role of delta "like" in mammalian somitogenesis and vertebral column formation / Gavin Chapman and Sally L. Dunwoodie -- Mesp-family genes are required for segmental patterning and segmental border formation / Yumiko Saga and Yu Takahashi -- BHLH proteins and their role in somitogenesis / Miguel Maroto ... [et al.] -- Mouse mutations disrupting somitogenesis and vertebral patterning / Kenro Kusumi, William Sewell, and Megan L. O'Brien -- Defective somitogenesis and abnormal vertebral segmentation in man / Peter D. Turnpenny.
- Sonography. 8th ed. 2011Introduction -- Ultrasound -- Transducers -- Instruments -- Doppler principles -- Artifacts -- Performance and safety -- Review.
- Sound source localization 2005, SpringerIntroduction to sound source localization /Richard R. Fay and Arthur N. Popper --Directional hearing in insects /Daniel Robert --Sound source localization by fishes /Richard R. Fay --Directional hearing in nonmammalian tetrapods /Jakob Christensen-Dalsgaard --Comparative mammalian sound localization /Charles H. Brown and Bradford J. May --Development of the auditory centers responsible for sound localization /M. Fabiana Kubke and Catherine E. Carr --Interaural correlation as the basis of a working model of binaural processing: an introduction /Constantine Trahiotis, Leslie R. Bernstein, Richard M. Stern, and Thomas N. Buell --Models of sound localization /H. Steven Colburn and Abhijit Kulkarni.
- Sourcebook of models for biomedical research 2008, Springer
- Paleopathology and primitive medicine -- The Middle East in antiquity -- China and India in antiquity -- Greece -- Rome and Byzantium -- Europe, 500-1500 -- Medicine in the Muslim world and the Americas, 700-1500 -- The Renaissance and the scientific revolution: technical and theoretical change -- Europe, 1500-1800: health, disease, trauma, and society -- The nineteenth century: the development and spread of Western medicine -- The nineteenth century: change and upheaval -- The twentieth century: advances and challenges -- The twentieth century: new enemies, old nemeses -- A brave new century: dilemmas in twenty-first-century medicine.
- Soy in health and disease prevention 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Soy protein products. Rev. and expanded ed. 2001, CRCnetBASEChapter 1. Historical Aspects -- Introduction -- Importance of Soy Protein Products -- Chapter 2. Definitions and Methods of Preparation -- Introduction -- Soy Flours and Grits -- Partially Defatted Extruded-Expelled Soy Flours -- Textured Soy Flour -- Soy Protein Concentrates -- Textured Soy Protein Concentrates -- Soy Protein Isolates -- Structured Isolates -- Speciality Soy Foods and Ingredients -- Chapter 3. Protein Quality and Human Nutrition -- Introduction -- Factors Affecting Protein Quality -- Amino Acid Composition -- Amino Acid Requirements -- Digestibility -- Protein Digestibility-Corrected Amino Acid Score (PDCAAS) -- Evaluation of Soy Protein Products in Human Nutrition -- Evaluation of Soy Protein Products in Specific Foods -- Infant Formulas -- Meats and Fish -- Special Nutritional Products -- Mixtures of Soy Bean and Cereal Grains and Alternate -- Protein Sources -- Mineral Content and Mineral Bioavailability -- Sodium -- Bioavailability of Minerals (excluding Iron) -- Bioavailability of Iron -- Calories -- Nutritional Significance of Protease Inhibitors -- Chapter 4. Health and Soy Protein -- Introduction -- Coronary Heart Disease -- Calorie Control -- Dietary Fiber -- Additional Nutritional Issues -- Carbohydrates and Flactulence -- Immunochemical Properties -- Safety, Microbiology, and Sanitation Toxic Factors -- Microbiology and Sanitation -- Chapter 5. Functionality of Soy Proteins -- Introduction -- Functionality of Soy Protein Ingredients -- Soy Flours and Grits -- Soy Protein Concentrates -- Soy Protein Isolates -- Soy Protein Hydrolyzates -- Texture and Structured Soy Protein Products -- Textured Soy Flours and Concentrates -- Structured Isolates -- Chapter 6. Uses in Food Systems -- Introduction -- Bakery Products -- Milk Replacers -- Bread and Rolls -- Specialty Bread -- Cakes and Cake Mixes -- Cookies, Crackers, Biscuits, Pancakes, and Sweet Pastry -- Doughnuts -- Pasta Products -- Breakfast Cereals -- Dairy-Type Products -- Beverages and Toppings -- Infant Formulas and Special Nutritional Products -- Milk Replacers For Young Animals -- Meat Products -- Emulsified Meat Products -- Coarsely Chopped (Ground) Meats -- School Lunch and Military Uses -- Canned Meats -- Whole Muscle Meats -- Poultry Products -- Seafood Products -- Analog Products -- Miscellaneous Foods -- Chapter 7. Regulations Regarding Usage -- Introduction -- Meat and Poultry Products -- Bakery Products and Pasta -- Dairy Products and Margarine/Edible Spreads -- Formulated Foods -- Chapter 8. Future Considerations -- Introduction -- Economics -- References.
- Soybeans as functional foods and ingredients 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Space and life 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Space psychology and psychiatry. 2nd ed. 2008, Springer
- Space, time and number in the brain. 1st ed. 2011, ScienceDirect"The study of mathematical cognition and the ways in which the ideas of space, time and number are encoded in brain circuitry has become a fundamental issue for neuroscience. How such encoding differs across cultures and educational level is of further interest in education and neuropsychology. This rapidly expanding field of research is overdue for an interdisciplinary volume such as this, which deals with the neurological and psychological foundations of human numeric capacity. A uniquely integrative work, this volume provides a much needed compilation of primary source material to researchers from basic neuroscience, psychology, developmental science, neuroimaging, neuropsychology and theoretical biology."--Publisher's description.
- Sparking signals 2008, Springer
- Spastic forms of cerebral palsy 2010, SpringerCerebral palsy detection : from John Little to the present / Giovanni Cioni, Paola B. Paolicelli -- Guide to the interpretation of cerebral palsy / Adriano Ferrari, Silvia Alboresi -- Functional diagnosis in infants and in very young children : early predictive signs / Giovanni Cioni, Andrea Guzzetta, Vittorio Belmonti -- Motor defects / Adriano Ferrari -- Perceptive defects / Adriano Ferrari -- Praxic organization disorders / Simonetta Muzzini, Federico Posteraro, Roberta Leonetti -- Visual and oculomotor disorders / Andrea Guzzetta ... [et al.] -- Neuropsychological evaluation / Daniels Brizzolara, Paola Brovedani, Giovanni Ferretti -- Emotional, behavioral and social disorders in children and adolescents with cerebral palsy / Gabriele Masi, Paolo Brovedani -- Observing interactions / Sandra Maestro -- Critical aspects of classifications / Adriano Ferrari -- Kinematic classification / Adriano Ferrari -- Tetraplegic forms / Adriano Ferrari ... [et al.] -- Dysperceptive forms / Silvia Alboresi ... [et al.] -- Forms of diplegia / Adriano Ferrari ... [et al.] -- Forms of hemiplegia / Giovanni Cioni ... [et al.].
- Spatial cluster modelling 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Spatial distribution of microbes in the environment 2007, SpringerStatistical analysis of spatial structure in microbial communities / Rima B. Franklin, Aaron L. Mills -- Bacterial interactions at the microscale - linking habitat to function in soil / Naoise Nunan ... [et. al] -- Spatial distribution of bacteria at the microscale in soil / Arnaud Dechesne, Céline Pallud, Geneviève L. Grundmann -- Analysis of spatial patterns of rhizoplane colonization / Guy R. Knudsen, Louise-Marie Dandurand -- Microbial distributions and their potential controlling factors in terrestrial subsurface environments / R. Michael Lehman -- Spatial organisation of soil fungi / Karl Ritz -- Spatial heterogeneity of planktonic microorganisms in aquatic systems / Bernadette Pinel-Alloul, Anas Ghadouani -- The interrelationship between the spatial distribution of microorganisms and vegetation in forest soils / Sherry J. Morris, William J. Dress.
- Spatial epidemiological approaches in disease mapping and analysis 2009, CRCnetBASEGIS concepts and operations -- GIS and geographic data -- Spatial analysis software and methods -- Point pattern methods of disease analysis -- Areal methods of disease analysis -- Interpolation and associative analysis -- Initiating a GIS project in spatial epidemiology -- Current GIS research in health care and disease analyses.
- Spatial processing in navigation, imagery, and perception 2007, Springer
- Special procedures in foot and ankle surgery 2013, Springer
- Pattern recognition by B cells: the role of antigen repetitiveness versus toll-like receptors -- The multifunctional role of antibodies in the protective resonse to bacterial T cell-independent antigens -- The important anddiverse roles of antibodies in the host response to Borrelia infections -- A distinct role for B1b lymphocytes in T cell-independent immunity -- Secretory immunity following mutans streptococcal infection or immunization.
- Specialty and geographic distribution of the physician workforce-- What influences medical student and resident choices? 20091. What We Know About Factors Affecting Medical Student & Resident Career Decisions -- 2. Study Aims, Questions, Methods, Limitations -- 3. Outcomes of Current Physician Training -- 4. Debt -- 5. Title VII Effect, Personal Interests, and Experiences in Medical School -- 6. Return on Investment -- 7. Conclusions and Recommendations -- Appendices.
- SPECT in dementia 2003, Karger
- Spectral techniques in proteomics 2007, CRCnetBASEThe systems-based approach to proteomics and chemical proteomics / Daniel S. Sem -- Similarities in protein binding sites / Hugo O. Villar, Mark R. Hansen, and Richard Kho -- Survey of spectral techniques used to study proteins / Daniel S. Sem -- Capillary electrophoresis, mass spectrometry for characterization of peptides and proteins / Christian Neusüss and Matthias Pelzing -- Protein and peptide analysis by matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization tandem mass spectrometry (Maldi MS/MS) / Emmanuelle Sachon and Ole Nørregaard Jensen -- Characterization of glycosylated proteins by mass spectrometry using microcolumns and enzymatic digestion / Per Hägglund and Martin R. Larsen -- Surface-enhanced laser desorption/ionization protein biochip technology for proteomics research and assay development / Scot R. Weinberger ... [et al.] --An approach to the reproducibility of SELDI profiling / Walter S. Liggett ... [et al.] -- Mass spectrometric applications in immunoproteomics / Anthony W. Purcell ... [et al.] -- Near-infrared fluorescence detection of antigen-antibody interactions on microarrays / Sakanyan Vehary and Yeretssian Garabet -- Application of shotgun proteomics to transcriptional regulatory pathways / Amber L. Mosley and Michael P. Washburn -- Electrophoretic NMR of protein mixtures and its proteomic applications / Qiuhong He, Sunitha B. Thakur, and Jeremy Spater -- Characterizing proteins and proteomes using isotope-coded mass spectrometry / Uma Kota and Michael B. Goshe -- Surface plasmon resonance biosensors’ contributions to proteome mapping / Rebecca L. Rich and David G. Myszka -- Application of in-cell NMR spectrocopy to investigation of protein behavior and ligand-protein interaction inside living cells / Volker Dötsch -- An overview of metabonomics techniques and applications / John C. Lindon, Elaine Holmes, and Jeremy K. Nicholson -- NMR-based structural proteomics / John L. Markley -- Leveraging x-ray structural information in gene family-based drug discovery: application to protein kinases / Marc Jacobs ... [et al.] -- EPR spectroscopy in genome-wide expression studies / Richard Cammack -- Summary of chapters and future prospects for spectral techniques in proteomics / Daniel S. Sem.
- Spectroscopic data of steroid glycosides v. 1-6, 2006., Springerv. 2, 2006 Springerv. 3, 2006 Springerv. 4, 2006 Springerv. 5, 2006 Springerv. 6, 2006 Springerv. 1. Cholestanes, ergostanes, withanolides, stigmastane -- v. 2. Stigmastanes, furostanes, spirtostanes-- v. 3. Spirostanes, bufanolides, cardenolides-- v. 4. Cardenolides and pregnanes -- v. 5. Pregnanes, androstanes, and miscellaneous -- v. 6. Miscellaneous steroids and indexes.
- Spectroscopy of pharmaceutical solids 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Speech coding algorithms 2003, Wileych. 1. Introduction, p. 1-32 -- ch. 2. Signal Processing Techniques, p. 33-60 -- ch. 3. Stochastic Processes and Models, p. 61-90 -- ch. 4. Linear Prediction, p. 91-142 -- ch. 5. Scalar Quantization, p. 143-160 -- ch. 6. Pulse Code Modulation and Its Variants, p. 161-183 -- ch. 7. Vector Quantization, p. 184-226 -- ch. 8. Scalar Quantization of Linear Prediction Coefficient, p. 227-262 -- ch. 9. Linear Prediction Coding, p. 263-284 -- ch. 10. Regular-Pulse Excitation Coders, p. 285-298 -- ch. 11. Code-Excited Linear Prediction, p. 299-329 -- ch. 12. The Federal Standard Version of CELP, p. 330-352 -- ch. 13. Vector Sum Excited Linear Prediction, p. 353-371 -- ch. 14. Low-Delay CELP, p. 372-395 -- ch. 15. Vector Quantization of Linear Prediction Coefficient, p. 396-422 -- ch. 16. Algebraic CELP, p. 423-453 -- ch. 17. Mixed Excitation Linear Prediction, p. 454-485 -- ch. 18. Source-Controlled Variable Bit-Rate CELP, p. 486-500 -- ch. 19. Speech Quality Assessment, p. 501-506 -- Appendix A. Minimum-Phase Property of the Forward Prediction-Error Filter, p. 507-513 -- Appendix B. Some Properties of Line Spectral Frequency, p. 514-517 -- Appendix C. Research Directions in Speech Coding, p. 518-521 -- Appendix D. Linear Combiner for Pattern Classification, p. 522-530 -- Appendix E. CELP. Optimal Long-Term Predictor to Minimize the Weighted Difference, p. 531-536 -- Appendix F. Review of Linear Algebra. Orthogonality, Basis, Linear Independence, and the Gram-Schmidt Algorithm, p. 537-541.
- Sperm chromatin 2011, Springer
- Sperm competition in humans 2006, SpringerNo evidence for killer sperm or other selective interactions between human spermatozoa in ejaculates of different males in vitro (1999) / Harry D.M. Moore, M. Martin & Tim R. Burkhead -- Psychological adaptation to human sperm competition (2002) / Todd K. Shackelford ... [et al.] -- Semen displacement as a sperm competition strategy in humans (2004) / Gordon G. Gallup & Rebecca L. Burch -- Human female orgasm and male fluctuating asymmetry (1995) / Randy Thornhill, Steve W. Gangestad & Randall Comer.Sperm competition in humans / Nicholas Pound, Todd K. Shackelford, Aaron T. Goetz -- Why are there so many tiny sperm? Sperm competition and the maintenance of two sexes (1982) / Geoffrey A. Parker -- Sperm competition, male prudence, and sperm-limited females (2002) / Nina Wedell, Matthew J.G. Gage & Geoffrey A. Parker -- Human sperm competition (1984) / Robert L. Smith -- "Kamikaze" sperm in mammals? (1988) / R. Robin Baker & Mark A. Bellis -- Deformed sperm are probably not adaptive (1989) / Alexander H. Harcourt -- Elaboration of the kamikaze sperm hypothesis: a reply to Harcourt (1989) / R. Robin Baker & Mark A. Bellis -- Number of sperm in human ejaculates varies in accordance with sperm competition theory (1989) / R. Robin Baker & Mark A. Bellis -- Do females promote sperm competition? Data for humans (1990) / Mark A. Bellis & R. Robin Baker -- Human sperm competition: ejaculate adjustment by males and the function of masturbation (1993) / R. Robin Baker & Mark A. Bellis -- Human sperm competition: ejaculate manipulation by females and a function for the female orgasm (1993) / R. Robin Baker & Mark A. Bellis --
- Sphingolipid biology 2006, Springer
- Sphingolipids 2013, SpringerSphingolipids are lipid components of the plasma membrane in eukaryotic cells. They have an important function in signaling mechanisms in the cell. This book on sphingolipids provides insights into the basics of sphingolipid biology and drug development, with a particular emphasis on the sphingolipid derivative ceramide. In the first part basic functions of sphingolipids are described, as well as the genetics of important enzymes, sphingolipid metabolism and synthesis. The second part of this first volume focuses on drug development and pharmacology. The book is intended for scientists in pharmacology, biochemistry and cell biology with a focus on biomedical research as well as for clinicians working in pharmacology, oncology, cardiology, neurology and infectious disease. Together with Volume 216 by the same editors, the collection represents a unique, comprehensive work on sphingolipids, providing information on both sphingolipids' basic biology (including synthesis, metabolism and cell biology) and their important function in a (patho-)physiological context.
- Sphingolipids and metabolic disease 2011, SpringerSphingolipid metabolism and analysis in metabolic disease / Sarah E. Brice and L. Ashley Cowart -- Sphingolipids and cardiovascular diseases : lipoprotein metabolism, atherosclerosis and cardiomyopathy / Xian Cheng Jiang, Ira J. Goldberg, and Tae Sik Park -- Heart sphingolipids in health and disease / Marcin Baranowski and Jan Grski -- Blood sphingolipids in homeostasis and pathobiology / Samar M. Hammad -- Adipose tissue and ceramide biosynthesis in the pathogenesis of obesity / Fahumiya Samad ... [et al.] -- Sphingolipids and hepatic steatosis / Benjamin T. Bikman and Scott A. Summers -- Glycosphingolipids and insulin resistance / Johannes M. Aerts ... [et al.] -- Glycosphingolipids and kidney disease / Andrew R. Mather and Leah J. Siskind -- Sphingolipid synthetic pathways are major regulators of lipid homeostasis / Tilla S. Worgall.
- Sphingolipids as signaling and regulatory molecules 2010, SpringerAn overview of sphingolipid metabolism : from synthesis to breakdown / Christopher R. Gault, Lina M. Obeid, and Yusuf A. Hannun -- Sphingolipid transport / Laura Riboni, Paola Giussani and Paola Viani -- Sphingolipid analysis by high performance liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry (HPLC-MS/MS) / Jacek Bielawski ... [et al.] -- Ceramide synthases : roles in cell physiology and signaling / Johnny Stiban, Rotem Tidhar and Anthony H. Futerman -- Tales and mysteries of the enigmatic sphingomyelin synthase family / Joost C.M. Holthuis and Chiara Luberto -- Ceramide in stress response / Mariana N. Nikolova-Karakashian and Krassimira A. Rozenova -- Animal models for studying the pathophysiology of ceramide / Toshihiko Kawamori -- Ceramide 1-phosphate in cell survival and inflammatory signaling / Antonio Gómez-Muñoz ... [et al.] -- Ceramide-1-phosphate in phagocytosis and calcium homeostasis / Vania Hinkovska-Galcheva and James A. Shayman -- Extracellular and intracellular actions of sphingosine-1-phosphate / Graham M. Strub ... [et al.] -- Glucosylceramide in humans / Maria C. Messner and Myles C. Cabot -- Gangliosides as regulators of cell membrane organization and functions / Sandro Sonnino and Alessandro Prinetti -- Cancer treatment strategies targeting sphingolipid metabolism / Babak Oskouian and Julie D. Saba -- Therapeutic strategies for diabetes and complications : a role for sphingolipids? / Todd E. Fox and Mark Kester -- Roles for sphingolipids in Saccharomyces cerevisiae / Robert C. Dickson -- Sphingolipid signaling in fungal pathogens / Ryan Rhome and Maurizio Del Poeta -- Sphingolipids in parasitic protozoa / Kai Zhang, James D. Bangs and Stephen M. Beverley -- Biosynthesis of sphingolipids in plants (and some of their functions) / Simone Zäuner, Philipp Ternes, and Dirk Warnecke -- Computational analysis of sphingolipid pathway systems / Eberhard O. Voit, Fernando Alvarez-Vasquez, and Yusuf A. Hannun.
- Sphingolipids in disease 2013, SpringerSphingolipids in Cancer.Sphingosine Kinase/Sphingosine 1-Phosphate Signaling in Cancer Therapeutics and Drug Resistance /Shanmugam Panneer Selvam, Besim Ogretmen --Using ASMase Knockout Mice to Model Human Diseases /Guoqiang Hua, Richard Kolesnick --New Perspectives on the Role of Sphingosine 1-Phosphate in Cancer /Susan Pyne, Nigel J. Pyne --Sphingolipids and Response to Chemotherapy /Marie-Thérèse Dimanche-Boitrel, Amélie Rebillard --Lung Cancer and Lung Injury: The Dual Role of Ceramide /Tzipora Goldkorn, Samuel Chung, Simone Filosto --Sphingolipids' Role in Radiotherapy for Prostate Cancer /Carla Hajj, Adriana Haimovitz-Friedman --Sphingolipids in Cardio-Reno-vascular Diseases.Sphingolipid Metabolism and Atherosclerosis /Xian-Cheng Jiang, Jing Liu --Cardiovascular Effects of Sphingosine-1-Phosphate (S1P) /Bodo Levkau --Cross Talk Between Ceramide and Redox Signaling: Implications for Endothelial Dysfunction and Renal Disease /Pin-Lan Li, Yang Zhang --Sphingolipids in Inflammation, Infection and Lung Diseases.Sphingolipids in Lung Endothelial Biology and Regulation of Vascular Integrity /Taimur Abbasi, Joe G. N. Garcia --Sphingolipids in Acute Lung Injury /Stefan Uhlig, Yang Yang --The Involvement of Sphingolipids in Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Diseases /Irina Petrache, Daniela N. Petrusca --Ceramide in Cystic Fibrosis /Heike Grassmé, Joachim Riethmüller, Erich Gulbins --Regulation of the Sphingosine Kinase/Sphingosine 1-Phosphate Pathway /K. Alexa Orr Gandy, Lina M. Obeid --Bacterial Infections and Ceramide /Heike Grassmé, Katrin Anne Becker --Viral Infections and Sphingolipids /Jürgen Schneider-Schaulies, Sibylle Schneider-Schaulies --Ceramide in Plasma Membrane Repair /Annette Draeger, Eduard B. Babiychuk --Sphingolipids and Inflammatory Diseases of the Skin /Burkhard Kleuser, Lukasz Japtok --Sphingolipids in Obesity, Type 2 Diabetes, and Metabolic Disease /S. B. Russo, J. S. Ross, L. A. Cowart --Sphingolipids in Neuro-psychiatry and Muscle Diseases.Neuronal Forms of Gaucher Disease /Einat B. Vitner, Anthony H. Futerman Sphingolipids in Neuroinflammation /Laura Davies, Klaus Fassbender, Silke Walter --Sphingolipids in Psychiatric Disorders and Pain Syndromes /C. Mühle, M. Reichel, E. Gulbins, J. Kornhuber --Role of Sphingosine 1-Phosphate in Skeletal Muscle Cell Biology /Paola Bruni, Chiara Donati.
- Spinal control 2013, ScienceDirectSpine systems science : a primer on the systems approach / N. Peter Reeves, Jacek Cholewicki -- Computational models for trunk trajectory planning and load distribution : a test-bed for studying various clinical adaptation and motor control strategies of low back pain patients / Mohamad Parnianpour -- Mechanical changes in the spine in back pain / Greg Kawchuk -- Spine function and low-back pain : interactions of active and passive structures / Jaap H. van Dieen, Idsart Kingma -- Adaptation and rehabilitation: from motoneurones to motor cortex and -- Behaviour / Paul W. Hodges -- Opinions on the links between back pain and motor control : the disconnect -- Between clinical practice and research / Stuart McGill -- The kinesiopathologic model and mechanical low back pain / Linda R. Van Dillen, Shirley A. Sahrmann, Barbara J. Norton -- The relationship between control of the spine and low back pain : a clinical -- Researcher's perspective / Julie A. Hides -- Existing muscle synergies and low back pain : a case for preventative -- Intervention / Jack P. Callaghan, Erika Nelson-Wong -- Trunk muscle control and back pain : chicken, egg, neither or both? / G. Lorimer Moseley --Altered variability in proprioceptive postural strategy in people with recurrent low back pain / Simon Brumagne ... [et al.] -- Proprioceptive contributions from paraspinal muscle spindles to the relationship between control of the trunk and back pain / Joel G. Pickar -- Time-dependent mechanisms that impair muscle protection of the spine / Patricia Dolan, Michael A. Adams -- Effectiveness of exercise therapy for chronic non-specific low-back pain / Marienke van Middelkoop .... [et al.] -- How can models of motor control be useful for understanding low back pain? (summary chapter 1) / N. Peter Reeves ... [et al.] -- Targeting interventions to patients : development and evaluation (summary chapter 2) / Linda van Dillen, Maurits van Tulder -- Motor control changes and low-back pain, cause or effect? (summary chapter 3) / Jaap H. van Dieen, G. Lorimer Moseley, Paul W. Hodges -- What is the relation between proprioception and low back pain? (summary chapter 4) / Simon Brumagne, Patricia Dolan, Joel G. Pickar -- Motor control of the spine and changes in pain : debate about the extrapolation from research observations of motor control strategies to effective treatments for back pain (summary chapter 5) / Paul W. Hodges, Stuart McGill, Julie A. Hides -- Integrated clinical approach to motor control interventions in low back and pelvic pain / Paul W. Hodges ... [et al.].
- Spinal cord injury 2005, NAP
- Spinal cord injury 2012, ScienceDirectSpinal Cord Injuries, the newest volume in the Handbook of Clinical Neurology series, offers a comprehensive and detailed overview of the rapidly evolving science and treatment of spinal cord injury. Advances in neuroimaging, surgical treatment and application of electrical stimulation are dramatically impacting the treatment and outcome of these injuries. It provides a clear introduction to the core science of spinal cord injury, as well as to exciting research investigating new treatment options. Coverage includes brain-machine interfaces, transcranial stimulation, new pharmacological strategies, use of olfactory ensheathing cells, stem cells and precursor cells, gene therapy and molecular target discovery. This volume is a great resource for neuroscience and clinical neurology research specialists and practicing neurologists seeking a clear reference to the science and treatment of spinal cord injury. Comprehensive coverage of the latest scientific understanding of spinal cord injuries Detailed coverage of current treatment best practices and potential future treatments Connects leading edge research programs to future treatment opportunities .
- Spinal cord medicine 2003, NCBI Bookshelf
- Spinal cord trauma. 1st ed. 2002, ScienceDirectSection I. Spinal cord injuries in patients -- Section II. Spinal cord injuries in animal models -- Section III. Neuroprotection and transplantation -- Section IV. Molecular targets to promote axon regeneration in the CNS.
- Spinal cord. 1st ed. 2009, ScienceDirectThe organization of the spinal cord / Charles Watson and Gulgun Kayalioglu -- Development of the spinal cord / Kens WS Ashwell -- The vertebral column and spinal meninges / Gulgun Kayalioglu -- The spinal nerves / Gulgun Kayalioglu -- The spinal cord blood vessels / Oscar U. Scremin -- Cytoarchitecture of the spinal cord / Claire Heise and Gulgun Kayalioglu -- Localization of motoneurons in the spinal cord / Steve McHanwell and Charles Watson -- Spinal autonomic preganglionic neurons: the visceral efferent system of the spinal cord / Colin R. Anderson, Janet R. Keast and Elspeth M. McLachlan -- Central nervous system control of micturition / Gert Holstege and Han Collewijn -- Projections from the spinal cord to the brain / Gulgun Kayalioglu -- Projections from the brain to the spinal cord / Charles Watson and Alan R. Harvey -- The propriospinal system / Amanda C. Conta and Dennis J. Stelzner -- Spinal cord transmitter substances / Claire Heise and Gulgun Kayalioglu -- Spinal cord injury: experimental animal models and relation to human therapy / Stuart I. Hodgetts, Giles W. Plant and Alan R. Harvey -- Atlas of the rat spinal cord / Charles Watson ... [et al.] -- Atlas of the mouse spinal cord / Charles Watson ... [et al.] -- Toward a spinal cord ontology / Charles Watson and Amandeep Sidhu.
- Spinal imaging 2007, Springer
- Sabiston Textbook of surgery. 17th ed...
- — Shackelford's Surgery of the alimenta...
- Shaped-beam radiosurgery ...............
- — Spinal imaging .........................
- Spinal imaging .........................
- — Stroke essentials for primary care .....
- Stroke genetics ........................
- — Systems thinking for health systems s...
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases