- Ob/gyn secrets. Updated 3rd ed. ........
- — Oncofertility. Fertility preservation...
- Oncogene techniques ....................
- — Organelle proteomics ...................
- Organelles, genomes, and eukaryote ph...
- — Oxidative neural injury ................
- Oxidative phosphorylation in health a...
- — Ozone. 2nd ed. .........................
- Obesity 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Obesity and binge eating disorder 2005, KargerControl of Food Intake / Gutzwiller, J.-P.; Beglinger, C. (Basel) -- Regulation of Body Weight / Langhans, W.; Geary, N. (Zurich) -- Epidemiology and Symptomatology of Obesity / Wechsler, J.G. (Munchen); Leopold, K. (Lausanne); Bischoff, G. (Munchen) -- Etiology of Obesity / Vogele, C. (London) -- Treatment Options of Obesity: Behavioral Weight Control / Laessle, R.G. (Trier) -- Pharmacological Management of Obesity / Bray, G.A. (Baton Rouge, La.) -- Surgical Treatment of Morbid Obesity / Muller, M.K.; Weber, M. (Zurich) -- Treatment of Obese Children / Braet, C. (Ghent) -- Binge Eating Disorder: A New Eating Disorder or an Epiphenomenon of Obesity? / Tuschen-Caffier, B.; Schlussel, C. (Bielefeld) -- Course, Etiology, and Maintenance of Binge Eating Disorder / Hilbert, A. (St. Louis, Mo.) -- The Psychological and Pharmacological Treatment of Binge Eating Disorder. An Overview / Biedert, E. (Basel) -- Binge Eating Disorder in Childhood - What Do We Know About It? / Munsch, S. (Basel); Hilbert, A. (St. Louis, Mo.) -- Binge Eating Disorder: Specific and Common Features. A Comprehensive Overview / Munsch, S.; Dubi, K. (Basel)
- Obesity and diabetes 2006, SpringerObesity and diabetes: the historical events marking the evolution of the understanding of the pathophysiology and treatment of two related diseases / George Karanastasis and Christos S. Mantzoros -- Epidemiology of obesity and diabetes: prevalence and trends / Susanna C. Larsson and Alicja Wolk -- Genetics of obesity and diabetes / Despina Sanoudou and Christos S. Mantzoros -- Nutrients and peripherally secreted molecules in regulation of energy homeostasis / Greeshma K. Shetty, Diana Barb, and Christos S. Mantzoros -- Central integration of peripheral signals in regulation of energy homeostasis / Greeshma K. Shetty, George Karanastasis, and Christos S. Mantzoros -- Role of energy expenditure in regulation of energy homeostasis / Eric S. Bachman -- Pathophysiology of diabetes in obesity / Geetha R. Soodini and Osama Hamdy -- Diagnosing obesity, diabetes mellitus and the insulin resistance syndrome / Diana Barb and Christos S. Mantzoros --Metabolic syndrome / Rochelle L. Chaiken and Mary Ann Banerji -- Obesity, diabetes, and hypertension / Anjanette S. Tan ... [et al.] -- Dyslipidemia associated with diabetes and insulin resistance syndromes / Jody Dushay and J. Peter Oettgen -- Obesity, diabetes, and endothelial dysfunction / Geetha R. Soodini, Edward S. Horton, and Osama Hamdy -- Atherosclerosis and peripheral vascular disease: sequelae of obesity and diabetes / Satish N. Nadig and Allen Hamdan -- Obesity, diabetes, and risk of cancer: a review of epidemiological studies / Susanna C. Larsson, Hans-Olov Adami, and Alicja Wolk -- Polycystic ovary syndrome a and its metabolic complications / Emilia P. Liao and Leonid Poretsky -- Obesity and type 2 diabetes mellitus in childhood and adolescence / Susann Blüher and Wieland Kiess -- Diabetic retinopathy / Vassiliki Poulaki and Joan W. Miller -- Obesity and renal disease / Ayman Geneidy and Richard Solomon --Diabetic peripheral neuropathy / Rachel Nardin and Roy Freeman -- The diabetic foot / Thanh L. Dinh and Aristidis Veves -- Erectile dysfunction / Kenneth J. Snow -- Infections in diabetes mellitus / Sotirios Tsiodras ... [et al.] -- The HAART-induced metabolic syndrome / Sotirios Tsiodras, Theodore Kelesidis, and Christos S. Mantzoros -- Diet and lifestyle in the prevention and management of type 2 diabetes / Frank B. Hu -- Diet, exercise, and behavioral treatment of obesity / George L. Blackburn -- Medical approaches to the treatment of the obese patient / George A. Bray and Donna H. Ryan -- Medical treatment of the obese patient with type 2 diabetes / Jean L. Chan, Christos S. Mantzoros and Martin J. Abrahamson -- Surgical treatment of obesity and diabetes / Benjamin E. Schneider and Edward C. Mun -- Future developments in the area of pharmacotherapy: molecules in early-stage preclinical development and in clinical trials that may affect energy homeostasis / Diana Barb, Greeshma K. Shetty, and Christos S. Mantzoros.
- Obesity and lung disease 2013, Springer
- Obesity and metabolism 2008., KargerMonogenic human obesity / Farooqi, I.S. -- Polygenic contribution to obesity : genome-wide strategies reveal new targets / Korner, A. ... [et al.] -- Genetic obesity syndromes / Goldstone, A.P., Beales, P.L. -- Fetal and neonatal pathways to obesity / Gluckman, P.D. ... [et al.] -- Developmental origins of obesity and the metabolic syndrome : the role of maternal obesity / Armitage, J.A., Poston, L., Taylor, P.D. --Childhood obesity / Sabin, M.A., Shield, J.P.H. -- Obesity in old age / McPhee Chapman, I. -- Models of obesity in large animals and birds / Clarke, I.J. -- The [beta]-cell in type 2 diabetes and in obesity / Rutter, G.A., Parton, L.E. -- Role of the endocannabinoid system in energy balance regulation and obesity / Cota, D. -- 11[beta]-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 and obesity / Morton, N.M., Seckl, J.R. --Gut and hormones and obesity / Wren, A.M. -- Adipokines in obesity / Ahima, R.S., Osei, S.Y. -- The role of AMP-activated protein kinase in obesity / Kola, B., Grossman, A.B., Korbonits, M. -- Classical endocrine diseases causing obesity / Weaver, J.U. -- Emerging concepts in the medical and surgical treatment of obesity / Aylwin, S., Al-Zaman, Y. -- The sociology of obesity / Rosengren, A., Lissner, L. -- Obesity in art--a brief overview / Woodhouse, R.
- Obesity and the kidney 2006, KargerObesity and chronic kidney disease / Kramer, H. -- Obesity and kidney transplantation / Srinivas, T.R., Meier-Kriesche H.-U. -- Body mass index and the risk of chronic renal failure: the Asian experience / Iseki, K. -- Obesity paradox in patients on maintenance dialysis / Kalantar-Zadeh, K., Kopple, J.D. -- Adipose tissue as an endocrine organ: a nephrologists' perspective / Chudek, J. ... [et al.] -- Renal handling of adipokines / Kataoka, H., Sharma, K. -- Lipid metabolism and renal disease / Abrass, C.K. -- Role of the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system in the metabolic syndrome / Engeli, S. -- Functional and structural renal changes in the early stages of obesity / Thakur, V., Morse, S., Reisin, E. -- Leptin as a proinflammatory cytokine / Lord, G.M. -- Adipose tissue and inflammation in chronic kidney disease / Axelsson, J., Heimbürger, O., Stenvinkel, P. -- Leptin and renal fibrosi / Wolf, G., Ziyadeh, F.N. -- Obesity and renal hemodynamics / Bosma, R.J. ... [et al.] -- Insulin resistance and renal disease / Fliser, D., Kielstein, J.T., Menne, J. -- Treatment of obesity: a challenging task / Sharma, A.M., Iacobellis, G. -- Weight loss and proteinuria / Praga, M., Morales, E. -- Treatment of arterial hypertension in obese patients / Wenzel, U.O., Krebs, C. -- Bariatric surgery / Korenkov, M.
- Obesity before birth 2011, Springer
- Obesity in childhood and adolescence 2004, Karger
- Obesity management 2005, HighWire
- Obesity management in family practice 2006, Springer
- Obesity surgery 2008, AccessSurgery
- Obesity treatment and prevention 2012, KargerBrain reorganization following weight loss / M. Rosenbaum, R.L. Leibel -- Physical activity and weight loss / J.M. Jakicic -- Dietary strategies for weight management / B.J. Rolls -- Targeting adipose tissue inflammation to treat the underlying basis of the metabolic complications of obesity / M.I. Goran, T. Alderete -- Summary discussion on obesity treatment : challenges and opportunities -- New directions for prevention -- The gut microbiome and obesity / M.A.J Hullar, J.W. Lampe -- Starting early : obesity prevention during infancy / L.L. Birch, S. Anzman-Frasca, I.M. Paul -- The economics of food choice behavior : why poverty and obesity are linked / A. Drewnowski -- The importance of the food and physical activity environments / J.M. Oppert, H. Charreire -- The importance of systems thinking of address obesity / D.T. Finegood -- Summary discussion on new directions for prevention.
- Obesity. 2nd ed. 2013, CRCnetBASE"The spread of obesity has been declared a worldwide epidemic by the World Health Organization (WHO). In fact, a new term, globesity, has been coined to describe the recent upsurge of overweight and obesity throughout the world's population. How severe is the problem? According to WHO, worldwide obesity has more than double since 1980. In 2008, 1.5 billion adults, 20 and older, were overweight . Of these over 200 million men and 300 million women were obese. 65% of the world's population live in countries where overweight and obesity kills more people than underweight . Furthermore, nearly 43 million children under the age of five were underweight in 2010 "--Provided by publisher.
- Object recognition, attention, and action 2007, SpringerObject recognition.Occlusion awaits disclosure /Gijs Plomp, Cees van Leeuwen --Functional MRI evidence for neural plasticity at early stages of visual processing in humans /Sophie Schwartz --Pattern recognition in direct and indirect view /Hans Strasburger, Ingo Rentschler --Part based strategies for visual categorisation and object recognition /Martin Juttner --Recent psychophysical and neural research in shape recognition /Irving Biederman --Object recognition in humans and machines /ChristianWallraven, Heinrich H. Bulthoff --Prior knowledge and learning in 3D object recognition /Markus Gschwind, Hans Brettel, Ingo Rentschler --Neural representation of faces in human visual cortex : the roles of attention, emotion, and viewpoint /Patrik Vuilleumier --Attention.Object recognition : attention and dual routes /Volker Thoma, Jules Davidoff --Interactions between shape perception and egocentric localization /Hiroyuki Sogo, Naoyuki Osaka --Feature binding in visual working memory /Jun Saiki --Biased competition and cooperation : a mechanism of mammalian visual recognition? /Gustavo Deco, Martin Stetter, Miruna Szabo --Action.Influence of visual motion on object localisation in perception and action /Hiroshi Ashida --Neural substrates of action imitation studied by fMRI /Shigeki Tanaka --Two types of anticipatory timing mechanisms in synchronization tapping /Yoshihiro Miyake, Yohei Onishi, Ernst Poppel.
- Objective structured clinical examinations 2013, Springer
- Observed confidence levels 2008, CRCnetBASE
- Obstetric anesthesia handbook. 5th ed. 2010, Springer
- Obstetric dermatology 2009, Springer
- Obstetric fistula 2006, WHO
- Obstetric medicine 2007., Springer
- In addition to subjects in this record, subjects covered include: female anatomy; anatomy, diagnosis, scenes, and garb of pregnancy; embryology; the obstetric pelvis; labor, the birth chamber; resuscitation, swaddling, circumcision, and baptism of the newborn; nursing; multiple pregnancies/births; fertility and its control; and texts written on the subjects.
- Health care for women: obstetrics and gynecology as specialty and primary-preventive health care -- Ethics in obstetrics and gynecology -- Embryology, anatomy, and reproductive genetics -- Maternal-fetal physiology -- Antepartum care -- Intrapartum care -- Abnormal labor -- Intrapartum fetal surveillance -- Immediate care of the newborn -- Postpartum care -- Isoimmunization -- Postpartum hemorrhage -- Postpartum infection -- Abortion -- Ectopic pregnancy -- Medical and surgical considerations of pregnancy -- Hypertension in pregnancy -- Multifetal gestation -- Fetal growth abnormalities -- Third-trimester bleeding -- Postterm pregnancy -- Preterm labor --Premature rupture of membranes -- Obstetric procedures -- Contraception -- Sterilization -- Vulvitis and vaginitis -- Sexually transmitted diseases -- Pelvic relaxation, urinary incontinence, and urinary tract infection -- Endometriosis -- Dysmenorrhea and chronic pelvic pain -- Disorders of the breast -- Gynecologic procedures -- Reproductive cycle -- Puberty -- Amenorrhea and dysfunctional uterine bleeding -- Hirsutism and virilization -- Menopause -- Infertility -- Premenstrual syndrome/premenstrual dysphoric disorder -- Cell biology and principles of cancer therapy -- Gestational trophoblastic neoplasia -- Vulvar and vaginal disease and neoplasia -- Cervical neoplasia and carcinoma -- Uterine leiomyoma and neoplasia -- Endometrial hyperplasia and cancer -- Ovarian and adnexal disease -- Human sexuality -- Sexual assault and domestic violence.
- Endocrinology of Pregnancy -- Fetal Physiology -- Normal Pregnancy, the Puerperium, and Lactation -- Antepartum Care -- Identification of the High-Risk Pregnant Patient -- Prenatal Screening and Diagnosis: Obstetric Ultrasound and Genetic Testing -- Teratology -- Substance Abuse in Pregnancy -- Antepartum Bleeding -- Labor and Delivery -- Intrapartum Fetal Monitoring -- Operative Obstetrics -- Obstetric Anesthesia -- Postterm Pregnancy -- Preterm Labor -- Hypertension in Pregnancy -- Other Medical Complications of Pregnancy -- The Gynecologic Office Visit -- The Menstrual Cycle -- Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology -- Müllerian Anomalies and Disorders of Sexual Development -- Amenorrhea -- Abnormal Uterine Bleeding -- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome -- Hirsutism and Hyperandrogenic Disorders -- Pelvic Pain -- Endometriosis -- Uterine Leiomyomas -- The Infertile Couple -- Ectopic Pregnancy -- Recurrent Pregnancy Loss -- Family Planning: Contraception and Complications -- Sexually Transmitted Infections -- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease -- Vulvovaginitis -- Disorders of the Pelvic Floor -- Menopause -- Breast Disease -- Gestational Trophoblastic Disease -- Pelvic Malignancies -- Intimate Partner Violence and Sexual Assault -- Medicolegal Considerations in Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- Obstetrics in family medicine 2006, SpringerPhysiology -- Preconception care -- Prenatal care -- Medications in pregnancy -- Dysmorphic growth and genetic abnormalities -- Intrauterine growth restriction -- Preterm labor -- Premature rupture of membranes -- Early pregnancy bleeding -- Late pregnancy bleeding -- Recurrent spontaneous abortion -- Rh isoimmunization -- Infection in pregnancy -- Hypertension in pregnancy -- Diabetes in pregnancy -- HIV and pregnancy -- Multigestational pregnancy -- Post-dates pregnancy -- Normal labor -- Induction and augmentation -- Pain management in labor -- Operative delivery -- Prolonged labor -- Shoulder dystocia -- Malpresentation -- Fetal heart rate monitoring -- Maternal fever in labor -- Postpartum hemorrhage -- Perineal laceration and episiotomy -- Newborn evaluation -- Routine hospital postpartum management -- Complications of the hospital postpartum period.
- Obstetrics. 5th ed. 2007
- Obstetrics. 6th ed. 2012, MD ConsultPlacental anatomy and physiology -- Placental and fetal physiology -- Maternal physiology -- Maternal-fetal immunology -- Developmental origins of adult health and disease -- Preconception and prenatal care: part of the continuum -- Nutritional management during pregnancy -- Drugs and environmental agents in pregnancy and lactation: embryology, teratology, epidemiology -- Obstetrical ultrasound: imaging, dating, and growth -- Genetic counseling and genetic screening -- Prenatal genetic diagnosis -- Antepartum fetal evaluation -- Normal labor and delivery -- Abnormal labor and induction of labor -- Operative vaginal delivery -- Intrapartum fetal evaluation -- Obstetrical anesthesia -- Malpresentations and shoulder dystocia -- Antepartum and postpartum hemorrhage -- Cesarean delivery -- The neonate -- Postpartum care -- Lactation and breastfeeding -- Surgery during pregnancy -- Trauma and related surgery in pregnancy -- Pregnancy loss -- Cervical insufficiency -- Preterm birth -- Premature rupture of the membranes -- Multiple gestations -- Intrauterine growth restriction -- Red cell alloimmunization -- Amniotic fluid disorders -- Prolonged and postterm pregnancy -- Hypertension -- Heart disease -- Respiratory diseases in pregnancy -- Renal disease -- Diabetes mellitus complicating pregnancy -- Thyroid and parathyroid diseases in pregnancy -- Pituitary and adrenal disorders in pregnancy -- Hematologic complications of pregnancy -- Thromboembolic disorders -- Collagen vascular diseases -- Hepatic and gastrointestinal diseases -- Neurologic disorders -- Malignant diseases and pregnancy -- Skin disease in pregnancy and puerperium -- Maternal and perinatal infection: the sexually transmitted diseases chlamydia, gonorrhea, and syphilis -- Maternal and perinatal infection-viral -- Maternal and perinatal infection-bacterial -- Mental health and behavioral disorders in pregnancy -- Patient safety and quality measurement in obstetrical care -- Legal and ethical issues in obstetrical practice.
- Obstructive airway diseases 2012, CRCnetBASE"Incidences of inflammatory airway diseases are on the rise across the world. Existing therapeutic options are ineffective, unsafe, and expensive, and severe cases are nonresponsive to conventional therapy. Therefore, it is imperative that research be undertaken to discover new treatment options. Obstructive Airway Diseases: Role of Lipid Mediators discusses clinically successful and potential lipid targets that can make a difference in treating some of the most intractable disease states."--Publisher description.
- Obstructive sleep apnea in adults 2011, KargerObstructive sleep apnea in adults : epidemiology, clinical presentation, and treatment options -- Inflammation, oxidative stress, and procoagulant and thrombotic activity in adults with obstructive sleep apnea -- Metabolic disorders associated with obstructive sleep apnea in adults -- Endothelial dysfunction in adults with obstructive sleep apnea -- Hemodynamic and autonomic changes in adults with obstructive sleep apnea -- Cardiovascular disorders associated with obstructive sleep apnea.
- Perspectives / Kudisha -- History / Zupancic, Lavie -- Epidemiology / Yuen -- Ontogeny / Hoban, Bliwise -- Upper airway anatomy / Tung -- Physiology and dynamics of the upper airway / Huang, Marcus -- Control of breathing in sleep / Smith ... [et al.] -- Arousal from sleep / Halász -- Pathogenesis / Nguyen, Yim, Malhotra -- Risk factors / Ramar, Guilleminault -- Familial and genetic factors / Patel, Tishler -- The spectrum of sleep-disordered breathing / Habib, Phillips -- Central and autonomic nervous systems / Colrain, Trinder -- Cardiac arrhythmias and congestive heart failure / Chen, Bradley -- Hypertension and the cardiovascular system / Budhiraja, Quan -- Endocrine function and glucose metabolism / Stamatakis, Punjabi -- Obesity / Dyken ... [et al.] -- Mood and behavior in obstructive sleep apnea / Aloia, Bruce -- Sleepiness / Kirsch, Chervin -- Obstructive sleep apnea and health-related quality of life / Moyer, Moyer, Chervin -- Driving risk and accidents / Sagaspe, Philip -- Economic and societal impact / Wittmann, Rodenstein.
- Work, environment, and health -- Recognition, assessment, and prevention -- Hazardous exposures -- Adverse health effects -- An integrated approach to prevention.
- Occupational asthma 2010, Springer
- Occupational crime 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Occupational ergonomics 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Occupational ergonomics 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Occupational hearing loss. 3rd ed. 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Occupational physiology 2012, CRCnetBASEWork, working life, occupational physiology / Allan Toomingas, Svend Erik Mathiassen, and Ewa Wigaeus Tornqvist -- Work demanding high energy metabolism / Ewa Wigaeus Tornqvist -- Work requiring considerable muscle force / Katarina Kjellberg -- Work in awkward postures / Karin Harms-Ringdahl -- Work with highly repetitive movements / Fredrik Hellström -- Prolonged, low-intensity, sedentary work / Allan Toomingas -- Work with high levels of mental strain / Bo Melin -- Work that disrupts the diurnal rhythm / Torbjörn Åkerstedt -- Work in heat and cold / Désirée Gavhed -- A good working life for everyone / Allan Toomingas, Margareta Bratt Carlström, and Svend Erik Mathiassen.
- Occupational stress in the service professions 2003, CRCnetBASEIntroduction : Context, theories and intervention / Maureen F. Dollard -- The DISC model : demand-induced strain compensation mechanisms in job stress / Jan De Jonge and Christian Dormann -- Measurement and methodological issues in work stress research / Maureen F. Dollard and Jan de Jonge -- Conventional wisdom is often misleading : police stress within an organisational health framework / Peter M. Hart and Peter Cotton -- Burnout among oncology care providers : radiation assistants, physicians and nurses / Pascale M. Le Blanc and Wilmar B. Schaufeli -- Senior nurses : interventions to reduce work stress / Amanda Griffiths ... [et al.] -- Work stress and its effects in general practitioners / Helen R. Winefield -- Teacher stress / Esther R. Greenglass and Ronald J. Burke -- Stress in university academics / Anthony H. Winefield -- Prostitution : an illustration of occupational stress in 'dirty work' / Kara Anne Arnold and Julian Barling -- Social workers and human service practitioners / Robert L. Lonne -- Clergy in crisis / Sarah J. Cotton ... [et al.] -- Stress in psychological work / Susan P. Griffiths -- Volunteering work stress and satisfaction at the turn of the 21st century / Jacques C. Metzer -- Conclusion / Maureen F. Dollard.
- Occupational therapy in epidermolysis bullosa 2013, Springer
- Occupy medicine 2012
- Oceans and health 2006, SpringerPathogens in the sea: an overview / Colin B. Munn -- Diversity, sources, and detection of human bacterial pathogens in the marine environment / Janelle R. Thompson, Luisa A. Marcelino, and Martin F. Polz -- Biotic and abiotic effects / Lester W. Sinton -- Survival of enteric bacteria in seawater: molecular aspects / Yael Rozen and Shimshon Belkin -- Human pathogenic viruses in the marine environment / Albert Bosch, F. Xavier Abad, and Rosa M. Pinto -- Survival of viruses in the marine environment / Charles P. Gerba -- Zoonotic protists in the marine environment / Ronald Fayer and James M. Trout -- Marine and estuarine harmful algal blooms: impacts on human and animal health / Jan Landsberg, Fran Van Dolah, and Gregory Donelli -- Vibrio vulnificus / James D. Oliver -- Vibrio parahaemolyticus--seafood safety and associations with higher organisms / Firdausi Qadri ... [et al.] -- Global microbial ecology of vibrio cholerae / Rita R. Colwell -- Gram-positive bacteria in the marine environment / Maria del mar Lleo, Caterina Signoretto, and Pietro Canepari -- Fecal contamination in coastal areas: an engineering approach / M. Pommepuy ... [et al.] -- Retention of pathogenicity in viable nonculturable pathogens / Iddya Karunasagar and Indrani Karunasagar -- Thalassogenic infectious diseases caused by wastewater pollution of the marine environment / Hillel Shuval -- Bacterial pathogens of marine fish / Brian Austin -- Microbial diseases of corals / E. Rosenberg and Y. Barash -- Aquacultures and animal pathogens in the marine environment with emphasis on marine shrimp viruses / Jeffrey M. Lotz, Robin M. Overstreet, and D. Jay Grimes.
- OCT in AMD 2009, Springer
- Ocular angiogenesis 2006, SpringerAngiogenic diseases -- Age-related macular degeneration / Curtis L. Hagedorn and Ron A. Adelman -- Endogenous angiogenic inhibitors in diabetic retinopathy / Jian-Xing Ma and Sarah X. Zhang -- Corneal angiogenesis / Trevor R. Carmichael -- Polypoidal choroidal vasculopathy / Nahoko Ogata and Kanji Takahashi -- Myopic choroidal neovascularization / Kyoko Ohno-Matsui and Takashi Tokoro -- Mechanisms of the formation and stability of retinal blood vessels / Jonathan Stone, Trent Sandercoe, and Jan Provis -- Neovascular glaucoma / James C. Tsai and M. Bruce Shields -- Eales' disease / Jyotirmay Biswas -- Angiogenesis and ocular tumorigenesis / Nader Sheibani and Daniel M. Albert -- Genetics of ocular vascular disease / Jacquie Greenberg, Ari Ziskind, and Stephen P. Daiger -- Endogenous promoters and inhibitors of angiogenesis -- Vascular endothelial growth factor and retinal diseases / Sam Dahr and Karl G. Csaky -- The role of fibroblast growth factors in ocular angiogenesis / Andreas Bikfalvi and Sophie Javerzat -- Control of neovascularization and cell survival in the eye by PEDF / Joyce Tombran-Tink and Colin J. Barnstable -- Thrombospondin: guarding the clear view / Arin Aurora and Olga V. Volpert -- Regulation of ocular angiogenesis by matrix proteases and tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases / Bela Anand-Apte -- Integrins in ocular angiogenesis / Matthew R. Ritter and Martin Friedlander -- Ocular inflammation and neovascularization / Chi-Chao Chan and Robert B. Nussenblatt -- Therapeutics and delivery for angiogenic eye diseases -- Anti-VEGF therapies for diseases of the retina and choroid / Ming Lu and Donald J. D'Amico -- Anecortave acetate: a novel ocular angiostatic agent / Stella M. Robertson ... [et al.] -- Gene therapy for neovascular retinopathies / Brian J. Raisler, Kenneth I. Berns, and William W. Hauswirth -- Noninvasive delivery of DNA into the eye / John M. Nickerson ... [et al.] -- Novel drug delivery systems for posterior segment ocular disease / Heather Sheardown and W. Mark Saltzman.
- Ocular blood flow 2012, Springer
- Ocular blood flow and glaucomatous optic neuropathy 2009, Springer
- Ocular differential diagnosis. 7th ed. 2002, Ovid
- Ocular drug delivery systems 2013, CRCnetBASE1.Nanoparticulate-based therapeutics: an overview /Deepak Thassu, Kris Holt, and Gerald J. Chader --2.Eye anatomy, physiology and ocular barriers: basic considerations for drug delivery /Gerald J. Chader and Deepak Thassu --3.Animal models to evaluate nanoparticulate drug delivery systems /Vinson M. Wang, Jingsheng Tuo, and Chi-Chao Chan --4.Computer modeling for ocular drug delivery /Paul J. Missel --5.Considerations for development of ophthalmic nanotechnology-based drugs /Banu S. Zolnik, Sherizaq Baksh, and Nakissa Sadrieh --6.Blood-retinal barrier: the fundamentals /Rosa Fernandes, Andreia Gonçalves, and José Cunha-Vaz --7.Barriers to transscleral drug delivery to the retina /Alexandra Almazan ... [et al.] --8.Drug delivery to the vitreous humor /Francine Behar-Cohen --9.Transscleral and suprachoroidal drug delivery /Damian E. Berezovsky and Henry Edelhauser --10.Protein drug delivery to retina and choroid /Hogwen M. Rivers and Patrick M. Hughes --11.Transscleral drug delivery to the posterior segment of the eye /Bernard F. Godley ... [et al.] --12.Drug delivery to the suprachoroidal space /Sung Won Cho and Timothy Olsen --13.Use of nanoparticles in the treatment of age-related macular degeneration, glaucoma and other degenerative retinal diseases /Marco A. Zarbin ... [et al.] --14.Drug molecule characteristics and their impact on anterior versus posterior segment drug delivery strategies /Kay D. Rittenhouse --15.Surface modulation of nanoparticles /Deepak Thassu and Kris Holt --16.Nanoparticles for the treatment of retinal diseases / Amin Famili and Uday B. Kompella --17.Gene-based medicine for ocular diseases /Shannon M. Conley and Muna I. Naash --18.Stealth-type polymeric nanoparticles with encapsulated betamethasone phosphate for treatment of intraocular inflammation /Tsutomu Sakai, Tsutomu Ishihara, and Megumu Higaki --19.Nanotechnology-guided imaging of retinal vascular disease /Joshua R. Trantum, John S. Penn, and Ashwath Jayagopal --20.Photoresponsive polymers for ocular drug delivery /Laura A. Wells and Heather Sheardown --t21.Nanosuspensions in ocular drug delivery systems /Himanshu Bhattacharjee and Sonia Bedi.
- Basic principles of pathology -- Congenital anomalies -- Nongranulomatous inflammation: uveitis, endophthalmitis, panophthalmitis, and sequelae -- Granulomatous inflammation -- Surgical and nonsurgical trauma -- Skin and lacrimal drainage system -- Conjunctiva -- Cornea and sclera -- Uvea -- Lens -- Neural (sensory) retina -- Vitreous -- Optic nerve -- Orbit -- Diabetes mellitus -- Glaucoma -- Ocular melanocytic tumors -- Retinoblastoma and pseudoglioma.
- Ocular surface disease 2013, ScienceDirect
- Ocular transporters in ophthalmic diseases and drug delivery 2008, Springer1Aquaporins and water transport in the cornea /Alan S. Verkman --2Roles of corneal epithelial ion transport mechanisms in mediating responses to cytokines and osmotic stress /Peter S. Reinach, José E. Capó-Aponte, Stefan Mergler, and Kathryn S. Pokorny --3Vitamin C transport, delivery, and function in the anterior segment of the eye /Ram Kannan and Hovhannes J. Gukasyan --4Mechanisms of aqueous humor formation: cellular model of aqueous flow /Chi-wai Do, Chi-wing Kong, Chu-yan Chang, Mortimer M. Civan, and Chi-ho To --5Membrane transporters: new roles in lens cataract /Paul J. Donaldson and Julie Lim --6Lens Na+, K+-ATPase /Nicholas A. Delamere and Shigeo Tamiya --7Pathophysiology of pericyte-containing retinal microvessels: roles of ion channels and transporters /Donald G. Puro --8Molecular mechanisms of the inner blood-retinal barrier transporters /Masatoshi Tomi and Ken-ichi Hosoya --9Regulation and transport in the RPE /Adnan Dibas and Thomas Yorio --10Glucose transporters in the retinal pigment epithelium /Lawrence J. Rizzolo --11Ca2+ channels in the retinal pigment epithelium: modulators of retinal pigment epithelium function and communication with neighboring tissues /Olaf Strauss -12Taurine transport pathways in the outer retina in relation to aging and disease /Ali A. Hussain and John Marshall --13P-Glycoprotein expression and function in the retinal pigment epithelium /Paul A. Constable, John G. Lawrenson, and N. Joan Abbott --14The retinal rod NCKX1 and cone/ganglion cell NCKX2 Na+/CA2+-K+ exchangers /Paul P.M Schnetkamp et al --15Excitatory amino acid transporters in the retina /Vijay Sarthy and David Pow --16Localization and function of gamma aminobutyric acid transporter 1 in the retina /Giovanni Casini --17Biochemical defects associated with genetic mutations in the retina-specific ABC transporter, ABCR, and macular degenerative diseases /Esther E. Biswas-Fiss --18Glutamate transporters and retinal disease and regulation /Nigel L. Barnett and Natalie D. Bull --19Glutamate transport in retinal glial cells during diabetes /Erica L. Fletcher and Michelle M. Ward --20The emerging significance of drug transporters and metabolizing enzymes to ophthalmic drug design /Mayssa Attar and Jie Shen --21Barriers in ocular drug delivery /Sriram Gunda, Sudharshan Hariharan, Nanda Mandava, and Ashim K. Mitra --22Ophthalmic applications of nanotechnology /Swita Raghava, Gaurav Goel, and Uday B. Kompella --23Vitamin C transporters in the retina /Vadivel Ganapathy, Sudha Ananth, Sylvia B. Smith, and Pamela M. Martin --24The plasma membrane transporters and channels of corneal endothelium /Jorge Fischbarg.
- Ocular traumatology 2008, SpringerTerminology of mechanical injuries: the Birmingham Eye Trauma Terminology (BETT) -- Classification of mechanical eye injuries -- Predicting the severity of an eye injury: the Ocular Trauma Score (OTS) -- Counseling the injured individual and the family -- From the other side: the patient's viewpoint -- Myths and truths in ocular traumatology -- Clinical epidemiology, prevention, and rehabilitation -- Strategic thinking in ocular traumatology -- Evaluation -- Emergency management -- Conjunctiva -- Cornea -- Sclera and limbus -- Tissue prolapse -- Anterior chamber -- Iris and pupil -- Lens -- Ciliary body and choroid -- Vitreous and retina -- Trauma by blunt object: contusions -- Open glove injury: a brief overview -- Trauma by blunt object: ruptures -- Penetrating injuries and IOFBs -- Perforating injuries -- Injury involving the entire globe -- Ocular trauma in children and in elderly patients -- Endophthalmitis -- Posttraumatic glaucoma -- Hypotony -- Endoscopy -- Chemical injuries -- Electromagnetic trauma -- The effects of systemic trauma on the eye.
- Oculoplastic surgery atlas. Cosmetic facial surgery 2005, Springer
- Oculoplastics and orbit. Aesthetic and functional oculofacial plastic problem-solving in the 21st century 2010, Springer
- Office andrology 2005, SpringerEssentials of sperm biology / Sharon T. Mortimer -- Endocrinology of male infertility / R. Dale McClure -- Sperm preparation for insemination / Grace M. Centola -- Specialized sperm testing: pros and cons / Kirk C. Lo ... [et al.] -- Genetic testing for male infertility / Robert D. Oates -- Optimizing success in a donor insemination program / Phillip E. Patton -- Ethical and legal considerations of donor insemination in the United States / Karen E. Adams -- Laboratory accreditation / William Byrd -- Office evaluation of male infertility / Darius A. Paduch and Eugene F. Fuchs -- Varicocele and infertility / Ulrike Zenke and Paul Turek --Strategic therapies for ejaculatory disorders and erectile dysfunction in the infertile man / Mustafa F. Usta and Wayne J. G. Hellstrom -- Vasectomy reversal / Eugene F. Fuchs and Darius A. Paduch -- Infection and male infertility / Emmett F. Branigan -- Obstructive and nonobstructive azoospermia / Kinloch Nelson and Peter Schlegel -- Testis biopsy and the infertile male / Sherman J. Silber -- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection: the process, the outcomes, and the controversies / David E. Battaglia -- Treatment of human immunodeficiency virus-discordant couples / Joseph E. Peña and Mark V. Sauer -- Sperm and egg retrieval for posthumous reproduction: practical, ethical, and legal considerations / Lisa V. Brock and Anna C. Mastroianni -- Gender selection: separating fact from fiction / David S. Karabinus and Keith L. Blauer.
- Office building safety and health 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Office ergonomics 2008, CRCnetBASE1. Working posture -- 1.1. Introduction -- 1.2. Sitting versus standing -- 1.3. The back -- 1.4. Posture -- 1.5. Maintenance and monitoring of good posture -- 1.6. Summary -- 2. The design of workstation furniture -- 2.1. Introduction -- 2.2. Desks -- 2.2.1. Desk height -- 2.2.2. Worksurface design -- 2.2.3. Worksurface layout -- 2.2.4. Undersurface features -- 2.3. Partitions -- 2.4. Chairs -- 2.4.1. Seat height adjustment -- 2.4.2. Backrest adjustment -- 2.4.3. Armrests -- 2.4.4. Adjustment mechanisms -- 2.5. Accessories -- 2.5.1. Footrests -- 2.5.2. Wristrests -- 2.5.3. Document holders -- 2.5.4. Screen risers -- 2.5.5. Telephone headsets -- 2.5.6. Reading slopes -- 2.6. Summary -- 3. Workstation trials -- 3.1. Introduction -- 3.2. Task analysis -- 3.2.1. Starting the procedure -- 3.2.2. Information collection -- 3.2.3. Recording information -- 3.3. Trials -- 3.4. The roll-out -- 3.5. Summary -- 4. Computer use -- 4.1. Introduction -- 4.2. Desktops -- 4.3. Flat screens -- 4.4. Laptops -- 4.5. Wireless technology -- 4.6. Out-of-office working -- 4.6.1. Home office -- 4.6.2. Mobile offices -- 4.7. Summary -- 5. Screen displays -- 5.1. Introduction -- 5.2. Memory -- 5.2.1. Short-term memory -- 5.2.2. Long-term memory -- 5.3. Displays -- 5.3.1. Fonts -- 5.3.2. Using color -- 5.3.3. Layout -- 5.3.4. Wording -- 5.3.5. Windows -- 5.4. Summary -- 6. Input devices -- 6.1. Introduction -- 6.2. Keyboards -- 6.3. Mouse -- 6.4. Touchpads -- 6.5. Trackball -- 6.6. Joystick -- 6.7. Touchscreens -- 6.8. Graphics tablets -- 6.9. Voice recognition software -- 6.10. General design requirements -- 6.11. Summary -- 7. Organizational issues -- 7.1. Introduction -- 7.2. Job design -- 7.3. Work rate -- 7.4. Rest breaks -- 7.5. Overtime -- 7.6. Incentives -- 7.7. Motivation -- 7.8. Shift work -- 7.9. Compressed working week -- 7.10. Managing change -- 7.11. Summary -- 8. Training -- 8.1. Introduction -- 8.2. The trainees -- 8.3. Training methods -- 8.4. The course -- 8.5. Alternative approaches -- 8.6. Making training more effective -- 8.7. After the course -- 8.8. Summary -- 9. The environment -- 9.1. Introduction -- 9.2. Noise -- 9.3. Lighting -- 9.3.1. Glare -- 9.3.2. Artificial light -- 9.3.3. Natural light -- 9.3.4. Color -- 9.4. Thermal comfort -- 9.5. Summary -- 10. Manual handling -- 10.1. Introduction -- 10.2. Manual handling injuries -- 10.3. Reducing the risk -- 10.3.1. Mechanical assistance -- 10.3.2. Work demands -- 10.3.3. Object characteristics -- 10.3.4. Environmental conditions -- 10.3.5. The person -- 10.4. Training -- 10.5. Summary -- 11. Work-related ill health -- 11.1. Introduction -- 11.2. Upper limb disorders -- 11.2.1. Types of upper limb disorders -- 188.8.131.52. Tenosynovitis -- 184.108.40.206. Carpal tunnel syndrome -- 220.127.116.11. Dupuytren's contracture -- 18.104.22.168. Vibration white finger -- 22.214.171.124. Ganglion -- 126.96.36.199. Epicondylitis -- 188.8.131.52. Tendinitis -- 184.108.40.206. Frozen shoulder -- 220.127.116.11. Thoracic outlet syndrome -- 18.104.22.168. Cervical spondylosis -- 22.214.171.124. Osteoarthritis -- 11.2.2. Causes of upper limb disorders -- 126.96.36.199. Repetition -- 188.8.131.52. Awkward postures -- 184.108.40.206. Static muscle work -- 220.127.116.11. Force -- 18.104.22.168. Duration of exposure -- 22.214.171.124. Other contributory factors -- 126.96.36.199. Psychosocial factors -- 188.8.131.52. Extra-organizational factors -- 11.3. Responding to ULDs -- 11.4. Backache -- 11.5. Visual fatigue -- 11.6. Stress -- 11.7. Summary -- 12. Disability -- 12.1. Introduction -- 12.2. Workstation arrangements -- 12.3. Computer work -- 12.4. General environment -- 12.5 Summary -- 13. Risk assessment -- 13.1. Introduction -- 13.2. Sample checklists -- 14. Case studies -- 14.1. Introduction -- 14.2. Case study A -- 14.3. Case study B -- 14.4. Case study C -- 14.5. Case study D -- 14.6. Case study E --14.7. Case study F.
- Official methods for the determination of trans fat 2003, CRCnetBASE
- OIE/FAO International Scientific Conference on Avian Influenza Lane Catalog record
- Oligonucleotide synthesis 2004, Springer ProtocolsSynthesis of DNA using a new two-step cycle / Douglas J. Dellinger ... [et al.] -- RNA synthesis using 2'-O-(tert-butyldimethylsilyl) protection / Brian S. Sproat -- RNA oligonucleotide synthesis via 5'-silyl-2'-orthoester chemistry / Stephanie A. Hartsel... [et al.] -- Dimethylthiarum disulfide: new sulfur transfer reagent in phosphorothioates oligonucleotide synthesis -- Zhiwei Wang, Quanlai Song, and Yogesh H. Sanghvi -- Assay for evaluating ribonuclease H-mediated degradation of RNA-antisense oligonucleotide duplexes / Annie Galarneau ... [et al.] -- Di- and oligonucleotide synthesis using H-phosphonate chemistry / Jacek Stawinski and Roger Strömberg -- Solid-phase synthesis of circular oligonucleotides / Enrique Pedroso ... [et al.] -- Locked nucleic acid synthesis / Henrik M. Pfundheller ... [et al.] -- Synthesis of DNA mimics representing HypNA-pPNA hetero-oligomers / Vladimir A. Efimov and Oksana G. Chakhmakhcheva -- Base-modified oligonucleotides with increased duplex stability: pyrazolo[3,4-d] pyrimidines replacing purines / Frank Seela ... [et al.] --Introduction of hypermodified nucleotides in RNA / Darrell R. Davis and Ashok C. Bajji -- Chemical methods for peptide-oligonucleotide conjugate synthesis / Dmitry A. Stetsenko and Michael J. Gait -- Biotin labeled oligonucleotides with extraordinarily long tethering arms / A. Michael Morocho ... [et al.] -- Universal labeling chemistry for nucleic acid detection on DNA chips / Ali Laayoun ... [et al.] -- Postsynthetic functionalization of triple helix-forming oligonucleotides / Alexandre S. Boutorine and Jian-Sheng Sun -- Fluorescence-based on-line detection as an analytical tool in RNA electrophoresis / Ute Scheffer and Michael Göbel -- Design and optimization of molecular beacon real-time polymerase chain reaction assays / Jacqueline A. M. Vet and Salvatore A. E. Marras -- High-thoughput production of optimized primers (fimers) for whole-genome direct sequencing / Nikolai Polushin ... [et al.] -- Nonenzymatic template directed RNA synthesis / Marcus Hey and Michael Göbel -- DNAse I footprinting of small molecule binding sites on DNA / Christian Bailly ... [et al.] --Gene targeting using peptide nucleic acid / Peter E. Nielsen -- Nucleic acid library construction using synthetic DNA constructs / Hani S. Zaher and Peter J. Unrau -- In vitro selection from combinatorial nucleic acid libraries / Andres Jäschke -- In vitro selection procedures for identifying DNA and RNA aptamers targeted to nucleic acids and proteins / Eric Dausse ... [et al.] -- Short double-stranded ribonucleic acid as inhibitor of gene expression by the interference mechanism / Jean-Rémi Bertrand, Andrei Maksimenko, and Claude Malvy.
- The plant, production, olives and olive oil, and their detailed characterization. The plant and production. Olives and olive oil. The detailed characterization of olives and olive products -- Components of olives and olive plant product and uses. Lipids, phenolics, and other organics and volatiles. Metals, electrolytes, and other components. Non fruit aspects including mill wastewater -- Stability, microbes, contaminants, and adverse components and processes. Bacterial and fungal and other microbial aspects. Pesticides and adulterants. Toxicology and contaminants -- Analytical methods. Natural components. Adverse components -- General nutrition. General aspects and changes in food processing -- Cardiovascular. Cardiac aspects. Vascular aspects including hypertension. Lipid aspects -- Oxidative stress -- Cancer and immunology. Cancer. Immunology and inflammation -- Other effects, uses, and diseases. Cells and cellular effects. Skin and cosmeceuticals. Major organ systems including liver and metabolism -- Tyrosol and hydroxytyrosol -- Oleuropein -- Oleic acid -- Other components found in olive plants and products.
- Omega-3 fatty acids and the DHA principle 2010, CRCnetBASECh. 1. Molecular biology of Omega-3 chains as structural lipids : many central questions remain unanswered -- Ch. 2. Darwinian selection of the fittest membrane lipids : from archaeal isoprenoids to DHA-enriched rhodopsin disks -- Ch. 3. Coevolution of DHA membranes and their proteins -- Ch. 4. Convergent evolution of DHA/EPA biosynthetic pathways -- Ch. 5. Membrane evolution in a marine bacterium : capitalizing on DHA for energy conservation in seawater -- Ch. 6. Evolution of DHA membranes in human neutrons -- Ch. 7. DHA/EPA chains as powerful membrane antifreeze -- Ch. 8. DHA as a mediocre permeability barrier against cations : water wire theory -- Ch. 9. DHA/EPA membranes as targets of oxidative damage -- Ch. 10. Bacteria : environmental modulation of membrane lipids for bioenergetic gain -- Ch. 11. Chloroplasts : harnessing DHA/EPA for harvesting light in the sea -- Ch. 12. Mitochondria : DHA-cardiolipin boosts energy output -- Ch. 13. Sperm : essential roles of DHA lead to development of a mechanical stress hypothesis -- Ch. 14. DHA/EPA mutualism between bacteria and marine animals -- Ch. 15. Membrane adaptations for an oily environment : lessons from a petroleum-degrading bacterium -- Ch. 16. Lessons from yeast : phospholipid conformations are important in winemaking -- Ch. 17. DHA principle applied to global warming -- Ch. 18. DHA principle applied to molecular farming -- Ch. 19. DHA/unsaturation theory of aging -- Ch. 20. DHA principle applied to neurodegenerative diseases -- Ch. 21. Dietary DHA in prevention of colon cancer : how a risk to the cell benefits the organism.
- Omega-3 fatty acids, the brain and retina 2009, KargerOmega-6/omega-3 essential fatty acids : biological effects / Simopoulos, A.P. -- Depression, suicide, and deficiencies of omega-3 essential fatty acids in modern diets / Hibbeln, J.R. -- Serial structural magnetic resonance imaging analysis and proton and 31-phosphorus magnetic resonance spectroscopy to the investigation of cerebral fatty acids in major depressive disorder, Huntington's disease (chorea), and myalgic encephalomyelitis (chronic fatigue syndrome), and in forensic schizophrenic patients / Puri, B.K.; Tsaluchidu, S.; Treasaden, I.H. -- Omega-3 fatty acid docosahexaenoic acid is the precursor of neuroprotectin D1 in the nervous system / Niemoller, T.D.; Stark, D.T.; Bazan, N.G. -- Docosahexaenoic acid and amyloid-[beta] peptide signaling in Alzheimer's disease / Lukiw, W.J. -- Administration of docosahexaenoic acid, uridine, and choline increases levels of synaptic membranes and dendritic spines in rodent brain / Wurtman, R.J. ... [et al.] -- An assessment of dietary docosahexaenoic acid requirements for brain accretion and turnover during early childhood / Hadley, K.B. ... [et al.] -- Variation in lipid-associated genes as they relate to risk of advanced age-related macular degeneration / SanGiovanni, J.P., Mehta, S., Mehta, S.
- Omega-6/3 fatty acids 2013, Springer
- Omega-6/omega-3 essential fatty acid ratio 2003, Karger
- Omics 2012, CRCnetBASE
- Omics perspective on cancer research 2010, Springer
- OMMBID 2001
- Irving Yalom. --- Opening remarks -- Richard Shaw. --- Running from the garden with the hibiscus hedge -- Randall Weingarten. --- A Simple monk --- Word for a chairman leaving office --- Transference --- Memoir in eight lines -- James Lock. --- Stories for doctors -- Audrey Shafer. --- Operating room suite --- A Foot -- Mark Cullen. --- Excerpt from Thurwood summer, Thurwood fall -- Hans Steiner. --- Holding a life in your head -- List of Pegasus publications from 2010 & 2011.
- On bypass 2008, Springer
- On growth, form and computers 2003, ScienceDirect
- On suffering 2011, ebraryThe first book to address issues of suffering as separate from pain that require psychologically and culturally sensitive interventions
- On the psychobiology of personality 2004, ScienceDirect
- On the take 2005Free gifts, free meals, free education, special deals -- Money-warped behavior -- Conflicts of interest : financial and otherwise -- Influenced by gifts? Not I! -- Your doctor's tainted information -- Our obliging professional organizations -- Can you trust your doctor? -- Can we trust our researchers? -- How did it happen? -- What can be done?
- On-line hemodiafiltration 2011, KargerHistorical milestones of a long pathway / Roy, T. -- Polysulfone : the development of a membrane for convective therapies / Heilmann, K., Keller, T. -- The machine and the therapy concept / Greenwood, R.N. -- Backfiltration : past, present and future / Rangel, A.V. ... [et al.] -- Producing on-line ultrapure dialysis fluid / von Albertini, B. -- Membrane requirements for high-flux and convective therapies / Bowry, S.K. -- Regulatory challenges of on-line hemodiafiltration / Pirovano, D. -- Facing regulatory challenges of on-line hemodiafiltration / Kümmerle, W. -- The membrane permeability outcome study / Locatelli, F. ... [et al.] -- The early years of on-line HDF : How did it all start? How did we get here? / Canaud, B. -- Evolution of the concept of biocompatibility and the cardioprotective effect of on-line hemodiafiltration / Ramírez, R., Martín-Malo, A., Aljama, P. -- On-line hemodiafiltration in the large RISCAVID study / Panichi, V., Tetta, C. -- Overcoming the limitations of post-dilution on-line hemodiafiltration : mixed dilution hemodiafiltration / Pedrini, L.A., Wiesen, G. -- Fifteen years of experience with on-line hemodiafiltration / Maduell, F. -- Adopting on-line hemodiafiltration as standard therapy in EMEA nephrocare centers / Stopper, A. ... [et al.] -- Utilization of hemodiafiltration as treatment modality in renal replacement therapy for end-stage renal disease patients : a global perspective / Sichart, J.-M., Moeller, S. -- Seeking an optimal renal replacement therapy for the chronic kidney disease epidemic : the case for on-line hemodiafiltration / Gatti, E., Ronco, C.
- On-line medical dictionary Fulltext
- On-scene guide for crisis negotiators. 2nd ed. 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Part I. The Science and Technology of Oncofertility -- Reproductive health after cancer -- Designing follicle-environment interactions with biomaterials -- Gamete preservation -- To transplant or not to transplant: that is the question -- Clinical cases in oncofertility -- Cancer genetics: risks and mechanisms of cancer in women with inherited susceptibility to epithelial ovarian cancer -- Protecting and extending fertility for females of wild and endangered mammals -- -- Part II. Historical and Legal Perspectives -- Placing the history of oncofertility -- Medical hope, legal pitfalls: potential legal issues in the emerging field of oncofertility -- Domestic and international surrogacy laws: implications for cancer survivors -- -- Part III. Clinical and Theoretical Ethics -- Adoption after cancer: adoption agency attitudes and perspectives on the potential to parent post-cancer -- Ovarian tissue cryopreservation and bioethical discourse -- Lessons of oncofertility for assisted reproduction -- Morally justifying oncofertility research -- Ethical dilemmas in oncofertility: an exploration of three clinical scenarios -- Participation in investigational fertility preservation research: a feminist research ethics approach -- Reproductive "choice" and egg freezing -- Impact of infertility: why ART should be a higher priority for women in the global south -- Oncofertility and informed consent: addressing beliefs, values, and future decision making -- -- Part IV. Religious Perspectives -- Bioethics and oncofertility: arguments and insights from religious traditions -- Sacred bodies: considering resistance to oncofertility in Muslim communities -- Unlikely motherhood in the Qur'an: oncofertility as devotion -- Technology and wholeness: oncofertility and Catholic tradition -- Jewish perspectives on oncofertility: the complexities of tradition -- --Part V. Ramifications for Education and Economics -- Oncofertility Saturday academy: a paradigm to expand the educational opportunities and ambitions of high school girls -- Myoncofertility.org: a web-based patient education resource supporting decision making under severe emotional and cognitive overload -- Anticipating ovarian tissue cryopreservation in the health-care marketplace: a willingness to pay assessment -- Perspectives on oncofertility from demography and economics -- For the sake of consistency and fairness: why insurance companies should cover fertility preservation treatment for iatrogenic infertility -- -- Part VI. Repercussions of Oncofertility for Patients and Their Families -- Health provider perspectives on fertility preservation for cancer patients -- Counseling and consenting women with cancer on their oncofertility options: a clinical perspective -- Fertility-related treatment choices of cancer patients: cancer-related infertility and family dynamics -- Whose future is it?: ethical family decision making about daughters' treatment in the oncofertility context -- -- Part VII. Healthcare Provider Stories and Final Thoughts -- Choosing life when facing death: understanding fertility preservation decision-making for cancer patients -- Discussing fertility preservation with breast cancer patients -- Warning: Google can be hazardous to your health: fertility preservation is an important part of cancer care -- Role of a patient navigator in fertility preservation -- Judaism and reproductive technology -- Reading between the lines of cancer and fertility: a provider's story -- Rewarding experience for a pediatric urologist -- Final thoughts.
- Oncofertility. Fertility preservation for cancer survivors 2007, SpringerPart I. Introduction --The emergence of a new discipline: oncofertility /Teresa K. Woodruff --Part II. Fertility risk and treatment options --Fertility management for women with cancer /Sanjay K. Agarwal and R. Jeffrey Chang --Fertility preservation in adult male cancer patients /Robert E. Brannigan --Managing fertility in childhood cancer patients /Kimberley J. Dilley --Fertility risk in pediatric and adolescent cancers /Clarisa R. Gracia and Jill P. Ginsberg --Part III. Oncofertility techniques and research --Bioengieneering and the ovarian follicle /Min Xu, Teresa K. Woodruff, and Lonnie D. Shea --The science of cryobiology /Steven F. Muller and John K. Critser --Ovarian tissue cryopreservation and transplantation: banking reproductive potential for the future /David Lee --Progress, history and promise of ovarian cryopreservation and transplantation for pediatric cancer patients /Yasmin Gosiengfiao --Part IV. Health care decision-making --Oncofertility and the social sciences /Karrie Ann Snyder --Shared decision making: fertility and pediatric cancers /Marla L. Clayman, Kathleen M. Galvin, and Paul Arnston --Part V. Ethical and psychosocial impact of cancer-related infertility --Today's research, tomorrows cures: the ethical implications of oncofertility /Leilah E. Backhus and Laurie Zoloth --The psychosocial context of cancer-related infertility /Matthew J. Loscalzo and Karen L. Clark --Childhood cancer: fertility and psychosocial implications /Karen E. Kinahan, Aarati Didwania, and Carrie L. Nieman --Fertility preservation and adolescent cancer patients: lessons from adult survivors of childhood cancer and their parents /Carrie L. Nieman ... [et al.] --Part VI. Training in a new medical discipline and medical guidelines --Oncofertility: a new medical discipline and the emerging scholar /Laxmi A. Kondapalli --Oncofertility Consortium consensus statement: guidelines for ovarian tissue cryopreservation /Leilah E. Backhus ... [et al.] --Part VII. Patient stories and oncofertility --Personal accounts of cancer and infertility /provided by Fertile Hope.
- Ob/gyn secrets. Updated 3rd ed. ........
- — Oncofertility. Fertility preservation...
- Oncogene techniques ....................
- — Organelle proteomics ...................
- Organelles, genomes, and eukaryote ph...
- — Oxidative neural injury ................
- Oxidative phosphorylation in health a...
- — Ozone. 2nd ed. .........................
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Authors: Adrian M.K. Thomas, Arpan K. Banerjee