View by page
- OB-GYN pathology for the clinician a practical review with clinical correlations — Omega-6/3 fatty acids functions, sustainability, strategies, and perspectives (101)
- Omics approaches in breast cancer towards next-generation diagnosis, prognosis, and therapy — Optical imaging of cancer clinical applications (101)
- Optical imaging techniques in cell biology — Oski's Pediatrics principles & practice. 4th ed. (101)
- Osmosensing and osmosignaling — Ozone a new medical drug. 2nd ed. (99)
- 1. Getting the best answer: specimen handling and a quick review of the workings of the pathology laboratory -- 2. Normal histology of the female genital tract -- 3. Diseases of the vulva and anal neoplasia -- 4. Diseases of the vagina and urethra -- 5. Diseases of the cervix -- 6. Diseases of the endometrium -- 7. Diseases of the myometrium -- 8. Diseases of the fallopian tube -- 9. Diseaes of the ovary -- 10. Diseases of the broad ligaments and peritoneum -- 11. Pathology of the female genital tract related to pregnancy -- 12. Pathology of the placenta -- 13. Gestational trophoblastic neoplasia -- 14. Gynecologic cytology -- Index.
- Print Material
- Obesity and binge eating disorder 2005KargerControl of Food Intake / Gutzwiller, J.-P.; Beglinger, C. (Basel) -- Regulation of Body Weight / Langhans, W.; Geary, N. (Zurich) -- Epidemiology and Symptomatology of Obesity / Wechsler, J.G. (Munchen); Leopold, K. (Lausanne); Bischoff, G. (Munchen) -- Etiology of Obesity / Vogele, C. (London) -- Treatment Options of Obesity: Behavioral Weight Control / Laessle, R.G. (Trier) -- Pharmacological Management of Obesity / Bray, G.A. (Baton Rouge, La.) -- Surgical Treatment of Morbid Obesity / Muller, M.K.; Weber, M. (Zurich) -- Treatment of Obese Children / Braet, C. (Ghent) -- Binge Eating Disorder: A New Eating Disorder or an Epiphenomenon of Obesity? / Tuschen-Caffier, B.; Schlussel, C. (Bielefeld) -- Course, Etiology, and Maintenance of Binge Eating Disorder / Hilbert, A. (St. Louis, Mo.) -- The Psychological and Pharmacological Treatment of Binge Eating Disorder. An Overview / Biedert, E. (Basel) -- Binge Eating Disorder in Childhood - What Do We Know About It? / Munsch, S. (Basel); Hilbert, A. (St. Louis, Mo.) -- Binge Eating Disorder: Specific and Common Features. A Comprehensive Overview / Munsch, S.; Dubi, K. (Basel)
- Obesity is a risk factor for breast cancer in older women. A number of adipose-derived and obesity-related factors have been shown to affect tumour cell growth. These include adipokines, insulin, IGF-1 and oestrogens. The majority of obesity-related postmenopausal breast cancers are oestrogen-dependent. Since the ovaries no longer produce oestrogens after menopause, and that circulating levels are negligible, it is evident that it is the oestrogens produced locally within the breast adipose that are responsible for the increased growth of breast cancer cells. Aromatase is the enzyme that converts androgens into oestrogens and its regulation is dependent on the activity of a number of tissue-specific promoters.Targeting oestrogen biosynthesis in obesity may be useful for the prevention of breast cancer.Aromatase inhibitors are efficacious at treating postmenopausal breast cancer and recent studies suggest that they may also be useful in the prevention setting. However, these compounds inhibit the catalytic activity of aromatase and as a consequence lead to a number of undesirable side-effects, including arthralgia and possible cognitive defects due to inhibition of aromatase in the bone and brain, respectively. Novel therapies, such as those employed to treat obesity-associated disease, including anti-diabetics, may prove successful at inhibiting aromatase specifically within the breast.This SpringerBrief will explore all of these issues in depth and the authorsare in a unique position to write about this topic,havingextensive experience in the field of aromatase research.
- Obesity and diabetes 2006SpringerObesity and diabetes: the historical events marking the evolution of the understanding of the pathophysiology and treatment of two related diseases / George Karanastasis and Christos S. Mantzoros -- Epidemiology of obesity and diabetes: prevalence and trends / Susanna C. Larsson and Alicja Wolk -- Genetics of obesity and diabetes / Despina Sanoudou and Christos S. Mantzoros -- Nutrients and peripherally secreted molecules in regulation of energy homeostasis / Greeshma K. Shetty, Diana Barb, and Christos S. Mantzoros -- Central integration of peripheral signals in regulation of energy homeostasis / Greeshma K. Shetty, George Karanastasis, and Christos S. Mantzoros -- Role of energy expenditure in regulation of energy homeostasis / Eric S. Bachman -- Pathophysiology of diabetes in obesity / Geetha R. Soodini and Osama Hamdy -- Diagnosing obesity, diabetes mellitus and the insulin resistance syndrome / Diana Barb and Christos S. Mantzoros -- Metabolic syndrome / Rochelle L. Chaiken and Mary Ann Banerji -- Obesity, diabetes, and hypertension / Anjanette S. Tan ... [et al.] -- Dyslipidemia associated with diabetes and insulin resistance syndromes / Jody Dushay and J. Peter Oettgen -- Obesity, diabetes, and endothelial dysfunction / Geetha R. Soodini, Edward S. Horton, and Osama Hamdy -- Atherosclerosis and peripheral vascular disease: sequelae of obesity and diabetes / Satish N. Nadig and Allen Hamdan -- Obesity, diabetes, and risk of cancer: a review of epidemiological studies / Susanna C. Larsson, Hans-Olov Adami, and Alicja Wolk -- Polycystic ovary syndrome a and its metabolic complications / Emilia P. Liao and Leonid Poretsky -- Obesity and type 2 diabetes mellitus in childhood and adolescence / Susann Blüher and Wieland Kiess -- Diabetic retinopathy / Vassiliki Poulaki and Joan W. Miller -- Obesity and renal disease / Ayman Geneidy and Richard Solomon -- Diabetic peripheral neuropathy / Rachel Nardin and Roy Freeman -- The diabetic foot / Thanh L. Dinh and Aristidis Veves -- Erectile dysfunction / Kenneth J. Snow -- Infections in diabetes mellitus / Sotirios Tsiodras ... [et al.] -- The HAART-induced metabolic syndrome / Sotirios Tsiodras, Theodore Kelesidis, and Christos S. Mantzoros -- Diet and lifestyle in the prevention and management of type 2 diabetes / Frank B. Hu -- Diet, exercise, and behavioral treatment of obesity / George L. Blackburn -- Medical approaches to the treatment of the obese patient / George A. Bray and Donna H. Ryan -- Medical treatment of the obese patient with type 2 diabetes / Jean L. Chan, Christos S. Mantzoros and Martin J. Abrahamson -- Surgical treatment of obesity and diabetes / Benjamin E. Schneider and Edward C. Mun -- Future developments in the area of pharmacotherapy: molecules in early-stage preclinical development and in clinical trials that may affect energy homeostasis / Diana Barb, Greeshma K. Shetty, and Christos S. Mantzoros.
- This timely and clinically oriented book uniquely addresses the entire spectrum of treatment for severe obesity and diabetes. It thoroughly examines all aspects from robotic surgery to cell therapy, from the latest antidiabetic drugs to endoscopic procedures and devices, from appetite-inhibiting signals and nutrients to gastric arterial embolization. It offers objective and authoritative information for practicing professionals; not only are successful interventions discussed and updated, but cutting-edge and experimental pathways are also anticipated. Obesity is the foremost nutritional challenge worldwide. Its companion is type-2 diabetes, the most prevalent metabolic disease. Together they represent the diabesity epidemic, which is draining resources, overwhelming healthcare facilities, and impacting life expectancy and quality of life everywhere. No country has been spared, and most medical specialties have been affected. Many books focus on the surgical options for obesity and diabetes, namely bariatric and metabolic operations. Information on the clinical and pharmacological treatment is also available, conveyed by standard texts on internal medicine and endocrinology. Yet endoscopic maneuvers and prostheses, cell therapy for diabetes, and other innovative approaches are hard to come by, as conventional texts overlook such therapies. This timely publication bridges the gaps between all different therapeutic options, also covering advances in the conservative, surgical and parasurgical domains. This book will appeal to seasoned specialists, students and healthcare professionals in training alike.
- Introduction to Obesity and Fertility -- Obesity and the HPO axis -- Childhood and Adolescent Obesity: Implications for Reproductive Health and Function -- Nutrition in Human Fertility -- Preconceptional Obesity and Fetal Outcomes?Transdisciplinary Evidence for Obesity?s Effects on Fertility -- Fertility Treatment Outcomes in Obese Women -- Early Pregnancy in Obese Women -- Obesity in Pregnancy -- Contraceptive Counseling in Obese Women -- Obesity and Ovarian Aging (Diminished Ovarian Reserve and Menopause) -- Obesity, Reproductive Outcomes, and Access to Infertility Treatments: A Clinical and Ethical Debate -- Surgical Interventions and Reproductive Function in Obese Women -- Conclusions: Establishing an Ethically and Medically Sound Framework for Integrating BMI Limits Into Infertility Care for Obese Women.
- Obesity and lung disease a guide to management 2013SpringerAs a result of the rapidly growing rate of obesity worldwide, clinicians are struggling to provide the best strategies for treating obese patients with concomitant pulmonary conditions. Obesity does not simply change the epidemiology of pulmonary disease; obesity has a profound impact on the pathophysiology of common pulmonary diseases. Obesity affects the severity of asthma, response to treatment, and is likely a major modifier of the phenotype of asthma. Obesity also appears to affect response to pathogens, and as such has a major influence on response to pneumonia, and has a significant impact on outcomes pertaining to acute lung injury in the intensive care unit. Obesity and Lung Disease: A Guide to Management is the first text in the field to cover the full range of issues related to managing obese patients with pulmonary problems.
- Obesity and metabolism 2008.KargerMonogenic human obesity / Farooqi, I.S. -- Polygenic contribution to obesity : genome-wide strategies reveal new targets / Korner, A. ... [et al.] -- Genetic obesity syndromes / Goldstone, A.P., Beales, P.L. -- Fetal and neonatal pathways to obesity / Gluckman, P.D. ... [et al.] -- Developmental origins of obesity and the metabolic syndrome : the role of maternal obesity / Armitage, J.A., Poston, L., Taylor, P.D. -- Childhood obesity / Sabin, M.A., Shield, J.P.H. -- Obesity in old age / McPhee Chapman, I. -- Models of obesity in large animals and birds / Clarke, I.J. -- The [beta]-cell in type 2 diabetes and in obesity / Rutter, G.A., Parton, L.E. -- Role of the endocannabinoid system in energy balance regulation and obesity / Cota, D. -- 11[beta]-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 and obesity / Morton, N.M., Seckl, J.R. -- Gut and hormones and obesity / Wren, A.M. -- Adipokines in obesity / Ahima, R.S., Osei, S.Y. -- The role of AMP-activated protein kinase in obesity / Kola, B., Grossman, A.B., Korbonits, M. -- Classical endocrine diseases causing obesity / Weaver, J.U. -- Emerging concepts in the medical and surgical treatment of obesity / Aylwin, S., Al-Zaman, Y. -- The sociology of obesity / Rosengren, A., Lissner, L. -- Obesity in art--a brief overview / Woodhouse, R.
- Obesity and the kidney 2006KargerObesity and chronic kidney disease / Kramer, H. -- Obesity and kidney transplantation / Srinivas, T.R., Meier-Kriesche H.-U. -- Body mass index and the risk of chronic renal failure: the Asian experience / Iseki, K. -- Obesity paradox in patients on maintenance dialysis / Kalantar-Zadeh, K., Kopple, J.D. -- Adipose tissue as an endocrine organ: a nephrologists' perspective / Chudek, J. ... [et al.] -- Renal handling of adipokines / Kataoka, H., Sharma, K. -- Lipid metabolism and renal disease / Abrass, C.K. -- Role of the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system in the metabolic syndrome / Engeli, S. -- Functional and structural renal changes in the early stages of obesity / Thakur, V., Morse, S., Reisin, E. -- Leptin as a proinflammatory cytokine / Lord, G.M. -- Adipose tissue and inflammation in chronic kidney disease / Axelsson, J., Heimbürger, O., Stenvinkel, P. -- Leptin and renal fibrosi / Wolf, G., Ziyadeh, F.N. -- Obesity and renal hemodynamics / Bosma, R.J. ... [et al.] -- Insulin resistance and renal disease / Fliser, D., Kielstein, J.T., Menne, J. -- Treatment of obesity: a challenging task / Sharma, A.M., Iacobellis, G. -- Weight loss and proteinuria / Praga, M., Morales, E. -- Treatment of arterial hypertension in obese patients / Wenzel, U.O., Krebs, C. -- Bariatric surgery / Korenkov, M.
- Obesity dietary and developmental influences 2006CRCnetBASE
- Obesity during pregnancy in clinical practice 2014SpringerSection I. Introduction -- 1. Introduction: Breaking the Cycle of Obesity in Mothers and Children -- 2. Obesity and infertility -- 3. Preconception and Pregnancy Care in Overweight or Obese Women -- 4. hared Decision-Making and Labor Management in Parturients -- Section II. Translating the Metabolism of Pregnancy -- 5. Epidemiologic Trends and Maternal Factors Predicting Postpartum Weight -- 6. Relationship between depressive mood and maternal obesity- implications for postpartum depression -- 7. Body Image as a Contributor to Weight in Pregnancy and Postpartum -- Section III. The Event -- 8. Promoting a Healthy Weight After Delivery -- 9. Obesity and Physical Activity During Pregnancy and Postpartum: Evidence, Guidelines, and Recommendations -- 10. Maternal obesity, gestational weight gain, and childhood growth in the first year of life -- Section IV. Meeting the Challenges -- 11. ernal Obesity and Implications for the Long-term Health of the Offspring -- 12. Family- centered interventions to reduce maternal and child obesity -- 13. Obesity Screening Recommendations and Emerging Policies.
- Obesity management in family practice 2006Springer
- Obesity management the cardiovascular benefits : proceedings of a meeting held in Cannes, April 2005 2005HighWire
- Brain reorganization following weight loss / M. Rosenbaum, R.L. Leibel -- Physical activity and weight loss / J.M. Jakicic -- Dietary strategies for weight management / B.J. Rolls -- Targeting adipose tissue inflammation to treat the underlying basis of the metabolic complications of obesity / M.I. Goran, T. Alderete -- Summary discussion on obesity treatment : challenges and opportunities -- New directions for prevention -- The gut microbiome and obesity / M.A.J Hullar, J.W. Lampe -- Starting early : obesity prevention during infancy / L.L. Birch, S. Anzman-Frasca, I.M. Paul -- The economics of food choice behavior : why poverty and obesity are linked / A. Drewnowski -- The importance of the food and physical activity environments / J.M. Oppert, H. Charreire -- The importance of systems thinking of address obesity / D.T. Finegood -- Summary discussion on new directions for prevention.
- Obesity, inflammation, and cancer 2013SpringerIn addition to their metabolic and endocrinologic effects, obesity and adipose tissue have now been shown to be associated with chronic low grade inflammation resulting in cellular and humoral factors of which the latter may act by endocrine, paracrine and autocrine mechanisms. These inflammatory mediators have increasingly been suggested as contributing to the obesity link to carcinogenesis and cancer promotion. Obesity, Inflammation and Cancer focuses on recent developments and cutting edge research pointing to inflammation and inflammatory factors as key mediators of this linkage. It also describes possible strategies for targeting inflammation as an approach to cancer prevention and control. Students, researchers and clinicians, especially those interested in the relation of obesity to cancer and the role of inflammation and its impact on cancer, will find this volume particularly useful. It provides important insight on the role of inflammation in cancer etiology and progression and serve as a platform for developing future research in this area.
- "The spread of obesity has been declared a worldwide epidemic by the World Health Organization (WHO). In fact, a new term, globesity, has been coined to describe the recent upsurge of overweight and obesity throughout the world's population. How severe is the problem? According to WHO, worldwide obesity has more than double since 1980. In 2008, 1.5 billion adults, 20 and older, were overweight . Of these over 200 million men and 300 million women were obese. 65% of the world's population live in countries where overweight and obesity kills more people than underweight . Furthermore, nearly 43 million children under the age of five were underweight in 2010 "-- Provided by publisher.
- Print MaterialEpidemiology of obesity -- Epidemiology of obesity: a global burden for the new millennium -- Environmental estrogens, endocrine disruption, and obesity -- Cigarette smoking, inflammation, and obesity -- Disordered eating as a correlate in the development of obesity -- Role of neurotransmitters in obesity regulation -- Neurobiology of obesity -- Leptin as a vasoactive adipokine: link between metabolism and vasculature -- Overview of ghrelin, appetite, and energy balance -- Molecular genetics of obesity syndrome: role of DNA methylation -- Oxidative stress status in humans with metabolic syndrome -- Obesity and type 2 diabetes -- Angiogenesis-targeted redox-based therapeutics -- Obesity as an occult risk factor for drug and chemical toxicities -- Adipose drug targets for obesity treatment -- Safety of obesity drugs -- The fundamental role of physical activity and exercise in weight management -- Nutritional and dietary approaches for weight management: an overview -- Gender differences in body fat utilization during weight gain, loss, or maintenance -- Appetite, body weight, health implications of a low-glycemic-load diet -- Beyond obesity prevention: the anti-aging effects of caloric restriction -- Dietary supplement carbohydrate digestion inhibitors: a review of the literature -- Vegetarian diet in the prevention and treatment of obesity -- The Atkins paradigm -- Polyphenols from fruits and vegetables in weight management and obesity control -- Chromium (III) in promoting weight loss and lean body mass -- An overview on (-)-hydroxycitric acid in obesity regulation -- A review of the safety and efficacy of citrus aurantium in weight management -- Conjugated linoleic acid and weight control: from the biomedical immune viewpoint -- The role of tea in weight management -- Laboratory and clinical studies of chitosan -- Phaseolus vulgaris and a-amylase inhibition -- Glucomannan in weight loss: a review of the evidence -- Role of caralluma fumbriata in weight management -- Role of medium-chain triglycerides in weight management -- Anti-obesity by marine lipids -- Dairy foods, calcium, and weight management -- Lessons from the use of ephedra products as dietary supplements -- Dietary supplementation in weight loss: a dietitian's perspective -- Treatment and prevention of childhood obesity and associated metabolic diseases -- Bariatric surgery in obesity and reversal of metabolic disorders.
- Object recognition, attention, and action 2007SpringerObject recognition. Occlusion awaits disclosure / Gijs Plomp, Cees van Leeuwen -- Functional MRI evidence for neural plasticity at early stages of visual processing in humans / Sophie Schwartz -- Pattern recognition in direct and indirect view / Hans Strasburger, Ingo Rentschler -- Part based strategies for visual categorisation and object recognition / Martin Juttner -- Recent psychophysical and neural research in shape recognition / Irving Biederman -- Object recognition in humans and machines / ChristianWallraven, Heinrich H. Bulthoff -- Prior knowledge and learning in 3D object recognition / Markus Gschwind, Hans Brettel, Ingo Rentschler -- Neural representation of faces in human visual cortex : the roles of attention, emotion, and viewpoint / Patrik Vuilleumier -- Attention. Object recognition : attention and dual routes / Volker Thoma, Jules Davidoff -- Interactions between shape perception and egocentric localization / Hiroyuki Sogo, Naoyuki Osaka -- Feature binding in visual working memory / Jun Saiki -- Biased competition and cooperation : a mechanism of mammalian visual recognition? / Gustavo Deco, Martin Stetter, Miruna Szabo -- Action. Influence of visual motion on object localisation in perception and action / Hiroshi Ashida -- Neural substrates of action imitation studied by fMRI / Shigeki Tanaka -- Two types of anticipatory timing mechanisms in synchronization tapping / Yoshihiro Miyake, Yohei Onishi, Ernst Poppel.
- Objective structured clinical examinations 10 steps to planning and implementing OSCEs and other standardized patient exercises 2013SpringerObjective structured clinical examinations (OSCEs) and other exercises that utilize standardized patients (SPs) can simulate actual clinician-patient encounters with great impact. They are one of the most effective methods for training and assessing competencies across undergraduate, (post)graduate, and continuing health professions education. However, organizing such programs requires strong leadership and the collaboration of many key individuals for planning and implementation. This book, Objective Structured Clinical Exams: 10 Steps to Planning and Implementing OSCEs and other Standardized Patient Exercises, serves as a comprehensive how-to manual and addresses the need for best practice guidelines. It contains a review of relevant literature, pointers for designing OSCE cases, tips on recruiting and training standardized patients, and it describes innovative uses of standardized patients for remediation and assessment in clinical settings. Charts, graphs, and sample forms are included to make this a singular resource for any educator interested in creating or improving OSCEs and other standardized patient programs.
- Print Material--v.1, The structure of the body: cells, tissues and skin; case histories and questions based on nursing care of gastro-enteritis, undernutrition and infestation ; v.2, The skeletal system and the muscular system ; v.3, The circulatory system and the respiratory system ; v.4, The digestive system and the urinary system
- Print Material
- Print Material1. Deontología médica -- 2. Divulgacion -- 3. Biologia -- 4. Cirugia -- 5. Obstetricia -- 6. Higene y medicina social -- 7. Anatomia y varios.
- Print Material1. Buch. Funktionelle Störungen des Sinnes und der Bewegung.
- Observed confidence levels theory and application 2008CRCnetBASE
- Obsessive-compulsive symptoms in schizophrenia 2015SpringerThis book summarizes scientific advances in our understanding of the interrelationship between obsessive-compulsive symptoms (OCS) and schizophrenia and reflects on the implications for future research directions. In addition, guidelines are provided on practical assessment, diagnosis, and treatment interventions, covering both pharmacotherapy and psychotherapy. Full account is taken of the fact that the variable clinical presentation regarding time of onset and course of OCS in patients with schizophrenia strongly suggests the need for a perspective that recognizes heterogeneous subgroups and diverse neurobiological explanations. Research-based multidimensional conceptual frameworks are accordingly provided relating to the co-occurrence of the disorders, incorporating recent epidemiological, neurocognitive, neurogenetic, and pharmacodynamic findings. Obsessive-Compulsive Symptoms in Schizophrenia has been written by an international team of experts who offer insights gained through their extensive experience. It will be an invaluable guide to this frequent and clinically important comorbidity and will be particularly useful for mental health practitioners.
- Obstetric and gynecologic dermatology. 3rd ed. 2008ClinicalKeyObstetrics -- Hormonal changes during puberty, pregnancy, and the menopause -- Perimenstrual skin eruptions, autoimmune progesterone dermatitis, autoimmune estrogen dermatitis -- Physiologic skin changes of pregnancy -- Systematic approach to the dermatoses of pregnancy -- Pemphigoid (herpes) gestations -- Polymorphic eruption of pregnancy -- Intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy -- Atopic eruption of pregnancy -- Papular and pruritic dermatoses of pregnancy -- Effect of pregnancy on other skin disorders -- Connective tissue diseases in pregnancy -- Infectious diseases in pregnancy -- Gynecologic dermatology -- Vulvar anatomy -- Lichen sclerosus -- Lichen planus -- Vulvar pruritus and lichen simplex chronicus -- Vulvar dermatoses: papulosquamous diseases -- Vulvar dermatoses: the eczematous diseases -- Skin-colored and red papules and nodules -- Pustules, vesicles, bullae, and erosions -- Vulvar ulcers -- Disorders of pigmentation -- Vulvar neoplasms and cysts -- Vaginitis -- Vulvar edema -- Pediatric vulvar disorders -- Vulvodynia.
- Obstetric and gynecologic ultrasound case review. 3rd ed. 2013ClinicalKeyAn outstanding title from the popular Case Review Series, Obstetric and Gynecologic Ultrasound provides 119 case histories, with over 300 corresponding images, questions, answers, commentary, references, and more, to enhance your imaging interpretation skills in obstetric and gynecologic ultrasound. Its discussions incorporate the most recent knowledge from OB/GYN ultrasound literature, providing an excellent review for residents and practitioners alike. Turn to Obstetric and Gynecologic Ultrasound as excellent review for the Boards!Effectively prepare for certification, recertification, and practice with content that mimics the new format of board exams as well as the everyday clinical experience.
- Obstetric anesthesia handbook. 5th ed. 2010Springer
- Obstetric dermatology a practical guide 2009Springer
- Obstetric imaging 2012ClinicalKey"Obstetric Imaging will help you detect fetal abnormalities with greater confidence and accuracy. Covering MRI as well as ultrasound and interventional procedures, it equips you with expert tips for recognizing and addressing problems that you might otherwise miss. Obstetric Imaging provides the advanced guidance you need to recognize fetal health challenges early and respond effectively!"--Publisher's website.
- Obstetric medicine-- a problem-based approach 2007.Springer
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Obstetrics and gynecology-- a competency-based companion 2010ClinicalKeyDesigned to teach you to think like a more experienced clinician, Obstetrics and Gynecology: A Competency-Based Companion, by Michael Belden, MD, places as much value on process as it does on content. This unique resource features a case-based organization that hones in on essential knowledge in obstetrics and gynecology. Its convenient pocket-sized format enables you to review the material on the go, and online access via Student Consult enhances your study of the material and exponentially boosts your reference power. Provides high-yield core information essential to rotations in a pocket-sized, portable format. Uses a color-coded system that places core information in a framework of the ACGME Core Competencies. Offers self-assessment activities throughout to promote retention and application of knowledge, including access on line to your own competency-based portfolio tools and competency-specific learning modules (Vertical Reads). Features ACGME Core Competencies enabling you to integrate evidence-based medicine, continual self-assessment, and cognizance of interpersonal skills into your daily routine. Includes features such as "Speaking Intelligently" and "Clinical Thinking" in each chapter to help you see the "big picture." Presents "Teaching Visuals"--An interactive teaching device designed to reinforce visual concepts. Equips you to perform a more in-depth review of obstetric and gynecological topics with "Clinical Entities" that link to top references in the field. Includes access to Student Consult at www.studentconsult.com, where you'll find the complete text and illustrations of the book online, fully searchable . "Integration Links" to bonus content in other Student Consult titles . Self-Assessment Competency Log . Professors Pearls that provide cases with questions and annotated answers . Vertical Reads . and much more!
- Print MaterialHealth care for women: obstetrics and gynecology as specialty and primary-preventive health care -- Ethics in obstetrics and gynecology -- Embryology, anatomy, and reproductive genetics -- Maternal-fetal physiology -- Antepartum care -- Intrapartum care -- Abnormal labor -- Intrapartum fetal surveillance -- Immediate care of the newborn -- Postpartum care -- Isoimmunization -- Postpartum hemorrhage -- Postpartum infection -- Abortion -- Ectopic pregnancy -- Medical and surgical considerations of pregnancy -- Hypertension in pregnancy -- Multifetal gestation -- Fetal growth abnormalities -- Third-trimester bleeding -- Postterm pregnancy -- Preterm labor -- Premature rupture of membranes -- Obstetric procedures -- Contraception -- Sterilization -- Vulvitis and vaginitis -- Sexually transmitted diseases -- Pelvic relaxation, urinary incontinence, and urinary tract infection -- Endometriosis -- Dysmenorrhea and chronic pelvic pain -- Disorders of the breast -- Gynecologic procedures -- Reproductive cycle -- Puberty -- Amenorrhea and dysfunctional uterine bleeding -- Hirsutism and virilization -- Menopause -- Infertility -- Premenstrual syndrome/premenstrual dysphoric disorder -- Cell biology and principles of cancer therapy -- Gestational trophoblastic neoplasia -- Vulvar and vaginal disease and neoplasia -- Cervical neoplasia and carcinoma -- Uterine leiomyoma and neoplasia -- Endometrial hyperplasia and cancer -- Ovarian and adnexal disease -- Human sexuality -- Sexual assault and domestic violence.
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Print MaterialEndocrinology of Pregnancy -- Fetal Physiology -- Normal Pregnancy, the Puerperium, and Lactation -- Antepartum Care -- Identification of the High-Risk Pregnant Patient -- Prenatal Screening and Diagnosis: Obstetric Ultrasound and Genetic Testing -- Teratology -- Substance Abuse in Pregnancy -- Antepartum Bleeding -- Labor and Delivery -- Intrapartum Fetal Monitoring -- Operative Obstetrics -- Obstetric Anesthesia -- Postterm Pregnancy -- Preterm Labor -- Hypertension in Pregnancy -- Other Medical Complications of Pregnancy -- The Gynecologic Office Visit -- The Menstrual Cycle -- Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology -- Müllerian Anomalies and Disorders of Sexual Development -- Amenorrhea -- Abnormal Uterine Bleeding -- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome -- Hirsutism and Hyperandrogenic Disorders -- Pelvic Pain -- Endometriosis -- Uterine Leiomyomas -- The Infertile Couple -- Ectopic Pregnancy -- Recurrent Pregnancy Loss -- Family Planning: Contraception and Complications -- Sexually Transmitted Infections -- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease -- Vulvovaginitis -- Disorders of the Pelvic Floor -- Menopause -- Breast Disease -- Gestational Trophoblastic Disease -- Pelvic Malignancies -- Intimate Partner Violence and Sexual Assault -- Medicolegal Considerations in Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- Obstetrics in family medicine a practical guide 2006SpringerPhysiology -- Preconception care -- Prenatal care -- Medications in pregnancy -- Dysmorphic growth and genetic abnormalities -- Intrauterine growth restriction -- Preterm labor -- Premature rupture of membranes -- Early pregnancy bleeding -- Late pregnancy bleeding -- Recurrent spontaneous abortion -- Rh isoimmunization -- Infection in pregnancy -- Hypertension in pregnancy -- Diabetes in pregnancy -- HIV and pregnancy -- Multigestational pregnancy -- Post-dates pregnancy -- Normal labor -- Induction and augmentation -- Pain management in labor -- Operative delivery -- Prolonged labor -- Shoulder dystocia -- Malpresentation -- Fetal heart rate monitoring -- Maternal fever in labor -- Postpartum hemorrhage -- Perineal laceration and episiotomy -- Newborn evaluation -- Routine hospital postpartum management -- Complications of the hospital postpartum period.
- Print Material
- Obstetrics normal and problem pregnancies. 6th ed. 2012ClinicalKeyPlacental anatomy and physiology -- Placental and fetal physiology -- Maternal physiology -- Maternal-fetal immunology -- Developmental origins of adult health and disease -- Preconception and prenatal care: part of the continuum -- Nutritional management during pregnancy -- Drugs and environmental agents in pregnancy and lactation: embryology, teratology, epidemiology -- Obstetrical ultrasound: imaging, dating, and growth -- Genetic counseling and genetic screening -- Prenatal genetic diagnosis -- Antepartum fetal evaluation -- Normal labor and delivery -- Abnormal labor and induction of labor -- Operative vaginal delivery -- Intrapartum fetal evaluation -- Obstetrical anesthesia -- Malpresentations and shoulder dystocia -- Antepartum and postpartum hemorrhage -- Cesarean delivery -- The neonate -- Postpartum care -- Lactation and breastfeeding -- Surgery during pregnancy -- Trauma and related surgery in pregnancy -- Pregnancy loss -- Cervical insufficiency -- Preterm birth -- Premature rupture of the membranes -- Multiple gestations -- Intrauterine growth restriction -- Red cell alloimmunization -- Amniotic fluid disorders -- Prolonged and postterm pregnancy -- Hypertension -- Heart disease -- Respiratory diseases in pregnancy -- Renal disease -- Diabetes mellitus complicating pregnancy -- Thyroid and parathyroid diseases in pregnancy -- Pituitary and adrenal disorders in pregnancy -- Hematologic complications of pregnancy -- Thromboembolic disorders -- Collagen vascular diseases -- Hepatic and gastrointestinal diseases -- Neurologic disorders -- Malignant diseases and pregnancy -- Skin disease in pregnancy and puerperium -- Maternal and perinatal infection: the sexually transmitted diseases chlamydia, gonorrhea, and syphilis -- Maternal and perinatal infection-viral -- Maternal and perinatal infection-bacterial -- Mental health and behavioral disorders in pregnancy -- Patient safety and quality measurement in obstetrical care -- Legal and ethical issues in obstetrical practice.
- Obstructive airway diseases role of lipid mediators 2012CRCnetBASE"Incidences of inflammatory airway diseases are on the rise across the world. Existing therapeutic options are ineffective, unsafe, and expensive, and severe cases are nonresponsive to conventional therapy. Therefore, it is imperative that research be undertaken to discover new treatment options. Obstructive Airway Diseases: Role of Lipid Mediators discusses clinically successful and potential lipid targets that can make a difference in treating some of the most intractable disease states."--Publisher description.
- Obstructive sleep apnea in adults relationship with cardiovascular and metabolic disorders 2011KargerObstructive sleep apnea in adults : epidemiology, clinical presentation, and treatment options -- Inflammation, oxidative stress, and procoagulant and thrombotic activity in adults with obstructive sleep apnea -- Metabolic disorders associated with obstructive sleep apnea in adults -- Endothelial dysfunction in adults with obstructive sleep apnea -- Hemodynamic and autonomic changes in adults with obstructive sleep apnea -- Cardiovascular disorders associated with obstructive sleep apnea.
- Print MaterialPerspectives / Kudisha -- History / Zupancic, Lavie -- Epidemiology / Yuen -- Ontogeny / Hoban, Bliwise -- Upper airway anatomy / Tung -- Physiology and dynamics of the upper airway / Huang, Marcus -- Control of breathing in sleep / Smith ... [et al.] -- Arousal from sleep / Halász -- Pathogenesis / Nguyen, Yim, Malhotra -- Risk factors / Ramar, Guilleminault -- Familial and genetic factors / Patel, Tishler -- The spectrum of sleep-disordered breathing / Habib, Phillips -- Central and autonomic nervous systems / Colrain, Trinder -- Cardiac arrhythmias and congestive heart failure / Chen, Bradley -- Hypertension and the cardiovascular system / Budhiraja, Quan -- Endocrine function and glucose metabolism / Stamatakis, Punjabi -- Obesity / Dyken ... [et al.] -- Mood and behavior in obstructive sleep apnea / Aloia, Bruce -- Sleepiness / Kirsch, Chervin -- Obstructive sleep apnea and health-related quality of life / Moyer, Moyer, Chervin -- Driving risk and accidents / Sagaspe, Philip -- Economic and societal impact / Wittmann, Rodenstein.
- Print MaterialWork, environment, and health -- Recognition, assessment, and prevention -- Hazardous exposures -- Adverse health effects -- An integrated approach to prevention.
- Occupational asthma 2010Springer
- Occupational cancers 2014SpringerThis book is a comprehensive guide to occupational factors of malignant diseases. It discusses potentially work-related malignancies, in the context of exposure assessment, specific clinical and pathological features of occupational cancer and biomarkers of exposure and disease. Epidemiological data about risk ratios of the cancer in question are reviewed for various occupations and with exposure to specific carcinogens, carcinogenic mechanisms, host susceptibility factors (genetic and other) and other environmental and life-style risk factors. Aspects such as surveillance of workers exposed to carcinogens, and strategies for prevention of occupational cancer are also discussed. Occupational Cancers is aimed at oncologists, pathologists, residents in training, clinical researchers, clinicians in occupational health, epidemiologists, pulmonologists, lawyers and public health officials.
- Occupational hearing loss. 3rd ed. 2006CRCnetBASE
- Occupational physiology 2012CRCnetBASEWork, working life, occupational physiology / Allan Toomingas, Svend Erik Mathiassen, and Ewa Wigaeus Tornqvist -- Work demanding high energy metabolism / Ewa Wigaeus Tornqvist -- Work requiring considerable muscle force / Katarina Kjellberg -- Work in awkward postures / Karin Harms-Ringdahl -- Work with highly repetitive movements / Fredrik Hellström -- Prolonged, low-intensity, sedentary work / Allan Toomingas -- Work with high levels of mental strain / Bo Melin -- Work that disrupts the diurnal rhythm / Torbjörn Åkerstedt -- Work in heat and cold / Désirée Gavhed -- A good working life for everyone / Allan Toomingas, Margareta Bratt Carlström, and Svend Erik Mathiassen.
- Occupational safety and hygiene 2013CRCnetBASEApplied ergonomics -- Cognitive ergonomics -- Construction safety -- Economic aspects of prevention -- Education and training in prevention -- Emerging risks -- Environmental ergonomics -- Fire safety -- Health monitoring and occupational medicine -- Human and organisational factors -- Occupational ergonomics -- Occupational hygiene -- Occupational safety -- Risk assessment methods -- Other.
- Print Materialv. 1. 1200 multiple choice questions and referenced answers.
- Print Materialv. 1. 1000 multiple choice questions and referenced explanatory answers.
- Occupational therapy in epidermolysis bullosa a holistic concept for intervention from infancy to adult 2013SpringerEpidermolysis bullosa (EB) is the collective term for a heterogenous group of genetic skin disorders characterised by the formation of blisters and erosions on skin and mucous membranes.This book deals with early childhood motor and perceptual development, a particular challenge for children with extremely fragile skin. Going into functional treatment, it addresses rehabilitation of hands and feet in EB patients with fusions or contractures.The authors are occupational therapists with long-term experience in the management of EB patients. In an extraordinary holistic approach, they present a combination of paediatric and functional areas of treatment.Occupational therapy tools and interventions can help alleviate a number of accompanying complications and symptoms of EB, enhance self-care, and improve quality of life in general.Due to its practical approach, this book not only serves as a unique guide for doctors and health care professionals but is also comprehensible and useful for patients.
- Print Material
- Pathogens in the sea: an overview / Colin B. Munn -- Diversity, sources, and detection of human bacterial pathogens in the marine environment / Janelle R. Thompson, Luisa A. Marcelino, and Martin F. Polz -- Biotic and abiotic effects / Lester W. Sinton -- Survival of enteric bacteria in seawater: molecular aspects / Yael Rozen and Shimshon Belkin -- Human pathogenic viruses in the marine environment / Albert Bosch, F. Xavier Abad, and Rosa M. Pinto -- Survival of viruses in the marine environment / Charles P. Gerba -- Zoonotic protists in the marine environment / Ronald Fayer and James M. Trout -- Marine and estuarine harmful algal blooms: impacts on human and animal health / Jan Landsberg, Fran Van Dolah, and Gregory Donelli -- Vibrio vulnificus / James D. Oliver -- Vibrio parahaemolyticus--seafood safety and associations with higher organisms / Firdausi Qadri ... [et al.] -- Global microbial ecology of vibrio cholerae / Rita R. Colwell -- Gram-positive bacteria in the marine environment / Maria del mar Lleo, Caterina Signoretto, and Pietro Canepari -- Fecal contamination in coastal areas: an engineering approach / M. Pommepuy ... [et al.] -- Retention of pathogenicity in viable nonculturable pathogens / Iddya Karunasagar and Indrani Karunasagar -- Thalassogenic infectious diseases caused by wastewater pollution of the marine environment / Hillel Shuval -- Bacterial pathogens of marine fish / Brian Austin -- Microbial diseases of corals / E. Rosenberg and Y. Barash -- Aquacultures and animal pathogens in the marine environment with emphasis on marine shrimp viruses / Jeffrey M. Lotz, Robin M. Overstreet, and D. Jay Grimes.
- Ocular and adnexal lymphoma 2014SpringerThis book a conjoint effort of ocular oncologists, general oncologists, and pathologists is a comprehensive source of authoritative information on the subject of ocular and adnexal lymphoma. It covers all aspects, including clinical features, classification, epidemiology, diagnostic evaluation, biopsy techniques, histology and molecular pathology, staging procedures, and treatment methods. Detailed information is provided on primary vitreoretinal and adnexal lymphomas and chapters are also included on rare variants such as T cell lymphoma and reactive lymphoid hyperplasia of the ocular adnexa. The emphasis throughout is on easy readability, and the layout ensures rapid retrieval of information. In order to convey fundamental concepts, numerous tables, clinical photographs, histopathologic microphotographs, and imaging studies (fluorescein and indocyanine angiograms, ultrasonograms, CT scans, and MR images) are included.
- Angiogenic diseases -- Age-related macular degeneration / Curtis L. Hagedorn and Ron A. Adelman -- Endogenous angiogenic inhibitors in diabetic retinopathy / Jian-Xing Ma and Sarah X. Zhang -- Corneal angiogenesis / Trevor R. Carmichael -- Polypoidal choroidal vasculopathy / Nahoko Ogata and Kanji Takahashi -- Myopic choroidal neovascularization / Kyoko Ohno-Matsui and Takashi Tokoro -- Mechanisms of the formation and stability of retinal blood vessels / Jonathan Stone, Trent Sandercoe, and Jan Provis -- Neovascular glaucoma / James C. Tsai and M. Bruce Shields -- Eales' disease / Jyotirmay Biswas -- Angiogenesis and ocular tumorigenesis / Nader Sheibani and Daniel M. Albert -- Genetics of ocular vascular disease / Jacquie Greenberg, Ari Ziskind, and Stephen P. Daiger -- Endogenous promoters and inhibitors of angiogenesis -- Vascular endothelial growth factor and retinal diseases / Sam Dahr and Karl G. Csaky -- The role of fibroblast growth factors in ocular angiogenesis / Andreas Bikfalvi and Sophie Javerzat -- Control of neovascularization and cell survival in the eye by PEDF / Joyce Tombran-Tink and Colin J. Barnstable -- Thrombospondin: guarding the clear view / Arin Aurora and Olga V. Volpert -- Regulation of ocular angiogenesis by matrix proteases and tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases / Bela Anand-Apte -- Integrins in ocular angiogenesis / Matthew R. Ritter and Martin Friedlander -- Ocular inflammation and neovascularization / Chi-Chao Chan and Robert B. Nussenblatt -- Therapeutics and delivery for angiogenic eye diseases -- Anti-VEGF therapies for diseases of the retina and choroid / Ming Lu and Donald J. D'Amico -- Anecortave acetate: a novel ocular angiostatic agent / Stella M. Robertson ... [et al.] -- Gene therapy for neovascular retinopathies / Brian J. Raisler, Kenneth I. Berns, and William W. Hauswirth -- Noninvasive delivery of DNA into the eye / John M. Nickerson ... [et al.] -- Novel drug delivery systems for posterior segment ocular disease / Heather Sheardown and W. Mark Saltzman.
- Ocular blood flow 2012Springerq. Anatomy of the ocular vasculatures -- 2. Determination of ocular blood flows with the microsphere method -- 3. Laser doppler flowmetry in animals -- 4. Oxygen measurements in animals -- 5. Measurement of ocular blood flow: angiography -- 6. Measurement of retinal vessel diameters -- 7. Laser doppler techniques for ocular blood velocity and flow -- 8. Color doppler imaging -- 9. Other approaches -- 10. Systemic determinants -- 11. Local determinants -- 12. Neural control of ocular blood flow -- 13. Endothelial and adrenergic control -- 14. Retinal ischemia in relation to glaucoma and neuroprotection -- 15. Ocular blood flow in diabetes: contribution to tthe microvascular lesions of diabetic retinopathy -- 16. Age-related macular degeneration: hemodynamic changes -- 17. The role of ocular blood flow abnormalitities in the pathogenesis of glaucoma -- 18. Ocular blood flow in disease: other diseases -- 19. Systemic diseases: cardiovascular disease and ocular manifestation -- Index.
- Ocular blood flow and glaucomatous optic neuropathy 2009Springer
- Ocular disease-- mechanisms and management 2010ClinicalKeyA newly introduced companion volume to the classic Adler's Physiology of the Eye-correlates basic science and clinical management to describe the how and why of eye disease processes and the related best management protocols. Editors Leonard A. Levin and Daniel M. Albert-two of the world's leading ophthalmic clinician-scientists-have recruited as contributors the most expert and experienced authorities available in each of the major areas of ophthalmic disease specific to ophthalmology: retina, cornea, cataract, glaucoma, uveitis, and more. The concise chapter structure features liberal use of color-with 330 full-color line artworks, call-out boxes, summaries, and schematics for easy navigation and understanding. In print and online at expertconsult.com, this comprehensive resource provides you with a better and more practical understanding of the science behind eye disease and its relation to treatment.
- 1. Nanoparticulate-based therapeutics: an overview / Deepak Thassu, Kris Holt, and Gerald J. Chader -- 2. Eye anatomy, physiology and ocular barriers: basic considerations for drug delivery / Gerald J. Chader and Deepak Thassu -- 3. Animal models to evaluate nanoparticulate drug delivery systems / Vinson M. Wang, Jingsheng Tuo, and Chi-Chao Chan -- 4. Computer modeling for ocular drug delivery / Paul J. Missel -- 5. Considerations for development of ophthalmic nanotechnology-based drugs / Banu S. Zolnik, Sherizaq Baksh, and Nakissa Sadrieh -- 6. Blood-retinal barrier: the fundamentals / Rosa Fernandes, Andreia Gonçalves, and José Cunha-Vaz -- 7. Barriers to transscleral drug delivery to the retina / Alexandra Almazan ... [et al.] -- 8. Drug delivery to the vitreous humor / Francine Behar-Cohen -- 9. Transscleral and suprachoroidal drug delivery / Damian E. Berezovsky and Henry Edelhauser -- 10. Protein drug delivery to retina and choroid / Hogwen M. Rivers and Patrick M. Hughes -- 11. Transscleral drug delivery to the posterior segment of the eye / Bernard F. Godley ... [et al.] -- 12. Drug delivery to the suprachoroidal space / Sung Won Cho and Timothy Olsen -- 13. Use of nanoparticles in the treatment of age-related macular degeneration, glaucoma and other degenerative retinal diseases / Marco A. Zarbin ... [et al.] -- 14. Drug molecule characteristics and their impact on anterior versus posterior segment drug delivery strategies / Kay D. Rittenhouse -- 15. Surface modulation of nanoparticles / Deepak Thassu and Kris Holt -- 16. Nanoparticles for the treatment of retinal diseases / Amin Famili and Uday B. Kompella -- 17. Gene-based medicine for ocular diseases / Shannon M. Conley and Muna I. Naash -- 18. Stealth-type polymeric nanoparticles with encapsulated betamethasone phosphate for treatment of intraocular inflammation / Tsutomu Sakai, Tsutomu Ishihara, and Megumu Higaki -- 19. Nanotechnology-guided imaging of retinal vascular disease / Joshua R. Trantum, John S. Penn, and Ashwath Jayagopal -- 20. Photoresponsive polymers for ocular drug delivery / Laura A. Wells and Heather Sheardown -- t21. Nanosuspensions in ocular drug delivery systems / Himanshu Bhattacharjee and Sonia Bedi.
- Ocular infections 2014SpringerOcular infections remain an important cause of ocular morbidity and loss of vision, yet many are preventable or curable. Early diagnosis and prompt treatment help in the control of such infectious disorders and the prevention of blindness. There are many infectious diseases of the eye and adnexa, and knowledge of their diagnosis and management is essential to an optimal therapeutic outcome. This book provides the practitioner with the important information required to ensure appropriate diagnosis and management of ocular infectious diseases. Specific clinical signs and symptoms are outlined, and the role of specific diagnostic tests, including molecular biology techniques, is explained. All of the most common microorganisms are considered and current knowledge on the antimicrobial therapy of ocular infections is clearly summarized. Ocular Infections will be a great help to physicians as a guide to the care of patients with ocular infectious diseases.
- Ocular melanoma: advances in diagnostic and therapeutic strategies / Timothy G. Murray & H. Culver Boldt -- Laboratory discoveries in uveal melanoma / Aart G. Jochemsen & Martine J. Jager --Incidence, prevalence and epidemiology of ocular melanoma / Tero Kivelä -- Clinical features and diagnosis / Katrina Mears & H. Culver Boldt -- Diagnostic imaging in ocular melanoma / Timothy G. Murray, Fiona J. Ehlies, Andrea Wildner & Aaron S. Gold -- Genetics of ocular melanoma and implications for patient risk / Bertil Damato & Sarah E. Coupland -- Biopsy approaches and testing strategies for genomic prognostication / Carlos A. Medina & Arun D. Singh -- Preoperative clinical evaluation and imaging for uveal melanoma / Sohpie Piperno-Neumann, Vincent Servois, Pascale Mariani & Laurence Desjardins -- Regional anesthesia for surgical management of ocular melanoma / Jacqueline Tutiven & Michael Vigoda -- Enucleation surgery in advanced ocular disease / Daniel Gologorsky & Timothy G. Murray -- Brachytherapy for uveal melanoma / Samuel K. Houston 3rd, H. Culver Boldt & Timothy G. Murray -- Charged particle radiotherapy for ocular melanoma / Ivana K. Kim, Anne Marie Lane, Helen A. Shih & Evangelos S. Gragoudas -- Adjunctive treatment strategies for high-risk ocular melanoma / Sapna P. Patel & Dan S. Gombos -- Treatment strategies for clinically detectable metastatic uveal melanoma / Aakanksha Prasad Asija, Makoto Yoshida & Takami Sato -- Surveillance for early detection of metastatic ocular melanoma following definitive local therapy / Jasmine H. Francis, Tero Kivelä & Richard D. Carvajal -- Ophthalmic screening for postradiotherapy complications: implications for treatment and visual outcomes / Samuel K. Houston 3rd, Nisha Shah & Timothy G. Murray -- Collaborative Ocular Melanoma Study: overview of outcomes / Barbara S. Hawkins -- Surgical management of radiation-related complications / Samuel K. Houstin 3rd & Timothy G. Murray -- Visual rehabilitation for ocular melanoma / Aaron S. Gold, Azeema Latiff & Timothy G. Murray -- Index.
- Print MaterialBasic principles of pathology -- Congenital anomalies -- Nongranulomatous inflammation: uveitis, endophthalmitis, panophthalmitis, and sequelae -- Granulomatous inflammation -- Surgical and nonsurgical trauma -- Skin and lacrimal drainage system -- Conjunctiva -- Cornea and sclera -- Uvea -- Lens -- Neural (sensory) retina -- Vitreous -- Optic nerve -- Orbit -- Diabetes mellitus -- Glaucoma -- Ocular melanocytic tumors -- Retinoblastoma and pseudoglioma.
- Ocular pathology. Seventh edition. [7th ed.] 2015ClinicalKeyComprehensive, yet concise and clinically oriented, the new edition of Ocular Pathology brings you the very latest advances of every aspect of ocular pathology. From updated information on today's imaging techniques, to the implementation of genetic data to better understand disease, this esteemed medical reference book promises to keep you at the forefront of your field Take advantage of clinical "pearls" that offer you the benefits of proven strategies.Quickly reference information with help from a convenient outline format, ideal for today's busy physician. Visualize every concept by viewing 1,900 illustrations, 1,600 of which are in full color, from the collections of internationally renowned leaders in ocular pathology.
- Ocular pharmacology and toxicology 2014Springer ProtocolsChallenges in ocular pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, and toxicology / Brian C. Gilger -- Selection of appropriate animal models in ocular research : ocular anatomy and physiology of common animal models / Brian C. Gilger, Eva Abarca, and Jacklyn H. Salmon -- Challenges and strategies in drug residue measurement (bioanalysis) of ocular tissues / Poonam R. Velagaleti and Michael H. Buonarati -- Chemistry, manufacturing, and control of ophthalmic formulations / Malay Ghosh and Imran Ahmed -- ADME and ocular therapeutics : retina / Cornelis J. Van der Schyf, Samuel D. Crish, Christine Crish, Denise Inman, and Werner J. Geldenhuys -- Compositions, formulation, pharmacology, pharmacokinetics, and toxicity of topical, periocular, and intravitreal ophthalmic drugs / Kishore Cholkar, Aswani Dutt Vadlapudi, Hoang M. Trinh, and Ashim K. Mitra -- Sustained-release ocular drug delivery systems : bench to bedside development / Susan S. Lee, Michael R. Robinson, and Scott M. Whitcup -- Ophthalmic examination as it pertains to general ocular toxicology : basic and advanced techniques and species-associated findings / David A. Wilkie -- Study design and methodologies for evaluation of anti-glaucoma drugs / Paul E. Miller -- Study design and methodologies for study of ocular medical devices / Joseph W. Carraway and Elaine M. Daniel -- Methodologies for microscopic characterization of ocular toxicity / Leandro B.C. Teixeira and James A. Render -- Nanoparticles for drug and gene delivery in treating diseases of the eye / Shreya S. Kulkarni and Uday B. Kompella.
- Ocular surface disease cornea, conjunctiva and tear film 2013ScienceDirect2013 ClinicalKey
- 1 Aquaporins and water transport in the cornea / Alan S. Verkman -- 2 Roles of corneal epithelial ion transport mechanisms in mediating responses to cytokines and osmotic stress / Peter S. Reinach, José E. Capó-Aponte, Stefan Mergler, and Kathryn S. Pokorny -- 3 Vitamin C transport, delivery, and function in the anterior segment of the eye / Ram Kannan and Hovhannes J. Gukasyan -- 4 Mechanisms of aqueous humor formation: cellular model of aqueous flow / Chi-wai Do, Chi-wing Kong, Chu-yan Chang, Mortimer M. Civan, and Chi-ho To -- 5 Membrane transporters: new roles in lens cataract / Paul J. Donaldson and Julie Lim -- 6 Lens Na+, K+-ATPase / Nicholas A. Delamere and Shigeo Tamiya -- 7 Pathophysiology of pericyte-containing retinal microvessels: roles of ion channels and transporters / Donald G. Puro -- 8 Molecular mechanisms of the inner blood-retinal barrier transporters / Masatoshi Tomi and Ken-ichi Hosoya -- 9 Regulation and transport in the RPE / Adnan Dibas and Thomas Yorio -- 10 Glucose transporters in the retinal pigment epithelium / Lawrence J. Rizzolo -- 11 Ca2+ channels in the retinal pigment epithelium: modulators of retinal pigment epithelium function and communication with neighboring tissues / Olaf Strauss - 12 Taurine transport pathways in the outer retina in relation to aging and disease / Ali A. Hussain and John Marshall -- 13 P-Glycoprotein expression and function in the retinal pigment epithelium / Paul A. Constable, John G. Lawrenson, and N. Joan Abbott -- 14 The retinal rod NCKX1 and cone/ganglion cell NCKX2 Na+/CA2+-K+ exchangers / Paul P.M Schnetkamp et al -- 15 Excitatory amino acid transporters in the retina / Vijay Sarthy and David Pow -- 16 Localization and function of gamma aminobutyric acid transporter 1 in the retina / Giovanni Casini -- 17 Biochemical defects associated with genetic mutations in the retina-specific ABC transporter, ABCR, and macular degenerative diseases / Esther E. Biswas-Fiss -- 18 Glutamate transporters and retinal disease and regulation / Nigel L. Barnett and Natalie D. Bull -- 19 Glutamate transport in retinal glial cells during diabetes / Erica L. Fletcher and Michelle M. Ward -- 20 The emerging significance of drug transporters and metabolizing enzymes to ophthalmic drug design / Mayssa Attar and Jie Shen -- 21 Barriers in ocular drug delivery / Sriram Gunda, Sudharshan Hariharan, Nanda Mandava, and Ashim K. Mitra -- 22 Ophthalmic applications of nanotechnology / Swita Raghava, Gaurav Goel, and Uday B. Kompella -- 23 Vitamin C transporters in the retina / Vadivel Ganapathy, Sudha Ananth, Sylvia B. Smith, and Pamela M. Martin -- 24 The plasma membrane transporters and channels of corneal endothelium / Jorge Fischbarg.
- Ocular traumatology 2008SpringerTerminology of mechanical injuries: the Birmingham Eye Trauma Terminology (BETT) -- Classification of mechanical eye injuries -- Predicting the severity of an eye injury: the Ocular Trauma Score (OTS) -- Counseling the injured individual and the family -- From the other side: the patient's viewpoint -- Myths and truths in ocular traumatology -- Clinical epidemiology, prevention, and rehabilitation -- Strategic thinking in ocular traumatology -- Evaluation -- Emergency management -- Conjunctiva -- Cornea -- Sclera and limbus -- Tissue prolapse -- Anterior chamber -- Iris and pupil -- Lens -- Ciliary body and choroid -- Vitreous and retina -- Trauma by blunt object: contusions -- Open glove injury: a brief overview -- Trauma by blunt object: ruptures -- Penetrating injuries and IOFBs -- Perforating injuries -- Injury involving the entire globe -- Ocular trauma in children and in elderly patients -- Endophthalmitis -- Posttraumatic glaucoma -- Hypotony -- Endoscopy -- Chemical injuries -- Electromagnetic trauma -- The effects of systemic trauma on the eye.
- Ocular vascular occlusive disorders 2015SpringerThis book provides a comprehensive account of the pathogenesis, clinical features, and management of ocular vascular occlusive disorders, with the focus very much on the scientific evidence. This offers a sound basis for addressing the many controversies that surround these disorders, which collectively constitute the most common cause of visual impairment or blindness. The book is divided into two sections, the first of which addresses the basic science and encompasses vascular anatomy, blood supply and flow, and retinal tolerance time to acute ischemia. The second, clinical, section covers the presentation, clinical features, diagnosis, and treatment of the full range of vascular occlusive disorders of the retina, the choroid, the anterior segment of the eye, ophthalmic manifestations of carotid artery disease and the optic nerve. ℗ℓ In writing Ocular Vascular Occlusive Disorders, the author has drawn upon more than 55 years of experience in basic and clinical research. The book will be an invaluable source of information for general ophthalmologists, and particularly for retina specialists, neuro-ophthalmologists, and researchers. It is hoped that it will go far in rectifying the lack of in-depth scientific understanding that is the source of many misapprehensions and debates.
- Oculoplastic and reconstructive surgery 2008ClinicalKeyDisorders of the eyelid: congenital -- Disorders of the eyelid: lesions -- Disorders of the eyelid: eyelid trauma -- Disorders of the eyelid: involutional changes -- Disorders of the eyelid: blepharoptosis and eyelid retraction -- Disorders of the lacrimal system: congenital obstruction -- Disorders of the lacrimal system: acquired causes of epiphora -- Disorders of the orbit: orbital imaging -- Disorders of the orbit: infections -- Disorders of the orbit: inflammations -- Disorders of the orbit: neoplasms -- Disorders of the orbit: vascular abnormalities -- Disorders of the orbit: trauma -- Disorders of the orbit: anophthalmic socket.
- Oculoplastic surgery 2009ClinicalKey1. Entropion -- 2. Ectropion -- 3. Ptosis -- 3.a. Levator dehiscence -- 3.b. Mullerectomy -- 3.c. Levator resection -- 3.d. Supramid sling -- 3.e. Autogenous fascia lata sling ptosis repair -- 4. Canalicular laceration -- 5. Upper eyelid blepharoplasty -- 6. Transconjunctival blepharoplasty -- 7. Tearing -- 7.a. Stents -- 7.b. Dacryocystorhinostomy -- 7.c. Conjunctival dacryocystorhinostomy -- 8. Evisceration -- 9. Enucleation -- 10. Eyelid retraction -- 10.a. Upper eyelid retraction -- 10.b. Lower eyelid retraction -- 11. Trichiasis -- 11.a. Cryotherapy -- 11.b. Anterior lamellar block excision of eyelashes -- 12. Mohs reconstruction -- 12.a. Eyelid reconstructive surgery -- 12.b. Sliding temporal flap 12.c. Skin grafts -- 12.d. Cutler-Beard flap -- 12.e. Hughes flap -- 13. Chalazion -- 14. Blow-out fractures -- 15. Orbital decompression -- 16. Floopy eyelid syndrome -- 17. Temporal artery biopsy -- 18. Anophthalmic orbital volume augmentation -- 19. Eyebrow ptosis -- 20. Gold weight implant.
- Oculoplastics and orbit. Aesthetic and functional oculofacial plastic problem-solving in the 21st century 2010Springer
- Odor memory and perception. First edition. [1st ed.] 2014ScienceDirectThis well-established international series examines major areas of basic and clinical research within neuroscience, as well as emerging and promising subfields. This volume explores interdisciplinary research on invertebrate and vertebrate models of odor memory and perception, as well as human odor memory and perception. This book brings together a collection of authors that cut across model systems, techniques, levels of analysis and questions to highlight important and exciting advances in the area of olfactory memory and perception.
- Odze and Goldblum Surgical pathology of the GI tract, liver, biliary tract, and pancreas. Third edition. [3rd ed.] 2014ClinicalKeyGastrointestinal Tract Endoscopic and Tissue Processing Techniques and Normal Histology -- Screening and Surveillance Guidelines in Gastroenterology -- Diagnostic Cytology of the Gastrointestinal Tract -- Infectious Disorders of the Gastrointestinal Tract -- Manifestations of Immunodeficiency in the Gastrointestinal Tract -- Systemic Illnesses Involving the Gastrointestinal Tract -- Neuromuscular Disorders of the Gastrointestinal Tract -- Congenital and Developmental Disorders of the Gastrointestinal Tract -- Enteropathies Associated with Chronic Diarrhea and Malabsorption in Childhood -- Vascular Disorders of the Gastrointestinal Tract -- Autoimmune Disorders of the Gastrointestinal Tract -- Drug-Induced Disorders of the Gastrointestinal Tract -- Algorithmic Approach to Diagnosis of Inflammatory Disorders of the Gastrointestinal Tract -- Inflammatory Disorders of the Esophagus -- Inflammatory Disorders of the Stomach -- Inflammatory Disorders of the Small Intestine -- Inflammatory Disorders of the Large Intestine -- Inflammatory Disorders of the Appendix -- Polyps of the Esophagus -- Polyps of the Stomach -- Polyps of the Small Intestine -- Polyps of the Large Intestine -- Molecular Diagnostics of Tubal Gut Neoplasms -- Epithelial Neoplasms of the Esophagus -- Epithelial Neoplasms of the Stomach -- Epithelial Neoplasms of the Small Intestine -- Epithelial Neoplasms of the Large Intestine -- Epithelial Neoplasms of the Appendix -- Neuroendocrine Tumors of the Gastrointestinal and Pancreatobiliary Tracts -- Mesenchymal Tumors of the Gastrointestinal Tract -- Hematolymphoid Tumors of the Gastrointestinal Tract, Hepatobiliary Tract, and Pancreas -- Inflammatory and Neoplastic Disorders of the Anal Canal -- Gallbladder, Extrahepatic Biliary Tract, and Pancreas Tissue Processing Techniques and Normal Histology -- Molecular Genetics of Pancreatobiliary Neoplasms -- Diagnostic Cytology of the Biliary Tract and Pancreas -- Developmental Disorders of the Gallbladder, Extrahepatic Biliary Tract, and Pancreas -- Infectious and Inflammatory Disorders of the Gallbladder and Extrahepatic Biliary Tract -- Benign and Malignant Tumors of the Gallbladder and Extrahepatic Biliary Tract -- Inflammatory and Other Nonneoplastic Disorders of the Pancreas -- Tumors of the Pancreas -- Tumors of Major and Minor Ampulla -- Algorithmic Approach to Diagnosis of Liver Disorders -- Liver Tissue Processing and Normal Histology -- Molecular Pathogenesis and Diagnostics of Hepatocellular Tumors -- Diagnostic Cytology of the Liver -- Acute and Chronic Infectious Hepatitis -- Autoimmune and Chronic Cholestatic Disorders of the Liver -- Toxin- and Drug-Induced Disorders of the Liver -- Fatty Liver Disease -- Cirrhosis -- Vascular Disorders of the Liver -- Pathology of Liver and Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation -- Liver Pathology in Pregnancy -- Inherited Metabolic and Developmental Disorders of the Pediatric and Adult Liver -- Benign and Malignant Tumors of the Liver.
- Print Material
- Oesophagogastric surgery. 5th ed. 2014ClinicalKeyPathology of oesophageal and gastric tumours / Heike I. Grabsch -- Epidemiology, genetics and screening for oesophageal and gastric cancer / William H. Allum -- Staging of oesophageal and gastric cancer / Graeme Couper -- Preoperative assessment and perioperative management in oesophageal and gastric surgery / Sheraz R. Markar, James Helman, and Donald E. Low -- Surgery for cancer of the oesophagus / S. Michael Griffin and Richard G. Berrisford -- Treatment of early oesophageal cancer / B. Mark Smithers and Iain Thomson -- Surgery for cancer of the stomach / Takeshi Sano -- Endoscopic and surgical treatment of early gastric cancer / Joost Rothbarth, Arjun D. Koch, and Jan J.B. van Lanschot -- Radiotherapy and chemotherapy in treatment of oesophageal and gastric cancer / Tom Crosby and Adrian Crellin -- Palliative treatments of carcinoma of the oesophagus and stomach / Jane M. Blazeby and Natalie Blencowe -- Other oesophageal and gastric neoplasms / Richard H. Hardwick -- Pathophysiology and investigation of gastro-oesophageal reflux disease / John M. Findlay and Nicholas D. Maynard -- Treatment of gastro-oesophageal reflux disease / David I. Watson -- Treatment of the complications of gastro-oesophageal reflux disease and failed gastro-oesophageal surgery / Robert Mason -- Barrett's oesophagus / Max Almond, Hugh Barr, and Janusz Jankowski -- The management of achalasia and other motility disorders of the oesophagus / Derek Alderson -- Paraoesophageal hernia and gastric volvulus / Nathan W. Bronson, Kyle A. Perry, and John G. Hunter -- Benign ulceration of the stomach and duodenum and the complications of previous ulcer surgery / John Wayman -- Oesophageal emergencies / Jon Shenfine and S. Michael Griffin -- Bariatric surgery / Richard Welbourn.
- Office andrology 2005SpringerEssentials of sperm biology / Sharon T. Mortimer -- Endocrinology of male infertility / R. Dale McClure -- Sperm preparation for insemination / Grace M. Centola -- Specialized sperm testing: pros and cons / Kirk C. Lo ... [et al.] -- Genetic testing for male infertility / Robert D. Oates -- Optimizing success in a donor insemination program / Phillip E. Patton -- Ethical and legal considerations of donor insemination in the United States / Karen E. Adams -- Laboratory accreditation / William Byrd -- Office evaluation of male infertility / Darius A. Paduch and Eugene F. Fuchs -- Varicocele and infertility / Ulrike Zenke and Paul Turek -- Strategic therapies for ejaculatory disorders and erectile dysfunction in the infertile man / Mustafa F. Usta and Wayne J. G. Hellstrom -- Vasectomy reversal / Eugene F. Fuchs and Darius A. Paduch -- Infection and male infertility / Emmett F. Branigan -- Obstructive and nonobstructive azoospermia / Kinloch Nelson and Peter Schlegel -- Testis biopsy and the infertile male / Sherman J. Silber -- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection: the process, the outcomes, and the controversies / David E. Battaglia -- Treatment of human immunodeficiency virus-discordant couples / Joseph E. Peña and Mark V. Sauer -- Sperm and egg retrieval for posthumous reproduction: practical, ethical, and legal considerations / Lisa V. Brock and Anna C. Mastroianni -- Gender selection: separating fact from fiction / David S. Karabinus and Keith L. Blauer.
- Office ergonomics practical applications 2008CRCnetBASE1. Working posture -- 1.1. Introduction -- 1.2. Sitting versus standing -- 1.3. The back -- 1.4. Posture -- 1.5. Maintenance and monitoring of good posture -- 1.6. Summary -- 2. The design of workstation furniture -- 2.1. Introduction -- 2.2. Desks -- 2.2.1. Desk height -- 2.2.2. Worksurface design -- 2.2.3. Worksurface layout -- 2.2.4. Undersurface features -- 2.3. Partitions -- 2.4. Chairs -- 2.4.1. Seat height adjustment -- 2.4.2. Backrest adjustment -- 2.4.3. Armrests -- 2.4.4. Adjustment mechanisms -- 2.5. Accessories -- 2.5.1. Footrests -- 2.5.2. Wristrests -- 2.5.3. Document holders -- 2.5.4. Screen risers -- 2.5.5. Telephone headsets -- 2.5.6. Reading slopes -- 2.6. Summary -- 3. Workstation trials -- 3.1. Introduction -- 3.2. Task analysis -- 3.2.1. Starting the procedure -- 3.2.2. Information collection -- 3.2.3. Recording information -- 3.3. Trials -- 3.4. The roll-out -- 3.5. Summary -- 4. Computer use -- 4.1. Introduction -- 4.2. Desktops -- 4.3. Flat screens -- 4.4. Laptops -- 4.5. Wireless technology -- 4.6. Out-of-office working -- 4.6.1. Home office -- 4.6.2. Mobile offices -- 4.7. Summary -- 5. Screen displays -- 5.1. Introduction -- 5.2. Memory -- 5.2.1. Short-term memory -- 5.2.2. Long-term memory -- 5.3. Displays -- 5.3.1. Fonts -- 5.3.2. Using color -- 5.3.3. Layout -- 5.3.4. Wording -- 5.3.5. Windows -- 5.4. Summary -- 6. Input devices -- 6.1. Introduction -- 6.2. Keyboards -- 6.3. Mouse -- 6.4. Touchpads -- 6.5. Trackball -- 6.6. Joystick -- 6.7. Touchscreens -- 6.8. Graphics tablets -- 6.9. Voice recognition software -- 6.10. General design requirements -- 6.11. Summary -- 7. Organizational issues -- 7.1. Introduction -- 7.2. Job design -- 7.3. Work rate -- 7.4. Rest breaks -- 7.5. Overtime -- 7.6. Incentives -- 7.7. Motivation -- 7.8. Shift work -- 7.9. Compressed working week -- 7.10. Managing change -- 7.11. Summary -- 8. Training -- 8.1. Introduction -- 8.2. The trainees -- 8.3. Training methods -- 8.4. The course -- 8.5. Alternative approaches -- 8.6. Making training more effective -- 8.7. After the course -- 8.8. Summary -- 9. The environment -- 9.1. Introduction -- 9.2. Noise -- 9.3. Lighting -- 9.3.1. Glare -- 9.3.2. Artificial light -- 9.3.3. Natural light -- 9.3.4. Color -- 9.4. Thermal comfort -- 9.5. Summary -- 10. Manual handling -- 10.1. Introduction -- 10.2. Manual handling injuries -- 10.3. Reducing the risk -- 10.3.1. Mechanical assistance -- 10.3.2. Work demands -- 10.3.3. Object characteristics -- 10.3.4. Environmental conditions -- 10.3.5. The person -- 10.4. Training -- 10.5. Summary -- 11. Work-related ill health -- 11.1. Introduction -- 11.2. Upper limb disorders -- 11.2.1. Types of upper limb disorders -- 126.96.36.199. Tenosynovitis -- 188.8.131.52. Carpal tunnel syndrome -- 184.108.40.206. Dupuytren's contracture -- 220.127.116.11. Vibration white finger -- 18.104.22.168. Ganglion -- 22.214.171.124. Epicondylitis -- 126.96.36.199. Tendinitis -- 188.8.131.52. Frozen shoulder -- 184.108.40.206. Thoracic outlet syndrome -- 220.127.116.11. Cervical spondylosis -- 18.104.22.168. Osteoarthritis -- 11.2.2. Causes of upper limb disorders -- 22.214.171.124. Repetition -- 126.96.36.199. Awkward postures -- 188.8.131.52. Static muscle work -- 184.108.40.206. Force -- 220.127.116.11. Duration of exposure -- 18.104.22.168. Other contributory factors -- 22.214.171.124. Psychosocial factors -- 126.96.36.199. Extra-organizational factors -- 11.3. Responding to ULDs -- 11.4. Backache -- 11.5. Visual fatigue -- 11.6. Stress -- 11.7. Summary -- 12. Disability -- 12.1. Introduction -- 12.2. Workstation arrangements -- 12.3. Computer work -- 12.4. General environment -- 12.5 Summary -- 13. Risk assessment -- 13.1. Introduction -- 13.2. Sample checklists -- 14. Case studies -- 14.1. Introduction -- 14.2. Case study A -- 14.3. Case study B -- 14.4. Case study C -- 14.5. Case study D -- 14.6. Case study E --14.7. Case study F.
- Print Material
- Office-based gynecologic surgical procedures 2015SpringerRecent trends in medicine have pushed many gynecologic procedures to the outpatient setting, whether in-office, in small medical ambulatory surgery centers, or in procedure rooms. Office-Based Gynecologic Surgical Procedures covers both basic and advanced procedures, from biopsy and saline ultrasound to cystoscopy. It answers the "How?", "What?", and "When?" of setting up, preparing for, and confidently performing office procedures. While appropriate training and certification in these procedures such as cystoscopy and hysteroscopy is needed, this book is an excellent resource for advice and tips on how to safely transition from the technique used in the operating room. It also provides the necessary algorithms and in-depth instructions pertinent to performing these types of procedures effectively in the office setting. A chapter on patient safety in the office is also included. Office-Based Gynecologic Surgical Procedures is ideal for established OBGYNs in practice who want to expand their range of procedures offered in-office, fellows in Women's Health, advanced nurse practitioners, recent OBGYN residency graduates, and family medicine physicians eager to familiarize themselves with women's health procedures.
- Print Material
- Oh's Intensive care manual. Seventh edition. [7th ed.] 2014ClinicalKeyWhether you're a newcomer to the ICU or a seasoned practitioner, Oh's Intensive Care Manual delivers the practical, expert answers you need to manage the conditions you see every day in the intensive care unit. This highly esteemed, bestselling medical reference book presents comprehensive detail on each topic, while maintaining a succinct, accessible style so this information can be seamlessly incorporated into your daily practice.
- Print Material
- Print MaterialThe plant, production, olives and olive oil, and their detailed characterization. The plant and production. Olives and olive oil. The detailed characterization of olives and olive products -- Components of olives and olive plant product and uses. Lipids, phenolics, and other organics and volatiles. Metals, electrolytes, and other components. Non fruit aspects including mill wastewater -- Stability, microbes, contaminants, and adverse components and processes. Bacterial and fungal and other microbial aspects. Pesticides and adulterants. Toxicology and contaminants -- Analytical methods. Natural components. Adverse components -- General nutrition. General aspects and changes in food processing -- Cardiovascular. Cardiac aspects. Vascular aspects including hypertension. Lipid aspects -- Oxidative stress -- Cancer and immunology. Cancer. Immunology and inflammation -- Other effects, uses, and diseases. Cells and cellular effects. Skin and cosmeceuticals. Major organ systems including liver and metabolism -- Tyrosol and hydroxytyrosol -- Oleuropein -- Oleic acid -- Other components found in olive plants and products.
- Omega-3 fatty acids and the DHA principle 2010CRCnetBASECh. 1. Molecular biology of Omega-3 chains as structural lipids : many central questions remain unanswered -- Ch. 2. Darwinian selection of the fittest membrane lipids : from archaeal isoprenoids to DHA-enriched rhodopsin disks -- Ch. 3. Coevolution of DHA membranes and their proteins -- Ch. 4. Convergent evolution of DHA/EPA biosynthetic pathways -- Ch. 5. Membrane evolution in a marine bacterium : capitalizing on DHA for energy conservation in seawater -- Ch. 6. Evolution of DHA membranes in human neutrons -- Ch. 7. DHA/EPA chains as powerful membrane antifreeze -- Ch. 8. DHA as a mediocre permeability barrier against cations : water wire theory -- Ch. 9. DHA/EPA membranes as targets of oxidative damage -- Ch. 10. Bacteria : environmental modulation of membrane lipids for bioenergetic gain -- Ch. 11. Chloroplasts : harnessing DHA/EPA for harvesting light in the sea -- Ch. 12. Mitochondria : DHA-cardiolipin boosts energy output -- Ch. 13. Sperm : essential roles of DHA lead to development of a mechanical stress hypothesis -- Ch. 14. DHA/EPA mutualism between bacteria and marine animals -- Ch. 15. Membrane adaptations for an oily environment : lessons from a petroleum-degrading bacterium -- Ch. 16. Lessons from yeast : phospholipid conformations are important in winemaking -- Ch. 17. DHA principle applied to global warming -- Ch. 18. DHA principle applied to molecular farming -- Ch. 19. DHA/unsaturation theory of aging -- Ch. 20. DHA principle applied to neurodegenerative diseases -- Ch. 21. Dietary DHA in prevention of colon cancer : how a risk to the cell benefits the organism.
- Omega-3 fatty acids, the brain and retina 2009KargerOmega-6/omega-3 essential fatty acids : biological effects / Simopoulos, A.P. -- Depression, suicide, and deficiencies of omega-3 essential fatty acids in modern diets / Hibbeln, J.R. -- Serial structural magnetic resonance imaging analysis and proton and 31-phosphorus magnetic resonance spectroscopy to the investigation of cerebral fatty acids in major depressive disorder, Huntington's disease (chorea), and myalgic encephalomyelitis (chronic fatigue syndrome), and in forensic schizophrenic patients / Puri, B.K.; Tsaluchidu, S.; Treasaden, I.H. -- Omega-3 fatty acid docosahexaenoic acid is the precursor of neuroprotectin D1 in the nervous system / Niemoller, T.D.; Stark, D.T.; Bazan, N.G. -- Docosahexaenoic acid and amyloid-[beta] peptide signaling in Alzheimer's disease / Lukiw, W.J. -- Administration of docosahexaenoic acid, uridine, and choline increases levels of synaptic membranes and dendritic spines in rodent brain / Wurtman, R.J. ... [et al.] -- An assessment of dietary docosahexaenoic acid requirements for brain accretion and turnover during early childhood / Hadley, K.B. ... [et al.] -- Variation in lipid-associated genes as they relate to risk of advanced age-related macular degeneration / SanGiovanni, J.P., Mehta, S., Mehta, S.
- Over the last several years developing human research suggests that a component of omega-3 fatty acids, long chain ones, contribute particularly to health benefits. Omega-6/3 Fatty Acids: Functions, Sustainability Strategies and Perspectives focuses on developing information on this newly recognized key component. This volume uniquely, and for the first time, focuses on sustainability of natural sources of omega-3 fatty acids variants including long chain ones, and on ways to increase their use and availability to reduce major diseases. The authors review cardiovascular disease, neurological changes and mental health and other diseases like diabetes where long chain omega-3 fatty acids play protective roles from recent human trials. Each chapter evaluates developing information on the possible mechanistic role of long chain omega-3 fatty acids. After showing their requirement and involvement in health promotion there are reviews of various sources and ways to protect and promote them. Authors provide support for the benefits and sources of long chain omega-3 fatty acids and their increased dietary intake that reduce various physical and mental illnesses. Omega-6/3 Fatty Acids: Functions, Sustainability and Perspectives is a unique and important new volume that provides the latest data and reviews to physicians who need to assess serum omega-6/3 and fatty acids to help diagnose risks and change diets and to inform industry and the scientific community with reviews of research for actions including new studies and therapies.
View by page
- OB-GYN pathology for the clinician a practical review with clinical correlations — Omega-6/3 fatty acids functions, sustainability, strategies, and perspectives (101)
- Omics approaches in breast cancer towards next-generation diagnosis, prognosis, and therapy — Optical imaging of cancer clinical applications (101)
- Optical imaging techniques in cell biology — Oski's Pediatrics principles & practice. 4th ed. (101)
- Osmosensing and osmosignaling — Ozone a new medical drug. 2nd ed. (99)
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Access restricted to Stanford community
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
Can't find it?
Look if we have it in print
- Springer Protocols
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Large number of high quality software and database programming titles from O'Reilly. Other software titles are also available from Sams and Prentice Hall. Limited to 7 concurrent users.Vast collection of software and database programming titles from multiple publishers, including Microsoft Press.Largest provider of engineering-related eBooks; includes titles in computer science and biomedical engineering.Over 4,000 full-text e-books covering scientific and technical information from CRC Press and others. Many handbooks and single volume reference sources.A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more. Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.Includes peer-reviewed life science and biomedical research protocols compiled from Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods in Molecular Medicine, Methods in Biotechnology, Methods in Pharmacology and Toxicology, Neuromethods, the Biomethods Handbook, the Proteomics Handbook, and Springer Laboratory Manuals.Contains full text access to selected biomedical and nursing books.Provides one-click access to important clinical resources; includes evidence-based diagnosis and treatment guidelines, Books, EBM articles, Ovid MEDLINE, Drug facts and comparisons, Drug interaction facts, guidelines from National Guideline Clearinghouse, patient handouts (English and Spanish), and local content.ClinicalKey provides access to textbooks, electronic journals, practice guidelines, drug information, and patient education handouts.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.Provides online, full-text access to Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers. Subjects include: life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics and astronomy, engineering and economics. Also includes eBooks.Collection of over 8 thousand fulltext titles in engineering, math, and basic and applied biomedical research. Coverage is from 1967 to the present.A library of ebooks on a wide array of topics, digitized and made available online in conjunction with the original publishers.