- Ob/gyn secrets. Updated 3rd ed. — On call Obstetrics and gynecology. 3rd ed. (100)
- On call pediatrics. 3rd ed. — Optogenetics. Tools for controlling and monitoring neuronal activity. 1st ed. (100)
- Oracle essentials Oracle database 10g. 3rd ed. — Otolaryngology-- head & neck surgery. 4th ed. (100)
- Otolith function and disorders — Ozone a new medical drug. 2nd ed. (77)
OAccess restricted to Stanford unless otherwise noted
- Print Material
- Obesity and binge eating disorder 2005, KargerControl of Food Intake / Gutzwiller, J.-P.; Beglinger, C. (Basel) -- Regulation of Body Weight / Langhans, W.; Geary, N. (Zurich) -- Epidemiology and Symptomatology of Obesity / Wechsler, J.G. (Munchen); Leopold, K. (Lausanne); Bischoff, G. (Munchen) -- Etiology of Obesity / Vogele, C. (London) -- Treatment Options of Obesity: Behavioral Weight Control / Laessle, R.G. (Trier) -- Pharmacological Management of Obesity / Bray, G.A. (Baton Rouge, La.) -- Surgical Treatment of Morbid Obesity / Muller, M.K.; Weber, M. (Zurich) -- Treatment of Obese Children / Braet, C. (Ghent) -- Binge Eating Disorder: A New Eating Disorder or an Epiphenomenon of Obesity? / Tuschen-Caffier, B.; Schlussel, C. (Bielefeld) -- Course, Etiology, and Maintenance of Binge Eating Disorder / Hilbert, A. (St. Louis, Mo.) -- The Psychological and Pharmacological Treatment of Binge Eating Disorder. An Overview / Biedert, E. (Basel) -- Binge Eating Disorder in Childhood - What Do We Know About It? / Munsch, S. (Basel); Hilbert, A. (St. Louis, Mo.) -- Binge Eating Disorder: Specific and Common Features. A Comprehensive Overview / Munsch, S.; Dubi, K. (Basel)
- Obesity and diabetes 2006, SpringerObesity and diabetes: the historical events marking the evolution of the understanding of the pathophysiology and treatment of two related diseases / George Karanastasis and Christos S. Mantzoros -- Epidemiology of obesity and diabetes: prevalence and trends / Susanna C. Larsson and Alicja Wolk -- Genetics of obesity and diabetes / Despina Sanoudou and Christos S. Mantzoros -- Nutrients and peripherally secreted molecules in regulation of energy homeostasis / Greeshma K. Shetty, Diana Barb, and Christos S. Mantzoros -- Central integration of peripheral signals in regulation of energy homeostasis / Greeshma K. Shetty, George Karanastasis, and Christos S. Mantzoros -- Role of energy expenditure in regulation of energy homeostasis / Eric S. Bachman -- Pathophysiology of diabetes in obesity / Geetha R. Soodini and Osama Hamdy -- Diagnosing obesity, diabetes mellitus and the insulin resistance syndrome / Diana Barb and Christos S. Mantzoros --Metabolic syndrome / Rochelle L. Chaiken and Mary Ann Banerji -- Obesity, diabetes, and hypertension / Anjanette S. Tan ... [et al.] -- Dyslipidemia associated with diabetes and insulin resistance syndromes / Jody Dushay and J. Peter Oettgen -- Obesity, diabetes, and endothelial dysfunction / Geetha R. Soodini, Edward S. Horton, and Osama Hamdy -- Atherosclerosis and peripheral vascular disease: sequelae of obesity and diabetes / Satish N. Nadig and Allen Hamdan -- Obesity, diabetes, and risk of cancer: a review of epidemiological studies / Susanna C. Larsson, Hans-Olov Adami, and Alicja Wolk -- Polycystic ovary syndrome a and its metabolic complications / Emilia P. Liao and Leonid Poretsky -- Obesity and type 2 diabetes mellitus in childhood and adolescence / Susann Blüher and Wieland Kiess -- Diabetic retinopathy / Vassiliki Poulaki and Joan W. Miller -- Obesity and renal disease / Ayman Geneidy and Richard Solomon --Diabetic peripheral neuropathy / Rachel Nardin and Roy Freeman -- The diabetic foot / Thanh L. Dinh and Aristidis Veves -- Erectile dysfunction / Kenneth J. Snow -- Infections in diabetes mellitus / Sotirios Tsiodras ... [et al.] -- The HAART-induced metabolic syndrome / Sotirios Tsiodras, Theodore Kelesidis, and Christos S. Mantzoros -- Diet and lifestyle in the prevention and management of type 2 diabetes / Frank B. Hu -- Diet, exercise, and behavioral treatment of obesity / George L. Blackburn -- Medical approaches to the treatment of the obese patient / George A. Bray and Donna H. Ryan -- Medical treatment of the obese patient with type 2 diabetes / Jean L. Chan, Christos S. Mantzoros and Martin J. Abrahamson -- Surgical treatment of obesity and diabetes / Benjamin E. Schneider and Edward C. Mun -- Future developments in the area of pharmacotherapy: molecules in early-stage preclinical development and in clinical trials that may affect energy homeostasis / Diana Barb, Greeshma K. Shetty, and Christos S. Mantzoros.
- Obesity and lung disease a guide to management 2013, SpringerAs a result of the rapidly growing rate of obesity worldwide, clinicians are struggling to provide the best strategies for treating obese patients with concomitant pulmonary conditions. Obesity does not simply change the epidemiology of pulmonary disease; obesity has a profound impact on the pathophysiology of common pulmonary diseases. Obesity affects the severity of asthma, response to treatment, and is likely a major modifier of the phenotype of asthma. Obesity also appears to affect response to pathogens, and as such has a major influence on response to pneumonia, and has a significant impact on outcomes pertaining to acute lung injury in the intensive care unit. Obesity and Lung Disease: A Guide to Management is the first text in the field to cover the full range of issues related to managing obese patients with pulmonary problems.
- Obesity and metabolism 2008., KargerMonogenic human obesity / Farooqi, I.S. -- Polygenic contribution to obesity : genome-wide strategies reveal new targets / Korner, A. ... [et al.] -- Genetic obesity syndromes / Goldstone, A.P., Beales, P.L. -- Fetal and neonatal pathways to obesity / Gluckman, P.D. ... [et al.] -- Developmental origins of obesity and the metabolic syndrome : the role of maternal obesity / Armitage, J.A., Poston, L., Taylor, P.D. --Childhood obesity / Sabin, M.A., Shield, J.P.H. -- Obesity in old age / McPhee Chapman, I. -- Models of obesity in large animals and birds / Clarke, I.J. -- The [beta]-cell in type 2 diabetes and in obesity / Rutter, G.A., Parton, L.E. -- Role of the endocannabinoid system in energy balance regulation and obesity / Cota, D. -- 11[beta]-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 and obesity / Morton, N.M., Seckl, J.R. --Gut and hormones and obesity / Wren, A.M. -- Adipokines in obesity / Ahima, R.S., Osei, S.Y. -- The role of AMP-activated protein kinase in obesity / Kola, B., Grossman, A.B., Korbonits, M. -- Classical endocrine diseases causing obesity / Weaver, J.U. -- Emerging concepts in the medical and surgical treatment of obesity / Aylwin, S., Al-Zaman, Y. -- The sociology of obesity / Rosengren, A., Lissner, L. -- Obesity in art--a brief overview / Woodhouse, R.
- Obesity and the kidney 2006, KargerObesity and chronic kidney disease / Kramer, H. -- Obesity and kidney transplantation / Srinivas, T.R., Meier-Kriesche H.-U. -- Body mass index and the risk of chronic renal failure: the Asian experience / Iseki, K. -- Obesity paradox in patients on maintenance dialysis / Kalantar-Zadeh, K., Kopple, J.D. -- Adipose tissue as an endocrine organ: a nephrologists' perspective / Chudek, J. ... [et al.] -- Renal handling of adipokines / Kataoka, H., Sharma, K. -- Lipid metabolism and renal disease / Abrass, C.K. -- Role of the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system in the metabolic syndrome / Engeli, S. -- Functional and structural renal changes in the early stages of obesity / Thakur, V., Morse, S., Reisin, E. -- Leptin as a proinflammatory cytokine / Lord, G.M. -- Adipose tissue and inflammation in chronic kidney disease / Axelsson, J., Heimbürger, O., Stenvinkel, P. -- Leptin and renal fibrosi / Wolf, G., Ziyadeh, F.N. -- Obesity and renal hemodynamics / Bosma, R.J. ... [et al.] -- Insulin resistance and renal disease / Fliser, D., Kielstein, J.T., Menne, J. -- Treatment of obesity: a challenging task / Sharma, A.M., Iacobellis, G. -- Weight loss and proteinuria / Praga, M., Morales, E. -- Treatment of arterial hypertension in obese patients / Wenzel, U.O., Krebs, C. -- Bariatric surgery / Korenkov, M.
- Obesity dietary and developmental influences 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Obesity during pregnancy in clinical practice 2014, Springer
- Obesity in childhood and adolescence 2004, Karger
- Obesity management in family practice 2006, Springer
- Obesity management the cardiovascular benefits : proceedings of a meeting held in Cannes, April 2005 2005, HighWire
- Obesity treatment and prevention new directions 2012, KargerBrain reorganization following weight loss / M. Rosenbaum, R.L. Leibel -- Physical activity and weight loss / J.M. Jakicic -- Dietary strategies for weight management / B.J. Rolls -- Targeting adipose tissue inflammation to treat the underlying basis of the metabolic complications of obesity / M.I. Goran, T. Alderete -- Summary discussion on obesity treatment : challenges and opportunities -- New directions for prevention -- The gut microbiome and obesity / M.A.J Hullar, J.W. Lampe -- Starting early : obesity prevention during infancy / L.L. Birch, S. Anzman-Frasca, I.M. Paul -- The economics of food choice behavior : why poverty and obesity are linked / A. Drewnowski -- The importance of the food and physical activity environments / J.M. Oppert, H. Charreire -- The importance of systems thinking of address obesity / D.T. Finegood -- Summary discussion on new directions for prevention.
- Obesity, inflammation, and cancer 2013, SpringerIn addition to their metabolic and endocrinologic effects, obesity and adipose tissue have now been shown to be associated with chronic low grade inflammation resulting in cellular and humoral factors of which the latter may act by endocrine, paracrine and autocrine mechanisms. These inflammatory mediators have increasingly been suggested as contributing to the obesity link to carcinogenesis and cancer promotion. Obesity, Inflammation and Cancer focuses on recent developments and cutting edge research pointing to inflammation and inflammatory factors as key mediators of this linkage. It also describes possible strategies for targeting inflammation as an approach to cancer prevention and control. Students, researchers and clinicians, especially those interested in the relation of obesity to cancer and the role of inflammation and its impact on cancer, will find this volume particularly useful. It provides important insight on the role of inflammation in cancer etiology and progression and serve as a platform for developing future research in this area.
- Obesity-- epidemiology, pathophysiology, and prevention. 2nd ed. 2013, CRCnetBASE"The spread of obesity has been declared a worldwide epidemic by the World Health Organization (WHO). In fact, a new term, globesity, has been coined to describe the recent upsurge of overweight and obesity throughout the world's population. How severe is the problem? According to WHO, worldwide obesity has more than double since 1980. In 2008, 1.5 billion adults, 20 and older, were overweight . Of these over 200 million men and 300 million women were obese. 65% of the world's population live in countries where overweight and obesity kills more people than underweight . Furthermore, nearly 43 million children under the age of five were underweight in 2010 "--Provided by publisher.
- Object recognition, attention, and action 2007, SpringerObject recognition.Occlusion awaits disclosure /Gijs Plomp, Cees van Leeuwen --Functional MRI evidence for neural plasticity at early stages of visual processing in humans /Sophie Schwartz --Pattern recognition in direct and indirect view /Hans Strasburger, Ingo Rentschler --Part based strategies for visual categorisation and object recognition /Martin Juttner --Recent psychophysical and neural research in shape recognition /Irving Biederman --Object recognition in humans and machines /ChristianWallraven, Heinrich H. Bulthoff --Prior knowledge and learning in 3D object recognition /Markus Gschwind, Hans Brettel, Ingo Rentschler --Neural representation of faces in human visual cortex : the roles of attention, emotion, and viewpoint /Patrik Vuilleumier --Attention.Object recognition : attention and dual routes /Volker Thoma, Jules Davidoff --Interactions between shape perception and egocentric localization /Hiroyuki Sogo, Naoyuki Osaka --Feature binding in visual working memory /Jun Saiki --Biased competition and cooperation : a mechanism of mammalian visual recognition? /Gustavo Deco, Martin Stetter, Miruna Szabo --Action.Influence of visual motion on object localisation in perception and action /Hiroshi Ashida --Neural substrates of action imitation studied by fMRI /Shigeki Tanaka --Two types of anticipatory timing mechanisms in synchronization tapping /Yoshihiro Miyake, Yohei Onishi, Ernst Poppel.
- Objective structured clinical examinations 10 steps to planning and implementing OSCEs and other standardized patient exercises 2013, SpringerObjective structured clinical examinations (OSCEs) and other exercises that utilize standardized patients (SPs) can simulate actual clinician-patient encounters with great impact. They are one of the most effective methods for training and assessing competencies across undergraduate, (post)graduate, and continuing health professions education. However, organizing such programs requires strong leadership and the collaboration of many key individuals for planning and implementation. This book, Objective Structured Clinical Exams: 10 Steps to Planning and Implementing OSCEs and other Standardized Patient Exercises, serves as a comprehensive how-to manual and addresses the need for best practice guidelines. It contains a review of relevant literature, pointers for designing OSCE cases, tips on recruiting and training standardized patients, and it describes innovative uses of standardized patients for remediation and assessment in clinical settings. Charts, graphs, and sample forms are included to make this a singular resource for any educator interested in creating or improving OSCEs and other standardized patient programs.
- Observed confidence levels theory and application 2008, CRCnetBASE
- Obstetric and gynecologic dermatology. 3rd ed. 2008, ClinicalKeyObstetrics -- Hormonal changes during puberty, pregnancy, and the menopause -- Perimenstrual skin eruptions, autoimmune progesterone dermatitis, autoimmune estrogen dermatitis -- Physiologic skin changes of pregnancy -- Systematic approach to the dermatoses of pregnancy -- Pemphigoid (herpes) gestations -- Polymorphic eruption of pregnancy -- Intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy -- Atopic eruption of pregnancy -- Papular and pruritic dermatoses of pregnancy -- Effect of pregnancy on other skin disorders -- Connective tissue diseases in pregnancy -- Infectious diseases in pregnancy -- Gynecologic dermatology -- Vulvar anatomy -- Lichen sclerosus -- Lichen planus -- Vulvar pruritus and lichen simplex chronicus -- Vulvar dermatoses: papulosquamous diseases -- Vulvar dermatoses: the eczematous diseases -- Skin-colored and red papules and nodules -- Pustules, vesicles, bullae, and erosions -- Vulvar ulcers -- Disorders of pigmentation -- Vulvar neoplasms and cysts -- Vaginitis -- Vulvar edema -- Pediatric vulvar disorders -- Vulvodynia.
- Obstetric and gynecologic ultrasound case review. 3rd ed. 2013, ClinicalKeyAn outstanding title from the popular Case Review Series, Obstetric and Gynecologic Ultrasound provides 119 case histories, with over 300 corresponding images, questions, answers, commentary, references, and more, to enhance your imaging interpretation skills in obstetric and gynecologic ultrasound. Its discussions incorporate the most recent knowledge from OB/GYN ultrasound literature, providing an excellent review for residents and practitioners alike. Turn to Obstetric and Gynecologic Ultrasound as excellent review for the Boards!Effectively prepare for certification, recertification, and practice with content that mimics the new format of board exams as well as the everyday clinical experience.
- Obstetric anesthesia handbook. 5th ed. 2010, Springer
- Obstetric dermatology a practical guide 2009, Springer
- Obstetric imaging 2012, ClinicalKey"Obstetric Imaging will help you detect fetal abnormalities with greater confidence and accuracy. Covering MRI as well as ultrasound and interventional procedures, it equips you with expert tips for recognizing and addressing problems that you might otherwise miss. Obstetric Imaging provides the advanced guidance you need to recognize fetal health challenges early and respond effectively!"--Publisher's website.
- Print Material
- Obstetric medicine a problem-based approach 2007., Springer
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Print MaterialIn addition to subjects in this record, subjects covered include: female anatomy; anatomy, diagnosis, scenes, and garb of pregnancy; embryology; the obstetric pelvis; labor, the birth chamber; resuscitation, swaddling, circumcision, and baptism of the newborn; nursing; multiple pregnancies/births; fertility and its control; and texts written on the subjects.
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Obstetrics and gynecology-- a competency-based companion 2010, ClinicalKeyDesigned to teach you to think like a more experienced clinician, Obstetrics and Gynecology: A Competency-Based Companion, by Michael Belden, MD, places as much value on process as it does on content. This unique resource features a case-based organization that hones in on essential knowledge in obstetrics and gynecology. Its convenient pocket-sized format enables you to review the material on the go, and online access via Student Consult enhances your study of the material and exponentially boosts your reference power. Provides high-yield core information essential to rotations in a pocket-sized, portable format. Uses a color-coded system that places core information in a framework of the ACGME Core Competencies. Offers self-assessment activities throughout to promote retention and application of knowledge, including access on line to your own competency-based portfolio tools and competency-specific learning modules (Vertical Reads). Features ACGME Core Competencies enabling you to integrate evidence-based medicine, continual self-assessment, and cognizance of interpersonal skills into your daily routine. Includes features such as "Speaking Intelligently" and "Clinical Thinking" in each chapter to help you see the "big picture." Presents "Teaching Visuals"--An interactive teaching device designed to reinforce visual concepts. Equips you to perform a more in-depth review of obstetric and gynecological topics with "Clinical Entities" that link to top references in the field. Includes access to Student Consult at www.studentconsult.com, where you'll find the complete text and illustrations of the book online, fully searchable . "Integration Links" to bonus content in other Student Consult titles . Self-Assessment Competency Log . Professors Pearls that provide cases with questions and annotated answers . Vertical Reads . and much more!
- Obstetrics and gynecology. 1st. American ed. 2007, ClinicalKeyAbnormal Bleeding -- Pelvic Pain and Dyspareunia -- Vaginal Discharge -- Vulvar Symptoms -- Urinary Incontinence -- Prolapse -- Bleeding and/or Pain in Early Pregnancy -- Infertility -- Menopause -- Bleeding in the Second and Third Trimesters of Pregnancy -- Large- or Small-for-Dates -- Abdominal Pain in the Second and Third Trimesters of Pregnancy -- Hypertension in Pregnancy -- Stillbirth -- Failure to Progress in Labor -- Bleeding after Delivery -- Maternal Collapse -- Abnormal Uterine Bleeding -- Fibroids -- Endometriosis -- Benign Ovarian Tumors -- Gynecologic Malignancy -- Vulvar Disease -- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease -- Urinary Incontinence -- Pelvic Organ Prolapse -- Infertility -- Early Pregnancy Failure -- Menopause -- Contraception, Sterilization, and Unwanted Pregnancy -- Gynecologic Endocrinology -- Prenatal Diagnosis -- Multiple Pregnancy -- Hypertension in Pregnancy -- Medical Disorders in Pregnancy -- Antepartum Hemorrhage -- Premature Labor -- Malpresentation and Malpositions of the Occiput -- Labor -- Operative Intervention in Obstetrics -- Complications of the Third Stage of Labor and the Puerperium -- Maternal Death -- Taking a History -- Prenatal Care -- Examination -- Common Investigations.
- Print Material
- Print MaterialHealth care for women: obstetrics and gynecology as specialty and primary-preventive health care -- Ethics in obstetrics and gynecology -- Embryology, anatomy, and reproductive genetics -- Maternal-fetal physiology -- Antepartum care -- Intrapartum care -- Abnormal labor -- Intrapartum fetal surveillance -- Immediate care of the newborn -- Postpartum care -- Isoimmunization -- Postpartum hemorrhage -- Postpartum infection -- Abortion -- Ectopic pregnancy -- Medical and surgical considerations of pregnancy -- Hypertension in pregnancy -- Multifetal gestation -- Fetal growth abnormalities -- Third-trimester bleeding -- Postterm pregnancy -- Preterm labor --Premature rupture of membranes -- Obstetric procedures -- Contraception -- Sterilization -- Vulvitis and vaginitis -- Sexually transmitted diseases -- Pelvic relaxation, urinary incontinence, and urinary tract infection -- Endometriosis -- Dysmenorrhea and chronic pelvic pain -- Disorders of the breast -- Gynecologic procedures -- Reproductive cycle -- Puberty -- Amenorrhea and dysfunctional uterine bleeding -- Hirsutism and virilization -- Menopause -- Infertility -- Premenstrual syndrome/premenstrual dysphoric disorder -- Cell biology and principles of cancer therapy -- Gestational trophoblastic neoplasia -- Vulvar and vaginal disease and neoplasia -- Cervical neoplasia and carcinoma -- Uterine leiomyoma and neoplasia -- Endometrial hyperplasia and cancer -- Ovarian and adnexal disease -- Human sexuality -- Sexual assault and domestic violence.
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Print MaterialEndocrinology of Pregnancy -- Fetal Physiology -- Normal Pregnancy, the Puerperium, and Lactation -- Antepartum Care -- Identification of the High-Risk Pregnant Patient -- Prenatal Screening and Diagnosis: Obstetric Ultrasound and Genetic Testing -- Teratology -- Substance Abuse in Pregnancy -- Antepartum Bleeding -- Labor and Delivery -- Intrapartum Fetal Monitoring -- Operative Obstetrics -- Obstetric Anesthesia -- Postterm Pregnancy -- Preterm Labor -- Hypertension in Pregnancy -- Other Medical Complications of Pregnancy -- The Gynecologic Office Visit -- The Menstrual Cycle -- Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology -- Müllerian Anomalies and Disorders of Sexual Development -- Amenorrhea -- Abnormal Uterine Bleeding -- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome -- Hirsutism and Hyperandrogenic Disorders -- Pelvic Pain -- Endometriosis -- Uterine Leiomyomas -- The Infertile Couple -- Ectopic Pregnancy -- Recurrent Pregnancy Loss -- Family Planning: Contraception and Complications -- Sexually Transmitted Infections -- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease -- Vulvovaginitis -- Disorders of the Pelvic Floor -- Menopause -- Breast Disease -- Gestational Trophoblastic Disease -- Pelvic Malignancies -- Intimate Partner Violence and Sexual Assault -- Medicolegal Considerations in Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- Obstetrics in family medicine a practical guide 2006, SpringerPhysiology -- Preconception care -- Prenatal care -- Medications in pregnancy -- Dysmorphic growth and genetic abnormalities -- Intrauterine growth restriction -- Preterm labor -- Premature rupture of membranes -- Early pregnancy bleeding -- Late pregnancy bleeding -- Recurrent spontaneous abortion -- Rh isoimmunization -- Infection in pregnancy -- Hypertension in pregnancy -- Diabetes in pregnancy -- HIV and pregnancy -- Multigestational pregnancy -- Post-dates pregnancy -- Normal labor -- Induction and augmentation -- Pain management in labor -- Operative delivery -- Prolonged labor -- Shoulder dystocia -- Malpresentation -- Fetal heart rate monitoring -- Maternal fever in labor -- Postpartum hemorrhage -- Perineal laceration and episiotomy -- Newborn evaluation -- Routine hospital postpartum management -- Complications of the hospital postpartum period.
- Print Material
- Obstetrics normal and problem pregnancies. 6th ed. 2012, MD ConsultFulltext ClinicalKeyPlacental anatomy and physiology -- Placental and fetal physiology -- Maternal physiology -- Maternal-fetal immunology -- Developmental origins of adult health and disease -- Preconception and prenatal care: part of the continuum -- Nutritional management during pregnancy -- Drugs and environmental agents in pregnancy and lactation: embryology, teratology, epidemiology -- Obstetrical ultrasound: imaging, dating, and growth -- Genetic counseling and genetic screening -- Prenatal genetic diagnosis -- Antepartum fetal evaluation -- Normal labor and delivery -- Abnormal labor and induction of labor -- Operative vaginal delivery -- Intrapartum fetal evaluation -- Obstetrical anesthesia -- Malpresentations and shoulder dystocia -- Antepartum and postpartum hemorrhage -- Cesarean delivery -- The neonate -- Postpartum care -- Lactation and breastfeeding -- Surgery during pregnancy -- Trauma and related surgery in pregnancy -- Pregnancy loss -- Cervical insufficiency -- Preterm birth -- Premature rupture of the membranes -- Multiple gestations -- Intrauterine growth restriction -- Red cell alloimmunization -- Amniotic fluid disorders -- Prolonged and postterm pregnancy -- Hypertension -- Heart disease -- Respiratory diseases in pregnancy -- Renal disease -- Diabetes mellitus complicating pregnancy -- Thyroid and parathyroid diseases in pregnancy -- Pituitary and adrenal disorders in pregnancy -- Hematologic complications of pregnancy -- Thromboembolic disorders -- Collagen vascular diseases -- Hepatic and gastrointestinal diseases -- Neurologic disorders -- Malignant diseases and pregnancy -- Skin disease in pregnancy and puerperium -- Maternal and perinatal infection: the sexually transmitted diseases chlamydia, gonorrhea, and syphilis -- Maternal and perinatal infection-viral -- Maternal and perinatal infection-bacterial -- Mental health and behavioral disorders in pregnancy -- Patient safety and quality measurement in obstetrical care -- Legal and ethical issues in obstetrical practice.
- Obstructive airway diseases role of lipid mediators 2012, CRCnetBASE"Incidences of inflammatory airway diseases are on the rise across the world. Existing therapeutic options are ineffective, unsafe, and expensive, and severe cases are nonresponsive to conventional therapy. Therefore, it is imperative that research be undertaken to discover new treatment options. Obstructive Airway Diseases: Role of Lipid Mediators discusses clinically successful and potential lipid targets that can make a difference in treating some of the most intractable disease states."--Publisher description.
- Obstructive sleep apnea in adults relationship with cardiovascular and metabolic disorders 2011, KargerObstructive sleep apnea in adults : epidemiology, clinical presentation, and treatment options -- Inflammation, oxidative stress, and procoagulant and thrombotic activity in adults with obstructive sleep apnea -- Metabolic disorders associated with obstructive sleep apnea in adults -- Endothelial dysfunction in adults with obstructive sleep apnea -- Hemodynamic and autonomic changes in adults with obstructive sleep apnea -- Cardiovascular disorders associated with obstructive sleep apnea.
- Print MaterialPerspectives / Kudisha -- History / Zupancic, Lavie -- Epidemiology / Yuen -- Ontogeny / Hoban, Bliwise -- Upper airway anatomy / Tung -- Physiology and dynamics of the upper airway / Huang, Marcus -- Control of breathing in sleep / Smith ... [et al.] -- Arousal from sleep / Halász -- Pathogenesis / Nguyen, Yim, Malhotra -- Risk factors / Ramar, Guilleminault -- Familial and genetic factors / Patel, Tishler -- The spectrum of sleep-disordered breathing / Habib, Phillips -- Central and autonomic nervous systems / Colrain, Trinder -- Cardiac arrhythmias and congestive heart failure / Chen, Bradley -- Hypertension and the cardiovascular system / Budhiraja, Quan -- Endocrine function and glucose metabolism / Stamatakis, Punjabi -- Obesity / Dyken ... [et al.] -- Mood and behavior in obstructive sleep apnea / Aloia, Bruce -- Sleepiness / Kirsch, Chervin -- Obstructive sleep apnea and health-related quality of life / Moyer, Moyer, Chervin -- Driving risk and accidents / Sagaspe, Philip -- Economic and societal impact / Wittmann, Rodenstein.
- Print MaterialWork, environment, and health -- Recognition, assessment, and prevention -- Hazardous exposures -- Adverse health effects -- An integrated approach to prevention.
- Print Material
- Occupational asthma 2010, Springer
- Occupational cancers 2014, Springer
- Occupational hearing loss. 3rd ed. 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Occupational medicine practice guidelines evaluation and management of common health problems and functional recovery in workers. 2nd ed. 2004Print Material
- Occupational physiology 2012, CRCnetBASEWork, working life, occupational physiology / Allan Toomingas, Svend Erik Mathiassen, and Ewa Wigaeus Tornqvist -- Work demanding high energy metabolism / Ewa Wigaeus Tornqvist -- Work requiring considerable muscle force / Katarina Kjellberg -- Work in awkward postures / Karin Harms-Ringdahl -- Work with highly repetitive movements / Fredrik Hellström -- Prolonged, low-intensity, sedentary work / Allan Toomingas -- Work with high levels of mental strain / Bo Melin -- Work that disrupts the diurnal rhythm / Torbjörn Åkerstedt -- Work in heat and cold / Désirée Gavhed -- A good working life for everyone / Allan Toomingas, Margareta Bratt Carlström, and Svend Erik Mathiassen.
- Occupational safety and hygiene 2013, CRCnetBASEApplied ergonomics -- Cognitive ergonomics -- Construction safety -- Economic aspects of prevention -- Education and training in prevention -- Emerging risks -- Environmental ergonomics -- Fire safety -- Health monitoring and occupational medicine -- Human and organisational factors -- Occupational ergonomics -- Occupational hygiene -- Occupational safety -- Risk assessment methods -- Other.
- Occupational therapy in epidermolysis bullosa a holistic concept for intervention from infancy to adult 2013, SpringerEpidermolysis bullosa (EB) is the collective term for a heterogenous group of genetic skin disorders characterised by the formation of blisters and erosions on skin and mucous membranes.This book deals with early childhood motor and perceptual development, a particular challenge for children with extremely fragile skin. Going into functional treatment, it addresses rehabilitation of hands and feet in EB patients with fusions or contractures.The authors are occupational therapists with long-term experience in the management of EB patients. In an extraordinary holistic approach, they present a combination of paediatric and functional areas of treatment.Occupational therapy tools and interventions can help alleviate a number of accompanying complications and symptoms of EB, enhance self-care, and improve quality of life in general.Due to its practical approach, this book not only serves as a unique guide for doctors and health care professionals but is also comprehensible and useful for patients.
- Print Material
- Oceans and health pathogens in the marine environment 2006, SpringerPathogens in the sea: an overview / Colin B. Munn -- Diversity, sources, and detection of human bacterial pathogens in the marine environment / Janelle R. Thompson, Luisa A. Marcelino, and Martin F. Polz -- Biotic and abiotic effects / Lester W. Sinton -- Survival of enteric bacteria in seawater: molecular aspects / Yael Rozen and Shimshon Belkin -- Human pathogenic viruses in the marine environment / Albert Bosch, F. Xavier Abad, and Rosa M. Pinto -- Survival of viruses in the marine environment / Charles P. Gerba -- Zoonotic protists in the marine environment / Ronald Fayer and James M. Trout -- Marine and estuarine harmful algal blooms: impacts on human and animal health / Jan Landsberg, Fran Van Dolah, and Gregory Donelli -- Vibrio vulnificus / James D. Oliver -- Vibrio parahaemolyticus--seafood safety and associations with higher organisms / Firdausi Qadri ... [et al.] -- Global microbial ecology of vibrio cholerae / Rita R. Colwell -- Gram-positive bacteria in the marine environment / Maria del mar Lleo, Caterina Signoretto, and Pietro Canepari -- Fecal contamination in coastal areas: an engineering approach / M. Pommepuy ... [et al.] -- Retention of pathogenicity in viable nonculturable pathogens / Iddya Karunasagar and Indrani Karunasagar -- Thalassogenic infectious diseases caused by wastewater pollution of the marine environment / Hillel Shuval -- Bacterial pathogens of marine fish / Brian Austin -- Microbial diseases of corals / E. Rosenberg and Y. Barash -- Aquacultures and animal pathogens in the marine environment with emphasis on marine shrimp viruses / Jeffrey M. Lotz, Robin M. Overstreet, and D. Jay Grimes.
- Ocular and adnexal lymphoma 2014, SpringerThis book a conjoint effort of ocular oncologists, general oncologists, and pathologists is a comprehensive source of authoritative information on the subject of ocular and adnexal lymphoma. It covers all aspects, including clinical features, classification, epidemiology, diagnostic evaluation, biopsy techniques, histology and molecular pathology, staging procedures, and treatment methods. Detailed information is provided on primary vitreoretinal and adnexal lymphomas and chapters are also included on rare variants such as T cell lymphoma and reactive lymphoid hyperplasia of the ocular adnexa. The emphasis throughout is on easy readability, and the layout ensures rapid retrieval of information. In order to convey fundamental concepts, numerous tables, clinical photographs, histopathologic microphotographs, and imaging studies (fluorescein and indocyanine angiograms, ultrasonograms, CT scans, and MR images) are included.
- Ocular angiogenesis diseases, mechanisms, and therapeutics 2006, SpringerAngiogenic diseases -- Age-related macular degeneration / Curtis L. Hagedorn and Ron A. Adelman -- Endogenous angiogenic inhibitors in diabetic retinopathy / Jian-Xing Ma and Sarah X. Zhang -- Corneal angiogenesis / Trevor R. Carmichael -- Polypoidal choroidal vasculopathy / Nahoko Ogata and Kanji Takahashi -- Myopic choroidal neovascularization / Kyoko Ohno-Matsui and Takashi Tokoro -- Mechanisms of the formation and stability of retinal blood vessels / Jonathan Stone, Trent Sandercoe, and Jan Provis -- Neovascular glaucoma / James C. Tsai and M. Bruce Shields -- Eales' disease / Jyotirmay Biswas -- Angiogenesis and ocular tumorigenesis / Nader Sheibani and Daniel M. Albert -- Genetics of ocular vascular disease / Jacquie Greenberg, Ari Ziskind, and Stephen P. Daiger -- Endogenous promoters and inhibitors of angiogenesis -- Vascular endothelial growth factor and retinal diseases / Sam Dahr and Karl G. Csaky -- The role of fibroblast growth factors in ocular angiogenesis / Andreas Bikfalvi and Sophie Javerzat -- Control of neovascularization and cell survival in the eye by PEDF / Joyce Tombran-Tink and Colin J. Barnstable -- Thrombospondin: guarding the clear view / Arin Aurora and Olga V. Volpert -- Regulation of ocular angiogenesis by matrix proteases and tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases / Bela Anand-Apte -- Integrins in ocular angiogenesis / Matthew R. Ritter and Martin Friedlander -- Ocular inflammation and neovascularization / Chi-Chao Chan and Robert B. Nussenblatt -- Therapeutics and delivery for angiogenic eye diseases -- Anti-VEGF therapies for diseases of the retina and choroid / Ming Lu and Donald J. D'Amico -- Anecortave acetate: a novel ocular angiostatic agent / Stella M. Robertson ... [et al.] -- Gene therapy for neovascular retinopathies / Brian J. Raisler, Kenneth I. Berns, and William W. Hauswirth -- Noninvasive delivery of DNA into the eye / John M. Nickerson ... [et al.] -- Novel drug delivery systems for posterior segment ocular disease / Heather Sheardown and W. Mark Saltzman.
- Ocular blood flow 2012, Springerq. Anatomy of the ocular vasculatures -- 2. Determination of ocular blood flows with the microsphere method -- 3. Laser doppler flowmetry in animals -- 4. Oxygen measurements in animals -- 5. Measurement of ocular blood flow: angiography -- 6. Measurement of retinal vessel diameters -- 7. Laser doppler techniques for ocular blood velocity and flow -- 8. Color doppler imaging -- 9. Other approaches -- 10. Systemic determinants -- 11. Local determinants -- 12. Neural control of ocular blood flow -- 13. Endothelial and adrenergic control -- 14. Retinal ischemia in relation to glaucoma and neuroprotection -- 15. Ocular blood flow in diabetes: contribution to tthe microvascular lesions of diabetic retinopathy -- 16. Age-related macular degeneration: hemodynamic changes -- 17. The role of ocular blood flow abnormalitities in the pathogenesis of glaucoma -- 18. Ocular blood flow in disease: other diseases -- 19. Systemic diseases: cardiovascular disease and ocular manifestation -- Index.
- Ocular blood flow and glaucomatous optic neuropathy 2009, Springer
- Ocular differential diagnosis. 7th ed. 2002, Ovid
- Ocular disease-- mechanisms and management 2010, ClinicalKeyA newly introduced companion volume to the classic Adler's Physiology of the Eye-correlates basic science and clinical management to describe the how and why of eye disease processes and the related best management protocols. Editors Leonard A. Levin and Daniel M. Albert-two of the world's leading ophthalmic clinician-scientists-have recruited as contributors the most expert and experienced authorities available in each of the major areas of ophthalmic disease specific to ophthalmology: retina, cornea, cataract, glaucoma, uveitis, and more. The concise chapter structure features liberal use of color-with 330 full-color line artworks, call-out boxes, summaries, and schematics for easy navigation and understanding. In print and online at expertconsult.com, this comprehensive resource provides you with a better and more practical understanding of the science behind eye disease and its relation to treatment.
- 1.Nanoparticulate-based therapeutics: an overview /Deepak Thassu, Kris Holt, and Gerald J. Chader --2.Eye anatomy, physiology and ocular barriers: basic considerations for drug delivery /Gerald J. Chader and Deepak Thassu --3.Animal models to evaluate nanoparticulate drug delivery systems /Vinson M. Wang, Jingsheng Tuo, and Chi-Chao Chan --4.Computer modeling for ocular drug delivery /Paul J. Missel --5.Considerations for development of ophthalmic nanotechnology-based drugs /Banu S. Zolnik, Sherizaq Baksh, and Nakissa Sadrieh --6.Blood-retinal barrier: the fundamentals /Rosa Fernandes, Andreia Gonçalves, and José Cunha-Vaz --7.Barriers to transscleral drug delivery to the retina /Alexandra Almazan ... [et al.] --8.Drug delivery to the vitreous humor /Francine Behar-Cohen --9.Transscleral and suprachoroidal drug delivery /Damian E. Berezovsky and Henry Edelhauser --10.Protein drug delivery to retina and choroid /Hogwen M. Rivers and Patrick M. Hughes --11.Transscleral drug delivery to the posterior segment of the eye /Bernard F. Godley ... [et al.] --12.Drug delivery to the suprachoroidal space /Sung Won Cho and Timothy Olsen --13.Use of nanoparticles in the treatment of age-related macular degeneration, glaucoma and other degenerative retinal diseases /Marco A. Zarbin ... [et al.] --14.Drug molecule characteristics and their impact on anterior versus posterior segment drug delivery strategies /Kay D. Rittenhouse --15.Surface modulation of nanoparticles /Deepak Thassu and Kris Holt --16.Nanoparticles for the treatment of retinal diseases / Amin Famili and Uday B. Kompella --17.Gene-based medicine for ocular diseases /Shannon M. Conley and Muna I. Naash --18.Stealth-type polymeric nanoparticles with encapsulated betamethasone phosphate for treatment of intraocular inflammation /Tsutomu Sakai, Tsutomu Ishihara, and Megumu Higaki --19.Nanotechnology-guided imaging of retinal vascular disease /Joshua R. Trantum, John S. Penn, and Ashwath Jayagopal --20.Photoresponsive polymers for ocular drug delivery /Laura A. Wells and Heather Sheardown --t21.Nanosuspensions in ocular drug delivery systems /Himanshu Bhattacharjee and Sonia Bedi.
- Print MaterialBasic principles of pathology -- Congenital anomalies -- Nongranulomatous inflammation: uveitis, endophthalmitis, panophthalmitis, and sequelae -- Granulomatous inflammation -- Surgical and nonsurgical trauma -- Skin and lacrimal drainage system -- Conjunctiva -- Cornea and sclera -- Uvea -- Lens -- Neural (sensory) retina -- Vitreous -- Optic nerve -- Orbit -- Diabetes mellitus -- Glaucoma -- Ocular melanocytic tumors -- Retinoblastoma and pseudoglioma.
- Ocular pathology. Seventh edition. [7th ed.] 2015, ClinicalKeyComprehensive, yet concise and clinically oriented, the new edition of Ocular Pathology brings you the very latest advances of every aspect of ocular pathology. From updated information on today's imaging techniques, to the implementation of genetic data to better understand disease, this esteemed medical reference book promises to keep you at the forefront of your field Take advantage of clinical "pearls" that offer you the benefits of proven strategies.Quickly reference information with help from a convenient outline format, ideal for today's busy physician. Visualize every concept by viewing 1,900 illustrations, 1,600 of which are in full color, from the collections of internationally renowned leaders in ocular pathology.
- Ocular surface disease cornea, conjunctiva and tear film 2013, ScienceDirectFulltext ClinicalKey
- Ocular transporters in ophthalmic diseases and drug delivery 2008, Springer1Aquaporins and water transport in the cornea /Alan S. Verkman --2Roles of corneal epithelial ion transport mechanisms in mediating responses to cytokines and osmotic stress /Peter S. Reinach, José E. Capó-Aponte, Stefan Mergler, and Kathryn S. Pokorny --3Vitamin C transport, delivery, and function in the anterior segment of the eye /Ram Kannan and Hovhannes J. Gukasyan --4Mechanisms of aqueous humor formation: cellular model of aqueous flow /Chi-wai Do, Chi-wing Kong, Chu-yan Chang, Mortimer M. Civan, and Chi-ho To --5Membrane transporters: new roles in lens cataract /Paul J. Donaldson and Julie Lim --6Lens Na+, K+-ATPase /Nicholas A. Delamere and Shigeo Tamiya --7Pathophysiology of pericyte-containing retinal microvessels: roles of ion channels and transporters /Donald G. Puro --8Molecular mechanisms of the inner blood-retinal barrier transporters /Masatoshi Tomi and Ken-ichi Hosoya --9Regulation and transport in the RPE /Adnan Dibas and Thomas Yorio --10Glucose transporters in the retinal pigment epithelium /Lawrence J. Rizzolo --11Ca2+ channels in the retinal pigment epithelium: modulators of retinal pigment epithelium function and communication with neighboring tissues /Olaf Strauss -12Taurine transport pathways in the outer retina in relation to aging and disease /Ali A. Hussain and John Marshall --13P-Glycoprotein expression and function in the retinal pigment epithelium /Paul A. Constable, John G. Lawrenson, and N. Joan Abbott --14The retinal rod NCKX1 and cone/ganglion cell NCKX2 Na+/CA2+-K+ exchangers /Paul P.M Schnetkamp et al --15Excitatory amino acid transporters in the retina /Vijay Sarthy and David Pow --16Localization and function of gamma aminobutyric acid transporter 1 in the retina /Giovanni Casini --17Biochemical defects associated with genetic mutations in the retina-specific ABC transporter, ABCR, and macular degenerative diseases /Esther E. Biswas-Fiss --18Glutamate transporters and retinal disease and regulation /Nigel L. Barnett and Natalie D. Bull --19Glutamate transport in retinal glial cells during diabetes /Erica L. Fletcher and Michelle M. Ward --20The emerging significance of drug transporters and metabolizing enzymes to ophthalmic drug design /Mayssa Attar and Jie Shen --21Barriers in ocular drug delivery /Sriram Gunda, Sudharshan Hariharan, Nanda Mandava, and Ashim K. Mitra --22Ophthalmic applications of nanotechnology /Swita Raghava, Gaurav Goel, and Uday B. Kompella --23Vitamin C transporters in the retina /Vadivel Ganapathy, Sudha Ananth, Sylvia B. Smith, and Pamela M. Martin --24The plasma membrane transporters and channels of corneal endothelium /Jorge Fischbarg.
- Ocular trauma 2007, ClinicalKeyEpidemiology and economic impact of ocular trauma /James T. Banta --Prevention of eye injuries /Paul M. Gallogly, Stephanie L. Vanderveldt, James T. Banta --History and examination of the injured eye /Alexei L. Moraczewski --Definitions and classification in ocular trauma /James T. Banta --Ocular surface (conjunctiva, cornea, and sclera) /Kristen L. Hartley, Benjamin L. Mason, James T. Banta --Anterior chamber /James T. Banta, Colleen M. Cebulla, Carolyn D. Quinn --Lens /David A. Goldman, Jennifer I. Hui --Posterior segment /John J. Miller, Krista D. Rosenberg --Eyelid lacerations /Kambiz K. Parsa, Wendy W. Lee --Orbital trauma /Vivian Schiedler, Thomas E. Johnson, Kenneth B. Krantz --Ruptures and lacerations /Daniel M. Miller, Charles W.G. Eifrig, James T. Banta --Intraocular foreign body /James T. Banta, Jeffrey K. Moore --Delayed complications of ocular injury /James T. Banta --Ocular trauma controversies /Andrew C. Westfall, Matthew S. Benz.
- Ocular traumatology 2008, SpringerTerminology of mechanical injuries: the Birmingham Eye Trauma Terminology (BETT) -- Classification of mechanical eye injuries -- Predicting the severity of an eye injury: the Ocular Trauma Score (OTS) -- Counseling the injured individual and the family -- From the other side: the patient's viewpoint -- Myths and truths in ocular traumatology -- Clinical epidemiology, prevention, and rehabilitation -- Strategic thinking in ocular traumatology -- Evaluation -- Emergency management -- Conjunctiva -- Cornea -- Sclera and limbus -- Tissue prolapse -- Anterior chamber -- Iris and pupil -- Lens -- Ciliary body and choroid -- Vitreous and retina -- Trauma by blunt object: contusions -- Open glove injury: a brief overview -- Trauma by blunt object: ruptures -- Penetrating injuries and IOFBs -- Perforating injuries -- Injury involving the entire globe -- Ocular trauma in children and in elderly patients -- Endophthalmitis -- Posttraumatic glaucoma -- Hypotony -- Endoscopy -- Chemical injuries -- Electromagnetic trauma -- The effects of systemic trauma on the eye.
- Oculoplastic and reconstructive surgery 2008, ClinicalKeyDisorders of the eyelid: congenital -- Disorders of the eyelid: lesions -- Disorders of the eyelid: eyelid trauma -- Disorders of the eyelid: involutional changes -- Disorders of the eyelid: blepharoptosis and eyelid retraction -- Disorders of the lacrimal system: congenital obstruction -- Disorders of the lacrimal system: acquired causes of epiphora -- Disorders of the orbit: orbital imaging -- Disorders of the orbit: infections -- Disorders of the orbit: inflammations -- Disorders of the orbit: neoplasms -- Disorders of the orbit: vascular abnormalities -- Disorders of the orbit: trauma -- Disorders of the orbit: anophthalmic socket.
- Oculoplastic surgery 2009, ClinicalKey1. Entropion -- 2. Ectropion -- 3. Ptosis -- 3.a. Levator dehiscence -- 3.b. Mullerectomy -- 3.c. Levator resection -- 3.d. Supramid sling -- 3.e. Autogenous fascia lata sling ptosis repair -- 4. Canalicular laceration -- 5. Upper eyelid blepharoplasty -- 6. Transconjunctival blepharoplasty -- 7. Tearing -- 7.a. Stents -- 7.b. Dacryocystorhinostomy -- 7.c. Conjunctival dacryocystorhinostomy -- 8. Evisceration -- 9. Enucleation -- 10. Eyelid retraction -- 10.a. Upper eyelid retraction -- 10.b. Lower eyelid retraction -- 11. Trichiasis -- 11.a. Cryotherapy -- 11.b. Anterior lamellar block excision of eyelashes -- 12. Mohs reconstruction -- 12.a. Eyelid reconstructive surgery -- 12.b. Sliding temporal flap 12.c. Skin grafts -- 12.d. Cutler-Beard flap -- 12.e. Hughes flap -- 13. Chalazion -- 14. Blow-out fractures -- 15. Orbital decompression -- 16. Floopy eyelid syndrome -- 17. Temporal artery biopsy -- 18. Anophthalmic orbital volume augmentation -- 19. Eyebrow ptosis -- 20. Gold weight implant.
- Oculoplastics and orbit. Aesthetic and functional oculofacial plastic problem-solving in the 21st century 2010, Springer
- Odor memory and perception. First edition. [1st ed.] 2014, ScienceDirectThis well-established international series examines major areas of basic and clinical research within neuroscience, as well as emerging and promising subfields. This volume explores interdisciplinary research on invertebrate and vertebrate models of odor memory and perception, as well as human odor memory and perception. This book brings together a collection of authors that cut across model systems, techniques, levels of analysis and questions to highlight important and exciting advances in the area of olfactory memory and perception.
- Odze and Goldblum Surgical pathology of the GI tract, liver, biliary tract, and pancreas. Third edition. [3rd ed.] 2014, ClinicalKeyGastrointestinal Tract Endoscopic and Tissue Processing Techniques and Normal Histology -- Screening and Surveillance Guidelines in Gastroenterology -- Diagnostic Cytology of the Gastrointestinal Tract -- Infectious Disorders of the Gastrointestinal Tract -- Manifestations of Immunodeficiency in the Gastrointestinal Tract -- Systemic Illnesses Involving the Gastrointestinal Tract -- Neuromuscular Disorders of the Gastrointestinal Tract -- Congenital and Developmental Disorders of the Gastrointestinal Tract -- Enteropathies Associated with Chronic Diarrhea and Malabsorption in Childhood -- Vascular Disorders of the Gastrointestinal Tract -- Autoimmune Disorders of the Gastrointestinal Tract -- Drug-Induced Disorders of the Gastrointestinal Tract -- Algorithmic Approach to Diagnosis of Inflammatory Disorders of the Gastrointestinal Tract -- Inflammatory Disorders of the Esophagus -- Inflammatory Disorders of the Stomach -- Inflammatory Disorders of the Small Intestine -- Inflammatory Disorders of the Large Intestine -- Inflammatory Disorders of the Appendix -- Polyps of the Esophagus -- Polyps of the Stomach -- Polyps of the Small Intestine -- Polyps of the Large Intestine -- Molecular Diagnostics of Tubal Gut Neoplasms -- Epithelial Neoplasms of the Esophagus -- Epithelial Neoplasms of the Stomach -- Epithelial Neoplasms of the Small Intestine -- Epithelial Neoplasms of the Large Intestine -- Epithelial Neoplasms of the Appendix -- Neuroendocrine Tumors of the Gastrointestinal and Pancreatobiliary Tracts -- Mesenchymal Tumors of the Gastrointestinal Tract -- Hematolymphoid Tumors of the Gastrointestinal Tract, Hepatobiliary Tract, and Pancreas -- Inflammatory and Neoplastic Disorders of the Anal Canal -- Gallbladder, Extrahepatic Biliary Tract, and Pancreas Tissue Processing Techniques and Normal Histology -- Molecular Genetics of Pancreatobiliary Neoplasms -- Diagnostic Cytology of the Biliary Tract and Pancreas -- Developmental Disorders of the Gallbladder, Extrahepatic Biliary Tract, and Pancreas -- Infectious and Inflammatory Disorders of the Gallbladder and Extrahepatic Biliary Tract -- Benign and Malignant Tumors of the Gallbladder and Extrahepatic Biliary Tract -- Inflammatory and Other Nonneoplastic Disorders of the Pancreas -- Tumors of the Pancreas -- Tumors of Major and Minor Ampulla -- Algorithmic Approach to Diagnosis of Liver Disorders -- Liver Tissue Processing and Normal Histology -- Molecular Pathogenesis and Diagnostics of Hepatocellular Tumors -- Diagnostic Cytology of the Liver -- Acute and Chronic Infectious Hepatitis -- Autoimmune and Chronic Cholestatic Disorders of the Liver -- Toxin- and Drug-Induced Disorders of the Liver -- Fatty Liver Disease -- Cirrhosis -- Vascular Disorders of the Liver -- Pathology of Liver and Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation -- Liver Pathology in Pregnancy -- Inherited Metabolic and Developmental Disorders of the Pediatric and Adult Liver -- Benign and Malignant Tumors of the Liver.
- Oesophagogastric surgery. 5th ed. 2014, ClinicalKeyPathology of oesophageal and gastric tumours / Heike I. Grabsch -- Epidemiology, genetics and screening for oesophageal and gastric cancer / William H. Allum -- Staging of oesophageal and gastric cancer / Graeme Couper -- Preoperative assessment and perioperative management in oesophageal and gastric surgery / Sheraz R. Markar, James Helman, and Donald E. Low -- Surgery for cancer of the oesophagus / S. Michael Griffin and Richard G. Berrisford -- Treatment of early oesophageal cancer / B. Mark Smithers and Iain Thomson -- Surgery for cancer of the stomach / Takeshi Sano -- Endoscopic and surgical treatment of early gastric cancer / Joost Rothbarth, Arjun D. Koch, and Jan J.B. van Lanschot -- Radiotherapy and chemotherapy in treatment of oesophageal and gastric cancer / Tom Crosby and Adrian Crellin -- Palliative treatments of carcinoma of the oesophagus and stomach / Jane M. Blazeby and Natalie Blencowe -- Other oesophageal and gastric neoplasms / Richard H. Hardwick -- Pathophysiology and investigation of gastro-oesophageal reflux disease / John M. Findlay and Nicholas D. Maynard -- Treatment of gastro-oesophageal reflux disease / David I. Watson -- Treatment of the complications of gastro-oesophageal reflux disease and failed gastro-oesophageal surgery / Robert Mason -- Barrett's oesophagus / Max Almond, Hugh Barr, and Janusz Jankowski -- The management of achalasia and other motility disorders of the oesophagus / Derek Alderson -- Paraoesophageal hernia and gastric volvulus / Nathan W. Bronson, Kyle A. Perry, and John G. Hunter -- Benign ulceration of the stomach and duodenum and the complications of previous ulcer surgery / John Wayman -- Oesophageal emergencies / Jon Shenfine and S. Michael Griffin -- Bariatric surgery / Richard Welbourn.
- Office andrology 2005, SpringerEssentials of sperm biology / Sharon T. Mortimer -- Endocrinology of male infertility / R. Dale McClure -- Sperm preparation for insemination / Grace M. Centola -- Specialized sperm testing: pros and cons / Kirk C. Lo ... [et al.] -- Genetic testing for male infertility / Robert D. Oates -- Optimizing success in a donor insemination program / Phillip E. Patton -- Ethical and legal considerations of donor insemination in the United States / Karen E. Adams -- Laboratory accreditation / William Byrd -- Office evaluation of male infertility / Darius A. Paduch and Eugene F. Fuchs -- Varicocele and infertility / Ulrike Zenke and Paul Turek --Strategic therapies for ejaculatory disorders and erectile dysfunction in the infertile man / Mustafa F. Usta and Wayne J. G. Hellstrom -- Vasectomy reversal / Eugene F. Fuchs and Darius A. Paduch -- Infection and male infertility / Emmett F. Branigan -- Obstructive and nonobstructive azoospermia / Kinloch Nelson and Peter Schlegel -- Testis biopsy and the infertile male / Sherman J. Silber -- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection: the process, the outcomes, and the controversies / David E. Battaglia -- Treatment of human immunodeficiency virus-discordant couples / Joseph E. Peña and Mark V. Sauer -- Sperm and egg retrieval for posthumous reproduction: practical, ethical, and legal considerations / Lisa V. Brock and Anna C. Mastroianni -- Gender selection: separating fact from fiction / David S. Karabinus and Keith L. Blauer.
- Office building safety and health 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Office ergonomics practical applications 2008, CRCnetBASE1. Working posture -- 1.1. Introduction -- 1.2. Sitting versus standing -- 1.3. The back -- 1.4. Posture -- 1.5. Maintenance and monitoring of good posture -- 1.6. Summary -- 2. The design of workstation furniture -- 2.1. Introduction -- 2.2. Desks -- 2.2.1. Desk height -- 2.2.2. Worksurface design -- 2.2.3. Worksurface layout -- 2.2.4. Undersurface features -- 2.3. Partitions -- 2.4. Chairs -- 2.4.1. Seat height adjustment -- 2.4.2. Backrest adjustment -- 2.4.3. Armrests -- 2.4.4. Adjustment mechanisms -- 2.5. Accessories -- 2.5.1. Footrests -- 2.5.2. Wristrests -- 2.5.3. Document holders -- 2.5.4. Screen risers -- 2.5.5. Telephone headsets -- 2.5.6. Reading slopes -- 2.6. Summary -- 3. Workstation trials -- 3.1. Introduction -- 3.2. Task analysis -- 3.2.1. Starting the procedure -- 3.2.2. Information collection -- 3.2.3. Recording information -- 3.3. Trials -- 3.4. The roll-out -- 3.5. Summary -- 4. Computer use -- 4.1. Introduction -- 4.2. Desktops -- 4.3. Flat screens -- 4.4. Laptops -- 4.5. Wireless technology -- 4.6. Out-of-office working -- 4.6.1. Home office -- 4.6.2. Mobile offices -- 4.7. Summary -- 5. Screen displays -- 5.1. Introduction -- 5.2. Memory -- 5.2.1. Short-term memory -- 5.2.2. Long-term memory -- 5.3. Displays -- 5.3.1. Fonts -- 5.3.2. Using color -- 5.3.3. Layout -- 5.3.4. Wording -- 5.3.5. Windows -- 5.4. Summary -- 6. Input devices -- 6.1. Introduction -- 6.2. Keyboards -- 6.3. Mouse -- 6.4. Touchpads -- 6.5. Trackball -- 6.6. Joystick -- 6.7. Touchscreens -- 6.8. Graphics tablets -- 6.9. Voice recognition software -- 6.10. General design requirements -- 6.11. Summary -- 7. Organizational issues -- 7.1. Introduction -- 7.2. Job design -- 7.3. Work rate -- 7.4. Rest breaks -- 7.5. Overtime -- 7.6. Incentives -- 7.7. Motivation -- 7.8. Shift work -- 7.9. Compressed working week -- 7.10. Managing change -- 7.11. Summary -- 8. Training -- 8.1. Introduction -- 8.2. The trainees -- 8.3. Training methods -- 8.4. The course -- 8.5. Alternative approaches -- 8.6. Making training more effective -- 8.7. After the course -- 8.8. Summary -- 9. The environment -- 9.1. Introduction -- 9.2. Noise -- 9.3. Lighting -- 9.3.1. Glare -- 9.3.2. Artificial light -- 9.3.3. Natural light -- 9.3.4. Color -- 9.4. Thermal comfort -- 9.5. Summary -- 10. Manual handling -- 10.1. Introduction -- 10.2. Manual handling injuries -- 10.3. Reducing the risk -- 10.3.1. Mechanical assistance -- 10.3.2. Work demands -- 10.3.3. Object characteristics -- 10.3.4. Environmental conditions -- 10.3.5. The person -- 10.4. Training -- 10.5. Summary -- 11. Work-related ill health -- 11.1. Introduction -- 11.2. Upper limb disorders -- 11.2.1. Types of upper limb disorders -- 188.8.131.52. Tenosynovitis -- 184.108.40.206. Carpal tunnel syndrome -- 220.127.116.11. Dupuytren's contracture -- 18.104.22.168. Vibration white finger -- 22.214.171.124. Ganglion -- 126.96.36.199. Epicondylitis -- 188.8.131.52. Tendinitis -- 184.108.40.206. Frozen shoulder -- 220.127.116.11. Thoracic outlet syndrome -- 18.104.22.168. Cervical spondylosis -- 22.214.171.124. Osteoarthritis -- 11.2.2. Causes of upper limb disorders -- 126.96.36.199. Repetition -- 188.8.131.52. Awkward postures -- 184.108.40.206. Static muscle work -- 220.127.116.11. Force -- 18.104.22.168. Duration of exposure -- 22.214.171.124. Other contributory factors -- 126.96.36.199. Psychosocial factors -- 188.8.131.52. Extra-organizational factors -- 11.3. Responding to ULDs -- 11.4. Backache -- 11.5. Visual fatigue -- 11.6. Stress -- 11.7. Summary -- 12. Disability -- 12.1. Introduction -- 12.2. Workstation arrangements -- 12.3. Computer work -- 12.4. General environment -- 12.5 Summary -- 13. Risk assessment -- 13.1. Introduction -- 13.2. Sample checklists -- 14. Case studies -- 14.1. Introduction -- 14.2. Case study A -- 14.3. Case study B -- 14.4. Case study C -- 14.5. Case study D -- 14.6. Case study E --14.7. Case study F.
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Oh's Intensive care manual. Seventh edition. [7th ed.] 2014, ClinicalKeyWhether you're a newcomer to the ICU or a seasoned practitioner, Oh's Intensive Care Manual delivers the practical, expert answers you need to manage the conditions you see every day in the intensive care unit. This highly esteemed, bestselling medical reference book presents comprehensive detail on each topic, while maintaining a succinct, accessible style so this information can be seamlessly incorporated into your daily practice.
- OIE/FAO International Scientific Conference on Avian Influenza Paris, France, 7-8 April 2005 Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Oligonucleotide synthesis methods and applications 2004, Springer ProtocolsSynthesis of DNA using a new two-step cycle / Douglas J. Dellinger ... [et al.] -- RNA synthesis using 2'-O-(tert-butyldimethylsilyl) protection / Brian S. Sproat -- RNA oligonucleotide synthesis via 5'-silyl-2'-orthoester chemistry / Stephanie A. Hartsel... [et al.] -- Dimethylthiarum disulfide: new sulfur transfer reagent in phosphorothioates oligonucleotide synthesis -- Zhiwei Wang, Quanlai Song, and Yogesh H. Sanghvi -- Assay for evaluating ribonuclease H-mediated degradation of RNA-antisense oligonucleotide duplexes / Annie Galarneau ... [et al.] -- Di- and oligonucleotide synthesis using H-phosphonate chemistry / Jacek Stawinski and Roger Strömberg -- Solid-phase synthesis of circular oligonucleotides / Enrique Pedroso ... [et al.] -- Locked nucleic acid synthesis / Henrik M. Pfundheller ... [et al.] -- Synthesis of DNA mimics representing HypNA-pPNA hetero-oligomers / Vladimir A. Efimov and Oksana G. Chakhmakhcheva -- Base-modified oligonucleotides with increased duplex stability: pyrazolo[3,4-d] pyrimidines replacing purines / Frank Seela ... [et al.] --Introduction of hypermodified nucleotides in RNA / Darrell R. Davis and Ashok C. Bajji -- Chemical methods for peptide-oligonucleotide conjugate synthesis / Dmitry A. Stetsenko and Michael J. Gait -- Biotin labeled oligonucleotides with extraordinarily long tethering arms / A. Michael Morocho ... [et al.] -- Universal labeling chemistry for nucleic acid detection on DNA chips / Ali Laayoun ... [et al.] -- Postsynthetic functionalization of triple helix-forming oligonucleotides / Alexandre S. Boutorine and Jian-Sheng Sun -- Fluorescence-based on-line detection as an analytical tool in RNA electrophoresis / Ute Scheffer and Michael Göbel -- Design and optimization of molecular beacon real-time polymerase chain reaction assays / Jacqueline A. M. Vet and Salvatore A. E. Marras -- High-thoughput production of optimized primers (fimers) for whole-genome direct sequencing / Nikolai Polushin ... [et al.] -- Nonenzymatic template directed RNA synthesis / Marcus Hey and Michael Göbel -- DNAse I footprinting of small molecule binding sites on DNA / Christian Bailly ... [et al.] --Gene targeting using peptide nucleic acid / Peter E. Nielsen -- Nucleic acid library construction using synthetic DNA constructs / Hani S. Zaher and Peter J. Unrau -- In vitro selection from combinatorial nucleic acid libraries / Andres Jäschke -- In vitro selection procedures for identifying DNA and RNA aptamers targeted to nucleic acids and proteins / Eric Dausse ... [et al.] -- Short double-stranded ribonucleic acid as inhibitor of gene expression by the interference mechanism / Jean-Rémi Bertrand, Andrei Maksimenko, and Claude Malvy.
- Print MaterialThe plant, production, olives and olive oil, and their detailed characterization. The plant and production. Olives and olive oil. The detailed characterization of olives and olive products -- Components of olives and olive plant product and uses. Lipids, phenolics, and other organics and volatiles. Metals, electrolytes, and other components. Non fruit aspects including mill wastewater -- Stability, microbes, contaminants, and adverse components and processes. Bacterial and fungal and other microbial aspects. Pesticides and adulterants. Toxicology and contaminants -- Analytical methods. Natural components. Adverse components -- General nutrition. General aspects and changes in food processing -- Cardiovascular. Cardiac aspects. Vascular aspects including hypertension. Lipid aspects -- Oxidative stress -- Cancer and immunology. Cancer. Immunology and inflammation -- Other effects, uses, and diseases. Cells and cellular effects. Skin and cosmeceuticals. Major organ systems including liver and metabolism -- Tyrosol and hydroxytyrosol -- Oleuropein -- Oleic acid -- Other components found in olive plants and products.
- Omega-3 fatty acids and the DHA principle 2010, CRCnetBASECh. 1. Molecular biology of Omega-3 chains as structural lipids : many central questions remain unanswered -- Ch. 2. Darwinian selection of the fittest membrane lipids : from archaeal isoprenoids to DHA-enriched rhodopsin disks -- Ch. 3. Coevolution of DHA membranes and their proteins -- Ch. 4. Convergent evolution of DHA/EPA biosynthetic pathways -- Ch. 5. Membrane evolution in a marine bacterium : capitalizing on DHA for energy conservation in seawater -- Ch. 6. Evolution of DHA membranes in human neutrons -- Ch. 7. DHA/EPA chains as powerful membrane antifreeze -- Ch. 8. DHA as a mediocre permeability barrier against cations : water wire theory -- Ch. 9. DHA/EPA membranes as targets of oxidative damage -- Ch. 10. Bacteria : environmental modulation of membrane lipids for bioenergetic gain -- Ch. 11. Chloroplasts : harnessing DHA/EPA for harvesting light in the sea -- Ch. 12. Mitochondria : DHA-cardiolipin boosts energy output -- Ch. 13. Sperm : essential roles of DHA lead to development of a mechanical stress hypothesis -- Ch. 14. DHA/EPA mutualism between bacteria and marine animals -- Ch. 15. Membrane adaptations for an oily environment : lessons from a petroleum-degrading bacterium -- Ch. 16. Lessons from yeast : phospholipid conformations are important in winemaking -- Ch. 17. DHA principle applied to global warming -- Ch. 18. DHA principle applied to molecular farming -- Ch. 19. DHA/unsaturation theory of aging -- Ch. 20. DHA principle applied to neurodegenerative diseases -- Ch. 21. Dietary DHA in prevention of colon cancer : how a risk to the cell benefits the organism.
- Omega-3 fatty acids, the brain and retina 2009, KargerOmega-6/omega-3 essential fatty acids : biological effects / Simopoulos, A.P. -- Depression, suicide, and deficiencies of omega-3 essential fatty acids in modern diets / Hibbeln, J.R. -- Serial structural magnetic resonance imaging analysis and proton and 31-phosphorus magnetic resonance spectroscopy to the investigation of cerebral fatty acids in major depressive disorder, Huntington's disease (chorea), and myalgic encephalomyelitis (chronic fatigue syndrome), and in forensic schizophrenic patients / Puri, B.K.; Tsaluchidu, S.; Treasaden, I.H. -- Omega-3 fatty acid docosahexaenoic acid is the precursor of neuroprotectin D1 in the nervous system / Niemoller, T.D.; Stark, D.T.; Bazan, N.G. -- Docosahexaenoic acid and amyloid-[beta] peptide signaling in Alzheimer's disease / Lukiw, W.J. -- Administration of docosahexaenoic acid, uridine, and choline increases levels of synaptic membranes and dendritic spines in rodent brain / Wurtman, R.J. ... [et al.] -- An assessment of dietary docosahexaenoic acid requirements for brain accretion and turnover during early childhood / Hadley, K.B. ... [et al.] -- Variation in lipid-associated genes as they relate to risk of advanced age-related macular degeneration / SanGiovanni, J.P., Mehta, S., Mehta, S.
- Over the last several years developing human research suggests that a component of omega-3 fatty acids, long chain ones, contribute particularly to health benefits. Omega-6/3 Fatty Acids: Functions, Sustainability Strategies and Perspectives focuses on developing information on this newly recognized key component. This volume uniquely, and for the first time, focuses on sustainability of natural sources of omega-3 fatty acids variants including long chain ones, and on ways to increase their use and availability to reduce major diseases. The authors review cardiovascular disease, neurological changes and mental health and other diseases like diabetes where long chain omega-3 fatty acids play protective roles from recent human trials. Each chapter evaluates developing information on the possible mechanistic role of long chain omega-3 fatty acids. After showing their requirement and involvement in health promotion there are reviews of various sources and ways to protect and promote them. Authors provide support for the benefits and sources of long chain omega-3 fatty acids and their increased dietary intake that reduce various physical and mental illnesses. Omega-6/3 Fatty Acids: Functions, Sustainability and Perspectives is a unique and important new volume that provides the latest data and reviews to physicians who need to assess serum omega-6/3 and fatty acids to help diagnose risks and change diets and to inform industry and the scientific community with reviews of research for actions including new studies and therapies.
- Omics perspective on cancer research 2010, Springer
- Omics-- biomedical perspectives and applications 2012, CRCnetBASESection 1. Methodology and application -- section 2. Empirical research -- section 3. Computational and systems biology -- section 4. Therapeutics -- section 5. Future perspective.
- OMMBID 2001
- Print MaterialIrving Yalom. --- Opening remarks -- Richard Shaw. --- Running from the garden with the hibiscus hedge -- Randall Weingarten. --- A Simple monk --- Word for a chairman leaving office --- Transference --- Memoir in eight lines -- James Lock. --- Stories for doctors -- Audrey Shafer. --- Operating room suite --- A Foot -- Mark Cullen. --- Excerpt from Thurwood summer, Thurwood fall -- Hans Steiner. --- Holding a life in your head -- List of Pegasus publications from 2010 & 2011.
- On bypass advanced perfusion techniques 2008, Springer
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Ob/gyn secrets. Updated 3rd ed. — On call Obstetrics and gynecology. 3rd ed. (100)
- On call pediatrics. 3rd ed. — Optogenetics. Tools for controlling and monitoring neuronal activity. 1st ed. (100)
- Oracle essentials Oracle database 10g. 3rd ed. — Otolaryngology-- head & neck surgery. 4th ed. (100)
- Otolith function and disorders — Ozone a new medical drug. 2nd ed. (77)
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
Bookmark on other websites
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases