View by page
- Ob/gyn secrets. Updated 3rd ed. — On call procedures. 2nd ed. (100)
- On call surgery. 3rd ed. — Oracle SQL*Plus pocket reference. 2nd ed. (100)
- Oracle SQL*Plus the definitive guide. 2nd ed. — Outcomes assessment in cancer measures, methods, and applications (100)
- Outer membrane vesicles of bacteria — Ozone a new medical drug. 2nd ed. (60)
- Oracle SQL*Plus the definitive guide. 2nd ed. 2005, ProQuest Safari
- Oracle9i for dummies 2002, SUNet ID login required to search for this title
- Oral & maxillofacial trauma. 4th ed. 2013, ClinicalKeyDescribing the diagnosis and management of maxillofacial and associated traumatic injuries step by step, this 4th Edition takes you beyond the surgical management of head and neck trauma to cover the general management of traumatic injuries, systemic evaluation of the trauma patient, and special considerations associated with maxillofacial trauma patient care. New to this edition are over 700 full-color illustrations showing details of traumatic injuries and their treatment. Edited by head and neck trauma expert Dr. Raymond J. Fonseca, along with over 80 highly respected contributors, this comprehensive reference provides all of the information you need to offer the best care possible to maxillofacial trauma patients. UPDATED content reflects current thinking and the latest techniques in the management of traumatic injuries. NEW full-color illustrations and design highlight clinical areas and show details of injuries and their treatment.
- Oral and cranial implants recent research developments 2013, SpringerDentists are routinely faced with a huge choice of implant systems from different manufacturers, each of whom claims that its own particular system has advantages over the others. There is consequently a need for an evidence-based review of the field that offers authoritative practical guidance for dental practitioners. Oral and Cranial Implants: Recent Research Developments has been written with this in mind. It brings together all the recent key developments in implant research and discusses the underlying science relating to implant procedures and failures.
- Oral and maxillofacial medicine the basis of diagnosis and treatment. 3rd ed. 2013, ScienceDirectThe new edition of this highly successful volume continues to offer readers with a systemized and objective approach to the practice of oral and maxillofacial medicine. Winner of the Royal Society of Medicine and Society of Authors Book Award in the category of 'New Authored Book' (2004), and Highly Commended in the British Medical Association Book Awards (2009), this volume is ideal for senior dental students, dental practitioners and for trainees and practitioners in oral medicine, surery, and pathology in particular. Allows the reader to adopt a systematic approach to history taking Explains how to examine patients and their oral lesions systematically to start formulating differential diagnoses Identifies which sites may be affected by the presenting condition and what to look for at the sites Explains when clinical investigations are indicated, which are appropriate, and how to perform them Shows the reader how to interpret the findings of routine clinical investigations and understand the potential implications for the patient Identifies relevant follow-up questions that may further clarify the findings of the clinical examination and refocus the history Explains how to recognise the scope of oral and maxillofacial diseases and the importance of their medical management in addition to the traditional dental focus of the discipline Shows the reader how to identify lesions and understand their potential implications for the patient Explains how to advise the patient about the aetiology of oral lesions and their predisposing factors Identifies a range of therapeutic options for the patient and emphasises the need for regular review and re-appraisal of the condition Provides an understanding of how treatment may impact, positively or negatively, upon the condition Identifies the need to refer for advice, investigations or treatment by dental, medical or surgical specialists Shows the reader how to recognise the importance of close liaison with colleagues in other disciplines, particular imaging, medicine, pathology and surgery.
- Oral and maxillofacial pathology. 3rd ed. 2009, ClinicalKey"Be prepared to diagnose and manage any condition you encounter in your practice! This bestselling reference gives you direct access to a complete range of full-color clinical images and patient radiographs that illustrate the differentiating characteristics of lesions in the oral and maxillofacial region. Significantly revised and updated content throughout this edition brings you the latest information on the etiology, clinical features, histopathology, treatment, and prognosis of each disease entity, as well as cutting-edge topics such as bisphosphonate osteonecrosis, the oral complications associated with methamphetamine abuse, solitary fibrous tumors, gene mutation, and plasminogen deficiency. Over 1,300 clinical photos and radiographs, most in full color, facilitate identification and classification of lesions. Current concepts of pathogenesis and disease management help you understand the diseases that affect the oral and maxillofacial structures, formulate an accurate diagnosis, and institute proper treatment. Each chapter is logically organized by body system or disease group, enabling you to easily identify a specific condition. A comprehensive appendix of differential diagnosis among oral and maxillofacial disease processes helps you rule out invalid diagnoses. The bibliography divided by topic presented at the end of each chapter enables you to pursue supplemental literature. Highly accomplished authors and contributors with a broad range of clinical and classroom teaching experience provide well-balanced coverage of the entire subject. Chapter outlines at the beginning of each chapter allow immediate access to specific topics. Over 200 new illustrations have been added to this popular, visual reference. A new section on bisphosphonate-associated osteonecrosis thoroughly explores and illustrates this recently identified complication resulting from medications used to prevent bone loss in patients with multiple myeloma, metastatic tumors, and osteoporosis. A new section about the oral complications of methamphetamine abuse details characteristic oral manifestations such as "meth mouth caries" and factitial injuries. Expanded coverage of oral piercings, intraoral tattoos, and other body modifications includes unusual entities such as tongue splitting and charm needles. A new section on transient lingual papillitis sheds light on this common cause of transitory tongue irritation. A new section on solitary fibrous tumors familiarizes you with this popular designation for certain benign fibrous neoplasms. A new section on hypoplasminogenemia (ligneous conjunctivitis), or plasminogen deficiency, includes images from a patient case that illustrate the characteristic gingival lesions associated with this rare but fascinating systemic condition. A new section on hereditary mucoepithelial dysplasia describes the characteristic oral manifestations that can lead you to accurately diagnose this condition, potentially preventing a woman with this disorder from having cytologically unusual cells misdiagnosed as carcinoma on her cervical PAP smears. A new section discusses the clinical and microscopic features of chronic ulcerative stomatitis, an immune-mediated condition of the oral mucosa that presents with erosive lesions and is often mistaken for lichen planus. The chapter on Forensic Dentistry has been thoroughly revised and updated by leading forensic odontology author, Dr. Edward Herschaft, to include the latest information on this fascinating topic. Several chapters have been updated to include the most current knowledge of specific gene mutations associated with hereditary oral disorders."--Publisher's website.
- Oral and maxillofacial surgery. 2nd ed. v.1-3=, 2009, ClinicalKeyv. 1. Anesthesia and pain control, dentoalveolar surgery, practice management, implant surgery / volume editors, Raymond J. Fonseca -- v. 2. Trauma, surgical pathology, temporomandibular disoders / volume editors, Robert D. Marciani -- v. 3. Orthognathic surgery, esthetic surgery, cleft and craniofacial surgery / volume editors, Timothy A. Turvey.
- Oral and maxillofacial trauma. 3rd ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialPart I - Basic principles in the management of traumatic injuries -- Part II - Systematic evaluation of the traumatized patient -- Part III - Management of head and neck injuries -- Part IV - Special considerations in the management of traumatic injuries.
- Oral biology molecular techniques and applications 2010, Springer ProtocolsGene therapy of salivary diseases -- Collection, storage, and processing of saliva samples for downstream molecular applications -- Proteomic analysis of saliva: 2D gel electrophoresis, LC-MS/MS, and Western blotting -- Transcriptomic analyses of saliva -- The oral microbiota : General overview, taxonomy, and nucleic acid techniques -- Microbial community profiling using terminal restriction fragment length polymorphism (T-RFLP) and denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis (DGGE) -- Protocols to study the physiology of oral biofilms -- Adhesion of yeast and bacteria to oral surfaces -- Quantitative analysis of periodontal pathogens by ELISA and real-time polymerase chain reaction -- Bacterial viability determination in a dentinal tubule infection model by confocal laser scanning microscopy -- Characterization of anti-competitor activities produced by oral bacteria -- Natural transformation of oral streptococci -- Use of in vivo-induced antigen technology (IVIAT) to identify virulence factors of porphyromonas gingivalis -- Oral bacterial genome sequencing using the high-throughput roche genome sequencer FLX system -- Use of a yeast-based membrane protein expression technology to overexpress drug resistance efflux pumps -- Explant culture of embryonic craniofacial tissues : Analyzing effects of signaling molecules on gene expression -- A method to isolate, purify, and characterize human periodontal ligament stem cells -- Preclinical methods for the evaluation of periodontal regeneration in vivo -- Proteomic analysis of dental tissue microsamples -- Immunological techniques : ELISA, flow cytometry, and immunohistochemistry -- Analysis of immune responses to purified recombinant antigens of periodontal pathogens -- Single-strand conformation polymorphism analysis for the diagnosis of T-cell clonality in periodontal disease -- Real-time PCR focused-gene array profiling of gingival and periodontal ligament fibroblasts -- The use of gene arrays in deciphering the pathobiology of periodontal diseases -- Bioinformatics techniques in microarray research : Applied microarray data analysis using R and SAS software.
- Oral cancer metastasis 2010, Springer
- Oral cytology a concise guide 2013, SpringerOral Cytology: A Concise Guide provides a state-of-the-art review of the major issues specific to the field of oral cytology. The sections of the book have been structured to review the complexities of sample collection, manual/automated analysis, pitfalls, gray zones and controversies in diagnosis, as well as, issues not covered by other available materials. Recent advancements in ancillary techniques like DNA ploidy, image analysis and molecular biology are discussed in detail. This useful text is extensively illustrated with patient and microscopic pictures, which will further highlight the clinical application. Throughout the text, simultaneous inclusion of both cytologic and histologic images will allow cyto-histological correlation. Readers will find descriptions of techniques offering greater simplicity, speed, patient comfort and cost effectiveness, as well as improved diagnostic precision. This bench-side reference is a unique and valuable resource in the field of oral cytology, both for those currently in training and clinicians dealing with the diagnosis of oral lesions.
- Oral mucositis 2012, SpringerTreatment tolerance is a challenge for most cancer patients, and it is therefore essential that healthcare professionals (HCP) are quick to recognize adverse events and implement management strategies to address them. This pocket book provides an in-depth guide to the epidemiology, diagnosis and management of oral mucositis, a common adverse event of chemotherapy.
- Oral pathology-- a comprehensive atlas and text. 1st ed. 2012, ClinicalKeyDevelopmental and congenital conditions -- Noninfectious papillary lesions -- Bacterial, viral, fungal, and other infectious conditions -- Fibrous, gingival, lipocytic, and miscellaneous tumors -- Vascular, neural, and muscle tumors -- Ulcerative and inflammatory conditions -- Immune-mediated, autoimmune, and granulomatous conditions -- Pigmented lesions -- Reactive keratotic lesions (nonleukoplakias) -- Leukoplakia, oral dysplasia, and squamous cell carcinoma -- Inflammatory salivary gland disorders -- Salivary gland neoplasms -- Intraosseous odontogenic cysts and tumors and other intraosseous lesions -- Odontogenic tumors -- Nonodontogenic intraosseous lesions.
- Oral pathology-- clinical pathologic correlations. 6th ed. 2012, ClinicalKeyCovering pathologic conditions by clinical appearance, Oral Pathology: Clinical Pathologic Correlations, 6th Edition uses an atlas-style format to help you identify, diagnose, and plan treatment for oral disease presentations. Two-page spreads include clinical photos of common conditions on one side while the facing page lists the central features, causes, and significance of each specific disease. Each chapter is organized by clinical appearance, such as white lesions, red-blue lesions, and cysts of the jaws and neck, and includes full-color photomicrographs and clinical photos to help you identify pathologic elements. This edition adds new coverage of oral cancer and new cone beam CT, regular CT, and MRI images. Expert authors Joseph Regezi, James Sciubba, and Richard Jordan provide a quick reference that;s ideal for the lab, NBDE review, or chairside use! An atlas-style Clinical Overview section makes it easy to find key information, with one page showing clinical photos of common conditions and the facing page listing symptoms, causes, and significance. Organization by clinical appearance -- such as including all red-blue lesions in one chapter along with possible causes -- matches what you would expect to see upon a patient's presentation, and provides a practical tool for developing differential diagnoses and planning treatment. Hundreds of full-color clinical photographs and radiographs depict specific conditions for easier identification in real clinical scenarios. Full-color photomicrographs help you identify pathologic elements and provide correct diagnoses and treatment plans. Boxes and tables offer clear, at-a-glance information on the clinical features, diagnosis, and treatment for many conditions. Student resources on a companion Evolve website include 30 case studies, a 150-question practice exam, and case-based learning to prepare you for the NBDE and for clinical practice.
- Physiology and pharmacology of erectile dysfunction / Rafael Carrion ... [et al.] -- Epidemiology of erectile dysfunction / Jonathan D. Schiff and John P. Mulhall -- Pharmacology of phosphodiesterase inhibitors / Erwin Bischoff -- Sildenafil citrate, the classical PDE5 inhibitor: a five-year review of its efficacy and safety in the arena of erectile dysfunction / Harin Padma-Nathan -- Tadalafil: clinical trials experience / Culley C. Carson, III -- Vardenafil: clinical trials experience / Ajay Nehra -- Erectile dysfunction assessment and management in primary care practice / Louis Kuritzky and Martin Miner -- When to refer the patient with erectile dysfunction to a specialist / Ira D. Sharlip -- Erectile dysfunction: assessing risk and managing the cardiac patient / Thorsten Reffelmann and Robert A. Kloner -- Is diabetic erectile dysfunction more difficult to treat? / Pierre Theuma and Vivian A. Fonseca -- Depression and antidepressant-associated erectile dysfunction / Raymond C. Rosen -- Intracavernous, transurethral, and topical therapies for erectile dysfunction in the era of oral pharmacotherapy: salvaging first-line therapy, failures with combination therapies / Hans-Martin A. Fritsche, Mustafa F. Usta, and Wayne J.G. Hellstrom -- Androgen deficiency of the aging male: enhancing erectile response to oral pharmacotherapy / Alvaro Morales and Jeremy P.W. Heaton -- Central activation of erection and clinical experience / Jeremy P.W. Heaton, Alvaro Morales, and Michael A. Adams -- Sustaining the cure: oral pharmacotherapy failures salvage with vacuum devices and penile implants / Ronald W. Lewis -- Prevention and treatment of erectile dysfunction utilizing lifestyle changes and dietary supplements: what works and what is worthless? / Mark A. Moyad -- Pharmacological strategies in the management of rapid ejaculation / Chris G. McMahon -- Sexual dysfunction after radical prostatectomy and the use of PDE-5 inhibitors / Andrew McCullough -- Female sexual dysfunction: is there a magic pill? / Ridwan Shabsigh ... [et al.].
- Oral surgery 2007, Springer
- Orbital Tumors, 2nd edition discusses advances in orbital disease and their treatment, offering readers an up-to-date, single volume reference for orbital tumors. Divided into two parts, this book covers everything from advances in oncogenesis and its relationship to orbital tumors, to medical genetics and the role of imaging in diagnosis of orbital tumors. Additionally, new information on incidence and behavior of tumors resulting from environmental and social trends is included. Written and edited by leaders in the fields of ophthalmology and oncology, Orbital Tumors, 2nd edition builds upon the first edition, proving to be a useful reference for orbital specialists and of significant interest to everyone dealing with orbital pathology from a clinical and scientific point of view.
- Orell & Sterrett's Fine needle aspiration cytology. 5th ed. 2012, ScienceDirectChapter 1 Introduction -- Chapter 2 The techniques of FNA cytology -- Chapter 3 Imaging methods for guidance of aspiration cytology -- Chapter 4 Head and neck; salivary glands -- Chapter 5 Lymph nodes -- Chapter 6 The thyroid gland -- Chapter 7 Breast -- Chapter 8 Lung, chest wall and pleura -- Chapter 9 Mediastinum -- Chapter 10 Liver and spleen -- Chapter 11 Pancreas, biliary tract and intra-abdominal organs -- Chapter 12 Kidney, adrenal and retroperitoneum -- Chapter 13 Male and female genital organs -- Chapter 14 Skin and subcutis -- Chapter 15 Soft tissues -- Chapter 16 Bone and cartilage -- Chapter 17 Paediatric tumors -- Chapter 18 Infectious Diseases.
- Orexin/hypocretin system physiology and pathophysiology 2006, Springer
- Orexin/hypocretin system. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirectThis issue of Progress in Brain Research reviews current knowledge and understanding, provides a starting point for researchers and practitioners entering the field, and builds a platform for further research and discovery. Leading authors review the state-of-the-art in their field of investigation, and provide their views and perspectives for future research Chapters are extensively referenced to provide readers with a comprehensive list of resources on the topics covered All chapters include comprehensive background information and are written in a clear form that is also accessible to the non-specialist.
- Organ transplantation bibliography and guide to information resources Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- pt. 1. Origins of organelle genomes -- pt. 2. Organelle genome evolution -- pt. 3. Mechanisms of organelle gene loss -- pt. 4. Origins of organelle proteomes -- pt. 5. Evolution of organelle transcription -- pt. 6. Evolution of organelle RNA processing -- pt. 7. Evolution of organelle translation, tRNAs and the genetic code.
- Organelle proteomics 2008, Springer ProtocolsAnalysis of organelles by on-line two-dimensional liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry / Edwin P. Romijn and John R. Yates III -- Purification and proteomic analysis of chloroplasts and their sub-organellar compartments / Daniel Salvi ... [et al.] -- Proteomic analysis of the stacked golgi complex / Mark S. Lowenthal, Kathryn E. Howell, and Christine C. Wu -- Purification of Saccharomyces cerevisiae mitochondria by zone electrophoresis in a free flow device / Hans Zischka ... [et al.] -- Preparation of respiratory chain complexes from Saccharomyces cerevisiae wild-type and mutant mitochondria : activity measurement and subunit composition analysis / Claire Lemaire and Geneviève Dujardin -- Mitochondrial proteomics : analysis of a whole mitochondrial extract with two-dimensional electrophoresis / Thierry Rabilloud -- Purification and proteomic analysis of the mouse liver mitochondrial inner membrane / Sandrine Da Cruz and Jean-Claude Martinou -- Subcellular fractionation and proteomics of nuclear envelopes / Laurence Florens, Nadia Korfali, and Eric C. Schirmer -- Purification and proteomic analysis of a nuclear-insoluble protein fraction / Tsuneyoshi Horigome, Kazuhiro Furukawa, and Kohei Ishii -- Preparation methods of human metaphase chromosomes for their proteome analysis / Kiichi Fukui, Hideaki Takata, and Susumu Uchiyama -- Purification and proteomic analysis of plant plasma membranes / Erik Alexandersson ... [et al.] -- Protocol to enrich and analyze plasma membrane proteins from frozen tissues / Jacek R. Wiśniewski -- Proteomic characterization of membrane protein topology / Adele R. Blackler and Christine C. Wu -- Free flow isoelectric focusing : a method for the separation of both hydrophilic and hydrophobic proteins of rat liver peroxisomes / Markus Islinger and Gerhard Weber -- Use of gas-phase fractionation to increase protein identifications : application to the peroxisome / Jacob Kennedy and Eugene C. Yi -- Purification and proteomic analysis of lysosomal integral membrane proteins / Huiwen Zhang ... [et al.] -- Affinity purification of soluble lysosomal proteins for mass spectrometric identification / Sylvie Kieffer-Jaquinod ... [et al.] -- Purification and proteomic analysis of synaptic vesicles / Holly D. Cox and Charles M. Thompson -- Purification and proteomics analysis of pancreatic zymogen granule membranes / Xuequn Chen and Philip C. Andrews -- Isolation and proteomic analysis of chlamydomonas centrioles / Lani C. Keller and Wallace F. Marshall -- Purification and proteomic analysis of 20S proteasomes from human cells / Marie-Pierre Bousquet-Dubouch ... [et al.] -- Characterization of E. coli ribosomal particles : combined analysis of whole proteins by mass spectrometry and of proteolytic digests by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry / Isabelle Iost ... [et al.] -- Assessment of organelle purity using antibodies and specific assays : the example of the chloroplast envelope / Daniel Salvi ... [et al.] -- Identifying bona fide components of an organelle by isotope-coded labeling of subcellular fractions : an example in peroxisomes / Marcello Marelli, Alexey I. Nesvizhskii, and John D. Aitchison -- Determination of genuine residents of plant endomembrane organelles using isotope tagging and multivariate statistics / Kathryn S. Lilley and Tom P.J. Dunkley -- Quantitative proteomic analysis to profile dynamic changes in the spatial distribution of cellular proteins / Wei Yan, Daehee Hwang, and Ruedi Aebersold -- Use of transcriptomic data to support organelle proteomic analysis / Wallace F. Marshall.
- Organic photochemistry and photophysics 2006, CRCnetBASEPhotochemistry and photophysics of highly excited valence states of polyatomic molecules: nonalternant aromatics, thioketones, and metalloporphyrins / G. Burdzinski ... [et al.] -- Proton transfer reactions in the excited states / Haruo Shizuka and Seiji Tobita -- Photoreactivity of n,[pi]*-excited azoalkanes and ketones / Werner M. Nau and Uwe Pischel -- Photonucleophilic substitution reactions / Maurizio Fagnoni and Angelo Albini -- Mechanistic and synthetic aspects of SET-promoted photocyclization reactions of silicon substituted phthalimides / Ung Chan Yoon and Patrick S. Mariano -- Photoanimation with ammonia and amines / Masahide Yasuda ... [et al.] -- DNA-templated assembly of helical multichromophore aggregates / Bruce A. Armitage.
- The origin of modern intensive care units (ICUs) has frequently been attributed to the widespread provision of mechanical ventilation within dedicated hospital areas during the 1952 Copenhagen polio epidemic. However, modern ICUs have developed to treat or monitor patients who have any severe, life-threatening disease or injury. These patients receive specialized care and vital organ assistance such as mechanical ventilation, cardiovascular support, or hemodialysis. ICU patients now typically occupy approximately 10% of inpatient acute care beds, yet the structure and organization of these ICUs can be quite different across hospitals. In The Organization of Critical Care: An Evidence-Based Approach to Improving Quality, leaders provide a concise, evidence-based review of ICU organizational factors that have been associated with improved patient (or other) outcomes. The topics covered are grouped according to four broad domains: (1) the organization, structure, and staffing of an ICU; (2) organizational approaches to improving quality of care in an ICU; (3) integrating ICU care with other healthcare provided within the hospital and across the broader healthcare system; and (4) international perspectives on critical care delivery. Each chapter summarizes a different aspect of ICU organization and targets individual clinicians and healthcare decision makers. A long overdue contribution to the field, The Organization of Critical Care: An Evidence-Based Approach to Improving Quality is an indispensable guide for all clinicians and health administrators concerned with achieving state-of-the-art outcomes for intensive care.
- Organizational crisis management the human factor 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Orientation and navigation in vertebrates 2008, Springer
- Origin and evolution of the vertebrate telencephalon, with special reference to the mammalian neocortex 2007, Springer
- Origin of cancers clinical perspectives and implications of a stem-cell theory of cancer 2010, Springer
- Origin of group identity viruses, addiction, and cooperation 2009, SpringerAn overview : identity from bacteria to belief -- The prokaryotes : viruses, hyperparasites and the origin of group identity -- Sensory systems (light, odor, pheromones) in communities of oceanic microbes -- Subjugation of the individual : prokaryotic group living : blooms, slime and mats -- Animal group identity : from slime to worms, emergence of the brain -- Group identity in aquatic animals : learning to belong -- Development of tetrapod group identity, the smell of self -- Origin of primate group identity : vision and the great ERV invasion -- Human group identity : language and a social mind.
- Origin of mitochondria and hydrogenosomes 2007, SpringerThe road to hydrogenosomes -- Mitochondria: key to complexity -- Origin, function,and transmission of mitochondria -- Mitochondria and their host: morphology to molecular phylogeny -- Anaerobic mitochondria: properties and origins -- Iron-sulfur proteins and iron-sulfur cluster assembly in organisms with hydrogenosomes and mitosomes -- Hydrogenosomes (and related organelles, either) are not the same -- The chimeric origin of mitochondria: photosynthetic cell enslavement, gene-transfer pressure, and compartmentation efficiency -- Constantin Merezhkowsky and the endokaryotic hypothesis -- The diversity of mitochondrion-related organelles amongst eukaryotic microbes -- Mitosomes of parasitic protozoa: biology and evolutionary significance -- index.
- Origins of life on the earth and in the cosmos. 2nd ed. 2000, ScienceDirect
- Orofacial pain a clinician's guide 2014, Springer1. The Neurobiology of Orofacial Pain -- 2. Oral Health Related Quality of Life and Facial Pain -- 3. Classification and Epidemiology of Orofacial Pain -- 4. Nociceptive Chemical Mediators In Oral Inflammation -- 5. Dental Sleep Medicine and the Use of Oral Devices -- 6. Local Anesthesia in the Orofacial Region -- 7. Analgesics and adjuvants for the management of orofacial pain across age groups -- 8. Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy in Pain Management -- 9. Management of Oral Ulcers and Burning Mouth Syndrome -- 10. Hypnosis and Biofeedback for Orofacial Pain Management -- 11. Headaches, Migraine and Cluster Headache -- 12. Management of Orofacial Neuropathic Pain -- 13. Preemptive Analgesia and Multimodal Pain Management for Temporomandibular Total Joint Replacement Surgery.
- Orphan G protein-coupled receptors and novel neuropeptides 2006, Springer
- Forces and equilibrium -- Deformation -- Mechanical properties -- Viscoelasticity -- Properties of natural materials -- Polymers -- Metals -- Ceramics and composites -- Tissue engineering -- Hybrid, combination, and replant materials -- Friction and wear -- Corrosion and degradation -- Fixation -- Host response -- Testing and introduction of new materials -- Materials retrieval and analysis -- Self-test.
- Orthopaedic key review concepts 2008, OvidBasic science / Sudheer Reddy, Miltiadis H. Zgonis, and Joshua D. Auerbach -- Pediatric orthopaedics / Harish S. Hosalkar ... [et al.] -- Sports medicine / Jeffrey F. Sodl ... [et al.] -- Adult reconstruction / Sharat Kusuma and Jonathan P. Garino -- Foot and ankle / Sudheer C. Reddy, Selene G. Parekh, and Enyi Okereke -- Hand and microsurgery / Sepideh Baghian -- Adult spine / Todd A. Michener and Kingsley R. Chin -- Musculoskeletal tumors / Harish S. Hosalkar ... [et al.] -- Rehabilitation / Richard Scarlett, Samir Mehta, and Mary Ann Keenan -- Trauma / Samir Mehta -- Biostatistics / G. Russell Huffman -- Business and practice principles / Sharat Kumar Kusuma, Selene G. Parekh, and Price Chipley French -- Tips for the OITE, written and oral boards, and recertifying examinations / Sameer Nagda ... [et al.].
- Orthopaedic knowledge update Hip and knee reconstruction 3. 3rd ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Orthopaedic knowledge update Shoulder and elbow 3. 3rd ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialBasic science / section editor, Thay Q. Lee -- Instability and athletic injuries / section editor, Peter J. Millett -- The rotator cuff / section editor, Leesa M. Galatz -- Arthroscopy / section editors, Jeffrey S. Abrams, Benjamin Shaffer -- Arthritis and Arthroplasty / section editor, Michael Pearl -- Trauma and fractures / section editor, Herbert Resch -- Elbow trauma, fracture, and reconstruction / section editor, Matthew L. Ramsey -- Miscellaneous shoulder topics / section editor, John W. Sperling.
- Orthopaedic management in cerebral palsy. 2nd ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Principles of Musculoskeletal Biopsy / Raffi S. Avedian -- Imaging Evaluation of Musculoskeletal Tumors / Nicholas Morley and Imran Omar -- Benign Bone Tumors / Robert Steffner -- Osteosarcoma / Drew D. Moore and Hue H. Luu -- Ewing's Sarcoma of Bone / Drew D. Moore and Rex C. Haydon -- Chondrosarcoma of Bone / Lee R. Leddy and Robert E. Holmes -- Evaluation and Treatment of Spinal Metastatic Disease / Shah-Nawaz M. Dodwad, Jason Savage, Thomas J. Scharschmidt and Alpesh Patel -- Evaluation and Treatment of Extremity Metastatic Disease / Aaron T. Creek, Drew A. Ratner and Scott E. Porter -- Clinical Evaluation and Management of Benign Soft Tissue Tumors of the Extremities / Andrew S. Erwteman and Tessa Balach -- Soft Tissue Sarcomas / Andre Spiguel.
- Orthopaedic pathology. 5th ed. 2010, ClinicalKeyOrthopaedic Pathology, 5th Edition, by Peter G. Bullough, MB, ChB, presents a unique, lavishly illustrated account of the pathology of arthritic disorders, metabolic disturbances, and soft tissue and bone tumors. Nearly 2,000 high-quality pathologic slides, diagnostic images, and gross specimens, side-by-side, depict the appearance of a wide range of conditions and correlate orthopaedic pathology to clinical practice for greater diagnostic accuracy. Expert Consult functionality, new to this edition, offers convenient access to the complete contents of the book online. It's the ideal resource for the orthopaedic surgeon and radiologist as well as the trainee and practicing pathologist. Provides extensive coverage of arthritic disorders, metabolic disturbances, soft tissue tumors, bone tumors, and rare disorders, not just tumors, which most books emphasize, for guidance on the most commonly seen conditions. Uses nearly 2000 high-quality illustrations, including pathology, histology, radiologic imaging, and schematic line diagrams, that present a clear visual correlation between pathology and clinical images to aid in diagnosis. Includes a chapter on imaging techniques, interpretation, and strategies that provides a foundation of knowledge in radiology. Features brief text, including bulleted lists of key points and information, that makes reference quick and learning easy.
- Orthopaedic physical examination. 2nd ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Orthopaedic rehabilitation of the athlete getting back in the game 2015, ClinicalKeyPrevent athletic injuries and promote optimal recovery using all of the latest evidence-based guidelines and protocols! Practical, expert guidance; a templated, user-friendly format; and descriptions of key rehabilitation exercises make this an ideal reference for any practitioner working with athletes! [From book jacket].
- Orthopaedic surgical approaches. Second edition [2nd ed.] 2015, ClinicalKeyApproach to the Surgical Patient -- Shoulder and Arm -- Elbow and Forearm -- Wrist and Hand -- Spine -- Hip and Pelvis -- Knee and Lower Leg -- Foot and Ankle.
- Orthopaedic trauma surgery 2010, ClinicalKeyEmil Schemitsch, MD, FRCS(C), is a multimedia orthopedics resource that offers the how-to step-by-step guidance you needin both atlas and online video formatsto perform all of the latest and best procedures. The large full-color photos and diagrammable illustrations, concise text, included DVD, and companion web video make it simple to find exactly what you need, when you need it. The result is a detailed, easy-to-use reference that no orthopedic surgeon should be without.Includes access to a companion website where you can search the full text of the book, view videos of experts performing techniques, and link to PubMed for further reference.Covers the hottest topics including compartment syndrome, and the latest techniques in locking plates, management of complex periarticular fractures, difficult upper extremity fractures and acute total joint arthroplasty to help you stay on top of your field.Features step-by-step intraoperative photographs demonstrating each technique and radiographs showing presenting problems and post-surgical outcomes so youll know exactly what to do.Highlights key anatomical structures through full-color photographs and interpretive diagrams that present a real-life perspective of cases.Presents surgical tips, pearls and pitfalls from the authors enabling you to enhance your technique and optimize outcomes. Outlines positioning, exposures, instrumentation, and implants to equip you to be more thoroughly prepared for every procedure.Features a hands-on, clinical emphasis, providing just the information and guidance you need.Offers post-operative management guidelines and discussions of expected outcomes to help you avoid mistakes and offer quality patient-focused care.Includes a DVD with videos of experts performing key procedures to help you refine your technique.
- Orthopaedics and rheumatology on the move 2014, CRCnetBASEPart 1. Upper limb -- part 2. Lower limb -- part 3. Rheumatology -- part 4. Self-assessment.
- Orthopaedics for physician assistants. 1st ed. 2013, ClinicalKeySpine / Ian W. Marks -- Shoulder and humerus / Jennifer A. Hart -- Elbow and forearm / Sara D. Rynders -- Wrist and hand / Amy Radigan -- Pelvis / Deana Bahrman and Katherine Sharpe -- Hip and femur / Casey Sharpe and Deana Bahrman -- Knee and lower leg / Cara B. Garrett -- Foot and ankle / Suzanne Eiss and Margaret Schick -- Pediatrics / Scott Yang -- Orthopaedic tumors and masses / Gergory Domson -- Splinting and casting / Damond A. Cromer -- Wound care / Shruti Tannan and Adam Katz.
- Orthopantomography 2013, SpringerTechnique and Normal Anatomy -- Hints of Technique and Methodology -- Normal Anatomy -- Elementary Radiographical Semeiotics and Pathological Terminology -- Alterations of Number, Orientation, Seat, Morphology, Width and Structure of the Dental Element -- Caries -- Periapical Lesions -- The Periodontal Disease -- Cystic Lesions and Maxillary Tumours -- OPT in Post-treatment Evaluation.
- Orthopedic physical assessment atlas and video selected special tests and movements 2011, ClinicalKeyGeneral principles and concepts of selected movements and special tests -- Cervical spine -- Temporomandibular joint -- Shoulder -- Elbow -- Forearm, wrist, and hand -- Thoracic spine -- Lumbar spine -- Pelvis -- Hip -- Knee -- Lower leg, ankle, and foot.
- Orthopedic physical assessment. 4th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Orthopedic principles--a resident's guide 2005, Springer
- Orthopedic rehabilitation, assessment, and enablement 2007, Springer
- Orthopedic secrets. Fourth edition [4th ed.] 2015, ClinicalKeyAdult reconstruction -- Basic science -- Foot and ankle -- Hand -- Orthopedic oncology -- Pediatric orthopedics -- Rehabilitation and neuro-orthopedic surgery -- Shoulder and elbow -- Spine -- Sports -- Orthopedic trauma.
- Orthopedic sports medicine principles and practice 2011, Springer
- Orthopedic surgery in patients with hemophilia 2008, Springer
- Orthopedic traumatology a resident's guide 2006, Springer
- Orthopedic traumatology a resident's guide. 2nd ed. 2008, Springer
- Orthopedic traumatology an evidence-based approach 2013, SpringerEvidence-based medicine is the future of orthopedic surgery. The escalating costs of medical care drive the need for physicians to base clinical decisions on data in order to provide optimal care to every patient. Orthopedic Traumatology: An Evidence-Based Approach provides readers a model for evidence-based decision making in orthopedic trauma. Renowned orthopedic trauma surgeons describe interesting clinical scenarios, give expert opinions on management, and include relevant imaging to create a complete picture of each fascinating case. Useful for residents and practicing physicians alike, Orthopedic Traumatology is a unique guide to orthopedic trauma and evidence-based medicine.
- Orthopedics of the upper and lower limb 2013, SpringerOrthopedics of the Upper and Lower Limb has been written to serve as a general introduction to the field of orthopedics and trauma for the regions of the upper and lower limb. It is composed of a number of commonly seen disorders and with a corresponding therapeutic pathway, clearly explained with numerous x-rays and diagrams to aid the reader in their understanding of these useful procedures.The book is intended as a basic resource for trainees and junior surgeons, but will also be useful to more experienced specialists who require an easy to follow clinical guide to assist in day to day practice of orthopedic and trauma disorders of the upper and lower limb.
- Orthopoxviruses pathogenic for humans 2005, Springer
- Orthotics & prosthetics in rehabilitation. 3rd ed. 2013, ClinicalKeyThe most comprehensive physical therapy text available on the topic, Orthotics & Prosthetics in Rehabilitation, 3rd Edition, is your one-stop resource for clinically relevant rehabilitation information. Evidence-based coverage offers essential guidelines on orthotic/prosthetic prescription, pre- and post-intervention gait assessment and outcome measurement, and working with special populations. Whether you are a student or a clinician, this text provides the strong foundation in and appreciation for the field of orthotics and prosthetics that will give you the critical skills needed when working with this unique client population. Inside you'll find: comprehensive coverage of rehabilitation in a variety of environments, including acute care, long-term care, home health care, and outpatient settings; authoritative information from the Guide to Physical Therapist Practice, 2nd edition is incorporated throughout to keep you up to date with the recognized standard in the field; WHO International Classification of Function model provides consistent language and an international standard to describe and measure health and disability from a biopsychosocial perspective; case studies present real-life scenarios that demonstrate how key concepts apply to clinical decision making and evidence-based practice; and a visually appealing 2-color design and a wealth of tables and boxes highlight vital information for quick reference and ease of use. New to this edition: NEW! Chapter on athletics after amputation exploring advanced training and athletics, including running and athletic competition, to enhance the quality of life for persons with amputation; NEW! Chapter on the high risk foot and wound healing helps you recognize, treat, and manage wounds for the proper fit and managemnt of the patient; NEW! Chatper on advanced prosthetic rehabilitation provides more thorough rehabilitation methods beyond the early care of persons learning to use thier prostheses; updated photos and illustration reflect current clinical practice; and updated chapters covering assessment of gait with a focus on clinically useful outcome measures, motor control and motor learning incorporating new insights into neuroplasticity and functional recovery, and a NEW integrated chapter on lower extremity orthoses that assist in clincial decision making about the best options for your patients.
- The history of pediatrics in America -- The field of pediatrics -- Ethics of pediatric medicine -- Reading and keeping up with the medical literature -- Pediatric history and physical examination -- Diagnostic process -- Pharmacologic principles of drug therapy -- Complementary, alternative, holistic, and integrative medicine -- Fluid and electrolyte physiology and therapy -- Molecular genetics -- Genetics in pediatric primary care -- Evaluating and using laboratory tests -- Ambulatory care: present and future -- Feeding the healthy child -- Immunization -- Injury prevention and control -- Child maltreatment -- Newborn screening -- Congenital malformations -- Growth and metabolic adaptation of the fetus and newborn -- General obstetric care -- Fetal evaluation and prenatal diagnosis -- Management of the normal newborn -- The newborn intensive care unit -- The premature newborn -- Neonatal hyperbilirubinemia. Intrauterine growth restriction -- Follow-up of infants discharged from newborn intensive care -- Ethical issues in neonatology -- Surgical considerations and postoperative care of the newborn -- Neuroembryology -- Intraventricular hemorrhage of the preterm infant -- White matter injury in the premature infant -- Neonatal encephalopathies -- Perinatal cerebral infarction -- Neonatal seizures -- The floppy infant and the late walker -- Neonatal abstinence syndrome -- Developmental considerations -- Physiologic considerations -- Causes of respiratory distress in the newborn -- Respiratory distress syndrome -- Cystic adenomatoid malformation -- Transient tachypnea of the newborn -- Pneumonia -- Pulmonary air leaks -- Meconium aspiration syndrome -- Persistent pulmonary hypertension -- Apnea -- Bronchopulmonary dysplasia -- Cardiovascular embryology -- Epidemiology of congenital heart disease -- Cardiovascular disease in the newborn -- Cardiovascular surgery in the newborn -- Developmental disorders of gastrointestinal function -- Neonatal cholestasis -- Sucking and swallowing disorders and gastroesophageal reflux -- Distended Abdomen -- Necrotizing enterocolitis -- Short bowel syndrome. Renal and genitourinary diseases -- Neonatal endocrinology -- Infant of the diabetic mother -- Mineral metabolism in the newborn -- Urinary tract infections -- Hematopoiesis and hematologic diseases -- Malignancy in the newborn -- Dermatologic disease -- Craniofacial defects -- Eye evaluation of the newborn -- Sepsis neonatorum -- Meningitis -- Osteomyelitis and septic arthritis -- Skin and soft tissue infections -- Group B streptococcal disease -- Enterovirus -- Cytomegalovirus -- Herpes simplex virus -- Neonatal varicella-zoster virus -- Epstein-Barr virus -- Neonatal syphilis -- Rubella -- Neonatal toxoplasmosis -- Hepatitis viruses -- Neisseria gonorrhoeae -- Chlamydia trachomatis -- Genital mycoplasmas -- Nosocomial infection in the newborn -- Introduction to adolescent medicine -- Breast disorders -- Menstrual disorders -- Adolescent pregnancy and contraception -- Adolescent hypertension -- Adolescent substance abuse and other high-risk behaviors -- Sexually transmitted diseases -- Normal infant and childhood development -- Streams of development: the key to developmental assessment -- Mental retardation -- Biopsychosocial and developmental approaches in pediatrics -- Psychosocial interview. Mental disorders and psychological stress -- Disruptive behavior disorders -- Emotional disorders with childhood onset -- Depression in childhood and adolescence -- Suicide -- Somatoform and conversion disorders -- Pervasive developmental disorder and autistic disorder -- Eating disorders -- Sleep disorders -- Psychotic disorders -- Enuresis -- Encopresis -- School difficulties -- Adoption -- Child and adolescent psychiatric referral -- Selected topics in emergency medicine -- Apparent life-threatening events. Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) -- Acute head trauma -- General principles of poisoning management -- Salicylism -- Acetaminophen overdose -- Plant poisoning -- Lead poisoning -- Minor burns -- Respiratory complications of burns and smoke inhalation (respiratory burns) -- Foreign bodies -- Oral problems -- Pediatric ophthalmology -- Pediatric dermatology -- Sports medicine -- Failure to thrive -- Fever without source -- Fever of unknown origin -- Pathogenesis of ever and its treatment -- Sepsis and septic shock -- Bacterial meningitis beyond the newborn period -- Opportunistic infections in the compromised host -- Bioterrorism -- Pediatric human immunodeficiency virus infection -- Antiretroviral therapy in pediatric acquired immunodeficiency syndrome. Prophylaxis for exposure to human immunodeficiency virus -- Mycoplasma and ureaplasma infections -- Chlamydial infections -- Rickettsial diseases -- Control of nosocomial infections -- Diagnostic microbiology for pediatric infections -- Assays for the diagnosis of infectious diseases -- Kawasaki disease -- Cardiovascular aspects of Kawasaki disease -- Aeromonas -- Actinomycosis -- Nocardiosis -- Anaerobic infections -- Bartonellosis -- Relapsing fever -- Lyme disease -- Campylobacter and helicobacter -- Cat-scratch disease -- Diphtheria -- Diarrheagenic Escherichia coli -- Haemophilas influenzae -- Legionella -- Leptospirosis -- Listeriosis -- Meningococcal infections -- Gonococcal infections -- Pasteurella multocida -- Pertussis -- Plague -- Pneumococcal infections -- Pseudomonas and related genera -- Rat-bite fever -- Salmonella infections -- Shigellosis -- Staphylococcal infections -- Group A streptococcal infections -- Tularemia -- Syphilis -- Tuberculosis -- Nontuberculous mycobacteria -- Yersinia enterocolitica -- Yersinia pseudotuberculosis -- Miscellaneous bacterial infections -- Arboviruses and related zoonotic viruses -- Coronaviruses -- Rhinoviruses -- Adenoviruses -- Influenza viruses -- Parainfluenza viruses -- Human metapneumovirus -- Respiratory syncytial virus. Parvoviruses -- Polioviruses -- Nonpolio enterovirsues and parechoviruses -- Epstein-Barr virus infection in children -- Postnatal herpes simplex virus -- Human herpesvirus type 6 -- Human herpesvirus types 7 and 8 -- Varicella-zoster virus infections -- Acquired cytomegaloviral infections -- Rubella (German measles) -- Measles (Rubeola) -- Mumps -- Polyomaviruses -- Retroviruses -- Smallpox -- Viral gastroenteritis -- Candidiasis -- The dermatophytoses -- Aspergillosis -- Coccidioidomycosis -- Cryptococcosis -- Histoplasmosis -- Sporotrichosis -- Miscellaneous fungal infections -- Entamoeba histolytica -- Babesiosis -- Cryptospordiiosis -- Giardia lamblia -- Leishmaniasis -- Malaria -- Toxoplasmosis -- The nematodes -- Toxocara infections -- The cestodes -- Schistosomiasis -- Arthropoda -- Chronic cough in children -- Bronchiolitis -- Viral and atypical pneumonia -- Hypersensitivity pneumonitis -- Pneumocystis Jiroveci pneumonia -- Bacterial pneumonia -- Laryngeal disorders -- Ciliary dyskinesia -- Cystic fibrosis -- Pulmonary hemosiderosis -- Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome -- Central hypoventilation syndromes -- Chronic diffuse interstitial lung disease in childhood. Pulmonary alveolar microlithiasis -- Emphysema -- Diseases of the pleura -- Recurrent or persistent lower respiratory tract symptoms -- The common cold -- Paranasal sinusitis -- Orofacial infections -- Pharyngitis -- Deep neck abscesses -- Otitis externa -- Otitis media -- Mastoiditis -- Uvulitis -- Life-threatening upper airway obstruction -- Croup -- Cervical lymphadenitis -- Herpangina -- Pharyngoconjunctival fever -- Parotitis -- Echocardiography and electrocardiography -- Hypertension -- Transposition of the great arteries -- Truncus arteriosus -- Tricuspid atresia -- Tetralogy of Fallot -- Double-outlet right ventricle -- Eisenmenger syndrome -- Single ventricle -- Hypoplastic left heart syndrome -- Cardiac malposition and heterotaxy -- Defects of the atrial septum, including the atrioventricular canal -- Ventricular septal defect -- Patent ductus arteriosus -- Pulmonary stenosis -- Pulmonary valve atresia with intact ventricular septum -- Coarctation of the aorta -- Anomalous pulmonary venous connections -- Congenital mitral valve disease -- Mitral valve prolapse -- Aortic arch and pulmonary artery abnormalities -- congenital coronary artery abnormalities -- Myocarditis -- Cardiomyopathy -- Infective endocarditis -- Rheumatic fever -- Rheumatic heart disease -- Abnormalities of rate and rhythm -- Therapeutic cardiac catheterization. Nutritional anemias -- Hemoglobinopathies and thalassemias -- Hemolytic anemias -- Hypoplastic and aplastic anemias -- Polycythemia -- Quantitative granulocyte disorders -- The spleen and lymph nodes -- General approaches to coagulopathies -- Disorders of platelets -- Disorders of coagulation factors -- General considerations of neoplastic diseases -- Acute lymphoblastic leukemia -- Acute myeloid leukemia -- Chronic myeloproliferative disorders -- Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for childhood leukemias -- Hodgkin disease -- Non-Hodgkin lymphoma -- Malignant brain tumors -- Wilms tumor -- Neuroblastoma -- Soft-tissue sarcomas -- Retinoblastoma -- Malignant bone tumors -- Malignant tumors of the gastrointestinal tract, liver, and endocrine system -- Gonadal and germ cell neoplasms -- Histiocytic proliferative diseases -- Vascular malformations -- Hemangiomas and other vascular tumors of infancy -- Thymomas -- Splenic cysts -- Morphologic development of the kidney -- Disorders of renal development and anomalies of the collecting system, bladder, penis, and scrotum -- Urinary tract infection -- Chronic renal failure -- End-stage renal disease -- Renal malformations -- Glomerulonephritis and nephrotic syndrome -- Progressive hereditary nephritis. Benign familial hematuria -- Familial juvenile nephronophthisis -- Nephropathy of diabetes mellitus -- Sickle cell nephropathy -- Primary hyperoxaluria (oxalosis) -- Nail-patella syndrome (hereditary onychoosteodysplasia) -- Renal tubular acidosis -- Panproximal tubular dysfunction (Fanconi syndrome) -- Disorders of renal glucose transport -- Disorders of renal phosphate transport -- Nephrogenic diabetes insipidus -- Bartter syndrome -- Renal hypertension -- Renal vascular thrombosis -- Urolithiasis -- Normal gastrointestnal function -- Functional constipation and encopresis -- Chronic nonspecific diarrhea of childhood -- Inguinal hernia -- Gastrointestinal bleeding -- Peptic ulcer disease -- Intussusception -- Motility disorders -- Oral rehydration therapy -- Anorectal malformations -- Ulcerative colitis -- Crohn disease -- Antibiotic-associated diarrhea and colitis -- Chronic recurrent abdominal pain -- Protein-losing enteropathy -- Protein intolerance -- Eosinophilic gastrointestinal diseases -- Short bowel syndrome -- Small bowel bacterial overgrowth -- Celiac disease -- Immunodeficiency states -- Enzyme and transport defects -- Appendicitis -- Ascites -- Pancreatitis -- Disorders of the liver and biliary system -- Liver abscess -- Cholecystitis -- Cirrhosis -- Portal hypertension -- Hepatic steatosis -- Parathyroid glands. Puberty and gonadal disorders -- Growth, growth hormone, and pituitary disorders -- Childhood obesity -- Neuroendocrine disorders -- Type 1 (insulin-dependent) diabetes mellitus -- Type 2 diabetes mellitus -- Thyroid gland -- Adrenal cortex -- Adrenal medulla -- Introduction to inborn errors of metabolism -- Disorders of transport -- Disorders of amino acid and organic acid metabolism -- Disorders of mitochondrial fatty acid oxidation -- Disorders of carbohydrate metabolism -- Disorders of lipoproteins -- Lysosomal storage disorders -- Peroxisomal disorders -- Disorders of purine and pyrimidine metabolism -- Heritable disorders of connective tissue -- Inborn errors associated with faulty bone mineralization -- Evaluation of the child with neurologic disease -- Developmental defects -- Cerebral palsy -- Acute encephalopathies -- Static encephalopathy -- Idiopathic intracranial hypertension -- Cerebrovascular disease in childhood -- Epilepsy -- Status epilepticus -- Febrile seizures -- The comatose child -- Reye syndrome -- Disorders of the anterior horn cell -- Peripheral neuropathies -- Diseases of the neuromuscular junction. Hereditary and acquired types of myopathy -- Slow virus infections and transmissible spongiform encephalopathies of the central nervous system -- Leukodystrophies -- Metabolic encephalopathies -- Rett syndrome -- Basal ganglia and neurotransmitter disorders -- Diseases with astrocyte abnormalities -- Phakomatoses and other neurocutaneous syndromes -- Headache -- Unclassified nervous system disorders: Alpers disease -- General considerations of allergies in childhood -- Asthma -- Urticaria and angioedema -- Food allergies -- Atopic dermatitis -- Allergic rhinitis and associated disorders -- Insect sting allergy -- The immune system -- Clinical presentation of primary immunodeficiency diseases -- Disorders of humoral immunity -- Complement deficiencies -- Functional disorders of granulocytes -- Combined immunodeficiency diseases -- Bone, joint, and muscle problems -- Skeletal dysplasias. Rheumatic diseases of childhood -- Amyloidosis -- Henoch-Schönlein syndrome -- Intensive care: physical environment -- Electrocardiographic and respiratory monitors -- Infusion devices -- Temperature-controlling and temperature-sensing devices -- Vascular catheters -- Measurement of cardiac output -- Echocardiography -- Intracranial pressure measurements -- Intubation -- Extubation -- Tracheostomy -- Abdominal paracentesis -- Acute peritoneal dialysis -- Acute hemodialysis -- Continuous renal replacement therapy -- ontinuous drip feeding -- Shock -- Acute respiratory distress syndrome -- Acute hepatic failure -- Acute renal failure -- Hemolytic-uremic syndrome -- Syndrome of inappropriate secretion of antidiuretic hormone -- Care of children with solid-organ transplants -- Multiple trauma.
- Osmosensing and osmosignaling 2007, ScienceDirectWater compartments in cells / G. D. Fullerton ... [et al.] -- Yeast osmoregulation / S. Hohmann ... [et al.] -- Physiological analysis of bacterial mechanosensitive channels / I. R. Booth ... [et al.] -- Control of cell cycle in response to osmostress: Lessons from yeast / J. Clotet ... [et al.] -- Bacterial osmosensing transporters / J. M. Wood -- Plant gene networks in osmotic stress response: From genes to regulatory networks / L. S. Tran ... [et al.] -- Osmosensing by integrins in rat liver / F. Schliess ... [et al.] -- Hyperosmotic activation of the CD95 system / R. Reinehr ... [et al.] -- New approaches for determining apoptotic volume decrease in cells / C. D. Bortner ... [et al.] -- Transient receptor potential channels in mechanosensing and cell volume regulation / S. F. Pedersen ... [et al.] -- Cell volume regulatory ion channels in cell proliferation and cell death / F. Lang ... [et al.] -- Actin cytoskeleton architecture and signaling in osmosensing / E. A. Papakonstanti ... [et al.] -- Osmotic stress and DNA damage / N. I. Dmitrieva ... [et al.] -- Transcriptional activator tone-binding protein in cellular protection and differentiation / J. A. Kim ... [et al.] -- Desiccation response of mammalian cells: Anhydrosignaling / Z. Huang ... [et al.] -- Tonicity-regulated gene expression / J. D. Ferraris ... [et al.] -- Hyperosmotic induction of mitogen-activated protein kinase scaffolding / T. L. Hilder ... [et al.] -- Osmoregulation of bile formation / R. Kubitz ... [et al.] -- Osmosignaling and volume regulation in intestinal epithelial cells / C. H. Lim ... [et al.] -- Osmotic regulation of cellular glucose uptake / P. Gual ... [et al.] -- Effects of osmolytes on protein folding and aggregation in cells / Z. Ignatova ... [et al.] -- Simulations of macromolecules in protective and denaturing osmolytes: Properties of mixed solvent systems and their effects on water and protein structure and dynamics / D. A. Beck ... [et al.] -- Application of the transfer model to understand how naturally occurring osmolytes affect protein stability / M. Auton ... [et al.] -- Mechanisms of high salinity tolerance in plants / N. Tuteja -- Phenotype of the taurine transporter knockout mouse / U. Warskulat ... [et al.] -- Molecular basis of osmolyte effects on protein and metabolites / J. Rosgen -- Methods of changing biopolymer volume fraction and cytoplasmic solute concentrations for in vivo biophysical studies / M. C. Konopka ... [et al.] -- Characterization of plant aquaporins / R. Kaldenhoff ... [et al.].
- Osteoarthritis 2008, NICEThe summary of the published clinical guideline on Osteoarthritis. It links to the published guidance and key documents.
- Osteoarthritis an atlas of investigation and diagnosis Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Osteoarthritis-- a companion to Rheumatology 2007, ClinicalKeyThis new companion to Hochberg et al.'s Rheumatology masterwork presents current insights into the causes, detection, and therapy of this condition. It provides "one-stop" coverage of scientific and clinical developments, including new concepts in epidemiology and genetics and pathogenic mechanisms new developments in diagnostic interventions and prevention and the very latest concepts in treatment. Features the work of leading experts in osteoarthritis. Presents current diagnostic criteria and knowledge of pathogenic mechanisms. Discusses the very latest advances in treatment, including pharmacologic interventions. Provides new concepts in epidemiology and genetics of osteoarthritis, including modifiable and non-modifiable risk factors.
- The role of bone marrow edema and lymphangiogenesis in inflammatory-erosive arthritis / Edward M. Schwarz ... [et al.] -- Activation of [gamma][delta] T cells by bisphosphonates / Keith Thompson ... [et al.] -- Identification of cell cycle-arrested quiescent osteoclast precursors in vivo / Naoyuki Takahashi ... [et al.] -- Megakaryocyte-bone cell interactions / Melissa A. Kacena and Wendy A. Ciovacco -- Regulation of osteoblast differentiation by Runx2 / Toshihisa Komori -- Communication between ephrinB2 and ephB4 within the osteoblast lineage / T.J. Martin ... [et al.] -- The unexpected link between osteoclasts and the immune system / Hiroshi Takayanagi -- NFATc1 in inflammatory and musculoskeletal conditions / Antonios O. Aliprantis and Laurie H. Glimcher -- Novel functions of RANK(L) signaling in the immune system / Andreas Leibbrandt and Josef M. Penninger -- Eph and ephrin interactions in bone / Koichi Matsuo -- How do bone cells secret proteins? / Haibo Zhao ... [et al.] -- Regulation of osteoclast apoptosis by Bcl-2 family protein Bim and caspase-3 / Sakae Tanaka ... [et al.] -- Regulation of bone formation and immune cell development by Schnurri proteins / Dallas C. Jones and Laurie H. Glimcher.
- Bone and the immune system are both complex tissues, which, respectively, regulate the skeleton and the body's responses to invading pathogens. It has become increasingly clear that critical interactions between these two organ systems frequently occur. This is particularly true for the development of immune cells in the bone marrow and for the function of bone cells in health and disease. However, because these two disciplines developed independently, investigators in each don't always fully appreciate the significance of the other. This book is meant to provide a detailed overview of the many ways that bone and immune cells interact. The goal is to provide basic and clinical scientists with a better understanding of the role that the immune system and bone play in the development and function of each other so that advances in both fields will be facilitated. The focus of the book will be both on basic pathways and translational science, which will apply basic knowledge to clinical diseases. Chapter content will range from basic descriptions of the various cell systems and their development to the signals that cause them to interact during normal physiology and disease. Approximately half the book will focus on the role that osteoimmunology plays in the development of human diseases.
- Osteoimmunopathology-- evidence-based perspectives from molecular biology to systems biology 2011, Springer
- Osteomyelitis of the jaws 2009, Springer
- Osteonecrosis 2014, SpringerPart I. History -- 1. Osteonecrosis: Historical Perspective / Marvin E. Steinberg and David R. Steinberg -- Part II. Anatomy and Blood Flow -- 2. Vascular Anatomy and Blood Supply to the Femoral Head / Marcin Zlotorowicz and Jaroslaw Czubak -- 3. Ischemia and Reperfusion Injury in Bone / Howard Winet -- Part III. Epidemiology -- 4. The Prevalence of Osteonecrosis in Different Parts of the World / A.C. Gosling-Gardeniers, W.H.C. Rijnen, and J.W.M. Gardeniers -- 5. Epidemiology of Osteonecrosis in the USA / Sameer M. Naranje and Edward Y. Cheng -- 6. The Epidemiology of Osteonecrosis in Japan / Takuaki Yamamoto, Ryosuke Yamaguchi, and Yukihide Iwamoto -- 7. Epidemiology of Osteonecrosis of the Femoral Head in South Korea / Joon Soon Kang and Kee Hyung Rhyu --8. Current Trends of Osteonecrosis of the Femoral Head in Taiwan and China / Fang-Tsai Lee, Tso-Chiang Ma, and Mel S. Lee -- Part IV. Etiology -- 9. Genetic Studies in Osteonecrosis of the Femoral Head / Shin-Yoon Kim and Tae-Ho Kim -- 10. Osteonecrosis and Intravascular Coagulation Revisited / Lynne C. Jones and Deborah McK. Ciombor -- 11. Glucocorticoids (as an Etiologic Factor) / Eun Young Lee and Yun Jong Lee -- 12. Corticosteroid Usage and Osteonecrosis of the Hip / Jeffrey J. Cherian, Bhaveen H. Kapadia, Samik Banerjee, Julio J. Jauregui, and Michael A. Mont -- 13. Alcohol / Wakaba Fukushima and Yoshio Hirota -- 14. Traumatic Avascular Necrosis of the Femoral Head / Simon Damian Steppacher, Pascal Cyrill Haefeli, Helen Anwander, Klaus Arno Siebenrock, and Moritz Tannast -- 15. Posttraumatic Osteonecrosis of the Femoral Head / Taek Rim Yoon and Ha Sung Kim -- 16. Osteonecrosis in Sickle-Cell Disease / Philippe Hernigou and Gildasio Daltro -- 17. Autoimmune Disease (SLE, Antiphospholipid Syndrome), Posttransplantation (Kidney, Liver, Heart, Bone Marrow), and Other Risk Factors (Chemotherapy, Caisson Disease, Radiation, Pancreatitis, Gaucher's Disease) / Jeong Joon Yoo -- Part V. Pathology -- 18. Pathophysiology of Ischemic Diseases of the Hip: Osteonecrosis, Borderline Necrosis, and Bone Marrow Edema Syndrome / Kyung-Hoi Koo, Young-Kyun Lee, and Yun Jong Lee -- 19. The Pathology of Osteonecrosis of the Femoral Head / Takuaki Yamamoto -- Part VI. Clinical Manifestation -- 20. Natural History of Osteonecrosis / Samik Banerjee, Bhaveen H. Kapadia, Julio J. Jauregui, Jeffrey J. Cherian, and Michael A. Mont -- 21. Causes of Pain in Early and Advanced Stage Osteonecrosis / Vivek S. Jagadale and Edward Y. Cheng -- 22. Accumulation of Necrotic Fatty Marrow in Osteonecrotic Hips Mimicking Septic Arthritis / Tae-Young Kim, Kyung-Hoi Koo, and Javad Parvizi -- Part VII. Imaging Diagnosis -- 23. Radiography, MRI, CT, Bone Scan, and PET-CT / Kyung Nam Ryu, Wook Jin, and Ji Seon Park -- Part VIII. Staging and Classification -- 24. Ficat Staging System / Kyung-Hoi Koo -- 25. The University of Pennsylvania Classification of Osteonecrosis / David R. Steinberg and Marvin E. Steinberg -- 26. Natural Course and the JIC Classification of Osteonecrosis of the Femoral Head / Nobuhiko Sugano and Kenji Ohzono -- 27. Modified Kerboul Classification System of Necrotic Extent Using MRI / Yong-Chan Ha, Young-Kyun Lee, and Kyung-Hoi Koo -- 28. The ARCO Staging System: Generation and Evolution Since 1991 / J.W.M. Gardeniers, A.C. Gosling-Gardeniers, and W.H.C. Rijnen -- Part IX. Differential Diagnosis -- 29. Subchondral Stress Fracture of the Femoral Head / Hee Joong Kim, Jeong Joon Yoo, and Pil Whan Yoon -- 30. Bone Marrow Edema Syndrome of the Hip / Young-Kyun Lee and Kyung-Hoi Koo -- 31. Distinguishing Bone Marrow Edema Syndrome from Osteonecrosis / Marc W. Hungerford and Kyung-Hoi Koo -- Part X. Non-surgical Treatments -- 32. Treatment of Osteonecrosis of the Hip and Knee with Enoxaparin / Charles J. Glueck, Richard A. Freiberg, and Ping Wang -- 33. The Role of Coagulopathy in the Pathogenesis and Prevention of Corticosteroid-Induced Osteonecrosis / Takuaki Yamamoto, Goro Motomura, Ryosuke Yamaguchi, and Yukihide Iwamoto -- 34. Lipid-Lowering Agents and Their Effects on Osteonecrosis: Pros and Cons / Abdurrahman Kandil and Quanjun Cui -- 35. Is There a Role for BMPs in the Treatment of Osteonecrosis? / Philipp Leucht and Stuart B. Goodman -- 36. Alendronate in the Prevention of Collapse of the Femoral Head in Nontraumatic Osteonecrosis / Chung-Hwan Chen and Gwo-Jaw Wang -- 37. New Therapies of Bone Necrosis / Wolf Drescher, Matthias Knobe, Wolfgang Wagner, and Thomas Pufe -- Part XI. Surgical Treatments -- 38. Principles of Core Decompression for Osteonecrosis of the Hip / Bhaveen H. Kapadia, Samik Banerjee, Jeffrey J. Cherian, Julio J. Jauregui and Michael A. Mont -- 39. Stem Cells in Osteonecrosis: Cons / Anjan P. Kaushik, Anusuya Das, and Quanjun Cui -- 40. Cement Techniques in Hip Osteonecrosis with Collapse: From Traditional Methyl Methacrylate to Bone Substitutes and Stem Cells / Philippe Hernigou and Gildasio Daltro -- 41. Impaction Bone Grafting / Seung-Hoon Baek and Shin-Yoon Kim -- 42. Principles of Bone Grafting for Osteonecrosis of the Hip / Julio J. Jauregui, Samik Banerjee, Bhaveen H. Kapadia, Jeffrey J. Cherian, Kimona Issa, and Michael A. Mont -- 43. Vascularized Pedicle Iliac Bone Grafting for Osteonecrosis of the Femoral Head / Mel S. Lee -- 44. The Vascularized Fibular Graft in the Treatment of Osteonecrosis: Data, Dogma, and Controversies / Will Eward -- 45. Transtrochanteric Rotational Osteotomy for Femoral Head Osteonecrosis / Yong-Chan Ha, Jae-Hwi Nho, and Kyung-Hoi Koo -- 46. Posterior Rotational Osteotomy for Severe Femoral Head Osteonecrosis / Takashi Atsumi -- 47. Transtrochanteric Curved Varus Osteotomy for the Treatment of Osteonecrosis of the Femoral Head / Takuaki Yamamoto, Satoshi Ikemura, and Yukihide Iwamoto -- 48. Total Hip Arthroplasty Using Ceramic-on- Ceramic Articulation / Young-Kyun Lee, Ki-Choul Kim, Bun Jung Kang, and Kyung-Hoi Koo -- 49. Highly Crosslinked -Polyethylene Liners in Patients with Osteonecrosis of the Femoral Head in the United States and Europe / Patrick O'Toole and Javad Parvizi -- 50. Alumina Ceramic-on-Highly Cross- Linked Polyethylene Bearing in Cementless Total Hip Arthroplasty in Young Patients with Osteonecrosis of Femoral Head / Young-Hoo Kim -- 51. Hip Arthroplasty for Osteonecrosis of the Femoral Head / Harlan C. Amstutz, Michel J. Le Duff, and Mariam Al-Hamad -- 52. Resurfacing Arthroplasty for Osteonecrosis of the Femoral Head / Bernard N. Stulberg and Jayson D. Zadzilka -- Part XII. Osteonecrosis in Bones Other than the Hip -- 53. Multifocal Osteonecrosis / Samik Banerjee, Bhaveen H. Kapadia, Jeffrey J. Cherian, Julio J. Jauregui, and Michael A. Mont -- 54. Osteonecrosis of the Humeral Head / Nobuhiko Sugano -- 55. Knee Osteonecrosis / Karthik E. Ponnusamy, Savyasachi Thakkar, and Harpal S. Khanuja -- 56. Osteonecrosis of the Talus / Kyoung Min Lee, Sung Hun Won, and Moon Seok Park -- 57. Kienböck's Disease of the Lunate / Dawn M. LaPorte and Thomas J. Kim -- Part XIII. Legg-Calvé-Perthes Disease -- 58. The Epidemiology and Etiology of Perthes' Disease / Daniel C. Perry -- 59. Legg-Calvé-Perthes Disease: Pathology, Pathophysiology, and Pathogenesis of Deformity / Harry K.W. Kim -- 60. Legg-Calvé-Perthes Disease: Diagnosis, Imaging, and Classifications / Benjamin Shore and Harry K.W. Kim -- 61. Legg-Calvé-Perthes Disease: Treatments / Benjamin D. Martin and Harry K.W. Kim -- 62. Developing Medical Therapy for Legg-Calvé-Perthes' Disease / Harry K.W. Kim and David G. Little -- 63. Corticosteroid-Associated Osteonecrosis in Children / Scott Rosenfeld and Harry K.W. Kim -- Part XIV. Animal Models -- 64. Animal Models of Corticosteroid- Associated Bone Diseases / Lynne C. Jones, Michelle A. Tucci, Azeb Haile, and Dongqing Wang -- 65. Animal Models of Bone Necrosis: An Overview / Wagner Drescher, Matthias Knobe, Wolfgang Wagner, and Thomas Pufe.
- Osteoporosis 2008, Springer Protocols
- Osteoporosis NLM
- Osteoporosis a guide for clinicians 2007, OvidDiagnosis -- Pathogenesis -- Assessment of fracture risk -- Bone densitometry: using dual-energy x-ray absorptiometry for monitoring -- Biochemical evaluation -- Secondary causes of osteoporosis -- Acquired vitamin D deficiency -- Treatment options -- Tailoring therapy to individual patients -- Determining success of therapy and what to do when therapy fails -- Future therapeutic options -- Case studies.
- Osteoporosis and bone densitometry measurements 2013, SpringerOsteoporosis is a serious problem worldwide, and its significance is continuing to increase as the world population grows and ages. Osteoporosis and Bone Densitometry Measurements provides a comprehensive review of the latest research on this potentially devastating condition. The book encompasses prevention, diagnosis, and therapy, providing state of the art information on each aspect. A wide range of topics are discussed, including differentiation between acute and chronic, benign and malignant vertebral fractures; the value of the WHO FRAX tool in patient evaluation; the roles of dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry, quantitative computed tomography, quantitative ultrasound, and high-resolution imaging; and the use of kyphoplasty and vertebroplasty to treat vertebral compression fractures. All chapters are written by acknowledged experts in the field.
- Osteoporosis diagnosis, prevention, therapy. 2nd rev. ed. 2009, Springer
- Osteoporosis fragility fracture 2012, NICEThe summary of the published clinical guideline on Osteoporosis fragility fracture. It links to the published guidance and key documents.
- Osteoporosis in men the effects of gender on skeletal health. 2nd ed. 2010, ScienceDirectSection 1. Essentials of bone biology -- The biochemistry of bone : composition and organization / Adele L. Boskey -- Bone remodeling : cellular activities in bone / David W. Dempster, Hua Zhou, Shi Shou Lu -- Assessment of bone turnover in men using biochemical markers / Patrick Garnero, Pawel Szulc -- Fundamentals of mineral homeostasis / David A. Hanley, K. Shawn Davison -- The mechanical properties of bone / David P. Fyhrie -- Essentials of bone biology : assessment of bone architecture / Thomas F. Lang -- Section 2. Development and growth of the male skeleton -- Skeletal growth in males / Qingju Wang, Ego Seeman -- Pubertal growth of the male skeleton / Vincent Gilsanz, Stefano Mora -- The effects of sex steroids on bone growth / Giampiero I. Baroncelli, Silvano Bertelloni -- Nutritional basis of skeletal growth / Connie M. Weaver, Elizabeth Haney -- Physical activity and skeletal growth / Heather M. Macdonald, Heather A. McKay, Melonie Burrows -- Section 3. Skeletal genetics -- The genetics of peak bone mass / Luigi Gennari, Robert F. Klein, Serge Ferrari -- Section 4. Aging and the male skeleton -- Age-related changes in bone remodeling and microarchitecture / Roger Zebaze, Ego Seeman -- Markers of bone remodeling and the aging skeleton / Serge Cremers, Christian Meier, Markus J. Seibel -- Alterations in mineral metabolism in the aging male / Shonni J. Silverberg, Bismruta Misra -- Changes in bone size and geometry with aging / Pawel Szulc -- Aging and bone loss / Steven Boonen ... [et al.] -- The effect of age on material properties / Charles H. Turner, Matthew R. Allen, David B. -- Section 5. Nutritional issues -- Calcium, bone strength and fractures / Laura A.G. Armas, Robert P. Heaney, Joan M. Lappe -- Vitamin D and bone / Roger Bouillon ... [et al.] -- Role of dietary protein in bone growth and bone loss / Rene Rizzoli -- Section 6. Sex steroids and the skeleton in men -- Section 7. Fractures in men -- Section 8. Metabolic bone disease in men -- Section 9. Diagnostic approach -- Section 10. Therapy.
- Osteoporosis research animal models 2011, SpringerHow to Select Your Animal Model for Osteoporosis Research / A. Simon Turner -- Skeletal Phenotyping in Rodents: Tissue Isolation and Manipulation / Janet E. Henderson, Chan Gao and Edward J. Harvey -- Methods in Bone Biology in Animals: Biomechanics / José B. Volpon and Antonio C. Shimano -- Methods in Bone Histomorphometry for Animal Models / Natalie Dion, Audray Fortin and Louis-Georges Ste-Marie -- Methods in Bone Biology in Animals: Imaging / Blaine A. Christiansen and Mary L. Bouxsein -- Methods in Bone Biology in Animals: Biochemical Markers / Markus Herrmann -- Methods in Bone Biology: Cancer and Bone / Yu Zheng, Markus J. Seibel and Hong Zhou -- How to Test Osteoporosis Treatments in Experimental Animals / Robert J. van ʻt Hof -- The Ovariectomized Mice and Rats / Jameela Banu -- Classical Models of Senile Osteoporosis / Ken Watanabe -- Animal Models of Premature Aging / Wei Li and Gustavo Duque -- Nonhuman Primate Models of Osteoporosis / Susan Y. Smith, Aurore Varela and Jacquelin Jolette -- Other Large Animal Models / Susan Reinwald and David B. Burr -- Mouse models for the Study of Fracture Healing and Bone Regeneration / Joerg H. Holstein, Patric Garcia, Tina Histing, Moritz Klein and Steven C. Becker, et al.
- Osteoporosis. 4th edition. v.1-2, 2013, ScienceDirectVolume 1. I. Introduction: The bone organ system : form and function / Elise F. Morgan, George L. Barnes, Thomas A. Einhorn ; The nature of osteoporosis / Robert Marcus, David W. Dempster, Mary L. Bouxsein ; Reflections on osteoporosis / B.E. Christopher Nordin ; Reflections on development of concepts of intercellular communication in bone / T. John Martin ; Osteo-odyssey : a memoir / Paula H. Stern -- II. Cellular, molecular, and develomental biology of bone: Development of the skeleton / Sylvain Provot [and 3 others] ; The skeletal stem cell / Dongsu Park [and 3 others] ; Osteoclast biology / Timothy R. Arnett ; Osteoblast biology / Johannes P.T.M. van Leeuwen [and 4 others] ; Osteocyte biology / Lynda F. Bonewald ; The regulatory role of matrix protein in mineralization of bone / Adele L. Boskey, Pamela Gehron Robey -- III. Skeletal hormones and regulatory factors: Parathyroid hormone and parathyroid hormone-related protein / Robert A. Nissenson ; Vitamin D : biology, actions, and clinical implications / David Feldman, Aruna V. Krishnan, Srilatha Swami ; Regulation of bone cell function by estrogens / Suzanne E. Wardell, Donald P. McDonnell, Erik R. Nelson ; Androgens and skeletal biology : basic mechanisms / Kristine M. Wiren ; Phosphatonins / Peter J. Tebben, Theresa J. Berndt, Rajiv Kumar ; Skeletal growth factors / Ernesto Canalis ; Wnt signaling in skeletal homeostasis and diseases / Francesca Gori, Roland Baron -- IV. Skeletal structure and biomechanics: The mechanical behavior of bone / Lamya Karim [and 3 others] ; Cellular and molecular mechanotransduction in bone / Julia C. Chen, Alesha B. Castillo, Christopher R. Jacobs ; Adaptation of skeletal structure to mechanical loading / Marjolein C.H. van der Meulen, Christopher J. Hernandez ; Biomechanics of hip and vertebral fractures / Denise E. Anderson, Alexander G. Bruno, Mary L. Bouxsein ; Prevention of osteoporosis by physical signals : defining a potential role for nondrug strategies in the treatment of musculoskeletal injury and disease / Clinton T. Rubin [and and 3 others] -- V. Epidemiology of osteoporosis: Epidemiologic methods in studies of osteoporosis / Kristine E. Ensrud, Brent C. Taylor ; Genetic determinants of osteoporosis / André G. Uitterlinden, M. Carola Zillikens, Fernando Rivadeneira ; Race, ethnicity, and osteoporosis / Jane A. Cauley, Dorothy A. Nelson ; Geographic variability in hip and vertebral fractures / Ghada Ballane [and 3 others] ; Nutrition and risk for osteoporosis / Robert P. Heaney ; Physical activity and exercise in the maintenance of the adult skeleton and the prevention of osteoporotic fractures / Dennis R. Taaffe [and 4 others] ; Premenopausal reproductive and hormonal characteristics and the risk for osteoporosis / John F. Randolph Jr., Maryfran R. Sowers ; Clinical and epidemiological studies : skeletal changes across menopause / Jane A. Cauley, Michelle E. Danielson, Gail A. Greendale ; Osteoporosis in men: epidemiology, pathophysiology, and clinical characterization / Eric S. Orwoll, Dirk Vanderschueren, Steven Boonen ; Falls as risk factors for fracture / Sarah D. Berry, Douglas P. Kiel ; Nonskeletal risk factors for osteoporosis and fractures / Jeri W. Nieves ; Outcomes following osteoporotic fractures / Jacqueline R. Center -- VI. General pathophysiology of osteoporosis: Skeletal heterogeneity and the purposes of bone remodeling : implications for the understanding of osteoporosis /A. Michael Parfitt ; On the evolution and contemporary roles of bone remodeling / Paul Kostenuik ; Cytokines and the pathogenesis of osteoporosis / Joseph Lorenzo ; Animal models for osteoporosis / Urszula T. Iwaniec, Russell T. Turner ; Bone and fat / Francisco J.A. de Paula [and 3 others] ; Bone mineral acquisition in utero and during infancy and childhood / Linda A. DiMeglio, Mary B. Leonard ; Bone acquisition in adolescence / Heather M. MacDonald, Christa L. Hoy, Heather A. McKay -- Volume 2. Osteoporosis in childhood and adolescence / Leanne Ward, M. Zulf Mughal, Laura K. Bachrach ; Osteoporosis associated with pregnancy / Rachel B. Wagman, Robert Marcus ; Osteoporosis in premenopausal women / Adi Cohen ; Estrogen deficiency, postmenopausal osteoporosis, and age-related bone loss / Sundeep Khosla, Roberto Pacifici --VII. Spectrum of secondary osteoporosis: Immobilization osteoporosis / William A. Bauman, Christopher P. Cardozo ; Osteoporosis associated with illnesses and medications / Elizabeth Shane, Robert Marcus ; Glucocorticoid-induced osteoporosis / Robert A. Adler, Robert S. Weinstein, Kenneth G. Saag ; Anticonvulsant-related bone disease / Alison M. Pack ; Thyroid hormone and the skeleton / Daniel Baran ; The skeletal actions of parathyroid hormone in primary hyperparathyroidism and in osteoporosis / John P. Bilezikian, Lorraine A. Fitzpatrick, Shonni J. Silverberg ; Osteogenesis imperfecta and other defects of bone development as occasional causes of adult osteoporosis / Jay R. Shapiro ; HIV and osteoporosis / Todd T. Brown, Michael T. Yin ; Obesity, diabetes, and fractures / Melissa Premaor, Juliet Compston ; Osteoporosis in organ transplant patients / Emily Stein, Elizabeth Shane ; Osteoporosis associated with rheumatologic disorders / Steven R. Goldring ; Osteoporosis associated with chronic kidney disease / Susan M. Ott, Grahame Elder ; Oral bone loss and systemic osteoporosis : weighing the risk benefit ratio of treatment / Marjorie K. Jeffcoat -- VIII. Cancer and osteoporosis: Cancer treatment-induced bone loss in patients with breast cancer : pathophysiology and clinical perspectives / Allan Lipton, Roger Dansey, Robert Coleman ; Pathophysiology-prostate cancer / Philip J. Saylor, matthew R. Smith ; Mechanisms of bone destruction in myeloma / Rebecca Silbermann, G. David Roodman --IX. Diagnosis and evaluation: Evaluation of the patient at risk for osteoporosis / E. Michael Lewiecki ; Imaging of osteoporosis / James F. Griffith, Harry K. Genant ; Osteoporosis : who should be treated? Who should be screened? / Cynthia A. Stuenkel, Bruce Ettinger ; Clinical use of bone densitometry / Sydney Lou Bonnick, Paul Miller ; Biochemical markers of bone turnover in osteoporosis / Pawel Szulc, Douglas C. Bauer ; Fracture risk assessment : the development and application of FRAX® / John A. Kanis [and 3 others] -- X. Patient management: Orthopedic aspects of osteoporosis / Susan V. Bukata ; Falls prevention interventions / Kim Delbaere, Catherine Sherrington, Stephen R. Lord ; Physical therapy, physical modalities, and exercise regimens in the management of osteoporosis / Susan B. Broy, Karen L. Kemmis ; Calcium in the treatment of osteoporosis / Robert P. Heaney ; Vitamin D and its metabolites and analogs in the management of osteoporosis / Roger Bouillon, Ian R. Reid ; Alternative therapy through nutrients and nutraceuticals / Jeri W. Nieves -- XI. Pharmacotherapeutics: Design considerations for clinical investigations of osteoporosis / Robert P. Heaney ; Lessons from bone histomorphometry on the mechanisms of action of osteoporosis drugs / Hua Zhou, David W. Dempster ; -- Estrogen and estrogen analogs for prevention and treatment of osteoporosis / Margery L.S. Gass, Sobia Khan ; Androgens / Mona Al Mukaddam, Peter J. Snyder ; Calcitonin in osteoporosis / Roberto Civitelli ; Bisphosphonates : pharmacology and use in the treatment of osteoporosis / Dima L. Diab, Nelson B. Watts, Paul D. Miller ; Osteonecrosis of the jaw and atypical femoral fractures / Elizabeth Shane, Sundeep Khosla, David Burr ; Condition critical : compliance and persistence with osteoporosis medications / Deborah T. Gold ; Denosumab for the treatment of osteoporosis / Michael R. McClung ; Strontium ranelate in the prevention of osteoporotic fractures / René Rizzoli ; Parathyroid hormone treatment for osteoporosis / Felicia Cosman, Robert Lindsay ; New approaches to osteoporosis therapeutics /Aline Costa [and 3 others] ; The past, present, and uncertain future of therapeutic innovation in osteoporosis /Hunter Heath III.
- Osteoporotic syndrome detection, prevention, and treatment. 4th ed. 2000, ScienceDirectCh. 1. The necessity of a managed care approach for osteoporosis -- Ch. 2. Effects of aging on bone structure and metabolism -- Ch. 3. The genetics of osteoporosis -- Ch. 4. Bone mass measurement techniques in clinical practice -- Ch. 5. Biochemical markers of bone turnover -- Ch. 6. Calcium, vitamin D, and bone metabolism -- Ch. 7. Estrogens and selective estrogen receptor modulators for prevention and treatment of osteoporosis -- Ch. 8. Bisphosphonate treatment for osteoporosis -- Ch. 9. Calcitonin treatment in postmenopausal osteoporosis -- Ch. 10. Therapy with vitamin D metabolites, sodium fluoride, thiazides, and isoflavones -- Ch. 11. Orthopedics and the osteoporotic syndrome -- Ch. 12. Glucocorticoid-related osteoporosis -- Ch. 13. Osteoporosis and the bone biopsy.
- Otitis media in infants and children. 4th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialDefinitions, terminology, and classification. -- Anatomy. -- Physiology, pathophysiology, and pathogenesis. -- Epidemiology. -- Microbiology. -- Immunology. -- Diagnosis. -- Management. -- Complications and sequelae: intratemporal. -- Complications and sequelae: intracranial.
- Otolaryngology-- head & neck surgery. 4th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Otolith function and disorders 2001, Karger
- Otologic surgery. 3rd ed. 2010, ClinicalKeyOtologic Surgery--the third edition of this invaluable surgical reference--has been thoroughly updated to reflect the latest advances in the field and covers all aspects of surgery of the ear and skull base. Derald E. Brackmann, MD, Clough Shelton, MD, and Moises A. Arriaga, MD bring you seven new chapters on the hot topics of Cartilage Tympanoplasty, Reversible Canal Wall Down Mastiodectomy, Superior Semicircular Canal Dehiscence Syndrome, Endoscopic Skull Base Surgery, Far Lateral Transcondylar Approach, Stereotactic Radiation Therapy, and Vascular Considerations in Neurotology. These extensive updates, along with the inclusion of new contributors and the elimination of redundant chapters, ensure that this book provides you with the essential information you need to choose and perform state-of-the-art surgical techniques. The companion web site at expertconsult.com features the fully searchable text, as well as a video library and question and answer section. Discusses controversies and alternate approaches so you can make a well-informed decision from the full range of choices. Presents the expertise and insights from more than 50 leading specialists to provide you with authoritative advice on surgical problems. Provides detailed visual guidance on how to perform procedures through step-by-step illustrations.
- Otosclerosis and stapes surgery 2007, Karger
- Our genes, our choices how genotype and gene interactions affect behavior. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirectNeurogenetic origins of behavior -- Jinn in the genome -- 2B or not 2B? -- Stephen Mobley and his X-chromosome -- Dial multifactorial for murder : the intersection of genes and culture -- Distorted capacity I : the measure of the impaired will -- Distorted capacity II: neuropsychiatric diseases and the impaired will -- Inheritance of behavior and genes for behavior : gene wars -- Scientific and historic bases of genethics: who watches the geneticists and by what principles? -- World is double helical -- DNA, RNA, and proteins in a few easy pieces -- Stochastic brain : from DNA blueprint to behavior -- Reintroducing genes and behavior -- Warriors and worriers -- How many genes does it take to make a behavior? -- Genesis and genetics of sexual behavior -- Gene by environment interaction -- Epigenetic revolution : finding the imprint of the environment on the genome -- DNA on trial -- Parents and children : neurogenetic determinism and neurogenetic individuality -- Summing up genetic predictors of behavior.
- Out of joint a private & public story of arthritis Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Out of practice fighting for primary care medicine in America Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialThe author uses his own experiences as a primary care physician to describe the state of his profession and argues that the health care system will collapse without a strong physician-patient relationship and that the role of the primary care physician must change to survive.
- Outcome prediction in cancer. 1st ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialThe predictive value of detailed histological staging of surgical resection specimens in oral cancer -- Survival after treatment of intraocular melanoma -- Recent developments in relative survival analysis -- Environmental and genetic risk factors of lung cancer -- Chaos, cancer, the cellular operating system and the prediction of survival in head and neck cancer -- Flexible hazard modelling for outcome prediction in cancer: perspectives for the use of bioinformatics knowledge -- Information geometry for survival analysis and feature selection by neural networks -- Artificial neural networks used in the survival analysis of breast cancer patients: a node-negative study -- The use of artificial neural networks for the diagnosis and estimation of prognosis in cancer patients -- Machine learning contribution to solve prognostic medical problems -- Classification of brain tumors by pattern recognition of magnetic resonance imaging and spectroscopic data -- Towards automatic risk analysis for hereditary non-polyposis colorectal cancer based on pedigree data -- The impact of microarray technology in brain cancer -- The web and the new generation of medical information systems -- Geoconda: a web environment for multi-centre research -- The development and execution of medical prediction models.
- Outcomes assessment in cancer measures, methods, and applications Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
View by page
- Ob/gyn secrets. Updated 3rd ed. — On call procedures. 2nd ed. (100)
- On call surgery. 3rd ed. — Oracle SQL*Plus pocket reference. 2nd ed. (100)
- Oracle SQL*Plus the definitive guide. 2nd ed. — Outcomes assessment in cancer measures, methods, and applications (100)
- Outer membrane vesicles of bacteria — Ozone a new medical drug. 2nd ed. (60)
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Access restricted to Stanford community
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
Can't find it?
Look if we have it in print
- Springer Protocols
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Large number of high quality software and database programming titles from O'Reilly. Other software titles are also available from Sams and Prentice Hall. Limited to 7 concurrent users.Vast collection of software and database programming titles from multiple publishers, including Microsoft Press.Largest provider of engineering-related eBooks; includes titles in computer science and biomedical engineering.Over 4,000 full-text e-books covering scientific and technical information from CRC Press and others. Many handbooks and single volume reference sources.A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more. Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.Includes peer-reviewed life science and biomedical research protocols compiled from Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods in Molecular Medicine, Methods in Biotechnology, Methods in Pharmacology and Toxicology, Neuromethods, the Biomethods Handbook, the Proteomics Handbook, and Springer Laboratory Manuals.Contains full text access to selected biomedical and nursing books.Provides one-click access to important clinical resources; includes evidence-based diagnosis and treatment guidelines, Books, EBM articles, Ovid MEDLINE, Drug facts and comparisons, Drug interaction facts, guidelines from National Guideline Clearinghouse, patient handouts (English and Spanish), and local content.ClinicalKey provides access to textbooks, electronic journals, practice guidelines, drug information, and patient education handouts.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.Provides online, full-text access to Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers. Subjects include: life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics and astronomy, engineering and economics. Also includes eBooks.Collection of over 8 thousand fulltext titles in engineering, math, and basic and applied biomedical research. Coverage is from 1967 to the present.A library of ebooks on a wide array of topics, digitized and made available online in conjunction with the original publishers.