View by page
- Ob/gyn secrets. Updated 3rd ed. — On call procedures. 2nd ed. (100)
- On call surgery. 3rd ed. — Oracle SQL*Plus pocket reference. 2nd ed. (100)
- Oracle SQL*Plus the definitive guide. 2nd ed. — Outcomes assessment in cancer measures, methods, and applications (100)
- Outer membrane vesicles of bacteria — Ozone a new medical drug. 2nd ed. (60)
- On call surgery. 3rd ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- On suffering pathways to healing & health 2011, ebraryThe first book to address issues of suffering as separate from pain that require psychologically and culturally sensitive interventions
- On the shoulders of medicine's giants what today's clinicians can learn from yesterday's wisdom 2015, SpringerThe Profession and Professionalism -- Being a Physician -- The Art and Science of Doctoring -- Health, Disease, Illness, and Death -- Disease Detection and Diagnosis -- Therapy and Healing -- Learning and Teaching Medicine -- Medical Experience, Knowledge, and Wisdom -- Errors, Uncertainty, and Ethical Issues -- Current Issues and Future Practice.
- On the take how medicine's complicity with big business can endanger your health Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialFree gifts, free meals, free education, special deals -- Money-warped behavior -- Conflicts of interest : financial and otherwise -- Influenced by gifts? Not I! -- Your doctor's tainted information -- Our obliging professional organizations -- Can you trust your doctor? -- Can we trust our researchers? -- How did it happen? -- What can be done?
- On-line hemodiafiltration the journey and the vision 2011, KargerHistorical milestones of a long pathway / Roy, T. -- Polysulfone : the development of a membrane for convective therapies / Heilmann, K., Keller, T. -- The machine and the therapy concept / Greenwood, R.N. -- Backfiltration : past, present and future / Rangel, A.V. ... [et al.] -- Producing on-line ultrapure dialysis fluid / von Albertini, B. -- Membrane requirements for high-flux and convective therapies / Bowry, S.K. -- Regulatory challenges of on-line hemodiafiltration / Pirovano, D. -- Facing regulatory challenges of on-line hemodiafiltration / Kümmerle, W. -- The membrane permeability outcome study / Locatelli, F. ... [et al.] -- The early years of on-line HDF : How did it all start? How did we get here? / Canaud, B. -- Evolution of the concept of biocompatibility and the cardioprotective effect of on-line hemodiafiltration / Ramírez, R., Martín-Malo, A., Aljama, P. -- On-line hemodiafiltration in the large RISCAVID study / Panichi, V., Tetta, C. -- Overcoming the limitations of post-dilution on-line hemodiafiltration : mixed dilution hemodiafiltration / Pedrini, L.A., Wiesen, G. -- Fifteen years of experience with on-line hemodiafiltration / Maduell, F. -- Adopting on-line hemodiafiltration as standard therapy in EMEA nephrocare centers / Stopper, A. ... [et al.] -- Utilization of hemodiafiltration as treatment modality in renal replacement therapy for end-stage renal disease patients : a global perspective / Sichart, J.-M., Moeller, S. -- Seeking an optimal renal replacement therapy for the chronic kidney disease epidemic : the case for on-line hemodiafiltration / Gatti, E., Ronco, C.
- On-line medical dictionary Fulltext
- Oncofertility communication sharing information and building relationships across disciplines 2014, SpringerOncofertility integrates the two previously distinct fields of cancer treatment and fertility research and aims to explore and expand the reproductive future of cancer survivors. In order to achieve the goal of fertility preservation, the Oncofertility community must focus on communication and the way data is provided and received. Concomitant with the rapidly changing technology of Oncofertility, there have been radical shifts and advances in the way health educators and clinicians can produce and share information. As success rates of reproductive techniques such as egg freezing and banking continue to rise, providing increasing opportunities for young cancer patients to preserve their fertility prior to the onset of cancer treatments, communication among professionals in oncology, reproductive medicine, and psychosocial work, among others, becomes crucial, and clinical demand for Oncofertility information is expected to rise considerably. Oncofertility Communication describes and addresses the myriad channels through which the multiple audiences involved in Oncofertility can be served with appropriate and accurate information about cancer-related fertility issues. The text answers frequently asked questions and provides invaluable insights to scientific and health care professionals about communication among the diverse Oncofertility audiences. It incorporates timely discussions about traditional and emerging electronic communication tools and discusses the impact of health care policy changes on the Oncofertility field.
- Part I. The Science and Technology of Oncofertility -- Reproductive health after cancer -- Designing follicle-environment interactions with biomaterials -- Gamete preservation -- To transplant or not to transplant: that is the question -- Clinical cases in oncofertility -- Cancer genetics: risks and mechanisms of cancer in women with inherited susceptibility to epithelial ovarian cancer -- Protecting and extending fertility for females of wild and endangered mammals -- -- Part II. Historical and Legal Perspectives -- Placing the history of oncofertility -- Medical hope, legal pitfalls: potential legal issues in the emerging field of oncofertility -- Domestic and international surrogacy laws: implications for cancer survivors -- -- Part III. Clinical and Theoretical Ethics -- Adoption after cancer: adoption agency attitudes and perspectives on the potential to parent post-cancer -- Ovarian tissue cryopreservation and bioethical discourse -- Lessons of oncofertility for assisted reproduction -- Morally justifying oncofertility research -- Ethical dilemmas in oncofertility: an exploration of three clinical scenarios -- Participation in investigational fertility preservation research: a feminist research ethics approach -- Reproductive "choice" and egg freezing -- Impact of infertility: why ART should be a higher priority for women in the global south -- Oncofertility and informed consent: addressing beliefs, values, and future decision making -- -- Part IV. Religious Perspectives -- Bioethics and oncofertility: arguments and insights from religious traditions -- Sacred bodies: considering resistance to oncofertility in Muslim communities -- Unlikely motherhood in the Qur'an: oncofertility as devotion -- Technology and wholeness: oncofertility and Catholic tradition -- Jewish perspectives on oncofertility: the complexities of tradition -- -- Part V. Ramifications for Education and Economics -- Oncofertility Saturday academy: a paradigm to expand the educational opportunities and ambitions of high school girls -- Myoncofertility.org: a web-based patient education resource supporting decision making under severe emotional and cognitive overload -- Anticipating ovarian tissue cryopreservation in the health-care marketplace: a willingness to pay assessment -- Perspectives on oncofertility from demography and economics -- For the sake of consistency and fairness: why insurance companies should cover fertility preservation treatment for iatrogenic infertility -- -- Part VI. Repercussions of Oncofertility for Patients and Their Families -- Health provider perspectives on fertility preservation for cancer patients -- Counseling and consenting women with cancer on their oncofertility options: a clinical perspective -- Fertility-related treatment choices of cancer patients: cancer-related infertility and family dynamics -- Whose future is it?: ethical family decision making about daughters' treatment in the oncofertility context -- -- Part VII. Healthcare Provider Stories and Final Thoughts -- Choosing life when facing death: understanding fertility preservation decision-making for cancer patients -- Discussing fertility preservation with breast cancer patients -- Warning: Google can be hazardous to your health: fertility preservation is an important part of cancer care -- Role of a patient navigator in fertility preservation -- Judaism and reproductive technology -- Reading between the lines of cancer and fertility: a provider's story -- Rewarding experience for a pediatric urologist -- Final thoughts.
- Oncofertility. Fertility preservation for cancer survivors 2007, SpringerPart I. Introduction -- The emergence of a new discipline: oncofertility / Teresa K. Woodruff -- Part II. Fertility risk and treatment options -- Fertility management for women with cancer / Sanjay K. Agarwal and R. Jeffrey Chang -- Fertility preservation in adult male cancer patients / Robert E. Brannigan -- Managing fertility in childhood cancer patients / Kimberley J. Dilley -- Fertility risk in pediatric and adolescent cancers / Clarisa R. Gracia and Jill P. Ginsberg -- Part III. Oncofertility techniques and research -- Bioengieneering and the ovarian follicle / Min Xu, Teresa K. Woodruff, and Lonnie D. Shea -- The science of cryobiology / Steven F. Muller and John K. Critser -- Ovarian tissue cryopreservation and transplantation: banking reproductive potential for the future / David Lee -- Progress, history and promise of ovarian cryopreservation and transplantation for pediatric cancer patients / Yasmin Gosiengfiao -- Part IV. Health care decision-making -- Oncofertility and the social sciences / Karrie Ann Snyder -- Shared decision making: fertility and pediatric cancers / Marla L. Clayman, Kathleen M. Galvin, and Paul Arnston -- Part V. Ethical and psychosocial impact of cancer-related infertility -- Today's research, tomorrows cures: the ethical implications of oncofertility / Leilah E. Backhus and Laurie Zoloth -- The psychosocial context of cancer-related infertility / Matthew J. Loscalzo and Karen L. Clark -- Childhood cancer: fertility and psychosocial implications / Karen E. Kinahan, Aarati Didwania, and Carrie L. Nieman -- Fertility preservation and adolescent cancer patients: lessons from adult survivors of childhood cancer and their parents / Carrie L. Nieman ... [et al.] -- Part VI. Training in a new medical discipline and medical guidelines -- Oncofertility: a new medical discipline and the emerging scholar / Laxmi A. Kondapalli -- Oncofertility Consortium consensus statement: guidelines for ovarian tissue cryopreservation / Leilah E. Backhus ... [et al.] -- Part VII. Patient stories and oncofertility -- Personal accounts of cancer and infertility / provided by Fertile Hope.
- Oncogene techniques ScienceDirect
- Oncogenes meet metabolism from deregulated genes to a broader understanding of tumour physiology 2008, Springer
- Oncogenomics handbook 2005, Springer
- Oncologic breast surgery 2014, SpringerThis book presents the most recent developments in oncologic breast surgery and takes full account of diagnostic, pathologic, and radiologic inputs. It is divided into three parts, the first of which discusses the premises underlying the modern surgical approach to breast cancer. The second part is devoted to what might be termed the conservative program, i.e., breast conservation and oncoplastic surgery, conservative mastectomy, and sentinel node biopsy and axillary dissection. The final part of the book covers different forms of surgery and other treatments in particular settings. Topics include plastic and reconstructive surgery, DCIS surgery, radio-guided surgery, adjuvant systemic therapy, intraoperative radiotherapy, and the role of surgery in locally advanced and metastatic disease. The detailed descriptions of techniques are accompanied by numerous high-quality illustrations. This book will be of value to both experienced practitioners and surgical trainees. .
- Oncologic imaging a multidisciplinary approach 2012, ScienceDirectFulltext ClinicalKeyHere's the multidisciplinary guidance you need for optimal imaging of malignancies. Radiologists, surgeons, medical oncologists, and radiation oncologists offer state-of-the-art guidelines for diagnosis, staging, and surveillance, equipping all members of the cancer team to make the best possible use of today's noninvasive diagnostic tools. Consult with the best. Dr. Paul M. Silverman and more than 100 other experts from MD Anderson Cancer Center provide you with today's most dependable answers on every aspect of the diagnosis, treatment, and management of the cancer patient. Recognize the characteristic presentation of each cancer via current imaging modalities and understand the clinical implications of your findings. Effectively use traditional imaging modalities such as Multidetector CT (MDCT), PET/CT, and MR in conjunction with the latest advances in molecular oncology and targeted therapies. Find information quickly and easily thanks to a consistent, highly templated format complete with "Key Point" summaries, algorithms, drawings, and full-color staging diagrams. Make confident decisions with guidance from comprehensive algorithms for better staging and imaging evaluation. Access the fully searchable text online, along with high-quality downloadable images for use in teaching and lecturing and online-only algorithms, at expertconsult.com. .
- Oncology an evidence-based approach 2006, SpringerSect. 1. Principles of oncology. Evidence-based approach to oncology -- Principles of chemotherapy -- Principles of radiation oncology -- Principles of surgical therapy in oncology -- Principles of targeted and biological therapies -- Biologic principles of hematopoietic stem cell transplantation -- Evaluation of tumor markers: an evidence-based guide for determination of clinical utility -- Design and analysis of oncology clinical trials -- Ethics of clinical oncology research -- Informatics infrastructure for evidence-based cancer medicine -- Economics of cancer care -- Principles of screening for cancer -- Patient decision making -- Establishing an interdisciplinary oncology team -- Principles of complementary and alternative medicine for cancer -- Sect. 2. Translational basic science. Fundamental aspects of the cell cycle and signal transduction -- Viral carcinogenesis -- Environmental carcinogenesis -- Cancer metastasis -- Tumor immunology and immunotherapy -- Technologies in molecular biology: diagnostic applications -- Sect. 3. Cancer prevention and control. Cancer epidemiology -- Evidence-based cancer prevention research: a multidisciplinary perspective on cancer prevention trials -- Screening -- Genetic screening and counseling for high-risk populations -- Behavior modification -- Sect. 4. Cancer imaging. Central nervous system imaging -- Breast imaging -- Imaging of throacic malignancies -- Imaging of gastrointestinal stromal tumor -- Genitourinary imaging -- Musculoskeletal imaging -- Positron emission tomography and cancer -- Sect. 5. Solid tumors. Central nervous system tumors -- Eye, orbit, and adnexal structures -- Head and neck cancer -- Lung cancer -- Therapy for malignant pleural mesothelioma -- Mediastinum -- Esophageal cancer -- Stomach -- Colon, rectal, and anal cancer management -- Adenocarcinoma and other small intestinal malignancies -- Cancer of the lung and bile ducts -- An evidence-based approach to the management of pancreatic cancer -- Renal cell cancer -- Ureter, bladder, penis, and urethra -- Prostate cancer -- Testis cancer -- Cervix, vulva, and vagina -- Gastational trophoblastic neoplasms -- Ovarian cancer -- Uterine malignancies -- Evidence-based management of breast cancer -- Thyroid and Parathyroid -- Tumors of the endocrine system -- Sarcomas of bone -- Soft tissue sarcoma -- Cutaneous melanoma -- Nonmelanoma cutaneous malignancies -- Cancer of unknown primary site -- Solid tumors of childhood -- Sect. 6. Hematologic malignancies. Acute myeloid leukemia and the myelodysplastic syndromes -- Acute lymphoblastic leukemia -- Chronic lymphocytic leukemia and related chronic leukemias -- Chronic myeloid leukemia -- An evidence-based approach to the management of Hodgkin's lymphoma -- The non-Hodgkin's lymphomas -- Multiple myeloma -- Sect. 7. Practice of oncology. Superior vena cava syndrome -- Central nervous system emergencies -- Metabolic emergencies in oncology -- Surgical emergencies -- Oral complications of cancer therapy -- Alopecia and cutaneous complications of chemotherapy -- Infectious complications of cancer therapy -- Acute toxicities of therapy: pulmonary complications -- Cardiac complications -- Neurologic complications of therapy -- Acute toxicities of therapy: urologic complications -- Issues in vascular access with special emphasis on the cancer patient -- Management of cancer pain -- Nausea and vomiting in the cancer patient -- Nutritional support for the cancer patient -- Paraneoplastic syndromes -- Malignant effusions -- Evidence-based use of hematopoietic growth factors for optimal supportive care of patients with cancer -- Management of the bone marrow transplant patient -- Management of anxiety and depression in adult cancer patients: toward an evidence-based approach -- Reproductive complications and sexual dysfunction in the cancer patient -- Metastatic cancer to the central nervous system -- Metastatic cancer in lung -- Surgical and regional therapy for liver metastases -- Metastatic cancer to bone -- Cancer in the immunosuppressed patient -- Cancer in the older population -- Chemotherapy in patients with organ dysfunction -- Management of the pregnant cancer patient -- Sect. 8. Cancer survivorship. Survivorship research: past, present, and future -- Late effects of cancer treatments -- Medical and psychosocial issues in childhood cancer survivors -- Medical and psychosocial issues in Hodgkin's disease survivors -- Medical and psychosocial issues in testicular cancer survivors -- Medical and psychosocial issues in testicular cancer survivors -- Medical and psychosocial issues in gynecologic cancer survivors -- Medical, psychosocial, and health-related quality of life issues in breast cancer survivors -- Medical and psychosocial issues in prostate cancer survivors -- Physical and psychosocial issues in lung cancer survivors -- Cancer survivorship issues in colorectal cancer -- Medical and psychosocial issues in transplant survivors -- Second malignancies after radiation treatment and chemotherapy for primary cancers -- Psychosocial rehabilitation in cancer care -- Cancer advocacy.
- Oncology and basic science 2008, OvidSection I: Evaluation and management of musculoskeletal oncology problems -- Evaluation of bone tumors / Timothy A. Damron -- Evaluation of soft tissue tumors / Carol D. Morris -- Biopsy of musculoskeletal tumors / Edward A. Athanasian -- Treatment principles -- Surgical margins / Robert Quinn -- Benign tumors of bone / Cynthia M. Kelly -- Malignant bone lesions / Francis R. Patterson, Timoth A. Damron, and Carol D. Morris -- Soft tissue tumors / John Heiner and Jeremy White -- Pathologic fractures / Timothy A. Damron -- Section II: Specific bone neoplasms and simulators -- Benign bone tumors -- Bone lesions / Felasfa M. Wodajo -- Cartilage lesions / Felasfa M. Wodajo -- Cystic lesions / Sung Wook Seo, Young Lae Moon, and Francis Young-In Lee -- Myogenic, lipogenic, and neural tumors / Sean V. McGarry and C. Parker Gibbs -- Fibrous lesions of bone / Sung Wook Seo, Young Lae Moon, and Francis Young-In Lee -- Giant cell tumor of bone / Sean V. McGarry and C. Parker Gibbs -- Vascular lesions / Sean V. McGarry and C. Parker Gibbs -- Other tumors of undefined neoplastic nature / Sean V. McGarry and C. Parker Gibbs -- Bone sarcomas -- Osteosarcoma / Francis R. Patterson -- Ewing sarcoma and primitive neuroectodermal tumor of bone / Bruce Rougraff -- Chondrosarcoma / R. Lor Randall and Kenneth J. Hunt -- Fibrous, fibrohistiocytic, and giant cell tumor malignancies / Hannah D. Morgan -- Notochordal tumors / Hannah D. Morgan -- Vascular sarcomas of bone / Hannah D. Morgan -- Myogenic, lipogenic, and epithelial bone sarcomas / Hannah D. Morgan -- Congenital and inherited bone conditions -- Familial adenomatous polyposis / Kathryn Palomino -- Beckwith-Wiedemann syndrome / Danielle A. Katz -- Skeletal dysplasias / Danielle A. Katz -- Retinoblastoma syndrome / Timothy A. Damron -- Rothmund-Thomson syndrome / Kathryn Palomino -- Werner syndrome / Kathryn Palomino -- Metastatic disease / Timothy A. Damron -- Hematologic malignancies / Valerae O. Lewis -- Metabolic bone diseases / Susan V. Bukata -- Section III: Specific soft tissue neoplasms and simulators -- Benign soft tissue tumors / Timothy A. Damron and Gustavo de la Roza -- Soft tissue sarcomas / Carol D. Morris -- Section IV: Basic science -- Cellular and molecular biology / Matthew J. Allen -- Growth and development of the musculoskeletal system / Donald E. Sweet and Thomas V. Smallman -- Genetic basis of musculoskeletal disorders / Sathappan S. Sathappan, Kirill Ilalov, and Paul E. Di Cesare -- Biomechanics / Frederick W. Werner and Joseph A. Spadaro -- Biomaterials / Joseph A. Spadaro, Michael T. Clarke, and Julie M. Hasenwinkel -- Principles of orthopaedic pharmacology / Carol D. Morris -- Bone form, function, injury, regeneration, and repair / Alexia Hernandez-Soria and Mathias Bostrom -- Articular cartilage structure, composition, and repair / Peter J. Roughley and Thomas V. Smallman -- Diarthrodial joints / Thomas V. Smallman, Kris Shekitka, and Donald Flemming -- Meniscal structure, function, repair, and replacement / Mark C. Drakos and Answorth A. Allen -- Intervertebral disk structure, composition, and mechanical function / Samuel A. Joseph, Jr., and Patrick Boland -- Tendon and ligament anatomy, biology, and biomechanics / Brian J. Harley and Joseph W. Bergman -- Peripheral nerve physiology, anatomy, and pathology / Shikha Sethi ... [et al.] -- Skeletal muscle anatomy, physiology, and mechanics / Bryan T. Kelly and William J. Robertson -- Infectious disorders of bone and joint / Thomas V. Smallman ... [et al.] -- Bacterial infection -- Granulomatous infection -- Infection associated with neuropathy -- Viral disorders -- Neoplasia / Matthew J. Allen.
- Oncology nursing drug handbook 2014, Ovid
- Oncology of CNS tumors. 2nd ed. 2010, Springer
- Oncology of infancy and childhood 2009, ClinicalKeyTo address the growing complexities of childhood cancer, this book has now been separated into two distinct volumes. With this volume devoted strictly to pediatric oncology, and another to pediatric hematology, you will be on the cutting edge of these two fields. This exciting new, full-color reference provides you with the most comprehensive, authoritative, up-to-date information for diagnosing and treating children with cancer. It brings together the pathophysiology of disease with detailed clinical guidance on diagnosis and management for the full range of childhood cancers, including aspects important in optimal supportive care. Written by the leading names in pediatric oncology, this resource is an essential tool for all who care for pediatric cancer patients.
- Oncoplastic and reconstructive breast surgery 2013, SpringerPart I. Basic principles for oncoplastic and reconstructive breast surgery -- Part II. Partial breast reconstruction -- Part III. Breast reconstruction after mastectomy -- Part IV. Managment of complications -- Part V. Refinements after breast reconstruction -- Part VI. Breast reconstruction in special populations -- Part VII. Other special considerations -- Index.
- Oncoplastic and reconstructive surgery for breast cancer the Institut Curie experience 2009, Springer
- Oncoplastic breast surgery a guide to clinical practice 2010, Springer1. General Surgery -- Surgical Anatomy / Elisabeth Würinger -- Breast Cancer Surgery: Standard Principles / Florian Fitzal -- Oncoplastic Breast Surgery / Peter Schrenk -- 2. Oncoplastic Surgery (OPS) -- OPS and Breast Conserving Surgery (BSC) / Peter Schrenk, Elizabeth J. Hall-Findlay, Florian Fitzal, Andrea Grisotti and Donato Casella, et al. -- OPS and Mastectomy / Grant W. Carlson, Francesca De Lorenzi, Mario Rietjens, Andrea Manconi and Daniela Hoch, et al. -- Special Considerations / Florian Fitzal, Rupert Koller, Stefan Gärner, Elisabeth Grafinger-Witt and Mario Rietjens, et al.
- Oncoplastic surgery of the breast 2009, ClinicalKeyWell-recognized, international authorities in breast and plastic surgery contribute their expert advice and guidance on aesthetic closure of the breast. They discuss all key areas from indication and selection of patients, to the techniques and allied issues related to breast tumor surgery, including oncoplastic reduction, mammaplasty, mastectomy with nipple areolar preservation, perfator flaps, effects of radiation therapy, as well as complications and controversies. The DVD of narrated video clips of techniques visually demonstrates procedures described within the book.
- Oncothermia principles and practices 2011, Springer
- One Health: the human-animal-environment interfaces in emerging infectious diseases. Food safety and security, and international and national plans for implementation of One Health activities 2013, SpringerThe second volume on One Health explains in detail how to implement three key aspects of the One Health paradigm food safety and security, national plans for a holistic one health approach, and relevant new technologies and approaches. The fourteen chapters, each by an internationally recognized authority, are organized into three sections of four or five chapters each, that break new ground in clarifying precisely how One Health can become an operational reality in local, national and international public health initiatives. Section three begins with an international overview on food safety and security. The importance of a One Heath approach is then explained in relation to four specific problems?the growing prevalence of antibiotic resistance, bovine spongiform encephalopathy and pathogenic E.coli. Section four begins with the role of the Food and Agricultural Organization (FAO) in promoting One Health. The formulation and implementation of national plans for implementing the One Health paradigm are then set out for Africa, the Western Pacific, Southeast Asia and Mongolia. The final section of this two volume book is devoted to implementing new technologies and new approaches to One Health. A wide-ranging analysis considers the importance of climate change and a social-ecological systems approach, as well as how to operationalize One Health, how to move from emergency response to prevention at source, and how to implement an educational strategy that builds a foundation for One Health in emerging disease management. It is anticipated that this two volume book will become a benchmark for practitioners of One Health, empowering a balanced multidisciplinary approach to the complexities of the human-animal-environment interface.
- One health: the human-animal-environment interfaces in emerging infectious diseases. The concept and examples of a one health approach 2013, SpringerOne Health: its origins and future -- One Health and emerging infectious diseases: clinical perspectives -- The historical, present, and future role of veterinarians in One Health -- The importance of understanding the human-animal interface -- The human environment interface: applying ecosystem concepts to health -- Wildlife: the need to better understand the linkages -- The economic value of One Health in relation to the mitigation of zoonotic disease risks -- The application of One Health approaches to henipavirus research -- H5N1 highly pathogenic avian influenza in Indonesia: retrospective considerations -- Rabies in Asia: the classical zoonosis -- Japanese encephalitis: on the One Health agenda -- Cost estimate of bovine tuberculosis to Ethiopia -- The pandemic H1N1 influenza experience -- One Health: the Hong Kong experience with avian influenza -- Clostridium difficile infection in humans and piglets: a 'One Health' opportunity -- Men, primates, and germs: an ongoing affair -- Erratum to: Cost estimate of bovine tuberculosis to Ethopia -- Index.
- One-shot library instruction survival guide Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialThough many librarians want to be excellent teachers, they encounter significant barriers to their success, and formal preparation for teaching is usually not offered in graduate programs.To help your students become information literate, you must learn to turn everyday challenges into instruction that is meaningful and relevant for your students.
- OneLook dictionaries Database
- ONLINE! citation styles Fulltext
- Only EKG book you'll ever need. 5th ed. 2007, OvidThe basics -- Hypertrophy and enlargement of the heart -- Arrhythmias -- Conduction blocks -- Preexcitation syndromes -- Myocardial ischemia and infarction -- Finishing touches -- Putting it all together -- How do you get to Carnegie Hall?
- Only EKG book you'll ever need. 7th ed. 2012, OvidSuitable for medical students in ICM courses, house officers, or those directly involved in patient care, whether student, teacher, or practitioner, this title presents information clinicians need to use the EKG in everyday practice and interpret hypertrophy and enlargement, arrhythmias, conduction blocks, pre-excitation syndromes, and more.
- Ontologies, a handbook of principles, concepts and applications in information systems. 1st ed. 2006, MyiLibrary
- Oocyte biology in fertility preservation 2013, SpringerFertility preservation has become one of the most important and fast growing fields of reproductive medicine. Although there are several strategies for fertility preservation in female, most of them are still considered experimental. It is important to perfect the existing technologies, but also developing new strategies should be actively sought. The future development of fertility preservation strategies should be based on the sound scientific knowledge and principles. One of the main objectives of fertility preservation in females is prevention of oocyte depletion. The mechanisms of oocyte loss and survival in the ovary are complex, which include genetic control both in germ cells and in somatic cells, DNA damage and repair mechanism, apoptosis and autophagy, and other poorly understood molecular mechanisms.To develop clinically effective and safe strategies for fertility preservation, it is essential to know and understand the fundamentals of oocyte and ovarian biology at the molecular level. Thus, the purpose of this edition is to review the current progress in research related to molecular and genetic control of oocyte development that can be applied to fertility preservation. The main topics that are discussed in this publication include molecular signaling mechanisms of oocyte activation and loss, genomic integrity of oocytes, and epigenetics.
- Oogenesis 2013, SpringerThe oocyte is the largest and most mysterious cell in the body of mammalian organisms. Through its growth and maturation, it reaches extreme levels of specialization, while maintaining at the same time a condition of totipotency. Its unique ability, in co-operation with the spermatozoon, to give rise to a fully developed organism formed from hundreds of different tissues and myriads of individual cells has inspired intellectuals of all ages.Oogenesis finds impetus and purpose in casting scientific perspective towards this unique cell for the benefit of scientists and assisted reproductive technology (ART) specialists. The authors of the chapters are distinguished authorities in their respective areas of competence. From the opening of the book the reader is lead on a fantastic voyage from the formation of the primordial oocyte to the development of the early embryo, passing through crucial processes of oogenesis, such as co-ordination of oocyte and follicle growth, gene expression and organelle reorganization during growth and maturation, epigenetic mechanisms, regulation of meiosis, totipotency, cell polarity, oogenesis in vitro and maternal regulation of early development.
- Open access bibliography : liberating scholarly literature with e-prints and open access journals 2005, Assoc Res Libr
- Open Hepatic Transection Using Microwave Tissue Coagulation / Sohei Satoi, Hiroaki Kitade, Yoichi Matsui, A-Hon Kwon -- Open Hepatic Transection Using Chang's Needle / Yu-Chung Chang -- Open Hepatic Transection Using PMOD / Shu You Peng, Jiang Tao Li, Zhi Jian Tan -- Open Hepatic Transection Using Dissecting Sealer / Isidoro Di Carlo, Adriana Toro -- Open Hepatic Transection Using Habib[TM] 4X / Charis Kyriakides, Feng Xi, Madhava Pai, Nagy A. Habib -- Ultrasonically Activated Device for Parenchymal Division During Open Liver Resection / Paolo Limongelli, Andrea Belli, Luigi Cioffi, Gianluca Russo, Alberto D'Agostino -- Open Hepatic Transection Using Water-Jet Dissector / Kerstin Huepgens, Denis Ehrl, Horst-Guenter Rau -- Open Hepatic Transection Using Kelly Clamp / Takuya Hashimoto, Norihiro Kokudo, Masatoshi Makuuchi -- Open Hepatic Transection Using LigaSure / Akio Saiura, Junji Yamamoto -- Stapler Hepatectomy / Helge Bruns, Jürgen Weitz, Michael Kremer, Markus W. Büchler, Peter Schemmer -- Fusion Technique for Liver Transection: A New Technique Combining Kelly-Clysis and Harmonic Technology / Palepu Jagannath, Deepak Chhabra, Rajiv Shah -- Ultrasound-Guided Delimitation of the Resection Area / Matteo Donadon, Guido Torzilli -- Open Hepatic Transection Using Ultrasonic Dissector / Giorgio Ercolani, Matteo Ravaioli, Matteo Serenari, Paolo Di Gioia -- Laparoscopic Hepatic Transection Using Microwave / Yuichiro Otsuka, Hironori Kaneko -- Laparoscopic Liver Resection Using LPMOD / Xiu Jun Cai, Yi Fan Wang, Shu You Peng -- Laparoscopic Hepatic Transection Using Radiofrequency Monopolar Devices / Isidoro Di Carlo, Adriana Toro -- Laparoscopic Hepatic Transection Using Habib[TM] 4X / Madhava Pai, Charis Kyriakides, Feng Xi, Nagy A. Habib -- Laparoscopic Hepatic Transection Using Stapler and CUSA / Francesca Ratti ... [et al.] -- Laparoscopic Hepatic Transection Using Ultrasonic Scalpel and Bipolar Forceps / Noah B. Zuker, Brice Gayet -- Laparoscopic Hepatic Transection Using an Ultrasonically Activated Device / Luigi Cioffi ... [et al.] -- Laparoscopic Hepatic Transection Using Bipolar Radiofrequency Ablation (EnSeal) / Keith M. Baldwin, Ponnandai Somasundar, Steven C. Katz, N. Joseph Espat -- Robotic Liver Resection / Ki-Hun Kim, Gi-Hong Choi -- Index.
- Operated heart at autopsy 2009, Springer
- Operative anatomy of the heart 2011, Springer
- Operative anatomy. 3rd ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Operative atlas of laparoscopic reconstructive urology 2009, Springer
- Operative dentistry a practical guide to recent innovations 2006, Springer
- Operative dictations in orthopedic surgery 2013, SpringerOperative Dictations in Orthopedic Surgery is a valuable resource for teaching orthopedic surgical trainees and practicing orthopedic surgeons how to document their operative procedures. The book includes the majority of the commonly performed orthopedic procedures. For each procedure, a list of common indications is given, covering 95% of the situations in which particular procedures will be used, as well as a list of essential steps. This is then followed by a list intended to prompt the surgeon for particular details to note and dictate within the template, a list of possible complications that are typically associated with a particular surgical procedure, and templates of operative dictation that allow the surgeon to individualize their dictations. Ample space is also provided to allow each surgeon to add notes. Concise and easy to use, Operative Dictations in Orthopedic Surgery is a unique tool for orthopedics surgical residents and residents in practice that better prepares them to participate actively and learn as much as possible in the operating room.
- Operative elbow surgery 2012, ClinicalKeypt. 1. Basic science -- pt. 2. Paediatric elbow -- pt. 3. Adult trauma -- pt. 4. Instability -- pt. 5. Elbow stiffness -- pt. 6. Neurological disorders -- pt. 7. Sport and soft tissue disorders -- pt. 8. Arthritis surgery -- pt. 9. Miscellaneous.
- Operative endoscopy and endoscopic surgery in infants and children Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Operative hip arthroscopy. 3rd ed. 2013, SpringerIn each of its two previous editions, Dr. J.W. Thomas Byrd's Operative Hip Arthroscopy has detailed the fundamentals and techniques for performing hip arthroscopy and tracked cutting-edge developments surrounding this procedure. Operative Hip Arthroscopy, Third Edition, has once again pulled together a group of experts to explore all of the latest advancements in hip arthroscopy, as well as our understanding of hip disorders and the technology available for treatment. This edition is vastly expanded, with new or updated discussion on topics including:Latest Techniques and Technology for AccessFemoroacetabular Impingement The Peritrochanteric SpaceThe Subgluteal SpaceEndoscopic Abductor RepairsEndoscopic Hamstring Repair and Ischial BursectomyAdhesive Capsulitis and ArthrofibrosisManagement of Chondral InjuriesDecision Making with Regard to OsteoarthritisSynovial Disease and Sepsisliopsoas Impingement and Total Hip ArthroplastyComplex Hip ReconstructionComputer NavigationSnapping Hip SyndromesThe Role of UltrasonographyThis book emphasizes wise decision-making and understanding the dos and don'ts of the procedure. Clear, concise writing supplemented by more than 300 illustrations, photographs and links to view videos will give orthopedists at any level a complete picture of this procedure and related issues.
- Operative neuromodulation v. 1-2, 2007., Springerv. 2, 2007 Springerv. 1. Functional neuroprosthetic surgery -- v. 2. Neural networks surgery.
- Operative obstetrics. 2nd ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Operative otolaryngology head and neck surgery. 2nd ed. 2008, ClinicalKey
- Operative pediatric surgery. 2nd edition. 2014, AccessSurgeryPart I: General Principles -- Part II: The Head and Neck -- Part III: Chest Wall and Thoracic Disease Part IV: Abdominal Disease Part V: Urology for the Pediatric Surgeon -- Part VI: Vascular System Anomalies -- Part VII: Neurosurgery for the Pediatric Surgeon -- Part VIII: Trauma -- Part IX: Surgical Endocrinology -- Part X: Oncology -- Part XI: Solid Organ Transplantation.
- Operative techniques for severe liver injury 2015, Springer
- Operative techniques in epilepsy 2015, SpringerThis book describes the specific surgical techniques currently employed in patients with intractable epilepsy; it also covers the relevant technical aspects of general neurosurgery. All of the approaches associated with the various foci of epilepsy within the cerebral hemispheres are considered, including temporal and frontal lobectomies and corticectomies, parietal and occipital lobe resections, corpus callosotomy, hemispherectomy, and multiple subpial incisions. In addition, an individual chapter is devoted to electrocortical stimulation and functional localization of the so-called eloquent cortex. The more general topics on which guidance is provided include bipolar coagulation (with coverage of the physical principles, strength of the coagulating current, use of coagulation forceps, the advantages of correct irrigation, and use of cottonoid patties) and all of the measures required during the performance of operations under local anesthesia. The book is designed to meet the need for a practically oriented source of precise information on the operative procedures employed in epilepsy patients and will be of special value for neurosurgical residents and fellows.
- "The Second Edition of Operative Techniques in Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery is designed to give surgeons the learning tools they need to understand and successfully incorporate laparoscopic colorectal surgery into their practice. Because of the steep learning curve for this technique, this edition goes to great lengths to cover every aspect of each procedure in great detail -- even including the pitfalls to avoid. To help the reader with pattern-recognition, detailed, four-color photographs of important landmarks have been incorporated for them to review. Plus, an edited video is included to provide clear, step-by-step instruction of each procedure. Surgeons need appropriate training before incorporating laparoscopic colorectal surgery into their practice. This book will be a useful resource for residents, fellows in training, and surgeons who are either attending courses in laparoscopic colorectal surgery or are at an early stage of integrating this technique into their practice. FEATURES: Chapters contain a detailed textual description of procedural steps and common pitfalls Includes sections on management of intraoperative complications and other useful tips All new major operative videos Includes an expanded list of colorectal procedures New chapters include Mobilization of the Mesorectum, Handsewn Coloanal Anastomosis, Robotic Single-port Right Colonectomy, Single Port Total Colectomy with End Ileostomy, Robotic Low Anterior Resection"--Provided by publisher.
- Operative urology at the Cleveland Clinic 2006, SpringerSurgical incisions / J. Stephen Jones -- Adrenal disease / Andrew C. Novick -- Laparoscopic adrenalectomy / Mihir M. Desai and Inderbir S. Gill -- Renal malignancy / Andrew C. Novick -- Laparoscopic surgery for renal cell carcinoma / Inderbir S. Gill -- Renal calculus disease / Stevan B. Streem and J. Stephen Jones -- Renal vascular disease / Andrew C. Novick -- Surgical technique of cadaver donor nephrectomy / Venkatesh Krishnamurthi -- Open donor nephrectomy / David A. Goldfarb -- Living laparoscopic donor nephrectomy / Alireza Moinzadeh and Inderbir S. Gill -- Renal transplantation / David A. Goldfarb, Stuart M. Flechner, and Charles S. Modlin -- Renal trauma / J. Stephen Jones -- Nerve-sparing retroperitoneal lymphadenectomy / Eric A. Klein -- Ureterolysis / Lawrence M. Wyner -- Pancreas transplantation / Venkatesh Krishnamurthi -- Ureteropelvic junction obstruction / Stevan B. Streem and Jonathan H. Ross -- Laparoscopic pyeloplasty / Anup P. Ramani and Inderbir S. Gill -- Urothelial tumors of the renal pelvis and ureter / Stevan B. Streem -- Management of the en bloc distal ureter and bladder cuff during retroperitoneoscopic radical nephroureterectomy / Osamu Ukimura and Inderbir S. Gill -- Ureteral disorders in children / Jonathan H. Ross and Robert Kay -- Iatrogenic and traumatic ureteral injury / Bashir R. Sankari -- Ureteral calculi / Stevan B. Streem -- Office procedures / J. Stephen Jones -- Radical cystectomy and orthotopic diversion in men and women / Eric A. Klein -- Laparoscopic radical cystectomy with intracorporeal urinary diversion / Jihad H. Kaouk and Inderbir S. Gill.
- Ophthalmic assistant a text for allied and associated ophthalmic personnel. 8th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material1. Basic sciences: Anatomy of the eye -- Physiology of the eye -- Optics -- Pharmacology -- Microbiology -- 2. Clinical practice: Office efficiency and public relations -- History taking -- Preliminary examination -- Understanding ophthalmic equipment -- Refractive errors and how to correct them -- History of spectacles -- Facts about glasses -- Rigid contact lenses: basics -- Soft contact lenses -- Advanced techniques in soft and rigid contact lens fitting -- Visual fields -- Automated visual field testing -- Ocular injuries -- The urgent case -- Common eye disorders -- Common retinal disorders -- Glaucoma -- Examination of the newborn, infant and small child -- Maintenance of ophthalmic equipment and instruments -- Diagnostic ultrasound -- 3. Surgical techniques: Aseptic technique and minor office surgery -- The operative patient -- Highlights of ocular surgery -- Assisting the surgeon -- Lasers in ophthalmology -- Ambulatory surgery -- Computerized corneal topography -- Refractive surgery -- Wavefront aberrations and custom ablation -- 4. Special procedures: Ocular motility and binocular vision -- Ophthalmic photography -- Visual aids for the partially sighted -- 5. Community ocular programs: Blind persons in the modern world -- Art and the eye -- Reading problems in children -- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation -- 6. Expanded roles in eye care delivery: Computers in opthalmic practice -- 7. Role of assistants in eye care: Allied health personnel in ophthalmology -- Ophthalmology ethics -- Ophthalmic allied health personnel: scope of practice -- Testing of ophthalmic skills -- The development of ophthalmic assistants in North America -- Assisting in the international community and in the prevention of blindness.
- Ophthalmic assistant a text for allied and associated ophthalmic personnel. 9th ed. 2013, ClinicalKeyAnatomy of the eye -- Physiology of the eye -- Optics -- Pharamacology -- Microbiology -- Office efficiency and public relations -- History taking -- Preliminary examination -- Understanding ophthalmic equipment -- Refractive errors and how to correct them -- History of spectacles -- Facts about glasses -- Rigid contact lenses : Basics -- Soft contact lenses -- Advanced techniques in soft and rigid contact lens fitting -- Managing a contact lens practice -- Visual fields -- Automated visual field testing -- Ocular injuries -- The urgent case -- Common eye disorders -- Common retinal disorders -- Glaucoma -- Examination of the newborn, infant and small child -- Maintenance of ophthalmic equipment and instruments -- Aseptic technique and minor office surgery -- The operative patient -- Highlights of ocular surgery -- Assisting the surgeon -- Assisting the surgeon -- Ambulatory surgery -- Refractive surgery -- Corneal collagen cross linking in the management of ectatic diseases -- Wavefront aberrations and custom ablation -- Optical coherence tomography -- Computerized corneal topography -- Specular microscopy -- Diagnostic ultrasound -- Ocular motility and binocular vision -- Ophthalmic photography -- Visual aids for the partially sighted -- Blind persons in the modern world -- Art and the eye -- Reading problems in children -- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation -- Computers in ophthalmic practice -- Allied health personnel in ophthalmology -- Ophthalmology ethics -- Ophthalmic allied health personnel : scope of practice -- Testing of ophthalmic skills -- The development of ophthalmic assistants in North America -- Assisting in the international community and in the prevention of blindness -- Appendices.
- Ophthalmic clinical advisor diagnosis and treatment. 2nd ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Ophthalmic clinical procedures a multimedia guide 2007, ClinicalKeyPre-refraction -- Refraction -- Post-refraction -- Ophthalmoscopy -- Slit lamp -- Tonometry -- Visual field analysis -- Advanced investigations -- Specialized binocular vision techniques -- Contact lenses.
- Ophthalmic microsurgical suturing techniques 2007, Springer
- Ophthalmic pathology a concise guide 2013, SpringerOphthalmic Pathology: A Concise Guide provides an introductory book of essential and fundamental information that will give the reader a solid foundation in ophthalmic pathology. The volume differs from the available classic and comprehensive ophthalmic pathology textbooks in its basic and simplified 'one month approach' concept. The text is rich in macroscopic and microscopic pathology images, clinical images, and bullet-point lists. Each chapter (Overview; Cornea; Conjunctiva; Eyelids; Uveal Tract; Retina; Orbit; and, Optic Nerve) includes approximately 30 color figures of common eye pathology diagnoses and also reviews the normal histology of each ocular component. An assortment of commentary related to common diagnoses and differential diagnostic considerations, clinical and pathological correlations, pearls and pitfalls, and ophthalmic pathology terminology can be found in each chapter. Other topics include: the fundamental pathology of glaucoma, trauma, cataracts, macular degeneration, and the phacomatoses; commonly used histochemical stains employed in ophthalmic pathology; and basic prosection of enucleation and evisceration specimens.
- Introduction to radiotherapy and standard teletherapy techniques / Balagamwala, E.H., Macklis, R., Singh, A.D. -- Teletherapy : advanced techniques / Stockham, A., Balagamwala, E.H., Singh, A.D., Macklis, R. -- Brachytherapy / Marwaha, G., Macklis, R., Singh, A.D., Wilkinson, A. -- Radiation therapy : uveal tumors / Seregard, S., Pelayes, D.E., Singh, A.D. -- Radiation therapy retinal tumors / Sethi, R.V., MacDonald, S.M., Kim, D.Y., Mukai, S. -- Radiation therapy : age-related macular degeneration / Medina, C.A., Ehlers, J.P. -- Radiation therapy : conjunctival and eyelid tumors / Aronow, M.E., Singh, A.D. -- Radiation therapy : orbital tumors / Marwaha, G., Macklis, R., Singh, A.D. -- Radiotherapy : anterior segment complications / Medina, C., Singh, A.D. -- Radiation therapy : posterior segment complications / Seregard, S., Pelayes, D.E., Singh, A.D.
- Ophthalmic surgery-- principles and practice. 4th ed. 2012, ClinicalKeyOphthalmic Surgery, edited by Drs. George Spaeth, Helen Danesh-Meyer, Ivan Goldberg, and Anselm Kampik, provides the detailed, full-color, step-by-step guidance you need to master essential ophthalmic surgery procedures. The international team of expert editors and contributors present coverage of the latest surgical developments and video demonstrations of key techniques across subspecialties, including cataract, cornea, refractive, glaucoma, oculoplastic, extra-ocular muscle, vitreoretinal, and ocular tumor procedures. What's more, the fully searchable text, procedural videos, and a downloadable image gallery are all online at www.expertconsult.com, making this multimedia resource the key to performing confidently in the operating room. Refer to the most important steps in each procedure quickly and easily with an appendix of step-by-step hand notes. Perform a wide variety of procedures with confidence using the focused coverage that pinpoints essential information and avoids extraneous details. Get comprehensive coverage across key subspecialties-oculoplastic, strabismus, cornea, refractive, cataract, glaucoma, ocular tumors, and vitreoretinal-and master the basics for every common procedure.
- Ophthalmic surgical procedures. 2nd ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Ophthalmic ultrasonography 2012, ClinicalKeyTheoretical considerations -- Practical considerations -- Clinical methods: A- and B-scans -- Clinical methods: ultrasound biomicroscopy -- Doppler and contrast agents -- Very high-frequency digital ultrasound biomicroscopy -- Ocular biometry -- Corneal diseases -- Glaucoma -- Vitreoretinal diseases -- Intraocular tumors -- Ocular inflammatory diseases -- Optic nerve diseases -- Ocular prenatal imaging -- Pediatric eye diseases -- Ocular trauma -- Ocular laboratory applications -- Ocular ultrasound guided anesthesia -- Future considerations.
- Ophthalmic ultrasound a diagnostic atlas. 2nd ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialForeword / Neil R. Miller -- Preface -- Acknowledgments -- 1. Basic screening techniques and indications for ultrasound -- 2. Anterior segment evaluation -- 3. The vitreous -- 4. The retina -- 5. The choroid -- 6. Trauma -- 7. Intraocular tumors -- 8. The optic nerve -- 9. Extraocular muscles -- 10. Evaluation of the orbit -- 11. Additional ocular conditions and biometry.
- Ophthalmologic drug guide. 2nd ed. 2011, SpringerAntibacterial agents -- Antifungal agents -- Antiviral agents -- Anti-parasitic agents -- Anti-glaucoma agents -- Neuro-ophthalmology -- Anti-inflammatory agents -- Mydriatics, cycloplegics, and reversal agents -- Lubricants and viscoelastics -- Miscellaneous -- Anti-angiogenesis agents -- Contact lens solutions.
- Ophthalmology and the ageing society 2013, Springer
- Ophthalmology secrets in color. 3rd ed. 2007, ClinicalKey1. Clinical anatomy of the eye / Kenneth B. Gum -- 2. Anatomy of the eye and orbit / Edward H. Bedrossian, Jr. -- 3. Optics and refraction / Janice A. Gault -- 4. Color vision / Mitchell S. Fineman -- 5. Ophthalmic and orbital testing / Caroline R. Baumal, Patric De Potter -- 6. Visual fields / Janice A. Gault -- 7. The red eye / Janice A. Gault -- 8. Corneal infections / Sherman W. Reeves, Elisabeth J. Cohen, Terry Kim -- 9. Ophthalmia neonatorum / Janine G. Tabas -- 10. Topical antibiotics and steroids / Stephen Y. Lee -- 11. Dry eyes/ Janice A. Gault -- 12. Corneal dystrophies / Sadeer B. Hannush, Lorena Riveroll -- 13. Keratoconus / Irving Raber -- 14. Refractive surgery / Brandon D. Ayres, Christopher J. Rapuano -- 15. Glaucoma / Mary Jude Cox, George L. Spaeth -- 16. Angle-closure glaucoma / Anup Khatana, George L. Spaeth -- 17. Secondary open-angle glaucoma / Janice A. Gault -- 18. Medical treatment of glaucoma / Jeffrey D. Henderer, Richard P. Wilson -- 19. Trabeculectomy surgery / Marlene R. Moster, Augusto Azuara-Blanco -- 20. Traumatic glaucoma and hyphema / Douglas J. Rhee -- 21. Cataracts / Richard Tipperman -- 22. Techniques of cataract surgery / Sydney Tyson -- 23. Complications of cataract surgery / John D. Dugan, Robert S. Bailey -- 24. Amblyopia / Steven E. Brooks -- 25. Esodeviations / Scott E. Olitsky, Leonard B. Nelson -- 26. Miscellaneous ocular deviations / Janice A. Gault -- 27. Strabismus surgery / Bruce M. Schnall -- 28. Nystagmus / Robert D. Reinecke -- 29. The pupil / Barry Schanzer, Peter J. Savino -- 30. Diplopia / Julian D. Perry -- 31. Optic neuritis / Barry Schanzer, Peter J. Savino -- 32. Miscellaneous optic neuropathies and neurologic disturbances / Janice A. Gault -- 33. Tearing and the lacrimal system / Nancy G. Swartz, Marc S. Cohen -- 34. Proptosis / David G. Buerger -- 35. Thyroid-related ophthalmopathy / Robert B. Penne -- 36. Orbital inflammatory diseases / Roberta E. Gausas, Madhura Tamhankar -- 37. Ptosis / Carolyn S. Repke -- 38. Eyelid tumors / Janice A. Gault -- 39. Uveitis / Tamara R. Vrabec, Caroline R. Baumal, Vincent F. Baldassano, Vinay N. Desai, Jay S. Duker -- 40. Toxic retinopathies / Sobha Sivaprasad, Philip G. Hykin -- 41. Coats disease / William Tasman -- 42. Fundus trauma / Jeffrey P. Blice -- 43. Age-related macular degeneration / Joseph I. Maguire -- 44. Retinopathy of prematurity / J. Arch McNamara -- 45. Diabetic retinopathy / James F. Vander -- 46. Retinal arterial obstruction / Jay S. Duker -- 47. Retinal venous occlusive diseases / Vernon K.W. Wong -- 48. Retinal detachment / Michael J. Borne, James F. Vander -- 49. Retinoblastoma / Carol L. Shields -- 50. Pigmented lesions of the ocular fundus / Jerry A. Shields -- 51. Ocular tumors / Ralph C. Eagle -- 52. Orbital tumors / Jurij R. Bilyk.
- Ophthalmology. 3rd ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Ophthalmology. Fourth edition [4th ed.] 2014, ClinicalKeyThe latest edition of Ophthalmology by Drs. Yanoff and Duker presents practical, expert, concise guidance on nearly every ophthalmic condition and procedure, equipping you to efficiently overcome whatever clinical challenges you may face. New to this edition: Apply the latest advances in the diagnosis and treatment of ocular disease, including new drug therapies for retinal disorders; today's expanded uses of optical coherence tomography (OCT) and high-resolution imaging modalities; new corneal, cataract and refractive surgical approaches; and new developments in molecular biology and genetics, ocular surface disease, glaucoma testing, neuro-ophthalmology, uveitis, ocular tumors, and much more.
- Opiate receptors and antagonists from bench to clinic 2009, Springer
- Opiate receptors. 2nd ed. 2011, Springer
- Opioids in cancer pain Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialOpioid receptors and opioid pharmacodynamics / Mellar P. Davis & Gavril W. Pasternak -- Opioid pharmacokinetics / Kenneth C. Jackson II -- Codeine / Janet R. Hardy -- Hydrocodone / Mellar P. Davis -- Tramadol / Mellar P. Davis -- Dextroproxyphene / Paul Glare -- Morphine / Paul Glare -- Hydromorphone / Paul Glare -- Oxycodone / Mellar P. Davis -- The lipophilic opioids : fentanyl, alfentanil, sufentanil and remifentanil / Tony Hall & Janet R. Hardy -- Methadone / Mellar P. Davis -- Levodrophanol / Mellar P. Davis -- Diamorphine / Janet Hardy -- Oxymorphone / Paul Glare -- Choice of opioids and WHO ladder / Paul Glare -- Opioid rotation / Janet R. Hardy -- Opioids equianalgesia : dynamics and kinetics / Mellar P. Davis -- Opioid dosing strategies / Paul Glare & Mellar P. Davis -- Patient controlled analgesia / Mellar P. Davis -- Spinal opioids in cancer pain / Mellar P. Davis -- Opioid-resistant pain / Mellar P. Davis.
- Opththalmologic drug guide 2007, Springer1 Antibacterial agents -- 2 Antifungal agents -- 3 Antiviral agents -- 4 Antiparasitic agents -- 5 Antiglaucoma agents -- 6 Neuro-ophthalmology -- 7 Anti-inflammatory agents -- 8 Mydriates, cycloplegics, and reversal agents -- 9 Lubricants and viscoelastics -- 10 Miscellaneous conditions -- 11 Anti-angiogenesis agents -- 12 Contact lens.
- Optic Nerve Disorders: Diagnosis and Management, Second Edition, is a thoroughly revised and updated reference, including new information on diagnostic techniques such as genetic testing for hereditary optic neuropathies, new data on toxic/drug-related optic neuropathies, and recent data from clinical trial studies. Additional novel therapies, including stem cell therapies, the use of nanotechnology, and gene therapies are featured highlights, as is spectral domain optical coherence tomography (OCT) for imaging of the optic nerve. The way in which OCT is used in differentiating optic nerve disorders from other retinal disorders, and how OCT is used in monitoring the course of the disease, is also discussed. This practical reference focuses on common optic nerve disorders. It addresses diagnosis, pathophysiology, management, and prognosis, and is written in a clear, concise style for quick, easy reference in the clinic. With additional color photographs to better illustrate the material, the second edition will prove to be the go-to reference for ophthalmologists, neurologists, and neurosurgeons working with optic nerve disorders.
- Fundamentals of optical microscopy / Franco Quercioli -- The white confocal: continuous spectral tuning in excitation and emission / Rolf Borlinghaus -- Second/third harmonic generation microscopy / Shakil Rehman ... [et al.] -- Role of scattering and nonlinear effects in the illumination and the photobleaching distribution profiles / Zeno Lavagnino, Francesca Cella Zanacchi and Alberto Diaspro -- New analytical tools for evaluation of spherical aberration in optical microscopy / Isabel Escobar ... [et al.] -- Improving image formation by pushing the signal-to-noise ratio / Emiliano Ronzitti ... [et al.] -- Site-specific labeling of proteins in living cells using synthetic fluorescent dyes / Gertrude Bunt -- Imaging molecular physiology in cells using FRET-based fluorescent nanosensors / Fred S. Wouters -- Measuring molecular dynamics by FRAP, FCS, and SPT / Kevin Braeckmans ... [et al.] -- In vitro-in vivo fluctuation spectroscopies / M. Collini ... [et al.] -- Interference x-ray diffraction from single muscle cells reveals the molecular basis of muscle braking / L. Fusi ... [et al.] -- Low concentration protein detection using novel SERS devices / Gobind Das ... [et al.] -- Near infrared three-dimensional nonlinear optical monitoring of stem cell differentiation / Uday K. Tirlapur and Clarence Yapp -- A correlative microscopy: a combination of light and electron microscopy / Umberto Fascio and Anna Sartori-Rupp.
- Optical imaging of cancer clinical applications 2009, Springer
- Optical imaging techniques in cell biology 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Optical polarization in biomedical applications 2006, Springer
- Optical techniques in regenerative medicine 2014, CRCnetBASE"This book is focused on the optical techniques that can be applied to regenerative medicine, including optical coherence tomography, acousto-optic imaging, Raman spectroscopy, machine vision, polarized light imaging, fibre optic sensors, second harmonic generation, multi-photon microscopy, coherent anti-Stokes Raman scattering, and polarized light imaging. It covers applications both in fundamental research and in the regenerative medicine industry for tissue engineering products. Each chapter gives an overview of a particular technique, its advantages and limitations in terms of structural and functional information provided, and examples of applications in regenerative medicine. The book provides a practical guide to the most appropriate techniques for a given application. It also offers a summary of major recent advances, such as use of machine vision for tracking growth of three-dimensional constructs in bioreactors and polarization sensitive optical coherence tomography for monitoring collagen alignment in cartilage growth"--Provided by publisher.
- Optimal control of nonlinear processes with applications in drugs, corruption, and terror 2008, Springer
- Optimal experimental design with R 2011, CRCnetBASE"Experimental design is often overlooked in the literature of applied and mathematical statistics: statistics is taught and understood as merely a collection of methods for analyzing data. Consequently, experimenters seldom think about optimal design, including prerequisites such as the necessary sample size needed for a precise answer for an experimental question. Providing a concise introduction to experimental design theory, Optimal Experimental Design with R: Introduces the philosophy of experimental design Provides an easy process for constructing experimental designs and calculating necessary sample size using R programs Teaches by example using a custom made R program package: OPDOE. Consisting of detailed, data-rich examples, this book introduces experimenters to the philosophy of experimentation, experimental design, and data collection. It gives researchers and statisticians guidance in the construction of optimum experimental designs using R programs, including sample size calculations, hypothesis testing, and confidence estimation. A final chapter of in-depth theoretical details is included for interested mathematical statisticians"--Back cover.
- Optimization in drug discovery in vitro methods. Second edition [2nd ed.] 2014, Springer ProtocolsThoroughly revised and updated, Optimization in Drug Discovery: In Vitro Methods, Second Edition presents a wide spectrum of in vitro assays including formulation, plasma binding, absorption and permeability, cytochrome P450 (CYP) and UDP-glucuronosyltransferases (UGT) metabolism, CYP inhibition and induction, drug transporters, drug-drug interactions via assessment of reactive metabolites, genotoxicity, and chemical and photo-mutagenicity assays. Written for the Methods in Pharmacology and Toxicology series, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Expert authors have developed and utilized these in vitro assays to achieve drug-like characteristics in addition to efficacy properties and good safety profiles of drug candidates. Comprehensive and up-to-date, Optimization in Drug Discovery: In Vitro Methods, Second Edition aims to guide researchers down the difficult path to successful drug discovery and development.
- Optimization in medicine 2008, Springer
- Optimization in medicine and biology 2008, CRCnetBASEClassification and disease prediction via mathematical programming / Eva K. Lee and Tsung-Lin Wu -- Using influence diagrams in cost-effectiveness analysis for medical decisions / Ram S. Duriseti -- Non-Bayesian classification to obtain high quality clinical decisions / Ram S. Duriseti -- Optimizing pediatric vaccine formularies / Shane N. Hall, Sheldon H. Jacobson, and Edward C. Sewell -- Optimal spending on HIV prevention and treatment : a framework for evaluating cost-effectiveness with example application to the India AIDS initiative / Margaret L. Brandeau ... [et al.] -- Optimization over graphs for kidney paired donation / Sommer E. Gentry -- Introduction to radiation therapy planning optimization / Gino J. Lim -- Beam orientation optimization methods in intensity modulated radiation therapy treatment planning / Dionne M. Aleman, H. Edwin Romeijn, and James F. Dempsey -- Multileaf collimator shape matrix decomposition / Thomas Kalinowski -- Optimal planning for radiation therapy / Mark Langer, Ronald Rardin, and Ali Tuncel -- Introduction to systems biology for mathematical programmers / Eivind Almaas, Allen Holder, and Kevin Livingstone -- Algorithms for genomics analysis / Eva K. Lee and Kapil Gupta -- Computational methods for probe design and selection / Claudio N. Meneses, Panos M. Pardalos, and Michelle A. Ragle -- Implementation of logical analysis of data for oligo probe selection / In-Yong Jang, Kwangsoo Kim, and Hong Seo Ryoo -- New dihedral angle measure for protein secondary prediction / Moon K. Kim, Yunho Jang, and J. MacGregor Smith -- Optimization of tumor virotherapy with recombinant measles viruses / Zeljko Bajzer ... [et al.] -- Combating microbial resistance to antimicrobial agents through dosing regimen optimization / Michael Nikolaou and Vincent H. Tam.
- Optimizing bone mass and strength the role of physical activity and nutrition during growth 2007, KargerOsteoporosis : a paediatric concern? / R.A. Faulkner, D.A. Bailey -- The biomechanical basis of bone strength development during growth / S.A. Kontulainen ... [et al.] -- The effect of exercise on bone mass and structural geometry during growth / R.M. Daly -- Evidence for an interaction between exercise and nutrition for improved bone health during growth B. Specker, M. Vukovich -- Gene-environmental interactions in the skeletal response to nutrition and exercise during growth / J.-P. Bonjour ... [et al.] -- The effect of energy balance on endocrine function and bone health in youth / C. Zanker, K. Hind -- Risk factors for fractures in normally active children and adolescents / A. Goulding -- Does exercise during growth prevent fractures in later life? / M.K. Karlsson -- Lessons learned from school-based skeletal loading intervention trials : putting research into practice / J.M. Hughes, S.A. Golner, M.A. Petit.
- Optimizing health improving the value of healthcare delivery 2006, SpringerForeword -- Preface -- Contributors -- Authors biographies -- FRAMEWORK OF CLINECS. "CLINECS": strategy and tactics to provide evidence of the usefulness of health care services from the patient's perspective (value for patients) -- Systems view of health care -- ETHICS AND PHILOSOPHY. ETHICS. Seeking justice in health care -- Evidence-based medicine and ethics: desired and undesired effects of screening -- PHILOSOPHY. Paradoxes of medical progress: abandoned patients, physicians, and nurses -- Theory behind the bridge principles -- PSYCHOLOGY. PSYCHOMETRICS. How to measure quality of life -- New instrument to describe indicators of well-being in old old patients with severe dementia: Vienna list -- CULTURE AND PSYCHOLOGY. Patient empowerment: increased compliance or total transformation? -- Shared decision making in medicine -- CLINICAL PRACTICE. PROBLEMS OFTEN OVERLOOKED. Overdiagnosis and pseudodisease: too much of a "good thing"? -- Palliative medicine today: evidence and culture -- Medical geography- who gets the goods? More may not be better -- Cancer survival in Europe and the United States -- QUALITY AND SAFETY. Patient safety: what does it mean in the United States? -- Increasing safety by implementing optimized team interaction: experience from the aviation industry -- Evidence-based information technology: concept for rational information processing in the health care system -- ECONOMICALLY ORIENTED ANALYSES. Cost-effectiveness analysis: measuring the value of health care services -- Cost-effectiveness of lung volume reduction surgery -- Health economic evaluation of adjuvant breast cancer treatment -- Aims and value of screening: is perceived safety a value for which to pay? -- CLINICAL EPIDEMIOLOGY. APPLICATIONS. Evidence-based health care seen from four points of view -- Efficacy, effectiveness, and efficiency of diagnostic technology -- Reduced mammographic screening may explain declines in breast carcinoma among older women -- "Fading of reported effectiveness" bias: longitudinal meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials -- Clinical research and outcomes research: common criteria and differences -- Are the results of randomized trials influenced by preference effects? Part I. Findings from a systematic review -- Are the results of randomized trials influenced by preference effects? Part II. Why current studies often fail to answer this question -- CONCLUSION AND OUTLOOK. Suggested changes in practice, research, and systems: clinical economics point of view -- Index.
- Optimizing women's health through nutrition 2008, CRCnetBASENeed to optimize the health of women / Lilian U. Thompson and Wendy E. Ward -- Sex-specific biology of the gastrointestinal tract / Marianne J. Legato -- Adolescence / Nicole Larson ... [et al.] -- Premenopause / Paula Skidmore and Aedin Cassidy -- Pregnancy and lactation / Lisa A. Houghton and Deborah L. O'Connor -- Menopause and midlife / Stacie E. Geller, Marci Goldstein Adams, and Laura Studee -- Obesity and weight management / Peter Clifton -- The metabolic syndrome and type 2 diabetes mellitus / Janet A. Vogt and Thomas M.S. Wolever -- Cardiovascular disease / Alice H. Lichtenstein and Nirupa R. Matthan -- Breast and ovarian cancer / Bette J. Caan and Cynthia A. Thomson -- Osteoporosis and osteoarthritis / Wendy E. Ward -- Rheumatoid arthritis / Lisa K. Stamp and Leslie G. Cleland -- Irritable bowel syndrome / Gerald E. Mullin and Linda A. Lee -- Eye health / Jennifer Evans -- Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia / Pasqualina Perrig-Chiello, Sara Hutchison, and Hannes B. Staehelin -- Depression and psychiatric disorders / Christina P.C. Borba and David C. Henderson -- Eating disorders / Richard E. Kreipe and Sophie Bucher Della Torre -- Oral health / Peter C. Fritz and Wendy E. Ward -- Conclusion: what we know, and where do we go from here / Lilian U. Thompson and Wendy E. Ward.
- Options for restructuring the Safe and Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act report with background papers and focus group summary Rand
- Options in the management of the open abdomen 2015, Springer
- Optogenetics. Tools for controlling and monitoring neuronal activity. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirectOptogenetics is a fast-growing field concerning the invention, and use, of molecules that are genetically expressed in cells, and then either report on cellular physiology in optical form, or enable control of specific pathways in cells when actuated by light. This book reviews the current state, as well as the underlying principles and future directions, of a diversity of optogenetic tools of importance for observing and controlling cellular signaling and physiology. These tools are already revolutionizing neuroscience, and are starting to have impact on fields ranging from metabolism to
- Oracle PL/SQL best practices ProQuest Safari
- Oracle PL/SQL programming. 4th ed. 2005, ProQuest Safari
- Oracle SQL*Loader the definitive guide ProQuest Safari
- Oracle SQL*Plus pocket reference. 2nd ed. 2002, ProQuest Safari
View by page
- Ob/gyn secrets. Updated 3rd ed. — On call procedures. 2nd ed. (100)
- On call surgery. 3rd ed. — Oracle SQL*Plus pocket reference. 2nd ed. (100)
- Oracle SQL*Plus the definitive guide. 2nd ed. — Outcomes assessment in cancer measures, methods, and applications (100)
- Outer membrane vesicles of bacteria — Ozone a new medical drug. 2nd ed. (60)
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Access restricted to Stanford community
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
Can't find it?
Look if we have it in print
- Springer Protocols
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Large number of high quality software and database programming titles from O'Reilly. Other software titles are also available from Sams and Prentice Hall. Limited to 7 concurrent users.Vast collection of software and database programming titles from multiple publishers, including Microsoft Press.Largest provider of engineering-related eBooks; includes titles in computer science and biomedical engineering.Over 4,000 full-text e-books covering scientific and technical information from CRC Press and others. Many handbooks and single volume reference sources.A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more. Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.Includes peer-reviewed life science and biomedical research protocols compiled from Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods in Molecular Medicine, Methods in Biotechnology, Methods in Pharmacology and Toxicology, Neuromethods, the Biomethods Handbook, the Proteomics Handbook, and Springer Laboratory Manuals.Contains full text access to selected biomedical and nursing books.Provides one-click access to important clinical resources; includes evidence-based diagnosis and treatment guidelines, Books, EBM articles, Ovid MEDLINE, Drug facts and comparisons, Drug interaction facts, guidelines from National Guideline Clearinghouse, patient handouts (English and Spanish), and local content.ClinicalKey provides access to textbooks, electronic journals, practice guidelines, drug information, and patient education handouts.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.Provides online, full-text access to Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers. Subjects include: life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics and astronomy, engineering and economics. Also includes eBooks.Collection of over 8 thousand fulltext titles in engineering, math, and basic and applied biomedical research. Coverage is from 1967 to the present.A library of ebooks on a wide array of topics, digitized and made available online in conjunction with the original publishers.