- N-acetylaspartate ......................
- — Neuroacanthocytosis syndromes II .......
- Neuroactive steroids in brain functio...
- — Neuroscience of clinical psychiatry ....
- Neuroscience of hallucinations .........
- — Novel apoptotic regulators in carcino...
- Novel developments in stem cell mobil...
- — Nutritionally enhanced edible oil and...
- N-acetylaspartate 2006, Springer
- Nadas' Pediatric cardiology. 2nd ed. 2006, MD ConsultThe NADAS years at children's hospital -- Cardiology at children's hospital Boston: today and into the future -- Embryology -- Morphologic anatomy -- Segmental approach to diagnosis -- Dysmorphology and genetics -- Fetal and transitional circulation -- Congestive heart failure -- Hypoxemia -- Central nervous system sequelae of congenital heart disease -- Pulmonary hypertension -- History, growth, nutrition, physical examination, and routine laboratory tests -- Electrocardiography and introduction to electrophysiologic techniques -- Imaging techniques: echocardiography, magnetic resonance imaging, and computerized tomography -- Cardiac catheterization -- Assessment of ventricular and myocardial performance -- Exercise testing -- Sedation and anesthesia in cardiac procedures -- Intensive care unit -- Methodological issues for database development: trends -- Methodological issues in clinical research -- Contemporary pediatric cardiovascular nursing -- Innocent murmurs, syncope, and chest pain -- Preventive heart disease: dyslipidemia and hypertension (systemic) -- Rheumatic fever -- Kawasaki disease -- Cardiomyopathies -- Pericardial diseases -- Infective endocarditis -- Cardiac arrhythmias -- Ventricular septal defect -- Pulmonary stenosis -- Tetralogy of fallot -- Aortic outflow abnormalities -- Atrial septal defect -- Patient ductus arteriosus -- Coarctation of the aorta -- D-transposition of the great arteries -- Endocardial cushion defects -- Cardiac malpositions and the heterotaxy syndromes -- Mitral valve and left atrial lesions -- Hypoplastic left heart syndrome, mitral atresia, and aortic atresia -- Pulmonary atresia and intact ventricular septum -- Double-outlet right ventricle -- Single ventricle -- Tricuspid atresia -- Tricuspid valve problems -- Truncus arteriosus -- Total anomalous pulmonary venous return -- Aortopulmonary window -- Origin of a pulmonary artery from the aorta (hemitruncus) -- "Corrected" transposition of the great arteries -- Vascular fistulae -- Coronary artery anomalies -- Vascular rings and slings -- Cardiac tumors -- Adult congenital heart disease -- Neonatal and infant cardiac surgery -- Surgical management of the patient with the univentricular heart -- Minimally invasive and robotically assisted cardiovascular surgery, and extracorporeal membrane oxygenation -- Current and future cardiovascular organ and tissue replacement therapies -- Cardiac excitability and heritable arrhythmias.
- Nails. 3rd ed. 2005Print Material
- Nano meets macro 2010, CRCnetBASEAnnotation"This book explores the enormous diversity in social perspectives on the emergence of nanoscale sciences and technologies. It points to four nodes of interest where nano meets macro: in the making, in the public eye, in the big questions, and in the tough decisions. Each node draws attention to important lines of research and pertinent issues. The book is designed for interdisciplinary teaching, but the richness of issues and perspectives makes it of interest to all researchers, practitioners, and non-academics wanting an introduction to social perspectives on nanoscale sciences and technologies."
- Nano-biotechnology for biomedical and diagnostic research 2012, SpringerBiomolecule/nanomaterial hybrid systems for nanobiotechnology -- Superresolution optical fluctuation imaging (SOFI) -- Application of nanoparticles for the detection and sorting of pathogenic bacteria by flow-cytometry -- Advancing nanostructured porous si-based optical transducers for label free bacteria detection -- Gold fibers as a platform for biosensing -- Surface-enhanced raman spectroscopy of organic molecules adsorbed on metallic nanoparticles -- Quantum dots and fluorescent protein FRET-based biosensors -- Semiconductor quantum dots as FRET acceptors for multiplexed diagnostics and molecular ruler application -- Assembly and microscopic characterization of DNA origami structures -- DNA nanotechnology -- Role of carbohydrate receptors in the macrophage uptake of dextran-coated iron oxide nanoparticles -- Toxicity of gold nanoparticles on somatic and reproductive cells -- Ultrasound activated nano-encapsulated targeted drug delivery and tumour cell poration -- Ultrasound mediated localized drug delivery -- Sonochemical proteinaceous microspheres for wound healing -- Alendronate liposomes for antitumor therapy: activation of [gamma] [delta] T cells and inhibition of tumor growth.
- Nanobiotechnology Wileyv. 2, 2007 Wiley[v. 1]. Concepts, applications, and perspectives -- 1 . Biocompatible inorganic devices / Thomas Sawitowski -- 2. Microfluidics meets nano : lab-on-a-chip devices and their potential for nanobiotechnology / Holger Bartos, Friedrich Götz, and Ralf-Peter Peters -- 3. Microcontact printing of proteins / Emmanuel Delamarche -- 4. Cell-nanostructure interactions / Joachim P. Spatz -- 5. Defined networks of neuronal cells in vitro / Andreas Offenhäusser and Angela K. Vogt -- 6. S-Layers / Uwe B. Sleytr ... [et al.] -- 7. Engineered nanopores / Hagan Bayley ... [et al.] -- 8. Genetic approaches to programmed assembly / Stanley Brown -- 9. Microbial nanoparticle production / Murali Sastry ... [et al.] -- 10. Magnetosomes : nanoscale magnetic iron minerals in bacteria / Richard B. Frankel and Dennis A. Bazylinski -- 11. Bacteriorhodopsin and its potential in technical applications / Norbert Hampp and Dieter Oesterhelt -- 12. Polymer Nanocontainers / Alexandra Graff ... [et al.] -- 13. Biomolecular motors operating in engineered environments / Stefan Diez, Jonne H. Helenius, and Jonathon Howard -- 14. Nanoparticle-biomaterial hybrid systems for bioelectronic devices and circuitry / Eugenii Katz and Itamar Willner -- 15. DNA-protein nanostructures / Christof M. Neimeyer -- 16. DNA-templated electronics / Erez Braun and Uri Sivan -- 17. Biomimetic fabrication of DNA-based metallic nanowires and networks / Michael Mertig and Wolfgang Pompe -- 18. Mineralization in nanostructured biocompartments : biomimetic ferritins for high-density data storage / Eric L. Mayes and Stephen Mann -- 19. DNA-gold nanoparticle conjugates / C. Shad Thaxton and Chad A. Mirkin -- 20. DNA nanostructures for mechanics and computing : nonlinear thinking with life's central molecule / Nadrian C. Seeman -- 21. Nanoparticles as non-viral transfection agents / M.N.V. Ravi Kumar, Udo Bakowsky, and Claus-Michael Lehr -- 22. Luminescent quantum dots for biological labeling / Xiaohu Gao and Shuming Nie -- 23. Nanoparticle molecular labels / James F. Hainfeld, Richard D. Powell, and Gerhard W. Hacker -- 24. Surface biology : analysis of biomolecular structure by atomic force microscopy and molecular pulling / Emin Oroudjev, Signe Danielsen and Helen G. Hansma -- 25. Force spectroscopy / Markus Seitz -- 26. Biofunctionalized nanoparticles for surface-enhanced raman scattering and surface plasmon resonance / Mahnaz El-Kouedi and Christine D. Keating -- 27. Bioconjugated silica nanoparticles for bioanalytical applications / Timothy J. Drake, Xiaojun Julia Zhao, and Weihong Tan. --v. 2. More concepts and applications -- Part I. Self-Assembly and Nanoparticles: Novel Principles -- ch. 1. Self-Assembled Artificial Transmembrane Ion Channels / Mary S. Gin, Emily G. Schmidt and Pinaki Talukdar, p. 1-15 -- ch. 2. Self-Assembling Nanostructures from Coiled-Coil Peptides / Maxim G. Ryadnov and Derek N. Woolfson, p. 17-38 -- ch. 3. Synthesis and Assembly of Nanoparticles and Nanostructures Using Bio-Derived Templates / Erik Dujardin and Stephen Mann, p. 39-63 -- ch. 4. Proteins and Nanoparticles: Covalent and Noncovalent Conjugates / Rochelle R. Arvizo, Mrinmoy De and Vincent M. Rotello, p. 65-78 -- ch. 5. Self-Assembling DNA Nanostructures for Patterned Molecular Assembly / Thomas H. LaBean, Kurt V. Gothelf and John H. Reif, p. 79-97 -- ch. 6. Biocatalytic Growth of Nanoparticles for Sensors and Circuitry / Ronan Baron, Bilha Willner and Itamar Willner, p. 99-121 -- Part II. Nanostructures for Analytics -- ch. 7. Nanoparticles for Electrochemical Bioassays / Joseph Wang, p. 123-140 -- ch. 8. Luminescent Semiconductor Quantum Dots in Biology / Thomas Pons, Aaron R. Clapp, Igor L. Medintz and Hedi Mattoussi, p. 141-157 -- ch. 9. Nanoscale Localized Surface Plasmon Resonance Biosensors / Katherine A. Willets, W. Paige Hall, Leif J. Sherry, Xiaoyu Zhang, Jing Zhao and Richard P. Van Duyne, p. 159-173 -- ch. 10. Cantilever Array Sensors for Bioanalysis and Diagnostics / Hans Peter Lang, Martin Hegner and Christoph Gerber, p. 175-195 -- ch. 11. Shear-Force-Controlled Scanning Ion Conductance Microscopy / Tilman E. Schäffer, Boris Anczykowski, Matthias Böcker and Harald Fuchs, p. 197-212 -- ch. 12. Label-Free Nanowire and Nanotube Biomolecular Sensors for In-Vitro Diagnosis of Cancer and other Diseases / James R. Heath, p. 213-232 -- ch. 13. Bionanoarrays / Rafael A. Vega, Khalid Salaita, Joseph J. Kakkassery and Chad A. Mirkin, p. 233-259 -- Part III. Nanostructures for Medicinal Applications --. ch. 14. Biological Barriers to Nanocarrier-Mediated Delivery of Therapeutic and Imaging Agents, p. 261-284 / Rudy Juliano -- ch. 15. Organic Nanoparticles: Adapting Emerging Techniques from the Electronics Industry for the Generation of Shape-Specific, Functionalized Carriers for Applications in Nanomedicine / Larken E. Euliss, Julie A. DuPont and Joseph M. DeSimone, p. 285-303 -- ch. 16. Poly(amidoamine Dendrimer-Based Multifunctional Nanoparticles / Thommey P. Thomas, Rameshwer Shukla, Istvan J. Majoros, Andrzej Myc and James R. Baker, p. 305-319 -- ch. 17. Nanoparticle Contrast Agents for Molecular Magnetic Resonance Imaging / Young-Wook Jun, Jae-Hyun Lee and Jinwoo Cheon, p. 321-346 -- ch. 18. Micro- and Nanoscale Control of Cellular Environment for Tissue Engineering / Ali Khademhosseini, Yibo Ling, Jeffrey M. Karp and Robert Langer, p. 347-364 -- ch. 19. Diagnostic and Therapeutic Targeted Perfluorocarbon Nanoparticles / Patrick M. Winter, Shelton D. Caruthers, Gregory M. Lanza and Samuel A. Wickline, p. 365-380 -- Part IV. Nanomotors -- ch. 20. Biological Nanomotors / Manfred Schliwa, p. 381-399 -- ch. 21. Biologically Inspired Hybrid Nanodevices / David Wendell, Eric Dy, Jordan Patti and Carlo D. Montemagno, p. 401-418.
- Nanobiotechnology protocols 2005, Springer ProtocolsApplications of quantum dots in biology: an overview -- Fluoroimmunoassays using antibody-conjugated quantum dots -- Labeling cell-surface proteins via antibody quantum dot streptavidin conjugates -- Peptide-conjugated quantum dots: imaging the angiotensin type 1 receptor in living cells -- Quantum dot-encoded beads -- Use of nanobarcodes particles in bioassays -- Assembly and characterization of biomolecule-gold nanoparticle conjugates and their use in intracellular imaging -- Whole-blood immunoassay facilitated by gold nanoshell-conjugate antibodies -- Assays for selection of single-chain fragment variable recombinant antibodies to metal nanoclusters -- Surface-functionalized nanoparticles for controlled drug delivery -- Screening of combinatorial peptide libraries for nanocluster synthesis -- Structural DNA nanotechnology: an overview -- Nanostructured DNA templates -- Probing DNA structure with nanoparticles -- Synthetic nanoscale elements for delivery of materials into viable cells -- Real-time cell dynamics with a multianalyte physiometer
- Nanocarrier technologies 2006, Springer
- Nanomaterial 2014, Springer
- Nanomaterials and nanosystems for biomedical applications 2007, SpringerMicro and nano systems in biomedicine and drug delivery / Nesrin Hasirci -- Newlipid- and glycolipid-based nanosystems for targeted gene delivery: cholenims, glycoclips, and chitosan / R.I. Zhdanov ... [et. al] -- Artificial implants - new developments and associated problems / Abdelwahab Omri -- Niosomes as nanocarrier systems / Nefise Ozlen Sahin -- Starch - a potential biomaterial for biomedical application / Lovedeep Kaur, Jaspreet Singh, Qiang Liu -- Alternative applications for drug delivery: nasal and pulmonary routes / A. Yekta Ozer -- An overview of lipsome-derived nanocarrier technologies / M. Reza Mozafari, Kianoush Khosravi-Darani -- Uptake studies of free and liposomal sclareol by MCF-7 and H-460 human cancer cell lines / Agnes Paradissi ... [et. al] -- Release advantages of a liposomal dendrimer- doxorubicin complex, over conventional liposomal formulation of doxorubicin / Aristarchos Papagiannoros, Costas Demetzos -- Applications of light and electron microscopic techniques in liposome research / A. Yekta Ozer.
- Nanomaterials handbook 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Nanomedicine 2011, KargerSpeakers at the symposium -- Nanoscale drug delivery/drug design -- Nanotoxicity -- Diagnostics and imaging -- Therapeutic applications -- Antibody therapies.
- Nanomedicine 2009, CRCnetBASEThis book offers a fundamental and comprehensive overview of nanomedicine from a systems engineering perspective, making it the first book in the field of quantitative nanomedicine based on systems theory. It will advance knowledge of nanoscale science and engineering by efficiently employing quantitative tools for fundamental biomedical engineering and biological science research. The book starts by introducing the concept of nanomedicine, and provides basic mathematical modeling techniques that can be used to model nanoscale biomedical and biological systems. It then demonstrates how this id.
- Nanomedicine and cancer 2012, CRCnetBASENanomedicine-based use of sirna in cancer / Guillermo N. Armaiz-Pena ... [et al.] -- Nanocarriers for gene delivery / Conchita Tros de Ilarduya and Gloria Gonzalez-Aseguinolaza -- Cancer cell photothermolysis and gold nanorod surface plasmons / Cheng-Lung Chen and Yang-Yuan Chen -- Tocotrienol loaded lipid nanoparticles in cancer / Sami Nazzal and Paul W. Sylvester -- Utilization of magnetic nanoparticles for cancer therapy / Deryl L. Troyer and Stefan H. Bossmann -- Nanoparticle probes and molecular imaging in cancer / Dongfang Liu and Ning Gu -- Iron and ethylcellulose nanoplatforms for cancer targeting / José L. Arias, Margarita López-Viota, and Ma Adolfina Ruiz -- Matrix scaffolds in cancer cell biology, physiological representation and nanoscale characterisation / Hsin-ya Chien ... [et al.] -- Fluorescence nanoprobe imaging tumor by sensing the acidic microenvironment / Lu Wang and Cong Li -- Magnetic nanorings and nanotubes for cancer detection and therapy / Hai Ming Fan and Malini Olivo -- Silicon nanowire arrays and other silicon nanostructures and their clinical applications to cancer / Murugan Veerapandian and Min-Ho Lee -- Silver nanomedicine and cancer / ... [et al.] -- Nanobubbles and their putative application to cancer medicine / Tianyi M. Krupka and Agata A. Exner -- Nano-strategies in the delivery of antitumor drugs to cancer / José L. Arias -- Gene silencing with sirna encapsulated nanoparticles to overcome tumor multidrug resistance / Mansoor M. Amiji, Francis Hornicek, and Zhenfeng Duan -- Nano-flow liquid chromatography mass spectrometric analysis of glycans in cancer / S. Hunter Walker and David C. Muddiman -- Composite nano-sensor arrays technology in lung cancer / Silvano Dragonieri, Giorgio Pennazza, and Marco Santonico -- Nano arsenic oxide (As2o3)/(Fe2o3) iron oxide complexes for liver cancer / Ziyu Wang and Dongsheng Zhang -- Hepatocellular carcinoma and midkine-antisense oligonucleotide-loaded nanoparticles / Licheng Dai, Yaoxing and Zhongjing -- Nanotechnology and nanostructures applied to head and neck cancer / Erik C. Dreaden, Mostafa A. El-Sayed, and Ivan H. El-Sayed.
- Nanomedicine and drug delivery 2012, CRCnetBASE
- Nanomedicine and the cardiovascular system 2012, CRCnetBASE"The nanosciences are a rapidly expanding field of research with applicability to all areas of health and disease prevention, including cardiology in its broadest sense. This book covers a variety of nano subjects and areas as applied to the heart and circulatory system. There are state-of-the-art chapters on nanoparticles, nanowires, nanoscale topography, nanosensors, nanospheres, nanospin probes, nanomatrices and nanobubbles to name but a few topics. Their applications to cardiovascular disorders and their treatments are also described"--Provided by publisher.
- Nanomedicine in drug delivery 2013, CRCnetBASENanoparticles in drug delivery systems / Emilio Castro and Arun Kumar -- Synthesis and characterization of nanoencapsulated drugs / Arun Kumar, Ashley E. Saienni, and Niketa Dixit -- Nanoparticles for pulmonary drug delivery / Heidi M. Mansour, Chun-Woong Park, and Don Hayes -- Biological systems for the delivery of nanoparticles / Niketa Dixit ... [et al.] -- Nanodermatology : giant role of nanotechnology in diagnosis and treatment of skin disease / Adam Friedman -- Nanoparticles for drug delivery of small molecules / Ana Sofia Macedo and Eliana B. Souto -- Nanoparticle therapies for wounds and ulcer healing / Chiara Gardin ... [et al.] -- Nanoparticles in bioimaging / Javier L. Pou Ucha -- Nanoparticles in anticancer drug delivery / Frederic Lagarce -- Formulations of nanoparticles in drug delivery / Sushama Talegaonkar -- Nanoparticles for ocular drug delivery / Jaleh Barar -- Toxicology of nanoparticles / Eric R. Blough -- Animal and cellular models for use in nanoparticles safety study / Kevin M. Rice and Eric R. Blough.
- Nanomedicine in health and disease 2011, CRCnetBASENanomedicine : an introduction / Lajos P. Balogh -- The regulation of nanomedicine / Joel D'Silva and Diana Bowman -- Nanotubes and their application to nanomedicine / Gianni Ciofani -- Nanoparticles for topical application / Kerriann R. Greenhalgh -- Nanocrystal formulations for improved delivery / Jan Möschwitzer and Rainer H. Müller -- Antioxidant nanoparticles / Beverly A. Rzigalinski ... [et al.] -- Lipid nanocapsules in nanomedicine / Marie Morille ... [et al.] -- Nanotheragnostic colloids in disease / José L. Arias -- Nanotechnology in controlling infectious disease / Rehab Amin -- Virus-based nanoparticles as tools for biomedicine / Stefan Franzen, Steven A. Lommel, and Bruce Oberhardt -- Safety of nanoparticles in medicine / Maria Dusinska ... [et al.] -- Pulmonary drug delivery with nanoparticles / Moritz Beck-Broichsitter ... [et al.] -- Carbon nanotubes in infectious diseases / Yitzhak Rosen ... [et al.] -- Radiation protection with nanoparticles / Cheryl H. Baker -- Nanoparticle therapy in arthritis / José L. Arias -- Phospholipid-based nanomicelles in cancer nanomedicine / Hayat Onyuksel and Amrita Banerjee -- Tumor-specific liposomal nanomedicines : antitumor antibody-modified doxorubicin-loaded liposomes / Tamer Elbayoumi and Vladimir Torchilin -- Nanomedicine in blood diseases / Denis B. Buxton -- Nanomedicine and neurodegenerative disorders / Ari Nowacek ... [et al.] -- Nanotechnological applications in tissue and implant / Viswanathan S. Saji and Han-Cheol Choe.
- Nanomedicine. Cancer, diabetes, and cardiovascular, central nervous system, pulmonary and inflammatory diseases. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirect
- Nanomedicine. Infectious diseases, immunotherapy, diagnostics, antifibrotics, toxicology, and gene medicine. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirectEnhanced antiviral activity of acyclovir loaded into nanoparticles / Roberta Cavalli ... [et al.] -- Gold manno-glyconanoparticles for intervening in HIV gp120 carbohydrate-mediated processes/ Paolo Di Gianvincenzo ... [et al.] -- Nanoparticle-mediated targeted delivery of antiretrovirals to the brain / Supriya D. Mahajan ... [et al.] -- Antibacterial activity of doxycycline-loaded nanoparticles / Ranjita Misra and Sanjeeb K. Sahoo -- Antimicrobial properties of electrically formed elastomeric polyurethane-copper oxide nanocomposites for medical and dental applications / Z. Ahmad ... [et al.] -- Gastrointestinal delivery of anti-inflammatory nanoparticles / Hamed Laroui, Shanthi V. Sitaraman, and Didier Merlin -- Chitosan-based nanoparticles as a hepatitis B antigen delivery system / Filipa Lebre ... [et al.] -- Targeting nanoparticles to dendritic cells for immunotherapy / Luis J. Cruz ... [et al.] -- Protein-carbon nanotube sensors : single platform integrated micro clinical lab for monitoring blood analytes / Sowmya Viswanathan ... [et al.] -- Investigating the toxic effects of iron oxide nanoparticles / Stefaan J. Soenen ... [et al.] -- Cytotoxicity of gold nanoparticles / Yu Pan, Matthias Bartneck, and Willi Jahnen-Dechent -- Design of target-seeking antifibrotic compounds / Tero A.H. Järvinen -- Design and fabrication of N-alkyl-polyethylenimine-stabilized iron oxide nanoclusters for gene delivery / Gang Liu ... [et al.] -- Cell-penetrating peptide-based systems for nucleic acid delivery : a biological and biophysical approach / Sara Trabulo ... [et al.] -- Multifunctional envelope-type nano device (MEND) for organelle targeting via a stepwise membrane fusion process / Yuma Yamada, Hidetaka Akita, and Hideyoshi Harashima -- Lipopolyplexes as nanomedicines for therapeutic gene delivery / Leire García ... [et al.] -- Interfering nanoparticles for silencing microRNAs / Huricha Baigude and Tariq M. Rana -- Genetic nanomedicine : gene delivery by targeted lipoplexes / Nejat Nejat Düzgüneş and Conchita Tros de Ilarduya.
- Nanoneuroscience and nanoneuropharmacology 2009, ScienceDirect
- Nanoparticles 2004, Wileych. 1. General introducition -- ch. 2. Quantum dots / Wolfgang Johann Parak, Liberato Manna, Friedrich Christian Simmel, Daniele Gerion, Paul Alivisatos -- ch. 3a. Syntheses and characterizations : Semiconductor nanoparticles / Alexander Eychmüller, Uri Banin, Stefanie Dehnen, Andreas Eichhöfer, John F. Corrigan, Dieter Fenske -- ch. 3b. Syntheses and characterizations : Synthesis of metal nanoparticles / John S. Bradley, Günter Schmid, Dmitri V. Talapin, Elena V. Shevchenko, Horst Weller -- ch. 4. Organization of nanoparticles / Alexander Eychmüller -- ch. 5. Properties / Uri Banin, Oded Millo -- ch. 6. Biomaterial-nanoparticle hybrid systems : synthesis, properties, and applications / Eugenii Katz, Andrew N. Shipway, Itamar Willner -- ch. 7. Conclusions and perspectives.
- Nanoparticles in biomedical imaging 2008, Springer
- Nanoparticles in medicine and environment 2010, Springer
- Nanoparticulate drug delivery systems 2007, CRCnetBASENanoparticulate drug-delivery systems: an overview / Deepak Thassu, Yashwant Pathak and Michel Deleers -- Nanosuspensions for parenteral delivery / Barrett E. Rabinow -- Nanoparticles prepared using natural and synthetic polymers / Sudhir S. Chakravarthi, Dennis H. Robinson and Sinjan De -- Nanofiber-based drug delivery / Matthew D. Burke and Dmitry Luzhansky -- Drug nanocrystals - the universal formulation approach for poorly soluble drugs / Jan Möschwitzer and Rainer H. Müller -- Lipid-based nanoparticulate drug delivery systems / Jun Wu, Xiaobin Zhao and Robert J. Lee -- Nanoengineering of drug delivery systems / Ashwath Jayagopal and V. Prasad Shastri -- Aerosol flow reactor method for the synthesis of multicomponent drug nano- and microparticles / Janne Raula ... [et al.] -- Supercooled smectic nanoparticles / Heike Bunjes and Judith Kuntsche -- Biological and engineering considerations for developing tumor-targeting metallic nanoparticle drug-delivery systems / Giulio F. Paciotti and Lawrence Tamarkin -- Biological requirements for nanotherapeutic applications / Joseph F. Chiang -- Role of nanobiotechnology in the development of nanomedicine / K.K. Jain -- Pharmaceutical applications of nanoparticulate drug-delivery systems / Yashwant Pathak, Deepak Thassu and Michel Deleers -- Lipid nanoparticles (solid lipid nanoparticles and nanostructured lipid carriers) for cosmetic, dermal, and transdermal applications / Eliana B. Souto and Rainer H. Müller -- Nano-carriers of drugs and genes for the treatment of restenosis / Einat Cohen-Sela ... [et al.] -- Ocular applications of nanoparticulate drug-delivery systems / Annick Ludwig -- Nanoparticulate systems for central nervous system drug delivery / Jean-Christophe Olivier and Manuela Pereira de Oliveira -- Nanoparticles for gene delivery: formulation characteristics / Jaspreet K. Vasir and Vinod Labhasetwar -- Gastrointestinal applications of nanoparticulate drug-delivery systems / Maria Rosa Gasco -- Nanoparticles as adjuvant-vectors for vaccination / Socorro Espuelas ... [et al.] -- Transdermal applications of nanoparticulates / Jongwon Shim.
- Nanopathology 2008, CRCnetBASEDescribes the impact of nanoparticles and microparticles on human and animal health and offers criteria for preventing potential problems deriving from these particles.
- Nanophotonics 2004, Wileych. 1. Introduction -- ch. 2. Foundations for nanophotonics -- ch. 3. Near-field interaction and microscopy -- ch. 4. Quantum-confined materials -- ch. 5. Plasmonics -- ch. 6. Nanocontrol of excitation dynamics -- ch. 7. Growth and characterization of nanomaterials -- ch. 8. Nanostructured molecular architectures -- ch. 9. Photonic crystals -- ch. 10. Nanocomposites -- ch. 11. Nanolithography -- ch. 12. Biomaterials and nanophotonics -- ch. 13. Nanophotonics for biotechnology and nanomedicine -- ch. 14. Nanophotonics and the marketplace.
- Nanoscale materials in chemistry 2001, Wileych. 1. Introduction to the nanoworld / Kenneth J. Klabunde -- ch. 2. Metals / Gunter Schmid -- ch. 3. Semiconductor nanocrystals / M.P. Pileni -- ch. 4. Ceramics / Abbas Khaleel and Ryan M. Richards -- ch. 5. Metal nanoparticles : double layers, optical properties, and electrochemistry / Paul Mulvaney -- ch. 6. Magnetism / C.M. Sorensen -- ch. 7. Chemical and catalytic aspects of nanocrystals / Kenneth J. Klabunde and Ravichandra S. Mulukutla -- ch. 8. Specific heats and melting points of nanocrystalline materials / Olga Koper and Slawomir Winecki -- ch. 9. Applications of nanocrystals / John Parker.
- Nanoscale technology in biological systems 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Nanoscience in biomedicine 2009, SpringerStem Cells and Nanostructured Materials / Vince Beachley and Xuejun Wen -- Biomedical Polymer Nanofibers for Emerging Technology / Kwideok Park, Won Ho Park, Jun Sik Son and Dong Keun Han -- Nanoscale Mechanisms for Assembly of Biomaterials / Zhijie Sui and William L. Murphy -- Fabrication and Assembly of Nanomaterials and Nanostructures for Biological Detections / Qingkai Yu and Jie Lian -- Nanostructured Materials Constructed from Polypeptides / Peng Jing, Jangwook P. Jung and Joel H. Collier -- Photoluminescent Carbon Nanomaterials: Properties and Potential Applications / Yaping Sun, Fushen Lu, Xin Wang, Li Cao and Yi Lin, et al. -- Microwave-assisted Synthesis and Processing of Biomaterials / Yingjie Zhu and Jiang Chang -- Characterizing Biointerfaces and Biosurfaces in Biomaterials Design / Kalpana S. Katti, Devendra Verma and Dinesh R. Katti -- Carbon Nanotubes for Electrochemical and Electronic Biosensing Applications / Ningyi Liu, Qing Zhang, Mary B Chan-Park, Changming Li and Peng Chen -- Heparin-Conjugated Nanointerfaces for Biomedical Applications / Ki Dong Park, Yoon Ki Joung, Jin Woo Bae and Dong Hyun Go -- Inorganic Nanoparticles for Biomedical Applications / Mei Chee Tan, Gan Moog Chow, Lei Ren and Qiqing Zhang -- Nano Metal Particles for Biomedical Applications / Kyung A. Kang, Bin Hong and Hanzhu Jin --Micro- and Nanoscale Technologies in High-Throughput Biomedical Experimentation / Vikramaditya G. Yadav, Mark D. Brigham, Ling Yibo, Christopher Rivest and Utkan Demirci, et al. -- Delivery System of Bioactive Molecules for Regenerative Medicine / Gilson Khang, Yoon Sun Jung, Soon Hee Kim, Moon Suk Kim and Hai Bang Lee -- Modification of Nano-sized Materials for Drug Delivery / Tao Xu, Heather L. Nichols, Ning Zhang and Xuejun Wen -- Polymeric Nano Micelles as a Drug Carrier / Moon Suk Kim, Hyun Hoon, Gilson Khang and Hai Bang Lee -- DNA Nanotechnology / Junping Zhang and Roger J. Narayan -- Nanoscale Bioactive Surfaces and Endosseous Implantology / Yunzhi Yang, Yongxing Liu, Sangwon Park, Hyunseung Kim and Kwangmin Lee, et al. -- Carbon Nanotube Smart Materials for Biology and Medicine / Yeo Heung Yun, Vesselin N. Shanov, Adam Bange, William R. Heineman and H. Brian Halsall, et al. -- Microscopic Modeling of Phonon Modes in Semiconductor Nanocrystals / Wei Cheng, Shangfen Ren and David T. Marx -- Fracture Processes in Advanced Nanocrystalline and Nanocomposite Materials / I. A. Ovid'ko -- Synthesis, Properties and Application of Conducting PPY Nanoparticles / Xingui Li, Meirong Huang and Yunbin Xie -- Field Emission of Carbon Nanotubes / Baoqing Zeng and Zhifeng Ren -- Flexible Dye-Sensitized Nano-Porous Films Solar Cells / Dongshe Zhang, Tony Pereira, Torsten Oekermann, Katrin Wessels and Changyong Qin, et al. -- Magnetic Nanofluids: Synthesis and Structure / L. Vékás, M. V. Avdeev and Doina Bica.
- Nanoscopy and multidimensional optical fluorescence microscopy 2010, CRCnetBASESTED microscopy with compact light sources / Lars Kastrup ... [et al.] -- Nonlinear fluorescence imaging by saturated excitation / Nicholas I. Smith ... [et al.] -- Far-field fluorescence microscopy of cellular structures at molecular optical resolution / Christoph Cremer ... [et al.] -- Fluorescence microscopy with extended depth of field / Kai Wicker and Rainer Heintzmann -- Single particle tracking / Kevin Braeckmans ... [et al.] -- Fluorescence correlation spectroscopy / Xianke Shi and Thorsten Wohland -- Two-photon excitation microscopy: a superb wizard for fluorescence imaging / Francesca Cella and Alberto Diaspro -- Photobleaching minimization in single- and multi-photon fluorescence imaging / Partha Pratim Mondal ... [et al.] -- Applications of second harmonic generation imaging microscopy / Paolo Bianchini and Alberto Diaspro -- Green fluorescent proteins as intracellular pH indicators / Fabio Beltram ... [et al.] --Fluorescence photoactivation localization microscopy / Manasa V. Gudheti, Travis J. Gould, and Samuel T. Hess -- Molecular resolution of cellular biochemistry and physiology by FRET/FLIM / Fred S. Wouters and Gertrude Bunt -- FRET-based determination of protein complex structure at nanometer length scale in living cells / Valerică Raicu -- Automation in multidimensional fluorescence microscopy: novel instrumentation and applications in biomedical research / Mario Faretta -- Optical manipulation, photonic devices, and their use in microscopy / G. Cojoc ... [et al.] -- Optical tweezers microscopy: piconewton forces in cell and molecular biology / Francesco Difato ... [et al.] -- In vivo spectroscopic imaging of biological membranes and surface imaging for high-throughput screening / Jo L. Richens ... [et al.] -- Near-field optical microscopy: insight on the nanometer-scale organization of the cell membrane / Davide Normanno, Thomas van Zanten, and María F. García-Parajo.
- Nanostructure design 2008, Springer ProtocolsMolecular design of performance proteins with repetitive sequences, recombinant flagelliform spider silk as basis for biomaterials / Charlotte Vendrely, ... [et al.] -- Creation of hybrid nanorods from sequences of natural trimeric fibrous proteins by use of the fibritin trimerization motif / Katerina Papanikolopoulou, Mark J. van Raaij, Anna Mitraki -- Leucine zipper as a building block for self-assembled protein fibers / Maxim G Ryadnov, David Papapostolou, Derek N Woolfson -- Bioimimetic synthesis of bimorphic nanostructures / Joseph M. Slocik, Rajesh R. Naik -- Synthesis and primary characterization of self-assembled peptide-based hydrogels / Radhika P. Nagarkar and Joel P. Schneider -- Periodic assembly of nanospecies on repetitive DNA sequences generated on gold nanoparticles by rolling circle amplification / Weian Zhao, Michael A. Brook, Yingfu Li -- Protocols for the In Silico design of RNA nanostructures / Bruce A. Shapiro, ... [et al.] -- Self-assembly of fused homo-oligomers to create nanotubes / Idit Buch, ... [et al.] -- Computational methods in nanostructure design, replica exchange simulations of self-assembling peptides / Giovanni Bellesia, Sotiria Lampoudi, Joan-Emma Shea -- Modeling amyloid fibril formation / Maarten G. Wolf, Jeroen van Gestel, Simon W. de Leeuw -- Computer modeling in biotechnology / Aleksei Aksimentiev, ... [et al.] -- What can we learn from highly-connected ⁷-rich structures for structural interface design / Ugur Emekli, ... [et al.].
- Nanostructures and nanoconstructions based on DNA 2012, CRCnetBASE"Written for chemists, physicists, molecular biologists, and students in related fields, this reference covers information presently available on the specific properties of metallic nanoparticles, and compares their properties with those related to nanoobjects formed by biological molecules. It also discloses details of formation and physic-chemical peculiarities of the DNA nanostructures and DNA-based nanoconstructions. Timely in publication, the reference contains more DNA physics and molecular biology than other published titles. Authors discuss how nucleic acid molecules and their complexes with chemical and biologically active compounds are of great interest in the development of various nanoscale systems and devices of practical importance"--Provided by publisher.
- Nanotechnology & society 2008, Springer
- Nanotechnology and nanomedicine in diabetes 2012, CRCnetBASE"Understanding the importance of nanosciences is somewhat problematic as a great deal of text can be rather technical in nature with little consideration to the novice. In this book information is readable as it has sections for the novice and expert alike. Each chapter has an abstract, "key facts", and a "mini-dictionary" of key terms and phrases within each chapter. Each chapter has a summary in point form The book covers for example, introductions to the field, lipid matrix nanoparticles, atomic force microscopy, characterization of tissues at the nanometer scale, antisense oligonucleotides, carbon nanotubes, , nanocomposites, nanorods, carbon nanomaterials, nanolabeled diabetogenic, nanofiber wound dressings, and nanotechnology footsocks"--Provided by publisher.
- Nanotechnology and occupational health 2007, Springer
- Nanotechnology and the environment 2009, CRCnetBASENanoscale materials: definition and properties / Kathleen Sellers -- Overview of manufacturing processes / Julie Chen, Kathleen Sellers -- Developing environmental regulations pertinent to nanotechnology / Lynn L. Bergeson -- Analyses of nanoparticles in the environment / Marilyn Hoyt -- Environmental fate and transport / Chris E. Mackay, Kim M. Henry -- Treatment of nanoparticles in wastewater / Kim M. Henry, Kathleen Sellers -- The potential ecological hazard of nanomaterials / Stephen R. Clough -- Toxicology and risk assessment / Chris E. Mackay, Jane Hamblen -- Nanoparticle use in pollution control / Kathleen Sellers -- Balancing the risks and rewards / Kathleen Sellers.
- Nanotechnology in biology and medicine 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Nanotechnology in cancer therapy 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Nanotechnology in dermatology 2013, Springer
- Nanotechnology in drug delivery 2009, Springer
- Nanotechnology-- basic science and emerging technologies 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Nanotechnology-- ethics and society 2008, CRCnetBASE
- Nanotechnology-- health and environmental risks 2008, CRCnetBASEIntroduction : assessing nanotechnology health and environmental risks -- Defining risk assessment and how it is used for environmental protection, and its potential role for managing nanotechnology risks -- Sustainable nanotechnology development using risk assessment and applying life cycle thinking -- The state of the science : human health, toxicology, and nanotechnological risk / Brenda E. Barry -- The state of the science : environmental risks -- NANO LCRA : an adaptive screening-level life cycle risk assessment framework for nanotechnology -- Alternative approaches for life cycle risk assessment for nanotechnology and comprehensive environmental assessment / Jo Anne Shatkin and J. Michael Davis -- Current and proposed approaches for managing risks in occupational environments / Brenda E. Barry -- Ongoing international efforts to address risk issues for nanotechnology.
- Nanotechnology-- legal aspects 2008, CRCnetBASEPatents -- Copyrights -- Integrated circuit topographies -- Trade secrets -- Ownership of nanotech intellectual property -- Delegation of power to agencies -- Examples of regulation of nanotechnology -- Political and judicial control over agency action -- Civil liability -- Criminal liability.
- Nanotechnology-- science and computation 2006, Springer
- Nanotherapeutics 2009, CRCnetBASENanocarriers in drug delivery : design, manufacture and physicochemical properties / Christoph Schmidt and Alf Lamprecht -- Transport across biological barriers / Noha Nafee, Vivekanand Bhardwaj and Marc Schneider -- Targeting approaches / Sandrine Cammas-Marion -- Nanoscale cancer therapeutics / Yann Pellequer and Alf Lamprecht -- Nanotherapeutics for skin diseases / Nicolas Atrux-Tallau, Françoise Falson and Fabrice Pirot -- Nanoparticles for oral vaccination / Juan M. Irache, Hesham H. Salman, Sara Gómez and Carlos Gamazo -- Nanoparticles : therapeutic approaches for bacterial diseases / Brice Moulari -- Nanoparticle therapy in parasites diseases : possibility and reality! / Malika Larabi -- Nanocarriers in the therapy of inflammatory disease / Alf Lamprecht.
- Narcissus and daffodil 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Narcolepsy 2010, SpringerEtiology -- Narcolepsy: genetic predisposition and pathophysiology -- Animal models of narcolepsy: development, findings and perspectives -- Neuroimaging of narcolepsy -- Clinical considerations -- Epidemiology of narcolepsy -- Narcolepsy in childhood -- Narcolepsy in the older adult -- Diurnal and nocturnal sleep in narcolepsy with cataplexy -- Hypnagogic hallucinations and sleep paralysis -- REM sleep behavior disorder in narcolepsy with cataplexy -- Narcolepsy and other comorbid medical illnesses -- Humor processing in human narcolepsy with cataplexy -- Dreams in patients with narcolepsy -- Psychoanalysis and narcolepsy -- Symptomatic narcolepsy or hypersomnia, with and without hypocretin (orexin) deficiency -- Hypersomnias other than narcolepsy: differential diagnosis -- Psychosocial considerations -- Psychosocial impact of narcolepsy in children and adolescents -- Quality of life and psychosocial issues in narcolepsy -- Narcolepsy, intimacy and sexuality -- Narcolepsy, driving and traffic safety -- Memory and cognition in narcolepsy -- Medico-legal aspects of disability in narcolepsy -- Narcolepsy and mental health -- Management -- Overview of management of narcolepsy -- Modes of action of drugs related to narcolepsy: pharmacology of wake-promoting compounds and anticataplectics -- Modafinil/Armodafinil in the treatment of narcolepsy -- Sodium oxybate in the treatment of narcolepsy -- Emerging treatments for narcolepsy -- Non-pharmacologic treatments of narcolepsy.
- Narcolepsy 2011, Springer
- Print Material
- Narrative development in adolescence 2010, SpringerThe need to establish a narrative self reaches an important peak during adolescence as teens work to understand life events and establish their self-identity. This book examines narrative development during adolescence in depth, focusing on both stable and at-risk youth as they construct, organize and tell their life stories.
- Nasal Physiology and Pathophysiology of Nasal Disorders 2013, Springer
- Nasal polyposis 2010, Springer
- NASH and nutritional therapy 2005, Springer
- Nasopharyngeal carcinoma 2013, SpringerDiagnosis and clinical evaluation of nasopharyngeal carcinoma / Alan Soo-Beng Khoo and Kin-Choo Pua -- Histopathological diagnosis of nasopharyngeal carcinoma : looking beyond the blue book / John Nicholls and Gerald Niedobitek -- Descriptive, environmental and genetic epidemiology of nasopharyngeal carcinoma/ -- Bing-jian feng -- Epstein-Barr virus and the pathogenesis of nasopharyngeal carcinomas / Claire Gourzones, Pierre Busson and Nancy Raab-Traub -- Acquired genetic and epigenetic alterations in nasopharyngeal carcinoma / Kwok-Wai Lo, Grace Tin-Yun Chung and Ka-Fai To -- Cellular interactions in nasopharyngeal carcinomas / Claire Gourzones ... [et al.] -- Biological tools for NPC population screening and disease monitoring / Claire Gourzones ... [et al.] -- Medical imaging of nasopharyngeal carcinomas : current tools and applications / François Bidault -- Radiotherapy of NPC : current strategies and perspectives / John Kim -- The evolving role of systemic therapy in nasopharyngeal carcinoma : current strategies and perspectives / Edwin P. Hui and Anthony T.C. Chan -- Nasopharyngeal carcinoma immunotherapy current strategies and perspectives / Corey Smith and Rajiv Khanna -- Therapeutic induction of apoptosis in nasopharyngeal carcinoma / Carlo Bastianutto ... [et al.].
- Print Material
- Nathan Zuntz 2009, ScienceDirect
- Print MaterialHealth outcomes -- Conceptual framework of health determinants -- Social determinants of health -- Behavioral determinants of health -- Biological determinants of health -- The health workforce -- Health care financing -- Medical technology -- Organization of health care -- The public health system -- Primary care -- Inpatient and tertiary care -- Long-term and community care -- Mental health care -- Non-medical interventions -- Medical interventions -- Lessons from abroad -- The future of health care delivery.
- National Academies' guidelines for human embryonic stem cell research SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Print MaterialIntroduction -- Applicability of the guidelines to non-embryonic human pluripotent stem cells -- Clarification of the meaning of "proper notification" -- 1.3(a) hES cell research permissible after currently mandated reviews -- Public openness and ESCRO committee audits -- 2.0 Establishment of an institutional embryonic stem cell research oversight committee -- Clarification of policy regarding reimbursement for oocyte donors.
- "The National Atlas of the United States of America will include four distinct products. In addition to having high-quality, small-scale maps, the atlas will include authoritative digital national geospatial and geostatistical data sets. Examples of geospatial data include soils, boundaries, volcanoes, and principal aquifers. Crime patterns, population distribution, and incidence of disease are examples of geostatistical data. This information is tied to specific geographic areas and is categorized and indexed using different methods, such as county, State, and zip code boundaries or geographic coordinates like latitude and longitude. These data will be collected and integrated to a consistent set of standards to support analysis. The atlas will also include easy-to use software for data display, query, and custom information and map making. The product will include hot links to atlas sites on the WWW. More up-to-date, real-time, and regional data will be served by means of the WWW. Descriptive information, marketing products and software programs will also be delivered via the WWW"--About the Atlas screen.
- Developed as a guide for organizations, associations, and agencies to plan strategies to help people age 50 and older increase their physical activity.
- Introduction -- The science of developing cancer therapy -- Operations, oversight, and funding of cancer clinical trials -- Physician and patient participation in cancer clinical trials.
- Print MaterialWorldwide, the application of information and communication technologies to support national health-care services is rapidly expanding and increasingly important. This is especially so at a time when all health systems face stringent economic challenges and greater demands to provide more and better care, especially to those most in need. The National eHealth Strategy Toolkit is an expert, practical guide that provides governments, their ministries and stakeholders with a solid foundation and method for the development and implementation of a national eHealth vision, action plan and monitoring framework. All countries, whatever their level of development, can adapt the Toolkit to suit their own circumstances. Representing one of the most significant collaborations in recent years between the World Health Organization and the International Telecommunication Union, the Toolkit is a landmark in understanding what eHealth is, what it can do, and why and how it should be applied to health care today.
- National healthcare disparities report 2003-<2007>
- Highlights -- Introduction and methods -- Effectiveness of care -- Patient safety -- Timeliness -- Patient centeredness -- Care coordination -- Efficiency -- Health system infrastructure -- Access to health care -- Appendixes.
- National Institutes of Health state-of-the-science conference on symptom management in cancer ; Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Natriuretic peptides 2006, Springer
- Print Material
- Part 1. Introduction -- Chapter 1. Practical and Theoretical Considerations, p. 1-17 -- Chapter 2. Associated Noncardiac Problems, p. 18-22 -- Part 2. Surgical Procedures -- Chapter 3. Aortopulmonary Shunts, p. 23-32 -- Chapter 4. Banding the Pulmonary Artery, p. 33-36 -- Chapter 5. Valves and Conduits, p. 37-56 -- Chapter 6. “Single Ventricle” Repairs, p. 57-70 -- Chapter 7. Transplantation, p. 71-74-- Part 3. Left-to-Right Shunts - Section A. Aortic Origin -- Chapter 8. Patent Ductus Arteriosus, p. 75-92 -- Chapter 9. Anomalous Origin of One Pulmonary Artery from the Aorta (Hemitruncus), p. 93-96 -- Chapter 10. Aortopulmonary Window, p. 97-102 -- Chapter 11. Systemic Arteriovenous Fistula, p. 103-110 -- Chapter 12. Coronary Arterial Fistula, p. 111-120 -- Chapter 13. Congenital Aneurysms of the Sinus of Valsalva, p. 121-129-- Part 3. Left-to-Right Shunts - Section B. Ventricular or Atrial Origin -- Chapter 14. Atrial Septal Defect (Secundum), p. 131-156 -- Chapter 15. Partial Anomalous Pulmonary Venous Connection with an Intact Atrial Septum, p. 157-160 -- Chapter 16. Scimitar Syndrome, p. 161-166 -- Chapter 17. Ostium Primum Defect, p. 167-174 -- Chapter 18. Complete Atrioventricular Septal Defect, p. 175-182 -- Chapter 19. Isolated Ventricular Septal Defect, p. 183-205 -- Chapter 20. Congenitally Corrected Transposition of the Great Arteries, p. 206-217-- Part 4. Obstructive Lesions - Section C. Right Ventricular Outflow Tract -- Chapter 21. Pulmonary Stenosis, p. 219-233 -- Chapter 22. Double-Chambered Right Ventricle, p. 234-236 -- Chapter 23. Stenosis of the Main and Branch Pulmonary Arteries, p. 237-242-- Part 4. Obstructive Lesions - Section D. Left Ventricular Outflow Tract and Aorta -- Chapter 24. Valvar Aortic Stenosis, p. 243-263 -- Chapter 25. Bicuspid Aortic Valve without Stenosis, p. 264-276 -- Chapter 26. Supravalvar Aortic Stenosis, p. 277-281 -- Chapter 27. Discrete Subvalvar Aortic Stenosis, p. 282-290 -- Chapter 28. Coarctation of the Aorta, p. 291-317 -- Chapter 29. Interrupted Aortic Arch, p. 318-325-- Part 4. Obstructive Lesions - Section E. Left Ventricular Inflow Tract -- Chapter 30. Cor Triatriatum Sinister, p. 327-334 -- Chapter 31. Congenital Atresia or Stenosis of Pulmonary Veins, p. 335-340 -- Chapter 32. Congenital Mitral Valve Obstruction, p. 341-349-- Part 4. Obstructive Lesions - Section F. Regurgitant Lesions -- Chapter 33. Aortic Valve Regurgitation, p. 351-355 -- Chapter 34. Aortoventricular Tunnel, p. 356-358 -- Chapter 35. Mitral Valve Regurgitation, p. 359-363 -- Chapter 36. Tricuspid Valve Regurgitation, p. 364-367 -- Chapter 37. Idiopathic Pulmonary Regurgitation, p. 368-370-- Part 5. Miscellaneous Aortic Root Lesions -- Chapter 38. Anomalous Origin of a Coronary Artery from the Pulmonary Artery, p. 371-383 -- Chapter 39. Abnormal Origins of the Coronary Arteries from the Aortic Root, p. 384-400 -- Chapter 40. Vascular Rings and Slings, p. 401-409-- Part 6. Right-to-Left Shunts -- Chapter 41. Tetralogy of Fallot, p. 411-436 -- Chapter 42. Tetralogy of Fallot with Pulmonary Atresia, p. 437-445 -- Chapter 43. Tetralogy of Fallot with Absent Pulmonary Valve, p. 446-450 -- Chapter 44. Complete Transposition of the Great Arteries, p. 451-485 -- Chapter 45. Tricuspid Atresia, p. 486-493 -- Chapter 46. Pulmonary Atresia with Intact Ventricular Septum, p. 494-506 -- Chapter 47. Ebstein Anomaly, p. 507-518 -- Chapter 48. Truncus Arteriosus, p. 519-530 -- Chapter 49. Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome, p. 531-545 -- Chapter 50. Single (Double-Inlet) Ventricle, p. 546-555 -- Chapter 51. Double-Outlet Right or Left Ventricle, p. 556-565 -- Chapter 52. Total Anomalous Pulmonary Venous Connection, p. 566-578 -- Chapter 53. Heterotaxy Syndromes, p. 579-586 -- Chapter 54. Pulmonary Arteriovenous Fistula, p. 587-594 -- Chapter 55. Eisenmenger Syndrome, p. 595-604.
- Natural immunity 2005, ScienceDirect
- Natural killer cell protocols Springer Protocols
- Natural killer cells 2010, Springer
- Natural killer cells 2010, ScienceDirectChapter 1, Developmental stages and pathways of NK cell maturation / Bartosz Grzywacz, Jeffery S. Miller, Michael R. Verneris -- Chapter 2. Developmental origins of thymus-derived natural killer cells / James R. Carlyle, Juan C. Zúñiga-Pflücker -- Chapter 3. Interferon-producing killer dendritic cells (IKDC) / Franck Housseau -- Chapter 4. Natural killer cells in cancer / Petter Höglund, Hans-Gustaf Ljunggren -- Chapter 5. NK cell immune recognition: NKG2D ligands and stressed cells / Carlos López-Larrea, Alejandro López-Soto, Segundo González -- Chapter 6. NK cell KIR heterogeneity and evolution / Makoto Yawata, Nobuyo Yawata -- Chapter 7. Signalling events in natural killer cells / P.K. Epling-Burnette, Sheng Wei, Julie Y. Djeu -- Chapter 8. Human natural killer cell development / Edward L. Briercheck, Aharon G. Freud, Michael A. Caligiuri -- Chapter 9. Isolation, culture and propagation of natural killer cells / Michael Magee, Lazar N. Vujanovic, Lisa H. Butterfield, Nikola L. Vujanovic -- Chapter 10. The localization and migration of natural killer cells in health and disease / Vasileios Bekiaris, Peter J.L. Lane -- Chapter 11. Receptors on NK cells / Noam Stern-Ginossar, Ofer Mandelboim -- Chapter 12. Development and testing of NK cell lines / Hans Klingemann -- Chapter 13. NK cell-derived cytokines and delivery: NK cell synapses / Claudia Semino, Anna Rubartelli -- Chapter 14. NK cells as recipients of cytokine signals / Tara J. Loux, Michael T. Lotze, Herbert J. Zeh III -- Chapter 15. NK cells and chemokines / Angela Gismondi, Giovanni Bernardini, Angela Santoni -- Chapter 16. Natural killer cytolytic activity / Lesley R. de Armas, Eckhard R. Podack -- Chapter 17. Illuminating intranodal natural killer cell behaviour using two-photon microscopy / Kym R. Garrod, Michael D. Cahalan -- Chapter 18. Dendritic cells and NK cells / Amy K. Wesa, Robbie B. Mailliard -- Chapter 19. NK and NKT cells: The innate-adaptive interface including humoral responses / Jeff Subleski, Jonathan M. Weiss, Robert H. Wiltrout, John R. Ortaldo -- Chapter 20. NK cell and endothelial cell interactions / Angela Gismondi, Claudia Carlino, Helena Stabile, Angela Santoni -- Chapter 21. Natural killer cell/epithelial interactions / Taisuke Ito, Masao Takei, Ralf Paus -- Chapter 22. NK cell-T cell interactions / Benedict J. Chambers -- Chapter 23. NK cells and NKT cells in cutaneous disorders / Anna Balato, Anthony A. Gaspari -- Chapter 24. Natural killer cells in the respiratory tract / Borna Mehrad --Chapter 25. Intestinal natural killer cells / Martin R. Goodier -- Chapter 26. Natural killer cells in the liver / Shiguang Qian, Jia Fan, Shuang-Jian Qiu, Yong-sheng Xiao, Lina Lu -- Chapter 27. Natural killer cells in the spleen and lymph node / Alex Karlsson-Parra -- Chapter 28. Nature killer cells in the central nervous system / Fu-Dong Shi, Richard M. Ransohoff -- Chapter 29. NK cells in the eye / Jerry Y. Niederkorn -- Chapter 30. NK cells and reproduction / Ashley Moffett, Victoria H. Male -- Chapter 31. Identification of natural killer cells in tissues and their isolation / Paolo Carrega, Erika Montalto, Guido Ferlazzo -- Chapter 32. Natural killer cell immune regulation: Coordination of immune function in tissues / Lorenzo Moretta, Alessandro Moretta -- Chapter 33. Natural killer cells and transplantation / Benjamin M. Matta, Angus W. Thomson -- Chapter 34. Natural killer cells and autoimmunity / Christian Münz -- Chapter 35. Interaction of NK cells with bacteria / Kenji Chamoto, Daiko Wakita, Shinichi Koizumi, Kazutaka Masuko, Takayuki Ikeda, Rieko Mitamura, Takashi Nishimura -- Chapter 36. Natural killer cells and human immunodeficiency virus / Domenico Mavilio, Anne Hosmalin, Daniel Scott-Algara -- Chapter 37. Cytomegalovirus infection and NK cells / Jerome D. Coudert, Christopher E. Andoniou, Mariapia A. Degli-Esposti -- Chapter 38. Natural killer cells in allergy / Syh-Jae Lin, Yen-Chang Lee, Dah-Chin Yan, Ming-Ling Kuo -- Chapter 39. Natural killer cells in wound healing / Jussi Liippo, Mervi Toriseva, Veli-Matti Kähäri -- Chapter 40. Natural killer cells in atherosclerosis / Godfrey S. Getz, Catherine A. Reardon -- Chapter 41. Natural killer cells in leukaemia / Jérôme Rey, Cyril Fauriat, Alessandro Moretta, Régis Costello, Daniel Olive -- Chapter 42. Natural killer cells and allogeneic haematopoietic cell transplantation / Andrea Velardi -- Chapter 43. Clinical trials of NK cells for cancer / Sarah Cooley, Jeffrey S. Miller -- Chapter 44. Natural killer cells and hepatitis C virus infection / Michael A. Nalesnik, Tatsuya Kanto -- Chapter 45. Natural killer cells and the biology of parasitism / Marianne A. Bryan, Karen A. Norris -- Chapter 46. Lymphoproliferative disorders of natural killer cells / William G. Morice -- Chapter 47. Natural killer cell induction of tolerance / Lina Lu, Alexandra Y. Zhang, William L. Camp, Shiguang Qian -- Chapter 48. Genetic engineering of natural killer cells / Stephen R. Goding, Per H. Basse -- Chapter 49. NK cell-mediated target cell death / Beverly Z. Packard, Akira Komoriya, David S. Ucker -- Chapter 50. NK-cell tracking using non-invasive imaging modalities / Priyanka Jha, Verena Reinhart, Christiane Knopp, Siyuan Liu, Winfried S. Wels, Michael F. Wendland, Heike Daldrup-Link.
- Natural killer T cells 2012, SpringerIntroduction : mechanisms of NKT-cell-mediated adjuvant activity and function of iPS-derived NKT cells / Masaru Taniguchi ... [et al.] -- Structure and recognition of antigens for invariant NKT cells / Bo Pei and Mitchell Kronenberg -- Invariant NKT cell-based vaccine strategies / John-Paul Jukes ... [et al.] -- Immune regulation of tumor immunity by NKT cells / Jessica J. O'Konek, Jay A. Berzofsky, and Masaki Terabe -- The regulation of CD1d+ and CD1d- tumors by NKT cells : the roles of NKT cells in regulating CD1d+ and CD1d- tumor immunity / Jianyun Liu, Gourapura J. Renukaradhya, and Randy R. Brutkiewicz -- DC-based immunotherapy targeting NKT cells / Shin-ichiro Fujii and Kanako Shimizu -- Therapeutic approaches utilising NKT cells / Stephen R. Mattarollo and Mark J. Smyth -- NKT cells or cancer patients and how models can inform therapeutic plans / Mark A. Exley, Lydia Lynch, and Michael Nowak -- Understanding the role of natural killer T cells in hematologic malignancies : progress and challenges / Natalia Neparidze and Madhav V. Dhodapkar -- Clinical trials with alpha-galactosylceramide (KRN7000) in advanced cancer / Famke L. Schneiders ... [et al.] -- Clinical trials of invariant natural killer T cell-based immunotherapy for cancer / Shinichiro Motohashi, Yoshitaka Okamoto, and Toshinori Nakayama.
- Natural product biosynthesis by microorganisms and plants. Part A-C. 1st ed. pt. A-C, 2012., ScienceDirectpt. B ScienceDirectpt. C ScienceDirect
- Natural products 2005, SpringerNatural products and drug discovery / Arnold L. Demain and Lixin Zhang -- Integrated approaches for discovering novel drugs from microbial natural products / Lixin Zhang -- Automated analyses of HPLC profiles of microbial extracts: a new tool for drug discovery screening / Jose R. Tormo and Juan B. Garcia -- Manipulating microbial metabolites for drug discovery and production / C. Richard Hutchinson -- Improving drug discovery from microorganisms / Chris M. Farnet and Emmanuel Zazopoulos -- Developments in strain improvement technology: evolutionary engineering of industrial microorganisms through gene, pathway, and genome shuffling / Stephen B. del Cardayr -- The discovery of anticancer drugs from natural sources / David J. Newman and Gordon M. Cragg -- Case studies in natural product optimization: novel antitumor agents derived from Taxus brevifolia and Catharanthus roseus / Jian Hong and Shu-Hui Chen --Terpenoids as therapeutic drugs and pharmaceutical agents / Guangyi Wang, Weiping Tang and Robert R. Bidigare -- Challenges and opportunities in the Chinese herbal drug industry / Wei Jia and Lixin Zhang -- Arsenic trioxide and leukemia: from bedside to bench / Guo-Qiang Chen ... [et al.] -- New methods to access microbial diversity for small molecule discovery / Karsten Zengler, Ashish Paradkar, and Martin Keller -- Accessing the genomes of uncultivated microbes for novel natural products / Asuncion Martinez ... [et al.] -- New natural product diversity from marine actinomycetes / Paul R. Jensen and William Fenical -- Novel natural products from rainforest endophytes / Gary Strobel, Bryn Daisy, and Uvidelio Castillo -- Biological, economic, ecological, and legal aspects of harvesting traditional medicine in Ecuador / Alexandra Guevara-Aguirre and Ximena Chiriboga.
- Natural products and cancer drug discovery 2013, SpringerPart 1.Natural Product Drugs and Cancer Therapeutics --The Impact of Natural Products Upon Cancer Chemotherapy /A. Ganesan --Identification and Development of Vascular Disrupting Agents: Natural Products That Interfere with Tumor Growth /Andrea T. Hooper, Frank Loganzo, Chad May and Hans-Peter Gerber --Discodermolide: Past, Present, and Future /Ross E. Longley --HDAC Inhibitors and Other Histone Modifying Natural Products as Emerging Anticancer Agents /Lilibeth A. Salvador and Hendrik Luesch --Natural Product Cytotoxins as Payloads for Antibody Drug Conjugates /Frank E. Koehn --Part 2.Advances in Natural Product Cancer Drug Discovery --Natural Product Scaffolds in Cancer Therapy /Christian P. Mang and Lars Ole Haustedt --The Role of Genetic Engineering in Natural Product-Based Anticancer Drug Discovery /Claudia Eva-Maria Unsin, Scott R. Rajski and Ben Shen --Accessing Anti-cancer Natural Products by Plant Cell Culture /Lisa M. Leone and Susan C. Roberts --Natural Products as Tools for Discovering New Cancer Targets /John A. Beutler.
- Natural products from plants. 2nd ed. 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Natural products isolation. 2nd ed. 2005, Springer ProtocolsNatural product isolation : an overview /Satyajit D. Sarker, Zahid Latif, and Alexander I. Gray --Initial and bulk extraction /Véronique Seidel --Supercritical fluid extraction /Lutfun Nahar and Satyajit D. Sarker --An introduction to planar chromatography /Simon Gibbons --Isolation of natural products by low-pressure column chromatography /Raymond G. Reid and Satyajit D. Sarker --Isolation by ion-exchange methods /David G. Durham --Separation by high-speed countercurrent chromatography /James B. McAlpine and Patrick Morris --Isolation by preparative high-performance liquid chromatography /Zahid Latif --Hyphenated techniques /Satyajit D. Sarker and Lutfun Nahar --Purification by solvent extraction using partition coefficient /Hideaki Otsuka --Crystallization in final stages of purification /Alastair J. Florence, Norman Shankland, and Andrea Johnston --Dereplication and partial identification of compounds /Laurence Dinan --Extraction of plant secondary metabolites /William P. Jones and A. Douglas Kinghorn --Isolation of marine natural products /Wael E. Houssen and Marcel Jaspars --Isolation of microbial natural products /Russell A. Barrow --Purification of water-soluble natural products /Yuzuru Shimizu and Bo Li --Scale-up of natural product isolation /Steven M. Martin, David A. Kau, and Stephen K. Wrigley --Follow-up of natural product isolation /Richard J.P. Cannell.
- Natural resistance mechanisms of plants to viruses 2006, Springer
- This guideline defines ventilation and then natural ventilation. It explores the design requirements for natural ventilation in the context of infection control, describing the basic principles of design, construction, operation and maintenance for an effective natural ventilation system to control infection in health-care settings.
- Naturally based biomaterials and therapeutics 2013, Springer
- Naturally occurring antibodies (NAbs) 2012, SpringerNaturally occurring IgM antibodies to oxidation-specific epitopes / Christoph J. Binder -- Naturally occurring autoantibodies to apoptotic cells / Keith B. Elkon and Gregg J. Silverman -- Naturally occurring antibodies directed against carbohydrate tumor antigens / Reinhard Schwartz-Albiez -- Naturally occurring antibodies as therapeutics for neurologic disease : can human monoclonal IgMs replace the limited resource IVIG? / Arthur E. Warrington ... [et al.] -- Nature and nurture of catalytic antibodies / Sudhir Paul ... [et al.] -- Naturally occurring autoantibodies in mediating clearance of senescent red blood cells / Hans U. Lutz -- Naturally occurring autoantibodies against ss-amyloid / Jan-Philipp Bach and Richard Dodel -- Multi-faceted role of naturally occurring autoantibodies in fighting pathogens / Hicham Bouhlal and Srini Kaveri -- Immunoregulation by naturally occurring and disease-associated autoantibodies : binding to cytokines and their role in regulation of T-cell responses / Claus H. Nielsen and Klaus Bendtzen -- Modulation of dendritic cells and regulatory T cells by naturally occurring antibodies / Jaap Kwekkeboom -- Control of B cells expressing naturally occurring autoantibodies / Jean Louis Pasquali and Thierry Martin -- Granulocyte death regulation by naturally occurring autoantibodies / Stephan Von Gunten and Hans-Uwe Simon -- Naturally occurring autoantibodies mediate ischemia/reperfusion-induced tissue injury / Sherry D. Fleming -- How immune complexes from certain IgG NAbs and any F(ab')2 can mediate excessive complement activation / Hans U. Lutz -- The natural autoantibody repertoire in newborns and adults : a current overview / Asaf Madi ... [et al.] -- Antibody polyspecificity : what does it matter? / Jordan D. Dimitrov, Anastas D. Pashov, Tchavdar L. Vassilev -- Positive and negative selection of natural autoreactive B cells / Richard R. Hardy and Kyoko Hayakawa -- Naturally occurring antibodies/autoantibodies in polyclonal immunoglobulin concentrates / Peter J. Späth and Hans U. Lutz.
- Nature of difference 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Print MaterialSuffering and the practice of nursing -- Ethical and theological perspectives on the nature of suffering and the goals of nursing -- Contextual analysis of patient suffering -- The suffering of nurses -- What is the nature of suffering and the goals of nursing.
- Print MaterialIdeas in conflict: the rise and fall of new views of disease -- The changing concept of the ideal physician -- The nature of suffering -- Suffering in chronic illness -- The mysterious relationship between doctor and patient -- How to understand diseases -- The pursuit of disease or the care of the sick? -- Treating the disease, the body, or the patient -- The doctor and the patient -- Who is this person? -- The measure of the person -- The clinician's experience: power versus magic in medicine -- Mind and body -- The illness called dying -- Pain and suffering -- Epilogue: the care of the suffering patient.
- Nature's versatile engine 2006, Springer
- Navigation and MIS in orthopedic surgery 2007, Springer
- Print Material
- Navigational surgery of the facial skeleton 2007, Springer
- NCBI short courses NCBI Bookshelf
- NCI tobacco control monograph series v. 16-, 2005-, NCI
- Print Material
- Print MaterialUnit 1: Preparing for the NCLEX examination. -- Unit 2: Drugs and nursing implications. -- Unit 3: Universal principles of nursing care management. -- Unit 4: Adult nursing. -- Unit 5: Pediatric nursing. -- Unit 6: Maternity and female reproductive nursing. -- Unit 7: Psychiatric mental health nursing -- Appendix -- Comprehensive practice tests.
- Near misses in pediatric anesthesia. 2nd ed. 2013, SpringerAuthored by ""a superb clinician and award-winning teacher, ""* Near Misses in Pediatric Anesthesiology, Second Edition is a thorough updating and significant expansion of this popular case book in the newest anesthesiology subspecialty to be approved by the American Board of Medical Specialties. The book comprises 87 true-story clinical ""near misses, "" including 40 cases that are brand new. Recommendations, references, and discussion accompany each case. The cases provide an ideal basis for problem-centered learning and also model how to learn from experience and to maintain professionalism.
- Near-infrared applications in biotechnology 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Neck and arm pain syndromes 2011, ScienceDirectThe first of its kind, Neck and Arm Pain Syndromes is a comprehensive evidence- and clinical-based book, covering research-based diagnosis, prognosis and management of neuromusculoskeletal pathologies and dysfunctions of the upper quadrant, including joint, muscle, myofascial and neural tissue approaches. It uniquely addresses the expanding role of the various health care professions which require increased knowledge and skills in screening for contra-indications and recognizing the need for medical-surgical referral. Neck and Arm Pain Syndromes also stresses the integration of experiential knowledge and a pathophysiologic rationale with current best evidence. the only one-stop guide for examination and treatment of the upper quadrant supported by accurate scientific and clinical-based data acknowledges the expanding direct access role of the various health professions both at the entry-level and postgraduate level addresses concerns among clinicians that research is overemphasized at the expense of experiential knowledge and pathophysiologic rationale multiple-contributed by expert clinicians and researchers with an international outlook covers diagnosis, prognosis and conservative treatment of the most commonly seen pain syndromes in clinical practice over 800 illustrations demonstrating examination procedures and techniques.
- Negative co-receptors and ligands 2011, SpringerTIM-3 and its regulatory role in immune responses / Chen Zhu, Ana C. Anderson and Vijay K. Kuchroo -- Role of PD-1 in regulating T-cell immunity / Hyun-Tak Jin, Rafi Ahmed and Taku Okazaki -- The role of IL-10 in regulating immunity to persistent viral infections / Elizabeth B. Wilson and David G. Brooks -- Inhibitory Ly49 receptors on mouse natural killer cells / Mark T. Orr and Lewis L. Lanier -- Immunoregulatory roles for Fc receptor-like molecules / Götz R.A. Ehrhardt and Max D. Cooper -- Fc[gamma]Rs in health and disease / Falk Nimmerjahn and Jeffrey V. Ravetch -- TGF-[beta] function in immune suppression / Akihiko Yoshimura and Go Muto.
- Neglected diseases 2007Print Material
- Negotiating public health in a globalized world 2012, Springer
- Neighbourhood structure and health promotion 2013, Springer
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Nelson Textbook of pediatrics. 19th ed. 2011, MD Consult
- Nensokan 2007Print Material
- Neoglycoconjugates. Part A-B ScienceDirectFulltext (pt. B) ScienceDirectPart A. Synthesis -- Part B. Biomedical applications.
- Neonatal and perinatal mortality 2006, WHO
- Neonatal cranial ultrasonography 2007, Springer
- Neonatal cranial ultrasonography. 2nd ed. 2012, Springer
- Neonatal immunity 2005, SpringerStructure and function of immune system in vertebrates -- Ontogeny and development of cells mediating innate and adaptive immunity -- Phenotypic characteristics of neonatal B cells -- Molecular characteristics of neonatal B cell repertoire -- Genetically programmed temporal ordered activation of neonatal B cell clones -- Antibody response in fetus and newborn -- Effect of maternal antibodies on neonatal B cell response -- Neonatal autoimmune diseases caused by maternal pathogenic autoantibodies -- Phenotypic characteristics of neonatal T cells -- Expression of MHC molecules in neonates -- Neonatal cytokine network -- Cell-mediated immune responses in neonates -- Fetal and neonatal tolerance -- Development of efficient prophylactic vaccines and theracines for newborns and infants .
- Neonatal neurology. 4th ed. 2007, ScienceDirect
- Neonatal pain 2008, Springer
- Neonatal pain 2008Print Material
- Neonatology 2012, Springer
- Neonatology and blood transfusion 2005, SpringerI. Foetal and Neonatal Haematology -- Regulation of Developmental Haematopoiesis By Gata Transcription Factors / Chr. Dame -- Development of The Immune System In The Foetal and Perinatal Period / G. T. Rijkers, T. Niers, W. de Jager, P. Janssens and K. Gaiser, et al. -- Foetal and Neonatal Immunohaematological Responses: Consequences for Practical Management? / A. Brand, F. Walther, S. Scherjon, J. v Beckhoven and H. Vietor, et al. -- Biology of Thrombopoietin In the Human Foetus and Neonate / Chr. Dame -- II. Immunohaematology and Haemostasis -- Management of Red Cell Alloimmunization in Pregnancy / I. L. van Kamp and H. H. H. Kanhai -- New Treatment Options in Neonatal Hyperbilirubinaemia / P. T. Pisciotto -- Consensus and Controversy in Foetal and Neonatal Alloimmune Thrombocytopenia / J. B. Bussel -- The Bleeding Infant / H. M. van den Berg -- III. Blood Transfusion in the Neonate -- Neonatal Thrombosis / L. Raffini and C. Manno -- Criteria for Selecting a Red Blood Cell Product to Transfuse Anaemic Infants / R. G. Strauss -- Hazards of Transfusion: GvHD / N. L. C. Luban -- Non-Immune, Non-Infectious Complications of Transfusion / P. T. Pisciotto -- Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation in the Neonate with Respiratory Failure / N. L. C. Luban and B. L. Short -- IV. Cellular Therapies in Neonatology -- Genetic Engineering for the Foetus and Neonate / K. M. Axsom and C. S. Manno -- Meta-Analysis and Evidence-Based Decision Making in Neonatal Care / R. G. Strauss -- Placental Blood Banking in the Year 2003 / L. Lecchi, S. Giovanelli, I. Ratti, S. Cimoni and F. Garcea, et al. -- V. Epilogue -- Epilogue / Noami Luban.
- Neonatology. 5th ed. 2004Print Material
- Neonatology. 6th ed. 2009Print Material
- Neoplastic diseases of the blood. 5th ed. 2013, Springer
- Nephrology and fluid/electrolyte physiology. 2nd ed. 2012, ScienceDirectThe placenta and fetal amniotic fluid volume : understanding fetal water flow / Michael G. Ross -- Body fluid changes in the fetus and newborn : normal transition / William Oh -- Renal aspects of sodium metabolism in the fetus and newborn / Endre Sulyok -- Potassium metabolism / John M. Lorenz -- Renal urate metabolism in the fetus and newborn / Daniel I. Feig -- Perinatal calcium and phosphate metabolism / Reginald Tsang and Ran Namgung -- Acid-base homeostasis in the fetus and newborn / Istvan Seri -- Glomerular filtration rate in neonates / Jean-Pierre Guignard -- The developing kidney and the fetal origins of adult cardiovascular disease / Umberto Simeoni -- Renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system (RAAS) : renal modulation / Pedro A. Jose -- Renal modulation : arginine vasopressin and atrieal natriuretic peptide / Francesco Emma -- Acute problems of prematurity : balancing fluid volume and electrolyte replacement in very low birth weight and extremely low birth weight neonates / Stephen Baumgart -- Lung fluid balance in developing lungs and its role in neonatal transition / Lucky Jain and Sarah D. Keene -- Use of diurects in the newborn / Jean-Pierre Guignard -- Neonatal hypertension : diagnosis and management / Joseph Flynn -- Edema / Andrew Costarino and Yosef Levenbrown -- Renal failure of the neonate / Sharon P. Andreoli -- Congenital tubulopathies / Israel Zelikovic -- Obstructive uropathies : assessment of renal function in the fetus / Robert L. Chevalier.
- Nephrology secrets.. 3rd ed. / 2012, ScienceDirectPatient assessment. History and Physical Diagnosis ; Urinalysis ; Measurement of Glomerular Filtration Rate ; Renal Imaging Techniques ; Renal Biopsy. -- Acute kidney injury. Epidemiology, Etiology, Pathophysiology, and Diagnosis of Acute Kidney Injury ; Management Options: Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy ; Hepatorenal Syndrome ; Cardiorenal Syndrome ; Medications ; Sepsis and Acute Kidney Injury ; Rhabdomyolysis ; Tumor Lysis Syndrome ; Contrast-Induced Nephropathy ; Acute Glomerulonephritis and Rapidly Progressive Glomerulonephritis ; Nephrotic Syndrome ; Obstructive Uropathy ; Nephrolithiasis. Chronic kidney disease. Epidemiology, Etiology, Pathophysiology, and Staging of Chronic Kidney Disease ; Anemia in Chronic Kidney Disease ; Renal Osteodeystrophy ; Cardiovascular Disease in Chronic Kidney Disease ; Hyperlipidemia ; Nutrition and Malnutrition ; Management of the Patient with Progressive Renal Failure ; Management of the Patient with Resistant Edema ; Management of the Patient with Congestive Heart Failure ; Drug Dosing in Patients with Chronic Kidney Disease. -- Primary Glomerular disorders. Minimal Change Disease ; Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis ; Membranous Nephropathy ; IgA Nephropathy and Henoch-Schönlein Disease ; Membranoproliferative Glomerulonephritis. -- Secondary glomerular disorders. Diabetic Nephropathy ; Lupus Nephritis ; Dysproteinamias or Light Chain Diseases ; Anti-Glomerular Basement Membrane Disease and Goodpasture's Syndrome ; Vasculitides ; Thrombotic Microangiopathies. -- Infection-associated glomerulonephritides. Post-Infectious Glomerulonephritis ; Viral Hepatitis-Associated Glomerulonephritis ; HIV-Associated Renal Disorders. -- Other renal parenchymal diseases. Fabry Disease ; Cystic Diseases of the Kidneys ; Other Hereditary Renal Diseases ; Tubulointerstitial Diseases ; Urinary Tract Infections ; Renal Neoplasias. -- Renal diseases in special populations. Renal Disease and Hypertension in Pregnancy ; Sickle Cell Nephropathy ; Renal Diseases in the Elderly. -- Treatment options. Hemodialysis ; Peritoneal Dialysis ; Therapeutic Plasma Exchange (Plasmapheresis). -- Transplantation. Epidemiology and Outcomes ; Donor and Recipient Evaluation ; Immunosuppression ; Rejection of the Renal Transplant ; Post-Transplantation Malignancies ; Post-Transplantation Infections ; Primary Care of the Renal Transplant Patient. -- Hypertension. Primary Hypertension ; Renal Parenchymal Hypertension ; Renovascular Disease ; Endocrine Hypertension ; Other Forms of Secondary Hypertension ; White Coat Hypertension ; Isolated Systolic Hypertension ; Renal Diseases in African Americans ; Refractory Hypertension ; Hypertensive Emergencies ; Pharmacologic Treatment of Hypertension ; Nonpharmacologic Treatment of Hypertension. -- Acid-base and electrolyte disorders. Volume Disorders ; Genetic Disorders of Sodium Transport ; Hyponatremia and Hypernatremia ; Hypokalemia and Hyperkalemia ; Hypocalcemia and Hypercalcemia ; Disorders of Phosphorus Metabolism ; Disorders of Magnesium Metabolism ; Metabolic Acidosis ; Metabolic Alkalosis ; Respiratory Acid-Base Disorders ; Nephrology Beginnings.
- Nerve agents poisoning and its treatment in schematic figures and tables. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirectChemical weapons -- Chemical warfare agents -- Organophosphates and nerve agents -- Toxicodynamics -- Antidotal treatment -- Prophylaxis.
- Nerve and vascular injuries in sports medicine 2009, Springer
- Nerve-driven immunity 2012, Springer
- Nervous system 2009Print Material
- Net anatomy Sch Educ SystSite is designed to teach human anatomy to students of the health professions, and to serve to review anatomy for clinical rotations and USMLE preparation.
- NetAnatomy Sch Educ SystSite is designed to teach human anatomy to students of the health professions, and to serve to review anatomy for clinical rotations and USMLE preparation.
- Netter's Clinical anatomy. 2nd ed. 2010, MD ConsultIntroduction to the human body -- Back -- Thorax -- Abdomen -- Pelvis and perineum -- Lower limb -- Upper limb -- Head and neck.
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Network collective 2008, Springer
- Print Material
- Networks in tropical medicine SU Catalog, Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Print MaterialBuilding networks in tropical medicine -- Creating the cadre : teachers, students, and the culture of tropical medicine -- From training to practice : medical experts and public health in Duala and Brazzaville -- Contagions and camps : the sleeping sickness campaigns, 1900-1910 -- Sleeping sickness campaigns in German Cameroon and French Equatorial Africa -- Paul Ehrlich's colonial connections : sleeping sickness drug therapy research, 1903-1914 -- A legacy of embitterment : World War I and its impact on transnational tropical medicine.
- Networks, from biology to theory 2007, Springer
- Neural basis of free will 2013, Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Print MaterialThe issues of mental causation, consciousness, and free will have vexed philosophers since Plato. This book examines these unresolved issues from a neuroscientific perspective. In contrast with philosophers who use logic rather than data to argue whether mental causation or consciousness can exist given unproven first assumptions, Tse proposes that we instead listen to what neurons have to say. Because the brain must already embody a solution to the mind--body problem, why not focus on how the brain actually realizes mental causation? Tse draws on exciting recent neuroscientific data concerning how informational causation is realized in physical causation at the level of NMDA receptors, synapses, dendrites, neurons, and neuronal circuits. He argues that a particular kind of strong free will and downward mental causation are realized in rapid synaptic plasticity. Recent neurophysiological breakthroughs reveal that neurons function as criterial assessors of their inputs, which then change the criteria that will make other neurons fire in the future. Such informational causation cannot change the physical basis of information realized in the present, but it can change the physical basis of information that may be realized in the immediate future. This gets around the standard argument against free will centered on the impossibility of self-causation. Tse explores the ways that mental causation and qualia might be realized in this kind of neuronal and associated information-processing architecture, and considers the psychological and philosophical implications of having such an architecture realized in our brains.
- Neural circuit development and function in the healthy and diseased brain. 1st ed. 2013, ScienceDirectSection 1. Circuit development -- section 2. Cognitive development -- section 3. Diseases.
- Neural correlates of auditory cognition 2013, Springer
- Neural correlates of thinking 2009, Springer
- Print Material
- Neural crest induction and differentiation 2006, SpringerNeural crest cells and the community of plan for craniofacial development : historical debates and current perspectives / Drew M. Noden and Richard A. Schneider -- Neural crest inducing signals / Martin L. Basch and Marianne Bronner-Fraser -- Transcriptional regulation at the neural plate border / Thomas D. Sargent -- Neural crest delamination and migration : integrating regulations of cell interactions, locomotion, survival and fate / Jean-Loup Duband -- Neural crest cell plasticity : size matters / Lisa L. Sandell and Paul A. Trainor --The contribution of the neural crest to the vertebrate body / Elisabeth Dupin, Sophie Creuzet, and Nicole M. Le Douarin -- Cranial neural crest and development of the head skeleton / Robert D. Knight and Thomas F. Schilling -- Neural crest contribution to the cardiovascular system / Christopher B. Brown and H. Scott Baldwin -- The genetic regulation of pigment cell development / Debra L. Silver, Ling Hou, and William J. Pavan -- Specification of sensory neuron cell fate from the neural crest / David W. Raible and Josette M. Ungos --Neural crest and the development of the enteric nervous system / Richard B. Anderson, Donald F. Newgreen, and Heather M. Young -- Growth factors regulating neural crest cell fate decisions / Lukas Sommer -- Neural crest stem cells / Lu Teng and Patricia A. Labosky -- Molecular bases of human neurocristopathies / Heather C. Etchevers, Jeanne Amiel, and Stanislas Lyonnet -- Evolution of the neural crest / Alejandro Barrallo-Gimeno and M. Angela Nieto.
- Neural development and stem cells. 2nd ed. 2006, Springer
- Neural development and stem cells.. 3rd ed. / 2012, SpringerDefining neural stem cells and their role in normal development of the nervous system / Sally Temple -- Embryonic stem cells and neurogenesis / Robin L. Wesselschmidt -- The cellular and molecular properties of multipotent neural stem cells / Scott R. Hutton and Larysa H. Pevny -- Multipotent stem cells in the embryonic nervous system / Chian-Yu Peng ... [et al.] -- Neural crest formation and diversification / Marcos S. Simões-Costa ... [et al.] -- Glial nature of adult neural stem cells : neurogenic competence in adult astrocytes / William W. Hwang, Arturo Alverez-Buylla and Daniel A. Lim -- Neural stem cell death regulation in nervous system development and disease / K.C. Walls and Kevin A. Roth -- Stem cells of adult olfactory epithelium / James E. Schwob, Woochan Jang and Eric H. Holbrook -- Retinal stem cells / Carolina B. Del Debbio ... [et al.] -- Transdifferentiation in the nervous system / Ying Liu and Mahendra S. Rao -- Neural and dopaminergic differentiation of human pluripotent stem cells / Olga Momcilovic and Xianmin Zeng -- Mobilization of neural stem cells in the adult central nervous system / Harish Babu, Theo D. Palmer and Fred H. Gage -- Stem cell pathways in brain tumors / Justin D. Lathia ... [et al.].
- Neural engineering 2005, Springer
- Neural interfacing 2008
- Print Material
- Neural metabolism in vivo 2012, SpringerIntroduction to Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) Methods /Allen W. Song --Hardware Requirements for In Vivo Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Studies of Neural Metabolism /Hellmut Merkle, Phil Lee and In-Young Choi --Diffusion Sensitive Magnetic Resonance Imaging of the Central Nervous System /Jeffrey J. Neil and Joseph J. H. Ackerman --Tools to Enhance the Contrast in MR Images: From Lanthanide Complexes and Iron Oxide Particles to MEMRI /Annemie Van der Linden, Vincent Van Meir, Dario Longo and Silvio Aime --Principles of 1H NMR Spectroscopy In Vivo /Robin A. de Graaf --In Vivo Cerebral 31P Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy /Ernest B. Cady --In Vivo13C Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy and Metabolic Modeling: Methodology /Pierre-Gilles Henry, Dinesh K. Deelchand, Isabelle Iltis, Malgorzata Marjanska and Gülin Öz, et al. --13C NMR Spectroscopy as a Tool in Neurobiology /Asta Haberg, Ursula Sonnewald, Janniche Hammer, Torun Melø and Haytham Eloqayli --Overview of Positron Emission Tomography (PET) and Single Photon Emission Computed Tomography (SPECT) Methodologies /Paul Cumming and Guido Böning --Fluorodeoxyglucose (FDG) Positron Emission Tomography (PET) /Andrei G. Vlassenko and Mark A. Mintun --Neuroreceptor Imaging /Habib Zaidi and Miho Shidahara --Optical Approaches to Study Metabolic Consequences of Spreading Depression In Vivo /C. William Shuttleworth --Microdialysis and Microfiltration: Technology and Cerebral Applications for Energy Substrates /Kirsten Huinink, Jakob Korf and Jan Bert Gramsbergen --Part 2.In vivo assessment of neural activity via neurovascular coupling /The Coupling of Cerebral Metabolic Rate of Glucose and Cerebral Blood Flow In Vivo /Steen G. Hasselbalch and Olaf B. Paulson --Neuronal Basis of Non-Invasive Functional Imaging: From Microscopic Neurovascular Dynamics to BOLD fMRI /Anna Devor, David A. Boas, Gaute T. Einevoll, Richard B. Buxton and Anders M. Dale --Imaging of Brain Function Using Deoxyhemoglobin and Magnetic Fields /Kâmil Uğurbil --FMRI Using Exogenous Agents and Cerebral Blood Volume Contrast /Joseph B. Mandeville.FMRI in Mice: Functional Phenotyping of Transgenic Mouse Lines Based on Hemodynamic Readouts /Thomas Mueggler, Christof Baltes, Simone C. Bosshard, Felicitas L. Princz-Kranz and David Ratering, et al. --In Vivo Studies of Brain Oxygen Metabolism and Oxidative Phosphorylation /Xiao-Hong Zhu and Wei Chen --Cerebral Glucose Transport and Homeostasis /João M. N. Duarte and Rolf Gruetter --Glucose Metabolism During Neural Activation /Marianne Fillenz --Measurements of Glycogen Metabolism in the Living Brain /Rolf Gruetter --Functions of Glycogen in the Central Nervous System /Richard D. Evans, Angus M. Brown and Bruce R. Ransom --Pyruvate Transport and Metabolism in the Central Nervous System /Tiago B. Rodrigues, Alejandra Sierra, Paloma Ballesteros and Sebastián Cerdán --Blood-Brain Barrier Transport of Lactate /Gitte Moos Knudsen --Cerebral Acetate Metabolism: Towards Its In Vivo Assessment /Basil Künnecke --Brain Fatty Acid Uptake /James A. Hamilton, Kellen Brunaldi, Richard P. Bazinet and Paul A. Watkins --The Ketogenic Diet and Brain Metabolism /Marc Yudkoff, Yevgeny Daikhin, Oksana Horyn, Ilana Nissim and Itzhak Nissim --Redox Shuttles in the Brain /Beatriz Pardo and Laura Contreras --Mitochondria in Neurodegeneration /Russell H. Swerdlow --Part 4.In vivo assessment of metabolic compartmentation between neurons and astrocytes /Studies of Brain Metabolism: A Historical Perspective /Arne Schousboe --Glutamate-Glutamine Cycle and Anaplerosis /Gülin Öz, David A. Okar and Pierre-Gilles Henry --Brain Metabolic Compartmentalization, Metabolism Modeling, and Cerebral Activity-Metabolism Relationship /Michel Merle and Jean-Michel Franconi --Radiotracer Perspective on Cerebral Compartmentation /Bruno Weber, Renaud Jolivet, Matthias T. Wyss and Alfred Buck --Nitrogen Metabolism In Vivo /Keiko Kanamori and Brian D. Ross --Part 5.Cerebral metabolism of antioxidants, osmolytes and others in vivo /Glutathione (GSH) Synthesis and Metabolism /Maike M. Schmidt and Ralf Dringen --Brain Ascorbate: Protective, Yet Permissive for Redox Signaling /Margaret E. Rice --N-Acetyl-Aspartate (NAA) Metabolism /Kishore K. Bhakoo --In Vivo GABA Metabolism /In-Young Choi and Jun Shen --1H-Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy of Cerebral Phenylalanine Content and its Transport at the Blood-Brain Barrier /Roland Kreis --Measurement of Brain Creatine Metabolism In Vivo: Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy Studies of Transgenic Animals /Arend Heerschap, Christine I. H. C. Nabuurs, Hermien E. Kan, Bé Wieringa and Dirk Isbrandt.
- Neural networks for applied sciences and engineering 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Neural plasticity and memory 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Neural plasticity in adult somatic sensory-motor systems 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Neural prostheses for restoration of sensory and motor function 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Neural stem cells 2002, Springer Protocols
- Neural stem cells. 2nd ed. 2008, Springer ProtocolsDefinitions and criteria for stem cells / Leslie P. Weiner -- Neural stem cells and the future treatment of neurological diseases : raising the standard / Jaime Imitola and Samia J. Khoury -- Neural differentiation of human embryonic stem cells / Mirella Dottori and Martin F. Pera -- Generating neurons from stem cells / Andreas Androutsellis-Theotokis ... [et al.] -- Isolation of neural stem and precursor cells from rodent tissue / Yuanyuan Wu ... [et al.] -- Adult rodent spinal cord-derived neural stem cells : isolation and characterization / Lamya S. Shihabuddin -- Adult neural stem cells / Rossella Galli, Angela Gritti, and Angelo L. Vescovi -- Olfactory ensheathing cells : isolation and culture from the neonatal olfactory bulb / Susan C. Barnett and A. Jane Roskams -- Culturing olfactory ensheathing cells from the mouse olfactory epithelium / Miranda Richter, Kathryn Westendorf, and A. Jane Roskams -- Production and characterization of immortal human neural stem cell line with multipotent differentiation property / Seung U. Kim ... [et al.] -- Preparation of neural progenitors from bone marrow and umbilical cord blood / Shijie Song and Juan Sanchez-Ramos --Production of neurospheres from CNS tissue / Gregory P. Marshall II ... [et al.] -- Nuclear transfer to study the nuclear reprogramming of human stem cells / Shigeo Saito ... [ et al.] -- Clonal analyses and cryopreservation of neural stem cell cultures / Angela Gritti, Rossella Galli, and Angelo L. Vescovi -- Telomere neurobiology / Mark P. Mattson, Peisu Zhang, and Aiwu Cheng -- Chromosomal mosaicism in neural stem cells / Suzanne E. Peterson ... [et al.] -- In vitro assays for neural stem cell differentiation : induction of dopaminergic phenotype / Marcel M. Daadi -- In vitro migration assays of neural stem cells / Pascale Durbec .. [et al.] -- Measuring apoptosis in neural stem cells / Brett T. Lund and Eve E. Kelland -- Markers of adult neural stem cells / Eric Wexler -- Differential gene expression in ES-derived neural stem cells by using RT-PCR / Nicole Slawny, Crystal Pacut, and Theresa E. Gratsch -- Microfluidic devices for high-throughput gene expression profiling of single hESC-derived neural stem cells / Yan Chen and Jiang F. Zhong --Electroporation strategies for genetic manipulation and cell labeling / Terence J. Van Raay, Rhonda T. Lassiter, and Michael R. Stark -- Novel and immortalization-based protocols for the generation of neural CNS stem cell lines for gene therapy approaches / Luciano Conti and Elena Cattaneo -- Identification of newborn cells by BrdU labeling and immunocytochemistry in vivo / Sanjay S. Magavi and Jeffrey D. Macklis -- Immunocytochemical analysis of neuronal differentiation / Sanjay S. Magavi and Jeffrey D. Macklis -- Neuroanatomical tracing of neuronal projections with Fluoro-Gold / Lisa A. Catapano, Sanjay S. Magavi, and Jeffrey D. Macklis -- Labeling stem cells in vitro for identification of their differentiated phenotypes after grafting into the CNS / Qi-lin Cao, Stephen M. Onifer, and Scott R. Whittemore -- Optimizing stem cell grafting into the CNS / Scott R. Whittemore ... [et al.] -- Routes of stem cell administration in the adult rodent / Alison E. Willing ... [et al.]
- Neural transplantation methods 2000, Springer Protocols
- Neuro 2013, Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Print Material"The brain sciences are influencing our understanding of human behavior as never before, from neuropsychiatry and neuroeconomics to neurotheology and neuroaesthetics. Many now believe that the brain is what makes us human, and it seems that neuroscientists are poised to become the new experts in the management of human conduct. Neuro describes the key developments--theoretical, technological, economic, and biopolitical--that have enabled the neurosciences to gain such traction outside the laboratory. It explores the ways neurobiological conceptions of personhood are influencing everything from child rearing to criminal justice, and are transforming the ways we "know ourselves" as human beings. In this emerging neuro-ontology, we are not "determined" by our neurobiology: on the contrary, it appears that we can and should seek to improve ourselves by understanding and acting on our brains. Neuro examines the implications of this emerging trend, weighing the promises against the perils, and evaluating some widely held concerns about a neurobiological "colonization" of the social and human sciences. Despite identifying many exaggerated claims and premature promises, Neuro argues that the openness provided by the new styles of thought taking shape in neuroscience, with its contemporary conceptions of the neuromolecular, plastic, and social brain, could make possible a new and productive engagement between the social and brain sciences." -- [Publisher-supplied data]
- Neuro-informatics and neural modelling 2001, ScienceDirectElectrical stimulation of the somatosensory system / K.A. Richardson and J.J. Collins -- Phase synchronization : from periodic to chaotic and noisy / L. Schimansky-Geier, V.S. Anishchenko and A. Neiman -- Fluctuations in neural systems : from subcellular to network levels / P. Århem and H. Liljenström -- Detecting unstable periodic orbits in biological systems / K. Dolan, M.L. Spano and F. Moss -- The topology and organization of unstable periodic orbits in Hodgkin-Huxley models of receptors with subthreshold oscillations / R. Gilmore and X. Pei -- Controlling cardiac arrhythmias : the relevance of nonlinear dynamics / D.J. Christini ... [et al.] -- Controlling the dynamics of cardiac muscle using small electrical stimuli / D.J. Gauthier, S. Bahar and G.M. Hall -- Intrinsic noise from voltage-gated ion channels : effects on dynamics and reliability in intrinsically oscillatory neurons / J.A. White and J.S. Haas -- Phase synchronization : from theory to data analysis / M. Rosenblum ... [et al.] -- Statistical analysis and modeling of calcium waves in healthy and pathological astrocyte syncytia / P. Jung ... [et al.] -- Neurones as physical objects : structure, dynamics and function / C. Meunier and I. Segev -- A framework for spiking neuron models : the spike response model / W. Gerstner -- An introduction to stochastic neural networks / H.J. Kappen -- Statistical mechanics of recurrent neural networks I - Statics / A.C.C. Coolen -- Statistical mechanics of recurrent neural networks II - Dynamics / A.C.C. Coolen -- Topologically ordered neural networks / J.A. Flanagan -- Geometry of neural networks : natural gradient for learning / K. Fukumizu -- Theory of synaptic plasticity / J.L. van Hemmen -- Information coding in higher sensory and memory areas / A. Treves -- Population coding : efficiency and interpretation of neuronal activity / C.C.A.M. Gielen -- Mechanisms of synchrony of neural activity in large networks / D. Golomb, D. Hansel and G. Mato -- Emergence of feature selectivity from lateral interactions in the visual cortex / U. Ernst, M. Tsodyks and K. Pawelzik -- Information transfer between sensory and motor networks / M. Lappe.
- Neuro-oncology of CNS tumors 2006, Springer
- Neuro-oncology Part I-II pt. I-II, 2012., ScienceDirectpt. II ScienceDirect
- Neuro-ophthalmology 2011, ScienceDirectAnatomy and physiology of the afferent visual system / S. Prasad and S.L. Galetta -- The anatomy and physiology of the ocular motor system / A.K.E. Horn and R.J. Leigh -- The neuro-ophthalmological examination / J.C. Rucker, C. Kennard, and R.J. Leigh -- Retinal disorders / K. Landau and M. Kurz-Levin -- Abnormalities of the optic disc / A.A. Sadun and M.Y. Wang -- Lesions of the optic nerve / E.J. Atkins, N.J. Newman and V. Biousse -- The optic chiasm / D. Kidd -- Disorders of the optic tract, radiation, and occipital lobe / J.A. Fraser, N.J. Newman and V. Biousse -- Disorders of higher visual processing / J.J.S. Barton -- Rehabilitative techniques / S. Trauzettel-Klosinski -- Infranuclear ocular motor disorders / C.J. Lueck -- Nuclear, internuclear, and supranuclear ocular motor disorders / C. Pierrot-Deseilligny -- Nystagmus and saccadic intrusions / M.J. Thurtell and R.J. Leigh -- Disorders of higher gaze control / C. Kennard -- Normal and abnormal lid function / J.C. Rucker -- Disorders of the pupil / H. Wilhelm -- Neuro-ophthalmology of orbital disease / G.E. Rose and D.H. Verity -- Functional neuro-ophthalmology / N.R. Miller.
- Neuro-ophthalmology 2007, KargerAnatomy of the oculomotor system / Büttner-Ennever, J.A. -- Eye movement recordings : methods / Eggert, T. -- Vestibulo-ocular reflex / Fetter, M. -- Neural control of saccadic eye movements / Catz, N., Thier, P. -- Smooth pursuit eye movements and optokinetic nystagmus / Büttner, U., Kremmyda, O. -- Disconjugate eye movements / Straumann, D. -- The eyelid and its contribution to eye movements / Helmchen, C., Rambold, H. -- Mechanics of the orbita / Demer, J.L. -- Current models of the ocular motor system / Glasauer, S. -- Therapeutic considerations for eye movement disorders / Straube, A.
- Neuro-ophthalmology 2005Print MaterialClinical testing of visual function / Guruswami Arunagiri and Robert C. Sergott -- Pupil testing / Preston C. Calvert -- Techniques of the oculomotor examination / Francine Wein and Wayne Cornblath -- Choice and interpretation of visual field testing / Michael Wall -- Transient visual loss / Bradley J. Katz -- Persistent visual loss / Leonard A. Levin and Anthony C. Arnold -- Visual field defects / Andrew G. Lee and Paul W. Brazis -- Positive visual phenomena / Howard D. Pomeranz -- Diplopia and polyopia / Andrew G. Lee and Paul W. Brazis -- Nystagmus / Eric R. Eggenberger -- Optic disc edema / Richard E. Appen -- Optic disc pallor / Judith Warner -- Ocular and orbital pain / Paul Brazis and Andrew G. Lee -- Proptosis / Lynn K. Gordon -- Anisocoria / Aki Kawasaki -- Ptosis and lagophthalmos / Robert A. Egan -- Pseudotumor cerebri / Deborah I. Friedman -- Arteritic anterior ischemic optic neuropathy / Norah Lincoff -- Nonarteritic anterior ischemic optic neuropathy / Sophia M. Chung -- Idiopathic optic neuritis / Leonard A. Levin and Anthony C. Arnold -- Other inflammatory optic neuropathies / Larry Frohman -- Compressive optic neuropathy / Christopher Anthony Girkin -- Congenital optic nerve anomalies / Karl C. Golnik -- Hereditary optic neuropathy / Martha P. Schatz -- Toxic and metabolic optic neuropathies / Valerie Purvin -- Traumatic optic neuropathy / Richard M. Rubin -- Optic nerve tumors / Neil R. Miller -- Diseases of the chiasm / Francine B. Wein -- Diseases of the retrochiasmal visual pathways / Joel Weinstein -- Third nerve palsies / Francine B. Wein -- Fourth nerve palsies / Jacqueline A. Leavitt -- Sixth nerve palsies / Lyn Alice Sedwick -- Cavernous sinus disorders / Misha Pless -- Myasthenia gravis and ocular myopathies / Steven R. Hamilton -- Supranuclear disorders of eye movement / Mark J. Morrow -- Horner's syndrome / Hadas Stiebel-Kalish -- Adie's pupil / Randy H. Kardon and Oliver Bergamin -- Thyroid-associated orbitopathy (Graves' disease) / Francine B. Wein -- Orbital tumors / Swaraj Bose -- Orbital inflammation and infection / R. Nick Hogan -- Migraines and migraine variants / Marie D. Acierno and James J. Corbett -- Facial nerve disorders / Rod Foroozan and Mark L. Moster -- Thromboembolic disease / Thomas R. Hedges III -- Nonorganic visual loss / Mark Borchert -- Neuro-ophthalmic emergencies / Valaerie Biousse and Nancy J. Newman -- Ancillary electrophysiologic testing / David Kaufman -- Temporal artery biopsy / Parna S. Varadkar and Barrett Katz -- Lumbar puncture / Lenworth N. Johnson and Michael A. Meyer -- Neuroimaging / Lanning B. Kline, Deepak Takhtani, and Joel K. Curae -- Billing for neuro-ophthalmologic diseases / Michael X. Repka.
- Neuro-ophthalmology illustrated 2009, ThiemeThe neuro-ophthalmic examination -- Funduscopic examination -- Visual fields -- Ancillary testing commonly used in neuro-ophthalmology -- Visual loss : an overview -- Transient visual loss -- Retinal vascular diseases -- Optic neuropathies -- Disc edema -- Disorders of higher cortical function -- Abnormal visual perceptions : hallucinations and illusions -- The pupil -- Diplopia -- Orbital syndrome -- Cavernous sinus and orbital vascular disorders -- Nystagmus and other ocular oscillations -- Disorders of the eyelid -- Nonorganic neuro-ophthalmic symptoms and signs -- Diagnosis of headache and facial pain -- Disorders commonly encountered in neuro-ophthalmology.
- Neuroacanthocytosis syndromes 2004, Springer
- Neuroacanthocytosis syndromes II 2007, Springer
- N-acetylaspartate ......................
- — Neuroacanthocytosis syndromes II .......
- Neuroactive steroids in brain functio...
- — Neuroscience of clinical psychiatry ....
- Neuroscience of hallucinations .........
- — Novel apoptotic regulators in carcino...
- Novel developments in stem cell mobil...
- — Nutritionally enhanced edible oil and...
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases