- M.D. Anderson Manual of medical oncol...
- — MD Consult Mobile ......................
- MDCT anatomy ...........................
- — Methods in pain research ...............
- Methods in protein design ..............
- — Molecular diagnosis of genetic diseas...
- Molecular diagnosis of infectious dis...
- — Mystery of yawning in physiology and ...
- 1. Noninvasive Breast Cancer /Robert H. I. Andtbacka ... [et al.] --2. Invasive Breast Cancer /Jonathan S. Zager ... [et al.] --3. Melanoma /Timothy M. Pawlik and Jeffrey E. Gershenwald --4. Nonmelanoma Skin Cancer /Nestor F. Esnaola and Keith M. Heaton --5. Soft Tissue and Bone Sarcoma /Keith A. Delman and Janice N. Cormier --6. Cancer in the Head and Neck /Kenneth A. Newkirk and F. Christopher Holsinger --7. Thoracic Malignancies /Shanda H. Blackmon and Ara A. Vaporciyan --8. Esophageal Carcinoma /Alexander A. Parikh, Ara A. Vaporciyan, and Wayne L. Hofstetter --9. Gastric Cancer /Waddah B. Al-Refaie and Paul F. Mansfield --10. Small-Bowel Malignancies and Carcinoid Tumors /Keith D. Amos and Rosa F. Hwang --11. Cancer of the Colon, Rectum, and Anus /George J. Chang and Barry W. Feig --12. Hepatobiliary Cancers /Eugene A. Choi, Steven E. Rodgers, Syed A. Ahmad, and Eddie K. Abdalla --13. Pancreatic Adenocarcinoma /Rosa F. Hwang ... [et al.] --14. Pancreatic Endocrine Tumors and Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia /Jeffrey T. Lenert ... [et al.] --15. Adrenal Tumors /Ricardo J. Gonzalez and Jeffrey E. Lee --16. Carcinoma of the Thyroid and Parathyroid Glands /Keith D. Amos, Mouhammed A. Habra, and Nancy D. Perrier --17. Hematologic Malignancies and Splenic Tumors /Wayne A. I. Frederick ... [et al.] --18. Cancer of Unknown Primary Site /Gauri R. Varadhachary --19. Genitourinary Cancer /Christopher G. Wood and Colin P.N. Dinney --20. Gynecologic Cancers /Brian M. Slomovitz, Pamela T. Soliman, Judith K. Wolf --21. Oncologic Emergencies /Jeffrey D. Wayne and Richard J. Bold --22. Biologic Cancer Therapy /Daniel Albo, Thomas N. Wang, and George P. Tuszynski --23. Pharmacotherapy of Cancer /Judy L. Chase and Chad M. Barnett --24. Reconstructive Surgery in the Cancer Patient /Jules A. Feledy, Jr. Matthew M. Hanasono, and Geoffrey L. Robb --Index.
- Mac 101: 2008Succinct guide for Windows users migrating to the Mac.
- Mac OS X 2005, ProQuest Safari
- Mac OS X for Unix geeks 2003, ProQuest Safari
- Mac OS X for Unix geeks. 4th ed. 2008, Click LINK above for location/circulation status.
- Mac OS X Tiger for Unix geeks. 3rd ed. 2005, ProQuest Safari
- Machine learning for hackers. 1st ed. 2012, ProQuest SafariMachine generated contents note: -- 1. Using R -- R for Machine Learning -- Downloading and Installing R -- IDEs and Text Editors -- Loading and Installing R Packages -- R Basics for Machine Learning -- Further Reading on R -- 2. Data Exploration -- Exploration versus Confirmation -- What Is Data? -- Inferring the Types of Columns in Your Data -- Inferring Meaning -- Numeric Summaries -- Means, Medians, and Modes -- Quantiles -- Standard Deviations and Variances -- Exploratory Data Visualization -- Visualizing the Relationships Between Columns -- 3. Classification: Spam Filtering -- This or That: Binary Classification -- Moving Gently into Conditional Probability -- Writing Our First Bayesian Spam Classifier -- Defining the Classifier and Testing It with Hard Ham -- Testing the Classifier Against All Email Types -- Improving the Results -- 4. Ranking: Priority Inbox -- How Do You Sort Something When You Don't Know the Order? -- Ordering Email Messages by Priority --Contents note continued: Priority Features of Email -- Writing a Priority Inbox -- Functions for Extracting the Feature Set -- Creating a Weighting Scheme for Ranking -- Weighting from Email Thread Activity -- Training and Testing the Ranker -- 5. Regression: Predicting Page Views -- Introducing Regression -- The Baseline Model -- Regression Using Dummy Variables -- Linear Regression in a Nutshell -- Predicting Web Traffic -- Defining Correlation -- 6. Regularization: Text Regression -- Nonlinear Relationships Between Columns: Beyond Straight Lines -- Introducing Polynomial Regression -- Methods for Preventing Overfitting -- Preventing Overfitting with Regularization -- Text Regression -- Logistic Regression to the Rescue -- 7. Optimization: Breaking Codes -- Introduction to Optimization -- Ridge Regression -- Code Breaking as Optimization -- 8. PCA: Building a Market Index -- Unsupervised Learning -- 9. MDS: Visually Exploring US Senator Similarity --Contents note continued: Clustering Based on Similarity -- A Brief Introduction to Distance Metrics and Multidirectional Scaling -- How Do US Senators Cluster? -- Analyzing US Senator Roll Call Data (101st--111th Congresses) -- 10. kNN: Recommendation Systems -- The k-Nearest Neighbors Algorithm -- R Package Installation Data -- 11. Analyzing Social Graphs -- Social Network Analysis -- Thinking Graphically -- Hacking Twitter Social Graph Data -- Working with the Google SocialGraph API -- Analyzing Twitter Networks -- Local Community Structure -- Visualizing the Clustered Twitter Network with Gephi -- Building Your Own "Who to Follow" Engine -- 12. Model Comparison -- SVMs: The Support Vector Machine -- Comparing Algorithms.
- Machinery of life. 2nd ed. 2009, SpringerIntroduction -- Molecular machines -- The processes of living -- Molecules in cells: Escherichia coli -- A human cell: The advantages of compartments -- The human body: The advantages of specialization -- Life and death -- Viruses -- You and your molecules.
- Approach to the patient -- History taking -- The general examination -- The skin, hair and nails -- The endocrine system -- The cardiovascular system -- The respiratory system -- The gastrointestinal system -- The renal system -- The reproductive system -- The nervous system -- The visual system -- The ear, nose and throat -- The musculoskeletal system -- Babies and children -- Assessment for sedation and anaesthesia -- The critically ill patient -- Confirming death.
- Macro roles for microRNAs in the life and death of neurons 2010, Springer
- Macromolecular crystallography 2012, Springer
- Macromolecular crystallography protocols v. 1-2, 2006., Springer Protocolsv. 2, 2006 Springer Protocolsv. 1. A Generic Method for the Production of Recombinant Proteins in Escherichia coli Using a Dual Hexahistidine-Maltose-Binding Protein Affinity Tag / Joseph E. Tropea ... [et al.] -- Cloning, Production, and Purification of Proteins for a Medium-Scale Structural Genomics Project / Sophie Quevillon-Cheruel ... [et al.] -- Baculoviral Expression of an Integral Membrane Protein for Structural Studies / Dean R. Madden and Markus Safferling -- Protein Engineering / Sonia, Longhi, Francois Ferron, and Marie-Pierre Egloff -- Production of Selenomethionyl Proteins in Prokaryotic and Eukaryotic Expression Systems / Sylvie Doublié -- How to Use Dynamic Light Scattering to Improve the Likelihood of Growing Macromolecular Crystals / Gloria E. O. Borgstahl -- Screening and Optimization Methods for Nonautomated Crystallization Laboratories / Terese Bergfors -- Improving Marginal Crystals / Charles W. Carter, Jr. and Madeleine Riès-Kautt -- Optimization Techniques for Automation and High Throughput / Naomi E. Chayen -- Three-Dimensional Crystallization of Membrane Proteins / James Féthière -- Crystallization of Protein-DNA Complexes / Thomas Hollis -- Preparation and Crystallization of RNA / Barbara L. Golden -- Crystallization of RNA-Protein Complexes / Eiji Obayashi ... [et al.] -- Index.v. 2. Cryocrystallography of Macromolecules: Practice and Optimization / Elspeth Garman and Robin L. Owen -- Determination of Reaction Intermediate Structures in Heme Proteins / Kelvin Chu -- Annealing Macromolecular Crystals / B. Lief Hanson and Gerard J. Bunick -- First Analysis of Macromolecular Crystals: Biochemistry and X-Ray Diffraction / David Jeruzalmi -- X-Ray Data Collection from Macromolecular Crystals / Elspeth Garman and Robert M. Sweet -- Characterizing a Crystal from an Initial Native Dataset / Michael R. Sawaya -- Molecular Replacement / Eric A. Toth -- Phase Determination using Halide Ions / Miroslawa Dauter and Zbigniew Dauter -- The Same But Different: Isomorphous Methods for Phasing and High-Throughput Ligand Screening / Mark A. Rould -- Substructure Determination in Multiwavelength Anomalous Diffraction, Single Anomalous Diffraction, and Single Isomorphous Replacement with Anomalous Scattering Data Using Shake-and-Bake / G. David Smith, Christopher T. Lemke, and P. Lynne Howell -- Substructure Determination in Isomorphous Replacement and Anomalous Diffraction Experiments / Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve and Thomas R. Schneider -- Automated Structure Solution with autoSHARP / Clemens Vonrhein, Eric Blanc, Pietro Roversi, and Gérard Bricogne -- Introduction to Macromolecular Refinement / Dale E. Tronrud -- Quality Control and Validation / Gerard J. Kleywegt -- Crystallographic Software: A Sustainable Resource for the Community / Stephen J. Everse and Sylvie Doublié -- Index.v. 1. Preparation and crystallization of macromolecules -- v. 2. Structure determination.
- Macromolecular crystallography. Part A-D ScienceDirectFulltext (pt. B) ScienceDirectFulltext (pt. C) ScienceDirectFulltext (pt. D) ScienceDirect
- Macromolecular drug delivery 2009, Springer ProtocolsDevelopments in macromolecular drug delivery / Mattias Belting and Anders Wittrup -- Synthetic vs. natural/biodegradable polymers for delivery of shRNA-based cancer therapies / John S. Vorhies and John J. Nemunaitis -- siRNA and DNA transfer to cultured cells / Bagavathi Gopalakrishnan and Jon Wolff -- Poly ([beta]-amino esters) : procedures for synthesis and gene delivery / Jordan J. Green ... [et al.] -- Systemic delivery and pre-clinical evaluation of nanoparticles containing antisense oligonucleotides and siRNAs / Chuanbo Zhang ... [et al.] -- Peptide-based delivery of steric-block PNA oligonucleotides / Saïd Abes ... [et al.] -- Characterizing peptide-mediated DNA internalization in human cancer cells / Anders Wittrup and Mattias Belting -- Selection and characterization of antibodies from phage display libraries against internalizing membrane antigens / Johan Fransson and Carl A.K. Borrebaeck -- Artificial membrane models for the study of macromolecular delivery / Lena Mäler and Astrid Gräslund -- Enhanced delivery of macromolecules into cells by electroendocytosis / Alexander Barbul ... [et al.] -- In vitro systems for studying epithelial transport of macromolecules / Nicole Daum ... [et al.] -- Preparation of macromolecule-containing dry powders for pulmonary delivery / Kelly S. Kraft and Marshall Grant -- Macromolecular delivery across the blood-brain barrier / Kullervo Hynynen -- Positron emission tomography (PET) and macromolecular delivery in vivo / Ludwig G. Strauss and Antonia Dimitrakopoulou-Strauss.
- Macrophages and dendritic cells 2009, Springer ProtocolsGeneration of retroviral macrophage cDNA expression libraries and functional screening for surface receptors / Georgia Schäfer and Gordon D. Brown -- Generation of murine growth factor-dependent long-term dendritic cell lines to investigate host-parasite interactions / Alessandra Mortellaro ... [et al.] -- Macrophage activation : classical vs. alternative / Andrea Classen, Jorge Lloberas, and Antonio Celada -- Analysis of macrophage phagocytosis : quantitative assays of phagosome formation and maturation using high-throughput florescence microscopy / Benjamin E. Steinberg and Sergio Grinstein -- Detection of activated Rab7 GTPase with an immobilized RILP probe / Jim Sun ... [et al.] -- Probing in vivo origins of mononuclear phagocytes by conditional ablation and reconstitution / Chen Varol, Limor Landsman, and Steffen Jung -- Multivalent protein probes for the identification and characterization of cognate cellular ligands for myeloid cell surface receptors / Hsi-Hsien Lin ... [et al.] -- Exploiting Fc chimaeric proteins for the identification of ligands specific for the mannose receptor / Luisa Martinez-Pomares -- The expression of exogenous genes in macrophages : obstacles and opportunities / Xia Zhang, Justin P. Edwards, and David M. Mosser -- Genetic modification of murine dendritic cells by RNA transfection / Maurizio Ceppi, Enrico Schmidt, and Philippe Pierre -- Recording phagosome maturation through the real-time, spectrofluorometric measurement of hydrolytic activities / Robin M. Yates, Albin Hermetter, and David G. Russell -- Derivation and characterization of murine alternatively activated (M2) macrophages / Victor W.H. Ho and Laura M. Sly -- Isolation and culture of human hematopoietic progenitors for studies of dendritic cell biology / Mattias Svensson -- Generation, culture, and flow-cytometric characterization of primary mouse macrophages / Ulrike Schleicher and Christian Bogdan -- Analyzing classical and alternative macrophage activation in macrophage/neutrophil-specific IL-4 receptor-alpha-deficient mice / Frank Brombacher ... [et al.] -- Analysis of matrix metalloproteinase secretion by macrophages / Paul T. Elkington, Justin A. Green, and Jon S. Friedland -- Identification of pathogen receptors on dendritic cells to understand their function and to identify new drug targets / Lot de Witte ... [et al.] -- Stable lentiviral vector-mediated gene silencing in human monocytic cell lines / Jimmy S. Lee and Neil E. Reiner -- Use of fluorescent probes to detect lipid signaling intermediates in macrophages / Vivan Kwok, Eric Vachon, and Gregory P. Downey -- Large-scale phagosome preparation / Adrien F. Vinet and Albert Descoteaux -- Coordinate regulation of sphingosine kinase and actin dynamics / Shankar S. Iyer and David J. Kusner.
- Macrosocial determinants of population health 2007, Springer
- Development, structure and function of the liver -- Basic mechanisms in hepatopathology -- Cellular and molecular diagnostic techniques -- Developmental abnormalities and liver disease in childhood -- Genetic and metabolic liver disease -- Alcoholic liver disease -- Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease -- Acute and chronic viral hepatitis -- Other viral and infectious diseases and HIV-related liver disease -- Autoimmune hepatitis -- Diseases of the bile ducts -- Diseases of the gallbladder -- Vascular disorders -- Hepatic injury due to drugs, chemicals and toxins -- Tumours and tumour-like lesions of the liver -- Transplantation pathology -- Liver pathology associated with diseases of other organs and systems.
- MacSween's Pathology of the liver. 6th ed. 2011, ScienceDirect1. Anatomy, pathophysiology and basic mechanisms of disease / James M. Crawford and Alastair D. Burt -- 2. Cellular and molecular techniques / Pierre Bedossa and Valerie Paradis -- 3. Developmental abnormalities and liver disease in childhood / Bernard C. Portmann and Eve A. Roberts -- 4. Genetic and metabolic liver disease / Richard J. Thompson, Bernard C. Portmann and Eve A. Roberts -- 5. Disorders of iron overload / Alan C. Paterson and Antonello Pietrangelo -- 6. Fatty liver disease : alcoholic and non-alcoholic / Elizabeth M. Brunt, Brent A. Neuschwander-Tetri and Alastair D. Burt -- 7. Acute and chronic viral hepatitis / Neil D. Theise, Henry C. Bodenheimer Jr. and Linda D. Ferrell -- 8. Other viral and infectious diseases and HIV-related liver disease / Sebastian B. Lucas, Sherif R. Zaki and Bernard C. Portmann -- 9. Autoimmune hepatitis / M. Kay Washington and Michael P. Manns -- 10. Diseases of the bile ducts / Yasuni Nakanuma, Yoh Zen and Bernard C. Portmann -- 11. Diseases of the gallbladder / Jorge Albores-Saavedra and Arturo Angeles-Angeles --12. Vascular disorders / Ian R. Wanless and Weei-Yuarn Huang -- 13. Hepatic injury due to drugs, herbal compounds, chemicals and toxins / James H. Lewis and David E. Kleiner -- 14. Tumours and tumour-like lesions of the liver / Zachary D. Goodman, Luigi M. Terracciano and Aileen Wee -- 15. Transplantation pathology / Stefan G. Hübscher and Andrew D. Clouston -- 16. Systemic disease / Alberto Quaglia, Alastair D. Burt, Linda D. Ferrell, Bernard C. Portmann.
- Macular degeneration 2005, Springer1 Organization of the adult fovea -- 2 Immunology and age-related macular degeneration -- 3 Photoreceptor degeneration in aging and age-related maculopathy -- 4 Genes and age-related macular degeneration -- 5 Epidemiology of age-related macular degeneration -- 6 Prevalence and risk factors for age-related macular degeneration in China -- 7 Experimental models of macular degeneration -- 8 Transporters and oxidative stress in AMD -- 9 Photoreceptor stability and degeneration in mammalian retina: lessons from the edge -- 10 Clinical strategies for diagnosis and treatment of AMD: implications from research.
- Macular edema 2010, KargerFor many years diagnosing macular edema at an early stage has been a main difficulty. Recently, multiple and remarkable advances of modern imaging technologies which allow recognition of the main etiologies, have immensely improved its diagnosis and treatment. In this volume different patterns and etiologies of macular edema are described and the importance of preserving the photoreceptors at an early stage in order to retain center visual acuity is discussed. It brings together the most recent data and evidence-based medicine, and, on the other hand, the pathophysiological basis of macular edema and the different approaches for drug delivery to the posterior segment are presented. Recommendations for treatment procedures or different therapies have been carefully analyzed and considered prior to inclusion. 'Macular Edema - A Practical Approach' provides the ophthalmologist with a synthesis of knowledge to diagnose, to determine etiology, and to offer the patient viable treatment options for his benefit.
- Madhouse 2005No bughouse doctor -- The Perils of pus infection -- The Mecca of exodontia -- Selling the cure -- Fighting focal infection -- The End of the affair? -- An American abroad -- Making a medical career -- Cotton under the microscope -- Averting a scandal -- Showdown -- Playing for time -- The New Lister -- Betrayals -- Death in the trenches. Epilogue: Psychiatry and its discontents.
- Magico-religious groups and ritualistic activities 2008, CRCnetBASE
- Magnesium in human health and disease 2013, SpringerMagnesium is an essential mineral which is required for growth and survival of humans. Since magnesium is a mineral and not synthesizable it must be obtained through dietary foods and/or supplements. Magnesium in Human Health and Disease reviews the benefits of magnesium supplementation to reach recommended intakes as well as provides new research that suggests how reaching levels above the recommended intakes can promote health and treat various diseases. Magnesium deficiency can cause low serum potassium and calcium levels, retention of sodium, and low circulating levels of regulatory hormones. These changes in nutrients cause neurological and muscular symptoms such as tremor and muscle spasms. Further magnesium deficiency causes loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, personality changes and death from heart failure. Causes of magnesium deficiency include alcohol abuse, poorly controlled diabetes, excessive or chronic vomiting and/or diarrhea. Thus the effects of inadequate and deficient intakes or levels of magnesium is critical to health and are reviewed by the expert clinicians in this book. Magnesium in Human Health and Disease provides the most current research to support the potential benefits or lack thereof for normal and high supplementation with magnesium. Animal model research and early human trials are reviewed to document other disease states such as hypertension, cholesterol level, type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease that would benefit from increased magnesium.
- Magnetic cell separation 2008, ScienceDirect
- Magnetic particle imaging 2012, SpringerHow Magnetic Particle Imaging Works --How to Build an MPI Scanner --Prior to Reconstruction - The System Function --From Data to Images: Reconstruction --Special System Topologies --Putting MPI to Use: Applications.
- Magnetic resonance angiography 2005, Springer
- Magnetic resonance angiography 2012, Springer
- Magnetic resonance imaging 2005, Springer Protocols
- Magnetic resonance imaging in ischemic stroke 2006, Springer
- Technical advances in musculoskeletal imaging -- Surface coil imaging -- The hip -- The knee -- The ankle and foot -- Entrapment neuropathies of the lower extremity -- Articular cartilage -- The shoulder -- The elbow -- The wrist and hand -- MR imaging of the fingers -- Entrapment neuropathies of the upper extremity -- Marrow imaging -- Bone and soft-tissue tumors.
- Magnetic resonance imaging of congenital heart disease 2012, SpringerThis textbook is alone in focusing on the subject of cardiac magnetic resonance (CMR) imaging in pediatric and adult patients with congenital heart disease. The topic of congenital heart disease imaging is usually relegated to a single chapter in most general CMR texts. The expanding scope of CHD warrants a text dedicated to covering CHD and CMR imaging in detail. Our proposed book aims to be a comprehensive and authoritative text on this subject.
- Magnetic resonance imaging of the knee 2013, Springer
- Magnetic resonance in epilepsy. 2nd ed. 2005, ScienceDirect
- Magnetic resonance procedures 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Magnetic resonance tomography 2008, Springer
- Magnetobiology 2002, ScienceDirect
- Magnetoreception and magnetosomes in bacteria 2007, Springer
- Magnolia 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Maingot's Abdominal operations. 12th ed. 2013, AccessSurgery
- Making and marketing medicine in Renaissance Florence 2011, IngentaConnectA study of the Speziale al Giglio apothecary shop in fifteenth-century Florence, Italy.
- Making and using antibodies. 2nd ed. 2014, CRCnetBASE"This second edition provides guidance on all aspects of how to make and use antibodies for research, and commercial and industrial applications. All chapters are revised, updated, or expanded. New material in the book includes western blotting, aptamers, antibodies as therapeutics, quantitative production, and humanization of antibodies. The authors present descriptions of basic methods for making and using antibodies and describe basic laboratory techniques in detail. Each chapter includes introductory material, allowing for a better understanding of each concept. Practical examples are also included"--Provided by publisher.
- Making computerized provider order entry work 2013, Springer
- Making health care whole 2010, ebraryWhile spirituality has been generally recognized as an essential dimension of palliative care, uniformity of spiritual care practice has been lacking across healthcare settings due to factors like varying understandings and definitions of spirituality, lack of resources and practical tools, and limited professional education and training in spiritual care. In order to address these shortcomings, more than forty spiritual and palliative care experts gathered for a national conference to discuss guidelines for incorporating spirituality into palliative care. Their consensus findings form the basis of Making Health Care Whole. This important new resource provides much-needed definitions and charts a common language for addressing spiritual care across the disciplines of medicine, nursing, social work, chaplaincy, psychology, and other groups. This book also advocates a team approach to spiritual care, and specifies the roles of each professional on the team. Serving as both a scholarly review of the field as well as a practical resource with specific recommendations to improve spiritual care in clinical practice, Making Health Care Whole will benefit hospices and palliative care programs in hospitals, home care services, and long-term care services.
- Chapter I. Microcirculation and reconstructive surgery -- Chapter II. Anomaly and cranio-facial surgery -- Chapter III. Wound healing and surgical oncology.
- Making medicines 2005
- Making of a neuromorphic visual system 2005, Springer1Seeing: blazing processing characteristics --2Category representation and recognition evolvement --3Neuroscientific inspiration --4Neuromorphic tools --5Insight from line drawings studies --6Retina circuits signaling and propagating contours --7The symmetric-axis transform --8Motion detection --9Neuromorphic architectures: pieces and proposals --10Shape recognition with contour propagation fields --11Scene recognition --12Summary --Terminology --References --Index.
- Making of a social disease Fulltext
- Making of DSM-III 2013, Click LINK above for location/circulation status.A pivotal three decades : American psychiatry after World War II -- Emil Kraepelin : birth of modern descriptive psychiatry -- Kraepelin's progeny : the neo-Kraepelinians -- Robert L. Spitzer, psychiatric revolutionary -- The DSM-III Task Force and psychiatric empiricism -- A brief history of modern classification and problems with reliability in diagnosis -- The revolution begins, 1973-1976 -- A snapshot in time : DSM-III in midstream, 1976 -- The eruption of discord following the midstream conference -- Clinicians vs. researchers again and new antagonisms over sexuality -- The psychoanalytic awakening to DSM-III -- The field trials and yet more controversies -- The final weeks.
- Making sense of data 2007, books24x7, SUNet ID login required.
- Spiritual heritage of health care -- Spirituality explored -- Spirituality within the context of holism -- Providing spiritual care : using a systematic approach -- Barriers influencing the provision of spiritual care -- Skills required to provide spiritual care -- Developments in spirituality : research and education -- Appendix: spirituality and spiritual care rating scale.
- Making the DSM-5 2013, SpringerPart I: Historical/Ideological Perspectives -- The History of DSM -- Considering the Economy of DSM Alternatives -- The Ideology Behind DSM-5 -- Part II: Ideological and Conceptual Perspectives -- The Biopolitics of Defining "Mental Disorder" -- Establishing Normative Validity for Scientific Psychiatric Nosology: The Significance of Integrating Patient Perspectives -- The Paradox of Professional Success: Grand Ambition, Furious Resistance, and the Derailment of the DSM-5 Revision Process -- Part III: Conceptual Perspectives -- DSM in Philosophyland: Curiouser and Curiouser -- Overdiagnosis, Underdiagnosis, Synthesis: A Dialectic for Psychiatry and the DSM -- What Does Phenomenology Contribute to the Debate About DSM-5? -- The Conceptual Status of DSM-5 Diagnoses -- Conclusion.
- Malaria 2005, Springer
- Malaria control in complex emergencies 2005, WHO
- Malaria immunology. 2nd ed. / 2002, Kargerpt. 1. Malaria parasites and disease -- Structure and life cycle / H. Fujioka -- Malaria parasites and the Anopheles mosquito /G. Dimopoulos -- Malaria: pathogenicity and disease / M. English -- pt. 2. Malaria antigens -- Sporozoite antigens: biology and immunology of the circumsporozoite protein and thrombospondin-related anonymous protein / P. Sinnis -- Immune responses to liver-stage parasites: implications for vaccine development / M.R. Hollingdale -- Merozoite antigens involved in invasion / K. Berzins -- Asexual blood stages of malaria antigens: cytoadherence / D.I. Baruch -- Rosetting and autoagglutination in Plasmodium falciparum / V. Fernandez -- Sexual and sporogonic stage antigens / R.W. Sauerwein -- pt. 3. Malaria infection: immunity and regulation -- Mouse models of blood-stage malaria infections: immune responses and cytokines involved in protection and pathology / J. Langhorne -- Malaria and the immune system in humans / P. Perlmann -- Genetic regulation of malaria infection in humans / M. Troye-Blomberg -- pt. 4. Malaria vaccines -- Pre-erythrocytic malaria vaccines to prevent Plasmodium flaciparum malaria / W.R. Ballou -- Vaccines against asexual stage malaria parasites / S. Kumar -- Transmission-blocking vaccines / D.C. Kaslow -- Nucleic acid vaccines against malaria / D.L. Doolan -- Antidisease vaccines / L. Schofield -- Adjuvants and malaria vaccine development / L. Xiao -- Malaria vaccine trials / B. Greenwood.
- Malaria methods and protocols 2002, Springer Protocols
- Malassezia and the skin 2010, SpringerIntroduction: Malassezia Yeasts from a Historical Perspective / Roderick J. Hay and Gillian Midgley -- Biodiversity, Phylogeny and Ultrastructure / Eveline Guého-Kellermann, Teun Boekhout and Dominik Begerow -- Epidemiology of Malassezia-Related Skin Diseases / Takashi Sugita, Teun Boekhout, Aristea Velegraki, Jacques Guillot and Suzana Hađina, et al. -- Physiology and Biochemistry / Peter Mayser and George Gaitanis -- Malassezia Species and Immunity: Host - Pathogen Interactions / H. Ruth Ashbee and Ross Bond -- Pityriasis Versicolor and Other Malassezia Skin Diseases / Vicente Crespo Erchiga and Roderick J. Hay -- Malassezia Yeasts in Seborrheic and Atopic Eczemas / George Gaitanis, Peter Mayser, Annika Scheynius and Reto Crameri -- Malassezia Fungemia, Antifungal Susceptibility Testing and Epidemiology of Nosocomial Infections / Athanasios Tragiannidis, Andreas Groll, Aristea Velegraki and Teun Boekhout -- Genomics and Pathophysiology: Dandruff as a Paradigm / Jun Xu, Teun Boekhout, Yvonne DeAngelis, Tom Dawson and Charles W. Saunders -- Malassezia Yeasts in Animal Disease / Ross Bond, Jacques Guillot and F. Javier Cabañes -- Malassezia Database / Vincent A. Robert and Aristea Velegraki.
- Maldynia 2011, CRCnetBASE"An in depth examination of maldynia, also known as chronic pain, this book explores pain as a bio-cultural phenomenon that necessitates reexamination of medical philosophy, ethics, education, and practice. It provides a historical account of pain and then frames it with contemporary neurobiological perspectives. This book supplies a foundation upon which to illustrate (1) how what we know about pain could and should influence medical education, and the scope, and value (s) of medical practice, and (2) how a knowledge of the history and present considerations of pain might help to construct meaningful, patient-centered medicine"--Provided by publisher.
- Male fertility and lipid metabolism 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Male genital lesions 2013, Springer
- Male germline stem cells 2011, Springer
- Male infertility 2011, SpringerInitial consultation for male infertility -- Interpretation of basic semen analysis and advanced semen testing -- Azoospermia: diagnosis and management -- Ejaculatory dysfunction -- Genetic issues with male infertility -- Endocrinopathies in male infertility -- Female infertility: implications to management of male factor -- Variocele: to fix or not to fix -- Medical management of male infertility -- Surgical reconstructions for obstruction -- Techniques for sperm harvest -- Sperm banking: when, why, and how? -- Assisted reproduction and male factor fertility: which type is right? -- Ethical dilemmas in male infertility.
- Male infertility 2012, SpringerPart 1.Male Infertility Diagnosis and Management --Causes of Male Infertility /Herbert J. Wiser, Jay Sandlow and Tobias S. Köhler --Laboratory Evaluation for Male Infertility /Ryan Mori and Edmund Sabanegh Jr. --Imaging Modalities in the Management of Male Infertility /Marcello Cocuzza and Sijo J. Parekattil --Endocrinopathies /Sam Haywood, Eric L. Laborde and Robert E. Brannigan --Molecular Mechanisms of Antioxidants in Male Infertility /Kathleen Hwang and Dolores J. Lamb --Surgical Treatment for Male Infertility /Sandro C. Esteves and Ricardo Miyaoka --Microsurgery for Male Infertility: The AIIMS Experience /Rajeev Kumar --Advanced Techniques of Vasoepididymostomy /Wayland Hsiao and Marc Goldstein --Grafting Techniques for Vasectomy Reversal /Henry M. Rosevear and Moshe Wald --Mini-Incision Vasectomy Reversal Using the No-Scalpel Vasectomy Instruments and Principles /Darby J. Cassidy, Keith Jarvi, Ethan D. Grober and Kirk C. Lo --Robotic Microsurgery for Male Infertility and Chronic Orchialgia /Jamin V. Brahmbhatt and Sijo J. Parekattil --Robot-Assisted Vasectomy Reversal /Peter Frank De Wil, Vincenzo Ficarra, George A. de Boccard and Alexandre Mottrie --Robotic-Assisted Varicocelectomy /Tung Shu and Run Wang --Epidemiological Considerations in Male Infertility /Mark A. Faasse and Craig S. Niederberger --Male Infertility from the Developing Nation Perspective /Kasonde Bowa and John S. Kachimba --Ethical Dimensions of Urology: Four Case Studies /Marc S. Cohen and Ray E. Moseley --Management of Fertility in Male Cancer Patients /Daniel H. Williams IV --Genetic Aspects of Male Infertility /Orhan Bukulmez --Novel Approaches in the Management of Klinefelter Syndrome /Fnu Deepinder --ART and Its Impact on Male Infertility Management /Alice Rhoton-Vlasak and Kenneth C. Drury.Part 2.Spermatozoa Metabolism --Fuel/Energy Sources of Spermatozoa /M. M. Misro and T. Ramya --Oxidative Stress /Fanuel Lampiao, C. J. Opperman, Ashok Agarwal and Stefan S. du Plessis --Loss of Intracellular Antioxidant Enzyme Activity During Sperm Cryopreservation: Effects on Sperm Function After Thawing /Juan G. Alvarez.Part 3.Common Male Infertility Disorders --Varicocele /Sandro C. Esteves --Infection in Infertility /Ralf Henkel --Ejaculatory Dysfunction and Vasodynamics /Aleksey P. Ignatov and Paul J. Turek --Environmental Factors /Claudio Telöken, Samuel Juncal and Túlio M. Graziottin --Exogenous Medication or Substance-Induced Factors /Kubilay Inci and Levent Mert Gunay --Sperm DNA Damage and Antioxidant Use: Roles in Male Fertility /Ashok Agarwal and Aspinder Singh --Common Male Infertility Disorders: Aging /Fabio Pasqualotto, Edson Borges Jr. and Eleonora Pasqualotto --Apoptosis and Male Infertility /S. Vaithinathan, Shereen Cynthia D'Cruz and P. P. Mathur --Impact of Spinal Cord Injury /Viacheslav Iremashvili, Nancy L. Brackett and Charles M. Lynne --Obesity and Male Fertility /Stephanie Cabler, Ashok Agarwal and Stefan S. du Plessis.Part 4.Nutrition and Antioxidants Role for Male Reproductive Health --Nutritional Pathways to Protect Male Reproductive Health /Tung-Chin Hsieh and Paul Shin --Natural Antioxidants /Giancarlo Balercia, Antonio Mancini and Gian Paolo Littarru --Synthetic Antioxidants /Edmund Y. Ko, John C. Kefer, Ashok Agarwal and Edmund Sabanegh --Antioxidant Therapy for the Enhancement of Male Reproductive Health: A Critical Review of the Literature /Kelton Tremellen --In Vitro Studies of Antioxidants for Male Reproductive Health /Armand Zini and Maria San Gabriel.Part 5.Assisted Reproductive Technologies in Male Fertility --Micro-testicular Sperm Extraction /Doron Sol Stember and Peter Schlegel --Sperm Processing and Selection /Sonja Grunewald and Uwe Paasch --Antioxidants in Sperm Cryopreservation /Tamer Said and Ashok Agarwal --Antioxidants in ICSI /Nicolas Garrido, Sandra García-Herrero, Laura Romany, José Remohí and Antonio Pellicer, et al. --Antioxidants in IMSI /Monica Antinori --Role of Sperm-Hyaluronic Acid Binding in the Evaluation and Treatment of Subfertile Men with ROS-Affected Semen: Assessment of Sperm with Oxidative Damage and HA-Mediated ICSI Sperm Selection /Ciler Celik-Ozenci and Gabor Huszar --Extended Embryo Culture Supplementation /Alex C. Varghese, Eulalia Pozo-Guisado, Ignacio S. Alvarez and Francisco Javier Martin-Romero.Part 6.Special Topics --Best Practice Guidelines for the Use of Antioxidants /Francesco Lanzafame, Sandro La Vignera and Aldo E. Calogero --Harmful Effects of Antioxidant Therapy /Adam F. Stewart and Edward D. Kim.
- Male patient in aesthetic medicine 2009, Springer
- Male reproductive cancers 2010, Springer
- Male sexual function. 2nd ed. 2006, SpringerNormal anatomy and physiology / Paul Milhoua, Daniel Lowe, and Arnold Melman -- Epidemiology of erectile dysfunction / Ridwan Shabsigh -- Cardiac issues related to erectile dysfunction / Thorsten Reffelmann and Robert A. Kloner -- How a primary care clinician approaches erectile dysfunction / Richard Sadovsky and Kevin Custis -- Psychological aspects related to erectile dysfunction / Michael A. Perelman -- Hormonal evaluation and treatment / Jeremy P.W. Heaton and Alvaro Morales -- Radical prostatectomy and other pelvic surgeries: effects on erectile function / Muammer Kendirici, Jeffrey Bejma, Wayne J.G. Hellstrom -- Drugs that affect male sexual function / Benjamin K. Yang and Craig F. Donnatucci -- Neurogenic sexual dysfunction in men and women / Kazem M. Azadozoi and Mike B. Siroky -- Female sexual dysfunction / Irwin Goldstein -- Evaluation of the patient with erectile dysfunction / Jeffrey C. LaRochelle and Laurence A. Levine --Oral therapy for erectile dysfunction / Raymond W. Pak and Gregory A. Broderick -- Intracavernosal injection with vasoactive agents / Alice K. Tsao and Ajay Nehra -- Topical and intra-urethral therapy / John C. Hairston, Edguardo Becher, and Kevin T. McVary -- Vacuum erection devices / Hunter Wessells -- Penile implants / Steven K. Wilson and John J. Mulcahy -- Peyronie's disease: history and medical therapy / J. Slade Hubbard and Culley C. Carson -- Peyronie's disease: surgical therapy / Gerald H. Jordan -- Vascular surgery for erectile dysfunction / William O. Brant ... [et al.] -- Priapism / Lawrence S. Hakim -- Ejaculatory disorders / Chris G. McMahon -- Gene therapy for erectile dysfunction / Thomas R. Magee, Jacob Rajfer, and Nestor F. Gonzalez-Cavidad.
- Malformations of the nervous system 2008, ScienceDirect
- Malignant 2013"Cancer can kill: this fact makes it concrete. Still, it's a devious knave. Nearly every American will experience it up-close and all too personally, wondering why the billions of research dollars thrown at the word haven't exterminated it from the English language. Like a sapper diffusing a bomb, Jain unscrambles the emotional, bureaucratic, medical, and scientific tropes that create the thing we call cancer. Scientists debate even the most basic facts about the disease, while endlessly generated, disputed, population data produce the appearance of knowledge. Jain takes the vacuum at the center of cancer seriously and demonstrates the need to understand cancer as a set of relationships--economic, sentimental, medical, personal, ethical, institutional, statistical. Malignant analyzes the peculiar authority of the socio-sexual psychopathologies of body parts; the uneven effects of expertise and power; the potentially cancerous consequences of medical procedures such as IVF; the huge industrial investments that manifest themselves as bone-cold testing rooms; the legal mess of medical malpractice law; and the teeth-grittingly jovial efforts to smear makeup and wigs over the whole messy problem of bodies spiraling into pain and decay. Malignant examines the painful cognitive dissonances produced by the ways a culture that has relished dazzling success in every conceivable arena have twisted one of its staunchest failures into an economic triumph. The intractable foil to American achievement, cancer hands us -- on a silver platter and ready for Jain's incisively original dissection -- our sacrifice to the American Dream"--Provided by publisher.
- Malignant effusions 2012, SpringerMorphological and Functional Characteristics of Serous Cavities /Olga V. Lebedinskaya, Irina Zh Shubina, Natalia Yu Anisimova, Alexey N. Kopylov and Mikhail V. Kiselevsky --Pathogenesis of Malignant Effusions /Irina O. Chikileva, Natalia Yu Anisimova, Irina Zh Shubina and Mikhail V. Kiselevsky --Diagnosis and Treatment of Malignant Pleural Effusion /Sergi Call, David Sánchez and Ramón Rami-Porta --Malignant Ascites: Diagnosis and Treatment /Fausto Petrelli and Sandro Barni --Malignant Pericardial Disease /Caroline Chiles and Girish Shroff --Adoptive Immunotherapy of Malignant Effusions /Irina Zh Shubina, Konstantin S. Titov, Irina O. Chikileva, Lev V. Demidov and Mikhail V. Kiselevsky --Hyperthermia and Intracavitary Chemotherapy in Prevention and Treatment of Malignant Effusions /Gianfranco Baronzio, Giammaria Fiorentini, Marco Ballerini, Valter Cassuti and Giorgio Forzenigo, et al.
- Malignant mesothelioma 2005, Springer
- Malignant mesothelioma 2011, Springer
- Mamluks and animals SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.1. Animals in Mamluk society -- 2. The Pre-Mamluk veterinary traditions -- 3. Scholars, equestrians, and veterinarians -- 4. The Veterinary profession -- 5. Theoretical aspects -- 6. Preventive medicine and diagnostics -- 7. Non-invasive practises in veterinary treatment -- 8. Invasive methods of treatment in veterinary medicine.
- Mammalian and avian transgenesis - new approaches 2006, Springer
- Mammalian artificial chromosomes 2003, Springer Protocols
- Mammalian brain development 2009, SpringerSexual Differentiation of the Brain: Genetic, Hormonal and Trophic Factors / Hugo F. Carrer and María J. Cambiasso -- Life at the Interface Between a Dynamic Environment and a Fixed Genome: Epigenetic Programming of Stress Responses by Maternal Behavior / Ian C. G. Weaver -- Effects of Early Life Seizures and Anti-epileptic Drug Treatment on Human Brain Development in Human Models / Eric D. Marsh and Amy R. Brooks-Kayal -- Prenatal Development of the Human Blood-Brain Barrier / Luca Cucullo -- Seizure Propensity and Brain Development: A Lesson from Animal Models / Jana Velíšková, Annamaria Vezzani and Astrid Nehlig -- Seizures and Antiepileptic Drugs: Does Exposure Alter Normal Brain Development in Animal Models? / Aristea S. Galanopoulou, Libor Velíšek and Solomon L. Moshé -- Overview of Neural Mechanisms in Developmental Disorders / Ayush Batra, Erin Carlton and Kathleen Franco -- Drug Permeation Across the Fetal Maternal Barrier / Chaitali Ghosh and Nicola Marchi -- In Vivo Imaging of Brain Development: Technologies, Models, Applications, and Impact on Understanding the Etiology of Mental Retardation / Vicko Gluncic -- Congenital, Non-inheritable Chromosomal Abnormalities Responsible for Neurological Disorders / Riccardo Bianchi and Patrizia D'Adamo.
- Mammalian evolutionary morphology 2008, SpringerEarliest evidence of Deltatheroida (Mammalia: Metatheria) from the early Cretaceous of North America / Brian M. Davis, Richard L. Cifelli and Zofia Kielan-Jaworowska -- Evolution of hind limb proportions in kangaroos (Marsupialia: Macropodoidea) / Benjamin P. Kear ... [et al.] -- Changing views in paleontology : the story of a giant (Megatherium, Xenarthra) / Christine Argot -- Evolutionary morphology of the Tenrecoidea (Mammalia) forelimb skeleton / Justine A. Salton and Eric J. Sargis -- Postcranial morphology of Apheliscus and Haplomylus (Condylarthra, Apheliscidae) : evidence for a Paleocene Holarctic origin of Macroscelidea / Tonya A. Penkrot ... [et al.] -- Postcranial skeleton of the Upper Paleocene (Itaboraian) "Condylarthra" (Mammalia) of the Itaboraí Basin, Brazil / Lilian P. Berqvist -- Postcranial osteology of mammals from Salla, Bolivia (late Oligocene) : form, function, and phylogenetic implications / Bruce J. Shockey and Frederico Anaya -- Evolution of the proximal third phalanx in Oligocene-Miocene equids, and the utility of phalangeal indices in phylogeny reconstruction / Jay A. O'Sullivan -- Adaptive zones and the pinniped ankle : a three-dimensional quantitative analysis of carnivoran tarsal evolution / P. David Polly -- The biogeographic origins of Primates and Euprimates : east, west, north, or south of Eden? / Mary T. Silcox -- Evaluating the mitten-gliding hypothesis for Paromomyidae and Micromomyidae (Mammalia, "Plesiadapiformes") using comparative functional morphology of new Paleogene skeletons / Douglas M. Boyer and Jonathan I. Bloch -- Morphological diversity in the skulls of large adapines (Primates, Adapiformes) and its systematic implications / Marc Godinot and Sébastien Couette -- Primate tibiae from the middle Eocene Shanghuang fissure-fillings of eastern China / Marian Dagosto ... [et al.] -- Rooneyia, postorbital closure, and the beginnings of the age of Anthropoidea / Alfred L. Rosenberger, Russell Hogg and Sai Man Wong -- Epitensoric position of the chorda tympani in Anthropoidea : a new synapomorphic character, with remarks on the fissura Glaseri in Primates / Wolfgang Maier -- Evolutionary morphology of the guenon postcranium and its taxonomic implications / Eric J. Sargis, Carl J. Terranova and Daniel L. Gebo -- Analysis of selected hominoid joint surfaces using laser scanning and geometric morphometrics : a preliminary report / William E.H. Harcourt-Smith ... [et al.] -- Comparative primate bone microstructure: records of life history, function, and phylogeny / Johanna Warshaw.
- Mammalian subventricular zones 2006, SpringerCellular heterogeneity of the neonatal SVZ and its contributions to forebrain neurogenesis and gliogenesis / Steven W. Levison and James E. Goldman -- Extrinsic and intrinsic factors modulating proliferation and self-renewal of multipotential CNS progenitors and adult neural stem cells of the subventricular zone / Sara Gil-Perotin and Patrizia Casaccia-Bonnefil -- Birth, migration and function of SVZ derived neurons in the adult brain / Minoree Kohwi, Rui Pedro Galvão and Arturo Alvarez-Buylla -- Contributions of the neocortical SVZ to human brain development / Nada Zecevic ... [et al.] -- Responses of the adult SVZ to neuronal death and injury / Jason G. Emsley and Jeff D. Macklis -- Resonses of the SVZ to radiation and chemotherapy / Ami M. Karkar, Radoslaw Rola and John R. Fike -- The subventricular zone responds dynamically to mechanical brain injuries / Maria L.V. Dizon and Francis G. Szele -- Responses of the SVZ to hypoxia and hypoxia/ischemia / Ryan J. Felling ... [et al.] -- Responses of the SVZ to demyelinating diseases / B. Nait-Oumesmar ... [et al.] -- Auxiliary proliferative zones in the developing and adult central nervous system: lessons from studies on the effects of ethanol / Michael W. Miller and Marla B. Bruns.
- Mammography casebook 2006Adenoma -- Adenoma, tubular -- Adenomyoepithelioma -- Adenosis -- Angiosarcoma -- Arteriosclerosis -- Artifact, cream -- Atheroma -- Burn trauma -- Carcinoma -- Carcinosarcoma -- Cysts -- DCIS -- Fat necrosis -- Fibroadenoma -- Galactography -- Gel bleeding -- Gout -- Gynecomastia -- Hamartoma -- Hematoma -- Insect bite -- Lipoma -- Local relapse -- Lymphadenitis -- Mastitis, focal -- Mastitis, postoperative -- Mastopathy, fibrocystic -- Mucinous carcinoma -- Paget disease -- Papilloma, intraductal -- Papillomatosis, intraductal -- Prosthesis rupture -- Radial scars.
- Management of abdominal hernias. Fourth edition. 2013, Springer
- Management of acute kidney problems 2010, Springer
- Management of acute pulmonary embolism 2007, SpringerDiagnostic approach to the patient with suspected pulmonary embolism. Clinical probablility and D-dimer testing / Philip S. Wells -- Imaging of acute pulmonary embolism / James G. Ravenel and U. Joseph Schoepf -- The search for deep vein thrombosis: evaluation of the leg veins / Jan Beyer and Sebastian M. Schellong -- Risk stratification of pulmonary embolism: detection and prognostic impact of right ventricular dysfunction / Stavros V. Knostantinides -- Cardiac biomarkers in the diagnostic workup of pulmonary embolism / Evangelos Giannitsis and Hugo A. Katus -- Importance of a patent foramen ovale / Annette Geibel, Manfred Zehender, and Wolfgang Kasper -- Contemporary diagnostic algorithm for the hemodynamically stable patient with suspected pulmonary embolism / Arnaud Perrier -- Contemporary diagnostic algorithm for the hemodynamically unstable patient with suspected pulmonary embolism / Stavros V. Konstantinides -- Treatment and secondary prophylaxis of venous thromboembolism. Heparin anticoagulation / Graham F. Pineo and Russell D. Hull -- Thrombolysis / Guy Meyer -- Management of the patient with fulminant pulmonary embolism undergoing cardiopulmonary resuscitation / Fabian Spöhr and Bernd W. Böttiger -- Surgical pulmonary embolectomy / Ani C. Anyanwu and Lishan Aklog -- Interventional approaches to the treatment of acute massive pulmonary embolism / Nils Kucher -- Vitamin K antagonists and novel oral anticoagulants / Giancarlo Agnelli and Cecilia Becattini -- Specific aspects. Hereditary and acquired thrombophilia / Hanno Riess -- Venous thromboembolism and cancer / Paolo Prandoni, Anna Falanga, and Andrea Piccioli -- Pulmonary embolism in pregnancy / Simon J. McRae and Shannon M. Bates -- Venous thromboembolism in the era of air travel / Frédéric Lapostolle ... [et al.] -- Chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension / Irene M. Lang and Walter Klepetko.
- Management of antimicrobials in infectious diseases. 2nd ed. 2010, Springer
- Epidemiology : incidence, causes, severity and outcome / Richard Appleton -- Resuscitation and acute treatment of brain injuries (traumatic and atraumatic) / Jane Ratcliffe -- Head (brain) injury rehabilitation team / Richard Appleton, Liz Furlong, and Tony Baldwin -- Immediate medical and nursing needs / Liz Furlong, Julie Sellars, Tamsyn Doyle and Richard Appleton -- Assessment and management of physical (motor and functional) difficulties / Nicola Henderson, Eileen Kinley, Sue Loughran with contributions from Susie Harrison, Paul Ritson, and Juliet Weston -- Assessment and management of feeding and swallowing difficulties / Helen Gore and Suzanne Wood --Speech and language difficulties / Helen Gore and Suzanne Wood -- Cognitive problems / Tony Baldwin, Colin Demellweek, Peter Rankin and Fran Carleton -- Emotional, behavioural, psychiatric and social problems / Colin Demellweek, Peter Rankin, and Tony Baldwin -- The impact of brain injury on the family / Colin Demellweek and Richard Appleton -- Community liaison / Jackie Gregg and Tony Baldwin -- Prevention of brain injury / Jackie Gregg and Richard Appleton -- The future / Richard Appleton -- A parent's and her daughter's view / Paula and Lizzie Pearson.
- Management of breast cancer in older women 2010, Springer1. Background and Epidemiology -- Basic Science of Breast Cancer in Older Patients / Irmgard Irminger-Finger -- Tumor Biology and Pathology / Virginie Durbecq and Denis Larsimont Clinical Epidemiology and the Impact of Co-Morbidity on Survival / Adri C. Voogd, Marieke J. Louwman and Jan Willem W. Coebergh -- 2. Special Considerations in the Management of Older Women -- Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment / Margot A. Gosney -- A Practical Mini-Guide to Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment / Siri Rostoft Kristjansson -- Impact of the Physiological Effects of Aging on the Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics of Systemic Breast Cancer Treatment / Paul Hamberg, Maja J. A. de Jonge and Caroline M. Seynaeve -- Impact of Hormone Replacement Therapy on Breast Cancer / Toral Gathani and Valerie Beral -- Experiences of a Multidisciplinary Elderly Breast Cancer Clinic: Using the Right Specialists, in the Same Place, with Time / Anne Stotter, Mohammad Tahir, Robert S. Pretorius and Thompson Robinson -- 3. Therapeutics -- Mammographic Breast Screening in Elderly Women / Lynda Wyld -- Primary Endocrine Therapy for the Treatment of Early Breast Cancer in Older Women / Lynda Wyld and Daniel Hind -- Peroperative Radiotherapy / Roberto Orecchia, Giovanni Battista Ivaldi and Maria Cristina Leonardi -- General and Local Anesthetics / Bernadette Th. Veering -- The Surgical Management of Breast Cancer in Elderly Women / Malcolm W. R. Reed, Lynda Wyld and Riccardo A. Audisio -- Breast Reconstruction / Marcus J. D. Wagstaff, Malcolm W. R. Reed and Christopher M. Caddy -- Adjuvant Endocrine Therapy / Laura Biganzoli -- Adjuvant Chemotherapy / Sumanta Kumar Pal, Nilesh Vora and Arti Hurria -- Adjuvant Radiotherapy / Pierre G. M. Scalliet -- Prevention and Treatment of Skeletal Complications / Matthew C. Winter, Helen L. Neville-Webbe and Robert E. Coleman -- Medical Management of Advanced Disease / Hans P. M. W. Wildiers -- The Use of Chemotherapy in Elderly Cancer Patients: Dose Adjusting, Drug Interactions, and Polypharmacy / Lazzaro Repetto and Claudia Di Bartolomeo -- 4. Psychosocial Considerations -- Delayed Presentation of Breast Cancer in Older Women / Lindsay J. L. Forbes and Amanda J. Ramirez -- Patient Decision Making / Martine Extermann -- Culture, Ethnicity, and Race: Persistent Disparities in Older Women with Breast Cancer / Antonella Surbone and Marjorie Kagawa-Singer -- Supportive, Palliative and End-of-Life Care for Older Breast Cancer Patients / Elaine Cachia, Ruth Broadhurst and Sam H. Ahmedzai.
- Management of breast diseases 2010, SpringerAnatomy and Physiology of the Breast -- Congenital and Developmental Abnormalities of the Breast -- Nipple Discharge -- Mastalgia -- Management of Common Lactation and Breastfeeding Problems -- Evaluation of a Breast Mass -- Breast Cancer Epidemiology -- Breast Cancer Screening -- Breast Imaging -- Premalignant and Malignant Breast Pathology -- Lobular Carcinoma in Situ -- Ductal Carcinoma in Situ -- Surgical Considerations in the Management of Primary Invasive Breast Cancer -- Sentinel Node Concept -- Breast Reconstructive Surgery -- The Role of Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer Management -- Adjuvant Systemic Therapy for Breast Cancer: An Overview -- Endocrine Therapy -- Chemotherapeutic Agents -- HER2-Targeted Therapy -- Inflammatory and Locally Advanced Breast Cancer -- Preoperative (Neoadjuvant) Systemic Therapy -- Metastatic Breast Cancer -- Hormone Replacement Therapy: A Critical Review -- Breast Diseases in Males -- Breast Cancer in the Elderly -- Breast Cancer in Younger Women -- Psychological Support for the Breast Cancer Patient -- Management of the Patient with a Genetic Predisposition for Breast Cancer -- Chemoprevention of Breast Cancer -- Design, Implementation, and Interpretation of Clinical Trials -- Structure of Breast Care Center -- Medicolegal Pitfalls in Breast Cancer Diagnosis and Management.
- Management of cancer in the older patient 2012, ScienceDirect
- Management of cardiac arrhythmias. 2nd ed. 2011, Springer
- Management of colorectal cancers in older people 2013, SpringerThe risk of cancer increases with age and the number of older adults seeking treatment is rising dramatically in line with the aging population. The care of older patients differs from that of younger adults because of variation in the biology of the tumor, age-related variation in host physiology, co-morbidity burden and psychosocial issues, which might impact the efficacy and side effects of cancer therapy. Management of Colorectal Cancers in Older People focuses on treatment strategies of colorectal cancers and provides guidance on the issues specific to older patients, spanning background and epidemiology, special considerations in the care of older people, therapeutics, and psychosocial considerations. This book offers a thorough review of current approaches to treating older colorectal cancer patients, detailing the special issues and considerations involved. The discipline-spanning coverage outlines best practice and proposes topics for future research. The third volume in the Management of Cancer in Older People series, this book will be of interest to all surgical oncologists, medical and radiation oncologists, gerontologists, proctologists and other members of the multidisciplinary team involved in the care of elderly colorectal cancer patients.
- Management of complications in refractive surgery 2008, SpringerCh. 1Refractive surgery outcomes and frequency of complications /Wallace Chamon and Norma Allemann --Ch. 2Influence of refractive surgery complications on quality of life /Konrad Pesudovs --Ch. 3LASIK: intraoperative (flap) complications /Stephen G. Slade --Ch. 3.2Incomplete LASIK flap /Helen K. Wu and Waleed A. Allam --Ch. 3.3Dislocated flaps: how to solve free flaps with no marks or flap malposition /Julio Baviera --Ch. 3.4Management of the distorted flap /David R. Hardten --Ch. 4.1Infections after refractive surgery /Jóse de la Cruz, Joelle Hallak, Dimitri Azar, and Sandeep Jain --Ch. 4.2Diffuse lamellar keratitis /Marlene J. Brown, David R. Hardten, Elizabeth A. Davis and Richard L. Lindstrom --Ch. 4.3Pressure-induced interlamellar stromal keratitis /Sadeer B. Hannush and Michael W. Belin --Ch. 4.4Prevention and management of flap striae after LASIK /Roger F. Steinert --Ch. 4.5Marginal sterile corneal infiltrates after LASIK /Renato Ambrósio Jr., Daniela Jardim, and Bruno M. Fontes --Ch. 4.6Ptosis /Bryan S. Sires --Ch. 4.7Melting /José L. Güell, Merce Morral, Oscar Gris, Javier Gaytan, and Felicidad Manero --Ch. 5.1Dry eye /Jerome C. Ramos-Estevan and Steven Wilson --Ch. 5.2Epithelial ingrowth /Gustavo E Tamayo --Ch. 5.3Corneal ectasia /J. Bradley Randleman and R. Doyle Stulting --Ch. 5.4Scarring /Eric E. Gabison and Thanh Hoang-Xuan --Ch. 6Refractive miscalculation with refractive surprise --Ch. 6.1Sphere /Arturo S. Chayet and Luis F. Torres --Ch. 6.2Cylinder /Noel Alpins and Gemma Walsh --Ch. 7.1Optical implications of corneal photorefractive surgery /Vikentia J. Katsanevaki --Ch. 7.2Night vision disturbances after refractive surgery /César Albarrán, David Piñero, and Jorge L. Alió --Ch. 7.3Decentration /Jonathan H. Talamo --Ch. 7.4Corneal irregularity /Jorge L. Alió --Ch. 8Optic neuropathy and retinal complications after refractive surgery /J. Fernando Arevalo, Reinaldo A. Garcia, Rafael A. Garcia-Amaris, and Juan G. Sanchez --Ch. 9.1Complications and management with the femtosecond laser /Karl G. Stonecipher, Teresa S. Ignacio, and Kody G. Stonecipher --9.2Management of a perforated femtosecond laser-created flap /Vance Thompson --Ch. 10Corneal haze after refractive surgery /David Fahd, José de la Cruz, Sandeep Jain and Dimitri Azar --Ch. 11Complications of LASEK /David P.S. O'Brart --Ch. 12Complications of refractive keratotomy /Carlo F. Lovisolo, Alessandro Mularoni, Antonio Calossi, Charles Wm. Stewart --Ch. 13Anterior chamber angle-supported complications: prevention and treatment /Orkun Muftuoglu and Jorge L. Alió --Ch. 13. 2Complications of iris-supported phakic IOLs /Antonio A.P. Marinho --Ch. 13.3Complications of posterior chamber phakic intraocular lenses /Carlo F. Lovisolo and Fabio Mazzolani --Ch. 14. 1Retinal detachment /José Ma Ruiz-Moreno, Jorge L. Alió, and Mohamed H. Shabayek --Ch. 14.2Refractive lens exchange and choroidal neovascularization /Emanuel Rosen --Ch. 14.3Refractive surprises after cataract post-corneal refractive surgery /Béatrice Cochener and Jean Louis Arne --Ch. 15.1Cataract surgery complications of radial keratotomy /Howard Fine, Richard S. Hoffman, Mark Packer, and Laurie Brown --Ch. 15.2Complications of conductive keratoplasty /Marguerite B. McDonald --Ch. 16Complications of intrastromal corneal ring segments /Mohamed H. Shabayek and Jorge A. Alió --Ch. 17Corneal inlays (synthetic keratophakia) /M. Emilia Mulet, Jorge A. Alió, and Michael Knorz --Ch. 18.1Predicting the unhappy patient and patient expectations /Nayyirih G. Tahzib and Rudy M.M.A. Nuijts --Ch. 18.2Informed consent /James J. Salz --Ch. 18.3Effect of refractive surgery on strabismus and binocular vision /Bharavi Kharod and Natalie A. Afshari --Ch. 19.110-year classified review of the peer review literature on excimer laser refractive complications /Takashi Kojima, Tatsuya Ongucci, Joelle Hallak, and Dimitri Azar --Ch. 19.210-year review of the literature on complications of incisional, thermal and lenticular refractive procedures /Tatsuya Ongucci, Takashi Kojima, and Dimitri Azar --EpilogPreventing complications in refractive surgery: present and future /George Waring III.
- Introduction -- Study design and planning -- Data definition, forms, and database design -- Computer systems for data management and data entry -- Patient registration -- Local data management systems -- Central quality control of data -- Data management and good clinical practice -- Software tools for trials management -- Follow-up and close-out phase -- Training, education, and documentation -- Clinical trials collaboration models.
- Management of eating disorders and obesity. 2nd ed. 2005, SpringerBulimia nervosa / Steven J. Romano -- Counseling patients with bulimia nervosa / Tricia Cook Myers and James E. Mitchell -- Pharmacologic therapy of bulimia nervosa / James I. Hudson, Harrison G. Pope, Jr., and William P. Carter -- Prevention of eating disorders: a nutritional perspective / Cheryl L. Rock -- Anorexia nervosa / Steven J. Romano -- Treatment of anorexia nervosa / L.K. George Hsu -- Pharmacological therapy for anorexia nervosa / Walter H. Kaye -- The Internet and eating disorders / David J. Goldstein -- Etiologies of obesity / Richard L. Atkinson -- Medical consequences of obesity and benefits of weight loss / Lalita Khaodhiar and George L. Blackburn -- Obese patients with binge-eating disorder / Marsha D. Marcus and Michele D. Levine -- Overview and the future of obesity treatment / Lisa Terre, Walker S.C. Poston II, and John P. Foreyt -- The role of physical activity, exercise, and nutrition in the treatment of obesity / Edward T. Mannix ... [et al.].Lifestyle modification in the treatment of obesity / Anthony N. Fabricatore and Thomas A. Wadden -- Very low-calorie diets / Stephen D. Phinney -- Pharmacotherapy of obesity / George A. Bray -- Combination therapies for obesity / Richard L. Atkinson and Gabriel Uwaifo -- Genetics and potential treatments for obesity / José R. Fernández and David J. Goldstein -- The role of hunger and satiety in weight management / Michael Penn and David J. Goldstein -- Surgical interventions for the management of obesity / Scott A. Shikora, David Smith, and Julie J. Kim -- Clinical experience in a comprehensive weight-management center / Judy Loper and Richard A. Lutes -- The multidisciplinary team in the management of obesity / Patrick Mahlen O'Neil and Sherry Rieder -- The Internet and obesity treatment / David J. Goldstein -- Barriers to treatment / Arthur Frank -- Prevention of obesity / Barbara C. Hansen.
- Management of erectile dysfunction in clinical practice 2007, Springer
- Management of gynecological cancers in older women 2013, Springer
- Management of health risks from environment and food 2010, Springer
- Management of heart failure v.1-2, 2008., Springerv.2, 2008 Springerv. 1. Medical / edited by Ragavendra R. Baliga, Bertram Pitt, and Michael M. Givertz -- v. 2. Surgical / edited by Jai Raman.
- Management of hepatitis C 2002, NLM
- Management of laboratory animal care and use programs 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Management of pediatric obesity and diabetes 2011, Springer
- Management of Prader-Willi syndrome. 3rd ed. 2006, SpringerClinical findings and natural history of Prader-Willi syndrome / Merlin G. Butler, Jeanne M. Hanchett, and Travis Thompson -- Diagnostic criteria for Prader-Willi syndrome / Shawn E. McCandless and Suzanne B. Cassidy -- Molecular genetic findings in Prader-Willi syndrome / Karin Buiting and Bernhard Horsthemke -- Laboratory testing for Prader-Willi syndrome / Kristin G. Monaghan and Daniel L. Van Dyke -- Medical considerations in Prader-Willi syndrome / Urs Eiholzer and Phillip D.K. Lee -- Gastrointestinal system, obesity, and body composition / Ann O. Scheimann, Phillip D.K.Lee, and Kenneth J. Ellis -- Growth hormone and Prader-Willi syndrome / Aaron L. Carrel, Phillip D.K. Lee, and Harriette R. Mogul -- Neurodevelopmental and neuropsychological aspects of Prader-Willi syndrome / Barbara Y. Whitman and Travis Thompson -- Speech and language disorders associated with Prader-Willi syndrome / Barbara A. Lewis -- Motor and developmental interventions / Toni Goelz -- Educational considerations for children with Prader-Willi syndrome / Naomi Chedd, Karen Levine, and Robert H. Wharton -- Tools for psychological and behavioral management / Barbara Y. Whitman and Kevin Jackson -- Educational and social issues for adolescents with Prader-Willi syndrome / Barbara J. Goff -- Transition from adolescence to young adulthood: the special case of Prader-Willi syndrome / Ellie Kazemi and Robert M. Hodapp --Vocational training for people with Prader-Willi syndrome / Steve Drago -- Residential care for adults with Prader-Willi syndrome / Mary K. Ziccardi -- Inpatient crisis intervention for persons with Prader-Willi syndrome / Linda M. Gourash, James E. Hanchett, and Janice L. Forster -- Social work interventions: advocacy and support for families / Barbara Y. Whitman -- A national approach to crisis intervention and advocacy / David A. Wyatt -- Advocacy issues: school discipline and expulsion / Barbara J. Goff -- Advocacy issues: sexuality / Janalee Heinemenn, David A. Wyatt, and Barbara J. Goff.
- Management of prostate cancer 2012, SpringerEpidemiology of Prostate Cancer in Europe /Ruben G. Cremers and Lambertus A. Kiemeney --Chemoprevention of Prostate Cancer /Bertrand Tombal --Individual and Mass Screening /Chris H. Bangma, Pim J. van Leeuwen and Monique J. Roobol --Anatomo-Pathology /Theodorus H. Van der Kwast --Biomarkers for Prostate Cancer /Gisele H. J. M. Leyten, Peter F. A. Mulders and Jack A. Schalken --Diagnosis, Clinical Work Up, TNM Classification, Markers /Jean-Luc Descotes and Anne-Sophie Gauchez --Active Surveillance for Favorable Risk Prostate Cancer: Background, Patient Selection, Triggers for Intervention, and Outcomes /Laurence Klotz --Open Radical Prostatectomy /Hein van Poppel and Steven Joniau --Robot-Assisted Radical Prostatectomy /Stefan Carlsson and Nils Peter Wiklund --Permanent Prostate Brachytherapy /Jan J. Battermann --High-Dose-Rate Brachytherapy: Indications, Technique, and Results /Alberto Bossi, Rodolfe Verstraet, Lucie Calmels and Pierre Blanchard.Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy for Prostate Cancer /Olivier Chapet, Corina Udrescu and Ciprian Enachescu --Combination of Androgen Deprivation Therapy and Radiation Therapy for Locally Advanced and Localized Prostate Cancer /Michel Bolla and Camille Verry --Postoperative Irradiation: Immediate or Early Delayed? /Dirk Bottke and Thomas Wiegel --High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU) for Prostate Cancer /Albert Gelet, Sebastien Crouzet, Olivier Rouviere and Jean-Yves Chapelon --Cryotherapy /Matvey Tsivian and Thomas J. Polascik --Follow-up After Radical Treatments and Relapse /Nicolas Mottet --First-Line Hormonal Manipulation of Prostate Cancer /Suresh Venugopal and John Anderson --Resistance to Chemical Castration: Second-Line Hormonal Treatment /Yohann Loriot, Christophe Massard and Karim Fizazi --Targeted Therapies and Vaccination /Guru Sonpavde and Cora N. Sternberg --How to Interpret Results? /Laurence Collette --Management of Prostate Cancer: EAU Guidelines on Screening, Diagnosis and Treatment /Axel Heidenreich --Better Patients' Perspective /Louis J. Denis.
- Localized disease : treatment and outcomes -- Predicting outcomes : artificial neural networks and nomograms / Audrey C. Rhee ... [et al.] -- When is observation appropriate? / Kisseng Hsieh and Peter C. Albertsen -- Contemporary technique of radical prostatectomy : open approach / Eric A. Klein -- Contemporary technique of radical prostatectomy : laparoscopic approach / Sidney C. Abreu, Andrew P. Steinberg, and Inderbir S. Gill -- Contemporary technique of radical prostatectomy : perineal approach / Vernon E. Weldon -- Anesthetic considerations for contemporary radical prostatectomy / Jerome F. O'Hara, Jr. and David Whalley -- Conformal external beam radiotherapy / Arul Mahadevan and Patrick A. Kupelian -- Brachytherapy / Kenneth W. Angermeier and Jay P. Ciezki -- Androgen deprivation and radiation therapy for localized prostate cancer/ Patrick A. Kupelian and Tom Carlson -- Prostate brachytherapy : the role of supplemental external beam radiotherapy / Gregory S. Merrick and Wayne M. Butler -- Health-related quality-of-life issues / John T. Wei and David Miller -- The evaluation and management of post-prostatectomy urinary incontinence / Adonis Hijaz ... [et al.] --Screening, risk factors, diagnosis, and prevention -- Prostate cancer overdiagnosis and overtreatment : analysis of us mortality and seer incidence trends in the PSA and pre-PSA era / Robert A. Stephenson -- Total, complexed, and free PSA forms and human glandular kallikrein 2 : clinical application for early detection and staging of prostate cancer / Alexander Haese and Alan W. Partin -- Defining an optimum PSA-based screening strategy for young men / Judd W. Moul -- Hereditary prostate cancer and genetic risk / Phillippa J. Neville, Graham Casey, and John S. Witte -- Strategies for chemoprevention of prostate cancer / Ronald Lieberman ... [et al.] -- The special problems of prostate cancer among African Americans : clinical and molecular factors / Isaac J. Powell -- Contemporary issues in pathological evaluation / Howard S. Levin -- Current trends in biopsy techniques / Joseph C. Presti, Jr. --Sural nerve grafting during radical prostatectomy : techniques and results / Edward D. Kim -- Management of erectile dysfunction following radical prostatectomy / Craig D. Zippe and Rupesh Raina -- Counseling patients with localized prostate cancer : radiation or surgery? / Eric A. Klein and Patrick A. Kupelian -- Counseling the patient with prostate cancer : the radiation oncologist's perspective / Anthony Zietman -- Counseling patients on choice of therapy : the medical oncologist's perspective / Celestia S. Higano -- Emotional and informational support for the patient undergoing -- Radical prostatectomy / Dorothy A. Calabrese -- Prostate cancer : a survivor's view / Nathaniel K. Cooke -- Prostate cancer : a spouse's view / Nancy Cooke --Advanced disease : management of PSA recurrence after definitive therapy for prostate cancer / Ilia S. Zeltser, Richard K. Valicenti, and Leonard G. Gomella -- When to refer a patient with prostate cancer to a medical oncologist : the earlier the better / Jeanne Smoot and Nancy A. Dawson -- Management of newly diagnosed metastatic disease / Thomas E. Hutson -- Management of the patient with androgen-independent metastatic prostate cancer / Robert Dreicer -- Bone-targeted therapy for prostate cancer / Navjeet Gandhok and Oliver Sartor -- Applied molecular biology : biology of PSMA as a diagnostic and therapeutic target / Sam S. Chang, Neil H. Bander, and Warren D. W. Heston -- Opportunities for targeted molecular therapy for prostate cancer / Evan Y. Yu ... [et al.].
- Management of prostate cancer. 3rd ed. 2013, SpringerEpidemiology and risk factors / Ranko Miocinovic -- Twenty years and counting : is PSA still useful in 2010? / Haluk Ozen and Sertac Yazici -- Prostate cancer screening : a review of the evidence with clinical practice implications / Timothy J. Wilt -- Beyond PSA : promising new markers for prostate cancer / Leonard Marks -- Hereditary prostate cancer and genetic risk / Adam C. Reese, Graham Casey, and John S. Witte -- Prostate inflammation and prostate cancer / William G. Nelson ... [et al.] -- Molecular progression of prostate cancer : androgens and estrogens / Stephen A. Boorjian and Donald J. Tindall -- The role of obesity and diet in prostate cancer / Jean-Alfred Thomas II and Stephen J. Freedland -- Prostate cancer risk reduction by chemoprevention / Kenneth G. Nepple, Adam S. Kibel, and Gerald L. Andriole -- Current issues in pathologic evaluation / Sara M. Falzarano, Howard S. Levin, and Cristina Magi-Galluzzi -- Optimum prostate biopsy : techniques and strategies / Osama M. Zaytoun and J. Stephen Jones -- The utility of nomograms in routine clinical practice / Carvell T. Nguyen and Michael W. Kattan -- Active surveillance comes of age / Laurence Klotz -- Focal therapy : prostate hemiablation as the first historical treatment model for focal therapy of early stage prostate cancer / Vladimir Mouraviev and Thomas J. Polascik -- Contemporary external beam radiotherapy / Rahul Tendulkar and Kevin Stephans -- Surgery, brachytherapy, or external beam radiation for low- and intermediate-risk disease? / Jay P. Ciezki and Eric A. Klein -- The role for radical prostatectomy in advanced prostate cancer / R. Jeffrey Karnes and Michael L. Blute -- Radiation therapy in the management of locally advanced prostate cancer / Joseph D. Mancias and Anthony L. Zietman -- Clinical implications of measuring quality-of-life in early stage prostate cancer / Peter Chang, Mehrdad Alemozaffar, and Martin G. Sanda -- Treatment modalities of post-prostatectomy incontinence : a historical perspective as well as current therapy options / Christina Ching and Drogo K. Montague -- Management of biochemical recurrence after localized treatment for prostate cancer / Stephen B. Williams and Toni K. Choueiri -- Management of newly diagnosed metastatic disease / C. Lance Cowey and Thomas E. Hutson -- Pitfalls of androgen deprivation therapy / Alicia K. Morgans and Matthew R. Smith -- Current management of castration-resistant prostate cancer (CRPC) / Jorge A. Garcia and Robert Dreicer -- Beta-emitting radiopharmaceuticals and bone metastasis / Oliver Sartor.
- Management of psoriasis 2009, KargerClinical spectrum and severity of psoriasis / Meier, M., Sheth, P.B. -- Impact of comorbidities on the management of psoriasis / Gerdes, S., Mrowietz, U. -- Topical treatment of psoriasis / Kamili, Q.u.A., Menter, A. -- Practice of phototherapy in the treatment of moderate-to-severe psoriasis / Nguyen, T. ... [et al.] -- Retinoids, methotrexate and cyclosporine / Dubertret, L. -- Monitoring patients treated with efalizumab or alefacept / Papp, K.A. -- Management of severe psoriasis with TNF antagonists : adalimumab, etanercept and infliximab / Mössner, R., Reich, K. -- Therapies for childhood psoriasis / Trüeb, R.M. -- Management of difficult to treat locations of psoriasis : scalp, face, flexures, palm/soles and nails / Kragballe, K. -- Future perspectives in the treatment of psoriasis / Wippel-Slupetzky, K., Stingl, G.
- Management of rare adult tumours 2009, Springer
- Management of sepsis 2009, Springer
- Management of soft tissue sarcoma 2013, SpringerManagement of Soft Tissue Sarcoma addresses the diagnosis and best current management of adult soft tissue sarcomas. Edited by world renonwed experts, this book dileneates and discusses each different sarcoma subtype individually --source other than Library of Congress.
- "This manual is part of a series of documents and tools that support the Integrated Management of Childhood Illness (IMCI)."--Foreword.
- Management of the patient at high risk for breast cancer 2013, Springer
- Management of thyroid cancer and related nodular disease 2006, Springer
- Management of urological cancers in older people 2013, Springer
- Cut costs and increase profits -- Guidelines -- Prescription for success -- Staffing for success -- Design decisions -- Trial design -- Exception handling -- Documentation -- Recruiting and retaining patients and physicians -- Computer-assisted data entry -- Data management -- Are you ready? -- Monitoring the trials -- Managing the trials -- Data analysis -- Check.
- Managing allergens in food 2007, CRCnetBASEpt. 1. What are food allergens and allergies? -- pt. 2. Allergens in foods - from raw to processed foods -- pt. 3. Assessing allergic risks and practical management of allergens in food.
- Managing care 2006, Springer
- Managing COPD 2011, SpringerMachine generated contents note: 1.Introduction -- The history of COPD -- What are the goals of therapy in COPD? -- What is achievable in primary care? -- Can COPD be managed successfully in primary care? -- A more positive attitude to COPD -- The palliative care approach -- 2.Epidemiology, risk factors and pathophysiology -- Definitions -- Epidemiology -- Social costs -- Risk factors -- Pathology of COPD -- Asthma and COPD -- Physiology -- Co-morbidities -- Assessment -- 3.The clinical consultation -- Introduction -- The interview -- Information giving -- Prognosis -- Summary -- 4.Management strategies -- Anti-smoking measures -- Bronchodilators -- Exacerbations and the use of antibiotics in COPD -- Vaccination of patients with COPD -- Oxygen -- Corticosteroids -- Combination inhalers -- Other drug therapies -- Non-invasive ventilation -- Pulmonary rehabilitation -- Nurse-led strategies -- Lung volume reduction -- Lung transplantation -- 5.Palliative care in COPD --Contents note continued: Symptom burden -- Advance Care Planning for COPD patients in the UK -- Discussing Advance Care Planning -- Symptom control -- Non-pharmacological interventions -- The future of palliative care in COPD -- 6.The future of COPD -- New bronchodilators -- More effective smoking cessation -- The problem of corticosteroid resistance in COPD -- New treatments for COPD -- Biomarkers of COPD -- Routes of drug delivery -- Non-pharmacological treatments -- Integrated care -- COPD in the developing world.
- Managing depression in clinical practice 2011, SpringerClassification, causes, and epidemiology. Different types of depression ; Causes of depression ; Epidemiology and natural history -- Depression in different types of patients. Depression in children ; Depression in elderly people ; Depression in women ; Depression in patients with comorbid medical conditions -- Diagnosis. Signs and symptoms of depression ; Differential diagnosis ; The patient examination and interview ; Laboratory tests for co-occurring illnesses -- Principles of therapy. Goals of treatment ; Treatment options ; Choice of treatment ; Practicalities of treatment ; Factors affecting response to treatment -- Medications. Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors ; Serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors ; Monoamine receptor antagonist drugs ; Norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors ; Dopamine reuptake inhibitors ; Tricyclic antidepressants ; Monoamine oxidase inhibitors ; Other drugs ; Specific adverse effects of antidepressants -- Other treatments. Psychotherapy for depression ; Combination psychotherapy and psychopharmacotherapy for depression ; Physical treatments ; Lifestyle and complementary therapies -- Management of treatment nonresponse. Assessment and principles of management ; Definitions: treatment nonresponse and treatment-resistant depression ; Medication strategies ; Psychological treatment strategies ; Physical treatment strategies -- Continuation and maintenance treatment. Goals of continuation/maintenance treatment ; Phases of treatment ; Medication ; Psychological treatments ; Physical treatments ; Risk factors for relapse and recurrence ; Longer-term treatment in practice.
- Managing failed anti-reflux therapy 2006, Springer
- Healthcare in the United States -- Types and structures of health services organizations and health systems -- Healthcare technology -- Ethical and legal environment -- The practice of management in health services organizations and health systems -- Managerial problem solving and decision making -- The quality imperative -- Strategizing -- Marketing -- Controlling and allocating resources -- Designing -- Leading -- Communication.
- Managing pharmacy practice 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Managing scientists. 2nd ed. 2004, Wileych. 1. Introduction -- ch. 2. The Condition of Being Different -- ch. 3. Understanding What Motivates You and What Motivates Others -- ch. 4. Understanding Your Leadership Style and That of Others -- ch. 5. Communicating Effectively -- ch. 6. Dealing with Conflict -- ch. 7. Creativity: The Influence of Structure, Size, and Formal Systems -- ch. 8. Project Management -- ch. 9. Discerning and Assessing Organizational Culture -- ch. 10. Leading Change.
- Managing skin cancer 2010, SpringerDiagnosis of Skin Cancer -- Histopathology of Skin Cancer -- Basal Cell Carcinoma -- Squamous Cell Carcinoma In Situ -- Invasive Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Skin -- Cutaneous Malignant Melanoma -- Merkel Cell Carcinoma -- Cutaneous Lymphomas -- Kaposi Sarcoma -- Other Skin Cancers. Fibrohistiocytic Skin Cancers and Extramammary Paget's Disease -- Skin Cancer Under Special Circumstances -- Skin Cancer Prevention.
- Managing sports injuries. 4th ed. 2011, ScienceDirectHealing -- Sports massage -- Taping in sport -- Physical training and injury -- Exercise therapy -- First contact management -- Lower limb motion during walking, running, and jumping -- The hip and thigh -- The knee -- The shin -- The ankle -- The foot -- The lumbar spine -- The thorax and thoracic spine -- The cervical spine -- Facial injury -- The shoulder -- The elbow -- The wrist and hand.
- Managing the injured athlete 2011, ScienceDirect
- Managing the laboratory animal facility 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Managing the laboratory animal facility. 2nd ed. 2009, CRCnetBASEThe basics of managing a laboratory animal facility -- The organizational environment -- The management of human resources -- Managing financial resources -- Management of information resources -- Time management -- Leadership.
- Managing your headaches. 2nd ed. 2005, SpringerHeadache for history buffs -- When is a headache more than "just a headache?": the secondary headaches -- The primary headache syndromes: when is a headache "just a headache?" -- The pharmacologic treatment of migraine -- Nonpharmacologic treatment of migraine -- Your visit to the doctor -- What to expect -- Append. Grant's migraine -- Migraine myths -- Baseline headache questionnaire -- Headache diary -- Medications previously tried for migraine: treatment.
- Mandell, Douglas, and Bennett's Principles and practice of infectious diseases. 6th ed. v. 1-2, 2005.Vol. 1. -- Part I - Basic principles in the diagnosis and management of infectious diseases -- Microbial virulence factors -- Host defense mechanisms -- Epidemiology of infectious diseases -- Clinical microbiology -- Anti-infective therapy -- Part II - Major clinical syndromes -- Fever -- Upper respiratory tract infections -- Pleuropulmonary and bronchial infections -- Urinary tract infection -- Sepsis -- Intra-abdominal infection -- Cardiovascular infections -- Central nervous system infections -- Skin and soft tissue infections -- Gastrointestinal infections and food poisoning -- Bone and joint infections -- Diseases of the reproductive organs and sexually transmitted diseases -- Eye infections -- Hepatitis -- Acquired immunodeficiency syndromes -- Miscellaneous syndromes --Vol. 2. -- Part III - Infectious diseases and their etiologic agents -- Viral diseases -- Prion diseases -- Chlamydial diseases -- Mycoplasma diseases -- Rickettsioses and ehrlichioses -- Bacterial diseases -- Mycoses -- Protozoal diseases -- Diseases due to toxic algae -- Diseases due to helminths -- Ectoparasitic diseases -- Diseases of unknown etiology -- Part IV - Special problems -- Nosocomial infections -- Infections in special hosts -- Surgical- and trauma-related infections -- Immunization -- Biodefense -- Zoonoses -- Protection of travelers -- The Internet.
- Mandell, Douglas, and Bennett's Principles and practice of infectious diseases. 7th ed. v. 1-2, 2010., MD Consult
- Conceptualizing manic-depressive illness: the bipolar-unipolar distinction and the development of the manic-depressive spectrum -- Clinical description -- Diagnosis -- Course and outcome -- Epidemiology -- Children and adolescents -- Comorbidity -- Suicide -- Neuropsychology -- Personality, personality disorders, and interpersonal functioning -- Assessment -- Creativity -- Genetics -- Neurobiology -- Neuroanatomy and neuroimaging -- Sleep and circadian rhythms -- Fundamentals of treatment -- Medical treatment of hypomania, mania, and mixed states -- Medical treatment of depression -- Maintenance medical treatment -- Medication adherence -- Psychotherapy -- Treatment of children and adolescents -- Treatment of comorbidity -- Clinical management of suicide risk.
- Manifestations of stroke 2012, Karger
- Manual endourology 2005, Springer
- "WHO has developed this manual in order to strengthen the laboratory diagnosis and virological surveillance of influenza infection by providing standard methods for the collection, detection, isolation and characterization of viruses"--Publisher's description.
- Manual of aesthetic surgery. 2, Breast augmentation, brachioplasty, abdominoplasty, thigh and buttock lift, liposuction, hair transplantation, adjuvant therapies, including spacelift v. 2, 2005, Springer
- Manual of aesthetic surgery. 2nd ed. 2010, Springer
- Manual of allergy and immunology. 4th ed. 2002, Ovid
- Introduction to the immune system / Lori Broderick, Taylor A. Doherty, and David Broide -- Immediate hypersensitivity : approach to diagnosis / Sarbjit S. Saini and Nkiruka Erekosima -- Aeroallergens and environmental factors / William Neaville, Robert Ausdenmoore, and Robert K. Bush -- Rhinitis / Candace Bouler Anz and Mark S. Dykewicz -- Sinusitis, nasal polyps, and otitis media / Ricardo A. Tan and Jonathan Corren -- Immunotherapy for inhalant allergens / Harold S. Nelson -- Allergic and immunologic disorders of the eye / Leonard Bielory -- Asthma diagnosis / Stephen C. Lazarus -- Asthma treatment / Joel M. Hartman ... [et al.] -- Immunologic diseases of the lung / Shefalee Amin, Michelle Zeidler, and Eric Kleerup -- Atopic dermatitis and contact dermatitis / Mark Boguniewicz, Marcella Aquino, and Luz Fonacier -- Urticaria and angioedema / Jeffrey R. Stokes and Mark H. Moss -- Anaphylaxis / Phil Lieberman and Debendra Pattanaik -- Insect allergy / David B. K. Golden -- Drug allergy / David A. Khan -- Allergic and non-allergic reactions to food / Stephen R. Boden and A. Wesley Burks -- Eosinophilic gastrointestinal disorders / Terri F. Brown-Whitehorn ... [et al.] -- Primary immunodeficiency diseases / Shradha Agarwal and Charlotte Cunningham-Rundles -- Approach to the patient with recurrent infections / Zuhair K. Ballas -- Diagnostic immunology / Thomas A. Fleisher, Joao Bosco Oliveira, and Jack J. H. Bleesing -- Adverse responses to vaccines / John M. Kelso -- Complementary medicine in allergy and immunology / Timothy Ryan Mainardi and Leonard Bielory -- Building related illness / Jessica Savage and Robert A. Wood.
- Speech and its disorders -- Articulation and phonological disorders -- Speech development -- Screening and assessment -- Analysis -- Treatment principles -- Facilitative techniques -- Summary: major assessment and treatment options.
- Manual of clinical anesthesiology 2012, OvidIntroduction to anesthesiology -- Monitoring -- Equipment and procedures -- Intraoperative fluid management and blood component therapy -- Neuraxial and regional anesthesia -- Pharmacology -- Anesthesia and comorbid diseases -- Pediatric anesthesia -- Anesthetic concerns in subspecialty anesthesia -- Postoperative concerns in anesthesia -- Atlas of anesthesia procedures -- Atlas of transesophageal echocardiography -- Atlas of peripheral nerve block procedures.
- Manual of clinical dialysis. 2nd ed. 2009, Springer
- Manual of clinical hematology. 3rd ed. 2002, Ovid
- Manual of clinical microbiology. 9th ed. v. 1-2, 2007.Introduction to the ninth edition of the Manual of clinical microbiology -- Laboratory management -- Laboratory design -- Laboratory consultation, communication, and information systems -- General principles of specimen collection and handling -- Procedures for the storage of microorganisms -- Decontamination, disinfection, and sterilization -- Prevention and control of laboratory-acquired infections -- Laboratory detection of potential agents of bioterrorism -- Infection control epidemiology and clinical microbiology -- Laboratory procedures for the epidemiological analysis of microorganisms -- Investigation of foodborne and waterborne disease outbreaks -- Microscopy -- Principles of stains and media -- Manual and automated systems for detection and identification of microorganisms -- Molecular detection and identification of microogranisms -- Susceptibility testing instrumentation and computerized expert systems for data analysis and interpretation -- Immunoassays for the diagnosis of infectious diseases -- Taxonomy and classification of bacteria -- Specimen collection, transport, and processing: bacteriology -- Reagents, stains, and media : bacterialogy -- Algorithm for identification of aerobic gram-positive cocci --Algorithm for identification of aerobic gram-positive rods -- Algorithms for identification of aerobic gram-negative bacteria -- Algorithm for identification of anaerobic bacteria -- Aglorithms for indentification of curved and spiral-shaped gram-negative rods -- Algorithms for identification of mycoplasma, ureaplasma, and obligate intracellular bacteria -- Staphylococcus, micrococcus, and other catalase-positive cocci -- Streptococcus -- Enterococcus -- Aerococcus, abiotrophia, and other aerobic catalase-negative, gram-positive coci -- Bacillus and other aerobic endospore-forming bacteria -- Listeria and erysipelothrix -- Coryneform gram-positive rods -- Nocardia, rhodoccus, gordonia, actinomadura, streptomyces,and other aerobic actinomycetes -- Mycobacterium : general characteristcs, laboratory detection, and staining procedures -- Mycobacterium : laboratory characteristcs of slowly growing mycobacteria -- Mycobacterium : clinical and laboratory characteristics of rapidly growing mycobacteria -- Neisseria -- Actinobacillus, capnocytophaga, eikenella, kingella, pasteurella, and other fastidious or rarely encountered gram-negative rods -- Haemophilus -- Enterobacteriaceae: introduction and identification -- Escherichia, shigella, and salmonella -- Yersinia -- Klebsiella, enterobacter, citrobacter, serratia, pleiomonas, and other enterobacteriaceae -- Aeromonas --Vibrio and related organisms -- Pseudomonas -- Bukholderia, stenotrophomonas, ralstonia, cupriavidus, pandoraea, brevundimonas, comamonas, delftia, and acidovorax -- Acinetobacter, achromobacter, chryseobacterium, moraxella, and other nonfermentive gram-negative rods -- Bordetella -- Francisella and brucella -- Legionella -- Bartonella -- Peptostreptococcus, finegoldia, anaerococcus, peptoniphilus, veillonella, and other anerobic cocci -- Propionibacterium, lactobacillus, actinomyces, and other non-spore-forming anaerobic gram-positive rods -- Clostridium -- Bacterioides, porphyromonas, prevotella, fusobacterium, and other anaerobic gram-negative rods -- Campylobacter and arcobacter -- Helicobacter -- Leptospira -- Borrelia -- Treponema and other human host-associated spirochetes -- Mycoplasma and ureaplasma -- Chlamydia and chlamydophila -- Rickettsia and orientia -- Ehrlichia, anaplasma, and related intracellular bacteria -- Coxiella -- Tropheryma -- Antibacterial agents -- Mechanisms of resistance to antibacterial agents -- Susceptibility test methods: general considerations -- Susceptibility test methods: dilution and disk diffusion methods -- Special phenotypic methods for detecting antibacterial resistance -- Susceptibility test methods: fastidious bacteria -- Susceptibility test methods: anaerobic bacteria -- Suseptibility test methods : mycobacteria, nocardia, and other actinomycetes -- Detection and characterization of antimicrobial reistance genes in pathogenic bacteria -- Taxonomy and classification of viruses --Specimen collection, transport, and processing : virology -- Reagents, stains, media, and cell lines : virology -- Algorithms for detection and identification of viruses -- Human immunodeficiency viruses -- Human T-cell lymphotropic virus types 1 and 2 -- Influenza viruses -- Parainfluenza and mumps viruses -- Respiratory syncytial virus and human metapneumovirus -- Measles and rubella viruses -- Enteroviruses and parechoviruses -- Rhinoviruses -- Coronaviruses -- Hepatitis A and E viruses -- Heptatitis C and G viruses -- Rotaviruses, caliciviruses, astrofiruses, enteric adenoviruses, and other diarrheic viruses -- Rabies virus -- Hendra and nipah viruses -- Arboviruses -- Hantaviruses -- Arenaviruses and filoviruses -- Herpes simplex viruses and herpes B virus -- Varicella-zoster virus -- Human cytomegalovirus -- Epstein-Barr virus-- Human herpesviruses 6, 7, and 8 -- Adenoviruses - Human papillomaviruses -- Human polyomaviruses -- Human parvoviruses -- Poxviruses -- Hepatitis B and D viruses -- Transmissible spongiform encephalopathies -- Antiviral agents -- Mechanisms of resistance to antiviral agents --- Suseptibility test methods: viruses -- Taxonomy and classification of fungi -- Specimen collection, transport, and processing : mycology -- Reagents, stains, and media : mycology -- Algorithms for detection and identification of fungi --Candida, cryptococcus, and other yeasts of medical importance -- Pneumocystis -- Aspergillus, fusarium, and other opportunisitc moniliaceous fungi -- Rhizopus, rhizomucor, absidia, and other agents of systemic and subcutaneous zygomycoses -- Histoplasma, blastomyces, coccidioides, and other dimorphic fungi causing systemic mycoses -- Trichophyton, microsporum, epidermophyton, and agents of superficial mycoses -- Bipolaris, exophiala, scedosporium, sporothrix, and other dematiaceous -- Fungi causing eumycotic mycetoma -- Mycotoxins -- Lacazia pythium, and rhinosporidium -- Antifungal agents -- Mechanisms of resistance to antifungal agents -- Susceptibility test methods : yeasts and filamentous fungi -- Taxonomy and classification of human parasites -- Specimen collection, transport, and processing : parasitology -- Reagents, stains, and media : parasitology -- Algorithms for detection and identification of parasites -- Plasmodium and babesia -- Leishmania and trypanosoma -- Toxoplasma -- Pathogenic and opportunistic free-living amebae -- Intestinal and urogenital amebae, flagellates, and ciliates -- Isopora, cyclospora, and sarcocystis -- Cryptosporidium -- Microsporidia -- Nematodes -- Filarial nematodes -- Cestodes -- Trematodes -- Less common helminths -- Arthropods of medical importance -- Antiparasitic agents -- Mechanisms of resistance to antiparasitic agents -- Susceptibility test methods: parasites.
- Manual of clinical psychopharmacology. 7th ed. 2010, PsychiatryOnline
- Manual of dermatologic therapeutics. 7th ed. 2007, Ovid
- From the Publisher: Prepared by the faculty of the National Emergency Airway Management Course, this manual is an expert, practical guide to emergency airway management in any adult or pediatric patient. It offers step-by-step instructions on techniques, drug administration, and prevention and management of complications and includes a complete section on difficult clinical scenarios. The book is packed with easy-to-follow algorithms and diagrams and helpful mnemonics. Each of the Third Edition's chapters includes improved full-color illustrations and updated evidence-based analyses of procedures. A new section geared to the prehospital setting presents current National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians guidelines, including alternative airway devices.
- Manual of family practice. 2nd ed. 2002, Ovid
- Manual of fast track recovery for colorectal surgery 2012, Springer
- Manual of gastroenterology. 4th ed. 2008, Ovid
- Manual of geriatric anesthesia 2013, Springer
- Manual of heart failure management 2009, Springer
- Manual of intensive care medicine. 4th ed. 2006, Ovid
- Diagnostic testing -- Blood studies : hematology and coagulation -- Urine studies -- Stool studies -- Cerebrospinal fluid studies -- Chemistry studies -- Microbiologic studies -- Immunodiagnostic studies -- Nuclear medicine studies -- X-ray studies -- Cytologic, histologic, and genetic studies -- Endoscopic studies -- Ultrasound studies -- Pulmonary function, arterial blood gases (ABGs), and electrolyte studies -- Prenatal diagnosis and tests of fetal well-being -- Special diagnostic, special specimen collection, and postmortem studies.
- Manual of laparoscopic urology 2008, Springer
- Fetal assessment and prenatal diagnosis -- Diabetes mellitus -- Thyroid disorders -- Preeclampsia and related conditions -- Resuscitation in the delivery room -- Birth trauma -- The high-risk newborn: anticipation, evaluation, management, and outcome -- Assessment of the newborn history and physical examination of the newborn -- Care of the well newborn -- Common genetic problems in the newborn -- Multiple births -- Maternal drug abuse, exposure, and withdrawal -- Care of the extremely low birth weight infant -- Developmentally supportive care -- Temperature control -- Follow-up care of very preterm and very low birth weight infants -- Neonatal transport -- Discharge planning -- Decision making and ethical dilemmas -- Management of neonatal end-of-life care and bereavement follow-up -- Nutrition -- Breastfeeding -- Fluid and electrolyte management -- Hypoglycemia and hyperglycemia -- Abnormalities of serum calcium and magnesium -- Neonatal hyperbilirubinemia -- Necrotizing enterocolitis -- Renal conditions -- Mechanical ventilation -- Blood gas and pulmonary function monitoring -- Apnea -- Transient tachypnea of the newborn -- Respiratory distress syndrome -- Bronchopulmonary dysplasia/chronic lung disease -- Meconium aspiration -- Persistent pulmonary hypertension of the newborn -- Pulmonary hemorrhage -- Pulmonary air leak -- Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation -- Shock -- Cardiac disorders -- Blood products used in the newborns -- Bleeding -- Neonatal thrombosis -- Anemia -- Polycythemia -- Neonatal thrombocytopenia -- Viral infections -- Bacterial and fungal infections -- Congenital toxoplasmosis -- Syphilis -- Tuberculosis -- Lyme disease -- Intracranial hemorrhage -- Perinatal asphyxia and hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy -- Neonatal seizures -- Neural tube defects -- Orthopaedic problems -- Osteopenia (metabolic bone disease) of prematurity -- Inborn errors of metabolism -- Disorders of sex development -- Surgical emergencies in the newborn -- Skin care -- Retinopathy of prematurity -- Hearing loss in neonatal intensive care unit graduates -- Common neonatal procedures -- Preventing and treating pain and stress among infants in the newborn intensive care unit -- Appendix A: Common neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) medication guidelines -- Appendix B: Effects of maternal drugs on the fetus -- Appendix C: Maternal medications and breastfeeding.
- Manual of neonatal respiratory care. 3rd ed. 2012, SpringerPart 1.Lung Development and Maldevelopment --Development of the Respiratory System --Developmental Lung Anomalies --Part 2.Principles of Mechanical Ventilation --Spontaneous Breathing --Pulmonary Gas Exchange --Oxygen Therapy --Oxygen Toxicity --Pulmonary Mechanics --Basic Principles of Mechanical Ventilation --Classification of Mechanical Ventilation Devices --Ventilator Parameters --Respiratory Gas Conditioning and Humidification --Part 3.Procedures and Techniques --Clinical Examination --Neonatal Resuscitation --Laryngoscopy and Endotracheal Intubation --Vascular Access --Tracheostomy --Part 4.Monitoring the Ventilated Patient --Continuous Monitoring Techniques --Pulse Oximetry --Interpretation of Blood Gases --Neonatal Pulmonary Graphics --Radiography --Transillumination --Echocardiography --Bronchoscopy --Part 5.Non-Invasive Ventilatory Techniques --Nasal Cannula Therapy --Continuous Positive Airway Pressure --Non-invasive Ventilation --Part 6.Ventilatory Modes and Modalities --Positive End-Expiratory Pressure --Intermittent Mandatory Ventilation --Synchronized Intermittent Mandatory Ventilation --Assist/Control Ventilation --Volume-Targeted Ventilation --Pressure Control Ventilation --Pressure Support Ventilation --Proportional Assist Ventilation --Part 7.High-Frequency Ventilation --High-Frequency Ventilation: General Concepts --High-Frequency Jet Ventilation --High-Frequency Oscillatory Ventilation --Part 8.Commonly Used Neonatal Ventilators --VIP Bird Gold Ventilator --AVEA Ventilator --Bear Cub 750PSV --Newport Wave --Newport e360 --Dräger Babylog VN500 Infant and Pediatric Ventilator --SERVO-i Ventilator and Neurally Adjusted Ventilatory Assist (NAVA) --SLE5000 and SLE4000 Infant Ventilators --Bunnell Life Pulse High-Frequency Jet Ventilator --Sensormedics 3100A High-Frequency Oscillatory Ventilator --Part 9.Adjunctive Therapies --Hemodynamic Support --Nutritional Support of the Ventilated Infant --Surfactant Replacement Therapy --Pharmacologic Agents --Automatic Control of Oxygen Delivery --Sedation and Analgesia --Inhaled Nitric Oxide Therapy --Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation --Liquid Ventilation for Neonatal Respiratory Failure --Part 10.Management of Common Neonatal Respiratory Diseases --Mechanisms of Respiratory Failure --Tissue Hypoxia --Indications for Mechanical Ventilation --Respiratory Distress Syndrome --Pneumonia --Meconium Aspiration Syndrome --Persistent Pulmonary Hypertension of the Newborn --Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia --Pulmonary Hypoplasia/Agenesis --Apnea Syndromes --Weaning and Extubation --Part 11.Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia --Etiology and Pathogenesis --Management --Long-Term Outcome of Newborns with Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia --Part 12.Complications Associated With Mechanical Ventilation --Thoracic Air Leaks --Patent Ductus Arteriosus --Neonatal Pulmonary Hemorrhage --Retinopathy of Prematurity --Neurologic Complications of Mechanical Ventilation --Part 13.Other Considerations --Nursing Care of the Ventilated Infant --Transport of Ventilated Babies --Home Ventilation --Discharge Planning and Follow-Up of the NICU Graduate --Part 14.Ethical and Legal Considerations --Initiation of Life Support at the Border of Viability --Withdrawal of Ventilatory Support --Medical Liability, Documentation, and Risk Management --Part 15.Research and the Literature --Interpreting Medical Literature.
- Manual of nephrology. 7th ed. 2009, OvidThe edematous patient : cardiac failure, cirrhosis, and nephrotic syndrome / Robert W. Schrier and David H. Ellison -- The patient with hyponatremia or hypernatremia / Robert W. Schrier and Tomas Berl -- The patient with hypokalemia or hyperkalemia / Catherine L. Kelleher and Stuart L. Linas -- The patient with an acid-base disorder / William D. Kaehny -- The patient with disorders of serum calcium and phosphate / Jeffrey G. Penfield and Robert F. Reilly -- The patient with kidney stones / Amir S.A. Naderi and Robert F. Reilly -- The patient with urinary tract infection / Marilyn E. Levi and L. Barth Reller -- The patient with hematuria, proteinuria, or both, and abnormal findings on urinary microscopy / Sharon G. Adler and Kenneth Fairley -- The patient with glomerulonephritis or vasculitis / Joshua M. Thurman and Alexander Wiseman -- The patient with acute renal failure / Sarah Faubel, Robert E. Cronin, and Charles L. Edelstein -- The patient with chronic kidney disease / Michael Chonchol and David M. Spiegel -- The patient receiving chronic renal replacement with dialysis / David M. Spiegel and Rebecca Moore -- The patient with a kidney transplant / Eric Gibney, Chirag Parikh, and Alkesh Jani -- The patient with kidney disease and hypertension in pregnancy / Phyllis August -- The patient with hypertension / Charles R. Nolan -- Practical guidelines for drug dosing in patients with impaired kidney function / George R. Aronoff and Michael E. Brier.
- Manual of neurologic therapeutics. 7th ed. 2004, Ovid
- Approach to nutrient deficiency -- Recommendations for healthy young adults -- Recommendations for healthy elderly adults -- Pregnancy and lactation -- Protein and calories: requirements, intake, and assessment -- Vitamins -- Minerals -- Alternative nutritional therapy -- Nutritional support decision making -- Enteral nutritional therapy -- Parenteral nutritional therapy -- Use of diets and dietary components in clinical practice -- Dietary management of diabetes, renal disease, and hyperlipidemia -- Obesity -- Nutritional considerations in chronic wasting diseases (cancer, AIDS).
- Manual of obstetrics. 7th ed. 2007, OvidPrenatal care -- Normal labor -- Obstetric anesthesia -- Puerperium -- Contraception, sterilization, and abortion -- Pregnancy loss and spontaneous abortion -- Ectopic pregnancy -- Preterm labor, premature rupture of membranes, and cervical insufficiency -- Third-trimester bleeding -- Abnormal labor -- Preeclampsia -- Cardiovascular disease and chronic hypertension -- Renal complications -- Respiratory complications -- Hepatobiliary complications -- Gastrointestinal complications -- Endocrine disorders: diabetes -- Endocrine disorders: thyroid, parathyroid, adrenal, and pituitary disease -- Hematologic complications -- Immunologic complications -- Vascular complications -- Thromboembolic disorders -- Infectious complications -- Neurologic complications -- Dermatologic complications -- Substance abuse -- Gynecologic complications -- Surgical problems and trauma -- Genetics, genetic counseling, and genetic risk assessment -- Teratogens and birth defects -- Obstetric ultrasound -- Fetal monitoring and testing -- Fetal growth abnormalities -- Multiple gestations -- Isoimmunization -- Disease of the placenta -- Neonatal resusciatation -- Neonatal complications.
- Ocular examination techniques and diagnostic tests / Pedram Hamrah and Deborah Pavan-Langston -- Burns and trauma / Deborah Pavan-Langston and Pedram Hamrah -- Eyelids and lacrimal system / Peter A.D. Rubin -- Orbital disorders / Peter A.D. Rubin -- Cornea and external disease / Kathryn Colby and Deborah Pavan-Langston -- Refractive surgery / Dimitri T. Azar -- The crystalline lens and cataract / Dimitri T. Azar and Jose J. de la Cruz Napoli -- Retina and vitreous / Peter Reed Pavan, Andrew Burrows, and Deborah Pavan-Langston -- Uveal tract: iris, ciliary body, and choroid / Deborah Pavan-Langston, Anat Galor, and Victor L. Perez -- Glaucoma / Deborah Pavan-Langston, Stacey C. Brauner, and Cynthia L. Grosskreutz -- Pediatric ophthalmology / Gena Heidary and Melanie Kazlas -- Extraocular muscles, strabismus, and nystagmus / Deborah Pavan-Langston and Nathalie Azar -- Neuro-ophthalmology: visual fields, optic nerve, and pupil / Shirley H. Wray -- Refractive error, clinical optics, and contact lenses / Jill E. Beyer and Deborah Pavan-Langston -- Ocular manifestations of systemic disease / Deborah Pavan-Langston -- Ocular toxicity of systemic drugs / Deborah Pavan-Langston.
- Classifications of fractures, dislocations, and sports-related injuries -- Musculoskeletal diseases and related terms -- Imaging techniques -- Orthopaedic tests, signs, and maneuvers -- Laboratory evaluations -- Casts, splints, dressings, and traction -- Prosthetics and orthotics -- Anatomy and orthopaedic surgery -- The spine -- The hand and wrist -- The foot and ankle -- Musculoskeletal research.
- Manual of orthopaedics. 6th ed. 2006, OvidThe Diagnosis and management of musculoskeletal trauma / Peter A. Cole -- Complications of musculoskeletal trauma / Andrew H. Schmidt -- Prevention and management of acute musculoskeletal infections / Dean Tsukayama -- Acute nontraumatic joint conditions / Dennis R. Clohisy -- Pediatric orthopaedic conditions / Kevin R. Walker -- Common types of emergency splints / Marc F. Swiontkowski -- Cast and bandaging techniques / Marc F. Swiontkowski -- Orthopaedic unit care / John Stark and Marc F. Swiontkowski -- Traction / Marc F. Swiontkowski -- Operating room equipment and techniques / Marc F. Swiontkowski -- Acute spinal injury / Daryll C. Dykes -- Disorders and diseases of the spine / Ensor E. -- Transfeldt and David Polly -- Fractures of the clavicle / Peter A. Cole -- Sternoclavicular and acromioclavicular joint injuries / Peter A. Cole -- Acute shoulder injuries / Daniel D. Buss -- Nonacute shoulder disorders / Daniel D. Buss -- Fractures of the humerus / Thomas E. Varecka and Marc F. Swiontkowski -- Elbow and forearm injuries / Thomas E. Varecka and Marc F. Swiontkowski -- Acute wrist and hand injuries / Matthew D. Putnam -- Nonacute elbow, wrist and hand conditions / Matthew D. Putnam -- Fractures of the pelvis / Marc F. Swiontkowski and David C. Templeman -- Hip dislocations, femoral head fractures, and acetabular fractures / Marc F. Swiontkowski and David C. Templeman -- Fractures of the femur / Andrew H. Schmidt -- Knee injuries: acute and overuse / Elizabeth A. Arendt -- Fractures of the tibia / Mohit Bhandari and Marc F. Swiontkowsk -- Ankle injuries / Fernando A. Pena -- Fractures and dislocations of the foot / J. Chris Coetzee -- Overuse and miscellaneous conditions of the foot and ankle / J. Chris Coetzee -- Aspiration and injection of upper and lower extremities / Fernando A. Pena.
- Manual of orthopaedics. 7th ed. Lane Catalog record
- Manual of outpatient cardiology 2012, Springer
- Manual of pathology of the human placenta. 2nd ed. 2011, Springer
- Manual of pediatric hematology and oncology. 5th ed. 2011, ScienceDirectChapter 1. Classification and Diagnosis of Anemia in Children -- Chapter 2. Anemia During the Neonatal Period -- Chapter 3. Iron-Deficiency Anemia -- Chapter 4. Megaloblastic Anemia -- Chapter 5. Hematologic Manifestations of Systemic Illness -- Chapter 6. Bone Marrow Failure -- Chapter 7. Red Cell Membrane and Enzyme Defects -- Chapter 8. Hemoglobinopathies -- Chapter 9. Extracorpuscular Hemolytic Anemia -- Chapter 10. Polycythemia -- Chapter 11. Disorders of White Blood Cells -- Chapter 12. Disorders of Platelets -- Chapter 13. Hemostatic Disorders -- Chapter 14. Thrombotic Disorders -- Chapter 15. Lymphadenopathy and Splenomegaly -- Chapter 16. Lymphoproliferative Disorders, Myelodysplastic Syndromes and Myeloproliferative Disorders -- Chapter 17. Leukemias -- Chapter 18. Histiocytosis Syndromes -- Chapter 19. Hodgkin Lymphoma -- Chapter 20. Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma -- Chapter 21. Central Nervous System Malignancies -- Chapter 22. Neuroblastoma -- Chapter 23. Renal Tumors -- Chapter 24. Rhabdomyosarcoma and Other Soft-Tissue Sarcomas -- Chapter 25. Malignant Bone Tumors -- Chapter 26. Retinoblastoma -- Chapter 27. Germ Cell Tumors -- Chapter 28. Hepatic Tumors -- Chapter 29. Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation -- Chapter 30. Management of Oncologic Emergencies -- Chapter 31. Supportive Care of Patients with Cancer -- Chapter 32. Evaluation, Investigations and Management of Late Effects of Childhood Cancer -- Chapter 33. Psychosocial Aspects of Cancer for Children and their Families.
- Synopsis of adult cardiac surgical disease -- Diagnostic techniques in cardiac surgery -- Preoperative considerations and risk assessment -- Cardiac anesthesia -- Cardiopulmonary bypass -- Myocardial protection -- Admission to the ICU and monitoring techniques -- Early postoperative care -- Mediastinal bleeding -- Respiratory management -- Cardiovascular management -- Fluid management, renal and metabolic problems -- Post-ICU care and other complications.
- Manual of psychiatric therapeutics. 3rd ed. 2003, Ovid
- Manual of spine surgery 2012, SpringerPt. I. General aspects of spinal surgery -- pt. II. Anterior upper cervical spine -- pt. III. Anterior cervical spine C3-C8 (T1) -- pt. IV. Posterior cervical spine -- pt. V. Anterior thoracic spine -- pt. VI. Posterior thoracic spine -- pt. VII. Anterior lumbar spine -- pt. VIII. Posterior lumbar spine.
- The morphology and development of the atrial chambers, with particular regard to atrial fibrillation -- Pathophysiology of atrial fibrillation -- Genetics of atrial fibrillation -- Pharmacological management of atrial fibrillation -- Electrophysiological basis of atrial fibrillation -- Pulmonary and thoracic vein sources: the focal theory of atrial fibrillation -- Surgical treatment of atrial fibrillation: a retrospection -- The maze procedure: past, present, and future -- The radial procedure for atrial fibrillation: theoretical basis and clinical application -- The mini-maze operation -- Alternative energy sources for the surgical treatment of atrial fibrillation -- Radiofrequency modified maze surgery for chronic atrial fibrillation and concomitant cardiac surgery: Zwolle experience -- Bipolar radiofrequency ablation of atrial fibrillation -- Surgical ablation therapy using microwave energy: endo- and epicardial approach -- Epicardial ablation in the treatment of atrial fibrillation -- Surgical treatment of atrial fibrillation: the Japanese experience -- Minimally invasive surgical approach to treat atrial fibrillation -- Percutaneous treatment of atrial fibrillation -- Surgical ablation of arrhythmias associated with congenital cardiopathies -- Perioperative complications during surgical treatment of atrial fibrillation: tips and pitfalls.
- Manual of temporal bone exercises 2011, Springer
- Manual of thoracic endoaortic surgery 2010, Springer
- Manual on vitamin A deficiency disorders (VADD) 2012, Karger"Vitamin A plays a key role among the vitamins essential for healthy growth and development. Vitamin A deficiency disorders (VADD) are therefore an important part of general malnutrition that in the majority of cases leads to failure to thrive and underweight. Moreover, apart from adverse effects on health and survival in general, VADD can also lead to blindness, called xerophthalmia, and are also frequently accompanied by various infections. Last but not least, it has become evident that even mild degrees of VAD (and all other forms of nutritional deficiencies) have important adverse implications for health and are thus much more widespread than previously assumed. This publication systematically covers detailed and up-to-date information on every relevant aspect of VADD, with particular emphasis on providing an outline of their setting, nature, and significance. In addition to cutting-edge scientific information, the latest available data on the global occurrence of VAD from the World Health Organization is also included."--Publisher website.
- Many faces of health, competence and well-being in old age 2006, Springer
- MAP kinase signaling protocols 2004, Springer Protocols
- MAP kinase signaling protocols. 2nd ed. 2010, Springer ProtocolsThe MAP kinase signaling cascades : A system of hundreds of components regulates a diverse array of physiological functions -- Determination of ERK activity: Anti-phospho-ERK antibodies and in vitro phosphorylation -- Activation of SAPK/JNKs in vitro -- Activation of p38 and determination of its activity -- Activity assays for extracellular signal-regulated kinase 5 -- Use of inhibitors in the study of MAP kinases -- MAP kinase activation by receptor tyrosine kinases : in control of cell migration -- Activation of ras and rho GTPases and MAP kinases by G-protein-coupled receptors -- Regulation of MAP kinase signaling by calcium -- Identification of novel substrates of MAP kinase cascades using bioengineered kinases that uniquely utilize analogs of ATP to phosphorylate substrates -- ERK-MAP kinase signaling in the cytoplasm -- Lentiviral vectors to study the differential function of ERK1 and ERK2 MAP kinases -- Structural studies of MAP kinase cascade components -- Analysis of MAP kinases by hydrogen exchange mass spectrometry -- A "Molecular evolution" approach for isolation of intrinsically active (MEK-independent) MAP kinases -- Reconstitution of the nuclear transport of the MAP kinase ERK2 -- Localization and trafficking of fluorescently tagged ERK1 and ERK2 -- Studying the regulation of MAP kinase by MAP kinase phosphatases in vitro and in cell systems -- Proteomic analysis of scaffold proteins in the ERK cascade -- Analysis of ERKs' dimerization by electrophoresis -- MAP kinase: SUMO pathway interactions -- Computational modelling of kinase signalling cascades -- Analysis of mitogen-activated protein kinase activity in yeast -- Detection of RTK pathway activation in drosophila using anti-dpERK immunofluorescence staining -- Studying MAP kinase pathways during early development of xenopus laevis -- Deciphering signaling pathways in vivo : The ras/raf/MEK/ERK cascade -- Mutational and functional analysis in human ras/MAP kinase genetic syndromes -- Implication of the ERK pathway on the post-transcriptional regulation of VEGF mRNA stability -- Studies on MAP kinase signaling in the immune system -- Methods to study MAP kinase signalling in the central nervous system -- MAP kinase regulation of the mitotic spindle checkpoint -- Using high-content microscopy to study gonadotrophin-releasing hormone regulation of ERK.
- Mapping protein/DNA interactions by cross-linking NCBI Bookshelf
- Mapping toolbox 2. Version 2.6 SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.
- Marek's disease 2004, ScienceDirect
- Marijuana and cannabinoid research 2005, Springer Protocols
- Marijuana and the cannabinoids 2007, SpringerCannabis and natural cannabis medicines / Robert C. Clarke and David P. Watson -- Chemistry and analysis of phytocannabinoids and other cannabis constituents / Rudolf Brenneisen -- Chemical fingerprinting of cannabis as a means of source identification / Mahmoud A. ElSohly, Donald F. Stanford, and Timothy P. Murphy -- Marijuana smoke condensate: chemistry and pharmacology / Hala N. ElSohly and Mahmoud A. ElSohly -- Pharmacology of cannabinoids / Lionel P. Raymon and H. Chip Walls -- The endocannabinoid system and the therapeutic potential of cannabinoids / Billy R. Martin -- Immunoassays for the detection of cannabis abuse: technologies, development strategies, and multilevel applications / Jane S-C. Tsai -- Mass spectrometric methods for determination of cannabinoid physiological specimens / Rodger L. Foltz -- Human cannabinoid pharmacokinetics and interpretation of cannabinoid concentrations in biological fluids and tissues / Marilyn A. Huestis and Michael L. Smith -- Medical and health consequences of marijuana / Jag H. Khalsa -- Effects of marijuana on the lung and immune defenses / Donald P. Tashkin and Michael D. Roth -- Marijuana and driving impairment / Barry K. Logan -- Postmortem considerations / Steven B. Karch -- Cannabinoid effects on biopsychological, neuropsychiatric and neurological processes / Richard E. Musty.
- Marine microbiology 2001, ScienceDirect
- Marine nutraceuticals and functional foods 2008, CRCnetBASEMarine fisheries by-products as potential nutraceuticals: an overview / Se-Kwon Kim, Eresha Mendis, and Fereidoon Shahidi -- Omega-3 oils: sources, applications, and health effects / Fereidoon Shahidi -- Omega-3s and their impact on brain health / Genevieve Young and Julie Conquer -- Omega-3 fatty acids in the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases through anti-inflammation and neuroprotection: a review of studies in animal models / Cai Song -- Microencapsulation of marine lipids as a vehicle for functional food delivery / Yulai Jin ... [et al.] -- Chitin and chitosan / Rosalee S. Rasmussen and Michael T. Morrissey -- Production of bioactive chitosan oligosaccharides and their potential use as nutraceuticals / Se-Kwon Kim, Niranjan Rajapakse, and Fereidoon Shahidi -- Glucosamine production and health benefits / Jaroslav A. Kralovec and Colin J. Barrow -- Functional and bioactive peptides from hydrolyzed aquatic food proteins / Hordur G. Kristinsson -- Marine-derived protein hydrolysates, their biological activities and potential as functional food ingredients: ace-inhibitory peptides derived from bonito / Hiroyuki Fujita and Masashi Yoshikawa -- Marine algal constituents / Yvonne V. Yuan -- Beneficial health effects of seaweed carotenoid, fucoxanthin / Kazuo Miyashita and Masashi Hosokawa -- The production and health benefits of astaxanthin / Miguel Olaizola -- Marine algae and polysaccharides with therapeutic applications / J. Helen Fitton, Mohammad R. Irhimeh, and Jane Teas -- Nutraceuticals and functional foods from marine microbes: an introduction to a diverse group of natural products isolated from marine macroalgae, microalgae, bacteria, fungi, and cyanobacteria / Adam M. Burja and Helia Radianingtyas -- Shark cartilage: potential for therapeutic application for cancer--review article / Kenji Sato ... [et al.] -- Calcium from fish bone and other marine resources / Won-Kyo Jung, Fereidoon Shahidi, and Se-Kwon Kim -- Immunoenhancing preparations of marine origin / Jaroslav A. Kralovec and Colin J. Barrow.
- Markers of malign across the cardiovascular continuum Lane Catalog record
- Emerging threats to the public's health: the need for social change -- Marketing social change-a challenge for the public health practitioner -- Marketing social change-an opportunity for the public health practitioner -- Emerging threats to the survival of public health -- Marketing public health-a challenge for the public health practitioner -- Marketing public health: an opportunity for the public health practitioner -- Urunana: radio health communication: a case study from Rwanda -- Marketing public health as an institution: a case study -- Applying marketing principles to public health -- The planning process -- Formative research -- Framing and delivering the message: crafting communication strategies --Translating strategy into tactics -- Working with partners, allies, coalitions, and intermediaries -- Promotional materials and activities -- Monitoring and refining implementation: process evaluation tools -- Outcome evaluation issues and designs --Overview of common theories and marketing research methods.
- Cardiac electrical activity / Galen S. Wagner and Tobin H. Lim -- Recording the electrocardiogram / Galen S. Wagner and Tobin H. Lim -- Interpretation of the normal electrocardiogram / Galen S. Wagner and Tobin H. Lim -- Chamber enlargement / Galen S. Wagner and Tobin H. Lim -- Intraventricular conduction abnormalities / Galen S. Wagner and Tobin H. Lim -- Ventricular pre-excitation / Galen S. Wagner -- Myocardial ischemia, injury, and infarction / Galen S. Wagner and Tobin H. Lim -- Increased myocardial demand / Galen S. Wagner and Tobin H. Lim -- Insufficient blood supply / Galen S. Wagner and Tobin H. Lim -- Myocardial infarction / Galen S. Wagner and Tobin H. Lim -- Miscellaneous conditions / Galen S. Wagner and Tracy Y. Wang -- Introduction to arrhythmias / Galen S. Wagner -- Premature beats / Galen S. Wagner and Tracy Y. Wang -- Accelerated automaticity / Galen S. Wagner and Tracy Y. Wang -- Re-entrant atrial tachyarrhythmias--the atrial flutter/fibrillation spectrum / Galen S. Wagner -- Re-entrant junctional tachyarrhythmias / Marcel Gilbert and Galen S. Wagner -- Re-entrant ventricular tachyarrhythmias / Marcel Gilbert and Galen S. Wagner -- Ventricular versus supraventricular with aberrant conduction / Galen S. Wagner and Tracy Y. Wang -- Decreased automaticity / Galen S. Wagner and Tracy Y. Wang -- Atrioventricular block / Galen S. Wagner -- Artificial cardiac pacemakers / Wesley K. Haisty, Jr., Tobin H. Lim, and Galen S. Wagner -- Dr. Marriott's systematic approach to the diagnosis of arrythmias / Henry J.L. Marriott.
- Martindale, The Complete drug reference Thomson, Search Martindale via the main Micromedex search screen.Database Search Martindale via the main Micromedex search screen. Truven
- Marzulli and Maibach's Dermatotoxicology. 7th ed. 2008, CRCnetBASEEvaluting efficacy of barrier creams: in vitro and in vivo models -- Light-induced dermal toxicity: effects on cellular and molecular levels -- Failure of standard test batteries for detection of genotoxic activity of some chemicals used in dermatological and cosmetic products -- Exogenous ochronosis: update -- Diagnostic patch test: science and art -- Irritant and allergic contact dermatitis treatment -- Factors affecting children's susceptibility to chemicals -- Utilization of irritation data in local lymph node assay -- Air bag injuries -- Cigarette smoking and skin -- Chemical analysis of tattoo pigments cleaved by laser light -- Dermatotoxicology of specialized epithelia: adapting cutaneous test methods to assess topical effects on vulva -- Anti-irritants: myth or reality? overview -- Evaluating mechanical and chemical irritation using the behind-the-knee tests: review -- Need for more sensitive tools as we reach limits of our ability to detect differences in skin effects from mild products -- Drug patch testing in systemic cutaneous drug allergy -- Hormesis and dermatology -- Diagnosis of drug hypersensitivity in vitro -- Immunologic patterns in allergic and irritant contact dermatitis: similarities -- Water decontamination of chemical skin and eye splashes: critical review -- Chemical substances and contact allergy: 244 substances ranked according to allergenic potency -- Use of modified forearm controlled application test to evaluate skin irritation of lotion formulations -- Hair in toxicology -- Popliteal lymph node assay -- Pigmentation changes resulting from arsenic exposure -- Textiles and human skin, microclimate, cutaneous reactions: overview -- In vivo human transfer of topical bioactive drugs among individuals: estradiol -- Is there evidence that geraniol causes allergic contact dermatitis? -- Operational definition of a causative contact allergen-study with six fragrance allergens -- Sodium lauryl sulfate-induced irritation in human faces: regional- and age-related differences -- Classification of irritant contact dermatitis -- In vitro skin irritation testing on SkinEthic[tm]-reconstituted human epidermis: reproducibility for fifty chemicals tested with two protocols -- Identifying source of textile-dye allergic contact dermatitis: guidelines -- Functional map and age-related differences in human faces: nonimmunologic contact urticaria induced by hexyl nicotinate -- Is contact allergy lifelong in humans? an overview of patch-test follow-ups -- Irritants in combination with synergistic or additive effect on skin response overview of tandem irritation studies -- Allergic contact dermatitis from iodine preparations: a conundrum? -- Human skin buffering capacity: oveview.Pesticide percutaneous absorption and decontamination -- Tape stripping method versus stratum corneum -- Parameters influencing stratum corneum removal by tape stripping -- Quantification of stratum corneum removed by tape stripping -- Isolated perfused porcine skin flap -- Physiologically based pharmacokinetic modeling -- Methods for in vitro skin metabolism studies -- Predicitive toxicology methods for transdermal delivery systems -- Animal, human, and in vitro test methods for predicting skin irritation -- Kawaki method for testing irritation -- Analysis of structural change in intercellular lipids of humam stratum corneum induced by surfactants: electron paramagnetic resonance (EPR) study -- Water and saline compresses in treatment of irritant contact dermatitis: literature review -- Reaction of skin blood vessels to successive insults on normal and irritated human skin -- Specificity of retinoid-induced irritation and its role in clinical efficacy -- Topical corticosteroids in the treatment of irritant dermatitis: do they work? -- Tests for sensitive skin -- Test methods for allergic contact dermatitis in animals -- Test methods for allergic contact dermatitis in humans -- Allergic contact dermatitis: elicitation thresholds of potent allergens in humans -- Allergic contact dermatitis to topical anesthetics: a cross-sensitization phenomenon -- Contact urticaria and anaphylaxis to chlorhexidine: overview -- Immunoadjuvants in prospective testing for contact allergens -- Local lymph node assay -- Iontophresis in humans: regional variations in skin barrier function and cutaneous irritation -- Contact urticaria and contact urticaria syndrome (immediate contact reactions) -- In vitro approaches to assessment of skin irritation and phototoxicity of topically applied materials -- Photoirritation (phototoxicity) testing in humans -- Measuring and quantifying ultraviolet radiation exposures -- Determination of subclinical changes of barrier function -- Assessing validity of alternative methods for toxicity testing: role and activities of ECVAM -- Animal models of contact urticaria -- Diagnostic tests in dermatology: patch and photopatch testing and contact urticaria -- Cosmetic reactions -- Decreasing allergic contact dermatitis frequency through dermatotoxicologic- and epidemiologic-based intervention? -- Cutaneous corticosteroid-induced glaucoma --Pharmacogenetics and dermatology -- Ethnic differences in skin properties: objective data -- Occlusion and barrier function -- Anatomical factors affecting barrier function -- Percutaneous penetration enhancers: overview -- Percutaneous absorption of complex chemical mixtures -- Percutaneous absorption: short-term exposure, lag time, multiple exposures, model variations, and absorption from clothing -- Percutaneous absorption: 7 roles of lipids -- Chemical partitioning into powdered human stratum corneum: a useful in vitro model for studying interactions of chemicals and human skin -- Sensitive skin -- Transdermal drug delivery system: an overview -- Transdermal drug delivery system: an overview -- Iontophoresis: from historical perspective to its place in modern medicine -- Irritant dermatitis: clinical heterogeneity and contributing factors -- Systemic contact dermatitis -- Allergic contact dermatitis -- Mechanisms in irritant and allergic contact dermatitis -- Occupational allergic contact dermatitis: rational work-up -- Systemic toxicity -- Concepts in molecular dermatotoxicology -- Molecular basis of allergic contact dermatitis -- Photoirritation (phototoxicity, phototoxic dermatitis) -- Permeability of skin to metal compounds, with focus on nickel and copper -- Chemically induced scleroderma -- Chemical agents that cause depigmentation -- Carcinogenesis: current trends in skin cancer research -- Retinoids and mechanisms of their toxicity -- Mechanisms in cutaneous drug hypersensitivity reactions -- Drug-induced ocular phototoxicity -- Water: is it an irritant? -- Sodium lauryl sulfate -- Factors influencing applied amounts of topical preparations -- Barrier creams -- OECD guidelines for testing of chemicals -- Methods for in vitro percutaneous absorption -- Percutaneous absorption of hazardous substances from soil and water --
- MASCC Textbook of cancer supportive care and survivorship 2011, SpringerCancer symptoms and side effects of treatment -- Cancer pain -- Cancer-related fatigue -- Palliative care: end-of-life symptoms -- Supportive care in elderly cancer patients -- Supportive care in pediatric oncology -- Quality-of-life assessment: the challenge of incorporating quality-of-life and patient-reported outcomes into investigative trials and clinical practice -- Cardiac toxicities of cancer therapies: challenges for patients and survivors of cancer -- Malignant pericardial effusion and cardiac tamponade (cardiac and pericardial symptoms) -- The vena cava syndrome -- Pulmonary toxicity of therapy -- Management of respiratory symptoms in people with cancer -- Endocrine and metabolic symptoms of cancer and its treatment -- Sexual problems in patients with cancer -- Sterility, infertility, and teratogenicity -- Menopause symptoms -- Preserving cardiac health in the breast cancer patient treated with anthracyclines -- Thrombosis and bleeding in cancer patients -- Lymphedema care -- Infections and cancer --Cancer cachexia and anorexia -- Xerostomia and dental problems in the head and neck radiation patient -- Dysphagia, reflux, and hiccups -- Nausea and vomiting -- Mucositis (oral and gastrointestinal) -- Diarrhea, constipation, and obstruction in cancer management -- Ascites -- Hepatotoxicity and hepatic dysfunction -- Urological symptoms and side effects of treatment -- Gynecological symptoms -- Central nervous system symptoms: headache, seizures, encephalopathy, and memory impairment -- Neuromuscular disease and spinal cord compression -- Eye symptoms and toxicities of systemic chemotherapy -- Extravasation -- Dermatologic toxicities -- Chemotherapy-induced alopecia: overview and methodology for characterizing hair changes and regrowth -- Rehabilitation in cancer -- Oral health and survivorship: late effects of cancer and cancer therapy -- Survivorship: psychosocial, physical issues, and insomnia -- Spiritual issues in supportive cancer care.
- The great pandemic of 1918 -- The Asian flu pandemic of 1957 -- The Hong Kong flu pandemic of 1968.
- Mass spectrometry ScienceDirect
- Mass spectrometry basics 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Mass spectrometry data analysis in proteomics 2006, Springer Protocols
- Mass spectrometry imaging 2010, Springer ProtocolsImaging mass spectrometry : viewing the future / Sarah A. Schwartz and Richard M. Caprioli -- A mass spectrometry primer for mass spectrometry imaging / Stanislav S. Rubakhin and Jonathan V. Sweedler -- Imaging of metals, metalloids, and non-metals by laser ablation inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry (LA-ICP-MS) in biological tissues / J. Sabine Becker and J. Susanne Becker -- Lipid detection, identification, and imaging single cells with SIMS / Michael L. Heien ... [et al.] -- The application and potential of ion mobility mass spectrometry in imaging MS with a focus on lipids / Amina S. Woods and Shelley N. Jackson -- Quantitative imaging of chemical composition in single cells by secondary ion mass spectrometry : cisplatin affects calcium stores in renal epithelial cells / Subhash Chandra -- Imaging MALDI mass spectrometry of sphingolipids using an oscillating capillary nebulizer matrix application system / Yanfeng Chen ... [et al.] -- Mapping pharmaceuticals in rat brain sections using MALDI imaging mass spectrometry / Yunsheng Hsieh, Fangbiao Li, and Walter A. Korfmacher -- Laser ablation electrospray ionization for atmospheric pressure molecular imaging mass spectrometry / Peter Nemes and Akos Vertes -- Matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization and nanoparticle-based imaging mass spectrometry for small metabolites : a practical protocol / Yuki Sugiura and Mitsutoshi Setou -- Cellular imaging using matrix-enhanced and metal-assisted SIMS / A.F. Maarten Altelaar and Sander R. Piersma -- Tandem mass spectrometric methods for phospholipid analysis from brain tissue / Timothy J. Garrett and Richard A. Yost -- Chemical imaging with desorption electrospray ionization mass spectrometry / Vilmos Kertesz and Gary J. Van Berkel -- Mass spectrometry imaging of small molecules using matrix-enhanced surface-assisted laser desorption/ionization mass spectrometry (ME-SALDI-MS) / Qiang Liu, Yongsheng Xiao, and Lin He -- Preparation of single cells for imaging mass spectrometry / Elena S.F. Berman, Susan L. Fortson, and Kristen S. Kulp -- Applying imaging ToF-SIMS and PCA in differentiation of tissue types / Ligang Wu, James S. Felton, and Kuang Jen J. Wu -- Direct molecular analysis of whole-body animal tissue sections by MALDI imaging mass spectrometry / Michelle L. Reyzer ... [et al.] -- MALDI direct analysis and imaging of frozen versus FFPE tissues : what strategy for which sample? / Maxence Wisztorski ... [et al.] -- On tissue protein identification improvement by N-terminal peptide derivatization / Julien Franck ... [et al.] -- Specific MALDI-MSI : TAG-MASS / Jonathan Stauber ... [et al.] -- Structurally selective imaging mass spectrometry by imaging ion mobility-mass spectrometry / John A. McLean, Larissa S. Fenn, and Jeffrey R. Enders -- Tutorial : multivariate statistical treatment of imaging data for clinical biomarker discovery / Sören-Oliver Deininger, Michael Becker, and Detlev Suckau -- Applications of MALDI-MSI to pharmaceutical research / Brendan Prideaux, Dieter Staab, and Markus Stoeckli -- Tissue preparation for the in situ MALDI MS imaging of proteins, lipids, and small molecules at cellular resolution / Nathalie Y.R. Agar ... [et al.] -- Imaging of similar mass neuropeptides in neuronal tissue by enhanced resolution MALDI MS with an ion trap-Orbitrap hybrid instrument / Peter D.E.M. Verhaert ... [et al.] -- Mass spectrometric imaging of neuropeptides in decapod crustacean neuronal tissues / Ruibing Chen ... [et al.] -- Mass spectrometry imaging using the stretched sample approach / Tyler A. Zimmerman, Stanislav S. Rubakhin, and Jonathan V. Sweedler.
- Mass spectrometry in cancer research 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Mass spectrometry in drug discovery 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Mass spectrometry of proteins and peptides. 2nd ed. 2009, Springer ProtocolsGeneration and analysis of multidimensional protein identification technology datasets /Selene K. Swanson, Laurence Florens, and Michael P. Washburn --Quantitative peptide and protein profiling by mass spectrometry /Alexander Schmidt, Birgit Bisle, and Thomas Kislinger --Label-free relative quantitation of prokaryotic proteomes using the accurate mass and time tag approach /Kim K. Hixson --Classical proteomics: two-dimensional electrophoresis/MALDI mass spectrometry /Ursula Zimny-Arndt ... [et al.] --The use of difference in-gel electrophoresis for quantitation of protein expression /Rajat Sapra --Liquid-chromatography-mass spectrometry of thylakoid membrane proteins /Christian G. Huber ... [et al.] --High accuracy mass spectrometry in large-scale analysis of protein phosphorylation /Jesper V. Olsen and Boris Macek --Manual validation of peptide sequence and sites of tyrosine phosphorylation from MS/MS spectra /Amy M. Nichols and Forest M. White --Assigning glycosylation sites and microheterogeneities in glycoproteins by liquid chromatography/tandem mass spectrometry / Yehia Mechref, Milan Madera, and Milos V. Novotny --Structure analysis of N -glycoproteins /Stefanie Henning, Jasna Peter-Katalinicʹ, and Gottfried Pohlentz --Capillary zone electrophoresis-mass spectrometry for the characterization of isoforms of intact glycoproteins /Christian Neusüss, and Matthias Pelzing --Top-down proteomics on a high-field fourier transform ion cyclotron resonance mass spectrometer /Séverine A. Ouvry-Patat ... [et al.] --Capillary isoelectric focusing/reversed phase liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry /Cheng S. Lee and Brian M. Balgley --Integrating accelerated tryptic digestion into proteomics workflows /Gordon W. Slysz and David C. Schriemer --Hydrogen/deuterium exchange mass spectrometry /Xuguang Yan and Claudia S. Maier --Mass spectrometry detection and characterization of noncovalent protein complexes /Sheng Yin and Joseph A. Loos --Chemical cross-linking for protein-protein interaction studies /Xiaoting Tang and James E. Bruce --Tissue analysis with high-resolution imaging mass spectrometry /A.F. Maarten Altelaar and Ron M.A. Heeren --Proteomic global profiling for cancer biomarker discovery /Vitor Faca, Hong Wang, and Samir Hanash --Analysis of protein glycosylation and phosphorylation using liquid phase separation, protein microarray technology, and mass spectrometry /Jia Zhao ... [et al.] --Transthyretin mass determination for detection of transthyretin familial amyloid /John F. O'Brien and H. Robert Bergen III --Characterization of microorganisms by MALDI mass spectrometry /Catherine E. Petersen, Nancy B. Valentine, and Karen L. Wahl --Mass spectrometric characterization of neuropeptides /Stephanie S. DeKeyser, James A. Dowell, and Lingjun Li --Peptide and protein ion/ion reactions in electrodynamic ion traps: tools and methods /Scott A. McLuckey --Electron capture dissociation LC/MS/MS for bottom-up proteomics /Roman A. Zubarev --Two-dimensional ion mobility analyses of proteins and peptides /Alexandre A. Shvartsburg, Keqi Tang, and Richard D. Smith --Proteomics for validation of automated gene model predictions /Kemin Zhou ... [et al.] --Support vector machines for improved peptide identification from tandem mass spectrometry database search /Bobbie-Jo M. Webb-Robertson.
- Mass spectrometry-- modified proteins and glycoconjugates 2005, ScienceDirectMolecular weight determination of peptides and proteins by ESI and MALDI / Kerstin Strupat -- Batch introduction techniques / Connie R. Jiménez -- In-solution digestion of proteins for mass spectrometry / Katalin F. Medzihradszky -- Identification of phosphorylation sites using microimmobilized metal affinity chromatography / Garry L. Corthals, Reudi Aebersold, and David R. Goodlett -- Mapping posttranslational modifications of proteins by MS-based selective detection : application to phosphoproteomics / Steven A. Carr, Roland S. Annan, and Michael J. Huddleston -- Characterization of protein N-glycosylation / Katalin F. Medzihradszky -- Methods in enzymology : O-glycosylation of proteins / Jasna Peter-Katalinić -- Analysis of glycosylphosphatidylinositol protein anchors : the prion protein / Michael A. Baldwin -- Comprehensive mass spectrometric analysis of the 20S proteasome complex / Lan Huang and A.L. Burlingame -- The analysis of multiprotein complexes : the yeast and the human spliceosome as case studies / Gitte Neubauer -- The use of mass spectrometry to identify antigens from proteasome processing / Odile Burlet-Schiltz ... [et al.] -- Glycosphingolipid structural analysis and glycosphingolipidomics / Steven B. Levery -- Mapping bacterial glycolipid complexity using capillary electrophoresis and electrospray mass spectrometry / J. Li ... [et al.]
- Mass vaccination 2006, SpringerMass Vaccination: When and Why / D. L. Heymann and R. B. Aylward -- Mass Vaccination and Surveillance/Containment in the Eradication of Smallpox / J. M. Lane -- Mass Immunization Programs: Principles and Standards / J. D. Grabenstein and R. L. Nevin -- Immunization Campaigns in the UK / K. Noakes and D. Salisbury -- Diphtheria / C. R. Vitek -- Universal Mass Vaccination against Hepatitis A / F. E. André -- Mass Vaccination against Hepatitis B: the French Example / F. Denis and D. Levy-Bruhl -- Mass Vaccination for Annual and Pandemic Influenza / B. Schwartz and P. Wortley -- Is Global Measles Eradication Feasible? / C. A. de Quadros -- Measles Aerosol Vaccination / J. L. Valdespino-Gómez, M de Lourdes Garcia-Garcia, J. Fernandez-de-Castro, A. M. Henao-Restrepo, J. Bennett, and J. Sepulveda-Amor -- Mass Vaccination Campaigns for Polio Eradication: an Essential Strategy for Success / R. W. Sutter and C. Maher -- Rubella Mass Campaigns / S. Reef -- Mass Vaccination to Control Epidemic and Endemic Typhoid Fever / M. M. Levine -- Mass Vaccination: Solutions in the Skin / G. M. Glenn and R. T. Kenney.
- 1. Orbit -- 2. Ocular Motility and Cranial Nerves -- 3. Lids, Lashes, and Lacrimal Glands -- 4. Conjunctiva and Sclera -- 5. Cornea -- 6. Anterior Chamber -- 7. Iris and Pupils -- 8. Lens -- 9. Vitreous -- 10. Retina and Choroid -- 11. Optic Nerve and Glaucoma -- 12. Visual Acuity, Refractive Procedures, and Sudden Vision Loss.
- Neurophysiologic basis of pain /Gary Jay Brenner --Pain mechanisms and their importance in clinical practice and research /Isabelle Decosterd and Clifford J. Woolf --The placebo effect /Eija Kalso --The history and clinical examination /Jan Slezak and Asteghik Hacobian --Diagnostic imaging and pain management /Onassis A. Caneris --Assessment of pain /Alyssa A. LeBel --Neurophysiologic testing in pain management /Annabel D. Edwards and Lisa S. Krivickas --Nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs /Jane C. Ballantyne and Steven A. Barna --Opioids /Jeffrey Uppington --Adjuvant treatments /Karla Hayes --Psychopharmacology for the pain specialist /Daniel M. Rockers and Karla Hayes --Diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in pain management /Milan P. Stojanovic --Neuromodulation techniques for the treatment of pain /Milan P. Stojanovic --Neurosurgical pain management /Ramin Amirnovin, G. Rees Cosgrove, and Emad N. Eskandar --Psychological assessment and behavioral treatment of chronic pain /Ronald J. Kulich and Lainie Andrew --Physical therapy /Theresa H. Michel and Harriët Wittink --Physiatric treatment of pain /Joseph F. Audette and Allison Bailey --Acupuncture /Jasmin M. Field, Lucy L. Chen, and May C.M. Pian-Smith --Chronic pain rehabilitation /Elizabeth Loder and Patricia W. McAlary --Radiotherapy and radiopharmaceuticals for cancer pain /Thomas F. DeLaney --Postoperative pain in adults /Jane C. Ballantyne and Elizabeth Ryder --Postoperative pain in children /Lucy L. Chen and Jane C. Ballantyne --Pain in burn patients /Salahadin Abdi and Bucknam McPeek --Pain management in sickle cell disease /Jatinder Gill --Neuropathic pain syndromes /Dennis Dey and Anne Louise Oaklander --Complex regional pain syndrome /Eugenia-Daniela Hord --Low back pain /James P. Rathmell ... [et al.] --Headache /Fred Michael Cutrer and David F. Black --Orofacial pain /Alexandre F.M. DeSilva and Martin Andrew Acquadro --Opioids in chronic nonterminal pain /Jane C. Ballantyne --Pain in Human Immunodeficiency Virus and Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome /S. Jane Marshall, Sarah Cox, and Andrew S.C. Rice --Pain in adults with cancer /Eugenia-Daniela Hord, Jeffrey A. Norton, and Annabel D. Edwards --Control of pain in children with chronic and terminal disease /Alyssa A. LeBel --Palliative medicine /Constance M. Dahlin, Andrew Tyler Putnam, and J. Andrew Billings --Long-term opioid therapy, drug abuse, and addiction /Barth L. Wilsey and Scott Fishman --Pain and affective disorders /Daniel M. Rockers and Scott Fishman --Emergencies in the pain clinic /Asteghik Hacobian and Milan P. Stojanovic --Appendices.
- Massage. 2. Aufl. 2006, Springer
- Adolescent preventive services -- The adolescent patient interview -- Tanner staging -- Normal adolescent development -- Male genitourinary exam -- The pelvic exam and pap smear -- Adolescent dermatology -- Obesity -- Adolescent nutrition, IBD, IBS -- Sports injuries in the adolescent -- Cardiac issues in adolescence -- Menstrual irregularities: amenorrhea -- Menstrual irregularities: abnormal vaginal bleeding -- Basics of hormonal contraception -- Adolescent pregnancy -- Polycystic ovary syndrome -- Sexually transmitted infections in adolescents -- Delayed puberty, short stature, and tall stature -- Adolescent substance abuse -- Adolescent mental health disorders -- Eating disorders -- Adolescent relationship violence in clinical settings: challenges for identification and intervention -- Bullying -- Transition of care -- Erratum to: male genitourinary exam.
- Mast cell biology 2011, SpringerMast cell biology : introduction and overview / Alasdair M. Gilfillan, Sarah J. Austin, and Dean D. Metcalfe -- Mast cell progenitor trafficking and maturation / Jenny Hallgren and Michael F. Gurish -- Monomeric IgE and mast cell development, survival, and function / Jun-ichi Kashiwakura, Iris M. Otani, and Toshiaki Kawakami -- Mast cell apoptosis and survival / Maria Ekoff and Gunnar Nilsson -- Regulators of Ca2+ signaling in mast cells: Potential targets for treatment of mast cell-related diseases / Hong-Tao Ma and Michael A. Beaven -- Spatio-temporal signaling in mast cells / Bridget S. Wilson, Janet M. Oliver, and Diane S. Lidke -- The mechanisms of exocytosis in mast cells / Ulrich Blank -- An emerging role for the lipid mediator sphingosine-1-phosphate in mast cell effector function and allergic disease / Ana Olivera and Juan Rivera -- Down-regulation of mast cell responses through itim containing inhibitory receptors / Laila Karra and Francesca Levi-Schaffer -- The mast cell in innate and adaptive immunity / Christopher P. Shelburne and Soman N. Abraham -- Mast cells and immunoregulation/immunomodulation / Mindy Tsai, Michele Grimbaldeston, and Stephen J. Galli -- Mast cell proteases as protective and inflammatory mediators / George H. Caughey -- Mast cells in lung inflammation / Elena P. Moiseeva and Peter Bradding -- Mast cells, angiogenesis, and cancer / Domenico Ribatti and Enrico Crivellato.
- Mast cells 2005, Springer ProtocolsPaul Ehrlich's "Mastzellen"--from aniline dyes to DNA chip arrays : a historical review of developments in mast cell research / Harsha Vyas and Guha Krishnaswamy -- The human mast cell : an overview / Guha Krishnaswamy, Omar Ajitawi, and David S. Chi -- Mast cells in allergy and autoimmunity : implications for adaptive immunity / Gregory D. Gregory and Melissa A. Brown -- Analysis of MCT and MCTC mast cells in tissue / Lawrence B. Schwartz -- Mast cell ultrastructure and staining in tissue / Shruti A. Shukla ... [et al.] -- Expression of cell surface antigens on mast cells : mast cell phenotyping / Alexander W. Hauswirth ... [et al.] -- Identification of mast cells in the cellular response to myocardial infarction / Nikolaos G. Frangogiannis and Mark L. Entman --Growth of human mast cells from bone marrow and peripheral blood-derived CD34+ pluripotent progenitor cells / Arnold S. Kirshenbaum and Dean D. Metcalfe -- Culture of human mast cells from hemopoietic progenitors / Hirohisa Saito -- Isolation, culture, and characterization of intestinal mast cells / Gernot Sellge and Stephan C. Bischoff -- Activation of nuclear factor kappa B / Chuanfu Li, Jim Kelley, and Tuanzhu Ha -- Analysis of mitogen-activated protein kinase activation / Stephen C. Armstrong -- Microarray and gene clustering analysis / Tsung-Hsien Tsai, Denise M. Milhorn, and Shau-Ku Huang -- Techniques to study Fc [epsilon] RI signaling / Yuko Kawakami, Jiro Kitaura, and Toshiaki Kawakami -- Human mast cell proteases : activity assays using thiobenzyl ester substrates / David A. Johnson --Mast cell histamine and cytokine assays / David S. Chi, S. Matthew Fitzgerald, and Guha Krishnaswamy -- Measurement of mast cell cytokine release by multiplex assay / Kevin F. Breuel and W. Keith De Ponti -- Assays for histamine-releasing factors : from identification and cloning to discovery of binding partners / Jacqueline M. Langdon and Susan M. McDonald -- Assays for nitric oxide expression / William L. Stone, Hongsong Yang, and Min Qui -- Immunohistological detection of growth factors and cytokines in tissue mast cells / Zhenhong Qu -- Endothelial cell activation by mast cell mediators / Kottarappat N. Dileepan and Daniel J. Stechschulte -- Co-culture of mast cells with fibroblasts : a tool to study their crosstalk / Ido Bachelet, Ariel Munitz, and Francesca Levi-Schaffer --Detection of E class switching and IgE synthesis in human B cells / Jérôme Péne ... [et al.] -- Gene silencing using small interference RNA in mast cells / Deling Yin and Charles A. Stuart -- Mast cell activation by lipoproteins / Jim Kelley ... [et al.] -- Mast cell activation by stress / Ann L. Baldwin -- In vivo models for studying mast cell-dependent responses to bacterial infection / Christopher P. Shelburne, James B. McLachlan, and Soman N. Abraham -- Bacterial activation of mast cells / David S. Chi ... [et al.] -- Activation of mast cells by streptolysin O and lipopolysaccharide / Michael Stassen ... [et al.] -- Mast cell apoptosis / Alexander Gerbaulet, Karin Hartmann, and Yoseph A. Mekori.
- Mast cells and basophils 2000, ScienceDirect
- Mast cells and tumours 2011, Springer
- Mast cells in allergic diseases 2005, Karger
- Periorbital Aesthetic Surgery: The Evolution of a Multidisciplinary Surgical Subspecialty -- Surgical Anatomy of the Forehead, Eyelids, and Midface for the Aesthetic Surgeon -- The Beautiful Eye: Perception of Beauty in the Periocular Area -- Critical Evaluation of the Periorbital Aesthetic Patient -- Oculofacial Anesthesia -- The Open Approach to Forehead Lifting -- Endoscopic Brow and Forehead Rejuvenation -- Direct Brow Lift: An Aesthetic Approach -- Upper Eyelid Blepharoplasty -- Adjunctive Procedures in Upper Eyelid Blepharoplasty: Internal Brow Fat Sculpting and Elevation, Glabellar Myectomy, and Lacrimal Gland Repositioning -- Management of Complications of Upper Eyelid Blepharoplasty -- Levator Ptosis Repair in the Aesthetic Patient With and Without Blepharoplasty -- Posterior Approach Ptosis Repair in the Aesthetic Patient With or Without Blepharoplasty -- Modern Advances in Asian Blepharoplasty -- Transcutaneous Lower Eyelid Blepharoplasty -- Transconjunctival Lower Blepharoplasty: Fat Excision or Repositioning -- Managing the Lateral Canthus in the Aesthetic Patient -- Management of the Post-lower Eyelid Blepharoplasty Retracted Eyelid -- Laser Management of Festoons -- Midface and Lower Eyelid Rejuvenation -- Face Implants in Aesthetic Surgery -- Periorbital Fat Grafting -- Periorbital Laser Resurfacing -- Laser Incisional Eyelid Surgery -- Neuromodulators and Fillers for Periorbital Rejuvenation -- Management of the Prominent Eye -- Postoperative Wound Modulation in Aesthetic Eyelid and Periorbital Surgery -- Short-Flap Superficial Musculo-Aponeurotic System (SMAS) Rhytidectomy.
- Mastering endovascular techniques 2007, OvidKey issues of vascular pathoanatomy / Frank Kolodgie ... [et al.] -- Key issues of vascular pathophysiology / Axel R. Pries, Ivo Buschmann, Helmut Habazettl -- Magnetic resonance imaging / Dietrich Baumgart, Thomas Egelhof -- X-ray coronary angiography / Peter Lanzer -- Intracoronary ultrasound / Anuja Nair ... [et al.] -- Pressure wire / Wilbert Aarnoudse, Cees-joost Botman, Nico H.J. Pijls -- The decision-making process in percutaneous coronary interventions / Lutz Prechelt, Peter Lanzer -- Devices / Wolfram Schmidt, Klaus-Peter Schmitz -- Intracranial vessels / Hans Henkes ... [et al.] -- Internal carotid artery / Peter Lanzer, Ralf Weser -- Coronary arteries / Peter Lanzer, L.D. Timmie Topoleski -- Thoracic aorta / Tim C. Rehders ... [et al.] -- Abdominal aortic aneurysm / Martin Köcher, Petr Utíkal -- Renal arteries / Peter Lanzer, Ralf Weser -- Abdominal aorta, iliac, and lower extremity arteries / Peter Lanzer, Ralf Weser -- Haemodialysis shunts / Dierk Vorwerk -- Venous diseases / Zubin Irani, John A. Kaufman -- Foreign bodies / Haresh G. Mehta, Stephan Windecker, Bernhard Meier.
- Mastering Perl 2007, ProQuest Safari
- Mastering Perl for bioinformatics 2003, ProQuest Safari
- Mastering regular expressions. 3rd ed. 2006, ProQuest SafariIntroduction to regular expressions -- Extended introductory examples -- Overview of regular expression features and flavors -- The mechanics of expression processing -- Practical regex techniques -- Crafting an efficient expression -- Perl -- Java -- .NET -- PHP.
- Mastering revision rhinoplasty 2006, Springer
- Mastering rhinoplasty. 2nd ed. 2010, SpringerSimplifying Rhinoplasty -- A Basic Rhinoplasty Operation -- Radix and Dorsum -- TechniqTueips -- Nasal Base -- Functional Factors -- Grafts -- Primary Rhinoplasty: Decision Making -- Advanced Primary Rhinoplasty -- Secondary Rhinoplasty: Surgical Techniques -- Secondary Rhinoplasty: Decision Making -- Aesthetic Reconstructive Rhinoplasty.
- Mastering scientific and medical writing 2007, Springer
- Mastery of cardiothoracic surgery. 2nd ed. 2007, Ovid
- Mastery of surgery. 5th ed. 2007, Ovid
- Match day. 1st ed. 2009
- Materia medica for various cancers 2012, Springer
- Materia medica of new and old homeopathic medicines 2012, Springer
- Maternal and child health 2009, SpringerA history of international cooperation in maternal and child health -- Global burden of disease among women, children, and adolescents -- Promotion of global perinatal health -- Maternal and child health in the organization for economic cooperation and development (OECD) countries -- Health system impacts on maternal and child health -- The environment and maternal child health -- Impact of wars and conflict on maternal and child health -- The impact of globalization on maternal and child health -- Gender equity: perspectives on maternal and child health -- Harmful traditional practices and women's health: female genital mutilation -- Abortion and postabortion care -- Malaria in women and children -- The global burden of childhood diarrhea -- Tuberculosis in childhood and pregnancy -- Impact of HIV on the health of women, children, and families in less developed countries -- Malnutrition and maternal and child health -- The global burden of obstetric fistulas -- Health challenges for women, children, and adolescents with disabilities -- Unintentional injuries in children -- Evidence-based maternal and child health -- A global perspective on teen pregnancy -- Progress and challenges in making pregnancy safer: a global perspective -- Global immunization challenge: progress and opportunities -- Adolescent health -- The global burden of child maltreatment -- Children in difficult circumstances -- Integrated management of childhood illness -- Planning, development, and maintenance of the MCH workforce -- An agenda for child health policy in developing countries.
- Maternal and child health statistics Fulltext
- Children's rights, distributive justice, and advocacy in maternal and child health / Lewis Margolis, George Cole, Jonathan Kotch -- Historical foundations of maternal and child health / Lewis Margolis, George Cole, Jonathan Kotch -- Families and health / Joseph Telfair -- Family planning / C.Arden Miller, Linda Piccinino, Amy Tsui -- Mothers and infants / Trude Bennett, Milton Kotelchuck -- The child from 1 to 4: the toddler and preschool years / Anita M. Farel, Jonathan B. Kotch -- The school-age child / Joseph Telfair, Jonathan B. Kotch -- Improving adolescent health / David Knopf -- Disparities in maternal and child health in the United States / Larry Crum ... [et al.] -- Women's health: a life cycle / B. Cecilia Zapata, Anjel Vahratian, Trude Bennett -- Children and youth with special health care needs / Anita M. Farel -- Issues in maternal and child health nutrition / Janice Dodds, Barbara Laraia -- International maternal and child health / Sian Curtis, Shelah Bloom, Elizabeth Sutherland -- Research issues in maternal and child health / Greg R. Alexander ... [et al.] -- Planning maternal and child health programs / Mary D. Peoples-Sheps -- Maternal and child health program monitoring and performance appraisal / Mary D. Peoples-Sheps, Joseph Telfair -- The practice of evaluation research in maternal and child health / Joseph Telfair -- Advocacy and policy development in maternal and child health / Donna J. Petersen, Catherine Hess.
- Maternal and child nutrition 2013, KargerGrowth and nutrition during the fetal period and the first 24 months after birth are important determinants of development in early childhood. Optimal nutrition and health care of both the mother and infant during these first 1000 days of an infant's life are closely linked to growth, learning potential and neurodevelopment, in turn affecting long-term outcomes. Children with low birth weight do not only include premature babies, but also those with intrauterine growth restrictions who consequently have a very high risk of developing metabolic syndrome in the future. Epidemiology, epigenetic programming, the correct nutrition strategy and monitoring of outcomes are thus looked at carefully in this book. More specifically, two important nutritional issues are dealt with in depth: The first being the prevention of low birth weight, starting with the health of adolescent girls, through the pre-pregnancy and pregnancy stages and ending with lactation. The second point of focus concerns the nutritional follow-up and feeding opportunities in relation to dietary requirements of children with low birth weight.
- Maternal care Wellcome Trust
- Maternal influences on fetal neurodevelopment 2010, Springer
- Maternal obesity and pregnancy 2012, Springer
- Mathematica by example. 4th ed. SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.
- Mathematical modeling of biological systems v. 1, 2007, Springerv. I. Cellular biophysics, regulatory networks, development, biomedicine, and data analysis -- v. 2. Epidemiology, evolution and ecology, immunology, neural systems and the brain, and innovative mathematical methods and education.
- Mathematical models and immune cell biology 2011, Springer
- Mathematical statistics and data analysis. 3rd ed. SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Note datasets in every format including R and SAS.
- Mathematics for neuroscientists. 1st ed. 2011, ScienceDirectPassive isopotential cell -- Differential equations -- Active isopotential cell -- Quasi-active isopotential cell -- Passive cable -- Fourier series and transforms -- Passive dendritic tree -- Active dendritic tree -- Reduced single neuron models -- Probability and random variables -- Synaptic transmission and quantal release -- Neuronal calcium signaling -- Singular value decomposition and applications -- Quantification of spike train variability -- Stochastic processes -- Membrane noise -- Power and cross spectra -- Natural light signals and phototransduction -- Firing rate codes and early vision -- Models of simple and complex cells -- Stochastic estimation theory -- Reverse-correlation and spike train decoding -- Signal detection theory -- Relating neuronal responses and psychophysics -- Population codes -- Neuronal networks -- Solutions to selected exercises.
- MATLAB and C programming for Trefftz finite element methods 2009, CRCnetBASE
- MATLAB for neuroscientists 2009, ScienceDirect
- MATLAB for psychologists 2012, SpringerBasic operations -- Data handling -- Plotting data -- Start programming -- A better sound -- Create and process images -- Data analysis -- The charm of graphical user interface -- Psychtoolbox : video -- Psychtoolbox : sound, keyboard and mouse.
- MATLAB guide. 2nd ed. SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.
- MATLAB primer. 6th ed. 2002, CRCnetBASE
- MATLAB primer. 7th ed. 2005, CRCnetBASE
- MATLAB. 3rd ed. 2013, ScienceDirectpt. 1. Introduction to programming using MATLAB -- Introduction to Matlab -- Vectors and matrices -- Introduction to MATLAB programming -- Selection statements -- Loop statements and vectorizing code -- MATLAB programs -- String manipulation -- Data structures : cell arrays and structures -- Advanced file input and output -- Advanced functions -- pt. 2. Advanced topics for problem solving with MATLAB -- Advanced plotting techniques -- Basic statistics, sets, sorting, and indexing -- Sights and sounds -- Advanced mathematics.
- MATLAB. 3rd ed. SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.
- Matrix metalloproteinase inhibitors 2012, SpringerMatrix Metalloproteinases /Viola Vargová, Marek Pytliak and Viola Mechírová --Specificity of Binding with Matrix Metalloproteinases /Satya P. Gupta and Vaishali M. Patil --The Gelatinases and Their Inhibitors: The Structure-Activity Relationships /Snehasikta Swarnakar, Amartya Mishra and Susri Ray Chaudhuri (Guha) --Advances in Studies on Collagenase Inhibitors /Mange Ram Yadav, Prashant Revan Murumkar and Vishal Prakash Zambre --Hydroxamic Acids as Matrix Metalloproteinase Inhibitors /Rajeshwar P. Verma --Quantitative Structure-Activity Relationship Studies on Sulfonamide-Based MMP Inhibitors /Vaishali M. Patil and Satya P. Gupta --Matrix Metalloproteinase Inhibitors as Investigative Tools in the Pathogenesis and Management of Vascular Disease /Mina M. Benjamin and Raouf A. Khalil.
- Matrix metalloproteinase protocols Springer Protocols
- Mawrid. Ṭabʻah 40. 2007al-Mawrid -- [Physiology of the human body] -- Lamps of experience: a collection of English proverbs with origins and Arabic equivalents -- English words of Arabic origin -- Biographical names.
- Maxillofacial imaging 2006, Springer
- Maxillofacial surgery. 2nd ed. v. 1-2, 2007.Trauma -- Oncology -- Craniofacial deformity -- Oral surgery.
- Maximising the value of marine by-products 2007, CRCnetBASEpt. 1. Marine by-products characterisation, recovery and processing: 1. Physical and chemical properties of protein seafood by-products / T. Rustad ; 2. Physical and chemical properties of lipid by-products from seafood waste / J.P. Kerry and S.C. Murphy ; 3. On-board handling of marine by-products to prevent microbial spoilage, enzymatic reactions and lipid oxidation / E. Falch, M. Sandbakk and M. Aursand ; 4. Recovery of by-products from seafood processing streams / J.A. Torres ... [et al.] ; 5. Increasing processed flesh yield by recovery from marine by-products / K.D.A. Taylor and A. Himonides ; 6. Enzymatic methods for marine by-products recovery / F. Guerard ; 7. Chemical processing methods for protein recovery from marine by-products and underutilized fish species / H.G. Kristinsson, A.E. Theodore and B. Ingadottir -- pt. 2. Food uses of marine by-products: 8. By-catch, underutilized species and underutilized fish parts as food ingredients / I. Batista ; 9. Mince from seafood processing by-product and surimi as food ingredients / J.-S. Kim and J.W. Park ; 10. Aquatic food protein hydrolysates / H.G. Kristinsson ; 11. Engineering and functional properties of powders from underutilized marine fish and seafood products / S. Sathivel and P.J. Bechtel ; 12. Marine oils from seafood waste / F. Shahidi ; 13. Collagen an gelatin from marine by-products / J.M. Regenstein and P. Zhou ; 14. Seafood flavor from processing by-products / C.M. Lee ; 15. Fish and bone as a calcium source / S.-K. Kim and W.-K. Jung ; 16. Chitin and chitosan from marine by-products / F. Shahidi ; 17. Marine enzymes from seafood by-products / M.T. Morrissey and T. Okada ; 18. Antioxidants from marine by-products / F. Shahidi and Y. Zhong ; 19. Pigments from by-products of seafood processing / B.K. Simpson -- pt. 3. Non-food uses of marine by-products: 20. By-products from seafood processing for aquaculture and animals feeds / P.J. Bechtel ; 21. Using marine by-products in pharmaceutical, medical and cosmetic products / J. Losso ; 22. Bio-diesel and bio-gas production from seafood processing by-products / R. Zhang and H.M. El-Mashad ; 23. Composting of seafood wastes / A.M. Martin.
- Skull and skull bone articulations -- Sect: Skull -- Bones of the skull -- Skull bone articulations -- Fetal skull -- Cervical vertebrae and neck -- Sect: Cervical vertebrae -- Other bones -- Neck -- Face, orbit and eye -- Sect: Face -- Orbit and eye -- Nose, oral region, ear and larynx -- Sect: Nose and paranasal sinuses -- Mouth, palate and pharynx -- Ear -- Larynx -- Cranial cavity and brain -- Sect: Cranial cavity -- Brain -- Radiographs -- Sect: Radiographs.
- MCR 2009 2011, SpringerCatalysis and multi-component reactions -- Multi-component reactions in heterocyclic chemistry -- Multi-component reactions in drug discovery -- Novel reagents for multi-component reactions -- Design of multi-component reactions -- Multi-component reactions in supramolecular chemistry and material science.
- MD Anderson manual of medical oncology. 2nd ed. 2011, AccessMedicinePart I. Leukemia -- Chapter 1. Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia -- Chapter 2. Adult Acute Myeloid Leukemia -- Chapter 3. Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia and Associated Disorders -- Chapter 4. Chronic Myeloid Leukemia -- Chapter 5. Myelodysplastic Syndromes: The MD Anderson Cancer Center Approach -- Chapter 6. Philadelphia Chromosome-Negative Myeloproliferative Neoplasms -- Part II. Lymphoma and Myeloma -- Chapter 7. The Indolent Lymphomas -- Chapter 8. Aggressive and Highly Aggressive B-Cell Lymphomas -- Chapter 9. T-Cell Lymphomas -- Chapter 10. Hodgkin Lymphoma -- Chapter 11. Multiple Myeloma and Other Plasma Cell Dyscrasias -- Part III. Stem Cell Transplantation -- Chapter 12. Allogeneic Transplantation -- Chapter 13. Autologous Stem Cell Transplantation -- Part IV. Lung Cancer -- Chapter 14. Small Cell Carcinoma of the Lungs -- Chapter 15. Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer -- Part V. Head and Neck Cancer -- Chapter 16. Head and Neck Cancer -- Part VI. Gastrointestinal Carcinomas -- Chapter 17. Gastric and Esophageal Cancer -- Chapter 18. Pancreatic Cancer -- Chapter 19. Hepatobiliary Malignancies -- Chapter 20. Small Bowel Cancer and Appendiceal Tumors -- Chapter 21. Colorectal Cancer -- Chapter 22. Anal Cancer -- Chapter 23. Neuroendocrine Tumors -- Part VII. Breast Cancer -- Chapter 24. Early-Stage and Locally Advanced Breast Cancer -- Chapter 25. Metastatic Breast Cancer --Chapter 26. Inflammatory Breast Cancer -- Chapter 27. Special Situations in Breast Cancer -- Part VIII. Gynecologic Malignancies -- Chapter 28. Ovarian Cancer -- Chapter 29. Tumors of the Uterine Corpus -- Chapter 30. Tumors of the Uterine Cervix -- Chapter 31. Gestational Trophoblastic Tumors -- Part IX. Genitourinary Carcinoma -- Chapter 32. Renal Cell Carcinoma -- Chapter 33. Bladder Cancer -- Chapter 34. Prostate Cancer -- Chapter 35. Penile Cancer -- Chapter 36. Germ Cell Tumors -- Part X. Miscellaneous Tumors -- Chapter 37. Tumors of the Central Nervous System -- Chapter 38. Endocrine Malignancies -- Chapter 39. Malignant Melanoma -- Chapter 40. Soft Tissue and Bone Sarcomas -- Chapter 41. The AIDS-Related Cancers -- Chapter 42. Carcinoma of Unknown Primary -- Part XI. Supportive Care -- Chapter 43. Infection in the Neutropenic Patient -- Chapter 44. Fungal and Viral Infections in Cancer Patients -- Chapter 45. Endocrine and Metabolic Complications of Cancer Therapy -- Chapter 46. Oncologic Emergencies -- Part XII. Palliative Care and Symptom Management -- Chapter 47. Defining Palliative Care in Oncology -- Chapter 48. Pain Management and Symptom Control -- Part XIII. Long-Term Survival -- Chapter 49. Pediatric Long-Term Follow-Up -- Chapter 50. Adult Long-Term Follow-Up -- Chapter 51. Rehabilitation.
- "The current edition of The Handbook provides an overview of current care of patients with cancer diagnoses commonly evaluated and treated by surgical oncologists, and in doing so continues to align such care with the underlying philosophy of the Department of Surgical Oncology at M.D. Anderson: multidisciplinary, cooperative care is the ideal way to manage patients with cancer. Such care begins with an understanding of the underlying tumor biology and natural history of the disease and includes technical excellence in the delivery of indicated surgical treatment. It also demands integration of essential information from the available literature on currently preferred treatment modalities, and emphasizes appropriate inclusion of adjunctive specialty care, including medical oncology, radiation oncology, interventional radiology, palliative care, pain management, physical therapy, nutritional support, social services and nursing"--Provided by publisher.
- MD Consult (Online service) DatabaseMD consult provides access to textbooks, electronic journals, practice guidelines, drug information, and patient education handouts.
- MD Consult Mobile MD Consult (Firm), Users must create a personal account in the MDConsult database. iPhone/iTouch/iPad, Android, Blackberry, etc."This mobile version of MD Consult contains a subset of the full desktop version content that has been optimized for mobile usage"--Website.
- M.D. Anderson Manual of medical oncol...
- — MD Consult Mobile ......................
- MDCT anatomy ...........................
- — Methods in pain research ...............
- Methods in protein design ..............
- — Molecular diagnosis of genetic diseas...
- Molecular diagnosis of infectious dis...
- — Mystery of yawning in physiology and ...
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Authors: Adrian M.K. Thomas, Arpan K. Banerjee