- Lab-on-chips for cellomics .............
- — Learned in science, explored in art : ..
- Learning abdominal imaging .............
- — Life writing and schizophrenia .........
- Life's vital link ......................
- — Long-term care medicine ................
- Long-term intervention in chronic obs...
- — Lysosomes ..............................
- Lab-on-chips for cellomics 2004, Springer
- Print MaterialLaboratory tests -- Diagnostic tests -- Laboratory/diagnostic assessments of body function -- Therapeutic drug monitoring (TDM) -- School health services: education, screening and testing.
- Print Material
- Laboratory animal anaesthesia. 3rd ed. 2009, ScienceDirectPreparing for anaesthesia -- Anaesthesia -- Anaesthetic management -- Special techniques -- Analgesia and post-operative care -- Anaesthesia of common laboratory species : special considerations.
- Laboratory animal medicine. 2nd ed. 2002, ScienceDirect
- Laboratory animal welfare 2014, ScienceDirectLaboratory Animal Welfare provides a comprehensive, up-to-date look into the new science of animal welfare within laboratory research. Animals specifically considered include rodents, cats and dogs, nonhuman primates, agricultural animals, avian animals and aquatic animals. The book examines the impact of experiment design and environment on animal welfare, as well as emergency situations and euthanasia practices. Readers will benefit from a review of regulations and policy guidelines concerning lab animal use, as well as information on assessing animal welfare. With discussions of the history and ethics of animals in research, and a debate on contemporary and international issues, this book is a go-to resource for laboratory animal welfare.
- Print Material
- Laboratory biosecurity handbook 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Laboratory computer 2001, ScienceDirect
- Laboratory ferret 2012, CRCnetBASE"This book deals with the care and humane treatment of the laboratory ferret. Renowned for its inquisitive nature, the ferret is helping advance the current state of medical knowledge because its biological characteristics have allowed it to emerge as an important laboratory animal model for the study of human viral respiratory diseases such as influenza"--Provided by publisher.
- Laboratory fish 2000, ScienceDirect
- Laboratory guide to the methods in biochemical genetics 2008, Springer
- Laboratory hemostasis 2007, Springer
- 1. Historical Perspective -- 2. LIMS Fundamentals: Overview of Laboratory Information System Development and Project Planning -- 3. Data Management and Basic LIMS: Functional Requirements and Features -- 4. Data Management and Advanced LIMS: Functional Requirements and Features -- 5. Life Cycle of LIMS Software Development -- 6. Regulatory Requirements -- 7. Hardware and Operating System Requirements -- 8. Obtaining Laboratory Personnel Input -- 9. Critical Elements in Preparing a Request for Proposal -- 10. LIMS Evaluations -- 11. Enhancing Data Quality with LIMS -- 12. LIMS Validation -- Appendix A: Sample Request for Proposal -- Appendix B: Sample Scripted Demonstration -- Index.
- Laboratory methods in cell biology. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirectCell biology spans among the widest diversity of methods in the biological sciences. From physical chemistry to microscopy, cells have given up with secrets only when the questions are asked in the right way! This new volume of Methods in Cell Biology covers laboratory methods in cell biology, and includes methods that are among the most important and elucidating in the discipline, such as transfection, cell enrichment and magnetic batch separation. Covers the most important laboratory methods in cell biology Chapters written by experts in their fields.
- Laboratory methods in cell biology. 1st ed. 2013, ScienceDirectStructural dynamics of nucleic acids by single-molecule FRET / Asger Christian Krüger, Lasse Lava Hildebrandt, Sofie Louise Kragh, Victoria Birkedal -- Visualizing the location and the dynamics of gene expression in living animals through bioluminescence imaging / Xiaojuan Chen -- Quality control protocol for confocal system / Anda Cornea -- Electron microscopy of bone / V. Everts, K.A. Hoeben -- Immunostaining : detection of signaling protein location in tissues, cells and subcellular compartments / Biswanath Maity, David Sheff, Rory A. Fisher -- Bimolecular fluorescence complementation (BiFC) analysis of protein-protein interaction : how to calculate signal-to-noise ratio / Yutaka Kodama, Chang-Deng Hu -- Immunohistochemical detection of neuropeptides/transmitters in mammalian brain / Lothar Jennes -- Intravital imaging of autoreactive T. cells in living animals / Naoto Kawakami, Ingo Bartholomäus, Marija Pesic, Nikolaos I. Kyratsous -- Genetically encoded click chemistry for single-molecule FRET of proteins / Swati Tyagi, Edward A. Lemke -- High-throughput methods for the detection of protein overexpression using fluorescence markers / Mads Gabrielsen, Andrew J. Roe, Karen McLuskey -- Correlative microscopy / Alexander A. Mironov, Galina V. Beznoussenko -- Stereology of the lung / Jan Philipp Schneider, Matthias Ochs -- Quantitative 3D cell-based assay performed with cellular spheroids and fluorescence microscopy / Nariman Ansari, Stefanie Müller, Ernst H.K. Stelzer, Francesco Pampaloni -- Optimizing fluorescence excitation and detection for intravital two-photon microscopy / Dan Suan, Henry R. Hampton, Michio Tomura, Osami Kanagawa, Tatyana Chtanova, Tri Giang Phan -- Two-dimensional crystallization by dialysis for structural studies of membrane proteins by the cryo-EM method electron crystallography / Matthew C. Johnson, Ingeborg Schmidt-Krey -- In situ hybridization / Chung-Jui Tsai, Scott A. Harding -- RNA imaging : tracking in real-time RNA transport in neurons using molecular beacons and confocal microscopy / Angélica Zepeda, Clorinda Arias, Fabian Flores-Jasso, Luis Vaca.
- Laboratory methods in enzymology 2013, ScienceDirectSection I. Cell protocols : basic microbiological techniques. Pouring agar plates and streaking or spreading to isolate individual colonies / Elizabeth Eyler ; Storage of bacteria and yeast / Cheryl M. Koh -- Section II. Cell protocols : cellular fractionation. Cellular fractionation : mammalian cells / Joerg von Hagen and Uwe Michelsen ; Cellular fractionation : yeast cells / Joerg von Hagen and Uwe Michelsen -- Section III. Cell protocols : Knock-outs and gene replacements. Yeast-gene replacement using PCR products / Megan Bergkessel, Christine Guthrie, and John Abelson ; Measuring RNAi knockdown using qPCR / Stuart Milstein, Michael Nguyen, Rachel Meyers, and Antonin de Fougerolles ; Recombineering : using drug cassettes to knock out genes in vivo / James A. Sawitzke, Lynn C. Thomason, Mikhail Bubunenko, Xintian Li, Nina Costantino, and Donald L. Court ; Gene knockouts, in vivo site-directed mutagenesis and other modifications using the delitto perfetto system in Saccharomyces cerevisiae / Samantha Stuckey and Francesca Storici ; Gene targeting and site-specific recombination in mouse ES cells / Konstantinos Anastassiadis, Frank Schnütgen, Harald von Melchner, and A. Francis Stewart ; Recombineering : highly efficient in vivo genetic engineering using single-strand oligos / James A. Sawitzke, Lynn C. Thomason, Mikhail Bubunenko, Xintian Li, Nina Costantino, and Donald L. Court -- Section IV. Cell protocols : microbiological media. Growth media for E. coli / Juliane C. Lessard ; Saccharomyces cerevisiae growth media / Jessica S. Dymond --Section V. Cell protocols : preparation of slides for microscopy. Immunohistochemistry on freely floating fixed tissue sections / Julia Bachman ; Preparation of slides for microscopy from frozen tissue sections / Julia Bachman ; Preparation of formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue for immunohistochemistry / Kirstie Canene-Adams ; Preparation of cells for microscopy using cytospin / Cheryl M. Koh ; Preparation of cells for microscopy using chamber slides and coverslips / Cheryl M. Koh ; Preparation of cells for microscopy using 'cell blocks' / Cheryl M. Koh -- Section VI. Lipid and carbohydrate protocols. Enzymatic deglycosylation of glycoproteins / Min-Sung Kim and Dan Leahy -- Section VII. Lipid and carbohydrate protocol : making vesicles and micelles. Preparation of fatty acid or phospholipid vesicles by thin-film rehydration / Ting F. Zhu, Itay Budin, and Jack W. Szostak ; Vesicle extrusion through polycarbonate track-etched membranes using a hand-held mini-extruder / Ting F. Zhu, Itay Budin, and Jack W. Szostak ; Preparation of fatty acid micelles / Ting F. Zhu, Itay Budin, and Jack W. Szostak -- Section VIII. Other protocols. Reverse-phase HPLC analysis and purification of small molecules / Kirstie Canene-Adams ; Thin layer chromatography / Marina Santiago and Scott Strobel ; ATP and GTP hydrolysis assays (TLC) / Vaishnavi Rajagopal and Jon R. Lorsch.
- Laboratory Methods in Enzymology : Part A-B Pt. A-B, 2014, ScienceDirectPt. B ScienceDirect
- Laboratory methods in enzymology. First edition [1st ed.] 2013, ScienceDirectExplanatory chapter: PCR primer design / Rubén Álvarez-Fernández -- How plasmid preparation kits work / Laura Koontz -- Introducing exogenous DNA into cells / Laura Koontz -- Agarose gel electrophoresis / Laura Koontz -- Analysis of DNA by southern blotting / Gary Glenn and Lefkothea-Vasiliki Andreou -- Purification of DNA oligos by denaturing polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (PAGE) / Sara Lopez-Gomollon and Francisco Esteban Nicolas -- Molecular cloning / Juliane C. Lessard -- Rapid creation of stable mammalian cell lines for regulated expression of proteins using the Gateway® recombination cloning technology and Flp-In T-REx® lines / Jessica Spitzer, Markus Landthaler, and Thomas Tuschl -- Restrictionless cloning / Mikkel A. Algire -- Isolation of plasmid DNA from bacteria / Lefkothea-Vasiliki Andreou -- Preparation of genomic DNA from bacteria / Lefkothea-Vasiliki Andreou -- Preparation of genomic DNA from Saccharomyces cerevisiae / Jessica S. Dymond -- Isolation of genomic DNA from mammalian cells / Cheryl M. Koh -- Sanger dideoxy sequencing of DNA / Sarah E. Walker and Jon Lorsch -- Preparation of fragment libraries for next-generation sequencing on the applied biosystems SOLiD platform / Srinivasan Yegnasubramanian -- Next generation sequencing / Srinivasan Yegnasubramanian -- Generating mammalian stable cell lines by electroporation / Patti A. Longo, Jennifer M. Kavran, Min-Sung Kim, and Daniel J. Leahy -- Transient mammalian cell transfection with polyethylenimine (PEI) / Patti A. Longo, Jennifer M. Kavran, Min-Sung Kim, and Daniel J. Leahy -- Site-directed mutagenesis / Julia Bachman -- PCR-based random mutagenesis / Jessica S. Dymond -- Megaprimer method for mutagenesis of DNA / Craig W. Vander Kooi -- Troubleshooting PCR / Kirstie Canene-Adams -- Quantitative PCR / Jessica S. Dymond -- General PCR / Kirstie Canene-Adams -- Colony PCR / Megan Bergkessel and Christine Guthrie -- Chemical transformation of yeast / Megan Bergkessel and Christine Guthrie -- Transformation of E. coli via electroporation / Juliane C. Lessard -- Transformation of chemically competent E. coli / Rachel Green and Elizabeth J. Rogers.
- Laboratory methods in enzymology. First edition [1st ed.] 2013, ScienceDirectComputational prediction of RNA secondary structure -- Reverse-transcription PCR (RT-PCR) -- Northern blotting -- Explanatory chapter: nuclease protection assays -- In vitro transcription from plasmid or PCR-amplified DNA -- Measurement of in vivo synthesis rates -- Method for measuring mRNA decay rate in saccharomyces cerevisiae -- Analysis of polysomes from bacteria -- Polysome profile analysis - yeast -- Polysome analysis of mammalian cells -- Polysome analysis for determining mRNA and ribosome association in saccharomyces cerevisiae -- Oligo(dT)-primed RT-PCR isolation of polyadenylated RNA degradation intermediates -- Circularized RT-PCR (cRT-PCR): analysis of the 5' ends, 3' ends, and poly(A) tails of RNA -- RNA radiolabeling -- Fluorescently labeling synthetic RNAs -- Analysis of RNA by analytical polyacrylamide gel -- RNA purification by preparative polyacrylamide gel -- Explanatory chapter: nucleic acid concentration determination -- RNA purification-precipitation methods -- Reverse transcriptase dideoxy sequencing of RNA -- RNA structure experimental analysis-chemical modification -- Structural analysis of RNA backbone using in-line probing.
- Laboratory mouse 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Laboratory mouse. 2nd ed. 2012, ScienceDirect
- Laboratory nonhuman primate 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Laboratory primate 2005, ScienceDirect
- Laboratory rabbit, guinea pig, hamster, and other rodents. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirectThe Laboratory Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Hamster, and Other Rodents is a single volume, comprehensive book sanctioned by the American College of Laboratory Animal Medicine (ACLAM), covering the rabbit, guinea pig, hamster, gerbil and other rodents often used in research. This well illustrated reference includes basic biology, anatomy, physiology, behavior, infectious and noninfectious diseases, husbandry and breeding, common experimental methods, and use of the species as a research model. With many expert contributors, this will be an extremely valuable publication for biomedical researchers, laboratory animal veternarians and other professionals engaged in laboratory animal science. A new gold standard publication from the American College of Laboratory Animal Medicine series One stop resource for advancements in the humane and responsible care of: rabbit, guinea pig, hamster, gerbil, chinchilla, deer mouse, kangaroo rat, cotton rat, sand rat, and degu Includes up-to-date, common experimental methods Organized by species for easy access during bench research.
- Laboratory rat. 2nd ed. 2013, CRCnetBASEImportant biological features -- Husbandry -- Management -- Veterinary care -- Experimental methodology.
- Laboratory rat. 2nd ed. 2006, ScienceDirectHistorical foundations / J. Russell Lindsey and Henry J. Baker -- Ethical and legal perspectives / Beverly J. Gnadt -- Taxonomy and stocks and strains / Hans J. Hedrich -- Morphophysiology / John Hofstetter, Mark A. Suckow, and Debra L. Hickman -- Clinical pathology of the rat / Bruce D. Car ... [et al.] -- Reproduction and breeding / Jeffrey J. Lohmiller and Sonya P. Swing -- Assisted reproductive technologies and genetic modifications in rats / Yuksel Agca and John K. Critser -- Analysis of behavior in laboratory rats / Ian Q. Whishaw ... [et al.] -- Nutrition / Sherry M. Lewis ... [et al.] -- Housing and environment / Robert E. Faith and Jack R. Hessler -- Bacterial, mycoplasmal and mycotic infections / Steven H. Weisbroth, Dannis F. Kohn, and Ron Boot -- Viral disease / Robert O. Jacoby and Diane J. Gaertner -- Parasitic diseases / David G. Baker -- Neoplastic disease / Gary A. Boorman and Jeffrey I. Everitt -- Metabolic, traumatic, and miscellaneous diseases / William W. King and Steven P. Russell --Medical management and diagnostic approaches / Glen Otto and Craig L. Franklin -- Occupational health and safety / Sanford H. Feldman and David N. Easton -- Experimental modeling and research methodology / Michael A. Koch -- Anesthesia and analgesia / George A. Vogler -- Euthanasia and necropsy / Jeffrey I. Everitt and Elizabeth A. Gross -- Integrating biology with rat genomic tools / Carol Moreno-Quinn and Howard J. Jacob -- Gnotobiotics / Philip b. Carter and Henry L. Foster -- Spontaneous, surgically and chemically induced models of disease / Dwight R. Owens -- The nude rat / Martha A. Hanes -- Gerontology and age-associated lesions / Nancy L. Nadon -- Cardiovascular research / Peter G. Anderson, Sanford P. Bishop, and J. Thomas Peterson -- Toxicology / Thomas E. Hamm, Mary Ann Vasbinder, and Angela King-Herbert -- Embryology and teratology / Carol Erb -- Immunology / Veronica Jennings and Dirck Dillehay -- Wild and black rats / Marc Hulin and Robert Quinn.
- Print Material
- Print Material"Even though Xenopus is one of the two most popular non-mammalian animals used in biomedical research, their value in the lab suffers from a lack of standardization regarding their optimal care, breeding, and housing." "Filling the need for such a reference, The Laboratory Xenopus sp. provides researchers and lab managers with a practical, step-by-step manual that emphasizes the humane care and use of captive clawed frogs in basic as well as biomedical, and toxicological research." "Supported with hypothesis-driven research, this well-organized manual explores the full range of responsibilities facing individuals who work with this species. The content is divided into intentionally brief sections that allow for the quick retrieval of essential information regarding important biological features and experimental methodology, as well as compliance and veterinary care, husbandry, housing, and water quality management."--BOOK JACKET.
- LabVIEW advanced programming techniques 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Lacrimal system 2006, SpringerAnatomy of the lacrimal system -- Gender and racial variations of the lacrimal system -- Nasal anatomy and evaluation -- Congenital etiologies of lacrimal system obstructions -- Acquired etiologies of lacrimal system obstructions -- Evaluation of the tearing patient -- Imaging and clinical evaluation of the lacrimal drainage system -- The tear-deficient patient -- Surgery of the punctum and canaliculus -- Lacrimal trauma -- Primary external dacryocystorhinostomy -- Primary endonasal dacryocystorhinostomy -- Transcanalicular dacryocystorhinostomy -- Conjunctivodacryocystorhinostomy -- Endoscopic conjunctivodacryocystorhinostomy -- Pediatric balloon catheter dacryocystoplasty -- Balloon-assisted dacryoplasty in adults -- Balloon-assisted lacrimal surgery --Nine-millimeter endoscopic balloon dacryocystorhinostomy: a new, less-invasive procedure for tearing in adults -- Radiofrequency dacryocystorhinostomy -- Powered endoscopic dacryocystorhinostomy -- Laser dacryocystorhinostomy: part 1. laser-assisted endonasal endoscopic dacryocystorhinostomy -- Laser dacryocystorhinostomy: part 2. laser-assisted endonasal endoscopic dacryocystorhinostomy with the holmium:YAG laser -- Laser dacryocystorhinostomy: part 3. laser-assisted endonasal endoscopic dacryocystorhinostomy with the potassium titanyl phosphate laser -- Revision dacryocystorhinostomy -- The adjunctive use of mitomycin C in dacryocystorhinostomy -- The Griffiths nasolacrimal catheter -- The Sisler lacrimal canalicular trephine.
- Lactic acid bacteria 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Lactic acid bacteria. 4th ed. 2012, CRCnetBASE"Updated with the substantial progress made in lactic acid and bacteria research since the third edition, this fourth volume discusses improved insights in genetics and new molecular biological techniques. Thoroughly reorganized, this book incorporates the recent changes in new molecular techniques and the mechanistic understanding of probiotic functionality. The book remains firmly grounded in the basics of lactic acid bacteria; their genetics and taxonomy, their application in food and feed preparation, their health properties, and the legal issues associated with their use"--Provided by publisher.
- Lactoferrin and its role in wound healing 2012, Springer
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Print MaterialNeurovascular neurosurgery / A.L. Green, R.D. Johnson, R.S.C. Kerr -- Neuro-oncology / R.D. Johnson, K.J. Drummond, K.J.O.L. Khu, M. Bernstein -- Head injury / R.D. Johnson, T. Santarius, J.E. Wilberger -- Spinal surgery / R.D. Johnson, J.C.D. Leach, W.A. Liebenberg, N. Maartens, S.A. Cudlip -- Functional and epilepsy neurosurgery / A.L. Green, R.D. Johnson, A. Astradsson, R.J. Stacey, T.Z. Aziz -- Paediatric neurosurgery / R.D. Johnson, P. Richards, J. Jayamohan, S. Sinha.
- Print MaterialPt. 1. Classic descriptions of inherited disease -- pt. 2. Mendelian inheritance in man -- pt. 3. Human chromosomes and their disorders -- pt. 4. Human gene mapping -- pt. 5. From biochemical to molecular genetics -- pt. 6. Variations on Mendelian inheritance -- pt. 7. Manaement and therapy of genetic disease -- pt. 8. Genetics, society, and medicine.
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Print MaterialCardiology -- Skin -- Endocrinology -- Gastroenterology -- Hematology -- Oncology -- Diseases of the nervous system -- Kidneys -- Muscles and joints -- Infection -- Immunology and allergy -- Diseases of the respiratory system -- Clinical pharmacology -- Comprehensive review.
- Print MaterialSurgical critical care/pre and post operative care / Nanakram Agarwal and Akella Chendrasekhar -- Skin, soft tissue, and breast / Aloysius Smith and Andrew Ashikari -- Endocrine, head, and neck / Alan S. Berkower and Prakashchandra Rao -- Cardiac and thoracic / Marshall D. Kramer and E.A. Bonfils-Roberts -- Stomach, duodenum, and esophagus / Soula Priovolos and Max Goldberg -- Small and large intestins and appendix / Evelyn Irizarry and Nicholas A. Balsano -- Pancreas, biliary tract, liver, and spleen / Valerie L. Katz and Akella Chendrasekhar -- Hernia / Max Goldberg and Nanakram Agarwal -- Male and female genitourinary systems / Sean Fullerton and David Samadi -- Vascular / Nilesh N. Balar and Mayank V. Patel -- Neurosurgery / Kamran Tabaddor -- Trauma / C. Gene Cayten and Rao R. Ivatury -- Pediatric surgery / Tyr Ohling Wilbanks and Meno Lueders -- Practice test / James E. Barone and C. Gene Cayten.
- Print MaterialInternal medicine /Ann M. Mcguire and Michael Bonner --Obstetrics and gynecology /E. James Aiman and Michael R. Lund --Pediatrics /Rainer G. Gedeit --Preventive medicine /Stephen K. Liu --Psychiatry /Jon A. Lehrmann --Surgery /Kelli Brown and Travis Webb --Practice test block 1 --Practice test block 2 --Practice test block 3 --Practice test block 4 --Practice test block 5 --Practice test block 6 --Practice test block 7 --Practice test block 8.
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Lange Self-assessment tool AccessMedicine, Stanford users must registerAccess to 3000+ exam questions.
- Print MaterialEmbryology : old and new frontiers and an introduction to molecular regulation and signaling -- Gametogenesis : conversion of germ cells into male and female gametes -- First week of development : ovulation to implantation -- Second week of development : bilaminar germ disc -- Third week of development : trilaminar germ disc -- Third to eighth weeks : the embryonic period -- Third month to birth : the fetus and placenta -- Birth defects and prenatal diagnosis -- Skeletal system -- Muscular system -- Body cavities -- Cardiovascular system -- Respiratory system -- Digestive system -- Urogenital system -- Head and neck -- Central nervous system -- Ear -- Eye -- Integumentary system.
- Langman's Medical embryology. 10th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Print MaterialEmbryology : old and new frontiers and an introduction to molecular regulation and signaling -- Gametogenesis : conversion of germ cells into male and female gametes -- First week of development : ovulation to implantation -- Second week of development : bilaminar germ disc -- Third week of development : trilaminar germ disc -- Third to eighth weeks : the embryonic period -- Third month to birth : the fetus and placenta -- Birth defects and prenatal diagnosis -- Skeletal system -- -- Muscular system -- Body cavities -- Cardiovascular system -- Respiratory system -- Digestive system -- Urogenital system -- Head and neck -- Central nervous system -- Ear -- Eye -- Integumentary system.
- Print Material
- Language and the brain 2000, ScienceDirect
- Language, music, and the brain 2013, Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Print Material"This book explores the relationships between language, music, and the brain by pursuing four key themes and the crosstalk among them: song and dance as a bridge between music and language; multiple levels of structure from brain to behavior to culture; the semantics of internal and external worlds and the role of emotion; and the evolution and development of language. The book offers specially commissioned expositions of current research accessible both to experts across disciplines and to non-experts. These chapters provide the background for reports by groups of specialists that chart current controversies and future directions of research on each theme." -- [Publisher-supplied data]
- Upper Urinary Tract (Kidney, Ureter and Adrenal Gland) / Jens-Uwe Stolzenburg, Rowan Casey, Jens Mondry, Minh Do and Anja Dietel, et al. -- Lympadenectomy / Ingolf A. Türk, Rowan Casey, Jens-Uwe Stolzenburg, Panagiotis Kallidonis and Minh Do, et al. -- Urinary Bladder and Prostate / Thilo Schwalenberg, Jochen Neuhaus, Panagiotis Kallidonis, Evangelos N. Liatsikos and Jens-Uwe Stolzenburg, et al. -- Paediatric Urology / Holger Till, Jens-Uwe Stolzenburg and Ulrike Waldschmidt -- Miscellaneous / Jens-Uwe Stolzenburg, Evangelos N. Liatsikos, Thilo Schwalenberg, Tim Häfner and Minh Do, et al.
- Print Material
- Laparoscopic colorectal surgery. 2nd ed. 2006, Springer
- Laparoscopic entry 2012, Springer
- Laparoscopic gastric banding 2011, Springer
- Laparoscopic techniques in uro-oncology 2009, Springer
- Laparoscopic urologic surgery in malignancies 2005, Springer
- Laparoscopy in children. 2nd ed. 2013, SpringerWhen Laparoscopy in Children was first published in 2003, it quickly became popular with pediatric surgeons worldwide owing to its clear schematic drawings and concise text. This new edition has been revised and enlarged to cover the new procedures and other advances that have emerged in the intervening period, during which the number of operations has almost doubled. Now, the vast majority of indications for laparoscopy in children are presented and discussed. Each operation is systematically described and illustrated step by step, providing the reader with the technical guidelines required to perform laparoscopy safely even in small children. Laparoscopy in Children will be an invaluable guide for all surgeons who perform, or plan to perform, such operations.
- Large-scale biomedical science 2003, NAP
- Laron syndrome - from man to mouse 2011, SpringerPart I. Clinical Aspects -- 1. History of the Israeli Cohort of Laron Syndrome Patients (1958-2009) / Zvi Laron -- 2. Early Investigations: Characterizations of the Circulating Growth Hormone / Zvi Laron -- 3. Clinical Evidence of Growth Hormone Resistance in Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron -- 4. Diagnosis of Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron -- 5. Genetic Aspects / Orit Shevah and Zvi Laron -- 5.1. Genetic Investigations / Orit Shevah and Zvi Laron -- 5.2. Hypothesis of the Origin of Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron and Orit Shevah -- 5.3. Are the Pygmies Laron Syndrome Patients? / Zvi Laron -- 6. Clinical Evaluation / Zvi Laron -- 7. Perinatal Development in Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron and Rivka Kauli -- 8. Linear Growth Pattern of Untreated Laron Syndrome Patients / Zvi Laron and Rivka Kauli -- 9. Head Shape, Size, and Growth of Untreated Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron and Rivka Kauli -- 10. Sexual Development in Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron and Rivka Kauli -- 11. Sex Hormone Binding Proteins and Sex Hormones in Untreated and IGF-I Treated Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron and Rivka Kauli -- 11.1. Sex Hormone Binding Proteins / Zvi Laron -- 11.2. Sex Hormones in Untreated Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron and Rivka Kauli -- 12. The Adipose Tissue in Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron -- 13. Investigations to Determine the Cause of Obesity in Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron, Shira Ginsberg, and Nahum Vaisman -- 14. Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD) in Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron -- 15. Serum Lipids in Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron -- 16. Adiponectin and Leptin in Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron and Hannah Kanety -- 17. Muscle Force and Endurance in Untreated Adult and IGF-I Treated Children with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron -- 18. Bone Mineral Density in Untreated and IGF-I or Alendronate-Treated Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron -- 19. Muscle-Bone Relationship in Patients with Laron Syndrome / Yoram Epstein, Amir Hadid, Zvi Laron, Daniel S. Moran, and Nahum Vaisman -- 19.1. Bone Characteristics / Yoram Epstein, Amir Hadid, Zvi Laron, and Daniel S.Moran -- 19.2. Lean Body Mass (LBM) in Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron and Nahum Vaisman -- 20. Imaging Findings in Laron Syndrome / Liora Kornreich and Zvi Laron --21. Ocular Findings in Laron Syndrome / Dan H. Bourla and Dov Weinberger -- 22. Hearing in Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron, Omer Zarchi, and Joseph Attias -- 23. The Teeth in Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron -- 24. Hair, Skin, and Nails in Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron -- 25. Hand, Foot, and Organ Size and Growth in Untreated and IGF-I Treated Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron and Aviva Silbergeld -- 25.1. Hand Size and Growth of Untreated and IGF-I Treated Laron Syndrome Patients / Zvi Laron -- 25.2. Foot Size and Growth in Untreated and IGF-I-Treated Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron and Aviva Silbergeld -- 25.3 Organ Size / Zvi Laron -- 26. Lifelong Serum Growth Hormone Levels in Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron and Orly Efros -- 27. IGF-I Binding Proteins in Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron -- 28. Serum Prolactin in Untreated and IGF-I Treated Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron and Orly Efros -- 29. Thyroid Hormones in Untreated and IGF-I Treated Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron and Rivka Kauli -- 30. Insulin Secretion and Carbohydrate Metabolism in Patients with Laron Syndrome: From Hypoglycemia to Diabetes Mellitus / Zvi Laron -- 31. Liver Enzymes in Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron and Tsvia Karmon -- 32. The Hematopoietic System in Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron -- 33. Cardiovascular Aspects in Laron Syndrome Patients / Mickey Scheinowitz, Micha S. Feinberg, Michael Shechter, Zvi Laron, and Rivka Kauli -- 33.1. Heart Functions in Untreated and IGF-I-Treated Patients with Laron Syndrome / Mickey Scheinowitz, Micha S. Feinberg, and Zvi Laron -- 33.2. Endothelial Function in Adults with Laron Syndrome (Primary Growth Hormone Insensitivity) / Michael Shechter and Zvi Laron -- 33.3. Intimal Thickness of the Extracranial Arteries in Untreated Adult Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron -- 33.4. Cardiovascular Disease / Zvi Laron and Rivka Kauli -- 34. Kidney Functions in Untreated and IGF-I Treated Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron -- 35. Sleep and Sleep Disorders in Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron, Rivka Kauli, and Eyal Rosenzweig -- 35.1. Sleep Quality / Zvi Laron and Rivka Kauli -- 35.2. Severe Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) / Zvi Laron -- 35.3. Additional Polysomnographic Examinations of Patients with Laron Syndrome / Eyal Rosenzweig and Zvi Laron -- 36. Neurological Aspects in Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron -- 37. Orthopedic Problems in Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron and Rivka Kauli -- 38. Psychological Aspects in Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron -- 39. Adjustment and Rehabilitation Problems of Children, Adolescents, and Adults with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron --40. Laron Syndrome Patients with Congenital IGF-I Deficiency Seem Protected from Malignant Diseases / Zvi Laron, Rachel Steuerman, and Orit Shevah -- 41. Lifespan and Mortality of Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron -- 42. IGF-I Treatment of Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron -- 43. IGF-I Stimulation of Head Growth in Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron -- 44. Effects of Long-Term Administration of IGF-I on the Adipose Tissue and Carbohydrate Metabolism in Children with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron -- 45. Comparison of the Growth Promoting Response of IGF-I in Children with Laron Syndrome with that of hGH in Children with Isolated GH Deficiency / Zvi Laron -- 46. IGF-I Treatment of Adult Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron -- 47. Adverse Effects Encountered During IGF-I Treatment of Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron -- 48. Summary of the Clinical History: The Laron Syndrome Clock / Zvi Laron -- Part II. The Growth Hormone Receptor "Null" Mouse or the Laron Mouse -- 49. The Laron Mouse / John J. Kopchick and John D. Blischak -- 50. Role of GH/IGF-I Deficiency in Aging / Edward O. List -- 51. Body Composition, Adipose Tissue, and Energy Balance / Darlene E. Berryman -- 52. Metabolism and Metabolic Regulation / Lucila Sackmann-Sala, D. R. Bailey Miles, and John J. Kopchick -- 53. Skeletal Muscle / Juan Ding and John J. Kopchick -- 54. Cardiac Function in GHR-/- Mice / Diana Cruz-Topete and John J. Kopchick -- 55. Bone / Shigeru Okada and Jacob Wright-Piekarski -- 56. GHR Knockout and the CNS / Elahu S. Gosney and John J. Kopchick -- 57. Cancer / Brian D. Bower and John J. Kopchick -- 58. Reproduction / Bruce Kelder -- 59. Conclusions and Future Studies / John J. Kopchick, Hiroyoshi Tanda, Darlene Berryman, and Zvi Laron.
- Print MaterialGametogenesis, fertilization, and first week -- Second week: becoming bilaminar and fully implanting -- Third week: becoming trilaminar and establishing body axes -- Fourth week: forming the embryo -- Principles and mechanisms of morphogenesis and dysmorphogenesis -- Fetal development and the fetus as patient -- Development of the skin and its derivatives -- Development of the musculoskeletal system -- Development of the central nervous system -- Development of the peripheral nervous system -- Development of the respiratory system and body cavities -- Development of the heart -- Development of the vasculature -- Development of the gastrointestinal tract -- Development of the urogenital system -- Development of the pharyngeal apparatus and face -- Development of the ears and eyes -- Development of the limbs.
- Print Material
- Laser capture microdissection 2004, Springer ProtocolsAn introduction to laser-based tissue microdissection techniques / Stephanie Curran and Graeme I. Murray -- Methacarn fixation for genomic DNA analysis in microdissected cells / Makoto Shibutani and Chikako Uneyama -- Multiplex quantitative real-time PCR of laser microdissected tissue / Patrick H. Rooney -- Comparative genomic hybridization using DNA from laser capture microdissected tissue / Grace Callagy, Lucy Jackson, and Carlos Caldas -- Detection of Ki-ras and p53 mutations by laser capture microdissection/PCR/SSCP / Deborah Dillon ... [et al.] -- Whole-genome allelotyping using laser microdissected tissue / Colleen M. Feltmate and Samuel C. Mok -- Microdissection for detecting genetic aberrations in early and advanced human urinary bladder cancer / Arndt Hartmann ... [et al.] -- Laser microdissection for microsatellite analysis in colon and breast cancer / Peter J. Wild ... [et al.] -- Assessment of RET/PTC oncogene activation in thyroid nodules utilizing laser microdissection followed by nested RT-PCR / Giovanni Tallini and Guilherme Brandao -- Combined laser-assisted microdissection and short tandem repeat analysis for detection of in situ microchimerism after solid organ transplantation / Ulrich Lehmann, Anne Versmold, and Hans Kreipe --Genetic analysis of HIV by in situ PCR-directed laser capture microscopy of infected cells / Daniele Marras -- Use of laser capture microdissection together with in situ hybridization and real-time PCR to study the distribution of latent herpes simplex virus genomes in mouse trigeminal ganglion / Xiao-Ping Chen, Marina Mata, and David J. Fink -- Laser capture microdissection and PCR for analysis of human papilloma virus infection / Kheng Chew ... [et al.] -- Laser capture microdissection of hepatic stages of the human parasite plasmodium falciparum for molecular analysis / Jean-Philippe Semblat ... [et al.].Laser-assisted microdissection of membrane-mounted tissue sections / Lise Mette Gjerdrum and Stephen Hamilton-Dutoit -- Laser-assisted microdissection of membrane-mounted sections following immunohistochemistry and in situ hybridization / Lise Mette Gjerdrum and Stephen Hamilton-Dutoit -- Laser-assisted cell microdissection using the PALM system / Patrick Micke ... [et al.] -- Laser microdissection and RNA analysis / Ludger Fink and Rainer Maria Bohle -- Gene expression profiling of primary tumor cell populations using laser capture microdissection, RNA transcript amplification, and GeneChip® microarrays / Veronica I. Luzzi, Victoria Holtschlag, and Mark A. Watson -- Quantification of gene expression in mouse and human renal proximal tubules / Jun-ya Kaimori, Masaru Takenaka, and Kousaku Okubo -- Laser capture microdissection for analysis of macrophage gene expression from atherosclerotic lesions / Eugene Trogan and Edward A. Fisher -- Analysis of pituitary cells by laser capture microdissection / Ricardo V. Lloyd, ... [et al.] -- Laser capture microdissection and colorectal cancer proteomics / Laura C. Lawrie and Stephanie Curran -- Proteomic analysis of human bladder tissue using SELDI® approach following microdissection techniques / Rene C. Krieg ... [et al.] --
- Laser capture microscopy and microdissection 2002, ScienceDirect
- Laser dermatology 2005, Springer
- Laser dermatology. 2nd ed. 2013, Springer
- Laser manipulation of cells and tissues 2007, ScienceDirect
- Laser-tissue interactions. 3rd, enlarged ed. 2007, Springer
- Laserphysik 2013, Springer1 Quantenmechanische Grundlagen von Lasern -- 1.1 Einstein-Ratengleichungen und Plancksches Strahlungsgesetz -- 1.2 Übergangswahrscheinlichkeiten und Matrixelemente -- 1.3 Modenstruktur und spontane Emission -- 1.4 Wirkungsquerschnitte und Linienverbreiterung -- 2 Prinzip der Laser -- 2.1 Besetzungsinversion und Rückkopplung -- 2.2 Spektroskopische Laser-Ratengleichungen -- 2.3 Potentialmodell des Lasers -- 3 Optische Resonatoren -- 3.1 Lineare Resonatoren und Stabilitätskriterien -- 3.2 Modenstruktur und Intensitätsverteilung -- 3.3 Linienbreite der Laseremission -- 4 Erzeugung von kurzen und ultrakurzen Pulsen -- 4.1 Grundlagen der Güteschaltung -- 4.2 Grundlagen der Modenkopplung und ultrakurzer -- 5 Beispiele für Laser und deren Anwendungen -- 5.1 Gaslaser: Der Helium-Neon-Laser -- 5.2 Festkörperlaser -- 5.3 Spezielle Realisierungen von Lasern -- Literaturverzeichnis -- Index.
- Lasers in dermatology and medicine 2011, SpringerLaser-Tissue Interactions -- Laser Safety: Regulations, Standards and Practice Guidelines -- Lasers for Treatment of Vascular Lesions -- Laser for Scars -- Laser Treatment of Leg Veins -- Lasers and Lights for Treating Pigmented Lesions -- Laser Treatment of Tattoos -- Laser for Hair Removal -- Lasers for Resurfacing -- Fractional Photothermolysis -- Plasma Resurfacing -- Sub-Surfacing Lasers -- Non-invasive Rejuvenation/Skin Tightening: Light-Based Devices -- Laser and Light Therapies for Acne -- Lasers for Psoriasis and Hypopigmentation -- Lasers and Lights for Adipose Tissue and Cellulite -- Intense Pulse Light (IPL) -- Photodynamic Therapy -- Light-Emitting Diode Phototherapy in Dermatological Practice -- Laser and Light for Wound Healing Stimulation -- Lasers in Hair Growth and Hair Transplantation -- Reflectance-Mode Confocal Microscopy in Dermatological Oncology -- Laser Clinical and Practice Pearls -- The Selection and Education of Laser Patients -- Anesthesia for Laser Surgery -- Laser Application for Ethnic Skin -- Laser Applications in Children -- Dressings/Wound Care for Laser Treatment -- Prevention and Treatment of Laser Complications -- Ethical Issues -- Medicolegal Issues (Documentation/Informed Consent) -- Psychological Aspects to Consider Within Laser Treatments -- Photography of Dermatological Laser Treatment -- Online Resources for Dermatologic Laser Therapies -- Starting a Laser Practice -- Research and Future Directions -- Laser/Light Applications in Ophthalmology: Visual Refraction -- Laser/Light Applications in Ophthalmology: Posterior Segment Applications -- Laser/Light Application in Ophthalmology: Control of Intraocular Pressure -- Laser/Light Application in Dental Procedures -- Laser/Light Applications in Otolaryngology -- Laser/Light Applications in Gynecology -- Laser/Light Applications in General Surgery -- Laser/Light Applications in Urology -- Lasers in Cardiology and Cardiothoracic Surgery -- Laser/Light Applications in Neurology and Neurosurgery -- Laser/Light Applications in Anesthesiology.
- Lasers in medicine 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Lasik 2004Print Material
- LASIK handbook. 2nd ed. 2013, OvidSection I. LASIK fundamentals -- section II. Diagnostic equipment -- section III. Flap-making equipment -- section IV. Excimer lasers -- section V. Management of postsurgical problems -- section VI. Other surgical considerations -- section VII. Study section -- section VIII. International perspectives in refractive surgery.
- Print Material
- Print MaterialBasic principles -- Vergence, lenses, objects, and images -- The model eye -- Visual acuity testing -- Refraction and optical dispensing -- Lens effectivity and vertex distance -- Accommodation, presbyopia, and bifocals -- Astigmatism -- Aberrations, distortions, and irregularities -- Contact lenses -- Intraocular lenses -- Refractive surgery -- Magnification and telescopes -- Low vision -- Mirrors -- Prisms and diplopia -- Instruments -- Good people, bad optics : the dissatisfied patient -- Important formulas.
- Late effects of cancer treatment on normal tissues 2008, Springer
- Late effects of treatment for brain tumors 2009, SpringerPart I. Overview of brain tumor survivorship -- Introduction to brain tumor survivorship and historical perspective / Stewart Goldman and Christopher D. Turner -- Late effects of neurosurgery / Arthur J. DiPatri, Martin Pham, and Kenji Muro -- Late effects of CNS radiation therapy / Helen A. Shih, Jay S. Loeffler, and Nancy J. Tarbell -- Late effects of chemotherapy / Sridharan Gururangan -- Late effects of stem cell transplantation in brain tumor survivors / Karina Danner-Koptik, David A. Jacobsohn, and Kimberley J. Dilley -- Effect of cancer treatment on neural stem and progenitor cells / Jörg Dietrich and Santosh Kesari -- The pediatric brain tumor late effects clinic / Kimberly J. Dilley and Barbara Lockart -- Part II. Medical late effects of brain tumor treatment -- Neurological complications in adults / Michelle Monje and Patrick Y. Wen -- Neurological complications in children / Sonia Partap and Paul Graham Fisher -- Strokes among childhood brain tumor survivors / Daniel C. Bowers -- Endocrine late effects: manifestations and treatments / Jason R. Fangusaro and Elizabeth Eaumann Littlejohn -- Ocular consequences and late effects of brain tumor treatments / María E. Echevarría and Joanna L. Weinstein -- Auditory late effects of chemotherapy / Anna K. Meyer and Nancy M. Young -- Reproductive health issues in survivors of childhood and adult brain tumors / Tress Goodwin, B. Elizabeth Delasobera, and Paul Graham Fisher -- Cancer predisposition syndromes / Joanna L. Weinstein, Kanyalakshmi Ayyanar, and Melody A. Watral -- Secondary neoplasms following treatment for brain tumors / Joanna L. Weinstein, Kanyalakshmi Ayyanar, and Melody A. Watral.
- Latency strategies of herpesviruses 2007, Springer
- Lateral flow immunoassay 2009, Springer
- Lateral line system 2014, SpringerThe Lateral Line System provides an overview of the key concepts and issues surrounding the development, evolution, neurobiology, and function of the lateral line, a fascinating yet somewhat enigmatic flow-sensing system. The book examines the historical precedence for linking the auditory and lateral line systems, its structure and development, use of the lateral line system of zebrafish as a model system, physical principles governing the response properties of the lateral line, the behavioral relevance of this sensory system to the lives of fish, and an examination of how this information
- Latina/os in the United States 2008, SpringerTheoretical and methodological issues of Latina/o research / Nestor Rodríguez -- New Latino destinations / Manuel A. Vásquez, Chad E. Seales, and Marie Friedmann Marquardt -- Latino incorporation in the United States in local and transnational contexts / Robert Courtney Smith -- Demographic patterns : age structure, fertility, mortality, and population growth / Jorge del Pinal -- Through children's eyes : families and households of Latino children in the United States / Jennifer E. Glick and Jennifer Van Hook -- U.S. Latinos/as and the "American dream" : diverse populations and unique challenges in housing / Eileen Diaz McConnell -- Latino health paradoxes : empirical evidence, explanations, future research, and implications / Dolores Acevedo-Garcia and Lisa M. Bates -- Latino crime and delinquency in the United States / Ramiro Martinez, Jr. -- The educational experiences of Latinos in the United States / William Vélez -- Latinos in the United States labor market / Lisa Catanzarite and Lindsey Trimble -- Latino/a entrepreneurship in the United States : a strategy of survival and economic mobility / Zulema Valdez -- Income, earnings, and poverty : a portrait of inequality among Latinos/as in the United States / Alberto Dávila, Marie T. Mora, and Alma D. Hales -- Mapping the dynamic terrain of U.S. Latina/o media research / Isabel Molina Guzmán -- As the Latino/a world turns : the literacy and cultural production of transnational latinidades / Ana Patircia Rodríguez -- Religion and religiosity / Miguel A. De La Torre -- Latinos/os (in) on the border / Emily Skop, Brian Gratton, and Myron P. Gutmann -- Entre nosotras/os : theorizing, researching, and constructing cross-Latina/o relations in the United States / Gilda L. Ochoa -- Beyond gender dichotomies : toward a new century of gendered scholarship in the Latina/o experience / Maura I. Toro-Morn -- Adelante mujer : Latina activism, feminism, and empowerment / Denise A. Segura and Elisa Facio -- Latinas and Latinos, sexuality, and society : a critical sociological perspective / Gloria González-Lopez and Salvador Vidal-Ortiz -- Latino partisanship, political activity and vote choice / Kim Geron and Melissa R. Michelson -- Political orientations and Latino immigrant incorporation / Sarah Allen Gershon and Adrian D. Pantoja -- Political mobilization and activism among Latinos/as in the United States / Christian Zlolniski -- Unions and the unionization of Latinas/os in the United States / Héctor L. Delgado.
- Lattice 2008, Springer
- Print MaterialCancer drugs: from nitrogen mustards to Gleevec -- Drugs to kill germs -- Cardiovascular drugs: from nitroglycerin to Lipitor -- Sex and drugs -- Drugs of the mind -- Diabetes drugs -- Anesthetics -- Anti-inflammatory drugs -- Reflections.
- Lavender 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Law and ethics of the pharmaceutical industry 2006, ScienceDirect
- Law for the expert witness. 3rd ed. 2007, CRCnetBASE
- LC-MS/MS in proteomics 2010, Springer ProtocolsApproaches and applications of quantitative LC-MS for proteomics and activitomics / Pedro R. Cutillas and John F. Timms -- Overview of quantitative LC-MS techniques for proteomics and activitomics / John F. Timms and Pedro R. Cutillas -- Instrumentation for LC-MS/MS in proteomics / Robert Chalkley -- Bioinformatics for LC-MS/MS-based proteomics / Richard J. Jacob -- Analysis of post-translational modifications by LC-MS/MS / Hannah Johnson and Claire E. Eyers -- In-depth analysis of protein phosphorylation by multidimensional ion exchange chromatography and mass spectrometry / Maria P. Alcolea and Pedro R. Cutillas -- Mapping of phosphorylation sites by LC-MS/MS / Bertran Gerrits and Bernd Bodenmiller -- Analysis of carbohydrates on proteins by offline normal-phase liquid chromatography MALDI-TOF-MS/MS / Theodora Tryfona and Elaine Stephens -- Selected reaction monitoring applied to quantitative proteomics / Reiko Kiyonami and Bruno Domon -- Basic design of MRM assays for peptide quantification / Andrew James and Claus Jorgensen -- Proteome-wide quantitation by SILAC / Kristoffer T.G. Rigbolt and Blagoy Blagoev -- Quantification of proteins by iTRAQ / Richard D. Unwin -- Quantification of proteins by label-free LC-MS/MS / Yishai Levin and Sabine Bahn -- Protocol for quantitative proteomics of cellular membranes and membrane rafts / Andrew J. Thompson and Ritchie Williamson -- Organelle proteomics by label-free and SILAC-based protein correlation profiling / Joern Dengjel, Lis Jakobsen, and Jens S. Andersen -- Mapping protein-protein interactions by quantitative proteomics / Joern Dengjel, Irina Kratchmarova, and Blagoy Blagoev -- Analysis of serum proteins by LC-MS/MS / Sarah Tonack, John P. Neoptolemos, and Eithne Costello -- Urinary proteome profiling using 2D-DIGE and LC-MS/MS / Mark E. Weeks -- Analysis of peptides in biological fluids by LC-MS/MS / Pedro R. Cutillas -- Quantification of protein kinase activities by LC-MS / Maria P. Alcolea and Pedro R. Cutillas -- A protocol for top-down proteomics using HPLC and ETD/PTR-MS / Sarah R. Hart.
- Lead and public health 2011, ScienceDirectThe book presents a detailed assessment of the health science of lead and the human health risk assessment models for lead's human health impacts, followed by an account of various regulatory efforts in the United States and elsewhere to eliminate or reduce human toxic exposures to lead. The science of lead as presented here covers releases of lead into the environment, lead's movement through the environment to reach humans who are then exposed, and the spectrum of toxic effects, particularly low-level toxic effects, on the developing central nervous system of the very young child. The section on human health risk assessment deals with quantifying not only the dose-response relationships that underlie toxic responses to lead in sensitive populations but also with the likelihood of toxic responses vis-vis environmental lead at some level of exposure. This section includes a treatment of computer models of lead exposure, particularly those that use lead in whole blood as a key measure. Various models convert lead intake via various body compartments into measures of body lead burden. Such measures are then directly related to severity of injury. The final section of the book deals with past and present regulatory efforts to control lead releases into the human environment. Current control efforts present a mixed picture. The most problematic issue is the continued presence of lead paint in older housing and lead in soils of urban and mining industry communities. Comprehensive assessment of the three major facets of the public health problem of lead: the voluminous science, the risk assessment approaches, and approaches to controlling lead as a public health problem. Integration of the above three elements to provide a coherent whole Provides a single source of information that will be extremely valuable to all professionals working in areas impacted by this toxic substance.
- Lead molecules from natural products 2006, ScienceDirectReverse pharmacognosy : a new concept for accelerating natural drug discovery / Quoc-Tuan Do and Philippe Bernard -- Effects of plant extracts on gene expression profiling : from macroarrays to microarray technology / Carlo Mischiati, Alessia Sereni, Mahmud Tareq Hassan Khan, Ilaria Lampronti and Roberto Gambari -- Effects of medicinal plant extracts on molecular interactions between DNA and transcription factors / Ilaria Lampronti, Mahmud Tareq Hassan Khan, Nicoletta Bianchi, Giordana Feriotto, Carlo Mischiati, Monica Borgatti and Roberto Gambari -- Plants with antitumor properties : from biologically active molecules to drugs / Ilaria Lampronti, Mahmud Tareq Hassan Khan, Nicoletta Bianchi, Elisabetta Lambertini, Roberta Piva, Monica Borgatti and Roberto Gambari -- Herbal extracts and compounds active against herpes simplex virus / Kenneth D. Thompson -- Pharmacological modulation of cough reflex / Gabriela Nosalova, Juraj Mokry and Sona Franova -- Phytotherapy of cough / Sona Franova, Gabriela Nosalova and Juraj Mokry -- The medicinal potential of black seed (Nigella sativa) and its components / Hala Gali-Muhtasib, Nahed El-Najjar and Regine Schneider-Stock -- Cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitors from natural sources : recent advances and future prospects for cancer treatment / Hala Gali-Muhtasib -- Anticancer and medicinal properties of essential oil and extracts of East Mediterranean sage (salvia triloba) / Hala Gali-Muhtasib -- Marine organisms from Brazil as source of potential anticancer agents / Letícia Veras Costa-Lotufo, Cláudia Pessoa, Maria Elisabete A. Moraes, Adaíla Marta Paixão Almeida, Manoel Odorico de Moraes and Tito Monteiro da Cruz Lotufo -- Anticancer potential of Northeast Brazilian plants / Cláudia Pessoa, Letícia Veras Costa-Lotufo, Albert Leyva, Maria Elisabete Amaral de Moraes and Manoel Odorico de Moraes --Safety and efficacy of phytomedicines / Manoel Odorico de Moraes, Fernando Antônio Frota Bezerra, Letícia Veras Costa-Lotufo, Cláudia Pessoa and Maria Elisabete Amaral de Moraes -- Pharmacological and biochemical profiling of lead compounds from traditional remedies : the case of Croton cajucara / Maria Aparecida M. Maciel, Tereza Neuma C. Dantas, Janaína Keila P. Câmara, Angelo C. Pinto, Valdir F. Veiga Jr., Carlos R. Kaiser, Nuno A. Pereira, Cristina M.T.S. Carneiro, Frederico A. Vanderlinde, Antônio J. Lapa, Aniele R. Agner, Ilce M.S. Cólus, Juliana Echevarria-Lima, Noema F. Grynberg, Andressa Esteves-Souza, Kenia Pissinate and Aurea Echevarria -- Antihypertensive peptides from natural resources / Toshiro Matsui and Kiyoshi Matsumoto -- Xanthones as therapeutic agents : chemistry and pharmacology / Noungoue Tchamo Diderot, Ngouela Silvere and Tsamo Etienne -- Inhibition of immunodeficiency type-1 virus (HIV-1) life cycle by medicinal plant extracts and plant-derived compounds / Roberto Gambari and Ilaria Lampronti -- Anticancer properties of saffron, Crocus sativus Linn. / José-Antonio Fernández -- Lead compounds and drug candidates from some Turkish plants for human health / İlkay Orhan and Bilge Şener -- Molecular design of multifunctional anti-Salmonella agents based on natural products / Isao Kubo, Ken-ichi Fujita, Ken-ichi Nihei and Aya Kubo -- Plant growth inhibitory activities by secondary metabolites isolated from Latin American flora / Carlos L Céspedes, Juan C Marín, Mariana Domínguez, J Guillermo Avila and Blanca Serrato -- Metabolomics : systematic studies of the metabolic profiling / Mahmud Tareq Hassan Khan and Arjumand Ather.
- Leadership in healthcare 2009, Springer
- Leading pharmaceutical innovation. 2nd ed. 2008, Springer
- Leading the way-- a history of Johns Hopkins Medicine SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Print Material1889-1939 : the first fifty years -- 1940-1988 : Hopkins Medicine moves into the modern era -- 1989-1993 : celebrations and changing of the guard -- 1994 -1998 : overcoming turmoil and addressing challenges -- 1999-2003 : tested to the limit, surmounting crises -- 2001-2011 : creating a new Johns Hopkins Medicine.
- Lean brain management 2008, SpringerLean brain : the greatest challenge of the future -- On the way to LBQ -- The automatic control of a lean brain system -- Inhibitors of LBQ and counteractive measures -- Stereotypical activity in the blood! -- Suggestions for concrete transformations of the world -- The metaphysics of lean brain thought -- Musoleum Germany -- Brain rest.
- Print Material
- Lab-on-chips for cellomics .............
- — Learned in science, explored in art : ..
- Learning abdominal imaging .............
- — Life writing and schizophrenia .........
- Life's vital link ......................
- — Long-term care medicine ................
- Long-term intervention in chronic obs...
- — Lysosomes ..............................
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases