View by page
- Laboratory and diagnostic tests with nursing implications. 7th ed. — Leading pharmaceutical innovation trends and drivers for growth in the pharmaceutical industry. 2nd ed. (100)
- Leading the way-- a history of Johns Hopkins Medicine — Life with epidermolysis bullosa (EB) etiology, diagnosis, multidisciplinary care, and therapy (100)
- Life writing and schizophrenia encounters at the edge of meaning — Local flaps in facial reconstruction. Third edition. [3rd ed.] (100)
- Local immunotherapy in allergy — Lysosomes and lysosomal diseases (67)
- Local immunotherapy in allergy 2003, Karger
- Local Mediterranean food plants and nutraceuticals 2006, KargerEthnobotany -- 'Local food-nutraceuticals': bridging the gap between local knowledge and global needs / Heinrich, M. ... [et al.] -- Gathered Mediterranean food plants: ethnobotanical investigations and historical development / Rivera, D. ... [et al.] -- Disseminating knowledge about 'local food plants' and 'local plant foods' / Rivera, D. ... [et al.] -- Biological activities of 'local foods' -- Plant foods and brain aging: a critical appraisal / Schaffer, S. ... [et al.] -- Local food and cardioprotection: the role of phytochemicals / Visioli, F. ... [et al.] -- A vegetable to meat consumption ratio as a relevant factor determining cancer preventive diet. The Mediterranean versus other European countries / Kapiszewska, M. -- Mediterranean diet as a nutrition education and dietary guide: misconceptions and the neglected role of locally consumed foods and wild green plants / Manios, Y. ... [et al.] -- Development of bioactive substances for functional foods: scientific and other aspects / Weber, P., Flühmann, B., Eggersdorfer, M.
- OBJECTIVES: We prepared this report on the comparative effectiveness and harms of lung-directed nonsurgical therapies for non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC) in three distinct patient populations: (1) patients with stage I NSCLC who are not surgical candidates (Key Question 1), (2) patients with stage I NSCLC who are deemed operable but decline surgery (Key Question 2), and (3) patients with endoluminal NSCLC causing obstruction (Key Question 3). For stage I NSCLC, the local nonsurgical interventions could include conformal radiotherapy modalities and radiofrequency ablation (RFA). For patients with airway obstruction due to an endoluminal NSCLC, local nonsurgical interventions could include those for the stage I setting, as well as conventional wide-field radiotherapy, brachytherapy, laser and mechanical debridement, endoluminal stents, cryoablation, and photodynamic therapy. Surgical resection of any type is not considered as a comparator for any of the Key Questions. DATA SOURCES: MEDLINE(r), Embase(r), and the Cochrane Controlled Trials Registry were searched from January 1, 1995, to July 25, 2012. A search of the gray literature included databases with regulatory information, clinical trial registries, abstracts and conference papers, and information from manufacturers. REVIEW METHODS: We sought studies reporting overall survival, cancer-specific survival, local control, symptom relief, adverse events, and quality of life among our populations of interest. Data were abstracted for each Key Question by a team of reviewers, with independent data verification. Study quality and the risk of bias of randomized controlled trials (RCTs) were assessed using the United States Preventive Services Task Force criteria. The quality and risk of bias of single-arm studies were assessed using the Carey and Boden criteria. The strength of the body of evidence was assessed according to the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality Methods Guide. RESULTS: In our searches, we identified 4,648 unique titles and screened 1,178 in full text. Of the latter, 55 met the inclusion criteria. Thirty-five studies were relevant to Key Question 1, considering medically inoperable patients with stage I NSCLC; 6 were relevant to Key Question 2, considering medically operable patients with stage I NSCLC who decline surgery; and 17 were relevant to Key Question 3, considering patients with inoperable endoluminal NSCLC causing symptoms of obstruction. Three studies addressed both Key Questions 1 and 2. All studies relevant to Key Questions 1 and 2 were single-arm design, prospective (n=15), retrospective (n=21), or not specified (n=2). Among 17 papers included for Key Question 3, 5 were RCTs, 1 was a nonrandomized comparative study, and 11 were single-arm studies. Because comparative study evidence on RFA and debridement and stenting was unavailable for Key Question 3, we included evidence from two single-arm studies involving stents and one on RFA. All RCTs were of poor quality. Only one comparison was available per study, with no two studies examining the same set of interventions. Outcomes of therapy for all Key Questions included overall survival, adverse effects, and quality of life. CONCLUSIONS: Evidence on localized nonsurgical therapies for patients with stage I NSCLC who are not surgical candidates or who decline surgery consists only of single-arm studies, with no direct comparisons among interventions. The best evidence for NSCLC patients with endoluminal obstruction consists of poor-quality single RCTs for each comparison; we did not identify evidence that permitted us to draw conclusions based on indirect comparisons. Overall, evidence is insufficient to permit conclusions on the comparative effectiveness of local nonsurgical therapies for inoperable or operable patients with stage I NSCLC or inoperable NSCLC patients with endoluminal tumor causing pulmonary symptoms.
- Localization in clinical neurology. 5th ed. 2007, OvidGeneral principles of neurologic localization -- Peripheral nerves -- Cervical, brachial, and lumbosacral plexi -- Spinal nerve and root -- Spinal cord -- Cranial nerve I (the olfactory nerve) -- Visual pathways -- The localization of lesions affecting the ocular motor system -- Cranial nerve V (the trigeminal nerve) -- Cranial nerve VII (the facial nerve) -- Cranial nerve VIII (the vestibulocochlear nerve) -- Cranial nerves IX and X (the glossopharyngeal and vagus nerves) -- Cranial nerve XI (the spinal accessory nerve) -- Cranial nerve XII (the hypoglossal nerve) -- Brainstem -- The cerebellum -- The localization of lesions affecting the hypothalamus and pituitary gland -- The anatomic localization of lesions in the thalamus -- Basal ganglia -- The localization of lesions affecting the cerebral hemispheres -- Vascular syndromes of the forebrain, brainstem, and cerebellum -- The localization of lesions causing coma.
- Localization in clinical neurology. 6th ed. 2011, OvidGeneral principles of neurologic localization -- Peripheral nerves -- Cervical, brachial, and lumbosacral plexi -- Spinal nerve and root -- Spinal cord -- Cranial nerve I (the olfactory nerve) -- Visual pathways -- Localization of lesions affecting the ocular motor system -- Cranial nerve V (the trigeminal nerve) -- Cranial nerve VII (the facial nerve) -- Cranial nerve VIII (the vestibulocochlear nerve) -- Cranial nerve IX and X (the glossopharyngeal and vagus nerves) -- Cranial nerve XI (the spinal accessory nerve) -- Cranial nerve XII (the hypoglossal nerve) -- Brainstem -- Cerebellum -- Localization of lesions affecting the hypothalamus and pituitary gland -- Anatomic localization of lesions in the thalamus -- Basal ganglia -- Localization of lesions affecting the cerebral hemispheres -- Localization of lesions in the autonomic nervous system -- Vascular syndromes of the forebrain, brainstem, and cerebellum -- Localization of lesions causing coma.
- LocusLink NLM
- London Lupus Centre, Book of lupus a patients' guide 2009, Springer
- Long acting injections and implants 2012, Springer
- Long non-coding RNAs 2011, SpringerTranscriptional and posttranscriptional programming by long noncoding RNAs / Radha Raman Pandey and Chandrasekhar Kanduri -- Long noncoding RNA as a regulator for transcription / Riki Kurokawa -- Long noncoding RNAs and X chromosome inactivation / Cristina Gontan, Iris Jonkers, and Joost Gribnau -- TERRA : long noncoding RNA at eukaryotic telomeres / Rajika Arora, Catherine M.C. Brun, and Claus M. Azzalin -- Transcription of satellite DNAs in mammals / Claire Vourc'h and Giuseppe Biamonti -- Multiple roles of Alu-related noncoding RNAs / Audrey Berger and Katharina Strub -- roX RNAs and genome regulation in Drosophila melanogaster / S. Kiran Koya and Victoria H. Meller -- Transcription of satellite DNAs in insects / Željka Pezer ... [et al.] -- Long nonprotein-coding RNAs in plants / Virginie Jouannet and Martin Crespi.
- Long term effects of stroke 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Long-term care medicine a pocket guide 2011, SpringerHome care -- Assisted living and residential care -- Nursing facilities -- The role of practitioners and the medical director -- Common clinical conditions in long-term care -- Acute changes in condition -- Health maintenance and prevention -- Integrating palliative care into practice -- Weight and nutrition -- Wound care -- Dementia, delirium, and depression -- Ethical and legal issues -- Caring for families -- Documentation and coding -- Medication management in long-term care -- Rehabilitation and maximizing function.
- Long-term intervention in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialThe global burden of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Definition of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease / N.B. Pride. COPD: worldwide prevalence / A. Sonia Buist. Worldwide mortality for COPD / Jean-François Muir and Antoine Cuvelier. Risk factors for the development of COPD / Scott T. Weiss and Edwin K. Silverman. Risk factors for the progression of COPD / Huib A.M. Kerstjens and Dirkje S. Postma. Socioeconomic burden of COPD / Sean D. Sullivan, Todd A. Lee, and Sarika Ogale -- Pathogenic mechanisms in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Pathology of COPD / James C. Hogg. Inflammatory mechanisms / Robert A. Stockley. Defective repair in COPD: the American hypothesis / Stephen Rennard. Proteinases in COPD / Steven D. Shapiro. Oxidative stress and COPD / William W. MacNee and Irfan Rahman. Pathogenesis of infections in COPD patients / Muriel van Schilfgaarde ... [et al.] Extrapulmonary effects of COPD / Nicholas J. Gross -- Long-term intervention strategies. Smoking cessation / Philip Tønnesen. Anticholinergics / Michael Brunson and William C. Bailey. Long-acting beta-adrenoreceptor agonists for the treatment of COPD / Dirkje S. Postma and Klaus F. Rabe. The role of glucocorticosteroids in the management of COPD / Romain Pauwels. Antibiotics in COPD / Nikolaos Siafakas, Eleni Tzortzaki and M. Tsoumakidou. Long-term intervention studies: α1-antitrypsin substitution / Robert A. Stockley.Surgery and transplantation for COPD / John R. Pepper. New therapies for COPD / Peter J. Barnes.
- Long-term oxygen therapy new insights and perspectives 2012, SpringerThe Patient Candidate for Long-Term Oxygen Therapy -- The Patient Candidate for Long-Term Oxygen Therapy / Roberto W. Dal Negro, Richard Hodder -- The Multidimensional Evaluation of Patients -- Lung Function Parameters / Cleante Scarduelli -- Cardiovascular and Metabolic Indices / Andrea Corsonello, Claudio Pedone, Simone Scarlata, Raffaele Antonelli Incalzi -- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD): Neuromuscular Implications / Cristina Deluca, Ebba Buffone, Elena Minguzzi, Maria Grazia Passarin -- The Psychological and Cognitive Profile / Sonia Dal Ben, Fernanda Bricolo -- Nutritional Deficiencies / Roberto Aquilani, Federica Boschi, Evasio Pasini -- Gender-Related Differences / Paola Turco -- The Cooperating Roles -- Home LTOT: The Role of the Caregiver / Roberta Barian, Stefano Bertacco -- The General Practitioner (GP) / Germano Bettoncelli -- The Cooperating Roles: The Lung Physician / Silvia Tognella -- The Health Institutions / Paola Pisanti -- The Role of Media / Daniel Della Seta -- Systems for Oxygen Delivery / Carlo Castiglioni -- Models for LTOT Management -- Standard Care / Eugenio Sabato, Saverio Sabina, Carlo G. Leo -- Tele-Control at Home / Roberto W. Dal Negro -- The Value of a Systemic Accreditation Path / Massimo Dutto, Nicoletta Palese -- The Outcomes -- Clinical Outcomes / Claudio Micheletto -- Humanistic Outcomes and Quality of Life / Mauro Carone, Sabina Antoniu -- The Economic Impact of Long-Term Oxygen Therapy / Lorenzo G. Mantovani, Marco Cristiani, Gianluca Furneri.
- Longer life and healthy aging 2006, SpringerDisability and healthy life expectancy -- Individual healthy aging -- The family and healthy aging -- Community effects on healthy aging.
- Longevity and frailty 2005, Springer
- Longevity project surprising discoveries for health and long life from the landmark eight-decade study Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialWe have been told that the key to longevity involves obsessing over what we eat, how much we stress, and how fast we run. Based on the most extensive study of longevity ever conducted, "The Longevity Project" exposes what really impacts our lifespan--including friends, family, personality, and work.
- Longitudinal data analysis 2008, CRCnetBASE
- Lookingbill and Marks' Principles of dermatology. 4th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Introduction -- Structure and function of the skin -- Principles of diagnosis -- Dermatologic therapy and procedures -- Epidermal growths -- Pigmented growths -- Dermal and subcutaneous growths -- Eczematous rashes -- Scaling papules, plaques, and patches -- Vesicles and bullae -- Inflammatory papules -- Pustules -- White spots -- Generalized erythema -- Localized erythema -- Specialized erythema -- Purpura -- Dermal induration -- Ulcers -- Hair disorders -- Nail disorders -- Mucous membrane disorders -- Skin signs of systemic disease -- Self-assessment.
- Lost in translation barriers to incentives for translational research in medical sciences 2014, WorldScientificThis book is all about the definition and finding ways to prioritize and accelerate translation research in biomedical sciences and rapidly turning new knowledge into first-in-human studies. It represents an effort to bring together scientists active in various areas of translational research to share science and, hopefully, generate new ideas and potential collaborations. The book provides a comprehensive overview of translational work that includes significant discoveries and pioneering contributions, e.g., in immunology, gene therapy, stem cells and population sciences. It may be used as an advanced textbook by graduate students and even ambitious undergraduates in biomedical sciences. It is also suitable for non-experts, i.e. medical doctors, who wish to have an overview of some of the fundamental models in translational research. Managing the translational enterprise remains a work in progress. The world is changing rapidly, and the scientific world needs to seek new ways to ensure that discoveries get translated for patients efficiently and as quickly as possible. In addition, everyone expects the investment in biomedical research should pay dividends through effective therapeutic solutions. This unique project provides a broad collaborative approach of the international scientific team to present its view and opinion how to cross barriers to incentives for translational research in medical sciences. Contributing to the book is an international team of prominent co-authors. The book consists of unique and widely treated topics, and includes new hypotheses, data and analyses.
- Lost self pathologies of the brain and identity 2005, MyiLibraryThe self as a problem in philosophy and neurobiology / John R. Searle -- The cognitive neuroscience of the self: insights from functional neuroimaging of the normal brain / Seth J. Gillihan and Martha J. Farah -- Neural hierarchies and the self / Todd E. Feinberg -- The frontal lobes and self-awareness / Donald T. Stuss ... [et al.] -- Autobiographical disorders / Esther Fujiwara and Hans J. Markowitsch -- Body image and the self / Georg Goldenberg -- Right-hemisphere pathology and the self: delusional misidentification and reduplication / Todd E. Feinberg ... [et al.]. The mirror sign delusional misidentification symptom / Karen Spangenberg Postal -- Disorders of the self in dementia / William W. Seeley and Bruce L. Miller -- Autism -- "Autos": literally, a total focus on the self? / Simon Baron-Cohen -- Recognizing the sensory consequences of one's own actions and delusions of control / Sarah-Jayne Blakemore. The neural correlates of depersonalization: a disorder of self-awareness / Hedy Kober ... [et al.] -- The self in dreams / Antti Revonsuo -- Psychoactive agents and the self / Roy J. Mathew -- Meditation and the self / Hans C. Lou and Troels W. Kjaer -- The enduring self: a first-person account of brain insult survival / J. Allan Hobson.
- Print MaterialIn the years following the American Revolution, as poverty increased and America's water and air became more polluted, people grew sicker. Traditional medicine became increasingly ineffective. Instead, Americans sought out both older and newer forms of alternative medicine and people who embraced these methods: midwives, folk healers, Native American shamans, African obeahs and the new botanical and water cure advocates. Breslaw describes the evolution of public health crises and solutions, and argues that their ascendance over other healers didn't begin until germ theory finally migrated from Europe, and American medical education achieved professional standing.
- Loudness 2011, Springer"The topic of loudness is of considerable concern both in and outside of research laboratories. Most people have developed an opinion about some aspect of loudness, and many complain about the loudness of background sounds in their daily environments and their impacts on quality of life. Moreover, such sounds interfere with the ability to hear useful sounds, and such masking can be especially problematic for people with hearing losses, children, older adults, and non-native speakers of a language. At the same time, not all loud sounds are undesirable. Some loud sounds are important for human well-being, such as warning signals, whereas other loud sounds, such as music, can be pleasurable. In fact, loudness is essential for enjoying the dynamics of music. Thus, loudness is a pervasive and complex issue, and one that needs to be examined from a wide range of perspectives, and that is the purpose of this volume. Research in loudness has been performed in many countries, and this volume is an international endeavor with authors from Europe, Japan, and the United States, making the volume an attempt to provide a global network of information about loudness. The editors are very pleased to be able to bring together information on many aspects of loudness in this one volume, as well as to highlight approaches from many different perspectives."--Publisher's website.
- Lovell and Winter's pediatric orthopaedics. editors, Stuart L. Weinstine and John M. (Jack) Flynn.. 7th ed. 2014, Ovid"Now in its updated Seventh Edition, Lovell and Winter's Pediatric Orthopaedics remains a must-have for physicians and residents treating infants, children, and adolescents with orthopaedic problems. This classic, comprehensive reference covers the basic science, clinical manifestations, and management of orthopaedic problems in children. Now in full color, the foremost orthopaedists examine normal musculoskeletal development and the causes, diagnosis, and treatment of the entire range of abnormalities, with emphasis on evidence-based decision making in treatment selection. The clinical chapters include pearls and pitfalls and a description of the author's preferred approach. The book will now cover surgical techniques of management with step-by-step illustrations from the Atlas of Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery."-- Provided by publisher.
- Low-cost approaches to promote physical and mental health theory, research, and practice 2007, SpringerLow-cost interventions to promote physical and mental health / Luciano L'Abate -- Diets, health, and weight control : what do we know? / David L. Katz ... [et al.] -- Low-cost obesity interventions : the market for foods / Michael S. Finke and Sandra J. Huston -- Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids and health / John C. Umhau and Karl M. Dauphinais -- Vitamins, minerals and health / Edward Giovannucci -- Herbal medicines in the treatment of psychiatric and neurological disorders / Shahin Akhondzadeh -- Daily practices for mindful exercise / Rachel Calogero and Kelly Pedrotty -- Relaxation and meditation / Angele McGrady -- Expressive movement / Dianne Dulicai and Ellen Schelly Hill -- Pleasant, pleasurable, and positive activities / Joan S. Anderson -- The recording of personal information as an intervention and as an electronic health support / Minna Levine and Ronald Calvanio -- Teaching to remember ourselves : the autobiographical methodology / Duccio Demetrio ; with contribution by Chiara Borgonovi -- Expressive writing : an alternative to traditional methods / Ewa Kacewicz, Richard B. Slatcher, and James W. Pennebaker -- Workbooks for the promotion of mental health and life-long learning / Luciano L'Abate and Damian Goldstein -- Computers and the Internet / Myron L. Pulier ... [et al.] -- Maternal-infant contact and child development : insights from the kangaroo intervention / Ruth Feldman -- Touch interventions positively affect development / Nancy Aaron James and Krystal D. Mize -- Non-erotic physical affection : it's good for you / Andrew K. Gulledge ... [et al.] -- Sex, sexuality and sensuality / Chad L. Cross and Gerald R. Weeks -- Intimacy and fear of intimacy / Anita L. Vangelisti and Gary Beck -- Low-cost interventions for promoting forgiveness / Lindsey M. Root and Michael E. McCullough -- Spirituality in achieving physical and psychological health and well-being : theory, research and low cost interventions / Len Sperry ... [et al.] -- Friendship, social support, and health / Patricia M. Sias and Heidi Bartoo -- Animal companions / Luciano L'Abate -- Applications of emotional intelligence to schools and workplace / David Ruback and Laura Sweeney -- Implications of prescriptive approaches for policy, health promotion, epidemiology, and public health / Cornelius Hogan.
- Low-grade gliomas 2010, SpringerAdvances in imaging low-grade gliomas -- Molecular neuropathology of low-grade gliomas and its clinical impact -- What is the place of conservative management for adult supratentorial low-grade glioma? -- Seizures in patients with low-grade gliomas - incidence, pathogenesis, surgical management, and pharmacotherapy -- Present day's standards in microsurgery of low-grade gliomas -- Is there a place for radiotherapy in low-grade gliomas? -- The place of interstitial brachytherapy and radiosurgery for low-grade gliomas -- Health-related quality of life aspects in patients with low-grade glioma.
- Lower abdominal and perineal surgery 2014, SpringerWritten by internationally acclaimed specialists, "Lower Abdominal and Perineal Surgery" provides pertinent and concise procedure descriptions spanning benign and malignant problems and minimally invasive procedures. Complications are reviewed when appropriate for the organ system and problem, creating a book that is both comprehensive and accessible. Stages of operative approaches with relevant technical considerations are outlined in an easily understandable manner. Forming part of the series, Surgery: Complications, Risks and Consequences, this volume Lower Abdominal and Perineal Surgery provides a valuable resource for all general surgeons and residents in training.
- Lower extremity arterial disease 2005, SpringerClaudication : clinical diagnosis and differential diagnosis / Dennis G. Caralis -- Noninvasive diagnostic evaluation of peripheral arterial disease / Nicholas Labropoulos and Apostolos K. Tassiopoulos -- Smoking and smoking cessation / Albert Bellg and Aristides N. Mavridis -- Peripheral arterial disease and diabetes / George L. Bakris -- Hyperlipidemia in peripheral arterial disease / Ambika Babu, C.R. Kannan, and Theodore Mazzone -- Hypertension and peripheral vascular disease / Anjula Gandhi, Jay Garg, and George L. Bakris -- Physical inactivity is a risk factor for lower extremity arterial disease and coronary heart disease / Dennis G. Caralis and Stamatis Dimitropoulos -- Pathogenesis of atheroslerotic vascular disease / Bassem Jamil Basha, George L. Bakris, and James R. Sowers -- Lower extremity arterial disease coexisting with coronary artery disease : management and prognosis / Dennis G. Caralis -- Medical therapy of claudication and lower extremity arterial disease / Dennis G. Caralis -- Exercise therapy for low extremity arterial disease / Peter F. Kokkinos -- Endovascular strategies for management of claudication and lower extremity arterial disease / Michael C. Brunner and Dennis G. Caralis -- Severe lower extremity arterial disease : limb salvage and revascularization failure / Chad E. Jacobs and Walter J. McCarthy.
- "A comprehensive, authoritative text on all aspects of substance abuse and addiction medicine. Scientific topics such as the biology of various addictions and all dimensions of clinical treatment and management are addressed by a wide range of leading contributors. Behavioral addictions are addressed also, so the text is not solely devoted to specific substances and their misuse"--Provided by publisher.
- Lucky few between the greatest generation and the baby boom 2008, Springer
- Lumbar intervertebral disc 2010, ThiemeBasic science -- Epidemiology and economics of intervertebral disc disease -- Anatomy and physiology of the lumbar intervertebral disc and endplates -- Biology of the lumbar intervertebral disc -- Biomechanics of the lumbar intervertebral disc -- Mechanisms of pain from intervertebral discs -- Biology and biomechanics of the spinal degenerative cascade -- Disc herniation -- Pathophysiology and etiology of intervertebral disc herniation -- Clinical features of herniated nucleus pulposus -- Nonsurgical treatment of herniated nucleus pulposus -- Percutaneous decompression -- Decompressive surgery for herniated nucleus pulposus (open, micro, and minimally invasive approaches) -- Annular repair and barrier technologies -- Degenerative disc disease -- Clinical presentation of disc degeneration -- Degenerative disc imaging -- Provocative testing (discography) -- Presurgical psychological screening -- Treatment of degenerative disc disease -- Mechanical diagnosis and therapy -- Role of education and back schools -- Cognitive therapy for symptomatic disc degeneration -- Biologic therapies for disc repair -- Intradiscal therapy -- Nucleus augmentation -- Interspinous devices -- Posterior nonfusion pedicle screw-based stabilization -- Lumbar spine arthroplasty -- Spinal fusion: posterior approaches -- Spinal fusion: anterior approach -- Spinal fusion: combined anteroposterior approach -- Minimally invasive spinal fusion procedures -- Biologics for spinal fusion -- Postoperative rehabilitation of lumbar spine patients -- Surgical treatment of degenerative lumbar disc disease: a critical review.
- Lumbar spinal imaging in radicular pain and related conditions understanding diagnostic images in a clinical context 2010, SpringerThe Nature of Radicular Pain and Related Conditions -- Imaging Techniques for the Lumbar Spine: Conventional Radiology, Computed Tomography; Magnetic Resonance Imaging -- Normal Anatomy -- Pathologic Anatomy and Mechanisms of Nerve Root Compression -- Spinal Imaging in Relation to Surgical Therapy: Pre-and Post-Operative.
- Luminescence biotechnology instruments and applications 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Lung and heart-lung transplantation Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Lung cancer 2003, Springer Protocolsv. 2 Springer Protocolsv. 1. Molecular pathology methods and reviews -- v. 2. Diagnostic and therapeutic methods and reviews.
- Lung cancer and autoimmune disorders 2015, SpringerLung cancer and autoimmune diseases are complex entities in that they involve gene disturbance, gene polymorphism, and impaired gene repair mechanisms. The volume focuses on altered gene expression in tumor processes and in chronic autoimmune disorders. The chapters discuss the biological rationale for novel disease protein markers, present relevant clinical results, and give some diagnostic and therapeutic tips.
- Lung cancer imaging 2013, SpringerWhile specialists often guide the care to lung cancer patients, it is often a general radiologist who is left to interpret studies that impact patient care and management. Lung Cancer Imaging provides a comprehensive guide to the diagnosis, staging and overview of the management of lung cancer relevant to practicing radiologists so that they can better understand the decision making issues and provide more directed and useful communication to the treating physicians. It Primary Care physicians will also find this book valuable to understand the relevant issues that they face when one of their.
- Lung Cancer: Overview / Shirish M. Gadgeel and Gregory P. Kalemkerian -- Hallmarks of Metastasis / M. Roshni Ray and David M. Jablons -- Tumor Stem Cells and Metastasis / Jaclyn Y. Hung -- Epithelial-Mesenchymal Transition as a Mechanism of Metastasis / Katia Savary, Stefan Termén, Sylvie Thuault, Venkateshwar Keshamouni and Aristidis Moustakas -- Mechanisms of Tumor Cell Migration and Invasion in Lung Cancer Metastasis / Charles Kumar Thodeti and Kaustabh Ghosh -- Immunologic Mechanisms in Lung Carcinogenesis and Metastasis / Jay M. Lee, Jane Yanagawa, Saswati Hazra, Sherven Sharma and Tonya Walser, et al. -- Angiogenesis and Angiogenic Diversity in Lung Cancer Metastasis / Douglas A. Arenberg -- Chemokines in Lung Cancer Metastasis / Borna Mehrad, Ellen C. Keeley and Robert M. Strieter -- Molecular Control of Lymphatic Metastasis in Lung Cancer / Mark M. Fuster and Judith A. Varner -- Carcinoma-Associated Fibroblasts in Lung Cancer / Roya Navab, Bizhan Bandarchi and Ming-Sound Tsao -- The Role of Tumor-Associated Macrophages and Other Innate Immune Cells in Metastatic Progression of Lung Cancer / Zvi G. Fridlender, M. Cecilia Crisanti and Steven M. Albelda -- Experimental Animal Models for Studying Lung Cancer / Jiang Liu and Michael R. Johnston -- Molecular Imaging in Lung Cancer Metastases / Mahaveer Swaroop Bhojani, Shyam Nyati, Hyma R. Rao, Brian D. Ross and Alnawaz Rehemtulla -- Biomarker Discovery for Metastatic Disease / Gilbert S. Omenn and James D. Cavalcoli -- Current Clinical Management of Metastatic Lung Cancer / Bryan J. Schneider and Suresh S. Ramalingam -- Site-Directed Therapy for Lung Cancer Metastases / Kevin S Oh, Baskaran Sundaram, Venkataramu Krishnamurthy, Allan Pickens and Malini Venkatram, et al. -- Systems Approach for Understanding Metastasis / Peter J. Woolf, Angel Alvarez and Venkateshwar G. Keshamouni.
- Lung cancer prevention, management, and emerging therapies 2010, Springer
- Lung cancer principles and practice. 3rd ed. 2005, OvidEtiology and epidemiology -- Lung cancer biology -- Screening/early detection/prevention -- Pathology and molecular classification -- Clinical presentation, diagnosis, staging, and prognosis -- Surgery -- Radiation therapy -- Chemotherapy -- Multimodality therapy of NSCLC -- Treatment of small cell lung cancer -- Novel therapeutic strategies -- Palliation and special considerations -- Other thoracic tumors.
- Lung cancer. 3rd ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialSmoking cessation / Alexander V. Prokhorov, Kentya H. Ford, and Karen Suchanek Hudmon -- Lung cancer susceptibility genes / Joan E. Bailey-Wilson -- Lung cancer susceptibility and risk assessment models / Xifeng Wu ... [et al.] -- The molecular genetics of lung cancer / David S. Shames, Mitsuo Sato, and John D. Minna -- Molecular biology of preneoplastic lesions of the lung / Ignacio I. Wistuba and Adi F. Gazdar -- Detection of preneoplastic lesions / Stephen Lam -- Treatment of preneoplastic lesions of the lung / Annette McWilliams -- The pathology and pathogenesis of peripheral lung adenocarcinoma including bronchioloalveolar carcinoma / Wilbur A. Franklin -- Treatment of bronchioloalveolar carcinoma / Ji-Youn Han, Dae Ho Lee, and Jin Soo Lee -- Molecular profiling for early detection and prediction of response in lung cancer / Jacob M. Kaufman and David P. Carbone -- The role for mediastinoscopy in the staging of nonsmall cell lung cancer / Carolyn E. R̈eed -- Minimally invasive surgery for lung cancer / Michael Kent, Miguel Alvelo-Rivera, and James Luketich -- Extended resection for lung cancer / Philippe G. Dartevelle, Bedrettin Yildizeli, and Sacha Mussot -- Adjuvant chemotherapy following surgery for lung cancer / Benjamin Besse and Thierry Le Chevalier -- Induction chemotherapy for resectable lung cancer / Katherine M.W. Pisters -- Image-guided radiation therapy / Kenneth E. Rosenzweig and Sonal Sura -- Stereotactic body radiation therapy for lung cancer / Robert D. Timmerman and Brian D. Kavanagh -- Proton therapy / Joe Y. Chang, Alfred R. Smith, and James D. Cox -- Combinations of radiation therapy and chemotherapy for nonsmall cell lung carcinoma / Zhongxing Liao, Frank V. Fossella, and Ritsuko Komaki -- New chemotherapeutic agents in lung cancer / Anne S. Tsao -- Immunologic approaches to lung cancer therapy / Jay M. Lee, Steven M. Dubinett, and Sherven Sharma -- Epidermal growth factor receptor inhibitors / Lecia V. Sequist and Thomas J. Lynch -- Tumor angiogenesis: biology and therapeutic implications for lung cancer / Emer O. Hanrahan, Monique Nilsson, and John V. Heymach -- Retinoids and rexinoids in lung cancer prevention and treatment / Nishin Bhadkamkar and Fadlo R. Khuri -- Proteasome inhibition in nonsmall cell lung cancer therapy / Minh Huynh and Primo N. Lara Jr. -- Targeted genetic therapy for lung cancer / Jack Roth -- Screening for early detection / James L. Mulshine -- Natural agents for chemoprevention of lung cancer / Amir Sharafkhaneh ... [et al.].
- Lung development, aging and the environment 2003, ScienceDirect
- Lung function physiology, measurement and application in medicine. 6th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialDistribution and measurement of pulmonary blood flow -- Inter-relations between lung ventilation and perfusion -- Transfer of gases into blood in alveolar capillaries -- Transfer factor (diffusing capacity) for carbon monoxide and nitric oxide (Tl,co, Tl,no, Dm and Vc) -- The oxygenation of blood -- Gas exchange for carbon dioxide and acid-base balance -- Control of respiration -- Newborn babies, infants and young children (ages 0-6 years) -- Normal lung function from childhood to old age -- Reference values for lung function in white (caucasian) children and adults -- Genetic diversity : reference values in non-caucasians -- Physiology of exercise and changes resulting from lung disease -- Exercise testing and interpretation, including reference values -- Assessment of exercise limitation, disability and residual ability -- Exercise in children -- Early developments and future prospects -- Getting started -- Development and functional anatomy of the respiratory system -- Body size and anthropometric measurements -- Numerical interpretation of physiological variables -- Basic terminology and gas laws -- Basic equipment and measurement techniques -- Respiratory surveys -- Thoracic cage and respiratory muscles -- Lung volumes -- Lung and chest wall elasticity -- Forced ventilatory volumes and flows (ventilatory capacity) -- Determinants of maximal flows (flow limitation) -- Theory and measurement of respiratory resistance (including whole body plethysmography) -- Control of airway calibre and assessment of changes -- Distribution of ventilation -- Investigation and physiology of breathing during sleep -- Assessment and treatment of sleep related breathing disorders -- Hypobaria : high altitude and aviation physiology and medicine -- Immersion in water, hyperbaria and hyperoxia including O2 therapy -- Cold, heat and the lungs -- Airborne respiratory hazards : features, protective mechanisms and consequences -- Patterns of abnormal function in lung disease -- Strategies for assessment -- Lung function in asthman, COPD, emphysema and diffuse lung fibrosis -- How individual diseases affect lung function (compendium) -- Lung function in relation to general anaesthesia and artificial ventilation -- Lung function in relation to surgery -- Pulmonary rehabilitation.
- Lung imaging and computer-aided diagnosis 2012, CRCnetBASE"Lung cancer remains the leading cause of cancer-related deaths worldwide. Early diagnosis can improve the effectiveness of treatment and increase a patient's chances of survival. Thus, there is an urgent need for new technology to diagnose small, malignant lung nodules early as well as large nodules located away from large diameter airways because the current technology, namely, needle biopsy and bronchoscopy, fail to diagnose those cases. However, the analysis of small, indeterminate lung masses is fraught with many technical difficulties. Often patients must be followed for years with serial CT scans in order to establish a diagnosis, but inter-scan variability, slice selection artifacts, differences in degree of inspiration, and scan angles can make comparing serial scans unreliable. Lung Imaging and Computer Aided Diagnosis brings together researchers in pulmonary image analysis to present state-of-the-art image processing techniques for detecting and diagnosing lung cancer at an early stage. The book addresses variables and discrepancies in scans and proposes ways of evaluating small lung masses more consistently to allow for more accurate measurement of growth rates and analysis of shape and appearance of the detected lung nodules. Dealing with all aspects of image analysis of the data, this book examines: Lung segmentation, Nodule segmentation, Vessels segmentation, Airways segmentation, Lung registration, Detection of lung nodules, Diagnosis of detected lung nodules, Shape and appearance analysis of lung nodules. Contributors also explore the effective use of these methodologies for diagnosis and therapy in clinical applications. Arguably the first book of its kind to address and evaluate image-based diagnostic approaches for the early diagnosis of lung cancer, Lung Imaging and Computer Aided Diagnosis constitutes a valuable resource for biomedical engineers, researchers, and clinicians in lung disease imaging"--Provided by publisher.
- Lung injury mechanisms, pathophysiology, and therapy Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Lung pathology a consultative atlas 2005, SpringerNon-neoplastic disease -- Airway disease -- Alveolar disease -- Interstitial lung disease -- Histological patterns consistent with pulmonary infectious disease -- Granulomatosis -- Pulmonary vascular disease -- Miscellaneous pulmonary disease -- Non-neoplastic pleural disease -- Neoplastic pulmonary and pleural disease -- Lung tumors -- Pleural tumors.
- The nature of lung sound signals -- Historical overview -- Main characteristics and categorization -- Recording issues -- Standards -- Procedures and considerations -- Trends in LS analysis -- New domains in LS representation -- Overview -- Higher-order statistics (spectra) -- Epitomized rationale -- HOS definitions: higher-order statistics -- HOS definitions: higher-order spectra -- The parametric approach -- LS quadratic phase coupling detection -- Autoregressive-HOS modeling of LS source and transmission -- Lower-order statistics -- Epitomized rationale -- LOS definitions: a-stable distribution -- LOS definitions: fractional lower-order moments and covariation coefficient -- LOS analysis tools: converging variance test -- LOS analysis tools: parameter estimates for SAS distributions -- LOS analysis tools: AR modeling of SAS distributions -- LOS analysis of discontinuous adventitious sounds -- Wavelet analysis -- Epitomized rationale -- Continuous wavelet transform -- Discrete WT and multiresolution representation -- Wavelet-based analysis of LS -- Wavelet-HOS -- Epitomized rationale -- CWT-HOS definitions -- Wheeze analysis with CWT-HOS -- Higher-order crossings -- Epitomized rationale -- HOC definitions -- HOC discrimination tools -- HOC analysis of DAS -- Empirical mode decomposition -- Epitomized rationale -- EMD description -- EMD considerations and extensions -- EMD crackles analysis -- Fractal dimension-lacunarity analysis -- Epitomized rationale -- FD estimation -- Lacunarity estimation -- FD analysis of LS -- Lacunarity analysis of DAS -- Denoising techniques -- Overview -- Wavelet-based denoising -- CWT-WED -- WTST-NST filter -- Kurtosis-based extractor -- Fractal dimension-based detector -- Wavelet-fractal dimension-based denoising -- Empirical mode decomposition-fractal dimension-based denoising -- Heart sound cancellation -- HOS-based HSC -- WT-based HSC -- Recursive least squares-based HSC -- Time-frequency-based HSC -- Recurrent time statistics and nonlinear prediction-based HSC -- Other denoising approaches -- Fuzzy logic-based denoising -- Independent component analysis-based HSC -- Variance fractal dimension-based heart sound localization -- Entropy-based heart sound localization -- Reflective implications -- From an engineer's viewpoint -- From a physician's viewpoint.
- Lung surfactant function and disorder Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Lyme borreliosis biological and clinical aspects 2009, KargerBorrelia burgdorferi sensu lato diversity and its influence on pathogenicity in humans / Baranton, G., De Martino, S.J -- Life cycle of Borrelia burgdorferi sensu lato and transmission to humans / Gern, L. -- Epidemiology of Lyme borreliosis / Hubálek, Z. -- Clinical manifestations and diagnosis of Lyme borreliosis / Strle, F., Stanek, G. -- Treatment and prevention of lyme disease / Hansmann, Y. -- Other tick-borne diseases in Europe / Bitam, I., Raoult, D. -- What should one do in a case of a tick bite? / Aberer, E. -- When to order a Western blot and how to interpret it / Hunfeld, K. P., Kraiczy, P. -- Is serological follow-up useful for patients with cutaneous Lyme borreliosis? -- Müllegger, R.R., Glatz, M. -- How do I manage tick bites and Lyme borreliosis in pregnant women? / Maraspin, V., Strle, F. -- What should be done in case of persistent symptoms after adequate antibiotic treatment for lyme disease? / Puchal, X., Sibilia, J. -- What are the indications for lumbar puncture in patients with lyme disease? / Rupprecht, T. A., Pfister, H.-W.
- Lymph node cytopathology 2011, SpringerIntroduction -- Overview of ancillary methods in lymph node FNA diagnosis -- Lymphadenopathy: anatomic and clinical clues to fine needle aspiration diagnosis -- Cytology of normal/reactive lymph nodes -- Overall assessment of the aspirate: diagnostic clues -- Overview of the algorithmic pattern-based approach to lymph node FNA -- The polymorphous lymphoid cell pattern -- The monotonous small-cell pattern -- The monotonous intermediate-sized cell pattern -- The monotonous large cell pattern -- The pleomorphic cell pattern -- Infectious and noninfectious lympadenitis -- Unusual neoplastic and nonneoplastic conditions of lymph nodes -- Pitfalls and limitations of FNA of lymph nodes.
- Lymph nodes Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialSpecimens and studies -- Normal lymph node -- Benign lymphadenopathies -- Epithelial and nevomelanocytic lesions of lymph nodes -- Stromal tumors and tumorlike lesions of lymph nodes -- Hodgkin lymphoma -- Non-Hodgkin lymphoma -- Composite lymphomas and interface between classical Hodgkin and non-Hodgkin lymphoma -- Immunodeficiency-associated lymphoproliferative disorders -- Histiocytic and dendritic cell neoplasms -- Myeloid and mast cell neoplasms.
- Lymphangiogenesis in cancer metastasis 2009, Springer
- Lymphedema diagnosis and treatment 2008, Springer
- Lymphedema-- a concise compendium of theory and practice 2011, SpringerPrimary Lymphedema as a Truncular Lymphatic Malformation -- Primary Lymphedema and Klippel-Trénaunay Syndrome -- Special Issues in Pediatric Primary Lymphedema -- Medical Management -- Surgical Management -- Epidemiology -- Etiology and Pathophysiology -- Clinical Overview-Diagnosis and Management -- Genetic Prospects for Lymphedema Management -- Breast Cancer -- Lower Extremity Cancers -- Radiation Complications -- Pathophysiology of Phlebolymphedema and a Physiologic Approach to Chronic Veno-lymphatic Insufficiency' -- Diagnosis and Management of Primary Phlebolymphedema -- Diagnosis and Management of Secondary Phlebolymphedema -- Management of Phlebolymphedema Ulcers -- Lymphedema Management by the Therapists -- Education of the Patient -- Patient/Family Advocacy -- Reimbursement of CDT-based Care -- General Considerations -- Etiology and Classification of Lymphatic Disorders -- Hereditary and Familial Lymphedema -- Embryology of the Lymphatic System and Lymphangiogenesis -- Anatomy of the Lymphatic System and Its Disorders -- Physiology, Pathophysiology, and Lymphodynamics: General Overview -- Lymphedema -- Physiology, Biology, and Lymph Biochemistry -- Physiology - Lymph Flow -- Pathology and Histochemistry -- Clinical Diagnosis: General Overview -- Clinical Staging -- Combined Clinical and Laboratory (Lymphoscintigraphic) Staging -- Early Diagnosis in Latent Phase -- Review of National and International Consensuses on Chronic Lymphedema -- Differential Diagnosis - General Considerations -- Differential Diagnosis - Lipedema -- Laboratory/Imaging Diagnosis: General Guidelines -- Radionuclide Lymphoscintigraphy -- Duplex Ultrasonography -- Combined Role of Lymphoscintigraphy, X-Ray Computed Tomography, Magnetic Resonance Imaging, and Positron Emission Tomography in the Management of Lymphedematous Disease -- Oil Contrast Lymphangiography -- Fluorescent Microlymphangiography -- Alternative Assessment and Measurement Tools -- Infection -- Physiological Principles of Physiotherapy -- Complete Decongestive Therapy -- Manual Lymph Drainage (Földi Method) -- Manual Lymph Drainage (Leduc Method) -- Compression Therapy -- Intermittent Pneumatic Compression Therapy -- Other Contemporary Treatment Modalities -- Medical Treatment -- Lower Limb Lymphedema -- Upper Limb Lymphedema -- Head and Neck Lymphedema -- Genital Lymphedema -- Psychological Aspect: Compliance and Quality of Life -- General Overview - Historical Background -- General Principles and Indications -- Lymphatic-Venous Derivative and Reconstructive Microsurgery -- Lymphatic-Lymphatic Reconstructive Microsurgery -- Lymph Node-Venous Microvascular Reconstructive Surgery: Filariasis Lymphedema -- Lymph Nodes Transfer Microvascular Reconstructive Surgery -- Current Dilemmas and Controversy -- Prospects for Lymphatic Reconstructive Surgery -- Historical Background - General Overview -- General Principles -- Contemporary Indications and Controversies -- Surgical Treatment of Postmastectomy Lymphedema - Liposuction -- Epilogue.
- Lymphocyte signal transduction 2006, SpringerProtein kinase C-theta (PKC[theta]): new perspectives on its functions in T-cell biology / Rina Barouch-Bentov and Amnon Altman -- Travel informations on the tec kinases during lymphocyte activation / Fabien Garçon and Jacques A. Nunès -- Inducible T-cell tyrosine kinase (ITK): structural requirements and actin polymerization / Constantine D. Tsoukas ... [et al.] -- Differential requirements of PI3K subunits for BCR or BCR/CD19-induced ERK activation / Elena Vigorito and Martin Turner -- Protein tyrosine phosphatases in human disease / Tomas Mustelin -- The T-cell-specific adapter protein functions as a regulator of peripheral but not central immunological tolerance / Philip E. Lapinski ... [et al.] -- Proximal signals controlling B-cell antigen receptor (BCR) mediated NF-[kappa]B activation / Miguel E. Moreno-García ... [et al.] -- The adapter 3BP2: how it plugs into leukocyte signaling / Marcel Deckert and Robert Rottapel -- CTLA-4 regulation of T-cell function via RAP-1-mediated adhesion / Helga Schneider ... [et al.] -- Protein crosstalk in lipid rafts / Raquel J. Nunes, Mónica A.A. Castro, and Alexandre M. Carmo -- Role of lipid rafts in activation-induced cell death: the fas pathway in aging / Anis Larbi ... [et al.] -- T-cell response in aging: influence of cellular cholesterol modulation / Tamàs Fülöp ... [et al.] -- Lymphocyte signaling and the translatability of mRNA / Suzanne Miyamoto -- Protein arginine methylation: a new frontier in T-cell signal transduction / Brandon T. Schurter, Fabien Blanchet, and Oreste Acuto -- Immune regulation by ubiquitin conjugation / K. Venuprasad ... [et al.] -- CTIB (C-terminus protein of I[kappa]B-[beta]): a novel factor required for acidic adaptation /Toshiko Fukamachi ... [et al.] -- HIV may deplete most CD4 lymphocytes by a mechanism involving signaling through its receptors on non-permissive resting lymphocytes / Miles W. Cloyd ... [et al.] -- Integrating traditional and postgenomic approaches to investigate lymphocyte development and function / Yina Hsing Huang ... [et al.] -- Phosphoproteomic analysis of lymphocyte signaling / Lulu Cao, Kebing Yu, and Arthur R. Salomon.
- Lymphocyte trafficking in health and disease 2006, Springer
- Lymphoid malignancies an atlas of investigation and diagnosis Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Lymphoma and leukemia of the nervous system. 2nd ed. 2012, SpringerPt. 1. Introduction -- pt. 2. Central nervous system lymphomas -- pt. 3. Primary CNS lymphoma -- pt. 4. Variants of CNS lymphoma -- pt. 5. Neurological complications of lymphomas and leukemias -- pt. 6. Neurological complications of therapy for lymphomas and leukemias.
- Lymphoma diagnosis and treatment 2013, SpringerRecently, understanding the molecular pathogenesis of malignant lymphomas has led to improvement in the diagnostic precision and to the identification of a variety of molecular therapeutic targets. In addition, new drugs have been approved in the US and Europe, resulting in changes in the standard of care of several types of lymphoid malignancies. Comprehensive in scope and developed by a team of internationally renowned authors, Lymphoma: Diagnosis and Treatment provides a timely update on the most important advances in the biology, diagnosis, and therapy of lymphomas. As part of the Current Clinical Oncology series, Lymphoma: Diagnosis and Treatment will be of value to medical oncologists, hematologists, radiation oncologists, and all physicians involved in the care of patients with lymphoid malignancies.
- Lymphoma methods and protocols 2005, Springer Protocols
- Lymphoma pathology, diagnosis, and treatment Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Lymphomas. 2nd ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Lys et le caducée soigner à la cour de Versailles SU Catalog (SearchWorks)Print MaterialDiscusses medical practitice at the Court at Versailles and the physicians and their royal patrons from 1682 to 1789.
- Lysosomal storage disorders 2007, Springer
- Lysosomes 2005, SpringerHistory and morphology of the lysosome / Renate Lüllmann-Rauch -- Transport of lysosomal enzymes / Stephan Storch and Thomas Braulke -- Adaptor proteins in lysosomal biogenesis / Peter Schu -- Lysosomal membrane proteins / Paul Saftig -- Lysosomal proteases: revival of the sleeping beauty / Klaudia Brix -- Lysosomal storage disorders / Ole Kristian Greiner-Tollersrud and Thomas Berg -- Lysosomal transporters and associated diseases / Frans W. Verheijen and Grazia M.S. Mancini -- Neuronal ceroid-lipofuscinoses / Jaana Tyynelè -- Cholesterol transport in lysosomes / Judith Storch and Sunita R. Cheruku -- Therapy of lysosomal storage diseases / Ulrich Matzner -- Lysosomal proteome and transcriptome / Jobst Landgrebe and Torben Lubke -- External lysosomes: the osteoclast and its unique capacities / Vincent Everts and Wouter Beertsen -- Membrane resealing mediated by lysosomal exocytosis / Norma W. Andrews -- Macroautophagy in mammalian cells / Eeva-Liisa Eskelinen -- Chaperone-mediated autophagy / Erwin Knecht and Natalia Salvador.
- Lysosomes and lysosomal diseases 2015, ScienceDirect
View by page
- Laboratory and diagnostic tests with nursing implications. 7th ed. — Leading pharmaceutical innovation trends and drivers for growth in the pharmaceutical industry. 2nd ed. (100)
- Leading the way-- a history of Johns Hopkins Medicine — Life with epidermolysis bullosa (EB) etiology, diagnosis, multidisciplinary care, and therapy (100)
- Life writing and schizophrenia encounters at the edge of meaning — Local flaps in facial reconstruction. Third edition. [3rd ed.] (100)
- Local immunotherapy in allergy — Lysosomes and lysosomal diseases (67)
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Access restricted to Stanford community
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
Can't find it?
Look if we have it in print
- Springer Protocols
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Large number of high quality software and database programming titles from O'Reilly. Other software titles are also available from Sams and Prentice Hall. Limited to 7 concurrent users.Vast collection of software and database programming titles from multiple publishers, including Microsoft Press.Largest provider of engineering-related eBooks; includes titles in computer science and biomedical engineering.Over 4,000 full-text e-books covering scientific and technical information from CRC Press and others. Many handbooks and single volume reference sources.A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more. Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.Includes peer-reviewed life science and biomedical research protocols compiled from Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods in Molecular Medicine, Methods in Biotechnology, Methods in Pharmacology and Toxicology, Neuromethods, the Biomethods Handbook, the Proteomics Handbook, and Springer Laboratory Manuals.Contains full text access to selected biomedical and nursing books.Provides one-click access to important clinical resources; includes evidence-based diagnosis and treatment guidelines, Books, EBM articles, Ovid MEDLINE, Drug facts and comparisons, Drug interaction facts, guidelines from National Guideline Clearinghouse, patient handouts (English and Spanish), and local content.ClinicalKey provides access to textbooks, electronic journals, practice guidelines, drug information, and patient education handouts.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.Provides online, full-text access to Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers. Subjects include: life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics and astronomy, engineering and economics. Also includes eBooks.Collection of over 8 thousand fulltext titles in engineering, math, and basic and applied biomedical research. Coverage is from 1967 to the present.A library of ebooks on a wide array of topics, digitized and made available online in conjunction with the original publishers.