- Lab-on-chips for cellomics .............
- — Learning C# 3.0. 1st ed. ...............
- Learning cardiac imaging ...............
- — Lifestyle medicine. 2nd ed. ............
- Ligand-macromolecular interactions in...
- — Longitudinal data analysis .............
- Looking at the unborn : ................
- — Lysosomes ..............................
- Ligand-macromolecular interactions in drug discovery 2010, Springer ProtocolsPart I. Reviews -- 1. An Historical overview of drug discovery / Ana Sofia Pina, Abid Hussain, and Ana Cecília Roque -- 2. Ligand macromolecule interactions : theoretical principles of molecular recognition / Tammy Nolan, Nidhi Singh, and Christopher R. McCurdy -- 3. X-Ray cystallography in drug discovery / Ana Luísa Carvalho, José Trincão, and Maria João Romão -- 4. Virtual screening of compound libraries / Nuno M.F.S.A. Cerqueira, Sérgio F. Sousa, Pedro A. Fernandes, and Maria João Ramos -- Part II: Protocols -- 5. Combinatorial chemistry and the synthesis of compound libraries / Rolf Breinbauer and Matthias Mentel -- 6. Ligand-based nuclear magnetic resonance screening techniques / Aldino Viegas, Anjos L. Macedo, and Eurico Cabrita -- 7. Isothermal titration calorimetry and differential scanning calorimetry / Geoff Holdgate -- 8. Adaptive combinatorial design of focused compound libraries / Gisbert Schneider and Andreas Schüller -- 9. Chemical microarrays : a new tool for discovery enzyme inhibitors / Shuguang Liang, Wei Xu, Kurumi Y. Horiuchi, Yuan Wang, and Haiching Ma -- 10. Fluorescence polarization and time-resolved fluorescence resonance energy transfer techniques for PI3K assays / Kurumi Y. Horiuchi and Haiching Ma -- 11. Small molecule protein interaction profiling with functional protein microarrays / Lihao Meng, Dawn Mattoon, and Paul Predki -- 12. Capillary electrophoresis in drug discovery / Milena Quaglia and Ersilia De Lorenzi -- 13. SPR in drug discovery : searching bioactive compounds in plant extracts / Maria Minunni and Anna Rita Bilia -- 14. Application of frontal affinity chromatography with mass spectrometry (FAC-MS) for stereospecific ligand-macromolecule interaction, detection and screening / Jacek Slon-Usakiewicz and Peter Redden -- 15. GPC spin column HPLC-ESI-MS methods for screening drugs noncovalently bound to proteins / Marshall M. Siegel -- 16. A scintillation proximity assay for fatty acid amide hydrolase compatible with inhibitor screening / Yuren Wang and Philip Jones -- 17. A natural products approach to drug discovery : probing modes of action of antitumor agents by genome-scale cDNA library screening / Hendrik Luesch and Pedro Abreu -- 18. Ligand-macromolecule interactions in live cells by fluorescence correlation spectroscopy / Aladdin Pramanik
- Light microscopy 2011, Springer ProtocolsGlycol methacrylate embedding for improved morphological, morphometrical, and immunohistochemical investigations under light microscopy : testes as a model /Hélio Chiarini-Garcia, Gleydes Gambogi Parreira, and Fernanda R.C.L. Almeida --Histological processing of teeth and periodontal tissues for light microscopy analysis /Gerluza Aparecida Borges Silva, Adriana Moreira, and José Bento Alves --Large plant samples: how to process for GMA embedding /Élder Antônio Sousa Paiva, Sheila Zambello de Pinho, and Denise Maria Trombert Oliveira --Image cytometry : nuclear and chromosomal DNA quantification /Carlos Roberto Carvalho, Wellington Ronildo Clarindo, and Isabella Santiago Abreu --Histological approaches to study tissue parasitism during the experimental Trypanosoma cruzi infection /Daniela L. Fabrino, Grazielle A. Ribeiro, Livia Teixeira, and Rossana C.N. Melo --Intravital microscopy to study leukocyte recruitment in vivo /Vanessa Pinho ... [et al.] --Introduction to fluorescence microscopy /Ionita C. Ghiran --Using the fluorescent styryl dye FM1-43 to visualize synaptic vesicles exocytosis and endocytosis in motor nerve terminals /Ernani Amaral, Silvia Guatimosim, and Cristina Guatimosim --Imaging lipid bodies within leukocytes with different light microscopy techniques /Rossana C.N. Melo ... [et al.] --Eicosa cell : an immunofluorescent-based assay to localize newly synthesized eicosanoid lipid mediators at intracellular sites /Christianne Bandeira-Melo, Peter F. Weller, and Patricia T. Bozza --Nestin-driven green fluorescent protein as an imaging marker for nascent blood vessels in mouse models of cancer /Robert M. Hoffman --Imaging calcium sparks in cardiac myocytes /Silvia Guatimosim, Cristina Guatimosim, and Long-Sheng Song --Light microscopy in aquatic ecology: methods for plankton communities studies /Maria Carolina S. Soares ... [et al.] --Fluorescence immunohistochemistry in combination with differential interference contrast microscopy for studies of semi-ultrathin specimens of epoxy resin-embedded samples /Shin-ichi Iwasaki and Hidekazu Aoyagi.
- Light-based therapies for skin of color 2009, Springer
- Limits of human endurance 2013, KargerCaffeine, exercise, and the brain / R. Meeusen, B. Roelands, L.L. Spriet -- Limits to human endurance : carnitine and fat oxidation / F.B. Stephens, S.D.R. Galloway -- Hydration during intense exercise training / R.J. Maughan, N.L. Meyer -- Intense exercise training and immune function / M. Gleeson, C. Williams -- Physiological and performance adaptations to high-intensity interval training / M.J. Gibala, A.M. Jones -- Effect of beta-alanine supplementation on high-intensity exercise performance / R.C. Harris, T. Stellingwerff -- Dietary protein for muscle hypertrophy / K.D. Tipton, S.M. Phillips -- The role of amino acids in skeletal muscle adaptation to exercise / N. Aguirre, L.J.C. van Loon, K. Baar -- National nutritional programs for the 2012 London Olympic Games : a systematic approach by three different countries / L.M. Burke, N. Meyer, J. Pearce.
- Linear mixed models 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Link between inflammation and cancer 2006, SpringerInflammation and cancer: the role of the immune response and angiogenesis /Angus G. Dalgleish and Ken O'Byrne --Chronic inflammation and pathogenesis of GI and pancreatic cancers /Lindsey N. Jackson and B. Mark Evers --Cytokines, NF-[kappa]B, microenvironment, intestinal inflammation and cancer /Arndt J. Schottelius and Harald Dinter --Regulation of NF-[kappa]B transcriptional activity /Linda Vermeulen, Wim Vanden Berghe and Guy Haegeman --The role of immune cells in the tumor microenvironment /Theresa L. Whiteside --Tumor-microenvironment interactions: the seletcin-selectin ligand axis in tumor-endothelium cross talk /Isaac P. Witz --CD95L/FasL and trail in tumour surveillance and cancer therapy /Harald Wajant --Infection & neoplastic growth 101: the required reading for microbial pathogens aspiring to cause cancer /Jessica Berout and Andrei Thomas-Tikhonenko --Cytokines as mediators and targets for cancer cachexia /Josep M. Argilés, Sílvia Busquets and Francisco J. López-Soriano --Targeting NF-[kappa]B in anticancer adjunctive chemotherapy /Burkhard Haefner.
- Linux in a nutshell. 5th ed. 2005, ProQuest Safari
- Lipases. Part A, Biotechnology ScienceDirect
- Lipases. Part B, Enzyme characterization and utilization ScienceDirect
- Lipid A in cancer therapy 2009, SpringerStructure and synthesis of lipid A / Shoichi Kusumoto, Masahito Hashimoto and Kazuyoshi Kawahara -- Conformation and supramolecular structure of lipid A / Klaus Brandenburg and Ulrich Seydel -- Interactions between lipid A and serum proteins / Jèorg Andrèa ... [et al.] -- The lipid A receptor / Kiyoshi Takeda -- Lipid A receptor TLR4-mediated signaling pathways / Masahiro Yamamoto and Shizuo Akira -- Lipid A-induced responses in vivo / Néjia Sassi ... [et al.] -- Lipid A-mediated tolerance and cancer therapy / Cheryl E. Rockwell, David C. Morrison and Nilofer Qureshi -- Lipid A in cancer therapies : preclinical results / Daniele Reisser and Jean-François Jeannin -- Monophosphoryl lipid A (MPL) as an adjuvant for anti-cancer vaccines : clinical results / Christopher W. Cluff -- Antitumoral effects of lipids A : clinical studies / Marc Bardou and Danièle Reisser.
- Lipid analysis and lipidomics 2006, CRCnetBASEAn overview of modern mass spectrometry methods in the toolbox of lipid chemists and biochemists / R. Moreau -- Techniques and applications in lipid analysis / Nils Hinrichsen and Hans Steinhart -- Recent advances in silver-ion HPLC utilizing acetonitrile in hexane as solvent: temperature effects on lipid elution orders/resolution / R.O. Adlof -- TLC-FID with special reference to marine lipids and other high-molecular-weight organic compounds / R.G. Ackman and A. Timmins -- Analysis of trans-18 :1 fatty acids by silver ion HPLC / P. Delmonte and M.P. Yurawecz -- Lipid separations using packed-column SFC / D.G. Hayes -- LC-MS and chiral separation / A. Kuksis -- LC-MS and lipid oxidation / A. Kuksis -- Structural analysis of unsaturated fatty acid methyl ester isomers with acetonitrile covalent adduct chemical ionization (CACI) / J.T. Brenna -- Fast GC for cellular fame analysis of bacteria / J.S. Buyer -- Use of cellular fatty acids to identify food-borne pathogens by infrared spectroscopy and capillary GC / M.M. Mossoba -- Infrared spectroscopy and partial least square calibration in the simultaneous quantification of isolated trans and conjugated linoleic acids / Alfred A. Christy -- Global cellular lipidome analyses by shotgun lipidomics using multidimensional mass spectrometry / X. Han and R.W. Gross -- Waxes and sterols: structures and chemistry / E.J. Parish and A.D. Bell -- Analysis of biological tissue and edible fat / J.K.G. Kramer -- Investigation of protein-lipid interactions by vibrational spectroscopy / E.C.Y. Li-Chan, G. Meng and N.K. Howell -- Fat replacers: an overview / W.E. Artz -- High-performance size-exclusion chromatography for lipid analysis in organic media / M.C. Dobarganes and G. Marquez-Ruiz -- Phospholipids : structures and physicochemical activities / M.C. Erickson.
- Lipid biotechnology 2002, CRCnetBASEPart I. Oilseed Quality Improvement -- 1. Metabolic Engineering of Fatty Acid Biosynthesis / David J. Schultz and John B. Ohlrogge -- 2. Biochemistry and Biotechnology of Triacylglycerol Accumulation in Plants / Randall J. Weselake -- 3. Redirecting Lipid Metabolism in Plants / David Hildebrand, Suryadevara Rao, and Tomoko Hatanaka -- 4. Perspectives on the Production of Industrial Oils in Genetically Engineered Oilseeds / Anthony J. Kinney -- 5. New Gene Combinations Governing Saturated and Unsaturated Fatty Acid Composition in Soybean / Richard F. Wilson, Joseph W. Burton, Vincent R. Pantalone, and Ralph E. Dewey -- 6. Strategies for the Development of NuSun Sunflower Hybrids / Brady A. Vick and Jerry F. Miller -- 7. Biosynthesis of Ricinoleic Acid for Castor-Oil Production / Thomas A. McKeon and Jiann-Tsyh Lin -- Part II. Oxylipins: Formation, Potential Uses, and Their Role in Defense -- 8. Enzymatic Transformation of Lipids as a Plant Defense Mechanism / Daisuke Shibata and Hiroyuki Ohta -- 9. Biocatalysis by the Plant Lipoxygenase Pathway: Oxygenated Fatty Acid Production and Hydroperoxide Lyases / Harold W. Gardner and Alexander N. Grechkin -- 10. Biocatalysis by the Plant Lipoxygenase Pathway: Hydroperoxide-Metabolizing Enzymes / Alexander N. Grechkin and Harold W. Gardner -- 11. Prostaglandin-like Oxylipins in Plants: Biosynthesis, Molecular Signaling, and Response to Environment / Martin J. Mueller -- 12. Cutin Monomers: Biosynthesis and Plant Defense / Elizabeth Ble -- 13. Structural Diversity of Marine Oxylipins -- William H. Gerwick and Inder Pal Singh -- 14. Formation of Oxygenated Fatty Acids by Fungal Enzymes / Ernst Oliw and Chao Su -- 15. Enzymic Formation of Flavor Volatiles from Lipids / Wilfried Schwab and Peter Schreier -- 16. Terpenoid-Based Defense in Plants and Other Organisms / Mario R. Tellez, Stephen O. Duke, Kevin K. Schrader, Franck E. Dayan, Joanne G. Romagni, and Mozaina Kobaisy -- Part III. Lipases and Food Nutrition -- 17. Lipases: Structure, Function, and Properties / Alejandro G. Marangoni -- 18. Industrial Uses of Lipase / Ching T. Hou -- 19. Plant Lipases as Biocatalysts / Kumar D. Mukherjee -- 20. Phospholipases in Enzyme Engineering of Phospholipids for Food, Cosmetics, and Medical Applications / Yugo Iwasaki and Tsuneo Yamane -- 21. Enzymatic Synthesis of Structured Lipids / Casimir C. Akoh, Subramani Sellappan, Lydia B. Fomuso, and Vivienne V. Yankah / 22. Enzymatic Production of Betapol and Other Specialty Fats / Casimir C. Akoh and Xuebing Xu -- 23. Enzyme-Mediated Modification of Milkfat / Victor M. Balcdo and F. Xavier Malcata -- 24. Enzymatic Enrichment of Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids / Yuji Shimada, Akio Sugihara, and Yoshio Tominaga -- 25. Production of Tailor-Made Polyunsaturated Phospholipids Through Bioconversions / Koretaro Takahashi and Masashi Hosokawa -- Part IV. Biocatalysts in Nonfood Applications -- 26. Enzymatic Preparation of Chiral Pharmaceutical Intermediates by Lipases / Ramesh N. Patel -- 27. Production of C20 Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids by an Arachidonic Acid-Producing Fungus Mortierella alpina 1S-4 and Related Strains / Jun Ogawa, Eiji Sakuradani, and Sakayu Shimizu -- 28. Microbial Transformations of Steroids / Herbert L. Holland -- 29. Enzymatic Approaches to the Production of Biodiesel Fuels / Michael J. Haas, George J. Piazza, and Thomas A. Foglia -- 30. Lipase-Catalyzed Synthesis of Value-Added Fatty Acid Esters / Jei-Fu Shaw -- 31. Microbiological Conversions of Fatty Acids to Value-Added Products / Tsung Min Kuo, Tsuneo Kaneshiro, and Ching T. Hou -- 32. Biosynthesis and Applications of Glycolipid and Lipopeptide Biosurfactants / David C. Herman and Raina M. Maier -- 33. Application of Lipolytic Enzymes in Detergents / Maarten R. Egmond -- 34. Supercritical Fluid Technology for Lipid Extraction, Fractionation, and Reactions / Jerry W. King -- 35. Enzyme Reactions in Supercritical Fluids / Osato Miyawaki and Kozo Nakamura.
- Lipid droplets 2013, ScienceDirectThis new volume of Methods in Cell Biology looks at lipid droplets LDs, covering sections on analyses of LDs in model systems, cell/tissue-specific analyses of LDs and imaging and in vitro analyses of LD biogenesis and growth. Chapters are written by experts in the field. With cutting-edge material, this comprehensive collection is intended to guide researchers of LDs for years to come. Covers sections on analyses of lipid droplets (LDs) in model systems, cell/tissue-specific analyses of LDs and imaging, and in vitro analyses of LD biogenesis and growth Chapters are written by experts in t
- Lipid handbook .... 3rd ed. 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Lipid mediators and their metabolism in the brain 2011, Springer
- Lipid metabolism and health 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Lipid modifications of proteins ScienceDirect
- Lipid rafts 2007, Springer ProtocolsOverview of membrane rafts / Thomas J. McIntosh -- Analysis of raft affinity of membrane proteins by detergent-insolubility / Deborah A. Brown -- Nondetergent isolation of rafts / Mehul B. Shah and Pravin B. Sehgal -- Detecting ordered domain formation (lipid rafts) in model membranes using tempo / Omar Bakht and Erwin London -- Using monomolecular films to characterize lipid lateral interactions / Rhoderick E. Brown and Howard L. Brockman -- Electro-formation and fluorescence microscopy of giant vesicles with coexisting liquid phases / Sarah L. Veatch -- Fluorescence correlation spectroscopy / Kristen Bacia and Petra Schwille -- Multiphoton laser-scanning microscopy and spatial analysis of dehydroergosterol distributions on plasma membrane of living cells / Avery L. McIntosh ... [et al.] -- NMR detection of lipid domains / Ivan V. Polozov and Klaus Gawrisch -- Lateral diffusion coefficients of raft lipids from pulsed field gradient NMR / Greger Orädd and Göran Lindblom -- Saturation-recovery electron paramagnetic resonance discrimination by oxygen transport (DOT) method for characterizing membrane domains / Witold K. Subczynski ... [et al.] -- Plasmon-waveguide resonance spectoscopy studies of lateral segregation in solid-supported proteolipid bilayers / Zdzislaw Salamon, Savitha Devanathan, and Gordon Tollin -- Fluorescence recovery after photobleaching studies of lipid rafts / Anne K. Kenworthy -- Single-molecule tracking / Marija Vrljic, Stefanie Y. Nishimura, and W.E. Moerner -- X-ray diffraction to determine the thickness of raft and nonraft bilayers / Thomas J. McIntosh -- Small-angle neutron scattering to detect rafts and lipid domains / Jeremy Pencer ... [et al.] -- Exploring membrane domains using native membrane sheets and transmission electron microscopy / Bridget S. Wilson ... [et al.] -- Atomic force microscopy of lipid domains in supported model membranes / Alan R. Burns --Atomistic and coarse-grained computer simulations of raft-like lipid mixtures / Sagar A. Pandit and H. Larry Scott -- A microscopic model calculation of the phase diagram of ternary mixtures of cholesterol and saturated and unsaturated phospholipids / R. Elliott, I. Szleifer, and M. Schick.
- Lipid signaling protocols 2009, Springer ProtocolsEicosanoids : generation and detection in mammalian cells / Valerie B. O'Donnell, Ben Maskrey, and Graham W. Taylor -- Lipidomic analysis of phospholipids and related structures by liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry / Trevor R. Pettitt -- Measurement of polyphosphoinositides in cultured mammalian cells / Frank T. Cooke -- Inositol lipid-dependent functions in Saccharomyces cerevisiae : analysis of phosphatidylinositol phosphates / Stephen K. Dove and Robert H. Michell -- Methods for the determination of the masss of nuclear PtdIns4P, PtdIns5P, and PtdIns(4,5)P₂ / David R. Jones ... [et al.] -- Lipid quantification and structure determination of nuclear envelope precursor membranes in the sea urchin / Marie Garnier-Lhomme ... [et al.] -- Solution and solid-state NMR of lipids / Axelle Grelard ... [et al.] -- Spatial localization of PtdInsP₂ in phase-separated giant unilamellar vesicles with a fluorescent PLC-delta 1 PH domain / Xavier Mulet ... [et al.] -- Studying cell-to-cell interactions : an easy method of tethering ligands on artificial membranes / Sebastian J. Fleire and Facundo D. Batista -- Ceramide-induced transbilayer (flip-flop) lipid movement in membranes / F.-Xabier Contreras ... [et al.] -- Effects of sterols on the development and aging of Caenorhabditis elegans / Eun-Young Lee ... [et al.] -- Proteomic analysis of the sterol-mediated signaling pathway in Caenorhabditis elegans / Byung-Kwon Choi ... [et al.] -- Sudying the subcellular localization and DNA-binding activity of FoxO transcription factors, downstream effectors of P13K/Akt / Abdelkader Essafi ... [et al.] -- Measurement of PTEN activity in vivo by imaging phosphorylated Akt / Erika Rosivatz and Rudiger Woscholski -- Analysis of phosphatidylinositol 3,4,5 trisphosphate 5-phosphatase activity by in vitro and in vivo assays / Lisa M. Ooms ... [et al.] -- Measuring phospholipase D activity in insulin-secreting pancreatic [beta]-cells and insulin-responsive muscle cells and adipocytes / Rosanna Cazzolli ... [et al.] -- Protein kinase C as an effector of lipid-derived second messengers / Marie-Hélène Paclet ... [et al.] -- Detection of myotubularin phosphatases activity on phosphoinositides in vitro and ex vivo / Holger Maria Rohde ... [et al.] -- Quantification of multiple phosphatidylinositol 4-kinase isozyme activities in cell extracts / Mark G. Waugh, Shane Minogue, and J. Justin Hsuan -- Phospholipid-interacting proteins by solution-state NMR spectroscopy / Keiichiro Kami, Sundaresan Rajesh, and Michael Overduin -- Revealing signaling in single cells by single- and two-photon fluorescence lifetime imaging microscopy / Damien Alcor, Veronique Calleja, and Banafshé Larijani -- Phosphoinositide (PI) 3-kinase assays / Michael J. Fry -- Measurement of phosphatidylinositol and phosphatidylcholine binding and transfer activity of the lipid transport Protein PITP / Shamshad Cockcroft -- In vitro reconstitution of activation of PLC[epsilon] by Ras and Rho GTPases / Natalia Lamuño Gandarillas ... [et al.] -- Assaying endogenous phosphatidylinositol-4-phosphate 5-kinase (PIP5K) activities / Jonathon R. Halstead ... [et al.] -- Preparation of membrane rafts / Mark G. Waugh and J. Justin Hsuan.
- Lipid-mediated protein signaling 2013, SpringerSphingomyelin and its role in cellular signaling / Mahua Chakraborty and Xian-Cheng Jiang -- The driving force of alpha-synuclein insertion and amyloid channel formation in the plasma membrane of neural cells: key role of ganglioside- and cholesterol-binding domains / Jacques Fantini and Nouara Yahi -- The enigmatic role of sulfatides: new insights into cellular functions and mechanisms of protein recognition / Shuyan Xiao, Carla V. Finkielstein, and Daniel G. S. Capelluto -- Phosphoinositides and PDZ domain scaffolds / Anna Maria Wawrzyniak, Rudra Kashyap and Pascale Zimmermann -- PtdIns(4)P signalling and recognition systems / Marc Lenoir and Michael Overduin -- PtdIns(4,5)P2-mediated cell signaling: emerging principles and PTEN as a paradigm for regulatory mechanism / Arne Gericke, Nicholas R. Leslie, Mathias Lösche, and Alonzo H. Ross -- Role of phosphatidylinositol 3,4,5-trisphosphate in cell signaling / Robert D Riehle, Sinziana Cornea and Alexei Degterev -- The role of phosphoinositides and inositol phosphates in plant cell signaling / Glenda E. Gillaspy -- Phosphatidic acid-mediated signaling / Yu Liu, Yuan Su, and Xuemin Wang -- Phosphatidylserine-mediated cellular signaling / Jason G. Kay and Sergio Grinstein -- Cardiolipin-mediated cellular signaling / Vinay A. Patil and Miriam L. Greenberg.
- Lipid-mediated signaling 2010, CRCnetBASEMethods for measuring the activity and expression of phospholipases A2 / by Prerna Rastogi, Janhavi Sharma, and Jane McHowat -- Methods for measuring the activity and expression of phospholipase C / by Ryan A. Frieler, John A. Watt, and Thad A. Rosenberger -- Methods for measuring the activity and expression of phospholipase D / by Wenjuan Su and Michael A. Frohman -- Methods for measuring the activity and expression of diacylglycerol kinase / by Kaoru Goto ... [et al.] -- Methods for measuring endocannabinoid production and expression and activity of enzymes involved in the endocannabinoid system / by Tiziana Bisogno, Luciano De Petrocellis, and Vincenzo Di Marzo -- Mass spectrometry methods for the analysis of lipid molecular species: a shotgun lipidomics approach / by Xianlin Han ... [et al.] -- Mass spectrometry methods for the analysis of bioactive sphingolipids : a high-performance liquid-chromatography/tandem mass spectrometry approach / by Jacek Bielawski, Motohiro Tani, and Yusuf A. Hannun -- Mass spectrometry methods for the analysis of oxidant stress in biological fluids and tissues : quantification of F2-isoprostanes and F4-neuroprostanes using mass spectrometry / by Ginger L. Mine and Jason D. Morrow -- Methods for assessing the role of lipid-activated nuclear receptors in regulation of gene transcription / by Jenny Kaeding, Jocelyn Trottier, and Olivier Barbier -- Fluorescence methods to assess the impact of lipid binding proteins on ligand-mediated activation of gene expression / by Heather A. Hostetler ... [et al.] -- Methods for measuring fatty acids using chromatographic techniques / by Gwendolyn Barecló-Coblijn, Cameron C. Murphy, and Eric J. Murphy -- Methods for measuring fatty acid uptake and targeting in cultured cells and in vivo / by Paul G. Millner, Serena M. Lackman, and Eric J. Murphy -- Methods for kinetic analysis of fatty acid incorporation and turnover in vivo : a steady-state kinetic radiotracer approach / by Dhaval P. Bhatt and Thad A. Rosenberger.
- Lipids. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirectSupported native plasma membranes as platforms for the reconstitution and visualization of endocytic membrane budding / Min Wu, Pietro de Camilli -- Studying lipids involved in the endosomal pathway / Christin Bissig, Shem Johnson, Jean Gruenberg -- Studying in vitro membrane curvature recognition by proteins and its role in vesicular trafficking / Jean-Baptiste Manneville, Cécile Leduc, Benoit Sorre, Guillaume Drin -- Reconstituting multivesicular body biogenesis with purified components / Thomas Wollert -- Approaches to the study of Atg8-mediated membrane dynamics in vitro / Anjai Jotwani, Diana N. Richerson, Isabelle Motta, Omar Julca-Zevallos, Thomas J. Melia -- Reconstitution assay system for ceramide transport with semi-intact cells / Keigo Kumagai, Masahiro Nishijima, Kentaro Hanada -- Visualizing mitochondrial lipids and fusion events in mammalian cells / Huiyan Huang, Michael A. Frohman -- Targeted and non-targeted analysis of membrane lipids using mass spectrometry / Xue Li Guan, Markus R. Wenk -- Modulation of host phosphoinositide metabolism during salmonella invasion by the type III secreted effector SopB / Bernhard Roppenser, Sergio Grinstein, John H. Brumell -- Acute manipulation of phosphoinositide levels in cells / Belle Chang-Ileto, Samual G. Frere, Gilbert Di Paolo -- Regulation of phosphoinositide-metabolizing enzymes by clathrin coat proteins / Marnix Wieffer, Volker Haucke, Michael Krauß -- Phosphoinositides at the neuromuscular junction of drosophila melanogaster : a genetic approach / Jan R. Slabbaert, Thang Manh Khuong, Patrik Verstreken -- Devising powerful genetics, biochemical and structural tools in the functional analysis of phosphatidylinositol transfer proteins (PITPs) across diverse species / James M. Davison, Vytas A. Bankaitis, Ratna Ghosh -- Genome-wide screens for gene products regulating lipid droplet dynamics / Weihua Fei, Hongyuan Yang -- The three dimensionality of cell membranes : lamellar to cubic membrane transition as investigated by electron microsocopy / Ketpin Chong, Yuru Deng -- Quantitative imaging of lipid metabolism in yeast : from 4D analysis to high content screens of mutant libraries / Heimo Wolinski, Kristian Bredies, Sepp D. Kohlwein -- Analysis of cholesterol trafficking with fluorescent probes / Frederick R. Maxfield, Daniel Wüstner -- Fluorescence correlation methods for imaging cellular behavior of sphingolipid-interacting probes / Rachel Kraut, Nirmalya Bag, Thorsten Wohland -- Monitoring phospholipid dynamics during phagocytosis : application of genetically-encoded fluorescent probes / Helen Sarantis, Sergio Grinstein -- Genetically encoded probes for phosopatidic acid / Nawal Kassas, Petra Tryoen-Tóth, Matthias Corrotte, Tamou Thahouly, Marie-France Bader, Nancy J. Grant, Nicolas Vitale.
- Lipids. Part B ScienceDirect
- Lipids. Part C ScienceDirect
- Lipids. Part D ScienceDirect
- Lipids. [Part A] ScienceDirect
- Liposome methods and protocols 2002, Springer Protocols
- Liposome technology. 3rd ed. v. 1-3, 2007, CRCnetBASEv. 2, 2007 CRCnetBASEv. 3, 2007 CRCnetBASEv. 1. Liposome preparation and related techniques -- v. 2. Entrapment of drugs and other materials into liposomes -- v. 3. Interactions of liposomes with the biological milieu.
- Liposomes. Part A-G ScienceDirectpt. B ScienceDirectpt. C ScienceDirectpt. D ScienceDirectpt. E ScienceDirectpt. F ScienceDirectpt. G ScienceDirect
- Lipospheres in drug targets and delivery 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Liposuction 2006, Springer
- Nursing practice and the nursing process -- Standards of care and ethical and legal issues -- Health promotion and preventive care -- Genetics and health applications -- Adult physical assessment -- Intravenous therapy -- Perioperative nursing -- Cancer nursing -- Care of the older or disabled adult -- Respiratory function and therapy -- Respiratory disorders -- Cardiovascular function and therapy -- Cardiac disorders -- Vascular disorders -- Neurologic disorders -- Eye disorders -- Ear, nose, and throat disorders -- Gastrointestinal disorders -- Hepatic, biliary, and pancreatic disorders -- Nutritional problems -- Renal and urinary disorders -- Gynecologic disorders -- Breast conditions -- Endocrine disorders -- Diabetes mellitus and related disorders -- Hematologic disorders -- Transfusion therapy and blood and marrow stem cell transplantation -- Asthma and allergy -- HIV infection and AIDS -- Connective tissue disorders -- Infectious diseases -- Musculoskeletal disorders -- Dermatologic disorders -- Burns -- Emergent conditions -- Maternal and fetal health -- Nursing management during labor and delivery -- Care of mother and neonate during the postpartum period -- Complications of the childbearing experience -- Pediatric growth and development -- Pediatric physical assessment -- Pediatric primary care -- Care of the sick or hospitalized child -- Pediatric respiratory disorders -- Pediatric cardiovascular disorders -- Pediatric neurologic disorders -- Pediatric eye and ear problems -- Pediatric gastrointestinal and nutritional disorders -- Pediatric renal and genitourinary disorders -- Pediatric metabolic and endocrine disorders -- Pediatric oncology -- Pediatric hematologic disorders -- Pediatric immunologic disorders -- Pediatric orthopedic problems -- Pediatric integumentary disorders -- Developmental disabilities -- Problems of mental health -- Appendices: Appendix A: Diagnostic studies and interpretation -- Appendix B: Conversion tables -- Appendix C: Pediatric laboratory values -- Appendix D: Sources of additional information.
- Lippincott's Cancer chemotherapy handbook 2001, Ovid
- Unit IProtein structure and function --Ch. 1Amino acids --Ch. 2Structure of proteins --Ch. 3Globular proteins --Ch. 4Fibrous proteins --Ch. 5Enzymes --Unit IIIntermediary metabolism --Ch. 6Bioenergetics and oxidative phosphorylation --Ch. 7Introduction to carbohydrates --Ch. 8Glycolysis --Ch. 9Tricarboxylic acid cycle --Ch. 10Gluconeogenesis --Ch. 11Glycogen metabolism --Ch. 12Metabolism of monosaccharides and disaccharides --Ch. 13Pentose phosphate pathway and NADPH --Ch. 14Glycosaminoglycans and glycoproteins --Unit IIILipid metabolism --Ch. 15Metabolism of dietary lipids --Ch. 16Fatty acid and triacylglycerol metabolism --Ch. 17Complex lipid metabolism --Ch. 18Cholesterol and steroid metabolism --Unit IVNitrogen metabolism --Ch. 19Amino acids: Disposal of nitrogen --Ch. 20Amino acid degradation and synthesis --Ch. 21Conversion of amino acids to specialized products --Ch. 22Nucleotide metabolism --Unit VIntegration of metabolism --Ch. 23Metabolic effects of insulin and glucagon --Ch. 24The feed/fast cycle --Ch. 25Diabetes mellitus --Ch. 26Obesity --Ch. 27Nutrition --Ch. 28Vitamins --Unit VIStorage and expression of genetic information --Ch. 29DNA structure and replication --Ch. 30RNA structure and synthesis --Ch. 31Protein synthesis --Ch. 32Biotechnology and human disease --Unit VIIReview of biochemistry --Ch. 33Summary of key biochemical facts --Index.
- Unit I: Protein structure and function. Amino acids ; Structure of proteins ; Globular proteins ; Fibrous proteins ; Enzymes -- Unit II: Intermediary metabolism. Bioenergetics and oxidative phosphorylation ; Introduction to carbohydrates ; Glycolysis ; Tricarboxylic acid cycle ; Gluconeogenesis ; Glycogen metabolism ; Metabolism of monosaccharides and disaccharides ; Pentose phosphate pathway and NADPH ; Glycosaminoglycans and glycoproteins -- Unit III: Lipid metabolism. Metabolism of dietary lipids ; Fatty acid and triacylglycerol metabolism ; Complex lipid metabolism ; Cholesterol and steroid metabolism --Unit IV: Nitrogen metabolism. Amino acids: disposal of nitrogen ; Amino acid degradation and synthesis ; Conversion of amino acids to specialized products ; Nucleotide metabolism -- Unit V: Integration of metabolism. Metabolic effects of insulin and glucagon ; The feed/fast cycle ; Diabetes mellitus ; Obesity ; Nutrition ; Vitamins -- Unit VI: Storage and expression of genetic information. DNA structure, replication and repair ; RNA structure, synthesis and processing ; Protein synthesis ; Regulation of gene expression ; Biotechnology and human disease.
- Protein structure and function -- Intermediary metabolism -- Lipid metabolism -- Nitrogen metabolism -- Integration of metabolism -- Storage and expression of genetic information.
- pt. 1. Using the manual -- Nursing students and instructors -- Clinical nursing staff -- Using the manual's CD-ROM to write individualized psychiatric nursing care plans -- pt. 2. Basic concepts -- Fundamental beliefs -- Therapeutic milieu -- Care delivery settings -- Sexuality -- Spirituality -- Culture -- The aging client -- Loneliness -- HIV disease and AIDS -- Homelessness -- Stress -- Crisis intervention -- Community violence -- Community grief and disaster response -- The nursing process -- Evidence-based practice -- Best practices -- Interdisciplinary treatment team -- Nurse-client interactions -- Role of the psychiatric nurse -- Role of the client --pt. 3. Care plans -- General care plans -- Building a trust relationship -- Discharge planing -- Deficient knowledge -- Noncompliance -- Supporting the caregiver -- Community-based care -- Persistent and severe mental illness -- Acute episode care -- Partial community support -- Disorders diagnosed in childhood or adolescence -- Attention deficit / Hyperactivity disorder -- Conduct disorders -- Adjustment disorders of adolescence -- Delirium and dementia -- Delirium -- Dementia -- Substance-related disorders -- Alcohol withdrawal -- Substance withdrawal -- Dual diagnosis -- Schizophrenia and psychotic disorders/symptoms -- Schizophrenia -- Delusions -- Hallucinations -- Delusional disorder -- Psychotic behavior related to a medical condition -- Mood disorders and related behaviors -- Major depressive disorder -- Suicidal behavior -- Bipolar disorder, manic episode -- Anxiety disorders -- Anxious behavior -- Phobias -- Obsessive compulsive disorder -- Posttraumatic stress disorder -- Somatoform and dissociative disorders -- Somatization disorder -- Conversion disorder -- Hypochondriasis -- Dissociative disorders -- Eating disorders -- Anorexia nervosa -- Bulimia nervosa --Sleep disorders and adjustment disorders -- Sleep disorders -- Adjustment disorders of adults -- Personality disorders -- Paranoid personality disorder -- Schizoid and schizotypal personality disorders -- Antisocial personality disorder -- Borderline personality disorder -- Dependent personality disorder -- Passive-aggressive personality disorder -- Behavioral and problem-based care plans -- Withdrawn behavior -- Hostile behavior -- Aggressive behavior -- Sexual, emotional, or physical abuse -- Grief -- Disturbed body image -- Living with a chronic or terminal illness -- Neurologic illnesses -- Head injury -- Substance dependence treatment program -- Adult children of alcoholics -- The client who will not eat -- Appendices -- DSM-IV-TR classification -- NANDA taxonomy II: domains, classes, diagnostic concepts, and diagnoses -- Sample psychosocial assessment tool -- Standards of psychiatric mental health clinical nursing practice -- Canadian standards of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing Practice (2nd ed.) -- Communication techniques -- Defense mechanisms -- Sychopharmacology -- Case study and care plan.
- Lippincott's Nursing drug guide. [12th ed.] 2012, Ovid
- Cell injury -- Inflammation -- Repair, regeneration, and fibrosis -- Immunopathology -- Neoplasia -- Development and genetic diseases -- Hemodynamic disorders -- Environmental and nutritional pathology -- Infectious and parasitic diseases -- Blood vessels -- The heart -- The respiratory system -- The gastrointestinal tract -- The liver and the gallbladder -- The pancreas -- The kidney -- The lower urinary tract and male reproductive tract -- The female reproductive tract -- The breast -- Hematophathology -- The endocrine system -- Diabetes mellitus -- Amyloidoses --The skin -- The head and neck -- Bones, joints, and soft tissue -- Skeletal muscle -- The nervous system -- The eye.
- Liquid chromatography--mass spectrometry.. 3rd ed. / 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry 2003, Wileych. 1 Introduction, p. 1-5 -- ch. 2 Liquid Chromatography, p. 7-31 -- ch. 3 Mass Spectrometry, p. 33-74 -- ch. 4 Interface Technology, p. 75-127 -- ch. 5 Applications of High Performance Liquid Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry, p. 129-234.
- Liquid culture systems for in vitro plant propagation 2005, Springer
- Listeria monocytogenes 2007, Springer
- Listeria, listeriosis, and food safety. 3rd ed. 2007, CRCnetBASEThe genus Listeria and Listeria monocytogenes: phylogenetic position, taxonomy, and identification / Jocelyn Rocourt and Carmen Buchrieser -- Ecology of Listeria species and L. monocytogenes in the natural environment / Brian D. Sauders and Martin Wiedmann -- Listeriosis in animals / Irene V. Wesley -- Listeriosis in humans / John Painter and Laurence Slutsker -- Molecular virulence determinants of Listeria monocytogenes / Michael Kuhn and Werner Goebel -- Characteristics of Listeria monocytogenes important to food processors / Beatrice H. Lado and Ahmed E. Yousef -- Conventional methods to detect and isolate Listeria monocytogenes / Catherine W. Donnelly and David G. Nyachuba -- Rapid methods for detection of Listeria / Byron F. Brehm-Stecher and Eric A. Johnson -- Subtyping Listeria monocytogenes / Lewis M. Graves, Bala Swaminathan, and Susan B. Hunter -- Foodborne listeriosis / Dawn M. Norton and Christopher R. Braden --Incidence and behavior of Listeria monocytogenes in unfermented dairy products / Elliot T. Ryser -- Incidence and behavior of Listeria monocytogenes in cheese and other fermented dairy products / Elliot T. Ryser -- Incidence and behavior of Listeria monocytogenes in meat products / Jeffrey M. Farber, Franco Pagotto, and Chris Scherf -- Incidence and behavior of Listeria monocytogenes in poultry and egg products / Elliot T. Ryser -- Incidence and behavior of Listeria monocytogenes in fish and seafood / Karen C. Jinneman, Marleen M. Wekell, and Mel W. Eklund -- Incidence and behavior of Listeria monocytogenes in products of plant origin / Robert E. Brackett -- Incidence and control of Listeria in food processing facilities / Jeffrey L. Kornacki and Joshua Gurtler -- Listeria: risk assessment, regulatory control, and economic impact / Ewen C.D. Todd -- Perspectives on research needs / Elmer H. Marth ... [et al.].
- Lists of doctors/hospitals abroad US Dept State
- Literary medicine 2013, KargerMadness in Blaise Cendrars' novels : Moravagine and company / Tatu, L., Bogousslavsky, J. -- Balzac's Louis Lambert : schizophrenia before Kraepelin and Bleuler / Dieguez, S. -- Hysteria in fin de sicle French novels / Walusinski, O. -- The Nadja case / Bogousslavsky, J. -- The Great neurosis of Dr. Joseph Gerard / Lefrère, J.-J., Rouillon, F. -- Psychopathic characters in fiction / Piechowski-Jozwiaka, B., Bougousslavsky J. -- Misidentifications in Pirandello's plays and short stories / Paciaroni, M., Kilcline, T. -- Doubles everywhere : literary contributions to the study of the bodily self / Dieguez, S. -- Van Gogh's disease in light of his correspondence / Voskuil, P.H.A. -- Migraine and methaphor / Haan, J. -- Stranger than fiction : literary and clinical amnesia / Dieguez, S., Annoni J.-M. -- Alcoholism between fiction and reality / Carota, A., Calabrese P. -- Protagonists with Parkinson's disease / Haan, J. -- Some movement disorders / Perkin, G.D. -- Epilepsy in Dostoevsky's novels / Voskuil, P.H.A. -- Theater in Professor Charcot's Galaxy / Poirier J., Philippon, J. -- Doctors in Balzac's work / Moulin T. -- Dotor Chekhov's doctors / Crommelynck I. -- Marcel Proust's fictional diseases and doctors / Bogousslavsky J.
- Little black book of neuropsychology 2011, Springer
- Little SAS book for Enterprise Guide 4.2 2010, ProQuest SafariTutorial A: Getting started with SAS Enterprise Guide -- Tutorial B: Creating reports -- Tutorial C: Working with data in the query builder -- Tutorial D: Joining two data tables together -- Ch. 1: SAS Enterprise Guide basics -- Ch. 2: Bringing data into a project -- Ch. 3: Changing the way data values are displayed -- Ch. 4: Modifying data using the query builder -- Ch. 5: Sorting and filtering data -- Ch. 6: Combining data tables -- Ch. 7: Producing simple list and summary reports -- Ch. 8: Producing complex reports in summary tables -- Ch. 9: Basic statistical analysis -- Ch. 10: Producing graphs -- Ch. 11: Changing result styles and formats -- Ch. 12: Adding flexibility with prompts and conditions.
- Little SAS book-- a primer. 3rd ed. 2003, books24x7, SUNet ID login required.
- Liver and biliary tract surgery 2006, Springer
- Liver and pancreatic diseases management 2006, Springer
- Liver anesthesiology and critical care medicine 2012, Springer
- Liver cancer 2009, Springer
- Liver immunology 2007, Springer
- Liver in biology and disease 2004, ScienceDirect
- Liver metastases 2009, Springer
- Liver metastasis 2011, Springer
- Liver MRI 2007, Springer
- Liver radioembolization with ⁹⁰Y microspheres 2008, Springer
- Liver transplantation 2009, Springer
- Living and dying in the USA 2000, ScienceDirectCh. 1. Introduction and overview -- Ch. 2. Data and methods -- Ch. 3. The Sex differential in mortality -- Ch. 4. Race/ethnicity, nativity, and adult mortality -- Ch. 5. Family composition and mortality -- Ch. 6. Religious attendance, social participation, and adult mortality -- Ch. 7. The Effects of basic socioeconomic factors on mortality -- Ch. 8. The Effect of occupational status on mortality -- Ch. 9. Health insurance coverage and mortality -- Ch. 10. Perceived health status and mortality -- Ch. 11. Functional limitations and mortality -- Ch. 12. Mental and addictive disorders and mortality -- Ch. 13. Cigarette smoking and mortality -- Ch. 14. Alcohol consumption and mortality -- Ch. 15. Exercise and mortality -- Ch. 16. The Influence of other health behaviors on mortality -- Ch. 17. Conclusion.
- Living with coronary disease 2007, Springer
- Living with HIV and dying with AIDS 2013, ebrary
- Lobotomist 2005September 1936 -- Rittenhouse Square -- The education of a lobotomist -- In the hospital wards -- A perfect partner -- Refining lobotomy -- The lines of battle -- Advance and retreat -- Waterfall -- Fame -- Road warrior -- Leaving home -- Decline -- Ghost.
- Lobotomy letters 2013, Click LINK above for location/circulation status."The rise and widespread acceptance of psychosurgery constitutes one of the most troubling chapters in the history of modern medicine. By the late 1950s, tens of thousands of Americans had been lobotomized as treatment for a host of psychiatric disorders. Though the procedure would later be decried as devastating and grossly unscientific, many patients, families, and physicians reported veritable improvement from the surgery; some patients were even considered cured. 'The Lobotomy Letters' gives an account of why this controversial procedure was sanctioned by psychiatrists and doctors of modern medicine. Drawing from original correspondence penned by lobotomy patients and their families as well as from the professional papers of lobotomy pioneer and neurologist Walter Freeman, the volume reconstructs how physicians, patients, and their families viewed lobotomy and analyzes the reasons for its overwhelming use." -- [Publisher-supplied data]
- Local cardiac renin angiotensin-aldosterone system 2006, Springer
- Local cardiac renin-angiotensin aldosterone system. 2nd ed. 2009, Springer
- Local immunotherapy in allergy 2003, Karger
- Local Mediterranean food plants and nutraceuticals 2006, KargerEthnobotany -- 'Local food-nutraceuticals': bridging the gap between local knowledge and global needs / Heinrich, M. ... [et al.] -- Gathered Mediterranean food plants: ethnobotanical investigations and historical development / Rivera, D. ... [et al.] -- Disseminating knowledge about 'local food plants' and 'local plant foods' / Rivera, D. ... [et al.] -- Biological activities of 'local foods' -- Plant foods and brain aging: a critical appraisal / Schaffer, S. ... [et al.] -- Local food and cardioprotection: the role of phytochemicals / Visioli, F. ... [et al.] -- A vegetable to meat consumption ratio as a relevant factor determining cancer preventive diet. The Mediterranean versus other European countries / Kapiszewska, M. -- Mediterranean diet as a nutrition education and dietary guide: misconceptions and the neglected role of locally consumed foods and wild green plants / Manios, Y. ... [et al.] -- Development of bioactive substances for functional foods: scientific and other aspects / Weber, P., Flühmann, B., Eggersdorfer, M.
- Localization in clinical neurology. 5th ed. 2007, OvidGeneral principles of neurologic localization -- Peripheral nerves -- Cervical, brachial, and lumbosacral plexi -- Spinal nerve and root -- Spinal cord -- Cranial nerve I (the olfactory nerve) -- Visual pathways -- The localization of lesions affecting the ocular motor system -- Cranial nerve V (the trigeminal nerve) -- Cranial nerve VII (the facial nerve) -- Cranial nerve VIII (the vestibulocochlear nerve) -- Cranial nerves IX and X (the glossopharyngeal and vagus nerves) -- Cranial nerve XI (the spinal accessory nerve) -- Cranial nerve XII (the hypoglossal nerve) -- Brainstem -- The cerebellum -- The localization of lesions affecting the hypothalamus and pituitary gland -- The anatomic localization of lesions in the thalamus -- Basal ganglia -- The localization of lesions affecting the cerebral hemispheres -- Vascular syndromes of the forebrain, brainstem, and cerebellum -- The localization of lesions causing coma.
- Localization in clinical neurology. 6th ed. 2011, OvidGeneral principles of neurologic localization -- Peripheral nerves -- Cervical, brachial, and lumbosacral plexi -- Spinal nerve and root -- Spinal cord -- Cranial nerve I (the olfactory nerve) -- Visual pathways -- Localization of lesions affecting the ocular motor system -- Cranial nerve V (the trigeminal nerve) -- Cranial nerve VII (the facial nerve) -- Cranial nerve VIII (the vestibulocochlear nerve) -- Cranial nerve IX and X (the glossopharyngeal and vagus nerves) -- Cranial nerve XI (the spinal accessory nerve) -- Cranial nerve XII (the hypoglossal nerve) -- Brainstem -- Cerebellum -- Localization of lesions affecting the hypothalamus and pituitary gland -- Anatomic localization of lesions in the thalamus -- Basal ganglia -- Localization of lesions affecting the cerebral hemispheres -- Localization of lesions in the autonomic nervous system -- Vascular syndromes of the forebrain, brainstem, and cerebellum -- Localization of lesions causing coma.
- LocusLink NLM
- London Lupus Centre, Book of lupus 2009, Springer
- Long acting injections and implants 2012, Springer
- Long non-coding RNAs 2011, SpringerTranscriptional and posttranscriptional programming by long noncoding RNAs / Radha Raman Pandey and Chandrasekhar Kanduri -- Long noncoding RNA as a regulator for transcription / Riki Kurokawa -- Long noncoding RNAs and X chromosome inactivation / Cristina Gontan, Iris Jonkers, and Joost Gribnau -- TERRA : long noncoding RNA at eukaryotic telomeres / Rajika Arora, Catherine M.C. Brun, and Claus M. Azzalin -- Transcription of satellite DNAs in mammals / Claire Vourc'h and Giuseppe Biamonti -- Multiple roles of Alu-related noncoding RNAs / Audrey Berger and Katharina Strub -- roX RNAs and genome regulation in Drosophila melanogaster / S. Kiran Koya and Victoria H. Meller -- Transcription of satellite DNAs in insects / Željka Pezer ... [et al.] -- Long nonprotein-coding RNAs in plants / Virginie Jouannet and Martin Crespi.
- Long term effects of stroke 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Long-term care medicine 2011, Springer
- The global burden of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Definition of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease / N.B. Pride. COPD: worldwide prevalence / A. Sonia Buist. Worldwide mortality for COPD / Jean-François Muir and Antoine Cuvelier. Risk factors for the development of COPD / Scott T. Weiss and Edwin K. Silverman. Risk factors for the progression of COPD / Huib A.M. Kerstjens and Dirkje S. Postma. Socioeconomic burden of COPD / Sean D. Sullivan, Todd A. Lee, and Sarika Ogale -- Pathogenic mechanisms in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Pathology of COPD / James C. Hogg. Inflammatory mechanisms / Robert A. Stockley. Defective repair in COPD: the American hypothesis / Stephen Rennard. Proteinases in COPD / Steven D. Shapiro. Oxidative stress and COPD / William W. MacNee and Irfan Rahman. Pathogenesis of infections in COPD patients / Muriel van Schilfgaarde ... [et al.] Extrapulmonary effects of COPD / Nicholas J. Gross -- Long-term intervention strategies. Smoking cessation / Philip Tønnesen. Anticholinergics / Michael Brunson and William C. Bailey. Long-acting beta-adrenoreceptor agonists for the treatment of COPD / Dirkje S. Postma and Klaus F. Rabe. The role of glucocorticosteroids in the management of COPD / Romain Pauwels. Antibiotics in COPD / Nikolaos Siafakas, Eleni Tzortzaki and M. Tsoumakidou. Long-term intervention studies: α1-antitrypsin substitution / Robert A. Stockley.Surgery and transplantation for COPD / John R. Pepper. New therapies for COPD / Peter J. Barnes.
- Long-term oxygen therapy 2012, Springer
- Longer life and healthy aging 2006, SpringerDisability and healthy life expectancy -- Individual healthy aging -- The family and healthy aging -- Community effects on healthy aging.
- Longevity and frailty 2005, Springer
- Longevity project 2011We have been told that the key to longevity involves obsessing over what we eat, how much we stress, and how fast we run. Based on the most extensive study of longevity ever conducted, "The Longevity Project" exposes what really impacts our lifespan--including friends, family, personality, and work.
- Longitudinal data analysis 2008, CRCnetBASE
- Lab-on-chips for cellomics .............
- — Learning C# 3.0. 1st ed. ...............
- Learning cardiac imaging ...............
- — Lifestyle medicine. 2nd ed. ............
- Ligand-macromolecular interactions in...
- — Longitudinal data analysis .............
- Looking at the unborn : ................
- — Lysosomes ..............................
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases