LAccess restricted to Stanford unless otherwise noted
- Lead molecules from natural products 2006, ScienceDirectReverse pharmacognosy : a new concept for accelerating natural drug discovery / Quoc-Tuan Do and Philippe Bernard -- Effects of plant extracts on gene expression profiling : from macroarrays to microarray technology / Carlo Mischiati, Alessia Sereni, Mahmud Tareq Hassan Khan, Ilaria Lampronti and Roberto Gambari -- Effects of medicinal plant extracts on molecular interactions between DNA and transcription factors / Ilaria Lampronti, Mahmud Tareq Hassan Khan, Nicoletta Bianchi, Giordana Feriotto, Carlo Mischiati, Monica Borgatti and Roberto Gambari -- Plants with antitumor properties : from biologically active molecules to drugs / Ilaria Lampronti, Mahmud Tareq Hassan Khan, Nicoletta Bianchi, Elisabetta Lambertini, Roberta Piva, Monica Borgatti and Roberto Gambari -- Herbal extracts and compounds active against herpes simplex virus / Kenneth D. Thompson -- Pharmacological modulation of cough reflex / Gabriela Nosalova, Juraj Mokry and Sona Franova -- Phytotherapy of cough / Sona Franova, Gabriela Nosalova and Juraj Mokry -- The medicinal potential of black seed (Nigella sativa) and its components / Hala Gali-Muhtasib, Nahed El-Najjar and Regine Schneider-Stock -- Cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitors from natural sources : recent advances and future prospects for cancer treatment / Hala Gali-Muhtasib -- Anticancer and medicinal properties of essential oil and extracts of East Mediterranean sage (salvia triloba) / Hala Gali-Muhtasib -- Marine organisms from Brazil as source of potential anticancer agents / Letícia Veras Costa-Lotufo, Cláudia Pessoa, Maria Elisabete A. Moraes, Adaíla Marta Paixão Almeida, Manoel Odorico de Moraes and Tito Monteiro da Cruz Lotufo -- Anticancer potential of Northeast Brazilian plants / Cláudia Pessoa, Letícia Veras Costa-Lotufo, Albert Leyva, Maria Elisabete Amaral de Moraes and Manoel Odorico de Moraes --Safety and efficacy of phytomedicines / Manoel Odorico de Moraes, Fernando Antônio Frota Bezerra, Letícia Veras Costa-Lotufo, Cláudia Pessoa and Maria Elisabete Amaral de Moraes -- Pharmacological and biochemical profiling of lead compounds from traditional remedies : the case of Croton cajucara / Maria Aparecida M. Maciel, Tereza Neuma C. Dantas, Janaína Keila P. Câmara, Angelo C. Pinto, Valdir F. Veiga Jr., Carlos R. Kaiser, Nuno A. Pereira, Cristina M.T.S. Carneiro, Frederico A. Vanderlinde, Antônio J. Lapa, Aniele R. Agner, Ilce M.S. Cólus, Juliana Echevarria-Lima, Noema F. Grynberg, Andressa Esteves-Souza, Kenia Pissinate and Aurea Echevarria -- Antihypertensive peptides from natural resources / Toshiro Matsui and Kiyoshi Matsumoto -- Xanthones as therapeutic agents : chemistry and pharmacology / Noungoue Tchamo Diderot, Ngouela Silvere and Tsamo Etienne -- Inhibition of immunodeficiency type-1 virus (HIV-1) life cycle by medicinal plant extracts and plant-derived compounds / Roberto Gambari and Ilaria Lampronti -- Anticancer properties of saffron, Crocus sativus Linn. / José-Antonio Fernández -- Lead compounds and drug candidates from some Turkish plants for human health / İlkay Orhan and Bilge Şener -- Molecular design of multifunctional anti-Salmonella agents based on natural products / Isao Kubo, Ken-ichi Fujita, Ken-ichi Nihei and Aya Kubo -- Plant growth inhibitory activities by secondary metabolites isolated from Latin American flora / Carlos L Céspedes, Juan C Marín, Mariana Domínguez, J Guillermo Avila and Blanca Serrato -- Metabolomics : systematic studies of the metabolic profiling / Mahmud Tareq Hassan Khan and Arjumand Ather.
- Leadership in healthcare 2009, Springer
- Leading pharmaceutical innovation. 2nd ed. 2008, Springer
- Leading the way-- a history of Johns Hopkins Medicine SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Print Material1889-1939 : the first fifty years -- 1940-1988 : Hopkins Medicine moves into the modern era -- 1989-1993 : celebrations and changing of the guard -- 1994 -1998 : overcoming turmoil and addressing challenges -- 1999-2003 : tested to the limit, surmounting crises -- 2001-2011 : creating a new Johns Hopkins Medicine.
- Lean brain management 2008, SpringerLean brain : the greatest challenge of the future -- On the way to LBQ -- The automatic control of a lean brain system -- Inhibitors of LBQ and counteractive measures -- Stereotypical activity in the blood! -- Suggestions for concrete transformations of the world -- The metaphysics of lean brain thought -- Musoleum Germany -- Brain rest.
- Lean thinking for healthcare 2014, SpringerA growing, aging population; the rise to epidemic proportions of various chronic diseases; competing, often overlapping medical technologies; and of course, skyrocketing costs compounded by waste and inefficiency - these are just a few of the multifarious challenges currently facing healthcare delivery. An unexpected source of solutions is being imported from the manufacturing sector: lean thinking. "Lean Principles for Healthcare" presents a conceptual framework, management principles, and practical tools for professionals tasked with designing and implementing modern, streamlined healthcare systems or overhauling faulty ones. Focusing on core components such as knowledge management, e-health, patient-centeredness, and collaborative care, chapters illustrate lean concepts in action across specialties (as diverse as nursing, urology, and emergency care) and around the globe. Extended case examples show health systems responding to consumer needs and provider realities with equal efficiency and effectiveness, and improved quality and patient outcomes. Further, contributors tackle the gamut of technological, medical, cultural, and business issues.
- Print Material
- Learning abdominal imaging 2012, SpringerThis book is an ideal introduction to the use of radiology in imaging diseases of the liver, gallbladder and biliary system, pancreas, spleen, and gastrointestinal tract. Each of the ten chapters is devoted to a particular organ and contains ten illustrated case reports drawn from clinical practice. Common clinical situations and indications for imaging are reviewed, and clear descriptions are provided of the various imaging techniques that will assist in resolving diagnostic and therapeutic dilemmas. This book is recommended for medical students, residents, and inexperienced abdominal radiologists.
- Learning about learning disabilities. 3rd ed. 2004, ScienceDirect
- Learning and teaching on the World Wide Web 2001, ScienceDirect
- Learning basic genetics with interactive computer programs 2014, SpringerLearning Basic Genetics with Interactive Computer Programs is a comprehensive and interactive learning program that focuses on chromosome simulation and model building. It is intended to assist students in learning more about genetics with ease. The 11 modules of this program form an integrated system for learning the basic concepts of genetics. The program innovation lies in its unique content design that incorporates cognitive feedback and experiential learning through the novel use of interactive applications. Each of the modules is designed to enhance learning by simultaneously employing "eyes-on," "minds-on," and "hands-on" activities. Topics are motivated by questions, information is presented in simple terms, and concepts are clarified by interactive prompts. Used as a supplement to traditional lectures and textbook assignments, the program not only serves as a foundation upon which to build more complex and detailed topics, but as a tutor to clarify and guide when there is confusion. The software that accompanies this book has been shown to be an ideal tool for learning about genetics, which requires a combination of understanding, conceptualization, and practical experience.
- Learning C# 3.0. 1st ed. SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Print Material
- Learning cardiac imaging 2010, Springer
- Learning chest imaging 2013, SpringerPleural and Pleural Space -- Diaphragm -- Mediastinum and Pulmonary Circulation -- Air Space and Bronchi - I -- Air Space and Bronchi - II -- Trachea and Airway -- Heart and Great Vessels -- Chest Wall and Soft Tissues -- Pulmonary Interstitium -- Medical Device and Monitoring of the Chest.
- Learning diagnostic imaging 2008, Springer
- Learning from SARS 2004, NAP
- Learning genitourinary and pelvic imaging 2012, SpringerThis introduction to genitourinary and pelvic radiology is a further volume in the Learning Imaging series. Written in a case-based format, the book is subdivided into ten chapters: kidney; adrenal gland; urinary bladder, collecting system and urethra; prostate and seminal vesicles; scrotum; obstetrics; uterus; cervix and vagina; adnexa and retroperitoneum. Genitourinary radiology has undergone a tremendous change owing to advances in ultrasound, CT and MRI that have redefined our understanding of genitourinary and pelvic pathology. Each chapter includes an introduction and ten case studies with illustrations and comments from anatomical, physiopathological and radiological standpoints and with bibliographic recommendations. Learning Genitourinary and Pelvic Imaging will be of value for radiologists, radiology residents, medical students and anybody else working in genitourinary and pelvic pathology.Learning Imaging is a unique case-based series for those in professional education in general and for physicians in particular.
- Learning musculoskeletal imaging 2010, Springer
- Learning MySQL 2006, ProQuest Safari
- Learning neuroimaging 2012, Springer
- Learning pediatric imaging 2011, SpringerTumoral neurology [cases]: Pilocytic astrocytoma -- Pilomyxoid astrocytoma -- Ependymoma -- Infrequent presentation of medulloblastoma -- Brainstem tumors -- Choroid plexus tumors -- Atypical teratoid/rhabdoid tumor of the CNS -- Glioblastoma -- Rhabdomyosarcoma -- Pineoblastoma -- Tumoral and non-tumoral neurology [cases]: Nasal chondromesenchymal hamartoma -- Pleomorphic xanthoastrocytoma -- Desmoplastic infantile ganglioglioma -- Dysembryoplastic neuroepithelial tumor of the pellucidum (DNET SP) -- CNS langerhans cell histiocytosis -- Hemangioma of infancy -- Vascular lesion of the face -- Retinoblastoma -- Tuberous sclerosis -- Neurofibromatosis type 1 -- Non-tumoral neurology [cases]: Acute disseminated encephalomyelitis -- Multiple sclerosis -- Posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome -- Focal cortical dysplasia -- CNS takayasu arteritis -- Premamilar ventriculostomy -- Bilateral cystic microphthalmia (Bilateral cystic eye) -- Tuberculous meningitis -- Spinal epidural abscess -- Mitochondrial myopathy, encephalopathy, lactic acidosis, and stoke (MELAS) syndrome -- Thorax [cases]: Parapneumonic pleural effusion -- Primary pulmonary tuberculosis -- Viral infections -- Pulmonary aspergillosis -- Cystic fibrosis -- Cystic pleuropulmonary blastoma -- Endobronchial tumor: mucoepidermoid carcinoma -- Pulmonary artery sling -- Partial anomalous pulmonary venous return -- Coarctation of the aorta -- Non-tumoral abdomen [cases]: Intussusception -- Hypertrophic pyloric stenosis -- Mesenteric lymphadenopathy in children -- Acute appendiciis -- Inflammatory bowel disease -- Pancreatic trauma -- Focal nodular hyperplasia -- Ascariasis -- Congenital imperforate hymen with hydrocolpos -- Intrauterine spermatic cord torsion -- Tumoral abdomen [cases]: Neuroblastoma -- Hepatoblastoma -- Infantile hemangioendothelioma of the liver -- Endodermal sinus tumors (Yolk sac tumors) -- Adrenocortical tumors -- Hodgkin's lymphoma -- Non-Hodgkin lymphoma -- Hepatosplenic candidiasis in acute lymphoblastic leukemia -- Cystic testicular teratoma -- Ovarian tumor (Yolk sac tumor) -- Genitourinary [cases]: Wilms' tumor -- Fetal rhabdomyomatous nephroblastoma -- Mesoblastic nephroma -- Malignant rhabdoid tumor of the kidney -- Megacystis-microcolon-intestinal hypoperistalsis -- Ossifying renal tumor of infancy -- Xanthogranulomatous pyelonephritis -- Ureteral duplications -- Renal trauma -- Renal candidiasis -- Musculoskeletal [cases]: Legg-calve-perthes disease -- Perisciatic pyomyositis -- Chronic recurrent multifocal osteomyelitis -- Spondylodiscitis -- Septic arthritis of the hip -- Lipoblastoma -- Osteosarcoma -- Ewing's sarcoma -- Lumbar Ewing's sarcoma -- Granulocytic sarcoma -- Neonatal [cases]: Surfactant deficiency disease -- Bronchogenic cyst -- Localized persistent pulmonary interstitial emphysema -- Posthemorrhagic hydrocephalus in the preterm infant -- Hypoxoic-ischemic encephalopathy -- Cerebral sinovenous thrombosis in neonates -- Disseminated cerebral candidiasis in preterm infants -- Necrotizing enterocolitis -- Midgut volvulus -- Portal calcification seondary to umbilical vein catheterization -- Fetal [cases]: Fetal open-lip schizencephaly -- Classic lissencephaly -- Fetal thyrocervical teratoma -- Congenital cystic andemoatoid malformation, type II -- Congenital diaphragmatic hernia -- Multicystic dysplasia of the kidney -- Fetal posterior urethral valves -- Fetal jejunal atresia -- Prune belly syndrome (Eagle-Barrett syndrome) -- Gastroschisis.
- Learning Perl. 5th ed. 2008, ProQuest Safari
- Learning PHP & MySQL. 2nd ed. 2007, ProQuest Safari
- Print Material
- Learning Python. 3rd ed. 2007, ProQuest Safari
- Learning radiology. 2nd ed. 2012, ClinicalKey
- Learning Rails. 1st ed. SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Print Material
- Learning Ruby 2007, ProQuest Safari
- Learning SQL 2005, ProQuest Safari
- Learning surgery 2004, Springer
- Learning the bash shell. 3rd ed. 2005, ProQuest Safari
- Learning the Korn Shell. 2nd ed. 2002, ProQuest Safari
- Learning the UNIX operating system. 5th ed. / 2002, ProQuest Safari
- Learning to learn 2010Print MaterialPassing on the Stead legacy / Andrew G. Wallace -- The patient is the focus of doctoring / Francis A. Neelon -- Learning is a community affair / E. Harvey Estes -- We learn most when we ourselves teach / Earl N. Metz -- Thinking trumps memorization : the lesson on attending rounds? / Joseph C. Greenfield, Jr. -- Brain sorting in the 21st century / Galen S. Wagner -- Teachers of medicine and their students / Harold R. Silberman -- Summing up the symposium / Francis A. Neelon, E. Harvey Estes, Andrew G. Wallace.
- Learning ultrasound imaging 2012, SpringerAbdominal ultrasound / Carlos Nicolau, Pedro Seguí, Jose Luís del Cura, Blanca Paño -- Woman's imaging / Jose Luís del Cura, Pedro Seguí, Rosa Zabala, Martín Velasco -- Musculoskeletal ultrasound / Angel Bueno, Jose Martel, Ana Sanz -- Small parts / Pedro Seguí, Elena Elizagaray, Carlos Nicolau -- Thorax / Rosa Zabala, Jose Luís del Cura -- Pediatrics / Fermín Sáez, Elena Elizagaray, José Martel -- Vascular / Blanca Paño, Pedro Seguí -- Contrast ultrasound / Teresa Fontanilla, Carlos Nicolau, Javier Minaya -- Interventional ultrasound / Jose Luís del Cura, Rosa Zabala, Igone Korta.
- Learning UNIX for Mac OS X Panther 2004, ProQuest Safari
- Learning vascular and interventional radiology 2010, SpringerThis book is an introduction to interventional radiology. Written in a case-based format, the book is subdivided into ten chapters made up of ten vascular and non-vascular interventional radiology cases. Each case contains illustrations and legends describing the imaging findings and technical details of each intervention, comments from anatomical, physiopathological and radiological standpoints, as well as a description of the interventional procedure and the required interventional devices. The book is aimed at vascular and non-vascular interventional radiologists, vascular surgeons, radiology.
- Learning Visual Basic .NET 2003, ProQuest SafariVisual Basic.NET and .NET programming --Getting started with VB.NET --Object-oriented programming --Visual studio .NET --VB.NET language fundamentals --Branching --Operators --Classes and objects --Inside methods --Basic debugging --Inheritance and polymorphism --Structures --Interfaces --Arrays --Collection interfaces and types --Strings --Throwing and catching exceptions -Applications and events --Afterword.
- Learning XML. 2nd ed. 2003, ProQuest Safari
- Learning XNA 3.0. 1st ed. SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Print Material
- Learning XSLT ProQuest Safari
- "In Diseases of the Ear, Nose and Throat Lecture Notes, 11th edition you will find everything on the topic that could crop up in a clinic or teaching session. This little gem of a book is clearly laid out with colour photographs and illustrations, is broken down into intuitive chapters and sections, and contains treatment boxes, all of which help those key concepts stick"--Provided by publisher.
- Print MaterialNormal haemoglobin, blood cells, and haemopoiesis -- Anaemia and polycythaemia : general considerations -- Haemolytic anaemias -- Iron metabolism, iron-deficiency anaemia and other hypochromic microcytic anaemias -- Macrocytosis and macrocytic anaemia -- Conditions causing white cell abnormalities -- Structure and function of lymphoid tissue -- Lymphomas - general principles -- Classification of lymphoma -- Hodgkin's lymphoma and some of the commoner clinical entities of non-Hodgkin's lymphomas including acute lymphoblastic leukaemia and chronic lymphocytic leukaemia -- Myeloma and other paraproteinaemias -- Neoplastic disorders of myeloid cells -- Bone marrow transplantation -- Aplastic anaemia and pure red cell aplasia -- Blood transfusion and haemolytic disease of the newborn -- Haemostasis, abnormal bleeding and anticoagulant therapy.
- Print MaterialGeneral topics -- System-based infections -- Multisystem infections -- Infection in special groups, zoonoses, tropical diseases and helminths.
- Print MaterialTaking a cardiovascular history -- Examination of the cardiovascular system -- The electrocardiogram -- Imaging -- Hypertension -- Coronary heart disease -- Thrombosis in cardiovascular disease -- The myocardium -- Heart failure -- Valvular heart disease -- The endocardium -- The pericardium -- Electrophysiology -- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation -- Diseases of the aorta -- Pulmonary hypertension and pulmonary thromboembolism -- Pregnancy and the heart -- Congenital heart disease -- Heart disease in the elderly -- Cardiac tumours -- Surgery and anaesthesia -- Cardiology, the law and occupation.
- Print MaterialAnaesthetic assessment and preparation for surgery -- Anaesthesia -- Postanaesthesia care -- Management of perioperative emergencies and cardiac arrest -- Recognition and management of the critically ill patient -- Anaesthetists and chronic pain.
- Print MaterialAssessment and preparation for surgery -- The principles of anaesthesia -- The practice of anaesthesia -- Postanaesthesia care -- Recognition and management of the acutely ill patient on the ward -- Management of the critically ill patient.
- Print MaterialRequesting and interpreting tests -- Disturbances of water, sodium and potassium balance -- Acid-base balance and oxygen transport -- Renal disease -- Disorders of calcium, phosphate and magnesium metabolism -- Trauma, inflammation, immunity and malignancy -- Liver disease -- Gastrointestinal tract disease -- Nutrition -- Diabetes mellitus and hypoglycaemia -- Cardiovascular disorders -- Disorders of iron and porphyrin metabolism -- Uric acid, gout and purine metabolism -- Disorders of the hypothalamus and pituitary -- Abnormalities of thyroid function -- Disorders of the adrenal cortex and medulla -- Investigation of gonadal function, infertility, menstrual irregularities and hirsutism -- Pregnancy and antenatal screening -- Clinical biochemistry in paediatrics and geriatrics -- Central nervous system and cerebrospinal fluid -- Therapeutic drug monitoring and chemical toxicology.
- Print MaterialStructure and function of the skin, hair and nails -- Approach to the diagnosis of dermatological disease -- Bacterial and viral infections -- Fungal infections -- Ectoparasite infections -- Acne, acneiform eruptions and rosacea -- Eczema -- Psoriasis -- Benign and malignant skin tumours -- Naevi -- Inherited disorders -- Pigmentary disorders -- Disorders of the hair and nails -- Bullous disorders -- Miscellaneous erythematous and papulosquamous disorders and light-induced skin diseases -- Vascular disorders -- Connective tissue disorders -- Pruritus -- Systemic disease and the skin -- Skin and the psyche -- Cutaneous drug reactions -- Treatment of skin disease.
- Print Material
- Print MaterialThe principles of emergency medicine -- Major trauma and multiple injuries -- Head injuries -- The neck and the back -- Facial injuries -- Injuries to the trunk -- The lower limb -- The upper limb -- The hand -- Burns -- Cardiac arrest and cardiac dysrhythmias -- Chest pain -- Respiratory distress -- Collapse and sudden illness - Poisoning -- Abdominal pain -- Obstetric, gynaecological, genitourinary and perineal problems - Children's problems in the emergency department -- The disturbed patient -- Medicolegal aspects of emergency medicine -- Small wounds and localized infections -- Ophthalmic, ENT and facial conditions.
- Print MaterialEpidemiology -- Prevention and control of disease -- Health services.
- Print MaterialNormal haemoglobin, blood cells, and haemopoiesis -- Anaemia and polycythaemia: general considerations -- Haemolytic anaemias -- Iron metabolism, iron deficiency anaemia, other hypochromic microcytic anaemias, and iron overload -- Macrocytosis and macrocytic anaemia -- Conditions causing white cell abnormalities -- Structure and function of lymphoid tissue -- Lymphomas: general principles -- Classification of lymphoma -- Hodgkin's lymphoma and some of the commoner clinical entities of non-Hodgkin's lymphomas, including ALL and CLL -- Myeloma and other paraproteinaemias -- Neoplastic disorders of myeloid cells -- Bone marrow transplantation -- Aplastic anaemia and pure red cell aplasia -- Haemostasis, abnormal bleeding, and anticoagulant therapy -- Blood transfusion and haemolytic disease of the newborn -- Basic haematological techniques and reference ranges.
- Print MaterialCell physiology -- Cellular communication -- Introduction to the nervous system -- Signalling in the nervous system -- Muscle -- Sensory systems -- Special senses -- Motor system -- Higher nervous functions -- Pain -- Endocrine system -- Reproduction -- Blood -- Introduction to the cardiovascular system -- Cardiovascular system--the heart -- Vascular system -- Cardiovascular regulation, regional circulation and circulatory adjustments -- Respiration -- Digestive system -- Kidney -- Fluid and electrolyte balance -- Energy metabolism -- Temperature regulation -- Exercise.
- Print Material
- Print MaterialBasic bacteriology : structure -- Basic bacteriology : physiology -- Basic bacteriology : genetics -- Classification of bacteria -- Staphylococci -- Streptococci and enterococcci -- Clostridia -- Other gram-positive bacteria -- Gram-negative cocci -- Enterobacteriaceae -- Parvobacteri -- Pseudomonas and other aerobic gram-negative bacilli -- Campylobacter, helicobacter, and vibrios -- Treponema, borrelia, and leptospira -- Gram-negative anaerobic bacteria -- Mycobacteria --Chlamydiae, rickettsiaceae, mycoplasma -- Basic virology -- Major virus groups -- Basic mycology and classification of fungi -- Parasitology : protozoa -- Parasitology : metazoa (helminths) -- Host-parasite relationships -- Diagnostic laboratory methods -- Epidemiology and prevention of infection -- Management of infections -- Immunisation -- Sterilisation and disinfection -- Antibacterial agents -- Antifungal agents -- Antiviral agents -- Upper respiratory tract infections --Lower respiratory tract infections -- Gastrointestinal infections -- Liver and biliary tract infections -- Urinary tract infections -- Genital infections (including sexually transmitted diseases) -- Infections of central nervous system -- Septicaemia and bacteraemia -- Device-related infections -- Drug-resistant microorganisms -- Cardiovascular infections -- Bone and joint infections -- Skin and soft-tissue infections -- Infections in the compromised host -- Perinatal and congenital infections -- Human immunodeficiency viruses -- Miscellaneous viral infections.
- Print MaterialNeurological history-taking -- Consciousness -- Cognitive function -- Vision and other cranial nerves -- Motor function -- Sensation -- Autonomic function -- Investigating the patient -- -- Headache and facial pain -- Epilepsy -- Stroke -- Parkinson's disease and other movement disorders -- Neurosurgical topics: head injury and brain tumour -- Neurological infections -- Spinal conditions -- Multiple sclerosis -- Nerve and muscle -- Development and degeneration -- Neurology and other medical specialties -- Neurological emergencies -- Neurorehabilitation.
- Print MaterialNeurological history-taking -- Consciousness -- Cognitive function -- Vision and other cranial nerves -- Motor function -- Sensation -- Autonomic function -- Investigating the patient -- Headache and facial pain -- Epilepsy -- Stroke -- Parkinson's disease and other movement disorders -- Neurosurgical topics : head injury and brain tumour -- Neurological infections -- Spinal conditions -- Multiple sclerosis -- Nerve and muscle -- Development and degeneration -- Neurology and other medical specialties -- Neurological emergencies -- Neurorehabilitation.
- Print Material
- Print MaterialBasic science -- The woman as a patient -- Puberty and menstrual problems of young women -- Subfertility -- Pregnancy prevention -- Benign diseases, genital tract infections and sexual problems -- The mother and fetus in pregnancy -- Bleeding in pregnancy -- The antenatal period -- Diseases of pregnancy -- Diseases in pregnancy -- Normal labour -- Abnormal labour -- Puerperium -- The newborn -- Abnormal vaginal blood loss -- Pelvic pain -- Breast disease -- Screening for gynaecological cancer -- Malignant gynaecological conditions -- The menopause -- Pelvic floor disorders -- Statistics of reproductive medicine.
- Print MaterialAnatomy -- History and examination -- Clinical optics -- The orbit -- The eyelids -- The lacrimal system -- Conjuctiva, cornea and sclera -- The lens and cataract -- Uveitis -- Glaucoma -- Retina and choroid -- Retinal vascular disease --The pupil and its responses -- The visual pathway -- Eye movements and their disorders -- Trauma -- Tropical ophthalmology : eye diseases in the developing world -- Symptoms of eye disease -- Services for the visually handicapped -- Clinical cases -- Useful references.
- Print MaterialMusculoskeletal structures and function -- Soft tissue injuries and healing -- Nerve injuries and repair -- Fractures and healing -- Fractures : principles of management -- Complications of fractures -- Major trauma -- Congenital malformations -- Generalised orthopaedic conditions -- Inflammatory conditions -- Degenerative conditions -- Neoplastic conditions of bone and soft tissue -- Infections -- Metabolic diseases of bone -- Examination of the musculoskeletal system -- The forearm, wrist, and hand -- The elbow -- The shoulder and upper arm -- The spine -- The pelvis -- The hip and thigh -- The knee and lower leg -- The foot and ankle -- Orthopaedic techniques.
- Print Material
- Print MaterialRespiratory tract -- Cardiovascular system -- Gastrointestinal tract -- Liver and pancreas -- Urinary tract -- Skeletal system -- Skeletal trauma -- Paediatrics -- Obstetrics and gynaecology -- Neuroradiology -- Specific radiological investigations -- Film-viewing hints.
- Print MaterialRespiratory tract -- Cardiovascular system -- Gastrointestinal tract -- Liver and pancreas -- Urinary tract -- Musculoskeletal system -- Trauma -- Paediatrics -- Obstetrics and gynaecology -- Neuroradiology -- Specific radiological investigations -- Film-viewing hints.
- Lee's ophthalmic histopathology. Third edition. 2014, SpringerCompletely revised and updated, this well-illustrated and practically-oriented text has retained its general layout and style and division into specimen-type based chapters. The visual image remains key to explaining the pathological processes and this is facilitated by full colour photography throughout the text. The book emphasizes pertinent recent advances which augment the morphological study of disease. There is updated information on clinically important aspects, immunohistochemistry, tumour cytogenetics and molecular biology. Illustrations include macro specimens, microscopic specimens and illustrations of additional techniques - immunohistochemistry, molecular analyses and electron microscopy - to help both the pathologist and ophthalmologist understand the process that a specimen must go through prior to producing a report and how these various techniques help to refine the diagnosis. The third edition of Lee's Ophthalmic Histopathology is an invaluable reference source for ophthalmic pathologists, general pathologists and ophthalmologists.
- Left main coronary artery disease 2009, Springer
- Left-right asymmetry in vertebrate development 2007, Springer
- Legacy for living systems 2008, SpringerIntroduction: Bateson the precursor /Jesper Hoffmeyer --Angels fear revisited: Gregory Bateson's cybernetic theory of mind applied to religion-science debates /Mary Catherine Bateson --From thing to relation. On Bateson's bioanthropology /Jesper Hoffmeyer --What connects the map to the territory? /Tyrone Cashman --The pattern which connects pleroma to creatura: the autocell bridge from physics to life /Terrence Deacon and Jeremy Sherman --Bateson's method: double description. What is it? How does it work? What do we learn? /Julie Hui, Tyrone Cashman, and Terrence Deacon --Gregory Bateson's relevance to current molecular biology /Luis Emilio Bruni --Process ecology: creatura at large in an open universe /Robert E. Ulanowicz --Connections in action - bridging implicit and explicit domains /Teresa S.S. Shilhab and Christian Gerlach --Bateson: biology with meaning /Brian Goodwin --Gregory Bateson's "uncovery" of ecological aesthetics /Peter Harries-Jones --Collapsing the wave function of meaning: the epistemological matrix of talk-in-interaction /Donald Favareau --Re-enchanting evolution: transcending fundamentalisms through a mythopoetic epistemology /Gregory Mengel --Bateson and Peirce on the pattern that connects and the sacred /Søren Brier --Bateson, Peirce and the sign of the sacred /Deborah Eicher-Catt.
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Legionella pneumophila 2008, Springer
- Leibel and Phillips Textbook of radiation oncology. 3rd ed. 2010, ClinicalKeySection I. Radiation biology and physics -- Section II. Imaging -- Section III. Radiation oncology -- Part 1. Central nervous system -- Part 2. Head and neck tumors -- Part 3. Tumors of the thorax -- Part 4. Gastrointestinal tumors -- Part 5. Urologic tumors -- Part 6. Gynecologic tumors -- Part 7. Pediatric tumors -- Part 8. Cancer of the breast -- Part 9. Adult sarcomas -- Part 10. Lymphomas -- Part 11. Ocular cancer -- Part 12. Skin cancer -- Part 13. Benign disease -- Section IV. Emerging radiation modalities.
- Lemurs 2006, SpringerLemur origins, history of ecological studies on lemurs, and the ecology of the recently extinct (subfossil) lemurs --Origin of the Malagasy strepsirhine primates /Ian Tattersall --Notes on the history of ecological studies of Malagasy lemurs /Alison Jolly and R.W. Sussman --Ecology and extinction of Madagascar's subfossil lemurs /Laurie R. Godfrey, William L. Jungers, and Gary T. Schwartz --The evolution of lemur traits, basic and unusual patterns --Impact of ecology on the teeth of extant lemurs :a review of dental adaptations, function, and life history /Frank P. Cuozzo and Nayuta Yamashita --Big is beautiful :fat storage and hibernation as a strategy to cope with marked seasonality in the fat-tailed dwarf lemur (Cheirogaleus medius) /Joanna Fietz and K.H. Dausmann --Polyspecific associations of crowned lemurs and Sanford's lemurs in Madagascar /Benjamin Z. Freed --Cathemerality in lemurs /Deborah J. Curtis --Adaptations in the aye-aye :a review /Eleanor J. Sterling and Erin E. McCreless --Connecting ecology and adaptation : summaries and new studies --Evolutionary divergence in the brown lemur species complex /Steig E. Johnson --Ecological diversity and seasonal adaptations of mouse lemurs (Microcebus spp.) /Ute Radespiel --Social pair-bonding and resource defense in wild red-bellied lemurs (Eulemur rubriventer) /Deborah J. Overdorff and Stacey R. Tecot --Lemur catta ecology :what we know and what we need to know /Lisa Gould --Impact of seasonality and reproduction on social structure, ranging patterns, and fission-fusion social organization in red ruffed lemurs /Natalie Vasey --Ecologically enigmatic lemurs :the sifakas of the eastern forests (Propithecus candidus, P. diadema, P. edwardsi, P. perrieri, P. tattersalli) /Mitchell T. Irwin --Behavioral and ecological adaptations in two small folivorous lemurs with different social organization :Avahi and Lepilemur /Urs Thalmann --The feeding ecology and related adaptations of Indri indri /Joyce A. Powzyk and Christopher B. Mowry --Behavior and ecology of gentle lemurs (genus Hapalemur) /Chia L. Tan --Lemur adaptations to a changing environment, natural and anthropogenic stress --Considering climate change effects in lemur ecology and conservation /Patricia C. Wright --Diet composition, foraging, and feeding behavior in relation to habitat disturbance :implications for the adaptability of ruffed lemurs (Varecia variegata editorium) in Manombo Forest, Madagascar /Jonah Ratsimbazafy --Overview on the health and disease ecology of wild lemurs :conservation implications /Randall E. Junge and Michelle L. Sauther
- Lens and glaucoma 2008, ClinicalKeyCongenital abnormalities -- Developmental defects -- Involutional changes -- Trauma -- Open angle glaucoma -- Closed angle glaucoma -- Pediatric glaucoma.
- Lentil 2007, Springer
- Lentiviral vectors and gene therapy 2012, SpringerAnnotation Gene therapy was conceived during the early and mid part of the 20th century. At first, it was considered a revolutionary biomedical procedure, which could potentially cure any disease for which the molecular bases were understood. Since then, gene therapy has gone through many stages and has evolved from a nearly unrealistic perspective to a real life application. Clinical efficacy in humans was demonstrated at the beginning of this century after its successful application in small-scale clinical trials to cure severe immunodeficiency in children. However, their successes were overshadowed some time later by the occurrence of vector-related leukaemia in a number of treated children. It is in this context that lentiviral vectors have appeared, with improved efficiency and, possibly, increased biosafety. Very recently, the first clinical trials with lentivectors have been carried out with some success. This Brief firstly defines gene therapy, and places lentivectors within this fascinating therapeutic strategy. Then follows a comprehensive description of the development of retroviral and lentiviral vectors and how to specifically target distinct cell types and tissues. The authors also discuss the application of lentivector gene therapy for the treatment of cancer and autoimmune diseases, ending with the application of lentivectors in human gene therapy clinical trials.
- Lentivirus gene engineering protocols 2003, Springer Protocols
- Leprosy and empire 2006Print Material
- Leprosy in China 2009, Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Print Material"Angela Ki Che Leung's meticulous study begins with the classical annals of the imperial era, which contain the first descriptions of a feared and stigmatized disorder modern researchers now identify as leprosy. She then tracks the relationship between the disease and China's social and political spheres (theories of contagion prompted community and statewide efforts at segregation); religious traditions (Buddhism and Daoism ascribed redemptive meaning to those suffering from the disease), and evolving medical discourse (Chinese doctors have contested the disease's etiology for centuries). Leprosy even pops up in Chinese folklore, attributing the spread of the contagion to contact with immoral women." "Leung next places the history of leprosy into a global context of colonialism, racial politics, and "imperial danger." A perceived global pandemic in the late nineteenth century seemed to confirm Westerners' fears that Chinese immigration threatened public health. Therefore battling to contain, if not eliminate, the disease became a central mission of the modernizing, state-building projects of the late Qing empire, the nationalist government of the first half of the twentieth century, and the People's Republic of China." "Stamping out the curse of leprosy was the first step toward achieving "hygienic modernity" and erasing the cultural and economic backwardness associated with the disease. Leung's final move connects China's experience with leprosy to a larger history of public health and biomedical regimes of power, exploring the cultural and political implications of China's Sino-Western approach to the disease."--Jacket.
- Leprosy-- a practical guide 2012, SpringerPart 1.GENERAL SECTION /History and Phylogeography of Leprosy /Stewart T. Cole and Pushpendra Singh --Microbiology /Andrea Clapasson and Silvia Canata --Genetics of Leprosy /Vinicius Medeiros Fava and Marcelo Távora Mira --Host Response to M. leprae /Rodrigo Ribeiro-Rodrigues --Pathogenesis /Cesare Massone and Enrico Nunzi --Classification /Cesare Massone and Alexandra M. G. Brunasso --Part 2.PATIENT'S EXAMINATION --Patient History /Enrico Nunzi, Cesare Massone and Salvatore Noto --Laboratory Investigations /Andrea Clapasson and Silvia Canata --Part 3.SKIN --Physical Examination: Skin /Enrico Nunzi, Cesare Massone and Salvatore Noto --Clinical Features /Enrico Nunzi, Cesare Massone and Salvatore Noto --Lucio-Latapí Leprosy /Mario Magaña --Histopathology of the Skin /Cesare Massone --Differential Diagnosis: Skin /Enrico Nunzi and Salvatore Noto --Part 4.NERVES --Peripheral Nerves in Leprosy /Bernard Naafs and José Antônio Garbino --The Leprosy Neuropathy /Lizia Reni, Salvatore Noto and Pieter A. M. Schreuder --Primary Neural Leprosy /José Antônio Garbino and Bernard Naafs --Chronic Neuropathic Pain in Leprosy /José Antônio Garbino, Bernard Naafs and Pedro Schestatsky --Electrodiagnostic Studies /Lizia Reni --Imaging /Carlo Martinoli, Leila Oppezzi and Alberto Tagliafico --Differential Diagnosis: Nerves /Lizia Reni --Part 5.Reactions in Leprosy /Reactions in Leprosy /Bernard Naafs and Salvatore Noto --Lucio's Phenomenon /Mario Magaña --Part 6.SYSTEMIC INVOLVEMENT --Ocular Involvement in Leprosy /Susan Lewallen and Paul Courtright --Otolaryngological Manifestations of Leprosy /Sinésio Talhari, Camila Bandeira de Oliveira and Carolina Talhari --Other Organs /Enrico Nunzi and Salvatore Noto --Part 7.PATIENT'S MANAGEMENT --Diagnostic Work-Up /Enrico Nunzi, Cesare Massone and Salvatore Noto --Drugs in Leprosy /Sinésio Talhari and Mahreen Ameen --Treatment and Prophylaxis /Pierre Bobin --Prognosis /Enrico Nunzi --Neurolysis /Sergio S. G. Gennaro --Prevention of Disability and Ulcer Care /J. Wim Brandsma and Hugh Cross --Surgical and Social Rehabilitation /J. Wim Brandsma and Sunil Deepak --Part 8.LEPROSY AND COMMUNITY --Leprosy in Pregnancy /Elizabeth Duncan --Leprosy and HIV/AIDS Co-infection /Sinésio Talhari and Carolina Talhari --Epidemiology of Leprosy /Salvatore Noto and Pieter A. M. Schreuder --Leprosy Control /Sunil Deepak and Giovanni Gazzoli --Teledermatology /Cesare Massone and Antonio Pedro Mendes Schettini --The Leprosy Mailing List /Salvatore Noto.
- Leptin 2006, Springer
- Leptomeningeal metastases 2005, SpringerAnatomy and physiology of the leptomeninges and CSF space / Neil Barshes, Alexis Demopoulos and Herbert H. Engelhard -- Leptomeningeal neoplasia: epidemiology, clinical presentation, CSF analysis and diagnostic imaging / Roelien H. Enting -- Leptomeningeal metastases from solid tumors (Meningeal carcinomatosis) / Michiko Kimura Bruno and Jeffrey Raizer -- Leptomeningeal metastases from leukemias and lymphomas / Craig P. Nolan and Lauren E. Abrey -- Leptomeningeal metastasis of primary central nervous system (CNS) neoplasms / Herbert H. Engelhard and Luke A. Corsten -- Leptomeningeal cancer in the pediatric patient / Kathleen A. Neville and Susan M. Blaney -- Neurosurgical interventions for leptomeningeal tumor / Jeffrey P. Greenfield and Mark H. Bilsky -- Current treatment of leptomeningeal metastases: systemic chemotherapy, intrathecal chemotherapy and symptom management / Stacey L. Berg and Marc C. Chamberlain -- Radiation therapy for leptomeningeal cancer / Minesh Mehta and Kristin Bradley -- Animal models of leptomeningeal cancer / Ali Raja and Herbert H. Engelhard -- Improving the outcome of patients with leptomeningeal cancer: new clinical trials and experimental therapies / Kurt Jaeckle.
- Lesser known large dsDNA viruses 2009, SpringerThe Phycodnaviridae : The story of how tiny giants rule the world / W.H. Wilson, J.L. Etten and M.J. Allen -- African swine fever virus / E.R. Tulman [and others] -- Mimivirus / J.M. Claverie, C. Abergel and H. Ogata -- Family Iridoviridae : poor viral relations no longer / V.G. Chinchar [and others] -- Ascoviruses: Superb Manipulators of Apoptosis for Viral Replication and Transmission / B.A. Federici [and others] -- Whispovirus / J.H. Leu [and others] -- Jumbo bacteriophages / R.W. Hendrix.
- Lessons learned from the Health Professions Partnership Initiative (HPPI), 1996-2005 Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Sources of liability: Forms of legal complaints -- Duty as an element of a lawsuit: obligations and responsibilities -- Duty as an element of a lawsuit: sources of standards -- Duty as an element of a lawsuit: procedural requirments -- Breach, causation, and damages as elements of a lawsuit -- Defenses to a lawsuit -- Communication.
- Leukaemia 2003, Wellcome Trust
- Print MaterialThe nature of leukaemia, cytology, cytochemistry and the FAB classification of acute leukaemia -- Immunophenotyping and cytogenetic/molecular genetic analysis in leukaemia and related conditions -- Acute leukaemia : integration of morphological, immunophenotypic, and genetic information and the WHO classification -- The myelodysplastic syndromes -- Chronic myeloid leukaemias -- Lymphoid leukaemias of mature T, B and natural killer cells.
- Leukemia 2009, Springer ProtocolsAn overview: from discovery of candidate mutations to disease modeling and transformation mechanisms of acute leukemia / C.W. So -- Backtracking of leukemic clones to birth / J. Wiemels, M. Kang and M. Greaves -- Fluorescence In situ hybridization (FISH) as a tool for the detection of significant chromosomal abnormalities in childhood leukaemia / Z.J. Konn ... [et al.] -- Specialized fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) techniques for leukaemia research / L. Kearney and S. Colman -- LDI-PCR: identification of known and unknown gene fusions of the human MLL gene / C. Meyer and R. Marschalek -- Panhandle PCR approaches to cloning MLL genomic breakpoint junctions and fusion transcript sequences / B.W. Robinson and C.A. Felix -- MRD detection in acute lymphoblastic leukemia patients using Ig/TCR gene rearrangements as targets for real-time quantitative PCR / V.H. van der Velden and J.J. van Dongen -- Array-based comparative genomic hybridization as a tool for analyzing the leukemia genome / J.C. Strefford and H. Parker -- Application of SNP genotype arrays to determine somatic changes in cancer / M. Gupta and B.D. Young -- Retroviral/Lentiviral transduction and transformation assay / B.B. Zeisig and C.W. So -- Gene expression profiling of leukemia stem cells / A.V. Krivtsov ... [et al.] -- Humanized model to study leukemic stem cells / D. Bonnet -- Model systems for examining effects of leukemia-associated oncogenes in primary human CD34+ cells via retroviral transduction / M. Wunderlich and J.C. Mulloy -- Ex vivo assays to study self-renewal and long-term expansion of genetically modified primary human acute myeloid leukemia stem cells / J.J. Schuringa and H. Schepers -- Identification and characterization of hematopoietic stem and progenitor cell populations in mouse bone marrow by flow cytometry / J. Yeung and A.C. Wai Eric So -- In vitro differentiation of mouse embryonic stem cells as a model of early hematopoietic development / P. Sroczynska ... [et al.] -- Analysis of the mouse placenta as a hematopoietic stem cell niche / K. Ottersbach and E. Dzierzak -- Identification of protein interaction partners by the yeast two-hybrid system / M.P. Garcia-Cuellar, D. Mederer and R.K. Slany -- Complete array of HOX gene expression by RQ-PCR / G.J. Dickson, T.R. Lappin and A. Thompson -- Genome-wide determination of DNA methylation by Hpa II tiny fragment enrichment by ligation-mediated PCR (HELP) for the study of acute leukemias / M.E. Figueroa, A. Melnick and J.M. Greally -- Chromatin immunoprecipitation (ChIP) for analysis of histone modifications and chromatin-associated proteins / T.A. Milne, K. Zhao and J.L. Hess.
- Leukemia-lymphoma cell line factsbook 2001, ScienceDirect
- Lever's Histopathology of the skin. 10th ed. 2009, Ovid
- Lever's Histopathology of the skin. 9th ed. 2005, OvidIntroduction to dermatopathologic diagnosis -- Biopsy techniques -- Histology of the skin -- Laboratory methods -- Algorithmic classification of skin disease for differential diagnosis -- Congenital diseases (genodermatoses) -- Noninfectious erythematous, papular, and squamous diseases -- Vascular diseases -- Noninfectious vesiculobullous and vesiculopustular diseases -- Connective tissue diseases -- Cutaneous toxicities of drugs -- The photosensitivity disorders --Diseases caused by viruses -- The histiocytoses -- Pigmentary disorders of the skin -- Benign pigmented lesions and malignant melanoma -- Tumors and cysts of the epidermis -- Tumors of the epidermal appendages -- Cutaneous lymphomas and leukemias -- Tumors of fibrous tissue involving the skin -- Vascular tumors: tumors and tumor-like conditions of blood vessles and lymphatics --Tumors with fatty, muscular, osseous, and cartilagenous differentiation -- Tumors of neural tissue -- Metastatic carcinoma of the skin: incidence and dissemination.Disorders associated with physical agents: heat, cold, radiation, and trauma -- Noninfectious granulomas -- Degenerative diseases and perforating disorders -- Cutaneous manifestations of nutritional deficiency states and gastrointestinal disease -- Metabolic diseases of the skin -- Inflammatory diseases of hair follicles, sweat glands, and cartilage -- Inflammatory diseases of the nail -- Inflammatory diseases of the subcutaneous fat -- Bacterial diseases -- Treponemal diseases -- Fungal diseases -- Protozoan diseases and parasitic infestations --
- Levin and O'Neal's the diabetic foot. 7th ed. 2008, ClinicalKeyFully updated, now in full color, this latest edition of Levin and O'Neal's The Diabetic Foot provides diagnostic and management information for the challenging problems faced by patients with diabetic foot problems. The book has a team care focus and offers tips and pearls in every chapter.
- Print MaterialThe heritage of pharmacology -- The scope of pharmacology -- How drugs act on the living organism -- How drugs reach their site of action: -- I. General principles of passage of drugs across biologic barriers. -- II. Absorption. -- III. Distribution -- How the actions of drugs are terminated: -- I. Excretion. -- II. Biotransformation -- General principles of the quantitative aspects of drug action: -- I. Dose-response relationships. -- II. Time-response relationships -- Factors modifying the effects of drugs in individuals: -- I. Variability in response attributable to the biologic system. -- II. Variability in response attributable to the conditions of administration -- Drug toxicity -- How drugs alter physiologic function -- The pharmacologic aspects of drug abuse -- The development and evaluation of new drugs.
- Lewin's Genes. X 2011Print Material
- Leydig cell in health and disease 2007, Springer
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
Bookmark on other websites
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases