View by page
- Laboratory and diagnostic tests with nursing implications. 7th ed. — Lean thinking for healthcare (100)
- Learn to Use TOXNET : TOXNET Training Class Schedule and Workbook — Life-threatening dermatoses and emergencies in dermatology (100)
- Lifelong learning-- signs, discourses, practices — Localization in clinical neurology. 6th ed. (100)
- LocusLink — Lysosomes and lysosomal diseases (60)
- Includes workbook: TOXNET & Beyond-- Using the National Library of Medicine® Environmental Health & Toxicology Portal.
- Learned in science, explored in art : an exhibit of paintings and sculpture by Wolfgang Ritschel. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Learning abdominal imaging 2012, SpringerThis book is an ideal introduction to the use of radiology in imaging diseases of the liver, gallbladder and biliary system, pancreas, spleen, and gastrointestinal tract. Each of the ten chapters is devoted to a particular organ and contains ten illustrated case reports drawn from clinical practice. Common clinical situations and indications for imaging are reviewed, and clear descriptions are provided of the various imaging techniques that will assist in resolving diagnostic and therapeutic dilemmas. This book is recommended for medical students, residents, and inexperienced abdominal radiologists.
- Learning and teaching on the World Wide Web 2001, ScienceDirect
- Learning basic genetics with interactive computer programs 2014, SpringerLearning Basic Genetics with Interactive Computer Programs is a comprehensive and interactive learning program that focuses on chromosome simulation and model building. It is intended to assist students in learning more about genetics with ease. The 11 modules of this program form an integrated system for learning the basic concepts of genetics. The program innovation lies in its unique content design that incorporates cognitive feedback and experiential learning through the novel use of interactive applications. Each of the modules is designed to enhance learning by simultaneously employing "eyes-on," "minds-on," and "hands-on" activities. Topics are motivated by questions, information is presented in simple terms, and concepts are clarified by interactive prompts. Used as a supplement to traditional lectures and textbook assignments, the program not only serves as a foundation upon which to build more complex and detailed topics, but as a tutor to clarify and guide when there is confusion. The software that accompanies this book has been shown to be an ideal tool for learning about genetics, which requires a combination of understanding, conceptualization, and practical experience.
- Learning C# 3.0. 1st ed. SU Catalog (SearchWorks)Print Material
- Learning cardiac imaging 2010, Springer
- Learning chest imaging 2013, SpringerPleural and Pleural Space -- Diaphragm -- Mediastinum and Pulmonary Circulation -- Air Space and Bronchi - I -- Air Space and Bronchi - II -- Trachea and Airway -- Heart and Great Vessels -- Chest Wall and Soft Tissues -- Pulmonary Interstitium -- Medical Device and Monitoring of the Chest.
- Learning diagnostic imaging 100 essential cases 2008, Springer
- Learning genitourinary and pelvic imaging 2012, SpringerThis introduction to genitourinary and pelvic radiology is a further volume in the Learning Imaging series. Written in a case-based format, the book is subdivided into ten chapters: kidney; adrenal gland; urinary bladder, collecting system and urethra; prostate and seminal vesicles; scrotum; obstetrics; uterus; cervix and vagina; adnexa and retroperitoneum. Genitourinary radiology has undergone a tremendous change owing to advances in ultrasound, CT and MRI that have redefined our understanding of genitourinary and pelvic pathology. Each chapter includes an introduction and ten case studies with illustrations and comments from anatomical, physiopathological and radiological standpoints and with bibliographic recommendations. Learning Genitourinary and Pelvic Imaging will be of value for radiologists, radiology residents, medical students and anybody else working in genitourinary and pelvic pathology.Learning Imaging is a unique case-based series for those in professional education in general and for physicians in particular.
- Learning musculoskeletal imaging 2010, Springer
- Learning MySQL 2006, ProQuest Safari
- Learning neuroimaging 100 essential cases 2012, Springer
- Learning pediatric imaging 100 essential cases 2011, SpringerTumoral neurology [cases]: Pilocytic astrocytoma -- Pilomyxoid astrocytoma -- Ependymoma -- Infrequent presentation of medulloblastoma -- Brainstem tumors -- Choroid plexus tumors -- Atypical teratoid/rhabdoid tumor of the CNS -- Glioblastoma -- Rhabdomyosarcoma -- Pineoblastoma -- Tumoral and non-tumoral neurology [cases]: Nasal chondromesenchymal hamartoma -- Pleomorphic xanthoastrocytoma -- Desmoplastic infantile ganglioglioma -- Dysembryoplastic neuroepithelial tumor of the pellucidum (DNET SP) -- CNS langerhans cell histiocytosis -- Hemangioma of infancy -- Vascular lesion of the face -- Retinoblastoma -- Tuberous sclerosis -- Neurofibromatosis type 1 -- Non-tumoral neurology [cases]: Acute disseminated encephalomyelitis -- Multiple sclerosis -- Posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome -- Focal cortical dysplasia -- CNS takayasu arteritis -- Premamilar ventriculostomy -- Bilateral cystic microphthalmia (Bilateral cystic eye) -- Tuberculous meningitis -- Spinal epidural abscess -- Mitochondrial myopathy, encephalopathy, lactic acidosis, and stoke (MELAS) syndrome -- Thorax [cases]: Parapneumonic pleural effusion -- Primary pulmonary tuberculosis -- Viral infections -- Pulmonary aspergillosis -- Cystic fibrosis -- Cystic pleuropulmonary blastoma -- Endobronchial tumor: mucoepidermoid carcinoma -- Pulmonary artery sling -- Partial anomalous pulmonary venous return -- Coarctation of the aorta -- Non-tumoral abdomen [cases]: Intussusception -- Hypertrophic pyloric stenosis -- Mesenteric lymphadenopathy in children -- Acute appendiciis -- Inflammatory bowel disease -- Pancreatic trauma -- Focal nodular hyperplasia -- Ascariasis -- Congenital imperforate hymen with hydrocolpos -- Intrauterine spermatic cord torsion -- Tumoral abdomen [cases]: Neuroblastoma -- Hepatoblastoma -- Infantile hemangioendothelioma of the liver -- Endodermal sinus tumors (Yolk sac tumors) -- Adrenocortical tumors -- Hodgkin's lymphoma -- Non-Hodgkin lymphoma -- Hepatosplenic candidiasis in acute lymphoblastic leukemia -- Cystic testicular teratoma -- Ovarian tumor (Yolk sac tumor) -- Genitourinary [cases]: Wilms' tumor -- Fetal rhabdomyomatous nephroblastoma -- Mesoblastic nephroma -- Malignant rhabdoid tumor of the kidney -- Megacystis-microcolon-intestinal hypoperistalsis -- Ossifying renal tumor of infancy -- Xanthogranulomatous pyelonephritis -- Ureteral duplications -- Renal trauma -- Renal candidiasis -- Musculoskeletal [cases]: Legg-calve-perthes disease -- Perisciatic pyomyositis -- Chronic recurrent multifocal osteomyelitis -- Spondylodiscitis -- Septic arthritis of the hip -- Lipoblastoma -- Osteosarcoma -- Ewing's sarcoma -- Lumbar Ewing's sarcoma -- Granulocytic sarcoma -- Neonatal [cases]: Surfactant deficiency disease -- Bronchogenic cyst -- Localized persistent pulmonary interstitial emphysema -- Posthemorrhagic hydrocephalus in the preterm infant -- Hypoxoic-ischemic encephalopathy -- Cerebral sinovenous thrombosis in neonates -- Disseminated cerebral candidiasis in preterm infants -- Necrotizing enterocolitis -- Midgut volvulus -- Portal calcification seondary to umbilical vein catheterization -- Fetal [cases]: Fetal open-lip schizencephaly -- Classic lissencephaly -- Fetal thyrocervical teratoma -- Congenital cystic andemoatoid malformation, type II -- Congenital diaphragmatic hernia -- Multicystic dysplasia of the kidney -- Fetal posterior urethral valves -- Fetal jejunal atresia -- Prune belly syndrome (Eagle-Barrett syndrome) -- Gastroschisis.
- Learning Perl. 5th ed. 2008, ProQuest Safari
- Learning PHP & MySQL. 2nd ed. 2007, ProQuest Safari
- Learning Python. 3rd ed. 2007, ProQuest Safari
- Learning radiology recognizing the basics. 2nd ed. 2012, ClinicalKey
- Learning Rails. 1st ed. SU Catalog (SearchWorks)Print Material
- Learning Ruby 2007, ProQuest Safari
- Learning SQL 2005, ProQuest Safari
- Learning the bash shell. 3rd ed. 2005, ProQuest Safari
- Learning the Korn Shell. 2nd ed. 2002, ProQuest Safari
- Learning the UNIX operating system. 5th ed. / 2002, ProQuest Safari
- Learning to learn the teaching legacy of Eugene A. Stead, Jr., MD Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialPassing on the Stead legacy / Andrew G. Wallace -- The patient is the focus of doctoring / Francis A. Neelon -- Learning is a community affair / E. Harvey Estes -- We learn most when we ourselves teach / Earl N. Metz -- Thinking trumps memorization : the lesson on attending rounds? / Joseph C. Greenfield, Jr. -- Brain sorting in the 21st century / Galen S. Wagner -- Teachers of medicine and their students / Harold R. Silberman -- Summing up the symposium / Francis A. Neelon, E. Harvey Estes, Andrew G. Wallace.
- Learning ultrasound imaging 2012, SpringerAbdominal ultrasound / Carlos Nicolau, Pedro Seguí, Jose Luís del Cura, Blanca Paño -- Woman's imaging / Jose Luís del Cura, Pedro Seguí, Rosa Zabala, Martín Velasco -- Musculoskeletal ultrasound / Angel Bueno, Jose Martel, Ana Sanz -- Small parts / Pedro Seguí, Elena Elizagaray, Carlos Nicolau -- Thorax / Rosa Zabala, Jose Luís del Cura -- Pediatrics / Fermín Sáez, Elena Elizagaray, José Martel -- Vascular / Blanca Paño, Pedro Seguí -- Contrast ultrasound / Teresa Fontanilla, Carlos Nicolau, Javier Minaya -- Interventional ultrasound / Jose Luís del Cura, Rosa Zabala, Igone Korta.
- This book is an introduction to interventional radiology. Written in a case-based format, the book is subdivided into ten chapters made up of ten vascular and non-vascular interventional radiology cases. Each case contains illustrations and legends describing the imaging findings and technical details of each intervention, comments from anatomical, physiopathological and radiological standpoints, as well as a description of the interventional procedure and the required interventional devices. The book is aimed at vascular and non-vascular interventional radiologists, vascular surgeons, radiology.
- Learning Visual Basic .NET 2003, ProQuest SafariVisual Basic.NET and .NET programming -- Getting started with VB.NET -- Object-oriented programming -- Visual studio .NET -- VB.NET language fundamentals -- Branching -- Operators -- Classes and objects -- Inside methods -- Basic debugging -- Inheritance and polymorphism -- Structures -- Interfaces -- Arrays -- Collection interfaces and types -- Strings -- Throwing and catching exceptions - Applications and events -- Afterword.
- Learning XML. 2nd ed. 2003, ProQuest Safari
- Learning XNA 3.0. 1st ed. SU Catalog (SearchWorks)Print Material
- "In Diseases of the Ear, Nose and Throat Lecture Notes, 11th edition you will find everything on the topic that could crop up in a clinic or teaching session. This little gem of a book is clearly laid out with colour photographs and illustrations, is broken down into intuitive chapters and sections, and contains treatment boxes, all of which help those key concepts stick"--Provided by publisher.
- Lecture notes. Cardiology. 5th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialTaking a cardiovascular history -- Examination of the cardiovascular system -- The electrocardiogram -- Imaging -- Hypertension -- Coronary heart disease -- Thrombosis in cardiovascular disease -- The myocardium -- Heart failure -- Valvular heart disease -- The endocardium -- The pericardium -- Electrophysiology -- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation -- Diseases of the aorta -- Pulmonary hypertension and pulmonary thromboembolism -- Pregnancy and the heart -- Congenital heart disease -- Heart disease in the elderly -- Cardiac tumours -- Surgery and anaesthesia -- Cardiology, the law and occupation.
- Lecture notes. Clinical anaesthesia. 3rd ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialAssessment and preparation for surgery -- The principles of anaesthesia -- The practice of anaesthesia -- Postanaesthesia care -- Recognition and management of the acutely ill patient on the ward -- Management of the critically ill patient.
- Lecture notes. Clinical biochemistry. 7th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialRequesting and interpreting tests -- Disturbances of water, sodium and potassium balance -- Acid-base balance and oxygen transport -- Renal disease -- Disorders of calcium, phosphate and magnesium metabolism -- Trauma, inflammation, immunity and malignancy -- Liver disease -- Gastrointestinal tract disease -- Nutrition -- Diabetes mellitus and hypoglycaemia -- Cardiovascular disorders -- Disorders of iron and porphyrin metabolism -- Uric acid, gout and purine metabolism -- Disorders of the hypothalamus and pituitary -- Abnormalities of thyroid function -- Disorders of the adrenal cortex and medulla -- Investigation of gonadal function, infertility, menstrual irregularities and hirsutism -- Pregnancy and antenatal screening -- Clinical biochemistry in paediatrics and geriatrics -- Central nervous system and cerebrospinal fluid -- Therapeutic drug monitoring and chemical toxicology.
- Lecture notes. Dermatology. 9th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialStructure and function of the skin, hair and nails -- Approach to the diagnosis of dermatological disease -- Bacterial and viral infections -- Fungal infections -- Ectoparasite infections -- Acne, acneiform eruptions and rosacea -- Eczema -- Psoriasis -- Benign and malignant skin tumours -- Naevi -- Inherited disorders -- Pigmentary disorders -- Disorders of the hair and nails -- Bullous disorders -- Miscellaneous erythematous and papulosquamous disorders and light-induced skin diseases -- Vascular disorders -- Connective tissue disorders -- Pruritus -- Systemic disease and the skin -- Skin and the psyche -- Cutaneous drug reactions -- Treatment of skin disease.
- Lecture notes. Diseases of the ear, nose and throat. 10th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Lecture notes. Emergency medicine. 3rd ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialThe principles of emergency medicine -- Major trauma and multiple injuries -- Head injuries -- The neck and the back -- Facial injuries -- Injuries to the trunk -- The lower limb -- The upper limb -- The hand -- Burns -- Cardiac arrest and cardiac dysrhythmias -- Chest pain -- Respiratory distress -- Collapse and sudden illness - Poisoning -- Abdominal pain -- Obstetric, gynaecological, genitourinary and perineal problems - Children's problems in the emergency department -- The disturbed patient -- Medicolegal aspects of emergency medicine -- Small wounds and localized infections -- Ophthalmic, ENT and facial conditions.
- Lecture notes. Haematology. 8th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialNormal haemoglobin, blood cells, and haemopoiesis -- Anaemia and polycythaemia: general considerations -- Haemolytic anaemias -- Iron metabolism, iron deficiency anaemia, other hypochromic microcytic anaemias, and iron overload -- Macrocytosis and macrocytic anaemia -- Conditions causing white cell abnormalities -- Structure and function of lymphoid tissue -- Lymphomas: general principles -- Classification of lymphoma -- Hodgkin's lymphoma and some of the commoner clinical entities of non-Hodgkin's lymphomas, including ALL and CLL -- Myeloma and other paraproteinaemias -- Neoplastic disorders of myeloid cells -- Bone marrow transplantation -- Aplastic anaemia and pure red cell aplasia -- Haemostasis, abnormal bleeding, and anticoagulant therapy -- Blood transfusion and haemolytic disease of the newborn -- Basic haematological techniques and reference ranges.
- Lecture notes. Human physiology. 5th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialCell physiology -- Cellular communication -- Introduction to the nervous system -- Signalling in the nervous system -- Muscle -- Sensory systems -- Special senses -- Motor system -- Higher nervous functions -- Pain -- Endocrine system -- Reproduction -- Blood -- Introduction to the cardiovascular system -- Cardiovascular system--the heart -- Vascular system -- Cardiovascular regulation, regional circulation and circulatory adjustments -- Respiration -- Digestive system -- Kidney -- Fluid and electrolyte balance -- Energy metabolism -- Temperature regulation -- Exercise.
- Lecture notes. Medical genetics. 3rd ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Lecture notes. Medical microbiology and infection. 4th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialBasic bacteriology : structure -- Basic bacteriology : physiology -- Basic bacteriology : genetics -- Classification of bacteria -- Staphylococci -- Streptococci and enterococcci -- Clostridia -- Other gram-positive bacteria -- Gram-negative cocci -- Enterobacteriaceae -- Parvobacteri -- Pseudomonas and other aerobic gram-negative bacilli -- Campylobacter, helicobacter, and vibrios -- Treponema, borrelia, and leptospira -- Gram-negative anaerobic bacteria -- Mycobacteria -- Chlamydiae, rickettsiaceae, mycoplasma -- Basic virology -- Major virus groups -- Basic mycology and classification of fungi -- Parasitology : protozoa -- Parasitology : metazoa (helminths) -- Host-parasite relationships -- Diagnostic laboratory methods -- Epidemiology and prevention of infection -- Management of infections -- Immunisation -- Sterilisation and disinfection -- Antibacterial agents -- Antifungal agents -- Antiviral agents -- Upper respiratory tract infections -- Lower respiratory tract infections -- Gastrointestinal infections -- Liver and biliary tract infections -- Urinary tract infections -- Genital infections (including sexually transmitted diseases) -- Infections of central nervous system -- Septicaemia and bacteraemia -- Device-related infections -- Drug-resistant microorganisms -- Cardiovascular infections -- Bone and joint infections -- Skin and soft-tissue infections -- Infections in the compromised host -- Perinatal and congenital infections -- Human immunodeficiency viruses -- Miscellaneous viral infections.
- Lecture notes. Neurology. 8th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialNeurological history-taking -- Consciousness -- Cognitive function -- Vision and other cranial nerves -- Motor function -- Sensation -- Autonomic function -- Investigating the patient -- -- Headache and facial pain -- Epilepsy -- Stroke -- Parkinson's disease and other movement disorders -- Neurosurgical topics: head injury and brain tumour -- Neurological infections -- Spinal conditions -- Multiple sclerosis -- Nerve and muscle -- Development and degeneration -- Neurology and other medical specialties -- Neurological emergencies -- Neurorehabilitation.
- Lecture notes. Neurology. 9th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialNeurological history-taking -- Consciousness -- Cognitive function -- Vision and other cranial nerves -- Motor function -- Sensation -- Autonomic function -- Investigating the patient -- Headache and facial pain -- Epilepsy -- Stroke -- Parkinson's disease and other movement disorders -- Neurosurgical topics : head injury and brain tumour -- Neurological infections -- Spinal conditions -- Multiple sclerosis -- Nerve and muscle -- Development and degeneration -- Neurology and other medical specialties -- Neurological emergencies -- Neurorehabilitation.
- Lecture notes. Obstetrics and gynaecology. 3rd ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialBasic science -- The woman as a patient -- Puberty and menstrual problems of young women -- Subfertility -- Pregnancy prevention -- Benign diseases, genital tract infections and sexual problems -- The mother and fetus in pregnancy -- Bleeding in pregnancy -- The antenatal period -- Diseases of pregnancy -- Diseases in pregnancy -- Normal labour -- Abnormal labour -- Puerperium -- The newborn -- Abnormal vaginal blood loss -- Pelvic pain -- Breast disease -- Screening for gynaecological cancer -- Malignant gynaecological conditions -- The menopause -- Pelvic floor disorders -- Statistics of reproductive medicine.
- Lecture notes. Ophthalmology. 10th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialAnatomy -- History and examination -- Clinical optics -- The orbit -- The eyelids -- The lacrimal system -- Conjuctiva, cornea and sclera -- The lens and cataract -- Uveitis -- Glaucoma -- Retina and choroid -- Retinal vascular disease --The pupil and its responses -- The visual pathway -- Eye movements and their disorders -- Trauma -- Tropical ophthalmology : eye diseases in the developing world -- Symptoms of eye disease -- Services for the visually handicapped -- Clinical cases -- Useful references.
- Lecture notes. Orthopaedics and fractures. 4th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialMusculoskeletal structures and function -- Soft tissue injuries and healing -- Nerve injuries and repair -- Fractures and healing -- Fractures : principles of management -- Complications of fractures -- Major trauma -- Congenital malformations -- Generalised orthopaedic conditions -- Inflammatory conditions -- Degenerative conditions -- Neoplastic conditions of bone and soft tissue -- Infections -- Metabolic diseases of bone -- Examination of the musculoskeletal system -- The forearm, wrist, and hand -- The elbow -- The shoulder and upper arm -- The spine -- The pelvis -- The hip and thigh -- The knee and lower leg -- The foot and ankle -- Orthopaedic techniques.
- Lecture notes. Psychiatry. 9th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Lecture notes. Radiology. 2nd ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialRespiratory tract -- Cardiovascular system -- Gastrointestinal tract -- Liver and pancreas -- Urinary tract -- Skeletal system -- Skeletal trauma -- Paediatrics -- Obstetrics and gynaecology -- Neuroradiology -- Specific radiological investigations -- Film-viewing hints.
- Lecture notes. Radiology. 3rd ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialRespiratory tract -- Cardiovascular system -- Gastrointestinal tract -- Liver and pancreas -- Urinary tract -- Musculoskeletal system -- Trauma -- Paediatrics -- Obstetrics and gynaecology -- Neuroradiology -- Specific radiological investigations -- Film-viewing hints.
- Lee's Ophthalmic histopathology. Third edition. [3rd ed.] 2014, SpringerCompletely revised and updated, this well-illustrated and practically-oriented text has retained its general layout and style and division into specimen-type based chapters. The visual image remains key to explaining the pathological processes and this is facilitated by full colour photography throughout the text. The book emphasizes pertinent recent advances which augment the morphological study of disease. There is updated information on clinically important aspects, immunohistochemistry, tumour cytogenetics and molecular biology. Illustrations include macro specimens, microscopic specimens and illustrations of additional techniques - immunohistochemistry, molecular analyses and electron microscopy - to help both the pathologist and ophthalmologist understand the process that a specimen must go through prior to producing a report and how these various techniques help to refine the diagnosis. The third edition of Lee's Ophthalmic Histopathology is an invaluable reference source for ophthalmic pathologists, general pathologists and ophthalmologists.
- Left main coronary artery disease a practical guide for the interventional cardiologist 2009, Springer
- Left-right asymmetry in vertebrate development 2007, Springer
- Introduction: Bateson the precursor / Jesper Hoffmeyer -- Angels fear revisited: Gregory Bateson's cybernetic theory of mind applied to religion-science debates / Mary Catherine Bateson -- From thing to relation. On Bateson's bioanthropology / Jesper Hoffmeyer -- What connects the map to the territory? / Tyrone Cashman -- The pattern which connects pleroma to creatura: the autocell bridge from physics to life / Terrence Deacon and Jeremy Sherman -- Bateson's method: double description. What is it? How does it work? What do we learn? / Julie Hui, Tyrone Cashman, and Terrence Deacon -- Gregory Bateson's relevance to current molecular biology / Luis Emilio Bruni -- Process ecology: creatura at large in an open universe / Robert E. Ulanowicz -- Connections in action - bridging implicit and explicit domains / Teresa S.S. Shilhab and Christian Gerlach -- Bateson: biology with meaning / Brian Goodwin -- Gregory Bateson's "uncovery" of ecological aesthetics / Peter Harries-Jones -- Collapsing the wave function of meaning: the epistemological matrix of talk-in-interaction / Donald Favareau -- Re-enchanting evolution: transcending fundamentalisms through a mythopoetic epistemology / Gregory Mengel -- Bateson and Peirce on the pattern that connects and the sacred / Søren Brier -- Bateson, Peirce and the sign of the sacred / Deborah Eicher-Catt.
- Legal medicine. 7th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Legionella and the prevention of legionellosis Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Legionella pneumophila pathogenesis and immunity 2008, Springer
- Leibel and Phillips Textbook of radiation oncology. 3rd ed. 2010, ClinicalKeySection I. Radiation biology and physics -- Section II. Imaging -- Section III. Radiation oncology -- Part 1. Central nervous system -- Part 2. Head and neck tumors -- Part 3. Tumors of the thorax -- Part 4. Gastrointestinal tumors -- Part 5. Urologic tumors -- Part 6. Gynecologic tumors -- Part 7. Pediatric tumors -- Part 8. Cancer of the breast -- Part 9. Adult sarcomas -- Part 10. Lymphomas -- Part 11. Ocular cancer -- Part 12. Skin cancer -- Part 13. Benign disease -- Section IV. Emerging radiation modalities.
- Leishmania and leishmaniasis 2013, SpringerLeishmania-related illnesses remain among the world s deadliest neglected tropical diseases, affecting approximately 12 million people in 88 countries. The mortality rate is substantial, contributing to nearly two million disability-adjusted life years. As more is understood about this parasite and its effects, work toward prevention, control, and treatment continues apace. Leishmania and Leishmaniasis will address the parasite and its attendant disease, which manifests in three syndromes: Visceral (VL), Cutaneous (CL) and Mucocutaneous Leishmaniasis (ML). The morphology and life cycles of the various species will be among the topics addressed in Part One. Part Two will focus on immunology, including host-immune response to Leishmania infection, cross-immunity between the different species and adoptive transfer of immunity. Parts Three and Four will address how Leishmania invade and survive, the clinical features of the disease, and its diagnosis. Drugs, vaccines and treatment will be thoroughly explored, including experimental models of therapeutics. Leishmania and Leishmaniasis will provide a thorough examination of a parasite, the illnesses it causes and the misery it continues to visit upon large segments of the population.
- Lemurs ecology and adaptation 2006, SpringerLemur origins, history of ecological studies on lemurs, and the ecology of the recently extinct (subfossil) lemurs -- Origin of the Malagasy strepsirhine primates / Ian Tattersall -- Notes on the history of ecological studies of Malagasy lemurs / Alison Jolly and R.W. Sussman -- Ecology and extinction of Madagascar's subfossil lemurs / Laurie R. Godfrey, William L. Jungers, and Gary T. Schwartz -- The evolution of lemur traits, basic and unusual patterns -- Impact of ecology on the teeth of extant lemurs : a review of dental adaptations, function, and life history / Frank P. Cuozzo and Nayuta Yamashita -- Big is beautiful : fat storage and hibernation as a strategy to cope with marked seasonality in the fat-tailed dwarf lemur (Cheirogaleus medius) / Joanna Fietz and K.H. Dausmann -- Polyspecific associations of crowned lemurs and Sanford's lemurs in Madagascar / Benjamin Z. Freed -- Cathemerality in lemurs / Deborah J. Curtis -- Adaptations in the aye-aye : a review / Eleanor J. Sterling and Erin E. McCreless -- Connecting ecology and adaptation : summaries and new studies -- Evolutionary divergence in the brown lemur species complex / Steig E. Johnson -- Ecological diversity and seasonal adaptations of mouse lemurs (Microcebus spp.) / Ute Radespiel -- Social pair-bonding and resource defense in wild red-bellied lemurs (Eulemur rubriventer) / Deborah J. Overdorff and Stacey R. Tecot -- Lemur catta ecology : what we know and what we need to know / Lisa Gould -- Impact of seasonality and reproduction on social structure, ranging patterns, and fission-fusion social organization in red ruffed lemurs / Natalie Vasey -- Ecologically enigmatic lemurs : the sifakas of the eastern forests (Propithecus candidus, P. diadema, P. edwardsi, P. perrieri, P. tattersalli) / Mitchell T. Irwin -- Behavioral and ecological adaptations in two small folivorous lemurs with different social organization : Avahi and Lepilemur / Urs Thalmann -- The feeding ecology and related adaptations of Indri indri / Joyce A. Powzyk and Christopher B. Mowry -- Behavior and ecology of gentle lemurs (genus Hapalemur) / Chia L. Tan -- Lemur adaptations to a changing environment, natural and anthropogenic stress -- Considering climate change effects in lemur ecology and conservation / Patricia C. Wright -- Diet composition, foraging, and feeding behavior in relation to habitat disturbance : implications for the adaptability of ruffed lemurs (Varecia variegata editorium) in Manombo Forest, Madagascar / Jonah Ratsimbazafy -- Overview on the health and disease ecology of wild lemurs : conservation implications / Randall E. Junge and Michelle L. Sauther
- Lens and glaucoma 2008, ClinicalKeyCongenital abnormalities -- Developmental defects -- Involutional changes -- Trauma -- Open angle glaucoma -- Closed angle glaucoma -- Pediatric glaucoma.
- Lens epithelium and posterior capsular opacification 2014, SpringerThis book is the first to summarize the current knowledge of the cell biology of lens epithelial cells in relation to and in the development of posterior capsular opacification (PCO). PCO remains the most common long-term complication of modern cataract surgery, occurring months or years after cataract surgery, unlike most other complications that tend to arise during or soon after the procedure. Opacification of the posterior capsule appears to be linked to lens epithelial cells that are left behind in the eye during cataract removal. These cells proliferate, migrate across the posterior lens capsule, and undergo changes that result in fibrous or pearl-type opacities in the capsule. The first section of the text explains the molecular mechanism and biology of lens epithelial cells that lead to the incidence of PCO. In the second part, in addition to a description of the mechanism and pathological condition of PCO, surgical methods and devices for preventing PCO are discussed in detail. Lens Epithelium and Capsular Opacification will benefit not only young clinical residents and junior researchers, but also established faculty in the clinical or basic academic field.
- Lentil an ancient crop for modern times 2007, Springer
- Lentiviral vectors and gene therapy 2012, SpringerAnnotation Gene therapy was conceived during the early and mid part of the 20th century. At first, it was considered a revolutionary biomedical procedure, which could potentially cure any disease for which the molecular bases were understood. Since then, gene therapy has gone through many stages and has evolved from a nearly unrealistic perspective to a real life application. Clinical efficacy in humans was demonstrated at the beginning of this century after its successful application in small-scale clinical trials to cure severe immunodeficiency in children. However, their successes were overshadowed some time later by the occurrence of vector-related leukaemia in a number of treated children. It is in this context that lentiviral vectors have appeared, with improved efficiency and, possibly, increased biosafety. Very recently, the first clinical trials with lentivectors have been carried out with some success. This Brief firstly defines gene therapy, and places lentivectors within this fascinating therapeutic strategy. Then follows a comprehensive description of the development of retroviral and lentiviral vectors and how to specifically target distinct cell types and tissues. The authors also discuss the application of lentivector gene therapy for the treatment of cancer and autoimmune diseases, ending with the application of lentivectors in human gene therapy clinical trials.
- Lentivirus gene engineering protocols 2003, Springer Protocols
- Leprosy and empire a medical and cultural history Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Print Material"Angela Ki Che Leung's meticulous study begins with the classical annals of the imperial era, which contain the first descriptions of a feared and stigmatized disorder modern researchers now identify as leprosy. She then tracks the relationship between the disease and China's social and political spheres (theories of contagion prompted community and statewide efforts at segregation); religious traditions (Buddhism and Daoism ascribed redemptive meaning to those suffering from the disease), and evolving medical discourse (Chinese doctors have contested the disease's etiology for centuries). Leprosy even pops up in Chinese folklore, attributing the spread of the contagion to contact with immoral women." "Leung next places the history of leprosy into a global context of colonialism, racial politics, and "imperial danger." A perceived global pandemic in the late nineteenth century seemed to confirm Westerners' fears that Chinese immigration threatened public health. Therefore battling to contain, if not eliminate, the disease became a central mission of the modernizing, state-building projects of the late Qing empire, the nationalist government of the first half of the twentieth century, and the People's Republic of China." "Stamping out the curse of leprosy was the first step toward achieving "hygienic modernity" and erasing the cultural and economic backwardness associated with the disease. Leung's final move connects China's experience with leprosy to a larger history of public health and biomedical regimes of power, exploring the cultural and political implications of China's Sino-Western approach to the disease."--Jacket.
- Leprosy-- a practical guide 2012, SpringerPart 1. GENERAL SECTION / History and Phylogeography of Leprosy / Stewart T. Cole and Pushpendra Singh -- Microbiology / Andrea Clapasson and Silvia Canata -- Genetics of Leprosy / Vinicius Medeiros Fava and Marcelo Távora Mira -- Host Response to M. leprae / Rodrigo Ribeiro-Rodrigues -- Pathogenesis / Cesare Massone and Enrico Nunzi -- Classification / Cesare Massone and Alexandra M. G. Brunasso -- Part 2. PATIENT'S EXAMINATION -- Patient History / Enrico Nunzi, Cesare Massone and Salvatore Noto -- Laboratory Investigations / Andrea Clapasson and Silvia Canata -- Part 3. SKIN -- Physical Examination: Skin / Enrico Nunzi, Cesare Massone and Salvatore Noto -- Clinical Features / Enrico Nunzi, Cesare Massone and Salvatore Noto -- Lucio-Latapí Leprosy / Mario Magaña -- Histopathology of the Skin / Cesare Massone -- Differential Diagnosis: Skin / Enrico Nunzi and Salvatore Noto -- Part 4. NERVES -- Peripheral Nerves in Leprosy / Bernard Naafs and José Antônio Garbino -- The Leprosy Neuropathy / Lizia Reni, Salvatore Noto and Pieter A. M. Schreuder -- Primary Neural Leprosy / José Antônio Garbino and Bernard Naafs -- Chronic Neuropathic Pain in Leprosy / José Antônio Garbino, Bernard Naafs and Pedro Schestatsky -- Electrodiagnostic Studies / Lizia Reni -- Imaging / Carlo Martinoli, Leila Oppezzi and Alberto Tagliafico -- Differential Diagnosis: Nerves / Lizia Reni -- Part 5. Reactions in Leprosy / Reactions in Leprosy / Bernard Naafs and Salvatore Noto -- Lucio's Phenomenon / Mario Magaña -- Part 6. SYSTEMIC INVOLVEMENT -- Ocular Involvement in Leprosy / Susan Lewallen and Paul Courtright -- Otolaryngological Manifestations of Leprosy / Sinésio Talhari, Camila Bandeira de Oliveira and Carolina Talhari -- Other Organs / Enrico Nunzi and Salvatore Noto -- Part 7. PATIENT'S MANAGEMENT -- Diagnostic Work-Up / Enrico Nunzi, Cesare Massone and Salvatore Noto -- Drugs in Leprosy / Sinésio Talhari and Mahreen Ameen -- Treatment and Prophylaxis / Pierre Bobin -- Prognosis / Enrico Nunzi -- Neurolysis / Sergio S. G. Gennaro -- Prevention of Disability and Ulcer Care / J. Wim Brandsma and Hugh Cross -- Surgical and Social Rehabilitation / J. Wim Brandsma and Sunil Deepak -- Part 8. LEPROSY AND COMMUNITY -- Leprosy in Pregnancy / Elizabeth Duncan -- Leprosy and HIV/AIDS Co-infection / Sinésio Talhari and Carolina Talhari -- Epidemiology of Leprosy / Salvatore Noto and Pieter A. M. Schreuder -- Leprosy Control / Sunil Deepak and Giovanni Gazzoli -- Teledermatology / Cesare Massone and Antonio Pedro Mendes Schettini -- The Leprosy Mailing List / Salvatore Noto.
- Leptin 2006, Springer
- Leptomeningeal metastases 2005, SpringerAnatomy and physiology of the leptomeninges and CSF space / Neil Barshes, Alexis Demopoulos and Herbert H. Engelhard -- Leptomeningeal neoplasia: epidemiology, clinical presentation, CSF analysis and diagnostic imaging / Roelien H. Enting -- Leptomeningeal metastases from solid tumors (Meningeal carcinomatosis) / Michiko Kimura Bruno and Jeffrey Raizer -- Leptomeningeal metastases from leukemias and lymphomas / Craig P. Nolan and Lauren E. Abrey -- Leptomeningeal metastasis of primary central nervous system (CNS) neoplasms / Herbert H. Engelhard and Luke A. Corsten -- Leptomeningeal cancer in the pediatric patient / Kathleen A. Neville and Susan M. Blaney -- Neurosurgical interventions for leptomeningeal tumor / Jeffrey P. Greenfield and Mark H. Bilsky -- Current treatment of leptomeningeal metastases: systemic chemotherapy, intrathecal chemotherapy and symptom management / Stacey L. Berg and Marc C. Chamberlain -- Radiation therapy for leptomeningeal cancer / Minesh Mehta and Kristin Bradley -- Animal models of leptomeningeal cancer / Ali Raja and Herbert H. Engelhard -- Improving the outcome of patients with leptomeningeal cancer: new clinical trials and experimental therapies / Kurt Jaeckle.
- Leptospira and leptospirosis 2015, SpringerThis volume covers all aspects of infection by pathogenic Leptospira species, the causative agents of the world?s most widespread zoonosis. Topics include aspects of human and animal leptospirosis as well as detailed analyses of our current knowledge of leptospiral structure and physiology, epidemiology, pathogenesis, genomics, immunity and vaccines. Updates are presented on leptospiral systematics, identification and diagnostics, as well as practical information on culture of Leptospira. Contact information is also provided for Leptospira reference centers. All chapters were written by experts in the field, providing an invaluable reference source for scientists, veterinarians, clinicians and all others with an interest in leptospirosis.
- Lesser known large dsDNA viruses 2009, SpringerThe Phycodnaviridae : The story of how tiny giants rule the world / W.H. Wilson, J.L. Etten and M.J. Allen -- African swine fever virus / E.R. Tulman [and others] -- Mimivirus / J.M. Claverie, C. Abergel and H. Ogata -- Family Iridoviridae : poor viral relations no longer / V.G. Chinchar [and others] -- Ascoviruses: Superb Manipulators of Apoptosis for Viral Replication and Transmission / B.A. Federici [and others] -- Whispovirus / J.H. Leu [and others] -- Jumbo bacteriophages / R.W. Hendrix.
- Lessons learned from the Health Professions Partnership Initiative (HPPI), 1996-2005 Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Sources of liability: Forms of legal complaints -- Duty as an element of a lawsuit: obligations and responsibilities -- Duty as an element of a lawsuit: sources of standards -- Duty as an element of a lawsuit: procedural requirments -- Breach, causation, and damages as elements of a lawsuit -- Defenses to a lawsuit -- Communication.
- Leukaemia 2003, Wellcome Trust
- Leukaemia diagnosis. 4th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialThe nature of leukaemia, cytology, cytochemistry and the FAB classification of acute leukaemia -- Immunophenotyping and cytogenetic/molecular genetic analysis in leukaemia and related conditions -- Acute leukaemia : integration of morphological, immunophenotypic, and genetic information and the WHO classification -- The myelodysplastic syndromes -- Chronic myeloid leukaemias -- Lymphoid leukaemias of mature T, B and natural killer cells.
- Leukemia methods and protocols 2009, Springer ProtocolsAn overview: from discovery of candidate mutations to disease modeling and transformation mechanisms of acute leukemia / C.W. So -- Backtracking of leukemic clones to birth / J. Wiemels, M. Kang and M. Greaves -- Fluorescence In situ hybridization (FISH) as a tool for the detection of significant chromosomal abnormalities in childhood leukaemia / Z.J. Konn ... [et al.] -- Specialized fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) techniques for leukaemia research / L. Kearney and S. Colman -- LDI-PCR: identification of known and unknown gene fusions of the human MLL gene / C. Meyer and R. Marschalek -- Panhandle PCR approaches to cloning MLL genomic breakpoint junctions and fusion transcript sequences / B.W. Robinson and C.A. Felix -- MRD detection in acute lymphoblastic leukemia patients using Ig/TCR gene rearrangements as targets for real-time quantitative PCR / V.H. van der Velden and J.J. van Dongen -- Array-based comparative genomic hybridization as a tool for analyzing the leukemia genome / J.C. Strefford and H. Parker -- Application of SNP genotype arrays to determine somatic changes in cancer / M. Gupta and B.D. Young -- Retroviral/Lentiviral transduction and transformation assay / B.B. Zeisig and C.W. So -- Gene expression profiling of leukemia stem cells / A.V. Krivtsov ... [et al.] -- Humanized model to study leukemic stem cells / D. Bonnet -- Model systems for examining effects of leukemia-associated oncogenes in primary human CD34+ cells via retroviral transduction / M. Wunderlich and J.C. Mulloy -- Ex vivo assays to study self-renewal and long-term expansion of genetically modified primary human acute myeloid leukemia stem cells / J.J. Schuringa and H. Schepers -- Identification and characterization of hematopoietic stem and progenitor cell populations in mouse bone marrow by flow cytometry / J. Yeung and A.C. Wai Eric So -- In vitro differentiation of mouse embryonic stem cells as a model of early hematopoietic development / P. Sroczynska ... [et al.] -- Analysis of the mouse placenta as a hematopoietic stem cell niche / K. Ottersbach and E. Dzierzak -- Identification of protein interaction partners by the yeast two-hybrid system / M.P. Garcia-Cuellar, D. Mederer and R.K. Slany -- Complete array of HOX gene expression by RQ-PCR / G.J. Dickson, T.R. Lappin and A. Thompson -- Genome-wide determination of DNA methylation by Hpa II tiny fragment enrichment by ligation-mediated PCR (HELP) for the study of acute leukemias / M.E. Figueroa, A. Melnick and J.M. Greally -- Chromatin immunoprecipitation (ChIP) for analysis of histone modifications and chromatin-associated proteins / T.A. Milne, K. Zhao and J.L. Hess.
- Leukemia-lymphoma cell line factsbook 2001, ScienceDirect
- Lever's Histopathology of the skin editor-in-chief, David E. Elder ; associate editors, Rosalie Elenitsas ... [et al.].. 10th ed. 2009, Ovid
- Lever's Histopathology of the skin. 9th ed. 2005, OvidIntroduction to dermatopathologic diagnosis -- Biopsy techniques -- Histology of the skin -- Laboratory methods -- Algorithmic classification of skin disease for differential diagnosis -- Congenital diseases (genodermatoses) -- Noninfectious erythematous, papular, and squamous diseases -- Vascular diseases -- Noninfectious vesiculobullous and vesiculopustular diseases -- Connective tissue diseases -- Cutaneous toxicities of drugs -- The photosensitivity disorders -- Diseases caused by viruses -- The histiocytoses -- Pigmentary disorders of the skin -- Benign pigmented lesions and malignant melanoma -- Tumors and cysts of the epidermis -- Tumors of the epidermal appendages -- Cutaneous lymphomas and leukemias -- Tumors of fibrous tissue involving the skin -- Vascular tumors: tumors and tumor-like conditions of blood vessles and lymphatics --Tumors with fatty, muscular, osseous, and cartilagenous differentiation -- Tumors of neural tissue -- Metastatic carcinoma of the skin: incidence and dissemination. Disorders associated with physical agents: heat, cold, radiation, and trauma -- Noninfectious granulomas -- Degenerative diseases and perforating disorders -- Cutaneous manifestations of nutritional deficiency states and gastrointestinal disease -- Metabolic diseases of the skin -- Inflammatory diseases of hair follicles, sweat glands, and cartilage -- Inflammatory diseases of the nail -- Inflammatory diseases of the subcutaneous fat -- Bacterial diseases -- Treponemal diseases -- Fungal diseases -- Protozoan diseases and parasitic infestations --
- Levin and O'Neal's The diabetic foot. 7th ed. 2008, ClinicalKeyFully updated, now in full color, this latest edition of Levin and O'Neal's The Diabetic Foot provides diagnostic and management information for the challenging problems faced by patients with diabetic foot problems. The book has a team care focus and offers tips and pearls in every chapter.
- Levine's Pharmacology drug actions and reactions. 7th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialThe heritage of pharmacology -- The scope of pharmacology -- How drugs act on the living organism -- How drugs reach their site of action: -- I. General principles of passage of drugs across biologic barriers. -- II. Absorption. -- III. Distribution -- How the actions of drugs are terminated: -- I. Excretion. -- II. Biotransformation -- General principles of the quantitative aspects of drug action: -- I. Dose-response relationships. -- II. Time-response relationships -- Factors modifying the effects of drugs in individuals: -- I. Variability in response attributable to the biologic system. -- II. Variability in response attributable to the conditions of administration -- Drug toxicity -- How drugs alter physiologic function -- The pharmacologic aspects of drug abuse -- The development and evaluation of new drugs.
- Levodopa-induced dyskinesia in Parkinson's disease 2014, SpringerThis book aims to provide a single reference source on levodopa-induced dyskinesias (LID) from ?bench to bedside?. Initial chapters review the clinical features and phenomenology of LID with video examples; epidemiology and genetic risk factors for LID are covered as a background to understanding risk factors for developing LID. The following chapters cover the latest preclinical studies aiming to understand the pathophysiology of LID at the cellular, neurochemical, neurophysiological and circuitry level with detailed discussion of mechanisms and future directions to take the field forward; clinical studies from phase II to phase IV; ongoing RCTs in LID; and evidence-based medicine reviews of treatment options. Levodopa-Induced Dyskinesia in Parkinson?s Disease is aimed at an international audience of movement disorder neurologists; neuroscientists; trainees; and graduate and post-graduate students.
- Lewin's Genes. X Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Leydig cell in health and disease 2007, Springer
- Thinking about the future of libraries, librarianship and the work librarians do is as old as libraries themselves. (No doubt seminars were organized by the Alexandria Librarians Association on the future of the scroll and what to do about the rising barbarian tide.) At no time in our memory, though, have these discussions and conversations been so profound and critical. Here one of today's leading thinkers and speakers about the future of libraries brings together 30 leaders from all types of libraries and from outside librarianship to describe their vision of what the library will be in 2020. Contributors and Library Journal's The Annoyed Librarian were asked to describe the "library of 2020, "in whatever terms they wanted, either a specific library or situation or libraries in general. They were told: "be bold, be inspirational, be hopeful, be true, be provocative, be realistic, be depressing, be light-hearted, be thoughtful, be fun, be yourself, and for heaven's sake, don't be boring." Not that they could be. Broadly representative of important perspectives and aspects within the profession as well as featuring important voices beyond the professional realm, Library 2020 presents thought-provoking and illuminating visions from many points of view. It is both required reading for library leaders and trustees as well as an ideal supplemental text for LIS classes looking at the future of the profession.
- Licensed to practice the Supreme Court defines the American medical profession Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialMedical regulation in the United States through the Civil War -- Dr. Reeves and the founding -- Building the "True Church" -- Challenges from within -- Securing legislation -- Exercising power -- The dents confront the board -- The West Virginia State Supreme Court -- Conflict and enforcement -- The United States Supreme Court -- American medical practice after Dent.
- Lichtman's Atlas of Hematology 2007, AccessMedicineProvides on-line access to images that are characteristic of a wide array of hematological disorders and other disorders that affect the blood, enhancing written descriptions found in Williams Hematology and other relevant medical books.
- Life after residency a career planning guide 2009, Springer
- Life as we know it 2006, Springer
- Life in crisis the ethical journey of Doctors without Borders Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialA time of crisis -- A secular value of life -- Vital mobility -- Moral witness -- Human frontiers -- The problem of triage -- The longue durée of disease -- The verge of crisis -- Action beyond optimism.
- Life in extreme environments 2007, Springer
- Life of Ernest Starling 2005, ScienceDirect
- Life with epidermolysis bullosa (EB) etiology, diagnosis, multidisciplinary care, and therapy 2009, Springer
- Life writing and schizophrenia encounters at the edge of meaning 2013, IngentaConnectHow do you write your life story when readers expect you not to make sense? How do you write a case history that makes sense when, face to face with schizophrenia, your ability to tell a diagnostic story begins to fall apart? This book examines work in several genres of life writing-autobiography, memoir, case history, autobiographical fiction-focused either on what it means to live with schizophrenia or what it means to understand and 'treat' people who have received that diagnosis. Challenging the romanticized connection between literature and madness, Life Writing and Schizophrenia explores
- Print MaterialThe development of the placenta was a pivotal event in evolution. The long and tortuous evolutionary road which led from egg-laying reptiles to present-day placental mammals like ourselves was an epic journey spanning over 300 million years. Without the placenta, we would still be laying eggs, instead of giving birth to live offspring. Loke provides an engaging look at this remarkable organ, tracing the life of the placenta from the moment it is created within a fertilized egg, through its brief but eventful stay within the womb.
- Life-span extension single-cell organisms to man 2009, Springer
- Life-threatening dermatoses and emergencies in dermatology 2009, Springer
View by page
- Laboratory and diagnostic tests with nursing implications. 7th ed. — Lean thinking for healthcare (100)
- Learn to Use TOXNET : TOXNET Training Class Schedule and Workbook — Life-threatening dermatoses and emergencies in dermatology (100)
- Lifelong learning-- signs, discourses, practices — Localization in clinical neurology. 6th ed. (100)
- LocusLink — Lysosomes and lysosomal diseases (60)
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Access restricted to Stanford community
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
Can't find it?
Look if we have it in print
- Springer Protocols
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Large number of high quality software and database programming titles from O'Reilly. Other software titles are also available from Sams and Prentice Hall. Limited to 7 concurrent users.Vast collection of software and database programming titles from multiple publishers, including Microsoft Press.Largest provider of engineering-related eBooks; includes titles in computer science and biomedical engineering.Over 4,000 full-text e-books covering scientific and technical information from CRC Press and others. Many handbooks and single volume reference sources.A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more. Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.Includes peer-reviewed life science and biomedical research protocols compiled from Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods in Molecular Medicine, Methods in Biotechnology, Methods in Pharmacology and Toxicology, Neuromethods, the Biomethods Handbook, the Proteomics Handbook, and Springer Laboratory Manuals.Contains full text access to selected biomedical and nursing books.Provides one-click access to important clinical resources; includes evidence-based diagnosis and treatment guidelines, Books, EBM articles, Ovid MEDLINE, Drug facts and comparisons, Drug interaction facts, guidelines from National Guideline Clearinghouse, patient handouts (English and Spanish), and local content.ClinicalKey provides access to textbooks, electronic journals, practice guidelines, drug information, and patient education handouts.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.Provides online, full-text access to Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers. Subjects include: life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics and astronomy, engineering and economics. Also includes eBooks.Collection of over 8 thousand fulltext titles in engineering, math, and basic and applied biomedical research. Coverage is from 1967 to the present.A library of ebooks on a wide array of topics, digitized and made available online in conjunction with the original publishers.