View by page
- Laboratory and diagnostic tests with nursing implications. 7th ed. — Lead molecules from natural products discovery and new trends (100)
- Leadership in healthcare — Levine's Pharmacology drug actions and reactions. 7th ed. (100)
- Levodopa-induced dyskinesia in Parkinson's disease — Liver metastasis biology and clinical management (100)
- Liver MRI correlation with other imaging modalities and histopathology. Second edition. [2nd ed.] — Lysosomes and lysosomal diseases (91)
- Print MaterialLaboratory tests -- Diagnostic tests -- Laboratory/diagnostic assessments of body function -- Therapeutic drug monitoring (TDM) -- School health services: education, screening and testing.
- Print Material
- Laboratory animal anaesthesia. 3rd ed. 2009ScienceDirectPreparing for anaesthesia -- Anaesthesia -- Anaesthetic management -- Special techniques -- Analgesia and post-operative care -- Anaesthesia of common laboratory species : special considerations.
- Laboratory animal medicine. 2nd ed. 2002ScienceDirect
- Laboratory animal welfare 2014ScienceDirectLaboratory Animal Welfare provides a comprehensive, up-to-date look into the new science of animal welfare within laboratory research. Animals specifically considered include rodents, cats and dogs, nonhuman primates, agricultural animals, avian animals and aquatic animals. The book examines the impact of experiment design and environment on animal welfare, as well as emergency situations and euthanasia practices. Readers will benefit from a review of regulations and policy guidelines concerning lab animal use, as well as information on assessing animal welfare. With discussions of the history and ethics of animals in research, and a debate on contemporary and international issues, this book is a go-to resource for laboratory animal welfare.
- Laboratory animals regulations and recommendations for global collaborative research 2014ScienceDirect1. Same principles, some differences / Javier Guillen and Patri Vergara -- 2. Oversight of research animal welfare in the United States / John F. Bradfield, B. Taylor Bennett, and Cynthia S. Gillett -- 3. Canada's oversight of animal use in science / Gilly Griffin and Michael Baar -- 4. Laboratory animal science legislation in Latin America / Ekaterina Akimovna Botovchenco Rivera [and three others] -- 5. The European framework on research animal welfare regulations and guidelines / Javier Guillen [and three others] -- 6. Israeli legislation and regulation on the use of animals in biological and medical research / Rony Kalman [and three others] -- 7. Animal experimentation in Africa : legislation and guidelines / Amanda R. Hau [and five others] -- 8. Laws, regulations, and guidelines shaping research animal care and use in India / Syed SYH Qadri and Christian E. Newcomer -- 9. Oversight of animal research in China / Kathryn Bayne and Jianfei Wang -- 10. Laws, regulations, guidelines, and principles pertaining to laboratory animals in Far East Asia / Tsutomu Miki-Kurosawa, Jae Hak Park, and Chou-Chu Hong -- 11. Laws, regulations, guidelines, and principles pertaining to laboratory animals in Southeast Asia / Montip Gettayacamin [and eight others] -- 12. Laboratory animals regulations and recommendations for global collaborative research : Australia and New Zealand / John Schofield [and three others].
- Laboratory biosecurity handbook 2007CRCnetBASE
- Laboratory diagnosis in neurology 2010Thieme"Up-to-date, comprehensive, and beautifully illustrated, Laboratory Diagnosis in Neurology presents all the measuring parameters and methods relevant to the analysis of cerebrospinal fluid, serum, and tissues affected by neurologic disease and syndromes. Following an introduction to basic concepts, the book guides clinicians through the methods of CSF analysis, neurochemical examinations, clinical applications of neuroimmunology, microbiology and virology, neurogenetic tests, and evaluation of biopsies. Readers will learn about the equipment and various procedures, and how to effectively differentiate similar methods. In the final section of the book, the authors provide a systematic introduction to the pathophysiology and laboratory findings for specific clinical disorders, indications for particular test methods, and criteria for diagnostic interpretation"--Provided by publisher.
- Laboratory ferret 2012CRCnetBASE"This book deals with the care and humane treatment of the laboratory ferret. Renowned for its inquisitive nature, the ferret is helping advance the current state of medical knowledge because its biological characteristics have allowed it to emerge as an important laboratory animal model for the study of human viral respiratory diseases such as influenza"--Provided by publisher.
- Laboratory fish 2000ScienceDirect
- 1. Historical Perspective -- 2. LIMS Fundamentals: Overview of Laboratory Information System Development and Project Planning -- 3. Data Management and Basic LIMS: Functional Requirements and Features -- 4. Data Management and Advanced LIMS: Functional Requirements and Features -- 5. Life Cycle of LIMS Software Development -- 6. Regulatory Requirements -- 7. Hardware and Operating System Requirements -- 8. Obtaining Laboratory Personnel Input -- 9. Critical Elements in Preparing a Request for Proposal -- 10. LIMS Evaluations -- 11. Enhancing Data Quality with LIMS -- 12. LIMS Validation -- Appendix A: Sample Request for Proposal -- Appendix B: Sample Scripted Demonstration -- Index.
- Print Materialv. 1. Clinical chemistry -- v. 2. Hematology and blood banking. Medical microbiology, serology, and immunology -- v. 3. Special techniques -- v. 4. Body fluids, including urine. Cytology and cytogenetics. Laboratory management and function -- v.  Index.
- Cell biology spans among the widest diversity of methods in the biological sciences. From physical chemistry to microscopy, cells have given up with secrets only when the questions are asked in the right way! This new volume of Methods in Cell Biology covers laboratory methods in cell biology, and includes methods that are among the most important and elucidating in the discipline, such as transfection, cell enrichment and magnetic batch separation. Covers the most important laboratory methods in cell biology Chapters written by experts in their fields.
- Laboratory methods in cell biology imaging. 1st ed. 2013ScienceDirectStructural dynamics of nucleic acids by single-molecule FRET / Asger Christian Krüger, Lasse Lava Hildebrandt, Sofie Louise Kragh, Victoria Birkedal -- Visualizing the location and the dynamics of gene expression in living animals through bioluminescence imaging / Xiaojuan Chen -- Quality control protocol for confocal system / Anda Cornea -- Electron microscopy of bone / V. Everts, K.A. Hoeben -- Immunostaining : detection of signaling protein location in tissues, cells and subcellular compartments / Biswanath Maity, David Sheff, Rory A. Fisher -- Bimolecular fluorescence complementation (BiFC) analysis of protein-protein interaction : how to calculate signal-to-noise ratio / Yutaka Kodama, Chang-Deng Hu -- Immunohistochemical detection of neuropeptides/transmitters in mammalian brain / Lothar Jennes -- Intravital imaging of autoreactive T. cells in living animals / Naoto Kawakami, Ingo Bartholomäus, Marija Pesic, Nikolaos I. Kyratsous -- Genetically encoded click chemistry for single-molecule FRET of proteins / Swati Tyagi, Edward A. Lemke -- High-throughput methods for the detection of protein overexpression using fluorescence markers / Mads Gabrielsen, Andrew J. Roe, Karen McLuskey -- Correlative microscopy / Alexander A. Mironov, Galina V. Beznoussenko -- Stereology of the lung / Jan Philipp Schneider, Matthias Ochs -- Quantitative 3D cell-based assay performed with cellular spheroids and fluorescence microscopy / Nariman Ansari, Stefanie Müller, Ernst H.K. Stelzer, Francesco Pampaloni -- Optimizing fluorescence excitation and detection for intravital two-photon microscopy / Dan Suan, Henry R. Hampton, Michio Tomura, Osami Kanagawa, Tatyana Chtanova, Tri Giang Phan -- Two-dimensional crystallization by dialysis for structural studies of membrane proteins by the cryo-EM method electron crystallography / Matthew C. Johnson, Ingeborg Schmidt-Krey -- In situ hybridization / Chung-Jui Tsai, Scott A. Harding -- RNA imaging : tracking in real-time RNA transport in neurons using molecular beacons and confocal microscopy / Angélica Zepeda, Clorinda Arias, Fabian Flores-Jasso, Luis Vaca.
- Laboratory methods in enzymology : Protein. Part A-D pt. A-D, 2014-15.ScienceDirectpt. B ScienceDirectpt. C ScienceDirectpt. d ScienceDirect
- Laboratory methods in enzymology cell, lipid and carbohydrate 2013ScienceDirectSection I. Cell protocols : basic microbiological techniques. Pouring agar plates and streaking or spreading to isolate individual colonies / Elizabeth Eyler ; Storage of bacteria and yeast / Cheryl M. Koh -- Section II. Cell protocols : cellular fractionation. Cellular fractionation : mammalian cells / Joerg von Hagen and Uwe Michelsen ; Cellular fractionation : yeast cells / Joerg von Hagen and Uwe Michelsen -- Section III. Cell protocols : Knock-outs and gene replacements. Yeast-gene replacement using PCR products / Megan Bergkessel, Christine Guthrie, and John Abelson ; Measuring RNAi knockdown using qPCR / Stuart Milstein, Michael Nguyen, Rachel Meyers, and Antonin de Fougerolles ; Recombineering : using drug cassettes to knock out genes in vivo / James A. Sawitzke, Lynn C. Thomason, Mikhail Bubunenko, Xintian Li, Nina Costantino, and Donald L. Court ; Gene knockouts, in vivo site-directed mutagenesis and other modifications using the delitto perfetto system in Saccharomyces cerevisiae / Samantha Stuckey and Francesca Storici ; Gene targeting and site-specific recombination in mouse ES cells / Konstantinos Anastassiadis, Frank Schnütgen, Harald von Melchner, and A. Francis Stewart ; Recombineering : highly efficient in vivo genetic engineering using single-strand oligos / James A. Sawitzke, Lynn C. Thomason, Mikhail Bubunenko, Xintian Li, Nina Costantino, and Donald L. Court -- Section IV. Cell protocols : microbiological media. Growth media for E. coli / Juliane C. Lessard ; Saccharomyces cerevisiae growth media / Jessica S. Dymond --Section V. Cell protocols : preparation of slides for microscopy. Immunohistochemistry on freely floating fixed tissue sections / Julia Bachman ; Preparation of slides for microscopy from frozen tissue sections / Julia Bachman ; Preparation of formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue for immunohistochemistry / Kirstie Canene-Adams ; Preparation of cells for microscopy using cytospin / Cheryl M. Koh ; Preparation of cells for microscopy using chamber slides and coverslips / Cheryl M. Koh ; Preparation of cells for microscopy using 'cell blocks' / Cheryl M. Koh -- Section VI. Lipid and carbohydrate protocols. Enzymatic deglycosylation of glycoproteins / Min-Sung Kim and Dan Leahy -- Section VII. Lipid and carbohydrate protocol : making vesicles and micelles. Preparation of fatty acid or phospholipid vesicles by thin-film rehydration / Ting F. Zhu, Itay Budin, and Jack W. Szostak ; Vesicle extrusion through polycarbonate track-etched membranes using a hand-held mini-extruder / Ting F. Zhu, Itay Budin, and Jack W. Szostak ; Preparation of fatty acid micelles / Ting F. Zhu, Itay Budin, and Jack W. Szostak -- Section VIII. Other protocols. Reverse-phase HPLC analysis and purification of small molecules / Kirstie Canene-Adams ; Thin layer chromatography / Marina Santiago and Scott Strobel ; ATP and GTP hydrolysis assays (TLC) / Vaishnavi Rajagopal and Jon R. Lorsch.
- Laboratory methods in enzymology DNA. First edition [1st ed.] 2013ScienceDirectExplanatory chapter: PCR primer design / Rubén Álvarez-Fernández -- How plasmid preparation kits work / Laura Koontz -- Introducing exogenous DNA into cells / Laura Koontz -- Agarose gel electrophoresis / Laura Koontz -- Analysis of DNA by southern blotting / Gary Glenn and Lefkothea-Vasiliki Andreou -- Purification of DNA oligos by denaturing polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (PAGE) / Sara Lopez-Gomollon and Francisco Esteban Nicolas -- Molecular cloning / Juliane C. Lessard -- Rapid creation of stable mammalian cell lines for regulated expression of proteins using the Gateway® recombination cloning technology and Flp-In T-REx® lines / Jessica Spitzer, Markus Landthaler, and Thomas Tuschl -- Restrictionless cloning / Mikkel A. Algire -- Isolation of plasmid DNA from bacteria / Lefkothea-Vasiliki Andreou -- Preparation of genomic DNA from bacteria / Lefkothea-Vasiliki Andreou -- Preparation of genomic DNA from Saccharomyces cerevisiae / Jessica S. Dymond -- Isolation of genomic DNA from mammalian cells / Cheryl M. Koh -- Sanger dideoxy sequencing of DNA / Sarah E. Walker and Jon Lorsch -- Preparation of fragment libraries for next-generation sequencing on the applied biosystems SOLiD platform / Srinivasan Yegnasubramanian -- Next generation sequencing / Srinivasan Yegnasubramanian -- Generating mammalian stable cell lines by electroporation / Patti A. Longo, Jennifer M. Kavran, Min-Sung Kim, and Daniel J. Leahy -- Transient mammalian cell transfection with polyethylenimine (PEI) / Patti A. Longo, Jennifer M. Kavran, Min-Sung Kim, and Daniel J. Leahy -- Site-directed mutagenesis / Julia Bachman -- PCR-based random mutagenesis / Jessica S. Dymond -- Megaprimer method for mutagenesis of DNA / Craig W. Vander Kooi -- Troubleshooting PCR / Kirstie Canene-Adams -- Quantitative PCR / Jessica S. Dymond -- General PCR / Kirstie Canene-Adams -- Colony PCR / Megan Bergkessel and Christine Guthrie -- Chemical transformation of yeast / Megan Bergkessel and Christine Guthrie -- Transformation of E. coli via electroporation / Juliane C. Lessard -- Transformation of chemically competent E. coli / Rachel Green and Elizabeth J. Rogers.
- Laboratory methods in enzymology RNA. First edition [1st ed.] 2013ScienceDirectComputational prediction of RNA secondary structure -- Reverse-transcription PCR (RT-PCR) -- Northern blotting -- Explanatory chapter: nuclease protection assays -- In vitro transcription from plasmid or PCR-amplified DNA -- Measurement of in vivo synthesis rates -- Method for measuring mRNA decay rate in saccharomyces cerevisiae -- Analysis of polysomes from bacteria -- Polysome profile analysis - yeast -- Polysome analysis of mammalian cells -- Polysome analysis for determining mRNA and ribosome association in saccharomyces cerevisiae -- Oligo(dT)-primed RT-PCR isolation of polyadenylated RNA degradation intermediates -- Circularized RT-PCR (cRT-PCR): analysis of the 5' ends, 3' ends, and poly(A) tails of RNA -- RNA radiolabeling -- Fluorescently labeling synthetic RNAs -- Analysis of RNA by analytical polyacrylamide gel -- RNA purification by preparative polyacrylamide gel -- Explanatory chapter: nucleic acid concentration determination -- RNA purification-precipitation methods -- Reverse transcriptase dideoxy sequencing of RNA -- RNA structure experimental analysis-chemical modification -- Structural analysis of RNA backbone using in-line probing.
- Laboratory mouse 2001CRCnetBASE
- Laboratory mouse. 2nd ed. 2012ScienceDirect
- Laboratory nonhuman primate 2002CRCnetBASE
- Laboratory primate 2005ScienceDirect
- Laboratory Protocols in Fungal Biology presents the latest techniques in fungal biology. This book analyzes information derived through real experiments, and focuses on cutting edge techniques in the field. The book comprises 57 chapters contributed from internationally recognised scientists and researchers. Experts in the field have provided up-to-date protocols covering a range of frequently used methods in fungal biology. Almost all important methods available in the area of fungal biology viz. taxonomic keys in fungi; histopathological and microscopy techniques; proteomics methods; genomics methods; industrial applications and related techniques; and bioinformatics tools in fungi are covered and complied in one book. Chapters include introductions to their respective topics, list of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and notes on troubleshooting. Each chapter is self-contained and written in a style that enables the reader to progress from elementary concepts to advanced research techniques. Laboratory Protocols in Fungal Biology is a valuable tool for both beginner research workers and experienced professionals.
- Laboratory rabbit, guinea pig, hamster, and other rodents. 1st ed. 2012ScienceDirectThe Laboratory Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Hamster, and Other Rodents is a single volume, comprehensive book sanctioned by the American College of Laboratory Animal Medicine (ACLAM), covering the rabbit, guinea pig, hamster, gerbil and other rodents often used in research. This well illustrated reference includes basic biology, anatomy, physiology, behavior, infectious and noninfectious diseases, husbandry and breeding, common experimental methods, and use of the species as a research model. With many expert contributors, this will be an extremely valuable publication for biomedical researchers, laboratory animal veternarians and other professionals engaged in laboratory animal science. A new gold standard publication from the American College of Laboratory Animal Medicine series One stop resource for advancements in the humane and responsible care of: rabbit, guinea pig, hamster, gerbil, chinchilla, deer mouse, kangaroo rat, cotton rat, sand rat, and degu Includes up-to-date, common experimental methods Organized by species for easy access during bench research.
- Laboratory rat. 2nd ed. 2013CRCnetBASEImportant biological features -- Husbandry -- Management -- Veterinary care -- Experimental methodology.
- Laboratory rat. 2nd ed. 2006ScienceDirectHistorical foundations / J. Russell Lindsey and Henry J. Baker -- Ethical and legal perspectives / Beverly J. Gnadt -- Taxonomy and stocks and strains / Hans J. Hedrich -- Morphophysiology / John Hofstetter, Mark A. Suckow, and Debra L. Hickman -- Clinical pathology of the rat / Bruce D. Car ... [et al.] -- Reproduction and breeding / Jeffrey J. Lohmiller and Sonya P. Swing -- Assisted reproductive technologies and genetic modifications in rats / Yuksel Agca and John K. Critser -- Analysis of behavior in laboratory rats / Ian Q. Whishaw ... [et al.] -- Nutrition / Sherry M. Lewis ... [et al.] -- Housing and environment / Robert E. Faith and Jack R. Hessler -- Bacterial, mycoplasmal and mycotic infections / Steven H. Weisbroth, Dannis F. Kohn, and Ron Boot -- Viral disease / Robert O. Jacoby and Diane J. Gaertner -- Parasitic diseases / David G. Baker -- Neoplastic disease / Gary A. Boorman and Jeffrey I. Everitt -- Metabolic, traumatic, and miscellaneous diseases / William W. King and Steven P. Russell -- Medical management and diagnostic approaches / Glen Otto and Craig L. Franklin -- Occupational health and safety / Sanford H. Feldman and David N. Easton -- Experimental modeling and research methodology / Michael A. Koch -- Anesthesia and analgesia / George A. Vogler -- Euthanasia and necropsy / Jeffrey I. Everitt and Elizabeth A. Gross -- Integrating biology with rat genomic tools / Carol Moreno-Quinn and Howard J. Jacob -- Gnotobiotics / Philip b. Carter and Henry L. Foster -- Spontaneous, surgically and chemically induced models of disease / Dwight R. Owens -- The nude rat / Martha A. Hanes -- Gerontology and age-associated lesions / Nancy L. Nadon -- Cardiovascular research / Peter G. Anderson, Sanford P. Bishop, and J. Thomas Peterson -- Toxicology / Thomas E. Hamm, Mary Ann Vasbinder, and Angela King-Herbert -- Embryology and teratology / Carol Erb -- Immunology / Veronica Jennings and Dirck Dillehay -- Wild and black rats / Marc Hulin and Robert Quinn.
- Laboratory Statistics: Handbook of Formulas and Terms presents common strategies for comparing and evaluating numerical laboratory data. In particular, the text deals with the type of data and problems that laboratory scientists and students in analytical chemistry, clinical chemistry, epidemiology, and clinical research face on a daily basis. This book takes the mystery out of statistics and provides simple, hands-on instructions in the format of everyday formulas. As far as possible, spreadsheet shortcuts and functions are included, along with many simple worked examples. This book is a must-have guide to applied statistics in the lab that will result in improved experimental design and analysis. Comprehensive coverage of simple statistical concepts familiarizes the reader with formatted statistical expressionSimple, worked examples make formulas easy to use in real lifeSpreadsheet functions demonstrate how to find immediate solutions to common problemsIn-depth indexing and frequent use of synonyms facilitate the quick location of appropriate procedures.
- Laboratory tests and diagnostic procedures. 6th ed. 2013ClinicalKey"Look no further for quick, complete answers to questions such as which laboratory tests to order or what the results might mean. Laboratory Tests And Diagnostic Procedures, 5th Edition covers more tests than any other reference of its kind, with over 900 lab tests and diagnostic procedures in all. In Part I, you'll find a unique, alphabetical list of hundreds of diseases, conditions, and symptoms, including the tests and procedures most commonly used to confirm or rule out a suspected diagnosis. Part II presents key information on virtually every laboratory and diagnostic test available. All test entries are up-to-date, concise, complete, and consistently presented, making this resource the perfect choice for students or practitioners who need fast, accurate information on diagnostic tests."--Publisher's website.
- Print Material"Even though Xenopus is one of the two most popular non-mammalian animals used in biomedical research, their value in the lab suffers from a lack of standardization regarding their optimal care, breeding, and housing." "Filling the need for such a reference, The Laboratory Xenopus sp. provides researchers and lab managers with a practical, step-by-step manual that emphasizes the humane care and use of captive clawed frogs in basic as well as biomedical, and toxicological research." "Supported with hypothesis-driven research, this well-organized manual explores the full range of responsibilities facing individuals who work with this species. The content is divided into intentionally brief sections that allow for the quick retrieval of essential information regarding important biological features and experimental methodology, as well as compliance and veterinary care, husbandry, housing, and water quality management."--BOOK JACKET.
- LabVIEW advanced programming techniques 2001CRCnetBASE
- Lacrimal system diagnosis, management, and surgery 2006SpringerAnatomy of the lacrimal system -- Gender and racial variations of the lacrimal system -- Nasal anatomy and evaluation -- Congenital etiologies of lacrimal system obstructions -- Acquired etiologies of lacrimal system obstructions -- Evaluation of the tearing patient -- Imaging and clinical evaluation of the lacrimal drainage system -- The tear-deficient patient -- Surgery of the punctum and canaliculus -- Lacrimal trauma -- Primary external dacryocystorhinostomy -- Primary endonasal dacryocystorhinostomy -- Transcanalicular dacryocystorhinostomy -- Conjunctivodacryocystorhinostomy -- Endoscopic conjunctivodacryocystorhinostomy -- Pediatric balloon catheter dacryocystoplasty -- Balloon-assisted dacryoplasty in adults -- Balloon-assisted lacrimal surgery -- Nine-millimeter endoscopic balloon dacryocystorhinostomy: a new, less-invasive procedure for tearing in adults -- Radiofrequency dacryocystorhinostomy -- Powered endoscopic dacryocystorhinostomy -- Laser dacryocystorhinostomy: part 1. laser-assisted endonasal endoscopic dacryocystorhinostomy -- Laser dacryocystorhinostomy: part 2. laser-assisted endonasal endoscopic dacryocystorhinostomy with the holmium:YAG laser -- Laser dacryocystorhinostomy: part 3. laser-assisted endonasal endoscopic dacryocystorhinostomy with the potassium titanyl phosphate laser -- Revision dacryocystorhinostomy -- The adjunctive use of mitomycin C in dacryocystorhinostomy -- The Griffiths nasolacrimal catheter -- The Sisler lacrimal canalicular trephine.
- While there are books that review lacrimal system disorders and surgery as a section of comprehensive oculoplastic textbooks, The Lacrimal System: Diagnosis, Management and Surgery solely addresses Lacrimology in one concise, practical volume. Building off of the success of the first edition, this text includes significantly updated information, new authors from around the world as well as new chapters that are complete with high quality images and illustrations. Lacrimal surgeries are commonly performed by oculoplastic surgeons and range from alleviating lacrimal system obstructions in children with congenital dysmorphology to minimally invasive lacrimal system reconstruction. The second edition of this book meets the needs of practicing physicians, fellows, and residents who are managing the tearing patient clinically and surgically.
- Print Materialv. 1. The mammary gland: development and maintenance -- v. 2. Biosynthesis and secretion of milk. Diseases -- v. 3. Nutrition and biochemistry of milk. Maintenance.
- "Updated with the substantial progress made in lactic acid and bacteria research since the third edition, this fourth volume discusses improved insights in genetics and new molecular biological techniques. Thoroughly reorganized, this book incorporates the recent changes in new molecular techniques and the mechanistic understanding of probiotic functionality. The book remains firmly grounded in the basics of lactic acid bacteria; their genetics and taxonomy, their application in food and feed preparation, their health properties, and the legal issues associated with their use"--Provided by publisher.
- Lactoferrin and its role in wound healing 2012Springer"Lactoferrin was first identified as an iron-binding glycoprotein abundantly found in milk. It has been considered to play important roles in host defense, since lactoferrin shows broad spectrum of anti-bacterial and anti-viral activities, arising from its iron-chelating property. Furthermore, lactoferrin can regulate the function of innate and adaptive immune cells and exhibits immuno-modulating properties. These activities of lactoferrin implicate that potential use of lactoferrin as a wound healing agent. In addition, this book shows that lactoferrin is a potent regulator of dermal fibroblasts and epidermal keratinocytes, and promotes skin or corneal epithelial wound healing by increasing their proliferation, migration or deposition of extracellular matrix (ECM) components such as collagen and hyaluronan. This book provides the scientific background on use of lactoferrin as a wound healing agent. Indeed, lactoferrin exerts its biological effects by binding to specific lactoferrin receptors on target cells. This book also covers the in-depth information on roles of lactoferrin as a signaling molecule."--Publisher's website.
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Print MaterialNeurovascular neurosurgery / A.L. Green, R.D. Johnson, R.S.C. Kerr -- Neuro-oncology / R.D. Johnson, K.J. Drummond, K.J.O.L. Khu, M. Bernstein -- Head injury / R.D. Johnson, T. Santarius, J.E. Wilberger -- Spinal surgery / R.D. Johnson, J.C.D. Leach, W.A. Liebenberg, N. Maartens, S.A. Cudlip -- Functional and epilepsy neurosurgery / A.L. Green, R.D. Johnson, A. Astradsson, R.J. Stacey, T.Z. Aziz -- Paediatric neurosurgery / R.D. Johnson, P. Richards, J. Jayamohan, S. Sinha.
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Print MaterialReview of hundreds of commonly tested diseases. Covers diseases and syndromes likely to be tested on the USMLE step 2 exam.
- Print Material
- Print MaterialCardiology -- Skin -- Endocrinology -- Gastroenterology -- Hematology -- Oncology -- Diseases of the nervous system -- Kidneys -- Muscles and joints -- Infection -- Immunology and allergy -- Diseases of the respiratory system -- Clinical pharmacology -- Comprehensive review.
- Print MaterialInternal medicine / Ann M. Mcguire and Michael Bonner -- Obstetrics and gynecology / E. James Aiman and Michael R. Lund -- Pediatrics / Rainer G. Gedeit -- Preventive medicine / Stephen K. Liu -- Psychiatry / Jon A. Lehrmann -- Surgery / Kelli Brown and Travis Webb -- Practice test block 1 -- Practice test block 2 -- Practice test block 3 -- Practice test block 4 -- Practice test block 5 -- Practice test block 6 -- Practice test block 7 -- Practice test block 8.
- Print Material
- Lange Q & A. Surgery. 5th ed. 2007AccessSurgery, Users must register and sign in to take a testSurgical critical care/pre and post operative care / Nanakram Agarwal and Akella Chendrasekhar -- Skin, soft tissue, and breast / Aloysius Smith and Andrew Ashikari -- Endocrine, head, and neck / Alan S. Berkower and Prakashchandra Rao -- Cardiac and thoracic / Marshall D. Kramer and E.A. Bonfils-Roberts -- Stomach, duodenum, and esophagus / Soula Priovolos and Max Goldberg -- Small and large intestins and appendix / Evelyn Irizarry and Nicholas A. Balsano -- Pancreas, biliary tract, liver, and spleen / Valerie L. Katz and Akella Chendrasekhar -- Hernia / Max Goldberg and Nanakram Agarwal -- Male and female genitourinary systems / Sean Fullerton and David Samadi -- Vascular / Nilesh N. Balar and Mayank V. Patel -- Neurosurgery / Kamran Tabaddor -- Trauma / C. Gene Cayten and Rao R. Ivatury -- Pediatric surgery / Tyr Ohling Wilbanks and Meno Lueders -- Practice test / James E. Barone and C. Gene Cayten.
- Print Material
- Lange Self-assessment toolAccessMedicine, Stanford users must registerAccess to 3000+ exam questions.
- Langman's Medical embryology T.W. Sadler ; original illustrations by Jill Leland ; computer illustrations by Susan L. Sadler-Redmond ; scanning electron micrographs by Kathy Tosney and Jennifer Burgoon ; ultrasound images by Nancy Cheschier and Hytham Imseis.. 10th ed.Print MaterialEmbryology : old and new frontiers and an introduction to molecular regulation and signaling -- Gametogenesis : conversion of germ cells into male and female gametes -- First week of development : ovulation to implantation -- Second week of development : bilaminar germ disc -- Third week of development : trilaminar germ disc -- Third to eighth weeks : the embryonic period -- Third month to birth : the fetus and placenta -- Birth defects and prenatal diagnosis -- Skeletal system -- Muscular system -- Body cavities -- Cardiovascular system -- Respiratory system -- Digestive system -- Urogenital system -- Head and neck -- Central nervous system -- Ear -- Eye -- Integumentary system.
- Print MaterialEmbryology : old and new frontiers and an introduction to molecular regulation and signaling -- Gametogenesis : conversion of germ cells into male and female gametes -- First week of development : ovulation to implantation -- Second week of development : bilaminar germ disc -- Third week of development : trilaminar germ disc -- Third to eighth weeks : the embryonic period -- Third month to birth : the fetus and placenta -- Birth defects and prenatal diagnosis -- Skeletal system -- -- Muscular system -- Body cavities -- Cardiovascular system -- Respiratory system -- Digestive system -- Urogenital system -- Head and neck -- Central nervous system -- Ear -- Eye -- Integumentary system.
- Language and the brain representation and processing 2000ScienceDirect
- Print Material"This book explores the relationships between language, music, and the brain by pursuing four key themes and the crosstalk among them: song and dance as a bridge between music and language; multiple levels of structure from brain to behavior to culture; the semantics of internal and external worlds and the role of emotion; and the evolution and development of language. The book offers specially commissioned expositions of current research accessible both to experts across disciplines and to non-experts. These chapters provide the background for reports by groups of specialists that chart current controversies and future directions of research on each theme." -- [Publisher-supplied data]
- Laparoscopic and robot-assisted surgery in urology atlas of standard procedures. [1st ed.] 2011SpringerUpper Urinary Tract (Kidney, Ureter and Adrenal Gland) / Jens-Uwe Stolzenburg, Rowan Casey, Jens Mondry, Minh Do and Anja Dietel, et al. -- Lympadenectomy / Ingolf A. Türk, Rowan Casey, Jens-Uwe Stolzenburg, Panagiotis Kallidonis and Minh Do, et al. -- Urinary Bladder and Prostate / Thilo Schwalenberg, Jochen Neuhaus, Panagiotis Kallidonis, Evangelos N. Liatsikos and Jens-Uwe Stolzenburg, et al. -- Paediatric Urology / Holger Till, Jens-Uwe Stolzenburg and Ulrike Waldschmidt -- Miscellaneous / Jens-Uwe Stolzenburg, Evangelos N. Liatsikos, Thilo Schwalenberg, Tim Häfner and Minh Do, et al.
- Print Material
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy an evidence-based guide 2014Springer"his book, written by expert surgeons, offers a comprehensive and up-to-date overview of all aspects of laparoscopic cholecystectomy. Coverage includes the indications for surgery, anesthesia, establishment of pneumoperitoneum, surgical technique, and the prevention and management of complications. Performance of laparoscopic cholecystectomy in the specific contexts of biliary tree stones and acute cholecystitis is described. Extensive reference is made to the latest clinical evidence, and the real benefits of the laparoscopic approach, for example in terms of outcomes and day surgery, are carefully assessed. New technologies, including SILS, NOTES, robotic surgery, and miniaturized instruments, are reviewed. The learning curve and training are also extensively discussed, and an individual chapter is devoted to the views of international experts in the field. Some 20 years after the National Institutes of Health Consensus Conference first published recommendations regarding indications for laparoscopic cholecystectomy, it remains the gold standard approach and continues to evolve."--Publisher's website.
- Laparoscopic colorectal surgery. 2nd ed. 2006Springer
- Anatomy of the abdominal wall and vaginal entry in relation to complications of access and injury in laparoscopy / Tom A.J. Schneider -- Surgical technique of traditional laparoscopic access / Gernot Hudelist and Jorg Keckstein -- Laparoscopic abdominal entry by the ternamian threaded visual system / Artin Ternamian -- Initial access to the peritoneal cavity for laparoscopic surgery in obese patients / Charlotte Rabl and Guilherme M. Campos -- The direct optical access: a feasible, reliable, and safe laparoscopic entry / Andrea Tinelli -- Robotic assisted surgery and related abdominal entry / Crisitina Falavolti, Roberto Angioli, Patrizio Damiani, and Maurizio Buscarini -- Robotic assisted surgery entry into gynecological oncology / Farr R. Nezhat and Shao-Chun R. Chang-Jackson -- Single access surgery: less is more? / Tahar Benhidjeb, Michael Stark, Jakob R. Izbicki, and Oliver Mann -- Reduced port surgery: single port access to the abdominal and pelvic cavity / Paul G. Curcillo II, Stephanie A. King, and Erica R. Podolsky -- The evolution of minimally invasive gynecological surgery: gas-less laparoscopic inspection and single hole surgery (GLISHS) / Nicola Gasbarro, Maurizio Brusati, Pietro Lupo, Sandro Gerli, and Gian Carlo Di Renzo -- First abdominal access in gynecological laparoscopy: comparison of techniques / Antonio Malvasi and Andrea Tinelli -- Blind entry at gynecological laparoscopy is substituted by entry under sight: complications in conventional laparoscopic entry / Liselotte Mettler, Wael Sammur, and Antonio Malvasi -- Natural orifice surgery: surgical procedures through natural body openings / Michael Stark and Tahar Benhidjeb -- Access in natural orifice transvaginal endoscopic surgery / Daniel A. Tsin.
- Laparoscopic gastric banding 2011Springer
- Laparoscopic techniques in uro-oncology 2009Springer
- Laparoscopic urologic surgery in malignancies 2005Springer
- Laparoscopy in children. 2nd ed. 2013SpringerWhen Laparoscopy in Children was first published in 2003, it quickly became popular with pediatric surgeons worldwide owing to its clear schematic drawings and concise text. This new edition has been revised and enlarged to cover the new procedures and other advances that have emerged in the intervening period, during which the number of operations has almost doubled. Now, the vast majority of indications for laparoscopy in children are presented and discussed. Each operation is systematically described and illustrated step by step, providing the reader with the technical guidelines required to perform laparoscopy safely even in small children. Laparoscopy in Children will be an invaluable guide for all surgeons who perform, or plan to perform, such operations.
- Laron syndrome (LS), or primary growth hormone (GH) insensitivity, was first described in 1966. Since then, many patients worldwide have been diagnosed with LS, which involves defects in the GH receptor that cause combined congenital deficiency of GH and IGF-I activities. In this comprehensive book the authors draw upon 50 years of multidisciplinary clinical and investigative follow-up of the large Israeli cohort of LS patients. The genetic basis of the syndrome is fully considered, and all aspects of the pathophysiology of IGF-I deficiency are described. Data derived from the recently generated mouse model of LS are reviewed and compared with the human LS experience. Valuable advice is provided on treatment, and treatment effects, such as metabolic effects, adipose tissue alterations, and impact on aging, are fully explored. Together, this book condenses, consolidates, compares, and contrasts data derived from the human and mouse LS experiences and provides a unique resource for clinical and basic scientists to evaluate and compare IGF-I and GH actions.
- Print MaterialGametogenesis, fertilization, and first week -- Second week: becoming bilaminar and fully implanting -- Third week: becoming trilaminar and establishing body axes -- Fourth week: forming the embryo -- Principles and mechanisms of morphogenesis and dysmorphogenesis -- Fetal development and the fetus as patient -- Development of the skin and its derivatives -- Development of the musculoskeletal system -- Development of the central nervous system -- Development of the peripheral nervous system -- Development of the respiratory system and body cavities -- Development of the heart -- Development of the vasculature -- Development of the gastrointestinal tract -- Development of the urogenital system -- Development of the pharyngeal apparatus and face -- Development of the ears and eyes -- Development of the limbs.
- Larsen's human embryology. Fifth edition. [5th ed.] 2015ClinicalKeyGametogenesis, fertilization, and first week -- Second week : becoming bilaminar and fully implanting -- Third week : becoming trilaminar and establishing body axes -- Fourth week : forming the embryo -- Principles and mechanisms of morphogenesis and dysmorphogenesis -- Fetal development and the fetus as patient -- Development of the skin and Its derivatives -- Development of the musculoskeletal system -- Development of the central nervous system -- Development of the respiratory system and body cavities -- Development of the heart -- Development of the vasculature -- Development of the gastrointestinal tract -- Development of the urinary system -- Development of the pharyngeal apparatus and face -- Development of the ears -- Development of the eyes -- Development of the limbs.
- Print Material
- Part 1 Basics -- Basic Laser Physics -- Laser-Tissue Interactions -- Intense Pulsed Light Technology -- Part 2 Indications -- Benign Tumors and Organoid Nevi -- Facial Rejuvenation and Other Clinical Applications of Intense Pulsed Light -- Inflammatory Dermatoses: Acne -- Inflammatory Dermatoses: Other than Acne Vulgaris -- Laser-Assisted Liposuction -- Photoepilation of Unwanted Hair Growth -- Pigmentation and Hypopigmentation: Benign Pigmented Lesions -- Pigmentation and Hypopigmentation: Vitiligo and Other Disorders -- Precancerous Conditions and Malignant Tumors -- Scars, Keloids, and Stretch Marks -- Laser Treatment of Tattoos and Other Dyschromia -- Varicose Veins: Endovenous Laser Treatment -- Common Vascular Lesions -- Vascular Lesions: Port Wine Stains -- Vascular Lesions: Hemangiomas -- Rare Vascular Lesions -- Viral Infections -- Wrinkles and Acne Scars: Ablative and Nonablative Facial Resurfacing -- Wrinkles and Acne Scars: Technology-Based Treatment of Periorbital Wrinkles -- Wrinkles and Acne Scars: Fractional Ablative Lasers -- Wrinkles and Acne Scars: Fractional Nonablative Lasers -- Part 3 Special Aspects -- Complications in Laser Surgery and IPL Treatment -- Cooling Techniques -- Ethical Considerations in Aesthetic Medicine -- Photodynamic Therapy -- Quality Standards in Aesthetic Medicine -- Safety/Eye Protection -- Part 4 Afterword -- The Business of Laser Surgery How Our Lives are Challenged by Healthcare Regulations, the FDA, and Quackery -- The Hall of Shame.
- Laser capture microscopy and microdissection 2002ScienceDirect
- Laser dermatology. 2nd ed. 2013SpringerThis is the second edition of a well-received book that has been revised and updated to reflect the state of the art in laser and light source technology. After an initial chapter describing the latest understanding of laser physics and safety, subsequent chapters consider laser treatment of vascular lesions, laser treatment of pigmented lesions and tattoos, laser removal of unwanted hair, ablative and non-ablative fractional resurfacing, and use of laser treatment for medical purposes. The book is extremely practical and reader friendly. All chapters are very well illustrated, include quick and clear bullet points, and feature a homogeneous structure covering core concepts, currently available technologies, indications and contraindications, an example of a consent form, and the author's personal treatment approaches. The authors are without exception world experts in the field from North America or Europe.
- Laser manipulation of cells and tissues 2007ScienceDirect
- Lasers and lights. 3rd ed. 2013ClinicalKeyNow available as one streamlined volume, Lasers and Lights provides the most advanced treatments for rejuvenation, skin resurfacing, scars, and hair removal. You'll focus on procedural how-to's and get step-by-step advice on proper techniques, pitfalls, and tricks of the trade, so you can incorporate the very latest in lasers and lights into your busy practice! Expand your repertoire and refine your skills with Lasers and Lights, which contains a wealth of color illustrations and photographs depicting cases as they appear in practice.
- Lasers and non-surgical rejuvenation 2009ClinicalKeyAging skin: intrinsic aging and chronic photoaging -- CO₂ laser applications: new fractional and traditional CO₂ laser resurfacing and CO₂ laser blepharoplasty -- Erbium and other ablative technologies -- Fractionated lasers -- Intense pulsed light -- Radiofrequency -- Laser hair removal -- Laser acne treatment -- Advances in light-emitting diodes (LED) technology and therapy -- Laser lipolysis --Non-invasive body contouring -- Low level laser therapy in hair loss -- Clinical photography for laser and light-based therapies.
- Lasers in dermatology and medicine 2011SpringerLaser-Tissue Interactions -- Laser Safety: Regulations, Standards and Practice Guidelines -- Lasers for Treatment of Vascular Lesions -- Laser for Scars -- Laser Treatment of Leg Veins -- Lasers and Lights for Treating Pigmented Lesions -- Laser Treatment of Tattoos -- Laser for Hair Removal -- Lasers for Resurfacing -- Fractional Photothermolysis -- Plasma Resurfacing -- Sub-Surfacing Lasers -- Non-invasive Rejuvenation/Skin Tightening: Light-Based Devices -- Laser and Light Therapies for Acne -- Lasers for Psoriasis and Hypopigmentation -- Lasers and Lights for Adipose Tissue and Cellulite -- Intense Pulse Light (IPL) -- Photodynamic Therapy -- Light-Emitting Diode Phototherapy in Dermatological Practice -- Laser and Light for Wound Healing Stimulation -- Lasers in Hair Growth and Hair Transplantation -- Reflectance-Mode Confocal Microscopy in Dermatological Oncology -- Laser Clinical and Practice Pearls -- The Selection and Education of Laser Patients -- Anesthesia for Laser Surgery -- Laser Application for Ethnic Skin -- Laser Applications in Children -- Dressings/Wound Care for Laser Treatment -- Prevention and Treatment of Laser Complications -- Ethical Issues -- Medicolegal Issues (Documentation/Informed Consent) -- Psychological Aspects to Consider Within Laser Treatments -- Photography of Dermatological Laser Treatment -- Online Resources for Dermatologic Laser Therapies -- Starting a Laser Practice -- Research and Future Directions -- Laser/Light Applications in Ophthalmology: Visual Refraction -- Laser/Light Applications in Ophthalmology: Posterior Segment Applications -- Laser/Light Application in Ophthalmology: Control of Intraocular Pressure -- Laser/Light Application in Dental Procedures -- Laser/Light Applications in Otolaryngology -- Laser/Light Applications in Gynecology -- Laser/Light Applications in General Surgery -- Laser/Light Applications in Urology -- Lasers in Cardiology and Cardiothoracic Surgery -- Laser/Light Applications in Neurology and Neurosurgery -- Laser/Light Applications in Anesthesiology.
- Lasers in medicine 2002CRCnetBASE
- Section I. LASIK fundamentals -- section II. Diagnostic equipment -- section III. Flap-making equipment -- section IV. Excimer lasers -- section V. Management of postsurgical problems -- section VI. Other surgical considerations -- section VII. Study section -- section VIII. International perspectives in refractive surgery.
- Print Material
- Last's Anatomy regional and applied. 12th ed. 2011ClinicalKeyUpper limb -- Lower limb -- Thorax -- Abdomen -- Head and neck and spine -- Central nervous system -- Osteology of the skull and hyoid bone.
- Print MaterialBasic principles -- Vergence, lenses, objects, and images -- The model eye -- Visual acuity testing -- Refraction and optical dispensing -- Lens effectivity and vertex distance -- Accommodation, presbyopia, and bifocals -- Astigmatism -- Aberrations, distortions, and irregularities -- Contact lenses -- Intraocular lenses -- Refractive surgery -- Magnification and telescopes -- Low vision -- Mirrors -- Prisms and diplopia -- Instruments -- Good people, bad optics : the dissatisfied patient -- Important formulas.
- Late effects of treatment for brain tumors 2009SpringerPart I. Overview of brain tumor survivorship -- Introduction to brain tumor survivorship and historical perspective / Stewart Goldman and Christopher D. Turner -- Late effects of neurosurgery / Arthur J. DiPatri, Martin Pham, and Kenji Muro -- Late effects of CNS radiation therapy / Helen A. Shih, Jay S. Loeffler, and Nancy J. Tarbell -- Late effects of chemotherapy / Sridharan Gururangan -- Late effects of stem cell transplantation in brain tumor survivors / Karina Danner-Koptik, David A. Jacobsohn, and Kimberley J. Dilley -- Effect of cancer treatment on neural stem and progenitor cells / Jörg Dietrich and Santosh Kesari -- The pediatric brain tumor late effects clinic / Kimberly J. Dilley and Barbara Lockart -- Part II. Medical late effects of brain tumor treatment -- Neurological complications in adults / Michelle Monje and Patrick Y. Wen -- Neurological complications in children / Sonia Partap and Paul Graham Fisher -- Strokes among childhood brain tumor survivors / Daniel C. Bowers -- Endocrine late effects: manifestations and treatments / Jason R. Fangusaro and Elizabeth Eaumann Littlejohn -- Ocular consequences and late effects of brain tumor treatments / María E. Echevarría and Joanna L. Weinstein -- Auditory late effects of chemotherapy / Anna K. Meyer and Nancy M. Young -- Reproductive health issues in survivors of childhood and adult brain tumors / Tress Goodwin, B. Elizabeth Delasobera, and Paul Graham Fisher -- Cancer predisposition syndromes / Joanna L. Weinstein, Kanyalakshmi Ayyanar, and Melody A. Watral -- Secondary neoplasms following treatment for brain tumors / Joanna L. Weinstein, Kanyalakshmi Ayyanar, and Melody A. Watral.
- Latency strategies of herpesviruses 2007Springer
- Lateral flow immunoassay 2009Springer
- Lateral gene transfer in evolution 2013Springer"Although the phenomenon of lateral gene transfer has been known since the 1940s, it was the genomics era that has really revealed the extent and many facets of this evolutionary/genetic phenomenon. Even in the early 2000s with but a handful of genomes available, it became clear that the nature of microorganisms is full of genetic exchange between lineages that are sometimes far apart. The years following this saw an explosion of genomic data, which shook the "tree of life" and also raised doubts about the most appropriate species concepts for prokaryotes. This book represents the manyfold contributions of LGT to the evolution of micro and, to an extent, macroorganisms by focusing on the areas where it has the largest impact: metabolic innovations and adaptations and speciation." Back cover.
- Lateral line system 2014SpringerThe Lateral Line System provides an overview of the key concepts and issues surrounding the development, evolution, neurobiology, and function of the lateral line, a fascinating yet somewhat enigmatic flow-sensing system. The book examines the historical precedence for linking the auditory and lateral line systems, its structure and development, use of the lateral line system of zebrafish as a model system, physical principles governing the response properties of the lateral line, the behavioral relevance of this sensory system to the lives of fish, and an examination of how this information
- Latina/os in the United States 2008SpringerTheoretical and methodological issues of Latina/o research / Nestor Rodríguez -- New Latino destinations / Manuel A. Vásquez, Chad E. Seales, and Marie Friedmann Marquardt -- Latino incorporation in the United States in local and transnational contexts / Robert Courtney Smith -- Demographic patterns : age structure, fertility, mortality, and population growth / Jorge del Pinal -- Through children's eyes : families and households of Latino children in the United States / Jennifer E. Glick and Jennifer Van Hook -- U.S. Latinos/as and the "American dream" : diverse populations and unique challenges in housing / Eileen Diaz McConnell -- Latino health paradoxes : empirical evidence, explanations, future research, and implications / Dolores Acevedo-Garcia and Lisa M. Bates -- Latino crime and delinquency in the United States / Ramiro Martinez, Jr. -- The educational experiences of Latinos in the United States / William Vélez -- Latinos in the United States labor market / Lisa Catanzarite and Lindsey Trimble -- Latino/a entrepreneurship in the United States : a strategy of survival and economic mobility / Zulema Valdez -- Income, earnings, and poverty : a portrait of inequality among Latinos/as in the United States / Alberto Dávila, Marie T. Mora, and Alma D. Hales -- Mapping the dynamic terrain of U.S. Latina/o media research / Isabel Molina Guzmán -- As the Latino/a world turns : the literacy and cultural production of transnational latinidades / Ana Patircia Rodríguez -- Religion and religiosity / Miguel A. De La Torre -- Latinos/os (in) on the border / Emily Skop, Brian Gratton, and Myron P. Gutmann -- Entre nosotras/os : theorizing, researching, and constructing cross-Latina/o relations in the United States / Gilda L. Ochoa -- Beyond gender dichotomies : toward a new century of gendered scholarship in the Latina/o experience / Maura I. Toro-Morn -- Adelante mujer : Latina activism, feminism, and empowerment / Denise A. Segura and Elisa Facio -- Latinas and Latinos, sexuality, and society : a critical sociological perspective / Gloria González-Lopez and Salvador Vidal-Ortiz -- Latino partisanship, political activity and vote choice / Kim Geron and Melissa R. Michelson -- Political orientations and Latino immigrant incorporation / Sarah Allen Gershon and Adrian D. Pantoja -- Political mobilization and activism among Latinos/as in the United States / Christian Zlolniski -- Unions and the unionization of Latinas/os in the United States / Héctor L. Delgado.
- Lattice multivariate data visualization with R 2008Springer
- Print MaterialCancer drugs: from nitrogen mustards to Gleevec -- Drugs to kill germs -- Cardiovascular drugs: from nitroglycerin to Lipitor -- Sex and drugs -- Drugs of the mind -- Diabetes drugs -- Anesthetics -- Anti-inflammatory drugs -- Reflections.
- Lavender the genus Lavandula 2002CRCnetBASE
- Law and ethics of the pharmaceutical industry 2006ScienceDirect
- Law for the expert witness. 3rd ed. 2007CRCnetBASE
- LC-MS/MS in proteomics methods and applications 2010Springer ProtocolsApproaches and applications of quantitative LC-MS for proteomics and activitomics / Pedro R. Cutillas and John F. Timms -- Overview of quantitative LC-MS techniques for proteomics and activitomics / John F. Timms and Pedro R. Cutillas -- Instrumentation for LC-MS/MS in proteomics / Robert Chalkley -- Bioinformatics for LC-MS/MS-based proteomics / Richard J. Jacob -- Analysis of post-translational modifications by LC-MS/MS / Hannah Johnson and Claire E. Eyers -- In-depth analysis of protein phosphorylation by multidimensional ion exchange chromatography and mass spectrometry / Maria P. Alcolea and Pedro R. Cutillas -- Mapping of phosphorylation sites by LC-MS/MS / Bertran Gerrits and Bernd Bodenmiller -- Analysis of carbohydrates on proteins by offline normal-phase liquid chromatography MALDI-TOF-MS/MS / Theodora Tryfona and Elaine Stephens -- Selected reaction monitoring applied to quantitative proteomics / Reiko Kiyonami and Bruno Domon -- Basic design of MRM assays for peptide quantification / Andrew James and Claus Jorgensen -- Proteome-wide quantitation by SILAC / Kristoffer T.G. Rigbolt and Blagoy Blagoev -- Quantification of proteins by iTRAQ / Richard D. Unwin -- Quantification of proteins by label-free LC-MS/MS / Yishai Levin and Sabine Bahn -- Protocol for quantitative proteomics of cellular membranes and membrane rafts / Andrew J. Thompson and Ritchie Williamson -- Organelle proteomics by label-free and SILAC-based protein correlation profiling / Joern Dengjel, Lis Jakobsen, and Jens S. Andersen -- Mapping protein-protein interactions by quantitative proteomics / Joern Dengjel, Irina Kratchmarova, and Blagoy Blagoev -- Analysis of serum proteins by LC-MS/MS / Sarah Tonack, John P. Neoptolemos, and Eithne Costello -- Urinary proteome profiling using 2D-DIGE and LC-MS/MS / Mark E. Weeks -- Analysis of peptides in biological fluids by LC-MS/MS / Pedro R. Cutillas -- Quantification of protein kinase activities by LC-MS / Maria P. Alcolea and Pedro R. Cutillas -- A protocol for top-down proteomics using HPLC and ETD/PTR-MS / Sarah R. Hart.
- Lead and public health science, risk and regulation 2011ScienceDirectThe book presents a detailed assessment of the health science of lead and the human health risk assessment models for lead's human health impacts, followed by an account of various regulatory efforts in the United States and elsewhere to eliminate or reduce human toxic exposures to lead. The science of lead as presented here covers releases of lead into the environment, lead's movement through the environment to reach humans who are then exposed, and the spectrum of toxic effects, particularly low-level toxic effects, on the developing central nervous system of the very young child. The section on human health risk assessment deals with quantifying not only the dose-response relationships that underlie toxic responses to lead in sensitive populations but also with the likelihood of toxic responses vis-vis environmental lead at some level of exposure. This section includes a treatment of computer models of lead exposure, particularly those that use lead in whole blood as a key measure. Various models convert lead intake via various body compartments into measures of body lead burden. Such measures are then directly related to severity of injury. The final section of the book deals with past and present regulatory efforts to control lead releases into the human environment. Current control efforts present a mixed picture. The most problematic issue is the continued presence of lead paint in older housing and lead in soils of urban and mining industry communities. Comprehensive assessment of the three major facets of the public health problem of lead: the voluminous science, the risk assessment approaches, and approaches to controlling lead as a public health problem. Integration of the above three elements to provide a coherent whole Provides a single source of information that will be extremely valuable to all professionals working in areas impacted by this toxic substance.
- Lead molecules from natural products discovery and new trends 2006ScienceDirectReverse pharmacognosy : a new concept for accelerating natural drug discovery / Quoc-Tuan Do and Philippe Bernard -- Effects of plant extracts on gene expression profiling : from macroarrays to microarray technology / Carlo Mischiati, Alessia Sereni, Mahmud Tareq Hassan Khan, Ilaria Lampronti and Roberto Gambari -- Effects of medicinal plant extracts on molecular interactions between DNA and transcription factors / Ilaria Lampronti, Mahmud Tareq Hassan Khan, Nicoletta Bianchi, Giordana Feriotto, Carlo Mischiati, Monica Borgatti and Roberto Gambari -- Plants with antitumor properties : from biologically active molecules to drugs / Ilaria Lampronti, Mahmud Tareq Hassan Khan, Nicoletta Bianchi, Elisabetta Lambertini, Roberta Piva, Monica Borgatti and Roberto Gambari -- Herbal extracts and compounds active against herpes simplex virus / Kenneth D. Thompson -- Pharmacological modulation of cough reflex / Gabriela Nosalova, Juraj Mokry and Sona Franova -- Phytotherapy of cough / Sona Franova, Gabriela Nosalova and Juraj Mokry -- The medicinal potential of black seed (Nigella sativa) and its components / Hala Gali-Muhtasib, Nahed El-Najjar and Regine Schneider-Stock -- Cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitors from natural sources : recent advances and future prospects for cancer treatment / Hala Gali-Muhtasib -- Anticancer and medicinal properties of essential oil and extracts of East Mediterranean sage (salvia triloba) / Hala Gali-Muhtasib -- Marine organisms from Brazil as source of potential anticancer agents / Letícia Veras Costa-Lotufo, Cláudia Pessoa, Maria Elisabete A. Moraes, Adaíla Marta Paixão Almeida, Manoel Odorico de Moraes and Tito Monteiro da Cruz Lotufo -- Anticancer potential of Northeast Brazilian plants / Cláudia Pessoa, Letícia Veras Costa-Lotufo, Albert Leyva, Maria Elisabete Amaral de Moraes and Manoel Odorico de Moraes -- Safety and efficacy of phytomedicines / Manoel Odorico de Moraes, Fernando Antônio Frota Bezerra, Letícia Veras Costa-Lotufo, Cláudia Pessoa and Maria Elisabete Amaral de Moraes -- Pharmacological and biochemical profiling of lead compounds from traditional remedies : the case of Croton cajucara / Maria Aparecida M. Maciel, Tereza Neuma C. Dantas, Janaína Keila P. Câmara, Angelo C. Pinto, Valdir F. Veiga Jr., Carlos R. Kaiser, Nuno A. Pereira, Cristina M.T.S. Carneiro, Frederico A. Vanderlinde, Antônio J. Lapa, Aniele R. Agner, Ilce M.S. Cólus, Juliana Echevarria-Lima, Noema F. Grynberg, Andressa Esteves-Souza, Kenia Pissinate and Aurea Echevarria -- Antihypertensive peptides from natural resources / Toshiro Matsui and Kiyoshi Matsumoto -- Xanthones as therapeutic agents : chemistry and pharmacology / Noungoue Tchamo Diderot, Ngouela Silvere and Tsamo Etienne -- Inhibition of immunodeficiency type-1 virus (HIV-1) life cycle by medicinal plant extracts and plant-derived compounds / Roberto Gambari and Ilaria Lampronti -- Anticancer properties of saffron, Crocus sativus Linn. / José-Antonio Fernández -- Lead compounds and drug candidates from some Turkish plants for human health / İlkay Orhan and Bilge Şener -- Molecular design of multifunctional anti-Salmonella agents based on natural products / Isao Kubo, Ken-ichi Fujita, Ken-ichi Nihei and Aya Kubo -- Plant growth inhibitory activities by secondary metabolites isolated from Latin American flora / Carlos L Céspedes, Juan C Marín, Mariana Domínguez, J Guillermo Avila and Blanca Serrato -- Metabolomics : systematic studies of the metabolic profiling / Mahmud Tareq Hassan Khan and Arjumand Ather.
View by page
- Laboratory and diagnostic tests with nursing implications. 7th ed. — Lead molecules from natural products discovery and new trends (100)
- Leadership in healthcare — Levine's Pharmacology drug actions and reactions. 7th ed. (100)
- Levodopa-induced dyskinesia in Parkinson's disease — Liver metastasis biology and clinical management (100)
- Liver MRI correlation with other imaging modalities and histopathology. Second edition. [2nd ed.] — Lysosomes and lysosomal diseases (91)
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Access restricted to Stanford community
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
Can't find it?
Look if we have it in print
- Springer Protocols
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Large number of high quality software and database programming titles from O'Reilly. Other software titles are also available from Sams and Prentice Hall. Limited to 7 concurrent users.Vast collection of software and database programming titles from multiple publishers, including Microsoft Press.Largest provider of engineering-related eBooks; includes titles in computer science and biomedical engineering.Over 4,000 full-text e-books covering scientific and technical information from CRC Press and others. Many handbooks and single volume reference sources.A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more. Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.Includes peer-reviewed life science and biomedical research protocols compiled from Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods in Molecular Medicine, Methods in Biotechnology, Methods in Pharmacology and Toxicology, Neuromethods, the Biomethods Handbook, the Proteomics Handbook, and Springer Laboratory Manuals.Contains full text access to selected biomedical and nursing books.Provides one-click access to important clinical resources; includes evidence-based diagnosis and treatment guidelines, Books, EBM articles, Ovid MEDLINE, Drug facts and comparisons, Drug interaction facts, guidelines from National Guideline Clearinghouse, patient handouts (English and Spanish), and local content.ClinicalKey provides access to textbooks, electronic journals, practice guidelines, drug information, and patient education handouts.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.Provides online, full-text access to Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers. Subjects include: life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics and astronomy, engineering and economics. Also includes eBooks.Collection of over 8 thousand fulltext titles in engineering, math, and basic and applied biomedical research. Coverage is from 1967 to the present.A library of ebooks on a wide array of topics, digitized and made available online in conjunction with the original publishers.