- I die, but my memory lives on ..........
- — Immunology at a glance. 9th ed. ........
- Immunology for pharmacy ................
- — Ingredient interactions. 2nd ed. .......
- Inhalation aerosols. 2nd ed. ...........
- — Interventional management of urologic...
- Interventional oncology ................
- — IUTAM Symposium on Impact Biomechanic...
- Immunology for pharmacy 2012, ScienceDirect
- Immunology guidebook 2004, ScienceDirectMolecules, cells, and tissues of immunity -- Antigens, immunogens, vaccines, and immunization -- Cluster of differentiation (CD) antigens -- The HLA dictionary, 2001 -- Nomenclature for factors of the HLA system, 2002 -- Nomenclature for factors of the dog major histocompatibility system (DLA), 2000 -- Antigen presentation -- B cells, immunoglobulin genes, and immunoglobulin structure -- T cells and the thymus -- Cytokines and chemokines -- The complement system -- Type I, II, III, and IV hypersensitivity -- Microbial immunity -- Immunoregulation, tolerance, and therapeutic immunology -- Immunohematology and transfusion medicine -- Immunological diseases and immunopathology -- Immunodeficiencies : congential and acquired -- Transplantation immunology.
- Immunology of fungal infections 2007, Springer
- Immunology of gametes and embryo implantation 2005, Karger
- Immunology of infection. 3rd ed. 2010, ScienceDirect1. The Immune Response to Infectious Agents / Stefan H.E. Kaufmann, Dieter Kabelitz -- 2. Immunomagnetic Isolation of Subcellular Compartments / Vladimir Tchikov, Jürgen Fritsch, Dieter Kabelitz, Stefan Schütze -- 3. Use of Bioinformatics to Predict MHC Ligands and T-Cell Epitopes: Application to Epitope-Driven Vaccine Design / Anne S. De Groot, Tobias Cohen, Matthew Ardito, Lenny Moise, Bill Martin, Jay A. Berzofsky -- 4. Genetics of Susceptibility and Resistance to Infection / Aurelie Cobat, Marianna Orlova, Alexandre Alcaїs, Erwin Schurr -- 5. Proteomic Approaches to Study Immunity in Infection / Gustavo A.de Souza, Harald G. Wiker -- 6. Isolation and Characterization of Human Epithelial Antimicrobial Peptides and Proteins / Jens.-M. Schröder -- 7. Visualization and Functional Evaluation of Phagocyte Extracellular Traps / Maren von Köckritz-Blickwede, Ohn Chow, Mariam Ghochani, Victor Nizet -- 8. Killer Cell Assays / Patricia Graef, Veit R. Buchholz, Dirk H. Busch -- 9. Analysis of Intestinal T Cell Populations and Cytokine Productions / Jun Kunisawa, Hiroshi Kiyono -- 10. Isolation and Measuring the Function of Professional Phagocytes: Murine Macrophages / Leanne Peiser, Subhankar Mukhopadhyay, Richard Haworth, Siamon Gordon -- 11. Measuring Immune Responses In Vivo / Stefan Ehlers, Norbert Reiling, Christoph Hölscher, Sahar Aly -- 12. Murine and Guinea Pig Models of Tuberculosis / Diane J. Ordway, lan M. Orme -- 13. The Leishmaniasis Model / Pascale Kropf, Ulrich D. Kadolsky, Matthew Rogers, Thomas E. Cloke, Ingrid Müller -- 14. Animal Models of Mucosal Candida Infections / Flavia De Bernardis, Silvia Arancia, Silvia Sandini -- 15. Mucosal Immunity and Inflammation / Ulrich Steinhoff, Alexander Visekruna -- 16. CD8 T-Cell Immunotherapy of Cytomegalovirus Disease in the Murine Model / Niels A.W. Lemmermann, Jürgen Podlech, Christof K. Seckert, Kai A. Kropp, Natascha K.A. Grzimek, Matthias J. Reddehase, Rafaela Holtappels -- 17. Measuring Immune Responses In Situ: Immunofluorescent and Immunoenzymatic Techniques / Antje Müller, Torsten Goldmann, Ulrike Seitzer -- 18. Measuring Human Cytokine Responses / Hans Yssel, John Wijdenes, René de Waal Malefyt, Jean-François Mathieu, Jérôme Pène -- 19. Human Dendritic Cell Subsets / Hideki Ueno, Eynav Klechevsky, A. Karolina Palucka, Jacques Banchereau.
- Immunology of pregnancy 2006, SpringerEvolution of the mammalian reproductive tract and placentation / Susan Richman and Frederick Naftolin -- Toll-like receptors and pregnancy / Vikki M. Abrahams and Gil Mor -- IL-10 and pregnancy / Shaun P. Murphy and Surendra Sharma -- Th1/Th2 balance of the implantation site in humans / Shigeru Saito, Satomi Miyazaki, and Yasushi Sasaki -- The regulation of human trophoblast apoptosis and survival during pregnancy / Shawn L. Straszewski-Chavez and Gil Mor -- Macrophages and pregnancy / Gil Mor, Roberto Romero, and Vikki M. Abrahams -- Potential role of glucocorticoids in the pathophysiology of intrauterine growth restriction (IUGR) / Seth Guller, Yuehong Ma, and Men-Jean Lee -- NK cells and pregnancy / Mikael Eriksson, Satarupa Basu, and Charles L. Sentman -- The role of corticotropin-releasing hormone (CRH) on implantation and immunotolerance of the fetus / Sophia N. Kalantaridou ... [et al.] --Indoleamine 2,3 dioxygenase-dependent T cell suppression and pregnancy / Babak Baban, Phillip R. Chandler, and Andrew L. Mellor -- Leukemia inhibitory factor in reproduction / Levent M. Senturk and Aydin Arici -- Characterization of human dendritic cells at the materno-fetal interface / Ulrike Kämmerer ... [et al.] -- MHC molecules of the preimplantation embryo and trophoblast / Martina Comiskey, Carol M. Warner, and Danny J. Schust -- Actions of seminal plasma cytokines in priming female reproductive tract receptivity for embryo implantation / Sarah A. Robertson ... [et al.] -- B7 family molecules in the placenta / Margaret G. Petroff -- The role of regulatory T cells in materno-fetal tolerance / Varuna R. Aluvihare and Alexander G. Betz -- The eutherian fetoembryonic defense system hypothesis: an update / Gary F. Clark ... [et al.] -- The nature and role of the decidual T cells / Lucia Mincheva-Nilsson and Vladimir Baranov --Trophoblast cells as immune regulators / Gil Mor and Vikki M. Abrahams -- Inherited thrombophilias and early pregnancy loss / Jens Langhoff-Roos ... [et al.] -- Bi-directional cell trafficking during pregnancy: long-term consequences for human health / Kristina M. Adams and J. Lee Nelson -- Term and preterm parturition / Roberto Romero ... [et al.] -- Interleukin-1 and implantation / Jan-S. Krüssel ... [et al.] -- Immunology and pregnancy losses: HLA, autoantibodies and cellular immunity / Joanne Kwak-Kim, Joon Woo Kim, and Alice Gilman-Sachs.
- Immunology of pregnancy 2005, Karger
- Immunology of type 1 diabetes. 2nd ed. Lane Catalog record
- Immunology, phenotype first 2008, SpringerThe forward genetic dissection of afferent innate immunity / B. Beutler and E.M. Moresco -- Genetic analysis of resistance to infections in mice: A/J meets C57BL/6J / J.F. Marquis and P. Gros -- Host defenses against human papillomaviruses: lessons from epidermodysplasia verruciformis / G. Orth -- Innate resistance to flavivirus infections and the functions of 2'-5' oligoadenylate synthetases / T. Mashimo, D. Simon-Chazottes and J.L. Guenet -- Cmv1 and natural killer cell responses to murine cytomegalovirus infection / A.A. Scalzo and W.M. Yokoyama -- Genetic dissection of host resistance to Mycobacterium tuberculosis: the sst1 locus and the Ipr1 gene / I. Kramnik -- Scurfy, the Foxp3 locus, and the molecular basis of peripheral tolerance / M.W. Appleby and F. Ramsdell -- Fevers, genes, and innate immunity / J.G. Ryan and D.L. Kastner -- Itchy mice: the identification of a new pathway for the development of autoimmunity / L.E. Matesic, N.G. Copeland and N.A. Jenkins -- TIM gene family and their role in atopic diseases / D.T. Umetsu ... [et al.].
- Immunology. 4th ed. 2004
- Immunology. 5th ed. 2003
- Immunology. 5th ed. 2003
- Immunology. 6th ed. 2009Overview of the immune system -- Elements of innate and acquired immunity -- Immunogens and antigens -- Antibody structure and function -- Antigen-antibody interactions, immune assays, and experimental systems -- The genetic basis of antibody structure -- Biology of the B lymphocyte -- Role of the major histocompatibility complex in the immune response -- Biology of the T lymphocyte -- Activation and function of T and B cells -- Cytokines -- Tolerance and autoimmunity -- Complement -- Hypersensitivity : type I -- Hypersensitivity : types II and III -- Hypersensitivity : type IV -- Immunodeficiency disorders and neoplasias of the lymphoid system -- Transplantation -- Tumor immunology -- Resistance and immunization to infectious diseases.
- Immunology. 7th ed. 2006
- Immunopharmacology 2008, Springer
- Immunopotentiators in modern vaccines 2006, ScienceDirectMicroparticles as vaccine delivery systems / Derek T. O'Hagan -- MF59: a safe and potent adjuvant for human use / Audino Podda, Giuseppe Del Giudice, and Derek T. O'Hagan -- Development and evaluation of AS04, a novel and improved adjuvant system containing MPL and aluminium salt / Nathalie Garçon, Marcelle van Mechelen, and Martine Wettendorff -- Virosomes for vaccine delivery / Ian C. Metcalfe and Reinhard Glück -- The ISCOMATRIX adjuvant / Debbie Drane and Martin J. Pearse -- Mineral adjuvants / Erik B. Lindblad --Mucosal adjuvants based on cholera toxin and E. coli heat-labile enterotoxin / Jan Holmgren ... [et al.] -- Transcutaneous immunization using the heat-labile enterotoxin of E. coli as an adjuvant / Richard T. Kenney and Gregory M. Glenn -- T cell adjuvants and novel strategies for their identification / Laurence Van Overvelt and Philippe Moingeon -- Vaccination to treat noninfectious diseases: surveying the opportunities / Stephen W. Martin and Martin F. Bachmann -- Clinical evaluation of adjuvants / Jakub K. Simon and Robert Edelman -- Regulatory considerations in the nonclinical safety assessment of adjuvanted preventive vaccines / Elizabeth M. Sutkowski and Marion F. Gruber.Unravelling "the immunologist's dirty little secret" / Virgil E.J.C. Schijns -- Dendritic cells as targets and tools in vaccines / Imerio Capone, Paola Rizza, and Filippo Belardelli -- Host-derived molecules as adjuvants / Tom Barr, Jennifer Carlring, and Andrew W. Heath -- Innate immune mechanisms and the identification of immune potentiators as vaccine adjuvants / Achal Pashine, Jeffrey B. Ulmer, and Nicholas M. Valiante -- CpG oligodeoxynucleotides as vaccine adjuvants / Michael J. McCluskie and Risini D. Weeratna -- Toll-like receptor 4 agonists as vaccine adjuvants / David H. Persing ... [et al.] -- Immunomodulatory adjuvants from Quillaja saponaria / Charlotte Read Kensil --
- Immunosenescence 2012, Springer
- Immunotherapy in 2020 2007, Springer
- Immunotherapy of cancer 2006, SpringerDiscovery of target molecules for cancer immunotherapy by genetic and bioinformatic approaches -- Current strategies for the identification of immunogenic epitopes of tumor antigens -- Current and future role of natural-killer cells in cancer immunotherapy -- The role of immune monitoring in evaluating cancer immunotherapy -- Statistical analysis of immune response assays -- DNA vaccines for cancer immunotherapy -- Dendritic cells -- Different approaches to dendritic cell-based cancer immunotherapy -- Anti-idiotype antibody vaccines for the immunotherapy of cancer -- Autologous tumor-derived heat shock protein vaccine as a new paradigm for individualized cancer therapeutics -- Tumor-reactive T-cells for adoptive immunotherapy -- T-cell adoptive immunotherapy of cancer: from translational models to clinical significance -- Retroviral-mediated gene transfer for engineering tumor-reactive T-cells -- Harnessing the potential of graft-vs-tumor -- Tumor-induced immune suppression and immune escape: mechanisms and impact on the outcome of immunotherapy of malignant disease -- The tumor microenvironment: regulation of antitumor immunity and implications for immunotherapy -- Manipulation of lymphocyte homeostasis for enhancing antitumor immunity -- Fast-lane evolution in the tumor microenvironment -- Manipulating immunological checkpoints to maximize antitumor immunity -- Interleukin-2 as cancer therapy -- Biological and clinical properties of the type 1 interferons -- Promising g [gamma]-chain cytokines for cancer immunotherapy: interleukins-7, -15, and -21 as vaccine adjuvants, growth factors -- The therapeutic use of natural-killer cells in hematological malignancies -- Antibody therapy for solid tumors -- Antibody therapy for non-Hodgkin's lymphoma -- Approaches to in vivo imaging of cancer immunotherapy -- Design issues for early-stage clinical trials for cancer vaccines -- Monoclonal antibody therapy for cancer.
- Immunotherapy of cancer 2010, Springer ProtocolsHypoxic tumors and their effect on immune cells and cancer therapy / Patricia Yotnda, Danli Wu, and Anna May Swanson -- Characterization of regulatory T cells in tumor suppressive microenvironments / Guangyong Peng -- Generation of cytotoxic T lymphocytes for immunotherapy of EBV-associated malignancies / Corey Smith and Rajiv Khanna -- Acquisition, preparation, and functional assessment of human NK cells for adoptive immunotherapy / Dean A. Lee, Michael R. Verneris, and Dario Campana -- Enhanced migration of human dendritic cells expressing inducible CD40 / Natalia Lapteva -- Differentiation of human embryonic stem cells into hematopoietic cells in vitro / Eun-Mi Kim and Nicholas Zavazava -- Gene therapy to improve migration of T cells to the tumor site / Antonio Di Stasi, Biagio De Angelis, and Barbara Savoldo -- Gene therapy to improve function of T cells for adoptive immunotherapy / Concetta Quintarelli, Barbara Savoldo, and Gianpietro Dotti -- Cytokine-FC fusion genes as molecular adjuvants for DNA vaccines / Daniel Hirschhorn-Cymerman and Miguel-Angel Perales -- Pharmacology of anti-CD3 diphtheria immunotoxin in CD3 positive T-cell lymphoma trials / Jung Hee Woo ... [et al.] -- Construction of human antibody gene libraries and selection of antibodies by phage display / Thomas Schirrmann and Michael Hust -- Identification of immunogenic peptides of the self-tumor antigen : our experience with telomerase reverse transcriptase / Xochitl Cortez-Gonzalez and Maurizio Zanetti -- Rescue, amplification, purification, and PEGylation of replication defective first-generation adenoviral vectors / Michael A. Barry, Eric A. Weaver, and Sean E. Hofherr -- Adenovirus-mediated interleukin (IL)-24 immunotherapy for cancer / Rajagopal Ramesh ... [et al.] -- Liposomes for gene transfer in cancer therapy / Nancy Smyth Templeton -- Oncolytic HSV as a vector in cancer immunotherapy / Hongtao Li and Xiaoliu Zhang -- Generation of chimeric T-cell receptor transgenes and their efficient transfer in primary mouse T lymphocytes / Linda J. Howland, Nicole M. Haynes, and Phillip K. Darcy -- Multi-walled carbon nanotube (MWCNT) synthesis, preparation, labeling, and functionalization / Babak Kateb ... [et al.] -- Cellular immunotherapy of cancer / Fatma V. Okur and Malcolm K. Brenner.
- Immunotoxicity, immune dysfunction, and chronic disease 2012, Springer
- Immunotoxicology and immunopharmacology. 3rd ed. 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Immunotoxicology of drugs and chemicals. 3rd ed. v.1, 2004, ScienceDirectv. 1. Principles and methods of immunotoxicology.
- Impact of genetic targets on cancer therapy 2013, SpringerNovel antineoplastics targeting genetic changes in colorectal cancer / Jamal Joudeh...[et al.] -- Update on clinical trials: genetic targets in breast cancer / Bora Lim, Leah V. Cream, Harold A. Harvey -- Impace of genetic targets on cancer therapy in esophagogastric cancer / Yixing Jiang -- Impact of genetic targets on cancer therapy: hapatocellular cancer / Osama Hamed...[et al.] -- Toward the goal of personalizaed therapy in pancreatic cancer by targeting the molecular phenotype / Nelson S. Yee -- Impact of genetic markers on treatment of non-small cell lung cancer / Nicholas Lamparella, Amit Barochia, Salah Almokadem -- Impact of genetic targets on therapy in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma / Irina Chaikhoutdinov, David Goldenberg -- Tyrosine kinase targeted treatment of chronic myelogenous leukemia and other myeloproliferative neoplasms / Ajit Bisen, David F. Claxton -- Targeted tehrapy of multiple myeloma / Nathan G. Dolloff, Giampaolo Talamo -- Current and future trials of targeted therapies and cutaneous melanoma / Matthew S. Evans...[et al.] -- Current approaches to epigenetic therapy for the treatment of mantle cell lymphoma / Vikas Ghai...[et al.] -- Impact of genetic targets on primary brain tumor therapy: what's ready for prime time / O. Zalatimo...[et al.] -- Rational therapy for renal cell carcinoma based on its genetic targets / Jaime Messer, Joseph Drabick, Matthew Kang -- Molecular and genetic markers of follicular-cell thyroid cancer : etiology and diagnostic and therapeutic opportunities / Neerav Goyal...[et al.] -- Genetic targets in pediatric acute lymphoblastic leukemia / Chandrika Gowda, Sinisa Dovat -- Emerging molecular therapies for the treatment of acute lymphoblastic leukemia / Monali Vasekar...[et al.] -- Impact of genetic targets on prostate cancer therapy / Hassan Sheikh...[et al.] -- Small-cell lung cancer : an update on targeted therapues / Monika Joshi, Ayodele Ayoola, Chandra P. Belani -- Impact of genetic targets on cancer therapy in acute myelogenous leukemia / Mithun Vinod Shah, Amit Barochia, Thomas P. Loughran.
- Fulltext CRCnetBASEHIPAA : stakeholder impacts and effects of provisions of the HITECH Act -- Organizational culture : what is needed to adopt HIT across different types of hospitals? -- Health economics : organizational finance and healthcare IT -- Cost benefit analysis and funding EMRs -- Analyzing the presence of EMRs across different health providers -- EMR impacts on quality of care and cost to the patient -- The physician and perceptions : medical malpractice and impacts from HIT usage -- Reduction in bioterrorism through the usage of EMRs -- The direction of health informatics and the future : the E-health industry.
- Impact of maternal nutrition on the offspring 2004, KargerMaternal nutrition and adverse pregnancy outcomes: lessons from epidemiology / Kramer, M.S. -- Metabolic disease: evolutionary, developmental and transgenerational influences / Gluckman, P.D., Hanson, M.A. -- Nutrient effects upon embryogenesis: folate, vitamin A and iodine / Rosenquist, T.H. ... [et al.] -- Energy requirements during pregnancy and consequences of deviations from requirement on fetal outcome / Butte, N.F. -- Potential effects of nutrients on placental function and fetal growth / Di Renzo, G.C. ... [et al.] -- Essential fatty acids during pregnancy: impact on mother and child / Hornstra, G. -- Dietary essential fatty acids in early postnatal life: long-term outcomes / Uauy, R. ... [et al.] -- Nutrient-induced maternal hyperinsulinemia and metabolic programming in the progeny / Patel, M.S., Srinivasan, M., Laychock, S.G. -- Maternal malnutrition and the risk of infection in later life / Moore, S.E. ... [et al.].-- Size and body composition at birth and risk of type-2 diabetes: a critical evaluation of 'fetal origins' hypothesis for developing countries / Yajnik, C.S. -- Cardiovascular disease in survivors of the Dutch famine / Bleker, O.P. ... [et al.] -- Relationship between maternal obesity and adverse pregnancy outcomes / Waller, D.K., Dawson, T.E. -- Special problems of nutrition in the pregnancy of teenagers / Pencharz, P.B. -- Dietary intervention during pregnancy and allergic diseases in the offspring / Salvatore, S. ... [et al.] -- Future challenges of nutrition in pregnancy and lactation / Lönnerdal, B.
- Impact of pollution on animal products 2008, Springer
- Implantable bone conduction hearing aids 2011, KargerHistorical background of bone conduction hearing devices and bone conduction hearing aids / Mudry, A., Tjellström, A. -- Acoustic and physiologic aspects of bone conduction hearing / Stenfelt, S. -- An overview of different systems : the bone-anchored hearing aid / Dun, C.A.J. ... [et al.] -- The ponto bone-anchored hearing system / Westerkull, P. -- Partially implantable bone conduction hearing aids without a percutaneous abutment (otomag) : technique and preliminary clinical results -- Siegert, R. -- Surgery for the bone-anchored hearing aid / Arnold, A., Caversaccio, M.-D., Mudry, A. -- Paediatric baha / McDermott, A.-L., Sheehan, P. -- Complications of bone-anchored hearing devices / Wazen, J.J., Wycherly, B., Daugherty, J. -- Audiological results with Baha in conductive and mixed hearing loss / Pfiffner, F.; Caversaccio, M.-D.; Kompis, M. -- Conductive hearing loss and bone conduction devices : restored binaural hearing? / Agterberg, M.J.H. ... [et al.] -- Bone-anchored devices in single-sided deafness / Stewart, C.M.; Clark, J.H.; Niparko, J.K. -- Factors influencing the decision for baha in unilateral deafness : the Bern benefit in single-sided deafness questionnaire / Kompis, M. ... [et al.] -- Challenges and recent developments in sound processing for Baha / Flynn, M.C. -- Headbands, testbands and softbands in preoperative testing and application of bone-anchored devices in adults and children / Zarowski, A.J. ... [et al.] -- Bone-anchored hearing aids versus conventional hearing aids / Banga, R. ... [et al.] -- The future of bone conduction hearing devices / Håkansson, B.
- Implantable cardioverter defibrillator stored ECGs 2007, Springer
- Implementing an electronic health record system 2005, SpringerOrganizational climate -- Needs assessment -- Vendor selection and contract negotiation -- Infrastructure -- Workflow assessment and redesign -- Staffing and managing implementation teams -- Usability -- Training -- Clinical decision support -- Translating scope of practice into effective EHR workflows -- System integration -- Production support -- Managing the client-vendor partnership -- Phased implementation -- Optimizing primary-care practices -- Special-purpose software -- Optimizing inpatient care -- Extending EHR access to patients -- Extending EHR access to external physicians -- Summary and prospects.
- Implementing electronic document and record management systems 2008, CRCnetBASE
- Implementing quality in laboratory policies and processes 2010, CRCnetBASE
- Implications of anemia: Lane Catalog record
- Importance of growth for health and development 2010, KargerDeviant growth and its consequences.
- Importance of immunonutrition 2013, KargerArginine and asthma / C.R. Morris -- Changes in arginine metabolism during sepsis and critical illness inÿchildren de betue, C.T.I. / N.E.P. Deutz -- Arginine deficiency caused by myeloid cells : importance, identification and treatment / J.B. Ochoa -- Glutamine supplementation in neonates : is there a future? / J. Neu -- Insulin in human milk and the use of hormones in infant formulas / R. Shamir, N. Shehadeh -- Diet, gut enterotypes and health : is there a link? / F.D. Bushman, J.D. Lewis, G.D. Wu -- Understanding immunomodulatory effects of probiotics / B. Pot, B. Folign, C. Daniel, C. Grangette -- Transforming growth factor and intestinal inflammation : the role of nutrition / F.M. Ruemmele, H. Garnier-Lenglin -- Microbiota modulation: can probiotics prevent/treat disease inÿpediatrics? -- / H. Szajewska -- Membrane composition and cellular responses to fatty acid intakes and factors explaining the variation in response / C. Agostoni, P. Ris, F. Marangoni -- Docosahexaenoic acid and its derivative neuroprotectin D1 displayÿneuroprotective properties in the retina, brain and centralÿnervous system / N.G. Bazan, J.M. Calandria, W.C. Gordon -- Branched-chain fatty acids in the neonatal gut and estimated dietary intake in infancy and adulthood / R.R. Ran-Ressler, R.P. Glahn, S. Bae, J.T. Brenna -- Clinical overview of effects of dietary long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids during the perinatal period / S.A. Scholtz, J. Colombo, S.E. Carlson -- Dietary n-3 LC-PUFA during the perinatal period as a strategy to minimize childhood allergic disease / M. Makrides, A.W. Gunaratne, C.T. Collins.
- Improving academic achievement 2002, ScienceDirectSelf and self-belief in psychology and education : a historical perspective /Frank Pajares and Dale H. Schunk --Pygmalion effect and its mediating mechanisms /Robert Rosenthal --Messages that motivate : how praise molds students' beliefs, motivation, and performance (in surprising ways) /Carol S. Dweck --Paradox of achievement : the harder you push, the worse it gets /Edward L. Deci and Richard M. Ryan --Improving the academic performance of college students with brief attributional interventions /Timothy D. Wilson, Michelle Damiani, and Nicole Shelton --Self-handicapping and school : academic self-concept and self-protective behavior /Frederick Rhodewalt and Michael W. Tragakis --Wisdom of practice : lessons learned from the study of highly effective tutors /Mark R. Lepper and Maria Woolverton --Students' motivation during the middle school years /Allan Wigfield and Jacquelynne S. Eccles --Self-efficacy and self-regulated learning : the dynamic duo in school performance /Pamela J. Gaskill and Anita Woolfolk Hoy --Building empathy, compassion, and achievement in the jigsaw classroom /Elliot Aronson.Intelligence is not just inside the head : the theory of successful intelligence /Robert J. Sternberg --Being and becoming a good person : the role of emotional intelligence in moral development and behavior /David A. Pizarro and Peter Salovey --Mozart and the mind : factual and fictional effects of musical enrichment /Frances H. Rauscher --Stereotype threat : contending and coping with unnerving expectations /Joshua Aronson --Barrier of mistrust : how negative stereotypes affect cross-race mentoring /Geoffrey L. Cohen and Claude M. Steele --Toward a resolution of an American tension : some applications of the helping model of affirmative action to schooling /Anthony R. Pratkanis, Marlene E. Turner, and Stanley B. Malos --Social exclusion in the classroom : teachers and students as agents of change /Amanda W. Harrist and K. Denise Bradley.
- Improving birth outcomes 2003, NAP
- Introduction: continuous quality improvement for better end-of-life care -- How to make improvement happen -- Preventing, assessing and treating pain -- Managing dyspnea and ventilator withdrawal -- Beyond the living will: advance care planning for all stages of health and disease -- Supporting people in difficult times: relationships, spirituality, and bereavement -- Continuity of care: improving transitions, continuity, and coordination of care in the health care system -- Caring for caregivers: helping staff to provide good care -- Hospital-based palliative care consults and units -- Law , policy, and finance -- Alzheimer's and other dementias: opportunities to honor life -- Opportunites to improve care for cancer patients -- Offering end-of-life services to patients with advanced heart or lung failure -- Depression and delirium -- Conclusion: getting started.
- Improving health in the United States 2011, ebrary"Many Americans believe that the United States has one of the best health-care systems in the world and that consequently Americans enjoy better health than most of the world's populations. The data, however, do not support that belief. In fact, the United States is ranked 32nd in the world in life expectancy even though it is ranked third in total expenditures on health care as a percentage of gross domestic product (GDP). Clearly, good health is determined by more than money spent on the health-care system. In fact, a growing body of research indicates that living conditions - including such factors as housing quality, exposure to pollution, and access to healthy and affordable foods and safe places to exercise - have a greater effect on health. That research highlights the importance of considering health in developing policies, programs, plans, and projects, including ones that may not appear at first to have an obvious relationship to health. Health impact assessment (HIA) has arisen as an especially promising way to factor health considerations into the decision-making process. It has been defined in various ways but essentially is a structured process that uses scientific data, professional expertise, and stakeholder input to identify and evaluate public-health consequences of proposals and suggests actions that could be taken to minimize adverse health impacts and optimize beneficial ones"--Publisher's description.
- Improving healthcare 2005, Springer
- Improving oral health for the elderly 2008, SpringerPart I: Population health and well-being -- The aging U.S. population / Steven M. Albert -- The Oral disease burden faced by older adults / Ira B. Lamster and Natalie D. Crawford -- Social disparities in oral health and health care for older adults / Luisa N. Borrell -- Access, place of residence and interdisciplinary opportunities / Janet A. Yellowitz --Part II: Health and medical considerations -- Movement disorders in dental practice / Nina M. Browner and Steven Frucht -- Cognitive impairment / James M. Noble and Nikolaos Scarmeas -- Musculoskeletal conditions / Jennifer L. Kelsey -- Cardiovascular, cerebrovascular diseases and diabetes mellitus: co-morbidities that affect dental care for the older patient / Neerja Bhardwaj ... [et al.] -- Geriatric pharmacology: principles and implications for oral health / Brian C. Scanlan -- Management of alcohol and tobacco dependence in older adults / David A. Albert --Part III: Oral health and dental considerations -- Normal oral mucosal, dental, periodontal, and alveolar bone changes associated with aging / Stefanie L. Russell and Jonathan A. Ship -- The relationship between periodontal disease and systemic disease in the elderly / Dana L. Wolf and Panos N. Papapanou -- Caries, tooth loss, and conventional tooth replacement for older patients / Ejvind Budtz-Jørgensen and Frauke Müller -- Implant dentistry as an approach to tooth replacement for older adults / Hans-Peter Weber -- Saliva and the salivary glands in the elderly / Louis Mandel -- Mastication, nutrition, oral health and health in older patients / Angus W.G. Walls -- Orofacial pain and neurological disorders affecting the head and neck / Ali Makki and Susan Roche -- Oral pathology affecting older adults / David J. Zegarelli, Victoria L. Woo, and Angela J. Yoon --Part IV: Professional recommendations and future needs -- Educating the dental profession / Lynn M. Tepper -- Dental services among elderly Americans: utilization, expenditures, and their determinants / L. Jackson Brown -- Conclusion: interdisciplinary planning to meet the oral health care needs of older adults / Mary E. Northridge and Ira B. Lamster.
- Improving patient treatment adherence 2010, SpringerIntroduction -- Physical activity and adherence -- Improving dietary adherence -- Medication adherence -- Smoking cessation and adherence -- Cancer screening adherence -- Hormonal contraceptives and adherence -- Chronic pain and adherence -- Adherence and psychotherapy -- Adherence to treatment for depression -- Adherence in the treatment of HIV and other infectious diseases -- Adherence and substance use -- Special considerations of medication adherence in childhood and adolescence -- Special considerations of adherence in older adults.
- Primary care home -- New practice model for primary care -- Patient-centered care: finding the balance -- Improving primary care for patients with chronic illness -- Self-management support for people with chronic illness -- Improving timely access to primary care -- Alternatives to the 15-minute visit -- Computerizing the primary care home -- Health care teams in primary care -- Diagnosing and treating the primary care practice -- Payment for primary care -- Conclusion -- Some organizations and resources demonstrating innovative primary care practices -- Assessing your practice -- Diagnosing problems in your practice -- Primary care patient survey -- Primary care staff satisfaction survey -- Resources on cultural competence and health literacy -- Office visit cycle time -- Interruptions in the day's work -- Group visit starter kit -- Resources available from improving chronic illness care -- Patient assessment of chronic care -- Self-management support tools -- Self-management support assessment -- Review of evidence on the chronic care model -- Review of evidence on primary care teams.
- "Mycotoxins are fungal toxins that contaminate many of the most frequently consumed foods and feeds worldwide, including staple foods consumed by many of the poorest and most vulnerable populations in the world. Therefore, human and animal exposure to one or more of this broad group of toxins is widespread. Mycotoxins have the potential to contribute to a diversity of adverse health effects in humans, including cancer, even at low concentrations. Economic burdens resulting from crop contamination are added to those on health. Given the ubiquitous nature of exposure in many countries, an urgent need exists for a coordinated international response to the problem of mycotoxin contamination of food. This book aims to sensitize the international community to the mycotoxin problem in a format that is accessible to a wide audience and is useful to decision-makers across a broad spectrum of disciplines, including agriculture, public health, marketing, and economics. The editors hope that this book will be a stimulus to governments, nongovernmental and international organizations, and the private sector to initiate measures designed to minimize mycotoxin exposure in high-risk populations. The book not only provides a scientific description of the occurrence and effects of mycotoxins but also goes further by outlining approaches to reduce mycotoxin exposure aimed at improving public health in low-income countries." -- WHO website
- Improving the fat content of foods 2006, CRCnetBASEpt. 1. Dietary fats and health -- pt. 2. Reducing saturated fatty acids in food -- pt. 3. Using polyunsaturated and other modified fatty acids in food products.
- Compulsive buying : clinical aspects / Donald W. Black -- Compulsive buying : cultural contributors and consequences / April Lane Benson, Helga Dittmar, and Reeta Wolfsohn -- Kleptomania : clinical aspects / Lorrin M. Koran, Dana Bodnik, and Pinhas N. Dannon -- Kleptomania and the law / Brad Novak -- Pathological gambling : clinical aspects / Jon E. Grant and Brian L. Odlaug -- Pathological gambling : promoting risk, possessing ruin / Laura M. Letson -- Cash and casinos : an Indian perspective / Eileen M. Luna -- Trichotillomania : clinical aspects / Michael R. Walther, Benjamin T.P. Tucker, and Douglas W. Woods -- Trichotillomania : the view from dermatology / Drew Miller and Amy McMichael -- How to create a national advocacy organization / Christina S. Pearson -- Skin picking : clinical aspects / Celal Calikusu and Ozlem Tecer -- Skin picking : the view from dermatology / Rungsima Wanitphakdeedecha and Tina S.Alster -- Nail biting : clinical aspects / Timothy Ivor Williams -- Nail biting and other oral habits : a dental perspective / Sven E. Widmalm and Duane C. McKay -- Problematic internet use : clinical aspects / Timothy Liu and Marc N. Potenza -- Virtual violence : the games people play / Vladan Starcevic and Guy Porter -- Counseling in cyberspace : your e-therapist is on call / John H. Greist -- Hypersexuality : clinical aspects / Peer Briken, Andreas Hill, and Wolfgang Berner -- The sex industry : public vice, hidden victims / William M. Spice -- Intermittent explosive disorder : clinical aspects / Emil F. Coccaro and Michael S. McCloskey -- Violence against women : preventing a social scourge / Joan C. Chrisler and Sheila Ferguson -- Intimate partner violence : aggression at close quarters / Christy M. McKinney and Raul Caetano -- Pyromania : clinical aspects / Candice Germain and Michel Lejoyeux -- Arson : choking off the flames / Paul Schwartzman.
- IMRT, IGRT, SBRT 2007, Karger
- IMRT, IGRT, SBRT. 2nd, rev. and extended ed. 2011, Karger
- In silico immunology 2007, Springer
- In silico technologies in drug target identification and validation 2006, CRCnetBASEPattern matching / Scott Markel and Vinodh N. Rajapakse -- Tools for computational protein annotation and function assignment / Jaume M. Canaves -- The impact of genetic variation on drug discovery and development / Michael R. Barnes -- Mining of gene expression data / Aedin Culhane and Alvis Brazma -- Text mining / Bruce Gomes, William Hayes, and Raf Podowski -- Pathways and networks / Eric Minch and Ivayla Vatcheva -- Molecular interactions: learning from protein complexes / Ana Rojas, David de Juan, and Alfonso Valencia -- In silico siRNA design / Darryl León -- Predicting protein subcellular localization using intelligent systems / Rajesh Nair and Burkhard Rost -- Three-dimensional structures in target discovery and validation / Seán I. O'Donoghue, Robert B. Russell, and Andrea Schafferhans -- Comparative genomics / Viviane Siino, Bruce Pascal, and Christopher Sears -- Pharmacogenomics / Bahram Ghaffarzadeh Kermani -- Target identification and validation using human simulation models / Seth Michelson, Didier Scherrer, and Alex L. Bangs -- Using protein targets for in silico structure-based drug discovery / Tad Hurst -- Database management / Arek Kasprzyk and Damian Smedley -- BioIT hardware configuration / Philip Miller -- BioIT architecture: software architecture for bioinformatics research / Michael Dickson -- Workflows and data pipelines / Michael Peeler -- Ontologies / Robin A. McEntire and Robert Stevens.
- In situ detection of DNA damage 2002, Springer Protocols
- In situ hybridization in electron microscopy 2001, CRCnetBASE
- In situ hybridization protocols. 3rd ed. 2005, Springer ProtocolsIn situ hybridization using riboprobes on free-floating brain sections / Neil C. Owens, F. Martin Hess, and Emilio Badoer -- An in situ hybridization technique to detect low-abundance slug mRNA in adherent cultured cells / Changsun Choi ... [et al.] -- Identification of transplanted human cells in animal tissues / Daniel Benten, Kang Cheng, and Sanjeev Gupta -- In situ hybridization to plant tissues and chromosomes / Andreas Houben, Sharon J. Orford, and Jeremy N. Timmis -- Histochemical localization of cell proliferation using in situ hybridization for histone mRNA / Tim D. Hewitson, Kristen J. Kelynack, and Ian A. Darby -- Histochemical localization of apoptosis with in situ labeling of fragmented DNA / Tim D. Hewitson, Teresa Bisucci, and Ian A. Darby --Nonradioactive in situ hybridization on frozen sections and whole mounts / Julia Asp, Alexandra Abramsson, and Christer Betsholtz -- In situ hybridization of whole mount embryos / Murray Hargrave, Josephine Bowles, and Peter Koopman -- In situ detection of Epstein-Barr virus and phenotype determination of EBV-infected cells / Gerald Niedobitek and Hermann Herbst -- PNA- situ hybridization method for detection of HIV-1 DNA in virus-infected cells and subsequent detection of cellular and viral proteins / Tomoko Hagiwara, Junko Hattori, and Tsuguhiro Kaneda -- Electron microscopy and in situ hybridization: expression of P2Y2 receptor mRNA in the cerebellum / Andrzej Loesch and Rainer Glass --The use of combined immunohistochemical labeling and in situ hybridization to colocalize mRNA and protein in tissue sections / Malcolm D. Smith, Michael Ahern, and Mark Coleman -- Semiquantitative in situ hybridization using radioactive probes to study gene expression in motoneuron populations / Paul D. Storer and Tracey DeLucia -- Quantitative in situ hybridization of tissue microarrays / Adrian M. Jubb ... [et al.].Treatment of tissue sections for in situ hybridization / Gregory H. Tesch, Hui Y. Lan, and David J. Nikolic-Paterson -- Preparation of template DNA and labeling techniques / Peter J. Roche -- In situ hybridization using cRNA probes: isotopic and nonisotopic detection methods / Ian A. Darby ... [et al.] -- Tyramide signal amplification for DNA and mRNA in situ hybridization / Ernst J.M. Speel, Anton H.N. Hopman, and Paul Komminoth -- Expression analysis of murine genes using in situ hybridization with radioactive and nonradioactively labeled RNA probes / Anne Chotteau-Lelièvre, Pascal Dollé, and Françoise Gofflot --
- In the blink of an eye 2013, Springer
- "Thirty years ago, Susan Sontag wrote, "Everyone who is born holds dual citizenship in the kingdom of the well and the kingdom of the sick ... Sooner or later each of us is obliged, at least for a spell, to identify ourselves as citizens of that other place." Now more than 133 million Americans live with chronic illness, accounting for nearly three-quarters of all health care dollars, and untold pain and disability. There has been an alarming rise in illnesses that defy diagnosis through clinical tests or have no known cure. Millions of people, especially women, with illnesses such as irritable bowel syndrome, chronic pain, and chronic fatigue syndrome face skepticism from physicians and the public alike. And people with diseases as varied as cardiovascular disease, HIV, certain cancers, and type 2 diabetes have been accused of causing their preventable illnesses through their lifestyle choices. We must balance our faith in medical technology with awareness of the limits of science, and confront our throwback beliefs that people who are sick have weaker character than those who are well. Through research and patient narratives, health writer Laurie Edwards explores patient rights, the role of social media in medical advocacy, the origins of our attitudes about chronic illness, and much more. What The Noonday Demon did for people suffering from depression, In the Kingdom of the Sick does for those who are chronically ill"--Provided by publisher.
- In the pursuit of winning 2008, SpringerIntroduction / Masood Zangeneh, Alex Blaszczynski and Nigel E. Turner -- Explaining Why People Gamble / Michael Walker, Tony Schellink, and Fadi Anjoul -- Games, Gambling, and Gambling Problems / Nigel E. Turner -- Exploring the Mind of the Gambler / Ewa Czerny, Stephanie Koenig, and Nigel E. Turner -- Individual Factors in the Development and Maintenance of Problem Gambling / Masood Zangeneh, Alex Grunfeld, and Stephanie Koenig -- Gambling / Lisa Cavion, Carol Wong, and Masood Zangeneh -- A Critical Perspective on Gambling / Amnon Jacob Suissa -- The Marketing of Gambling / Masood Zangeneh, Mark Griffiths, and Jonathan Parke -- Religiosity and Gambling Rituals / Robert Grunfeld, Masood Zangeneh, and Lea Diakoloukas -- Buying a Risk / G. E. Minchin -- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Problem Gamblers / Malcolm Battersby, Jane Oakes, Barry Tolchard, Angus Forbes, and Rene Pols -- Psychopharmacological Management of Pathological Gambling / Jon E. Grant, Suck Won Kim, and Marc N. Potenza -- A Transpersonal Developmental Approach to Gambling Treatment / Gary Nixon and Jason Solowoniuk -- How Science Can "Think" About Gamblers Anonymous / Peter Ferentzy and Wayne Skinner -- Problem Gambling and Anger: Integrated Assessment and Treatment / Lorne M. Korman, Emily Cripps, and Tony Toneatto -- A Treatment Approach for Adolescents with Gambling Problems / Rina Gupta and Jeffrey Derevensky -- The Evolution of Problem Gambling Helplines / Gary Clifford.
- In vitro mutagenesis protocols. 3rd ed. 2010, Springer ProtocolsMutagenesis protocols in Saccharomyces cerevisiae by in vivo overlap extension / Mibuel Alcalde -- In vitro mutagenesis of Brucella species / Thomas A. Ficht, Jianwu Pei, and Melissa Kahl-McDonagh -- Random mutagenesis strategies for Campylobacter and Helicobacter species / Duncan J.H. Gaskin and Arnoud H.M. van Vliet -- Mutagenesis of the repeat regions of herpesviruses cloned as bacterial artificial chromosomes / Yuguang Zhao and Venugopal Nair -- An efficient protocol for VZV BAC-based mutagenesis / Zhen Zhang, Ying Huang, and Hua Zhu -- A method for rapid genetic integration into Plasmodium falciparum utilizing mycobacteriophage Bxb1 integrase / Sophie H. Adjalley, Marcus C.S. Lee, and David A. Fidock -- Random mutagenesis by error-prone PCR / Elizabeth O. McCullum ... [et al.] -- A rapid and versatile PCR-based site-directed mutagenesis protocol for generation of mutations along the entire length of a cloned cDNA / Vincent Dammai -- Rapid sequence scanning mutagenesis using in silico oligo design and the megaprimer PCR of whole plasmid method (MegaWhop) / Urich Krauss, Karl-Erich Jaeger, and Thorsten Eggert -- Insertion and deletion mutagenesis by overlap extension PCR / Jehan Lee ... [et al.] -- Targeted amplification of mutant strands for efficient site-directed mutagenesis and mutant screening / Lei Young and Qihan Dong -- A modified inverse PCR procedure for insertion, deletion, or replacement of a DNA fragment in a target sequence and its application in the ligand interaction scan method for generation of ligand-regulated proteins / Oran Erster and Moti Liscovitch -- Amplification of orthologous genes using degererate primers / Samya Chakravorty and jim O. Vigoreaux -- Computational evaluation of protein stability change upon mutations / Shuangye Yin, Feng Ding, and Nikolay V. Dokholyan -- Approaches for using animal models to identify loci that genetically interact with human disease-causing point mutations / Josef D. Franke -- Using peptide loop insertion mutagenesis for the evolution of proteins / Christian Heinis and Kai Johnsson -- Massive mutagenesis : high-throughput combinatorial site-directed mutagenesis / Julien Sylvestre -- Directed in vitro evolution of reporter genes based on semi-rational design and high-throughput screening / Ai-Sheng Xiong ... [et al.] -- Ribosome display for rapid protein evolution by consecutive rounds of mutation and selection / Hayato Yanagida, Tomoaki Matsuura, and Tetsuya Yomo -- Fine-tuning enzyme activity through saturation mutagenesis / Holly H. Hogrefe -- Characterization of structural determinants of type 1 corticotropin releasing hormone (CRH) receptor signalling properties / Danijela Markovic and Dimitris K. Grammatopoulos -- Site-directed mutagenesis for improving biophysical properties of Vh domains / Mehdi Arbabi-Ghahroudi, Roger MacKenzie, and Jamshid Tanha -- Phenotype based functional gene screening using retrovirus-mediated gene trapping in quasi-haploid RAW 264.7 cells / Sung Ouk Kim and Soon-Duck Ha -- Site-directed disulfide cross-linking to probe conformational changes of a transporter during its functional cycle : Escherichia coli AcrB multidrug exporter as an example / Yumiko Takatsuka and Hiroshi Nikaido -- Site-specific incorporation of extra components into RNA by transcription using unnatural base pair systems / Michiko Kimoto and Ichiro Hirao -- Mutagen : a random mutagenesis method providing a complementary diversity generated by human error-prone DNA polymerases / Philippe Mondon ... [et al.] -- Random-scanning mutagenesis / Robert A. Smith -- Easy two-step method for randomizing and cloning gene fragments / Vivan Q. Zhang and Holly H. Hogrefe -- Random mutagenesis using a mutator strain / Ghazala Muteeb and Ranjan Sen -- En passant mutagenesis : a two step markerless red recombination system / B. Karsten Tischer, Gregory A. Smith, and Nikolaus Osterrieder.
- In vitro neurotoxicology 2004, Springer Protocols
- In vitro transcription and translation protocols. 2nd ed. 2007, Springer ProtocolsEnergy systems for ATP regeneration in cell-free protein synthesis reactions / Kara A. Calhoun and James R. Swartz -- Continuous-exchange protein-synthesizing systems / Vladimir A. Shirokov ... [et al.] -- Cell-free production of integral membrane proteins on a preparative scale / Christian Klammt ... [et al.] -- SIMPLEX : a novel method for high-throughput construction and screening of protein libraries / Suang Rungpragayphan, Tsuneo Yamane, and Hideo Nakano -- Methods for high-throughput materialization of genetic information based on the wheat germ cell-free expression system / Tatsuya Sawasaki ... [et al.] -- Exogenous protein expression in Xenopus oocytes : basic procedures / Elena Bossi ... [et al.] -- In vitro translation to study HIV protease activity / Zene Matsuda ... [et al.] --The protein truncation test in mutation detection and molecular diagnosis / Oliver Hauss and Oliver Muller -- Creation of novel enantioselective lipases by SIMPLEX / Yuichi Koga, Tsuneo Yamane, and Hideo Nakano -- In vitro transcription and translation coupled with two-dimensional electrophoresis for bacterial proteome analysis / Nathalie Norais ... [et al.] -- In vitro screen of bioinformatically selected Bacillus anthracis vaccine candidates by coupled transcription, translation, and immunoprecipitation analysis / Orit Gat, Haim Grosfeld, and Avigdor Shafferman -- Functional expression of Type 1 rat GABA transporter in microinjected Xenopus laevis oocytes / Stefano Giovannardi ... [et al.] -- Production of protein for nuclear magnetic resonance study using the wheat germ cell-free system / Toshiyuki Kohno and Yaeta Endo.
- In vivo imaging of cancer therapy 2007, Springer
- In vivo models of HIV disease and control 2006, Springer
- In vivo models of inflammation. 2nd ed. v. 1-2, 2006., SpringerFulltext (v. 2) Springer
- In vivo optical imaging of brain function 2002, CRCnetBASE
- In vivo optical imaging of brain function. 2nd ed. 2009, CRCnetBASEOptical imaging of brain activity in vivo using genetically encoded probes / Matt Wachowiak and Thomas Knöpfel -- Two-photon functional imaging of neuronal activity / Fritjof Helmchen -- In vivo two-photon laser scanning microscopy with concurrent plasma-mediated ablation : principles and hardware realization / Philbert S. Tsai and David Kleinfeld -- MPScope 2.0 : a computer system for two-photon laser scanning microscopy with concurrent plasma-mediated ablation and electrophysiology / Quoc-Thang Nguyen ... [et al.] -- In vivo observations of rapid scattered light changes associated with neurophysiological activity / David M. Rector ... [et al.] -- Imaging the brain in action : real-time voltage-sensitive dye imaging of sensorimotor cortex of awake-behaving mice / Isabelle Ferezou, Ferenc Matyas, and Carl C.H. Petersen -- Flavoprotein fluorescence imaging of experience-dependent cortical plasticity in rodents / Katsuei Shibuki ... [et al.] -- Functional imaging with mitochondrial flavoprotein autofluorescence : theory, practice, and applications / T. Robert Husson and Naoum P. Issa -- Visualizing adult cortical plasticity using intrinsic signal optical imaging / Ron D. Frostig and Cynthia H. Chen-Bee -- Fourier approach for functional imaging / Valery A. Kalatsky -- Optical imaging of neuronal activity in the cerebellar cortex using neutral red / Timothy J. Ebner, Gang Chen, and Wangcai Gao -- Quantitative in vivo imaging of tissue absorption, scattering, and hemoglobin concentration in rat cortex using spatially modulated structured light / David J. Cuccia ... [et al.] -- Intraoperative optical imaging / K.C. Brennan and Arthur W. Toga -- Noninvasive imaging of cerebral activation with diffuse optical tomography / Theodore J. Huppert, Maria Angela Franceschini, and David A. Boas -- Fast optical signals : principles, methods, and experimental results / Gabriele Gratton and Monica Fabiani.
- Inborn metabolic diseases. 4th, rev. ed. 2006, SpringerDiagnosis and treatment: general principles -- Disorders of carbohydrate metabolism -- Disorders of mitochondrial energy metabolism -- Disorders of amino acid metabolism and transport -- Vitamin-responsive disorders -- Neurotransmitter and small peptide disorders -- Disorders of lipid and bile acid metabolism -- Disorders of nucleic acid and heme metabolism -- Disorders of metal transport -- Organelle-related disorders: lysosomes, peroxisomes, and Golgi and pre-Golgi systems.
- Inborn metabolic diseases. 5th ed. 2012, Springer
- Incentives and choice in health care 2008, ebraryTo find an answer, one must know the question : health economics and public policy / Henry J. Aaron -- Health capital : theory and empirical evidence / Donna Gilleskie -- What we know and don't know about the effects of cost sharing on the demand for medical care - and so what? / Joseph P. newhouse and Anna D. Sinaiko -- Adverse selection and moral hazard : implications for health insurance markets / Mark V. Pauly -- Direct-to-consumer advertising in health care : an overview of economic issues / Ernst R. Berndt and Julie M. Donohue -- Reefer Madness, Frank the Tank, or Pretty Woman : to what extent do addictive behaviors respond to incentives? / John Cawley -- Medical career choices and rates of return / Sean Nicholson -- The effects of incentives on pharmaceutical innovation / Frank A. Sloan and Chee-Ruey Hsieh -- Physician fees and behavior : implications for structuring a fee schedule / Thomas G. McGuire -- Physician pay for performance : alternative perspectives / Brian R. Golden and Frank A. Sloan -- Competition, information provision, and hospital quality / Gautam Gowrisankaran -- Summing up / Frank A. Sloan and Hirschel Kasper.
- Incisional hernia 2008, Springer
- Inclusions in prokaryotes 2006, Springer
- "Half the world's people currently live in rural and remote areas. The problem is that most health workers live and work in cities. This imbalance is common to almost all countries and poses a major challenge to the nationwide provision of health services. Its impact, however, is most severe in low income countries. ... The World Health Organization (WHO) has therefore drawn up a comprehensive set of strategies to help countries encourage health workers to live and work in remote and rural areas. These include refining the ways students are selected and educated, as well as creating better working and living conditions. ... The guidelines ... complement the WHO Global Code of Practice on the International Recruitment of Health Personnel, adopted by the Sixty-third World Health Assembly in May 2010. The Code offers a framework to manage international migration over the medium to longer term. The guidelines are a tool that can be used straight away to address one of the first triggers to internal and international migration - dissatisfaction with living and working conditions in rural areas. Together, the code of practice and these new guidelines provide countries with instruments to improve workforce distribution and enhance health services." - p. i
- Index nominum Truven, Search Index nominum via the main Micromedex search screen.
- Indian medicinal plants 2007, Springer
- Indian Ocean tsunami 2007, CRCnetBASEPrologue / Barbara H. Keating -- Pt. 1. Geostructural environment of tsunami genesis -- A historical account of the earthquakes and tsunamis in the Indian Ocean / B. K. Rastogi -- Impact of coastal morphology, structure and seismicity on the tsunami surge / K.S.R. Murthy ... [et al.] -- Tsunamigenic sources in the Indian Ocean: factors and impact on the Indian landmass / R.K. Chadha -- Paleo-tsunami and storm surge deposits / K. Arun Kumar, H. Achyuthan, and N. Shankar -- Overview and integration of part 1 / U. Aswathanarayana -- Pt. 2. Modelling of tsunami generation and propagation -- A review of classical concepts on phase and amplitude dispersion: application to tsunamis / N. Nirupama ... [et al.] -- A partial explanation for the initial withdrawal of the ocean during a tsunami / N. Nirupama ... [et al.] -- The energetics of the tsunami of 26 December 2004 in the Indian Ocean: a brief review / N. Nirupama ... [et al.] -- Possible amplification of the tsunami through coupling with internal waves / N. Nirupama ... [et al.] -- Numerical modeling of the Indian Ocean tsunami / Z. Kowalik ... [et al.] -- Modelling techniques for understanding the Indian Ocean tsunami propagation / V. P. Dimri and K. Srivastava -- Validation of tsunami beach run-up height predictive model based on work-energy theorem / G. Muraleedharan ... [et al.] -- Normal modes and tsunami coastal effects / N. Nirupama ... [et al.] -- Helmholtz mode and K-S-P waves: application to tsunamis / N. Nirupama ... [et al.] -- Numerical models for the Indian Ocean tsunami of 26 December 2004: a brief review / P. Chittibabu and T.S. Murty -- The Cauchy-Poisson problem: application to tsunami generation and propagation / N. Nirupama ... [et al.] -- A review and listings of tsunami heights and travel times for the 26 December 2004 event / I. Nistor ... [et al.] -- Overview and integration of part 2 / N. Nirupama -- Pt. 3. Tsunami detection and monitoring systems -- Satellite detection of pre-earthquakes thermal anomaly and sea water turbidity associated with the great Sumatra earthquake / A. K. Saraf ... [et al.] -- Possible detection in the ionosphere of the signals from earthquake and tsunamis / T. S. Murty ... [et al.] -- Seismo-electromagnetic precursors registered by DEMETER satellite / A.K. Gwal ... [et al.] -- Web-enabled and real-time reporting: cellular based instrumentation for coastal sea level and surge monitoring / A. Joseph and R. G. Prabhudesai -- Methodologies for tsunami detection / T.S. Murty ... [et al.] -- Tsunami travel time atlas for the Indian Ocean / P.K. Bhaskaran ... [et al.] -- Overview and integration of part 3 / N. Nirupama -- Pt. 4. Biophysical and socio-economic dimensions of tsunami damage -- Performance of structures affected by the 2004 Sumatra tsunami in Thailand and Indonesia / M. Saatcioglu, A. Ghobarah, and I. Nistor -- Field observations on the tsunami impact along the Kerala Coast, Southwest India / N.P. Kurian, T.N. Prakash, and M. Baba -- Ecological impact on the Indian Ocean tsunami / C.S.P. Iyer -- Tsunami damage to the south eastern coast of India / N. Chandrasekar and R. Ramesh -- Hydrophysical manifestations on the Indian Ocean tsunami / Y. Sadhuram, T.V. Ramana Murthy, and B.P. Rao -- Tsunamis and marine life / D.V. Subba Rao ... [et al.] -- Tsunami impact on coastal habitats of India / P.N. Sridhar ... [et al.] -- Overview and integration of part 4 / U. Aswathanarayana -- Pt. 5. Quo Vadis -- Protection measures against tsunami-type hazards for the coast of Tamil Nadu, India / V. Sundar -- Protective role of coastal ecosystems in the context of the tsunami in Tamil Nadu Coast, India: implications for hazard preparedness / A. Mascarenhas and S. Jayakumar -- Integrated preparedness systems / U. Aswathanarayana -- Social and political aspects of tsunami response, recovery, and preparedness planning: a transdisciplinary approach from Canada / C. Amaratunga and H. Smith Fowler -- An ideal conceptual tsunami warning system for the Indian Ocean / T.S. Murty ... [et al.] -- Overview and integration of part 5 / N. Nirupama.
- Indications and techniques of percutaneous procedures 2011, Springer
- Indicators of children's well-being 2006, Springer
- Individual case formulation 2013, ScienceDirect
- Indoor air quality 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Indoor air quality : a guide for facility managers. 2nd ed. 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Indoor air quality engineering 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Indoor environmental quality 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Induced pluripotent stem cells 2012, Springer
- Induced pluripotent stem cells in brain diseases 2012, Springer
- Induction chemotherapy 2011, Springer
- Industrial pharmaceutical biotechnology 2002, Wileych. 1. Introduction to Functional Biotechnology, p. 1-72 -- ch. 2. Organizational Structures, p. 73-76 -- ch. 3. Markets and Factors, p. 77-78 -- ch. 4. Biotechnology and Medicine, p. 79-116 -- ch. 5. Drug Discovery, p. 117-144 -- ch. 6. Molecular Pharma-Biotechnology, p. 145-194 -- ch. 7. Research and Development, p. 195-200 -- ch. 8. Pharmaceutical Production, p. 201-238 -- ch. 9. Safety, p. 239-240 -- ch. 10. Environment, p. 241-243 -- ch. 11. Ethics, p. 245-246 -- ch. 12. Companies, Institutes, Networks, and Organizations, p. 247-261.
- Industrial proteins in perspective 2003, ScienceDirect
- Industrialization of drug discovery 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Indwelling neural implants 2008, CRCnetBASEOverview of wound healing in different tissue types / John D. Stroncek and William M. Reichert -- Considerations for chronically implanted electrodes for brain interfacing / Warren M. Grill -- Thermal considerations for the design of an implanted cortical brain-machine-interface / Patrick D. Wolf -- In vitro models for neuroelectrodes: a paradigm for studying tissue-materials interactions in the brain / Vadim Polikov ... [et al.] -- In vivo solute diffusivity in brain tissue surrounding indwelling neural implants -- Michael J. Bridge and Patrick A. Tresco -- A molecular perspective on understanding and modulating the performance of chronic CNS recording electrodes / Wei He and Ravi V. Bellamkonda -- Soft, fuzzy, and bioactive conducting polymers for improving the chronic performance of neural prosthetic devices / Dong-Hwan Kim ... [et al.] -- Strategies for regeneration and repair in the injured CNS / Molly S. Shoichet ... [et al.].
- Inevitable aging? 2008, Springer
- Inevitable hour 2013The good death at home -- Medical professionals (sometimes) steps in -- Cultivating detachment, sidetracking care -- Institutionalizing the incurable -- "All our dread and apprehension" -- "Nothing more to do" -- A place to die -- The sacred and the spiritual.
- Infant feeding practices 2011, SpringerInfant feeding beliefs and practices across cultures: an introduction -- Managing the lactating body: the breastfeeding project in the age of anxiety -- Attitudes to breastfeeding -- The imperative to breastfeed: an Australian perspective -- Infant feeding and the problems of policy -- Shifting identities: social and cultural factors that shape decision-making around sustaining breastfeeding -- Breastfeeding under the blanket: exploring the tensions between health and social attitudes to breastfeeding in the United States, Ireland, and the United Kingdom -- Breastfeeding beliefs and practices among employed women: a Thai cultural perspective -- Good mothers and infant feeding practices among women in Northern Thailand -- Breastfeeding in sub-Saharan Africa: still the best despite the risk of HIV -- Infant feeding in the era of HIV: challenges and opportunities -- Facing competing cultures of breastfeeding: the experience of HIV-positive women in Burkina Faso -- Fluid boundaries: multiple meanings of the illness 'moto' in Northern Malawi -- From traditional to optimal breastfeeding practices: selected cases from Central and Southern Africa -- Hoki kit e ukaipo: reinstating Maori infant care practices to increase breastfeeding rates -- Infant feeding in indigenous Australian communities -- Breastfeeding, vertical disease transmission and the volition of medicines in Malawi -- Infant feeding beliefs and practices in Islamic societies: focusing on rural Turkey -- Early initiation of breastfeeding and its beneficial effects in Japan -- Socio-cultural factors influencing feeding patterns within 6 months postpartum in rural Vietnam -- Infant feeding following migration: attitudes and practices of women born in Turkey and Vietnam after migration to Australia.
- Infected implant 2009, Springer
- Infection and autoimmunity 2004, ScienceDirect
- Infection and inflammation 2006, KargerIn remembrance of Rudolf Virchow (1821-1902) / Schmidt, A. -- In memoriam of Rudolf Virchow: a historical retrospective including aspects of inflammation, infection and neoplasia / Schmidt, A., Weber, O.F. -- Aneuploidy and cancer: from correlation to causation / Duesberg, P. ... [et al.] -- Adult stem cell theory of the multi-stage, multi-mechanism theory of carcinogenesis: role of inflammation on the promotion of initiated stem cells / Trosko, J.E., Tai, M.-H. -- Helicobacter pylori and gastric neoplasia / Leung, W.K. -- Schistosomiasis and neoplasia / Yosry, A. -- Relevant oncogenic viruses in veterinary medicine: original pathogens and animal models for human disease / Truyen, U., L"chelt, M. -- The inflammatory tumor microenvironment and its impact on cancer development / de Visser, K.E., Coussens, L.M. -- Co-opting macrophage traits in cancer progression: a consequence of tumor cell fusion? / Pawelek, J. ... [et al.] -- Carcinogenesis driven by bone marrow-derived stem cells / Dittmar, T. ... [et al.] -- Chemokine-directed metastasis / Gomperts, B.N., Strieter, R.M. -- Involvement of chemokine receptors in organ-specific metastasis / Zlotnik, A. -- Visualization of tumor cell extravasation / Heyder, C. ... [et al.] -- Options for visualizing metastatic disease in the living body / Helms, M.W., Brandt, B.H., Contag, C. -- Infection, inflammation and neoplasia: an interdisciplinary challenge / Zaenker, K.S.
- Infection and local treatment in orthopedic surgery 2007, Springer
- Infection control in the intensive care unit. 2nd ed. 2005, Springer
- Infection control in the intensive care unit. 3rd ed. 2012, Springer
- Infection, immune homeostasis and immune privilege 2012, SpringerThe Eye as a model for immune privilege -- Immune privilege of the testis: meaning, mechanisms, and manifestations -- The Role of intrauterine immune privilege in perinatal infectious diseases -- The Liver as an immune-privileged site -- Immune homeostasis of the lung: the role of regulatory NKT cells in asthma -- Immune homeostasis of the gut.
- Infection. 3rd ed. 2006The nature and pathogenesis of infection -- Structure and classification of pathogens -- Laboratory techniques in the diagnosis of infection -- Antimicrobial chemotherapy -- Infections with skin, mucosal and soft-tissue disorders -- Upper respiratory tract infections -- Lower respiratory tract infections -- Gastrointestinal infections and food poisoning -- Infections of the liver -- Infections of the urinary tract -- Childhood infections -- Infections of the cardiovascular system -- Infections of the central nervous system -- Bone and joint infections -- Genital and sexually transmitted diseases -- HIV infection and retroviral diseases -- Congenital and perinatal infections -- Tuberculosis and other mycobacterial diseases -- Bacteraemia and sepsis -- Pyrexia of unknown origin -- Post-infectious disorders -- Infections in immunocompromised patients -- Hospital infections -- Travel-associated and exotic infections -- Control of infection in the community -- Emerging and re-emerging infections.
- Pathogens -- Defense systems -- Detection of pathogens -- Anti-infectives (antibacterials, virostatics, antimycotics, antiparasitics, antiseptics, immunoglobulins) -- Signs of Infection -- Diagnosis of infections during gynecological examination -- Gynecologic infections -- Infections during pregnancy -- Peripartal and puerperal infections -- Inflammation of the breast -- Sexually transmitted infections -- Helminthic infections -- Infections of other body regions -- Self-inflicted infections -- Prevention of infections.
- Infections in the adult intensive care unit 2013, Springer
- pt. 1. Methods in infectious disease epidemiology. -- Early history of infectious disease: epidemiology and control of infectious diseases -- Epidemiology of infectious disease: general principles -- Study design -- Surveillance -- Outbreak epidemiology -- Mathematical modeling: the dynamics of infection -- Microbiology tools for the epidemiologist -- Molecular epidemiology and infectious diseases -- Geographic information systems -- Vaccines- past, present and future -- Nutrition and infectious diseases. -- pt. 2. Emerging and nosocomial infections. -- Emerging and new infectious diseases --Nosocomial infections. -- pt. 3. Airborne transmission. -- Tuberculosis -- Epidemiology of acute respiratory infections -- Epidemiology and prevention of influenza. -- pt. 4. Diarrheal diseases. -- Diarreheal diseases. -- pt. 5. Blood and body fluid as a reservoir of infectious diseases. -- Review of the epidemiology of human immunodeficiency virus infection and acquired immune deficiency syndrome -- Viral hepatitis -- Sexually transmitted diseases. -- pt. 6. Vectorborne and parasite diseases. -- Lyme disease -- Epidemiology and control of malaria -- Epidemiology of helminth infections.
- Infectious disease in the aging. 2nd ed. 2009, SpringerConcepts and principles of infections and aging -- Epidemiology of aging and infectious diseases -- Factors predisposing to infection -- Clinical features of infection -- Role and importance of functional assessment in infections -- Principles of antimicrobial therapy -- Common infections -- Sepsis -- Bronchitis and pneumonia -- Tuberculosis in older adults -- Infective endocarditis -- Intra-abdominal infections -- Infectious diarrhea -- Urinary tract infection -- Bacterial meningitis and brain abscess -- Osteomyelitis and septic arthritis -- Skin and soft tissues infections -- Herpes zoster -- Orofacial and odontogenic infections in the elderly -- Ocular infections -- Otitis externa, otitis media, and sinusitis -- Prosthetic joint infections in elderly patients -- Staphylococcal and enterococcal infections -- Fungal infections -- Viral infections -- Unique infectious disease problems -- Infections in the long-term care setting -- Infection control programs in nursing homes -- Infections in diabetes -- Vaccinations -- Nutrition and infection -- Sexually transmitted diseases -- Human immunodeficiency virus/acquired immunodeficiency syndrome -- SARS and West Nile virus.
- Infectious disease informatics 2010, SpringerInformatics for infectious disease research and control -- Bioinformatics of microbial sequences -- Mining databases for microbial gene sequences -- Comparative genomics of pathogens -- Systems microbiology: gaining insights in transcriptional networks -- Host-pathogen systems biology -- Text mining for discovery of host-pathogen interactions -- Network approach to understanding pathogen population structure -- Computational epitope mapping -- Pangenomic reverse vaccinology -- Immunoinformatics: the next step in vaccine design -- Understanding the shared bacterial genome -- Computational grammars for interrogation of genomes -- In silico discovery of chemotherapeutic agents -- Informatics for healthcare epidemiology -- Automated, high-throughput surveillance systems for public health -- Microbial genotyping systems for infection control -- Temporal and spatial clustering of bacterial genotypes -- Infectious disease ontology -- Populations, patients, germs and genes: ethics of genomics and informatics in communicable disease control.
- Infectious diseases and pathology of reptiles 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Infectious diseases and substance abuse 2005, Springer
- Infectious diseases from nature 2005, Springer
- Infectious diseases in critical care. 2nd ed. 2007, SpringerApproach to the febrile patient in the intensive care unit -- Cardiovascular monitoring in severe sepsis or septic shock -- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation and infection -- Opportunistic infections in the intensive care unit: a microbiologic overview -- Infections in critically ill solid organ transplant patients -- HIV in the intensive care unit -- Fungal infections -- Using protocols to improve the outcomes of critically ill patients with infection: focus on ventilator-associated pneumonia and severe sepsis -- Microbial surveillance in the intensive care unit -- Antimicrobial prophylaxis in the intensive care unit -- Antifungal therapy in the intensive care unit -- Dose adjustment and pharmacokinetics of antibiotics in severe sepsis and septic shock -- Prescription of antimicrobial agents in patients undergoing continuous renal replacement therapy -- Methods for implementing antibiotic control in the intensive care unit -- Use of antibiotics in pregnant patients in the intensive care unit -- Immunomodulation in sepsis -- Antibiotic induced diarrhea -- Fundamentals of infection control and strategies for the intensive care unit -- Antibiotic resistance in the intensive care unit -- Epidemiology of pseudomonas aeruginosa in the intensive care unit -- How to control MRSA spread in the intensive care unit -- Epidemiology of acinetobacter baumannii in the intensive care unit -- Brain abscess -- Falciparum malaria -- Toxic shock syndromes -- Acute infective endocarditis -- Influenza --Bloodstream infection in the intensive care unit -- Bloodstream infections in patients with total parenteral nutrition catheters -- Hemodialysis catheter-related infections -- Infection of pulmonary arterial and peripheral arterial catheters -- Prevention of catheter-related bloodstream infections in critical care patients -- Meningococcemia -- Septic shock -- Tracheobronchitis in the intensive care unit -- Sever community-acquired pneumonia -- Legionnaires' disease -- Adjunctive and supportive measures for community-acquired pneumonia -- Respiratory infection in immunocompromised neutropenic patients -- Pneumonia in non-neutropenic immunocompromised patients -- Community-acquired respiratory complications in the intensive care unit: pneumonia and acute exacerbations of COPD -- Management of hospital-associated pneumonia in the intensive care unit -- Assessment of resolution of ventilator associated pneumonia -- Invasive devices in the pathogenesis of nosocomial pneumonia -- Multiple organ dysfunction syndrome -- Sepsis in obstetrics -- Diagnosis and management of intra-abdominal sepsis -- Surgical site infection control in the critical care environment -- Severe soft tissue infections: a syndrome-based approach -- Vascular graft infections -- Acute mediastinitis -- Pancreatic infection -- Urinary tract infections -- Neurosurgical infections in intensive care unit patients -- Biliary tract infections.
- "THE INFECTIOUS DISEASES OF HAITI is one in a series of GIDEON e-books which summarize the status of individual infectious diseases, in every country of the world. Data are based on the GIDEON database (www.gideononline.com) which relies on standard text books, peer-review journals, Health Ministry reports and ProMED, supplemented by an ongoing search of the medical literature. Chapters are arranged alphabetically, by disease name. Each section is divided into four sections: 1. Descriptive epidemiology; 2. Summary of clinical features; 3. Status of the disease in Haiti ; 4. References. The initial items in the first section, Descriptive epidemiology, are defined as follows: Agent: Classification (e.g., virus, parasite) and taxonomic designation; Reservoir: Any animal, arthropod, plant, soil or substance in which an infectious agent normally lives and multiplies, on which it depends primarily for survival, and where it reproduces itself in such a manner that it can be transmitted to a susceptible host; Vector: An arthropod or other living carrier which transports an infectious agent from an infected organism or reservoir to a susceptible individual or immediate surroundings; Vehicle: The mode of transmission for an infectious agent. This generally implies a passive and inanimate (i.e., non-vector) mode. There are 347 generic infectious diseases in the world today. 198 of these are endemic, or potentially endemic, to Haiti. A number of other diseases are not relevant to Haiti and have not been included in this book. In addition to endemic diseases, we have included all published data regarding imported diseases and infection among expatriates from this country. The availability and quality of literature regarding specific infectious diseases varies from country to country. As such, you may find that many of the sections in this book are limited to a general discussion of the disease itself - with no data regarding the country under review. Since this book focuses on Geographic Medicine, it does not include detailed information on diagnostic testing, pathogenesis, therapy or molecular biology. Many of the diseases are generic. For example, such designations as Pneumonia bacterial and Urinary tract infection include a number of individual diseases. These appear under the subheading, Synonyms, listed under each disease. The entire book will be updated on a regular basis.
- Infectious diseases. 2nd ed. v. 1-2, 2004.
- Infectious diseases. 3rd ed. 2004, Ovid
- Infectious diseases. 3rd ed. v. 1-2, 2010.
- Inferior colliculus 2005, Springer
- Inflammasomes 2011, Springer
- Inflammation and atherosclerosis 2012, Springer
- Inflammation and cancer v. 1-2, 2009, Springer Protocolsv. 2, 2009 Springer Protocolsv. 1. Experimental models and practical approaches -- v. 2. Molecular analysis and pathways.
- Inflammation and gastrointestinal cancers 2011, SpringerBasic concepts of inflammation and its role in carcinogenesis -- Inherited syndromes predisposing to inflammation and GI cancer -- Stem cells and inflammation in the intestine -- Acid reflux and oesophageal cancer -- Helicobacter pylori and gastric cancer -- Inflammatory bowel disease and colon cancer -- Primary sclerosing cholangitis -- Chronic inflammation and hepatocellular carcinoma -- Gastrointestinal cancer: current screening strategies -- Targeted drug therapies and cancer -- Genetics of inflammation in the gastrointestinal tract and how it can cause cancer -- Endoscopic methods.
- Inflammation and retinal disease 2010, SpringerThe case for complement and inflammation in AMD : open questions / Natalia Karagianni and Anthony P. Adamis -- The role of complement in AMD / Peter F. Zipfel, Nadine Lauer, and Christine Skerka -- Multiple interactions of complement factor H with its ligands in solution : a progress report / Stephen J. Perkins ... [et al.] -- Genetic control of complement activation in humans and age related macular degeneration / Laura A. Hecker and Albert O. Edwards -- Bisretinoids of RPE lipofuscin : trigger for complement activation in age-related macular degeneration / Janet R. Sparrow -- The role of the classical complement cascade in synapse loss during development and glaucoma / Allison M. Rosen and Beth Stevens -- A role for complement in glaucoma? / Lizhen Ren and John Danias -- The ATP-binding cassette transporter ABCA4 : structural and functional properties and role in retinal disease / Yaroslav Tsybovsky, Robert S. Molday, and Krzysztof Palczewski -- Suppression of drusen formation by compstatin, a peptide inhibitor of complement C3 activation, on cynomolgus monkey with early-onset macular degeneration / Zai-Long Chi ... [et al.] -- A targeted inhibitor of the complement alternative pathway reduces RPE injury and angiogenesis in models of age-related macular degeneration / Bärbel Rohrer ... [et al.] -- Complement depletion with humanized cobra venom factor in a mouse model of age-related macular degeneration / David C. Fritzinger ... [et al.]
- Inflammation in psychiatry 2013, KargerBasic aspects of the immunology of neuroinflammation / Wohleb, E.S.; Godbout, J.P. -- Stress and neuroinflammation / Grippo, A.J., Scotti, M.-A.L. -- Role of inflammation in depression : implications for phenomenology, pathophysiology and treatment / Raison, C.L., Miller, A.H. -- Virus infection as a cause of inflammation in psychiatric disorders / Bechter, K. -- Inflammation, neurotoxins and psychiatric disorders / Myint, A.-M. -- Essential fatty acids as potential anti-inflammatory agents in the treatment of affective disorders / Song, C. -- The brain-gut axis : a target for treating stress-related disorders / Scott, L.V., Clarke, G., Dinan, T.G. -- The question of pro-inflammatory immune activity in schizophrenia and the potential importance of anti-inflammatory drugs / Arolt, V., Ambrée, O. -- Inflammation as the cause of the metabolic syndrome in depression / Leonard, B.E. -- Glucocorticoids and inflammation : a double-headed sword in depression? / Horowitz, M.A. ... [et al.] -- Co-morbidity between cardiovascular pathology and depression : role of inflammation -- Halaris, A. -- Inflammatory and oxidative and nitrosative stress cascades as new drug targets in myalgic encephalomyelitis and chronic fatigue syndrome -- Maes, M. -- Peripheral inflammation and cognitive aging -- Lim, A., Krajina, K., Marsland, A.L. -- Inflammation in suicidality : implications for novel treatment options / Janelidze, S., Brundin, L.
- Inflammation in the pathogenesis of chronic diseases 2007, Springer
- Inflammation protocols 2003, Springer Protocols
- Inflammation, lifestyle, and chronic disease 2012, CRCnetBASE"Oxidative stress and inflammation are among the most important factors of disease. Chronic infections, obesity, alcohol and tobacco usage, radiation, environmental pollutants, and high-calorie diets have been recognized as major risk factors for a variety of chronic diseases from cancer to metabolic diseases. All these risk factors are linked to chronic diseases through inflammation. While short-term, acute inflammation generated by the immune system serves a therapeutic role, chronic low-level inflammation that may persist "silently" for decades is responsible for chronic diseases. Inflammation, Lifestyle, and Chronic Diseases: The Silent Link describes the role of dysregulated inflammation in persistent and recurring diseases. It investigates links to lifestyle and presents research on how the suppression of proinflammatory pathways may provide opportunities for both prevention and treatment of chronic diseases. The book covers neurodegenerative diseases, pulmonary diseases, asthma, rheumatic and arthritic diseases, skin disease, heart disease, chronic wounds, infectious disease, neuropsychiatric disorders such as depression, gastrointestinal diseases, insulin resistance, and cancer, many of which are also diseases of old age. For each chronic disease, contributors review the clinical and scientific literature and examine current and potential therapies, including conventional pharmacotherapies as well as natural products. Noting that the long-term use of steroids and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) can cause adverse side effects, many of the chapters address the role of dietary agents such as fruits, vegetables, legumes, pulses, nuts, and spices as ideal anti-inflammatory agents that can be consumed regularly. The book also suggests directions for further research. Clinical and science researchers, students, and health professionals interested in the link between inflammation, lifestyle, and chronic diseases will find this an informative resource"--Provided by publisher.
- Inflammatory arthritis in clinical practice 2008, Springer
- Inflammatory atherosclerosis 2002, NCBI Bookshelf
- Inflammatory bowel disease. 2nd ed. 2003, Springer
- Inflammatory bowel disease. 2nd ed. 2011, Springer
- Inflammatory breast cancer 2013, Springer
- Inflammatory breast cancer 2012, SpringerIntroduction: Why IBC Now? /Naoto T. Ueno and Massimo Cristofanilli --Epidemiology of Inflammatory Breast Cancer /Shannon Wiggins, Sarah Taylor and Melissa Bondy --Clinical Aspect of Inflammatory Breast Cancer: Diagnosis, Criteria, Controversy /Shaheenah Dawood and Vicente Valero --Inflammatory Breast Cancer Registry /Jie S. Willey and Naoto T. Ueno --Pathology: Histomorphometrical Features of IBC - Angiogenesis, Lymphangiogenesis, and Tumor Emboli /Sanford H. Barsky and Fredika M. Robertson --Imaging for the Diagnosis and Staging of IBC /Wei Tse Yang --Surgical Therapy for Inflammatory Breast Cancer /Sarah M. Gainer, Hideko Yamauchi and Anthony Lucci --Radiation Therapy for Inflammatory Breast Cancer /Thomas A. Buchholz, Ian Bristol and Wendy Woodward --Systemic and Targeted Therapy /Hideko Yamauchi, Teruo Yamauchi, Naoto T. Ueno and Vicente Valero --Inflammatory Breast Cancer: Chemotherapy of Metastatic Disease /Anthony Gonçalves and Patrice Viens --The Role of the Multidisciplinary Team in Inflammatory Breast Cancer /Nabila Chowdhury and Sandra M. Swain --High-Dose Chemotherapy with Autologous Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation in Inflammatory Breast Cancer /Yee Chung Cheng and Naoto T. Ueno --Models of Inflammatory Breast Cancer /Lara Lacerda and Wendy A. Woodward --Signaling Pathways in Inflammatory Breast Cancer /Dongwei Zhang and Naoto T. Ueno --Molecules That Drive the Invasion and Metastasis of Inflammatory Breast Cancer /Madhura Joglekar and Kenneth L. van Golen --Inflammatory Mediators as Therapeutic Targets for Inflammatory Breast Cancer /Fredika M. Robertson, Khoi Chu, Rita Circo, Julia Wulfkuhle and Lance Liotta, et al. --Immunology of Inflammatory Breast Cancer /James M. Reuben and Bang-Ning Lee --Angiogenesis and Lymphangiogenesis in IBC: Insights from a Genome-Wide Gene Expression Profiling Study /Peter B. Vermeulen, Gert Van den Eynden, Pascal Finetti, Daniel Birnbaum and Naoto T. Ueno, et al. --Microarray Analysis Identifies an Expression Signature for Inflammatory Breast Cancer /François Bertucci, Pascal Finetti, Max Chaffanet, Patrice Viens and Daniel Birnbaum --Cell Gene Expression Signatures in Inflammatory Breast Cancer /Wendy A. Woodward --The Effect of Systemic Chemotherapy on Minimal Residual Disease in the Blood and Bone Marrow of Patients with Inflammatory Breast Cancer /Luc Y. Dirix, Dieter Peeters, Steven Van Laere and Peter B. Vermeulen --Perspective of Patient Advocacy /Michelle Esteban and Patti Bradfield.
- Inflammatory dermatopathology 2011, SpringerSpongiotic dermatitis -- Psoriasiform dermatitis -- Interface dermatitis -- Perivascular dermatitis -- Vasculitis and thrombotic disorders -- Nodular and diffuse dermatitis -- Palisading granulomatous dermatitis -- Sclerosing dermatitis -- Bullous dermatitis -- Panniculitis -- Infections -- Miscellaneous dermatoses: invisible dermatoses and inflammatory processes that clinically mimic tumors.
- Inflammatory dermatoses 2010, SpringerSuperficial perivascular dermatitis -- Lichenoid/vacuolar dermatitis -- Superficial perivascular dermatitis with spongiotic epidermal changes -- Superficial perivascular dermatitis with psoriasiform epidermal changes -- Superepidermal blistering processes -- Intraepidermal blisters -- Granulomatous dermatitis -- Cutaneous vasculitis -- Alopecias -- Panniculitis -- Histologic mimics of cutaneous lymphoma -- Dermal pigmentary disorders -- Dermal deposition disorders without pigment.
- Inflammatory disorders of the nervous system 2005, SpringerEndothelial cell-leukocyte interactions during CNS inflammation / J. Steven Alexander and Alireza Minagar -- Interactions of the CNS and immune system / Monica J. Carson, Crystal S. Anglen, and Corinne Ploix -- Cytokines and brain : health and disease / Tammy Kielian and Paul D. Drew -- Chemokines and central nervous system disorders / William J. Karpus -- Circulating cell-derived microparticles in thrombotic and inflammatory disorders / Wenche Jy ... [et al.] -- Multiple sclerosis : clinical features, immunopathogenesis, and clinical management / William A. Sheremata -- Neuroprotective effects of interferon-b in multiple sclerosis / Fabrizio Giuliani, Rana Zabad, and V. Wee Yong -- Acute disseminated encephalomyelitis / Sean J. Pittock and Dean M. Wingerchuk -- Ingested type interferon in experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis / Staley A. Brod --Neuromyelitis optica / Dean M. Wingerchuk -- Transverse myelitis : clinical manifestations, pathogenesis, and management / Douglas A. Kerr ... [et al.] -- Optic neuritis : pathogenesis, immunology, and clinical management / Rohit Bakshi and Robert Zivadinov -- Central nervous system vasculitis : pathogenesis, immunology, and clinical management / Shariq Mumtaz ... [et al.] -- Neurosarcoidosis : pathogenesis, immunology, and clinical management / Dakshinamurty Gullapalli and Lawrence H. Phillips II -- Neuropsychiatric SLE : pathogenesis, immunology, and clinical management / Deborah Aleman-Hoey and Robin Brey -- Gene expression in HIV-associated dementia / Paul Shapshak ... [et al.] -- Human T-lymphotropic virus-associated neurological disorders : pathogenesis, immunology, and clinical treatment / Michael Lairmore ... [et al.] -- West Nile virus infection of the nervous system : pathogenesis, immunology, and clinical management / Douglas J. Lanska.
- Inflammatory myopathies 2009, SpringerEvaluation of the patient -- Classification of idiopathic inflammatory myopathies -- Inflammatory milieu: cells and cytokines -- Juvenile dermatomyositis: an update on clinical and laboratory findings -- Inclusion body myositis -- Role of muscle biopsy in the diagnosis of inflammatory myopathy -- Electromyography -- Magnetic resonance imaging of myopathies and myositis -- Ultrasound in the evaluation of the inflammatory myopathies -- Serological findings -- Antisynthetase syndrome -- Pulmonary manifestations of inflammatory myopathy -- Dermatological manifestations of dermatomyositis -- Differential diagnosis of inflammatory myopathy -- Outcomes and assessment for inflammatory muscle disease -- Muscle strength and exercise in patients with inflammatory myopathies -- Risk of malignancy in patients with dermatomyositis and polymyositis -- Treatment.
- Inflammatory response in cardiovascular surgery 2013, SpringerPart I:General Topics.Neuroendocrine Response and Shock /Riad N. Younes, Fernando C. Abrão --The Role of Lymphocytes in the Pathogenesis of Atherosclerosis: Focus on CD4+ T Cell Subsets /Ingrid E. Dumitriu --Immunological Mechanisms of Inflammation /Nilo José Coêlho Duarte, Cyro Alves de Brito, Alberto José da Silva Duarte --Part II:Carotid Diseases.Role of Lipoproteins in Carotid Arterial Disease /Efthymios D. Avgerinos, Christos D. Liapis --Carotid Endarterectomy: Inflammatory Aspects /Sthefano Atique Gabriel, Edmo Atique Gabriel --Endovascular Treatment of Carotid Disease: Inflammatory Aspects /Sthefano Atique Gabriel, Edmo Atique Gabriel --Part III:Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm.Role of Matrix Metalloproteinases and Aortic Wall Degradation in Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms /George A. Antoniou, George S. Georgiadis --Role of Haptoglobin in Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm /Valerio Napolioni --Inflammatory Aortic Aneurysm /Guilherme Vieira Meirelles --Endovascular Treatment of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms: Current Approaches and New Devices /Armando de Carvalho Lobato, Robert Guimarães do Nascimento --Endovascular Treatment of Ruptured Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms /Frank J. Veith ... [et al.] --Part IV:Critical Lower Limb Ischemia.Thromboangiitis Obliterans /Otacílio de Camargo Júnior, Juliana Lech de Camargo --Inflammatory Markers and Mortality in Critical Lower Limb Ischemia /Anders Gottsäter --Arterial Wall Remodeling and Restenosis Following Vascular Reconstruction /Xue Ma, Randolph L. Geary --Shear Stress and Endothelial Cell Retention in Critical Lower Limb Ischemia /Caroline Jadlowiec, Alan Dardik --Arterial Transplantation for Limb Salvage /Thomas Hölzenbein ... [et al.] --Part V:Vascular Trauma.Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation in Vascular Trauma /Ramyar Gilani ... [et al.] --Temporary Intravascular Shunt in Complex Vascular Injury /Ding Wei-wei, Li Jie-shou --Part VI:Venous Diseases.Metalloproteinases in Acute Venous Occlusion /Anita C. Thomas --Idiopathic Venous Thromboembolism /Crina Sinescu, FESC --Inflammation, Thrombogenesis, Fibrinolysis, and Vein Wall Remodeling After Deep Venous Thrombosis /Jose Antonio Diaz, Daniel Durant Myers Jr. --Varicose Veins: Venous Wall Changes, Inflammation, and Matrix Metalloproteinases /Joseph D. Raffetto --Part VII:Visceral Vasculopathy.Management of Aneurysms in Takayasu's Arteritis /Christian Espinoza Silva, Diego Soto Valdés, Vania Rozas Almeida --Mesenteric Vasculitis /Mateus Picada-Correa, Gustavo S. Oderich --Part VIII:Peripheral Aneurysms.Inflammatory Peripheral Arterial Aneurysms /Gianluca Faggioli ... [et al.] --Endovascular Femoropopliteal Interventions: Evolving Devices /Cassidy Duran, Jean Bismuth --Part IX:Cardiopulmonary Bypass.Modulation of Inflammatory Response in Cardiopulmonary Bypass /Shahzad G. Raja --The Systemic Inflammatory Response Syndrome Following Cardiopulmonary Bypass in Children /Harald L. Lindberg, Tom N. Hoel --Vacuum-Assisted Venous Drainage in Cardiac Surgery /Wakako Fukuda, Takeshi Goto, Ikuo Fukuda --Miniaturize CPB Versus Off-Pump Surgery /Francesco Formica --Thyroid Hormones and Cardiovascular Surgery /Edmo Atique Gabriel, Sthefano Atique Gabriel --Inflammatory Response in Cardiovascular Surgery /Kaan Kaya --Lung Protection in Cardiovascular Surgery /Edmo Atique Gabriel, Sthefano Atique Gabriel --Part X:Coronary Artery Disease.Fifteen Years of 'No-Touch' Saphenous Vein Harvesting in Patients Undergoing Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery: What Have We Learned? /Michael R. Dashwood, Domingos S. R. Souza --Platelets and Coronary Artery Disease /Meinrad Gawaz, Harald Langer, Tobias Geisler --Part XI:Heart Valve Diseases.Role of Bone Morphogenetic Proteins in Valvulogenesis /Russell A. Gould, Jonathan T. Butcher --Dysfunctional Mechanisms of Anti-inflammation in Aortic Stenosis /David A. Fullerton, Xianzhong Meng --Heart Valve Surgery and the Antiphospholipid Syndrome /Carlos A. Mestres, Cecilia Marcacci, Gerard Espinosa --Part XII:Congenital Heart Diseases.Neurohormonal Factors in Pediatric Heart Surgery /Jacek Kolcz --Antifibrinolytic Therapy in Pediatric Congenital Heart Surgery /Ehrenfried Schindler --Thromboembolism in Cyanotic Heart Disease: Mechanisms and Therapies /Toshio Nakanishi --Endovascular Management of Coarctation of the Aorta /Edward B. Diethrich --Part XIII:Thoracoabdominal Aortic Aneurysm.Inflammatory Response in Open and Endovascular Treatment /Edmo Atique Gabriel, Sthefano Atique Gabriel --Surgical Treatment of Aortic Aneurysm in Patients with Aortitis /Maqsood M. Elahi, Kenton J. Zehr --Part XIV:Heart and Lung Transplantation.Cytokine Profile in Heart Transplantation /Ahmet Ruchan Akar, Serkan Durdu, Bahadır Inan --Platelet Activation After Lung Transplantation /David Sternberg, Joshua Sonett --Role of BNP in Pediatric Heart Transplantation /Marcelo Biscegli Jatene, Estela Azeka --Nutritional Factors, Oxidative Stress and Lung Transplantation /Janet Madill ... [et al.] --Part XV:Ventricular Assist Device.Mechanical Unloading and Heart Remodeling Features /Nikolaos A. Diakos, Omar Wever-Pinzon, Anthony S. Zannas --Part VI:Stem Cells in Cardiovascular Surgery.Cytokine Profiles in Cardiac Diseases and Marrow Stromal Cells Therapy /Nasser Alkhamees, Alice Le Huu --Hypoxic Preconditioning of Cardiac Progenitor Cells for Ischemic Heart /Shiyue Xu, Gangjian Qin.
- Influence of genetics on contemporary thinking 2007, SpringerPt. 1. Genetics and the life sciences -- Pt. 2. Genetics and philosophy of science: the reductionism debate and beyond -- Pt. 3. Genetics and the ethical, legal and sociological debate.
- Influenza pandemic of 1918-1919 2013, Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Appearing in the midst of the First World War, the influenza virus of 1918-1919 blazed across the globe in a matter of months, leaving in its wake a death toll that would surpass that of the war itself. It appeared suddenly and with explosive impact, and defied all previous understandings of the disease: the illness struck quickly and without warning, felling people in their homes, at work, and in the streets, and unlike previous manifestations of the disease, which tended to take infants and the elderly, this strain primarily struck men and women in the prime of their lives. Especially virulent, it moved quickly through homes, military barracks, cities, and towns, first appearing in the American Midwest and quickly making its way to South America, Africa, Europe, Asia, and Australia. Doctors and other medical professionals were helpless to understand or treat it, and governments were unable to contain or manage it. By the time the virus died out in the fall of 1919, it had taken the lives of up to sixty million people. Like the war, the pandemic shook the foundations of individuals, families, and entire societies around the globe, and its impact would continue to be felt throughout the first half of the twentieth century.
- Influenza vaccines for the future. 2nd ed. 2011, Springerpt. 1. Evolution and epidemiology -- pt. 2. Immunity and vaccine strategies -- pt. 3. Economic and social implications.
- Influenza virus sialidase-- a drug discovery target 2012, Springer
- Influenza. 1st ed. 2002, ScienceDirect
- Informatics for the clinical laboratory 2005, Springer
- Informatics in proteomics 2005, CRCnetBASEChapter 1. The Promise of Proteomics: Biology, Applications, and Challenges / Paul D. Wagner and Sudhir Srivastava -- Chapter 2. Proteomics Technologies and Bioinformatics / Sudhir Srivastava and Mukesh Verma -- Chapter 3. Creating a National Virtual Knowledge Environment.
- Information and communication technologies in healthcare 2011, CRCnetBASE
- Information and knowledge 2008, Springer
- Information discovery on electronic health records 2010, CRCnetBASEOverview of XML / Fernando Farfan, Vagelis Hristidis -- Electronic health records / Fernando Farfan, Ramakrishna Varadarajan, and Vagelis Hristidis -- Overview of information discovery techniques on EHRs / Vagelis Hristidis -- Data Quality and integration issues in electronic health records / Ricardo Joao Cruz-Correia ... [et al.] -- Ethical, legal, and social issues for EHR data protection / Reid Cushman -- Searching electronic health records / Ramakrishna Varadarajan ... [et al.] -- Data mining and knowledge discovery on EHRs / Donald J. Berndt, Monica Chiarini Tremblay, and Stephen L. Luther -- Privacy-preserving information discovery on EHRs / Li Xiong ... [et al.] -- Real-time and mobile physiological data analysis / Daniele Apiletti ... [et al.] -- Medical image segmentation / Xiaolei Huang and Gavriil Tschpenakis.
- Information hiding 2007, Springer
- Information modeling and relational databases 2001, ScienceDirect
- Information resources in toxicology. 4th ed. 2009, ScienceDirect
- Information security policies, procedures, and standards 2002, CRCnetBASE
- 5050 pt. 1. Overview -- pt. 2. Clinical practice issues -- pt. 3. Patient and client centric technologies section -- pt. 4. Organizational issues.
- Information technology in pharmacy 2013, Springer
- Information technology solutions for healthcare 2006, Springer
- Information visualization 2008, Springer
- Informing the future. 3rd ed. 2005, NAP
- Ingenix CPT with RVUs data file 2011, STAT!Ref
- Ingested nitrate and nitrite -- 1. Exposure data -- 2. Studies of cancer in humans -- 3. Studies of cancer in experimental animals -- 4. Mechanistic and other relevant data -- 5. Summary of data reported -- 6. Evaluation and rationale -- -- Cyanobacterial peptide toxins -- 1. Exposure data -- 2. Studies of cancer in humans -- 3. Studies of cancer in experimental animals -- 4. Mechanistic and other relevant data -- 5. Summary of data reported -- 6. Evaluation and rationale
- Ingredient interactions. 2nd ed. 2006, CRCnetBASE
- I die, but my memory lives on ..........
- — Immunology at a glance. 9th ed. ........
- Immunology for pharmacy ................
- — Ingredient interactions. 2nd ed. .......
- Inhalation aerosols. 2nd ed. ...........
- — Interventional management of urologic...
- Interventional oncology ................
- — IUTAM Symposium on Impact Biomechanic...
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
1st ed. [print] 2013
Author: Ofri, Danielle