- Hacker and Moore's Essentials of obst...
- — Handbook of neurochemistry and molecu...
- Handbook of neurochemistry and molecu...
- — Health of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and...
- Health of sexual minorities ............
- — HIV and AIDS ...........................
- HIV and AIDS in Africa .................
- — Hysteroscopy. 3rd ed. ..................
- Health of sexual minorities 2007, Springerpt. 3.Prejudice and pride in health --ch.8.Sexual stigma : putting sexual minority health issues in context /Gregory M. Herek,Regina Chopp,andDarryl Strohl --ch. 9.Globalization, structural violence, and LGBT health : a cross-cultural perspective /Mark B. Padilla,Ernesto Vásquez del Aguila,andRichard G. Parker --ch. 10.Prejudice and discrimination as social stressors /Ilan H. Meyer --ch. 11,Determinants of health among two-spirit American Indians and Alaska natives /Karen C. Fieland,Karina L. Walters,andJane M. Simoni --ch. 12."I don't fit anywhere" : how race and sexuality shape Latino gay and bisexual men's health /Jesus Ramirez-Valles --ch. 13.Black LGB health and well-being /Juan BattleandMartha Crum --pt. 4.Research methodologies --ch. 14.Defining and measuring sexual orientation for research /Randal L. Sell --ch. 15.Sampling in surveys of lesbian, gay, and bisexual people /Diane Binson,Johnny Blair,David M. Heubner,andWilliam J. Woods --ch. 16.Researching gay men's health : the promise of qualitative methodology /Gary W. Dowsett --ch. 17.From science fiction to computer-generated technology : sampling lesbian, gay, and bisexual individuals /Esther D. Rothblum --ch. 18.Using community-based participatory research to understand and eliminate social disparities in health for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender populations /Mary E. Northridge,Brian P. McGrath,andSam Quan Krueger --pt. 5.Health concerns --ch. 19.Transgender health concerns /Anne A. Lawrence --ch. 20.Health care of lesbian and bisexual women /Katherine A. O'HanlanandChristy M. Isler --ch. 21.Cancer and sexual minority women /Deborah J. Bowen,Ulrike Boehmer,andMarla Russo --ch. 22.HIV/AIDS prevention research among black men who have sex with men : current progress and future directions /Gregorio A. Millett,David Malebranche,andJohn L. Peterson --ch. 23.LGBT tobacco and alcohol disparities /Gregory L. GreenwoodandElisabeth P. Gruskin --ch. 24.Methamphetamine use and its relation to HIV risk : data from Latino gay men in San Francisco /Rafael M. Díaz --pt. 6.Healthcare systems and services --ch. 25.Improving access to health care among African-American, Asian and Pacific Islander, and Latino lesbian, gay, and bisexual populations /Patrick A. WilsonandHirokazu Yoshikawa --ch. 26.Public health and trans-people : barriers to care and strategies to improve treatment /Emilia Lombardi --ch. 27.HIV prevention and care for gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender youths : "Best practices" from existing programs and policies /Joyce HunterandJan Baer --ch. 28.Fenway community health's model of integrated, community-based LGBT care, education, and research /Kenneth H. Mayer,Matthew J. Mimiaga,Rodney VanDerwarker,Hilary Goldhammer,andJudith B. Bradford --Index.
- Health politics 2005Placing health in context --Risk management --Infectious diseases --Chronic diseases --Fear, violence and safety --Caring for seniors --End-of-life care --Science and society --Improving health care value.
- Principles of risk assessment / Steven H. Woolf -- The history : what to ask about / Alex H. Krist, Janelle Guirguis-Blake, and Steven H. Woolf -- The physical examination : where to look for preclinical disease / Alex H. Krist ... [et al.] -- Laboratory screening tests / Janelle Guirguis-Blake, Alex H. Krist, and Steven H. Woolf -- Introduction to the principles of health behavior change / Russell E. Glasgow and Michael G. Goldstein -- Regular exercise / Steven Jonas -- Nutrition / Roger A. Shewmake -- Weight management / Steven Jonas and Kavitha Bhat Schelbert -- Tobacco use / Stephen F. Rothemich -- Substance use / Randall T. Brown and Michael F. Fleming -- Family planning / Karen T. Feisullin and Carolyn L. Westhoff -- Sexually transmitted infections / Charles M. Kodner -- Depression, mood disorders, and cognitive impairment / Daniel E. Ford -- Self-examination of the breasts, testes, and skin / Steven H. Woolf -- Chemoprophylaxis / Linda S. Kinsinger, Michael Pignone, and Heidi D. Nelson -- Immunizations / Robert M. Wolfe -- Health promotion and disease prevention for children and adolescents / Virginia A. Moyer and Laura E. Ferguson -- What to do with abnormal screening test results / Alex H. Krist and Terence McCormally -- What not to do and why : the arguments against some forms of screening and chemoprevention / Janelle Guirguis-Blake and Russell Harris -- Developing a health maintenance schedule / Paul S. Frame -- How to organize the practice for improved delivery of clinical preventive services / John M. Hickner and Leif I. Solberg -- Improving preventive care using automated tools / J. Marc Overhage -- Reimbursement for clinical preventive services / Betsy Nicoletti -- The future of health promotion and disease prevention in clinical practice / Kevin Patrick.
- Health promotion evaluation practices in the Americas 2008, Springer
- Health research in developing countries 2005, Springer
- Introduction -- Basic concepts -- Paper trail: how to plan and manage a search of the literature -- Documents section: how to select and organize documents for review -- Review matrix: how to abstract the research literature -- Synthesis: how to use a review matrix to write a synthesis -- A library of lit review books -- The matrix indexing system -- Matrix applications by health sciences professionals.
- Basic concepts -- Paper trail : how to plan and manage a search of the literature -- Documents folder : how to select and organize documents for review -- Review matrix : how to abstract the research literature -- Synthesis : how to use a review matrix to write a synthesis -- A library of lit review master folders -- The matrix indexing system -- Matrix applications by health sciences professionals.
- Health services for cancer survivors 2011, SpringerSpecific Challenges in Optimizing Health Care for Cancer Survivors -- What Is Quality Health Care for Cancer Survivors? -- Managing Symptoms over Time -- Health Behaviors and Wellness -- Rehabilitation in the Context of Cancer Survivorship -- Long-Term Psychological Well-Being: Strategies for Assessment and Intervention -- Disparities in Care for Cancer Survivors -- Cancer Survivorship Plans: A Paradigm Shift in the Delivery of Quality Cancer Care -- Optimizing Health: Primary Care -- Optimizing Health: Oncology Care -- Optimizing Survivorship Care: Academic and Community Clinic Models -- The Final Phase of Cancer Survivorship: End-of-Life Care -- Building a Critical Mass of Health-Care Providers, Administrators, and Services for Cancer Survivors -- Epidemiology of Cancer Recurrence, Second Primary Cancer, and Comorbidity Among Cancer Survivors -- Health Economics and Cancer Survivorship -- Human Factors Engineering: Targeting Systems for Change -- Cancer Survivorship and National Health Reform -- Quality Health Care for Cancer Survivors.
- Health services marketing 2008, Springer
- Health technology assessments by the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence 2007, SpringerFulltext SpringerAppendices: Abbreviations and use of terminology -- Critical gaps of assessment -- Consistency issues associated with NICE assessment.Introduction -- A note on objectives and methods -- NICE [National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence] appraisal process -- NICE appraisal of ADHD treatments -- NICE appraisal of ADHD treatment options: a critique -- Discussion and implications -- Which way forward?
- Health, United States 1975-
- Health-related quality of life in cardiovascular patients 2013, Springer
- Healthcare crime 2011, CRCnetBASEHealthcare trends, stressors, and workplace violence -- Patient privacy and exploitation -- Abuse and assault -- Fraud and theft -- Suspicious death and homicide -- Investigations, sanctions, and discipline -- Prevention strategies and the future of healthcare crime.
- Healthcare hazard control and safety management. 2nd ed. 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Healthcare informatics 2010, CRCnetBASEAn introduction to the US health care industry, information technology, and informatics / by Stephan Kudyba, Richard Temple -- "Quality time" in healthcare : strategies for achieving national goals for meaningful use of health information technology / by Michael H. Zaroukian, Peter Basch -- A project management framework for healthcare informatics initiatives / by Christi Rushnell, Mary Beattie -- Nursing roles in the implementation of clinical information systems / by Terry Moore -- Architecting computerized physician order entry (CPOE) for optimal utilization / by James F. Keel III, D. Arlo Jennings -- Knowledge translation and informatics in healthcare / by Ann McKibbon -- Self service technology in healthcare / by Tomas Gregorio -- The world of health analytics / by Jason Burke -- Enhancing data resources and business intelligence in healthcare / by Stephan Kudyba, Mark Rader --Application of healthcare informatics to improving patient safety and outcomes : learning from the experiences of Trinity Health / by Rajiv Kohli ... [et al.] -- Data mining in health care / by Wullianallur Raghupathi -- Using data mining to build alerting systems for decision support in healthcare / by Billie Anderson, Cali M. Davis, J. Michael Hardin -- Data mining techniques to enhance health care cost savings through the identification of abusive billing practices and the optimization of care enhancement services / by Theodore L. Perry ... [et al.].
- -- IT: transition fundamentals in care transformation / Jeffrey S. Rose -- The Role of the CIO: the evolution continues / Betsy S. Hersher -- CIO stories, I - Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago: patients first, from the ground up / Timothy R. Zoph-- CIO stories, II - The Jewish Home and Hospital Lifecare System, NYC: paving the way for long-term care / Kristine M. Cerchiara and Nancy Stoddard -- CIO stories, III - Methodist Healthcare System, San Antonio: redesign of clinical documentation / Jennifer Allan Browne -- CIO stories, IV - ThedaCare, Wisconsin: successful integration through leadership / Keith J. Livingston -- CIO stories, V - University of Illinois Medical Center at Chicago: best of breed, single vendor, or hybrid / Anne LeMaistre and Bernadette Biskup -- CIO stories, VI - Maimonides Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY: a technical and cultural transformation / Ann C. Sullivan -- CIO stories, VII - Children's Hospital, Columbus: realizing CPOE through an effective CIO-CMO partnership / Robert A. Schwyn -- CIO stories, VIII - Sutter Health, California: IT governance in an integrated healthcare delivery system / John Hummel, Lee Marley, and Ed Kopetsky -- International perspective - Wesley Hospital, Australia: making IT happen in a private setting / Warren J. Armitage-- Informatics in health care: managing organizational change / Nancy M. Lorenzi and Robert T. Riley -- The Role of ethics in IT decisions / James G. Anderson -- Cases in redesign, I - Memorial Hermann Healthcare System: redesign and implementation of a multifacility clinical information system / David Bradshaw and Beverly Bell -- Cases in redesign, II - UPMC Health System: transforming care through clinical documentation / Darinda E. Sutton -- International perspective - Selayang Hospital: a paperless and filmless environment in Malaysia / Hadis Rosnah, Mohamad Azrin Zubir, and Y. Nor Akma-- Patient outcomes of health care: integrating data into management information systems / Donald M. Steinwachs -- Measuring outcomes: bringing six sigma excellence to health care / Charlotte A. Weaver and Tonya Hongsermeier -- The Electronic health record: a new form of interaction / Betty L. Chang -- Transforming the physician practice: interviewing patients with a computer / Allen R. Wenner and John W. Bachman -- Nursing administration: a growing role in systems development / Mary Etta Mills -- Pharmacy systems: an emerging role in drug treatment management / Peter L. Steere -- Computer-enhanced radiology: imaging transformed / Roger H. Shannon -- The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act: confidentiality, privacy, and security / Joan M. Kiel -- Information technology and the new culture of patient safety / Joyce Sensmeier and Kathleen Covert Kimmel -- International perspective - Pompidou University Hospital in France: a component-based clinical information and electronic health record system / Patrice Degoulet, Lise Martin, Pierre Boiron, and Elisabeth Delbecke-- Technologies in progress: CPOE, wireless computing, and biometrics / Robert J. Campbell -- Evidence-based medicine: enabling physicians to make better decisions / Velma L. Payne -- Aligning process and technology: balancing capability with reality-based processes / Karen L. Knecht, Marion J. Ball, and Nhora Cortes-Comerer -- Clinical decision support systems: impacting the future of clinical decision making / Eta S. Berner and Tonya La Lande -- Web-enabled medicine: the challenge of ensuring quality information and care / George D. Lundberg and Patricia L. Lundberg -- Combating terrorism: a new role for health information systems / John S. Silva and Edward N. Barthell -- Public health surveillance: the role of clinical information systems / Michael M. Wagner, Jeremy U. Espino, Fu-Chiang Tsui, and Ron M. Aryel -- Leveraging patient data to support clinical practice / Craig S. Ledbetter -- Winona Health Online: connecting the community for better health / Gary Evans and Kathryn Bingman -- International perspective - Global outlook for health information and communication technologies / Klaus A. Kuhn.The Mission of IT in health care: creating a system that cares / Neal L. Patterson -- Managing the IT strategic planning process / Suresh Gunasekaran and Dave Garets -- Strategies in consulting for the 21st century / Bill W. Childs -- Baylor Health Care: from integrated delivery network to organized delivery system / Robert J. Pickton and Frances C. Seehausen -- Clarian Health: clinical excellence through quality and patient safety / Marvin Pember -- International perspective - Sweden: the evolution of healthcare information / Hans Peterson and Paul Hall
- Healthcare information systems. 2nd ed. 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Healthcare infrastructure 2011, SpringerThe Evolution of Healthcare Infrastructure -- History of Health Determinants -- Public Health Success When Simple -- Public Health Failure When Complex -- Medicine Success When Simple -- Medicine Failure When Complex -- Medical Records for Health Systems -- Health Determinants for Individuals and Populations -- Measurement of Individual Activity (Explicit Text) -- Sensors for Individual Ability (Implicit Data) -- Genomes for Individual Ability (Features) -- Networks for Population Function (Persons) -- Mobile Monitors for Health Systems -- The Future of Healthcare Infrastructure.
- Healthcare leadership excellence Lane Catalog record
- Healthcare Overview 2012, Springerpt. I. Healthcare Systems Around the Globe -- pt. II. Female Health/Care -- pt. III. Traditional and Non-Conventional Medicine -- pt. IV. The Role of Laboratory Medicine in Healthcare -- pt. V. Economy of PPPM -- pt. VI. Ethics of PPPM.
- Healthcare transformation 2009, CRCnetBASEHealthcare transformer 10 : reliably implement the tried and true -- Healthcare transformer 9 : disseminate best practices -- Healthcare transformer 8 : build organizational quality improvement capability -- Healthcare transformer 7 : patient-centeredness -- Healthcare transformer 6 : care coordination -- Healthcare transformer 5 : health information technology -- Healthcare transformer 4 : transparency -- Healthcare transformer 3 : payment reform -- Healthcare transformer 2 : culture -- Healthcare transformer 1 : leadership -- Conclusion : the governance engagement checklist.
- Healthful lipids 2005, CRCnetBASETrans fatty acids in foods and their labeling regulations / Nimal W.M. Ratnayake and C. Zehaluk -- Safety, regulatory aspects, and public acceptance of genetically modified lipids / Ravigadevi Sambanthamurthi, Sharifah Shahrul, and G.K. Ahmad Parveez -- Production, processing, and refining of oils / Ernesto Hernandez -- Novel hydrogenation for low trans fatty acids in vegetable oils / Mun Yhung Jung and David B. Min -- Analysis of lipids by new hyphenated techniques / Huiling Mu -- Supercritical fluid processing of nutritionally functional lipids / Jerry W. King -- Short-path distillation for lipid processing / Xuebing Xu -- Fat crystallization technology / Serpil Metin and Richard Hartel --Dietary fatty acids and their influence on blood lipids and lipoproteins / Tilakavati Karupaiah, Mohd Ismail Noor, and Kalyana Sundram -- Essential fatty acid metabolism to self-healing agents / William E.M. Lands -- Dietary n-6:n-3 fatty acid ratio and health / Sarah Gebauer ... [et al.] -- CLA sources and human studies / Marianne O'Shea, Margriet van der Zee, and Inge Mohede -- Lipids with antioxidant properties / Jan Pokorny and Jana Parkanyiova -- G-linolenic acids : the health effects / Rakesh Kapoor -- Phytosterols and phytosterol esters / Robert A. Moreau -- The effects of eicosapentaenoic acid in various clinical conditions / Andrew Sinclair ... [et al.] -- Lipase reactions applicable to purification of oil- and fat-related materials / Yuji Shimada -- Enzymatic synthesis of symmetrical triacylglycerols containing polyunsaturated fatty acids / Tsuneo Yamane -- Patent review on lipid technology / Oi-Ming Lai, Seong-Koon Lo, and Casimir C. Akoh -- Genetic enhancement and modification of oil-bearing crops / G.K. Ahmad Parveez and Ravigadevi Sambanthamurthi -- Genetically engineered oils / David Hildebrand and Lewamy Mamadou --Emulsion technologies to produce oxidative stable emulsions containing n-3 fatty acids / Min Hu, Eric A. Decker, and D. Julian McClements -- Chemistry for oxidative stability of edible oils / Eunok Choe, Jiyeun Lee, and David Min -- Structured and specialty lipids / Casimir C. Akoh -- Lipids in infant formulas and human milk fat substitutes / Nikolaus Weber and Kumar D. Mukherjee -- Cocoa butter, cocoa butter equivalents, and cocoa butter replacers / Kazuhisa Yamada, Masahisa Ibuki, and Thomas McBrayer -- Margarine and baking fats / Vijai K.S. Shukla -- Nutritional characteristics of diacylglycerol oil and its health benefits / Noboru Matsuo -- Plant stanol ester as a cholesterol-lowering ingredient of Benecol foods / Pia Salo ... [et al.] -- Palm oil, its fractions, and components / Oi-Ming Lai.
- Healthy California 2000 final review Fulltext"This report is the last in this series."--P. i.
- Healthy longevity in China 2008, Springer
- Healthy people NLM
- Healthy People 2010 Website
- Healthy people 2010. Conference ed. Fulltext
- Healthy ties 2010, SpringerWhat Is Social Capital? -- Definitions and Forms of Social Capital -- Measuring Social Capital -- Social Participation -- How Does Cultural Participation Contribute to Social Capital and Well-Being? -- Social Trust, Mistrust and Reciprocity -- Cross-Sectional Studies of Social Capital and Health -- Prospective Longitudinal Surveys -- Healthy Communities -- Social Capital and Health from Cradle to Grave -- Gendering Social Capital and Population Health -- Health-Related Behaviors -- Proposed Biological Mediating Mechanisms -- Emergent Social Capital -- Implications and Implementations.
- Tax deductibility -- Tax credit -- Insurance-market reform -- Malpractice reform -- Summary and discussion -- Effects of reforms on the uninsured -- Tax deductibility -- Tax credit -- Insurance-market and malpractice reforms -- Summary and discussion -- Effects of reforms on the federal budget -- Tax deductibility -- Tax credit -- Insurance-market and malpractice reforms -- Subsidy for the chronically ill -- Distributional impact.The good : innovation -- The bad : excessive costs and wasteful spending -- The ugly : uninsurance, the managed-care backlash, and medical errors -- Reform taxation of health-care expenses -- Full deductibility of health-care expenses -- Modified health savings accounts -- Tax credits for low-income individuals -- Reform regulation of markets for health insurance -- Foster nationwide, portable health insurance -- Subsidize insurance for the chronically ill -- Expand provision of health information -- Control anticompetitive behavior -- Reform the malpractice system -- Study the tax preference for nonprofits -- Effects of reforms on health-care spending --
- Hearing and sound communication in amphibians 2007, SpringerHearing and sound communication in amphibians : prologue and prognostication / Peter M. Narins and Albert S. Feng -- An integrated phylogeny of Amphibia / David Cannatella -- The behavioral ecology of anuran communication / Kentwood D. Wells and Joshua J. Schwartz -- Call production and neural basis of vocalization / Wolfgang Walkowiak -- Recognition and localization of acoustic signals / H. Carl Gerhardt and Mark A. Bee -- Pathways for sound transmission to the inner ear in amphibians / Matthew J. Mason -- Anatomy, physiology, and function of auditory end organs in the frog inner ear / Dwayne D. Simmons, Sebastiaan W.F. Meenderink and Pantelis N. Vassilakis -- Central auditory pathways in anuran amphibians : the anatomical basis of hearing and sound communication / Walter Wilczynski and Heike Endepols -- Function of the amphibian central auditory system / Gary J. Rose and David M. Gooler -- Plasticity in the auditory system across metamorphosis / Andrea Megela Simmons and Seth S. Horowitz -- Sound processing in real-world environments / Albert S. Feng and Johannes Schul.
- Hearing loss 2004, NAPBasics of sound, the ear, and hearing -- Assessment of the auditory system and its functions -- Testing adult hearing : conclusions and recommendations -- Sensory aids, devices, and prostheses -- Impact of hearing loss on daily life and the workplace -- Hearing loss in children.
- Hearing visions and seeing voices 2007, SpringerIntroduction to historical and conceptual issues /Gerrit Glas --Psychiatry and religion: an unconsummated marriage /Herman van Praag --Biblical narratives as history: biblical persons as objects of historical faith /C. Stephen Evans --Introduction to prophecy: theological and psychological aspects /Gerrit Glas --The dynamics of prophecy in the writings of Abraham Joshua Heschel /Neil Gillman --The prophets as persons /Bob Becking --Jeremiah interpreted: a rabbinic analysis of the prophet /Bryna Jocheved Levy --Introduction to martyrdom: theological and psychological aspects /Gerrit Glas --Martyrdom: theological and psychological aspects. Martyrdom in Judaism /Hyam Maccoby --The martyrdom of Paul /Jakob van Bruggen --Spiritual, human, and psychological dimensions /Msngr. H.W.M. Tájirá.Introduction to messianism: theological and psychological aspects /Gerrit Glas --Casting a psychological look on Jesus the marginal Jew /Antoine Vergote --The land of Israel: desire and dread in Jewish literature /Aviezer Ravitzky --The person of Jesus /Abraham van de Beek --Imagining Jesus: to portray or betray? Psycho (-patho)logical aspects of attempts to discuss the historical individual /Peter J. Verhagen --Introduction to interdisciplinary issues: prospects for the future /Gerrit Glas --The hidden subject of Job: mirroring and the anguish of interminable desire /Moshe Halevi Spero --Biblical themes in psychiatric practice: implications for psychopathology and psychotherapy /Samuel Pfeifer --The bible and psychology: new directions in biblical scholarship /Wayne G. Rollins --Searching for the dynamic 'within'. Concluding remarks on 'psychological aspects of biblical concepts and personalities' /Gerrit Glas.
- Hearing, from sensory processing to perception 2007, Springer
- Heart development and regeneration. 1st ed. 2010, ScienceDirect"The development of the cardiovascular system is a rapidly advancing area in biomedical research, now coupled with the burgeoning field of cardiac regenerative medicine. A lucid understanding of these fields is paramount to reducing human cardiovascular diseases of both fetal and adult origin. Significant progress can now be made through a comprehensive investigation of embryonic development and its genetic control circuitry. Heart Development and Regeneration, written by experts in the field, provides essential information on topics ranging from the evolution and lineage origins of the developing cardiovascular system to cardiac regenerative medicine. A reference for clinicians, medical researchers, students, and teachers, this publication offers broad coverage of the most recent advances"--Publisher's description.
- Heart disease diagnosis and therapy. 2nd ed. 2005, SpringerAcute myocardial infarction -- Complications of myocardial infarction and postinfarction care -- Cardiogenic shock -- Angina -- Heart failure -- Arrhythmias -- Cardiac arrest -- Hypertension -- Dyslipidemias -- Aortic dissection -- Valvular heart diseases and rheumatic fever -- Infective endocarditis -- Pericarditis and myocarditis -- Cardiomyopathy -- Syncope -- Preoperative management of cardiac patients undergoing noncardiac surgery.
- Heart diseases in children 2011, Springer
- Heart failure 2010, SpringerClinical, physiology and genetics changes in heart failure -- Introduction to heart failure -- Cardiac function in heart failure: the role of calcium cycling -- Gene profiling of the failing heart: epigenetics -- Biochemical and molecular changes in heart failure -- Bioenergetics and metabolic changes in the failing heart -- Mitochondrial organelle and the heart -- Multidimensional role of mitochondria in heart failure -- Experimental models of heart failure -- Animal models of heart failure -- Signaling, stress and cellular changes in heart failure -- Signaling cascades in heart failure: from cardiomyocytes growth and survival to mitochondrial signaling pathways -- Cyclic nucleotides signaling (second messengers) and control of myocardial function: effects of heart failure -- Calcium signaling: receptors, effectors, and other signaling pathways -- Oxidative stress and heart failure -- Cardiac remodeling and cell death in heart failure -- Peripheral changes and co-morbid conditions in heart failure -- Heart failure and changes at the periphery: vascular, inflammation, neurohormonal, and renal systems -- Comorbidities in heart failure -- Heart failure in children -- Mechanisms and clinical recognition and management of heart failure in infants and children -- Mechanical circulatory support and heart transplantation in children with severe refractory heart failure -- Aging and the failing heart -- Basic mechanisms mediating cardiomyopathy and heart failure in aging -- Heart failure of aging: clinical considerations -- Diagnostic methodology in heart failure -- Diagnosis of heart failure: evidence-based perspective -- "Omics" application in heart failure: novel diagnostic and prognostic markers to understand pathophysiology and find new therapies -- Available and forthcoming therapies for heart failure -- Treatment of chronic heart failure -- Gene therapy in heart failure: forthcoming therapies -- Myocardial cell-based regeneration in heart failure -- Looking to the future -- Future frontiers in heart failure.
- Heart failure 2007Surgical approaches to heart failure / Robert E. Michler, Michael Zembala, and Daniel J. Goldstein -- When to refer patients for heart transplantation / Maryjane Farr and Donna Mancini -- Comorbidities and heart failure / Henry Krum and Richard E. Gilbert -- Disease management overview / Robin J. Trupp -- How to develop a heart failure management pathway / Jennifer Farroni, David Feldman, and Sara Paul -- Integrating inpatient and outpatient heart failure management / Maryjane B. Giacalone and Marc J. Semigran -- What is a heart failure clinic? / Gregg C. Fonarow -- Putting it all together: optimizing the management of chronic heart failure patients / Willem J. Remme.What is heart failure? / John J.V. McMurray -- The epidemic of heart failure / Mikhail Kosiborod and Harlan M. Krumholz -- What causes heart failure? / Alexander Lyon and Philip A. Poole-Wilson -- Pathophysiology of heart failure / Gary S. Francis and W.H. Wilson Tang -- How to judge disease severity, clinical status, and prognosis / Faiez Zannad -- Therapeutic approach to heart failure: an overview / Daniel L. Dries and Mariell Jessup -- How to evaluate patients with symptoms suggestive of heart failure / Sharon Hunt -- Nonpharmacologic treatment of heart failure / Andrew J.S. Coats -- How to use diuretics in heart failure patients / Robert W. Schrier -- How to use neurohormonal antagonists in heart failure / Alexander E. Fraley and Barry H. Greenberg -- Is there still a role for digitalis in heart failure? / Joseph S. Rossi and Mihai Gheorghiade -- The heart failure hospitalization / Lynne Warner Stevenson -- Ancillary pharmacologic therapies for heart failure / Henry Krum -- Devices for the treatment of heart failure / William T. Abraham --
- Heart failure in clinical practice / 2010, Springer
- Section 1. Basic Mechanisms of Heart Failure -- Section 2. Mechanisms of Disease Progression in Heart Failure -- Section 3. Etiological Basis for Heart Failure -- Section 4. Clinical Assessment of Heart Failure -- Section 5. Therapy for Heart Failure.
- Heart in systemic autoimmune diseases 2004, ScienceDirect
- Heart of Leonardo 2013, SpringerLeonardo's heart studies represent the pinnacle of his anatomical endeavours. They integrate structural form and dynamic function in a way that called upon his extensive experience and knowledge of hydrology, engineering, mathematics and architectural design.In his work on the heart, his use of ingenious diagrams as well as detailed representational drawings is cleverly combined with carefully crafted verbal descriptions of complicated physiological concepts. Some of which, developed through drawing, wereso advanced that only now with the advent of accessible technology and advances in modern knowledge of the heart, it is possible to re-interpret his conclusions and reveal how accurate his logical reasoning and pure observation really was. Several of his ideas continue to sit well alongside our modern understanding of cardiac physiology and heart function. This book features all 64 of Leonardo's drawings on the heart and its physiology, accompanied by translations of his accompanying notes.
- Heart physiology and pathophysiology. 4th ed. 2001, ScienceDirect
- Heart rate and rhythm 2011, Springer
- Heart rate slowing by I[f] current inhibition 2006, KargerHeart rate: a risk factor for cardiac diseases and outcomes? Pathophysiology of cardiac diseases and the potential role of heart rate slowing / Lanza, G.A., Fox, K., Crea, F. -- If current inhibition: cellular basis and physiology / Mangoni, M.E., Marger, L., Nargeot, J. -- Heart rate reduction by pharmacological If current inhibition / Cargnoni, A. ... [et al.] -- Clinical perspectives of heart rate slowing for coronary event reduction and heart failure / Danchin, N., Kadri, Z. -- Clinical effect of 'pure' heart rate slowing with a prototype If current inhibitor: placebo-controlled experience with ivabradine / Borer, J.S. -- Heart rate slowing versus other pharmacological antianginal strategies. Results of comparative studies / Diaz, A., Tardif, J.-C. -- Novel If current inhibitor ivabradine: safety considerations / Savelieva, I., Camm, A.J. -- Heart rate slowing for myocardial dysfunction/heart failure. Rationale and preclinical studies / Mulder, P., Thuillez, C. -- Future directions: what data do we need? / Tendera, M.
- Heart valve surgery 2010, SpringerHistory of heart valve surgery -- Surgical anatomy of the heart valves -- Overview of the valve replacement devices -- Choice of the optimal valve for replacement -- Aortic valve surgery -- Mitral valve surgery -- Tricuspid valve surgery -- Pulmonary valve surgery -- Dysfunction of implanted heart valves -- Results of heart valve surgery.
- Heat shock proteins 2007, Springer
- Heat shock proteins and the brain 2008, Springer
- Heat shock proteins and whole body physiology 2010, Springer
- Heat shock proteins in cancer 2007, Springer
- Heat shock proteins in neural cells 2007, SpringerHeat shock proteins: expression and functional roles in nerve cells and glia -- Small heat shock proteins and the cytoskeleton: their role in inclusion body formation in glial cells / Christiane Richter-Landsberg and Olaf Goldbaum -- The role of HSPs in neuronal differentiation and development / Kate Reed Herbert, Afshin Samali and Adrienne Gorman -- Possible roles of HSPs in neuronal differentiation and development of the nervous system -- Heme oxygenase as a therapeutic funnel in nutritional redox homeostasis and cellular stress response: role of acetylcarnitine / Vittorio Calabrese ... [et al.] -- Heat shock proteins and the regulation of apoptosis / Una FitzGerald, Adrienne M. Gorman and Afshin Samali -- Assembly of protein aggregates in neurodegeneration: mechanisms linking the ubiquitin/proteasome pathway and chaperones / Sha-Ron Pierre ... [et al.] -- The role of heat shock proteins during neurodegeneration in Alzheimer's, Parkinson's and Huntington's disease / Andreas Wyttenbach and Andre Patrick Arrigo -- Heat shock proteins in multiple sclerosis / Celia F. Brosnan, Luca Battistini and Krzysztof Selmaj.
- Hedgehog signaling protocols 2007, Springer ProtocolsPurifying the hedgehog protein and its variants / Darren P. Baker, Frederick R. Taylor, and R. Blake Pepinsky -- Application of sonic hedgehog to the developing chick limb / Eva Tieck and Cheryll Tickle -- Manipulation of hedgehog signaling in Xenopus by means of embryo microinjection and application of chemical inhibitors / Thomas Hollemann .. [et al.] -- Isolation of rat telencephalic neural explants to assay Shh GABAergic interneuron differentiation-inducing activity / Rina Mady and Jhumku D. Kohtz -- Genetic analysis of the vertebrate hedgehog-signaling pathway using muscle cell fate specification in the zebrafish embryo / Sudipto Roy -- Efficient manipulation of hedgehog/GLI signaling using retroviral expression systems / Maria Kasper ... [et al.] -- Cell surface marker and cell cycle analysis, hedgehog signaling, and flow cytometry / Krsting Detmer and Ronald E. Garner -- Detecting tagged hedgehog with intracellular and extracellular immunocytochemistry for functional analysis / Ainhoa Callejo, Luis Quijada, and Isabel Guerrero -- Confocal analysis of hedgehog morphogenetic gradient coupled with fluorescent in situ hybridization of hedgehog target genes / Armel Gallet and Pascal P. Thérond -- RNA in the hedgehog signaling pathway : pFRiPE, a vector for temporally and spatially controlled RNAi in Drosophila / Eric Marois and Suzanne Eaton -- Germline clone analysis for maternally acting Drosophila hedgehog components / Erica M. Selva and Beth E. Stronach -- Clone analysis of hedgehog signaling in Drosophila somatic tissues / Christing M. Bankers and Joan E. Hooper -- GAL4/UAS targeted gene expression for studying Drosophila hedgehog signaling / Denise Bussona nd Anne-Marie Pret -- Biochemical fractionation of Drosophila cells / Melanie Stegman and David Robbins -- Using immunoprecipitation to study protein-protein interactions in the hedgehog-signaling pathway / Chao Ton and Jin Jiang -- Sequence analyses to study the evolutionary history and cis-regulatory elements of hedgehog genes / Ferenc Müller and Anne-Gaelle Borycki.
- Hedgehog-gli signaling in human disease 2006, SpringerHow the hedgehog outfoxed the crab: interference with HEDGEHOG-GLI signaling as anti-cancer therapy? / Ariel Ruiz i Altaba -- The patched receptor: switching on/off the hedgehog signaling pathway / Luis Quijada ... [et al.] -- Making a morphogenetic gradient / Henk Roelink -- Spatial and temporal regulation of hair follicle progenitors by hedgehog signaling / Anthony E. Oro -- Mode of PTCH1/Ptch1-associated tumor formation: insights from mutant Ptch1 mice / Heidi Hahn -- Basal cell carcinomas, hedgehog signaling, and the Ptch1+/- mouse / Ervin Epstein, Jr. -- GLI genes and their targets in epidermal development and disease / Fritz Aberger and Anna-Maria Frischauf -- Splitting hairs: dissecting the roles of Gli activator and repressor functions during epidermal development and disease / Pleasantine Mill and Chi-Chung Hui -- Shh expression in pulmonary injury and disease / Paul M. Fitch ... [et al.] --Human correlates of GL13 function / Leslie G. Biersecker -- From oligodactyly to polydactyly: role of Shh and Gli3 in limb morphogenesis / Chin Chiang -- The genetics of Indian hedgehog / M. Elizabeth McCready and Dennis E. Bulman -- Sonic hedgehog signaling in craniofacial development / Dwight Cordero, Minal Tapadia and Jill A. Helms -- Important role of Shh controlling Gli3 functions during the dorsal-ventral patterning of the telencephalon / Jun Motoyama and Kazushi Aoto -- Regulation of early events in cell cycle progression by hedgehog signaling in CNS development and tumorigenesis / Anna Marie Kenney and David H. Rowitch -- Modulating the hedgehog pathway in diseases / Frederic J. de Sauvage and Lee L. Rubin -- Hedgehog signaling in endodermally derived tumors / Marina Pasca di Magliano and Matthias Hebrok.
- heilkundige Sachsen. 1. Aufl. SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.
- Helping couples cope with women's cancers 2008, SpringerThe Nature of cancer and its psychosocial challenges -- Why work with couples? -- Assessing the couple's adjustment to cancer -- Integrating tasks of illness into the couple's daily routine -- Building cognitive coping skills -- Communicating support -- Expanding the couple's coping skills -- Enhancing sexuality and body image -- Helping children to cope when a mother has cancer -- Living with cancer after treatment ends.
- Helping parents, youth, and teachers understand medications for behavioral and emotional problems. 3rd ed. 2007, PsychiatryOnline
- Hemangiomas and vascular malformations 2009, Springer
- Hematologic cancers 2012, Springer
- Hematologic malignancies 2007, Springer
- Hematologic malignancies 2008, Springer
- Hematologic malignancies-- myelodysplastic syndromes 2006, Springer
- Normal erythropoiesis -- Clinical approach to anemia -- Marrow-damage anemia -- Anemias associated with a reduced erythropoietin response -- Iron-deficiency anemia -- Thalassemia -- Hemoglobinopathies -- Macrocytic anemias -- The dysplastic and sideroblastic anemias -- Blood loss anemia -- Hemolytic anemias -- Anemia in the elderly -- Erythrocytosis and polycythemia vera -- Disorders of porphyrin metabolism -- Hemochromatosis -- Normal myelopoiesis -- Quantitative and qualitative disorders of neutrophils -- The acute myeloid leukemias -- Chronic myelogenous leukemia and the myeloproliferative disorders -- Normal lymphopoiesis and the lymphatic system -- Lymphopenia and immune deficiency -- Chronic lymphocytic leukemia and other leukemic lymphoproliferative diseases -- Non-Hodgkin lymphomas -- Hodgkin lymphoma -- Acute lymphocytic leukemia -- Plasma cell disorders -- Monocyte-macrophage disorders -- Normal hemostasis -- Clinical approach to bleeding disorders -- Vascular purpura -- Thrombocytopenia -- Platelet dysfunction and von Willebrand disease -- Hemophilia and other intrinsic pathway defects -- Extrinsic and common pathway coagulopathies -- Consumptive coagulopathies -- Thrombotic disorders -- Anticoagulation in the management of thrombotic disorders -- Blood component therapy.
- Hematology, immunology and infectious disease. 2nd ed. 2012, ScienceDirect
- Hematology. 4th ed. 2005
- Hematology. 5th ed. 2009
- Hematology. 6th ed. 2013, MD Consult
- Hematopathology 2010, SpringerMolecular techniques in hematopathology / Bobby L. Boyanton Jr. and Jennifer R. Rushton -- Classical and molecular cytogenetic analysis of hematolymphoid disorders / Mark A. Micale -- Using cytogenetic and molecular tests in diagnostic workups with the WHO classification - 2008 / Clarence C. Whitcomb -- Update on the molecular pathology of precursor lymphoid leukemias / Robert B. Lorsbach -- Molecular pathology of acute myeloid leukemias / Karen P. Mann and Debra F. Saxe -- Molecular pathology of mature B-cell and T-cell lymphomas / Sophia L. Yohe, David W. Bahler, and Marsha C. Kinney -- Molecular pathology of myeloproliferative neoplasms / David S. Bosler -- Molecular pathology of chronic lymphocytic leukeumia / Daniela Hoehn, L. Jeffrey Medeiros, and Sergj Konoplev -- Targeted therapy in hematologic malignancies / Barbara Zehnbauer and Mona Nasser -- Micro-RNAs in hematologic malignancies / Muller Fabbri and George A. Calin.
- Hematopathology. 1st ed. 2008, ScienceDirect
- Hematopoietic growth factors in oncology 2011, SpringerPart 1. Background: Biology, Physiology and Pharmacology -- Part 2. The Colony-Stimulating Factors -- Part 3. The Erythroid-Stimulating Agents -- Part 4. The Thrombopoietic Agents -- Part 5. Special Considerations.
- Hematopoietic stem cell biology 2010, Springer
- Hematopoietic stem cell development 2006, SpringerOrigin and fate of hematopoietic precursors in the early mouse embryo / Julien Yuan Bertrand ... [et al.] -- Hematopoietic development in drosophila: a parallel with vertebrates / Marie Meister and Shubha Govind -- Intraembryonic development of hematopoietic stem cells during human ontogeny: expression analysis / Caroline Marshall -- Gene and cell therapy involving hematopoietic stem cell / Isabelle André-Schmutz and Marina Cavazzana-Calvo.Ventral and dorsal contributions to hematopoiesis in xenopus / Aldo Ciau-Uitz, Maggie Walmsley and Roger Patient -- Genetic dissection of hematopoiesis using the zebrafish / Rebecca A. Wingert and Leonard I. Zon -- Extra- and intraembryonic HSC commitment in the avian model / Thierry Jaffredo ... [et al.] -- Avian lymphopoiesis and transcriptional control of hematopoietic stem cell differentiation / Jussi Liippo and Olli Lassila -- Yolk sac development in mice / James Palis -- Long-term reconstituting hematopoietic stem cell capacity in the embryo / Mervin C. Yoder -- The endothelium: the cradle of definitive hematopoiesis? / Katrin Ottersbach and Elaine Dzierzak -- Endothelial and hematopoietic cells in the intraembryonic compartment / Fumio Arai and Toshio Suda --
- Hematopoietic stem cell protocols. 2nd ed. 2008, Springer ProtocolsThe expanding tool kit for hematopoietic stem cell research / William Tse and Kevin D. Bunting -- Isolation of quiescent murine hematopoietic stem cells by homing properties / Tarja A. Juopperi and Saul J. Sharkis -- Mobilization of hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells in mice / Simon N. Robinson and Ronald P. van Os -- Transmigration of human CD34⁺ cells / Seiji Fukuda and Louis M. Pelus -- Flow cytometry-based cell cycle measurement of mouse hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells / Hongmei Shen, Matthew Boyer, and Tao Cheng -- Analysis of apoptosis in hematopoietic stem cells by flow cytometry / William G. Kerr -- In vitro hematopoietic differentiation of murine embryonic stem cells / Jinhua Shen and Cheng-Kui Qu -- Hematopoietic development of human embryonic stem cells in culture / Xinghui Tian and Dan S. Kaufman -- In vitro human T cell development directed by notch-ligand interactions / Génève Awong, Ross N. La Motte-Mohs, and Juan Carlos Zuñiga-Pflücker -- In vitro assays for cobblestone area-forming cells, LTC-IC, and CFU-C / Ronald P. van Os, Bertien Dethmers-Ausema, and Gerald de Haan -- Hematopoietic stem cell transplant in mice by intra-femoral injection / Yuxia Zhan and Yi Zhao -- Hematopoietic stem cell transplant into non-myeloblated W/Wv mice to detect steady-state engraftment defects / Zhengqi Wang and Kevin D. Bunting -- Isolation and functional characterization of side population stem cells / Jonathan B. Johnnidis and Fernando D. Camargo --Transplantation of chimeric fetal liver to study hematopoiesis / Sigrid Eckardt and K. John McLaughlin -- Immunodeficient mouse models to study human stem cell-mediated tissue repair / Ping Zhou ... [et al.] -- Retroviral transduction of murine hematopoietic stem cells / Peter Haviernik, Yi Zhang, and Kevin D. Bunting -- Lentiviral gene transduction of mouse and human stem cells / Zhaohui Ye, Xiaobing Yu, and Linzhao Cheng -- Retroviral integration site analysis in hematopoietic stem cells / Olga S. Kustikova, Christopher Baum, and Boris Fehse -- A detailed protocol for bacterial artificial chromosome recombineering to study essential genes in stem cells / Andriy Tsyrulnyk and Richard Moriggl -- Bioluminescence imaging of hematopoietic stem cell repopulation in murine models / Yuan Lin ... [et al.]
- Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation 2009, Springer
- Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. 2nd ed. 2008, SpringerStem cell biology / Elizabeth O. Hexner and Stephen G. Emerson -- Stem cell transplantation for hematologic malignancies / Effie W. Petersdorf -- Immunobiology of transplantation / Robert S. Negrin -- Allogeneic and autologous hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for acute lymphoblastic leukemia and acute myelogenous leukemia in the adult / Anthony Stein and Stephen J. Forman -- Hematopoietic cell transplantation for chronic myeloid leukemia / Uday Popat and Sergio Giralt -- Stem cell transplantation for Hodgkin's and non-Hodgkin's lymphomas / John W. Sweetenham -- Transplantation in chronic lymphocytic leukemia / Rifca Le Diew and John G. Gribben -- Stem cell transplantation in multiple myeloma / John Koreth and Kenneth C. Anderson -- Allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation for patients with myelodysplastic syndrome and myeloproliferative disorders / Aravind Ramakrishnan and H. Joachim Deeg -- Stem cell transplantation for marrow failure / Philippe Armand and Joseph H. Antin -- Stem cell transplantation for hemoglobinopathies / Catherine J. Wu -- Stem cell sources for allogeneic transplantation / Corey Cutler -- Allogeneic unrelated donor blood and marrow transplantation / Daniel Weisdorf -- Umbilical cord hematopoietic stem cell transplantation / Mitchell E. Horwitz and Nelson Chao -- Haploidentical stem cell transplantation / Bimalangshu R. Dey and Thomas R. Spitzer -- Ablative preparative regimens for hematopoietic stem cell transplantation / Amin Alousi and Marcos de Lima -- Nonmyeloablative transplantation / Frédéric Baron and Brenda M. Sandmaier -- Immune reconstitution after allogeneic transplantation / Carolyn A. Keever-Taylor -- Infection in the hematopoietic stem cell transplant recipient / Francisco M. Marty and Lindsey R. Baden -- EBV lymphoproliferative disease after transplantation / Stephen Gottschalk, Cliona M. Rooney, and Helen E. Heslop -- Hepatic veno-occlusive disease / Erica Linden and Paul Richardson -- Lung injury after hematopoietic stem cell transplantation / Kenneth R. Cooke and Gregory Yanik -- Quality of life issues post-transplantation / Stephanie J. Lee -- Pathophysiology of acute graft-versus-host disease / Pavan Reddy and James L.M. Ferrara -- Acute graft-versus-host disease / Martin Benesch and H. Joachim Deeg -- Chronic Graft-versus-host disease / Javier Bolaños-Meade and Georgia B. Vogelsang -- Graft manipulation : T cell depletion and tumor cell purging / Vincent T. Ho -- Donor lymphocyte infusions : clinical applications and the graft-versus-leukemia effect / Edwin P. Alyea -- Regenerative medicine : application in cardiovascular diseases / Emerson C. Perin, Guilherme V. Silva, and Marlos R. Fernandes.
- Heme, chlorophyll, and bilins 2002, Springer ProtocolsMachine generated contents note: 1 Laboratory Methods for the Study of Tetrapyrroles -- Alison G. Smith and Michael Witty 1 -- 2 Syntheses of Tetrapyrroles -- Kevin M. Smith13 -- 3 General Laboratory Methods for Tetrapyrroles -- Jerry C. Bommer and Peter Hambright 39 -- 4 Enzymatic Preparation of Tetrapyrrole Intermediates -- Martin J. Warren and Peter M. Shoolingin-Jordan69 -- 5 Analysis of Biosynthetic Intermediates, 5-Aminolevulinic Acid to Heme -- Chang Kee Lim95 -- 6 Analysis of Intermediates and End Products of the Chlorophyll -- Biosynthetic Pathway -- Constantin A. Rebeiz111 -- 7 Analysis of Heme and Hemoproteins -- Angela Wilks 157 -- 8 Hemoproteins Purification and Characterization by Using Aqueous -- Two-Phase Systems -- Daniel Forciniti 185 -- 9 Structural Study of Heme Proteins by Electron Microscopy -- of 2-Dimensional Crystals -- Terrence G. Frey 209 -- 10 Analysis and Reconstitution of Chlorophyll-Proteins -- Harald Paulsen and Volkmar H. R. Schmid 235 -- 11 Two-Dimensional Crystallization of Chlorophyll Proteins -- Georgios Tsiotis 255 -- 12 Biosynthesis and Analysis of Bilins -- Matthew J. Terry 273 -- 13 Analysis and Reconstitution of Phytochromes -- Michael T. McDowell and J. Clark Lagarias293 -- 14 Analysis and Reconstitution of Phycobiliproteins: Methods for the -- Characterization of Bilin Attachment Reactions -- Wendy M. Schluchter and Donald A. Bryant311.
- Hemocoagulative problems in the critically ill patient 2012, SpringerPhysiology of Hemostasis /Paola Pradella, Federica Tomasella and Luca Mascaretti --Monitoring of Hemostasis /Carlo Giansante and Nicola Fiotti --Anticoagulation Therapy in ICU Patients /Emanuele Marras, Luigi Lo Nigro and Giorgio Berlot --Inborn Prothrombotic States /Nicola Fiotti and Carlo Giansante --Inborn Defects of the Coagulative System /Marinella Astuto, Nadia Grasso and Alessandro Trainito --Inflammation and Coagulation /Walter Vessella, Lara Prisco and Giorgio Berlot --Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation /Antonino Gullo, Chiara Maria Celestre and Annalaura Paratore --Coagulative Disturbances in Trauma /Giuliana Garufi, Maria Cristina Fiorenza and Giorgio Berlot --Hypothermia and Coagulation Disorders /Lara Prisco, Vincenzo Campanile and Giorgio Berlot --Hemostasis in Pregnancy and Obstetric Surgery /Marinella Astuto, Valentina Taranto and Simona Grasso --Hemostasis During Heart Surgery /Luigi Tritapepe, Sara Iannandrea, Michela Generali and Maria Paola Lauretta --Hemocoagulative Aspects of Solid Organ Transplantation /Andrea De Gasperi --Antiphospholipid Antibody Syndrome /Marco Zambon, Davide Cappelli and Giorgio Berlot --Pulmonary-Renal Syndrome /Marco Zambon, Davide Cappelli and Giorgio Berlot --Coagulation Disorders After Central Nervous System Injury /Lara Prisco, Mario Ganau and Giorgio Berlot.
- Hemodiafiltration 2011, KargerHighlighting recent advances and clinical experiences.
- Hemodiafiltration 2007, KargerThe birth of hemodiafiltration / L.W. Henderson -- Evolution of hemodiafiltration / C. Ronco -- Solute removal by hollow-fiber dialyzers / W.R. Clark, E. Rocha, C. Ronco -- Fluid mechanics and crossfiltration in hollow-fiber hemodialyzers / C. Ronco -- Mechanisms of solute and fluid removal in hemodiafiltration / A.C. Yamashita -- Membranes and filters for haemodiafiltration / N.A. Hoenich -- Technical aspects of online hemodiafiltration / H.-D. Polaschegg, T. Roy -- Quality of water, dialysate and infusate / G. Cappelli ... [et al.] -- Fluids in bags for hemodiafiltration / I. Ledebo -- Hemodiafiltration with endogenous reinfusion / M.L. Wratten, P.M. Ghezzi -- Low- (classical) and high-efficiency haemodiafiltration / V. Wizemann -- Online hemodiafiltration : technical options and best clinical practices / B. Canaud -- Mixed-dilution hemodiafiltration / L.A. Pedrini, S. Zerbi --Paired hemodiafiltration / F. Pizzarelli -- Acetate-free biofiltration / A. Santoro ... [et al.] -- Mid-dilution : an innovative high-quality and safe haemodiafiltration approach / J. Potier -- Double high-flux hemodiafiltration / B. von Albertini -- Push/pull hemodiafiltration / T. Shinzato, K. Maeda -- Principles and practice of internal hemodiafiltration / G.B. Fiore, C. Ronco -- Clinical aspects of haemodiafiltration / F. Locatelli, S. Di Filippo, C. Manzoni -- The biological response to online hemodiafiltration / V. Panichi, C. Tetta -- Clearance of beta-2-microglobulin and middle molecules in haemodiafiltration / J. Tattersall -- Inflammation and hemodiafiltration / R. Ramirez, A. Martin-Malo, P. Aljama -- Effect of online hemodiafiltration on morbidity and mortality of chronic kidney disease patients / B. Canaud -- Optimizing the prescription of hemodiafiltration / F. Maduell.
- Hemodialysis 2011, KargerThis book contains notable contributions from the well-known Vicenza course on hemodialysis and miniaturized wearable devices for renal replacement therapy. The main themes covered in this publication include cardio-renal syndromes as well as new technologies in hemodialysis, new dialysis membranes and techniques, the importance of vitamin D receptors in renal and extra-renal physiology, and the control of risk factors such as blood pressure and lipid disorders. Special interest is placed on new models of organization including large dialysis networks and health care economics. Moreover, acute kidney injury and its impact on the subsequent development of chronic kidney disease are discussed together with the use of modern biomarkers. Microfluidics, nanotechnology and miniaturized dialysis devices suitable for wearable ambulatory treatments are also covered in depth. The publication at hand is a useful tool for consultation by the clinician as well as for those involved in the care of patients with end-stage kidney disease.
- Hemodialysis 2008, Karger
- Hemodialysis technology 2002, Karger
- Hemodynamics and cardiology. 2nd ed. 2012, ScienceDirectNeonatal hemodynamics -- Principles of developmental cardiovascular physiology and pathophysiology -- Principles of developmental cardiovascular physiology and pathophysiology -- Autoregulation of vital and nonvital organ blood flow in the preterm and term neonate -- Definition of normal blood pressure range: the elusive target -- Diagnosis of neonatal shock: methods and their clinical applications -- Methods to assess systemic and organ blood flow in the neonate -- Functional echocardiography in the neonatal intensive care unit -- Assessment of cardiac output in neonates: techniques using the Fick principle, pulse wave form analysis, and electrical impedance -- Near-infrared spectroscopy and its use for the assessment of tissue perfusion in the neonate -- Clinical applications of near-infrared spectroscopy in neonates -- Advanced magnetic neuroimaging techniques in the neonate with a focus on hemodynamic-related brain injury -- Cardiovascular magnetic resonance in the study of neonatal hemodynamics -- Assessment of the microcirculation in the neonate -- Clinical presentations and relevance of neonatal shock -- Clinical presentations of neonatal shock: the very low birth-weight neonate during the first postnatal day -- Very low birth weight neonate with hemodynamically significant ductus arteriosus during the first postnatal week -- Preterm neonate with cardiovascular and adrenal insufficiency -- Shock in the surgical neonate -- Hemodynamics and brain injury in the preterm neonate -- Fetal and neonatal cardiology -- Embryonic and fetal development -- Genetics of fetal and neonatal cardiovascular disease -- Human cardiac development in the first trimester -- Reappraisal of normal and abnormal cardiac development -- Fetal and neonatal cardiology -- New concepts for training the pediatric cardiology workforce of the future -- Current role of fetal echocardiography -- Clinical evaluation of cardiovascular unction in the human fetus -- Cardiac surgery in the neonate with congenital heart disease -- Regional blood flow monitoring in the perioperative period -- Mechanical pump support and cardiac transplant in the neonate -- Catheter-based therapy in the neonate with congenital heart disease -- Hybrid management techniques in the treatment of the neonate with congenital heart disease.
- Hemoglobin disorders 2003, Springer Protocols
- Hemoglobins. Part B, Biochemical and analytical methods ScienceDirect
- Hemoglobins. Part C, Biophysical methods ScienceDirect
- Hemoglobins. [Part A] ScienceDirect
- Hemophilus influenzae protocols 2002, Springer Protocols
- Hemostasis and thrombosis. 5th ed. 2006, Ovid
- Hemostasis and thrombosis. 6th ed. 2013, OvidIntroduction to the field of hemostasis and thrombosis -- Basic principles of hemostasis and thrombosis. Coagulation and fibrinolysis ; Platelet biology ; Vascular biology -- Disorders of coagulation, platelets, and vessel wall. Bleeding disorders of coagulation and fibrinolysis ; Acquired and inherited platelet disorders ; Primary disorders of blood vessels ; Therapy of bleeding disorders -- Thrombotic disorders. Venous thrombotic disorders ; Arterial thrombotic disorders ; Complex thrombotic disorders ; Therapeutic agents -- Hemostatic and thrombotic disorders associated with systemic conditions.
- Henderson's Orbital tumors. 4th ed. 2007, OvidEvaluation of the patient -- Orbital imaging and radiography -- The tumor survey -- Cysts and celes -- Fibrous and connective tissue tumors and proliferations -- Fibro-osseous, osseous, cartilaginous, vascular, and inflammatory tumors of orbital bone -- Tumors of primitive mesoderm, striated muscle, adipose tissue, and smooth muscle -- Tumors of peripheral nerve sheath origin -- Primitive neuroectodermal tumors -- Vascular hamartomas, hyperplasia, and neoplasms -- Vascular malformations -- Malignant melanoma -- Hematopoietic tumors -- Histiocytic disorders -- Primary epithelial neoplasms -- Secondary epithelial neoplasms -- Metastatic carcinomas -- Meningioma -- Inflammatory orbital pseudotumors -- Miscellaneous orbital tumors -- Orbital surgery.
- Henipavirus 2012, SpringerIntroduction: Nipah Virus--Discovery and Origin /Kaw Bing Chua --Ecological Aspects of Hendra Virus /Hume Field, Gary Crameri, Nina Yu-Hsin Kung and Lin-Fa Wang --Epidemiology of Henipavirus Disease in Humans /Stephen P. Luby and Emily S. Gurley --Molecular Virology of the Henipaviruses /Paul A. Rota and Michael K. Lo --Henipavirus Receptor Usage and Tropism /Olivier Pernet, Yao E Wang and Benhur Lee --Henipavirus Membrane Fusion and Viral Entry /Hector C. Aguilar and Ronald M. Iorio --Clinical and Pathological Manifestations of Human Henipavirus Infection /K. T. Wong and C. T. Tan --Henipaviruses in Their Natural Animal Hosts /D. J. Middleton and H. M. Weingartl --Nipah and Hendra Virus Interactions with the Innate Immune System /Christopher F. Basler --Animal Challenge Models of Henipavirus Infection and Pathogenesis /Thomas W. Geisbert, Heinz Feldmann and Christopher C. Broder --Diagnosis of Henipavirus Infection: Current Capabilities and Future Directions /Lin-Fa Wang and Peter Daniels --Immunization Strategies Against Henipaviruses /Christopher C. Broder, Thomas W. Geisbert, Kai Xu, Dimitar B. Nikolov and Lin-Fa Wang, et al.
- Blood platelets and Von Willebrand Disease -- Laboratory approach to thrombotic risk -- Antithrombotic therapy -- Overview of the immune system and immunologic disorders -- Immunoassays and immunochemistry -- Laboratory evaluation of the cellular immune system -- Laboratory evaluation of immunoglobin function and humoral immunity -- Mediators of inflammation: complement, cytokines, and adhesion molecules -- Human leukocyte antigen: the major histocompatibility complex of man -- The major histocompatibility complex and disease -- Immunodeficiency disorders -- Clinical and laboratory evaluation of systemic rheumatic diseases -- Vasculitis -- Organ-specific autoimmune diseases -- Allergic diseases -- Viral infections -- Chlamydial, rickettsial, and mycoplasmal infections -- Medical bacteriology -- In vitro testing of antimicrobial agents -- Spirochete infections -- Mycobacteria -- Mycotic diseases -- Medical parasitology -- Molecular pathology of infectious diseases -- Specimen collection and handling for diagnosis of infectious diseases -- Bioterrorism: microbiology -- Introduction to molecular pathology -- Molecular diagnostics: basic principles and techniques -- Polymerase chain reaction and other chain reaction amplification technology -- Hybridization array technologies -- Applications of cytogenetics in modern pathology -- Establishing a molecular diagnostics laboratory -- Molecular diagnosis of hematopoietic neoplasms -- Molecular diagnosis of genetic diseases -- Identity analysis: use of DNA polymorphisms in parentage and forensic testing -- Diagnostic and management of cancer using serologic tumor markers -- Oncoproteins and early tumor detection -- Diagnostic and prognostic impact of high-throughput genomic and proteomic technologies in the post-genomic era.General concepts and administrative issues -- Optimizing laboratory workflow and performance -- Pre-analysis -- Analysis: principles of instrumentation -- Analysis: clinical laboratory automation -- Point-of-care and physician office laboratories -- Post-analysis: medical decision-making -- Interpreting laboratory results -- Laboratory statistics -- Quality control -- Clinical laboratory informatics -- Financial management -- Biological, chemical and nuclear terrorism: role of the laboratory -- Evaluation of renal function, water, electrolytes and acid-base balance -- Biochemical markers of bone metabolism -- Carbohydrates -- Lipids and dyslipoproteinemia -- Evaluation of cardiac injury and function -- Specific proteins -- Clinical enzymology -- Evaluation of liver function -- Laboratory diagnosis of gastrointestinal and pancreatic disorders -- Toxicology and therapeutic drug monitoring -- Evaluation of endocrine function -- Reproductive function and pregnancy -- Vitamins and trace elements -- Basic examination of urine -- Cerebrospinal, synovial, and serous body fluids -- Basic examination of blood and bone marrow -- Hematopoiesis -- Erythrocytic disorders -- Leukocytic disorders -- The flow cytometric evaluation of hematopoietic neoplasia -- Immunohematology -- Transfusion medicine -- Hemapheresis -- Tissue banking and progenitor cells -- Coagulation and fibrinolysis --
- Pt. 1. The clinical laboratory. -- General concepts and administrative issues -- Optimizing laboratory workflow and performance -- Pre-analysis -- Analysis: principles of instrumentation -- Analysis: clinical laboratory automation -- Point-of-care and physician office laboratories -- Post-analysis: medical decision-making -- Interpreting laboratory results -- Laboratory statistics -- Quality control -- Clinical laboratory informatics -- Financial management -- Biological, chemical and nuclear terrorism: role of the laboratory -- Pt. 2. Clinical chemistry. -- Evaluation of renal function, water, electrolytes and acid-base balance -- Biochemical markers of bone metabolism -- Carbohydrates -- Lipids and dyslipoproteinemia -- Cardiac injury, atherosclerosis, and thrombotic disease -- Specific proteins -- Clinical enzymology -- Evaluation of liver function -- Laboratory diagnosis of gastrointestinal and pancreatic disorders -- Toxicology and therapeutic drug monitoring -- Evaluation of endocrine function -- Reproductive function and pregnancy -- Vitamins and trace elements -- Chemical basis for analyte assays and common interferences -- Pt. 3. Urine and other body fluids. -- Basic examination of urine -- Cerebrospinal, synovial, and serous body fluids -- Pt. 4. Hematology, coagulation, and transfusion medicine. -- Basic examination of blood and bone marrow -- Hematopoiesis -- Erythrocytic disorders -- Leukocytic disorders -- The flow cytometric evaluation of hematopoietic neoplasia -- Immunohematology -- Transfusion medicine -- Hemapheresis -- Tissue banking and progenitor cells -- Pt. 5. Hemostasis and thrombosis. -- Coagulation and fibrinolysis -- Blood platelets and Von Willebrand Disease -- Laboratory approach to thrombotic risk -- Antithrombotic therapy -- Pt. 6. Immunology and immunopathology. -- Overview of the immune system and immunologic disorders -- Immunoassays and immunochemistry -- Laboratory evaluation of the cellular immune system -- Laboratory evaluation of immunoglobin function and humoral immunity -- Mediators of inflammation: complement, cytokines, and adhesion molecules -- Human leukocyte antigen: the major histocompatibility complex of man -- The major histocompatibility complex and disease -- Immunodeficiency disorders -- Clinical and laboratory evaluation of systemic rheumatic diseases -- Vasculitis -- Organ-specific autoimmune diseases -- Allergic diseases --Pt. 7. Medical microbiology. -- Viral infections -- Chlamydial, rickettsial, and mycoplasmal infections -- Medical bacteriology -- In vitro testing of antimicrobial agents -- Spirochete infections -- Mycobacteria -- Mycotic diseases -- Medical parasitology -- Specimen collection and handling for diagnosis of infectious diseases -- Pt. 8. Molecular pathology. -- Introduction to molecular pathology -- Molecular diagnostics: basic principles and techniques -- Polymerase chain reaction and other chain reaction amplification technology -- Hybridization array technologies -- Applications of cytogenetics in modern pathology -- Establishing a molecular diagnostics laboratory -- Molecular diagnosis of genetic diseases -- Identity analysis: use of DNA polymorphisms in parentage and forensic testing -- Pharmacogenomics and personalized medicine -- Pt. 9. Clinical pathology of cancer -- Diagnostic and management of cancer using serologic tumor markers -- Oncoproteins and early tumor detection -- Molecular diagnosis of hematopoietic neoplasms -- Molecular genetic pathology of solid tumors -- High-throughput genomic and proteomic technologies in the post-genomic era -- Appendix 1. Physiologic solutions, buffers, acid-base indicators, standard reference materials, and temperature conversions -- Appendix 3. Desirable weights, body surface area, and body mass index (BMI) -- Appendix 1. Approximations of total blood volume (TBV) -- Appendix 4. Periodic table of the elements -- Appendix 5. SI units -- Appendix 6. Common chimeric genes identified in human malignancies -- Appendix 7. Disease/organ panels -- Guidelines for ordering blood for elective surgery
- Heparin 2012, SpringerHistory of heparin / T.W. Barrowcliffe -- Heparin biosynthesis / Pernilla Carlsson and Lena Kjellén -- Anticoagulant and antithrombotic mechanisms of heparin / Elaine Gray, John Hogwood, and Barbara Mulloy -- Standardisation of unfractionated and low-molecular-weight heparin / Elaine Gray -- Structure and physicochemical characterisation of heparin / Barbara Mulloy -- Case study: contamination of heparin with oversulfated chondroitin sulfate / Edward K. Chess ... [et al.] -- Low-molecular-weight heparins: differential characterization/physical characterization / Marco Guerrini and Antonella Bisio -- Heparin and heparan sulfate: analyzing structure and microheterogeneity / Zachary Shriver ... [et al.] -- Heparin in the prophylaxis and treatment of venous thromboembolism and other thrombotic diseases / Paolo Gresele, Chiara Busti, and Gloria Paganelli -- Adverse effects of heparin / S. Alban -- Neutralization of heparin activity / Menaka Pai and Mark A. Crowther -- Non-anticoagulant effects of heparin: an overview / Rebecca Lever and Clive P. Page -- Glycosaminoglycan and chemokine/growth factor interactions / Janis Shute -- Glycosaminoglycans and neuroprotection / B. Dudas and K. Semeniken -- Heparan sulphate: a heparin in miniature / J.T. Gallagher -- Heparin mimetics / Deirdre R. Coombe and Warren C. Kett -- Hyaluronic acid / Luigi Allegra, Sabrina Della Patrona, and Giuseppe Petrigni -- Semi-synthetic heparinoids / P. Oreste and G. Zoppetti -- Heparin-like entities from marine organisms / S. Colliec-Jouault, C. Bavington, and C. Belbarre-Ladrat.
- Hepatic caudate lobe resection 2010, Springer
- Hepatic encephalopathy 2012, SpringerPart 1.Pathogenesis. --Role of Ammonia in the Pathogenesis of Hepatic Encephalopathy /Jan Albrecht --Neuroinflammation in the Pathogenesis of Hepatic Encephalopathy /Roger F. Butterworth --Inflammation and Hepatic Encephalopathy /Shabnam S. Shabbir, Amit Singh Seyan and Debbie Lindsay Shawcross --Oxidative Stress in Hepatic Encephalopathy /Arumugam R. Jayakumar and Michael D. Norenberg --The Role of Natural Benzodiazepines Receptor Ligands in Hepatic Encephalopathy /E. Anthony Jones and Kevin D. Mullen --Introduction, Nomenclature, and Classification of Hepatic Encephalopathy /Kevin D. Mullen and Ravi K. Prakash --Part 2.Diagnosis. --Diagnosis of Overt Hepatic Encephalopathy /Karin Weissenborn --Diagnosis of Minimal Hepatic Encephalopathy /Jennifer Y. Montgomery and Jasmohan S. Bajaj --The Electroencephalogram in Hepatic Encephalopathy /Piero Amodio --Brain Imaging in Hepatic Encephalopathy /Rita García-Martínez and Juan Córdoba.Part 3.Treatment. --Disaccharides in the Treatment of Hepatic Encephalopathy /Praveen Sharma and Shiv Kumar Sarin --Antibiotic Treatment for Hepatic Encephalopathy /Kevin D. Mullen and Ravi K. Prakash --Ornithine Phenylacetate: A Novel Strategy for the Treatment of Hepatic Encephalopathy /Maria Jover-Cobos, Nathan A. Davies, Yalda Sharifi and Rajiv Jalan --Part 4.Special Topics. --Sleep Disorders and Hepatic Encephalopathy /Sara Montagnese --Hepatic Encephalopathy and Driving /Matthew R. Kappus and Jasmohan S. Bajaj --Nutrition and Hepatic Encephalopathy /Manuela Merli, Michela Giusto and Oliviero Riggio --Hepatic Encephalopathy in Patients with Transjugular Intrahepatic Portosystemic Shunt (TIPS) /Martin Rössle and Wulf Euringer --Quality of Life in Hepatic Encephalopathy /Jillian Kallman Price and Zobair M. Younossi --Liver Transplantation and Hepatic Encephalopathy /Dileep K. Atluri and Kevin D. Mullen --Future of Hepatic Encephalopathy /Kevin D. Mullen and Ravi K. Prakash.
- Hepatic safety and HAART/ Lane Catalog record
- Hepatitis B and D protocols Springer Protocolsv. 2 Springer Protocolsv. 1. Detection, genotypes, and characterization -- v. 2. Immunology, model systems, and clinical studies.
- Hepatitis C : epidemiology, diagnosis, natural history, and therapy / S. Pol ... [et al.] -- Hepatitis C and renal disease : epidemiology, diagnosis, pathogenesis, and therapy / J.M. Morales, N. Kamar, L. Rostaing -- Hepatitis C-induced renal disease in patients with AIDS : an emergent problem / M. Praga, E. Gutirrez Solis, E. Morales -- Hepatitis C in hemodialysis : epidemiology and prevention of hepatitis C virus transmission / M. Jadoul, G. Barril -- Hepatitis C-related liver disease in dialysis patients / F. Fabrizi... [et al.] -- Treatment of hepatitis C in dialysis patients / N. Esforzado, J.M. Campistol -- Selection and management of hepatitis C virus-infected patients for the kidney transplant waiting list / D. Roth, R. Bloom -- Kidney transplantation in the patient with hepatitis C virus infection / J.M. Morales, R. Bloom, D. Roth -- Treatment of hepatitis C virus infection after kidney transplantation / L. Rostaing ... [et al.] -- Immunosuppression in hepatitis C virus-infected patients after kidney transplantation / O. Manuel ... [et al.] -- Impact of extrahepatic complications (diabetes and glomerulonephritis) associated with hepatitis C virus infection after renal transplantation / J.M. Cruzado, O. Bestard, J.M. Grinycent -- Renal transplantation from donors with a positive serology for hepatitis C / B. Domínguez-Gil ... [et al.].
- Hepatitis C virus 2013, SpringerHepatitis C virus (HCV), a major causative agent of chronic liver disease, is spread throughout the world and around 170 million people are persistently infected. In this volume, world-leading experts in the field of HCV research have compiled the most recent scientific advances to provide a comprehensive and very timely overview of the various facets of HCV. The book starts with a discussion of the possible origin of HCV and its spread among the human population. The focus of the subsequent chapters is on available cell culture and in vivo models before shifting to the molecular and cellular principles underlying the viral replication cycle. These chapters are complemented by insightful descriptions of the innate and adaptive immune responses to HCV as well as the virus-associated pathogenesis. Finally, the development of antiviral therapies, which is closely linked with progress in basic research, and the implementation of those therapies into present and future daily clinical practice are highlighted.
- Hepatitis C virus disease 2008, SpringerInnate immunity in type C hepatitis / Tetsuo Takehara and Norio Hayashi -- Mechanisms of interferon action and resistance in chronic hepatitis C virus infection: lessons learned from cell culture studies / Srikanta Dash ... [et al.] -- Immunological parameters influencing adaptive immune responses to the hepatitis C virus / Patrick Bertolino, Geoffrey W. McCaughan, and David G. Bowen -- Immune responses against the hepatitis C virus and the outcome of therapy / Paul Klenerman and Eleanor Barnes -- Other microbial components associated with hepatitis C virus infection: their effects on interferon- a/ribavirin treatment / Luigi Amati, Vittorio Pugliese, and Emilio Jirillo -- Interferon-induced effector proteins and hepatitis C virus replication / Michael Frese and Eva Dazert -- Treatment of chronic hepatitis C with different genotypes / James Fung, Ching-Lung Lai, and Man-Fung Yuen -- Interferon treatment of hepatitis C virus infection: from basic biology to clinical application / Norihiro Furusyo, Masayuki Murata, and Jun Hayashi -- Interferon-based therapy for hepatitis C virus infections / Ming-Lung Yu and Wan-Long Chuang -- Treatment of chronic hepatitis C in "difficult-to-treat" patients in the clinical setting / Ana Moreno, Rafael Bárcena, and Carmen Quereda -- Effects of combined IFN-alpha/ribavirin treatment in HCV disease-related progression / Davide Festi ... [et al.] -- Pegylated interferons: clinical applications in the management of hepatitis C infection / S. James Matthews and Christopher McCoy.
- Hepatitis C virus infection and substance abuse Lane Catalog record
- Hepatocellular carcinoma 2011, SpringerEpidemiology and pathogenesis of hepatocellular carcinoma -- Biology of hepatocellular carcinoma -- Hepatocellular cancer: pathologic considerations -- Screening program in high-risk populations -- Staging of hepatocellular carcinoma -- Multidisciplinary care of the hepatocellular carcinoma patient -- Evidence-based guidelines for treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma in Japan -- Hepatocellular carcinoma arising in the non-viral, non-alcoholic liver -- Liver resection for hepatocellular carcinoma -- Ultrasound-guided liver resection for hepatocellular carcinoma -- Portal vein embolization prior to resection -- Laparoscopic liver resection for HCC: a European perspective -- Laparoscopic liver surgery for the management of hepatocellular carcinoma: the American perspective -- Liver transplant for hepatocellular carcinoma -- Vascular resection for hepatocellular carcinoma -- Radiofrequency ablation for hepatocellular carcinoma -- Microwave ablation and hepatocellular carcinoma -- Transarterial chemoembolization -- Chemoembolization with drug-eluting beads -- Yttrium-90 radioembolotherapy for hepatocellular carcinoma -- Cytotoxic chemotherapy and endocrine therapy for hepatocellular carcinoma -- Targeted therapies for hepatocellular carcinoma -- The future: combination systemic therapy for hepatocellular carcinoma -- Follow-up and salvage therapy for recurrent hepatocellular carcinoma.
- Hepatocellular carcinoma. 2nd ed. 2010, SpringerEpidemiology of hepatocellular carcinoma -- Environmental carcinogens and risk for human liver cancer -- Primary liver cancer: chemical carcinogenesis -- Molecular mechanisms of hepatocellular carcinoma: insights to therapy -- Genomic profiling of human hepatocellular carcinoma -- Pathologic aspects of hepatocellular tumors -- Hepatocellular carcinoma associated with hepatitis B virus -- Hepatitis C and hepatocellular carcinoma -- Metabolic disease and hepatocellular carcinoma -- Clinical features and a clinician's diagnostic approach to hepatocellular carcinoma -- Screening and biomarkers for hepatocellular carcinoma -- Use of imaging techniques to screen for hepatocellular carcinoma -- MRI for detection and evaluation of hepatocellular carcinoma -- Ultrasound of hepatocellular carcinoma: the important contribution of contrast enhancement -- Percutaneous ethanol injection -- Radiofrequency ablation of hepatocellular carcinoma -- Resection of hepatocellular carcinoma -- Liver transplantation for hepatocellular carcinoma -- Living donor liver transplantation for hepatocellular carcinoma -- Medical therapy of HCC -- Percutaneous interventional technique for intra-arterial chemoembolization -- Molecular targeted therapies for HCC -- Radiation therapy for hepatocellular carcinoma -- Psychosocial issues in hepatocellular carcinoma -- Putting it all together.
- Hepatocyte transplantation 2009, Springer ProtocolsHuman hepatocyte transplantation overview / Juliana Puppi and Anil Dhawan -- Isolation of human hepatocytes / Ragai R. Mitry -- An optimised method for cryopreservation of human hepatocytes / Claire Terry and Robin D. Hughes -- Liver cell culture techniques / José V. Castell and María José Gómez-Lechón -- In-vitro assays for induction of drug metabolism / Brian G. Lake ... [et al.] -- Hepatocyte apoptosis / Mustapha Najimi, Françoise Smets, and Etienne Sokal -- Small animal models of hepatocyte transplantation / Jurgen Seppen, Ebtisam El Filali, and Ronald Oude Elferink -- Hepatocyte transplantation techniques : large animal models / Anne Weber, Marie Thérèse Groyer-Picard, and Ibrahim Dagher -- Cell transplant techniques : engraftment detection of cells / Robert A. Fisher and Valeria R. Mas -- Hepatic preconditioning for transplanted cell engraftment and proliferation / Yao-Ming Wu and Sanjeev Gupta -- Ex vivo gene transfer into hepatocytes / Xia Wang ... [et al.] -- Sources of adult hepatic stem cells : haematopoietic / Rosemary Jeffery, Richard Poulsom, and Malcolm R. Alison -- Production of hepatocyte-like cells from human amnion / Toshio Miki ... [et al.] -- Generation of hepatocytes from human embryonic stem cells / Niloufar Safinia and Stephen L. Minger -- Isolation, in vitro cultivation, and characterisation of foetal liver cells / Yue Wu, Chetan C. Shatapathy, and Stephen L. Minger -- Human intrahepatic biliary epithelial cell lineages : studies in vitro / Ruth Joplin and Stivelia Kachilele -- Liver cell labelling with MRI contrast agents / Michel Modo, Thomas J. Meade, and Ragai R. Mitry -- Microbiological monitoring of hepatocyte isolation in the GMP laboratory / Sharon C. Lehec.
- Hepatocytes 2010, Springer Protocols1. General review on in vitro hepatocyte models and their applications / Christiane Guguen-Guillouzo and Andre Guillouzo -- 2. Human foetal hepatocytes / Anne Weber ... [et al.] -- 3. Isolation and culture of primary hepatocytes from resected human liver tissue / Edward L. LeCluyse and Eliane Alexandre -- 4. Optimisation of the cryopreservation of primary hepatocytes / Nicola J. Hewitt -- 5. Cryopreservation of human hepatocytes for clinical use / Ragai R. Mitry, Sharon C. Lehec, and Robin D. Hughes -- 6. Hepatocyte differentiation / Katy M. Olsavsky Goyak, Elizabeth M. Laurenzana, and Curtis J. Omiecinski -- 7. Reversible manipulation of apoptosis sensitivity in cultured hepatocytes by matrix-mediated manipulation of signaling activities / Patricio Godoy ... [et al.] -- 8. Markers and signaling factors for stem cell differentiation to hepatocytes / Frédéric Lemaigre -- 9. Hepatic stem cells / Robert E. Schwartz and Catherine Verfaillie -- 10. Hepatic stem cells and liver development / Nalu Navarro-Alvarez, Alejandro Soto-Gutierrez, and Naoya Kobayashi -- 11. Generation of hepatocytes from human embryonic stem cells / Neta Lavon -- 12. Isolation and culture of adult human liver progenitor cells / Sabine Gerbal-Chaloin ... [et al.] -- 13. The HepaRG cell line / Marie-Jeanne Marion, Olivier Hantz, and David Durantel -- 14. Transdifferentiation of pancreatic cells to hepatocytes / Chia-Ning Shen and David Tosh -- 15. Evaluation of drug metabolism, drug-drug interactions and in vitro hepatotoxicity with cryopreserved human hepatocytes / Albert P. Li -- 16. The use of human hepatocytes to investigate drug metabolism and CYP enzyme induction / Sylvie Klieber ... [et al.] -- 17. The use of hepatocytes to investigate UDP-glucuronosyltransferases and sulfotransferases / Sylvie Fournel-Gigleux ... [et al.] -- 18. The use of hepatocytes to investigate drug uptake transporters / Kazuya Maeda and Yuichi Sugiyama -- 19. Metabonomic studies on human hepatocyte in primary culture / Vincent Croizmarie ... [et al.] -- 20. The application of HepRG cells in evaluation of cytochrome P450 induction properties of drug compounds / Tommy B. Andersson -- 21. The use of hepatocytes to investigate drug toxicity / María José Gómez-Lechón, José V. Castell, Maria Teresa Donato -- 22. The use of human hepatocytes to investigate bile acid synthesis / Ewa C.S. Ellis and Lisa-Mari Nilsson -- 23. The use of human hepatocytes to investigate blood coagulation factor / Christine Biron-Andréani ... [et al.] -- 24. Use of human hepatocytes to investigate HCV infection / Lydiane Pichard-Garcia ... [et al.] -- 25. The use of hepatocytes to investigate HDV infection / Camille Sureau -- 26. Rodent models of liver repopulation / Helène Gilgenkrantz -- 27. Chimeric mice with humanized liver / Stephen C. Strom, Julio Davila, and Markus Grompe -- 28. Bioartificial liver support systems / Gesine Pless -- 29. Human hepatocyte transplantation / Anil Dhawan ... [et al.].
- Hepatology and transplant hepatology 2011, SpringerGeneral hepatology: Cases 1-26 -- Advanced liver disease: Cases 27-65 -- Transplant hepatology: Cases 66-90.
- Hepatology, principles and practice. 2nd ed. 2006, Springer
- Hepatology, textbook and atlas. 3rd ed. 2008, Springer
- Heptachlor 2006
- Renal anatomy and histology -- Development of the kidney -- Primer on the pathologic diagnosis of renal disease -- The nephrotic syndrome and minimal change disease -- Focal segmental glomerulosclerosis -- Membranous glomerulonephritis -- Membranoproliferative glomerulonephritis -- Acute postinfectious glomerulonephritis and glomerulonephritis caused by presistent bacterial infection -- Renal injury associated with human immunodeficiency virus infection -- IgA nephropathy and henoch-schhönlein purpura nephritis -- Alport's syndrome, thin basement membrane nephropathy, nail-patella syndrome, the type III collagen glomerulopathy -- Renal disease in systemic lupus erythematosus, mixed connective tissue disease, Sjögren's syndrome, and rheumatoid arthritis -- Anti-glomerular basement membrane glomerulonephritis and goodpasture's sndrome -- Pauci-immune and antineutrophil cytoplasmic autoantibody-mediated crescentic glomerulonephritis and vasculitis -- Renal involvement in polyarteritis nodosa, Kawasaki disease, takayasu arteritis and giant cell arteritis -- Hemolytic uremic syndrome, thrombotic thromboyctopenic purpura, and other thrombotic microangiopathies -- Renal diseases in pregnancy -- Diabetic nephropathy -- Renal dieases associated with plasma cell dyscrasias, amyloidoses, waldenström macroglobulinemia, and cryoglobulinemic nephropathies -- Glomercular diseases with organized deposits -- Renal disease caused by hypertension -- Pyelonephritis and other infections, reflux nephropathy, hydronephrosis, and nephrolithiasis -- Acute and chronic tubulointerstitial nephritis -- Ischemic and toxic acute tubular injury and other ischemic renal injury -- Renal disease caused by familial metabolic and hematologic diseases -- Cystic diseases and development kidney defects -- End-stage renal disease -- Renal transplant pathology -- Renal neoplasms.
- Herbal and traditional medicine. [2nd ed.] 2004, CRCnetBASEIntegrating traditional and complementary medicine into national health care: learning from the international experience -- Can traditional medicine coexist with modern medicine in the same health care system? -- Clinial trials for herbal extracts -- Herbal medicine: criteria for use in health and disease -- Effects of phytochemicals in Chinese functional ingredients on gut health -- Tea and health -- Ginkgo biloba: from traditional medicine to molecular biology -- Ginger -- Lingzhi polyphorous fungus (Ganoderma lucidum) -- Epimedium species -- Ligusticum chuanxiong hort -- Salvia miltiorrhiza -- Schisandrin B and other dibenzocyclooctadiene lignans -- Spirulina: an overview -- Averrhoa bilimbi -- Lentinus edodes: Shiitake mushrooms -- Cruciferous vegetables and chemoprevention: the mechanisms of isothiocyanate-mediated chemoprotection in humans -- Pharmacological and chemopreventive studies of chrysanthemum -- Andrographis paniculata and the cardiovascular system -- Rosemary -- Crataegus (Hawthorn) -- Resveratrol: the promise therein -- Pharmacological and physiological effects of ginseng -- Antioxidant activities of prickly pear (Opuntia ficus indica) fruit and its betalains: betanin and indicaxanthin -- Antioxidant activity and antigenotoxicity of Cassia tora -- Sho-saiko-to -- Licorice root flavonoid antioxidants reduce LDL oxidation and attenuate cardiovascular diseases -- Estrogen-like activity of licorice root extract and its constitutents -- Protection of oxidative brain injury by Chinese herbal medicine: Shengmai San as a model formula for antioxidant-based-compounds therapy of oxidative stress-related diseases -- Eurycoma longifolia Jack (Tongkat Ali) -- The biological and pharmacological properties of Cordyceps sinesis, a traditional Chinese medicine that has broad clinical applications -- Phytochemistry, pharmacology, and health effects of Brandisia hancei -- Ephedra -- Echinacea and immunostimulation -- Medical attributes of St. John's wort (Hypericum perforatum) -- Therapeutic potential of curcumin derived from turmeric (Curcuma longa) -- Extracts from the leaves of Chromolaena odorata: a potential agent for wound healing -- Medicinal properties of Eucommia bark and leaves -- Systemic reviews of herbal medicinal products: doing more good than harm? -- Use of silicon-based oligonucleotide chip in authentication of toxic Chinese medicine -- Traditional Chinese medicine: problems and drawbacks -- Review of adverse effects of Chinese herbal medicine and herb-drug interactions.
- Herbal drugs and fingerprints 2012, Springer
- Herbal products. 2nd ed. 2007, SpringerPreface --Contributors --ch 1.Ma huang and the ephedra alkaloids /Steven B. Karch --ch. 2.Kava /Douglas D. Glover --ch. 3.Ginkgo biloba /Timothy S. Tracy --ch. 4.Valerian /Brian J. Isetts --ch. 5.St. John's wort /Dean Filandrinos,Thomas R. Yentsch,andKatie L. Meyers --ch. 6.Echinacea /Daniel BerknerandLeo Sioris --ch. 7.Feverfew /Richard L. Kingston --ch. 8.Garlic /Leslie HelouandIla M. Harris --ch. 9.Ginger /Douglas D. Glover --ch. 10.Saw palmetto /Timothy S. Tracy --ch. 11.Panax ginseng /Timothy S. Tracy --ch. 12.Cranberry /Timothy S. Tracy --ch. 13.Hawthorn /Timothy S. Tracy --ch. 14.Evening primrose /Margaret B. Artz --ch. 15.Citrus aurantium /Anders Westanmo --ch. 16.Vitex agnus-castus /Margaret B. Artz --ch. 17.Billberry /Timothy S. Tracy --Index.
- Herbal supplements-drug interactions 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Herbalism, phytochemistry, and ethnopharmacology 2011, CRCnetBASE
- Hereditary basis of rheumatic diseases 2006, Springer
- Hereditary colorectal cancer 2010, Springer
- Hereditary peripheral neuropathies 2005, Springer
- Hereditary retinopathies 2012, SpringerIntroduction --Gene-based medicines targeting genetic defects directly and molecular pathologies common to multiple forms of disease --Molecular medicines.
- Herpes simplex virus epithelial keratitis 2010, Springer
- Herpes zoster 2006, kargerMolecular biology of varicella-zoster virus / Rahaus, M., Desloges, N., Wolff, M.H -- Latency and reactivation of VZV / Lungu, O., Gershon, A.A. -- Laboratory confirmation of herpes zoster / Ludwig, B., Buxbaum, S., Doerr, H.W. -- Clinical picture and complications of herpes zoster: the view of the dermatologist / Gross, G. -- Ophthalmic manifestations of herpes zoster infection / Guembel, H. -- (Herpes) zoster oticus / Pau, H.W. -- Neuroanatomy of pain and neuropathology of herpes zoster and postherpetic neuralgia / Wree, A., Usunoff, K.G. -- Postherpetic neuralgia and other neurologic complications / Baron, R. -- Varicella-zoster virus infections during pregnancy / Sauerbrei, A., Wutzler, P. -- Herpes zoster in the immunocompromised host / Schöfer, H. -- Chickenpox and zoster in marrow transplant recipients / Genvresse, I., Maschmeyer, G. -- General aspects of therapy / Gross, G. -- Antiviral therapy of shingles in dermatology / Lilie, H.M., Wassilew, S.W. -- Highly potent and selective inhibition of varicella-zoster virus replication by bicyclic furo[2,3-d] pyrimidine nucleoside analogues (BCNAS) / Clercq, E.D. -- Therapy of zoster pain, postherpetic neuralgia and other neurological complications / Baron, R. -- Epidemiology of herpes zoster: what has changed? / Allwinn, R., Buxbaum, S., Doerr, H.W. -- Live attenuated varicella vaccine / Gershon, A.A.
- Heterogeneity in asthma 2014, SpringerAsthma is a chronic relapsing airways disease that represents a major public health problem worldwide. Intermittent exacerbations are provoked by airway mucosal exposure to pro-inflammatory stimuli, with RNA viral infections or inhaled allergens representing the two most common precipitants. In this setting, inducible signaling pathways the airway mucosa play a central role in the initiation of airway inflammation through production of antimicrobial peptides (defensins), cytokines, chemokines and arachidonic acid metabolites that coordinate the complex processes of vascular permeability, cellular recruitment, mucous hyper-secretion, bronchial constriction and tissue remodeling. These signals also are responsible for leukocytic infiltration into the submucosa, T helper-lymphocyte skewing, and allergic sensitization. Currently, it is well appreciated that asthma is a heterogeneous in terms of onset, exacerbants, severity, and treatment response. Current asthma classification methods are largely descriptive and focus on a single aspect or dimension of the disease. An active area of investigation on how to collect, use and visualize multidimensional profiling in asthma. This book will overview multidimensional profiling strategies and visualization approaches for phenotyping asthma. As an outcome, this work will facilitate the understanding of disease etiology, prognosis and/or therapeutic intervention.
- Heterotrimeric G protein effectors ScienceDirect
- Heterotrimeric G proteins ScienceDirect
- Hidden beauty 2013"This collaborative project by a scientist and artist from the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine asks the reader to consider the aesthetics of human disease, both within and beyond the context of our preconceived social systems. Disease is a dynamically powerful force of nature that acts without regard to race, religion, or culture. These forces create visually stunning patterns with a remarkable ability to evoke human emotion in isolation that differswhen viewed in the context of the disease that produced the image. We see beauty in the delicate lacework of fungal hyphae invading a blood vessel, the structure of the normal cerebellum, and the desperate drive of metastasizing cancer cells. However, appreciation of the imagery produced by disease is bittersweet; we simultaneously experience the beauty of the natural world and the pain of those living with these disease processes. Ultimately, this series of images will leave the viewer with an understanding and appreciation of visual beauty inherent within the field." -- Book jacket.
- Hidden cities 2010, WHO"The joint WHO and UN-HABITAT report, Hidden cities: unmasking and overcoming health inequities in urban settings, is being released at a turning point in human history. For the first time ever, the majority of the world's population is living in cities, and this proportion continues to grow ... The number of urban residents is growing by nearly 60 million every year. This demographic transition from rural to urban, or urbanization, has far-reaching consequences ... " - p. ix
- Hidradenitis suppurativa 2006, Springer
- Hierarchical modeling and analysis for spatial data 2004, CRCnetBASE
- High content screening 2006, Springer Protocols
- Introduction to high-density lipoprotein, dyslipidemia, and coronary heart disease -- Regulation of ApoA-I gene expression and prospects to increase plasma ApoA-I and HDL levels -- High density lipoprotein particles -- The kinetics and remodeling of HDL particles: lessons from inborn errors of lipid metabolism -- HDL structure, function, and anti-inflammatory properties -- Human apolipoprotein A-I deficiency -- Human apolipoprotein A-I mutants -- ATP binding cassette A1 transporter function and Tangier disease -- The role ABCG1 in cellular cholesterol efflux: relevance to atherosclerosis and endothelial function -- In vitro studies and mass flux of cholesterol between serum and macrophages -- Genetic LCAT deficiency: molecular diagnosis, plasma lipids, and atherosclerosis -- Human cholesteryl ester transfer protein in human HDL metabolism -- The HDL receptor SR-BI -- Genetic loci influencing plasma high density lipoprotein cholesterol concentrations in humans -- Nutritional and lifestyle factors and high-density lipoprotein metabolism -- Effects of ethanol intake on high density lipoprotein metabolism in humans -- Effects of estrogen on HDL metabolism -- Effects of niacin on HDL metabolism -- Effects of statins on HDL metabolism -- Therapeutic regulation of high-density lipoprotein transport in the metabolic syndrome -- Effects of cholesterol ester transfer protein inhibition on HDL metabolism -- HDL infusion therapy -- High-density lipoproteins, dyslipidemia, and heart disease: past, present, and future.
- High dilution effects 2004, Springer
- High field brain MRI 2006, Springer
- High performance MySQL. 3rd ed. 2012, ProQuest SafariMySQL architecture and history -- Benchmarking MySQL -- Profiling server performance -- Optimizing schema and data types -- Indexing for high performance -- Query performance optimization -- Advanced MySQL features -- Optimizing server settings -- Operating system and hardware optimization -- Replication -- Scaling MySQL -- High availability -- MySQL in the cloud -- Application-level optimization -- Backup and recovery -- Tools for MySQL users -- Forks and variants of MySQL -- MySQL server status -- Transferring large files -- Using EXPLAIN -- Debugging locks -- Using Sphinx with MySQL.
- High resolution separation and analysis of biological macromolecules. Part A, Fundamentals ScienceDirect
- High resolution separation and analysis of biological macromolecules. Part B, Applications ScienceDirect
- High throughput analysis for early drug discovery 2004, ScienceDirect
- High throughput bioanalytical sample preparation 2003, ScienceDirect
- High throughput protein expression and purification 2009, Springer ProtocolsHexahistidine-tagged maltose-binding protein as a fusion partner for the production of soluble recombinant proteins in Escherichia coli / Brian P. Austin, Sreedevi Nallamsetty, and David S. Waugh -- PHB-intein-mediated protein purification strategy / Alison R. Gillies, Mahmoud Reza Banki, and David W. Wood -- High-throughput biotinylation of proteins / Brian K. Kay, Sang Thai, and Veronica V. Volgina -- High-throughput insect cell protein expression applications / Mirjam Buchs ... [et al.] -- High-throughput protein expression using cell-free system / Kalavathy Sitaraman and Deb K. Chatterjee -- The production of glycoproteins by transient expression in mammalian cells / Joanne E. Nettleship, Nahid Rahman-Huq, and Raymond J. Owens -- High-throughput expression and detergent screening of integral membrane proteins / Said Eshaghi -- Cell-free expression for nanolipoprotein particles : building a high-throughput membrane protein solubility platform / Jenny A. Cappuccio ... [et al.] -- Expression and purification of soluble His₆-tagged TEV protease / Joseph E. Tropea, Scott Cherry, and David S. Waugh -- High-throughput protein concentration and buffer exchange : comparison of ultrafiltration and ammonium sulfate precipitation / Priscilla A. Moore and Vladimir Kery.High-throughput protein production (HTTP) : a review of enabling technologies to expedite protein production / Jim Koehn and Ian Hunt -- Designing experiments for high-throughput protein expression / Stephen P. Chambers and Susanne E. Swalley -- Gateway cloning for protein expression / Dominic Esposito, Leslie A. Garvey, and Chacko S. Chakiath -- Flexi vector cloning / Paul G. Blommel ... [et al.] -- The precise engineering of expression vectors using high-throughput In-Fusion PCR cloning / Nick S. Berrow, David Alderton, and Raymond J. Owens -- The polymerase incomplete primer extension (PIPE) method applied to high-throughput cloning and site-directed mutagenesis / Heath E. Klock and Scott A. Lesley -- A family of LIC vectors for high-throughput cloning and purification of proteins / William H. Eschenfeldt ... [et al.] -- "System 48" high-throughput cloning and protein expression analysis / James M. Abdullah, Andrzej Joachimiak, and Frank R. Collart -- Automated 96-well purification of hexahistidine-tagged recombinant proteins on MagneHis Ni²⁺-particles / Chiann-Tso Lin, Priscilla A. Moore, and Vladimir Kery -- E. coli and insect cell expression, automated purification and quantitative analysis / StephenP. Chambers ... [et al.].
- High throughput screening 2002, Springer Protocols
- High-dimensional data analysis in cancer research 2009, Springer
- High-field MR imaging 2011, Springer
- High-grade gliomas 2007, SpringerHistologic classification of high-grade gliomas / Richard A. Prayson -- Molecular classifications / Gregory N. Fuller-- Pediatric high-grade glioma / Bruce H. Cohen -- Adult high-grade glioma / Nicholas Butowski, Susan Chang -- Computerized tomography / Manzoor Ahmed, Thomas J. Masaryk -- Magnetic resonance imaging / Paul M. Ruggieri -- Magnetic resonance spectroscopy / G. Evren Keles, Soonmee Cha, Mitchell S. Berger -- Imaging tumor biology: physiological and molecular insights / Timothy P. L. Roberts, Andrea Kassner -- Nuclear imaging of gliomas / Alexander M. Spence ... [et al.] -- Magnetoencephalography / Michael P. Steinmetz, Jurgen Luders, Edward C. Benzel -- General considerations / Glen H. J. Stevens -- Surgical techniques / Gene H. Barnett -- Radiation therapy / Hiral K. Shah, Minesh P. Mehta -- Brachytherapy / Marcus L. Ware, P. K. Sneed, Michael W. McDermot -- Radiosurgery / John H. Suh, Gene H. Barnett -- Chemotherapy / Manmeet Singh Ahluwalia, David M. Peereboom -- Nursing considerations / Kathleen Lupica, Gail Ditz -- Convection-enhanced delivery / Andrew A. Kanner -- Immunotoxins for glioma therapy / Syed Rafat Husain, Raj K. Puri -- Small molecule agents / Michael Vogelbaum, Tina Thomas -- Cytokine immuno-gene therapy for malignant brain tumors / Roberta P. Glick ... [et al.] -- Monoclonal antibodies / Abraham Boskovitz ... [et al.] -- Clinical trials of oncolytic viruses for gliomas / E. Antonio Chiocca, M. L. Lamfers -- Biological modifiers / Alexander Mason, Steven Toms, Aleck Hercbergs -- Gene therapy / Maciej S. Lesniak, Alessandro Olivi -- Boron neutron capture therapy of brain tumors: current status and future prospects / Rolf F. Barth ... [et al.] -- Photodynamic therapy / Bhadrakant Kavar, Andrew H. Kaye.
- High-performance membrane dialyzers 2011, KargerDefinition of high-performance membranes -- from the clinical point of view / A. Saito -- Solute removal efficiency and biocompatibility of the high-performance membrane -- from engineering points of view / K. Sakai, M. Matsuda -- Biocompatible characteristics of high-performance membranes / S. Uda, M. Mizobuchi, T. Akizawa -- Selection guidelines for high-performance membrane / T. Sanaka, M. Koremoto -- Preferred performance of the high-performance membrane in the case of online hemodiafiltration / H. Kawanishi -- Preferred dialysis fluid for the high-performance membrane / T. Tomo -- Required water quality for the use of high-performance membranes / I. Aoike -- Clinical outcomes of the high-performance membrane dialyzer / Y. Koda -- Endotoxin and bacterial level of dialysate fluid quality / Y. Isakozawa, S. Takesawa, V. David -- Albumin loss under the use of the high-performance membrane / K. Tsuchida, J. Minakuchi -- Choice of modality with the use of high-performance membrane / I. Masakane -- Mass transfer mechanisms in high-performance membrane dialyzers / A.C. Yamashita -- Fluid and solute transfer characteristics in a dialyzer with a high-performance membrane / M. Mineshima -- Contribution of polysulfone membranes to the success of convective dialysis therapies / S.K. Bowry, E. Gatti, J. Vienken -- AN69 : evolution of the world's first high permeability membrane / M. Thomas, K. Moriyama, I. Ledebo -- Polyethersulfone as a high-performance membrane / D.H. Krieter, H.-D. Lemke -- Polymethylmethacrylate membrane with a series of serendipity / Y. Sakaiu -- Polyester polymer alloy as a high-performance membrane / T. Igoshi ... [et al.] -- Cellulose triacetate as a high-performance membrane / T. Sunohara, T. Masuda -- Ethylene vinyl alcohol co-polymer as a high-performance membrane : an EVOH membrane with excellent biocompatibility / A. Nakano -- Sustained high-efficiency daily diafiltration using a mediator-adsorbing membrane (SHEDD-fA) in the treatment of patients with severe sepsis / O. Nishida ... [et al.] -- Comparison of efficacy between continuous hemodiafiltration with a PMMA high-performance membrane dialyzer and a pan membrane hemofilter in the treatment of septic shock patients with acute renal failure / K. Matsuda ... [et al.] -- Commercially available high-performance membrane dialyzers and several special kinds on the Japanese market (as of April 30, 2011) / A.C. Yamashita.
- Introduction to high-resolution computed tomography -- Airway and lung anatomy -- Large airways diseases -- Bronchiectasis -- Small airways diseases -- Cystic lung diseases -- Obstructive lung diseases -- Lung transplantation and lung volume reduction surgery -- Diffuse lung diseases -- Asbestos-related diseases -- Masses -- Infectious pneumonia -- Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome-related diseases.
- High-resolution CT of the lung. 3rd ed. 2001, Ovid
- Technical aspects of high-resolution computed tomography -- Normal lung anatomy -- High-resolution computed tomography findings of lung disease -- The idiopathic interstitial pneumonias, part I : usual interstitial pneumonia/idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis and nonspecific interstitial pneumonia -- The idiopathic interstitial pneumonias, part II : cryptogenic organizing pneumonia (idiopathic BOOP), respiratory bronchiolitis-interstitial lung disease, desquamative interstitial pneumonia, acute interstitial pneumonia, and lymphocytic interstitial pneumonia -- Collagen vascular diseases -- Diffuse pulmonary neoplasms and pulmonary lymphoproliferative diseases -- Sarcoidosis -- Pneumoconiosis, occupational, and environmental lung disease -- Hypersensitivity pneumonitis and eosinophilic lung disease -- Drug-induced lung diseases and radiation pneumonitis -- Cystic lung disease and emphysema -- Infections -- Diffuse pulmonary hemorrhage, pulmonary edema, and acute respiratory distress syndrome -- Miscellaneous infiltrative lung diseases -- Airways diseases -- Pulmonary hypertension and pulmonary vascular disease -- Illustrated glossary of high-resolution computed tomography terms.
- High-risk atherosclerotic plaques 2005, CRCnetBASE
- High-Risk IV medications in special patient populations 2011, SpringerThrombolytics/Anticoagulants -- Vasopressors and Inotropes -- Sedatives -- Analgesics and Neuromuscular Blocking Agents -- Hypertonic Saline, Electrolytes, and Insulin -- Anti-Infectives -- Antiarrhythmics -- Antihypertensives and Prostanoids.
- High-throughput analysis in the pharmaceutical industry 2009, CRCnetBASEHigh throughput sample preparation techniques and their application to bioanalytical protocols and purification of combinatorial libraries / Krishna Kallury -- High-throughput quantitative bioanalysis / Katty X. Wan -- Optimizing LCMS equipment to increase throughput in pharmaceutical analysis / Michael G. Frank and Douglas E. Mcintyre -- Throughput improvement of bioanalytical LC-MS/MS by sharing of detector between HPLC systems / Min Shuan Chang and Tawakol El-Shourbagy -- High throughput strategies for metabolite identification in drug discovery / Patrick J. Rudewicz, Qin Yue, and Young Shin -- Utilizing micro parallel liquid chromatography for high-throughput analyses in the pharmaceutical industry / Sergio A. Guazzotti -- Strategies and techniques for higher throughput ADME/PK assays / Walter Korfmacher -- High-throughput analysis in drug metabolism during early drug discovery / Yau Yi Lau --High-throughput analysis in the support of process chemistry and formulation research & development in the pharmaceutical industry / Zhong Li -- On-line SPE LC/MS/MS for high throughput bioanalytical analysis / Dong Wei and Liyu Yang -- Applications of high-throughput analysis in therapeutic drug monitoring / Quanyun A. Xu and Timothy L. Madden -- High-throughput quantitative pharmaceutical analysis in drug metabolism and pharmacokinetics (DMPK) using liquid crhomatrography-mass spectrometry / Xiaohui Xu -- Designing high throughput HPLC assays for small and biological molecules / Roger K. Gilpin and Wanlong Zhou -- The advances in capillary and nano-HPLC technology for drug discovery and development / Frank J. Yang and Richard Yu -- High-throughput analysis of complex protein mixtures by mass spectrometry / Kojo S.J. Elenitoba-Johnson.
- High-throughput lead optimization in drug discovery 2008, CRCnetBASEApplication of parallel synthesis to the optimization of inhibitors of the ZipA-FtsZ protein-protein interaction / Lee D. Jennings -- Case studies of parallel synthesis in hit identification, hit exploration, hit-to-lead, and lead optimization programs / Alexander Ernst and Daniel Obrecht -- A successful application of parallel synthesis to computer-assisted structural optimization of new leads targeting human immunodeficiency virus-1 reverse transcriptase : the case of acylthiocarbamates and thiocarbamates / Angelo Ranise, Andrea Spallarossa, and Sara Cesarini -- How high-throughput medicinal chemistry can expedite lead discovery, lead optimization, and beyond / Rongshi Li -- Rapid lead identification of inhibitors of adenine nucleotide translocase: a case study of applying combinatorial chemistry techniques in drug discovery / Yazhong Pei, Walter H. Moos, and Soumitra Ghosh -- Parallel synthesis of anticancer, antiinflammatory, and antiviral agents derived from L- and D-amino acids / Robert C. Reid and David P. Fairlie -- Application of solid-phase parallel synthesis in lead optimization studies / Bijoy Kundu -- High-throughput solid-phase synthesis of nucleoside-based libraries in the search for new antibiotics / Dianqing Sun and Richard E. Lee.
- Chapter 1. Impact of High-Throughput Screening Technologies on Chemical Catalysis / W.Henry Weinberg and Howard W. Turner, p. 1-17 -- Chapter 2. Mastering the Challenges of Catalyst Screening in High-Throughput Experimentation for Heterogeneously Catalyzed Gas-Phase Reactions / Stephan A. Schunk, Dirk Demuth, Alexander Cross, Olga Gerlach, Alfred Haas, Jens Klein, John M. Newsam, Andreas Sundermann, Wolfram Stichert, Wolfgang Strehlau, Uwe Vietze and Torsten Zech, p. 19-61 -- Chapter 3. High-Throughput Workflow Development: Strategies and Examples in Heterogeneous Catalysis / H. Sam Bergh, p. 63-88 -- Chapter 4. Integrated Microreactor Set-Ups for High-Throughput Screening and Methods for the Evaluation of “Low-Density” Screening Data / Andreas Müller and Klaus Drese, p. 89-128 -- Chapter 5. Two Exemplified Combinatorial Approaches for Catalytic Liquid-Solid and Gas-Solid Processes in Oil Refining and Fine Chemicals / José M. Serra and Avelino Corma, p. 129-151 -- Chapter 6. Present Trends in the Application of Genetic Algorithms to Heterogeneous Catalysis / Martin Holeňa, p. 152-173 -- Chapter 7. Relative Quantification of Catalytic Activity in Combinatorial Libraries by Emissivity-Corrected Infrared Thermography / Guido Kirsten and Wilhelm F. Maier, p. 175-187 -- Chapter 8. Gas Sensor Technology for High-Throughput Screening in Catalysis / Yusuke Yamada and Tetsuhiko Kobayashi, p. 189-209 -- Chapter 9. Parallel Approaches to the Synthesis and Testing of Catalysts for Liquid-Phase Reactions / Paolo P. Pescarmona, Jan C. van der Waal, Leon G. A. van de Water and Thomas Maschmeyer, p. 211-237 -- Chapter 10. Combinatorial Strategies for Speeding up Discovery and Optimization of Heterogeneous Catalysts on the Academic Laboratory Scale: A Case Study of Hydrogen Purification for Feeding PEM Fuel Cells / David Farrusseng and Claude Mirodatos, p. 239-270 -- Chapter 11. Combinatorial Synthesis and High-Throughput Screening of Fuel Cell Electrocatalysts / Peter Strasser, Sasha Gorer, Qun Fan, Konstantinos Chondroudis, Keith Cendak, Daniel Giaquinta and Martin Devenney, p. 271-297 -- Chapter 12. High-Throughput Approaches in Olefin Polymerization Catalysis / Vince Murphy, p. 299-312.
- Acid-base relationships -- Amino acids and proteins -- Enzymes -- Citric acid cycle and oxidative phosphorylation -- Carbohydrate metabolism -- Lipid metabolism -- Amino acid metabolism -- Nucleotide metabolism -- Nutrition -- Gene expression -- Biochemical technology -- Hormones.
- Descriptive statistics -- Inferential statistics -- Hypothesis testing -- Correlational techniques -- Research methods -- Statistics in epidemiology -- Statistics in medical decision making -- Ultra-high-yield review.
- Prefertilization events -- Week 1 (days 1-7) -- Week 2 (days 8-14) -- Embryonic period (weeks 3-8) -- Placenta, amniotic fluid, and umbilical cord -- Cardiovascular system -- Digestive system -- Urinary system -- Female reproductive system -- Male reproductive system -- Respiratory system -- Head and neck -- Nervous system -- Ear -- Eye -- Body cavities -- Integumentary system -- Skeletal system -- Muscular system -- Pregnancy -- Numerical chromosomal anomalies -- Structural chromosomal anomalies -- Single-gene inherited diseases -- Multifactorial inherited diseases -- Teratology.
- Prefertilization events -- Week 1 (days 1-7) -- Week 2 (days 8-14) -- Embryonic period (weeks 3-8) -- Placenta, amniotic fluid, and umbilical cord -- Cardiovascular system -- Digestive system -- Urinary system -- Female reproductive system -- Male reproductive system -- Respiratory system -- Head and neck -- Nervous system -- Ear -- Eye -- Body cavities -- Pregnancy -- Teratology.
- Vertebral column -- Spinal cord and spinal nerves -- Autonomic nervous system -- Lymphatic system -- Chest wall -- Pleura, tracheobronchial tree, and lungs -- The heart -- Abdominal wall -- Peritoneal cavity -- Abdominal vasculature -- Abdominal viscera -- Sigmoid colon, rectum, and anal canal -- Spleen -- Kidney -- Suprarenal (adrenal) glands -- Female reproductive system -- Male reproductive system -- Pelvis -- Perineum -- Upper limb -- Lower limb -- Head and neck -- Eye -- Ear.
- Vertebral column -- Spinal cord and spinal nerves -- Autonomic nervous system -- Lymphatic system -- Chest wall -- Pleura, tracheobronchial tree, and lungs -- Heart -- Abdominal wall -- Peritoneal cavity -- Abdominal vasculature -- Abdominal viscera -- Sigmoid colon, rectum, and anal canal -- Spleen -- Kidney, ureter, bladder, and urethra -- Suprarenal (adrenal) glands -- Female reproductive system -- Male reproductive system -- Pelvis -- Perineum -- Upper limb -- Lower limb -- Head -- Neck -- Eye -- Ear.
- From prions to parasites -- Bacterial structure -- Bacterial metabolism and growth -- Bacterial pathogenicity -- Bacterial genetics -- Antibiotics and drug resistance -- Identification of major bacterial groups -- Gram-positive cocci -- Gram-positive bacilli -- Mycoplasmas -- Gram-negative cocci -- Gram-negative aerobic bacilli -- Gram-negative microaerophilic curved bacteria -- Gram-negative facultative anaerobic bacilli-family Enterobacteriaceae -- Gram-negative facultative anaerobic bacilli : non-Enterobacteriaceae -- Gram-negative anaerobic bacilli and cocci -- Spirochetes (gram-negative envelope) -- Rickettsiaceae and relatives -- Chlamydiae -- Viral basics -- DNA viruses -- Positive (+) RNA viruses -- Negative (-) single-stranded RNA viruses -- Double-stranded RNA viruses : family Reoviridae -- Viral genetics --Fungal basics -- Fungi that cause skin and subcutaneous infections -- Systemic fungal pathogens -- Opportunistic fungi -- Parasite basics -- Protozoan parasites -- Trematodes (flukes) -- Cestodes (tapeworms) -- Nematodes (roundworms) -- Eye and ear infections -- Respiratory tract infections -- Nervous system infections -- Gastrointestinal and hepatobiliary disease -- Cardiovascular infections; septicemias; and blood cell changes in infection, bone or joint infections -- Genitourinary tract infections -- Cancers associated with infections -- Skin and subcutaneous infections and rashes -- High-yield microbial clues and comparisons -- High-yield case setups.
- Neurohistology -- Development of the nervous system -- Cross-sectional anatomy of the brain -- Meninges, ventricles, and cerebrospinal fluid -- Blood supply -- Spinal cord -- Autonomic nervous system -- Tracts of the spinal cord -- Lesions of the spinal cord -- Brain stem -- Cranial nerves -- Trigeminal system -- Auditory system -- Vestibular system -- Visual system -- Lesions of the brain stem -- Thalamus -- Hypothalamus -- Limbic system -- Cerebellum -- Basal nuclei (ganglia) and striatal motor system -- Cerebral cortex -- Neurotransmitters -- Apraxia, aphasia, and dysprosody.
- General principles -- Peripheral neuropharmacology -- Central neuropharmacology -- Substance abuse and pain -- Cardiovascular pharmacology -- Pharmacology of blood and blood vessels -- Autacoids, drugs for inflammatory and GI disorders, and vitamins -- Endocrine pharmacology -- Drugs for bacterial infections -- Drugs for infections from eukaryotic organisms and viruses -- Cancer chemotherapy -- Toxicology.
- Hip and pelvis in sports medicine and primary care 2010, SpringerEpidemiology of hip and pelvis injury -- Physical examination of the hip and pelvis -- Functional and kinetic chain evaluation -- Gait assessment -- Imaging of hip and pelvis injuries -- Adult hip and pelvis disorders -- Hip and pelvis injuries in childhood -- Specific considerations in geriatric athletes -- Hip and pelvis injuries in special populations -- Functional therapeutic and core strengthening -- Manual medicine of the hip and pelvis -- Taping and bracing for pelvic and hip injuries -- Nonsurgical interventions -- Treatment options for osteoarthritis of the hip -- Surgical interventions in hip and pelvis injuries.
- Hip sonography. 2nd ed. 2006, Springer
- HIPAA program reference handbook 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Hippocampal microcircuits 2010, Springer
- Hippocrates cried 2013, Click LINK above for location/circulation status."Hippocrates Cried offers an eye-witness account of the decline of American psychiatry by an internationally-known neuropsychiatrist. Arguing that patients with mental disorders are no longer receiving the care they need, Taylor details how psychiatrists in the U.S. rely too heavily on the DSM, a diagnostic tool that he shows neglects important conditions or symptoms thus failing to properly identify many patients with mental illness. According to Dr. Taylor, American psychiatry has come to reflect simplistic algorithms forged by pharmaceutical companies, rather than true scientific methodology. Few mental health professionals have a working knowledge of psychopathology outside of what is outlined in the DSM, and most psychiatric patients are treated by primary care physicians and non-physicians, pressuring psychiatry toward extinction. Dr. Taylor creates a passionate yet scholarly account of this issue. For psychiatrists and researchers, this book is a plea for help. Combining personal vignettes and informative data, it creates a powerful illustration of a medical field in turmoil. For the general reader, Hippocrates Cried will provide a fresh perspective on an issue that rarely receives the attention it requires. This book strips American psychiatry of its modern misconceptions and seeks to save a form of medicine no longer rooted in science"-- Provided by publisher.
- Hippocrates, On the art of medicine SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.
- Hirschsprung's disease and allied disorders. 3rd ed. 2008, Springer
- Histamine in inflammation 2010, SpringerOne hundred years of histamine research / Katherine Figueroa and Nigel Shankley -- Molecular pharmacology of the four histamine receptors / Gerold Bongers, Iwan de Esch, and Rob Leurs -- Histamine synthesis and lessons learned from histidine decarboxylase deficient mice / Hiroshi Ohtsu -- Abstract -- Histamine in allergic rhinitis / Thomas Taylor-Clark -- The role of histamine in ocular allergy / Masaharu Ohbayashi ... [et al.] -- The role of histamine in asthma / Paul J. Dunford and Stephen T. Holgate -- Antihistamines in the treatment of urticaria / Torsten Zuberbier and Marcus Maurer -- Histamine and antihistamines in atopic dermatitis / Jørg Buddenkotte, Marcus Maurer, and Martin Steinhoff -- Histamine, immune cells, and autoimmunity / Elke Schneider, Maria Leite-de-Moraes, and Michel Dy -- Histamine in neurotransmission and brain diseases / Saara Nuutinen and Pertti Panula -- Histamine in normal and malignant cell proliferation / Andras Falus, Zoltøn Pøs, and Zsuzsanna Darvas -- The future antihistamines : histamine H3 and H4 receptor ligands / Fuqu Yu, Pascal Bonaventure, and Robin L. Thurmond.
- Histidine kinases in signal transduction 2003, ScienceDirect
- Histochemical and cytochemical methods of visualization 2013, CRCnetBASE
- Histology & cell biology. 5th ed. 2010, AccessMedicinePt 1. Fundamental concepts -- pt 2. The four basic tissue types -- pt 3. Organs and organ systems .
- Histology for pathologists. 3rd ed 2007, Ovid
- Histology. 5th ed. 2006
- Histone code and beyond 2006, Springer
- Histone deacetylase inhibitors as cancer therapeutics 2012, ScienceDirect
- Histone deacetylases 2006, SpringerHistone deacetylase 1 / Dominique Meunier and Christian Seiser -- Biochemistry of multiprotein HDAC complexes / Alejandro Vaquero, Michael Scher, and Danny Reinberg -- The biology of HDAC3 / Edward Seto -- The biology of HDAC8, a unique class I histone deacetylase / David Waltregny and Vincent Castronovo -- Regulation of muscle gene expression by histone deacetylases / Timothy A. McKinsey and Eric N. Olson -- The class IIA histone deacetylases: functions and regulation / Herbert G. Kasler and Eric Verdin -- Histone deacetylases in the response to misfolded proteins / J. Andrew McKee and Tso-Pang Yao -- Evolution of sirtuins from archaea to vertebrates / Roy A. Frye -- Structure of the Sir2 family of NAD+-dependent histone/protein deacetylases / Kehao Zhao and Ronen Marmorstein -- The enzymology of Sir2 proteins / Margie T. Borra and John M. Denu -- The class III protein deacetylases: homologs of yeast Sir2P / Bjoern Schwer ... [et al.] -- HDAC inhibitors: discovery, development, and clinical impacts / Akihiro Ito, Norikazu Nishino, and Mitsuaki Yoshida -- Cell cycle targets of histone deacetylase inhibitors / Brian Gabrielli -- HDAC inhibitors: an emerging anticancer therapeutic strategy / Paul Kwon, Meier Hsu, Dalia Cohen, and Peter Atadja.
- Histone deacetylases 2011, SpringerK-acetylation and its enzymes: overview and new developments / Juliette Adjo Aka, Go-Woon Kim, Xiang-Jiao Yang.-- Biology of HDAC in cancer: the nuclear and epigenetic components / Astrid Hagelkruys, Anna Sawicka, Magdalena Rennmayer, Christian Seiser.-- Deacetylation of nonhistone proteins by HDACs and the implications in cancer / Lirong Peng, Edward Seto.-- Biology and therapeutic implications of HDACs in the heart / Timothy A. McKinsey.-- HDACs in skeletal muscle remodeling and neuromuscular disease / Bryan J. Simmons, Todd J. Cohen, Richard Bedlack, Tso-Pang Yao.-- Rationale for HDAC inhibitor therapy in autoimmunity and trasplantation / Wayne W. Hancock.-- Role of mammalian sirtuins in the regulation of metabolism, aging, and longevity / Akiko Satoh, Liana Stein, Shin Imai.-- Mictochondrial sirtuins in the regulation of mictochondrial activity and metabolic adaption / David B. Lombard, Daniel X. Tishkoff, Jianjun Bao.-- Characterization of nuclear sirtuins: molecular mechanisms and physiological relevance / Debra Toiber, Carlos Sebastian, Raul Mostoslavsky.-- Structural biology of human netal-dependent histone deacetylases / Matthieu Schapira.-- Sirtuin modulators / Sumit S. Mahajan, Vid Leko, Julian A. Simon, Antonio Bedalov.
- Histopathology of preclinical toxicity studies. 4th ed. 2012, ScienceDirect
- Histopathology reporting. 2nd ed. 2006, Springer
- Histopathology specimens. 2nd ed. 2013, SpringerCovering anatomical, clinical, pathological and laboratory aspects of surgical histopathology specimens, this book relates specimen dissection and its clinical context to relevant histopathology reports, and therefore a more comprehensive patient prognosis and management is possible. This book explains pathological and clinical terminology, including a glossary of clinical request form abbreviations. A standardised step-wise approach to specimen handling is illustrated with simple line diagrams and highlights essentials of the histopathology report, relating them to appropriate specimen dissection. The integrated multidisciplinary team approach taken to the modern clinical management of patients is reflected by correlating patient presentation, diagnostic and staging investigations with histopathology specimens. Current WHO and TNM tumor classifications are referenced. This book will be of educative value and act as a reference tool for the medical undergraduate student, medical trainee in histopathology and the biomedical scientist, and as a useful aide memoire for the histopathology consultant.
- 1. Origins of immunity in antiquity: Rhazes; variolation; Lady Mary Wortley Montagu; Edwar Jenner and smallpox vaccination by cowpox inoculation -- 2. Germ theories and the advent of classical immunology -- 3. Immunochemistry (molecular immunology) --4. The Complement system: chronology and mystique -- 5. Anaphylaxis -- 6. Allergy, atopy, Arthus and Shwatzman reactions -- 7. Cellular immunity and delayed-type hypersensitivity -- 8. Immunobiology, cellular immunology and tumor immunity -- 9. Autoimmunity; Table 1. Chronology of events in the development of autoimmunity, p. 194-195 -- 10. Immunohematology -- 11. Immunogenetics, immunologic tolerane, transfusion -- 12. Immunization against infectious diseases; interferon; congenital immunodeficiencies; AIDS 13. Immunological methods -- 14. Immunological societies [primarily AAI] -- Chapter 15. Landmarks in the history of immunology [chronology], p. 313-319.
- Introduction : what we know, what we don't and why it matters -- Where are we now? : the challenges of writing recent science -- Why science writers should forget Carl Sagan and read Thomas Kuhn : on the troubled conscience of a journalist -- The history of now : reflections on being a "contemporary archivist" -- Whose history? : ethics, lawsuits, national security, and the writing of contemporary history -- The politics of commissioned histories (revisited) -- From behind the fence : threading the labyrinths of classified historical research -- On ethics, scientists, and democracy : writing the history of eugenic sterilization -- Witnesses to history : issues in biography and ethics -- What is the use of writing lives of recent scientists? -- Scholarship as self-knowledge : a case study -- Secrecy, politics, and science : probing the meaning of the cold war -- The politics of phosphorus-32 : a Cold War fable based on fact -- Secrecy and science revisited : from politics to historical practice and back -- History detectives : new ways of approaching modern science, medicine, and technology -- The conflict of memories and documents : dilemmas and pragmatics of oral history -- Reading photographs : photographs as evidence in writing the history of modern science -- New voices : neglected and novel perspectives -- What we still don't know about South-North technoscientific exchange : North-centrism, scientific diffusion and the social studies of science -- Witnessing the witnesses : potentials and pitfalls of the witness seminar in the history of twentieth century medicine -- "The mutt historian" : the perils and opportunities of doing history of science on-line.
- History of albuminous nephritis Lane Catalog record
- History of allelopathy 2007, SpringerWhat is Allelopathy?, p. 1-13 -- Allelopathy in the Classical World-- Greece and Rome, p. 15-37 -- Arabic Works, p. 39-52 -- Ancient India, China and Japan, p. 53-66 -- Mediaeval Period and Renaissance, p. 67-101 -- The Eighteenth Century-- Root Excretion, p. 103-124 -- Augustin Pyramus de Candolle, and His Era, p. 125-157 -- The Decline of Allelopathy in the Latter Nineteenth Century, p. 159-194 -- Spencer Pickering, and The Woburn Experimental Fruit Farm, 1894-1921, p. 195-208 -- The USDA Bureau of Soils and Its Influence, p. 209-249 -- Approaching the Modern Era, p. 251-299.
- Part 1. The Atmospheric CO₂ record --The rise of trees and how they changed Paleozoic atmospheric CO₂, climate, and geology /Robert A. Berner --Atmospheric CO₂ during the late Paleozoic and Mesozoic: estimates from Indian soils /Prosenjit Ghosh ... [et al.] --Alkenone-based estimates of past CO2 levels: a consideration of their utility based on an analysis of uncertainties /Katherine H. Freeman,Mark Pagani --Atmospheric CO₂ data from ice cores: four climatic cycles /Thomas Blunier ... [et al.] --Atmospheric CO₂ and ¹³CO₂ exchange with the terrestrial biosphere and oceans from 1978 to 2000: observations and carbon cycle implications /Charles D. Keeling ... [et al.] --Part 2. Biotic responses to long-term changs in atmospheric CO₂ --Evolutionary responses of land plants to atmospheric CO₂ /David J. Beerling --Cretaceous CO₂ decline and the radiation and diversification of angiosperms /Jennifer C. McElwain ... [et al.] --Influence of uplift, weathering, and base cation supply on past and future CO₂ levels /Jacob R. Waldbauer,C. Page Chamberlain --Atmospheric CO₂, environmental stress, and the evolution of C₄ photosynthesis /Rowan F. Sage --The influence of atmospheric CO₂, temperature, and water on the abundance of C₃/C₄ taxa /James R. Ehleringer --Evolution and growth of plants in a low CO₂ world /Joy K. Ward --Environmentally driven dietary adaptations in African mammals /Thure E. Cerling ... [et al.] --Terrestrial mammalian herbivore response to declining levels of atmospheric CO₂ during the Cenozoic: evidence from North American fossil horses (family Equidae) /Bruce J. MacFadden --CO₂, grasses, and human evolution /Nicholaas J. van der Merwe --Part 3. Atmospheric CO₂ and modern ecosystems --The carbon cycle over the past 1000 years inferred from the inversion of ice core data /Cathy Trudinger ... [et al.] --Remembrance of weather past: ecosystem responses to climate variability /David Schimel ... [et al.] --Effects of elevated CO₂ on keystone herbivores in modern arctic ecosystems /Scott R. McWilliams,James O. Leafloor --Part 4. Ecosystem responses to a future atmospheric CO₂ --Modern and future forests in a changing atmosphere /Richard J. Norby ... [et al.] --Modern and future semi-arid and arid ecosystems /M. Rebecca Shaw ... [et al.] --Effects of CO₂ on plants at different timescales /Belinda E. Medlyn,Ross E. McMurtrie --Herbivory in a world of elevated CO₂ /Richard L. Lindroth,M. Denise Dearing --Borehole temperatures and climate change: a global perspective /Robert N. Harris,David S. Chapman.
- History of diabetes in pregnancy 2012, Springer
- History of endometriosis 2011, SpringerPrelude -- Intellectual Development of Carl Von Rokitansky -- Microscopy and the Discovery of Endometriosis and Adenomyosis -- From von Rokitansky to von Recklinghausen to Cullen -- Cullen's Research at Johns Hopkins Hospital -- Adenomyomas of Vagina, Rectum, Sigmoid Colon, and Ovary -- Distribution of Pelvic and Abdominal Adenomyomas -- Sampson's Theory of Implantation Endometriosis -- Life History of Ovarian Endometriomas -- Explication and Defense of Sampson's Theory of Pathogenesis -- Scientific Objectivity -- Epilogue.
- History of light and colour measurement 2001, CRCnetBASE
- History of limb amputation 2007, SpringerIntroduction and sources -- Natural causes of dismemberment -- Accidental causes for amputation : auto-amputation -- Ritual, punitive, legal and iatrogenic causes -- Cold steel and gunshot causes -- Elective amputation : early evolution to the end of the 17th century -- Elective amputation : from the 18th century to 1846 -- Elective amputation : from 1846 to recent times -- Interpretations of amputation by society, patients, and surgeons -- Surgical instrumentation and equipment -- Indications, timing, and procedures -- Stumps : reattachment, management, complications, revision, and care for limb-fitting -- Artificial limbs and rehabilitation with contributions by Kingsley Robinson.
- History of neurology 2010, ScienceDirect
- History of organ transplantation 2012, Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Introduction: Toward the Impossible -- Early Transplantation -- The Eighteenth Century -- The Reawakening -- Clinical and Academic Transplantation in Paris -- The Beginning of Organ Transplantation -- The "Lost Era" of Transplantation Immunology -- Anarchy in the 1920s -- Progress in the 1930s -- Understanding the Mechanism -- Experimental Organ Transplantation -- Transplantation Tolerance and Beyond -- Hopes for Radiation Tolerance -- The Emergence of Chemical Immunosuppression -- Support from Hemodialysis and Immunology in the 1960s -- Progress in the Mid-1960s -- Brain Death and the "Year of the Heart" -- The Plateau of the Early 1970s -- The Arrival of Cyclosporine -- Waiting for the Xenografts -- Conclusion: Lessons from the History of Transplantation.
- History of psychiatry and medical psychology 2008, SpringerSection One: Prolegomenon -- Historiography: philosophy and methodology of history, with special emphasis on medicine and psychiatry; and an appendix on "historiography" as the history of history / Edwin R. Wallace, IV -- Contextualizing the history of psychiatry/psychology and psychoanalysis: annotated bibliography and essays: addenda A-F / Edwin R. Wallace, IV -- Section Two: Periods -- Mind and madness in classical antiquity / Bennett Simon -- Mental disturbances, unusual mental states, and their interpretation during the Middle Ages / George Mora -- Renaissance conceptions and treatments of madness / George Mora -- The madman in the light of reason. Enlightenment psychiatry: Part I. Custody, therapy, theory and the need for reform / Dora B. Weiner -- The madman in the light of reason. Enlightenment psychiatry: Part II. Alienists, treatises, and the psychologic approach in the era of Pinel / Dora B. Weiner -- Philippe Pinel in the twenty-first century: the myth and the message / Dora B. Weiner -- German romantic psychiatry: Part I. Earlier, including more-psychological orientations / Otto M. Marx -- German romantic psychiatry: Part II. Later, including more-somatic orientations / Otto M. Marx -- Descriptive psychiatry and psychiatric nosology during the nineteenth century / German Berrios -- Biological psychiatry in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries / John Gach -- The intersection of psychopharmacology and psychiatry in the second half of the twentieth century / David Healy --Section Three: Concepts and topics -- A history of melancholia and depression / Stanley W. Jackson -- Constructing schizophrenia as a category of mental illness / Sander L Gilman -- The concept of psychosomatic medicine / Herbert Weiner -- Neurology's influence on American psychiatry: 1865-1915 / Edward M. Brown -- The transformation of American psychiatry: from institution to community, 1800-2000 / Gerald N. Grob -- The transition to secular psychotherapy: hypnosis and the alternate-consciousness paradigm / Adam Crabtree -- Psychoanalysis in central Europe: the interplay of psychoanalysis and culture / Hannah S. Decker -- The psychoanalytic movement in the United States, 1906-1991 / Sanford Gifford -- The development of clinical psychology, social work, and psychiatric nursing: 1900-1980s / Nancy Tomes -- Epilogue: Psychiatry and the mind-body relation -- Thoughts toward a critique of biological psychiatry / John Gach -- Two "mind"-"body" models for a holistic psychiatry / Edwin R. Wallace, IV -- Freud on "mind-"body" I: the psychoneurobiological and "instinctualist" stance; with implications for chapter 24, and two postscripts / Edwin R. Wallace, IV -- Freud on "mind"-"body" II: drive, motivation, meaning, history, and Freud's psychological heuristic; with clinical and everyday examples / Edwin R. Wallace, IV -- Psychosomatic medicine and the mind-body relation: historical, philosophical, scientific, and clinical perspectives / Herbert Weiner.
- A century of psychotherapy, 1860-1960 / Robin L. Cautin -- Psychotherapy, 1960 to the present / Patrick H. DeLeon ... [et al.] -- Psychoanalytic theories of psychotherapy / David L. Wolitzky -- Behavioral theories of psychotherapy / Daniel B. Fishman, Simon A. Rego, and Katherine L. Muller -- Humanistic and experiential theories of psychotherapy / Jeanne C. Watson, Rhonda N. Goldman, a d Leslie S. Greenberg -- Family systems theories of psychotherapy / David R. Chabot -- Cognitive theories of psychotherapy / Steven D. Hollon and Raymond DiGiuseppe -- Multicultural approaches to psychotherapy / Lillian Comas-Díaz -- Integrative approaches to psychotherapy / Marvin R. Goldfried, Carol R. Glass, and Diane B. Arnkoff -- Psychotherapy research and its achievements / Michael J. Lambert -- Unresolved questions and future directions in psychotherapy research / Bruce E. Wampold, Steven D. Hollon, and Clara E. Hill -- Psychotherapy research centers and groups / Judith V. Jordan ... [et al.] -- Psychotherapy patients / Eugene J. D'Angelo ... [et al.] -- Treatment modalities / Alan S. Gurman ... [et al.] -- Psychotherapy for specific disorders / Lynn P. Rehm ... [et al.] -- Training systems and sites / Elizabeth A. Klonoff ... [et al.] -- Psychotherapy supervision / Allen K. Hess -- Ethics in psychotherapy / Norman Abeles and Gerald P. Koocher -- Into the future : retrospect and prospect in psychotherapy / John C. Norcross, Donald K. Freedheim, and Gary R. VandenBos.
- History of research on tumor angiogenesis 2009, Springer
- History of suicide in England, 1650-1850 SU Catalog (Searchworks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Pt. 1: 1650-1750 / edited by Donna T. Andrew -- Vol. 1. 1650-1673 / edited by Paul Seaver ; with a general introduction by Mark Robson.-- Vol. 2. 1674-1699 / edited by Paul Seaver.-- Vol. 3. 1700-1716 / edited by Kelly McGuire -- Vol. 4. 1717-1750 / edited by Kelly McGuire -- Pt. 2: 1750-1850 -- Vol. 5. 1750-1799: Sermons, discourses, essays and treatises / edited by Jeffrey Merrick -- Vol. 6. 1750-1799: Legal, medical, literary and miscellaneous texts, and newspapers and magazines / edited by Jeffrey Merrick -- Vol. 7. 1800-1850: Legal contexts, religious writings and medical writers / edited by Darryl Lee -- Vol. 8. 1800-1850: Medical writers (continued), statistical inquiries, social criticism, poetic and popular representations and cases / edited by Darryl Lee.
- History of the Avon Longitudinal Study of Parents and Children (ALSPAC), c. 1980-2000 2012, Wellcome Trust
- History of the laser 2005, CRCnetBASE
- History of the present illness. 1st U.S. ed. 2013, Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Sixteen linked stories explore the marginalized humanity in communities, hospitals, and nursing homes in San Francisco, including an elderly Chinese immigrant who is forced to make a painful sacrifice and a young veteran whose injuries symbolize the rest of his life.
- 1. The Brunn-Rixford-Eloesser years: 1915-1945 / William Blaisdell -- 2. The Methewson-Goldman years: 1915-1966 / William Blaisdell -- 3. The Blasdell years: 1966-1978 / Robert Lim, George Sheldon -- 4. The Trunkey years: 1978-1986 / William Schecter -- 5. The Lewis years: 1986-1993 / Norman Christensen.
- History of vaccine development 2011, Springer
- Vascular surgeons of antiquity -- Early vascular repairs and anastomoses -- William Hunter -- John Hunter -- Astley Cooper -- Development of the venous autograft -- Evolution of aortic surgery -- Operation on the carotid artery -- Valentine Mott -- Rudolph Matas -- The arterial prosthesis: Arthur Voorhees -- Contributions from the battlefield -- Venous surgery -- Extra-anatomic bypass -- Mathieu Jaboulay -- Eugëne Villard -- Alexis Carrel -- Renè Leriche -- Jean Kunlin -- Charles Dubost -- Jacques Oudot -- Charles Dotter: interventional radiologist -- Thomas Fogarty -- Juan Parodi.
- HIV and AIDS 2007, Springer
- Hacker and Moore's Essentials of obst...
- — Handbook of neurochemistry and molecu...
- Handbook of neurochemistry and molecu...
- — Health of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and...
- Health of sexual minorities ............
- — HIV and AIDS ...........................
- HIV and AIDS in Africa .................
- — Hysteroscopy. 3rd ed. ..................
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases