- H.E.L.P. - Apherese ....................
- — Handbook of neurologic rating scales....
- Handbook of neuroprosthetic methods ....
- — Health research in developing countri...
- Health risk communication ..............
- — HIV counseling and testing in publicl...
- HIV infection and the cardiovascular ...
- — Hysteroscopy. 3rd ed. ..................
- Handbook of neuroprosthetic methods 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of neuroprotection 2011, Springer
- Handbook of neuropsychiatric biomarkers, endophenotypes, and genes v. 1-4, 2009, Springerv. 1. Neuropsychological endophenotypes and biomarkers -- v. 2. Neuroanatomical and neuroimaging endophenolypes and biomarkers -- v. 3. Metabolic and peripheral biomarkers -- v. 4. Molecular genetic and genomic markers.
- Handbook of nuclear cardiology 2013, Springer
- Handbook of nucleic acid purification 2009, CRCnetBASENucleic acids : structures, functions, and applications / Valentin V. Vlassov, Dimitrii V. Pyshnyi, and Pavel E. Vorobjev -- Isolation of viral DNA from cultures / Larry A. Hanson -- Isolation of viral RNA from cultures / Ling Zhao and Zhen F. Fu -- Preparation of viral samples for direct molecular applications / Grant S. Hansman -- Isolation of bacterial DNA from cultures / Dongyou Liu -- Isolation of bacterial RNA from cultures / Som Subhra Chatterjee and Trinad Chakraborty -- Isolation of plasmids / Armelle Bigot and Alain Charbit -- Preparation of bacterial samples for direct molecular applications / Knut Rudi ... [et al.] -- Isolation of nucleic acids from yeasts / Lakshman P. Samaranayake, Nipuna B. Parahitiyawa, and C. Jayampath Seneviratne -- Isolation of nucleic acids from filamentous fungi / Margaret E. Katz and Brian F. Cheetham -- Preparation of fungal specimens for direct molecular applications / Françoise Irlinger ... [et al.] -- Isolation of nucleic acids from protozoa / Vitaliano A. Cama and Lihua Xiao -- Isolation of nucleic acids from helminthes / Munehiro Okamoto and Akira Ito -- Isolation of nucleic acids from insects / Kun Yan Zhu -- Preparation of parasitic specimens for direct molecular applications / Huw Vaughan Smith and Rosely Angela Bergamin Nichols -- Isolation of nucleic acids from body fluids / Karen Page and Jacqueline Amanda Shaw -- Isolation of nucleic acids from soft tissues / Sergey Kovalenko -- Isolation of nucleic acids from hard tissues / Judith Weidenhofer and Jennifer A. Byrne -- Isolation of DNA from ancient samples / Paula F. Campos, Eske Willerslev, and M. Thomas P. Gilbert -- Preparation of forensic samples for direct molecular applications / Erin K. Hanson and Jack Ballantyne -- Isolation of nucleic acids from plants / Song Weining and Dongyou Liu -- Isolation of megabase-sized DNA fragments from plants / Meiping Zhang, Yaning Li, and Hong-Bin Zhang -- Purification of nucleic acids from gels / Chunfang Zhang and Theo Papakonstantinou.
- Handbook of nutraceuticals 2011, CRCnetBASEv. 1. Ingredients, formulations, and applications -- v. 2. Scale-up, processing and automation
- Handbook of nutraceuticals and functional foods 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of nutraceuticals and functional foods. 2nd ed. 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of nutrition and food 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of nutrition and food. 2nd ed. 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Dietary fat and immunity in humans / Kent L. Erickson, Darshan S. Kelley, and Neil E. Hubbard -- Allergies and nutrition / Christopher Chang -- Antioxidant nutrition and immunity / Laurence S. Harbige and M. Eric Gershwin -- Probiotics and prebiotics / Andrea T. Borchers and M. Eric Gershwin -- Malaria and immunity / Clara Menéndez and Carlota Dobaño.Evaluation of immune function in the nutritionally at-risk patient / Carlo Selmi ... [et al.] -- The field assessment of nutrition / M. K. Hendricks and Greg Hussey -- The pregnant and lactating woman / Rachel Gitau and Suzanne Filteau -- Severe undernutrition and immunity / Alan A. Jackson and Philip C. Calder -- Infection, immunity, and vitamins / Usha Ramakrishnan, Amy L. Webb, and Karen Ologoudou -- Trace elements/minerals and immunity / Carl L. Keen ... [et al] --
- Handbook of nutrition and ophthalmology 2007, SpringerNutrition blindness: vitamin A deficiency disorders -- Cataract -- Age-related macular degeneration -- The obesity epidemic: implications for eye health -- Nutrition and diabetic retinopathy -- Retinal vascular disease -- Nutritional amblyopia and B vitamin complex deficiencies -- Zinc and eye health -- Vitamin C and eye health -- The age-related proinflammatory state and eye disease -- Essential fatty acids and visual development in infants -- Inborn errors of metabolism.
- Handbook of nutrition and pregnancy 2008, Springer
- Handbook of nutrition in the aged. 3rd ed. 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of nutrition in the aged. 4th ed. 2009, CRCnetBASENutrition and electrolytes in the elderly / Marthe J. Moseley -- Vitamins and health in older persons / David R. Thomas -- Undernutrition and refeeding in elderly subjects / Patrice Brocker and Stéphane M. Schneider -- Nutrition and the geriatric surgery patient / Sheldon Winkler, Meredith C. Bogert, and Charles K. Herman -- The role of micronutrients in preventing infections in the elderly / Alia El-Kadiki -- Antioxidants and heart disease / Vijaya Juturu and Vidyasagar Sriramoju -- Cardiometabolic syndrome, diabetes and oxidative stress : focus on the aging population / Hussein Naji Yassine and Craig S. Stump -- Calcium and vitamin D in aging populations / Zhao Chen and Jeffrey Stanaway -- Lipid absorption in aging / Laurie Drozdowski ... [et al.] -- Caffeine and the older person / Hilary A. Wynne -- Vitamin K and health in the aged / Jennifer Truong and Sarah L. Booth -- The role of diet in slowing or accelerating aging / Saeed Hosseini and Reza Ghiasvand -- Nutrition and cancer prevention : an overview / Elaine B. Trujillo and John A. Milner -- Potential role of resveratrol in preventing inflammation and diseases associated with obesity and aging / Kathleen LaPoint and Michael K. McIntosh -- Health benefits of phytochemicals for older adults / Giuliana Noratto ... [et al.] -- Management of insulin resistance with Chinese herbs / Jianping Ye and Jun Yin -- Nutritional antioxidants and prevention of cataract / William G. Christen -- Herbal treatment of ischemia / Baowan Lin -- Can fruit and vegetable consumption oppose the negative health effects of tobacco? / Eliane Kellen and Geertruida E Bekkering -- Weight loss in elderly people / Aránzazu Aparicio ... [et al.] -- Food intake regulation and aging / Roger B. McDonald and Jessica Coppola.
- Handbook of obesity intervention for the lifespan 2009, SpringerThis title discusses obesity and shows how it is a major risk factor for a variety of cardiovascular, cardiopulmonary, endocrinologic, metabolic, musculoskeletal, and behavioral disorders.
- Handbook of obesity prevention 2007, SpringerWhy obesity prevention? -- What is obesity? Definitions matter -- Descriptive epidemiology of obesity in the United States -- Costs of obesity -- Obesity prevention concepts and frameworks -- Consumer perspectives and consumer action -- The role of government in preventing obesity -- Planning and the built environment -- The food industry role in obesity prevention -- Media, marketing and advertising and obesity -- Global context of obesity -- Organizational change for obesity prevention-perspectives, possibilities and potential pitfalls -- Community-based approaches to obesity prevention: the role of environmental and policy change -- Health care system approaches to obesity -- Workplace approaches to obesity prevention -- Obesity prevention in school and group child care settings -- Individual behavior change -- Obesity risk factors and prevention in early life: pre-gestation through infancy -- Obesity prevention during preschool and elementary school-age years -- Obesity prevention during preadolescence and adolescence -- Obesity prevention during adulthood -- Obesity prevention: charting a course to a healthier future.
- Handbook of occupational safety and health 2010, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of office urological procedures 2008, Springer1. Sutures and scalpels / Hashim Hashim -- 2. Electrosurgical diathermy / Hashim Hashim -- 3. Urinary catheters / Hashim Hashim -- 4. Urological endoscopic equipment / Hashim Hashim -- 5. Local anesthesia and nerve blocks / Hashim Hashim -- 6. Reduction of torsion of testis and fixation / Hashim Hashim and Paul Abrams -- 7. Simple and subcapsular orchidectomies (orchiectomies) / Hashim Hashim and Paul Abrams -- 8. Radical orchidectomy (orchiectomy) / Hashim Hashim and Paul Abrams -- 9. Insertion of testicular prosthesis (implant) / Hashim Hashim and Paul Abrams -- 10. Testicular biopsy / Hashim Hashim and Paul Abrams -- 11. Hydrocele repair in adults / Hashim Hashim and Paul Abrams -- 12. Excision of epididymal cyst or spermatocele / Hashim Hashim and Paul Abrams -- 13. Vasectomy / Hashim Hashim and Paul Abrams -- 14. Epididymectomy / Hashim Hashim and Paul Abrams -- 15. Inguinal orchidopexy (orchiopexy) / Hashim Hashim and Paul Abrams -- 16. Varicocelectomy / Hashim Hashim and Paul Abrams -- 17. Circumcision / Christopher Wolter and Roger Dmochowski -- 18. Optical urethrotomy / Christopher Wolter and Roger Dmochowski -- 19. Urethral dilation / Christopher Wolter and Roger Dmochowski -- 20. Injectables / Christopher Wolter, Roger Dmochowski and Hashim Hashim -- 21. Transrectal ultrasound scan and biopsy of the prostate / Hashim Hashim and Paul Abrams -- 22. Urodynamics / Christopher Wolter and Roger Dmochowski -- 23. Flexible cystoscopy / Christopher Wolter and Roger Dmochowski -- 24. Rigid cystoscopy / Christopher Wolter and Roger Dmochowski 124 -- 25. Suprapubic catheterization / Christopher Wolter and Roger Dmochowski -- 26. Cystodiathermy / Christopher Wolter and Roger Dmochowski -- 27. Cystodistension (hydrodistension) / Hashim Hashim and Paul Abrams -- 28. Extracorporeal shockwave lithotripsy (ESWL) / Christopher Wolter and Roger Dmochowski -- 29. Insertion of double-J stent / Christopher Wolter and Roger Dmochowski -- 30. Retrograde pyelography / Hashim Hashim and Paul Abrams -- 31. Ureteroscopy (semi-rigid) / Hashim Hashim and Paul Abrams.
- Handbook of olfaction and gustation. 2nd ed. 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of oral anticoagulation 2010, Springer
- Handbook of organic food safety and quality 2007, CRCnetBASEIntroduction / C. Leifert -- History and concepts of food quality and safety in organic food production and processing / U. Niggli -- Nutritional quality of foods / C.J. Seal and K. Brandt -- Quality assurance, inspection and certification of organic foods / B. van Elzakker and J. Neuendorff -- A new food quality concept based on life processes / J. Bloksma, M. Norholt, M. Huber, G-J. van der Burgst and L. van de Vijver -- Food consumers and organic agriculture / E. Oughton and C. Ritson -- Effects of organic and conventional feeding regimes and husbandry methods on the quality of milk and dairy products / R.F. Weller, C.L. Marley and J.M. Moorby -- Effects of organic husbandry methods and feeding regimes on poultry quality / H. Hirt and E. Zeltner -- Quality in organic, low-input and conventional pig production / A. Sundrum -- Organic livestock husbandry methods and the microbiological safety of ruminant produciton systems / F. Deiz-Gonzalez -- Reducing antibiotic use for mastitis treatment in organic dairy production systems / P. Klocke, M. Walkenhorst, and G. Butler -- Reducing anthelmintic use for the control of internal parasites in organic livestock systems / V. Maurer, P. Hördegen and H. Hertzberg -- Alternative therapies to reduce enteric bacterial infections and improve the microbiological safety of pig and poultry production systems / B. Biavati, C. Santini, C. Leifert -- Dietary exposure to pesticides from organic and conventional food production systems / C. Benbrook -- Levels and potential healty impacts of nutritionally relevant phytochemicals in organic and conventional food production systems / E.A.S. Rosa, R.N. Bennett and A. Aires -- Improving the quality and shelf life of fruit from organic production systems / F.P. Weibel and T. Alföldi -- Strategies to reduce mycotoxin and fungal alkaloid contamination in organic and conventional cereal production systems / U. Köpke, B. Thiel and S. Elmholt -- Reducing copper-based fungicide use in organic crop production systems / R. Ghorbani and S. Wilcockson -- Pre-harvest strategies to ensure the microbiological safety of fruit and vegetables from manure-based production systems / U. Köpke, J. Krämer and C. Leifert -- Post-harvest strategies to reduce enteric bacteria contamination of vegetable, nut and fruit products / G.S. Johanssen -- Fair trade : a basis for adequate producers’ incomes, farm reinvestment and quality and safety focused production / M. Bourlakis and C. Vizard -- Development of quality assurance protocols to prevent GM-contamination of organic crops / R.C. Van Acker, N. McLean and R.C. Martin -- Integration of quality parameters into food safety focused HACCP systems / K. Brandt, L. Lück, U. Kjœrnes, G.S. Wyss, and A. Hartvig Larsen.
- Handbook of OSHA construction safety and health. 2nd ed. 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of osteoporosis 2011, Springer
- Handbook of pain and palliative care 2012, Springer
- Handbook of pain management 2008, Springer
- Handbook of pain relief in older adults. 2nd ed. 2011, Springer
- Handbook of paleoanthropology v. 1-3, 2007., Springerv. 1. Principles, methods and approaches. Historical overview of paleoanthropological research / Winifried Henke -- Evolutionary theory in philosophical focus / Philippe Huneman -- The ontogeny-phylogeny nexus in a nutshell : implications for primatology and paleoanthropology / Peter R. Menke -- Principles of taxonomy and classification : current procedures for naming and classifying organisms / Michael Ohl -- Quantitative approaches to phylogenetics / Kaila E. Folinsbee ... [et al] -- Homology : a philosophical and biological perspective / Olivier Rieppel -- Taphonomic and diagenetic processes / Gisela Grupe -- Archeology / Miriam N. Haidle -- Contribution of stable light isotopes to paleoenvironmental reconstruction / Julia Lee-Thorp, Matt Sponheimer -- Chronometric methods in paleoanthropology / Gunther A. Wagner -- Geological background of early hominid sites in Africa / Ottmar Kullmer -- Paleoclimate / Keith Alverson -- Paleosols / Gregory Retallack -- Quaternary deposits and paleosites / Klaus-Dieter Jager -- Zoogeography : primate and early hominin distribution and migration patterns / Alan Turner, Hannah O'Regan -- Patterns of diversification and extinction / Walter Etter -- Paleoecology : an adequate window on the past? / Thorolf Hardt, Britta Hardt, Peter R. Menke -- Hominin paleodiets : the contribution of stable isotopes / Matt Sponheimer, Julia Lee-Thorp -- Estimation of basic life history data of fossil hominoids / Helmut Hemmer -- Population genetics and paleoanthropology / John H. Relethford -- Ancient DNA / Susanne Hummel -- Paleodemography of extinct hominin populations / Janet Monge, Alan Mann -- Modeling the past : the primatological approach / R.W. Sussman, Donna Hart -- Modeling the past : the paleoethnological evidence / Paolo Biagi -- Modeling the past : the linguistic approach / Bernard Comrie -- General principles of evolutionary morphology / Gabriele A. Macho -- Computer-based reconstruction : technical aspects and applications / Lilian Ulhaas -- Prospects and pitfalls / Jean-Jacques Hublin --v. 2. Primate evolution and human origins. Primate origins and supraordinal relationships : morphological evidence / Mary T. Silcox ... [et. al] -- Molecular evidence on primate origins and evolution / Hans Zischler -- Fossil record of the primates from the Paleocene to the Oligocene / D. Tab Rasmussen -- Fossil record of Miocene hominoids / David R. Begun -- The biotic environments of the late Miocene hominids / Jordi Agusti -- Postcranial and locomotor adaptations of hominoids / Carol V. Ward -- Hominoid cranial diversity and adaptation / Alan Bilsborough, Todd C. Rae -- Dental adaptations of African apes / Mark F. Teaford, Peter S. Ungar -- Evolution of the primate brain / Dean Falk -- Primate life histories / Elke Zimmermann, Ute Radespiel -- The biology and evolution of ape and monkey feeding / Joanna E. Lambert -- Great ape social systems / Angela Meder -- Primate intelligence / Richard W. Byrne -- Chimpanzee hunting behavior / Nicholas E. Newton-Fisher -- Cooperation, coalition, alliances / Charlotte K. Hemelrijk, Jutta Steinhauser --v. 3. Phylogeny of hominids. Potential hominoid ancestors for Hominidae / George D. Koufos -- Defining Hominidae / Jeffrey H. Schwartz -- Origins of Homininae and putative selection pressures acting on the early hominins / Boguslaw Pawlowski -- Role of environmental stimuli in hominid origins / Elisabeth S. Vrba -- The origins of bipedal locomotion / William E.H. Harcourt-Smith -- The earliest putative hominids / Brigitte Senut -- The species and diversity of Australopiths / William H. Kimbel -- Defining the genus Homo / Mark Collard, Bernard Wood -- The earliest putative Homo fossils / Friedemann Schrenk, Ottmar Kullmer, Timothy Bromage -- Homo ergaster and its contemporaries / Ian Tattersall -- Defining Homo erectus : size considered / Susan C. Anton ... [et. al] -- Later middle Pleistocene Homo / G. Philip Rightmire -- Neanderthals and their contemporaries / Katerina Harvati -- Origin of modern humans / Gunter Brauer -- Analyzing hominid phylogeny / David Strait, Frederick E. Grine, John G. Fleagle -- Phylogenetic relationships (Biomolecules) / Todd R. Disotell -- Population biology and population genetics of Pleistocene hominins / Alan R. Templeton -- Species concepts and speciation : facts and fantasies / Colin Groves -- Human environmental impact in the Paleolithic and Neolithic / Wolfgang Nentwig -- The dentition of American Indians : evolutionary results and demographic implications following colonization from Siberia / Christy G. Turner II, G. Richard Scott -- Overview of Paleolithic archeology / Nicholas Toth, Kathy Schick -- The network of brain, body, language, and culture / Steven Mithen -- Cultural evolution in Africa and Eurasia during the middle and late Pleistocene / Nicholas Conrad -- Paleoanthropology and the foundation of ethics : methodological remarks on the problem of criteriology / Mathias Gutmann, Michael Weingarten.
- Handbook of parathyroid diseases 2012, Springer
- Handbook of Parkinson's disease. 3rd ed. 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of pathophysiology. 3rd ed. 2008, Ovid
- Arterial disease -- Venous disease -- Hypercoagulable disorders -- History and physical examination of the arterial system -- History and physical examination of the venous system -- Noninvasive vascular testing -- Risk factors and risk modifications -- Perioperative risk stratification and clinical guidelines -- Perioperative planning and care of the vascular patient -- Indications and preparation for angiography -- Catheter-based technology and devices -- Basic fluoroscopic concepts and applied radiation safety -- Great vessel and carotid occlusive disease -- Lower- extremity ischemia -- Aneurysms and aortic dissection -- Renal artery diseases -- Mesenteric ischemic syndromes -- Upper-extremity vascular disorders -- Venous disorders and venous thromboembolism -- Hemodialysis access.
- Handbook of pediatric autopsy pathology 2005, SpringerGeneral principles -- Pediatric autopsy: fetus, newborn, and child -- Examination of the human embryo -- The placenta -- Hydrops -- Chromosomal defects -- Congenital abnormalities -- Cardiovascular system -- Respiratory system -- Gastrointestinal system -- Liver, gallbladder, biliary tract, and pancreas -- Renal system -- Male and female genitourinary systems -- Central nervous system -- Thymus, spleen, lymph nodes, and immunodeficiency -- Skeletal system -- The eye and adnexa sectioning -- Metabolic diseases -- Sudden infant death -- Pediatric forensic pathology -- Special procedures -- Infection control and biological hazards in the autopsy.
- Handbook of pediatric cardiovascular drugs 2008, Springer
- Handbook of pediatric chronic pain 2011, Springer
- Handbook of pediatric eye and systemic disease 2006, Springer1Embryology /Cynthia S. Cook, Kathleen K. Sulik, and Kenneth W. Wright -2Breaking the news: the role of the physician /Nancy Chernus-Mansfield --3Chromosomal anomalies and the eye /J. Bronwyn Bateman --4Craniofacial syndromes and malformations /Marilyn T. Miller and Anna Newlin --5Connective tissue, skin, and bone disorders /Elias I. Traboulsi --6Neurocutaneous syndromes /Maria A. Musarella --7Metabolic diseases /Lois J. Martyn --8Selected genetic syndromes with ophthalmic features /Natalie C. Kerr and Enikö Karman Pivnick --Infectious diseases /R. Christopher Walton, Roger K. George, and Alissa A. Craft --10Ocular manifestations of inherited diseases /Maya Eibschitz-Tsimhoni.
- Handbook of pediatric neuro-ophthalmology / 2006, Springer1Embryology /Cynthia S. Cook, Kathleen K. Sulik, and Kenneth W. Wright --2Pediatric neuro-ophthalmology examination /Edward G. Buckley --3The pediatric low-vision patient /Anne Frances Walonker --4Breaking the news: the role of the physician /Anne Chernus-Mansfield --5Ocular motility disorders /Mitra Maybodi, Richard W. Hertle, and Brian N. Bachynski --6Congenital optic nerve abnormalities /Paul H. Phillipps and Michael C. Brodsky --8Brain lesions with ophthalmologic manifestations /Michael X. Repka --9Nystagmus and ocular oscillations in infancy and childhood /Richard W. Hertle --10Neurodegenerative conditions of ophthalmic importance /Mark S. Borchert and Sarah Ying --11Neurocranial defects with neuro-ophthalmic significance /Ronald M. Minzter and Edward G. Buckley --12Management of common pediatric neuro-ophthalmology problems /James W. McManaway III and Dean J. Bonsall.
- Handbook of pediatric obesity Clinical management / 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Anatomy and normal development in children -- Disorders of skeletal growth and development -- Skeletal syndromes and systemic disorders in pediatric orthopedics -- Neuromuscular disorders in pediatric orthopedics -- Pediatric trauma -- Normal values and medications -- Common procedures.
- Approach to the patient -- Measurements, vital signs -- General appearance, skin, and lymph nodes -- Nutrition -- Head and neck -- The chest, breasts, and respiratory system -- Abdomen -- Extremities, joints, and spine -- Heart -- Spleen and liver -- Chromosomal disorders and genetic diseases -- Hematologic disorders -- Infections -- Urinary tract -- Genitalia -- Endocrine -- The eye -- Neurologic, neuropsychiatric, and behavioral disorders -- Child abuse -- Examination of the newborn -- Adolescence.
- Handbook of pediatric retinal disease 2006, Springer1Pediatric visual electrophysiology /Anthony Kriss and Dorothy Thompson --2The pediatric low-vision patient /Anne Frances Walonker --3Breaking the news: the role of the physician /Nancy Chernus-Mansfield --4Heritable disorders of RPE, Bruch's membrane /Arlene V. Drack --5Retinitis pigmentosa and associated disorders /Arlene V. Drack and Alan E. Kimura --6Disorders of the vitreous and vitreoretinal interface /David M. Brown and Thomas W. Weingeist --7Retinal vascular disorders /Richard M. Feist, Christopher F. Blodi, and Peter H. Spiegel --8Nonvascular hamartomas /Chittaranjan V. Reddy and Arlene V. Drack --9Retinoblastoma and other malignant intraocular tumors /A. Linn Murphree and Laurie E. Christensen --10Retinopathy of prematurity /Richard R. Ober, Earl A. Palmer, Arlene V. Drack, and Kenneth W. Wright --11Infectious, inflammatory, and toxic diseases of the retina and vitreous /William L. Haynes, Jose S. Pulido, and Peter H. Spiegel l--12Myopia /Arlene V. Drack --13Patterns of retinal diseases in children /Arlene V. Drack.
- Handbook of pediatric strabismus and amblyopia 2006, SpringerPediatric eye examination /Ann U. Stout --2Anatomy and physiology of eye movements /Kenneth W. Wright --3Binocular vision and introduction to strabismus /Kenneth W. Wright --4Visual development and amblyopia /Kenneth W. Wright --5The ocular motor examination /Kenneth W. Wright --6Sensory aspects of strabismus /Kenneth W. Wright --7Esodeviations /Kenneth W. Wright --8Exotropia /Kenneth W. Wright --9Alphabet patterns and oblique /Kenneth W. Wright --10Complex strabismus: restriction, paresis, dissociated strabismus, and torticollis /Kenneth W. Wright --11Strabismus surgery /Kenneth W. Wright and Pauline Hong --12Ocular motility disorders /Mitra Maybodi, Richard W. Hertle, and Brian N. Bachynski --13Optical pearls and pitfalls /David L. Guyton, Joseph M. Miller, and Constance W. West.
- Handbook of pediatric surgery 2010, SpringerMilestones in pediatric surgery -- Fluids, electrolytes, and dehydration -- Metabolic response to injury and sepsis -- Shock -- Parenteral nutrition -- Hematology for surgeons -- Postoperative problems -- Neonatal physiology and care -- Fetal surgery: general principles -- Diaphragmatic hernia -- Esophageal atresia -- Pyloric stenosis -- Malrotation -- Intestinal atresia -- Necrotizing entercolitis -- Meconium ileus -- Hirschsprung's disease -- Anorectal malformations -- Abdominal wall defects -- Surgical neck pathology -- Developmental lung anomalies -- Gastro-esophageal reflux -- Gastrointestinal bleeding -- Acute abdomen -- Intussusception -- Appendicitis -- Rare causes of abdominal pain -- Crohn's disease -- Ulcerative colitis -- Short bowel syndrome -- Intestinal transplantation -- Vascular malformations -- Inguinal hernias and hydroceles -- The acute scrotum -- The undescended testes -- Miscellaneous problems of the male genitalia -- Miscellaneous surgical issues -- Basic pediatric laparoscopy and thoracoscopy -- Urinary tract infection -- The ureter -- Vesico-ureteric reflux -- Neurogenic bladder -- Posterior urethral valves -- Hypospadias -- Bladder exstrophy, epispadias, and cloacal exstrophy -- Disorders of sex development -- Investigation of jaundice -- Biliary atresia -- Choledochal malformations -- Gallbladder disease -- Portal hypertension -- Pancreatic disease -- Liver transplantation -- Wilms' tumor -- Liver tumors -- Neuroblastoma -- Teratomas -- Miscellaneous tumors -- Trauma management: general principles -- Abdominal trauma -- Thoracic trauma -- Basic brain injury -- Spina bifida -- Hydrocephalus.; Appendices: Reference weights and heights -- Anatomical reference -- Human developmental milestones.
- Handbook of pediatric transfusion medicine 2004, ScienceDirect
- Circumcision / Laurence S. Baskin -- Hypospadias / Laurence S. Baskin -- Undescended testes / Guy A. Bogaert -- Abnormalities of sexual differentiation / Hiep T. Nguyen -- Hydrocele, hernia, neonatal torsion and scrotal masses / Barry A. Kogan -- Urinary tract infections in children / Angelique C. Hinds and Nicholas M. Holmes -- -- Vesicoureteral reflux / Laurence S. Baskin -- Daytime urinary incontinence (in the otherwise healthy child) / Angelique C. Hinds -- Nocturnal enuresis / Pamela A. Bogan -- Constipation and urologic conditions / Karla M. Giramonti and Angelique C. Hinds -- Spina bifida, myelomeningocele, and the neurogenic bladder / Ronald S. Sutherland -- Prenatal urologic diagnosis and maternal counseling / Barry A. Kogan -- -- Neonatal hydronephrosis (UPJ obstruction) and multicystic dysplastic kidneys / Ahmet R. Aslan -- Hydroureteronephrosis: ureteroceles, duplications, and ureteral ectopy / Michael DiSandro -- Posterior urethral valves / Michelle B. Ebbers -- Congenital anomalies (urachal anomalies, exstrophy-epispadias complex, imperforate anus, and prune belly syndrome) / Ronald S. Sutherland -- Adolescent urology: testicular torsion, varicoceles and gynecologic problems / Michael DiSandro -- Genitourinary trauma and priapism / Hubert S. Swana and James M. Betts -- -- Hematuria / Robert S. Mathias -- Urolithiasis in children: medical management / Anthony A. Portale -- Urolithiasis in children: surgical management / Hurbert S. Swana -- Acute renal failure / Paul R. Brakeman -- Chronic renal failure / Paul R. Brakeman -- Pediatric renal transplantation / Martin A. Koyle and Gerald C. Mingin --Pediatric urologic oncology / Michael Ritchey -- Laparoscopy in pediatric urology / Eric A. Kurzrock -- Anesthesia for pediatric urologic procedures / Melissa A. Ehlers -- Sports recommendations for children with solitary kidneys and other genitourinary abnormalities / Jack S. Elder -- Urologic manifestations of sex abuse / Angelique C. Hinds -- Pediatric urology database / Jeffrey A. Stock and George W. Kaplan.
- Handbook of pharmaceutical analysis 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of pharmaceutical analysis by HPLC 2005, ScienceDirect
- Handbook of pharmaceutical granulation technology. 2nd ed. 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of pharmaceutical manufacturing formulations v. 1-6, 2004., CRCnetBASEv. 2, 2004 CRCnetBASEv. 3, 2004 CRCnetBASEv. 4, 2004 CRCnetBASEv. 5, 2004 CRCnetBASEv. 6, 2004 CRCnetBASEv. 1. Compressed solid products -- v. 2. Uncompressed solid products -- v. 3. Liquid products -- v. 4. Semisolid products -- v. 5. Over-the-counter products -- v. 6. Sterile products.
- Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of injected and inhaled drugs -- Inhaled anesthetics -- Opioid agonists and antagonists -- Barbiturates -- Benzodiazepines -- Nonbarbiturate intravenous anesthetic drugs -- Local anesthetics -- Neuromuscular-blocking drugs -- Anticholinesterase drugs and cholinergic agonists -- Anticholinergic drugs -- Cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitors and nonspecific nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs -- Sympathomimetics -- Digitalis and related drugs -- The A- and FI-adrenergic receptor antagonists -- Antihypertensive drugs -- Peripheral vasodilators-nitric oxide and nitrovasodilators -- Cardiac antidysrhythmic drugs -- Calcium channel blockers -- Drugs used for psychopharmacologic therapy -- Prostaglandins -- Histamine and histamine receptor antagonists -- Serotonin, plasma kinins, and renin -- Hormones as drugs -- Insulin and oral hypoglycemics -- Diuretics -- Antacids and gastrointestinal prokinetics -- Anticoagulants -- Antimicrobials -- Chemotherapeutic drugs -- Antiepileptic drugs -- Drugs used for treatment of Parkinson's disease -- Drug treatment of lipid disorders -- Central nervous system stimulants and muscle relaxants -- Vitamins, dietary supplements, and herbal remedies -- Minerals and electrolytes -- Blood components, substitutes, and hemostatic drugs -- Enteral and parenteral nutrition -- Antiseptics and disinfectants -- Cell structure and function -- Body fluids -- Central nervous system -- Thermo regulation -- Autonomic nervous system -- Pain -- Systemic circulation -- Microcirculation and lymphatics -- Pulmonary circulation -- Heart -- The electrocardiogram and analysis of cardiac dysrhythmias -- The lungs -- Pulmonary gas exchange and blood transport of gases -- Acid-base balance -- Endocrine system -- Kidneys -- Liver and gastrointestinal tract -- Skeletal and smooth muscle -- Erythrocytes and leukocytes -- Hemostasis and blood coagulation -- Metabolism of nutrients -- Physiology of the newborn and elderly.
- Handbook of photochemistry.. 3rd ed. / 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of photonics for biomedical science 2010, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of physics in medicine and biology 2010, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of poisonous and injurious plants. 2nd ed. 2007, Springer
- Handbook of population 2005, Springer
- Handbook of positive behavior support 2009, SpringerForeword / Renée Bradley -- Introduction: Overview and history of positive behavior support / Glen Dunlap ... [et al.]. The intellectual roots of positive behavior support and their implications for its development / George H.S. Singer and Mian Wang -- Early childhood, family and community: Positive behavior support and early intervention / Glen Dunlap and Lise Fox. Toward an ecological unit of analysis in behavioral assessment and intervention with families of children with developmental disabilities / Joseph M. Lucyshyn ... [et al.]. Positive behavior support and early intervention for young children with autism : case studies on the efficacy of proactive treatment of problem behavior / Phillip S. Strain and Ilene Schwartz. Integrating a positive behavior support approach within Head Start / Andy J. Frey, Cheryl Anne Boyce, and Louisa Banks Tarullo. Empirically supported intervention practices for autism spectrum disorders in school and community settings : issues and practices / Lynn Kern Koegel, Suzanne Robinson, and Robert L. Koegel. A programwide model for supporting social emotional development and addressing challenging behavior in early childhood setting / Lise Fox and Mary Louise Hemmeter. Integrating PBS, mental health services, and family-driven care / Albert J. Duchnowski and Krista Kutash. Optimistic parenting : hope and help for parents with challenging children / V. Mark Durand ... [et al.]. Families facing extraordinary challenges in urban communities systems-level application of positive behavior support / Amy McCart ... [et al.]. Delivering behavior support in the foster care system / Kimberly Crosland ... [et al.] -- Schoolwide: Defining and describing schoolwide positive behavior support / George Sugai and Robert H. Horner. Sustainability of systems-level evidence-based practices in schools : current knowledge and future directions / Kent McIntosh, Robert H. Horner, and George Sugai. Increasing family participation through schoolwide positive behavior supports / Timothy J. Lewis. Primary-tier interventions and supports / Heather Peshak George, Don Kincaid, and Jenna Pollard-Sage. Secondary-tier interventions and supports / Leanne S. Hawken ... [et al.]. Function-based supports for individual students in school settings / Terrance M. Scott ... [et al.]. Implementation of schoolwide positive behavior support in urban settings / Robert Putnam ... [et al.]. Positive behavior support in alternative education, community-based mental health, and juvenile justice settings / C. Michael Nelson ... [et al.]. Behavior supports in nonclassroom settings / Lori Newcomer, Geoff Colvin, and Timothy J. Lewis. Facilitating academic achievement through schoolwide positive behavior support / Bob Algozzine and Kate Algozzine. Using a problem-solving model to enhance data-based decision making in schools / J. Stephen Newton ... [et al.]. Finding a direction for high school positive behavior support / Hank Bohanon ... [et al.]. Systems change and the complementary roles of in-service and preservice training in schoolwide positive behavior support / Rachel Freeman -- New directions: Sustaining positive behavior support in a context of comprehensive school reform / Wayne Sailor ... [et al.]. Completing the continuum of schoolwide positive behavior support : wraparound as a tertiary-level intervention / Lucille Eber ... [et al.]. Implementing function-based support within schoolwide positive behavior support / Cynthia M. Anderson and Terrence M. Scott. Response to intervention and positive behavior support / Wayne Sailor ... [et al.].
- Handbook of practical immunohistochemistry 2011, SpringerQuality management and regulation / Jeffrey Prichard -- Technique and troubleshooting of antibody testing / Fan Lin and Jianhui Shi -- Overview of automated immunohistochemistry / Jeffrey Prichard, Angela Bitting, and Joe Myers -- Automated staining : Dako perspective / Ole F. Rasmussen and Andreas Schønau -- Automated staining : Ventana perspective / Angela Sattler -- Tissue microarray / Myra Wilkerson and Erin Powell -- Unknown primary/undifferentiated neoplasms in surgical and cytologic specimens / Fan Lin and Haiyan Liu -- Exfoliative cytopathology / Steven Meschter and Jan F. Silverman -- Predictive markers of breast cancer : ER, PR, and HER2 / Jeffrey Prichard, David Hicks, and Elizabeth Hammond -- Central and peripheral nerve system tumors / Hueizhi (Hope) Wu, Conrad Schuerch, and Douglas C. Miller -- Thyroid and parathyroid gland / Haiyan Liu, Fan Lin, and Ronald A. DeLellis -- Adrenal gland / Hanna G. Kaspar -- Salivary gland and other head and neck structures / Conrad Schuerch -- Lung, pleura, and mediastinum / Kai Zhang and Phillip Cagle -- Breast / Haiyan Liu -- Uterus / Hanna G. Kaspar -- Ovary / Jeffrey Prichard, Haiyan Liu, and Myra Wilkerson -- Prostate gland / Haiyan Liu, Fan Lin, and Qihui (Jim) Zhai -- Urinary bladder / Myra Wilkerson -- Kidney / Fan Lin and Ximing J. Yang -- Testis and paratesticular tissues / Myra Wilkerson -- Pancreas and ampulla / Fan Lin and Hanlin L. Wang -- Liver, bile ducts, and gallbladder / Jeffrey Prichard and Fan Lin -- Upper gastrointestinal tract / Jinhong Li and Fan Lin -- Lower gastrointestinal tract and microsatellite instability / Jinhong Li and Fan Lin -- Soft tissue and bone tumors / Shaobo Zhu and Markku Miettinen -- Lymph node / Xiaohong (Mary) Zhang and Nadine S. Aguilera -- Bone marrow / R. Patrick Dorion and Xiaohong (Mary) Zhang -- Infectious diseases / Dirk M. Elston, Lawrence E. Gibson, and Heinz Kutzner -- Skin / Tammie Ferringer -- Application of direct immunofluorescence for the skin and mucosal biopsies : a practical review / William B. Tyler -- In situ hybridization in surgical and cytologic specimens / Hong Yin and Barbara Paynton.
- Handbook of prebiotics 2008, CRCnetBASEEndocrinology of the gastro-intestinal tract and modulation of satiety: specific focus on glucagon like peptide-1 / R. Burcelin & P.D. Cani -- Prebiotics and modulation of gastrointestinal peptides / P.D. Cani, R. Burcelin & C. Knauf -- Designing studies and rodent models for studying prebiotics for colorectal cancer prevention / N.J. Emenaker & J.A. Milner -- Colorectal cancer prevention: the role of prebiotics / A. Umar, N.J. Emenaker & J.A. Milner -- Prebiotics and reduction of risk of carcinogenesis: review of experimental and human data / A. Klinder, M. Glei & B.L. Pool-Zobel -- Prebiotics and cancer therapy / H.S. Taper & M.B. Roberfroid -- Pathophysiology of inflammatory bowel diseases / F.Hoentjen & L. A. Dieleman -- Prebiotics in inflammatory bowel diseases / F. Guarner -- Prebiotics and infant nutrition / Y. Vandenplas ... [et al.] -- Prebiotics and nutrition in the elderly: the concept of healthy aging / I.R. Rowland & C. Gill -- Prebiotics and animal nutrition / J. Van Loo -- Food applications of prebiotics / A. Franck -- Prebiotics and food safety / G. Pascal -- Concluding remarks / G.R Gibson & M.B. Roberfroid.General introduction: prebiotics in nutrition / M.B Roberfroid -- Gastrointestinal microflora and interactions with gut mucosa / A.L. Wells, D.M.A. Saulnier, and G.R. Gibson -- Prebiotics: concept: definition, criteria, methodologies, and products / M.B. Roberfroid -- The prebiotic effect: review of experimental and human data / S. Kolida and G.R.Gibson -- Effects of prebiotics on mineral absorption: mechanisms of action / I.J. Griffin & S.A. Abrams -- Prebiotics and the absorption of minerals, a review of experimental and human data / K.M. Hawthorne & S.A. Abrams -- Immune functions and mechanisms in the gastrointestinal tract / A. Dubert-Ferrandon, D.S. Newburg & W.A. Walker -- Prebiotics and the immune system: review of experimental and human data / S. Seifert & B. Watzl -- Triacylglycerols and cholesterol metabolism / M.Beylot, F. Forcheron & D. Letexier -- Prebiotics and lipid metabolism: review of experimental and human data / N.M. Delzenne & A.M. Neyrinck --
- Handbook of proteolytic enzymes. 2nd ed. v. 1-2, 2004.v. 1. Aspartic and metallo peptidases -- v. 2. Cysteine, serine and threonine peptidases.
- Psychiatric drug therapy -- Drugs for the treatment of psychotic disorders -- Drugs for the treatment of depression -- Drugs for the treatment of bipolar disorders -- Drugs for the treatment of anxiety disorders -- Drugs for the treatment of substance use and addictive disorders -- Drugs for the treatment of sleep disorders -- Drugs for the treatment of dementia -- Drugs for the treatment of attention deficit disorder.
- Handbook of psychoeducational assessment 2001, ScienceDirectPractical guide for educational and psychological professionals using norm-referenced tests (tests that are designed to compare students to each other) in the ability, achievement, and behavioral assessment of children. Written by key individuals involved in the construction and evolution of the most widely used tests, this book provides critical information on the nature and scope of commonly used tests, on their reliability, on validity, administration, and scoring, on interpretation of the tests, and on how the tests may differ from each other in utility with specific populations.
- Handbook of race and development in mental health 2012, Springer
- Handbook of radiotherapy physics 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of Raman spectroscopy 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of regression and modeling 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of renal biopsy pathology. 2nd ed. 2008, Springer
- Handbook of research on student engagement 2012, Springer
- Scores and definitions used in respiratory and critical care research -- Pulmonary function -- Physiologic monitoring -- Gas therapy -- Mechanical ventilation -- Mathematical procedures.
- Handbook of reward and decision making. 1st ed. 2009, ScienceDirectPart 1. Monkey Anatomical and Electrophysiological Studies on Reward and Decision Making -- Part 2. fMRI Studies on Reward and Decision Making -- Part 3. Brain Disorders Involving Dysfunctions of Reward and Decision Making Processes -- Part 4. Genetic and Hormonal Influences on the Reward System -- Part 5. Computational Models of the Reward System and Decision Making.
- Handbook of RNA biochemistry 2005, WileyPart I. RNA Synthesis - Enzymatic RNA Synthesis, Ligation and Modification -- Chapter 1. Enzymatic RNA Synthesis using Bacteriophage T7 RNA Polymerase / Heike Gruegelsiepe, Astrid Schön, Leif A. Kirsebom and Roland K. Hartmann, p. 3-21 -- Chapter 2. Production of RNAs with Homogeneous 5' and 3' Ends / Mario Mörl, Esther Lizano, Dagmar K. Willkomm and Roland K. Hartmann, p. 22-35 -- Chapter 3. RNA Ligation using T4 DNA Ligase / Mikko J. Frilander and Janne J. Turunen, p. 36-52 -- Chapter 4. T4 RNA Ligase / Tina Persson, Dagmar K. Willkomm and Roland K. Hartmann, p. 53-74 -- Chapter 5. Co- and Post-Transcriptional Incorporation of Specific Modifications Including Photoreactive Groups into RNA Molecules / Nathan H. Zahler and Michael E. Harris, p. 75-85 -- Chapter 6. 3'-Terminal Attachment of Fluorescent Dyes and Biotin / Dagmar K. Willkomm and Roland K. Hartmann, p. 86-94 -- Part I. RNA Synthesis - Chemical RNA Synthesis -- Chapter 7. Chemical RNA Synthesis, Purification and Analysis / Brian S. Sproat, p. 95-111 -- Chapter 8. Modified RNAs as Tools in RNA Biochemistry / Thomas E. Edwards and Snorri T. H. Sigurdsson, p. 112-129 -- Part II. Structure Determination - Molecular Biology Methods -- Chapter 9. Direct Determination of RNA Sequence and Modification by Radiolabeling Methods / Olaf Gimple and Astrid Schön, p. 132-150 -- Chapter 10. Probing RNA Structures with Enzymes and Chemicals In Vitro and In Vivo / Eric Huntzinger, Maria Possedko, Flore Winter, Hervé Moine, Chantal Ehresmann and Pascale Romby, p. 151-171 -- Chapter 11. Study of RNA-Protein Interactions and RNA Structure in Ribonucleoprotein Particles / Virginie Marchand, Annie Mougin, Agnès Méreau and Christiane Branlant, p. 172-204 -- Chapter 12. Terbium(III) Footprinting as a Probe of RNA Structure and Metal-binding Sites / Dinari A. Harris and Nils G. Walter, p. 205-213 -- Chapter 13. Pb²⁺-induced Cleavage of RNA / Leif A. Kirsebom and Jerzy Ciesiolka, p. 214-228 -- Chapter 14. In Vivo Determination of RNA Structure by Dimethylsulfate / Christina Waldsich and Renée Schroeder, p. 229-237 -- Chapter 15. Probing Structure and Binding Sites on RNA by Fenton Cleavage / Gesine Bauer and Christian Berens, p. 238-249 -- Chapter 16. Measuring the Stoichiometry of Magnesium Ions Bound to RNA / A. J. Andrews and Carol Fierke, p. 250-258 -- Chapter 17. Nucleotide Analog Interference Mapping and Suppression: Specific Applications in Studies of RNA Tertiary Structure, Dynamic Helicase Mechanism and RNA-Protein Interactions, p. 259-293 / Olga Fedorova, Marc Boudvillain, Jane Kawaoka and Anna Marie Pyle -- Chapter 18. Nucleotide Analog Interference Mapping: Application to the RNase P System / Simona Cuzic and Roland K. Hartmann, p. 294-318 -- Chapter 19. Identification and Characterization of Metal Ion Binding by Thiophilic Metal Ion Rescue / Eric L. Christian, p. 319-344 -- Chapter 20. Identification of Divalent Metal Ion Binding Sites in RNA/DNA-metabolizing Enzymes by Fe(II)-mediated Hydroxyl Radical Cleavage / Yan-Guo Ren, Niklas Henriksson and Anders Virtanen, p. 345-353 -- Chapter 21. Protein-RNA Crosslinking in Native Ribonucleoprotein Particles / Henning Urlaub, Klaus Hartmuth and Reinhard Lührmann, p. 354-373 -- Chapter 22. Probing RNA Structure by Photoaffinity Crosslinking with 4-Thiouridine and 6-Thioguanosine / Michael E. Harris and Eric L. Christian, p. 374-384 -- Part II. Structure Determination - Biophysical Methods -- Chapter 23. Structural Analysis of RNA and RNA-Protein Complexes by Small-angle X-ray Scattering / Tao Pan and Tobin R. Sosnick, p. 385-397 -- Chapter 24. Temperature-Gradient Gel Electrophoresis of RNA / Detlev Riesner and Gerhard Steger, p. 398-414 -- Chapter 25. UV Melting, Native Gels and RNA Conformation / Andreas Werner, p. 415-427 -- Chapter 26. Sedimentation Analysis of Ribonucleoprotein Complexes / Jan Medenbach, Andrey Damianov, Silke Schreiner and Albrecht Bindereif, p. 428-437 -- Chapter 27. Preparation and Handling of RNA Crystals / Boris François, Aurélie Lescoute-Phillips, Andreas Werner and Benoît Masquida, p. 438-452 -- Part II. Structure Determination - Fluorescence and Single Molecule Studies -- Chapter 28. Fluorescence Labeling of RNA for Single Molecule Studies / Filipp Oesterhelt, Enno Schweinberger and Claus Seidel, p. 453-474 -- Chapter 29. Scanning Force Microscopy and Scanning Force Spectroscopy of RNA / Wolfgang Nellen, p. 475-487 -- Part III. RNA Genomics and Bioinformatics - Fluorescence and Single Molecule Studies -- Chapter 30. Comparative Analysis of RNA Secondary Structure: 6S RNA / James W. Brow and J. Christopher Ellis, p. 490-512 -- Chapter 31. Secondary Structure Prediction / Gerhard Steger, p. 513-535 -- Chapter 32. Modeling the Architecture of Structured RNAs within a Modular and Hierarchical Framework, p. 536-545 / Benoît Masquida and Eric Westhof -- Chapter 33. Modeling Large RNA Assemblies using a Reduced Representation, p. 546-559 / Jason A. Mears, Scott M. Stagg and Stephen C. Harvey -- Chapter 34. Molecular Dynamics Simulations of RNA Systems / Pascal Auffinger and Andrea C. Vaiana, p. 560-576 -- Chapter 35. Seeking RNA Motifs in Genomic Sequences / Matthieu Legendre and Daniel Gautheret, p. 577-594 -- Chapter 36. Approaches to Identify Novel Non-messenger RNAs in Bacteria and to Investigate their Biological Functions: RNA Mining / Jörg Vogel, E. Gerhart and H. Wagner, p. 595-613 -- Chapter 37. Approaches to Identify Novel Non-messenger RNAs in Bacteria and to Investigate their Biological Functions: Functional Analysis of Identified Non-mRNAs / E. Gerhart, H. Wagner and Jörg Vogel, p. 614-642 -- Chapter 38. Experimental RNomics: A Global Approach to Identify Non-coding RNAs in Model Organisms / Alexander Hüttenhofer, p. 643-654 -- Chapter 39. Large-scale Analysis of mRNA Splice Variants by Microarray / Young-Soo Kwon, Hai-Ri Li and Xiang-Dong Fu, p. 655-663 -- Part IV. Analysis of RNA Function 665 - RNA-Protein Interactions in vitro -- Chapter 40. RNA-Protein Interactions in vitro / Steffen Schiffer, Sylvia Rösch, Bettina Späth, Markus Englert, Hildburg Beier and Anita Marchfelder, p. 666-675 -- Chapter 41. Biotin-based Affinity Purification of RNA-Protein Complexes / Zsofia Palfi, Jingyi Hui and Albrecht Bindereif, p. 676-693 -- Chapter 42. Immunoaffinity Purification of Spliceosomal and Small Nuclear Ribonucleoprotein Complexes / Cindy L. Will, Evgeny M. Makarov, Olga V. Makarova and Reinhard Lührmann, p. 694-709 -- Chapter 43. Northwestern Techniques for the Identification of RNA-binding Proteins from cDNA Expression Libraries and the Analysis of RNA-Protein Interactions / Ángel Emilio Martínez De Alba, Michela Alessandra Denti and Martin Tabler, p. 710-728 -- Part IV. Analysis of RNA Function 665 - RNA-Protein Interactions in vivo -- Chapter 44. Fluorescent Detection of Nascent Transcripts and RNA-binding Proteins in Cell Nuclei, p. 729-736 / Jennifer A. Geiger and Karla M. Neugebauer -- Chapter 45. Identification and Characterization of RNA-binding Proteins through Three-hybrid Analysis / Felicia Scott and David R. Engelke, p. 737-754 -- Chapter 46. Analysis of Alternative Splicing In Vivo using Minigenes / Yesheng Tang, Tatyana Novoyatleva, Natalya Benderska, Shivendra Kishore, Alphonse Thanaraj and Stefan Stamm, p. 755-782 -- Part IV. Analysis of RNA Function 665 - SELEX -- Chapter 47. Artificial Selection: Finding Function amongst Randomized Sequences / Ico de Zwart, Catherine Lozupone, Rob Knight, Amanda Birmingham, Mali Illangasekare, Vasant Jadhav, Michal Legiewicz, Irene Majerfeld, Jeremy Widmann and Michael Yarus, p. 783-806 -- Chapter 48. Aptamer Selection against Biological Macromolecules: Proteins and Carbohydrates / C. Stefan Vörtler and Maria Milovnikova, p. 807-839 -- Chapter 49. In Vivo SELEX Strategies / Thomas A. Cooper, p. 840-852 -- Chapter 50. In Vitro Selection against Small Targets / Dirk Eulberg, Christian Maasch, Werner G. Purschke and Sven Klussmann, p. 853-877 -- Chapter 51. SELEX Strategies to Identify Antisense and Protein Target Sites in RNA or Heterogeneous Nuclear Ribonucleoprotein Complexes / Martin Lützelberger, Martin R. Jakobsen and Jørgen Kjems, p. 878-894 -- Chapter 52. Gene Silencing Methods for Mammalian Cells: Application of Synthetic Short Interfering RNAs / Matthias John, Anke Geick, Philipp Hadwiger, Hans-Peter Vomlocher and Olaf Heidenreich, p. 896-909 -- Appendix. UV Spectroscopy for the Quantitation of RNA, p. 910-913.
- Handbook of SAS DATA Step programming 2013, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of scheduling 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of schizophrenia spectrum disorders. Volume I, Conceptual issues and neurobiological advances 2011, Springer
- Handbook of schizophrenia spectrum disorders. Volume II, Phenotypic and endophenotypic presentations 2011, Springer
- Handbook of schizophrenia spectrum disorders. Volume III, Therapeutic approaches, comorbidity, and outcomes 2011, Springer
- Handbook of secondary fungal metabolites 2003, ScienceDirect
- HANDBOOK OF SELF-REGULATION Lane Catalog record
- Handbook of size exclusion chromatography and related techniques. 2nd ed., rev. and expanded. 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Insomnia -- Circadian rhythm sleep disorders -- Narcolepsy and other hypersomnias -- Sleep-related breathing disorders -- Parasomnias -- Sleep-related movement disorders -- Key issues in the management of sleep problems associated with other disorders.
- Handbook of sleep medicine 2006, OvidPopulations at risk for sleep disturbances / Phyllis C. Zee and Alon Y. Avidan -- Sleep-disordered breathing / Suzette Sewell-Scheuermann and Barbara A. Phillips -- Insomnia / Ruth M. Benca -- Hypersomnia and narcolepsy / Timothy F. Hoban and Ronald D. Chervin -- Motor disorders of sleep and parasomnias / Alon Y. Avidan -- Circadian rhythm sleep disorders / Brandon S. Lu, Prasanth Manthena, and Phyllis C. Zee -- Sleep disorders in children / Judith Anne Owens and Katherine Finn Davis.
- Handbook of sleep medicine. 2nd ed. 2011, Ovid"The handbook offers practical and easily referenced algorithmic flow diagrams. It provides the flexibility of a quick, easily referenced guideline whereas the chapters provide specific diagnostic tools and detailed reviews of treatments"--Provided by publisher.
- Handbook of SOPs for good clinical practice. 2nd ed. 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of specialty elastomers 2008, CRCnetBASEChapter 1. Polychloroprene Rubber (CR) / by Rudiger Musch & Hans Magg -- Chapter 2. Acrylonitrile Butadiene Rubber (NBR) / by Robert Klingender -- Chapter 3. Hydrogenated Nitrile Rubber (HNBR) / by Dr. Robert Keller -- Chapter 4. Fluoroelastomers, FKM, and FEPM / by Pascal Ferrandez -- Chapter 5. Polyacrylate Elastomers Properties and Applications / by Robert Klingender -- Chapter 6. Ethylene Acrylic (AEM) Elastomer Formulation Design / by Lawrence C. Muschiatti, Yun-Tai Yu, Edward McBride and Klaus Kammerer -- Chapter 7. Polyepichlorohydrin Elastomer / by Robert Klingender -- Chapter 8. Compounding with Chlorinated Polyethylene / by Ray Laakso -- Chapter 9. Chlorosulfonated Polyethylene (CSM) and Aklylated Chlorosulfonated Polyethylene (ACSM) / by Robert Klingender -- Chapter 10. Ethylene Vinyl Acetate Elastomer (EVM) (ASTM designation AEM) / by Drs. H. Meisenheimer & A. Zens -- Chapter 11. Polysulfide Elastomers / by Stephen K. Flanders & Robert Klingender - Submitted -- Chapter 12. Plasticizers, Process Oils, Vulcanized Vegetable Oils / by Peter Rand -- Chapter 13. Vulcanization Agents for Specialty Elastomers / by Robert Ohm -- Chapter 14. Antioxidants for Specialty Elastomers by Russell Mazzeo -- Chapter 15. Processing Aids for Specialty Elastomers / by Jerry M. Sherritt -- Chapter 16. Considerations in the design of a rubber formulation / by Robert Klingender -- 16A. Oil Field elastomeric Products / by Robert C. Klingender -- 16B. Life Prediction / by John Vicic -- 16C. Compression, Transfer, and Injections Molding of Specialty Elastomers / by Robert W. Keller.
- Handbook of spectroscopy 2003, Wileyv. 1. -- Part I. Sample preparation and sample pretreatment -- ch. 1. Collection and preparation of gaseous samples / Douglas A. Lane -- ch. 2. Sample collection and preparation of liquid and solids / Brian M. Cullum, Tuan Vo-Dinh -- Part II. Methods 1: Optical spectroscopy -- ch. 3. Basics of optical spectroscopy / Martin Hof -- ch. 4. Instrumentation / Valdas Sablinskas -- ch. 5. Measurement techniques / Gerald Steiner -- ch. 6. Applications / Valdas Sablinskas, Gerald Steiner, Martin Hof -- Part III. Methods 2: Nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy -- ch. 7. An Introduction to solution, solid-state, and imaging NMR spectroscopy / Leslie G. Butler -- ch. 8. Solution NMR spectroscopy / Gary E. Martin, Chad E. Hadden, David J. Russell -- ch. 9. Solid-state NMR / Steven P. Brown, Lyndon Emsley -- Part IV. Methods 3: Mass spectrometry -- ch. 10. Mass spectrometry / Michael Przybylski, Wolfgang Weinmann, Thilo A. Fligge -- Part V. Methods 4: Elemental analysis -- ch. 11. X-ray fluorescence analysis / K. Janssens -- ch. 12. Atomic absorption spectrometry (AAS) and atomic emission spectrometry (AES) / Erwin Rosenberg, Ulrich Panne -- Part VI. Methods 5: Surface analysis techniques -- ch. 13. Surface analysis techniques / A. Macková, S.A. Morton, C.G.H. Walker, K. Volka -- v. 2. -- Part VII. Applications 1: Bioanalysis -- ch. 14. Bioanalysis / Willem M. Albers, Arto Annila, Nicholas J. Goddard, Gabor Patonay, Erkki Soini -- Part VIII. Applications 2: Environmental analysis -- ch. 15. LC-MS in environmental analysis / H.Fr. Schröder -- ch. 16. Gas chromatography/ion trap mass spectrometry (GC/ITMS) for environmental analysis / Michel Sablier, Toshihiro Fujii -- Part IX. Application 3: Process control -- ch. 17. Optical spectroscopy / John Green -- ch. 18. NMR / Loring A. Weisenberger -- ch. 19. Process mass spectrometry / Christian Hassell -- ch. 20. Elemental analysis / J.S. Crighton -- Part X. Hyphenated techniques -- ch. 21. Hyphenated techniques for chromatographic detection / John C. Fetzer -- Part XI. General data treatment: data bases/spectral libraries -- ch. 22. Optical spectroscopy / Steffen Thiele, Reiner Salzer -- ch. 23. Nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy / Wolfgang Robien -- ch. 24. Mass spectrometry / Antony N. Davies.
- Handbook of stability testing in pharmaceutical development 2009, Springer
- Handbook of statistical analyses using R. 2nd ed. 2010, CRCnetBASEAn introduction to R -- Data analysis using graphical displays -- Simple inference -- Conditional inference -- Analysis of variance -- Simple and multiple linear regression -- Logistic repression and generalised linear models -- Density estimation -- Recursive partitioning -- Smoothers and generalised additive models -- Survival analysis -- Analysing longitudinal data I -- Analysing longitudinal data II -- Simultaneous inference and multiple comparisons -- Meta-analysis -- Principal component analysis -- Multidimensional scaling -- Cluster analysis.
- Handbook of statistical analyses using S-PLUS. 2nd ed. 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of statistical analyses using SAS. 2nd ed. 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of statistical analyses using SPSS 2004, CRCnetBASEA brief introduction SPSS -- Data description and simple inference for continuous data : the lifespans of rats and ages at marriage in the U.S. -- Simple inference for categorical data : from belief in the afterlife to the death penalty and race -- Multiple linear regression : temperatures in America and cleaning cars -- Analysis of variance I : one-way designs; fecundity of fruit flies, finger tapping, and female social skills -- Analysis of variance II : factorial designs; does marijuana slow you down? and do slimming clinics work? -- Analysis of repeated measures I : analysis of variance type models; field dependence and a reverse Stroop task -- Analysis of repeated measures II : linear mixed effects models; computer delivery of cognitive behavioral therapy -- Logistic regression : who survived the sinking of the Titanic -- Survival analysis : sexual milestones in women and field dependency of children -- Principal component analysis and factor analysis : crime in the U.S. and AIDS patients' evaluations of their clinicians -- Classification : cluster analysis and discrimination function analysis ; Tibetan skulls.
- Handbook of statistical analyses using Stata. 3rd ed. 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of statistical distributions with applications 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of statistical genetics. 3rd ed. v. 1-2, 2007, Wiley
- Handbook of statistics in clinical oncology. 2nd ed. 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of statistics in clinical oncology. 3rd ed. 2012, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of stem cells 2004, ScienceDirectVol. 1. Embryonic stem cells -- Vol. 2. Adult and fetal stem cells.
- Handbook of stereotactic and functional neurosurgery 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of stress and the brain. 1st ed. 2005, ScienceDirectPt. 1. The Neurobiology of stress -- pt. 2. Stress: integrative and clinical aspects.Contents of pt. 2: Hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis in postnatal life / D.M. Vázquez and S. Levine -- Early-life environmental manipulations in rodents and primates : potential animal models in depression research / C.R. Pryce ... [et al.] -- Gene targeted animals with alterations in corticotropin pathways : new insights into allostatic control / S.C. Coste, S.E. Murray and M.P. Stenzel-Poore -- Rat strain differences in stress sensitivity / B.A. Ellenbroek, E.J. Geven and A.R. Cools -- Glucocorticoid hormones, individual differences, and behavioral and dopaminergic responses to psychostimulant drugs / M. Marinelli and P.V. Piazza -- Social hierarchy and stress / R.R. Sakai and K.L.K. Tamashiro -- Stress-induced hyperthermia / B. Olivier ... [et al.] -- Cytokine activation of the hypothalamo-pituitary-adrenal axis / A.J. Dunn -- Glucocorticoids and the immune response / G.J. Wiegers ... [et al.] -- The molecular basis of fever / T. Cartmell and D. Mitchell -- Animal models of posttraumatic stress disorder / I. Liberzon, S. Khan and E.A. Young -- Neuroendocrine aspects of PTSD / R. Yehuda -- Depression and effects of antidepressant drugs on the stress systems / S. Modell and F. Holsboer -- A contemporary appraisal of the role of stress in schizophrenia / R.R.J. Lewine -- Atypical antipsychotic drugs and stress / C.E. Marx ... [et al.] -- The role of stress in opiate and psychostimulant addiction : evidence from animal models / L. Lu and Y. Shaham -- Stress and drug abuse / R. Sinha -- Stress and dementia / E. Ferrari ... [et al.] -- CRF antagonists as novel treatment strategies for stress-related disorders / T. Steckler -- Nonpeptide vasopressin V1b receptor antagonists / G. Griebel and C. Serradeil-Le Gal -- Substance P (NK1 receptor) antagonists / N.M.J. Rupniak -- Glucocorticoid antagonists and depression / J.S. Andrews.
- Handbook of stress medicine and health. 2nd ed. 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of stressful transitions across the lifespan 2010, SpringerAn international and multidisciplinary core of clinicians, physicians, counsellors, educators, and researchers provide perspectives on the subject and scope of the stressful aspects of transitions in the life span. Transitions are discussed in depth, and the book balances theoretical knowledge with practical applications.
- Handbook of stroke. 2nd ed. 2006, OvidSystematic clinical assessment -- Historical evaluation of key signs and symptoms -- General medical review -- General examination -- Neurologic examination -- Approach to the comatose patient -- Laboratory evaluation -- Differential diagnosis made easy: general approach -- Temporal profile of ischemic cerebrovascular diseases -- Telephone interview and triage -- Management of acute stroke in critically ill patients -- Transient ischemic attack and minor cerebral infarction: general evaluation and treatment -- Major cerebral infarction: general evaluation and treatment -- Subarachnoid hemorrhage: general evaluation and treatment -- Intracerebral hemorrhage: general evaluation and treatment -- Four major categories of ischemic cerebrovascular disease: identification and treatment -- Five major categories of hemorrhagic disease: treatment of specific underlying mechanisms -- Cerebral venous thrombosis -- Other cerebrovascular syndromes --Vascular disease of the spinal cord -- Cerebrovascular disease in children and young adults -- Cerebrovascular disease in pregnant patients -- Cerebrovascular disease genetics -- Modifiable lifestyle and environmental factors -- Asymptomatic carotid and vertebral stenosis -- Hypertension -- Dyslipidemia -- Other host factors -- Unruptured intracranial aneurysms -- Unruptured intracranial vascular malformations -- Hematologic disease -- Carotid or vertebral artery occlusive disease -- Transient ischemic attack -- Cerebral infarction -- Intracerebral hemorrhage -- Subarachnoid hemorrhage -- Physical therapy -- Speech therapy -- Other chronic complications of stroke -- Family and patient education.
- Handbook of systemic autoimmune diseases v. 1-, 2004-, ScienceDirect
- Handbook of systems and complexity in health 2013, SpringerThis book is an introduction to health care as a complex adaptive system, a system that feeds back on itself. The first section introduces systems and complexity theory from a science, historical, epistemological, and technical perspective, describing the principles and mathematics. Subsequent sections build on the health applications of systems science theory, from human physiology to medical decision making, population health and health services research. The aim of the book is to introduce and expand on important population health issues from a systems and complexity perspective, highlight current research developments and their implications for health care delivery, consider their ethical implications, and to suggest directions for and potential pitfalls in the future.
- Handbook of temporal reasoning in artificial intelligence 2005, ScienceDirectFormal theories of time and temporal incidence / Lluis Vila -- Eventualities / Antony Galton -- Time granularity / Jérôme Euzenat and Angelo Montanari -- Modal varieties of temporal logic / Howard Barringer and Dov Gabbay -- Temporal qualification in artificial intelligence / Han Reichgelt and Lluis Vila -- Computational complexity of temporal constraint problems / Thomas Drakengren and Peter Jonsson -- Indefinite constraint databases with temporal information : representational power and computational complexity / Manolis Koubarakis -- Processing qualitative temporal constraints / Alfonso Gerevini -- Theorem-proving for discrete temporal logic / Mark Reynolds and Clare Dixon -- Probabilistic temporal reasoning / Steve Hanks and David Madigan -- Temporal reasoning with iff-abduction / Marc Denecker and Kristof Van Belleghem -- Temporal description logics / Alessandro Artale and Enrico Franconi -- Logic programming and reasoning about actions / Chitta Baral and Michael Gelfond -- Temporal databases / Jan Chomicki and David Toman -- Temporal reasoning in agent-based systems / Michael Fisher and Michael Wooldridge -- Time in planning / Maria Fox and Derek Long -- Time in automated legal reasoning / Lluis Vila and Hajime Yoshino -- Temporal reasoning in natural language / Alice ter Meulen -- Temporal reasoning in medicine / Elpida Keravnou and Yuval Shahar -- Time in qualitative simulation / Dan Clancy and Benjamin Kuipers.
- Handbook of the autonomic nervous system in health and disease 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of the behavioral neurobiology of serotonin. 1st ed. 2010, ScienceDirectSection 1: Functional anatomy of the serotonergic system -- Evolution of serotonin : sunlight to suicide / Efrain C. Azmitia -- Genetic organisation of the serotonergic system / Ursula M. D'Souza and Ian W. Craig -- The neuronatomy of the serotonergic system / Jean-Pierre Hornung -- Ultrastructure of the serotonin innervation in mammalian central nervous system / Laurent Descarries, Mustapha Riad and Martin Parent -- Classification and signaling characteristics of 5-HT receptors / Joel Bockaert, Sylvie Claeysen, Aline Dumuis and Philippe Marin -- Distribution of 5-HT receptors in the central nervous system / Guadalupe Mengod, Roser Cort s, M. Teresa Vilar and Daniel Hoyer -- Measuring serotonin activity in vivo in the brains of animals and humans / Charles A Marsden -- Section 2: The neurophysiology of serotonin -- Activity of brain serotonergic neurons in relation to physiology and behavior / Barry L. Jacobs and Casimir A. Fornal -- Electrophysiology of serotonin receptors / Gerard J. Marek -- Tryptophane hydroxylase and serotonin synthesis regulation / Hiroyuki Hasegawa and Kazuhiro Nakamura -- The degradation of serotonin : role of MAO / Marco Bortolato, Kevin Chen and Jean C Shih -- Cellular effects of serotonin in the CNS / Rodrigo Andrade and Sheryl G. Beck -- Serotonergic feedback control / Trevor Sharp -- Tryptophan depletion and serotonin release : a critical reappraisal / Matthijs G.P. Feenstra and Geoffrey van der Plasse -- Serotonin interaction with other transmitter systems / Albert Adell, Anal a Bortolozzi, Llorenc D iaz-Mataix, Noem Santana, Pau Celada, and Francesc Artigas -- Serotonergic regulation of rhythmical activity of the brain, concentrating on the hippocampus / Robert P. Vertes -- 5-HT neurons and central CO 2 chemoreception / Carolin I. Dohle and George B. Richerson --Section 3: Serotonin and behavioural control -- Serotonin and development / Patricia M. Whitaker-Azmitia -- Serotonin and basal sensory : motor control / Robert J. Carey -- Role of the serotonergic system in appetite and ingestion control / Michelle D. Lee and Peter G. Clifton -- Serotonin and sexual behavior / Lynda Uphouse and Jutatip Guptarak -- Serotonin in mood and emotion / Julie G. Hensler -- Serotonin and the neurobiology of anxious states / Christopher A. Lowry and Matthew W. Hale -- Role of Serotonin in Brain Reward and Regulation of Alcohol Drinking Behavior / W. J. McBride -- Role of central serotonin in impulsivity and compulsivity : Comparative studies in experimental animals and humans / TW Robbins & MJ Crockett -- Experimental studies on the role(s) of serotonin in learning and memory functions / Jean-Christophe Cassel -- Social behavior and serotonin / Elif Aysimi Duman and Turhan Canli -- Serotonin in pain and pain control / Claudia Sommer -- Section 4: Serotonin in disease conditions --The Impact of Stress on Serotonergic Neurotransmission / Astrid C.E. Linthorst and Johannes M.H.M. Reul -- Role for serotonin in depression / Gregory V. Carr and Irwin Lucki -- The role of serotonin in drug addiction / Christian P. M ller, Martin E. Pum, Gunter Schumann and Joseph P. Huston -- The serotonergic system in obsessive compulsive disorders / Addy van Dijk, Andre Klompmakers, and Damiaan Denys --The role of serotonin in attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) / Robert D. Oades -- Serotonin and schizophrenia / Boris B. Quednow, Mark A. Geyer, and Adam L. Halberstadt -- Serotonin and serotonin receptors in hallucinogen action / Adam L. Halberstadt and David E. Nichols -- The role of serotonin in cortical development : implications for Autism Spectrum Disorder [ASD] / Christine F. Hohmann and Mary E. Blue -- Serotonin in panic and anxiety disorders / Francisco Silveira Guimar es, H lio Zangrossi Jr., Cristina Marta Del Ben and Frederico Guilherme Graeff -- Serotonin and agression / Isabel M. Quadros, Aki Takahashi and Klaus A. Miczek -- Altered serotonin function in anorexia and bulimia nervosa / Vikas Duvvuri, Ursula F Bailer and Walter H Kaye -- Genetic, epigenetic, and environmental factors in serotonin associated disease conditions / Eva Friedel & Andreas Heinz -- The Behavioral Genetics of Serotonin : Relevance to Anxiety and Depression / Olivia F. O'Leary and John F. Cryan -- Functional pharmacogenetics of serotonin receptors in psychiatric drug action / Olga O. Yevtushenko, Gavin P. Reynolds.
- Handbook of the biology of aging. 6th ed. 2006, ScienceDirect
- Handbook of the cerebellum and cerebellar disorders 2013, Springersec. 1. Cerebellar development -- sec. 2. Anatomy, connections and neuroimaging of the cerebellum -- sec. 3. Neurotransmission, neuromodulation, physiology -- sec. 4. Computational models of cerebellar function -- sec. 5. Animal models to study cerebellar function -- sec. 6. Symptoms of cerebellar disorders in humans -- sec. 7. Cerebellar disorders
- Handbook of the psychology of aging. 6th ed. 2006, ScienceDirectConcepts, theory, and methods in the psychology of aging -- Biological and social influences on aging and behavior -- Behavioral processes and aging -- Complex behavioral concepts and processes in aging.
- Pt. 1. Theoretical perspectives -- pt. 2 Key issues: medical students and medical knowledge -- pt. 3. Medical education in national contexts.
- Handbook of Therapeutic biomarkers in cancer 2013, CRCnetBASE1. Overview : therapeutic biomarkers in cancer / Sherry X. Yang and Janet E. Dancey -- 2. Statistical considerations in the development and evaluation of therapeutic biomarkers in cancer / Lisa M. McShane, Edward L. Korn, and Boris Freidlin -- 3. Role of biomarkers in clinical development of cancer therapies / Helen X. Chen -- 4. HER-2 as a prognostic and predictive biomarker in cancer / Suparna B. Wedam and Stanley Lipkowitz -- 5. Hormone receptors and endocrine therapy in breast cancer / Sherry X. Yang -- 6. Predictive biomarkers for epidermal growth factor receptor agents in non-small cell lung cancer / John Hilton, Penelope A. Bradbury, and Janet Dancey -- 7. Markers of sensitivity and resistance to EGFR inhibitors in colorectal cancer / Jose G. Monzon and Janet Dancey -- 8. Targeting BCR-ABL for molecular therapy of chronic myelogenous leukemia / Shamudheen Rafiyath, Guoqing Wei, and Delong Liu -- 9. Gastrointestinal stromal tumors : from molecular pathogenesis to therapy / Joaquina Baranda, Rashna Madan, and Andrew K. Godwin -- 10. PML/RARa fusion gene and response to retinoic acid and arsenic trioxide treatment / Alicja M. Gruszka and Myriam Alcalay -- 11. Dihydropyrimidine dehydrogenase deficiency and 5-fluorouracil toxicity -- 12. UGT1A1 polymorphisms and mutations lead to irinotecan-induced toxicity / K.M. Reece and W.D. Figg -- 13. The 21-gene recurrence score and benefit of chemotherapy in estrogen receptor-positive breast cancer / Petra Rietschel and Joseph A. Sparano -- 14. Mammaprint for individualized recurrence risk assessment and treatment recommendations for early-stage breast cancer patients / Sonal J. Desai and Tianhong Li -- 15. BRCA mutation and PARP inhibitors / Marcie K. Weil ... [et al.] -- 16. EML4-ALK fusion gene and therapy with ALK-targeted agents in non-small cell lung cancer / Vimal Patel and Biren Saraiya -- 17. BRAF-targeted therapy in metastatic melanoma / Noori Kim and April Deng.
- Handbook of thermal analysis and calorimetry v. 1-5, 1998-2008., ScienceDirectAs a new field of interdisciplinary macromolecular science and engineering, polymeric materials will have a profound presence in 21st century chemical, pharmaceutical, biomedical, manufacturing, infrastructure, electronic, optical and information technologies. The origin of this field derived from an area of polymer science and engineering encompassing plastic technologies. The field is rapidly expanding to incorporate new interdisciplinary research areas such as biomaterials, macromolecular biology, novel macromolecular structures, environmental macromolecular science and engineering, innovative and nano-fabrications of products, and is translating discoveries into technologies.
- Handbook of thin-layer chromatography. 3rd ed., rev. and expanded. 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of thromboprophylaxis. 2nd ed. 2011, Springer
- Handbook of topical antimicrobials 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of toxicologic pathology. 2nd ed. 2002, ScienceDirect
- Handbook of toxicology of chemical warfare agents. 1st ed. 2009, ScienceDirect
- Handbook of toxicology. 2nd ed. 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of transcription factor NF-kappaB 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of transcription factors 2011, SpringerIntroduction to "a handbook of transcription factors" / T.R. Hughes -- An overview of prokaryotic transcription factors : a summary of function and occurrence in bacterial genomes / A.S. Seshasayee, K. Sivaraman and N.M. Luscombe -- A catalogue of eukaryotic transcription factor types, their evolutionary origin, and species distribution / M.T. Weirauch and T.R. Hughes -- Function and evolution of C2H2 zinc finger arrays / L. Stubbs, Y. Sun and D. Caetano-Anolles -- Homeodomain subtypes and functional diversity / T.R. Burglin -- Nuclear receptors : Small molecule sensors that coordinate growth, metabolism and reproduction / K. Pardee, A.S. Necakov and H. Krause -- Methods for analysis of transcription factor DNA-binding specificity in vitro / A. Jolma and J. Taipale -- Identification of transcription factor-DNA interactions in vivo / D.T. Odom -- How transcription factors identify regulatory sites in genomic sequence / Y. Field, E. Sharon and E. Segal -- Transcription factor binding sites and other features in human and Drosophila proximal promoters / C. Vinson, R. Chatterjee and P. Fitzgerald -- Interactions of transcription factors with chromatin / H. van Bakel -- Transcription factor effector domains / S. Frietze and P.J. Farnham -- Large-scale nuclear architecture and transcriptional control / J.M. Vaquerizas, A. Akhtar and N.M. Luscombe.
- Handbook of transdisciplinary research 2008, Springer
- Handbook of transfusion medicine 2001, ScienceDirect
- Handbook of urban health 2005, SpringerUrban health: population, methods, and practice / Sandro Galea and David Vlahov -- Homeless people / Stephen W. Hwang and James R. Dunn -- Health of economically deprived populations in cities / Patricia O'Campo and Michael Yonas -- Racial/ethnic minority and health: the role of the urban environment / Luisa N. Borrell and Stephani L. Hatch -- Sexual minority groups and urban health / Ruth Finkelstein and Julie Netherland -- Health and health access among urban immigrants / Sana Loue and Nancy Mendez -- The urban environment, drug use, and health / Danielle Ompad and Crystal Fuller -- The health of children in cities / M. Chris Gibbons ... [et al.] -- Older adults: guardians of our cities / Linda Fried and Jeremy Barron -- The health of urban populations in developing countries: an overview / Mark R. Montgomery and Alex C. Ezeh -- Perspectives on the health of urban populations in Nepal / Tej Kumar Karki -- Integrative chapter: the health of urban populations / The editors -- An anthropological perspective on urban health / Frances K. Barg and Jane Kauer -- Epidemiology and urban health research / Sandro Galea and David Vlahov -- Design and analysis of group (or neighborhood) level urban studies / Donald Hoover --Health services research in the city / Michael K. Gusmano and Victor G. Rodwin -- Urban health in developing countries: insights from demographic theory and practice / Mark R. Montgomery and Alex C. Ezeh -- Urban sociology and research methods on neighborhoods and health / Joseph A. Soares -- Bridging the gap between urban health and urban planning / Marlon G. Boarnet and Lois M. Takahashi -- Environmental health studies: environmental health methods for urban health / Jonathan M. Samet and Joseph H. Abraham -- Cost-effectiveness analysis for urban health research / Ahmed M. Bayoumi -- Integrative chapter: multi-disciplinary work and the study of urban health / The editors -- Building healthy cities: a focus on interventions -- Building healthy cities: the World Health Organization perspective / Roderick J. Lawrence -- Building healthy cities: legal frameworks and consideratons / Wendy C. Peraue -- Teaching urban health / Nicholas Freudenberg and Susan Klitzman -- Strategies that promote health in cities /a local health department's perspective / Mary T. Bassett ... [et al.] -- Providing health services to marginalized urban populations / Anita Palepu and Mark W. Tyndall -- Integrative chapters: teaching and practice for promoting health in cities / The editors.
- Handbook of urology. 3rd ed. 2004, Ovid
- Handbook of vitamins. 4th ed. 2007, CRCnetBASEVitamin A: nutritional aspects of retinoids and carotenoids / A. Catharine Ross and Earl H. Harrison -- Vitamin D / Anthony W. Norman -- Vitamin K / John W. Suttie -- Vitamin E / Maret G. Traber -- Bioorganic mechanisms important to coenzyme functions / Donald B. McCormick -- Niacin / James B. Kirkland -- Riboflavin (vitamin B2) / Richard S. Rivlin -- Thiamine / Chris J. Bates -- Pantothenic acid / Robert B. Rucker and Kathryn Bauerly -- Vitamin B6 / Shyamala Dakshinamurti and Krishnamurti Dakshinamurti -- Biotin / Donald M. Mock -- Folic acid / Lynn B. Bailey -- Cobalamin (vitamin B12) / Ralph Green and Joshua W. Miller -- Choline / Timothy A. Garrow -- Ascorbic acid / Carol S. Johnston -- Vitamin-dependent modifications of chromatin: epigenetic events and genomic stability / James B. Kirkland ... [et al.] -- Accelerator mass spectrometry in the study of vitamins and mineral metabolism / Fabiana Fonseca de Moura, Betty Jane Burri, and Andrew J. Clifford -- Dietary reference intakes for vitamins / Suzanne P. Murphy and Susan I. Barr.
- Handbook of water analysis. 2nd ed. 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of water and wastewater microbiology 2003, ScienceDirect
- Handbook of work disability 2013, SpringerAs work is recognized as beneficial to people's well-being, its absence is being considered in greater detail. Increasingly, work disability is being understood as a public health issue, and work disability prevention is gaining strength as an aspect of occupational health.The Handbook of Work Disability overviews this emerging field in accessible and practical fashion. This timely volume offers current theory for understanding the determinants of work disability (regardless of illness or injury that keeps individuals from the workplace), and a template for interventions that benefit both patient and other stakeholders. Experts across multiple fields examine the lives of work disabled patients, analyze the societal and workplace burden of work disability, and review bedrock concepts of the disability and its prevention. Featuring assessment tools, evidence-based intervention strategies, and insights into disorder-specific populations, this is information useful to the practicing clinician, the researcher, and the trainee. Included in the Handbook: Pain, chronicity, and disability.Measuring outcomes in work disability prevention.The influence of care providers on work disability. Psychosocial factors for disability and return to work.Core components of return-to-work interventions.Plus issue-specific chapters on low back pain, TBI, mental illness, and cancer. The Handbook of Work Disability is a definitive reference for psychologists, therapists, and rehabilitation professionals, as well as administrators, researchers, and students.
- Handbook of X-ray spectrometry. 2nd ed., rev. and expanded. 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of zeolite science and technology 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook on analyzing human genetic data 2010, Springer
- Handbook on animal-assisted therapy. 2nd ed. 2006, ScienceDirectThe original edition was the first book to provide a comprehensive overview of the ways in which animals can assist therapists with treatment of specific populations, and/or in specific settings. The second edition continues in this vein, with 7 new chapters plus substantial revisions of continuing chapters as the research in this field has grown. New coverage includes: Animals as social supports, Use of AAT with Special Needs students, the role of animals in the family- insights for clinicians, and measuring the animal-person bond. Also features contributions from veterinarians, animal trainers, psychologists, and social workers as well as guidelines and best practices for using animals as therapeutic companions, and addresses specific types of patients and environmental situations. From publisher description.
- Handbook on cerebral artery dissection 2005., KargerAnimal models of cervical artery dissection / Okamoto, T., Miyachi, S., Yoshida, J. -- Epidemiology of cervical artery dissection / Schievink, W.I., Roiter, V. -- Association of cervical artery dissection with connective tissue abnormalities in skin and arteries / Brandt, T., Morcher, M., Hausser, I. -- Genetic approaches in the study of risk factors for cervical artery dissection / Grond-Ginsbach, C., Debette, S., Pezzini, A. -- Environmental factors and cervical artery dissection / Caso, V., Paciaroni, M., Bogousslavsky, J. -- Traumatic cervical artery dissection / Nedeltchev, K., Baumgartner, R.W. -- Vasodilation in spontaneous cervical artery dissection / Lucas, C., Leys, D. -- Clinical manifestations of carotid dissection / Baumgartner, R.W., Bogousslavsky, J. --Clinical manifestations of vertebral artery dissection / Arnold, M., Bousser, M.-G. -- Ultrasound assessment of cervical artery dissection / Benninger, D.H., Caso, V., Baumgartner, R.W. -- Magnetic resonance imaging, magnetic resonance and catheter angiography for diagnosis of cervical artery dissection / Paciaroni, M., Caso, V., Agnelli, G. -- Computed tomography angiography for the evaluation of carotid artery dissections / Taschner, C.A. ... [et al.] -- Prognosis of cervical artery dissection / Touz, E. ... [et al.] -- Thrombolysis in cervical artery dissection / Georgiadis, D., Baumgartner, R.W. -- Antithrombotic therapy for cervical artery dissection / Engelter, S., Lyrer, P. -- Intracranial dissections / Chen, M., Caplan, L.
- Handbook on cerebral venous thrombosis 2008, KargerAnatomy of cerebral veins and sinuses -- Epidemiology of cerebral vein and sinus thrombosis / Agnelli, G., Verso, M. -- Risk factors of cerebral vein and sinus thrombosis / de Freitas, G.R., Bogousslavsky, J. -- Thrombophilia and cerebral vein thrombosis / Iorio, A. ... [et al.] -- Clinical presentations of cerebral vein and sinus thrombosis / Paciaroni, M., Palmerini, F., Bogousslavsky, J. -- Headache and cerebral vein and sinus thrombosis / Alberti, A., Venti, M., Biagini, S. -- Radiological diagnosis of cerebral venous thrombosis / Selim, M., Caplan, L.R. -- Role of ultrasound in diagnosis and management of cerebral vein and sinus thrombosis / Stolz, E.P. -- Cerebral venous thrombosis in newborns, infants and children / Yager, J.Y. ... [et al.] -- Treatment of cerebral venous and sinus thrombosis / Masuhr, F. -- Interventional neuroradiology in the treatment of cerebral venous thrombosis / Caso, V., Billeci, A.M.R., Leys, D. -- Complications of cerebral vein and sinus thrombosis / Ferro, J.M., Canhao, P. -- Long-term prognosis of cerebral vein and sinus thrombosis / Lindgren, A.
- Handbook on clostridia 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook on drowning 2005, Springer
- Handbook on firesetting in children and youth 2002, ScienceDirect
- Handbook on hyperbaric medicine 2006, Springer
- Handbook on immunosenescence 2009, Springer
- Commercial drug monographs -- Drugs available outside United States -- Appendix I: Parenteral nutrition formulas .
- Handbook on injectable drugs. 17th ed. Lane Catalog record
- In many countries, shortage and maldistribution of trained health workers is one of the most important constraints to strengthening the delivery of primary and other health services, including curative, promotional, preventive and rehabilitative services. At the same time, many countries currently lack the technical capacity to accurately monitor their own health workforce: data are often unreliable and out-of-date, common definitions and proven analytical tools are absent, skills and experience for assessing crucial policy issues are lacking. This handbook aims to strengthen that technical capacity. It offers health managers, researchers and policy makers a comprehensive and standard reference for monitoring and evaluating human resources for health. It brings together an analytical framework with strategy options for improving the health workforce information and evidence base, as well as country experiences to highlight approaches that have worked. This handbook is the result of a collaborative effort between the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), the World Bank and the World Health Organization (WHO).
- Handbook on neurovascular ultrasound 2006, KargerPhysical and technical principles / Evans, D.H. -- Arterial wall imaging / Devuyst, G., Piechowski-Jóźwiak, B., Bogousslavsky, J. -- Endothelial function testing / Csiba, L. -- Atherosclerotic carotid stenosis and occlusion / Sitzer, M. -- Ultrasound diagnostics of the vertebrobasilar system / von Büdingen, H.-C., Staudacher, T., von Büdingen, H.J. -- Ultrasound diagnosis of cervical artery dissection / Benninger, D.H., Baumgartner, R.W. -- Intracranial dural arteriovenous and carotid-cavernous fistulae and paragangliomas / Gandjour, J., Baumgartner, R.W. -- Takayasu and temporal arteritis / Schmidt, W.A. -- Transcranial insonation / Baumgartner, R.W. -- Intracranial stenoses and occlusions, and circle of Willis collaterals / Baumgartner, R.W. -- Acute stroke: perfusion imaging / Seidel, G., Meyer-Wiethe, K. -- Sonothrombolysis: experimental evidence / Daffertshofer, M., Hennerici, M. --Acute stroke: therapeutic transcranial Doppler sonography / Mikulik, R., Alexandrov, A.V. -- Acute stroke: therapeutic transcranial color duplex sonography / Eggers, J. -- Cerebral aneurysms and arteriovenous malformations / Klötzsch, C., Harrer, J.U. -- Cerebral veins and sinuses / Stolz, E. -- Detection of microembolic signals with transcranial Doppler ultrasound / Georgiadis, D., Siebler, M. -- Contrast-enhanced transcranial Doppler ultrasound for diagnosis of patent foramen ovale / Nedeltchev, K., Mattle, H.P. -- Cerebral autoregulation and vasomotor reactivity / Aaslid, R. -- Cerebral circulation monitoring in carotid endarterectomy and carotid artery stenting / Ackerstaff, R.G.A. -- Syncope / Nirkko, A.C., Baumgartner, R.W. -- Functional transcranial Doppler sonography / Lohmann, H., Ringelstein, E.B., Knecht, S. -- Future developments in neurovascular ultrasound / Meairs, S., Hennerici, M.
- Symptomatology -- Theories of stuttering -- Prevalence and incidence -- The person who stutters: central neurological findings -- The person who stutters: motor abilities -- The person who stutters: other physical findings -- The person who stutters: personality -- The person who stutters: cognitive and linguistic abilities -- The person who stutters: developmental history and home environment -- Stuttering as a response -- Stuttering as a response: some controversial phenomena -- Early stuttering and normal disfluency -- Inferences and conclusions -- Treatment.
- Handhelds in medicine 2005, Springer
- Haptics: perception, devices and scenarios 2008, Springer
- Harley's Pediatric ophthalmology. 5th ed. 2005, OvidGenetics of eye disease / Terri L. Young and Leila M. Khazaeni -- Neonatal ophthalmology: ocular development in childhood / Kammi B. Gunton, Leonard B. Nelson, and Scott E. Olitsky -- Retinopathy of prematurity / James D. Reynolds -- The pediatric eye examination / John W. Simon and Nalini K. Aggarwal -- Electrodiagnostic tests of the retina and higher centers / Ronald E. Carr -- Refraction in infants and children / Michael X. Repka -- Ambylopia / Evelyn A. Paysse and David K. Coats -- Sensory adaptations in strabismus / Marshall M. Parks -- Strabismus disorders / Scott E. Olitsky and Leonard B. Nelson -- Surgical management of strabismus / Rudolph S. Wagner -- Conjunctival diseases / Cintia F. Gomi ... [et al.] -- Diseases of the cornea / Christopher J. Rapuano and Peter R. Laibson -- Pediatric cataracts and lens anomalies / Derek B. Hess, Rachel A. Tesser, and Edward G. Buckley -- Glaucoma in infants and children / Sharon F. Freedman and David S. Walton -- Uveitis in children / Conrad L. Giles, Antonio Capone Jr., and Mandar M. Joshi -- Diseases of the retina and vitreous / Eric D. Weichel ... [et al.] -- Congenital abnormalities of the optic disc / Gary C. Brown and Melissa M. Brown -- Disorders of the lacrimal apparatus in infancy and childhood / Deborah K. VanderVeen -- Pediatric eyelid disorders / Forrest J. Ellis -- Disorders of the orbit / Daniel P. Schaefer -- Ocular tumors of childhood / Jerry A. Shields and Carol L. Shields -- The systemic hamartomatoses ("phakomatoses") / Jerry A. Shields and Carol L. Shields -- Ocular abnormalities in childhood metabolic disorders / Avery H. Weiss -- Pediatric neuro-ophthalmology / Robert C. Sergott and Denise Hug -- Nystagmus / Mitchell B. Strominger -- Ocular trauma and its prevention / Robert A. Catalano -- Role of the ophthalmologist in learning disorders / Harold P. Koller and Kenneth B. Goldberg -- Working with visually impaired children and their families / Marilyn A. Moller with Rose D. Skolnick -- Medicolegal issues in pediatric ophthalmology / Edward L. Raab -- The evolution of strabismus surgery / Norman B. Medow.
- Harmful cyanobacteria 2005, Springer1. Harmful cyanobacteria : from mass mortalities to management measures / G.A. Codd ... [et al.] -- 2. Molecular biology of cyanobacterial toxins: genetic basis of microcystin production / T. Börner & E. Dittmann -- 3. Dynamics of cyanobacterial toxins: sources of variability in microcystin concentrations / W.E.A. Kardinaal & P.M. Visser -- 4. Nutrient limitation of freshwater cyanobacteria: tools to monitor phosphorus limitation at the individual level / M. Dignum ... [et al.] -- 5. Nutrient limitation of marine cyanobacteria: molecular ecology of nitrogen limitation in an oligotrophic sea / A.F. Post -- 6. The ecophysiology of the harmful cyanobacteriam microcystis: features explaining its success and measures for its control / P.M. Visser ... [et al.] -- 7. Population dynamics of harmful cyanobacteria: factors affecting species composition / J. Huisman & F.D. Hulot -- 8. Optical detection of cyanobacterial blooms: shipboard observation and remote sensing / H.J. Gons ... [et al.] -- 9. Water safety plans: a better approach to prevent human exposure to harmful cyanobacteria / I. Chorus.
- Harming future persons 2009, SpringerA collection of essays that investigates the obligations we have in respect of future persons, from our own future offspring to distant future generations. It offers different understandings of the nonidentity problem and evaluates an array of proposed solutions to it. It is suitable for philosophers, legal scholars, bioethicists and students.
- Harmonization Project document v. 1-6, 8, 2004-08, 2010., WHOno. 2 (2005) WHOno. 3 (2005) WHOno. 4 (2007) WHOno. 5 (2008) WHOno. 6 (2008) WHOno. 8 (2010) WHOThe International Programme on Chemical Safety (IPCS) (WHO/ILO/UNEP) is leading a project to harmonize approaches to the assessment of risk from exposure to chemicals. The goal of this project is to globally harmonize approaches to risk assessment by increasing understanding and developing basic principles and guidance on specific chemical risk assessment issues. Harmonization enables efficient use of resources and consistency among assessments.--Website.
- Harper's Illustrated biochemistry 2012 (29th ed.)., AccessMedicine
- Harriet Lane handbook. 19th ed. 2012, MD Consult
- Harrison's Online AccessMedicine, Latest edition onlyIncludes the complete contents of the latest online version of Harrison's Principles of internal medicine as well as updates and links to related material.
- Harrison's Online self-assessment and board review. 17th ed. 2008, AccessMedicine
- Harrison's Principles of internal medicine. 16th ed. v. 1-2, 2005.
- Harrison's Principles of internal medicine. 17th ed. v. 1-2, 2008.Introduction to clinical medicine -- Cardinal manifestations and presentation of diseases -- Genetics and disease -- Regenerative medicine -- Nutrition -- Oncology and hematology -- Infectious diseases -- Bioterrorism and clinical medicine -- Disorders of the cardiovascular system -- Disorders of the respiratory system -- Critical care medicine -- Disorders of the kidney and urinary tract -- Disorders of the gastrointestinal system -- Disorders of the immune system, connective tissue, and joints -- Endocrinology and metabolism -- Neurologic disorders -- Poisoning, drug overdose, and envenomation -- E-chapters from international advisory editors.
- Harrison's Principles of internal medicine. 18th ed. 2012, AccessMedicineIntroduction to clinical medicine -- Cardinal manifestations and presentation of diseases -- Genes, the environment, and disease -- Regenerative medicine -- Aging -- Nutrition -- Oncology and hematology -- Infectious diseases -- Terrorism and clinical medicine -- Disorders of the cardiovascular system -- Disorders of the respiratory system -- Critical care medicine -- Disorders of the kidney and urinary tract -- Disorders of the gastrointestinal system -- Disorders of the joints and adjacent tissues -- Endocrinology and metabolism -- Neurologic disorders -- Poisoning, drug overdose, and envenomation -- High-altitude and decompression sickness.
- Harrison's Principles of internal medicine. Self-assessment and board review. 17th ed. 2008, AccessMedicine
- Haschek and Rousseaux's handbook of toxicologic pathology. Third edition. 2013, ScienceDirect
- Hawley's Condensed chemical dictionary. 14th ed. 2002, KnovelAbbreviations -- Condensed chemical dictionary -- Appendix I: Origin of some chemical terms -- Appendix II: Highlights in the history of chemistry -- Appendix III: Manufacturers of trademarked products (alphabetical list).
- Hayes' Handbook of pesticide toxicology. 3rd ed. v. 1-2, 2010, ScienceDirectThe Handbook of Pesticide Toxicology is a comprehensive, two-volume reference guide to the properties, effects, and regulation of pesticides that provides the latest and most complete information to researchers investigating the environmental, agricultural, veterinary, and human-health impacts of pesticide use. Written by international experts from academia, government, and the private sector, the Handbook of Pesticide Toxicology is an in-depth examination of critical issues related to the need for, use of, and nature of chemicals used in modern pest management. This updated third edition carries on the book's tradition of serving as the definitive reference on pesticide toxicology and recognizes the seminal contribution of Wayland J. Hayes, Jr., co-Editor of the first edition. Feature: Presents a comprehensive look at all aspects of pesticide toxicology in one reference work. Benefit: Saves researchers time in quickly accessing the very latest definitive details on toxicity of specific pesticides as opposed to searching through thousands of journal articles. Feature: Clear exposition of hazard identification and dose response relationships in each chapter featuring pesticide agents and actions Benefit: Connects the experimental laboratory results to real-life applications in human health, animal health and the environment. Feature: All major classes of pesticide considered. Benefit: Provides relevance to a wider variety of researchers who are conducting comparative work in pesticides or their health impacts. Feature: Different routes of exposure critically evaluated. Benefit: Connects the loop between exposure and harmful affects to those who are researching the affects of pesticides on humans or wildlife.
- Hazardous laboratory chemicals disposal guide. 3rd ed. 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Hazardous materials chemistry for emergency responders. 2nd ed. 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Hazardous substances and human health 2006, ScienceDirect
- Hazzard's Geriatric medicine and gerontology. 6th ed. 2009, AccessMedicineBiology of aging and longevity -- Genetics of age-dependent human disease -- Immunology and aging -- Inflammation and aging -- Demography and epidemiology -- International gerontology -- Psychosocial aspects of aging -- General principles of pharmacology -- Preventive gerontology: strategies for optimizing health across the life span -- Evaluation, management, and decision making with the older patient -- Principles of geriatric assessment -- Mental status and neurological examination in older adults -- Assessment of decisional capacity and competencies -- Principles of screening in older adults -- Health care system -- Transitions -- Acute hospital care -- Emergency department care -- Critical care -- Subacute care -- Nursing facility care -- Community-based long-term care and home care -- Rural aging -- Appropriate approach to prescribing -- Complementary and alernative medicine -- Team care -- Social work -- Self-management of health behavior in geriatric medicine -- Rehabilitation -- Pain management -- Palliative care -- Legal issues -- Spirituality -- Ethical issues -- Perioperative evaluation and management -- Anesthesia -- Surgical outcomes -- Nutrition and aging -- Weight and age: paradoxes and conundrums -- Malnutrition and enteral/parenteral alimentation -- Disorders of swallowing -- Oral cavity -- Assessment and rehabilitation of older adults with low vision -- Age-related changes in the auditory system -- Sex and gender across the human life span -- Menopause and midlife health changes -- Sexuality, sexual function, and the aging woman -- Gynecologic disorders -- Sexuality, sexual function, androgen therapy, and the aging male -- Benign prostate disorders -- Aging and homeostatic regulation -- Frailty -- Delirium -- Falls -- Sleep disorders -- Dizziness -- Syncope -- Pressure ulcers -- Incontinence -- Elder mistreatment -- Cellular and neurochemical aspects of the aging human brain -- Cognitive changes associated with normal and pathological aging -- Psychoactive drug therapy -- Cerebrovascular disease -- Dementia including Alzheimer's disease --Parkinson's disease and related disorders -- Other neurodegenerative disorders -- Traumatic brain injury -- Epilepsy -- Late-life mood disorders -- Schizophrenia -- General topics in geriatric psychiatry -- Management of agitation in dementia -- Effects of aging on cardiovascular structure and function -- Aging and atherosclerosis -- Coronary heart disease -- Valvular heart disease -- Heart failure -- Cardiac arrhythmias -- Peripheral vascular disease -- Hypertension -- Aging of the respiratory system -- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease -- Diffuse parenchymal lung disease -- Changes in kidney function -- Renal disease -- End-stage renal disease -- Disorders of fluid balance -- Effect of aging on gastrointestinal function -- Hepatic, biliary, and pancreatic disease -- Upper gastrointestinal disorders -- Common large intestinal disorders -- Constipation -- Oncology and aging: general principles -- Breast disease -- Prostate cancer -- Lung cancer -- Gastrointestinal malignancies -- Intracranial neoplasms -- Skin cancer -- Aging of the hematopoietic system -- Anemia -- White cell disorders -- Non-Hodgkin's and Hodgkin's lymphomas and myeloma -- Thrombosis -- Hemorrhagic disorders -- Aging of the endocrine system and selected endocrine disorders -- Thyroid diseases -- Diabetes mellitus -- Dyslipoproteinemia -- Hyperparathyroidism and Paget's disease of bone -- Aging of the muscles and joints -- Biomechanics of mobility -- Exercise: physiologic and functional effects -- Mobility -- Osteoarthritis -- Osteoporosis -- Hip fractures -- Myopathy, polymyalgia rheumatica, and temporal arteritis -- Rheumatoid arthritis and other autoimmune diseases -- Back pain and spinal stenosis -- Primary considerations in managing the older patient with foot problems -- Fibromyalgia and myofascial pain syndromes -- Infection in the elderly -- General principles of antimicrobial selection -- Pneumonia -- Urinary tract infections -- Human immunodeficiency virus infection -- Herpes zoster -- Influenza and respiratory syncytial virus.
- Information derived from the 2006 HCUP Nationwide Inpatient Sample of 1,000 hospitals. Includes an overview of inpatient stays, stays by diagnosis, procedures, spending for inpatient hospital stays, and priority conditions (cancer, asthma, childbirth, arthritis and depression).
- HCV infection and cryoglobulinemia 2012, Springer
- HDL handbook. 1st ed. 2010, ScienceDirectChapter 1. Role of Phospholipid Transfer Protein in HDL Remodeling and Atherosclerosis / Hiroaki Hattori -- Chapter 2. The Role of Cholesteryl Ester Transfer Protein (CETP) in HDL Metabolism / Neil J. Hime -- Chapter 3. Plasma Cholesteryl Ester Transfer Protein (CETP) in Relation to Human Pathophysiology / Akihiro Inazu -- Chapter 4. HDL and Reverse Cholesterol Transport: Physiological Modulation / Giovanna Catalano, Maryse Guerin -- Chapter 5. Serum Paraoxonase (PON1) and its Interactions with HDL: Relationship between PON1 and Oxidative Stress / Jelena Vekic, Jelena Kotur-Stevuljevic, Aleksandra Zeljkovic, Aleksandra Stefanovic, Zorana Jelic-Ivanovic, Slavica Spasic, Vesna Spasojevic-Kalimanovska -- Chapter 6. Paraoxonase-1 and its Interactions with HDL: Molecular Structures of PON1 and HDL / Daniel Rochu, Eric Chabrière, Patrick Masson -- Chapter 7. Apolipoprotein A-I Mutations / Akira Matsunaga, Yoshinari Uehara, Bo Zhang, Keijiro Saku -- Chapter 8. The Scavenger Receptor Class B Type I: An HDL Receptor Involved in Lipid Transport and HDL Dependent Signaling / Aishah Al-Jarallah, Rachelle Brunet, Bernardo Trigatti -- Chapter 9. HDL Mimetic Peptides: Novel Therapeutic Strategies for the Treatment of Inflammatory Vascular Disease / C. Roger White, G.M. Anantharamaiah, Geeta Datta -- Chapter 10. Sterol Efflux by ABCA1 and ABCG1 / Naoki Terasaka -- Chapter 11. Functional Change in the HDL Particle by Oxidative Modification and its Contribution to Atherogenesis / Toshiyuki Matsunaga, Akira Hara, Tsugikazu Komoda -- Chapter 12. Preβ1-HDL, a Native Lipid-poor HDL, and its Potential as a New Marker for HDL Metabolism / Takashi Miida, Satoshi Hirayama -- Chapter 13. Determination of Circulating Native and Denaturated HDL Concentrations and its Clinical Implications / Takanari Nakano, Makoto Seo, Tsugikazu Komoda.
- Head & neck surgery--otolaryngology. 4th ed. 2006, Ovid
- Head and neck cancer 2011, SpringerEpidemiology and Aetiology of Head and Neck Cancers -- Head and Neck Cancer Prevention -- Cellular and Molecular Pathology of Head and Neck Tumors -- Oncogenomics/Proteomics of Head and Neck Cancers -- Genetics and Epigenetics of Head and Neck Cancer -- Immunology of Head and Neck Cancer -- HPV and EBV in Head and Neck Cancer -- Head and Neck Cancer Staging and Prognosis: Perspectives of the UICC and the AJCC -- Biomarkers in Head and Neck Cancer -- Hypoxia in Head and Neck Cancers: Clinical Relevance and Treatment -- Translational Research in Head and Neck Oncology -- Preclinical Models of Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma -- Morphologic Investigations in Head and Neck Cancer -- Ultrasound Investigations in Head and Neck Cancer Patients -- Functional Imaging -- Sentinel Node Biopsy for Head and Neck Cancer -- Approaches to Supportive Care -- Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy for Head and Neck Cancer -- Principles of Systemic Chemotherapy for Squamous Cell Head and Neck Cancer -- Molecular Targeted Therapies in Head and Neck Cancer -- Phase I Study Methodology in Head and Neck Oncology -- Evidence-Based Head and Neck Oncology: Principles and Pitfalls -- Programs of Organ and Function Preservation -- Multidisciplinary Approach of Unresectable Head and Neck Cancer -- Laser Endoscopic Treatment -- Multidisciplinary Management of Skull Base and Superstructure Tumors.Multidisciplinary Management of Oral Cavity and Maxillary Sinus Cancers -- Cancers of the Larynx: Tis, T1, T2 Evaluation and Management -- Multidisciplinary Management of Oropharynx Carcinomas -- Multidisciplinary Management of Hypopharyngeal Carcinoma -- Cancers of the Larynx: Tis, T1, T2 Evaluation and Management -- Diagnosis and Multidisciplinary Treatment of Laryngeal Cancers -- Principles and New Approaches in Surgical Reconstruction -- Multidisciplinary Treatment of the Neck -- Postoperative Management of High-Risk Resectable Head and Neck Cancer -- Management of Salivary Gland Cancer -- Head and Neck Melanoma -- Cervical Lymph Node Metastases of Squamous Cell Carcinoma from an Unknown Primary Site -- Management of Thyroid and Parathyroid Cancers -- Head and Neck Paragangliomas --Treatment of the Elderly Head and Neck Cancer Patient -- Interstitial Radiation Therapy in Cancer of the Oropharynx and Oral Cavity -- Proton Beam Therapy for Head and Neck Cancer -- Normal Tissue Complications and Protection in Head and Neck Cancer Patients -- Rehabilitation of Heavily Treated Head and Neck Cancer Patients -- Salvage Therapy in Head and Neck Cancer Patients -- Systemic Treatment of Recurrent/Metastatic Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Head and Neck -- Best Supportive Care for Palliative Treatment -- Quality of Life in Head and Neck Cancer Patients -- Quality Assurance of Clinical Trials in the Management of Cancer in the Head and Neck.
- Head and neck cancer 2003, ScienceDirect
- Head and neck cancer 2003
- Head and neck cancer imaging 2006, Springer
- Head and neck cancer. 3rd ed. 2009, OvidGeneral principles of management of head and neck cancer --General principles of head and neck pathology /Bruce M. Wenig and Jean-Marc Cohen --Prognostic factors in patients with head and neck cancer /Benjamin D. Smith and Bruce G. Haffty --General clinical evaluation of the head and neck patient /Douglas K. Frank and Roy B. Sessions --Special radiologic imaging considerations in the evaluation of squamous cell cancer of the head and neck /Suresh K. Mukherji --Novel radiation therapy techniques in the management of head and neck cancer /Avraham Eisbruch --Dental oncology and maxillofacial prosthetics /Jack W. Martin, James C. Lemon, and Mark C. Chambers --Total supportive care: nutrition, symptom management, pain, and psychosocial support /Elise Carper, Stewart B. Fleishman, and David Seres --General principles of rehabilitation of speech, voice, and swallowing function after treatment of head and neck cancer /Jan S. Lewin and Katherine A. Hutcheson --Site-specific principles of management of head and neck cancer --Management of the Neck-Surgery --Management of the neck: radiation therapy and chemotherapy /Kenneth S. Hu, Harry Quon, and Louis B. Harrison --Metastatic cancer to the neck from an unknown primary site --Cancer of the oral cavity --Cancer of the oropharynx --Early-stage cancer of the larynx --Advanced stage cancer of the larynx --Cancer of the hypopharynx and cervical esophagus --Cancer of the nasal vestibule, nasal cavity, and paranasal sinus: surgical management /Mark S. Persky and Abtin Tabaee --Cancer of the nasal cavity and paranasal sinus: radiation therapy and chemotherapy management --Cancer of the nasopharynx --Basal and squamous cell skin cancers --Melanoma of the head and neck --Malignant salivary gland tumors --Cancers involving the skull base and temporal bone /Ivo P. Janecka, et. al. --Pargangliomas of the head and neck --Cancer of the thyroid and parathyroid --Soft tissue and bone sarcomas of the head and neck --Cancer of the orbit: surgical management --Cancer of the orbit and ocular structures: radiation therapy and management /Jorge E. Freire, et.al. --Systemic targeted therapy for recurrent and metastatic head and neck cancer /Syed M. Ahmed, Victoria Villaflor, and Ezra E. W. Cohen --Basic science and epidemiology of head and neck cancer --Molecular biology of head and neck cancer /Patrick K. Ha, Joseph A. Califano, and David Sidransky --Molecular and genetic predisposition for the squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck /Qingyi Wei, Kathryn L. Patterson, Erich M. Sturgis, and Margaret R. Spitz --Angiogenesis and metastases in head and neck cancer /Chad E. Galer and Jeffrey N. Myers --Human papillomavirus and prevention and therapy of head and neck cancer /Maura L. Gillison --Chemoprevention of head and neck cancer /Anne Tsao and Vassiliki A. Papadimitrakopoulou.
- Head and neck imaging 2008, Thieme BookSkull base / M. Cohnen, V. Engelbrecht -- Petrous bone / M. Cohnen -- Orbit / M. Cohnen, V. Engelbrecht -- Paranasal sinuses / M. Cohnen -- Pharynx / B. Fritz -- Larynx / K. Andersen -- Oral cavity / B. Fritz -- Salivary glands / K. Andersen -- Soft tissues of the neck / B. Fritz -- Lymph nodes / K. Andersen.
- Head and neck imaging Lane Catalog record
- Head and neck imaging. 4th ed. v. 1-2, 2003.
- Head and Neck Imaging: Case Review Series Lane Catalog record
- Head and neck imaging: Case Review Series. 3rd ed. Lane Catalog record
- Head and neck trauma 2006
- Headache 2011, ScienceDirectChapter 1. Epidemiology of headache / Gian Camillo Manzoni, Lars Jacob Stovner -- Chapter 2. The social impact and burden of headache / Richard B. Lipton, Marcelo E. Bigal -- Chapter 3. Biological sciences related to headache / Toshihiko Shimizu, Norihiro Suzuki -- Chapter 4. Pharmacology / Hayrunnisa Bolay, Paul Durham -- Chapter 5. Biological science of headache channels / Daniela Pietrobon -- Chapter 6. Genetics of headaches / Arn M.J.M. Van Den Maagdenberg, Gisela M. Terwindt, Joost Haan, Rune R. Frants, Michel D. Ferrari -- Chapter 7. The neurobiology of migraine / Andrew Charles, K.C. Brennan -- Chapter 8. Experimental models of migraine / M.G. Buzzi, C. Tassorelli -- Chapter 9. Management of headache patients / Grazia Sances, Teresa Catarci -- Chapter 10. Headache diaries and calendars / Paola Torelli, Rigmor Jensen -- Chapter 11. Implementing the International Classification of Headache Disorders, 2nd edition (ICHD-II) / Timothy J. Steiner, Jes Olesen -- Chapter 12. Triggers of migraine and tension-type headache / Christian Wöber, Çiçek Wöber-Bingöl -- Chapter 13. Acute headache in the emergency department / Dominique Valade, Anne Ducros -- Chapter 14. Therapeutic guidelines for headache / Starr H. Pearlman, David W. Dodick -- Chapter 15. The role of prevention / Stewart J. Tepper -- Chapter 16. Managing migraine associated with sensitization / Rami Burstein, Moshe Jakubowski -- Chapter 17. Botulinum neurotoxin in the treatment of headache disorders / Alexander Mauskop -- Chapter 18. The approach to the difficult patient / Elizabeth Loder -- Chapter 19. Ethical issues in headache management / Timothy J. Steiner -- Chapter 20. The role of lay associations / Audrey Craven -- Chapter 21. Migraine: general aspects / Michael A. Moskowitz, M. Gabriella buzzi -- Chapter 22. Pathophysiology of migraine / Sheena K. Aurora, Vijaya Nagesh -- Chapter 23. Migraine - clinical neurophysiology / Anna Ambrosini, Delphine Magis, Jean Schoenen -- Chapter 24. Migraine: clinical diagnostic criteria / F. Michael Cutrer, Vincent T. Martin -- Chapter 25. Migraine and reproductive life / Rossella E. Nappi, Sarah L. Berga -- Chapter 26. Acute treatment of migraine / J.L. Brandes, T.M. Buchanan, K.M.A. Welch -- Chapter 27. Migraine: preventive treatment / Stephen D. Silberstein -- Chapter 28. Tension-type headache: introduction and diagnostic criteria / Peter Kropp, Georg Egli, Peter S. Sándor -- Chapter 29. Tension-type headache: mechanisms / L. Bendtsen, A. Fumal, J. Schoenen -- Chapter 30. The clinical neurophysiology of tension-type headache / Giorgio Sandrini, Paolo Rossi -- Chapter 31. Treatment of tension-type headache / Rigmor Jensen, Paola Torelli -- Chapter 32. Cluster headache and trigeminal autonomic cephalalgias: general aspects / Giuseppe Nappi, Michael A. Moskowitz --Chapter 33. Pathophysiology of cluster headache and other trigeminal autonomic cephalalgias / Elisabet Waldenlind, Christina Sjöstrand -- Chapter 34. Neuroimaging and clinical neurophysiology in cluster headache and trigeminal autonomic cephalalgias / Lars Friberg, Giorgio Sandrini, Armando Perrotta -- Chapter 35. Cluster headache and other trigeminal autonomic cephalalgias: diagnostic criteria / Ninan T. Mathew -- Chapter 36. Acute and preventive treatment of cluster headache and other trigeminal autonomic cephalgias / Gennaro Bussone, Alan Rapoport -- Chapter 37. Neurostimulation therapy in intractable headaches / Jean Schoenen, Marta Allena, Delphine Magis -- Chapter 38. Other primary headaches - general aspects / Giuseppe Nappi, Giorgio Sandrini -- Chapter 39. Primary stabbing headache / Juan A. Pareja, Ottar Sjaastad -- Chapter 40. Primary cough headache, primary exertional headache, and primary headache associated with sexual activity / Julio Pascual, Andrés González-Mandly, Agustín Oterino, Rubén Martín -- Chapter 41. Hypnic headache / Raffaele Manni, Natascia Ghiotto -- Chapter 42. Primary thunderclap headache / F.H.H. Linn -- Chapter 43. Hemicrania continua / Fabio Antonaci, Ottar Sjaastad -- Chapter 44. New daily persistent headache / Todd D. Rozen -- Chapter 45. Secondary headaches: introduction / Giuseppe Nappi, Michael A. Moskowitz -- Chapter 46. Headache attributed to head or neck trauma / Miguel J.A. Láinez, Anna Piera, Giorgio Bono -- Chapter 47. Headache attributed to stroke, TIA, intracerebral haemorrhage, or vascular malformation / Antonio Carolei, Simona Sacco -- Chapter 48. Headache attributed to arteritis, cerebral venous thrombosis, and other vascular intracranial disturbances / Antonio Carolei, Simona Sacco -- Chapter 49. Headache attributed to carotid or vertebral artery pain / Stefan Evers, Martin Marziniak -- Chapter 50. Headache attributed to non-vascular intracranial disorder / Hans-Christoph Diener, U. Johansson, David W. Dodick -- Chapter 51. Headache attributed to a substance or its withdrawal / Hans-Christoph Diener, Zaza Katsarava, Volker Limmroth -- Chapter 52. Headache attributed to infections: nosography and differential diagnosis / E. Marchioni, L. Minoli -- Chapter 53. Headache attributed to disorders of homeostasis / David W. Dodick, Carlos A. Bordini -- Chapter 54. Headache or facial pain attributed to disorders of cranium, neck, eyes, ears, nose, sinuses, teeth, mouth, or other facial or cranial structures / Steven B. Graff-Radford -- Chapter 55. Headache attributed to psychiatric disorders / Vincenzo Guidetti, Federica Galli, Fred Sheftell -- Chapter 56. Cranial neuralgias / G. Cruccu, L.H. Bonamico, J.M. Zakrzewska -- Chapter 57. Surgical treatment of cranial neuralgias / Angelo Franzini, Paolo Ferroli, Giuseppe Messina, Giovanni Broggi -- Chapter 58. Central pain in the face and head / Jörgen Boivie -- Chapter 59. Chronobiological correlates of primary headaches / Sara Gori, Luigi Murri -- Chapter 60. Headache: endocrinological aspects / Mario Fernando Prieto Peres, Marcelo Moraes ValenÇa -- Chapter 61. Headache in children / Vincenzo Guidetti, Federica Galli, Cristiano Termine -- Chapter 62. Vestibular migraine / Michael Strupp, Maurizio Versino, Thomas Brandt -- Chapter 63. Pharmacological migraine provocation: a human model of migraine / Messoud Ashina, Jakob MØller Hansen -- Chapter 64. Neuroimaging in headache / Margarita Sánchez del Rio, Juan Alvarez-Linera -- Chapter 65. Current and emerging therapies for migraine prevention and treatment / Christian Waeber, Richard Hargreaves.
- Headache 2004
- Headache and chronic pain syndromes 2007, Springer
- Healers abroad 2005, NAPWorkforce and global health -- Confronting HIV/AIDS on the ground -- New routes of engagement against global HIV/AIDS -- Envisioning a U.S. Global Health Service -- Programs of the U.S. Global Health Service -- Forward planning.
- Healing elements 2012, Click LINK above for location/circulation status."Tibetan medicine has come to represent multiple and sometimes conflicting agendas. On the one hand it must retain a sense of cultural authenticity and a connection to Tibetan Buddhism; on the other it must be proven efficacious and safe according to biomedical standards, often through clinical research. Recently, Tibetan medicine has found a place within the multibillion-dollar market for complementary, traditional, and herbal medicines as people around the world seek alternative paths to wellness. Healing Elements explores Tibetan medicine within diverse settings, from rural schools and clinics in the Nepal Himalaya to high-tech factories and state-supported colleges in the People's Republic of China. This multi-sited ethnography explores how Tibetan medicines circulate as commercial goods and gifts, as target therapies, and as panacea for biosocial ills. Through an exploration of efficacy - What does it mean to say Tibetan medicine "works"? - this book illustrates a bio-politics of traditional medicine in the twenty-first century. Healing Elements examines the ways traditional medicine interacts with biomedicine: from patient-healer relationships and the cultural meanings ascribed to affliction, to the wider circumstances in which practitioners are trained, healing occurs, and medicines are made, evaluated, and used. As such, it examines the meaningful, if contested, translations of science and healing that occur across distinct social ecologies"--Provided by publisher.
- Healing journeys 2003
- Healing of America 2010Discusses successful health-care systems worldwide, disproving American myths of "socialized medicine" to find possible paths toward reform.
- Healing presence of art 2012, Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Between birth and death, many of life's most critical moments occur in hospital, and they deserve to take place in surroundings that match their significance. In this spirit, from the early renaissance through to the modern period, artists have made immensely powerful work in hospitals across the western world, enhancing the environments where patients and medical staff strive towards better health.
- Health and modernity 2007, SpringerFrom a theory group to a theory book /Louise Potvin and Laura Balbo --Modernity, public health, and health promotion : a reflexive discourse /Louise Potvin and David V. McQueen --Critical issues in theory for health promotion /David V. McQueen --Cultural capital in health promotion /Thomas Abel --Understanding differentiation of health in late modernity by use of sociological systems theory /Jürgen M. Pelikan --Managing uncertainty through participation /Louise Potvin --Thinking health promotion sociologically /Laura Balbo --Health governance : the health society /Ilona Kickbusch.
- Proportions, rates, and ratios -- Organization, summarization, and presentation of data -- Probability and probability models -- Confidence estimation -- Introduction to hypothesis testing -- Comparison of population proportions -- Comparison of population means -- Regression analysis.
- Health and safety in welding and allied processes. 5th ed. 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Health and treatment strategies in obesity 2006, Karger
- Health and wellness in antiquity through the Middle Ages 2012, Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Factors in health and wellness -- Education and training : learned and non-learned -- Religion and medicine -- Women's health -- Health in infancy, childhood, and old age -- Infectious disease in the premodern world -- Environmental and occupational hazards -- Surgery and manual operations -- The brain and mental disorders -- The apothecary and his pharmacopeia -- War and health -- Institutions and health -- Healing and the arts.
- Tannenbaum gives readers a comprehensive overview picture of medical practices from 1600 to 1800. She covers all aspects of medicine from surgery to the role of religion in healing, and describes the way in which all three cultures in colonial America-- European, African, and Native American-- thought about medicine.
- Health assets in a global context 2010, SpringerRevitalising the public health evidence base: an asset model -- A salutogenic approach to tackling health inequalities -- A theoretical model of assets: the link -- Asset mapping in communities -- Assets based interventions: evaluating and synthesizing evidence of the effectiveness of the assets based approach to health promotion -- Resilience as an asset for healthy development -- How to assess resilience: reflections on a measurement model -- Measuring children's well-being: some problems and possibilities -- The relationship between health assets, social capital and cohesive communities -- Community empowerment and health improvement: the English experience -- Strengthening the assets of women living in disadvantaged situations: the German experience -- Sustainable community-based health and development programs in rural India -- The application and evaluation of an assets-based model in Latin America and the Caribbean: the experience with the healthy settings approach -- Parents and communities' assets to control under-five child malaria in rural Benin, West Africa -- Strengthening asset focused policy making in Hungary -- How forms in social capital can be an asset for promoting health equity -- Internal and external assets and Romanian adolescents' health: an evidence-based approach to health promoting schools policy -- Bringing it all together: the salutogenic response to some of the most pertinent public health dilemmas.
- Part one: Health education and health behavior: the foundations -- The scope of health behavior and health education / The editors -- Theory, research, and practice in health behavior and health education / The editors --Part two: Models of individual health behavior / Barbara K. Rimer -- The health belief model / Victoria L. Champion and Celette Sugg Skinner -- Theory of reasoned action, theory of planned behavior, and the integrated behavioral model / Daniel E. Montaño and Danuta Kasprzyk -- The transtheoretical model and stages of change / James O. Prochaska, Colleen A. Redding, and Kerry E. Evers -- The precaution adoption process model / Neil D. Weinstein, Peter M. Sandman, and Susan J. Blalock -- Perspectives on health behavior theories that focus on individuals / Noel T. Brewer and Barbara K. Rimer --Part three: Models of interpersonal health behavior -- How individuals, environments, and health behaviors interact: social cognitive theory / Alfred L. McAlister, Cheryl L. Perry, and Guy S. Parcel -- Social networks and social support / Catherine A. Heaney and Barbara A. Israel -- Stress, coping, and health behavior / Karen Glanz and Marc D. Schwartz -- Key interpersonal functions and health outcomes: lessons from theory and research on clinician-patient communication / Richard L. Street Jr. and Ronald M. Epstein -- Perspectives on models of interpersonal health behavior / K. Viswanath --Part four: Community and group models of health behavior change / Karen Glanz -- Improving health through community organization and community building / Meredith Minkler, Nina Wallerstein, and Nance Wilson -- Diffusion of innovations / Brian Oldenburg and Karen Glanz -- Mobilizing organizations for health promotion: theories of organizational change / Frances Dunn Butterfoss, Michelle C. Kegler, and Vincent T. Francisco -- Communication theory and health behavior change: the media studies framework / John R. Finnegan Jr. and K. Viswanath -- Perspectives on group, organization, and community interventions / Michelle C. Kegler and Karen Glanz --Part five: Using theory in research and practice -- Using the precede-proceed model to apply health behavior theories / Andrea Carson Gielen ... [et al.] -- Social marketing / J. Douglas Storey, Gary B. Saffitz, and Jose G. Rimón -- Ecological models of health behavior / James F. Sallis, Neville Owen, and Edwin B. Fisher -- Evaluation of theory-based interventions / Russell E. Glasgow and Laura A. Linnan -- Perspectives on using theory: past, present, and future / Karen Glanz and Barbara K. Rimer.
- Health capital and sustainable socioeconomic development 2008, CRCnetBASE
- Health care advocacy 2011, SpringerClinicians and Health Care Advocacy: The Reasons Why -- How Does Federal Health Policy Work? -- Tools and Resources to Build Advocacy Skills -- Opportunities for Advocacy in the Legislative Branch -- The Rules of the Game -- Advocacy in the Executive Branch of Government -- Establishing a Health Policy Strategy at the Association Level -- Building Partnerships and Coalition Advocacy -- State-Level Advocacy -- Local Advocacy for the Health Care Professional -- Clinicians and Health Care Advocacy: What Comes Next?.
- Health care benchmarking and performance evaluation 2008, Springer
- Health care engineering Part I Clinical engineering and technology management [digital] [in process] 2013, AtyponThe first chapter describes the health care delivery systems in Canada and in the U.S. This is followed by examples of various approaches used to measure physiological variables in humans, either for the purpose of diagnosis or monitoring potential disease conditions; a brief description of sensor technologies is included. The function and role of the clinical engineer in managing medical technologies in industrialized and in developing countries are presented. This is followed by a chapter on patient safety (mainly electrical safety and electromagnetic interference); it includes a section on how to minimize liability and how develop a quality assurance program for technology management. The next chapter discusses applications of telemedicine, including technical, social, and ethical issues. The last chapter presents a discussion on the impact of technology on health care and the technology assessment process.
- Health care engineering. Part II, Research and development in the health care environment 2013, AtyponChapter 7 presents some statistics on the occurrence of medical errors and adverse events, and includes some technological solutions. A chapter on electronic medical records follows. The knowledge management process divided into four steps is described; this includes a discussion on data acquisition, storage, and retrieval. The next two chapters discuss the other three steps of the knowledge management process (knowledge discovery, knowledge translation, knowledge integration and sharing). The last chapter briefly discusses usability studies and clinical trials. The two parts consolidate material that supports courses on technology development and management issues in health care institutions. It can be useful for anyone involved in design, development, or research, whether in industry, hospitals, or government.
- Theory of health care ethics -- Principles of health care ethics -- The moral status of gametes and embryos : storage and surrogacy -- The ethical challenges of the new reproductive technology -- Abortion : the unexplored middle ground -- Proposals for human cloning : a review and ethical evaluation -- Competency : what it is, what it isn't and why it matters -- Older people long-term care issues -- Assisted-living and ethics -- Ethical issues in the use of fluids and nutrition : when can they be withdrawn? -- Death, medicine, and moral significance of family decision making -- Ethical issues concerning physician-assisted death -- Healthcare institutional ethics : broader than clinical ethics -- Hospital ethics committees : rules, membership structure, and difficulties -- Bioethical dilemmas in prehospital and emergency care -- Medical technology : blessing or ethics nightmare? -- Spirituality and health care organizations -- Equality and inequality in American healthcare -- Is rationing of healthcare ethically defensible? -- Domestic violence : changing theory, changing practice -- Ethics issues in disaster relief -- A new era of health care : the ethics of healthcare reform -- Healthcare reform : what about those left behind? -- Looking toward the future.
- Health care will not reform itself 2009, CRCnetBASEHealth care won't reform itself -- Why are health care costs going up? -- Set goals and improve care -- Connectors are magic -- The perfect system -- We need universal coverage -- Risk sharing works quite well, thank you -- Focus, tools, and health -- Health may be the highest priority -- We also need goals to directly reduce costs.
- Health care-associated infection (HAI) Lane Catalog record
- Health communication 2006, Springer1.Introduction to health communication --2.The changing sociocultural context --3.The changing healthcare context --4.The history of health communication --5.Health communication audiences --6.Understanding health behavior --7.Understanding communication --8.Steps in the health communication process --9.Traditional approaches to health communication --10.Contemporary approaches to health communication --11.Case studies in health communication --12.Evaluating the impact of health communication --13.The future of health communication.
- Health communication and follow-through related to early identification of deafness and hearing loss in newborns 2001, NLM
- Health in antiquity 2005
- Health in the green economy 2011, WHO1. Overview of housing and climate/environment linkages -- 2. Review of housing and health risks -- 3. Evaluating health co-benefits and risks of IPCC-reviewed mitigation strategies -- 4. Gap analysis: optimizing health benefits and correcting risks of mitigation strategies -- 5. Tools to assess, plan and finance healthy and climate-friendly housing -- 6. Case studies of good practice -- 7. Conclusions and recommendations.
- Introduction and overview -- The environment of modern medicine -- How informatics impacts modern healthcare -- Major application areas -- Health sciences librarians and health informatics -- The organization of medical knowledge -- Health information technology -- The electronic health record -- Healthcare information management systems -- Medical imaging -- Ethical and legal issues in health informatics -- Bioinformatics and genomic medicine -- The age of health informatics.
- Health information on the Internet -- The structures of knowledge related to health information on the Internet -- Accessing health information on the Internet -- Quality -- Physicians and other health professionals' use of the Internet -- Consumer health information on the Internet -- Telemedicine and online medical services -- Future trends and challenges.
- Health issues confronting minority men who have sex with men 2008, SpringerDefining men who have sex with men (MSM) / Sana Loue -- Portrait one. Rebirth: evolution of a gender / Travis A. Garry -- Portrait two. ⁵De donde? / Hank Ramirez -- Portrait three. Untitled / Christina Caruth -- Sexual abuse. Childhood sexual abuse and its sequelae among latino gay and bisexual men / Sonya Grant Arreola -- Portrait four. May and December: dangerous intimacies / L. Michael Gipson -- Mental illness and substance abuse. Body image disturbance and its related disorders / Leslie J. Heinberg and Chris Kraft -- Portrait five. Cutting / Anonymous -- Substance use among minority men who have sex with men / Sana Loue and Jaroslaw Richard Romaniuk -- Homelessness. Homelessness among substance using minority men who have sex with men / James M. Holbrook -- "My body and my spirit took care of me": homelessness, violence, and resilience among American Indian two-spirit men / Karina L. Walters ... [et al.] -- National trends in HIV transmission among minority men who have sex with men / Daniel J. O'Shea -- HIV/AIDS in Cleveland: a case study of one community / David Bruckman -- Why tell? Serostatus disclosure and HIV stigma among HIV seropositive Asians and Pacific Islander men who have sex with men in New York City / Ezer Kang and Bruce D. Rapkin -- Disclosure of HIV status and mental health among Latino men who have sex with men / Maria Cecilia Zea -- The Beyond Identities Community Center (BICC): a community-focused, rights-based program to address HIV/AIDS and sexual health among young men of color in Cleveland, Ohio / Tracy Jones and Earl Pike -- Portrait six. For Jayla / L. Michael Gipson -- Portrait seven. Rage of betrayal / Erik Bradford -- Portrait eight. Community commitment / Various.
- Health of aging Hispanics 2007, Springer
- At a time when lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individuals--often referred to under the umbrella acronym LGBT--are becoming more visible in society and more socially acknowledged, clinicians and researchers are faced with incomplete information about their health status. While LGBT populations often are combined as a single entity for research and advocacy purposes, each is a distinct population group with its own specific health needs. Furthermore, the experiences of LGBT individuals are not uniform and are shaped by factors of race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, geographical location, and age, any of which can have an effect on health-related concerns and needs. The Health of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender People assesses the state of science on the health status of LGBT populations, identifies research gaps and opportunities, and outlines a research agenda for the National Institute of Health. The report examines the health status of these populations in three life stages: childhood and adolescence, early/middle adulthood, and later adulthood. At each life stage, the committee studied mental health, physical health, risks and protective factors, health services, and contextual influences. To advance understanding of the health needs of all LGBT individuals, the report finds that researchers need more data about the demographics of these populations, improved methods for collecting and analyzing data, and an increased participation of sexual and gender minorities in research. The Health of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender People is a valuable resource for policymakers, federal agencies including the National Institute of Health (NIH), LGBT advocacy groups, clinicians, and service providers.
- Health of sexual minorities 2007, Springerpt. 3.Prejudice and pride in health --ch.8.Sexual stigma : putting sexual minority health issues in context /Gregory M. Herek,Regina Chopp,andDarryl Strohl --ch. 9.Globalization, structural violence, and LGBT health : a cross-cultural perspective /Mark B. Padilla,Ernesto Vásquez del Aguila,andRichard G. Parker --ch. 10.Prejudice and discrimination as social stressors /Ilan H. Meyer --ch. 11,Determinants of health among two-spirit American Indians and Alaska natives /Karen C. Fieland,Karina L. Walters,andJane M. Simoni --ch. 12."I don't fit anywhere" : how race and sexuality shape Latino gay and bisexual men's health /Jesus Ramirez-Valles --ch. 13.Black LGB health and well-being /Juan BattleandMartha Crum --pt. 4.Research methodologies --ch. 14.Defining and measuring sexual orientation for research /Randal L. Sell --ch. 15.Sampling in surveys of lesbian, gay, and bisexual people /Diane Binson,Johnny Blair,David M. Heubner,andWilliam J. Woods --ch. 16.Researching gay men's health : the promise of qualitative methodology /Gary W. Dowsett --ch. 17.From science fiction to computer-generated technology : sampling lesbian, gay, and bisexual individuals /Esther D. Rothblum --ch. 18.Using community-based participatory research to understand and eliminate social disparities in health for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender populations /Mary E. Northridge,Brian P. McGrath,andSam Quan Krueger --pt. 5.Health concerns --ch. 19.Transgender health concerns /Anne A. Lawrence --ch. 20.Health care of lesbian and bisexual women /Katherine A. O'HanlanandChristy M. Isler --ch. 21.Cancer and sexual minority women /Deborah J. Bowen,Ulrike Boehmer,andMarla Russo --ch. 22.HIV/AIDS prevention research among black men who have sex with men : current progress and future directions /Gregorio A. Millett,David Malebranche,andJohn L. Peterson --ch. 23.LGBT tobacco and alcohol disparities /Gregory L. GreenwoodandElisabeth P. Gruskin --ch. 24.Methamphetamine use and its relation to HIV risk : data from Latino gay men in San Francisco /Rafael M. Díaz --pt. 6.Healthcare systems and services --ch. 25.Improving access to health care among African-American, Asian and Pacific Islander, and Latino lesbian, gay, and bisexual populations /Patrick A. WilsonandHirokazu Yoshikawa --ch. 26.Public health and trans-people : barriers to care and strategies to improve treatment /Emilia Lombardi --ch. 27.HIV prevention and care for gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender youths : "Best practices" from existing programs and policies /Joyce HunterandJan Baer --ch. 28.Fenway community health's model of integrated, community-based LGBT care, education, and research /Kenneth H. Mayer,Matthew J. Mimiaga,Rodney VanDerwarker,Hilary Goldhammer,andJudith B. Bradford --Index.
- Health politics 2005Placing health in context --Risk management --Infectious diseases --Chronic diseases --Fear, violence and safety --Caring for seniors --End-of-life care --Science and society --Improving health care value.
- Principles of risk assessment / Steven H. Woolf -- The history : what to ask about / Alex H. Krist, Janelle Guirguis-Blake, and Steven H. Woolf -- The physical examination : where to look for preclinical disease / Alex H. Krist ... [et al.] -- Laboratory screening tests / Janelle Guirguis-Blake, Alex H. Krist, and Steven H. Woolf -- Introduction to the principles of health behavior change / Russell E. Glasgow and Michael G. Goldstein -- Regular exercise / Steven Jonas -- Nutrition / Roger A. Shewmake -- Weight management / Steven Jonas and Kavitha Bhat Schelbert -- Tobacco use / Stephen F. Rothemich -- Substance use / Randall T. Brown and Michael F. Fleming -- Family planning / Karen T. Feisullin and Carolyn L. Westhoff -- Sexually transmitted infections / Charles M. Kodner -- Depression, mood disorders, and cognitive impairment / Daniel E. Ford -- Self-examination of the breasts, testes, and skin / Steven H. Woolf -- Chemoprophylaxis / Linda S. Kinsinger, Michael Pignone, and Heidi D. Nelson -- Immunizations / Robert M. Wolfe -- Health promotion and disease prevention for children and adolescents / Virginia A. Moyer and Laura E. Ferguson -- What to do with abnormal screening test results / Alex H. Krist and Terence McCormally -- What not to do and why : the arguments against some forms of screening and chemoprevention / Janelle Guirguis-Blake and Russell Harris -- Developing a health maintenance schedule / Paul S. Frame -- How to organize the practice for improved delivery of clinical preventive services / John M. Hickner and Leif I. Solberg -- Improving preventive care using automated tools / J. Marc Overhage -- Reimbursement for clinical preventive services / Betsy Nicoletti -- The future of health promotion and disease prevention in clinical practice / Kevin Patrick.
- Health promotion evaluation practices in the Americas 2008, Springer
- Health research in developing countries 2005, Springer
- H.E.L.P. - Apherese ....................
- — Handbook of neurologic rating scales....
- Handbook of neuroprosthetic methods ....
- — Health research in developing countri...
- Health risk communication ..............
- — HIV counseling and testing in publicl...
- HIV infection and the cardiovascular ...
- — Hysteroscopy. 3rd ed. ..................
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
1st ed. [print] 2013
Author: Ofri, Danielle