- H.E.L.P. - Apherese ....................
- — Handbook of neurologic rating scales....
- Handbook of neuroprosthetic methods ....
- — Health risk communication ..............
- Health risks from exposure to low lev...
- — HIV interactions with dendritic cells ..
- HIV interactions with host cell prote...
- — Hysteroscopy. 3rd ed. ..................
- H.E.L.P. - Apherese Lane Catalog record
- Haddad and Winchester's Clinical management of poisoning and drug overdose. 4th ed. 2007, MD Consult
- Haemopoiesis: physiology and pathology -- Normal blood cells I: red cells -- Normal blood cells II: granulocytes, monocytes and the reticuloendothelial system -- Normal blood cells III: lymphocytes -- Lymph nodes, the lymphatic system and the spleen -- Clinical assessment -- Laboratory assessment -- Benign disorders of white cells: granulocytes, monocytes, macrophages and lymphocytes -- Red cell disorders -- Iron I: physiology and deficiency -- Iron II: overload and sideroblastic anaemia -- Megaloblastic anaemia I: vitamin B12 and folate deficiency--biochemical basis, causes -- Megaloblastic anaemia II: clinical features, treatment and other macrocytic anaemias -- Haemolytic anaemias I: general -- Haemolytic anaemias II: inherited membrane and enzyme defects -- Haemolytic anaemias III: acquired -- Haemolytic anaemias IV: genetic defects of haemoglobin -- Haemolytic anaemias V: inherited defects of haemogolobin--sickle cell disease -- Bone marrow failure -- Haematological malignancy: basic mechanisms -- Chronic myeloid leukaemia -- Myelodysplasia -- Acute leukaemia I: classification and diagnosis -- Acute leukaemia II: treatment and prognosis -- Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia -- Multiple myeloma -- Lymphoma I: Hodgkin lymphoma (Hodgkin's disease) -- Lymphoma II: non-Hodgkin lymphoma--aetiology and diagnosis -- Lymphoma III: non-Hodgkin lymphoma--treatment and prognosis -- Myeloproliferative disorders I: polycythaemia --Myeloproliferative disorders II: essential thrombocythaemia and myelofibrosis -- Normal haemostasis -- Disorders of haemostasis: vessel wall and platelets -- Disorders of coagulation I: inherited -- Disorders of coagulation II: acquired -- Thrombosis and thrombophilia -- Anticoagulation -- Haematological aspects of systemic disease I: inflammation--malignancy -- Haematological aspects of systemic disease II: renal, liver, endocrine, amyloid -- Haematological aspects of systemic disease III: infection -- Blood transfusion -- Stem cell transplantation -- General aspects of treatment -- Practical procedures -- Haematology of pregnancy and infancy -- Haematological effects of drugs.
- Haemophilus influenzae protocols 2002, Springer Protocols
- Haemostasis in spine surgery 2005, Springer
- Hair cell regeneration, repair, and protection 2008, SpringerOverview: regeneration and repair / Richard J. Salvi -- Morphological correlates of regeneration and repair in the inner ear / Jason R. Meyers and Jeffrey T. Corwin -- Recovery of function in the avian auditory system after ototrauma / James C. Saunders and Richard J. Salvi -- Functional recovery after hair cell regeneration in birds / Robert J. Dooling, Micheal L. Dent, Amanda M. Lauer, and Brenda M. Ryals -- Hair cell regeneration : mechanisms guiding cellular proliferation and differentiation / Elizabeth C. Oesterle and Jennifer S. Stone -- Protection and repair of inner ear sensory cells / Andrew Forge and Thomas R. Van De Water -- Gene arrays, cell lines, stem cells, and sensory regeneration in mammalian ears / Marcelo N. Rivolta and Matthew C. Holley.
- Hair follicle 2005, Springer
- Hair growth and disorders 2008, Springer
- Hair restoration surgery in Asians 2010, Springer
- Hallucinations 2012, Springer
- An investigation into the types, physiological sources, and cultural resonances of hallucinations, this book traces everything from the disorientations of sleep and intoxication to the manifestations of injury and illness. ... Hallucinations ... are linked to sensory deprivation, intoxication, illness, or injury. People with migraines may see shimmering arcs of light or tiny, Lilliputian figures of animals and people. People with failing eyesight, paradoxically, may become immersed in a hallucinatory visual world. Hallucinations can be brought on by a simple fever or even the act of waking or falling asleep, when people have visions ranging from luminous blobs of color to beautifully detailed faces or terrifying ogres. Those who are bereaved may receive comforting "visits" from the departed. In some conditions, hallucinations can lead to religious epiphanies or even the feeling of leaving one's own body. Humans ... have used hallucinogenic compounds to achieve [such life-changing visions]. As a young doctor in California in the 1960s, the author had both a personal and a professional interest in psychedelics. These, along with his early migraine experiences, launched a lifelong investigation into the varieties of hallucinatory experience. Here, he weaves together stories of his patients and of his own mind-altering experiences to illuminate what hallucinations tell us about the organization and structure of our brains, how they have influenced every culture's folklore and art, and why the potential for hallucination is present in us all, a vital part of the human condition. --Excerpted from book jacket.
- Hand and wrist 2006Anatomy -- Congenital deformities -- Tumors -- Dupuytren's disease -- Infections -- Tenosynovitis and epicondylitis -- Entrapment neuropathies -- Anesthesia / Charles L. McDowell and Kevin Cunningham -- Hand fractures and fracture-dislocations -- Dislocation and ligament injuries -- Carpal injuries -- Tendon injuries -- Nerve injuries -- Amputations -- Compartment syndrome -- Injection injuries.
- Hand bone age. 2nd ed. 2012, Springer
- Hand surgery 2004, Ovid
- Hand transplantation 2007, Springer
- Hand. 2nd ed. 2005Flexor tendon injuries / James W. Strickland -- Treatment of the "Jersey finger": repair and reconstruction of FDP avulsion injuries / Brian M. Katt and Joseph P. Leddy -- Correction of post-traumatic ulnar subluxation of the metacarpophalangeal joint extensor tendon with a dynamic lumbrical tendon transfer / Keith A. Segalman and E.F. Shaw Wilgis -- Staged flexor tendon and pulley reconstruction / John S. Taras, Stephen M. Hankins, and Daniel J. Mastella -- Free tendon grafting / Robert Lee Wilson -- -- Capsulectomies of the metacarpophalangeal and proximal interphalangeal joints / Richard S. Idler -- Treatment options for distal tip amputation / Raymond A. Wittstadt -- Microsurgical repair of soft tissue deficits of the upper extremity: use of the lateral arm flap and the latissimus dorsi free flap / Michael A. McClinton -- The reversed radial forearm flap / Matthew M. Tomaino -- Ray amputation with and without digital transposition / Peter J. L. Jebson and Dean S. Louis -- Reconstruction of the partially amputated thumb with metacarpal lengthening / Todd M. Guyette and Thomas J. Graham --Open reduction and internal fixation of the tubular bones of the hand / Alan E. Freeland and Jorge L. Orbay -- Closed pinning and bouquet pinning of fractures of the metacarpals / Lance A. Retting and Thomas J. Graham -- Open reduction internal fixation: unicondylar fractures of the head of the proximal phalanx / Hill Hastings II -- Hemi hamate resurfacing arthroplasty for salvage of selected fracture dislocations of the PIP joint / Hill Hastings II -- Volar plate arthroplasty for acute and chronic proximal interphalangeal joint fracture/subluxation / Matthew M. Malerich and Richard G. Eaton -- Malunion and nonunion of the phalanges and metacarpals / Jesse B. Jupiter -- Dynamic external fixation for treatment of fracture-dislocations of the proximal interphalangeal joint / Stuart J. Elkowitz and Thomas J. Graham --Silicone metacarpophalangeal joint arthroplasty / Jennifer L.M. Manuel and Arnold-Peter C. Weiss -- Small joint fusions / Richard W. Barth and J. Robert Anderson -- Reconstruction for boutonniere deformity / James R. Doyle -- Reconstruction for flexible and fixed swan-neck deformities / Drew R. Engles, Konstantinos Ditsios, and Martin I. Boyer -- The rheumatoid thumb: evaluation and surgical reconstruction of the swan neck deformity / Andrew L. Terrono -- Repair of ruptured finger extensors in rheumatoid arthritis / Donald C. Ferlic -- Subtotal palmar fasciectomy for Dupuytren's contracture / James W. Strickland -- Decompression and lavage for suppurative flexor tenosynovitis / John A. McAuliffe.Surgical treatment of acute and chronic incompetence of the thumb metacarpophalangeal joint stabilizers / Steven Z. Glickel -- Surgical treatment of fractures of the thumb metacarpal base: Bennett's and Rolando's fractures / Keith B. Raskin and Steven S. Shin -- -- Fixation of fractures in the child's hand / Donald S. Bae and Peter M. Waters -- Index pollicization for congenital absence and hypoplasia of the thumb / Joe Upton -- Release and reconstruction of digital syndactyly / Michelle A. James -- Reconstruction of the duplicated thumb / Gary M. Lourie -- -- Tendon transfers for radial nerve paralysis / Ioannis Sarris, Nickolaos A. Darlis, and Dean G. Sotereanos -- Opponensplasty for low median nerve deficit / John F. Dalton and John Gray Seiler -- Ulnar nerve paralysis / Hill Hastings II -- Repeat decompression of the medial nerve at the wrist with the hypothenar fat pad coverage / Kevin Plancher --
- "Handbook for HIPAA-HITECH Security details the final regulations brought about by HITECH changes to the HIPAA security rule and to the privacy rule as it applies to security. Learn practical and pragmatic ways to interpret the new regulations and ensure compliance." -- Provided by publisher
- Handbook IMCI 2005
- Handbook of acid-base indicators 2008, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of affinity chromatography. 2nd ed. 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of aging and the social sciences. 6th ed. 2006, ScienceDirectAging and the life course / Richard A. Settersten, Jr. -- Modeling the effects of time: integrating demographic and developmental perspectives / Duane F. Alwin, Scott M. Hofer, and Ryan J. McCammon -- Morbidity, disability, and mortality / Kennneth C. Land and Yang Yang -- Old age through the lens of family history / Carole Haber -- Internal and international migration / Charles F. Longino, Jr., and Don E. Bradley -- Diversity and aging in the United States / Ronald J. Angel and Jacqueline L. Angel -- Social networks and health / Jennifer L. Moren-Cross and Nan Lin -- Converging divergences in age, gender, health, and well being: strategic selection in the third age / Phyllis Moen and Donna Spencer -- Stratification and the life course: life course capital, life course risks, and social inequality / Angela M. O'Rand -- Intergenerational family transfers in social context / Merril Silverstein -- Social relationships in late life / Neal Krause -- Older workers / Melissa Hardy -- Economic status of the aged / Karen Holden and Charles Hatcher -- Health and aging / Kenneth F. Ferraro -- Technological change and aging / Stephen J. Cutler -- Religion and aging / Ellen Idler -- Lifestyle and aging / Jon Hendricks and Laurie Russell Hatch -- Perceived quality of life / Linda K. George -- Aging and politics: an international perspective / Alan Walker -- Economic security in retirement: reshaping the public private pension mix / James H. Schulz and Allan Borowski -- Organization and financing of health care / Marilyn Moon -- Emerging issues in long-term care / Robyn I. Stone -- Aging and the Law / Marshall B. Kapp -- Anti-aging medicine and science: social implications / Robert H. Binstock, Jennifer R. Fishman, and Thomas E. Johnson -- Aging and justice / Martin Kohli.
- Handbook of ambulatory anesthesia. 2nd ed. 2008, SpringerPreanesthesia Evaluation and Testing / L. Reuven Pasternak -- Minimally invasive and advanced ambulatory procedures / Shireen Ahmad -- Adult Clinical Challenges / Donald M. Mathews and Rebecca S. Twersky -- Pediatric clinical challenges / Lucinda L. Everett and Gennadiy Fuzaylov -- Pediatric perioperative management / Raafat S. Hannallah -- Adult preoperative preparation: equipment and monitoring / J. Lance Lichtor -- Sedation techniques / Tong J. Gan and Beverly K. Philip -- Regional anesthesia / Holly C. L. Evans, Karen C. Nielsen and Susan M. Steele -- General anesthesia / Ralph Gertler and Girish P. Joshi -- Anesthesia outside the operating room / Steven C. Hall -- Office-based anesthesia / Hector Vila, Meena S. Desai and Rafael V. Miguel -- Postanesthesia care recovery and management / Johnathan L. Pregler and Patricia A. Kapur -- Discharge process / Frances Chung and Jeremy Lermitte -- Quality management, regulation, and accreditation / Jerry A. Cohen, Sorin J. Brull and Walter G. Maurer -- Ambulatory surgery center profitability, efficiency, and cost containment / Tom Archer, Steve Mannis and Alex Macario -- Administrative aspects of ambulatory surgery / William H. Beeson.
- Handbook of angioplasty and stenting procedures 2010, SpringerBasic Tools Required to Perform Angioplasty and Stenting Procedures / David O. Kessel -- Arterial Pressure Measurements / Thomas B. Kinney -- Drugs - Pre-, Peri- and Post-intervention / Raman Uberoi -- Arterial Access / Dimitrios K. Tsetis -- Venous Access / Clare L. Bent and Matthew Matson -- General Principles of Angioplasty and Stenting / Elias N. Brountzos and Efthymia Alexopoulou -- Arterial Closure Devices / Stephen P. D'Souza and Dare M. Seriki -- Aortoiliac Angioplasty and Stenting / Robert A. Hieb -- Angioplasty and Stenting of the Superficial Femoral Artery and Popliteal Artery / Anna-Maria Belli -- Subintimal Angioplasty / Guy Fishwick -- Infrapopliteal Angioplasty and Stenting / Marc Sapoval, Olivier Pellerin and Laurent Bellmann -- Renal Artery Angioplasty and Stenting / Sanjay Misra -- Angioplasty/Stenting of Mesenteric Arteries / Stefan Müller-Hülsbeck -- Carotid Stenting and Angioplasty / Gerald Wyse and Kieran J. Murphy -- Intracranial and Vertebral Artery Angioplasty and Stenting / Jitendra Sharma, J. Mocco, Adnan H. Siddiqui and Elad I. Levy -- Angioplasty/Stenting of the Subclavian and Axillary Arteries / Trevor John Cleveland -- Stent-Grafting of the Thoracic Aorta / Jean-Paul Beregi and Marco Midulla -- Elective Endovascular Aneurysm Repair (EVAR) of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms (AAA) / Johannes Lammer and Maria Schoder -- Endovascular Management of Ruptured Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm / William C. Loan and Chee Voon Soong -- Angioplasty/Stenting/Lysis/Thrombectomy of Hemodialysis Access / Himanshu Shah and Gordon McLennan -- Thrombolysis for Acute Lower Limb Ischemia / Thomas O. McNamara and Susie J. Muir -- Endovascular Treatment of Acute Stroke / Ali R. Zomorodi and Tony P. Smith -- Venoplasty and Stenting / Haraldur Bjarnason -- Venous Thrombolysis and Thrombectomy for Deep Venous Thrombosis / Nael E. A. Saad and Suresh Vedantham -- TIPS (Transjugular Intrahepatic Portosystemic Shunts) / George Behrens and Hector Ferral.
- Handbook of anthropometry 2012, Springerpt. 1. Tools and techniques in anthropometry : general methods -- pt. 2. Tools and techniques in anthropometry : water, hydration and surface area -- pt. 3. Tools and techniques in anthropometry : muscle -- pt. 4. Tools and techniques in anthropometry : adipose tissue, other compartments and relationships -- pt. 5. Regions and anatomical areas of the body : head and face -- pt. 6. Regions and anatomical areas of the body : limbs, extremities and bones -- pt. 7. Regions and anatomical areas of the body : joints and digits -- pt. 8. Regions and anatomical areas of the body : abdominal and trunk regions -- pt. 9. Regions and anatomical areas of the body : sensory organs -- pt. 10. Regions and anatomical areas of the body : internal organs, other tissues and regions -- pt. 11. Anthropometry of pregnancy : prenatal and postnatal aspects -- pt. 12. Anthropometry of infants and children -- pt. 13. Anthropometry of puberty and adolescence in health and disease -- pt. 14. Anthropometry of middle-aged and aged in health and disease -- pt. 15. Anthropometry in genetic disease and polymorphisms -- pt. 16. Anthropometry in cancer -- pt. 17. Anthropometry in exercise and sport activities -- pt. 18. Anthropometry in metabolic disease and obesity -- pt. 19. Anthropometry in diabetes -- pt. 20. Anthropometry in cardiovascular disease -- pt. 21. Anthropometry in organ disease -- pt. 22. Anthropometry in special conditions and circumstances -- pt. 23. Anthropometry in ethnic groups and cultural and geographical diversity -- pt. 24. Anthropometry and nutrition : general aspects -- pt. 25. Anthropometry and nutrition : micro- and macro-nutrients -- pt. 26. Biomechanical and ergonomic aspects.
- Identifying agents to test in Phase III trials / Thomas G. Roberts Jr., Thomas J. Lynch Jr., and Bruce A. Chabner -- Clinical trial designs for approval of new anticancer agents: a clinical science / Daniel D. Von Hoff -- Pharmacogenetic Counseling / Jill M. Kolesar.Intrathecal chemotherapy / Jeff Stone and Susan M. Blaney -- Use of microdialysis in preclinical and clinical development of anticancer agents / William C. Zamboni -- Regional therapy of cancer using continuous hyperthermic peritoneal perfusion or vascular isolation and perfusion techniques / H. Richard Alexander ... [et al.] -- Isolated lung perfusion for the treatment of inoperable pulmonary malignancies / David S. Schrump -- Pharmacokinetics of isolated lung perfusion with antitumor agents / Suoping Zhai -- Central nervous system malignancy and clinical pharmacology / Steve Y. Cho and Howard A. Fine -- Pharmacokinetics of anticancer drugs in children / Lisa C. Iacono, P. Kellie Turner, and Clinton F. Stewart -- Clinical pharmacokinetics in the elderly / Patricia W. Slattum and Jurgen Venitz -- The combination of angiogenesis inhibitors and radiotherapy for the treatment of primary tumors / Kevin Camphausen and Cynthia Mňard -- Gene therapy for the treatment of cancer / H. Trent Spencer and Jacques Galipeau -- Vaccines for the treatment of cancer / Philip M. Arlen ... [et al.] -- Pharmacokinetics of antibodies and immunotoxins in mice and humans / Victor Ghetie, E. Sally Ward, and Ellen S. Vitetta -- Pharmacokinetics of biologicals / Hk̄an Mellstedt, Jan-Erik Frd̲in, and Anders ₆sterborg -- Exposure-response relationship of anticancer agents: a clinical pharmacology and biopharmaceutics reviewer / Atiqur RahmanMolecular targets / Udai Banerji, Ian Judson and Paul Workman -- Preclinical screening for new anticancer agents / Angelika M. Burger and Heinz-Herbert Fiebig -- Mouse models in cancer drug discovery and development / Edward A. Sausville and Melinda Hollingshead -- Defining the starting dose: should it be based on mg/kg, mg/m2, or fixed? / Howard Gurney -- Phase I trials in oncology: design and endpoints / James Cassidy -- Analytical methods: development, validation and clinical applicability / Hans Ehrsson, Staffan Eksborg and Jonas Bergh -- Validation and control of bioanalytical methods in clinical drug development / H. Thomas Karnes -- Clinical pharmacology overview / Andrew P. Beelen and Lionel D. Lewis -- Pharmacokinetic modeling / Sharyn D. Baker and Michelle A. Rudek -- Pharmacodynamic modeling / Kenneth S. Bauer and William P. Petros -- Pharmacometric knowledge-based oncology drug development / Paul J. Williams, James Uchizono and Ene I. Ette -- Protein binding of anticancer drugs / Alex Sparreboom and Walter J. Loos -- Metabolism (Non-CYP Enzymes) / Sally A. Coulthard and Alan V. Boddy -- Cytochrome P450 and anticancer drugs / Yuichi Ando -- Polymorphisms in genes of drug targets and metabolism and in DNA repair / Jan Stoehlmacher, Syma Iqbal and Heinz-Josef Lenz -- Drug interactions / Laurent P. Rivory -- ABC transporters: involvement in multidrug resistance and drug disposition / Susan E. Bates and Tito Fojo
- Handbook of antioxidants. 2nd ed., rev. and expanded. 2002, CRCnetBASEI. General Topics -- 1. Food-Derived Antioxidants: How to Evaluate Their Importance in Food and In Vivo / Barry Halliwell -- 2. Measurement of Total Antioxidant Capacity in Nutritional and Clinical Studies / Guohua Cao and Ronald L. Prior -- 3. Quantification of Isoprostanes as Indicators of Oxidant Stress In Vivo / Jason D. Morrow, William E. Zackert, Daniel S. Van der Ende, Erin E. Reich, Erin S. Terry, Brian Cox, Stephanie C. Sanchez, Thomas J. Montine, and L. Jackson Roberts -- II. Vitamin E -- 4. Efficacy of Vitamin E in Human Health and Disease / Sharon V Landvik, Anthony T. Diplock, and Lester Packer -- 5. Vitamin E Bioavailability, Biokinetics, and Metabolism / Maret G. Traber -- 6. Biological Activity of Tocotrienols / Stefan U. Weber and Gerald Rimbach -- III. Vitamin C -- 7. Vitamin C: From Molecular Actions to Optimum Intake / Sebastian J. Padayatty, Rushad Daruwala, Yaohui Wang, Peter K. Eck, Jian Song, Woo S. Koh, and Mark Levine -- 8. Vitamin C and Cardiovascular Diseases / Anitra C. Carr and Balz Frei -- 9. Epidemiological and Clinical Aspects of Ascorbate and Cancer / James E. Enstrom -- IV. Carotenoids -- 10. Carotenoids: Linking Chemistry, Absorption, and Metabolism to Potential Roles in Human Health and Disease / Denise M. Deming, Thomas W-M. Boileau, Kasey H. Heintz, Christine A. Atkinson, and John W. Erdman, Jr. -- 11. Antioxidant Effects of Carotenoids: Implication in Photoprotection in Humans / Wilhelm Stahl and Helmut Sies -- 12. Oxidative Breakdown of Carotenoids and Biological Effects of Their Metabolites / Werer G. Siems, Olaf Sommerburg, and Frederik J.G.M. van Kuijk -- 13. Carotenoids in the Nutrition of Infants / Olaf Sommerburg, Wener G. Siems, Kristina Meissner and Michael Leichsenring -- 14. Human Studies on Bioavailability and Serum Response of Carotenoids / Elizabeth J. Johnson -- V. Polyphenols and Flavonoids -- 15. Caffeic Acid and Related Antioxidant Compounds: Biochemical and Cellular Effects / João Laranjinha -- 16. Polyphenols and Flavonoids Protect LDL Against Atherogenic Modifications / Bianca Fuhrman and Michael Aviram -- 17. Phytoestrogen Content in Foods and Their Role in Cancer / Anna H. Wu and Malcolm C. Pike -- 18. Peroxynitrite Scavenging by Mitochondrial Reductants and Plant Polyphenols / Alberto Boveris, Silvia Alvarez, Silvia Lores Araiz, and Laura B. Valdez -- VI. Antioxidants in Beverages and Herbal Products -- 19. Antioxidant and Other Properties of Green and Black Tea / Philip J. Rijken, Douglas A. Balentine, C. A. J. van Mierlo, I. Paetau-Robinson, E van de Put, Paul T Quinlan, Ute M. Weisgerber, and Sheila A. Wiseman -- 20. The Phenolic Wine Antioxidants / Andrew L. Waterhouse -- 21. French Maritime Pine Bark: Pycnogenol / Gerald Rimbach, Fabio Virgili, and Lester Packer -- 22. Spices as Potent Antioxidants with Therapeutic Potential / Bharat B. Aggarwal, Nihal Ahmad, and Hasan Mukhtar -- VII. Lipoic Acid and Glutathione -- 23. Lipoic Acid: Cellular Metabolism, Antioxidant Activity, and Clinical Relevance / Oren Tirosh, Sashwati Roy, and Lester Packer -- 24. Cellular Effects of Lipoic Acid and Its Role in Aging / Regis Moreau, Wei-Jian Zhang, and Tory M. Hagen -- 25. Vascular Complications in Diabetes: Mechanisms and the Influence of Antioxidants / Peter Rösen, Hans-Jürgen Tritschler, and Lester Packer -- 26. Therapeutic Effects of Lipoic Acid on Hyperglycemia and Insulin Resistance / Erik J. Henriksen -- 27. Bioavailability of Glutathione / Dean P. Jones -- VIII. Melatonin -- 28. Antioxidant Capacity of Melatonin / Russel J. Reiter, Dun-xian Tan, Lucien C. Manchester, and Juan R. Calvo -- 29. Radical and Reactive Intermediate-Scavenging Properties of Melatonin in Pure Chemical Systems / Maria A. Livrea, Luisa Tesoriere, Dun-xian Tan, and Russel J. Reiter -- IX. Selenium -- 30. Selenium: An Antioxidant? / Regina Brigelius-Flohé, Matilde Maiorino, Fulvio Ursini, and Leopold Flohé -- 31. Selenium Status and Prevention of Chronic Diseases / Paul Knekt -- X. Nitric Oxide -- 32. Antioxidant Properties of Nitric Oxide / Homero Rubbo and Rafael Radi.
- Adverse effects of chemotherapy -- Hematological malignancies -- Solid tumors -- Hematopoietic cell transplantation -- Pediatric considerations -- Neonatal therapy -- Pediatric immunizations -- Pediatric infectious diseases -- Pediatric nutrition -- Cystic fibrosis -- Geriatric drug use -- Geriatric dementias -- Geriatric urological disorders.Dosing of drugs in renal failure -- Solid organ transplantation -- Adult enteral nutrition -- Adult parenteral nutrition -- Dermatotherapy and drug-induced skin disorders -- Acne -- Psoriasis -- Photosensitivity and burns -- Gout and hyperuricemia -- Rheumatic disorders -- Connective tissue disorders : the clinical use of corticosteroids -- Contraception -- Obstetrics drug therapy -- Teratogenicity and drugs in breast milk -- Gynecologic and other disorders of women -- Thyroid disorders -- Diabetes mellitus -- Eye disorders -- Headache -- Parkinson's disease -- Seizure disorders -- Cerebrovascular disorders -- Principles of infectious diseases -- Antimicrobial prophylaxis for surgical procedures -- Central nervous system infections -- Endocarditis -- Respiratory tract infections -- Tuberculosis -- Infectious diarrhea -- Intra-abdominal infections -- Urinary tract infections --Interpretation of clinical laboratory tests -- Herbs and nutritional supplements -- Anaphylaxis and drug allergies -- Managing acute drug toxicity -- Delivering culturally competent care -- End-of-life care -- Nausea and vomiting -- Pain -- Perioperative care -- Acid-base disorders -- Fluid and electrolyte disorders -- Dyslipidemias atherosclerosis, and coronary heart disease -- Essential hypertension -- Peripheral vascular disorders -- Thrombosis -- Ischemic heart disease : anginal syndromes -- Myocardial infarction -- Heart failure -- Cardiac arrhythmias -- Hypertensive emergencies -- Shock -- Asthma -- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease -- Acute and chronic rhinitis -- Drug-induced pulmonary disorders -- Upper gastrointestinal disorders -- Lower gastrointestinal disorders -- Alcoholic cirrhosis -- Adverse effects of drugs on the liver -- Acute renal failure -- Chronic kidney disease -- Renal dialysis --Sexually transmitted diseases -- Infections of skin, soft tissue, and bone -- Infections in neutropenic cancer patients -- Pharmacotherapy of human immunodeficiency virus infection -- Opportunistic infections (OIs) in HIV patients -- Fungal infections -- Viral infections -- Viral hepatitis -- Parasitic infections -- Tick-borne disease -- Anxiety disorders -- Sleep disorders -- Schizophrenia -- Mood disorders I : major depressive disorders -- Mood disorders II : bipolar disorders -- Psychiatric disorders in children, adolescents -- Eating disorders -- Drug abuse -- Alcohol abuse -- Tobacco use and dependence -- Anemias -- Drug-induced blood disorders -- Neoplastic disorders and their treatment : general principles --
- Handbook of approximation algorithms and metaheurististics 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of aqueous solubility data 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of assay development in drug discovery 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of atopic eczema. 2nd ed. 2006, Springer
- Handbook of automated reasoning 2001, ScienceDirect
- Handbook of autopsy practice. 4th ed. 2009, SpringerAutopsy techniques and procedures -- Ensuring quality in the hospital autopsy -- Principles of dissection -- Cardiovascular system -- Nervous system -- Eye and adnexa -- Autopsy laboratory -- Autopsy microbiology -- Autopsy chemistry -- Chromosome analysis of autopsy tissue -- Postmortem imaging techniques -- Autopsies of bodies containing radioactive materials -- The hospital autopsy report, death certification -- Medicolegal autopsy and postmortem toxicology -- Legal aspects of autopsy practice -- Fixation and transport of autopsy material -- Museum techniques.
- Handbook of basal ganglia structure and function 2010, ScienceDirectPart A: The Basal Ganglia System and its Evolution -- Chapter 1. The Neuroanatomical Organization of the Basal Ganglia / Charles R. Gerfen, J. Paul Bolam -- Chapter 2. The Conservative Evolution of the Vertebrate Basal Ganglia / Anton Reiner -- Chapter 3. Cell Types in the Different Nuclei of the Basal Ganglia / Dorothy E. Oorschot -- Chapter 4. Neurotransmitter Receptors in the Basal Ganglia / Piers C. Emson, Henry J. Waldvogel, Richard L.M. Faull -- Part B: Anatomy and Physiology of the Striatum -- Chapter 5. The Striatal Skeleton: Medium Spiny Projection Neurons and their Lateral Connections / Dietmar Plenz, Jeffery R. Wickens -- Chapter 6. D1 and D2 Dopamine Receptor Modulation of Glutamatergic Signaling in Striatal Medium Spiny Neurons / D. James Surmeier, Michelle Day, Tracy Gertler, Savio Chan, Weixing Shen -- Chapter 7. The Cholinergic Interneurons of the Striatum: Intrinsic Properties Underlie Multiple Discharge Patterns / Joshua A. Goldberg, Charles J. Wilson -- Chapter 8. GABAergic Interneurons of the Striatum / James M. Tepper -- Chapter 9. Endocannabinoid Signaling in the Striatum / David M. Lovinger, Margaret I. Davis, Rui M. Costa -- Chapter 10. Nitric Oxide Signaling in the Striatum / Anthony R. West -- Chapter 11. Role of Adenosine in the Basal Ganglia / Micaela Morelli, Nicola Simola, Patrizia Popoli, Anna R. Carta -- Chapter 12. Regulation of Corticostriatal Synaptic Plasticity in Physiological and Pathological Conditions / Massimiliano Di Filippo, Paolo Calabresi -- Part C: Anatomy and Physiology of Globus Pallidus, Subthalamic Nucleus and Substantia Nigra -- Chapter 13. Organization of the Globus Pallidus / Hitoshi Kita -- Chapter 14. Projections from Pallidum to Striatum / Pieter Voorn -- Chapter 15. The Subthalamic Nucleus: From In Vitro to In Vivo Mechanisms / Stephane Charpier, Corinne Beurrier, Jeanne T. Paz -- Chapter 16. Neurophysiology of Substantia Nigra Dopamine Neurons: Modulation by GABA / James M. Tepper -- Chapter 17. Regulation of Extracellular Dopamine: Release and Reuptake / David Sulzer, Hui Zhang, Marianne Benoit-Marand, Francois Gonon -- Part D: Network Integration -- Chapter 18. Organization of Corticostriatal Projection Neuron Types / Anton Reiner --Chapter 19. Gating of Cortical Input to the Striatum / Jeffery R. Wickens, Gordon W. Arbuthnott -- Chapter 20. Organization of Prefrontal-Striatal Connections / Henk J. Groenewegen, Harry B.M. Uylings -- Chapter 21. Gating of Limbic Input to the Ventral Striatum / Patricio O'Donnell -- Chapter 22. Anatomical and Functional Organization of the Thalamostriatal Systems / Yoland Smith, Adriana Galvan, Dinesh Raju, Thomas Wichmann -- Chapter 23. Subcortical Connections of the Basal Ganglia / Philip Winn, David I.G. Wilson, Peter Redgrave -- Chapter 24. Integrative Networks Across Basal Ganglia Circuits / Suzanne N. Haber -- Chapter 25. Synchronous Activity in Basal Ganglia Circuits / Judith R. Walters, Debra A. Bergstrom -- Part E: Molecular Signaling in the Basal Ganglia -- Chapter 26. Second-Messenger Cascades / Stephanie E. Bronson, Christine Konradi -- Chapter 27. Neurotransmitter Regulation of Basal Ganglia Gene Expression / Kristen A. Keefe, Kristen A. Horner -- Chapter 28. D1 Dopamine Receptor Supersensitivity in the Dopamine-Depleted Striatum: Aberrant ERK1/2 Signaling / Charles R. Gerfen -- Chapter 29. Psychostimulant-Induced Gene Regulation in Corticostriatal Circuits / Heinz Steiner -- Chapter 30. Chromatin Remodeling: Role in Neuropathologies of the Basal Ganglia / Jocelyne Caboche, Emmanuel Roze, Karen Brami-Cherrier, Sandrine Betuing -- Part F: Basal Ganglia Function and Dysfunction -- Chapter 31. Phasic Dopamine Signaling and Basal Ganglia Function / Peter Redgrave, Veronique Coizet, John Reynolds -- Chapter 32. Role of Basal Ganglia in Habit Learning and Memory: Rats, Monkeys, and Humans / Mark G. Packard -- Chapter 33. Drug Addiction: the Neural and Psychological Basis of a Compulsive Incentive Habit / David Belin, Barry J. Everitt -- Chapter 34. Parkinson's Disease: Cross-Talk Between Environmental Factors and Gene Defects / Gloria E. Meredith, Susan Totterdell -- Chapter 35. Alterations in Corticostriatal Synaptic Function in Huntington's and Parkinson's Diseases / Carlos Cepeda, Nigel S. Bamford, Véronique M. André, Michael S. Levine -- Chapter 36. Molecular Mechanisms of l-DOPA-Induced Dyskinesia / M. Angela Cenci -- Chapter 37. Compensatory Mechanisms in Experimental and Human Parkinsonism: Potential for New Therapies / Erwan Bezard, Grégory Porras, Javier Blesa, José A. Obeso -- Chapter 38. Pathological Synchrony of Basal Ganglia-Cortical Networks in the Systemic MPTP Primate Model of Parkinson's Disease / Hagai Bergman, Adam Zaidel, Boris Rosin, Maya Slovik, Michal Rivlin-Etzion, Shay Moshel, Zvi Israel -- Chapter 39. Deep-Brain Stimulation for Neurologic and Psychiatric Disorders / Thomas Wichmann, Mahlon R. DeLong.
- Handbook of behavior genetics 2009, Springer
- Handbook of behavior, food and nutrition 2011, Springer
- Behavioral and cognitive treatments for geriatric depression: an evidence-based perspective / Kathryn S. Moss and Forrest R. Scogin -- Treating generalized anxiety in a community setting / J. Gayle Beck -- Treating of late-life generalized anxiety in primary care settings / Gretchen A. Brenes, Paula Wagener, and Melinda A. Stanley -- Cognitive-behavior therapy for late-life insomnia / Kristen C. Stone, Andrea K. Booth, and Kenneth L. Lichstein -- Relapse preventions model for older alcohol abusers / Larry W. Dupree [et al.] -- Cognitive-behavioral pain management interventions for long-term care residents with physical and cognitive disabilities / P. Andrew Clifford [et al.] -- Reducing psychosocial distress in family caregivers / Ann M. Steffen, Judith R. Gant, and Dolores Gallagher-Thompson -- Integrated psychosocial rehabilitation and health care for older people with serious mental illness / Meghan McCarthy, Kim T. Mueser, Sarah I. Pratt -- Cognitive therapy for suicidal older adults / Gregory K. Brown, Lisa M. Brown, Sunil S. Bhar, Aaron T. Beck -- Cognitive therapy for older people with psychosis / David Kingdon, Maged Swelam, Eric Granholm -- Behavioral interventions to improve management of overweight, obesity, and diabetes in patients with schzophrenia / Christine L. McKibbin [et al.] -- Dialectical behavior therapy for personality disorders in older adults / Jennifer S. Cheavens and Thomas R. Lynch -- Treating persons with dementia in context / Jane E. Fisher [et al.] -- Cognitive-behavioral case management for depressed low-income older adults / Patricia A. Areán, George Alexopoulos, Joyce P. Chu -- Post-stroke depression and CBT with older people / Ken Laidlaw -- Cognitive-behavioral therapy for older adults with bipolar disorder / Robert Reiser [et al.] -- Meaning reconstruction in later life: toward a cognitive-constructivist approach to grief therapy / Robert A. Neimeyer, Jason M. Holland, Joseph M. Currier, Tara Mehta -- PTSD (Post-traumatic stress disorder) in later life / Lee Hyer and Amanda Sacks -- Training of geriatric mental health providers in CBT interventions for older adults / Nancy A. Pachana, Bob Knight, Michele J. Karel, Judith S. Beck -- The role of positive aging in addressing the mental health needs of older adults / R.D. Hill and E. Mansour -- How Medicare shapes behavioral health practice with older adults in the US: issues and recommendations for practitioners / Paula E. Harman-Stein and James M. Georgoulakis.
- Handbook of behavioral medicine 2010, SpringerPt. 1. Health behaviors : processes and measures -- pt. 2. Psychological processes and measures -- pt. 3. Social and interpersonal processes -- pt. 4. Epidemiological and population perspectives -- pt. 5. Genetic process in behavioral medicine -- pt. 6. Development and the life course -- pt. 7. Biological measures and biomarkers -- pt. 8. Brain function and neuroimaging -- pt. 9. Statistical methods -- pt. 10. Behavioral and psychosocial interventions.
- Handbook of bioanalysis and drug metabolism 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of biochemistry and molecular biology. 4th ed. 2010, CRCnetBASE"Offering a molecular perspective not available 20 years ago, [this edition] provides physical and chemical data on proteins, nucleic acids, lipids, and carbohydrates. Presented in an organized, concise, and simple-to-use format, this popular reference allows quick access to the most frequently used data. Covering a wide range of topics, from classical biochemistry to proteomics and genomics, it also details the properties of commonly used biochemicals, laboratory solvents, and reagents." --excerpts from book jacket.
- Handbook of biogeneric theraupetic proteins 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of bioinspired algorithms and applications 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of biological confocal microscopy. 3rd ed. 2006, Springer
- Handbook of biological effects of electromagnetic fields. Bioengineering and biophysical aspects of electromagnetic fields. 3rd ed. 2007, CRCnetBASEIntroduction -- 1. Environmental and Occupationally Encountered Electromagnetic Fields / Kjell Hansson Mild and Ben Greenebaum -- 2. Endogenous Electric Fields in Animals / Richard Nuccitelli -- 3. Dielectric Properties of Biological Materials / Camelia Gabriel -- 4. Magnetic Properties of Biological Material / Jon Dobson -- 5. Interaction of Direct Current and Extremely Low-Frequency / Electric Fields with Biological Materials and Systems / Frank S. Barnes -- 6. Magnetic Field Effects on Free Radical Reactions in Biology / Stefan Engström -- 7. Signals, Noise, and Thresholds / James C. Weaver and Martin Bier -- 8. Biological Effects of Static Magnetic Fields / Shoogo Ueno and Tsukasa Shigemitsu -- 9. The Ion Cyclotron Resonance Hypothesis / A.R. Liboff -- 10. Computational Methods for Predicting Field Intensity and Temperature Change / James C. Lin and Paolo Bernardi -- 11. Experimental EMF Exposure Assessment / Sven Kühn and Niels Kuster -- 12. Electromagnetic Imaging of Biological Systems / William T. Joines, Qing H. Liu, and Gary Ybarra.
- Handbook of biological effects of electromagnetic fields. Biological and medical aspects of electromagnetic fields. 3rd ed. 2007., CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of biologically active peptides SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.
- Handbook of biomarkers 2010, SpringerTechnologies for discovery of biomarkers -- Biomarkers and molecular diagnostics -- Biomarkers for drug discovery and development -- Role of biomarkers in health care -- Biomarkers of cancer -- Biomarkers of disorders of the nervous system -- Biomarkers of cardiovascular disorders -- Biomarkers and personalized medicine -- Regulatory issues.
- Handbook of biomedical fluorescence 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of biomedical image analysis v. 1-3, 2005., Springerv. 2, 2005 Springerv. 3, 2005 Springerv. 1. Segmentation models, part A -- v. 2. Segmentation models, part B -- v. 3. Registration models.
- Handbook of biomedical optics 2011, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of biometrics 2008, Springer
- Handbook of biosurveillance 2006, ScienceDirectPt. I. The challenge of biosurveillance. Introduction / Michael M. Wagner -- Outbreaks and investigations / Virginia Dato, Richard Shephard, and Michael M. Wagner -- Case detection, outbreak detection, and outbreak characterization / Michael M. Wagner, Louise S. Gresham, and Virginia Dato -- Functional requirements for biosurveillance / Michael M. Wagner, Loren Shaffer, and Richard Shephard -- Pt. II. Organizations that conduct biosurveillance and the data they collect. Governmental public health / Rita Velikina, Virginia Dato, and Michael M. Wagner -- The healthcare system / Michael M. Wagner, William R. Hogan, and Ron M. Aryel -- Animal health / Richard Shephard, Ron M. Aryel, and Loren Shaffer -- Laboratories / Charles Brokopp ... [et al.] -- Water suppliers / Jason R.E. Shepard ... [et al.] -- Food and pharmaceutical industries / Ron M. Aryel and T.V. (Sunil) Anklekar -- Coroners and medical examiners / Ron M. Aryel and Michael M. Wagner -- Other organizations that conduct biosurveillance / Michael M. Wagner ... [et al.] -- Pt. III. Data analysis. Case detection algorithms / Fu-Chiang Tsui ... [et al.] -- Classical time-series methods for biosurveillance / Weng-Keen Wong and Andrew W. Moore -- Combining multiple signals for biosurveillance / Andrew W. Moore ... [et al.] -- Methods for detecting spatial and spatio-temporal clusters / Daniel B. Neill and Andrew W. Moore -- Natural language processing for biosurveillance / Wendy W. Chapman -- Bayesian methods for diagnosing outbreaks / Gregory F. Cooper ... [et al.] -- Atmospheric dispersion modeling in biosurveillance / William R. Hogan -- Methods for algorithm evaluation / Michael M. Wagner and Garrick Wallstrom --Pt. IV. Newer types of surveillance data. Methods for evaluating surveillance data / Michael M. Wagner -- Sales of over-the-counter healthcare products / William R. Hogan and Michael M. Wagner -- Chief complaints and ICD codes / Michael M. Wagner ... [et al.] -- Absenteeism / Leslie Lenert ... [et al.] -- Emergency call centers / Ron M. Aryel and Michael M. Wagner -- The internet as sentinel / Michael M. Wagner, Heather A. Johnson, and Virginia Dato -- Physiologic and space-based sensors / Ron M. Aryel -- Data NOS (not otherwise specified) / Michael M. Wagner and Murray Campbell -- Pt. V. Decision making. Decision analysis / Agnieszka Onisko, Garrick Wallstrom, and Michael M. Wagner -- Probabilistic interpretation of surveillance data / Garrick Wallstrom, Michael M. Wagner, and Agnieska [sic] Onisko -- Economic studies in biosurveillance / Bruce Y. Lee ... [et al.] -- Pt. VI. Building and field testing biosurveillance systems. Information technology standards in biosurveillance / William R. Hogan and Michael M. Wagner -- Architecture / Jeremy Espino and Michael M. Wagner -- Advancing organizational integration: negotiation, data use agreements, law and ethics / M. Cleat Szczepaniak ... [et al.] -- Other design and implementation issues / Steve DeFrancesco, Kevin Hutchison, and Michael M. Wagner -- Project management / Neil Jacobson, Sherry Daswani, and Per H. Gesteland -- Methods for field testing of biosurveillance systems / Michael M. Wagner.
- Handbook of bioterrorism and disaster medicine 2006, Springer
- Handbook of biotransformations of aromatic compounds 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of blood gas/acid-base interpretation. 2nd ed. 2013, SpringerGas Exchange -- The Non-Invasive Monitoring of Blood Oxygen and Carbon Dioxide Levels -- Acids and Bases -- Buffer Systems -- pH -- Acidosis and Alkalosis -- Respiratory Acidosis -- Respiratory Alkalosis -- Metabolic Acidosis -- Metabolic Alkalosis -- The Analysis of Blood Gases -- Factors Modifying the Accuracy of ABG Results -- Case Examples.
- Handbook of brain tumor chemotherapy 2006, ScienceDirect
- Handbook of burns. Volume 1, Acute burn care 2012, SpringerPart 1.History, epidemiology, prevention and education /A history of burn care.Leopoldo C. Cancio and Steven E. Wolf --Epidemiology and prevention of burns throughout the world /Michael D. Peck --Prevention of burn injuries /Anna Arno and Judy Knighton --Burns associated with wars and disasters /Jonathan B. Lundy and Leopoldo C. Cancio --Education in burns /Kunaal Jindal and Shahriar Shahrokhi --European practice guidelines for burn care: Minimum level of burn care provision in Europe /Pavel Brychta --Part 2.Pre-hospital and initial management of burns.Pre-hospital, fluid and early management, burn wound evaluation /Folke Sjöberg --Medical documentation of burn injuries /Herbert L. Haller, Michael Giretzlehner, Johannes Dirnberger and Robert Owen --Pathophysiology of burn injury /Gerd G. Gauglitz and Marc G. Jeschke --Anesthesia for patients with acute burn injuries /Lee C. Woodson, Edward Sherwood, Alexis McQuitty and Mark D. Talon --Diagnosis and management of inhalation injury /Tina L. Palmieri and Richard L. Gamelli --Respiratory management /Robert Cartotto --Part 3.Acute burn care and therapy.Organ responses and organ support /Kathryn L. Butler and Robert L. Sheridan --Critical care of thermally injured patient /Mette M. Berger, Shahriar Shahrokhi and Marc G. Jeschke --Treatment of infection in burns /Gerd G. Gauglitz, Shahriar Shahrokhi and Marc G. Jeschke --Acute treatment of severely burned pediatric patients /Gerd G. Gauglitz and Marc G. Jeschke --Adult burn management /Peter Dziewulski, Jorge-Leon Villapalos and Joan Pere Barret --Burns in older adults /Tam N. Pham --Acute management of facial burns /Peter Dziewulski and Jorge-Leon Villapalos --Hand burns /Benjamin P. Amis and Matthew B. Klein --Treatment of burns -- established and novel technology /Ludwik K. Branski, Manuel Dibildox, Shahriar Shahrokhi and Marc G. Jeschke --Wound healing /David A. Brown and Nicole S. Gibran --Pain management after burn trauma /Richard Girtler and Burkhard Gustorff --Nutrition support for the burn patient /Amalia Cochran, Jeffrey R. Saffle and Caran Graves --HBO and burns /Harald Andel --Nursing management of the burn-injured person /Judy Knighton and Mary Jako --Outpatient burn care /Bernd Hartmann and Christian Ottomann --Part 4.Non-thermal burns.Electrical injury /Brett D. Arnoldo, John L. Hunt and Gary F. Purdue --Symptoms, diagnosis and treatment of chemical burns /Leila Kolios and Günter Germann --Necrotizing and exfoliative diseases of the skin /David A. Sieber, Gerard J. Abood and Richard L. Gamelli --Frostbite /Paul Kraincuk, Maike Keck, David Lumenta and Lars-Peter Kamolz.
- Part 1.Burn injuries and their psychosocial and long time consequences --Acute stress disorder and post traumatic stress disorder in individuals suffering from burn injury /Sherri Sharp and Walter J. Meyer III --Long term consequences of burn injuries /Shelley Wiechman --Part 2.Burn wound healing, documentation, scar management and rehabilitation --Skin architecture and function /Adelheid Elbe-Bürger --Burn wound healing: Pathophysiology /Luc Teot, Sami Otman, Antonio Brancati and Rainer Mittermayr --Burn scar treatment /Luc Teot, Sami Otman, Antonio Brancati and Rainer Mittermayr --Scar assessment /Pauline D. H. M. Verhaegen, Martijn B. A. van der Wal, Esther Middelkoop and Paul P. M. van Zuijlen --The future of wound documentation: Three-dimensional, evidence-based, intuitive and thorough /Michael Giretzlehner, Lars-Peter Kamolz, Johannes Dirnberger and Robert Owen --Evaluation of mimic function in patients with facial burns by use of the three-dimensional video-analysis /Maria Michaelidou and Manfred Frey --Rehabilitation and scar management /Lars-Peter Kamolz and Marc G. Jeschke --Exercise /Karen J. Kowalske, Serina J. McEntire and Oscar E. Suman --Part 3.Burn reconstruction (Principles and techniques) --Principles of burn reconstruction /Lars-Peter Kamolz and David B. Lumenta --Tissue expanders in burn surgery /Norbert Pallua and Erhan Demir --Burn reconstruction: Skin substitutes and tissue engineering /Raymund E. Horch and Volker J. Schmidt --Twelve year follow-up: A clinical study on dermal regeneration /Monica C. T. Bloemen, Paul P. M. van Zuijlen and Esther Middelkoop --Generation of adipose tissue based on tissue engineering: An overview /Maike Keck, David B. Lumenta and Lars-Peter Kamolz --Part 4.Burn reconstruction (Specific regions) --Burn reconstruction: Neck region /Norbert Pallua and Erhan Demir --Burn reconstruction: Eye region /Andreas Heckmann and Peter M. Vogt --Reconstruction of the post burn ear /Andrew Burd --Reconstruction of the perioral region after facial burns /Timo Alexander Spanholtz and Riccardo E. Giunta --Nasal reconstruction /Lars-Peter Kamolz, Maike Keck, Harald Selig and David B. Lumenta --Reconstruction/Correction of burn alopecia /Lars-Peter Kamolz, Maike Keck, Harald Selig and David B. Lumenta --Burn reconstruction: Breast /Eva Koellensperger and Guenter Germann --Reconstruction of burn deformities of the lower extremity /Christian Ottomann and Bernd Hartmann --Thermal injuries to the foot /Thilo Schenck and Riccardo E. Giunta --Burn reconstruction: Hand and upper extremity /Hugo Benito Kitzinger, Birgit Karle and Manfred Frey --Part 5.Burn reconstruction (Future perspectives) --Burn reconstruction -- Future perspectives: Facial transplantation /Maria Siemionow and Fatih Zor --Modern myoprostheses in electric burn injuries of the upper extremity /Oskar C. Aszmann, Hans Diet, Tatjana Paternostro and Manfred Frey.
- Handbook of cancer chemotherapy. 7th ed. 2007, OvidBiologic and pharmacologic basis of cancer chemotherapy and biotherapy / Roland T. Skeel and Samir N. Khleif -- Systemic assessment of the patient with cancer and long-term consequences of treatment / Roland T. Skeel -- Selection of treatment for the patient with cancer / Roland T. Skeel -- Antineoplastic drugs and biologic response modifiers : classification, use, and toxicity of clinically useful agents / Roland T. Skeel -- High-dose chemotherapy and hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in hematologic malignancies / Roberto Rodriguez and Chatchada Karanes -- Carcinomas of the head and neck / Harlan A. Pinto -- Carcinoma of the lung / Sophie Sun and Joan H. Schiller -- Carcinomas of the gastrointestinal tract / Al B. Benson, III -- Carcinomas of the pancreas, liver, gallbladder, and bile ducts / Rekha T. Chaudhary -- Carcinoma of the breast / Iman Mohamed -- Gynecologic cancer / Stephen Andrews -- Urologic and male genital cancers / Joseph S. Chan, Scott B. Saxman, and Craig R. Nichols -- Kidney cancer / Walter D. Y. Quan, Jr. and Mikhail Vinogradov -- Thyroid and adrenal carcinomas / Haitham S. Abu-Lebdeh and Samir N. Khleif -- Melanomas and other skin malignancies / Karen S. Milligan and Walter D. Y. Quan, Jr. -- Primary and metastatic brain tumors / April F. Eichler and Tracy T. Batchelor -- Soft tissue sarcomas / Robert S. Benjamin --Bone sarcomas / Robert S. Benjamin -- Acute leukemias / Olga Frankfurt and Martin S. Tallman -- Chronic leukemias / Peter White and Paul R. Walker -- Myeloproliferative diseases and myelodysplastic syndromes / Peter White and Paul R. Walker -- Hodgkin's lymphoma / Richard S. Stein and David S. Morgan -- Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma / Richard S. Stein and John P. Greer -- Multiple myeloma, other plasma cell disorders , and primary amyloidosis / Rachid Baz and Mohamad A. Hussein -- Metastatic cancer of unknown origin / James M. Leonardo -- Human immunodeficiency virus / Mary E. Cianfrocca -- Side effects of cancer chemotherapy / Janelle M. Tipton -- Infections : etiology, treatment, and prevention / Joan M. Duggan -- Transfusion therapy, bleeding, and clotting / Mary R. Smith and NurJehan Quraishy -- Oncology emergencies and critical care issues, anaphylaxis, spinal cord compression, cerebral edema, superior vena cava syndrome, hypercalcemia, tumor lysis syndrome, and respiratory failure / Roland T. Skeel -- Malignant pleural, peritoneal, and pericardial effusions and meningeal infiltrates / Rekha T. Chaudhary -- Cancer pain / Michael J. Fisch and Charles S. Cleeland -- Emotional and psychiatric problems in patients with cancer / Kathleen S. N. Franco-Bronson and Kristi S. Williams.
- SECTION I: BASIC PRINCIPLES AND CONSIDERATIONS OF RATIONAL CHEMOTHERAPY AND MOLECULAR THERAPY -- 1. Biologic and pharmacologic basis of cancer chemotherapy / Roland T. Skeel -- 2. Biologic basis of molecular targeted therapy / Osama E. Rahma, Samir N. Khleif -- 3. Systemic assessment of the patient with cancer and consequences of treatment / Roland T. Skeel -- 4. Selection of treatment with the patient with cancer / Roland T. Skeel -- SECTION II: CHEMOTHERAPY AND MOLECULAR THERAPY OF HUMAN CANCER -- 5. Carcinonas of the head and neck / Barbara A. Murphy -- 6. Carcinomas of the lung / David E. Gerber, Joan H. Schiller -- 7. Carcinomas of the gastrointestinal tract / Maxwell Vergo, AI B. Benson III -- 8. Carcinomas of the pancreas, liver, gallbladder, and bile ducts / Timothy J. Kennedy, Steven K. Libutti -- 9. Carcinomas of the breast / Patrick Glyn Morris, Clifford A. Hudis -- 10. Gynecologic cancer / Thomas McNally, Richard T. Penson, Chau Tran, Michael J. Birrer -- 11. Urologic and male genital cancers / Brendan D. Curti, Craig R. Nichols -- 12. Kidney cancer / Mark T. Andolina, Colleen Darnell, Olivier Rixe -- 13. Thyroid and adrenal cancinomas / Haitham S. Abu-Lebdeh, Michael E. Menefee, Keith C. Bible -- 14. Melanomas and other cutaneous malignancies / Ragini Kudchadkar, Jeffrey S. Weber -- 15. Primary and metastatic brain tumors / April Fitzsimmons Eichler, Tracy T. Batchelor -- 16. Soft tissue sarcomas / Robert S. Benjamin -- 17. Bone sarcomas / Robert S. Benjamin -- 18. Acute leukemias / Olga Frankfurt, Martin S. Tallman -- 19. Chronic leukemias / Khaled el-Shami, Bruce D. Cheson -- 20. Myeloproliferative neoplasms and myledysplastic syndromes / Elias Jabbour, Hagop Kantarjian -- 21. Hodgkin lymphoma / Richard S. Stein, David S. Morgan -- 22. Non-Hodgkin lymphoma / Mark Roschewski, Wyndham H. Wilson -- 23. Multiple myeloma, other plasma cell disorders, and primary amyloidosis / Rachid Baz, Mohamad A. Hussein -- 24. Metastatic cancer of unknown origin / James M. Leonardo -- 25. HIV-associated malignancies / Thomas S. Uldrick, Mark N. Polizzotto, Robert Yarchoan -- SECTION III: SUPPORTIVE CARE OF PATIENTS WITH CANCER -- 26. Side effects of chemotherapy and molecular targeted therapy / Janelle M. Tipton -- 27. Infections: etiology, treatment, and prevention / Thomas J. Walsh, Joan M. Duggan -- 28. Transfusion therapy, bleeding, and clotting / Mary R. Smith, NurJehan Quraishy -- 29. Oncology emergencies and critical care issues: spinal cord compression, cerebral edema, Superior Vena Cava Syndrome, anaphylaxis, respiratory failure, Tumor Lysis Syndrome, hypercalcemia, and bone metastasis / Roland T. Skeel -- 30. Malignant pleural, peritoneal, and pericardial effusions and meningeal infiltrates / Rekha T. Chaudhary -- 31. Cancer pain / Richard T. Lee, Michael J. Fisch -- 32. Emotional and psychiatric problems in patients with cancer / Kristi Skeel Williams, Kathleen S.N. Franco-Bronson -- SECTION IV: CHEMOTHERAPEUTIC AND MOLECULAR TARGETED AGENTS AND THEIR USE -- 33. Classification, use, and toxicity of clinically useful chemocherapy and molecular targeted therapy / Roland T. Skeel -- Appendix A: Nomogram for determining body surface area of adults from height and mass -- Appendix B: Nomogram for determining boy surface area of children from height and mass.
- Handbook of cancer survivorship 2007, SpringerPart I: --Burden --Cancer survivorship: a bird's eye view from an insider /Michael Feuerstein --The burden of cancer survivorship: a pandemic of treatment success /Steven N. Wolff --Quality of care /Craig C. Earle --Quality of life in long-term cancer survivors /Joan Bloom, Soo H. Kang, Dana M. Petersen, and Susan L. Stewart --Health care disparities /Salewa Oseni and Ismail Jatoi --Measuring quality of life in cancer survivors /David Victorson, David Cella, Lynne Wagner, Laura Kramer, and Mary Lou Smith --Part II: --Common problems --Exercise motivation and behavior change /Kerry S. Corneya, Kristina H. Karvinen, and Jeffrey K.H. Vallance --Fatigue /Alexander V. Ng, Carlynn A. Alt, and Elizabeth M. Gore --Pain /Victor T. Chang and Ryuichi Sekine --Depression /Peter C. Trask and Timothy Pearman --Interpersonal relationships /Andrea A. Thorton and Martin A. Perez --Adaptation in the face of advanced cancer /Carissa A. Low, Tammy Beran, and Annette L. Stanton --Part III: --Secondary prevention --Restoring emotional well-being: a model /Robert W. Lent --Physical activity for cancer survivors: potential benefits and guidelines /Clare Stevinson, Kristin L. Campbell, Christopher M. Sellar, and Kerry S. Courneya --Nutrition and weight management in cancer survivors /Virginia Uhley and K. L. Catherine Jen --Management of chemotherapy related cognitive dysfunction /Robert J. Ferguson, Raine Riggs, Tim Ahles, and Andrew J. Saykin --Smoking cessation and cancer survivors /Jamie S. Ostroff and Lara K. Dhingra --Psychological distress, depression, and anxiety /Arthur M. Nezu and Christine Maguth Nezu --Managing daily and long-term stress /Linda E. Carlson and Michael Speca --Pain and function: a psychosocial perspective /Michael J.L. Sullivan, Pascal Thibault, Andre Savard, and Ana Velly --Work /Jos Vebeek and Evelien Spelten --Comprehensive long-term follow-up: cancer survivorship centers /Linda A. Jacobs, Jane Alavi, Angela DeMichele, Steven Palmer, Carrie Stricher, and David Vaughn --Part IV: --Survivor and provider perspectives --Survivor perspectives on quality care /Kathryn McPherson and Rod MacLeod --Living with advanced cancer /Sheila Payne --Part V: --International perspective --Global considerations /Patricia A. Findley --Part VI: --Future directions --Cancer survivorship: research, practice, and policy /Michael Feuerstein.
- Handbook of cancer vaccines Lane Catalog record
- Handbook of capillary and microchip electrophoresis and associated microtechniques. 3rd ed. 2008, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of carbohydrate engineering 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of cardiovascular CT 2008, Springer
- Approaching your academic career / Laura Weiss Roberts and Donald M. Hilty -- Strategies for academically-oriented residents in psychiatry / Laura B. Dunn -- Strategies for women, minorities, and other underrepresented faculty / Russell F. Lim, Annelle B. Primm, Donald M. Hilty -- Strategies for psychologists and other health professionals / Jerald Belitz, Brad K. Grunert, Laura Weiss Roberts -- Preparing your curriculum vitae / Deborah Simpson -- Interviewing for an academic position / Richard H. Gibson and Laura Weiss Roberts -- Evaluating your contract/letter of offer / Andrew Norton -- Managing your time / Blythe A. Corbett and Donald M. Hilty.Reading and preparing a basic budget / David Peterson -- Aligning your goals with those of colleagues, the department, and the institution / Donald M. Hilty and Robert E. Hales -- Understanding and preparing for the process of academic promotion / Dan-Vy Mui, Donald M. Hilty, James A. Clardy -- Negotiating with the chairman / Jerald Belitz -- Developing your ethics skills / Ryan Spellecy and Laura Weiss Roberts -- Giving feedback / Jon Lehrmann -- Teaching and helping others to learn / Malathi Srinivasan and Donald M. Hilty -- Teaching in small group settings / Hendry Ton, Donald M. Hilty, Michael S. Wilkes -- Writing test questions and constructing assessments / Teresita McCarty.Writing and reading letters of recommendation / Joseph B. Layde -- Searching the literature to find the information you need / Cynthia M.A. Geppert -- Evaluating clinical research studies / Teddy D. Warner and Donald M. Hilty -- Publishing a manuscript / Alan Louie, John H. Coverdale, Laura Weiss Roberts -- Serving as a manuscript reviewer / Thomas Heinrich -- Approaching your first grant application and the grant review process / Michele T. Pato and Carlos N. Pato -- Approaching research, evaluation, and CQI projects / Donald M. Hilty, Martin H. Leamon, Laura Weiss Roberts.Approaching certification and maintenance of certification / Stephen Scheiber, Laura Weiss Roberts, Donald M. Hilty -- Being a good mentor and colleague / Linda L.M. Worley, Jonathan F. Borus, Donald M. Hilty -- Networking with others / Laura Weiss Roberts, Donald M. Hilty, Deborah J. Hales -- Taking care of yourself / Blythe A. Corbett -- Creating a positive early career environment / Joel Yager and Donald M. Hilty.
- Handbook of catalyst preparation 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of categorization in cognitive science 2005, ScienceDirect
- Handbook of cell signaling. 2nd ed. 2010, ScienceDirect
- Handbook of cell-penetrating peptides. 2nd ed. 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of chemical and biological warfare agents. 2nd ed. 2008, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of chemoinformatics algorithms 2010, CRCnetBASEChapter 1. Representing Two-Dimensional (2D) Chemical Structures with Molecular Graphs / Ovidiu Ivanciuc -- Chapter 2. Algorithms to Store and Retrieve Two-Dimensional (2D) Chemical Structures / Milind Misra, Jean-Loup Faulon -- Chapter 3. Three-Dimensional (3D) Molecular Representations / Egon L. Willighagen -- Chapter 4. Molecular Descriptors / Nikolas Fechner, Georg Hinselmann, Jor̈g Kurt Wegner -- Chapter 5. Ligand- and Structure-Based Virtual Screening / Robert D. Clark, Diana C. Roe -- Chapter 6. Predictive Quantitative Structure-Activity Relationships Modeling: Data Preparation and the General Modeling Workflow / Alexander Tropsha, Alexander Golbraikh -- Chapter 7. Predictive Quantitative Structure-Activity Relationships Modeling: Development and Validation of QSAR Models / Alexander Tropsha, Alexander Golbraikh -- Chapter 8. Structure Enumeration and Sampling / Markus Meringer -- Chapter 9. Computer-Aided Molecular Design / Donald P. "Visco, Jr." -- Chapter 10. Computer-Aided Molecular Design / Diana C. Roe -- Chapter 11. Reaction Network Generation / Jean-Loup Faulon, Pablo Carbonell -- Chapter 12. Open Source Chemoinformatics Software and Database Technologies / Rajarshi Guha -- Chapter 13. Sequence Alignment Algorithms / Tatsuya Akutsu -- Chapter 14. Machine Learning-Based Bioinformatics Algorithms / Shawn Martin -- Chapter 15. Using Systems Biology Techniques to Determine Metabolic Fluxes and Metabolite Pool Sizes / Fangping Mu, Amy L. Bauer, James R. Faeder, William S. Hlavacek.
- Handbook of child and adolescent anxiety disorders 2011, SpringerPt. I.Foundations in child and adolescent anxiety.Classification of child and adolescent anxiety disorders /Dean McKay and Eric A. Storch ;Issues in differential diagnosis : phobias and phobic conditions /Marjorie Crozier, Seth J. Gillihan, and Mark B. Powers ;Issues in differential diagnosis : considering generalized anxiety disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and posttraumatic stress disorder /Jeremy Cohen, Matthew Mychailyszyn, Cara Settipani, Sarah Crawley, and Philip C. Kendall --Pt. II.Diagnostic components in child/adolescent anxiety disorders.Cognitive behavioral models of phobias and pervasive anxiety /Brian Pilecki and Dean McKay ;Genetics of childhood and adolescent anxiety /Paul D. Arnold and Stephanie Taillefer ;Neuropsychological considerations in child and adolescent anxiety /Michael J. Larson, Mikle South, and Tricia Merkley ;Empirical approaches to the study of latent structure and classification of child and adolescent anxiety psychopathology /Amit Bernstein and Michael J. Zvolensky ;Dimensional diagnosis of anxiety in youth /Melanie W. Moretz and Dean McKay --Pt. III.Ancilliary components of child and adolescent anxiety.Differential diagnosis and comorbid ADHD in childhood /Alasdair Vance ;Comorbid and secondary depression /Margaret S. Andover, Genevieve N. Izzo, and Chris A. Kelly ;The role of disgust in childhood anxiety disorders /Melanie W. Moretz, Jon Rogove, and Dean McKay ;Emotion regulation in childhood anxiety /Marni L. Jacob, Kristel Thomassin, Diana Morelen, and Cynthia Suveg ;Emergent personality disorders among adolescents with anxiety disorders /Jeffrey G. Johnson, Jennifer L. Tackett, Candice S. Baugh, Courtney McCullough, Joel S. Sneed, Heather Lawson, and Lauren C. Johnert ;Temperament and anxiety disorders /Elizabeth C. Winter and O. Joseph Bienvenu ;Parenting and child anxiety disorders /Bryce D. McLeod, Jeffrey J. Wood, and Shelley B. Avny --Pt. IV.Psychological and pharmacological treatments of child/adolescent anxiety disorders.Specific phobias /Thompson E. Davis III and Thomas H. Ollendick ;Separation anxiety disorder /Andrew R. Eisen, Joshua M. Sussman, Talya Schmidt, Luke Mason, Lee Ann Hausler, and Rebecca Hashim ;Generalized anxiety disorder /Carl F. Weems and R. Enrique Varela ;Selective mutism /Christopher A. Kearney, Courtney Haight, and Timothy L. Day ;Social anxiety /Tracy L. Morris and Chelsea M. Ale ;Pediatric posttraumatic stress disorder /Komal Sharma-Patel, Beryl Filton, Elissa J. Brown, Deborah Zlotnik, Carole Campbell, and Jennifer Yedlin ;Obsessive-compulsive disorder /Omar Rahman, Jeannette M. Reid, Amy M. Parks, Dean McKay, and Eric A. Storch ;Pharmacological treatment for phobias and anxiety disorders /Michael H. Bloch and Joseph F. McGuire ;Pharmacological approaches to medication-resistant anxiety in children and adolescents /Justine Larson, Susan DosReis, Marisa Matthys, and Mark Riddle ;Psychopharmacological treatment of anxiety in adolescents with comorbid substance abuse /Marco A. Grados ;Combined psychological and pharmacological treatment of pediatric anxiety disorder /Hunna J. Watson --Pt. V.Special populations and additional treatment elements.Parent training for childhood anxiety /Adam B. Lewin ;School-based interventions for anxiety in youth /Aleta Angelosante, Daniela Colognori, Clark R. Goldstein, and Carrie Masia Warner ;Phobias and anxiety-related problems in mental retardation and developmental disabilities /Dave Dagnan ;Food neophobia in children : misnomer, anxious arousal, or other emotional avoidance? /Jon Rogove, Jessica Masty, and Dean McKay ;Social disability and impairment in childhood anxiety /Jordana Muroff and Abigail Ross ;Anxiety disorders in children with chronic health problems /Lara J. Farrell, Caroline Donovan, Cynthia M. Turner, and John R. Walker ;Immune and endocrine function in child and adolescent obsessive-compulsive disorder /Tanya K. Murphy and Kelley Yokum.
- Handbook of childhood and adolescent obesity 2008, SpringerPediatric obesity: trends and epidemiology / Ric G. Steele, Timothy D. Nelson, and Elissa Jelaian -- Health consequences of obesity in children and adolescents / Patrick Vivier and Christine Tompkins -- Psychological factors related to obesity in children and adolescents / Meg H. Zeller and Avani C. Modi -- Binge eating among children and adolescents / Marian Tanofsky-Kraff -- The definition and assessment of childhood overweight: a development perspective / Chermaine Tyler and Ginny Fullerton -- Diet assessment in children and adolescents / Nancy E. Sherwood -- Development of eating patterns / Vicky Phares, Jessica Curley, and Ariz Rojas -- Physiological mechanisms impacting weight regulation / David Fields and Paul Higgins -- Socioeconomic factors related to obesity in children and adolescents / Elizabeth Goodman -- The obesogenic environment / Amy A. Gorin and Melissa M. Crane -- Application of genetic epidemiology to understanding pediatric obesity / Robert Mair and Stephen T. McGarvey -- Development considerations in the prevention of pediatric obesity / Melissa Xanthopoulos, Chantelle Hart, and Elissa Jelalian -- Evidence-based treatments for childhood obesity / Hollie A. Raynor -- Empirically supported treatment of overweight adolescents / Alan M. Delamater ... [et al.] -- Intensive therapies for the treatment of pediatric obesity / Joan C. Han and Jack A. Yanovski -- Residential treatment programs for pediatric obesity / Paul J. Gately and Carlton B. Cooke -- Model treatment programs / Ann McGrath Davis and Rochelle L. James -- Cultural considerations in the development of pediatric weight management interventions / Dawn K. Wilson and Heather Kitzman-Ulrich -- Prevention of childhood obesity in childcare settings / Barbara A. Dennison and Myles S. Faith -- Obesity prevention programs for school-aged children and adolescents / David M. Janicke, Bethany J. Sallinen, and Jessica C. White Plume -- Preventing childhood obesity through collaborative public health action in communities / Vicki L. Collie-Akers and Stephen B. Fawcett -- The role of public policy in addressing the pediatric obesity epidemic / Patricia B. Crawford ... [et al.] -- Application of innovative technologies in the prevention and treatment of overweight in children and adolescents / Deborah F. Tate -- Motivational interviewing and pediatric obesity / Robyn S. Mehlenbeck and Yana Markov Wember -- Treatment of children and adolescents with obesity and comorbid psychiatric conditions / Alan Zametkin, Alanna Jacobs, Jessica Parrish -- Application of empirically supported treatments to clinical settings / Craig A. Johnston and William T. Dalton III -- Future directions in pediatric obesity prevention and intervention: research and practice / Elissa Jelalian, Ric G. Steele, and Chad D. Jensen.
- Handbook of clinical anesthesia procedures of the Massachusetts General Hospital. 8th ed. 2010, OvidPart I: Evaluating the patient before anesthesia --Evaluating the patient before anesthesia /Alla Tauber and Mary Kraft --Specific considerations with cardiac disease /Shahzad Shaefi and Hovig V. Chitilian --Specific considerations with pulmonary disease /Stephanie C. Cintora and Kenneth E. Shepherd --Specific considerations with renal disease /Rafael Vazquez and William Benedetto --Specific considerations with liver disease /Salomon M. Maya and Wilton C. Levine --Specific considerations with endocrine disease /Anne M. Drewry, Robert A. Peterfreund, and Stephanie L. Lee --Infectious diseases and infection control in anesthesia /Shahzad Shaefi and Ulrich Schmidt --Part II: Administration of anesthesia --Safety in anesthesia /Sara N. Goldhaber-Fiebert and Jeffrey B. Cooper --The anesthesia machine /Andrew R. Vaclavik and Greg Ginsburg --Monitoring /Jennifer Chatburn and Warren S. Sandberg --Intravenous and inhalation anesthetics /Claudia Benkwitz and Ken Solt --Neuromuscular blockade /Oleg V. Evgenov and Peter F. Dunn --Airway evaluation and management /Cosmin Gauran and Peter F. Dunn --Administration of general anesthesia /Victor A. Chin and Stuart A. Forman --Local anesthetics /Maryam Jowza and Rebecca D. Minehart --Spinal, epidural, and caudal anesthesia /Jason M. Lewis and May C. M. Pian-Smith --Regional anesthesia /Keith Fragoza and Lisa Warren --Intra-anesthetic problems /Jonathan D. Bloom and Keith Baker --Perioperative hemodynamic control /Brian T. Bateman and Vilma E. Ortiz --Anesthesia for abdominal surgery /Emily A. Singer and John J. A. Marota --Anesthesia for thoracic surgery /Junichi Naganuma and Paul H. Alfille --Anesthesia for vascular surgery /M. Richard Pavao and Edward A. Bittner --Anesthesia for cardiac surgery /Ethan Small and Jason Zhensheng Qu --Anesthesia for neurosurgery /Scott A. LeGrand and Michele Szabo --Anesthesia for head and neck surgery /Brian D. Cauley and Deborah S. Pederson --Anesthesia for urologic surgery /Kris C. Lukauskis and William R. Kimball --Anesthesia for geriatric patients /Zhongcong Xie and Christine Finer --Anesthesia for surgical emergencies in the neonate /James Y. Ko ... [et al.] --Anesthesia for pediatric surgery /Susan A. Vassallo and LIsbeth L. Pappas --Anesthesia for obstetrics and gynecology /Amy Ortman and Lisa Leffert --Ambulatory anesthesia /Christopher J. Hodge and LIsa Wollman --Anesthesia outside of the operating room /Thomas J. Graetz and John J. A. Marota --Anesthesia for trauma and burns /Vikram Kumar and Keith Baker --Transfusion therapy /Shubha V. Y. Raju and Jonathan E. Charnin --Part III: Perioperative issues --The postanesthesia care unit /Asheesh Kumar and Edward E. George --Perioperative respiratory failure /Michael R. Shaughnessy and Luca M. Bigatello --Adult, pediatric, and newborn resuscitation /Richard M. Pino, Bradley E. Randel, and Arthur J. Tokarcyzk --Pain /Karsten Bartels and James P. Rathmell --Complementary and alternative medicine /Margaret A. Gargarian and P. Grace Harrell --Ethical and end-of-life issues /Sheri Berg and Rae M. Allain --Appendix A: supplemental drug information /Bishr Haydar.
- The history of anesthesia -- Practice and operating room management -- Experimental design and statistics -- Occupational health -- Professional liability, quality improvement, and anesthetic risk -- Cellular and molecular mechanisms of anesthesia -- Genomic basis of perioperative medicine -- Electrical and fire safety -- Acid-base and fluids -- Hemotherapy and hemostasis -- Basic principles of clinical pharmacology -- Autonomic nervous system : physiology and pharmacology -- Nonopioid intravenous anesthesia -- Opioids -- Inhalation anesthesia -- Neuromuscular blocking agents -- Local anesthetics -- Preoperative evaluation and management -- Anesthesia for patients with rare and coexisting diseases --Malignant hyperthermia and other pharmacogenetic disorders -- Delivery systems for inhaled anesthetics -- Airway management -- Patient positioning -- Monitoring the anesthetized patient -- Epidural and spinal anesthesia -- Peripheral nerve blockade -- Anesthesia for neurosurgery -- Respiratory function in anesthesia -- Anesthesia for thoracic surgery -- Cardiovascular anatomy and physiology -- Anesthesia for cardiac surgery -- Anesthesia for vascular surgery -- Anesthesia and the eye -- Anesthesia for otolaryngologic surgery -- Renal physiology and anesthesia for urologic surgery -- Anesthesia and obesity -- Anesthesia and gastrointestinal disorders -- Anesthesia for minimally invasive procedures --Anesthesia and the liver -- Anesthesia for orthopedic surgery -- Anesthesia and the endocrine system -- Obstetric anesthesia -- Neonatal anesthesia -- Pediatric anesthesia -- Anesthesia for the geriatric patient -- Anesthesia for ambulatory surgery -- Monitored anesthetic care -- Trauma and burns -- The allergic response -- Drug interactions -- Anesthesia provided at alternative sites -- Office-based anesthesia -- Anesthesia for organ transplantation -- Postoperative recovery -- Management of acute postoperative pain -- Chronic pain management -- Anesthesia and critical care medicine -- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation -- Disaster preparedness and weapons of mass destruction.
- Handbook of clinical child neuropsychology. 3rd ed. 2009, SpringerFoundations and current issues -- Development of neuropsychology as a professional psychological specialty: history, training, and credentialing -- Development of the child's brain and behavior -- Development of cerebral lateralization in children -- Development of higher brain functions: birth through adolescence -- Neuropsychology of child psychopathology -- Neurodevelopmental malformations: etiology and clinical manifestations -- Pediatric brain injury: mechanisms and amelioration -- Neuropsychological basis of learning disabilities -- Measurement and statistical problems in neuropsychological assessment of children -- Models of inference in evaluating brain-behavior relationships in children -- Neuropsychological diagnosis -- Halstead-Reitan Neuropsychological Test Batteries for Children -- Nebraska Neuropsychological Children's Battery -- Applications of the Kaufman Assessment Battery for Children, 2nd edition in neuropsychological assessment -- Utilizing a neuropsychological paradigm for understanding common educational and psychological tests -- Assessment of behavior and personality in the neuropsychological diagnosis of children -- Psychophysiological evaluation of neuropsychological disorders in children -- Assessment of the Hispanic child -- Techniques of intervention -- Neurocognitive interventions for childhood and adolescent disorders: a transactional model -- Brain injury rehabilitation of children and youth: neurodevelopmental perspectives -- Neuropsychology of pediatric epilepsy and antiepileptic drugs -- Neuropsychological effects of stimulant medication on children's learning and behavior -- Nonstimulant psychotropic medication: desired and adverse cognitive events -- Special topics in clinical child neuropsychology -- Child clinical neuropsychology of drug abuse -- Neuropsychological aspects of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder -- Neurobehavioral and neurodevelopmental sequelae associated with pediatric HIV infection -- Neuropsychological sequelae of chronic medical disorders in children and youth -- Coping and adjustment of children with neurological disorder -- Child forensic neuropsychology: a scientific approach -- Neuropsychology and coma management -- Neuropsychological aspects of pervasive developmental and autism spectrum disorders -- Using the Planning, Attention, Simultaneous, Successive (PASS) theory within a neuropsychological context.
- Handbook of clinical neurology v. 79-, 2003-, ScienceDirect
- Handbook of clinical nutrition and aging. 2nd ed. 2009, Springer
- Handbook of clinical psychology competencies 2010, SpringerV. 1.General competencies --v. 2.Intervention and treatment for adults --v. 3.Intervention and treatment for children and adolescents.
- Current theories and treatment of depression -- Cognitive theory of depression -- Hypnosis and hypnotherapy -- Circular feedback model of depression -- Clinical implications and empirical evidence -- Cognitive hypnotherapy case formulation -- First aid for depression -- Cognitive behavior therapy -- Hypnotherapy -- Cognitive hypnotherapy -- Developing antidepressive pathways -- Breaking ruminative pattern -- Behavioral activation therapy -- Improving social skills -- Mindfulness and acceptance -- Relapse prevention -- Future directions.
- Handbook of combinatorial chemistry 2002, WileyPart I. General Aspects -- ch. 1. Combinatorial Chemistry in Perspective / K. C. Nicolaou, R. Hanko and W. Hartwig, p. 1-9 -- ch. 2. Introduction to Combinatorial Chemistry / David L. Coffen and Joachim E. A. Luithle, p. 10-23 -- ch. 3. Solid Phase and Soluble Polymers for Combinatorial Synthesis / Rainer Haag, André Hebel and Jean-François Stumbé, p. 24-58 -- ch. 4. Linkers for Solid-Phase Synthesis / Stefan Bräse and Stefan Dahmen, p. 59-169 -- ch. 5. Encoding Technologies / Thomas Krämer, Valery V. Antonenko, Reza Mortezaei and Nicolay V. Kulikov, p. 170-189 -- ch. 6. Instrumentation for Combinatorial Chemistry / Marcus Bauser and Hubertus Stakemeier, p. 190-224 -- Part II. Synthetic Chemistry -- ch. 7. Radical Reactions in Combinatorial Chemistry / A. Ganesan and Mukund P. Sibi, p. 225-246 -- ch. 8. Nucleophilic Substitution in Combinatorial and Solid-Phase Synthesis / Jan-Gerd Hansel and Stephan Jordan, p. 247-269 -- ch. 9. Electrophilic Substitution in Combinatorial and Solid-Phase Synthesis / Jan-Gerd Hansel and Stephan Jordan, p. 270-278 -- ch. 10. Elimination Chemistry in the Solution- and Solid-Phase Synthesis of Combinatorial Libraries / Demosthenes Fokas and Carmen Baldino, p. 279-304 -- ch. 11. Addition to CC Multiple Bonds (Except for CC Bond Formation / Adrian L. Smith, p. 305-321 -- ch. 12. Addition to Carbon-Hetero Multiple Bonds / Philipp Grosche, Jörg Rademann and Günther Jung, p. 322-345 -- ch. 13. Chemistry of the Carbonyl Group / Tobias Wunberg, p. 346-368 -- ch. 14. Oxidation Except CC Double Bonds / Henning Steinhagen, p. 369-386 -- ch. 15. Reductions in Combinatorial Synthesis / Christopher P. Corrette and Conrad W. Hummel, p. 387-439 -- ch. 16. Cycloadditions in Combinatorial and Solid-Phase Synthesis / Markus Albers and Thorsten Meyer, p. 440-469 -- ch. 17. Main Group Organometallics / Christopher Kallus, p. 470-491 -- ch. 18. Enolates and Related Species in Combinatorial and Solid-Phase Synthesis / Jochen Krüger, p. 492-530 -- ch. 19. Solid-Phase Palladium Catalysis for High-Throughput Organic Synthesis / Yasuhiro Uozumi and Tamio Hayashi, p. 531-584 -- ch. 20. Olefin Metathesis and Related Processes for CC Multiple Bond Formation / Florencio Zaragoza, p. 585-609 -- Part III. Special Synthetic Topics -- ch. 21. Solid-Phase Synthesis of Natural Products and Natural Product-Like Libraries / K. C. Nicolaou and Jeffrey A. Pfefferkorn, p. 611-642 -- ch. 22. Solid-Phase Synthesis of Heterocyclic Systems (Heterocycles Containing One Heteroatom / Roland E. Dolle, p. 643-684 -- ch. 23. Multicomponent Reactions / Arounarith Tuch and Stefan Wallé, p. 685-705 -- ch. 24. Strategies for Creating the Diversity of Oligosaccharides / Pamela Sears and Chi-Huey Wong, p. 706-722 -- Part IV. Molecular Design and Combinatorial Compound Libraries -- ch. 25. Design Criteria / Josef Pernerstorfer, p. 723-742 -- ch. 26. Estimation of Physicochemical and ADME Parameters / Michael W. Härter, Jörg Keldenich and Walter Schmitt, p. 743-760 -- ch. 27. Virtual Compound Libraries and Molecular Modeling / Roger M. Brunne, Gerhard Hessler and Ingo Muegge, p. 761-783 -- ch. 28. Erythropoietin Sensitizer - A Case Study / Berthold Hinzen, Gabriele Bräunlich, Christoph Gerdes, Thomas Krämer, Klemens Lustig, Ulrich Nielsch, Michael Sperzel and Josef Pernerstorfer, p. 784-805 -- ch. 29. Estimation of Stability and Shelf Life for Compounds, Libraries, and Repositories in Combination with Systematic Discovery of New Rearrangement Pathways / Ferenc Darvas, György Dorman, Tamás Karancsi, Tamás Nagy and István Bágyi, p. 806-828 -- Part V. Novel Applications of Combinatorial Chemistry -- ch. 30. Concepts of Combinatorial Chemistry in Process Development / Markus Eckert and Ulrich Notheis, p. 829-863 -- ch. 31. High-Throughput Screening Applied to Process Development / Oliver Brümmer, Bernd Jandeleit, Tetsuo Uno and W. Henry Weinberg, p. 864-884 -- ch. 32. Combinatorial Methods in Catalysis / Bill Archibald, Oliver Brümmer, Martin Devenney, Sasha Gorer, Bernd Jandeleit, Tetsuo Uno, W. Henry Weinberg and Thomas Weskamp, p. 885-990 -- ch. 33. Diversity-Based Identification of Efficient Homochiral Organometallic Catalysts for Enantioselective Synthesis / Amir H. Hoveyda, p. 991-1016 -- ch. 34. Combinatorial Aspects of Materials Science / Bill Archibald, Oliver Brümmer, Martin Devenney, Daniel M. Giaquinta, Bernd Jandeleit, W. Henry Weinberg and Thomas Weskamp, p. 1017-1062 -- ch. 35. Reprogramming Combinatorial Biology for Combinatorial Chemistry / Sean V. Taylor, p. 1063-1097.
- Handbook of complementary and alternative therapies in mental health 2002, ScienceDirectch. 1.Introduction : the emerging paradigm /Scott Shannon --ch. 2.Integration and holism /Scott Shannon --ch. 3.Cranial osteopathy /R. Paul Lee --ch. 4.Aromatherapy /Raphael d'Angelo --ch. 5.Diet and essential fatty acids /Janet E. Settle --ch. 6.Nutritional supplements /Janet E. Settle --ch. 7.Biofeedback /Donald Moss --ch. 8.Meditation and self-regulatory techniques /Keith G. Lowenstein --ch. 9.Qigong /James Lake --ch. 10.Breath work /Barry A. Sultanoff --ch. 11.Therapeutic touch /J. Ramita Bonadonna --ch. 12.Spiritual healing /Daniel J. Benor --ch. 13.Medical intuition /Eric Leskowitz --ch. 14.Spiritual psychotherapy /Jerry Wyker --ch. 15.Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR) /William M. Zangwill,Jessica Pearson,Phyllis Kosminsky --ch. 16. TheHakomi method and body-centered psychotherapies /Maureen Fallon-Cyr,andMark Fallon-Cyr --ch. 17.Process work /Max Schupbach --ch. 18.Herbal medicine /Hyla Cass,andJerry Cott --ch. 19.Homeopathy /Philip Bailey --ch. 20.Acupuncture /John M. Motl --ch. 21.Ayurveda /Jim Brooks --ch. 22. Thecreative arts : what role do they play? /John Graham-Pole --ch. 23. Theenvironment /Barry A. Sultanoff --ch. 24. Thetherapeutic power of music /John Diamond --ch. 25.Synthesis /Scott Shannon.
- Handbook of computational molecular biology 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of consultation-liaison psychiatry 2007, Springer
- Handbook of contraception 2006, SpringerContraceptive overview / Donna Shoupe -- Oral contraceptives: history, pharmacology, metabolic effects, side effects, and health benefits / Donna Shoupe and Daniel R. Mishell, Jr. -- Oral contraceptives: patient screening and counseling, pill selection, and managing side effects / Donna Shoupe -- Progestin-only oral contraceptives / Donna Shoupe -- Contraceptive patch / Donna Shoupe -- Contraceptive ring / Susan A. Ballagh -- Long-acting progestin injectables: comparison of Depo-Provera with Depo-SubQ Provera 104 / Ronna Jurow and Donna Shoupe -- Contraceptive implants: introducing Implanon / Philip D. Darney -- Intrauterine devices: comparison of the Copper T intrauterine device with the Levonorgestrel Intrauterine system / Angela Y. Chen and Susie Baldwin -- Barrier contraceptives: male condoms, vaginal spermicides, and cervical barrier methods / Donna Shoupe -- Behavioral methods of contraception / Jennefer A. Russo and Anita L. Nelson -- Emergency contraceptives / Donna Shoupe -- Female tubal sterilization: traditional and research methods / Charles M. March -- Contraception for special populations: adolescents and perimenopausal women following pregnancy and during lactation / Donna Shoupe -- Choosing the optimal contraceptive method in women with medical disease / Siri L. Kjos.
- Contraceptive overview / Donna Shoupe -- Oral contraceptives: history, pharmacology, metabolic effects, side effects, and health benefits / Donna Shoupe and Daniel R. Mishell, Jr. -- Oral contraceptives: patient screening and counseling, pill selection, and managing side effects / Donna Shoupe -- Progestin-only oral contraceptives / Donna Shoupe -- Contraceptive patch / Donna Shoupe -- Contraceptive ring / Susan A. Ballagh -- Long-acting progestin injectables: comparison of Depo-Provera with Depo-SubQ Provera 104 / Ronna Jurow and Donna Shoupe -- Contraceptive implants: introducing Implanon / Philip D. Darney -- Intrauterine devices: comparison of the Copper T intrauterine device with the Levonorgestrel Intrauterine system / Angela Y. Chen and Susie Baldwin -- Barrier contraceptives: male condoms, vaginal spermicides, and cervical barrier methods / Donna Shoupe -- Behavioral methods of contraception / Jennefer A. Russo and Anita L. Nelson -- Emergency contraceptives / Donna Shoupe -- Female tubal sterilization: traditionaland research methods / Charles M. March -- Contraception for special populations: adolescents and perimenopausal women following pregnancy and during lactation / Donna Shoupe -- Choosing the optimal contraceptive method in women with medical disease / Siri L. Kjos.
- Handbook of Corynebacterium glutamicum 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of critical and intensive care medicine. 2nd ed. 2010, Springer
- Handbook of Critical Care 2009, Springer
- Acute resuscitation -- Anesthesia -- Cardiovascular therapies -- Pulmonary therapies -- Renal, electrolyte, and acid base disturbances -- Endocrine therapies -- Gastroenterology, liver, and nutrition therapies -- Hematologic therapies -- Neurologic and psychiatric therapeutics -- Infectious diseases -- Allergy -- Poisonings -- Drug monitoring.
- Handbook of cryo-preparation methods for electron microscopy 2009, CRCnetBASEVitreous water / Jacques Dubochet -- Slam-freezing, metal-mirror freezing / Danièle Spehner and Ludwig Edelmann -- Plunge-freezing (Holey carbon method) / Sacha De Carlo -- Controlled vitrification / Peter M. Frederik, Felix de Haas, and Marc M.H. Storms -- BAL-TEC HPM 010 high-pressure freezing machine / Andres Kaech -- High-pressure freezing LEICA EMPACT / Dimitri Vanhecke and Daniel Studer -- Frozen-hydrated macromolecules for structural analysis / Corinne Crucifix, Gabor Papai, and Patrick Schultz -- 2-D crystals / Patrick Bron and Janet Vonck -- Cryo-negative staining / Sacha De Carlo -- Vitrification of dynamic microtubules / Isabelle Arnal, Marine Malleter, and Denis Chrétien -- CEMOVIS : cryo-electron microscopy of vitreous sections / Jacques Dubochet ... [et al.] -- Cryo-electron tomography / Andrew Leis, Manuela Gruska, and Wolfgang Baumeister -- Freeze-substitution / Bruno M. Humbel -- Cryo-fixation, freeze-substitution, rehydration and Tokuyasu cryo-sectioning / York-Dieter Stierhof ... [et al.] -- Freeze-drying and embedding of biological material / Ludwig Edelmann -- The shadow of hydrated biological specimens / Daniel Thomas -- Cryo-fracture of self assembled systems in organic solvent / Marc Schmutz and Philippe J. Mésini -- Progressive lowering of temperature for immunolabeling and in situ hybridization / Annie Cavalier and Danièle Spehner -- Cryo-sectioning according to Tokuyasu / Bruno M. Humbel and York-Dieter Stierhof -- Cryo-preparation procedures for elemental imaging by SIMS and EFTEM / Christian Bordat and Jean-luc Guerquin-Kern -- Correlative light and electron microscopy / Heinz Schwarz and Bruno M. Humbel -- SDS-digested freeze-fracture replica labeling (SDS-FRL) / Yugo Fukazawa ... [et al.] -- Immunolabeling of ultra-thin sections with enlarged 1 nm gold or QDots / York-Dieter Stierhof -- 3-D electron tomography of cells and organelles / Willie J.C. Geerts, Bruno M. Humbel and Arie J. Verkleij -- Final considerations / Hellmuth Sitte.
- Handbook of cultural health psychology 2001, ScienceDirectHealth psychology and culture: embracing the 21st century / S.S. Kazarian, D.R. Evans -- Health care practice in a multicultural context: western and non-western assumptions / M.S. Mulatu and J.W. Berry -- Cross-cultural differences in illness models and expectations for the health care provider-client/patient interaction / T.L. Armstrong and L.C. Swartzman -- Health promotion, disease prevention, and quality of life / D.R. Evans and S.S. Kazarian -- Adherence to health care / H.M. Shearer and D.R. Evans -- From the heartland: culture, psychological factors, and coronary heart disease / B. Baker, A. Richter, and S.S. Anand -- Cultural aspects of cancer prevention and control / C.C. Gotay, M. Muraoka, and J. Holup -- Culturally tailoring HIV/AIDS prevention programs: why, when, and how / A. Raj, H. Amaro, and E. Reed -- Pain from the perspectives of health psychology and culture / C.T. Korol and K.D. Craig -- Cultural issues in suicidal behavior / S.S. Kazarian and E. Persad -- Culture and Latino issues in health psychology / H. Betancourt and J.L. Fuentes -- Health Issues in North American people of African heritage / S.S. Kazarian -- Health psychology and the Native North American client / G.S. Renfrey and R.R. Dionne -- Health beliefs and experiences in Asian cultures / X. Chen and L.C. Swartzman -- Health psychology: South Asian perspectives / P. Chandarana and J.R. Pellizzari -- Women's health: a cultural perspective / E.A. Wise ... [et al.].
- Handbook of cultural psychiatry 2001, ScienceDirect
- Handbook of culture media for food microbiology. 2nd ed. 2003, ScienceDirect
- Handbook of dairy foods and nutrition. 3rd ed. 2007, CRCnetBASEThe importance of milk and milk products in the diet -- Dairy foods and cardiovascular health -- Dairy foods and cancer -- Dairy foods and bone health -- Dairy foods and oral health -- Dairy foods and a healthy weight -- Lactose digestion -- Contribution of dairy foods to health throughout the lifecycle.
- Handbook of data structures and applications 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of decision making 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of depression 2011, Springer
- Handbook of detection of enzymes on electrophoretic gels. 2nd ed. 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of diabetes management 2006, Springer
- Principles of assessment and treatment of bipolar disorders / Terence A. Ketter -- DSM-IV-TR diagnosis of bipolar disorders / Terence A. Ketter, Po W. Wang -- Addressing clinical diagnostic challenges in bipolar disorders / Terence A. Ketter, Po W. Wang -- Multiphase treatment strategy for bipolar disorders / Terence A. Ketter, Po W. Wang, Jenifer L. Culver -- Overview of pharmacotherapy for bipolar disorders / Terence A. Ketter, Po W. Wang -- Management of acute manic and mixed episodes in bipolar disorders / Terence A. Ketter, Po W. Wang -- Management of acute major depressive episodes in bipolar disorders / Po W. Wang, Terence A. Ketter -- Longer-term management of bipolar disorders / Terence A. Ketter, Po W. Wang --Management of rapid-cycling bipolar disorders / Terence A. Ketter, Po W. Wang -- Management of bipolar disorders in children and adolescents / Kiki D. Chang ... [et al.] -- Management of bipolar disorders in women / Laurel N. Zappert, Natalie L. Rasgon -- Management of bipolar disorders in older adults / John O. Brooks III, Barbara R. Sommer, Terence A. Ketter -- Mood stabilizers and antipsychotics : pharmacokinetics, drug interactions, adverse effects, and administration / Terence A. Ketter, Po W. Wang -- Antidepressants, anxiolytics/hypnotics, and other medications : pharmacokinetics, drug interactions, adverse effects, and administration / Terence A. Ketter, Po W. Wang -- Adjunctive psychosocial interventions in the management of bipolar disorders / Jenifer L. Culver, Laura C. Pratchett.
- Personality disorders: trends in clinical practice for a new millennium -- Antisocial personality disorder -- Avoidant personality disorder -- Borderline personality disorder -- Dependent personality disorder -- Histrionic personality disorder -- Narcissistic personality disorder -- Obsessive compulsive personality disorder -- Paranoid personality disorder -- Schizoid personality disorder -- Schizotypal personality disorder.
- Handbook of dialysis. 4th ed. 2007, Ovid
- Handbook of diet, nutrition, and the skin 2012, Springer[Part 1] Introduction -- 1. The Skin: an introduction / N. B. Silverberg -- [Part 2] General aspects of skin, nutrition and diet -- 2. Gut bacteria and skin health / R. Iizuka -- 3. The fatty acids and the skin: a focus on the n-6 family of unsaturated fatty acids / H. S. Hansen -- 4. Role of vitamin B6 in skin health and diseases / N. Kato -- 5. Antioxidants and skin: an overview / Y. Wu, H.-D. Chen, Y.-H. Li, X.-H. Gao and V. R. Preedy -- [Part 3] Micronutrients -- 6. The Skin and vitamin D / D. D. Bikle -- 7. Vitamin C, gene expression and skin health / T. L. Duarte and I. F. Almeida -- 8. Strategies for vitamin E transdermal delivery / S. Trombino -- 9. Vitamin E chemistry, biological activity and benefits on the skin / R. Cassano -- 10. Dietary tocotrienol and UVB-induced skin damage / K. Yamashita -- 11. Zinc and skin health: an overview / H. K. Bangash and A. Sethi -- 12. Iron and skin health: iron stimulates skin function / T. Hirobe -- [Part 4] Nutraceuticals and skin -- 13. Skin photoprotection and nutraceuticals: an overview / P. Morganti -- 14. Effect of flaxseed- and borage oil ingestion on skin conditions / U. Heinrich -- 15. Dietary red ginseng and skin protection / Y. Cho -- 16. Dietary grape seed proanthocyanidins and skin cancer / S.K. Katiyar -- 17. Olive oil as a skin protector / M. Viola -- 18. Protective effect of garlic in skin cancer / T. Saha -- 19. Pre- and probiotics for human skin / J. Krutmann -- 20. Curcumin (turmeric) and its evolving role in skin health / A. Sethi -- 21. Protective effects of vitamin C derivatives on skin atrophy caused by Sod1 deficiency / T. Shimizu -- [Part 5] Skin cancer, nutrition and diet -- 22. Omega-3 Fatty acids and non-melanoma skin cancer / H.S. Black -- 23. Skin cancer and folate metabolism / M. Laing -- 24. Vitamin D and skin cancer / R.S. Mason -- [Part 6] Specific skin conditions in relation to diet and nutrition -- 25. Acne and nutrition / C.C. Zouboulis -- 26. Food allergy and atopic dermatitis / S.S. Lee -- 27. Fructo-oligosaccharides and skin inflammation / K. Sonoyama.
- Handbook of dietary fiber 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of differential diagnosis 2002, PsychiatryOnline
- Handbook of digital and multimedia forensic evidence 2008, SpringerThe analog and digital world / Donald Justin Price -- Training and education in digital evidence / Philip Craiger -- Certification and accreditation overview / John J. Barbara -- History, concepts, and technology of networks and their security / Rebecca Gurley Bace -- The digital crime scene / Mark M. Pollitt -- Investigating cybercrime / Philippe Dubord -- Duties, support functions, and competencies: digital forensics investigators / Larry R. Leibrock -- Electronic evidence and digital forensics testimony in court / Fred Chris Smith and Erin E. Kenneally.
- Handbook of disease burdens and quality of life measures 2010, SpringerReference to quantitative measures of quality of life, life expectancy, and the financial costs of illness and treatment. Features in-depth reviews of disability-adjusted life years (DALYs), quality-adjusted life years (QALYs), quality of life and financial measures for over 120 diseases and conditions.
- Handbook of diversity in parent education 2001, ScienceDirectAmerican families in the 1990s and beyond / Dennis H. Karpowitz -- Gender issues in parenting : parenting teenage girls / Lauren Ayers -- Teaching about sexual diversity : a new frontier for parenthood educators / Donna Swall and Forrest Swall -- Parenting and ethnicity / Diane McDermott -- Parenting in the global community : a cross-cultural international perspective / John Bennett and Liam K. Grimley -- A psychoeducational program for parents of dysfunctional backgrounds / Marvin J. Fine and Katherine F. Wardle -- Supportive family training : education and support for the parents of persons with serious mental illness / Sheila Le Gacy -- Parent education for fathers / Stephen T. Sirridge -- Grandparents raising grandchildren / Oliver W. Edwards -- Parenting emotionally disturbed children / Eric M. Vernberg and Anabella Pavon -- Parenting children with learning disabilities / Paula E. Lancaster -- Parenting children with brain injury / William J. Warzak and Cynthia M. Anderson -- Parenting chronically ill children / Steven W. Lee and Thomas P. Guck -- Education programs for parents and families of children and youth with developmental disabilities / Earle Knowlton and Douglas Mulanax -- Educating parents to be advocates for their children / Michelle L. Moriarty and Marvin J. Fine -- Managing crisis : intervention skills for parents / K.C. Lazzara and Scott Poland.
- Handbook of drug abuse prevention 2006, SpringerI: HISTORICAL OVERVIEW: The emerging science of drug abuse prevention / William J. Bukoski -- II: SOCIAL CONTEXTS OF PREVENTION: Effective mass media strategies for drug abuse prevention campaigns / Philip Palmgreen and Lewis Donohew -- Drug abuse prevention curricula in schools / Gilbert J. Botvin and Kenneth W. Griffin -- Dissemination of research-based family intervention for the prevention of substance abuse / Karol L. Kumpfer and Steve Adler -- Peers and the prevention of adolescent drug use -- / E. R. Oetting and R. S. Lynch -- Mobilizing communities to reduce risk for drug abuse: a comparison of two strategies / Michael W. Arthur, Charles D. Ayers, Kelly A. Graham, and J. David Hawkins -- Community-focused drug abuse prevention / Barry M. Kibel and Harold D.Holder -- Drug abuse prevention in the workplace / Royer F. Cook -- Prevention approaches to methadone treatment settings: children of drug abuse treatment clients / Richard F. Catalano, Kevin P. Haggerty, and Randy R. Gainey -- III: PREVENTION AS SOCIAL CONTROL: Drug tests in prevention research / Robert L. DuPont and Keith E. Saylor -- Anti-drug-abuse policies on prevention strategies / Mary Ann Pentz -- IV: THEORETICAL AND EMPIRICAL FOUNDATIONS OF PREVENTION: Forging a relationship between drug abuse epidemiology and drug abuse prevention / Zili Sloboda -- Risk and protective factors of adolescent drug use: implications for prevention programs / Judith S. Brook. David W. Brook, Linda Richter, and Martin Whiteman -- Bridging the gap between substance use prevention theory and practice / Brian R. Flay and John Petraitis -- Preventive intervention targeting precursors / John E. Lochman -- Designing prevention programs: the developmental perspective / Marvin W. Berkowitz and Audrey L. Begun --V: SPECIAL POPULATIONS: Gender issues in substance abuse prevention / Louise Ann Rohrbach and Joel Milam -- Preventing substance use among Latino youth / Charles R. Martinez, Jr., J. Mark Eddy, and David S. DeGarmo -- African-American substance use epidemiology and prevention issues / William L. Turner and Michael J. Hench -- The effectiveness of alcohol and drug abuse prevention among American-Indian youth / Fred Beauvais and Joseph E. Trimble -- Drug abuse prevention research for Asian and Pacific Islander Americans / W. William Chen -- VI: INTERACTIONS BETWEEN BIOLOGY AND SOCIAL CONTEXT: RISKS FOR MULTIPLE BEHAVIORAL AND MENTAL DISORDERS: Basic science and drug abuse prevention: neuroscience, learning, and personality perspectives / Michael T. Bardo, Thomas Kelly, Donald R. Lynam, and Richard Milich -- Cross-national comparisons of co-morbidities between substance use disorders and mental disorders / Ronald C. Kessler, Sergio Aguilar-Gaxiola, Laura Andrade, Rob Bijl ... [et al.] -- Drug abuse research for high-risk youth / Leona L. Eggert and Brooke P. Randell -- Research designs for family studies / Michael Vanyukov, Howard Moss, and Ralph E. Tarter -- VII: RESEARCH DESIGN, MEASUREMENT, AND DATA ANALYTIC ISSUES: Design principles and their application in preventive field trials / C. Hendricks Brown -- Major data analysis issues in drug abuse prevention research / David P. MacKinnon and James H. Dwyer -- Metholological considerations to prevention research / Linda M. Collins and Brian P. Flaherty -- Prevention program implementation / Steven Schinke and Kristin Cole -- Family management practices: research design and measurement issues / Thomas J. Dishion, Bert Burraston, and Fuzhong Li -- Power analysis models and methods: a latent variable framework for power estimation and analysis / Terry E. Duncan, Susan C. Duncan, and Puzhong Li -- VIII: DRUG ABUSE PREVENTION: A LOOK TO THE FUTURE: Application of computer technology to drug abuse prevention / Kris Bosworth -- Putting science into practice / Gale Held.
- Handbook of drug interactions. 2nd ed. 2012, Springer
- Handbook of drug monitoring methods 2008, SpringerIntroduction to therapeutic drug monitoring. -- Monitoring free drug concentration. -- Analytical techniques for measuring concentrations of therapeutic drugs in biological fluids. -- The pre-analytical phase of drug testing: from specimen collection to analysis. -- Effect of hemolysis, high bilirubin, lipemia, paraproteins, and system factors on therapeutic drug monitoring. -- Digoxin: so many interferences and how to eliminate them. -- Interferences with measurement of anticonvulsants. -- Pitfalls in measuring antidepressant drugs. -- Immunosuppressive drugs: pharmacokinetics, preanalytic variables, and analytical considerations. -- Therapeutic drug monitoring in human immunodeficiency virus/acquired immunodeficiency syndrome. -- Pharmacogenetics and personalized medicine: issues and methodology. -- Interference of heterophilic and other antibodies in measurement of therapeutic drugs by immunoassays. -- Drug-herb and drug-food interactions: impact on therapeutic drug monitoring. -- Toxic element testing with clinical specimens. -- Alcohol testing. -- Introduction to drugs of abuse testing. -- Urinary adulterants and drugs of abuse testing. -- Hair, oral fluid, sweat, and meconium testing for drugs of abuse: advantages and pitfalls. -- Abused and designer drugs and how they escape detection. -- Interpretation of amphetamines screening and confirmation testing. -- Clinical false-positive drug test results. -- Providing expert witness for alcohol and positive drugs of abuse test results.
- Handbook of drug screening 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of dynein 2012, CRCnetBASE"This book draws together recent data on both cytoplasmic and flagellar dyneins and the proteins they interact with, to give readers a clear picture of what is currently known about the structure and mechanics of these remarkable macro-molecular machines. Each chapter is written by active researchers, with a focus on currently used biophysical, biochemical, and cell biological methods. This is a useful handbook for frontline researchers as well as a textbook for advanced students."--P.  of cover.
- Basic principles of ultrasound physics -- Principles of instrumentation and echo-doppler modalities -- Basics of fluid mechanics and hemodynamic equations -- Echo examination and echo anatomy -- Ventricular measurements and systolic function -- Diastolic function -- Aortic valve -- Mitral valve -- The right heart, pulmonary artery, and ventricular system -- Prosthetic heart valves -- Cardiomyopathy and heart failure -- Pericardium and effusions -- Ischemic heart disease and myocardial infarction -- Critical care -- Operating room -- Congenital heart disease -- Source of embolism -- Endocarditis -- Aorta and aortic dissection -- Masses and tumors -- Selected topics.
- Brief history of electrogastrography -- Properties of electrical rhythmicity in the stomach -- Physiological basis of electrogastrography -- Recording the electrogastrogram -- Analysis of the electrogastrogram -- Clinical applications of the EGG -- Tachygastrias -- Bradygastrias and mixed gastric dysrhythmias -- The future and electrogastrography.
- Handbook of ELISPOT methods and protocols 2005., Springer ProtocolsImproving the sensitivity of the ELISPOT analyses of antigen-specific cellular immune responses in rhesus macaques / K. Jagannadha Sastry, Pramod N. Nehete, and Bharti Nehete -- Feline cytokine ELISPOT : issues in assay development / Sushila K. Nordone ... [et al.] -- Measuring T cell function in animal models of tuberculosis by ELISPOT / Vanja Lazarevic, Santosh Pawar, and JoAnne Flynn -- IFN-gamma ELISPOT assay for the quantitative measurement of antigen-specific murine CD8+ T cells / Geoffrey A. Cole -- Detection of measles virus-specific IFN-gamma secreting T cells by ELISPOT / Jenna E. Ryan, Inna G. Ovsyannikova, and Gregory A. Poland -- Epitope mapping in multiple sclerosis using the ELISPOT assay / Clara M. Pelfrey and Ioana R. Moldovan --The ELISPOT assay : a personal retrospective / Jonathan Sedgwick -- Chemistry and biology of the ELISPOT assay / Alexander E. Kalyuzhny -- Membranes and membrane plates used in ELISPOT / Alan J. Weiss -- Standardization and validation issues of the ELISPOT assay / Sylvia Janetzki ... [et al.] -- A cell detachment solution can reduce a background staining in ELISPOT assay : Accumax / Angela Grant ... [et al.] -- Isolation of subsets of immune cells / Carrie E. Peters, Steven M. Woodside, and Allen C. Eaves -- Image analysis and data management of ELISPOT assay results / Paul Viktor Lehmann -- High resolution as a key feature to perform accurate ELISPOT measurements using Zeiss KS ELISPOT readers / Wolf Malkusch --Use of IFN-gamma ELISPOT in monitoring immune responses in humans / Mark Matijevic and Robert G. Urban -- ELISPOT determination of IFN-gamma T cell frequencies in patients with autoimmune sensorineural hearing loss / C. Arturo Solares and Vincent K. Tuohy -- Dual color ELISPOT assay for analyzing cytokine balance / Yoshihiro Okamoto and Mikio Nishida -- Simultaneous detection of multiple cytokines in ELISPOT assays / Sarah Palzer ... [et al.] -- Fluorospot assay : methodological analysis / Agnes Gazagne ... [et al.] -- A gel-based dual antibody capture and detection method for assaying of extracellular cytokine secretion : EliCell / Lisa A. Spencer ... [et al.].
- Handbook of endovascular peripheral interventions 2012, Springer
- Handbook of environmental health. 4th ed. v. 1-2, 2002-03., CRCnetBASEv. 2, 2002 CRCnetBASEv. 1. Biological, chemical, and physical agents of environmentally related disease -- v. 2. Pollutant interactions in air, water, and soil.
- Handbook of epidemiology 2005, SpringerAn introduction to epidemiology / Wolfgang Ahrens, Kalus Krickeberg, Iris Pigeot -- I. Concepts and methodological approaches in epidemiology -- II. Statistical methods in epidemiology -- III. Applications of epidemiology -- IV. Research areas in epidemiology.
- Handbook of epigenetics. 1st ed. 2011, ScienceDirect
- Handbook of episodic memory 2008., ScienceDirectPerspectives on episodic and semantic memory retrieval /Lee Ryan, Siobhan Hoscheidt and Lynn Nadel --Exploring episodic memory /Martin A. Conway --Episodic memory and mental time travel /Thomas Suddendorf and Michael C. Corballis --Episodic memory : reconsolidation /Lynn Nadel ... [et al.] --Attributes of episodic memory processing /Michael R. Hunsaker and Raymond P. Kesner --Cognitive and neural bases of flashbulb memories /Patrick S.R. Davidson --From the past into the future : the development origins and trajectory of episodic future thinking /Cristina M. Atance --Emotion and episodic memory /Philip A. Allen, Kevin P. Kaut and Robert R. Lord --Current status of cognitive time travel research in animals /William A. Roberts --Animal episodic memory /Ekrem Dere ... [et al.] --New working definition of episodic memory : replacing "when" and "which" /Alexander Easton and Madeline J. Eacott --Episodic-like memory in food-hoarding birds /Gesa Feenders and Tom V. Smulders --Representing past and future events /Thomas R. Zentall --Functional neuroanatomy of remote, episodic memory /Morris Moscovitch ... [et al.] --Medial temporal lobe : visual perception and recognition memory /Yael Shrager and Larry R. Squire --Toward a neurobiology of episodic memory /Howard Eichenbaum ... [et al.] --Spatio-temporal context and object recognition memory in rodents /Mark Good --Role of the prefrontal cortex in episodic memory /Matthias Brand and Hans J. Markowitsch --Basal forebrain and episodic memory /Toshikatsu Fujii --Role of the precuneus in episodic memory /Michael R. Trimble and Andrea E. Cavanna --Multiple roles of dopaminergic neurotransmission in episodic memory /Björn H. Schott and Emrah Düzel --Neural coding of episodic memory /Joe Z. Tsien --Primate hippocampus and episodic memory /Edmund T. Rolls --Hippocampal neuronal activity and episodic memory /Emma R. Wood and Livia de Hoz --Hippocampus, context processing and episodic memory /David M. Smith --Memory and perceptual impairments in amnesia and dementia /Kim S. Graham, Andy C.H. Lee and Morgan D. Barense --Using hippocampal amnesia to understand the neural basis of diencephalic amnesia /John P. Aggleton, Richard C. Saunders and Seralynne D. Vann --Structure-function correlates of episodic memory in aging /Jonas Persson and Lars Nyberg --Memory and cognitive performance in preclinical Alzheimer's disease and preclinical vascular disease /Brent J. Small ... [et al.] --Transgenic mouse models of Alzheimer's disease and episodic-like memory /David R. Borchelt and Alena V. Savonenko --Episodic memory in the context of cognitive control dysfunction : the case of Huntington's disease /Francois Richer, Martin Lemay and Martin LaPage --Adrenal steroids and episodic memory : relevance to mood disorders /Hamid A. Alhaj and R. Hamish McAllister-Williams.
- Introduction to pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics -- Antidepressants -- Antipsychotics -- Anxiolytics and sedative-hypnotics -- Mood stabilizers.
- Handbook of evaluation methods for health informatics 2006, ScienceDirectConceptual apparatus -- Types of user assessments of IT-based solutions -- Choosing or constructing methods -- Overview of assessment methods -- Descriptions of methods and techniques -- Other useful information -- Methodological and methodical perils and pitfalls at assessment, background information -- Approach to identification of pitfalls and perils -- Framework for meta-assessment of assessment studies.
- Handbook of evidence-based critical care. 2nd ed. 2010, Springer
- Handbook of evidence-based radiation oncology. 2nd ed. 2010, SpringerSkin cancer -- Central nervous system -- Malignant and benign diseases of the eye and orbit -- Cancer of the ear -- Nasopharyngeal cancer -- Nasal cavity and paranasal sinus cancer -- Oropharyngeal cancer -- Cancer of the lip and oral cavity -- Larynx and hypopharynx cancer -- Salivary gland tumors -- Thyroid cancer -- Unusual neoplasms of the head and neck -- Management of the neck and unknown primary of the head and neck -- Small cell lung cancer -- Non-small cell lung cancer -- Mesothelioma and thymic tumors -- Breast cancer -- Esophageal cancer -- Gastric cancer -- Pancreatic cancer -- Hepatobiliary cancer -- Colorectal cancer -- Anal cancer -- Renal call carcinoma -- Bladder cancer -- Prostate cancer -- Cancer of the penis -- Testicular cancer -- Cervical cancer -- Endometrial cancer -- Ovarian cancer -- Vaginal cancer -- Vulvar cancer -- Urethral cancer -- Hodgkin's lymphoma -- Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma -- Cutaneous lymphomas -- Multiple myeloma and plasmacytoma -- Bone tumors -- Soft-tissue sarcoma -- Pediatric (Non-CNS) tumors -- Palliation and benign conditions -- Clinical radiobiology and physics.
- pt. 1. ESTABLISHING THE NEED AND CRITERIA FOR EVIDENCE-BASED THERAPIES. Evidence-based therapies for children and adolescents: problems and prospects / Ric G. Steele, Michael C. Roberts, and T. David Elkin -- Empirically supported treatments and evidence-based practice for children and adolescents / Michael C. Roberts and Rochelle L. James -- Methodological issues in the evaluation of therapies / Ric G. Steele, Jennifer A. Mize Nelson, and Timothy D. Nelson -- Evidence-based therapies: translating research into practice / Charmaine K. Hig aand Bruce F. Chorpita -- pt. 2. EVIDENCE-BASED THERAPIES FOR SPECIFIC DISORDERS OR CONDITIONS. ANXIETY DISORDERS: Psychosocial treatments for phobic and anxiety disorders in youth / Wendy K. Silverman and Armando A. Pina -- Panic disorder in adolescents / Thomas H. Ollendick and Donna Pincus -- Evidence-based treatment of pediatric obsessive-compulsive disorder / Eric A Storch ... [et al.] -- Interventions for posttraumatic stress in children and adolescents following natural disasters and acts of terrorism / Annette M. La Greca -- MOOD DISORDERS AND PROBLEMS: Mood disorders in childhood / Colleen M. Cummings and Mary A. Fristad -- Empirically supported psychotherapies for adolescent depression and mood disorders / John F. Curry and Sara J. Becker -- Evidence-based therapies for adolescent suicidal behavior / Anthony Spirito and Christianne Esposito-Smythers -- DISRUPTIVE BEHAVIOR DISORDERS AND RELATED PROBLEMS: Evidence-based treatments for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) / Betsy Hoza, Nina Kaiser, and Elizabeth Hurt -- Evidence-based therapies for oppositional behavior in young children / Robert J. McMahon and Julie S. Kotler -- Treating conduct problems, aggression, and antisocial behavior in children and adolescents: an integrated view / Paul Boxer and Paul J. Frick -- Components of evidence-based interventions for bullying and peer victimization / Anne K. Jacobs -- PEDIATRIC/MEDICALLY RELATED DISORDERS: Pain and pain management / Lindsey L. Cohen, Jill E. MacLaren, and Crystal S. Lim -- Evidence-based treatments for children with chronic illnesses / T. David Elkin and Laura Stoppelbein -- Evidence-based therapies for enuresis and encopresis / Patrick C. Friman -- Evidencebased therapies for children and adolescents with eating disorders / David H. Gleaves and Janet D. Latner -- Evidence-based therapies for pediatric overweight / Craig A. Johnston and Chermaine Tyler -- OTHER DISORDERS AND PROBLEMS: Evidence-based therapies for autistic disorder and pervasive developmental disorders / Jonathan M. Campbell, Caitlin V. Herzinger, and Carrah L. James -- Evidence-based treatment for children with serious emotional disturbance / Camille J. Randall and Eric M. Vernberg -- Evidence-based approaches to social skills training with children and adolescents / Sharon L. Foster and Julie R. Bussman -- Evidence-based treatments for adolescent substance use disorders / Deborah Deas, Kevin Gray, and Himanshu Upadhyaya -- pt. 3. IMPLEMENTATION ISSUES. Dissemination of evidence-based manualized treatments for children and families in practice settings / Michael A. Southam-Gerow, Alyssa M. Marder, and A. Aukahi Austin -- Client, therapist, and treatment characteristics in EBT's for children and adolescents / Stephen Shirk and Dana McMakin -- Implementing evidence-based treatments with ethnically diverse clients / Beth A. Kotchick and Rachel L. Grover-- Evidence-based therapy and ethical practice / William A. Rae and Constance J. Fournier -- Adoption of evidence-based treatments (EBTs) in community settings: obstacles and opportunities / Julianne M. Smith-Boydston and Timothy D. Nelson -- Evidence-based assessment for children and adolescents / Vicky Phares and Jessica Curley -- Graduate training in evidence-based practice in psychology / Thad R. Leffingwell and Frank L. Collins, Jr. -- Emerging issues in the continuing evolution of evidence-based practice / T. David Elkin, Michael C. Roberts, and Ric G. Steele.
- Handbook of fermented functional foods 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of food and beverage fermentation technology 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of food and bioprocess modeling techniques 2007, CRCnetBASEMathematical modeling techniques in food and bioprocessing: an overview / Ashim K. Datta and Shyam S. Sablani -- Lattice Boltzmann modeling / R.G.M. van der Sman -- Fluid flow and computational fluid dynamics / Ashwini Kumar and Ilhan Dilber -- Heat transfer / Ashim K. Datta -- Mass transfer: membrane processes / David Hughes, Taha Taha, and Zhanfeng Cui -- Heat and mass transfer / X. Dong Chen -- Reaction kinetics / Maria C. Giannakourou and Petros S. Taoukis -- Probabilistic modeling / Bart M. Nicolai, Nico Scheerlinck, and Maarten Hertog -- Experimental design and response surface methodology / Shuryo Nakai, Eunice C.Y. Li-Chan, and Jinglie Dou -- Multivariate analysis / Ioannis S. Arvanitoyannis -- Data mining / Geoffrey Holmes -- Artificial neural network modeling / Shyam S. Sablani -- Genetic algorithm / T. Morimoto -- Fractal analysis / M. Shafiur Rahman -- Fuzzy modeling / Haitham M. S. Lababidi and Christopher G. J. Baker -- Monte-Carlo simulation / Kevin Cronin & James P. Gleeson -- Dimensional analysis / Law C. Lim, Shyam S. Sablani, and Arun S. Mujumdar -- Linear programming / Eli Feinerman and Sam Saguy.
- Handbook of food enzymology 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of food spoilage yeasts. 2nd ed. 2008, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of food toxicology 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of food-drug interactions 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of forensic psychology 2004, ScienceDirect
- Handbook of fractures. 3rd ed. 2006, OvidClosed reduction, casting, and traction -- Multiple trauma -- Open fractures -- Gunshot wounds -- Pathologic fractures -- Periprosthetic fractures -- Orthopaedic analgesia -- General spine -- Cervical spine -- Thoracolumbar spine -- Clavicle fractures -- Acromioclavicular and sternoclavicular joint injuries -- Scapula fractures -- Glenohumeral dislocation -- Proximal humerus fractures -- Humeral shaft fractures -- Distal humerus -- Elbow dislocation -- Olecranon -- Radial head -- Radius and ulna shaft -- Distal radius -- Wrist -- Hand -- Pelvis -- Acetabulum --Hip dislocations -- Femoral head -- Femoral neck fractures -- Intertrochanteric fractures -- Subtrochanteric fractures -- Femoral shaft -- Distal femur -- Knee dislocation -- Patella and extensor mechanism injuries -- Tibial plateau -- Tibial/fibula shaft -- Ankle fractures -- Calcaneus fractures -- Talus -- Fractures of the midfoot and forefoot -- Pediatric orthopedic surgery: general principles -- Pediatric shoulder -- Pediatric elbow -- Pediatric forearm -- Pediatric wrist and hand -- Pediatric hip -- Pediatric femoral shaft -- Pediatric knee -- Pediatric tibia and fibula -- Pediatric ankle -- Pediatric foot.
- Handbook of fractures. 4th ed. 2010, Ovid
- Handbook of frozen foods 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of functional dairy products 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of functional lipids 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Introduction -- Image processing basics -- Preprocessing fMRI data -- Spatial normalization -- Statistical modeling: single subject analysis -- Statistical modeling: group analysis -- Statistical inference on images -- Modeling brain connectivity -- Multivoxel pattern analysis and machine learning -- Visualizing, localizing, and reporting fMRI data -- Review of general linear model -- Data organization and management -- Image formats.
- Handbook of functional neuroimaging of cognition 2001, CogNet
- Handbook of fungal biotechnology. 2nd ed., rev. and expanded. 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Endoscopic ultrasound / Poonputt Chotiprasidhi and James M. Scheiman -- Endosonography-guided fine needle aspiration biopsy / Maurits J. Wiersema and Michael J. Levy -- Endosonography-guided celiac plexus neurolysis / Maurits J. Wiersema and Michael J. Levy.Esophageal manometry / Janice Freeman and Donald O. Castell -- Ambulatory 24-hour esophageal pH monitoring / Ronnie Fass, Leslie Eidelman, and Wilder Garcia-Calderon -- Gastric secretory testing / Robert S. Bulat and Roy C. Orlando -- Secretin test / Alphonso Brown -- Sphincter of Oddi manometry / Daniel J. Geenen -- Small bowel motility and the role of scintigraphy in small bowel motility / Jonathan Gonenne and Michael Camilleri -- Breath hydrogen text for lactose intolerance and bacterial overgrowth / Seyed I.M. Thiwan and William E. Whitehead -- Anorectal manometry and biofeedback / Yolanda V. Scarlett --Injection therapy for hemostasis and anal fissures / Lisa M. Gangarosa -- Bipolar electrocautery and heater probe / Lisa M. Gangarosa -- Clips and loops / Emad M. Abu-Hamda and Todd H. Baron -- Injection therapy of esophageal and gastric varices: sclerosis and cyanoacrylate / Stephen H. Caldwell, Vanessa M. Shami, and Elizabeth E. Hespenheide -- Endoscopic variceal ligation / Jason D. Conway and Roshan Shrestha -- Balloon tamponade / Kim L. Isaacs -- Polypectomy, endoscopic muscosal resection, and tattooing / Gregory G. Ginsberg and Nina Phatak -- Feeding tubes (nasoduodenal, nasojejunal) / William D. Heizer -- Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy (PEG) and percutaneous endoscopic jejunostomy (PEJ) / Todd H. Baron -- Colonic decompression / Jeffrey T. Wei and Nicholas J. Shaheen -- Dilation of the esophagus: mercury-filled bougies (Hurst Maloney) / Douglas R. Morgan -- Dilatation of the esophagus: wire-guided bougies (Savary and American Endoscopy) / Nicholas J. Shaheen -- Pneumatic dilation for achalasia / Joel E. Richter -- Through-the-scope balloon dilation / Elena I. Sidorenko and Prateek Sharma --Preprocedure assessment of patients undergoing gastrointestinal procedures / Douglas J. Robertson -- Bowel preps / Alphonso Brown -- Analgesia and sedation / Henning Gerke and John Baillie -- -- Oral and nasal gastrointestinal intubation / David M.S. Grunkemeier -- Esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD) / Kim L. Isaacs -- Small bowel enteroscopy / Sauyu Lin and Michael A. Shetzline -- Endoscopic retrograde pancreatography / Nina Phatak and Michael L. Kochman -- Colonoscopy / Jerry Waye -- Anoscopy and rigid sigmoidoscopy / Kim L. Isaacs -- Abdominal paracentesis / Kimberly L. Beavers -- Percutaneous liver biopsy / Kimberly L. Beavers --Stenting of esophageal cancers: placement of expandable stents / Kenneth K. Wang -- Biliary sludge analysis / Jason D. Conway -- Endoscopic sphincterotomy (including precut) / John S. Goff -- Management of lithiasis: balloon and basket extraction, endoprosthesis, and lithotripsy / David Horwhat and M. Stanley Branch -- Management of biliary and pancreatic ductal obstruction: endoprosthesis and nasobiliary/nasopancreatic drain placement / Nalini M. Guda and Martin L. Freeman -- Management of fluid collections / Richard A. Kozarek -- Argon plasma coagulation / Ian S. Grimm -- Photodynamic therapy for Barrett's high-grade dysplasia / Bergein F. Overholt, Masoud Panjehpour, and Mary Phan -- Infrared coagulation of hemorrhoids / Sidney E. Levinson -- Endoscopic management of foreign bodies of the upper gastrointestinal tract / Craig J. Cender -- Capsule endoscopy / Blair S. Lewis -- Stretta / Douglas Corley -- Enteryx injection for gastroesophageal reflux disease / David A. Johnson -- Endoscopic sewing- endocinch / David A. Johnson --
- Nosocomial infections and risks to health care providers -- Structural anomalies and miscellaneous disorders of the esophagus -- Motor disorders of the esophagus -- Reflux esophagitis and esophageal infections -- Esophageal tumors -- Structural disorders and miscellaneous disorders of the stomach -- Disorders of gastric emptying -- Acid-peptic disorders and Zollinger-Ellison syndrome -- Surgery for peptic ulcer disease and postgastrectomy syndromes -- Functional dyspepsia -- Gastritis, duodenitis, and associated ulcerative lesions -- Tumors of the stomach -- Structural anomalies and miscellaneous diseases of the small intestine -- Dysmotility and bacterial overgrowth of the small intestine -- Infections of the small intestine with bacterial and viral pathogens -- Celiac disease -- Disorders of epithelial transport in the small intestine -- Short bowel syndrome -- Tumors and other neoplastic diseases of the small intestine -- Structural anomalies and diverticular disease of the colon -- Irritable bowel syndrome and motor disorders of the colon -- Bacterial infections of the colon -- Inflammatory bowel disease -- Miscellaneous inflammatory and structural disorders of the colon -- Colonic polyps and polyposis syndromes -- Malignant tumors of the colon --Psychosocial factors in the care of patients with gastrointestinal disorders -- Approach to the patient with dysphagia or odynophagia -- Approach to the patient with chest pain -- Approach to the patient with gross gastrointestinal bleeding -- Approach to the patient with occult gastrointestinal hemorrhage -- Approach to the patient with unexplained weight loss -- Approach to the patient with nausea and vomiting -- Approach to the patient with abdominal pain -- Approach to the patient with acute abdomen -- Approach to the patient with gas and bloating -- Approach to the patient with ileus or obstruction -- Approach to the patient with diarrhea -- Approach to the patient with constipation -- Approach to the patient with an abdominal mass -- Approach to the patient with ileostomy or ileal pouch -- Approach to the patient with jaundice -- Approach to the patient with abnormal liver chemistry levels -- Approach to the patient with ascites -- Approach to gastrointestinal problems in the elderly -- Approach to gastrointestinal and liver diseases in a female patient -- Approach to the patient requiring nutritional support -- Approach to the patient with alcohol or drug dependency -- Advice to travelers --
- Handbook of gender research in psychology 2010, SpringerFulltext v. 2 SpringerVolume 1. Gender research in general and experimental psychology. Introduction / Donald R. McCreary, Joan C. Chrisler -- Emergence and development of the psychology of women / Alexandra Rutherford, Leeat Granek -- Emergence and development of the psychology of men and masculinity / Sam V. Cochran -- Emergence and development of the psychological study of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender issues / Kristin A. Hancock, Karen Greenspan -- Quantitative approaches to the study of gender / Sarah K. Murnen, Linda Smolak -- Qualitative inquiry in gender studies / Mary M. Gergen -- Measuring gender : options and issues / Andrew P. Smiler, Marina Epstein -- Cross-cultural research methods and the study of gender / Gordon B. Forbes -- Gender diverse recruitment to research projects / Deborah J. Bowen, Chanita Hughes Halbert, Alecia Robinson, Uli Boehmer -- Interpreting and communicating the results of gender-related research / Peter Hegarty, Felicia Pratto -- The physiology of sex differences -- Deborah Saucier, Crystal Ehresman -- Sex and gender in sensation and perception / Joseph A. Schroeder -- On tending to our scientific knitting : thinking about gender in the context of evolution / Nora S. Newcombe -- Gender in the classroom / Susan A. Basow -- Gender and academic abilities and preferences / Heather A. Priess, Janet Shibley Hyde -- Gender, spatial abilities, and wayfinding / Carol A. Lawton -- Gender and creativity / Mark A. Runco, Bonnie Cramond, Alexander R. Pagnani -- Words matter : the language of gender / Christine A. Smith, Ingrid Johnston-Robledo, Maureen C. McHugh, Joan C. Chrisler -- She said, he said : gender, language, and power / Maureen C. McHugh, Jennifer Hambaugh -- Gender, power, and nonverbal behavior / Marianne Schmid Mast, Sabine Sczesny -- Gender, emotion, and socialization / Leslie R. Brody, Judith A. Hall -- Sex and gender differences in eating behavior / C. Peter Herman, Janet Polivy -- Gender differences in sexuality / Jennifer Petersen, Janet Shibley Hyde -- Gender identity and stereotyping in early and middle childhood / May Ling Halim, Diane Ruble -- Gender in adolescence : applying a person-in-context approach to gender identity and roles / Katherine H. Clemans, Laura M. DeRose, Julia A. Graber, Jeanne Brooks-Gunn -- Gender, adult development, and aging / Abigail J. Stewart, Nicky J. Newton.Volume 2. Gender research in social and applied psychology. Introduction / Donald R. McCreary, Joan C. Chrisler -- Gender and personality / Jayne E. Stake, Heather Eisele -- Gender and motivation for achievement, affiliation-intimacy, and power / Lauren E. Duncan, Bill E. Peterson -- Gender issues in psychological testing of personality and abilities / Nancy Lynn Baker, Janelle L. Mason -- Gender stereotypes in diagnostic criteria / Alisha Ali, Paula J. Caplan, Rachel Fagnant -- Gender identity disorder : concerns and controversies / Kate Richmond, Kate Carroll, Kristoffer Denboske -- Gender, sexual orientation, and vulnerability to depression / Mark L. Hatzenbuehler, Lori M. Hilt, Susan Nolen-Hoeksema -- Gender and body image / Rachel M. Calogero, J. Kevin Thompson -- Feminist psychotherapies : theory, research, and practice / Cynthia M. Bruns, Ellyn Kaschak -- Psychotherapy with men / Matt Englar-Carlson, Mark A. Stevens, Robert Scholz -- Gender issues in family therapy and couples counseling / Louise B. Silverstein, Gary R. Brooks -- Gender, peer relations, and intimate romantic relationships / Tara C. Marshall -- Gender, aggression, and prosocial behavior / Irene Hanson Frieze, Man Yu Li -- Gender and group behavior / Linda L. Carli -- Sexual and gender prejudice / Ritch C. Savin-Williams, Seth T. Pardo, Zhana Vrangalova, Ryan S. Mitchell, Kenneth M. Cohen -- Gender and occupational choice / Helen M.G. Watt -- Gender and the division of labor / Scott Coltrane, Kristy Y. Shih -- The gendered nature of workplace mistreatment / Vicki J. Magley, Jessica A. Gallus, Jennifer A. Bunk -- Gender and leadership : negotiating the labyrinth / Ronit Kark, Alice H. Eagly -- Gender, health, and health behaviors / Christina Lee -- Gender, stress, and coping / Amy Zwicker, Anita DeLongis -- Gender and health-care utilization / Cheryl Brown Travis, Andrea L. Meltzer, Dawn M. Howerton -- Gender issues in the diagnosis and treatment of chronic illness / Vivian S. Hwang, Sharon Danoff-Burg -- Gender in sport and exercise psychology / Diane L. Gill, Cindra S. Kamphoff -- Ethical and methodological considerations for gender researchers in forensic psychology / Kenneth V. Heard -- The treatment of gender in community psychology research / Sharon M. Wasco, Meg A. Bond -- Gender and media : content, uses, and impact / Dara N. Greenwood, Julia R. Lippman -- Gender and military psychology / Angela R. Febbraro, Ritu M. Gill.
- Handbook of generalised anxiety disorder 2009, SpringerThe changing concept of generalised anxiety disorder -- How common is generalised anxiety disorder? -- Presenting features of generalised anxiety disorder -- Comorbidity of generalised anxiety disorder with other conditions -- Burden of generalised anxiety disorder -- Measuring the severity of generalised anxiety disorder -- Pharmacological treatments -- Psychological treatment -- Which treatments, when and for how long?.
- Handbook of genetic communicative disorders 2001, ScienceDirectpt. 1. Introduction / Sanford E. Gerber. Some background -- What is the problem? -- Some language -- Some information -- pt. 2. Delineation of genetic components of communicative disorders / Glenn E. Green and Richard J. H. Smith. Historical aspects -- Genetic inheritance patterns -- Identification of genetic components -- Identification of Loci and Genes -- Medical significance -- pt. 3. Prenatal and postnatal craniofacial development / Sylvan E. Stool. Phylogenetic aspects and embryology -- Postnatal craniofacial growth and development -- Functions of the human craniofacial complex -- pt. 4. Morphogenesis and genetics of inner ear development and malformation / Dorothy A. Frenz, Juan Represa, and Thomas R. Van De Water. Morphogenesis of the inner ear -- Genetic patterning of inner ear development -- pt. 5. Genetic deafness / Robert J. Ruben. Nosology -- Syndromic hearing impairment -- pt. 6. Genetic language disorders / Julie Williams and Jim Stevenson. Specific language impairment -- The genetics of specific reading disability -- Conclusions -- pt. 7. Genetics in craniofacial disorders and clefting : Then and now / Robert J. Shprintzen. The genetics of clefting : Its evolution over the past 30 years -- How might mutant genes cause cleft lip, cleft plate, and craniofacial anomalies? -- Syndromes of clefting -- Sequences and associations -- When to be suspicious -- The predictive power of understanding causation -- Integration of genetics into the interdisciplinary team -- Syndromes commonly seen in cleft palate centers -- Does it really make a difference? -- Has there been an effect on research? -- Conclusion -- pt. 8. Stuttering and genetics : Our past and our future / Susan Felsenfeld and Dennis Drayna. Introduction -- Stuttering and genetics : An abridged historical timeline -- Gene finding : The 'today' and 'tomorrow' of stuttering research -- The human face of the molecular genetics revolution -- Concluding remarks -- pt. 9. Concepts in behavioral genetics and their application to developmental and learning disorders / Jeffrey W. Gilger. Introduction to the basic model of human behavioral genetics -- molecular work and human behavioral genetics -- Toward the future -- pt. 10. Genetic privacy and ethical, legal, and social issues / Sharon Davis. Genetic testing -- Genetic discrimination -- Genetic privacy -- Conclusion -- pt. 11. Treatment and prevention / Sanford E. Gerber. Introduction -- Treatment -- Prevention.
- Handbook of genomics and the family 2010, Springer
- Handbook of geriatric nursing care. 2nd ed. 2003, Ovid"The Second Edition of this A-to-Z guide covers a wide range of areas of concern pertaining to the growing geriatric population. Completely reviewed, updated and expanded, it includes more than 150 illustrations and charts. This text invites readers to investigate more than 200 disorders and age-oriented issues, such as lab value changes, sexuality, grief and loss, alternative therapies and cultural influences on compliance, self-care and recovery. Comprehensive and easy-to-use, this manual covers Alzheimer's, cataract removal treatments, and many other new and expanded topics"--Book jacket.
- Handbook of glycomics. 1st ed. 2009, ScienceDirect
- Handbook of graphs and networks 2003, Wileych. 1. Mathematical results on scale-free random graphs / Béla Bollobás, Oliver M. Riordan -- ch. 2. Random graphs as models of networks / Mark E. J. Newman -- ch. 3. Emergence of scaling in complex networks / Albert-László Barabási -- ch. 4. Structural properties of scale-free networks / Reuven Cohen, Shlomo Havlin, Daniel ben-Avraham -- ch. 5. Epidemics and immunization in scale-free networks / Romualdo Pastor-Satorras, Alessandro Vespignani -- ch. 6. Cells and genes as networks in nematode development and evolution / Ralf J. Sommer -- ch. 7. Complex networks in genomics and proteomics / Ricard V. Solé, Romualdo Pastor-Satorras -- ch. 8. Correlation profiles and motifs in complex networks / Sergei Maslov, Kim Sneppen, Uri Alon -- ch. 9. Theory of interacting neural networks / Wolfgang Kinzel -- ch. 10. Modelling food webs / Barbara Drossel, Alan J. McKane -- ch. 11. Traffic networks / Kai Nagel -- ch. 12. Economic networks / Alan Kirman -- ch. 13. Local search in unstructured networks / Lada A. Adamic, Rajan M. Lukose, Bernardo A. Huberman -- ch. 14. Accelerated growth of networks / Sergei N. Dorogovtsev, Jose F. F. Mendes -- ch. 15. Social percolators and self organized criticality / Gérard Weisbuch, Sorin Solomon -- ch. 16. Graph theory and the evolution of autocatalytic networks / Sanjay Jain, Sandeep Krishna.
- Handbook of hair in health and disease 2012, SpringerGeneral introduction and overviews. Hair in health and disease: an introduction / Taneeta Ganguly and Pratima Karnik -- The color of human hair / Christoph G. Birngruber and Marcel A. Verhoff -- Hair loss in the elderly / C.-C. Yang, A. Todorova and W. Chen -- Hair loss in women / Francisco M. Camacho Martinez -- Male androgenetic alopecia / Salvador Arias-Santiago ... [et al.] -- Excess hair growth / Daisy Kopera -- Ethnopharmacology and hair: Indian perspectives / Neetu Sabarwal ... [et al.] -- Neonatal hair analysis to reveal gestational exposure to drugs / Donata Favretto -- Molecular and cellular biology and hair. Plucked hair: how to get stem cells and induced pluripotent stem cells for future clinical applications / Nuria Montserrat and Juan Carlos Izpisua Belmonte -- alopecia areata and chemokine / Yoshihiro Kuwano and Manabu Fujimoto -- Natural and unnatural hair loss as detected in the forensic context / Elizabeth M. Brooks and James Robertson -- Dietary toxicity and pathological history. Arsenic in the hair / Simon F.P. Pereira, Johny S. Oliveira and Rajkumar Rajendram -- Ethyl glucuronide in hair and alcohol misuse / Ronald Agius -- Hair mineral analysis in the assessment of human exposure in metals / Katarzyna Chojnacka and Marcin Mikulewicz -- Potentially toxic elements, pollution, and hair / Anna Capasso, Alberto Loizzo and Sergio Caroli --Natural radionuclides in human hair / Maarit Muikku and Weibo Li -- Stable isotope ratio analysis in human hair / Klaus J. Petzke and Benjamin T. Fuller -- Diseases of hair and treatments. Head lice and their control: a never-ending story / Heinz Mehlhorn -- Low-level light therapy and hair loss / Mahyar Ghanaat -- Chemotherapy-induced hair loss / Corina J.G. van den Hurk, Wim P.M. Breed and Floortje Mols -- MSH peptides and applications to treatment of hair / Matteo Auriemina and Paolo Amerio -- Shampoos and conditioners. Shampoo compositions / Sung Hyun Im -- Shampoo in the treatment of scalp psoriasis / A. Kaszuba and M. Pastuszka -- Lipohydroxy acid containing shampoo in the treatment of scalp seborrheic dermatitis / Sophie Seite and Andre Rougier.
- Handbook of headache 2011, Springer
- Handbook of herbs and spices 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of herbs and spices. Vol. 2 2004, CRCnetBASEpt. 1. General issues -- pt. 2. Particular herbs and spices.
- Handbook of hidden Markov models in bioinformatics 2008, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of human factors and ergonomics methods 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of human immunology. 2nd ed. 2008, CRCnetBASEOverview of immunity / James D. Folds -- Statistics of immunological testing / Albert D. Donnenberg -- Human immunoglobulins / Robert G. Hamilton -- The complement system / Patricia C. Giclas -- Cellular immunology : monitoring of immune therapies / Theresa L. Whiteside -- Understanding clinical flow cytometry / Albert D. Donnenberg and Vera S. Donnenberg -- Leukemia and lymphoma immunophenotyping and cytogenetics / Maria A. Proytcheva -- Guidelines for the use of flow cytometry in the management of patients infected with the human immunodeficiency virus type-1 and the acquired immunodeficiency syndrome / Maurice R.G. O'Gorman -- Role of flow cytometry in the diagnosis and monitoring of primary immunodeficiency disease / Maurice R.G. O'Gorman -- Detection and characterization of the T-cell receptor repertoire / Gulbu Uzel -- Human leukocyte differentiation antigens, cluster of differentiation : past, present, and future / Maurice R.G. O'Gorman -- Immunologic diagnosis of autoimmunity / Noel R. Rose -- Autoimmune and immune-mediated diseases of the gastrointestinal tract / Stefano Guandalini, Mala Setty, and Bana Jabri -- Serologic testing for infectious diseases / John L. Schmitz -- Molecular techniques applied to infectious diseases / Jennifer S. Goodrich and Melissa B. Miller -- Cytokines : regulators of immune responses and key therapeutic targets / Barbara Detrick, Chandrasekharam N. Nagineni, and John J. Hooks -- Measuring human cytokines / Holden T. Maecker -- The human major histocompatibility complex and DNA-based typing of human leukocyte antigens for transplantation / Susana G. Marino, Andrés Jaramillo, and Marcelo A. Fernández-Viña -- Relevance of antibody screening and crossmatching in solid organ, hematopoietic stem cell transplantation, and blood transfusion / Chee L. Saw ... [et al.] -- Functional assessment of immunosuppression : monitoring posttransplant alloreactivity with flow cytometric mixed lymphocyte cocultures / Chethan Ashok Kumar ... [et al.].
- Handbook of human systems integration 2003, Wileych. 1. Introduction: Human Systems Integration / Harold R. Booher -- Part I. Organization, management, culture -- ch. 2. Leadership That Achieves Human Systems Integration / Charles S. Harris, et al. -- ch. 3. Human Systems Integration Roles in a Systems Acquisition Culture / Glen Hewitt and Dino Piccione -- ch. 4. Human Systems Integration and Systems Acquisition Interfaces / Edwin R. Smootz -- ch. 5. Human Systems Integration Education and Training / Brian M. Kleiner and Harold R. Booher -- Part II. Systems acquisition and management processes -- ch. 6. Human Integration Requirements in Systems Acquisition: United Kingdom Approach / John A. Harrison and Melanie Forster -- ch. 7. Human Systems Integration and Acquisition: Contractor's Perspective / Bruce E. Hamilton -- ch. 8. Human-System Measurements and Tradeoffs in System Design / Michael Barnes and David Beevis -- ch. 9. Simulation Based Acquisition / Stephen R. Olson and Andrew P. Sage -- ch. 10. User Centered Systems Engineering Framework / Lee Scott Ehrhart and Andrew P. Sage -- Part III. Methods, tools, and technologies -- ch. 11. Manpower, Personnel and Training Integration Methods and tools / Susan Archer, et al. -- ch. 12. Integrating Training into the Design and Operation of Complex Systems / Lawrence J. Hettinger -- ch. 13. Human Factors Engineering Methods and Tools / John Lockett and Jeffrey Powers -- ch. 14. System Safety Principles and Methods / Donald W. Swallom, et al. -- ch. 15. Environmental Health Hazard Analysis and Assessment / Welford C. Roberts -- ch. 16. Personnel Survivability Methodology / Richard N. Zigler and Ronald A. Weiss -- ch. 17. Cost and Benefit Analysis for Human Systems Integration / William B. Rouse and Kenneth R. Boff -- Part IV. Applications -- ch. 18. Human Systems Integration in Army Systems Acquisition / Harold R. Booher and James Minninger -- ch. 19. Human Characteristics and Measures in System Design / Nita Lewis Miller, et al. -- ch. 20. Human-Centered Shipboard Systems and Operations / Glenn A. Osga -- ch. 21. Linking Human Performance Principles to the Design of Information Systems / Linda G. Pierce and Eduardo Salas -- ch. 22. Human Systems Integration and Training for New Systems / John Klesch and William Stembler -- ch. 23. Air Traffic Control and Human Factor Integration / Anne Mavor and Christopher Wickens -- ch. 24. Human Systems Integration & New Product Development / William B. Rouse.
- Handbook of hygiene control in the food industry 2005, CRCnetBASEpt. 1. Risks -- pt. 2. Improving design -- pt. 3. Improving hygiene management and methods.
- Handbook of image quality 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of immunohistochemistry and in situ hybridization of human carcinomas v. 1-4, 2002-2006., ScienceDirectv. 1. Molecular genetics; Lung and breast carcinomas -- v. 2. Molecular pathology; Colorectal carcinoma and prostate carcinoma -- v. 3. Molecular genetics; Liver carcinoma and pancreatic carcinoma -- v. 4. Molecular genetics; Gastrointestinal carcinoma and ovarian carcinoma.
- Handbook of individual differences in cognition 2010, SpringerGeneral models of individual differences in cognition -- Individual differences in cognition: in search of a general model of behaviour control / Philip J. Corr -- Individual differences in cognition: new methods for examining the personality-cognition link / William Revelle, Joshua Wilt, Allen Rosenthal -- The relationship between intelligence and Pavolovian temperament traits: the role of gender and level of intelligence / Magdalena Kaczmarek, Jan Strelau, Agnieszka Miklewska -- General models of individual differences in cognition: the commentaries / Philip Corr, William Revelle, Joshua Wilt, Allen Rosenthal -- Individual differences in cognition from a neurophysiological perspective -- Neuroscientific approaches to the study of individual differences in cognition and personality / Aljoscha C. Neubauer, Andreas Fink -- Cognitive neuroscience approaches to individual differences in working memory and executive control: conceptual and methodological issues / Tal Yarkoni, Todd S. Braver -- Emotional intelligence and gender: a neurophysiological perspective / Norbert Jausovec, Ksenija Jausovec -- Learned irrelevance revisited: pathology-based individual differences, normal variation and neural correlates / Aleksandr Gruszka, Adam Hampshire, Adrian M. Owen -- Post-Soviet psychology and individual differences in cognition: a psychophysiological perspective / Almira Kustubayeva -- Individual differences in cognition from a neurophysiological perspective: the commentaries / Todd S. Braver, Tal Yarkoni, Aleksandra Gruszka, Adam Hampshire, Adrian M. Owen, Norbert Jausovec, Almira Kustubayeva, Aljoscha C. Neubauer, Andreas Fink --Individual differences in attentional mechanisms -- Psychopathology and individualized differences in latent inhibition: schizophrenia and schizotypality / R. E. Lubow, Oren Kaplan -- Attentional control theory of anxiety: recent developments / Michael W. Eysenck -- Task engagement, attention, and executive control / Gerald Matthews, Joel S. Warm, Lauren E. Reinerman, Lisa K. Langheim, Dyani J. Saxby -- Individual differences in resource allocation policy / Blazej Szymura -- The relationship of attention and intelligence / Karl Schweizer -- Intelligence and cognitive control / Adam Chuderski, Edward Necka -- Individual differences in attention: the commentaries / Michael W. Eysenck, Gerald Matthews, Edward Necka, Adam Chuderski, Karl Schweizer, Blazej Szymura -- Individual differences in working memory functioning and higher-order processing -- Trait and state differences in working memory capacity / Malgorzata Ilkowska, Randall W. Engle -- Adrift in the stream of thought: the effects of mind wandering on executive control and working memory capacity / Jennifer C. McVay, Michael J. Kane -- The unique cognitive limitation in subclinical depression: the impairment of mental model construction / Grzegorz Sedek, Aneta Brzezicka, Ulrich von Hecker -- Working memory capacity and individual differences in higher-level cognition / Jaroslaw Orzechowski -- Motivation towards closure and cognitive resources: an individual differences approach / Malgorzata Kossowska, Edward Orehek, Arie W. Kruglanski -- Mood as information: the regulatory role of personality / Magdalena Marszal-Wisniewska, Dominika Zajusz -- Autobiographical memory: individual differences and developmental course / Mary L. Courage, Mark L. Howe -- Individual differences in working memory and higher-ordered processing: the commentaries / Mary L. Courage, Mark L. Howe, Malgorzata Ilkowska, Randall W. Engle, Malgorzata Kossowska, Edward Orehek, Arie W. Kruglanski, Jennifer C. McVay, Michael J. Kane, Magdalena Marszal-Wisniewska, Dominika Zajusz, Jaroslaw Orzechowski, Grzegorz Sedek, Aneta Brzezicka -- The state of art in research on individual differences in executive control and cognition / Gerald Matthews, Aleksandra Gruszka, Blazej Szymura.
- Handbook of industrial mycology 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of injury and violence prevention 2007, Springer
- Pt. 1. Introduction -- pt. 2. Ceramic and metal scaffold -- pt. 3. Intelligent hydrogel -- pt. 4. Electrospinning nanofiber -- pt. 5. Novel biomaterials for scaffold -- pt. 6. Novel fabrication methods for scaffold -- pt. 7. Scaffold for target organ.
- Handbook of international feminisms 2012, SpringerPart I. Introduction --ch. 1. Feminisms and psychologies: multiple meanings, diverse practices, and forging possibilities in an age of globalization /Alexandra Rutherford . . . [et al.] --Part II. History, politics, context --ch. 2. Searching for feminism in psychology in Turkey /Hale Bolak Boratav --ch. 3. Waves of feminist psychology in the United States: politics and perspectives /Joan C. Chrisler and Maureen C. McHugh --ch. 4. Feminist changes in Israel /Dahlia Moore --ch. 5. Feminisms and psychology in the contemporary Spanish state /Barbara Biglia --ch. 6. Feminism, psychology, and gender studies: the Brazilian case /Adriano Henrique Nuernberg . . . [et al.] --ch. 7. Development of feminist psychology: a Pakistani perspective /Ruhi Khalid --Part III. Experience --ch. 8. Feminist approaches to psychology in the Nordic countries: the fates of feminism in psychology in modern welfare societies /Eva Magnusson and Hanne Haavind --ch. 9. (Re)locating the feminist standpoint in the practice of psychology today: a case of India /Manasi Kumar --ch. 10. Shaping feminist psychologies in Aotearoa: history, paradox, transformation /Mandy Morgan . . . [et al.] --ch. 11. Psychology, women, and political practice in Britain /Erica Burman --Part IV. Specificity --ch. 12. South African psychology and gender: and analysis of the SAJP and PINS journals 1994-2009 /Peace Kiguwa and Malose Langa --ch. 13. Feminist psychology in China /Xue Fei Chen and Fanny M. Cheung --ch. 14. Canadian perspectives on feminism and psychology /H. Lorraine Radtke --ch. 15. Present but unnamed: feminisms and psychologies in Sri Lanka /Jeanne Marecek and Udeni M.H. Appuhamilage.
- Section 1. Noninvasive evaluation and diagnostic imaging -- Section 2. Catheter-directed angiography -- Section 3. Interventional procedures -- Section 4. Materials, methods, quality, and safety -- Section 5. Risk management -- Section 6. Nursing management -- Section 7. Drugs and dosages.
- Handbook of isoelectric focusing and proteomics 2005, ScienceDirect
- Handbook of isolation and characterization of impurities in pharmaceuticals 2003, ScienceDirect
- Handbook of juvenile forensic psychology and psychiatry 2012, Springer11-34 --Developmental Changes in Adolescence and Risks for Delinquency --The "Why(s)" of Criminal Behavior in Juveniles: The Long and the Short of It --Race and Sex Disparity in Juvenile Justice Processing --Major Principles in a Minor Context: Forensic Practices Involving Adolescents --Juveniles and Criminal Responsibility Evaluations --Sentencing Juveniles to Life in Prison Without the Opportunity for Parole --Transfer to Adult Court: Enhancing Clinical Forensic Evaluations and Informing Policy --Need for and Barriers to Inclusion in Health Research of Justice-Involved Youth --Toward Establishing Standards of Practice in Juvenile Forensic Mental Health Assessment --Assessment in Juvenile Justice Systems: An Overview --Mental Health Assessment of Juveniles --The Juvenile Forensic Court Clinic in Theory and Practice --The History, Development, and Testing of Forensic Risk Assessment Tools --Assessing Juveniles for Risk of Violence --Becoming More Therapeutic: Motivational Interviewing as a Communication Style for Paraprofessionals in Juvenile Justice Settings --At the Junction of Personality Theories: Working with Juvenile Offenders --Services for Youth in Closed Settings: Gaps in Services --Implementing Evidence-Based Practices for Juvenile Justice Prevention and Treatment in Communities --Preventing Early Conduct Problems and Later Delinquency --Treating Juvenile Offenders: Best Practices and Emerging Critical Issues --Psychopharmacological Treatment of Youth in Juvenile Justice Settings --IICAPS: A Treatment Model for Delinquent Youths with Co-occurring Mental Health Disorders --Serving Dually Diagnosed Youth in the Juvenile Justice System --Treating Juvenile Sex Offenders --Sexually Transmitted Infections in Juvenile Offenders --A Self-Regulation Model for the Treatment of Pathological Juvenile Firesetters --Mentor Programming for At-Risk Youth --Responding to Child Trauma: Theory, Programs, and Policy --Psychosocial Treatment of Traumatized Juveniles --Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Among Youth Involved in Juvenile Justice --Trauma and Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Among Youth in the Juvenile Justice System: A Critical Appraisal --Juvenile Offenders with Disabilities: Challenges and Promises --Ensuring that They Learn --Female Juvenile Offenders --Juvenile Gangs --Juvenile Forensic Psychology and Psychiatry: The Movement Toward Data-Based Innovations.
- Handbook of kidney transplantation. 4th ed. 2005, OvidOptions for patients with kidney failure / William G. Goodman and Gabriel M. Danovitch -- Transplantation immunobiology / Didier A. Mandelbrot and Mohamed H. Sayegh -- Histocompatibility testing, cross-matching, and allocation of kidney transplants / J. Michael Cecka and Elaine F. Reed -- Immunosuppressive medications and protocols for kidney transplantation / Gabriel M. Danovitch -- Medical and surgical aspects of kidney donation / Elizabeth Kendrick ... [et al.] -- Evaluation and preparation of renal transplant candidates / Nauman Siddqi and Sundaram Hariharan -- The transplant operation and its surgical complications / Jennifer Singer, H. Albin Gritsch, and J. Thomas Rosenthal -- The first three posttransplant months / William J.C. Amend, Jr., Flavio Vincenti, and Stephen J. Tomlanovich -- Long-term posttransplant management and complications / Meena Sahadevan and Bertram Kasiske-- Infections in kidney transplantation / Bernard M. Kubak ... [et al.] -- Kidney transplantation and liver disease / Fabrizio Fabrizi, Suphamai Bunnapradist, and Paul Martin -- Diagnostic imaging in kidney transplantation / Peter Zimmerman, Nagesh Ragavendra, and Christiaan Schiepers -- Pathology of kidney transplantation / Cynthia C. Nast and Arthur H. Cohen -- Kidney and pancreas transplantation in diabetic patients / John D. Pirsch, Hans W. Sollinger, and Craig Smith -- Kidney transplantation in children / Samhar I. al-Akash and Robert B. Ettenger -- Psychiatric aspects of kidney transplantation / Kirk Murphy -- Ethical and legal issues surrounding kidney transplantation / Robyn S. Shapiro -- Nutrition in the kidney transplant recipient / Susan Weil Guichard -- Psychosocial and financial aspects of transplantation / Robert S. Gaston, Marci H. Gitlin.
- Handbook of laboratory animal science. 2nd ed. v. 1-3, 2003-05., CRCnetBASEv. 2, 2003 CRCnetBASEv. 3, 2005 CRCnetBASEv. 1. Essential principles and practices -- v. 2-3. Animal models.
- Handbook of laboratory animal science. 3rd ed. 2011, CRCnetBASEv. 1. Essential principles and practices. -- v. 2. Animal models.
- Handbook of Listeria monocytogenes 2008, CRCnetBASEBiology / Martin Wagner and Jim McLauchlin -- Epidemiology / Dongyou liu -- Stress responses / Helena M. Stack, Colin Hill, and Cormac G.M. Gahan -- Pathogenesis / Michael Kuhn, Mariela M. Scortti, and Jose A. Vazquez-Boland -- Phenotypic identification / Lisa Gorski -- Genotypic identification / Dongyou Liu ... [et al.] -- Strain typing / Yi Chen and Stephen J. Knabel -- Virulence determination / Sylvie M. Roche, Philippe Velge and Dongyou Liu -- Genetic manipulations / Armelle Bigot and Alain Charbit -- Comparative genomics and evolution of virulence / Sukhadeo Barbuddhe, Torsten Hain, and Trinad Chakraborty -- Genomic divisions/lineages, epidemic clones, and population structure / Ying Cheng, Robin M. Siletzky, and Sophia Kathariou -- Analysis of cell envelope proteins / Mickael Desvaux and Michel Hebraud -- Innate immunity / Gernot Geginat and Silke Grauling-Halama -- Adaptive immunity / Masao Misuyama -- Anti-infective vaccine strategies / Toshi Nagata and Yukio Koide -- Anticancer vaccine strategies / Matthew M. Seavey, Thorsten Verch, and Yvonne Paterson.
- Assessment of liver function and diagnostic studies /Paul Martin, Lawrence S. Friedman --Acute liver failure /Gabriel Garcia, Emmet B. Keeffe --Acute viral hepatitis /Raymond S. Koff --Chronic viral hepatitis /Lorna M. Dove, Teresa L. Wright --Autoimmune hepatitis /Albert J. Czaja --Alcoholic liver disease /Ayman Koteish, Anna Mae Diehl --Fatty liver and nonalcoholic steatohepatitis /Brent A. Neuschwander-Tetri, Bruce R. Bacon --Drug-induced and toxic liver disease /Thomas D. Schiano, Martin Black --Cirrhosis and portal hypertension : an overview /Catherine Petruff Cheney, Eric Mathew Goldberg, Sanjiv Chopra --Portal hypertension and gastrointestinal bleeding /Elena M. Stoffel, James Puleo, Norman D. Grace --Ascites and spontaneous bacterial peritonitis /Ke-Qin Hu, Bruce A. Runyon --Hepatorenal syndrome /Mónica Guevara, Juan Rodés --Hepatic encephalopathy /Kevin D. Mullen --Primary biliary cirrhosis /Marshall M. Kaplan, Young-Mee Lee --Primary sclerosing cholangitis /Russell H. Wiesner --Hemochromatosis /Anthony S. Tavill, Kris V. Kowdley --Wilson disease and related disorders /John L. Gollan, Wisam F. Zakko --Alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency and other metabolic liver diseases /Hugo R. Rosen, Jonathan M. Schwartz --Budd-Chiari syndrome and other vascular disorders /Mack C. Mitchell, Jr. --The liver in heart failure /Florence Wong, Laurence M. Blendis --The liver in pregnancy /Seema Maroo, Jacqueline L. Wolf --The liver in systemic disease /Timothy R. Orchards, John A. Summerfield --Pediatric liver disease /Richard J. Noel, William F. Balistreri --Liver disease in the elderly /Santiago J. Muñoz, Ajit Challa, Adrezej Marzec --HIV and the liver /Mical S. Campbell, K. Rajender Reddy --Granulomatous liver disease /Jay H. Lefkowitch --Hepatic tumours /Adrian M. Di Bisceglie --Hepatic abscesses and cysts /Helen M. Ayles, Kevin M. De Cock --Other infections involving the liver /Wolfram Goessling, Raymond T. Chung --Surgery in the patient with liver disease and postoperative jaundice /Lawrence S. Friedman --Liver transplantation /Joanne C. Imperial, Emmet B. Keeffe --Cholelithiasis and cholecystitis /Peter F. Malet --Diseases of the bile ducts /Ira Jacobson, David Purow --Tumors of the biliary tract /Keith D. Lillemoe.
- Handbook of liver disease. 3rd ed. 2012, ScienceDirect
- Handbook of long-term care administration and policy 2008, CRCnetBASEHistory, concepts and overview / Cynthia Massie Mara -- Public perceptions of long-term care / Laura Katz Olson -- Looking for care in all the wrong places / Deborah Stone -- Medicalization of long-term care: weighing the risks / Colleen M. Grogan -- Older long-term care recipients / Megan E. McCutcheon and William J. McAuley -- Younger individuals with disabilities: compatibility of long-term care and independent living / Arthur W. Blaser -- Informal caregivers and caregiving: living at home with personal care / Sharon M. Keigher -- Trends and challenges in building a twenty-first century long-term care workforce / Edward Alan Miller and Vincent Mor -- The role and responsibilities of the medical director and attending physician in long-term care facilities / Daniel Swagerty -- Long-term care services, care coordination, and the continuum of care / Megan E. McCutcheon and William J. McAuley -- Legal issues related to long-term care: elder law, estate planning, and asset protection / Jan L. Brown -- Long-term care housing trends: past and present / Shannon M. Chance -- Long-term care governance and administration: a historical perspective / Stephen E. Proctor -- Improving the quality of long-term care with better information / Vincent Mor -- Long-term care housing types and design / Shannon M. Chance -- Long-term care politics and policy / William Weissert -- Geriatric mental health policy: impact on service delivery and directions for effecting change / Bradley E. Karlin and Michael Duffy -- Private financing for long-term care / Galen H. Smith and William P. Brandon -- Public financing of long-term care / Stephen A. Stemkowski and William P. Brandon -- Focal points of change / Cynthia Massie Mara
- Handbook of mammalian vocalization 2010., ScienceDirectVocalization as an ethnotransmitter : an introduction to the Handbook of mammalian vocalization / Stefan M. Brudzynski -- Laryngeal muscles as highly specialized organs in airway protection, respiration and phonation / Joseph F.Y. Hoh -- Evolution of the communication brain in control of mammalian vocalization / John D. Newman -- Evolution of the infant separation call : rodent ultrasonic vocalization / Myron A. Hofer -- Understanding the evolutionary origin and diversification of bat echolocation calls / Alanna Maltby, Kate E. Jones and Gareth Jones -- A frequency scaling rule in mammalian vocalization / Neville H. Fletcher -- Elephant ultrasounds : long-range communication / Michael Garstang -- Rat ultrasonic vocalization : short-range communication / Stefan M. Brudzynski and Neville H. Fletcher -- Ultrasonic calls of wild and wild-type rodents / Gillian D. Sales -- Vocal repertoire in mouse pups : strain differences / Maria Luisa Scattoni and Igor Branchi -- Subcortical responses to species-specific vocalizations / Josef Syka -- Activation of limbic system structures by replay of ultrasonic vocalization in rats / Markus Wöhr and Rainer K.W. Schwarting -- Selective perception and recognition of vocal signals / Günter Ehret and Simone Kurt -- Cortical processing of vocal sounds in primates / Christopher I. Petkov, Christoph Kayser and Nikos K. Logothetis -- Vocalization as a social signal in defensive behavior / Yoav Litvin, D. Caroline Blanchard and Robert J. Blanchard -- Effect of altricial pup ultrasonic vocalization on maternal behavior / Markus Wöhr, Diego Oddi and Francesca R. D'Amato -- Vocalization as a specific trigger of emotional responses / Koji Kuraoka and Katsuki Nakamura -- Vocalizations as tools for influencing the affect and behavior of others / Drew Rendall and Michael J. Owren -- Brain mechanisms for processing perceived emotional vocalizations in humans / Sophie K. Scott, Disa Sauter and Carolyn McGettigan -- Emotional causes and consequences of social-affective vocalization / Jaak Panksepp -- Frequency modulated 50 kHz ultrasonic vocalizations reflect a positive emotional state in the rat : neural substrates and therapeutic implications / Jeffrey Burgdorf and Joseph R. Moskal -- Vocal expression of emotion in a nocturnal prosimian primate group, mouse lemurs / Elke Zimmermann -- Rat infant isolation vocalizations and their modulation by social cues as a model of expression of infantile emotionality / Jeff Muller, Susan Brunelli and Harry Shair -- Limbic, hypothalamic and periaqueductal gray circuitry and mechanisms controlling rage and vocalization in the cat / Allan Siegel, ... [et al.] -- The polyvagal hypothesis : common mechanisms mediating autonomic regulation, vocalizations and listening / Steven W. Porges and Gregory F. Lewis -- Medial cholinoceptive vocalization strip in the cat and rat brains : initiation of defensive vocalizations / Stefan M. Brudzynski -- Hypothalamic control of pain vocalization and affective dimensions of pain signaling / George S. Borszcz and Catherine A. Spuz -- Responses of limbic, midbrain and brainstem structures to electrically-induced vocalizations / Francisco Gonzalez-Lima -- Adult house mouse (Mus musculus) ultrasonic calls : hormonal and pheromonal regulation / John G. Nyby -- Role of the periaqueductal gray in expressing vocalization / Eva Gruber-Dujardin -- Localization of the central pattern generator for vocalization / Steffen R. Hage -- Neuronal networks involved in the generation of vocalization / Steffen R. Hage -- Central pattern generators for orofacial movements and speech / Steven M. Barlow, ... [et al.] -- Functions of larynx in breathing, vocalization and airway protective reflexes / Keisuke Shiba -- Vocal-respiratory interactions in the parabrachial nucleus / Michael Smotherman, Christine Schwartz and Walter Metzner -- Audio-vocal interactions in the mammalian brain / Hanjun Liu, Roozbeh Behroozmand and Charles R. Larson -- Vocal control in echolocating bats / Walter Metzner and Gerd Schuller -- Functions of the larynx and production of sounds / Gerald S. Berke and Jennifer L. Long -- Structure and oscillatory function of the vocal folds / Camille Finck and Lionel Lejeune -- Mechanisms and evolution of roaring-like vocalization in mammals / Roland Frey and Alban Gebler -- Generation of sound in marine mammals / Joy S. Reidenberg and Jeffrey T. Laitman -- Control of gestures and vocalizations in primates / Eva Maria Eberl -- The generation of functionally referential and motivational vocal signals in mammals / Marta B. Manser -- Auditory categories in the non-human primate / Yale E. Cohen, ... [et al.] -- Recognition of individuals within the social group : signature vocalizations / Ari Daniel Shapiro -- Evolution of mammalian vocal signals : development of semiotic content and semantics of human language / Klaus Zuberbühler.
- Handbook of materials for nanomedicine 2010, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of mathematics for engineers and scientists 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of media for clinical microbiology. 2nd ed. 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of media for environmental microbiology. 2nd ed. 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of medical neuropsychology 2010, Springer
- Handbook of medicinal herbs. 2nd ed. 2002, CRCnetBASEProvides up-to-date information on over 800 of the world's most important medicinal plant species. Includes color plates and over 200 black and white illustrations. Blending scientific fact with folk uses and the author's personal experience, Handbook of Medicinal Herbs, discusses the safety, efficacy, toxicity, and rational use of medicinal herbs.
- Handbook of membrane separations 2009, CRCnetBASE
- The scientific basis of mental health interventions in children and adolescents / H. Steiner -- Ethology / D.M. Lyons -- The social environment / N.S. Karnik -- Recent progress in cognitive development research / E. Remmel and J.H. Flavell -- Survey of brain development / J.L.R. Rubenstein and L. Puelles -- Molecular and cellular development vulnerabilities to the onset of affective disorders in children and adolescents / R.M. Post and S.L.W. Post -- Genetics and psychopathology / J. Hallmayer -- Research methodology in clinical trials / K. Saxena and C. Blasey -- Pediatric psychopharmacology / K.D. Chang -- Psychostimulants, atomoxetine, and alpha-agonists / S.V. Joshi -- Medications for pediatric anxiety / M. Thienemann -- Antidepressants / G.J. Emslie ... [et al.] -- Mood stabilizers / K.D. Chang and D.J. Simeonova -- Antipsychotic medications / S. DeJong, A.J. Giuliano, and J.A. Frazier -- Psychological aspects of pedicatric medication management / S.V. Joshi, L.A. Khanzode, and H. Steiner -- Psychotherapy in children and adolescents / J. Lock --Behavior analysis and child and adolescent treatments / B.C. Fink and L. Lotspeich -- Cognitive behavioral therapy with children and adolescents / S.J. Erickson and G. Achilles -- Psychoterapeutic interventions in infancy and early childhood / M. Zelenko -- Psychodynamic therapy with adolescents / M.J. Loughran -- Psychodynamic therapy with children / P. Fonagy -- Dialectical behavior therapy for suicidal adolescents / A.L. Miller, E. Wagner, and J.H. Rathus -- Interpersonal psychotherapy for the treatment of adolescent depression / J.F. Young and L. Mufson -- Relapse prevention for substance use disorders: adapting the adult-based paradigm for youth / J.F. Kelly and S.W. Tracy -- Mental skills training / G.S. Brassington --Empowering the family as a resource for recovery: an example of family-based treatment for anorexia nervosa / J. Lock -- From theory to practice: increasing effective parenting through role-play / M.S. Forgatch, B.M. Bullock, and G.R. Patterson -- Sociotherapies for children and adolescents / J.J. Wilson -- Group therapy and interventions with children and adolescents / S.J. Erickson and L.L. Palmer -- Mutual help organizations for distressed children and their families: a Vygotskian developmental perspective / C. Loomis and K. Humphreys -- Hospital treatment of adolescents / D.F. Becker and M. DeAntonio -- School consultation and intervention / S.V. Joshi -- Consultation in the medical setting adherence / R.J. Shaw and L. Palmer -- Legal consultations / P. Ash -- Preventing high-risk sexual behaviors among children and adolescents / J.J. Wilson and L.K. Brown -- Integrating treatment: the developmental perspective / H. Steiner ... [et al.].
- Mental health services for children, adolescents, and families: trends, models, and current status / Ric G. Steele and Michael C. Roberts -- Mental health services for young children / Diane Powell and Glen Dunlap -- School psychologiy services / Steven W. Lee and T. Rene Jamison -- Providing services within a school-based intensive mental health program / Anne K. Jacobs, Camille Randall, Eric M. Vernberg, Michael C. Roberts, and Joseph E. Nye -- Inpatient pediatric consultation-liaison: applied child health psychology / Bryan D. Carter and Renee T. Van Weiss -- Mental health services for children in pediatric primary care settings / Terry Stancin -- Providing a range of services to fit the needs of youth in community mental health centers / Julianne M. Smith-Boydston -- Outpatient-private practice model / Bernadette M. Landolf -- Inpatient treatment models / Luis A Vargas and Artenio De Dios Brambila -- Child abuse prevention and intervention services / Michelle R. Kees and Barbara L. Bonner -- Services to prevent sexually transmitted diseases in adolescents / Beth A. Auslander, Mary B. Short, and Susan L. Rosenthal -- Treatment services for adolescent substance abuse / Beverly Pringle, and Jerry Flanzer --Targeted prevention of antisocial behavior in children: the early risers "Skill for Success" program / Michael L. Bloomquist, Gerald J. August, Susanne S. Lee, Barrie E. Berquist, and Robin Mathy -- Implementing effective youth violence prevention programs in community settings / Patricia A. Graczykand Patrick H. Tolan -- Adolescent sex offender programs / William D. Murphy, Jacqueline Page, and Rebecca Ettelson -- Rural mental health services / David L. Fenell and Alan J. Hovestadt -- Mental health services for children with chronic illness / Ann M. McGrath Davis and Ngan Voung -- Psychological services for children and families who are homeless / Mary E. Walsh and Julie Heim Jackson -- Telehealth/Internet services for children, adolescents, and families / Heidi J. Liss -- Therapeutic camping programs / Keri J. Brown -- Implementation of the Felix Consent Decree in Hawaii: the impact of policy and practice development efforts on service delivery / Bruce F. Chorpita and Christina Donkervoet -- Children's services in disasters and other emergencies / Gilbert Reyes, Trisha T. Miller, Merritt D. Schreiber, and Beth Todd-Bazemore -- Program evaluation approaches in service delivery in child and family mental health / Michael C. Roberts and Ric G. Steele -- Large-scale evaluations of children's mental health services: the Ft. Bragg and Stark County studies / Leonard Bickman and Shelagh Mulvaney -- Methodological challenges in the national evaluation of the comprehenive community mental health services for children and their families program / E. Wayne Holden, Robert L. Stephens, and Rolando L. Santiago -- The future of mental health service delivery for children, adolescents, and families: an agenda for organization and research / Ric G. Steele and Michael C. Roberts.
- Handbook of metalloproteins 2006-, WileyIron -- NIckel -- Manganese -- Cobalt -- Molybdenum/Tungsten -- Copper -- Vanadium -- Zinc -- Calcium -- Magnesium.
- Handbook of microbiological media. 3rd ed. 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of minerals as nutritional supplements 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of models for human aging 2006, ScienceDirectHistorical development of animal models of aging / Richard L. Sprott and Steven N. Austad -- Species selection in comparative studies of aging and antiaging research / João Pedro de Magalhães -- Principles of animal use for gerontological research / Richard A. Miller -- from primary cultures to the aging organism: lessons from human T lymphocytes / Rita B. Effros -- Models of systems failure in aging / Leonid A. Gavrilov and Natalia S. Gavrilova -- Major issues in ethics of aging research / Michael D. Smith -- Ethical aspects of research involving elderly persons / Paul S. Mueller and C. Christopher Hook -- SAGE KE and other online sources related to aging / Evelyn Strauss and R. John Davenport -- Proteomics in aging research / Christian Schöneich -- Application of high-throughput technologies to aging-related research / Matt Kaeberlein -- Models of Alzheimer's disease / Harry LeVine III and Lary C. Walker -- Age-related hippocampal dysfunction: early Alzheimer's disease vs. normal aging / Scott A. Small -- Epidemiology in aging research / Hermann Brenner and Volker Arndt -- Statistical issues for longevity studies in animal models / Chenxi Wang ... [et al.] -- Models for the study of infection in populations / John R. Williams -- Estimation of the rate of production of oxygen radicals by mitochondria / Alberto Sanz and Gustavo Barja -- Telomeres and aging in the yeast model system / Kurt W. Runge --Longevity and aging in budding yeast / Matt Kaeberlein -- From yeast Methuselah genes to evolutionary medicine / Paolo Fabrizio and Valter D. Longo -- Strongyloides ratti: a nematode wth extraordinary plasticity in aging / Michael P. Gardner, David Gems, and Mark E. Viney -- Insect models for the study of aging / Klaus-Günter Collatz -- Drosophila models of aging / Satomi Miwa and Alan Cohen -- Models of aging in honeybee workers / Gro v. Amdam and Olav Rueppell -- Ants as naturally long-lived insect models for aging / Joel D. Parker and Karen M. Parker -- Gene expression and the extended longevity phenotypes of Drosophila melanogaster / Robert Arking -- Annual fish as a genetic model for aging / Pudur Jagadeeswaran -- The use of mature zebrafish (Danio rerio) as a model for human aging and disease / Evan T. Keller, Jill M. Keller, and Gavin Gillespie -- Zebrafish as aging models / Shuji Kishi -- Telomeres in aging: birds / Susan E. Swanberg and Mary E. Delany -- Domestic and wild bird models for the study of aging / Donna J. Holmes and Mary Ann Ottinger -- A transgenic mini rat strain as a tool for studying aging and calorie restriction / Isao Shimokawa -- Rat models of age-related cognitive decline / Jennifer L. Bizon and Michelle M. Nicolle -- Aged rodents for biogerontology research / Nancy L. Nadon -- Life extension in the dwarf mouse / Andrzej Bartke -- The canine model of human brain aging: cognition, behavior, and neuropathology / P. Dwight Tapp and Christina T. Siwak -- Bats as a novel model for aging research / Anja K. Brunet-Rossinni and Rocco E. Rossinni -- Memory in the aging hippocampus: what can place cells tell us? / Iain A. Wilson -- The rhesus macaque as a model of human aging and age-related disease / Mary Ann Ottinger ... [et al.] -- Nonhuman primates as a models for reproductive aging and human infertility / Barry D. Bavister and Carol A. Brenner --Neurobiology of the aging brain / Carlo Bertoni-Freddari ... [et al.] -- Mitochondrial DNA and aging / Mikhail Alexeyev, Susan P. LeDoux, and Glenn L. Wilson -- Models for apoptosis: from newborn to adult / Christiane Charriaut-Marlangue and Sylvain Renolleau -- Age-related changes in hormones and their receptors in animal models of female reproductive senescence / Jacqueline A. Maffucci and Andrea C. Gore -- Models of chaperones in aging / Jens Krøll and J.O. Nehlin -- Therapeutic potential of stem cells in aging-related diseases / Shannon Whirledge, Kirk C. Lo, and Dolores J. Lamb -- Nuclear transfer and cloning: preservation or expansion of proliferative lifespan? / Keith E. Latham -- Human models of longevity / Thomas Perls -- Computational models of mitochondrial DNA in aging / David C. Samuels -- Mouse models of accelerated aging / Jan Vijg and Paul Hasty -- Models, definitions, and criteria of frailty / David B. Hogan -- Fertility and aging men: an introduction to the male biological clock / Peter N. Schlegel ... [et al.] -- Benign prostatic hyperplasia / Peter Celec -- Murine models of infectious diseases in the aged / Kevin P. High -- Studying infection in the elderly: physiopathology, clinical symptoms and causative agents of pneumonia / Jean-Paul Janssens -- Diabetes and aging / Tamas Fülöp ... [et al.] -- Diabetes as a model of premature aging / Arshag D. Mooradian -- Frailty as a model of aging / Jeremy d. Walston -- Osteoporosis and cardiovascular disease in the elderly / Samy I. McFarlane, John Nicasio, and Ranganath Muniyappa -- Depression in older patients / Kiran Rabheru --The aging human lung: age-associated changes in structure and function / Keith C. Meyer -- Iceland as a model for human aging / Adalsteinn Gudmundsson and Pálmi V. Jónsson -- Behavior and personality in the study of successful aging / Judith Corr and Loraine Tarou --Andropause / Rabih Hijazi and Glenn R. Cunningham -- Aging and the perceptual organization of sounds: a change of scene? / Claude Alain, Benjamin J. Dyson, and Joel S. Snyder -- Models of immune function in aging / Christopher a. Jolly and Zhun Xu -- Human T cell clones in long-term culture as models for the impact of chronic antigenic stress in aging / Graham Pawelec ... [et al.] -- Age-related changes in the human retina / Carlo Cavallotti and Nicola Pescosolido -- Models of age-related vision problems / J. Fielding Hejtmancik, Mark Kantorow, and Takeshi Iwata -- Health, functional and therapeutic implications of obesity in aging / R. Lee Kennedy and E.Y.H. Khoo -- Age and joints / Klaus Bobacz and Ilse-Gerlinde Sunk -- Sleep quality in the elderly / Ragnar Asplund -- Atherogenesis and aging / Cam Patterson -- Managing menopausal symptoms / Mary Ellen rousseau -- Psychological aging: a contextual view / Hans-Werner Wahl and Frieder R. Lang -- Nutrients and aging / Lawrence J. Whalley -- Methods for studying hearing impairment and auditory problems of the aged / Robert D. Frisina and D. Robert Frisina -- A mdoel for understanding the pathomechanics of osteoarthritis in aging / Thomas P. Andriacchi and Annegret Mündermann -- Aging and cardiovascular angiogenesis models / Andrew Chin ... [et al.] -- Models for the study of stroke / Thiruma V. Arumugam and Mark P. Mattson -- Werner syndrome as a model of human agiing / Raymond J. Monnat, Jr. -- Models of sarcopenia / Alfred L. Fisher -- Aging of human skin / Paolo U.Giacomoni -- Models of hypertension in aging / Jane F. Reckelhoff ... [et al.].
- Handbook of modern pharmaceutical analysis 2001, ScienceDirectModern pharmaceutical analysis : an overview / S. Ahuja -- Combinatorial chemistry and high-throughput screening in drug discovery and development / Ken Appell, John J. Baldwin and William J. Egan -- Solid-state analysis / Harry G. Brittain -- Degradation and impurity analysis for pharmaceutical drug candidates / Karen M. Alsante, Robert C. Friedmann, Todd D. Hatajik, Linda L. Lohr, Thomas R. Sharp, Kimberly D. Snyder and Edward J. Szczesny -- Preformulation studies / Edward Lau -- Solid dosage-form analysis / Philip J. Palermo -- Parenteral dosage forms / Gregory A. Birrer, Satya S. Murthy, Jie Liu and Judy Estrada -- New drug delivery systems / David C. Pang -- Compendial testing / Christine F. Richardson -- Method development / Henrik T. Rasmussen -- Setting up specifications / Ian E. Davidson -- Validation of pharmaceutical test methods / Jonathan B. Crowther -- Stability studies / Jessica Cha, Joseph S. Ranweiler and Philip A. Lane -- Analytical methodology transfer / Stephen Scypinski -- Pharmaceutical analysis documentation / Hitesh Chokshi and Kathleen Schostack -- An innovative separation platform : electrophoretic microchip technology / Lian Ji Jin, Jerome Ferrance, Zhili Huang and James P. Landers.
- "Reflecting the milestones in the field that have occurred since the publication of the first edition, this book provides an updated tool kit that incorporates conventional as well as modern approaches to tackling biological and medicinal research in the post genomic era. The authors have evaluated, revised, and sometimes replaced all protocols with more efficient, reliable, or simpler ones. The book is also completely reorganized and covers topics of modern "omics" approaches, including genomics, proteomics, and metabolomics. This is followed coverage of the Manipulation of Biological Systems, including RNAi, and the use of microscopy"--Provided by publisher.
- Handbook of mouse auditory research 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of movement disorders 2009, Springer
- Handbook of MRI pulse sequences 2004, ScienceDirect
- How to use this book -- Parameters and trade-offs -- Pulse sequences -- Flow phenomena and artefacts -- Gating and respiratory compensation techniques -- Patient care and safety -- Contrast agents -- Head and neck -- Spine -- Chest -- Abdomen -- Pelvis -- Upper limb -- Lower limb -- Paediatric imaging.
- Handbook of multilevel analysis 2008, SpringerBayesian multilevel analysis and MCMC /David Draper --Diagnostic checks for multilevel models /Tom A.B. Snijders, Johannes Berkhof --Optimal designs for multilevel studies /Mirjam Moerbeek, Gerard J.P. Van Breukelen, Martijn P.F. Berger --Many small groups /Stephen W. Raudenbush --Multilevel models for ordinal and nominal variables /Donald Hedeker --Multilevel and related models for longitudinal data /Anders Skrondal, Sophia Rabe-Hesketh --Non-hierarchical multilevel models /Jon Rasbash, William J. Browne --Multilevel generalized linear models /Germán Rodríguez --Missing data /Nicholas T. Longford --Resampling multilevel models /Rien van der Leeden, Erik Meijer, Frank M.T.A. Busing --Multilevel structural equation modeling /Stephen H.C. du Toit, Mathilda du Toit.
- Handbook of multiple sclerosis 2010, Springer
- Handbook of multiple sclerosis. 3rd ed. 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of nanomedicine. 2nd ed. 2012, Springer
- Handbook of nanoscience, engineering, and technology 2003, CRCnetBASEEnabling technologies for molecular nanosystems -- Solution-phase chemistry -- Dynamics of brownian assembly -- Molecular systems by brownian assembly -- Large secondary bonded systems -- Protein and DNA engineering.
- Handbook of near-infrared analysis. 3rd ed. 2008, CRCnetBASE
- Evidence-based practice. Evidence-based clinical practice decisions / Anita Glucken, Ellen Tappero, Gerald B. Merenstein -- Support of the neonate. Prenatal environment: effect on neonatal outcome / Mary Lepley, Radhika Ghatge Gogoi. Perinatal transport / Gary Pettett, Eugenia K. Pallotto, Gerald B. Merenstein. Delivery room care / Susan Niermeyer, Susan B. Clarke. Initial nursery care / Sandra L. Gardner, Janis L. Johnson. Heat balance / W. Woods Blake, Judith A. Murray. Physiologic monitoring / Wanda Todd Bradshaw, Barbara S. Turner, John R. Pierce. Diagnostic imaging in the neonate / John D. Strain, Juley C. Jenkins. Pharmacology in neonatal care / C. Michael Cotten, Barbara S. Turner, Mary Miller-Bell. Drug withdrawal in the neonate / Susan M. Weiner, Loretta P. Finnegan. Acid-base homeostasis and oxygenation / William H. Parry, Jan Zimmer. Pain and pain relief / Sandra L. Gardner, Mary I. Enzman Hagedorn, Lorraine A. Dickey. The neonate and the environment: impact on development / Sandra L. Gardner, Edward Goldson -- Metabolic and nutritional care of the neonatal. Fluid and electrolyte management / Brady A. Kerr, Alisa L. Starbuck, Steven M. Block. Glucose homeostasis / Jane E. McGowan, Webra Price-Douglas, William W. Hay, Jr. Enteral nutrition / Marianne S. Anderson ... [et al.] Total parenteral nutrition / Howard W. Kilbride, Mary Kay Leick-Rude, Nancy H. Allen. Skin and skin care / Carolyn Houska-Lund, David J. Durand. Breast feeding the neonate with special needs / Sandra L. Gardner, B.J. Snell, Ruth A. Lawrence -- Infection and hematologic diseases of the neonate. Newborn hematology / Marilyn Manco-Johnson, Donna J. Rodden, Shannon M. Collins. Jaundice / C. Gilbert Frank, Patrician Hiniker Frank. Infection in the neonate / Mohan Venkatesh ... [et al.] -- Common systemic diseases of the neonate. Respiratory diseases / Mary I. Enzman Hagedorn ... [et al.] Cardiovascular diseases and surgical interventions / Stefanie E. Knight, Reginald L. Washington. Neonate nephrology / Rita D. Swinford ... [et al.] Neurologic disorders / Patti L. Paige, Paul C. Moe. Genetic disorders, malformations, and inborn errors of metabolism / Anne L. Matthews, Nathaniel H. Robin. Neonatal surgery / J. Brent Roaten, Denis D. Bensard, Frances N. Price -- Psychosocial aspects of neonatal care. Families in crisis: theoretical and practical considerations / Roberta Siegel, Sandra L. Gardner, Gerald B. Merenstein. Grief and perinatal loss / Sandra L. Gardner, Peggy Hauser, Gerald B. Merenstein. Follow-up of the neonatal intensive care unit infant / Marilee C. Allen, Pamela A. Donohue, Margaret J. Porter. Ethics, values, and palliative care in neonatal intensive care / Julie Swaney, Nancy English, Brian S. Carter.
- Handbook of neural network signal processing 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of neuroanesthesia. 4th ed. 2007, OvidPhysiology and metabolism of the brain and spinal cord / Ira S. Kass -- Effects of anesthesia on cerebral and spinal cord physiology / Rosemary Hickey -- Neurophysiologic monitoring / M. Sean Kincaid and Arthur M. Lam -- Cerebral protection and resuscitation / Myrna I. Morales, Janet Pittman, and James E. Cottrell -- Management of pain in the neurosurgical patient / Timothy R. Deer -- Anesthetic management of head trauma / Takefumi Sakabe and Audrée A. Bendo -- Anesthesia for supratentorial tumors / Nicolas J. Bruder and Patrick A. Ravussin -- Anesthesia for posterior fossa surgery / Deborah J. Culley and Gregory Crosby -- Anesthetic management of intracranial aneurysms / Philippa Newfield and Audrèe A. Bendo -- Ischemic cerebrovascular disease / Ian A. Herrick, Miquel F. Arango, and Adrian W. Gelb -- Neuroendocrine tumors: pathophysiology / David L. Schreibman and M. Jane Matjasko -- Epilepsy, epilepsy surgery, awake craniotomy for tumor surgery, and intraoperative magnetic resonance imaging / Pirjo Hellen Manninen and Jee Jian See --Spinal cord: injury and procedures / Gary R. Stier ... [et al.] -- Pediatric neuroanesthesia / Philippa Newfield, Lawrence H. Feld, and Rukaiya K.A. Hamid -- Neurosurgery in the pregnant patient / David J. Wlody and Lela D. Weems -- Anesthetic management of therapeutic interventional neuroradiologic procedures / Shailendra Joshi, Sundeep Mangla, and William L. Young -- Anesthetic management of diagnostic neuroradiology / Deborah M. Whelan, Melissa A. Laxton, and Patricia H. Petrozza -- Complications in the postanesthesia care unit / Jean G. Charchaflieh and Samrat H. Worah -- Respiratory care of the neurosurgical patient / Irene Rozet and Karen B. Domino -- Cardiovascular therapy / Steven J. Allen and C. Lee Parmley -- Fluid management / Concezione Tommasino -- Nutritional support in the critically ill patient / John M. Taylor and Linda Liu -- Traumatic brain injury, stroke, and brain death / Seth Manoach and Jean G. Charchaflieh.
- Handbook of neurochemistry and molecular neurobiology. Neural signaling mechanisms. 3rd ed. 2009, Springer
- Handbook of neurochemistry and molecular neurobiology. Neuroactive proteins and peptides. 3rd ed. 2006, SpringerNerve Growth Factor and Related Proteins / J. Regino Perez-Polo -- Signaling Through the Neurotrophin Receptors / Yu Pong Ng, Kin Yip Lo, Zelda H. Cheung and Nancy Y. Ip -- CNTF and Related Neurokines / S. W. Halvorsen and N. Kaur -- GDNF and Related Proteins / H. Peterziel and J. Strelau -- Fibroblast Growth Factors in Brain Functions / K. Unsicker, B. Reuss and O. von Bohlen und Halbach -- Transforming Growth Factor-βs in the Brain / K. Krieglstein -- IGF-1 in Brain Growth and Repair Processes / C. Bondy, C. Cheng, J. Zhong and W.-H. Lee -- Erythropoietin Signaling Pathways in Neuroprotection / M. Digicaylioglu -- TNF-α in CNS: Physiologic and Pathologic Roles / R. N. Saha and K. Pahan -- Glia Maturation Factor in Brain Function / R. Lim and A. Zaheer -- Nitric Oxide Synthases in Brain Function / S. Murphy and T. Coughlan -- 14-3-3 Proteins in Brain function / Y. Takahashi -- Heat Shock Proteins in Brain Function / P. Csermely -- GFAP and Astrocyte Intermediate Filaments / M. Pekny and U. Wilhelmsson -- GAP-43 in Neural Development and Plasticity / N. I. Perrone-Bizzozero and D. C. Tanner -- Protein Attractants and Repellants in Axonal Guidance / Y. Zou -- Opioid Receptor Genes and Their Regulation / L-N. Wei and H. H. Loh -- Opioid Receptor Signaling and Regulation / P-Y Law and H. H. Loh -- CGRP: a Multifunctional Neuropeptide / A. F. Russo and I. M. Dickerson -- Substance P and the Tachykinins / M. R. Howard, K. Haddley, T. Thippeswamy, S. Vasiliou and J. P. Quinn -- Secretin Superfamily: PACAP, VIP, and Related Neuropeptides / T. Mustafa and L. E. Eiden -- Hypocretins/Orexins in Brain Function / J. G. Sutcliffe and L. de Lecea -- Neuropeptide Y in Brain Function / A. Thorsell and C. L. Ehlers -- Cholecystokinin Peptides in Brain Function / F. Noble and B. P. Roques -- Oxytocin and Vasopressin: Genetics and Behavioral Implications / H. K. Caldwell and W. S. Young -- Corticotropin-Releasing Factor in Brain Function / F. Noble and B. P. Roques -- Angiotensins in Brain Function / F. Noble and B. P. Roques -- Leptin in Brain Function / J. Harvey.
- Alterations of Neurotransmitter Receptors in Schizophrenia: Evidence from Postmortem Studies / L. V. Kristiansen, R. M. Cowell, M. Biscaia, R. E. McCullumsmith and J. H. Meador-Woodruff -- An Overview and Current Perspective on Family Studies of Schizophrenia / L. E. DeLisi -- Auditory Cortex Anatomy and Asymmetry in Schizophrenia / J. F. Smiley -- Cholinergic Mechanisms in Schizophrenia / T. J. Raedler and R. Freedman -- Cortical Dopamine in Schizophrenia / A. Abi-Dargham -- Dysbindin-1 and Its Protein Family With Special Attention to the Potential Role of Dysbindin-1 in Neuronal Functions and the Pathophysiology of Schizophrenia / K. Talbot, W.- Y. Ong, D. J. Blake, J. Tang and N. Louneva, et al. -- Early-Stage Visual Processing Deficits in Schizophrenia / P. D. Butler -- Event-Related Potentials (ERPs) in the Study of Schizophrenia: How Preclinical ERP Studies have Contributed to our Understanding of Schizophrenia / J. M. Phillips, C. R. Maxwell, R. S. Ehrlichman and S. J. Siegel -- G72/G30 in Neuropsychiatric Disorders / J. Shi, L. Cheng, E. S. Gershon and C. Liu -- Glutamatergic Approaches to the Conceptualization and Treatment of Schizophrenia / J. Kantrowitz and D. C. Javitt -- Hippocampus / S. Heckers -- Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy / P. Milev, S. Miranowski and K. O. Lim -- Neuregulin 1 and Schizophrenia / Y.-J. J. Chen, L. W. Role and D. A. Talmage -- Redox Dysregulation in Schizophrenia: Genetic Susceptibility and Pathophysiological Mechanisms / K. Q. Do, P. Bovet, J. H. Cabungcal, P. Conus and R. Gysin, et al. -- Synaptic Vesicle Associated Proteins and Schizophrenia / H. T. Kao and B. Porton -- The Neurobiology of Negative Symptoms and the Deficit Syndrome / B. A. Fischer, B. Kirkpatrick and W. T. Carpenter -- The Role of Prefrontal Abnormalities in Schizophrenia / M. J. Hoptman and K. A. Nolan.
- Handbook of neurocritical care. 2nd ed. 2011, SpringerEstablishing and organizing a neuroscience critical care unit -- Electrolyte and metabolic derangements -- Fever and infections -- Cerebral blood flow and metabolism: physiology and monitoring -- Multimodality monitoring in acute brain injury -- Cerebral edema and intracranial hypertension -- Cardiac dysfunction, monitoring, and management -- Airway management and mechanical ventilation in the NCCCU -- Blood pressure management -- Nutrition in neurocritical care -- Sedation, analgesia, and neuromuscular paralysis -- Postoperative care -- Care following neurointerventional procedures -- Ethical issues and withdrawal of life-sustaining therapies -- Collaborative nursing practice in the neurosciences critical care unit -- Coma and disorders of consciousness -- Acute encephalopathy -- Traumatic brain injury -- Acute myelopathy -- Ischemic stroke -- Intracerebral hemorrhage -- Intraventricular hemorrhage -- Subarachnoid hemorrhage -- Brain injury following cardiac arrest -- Meningitis and encephalitis -- Cerebral venous sinus thrombosis -- Neuroleptic malignant syndrome, malignant hyperthermia, and serotonin syndrome -- Brain tumors -- Hydrocephalus -- Neuromuscular disorders -- Status epilepticus -- Deep venous thrombosis and pulmonary embolism -- Neurocritical illness during pregnancy and puerperium -- Brain death and organ donation.
- Handbook of neuroemergency clinical trials 2006, ScienceDirectFulltext ScienceDirectAcute ischemic stroke / Christopher Bladin and Stephen Davis -- Subarachnoid hemorrhage / Nader Pouratian, Aaron S. Dumont, and Neal F. Kassell -- Spontaneous intracerebral hemorrhage / Michael D. Hill -- Traumatic brain injury / Wayne M. Alves and Lawrence F. Marshall -- Acute seizures and status epilepticus / Susan Herman -- Clinical trials in neuro-ophthalmology / Madhura Tamhankar and Laura Balcer -- Brain resuscitation / Edwin Nemoto and Charles C. King -- Clinical trials in brain injury after cardiac arrest / Romergryko G. Geocadin and Daniel F. Hanley -- Efficient dose-response finding strategies for acute neuroemergency treatments / Tom Parke ... [et al.] -- Biostatistical issues in neuroemergency clinical trials / Wayne M. Alves -- Data safety and monitoring board: role in acute neurological trials / Brett E. Skolnick -- Role of a project medical officer in acute neuroemergency clinical trials / Joseph A. Kwentus -- Ethical considerations in neuroemergency clinical trials / Wayne M. Alves -- Industry perspective on drug development / Thomas C. Wessel and Christopher Gallen -- Regulatory perspective / Lisa L. Travis.
- Handbook of neuroendocrinology. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirect
- Introduction to clinical neurological scales / Robert M. Herndon and Gary Cutter -- Generic and general use scales / Robert M. Herndon -- Pediatric developmental scales / Roger A. Brumback -- Pediatric neurologic and rehabilitation rating scales / Raphael Corcoran Sneed, Edward L. Manning, and Cathy F. Hansen -- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis clinimetric scales--guidelines for administration and scoring / Benjamin Rix Brooks -- Scales for the assessment of movement disorders / Stephen T. Gancher -- Multiple sclerosis and demyelinating diseases / Robert M. Herndon and Jeffrey I. Greenstein -- Assessment of the elderly with dementia / Richard Camicioli and Katherine Wild -- Clinical stroke scales / Wayne M. Clark and J. Maurice Hourihane -- Peripheral neuropathy and pain scales / Robert M. Herndon -- Diagnostic headache criteria and instruments / Elcio J. Piovesan and Stephen D. Silberstein -- Scales for assessment of ataxia / Robert M. Herndon -- Assessment of traumatic brain injury / Risa Nakase-Richardson ... [et al.] -- Health-related quality of life scales for epilepsy / James J. Cereghino -- Rehabilitation outcome measures / Samuel T. Gontkovsky and Risa Nakase-Richardson -- HIV-associated cognitive impairment / Giovanni Schifitto -- Summary and conclusions / Robert M. Herndon.
- H.E.L.P. - Apherese ....................
- — Handbook of neurologic rating scales....
- Handbook of neuroprosthetic methods ....
- — Health risk communication ..............
- Health risks from exposure to low lev...
- — HIV interactions with dendritic cells ..
- HIV interactions with host cell prote...
- — Hysteroscopy. 3rd ed. ..................
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Editor: Jianfang, Zhang
Translated & Donated by Muoi Arnold and Keith Arnold former Stanford faculty