View by page
- G protein coupled receptors Trafficking and oligomerization. 1st ed. — Genetic analysis of complex diseases. 2nd ed. (128)
- Genetic and molecular epidemiology of multiple myeloma — Ghost map the story of London's most terrifying epidemic--and how it changed science, cities, and the modern world (128)
- Ghrelin in health and disease — Grainger & Allison's Diagnostic radiology essentials (128)
- Grand challenge for the future vaccines for poverty-related diseases from bench to field — Gynecological imaging a reference guide to diagnosis (126)
- G protein coupled receptors Trafficking and oligomerization. 1st ed. 2013, ScienceDirectSection 1. GPCR trafficking. Therapeutic rescue of misfolded/mistrafficked mutants : automation-friendly high-throughput assays for identification of pharmacoperone drugs of GPCRs / David C. Smithson, Jo Ann Janovick, and P. Michael Conn ; Trafficking of the follitropin receptor / Alfredo Ulloa-Aguirre, James A. Dias, George Bousfield, Ilpo Huhtaniemi, and Eric Reiter ; Single-molecule imaging technique to study the dynamic regulation of GPCR function at the plasma membrane / B.E. Snaar-Jagalska, A. Cambi, T. Schmidt, and S. de Keijzer ; GPCR oligomerization and receptor trafficking / Richard J. Ward, Tian-Rui Xu, and Graeme Milligan ; [Beta]-arrestins and G protein-coupled receptor trafficking / Dong Soo Kang, Xufan Tian, and Jeffrey L. Benovic ; Tracking cell surface mobility of GPCRs using [alpha]-bungarotoxin-linked fluorophores / Saad Hannan, Megan E. Wilkins, Philip Thomas, and Trevor G. Smart ; Regulatory mechanism of G protein-coupled receptor trafficking to the plasma membrane : a role for mRNA localization / Kusumam Joseph, Eleanor K. Spicer, and Baby G. Tholanikunnel ; Dissecting trafficking and signaling of atypical chemokine receptors / Elena Borroni, Cinzia Cancellieri, Massimo Locati, and Raffaella Bonecchi -- Section 2. Trafficking motifs. Systematic and quantitative analysis of G protein-coupled receptor trafficking motifs / Carl M. Hurt, Vincent K. Ho, and Timothy Angelotti ; Identification of endoplasmic reticulum export motifs for G protein-coupled receptors / Guangyu Wu ; Amino acid residues of G-protein-coupled receptors critical for endoplasmic reticulum export and trafficking / Motonao Nakamura, Daisuke Yasuda, Nobuaki Hirota, Teruyasu Yamamoto, Satoshi Yamaguchi, Takao Shimizu, and Teruyuki Nagamune -- Section 3. GPCR oligomerization. G-protein-coupled heteromers : regulation in disease / Ivone Gomes, Achla Gupta, and Lakshmi A. Devi ; Hetero-oligomerization and specificity changes of G protein-coupled purinergic receptors : novel insight into diversification of signal transduction / Tokiko Suzuki, Kazunori Namba, Natsumi Mizuno, and Hiroyasu Nakata ; Bimolecular fluorescence complementation analysis of G protein-coupled receptor dimerization in living cells / Karin F.K. Ejendal, Jason M. Conley, Chang-Deng Hu, and Val J. Watts ; G protein-coupled receptor heterodimerization in the brain / Dasiel O. Borroto-Escuela, Wilber Romero-Fernandez, Pere Garriga, Francisco Ciruela, Manuel Narvaez, Alexander O. Tarakanov, Miklós Palkovits, Luigi F. Agnati, and Kjell Fuxe ; Experimental strategies for studying G protein-coupled receptor homo- and heteromerization with radioligand binding and signal transduction methods / Roberto Maggio, Cristina Rocchi, and Marco Scarselli ; Analysis of GPCR dimerization using acceptor photobleaching resonance energy transfer techniques / Marta Busnelli, Mario Mauri, Marco Parenti, and Bice Chini ; Techniques for the discovery of GPCR-associated protein complexes / Avais Daulat, Pascal Maurice, and Ralf Jockers ; Expression, purification, and analysis of G-protein-coupled receptor kinases / Rachel Sterne-Marr, Alison I. Baillargeon, Kevin R. Michalski, and John J.G. Tesmer ; Modern methods to investigate the oligomerization of glycoprotein hormone receptors (TSHR, LHR, FSHR) / Marco Bonomi and Luca Persani.
- G protein coupled receptors. Modeling, activation, interactions and virtual screening 2013, ScienceDirectThe protein local optimization program and g-protein-coupled receptors:loop restoration and applications to homology modeling -- Modeling active GPCR conformations -- Molecular modeling of adenosine receptors -- Predicting g-protein-coupled receptors families using differet physiochemical properties and pseudo amino acid composition -- Computational design and experimental characterization of GPCR segment models -- G-protein-coupled receptor interaction with small GTPases -- Quantification of receptor tyrosine kinase activiation and transactivation by G-protein-coupled receptors using spatial intensity distribution analysis (SplDA) -- NMR modeling for detection of small molecule binding to RGS4 -- Group II activators of g-protein signaling: monitoring the interaction of G[alpha] with G-protein motif in the intact cell -- Homogenous time-resolved fluorescence assay to probe folded G protein-coupled receptors -- cAMP biosensors applied in molecular pharmacological studies of G protein-coupled receptors -- Rhodospin-lipid intereactions studied by NMR -- Biasing the parathyroid hormone receptor: relating in vitro ligand efficacy to in vivo biological activity -- Application of Monte Carlo-based receptor ensemble docking to virtual screening for GPCR ligands -- From heptahelical bundle to hits from the haystack: structure-based virtual screening for GPCR ligands -- Kinetics and dynamics in the G protein-coupled receptor signaling cascade -- Magic angle spinning nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy fo G protein-coupled receptors -- Posttranslation modification of G protein-coupled receptor in relationship to biased agonism -- Protein S-nitrosylation measurement.
- G protein coupled receptors. Structure 2013, ScienceDirectThis new volume of Methods in Enzymology continues the legacy of this premier serial by containing quality chapters authored by leaders in the field. This volume covers G protein coupled receptors and includes chapters on such topics as post-translation modification of GPCR in relationship to biased agonism, structure-based virtual screening, and GPCR oligomerization in the brain. This new volume of Methods in Enzymology continues the legacy of this premier serial by containing quality chapters authored by leaders in the field. This volume covers G protein coupled receptors and includes chapters on such topics as post-translation modification of GPCR in relationship to biased agonism, structure-based virtual screening, and GPCR oligomerization in the brain.
- G protein pathways. Part A, Receptors 2002, ScienceDirect
- G protein pathways. Part B, G Proteins and their regulators 2002, ScienceDirect
- G protein pathways. Part C, Effector mechanisms 2002, ScienceDirect
- G protein-coupled receptor-protein interactions Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- G protein-coupled receptors handbook Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- G protein-coupled receptors in drug discovery 2006, CRCnetBASE
- G Protein-coupled receptors-- modeling and simulation 2014, SpringerG protein-coupled receptors (GPCRs) are heptahelical transmembrane receptors that convert extra-cellular stimuli into intra-cellular signaling, and ultimately into biological responses. Since GPCRs are natural targets for approximately 40% of all modern medicines, it is not surprising that they have been the subject of intense research. Notwithstanding the amount of data generated over the years, discovering ligands of these receptors with optimal therapeutic properties is not straightforward and has certainly been hampered for years by the lack of high-resolution structural information about these receptors.--Back cover.
- GABA and sleep molecular, functional and clinical aspects 2010, SpringerPart 1. Basic Physiology and Pharmacology -- Physiology and Pharmacology of the GABA System: Focus on GABA Receptors / Hanns Möhler -- Development of Subtype-Selective GABAA Receptor Compounds for the Treatment of Anxiety, Sleep Disorders and Epilepsy / John R. Atack -- Distribution of GABAA Receptor Subunits in the Human Brain / H. J Waldvogel, K Baer and R. L. M. Faull -- Pharmacokinetic Determinants of the Clinical Effects of Benzodiazepine Agonist Hypnotics / David J. Greenblatt -- Part 2. Sleep Science and Circuitry -- Sleep and Its Modulation by Substances That Affect GABAA Receptor Function / Axel Steiger -- Subcortical Neuromodulation of Feedforward and Feedback Inhibitory Microcircuits by the Reticular Activating System / J. Josh Lawrence -- Function of GABAB and ρ-Containing GABAA Receptors (GABAC Receptors) in the Regulation of Basic and Higher Integrated Sleep-Waking Processes / Claude Gottesmann -- Interactions Between GABAergic and Serotonergic Processes in the Dorsal Raphe Nucleus in the Control of REM Sleep and Wakefulness / Jaime M. Monti -- GABA-ergic Modulation of Pontine Cholinergic and Noradrenergic Neurons for REM Sleep Generation / Dinesh Pal and Birendra Nath Mallick -- Involvement of GABAergic Mechanisms in the Laterodorsal and Pedunculopontine Tegmental Nuclei (LDT-PPT) in the Promotion of REM Sleep / Pablo Torterolo and Giancarlo Vanini -- GABAergic Mechanisms in the Ventral Oral Pontine Tegmentum: The REM Sleep-Induction Site - in the Modulation of Sleep-Wake States / Fernando Reinoso-Suárez, Carmen de la Roza, Margarita L Rodrigo-Angulo, Isabel de Andrés and Ángel Núñez, et al. -- The Role of GABAergic Modulation of Mesopontine Cholinergic Neurotransmission in Rapid Eye Movement (REM) Sleep / Gerald A Marks and Christopher M Sinton -- Melatonin and Sleep: Possible Involvement of GABAergic Mechanisms / Daniel P. Cardinali, S. R. Pandi-Perumal, Lennard P. Niles and Gregory M. Brown -- GABA Involvement in the Circadian Regulation of Sleep / J. Christopher Ehlen, Daniel L. Hummer, Ketema N. Paul and H. Elliott Albers -- Part 3. Neurotherapeutics -- Pathophysiology of Sleep Disorders / Thomas C. Wetter, Pierre A. Beitinger, Marie E. Beitinger and Bastian Wollweber -- Insomnia: Differential Diagnosis and Current Treatment Approach / J. F Pagel and Gerald Kram -- Zolpidem in the Treatment of Adult and Elderly Primary Insomnia Patients / Luc Staner, Françoise Cornette, Sarah Otmani, Jean -François Nedelec and Philippe Danjou -- Efficacy and Safety of Zopiclone and Eszopiclone in the Treatment of Primary and Comorbid Insomnia / Jadwiga S. Najib -- Indiplon / David N. Neubauer -- Polysomnographic and Clinical Assessment of Zaleplon for the Treatment of Primary Insomnia / Joseph Barbera and Colin Shapiro.
- GABA and the basal ganglia from molecules to systems. 1st ed. 2007, ScienceDirectBasal ganglia macrocircuits / J. M. Tepper, E. D. Abercrombie and J. P. Bolam -- GABA: homeostatic and pharmacological aspects / A. Schousboe and H. S. Waagepetersen -- GABA [subscript A] receptors: structure and function in the basal ganglia / T. Goetz ... [et al.] -- GABA [subscript B] receptors: structure and function / P. C. Emson -- The cellular, molecular and ionic basis of GABA [subscript A] receptor signalling / M. Farrant and K. Kaila -- GABAergic inhibition in the neostriatum / C. J. Wilson -- Globus pallidus external segment / H. Kita -- Globus pallidus internal segment / A. Nambu -- The pars reticulata of the substantia nigra: a window to basal ganglia output / J. M. Deniau ... [et al.] -- GABAergic control of the subthalamic nucleus / M. D. Bevan, N. E. Hallworth and J. Baufreton -- GABAergic control of substantia nigra dopaminergic neurons / J. M. Tepper and C. R. Lee -- GABAergic output of the basal ganglia / O. Hikosaka -- Localization of GABA receptors in the basal ganglia / J. Boyes and J. P. Bolam -- Presynaptic modulation of GABA release in the basal ganglia / U. Misgeld, G. Drew and Y. Yanovsky -- Development of striatal fast-spiking GABAergic interneurons / M.-F. Chesselet ... [et al.] -- Co-localization of GABA with other neuroactive substances in the basal ganglia / J. F. McGinty -- GABAergic circuits in the basal ganglia and movement disorders / A. Galvan and T. Wichmann -- Simulation of GABA function in the basal ganglia: computational models of GABAergic mechanisms in basal ganglia function / J. R. Wickens, G. W. Arbuthnott and T. Shindou.
- GABA receptors. 3rd ed. 2007, Springer
- Gabbard's Treatments of psychiatric disorders. 4th ed. 2007, PsychiatryOnlineMood disorders and suicidal behavior -- Anxiety disorders in children and adolescents -- Obsessvie-compulsive disorder in children -- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder -- Conduct disorder -- Autistic disorders -- Psychiatric disorders in persons with intellectual disability -- Learning disorders -- Tic disorders -- Delirium due to a general medical condition, delirium due to multiple etiologies, and delirium not otherwise specified -- Dementia due to other general medical conditions and dementia due to multiple etiologies -- Amnestic disorder due to a general medical condition and amnestic disorder not otherwise specified -- Alcohol and other depressant drugs -- Pharmacological treatments for opioid addiction -- The hallucinogens, marijuana, and club drugs -- Stimulants and related drugs -- Individual therapy for substance abuse disorders -- Cognitive, behavioral, and motivational therapies for substance abuse disorders -- Group and family treatments for substance abuse -- Clinical psychopharmacology and cognitive remediation -- Individual and family psychotherapies -- Psychiatric rehabilitation -- Antidepressant and antimanic medications -- Depression-focused psychotherapies -- Psychodynamic psychotherapy of depression -- Combined medication and psychotherapy -- Convulsive and other somatic therapies -- Light therapy -- Panic disorder -- Social anxiety disorder and specific phobias -- Obsessive-compulsive disorder -- Posttraumatic stress disorder and acute stress disorder -- Generalized anxiety disorder -- Dissociative disorders and depersonalization -- Adjustment disorder -- Somatization disorder and undifferentiated somatoform disorder -- Conversion disorder -- Pain disorders -- Body dysmorphic disorder -- Hypochondriasis -- Factitious disorder and malingering -- Sexual dysfunctions -- Pedophilia -- Paraphilias and paraphilia-like disorders -- Gender identity disorder in children, adolescents, and adults -- Intensive treatments -- Psychopharmacological treatment -- Evidence-based and innovative psychological treatments -- Family therapy and marital therapy -- Cluster A personality disorders: paranoid, schizoid, and schizotypal -- Antisocial personality disorder -- Narcissistic personality disorder -- Borderline personality disorder -- Histrionic personality disorder -- Cluster C personality disorder: avioidant, obessive-compulsive, and dependent -- Sleep disorders -- Impulse-control disorders.
- Gadd45 stress sensor genes 2013, SpringerEmerging evidence indicates that the Gadd45 family of genes play a unique and critical role as sensors of stress, including genotoxic, physiological and oncogenic stress. The stress response Gadd45 family of genes (Gadd45a, Gadd45b & Gadd45g), discovered by Dr. Liebermann and other researchers, encode for small (18 kd) nuclear/cytoplasmic proteins).These genes are rapidly induced by a wide variety of endogenous and exogenous stress stimuli. In spite of marked similarities, Gadd45 genes are regulated differently & exhibit functional diversity. Gadd45 are implicated in cell cycle arrest, DNA demethylation & repair, apoptosis, cell survival, genomic stability, inflammation, & in response to physiological and oncogenic stress. Functions of Gadd45 genes are mediated by protein-protein interactions that modulate structure/function of other cellular proteins implicated in cell cycle regulation and the response of cells to stress; these interactions vary depending upon the biological setting including cell type, developmental stage and stress/stimulus. Protein partners include cdc2/cyclinB1, p21, the p38/JNK stress induced kinase pathways, and PCNA/histones. The purpose of this book is to provide a comprehensive picture of the unique global role Gadd45 genes play as stress sensors & the molecular pathways involved.
- Gait analysis an introduction. 4th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Gait analysis normal and pathological function. 2nd ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialGait cycle -- Phases of gait -- Basic functions -- Ankle-foot complex -- Knee -- Hip -- Head, trunk, and pelvis -- Arm -- Total limb function and bilateral synergistic relationships -- Pathological mechanisms -- Ankle and foot gait deviations -- Knee gait deviations -- Hip gait deviations -- Trunk and pelvis gait deviations -- Examples of pathologic gait -- Pediatric gait analysis / Henry G. Chambers -- Stair negotiation -- Running / Marilyn M. Pink -- Gait analysis systems -- Motion analysis -- Muscle control and dynamic electromyography -- Kinetics of gait : ground reaction forces, vectors, moments, power, and pressure -- Stride analysis -- Energy expenditure / Robert Waters.
- Gaither's Dictionary of scientific quotations a collection of quotations pertaining to archaeology, architecture, astronomy, biology, botany, chemistry, cosmology, Darwinism, death, engineering, geology, life, mathematics, medicine, nature, nursing, paleontology, philosophy, physics, probability, science, statistics, technology, theory, universe, and zoology 2008, Springerv. 1. Abortion-medical science -- v. 2. Medicine and art--zoology.
- Galanin 2010, SpringerGalanin : a multitalented neuropeptide / T. Hökfelt and K. Tatemoto -- Galanin, galanin receptors, and drug targets / K. Mitsukawa, X. Lu, and T. Bartfai -- Galanin acts as a trophic factor to the central and peripheral nervous systems / S-A. Hobson ... [et al.] -- Galanin and spinal pain mechanisms : past, present, and future / Xiao-Jun Xu, Tomas Hökfelt, and Zsuzsanna Wiesenfeld-Hallin -- Galanin family of peptides in skin function / J.W. Bauer ... [et al.] -- Galanin in glia : expression and potential roles in the CNS / Helmut Butzkueven and Andrew L. Gundlach -- Galanin and the neuroendocrine axes / Istvan Merchenthaler -- Galanin and consummatory behavior : special relationship with dietary fat, alcohol, and circulating lipids / Jessica R. Barson, Irene Morganstern, and Sarah F. Leibowitz -- Neurochemical modulation of central cardiovascular control : the integrative role of galanin / Zaida Díaz Cabiale ... [et al.] -- Galanin impairs cognitive abilities in rodents : relevance to Alzheimer's disease / J.N. Crawley -- Neuroprotective role for galanin in Alzheimer's disease / Scott E. Counts ... [et al.] -- Galanin, galanin receptor subtypes, and depression-like behaviour / Eugenia Kuteeva ... [et al.] -- Galanin and epilepsy / J.T. Lerner, R. Sankar, and A.M. Mazarati -- Galanin and addiction / Marina R. Picciotto -- Galanin systems and ischemia : peptide and receptor plasticity in neurons and oligodendroglial precursors / Pei-Juan Shen and Andrew L. Gundlach -- The galanin system in cancer / I. Rauch and Barbara Kofler -- Galanin systems in non-mammalian vertebrates with special focus on fishes / Elsie Tachie Mensah, Helene Volkoff, and Suraj Unniappan -- Galanin-like peptide : neural regulator of energy homeostasis and reproduction / Catherine B. Lawrence and Gregory S. Fraley.
- Galen, De diebus decretoriis, from Greek into Arabic a critical edition, with translation and commentary, of Ḥunayn ibn Isḥāq, Kitāb ayyām al-buḥrān SU Catalog (SearchWorks)Print Material
- Gamete and embryo-fetal origins of adult diseases 2014, SpringerThe book Gamete and Embryo-fetal Origins of Adult Diseases introduces various diseases resulting from the abnormal gametogenesis and embryo development, which manifests as growth retardation, birth defects, or increased susceptibility to chronic metabolic diseases such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease and cancer in childhood and adult life, even fertility disorders and the risk of transgenerational transmission. Six common kinds of these diseases are discussed in separate chapters. The authors explore the connections between these diseases and epigenetic reprogramming, rapid cell differentiation and organ formation and environmental influences, including assisted reproductive technology and adverse intrauterine environments. With a summary of findings on the causes and progression of adult diseases at the phase of gametogenesis and embryo development, this book provides insights into the pathogenesis of disease and aids in the treatment and prevention of disease, meeting the requirement for improving the quality of the newborn population, and effectively preventing and curing major diseases at an early stage. This book offers new perspectives and will be an enlightening resource for obstetricians, paediatricians, epidemiologists, endocrinologists and sanitarians.
- This Brief offers a concise, handy overview of the main concepts related to Embryology, revisited through the novel concepts that are applied daily in stem cell research and cell therapy oriented investigations. It is based on three main areas: -The process involved in female gamete differentiation and maturation. The main aspects related to cell biology will be covered and an overview of the epigenetic regulation of gametogenesis will be presented. -Early stages of embryo development with a careful analysis of the regulatory mechanisms driving cleavage, polarization and genome activation. -Stem cell and gametogenesis. The use of the oocyte as a possible source for the derivation of stem cell lines is discussed and depicted as a powerful tool to investigate oocyte potency and asymmetric imprinting. The potential biological implications are evaluated and use of stem cells to derive oocytes is presented.
- Gamma knife neurosurgery 2011, SpringerIntroduction and the nature of radiosurgery -- Principles of stereotaxy -- Ionizing radiation and its effects on living tissue -- Biological effects of ionizing radiation -- Ionizing radiation and clinical practice -- Gamma knife development from 1967 to 2010 -- Radiophysics, radiobiology and the gamma knife -- Preparation for treatment planning -- Dose plan indices -- Gamma knife surgery and computer networks -- Aims of gamma knife surgery -- Principles of information and follow up -- Vestibular schwannomas -- Meningiomas -- Gamma knife for cerebral metastases -- Intraparenchymal intrinsic brain tumors -- Tumors of the pituitary region -- Less common skull base tumors -- Gamma knife for cerebral vascular anomalies -- Trigeminal neuralgia -- Diverse functional indications -- Rare tumors and other lesions -- Orbital indications -- Conclusion and possible future trends.
- The articles in this volume cover the various options of the optimal management of brain tumors, vascular lesions, and functional disorders. They provide a good balance between microneurosurgery and radiosurgery, presenting also alternative surgical and radiosurgical treatment options with discussions on their advantages and disadvantages. The presentation of multiple treatment methods will help to provide better service to patients. Some papers, specifically highlighting alternative treatment options, are accompanied by editorials prepared by recognized experts in the field. Additional emphasis is put on importance of the advanced neuroimaging techniques for radiosurgical treatment planning and subsequent follow-up.
- A brief history of arteriovenous malformation radiosurgery / A. Niranjan, L.D. Lunsford -- Natural history of cerebral arteriovenous malformations and the risk of hemorrhage after radiosurgery / C.-P. Yen, D. Schlesinger, J.P. Sheehan -- The technical evolution of gamma knife radiosurgery for arteriovenous malformations / L.D. Lunsford ... [et al.] -- Targeting and conformality in arteriovenous malformation radiosurgery / I. Paddick, E. Motti -- Dose selection in stereotactic radiosurgery / J.C. Flickinger ... [et al.] -- Development and testing of a radiosurgery-based arteriovenous malformation grading system B.E. Pollock -- Radiosurgery for brainstem arteriovenous malformation / K. Maruyama ... [et al.] -- Multistaged volumetric management of large arteriovenous malformations / H. Kano -- Endovascular embolization in combination with radiosurgery for treatment of arteriovenous malformations / R.A. Miller, B. Jankowitz -- Stereotactic radiosurgery after embolization for arteriovenous malformations / H. Kano -- Long-term side effects of radiosurgery for arteriovenous malformations / M. Yamamoto, T. Kawabe, B.E. Barfod -- Management of adverse radiatio effects after radiosurgery for arteriovenous malformations / E.A. Monaco -- Morphological observations in brain arteriovenous malformations after gamma knife radiosurgery / G.T. Szeifert -- Stereotactic radiosurgery guideline for the management of patients with intracranial arteriovenous malformations / A. Niranjan, L.D. Lunsford -- Cavernous malformations and hemorrhage risk / D. Kondziolka, E.A. Monaco, III, L.D. Lunsford -- Radiosurgery of brain cavernomas : long-term results / R. Liscak -- Radiosurgical treatment for epilepsy associated with cavernomas / M. Lévêque -- Stereotactic radiosurgery guidelines for the management of patients with intracranial cavernous malformations / A. Niranjan, L.D. Lunsford -- Intracranial dural arteriovenous fistulas : natural history and rationale for treatment with stereotactic radiosurgery / D.H.-C. Pan ... [et al.] -- Stereotactic radiosurgery with or without embolization for intracranial dural arteriovenous fistulas / H. Yang -- Dural arteriovenous fistulas and the role of gamma knife stereotactic radiosurgery : the Stockholm experience / M. Söderman, E. Dodoo, B. Karlsson -- Stereotactic radiosurgery guidelines for the management of patients with intracranial dural arteriovenous fistulas / A. Niranjan, L.D. Lunsford.
- Gamma-delta T cells 2001, KargerT cell receptor and function cosegregate in gamma-delta T cell subsets -- Role of the IL-7 receptor in gamma-delta T cell development -- Epidermal and dermal gamma-delta T cells -- Cytokine profiles and responsiveness of dendritic epidermal T cells: cytokine-mediated communication with other cells -- Gamma-delta T cells with emphasis on their functional role in the epidermis -- Role of gamma-delta T cells in cutaneous hypersensitivity reactions -- Gamma-delta T cells: immunoregulatory functions and immunoprotection
- Gamma-glutamyl transpeptidases structure and function 2013, SpringerGamma-Glutamyl Transpeptidases (g-GTs) are members of the N-terminal nucleophile hydrolase superfamily, enzymes that cleave the g-glutamyl amide bond of glutathione to liberate cysteinylglycine. The released g-glutamyl group can be transferred to water (hydrolysis) or to amino acids or short peptides (transpeptidation). g-GT plays a key role in the gamma glutamyl cycle by regulating the cellular levels of the antioxidant glutathione, hence it is a critical enzyme in maintaining cellular redox homeostasis.g-GT is upregulated during inflammation and in several human tumors, and it is involved in many physiological disorders related to oxidative stress, such as Parkinson's disease and diabetes. Furthermore, this enzyme is used as a marker of liver disease and cancer. This book covers current knowledge about the structure-function relationship of g-GTs and gives information about applications of g-GTs in different fields ranging from clinical biochemistry to biotechnology and biomedicine.
- Gantz's Manual of clinical problems in infectious disease. 6th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Gap junctions in development and disease 2005, Springer
- GAPDH biological properties and diversity 2013, Springer
- Gasotransmitters physiology and pathophysiology 2012, Springer"The gases termed gasotransmitters play an increasingly important role in understanding how signalling into and between cells is modulated and fine-tuned. The advent of gasotransmitters has profoundly changed our way of thinking about biosynthesis, liberation, storage and action mechanisms in cellular signaling. In recent years an impressive amount of new data, distributed throughout the existing literature, has been generated. For this book the editors have recruited distinguished colleagues in the field to summarize and review important biological, pharmacological and medical functions and their implications, as well as methods for the detection of gasotransmitters."--P.  of cover.
- Gass' Atlas of macular diseases. 5th ed. v.1-2=, 2012, ClinicalKeyv. 1. Normal macula -- Imaging and electrophysiological studies -- Diseases causing exudative and hemorrhagic detachment of the choroid, retina and retinal pigment epithelium -- Folds of the choroid and retina -- Heredodystrophic disorders affecting the pigment epithelium and retina -- Macular dysfunction caused by retinal vascular diseases -- Macular dysfunction caused by vitreous and vitreoretinal interface abnormalities -- Traumatic retinopathy -- v. 2. Toxic diseases affecting the pigment epithelium and retina -- Infectious diseases of the retina and choroid -- Inflammatory diseases of the retina -- Tumors of the retinal pigment epithelium (RPE) -- Neoplastic diseases of the retina -- Neoplastic diseases of the choroid -- Optic nerve diseases that may masquerade as macular diseases.
- Gastroenterology and nutrition neonatology questions and controversies. 2nd ed. 2012, ScienceDirectFulltext ClinicalKeyOverview of digestion and absorption / Josef Neu -- Maturation of motor function in the preterm infant and gastroesophageal reflux / Anna Marla Hibbs -- Development of gastrointestinal motility reflexes / Sudarshan Rao Jadcherla -- Development of the intestinal mucosal barrier / Allan Walker and Camilia Martin -- The developing intestinal microbiome and its relationship to health and disease / Josef Neu -- The developing intestine as an immune organ / Patricia Lin -- The developing gastrointestinal tract in relation to autoimmune disease, allergy, and atopy / Outi Vaarala -- What are the controversies for basic intestinal development and where will the field be moving in the future? / Josef Neu -- Nutritional requirements of the very-low-birthweight infant / Patti Thureen and William Hay Jr. -- Controversies in neonatal nutrition : macronutrients and micronutrients / Frank R. Greer -- Regulation of protein synthesis and proteolysis in the neonate by feeding / Tracy Gautsch Anthony and Susan Hazels Mitmesser -- Lipids for neonates / Sheila M. Innis -- Human milk feeding of the high-risk neonate / Christina Valentine -- Nutritional requirements for the neonate : what are the controversies and where will the field be moving in the future? / Josef Neu -- Necrotizing enterocolitis / Josef Neu -- Special nutrition of the surgical neonate / Tom Jaksic -- Controversies in short bowel syndrome / Marc Rhoads -- Neonatal cholestasis / Joel Andres -- The neonatal gastrointestinal tract as a conduit to systemic inflammation and developmental delays / Josef Neu and James Wynn -- Adult consequences of neonatal and fetal nutrition : mechanisms / Robert Lane -- Technologies for the evaluation of enteral feeding readiness in premature infants / Josef Neu -- What are the controversies for these clinical conditions and where will the field be moving in the future? / Josef Neu.
- Gastroesophageal reflux and the lung 2013, SpringerDeglutition, Swallowing, and Airway Protection: Physiology and Pathophysiology / Jacqui E. Allen -- The Pathophysiology of Gastroesophageal Reflux / Nikki Johnston -- Making an Accurate Diagnosis of GERD / Edward D. Auyang and Brant K. Oelschlager -- GER and Aspiration in Children / Jonathan E. Spahr and Raymond C. Maguire -- Dysphagia, GER, and Aspiration in the Elderly / Joshua Malo, Kenneth S. Knox and Ronnie Fass -- Chronic Cough and Vocal Cord Dysfunction: The Role of GER / Jamal Hayat, Etsuro Yazaki and Daniel Sifrim -- GER in Asthma and COPD / Bindu Akkanti and Nicola A. Hanania -- Sleep and GER / Susan M. Harding -- Gastroesophageal Reflux in Cystic Fibrosis and Non-CF Bronchiectasis / Ans Pauwels, Daniel Sifrim and Lieven Dupont -- GER and Aspiration in Interstitial Lung Disease / Keith C. Meyer and Ganesh Raghu -- GER in Lung Transplantation / Keith C. Meyer and James D. Maloney -- Pharmacologic Treatment of GERD / Eric Alan Gaumnitz -- Surgical and Endoscopic Approaches to GERD / Marcelo W. Hinojosa and Carlos A. Pellegrini.
- Gastrointestinal and colorectal anesthesia Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Gastrointestinal and liver disease nutrition desk reference 2012, CRCnetBASE"Presents the nutritional consequences and considerations of digestive disorders. Examines the role of nutrition in gastrointestinal and liver disease, including alcoholic and nonalcoholic liver disease, viral hepatitis, cirrhosis, malabsorption, colorectal disease, transplantation, pancreatitis, and inflammatory bowel disease. Includes chapters on food allergy and intolerance, the effects of medicinal plants, and the role of fiber in the gastrointestinal tract. Addresses the challenges of managing nutritional issues for hospitalized patients, and covers eating disorders and ethical issues."--Excerpted from abstract provided by publisher.
- Gastrointestinal and liver pathology. 2nd ed. 2012, ClinicalKeyNon-neoplastic disorders of the esophagus -- Tumors of the esophagus -- Non-neoplastic disorders of the stomach -- Epithelial neoplasms of the stomach -- Non-neoplastic and inflammatory disorders of the small bowel -- Neoplasms of the small intestine -- Gastrointestinal mesenchymal tumors -- Non-neoplastic and neoplastic disorders of the appendix -- Infectious diseases of the colon -- Idiopathic inflammatory bowel disease -- Inflammatory/descriptive/iatrogenic colitides -- Gastrointestinal polyposis syndromes -- Epithelial neoplasms of the colorectum -- Molecular diagnostics in gastrointestinal pathology -- Pathology of the anus -- Pathology of the gallbladder and extrahepatic bile ducts -- Non-neoplastic and neoplastic pathology of the pancreas -- Metabolic and toxic conditions of the liver -- Inflammatory and infectious diseases of the liver -- Liver neoplasms -- Gastrointestinal lymphoma.
- Gastrointestinal and liver pathology. [1st ed.] Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Part 1. Upper GI Bleeding -- Stabilization of Patients Presenting with Upper Gastrointestinal Bleeding / Errol L. Bush and Mark L. Shapiro -- Urgent Workup for Upper Gastrointestinal Bleeding / Loretta Erhunmwunsee and Sandhya A. Lagoo-Deenadayalan -- Management of Esophageal Variceal Bleeding / Keki Balsara and Lisa Pickett -- Management of Dieulafoy's Lesions / Seraina K. Faes, Brian R. Untch, Claire Edwards, John Turner and Martin Poleski, et al. -- Management of Bleeding Peptic Ulcer Disease / James C. Padussis and Theodore N. Pappas -- Management of Unusual Sources of Upper GI Bleeding / Elisabeth Tracy and Janet Tuttle-Newhall -- Mallory-Weiss Syndrome / Jacob N. Schroder and Malcolm S. Branch -- Management of Bleeding Small Bowel Tumors / Keri E. Lunsford and Aurora D. Pryor -- Management of Bleeding from the Bile Duct / Carlos E. Marroquin and Bridget M. Marroquin -- Management of Bleeding from the Pancreas / Eugene P. Ceppa and Dana Portenier -- Part 2. Lower GI Bleeding -- Urgent Workup of Lower GI Bleeding / Dawn M. Emick and Leila Mureebe -- Bleeding Hemorrhoids / Kelley A. Hutcheson and Danny O. Jacobs -- Management of Bleeding Colitis and Colonic Diverticular Disease / Sebastian G. de la Fuente, Hardeep S. Ahluwalia, Alex Perez and John Migaly -- Colonic Arteriovenous Malformations / Sebastian G. de la Fuente and Christopher R. Mantyh -- Bleeding Colonic Tumors / Vanessa A. Olcese and Christopher R. Mantyh -- Part 3. GI Bleeding from an Unknown Source -- Evaluation of the Guaiac Positive Patient / Rebecca Burbridge and Melissa Teitelman -- Obscure GI Bleeding: Capsule and Double-Balloon Techniques / Stephen Philcox -- Provocative Angiography / Mayur B. Patel, Charles Y. Kim and Michael J. Miller -- The Unstable Patient with Obscure Gastrointestinal Bleeding: Surgical and Non-surgical Management / Rebecca P. Petersen and Aurora D. Pryor .
- Gastrointestinal cancer 2005, Springer
- Gastrointestinal cancer atlas for endoscopic therapy 2009, Springer
- Gastrointestinal carcinoma 2008, Springer
- Gastrointestinal endoscopy in practice 2011, ScienceDirectFulltext ClinicalKeyIntroduction to endoscopy -- Preparation for Endoscopy -- Diagnostic Upper Endoscopy -- 4 Diagnostic Colonoscopy -- 5 Small Bowel Endoscopy: Indications and Technique -- Advanced Imaging -- Interventional Endoscopy -- Complications of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy -- Endosonography -- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography.
- Gastrointestinal imaging 2011, ThiemeIndhold: RadCases contains cases selected to simulate everything that you'll see on your rounds, rotations, and exams. RadCases also helps you identify the correct differential diagnosis for each case - including the most critical. Each RadCases title features 100 carefully selected, must-know cases documented with clear, high-quality radiographs. The organization provides maximum ease of use for self-assessment.Each case begins with the clinical presentation on the right-hand page; simply turn the page for imaging findings, differential diagnoses, the definitive diagnosis, essential facts, and more. Each RadCases title includes a scratch-off code that allows 12 months of access to a searchable online database of all 100 cases from the book plus an additional 150 cases in that book's specialty - 250 cases in total.
- Gastrointestinal imaging 2008, ThiemeLiver -- Gallbladder and biliary tract -- Pancreas -- Gastrointestinal tract (general) -- Esophagus -- Stomach and duodenum -- Small bowel -- Colon and anus -- Abdominal cavity.
- Gastrointestinal imaging case review. 2nd ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Gastrointestinal imaging the requisites. 3rd ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Gastrointestinal imaging the requisites. Fourth edition [4th ed.] 2014, ClinicalKeyGet the essential tools you need to make an accurate diagnosis with Gastrointestinal Imaging, 4th Edition! Edited by Giles W. Boland, MD, this popular volume in The Requisites Series delivers the conceptual, factual, and interpretive information you need for effective clinical practice in gastrointestinal imaging. Master core knowledge the easy and affordable way with clear, concise text; new, high-quality images, and coverage of the latest modalities. Efficiently and affordably prepare for the written board exam and for clinical practice with focused, high-yield, richly illustrated coverage of the most essential concepts in gastrointestinal imaging.
- Gastrointestinal imaging-- case review. 3rd ed. 2012, ClinicalKeyGastrointestinal Imaging: Case Review, by Vincent Low, MD, FRANZCR, tests your ability to interpret a wide range of images seen in practice. The completely revised edition of this medical reference title in the popular Case Review series features - 200 cases - organized by difficulty - and 400 images available online at www.casereviewsonline.com, with questions and answers, diagnoses, commentary, and references. It is ideal for quick reference and easy board review! Study effectively with content that mimics the new format of board exams as well as the everyday clinical experience - offering highly effective preparation for certification, recertification, and practice. Spend less time searching and more time learning with easy-to-navigate chapters focused on visual identification and diagnosis, and reorganized by degree of case difficulty and then by body part within each category. Stay current with the most recent findings and advancements in gastrointestinal radiology.
- Gastrointestinal oncology-- a practical guide 2011, SpringerPET Physics and Instrumentation / Brad Kemp -- PET Radiochemistry and Radiopharmacy / Mark S. Jacobson, Raymond A. Steichen and Patrick J. Peller -- PET/CT Interpretation / Patrick J. Peller -- Central Nervous System / Jeffrey A. Miller and Terence Z. Wong -- Head and Neck / Rathan M. Subramaniam, J. M. Davison, Ujas Parikh and M. Abou-Zied -- Chest / Rathan M. Subramaniam, J. M. Davison, D. S. Surasi, Gregory Russo and P. J. Peller -- Breast Cancer / Gustavo A. Mercier, Felix-Nicolas Roy and François Bénard -- Gastrointestinal / Roland Hustinx -- Genitourinary / Jacqueline Brunetti and Patrick J. Peller -- Gynecologic / Patrick J. Peller -- Musculoskeletal / Jeffrey J. Peterson -- Hematology / Rathan M. Subramaniam, Leonne Prompers, A. Agarwal, Ali Guermazi and Felix M. Mottaghy -- Dermatological / David Brandon and Bruce Barron -- Pediatric / Hossein Jadvar, Frederic H. Fahey and Barry L. Shulkin -- Assessment of Response to Therapy / Ali Gholamrezanezhad, Alin Chirindel and Rathan Subramaniam -- Metastatic Disease / Patrick J. Peller -- Radiotherapy Planning / Minh Tam Truong and Rathan M. Subramaniam -- Patients with HIV / Rathan M. Subramaniam, J. M. Davison, Devaki S. Surasi, T. Jackson and T. Cooley -- Pitfalls and Artifacts / Geoffrey Bates Johnson and Christopher Harker Hunt.
- General features of the gastrointestinal tract and evaluation of specimens derived from it -- The nonneoplastic esophagus -- The neoplastic esophagus -- The nonneoplastic stomach -- The neoplastic stomach -- The nonneoplastic small intestine -- Epithelial tumors of the small intestine -- Nonneoplastic diseases of the appendix -- The neoplastic appendix -- Motility disorders -- Inflammatory bowel disease -- Polyposis and hereditary cancer syndromes -- The nonneoplastic colon -- Epithelial neoplasms of the colon -- The nonneoplastic anus -- Neoplastic lesions of the anus -- Gastrointestinal neuroendocrine lesions -- Lymphoproliferative disorders of the gastrointestinal tract -- Mesenchymal tumors.
- Gastrointestinal physiology-- a clinical approach 2014, SpringerThis volume provides a practical hands on guide to gastrointestinal physiology. The book emphasizes an appreciation of basic physiological concepts and their application to novel clinical situations. It exposes the physician-in-training to fundamental principles that are useful in treating patients and lays the groundwork for more advanced study in the future. The authors present relevant cases which incorporate newer adult learning strategies in medical education. These cases provide a forum in which the student can apply acquired knowledge, skills and attitudes. Connections are made to reader's life, whether in the classroom, on the wards or out and about town. Designed for medical students who are studying gastrointestinal physiology for the first time, Gastrointestinal Physiology: A Clinical Approach provides a superb review for upper level medical students and house officers. Nursing and allied health professions students will also find this text to be a useful guide. GI fellows and attending physicians in need of a concise review of fundamental GI physiology principles will also benefit from reading this book.
- Gastrointestinal physiology. 2nd ed. 2014, AccessMedicineGastrointestinal Physiology explains the operation and performance of one of the body's most crucial systems. Using clear, compelling language, the book's presentation makes it easy to absorb the content and integrate it as you learn the physiology of other bodily systems. Written to help you understand essential concepts rather than merely memorize facts, this unique text examines many medically relevant facets of this important body system, including anatomy, pathophysiology, and therapeutics, in concert with physiological information.
- Gastrointestinal physiology. 7th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Gastrointestinal physiology. Eighth edition. [8th ed.] 2013, ClinicalKeyGastrointestinal Physiology, a volume in the Mosby Physiology Monograph Series, explains the fundamentals of gastrointestinal physiology in a clear and concise manner. Ideal for your systems-based curriculum, this fully updated medical textbook provides you with a basic understanding of how the GI system functions in both health and disease. New to this edition: Stay abreast of the latest research and findings in physiology with coverage of the physiological significance of gastrointestinal peptides; the regulation of mucosal growth and cancer; details surrounding acid secretion and peptic ulcers; and more. Access new gastrointestinal information on the regulation of pancreatic secretion and gallbladder contraction; the transport processes for the absorption of nutrients; facts about fat absorption; and the regulation of food intake.
- Gastrointestinal tract sonography in fetuses and children 2008, Springer
- Gastroparesis pathophysiology, presentation and treatment 2012, Springer
- Gaucher disease 2006, CRCnetBASEChapter 1. Introduction: Overview and Historical Perspective / Roscoe O. Brady -- Chapter 2. Gaucher Disease: Molecular Biology and Genotype-Phenotype Correlations / Kathleen S. Hruska, Mary E. LaMarca, and Ellen Sidransky -- Chapter 3. Cell Biology and Biochemistry of Acid β-Glucosidase: The Gaucher Disease Enzyme / Gregory A. Grabowski, Andrzej Kazimierczuk, and Benjamin Liou -- Chapter 4. Saposin C and Other Sphingolipid Activator Proteins / Silvia Locatelli Hoops, Thomas Kolter, and Konrad Sandhoff -- Chapter 5. The X-Ray Structure of Human Acid-β-Glucosidase: Implications for Second-Generation Enzyme Replacement Therapy / Lakshmanane Premkumar, Israel Silman, Joel L. Sussman, and Anthony H. Futerman -- Chapter 6. Cellular Pathology in Gaucher Disease / Anthony H. Futerman -- Chapter 7. The Biochemistry and Cellular Biology of Sphingolipids and Glucosylceramide / James A. Shayman -- Chapter 8. The Development of Enzyme Replacement Therapy for Lysosomal Diseases: Gaucher Disease and Beyond / Edward H. Schuchman and Silvia Muro -- Chapter 9. Gaucher Disease Animal Models / Ying Sun, You-Hai Xu, and Gregory A. Grabowski -- Chapter 10. Type 1 Gaucher Disease - Clinical Features / Pramod K. Mistry and Ari Zimran -- Chapter 11. Neuronopathic Gaucher Disease / Raphael Sc hiffmann and Ashok Vellodi -- Chapter 12. Pathologic Anatomy of Gaucher Disease: A Pictorial Essay / Robert E. Lee -- Chapter 13. Neuropathological Aspects of Gaucher Disease / Kondi Wong -- Chapter 14. Diagnosis and Laboratory Features / Carla E.M. Hollak and Johannes M.F.G. Aerts -- Chapter 15. Imaging in Gaucher Disease, Focusing on Bone Pathology / Mario Maas and Erik M. Akkerman -- Chapter 16. Radionuclide Evaluation of Gaucher Disease / Giuliano Mariani and Paola A. Erba -- Chapter 17. Epidemiology and Screening Policy / Peter J. Meikle, Maria Fuller, and John J. Hopwood Chapter 18. Enzyme Replacement Therapy for Type I Gaucher Disease / Ari Zimran, Bruno Bembi, and Gregory M. Pastores -- Chapter 19. Substrate Reduction Therapy / Frances M. Platt and Timothy M. Cox -- Chapter 20. Pharmacologic Chaperone Therapy for Lysosomal Diseases / Robert J. Desnick and Jian-Qiang Fan -- Chapter 21. The Significance of the Blood-Brain Barrier for Gaucher Disease and Other Lysosomal Storage Diseases / David J. Begley -- Chapter 22. Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation, Stem Cells, and Gene Therapy / Charles Peters and William Krivit -- Chapter 23. Ethical Concerns in Treating Rare Diseases with Expensive Therapy / Deborah Elstein and Avraham Steinberg -- Chapter 24. Societal Aspects in Treating Rare Diseases with Expensive Therapy / Deborah Elstein and Avi Israeli -- Chapter 25. Gaucher Disease as a Model for an Orphan Disease: Medical Aspects / Jill Waalen and Ernest Beutler -- Chapter 26. Meeting the Needs of Patients with Gaucher Disease: Pioneering a Sustainable Model for Ultra-Orphan Diseases / David P. Meeker and Henri A. Termeer -- Chapter 27. Patients’ Perspective / Susan Lewis, Tanya Collin-Histed, Jeremy Manuel, and Greg Macres -- Chapter 28. Societal Perspective: Comment / Abby Alpert, Alan M. Garber, and Dana P. Goldman -- Chapter 29. Gaucher Associations Around the World.
- Gaussian Markov random fields theory and applications 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Gaussian process regression analysis for functional data 2011, CRCnetBASE"Gaussian Process Regression Analysis for Functional Data presents nonparametric statistical methods for functional regression analysis, specifically the methods based on a Gaussian process prior in a functional space. The authors focus on problems involving functional response variables and mixed covariates of functional and scalar variables. Covering the basics of Gaussian process regression, the first several chapters discuss functional data analysis, theoretical aspects based on the asymptotic properties of Gaussian process regression models, and new methodological developments for high dimensional data and variable selection. The remainder of the text explores advanced topics of functional regression analysis, including novel nonparametric statistical methods for curve prediction, curve clustering, functional ANOVA, and functional regression analysis of batch data, repeated curves, and non-Gaussian data. Many flexible models based on Gaussian processes provide efficient ways of model learning, interpreting model structure, and carrying out inference, particularly when dealing with large dimensional functional data. This book shows how to use these Gaussian process regression models in the analysis of functional data. Some MATLAB® and C codes are available on the first author's website"--Publisher's website.
- Gender and medicine in Ireland, 1700-1950. First edition [1st ed.] SU Catalog (SearchWorks)Print Material"I was right glad to be rid of it" : dental medical practice in eighteenth-century Ireland / James Kelly -- Women and tuberculosis in Ireland / Greta Jones -- Infant and child mortality in Dublin a century ago / Cormac Ó Gráda -- Cure or custody : therapeutic philosophy at the Connaught District Lunatic Asylum / Oonagh Walsh -- Gender and criminal lunacy in nineteenth-century Ireland / Pauline Prior -- Between habitual drunkards and alcoholics : inebriate women and reformatories in Ireland, 1899-1919 / Elizabeth Malcolm -- Managing midwifery in Dublin : practice and practitioners, 1700-1800 / Philomena Gorey -- Lady Dudley's district nursing scheme and the Congested Districts Board, 1903-1923 / Ciara Breathnach -- "The wages of sin is death" : Lock hospitals, venereal disease, and gender in prefamine Ireland / Laurence M. Geary -- "Sickness," gender, and national health insurance in Ireland, 1920s to 1940s / Mel Cousins -- "A perpetual nightmare" : women, fertility control, the Irish state, and the 1935 ban on contraceptives / Sandra McAvoy -- "A probable source of infection" : the limitations of venereal disease policy, 1943-1951 / Susannah Riordan -- Prophylactics and prejudice : venereal diseases in Northern Ireland during the Second World War / Leanne McCormick.
- Gender policy and HIV in China catalyzing policy change 2009, SpringerChina's concentrated HIV epidemic is on the brink of becoming a generalized one and syphilis infection has become a major public health threat. Social factors relating to gender and gender inequality exacerbate the spread of HIV and sexually transmitted infections (STI) in China. A better understanding of the proximate social determinants of HIV related to gender will be crucial to effectively curbing HIV and other STIs in China. Aspects of China's governance - including administrative procedures, the developing legal system, social institutions, and the public health infrastructure are instrumental in shaping strategies and responses to HIV. International studies suggest that women who are more economically and socially vulnerable may also have a greater risk of HIV infection, yet few initiatives have focused on discrete areas where achievable and sustainable gender policy measures could be linked to the public health response. This study presents perspectives ranging from criminology to social psychology to better understand how gender perspectives can inform HIV policy in the context of China. - Publisher's Description.
- Gender, women, and the tobacco epidemic 2010, WHO"This publication contributes to the scientific understanding of gender, women, and tobacco in the context of efforts to control the global tobacco epidemic. Topics covered include determinants of starting to use tobacco; exposure to second-hand smoke; the impact that tobacco use has on health; addiction and cessation; treatment programs; and gender and human rights policy. The publication also addresses national economic policy with regard to tobacco control, international treaties, and strategies for tobacco-free mobilization at the regional and international levels. Special attention is paid to an analysis of policies that affect girls and women throughout the life course. Men's responsibility to protect women against second-hand smoke is also highlighted"--Publisher's description.
- Gene and cell therapy therapeutic mechanisms and strategies. 3rd ed. 2009, CRCnetBASE
- Gene and protein evolution 2007., KargerCoevolution within and between genes / Galtier, N.; Dutheil, J. -- Evolution of protein-protein interaction network / Makino, T.; Gojobori, T. -- Bacterial flagella and type III secretion: case studies in the evolution of complexity / Pallen, M.J.; Gophna, U. -- Comparative genomics and evolutionary trajectories of viral ATP dependent DNA-packaging systems / Burroughs, A.M.; Iyer, L.M.; Aravind, L. -- General trends in the evolution of prokaryotic transcriptional regulatory networks / Madan Babu, M.; Balaji, S.; Aravind, L. -- Divergence of regulatory sequences in duplicated fish genes / Van Hellemont, R. ... [et al.] -- Evolution of gene function on the X chromosome versus the autosomes / Singh, N.D.; Petrov, D.A. -- Amino acid repeats and the structure and evolution of proteins / Albà, M.M.; Tompa, P.; Veitia, R.A. -- Origination of chimeric genes through DNA-level recombination / Arguello, J.R. ... [et al.] -- Exaptation of protein coding sequences from transposable elements / Bowen, N.J.; Jordan, I.K. -- Modulation of host genes by mammalian transposable elements / Makalowski, W.; Toda, Y. -- Modern genomes with retro-look: retrotransposed elements, retroposition and the origin of new genes / Volff, J.-N.; Brosius, J.
- Gene biotechnology. Third Edition [3rd ed.]. 2011, CRCnetBASE"The third edition of this popular reference covers a variety of techniques related to gene manipulation, including DNA isolation, preparation, screening, and analysis. Topics range from very basic methods to current and sophisticated technologies, including methodologies created and tested by the authors. Other topics include approaches to grant funding and SiRNA technology. The authors offer detailed, step-by-step explanations of protocols and helpful troubleshooting guides. This edition features new techniques for every chapter, as well as several new chapters"--Provided by publisher.
- Gene expression and regulation 2006, Springer
- Gene expression studies using affymetrix microarrays 2009, CRCnetBASE"Gene expression studies merge three disciplines with different historical backgrounds: molecular biology, bioinformatics, and biostatistics. This book tears down the omnipresent language barriers among researchers of these different backgrounds by explaining the entire process of a gene expression study from conception to interpretation. It covers important technical and statistical pitfalls and problems, helping not only to explain concepts outside the domain of researchers, but to provide additional guidance in their field of expertise. The book also describes technical and statistical methods conceptually with illustrative examples, enabling those inexperienced with gene expression studies to grasp the basic principles"--Provided by publisher.
- Gene expression technology ScienceDirect
- Gene expression to neurobiology and behaviour human brain development and developmental disorders 2011, ScienceDirectHow does the genome, interacting with the multi-faceted environment, translate into the development by which the human brain achieves its astonishing, adaptive array of cognitive and behavioural capacities? Why and how does this process sometimes lead to neurodevelopmental disorders with a major, lifelong personal and social impact? This volume of Progress in Brain Research links findings on the structural development of the human brain, the expression of genes in behavioural and cognitive phenotypes, environmental effects on brain development, and developmental processes in perception, action.
- Gene function analysis 2007, Springer ProtocolsGene function inference from gene expression of deletion mutants / Ghislain Bidaut -- Association analysis for large-scale gene set data / Stefan A. Kirov, Bing Zhang, and Jay R. Snoddy -- Estimating gene function with least squares nonnegative matrix factorization / Guoli Wang and Michael F. Ochs -- From promoter analysis to transcriptional regulatory network prediction using PAINT / Gregory E. Gonye ... [et al.] -- Prediction of intrinsic disorder and its use in functional proteomics / Vladimir N. Uversky ... [et al.] -- Sybil : methods and software for multiple genome comparison and visualization / Jonathan Crabtree ... [et al.] -- Estimating protein function using protein-protein relationships / Shailesh V. Date -- Bioinformatics tools for modeling transcription factor target genes and epigenetic changes / Ramana V. Dvuluri -- Mining biomedical data using MetaMap Transfer (MMTx) and the Unified Medical Language System (UMLS) / John D. Osborne ... [et al.] -- Statistical methods for identifying differentially expressed gene combinations / Yen-Yi Ho ... [et al.] -- Gene function analysis using the chicken B-cell line DT40 / Randolph B. Caldwell ... [et al.] -- Design and application of a shRNA-based gene replacement retrovirus / Rugang Zhang, Peter D. Adams, and Xiaofen Ye -- Construction of simple and efficient DNA vector-based short hairpin RNA expression systems for specific gene silencing in mammalian cells / Tsung-Lin Cheng and Wen-Tsan Chang -- Selection of recombinant antibodies from antibody gene libraries / Michael Hust, Stefan Dübel, and Thomas Schirrmann -- A bacterial/yeast merged two-hybrid system : protocol for yeast screening with single of parallel baits / Nadezhda Y. Tikhmyanova ... [et al.] -- A bacterial/yeast merged two-hybrid system : protocol for bacterial screening / Ilya G. Serebriiskii, Nadia Milech, and Erica A. Golemis -- Engineering Cys2His2 zinc finger domains using a bacterial cell-based two-hybrid selection system / Stacey Thibodeau-Beganny and J. Keith Joung.
- Gene knockout protocols. 2nd ed. 2009, Springer ProtocolsOverview on mouse mutagenesis / Ralf Kühn and Wolfgang Wurst -- Construction of gene-targeting vectors by recombineering / Song-Choon Lee, Wei Wang, and Pentao Liu -- Gene-trap vectors and mutagenesis / Silke De-Zolt ... [et al.] -- Chromosome engineering in ES cells / Louise vander Weyden, Charles Shaw-Smith, and Allan Bradley -- Gene modification in embryonic stem cells by single-stranded DNA oligonucleotides / Marieke Aarts ... [et al.] -- Generation of shRNA transgenic mice / Christiane Hitz ... [et al.] -- Mutagenesis of mouse embryonic stem cells with ethylmethanesulfonate / Robert Munroe and John Schimenti -- Gene targeting in mouse embryonic stem cells / Lino Tessarollo ... [et al.] -- Manipulating mouse embryonic stem cells / Eileen Southon and Lino Tessarollo -- ES cell line establishment / Heidrun Kern and Branko Zevnik -- Generation of double-knockout embryonic stem cells / Eva Wielders, Marleen Dekker, and Hein te Riele -- Differentiation analysis of pluripotent mouse embryonic stem (ES) cells in vitro / Insa S. Schroeder ... [et al.] -- Cloning of ES cells and mice by nuclear transfer / Sayaka Wakayama, Satoshi Kishigami, and Teruhiko Wakayama -- Isolation, microinjection, and transfer of mouse blastocysts / Susan W. Reid and Lino Tessarollo -- Aggregation chimeras : combining ES cells, diploid, and tetraploid embryos / Mika Tanaka ... [et al.] -- VelociMouse : fully ES cell-derived F0-generation mice obtained from the injection of ES cells into eight-cell-stage embryos / Thomas M. DeChiara ... [et al.] -- Generation of Cre recombinase-expressing transgenic mice using bacterial artificial chromosomes / Jan Rodriguez Parkitna, David Engblom, and Günther Schütz -- Inducible Cre mice / Susanne Feil, Nadejda Valtcheva, and Robert Feil -- Creation and use of a Cre recombinase transgenic database / Andras Nagy, Lynn Mar, and Graham Watts -- Transposon mutagenesis in mice / David A. Largaespada -- Lentiviral transgenesis / Alexander Pfeifer and Andreas Hofmann -- Sperm cryopreservation and in vitro fertilization / Susan Marschall, Auke Boersma, and Martin Hrabé de Angelis -- Influence of genetic background on genetically engineered mouse phenotypes / Thomas Doetschman -- Pathologic phenotyping of mutant mice / Roderick T. Bronson -- Systemic first-line phenotyping / Valérie Gailus-Durner ... [et al.]
- Gene mapping, discovery, and expression methods and protocols 2006, Springer ProtocolsAnalysis of allele-specific gene expression / Julian C. Knight -- Construction of microRNA-containing vectors for expression in mammalian cells / Yoko Fukuda, Hiroaki Kawasaki, and Kazunari Taira -- Mining microarray data at NCBI's gene expression omnibus (GEO) / Tanya Barrett and Ron Edgar -- The Stanford microarray database: a user's guide / Jeremy Gollub, Catherine A. Ball, and Gavin Sherlock -- Detecting nucleosome ladders on unique DNA sequences in mouse liver nuclei / Tomara J. Fleury, Alfred Cioffi, and Arnold Stein -- DNA methyltransferase probing of DNA-protein interactions / Scott A. Hoose and Michael P. Kladde -- Protein binding microarrays (PBMS) for rapid, high-throughput characterization of the sequence specificities of DNA binding proteins / Michael F. Berger and Martha L. Bulyk -- Quantitative profiling of protein-DNA binding on microarrays / Jiannis Ragoussis, Simon Field, and Irina A. Udalova -- Analysis of protein-DNA binding by streptavidin-agarose pulldown / Kenneth K. Wu -- Isolation and mass spectrometry of specific DNA binding proteins / Mariana Yaneva and Paul Tempst -- Isolation of transcription factor complexes by in vivo biotinylation tagging and direct binding to streptavidin beads / Patrick Rodriguez ... [et al.]. Use of genome browsers to locate your favorite genes / Minou Bina -- Methods for identifying and mapping recent segmental and gene duplications in eukaryotic genomes / Razi Khaja ... [et al.] -- Identification and mapping of paralogous genes on a known genomic DNA sequence / Minou Bina -- Quantitative DNA fiber mapping in genome research and construction of physical maps / Heinz-Ulrich G. Weier and Lisa W. Chu -- PRINS for mapping single copy genes / Avirachan T. Tharapel and Stephen S. Wachtel -- VISTA family of computational tools for comparative analysis of DNA sequences and whole genomes / Inna Dubchak and Dmitriy V. Ryaboy -- Computational prediction of cis-Regulatory modules from multispecies alignments using galaxy, table browser, and GALA / Laura Elnitski, David King, and Ross C. Hardison -- Comparative promoter analysis in vertebrate genomes with the CORG workbench / Christoph Dieterich and Martin Vingron -- cis-Regulatory region analysis using BEARR / Vinsensius Berlian Vega -- A database of 9-Mers from promoter region of human protein-coding genes / Minou Bina, Phillip Wyss, and Syed Rehan Shah -- A program toolkit for the analysis of regulatory regions of genes / Phillip Wyss, Sheryl A. Lazarus, and Minou Bina --
- Gene probes principles and protocols Springer Protocols
- Gene profiles in drug design 2008, CRCnetBASEA perspective on the future clinical impact of genetic diagnosis and gene-based drug therapies for patient health / Julian W. Tang -- Virally-encoded microRNA (miRNA): candidates for gene silencing / Ralph A. Tripp ... [et al.] -- Development of gene profile-responsive antisense agents / Sergei A. Kazakov and Brian H. Johnston -- Gene profiles in drug development: applications in target identification, biomarker discovery, and compound characterization / Eric A.G. Blomme and Dimitri Semizarov -- Gene profiles and cancer / Beverly A. Teicher -- RNA viruses and RNA-based drugs: a perfect match for RNA delivery and the identification of candidate therapeutic target inflammatory molecules / Brett A. Lidbury ... [et al.] -- Ethical considerations for a genetic future in diagnosis and drug development / Lexie Brans and Brett A. Lidbury.
- Gene regulatory sequences and human disease 2012, SpringerGene regulatory elements / Nadav Ahituv -- Hemoglobin regulatory regions / Betty S. Pace and Levi H. Makala -- Regulatory polymorphisms and osteoporosis / Huilin Jin and Stuart H. Ralston -- Gene regulation in Van Buchem disease / Gabriela G. Loots -- Cis-regulatory enhancer mutations are a cause of human limb malformations / Julia E. VanderMeer and Nadav Ahituv -- Regulatory mutations leading to cleft lip and palate / Brian C. Schutte, Walid D. Fakhouri and Daniel Zemke -- Cis-regulatory disruption at the SOX9 locus as a cause of Pierre Robin sequence / Christopher T. Gordon, Sabina Benko, Jeanne Amiel and Stanislas Lyonnet -- Regulatory mutations in human hereditary deafness / Jonathan E. Bird and Thomas B. Friedman -- Contributions of RET noncoding variation to Hirschsprung disease / Zachary E. Stine and Andrew S. McCallion -- Cis-regulatory variation and cancer / Nora F. Wasserman and Marcelo A. Nobrega -- Cohesin and human diseases / Dongbin Xu and Ian D. Krantz -- Epigenetics and human disease / Angeliki Magklara and Stavros Lomvardas.
- Gene silencing by RNA interference technology and application 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Gene therapy 2010, Springer
- Gene therapy for cancer 2007, SpringerAdenovector-mediated cancer gene therapy / Bingliang Fang and Jack A. Roth -- Efficacy, toxicity, and immunogenicity of adenoviral vectors / Dmitry M. Shayakhmetov -- Lentiviral and retroviral vector systems / Renata Stripecke and Noriyuki Kasahara -- Vaccinia and pox-virus / Sricharan Chalikonda and David L. Bartlett -- Herpes simplex virus as a therapy for cancer / Ian J. Mohr -- Alphavirus vectors for gene therapy applications / Kenneth Lundstrom -- Vesicular stomatitis virus and RNA viruses as gene therapy vectors / Glen N. Barber -- Parvovirus vectors / Selvarangan Ponnazhagan -- Nonviral vector systems / Pui-yan Lee and Leaf Huang -- Oncogenes, tumor suppressor genes, and apoptosis-inducing genes utilized in cancer gene therapy / Lidong Zhang and Bingliang Fang -- Gene silencing therapy against cancer / Chao-Zhong Song -- Tumor targeting-retargeted adenovirus / Masato Yamamoto and David T. Curiel -- Oncolytic herpes simplex for gene therapy in preclinical and clinical trials / Richard H. Pin ... [et al.] -- Cytokine gene therapy for genitourinary cancer / Terry L. Timme ... [et al.] -- Combination of gene therapy with radiation / Anupama Munshi and Raymond E. Meyn -- Gene transfer for chemoprotection and enrichment of hematopoietic stem cells / Justin C. Roth and Stanton L. Gerson -- Nonviral genetic vaccines for cancer / Steven R. Little, Daniel G. Anderson, and Robert Langer -- Gene therapy targeted at angiogenesis and lymphangiogenesis for cancer treatment / Anita T. Tandle and Steven K. Libutti -- Tumor-specific replicating adenoviruses : delta 24 for human gliomas / Giacomo G. Vecil, Juan Fueyo, and Frederick F. Lang -- Problems, side effects, and disappointments in clinical cancer gene therapy / Ta-Chiang Liu and David H. Kirn -- Trials and tribulations in developing clinical trials of gene therapy : E1A for breast or ovarian cancer / Naoto T. Ueno ... [et al.] -- Phase I clinical experience with intravenous administration of PV701, an oncolytic virus / Andrew L. Pecora and Robert M. Lorence -- MDA-7/IL-24 as a multi-modality therapy for cancer / Sunil Chada ... [et al.] -- Development of therapeutic genes for breast cancer treatment / Mien-Chie Hung and Duen-Hwa Yan -- Steps in a translational cancer gene therapy trial / Urs W. von Holzen and Stephen G. Swisher.
- Gene therapy for renal diseases and transplantation 2008, KargerRenal diseases as targets of gene therapy / Phillips, B., Giannoukakis, N., Trucco, M. -- Non-viral gene delivery / Akital, H., Harashima, H -- Retrovirus vectors for gene delivery / Lech, P., Somia N.V -- Adenovirus vectors for renal targeted gene delivery / Appledorn, D.M., Seregin, S., Amalfitano, A. -- Adeno-associated virus vectors: versatile tools for in vivo gene transfer / Zentilin, L., Giacca, M. -- RNA interference in research and therapy of renal diseases / Rácz, Z., Hamar, P -- Gene therapy for acute renal failure / Torras, J., Cruzado, J.M., Grinyo, J.M -- Chronic deteriorating renal function and renal fibrosis / Isaka, Y., Takahara, S., Imai, E. -- Allograft rejection: acute and chronic studies / Tomasoni, S., Remuzzi, G., Benigni, A. -- Gene therapy for renal cancer / Haviv, Y.S., Curiel, D.T -- HIV-associated nephropathy / Wyatt, C.M., Rosenstiel, P.E., Klotman, P.E.
- Gene therapy of autoimmune diseases 2005, SpringerGene therapy approaches for autoimmune diseases of the central nervous system and other tissues / Roberto Furlan ... [et al.] -- Gene therapeutics in autoimmune diabetes / Jon D. Piganelli, Massimo Trucco, and Nick Giannoukakis -- Immunogene therapy with nonviral vectors / Ciriaco A. Piccirillo, Argyrios N. Theofilopoulos, and Gérald J. Prud'homme -- Targeting antigen-specific T cells for gene therapy of autoimmune disease / Justin M. Johnson and Vincent K. Tuohy -- Therapeutic gene transfer for rheumatoid arthritis / Natacha Bessis and Marie-Christophe Boissier -- Gene therapy-based approach for immune tolerance induction using recombinant immunoglobulin carriers / Moustapha El-Amine ... [et al.] -- DNA vaccination against autoimmune diseases / Gérald J. Prud'homme ... [et al.].
- Gene therapy of cancer translational approaches from preclinical studies to clinical implementation. Third edition [3rd ed.] 2013, ClinicalKeyEx Vivo Gene Therapy: Utilization of Genetic Vectors for the Generation of Genetically Modified Cell Products for Therapy -- Targeting Tumor Vasculature Using Adeno-Associated Virus Phage Vectors Coding Tumor Necrosis Factor-a -- Viral Insertion Site Detection and Analysis in Cancer Gene Therapy -- Targeted Systemic Delivery of Therapeutic siRNA -- Bacterial Delivery of RNAi Effectors -- Gene-Directed Enzyme Prodrug Cancer Therapy -- Electroporation Gene Therapy -- Toxin-Based Cancer Gene Therapy: Under the Control of Oncofetal H19 Regulatory Sequences -- Gene Therapy in Radiotherapy of Cancer -- Advances in Oncolytic Virotherapy for Brain Tumors -- Oncolytic Adenoviruses in the Treatment of Cancer in Humans -- Selectively Replicating Oncolytic Adenoviruses Combined with Chemotherapy, Radiotherapy, or Molecular Targeted Therapy for Treatment of Human Cancers -- Reoviral Therapy for Cancer: Strategies for Improving Antitumor Efficacy Using Radio- and Chemotherapy -- Selectively Replicating Herpes Simplex Viral Vectors -- Modified Oncolytic Herpesviruses for Gene Therapy of Cancer -- The Lister Strain of Vaccinia Virus as an Anticancer Therapeutic Agent -- Poxvirus-Based Strategies for Combined Vaccine and Tumor Microenvironment Manipulation -- Genetically Engineered (T Cell Receptor) T Cells for AdoptiveTherapy -- Genetically Modified Dendritic Cell Vaccines for Solid Tumors -- Dendritic Cell Vaccination -- Chemokine Gene-Modified Dendritic Cells for Cancer Therapy -- The Use of T Cell Costimulation to Enhance the Immunogenicity of Tumors -- Clinical Application of Plasmid-Based Cancer Vaccines -- Lentivector Vaccines -- Therapeutic Efficacy and Systemic Antitumor T Cell Immunity Induced by RheoSwitch-Regulated IL-12 Expression after Intratumoral Injection of Adenovirus Vector or Vector-Transduced Dendritic Cells -- Clinical Trials Using LV-P₁₄₀K-MGMT for Gliomas -- RNA Interference Therapeutics for Tumor Therapy: Promising Work in Progress -- MGMT Stem Cell Selection and Protection: Preclinical Large Animal and Clinical Studies -- Cytidine Deaminase in Myeloprotective Gene Therapy -- Genetically Engineered Salmonella typhimurium for Targeted Cancer Therapy -- Imaging of Oncolytic Virus Gene Expression -- Lentiviral-Encoded Sodium Iodide Symporter-Mediated Cancer Gene Therapy -- Bacteriophage: From Bacteria to a Successful Targeted Systemic Gene Delivery for Cancer -- Issues in Moving Gene Therapy Approaches to Early Clinical Trials -- The FDA Review Process for Cancer Gene Therapy -- Ethics in Translational Gene Transfer Research.
- Gene therapy for the inner ear : challenges and promises / Ryan, A.F., Dazert, S. -- Therapeutic regulation of gene expression in the inner ear using RNA interference / Maeda, Y., Smith, R.J.H. -- Gene therapy of the inner ear using adenovirus vectors / Husseman, J., Raphael, Y. -- Repair of the vestibular system via adenovector delivery of Atoh1 : a potential treatment for balance disorders / Baker, K., Brough, D.E., Staecker, H. -- Gene therapy and stem cell transplantation : strategies for hearing restoration / Kesser, B.W., Lalwani, A.K. -- Adenoviral and AAV-mediated gene transfer to the inner ear : role of serotype, promoter, and viral load on in vivo and in vitro infection efficiencies / Luebke, A.E. ... [et al.].
- Gene therapy of the central nervous system from bench to bedside 2006, ScienceDirect
- Gene therapy prospective technology assessment in its societal context. 1st ed. 2006, ScienceDirect
- Gene therapy protocols. 3rd ed. v. 1-, 2008-, Springer Protocolsv. 1. Production and in vivo applications of gene transfer vectors. Preparation and quantification of pseudotyped retroviral vector / Hong Yu and Young Jik Kwon. Production of retroviral vectors for clinical use / Kenneth Cornetta, Lilith Reeves, and Scott Cross. Methods for the production of helper-dependent adenoviral vectors / Donna J. Palmer and Philip Ng. Methods for the production of first generation adenoviral vectors / Donna J. Palmer and Philip Ng. Large-scale production of recombinant adeno-associated viral vectors / Alejandro Negrete and Robert M. Kotin. Construction and production of recombinant herpes simplex virus vectors / William F. Goins ... [et al.] Plasmid-based gene transfer in mouse skeletal muscle by electroporation / Jonathan D. Schertzer and Goron S. Lynch. Chitosan nanoparticle-mediated gene transfer / Dongwon Lee and Shyam S. Mohapatra. PEG-PEI copolymers for oligonucleotide delivery to cells and tissues / Gordon J. Lutz, Shashank R. Sirsi, and Jason H. Williams. Non-viral gene delivery with cationic liposome-DNA complexes / Kai K. Ewert ... [et al.] Applications of lentiviral vectors in noninvasive molecular imaging / Abhijit De ... [et al.] Retroviral modification of mesenchymal stem cells for gene therapy of hemophilia A / Christopher B. Doering. Transduction of murine hematopoietic stem cells and in vivo selection of gene-modified cells / Lucienne M. Ide, Elisabeth Javazon, and H. Trent Spencer. Assessment of CFTR function after gene transfer in vitro and in vivo / Uta Griesenbach ... [et al.] Oncolytic adenoviruses for cancer gene therapy / Ta-Chiang Liu, Stephen H. Thorne, and David H. Kirn. Design of trans-splicing adeno-associated viral vectors for Duchenne muscular dystrophy gene therapy / Yi Lai ... [et al.] Prevention of type 1 diabetes in NOD mice by genetic engineering of hematopoietic stem cells / Jessamyn Bagley, Charoui Tian, and John Iacomini. Lentiviral vector delivery of siRNA and shRNA encoding genes into cultured and primary hematopoietic cells / Mingjie Li and John J. Rossi. Nanoparticle-mediated gene delivery to the lung / Rajagopal Ramesh. Retroviral-mediated gene therapy for the differentiation of primary cells into a mineralizing osteoblastic phenotype / Jennifer E. Phillips and Andrés J. García. In vivo siRNA delivery to the mouse hypothalamus shows a role of the co-chaperone XAP2 in regulating TRH transcription / Stéphanie Decherf, Zahra Hassani, and Barbara A. Demeneix. Efficient retroviral gene transfer to epidermal stem cells / Pedro Lei and Stelios T. Andreadis.
- Gene transfer and expression in mammalian cells 2003, ScienceDirect
- Gene transfer to animal cells SU Catalog (SearchWorks)Print MaterialBasic principles of gene transfer -- Chemical and physical transfection -- Cell-mediated gene transfer -- Gene transfer using viral vectors -- Gentic manipulation of animals -- Gene targeting in animal cells -- Control of transgene expression -- Transgene behavior -- Additional strategies for gene inactivation -- Applications of gene transfer in animals.
- Gene transfer vectors for clinical application. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirectGeneral principles of retrovirus vector design / Tammy Chang and Jiing-Kuan Yee -- Strategies for retrovirus-based correction of severe, combined immunodeficiency (SCID) / Alain Fischer, Salima Hacein-Bey-Abina, and Marina Cavazzana-Calvo -- Retrovirus and lentivirus vector design and methods of cell conditioning / Samantha Cooray, Steven J. Howe, and Adrian J. Thrasher -- Analysis of the clonal repertoire of gene-corrected cells in gene therapy / Anna Paruzynski ... [et al.] -- Developing novel lentiviral vectors into clinical products / Anna Leath and Kenneth Cornetta -- Lentivirus vectors in [beta]-thalassemia / Emmanuel Payen ... [et al.] -- Gene therapy for chronic granulomatous disease / Elizabeth M. Kang and Harry L. Malech -- Alternative splicing caused by lentiviral integration in the human genome / Arianna Moiani and Fulvio Mavilio -- Genotoxicity assay for gene therapy vectors in tumor prone mice / Eugenio Montini and Daniela Cesana -- Lentiviral hematopoietic cell gene therapy for X-linked adrenoleukodystrophy / Nathalie Cartier ... [et al.] -- Retroviral replicating vectors in cancer / Christopher R. Logg ... [et al.] -- Adeno-associated virus vectorology, manufacturing, and clinical applications / Joshua C. Grieger and R. Jude Samulski -- Gene delivery to the retina : from mouse to man / Jean Bennett, Daniel C. Chung, and Albert Maguire -- Generation of hairpin-based RNAi vectors for biological and therapeutic application / Ryan L. Boudreau and Beverly L. Davidson -- Recombinant adeno-associated viral vector reference standards / Philippe Moullier and Richard O. Snyder -- NIH oversight of human gene transfer research involving retroviral, lentiviral, and adeno-associated virus vectors and the role of the NIH Recombinant DNA Advisory Committee / Marina O'Reilly ... [et al.] -- Regulatory structures for gene therapy medicinal products in the European Union / Bettina Klug ... [et al.].
- Gene vaccines 2012, Springer
- Gene-based therapies for cancer 2010, Springer
- GeNeDis 2014-- Computational biology and bioinformatics 2015, Springer
- GeNeDis 2014-- geriatrics 2015, SpringerThe 1st World Congress on Geriatrics and Neurodegenerative Disease Research (GeNeDis 2014), will focus on recent advances in geriatrics and neurodegeneration, ranging from basic science to clinical and pharmaceutical developments and will provide an international forum for the latest scientific discoveries, medical practices and care initiatives. Advances information technologies will be discussed along with their implications for various research, implementation and policy concerns. In addition, the conference will address European and global issues in the funding of long-term care and medico-social policies regarding elderly people. GeNeDis 2014 takes place in Corfu, Greece, 10-13 April 2014. This volume focuses on the sessions that address geriatrics.
- GeNeDis 2014-- Neurodegeneration 2015, SpringerThe 1st World Congress on Geriatrics and Neurodegenerative Disease Research (GeNeDis 2014) focused on recent advances in geriatrics and neurodegeneration, ranging from basic science to clinical and pharmaceutical developments providing an international forum for the latest scientific discoveries, medical practices and care initiatives. Advances information technologies were discussed along with their implications for various research, implementation and policy concerns.
- General and systematic pathology. 5th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialIntroduction to pathology / J.C.E. Underwood -- Characteristics, classification, and incidence of disease / J.C.E. Underwood -- Genetic, environmental, and infectious causes of disease / J.C.E. Underwood -- Diagnostic pathology in clinical practice / S.S. Cross -- Disorders of growth, differentiation, and morphogenesis / J.P. Bury -- Response to cellular injury / J.R. Goepel -- Disorders of metabolism and homeostasis / J.C.E. Underwood -- Ischaemia, infarction, and shock / S.S. Cross -- Immunology and immunopathology / M.R. Haeney -- Inflammation / T.J. Stephenson -- Carcinogenesis and neoplasia / J.C.E. Underwood -- Ageing and death / J.C.E. Underwood -- Cardiovascular system / P.J. Gallagher, A.C. van der Wal -- Respiratory tract / W.A.H. Wallace -- Alimentary system / M.F. Dixon -- Liver, biliary system, and exocrine pancreas / J.C.E. Underwood -- Endocrine system / T.J. Stephenson -- Breast / R.A. Walker -- Female genital tract / M. Wells -- Urinary and male genital tracts / J.R. Goepel -- Kidney diseases / J.R. Shortland -- Lymph nodes, thymus, and spleen / K.A. MacLennan -- Blood and bone marrow / D.J. Culligan, H.G. Watson -- Skin / D.N. Slater -- Osteoarticular and connective tissues / D.E. Hughes -- Central and peripheral nervous systems / J.W. Ironside.
- General and vascular ultrasound case review. 2nd ed. 2007, ClinicalKeyPart of the popular Case Review series, this outstanding Board review book presents over 200 unknown cases--complete with over 350 state-of-the-art images, questions, answers, commentary, references, and more--to enhance your imaging interpretation skills in general and vascular ultrasound. Discussions incorporate the most recent knowledge from the literature in this field, providing an excellent review for both residents and practitioners. Follows the format of the Boards, and offers case studies similar to those likely to be found on exams, for a realistic preparation for the test-taking experience. Presents cases in 3 overall categories--from least to most difficult--to build your skills in a cumulative way. Offers cross references to Ultrasound: The Requisites, 2nd Edition, so it's easy to find in-depth information on any subject.
- General concepts in integrated pest and disease management 2007, Springer
- General dermatology 2009, ClinicalKey"This title in the Requisites in Dermatology series is the perfect resource for quick reference and rapid review in general dermatology. It succinctly presents all of the most essential clinical and foundational knowledge you need for certification, recertification, or practice. An extremely user-friendly full-color format, replete with full-color clinical photographs and other pertinent illustrations, makes it easy to locate and read up on any topic. Plus, full-text online access lets you consult the book from any computer, download all of the images, watch online lectures, and more."--Jacket.
- General gynecology the requisites in obstetrics and gynecology Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- General introduction to traditional Chinese medicine 2010, CRCnetBASEEstablished by the Western Han dynasty more than 2,000 years ago, Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) is currently finding increased acceptance. Explores the thinking behind TCM, its philosophy-based theory, and its cutting-edge uses in today's clinical practice. Complete with chapter outlines and ancillary material, this carefully designed guide brings a time-tested practice back to the future.
- General ophthalmology AccessMedicine, latest ed. only.
- General overviews, head and neck cancer, and thyroid cancer 2010, Springer
- General principles of orthopedics and trauma 2013, Springer
- General principles of tumor immunotherapy basic and clinical applications of tumor immunology 2007, SpringerGeneral principles of tumor immunology -- A perspective on cancer immunology and immunotherapy -- Tumor antigens -- T cells and antigen recognition -- The role of natural killer T cells in tumor immunity -- Immunomodulatory molecules of the immune system -- HLA class I antigen abnormalities in tumors -- The local tumor microenvironment -- Tumor vaccines -- Peptide and protein vaccines for cancer -- DNA vaccines against cancer -- Recombinant viral and bacterial vaccines -- Dendritic cell vaccines -- Whole cell vaccines -- Carbohydrate vaccines against cancer -- Passive immunotherapy approaches -- Monoclonal antibody therapy of cancer -- Adoptive cellular therapy for the treatment of cancer -- Checkpoint blockade and combinatorial immunotherapies -- Clinical tumor immunotherapy -- General approaches to measuring immune responses -- Interferon therapy -- High dose interleuken-2 therapy -- Monoclonal antibodies in cancer therapy -- Unmasking tumor cell immunogenicity by chemotherapy: implications for therapy.
- General surgery risk reduction 2014, SpringerWritten by internationally acclaimed specialists, General Surgery Risk Reduction expands on complications associated with surgery and how to reduce them, the availability of relevant information and the rapid advancements of surgical technology. Chapters provide pertinent and concise procedure descriptions creating a book that is both comprehensive and accessible. Stages of operative approaches with relevant technical considerations are outlined in an easily understandable manner. Complications are reviewed when appropriate for the organ system and problem. The text is illustrated throughout by line drawings and photographs that depict anatomic or technical principles. Forming part of the series, Surgery: Complications, Risks and Consequences, this volume General Surgery Risk Reduction provides a valuable resource for all general surgeons and residents in training. Other healthcare providers will also find this a useful resource.
- General thoracic surgery. 6th ed. 2005, Ovid
- General thoracic surgery. 7th ed. 2009, OvidAnatomy of the chest thorax -- Embryology of the lungs -- Ultrastructure and morphometry of the human lung -- Cellular and molecular biology of the lung -- Surgical anatomy of the lungs -- Lymphatics of the lungs -- Pulmonary gas exchange -- Mechanics of breathing -- Radiographic evaluation of the lungs and chest -- Computed tomography of the lungs, pleura, and chest wall -- Magnetic resonance imaging of the thorax -- Positron emission tomography in chest diseases -- Radionuclide studies of the lung -- Ultrasound techniques in mediastinal, lung, and esophageal disease -- Laboratory investigations in the diagnosis of pulmonary diseases -- Diagnostic studies in lung cancer -- Bronchoscopic evaluation of the lungs and tracheobronchial tree -- Invasive diagnostic procedures -- Video-assisted thoracic surgery as a diagnostic tool -- Pulmonary physiologic assessment of operative risk -- Preoperative cardiac evaluation of the thoracic surgical patient -- Conduct of anesthesia -- The shared airway: management of the paitent with airway pathology -- Anesthesia for pediatric general thoracic surgery -- Thoracic incisions -- General features of pulmonary resections -- Thoracic surgery in the elderly -- Technical aspects of lobectomy -- Sleeve lobectomy -- Pneumonectomy and its modifications -- Tracheal sleeve pneumonectomy -- Segmentectomy and lesser pulmonary resections -- Instruments and techniques of video-assisted thoracic surgery -- Robotic-assisted surgery in thoracic diseases -- Video-assisted thoracic surgery for wedge resection, lobectomy, and pneumonectomy -- Median sternotomy and parasternal approaches to the lower trachea and mainstem bronchi -- Concomitant cardiac and pulmonary operations -- Anterior approach to superior sulcus lesions -- Complications of pulmonary resection -- Management of perioperative cardiac events -- General principles of postoperative care -- Mechanical ventilation of the surgical patient -- Chest wall deformities -- Lung hernias of the chest wall -- Infections of the chest wall -- Thoracic outlet syndrome (with transaxillary, supraclavicular, posterior, and VATS approaches) -- Thoracoscopic sympathectomy -- Anterior transthoracic approaches to the spine -- Chest wall tumors -- Chest wall reconstruction -- Embryology and anatomy of the diaphragm -- Pacing of the diaphragm -- Congenital posterolateral diaphragmatic hernias and other less common hernias of the diaphragm in infants and children -- Foramen of morgagni hernia -- Tumors of the diaphragm -- Anatomy of the pleura -- Resorption of gases from the pleural space -- Pneumothorax -- Physiology of pleural fluid production -- Benign pleural effusion -- Parapneumonic empyema -- Postsurgical empyema -- Tuberculous and fungal infections of the pleura -- Fibrothorax and decortication of the lung -- Thoracoplasty: indications and surgical considerations -- Anatomy of the thoracic duct and chylothorax -- Localized fibrous tumors of the pleura -- Diffuse malignant mesothelioma -- Technique of extrapleural pneumonectomy for diffuse malignant pleural mesothelioma -- Uncommon tumors of the pleura -- Malignant pleural effusions -- Malignant pericardial effusions -- Blunt and penetrating injuries of the chest wall, pleura, and lungs -- Barotrauma and inhalation injuries -- Acute respiratory distress syndrome -- Management of foreign bodies of the airway -- Diaphragmatic injuries -- Tracheostomy -- Surgical anatomy of the trachea and techniques of resection and reconstruction -- Management of nonneoplastic diseases of the trachea -- Benign and malignant tumors of the trachea -- Compression of the trachea by vascular rings -- Congenital lesions of the lung -- Pulmonary complications of cystic fibrosis -- Congenital vascular lesions of the lungs -- Chronic pulmonary emboli -- Bullous and bleb diseases of the lung -- Lung volume reduction -- Bacterial infections of the lungs and bronchial compressive disorders -- Pulmonary tuberculosis and other mycobacterial diseases of the lung -- Surgery for the management of mycobacterium tuberculosis and nontuberculous mycobacterial (environmental) infections of the lung -- Mycotic and actinomycetic infections of the lung -- Pleuropulmonary amebiasis -- Hydatied disease of the lung -- Pulmonary paragonimiasis and its surgical complications -- Solitary pulmonary nodule -- Diffuse lung disease -- Lung transplantation -- Evidence-based thoracic surgery -- Clinical trial design -- Lung cancer: epidemiology and carcinogenesis -- Screening for lung cancer: challenges for thoracic surgery -- Investigation and management of the nodules less than one centimeter in size -- Pathology of carcinoma of the lung -- The sentinel lymph node in non-small-cell carcinoma of the lung -- Present concepts in the molecular biology of lung cancer -- Clinical presentation of lung cancer -- Radiologic evaluation of lung cancer -- Diagnosis and staging of lung cancer -- Surgical treatment of non-small-cell lung cancer -- Lymph node dissection for lung cancer -- Unknown primary malignancy metastatic to thoracic lymph nodes -- Endoluminal management of malignant airway disease -- Basic principles of radiation therapy in locally advanced carcinoma of the lung -- Radiation therapy for carcinoma of the lung -- Adjuvant chemotherapy for non-small-cell lung cancer -- Neoadjuvant therapy for non-small-cell lung cancer -- Novel systemic therapy for advanced non-small-cell lung cancer -- Emerging technologies and techniques for the management of non-small-cell lung cancer -- Small-cell lung cancer -- Novel strategies for lung cancer immunotherapy -- Carcinoid tumors -- Adenoid cystic carcinoma and other primary salivary gland-type tumors of the lung -- Benign tumors of the lung -- Uncommon primary malignant tumors of the lung -- Secondary tumors of the lung -- Lung tumors in the immunocompromised host -- Embryology of the esophagus -- Anatomy of the esophagus -- Lymphatic drainage of the esophagus -- Physiology and physiologic studies of the esophagus -- Esophageal pH studies in esophageal disease -- Radiologic evaluation of the esophagus -- Endoscopy of the esophagus -- Modified heller myotomy -- Transthoracic resection of the esophagus -- Extended resection for esophageal carcinoma -- Transhiatal esophagectomy without thoracotomy -- Vagal-sparing esophagectomy -- Video-assisted esophageal resection -- Replacement of the esophagus with colon -- Replacement of the esophagus with jejunum -- Free intestinal transfer techniques in reconstruction of the esophagus -- Esophageal stents -- Foreign bodies in the esophagus -- Esophageal trauma -- Congenital anomalies of the esophagus -- Inflammatory diseases of the esophagus -- Esophageal motility disorders -- Chagas' disease of the esophagus -- Surgical therapy for gastroesophageal reflux disease -- Barrett's esophagus -- Esophageal endoscopic procedures in thoracic surgery -- Cardial incompetence and associated gastroesophageal reflux -- Paraesophageal hiatal hernia -- Esophageal diverticula -- Benign tumors, cysts, and duplications of the esophagus -- Carcinoma of the esophagus -- Appendix: 2009 AJCC/UICC staging of esophageal cancer -- Multimodality therapy for esophageal cancer -- Surgical palliation of inoperable carcinoma of the esophagus -- Less common malignant tumors of the esophagus -- The mediastinum, its compartments, and the mediastinal lymph nodes -- The thymus -- Mediastinal parathyroids -- Neurogenic structures of the mediastinum -- Radiographic, computed tomographic, and magnetic resonance investigation of the mediastinum -- Radionuclide studies of the mediastinum -- Mediastinal tumor markers -- Transcervical mediastinal lymph node sampling and lymphadenectomy -- Sternotomy and thoracotomy for mediastinal disease -- Video-assisted thoracic surgery for diseases within the mediastinum -- Primary pneumomediastinum -- Acute and chronic mediastinal infections -- Primary mediastinal tumors and cysts and diagnostic investigation of mediastinal masses -- Lesions masquerading as primary mediastinal tumors or cysts -- Vascular masses of the mediastinum -- Superior vena cava syndrome: clinical features, diagnosis, and treatment -- Vein grafts for the superior vena cava -- The use of prosthetic grafts to replace the superior vena cava -- Myasthenia gravis -- Pathophysiology of myasthenia gravis -- Standard thymectomy -- Transcervical thymectomy -- Video-assisted thymectomy -- Extended transsternal thymectomy -- Transcervical-transsternal maximal thymectomy for myasthenia gravis -- Evaluation of results of thymectomy for nonthymomatous myasthenia gravis -- Thymic tumors -- Benign lymph node disease involving the mediastinum -- Biological markers and pathology of mediastinal lymphomas -- Diagnosis and treatment of mediastinal lymphomas -- Benign germ cell tumors of the mediastinum -- Primary seminomas of the mediastinum -- Nonseminomatous malignant germ cell tumors of the mediastinum -- Poorly differentiated carcinoma of the mediastinum -- Benign and malignant neurogenic tumors of the mediastinum in children and adults -- Excision of hourglass tumors of the paravertebral sulcus -- Mediastinal paragangliomas and pheochromocytomas -- Mesenchymal tumors of the mediastinum -- Mediastinal parathyroid tumors -- Foregut cysts of the mediastinum in infants and children -- Foregut cysts of the mediastinum -- Gastroenteric cysts and neuroenteric cysts in infants and children -- Mesothelial and other less common cysts of the mediastinum.
- General trauma care and related aspects Trauma surgery II / 2014, SpringerAll European countries, including those that have recently joined the European Union or are candidates for membership, currently show a clear trend towards an increasing number of accidental injuries. This holds true for a range of injuries, including accidents among the elderly, sports injuries, and trauma due to traffic accidents. The increase in the number of injuries is accompanied by rising expectations among patients, who anticipate good functional results even after serious injuries. Despite these developments, trauma surgery is not yet established as an independent field in all European countries. Against this background, there is a clear need for a book that covers the state of the art in trauma surgery. This volume, which focuses on basics in trauma surgery is intended to help to meet this need. It will also serve to harmonize the practice of trauma surgery within the European Union and to prepare for the UEMS EBSQ trauma surgery.
- General ultrasound in the critically ill 2005, Springer
- Generalized additive models an introduction with R SU Catalog (SearchWorks)Print Material
- Foreword by John H. Riskind -- Preface.-1. Nature of Generalized Anxiety Disorder.-2. Assessment and Diagnosis -- DSM-IV-TR: Diagnostic Criteria for Generalized Anxiety Disorder.-3. Conceptual Models -- Beck's Model -- Barlow's Emotion Theory -- Cognitive Avoidance Theory of Worry -- Riskind's Model of Looming Vulnerability -- The Role of Intolerance of Uncertainty -- Metacognitive Model.-4. Psychosocial Treatments for Adults with Generalized Anxiety Disorder -- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT). Metacognitive Therapy -- Supportive-Expressive Psychodynamic Therapy -- Integrative Psychotherapy -- Emotion Regulation Therapy -- Acceptance-Based Behavior Therapy.-5. Pharmacotherapy for Generalized Anxiety Disorder -- Genetics -- Neurobiology -- Medications used for Generalized Anxiety Disorder.-6. Special Populations -- Children and Adolescents -- Clinical Presentation -- Assessment and Diagnosis -- Psychosocial Treatments -- Pharmacological Treatments -- Older Adults -- Clinical Presentation -- Assessment and Diagnosis -- Psychosocial Treatments -- Pharmacological Treatments.-7. Enigmas and Paradoxes -- Prevention -- Cultural Considerations -- Treatment Resistant Generalized Anxiety Disorder.-8. Future Directions and Recommendations.-Final Remarks.Appendix A: Assessment Tools for Adults and Older Adults -- Appendix B: Assessment Tools for Children and Adolescents.
- Generation of cDNA libraries methods and protocols 2003, Springer Protocols
- GeneReviews NCBI Bookshelf
- Generic drug product development solid oral dosage forms. Second edition. [2nd ed.] 2014, CRCnetBASE"This book collects in-depth discussions from more than 30 noted specialists on topics such as quality control, experimental formulations, pharmaceutical ingredients, conventional and modified-release products, and bioequivalence. It considers key elements in the formulation of generic drug products including the availability of raw materials and chemical purity. It contains new chapters on experimental formulation development, and the relationship between the FDA and the United States Pharmacopeia"--Provided by publisher.
- Genes and cardiovascular function 2011, Springerpt. 1. Genes and the heart -- pt. 2. Development and gender -- pt. 3. Mitochondrial diseases -- pt. 4. Ischemic heart disease -- pt. 5. Hypertension and arrhythmias -- pt. 6. Hypertrophy and failure.
- Genes and mental illness -- How does stress work? the role of memes in epigenesis -- Culture and mental illness -- Genetic-memetic model of mental illness-migration and natural disasters as illustrations -- What do we inherit from our parents and ancestors? -- Genes -- Evolution -- Learning, imitation, and memes -- Storage and evolution of memes in the brain -- External storage of memes: culture, media, cyberspace -- Culture and the individual -- What is mental health -- What is mental illness? -- Psychiatric diagnosis: toward a memetic-epigenetic multiaxial model -- Memetic diagnosis, memetic assessment and biopsychosocial epigenetic formulation -- Principles of memetic therapy -- Broad-spectrum memetic therapy -- Specific memetic therapies -- Genetic-memetic prevention -- Overview of specific syndromes -- Attention-cognition spectrum syndromes: delirium, dementia, impulse control syndromes, ADHD, antisocial personality, obsessive-compulsive personality traits, obsessive-compulsive syndrome -- Anxiety-mood spectrum syndromes: anxiety, panic, phobias, ASD, PTSD, borderline syndrome, dependent and avoidant personalities, social phobia, bipolarity and mania, depression-neurotic and syndromic, adjustment disorders -- Reality perception spectrum syndromes (imagination, dissociation, conversion, somatoform, misattribution somatization, psychosis) -- Pleasure spectrum syndromes (substance use/abuse, additions to substances and beliefs, fanaticism) -- Primary memetic syndromes: eating disorders, factitious disorders, malingering, meme-directed destructive behaviors -- Challenges for the future.
- Genes. IX. 9th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Genetic analysis of complex diseases. 2nd ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
View by page
- G protein coupled receptors Trafficking and oligomerization. 1st ed. — Genetic analysis of complex diseases. 2nd ed. (128)
- Genetic and molecular epidemiology of multiple myeloma — Ghost map the story of London's most terrifying epidemic--and how it changed science, cities, and the modern world (128)
- Ghrelin in health and disease — Grainger & Allison's Diagnostic radiology essentials (128)
- Grand challenge for the future vaccines for poverty-related diseases from bench to field — Gynecological imaging a reference guide to diagnosis (126)
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Access restricted to Stanford community
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
Can't find it?
Look if we have it in print
- Springer Protocols
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Large number of high quality software and database programming titles from O'Reilly. Other software titles are also available from Sams and Prentice Hall. Limited to 7 concurrent users.Vast collection of software and database programming titles from multiple publishers, including Microsoft Press.Largest provider of engineering-related eBooks; includes titles in computer science and biomedical engineering.Over 4,000 full-text e-books covering scientific and technical information from CRC Press and others. Many handbooks and single volume reference sources.A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more. Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.Includes peer-reviewed life science and biomedical research protocols compiled from Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods in Molecular Medicine, Methods in Biotechnology, Methods in Pharmacology and Toxicology, Neuromethods, the Biomethods Handbook, the Proteomics Handbook, and Springer Laboratory Manuals.Contains full text access to selected biomedical and nursing books.Provides one-click access to important clinical resources; includes evidence-based diagnosis and treatment guidelines, Books, EBM articles, Ovid MEDLINE, Drug facts and comparisons, Drug interaction facts, guidelines from National Guideline Clearinghouse, patient handouts (English and Spanish), and local content.ClinicalKey provides access to textbooks, electronic journals, practice guidelines, drug information, and patient education handouts.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.Provides online, full-text access to Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers. Subjects include: life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics and astronomy, engineering and economics. Also includes eBooks.Collection of over 8 thousand fulltext titles in engineering, math, and basic and applied biomedical research. Coverage is from 1967 to the present.A library of ebooks on a wide array of topics, digitized and made available online in conjunction with the original publishers.