- G protein coupled receptors Trafficki...
- — Genetic analysis of complex diseases....
- Genetic basis for respiratory control...
- — Getting started with signal processin...
- Getting started with Simulink respons...
- — Grand challenge for the future .........
- Grant application writer's handbook. ...
- — Gynecology and obstetrics. 2004 ed. ....
- G protein coupled receptors Trafficking and oligomerization. 1st ed. 2013, ScienceDirectSection 1. GPCR trafficking. Therapeutic rescue of misfolded/mistrafficked mutants : automation-friendly high-throughput assays for identification of pharmacoperone drugs of GPCRs / David C. Smithson, Jo Ann Janovick, and P. Michael Conn ; Trafficking of the follitropin receptor / Alfredo Ulloa-Aguirre, James A. Dias, George Bousfield, Ilpo Huhtaniemi, and Eric Reiter ; Single-molecule imaging technique to study the dynamic regulation of GPCR function at the plasma membrane / B.E. Snaar-Jagalska, A. Cambi, T. Schmidt, and S. de Keijzer ; GPCR oligomerization and receptor trafficking / Richard J. Ward, Tian-Rui Xu, and Graeme Milligan ; [Beta]-arrestins and G protein-coupled receptor trafficking / Dong Soo Kang, Xufan Tian, and Jeffrey L. Benovic ; Tracking cell surface mobility of GPCRs using [alpha]-bungarotoxin-linked fluorophores / Saad Hannan, Megan E. Wilkins, Philip Thomas, and Trevor G. Smart ; Regulatory mechanism of G protein-coupled receptor trafficking to the plasma membrane : a role for mRNA localization / Kusumam Joseph, Eleanor K. Spicer, and Baby G. Tholanikunnel ; Dissecting trafficking and signaling of atypical chemokine receptors / Elena Borroni, Cinzia Cancellieri, Massimo Locati, and Raffaella Bonecchi -- Section 2. Trafficking motifs. Systematic and quantitative analysis of G protein-coupled receptor trafficking motifs / Carl M. Hurt, Vincent K. Ho, and Timothy Angelotti ; Identification of endoplasmic reticulum export motifs for G protein-coupled receptors / Guangyu Wu ; Amino acid residues of G-protein-coupled receptors critical for endoplasmic reticulum export and trafficking / Motonao Nakamura, Daisuke Yasuda, Nobuaki Hirota, Teruyasu Yamamoto, Satoshi Yamaguchi, Takao Shimizu, and Teruyuki Nagamune -- Section 3. GPCR oligomerization. G-protein-coupled heteromers : regulation in disease / Ivone Gomes, Achla Gupta, and Lakshmi A. Devi ; Hetero-oligomerization and specificity changes of G protein-coupled purinergic receptors : novel insight into diversification of signal transduction / Tokiko Suzuki, Kazunori Namba, Natsumi Mizuno, and Hiroyasu Nakata ; Bimolecular fluorescence complementation analysis of G protein-coupled receptor dimerization in living cells / Karin F.K. Ejendal, Jason M. Conley, Chang-Deng Hu, and Val J. Watts ; G protein-coupled receptor heterodimerization in the brain / Dasiel O. Borroto-Escuela, Wilber Romero-Fernandez, Pere Garriga, Francisco Ciruela, Manuel Narvaez, Alexander O. Tarakanov, Miklós Palkovits, Luigi F. Agnati, and Kjell Fuxe ; Experimental strategies for studying G protein-coupled receptor homo- and heteromerization with radioligand binding and signal transduction methods / Roberto Maggio, Cristina Rocchi, and Marco Scarselli ; Analysis of GPCR dimerization using acceptor photobleaching resonance energy transfer techniques / Marta Busnelli, Mario Mauri, Marco Parenti, and Bice Chini ; Techniques for the discovery of GPCR-associated protein complexes / Avais Daulat, Pascal Maurice, and Ralf Jockers ; Expression, purification, and analysis of G-protein-coupled receptor kinases / Rachel Sterne-Marr, Alison I. Baillargeon, Kevin R. Michalski, and John J.G. Tesmer ; Modern methods to investigate the oligomerization of glycoprotein hormone receptors (TSHR, LHR, FSHR) / Marco Bonomi and Luca Persani.
- G protein coupled receptors. Modeling, activation, interactions and virtual screening 2013, ScienceDirectThe protein local optimization program and g-protein-coupled receptors:loop restoration and applications to homology modeling -- Modeling active GPCR conformations -- Molecular modeling of adenosine receptors -- Predicting g-protein-coupled receptors families using differet physiochemical properties and pseudo amino acid composition -- Computational design and experimental characterization of GPCR segment models -- G-protein-coupled receptor interaction with small GTPases -- Quantification of receptor tyrosine kinase activiation and transactivation by G-protein-coupled receptors using spatial intensity distribution analysis (SplDA) -- NMR modeling for detection of small molecule binding to RGS4 -- Group II activators of g-protein signaling: monitoring the interaction of G[alpha] with G-protein motif in the intact cell -- Homogenous time-resolved fluorescence assay to probe folded G protein-coupled receptors -- cAMP biosensors applied in molecular pharmacological studies of G protein-coupled receptors -- Rhodospin-lipid intereactions studied by NMR -- Biasing the parathyroid hormone receptor: relating in vitro ligand efficacy to in vivo biological activity -- Application of Monte Carlo-based receptor ensemble docking to virtual screening for GPCR ligands -- From heptahelical bundle to hits from the haystack: structure-based virtual screening for GPCR ligands -- Kinetics and dynamics in the G protein-coupled receptor signaling cascade -- Magic angle spinning nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy fo G protein-coupled receptors -- Posttranslation modification of G protein-coupled receptor in relationship to biased agonism -- Protein S-nitrosylation measurement.
- G protein coupled receptors. Structure 2013, ScienceDirectThis new volume of Methods in Enzymology continues the legacy of this premier serial by containing quality chapters authored by leaders in the field. This volume covers G protein coupled receptors and includes chapters on such topics as post-translation modification of GPCR in relationship to biased agonism, structure-based virtual screening, and GPCR oligomerization in the brain. This new volume of Methods in Enzymology continues the legacy of this premier serial by containing quality chapters authored by leaders in the field. This volume covers G protein coupled receptors and includes chapters on such topics as post-translation modification of GPCR in relationship to biased agonism, structure-based virtual screening, and GPCR oligomerization in the brain.
- G protein pathways. Part A, Receptors 2002, ScienceDirect
- G protein pathways. Part B, G Proteins and their regulators 2002, ScienceDirect
- G protein pathways. Part C, Effector mechanisms 2002, ScienceDirect
- G protein signaling Springer Protocols
- G protein-coupled receptors 2006, CRCnetBASE
- G protein-coupled receptors in drug discovery 2006, CRCnetBASE
- G Protein-coupled receptors-- modeling and simulation 2014, SpringerG protein-coupled receptors (GPCRs) are heptahelical transmembrane receptors that convert extra-cellular stimuli into intra-cellular signaling, and ultimately into biological responses. Since GPCRs are natural targets for approximately 40% of all modern medicines, it is not surprising that they have been the subject of intense research. Notwithstanding the amount of data generated over the years, discovering ligands of these receptors with optimal therapeutic properties is not straightforward and has certainly been hampered for years by the lack of high-resolution structural information about these receptors.--Back cover.
- GABA and sleep 2010, SpringerPart 1. Basic Physiology and Pharmacology -- Physiology and Pharmacology of the GABA System: Focus on GABA Receptors / Hanns Möhler -- Development of Subtype-Selective GABAA Receptor Compounds for the Treatment of Anxiety, Sleep Disorders and Epilepsy / John R. Atack -- Distribution of GABAA Receptor Subunits in the Human Brain / H. J Waldvogel, K Baer and R. L. M. Faull -- Pharmacokinetic Determinants of the Clinical Effects of Benzodiazepine Agonist Hypnotics / David J. Greenblatt -- Part 2. Sleep Science and Circuitry -- Sleep and Its Modulation by Substances That Affect GABAA Receptor Function / Axel Steiger -- Subcortical Neuromodulation of Feedforward and Feedback Inhibitory Microcircuits by the Reticular Activating System / J. Josh Lawrence -- Function of GABAB and ρ-Containing GABAA Receptors (GABAC Receptors) in the Regulation of Basic and Higher Integrated Sleep-Waking Processes / Claude Gottesmann -- Interactions Between GABAergic and Serotonergic Processes in the Dorsal Raphe Nucleus in the Control of REM Sleep and Wakefulness / Jaime M. Monti -- GABA-ergic Modulation of Pontine Cholinergic and Noradrenergic Neurons for REM Sleep Generation / Dinesh Pal and Birendra Nath Mallick -- Involvement of GABAergic Mechanisms in the Laterodorsal and Pedunculopontine Tegmental Nuclei (LDT-PPT) in the Promotion of REM Sleep / Pablo Torterolo and Giancarlo Vanini --GABAergic Mechanisms in the Ventral Oral Pontine Tegmentum: The REM Sleep-Induction Site - in the Modulation of Sleep-Wake States / Fernando Reinoso-Suárez, Carmen de la Roza, Margarita L Rodrigo-Angulo, Isabel de Andrés and Ángel Núñez, et al. -- The Role of GABAergic Modulation of Mesopontine Cholinergic Neurotransmission in Rapid Eye Movement (REM) Sleep / Gerald A Marks and Christopher M Sinton -- Melatonin and Sleep: Possible Involvement of GABAergic Mechanisms / Daniel P. Cardinali, S. R. Pandi-Perumal, Lennard P. Niles and Gregory M. Brown -- GABA Involvement in the Circadian Regulation of Sleep / J. Christopher Ehlen, Daniel L. Hummer, Ketema N. Paul and H. Elliott Albers -- Part 3. Neurotherapeutics -- Pathophysiology of Sleep Disorders / Thomas C. Wetter, Pierre A. Beitinger, Marie E. Beitinger and Bastian Wollweber -- Insomnia: Differential Diagnosis and Current Treatment Approach / J. F Pagel and Gerald Kram -- Zolpidem in the Treatment of Adult and Elderly Primary Insomnia Patients / Luc Staner, Françoise Cornette, Sarah Otmani, Jean -François Nedelec and Philippe Danjou -- Efficacy and Safety of Zopiclone and Eszopiclone in the Treatment of Primary and Comorbid Insomnia / Jadwiga S. Najib -- Indiplon / David N. Neubauer -- Polysomnographic and Clinical Assessment of Zaleplon for the Treatment of Primary Insomnia / Joseph Barbera and Colin Shapiro.
- GABA and the basal ganglia. 1st ed. 2007, ScienceDirectBasal ganglia macrocircuits / J. M. Tepper, E. D. Abercrombie and J. P. Bolam -- GABA: homeostatic and pharmacological aspects / A. Schousboe and H. S. Waagepetersen -- GABA [subscript A] receptors: structure and function in the basal ganglia / T. Goetz ... [et al.] -- GABA [subscript B] receptors: structure and function / P. C. Emson -- The cellular, molecular and ionic basis of GABA [subscript A] receptor signalling / M. Farrant and K. Kaila -- GABAergic inhibition in the neostriatum / C. J. Wilson -- Globus pallidus external segment / H. Kita -- Globus pallidus internal segment / A. Nambu -- The pars reticulata of the substantia nigra: a window to basal ganglia output / J. M. Deniau ... [et al.] -- GABAergic control of the subthalamic nucleus / M. D. Bevan, N. E. Hallworth and J. Baufreton -- GABAergic control of substantia nigra dopaminergic neurons / J. M. Tepper and C. R. Lee -- GABAergic output of the basal ganglia / O. Hikosaka -- Localization of GABA receptors in the basal ganglia / J. Boyes and J. P. Bolam -- Presynaptic modulation of GABA release in the basal ganglia / U. Misgeld, G. Drew and Y. Yanovsky -- Development of striatal fast-spiking GABAergic interneurons / M.-F. Chesselet ... [et al.] -- Co-localization of GABA with other neuroactive substances in the basal ganglia / J. F. McGinty -- GABAergic circuits in the basal ganglia and movement disorders / A. Galvan and T. Wichmann -- Simulation of GABA function in the basal ganglia: computational models of GABAergic mechanisms in basal ganglia function / J. R. Wickens, G. W. Arbuthnott and T. Shindou.
- GABA receptors. 3rd ed. 2007, Springer
- Gabbard's Treatments of psychiatric disorders. 4th ed. 2007, PsychiatryOnlineMood disorders and suicidal behavior -- Anxiety disorders in children and adolescents -- Obsessvie-compulsive disorder in children -- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder -- Conduct disorder -- Autistic disorders -- Psychiatric disorders in persons with intellectual disability -- Learning disorders -- Tic disorders -- Delirium due to a general medical condition, delirium due to multiple etiologies, and delirium not otherwise specified -- Dementia due to other general medical conditions and dementia due to multiple etiologies -- Amnestic disorder due to a general medical condition and amnestic disorder not otherwise specified -- Alcohol and other depressant drugs -- Pharmacological treatments for opioid addiction -- The hallucinogens, marijuana, and club drugs -- Stimulants and related drugs -- Individual therapy for substance abuse disorders -- Cognitive, behavioral, and motivational therapies for substance abuse disorders -- Group and family treatments for substance abuse -- Clinical psychopharmacology and cognitive remediation -- Individual and family psychotherapies -- Psychiatric rehabilitation -- Antidepressant and antimanic medications -- Depression-focused psychotherapies -- Psychodynamic psychotherapy of depression -- Combined medication and psychotherapy -- Convulsive and other somatic therapies -- Light therapy -- Panic disorder -- Social anxiety disorder and specific phobias -- Obsessive-compulsive disorder -- Posttraumatic stress disorder and acute stress disorder -- Generalized anxiety disorder -- Dissociative disorders and depersonalization -- Adjustment disorder -- Somatization disorder and undifferentiated somatoform disorder -- Conversion disorder -- Pain disorders -- Body dysmorphic disorder -- Hypochondriasis -- Factitious disorder and malingering -- Sexual dysfunctions -- Pedophilia -- Paraphilias and paraphilia-like disorders -- Gender identity disorder in children, adolescents, and adults -- Intensive treatments -- Psychopharmacological treatment -- Evidence-based and innovative psychological treatments -- Family therapy and marital therapy -- Cluster A personality disorders: paranoid, schizoid, and schizotypal -- Antisocial personality disorder -- Narcissistic personality disorder -- Borderline personality disorder -- Histrionic personality disorder -- Cluster C personality disorder: avioidant, obessive-compulsive, and dependent -- Sleep disorders -- Impulse-control disorders.
- Gadd45 stress sensor genes 2013, SpringerEmerging evidence indicates that the Gadd45 family of genes play a unique and critical role as sensors of stress, including genotoxic, physiological and oncogenic stress. The stress response Gadd45 family of genes (Gadd45a, Gadd45b & Gadd45g), discovered by Dr. Liebermann and other researchers, encode for small (18 kd) nuclear/cytoplasmic proteins).These genes are rapidly induced by a wide variety of endogenous and exogenous stress stimuli. In spite of marked similarities, Gadd45 genes are regulated differently & exhibit functional diversity. Gadd45 are implicated in cell cycle arrest, DNA demethylation & repair, apoptosis, cell survival, genomic stability, inflammation, & in response to physiological and oncogenic stress. Functions of Gadd45 genes are mediated by protein-protein interactions that modulate structure/function of other cellular proteins implicated in cell cycle regulation and the response of cells to stress; these interactions vary depending upon the biological setting including cell type, developmental stage and stress/stimulus. Protein partners include cdc2/cyclinB1, p21, the p38/JNK stress induced kinase pathways, and PCNA/histones. The purpose of this book is to provide a comprehensive picture of the unique global role Gadd45 genes play as stress sensors & the molecular pathways involved.
- Gait cycle -- Phases of gait -- Basic functions -- Ankle-foot complex -- Knee -- Hip -- Head, trunk, and pelvis -- Arm -- Total limb function and bilateral synergistic relationships -- Pathological mechanisms -- Ankle and foot gait deviations -- Knee gait deviations -- Hip gait deviations -- Trunk and pelvis gait deviations -- Examples of pathologic gait -- Pediatric gait analysis / Henry G. Chambers -- Stair negotiation -- Running / Marilyn M. Pink -- Gait analysis systems -- Motion analysis -- Muscle control and dynamic electromyography -- Kinetics of gait : ground reaction forces, vectors, moments, power, and pressure -- Stride analysis -- Energy expenditure / Robert Waters.
- Gaither's Dictionary of scientific quotations 2008, Springerv. 1. Abortion-medical science -- v. 2. Medicine and art--zoology.
- Galanin 2010, Springer
- Galen, De diebus decretoriis, from Greek into Arabic SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.
- Gamma knife neurosurgery 2011, Springer
- The articles in this volume cover the various options of the optimal management of brain tumors, vascular lesions, and functional disorders. They provide a good balance between microneurosurgery and radiosurgery, presenting also alternative surgical and radiosurgical treatment options with discussions on their advantages and disadvantages. The presentation of multiple treatment methods will help to provide better service to patients. Some papers, specifically highlighting alternative treatment options, are accompanied by editorials prepared by recognized experts in the field. Additional emphasis is put on importance of the advanced neuroimaging techniques for radiosurgical treatment planning and subsequent follow-up.
- A brief history of arteriovenous malformation radiosurgery / A. Niranjan, L.D. Lunsford -- Natural history of cerebral arteriovenous malformations and the risk of hemorrhage after radiosurgery / C.-P. Yen, D. Schlesinger, J.P. Sheehan -- The technical evolution of gamma knife radiosurgery for arteriovenous malformations / L.D. Lunsford ... [et al.] -- Targeting and conformality in arteriovenous malformation radiosurgery / I. Paddick, E. Motti -- Dose selection in stereotactic radiosurgery / J.C. Flickinger ... [et al.] -- Development and testing of a radiosurgery-based arteriovenous malformation grading system B.E. Pollock -- Radiosurgery for brainstem arteriovenous malformation / K. Maruyama ... [et al.] -- Multistaged volumetric management of large arteriovenous malformations / H. Kano -- Endovascular embolization in combination with radiosurgery for treatment of arteriovenous malformations / R.A. Miller, B. Jankowitz -- Stereotactic radiosurgery after embolization for arteriovenous malformations / H. Kano -- Long-term side effects of radiosurgery for arteriovenous malformations / M. Yamamoto, T. Kawabe, B.E. Barfod -- Management of adverse radiatio effects after radiosurgery for arteriovenous malformations / E.A. Monaco -- Morphological observations in brain arteriovenous malformations after gamma knife radiosurgery / G.T. Szeifert -- Stereotactic radiosurgery guideline for the management of patients with intracranial arteriovenous malformations / A. Niranjan, L.D. Lunsford -- Cavernous malformations and hemorrhage risk / D. Kondziolka, E.A. Monaco, III, L.D. Lunsford -- Radiosurgery of brain cavernomas : long-term results / R. Liscak -- Radiosurgical treatment for epilepsy associated with cavernomas / M. Lévêque -- Stereotactic radiosurgery guidelines for the management of patients with intracranial cavernous malformations / A. Niranjan, L.D. Lunsford -- Intracranial dural arteriovenous fistulas : natural history and rationale for treatment with stereotactic radiosurgery / D.H.-C. Pan ... [et al.] -- Stereotactic radiosurgery with or without embolization for intracranial dural arteriovenous fistulas / H. Yang -- Dural arteriovenous fistulas and the role of gamma knife stereotactic radiosurgery : the Stockholm experience / M. Söderman, E. Dodoo, B. Karlsson -- Stereotactic radiosurgery guidelines for the management of patients with intracranial dural arteriovenous fistulas / A. Niranjan, L.D. Lunsford.
- Gamma-delta T cells 2001, KargerT cell receptor and function cosegregate in gamma-delta T cell subsets -- Role of the IL-7 receptor in gamma-delta T cell development -- Epidermal and dermal gamma-delta T cells -- Cytokine profiles and responsiveness of dendritic epidermal T cells: cytokine-mediated communication with other cells -- Gamma-delta T cells with emphasis on their functional role in the epidermis -- Role of gamma-delta T cells in cutaneous hypersensitivity reactions -- Gamma-delta T cells: immunoregulatory functions and immunoprotection
- Gantz's Manual of clinical problems in infectious disease. 6th ed. Lane Catalog record
- Gap junctions in development and disease 2005, Springer
- GAPDH 2013, Springer
- Gasotransmitters 2012, Springer"The gases termed gasotransmitters play an increasingly important role in understanding how signalling into and between cells is modulated and fine-tuned. The advent of gasotransmitters has profoundly changed our way of thinking about biosynthesis, liberation, storage and action mechanisms in cellular signaling. In recent years an impressive amount of new data, distributed throughout the existing literature, has been generated. For this book the editors have recruited distinguished colleagues in the field to summarize and review important biological, pharmacological and medical functions and their implications, as well as methods for the detection of gasotransmitters."--P.  of cover.
- Gastroenterology and nutrition. 2nd ed. 2012, ScienceDirectOverview of digestion and absorption / Josef Neu -- Maturation of motor function in the preterm infant and gastroesophageal reflux / Anna Marla Hibbs -- Development of gastrointestinal motility reflexes / Sudarshan Rao Jadcherla -- Development of the intestinal mucosal barrier / Allan Walker and Camilia Martin -- The developing intestinal microbiome and its relationship to health and disease / Josef Neu -- The developing intestine as an immune organ / Patricia Lin -- The developing gastrointestinal tract in relation to autoimmune disease, allergy, and atopy / Outi Vaarala -- What are the controversies for basic intestinal development and where will the field be moving in the future? / Josef Neu -- Nutritional requirements of the very-low-birthweight infant / Patti Thureen and William Hay Jr. -- Controversies in neonatal nutrition : macronutrients and micronutrients / Frank R. Greer -- Regulation of protein synthesis and proteolysis in the neonate by feeding / Tracy Gautsch Anthony and Susan Hazels Mitmesser -- Lipids for neonates / Sheila M. Innis -- Human milk feeding of the high-risk neonate / Christina Valentine -- Nutritional requirements for the neonate : what are the controversies and where will the field be moving in the future? / Josef Neu -- Necrotizing enterocolitis / Josef Neu -- Special nutrition of the surgical neonate / Tom Jaksic -- Controversies in short bowel syndrome / Marc Rhoads -- Neonatal cholestasis / Joel Andres -- The neonatal gastrointestinal tract as a conduit to systemic inflammation and developmental delays / Josef Neu and James Wynn -- Adult consequences of neonatal and fetal nutrition : mechanisms / Robert Lane -- Technologies for the evaluation of enteral feeding readiness in premature infants / Josef Neu -- What are the controversies for these clinical conditions and where will the field be moving in the future? / Josef Neu.
- Gastroesophageal reflux and the lung 2013, Springer
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease 2006, Springer
- Gastrointestinal and liver disease nutrition desk reference 2012, CRCnetBASE"Presents the nutritional consequences and considerations of digestive disorders. Examines the role of nutrition in gastrointestinal and liver disease, including alcoholic and nonalcoholic liver disease, viral hepatitis, cirrhosis, malabsorption, colorectal disease, transplantation, pancreatitis, and inflammatory bowel disease. Includes chapters on food allergy and intolerance, the effects of medicinal plants, and the role of fiber in the gastrointestinal tract. Addresses the challenges of managing nutritional issues for hospitalized patients, and covers eating disorders and ethical issues."--Excerpted from abstract provided by publisher.
- Gastrointestinal bleeding 2010, SpringerPart 1. Upper GI Bleeding -- Stabilization of Patients Presenting with Upper Gastrointestinal Bleeding / Errol L. Bush and Mark L. Shapiro -- Urgent Workup for Upper Gastrointestinal Bleeding / Loretta Erhunmwunsee and Sandhya A. Lagoo-Deenadayalan -- Management of Esophageal Variceal Bleeding / Keki Balsara and Lisa Pickett -- Management of Dieulafoy's Lesions / Seraina K. Faes, Brian R. Untch, Claire Edwards, John Turner and Martin Poleski, et al. -- Management of Bleeding Peptic Ulcer Disease / James C. Padussis and Theodore N. Pappas -- Management of Unusual Sources of Upper GI Bleeding / Elisabeth Tracy and Janet Tuttle-Newhall -- Mallory-Weiss Syndrome / Jacob N. Schroder and Malcolm S. Branch -- Management of Bleeding Small Bowel Tumors / Keri E. Lunsford and Aurora D. Pryor -- Management of Bleeding from the Bile Duct / Carlos E. Marroquin and Bridget M. Marroquin -- Management of Bleeding from the Pancreas / Eugene P. Ceppa and Dana Portenier -- Part 2. Lower GI Bleeding -- Urgent Workup of Lower GI Bleeding / Dawn M. Emick and Leila Mureebe -- Bleeding Hemorrhoids / Kelley A. Hutcheson and Danny O. Jacobs -- Management of Bleeding Colitis and Colonic Diverticular Disease / Sebastian G. de la Fuente, Hardeep S. Ahluwalia, Alex Perez and John Migaly -- Colonic Arteriovenous Malformations / Sebastian G. de la Fuente and Christopher R. Mantyh -- Bleeding Colonic Tumors / Vanessa A. Olcese and Christopher R. Mantyh -- Part 3. GI Bleeding from an Unknown Source -- Evaluation of the Guaiac Positive Patient / Rebecca Burbridge and Melissa Teitelman -- Obscure GI Bleeding: Capsule and Double-Balloon Techniques / Stephen Philcox -- Provocative Angiography / Mayur B. Patel, Charles Y. Kim and Michael J. Miller -- The Unstable Patient with Obscure Gastrointestinal Bleeding: Surgical and Non-surgical Management / Rebecca P. Petersen and Aurora D. Pryor .
- Gastrointestinal cancer 2005, Springer
- Gastrointestinal cancer atlas for endoscopic therapy 2009, Springer
- Gastrointestinal carcinoma 2008, Springer
- Gastrointestinal endoscopy in practice 2011, ScienceDirectIntroduction to endoscopy -- Preparation for Endoscopy -- Diagnostic Upper Endoscopy -- 4 Diagnostic Colonoscopy -- 5 Small Bowel Endoscopy: Indications and Technique -- Advanced Imaging -- Interventional Endoscopy -- Complications of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy -- Endosonography -- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography.
- Gastrointestinal oncology 2011, Springer
- Gastrointestinal pathology. 3rd ed. 2008, OvidGeneral features of the gastrointestinal tract and evaluation of specimens derived from it -- The nonneoplastic esophagus -- The neoplastic esophagus -- The nonneoplastic stomach -- The neoplastic stomach -- The nonneoplastic small intestine -- Epithelial tumors of the small intestine -- Nonneoplastic diseases of the appendix -- The neoplastic appendix -- Motility disorders -- Inflammatory bowel disease -- Polyposis and hereditary cancer syndromes -- The nonneoplastic colon -- Epithelial neoplasms of the colon -- The nonneoplastic anus -- Neoplastic lesions of the anus -- Gastrointestinal neuroendocrine lesions -- Lymphoproliferative disorders of the gastrointestinal tract -- Mesenchymal tumors.
- Gastrointestinal physiology 2006, AccessMedicineFunctional anatomy of the GI tract and organs draining into it -- Neurohumoral regulation of gastrointestinal function -- Gastric secretion -- Pancreatic and salivary secretion -- Water and electrolyte absorption and secretion -- Intestinal mucosal immunology and ecology -- Esophageal motility -- Gastric motility -- Intestinal motility -- Functional anatomy of the liver and biliary system -- Bile formation and secretion -- Gallbladder function -- Bilirubin formation and excretion by the liver -- Ammonia and urea -- Carbohydrate, protein and water soluble vitamin assimilation -- Lipid assimilation.
- Gastrointestinal stromal tumours : etiology, pathology and clinical management = Lane Catalog record
- Gastrointestinal tract sonography in fetuses and children 2008, Springer
- Gastroparesis 2012, Springer
- Gaucher disease 2006, CRCnetBASEChapter 1. Introduction: Overview and Historical Perspective / Roscoe O. Brady -- Chapter 2. Gaucher Disease: Molecular Biology and Genotype-Phenotype Correlations / Kathleen S. Hruska, Mary E. LaMarca, and Ellen Sidransky -- Chapter 3. Cell Biology and Biochemistry of Acid β-Glucosidase: The Gaucher Disease Enzyme / Gregory A. Grabowski, Andrzej Kazimierczuk, and Benjamin Liou -- Chapter 4. Saposin C and Other Sphingolipid Activator Proteins / Silvia Locatelli Hoops, Thomas Kolter, and Konrad Sandhoff -- Chapter 5. The X-Ray Structure of Human Acid-β-Glucosidase: Implications for Second-Generation Enzyme Replacement Therapy / Lakshmanane Premkumar, Israel Silman, Joel L. Sussman, and Anthony H. Futerman -- Chapter 6. Cellular Pathology in Gaucher Disease / Anthony H. Futerman -- Chapter 7. The Biochemistry and Cellular Biology of Sphingolipids and Glucosylceramide / James A. Shayman -- Chapter 8. The Development of Enzyme Replacement Therapy for Lysosomal Diseases: Gaucher Disease and Beyond / Edward H. Schuchman and Silvia Muro -- Chapter 9. Gaucher Disease Animal Models / Ying Sun, You-Hai Xu, and Gregory A. Grabowski -- Chapter 10. Type 1 Gaucher Disease - Clinical Features / Pramod K. Mistry and Ari Zimran -- Chapter 11. Neuronopathic Gaucher Disease / Raphael Sc hiffmann and Ashok Vellodi -- Chapter 12. Pathologic Anatomy of Gaucher Disease: A Pictorial Essay / Robert E. Lee -- Chapter 13. Neuropathological Aspects of Gaucher Disease / Kondi Wong -- Chapter 14. Diagnosis and Laboratory Features / Carla E.M. Hollak and Johannes M.F.G. Aerts -- Chapter 15. Imaging in Gaucher Disease, Focusing on Bone Pathology / Mario Maas and Erik M. Akkerman -- Chapter 16. Radionuclide Evaluation of Gaucher Disease / Giuliano Mariani and Paola A. Erba -- Chapter 17. Epidemiology and Screening Policy / Peter J. Meikle, Maria Fuller, and John J. Hopwood Chapter 18. Enzyme Replacement Therapy for Type I Gaucher Disease / Ari Zimran, Bruno Bembi, and Gregory M. Pastores -- Chapter 19. Substrate Reduction Therapy / Frances M. Platt and Timothy M. Cox -- Chapter 20. Pharmacologic Chaperone Therapy for Lysosomal Diseases / Robert J. Desnick and Jian-Qiang Fan -- Chapter 21. The Significance of the Blood-Brain Barrier for Gaucher Disease and Other Lysosomal Storage Diseases / David J. Begley -- Chapter 22. Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation, Stem Cells, and Gene Therapy / Charles Peters and William Krivit -- Chapter 23. Ethical Concerns in Treating Rare Diseases with Expensive Therapy / Deborah Elstein and Avraham Steinberg -- Chapter 24. Societal Aspects in Treating Rare Diseases with Expensive Therapy / Deborah Elstein and Avi Israeli -- Chapter 25. Gaucher Disease as a Model for an Orphan Disease: Medical Aspects / Jill Waalen and Ernest Beutler -- Chapter 26. Meeting the Needs of Patients with Gaucher Disease: Pioneering a Sustainable Model for Ultra-Orphan Diseases / David P. Meeker and Henri A. Termeer -- Chapter 27. Patients’ Perspective / Susan Lewis, Tanya Collin-Histed, Jeremy Manuel, and Greg Macres -- Chapter 28. Societal Perspective: Comment / Abby Alpert, Alan M. Garber, and Dana P. Goldman -- Chapter 29. Gaucher Associations Around the World.
- Gaussian Markov random fields 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Gaussian process regression analysis for functional data 2011, CRCnetBASE
- Gender and medicine in Ireland, 1700-1950. First edition [1st ed.] SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status."I was right glad to be rid of it" : dental medical practice in eighteenth-century Ireland / James Kelly -- Women and tuberculosis in Ireland / Greta Jones -- Infant and child mortality in Dublin a century ago / Cormac Ó Gráda -- Cure or custody : therapeutic philosophy at the Connaught District Lunatic Asylum / Oonagh Walsh -- Gender and criminal lunacy in nineteenth-century Ireland / Pauline Prior -- Between habitual drunkards and alcoholics : inebriate women and reformatories in Ireland, 1899-1919 / Elizabeth Malcolm -- Managing midwifery in Dublin : practice and practitioners, 1700-1800 / Philomena Gorey -- Lady Dudley's district nursing scheme and the Congested Districts Board, 1903-1923 / Ciara Breathnach -- "The wages of sin is death" : Lock hospitals, venereal disease, and gender in prefamine Ireland / Laurence M. Geary -- "Sickness," gender, and national health insurance in Ireland, 1920s to 1940s / Mel Cousins -- "A perpetual nightmare" : women, fertility control, the Irish state, and the 1935 ban on contraceptives / Sandra McAvoy -- "A probable source of infection" : the limitations of venereal disease policy, 1943-1951 / Susannah Riordan -- Prophylactics and prejudice : venereal diseases in Northern Ireland during the Second World War / Leanne McCormick.
- Gender and recovery from coronary artery bypass surgery 2009, Springer
- Gender policy and HIV in China 2009, Springer
- Gender, women, and the tobacco epidemic 2010, WHO"This publication contributes to the scientific understanding of gender, women, and tobacco in the context of efforts to control the global tobacco epidemic. Topics covered include determinants of starting to use tobacco; exposure to second-hand smoke; the impact that tobacco use has on health; addiction and cessation; treatment programs; and gender and human rights policy. The publication also addresses national economic policy with regard to tobacco control, international treaties, and strategies for tobacco-free mobilization at the regional and international levels. Special attention is paid to an analysis of policies that affect girls and women throughout the life course. Men's responsibility to protect women against second-hand smoke is also highlighted"--Publisher's description.
- Gene and cell therapy. 2nd ed. 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Gene and cell therapy. 3rd ed. 2009, CRCnetBASE
- Gene and protein evolution 2007., KargerCoevolution within and between genes / Galtier, N.; Dutheil, J. -- Evolution of protein-protein interaction network / Makino, T.; Gojobori, T. -- Bacterial flagella and type III secretion: case studies in the evolution of complexity / Pallen, M.J.; Gophna, U. -- Comparative genomics and evolutionary trajectories of viral ATP dependent DNA-packaging systems / Burroughs, A.M.; Iyer, L.M.; Aravind, L. -- General trends in the evolution of prokaryotic transcriptional regulatory networks / Madan Babu, M.; Balaji, S.; Aravind, L. -- Divergence of regulatory sequences in duplicated fish genes / Van Hellemont, R. ... [et al.] -- Evolution of gene function on the X chromosome versus the autosomes / Singh, N.D.; Petrov, D.A. -- Amino acid repeats and the structure and evolution of proteins / Albà, M.M.; Tompa, P.; Veitia, R.A. -- Origination of chimeric genes through DNA-level recombination / Arguello, J.R. ... [et al.] -- Exaptation of protein coding sequences from transposable elements / Bowen, N.J.; Jordan, I.K. -- Modulation of host genes by mammalian transposable elements / Makalowski, W.; Toda, Y. -- Modern genomes with retro-look: retrotransposed elements, retroposition and the origin of new genes / Volff, J.-N.; Brosius, J.
- Gene biotechnology. 2nd ed. 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Gene biotechnology. Third Edition [3rd ed.]. 2011, CRCnetBASE"The third edition of this popular reference covers a variety of techniques related to gene manipulation, including DNA isolation, preparation, screening, and analysis. Topics range from very basic methods to current and sophisticated technologies, including methodologies created and tested by the authors. Other topics include approaches to grant funding and SiRNA technology. The authors offer detailed, step-by-step explanations of protocols and helpful troubleshooting guides. This edition features new techniques for every chapter, as well as several new chapters"--Provided by publisher.
- Gene delivery to mammalian cells 2003, Springer Protocolsv. 2 Springer Protocolsv. 1. Nonviral gene transfer techniques -- v. 2. Viral gene transfer techniques.
- Gene expression and its discontents 2010, Springer
- Gene expression and regulation 2006, Springer
- Gene expression profiling 2004, Springer Protocols
- Gene expression studies using affymetrix microarrays 2009, CRCnetBASEList of BioBoxes -- List of StatsBoxes -- 1. Biological question -- 2. Affymetrix microarrays -- 3. Running the experiment -- 4. Data analysis preparation -- 5. Data analysis -- 6. Presentation of results -- 7. Pharmaceutical R & D -- 8. Using Rand Bioconductor -- 9. Future perspectives.
- Gene expression technology ScienceDirect
- Gene expression to neurobiology and behaviour 2011, ScienceDirectHow does the genome, interacting with the multi-faceted environment, translate into the development by which the human brain achieves its astonishing, adaptive array of cognitive and behavioural capacities? Why and how does this process sometimes lead to neurodevelopmental disorders with a major, lifelong personal and social impact? This volume of Progress in Brain Research links findings on the structural development of the human brain, the expression of genes in behavioural and cognitive phenotypes, environmental effects on brain development, and developmental processes in perception, action.
- Gene function analysis 2007, Springer ProtocolsGene function inference from gene expression of deletion mutants / Ghislain Bidaut -- Association analysis for large-scale gene set data / Stefan A. Kirov, Bing Zhang, and Jay R. Snoddy -- Estimating gene function with least squares nonnegative matrix factorization / Guoli Wang and Michael F. Ochs -- From promoter analysis to transcriptional regulatory network prediction using PAINT / Gregory E. Gonye ... [et al.] -- Prediction of intrinsic disorder and its use in functional proteomics / Vladimir N. Uversky ... [et al.] -- Sybil : methods and software for multiple genome comparison and visualization / Jonathan Crabtree ... [et al.] -- Estimating protein function using protein-protein relationships / Shailesh V. Date -- Bioinformatics tools for modeling transcription factor target genes and epigenetic changes / Ramana V. Dvuluri -- Mining biomedical data using MetaMap Transfer (MMTx) and the Unified Medical Language System (UMLS) / John D. Osborne ... [et al.] -- Statistical methods for identifying differentially expressed gene combinations / Yen-Yi Ho ... [et al.] -- Gene function analysis using the chicken B-cell line DT40 / Randolph B. Caldwell ... [et al.] -- Design and application of a shRNA-based gene replacement retrovirus / Rugang Zhang, Peter D. Adams, and Xiaofen Ye -- Construction of simple and efficient DNA vector-based short hairpin RNA expression systems for specific gene silencing in mammalian cells / Tsung-Lin Cheng and Wen-Tsan Chang -- Selection of recombinant antibodies from antibody gene libraries / Michael Hust, Stefan Dübel, and Thomas Schirrmann -- A bacterial/yeast merged two-hybrid system : protocol for yeast screening with single of parallel baits / Nadezhda Y. Tikhmyanova ... [et al.] -- A bacterial/yeast merged two-hybrid system : protocol for bacterial screening / Ilya G. Serebriiskii, Nadia Milech, and Erica A. Golemis -- Engineering Cys2His2 zinc finger domains using a bacterial cell-based two-hybrid selection system / Stacey Thibodeau-Beganny and J. Keith Joung.
- Gene knockout protocols. 2nd ed. 2009, Springer ProtocolsOverview on mouse mutagenesis / Ralf Kühn and Wolfgang Wurst -- Construction of gene-targeting vectors by recombineering / Song-Choon Lee, Wei Wang, and Pentao Liu -- Gene-trap vectors and mutagenesis / Silke De-Zolt ... [et al.] -- Chromosome engineering in ES cells / Louise vander Weyden, Charles Shaw-Smith, and Allan Bradley -- Gene modification in embryonic stem cells by single-stranded DNA oligonucleotides / Marieke Aarts ... [et al.] -- Generation of shRNA transgenic mice / Christiane Hitz ... [et al.] -- Mutagenesis of mouse embryonic stem cells with ethylmethanesulfonate / Robert Munroe and John Schimenti -- Gene targeting in mouse embryonic stem cells / Lino Tessarollo ... [et al.] -- Manipulating mouse embryonic stem cells / Eileen Southon and Lino Tessarollo -- ES cell line establishment / Heidrun Kern and Branko Zevnik -- Generation of double-knockout embryonic stem cells / Eva Wielders, Marleen Dekker, and Hein te Riele -- Differentiation analysis of pluripotent mouse embryonic stem (ES) cells in vitro / Insa S. Schroeder ... [et al.] -- Cloning of ES cells and mice by nuclear transfer / Sayaka Wakayama, Satoshi Kishigami, and Teruhiko Wakayama -- Isolation, microinjection, and transfer of mouse blastocysts / Susan W. Reid and Lino Tessarollo -- Aggregation chimeras : combining ES cells, diploid, and tetraploid embryos / Mika Tanaka ... [et al.] -- VelociMouse : fully ES cell-derived F0-generation mice obtained from the injection of ES cells into eight-cell-stage embryos / Thomas M. DeChiara ... [et al.] -- Generation of Cre recombinase-expressing transgenic mice using bacterial artificial chromosomes / Jan Rodriguez Parkitna, David Engblom, and Günther Schütz -- Inducible Cre mice / Susanne Feil, Nadejda Valtcheva, and Robert Feil -- Creation and use of a Cre recombinase transgenic database / Andras Nagy, Lynn Mar, and Graham Watts -- Transposon mutagenesis in mice / David A. Largaespada -- Lentiviral transgenesis / Alexander Pfeifer and Andreas Hofmann -- Sperm cryopreservation and in vitro fertilization / Susan Marschall, Auke Boersma, and Martin Hrabé de Angelis -- Influence of genetic background on genetically engineered mouse phenotypes / Thomas Doetschman -- Pathologic phenotyping of mutant mice / Roderick T. Bronson -- Systemic first-line phenotyping / Valérie Gailus-Durner ... [et al.]
- Gene mapping, discovery, and expression 2006, Springer ProtocolsAnalysis of allele-specific gene expression / Julian C. Knight -- Construction of microRNA-containing vectors for expression in mammalian cells / Yoko Fukuda, Hiroaki Kawasaki, and Kazunari Taira -- Mining microarray data at NCBI's gene expression omnibus (GEO) / Tanya Barrett and Ron Edgar -- The Stanford microarray database: a user's guide / Jeremy Gollub, Catherine A. Ball, and Gavin Sherlock -- Detecting nucleosome ladders on unique DNA sequences in mouse liver nuclei / Tomara J. Fleury, Alfred Cioffi, and Arnold Stein -- DNA methyltransferase probing of DNA-protein interactions / Scott A. Hoose and Michael P. Kladde -- Protein binding microarrays (PBMS) for rapid, high-throughput characterization of the sequence specificities of DNA binding proteins / Michael F. Berger and Martha L. Bulyk -- Quantitative profiling of protein-DNA binding on microarrays / Jiannis Ragoussis, Simon Field, and Irina A. Udalova -- Analysis of protein-DNA binding by streptavidin-agarose pulldown / Kenneth K. Wu -- Isolation and mass spectrometry of specific DNA binding proteins / Mariana Yaneva and Paul Tempst -- Isolation of transcription factor complexes by in vivo biotinylation tagging and direct binding to streptavidin beads / Patrick Rodriguez ... [et al.].Use of genome browsers to locate your favorite genes / Minou Bina -- Methods for identifying and mapping recent segmental and gene duplications in eukaryotic genomes / Razi Khaja ... [et al.] -- Identification and mapping of paralogous genes on a known genomic DNA sequence / Minou Bina -- Quantitative DNA fiber mapping in genome research and construction of physical maps / Heinz-Ulrich G. Weier and Lisa W. Chu -- PRINS for mapping single copy genes / Avirachan T. Tharapel and Stephen S. Wachtel -- VISTA family of computational tools for comparative analysis of DNA sequences and whole genomes / Inna Dubchak and Dmitriy V. Ryaboy -- Computational prediction of cis-Regulatory modules from multispecies alignments using galaxy, table browser, and GALA / Laura Elnitski, David King, and Ross C. Hardison -- Comparative promoter analysis in vertebrate genomes with the CORG workbench / Christoph Dieterich and Martin Vingron -- cis-Regulatory region analysis using BEARR / Vinsensius Berlian Vega -- A database of 9-Mers from promoter region of human protein-coding genes / Minou Bina, Phillip Wyss, and Syed Rehan Shah -- A program toolkit for the analysis of regulatory regions of genes / Phillip Wyss, Sheryl A. Lazarus, and Minou Bina --
- Gene probes Springer Protocols
- Gene profiles in drug design 2008, CRCnetBASEA perspective on the future clinical impact of genetic diagnosis and gene-based drug therapies for patient health / Julian W. Tang -- Virally-encoded microRNA (miRNA): candidates for gene silencing / Ralph A. Tripp ... [et al.] -- Development of gene profile-responsive antisense agents / Sergei A. Kazakov and Brian H. Johnston -- Gene profiles in drug development: applications in target identification, biomarker discovery, and compound characterization / Eric A.G. Blomme and Dimitri Semizarov -- Gene profiles and cancer / Beverly A. Teicher -- RNA viruses and RNA-based drugs: a perfect match for RNA delivery and the identification of candidate therapeutic target inflammatory molecules / Brett A. Lidbury ... [et al.] -- Ethical considerations for a genetic future in diagnosis and drug development / Lexie Brans and Brett A. Lidbury.
- Gene regulatory sequences and human disease 2012, SpringerGene regulatory elements /Nadav Ahituv --Hemoglobin regulatory regions /Betty S. Pace and Levi H. Makala --Regulatory polymorphisms and osteoporosis /Huilin Jin and Stuart H. Ralston --Gene regulation in Van Buchem disease /Gabriela G. Loots --Cis-regulatory enhancer mutations are a cause of human limb malformations /Julia E. VanderMeer and Nadav Ahituv --Regulatory mutations leading to cleft lip and palate /Brian C. Schutte, Walid D. Fakhouri and Daniel Zemke --Cis-regulatory disruption at the SOX9 locus as a cause of Pierre Robin sequence /Christopher T. Gordon, Sabina Benko, Jeanne Amiel and Stanislas Lyonnet --Regulatory mutations in human hereditary deafness /Jonathan E. Bird and Thomas B. Friedman --Contributions of RET noncoding variation to Hirschsprung disease /Zachary E. Stine and Andrew S. McCallion --Cis-regulatory variation and cancer /Nora F. Wasserman and Marcelo A. Nobrega --Cohesin and human diseases /Dongbin Xu and Ian D. Krantz --Epigenetics and human disease /Angeliki Magklara and Stavros Lomvardas.
- Gene silencing by RNA interference 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Gene therapy 2010, Springer
- Gene therapy for cancer 2007, SpringerAdenovector-mediated cancer gene therapy /Bingliang Fang and Jack A. Roth --Efficacy, toxicity, and immunogenicity of adenoviral vectors /Dmitry M. Shayakhmetov --Lentiviral and retroviral vector systems /Renata Stripecke and Noriyuki Kasahara --Vaccinia and pox-virus /Sricharan Chalikonda and David L. Bartlett --Herpes simplex virus as a therapy for cancer /Ian J. Mohr --Alphavirus vectors for gene therapy applications /Kenneth Lundstrom --Vesicular stomatitis virus and RNA viruses as gene therapy vectors /Glen N. Barber --Parvovirus vectors /Selvarangan Ponnazhagan --Nonviral vector systems /Pui-yan Lee and Leaf Huang --Oncogenes, tumor suppressor genes, and apoptosis-inducing genes utilized in cancer gene therapy /Lidong Zhang and Bingliang Fang --Gene silencing therapy against cancer /Chao-Zhong Song --Tumor targeting-retargeted adenovirus /Masato Yamamoto and David T. Curiel --Oncolytic herpes simplex for gene therapy in preclinical and clinical trials /Richard H. Pin ... [et al.] --Cytokine gene therapy for genitourinary cancer /Terry L. Timme ... [et al.] --Combination of gene therapy with radiation /Anupama Munshi and Raymond E. Meyn --Gene transfer for chemoprotection and enrichment of hematopoietic stem cells /Justin C. Roth and Stanton L. Gerson --Nonviral genetic vaccines for cancer /Steven R. Little, Daniel G. Anderson, and Robert Langer --Gene therapy targeted at angiogenesis and lymphangiogenesis for cancer treatment /Anita T. Tandle and Steven K. Libutti --Tumor-specific replicating adenoviruses : delta 24 for human gliomas /Giacomo G. Vecil, Juan Fueyo, and Frederick F. Lang --Problems, side effects, and disappointments in clinical cancer gene therapy /Ta-Chiang Liu and David H. Kirn --Trials and tribulations in developing clinical trials of gene therapy : E1A for breast or ovarian cancer /Naoto T. Ueno ... [et al.] --Phase I clinical experience with intravenous administration of PV701, an oncolytic virus /Andrew L. Pecora and Robert M. Lorence --MDA-7/IL-24 as a multi-modality therapy for cancer /Sunil Chada ... [et al.] --Development of therapeutic genes for breast cancer treatment /Mien-Chie Hung and Duen-Hwa Yan --Steps in a translational cancer gene therapy trial /Urs W. von Holzen and Stephen G. Swisher.
- Gene therapy for renal diseases and transplantation 2008, KargerRenal diseases as targets of gene therapy / Phillips, B., Giannoukakis, N., Trucco, M. -- Non-viral gene delivery / Akital, H., Harashima, H -- Retrovirus vectors for gene delivery / Lech, P., Somia N.V -- Adenovirus vectors for renal targeted gene delivery / Appledorn, D.M., Seregin, S., Amalfitano, A. -- Adeno-associated virus vectors: versatile tools for in vivo gene transfer / Zentilin, L., Giacca, M. -- RNA interference in research and therapy of renal diseases / Rácz, Z., Hamar, P -- Gene therapy for acute renal failure / Torras, J., Cruzado, J.M., Grinyo, J.M -- Chronic deteriorating renal function and renal fibrosis / Isaka, Y., Takahara, S., Imai, E. -- Allograft rejection: acute and chronic studies / Tomasoni, S., Remuzzi, G., Benigni, A. -- Gene therapy for renal cancer / Haviv, Y.S., Curiel, D.T -- HIV-associated nephropathy / Wyatt, C.M., Rosenstiel, P.E., Klotman, P.E.
- Gene therapy of autoimmune diseases 2005, SpringerGene therapy approaches for autoimmune diseases of the central nervous system and other tissues / Roberto Furlan ... [et al.] -- Gene therapeutics in autoimmune diabetes / Jon D. Piganelli, Massimo Trucco, and Nick Giannoukakis -- Immunogene therapy with nonviral vectors / Ciriaco A. Piccirillo, Argyrios N. Theofilopoulos, and Gérald J. Prud'homme -- Targeting antigen-specific T cells for gene therapy of autoimmune disease / Justin M. Johnson and Vincent K. Tuohy -- Therapeutic gene transfer for rheumatoid arthritis / Natacha Bessis and Marie-Christophe Boissier -- Gene therapy-based approach for immune tolerance induction using recombinant immunoglobulin carriers / Moustapha El-Amine ... [et al.] -- DNA vaccination against autoimmune diseases / Gérald J. Prud'homme ... [et al.].
- Gene therapy of cochlear deafness 2009, KargerGene therapy for the inner ear : challenges and promises / Ryan, A.F., Dazert, S. -- Therapeutic regulation of gene expression in the inner ear using RNA interference / Maeda, Y., Smith, R.J.H. -- Gene therapy of the inner ear using adenovirus vectors / Husseman, J., Raphael, Y. -- Repair of the vestibular system via adenovector delivery of Atoh1 : a potential treatment for balance disorders / Baker, K., Brough, D.E., Staecker, H. -- Gene therapy and stem cell transplantation : strategies for hearing restoration / Kesser, B.W., Lalwani, A.K. -- Adenoviral and AAV-mediated gene transfer to the inner ear : role of serotype, promoter, and viral load on in vivo and in vitro infection efficiencies / Luebke, A.E. ... [et al.].
- Gene therapy of the central nervous system 2006, ScienceDirect
- Gene therapy protocols. 3rd ed. v. 1-, 2008-, Springer Protocolsv. 1. Production and in vivo applications of gene transfer vectors. Preparation and quantification of pseudotyped retroviral vector / Hong Yu and Young Jik Kwon. Production of retroviral vectors for clinical use / Kenneth Cornetta, Lilith Reeves, and Scott Cross. Methods for the production of helper-dependent adenoviral vectors / Donna J. Palmer and Philip Ng. Methods for the production of first generation adenoviral vectors / Donna J. Palmer and Philip Ng. Large-scale production of recombinant adeno-associated viral vectors / Alejandro Negrete and Robert M. Kotin. Construction and production of recombinant herpes simplex virus vectors / William F. Goins ... [et al.] Plasmid-based gene transfer in mouse skeletal muscle by electroporation / Jonathan D. Schertzer and Goron S. Lynch. Chitosan nanoparticle-mediated gene transfer / Dongwon Lee and Shyam S. Mohapatra. PEG-PEI copolymers for oligonucleotide delivery to cells and tissues / Gordon J. Lutz, Shashank R. Sirsi, and Jason H. Williams. Non-viral gene delivery with cationic liposome-DNA complexes / Kai K. Ewert ... [et al.] Applications of lentiviral vectors in noninvasive molecular imaging / Abhijit De ... [et al.] Retroviral modification of mesenchymal stem cells for gene therapy of hemophilia A / Christopher B. Doering. Transduction of murine hematopoietic stem cells and in vivo selection of gene-modified cells / Lucienne M. Ide, Elisabeth Javazon, and H. Trent Spencer. Assessment of CFTR function after gene transfer in vitro and in vivo / Uta Griesenbach ... [et al.] Oncolytic adenoviruses for cancer gene therapy / Ta-Chiang Liu, Stephen H. Thorne, and David H. Kirn. Design of trans-splicing adeno-associated viral vectors for Duchenne muscular dystrophy gene therapy / Yi Lai ... [et al.] Prevention of type 1 diabetes in NOD mice by genetic engineering of hematopoietic stem cells / Jessamyn Bagley, Charoui Tian, and John Iacomini. Lentiviral vector delivery of siRNA and shRNA encoding genes into cultured and primary hematopoietic cells / Mingjie Li and John J. Rossi. Nanoparticle-mediated gene delivery to the lung / Rajagopal Ramesh. Retroviral-mediated gene therapy for the differentiation of primary cells into a mineralizing osteoblastic phenotype / Jennifer E. Phillips and Andrés J. García. In vivo siRNA delivery to the mouse hypothalamus shows a role of the co-chaperone XAP2 in regulating TRH transcription / Stéphanie Decherf, Zahra Hassani, and Barbara A. Demeneix. Efficient retroviral gene transfer to epidermal stem cells / Pedro Lei and Stelios T. Andreadis.
- Gene therapy. 1st ed. 2006, ScienceDirect
- Gene transfer and expression in mammalian cells 2003, ScienceDirect
- Gene transfer to animal cells SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Basic principles of gene transfer -- Chemical and physical transfection -- Cell-mediated gene transfer -- Gene transfer using viral vectors -- Gentic manipulation of animals -- Gene targeting in animal cells -- Control of transgene expression -- Transgene behavior -- Additional strategies for gene inactivation -- Applications of gene transfer in animals.
- Gene transfer vectors for clinical application. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirectGeneral principles of retrovirus vector design / Tammy Chang and Jiing-Kuan Yee -- Strategies for retrovirus-based correction of severe, combined immunodeficiency (SCID) / Alain Fischer, Salima Hacein-Bey-Abina, and Marina Cavazzana-Calvo -- Retrovirus and lentivirus vector design and methods of cell conditioning / Samantha Cooray, Steven J. Howe, and Adrian J. Thrasher -- Analysis of the clonal repertoire of gene-corrected cells in gene therapy / Anna Paruzynski ... [et al.] -- Developing novel lentiviral vectors into clinical products / Anna Leath and Kenneth Cornetta -- Lentivirus vectors in [beta]-thalassemia / Emmanuel Payen ... [et al.] -- Gene therapy for chronic granulomatous disease / Elizabeth M. Kang and Harry L. Malech -- Alternative splicing caused by lentiviral integration in the human genome / Arianna Moiani and Fulvio Mavilio -- Genotoxicity assay for gene therapy vectors in tumor prone mice / Eugenio Montini and Daniela Cesana -- Lentiviral hematopoietic cell gene therapy for X-linked adrenoleukodystrophy / Nathalie Cartier ... [et al.] -- Retroviral replicating vectors in cancer / Christopher R. Logg ... [et al.] -- Adeno-associated virus vectorology, manufacturing, and clinical applications / Joshua C. Grieger and R. Jude Samulski -- Gene delivery to the retina : from mouse to man / Jean Bennett, Daniel C. Chung, and Albert Maguire -- Generation of hairpin-based RNAi vectors for biological and therapeutic application / Ryan L. Boudreau and Beverly L. Davidson -- Recombinant adeno-associated viral vector reference standards / Philippe Moullier and Richard O. Snyder -- NIH oversight of human gene transfer research involving retroviral, lentiviral, and adeno-associated virus vectors and the role of the NIH Recombinant DNA Advisory Committee / Marina O'Reilly ... [et al.] -- Regulatory structures for gene therapy medicinal products in the European Union / Bettina Klug ... [et al.].
- Gene vaccines 2012, Springer
- Gene-based therapies for cancer 2010, Springer
- Introduction to pathology / J.C.E. Underwood -- Characteristics, classification, and incidence of disease / J.C.E. Underwood -- Genetic, environmental, and infectious causes of disease / J.C.E. Underwood -- Diagnostic pathology in clinical practice / S.S. Cross -- Disorders of growth, differentiation, and morphogenesis / J.P. Bury -- Response to cellular injury / J.R. Goepel -- Disorders of metabolism and homeostasis / J.C.E. Underwood -- Ischaemia, infarction, and shock / S.S. Cross -- Immunology and immunopathology / M.R. Haeney -- Inflammation / T.J. Stephenson -- Carcinogenesis and neoplasia / J.C.E. Underwood -- Ageing and death / J.C.E. Underwood -- Cardiovascular system / P.J. Gallagher, A.C. van der Wal -- Respiratory tract / W.A.H. Wallace -- Alimentary system / M.F. Dixon -- Liver, biliary system, and exocrine pancreas / J.C.E. Underwood -- Endocrine system / T.J. Stephenson -- Breast / R.A. Walker -- Female genital tract / M. Wells -- Urinary and male genital tracts / J.R. Goepel -- Kidney diseases / J.R. Shortland -- Lymph nodes, thymus, and spleen / K.A. MacLennan -- Blood and bone marrow / D.J. Culligan, H.G. Watson -- Skin / D.N. Slater -- Osteoarticular and connective tissues / D.E. Hughes -- Central and peripheral nervous systems / J.W. Ironside.
- General concepts in integrated pest and disease management 2007, Springer
- General gynecology 2007
- General introduction to traditional Chinese medicine 2010, CRCnetBASETheoretical system of TMC : formation and characters -- Clinical system of TCM : formation and development -- Basic features of TCM -- Philosophical foundation of TCM -- Model, method, and architecture of TCM.
- General ophthalmology AccessMedicine, latest ed. only.
- General overviews, head and neck cancer, and thyroid cancer 2010, Springer
- General principles of orthopedics and trauma 2013, Springer
- General principles of tumor immunotherapy 2007, SpringerGeneral principles of tumor immunology -- A perspective on cancer immunology and immunotherapy -- Tumor antigens -- T cells and antigen recognition -- The role of natural killer T cells in tumor immunity -- Immunomodulatory molecules of the immune system -- HLA class I antigen abnormalities in tumors -- The local tumor microenvironment -- Tumor vaccines -- Peptide and protein vaccines for cancer -- DNA vaccines against cancer -- Recombinant viral and bacterial vaccines -- Dendritic cell vaccines -- Whole cell vaccines -- Carbohydrate vaccines against cancer -- Passive immunotherapy approaches -- Monoclonal antibody therapy of cancer -- Adoptive cellular therapy for the treatment of cancer -- Checkpoint blockade and combinatorial immunotherapies -- Clinical tumor immunotherapy -- General approaches to measuring immune responses -- Interferon therapy -- High dose interleuken-2 therapy -- Monoclonal antibodies in cancer therapy -- Unmasking tumor cell immunogenicity by chemotherapy: implications for therapy.
- General thoracic surgery. 6th ed. 2005, Ovid
- General thoracic surgery. 7th ed. 2009, OvidAnatomy of the chest thorax -- Embryology of the lungs -- Ultrastructure and morphometry of the human lung -- Cellular and molecular biology of the lung -- Surgical anatomy of the lungs -- Lymphatics of the lungs -- Pulmonary gas exchange -- Mechanics of breathing -- Radiographic evaluation of the lungs and chest -- Computed tomography of the lungs, pleura, and chest wall -- Magnetic resonance imaging of the thorax -- Positron emission tomography in chest diseases -- Radionuclide studies of the lung -- Ultrasound techniques in mediastinal, lung, and esophageal disease -- Laboratory investigations in the diagnosis of pulmonary diseases -- Diagnostic studies in lung cancer -- Bronchoscopic evaluation of the lungs and tracheobronchial tree -- Invasive diagnostic procedures -- Video-assisted thoracic surgery as a diagnostic tool -- Pulmonary physiologic assessment of operative risk -- Preoperative cardiac evaluation of the thoracic surgical patient -- Conduct of anesthesia -- The shared airway: management of the paitent with airway pathology -- Anesthesia for pediatric general thoracic surgery -- Thoracic incisions -- General features of pulmonary resections -- Thoracic surgery in the elderly -- Technical aspects of lobectomy -- Sleeve lobectomy -- Pneumonectomy and its modifications -- Tracheal sleeve pneumonectomy -- Segmentectomy and lesser pulmonary resections -- Instruments and techniques of video-assisted thoracic surgery -- Robotic-assisted surgery in thoracic diseases -- Video-assisted thoracic surgery for wedge resection, lobectomy, and pneumonectomy -- Median sternotomy and parasternal approaches to the lower trachea and mainstem bronchi -- Concomitant cardiac and pulmonary operations -- Anterior approach to superior sulcus lesions -- Complications of pulmonary resection -- Management of perioperative cardiac events -- General principles of postoperative care -- Mechanical ventilation of the surgical patient -- Chest wall deformities -- Lung hernias of the chest wall -- Infections of the chest wall -- Thoracic outlet syndrome (with transaxillary, supraclavicular, posterior, and VATS approaches) -- Thoracoscopic sympathectomy -- Anterior transthoracic approaches to the spine -- Chest wall tumors -- Chest wall reconstruction --Embryology and anatomy of the diaphragm -- Pacing of the diaphragm -- Congenital posterolateral diaphragmatic hernias and other less common hernias of the diaphragm in infants and children -- Foramen of morgagni hernia -- Tumors of the diaphragm -- Anatomy of the pleura -- Resorption of gases from the pleural space -- Pneumothorax -- Physiology of pleural fluid production -- Benign pleural effusion -- Parapneumonic empyema -- Postsurgical empyema -- Tuberculous and fungal infections of the pleura -- Fibrothorax and decortication of the lung -- Thoracoplasty: indications and surgical considerations -- Anatomy of the thoracic duct and chylothorax -- Localized fibrous tumors of the pleura -- Diffuse malignant mesothelioma -- Technique of extrapleural pneumonectomy for diffuse malignant pleural mesothelioma -- Uncommon tumors of the pleura -- Malignant pleural effusions -- Malignant pericardial effusions -- Blunt and penetrating injuries of the chest wall, pleura, and lungs -- Barotrauma and inhalation injuries -- Acute respiratory distress syndrome -- Management of foreign bodies of the airway -- Diaphragmatic injuries -- Tracheostomy -- Surgical anatomy of the trachea and techniques of resection and reconstruction -- Management of nonneoplastic diseases of the trachea -- Benign and malignant tumors of the trachea -- Compression of the trachea by vascular rings -- Congenital lesions of the lung -- Pulmonary complications of cystic fibrosis -- Congenital vascular lesions of the lungs -- Chronic pulmonary emboli -- Bullous and bleb diseases of the lung -- Lung volume reduction -- Bacterial infections of the lungs and bronchial compressive disorders -- Pulmonary tuberculosis and other mycobacterial diseases of the lung -- Surgery for the management of mycobacterium tuberculosis and nontuberculous mycobacterial (environmental) infections of the lung -- Mycotic and actinomycetic infections of the lung -- Pleuropulmonary amebiasis -- Hydatied disease of the lung -- Pulmonary paragonimiasis and its surgical complications -- Solitary pulmonary nodule -- Diffuse lung disease -- Lung transplantation -- Evidence-based thoracic surgery -- Clinical trial design --Lung cancer: epidemiology and carcinogenesis -- Screening for lung cancer: challenges for thoracic surgery -- Investigation and management of the nodules less than one centimeter in size -- Pathology of carcinoma of the lung -- The sentinel lymph node in non-small-cell carcinoma of the lung -- Present concepts in the molecular biology of lung cancer -- Clinical presentation of lung cancer -- Radiologic evaluation of lung cancer -- Diagnosis and staging of lung cancer -- Surgical treatment of non-small-cell lung cancer -- Lymph node dissection for lung cancer -- Unknown primary malignancy metastatic to thoracic lymph nodes -- Endoluminal management of malignant airway disease -- Basic principles of radiation therapy in locally advanced carcinoma of the lung -- Radiation therapy for carcinoma of the lung -- Adjuvant chemotherapy for non-small-cell lung cancer -- Neoadjuvant therapy for non-small-cell lung cancer -- Novel systemic therapy for advanced non-small-cell lung cancer -- Emerging technologies and techniques for the management of non-small-cell lung cancer -- Small-cell lung cancer -- Novel strategies for lung cancer immunotherapy -- Carcinoid tumors -- Adenoid cystic carcinoma and other primary salivary gland-type tumors of the lung -- Benign tumors of the lung -- Uncommon primary malignant tumors of the lung -- Secondary tumors of the lung -- Lung tumors in the immunocompromised host -- Embryology of the esophagus -- Anatomy of the esophagus -- Lymphatic drainage of the esophagus -- Physiology and physiologic studies of the esophagus -- Esophageal pH studies in esophageal disease -- Radiologic evaluation of the esophagus -- Endoscopy of the esophagus -- Modified heller myotomy -- Transthoracic resection of the esophagus -- Extended resection for esophageal carcinoma -- Transhiatal esophagectomy without thoracotomy -- Vagal-sparing esophagectomy -- Video-assisted esophageal resection -- Replacement of the esophagus with colon -- Replacement of the esophagus with jejunum -- Free intestinal transfer techniques in reconstruction of the esophagus -- Esophageal stents -- Foreign bodies in the esophagus -- Esophageal trauma -- Congenital anomalies of the esophagus -- Inflammatory diseases of the esophagus -- Esophageal motility disorders -- Chagas' disease of the esophagus --Surgical therapy for gastroesophageal reflux disease -- Barrett's esophagus -- Esophageal endoscopic procedures in thoracic surgery -- Cardial incompetence and associated gastroesophageal reflux -- Paraesophageal hiatal hernia -- Esophageal diverticula -- Benign tumors, cysts, and duplications of the esophagus -- Carcinoma of the esophagus -- Appendix: 2009 AJCC/UICC staging of esophageal cancer -- Multimodality therapy for esophageal cancer -- Surgical palliation of inoperable carcinoma of the esophagus -- Less common malignant tumors of the esophagus -- The mediastinum, its compartments, and the mediastinal lymph nodes -- The thymus -- Mediastinal parathyroids -- Neurogenic structures of the mediastinum -- Radiographic, computed tomographic, and magnetic resonance investigation of the mediastinum -- Radionuclide studies of the mediastinum -- Mediastinal tumor markers -- Transcervical mediastinal lymph node sampling and lymphadenectomy -- Sternotomy and thoracotomy for mediastinal disease -- Video-assisted thoracic surgery for diseases within the mediastinum -- Primary pneumomediastinum -- Acute and chronic mediastinal infections -- Primary mediastinal tumors and cysts and diagnostic investigation of mediastinal masses -- Lesions masquerading as primary mediastinal tumors or cysts -- Vascular masses of the mediastinum -- Superior vena cava syndrome: clinical features, diagnosis, and treatment -- Vein grafts for the superior vena cava -- The use of prosthetic grafts to replace the superior vena cava -- Myasthenia gravis -- Pathophysiology of myasthenia gravis -- Standard thymectomy -- Transcervical thymectomy -- Video-assisted thymectomy -- Extended transsternal thymectomy -- Transcervical-transsternal maximal thymectomy for myasthenia gravis -- Evaluation of results of thymectomy for nonthymomatous myasthenia gravis -- Thymic tumors -- Benign lymph node disease involving the mediastinum -- Biological markers and pathology of mediastinal lymphomas -- Diagnosis and treatment of mediastinal lymphomas -- Benign germ cell tumors of the mediastinum -- Primary seminomas of the mediastinum -- Nonseminomatous malignant germ cell tumors of the mediastinum -- Poorly differentiated carcinoma of the mediastinum -- Benign and malignant neurogenic tumors of the mediastinum in children and adults -- Excision of hourglass tumors of the paravertebral sulcus -- Mediastinal paragangliomas and pheochromocytomas -- Mesenchymal tumors of the mediastinum -- Mediastinal parathyroid tumors -- Foregut cysts of the mediastinum in infants and children -- Foregut cysts of the mediastinum -- Gastroenteric cysts and neuroenteric cysts in infants and children -- Mesothelial and other less common cysts of the mediastinum.
- General ultrasound in the critically ill 2005, Springer
- Generalized additive models SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.
- Generalized anxiety disorder across the lifespan 2009, Springer
- Generalized latent variable modeling 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Generalized least squares 2004, Wileych. 1. Preliminaries, p.1-24 -- ch. 2. Generalized Least Squares Estimators, p.25-66 -- ch. 3. Nonlinear Versions of the Gauss-Markov Theorem, p.67-96 -- ch. 4. Efficiency of GLSE with Applications to SUR and Heteroscedastic Models, p.97-142 -- ch. 5. Efficiency of GLSEs with Applications to a Serial Correlation Model, p.143-170 -- ch. 6. Bounds for Normal Approximation to the Distributions of GLSP and GLSE, p.171-194 -- ch. 7. A Maximal Extension of the Gauss-Markov Theorem and Its Nonlinear Versions, p.195-212 -- ch. 8. Some Further Extensions, p.213-243 -- ch. 9. Growth Curve Model and GLSEs, p.244-273.
- Generalized linear models with random effects 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Generation of cDNA libraries 2003, Springer Protocols
- GeneReviews NCBI Bookshelf
- Generic drug product development 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Genes and cardiovascular function 2011, Springerpt. 1. Genes and the heart -- pt. 2. Development and gender -- pt. 3. Mitochondrial diseases -- pt. 4. Ischemic heart disease -- pt. 5. Hypertension and arrhythmias -- pt. 6. Hypertrophy and failure.
- Genes, development, and cancer. 2nd ed. 2007, Springer
- Genes, memes, culture, and mental illness 2010, SpringerGenes and mental illness -- How does stress work? the role of memes in epigenesis -- Culture and mental illness -- Genetic-memetic model of mental illness-migration and natural disasters as illustrations -- What do we inherit from our parents and ancestors? -- Genes -- Evolution -- Learning, imitation, and memes -- Storage and evolution of memes in the brain -- External storage of memes: culture, media, cyberspace -- Culture and the individual -- What is mental health -- What is mental illness? -- Psychiatric diagnosis: toward a memetic-epigenetic multiaxial model -- Memetic diagnosis, memetic assessment and biopsychosocial epigenetic formulation -- Principles of memetic therapy -- Broad-spectrum memetic therapy -- Specific memetic therapies -- Genetic-memetic prevention -- Overview of specific syndromes -- Attention-cognition spectrum syndromes: delirium, dementia, impulse control syndromes, ADHD, antisocial personality, obsessive-compulsive personality traits, obsessive-compulsive syndrome -- Anxiety-mood spectrum syndromes: anxiety, panic, phobias, ASD, PTSD, borderline syndrome, dependent and avoidant personalities, social phobia, bipolarity and mania, depression-neurotic and syndromic, adjustment disorders -- Reality perception spectrum syndromes (imagination, dissociation, conversion, somatoform, misattribution somatization, psychosis) -- Pleasure spectrum syndromes (substance use/abuse, additions to substances and beliefs, fanaticism) -- Primary memetic syndromes: eating disorders, factitious disorders, malingering, meme-directed destructive behaviors -- Challenges for the future.
- Genes. IX. 9th ed. 2008
- G protein coupled receptors Trafficki...
- — Genetic analysis of complex diseases....
- Genetic basis for respiratory control...
- — Getting started with signal processin...
- Getting started with Simulink respons...
- — Grand challenge for the future .........
- Grant application writer's handbook. ...
- — Gynecology and obstetrics. 2004 ed. ....
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases