View by page
- G protein coupled receptors Trafficking and oligomerization. 1st ed. — Genetic and molecular epidemiology of multiple myeloma (131)
- Genetic basis for respiratory control disorders — Ghrelin system (131)
- Ghrelin. 1st ed. — Grand challenge for the future vaccines for poverty-related diseases from bench to field (131)
- Grant application writer's handbook. 4th ed. — Gynecological imaging a reference guide to diagnosis (128)
- Grant application writer's handbook. 4th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialDiscusses how to plan and develop a grant proposal, what reviewers look for in applications, and covers recent changes at National Institutes of Health (NIH) and the National Science Foundation (NSF). Also includes information on private foundation proposals.
- Grant application writer's workbook National Institutes of health version. [Revised edition.] Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Grant's Atlas of anatomy. 11th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Grant's Atlas of anatomy. 12th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialThorax -- Abdomen -- Pelvis and perineum -- Back -- Lower limb -- Upper limb -- Head -- Neck -- Cranial nerves.
- Grant's Atlas of anatomy. 13th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialThorax -- Abdomen -- Pelvis and perineum -- Back -- Lower limb -- Upper limb -- Head -- Neck -- Cranial nerves.
- Grant's Dissector. 13th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Grant's Dissector.. 14th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialThe back -- The upper limb -- The thorax -- The abdomen -- The pelvis and perineum -- The lower limb -- The head and neck.
- Graphics and GUIs with MATLAB. 3rd ed. 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Organizational pathways to political incorporation : the role of coalitions -- Immigrant political power : claims-making coalitions and policy outcomes -- Research design for theory and practice -- Massachusetts and California : 2004-2007 -- Organizational analysis : process and outcomes -- Immigrant organizations and policy change : the future role of coalitions.
- Gray's Anatomy Fulltext
- Gray's Anatomy for students. Third edition [3rd ed.] 2015, ClinicalKeyAnatomy texts just don't get any better than Gray's Anatomy for Students! Now in its 3rd edition, this completely revised medical textbook continues its focus on just the core information you need for your anatomy courses, presenting everything in an easy-to-read, visually appealing format that facilitates study. Obtain reliable, accessible coverage of everything you will learn in your contemporary anatomy classes with expert knowledge from a team of authors who share a wealth of diverse teaching and clinical experience.Easily locate and remember specific structures. More than 1,000 innovative, original illustrations by renowned illustrators Richard Tibbitts and Paul Richardson capture anatomical features with unrivalled clarity.Understand the practical applications of anatomical concepts through unique coverage of surface anatomy, correlative diagnostic images, and clinical case studies.Expedite the review of basic concepts from each chapter with Conceptual Overviews.
- Gray's Anatomy-- the anatomical basis of clinical practice. 39th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Gray's Anatomy-- the anatomical basis of clinical practice. 40th ed., anniversary ed. 2008, ClinicalKeyA universal landmark in medicine ever since Drs. Henry Gray and H.V. Carter published the first edition in 1858, Gray's Anatomy now celebrates its 150th anniversary! From state-of-the-art coverage of important new areas such as functional neuroimaging, embryogenesis, and biomechanics ... through a comprehensively revamped, lavish full-color art program ... as well as convenient access to the complete contents online, with downloadable illustrations, the new 40th Edition sets a new world standard for accuracy, clarity, and clinical relevance. It is THE place to turn when you want to be sure about the anatomical considerations that pertain to safe and effective practice. You'll find it an invaluable clinical resource, a pleasure to consult, and a reference that you'll be proud to have on your shelf. Fastidious editing by an esteemed group of clinicians and anatomists, with support from hundreds of contributors and specialist reviewers worldwide, ensures the most detailed and dependable coverage of anatomy available anywhere, including in-depth information on normal variants. A regional organization collects all relevant material on each body area together in one place, for easy clinical reference.
- Gray's Atlas of anatomy. Second edition [2nd ed.] 2015, ClinicalKeyGray's Atlas of Anatomy, the companion resource to the popular Gray's Anatomy for Students, presents a vivid, visual depiction of anatomical structures. Newly updated with a wealth of material to facilitate study, this medical textbook demonstrates the correlation of structures with appropriate clinical images and surface anatomy - essential for proper identification in the dissection lab and successful preparation for course exams. Clinically focused, consistently and clearly illustrated throughout, and logically organized, Gray's Atlas of Anatomy makes it easier than ever to master the essential anatomy knowledge you need! Build on your existing anatomy knowledge with structures presented from a superficial to deep orientation, representing a logical progression through the body.Identify the various anatomical structures of the body and better understand their relationships to each other with the visual guidance of nearly 1,000 exquisitely illustrated anatomical figures.Visualize the clinical correlation between anatomical structures and surface landmarks with surface anatomy photographs overlaid with anatomical drawings.Recognize anatomical structures as they present in practice through more than 270 clinical images - including laparoscopic, radiologic, surgical, ophthalmoscopic, otoscopic, and other clinical views - placed adjacent to anatomic artwork for side-by-side comparison.
- Gray's Basic anatomy 2012, ClinicalKeyGray's Basic Anatomy equips you with all the essential anatomy information you need to know, in half the length of the original Gray's Anatomy for Students! This new medical textbook lets you study efficiently while being confident in your mastery of the most important anatomical concepts. See the clinical implications with ""Clinical Apps, "" ""Imaging Apps, "" and surface anatomy boxes throughout. Get a clear picture with carefully selected illustrations that are easy to learn from, modern in design, and concisely labeled. Access a wealth of ancillary mate.
- Gray's Clinical Neuroanatomy focuses on how knowing functional neuroanatomy is essential for a solid neurologic background for patient care in neurology. Elliot Mancall, David Brock, Susan Standring and Alan Crossman present the authoritative guidance of Gray's Anatomy along with 100 clinical cases to highlight the relevance of anatomical knowledge in this body area and illustrate the principles of localization. Master complex, detailed, and difficult areas of anatomy with confidence. View illustrations from Gray's Anatomy and radiographs that depict this body area in thorough anatomical detail. Apply the principles of localization thanks to 100 brief case studies that highlight key clinical conditions. Tap into the anatomical authority of Gray's Anatomy for high quality information from a name you trust. Presents the guidance and expertise of a high profile team of authors and top clinical and academic contributors.
- Gray's Clinical photographic dissector of the human body 2012, ClinicalKeyGray's Clinical Photographic Dissector of the Human Body, by Drs. Marios Loukas, Brion Benninger, and R. Shane Tubbs, helps you take a clinical approach to the study of anatomy. This unique dissection guide uses full-color photographs rather than anatomical drawings to orient you more quickly in the lab, and points out the clinical significance of each structure and every dissection you make. You will also find valuable information on several emergency procedures used today to further reinforce the clinical correlations.
- Great stink of Paris and the nineteenth-century struggle against filth and germs Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialIntroduction -- "Not everything that stinks kills" : odors and germs on the streets of Paris, 1880 -- The sanitarian's legacy, or how health became public -- Taxonomies of transmission : local etiologies and the equivocal triumph of germ theory -- Putting germ theory into practice -- Toward a cleaner and healthier republic -- Odors and "infection," 1880 and beyond -- The legacy of the twentieth century.
- Greek medicine from Hippocrates to Galen selected papers SU Catalog (SearchWorks)Print MaterialThis volume makes available for the first time in English translation a selection of Jacques Jouanna's papers on medicine in the Graeco-Roman world. The papers cover more than thirty years of Jouanna's scholarship and range from the early beginnings of Greek medicine to late antiquity. Part One studies the ways in which Greek medicine is related to its historical and cultural background (politics, rhetoric, drama, religion). Part Two studies a number of salient features of Hippocratic medicine, such as dietetics, theories of health and disease and concepts of psychosomatic interaction, in relation to Greek philosophical thought. Part Three studies the reception of Hippocratic medicine, especially medical ethics and the theory of the four humours, in Galen and in late antiquity.
- Green fluorescent protein applications and protocols 2002, Springer Protocols
- Green tea health benefits and applications 2001, CRCnetBASE
- The ideal quick reference for the busy mental health clinician seeing younger patients, the Fifth Edition of Green's Child and Adolescent Clinical Psychopathology has been fully revised by a new team of authors active in clinical practice and resident education. A trusted reference in the field, Green's continues to provide practical and balanced information on the full range of medications used to treat mental health disorders in children and adolescents. ... NEW to the Fifth Edition: Increased focus on medication effects and cost-effectiveness. New information on cardiac function and risk factors in patients taking stimulants. Long-term suicide risks associated with SSRIs. Longer term outcomes of major depression treatment. Use of anticonvulsant medications in patients with bipolar disorder. Weight gain in patients taking antipsychotics.
- Green's Operative hand surgery. 5th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Green's Operative hand surgery. 6th ed. 2011, ClinicalKey
- Green's Skeletal trauma in children. Fifth edition [5th ed.] 2015, ClinicalKeyObtain the best outcomes from the latest techniques with help from a "who's who" of pediatric orthopaedic trauma experts! Considered as the "go-to" reference for orthopaedic trauma surgeons and pediatric orthopaedic trauma surgeons, Green's Skeletal Trauma in Children presents practical, focused guidance on managing traumatic musculoskeletal injuries in children and adolescents. It emphasizes the unique aspects of children's fractures in terms of epidemiology, mechanisms, management, and the challenges of treating the skeletally immature patient. State-of-the-art coverage includes crucial chapters on skeletal trauma related to child abuse, anesthesia and analgesia, management of children's fractures, and outcome measures and rehabilitation.
- Greenberg's Text-atlas of emergency medicine Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Greenfield's Neuropathology. 8th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Greenfield's Surgery scientific principles and practice. 4th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- "The Fifth Edition of Greenfield's Surgery has been thoroughly revised, updated, and refocused to conform to changes in surgical education and practice. Reflecting the increasingly clinical emphasis of residency programs, this edition features expanded coverage of clinical material and increased use of clinical algorithms. Key Points open each chapter, and icons in the text indicate where Key Points are fully discussed. Many of the black-and-white images from the previous edition have been replaced by full-color images"--Provided by publisher.
- Greenspan's Basic & clinical endocrinology 2011 (9th ed.)., AccessMedicine
- Grief counseling and grief therapy a handbook for the mental health practitioner. 4th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialAttachment, loss, and the experience of grief -- Understanding the mourning process -- The mourning process: mediators of mourning -- Grief counseling: facilitating uncomplicated grief -- Abnormal grief reactions: complicated mourning -- Grief therapy: resolving complicated mourning -- Grieving special types of losses -- Grief and family systems -- The counselor's own grief -- Training for grief counseling.
- Griffith's Instructions for patients. 8th ed. 2011, ClinicalKeyHelp your patients understand what their illness is and how it will affect their regular routine.
- Grit, grief, and gold a true narrative of an Alaska pathfinder Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Gross anatomy the big picture 2011, AccessMedicineBack -- Thorax -- Abdomen, Pelvis and Perineum -- Head -- Neck -- Upper Limb -- Lower Limb.
- Gross anatomy. 5th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Gross anatomy. 6th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialPresents detailed information and diagrams about human anatomy, with review questions and answers, and a comprehensive examination.
- Gross and developmental anatomy. 2nd ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Gross and developmental anatomy. 3rd ed. 2010, ClinicalKeyBack -- Thorax -- Abdomen -- Pelvis and perineum -- Lower extremity -- Upper extremity -- Neck -- Head.
- Deutsch-Englisch -- Englisch-Deutsch.
- Grossman & Baim's Cardiac catheterization, angiography, and intervention. Eighth edition. [8th ed.] Ovid"Grossman & Baim's Cardiac Catheterization, Angiography, and Intervention, 8e is the premier reference on cardiac catheterization and appeals to seasoned practitioner, residents and cardiology fellows. This title reflects the rapid evolution and growing clinical use of interventional techniques. Premier reference on cardiac catheterization appeals to seasoned practitioner, residents and cardiology fellows. Reflects rapid evolution and growing clinical use of interventional techniques. Eleven new chapters, including: Integrated Imaging Modalities in the Cardiac Catheterization Lab; Radial Artery Approach; Coronary Artery Anomalies; Interventions for Acute Myocardial Infarction; Interventions with Cell Therapies; and Aortic Endovascular Grafting Over 20 procedural videos online"--Provided by publisher.
- Group B coxsackieviruses 2008, SpringerCoxsackie B viruses: an introduction / B.W. Mahy -- Coxsackieviruses and quasispecies theory: evolution of enteroviruses / E. Domingo ... [et al.] -- Comparative genomics of the coxsackie B viruses and related enteroviruses / M.S. Oberste -- Group B coxsackievirus virulence / S. Tracy and C. Gauntt -- The coxsackievirus and adenovirus receptor / P. Freimuth, L. Philipson and S.D. Carson -- Coxsackievirus B RNA replication: lessons from poliovirus / P. Sean and B.L. Semler -- CVB translation: lessons from the polioviruses / J.M. Bonderoff and R.E. Lloyd -- Preferential coxsackievirus replication in proliferating/activated cells: implications for virus tropism, persistence, and pathogenesis / R. Feuer and J.L. Whitton -- The impact of CVB3 infection on host cell biology / D. Marchant ... [et al.] -- Host immune responses to coxsackievirus B3 / S. Huber -- Pediatric group B coxsackievirus infections / J.R. Romero -- CVB-induced pancreatitis and alterations in gene expression / A.I. Ramsingh -- The CVB and etiology of type 1 diabetes / K.M. Drescher and S.M. Tracy -- Persistent coxsackievirus infection: enterovirus persistence in chronic myocarditis and dilated cardiomyopathy / N.M. Chapman and K.S. Kim -- Autoimmunity in coxsackievirus infection / N.R. Rose -- CVB infection and mechanisms of viral cardiomyopathy / K.U. Knowlton.
- The treatment of such conditions is often challenging due to the age of the patient and the progressive nature of the deformity. There also may be associated problems such as congenital anomalies, respiratory insufficiency, and neurological problems. Depending on the etiology of the deformity, these children are often cared for by multiple specialists including pediatricians, pediatric orthopaedists or orthopaedic spine surgeons, neurologists, pediatric surgeons, pediatric neurosurgeons, oncologists, and/or pulmonologists. Health professionals in all of the mentioned disciplines are involved in the management of these patients, which is why compiling a comprehensive textbook that is not limited to orthopedic specialists is essential. This textbook will effectively help to standardize the care of these patients. Furthermore, other professionals such as nurses, physical therapists and healthcare professionals in training are usually not familiar with these conditions and are in need of a reference book to consult when caring for children with spinal deformities.
- Growth and lactogenic hormones 2002, ScienceDirect
- Growth factors and their receptors in cell differentiation, cancer and cancer therapy. 1st ed. 2011, ScienceDirectRecent years have seen a considerable emphasis on growth factors and the elucidation of their mode of function, which has led to the recognition that growth factors, their receptors as well as downstream elements of signalling associated with their function might be potential targets in therapeutic management of human diseases. Humanised monoclonal antibodies raised against growth factor receptors have proved to be valuable for targeted cancer treatment and in patient management. This book reviews the latest developments providing insights into the signalling processes involved in morphogenesis and pathogenesis with emphasis on using the elements of the signalling cascades as targets for therapeutic deployment. Provides a fundamental understanding of the basic functions of growth factors and their receptors, describing how they are linked in biological processes. Aids the development of therapeutic treatments for cancer. Focuses on the interrelationships and convergence of growth factors and their receptors in development and pathogenesis and encourages greater cooperation and integration in the areas of developmental, cancer and cancer therapeutic research.
- Growth hormone deficiency in adults 2005, KargerClinical aspects of growth hormone deficiency in adults: an overview / Jørgensen, J.O.L., Christiansen, J.S. -- Epidemiology of adult growth hormone deficiency: prevalence, incidence, mortality and morbidity / Erfurth, E.M. -- Hypopituitarism following traumatic brain injury / Popovic, V. ... [et al.] -- IGF-I measurements: epidemiological and clinical aspects / Juul, A. -- Diagnosis of growth hormone deficiency / Fisker, S., Andersen, M., Orskov, H. -- Clinical monitoring of growth hormone replacement in adults / Gibney, J., Johannsson, G. -- Consequences of growth hormone deficiency for intermediary metabolism and effects of replacement / Norrelund, H. -- Skeletal and cardiac muscle in adults with growth hormone deficiency / Cuneo, R.C., Wallace, J.D. -- Bone metabolism and growth hormone deficiency: experimental and clinical aspects / Ueland, T., Bollerslev, J. -- Growth hormone and fluid homeostasis / Moller, J. -- Growth hormone and body composition / Mersebach, H., Feldt-Rasmussen, U. -- Effects of growth hormone deficiency and growth hormone treatment on quality of life in growth hormone-deficient adults / Arwert, L.I., Berend Deijen, J., Drent, M.L. -- Safety aspects of growth hormone replacement / Waterhouse, M., Monson, J.P.
- Growth hormone related diseases and therapy a molecular and physiological perspective for the clinician 2011, SpringerGrowth Hormone Receptor in Growth -- Ghrelin in the Regulation of GH Secretion and Other Pituitary Hormones -- Growth Hormone Pulsatility and its Impact on Growth and Metabolism in Humans -- Metabolic Actions of Growth Hormone -- Molecular Genetics of Congenital Growth Hormone Deficiency -- Structural Abnormalities in Congenital Growth Hormone Deficiency -- Genetic Causes of Familial Pituitary Adenomas -- The Epidemiology of Growth Hormone Deficiency -- Diagnosis of Growth Hormone Deficiency in Adults -- Transition from Puberty to Adulthood -- Issues in Long-Term Management of Adults with Growth Hormone Deficiency -- Quality of Life in Acromegaly and Growth Hormone Deficiency -- The Value of GH and IGF-I Measurements in the Management of Acromegaly -- The Role of Somatostatin Analogues in Treatment of Acromegaly -- The Role of External Beam Radiation Therapy and Stereotactic Radiosurgery in Acromegaly -- Mortality and Morbidity in Acromegaly: Impact of Disease Control -- GHR Antagonist: Efficacy and Safety -- Long-Acting Growth Hormone Analogues -- Growth Hormone Supplementation in the Elderly -- Growth Hormone in Sports: Is There Evidence of Benefit?
- Basic physiology of the growth hormone/insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-axis / Laura M. Frago and Julie A. Chowen -- Experimental models for understanding the role of insulin-like growth factor-I and its receptor during development / Jose Luis Trejo, Eva Carro, and Deborah J. Burke -- Insulin-like growth factor binding proteins in development / Josef V. Silha and Liam J. Murphy -- Growth hormone, insulin-like growth factors, and the female reproductive system / Carolyn A. Bondy and Jian Zhou -- Skeletal muscle / Ana M. Fernandez and Derek LeRoith -- Cardiovascular and respiratory systems / Åsa Tivesten and Jörgen Isgaard -- Hematopoiesis / Wilson Savino, Salete Smaniotto, and Mireille Dardenne -- Brain development / Gregory J. Popken ... [et al.] -- Regulation of vertebrate sensory organ development : a scenario for growth hormone and insulin-like growth factors action / Amelia Diaz-Casares ... [et al.] -- Role of insulin-like growth factors in neuronal plasticity and neuroprotection / Ignacio Torres Alemán -- Aging and life span / Holly M. Brown-Borg -- Interactions of insulin-like growth factor-I and estrogen in the brain / Pablo Mendez, Gloria Patricia Cardona-Gomez, and Luis Miguel García-Segura -- Cancer / Adda Grimberg -- Genetic basis of proportional short stature / Ángel Campos-Barros, Karen E. Heath, Jesús Argente -- Future perspectives : from stem cells and IGF biology to the clinic / Yvan Arsenijevic.
- Growth of the pediatric skeleton a primer for radiologists 2008, Springer
- Growth, differentiation and sexuality. 2nd ed. 2006, Springer
- GTPase protocols the Ras superfamily 2002, Springer Protocols
- GTPases regulating membrane dynamics 2005, ScienceDirect
- GTPases regulating membrane targeting and fusion 2005, ScienceDirect
- Gua sha a traditional technique for modern practice. 2nd edition. 2013, ScienceDirect
- Guidance molecules in cancer and tumor angiogenesis 2012, ScienceDirectRegulation of tumor initiation and metastatic progression by eph receptor tyrosine kinases / Jin Chen -- Essential roles of EphB receptors and EphrinB ligands in endothelial cell function and angiogenesis / Ombretta Salvucci, Giovanna Tosato -- Semaphorin signals tweaking the tumor microenvironment / Claudia Muratori, Luca Tamagnone -- Guidance for life, cell death, and colorectal neoplasia by netrin dependence receptors / Christian Gespach -- Roundabout way to cancer / Mimmi S. Ballard, Lindsay Hinck -- Role of the VEGF/VEGFR axis in cancer biology and therapy.
- Guide for researchers in surgical education Lane Catalog recordPrint Material"The Educational Research Committee of the Association of Surgical Education (ASE) ... embarked upon the creation of this entirely new "Guide". It is designed to meet the needs of those who work among surgeons and surgical trainees, who embrace the scientific method in their quest to improve the education process"-- Preface.
- "Incorporates new scientific information on common laboratory animals, including aquatic species, and includes extensive references. Provides a framework for the judgments required in the management of animal facilities. This updated and expanded resource of proven value will be important to scientists and researchers, veterinarians, animal care personnel, facilities managers, institutional administrators, policy makers involved in research issues, and animal welfare advocates."--Publisher's description (excerpt).
- The changes and new material in this seventh edition incorporate recent research on commonly used species, including farm animals in keeping with the belief that the Guide is subject to modification with changing conditions and new information. Also covers institutional policies and responsibilities, animal environment, husbandry, and management, veterinary care, and physical plant.
- Guide to assessment scales in bipolar disorder. 2nd ed. 2010, SpringerIntroduction -- Global assessment scales -- Detection of bipolar I -- Detection of bipolar II -- Assessment of depression in bipolar disorder -- Assessment of mania in bipolar disorder -- Assessment of hypomania -- Health-related quality of life assessment in bipolar disorder -- Assessment of pediatric bipolar disorder -- Assessment of comorbidities -- Assessment of functioning -- Assessment of suicidality.
- Guide to assessment scales in major depressive disorder 2014, SpringerThis concise guide provides psychiatrists (including trainees) and general practitioners with a comprehensive overview of the most clinically relevant assessment scales and tools in order to assist with and enhance diagnostic outcomes in depression. Depression is one of the most common mood disorders across the globe, with a lifetime prevalence across all people of 8-10%. Despite being relatively common, depression remains severely underdiagnosed across all age groups and nationalities.
- Guide to assessment scales in Parkinson's disease 2014, SpringerThis Guide assesses the key clinimetric attributes in the assessment of Parkinson's Disease (PD), with the intention to offer rapid and pragmatic information on the most relevant scales used in PD. Parkinson?s disease affects approximately 4 million people globally and is most commonly seen in people over the age of 50. The disease is a progressive disorder of the nervous system, and presents a number of movement and cognitive symptoms, thereby greatly affecting a patients quality of life. The use of scales for assessment in neurological disorders such as PD arises from the need to quantify disorders and states (such constructs as disability, symptoms, quality of life). Assessment scales are often categorised into two categories: generic (i.e. those scales usable in any health condition), and specific (i.e. scales developed for exclusive use in PD). They can have a variety of components: single-item and multi-item or composite scale; unidimensional and multidimensional; and as disease-centered and patient-centered measures. The creation and validation of scales is complex, with scales undergoing numerous studies to assess criteria such as acceptability, reliability, and responsiveness. In the process of validation of a scale the following attributes should be tested to ascertain whether a scale is an effective instrument of measurement.
- Guide to assessment scales in schizophrenia. 3rd ed. 2012, SpringerSymptom rating scales in schizophrenia -- Depression and suicidality -- Cognition -- Functional outcomes assessment scales -- Quality of life measurements in a person with schizophrenia -- Antipsychotic side-effect rating scales in schizophrenia -- Assessment scales for insight -- Assessing adherence to antipsychotic medications -- Clinical assessment scales in substance use disorders -- Medical comorbidities.
- Transcultural diversity and health care -- The Purnell model for cultural competence -- Barriers to culturally competent health care -- People of African American heritage -- People of American Indian/Alaskan Native heritage -- The Amish -- People of Appalachian heritage -- People of Arab heritage -- People of Chinese heritage -- People of Cuban heritage -- People of European American heritage -- People of Filipino heritage -- People of German heritage -- People of Guatemalan heritage -- People of Haitian heritage -- People of Hindu heritage -- People of Hmong heritage -- People of Iranian heritage -- People of Japanese heritage -- People of Jewish heritage -- People of Korean heritage -- People of Mexican heritage -- People of Polish heritage -- People of Puerto Rican heritage -- People of Russian heritage -- People of Somali heritage -- People of Thai heritage -- People of Turkish heritage -- People of Vietnamese heritage.
- Guide to cytochrome P450 structure and function 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Guide to developing end user education programs in medical libraries Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialComputers and medical information elective at Texas A&M University / Gale G. Hannigan -- Instructional outreach and liaison to a veterinary medicine program at Washington State University / Sarah K. McCord, Vicki F. Croft -- Researching the evidence in physical therapy at the University of Missouri-Columbia / Rebecca S. Graves, Evan Prost, Yvette Silvey -- The librarian as partner in the development of the health care informatics curriculum at James Madison University / Jennifer McCabe -- Educating users of the health sciences library system at the University of Pittsburgh / Linda M. Hartman -- Hardin Library for the Health Sciences : experiencing change / Denise H. Britigan, Anne K. Gehringer -- Medical informatics intervention : teaching the teaching residents at Christiana Care Health System / Sharon Easterby-Gannett, Ellen Justice -- The librarian's role as information technology educator at the University of South Alabama / Justin Robertson -- Using computer-based case studies for developing information searching skills and implementing evidence-based medicine at Jefferson Medical College / Anthony J. Frisby, Daniel Kipnis -- Education and e-learning at the William H. Welch Medical Library / Cynthia Sheffield, Jayne Campbell, Dongming Zhang -- An informatics course for first-year pharmacy students at the University of California, San Francisco / David J. Owen, Gail L. Persily, Patricia Babbitt -- Building an effective user education program : the medical librarian as coeducator at the University of the West Indies / Ernesta Greenidge, Meerabai Gosine-Boodoo -- Educational programs at the New York University College of Dentistry / Luis J. Gonzalez, Van B. Afes, Christopher Evjy -- Education services at the Health Sciences Library at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill / Julia Shaw-Kokot -- A month-long daily instruction curriculum for residents at the University of Pittsburgh : can intensive training make a difference? / Nancy Tannery ... [et al.] -- Health care informatics education at Stony Brook University : evolution of end-user education and mission redefinition for the academic health sciences library / Guillaume Van Moorsel -- Integrating medical informatics into the school of medicine curriculum at the University of California, San Francisco / Keir Reavie, Gail L. Persily, Kevin H. Souza -- Thinkpads, medical education, and the library at Wake Forest University / David C. Stewart.
- Guide to effective grant writing how to write a successful NIH grant application Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Guide to effective grant writing how to write a successful NIH grant application. 2nd ed. 2012, SpringerOverview: overall goals when writing grant applications -- Organization and use of this guide -- Preparing to write -- Types of NIH grants -- Anatomy of the NIH grant application -- Starting to write: planning the aims and overcoming writer's block -- Organization and writing style -- Figures and tables -- Specific aims -- Research strategy: significance -- Research strategy: innovation -- Research strategy: approach -- Bibliography and references cited -- Use of appendices -- Collaborators and consultants -- Training and career development grants -- Administrative sections and submission process -- Scoring process -- Resubmitting an application -- Non-NIH grants -- Conclusions.
- 1. What is functional analytic psychotherapy? -- 2. Lines of evidence in support of FAP -- 3. Assessment and case conceptualization -- 4. Therapeutic technique: the five rules -- 5. Self and mindfulness -- 6. Intimacy -- 7. The course of therapy: beginning, middle and end phases of FAP -- 8. Supervision and therapist self-development -- 9. Values in therapy and green FAP -- Appendices -- Index.
- Guide to genetic counseling. 2nd ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialThe practice of genetic counseling / Ann P. Walker -- The ultimate genetic tool : the family history / Jane L. Schuette and Robin L. Bennett -- Interviewing : beginning to see each other / Kathryn Spitzer Kim -- Thinking it all through : case preparation and management / Wendy R. Uhlmann -- Psychosocial counseling / Luba Djurdjinovic -- Patient education / Ann C.M. Smith and Toni I. Pollin -- Risk communication and decision making / Bonnie Jeanne Baty -- The medical genetics evaluation / Elizabeth M. Petty -- Understanding genetic testing / W. Andrew Faucett and Patricia A. Ward -- Medical documentation / Debra Lochner Doyle -- Multicultural counseling / Gottfried Oosterwal -- Ethical and legal issues / Susan Schmerler -- Student supervision : strategies for providing direction, guidance, and support / Patricia McCarthy Veach and Bonnie S. LeRoy -- Genetic counseling research : understanding the basics / Beverly M. Yashar -- Professional identity and development / Elizabeth A. Gettig and Karen Greendale -- Genetic counselors as educators / Debra L. Collins and Joseph D. McInerney -- Evolving roles, expanding opportunities / Elizabeth A. Balkite and Maureen E. Smith -- Putting it all together : three case examples / Jane L. Schuette ... [et al.].
- Guide to hygiene and sanitation in aviation. 3rd ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialContents: Module 1: Water -- Module 2: Cleaning and Disinfection of Facilities
- Guide to investigation of mouse pregnancy 2014, ScienceDirectThe Guide to Investigation of Mouse Pregnancy is the first publication to cover the mouse placenta or the angiogenic tree the mother develops to support the placenta. This much-needed resource covers monitoring of the cardiovascular system, gestational programming of chronic adult disease, epigenetic regulation, gene imprinting, and stem cells. Offering detailed and integrated information on how drugs, biologics, stress, and manipulations impact pregnancy in the mouse model, this reference highlights techniques used to analyze mouse pregnancy.
- Guide to MATLAB object-oriented programming 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Guide to MATLAB object-oriented programming SU Catalog (SearchWorks)Print Material
- Guide to methods in the biomedical sciences 2005, Springer1. Detection and analysis of proteins -- 2. Detection and analysis of nucleic acids -- 3. Recombinant DNA techniques: cloning and manipulation of DNA -- 4. Antibody-based techniques -- 5. Microscopy: imaging of biological specimens -- 6. The derivation and manipulation of experimental animals in biomedical sciences.
- Guide to molecular cloning techniques ScienceDirect
- Guide to neonatal and pediatric ECGs 2013, SpringerElectrocardiography has an ever-expanding role in pediatric cardiology evaluation. The specific competencies required for its optimal use in this setting, however, generally lie beyond the expertise of cardiologists used to dealing with adults. This guide - the product of extensive practical experience in the field of pediatric cardiology - proposes a very simple method for reading neonatal and pediatric ECGs that is based on the application of straightforward criteria and permits the immediate recognition of normal and pathological patterns. The first part of the guide presents and describes this methodology and the parameters of normal pediatric ECGs, while the second part focuses on specific pediatric anomalies. More than 150 ECGs displaying both normal and pathologic findings are included, all of which have been collected from clinical practice and analyzed using the proposed method. This book will be an invaluable reference tool for all cardiologists who deal with newborns and children.
- Guide to neuropsychiatric therapeutics 2007, OvidApathy and related disorders of diminished motivation -- Delirium -- Cognitive impairment -- Global cognitive impairment : the dementias -- Disturbances of mood, affect, and emotion -- Anxiety -- Psychosis in neuropsychiatric disorders -- Nonepileptic seizures -- Parkinsonian movement disorders -- Hyperkinetic movement disorders -- Changes in personality -- Pain -- Sleep disorders -- Unexplained neuropsychiatric symptoms -- Intellectual disabilities of developmental onset -- Agitation and aggression -- Forensic neuropsychiatry -- Rational approach to brain imaging and electrophysiology.
- Guide to obesity and the metabolic syndrome origins and treatment 2011, CRCnetBASEOrigins of obesity in the scientific era : 1500 AD to the present -- Definitions, measurement, and prevalence -- Genetic, metabolic, and social origins of obesity -- Effects of obesity on health and metabolism -- Prevention, evaluation, and introduction to treatment -- Lifestyle, diet, & exercise : cognitive solutions -- Medications for obesity -- Surgery for obesity -- Post-script : obesity in the twenty first century.
- Guide to pediatric urology and surgery in clinical practice 2011, SpringerUrinary tract infection: USA -- Urinary tract infection: United Kingdom -- Urinary tract infection: Europe -- Urinary tract infection: Australasia -- Abnormalities of the scrotum -- Disorders of male external genitalia: problems of the penis and foreskin -- Disorders of male external genitalia: hypospadias, epispadias, concealed penis, and urethral disorders -- Disorders of male external genitalia: undescended testis -- Disorders of male external genitalia: circumcision -- Disorders of the female external genitalia -- Disorders of elimination: voiding dysfunction -- Disorders of elimination: nocturnal enuresis -- Disorders of elimination: constipation -- Hematuria and proteinuria -- Abdominal pain: urological aspects -- External angular dermoid and pilomatrixoma -- Neck swellings/lumps: midline neck swellings -- Neck swellings/lumps: lateral neck lumps -- Neck swellings/lumps: torticollis -- Umbilical disorders -- Surgical aspects of abdominal pain -- Approach to abdominal masses -- Gastro-esophageal reflux disease -- Rectal bleeding -- Intestinal obstruction -- Unique considerations in the neonate and infant: bile-stained vomiting in the neonate -- Unique considerations in the neonate and infant: pyloric stenosis -- Unique considerations in the neonate and infant: intussusception -- Hemangioma and lymphangioma.
- Guide to pharmaceutical particulate science 2003, CRCnetBASEParticulate systems: manufacture and characterization -- Sampling and measurement biases -- Particle size descriptors and statistics -- Behavior of particles -- Instrumental analysis -- Methods of particle size measurement and their importance for specific applications (instrument synergy) -- Particle size behavior and physical behavior of a powder -- Clinical effect of pharmaceutical particulate systems.
- Guide to protein purification. 2nd ed. 2009, ScienceDirect
- Guide to research techniques in neuroscience 2010, ScienceDirectWhole brain imaging -- Animal behavior -- Stereotaxic surgeries and in vivo techniques -- Electrophysiology -- Microscopy -- Visualizing nervous system structure -- Visualizing nervous system function -- Identifying genes and proteins of interest -- Molecular cloning and recombinant DNA technology -- Gene delivery strategies -- Making and using transgenic organisms -- Manipulating endogenous genes -- Cell culture techniques -- Biochemical assays and intracellular signaling.
- Guide to ship sanitation. 3rd ed. 2011, WHO"... presents the public health significance of ships in terms of disease and highlights the importance of applying appropriate control measures"--Back cover.
- Guide to signal pathways in immune cells 2009, Springer
- Guide to targeted therapies EGFR mutations in NSCLC 2014, SpringerGuide to Targeted Therapies: EGFR Mutations in NSCLC is a speedy and up-to-date review, which discusses EGFR mutations, testing methods and technology, current and emerging therapies, and resources that clinicians can provide to their patients. Busy healthcare professionals who want a quick review of EGFR gene mutations as well as a summary of current therapies will benefit from this succinct guide.
- Guide to techniques in glycobiology ScienceDirect
- Guide to techniques in mouse development ScienceDirect
- Guide to techniques in mouse development. Part A, Mice, embryos, and cells. 2nd ed. 2010, ScienceDirect
- Guide to techniques in mouse development. Part B, Mouse molecular genetics 2010, ScienceDirect
- Guide to the de-identification of personal health information 2013, CRCnetBASE"Foreword Personal health information comprises the most sensitive and intimate details of one's life, such as those relating to one's physical or mental health, and the health history of one's family. Intuitively, we understand the importance of protecting health information in order to ensure the confidentiality of such personal data and the privacy of the individual to whom it relates. Personal health information must also be accurate, complete, and accessible to health care practitioners in order to provide individuals with necessary health care. At a broader level, for secondary uses that go beyond the treatment of the individual, health-related data are needed for the benefit of society as a whole. These vitally important secondary uses include activities to improve the quality of care, health research, and the management of publicly funded health care systems. As the information and privacy commissioner of Ontario, Canada, my role includes the oversight of health privacy legislation governing the collection, use, and disclosure of personal health information by organizations and individuals involved in the delivery of health care services. Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA) aims to respect an individual's right to privacy in relationship to his or her own personal health information while accommodating the legitimate need to access health information for well-defined purposes. PHIPA does this in part by establishing clear rules for the use and disclosure of personal health information for secondary purposes. The object of these rules is to maximize the benefits of both respecting personal privacy and making health information accessible for purposes that serve society as a whole"--Provided by publisher.
- Guide to the primary care of neurological disorders. 2nd ed. 2008, Thieme Book
- Guide to yeast genetics functional genomics, proteomics, and other systems analysis. 2nd ed. 2010, ScienceDirect
- 1. Introduction -- 2. A conceptual framework for implementing the Guidelines -- 3. Health-based targets -- 4. Water safety plans -- 5. Surveillance -- 6. Application of the Guidelines in specific circumstances -- 7. Microbial aspects -- 8. Chemical aspects -- 9. Radiological aspects -- 10. Acceptability aspects: Taste, odour and appearance -- 11. Microbial fact sheets -- 12. Chemical fact sheets.
- Guidelines for molecular analysis in archive tissues 2011, Springer
- Guidelines for reports by autopsy pathologists 2008, SpringerAutopsy protocol -- Opinion reports -- Other reports -- Style -- Death certification -- Record retention.
- Guidelines for the programmatic management of drug-resistant tuberculosis Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Guidelines for the programmatic management of drug-resistant tuberculosis [emergency update 2008].. Emergency update, 2008. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- These guidelines review the use of medicines such as methadone, buprenorphine, naltrexone and clonidine in combination with psychosocial support in the treatment of people dependent on heroin or other opioids. Based on systematic reviews of the literature and using the GRADE approach to determining evidence quality, the guidelines contain specific recommendations on the range of issues faced in organizing treatment systems, managing treatment programs and in treating people dependent on opioids.--back cover
- Guidelines for the treatment of malaria Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Introduction -- Clinical disease and epidemiology -- Objectives of treatment -- Resistance to antimalarial medicines -- Antimalarial treatment policy -- Diagnosis of malaria -- Treatment of uncomplicated P. falciparum malaria -- Treatment of severe falciparum malaria -- Treatment of malaria caused by P. vivax, P. ovale or P. malariae -- Mixed malaria infections -- Complex emergencies and epidemics -- Case management in the context of malaria elimination -- Mass drug administration.
- Guidelines for trauma quality improvement programmes Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Guides casebook cases to accompany Guides to the evaluation of permanent impairment, sixth edition. 3rd ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Guides to the evaluation of permanent impairment. 6th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material"The emphasis of this edition is on expanding the spectrum of diagnoses recognized in impairment rating. It is desigend to encourage attention to and documentation of functional consequences of the impairment as a part of each physician's detailed history"--Provided by publisher.
- ch. 1. Introduction -- ch. 2. Genetically modified foods -- ch. 3. DNA data banking -- ch. 4. Personalized medicine -- ch. 5. Stem Cells -- ch. 6. Conclusion.
- Guiding neurosurgery by evidence 2006, KargerEvidence-based medicine for neurosurgeons: introduction and methodology / M.E. Linskey -- Evaluation of epidemiologic evidence for primary adult brain tumor risk factors using evidence-based medicine / J.L. Fisher ... [et al.] -- Benign adult brain tumors: an evidence-based medicine review / M. Aghi, F.G. Barker, II -- Pediatric neurosurgery / C.O. Maher, A.A. Cohen-Gadol, C. Raffel -- Cerebrovascular-endovascular / K.M. Cockroft, R.H. Rosenwasser -- Evidence-based guidelines in lumbar spine surgery / D.K. Resnick, M.C. Groff -- Spine: minimally invasive techniques / P.C. Gerszten, W.C. Welch -- An evidence-based medicine review of stereotactic radiosurgery / B.E. Pollock -- Evidenced-based guidelines for traumatic brain injuries / D.W. Marion -- Treatment of chronic pain with neurostimulation / J.K. Birknes, A. Sharan, A.R. Rezai.
- Gulf War and health v. 1-4, 2000-2006., NAPFulltext (v. 2) NAPFulltext (v. 3) NAPFulltext (v. 4) NAPv. 1. Depleted uranium, pyridostigmine bromide, sarin, and vaccines -- v. 2. Insecticles and solvents -- v. 3. Fuels, combustion products, and propellants -- v. 4. Health effects of serving in the Gulf War.
- Gulya and Schuknecht's Anatomy of the temporal bone with surgical implications. 3rd ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialSerial photographs of sections of the temporal bones -- The pinna and external auditory canal -- The middle ear -- Pneumatization -- The inner ear -- Neuroanatomy -- Vascular anatomy -- Stereoscopic views of the temporal bone -- Phylogeny and embryology.
- Gut-associated lymphoid tissues 2006, SpringerRole of innate immune system and host-commensal mutualism / S. Rakoff-Nahoum and R. Medzhitov -- Molecular networks orchestrating GALT development / D. Finke and D. Meier -- Lymphoid tissue inducer cells in intestinal immunity / I.I. Ivanov, G.E. Diehl, and D.R. Littman -- Specificity and plasticity of memory lymphocyte migration / J. Rodrigo Mora and U.H. von Adrian -- IgA adaptation to the presence of commensal bacteria in the intestine / A. J. Macpherson -- Intestinal IgA synthesis : a primitive form of adaptive immunity that regulates microbial communities in the gut / S. Fagarasan -- B cell recruitment and selection in mouse GALT germinal centers / S. Casola and K. Rajewsky -- Structural insights into antibody-mediated mucosal immunity / A.E. Hamburger, P.J. Bjorkman, and A.B. Herr.
- Guyton and Hall Textbook of medical physiology. 12th ed. 2011, ClinicalKeyThis textbook covers the essentials of human physiology and aims to describe complex physiologic principles in language that is easy to read and understand. The content is arranged in 14 units and 84 chapters. It includes new illustrations in color.
- GW572016 In Patients With ErbB2 Over - Expressing Advanced Or Metastatic Breast Cancer [report of unpublished results of a clinical trial] 2011, NIHThis study (EGF104911) is designed to evaluate the efficacy and safety of lapatinib in patients with advanced or metastatic breast cancer. Eligible subjects must have ErbB2 overexpressing tumors and are refractory to treatment with anthracycline, taxanes and trastuzumab containing regimens. The study data obtained from EGF104911 will be combined with the data from EGF100642 and integrated analysis will be carried out in order to enhance the credibility of the study results.
- Gynaecology. 4th ed. 2011, ClinicalKeySurgical anatomy -- Hysteroscopy -- Laparoscopy -- Diathermy and lasers -- Imaging techniques in gynaecology -- One-stop gynaecology: the role of ultrasound in the acute gynaecological patient -- Preoperative care -- Principles of surgery and management of intraoperative complications -- Postoperative care -- Hormones: their action and measurement in gynaecological practice -- Biosynthesis of steroid hormones -- Principles and new developments in molecular biology -- Sexual differentiation: normal and abnormal -- Disorders of puberty -- Control of hypothalamic-pituitary-ovarian function -- Amenorrhoea, oligomenorrhoea and hypothalamic-pituitary dysfunction -- Ovulation induction -- Polycystic ovary syndrome -- Fertilization to implantation -- Disorders and investigation of female reproduction -- Disorders of male reproduction -- Assisted reproduction treatments -- Sporadic and recurrent miscarriage -- Tubal disease -- Ectopic pregnancy -- Hirsutism and virilization -- Premenstrual syndrome -- Menopause -- Fertility control -- Psychosexual medicine -- Menstruation and menstrual disorders -- Uterine fibroids -- Endometriosis -- Epidemiology of gynaecological cancer -- The genetics and molecular biology of gynaecological cancer -- Principles of radiotherapy and chemotherapy -- Novel therapies in gynaecological cancer -- Premalignant disease of the genital tract -- Cancer of the uterine cervix -- Benign disease of the vulva and the vagina -- Malignant disease of the vulva and vagina -- Malignant disease of the uterus -- Gestational trophoblastic tumours -- Benign tumours of the ovary -- Carcinoma of the ovary and fallopian tube -- Benign disease of the breast -- Malignant disease of the breast -- Supportive care for gynaecological cancer patients: Psychological and emotional aspects -- Classification of urogynaecological disorders -- The mechanism of continence -- Urodynamic investigations -- Urethral sphincter incompetence: stress incontinence -- The overactive bladder syndrome -- Voiding difficulty -- Pelvic organ prolapse -- Frequency, urgency and the painful bladder -- Fistulae -- Urinary tract infection -- Lower intestinal tract disease -- Sexual dysfunction in urogynaecology -- Chronic pelvic pain -- Pelvic inflammatory disease -- Non-HIV sexually transmitted infections -- Human immunodeficiency syndrome -- Forensic gynaecology -- Violence against women -- Lesbian and bisexual women's health issues -- Evidence-based care in gynaecology.
- Gynecologic cancer 2006, SpringerMultidisciplinary care of patients with gynecologic cancers / David M. Gershenson ... [et al.] -- Prevention and early detection of endometrial and ovarian cancers / Karen H. Lu -- Preinvasive disease of the lower genital tract / Andrea Milbourne -- Selected topics in gynecologic pathology / Anais Malpica, Michael T. Deavers, and Elvio G. Silva -- Imaging of gynecologic malignancies / Revathy Iyer -- Contemporary treatment of vaginal and vulvar cancers / Patricia J. Eifel and Thomas W. Burke -- Treatment of early cervical cancer / Charles F. Levenback -- Treatment of locally advanced cervical cancer / Anuja Jhingran, Patricia J. Eifel, and Pedro T. Ramirez -- Uterine sarcomas / Lois M. Ramondetta ... [et al.] -- Treatment of endometrial cancer / Lois M. Ramondetta ... [et al.] -- Surgery for ovarian cancer / Judith K. Wolf and J. Taylor Wharton -- Chemotherapy for epithelial ovarian cancer / Michele L. Donato ... [et al.] -- Treatment of rare ovarian malignancies / Jubilee Brown and David M. Gershenson -- Gestational trophoblastic disease / Hui T. See ... [et al.] -- Fertility-sparing options for treatment of women with gynecologic cancers / Pedro T. Ramirez -- Quality of life and sexual functioning / Diane C. Bodurka and Charlotte C. Sun -- Palliative care for gynecologic malignancies / Florian Strasser, Michael W. Bevers, and Eduardo Bruera.
- Gynecologic imaging 2011, ClinicalKeySection 1. Imaging techniques, pitfalls, and normal anatomy -- section 2. Pelvic pain -- section 3. Abnormal bleeding -- section 4. Infertility -- section 5. First-trimester pregnancy complications -- section 6. Postpartum complications -- section 7. Characterization of the adnexal mass -- section 8. Gynecologic cancer -- section 9. Pediatric imaging -- section 10. Interventional radiology in gynecology.
- Gynecologic oncology a pocketbook 2015, SpringerDuring this age of advanced technology, there is an incredible amount of dynamic literature surrounding the diagnosis and treatment of gynecologic cancers. Despite this information surplus, house officers and junior faculty studying gynecologic oncology indicate a need for a reliable, easily accessible, streamlined resource for everyday use. Gynecologic Oncology: A Pocketbook is a collaborative effort that combines the perspectives of expert faculty and fellows in training in the field of gynecologic oncology. Not only is it incredibly portable, but the format in which the information is presented (bullet point, outline, tables and diagrams) allows for rapid access to valuable information and is unique amongst existing texts. This distinct pocketbook will provide the information needed to care for patients with gynecologic malignancies appropriately and will promote critical thinking throughout treatment.
- This new title in the Foundations in Diagnostic Pathology series offers today's most essential gynecologic pathology know-how in a compact, high-yield format! For each pathologic entity examined, you'll find discussions of clinical features, pathologic features (gross and microscopic), as well as ancillary studies, differential diagnosis, and prognostic and therapeutic considerations. The text's pragmatic, well-organized approach, complemented by abundant full-color, high-quality illustrations and at-a-glance tables, makes it easy for you to access the information you need to quickly and accurately identify pathology specimens. The result is a practical, affordable resource for study and review as well as for everyday clinical reference. Covers both neoplastic and non-neoplastic conditions of the female reproductive tract to equip you to meet a wide range of diagnostic challenges. Uses a consistent, user-friendly format to explore each entity's clinical features ; pathologic features (gross and microscopic) ; ancillary studies ; differential diagnoses ; and prognostic and therapeutic considerations, making it easy to locate specific information on a particular entity. Features abundant boxes and tables throughout, enhancing the presentation and accessibility of the material. Offers hundreds of full-color, high-quality illustrations that demonstrate the key features of a wide variety of pathologic lesions to facilitate greater accuracy in identification of specimens.
- Imaging of gynecologic malignancies -- The use of sectional imaging with CT and MRI for image-guided therapy -- The physics of CT and MR imaging -- The use of positron emission tomographic imaging for image-guided therapy -- Image-guidance in external beam planning for locally advanced cervical cancer -- Physics perspectives on the role of 3D imaging -- Image-guided treatment planning and therapy in postoperative gynecologic malignancies -- The integrating of 3D imaging with conformal radiotherapy for vulvar and vaginal cancer -- Adaptive contouring of the target volume and organs at risk -- Clinical aspects of treatment planning -- Radiobiological aspects of brachytherapy in the era of 3D imaging -- Physics for image-guided brachytherapy -- Australia: Peter Maccullum Cancer Center, Melbourne -- Austria: Medical University of Vienna, Vienna -- Belgium: University Hospital, Leuven -- Denmark: Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus -- France: Institut Gustave-Roussy, Paris -- Great Britain: Mount Vernon Cancer Center, Middlesex -- India: Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai -- The Netherlands: University Medical Center, Utrecht -- USA: Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women's Cancer Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston -- USA: Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee -- Postoperative vaginal cylinder brachytherapy in an era of 3D imaging -- Image-based approaches to interstitial brachytherapy -- Outcomes related to the disease and the use of 3D-based external beam radiation and image-guided brachytherapy -- Morbidity related to the use of 3D-based external beam radiation and image-guided brachytherapy.
- Gynecologic ultrasound : a problem-based approach 2014, ClinicalKeyFor pelvic symptoms, ultrasound is the initial imaging modality of choice in today's cost-conscious climate. Employing a practical, problem-based approach Gynecologic Ultrasound is the only medical reference that provides a stepwise method in the diagnosis of gynecological abnormalities. Abundantly illustrated and easily accessible, it is an ideal resource for a clinical setting. Expedite and confirm diagnosis of gynecological abnormalities. An easily accessible format-organized by both entity and differential diagnosis-facilitates searches and zeroing in on the one correct entity. Master the nuances of using ultrasound through the visual instruction of more than 600 clear images including 3D and Doppler - important and necessary tools for pelvic ultrasound. Glean all essential, up-to-date, need-to-know information about Mullerian Duct Abnormality, Endometriosis, Ovarian cancer, and Uterine Sarcoma as well as normal pelvic ultrasound and common normal variants. Consult this reference where and when you need it at Expert Consult.
- Gynecological and Breast Cytopathology Board Review and Self-Assessment is a comprehensive systems-based review of gynecological and breast cytology including cytomorphology, pitfalls and ancillary studies. Presented in a high-yield format with board-type multiple choice questions and detailed answers, this review includes chapters covering Pap smear cytology, colposcopy, breast FNA, and Pelvic washings. The book is also enriched with features to maximize studying and reviewing of cytopathology, including high-yield review with tables emphasizing key points, board exam-type questions, and high quality full-color images. Written by cytologists and cytopathologists with experience in the practice of modern cytology, as well as intensive teaching experience at national and international levels. Gynecological and Breast Cytopathology Board Review and Self-Assessment provides an excellent review, resource, and self-assessment for pathologists, cytopathologists, cytotechnologists, and trainees preparing for board examinations.
- Gynecological imaging a reference guide to diagnosis 2013, SpringerThis book provides a detailed guide to the use and interpretation of color Doppler ultrasound, CT, and MR imaging in patients with gynecological disorders. The advantages and limitations of each modality in imaging different pathologies are clearly presented, and advice is provided on the most appropriate option when ultrasound does not permit a definite diagnosis or fails to determine the precise extension of a lesion. Throughout, emphasis is placed on the importance of microscopic and macroscopic findings for a full understanding of the radiological appearances, and relevant points from the basic sciences are also highlighted. Special attention is paid to issues of differential diagnosis and imaging results that are characteristic of a particular type of lesion. The authors are recognized experts in the field who draw upon their considerable experience to provide an up-to-date reference book highly relevant to everyday clinical practice.
View by page
- G protein coupled receptors Trafficking and oligomerization. 1st ed. — Genetic and molecular epidemiology of multiple myeloma (131)
- Genetic basis for respiratory control disorders — Ghrelin system (131)
- Ghrelin. 1st ed. — Grand challenge for the future vaccines for poverty-related diseases from bench to field (131)
- Grant application writer's handbook. 4th ed. — Gynecological imaging a reference guide to diagnosis (128)
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Access restricted to Stanford community
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
Can't find it?
Look if we have it in print
- Springer Protocols
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Large number of high quality software and database programming titles from O'Reilly. Other software titles are also available from Sams and Prentice Hall. Limited to 7 concurrent users.Vast collection of software and database programming titles from multiple publishers, including Microsoft Press.Largest provider of engineering-related eBooks; includes titles in computer science and biomedical engineering.Over 4,000 full-text e-books covering scientific and technical information from CRC Press and others. Many handbooks and single volume reference sources.A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more. Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.Includes peer-reviewed life science and biomedical research protocols compiled from Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods in Molecular Medicine, Methods in Biotechnology, Methods in Pharmacology and Toxicology, Neuromethods, the Biomethods Handbook, the Proteomics Handbook, and Springer Laboratory Manuals.Contains full text access to selected biomedical and nursing books.Provides one-click access to important clinical resources; includes evidence-based diagnosis and treatment guidelines, Books, EBM articles, Ovid MEDLINE, Drug facts and comparisons, Drug interaction facts, guidelines from National Guideline Clearinghouse, patient handouts (English and Spanish), and local content.ClinicalKey provides access to textbooks, electronic journals, practice guidelines, drug information, and patient education handouts.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.Provides online, full-text access to Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers. Subjects include: life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics and astronomy, engineering and economics. Also includes eBooks.Collection of over 8 thousand fulltext titles in engineering, math, and basic and applied biomedical research. Coverage is from 1967 to the present.A library of ebooks on a wide array of topics, digitized and made available online in conjunction with the original publishers.