- G protein coupled receptors Trafficki...
- — Genetic code and the origin of life ....
- Genetic control of neuronal migration...
- — Getting started with MATLAB® 7. Versi...
- Getting started with signal processin...
- — Grant's Dissector. 13th ed. ............
- Grant's Dissector.. 14th ed. ...........
- — Gynecology and obstetrics. 2004 ed. ....
- The back -- The upper limb -- The thorax -- The abdomen -- The pelvis and perineum -- The lower limb -- The head and neck.
- Graphics and GUIs with MATLAB. 3rd ed. 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Grassroots coalitions and state policy change 2011, ebraryOrganizational pathways to political incorporation : the role of coalitions -- Immigrant political power : claims-making coalitions and policy outcomes -- Research design for theory and practice -- Massachusetts and California : 2004-2007 -- Organizational analysis : process and outcomes -- Immigrant organizations and policy change : the future role of coalitions.
- Gray's Anatomy Fulltext
- Introduction -- "Not everything that stinks kills" : odors and germs on the streets of Paris, 1880 -- The sanitarian's legacy, or how health became public -- Taxonomies of transmission : local etiologies and the equivocal triumph of germ theory -- Putting germ theory into practice -- Toward a cleaner and healthier republic -- Odors and "infection," 1880 and beyond -- The legacy of the twentieth century.
- Greater than the sum 2007, NCI
- Greek medicine from Hippocrates to Galen SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.This volume makes available for the first time in English translation a selection of Jacques Jouanna's papers on medicine in the Graeco-Roman world. The papers cover more than thirty years of Jouanna's scholarship and range from the early beginnings of Greek medicine to late antiquity. Part One studies the ways in which Greek medicine is related to its historical and cultural background (politics, rhetoric, drama, religion). Part Two studies a number of salient features of Hippocratic medicine, such as dietetics, theories of health and disease and concepts of psychosomatic interaction, in relation to Greek philosophical thought. Part Three studies the reception of Hippocratic medicine, especially medical ethics and the theory of the four humours, in Galen and in late antiquity.
- Green fluorescent protein 2002, Springer Protocols
- Green tea 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Green's Operative hand surgery. 5th ed. v. 1-2, 2005.
- Green's Operative hand surgery. 6th ed. v. 1-2, 2011.
- Greenfield's Neuropathology. 8th ed. v. 1-2, 2008.
- Greenfield's Surgery. 5th ed. 2011, Ovid"The Fifth Edition of Greenfield's Surgery has been thoroughly revised, updated, and refocused to conform to changes in surgical education and practice. Reflecting the increasingly clinical emphasis of residency programs, this edition features expanded coverage of clinical material and increased use of clinical algorithms. Key Points open each chapter, and icons in the text indicate where Key Points are fully discussed. Many of the black-and-white images from the previous edition have been replaced by full-color images"--Provided by publisher.
- Greenspan's Basic & clinical endocrinology 2011 (9th ed.)., AccessMedicine
- Attachment, loss, and the experience of grief -- Understanding the mourning process -- The mourning process: mediators of mourning -- Grief counseling: facilitating uncomplicated grief -- Abnormal grief reactions: complicated mourning -- Grief therapy: resolving complicated mourning -- Grieving special types of losses -- Grief and family systems -- The counselor's own grief -- Training for grief counseling.
- Gross anatomy 2011, AccessMedicineBack -- Thorax -- Abdomen, Pelvis and Perineum -- Head -- Neck -- Upper Limb -- Lower Limb.
- Presents detailed information and diagrams about human anatomy, with review questions and answers, and a comprehensive examination.
- Back -- Thorax -- Abdomen -- Pelvis and perineum -- Lower extremity -- Upper extremity -- Neck -- Head.
- Grosse Reuter 2005, SpringerDeutsch-Englisch -- Englisch-Deutsch.
- Group B coxsackieviruses 2008, SpringerCoxsackie B viruses: an introduction / B.W. Mahy -- Coxsackieviruses and quasispecies theory: evolution of enteroviruses / E. Domingo ... [et al.] -- Comparative genomics of the coxsackie B viruses and related enteroviruses / M.S. Oberste -- Group B coxsackievirus virulence / S. Tracy and C. Gauntt -- The coxsackievirus and adenovirus receptor / P. Freimuth, L. Philipson and S.D. Carson -- Coxsackievirus B RNA replication: lessons from poliovirus / P. Sean and B.L. Semler -- CVB translation: lessons from the polioviruses / J.M. Bonderoff and R.E. Lloyd -- Preferential coxsackievirus replication in proliferating/activated cells: implications for virus tropism, persistence, and pathogenesis / R. Feuer and J.L. Whitton -- The impact of CVB3 infection on host cell biology / D. Marchant ... [et al.] -- Host immune responses to coxsackievirus B3 / S. Huber -- Pediatric group B coxsackievirus infections / J.R. Romero -- CVB-induced pancreatitis and alterations in gene expression / A.I. Ramsingh -- The CVB and etiology of type 1 diabetes / K.M. Drescher and S.M. Tracy -- Persistent coxsackievirus infection: enterovirus persistence in chronic myocarditis and dilated cardiomyopathy / N.M. Chapman and K.S. Kim -- Autoimmunity in coxsackievirus infection / N.R. Rose -- CVB infection and mechanisms of viral cardiomyopathy / K.U. Knowlton.
- Growing spine 2011, Springer
- Growth and lactogenic hormones 2002, ScienceDirect
- Growth factors and their receptors in cell differentiation, cancer and cancer therapy. 1st ed. 2011, ScienceDirectRecent years have seen a considerable emphasis on growth factors and the elucidation of their mode of function, which has led to the recognition that growth factors, their receptors as well as downstream elements of signalling associated with their function might be potential targets in therapeutic management of human diseases. Humanised monoclonal antibodies raised against growth factor receptors have proved to be valuable for targeted cancer treatment and in patient management. This book reviews the latest developments providing insights into the signalling processes involved in morphogenesis and pathogenesis with emphasis on using the elements of the signalling cascades as targets for therapeutic deployment. Provides a fundamental understanding of the basic functions of growth factors and their receptors, describing how they are linked in biological processes. Aids the development of therapeutic treatments for cancer. Focuses on the interrelationships and convergence of growth factors and their receptors in development and pathogenesis and encourages greater cooperation and integration in the areas of developmental, cancer and cancer therapeutic research.
- Growth hormone deficiency in adults 2005, KargerClinical aspects of growth hormone deficiency in adults: an overview / Jørgensen, J.O.L., Christiansen, J.S. -- Epidemiology of adult growth hormone deficiency: prevalence, incidence, mortality and morbidity / Erfurth, E.M. -- Hypopituitarism following traumatic brain injury / Popovic, V. ... [et al.] -- IGF-I measurements: epidemiological and clinical aspects / Juul, A. -- Diagnosis of growth hormone deficiency / Fisker, S., Andersen, M., Orskov, H. -- Clinical monitoring of growth hormone replacement in adults / Gibney, J., Johannsson, G. -- Consequences of growth hormone deficiency for intermediary metabolism and effects of replacement / Norrelund, H. -- Skeletal and cardiac muscle in adults with growth hormone deficiency / Cuneo, R.C., Wallace, J.D. -- Bone metabolism and growth hormone deficiency: experimental and clinical aspects / Ueland, T., Bollerslev, J. -- Growth hormone and fluid homeostasis / Moller, J. -- Growth hormone and body composition / Mersebach, H., Feldt-Rasmussen, U. -- Effects of growth hormone deficiency and growth hormone treatment on quality of life in growth hormone-deficient adults / Arwert, L.I., Berend Deijen, J., Drent, M.L. -- Safety aspects of growth hormone replacement / Waterhouse, M., Monson, J.P.
- Growth hormone related diseases and therapy 2011, Springer
- Basic physiology of the growth hormone/insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-axis / Laura M. Frago and Julie A. Chowen -- Experimental models for understanding the role of insulin-like growth factor-I and its receptor during development / Jose Luis Trejo, Eva Carro, and Deborah J. Burke -- Insulin-like growth factor binding proteins in development / Josef V. Silha and Liam J. Murphy -- Growth hormone, insulin-like growth factors, and the female reproductive system / Carolyn A. Bondy and Jian Zhou -- Skeletal muscle / Ana M. Fernandez and Derek LeRoith -- Cardiovascular and respiratory systems / Åsa Tivesten and Jörgen Isgaard -- Hematopoiesis / Wilson Savino, Salete Smaniotto, and Mireille Dardenne -- Brain development / Gregory J. Popken ... [et al.] -- Regulation of vertebrate sensory organ development : a scenario for growth hormone and insulin-like growth factors action / Amelia Diaz-Casares ... [et al.] -- Role of insulin-like growth factors in neuronal plasticity and neuroprotection / Ignacio Torres Alemán -- Aging and life span / Holly M. Brown-Borg -- Interactions of insulin-like growth factor-I and estrogen in the brain / Pablo Mendez, Gloria Patricia Cardona-Gomez, and Luis Miguel García-Segura -- Cancer / Adda Grimberg -- Genetic basis of proportional short stature / Ángel Campos-Barros, Karen E. Heath, Jesús Argente -- Future perspectives : from stem cells and IGF biology to the clinic / Yvan Arsenijevic.
- Growth of the pediatric skeleton 2008, Springer
- Growth, differentiation and sexuality. 2nd ed. 2006, Springer
- GTPase protocols 2002, Springer Protocols
- GTPases regulating membrane dynamics 2005, ScienceDirect
- GTPases regulating membrane targeting and fusion 2005, ScienceDirect
- Gua sha. 2nd edition. 2013, ScienceDirect
- Guidance molecules in cancer and tumor angiogenesis 2012, ScienceDirect
- "Incorporates new scientific information on common laboratory animals, including aquatic species, and includes extensive references. Provides a framework for the judgments required in the management of animal facilities. This updated and expanded resource of proven value will be important to scientists and researchers, veterinarians, animal care personnel, facilities managers, institutional administrators, policy makers involved in research issues, and animal welfare advocates."--Publisher's description (excerpt).
- The changes and new material in this seventh edition incorporate recent research on commonly used species, including farm animals in keeping with the belief that the Guide is subject to modification with changing conditions and new information. Also covers institutional policies and responsibilities, animal environment, husbandry, and management, veterinary care, and physical plant.
- Introduction to DNA Microarray Technology, p. 1-22 -- Overview of Data Analysis, p. 23-24 -- Image Analysis, p. 25-31 -- Basic Data Analysis, p. 33-53 -- Visualization by Reduction of Dimensionality, p. 55-62 -- Cluster Analysis, p. 63-76 -- Beyond Cluster Analysis, p. 77-82 -- Automated Analysis, Integrated Analysis, and Systems Biology, p. 83-88 -- Reverse Engineering of Regulatory Networks, p. 89-100 -- Molecular Classifiers, p. 101-110 -- The Design of Probes for Arrays, p. 111-117 -- Genotyping and Resequencing Chips, p. 119-122 -- Experiment Design and Interpretation of Results, p. 123-129 -- Software Issues and Data Formats, p. 131-140 -- Appendix A. Web Resources: Commercial Software Packages, p. 141-143.
- Guide to assessment scales in bipolar disorder. 2nd ed. 2010, Springer
- Guide to community preventive services Lane Catalog record
- Guide to culturally competent health care. 2nd ed. 2009, STAT!RefTranscultural diversity and health care -- The Purnell Model for cultural competence -- People of African American heritage -- People of Amish heritage -- People of Appalachian heritage -- People of Arabic heritage -- People of Bosnian heritage -- People of Chinese heritage -- People of Cuban heritage -- People of European American heritage -- People of Filipino heritage -- People of German heritage -- People of Greek heritage -- People of Haitian heritage -- People of Hindu heritage -- People of Hmong heritage -- People of Iranian heritage -- People of Irish heritage -- People of Italian heritage -- People of Japanese heritage -- People of Jewish heritage -- People of Korean heritage -- People of Mexican heritage -- People of Navajo Indian heritage -- People of Puerto Rican heritage -- People of Russian heritage -- People of Somali heritage -- People of Turkish heritage -- People of Vietnamese heritage -- Materials on Davisplus -- People of Brazilian heritage ; People of Egyptian heritage ; Diagram of the Purnell Model for cultural competence -- Web sites of interest -- Evidence-based practice web sites.
- Guide to cytochrome P450 structure and function 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Computers and medical information elective at Texas A&M University / Gale G. Hannigan -- Instructional outreach and liaison to a veterinary medicine program at Washington State University / Sarah K. McCord, Vicki F. Croft -- Researching the evidence in physical therapy at the University of Missouri-Columbia / Rebecca S. Graves, Evan Prost, Yvette Silvey -- The librarian as partner in the development of the health care informatics curriculum at James Madison University / Jennifer McCabe -- Educating users of the health sciences library system at the University of Pittsburgh / Linda M. Hartman -- Hardin Library for the Health Sciences : experiencing change / Denise H. Britigan, Anne K. Gehringer -- Medical informatics intervention : teaching the teaching residents at Christiana Care Health System / Sharon Easterby-Gannett, Ellen Justice -- The librarian's role as information technology educator at the University of South Alabama / Justin Robertson -- Using computer-based case studies for developing information searching skills and implementing evidence-based medicine at Jefferson Medical College / Anthony J. Frisby, Daniel Kipnis --Education and e-learning at the William H. Welch Medical Library / Cynthia Sheffield, Jayne Campbell, Dongming Zhang -- An informatics course for first-year pharmacy students at the University of California, San Francisco / David J. Owen, Gail L. Persily, Patricia Babbitt -- Building an effective user education program : the medical librarian as coeducator at the University of the West Indies / Ernesta Greenidge, Meerabai Gosine-Boodoo -- Educational programs at the New York University College of Dentistry / Luis J. Gonzalez, Van B. Afes, Christopher Evjy -- Education services at the Health Sciences Library at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill / Julia Shaw-Kokot -- A month-long daily instruction curriculum for residents at the University of Pittsburgh : can intensive training make a difference? / Nancy Tannery ... [et al.] -- Health care informatics education at Stony Brook University : evolution of end-user education and mission redefinition for the academic health sciences library / Guillaume Van Moorsel -- Integrating medical informatics into the school of medicine curriculum at the University of California, San Francisco / Keir Reavie, Gail L. Persily, Kevin H. Souza -- Thinkpads, medical education, and the library at Wake Forest University / David C. Stewart.
- Guide to effective grant writing. 2nd ed. 2012, SpringerOverview: overall goals when writing grant applications -- Organization and use of this guide -- Preparing to write -- Types of NIH grants -- Anatomy of the NIH grant application -- Starting to write: planning the aims and overcoming writer's block -- Organization and writing style -- Figures and tables -- Specific aims -- Research strategy: significance -- Research strategy: innovation -- Research strategy: approach -- Bibliography and references cited -- Use of appendices -- Collaborators and consultants -- Training and career development grants -- Administrative sections and submission process -- Scoring process -- Resubmitting an application -- Non-NIH grants -- Conclusions.
- Guide to functional analytic psychotherapy 2009, Springer
- The practice of genetic counseling / Ann P. Walker -- The ultimate genetic tool : the family history / Jane L. Schuette and Robin L. Bennett -- Interviewing : beginning to see each other / Kathryn Spitzer Kim -- Thinking it all through : case preparation and management / Wendy R. Uhlmann -- Psychosocial counseling / Luba Djurdjinovic -- Patient education / Ann C.M. Smith and Toni I. Pollin -- Risk communication and decision making / Bonnie Jeanne Baty -- The medical genetics evaluation / Elizabeth M. Petty -- Understanding genetic testing / W. Andrew Faucett and Patricia A. Ward -- Medical documentation / Debra Lochner Doyle --Multicultural counseling / Gottfried Oosterwal -- Ethical and legal issues / Susan Schmerler -- Student supervision : strategies for providing direction, guidance, and support / Patricia McCarthy Veach and Bonnie S. LeRoy -- Genetic counseling research : understanding the basics / Beverly M. Yashar -- Professional identity and development / Elizabeth A. Gettig and Karen Greendale -- Genetic counselors as educators / Debra L. Collins and Joseph D. McInerney -- Evolving roles, expanding opportunities / Elizabeth A. Balkite and Maureen E. Smith -- Putting it all together : three case examples / Jane L. Schuette ... [et al.].
- Contents: Module 1: Water -- Module 2: Cleaning and Disinfection of Facilities
- Guide to MATLAB object-oriented programming 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Guide to MATLAB object-oriented programming SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.
- Guide to methods in the biomedical sciences 2005, Springer1. Detection and analysis of proteins -- 2. Detection and analysis of nucleic acids -- 3. Recombinant DNA techniques: cloning and manipulation of DNA -- 4. Antibody-based techniques -- 5. Microscopy: imaging of biological specimens -- 6. The derivation and manipulation of experimental animals in biomedical sciences.
- Guide to molecular cloning techniques ScienceDirect
- Guide to neonatal and pediatric ECGs 2013, SpringerElectrocardiography has an ever-expanding role in pediatric cardiology evaluation. The specific competencies required for its optimal use in this setting, however, generally lie beyond the expertise of cardiologists used to dealing with adults. This guide - the product of extensive practical experience in the field of pediatric cardiology - proposes a very simple method for reading neonatal and pediatric ECGs that is based on the application of straightforward criteria and permits the immediate recognition of normal and pathological patterns. The first part of the guide presents and describes this methodology and the parameters of normal pediatric ECGs, while the second part focuses on specific pediatric anomalies. More than 150 ECGs displaying both normal and pathologic findings are included, all of which have been collected from clinical practice and analyzed using the proposed method. This book will be an invaluable reference tool for all cardiologists who deal with newborns and children.
- Guide to neuropsychiatric therapeutics 2007, OvidApathy and related disorders of diminished motivation -- Delirium -- Cognitive impairment -- Global cognitive impairment : the dementias -- Disturbances of mood, affect, and emotion -- Anxiety -- Psychosis in neuropsychiatric disorders -- Nonepileptic seizures -- Parkinsonian movement disorders -- Hyperkinetic movement disorders -- Changes in personality -- Pain -- Sleep disorders -- Unexplained neuropsychiatric symptoms -- Intellectual disabilities of developmental onset -- Agitation and aggression -- Forensic neuropsychiatry -- Rational approach to brain imaging and electrophysiology.
- Guide to obesity and the metabolic syndrome 2011, CRCnetBASEOrigins of obesity in the scientific era : 1500 AD to the present -- Definitions, measurement, and prevalence -- Genetic, metabolic, and social origins of obesity -- Effects of obesity on health and metabolism -- Prevention, evaluation, and introduction to treatment -- Lifestyle, diet, & exercise : cognitive solutions -- Medications for obesity -- Surgery for obesity -- Post-script : obesity in the twenty first century.
- Preface --Introduction OCT principles and techniques --Pt. IOCT interpretation --Ch. 1Optical coherence tomography in retinal pathology --Ch. 2OCT interpretation --Ch. 3Retinal anatomy and OCT --Ch. 4Qualitative analysis of pathological OCT scans: morphology --Ch. 5Qualitative analysis of pathological OCT scans: reflectivity --Ch. 6Qualitative analysis of pathological OCT scans --Ch. 7Synthesis and deduction --Pt. IIPrinciple pathologies --Ch. 8Presence of fluid --Ch. 9Macular holes, macular pseudo-holes, epiretinal membranes, vitreomacular traction, retinoschisis, and retinal detachments --Ch. 10Diabetic retinopathy --Ch. 11Age-related macular degeneration --Pt. IIIGlaucoma --Ch. 12Retinal nerve fiber layer and the optic disc.
- Guide to pediatric urology and surgery in clinical practice 2011, SpringerUrinary tract infection: USA -- Urinary tract infection: United Kingdom -- Urinary tract infection: Europe -- Urinary tract infection: Australasia -- Abnormalities of the scrotum -- Disorders of male external genitalia: problems of the penis and foreskin -- Disorders of male external genitalia: hypospadias, epispadias, concealed penis, and urethral disorders -- Disorders of male external genitalia: undescended testis -- Disorders of male external genitalia: circumcision -- Disorders of the female external genitalia -- Disorders of elimination: voiding dysfunction -- Disorders of elimination: nocturnal enuresis -- Disorders of elimination: constipation -- Hematuria and proteinuria -- Abdominal pain: urological aspects -- External angular dermoid and pilomatrixoma -- Neck swellings/lumps: midline neck swellings -- Neck swellings/lumps: lateral neck lumps -- Neck swellings/lumps: torticollis -- Umbilical disorders -- Surgical aspects of abdominal pain -- Approach to abdominal masses -- Gastro-esophageal reflux disease -- Rectal bleeding -- Intestinal obstruction -- Unique considerations in the neonate and infant: bile-stained vomiting in the neonate -- Unique considerations in the neonate and infant: pyloric stenosis -- Unique considerations in the neonate and infant: intussusception -- Hemangioma and lymphangioma.
- Guide to peripheral and cerebrovascular intervention 2004, NCBI Bookshelf
- Guide to pharmaceutical particulate science 2003, CRCnetBASEParticulate systems: manufacture and characterization -- Sampling and measurement biases -- Particle size descriptors and statistics -- Behavior of particles -- Instrumental analysis -- Methods of particle size measurement and their importance for specific applications (instrument synergy) -- Particle size behavior and physical behavior of a powder -- Clinical effect of pharmaceutical particulate systems.
- Guide to protein purification. 2nd ed. 2009, ScienceDirect
- Guide to psychoanalytic developmental theories 2009, SpringerSigmund Freud (1856-1939) , publishing era (1888-1950) -- Ego psychological theories (1894-1970), publishing era (1917-1966) -- Anna Freud (1895-1982), publishing era (1922-1982) -- Rene Spitz (1887-1974), publishing era (1945-1974) -- Peter Blos (1904-1997), publishing era (1941-1998) -- Greenspan (1941-), publishing era, 1972 to present -- Object relations theories -- Melanie Klein (1882-1960), publishing era (1923-1960) -- Donald Winnicott (1896-1971), publishing era (1931-1971) -- Margaret Mahler (1897-1985), publisher era (1938-1980) -- Otto F. Kernberg (1928-), publishing era, 1963 to the present -- Life Cycle Theory -- Erik Erikson (1902-1994), publishing era (1937-1980) -- Interpersonal theory -- Harry Stack Sullivan (1892-1949), publishing era (1925-1947) -- Theories of the self -- Daniel Stern (1934-), publishing era, 1963 to the present -- Heinz Kohut (1913-1981), publishing era (1950-1984) -- Attachment theories -- Traditional attachment theories -- John Bowlby (1907-1990), publishing era (1952-1990) -- Mary Salter Ainsworth (1913-1999), publishing era (1951-1999) -- Neurodevelopmental attachment theories: the return to psychoanalysis -- Allen N. Schore (1943-), publishing era, 1991 to the present -- Peter Fonagy (1952-), publishing era, 1984 to the present.
- Guide to research techniques in neuroscience 2010, ScienceDirectWhole brain imaging -- Animal behavior -- Stereotaxic surgeries and in vivo techniques -- Electrophysiology -- Microscopy -- Visualizing nervous system structure -- Visualizing nervous system function -- Identifying genes and proteins of interest -- Molecular cloning and recombinant DNA technology -- Gene delivery strategies -- Making and using transgenic organisms -- Manipulating endogenous genes -- Cell culture techniques -- Biochemical assays and intracellular signaling.
- Guide to ship sanitation. 3rd ed. 2011, WHO"... presents the public health significance of ships in terms of disease and highlights the importance of applying appropriate control measures"--Back cover.
- Guide to signal pathways in immune cells 2009, Springer
- Guide to techniques in glycobiology ScienceDirect
- Guide to techniques in mouse development ScienceDirect
- Guide to techniques in mouse development. Part A, Mice, embryos, and cells. 2nd ed. 2010, ScienceDirect
- Guide to techniques in mouse development. Part B, Mouse molecular genetics 2010, ScienceDirect
- Guide to the de-identification of personal health information 2013, CRCnetBASE"Foreword Personal health information comprises the most sensitive and intimate details of one's life, such as those relating to one's physical or mental health, and the health history of one's family. Intuitively, we understand the importance of protecting health information in order to ensure the confidentiality of such personal data and the privacy of the individual to whom it relates. Personal health information must also be accurate, complete, and accessible to health care practitioners in order to provide individuals with necessary health care. At a broader level, for secondary uses that go beyond the treatment of the individual, health-related data are needed for the benefit of society as a whole. These vitally important secondary uses include activities to improve the quality of care, health research, and the management of publicly funded health care systems. As the information and privacy commissioner of Ontario, Canada, my role includes the oversight of health privacy legislation governing the collection, use, and disclosure of personal health information by organizations and individuals involved in the delivery of health care services. Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA) aims to respect an individual's right to privacy in relationship to his or her own personal health information while accommodating the legitimate need to access health information for well-defined purposes. PHIPA does this in part by establishing clear rules for the use and disclosure of personal health information for secondary purposes. The object of these rules is to maximize the benefits of both respecting personal privacy and making health information accessible for purposes that serve society as a whole"--Provided by publisher.
- Guide to the primary care of neurological disorders. 2nd ed. 2008, Thieme Book
- Guide to yeast genetics. 2nd ed. 2010, ScienceDirect
- Why collect injury data using a community survey -- Planning and organizing the survey -- Sampling methodologies -- Data collection -- Preparing for data collection -- Conducting the field work -- Ethical aspects of conducting a survey -- Data entry and analysis -- Using survey results to guide injury prevention programmes and public health action.
- Guidelines for drinking-water quality. 3rd ed. v. 1, 2004, 2006.v. 1. Recommendations -- Addendum to v. 1.
- 1. Introduction -- 2. A conceptual framework for implementing the Guidelines -- 3. Health-based targets -- 4. Water safety plans -- 5. Surveillance -- 6. Application of the Guidelines in specific circumstances -- 7. Microbial aspects -- 8. Chemical aspects -- 9. Radiological aspects -- 10. Acceptability aspects: Taste, odour and appearance -- 11. Microbial fact sheets -- 12. Chemical fact sheets.
- Executive summary -- Orientation to the Essential Trauma Care Project -- Essential trauma services: needs of the injured patient -- Inputs needed to achieve essential trauma services -- Guidelines for essential trauma care -- Methods for promoting essential trauma care services -- References -- Detailed list of equipment and services for airway management -- Composition of typical trauma team -- Detailed list of individuals and groups involved in development of Guidlines for essential trauma care.
- Guidelines for molecular analysis in archive tissues 2011, Springer
- Guidelines for process hazards analysis, hazards identification and risk analysis. 1st ed. 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Guidelines for reports by autopsy pathologists 2008, SpringerAutopsy protocol -- Opinion reports -- Other reports -- Style -- Death certification -- Record retention.
- Guidelines for safe recreational water environments v. 1-2, 2003-06.v. 1. Coastal and fresh waters -- v. 2. Swimming pools and similar environments.
- These guidelines review the use of medicines such as methadone, buprenorphine, naltrexone and clonidine in combination with psychosocial support in the treatment of people dependent on heroin or other opioids. Based on systematic reviews of the literature and using the GRADE approach to determining evidence quality, the guidelines contain specific recommendations on the range of issues faced in organizing treatment systems, managing treatment programs and in treating people dependent on opioids.--back cover
- Introduction -- Clinical disease and epidemiology -- Objectives of treatment -- Resistance to antimalarial medicines -- Antimalarial treatment policy -- Diagnosis of malaria -- Treatment of uncomplicated P. falciparum malaria -- Treatment of severe falciparum malaria -- Treatment of malaria caused by P. vivax, P. ovale or P. malariae -- Mixed malaria infections -- Complex emergencies and epidemics -- Case management in the context of malaria elimination -- Mass drug administration.
- "The emphasis of this edition is on expanding the spectrum of diagnoses recognized in impairment rating. It is desigend to encourage attention to and documentation of functional consequences of the impairment as a part of each physician's detailed history"--Provided by publisher.
- Guiding Icarus 2002, Wileych. 1. Introduction -- ch. 2. Genetically modified foods -- ch. 3. DNA data banking -- ch. 4. Personalized medicine -- ch. 5. Stem Cells -- ch. 6. Conclusion.
- Guiding neurosurgery by evidence 2006, KargerEvidence-based medicine for neurosurgeons: introduction and methodology / M.E. Linskey -- Evaluation of epidemiologic evidence for primary adult brain tumor risk factors using evidence-based medicine / J.L. Fisher ... [et al.] -- Benign adult brain tumors: an evidence-based medicine review / M. Aghi, F.G. Barker, II -- Pediatric neurosurgery / C.O. Maher, A.A. Cohen-Gadol, C. Raffel -- Cerebrovascular-endovascular / K.M. Cockroft, R.H. Rosenwasser -- Evidence-based guidelines in lumbar spine surgery / D.K. Resnick, M.C. Groff -- Spine: minimally invasive techniques / P.C. Gerszten, W.C. Welch -- An evidence-based medicine review of stereotactic radiosurgery / B.E. Pollock -- Evidenced-based guidelines for traumatic brain injuries / D.W. Marion -- Treatment of chronic pain with neurostimulation / J.K. Birknes, A. Sharan, A.R. Rezai.
- Gulf War and health v. 1-4, 2000-2006., NAPFulltext (v. 2) NAPFulltext (v. 3) NAPFulltext (v. 4) NAPv. 1. Depleted uranium, pyridostigmine bromide, sarin, and vaccines -- v. 2. Insecticles and solvents -- v. 3. Fuels, combustion products, and propellants -- v. 4. Health effects of serving in the Gulf War.
- Serial photographs of sections of the temporal bones -- The pinna and external auditory canal -- The middle ear -- Pneumatization -- The inner ear -- Neuroanatomy -- Vascular anatomy -- Stereoscopic views of the temporal bone -- Phylogeny and embryology.
- Gut-associated lymphoid tissues 2006, SpringerRole of innate immune system and host-commensal mutualism / S. Rakoff-Nahoum and R. Medzhitov -- Molecular networks orchestrating GALT development / D. Finke and D. Meier -- Lymphoid tissue inducer cells in intestinal immunity / I.I. Ivanov, G.E. Diehl, and D.R. Littman -- Specificity and plasticity of memory lymphocyte migration / J. Rodrigo Mora and U.H. von Adrian -- IgA adaptation to the presence of commensal bacteria in the intestine / A. J. Macpherson -- Intestinal IgA synthesis : a primitive form of adaptive immunity that regulates microbial communities in the gut / S. Fagarasan -- B cell recruitment and selection in mouse GALT germinal centers / S. Casola and K. Rajewsky -- Structural insights into antibody-mediated mucosal immunity / A.E. Hamburger, P.J. Bjorkman, and A.B. Herr.
- Guyton and Hall Textbook of medical physiology. 12th ed. 2011, MD ConsultThis textbook covers the essentials of human physiology and aims to describe complex physiologic principles in language that is easy to read and understand. The content is arranged in 14 units and 84 chapters. It includes new illustrations in color.
- GW572016 In Patients With ErbB2 Over - Expressing Advanced Or Metastatic Breast Cancer [report of unpublished results of a clinical trial] 2011, NIHThis study (EGF104911) is designed to evaluate the efficacy and safety of lapatinib in patients with advanced or metastatic breast cancer. Eligible subjects must have ErbB2 overexpressing tumors and are refractory to treatment with anthracycline, taxanes and trastuzumab containing regimens. The study data obtained from EGF104911 will be combined with the data from EGF100642 and integrated analysis will be carried out in order to enhance the credibility of the study results.
- Gynaecology. 3rd ed. 2003
- Gynecologic cancer 2006, SpringerMultidisciplinary care of patients with gynecologic cancers / David M. Gershenson ... [et al.] -- Prevention and early detection of endometrial and ovarian cancers / Karen H. Lu -- Preinvasive disease of the lower genital tract / Andrea Milbourne -- Selected topics in gynecologic pathology / Anais Malpica, Michael T. Deavers, and Elvio G. Silva -- Imaging of gynecologic malignancies / Revathy Iyer -- Contemporary treatment of vaginal and vulvar cancers / Patricia J. Eifel and Thomas W. Burke -- Treatment of early cervical cancer / Charles F. Levenback -- Treatment of locally advanced cervical cancer / Anuja Jhingran, Patricia J. Eifel, and Pedro T. Ramirez -- Uterine sarcomas / Lois M. Ramondetta ... [et al.] -- Treatment of endometrial cancer / Lois M. Ramondetta ... [et al.] -- Surgery for ovarian cancer / Judith K. Wolf and J. Taylor Wharton -- Chemotherapy for epithelial ovarian cancer / Michele L. Donato ... [et al.] -- Treatment of rare ovarian malignancies / Jubilee Brown and David M. Gershenson -- Gestational trophoblastic disease / Hui T. See ... [et al.] -- Fertility-sparing options for treatment of women with gynecologic cancers / Pedro T. Ramirez -- Quality of life and sexual functioning / Diane C. Bodurka and Charlotte C. Sun -- Palliative care for gynecologic malignancies / Florian Strasser, Michael W. Bevers, and Eduardo Bruera.
- Gynecologic cancer 2004
- Gynecologic imaging. 2nd ed. 2012, SpringerPart 1.Ultrasound and Transvaginal Ultrasound: Techniques, Normal Findings, and Variations.Introduction /Min Hoan Moon and Jung Sik Kim --Illustrations /Min Hoan Moon and Jung Sik Kim --pt. 2.Gynecologic CT and MRI: Techniques and Normal Findings.Introduction /Sung Il Jung and Bohyun Kim --Illustrations /Sung Il Jung and Bohyun Kim --pt. 3.Variations and Congenital Anomalies of the Female Genital Tract.Introduction /Jeong Kon Kim --Illustrations /Jeong Kon Kim --pt. 4.Uterine Myoma.Introduction /Byung Kwan Park --Illustrations /Byung Kwan Park --pt. 5.Adenomyosis.Introduction /Byung Kwan Park --Illustrations /Byung Kwan Park --pt. 6.Imaging Evaluation of Uterine Cervical Carcinoma.Introduction /Seung Hyup Kim and Kyung-Sik Cho --Illustrations /Seung Hyup Kim and Kyung-Sik Cho --pt. 7.Endometrial Cancer.Introduction /Sung Il Hwang and Seung Hyup Kim --Illustrations /Sung Il Hwang and Seung Hyup Kim.pt. 8.Miscellaneous Tumors of the Uterus.Introduction /Yu Ri Shin and Sung Eun Rha --Illustrations /Yu Ri Shin and Sung Eun Rha --pt. 9.Post-treatment Changes and Recurrence of Uterine Malignancies.Introduction /Dae Chul Jung and Kie Hwan Kim --Illustrations /Dae Chul Jung and Kie Hwan Kim --pt. 10.Gestational Trophoblastic Diseases.Introduction /Jae Young Byun and Seung Eun Jung --Illustrations /Jae Young Byun and Seung Eun Jung --pt. 11.Miscellaneous Diseases of the Uterus.Introduction /Seung Eun Jung and Jae Young Byun --Illustrations /Seung Eun Jung and Jae Young Byun --pt. 12.Ovarian Cysts and Cystic Disease.Introduction /Hyuck Jae Choi --Illustrations /Hyuck Jae Choi --pt. 13.Ovarian Tumors: General Considerations and Mode of Spread.Introduction /Min Hoan Moon --Illustrations /Min Hoan Moon --pt. 14.Epithelial Tumors of the Ovary.Introduction /Sung Bin Park and Min Hoan Moon --Illustrations /Sung Bin Park and Min Hoan Moon.pt. 15.Germ Cell Tumors of the Ovary.Introduction /Sun Ho Kim --Illustrations /Sun Ho Kim --pt. 16.Sex Cord-Stromal Tumors of the Ovary.Introduction /Jung Suk Sim --Illustrations /Jung Suk Sim --pt. 17.Miscellaneous Tumors of the Ovary and Adnexa.Introduction /Chang Kyu Sung and Jung Suk Sim --Illustrations /Chang Kyu Sung and Jung Suk Sim --pt. 18.Endometriosis.Introduction /Hyun Lee and Jeong Yeon Cho --Illustrations /Hyun Lee and Jeong Yeon Cho --pt. 19.Adnexal Torsion.Introduction /Sung Eun Rha and Young-Hwa Kim --Illustrations /Sung Eun Rha and Young-Hwa Kim --pt. 20.Pelvic Inflammatory Disease and Tubo-ovarian Abscess.Introduction /Jeong Yeon Cho --Illustrations /Jeong Yeon Cho --pt. 21.Ectopic Pregnancy.Introduction /Min Hoan Moon and Young-Ho Lee --Illustrations /Min Hoan Moon and Young-Ho Lee.pt. 22.Vagina and Vulva.Introduction /Sun Ho Kim and Bohyun Kim --Illustrations /Sun Ho Kim and Bohyun Kim --pt. 23.Vascular Diseases of the Female Pelvis.Introduction /Seong Jin Park --Illustrations /Seong Jin Park --pt. 24.Pediatric Gynecologic Diseases./Introduction /So-Young Yoo and Woo Sun Kim --Illustrations /So-Young Yoo and Woo Sun Kim --pt. 25.Nongynecologic Lesions Mimicking Gynecologic Diseases.Introduction /Bum Sang Cho and Seung Hyup Kim --Illustrations /Bum Sang Cho and Seung Hyup Kim --pt. 26.Hysterosalpingography.Introduction /Hak Jong Lee --Illustrations /Hak Jong Lee --pt. 27.Sonohysterography.Introduction /Eun Ju Lee --Illustrations /Eun Ju Lee --pt. 28.Gynecologic Nonvascular Interventions.Introduction /See Hyung Kim and Seung Hyup Kim --Illustrations /See Hyung Kim and Seung Hyup Kim --pt. 29.Obstetric and Gynecologic Vascular Interventions.Introduction /Man-Deuk Kim and Jin Wook Chung --Illustrations.
- Gynecologic radiation therapy 2011, Springer
- G protein coupled receptors Trafficki...
- — Genetic code and the origin of life ....
- Genetic control of neuronal migration...
- — Getting started with MATLAB® 7. Versi...
- Getting started with signal processin...
- — Grant's Dissector. 13th ed. ............
- Grant's Dissector.. 14th ed. ...........
- — Gynecology and obstetrics. 2004 ed. ....
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Editor: Jianfang, Zhang
Translated & Donated by Muoi Arnold and Keith Arnold former Stanford faculty