- G protein coupled receptors Trafficki...
- — Genetic basis of common diseases. 2nd...
- Genetic cardiomyopathies ...............
- — Getting started with Stateflow 7. Ver...
- Ggplot2 ................................
- — Grant's Atlas of anatomy. 11th ed. .....
- Grant's Atlas of anatomy. 12th ed. .....
- — Gynecology and obstetrics. 2004 ed. ....
- Genetic cardiomyopathies 2013, SpringerThis book examines the genetic causes in the diagnosis and management of cardiomyopathies--Source other than Library of Congress.
- Genetic code and the origin of life 2004, SpringerThe early earth / Oliver Botta and Jeffrey L. Bada -- Reconstructing the universal tree of life / James R. Brown -- The nature of the last common ancestor / Luis Delaye, Arturo Becerra, and Antonio Lazcano -- Ribozyme-catalyzed genetics / Donald H. Burke -- The scope of selection / Michael Yarus and Rob Knight -- The evolutionary history of the translation machinery / George E. Fox and Ashwinikumar K. Naik -- Functional evolution of ribosomes / C. Briones and R. Amils -- Aminoacyl-tRNA synthetases as clues to establishment of the genetic code / Lluis Ribas de Pouplana and Paul Schimmel -- The relation between function, structure, and evolution of elongation factors Tu / Mathias Sprinzl -- Origin and evolution of DNA and DNA replication machineries / Patrick Forterre, Jonathan Filée, and Hannu Myllykallio -- Early evolution of DNA repair mechanisms / Jocelyne DiRuggiero and Frank T. Robb -- Extant variations in the genetic code / Manuel A.S. Santos and Mick F. Tuite -- Adaptive evolution of the genetic code / Rob D. Knight, S.J. Freeland, and Laura F. Landweber -- Expanding the genetic code in vitro and in vivo / Thomas J. Magliery and David R. Liu.
- Print MaterialComplicated shadows : a critique of autonomy in genetic counseling / Robert G. Resta -- Actively engaging with patients in decision making / Andrea Zanko and Michelle Fox -- Risk communication : a complex process / Shannan DeLany Dixon and Yasmine L. Konheim-Kalkstein -- Grieving : an inevitable journey / Elizabeth Gettig -- Facing patient anger / Bonnie Jeanne Baty -- Resistance and adherence : understanding the patient's perspective / Jon Weil -- Countertransference : making the unconscious conscious / Jon Weil -- Honoring diversity : cultural competence in genetic counseling / Linwood J. Lewis -- Genetic counseling strategies for working with families / Deborah L. Eunpu -- Developmentally based approaches for counseling children and adolescents / Stephanie Austin -- Genetic counseling for women with intellectual disabilities / Brenda Finucane -- Genetic counselors : caring mindfully / June A. Peters -- Professional development : reflective genetic counseling practice / Kimberly W. Zahm -- Mobilizing genetic counselor leadership skills / Nancy P. Callanan.
- Genetic damage in human spermatozoa 2014, SpringerThere are several types of damage that can be found in the male gamete. Genetic damage in spermatozoa can originate during spermatogenesis, or it can originate during transit in both male and female genital tracts. Damage can also be due to aging, environmental or iatrogenic conditions, as well as to the protocols to cryopreserve and to select spermatozoa in assisted reproduction techniques. This book provides a comprehensive resource for all possible DNA damages in sperm, the relation to fertility and infertility, and possible transgenerational heritable effects.
- Genetic democracy 2008, SpringerIntroduction : the scope and importance of genetic democracy /Veikko Launis --The prerequisites for genetic democracy /Helena Siipi --Ethical expertise in democratic societies /Eerik Lagerspetz --Towards global bioethics : the UNESCO universal declaration on bioethics and human rights /Henk ten Have --Autonomy and genetic privacy /Juha Räikkä --Values, rights and GMO : against radicalism --The precautionary principle and the risks of modern agri-biotechnology /Marko Ahteensuu --Population databanks and democracy in light of the Icelandic experience /Vilhjálmur Árnason and Stefán Hjörleifsson --Equality and community in public deliberation : genetic democracy in Taiwan /Terence Hua Tai and Wen-Tsong Chiou --Genetic resources, genetic democracy and genetic equity /Keekok Lee --Moral constraints on permissible genetic design /Thomas Pogge.
- Genetic diagnosis of endocrine disorders. 1st ed. 2010, ScienceDirectMechanisms of mutation -- Pancreas - Genetic testing in diabetes mellitus: a clinical guide to monogenic diabetes -- Obesity -- Syndromes of severe insulin resistance and/or lipodystrophy -- Pituitary -- Functioning pituitary adenomas -- Diabetes insipidus -- States of pituitary hypofunction -- Thyroid -- Congenital defects of thyroid hormone synthesis -- Developmental abnormalities of the thyroid -- Syndromes of reduced sensitivity to thyroid hormone -- Molecular genetics of thyroid cancer: pathogenetic significance and clinical applications -- Parathyroid and bone -- Genetics of hyperparathyroidism including parathyroid cancer -- Genetic diagnosis of skeletal dysplasias -- Vitamin D disorders -- Adrenal -- Congenital adrenal hyperplasia -- Genetics of adrenocortical tumors (ACT) and hypersecretory syndromes -- Hereditary pheochromocytoma and multiple endocrine neoplasia type 2 (MEN2) -- Genetic conditions associated with congenital adrenocortical insufficiency or glucocorticoid and/or mineralocorticoid resistance -- Reproductive -- Genetic considerations in the evaluation of menstrual cycle irregularities -- Genetic diagnosis of hypogonadotropic hypogonadism and Kallmann syndrome -- Disorders of sex development -- Genetic defects of androgen resistance -- Multisystem disorders -- Multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1 (MEN1) -- Genetics of polyglandular failure -- Growth -- Genetic diagnosis of growth failure -- Counseling and laboratory -- Genetic counseling -- Setting up a laboratory.
- Genetic disorders among Arab populations. 2nd ed. 2010, Springer
- Print Material
- Print Material"The population of the Indian subcontinent consists of a fine amalgamation of people from diverse tribal, cultural, religious and social backgrounds. Mortality and morbidity from a vast number of medical and surgical conditions is significant and well above compared to the developed countries. Although a large component of the human health problem is related to infection, malnutrition and other preventable causes, a significant proportion is linked to hereditary factors reflecting in the form of chromosomal, single gene and complex medical diseases. Unusual and unique Mendelian disorders are not uncommon and a number of common medical conditions, such as ischemic heart disease and diabetes mellitus are relatively more prevalent among those living in the developing countries of the Indian subcontinent and as well as among the migrant population groups in the western world. However, true burden of the inherited disorders among the Asian Indians is not known, and probably underestimated. -- This text includes a detailed and concise account of the social and cultural diversity, medical demography, genetic epidemiology, consanguinity and common genetic disorders affecting people from the Indian subcontinent. In addition, specific issues of genetic services in various regions are addressed. This volume also provides a glossary for the benefit of non-genetic professionals and is aimed at a wide audience including physicians, genetic professionals, public health consultants, medical demographers, medica/social anthropologists and health administrators." -- [Publisher-supplied data]
- Print MaterialIntroduction : whither gene-environment interactions? ? Michael Rutter -- Gene-environment interaction : overcoming methodological challenges / Rudolf Uher -- Gene-environment interaction and behavioral disorders : a developmental perspective based on endophenotypes / Marco Battaglia, Cecilia Marino, Michel Maziade, Massimo Molteni and Francesca D'Amato -- Use of monozygotic twins to investigate the relationship between 5HTTLPR genotype, depression and stressful life events : an application of item response theory / Naomi R. Wray, William L. Coventry, Michael R. James, Grant W. Montgomery, Lindon J. Eaves and Nicholas G. Martin -- Role of gene-stress interactions in gene finding studies / Harold Snieder, Xiaoling Wang, Vasiliki Lagou, Brenda W. J. H. Penninx, Harriëtte Riese and Catharina A. Hartman -- Practice and public policy in the era of gene-environment interactions / Kenneth A. Dodge -- Gene-environment interaction and the metabolic syndrome / Kristi B. Adamo and Frédérique Tesson -- Longitudinal studies of gene-environment interaction in common diseases - good value for money? / Stephen P. Robertson and Richie Poulton -- Gene-environment interactions in breast cancer / Kee-Seng Chia -- Unbiased forward genetics and systems biology approaches to understanding how gene-environment interactions work to predict susceptibility and outcomes of infections / Malak Kotb, Nourtan Fathey, Ramy Aziz, Sarah Rowe, Robert W. Williams and Lu Lu -- Gene-environment interactions in environmental lung diseases / Steven R. Kleeberger and Hye-Youn Cho -- Gene-environment interaction in complex diseases : asthma as an illustrative case / Fernando D. Martinez -- Conclusions : taking stock and looking ahead / Michael Rutter.
- Genetic engineering v. 27-28, 2006-2007., Springerv. 28, 2007 Springer
- Genetic engineering of mesenchymal stem cells 2006, Springer
- Genetic epidemiology 2009, Springer ProtocolsMolecular Genetics and Genetic Variation / Mohammed-Elfatih Twfieg, M. Dawn Teare -- Terminology, Concepts, and Models in Genetic Epidemiology / M. Dawn Teare, Mauro F. Koref -- An Introduction to Epidemiology / Cother Hajat -- Genetic Distance and Markers Used in Linkage Mapping / Kristina Allen-Brady, Nicola J. Camp -- Approaches to Genetic Linkage Analysis / M. Dawn Teare -- Fine-Scale Structure of the Genome and Markers Used in Association Mapping / Karen Curtin, Nicola J. Camp -- Genome-Wide Association Studies / Mark M. Iles -- Candidate Gene Association Studies / M. Dawn Teare -- Family-Based Association Studies / Frank Dudbridge -- Genome Variation: A Review of Web Resources / Andrew Collins, William J. Tapper -- Advanced Methods in Twin Studies / Jaakko Kaprio, Karri Silventoinen -- Mendelian Randomisation: A Tool for Assessing Causality in Observational Epidemiology / Nuala A. Sheehan, Sha Meng, Vanessa Didelez -- Copy Number Variation / Louise V. Wain, Martin D. Tobin -- Epigenetic Variation / Kevin Walters -- Modeling the Effect of Susceptibility Factors (HLA and PTPN22) in Rheumatoid Arthritis / Hervé Perdry, Françoise Clerget-Darpoux -- Coronary Artery Disease: An Example Case Study / Jennifer H. Barrett -- The Genetic Epidemiology of Obesity: A Case Study / Laura M. Johnson.
- Genetic hearing impairment 2002, Karger
- Genetic hearing loss 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Genetic instabilities and neurological diseases. 2nd ed. 2006, ScienceDirect,Overview. Overview of the field / Tetsuo Ashizawa and Robert D. Wells -- Myotonic dystrophy. Myotonic dystrophies: an overview / Tetsuo Ashizawa and Peter S. Harper. The RNA-mediated disease process in myotonic dystrophy / Charles A. Thornton, Maurice S. Swanson, and Thomas A. Cooper. cis Effects of CTG expansion in myotonic dystrophy type 1 / Sita Reddy and Sharan Paul. Normal and pathophysiological significance of myotonic dystrophy protein kinase / Derick G. Wansink, René E.M.A. van Herpen, and Bé Wieringa. Biochemistry of myotonic dystrophy protein kinase / Ram Singh and Henry F. Epstein. Clinical and genetic features of myotonic dystrophy type 2 / Jamie M. Margolis, Laura P.W. Ranum, and John W. Day. Myotonic dystrophy type 2: clinical and genetic aspects / Ralf Krahe, Linda L. Bachinski, and Bjarne Udd. The subtelomeric D4Z4 repeat instability in facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy / Silvére van der Maarel, Rune R. Frants, and George W. Padberg -- Fragile X syndrome. Fragile X syndrome and fragile X-associated tremor/ataxia syndrome / Randi J. Hagerman and Paul J. Hagerman. Animal models of fragile X syndrome: mice and flies / Ben A. Oostra and David L. Nelson. Chromosomal fragile sites: mechanisms of cytogenetic expression and pathogenic consequences / Robert I. Richards -- Kennedy's disease. Clinical features and molecular biology of Kennedy's disease / CheunJu Chen and Kenneth H. Fischbeck -- Huntington's disease. Molecular pathogenesis and therapeutic targets in Huntington's disease / John S. Bett, Gillian P. Bates, and Emma Hockly. Molecular pathogenesis of Huntington's disease: the role of excitotoxicity / Mahmoud A. Pouladi ... [et al.] Huntington's disease-like 2 / Russell L. Margolis ... [et al.] -- Friedreich's ataxia. Friedreich's ataxia / Massimo Pandolfo. Experimental therapeutics for Friedreich's ataxia / Robert B. Wilson. Evolution and instability of the GAA triplet-repeat sequence in Friedreich's ataxia / Irene De Biase, Astrid Rasmussen, and Sanjay I. Bidichandani. Mouse models for Friedreich's ataxia / Hélène Puccio. Triplexes, sticky DNA, and the (GAA-TTC) trinucleotide repeat associated with Friedreich's ataxia / Leslie S. Son and Robert D. Wells -- Spinocerebellar ataxias. Phosphorylation of ataxin-1: a link between basic research and clinical application in spinocerebellar ataxia type 1 / Kerri M. Carlson and Harry T. Orr. Spinocerebellar ataxia type 2 / Stefan M. Pulst. Machado-Joseph disease/spinocerebellar ataxia type 3 / Henry Paulson. Spinocerebellar ataxia type 6 / Hidehiro Mizusawa and Kinya Ishikawa. Pathogenesis of spinocerebellar ataxia type 7: new insights from mouse models and ataxin-7 function / Dominique Helmlinger and Didier Devys. Spinocerebellar ataxia type 7: clinical features to cellular pathogenesis / Gwenn A. Garden ... [et al.] Molecular genetics of spinocerebellar ataxia type 8 / Yoshio Ikeda ... [et al.] Spinocerebellar ataxia type 10: a disease caused by an expanded (ATTCT)n pentanucleotide repeat / Tetsuo Ashizawa. DNA structures and genetic instabilities associated with spinocerebellar ataxia type 10 (ATTCT)n·(AGAAT)n repeats suggest a DNA amplification model for repeat expansion / Vladimir N. Potman ... [et al.] Spinocerebellar ataxia type 12 / Susan E. Holmes ... [et al.] Spinocerebellar ataxia 17 and Huntington's disease-like 4 / Giovanni Stevanin and Alexis Brice -- Other polyamino acid repeats. Polyalanine and polyglutamine diseases: possible common mechanisms? / Aida Abu-Baker and Guy A. Rouleau -- Biophysics of polyQ. Chemical and physical properties of polyglutamine repeat sequences / Ronald Wetzel -- In vivo instability studies. Somatic mosaicism of expanded CAG·CTG repeats in humans and mice: dynamics, mechanisms, and consequences / Peggy F. Shelbourne and Darren G. Monckton. Transgenic mouse models of unstable trinucleotide repeats: toward an understanding of disease-associated repeat size mutation / Mário Gomes-Pereira, Laurent Foiry, and Geneviève Gourdon -- Insect models. Drosophila models of polyglutamine disorders / George R. Jackson, Tzu-Kang Sang, and J. Paul Taylor -- Instability mechanisms in vivo and in vitro. Involvement of genetic recombination in microsatellite instability / Ruhee Dere, Micheal L. Hebert, and Marek Napierala. Bending the rules: unusual nucleic acid structures and disease pathology in the repeat expansion diseases / Karen Usdin. Replication of expandable DNA repeats / Sergei M. Mirkin. Error-prone repair of slipped (CTG)·(CAG) repeats and disease-associated expansions / Gagan B. Panigrahi ... [et al.] DNA repair models for understanding triplet repeat instability / Yuan Liu, Rajendra Prasad, and Samuel H. Wilson. Models of repair underlying trinucleotide DNA expansion / Irina V. Kovtun and Cynthia T. McMurray. Transcription and triplet repeat instability / Yunfu Lin, Vincent Dion, and John H. Wilson. Structural characteristics of trinucleotide repeats in transcripts / Wlodzimierz J. Krzyzosiak, Krzysztof Sobczak, and Marek Napierala -- Mutations in flanking sequences. Gross rearrangements caused by long triplet and other repeat sequences / Albino Bacolla [et al.] -- Cancer and genetic instability. Microsatellite instability in cancer / Michael J. Siciliano.
- Genetic landscape of diabetes 2004, NCBI Bookshelf
- Genetic models of schizophrenia 2009, ScienceDirect
- Genetic modification of hematopoietic stem cells 2009, Springer ProtocolsImmunomagnetic enrichment of human and mouse hematopoietic stem cells for gene therapy applications / Guillermo Guenechea, Jose C. Segovia, and Juan A. Bueren -- Isolation of human and mouse hematopoietic stem cells / Yuk Yin Ng ... [et al.] -- Murine hematopoietic stem cell transduction using retroviral vectors / Ute Modlich ... [et al.] -- Genetic modification of human hematopoietic cells: preclinical optimization of oncoretroviral-mediated gene transfer for clinical trials / Tulin Budak-Alpdogan and Isabelle Rivière -- Short-term culture of human CD34⁺ cells for lentiviral gene transfer / Francesca Santoni de Sio and Luigi Naldini -- T cell culture for gammaretroviral transfer / Sebastian Newrzela, Gunda Brandenburg, and Dorothee von Laer -- Retroviral transduction of murine primary T lymphocytes / James Lee, Michel Sadelain, and Renier Brentjens -- Lentiviral vector gene trasfer into human T cells / Els Verhoeyen, Caroline Costa, and Francois-Loic Cosset -- DNA transposons for modification of human primary T lymphocytes / Xin Huang ... [et al.] -- Retroviral gene transfer into primary human natural killer cells / Evran Alici, Tolga Sutlu, and M. Sirac Dilber -- Lentiviral vector-mediated genetic programming of mouse and human dendritic cells / Renata Stripecke --In situ (in vivo) gene transfer into murine bone marrow stem cells / Dao Pan -- In vivo and ex vivo gene transfer in thymocytes and thymocyte precursors / Oumeya Adjali ... [et al.] -- Design and production of retro- and lentiviral vectors for gene expression in hematopoietic cells / Axel Schambach, William P. Swaney, and Johannes C.M. van der Loo -- Knock-down of gene expression in hematopoietic cells / Michaela Scherr, Letizia Venturiani, and Matthias Eder -- The use of retroviral vectors for tet-regulated gene expression in cell populations / Rainer Löw -- Detection of replication competent retrovirus and lentivirus / Lakshmi Sastry and Kenneth Cornetta -- Release testing of retroviral vectors and gene-modified cells / Diana Nordling, Anne Kaiser, and Lilith Reeves -- Copy number determination of genetically-modificed hematopoietic stem cells / Todd Schuesler ... [et al.] -- Tissue procurement for molecular studies using laser-assisted microdissection / Ulrich Lehmann and Hans Kreipe -- Leukemia diagnosis in murine bone marrow transplantation models / Zhixiong Li, Ute Modlich, and Anjali Mishra --Humanized mouse models to study the human haematopoietic stem cell compartment / Dominique Bonnet -- Canine models of gene-modified hematopoiesis / Brian C. Beard and Hans-Peter Kiem -- Detection of retroviral integration sites by linear amplification-mediated PCR and tracking of individual integration clones in different samples / Manfred Schmidt ... [et al.] -- Retroviral insertion site analysis in dominant haematopoietic clones / Olga S. Kustikova, Ute Modlich, and Boris Fehse -- Tracking gene-modified T cells in vivo / Alessandra Recchia and Fulvio Mavilio -- DNA microarray studies of hematopoietic subpopulations / Karin Pike-Overzet ... [et al.] -- Quantification of genomic mutations in murine hematopoietic cells / Hartmut Geiger ... [et al.] -- Proteomics studies after hematopoietic stem cell transplantation / Eva M. Weissinger, Petra Zürbig, and Arnold Ganser -- Spectral karyotyping and fluorescence in situ hybridization of murine cells / Cornelia Rudolph and Brigitte Schlegelberger -- Database setup for preclinical studies of gene-modified hematopoiesis / Brenden Balcik, Elke Grassman, and Lilith Reeves -- The US and EU regulatory perspectives on the clinical use of hematopoietic stem/progenitor cells genetically modified ex vivo by retroviral vectors / Carolyn A. Wilson and Klaus Cichutek.
- Print Material
- Genetic programming 2008, Springer
- Genetic recombination 2004, Springer ProtocolsDetermination of mitotic recombination rates by fluctuation analysis in Saccharomyces cerevisiae / Rachelle Miller Spell and Sue Jinks-Robertson -- Determination of intrachromosomal recombination rates in cultured mammalian cells / Jason A. Smith and Alan S. Waldman -- Intrachromosomal homologous recombination in Arabidopsis thaliana / Waltraud Schmidt-Puchta, Nadiya Orel, Anzhela Kyryk, and Holger Puchta -- Analysis of recombinational repair of DNA double-strand breaks in mammalian cells with I-SceI nuclease / Jac A. Nickoloff and Mark A. Brenneman -- Transformation of monomorphic and pleomorphic Trypanosoma brucei / Richard McCulloch, Erik Vassella, Peter Burton, Michael Boshart, and J. David Barry -- Forward genetic screens for meiotic and mitotic recombination-defective mutants in mice / Laura Reinholdt, Terry Ashley, John Schimenti, and Naoko Shima -- Detecting carcinogens with the yeast DEL assay / Richard J. Brennan and Robert H. Schiestl --In vivo DNA deletion assay to detect environmental and genetic predisposition to cancer / Ramune Reliene, Alexander J. R. Bishop, Jiri Aubrecht, and Robert H. Schiestl -- Gene targeting at the chromosomal immunoglobulin locus: a model system for the study of mammalian homologous recombination mechanisms / Mark D. Baker -- DNA fragment transplacement in Saccharomyces cerevisiae: some genetic considerations / Glenn M. Manthey, Michelle S. Navarro, and Adam M. Bailis -- Targeted gene modification using triplex-forming oligonucleotides / Jean Y. Kuan and Peter M. Glazer -- Using nucleases to stimulate homologous recombination / Dana Carroll -- Enhancement of in vivo targeted nucleotide exchange by nonspecific carrier DNA / Katie K. Maguire and Eric B. Kmiec -- The use of the chromatin immunoprecipitation to investigate protein-DNA interactions during recombination / Tamara Goldfarb and Eric Alani -- Holliday junction branch migration and resolution assays / Angelos Constantinou and Stephen C. West.
- Genetic recombination in cancer 2003, ScienceDirect
- Print MaterialThe master elements of control -- Protein-DNA interactions and gene control -- Control circuits: setting the switch -- How do we know: the key experiments -- Guide.
- Genetic testing 2003, Wellcome Trust
- Print Material
- Genetic variants in periodontal health and disease 2010, SpringerClassification of periodontal diseases -- Evidence for the role of genetic variants in periodontitis -- A gene mutation of major effect on human disease and its association with periodontitis -- Modifying disease genes in relation to periodontitis -- Heritability of chronic periodontitis -- Heritability of aggressive periodontitis -- Heritability of gingivitis -- Heritability of peri-implantitis -- Common guidelines for association studies -- Clinical utility of genetic knowledge.
- Genetic variation in taste sensitivity 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Genetically engineered food 2003, WileyPart 1.Application and Perspectives --ch. 1.Transgenic Modification of Production Traits in Farm Animals /Mathias Müller and Gottfried Brem --ch. 2.Genetically Modified Plants /Susanne Stirn and Horst Lörz --ch. 3.Fermented Food Production using Genetically Modified Yeast and Filamentous Fungi /Anke Niederhaus and Ulf Stahl --ch. 4.Production of Food Additives using Filamentous Fungi /Carsten M. Hjort --ch. 5.Perspectives of Genetic Engineering of Bacteria used in Food Fermentations /Arnold Geis --Part II.Legislation in Europe --ch. 6.The Legal Situation for Genetically Engineered Food in Europe /Rudolf Streinz and Lars O. Fuchs --Part III.Methods of Detection --ch. 7.Detection of Genetic Modifications: Some Basic Considerations /Knut J. Heller --ch. 8.DNA-based Methods for Detection of Genetic Modifications /Ralf Einspanier and Stephanie Rief --ch. 9.Genetic Engineering of Fishes and Methods for Detection /Hartmut Rehbein --ch. 10.Detection Methods for Genetically Modified Crops /Rolf Meyer --ch. 11.Methods to Detect the Application of Genetic Engineering in Composed and Processed Foods /Karl-Heinz Engel and Francisco Moreano --ch. 12.Mutations in Lactococcus lactis, and their Detection /Jan Kok and Bertus van den Burg --ch. 13.Detection Methods for Genetically Modified Microorganisms used in Food Fermentation /Walter P. Hammes, Christian Hertel and Torsten Bauer.
- Part I. Application and Perspectives -- ch. 1. Transgenic modification of production traits in farm animals / Gottfried Brem, Mathias Müller -- ch. 2. Genetically modified plants / Susanne Stirn, Horst Lörz -- ch. 3. Fermentation of food by means of genetically modified yeast and filamentous fungi / Rena Leisegang, Elke Nevoigt, Anja Spielvogel, Georg Kristan, Anke Niederhaus, Ulf Stahl -- ch. 4. Production of food additives using filamentous fungi / Carsten M. Hjort -- ch. 5. Genetic engineering of bacteria used in food fermentation / Arnold Geis -- Part II. Legislation in Europe -- ch. 6. The Legal situation for genetically engineered food in Europe / Rudolf Streinz, Jan Kalbheim -- Part III. Methods of Detection -- ch. 7. Detection of genetic modifications : some basic considerations / Knut J. Heller -- ch. 8. DNA-based methods for detection of genetic modifications / Ralf Einspanier -- ch. 9. Genetic engineering of fish, and methods of detection / Hartmut Rehbein -- ch. 10. Detection methods for genetically modified crops / Rolf Meyer -- ch. 11. Methods for detection of genetically modified organisms in composite and processed foods / Karl-Heinz Engel, Francisco Moreano, Alexandra Ehlert -- ch. 12. Mutations in Lactococcus lactis and their detection / Jan Kok, Bertus van den Burg -- ch. 13. Methods for detection of genetically modified microorganisms used in food fermentation processes / Walter P. Hammes, Christian Hertel, Torsten Bauer.
- Genetically engineered mice for cancer research 2012, Springer
- Genetically engineered mice handbook 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Genetically engineered organisms 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Genetically modified organisms : concepts and methods -- Restriction enzymes : from their discovery to their applications -- Transforming growth factor-beta superfamily : animal models for development and disease -- Transfection of human neuroblastoma cells with Alzheimer's Disease brain hallmarks as a promising strategy to investigate the role of neurosteroidogenesis in neuroprotection -- Investigating therapeutic strategies for Fragile X syndrome in mice -- Innovative therapeutic perspectives in neuromuscular diseases -- Gene therapy for cancer treatment : state of the art -- Manipulating the mitochondrial genetic system.
- Genetics and development of scoliosis 2010, Springer
- Print Material1. The 26-Nation Survey -- 2. Global inequity -- 3. The rise of autonomy -- 4. Counseling: directive and nondirective -- 5. Is modern genetics eugenics? -- 6. Genetics as a family affair -- 7. Privacy, discrimination, and public health -- 8. The geography of ethical reasoning -- 9. Geneticists speak out: culture, ethics, and history -- 10. Organization of genetic services -- 11. Laws affecting genetic services -- 12. China: views of a bioethicist -- 13. China: views of a geneticist -- 14. Germany -- 15. Hungarian TV viewers' responses -- 16. India -- 17. Japan -- 18. Peru -- 19. From genetics to genomics and beyond -- 20. Moral priorities, cases and practices in medical genetics.
- Genetics and molecular biology of neural tumors 2008, Springer
- Genetics and randomness 2010, CRCnetBASELimits and uncertainty in nature and logic -- Quantum fluctuations, mutations, and "fixation" of uncertainty -- Recombination and randomness -- Uncertainty of development -- Organized randomness -- Random genetic drift and "deterministic" selection -- Life : making uncertainty certain.
- Genetics and sports 2009, KargerKey concepts in human genetics : understanding the complex phenotype / W.T. Gibson -- Nature versus nurture in determining athletic ability / T.D. Brutsaert, E.J. Parra -- Genetics and sports : an overview of the pre-molecular biology era / M.W. Peeters ... [et al.] -- Genes, athlete status, and training : an overview / I.I. Ahmetov, V.A. Rogozkin -- Angiotensin : converting enzyme, renin-angiotensin system and human performance / D. Woods -- Actinin-3 and performance / N. yang, F. Garton, K. North -- East African runners : their genetics, lifestyle, and athletic prowess / V.O. Onywera -- Gene-lifestyle interactions and their consequences on human health / J. Pomeroy, A.M. Söderberg, P.W. Franks -- Genetic risk factors for musculoskeletal soft tissue injuries / M. Collins, S.M. Raleigh -- Innovative strategies for treatment of soft tissue injuries in human and animal athletes / A. Hoffmann, G. Gross -- Gene doping : possibilities and practicalities / D.J. Wells -- Genetic testing of athletes / A.G. Williams, H. Wackerhage -- The future of genetic research in exercise science and sports medicine / R.J. Trent, B. Yu.
- Genetics and the unsettled past 2012, Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Print MaterialWho am I? Genes and the problem of historical identity /Keith Wailoo --Reconciliation projects : from kinship to justice /Alondra Nelson --The unspoken significance of gender in constructing kinship, race, and nation /Catherine Lee --A biologist's perspective on DNA and race in the genomics era /Abram Gabriel --The dilemma of classification : the past in the present /Lundy Braun and Evelynn Hammonds --The informationalization of race : communication, databases, and the digital coding of the genome /Peter A. Chow-White --Forensic DNA phenotyping : continuity and change in the history of race, genetics, and policing /Pamela Sankar --Forensic DNA and the inertial power of race in American legal practice /Jonathan Kahn --Making history via DNA, making DNA from history : deconstructing the race-disease connection in admixture mapping /Ramya Rajagopalan and Joan H. Fujimura --Waiting on the promise of prescribing precision : race in the era of pharmacogenomics /Sandra Soo-Jin Lee --French families, paper facts : genetics, nation, and explanation /Nina Kohli-Laven --Categorization, census, and multiculturalism : molecular politics and the material of nation /Amy Hinterberger --"It's a living history, told by the real survivors of the times-DNA" : anthropological genetics in the tradition of biology as applied history /Marianne Sommer --Cells, gene, and stories : HeLa's journey from labs to literature /Priscilla Wald --The case of the genetic ancestor /Jennifer A. Hamilton --Making sense of genetics, culture, and history : a case study of a native youth education program /Michelle M. Jacob --Humanitarian DNA identification in post-apartheid South Africa /Jay D. Aronson --Forbidden or forsaken? The (mis)use of a forbidden knowledge argument in research on race, DNA, and disease /Reanne Frank --Genetic claims and credibility : revisiting history and remaking race /Keith Wailoo, Catherine Lee, and Alondra Nelson.
- Genetics for surgeons 2005, NCBI Bookshelf
- Genetics in ophthalmology 2003, KargerA glimpse into genomeland /Langenbeck, U. --Epidemiology of hereditary ocular disorders /Rosenberg, T. --Interactions of genes and environment in myopia /Feldkämper, M., Schaeffel, F. --A molecular perspective on corneal dystrophies /Vincent, A.L., Rootman, D., Munier, F.L., Héon, E. --Molecular genetics of cataract /Hejtmancik, J.F., Smaoui, N. --Progress in the genetics of glaucoma /Weisschuh, N., Schiefer U. --LHON and other optic nerve atrophies: the mitochondrial connection /Howell, N. --Retinitis pigmentosa: genes, proteins and prospects /Hims, M.M., Diager, S.P., Inglehearn, C.F. --Bardet-Biedl syndrome and Usher syndrome /Koenig, R. --Genetic defects in vitamin A metabolism of the retinal pigment epithelium /Thompson, D.A., Gal, A. --Genetics of macular dystrophies and implications for age-related macular degeneration /Klaver, C.C.W., Allikmets, R. --Genetics of color vision deficiencies /Deeb, S.S., Kohl, S. --Gene therapy and animal models for retinal disease /Dejneka, N.S., Rex, T.S., Bennett, J. --Support for patients loosing [sic] sight /Trauzettel-Klosinski, S., Hahn, G.0A. -Author index --Subject index.
- Genetics meets metabolomics 2012, Springer
- Genetics of adaptation 2005, Springer
- Print Material
- Genetics of colorectal cancer 2009, Springer
- Genetics of male infertility 2007, SpringerThe genetics of male infertility in the era of genomics: tools for progress / Douglas T. Carrell -- The use of cDNA libraries to demonstrate a linkage between transcription and translation in male germ cells / Norman B. Hecht -- Considerations when using array technologies for male factor assessment / Adrian E Platts, David J. Dix, and Stephen A. Krawetz -- Microarray analysis of a large number of single-nucleotide polymorphisms in individual human spermatozoa / Honghua Li ... [et al.] -- Physiological and proteomic approaches to understand human sperm function: prefertilization events / Sarah J. Conner -- Genetics of idiopathic male infertility: the power of a cross-species approach / Angshumoy Roy, Yi-Nan Lin, and Martin M. Matzuk -- The immunocytogenetics of human male meiosis: a progress report / Daniel Topping, Petrice Brown, and Terry Hassold -- The clinical relevance of sperm aneuploidy / Renee H. Martin -- DNA repair genes and genomic instability in severe male factor infertility / Francesca K.E. Gordon and Dolores J. Lamb -- Germ cell-specific genes and posttranscriptional regulation in the testis / Mark S. Fox and Renee A. Reijo Pera -- The genetics of cryptorchidism / Alexander I. Agoulnik and Shu Feng -- The chromatoid body and microRNA pathways in male germ cells / Martti Parvinen ... [et al.] -- Sperm maturation in the epididymis: role of segment-specific microenvironments / Gail A. Cornwall and Hans H. von Horsten --The structure of the Y chromosome in infertility / Leslie Ayensu-Coker, Collin Bishop, and Jan Rohozinski -- Y chromosome microdeletions and haplotypes / Ken McElreavey ... [et al.] -- The genetics of male infertility: from bench to clinic / David M. de Kretser ... [et al.] -- The future of the diagnosis of male (in)fertility / Christopher De Jonge -- Polymorphisms and male infertility / Csilla Krausz -- The genetics of abnormal protamine expression / Vincent W. Aoki and Douglas T. Carrell -- Chromatin damage and male infertility / Denny Sakkas, Davide Bizzaro, and Gian C. Manicardi -- Clinical evaluation of the genetics of male infertility / Peter N. Schlegel.
- Genetics of mental retardation 2010, KargerA parent's perspective / Gregory, J.P. -- Mental retardation : definition, classification, and etiology / Regan, R., Willatt, L. -- Technological advances in the molecular cytogenetic diagnosis of mental retardation : telomere testing and genome-wide array analysis / Kaminsky, E.B., Martin, C.L -- The importance of genome architecture in mental retardation / Mefford, H.C -- The clinical evaluation of patients with mental retardation/intellectual disability / Romano, C. -- Database aids for the evaluation of mental retardation / Firth, H.V. Carter, N.P. -- 3D shape and molecular analyses of facial dysmorphology associated with cognitive impairment / Hammond, P., Tassabehji, M. -- Monogenic causes of mental retardation / Raymond, F.L. -- Newly recognized mental retardation microdeletion/duplication syndromes -- Koolen, D.A., de Vries, B.B.A. -- Mendelian CNVs causing mental retardation and developmental disorders -- Vermeesch, J.R., de Ravel, T.J.L. -- Genetic overlaps in mental retardation, autism, and schizophrenia / Kooy, R.F. ... [et al.] -- Chromosome 22q13 rearrangements causing global developmental delay and autistic spectrum Disorder / Bonaglia, M.C. ... [et al.] -- Translating genetics research into a national health service clinical diagnostic environment / Taylor, J.
- Genetics of movement disorders 2003, ScienceDirect
- Genetics. 3rd ed. 2008Print MaterialGenetics: the study of biological information -- Mendel's breakthrough: patterns, particles, and principles of heredity -- Extensions to mendel: complexities in relating genotype to phenotype -- The chromosome theory of inheritance -- Linkage, recombination, and the the mapping of genes on chromosomes -- DNA: how the molecule of heredity carries, replicates, and recombines information -- Anatomy and function of a gene: dissection through mutation -- Gene expression: the flow of genetic information from DNA to RNA to protein -- Deconstructing the genome: DNA at high resolution -- Reconstructing the genome through genetic and molecular analysis -- The direct detection of genotype distinguishes individual genomes -- Systems biology and proteomics -- The eukaryotic chromosome: an organelle for packaging and managing DNA -- Chromosomal rearrangements and changes in chromosome number reshape eukaryotic genomes -- The prokaryotic chromosome: genetic analysis in bacteria -- The chromosomes of organelles outside the nucleus exhibit non-mendelian patterns of inheritance -- Gene regulation in prokaryotes -- Gene regulation in eukaryotes -- Cell-cycle regulation and the genetics of cancer -- Using genetics to study development -- The genetic analysis of populations and how they evolve -- Evolution at the molecular level.
- Genetics. 3rd ed. 2007Print Material
- Genetics. 6th ed. 2005Print Material
- Genetics. 7th ed. 2009Print MaterialGenes, genomes, and genetic analysis -- DNA structure and genetic variation -- Transmission genetics : the principle of segregation -- Chromosomes and sex-chromosome inheritance -- Genetic linkage and chromosome mapping -- Molecular biology of DNA replication and recombination -- Molecular organization of chromosomes -- Human karyotypes and chromosome behavior -- Genetics of bacteria and their viruses -- Molecular biology of gene expression -- Molecular mechanisms of gene regulation -- Genomics, proteomics, and transgenics -- Genetic control of development -- Molecular mechanisms of mutation and DNA repair -- Molecular genetics of the cell cycle and cancer -- Mitochondrial DNA and extranuclear inheritance -- Molecular evolution and population genetics -- The genetic basis of complex traits.
- Genital cutting 2013, SpringerTortured Bodies, Tortured Doctrines: Informed Consent as a Legal Fiction Inapplicable to Neonatal Male Circumcision -- Routine Infant Circumcision: Vital Issues that the Circumcision Proponents may be Overlooking -- The Smart Penis -- The Harm of Circumcision -- Evolution of Circumcision Methods: Not "Just a Snip" -- Penile Wounding: Complications of Routine Male Circumcision in a Typical American Family Practice -- Male Circumcision and the Potential for Unexplained Male Adolescent Suicide in Northern Ireland -- Healing the Harms of Circumcision: A Nursing Case Study -- Ten Years of Training: Family Medicine Residents as Conscientious Objectors to Circumcision -- Intersex Surgeries, Circumcision, and the Making of "Normal" -- Intersex Genital Autonomy: A Rights-Based Framework for Medical Intervention with Intersex Infants -- The SAR/ROHAN (The Possession): A Response of Somali Women to Pharaonic Circumcision/Infibulation (PhC) -- Genital Stretching Among the Venda Ethnic Group (South Africa) -- Male Circumcision Among the Venda of Limpopo (South Africa) -- Critique of African RCTs into Male Circumcision and HIV Sexual Transmission -- Randomized Controlled Trials for HIV/AIDS Prevention Among Men in Africa: Untraced Infections, Unasked Questions, and Unreported Data -- Dangerous Myths and Tragic Misconceptions: Fighting HIV and AIDS Cases in Africa with Male Circumcision Strategies -- Defying the Enlightenment: Jewish Ethnicity and Ethnic Circumcision -- Circumcision: Gender and Power -- Reclaiming Circumcision: Armenian Stories -- Self-Made Intactivism in the Middle East -- Genital Autonomy: A New Approach.
- Genitourinary pain and inflammation 2008, Springer
- Genitourinary radiology 2013, Springer
- Genitourinary radiology 2013, SpringerContrast Materials and Contrast Reaction Management -- Congenital and Acquired Nonneoplastic Disorders of the Prostate and Seminal Vesicles -- Neoplasms of the Prostate and Seminal Vesicles -- Congenital and Acquired Nonneoplastic Disorders of the Spermatic Cord and Testicular Adnexae -- Neoplasms of the Spermatic Cord and Testicular Adnexae -- Congenital and Acquired Nonneoplastic Disorders of the Testis -- Neoplasms of the Testis -- Congenital and Acquired Nonneoplastic Disorders of the Penis and Scrotum -- Neoplasms of the Penis and Scrotum -- Congenital and Acquired Nonneoplastic Adrenal Diseases -- Adrenal Neoplasms -- Congenital and Acquired Nonneoplastic Retroperitoneal Disorders -- Retroperitoneal Neoplasms -- Imaging of Urinary Diversion and Neobladder.
- Print MaterialDisorders of cornification -- Disorders of pigmentation -- Disorders of vascularization -- Disorders of connective tissue -- Disorders with malignant potential -- Epidermolysis bullosa -- Disorders of porphyrin metabolism -- Disorders with photosensitivity -- Disorders with immunodeficiency -- Disorders of hair and nails -- Disorders of metabolism -- Disorders with chromosome abnormalities -- Disorders with short stature.
- Genome and disease 2006., KargerThe genomic basis of disease, mechanisms and assays for genomic disorders / P. Stankiewicz, J.R. Lupski -- Gross deletions and translocations in human genetic disease / S.S. Abeysinghe, N. Chuzhanova, D.N. Cooper -- Nucleotide excision repair and related human diseases / V. Bergoglio, T. Magnaldo -- Oxidative damage to DNA in non-malignant disease / M.D. Evans, M.S. Cooke -- Dominant non-coding repeat expansions in human disease / K.A. Dick ... [et al.] -- Telomeres and telomerase in stem cells during aging and disease / Z. Ju, K.L. Rudolph -- Retrotransposable elements and human disease / P.A. Callinan, M.A. Batzer -- The spindle checkpoint and chromosomal stability / W. Qi, H. Yu -- Protein kinases that regulate chromosome stability and their downstream targets / H. Nojima -- The role of the APC tumor suppressor in chromosomal instability / P. Alberici, R. Fodde -- c-Myc, genomic instability, and disease -- F. Kuttler, S. Mai -- Nijmegen breakage syndrome and functions of the responsible protein, NBS1 / A. Antoccia ... [et al.] -- Werner syndrome, aging, and cancer / A. Ozgenc, L.A. Loeb -- Fanconi anemia / R. Kalb ... [et al.].
- Genome dynamics and stability v. 1-, 2007-, Springer
- Genome glossary Fulltext
- Genome instability in cancer development 2005, Springer
- Genome integrity 2007, SpringerFrom microorganisms to humans, this volume provides an interdisciplinary overview of how genome integrity is maintained. It begins with DNA replication and continues with replicative DNA repair and pleiotropic protein interactions. It also reviews the cellular responses to radiation and genotoxic stress affecting whole genomes.
- Genome mapping and genomics in animal-associated microbes 2009, Springer
- Genome mapping and genomics in arthropods 2008, SpringerHoneybee / D. Schlipalius, P.R. Ebert, G.J. Hunt -- Bumblebee / L. Wilfert, P. Schmid-Hempel, J. Gadau -- The jewel wasp - Nasonia / J. Gadau ... [et al.] -- Silkworm / Y. Yasukochi, H. Fujii, M.R. Goldsmith -- Pea aphid / J.A. Brisson, G.K. Davis -- Mosquito / D.W. Severson -- Hessian fly / J.J. Stuart, M.-S. Chen, M.O. Harris -- Tick / A.J. Ullmann, J.J. Stuart, C.A. Hill.
- Genome mapping and genomics in fishes and aquatic animals 2008, Springer
- Genome of Homo sapiens 2003, Cold Spring Harb Lab PressHuman genome sequence -- Human genetic variation -- Genome structure and evolution -- Genomics of non-human species -- Bioinformatics and annotation -- Comparing genomes -- Comparative functional genomics -- Genetic variation and disease -- Genome biology and disease -- Human evolution.
- Genome stability and human diseases 2010, SpringerComing full circle: Cyclin-dependent kinases as anti-cancer drug targets / R.P. Fisher -- Core and linker histone modifications involved in the DNA damage response / J.E. Chubb and S. Rea -- Chromatin assembly and signalling the end of DNA repair requires acetylation of histone H3 on lysine 56 / T. Costelloe and N.F. Lowndes -- Structure and function of histone H2AX / D.M. Pinto and A. Flaus -- The initiation step of eukaryotic DNA replication / H. Pospiech, F. Grosse and F.M. Pisani -- Non-coding RNAs: New players in the field of eukaryotic DNA replication / T. Krude -- Function of TopBP1 in Genome Stability / M. Sokka ... [et al.] -- Eukaryotic single-stranded DNA binding proteins: central factors in genome stability / S. Broderick ... [et al.] -- DNA polymerases and mutagenesis in human cancers / E. Crespan, A. Amoroso and G. Maga -- DNA polymerase [eta], a key protein in translesion synthesis in human cells / S. Cruet-Hennequart ... [et al.] -- The mitochondrial DNA polymerase in health and disease / W.C. Copeland -- Centromeres: assembling and propagating epigenetic function / M. Glynn ... [et al.] -- Nucleotide excision repair in higher eukaryotes: mechanism of primary damage recognition in global genome repair / N.I. Rechkunova and O.I. Lavrik -- Nonhomologous DNA end joining (NHEJ) and chromosomal translocations in humans / M.R. Lieber ... [et al.] -- Fluorescence-based quantification of pathway-specific DNA double-strand break repair activities: a powerful method for the analysis of genome destabilizing mechanisms / M. Bohringer and L. Wiesmuller -- Apoptosis: a way to maintain healthy individuals / C. Mondello and A.I. Scovassi -- The use of transgenic mice in cancer and genome stability research / S. Conmy and H.P. Nasheuer.
- Genome-wide prediction and analysis of protein-protein functional linkages in bacteria 2013, Springer
- Genomes 3. 3rd ed. 2007Print MaterialGenomes, transcriptomes, and proteomes -- Studying DNA -- Mapping genomes -- Sequencing genomes -- Understanding a genome sequence -- Understanding how a genome functions -- Eukaryotic nuclear genomes -- Genomes of prokaryotes and eukaryotic organelles -- Virus genomes and mobile genetic elements -- Accessing the genome -- Assembly of the transcription initiation comple -- Synthesis and processing of RNA -- Synthesis and processing of the proteome -- Regulation of genome activity -- Genome replication -- Mutations and DNA repair -- Recombination -- How genomes evolve -- Molecular phylogenetics.
- Genomes and genomics of nitrogen-fixing organisms 2005, Springer
- Genomes. 2nd ed. 2002, NCBI Bookshelf
- Print Material
- Genomic and personalized medicine. 1st ed. 2009, ScienceDirectv. 1. Principles, methodology, and translational approaches -- v. 2. Genome discoveries and clinical applications.
- Genomic approaches for cross-species extrapolation in toxicology 2007, CRCnetBASE"Omics" approaches in the context of environmental toxicology / Jon C. Cook ... [et al.] -- Selection of surrogate animal species for comparative toxicogenomics / Nancy D. Denslow ... [et al.] -- Species differences in response to toxic substances: shared pathways of toxicity--value and limitations of omics technologies to elucidate mechanism or mode of action / David Eaton ... [et al.] -- Bioinformatic approaches and computational models for data integration and cross-species extrapolation in the postgenomic era / Kenneth S. Ramos ... [et al.] -- The extension of molecular and computational information to risk assessment and regulatory decision making / James S. Bus ... [et al.].
- Genomic biomarkers for pharmaceutical development 2014, ScienceDirect
- Genomic disorders 2006, SpringerThe CMT1A duplication: a historical perspective viewed from two sides of an ocean / James R. Lupski and Vincent Timmerman -- Alu elements / Prescott Deininger -- The impact of LINE-1 retrotransposition on the human genome / Amy E. Hulme ... [et al.] -- Ancient transposable elements, processed pseudogenes, and endogenous retroviruses / Adam Pavlicek and Jerzy Jurka -- Segmental duplications / Andrew J. Sharp and Evan E. Eichler -- Non-B DNA and chromosomal rearrangements / Albino Bacolla and Robert D. Wells -- Genetic basis of olfactory deficits / Idan Menashe, Ester Feldmesser, and Doron Lancet -- Genomic organization and function of human centromeres / Huntington F. Willard and M. Katharine Rudd -- Primate chromosome evolution / Stefan Müller -- Genome plasticity in evolution: the centromere repositioning / Mariano Rocchi and Nicoletta Archidiacono --The CMT1A duplication and HNPP deletion / Vincent Timmerman and James R. Lupski -- Smith-Magenis syndrome deletion, reciprocal duplication dup(17)(p11.2p11.2), and other proximal 17p rearrangements / Paweł Stankiewicz, Weimin Bi, and James R. Lupski -- Chromosome 22q11.2 rearrangement disorders / Bernice E. Morrow -- Neurofibromatosis 1 / Karen Stephens -- Williams-Beuren syndrome / Stephen W. Scherer and Lucy R. Osborne -- Sotos syndrome / Naohiro Kurotaki and Naomichi Matsumoto -- X chromosome rearrangements / Pauline H. Yen -- Pelizaeus-Merzbacher disease and spastic paraplegia type 2 / Ken Inoue -- Y-chromosomal rearrangements and azoospermia / Matthew E. Hurles and Chris Tyler-Smith --Inversion chromosomes / Orsetta Zuffardi ... [et al.] -- Monosomy 1p36 as a model for the molecular basis of terminal deletions / Blake C. Ballif and Lisa G. Shaffer -- Inv dup(15) and inv dup(22) / Heather E. McDermid and Rachel Wevrick -- Mechanisms underlying neoplasia-associated genomic rearrangements / Thoas Fioretos -- Recombination hotspots in nonallelic homologous recombination / Matthew E. Hurles and James R. Lupski -- Position effects / Paweł Stankiewicz -- Chromosome-engineered mouse models / Pentao Liu -- Array-CGH for the analysis of constitutional genomic rearrangements / Nigel P. Carter ... [et al.] -- Appendix A: Well-characterized rearrangement-based diseases and genome structural features at the locus / Paweł Stankiewicz and James R. Lupski -- Appendix B: Diagnostic potential for chromosome microarray analysis / Paweł Stankiewicz, Sau W. Cheung and Arthur L. Beaudet.
- Genomic imprinting Springer ProtocolsGeneration of monoparental embryos for investigation into genomic imprinting -- Deriving and propagating mouse embryonic stem cell lines for studying genomic imprinting -- Balanced translocation for the analysis of imprinted regions of the mouse genome -- Production of YAC transgenic mice by pronuclear injection -- A transgenic approach to studying imprinted genes: modified BACs and PACs -- Methylation-sensitive genome scanning -- Subtraction-hybridization method for the identification of imprinted genes -- Identification of imprinted loci by methylation: use of methylation-sensitive representational difference analys (Me-RDA) -- Ribonuclease protection -- Quantitative RT-PCR-based analysis of allele-specific gene expression --Allele-specific In Situ hybridization (ASISH) -- RNA-FISH to analyze allele-specific expression -- Flow cytometry and FISH to investigate allele-specific replication timing and homologous association of imprinted chromosomes -- Southern analysis using methyl-sensitive restriction enzymes -- A PCR-based method for studying DNA methylation -- Bisulfite-based methylation analysis of imprinted genes -- Direct analysis of chromosome methylation -- In vitro methylation of predetermined regions in recombinant DNA constructs -- In vitro methylation of specific regions in recombinant DNA constructs by excision and religation -- Probing chromatin, structure with nuclease sensitivity assays --Examining histone acetylation at specific genomic regions -- Purification of the MeCP2/histone deacetylase complex from Xenopus laevis -- Reconstitution of chromatin in vitro -- Genomic imprinting in plants.
- Genomic imprinting 2008, SpringerDNA methylation reprogramming in the germ line / Diane J. Lees-Murdock and Colum P. Walsh -- Control of imprinting at the GNAS cluster / Jo Peters and Christine M. Williamson -- The GNAS locus and pseudohypoparathyroidism / Murat Bastepe -- Imprinted genes, postnatal adaptations, and enduring effects on energy homeostasis / Margalida Frontera ... [et al.] -- What are imprinted genes doing in the brain? / William Davies ... [et al.] --Genomic imprinting and human psychology : cognition, behavior, and pathology / Lisa M. Goos and Gillian Ragsdale -- Genomic imprinting in plants / Olivier Garnier, Sylvia Laouiellé-Duprat, and Charles Spillane -- Imprinted genes and human disease : an evolutionary perspective / Francisco Úbeda and Jon F. Wilkins -- Evolutionary theories of imprinting ; enough already! / Tom Moore and Walter Mills.
- Genomic regulatory systems 2001, ScienceDirect
- Genomic revolution 2002, ebraryMaking the genome public : the American Museum of Natural History and the coming age of genomics / Michael Yudell and Rob DeSalle -- Genome science and the new frontier -- Introduction / Nicholas Wade -- What does knowing about genomes mean for science and society? / Harold Varmus -- Sequencing the human genome : elucidating our genetic blueprint / Eric Green -- Whole-genome shotgun sequencing / J. Craig Venter -- After the genome: where should we go? / Leroy Hood -- Applications of genomics to medicine and agriculture -- Introduction / Robert Bazell -- Genomics : a rapid road from gene to patient / William Haseltine -- The origins of cancer and the human genome / Arnold J. Levine -- Gene diversity in the endorphin system: SNPs, chips, and possible implications / Mary Jeanne Kreek -- Genomics and biotechnology in agriculture / Barbara A. Schaal -- Exploring human variation : understanding identity in the genomic era -- Introduction / Rob DeSalle -- Using maternal and paternal genes to unlock human history / Douglas C. Wallace -- Eugenics, the genome, and human rights / Daniel J. Kevles -- Redesigning the self: the promise and perils of genetic enhancement / David J. Rothman and Sheila M. Rothman -- Financial, legal, and ethical issues and the new genomics -- Introduction / Michael Waldholz -- Investing in the biotechnology sector / Kris H. Jenner -- The role of patents in exploiting the genome / Rebecca Eisenberg -- Social side effects of the new human molecular genetic diagnostics / Troy Duster -- Mapping morality : the rights and wrongs of genomics / Arthur l. Caplan -- Summing up : finding our way through the revolution / Kathi E. Hanna.
- Print MaterialFrom genes to genomes: a historical perspective -- The human genome: structure and organization -- Human function genomics and proteomics -- Epigenomics and human disease -- Genomic perspectives of human development -- Genetic and genomic approaches to taxonomy of human disease -- Genomic technologies -- Nutritional genomics -- Pharmacogenomics: drug development, drug response, and precision medicines -- Clinical medicine in the genome era: an introduction -- Complex cardiovascular disorders -- Diabetes mellitus and obesity -- Chronic renal disease -- Hemostasis and thrombosis -- Disorders of platelets -- Applications in critical care medicine -- The epilepsies -- Neurodegenerative disorders: tauopathies and synucleinopathies -- Neuropsychiatric diseases I: schizophrenia -- Neuropsychiatric disease II: mood disorders -- Asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease -- Inflammatory bowel disease -- Genomics and cancer: mechanisms and applications -- Hematological malignancies: the paradigm of acute myeloid leukemia -- Genomics and infectious diseases: susceptibility, resistance, antimicrobial therapy -- Rheumatoid arthritis and related arthropathies -- Immunological disorders -- Applications in clinical pediatrics -- Learning and behavioral disorders -- Complex ophthalmic disorders -- Applications in audiological medicine -- Complex skin diseases I: psoriasis -- Complex skin diseases II: atopic dermatitis -- Diseases of the epidermis and appendages, skin pigmentation and skin cancer -- Osteoporosis and disorders -- Applications in obstetrics and gynecology and reproductive medicine -- Stem cell genomics, and regenerative medicine -- Genomics and global health -- Genetic testing and genomic screening -- Ethical, legal, and social issues (ELSI) -- The regulation of human genomics research.
- Genomics and its impact on science and society DOE Human Genome Program
- Genomic experimental approaches in oncology -- Pharmacogenomics of toxicity and response of chemotherapy -- Pharmacogenomics in clinical drug development in oncology.
- Genomics and proteomics in nutrition 2004, CRCnetBASEPart I: Mouse models of human diseases and gene transcription. 1. Genetic modifiers in rodent models of obesity / Yun Wang, Patsy M. Nishina, and Jurgen K. Naggert -- 2. Quantitative trait loci in obesity and type II diabetes in rodents / Jung Han Kim -- 3. The human sweet tooth and its relationship to obesity / Amanda H. McDaniel and Danielle R. Reed -- 4. The adipose renin-angiotensin system: genetics, regulation, and physiologic function / Brynn H. Voy ... [et al.] -- 5. Regulation of fat synthesis and adipogenesis / Kee-Hong Kim ... [et al.] -- 6. Transcriptional regulation of energy metabolism in liver / Manabu T. Nakamura. Part II: Genomics: large-scale analysis of gene expression by microarray. 7. Design and analysis of microarray studies for obesity research / Marie-Pierre St.-Onge ... [et al.] -- 8. Solving clinical problems in nutrition research with microarrays / Steven R. Smith ... [et al.] -- 9. Genomic approaches to understanding vitamin D action / James C. Fleet -- 10. Gene expression profiling in adipose tissue / Naima Moustaid-Moussa ... [et al.] -- 11. Phytochemicals and gene expression / Orsolya Mezei and Neil F. Shay --12. Gene expression profiling of immune cells: application for understanding aging of immune cells / Sung Nim Han and Simin Nikbin Meydani -- 13. Improving the nutritional value of cereal grains using a genomic approach / Liang Shi and Tong Zhu. Part III: Proteomics: large-scale analysis of protein expression and regulation. 14. Proteomics and genomics to detail responses to extracellular stimuli / James A. Carroll and Clayton E. Mathews -- 15. 2D gel proteomics studies on leukocytes / Ivan C. Gerling and Michael J. Pabst -- 16. Proteomics: tools for nutrition research in the postgenomic era / Arthur Grider -- 17. Proteomic analysis of the adipocyte secretome / Nieves Ibarrola, Akhilesh Pandey, and Chaerkady Raghothama -- 18. Mass spectrometry strategies for proteomic studies / Maya Belghazi and Helene Rogniaux -- Bioinformatics tools / Simon M. Lin, Kimberly F. Johnson, and Seth W. Kullman -- 20. Statistical principles for analysis of array experiments / Arnold M. Saxton and E. Barry Moser.
- Genomics in endocrinology 2008, SpringerMicroarray-based gene expression analysis of endocrine systems: principles of experimental design and interpretation. -- Gene expression profiles and transcription factors involved in parathyroid hormone signaling in osteoblastic cells. -- Analysis of growth hormone effects on hepatic gene expression in hypophysectomized rats. -- Gene expression profiling in leiomyoma in response to GnRH therapy and TGF-beta. -- Gene profiling analysis of androgen receptor mediated function. -- Interrogating estrogen receptor [alpha] signaling in breast cancer by chromatin immunoprecipitation microarrays. -- Gene expression analysis of the adrenal cortex in health and disease. -- DNA microarray analysis of human uterine decidualization. -- Large-scale DNA microarray data analysis reveals glucocorticoid receptor-mediated breast cancer cell survival pathways. -- Application of microarrays for gene transcript analysis in type 2 diabetes. -- DNA microarray analysis of effects of TSH, iodide, cytokines, and therapeutic agents on gene expression in cultured human thyroid follicles. -- Genomics and polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS): the use of microarray analysis to identify new candidate genes. -- Microarray analysis of alterations induced by obesity in white adipose tissue gene expression profiling. -- Novel molecular signaling and classification of human clinically nonfunctioning pituitary adenomas identified by microarray and reverse transcription-quantitative polymerase chain reaction. -- Gene expression studies of prostate hyperplasia in prolactin transgenic mice.
- Genomics in regulatory ecotoxicology 2008, CRCnetBASEToxicogenomics in ecological risk assessments: regulatory context, technical background, and workshop overview / Gerald Ankley, Ann Miracle, and Edward Perkins -- Application of genomics to screening / Sean W. Kennedy ... [et al.] -- Application of genomics to tiered testing / Charles R. Tyler ... [et al.] -- Application of genomics to regulatory ecological risk assessments for pesticides / Sigmund J. Degitz ... [et al.] -- Application of genomics to assessment of the ecological risk of complex mixtures / Edward Perkins ... [et al.] -- Applications of genomic technologies to ecological risk assessments at remediation and restoration sites / Ann L. Miracle ... [et al.] -- Toxicogenomics in ecological risk assessments: a prospectus / George P. Daston ... [et al.].Toxicogenomics in ecological risk assessments: regulatory context, technical background, and workshop overview / Gerald Ankley, Ann Miracle, and Edward Perkins -- The development of genomic-based screening assays for ecotoxicology / Sean W. Kennedy ... [et al.] -- Application of genomics to tiered testing / Charles R. Tyler ... [et al.] -- Application of genomics to regulatory ecological risk assessments for pesticides / Sigmund J. Degitz ... [et al.] -- Molecular biology and risk assessment: evaluation of the potential roles of genomics in regulatory ecotoxicology / Edward Perkins ... [et al.] -- Applications of genomic technologies to ecological risk assessments at remediation and restoration sites / Ann L. Miracle ... [et al.] -- Toxicogenomics in ecological risk assessments: a prospectus / George P. Daston ... [et al.].
- Genomics of disease 2008, Springer
- Genomics protocols. 2nd ed. 2008, Springer ProtocolsProtein profiling based on two-dimensional difference gel electrophoresis / Gert Van den Bergh and Lutgarde Arckens -- Quantitative protein profiling by mass spectrometry using isotope-coded affinity tags / Arsalan S. Haqqani, John F. Kelly, and Danica B. Stanimirovic -- Quantitative protein profiling by mass spectrometry using label-free proteomics / Arsala S. Haqqani, John F. Kelly, and Danica B. Stanimirovic -- Using 2D-LC-MS/MS to identify Francisella tularensis peptides in extracts from an infected mouse macrophage cell line / John F. Kelly and Wen Ding -- Baculovirus expression vector system : an emerging host for high-throughput eukaryotic protein expression / Binesh Shrestha, Carol Smee, and Opher Gileadi -- Coimmunoprecipitation and proteomic analyses / S. Fabio Falsone, Bernd Gesslbauer, and Andreas J. Kungl -- Tandem affinity purification combined with mass spectrometry to identify components of protein complexes / Peter Kaiser ... [et al.] -- Mammalian two-hybrid assay for detecting protein-protein interactioins in vivo / Runtao He and Xuguang Li -- Detection of protein-protein interactions in live cells and animals with split firefly luciferase protein fragment complementation / Victor Villalobos, Snehal Naik, and David Piwnica-Worms -- Subcellular localization of intracellular human proteins by construction of tagged fusion proteins and transient expression in COS-7 cells / John E. Collins -- GeneFAS : a tool for the prediction of gene function using multiple sources of data / Trupti Joshi ... [et al.] --Comparative genomics-based prediction of protein function / Toni Gabaldón -- Design, manufacture, and assay of the efficacy of siRNAs for gene silencing / Louise A. Dawson and Badar A. Usmani.Whole genome amplification with Phi29 DNA polymerase to enable genetic or genomic analysis of samples of low DNA yield / Kaisa Silander and Janna Saarela -- Scanning for DNA variants by denaturant capillary electrophoresis / Per O. Ekstrøm -- Identification of SNPs, or mutations in sequence chromatograms / Nicole Draper -- BeadArray-based genotyping / Helen Butler and Jiannis Ragoussis -- Microsattelite-based candidate gene linkage analysis studies / Cathryn Mellersh -- Full complexity genomic hybridization on 60-mer oligonucleotide microarrays for array comparative genomic hybridization (aCGH) / Alexei Protopopov, Bin Feng, and Lynda Chin -- Detection of copy number changes at multiple loci in DNA prepared from formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissue by multiplex ligation -dependent probe amplification / Minoru Takata -- Application of microarrays for DNA methylation profiling / Axel Schumacher, Andreas Weinhäusl, and Arturas Petronis -- Genomewide identification of protein binding locations using chromatin immunoprecipitation coupled with microarray / Byung-Kwan Cho, Eric M. Knight, and Bernhard Ø. Palsson -- Transcriptional profiling of small samples in the central nervous system / Stephen D. Ginsberg -- Quantitative expression profiling of RNA from formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissues using randomly assembled bead arrays / Marina Bibikova ... [et al.] -- Expression profiling of microRNAs in cancer cells : technical considerations / Mouldy Sioud and Lina Cekaite -- Identification of disease biomarkers by profiling of serum proteins using SELDI-TOF mass spectrometry / Sigrun Langbein -- The applicability of a cluster of differentiation monoclonal antibody microarray to the diagnosis of human disease / Peter Ellmark ... [et al.] --
- Genomics, proteomics, and clinical bacteriology 2004, Springer Protocols
- Genomics, proteomics, and the nervous system 2011, Springer
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Genus Yersinia 2007, Springer"The 9th International Symposium on Yersinia was held in Lexington, Kentucky, USA on October 10-14, 2006. Over 250 Yersinia researchers from 18 countries gathered to present and discuss their research. In addition to 37 oral presentations, there were 150 poster presentations. This Symposium volume is based on selected presentations from the meeting and contains both reviews and research articles. It is divided into six topic areas: 1) genomics; 2) structure and metabolism; 3) regulatory mechanisms; 4) pathogenesis and host interactions; 5) molecular epidemiology and detection; and 6) vaccine and antimicrobial therapy development. Consequently, this volume covers a wide range of current research areas in the Yersinia field."--Preface.
- Geocoding health data 2008, CRCnetBASE
- Geomicrobiology. 4th ed., rev. and expanded. 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Geranium and pelargonium 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Geriatric anesthesiology. 2nd ed. 2008, SpringerThe practice of geriatric anesthesia / Jeffrey H. Silverstein -- Demographics and economics of geriatric patient care / Maria F. Galati and Roger D. London -- Theories of aging / Stanley Muravchick -- Ethical management of the elderly patient / Paul J. Hoehner -- Teaching geriatric anesthesiology to practitioners, residents, and medical students / Sheila J. Ellis -- Research priorities in geriatric anesthesiology / Christopher J. Jankowski and David J. Cook -- Alterations in metabolic functions and electrolytes / Michael C. Lewis -- Perioperative thermoregulation / Daniel I. Sessler -- Postoperative central nervous system dysfunction / Deborah J. Culley, Terri G. Monk, and Gregory Crosby-- Alterations in circulatory function / Thomas J. Ebert and G. Alec Rooke --The aging respiratory system : anesthetic strategies to minimize perioperative pulmonary complications / Rodrigo Cartin-Ceba ... [et al.] -- Operative debridements of chronic wounds / Andrew M. Hanflik ... [et al.] -- Preoperative risk stratificationand methods to reduce risk / Linda L. Liu and Jacqueline M. Leung -- Anesthetic implications of chronic medications / Tamas A. Szabo and R. David Warters -- The pharmacology of opioids / Steven L. Shafer and Pamela Flood -- Intravenous hypnotic anesthetics / Matthew D. McEvoy and J.G. Reves -- Inhalational anesthetics / Gary R. Haynes -- Relaxants and their reversal agents / Cynthia A. Lien and Takahiro Suzuki -- Management of regional anesthesia / Bernadette Veering --Fluid management / Jessica Miller, Lee A. Fleisher, and Jeffrey L. Carson -- Pain management / Jack M. Berger -- Anesthesia considerations for geriatric outpatients / Kathryn E. McGoldrick -- Sedaton and monitoring / Sheila R. Barnett -- Total hip replacement, joint replacement, and hip fracture / Idit Matot and Shaul Beyth -- Transurethral prostatectomy syndrome and other complications of urologic procedures / Daniel M. Gainsburg -- Thoracic procedures / Steven M. Neustein and James B. Eisenkraft -- Cardiac procedures / James H. Abernathy III -- Vascular procedures / Leanne Groban and Sylvia Y. Dolinski -- Abdominal procedures / Jeffrey H. Silverstein.
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Geriatric imaging 2013, SpringerIn the elderly, the coexistence of various diseases, the presence of involutional and degenerative changes, and the occurrence of both physical and cognitive problems represent ""the norm."" It is therefore important to know how to distinguish the healthy elderly from those in need of treatment as a sound basis for avoiding overdiagnosis and overtreatment. This aspect is a central theme in Geriatric Imaging, which covers a wide range of applications of different imaging techniques and clearly explains both the potential and the limitations of diagnostic imaging in geriatric patients.
- Geriatric nutrition 2007, CRCnetBASE1. The aging society and nutrition epidemiology / Shailaja Pulisetty and John E. Morley -- 2. Molecular theories of aging and nutritional interventions / H.J. Armbrecht -- 3. The role of nutrition in the prevention of age-associated diseases / John E. Morley -- 4. Obesity in older adults / Gary A. Wittert -- 5. Sarcopenia and cachexia / John E. Morley and Matthew T. Haren -- 6. Immunity and nutrition / Chantri Trinh -- 7. Nutritional requirements in older adults / David R. Thomas -- 8. Energy balance / John E. Morley -- 9. Water metabolism / David R. Thomas and John E. Morley -- 10. Vitamin disorders / Ramzi R. Hajjar and Zeina Nahhas -- 11. Trace elements / John E. Morley -- 12. Nutritional assessment in older persons / David R. Thomas -- 13. Geriatric assessment and its interaction with nutrition / Julie K. Gammack -- 14. Nutritional assessment in the European community / Juergen Martin Bauer and Dorothee Volkert -- 15. The oral cavity and nutrition / Nathalia Garcia and D. Douglas Miley -- 16. Management of protein-energy undernutrition in older adults / David R. Thomas -- 17. Prescription for enteral nutrition / Zareen Syed and Syed H. Tariq.
- Geriatric oncology 2009, SpringerAging and cancer, what oncologists need to know / Arti Hurria, Lodovico Balducci -- Assessing the older cancer patient / Melissa Cohen, David Reuben, Arash Naeim -- Cancer screening in older adults / Louise C. Walter -- Physiological consequences of aging / Bindu Kanapuru, William B. Ershler -- Assessment and impact of comorbidity in older adults with cancer / Athanasios Karampeasiz, Martine Extermann -- Geriatric syndromes defined and explained for oncology practice / Miriam B. Rodin -- Family caregivers / Betty R. Ferrell, Polly Mazanec -- Surgical management of the older patient with cancer / David M. Heimann, M. Margaret Kemeny -- Chemotherapy for the older adult with cancer / Supriya Mohile, Nail Nagovskiy, Lodovico Balducci -- Radiation therapy in geriatric oncology / Sarah E. Hoffe, Mark S. Russell -- Palliative care, special considerations for older adults with cancer / Genevieve N. Thompson, Harvey M. Chochinov.
- Geriatric ophthalmology 2009, SpringerScope of the problem and demographic shift in population: visual disease incidence and prevalence in the elderly population -- Refractive error in the geriatric population -- Cataracts and cataract surgery -- Glaucoma in the elderly -- Diabetic retinopathy and its management -- Age-related macular degeneration and its management -- Low vision: when vision fails -- Visual loss and depression -- Visual loss and dementia -- Visual loss and hearing loss -- Visual loss and falls -- Elder abuse -- Functional impairment and visual loss -- The research agenda-setting project (RASP) -- Screening for comorbidities -- Refer comorbidities.
- Geriatric physical therapy. 3rd ed. 2012, ScienceDirectGeriatric Physical Therapy offers a comprehensive presentation of geriatric physical therapy science and practice. Thoroughly revised and updated, editors Andrew Guccione, Rita Wong, and Dale Avers and their contributors provide current information on aging-related changes in function, the impact of these changes on patient examination and evaluation, and intervention approaches that maximize optimal aging. Chapters emphasize evidence-based content that clinicians can use throughout the patient management process. Six new chapters include: Exercise Prescription, Older Adults and Their Families, Impaired Joint Mobility, Impaired Motor Control, Home-based Service Delivery, and Hospice and End of Life. Clinically accurate and relevant while at the same time exploring theory and rationale for evidence-based practice, it's perfect for students and practicing clinicians. It's also an excellent study aid for the Geriatric Physical Therapy Specialization exam. Comprehensive coverage provides all the foundational knowledge needed for effective management of geriatric disorders. Content is written and reviewed by leading experts in the field to ensure information is authoritative, comprehensive, current, and clinically accurate. A highly readable writing style and consistent organization make it easy to understand difficult concepts. Tables and boxes organize and summarize important information and highlight key points for quick reference. A well-referenced and scientific approach provides the depth to understand processes and procedures. Theory mixed with real case examples show how concepts apply to practice and help you enhance clinical decision-making skills. Standard APTA terminology familiarizes you with terms used in practice.
- Geriatric rheumatology 2011, SpringerPart 1. Aging and Comorbidity in Rheumatology -- The Immune System in Aging / Anjali Desai and Raymond L. Yung -- Bone Aging / Arthur N. Lau and Jonathan D. Adachi -- Atherosclerosis in the Rheumatic Diseases: Compounding the Age Risk / Naoto Yokogawa and Joan M. Von Feldt -- Neuropsychiatric Manifestations of Rheumatic Diseases in the Elderly / Jamal A. Mikdashi -- Tuberculosis and Rheumatoid Arthritis in the Elderly / Eduardo M. Acevedo-Vásquez, Darío Ponce de León and Rocío V. Gamboa-Cárdenas -- Widespread Pain in Older Adults / Cheryl D. Bernstein, Jordan F. Karp and Debra K. Weiner -- Part 2. Multidisciplinary Approach to Geriatric Rheumatology -- Pharmacotherapy Considerations Unique to the Older Patient / Keith A. Swanson and Mark A. Stratton -- Rheumatic Disease in the Nursing Home Patient / Joanne Sandberg-Cook -- Post-acute Care for Rheumatologists / Deborah W. Robin -- The Gerontorheumatology Outpatient Service: Toward an International Classification of Function-Based Health Care Provision for the Elderly with Musculoskeletal Conditions / Wim Van Lankveld, Josien Goossens and Marcel Franssen -- Health Policy, Public Health, and Arthritis Among Older Adults / Kristina A. Theis, Debra R. Lubar and Teresa J. Brady -- Physical Therapy Management of Select Rheumatic Conditions in Older Adults / Maura Daly Iversen and Madhuri K. Kale -- Arthrocentesis in the Elderly / Ahmed S. Zayat and Richard J. Wakefield -- Physical Activity in Older Adults with Arthritis / Dorothy D. Dunlop, Pamela A. Semanik and Rowland W. Chang --Part 3. Rheumatic Diseases in the Elderly -- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus in Elderly Populations / Ana M. Bertoli, Guillermo J. Pons-Estel, Paula I. Burgos and Graciela S. Alarcón -- Elderly Onset Rheumatoid Arthritis / Venkata Sri Cherukumilli and Arthur Kavanaugh -- Disease-Modifying Antirheumatic Drug Use in Older Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients / Sogol S. Amjadi, Veena K. Ranganath and Daniel E. Furst -- Epidemiology, Risk Factors, and Aging of Osteoarthritis / Crisostomo Bialog and Anthony M. Reginato -- Osteoarthritis in the Elderly Population / Roy D. Altman -- Medium- and Small-Vessel Vasculitis / Rafael G. Grau -- Management of Geriatric Gout / Lan X. Chen -- Calcium-Containing Crystal-Associated Arthropathies in the Elderly Population / Elisabeth B. Matson and Anthony M. Reginato -- Polymyalgia Rheumatica and Giant Cell Arteritis in the Elderly / Wolfgang A. Schmidt -- Antiphospholipid Syndrome in the Older Population / Silvia S. Pierangeli, Alan M. Seif and Emilio B. González -- Osteoporosis and Metabolic Bone Diseases of the Elderly / Lora Giangregorio and Alexandra Papaioannou -- Infectious Arthritis in the Elderly / Nicole Melendez and Luis R. Espinoza -- Sarcopenia and Myopathies in the Elderly / Kenneth S. O'Rourke -- Scleroderma in the Elderly Population / Rebecca L. Manno and Fredrick M. Wigley -- Sjögren's Syndrome in the Elderly / Raymond L. Yung and Sheeja Francis.
- Print Material
- Germ cell development in C. elegans 2013, Springer
- Germ cell protocols v. 1-2, 2004, Springer Protocolsv. 2, 2004 Springer Protocolsv. 1. Sperm and oocyte analysis -- v. 2. Molecular embryo analysis, live imaging, transgenesis, and cloning.
- Germline stem cells 2008, Springer Protocolspt. I.Identification and regulation of germline stem cells in model organisms --The development of germline stem cells in Drosophila /David A. DansereauandPaul Lasko --Analysis of the C. elegans germline stem cell region /Sarah L. CrittendenandJudith Kimble --Immunohistological techniques for studying the Drosophila male germline stem cell /Shree Ram SinghandSteven X. Hou --Genetic tools used for cell lineage tracing and gene manipulation in Drosophila germline stem cells /Wei LiuandSteven X. Hou --Structural polarity and dynamics of male germline stem cells in an insect (milkweed bug Oncopeltus fasciatus) /David C. DornandAugust Dorn --High-resolution light microscopic characterization of spermatogonia /Hélio Chiarini-GarciaandMarvin L. Meistrich --Identification and characterization of spermatogonial subtypes and their expansion in whole mounts and tissue sections from primate testes /Jens EhmckeandStefan Schlatt --Epigenetic control in male germ cells : a transillumination-assisted microdissection method for the analysis of developmentally regulated events /Durga Prasad MishraandPaolo Sassone-Corsi --GDNF maintains mouse spermatogonial stem cells in vivo and in vitro /Hannu SariolaandTiina Immonen -- g pt. II. In vitro culture and application of germline stem cells --Ectopic grafting of mammalian testis tissue into mouse hosts /Ina DobrinskiandRahul Rathi --Spermatogonial stem cell transplantation, testicular function, and restoration of male fertility in mice /Derek J. McLean --Isolating highly pure rat spermatogonial stem cells in culture /F. Kent Hamra... [et al.] --Deriving mouse spermatogonial stem cell lines /Ilaria Falciatori... [et al.] --Production of knockdown rats by lentiviral transduction of embryos with short hairpin RNA transgenes /Christina Tenenhaus DannandDavid L. Garbers --Testicular germ cell tumors in mice : new ways to study a genetically complex trait /Jason D. HeaneyandJoseph H. Nadeau --Study origin of germ cells and formation of new primary follicles in adult human and rat ovaries /Antonin Bukovsky... [et al.].
- Geropsychology and long term care 2009, SpringerPolicies and Reimbursement: Meeting the Need for Mental Health Care in Long-Term Care / Margaret Norris -- Referrals / Michael Smith -- Assessment / Barry A. Edelstein, Lynn E. Northrop and Lisa M. MacDonald -- Treatment Plans / Deborah W. Frazer -- Treatment Process / Michael Duffy -- Integration of Psychology, Psychiatry, and Medication in Long-Term Care / Lee Hyer and Shalija Shah -- Professional Practice: Disciplines, Documentation, and Outcomes Measurement / Merla Arnold, John C. Colletti and Nicholas C. Stilwell -- Ethical Issues in Long-Term Care / Michele J. Karel.
- Gerotechnology 2004Print Material
- Geschlecht und "Rasse" in der NS-Medizin SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Print Material
- Gestational diabetes during and after pregnancy 2010, Springer
- Getting started in clinical radiology 2006, Thieme Book
- Getting started with MATLAB 7 SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Print Material
- Getting started with MATLAB® 7. Version 7.4. SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Print Material
- Getting started with signal processing blockset 6 SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Print Material
- Getting started with Simulink response optimization 3. Version 3. SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Print Material
- Getting started with Stateflow 7. Version 7. SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Print Material
- G protein coupled receptors Trafficki...
- — Genetic basis of common diseases. 2nd...
- Genetic cardiomyopathies ...............
- — Getting started with Stateflow 7. Ver...
- Ggplot2 ................................
- — Grant's Atlas of anatomy. 11th ed. .....
- Grant's Atlas of anatomy. 12th ed. .....
- — Gynecology and obstetrics. 2004 ed. ....
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases