View by page
- Fabry disease — Finely dispersed particles micro-, nano-, and atto-engineering (126)
- Firepower in the lab automation in the fight against infectious diseases and bioterrorism — Food-drug synergy and safety (126)
- Foodborne disease outbreaks guidelines for investigation and control — Frozen section library. Breast (126)
- Frozen section library. Central nervous system — Fuzzy expert systems and fuzzy reasoning (125)
- Frozen section library. Central nervous system 2011, SpringerIntroduction -- Where to start -- Nonneoplastic flags -- Cerebral parenchymal lesions: I. Metastatic neoplasms -- Cerebral parenchymal lesions: II. Primary tumors -- Dural-based tumors -- Intraventricular lesions -- Cerebellar lesions -- Pituitary gland and sellar lesions -- Pineal gland lesions -- Spinal cord lesions.
- Frozen section library. Genitourinary tract 2009, Springer
- Frozen section library. Head and neck 2011, SpringerGeneral considerations -- Nasal cavity and paranasal sinuses -- Salivary glands -- Oral cavity, pharynx, and larynx -- Neck -- Head and neck presentations of intracranial lesions.
- Intraoperative Evaluation of Primary Hepatocellular Tumors.- Intraoperative Evaluation of Hepatic Biliary Lesions.- Metastases and Mimics of Metastatic Disease in the Liver -- Mesenchymal and Pediatric Tumors of the Liver -- Intraoperative Assessment of Donor Livers in the Transplant Setting -- Intraoperative Evaluation of the Extrahepatic Biliary Tree and Ampulla of Vater -- Intraoperative Evaluation of the Gallbladder.
- Frozen section library. Lung 2009, Springer
- Frozen section library. Lymph nodes 2012, Springer
- Frozen section library. Pancreas 2011, SpringerIntroduction -- Introduction to Pain Management, Historical Perspectives, and Careers in Pain Management -- Multidisciplinary Approach to Pain Management -- Anatomy and Physiology -- Acute and Chronic Mechanisms of Pain -- Clinical Principles -- Assessment of Pain: Complete Patient Evaluation -- Diagnostic Imaging in Pain Management -- Pharmacology -- Opioids: Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics -- Opioids: Basic Concepts in Clinical Practice -- Nonopioid Analgesics in Pain Management -- Alternative and Herbal Pharmaceuticals -- Importance of Placebo Effect in Pain Management -- Non-pharmacologic Management of Pain -- Psychological and Psychosocial Evaluation of the Chronic Pain Patient -- Interventional Pain Management -- Functional Restoration of Patients with Pain -- Occupational Therapy in Client-Centered Pain Management -- Acupuncture -- Nursing Perspective on Pain Management -- Post-surgical Pain Management -- Acute Pain Management -- Pain Management for Trauma -- Regional Anesthesia Techniques -- Principles of Ultrasound Techniques --Labor Pain Management -- Chronic Pain Management -- Neuropathic Pain -- Ischemic and Visceral Pain -- Fibromyalgia, Arthritic, and Myofascial Pain -- Head, Neck, and Back Pain -- Headache -- Management of Cancer Pain -- Ethics in Pain Management and End of Life Care -- Additional Topics.
- Frozen section library. Pleura 2010, Springer
- Fructose, high fructose corn syrup, sucrose and health 2014, Springer
- Fuel for life household energy and health Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Fulbright brainstorms on bioethics bioethics : frontiers and new challenges. 1st ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Ch. 1. Introduction -- Ch. 2. Potential to reduce the cancer burden through cancer prevention and early detection -- Ch. 3. Lifestyle behaviors contributing to the burden of cancer -- Ch. 4. Modifying health risk behaviors -- Ch. 5. Potential of screening to reduce the burden of cancer -- Ch. 6. Improving participation in cancer screening programs -- Ch. 7. Adopting new technology in the face of uncertain science: the case of screening for lung cancer -- Ch. 8. Professional education and training -- Ch. 9. Federal programs that support cancer prevention and early detection -- Ch. 10. Research trends and opportunities -- Ch. 11. Findings, policy implications, and recommendations.
- Full catastrophe living using the wisdom of your body and mind to face stress, pain, and illness. Delta trade pbk. reissue. Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialA guide to awareness meditation methods offers a program for coping with illnesses as well as everyday stress.
- Function and control of the Spx-family of proteins within the bacterial stress response 2013, SpringerThis SpringerBrief on Spx reviews the investigations that led to the discovery of Spx and its orthologs and ties together the results of various studies that have explored the function and control of spx in Gram-positive organisms. Spx of Bacillus subtilis has been extensively studied, but very little has been published about it. This book incorporates a number of studies that have been conducted in other Gram positive bacteria, which examined the role of Spx orthologs in stress response, bacterial development and virulence. The book contains an overview that will introduce the protein and its orthologous forms, its association with RNA polymerase, the species of Gram-positive bacteria in which it is found, and the conditions in which it is abundant and active. Spx is a member of a large group of proteins belonging to the ArsC/Spx protein family, so the review touches upon the bioinformatic support for the protein family composition and its meaning with regard to protein structure/function.
- The sleep-wakefulness cycle -- Revision of the publications describing the anatomical connections and effects of lesions and electrical stimulation of brain structures on the sleep-wakefulness cycle -- Functional anatomy of wakefulness.
- Functional anatomy of the spine. 2nd ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Functional and GI motility disorders 2014, Karger"The clinical problems and dilemmas which the busy clinician encounters on a daily basis are the main focus of this publication. Emphasizing a clinical rather than a pathophysiological approach to problems, it facilitates access and helps the practicing clinician to develop an effective and efficient diagnostic and therapeutic strategy. Nevertheless, clinically important aspects of pathophysiology are also dealt with in detail when called for. A variety of scenarios that are especially relevant to modern medical practice, such as the intensive care unit, are taken into account. A group of internationally renowned experts guides the reader through the broad variety of diagnostic options available to assist in the assessment of symptoms originating anywhere along the gastrointestinal tract, from the esophagus to the anus, and, in each instance, every effort is made to critically appraise the technology discussed. Moreover, general overviews of broadly relevant therapeutic approaches are also provided. Pediatric and adult gastroenterologists, gastrointestinal surgeons and hospitalists will find this publication to be a valuable help in their daily practice"--Publisher's description.
- Functional and motility disorders of the gastrointestinal tract a case study approach 2015, SpringerGlobus -- Dysphagia -- Noncardiac Chest Pain -- Functional Gastrointestinal and Motility Disorders: Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease -- Aerophagia, Belching, and Rumination -- Dyspepsia -- Chronic nausea -- Gastroparesis -- Cyclical Vomiting Syndrome -- Gas and Bloating -- Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth -- Chronic Intestinal Pseudo-Obstruction -- Functional Gallbladder Disorder -- Right Upper Quadrant Pain after Cholecystectomy -- Chronic Constipation -- Irritable Bowel Syndrome -- Colonic Inertia -- Chronic Diarrhea -- Fecal Incontinence -- Rectal Pain -- Complementary and Alternative Management Strategies in Irritable Bowel Syndrome -- Appendix: Answers to Teaching Questions.
- Functional and neural mechanisms of interval timing 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Functional and structural proteomics of glycoproteins 2011, SpringerGlycoproteomics in health and disease / Weston B. Struwe, Eoin F.J. Cosgrave, Jennifer C. Byrne, Radka Saldova, and Pauline M. Rudd -- Glyco-engineering of Fc Glycans to enhance the biological functions of therapeutic IgGs / T. Shantha Raju, David M. Knight, and Robert E. Jordan -- Bioinformatics databases and applications available for glycobiology and glycomics / René Ranzinger, Kai Maass, and Thomas Lütteke -- Lectin microarrays: Simple tools for the analysis of complex glycans / Lakshmi Krishnamoorthy and Lara K. Mahal -- The application of high throughput mass spectrometry to the analysis of glycoproteins / Sasha Singh, Morten Thaysen Andersen, and Judith Jebanathirajah Steen -- Solutions to the glycosylation problem for low- and high-throughput structural glycoproteomics / Simon J. Davis and Max Crispin -- Role of glycoproteins in virus-human cell interactions / Thomas A. Bowden and Elizabeth E. Fry.
- One of the most common problems for spinal cord injury patients is urinary system dysfunction. The book Functional Bladder Reconstruction Following Spinal Cord Injury via Neural Approaches introduces how to solve this problem using multi-disciplinary approaches. From animal model studies to surgical techniques as well as successful case reports, six kinds of surgery are presented in separate chapters. This up-to-date monograph will be a valuable resource for surgeons, urologists and neurologists caring for spinal cord injury patients. The contributors are a group of surgeons working in the fields of orthopaedics and microsurgery.
- Functional brain tumor imaging 2014, SpringerThis book presents a comprehensive overview of current state-of-the-art clinical physiological imaging of brain tumors.? It focuses on the clinical applications of various modalities as they relate to brain tumor imaging, including techniques such as blood oxygen level dependent functional magnetic resonance imaging, diffusion tensor imaging, magnetic source imaging/magnetoencephalography, magnetic resonance perfusion imaging, magnetic resonance spectroscopic imaging, amide proton transfer imaging, high angular resolution diffusion imaging, sodium imaging, and molecular imaging. Featuring contributions from renowned experts in functional imaging, this book examines the diagnosis and characterization of brain tumors, details the application of functional imaging to treatment planning and monitoring of therapeutic intervention, and explores future directions in physiologic brain tumor imaging. Intended for neuro-oncologists, neurosurgeons, neuroradiologists, residents, and medical students, Functional Brain Tumor Imaging is a unique resource that serves to advance patient care and research in this rapidly developing field.
- Print MaterialAn introduction to thalamocortical pathways -- Cell and synaptic properties -- The basic organization of cortex and thalamus -- Classification of afferents in thalamus and cortex -- First and higher order thalamic relays -- The dual nature of the thalamic input to cortex -- Linking the body and the world to the thalamus -- The inputs to the cortex from the thalamus and the cortical descending outputs -- Thalamocortical links to the rest of the brain and the world.
- Functional dairy products 2003, CRCnetBASEpt. 1. The health benefits of functional dairy products -- pt. 2. Functional dairy ingredients -- pt. 3. Product development.
- Functional dairy products Vol. 2 / 2007, CRCnetBASEpt. 1. The health benefits of functional dairy products -- pt. 2. Functional dairy ingredients -- pt. 3. Product development.
- Electricity in medicine: philosophy meets physiology -- Electrodiagnosis and the physical examination: casting a fine net widely -- Dynamic electrodiagnosis: provocative/evocative maneuvers define diagnoses of exclusion and refine dual diagnoses -- Neurological thoracic outlet syndrome: approaching a pathognomonic sign -- Treating neurological thoracic outlet syndrome identified by a provoked electromyographic sign: analysis of the data -- Piriformis syndrome: electrophysiology vs anatomical assumption -- Treating piriformis syndrome identified by a provoked electromyographic sign: analysis of the data -- Radiculopathy vs spinal stenosis: evocative electrodiagnosis identifies the main pain generator -- Treating spinal stenosis identified by an evoked electromyographic sign: analysis of the data -- Extending dynamic electrodiagnosis: application to common and uncommon conditions.
- Functional food carbohydrates 2007, CRCnetBASEChapter 1. Cereal β-Glucans: Structures, Physical Properties, and Physiological Functions / Athina Lazaridou, Costas G. Biliaderis, and Marta S. Izydorczyk -- Chapter 2. Resistant Starch / Donald B. Thompson -- Chapter 3. Konjac Glucomannan / K. Nishinari and S. Gao -- Chapter 4. Seed Polysaccharide Gums / Steve W. Cui, Shinya Ikeda, and Michael N.A. Eskin -- Chapter 5. Microbial Polysaccharides / Ioannis Giavasis and Costas G. Biliaderis -- Chapter 6. Chitosan as a Dietary Supplement and a Food Technology Agent / Riccardo A.A. Muzzarelli and Corrado Muzzarelli -- Chapter 7. Arabinoxylans: Technologically and Nutritionally Functional Plant Polysaccharides / Marta S. Izydorczyk and Costas G. Biliaderis -- Chapter 8. Carbohydrates and the Risk of Cardiovascular Disease / Gunilla Önning -- Chapter 9. Carbohydrates and Obesity / Gail Woodward-Lopez, Dana E. Gerstein, Lorrene D. Ritchie, and Sharon E. Fleming -- Chapter 10. Dietary Carbohydrates and Risk of Cancer / Joanne Slavin -- Chapter 11. The Role of Carbohydrates in the Prevention and Management of Type 2 Diabetes / Kaisa Poutanen, David Laaksonen, Karin Autio, Hannu Mykkänen, and Leo Niskanen -- Chapter 12.Carbohydrates and Mineral Metabolism / David D. Kitts Chapter 13. Dietary Carbohydrates as Mood and Performance Modulators / Larry Christensen -- Chapter 14. Carbohydrates and Gastrointestinal Tract Function / Barbara O. Schneeman -- Chapter 15. Probiotics, Prebiotics, and Synbiotics: Functional Ingredients for Microbial Management Strategies / G.C.M. Rouzaud -- Chapter 16. Potential Use of Carbohydrates as Stabilizers and Delivery Vehicles of Bioactive Substances in Foods / Pirkko Forssell, Päivi Myllärinen, Piia Hakala, and Kaisa Poutanen -- Chapter 17. Food Regulations: Health Claims for Foods Fortified with Carbohydrates or Other Nutraceuticals / Jerzy Zawistowski.
- Functional foods and biotechnology 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Functional foods and cardiovascular disease 2012, CRCnetBASE"Drawn from the latest clinical and experimental information, this book covers products enriched with phytosterols, n-3 fatty acids, garlic extract naturally occurring antioxidants, folic acid, CLA, as well as fibers and flavonoids. It describes the connection between diets, dietary habits, and cardiovascular diseases. It also explains how functional food ingredients and nutraceuticals can mitigate cardiovascular disorders. The authors examine recent technologies for generating novel food products enriched with cardiovascular protective dietary agents. They include experimental and clinical evidence of various ingredients"--Provided by publisher.
- Part 1. The connection between nutrition and health -- part 2. Functional foods : the connection between health and food science.
- Functional genomics and proteomics in the clinical neurosciences. 1st ed. 2006, ScienceDirect
- Functional genomics methods and protocols 2003, Springer Protocols
- Functional glycomics 2010, ScienceDirect
- Functional hemodynamic monitoring 2005, Springer
- Functional histology. 2nd ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialThe cell -- Origin of tissue types -- Blood -- Epithelium -- Connective tissue -- Muscle -- Nervous system -- Circulatory system -- Skin -- Skeletal tissues -- Immune system -- Respiratory system -- Orodental and salivary tissues -- Gastrointestinal tract -- Liver, gall bladder, and pancreas -- Urinary system -- Endocrine system -- Female reproductive system -- Male reproductive system -- Special senses.
- Part I. Clinical and therapeutic approach to functional oncological imaging -- part II. Imaging of cancer hallmarks -- part III. Functional imaging techniques in clinical use -- part IV. Molecular imaging techniques in clinical use and in research.
- Tumors of the CNS and Spinal Cord -- Functional Magnetic Resonance Techniques in CNS Tumors -- MR Imaging Evaluation of Posttreatment Changes in Brain Neoplasms -- Metastasis and Other Tumors of the CNS -- Spinal Cord Tumors: Anatomic and Advanced Imaging -- Head and Neck Cancer -- Chest Malignancies -- Lung Cancer: PET, Perfusion CT, and Functional MR Imaging -- Functional Imaging of Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma and other Pleural and Chest Wall Lesions -- Functional Imaging of Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma and other Pleural and Chest Wall Lesions -- Thymomas and Other Thymic Primary Malignancies of the Chest -- Functional Imaging in Cardiac Tumors -- Women's Cancers -- Breast Cancer -- PET-CT of Gynecological Malignancies and Ovarian Cancer -- Functional MRI of Uterine (Endometrial and Cervical) Cancer -- Functional Imaging of Ovarian Cancer and Peritoneal Carcinomatosis -- Malignancies of the Gastrointestinal System -- Esophagus, Stomach, and Small Bowel Malignancies -- Colorectal Cancer -- Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Malignancies -- Overview of Functional Imaging Techniques for Liver Malignancies in Current Clinical Practice or in a Very Near Future -- Hepatocellular Carcinoma -- Role of Functional MRI in the Management of Liver Metastases -- Other Malignant Lesions of the Liver -- Functional Imaging of Gallbladder and Biliary Malignancies -- Splenic Lesions -- Genitourinary Tract Tumors -- Functional Imaging of Renal Cell Carcinoma -- Functional CT and MRI of the Urinary System and Adrenal Glands -- Prostate Cancer -- Scrotum -- Functional Imaging of Tumors of the Mesenterium and Retroperitoneum -- Malignancies of the Endocrine System -- Functional Oncological Imaging of the Endocrine System -- Hematological Malignancies -- Functional Imaging in Clinical Use for the Assessment of Lymph Nodes in Oncological Patients -- Functional Imaging in Lymphoma -- Multiple Myeloma and Other Hematological Malignancies -- Malignant Tumors of the Musculoskeletal System -- Advanced MRI Techniques of Soft Tissue Tumors -- Bone Malignancies -- Bone Metastasis -- Functional Imaging of Pediatric Malignancies -- Malignant Melanoma.
- Functional informatics in drug discovery 2008, CRCnetBASEIntelligent automation / James M. Dixon -- Neurally inspired algorithms as computational tools / Mark Flynn and Garrett T. Kenyon -- Using pharmacodynamic biomarkers to accelerate early clinical drug development / Ole Vesterqvist -- Opportunities in CNS drug discovery and development / Albert Pinhasov ... [et al.] -- Clinical success of antibody therapeutics in oncology / Bernard J. Scallon ... [et al.] -- Relating target sequence to biological function / Greg M. Arndt -- Use of protein microarrays for molecular network analysis and signal-pathway profiling / Katherine R. Calvo, Lance A. Liotta, and Emanuel F. Petricoin -- Laser-microdissection-based transcriptomics using microarrays / Fredrik Kamme ... [et al.].
- Functional lipidomics 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Functional lung imaging Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Functional magnetic resonance imaging processing 2014, SpringerWith strong numerical and computational focus, this book serves as an essential resource on the methods for functional neuroimaging analysis, diffusion weighted image analysis, and longitudinal VBM analysis. It includes four MRI image modalities analysis methods. The first covers the PWI methods, which is the basis for understanding cerebral flow in human brain. The second part, the book s core, covers MRI methods in three specific domains: first level analysis, second level analysis, and effective connectivity study. The third part covers the analysis of Diffusion weighted image, i.e. DTI, QBI and DSI image analysis. Finally, the book covers (longitudinal) VBM methods and its application to Alzheimer s disease study.
- Functional magnetic resonance imaging. 2nd ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialAn introduction to fMRI -- MRI scanners -- Basic principles of MR signal generation -- Basic principles of MR image formation -- Contrast mechanisms -- From neuronal to hemodynamic activity -- Bold fMRI : origins and properties -- Signal, noice, and, preprocessing of fMRI data -- Experimental design -- Statistical analysis : basic analyses -- Statistical analysis : advanced approaches -- Applications of fMRI -- Combining fMRI with other techniques -- The future of fMRI : practical and ethical issues.
- Functional microbial genomics 2002, ScienceDirect
- Functional movement development across the life span. 3rd ed. 2012, ScienceDirectFunctional independence : a lifelong goal -- Theories affecting development -- Motor development -- Motor control and motor learning -- Evaluation of function, activity, and participation -- Skeletal system changes -- Muscle system changes -- Cardiovascular and pulmonary systems changes -- Nervous system changes -- Sensory system changes -- Vital functions -- Posture and balance -- Locomotion -- Prehension -- Health and fitness.
- Functional MRI basic principles and clinical applications 2006, Springer
- Functional neural transplantation III. Part I-II primary and stem cell therapies for brain repair.. 1st ed. pt. I-II, 2012, ScienceDirectpt. 1 ScienceDirectThis issue of Progress in Brain Research is split over 2 volumes, bringing together cutting-edge research on Functional Neural Transplantation. The 2 volumes review current knowledge and understanding, provide a starting point for researchers and practitioners entering the field, and build a platform for further research and discovery. Leading authors review the state-of-the-art in their field of investigation, and provide their views and perspectives for future research Chapters are extensively referenced to provide readers with a comprehensive list of resources on the topics covered All chapters include comprehensive background information and are written in a clear form that is also accessible to the non-specialist.
- Functional neuroanatomy of pain 2006, Springer
- Functional neuroanatomy text and atlas. 2nd ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Functional neurobiology of aging 2001, ScienceDirect
- Functional neuroimaging a clinical approach Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialPhysical principles of bold fMRI : what is important for the clinician / Andrei I. Holodny and Bob L. Hou -- Preparing the patient for the fMRI study and optimization of paradigm selection and delivery / Nicole M. Petrovich Brennan -- Methods of analysis / Kyung K. Peck -- Fact or artifact? / John F. Kaufman and Joseph A. Maldjian -- Language / Jay J. Pillai -- Vision and higher cortical function / Sonia Gill, John Ulmer, and Edgar A. DeYoe -- Cortical plasticity / Andrei I. Holodny -- Functional image-guided neurosurgery / Cameron W. Brennan and Nicole M. Petrovich Brennan -- Development and developmental disorders / Adam P. Wallach -- Neurodegenerative disorders / Lihong Wang and Jeffrey R. Petrella -- Diffusion imaging and tensor physics for the clinician / Richard Watts -- Diffusion-weighted imaging in stroke / Pamela W. Schaefer and William A. Copen -- Diffusion imaging in brain tumors and treatment response / Shareef Riad, Andrei I. Holodny, and Suresh K. Mukherji -- DTI of developmental and pediatric disorders / Michael J.J. Kim and James M. Provenzale -- DTI of neurodegenerative disorders / Sumei Wang, John H. Woo, and Elias R. Melhem -- Perfusion imaging / Jonathan P. Dyke -- Perfusion imaging : physical principles and applications in the brain / Meng Law -- Magnetoencephalography / Timothy P.L. Roberts, Christpher Edgar, and Erin Simon Schwartz.
- Functional neuroimaging in exercise and sport sciences 2012, SpringerPart 1. Theoretical Background, Animal Models, and Basic Sciences -- Exercise and the Brain: Neurogenesis, Synaptic Plasticity, Spine Density, and Angiogenesis / Zejun Wang and Henriette van Praag -- Molecular Mechanisms for the Ability of Exercise Supporting Cognitive Abilities and Counteracting Neurological Disorders / Fernando Gómez-Pinilla and Cameron Feng -- Opioids and Exercise: Animal Models / Rod K. Dishman and Philip V. Holmes -- The Monoaminergic System in Animal Models of Exercise / Romain Meeusen and Vinciane Fontenelle -- Part 2. Methods for Human Neuroimaging in Exercise and Sport Sciences: Theoretical Background and Practical Aspects -- Methods for Measurement of Physical Fitness and Training Recommendations in Studies on Humans / Wildor Hollmann, Helge Knigge, Axel Knicker and Heiko K. Strüder -- Psychological Assessments in Physical Exercise / Marcel Daamen and Markus Raab -- Assessing Somatosensory Profiles and Autonomic Nervous System Responses in Physical Exercise Studies / Michael Valet, Till Sprenger, Lukas Scheef and Henning Boecker -- Humoral Factors in Humans Participating in Different Types of Exercise and Training / Sandra Rojas Vega, Wildor Hollmann and Heiko K. Strüder -- EEG: Theoretical Background and Practical Aspects / Stefan Schneider and Heiko K. Strüder -- NIRS: Theoretical Background and Practical Aspects / Matthias Kohl-Bareis -- Theoretical Background of MR Imaging / Lukas Scheef and Frank Träber -- Functional and Structural MRI: Theoretical Background and Practical Aspects / Lukas Scheef and Henning Boecker -- PET: Theoretical Background and Practical Aspects / Isabelle Miederer and Henning Boecker -- Part 3. Effects of Exercise on Brain Perfusion, Metabolism, and Structure -- NIRS for Measuring Cerebral Hemodynamic Responses During Exercise / Stéphane Perrey -- PET Studies of Brain Metabolism in Exercise Research / Manabu Tashiro, Toshihiko Fujimoto, Mohammad Mehedi Masud, Sabina Khondkar and Shoichi Watanuki, et al. -- Physical Exercise and the Resting Brain / Christina E. Hugenschmidt, Paul J. Laurienti and Jonathan H. Burdette -- Structural Plasticity Induced by Physical Exercise / Destiny L. Miller, Andrea M. Weinstein and Kirk I. Erickson -- Part 4. Effects of Exercise on Cognitive Processing -- The Relation of ERP Indices of Exercise to Brain Health and Cognition / Charles H. Hillman, Keita Kamijo and Matthew B. Pontifex -- Relationship Between Exercise and Cognitive Processing Studied by MRI in Elderly People / Kirk I. Erickson, Sarah E. Banducci and Stephanie L. Akl -- Cross-sectional Studies on the Influence of Exercise on Brain Structure, Functional Activation, and Cognition in Health and Disease / Agnes Flöel and Stefan Knecht -- Part 5. Effects of Exercise on Affective Processing -- The Effects of Exercise on Brain Cortical Function and Its Implication on Mental Health and Mood / Stefan Schneider and Heiko K. Strüder -- Effects of Aerobic Exercise on Mood and Human Opioidergic Activation Measured by Positron Emission Tomography / Henning Boecker, Thomas R. Tölle, Michael Valet and Till Sprenger.
- Pt. 1. Diffusion and perfusion imaging -- Pt. 2. Magnetic resonance spectroscopy -- Pt. 3. Multi modality functional neuroradiology -- Pt. 4. BOLD functional MRI : physical principles -- Pt. 5. BOLD functional MRI : clinical applications -- Pt. 6. Diffusion tensor imaging -- Pt. 7. Beyond proton imaging -- Pt. 8. Functional spine and CSF imaging -- Pt. 9. Neuroanatomical brain atlas.
- Functional neuroscience evoked potentials and related techniques ; selected presentations from the 8th International Evoked Potentials Symposium, (Fukuoka, Japan). 1st ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- This practical manual reviews historical concepts, contemporary research, and diagnostic techniques for functional visual disorders. Functional Ophthalmic Disorders: Ocular Malingering and Visual Hysteria is a how-to manual that is written for the practicing ophthalmologist and optometrist, complete with color photos that allow the reader to see pictures of select conditions and diagnostic testing. In addition to the photos, videos are provided online to illustrate simulated testing and results on a mock patient to assist in the differential diagnosis. Written and edited by leaders in the field, the topics include the history and characteristics of functional disorders, the differential diagnosis of ocular malingering and hysteria, and practical testing in an ophthalmologic examination to distinguish the conditions from organic disease.
- Functional protein microarrays in drug discovery 2007, CRCnetBASEHigh-throughput gene cloning using the Gateway technology / Scott N. Peterson ... [et al.] -- Protein expression for microarrays / Harry H. Yim, Thomas G. Chappell, and Steven H. Harwood -- Emerging trend: cell-free protein expression / Federico Katzen and Wieslaw Kudlicki -- The critical role of surface chemistry in protein microarrays / Athena Guo and X.-Y. Zhu -- Fabrication of sol-gel-derived protein microarrays for diagnostics and screening / Nicholas Rupcich and John D. Brennan -- Printing and QC of functional protein microarrays / Dee Shen, Fang X. Zhou, and Barry Schweitzer -- Protein engineering for surface attachment / Aparna Girish, Grace Y. J. Chen, and Shao Q. Yao -- Protein in situ arrays through cell-free protein synthesis / Mingyue He ... [et al.] -- Fluorescent detection methods for protein microarrays / Steven Roman and Scott Clarke -- Functional analysis of protein interactions using surface plasmon resonance-based microarrays / Alan McWhirter and Stefan Löfås -- Leaving the surface behind: at the intersection of protein microarrays and mass spectrometry / Darrell P. Chandler ... [et al.] -- High-resolution label-free detection applied to protein microarray research / Lance G. Laing and Brian Cunningham -- Studying protein-protein interactions with protein microarrays: rapid identification of 14-3-3 protein binding partners / Jun-ichi Satoh -- A combined force of chemical genetics and protein microarrays / Heng Zhu and Jing Huang -- Antibody profiling for protein drug development and clinical development / Steve H. Herrmann -- Humoral response profiling using protein microarrays / Arun Sreekumar ... [et al.] -- DNA interactions with arrayed proteins / Marina Snapyan and Vehary Sakanyan -- G protein-coupled receptor microarrays for drug discovery / John Salon ... [et al.] -- Kinase substrate identification using yeast protein microarrays / Geeta Devgan and Michael Snyder -- Protein microarray image analysis / Minzi Ruan -- The analysis of protein arrays / Brad Love -- Evaluating precision and recall in functional protein arrays / Keith Robison -- Visualization of protein microarray data / Kevin Clancy.
- Functional proteomics methods and protocols 2008, Springer ProtocolsA brief summary of the different types of mass spectrometers used in proteomics / Christine Schaeffer-Reiss -- Experimental setups and considerations to study microbial interactions / Petter Melin -- Plant proteomics / Eric Sarnighausen and Ralf Reski -- Methods for human CD8+ T lymphocyte proteome analysis / Lynne Thadikkaran ... [et al.] -- Label-free proteomics of serum / Natalia Govorukhina, Peter Horvatovich, and Rainer Bischoff -- Flow cytometric analysis of cell membrane microparticles / Monique P. Gelderman and Jan Simak -- Exosomes / Joost P.J.J. Hegmans, Peter J. Gerber, and Bart N. Lambrecht -- Toward a full characterization of the human 20S proteasome subunits and their isoforms by a combination of proteomic approaches / Sandrine Uttenweiler-Joseph ... [et al.] -- Free-flow electrophoresis of the human urinary proteome / Mikkel Nissum and Robert Wildgruber -- Versatile screening for binary protein-protein interactions by yeast two-hybrid mating / Stef J.F. Letteboer and Ronald Roepman -- Native fractionation : isolation of native membrane-bound protein complexes from porcine rod outer segments using isopycnic density gradient centrifugation / Magdalena Swiatek-de Lange, Bernd Müller, and Marius Ueffing -- Mapping the signaling pathways by functional interaction proteomics / Alex von Kriegsheim, Christian Preisinger, and Walter Kolch -- Selection of recombinant antibodies by eukaryotic ribosome display / Mingyue He and Michael J. Taussig -- Production of protein arrays by cell-free systems / Mingyue He and Michael J. Taussig -- Nondenaturing mass spectrometry to study noncovalent protein/protein and protein/ligand complexes : technical aspects and application to the determination of binding stoichiometries / Sarah Sanglier ... [et al.] -- Protein processing characterized by a gel-free proteomics approach / Petra Van Damme ... [et al.] -- Identification and characterization of N-glycosylated proteins using proteomics / David S. Selby ... [et al.] -- Data standards and controlled vocabularies for proteomics / Lennart Martens, Luisa Montecchi Palazzi, and Henning Hermjakob -- The PRIDE proteomics identifications database : data submission, query, and dataset comparison / Philip Jones and Richard Côté -- Searching the protein interaction space through the MINT database / Andrew Chatr-aryamontri ... [et al.] -- PepSeeker : mining information from proteomic data / Jennifer A. Siepen, Julian N. Selley, and Simon J. Hubbard -- Toward high-throughput and reliable peptide identification via MS/MS spectra / Jian Liu -- MassSorter : peptide mass fingerprinting data analysis / Ingvar Eidhammer, Harald Barsnes and Svein-Ole Mikalsen -- Database similarity searches / Frédéric Plewniak -- Protein multiple sequence alignment / Chuong B. Do and Kazutaka Katoh -- Discovering biomedical knowledge from the literature / Jasmin Šaríc, Henriette Engelken, and Uwe Reyle -- Protein subcellular localization prediction using artificial intelligence technology / Rajesh Nair and Burkhard Rost -- Protein functional annotation by homology / Raja Mazumder, Sona Vasudevan, and Anastasia N. Nikolskaya -- Designability and disease / Philip Wong and Dmitrij Frishman -- Prism : protein-protein interaction prediction by structural matching / Ozlem Keskin, Ruth Nussinov, and Attila Gursoy -- Prediction of protein interaction based on similarity of phylogenetic trees / Florencio Pazos ... [et al.] -- Large multiprotein structures modeling and simulation : the need for mesoscopic models / Antoine Coulon, Guillaume Beslon, and Olivier Gandrillon -- Dynamic pathway modeling of signal transduction networks : a domain-oriented approach / Holger Conzelmann and Ernst-Dieter Gilles.
- Functional respiratory disorders when respiratory symptoms do not respond to pulmonary treatment 2012, SpringerPart 1. Recognition of Functional Respiratory Symptoms. -- What Is a Functional Respiratory Disorder? / Ran D. Anbar and Howard R. Hall -- Functional Aspects of an Organic Respiratory Disorder: Cystic Fibrosis / Dewey G. Meyers and Ran D. Anbar -- Part 2. Common Functional Respiratory and Related Conditions. -- Chest Pain / Dilip R. Patel -- Dyspnea / Douglas N. Homnick -- The Habit Cough Syndrome and Its Variations / Miles M. Weinberger -- Vocal Cord Dysfunction / Miles M. Weinberger and Devang R. Doshi -- Functional Sleep Disorders / Zafer N. Soultan and Ran D. Anbar -- Part 3. Treatment of Functional Respiratory Disorders. -- When Should a Patient Be Referred to a Mental Health Provider? / Brett G. Toelle, Juliet M. Foster and Christine R. Jenkins -- Basic Cognitive Behavioral Therapy: Applications for Functional Respiratory Disorders and Other Medically Unexplained Symptoms / Courtney E. Du Mond and David A. Johnson -- Biofeedback Therapy for Asthma / Paul M. Lehrer -- Breathing Techniques for Asthma and Other Respiratory Diseases / Christine R. Jenkins -- Hypnosis for the Treatment of Functional Respiratory Disorders / Ran D. Anbar -- Speech Therapy for the Treatment of Functional Respiratory Disorders / Heather L. Hodges -- Pharmacologic Therapy in Patients with Functional Respiratory Disorders / Charles R. Harris, Joseph F. Zastrow and Ran D. Anbar -- The Healing Energy of Breath in Traditional Chinese Medicine and Other Eastern Traditions / Reinhild Draeger-Muenke and Maximilian Muenke -- Mindfulness Meditation for the Treatment of Functional Respiratory Disorders / Adam S. Elias.
- Functional symptoms in pediatric disease a clinical guide 2014, SpringerMany children with medical conditions fail to improve despite physicians' best efforts. Sometimes, we ascribe this failure to lack of adherence to therapy, or to the severity of the condition. What we often fail to appreciate, however, is that sometimes the lack of improvement can be explained by the patients' psychological states. The first section of Functional Symptoms in Pediatric Disease: A Clinical Guide teaches children's health care providers to recognize functional symptoms that can complicate organic disease, as well as symptoms that are believed to be purely functional in origin. Literature reviews, case studies and quizzes are provided in each chapter, with video demonstrations included in some of the chapters. The second section of the book will help clinicians differentiate the patients for whom referral to a mental health provider is mandatory from those for whom other approaches may be useful. For the latter group, the book teaches clinicians to empower themselves by learning how to incorporate various therapies for functional disorders into their practice, including biofeedback, basic cognitive behavioral therapy techniques, hypnosis, acupressure, yoga and meditation. Practical strategies for obtaining training in these modalities are provided in the appendix. Useful for practicing clinicians including pediatricians, family practitioners, pediatric subspecialists, child psychiatrists, psychologists, other mental health care providers and practitioners of alternative and complementary medicine, Functional Symptoms in Pediatric Disease: A Clinical Guide is an important new book that will help children's health care providers consider the possible impact of functional contributions to the clinical presentation of their patients.
- Functional ultrastructure atlas of tissue biology and pathology. 2nd, rev. and enl. ed. 2010, Springer
- Fundamental immunology. 7th ed. 2013, OvidSection I: Introduction to immunology -- chapter 1. The immune system / William E. Paul -- chapter 2. History of immunology / Steven Greenberg -- Section II: Organization and evolution of the immune system -- chapter 3. Lymphoid tissues and organs / Eitan M. Akirav ... [et al.] -- chapter 4. Evolution of the immune system / Martin F. Flajnik and Louis Du Pasquier -- Section III: Immunoglobulins and B-lymphocytes -- chapter 5. Immunoglobulins: structure and function / Harry W. Schroeder Jr., David Wald, and Neil S. Greenspan -- chapter 6. Immunoglobulins: molecular genetics / Edward E. Max and Sebastian Fugmann -- chapter 7. Antigen-antibody interactions and monoclonal antibodies / Jay A. Berzofsky and Ira J. Berkower -- chapter 8. B-lymphocyte development and biology / Richard R. Hardy -- chapter 9. B-lymphocyte receptors, signaling mechanisms, and activation / Akanksha Chaturvedi ... [et al.] -- chapter 10. B-lymphocyte responses / Michael McHeyzer-Williams -- Section IV: T-lymphocytes -- chapter 11. T-cell antigen receptors / Mark M. Davis and Yueh-Hsiu Chien -- chapter 12. Mechanisms of T-lymphocyte signaling and activation / Takashi Saito -- chapter 13. T-lymphocyte developmental biology / Ellen V. Rothenberg and Ameya Champhekar -- chapter 14. Peripheral T-lymphocyte responses and function / Marc K. Jenkins -- Section V: The intersection of innate and adaptive immunity -- chapter 15. The innate immune system / Luke A. J. O'Neill -- chapter 16. Dendritic cells / Kang Liu, Michel C. Nussenzweig -- chapter 17. Natural killer cells / Wayne M. Yokoyama -- chapter 18. CD1d-restricted natural killer T-cells / Albert Bendelac -- chapter 19. Macrophages and phagocytosis / Siamon Gordon -- chapter 20. Granulocytes and mast cells / Patrizia Scapini ... [et al.] -- chapter 21. The major histocompatibility complex and its proteins / David H. Margulies ... [et al.] -- chapter 22. Antigen processing and presentation / Ted H. Hansen and Paul A. Roche -- Section VI: Induction, regulation, and effector functions of the immune response -- chapter 23. Immunogenicity and antigen structure / Jay A. Berzofsky and Ira J. Berkower -- chapter 24. Rc receptors and their role in immune regulation and inflammation / Jeffrey V. Ravetch and Falk Nimmerjahn -- chapter 25. Type I cytokines and interferons, and their receptors / Warren J. Leonard -- chapter 26. The interleukin-1 family / Charles A. Dinarello and Mihai G. Netea -- chapter 27. Tumor necrosis factor-related cytokines in immunity / Carl F. Ware -- chapter 28. Chemokines / Philip M. Murphy -- chapter 29. Helper T-cell differentiation and plasticity / John J. O'Shea -- chapter 30. Programmed cell death / Andrew L. Snow and Michael J. Lenardo -- chapter 31. Immunologic memory / Shane Crotty, Susan M. Kaech, and Stephen P. Schoenberger -- chapter 32. Immunologic tolerance / Christopher C. Goodnow and Pamela S. Ohashi -- chapter 33. Regulatory/suppressor T-cells / Ethan M. Shevach -- chapter 34. The mucosal immune system / Yasmine Belkaid -- chapter 35. Neurophysiologic reflex mechanisms in immunology / Sangeeta S. Chavan and Kevin J. Tracey -- chapter 36. Complement / B. Paul Morgan -- chapter 37. Cell-mediated cytotoxicity / Judy Lieberman -- Section VII: Immunity to infectious agents -- chapter 38. The immune response to parasites / Thomas A. Wynn ... [et al.] -- chapter 39. Immunity to viruses / Hildegund C. J. Ertl -- chapter 40. Immunity to intracellular bacteria / Anca Dorhoi, Stephen T. Reece, and Stefan H. E. Kaufmann -- chapter 41. Immunity to extracellular bacteria / Moon H. Nahm and Jannet Katz -- chapter 42. Immunology of human immunodeficiency virus infection / Douglas S. Kwon and Bruce D. Walker -- chapter 43. Vaccines / Ennio De Gregorio ... [et al.] -- Section VIII: Immunologic mechanisms in disease -- chapter 44. Autoimmunity and autoimmune diseases / Ken T. Coppieters, Matthias G. von Herrath, and Dirk Homann -- chapter 45. Immunologic mechanisms of allergic disorders / Marsha Wills-Karp and Ian Lewkowich -- chapter 46. Transplantation immunology / Megan Sykes, Kathryn Wood, and David H. Sachs -- chapter 47. Cancer immunology / Hans Schreiber -- chapter 48. Inborn errors of immunity / Jean-Laurent Casanova, Mary Ellen Conley, and Luigi D. Notarangelo.
- Fundamental neuroscience for basic and clinical applications. 3rd ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Fundamental neuroscience for basic and clinical applications. Fourth Edition [4th ed.] 2013, ClinicalKeyTurn to Fundamental Neuroscience for a thorough, clinically relevant understanding of this complicated subject! Integrated coverage of neuroanatomy, physiology, and pharmacology, with a particular emphasis on systems neurobiology, effectively prepares you for your courses, exams, and beyond. Easily comprehend and retain complex material thanks to the expert instruction of Professor Duane Haines, recipient of the Henry Gray/Elsevier Distinguished Teacher Award from the American Association of Anatomists and the Distinguished Teacher Award from the Association of American Colleges. Access the complete contents online at www.studentconsult.com, plus 150 USMLE-style review questions, sectional images correlated with the anatomical diagrams within the text, and more.
- Fundamental neuroscience. 3rd ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialFundamentals of neuroscience -- Basic plan of the nervous system -- Cellular components of nervous tissue -- Subcellular organization of the nervous system: organelles and their functions -- Electrotonic properties of axons and dendrites -- Membrane potential and action potential -- Neurotransmitters -- Release of neurotransmitters -- Neurotransmitter receptors -- Intracellular signaling -- Postsynaptic potentials and synaptic integration -- Complex information processing in dendrites -- Brain energy metabolism -- Neural induction and pattern formation -- Cellular determination -- Neurogenesis and migration -- Growth cones and axon pathfinding -- Target selection, topographic maps, and synapse formation -- Programmed cell death and neurotrophic factors -- Synapse elimination -- Dendritic development -- Early experience and sensitive periods -- Fundamentals of sensory systems -- Chemical senses: taste and olfaction -- Somatosensory system -- Audition -- Vision -- Fundamentals of motor systems -- The spinal and peripheral motor system -- Descending control of movement -- The basal ganglia -- Cerebellum -- Eye movements -- The hypothalamus: an overview of regulatory systems -- Central control of autonomic functions: organization of the autonomic nervous system -- Neural regulation of the cardiovascular system -- Neural control of breathing -- Food intake and metabolism -- Water intake and body fluids -- Neuroendocrine systems -- Circadian timekeeping -- Sleep, dreaming, and wakefulness -- Reward, motivation, and addiction -- Human brain evolution -- Cognitive development and aging -- Visual perception of objects -- Spatial cognition -- Attention -- Learning and memory: basic mechanisms -- Learning and memory: brain systems -- Language and communication -- The prefrontal cortex and executive brain functions -- The neuroscience of consciousness.
- Fundamental neuroscience. 4th ed. 2013, ClinicalKeyFundamentals of Neuroscience -- Basic Plan of the Nervous System -- Cellular Components of Nervous Tissue -- Subcellular Organization of the Nervous System: Organelles and Their Functions -- Membrane Potential and Action Potential -- Neurotransmitters -- Release of Neurotransmitters -- Neurotransmitter Receptors -- Intracellular Signaling -- Postsynaptic Potentials and Synaptic Integration -- Information Processing in Dendrites and Spines -- Brain Energy Metabolism -- Neural Induction and Pattern Formation -- Cellular Determination -- Neurogenesis and Migration -- Growth Cones and Axon Pathfinding -- Synapse Formation -- Programmed Cell Death and Neurotrophic Factors -- Synapse Elimination -- Dendritic Development -- Early Experience and Sensitive Periods -- Fundamentals of Sensory Systems -- Chemical Senses: Taste and Olfaction -- The Somatosensory System -- Audition -- Vision -- Fundamentals of Motor Systems -- The Spinal and Peripheral Motor System -- Control of Movement -- The Basal Ganglia -- Cerebellum -- Eye Movements -- The Hypothalamus: An Overview of Regulatory Systems -- Central Control of Autonomic Functions: Organization of the Autonomic Nervous System -- Neural Control of Respiratory and Cardiovascular Functions -- Food Intake and Metabolism -- Water and Salt Intake and Body Fluid Homeostasis -- Neuroendocrine Systems -- Circadian Timekeeping -- The Neurobiology of Sleep and Dreaming -- Reward, Motivation, and Addiction -- Human Brain Evolution -- Cognitive Development and Aging -- Visual Perception of Objects -- Spatial Cognition -- Attention -- Learning and Memory: Basic Mechanisms -- Learning and Memory: Brain Systems -- Language -- The Prefrontal Cortex and Executive Brain Functions -- The Neuroscience of Consciousness.
- Fundamentals in oncologic ultrasound sonographic imaging and intervention in the cancer patient 2009, Springer
- Fundamentals of aerospace medicine. 4th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialHistory -- The beginnings: past and present / J. Robert Dille and Stanley R. Mohler -- Physiology and environment -- Respiratory physiology and protection against hypoxia / Jeb S. Pickard and David P. Gradwell -- Physiology of decompressive stress / Jan Stepanek and James T. Webb -- Human response to acceleration / Robert D. Banks ... [et al.] -- Vibration and acoustics / Suzanne D. Smith, Jerry R. Goodman, and Ferdinand W. Grosveld -- Spatial orientation in flight / A. J. Parmet and W. R. Ercoline -- Thermal stress / Robert W. Kenefick ... [et al.] -- Cosmic radiation / Michael Bagshaw and Francis A. Cucinotta -- Aerospace toxicology and microbiology / John T. James, A. J. Parmet, and Duane L. Pierson -- Space environments / James Perry Locke -- Clinical -- Pilot health and aeromedical certification / Robert R. Orford and Warren S. Silberman -- Respiratory diseases: aeromedical implications / Jeb S. Pickard and Gary W. Gray -- Clinical aerospace cardiovascular medicine / James R. Strader, Jr., Gary W. Gray, and William B. Kruyer -- Ophthalmology in aerospace medicine / Thomas J. Tredici and Douglas J. Ivan -- Otolaryngology in aerospace medicine / James R. Phelan -- Aerospace neurology / John D. Hastings -- Aerospace psychiatry / David R. Jones -- Endocrine system and nephrology / Paula A. Corrigan and Curtiss B. Cook -- Infectious diseases / Glenn W. Mitchell and Gregory J. Martin -- Dental considerations in aerospace medicine / William M. Morlang, II -- Operations -- Occupational and environmental medical support to the aviation industry / Roy L. Dehart and Steven M. Hetrick -- Women's health issues in aerospace medicine / Monica B. Gorbandt and Richard A. Knittig -- An introduction to human factors in aerospace / Thomas Rathjen ... [et al.] -- Space operations / Richard T. Jennings, Charles F. Sawin, and Michael R. Barratt -- Aircraft accidents: investigation and prevention / Stephen J. H. Véronneau and Eduard M. Ricaurte -- Aviation medicine in unique environments / Thomas F. Clarke ... [et al.] -- Aerospace medicine issues in unique aircraft types / Richard S. Williams ... [et al.] -- The practice of international aerospace medicine / Claude Thibeault -- The future -- Aviation, government space, biomedical innovations, and education / Jeffrey R. Davis -- Commercial human space flight / Melchor J. Antuñano ... [et al.].
- Over the past decade, significant progress has been made in the theory and applications of pharmacodynamics of antimicrobial agents. On the basis of pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic modeling concepts it has become possible to describe and predict the time course of antimicrobial effects under normal and pathophysiological conditions. The study of pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic relationships can be of considerable value in understanding drug action, defining optimal dosing regimens, and in making predictions under new or changing pre-clinical and clinical circumstances. Not surprisingly, pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic modeling concepts are increasingly applied in both basic and clinical research as well as in drug development. Fundamentals of Antimicrobial Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics is designed as a reference on the application of pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic principles for the optimization of antimicrobial therapy, namely pharmacotherapy, and infectious diseases. The reader is introduced to various aspects of the fundamentals of antimicrobial pharmacodynamics, the integration of pharmacokinetics with pharmacodynamics for all major classes of antibiotics, from basic research to clinical situations.
- 1. Introduction -- 2. Force Vector -- 3. Moment and Torque Vectors -- 4. Statics: Systems in Equilibrium -- 5. Applications of Statics to Biomechanics -- 6. Introduction to Dynamics -- 7. Linear Kinematics -- 8. Linear Kinetics -- 9. Angular Kinematics -- 10. Angular Kinetics -- 11. Impulse and Momentum -- 12. Introduction to Deformable Body Mechanics -- 13. Stress and Strain -- 14. Multiaxial Deformations and Stress Analyses -- 15. Mechanical Properties of Biological Tissues -- Appendex A. Plane Geometry -- Appendix B. Vector Algebra -- Appendix C. Calculus.
- Fundamentals of biomechanics. 2nd ed. 2007, Springer
- Fundamentals of biomedical transport processes 2010, AtyponTransport processes represents important life sustaining elements in all humans. These include mass transfer processes, including gas exchange in the lungs, transport across capillaries and alveoli, transport across the kidneys, and transport across cell membranes. These mass transfer processes affect how oxygen and carbon dioxide are exchanged in your bloodstream, how metabolic waste products are removed from your blood, how nutrients are transported to tissues, and how all cells function throughout the body. A discussion of kidney dialysis and gas exchange mechanisms is included. Another element in biomedical transport processes is that of momentum transport and fluid flow. This describes how blood is propelled from the heart and throughout the cardiovascular system, how blood elements affect the body, including gas exchange, infection control, clotting of blood, and blood flow resistance, which affects cardiac work. A discussion of the measurement of the blood resistance to flow (viscosity), blood flow, and pressure is also included. A third element in transport processes in the human body is that of heat transfer, including heat transfer inside the body towards the periphery as well as heat transfer from the body to the environment. A discussion of temperature measurements and body protection in extreme heat conditions is also included.
- Fundamentals of body CT. 3rd ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Fundamentals of body CT. Fourth edition [4th ed.] 2015, ClinicalKeyIntroduction to CT of the thorax : chest CT techniques -- Mediastinum : introduction and normal anatomy -- Mediastinum : vascular abnormalities -- Mediastinum : lymph node abnormalities and masses -- The pulmonary hila -- Lung disease -- Pleura, chest wall, and diaphragm -- Introduction to CT of the abdomen and pelvis -- Peritoneal cavity, vessels, nodes, and abdominal wall -- Abdominal trauma -- Liver -- Biliary tree and gallbladder -- Pancreas -- Spleen -- Kidneys and ureters -- Adrenal glands -- Gastrointestinal tract -- Pelvis -- CT in musculoskeletal trauma -- CT in musculoskeletal nontrauma -- Incidental findings.
- Fundamentals of body MRI 2011, ScienceDirectFundamentals of Body MRI-a new title in the Fundamentals of Radiology series-explains and defines key concepts in body MRI so you can confidently make radiologic diagnoses. Dr. Christopher G. Roth presents comprehensive guidance on body imaging-from the liver to the female pelvis-and discusses how physics, techniques, hardware, and artifacts affect results. In print and online at www.expertconsult.com, this detailed and heavily illustrated reference will help you effectively master the complexities of interpreting findings from this imaging modality. Access the fully searchable contents of the text online at www.expertconsult.com. Master MRI techniques for the entirety of body imaging, including liver, breast, male and female pelvis, and cardiovascular MRI. Avoid artifacts thanks to extensive discussions of considerations such as physics and parameter tradeoffs. Grasp visual nuances through numerous images and correlating anatomic illustrations.
- Fundamentals of brain development integrating nature and nurture Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialThe central questions about psychological and biological development -- The gene: evolution of a concept -- Formation of the neural plate -- Formation of the neural tube -- Molecular patterning of the primary spatial dimensions of the embryo -- The production of brain cells: neurons and glia -- Neuronal migration and neuronal differentiation -- Shaping the emerging cortical network: the role of intrinsic and extrinsic factors -- Late prenatal and postnatal changes in human brain structure -- Plasticity and the role of experience in neocortical development -- The importance of brain development for psychology.
- Fundamentals of cancer prevention. Third edition. [3rd ed.] 2014, SpringerIntroduction to cancer prevention -- Assessing human and economic benefits of cancer prevention -- The role of diet, physical activity, and body composition in cancer prevention -- Innate and adaptive immune responses to cancer -- Hereditary risk for cancer -- Cancer health disparties -- Human categories and health : the power of the concept of ethnicity -- Complementary and alternative approaches to cancer prevention -- Telemedicine, telehealth, and e-health technologies in cancer prevention -- Global cancer prevention -- Sunscreen-based skin protection against solar insult : molecular mechanisms and opportunities -- Skin cancer prevention -- Prevention of colorectal cancer -- Lung cancer prevention -- Breast cancer prevention -- Prevention of prostate cancer -- Cervical cancer prevention -- Ovarian cancer prevention -- Endometrial cancer prevention -- Cancer survivorship.
- Fundamentals of chromatin 2014, SpringerChromatin is the combination of DNA and proteins that make up the genetic material of chromosomes. It is essential for packaging DNA, regulation of gene expression, DNA replication and repair. The audience for this book includes newly established scientists, graduate students and scientists seeking detailed overviews of various aspects of chromatin structure and function to gain entry into this field. The chapters in this book give a strong, updated groundwork about the fundamentals of chromatin which are essential to understand epigenetics. Some the fundamentals that this book covers include the structure and biochemistry of chromatin and the enzyme complexes that manage it.
- Fundamentals of clinical trials. 4th ed. 2010, SpringerIntroduction to Clinical Trials -- Ethical Issues -- What Is the Question? -- Study Population -- Basic Study Design -- The Randomization Process -- Blindness -- Sample Size -- Baseline Assessment -- Recruitment of Study Participants -- Data Collection and Quality Control -- Assessing and Reporting Adverse Events -- Assessment of Health-Related Quality of Life -- Participant Adherence -- Survival Analysis -- Monitoring Response Variables -- Issues in Data Analysis -- Closeout -- Reporting and Interpreting of Results -- Multicenter Trials.
- Fundamentals of data mining in genomics and proteomics 2007, Springer
- Adrenal glands and kidneys / William E. Brant -- Pelvicaliceal system, ureters, bladder, and urethra / William E. Brant -- Genital tract: radiographic imaging and MR / William E. Brant -- Abdomen ultrasound / William E. Brant -- Genital tract and bladder ultrasound / William E. Brant -- Obstetric ultrasound / William E. Brant -- Chest, thyroid, parathyroid, and neonatal brain ultrasound / William E. Brant -- Vascular ultrasound / Raymond S. Dougherty, William E. Brant -- Benign cystic bone lesions / Clyde A. Helms -- Malignant bone and soft tissue tumors / Clyde A. Helms -- Skeletal trauma / Clyde A. Helms -- Arthritis / Clyde A. Helms -- Metabolic bone disease / Clyde A. Helms -- Skeletal "don't touch" lesions / Clyde A. Helms -- Miscellaneous bone lesions / Clyde A. Helms -- Magnetic resonance imaging of the knees / Clyde A. Helms -- Magnetic resonance imaging of the shoulder / Clyde A. Helms -- Magnetic resonance imaging of the foot and ankle / Clyde A. Helms -- Pediatric chest / Susan D. John, Leonard E. Swischuk -- Pediatric abdomen and pelvis / Susan D. John, Leonard E. Swischuk -- Introduction to nuclear medicine / David K. Shelton -- Essential science of nuclear medicine / Ramsey D. Badawi, Linda A. Kroger, Jerrold T. Bushberg -- Skeletal system scintigraphy / David K. Shelton, Michael F. Hartshorne -- Pulmonary scintigraphy / David K. Shelton, Rhonda A. Wyatt -- Cardiovascular system scintigraphy / David K. Shelton, Michael F. Hartshorne -- Endocrine gland scintigraphy / Marc G. Cote -- Gastrointestinal, liver/spleen, and hepatobiliary scintigraphy / David K. Shelton, Michael F. Hartshorne -- Genitourinary system scintigraphy / Mike McBiles, Peter W. Blue -- Scintigraphic diagnosis of inflammation and infection / Christopher J. Palestro, Charito Love -- Molecular imaging of tumors / James H. Timmons -- Central nervous system scintigraphy / David H. Lewis, Vivek Manchanda -- Positron emission tomography and PET-PC / Bijan Bijan, David K. Shelton, William E. Brant. Diagnostic imaging methods / William E. Brant -- Introduction to brain imaging / David J. Seidenwurm -- Craniofacial trauma / Robert M. Barr, Alisa D. Gean, Tuong H. Le -- Cerebrovascular disease / Howard A. Rowley -- Central nervous system neoplasms and tumorlike masses / Kelly K. Koeller -- Central nervous system infections / Walter L. Olsen -- White matter and neurodegenerative diseases / Jerome A. Barakos -- Pediatric neuroimaging / Todd E. Lempert, Erik H.L. Gaensler -- Head and neck imaging / Jerome A. Barakos -- Nondegenerative diseases of the spine / Erik H.L. Gaensler -- Lumbar spine: disk disease and stenosis / Clyde A. Helms -- Methods of examination, normal anatomy, and radiographic findings of chest disease / Santiago Miró, Jeffrey S. Klein -- Mediastinum and hila / Jeffrey S. Klein -- Pulmonary vascular disease / Jeffrey S. Klein -- Pulmonary neoplasms / Jeffrey S. Klein -- Pulmonary infection / Timothy J. Higgins, Jeffrey S. Klein -- Diffuse lung disease / Jeffrey S. Klein -- Airways disease / Jeffrey S. Klein -- Pleura, chest wall, diaphragm, and miscellaneous chest disorders / Jeffrey S. Klein -- Breast imaging / Karen K. Lindfors, Huong T. Le-Petross -- Cardiac anatomy, physiology, and imaging methods / David K. Shelton -- Cardiac imaging in acquired disease / David K. Shelton -- Cardiac mri / Christopher M. Kramer -- Thoracic aorta, pulmonary arteries, and peripheral vascular disorders / Michael J. Miller, Jr., Tony P. Smith -- Abdominal arteries, venous system, and nonvascular intervention / Michael J. Miller, Jr., Tony P. Smith -- Abdomen and pelvis / William E. Brant -- Liver, biliary tree, and gallbladder / William E. Brant -- Pancreas and spleen / William E. Brant -- Pharynx and esophagus / William E. Brant -- Stomach and duodenum / William E. Brant -- Mesenteric small bowel / William E. Brant -- Colon and appendix / William E. Brant--
- Section I: Basic principles -- chapter 1. Diagnostic imaging methods / William E. Brant -- Section II: Neuroradiology / Section editor: Erik H. L. Gaensler and Jerome A. Barakos -- chapter 2. Introduction to brain imaging / David J. Seidenwurm and Govind Mukundan -- chapter 3. Craniofacial trauma / Robert M. Barr, Alisa D. Gean, and Tuong H. Le -- chapter 4. Cerebrovascular disease / Howard A. Rawley -- chapter 5. Central nervous system neoplasms and tumor-like masses / Kelly K. Koeller -- chapter 6. Central nervous system infections / Nathaniel A. Chuang and Walter L. Olsen -- chapter 7. White matter and neurodegenerative diseases / Jerome A. Barakos and Derk D. Purcell -- chapter 8. Pediatric neuroimaging / Camilla Lindan, Erik Gaensler, and Jerome Barakos -- chapter 9. Head and neck imaging / Jerome A. Barakos and Derk D. Purcell -- chapter 10. Nondegenerative diseases of the spine / Erik H. L. Gaensler and Derk D. Purcell -- chapter 11. Lumbar spine: disc disease and stenosis / Clyde A. Helms -- Section III: Pulmonary / Section editor: Jeffrey S. Klein -- chapter 12. Methods of examination, normal anatomy, and radiographic findings of chest disease / Julio Lemo and Jeffrey S. Klein -- chapter 13. Mediastinum and hila / Jeffrey S. Klein -- chapter 14. Pulmonary vascular disease / Curtis E. Green and Jeffrey S. Klein -- chapter 15. Pulmonary neoplasms / Jeffrey S. Klein -- chapter 16. Pulmonary infection / Jeffrey S. Klein -- chapter 17. Diffuse lung disease / Jeffrey S. Klein and Curtis E. Green -- chapter 18. Airways disease / Jeffrey S. Klein -- chapter 19. Pleura, chest wall, diaphragm, and miscellaneous chest disorders / Jeffrey S. Klein and Jimmy S. Ghostine -- Section IV: Breast radiology / Section editor: Karen K. Lindfors -- chapter 20. Breast imaging / Karen K. Lindfors and Huong T. Le-Petross -- Section V: Cardiac radiology / Section editor: David K. Shelton -- chapter 21. Cardiac anatomy, physiolgy, and imaging modalities / David K. Shelton -- chapter 22. Cardiac imaging in acquired diseases / David K. Shelton and Gary Caputo -- Section VI: Vascular and interventional radiology / Section editor: Michael J. Miller, Jr. -- chapter 23. Thoracic, pulmonary arteries, and peripheral vascular disorders / Michael J. Miller Jr. and Tony P. Smith -- chapter 24. Abdominal arteries, venous system, and nonvascular intervention / Michael J. Miller Jr. and Tony P. Smith -- Section VII: Gastrointestinal tract / Section editor: William E. Brant -- chapter 25. Abdomen and pelvis / William E. Brant -- chapter 26. Liver, biliary tree, and gallbladder / William E. Brant -- chapter 27. Pancreas and spleen / William E. Brant -- chapter 28. Pharynx and esophagus / Sara Moshiri and William E. Brant -- chapter 29. Stomach and duodenum / William E. Brant -- chapter 30. Mesenteric small bowel / William E. Brant -- chapter 31. Colon and appendix / William E. Brant and Sarah Erickson -- Section VIII: Genitourinary tract / Section editor: William E. Brant -- chapter 32. Adrenal glands and kidneys / William E. Brant -- chapter 33. Pelvicalyceal system, ureters, bladder, and urethra / William E. Brant -- chapter 34. Genital tract-CT, MR, and radiographic imaging / William E. Brant -- Section IX: Ultrasonography / Section editor: William E. Brant -- chapter 35. Abdomen ultrasound / William E. Brant -- chapter 36. Genital tract and bladder ultrasound / William E. Brant -- chapter 37. Obstetric ultrasound / William E. Brant -- chapter 38. Chest, thyroid, parathyroid, and neonatal brain ultrasound / William E. Brant -- chapter 39. Vascular ultrasound / William E. Brant and Raymond S. Dougherty -- Section X: Musculoskeletal radiology / Section editor: Clyde A. Helms -- chapter 40. Benign cystic bone lesions / Clyde A. Helms -- chapter 41. Malignant bone and soft tissue tumors / Clyde A. Helms -- chapter 42. Skeletal trauma / Clyde A. Helms -- chapter 43. Arthritis / Clyde A. Helms -- chapter 44. Metabolic bone disease / Clyde A. Helms -- chapter 45. Skeletal "Don't Touch" lesions / Clyde A. Helms -- chapter 46. Miscellaneous bone lesions / Clyde A. Helms -- chapter 47. Magnetic resonance imaging of the knee / Clyde A. Helms -- chapter 48. Magnetic resonance imaging of the shoulder / Clyde A. Helms -- chapter 49. Magnetic resonance imaging of the foot and ankle / Clyde A. Helms -- Section XI: Pediatric radiology / Section editor: Susan D. John -- chapter 50. Pediatric chest / Susan D. John and Leonard E. Swischuk -- chapter 51. Pediatric abdomen and pelvis / Susan D. John and Leonard E. Swischuk -- Section XII: Nuclear radiology / Section editor: David K. Shelton -- chapter 52. Introduction to nuclear medicine / David K. Shelton -- chapter 53. Essential science of nuclear medicine / Ramsey D. Badawi, Linda A. Kroger, and Jerrold T. Bushberg -- chapter 54. Skeletal system scintigraphy / David K. Shelton and Amir Kashefi -- chapter 55. Pulmonary scintigraphy / David K. Shelton and Meena Kumar -- chapter 56. Cardiovascular system scintigraphy / David K. Shelton -- chapter 57. Endocrine gland scintigraphy / Marc G. Cote -- chapter 58. Gastrointestinal, liver-spleen, and hepatobiliary scintigraphy / David K. Shelton and Roshanak Rahnamayi -- chapter 59. Genitourinary system scintigraphy / Howard A. Carpenter and Cameron C. Foster -- chapter 60. Scintigraphic diagnosis of inflammation and infection / Christopher J. Palestro -- chapter 61. Molecular imaging / Amir Kashefi and David K. Shelton -- chapter 62. Central nervous system scintigraphy / David H. Lewis and Jon Umlauf -- chapter 63. Positron emission tomography / Cameron C. Foster, Bijan Bijan, and David K. Shelton.
- Fundamentals of digital imaging in medicine 2010, SpringerIntroduction / Roger Bourne -- Digital Images / Roger Bourne -- Medical Images / Roger Bourne -- The Spatial and Frequency Domains / Roger Bourne -- Image Quality / Roger Bourne -- Contrast Adjustment / Roger Bourne -- Image Filters / Roger Bourne -- Spatial Transformation / Roger Bourne -- ImageJ / Roger Bourne -- A Note on Precision and Accuracy / Roger Bourne -- Complex Numbers / Roger Bourne.
- This is a basic book on evidence-based medicine (EBM). It starts with an introduction to the topic. It outlines the relationship between EBM and research and quality of care. Then It goes on to cover the most commonly used modules of EBM, i.e. therapy, diagnosis, prognosis and meta-analysis. Each module starts with an introduction to fundamental concepts, and description of the related research process, and then follows the critical appraisal of related type of research artcle. At the end, it covers the different systems of grading of level of evidence and strength of recommendations. The book also has three examples of critical appraisal on diagnosis, therapy, and meta-analysis.
- Fundamental Implications for Clinical Practice -- Translational Effectiveness in the Context of Translational Science -- Comparative Effectiveness Analysis and Evidence-Based Decisions -- Methodology I: The Best Available Evidence -- Methodology II: Sampling and Assessment of the Evidence -- Methodology III: Systematic Evaluation of the Statistical Analysis: Data Analysis in Research Synthesis -- Optimizing Clinical Practice-Based Patient-Centered Outcomes Research -- Getting and Understanding Data -- Obtaining Data -- Describing and Analyzing Data -- Translational Effectiveness Analysis -- Optimizing Clinical Outcomes by Individualizing Observations -- Evaluation in Patient-Centered Outcomes Research -- Translational Effectiveness in Practice-Based Patient-Centered Outcomes Research.
- Fundamentals of geriatric medicine a case-based approach 2007, Springer
- Fundamentals of hand therapy clinical reasoning and treatment guidelines for common diagnoses of the upper extremity. 2nd ed. 2014, ScienceDirectPerfect for hand therapy specialists, hand therapy students, and any other professional who encounters clients with upper extremity issues, Fundamentals of Hand Therapy, 2nd Edition contains everything you need to make sound therapy decisions. Coverage includes hand anatomy, the evaluation process, and diagnosis-specific information. Expert tips, treatment guidelines, and case studies round out this comprehensive text designed to help you think critically about each client's individual needs. Clinical Pearls and Precautions highlight relevant information learned by the experienced author and contributors that you can apply to clinical practice.Case examples included in the diagnoses chapters in Part Three demonstrate the use of clinical reasoning and a humanistic approach in treating the client.Diagnosis-specific information in the final section of the book is well-organized to give you quick access to the information you need.Special features sections such as Questions to Discuss with the Physician, What to Say to Clients, Tips from the Field, and more help readers find their own clinical voices. Online sample exercises give you a pool to pull from during professional practice.
- Fundamentals of health at work the social dimensions 2001, CRCnetBASE1. The peculiarity of the workplace as harbinger of illness -- 2. The historical context -- 3. Regulatory developments, roles and functions -- 4. The work, the organisation and the individual -- 5. Theoretical perspectives of workplace health improvement -- 6. Workplace health promotion.
- Fundamentals of matrix computations. 2nd ed. 2002, Wiley1. Gaussian elimination and its variants -- 2. Sensitivity of linear systems -- 3. The Least squares problems -- 4. The Singular value decomposition -- 5. Eigenvalues and eigenvectors 1 -- 6. Eigenvalues and eigenvectors 2 -- 7. Iterative methods for linear systems.
- Fundamentals of medical physiology 2011, Thieme BookThe cell -- The cell membrane -- Genes and proteins -- Control systems and homeostasis -- Functional anatomy of the nervous system -- Resting membrane potential -- Membrane excitation and action potential -- Electrophysiology of ion channels -- Conduction of the action potential -- Sensory mechanisms -- Transmission of neuromuscular junctions and synapes -- The autonomic nervous system -- Functional anatomy of muscle -- Mechanism of muscle contraction -- Characteristics of muscle contraction -- Muscle elasticity -- Muscle mechanics -- Smooth muscle -- Cardiac muscle -- Body fluids and blood -- Red blood cells -- Hemoglobin -- Hemopoiesis -- Hermatinic factors -- Blood grouping and transfusion -- Blood platelets and hemostasis -- Hemostatic balance -- Granulocytes -- Agranulocytes and lymphoid organs -- Immunity, tolerance, and hypersensitivity -- Immune mechanisms -- Cardiac excitation and the electrocardiogram -- Cardiac cycle -- Cardiac output -- Circulatory pathway and hemodynamics -- Capillary exchange and lymphatic circulation -- Chemical and neural control of the cardiovascular system -- Blood pressure regulation -- Coronary circulation -- Cerebral circulation -- Pulmonary and pleural circulation -- Cutaneous, muscle, and splanchnic circulation -- Regulation of body temperature -- Functional anatomy of the respiratory system -- Mechanics of pulmonary ventilation -- Measurements of pulmonary ventilation -- Alveolar ventilation, perfusion, and gas exchange -- Transport of gases -- Neural control of respiratory rhythm -- Chemical control of pulmonary ventilation -- Respiration in unusual environments -- Pulmonary function tests and respiratory disorders -- Functional anatomy of the kidney -- Glomerular filtration and tubular reabsorption -- Renal handling of sodium -- Renal mechanisms determining urine osmolarity -- Body fluid and electrolyte balance -- Renal contribution to acid-base balance -- Renal handling of miscellaneous substances -- Hormones acting on the kidney -- Quantification of renal functions -- Whole body acid-base balance -- Renal syndromes -- Urinary bladder and micturition -- Nutritional needs of the body -- Functions of the mouth and esophagus -- Functions of the stomach -- Functions of the duodenum -- Functions of the small intestine -- Function of the colon -- Gastrointestinal hormones -- Gastrointestinal disorders -- Metabolic pathways -- Mechanism of hormonal action -- Hypothaoamic and pituitary hormones -- Thyroid hormones -- Hormones regulating calcium balance -- Hormones of the adrenal cortex -- Hormones of the adrenal medulla -- Pancreatic hormones and the regulation of blood glucose -- Testicular and ovarian hormones -- Puberty and gametogenesis -- Menstrual cycle -- Sperm transport and fertilization -- Sexual differentiation of the fetus -- Pregnancy -- Parturition and lactation -- Appendix A: Principles of physics in physiology -- Appendix B: Principles of chemistry in physiology -- Appendix C: Abbreviations used in text.
- Preface -- 1. Introduction; O.C.G. Adan, R.A. Samson -- 2. Water relations of fungi in indoor environments; O.C.G. Adan et al -- 3. Fungal growth and humidity fluctuations: a toy model; H.P. Huinink, O.C.G. Adan -- 4. The fungal cell; J. Dijksterhuis -- 5. Ecology and general characteristics of indoor fungi; R.A. Samson -- 6. Characteristics and identification of indoor wood-decaying basidiomycetes; O. Schmidt, T. Huckfeldt -- 7. Health effects from mold and dampness in housing in western societies: early epidemiology studies and barriers to further progress; J.D. Miller -- 8. Aerosolized fungal fragments; B.J. Green et al -- 9. Mycotoxins on building materials; K.F. Nielsen, J.C. Frisvad -- 10. WHO guidelines for indoor air quality: dampness and mold; O.O. Hänninen -- 11. Moisture content measurement; B.J.F. Erich, L. Pel -- 12. The fungal resistance of interior finishing materials; O.C.G. Adan -- 13. Detection of indoor fungi bioaerosols; J.A. Scott et al -- 14. Mold remediation in North American buildings; P.R. Morey -- 15. Mold remediation in West-European buildings; T. Warscheid -- 16. Protection of wood; M.F. Sailer, W.J. Homan -- 17. Coating and surface treatment of wood; H. Viitanen, A.-C. Ritschkoff -- 18. Recommendations; O.C.G. Adan, R.A. Samson -- Contributors -- Index.
- Fundamentals of musculoskeletal ultrasound. 2nd ed. 2013, ebrary"Master the key concepts you need to perform, read, and interpret musculoskeletal ultrasounds. A straightforward approach, an abundance of detailed ultrasound images, and online video demonstrations provide step-by-step guidance that makes learning easy."-- From publisher's description.
- Fundamentals of neurology an illustrated guide 2006, Thieme BookThe clinical interview in neurology -- The neurological examination -- Ancillary tests in neurology -- Topical diagnosis and differential diagnosis of neurologic syndromes -- Diseases of the brain and meninges -- Diseases of the spinal cord -- Multiple sclerosis and other myelinopathies -- Epilepsy and its differential diagnosis -- Polyradiculopathy and polyneuropathy -- Diseases of the cranial nerves -- Diseases of the spinal nerve roots and peripheral nerves -- Painful syndromes -- Diseases of muscle (myopathies) -- Diseases of the autonomic nervous system.
- Fundamentals of nuclear medicine dosimetry 2008, Springer
- Fundamentals of nuclear pharmacy. 6th ed. 2010, SpringerEstablished as a classic text on nuclear chemistry and pharmacy, 'Fundamentals of Nuclear Pharmacy' has been thoroughly revised and now includes new information covering innovations in imaging technology and clinical applications in the field.
- Fundamentals of osteoporosis 2010, ClinicalKeyA comprehensive source of the basic research related to osteoporosis. It introduces genomic and proteomic analysis, histopathology and imaging, as well cellular and molecular mechanisms relevant to assay development and drug discovery.
- Fundamentals of Pap test cytology 2007, SpringerA short dictionary of the Pap test -- Analogies in the Pap test : "Of corn flakes and raisins" -- Basic cytology principles -- Basic anatomy and cytology of the female genital tract -- The Bethesda system -- Liquid-based cytology -- Physiological cytology -- Reactive changes and organisms -- Human papillomavirus in cervical carcinogenesis -- Atypical squamous cells -- Low-grade squamous intra-epithelial lesion -- High-grade squamous intra-epithelial lesion -- Invasive squamous carcinoma -- Endocervical lesions -- Endometrial lesions -- Metastatic tumors -- Therapy-related changes -- Artifacts, contaminants, and incidental findings -- Screening and management guidelines of Pap test and newer techniques.
- Fundamentals of pediatric cardiology 2006, OvidCardiovascular physiology -- Clinical evaluation -- Basic diagnostic studies -- Pediatric exercise testing -- Innocent murmurs -- Chest pain -- Syncope and sudden death -- Principals of inheritance and genetics of congenital heart disease -- Left-to-right shunts -- Right-to-left shunts -- Obstructive and regurgitant lesions -- Acquired heart diseases -- Cardiomyopathy -- Coronary artery anomalies.
- Fundamentals of pediatric orthopedics. 4th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Fundamentals of pediatric surgery 2011, SpringerPart 1 Perioperative Care -- Preoperative Assessment and Preparation -- Epidural and Regional Anesthesia -- Enteral Nutrition -- Parenteral Nutrition -- Fast-Track Protocols -- Quality Improvement, Education, and Outcomes Research in Pediatric Surgery -- Part 2 Critical Care -- Shock -- Electrolyte Disorders -- Vascular Access -- Acute Kidney Injury -- Respiratory Failure and Mechanical Ventilation -- Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation -- Part 3 Trauma -- Pediatric Trauma Resuscitation -- Head Trauma -- Neck Injuries -- Burns -- Abdominal Trauma -- Thoracic Trauma -- Spine Trauma -- Vascular Injury -- Pediatric Hand Injuries -- Pediatric Hand Injuries -- Part 4 Head and Neck -- The Critical Airway -- Bronchoscopy -- Cystic Neck Masses -- Disorders of the Thyroid and Parathyroid -- Cervical Lymphadenopathy -- Part 5 Esophagus -- Esophageal Atresia and Tracheo-Esophageal Fistula -- Long-Gap Esophageal Atresia -- Esophageal Replacement -- Esophageal Injuries -- Foregut Duplications -- Achalasia -- Part 6 Thorax and Mediastinum -- Patent Ductus Arteriosus -- Vascular Compression Syndromes -- Congenital Lung Lesions -- Thoracoscopic Biopsy and Lobectomy of the Lung -- Diseases of the Pleural Space -- Pectus Deformities -- Mediastinal Masses -- Part 7 Stomach and Small Intestine -- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease -- Hypertrophic Pyloric Stenosis -- Surgical Enteral Access -- Duodenal Atresia -- Intestinal Atresias -- Abdominal Cysts and Duplications. Anomalies of Intestinal Rotation -- Necrotizing Enterocolitis -- Short Bowel Syndrome -- Meconium Ileus -- Intussusception -- Meckel's Diverticulum -- Bariatric Surgery -- Chronic Abdominal Pain -- Crohn's Disease -- Ileostomy and Colostomy -- Part 8 Colon, Rectum, and Anus -- Constipation -- Perianal Disease -- Pilonidal Cyst Disease -- Hirschsprung Disease -- Appendicitis -- Ulcerative Colitis and Familial Polyposis -- Anorectal Malformations -- Part 9 Abdominal Wall, Peritoneum, and Diaphragm -- Gastroschisis -- Omphalocele -- Eventration of the Diaphragm -- Uncommon Hernias -- Umbilical Diorders and Anomalies -- Peritoneal Dialysis -- Part 10 Liver, Biliary Tree, Pancreas and Spleen -- Neonatal Hyperbilirubinemia -- Biliary Atresia -- Surgical Therapy of Disorders of Intrahepatic Cholestasis -- Cholecystitis -- Choledochal Cysts -- Hepatic Resection -- Portal Hypertension -- Congenital Hyperinsulinism -- Disorders of the Pancreas -- Disorders of the Spleen -- Part 11 Genitourinary -- Vesicoureteral Reflux -- Renal Abnormalities -- Penile Anomalies and Circumcision -- Inguinal Hernia and Hydrocele -- Undescended Testis. The Diagnosis and Management of Scrotal Pain -- Cloacal Exstrophy -- Disorders of Sex Development -- Vagina: Diseases and Treatment -- Part 12 Surgical Oncology -- Neuroblastoma -- Wilms Tumor -- Adrenal Tumors -- Rhabdomyosarcoma -- Sacrococcygeal Teratoma -- Sacrococcygeal Teratoma -- Ovarian Tumors -- Pediatric Testicular Tumors -- Soft Tissue Tumors -- Liver Tumors -- Musculoskeletal Surgical Oncology -- Part 13 Skin and Soft Tissues -- Subcutaneous Endoscopy -- Benign Skin Lesions -- Atypical Nevi and Malignant Melanoma -- Necrotizing Soft Tissue Infections -- Necrotizing Soft Tissue Infections -- Disorders of the Breast -- Part 14 Transplantation -- Kidney Transplantation -- Liver Transplantation -- Intestinal Transplantation -- Part 15 Miscellaneous -- Gastrointestinal Bleeding -- Fetal Surgery -- Disorders of the Abdominal Aorta and Major Branches -- Ventricular Shunts for Hydrocephalus -- Conjoined Twins.
- Fundamentals of pharmaceutical nanoscience 2013, SpringerNanoscience and nanotechnology overview -- Liposome preparation and characterization -- Solid polymeric nanoparticles -- Lipid nanoparticles -- Polymeric vesicles -- Low molecular weight amphiphile micelles -- Polymeric micelles -- Niosomes -- Quantum dots -- Magnetic particles -- Drug nanoparticles -- Polymeric pro-drugs -- Therapeutic Applications of pharmaceutical nanosystems -- Drug solubilisation -- Gene therapy -- Chemotherapy -- Tissue engineering -- Anti-infectives -- Vaccination -- Anti-arthritic drugs -- Imaging agents -- Commercial exploitation of pharmaceutical nanosystems -- Future perspectives -- Multiple Choice -- Problem Sets -- Case Studies -- Suggested Reading.
- Fundamentals of protein structure and function 2007, SpringerPt. I. Protein structure. Amino acids ; Protein structure ; Purification and characterisation of proteins ; Protein sequencing -- Pt. II. Enzymes. Enzymes are biocatalysts ; Enzyme kinetics ; Haemoglobin and myoglobin: co-operativity ; Enzyme kinetics: special cases -- Pt. III. Special proteins. Prion proteins and prion diseases ; Immunoproteins ; Cell skeleton ; Motor proteins and movement ; Cell-cell interactions ; Aiding in folding: molecular chaperones and chaperonins -- Pt. IV. Membrane transport. Transport of proteins into mitochondria ; Intracellular protein transport ; Transport of solutes across membranes -- Appendix. A.1. Solutions for the exercise ; A.2. Short biographies of scientists mentioned in this book ; A.3. List of symbols ; A.4. Greek alphabet ; A.5. The genetic code ; A.6. Acronyms.
- Fundamentals of renal pathology. Second edition. [2nd ed.] 2014, SpringerFundamentals of Renal Pathology is a compact and up-to-date resource on the basics of renal pathology that will be of particular value to residents and fellows in training in renal pathology, general pathology, and nephrology, but will also serve as a handy reference for the more experienced. This second, revised and updated edition of the book offers an integrated approach based on contributions from established experts in the field. After considering normal renal anatomy and basic concepts and methods used in the assessment of renal biopsies, key diseases are discussed within the context of clinical presentations. The emphasis is on clinicopathological correlation and differential diagnosis. Topics discussed include glomerular diseases with nephrotic or nephritic syndrome presentations; systemic and vascular diseases affecting the kidney, including diseases affecting the renal transplant; tubulointerstitial diseases; and plasma cell dyscrasias and associated diseases. Well-chosen color illustrations and electron micrographs enhance and complement the text, and tables summarize the most up-to-date classifications and approaches for the various disease entities.
- Fundamentals of skeletal radiology. Fourth edition [4th ed.] 2013, ClinicalKeyUnnecessary examinations -- Benign lytic lesions -- Malignant tumors -- "Don't touch" lesions -- Trauma -- Arthritis -- Metabolic bone disease -- Miscellaneous conditions -- Magnetic resonance imaging of the knee -- Magnetic resonance imaging of the shoulder -- Lumbar spine : disc disease and stenosis -- Magnetic resonance imaging of the foot and ankle -- Miscellaneous magnetic resonance imaging.
- Fundamentals of sleep medicine 2012, ScienceDirectSleep stages and basic sleep monitoring -- Technology of sleep monitoring: differential amplifiers, digital polysomnography, and filters -- Sleep staging in adults -- Biocalibration, artifacts, and common variants of sleep -- Sleep staging in infants and children -- Sleep architecture parameters, normal sleep, and sleep loss -- Neurobiology of sleep -- Monitoring respiration: technology and techniques -- Monitoring respiration: event definitions and examples -- Sleep and respiratory physiology -- Cardiac monitoring during polysomnography -- Monitoring of limb movements and other movements during sleep -- Polysomnography, portable monitoring, and actigraphy -- Subjective and objective measures of daytime sleepiness -- Obstructive sleep apnea syndromes: definitions, epidemiology, diagnosis, and variants -- Pathophysiology of obstructive sleep apnea -- Consequences of obstructive sleep apnea and the benefits of treatment -- Obstructive sleep apnea treatment overview and medical treatments -- Positive airway pressure treatment -- Oral appliance and surgical treatment for obstructive sleep apnea -- Central sleep apnea and hypoventilation syndromes -- Sleep and obstructive lung disease -- Restless leg syndrome, periodic limb movements in sleep, and the periodic limb movement disorder -- Hypersomnias of central origin -- Insomnia -- Circadian rhythm sleep disorders (CRSD) -- Clinical EEG and nocturnal epilepsy -- Parasomnias -- Psychiatry and sleep -- Sleep and non-respiratory physiology -- Sleep and neurological disorders.
- Fundamentals of sleep technology. 2nd ed. 2012, OvidSection I. Overview of sleep medicine -- Section II. Anatomy and physiology -- Section III. Sleep disorders and disorders that affect sleep -- Section IV. Patient care and assessment -- Section V. Polysomnography -- Section VI. Interventions and therapeutics -- Section VII. Ancillary procedures -- Section VIII. Pediatrics -- Section IX. Sleep center management -- Section X. Appendix.
- Fundamentals of space medicine 2005, Springer
- Fundamentals of surgical simulation principles and practice 2012, SpringerAgents of Change -- Simulations for Procedural Training -- Human Factors in Acquiring Medical Skill; Perception and Cognition -- Human Factors in Acquiring Medical Skills; Learning and Skill Acquisition in Surgery -- Metrics for the Measurement of Skill -- Metric-Based Simulation Training -- Validation of Metrics Coupled to Simulation Training -- Metric-Based Training to Proficiency: What Is It and How Is It Done? -- Didactic Education and Training for Improved Intraoperative Performance: e-Learning Comes of Age -- Simulation Training for Improved Procedural Performance -- Simulation In and For Medicine: Where Next? -- Proficiency-Based Progression Simulation Training: A To-Do List for Medicine.
- Fundamentals of tissue engineering and regenerative medicine 2009, Springer
- Fundamentals of virtual colonoscopy 2005, Springer
- In the past decade the global financial assistance for AIDS responses increased tremendously and the donor community provided greater resources to community responses. Yet little is known about the global magnitude of these resources and their allocation among HIV and AIDS activities and services. To address this knowledge gap, this report pulls together evidence from several different sources (donor data bases, surveys of civil society organizations, country funding profiles) to determine, among other things, how funds are reaching civil society and community-based organizations, how these funds are being used, and the degree to which these organizations rely on other sources of funding.--Source other than Library of Congress.
- Fungal allergy and pathogenicity 2002, Karger
- Fungal associations. 2nd ed. 2012, SpringerThis new edition of Fungal Associations focuses on mycorrhizas, lichens and fungal-bacterial symbioses. It has been completely revised, updated and expanded. Renowned experts present thorough reviews and discuss the most recent findings on molecular interactions between fungi and plants or bacteria that lead to morphological alterations and novel properties in the symbionts. New insights into the beneficial impact of fungal associations on ecosystem health are provided and documented with striking examples.
- Fungal community its organization and role in the ecosystem. 3rd ed. 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Fungal genomics 2006, Springer
- Fungal immunology from an organ perspective 2005, Springer
- Fungi. 2nd ed. 2001, ScienceDirectThe fungi as a major group of organisms -- Fungal diversity -- Fungal cells and vegetative growth -- Spores, dormancy and dispersal -- Genetic variation and evolution -- Saprotrophs and ecosystems -- Parasites and mutualistic symbionts -- Fungi and biotechnology -- Glossary of common mycological terms -- Classification of fungi.
- Future human evolution eugenics in the twenty-first century Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialWhat is eugenics? -- Science -- Ideology -- Society and genes -- The history and politics of eugenics.
- Future of life and the future of our civilization 2006, Springer
- Futures of reproduction bioethics and biopolitics 2011, SpringerIssues in reproductive ethics, such as the capacity of parents to choose children, present challenges to philosophical ideas of freedom, responsibility and harm. This book responds to these challenges by proposing a new framework for thinking about the ethics of reproduction that emphasizes the ways that social norms affect decisions about who is born. The book provides clear and thorough discussions of some of the dominant problems in reproductive ethics - human enhancement and the notion of the normal, reproductive liberty and procreative beneficence, the principle of harm and discrimination against disability - while also proposing new ways of addressing these. The author draws upon the work of Michel Foucault, especially his discussions of biopolitics and norms, and later work on ethics, alongside feminist theorists of embodiment to argue for a new bioethics that is responsive to social norms, human vulnerability and the relational context of freedom and responsibility. This is done through compelling discussions of new technologies and practices, including the debate on liberal eugenics and human enhancement, the deliberate selection of disabilities, PGD and obstetric ultrasound.
- Fuzzification of systems the genesis of fuzzy set theory and its initial applications - developments up to the 1970s 2007, Springer
- Fuzzy expert systems and fuzzy reasoning 2005, Wiley
View by page
- Fabry disease — Finely dispersed particles micro-, nano-, and atto-engineering (126)
- Firepower in the lab automation in the fight against infectious diseases and bioterrorism — Food-drug synergy and safety (126)
- Foodborne disease outbreaks guidelines for investigation and control — Frozen section library. Breast (126)
- Frozen section library. Central nervous system — Fuzzy expert systems and fuzzy reasoning (125)
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Access restricted to Stanford community
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
Can't find it?
Look if we have it in print
- Springer Protocols
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Large number of high quality software and database programming titles from O'Reilly. Other software titles are also available from Sams and Prentice Hall. Limited to 7 concurrent users.Vast collection of software and database programming titles from multiple publishers, including Microsoft Press.Largest provider of engineering-related eBooks; includes titles in computer science and biomedical engineering.Over 4,000 full-text e-books covering scientific and technical information from CRC Press and others. Many handbooks and single volume reference sources.A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more. Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.Includes peer-reviewed life science and biomedical research protocols compiled from Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods in Molecular Medicine, Methods in Biotechnology, Methods in Pharmacology and Toxicology, Neuromethods, the Biomethods Handbook, the Proteomics Handbook, and Springer Laboratory Manuals.Contains full text access to selected biomedical and nursing books.Provides one-click access to important clinical resources; includes evidence-based diagnosis and treatment guidelines, Books, EBM articles, Ovid MEDLINE, Drug facts and comparisons, Drug interaction facts, guidelines from National Guideline Clearinghouse, patient handouts (English and Spanish), and local content.ClinicalKey provides access to textbooks, electronic journals, practice guidelines, drug information, and patient education handouts.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.Provides online, full-text access to Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers. Subjects include: life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics and astronomy, engineering and economics. Also includes eBooks.Collection of over 8 thousand fulltext titles in engineering, math, and basic and applied biomedical research. Coverage is from 1967 to the present.A library of ebooks on a wide array of topics, digitized and made available online in conjunction with the original publishers.