- e-EROS, Encyclopedia of reagents for ...
- — Emulsions and emulsion stability. 2nd...
- Encapsulated and powdered foods ........
- — Enzyme stabilization and immobilizati...
- Enzyme structure. Part B ...............
- — Ethical challenges in genomics resear...
- Ethical challenges in study design an...
- — Eye. 3rd ed. ...........................
- Contains a database of approximately 70,000 reactions and 4000 of the most frequently consulted reagents. Fully searchable by structure and sub-structure, reagent, reaction type, experimental conditions, and keyword. Also includes a searchable interface: Acronym finder (an interface for Scientific and technical acronyms, symbols, and abbreviations).
- E-learning standards 2003, CRCnetBASE
- E. coli 2002, Springer Protocols
- E. coli gene expression protocols 2002, Springer Protocols
- E. coli plasmid vectors 2003, Springer Protocols
- EAES guidelines for endoscopic surgery 2006, Springer
- Ear surgery 2008, SpringerOtosclerosis Surgery Complications, p. 1-12 -- Tympanoplasty/Ossiculoplasty, p. 13-27 -- Surgery for Chronic Otitis Media, p. 29-31 -- Complications of Chronic Otitis Media, p. 33-42 -- Petrous Apex Lesions, p. 43-53 -- Cholesteatoma, p. 55-60 -- External Auditory Canal Lesions, p. 61-65 -- Spontaneous Cerebral Spinal Fluid Otorrhea, p. 67-75 -- Facial Nerve Surgery, p. 77-88 -- Surgery for Vertigo, p. 89-98 -- Tumor Surgery, p. 99-110 -- Cochlear Implant Surgery, p. 111-115 -- Differential Diagnosis of Unilateral Serous Otitis Media, p. 117-120.
- Early adulthood in a family context 2012, SpringerThe contemporary context of young adulthood. The contemporary context of young adulthood in the USA : from demography to development, from private troubles to public issues / Richard A. Settersten Jr. ; Transition to adulthood, parental support, and early adult well-being : recent findings from the youth development study / Jeylan T. Mortimer ; "First principles" : components, holism, and context of the transition to adulthood / Ross Macmillan ; Young adults in a wireless world / Eva S. Lefkowitz, Shelley N. Vukman, and Eric Loken -- Parent-child relationships and successful transitions. Relationships between young adults and their parents / Karen L. Fingerman ... [et al.] ; The implications of family context for the transition to adulthood / Monica Kirkpatrick Johnson and Janel Benson ; Child well-being and the long reach of family relationships / Kelly Musick and Ann Meier ; Young adults' "need" : in the eye of the beholder? / D. Wayne Osgood and Sonja E. Siennick -- Romantic and sexual relationships. Developmental shifts in the character of romantic and sexual relationships from adolescence to young adulthood / Peggy C. Giordano .. [et al.] ; Challenges in charting the course of romantic relationships in adolescence and emerging adulthood / Frank D. Fincham ; I just want your kiss? : sexual relationships in young adulthood / Kelly Raley -- Family contexts and timing of fertility. Becoming a parent : the social contexts of fertility during young adulthood / Kathryn Edin and Laura Tach ; Childbearing among cohabiting women : race, pregnancy, and union transitions / Daniel T. Lichter ; Understanding young fertility in the context of economic disadvantage / Marcia J. Carlson -- The study of young adulthood. New horizons in research on emerging and young adulthood / Jeffrey Jensen Arnett ; The role of family context in early adulthood : where we've been and where we're going / Jessica Halliday Hardie and Christine E. Stanik.
- A clinical review of cerebral vasospasm and delayed ischaemia following aneurysm rupture -- New regulatory, signaling pathways, and sources of nitric oxide -- Advances in experimental subarachnoid hemorrhage -- Advances in treatment of cerebral vasospasm: an update -- Roles of signal transduction mechanisms in cerebral vasospasm following subarachnoid hemorrhage: overview -- Hypoperfusion in the acute phase of subarachnoid hemorrhage -- Association of APOE polymorphism with the change of brain function in the early stage of aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage -- Apoptotic mechanisms for neuronal cells in early brain injury after subarachnoid hemorrhage -- Early micro vascular changes after subarachnoid hemorrhage -- Immunological response in early brain injury after SAH -- Mechanisms of early brain injury after SAH: matrismetalloproteinase 9 -- Tyrosine phosphatase inhibition attenuates early brain injury after subarachnoid hemorrhage in rats -- Protection of minocycline on early brain injury after subarachnoid hemorrhage in rats -- Role of osteopontin in early brain injury after subarachnoid hemorrhage in rats -- Matrix metalloproteinase 9 inhibition reduces early brain injury in cortex after subarachnoid hemorrhage -- Nitric oxide synthase inhibitors and cerebral vasospasm -- The role of nitric oxide donors in treating cerebral vasospasm after subarachnoid hemorrhage -- Nitric oxide in early brain injury after subarachnoid hemorrhage -- Nitric oxide related pathophysiological changes following subarachnoid hemorrhage -- Endothelin-1(1-31) induces spreading depolarization in rats -- The gamut of blood flow responses couples to spreading depolarization in rat and human brain: from hyperemia to prolonged ischemia -- Cerebral microdialysis in acutely brain-injured patients with spreading depolarizations --Mitogen-activated protein kinases in cerebral vasospasm after subarachnoid hemorrhage: a review -- Association of apolipoprotein E polymorphisms with cerebral vasospasm after spontaneous subarachnoid hemorrhage -- Impact of subarachnoid hemorrhage on local and global calcium signaling in cerebral artery myocytes -- Enhanced angiogenesis and astrocyte activation by ecdysterone treatment in a focal cerebral ischemia rat model -- Bilirubin oxidation products seen post subarachnoid hemorrhage have greater effects on aged rat brain compared to young -- Preliminary results of an ICP-controlled subarachnoid hemorrhage rabbit model for the study of delayed cerebral vasospasm -- PKGIx inhibits the proliferation of cerebral arterial smooth muscle cell induced by oxyhemoglobin after subarachnoid hemorrhage -- Characteristics of in vivo animal models of delayed cerebral vasospasm -- Endothelin related pathophysiology in cerebral vasospasm: what happens to the cerebral vessels? -- Expression and role of COMT in a rat subarachnoid hemorrhage model -- Monitoring of the inflammatory response after aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage in the clinical setting: review of literature and report of preliminary clinical experience -- Perimesencephalic subarachnoid hemorrhage: risk factors, clinical presentations, and outcome -- The relationship between IL-6 in CSF and occurrence of vasospasm after subarachnoid hemorrhage -- Non-aneurysm subarachnoid hemorrhage in young adults -- Cardiac damage after subarachnoid hemorrhage -- Analysis on death-associated factors of patients with subarachnoid hemorrhage during hospitalization -- Clinical study of changes of cerebral microcirculation in cerebral vasospasm after SAH -- Effect of weekend admission on in-hospital mortality after subarachnoid hemorrhage in Chongquing China -- The correlation between COMT gene polymorphism and early cerebral vasospasm after subarachnoid hemorrhage -- Fever increased in-hospital mortality after subarachnoid hemorrhage -- Subarachnoid hemorrhage in old patients in Chongquing China.
- Early development of the human pelvic diaphragm 2007, Springer
- Early development of total hip replacement 2006, Wellcome Trust
- Early gastrointestinal cancers 2012, SpringerClinically relevant study end points in rectal cancer -- Neoadjuvant treatment in rectal cancer : do we always need radiotherapy or can we risk assess locally advanced rectal cancer better? -- Treatment dilemmas in patients with synchronous colorectal liver metastases -- Pancreatic surgery : beyond the traditional limits -- Adjuvant therapy for pancreatic cancer -- Radiotherapy of the pancreas : state of the art in 2012 -- Adenocarcinoma of the GEJ : gastric or oesophageal cancer? -- Why is there a change in patterns of GE cancer? -- Endoscopic treatment for esophageal squamous cell carcinoma -- Open or minimally invasive resection for oesophageal cancer? -- Choosing the best treatment for esophageal cancer -- Multimodal therapy of GEJ cancer : when is the definitive radiochemotherapy the treatment of choice? -- Radiotherapy of gastroesophageal junction cancer -- Optimizing neoadjuvant chemotherapy through the use of early response evaluation by positron emission tomography -- Optimal surgery for gastric cancer : is more always better? -- Can adjuvant chemoratiotherapy replace extended lymph node dissection in gastric cancer? -- Predicting the response to chemotherapy in gastric adenocarcinoma : who benefits from neoadjuvant chemotherapy? -- Prediction of response and prognosis by a score including only pretherapeutic parameters in 410 neoadjuvant treated gastric cancer patients -- Adjuvant chemotherapy : an option for Asian patients only? -- Selecting the best treatment for an individual patient.
- Early intervention for autism spectrum disorders 2006, ScienceDirect
- Early life origins of health and disease 2006, Springer1. The Developmental origins of health and disease: the breadth and importance of the concept / Peter D. Gluckman and Mark A. Hanson -- 2. Developmental origins of cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes, and obesity in humans / Caroline H.D. Fall -- 3. Studies of twins: what can they tell us about the developmental origins of adult health and disease? / Ruth Morley, Terence Dwyer, and John B. Carlin -- 4. Prenatal programming of human motor function / Julia B. Pitcher, David J. Henderson-Smart, and Jeffrey S. Robinson -- 5. Adaptive responses of early embryos to their microenvironment and consequences for post-implantation development / Jeremy Thompson, Michelle Lane, and Sarah Robertson -- 6. Modification of epigenetic state through dietary manipulation in the developing mammalian embryo / Nicola Vickaryous and Emma Whitelaw -- 7. Critical experiments to determine if early nutritional influences on epigenetic mechanisms cause metabolic imprinting in humans / Robert A. Waterland -- 8. Manipulation of the maternal diet in rat pregnancy: different approaches to the demonstration of the programming principle / Simon C. Langley-Evans [et al.] -- 9. Programming hypertension-animal models: causes and mechanisms / Kate M. Denton, Michelle M. Kett, and Miodrag Dodic -- 10. Developmental programming of cardiovascular dysfunction / Lucilla Poston, James A. Armitage, and Paul D. Taylor -- 11. Kidney development and fetal programming / Karen M. Moritz and Luise A. Cullen-McEwen -- 12. Programming of obesity-experimental evidence / Bernhard H. Breier, Stefan O. Krechowec, and Mark H. Vickers -- 13. Perinatal programming of adult metabolic homeostasis: lessons from experimental studies / Kathryn l. Gatford ... [et al.] -- 14. Programming effects of excess glucocorticoid exposure in late gestation / Timothy J.M. Moss and Deborah M. Sloboda -- 15. Programming effects of moderate and binge alcohol consumption / Jeff Schwartz and Luke C. Carey -- 16. Vitamin D in pregnancy and offspring health / Marianne Tare, Helena C. Parkington, and Ruth Morley -- 17. The Fetal origins of adult mental illness / Laura Bennet and Alistair J. Gunn -- 18. Hypoxia, fetal growth and developmental origins of health and disease / Dino A. Giussani.
- Early modern humans at the Moravian Gate 2006, SpringerForeword / J.H. Schwartz, I. Tattersall -- Szombathy's excavations in the Mladeč Cave and the first presentations of the results / W. Antl-Weiser -- In search of prototypes - historical soft-tissue reconstructions of Mladeč 1 / M. Teschler-Nicola -- The structure of the cave, stratigraphy, and depositional context / J.A. Svoboda -- The Upper Paleolithic finds from the Mladeč Cave / M. Oliva -- Taphonomic aspects of the human remains from the Mladeč Caves / M. Teschler-Nicola -- Large mammal remains from the Mladeč Caves and their contribution to site formation processes / M. Pacher -- ¹⁴C dating of early Upper Palaeolithic human and faunal remains from Mladeč / E.M. Wild ... [et al.] -- Inventory and photo-documentation of the Mladeč hominid remains / M.H. Wolpoff ... [et al.] -- Aurignacian male crania, jaws and teeth from the Mladeč Caves, Moravia, Czech Republic / D.W. Frayer ... [et al.] -- Aurignacian female crania and teeth from the Mladeč Caves, Moravia, Czech Republic / M.H. Wolpoff, D.W. Frayer and J. Jelínek -- Electronic segmentation methods reveal the preservation status and otherwise unobservable features of the Mladeč 1 cranium / H. Prossinger and M. Teschler-Nicola -- The Mladeč 3 infant / N. Minugh-Purvis, Th. Bence Viola and M. Teschler-Nicola -- The human postcranial remains from Mladeč / E. Trinkaus ... [et al.] -- Lost, destroyed or misidentified postcranial specimens from Mladeč / M.H. Wolpoff, D.W. Frayer and J. Jelínek -- External geometry of Mladeč neurocrania compared with anatomically modern humans and Neanderthals / G.W. Weber ... [et al.] -- Pathological alterations and traumas in the human skeletal remains from Mladeč / M. Teschler-Nicola ... [et al.] -- No evidence of Neandertal mtDNA contribution to early modern humans / D. Serre ... [et al.] -- Non-destructive determination of ⁸⁷Sr/⁸⁶Sr isotope ratios in early Upper Paleolithic human teeth from the Mladeč Caves - preliminary results / T. Prohaska ... [et al.].
- Early nutrition 2011, KargerAnimal studies of the effects of early nutrition on long-term health / Harding, J.E. ... [et al.] -- Dietary lipid quality and long-term outcome / Novak, E.M., Keller, B.O. and Innis, S.M. -- How proteins improve the development of preterm infants / Corpeleijn, W.E. ... [et al.] -- The knowns and unknowns of human milk banking / Simmer, K. -- Short- and long-term effects of probiotics administered early in life / Szajewska, H. -- New findings from the feeding infants and toddlers study 2008 / Siega-Riz, A.M. ... [et al.] -- Weaning practices in other parts of the world : case study India / Agarwal, K.N. -- Weaning practices in other parts of the world : case study Russia / Baturin, A.K. -- Micronutrient deficiencies and effect of supplements on correcting them / Zlotkin, S. -- Food allergy and complementary feeding / Shreffler, W.G. and Radano, M. -- Early feeding : setting the stage for healthy eating habits / Mennella, J.A. and Ventura, A.K. -- Early feeding practices and development of food allergies / Lack, G. and Penagos, M. -- Learning to prefer the familiar in obesogenic environments / Birch, L.L. and Anzman-Frasca, S. -- Early feeding practices and their impact on development of celiac disease / Fasano, A. and Catassi, C. -- Infant feeding practices and subsequent development of adipose tissue / Stettler, N. -- Early life nutrition and bone development in children / Jones, G. -- IGF-I signaling and effects on longevity / Holzenberger, M.
- What is the EU infant nutrition cluster? -- Early nutrition and its later consequences: new opportunities -- The developmental origins of adult health and well-being -- Long term effects of breastfeeding on the infant and mother -- Experimental evidence for long-term programming effects of early diet -- Candidate genes for obesity--how might they interact with environment and diet? -- Rate of growth in early life: a predictor of later health? -- Protective effect of breast-feeding against obesity in childhood-- Discussion forum: from innovation to implementation -- Challenges and opportunities in pan-European collaboration for researchers from Central and Eastern Europe -- Best practice in communicating the results of European research to the public -- Longterm effects of pre- and postnatal exposure to low and high dietary protein levels / Cornelia C. Metges -- Protein intake in the first year of life: a risk factor for later obesity? -- The role of long-chain poly-unsaturated fatty acids (LCPUFA) in growth and development -- Experimental models for studying perinatal lipid metabolism -- Effect of N-3 polyunsaturated fatty acid supplementation in pregnancy: the Nuheal trial --Young researchers' workshop -- Consumer needs regarding dietetic products for pregnant and lactating women and for baby foods -- Focus group: breakfast meeting: SMES and their co-operation with academia -- Ethical issues in perinatal nutrition research -- Early programming of diabetes risk--an introduction -- Early nutrition and later diabetes risk -- Is type 1 diabetes a disease of the gut immune system triggered by cow's milk insulin? -- Gluten-free diet in subjects at risk for type 1 diabetes: a tool for delaying progression to clinical disease? -- Insulin like growth factor regulation of body mass in breastfed and milk formula fed infants -- Inverse association between trans isomeric and long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids in erythrocyte membrane lipids in pregnant women -- Comparison of essential fatty acid status among German, Hungarian and Spanish women at mid-gestation -- Trans isomeric fatty acids as confounding variables in studies on perinatal LC-PUFA supply -- An eight years prospective study of iron deficiency anaemia in infancy -- New insights in the potential mechanism of action of nucleotides to modulate immunity -- Thriving of malnourished breastfed infants after additional formula milk feeding -- Role of mammary gland lipoprotein lipase in the availablilty of polyunsaturated fatty acids for milk synthesis -- Is the crying behaviour in infants up to the age of 3 months influenced by the type of early nutrition? -- Dietary gangliosides: beneficial effects for the neonate and potential mechanism of action -- Leptin in breast-fed and formula-fed infants -- Dietary fatty acids during pregnancy determines maternal fatty acid profile during late pregnancy and their availability to the fetus even during fasting condtions --Effects of oil-supplemented diets on liver expression of PPAR alpha-related genes in pregnant rats -- Effect of a new infant formula enriched with prebiotics, probiotics, nucleotides and LC-PuFA on recovery after infection -- Does habitual protein intake in early childhood influence age and body mass index at adiposity rebound? -- Dietary compliance in diabetes prevention project in Finland -- Changes of plasma fatty acid profile and antioxidant vitamins during normal pregnancy -- Optimal design for the recruitment of participants as a factor for the effective implementation of a clinical trial -- The effect of ponderal index on plasma concentration of insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1) in neonatal pigs -- Effects of prenatal exposure to low and high dietary protein levels on maternal and fetal amino acid metabolism in rats -- Cow's milk introduction in Spanish infants -- Longer term effects of early cholesterol intake on cholesterol biosynthesis and plasma lipids: a randomized clinical trial -- Patterns of growth and energy utilization of the diet after a period of dietary restriction during the weaning period -- Infant formula feeding pattern and weaning introduction in Spanish infants -- Visual evoked potentials in infants after dietary supply of docosahexaenoic acid and 5-methyltetrahydrofolate during pregnancy -- Electronic data capture and use of internet technologies in a double-blind randomised intervention trial -- Breastfeeding and baby friendly hospital initiative in Slovenia -- Nutritional status in young adults with screen-detected silent/sub-clinical coeliac disease --Liporotein lipase (LPL) MRNA expression in placentas from normal and IUGR (intrauterine growth restricted) pregnancies by real-time PCR -- Maternal fasting effect on neonatal health -- The quality of schoolchildren's nutrition in Serbia -- Tendency towards obesity in Sydney school children -- Monitoring and supervising a dietary intervention trial using modern data processing system -- Analysis of drop-outs in a longitudinal study -- Recruitment strategies of the Spanish group in the "EU childhood obesity: programming by infant nutrition" -- Diet and nutritional risk factors in schoolchildren -- Influence of two forms of caseinophosphopeptide on iron bio availability -- Model of childhood obesity primary prevention programme -- Problems related to recruitment of participants for the triger project -- Vitamin D status at birth in Brussels--preliminary results -- Obesity among young adolescent Kuwaitis -- Dynamic changes in adiposity from fetal to postnatal life are involved in the adult metabolic syndrome associated with reduced fetal growth -- Excess fetal adiposity is associated with programming of placental lipid genes -- Appetite control in breastfed and formula fed infants -- What are the Danone Institutes.
- Eating disorders 2012Perspectives -- Introduction -- 1. Classification -- 2. Epidemiology -- 3. Etiology and pathogenesis -- 4. Diagnosis -- 5. General management principles -- 6. Treatment of anorexia -- 7. Treatment of bulimia -- 8. Course and prognosis -- 9. Other eating disorders -- 10. Research areas -- 11. Case studies -- Useful resources -- Index.
- Eating disorders and the skin 2013, Springer
- Eating disorders in women and children 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Eating disorders in women and children. 2nd ed. 2012, CRCnetBASE"Foreword When I was a young woman being treated for an eating disorder, certain assumptions were made: if you had an eating disorder, you would be a white adolescent girl from a family with a controlling mother and an absent father. You would display a passive personality and low self-esteem. You would in all likelihood have signs of depression; whether you did or not, you would probably be treated for it. Your treatment team would see and treat you as childish and immature, and hold a variety of vague and often unfounded opinions about who you were, where you'd been, and what kind of chances of recovery you had. Those chances were considered, almost across the board, very low indeed. I was treated for eating disorders in the 1980s and 1990s. The medical and therapeutic understanding of the etiology, nature, and treatment of disordered eating and body image had not changed markedly since the early days of eating disorder research 20 years before. Likewise, the limited understanding of the demographics of eating disordered populations ensured that thousands would go undiagnosed and untreated. While the eating disordered population exploded, research and treatment providers held fast to their notions of what they were dealing with and how they should proceed. Their abysmal success rates bewildered them; they attributed these low rates of recovery to the intractable, probably incurable nature of the diseases. This second edition of Eating Disorders in Women and Children: Prevention, Stress Management, and Treatment is being released into a therapeutic community that has changed in many critical ways, and I believe the community will see further change as a result of the research done here"--Provided by publisher.
- A synthesis of the best available evidence on diagnosis, management and treatment of frequent and high-cost problems occurring in primary care, inpatient and emergency department settings. Includes the top conditions; recommends a course of action for diagnosis, disease management and drug therapy.
- eBusiness in healthcare 2008, Springer
- ECG diagnosis in clinical practice. 2nd ed. 2009, Springer
- The ECG in healthy people -- The ECG in patients with palpitations and syncope -- The ECG in patients with chest pain -- The ECG in patients with breathlessness -- The effect of other conditions on the ECG -- The ECG in pacemakers, defibrillators and electrophysiology/ David Adlam -- Conclusions : four steps to making the most of the ECG
- What the ECG is about -- Conduction and its problems -- The rhythm of the heart -- Abnormalities of P waves, QRS complexes and T waves -- How to use the ECG -- Reminders -- Now test yourself.
- ECG manual 2009, Springer
- ECG workout. 5th ed. 2006Anatomy and physiology of the heart -- Electrophysiology -- Waveforms, intervals, segments, and complexes -- Cardiac monitors -- Analyzing a rhythm strip -- Sinus arrhythmias -- Atrial arrhythmias -- AV junctional arrhythmias and AV blocks -- Ventricular arrhythmias and bundle-branch block -- Pacemakers -- Posttest.
- Echinacea 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Echinodermata 2005, SpringerAre echinoderms of interest to biotechnology? / C. Petzelt -- Cell adhesion and communication : a lesson from echinoderm embryos for the exploitation of new therapeutic tools / F. Zito ... [et al.] -- Cell signalling during sea urchin development : a model for assessing toxicity of environmnetal contaminants / C. Angelini ... [et al.] -- Echinoderm reactive oxygen species (ROS) production measured by peroxidase, luminol-enhanced chemiluminescence (PLCL) as an immunotoxicological tool / G. Coteur, B. Danis, P. Dubois -- Monitoring chemical and physical stress using sea urchin immune cells / V. Matranga ... [et al.] --DNA damage and developmental defects after exposure to UV and heavy metals in sea urchin cells and embryos compared to other invertebrates / H.C. Schröder ... [et al.] -- Echinoderms : their culture and bioactive compounds / M.S. Kelly -- Regenerative response and endocrine disrupters in crinoid echinoderms : an old experimental model, a new ecotoxicological test / M.D. Candia Carnevali -- Echinoderm adhesive secretions : from experimental characterization to biotechnological applications / P. Flammang, R. Santos, D. Haesaerts -- Mutable collagenous tissue : overview and biotechnological perspective / I.C. Wilkie -- Bioresources from echinoderms / Y. Yokota.
- Echinoderms 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Echo manual. 3rd ed. 2006, OvidHow to obtain a good echocardiography examination: ultrasound physics, technique, and medical knowledge -- Transthoracic echocardiography: M-mode, two-dimensional, and three-dimensional -- Transesophageal and intracardiac echocardiography / Jae K. Oh ... [et al.] -- Doppler echocardiography and color flow imaging: comprehensive noninvasive hemodynamic assessment -- Tissue doppler imaging, strain imaging, and dyssynchrony assessment / Brian D. Powell ... [et al.] -- Contrast echocardiography -- Assessment of systolic function and quantification of cardiac chambers -- Assessment of diastolic function and diastolic heart failure -- Pulmonary hypertension and pulmonary vein stenosis -- Coronary artery disease and acute myocardial infarction -- Stress echocardiography -- Valvular heart disease -- Prosthetic valve evaluation -- Infective endocarditis -- Cardiomyopathies -- Cardiac diseases due to systemic illness, genetics, medication, or infection -- Pericardial diseases -- Tumors and masses -- Diseases of the aorta -- Echocardiography in congenital heart disease: an overview / Frank Cetta, Jr., James B. Seward, Patrick W. O'Leary -- Intraoperative echocardiography / Roger L. Click, Jae K. Oh -- Vascular imaging and tonometry / A. Rauoof Malik, Iftikhar J. Kullo -- Goal-directed and comprehensive examination.
- Echocardiographic anatomy in the fetus 2008, Springer
- Echocardiography in acute coronary syndrome 2009, Springer
- Ecohealth research in practice 2012, Springer
- Ecological and societal approach to biological control 2006, Springer
- Ecological genomics : 2014, Springer
- Disturbance, survival, and succession : understanding ecological responses to the 1980 eruption of Mount St. Helens / Virginia H. Dale, Frederick J. Swanson and Charles M. Crisafulli -- Geological and ecological settings of Mount St. Helens before May 18, 1980 / Frederick J. Swanson, Charles M. Crisafulli and David K. Yamaguchi -- Physical events, environments, and geological-ecological interactions at Mount St. Helens : March 1980-2004 / Frederick J. Swanson and Jon J. Major -- Plant responses in forests of the tephra-fall zone / Joseph A. Antos and Donald B. Zobel -- Plant succession on the Mount St. Helens debris-avalanche deposit / Virginia H. Dale ... [et al.] -- Geomorphic change and vegetation development on the Muddy River mudflow deposit / Peter M. Frenzen ... [et al.] -- Proximity, microsites, and biotic interactions during early succession / Roger del Moral, David M. Wood and Jonathan H. Titus --Remote sensing of vegetation responses during the first 20 years following the 1980 eruption of Mount St. Helens : a spatially and temporally stratified analysis / Rick Lawrence -- Arthropods as pioneers in the regeneration of life on the pyroclastic-flow deposits of Mount St. Helens / John S. Edwards and Patrick M. Sugg -- Posteruption arthropod succession on the Mount St. Helens volcano : the ground-dwelling beetle fauna (Coleoptera) / Robert R. Parmenter ... [et al.] -- Causes and consequences of herbivory on prairie lupine (Lupinus lepidus) in early primary succession / John G. Bishop ... [et al.] -- Responses of fish to the 1980 eruption of Mount St. Helens / Peter A. Bisson ... [et al.] -- Amphibian responses to the 1980 eruption of Mount St. Helens / Charles M. Crisafulli ... [et al.] -- Small-mammal survival and colonization on the Mount St. Helens volcano : 1980-2002 / Charles M. Crisafulli, James A. MacMahon and Robert R. Parmenter --Mycorrhizae and Mount St. Helens : story of a symbiosis / Michael F. Allen ... [et al.] -- Patterns of decomposition and nutrient cycling across a volcanic disturbance gradient : a case study using rodent carcasses / Robert R. Parmenter -- Lupine effects on soil development and function during early primary succession at Mount St. Helens / Jonathan J. Halvorson, Jeffrey L. Smith and Ann C. Kennedy -- Response and recovery of lakes / Clifford N. Dahm ... [et al.] -- Ecological perspectives on management of the Mount St. Helens landscape / Virginia H. Dale, Frederick J. Swanson and Charles M. Crisafulli -- Overview of ecological responses to the eruption of Mount St. Helens : 1980-2005 / Charles M. Crisafulli, Frederick J. Swanson and Virginia H. Dale.
- Ecology and behaviour of Mesozoic reptiles 2005, Springer
- Ecology and biomechanics 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Ecology of harmful algae 2006, Springer
- Ecology, epidemiology, and evolution of parasitism in Daphnia 2005, NCBI Bookshelf
- The magnitude of the problem of malnutrition in Europe / Kondrup, J. -- Malnutrition in North America : where have we been? Where are we going? / Jensen, G. -- The economics of malnutrition / Elia, M. -- The need for consistent criteria for identifying malnutrition / Hoffer, J. -- Enteral nutrition reimbursement : the rationale for the policy : the US perspective / Parver, A.K. -- Enteral nutrition reimbursement : the rationale for the policy : the German perspective / Pahne, N. -- Food modification versus oral liquid nutrition supplementation / Silver, H. -- Cost-effectiveness analysis and health policy / Torgerson, D. -- Implementing nutritional standards : the Scottish experience / McKinlay, A. -- Innovative models for clinical nutrition and financing / Van Emelen, J. -- ENHA : what is it and what does it do? Reimbursement is not the solution / De Man, F. -- Brief history of parenteral and enteral nutrition in the hospital in the USA / Bistrian, B. -- What went right? The story of US Medicare medical nutrition therapy / Patrick, S.
- Economics and preventing healthcare acquired infection 2009, Springer
- "In response to the growing concern about equity issues and their implications for overall development, WHO established the Commission on Social Determinants of Health (CSDH) in 2005, which focused on the "social justice" or human rights arguments for health investments. CSDH investigated the factors involved in the so-called "social gradient in health", which refers to the large observable differences in health outcomes within and between countries that are determined by avoidable inequalities in the access to resources and power. CSDH aimed to further investigate the causes of health inequities, with a deliberate detachment from economic considerations, and provide advice on how to tackle them effectively. CSDH also reviewed evidence for action on a wider scope of interventions than CMH, many of which require intersectoral collaboration or advocacy. With CMH and CSDH having adopted different but perhaps complementary standpoints, it soon became clear that greater synergies had to be forged between the two. This WHO resource book on the economics of social determinants of health and health inequalities seeks to begin to build a bridge between the two approaches by explaining, illustrating and discussing the economic arguments that could (and could not) be put forth to support the case for investing in the social determinants of health on average and in the reduction in socially determined health inequalities. The resource book has two main objectives: -- to provide an overview and introduction into how economists would approach the assessment of the economic motivation to invest in the social determinants of health and socially determined health inequities, including what the major challenges are in this assessment; -- to illustrate the extent to which an economic argument can be made in favour of investment in three major social determinants of health areas: education, social protection, and urban development and infrastructure."--WHO website
- EcoSal 2004, Am Soc MicrobiolAn archive of the entire corpus of knowledge on the enteric bacterial cell, comprised of several hundred modules of information and interpretation, including the genome database.
- Ecosystems and human health 2011, Springer
- Ecosystems and human health. Third edition [3rd ed.] 2013, CRCnetBASE"The third edition of a bestseller, this book describes how chemical toxins and biological hazards impact the environment and people. Addressing how pollutants can alter the environment by contributing to global climate change, the author explores a broad range of environmental and health aspects of chemical and biological hazards. He includes numerous examples of the intimate relationship between ecosystem health and human health and emphasizes the need to consider this relationship whenever human activities are likely to have a significant environmental impact"--Provided by publisher.
- Why do ecosystems matter to human health? -- How have ecosystems changed and what are the health implications? -- What actions are required to address the health consequences of ecosystem change? -- How can priorities be established for actions to address the health consequences of ecosystem change? -- What are the policy implications of the most robust findings and key uncertainties?
- Ecotoxicology 2008, CRCnetBASEI. Hierarchical ecotoxicology. The hierarchical science of ecotoxicology -- II. Organismal ecotoxicology. The organismal ecotoxicology context -- Biochemistry of toxicants -- Cells and tissues -- Organs and organ systems -- Physiology -- Bioaccumulation -- Models of bioaccumulation and bioavailability -- Lethal effects -- Sublethal effects -- Conclusion -- III. Population ecotoxicology. The population ecotoxicology context -- Epidemiology : the study of disease in populations -- Toxicants and simple population models -- Toxicants and population demographics -- Phenogenetics of exposed populations -- Population genetics : damage and stochastic dynamics of the germ line -- Population genetics : natural selection -- Conclusion -- IV. Community ecotoxicology. Introduction to community ecotoxicology -- Biotic and abiotic factors that regulate communities -- Biomonitoring and the responses of communities to contaminants -- Experimental approaches in community ecology and ecotoxicology -- Application of multimetric and multivariate approaches in community ecotoxicology -- Disturbance ecology and the responses of communities to contaminants -- Community responses to global and atmospheric stressors -- Effects of contaminants on trophic structure and food webs -- Conclusions -- V. Ecosystem ecotoxicology. Introduction to ecosystem ecology and ecotoxicology -- Overview of ecosystem processes -- Descriptive approaches for assessing ecosystem responses to contaminants -- The use of microcosms, mMesocosms, and field experiments to assess ecosystem responses to contaminants and other stressors -- Patterns and processes : the relationship between species diversity and ecosystem function -- Fate and transport of contaminants in ecosystems -- Effects of global atmospheric stressors on ecosystem processes -- VI. Ecotoxicology : a comprehensive treatment--conclusion -- Conclusion.
- ECTO-NOX proteins 2013, Springer
- Edge of life 2005, SpringerIntroduction -- When does a human being become a person? -- All human beings are persons -- How is the dignity of the person as agent recognized? Distinguishing intention from foresight -- An ethical assessment of Bush's guidelines for stem cell research -- Moral absolutism and ectopic pregnancy -- Could artificial wombs end the abortion debate? -- Solomon's dilemma: should conjointed twins Jodie and Mary have been separated? -- Capital punishment and the Catholic tradition: contradiction, circumstantial application, or development of doctrine?
- EDHF 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Edible medicinal and non-medicinal plants 2012, SpringerFulltext Vol. 2 SpringerFulltext Vol. 3 SpringerFulltext Vol. 4 SpringerV. 1. Fruits -- v. 2. Fruits -- v. 3. Fruits -- v. 4. Fruits.
- Educating physicians. 1st ed. 2010, ebraryBased on a study of physician education by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching. Calls for a major overhaul of the present approach to preparing doctors for their careers. The text addresses issues for the future of the field and takes a comprehensive look at the most pressing concerns in physician education today.-- excerpted from publisher notes.
- Educating your patient with diabetes 2009, Springer
- Educational assessment in the 21st century 2009, Springer
- Health care from the inside out : bringing the self of the healer into the practice of medicine : an interview with Parker J. Palmer /Marcy Jackson --From freedom to learn to freedom to innovate : the Harvard Macy Institute story /Elizabeth J. Armstrong with Sylvia Barsion --Facilitating the effectiveness of medical teachers : improving teaching through faculty development /Kelley M. Skeff, Georgette A. Stratos --Education of a teacher /William T. Branch Jr. --Influencing the culture of educational assessment in academic health science centers /Eric Holmboe, William Iobst --A quality improvement management model for curriculum evaluation and integration /Thomas R. Viggiano --The dissemination of relationship-centered care approaches to enhance the informal curriculum of academic health science centers /Ann H. Cottingham [and others] --Partners in global health medical education : learner-centered curriculum in resource-poor environments /Paul O. Ayuo, [et al.] --An academic health science center's journey toward teaching and delivering patient-centered care /Dale Smith --The power of doing meaningful work together /Shirley M. Moore --Reforming medical education : confessions of a battered humanist /DeWitt C. Baldwin Jr. --Concluding reflections on creating enduring change /Linda A. Headrick, Ann H. Cottingham, Debra K. Litzelman.
- EEG-fMRI 2010, Springer
- Effective expert witnessing. 4th ed. 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Effective Java. 2nd ed. 2008, ProQuest SafariIntroduction -- Creating and destroying objects -- Methods common to all objects -- Classes and interfaces -- Generics -- Enums and annotations -- Methods -- General programming -- Exceptions -- Concurrency -- Serialization.
- Effective migraine treatment in pregnant and lactating women 2009, SpringerUnderstanding migraine and pregnancy -- Safety rating systems for drugs used in pregnancy and lactation -- Non-pharmacological headache treatments -- Acute treatment options for the pregnant headache patient -- Acute treatment options for the lactating headache patient -- Preventive treatment options for the pregnant headache patient -- Preventive treatment options for the lactating headache patient -- Urgent care/emergency treatment of the acute, severe headache in pregnant and lactating patients -- Work-up for headache during pregnancy and lactation -- Patient headache resources.
- Preclinical data relating to estrogen's effects on cognitive performance / Robert B. Gibbs -- The short-lived effects of hormone therapy on cognitive function / Eva Hogervorst -- Clinical data from structural and functional brain imaging on estrogen's effects in the central nervous system / Daniel H.S. Silverman, Cheri L. Geist, and Natalie L. Rasgon -- Clinical data on estrogen's effects on mood / Natalie L. Rasgon, Laurel N. Zappert, and Katherine E. Williams -- Preclinical efforts to develop effective neuroSERMs for the brain / Roberta Diaz Brinton and Liqin Zhao -- Basic and clinical data on the effects of SERMs on cognition / Kristine Yaffe, Pauline M. Maki, and Peter J. Schmidt.
- Effects of noise on aquatic life 2012, SpringerPart I. Introduction -- Part II. Sound Detection by Aquatic Animals -- Part III. Sound Production by Aquatic Animals -- Part IV. Physiological Effects of Sounds -- Part V. Anthropogenic Sounds and Behavior -- Part VI. Population Effects -- Part VII. Anthropogenic Sound Sources and Their Measurement -- Part VIII. Science, Regulation and Sound Exposure Criteria -- Part IX. Monitoring, Management and Mitigation -- Part X. Workshops and Concluding Remarks.
- Effects of veterinary medicines in the environment 2009, CRCnetBASE
- Efficiency and effectiveness of XML tools and techniques and data integration over the Web 2003, Springer
- Efficiency, justice, and care 2007, Springer
- EGF receptor family 2004, ScienceDirect
- EGFR signaling networks in cancer therapy 2008, Springer
- eHealth solutions for healthcare disparities 2008, SpringerAn overview of healthcare disparities -- Provider factors in healthcare disparities -- Patient factors in healthcare disparities -- Healthcare system factors in healthcare disparities -- The social "nonmedical" determinants of health -- The role of the Internet in American life -- The iHealth revolution -- Digital disparities -- The role of eHealth in patient engagement and quality improvement -- Medical informatics -- Public health informatics -- Beyond traditional paradigms in disparities research -- Health information technology policy perspectives and healthcare disparities -- Disparities and eHealth: achieving the promise and the potential.
- Elastic scattering of electrons and positrons 2007, HighWire
- Elbow. 2nd ed. 2002, Ovid
- Eldercare technology for clinical practitioners 2008, Springer
- Electric Cell-Substrate Impedance Sensing Concept to Commercialization /Ivar Giaever and Charles R. Keese --Protein Kinase C Isoforms in the Formation of Focal Adhesion Complexes: Investigated by Cell Impedance /Havovi Chichger, Katie L. Grinnell and Elizabeth O. Harrington --ECIS as a Tool in the Study of Metastasis Suppressor Genes: Epithelial Protein Lost In Neoplasm (EPLIN) /Andrew J. Sanders, Vladimir M. Saravolac, Malcolm D. Mason and Wen G. Jiang --Electrical Cell-Substrate Impedance Sensing for Measuring Cellular Transformation, Migration, Invasion, and Anticancer Compound Screening /Bryan Plunger, Chang Kyoung Choi and Tim E. Sparer --Epithelial-Mesenchymal Transition and the Use of ECIS /Jane Lane and Wen G. Jiang --Cell Growth and Cell Death Studied by Electric Cell-Substrate Impedance Sensing /Judith Anthea Stolwijk, Stefanie Michaelis and Joachim Wegener --Tight Junctions in Cancer Metastasis and Their Investigation Using ECIS (Electric Cell-Substrate Impedance Sensing) /Tracey A. Martin and Wen G. Jiang --Epithelial Wound Healing and the Effects of Cytokines Investigated by ECIS: Electric Cell-Substrate Impedance Sensing in Epithelial Research /Katalin Szaszi, Matthew Vandermeer and Yasaman Amoozadeh --Tumour-Endothelial and Tumour-Mesothelial Interactions Investigated by Impedance Sensing Based Cell Analyses /Wen G. Jiang, Lin Ye, Haiying Ren, Ann Kift-Morgan and Nicholas Topley, et al. --Application of Electric Cell-Substrate Impedance Sensing in Evaluation of Traditional Medicine on the Cellular Functions of Gastric and Colorectal Cancer Cells /Lin Ye, Ke Ji, Jiafu Ji, Rachel Hargest and Wen G. Jiang --Electric Cell-Substrate Impedance Sensing as a Screening Tool for Wound Healing Agents /Cheuk Lun Liu, Jacqueline Chor Wing Tam, Andrew J. Sanders, David G. Jiang and Chun Hay Ko, et al. --ECIS, Cellular Adhesion and Migration in Keratinocytes /David C. Bosanquet, Keith G. Harding and Wen G. Jiang --Current and Future Applications of ECIS Models to Study Bone Metastasis /Lin Ye, Sivan M. Bokobza, Howard G. Kynaston and Wen G. Jiang.
- Electrical impedance tomography 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Electrical therapies for the heart 2007, HighWire
- Electroanalytical methods for biological materials 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Electrochemical methods for neuroscience 2007, CRCnetBASEAn introduction to electrochemical methods in neuroscience / Laura M. Borland and Adrian C. Michael -- Rapid dopamine release in freely moving rats / Donita L. Robinson and R. Mark Wightman -- Presynaptic regulation of extracellular dopamine as studied by continuous amperometry in anesthetized animals / Marianne Benoit-Marand, Marie-Francoise Suaud-Chagny, and François Gonon -- Fast scan cyclic voltammetry of dopamine and serotonin in mouse brain slices / Carrie E. John and Sara R. Jones -- High-speed chronoamperometry to study kinetics and mechanisms for serotonin clearance in vivo / Lynette C. Daws and Glenn M. Toney -- Using high-speed chronoamperometry coupled with local dopamine application to assess dopamine transporter function / Joshua M. Gulley, Gaynor A. Larson, and Nancy R. Zahniser --Determining serotonin and dopamine uptake rates in synaptosomes using high-speed chronoamperometry / Xiomara A. Perez, Amanda J. Bressler, and Anne Milasincic Andrews -- Using fast-scan cyclic voltammetry to investigate somatodendritic dopamine release / Sarah Threlfell and Stephanie J. Cragg -- From interferant anion to neuromodulator : ascorbate oxidizes its way to respectability / George V. Rebec -- Biophysical properties of brain extracellular space explored with ion-selective microelectrodes, integrative optical imaging and related techniques / Sabina Hrabetová and Charles Nicholson -- Hydrogen peroxide as a diffusible messenger : evidence from voltammetric studies of dopamine release in brain slices / Margaret E. Rice, Marat V. Avshalumov, and Jyoti C. Patel --In vivo voltammetry with telemetry / Paul A. Garris ... [et al.] -- Oxidative stress at the single cell level / Christian Amatore and Stephane Arbault -- Electrochemistry at the cell membrane/solution interface / Nathan Wittenberg ... [et al.] -- The patch amperometry technique : design of a method to study exocytosis of single vesicles / Gregor Dernick, Guillermo Alvarez de Toledo, and Manfred Lindau -- Amperometric detection of dopamine exocytosis from synaptic terminals / Roland G.W. Staal, Stephen Rayport, and David Sulzer -- Scanning electrochemical microscopy as a tool in neuroscience / Albert Schulte and Wolfgang Schuhmann --Principles, development and applications of self-referencing electrochemical microelectrodes to the determination of fluxes at cell membranes / Peter J.S. Smith, Richard H. Sanger, and Mark A. Messerli -- Second-by-second measures of L-glutamate and other neurotransmitters using enzyme-based microelectrode arrays / Kevin N. Hascup ... [et al.] -- Telemetry for biosensor systems / David A. Johnson and George S. Wilson -- The principles, development and application of microelectrodes for the in vivo determination of nitric oxide / Michael J. Serpe and Xueji Zhang -- In vivo fast-scan cyclic voltammetry of dopamine near microdialysis probes / Hua Yang and Adrian C. Michael.
- Electrochemistry of nucleic acids and proteins. 1st ed. 2005, ScienceDirect
- Electrodiagnosis of retinal diseases 2006, Springer1. Principles and methods. Full-field electroretinograms -- Focal macular ERGs -- Multifocal ERGs -- Electrooculography -- Optical coherence tomography -- 2. Hereditary retinal and allied diseases. Retinitis pigmentosa -- Crystalline retinopathy (Bietti) -- Batten disease -- Kearns-Sayre syndrome -- Choroideremia -- Gyrate atrophy -- Enhanced s-cone syndrome -- X-linked retinoschisis -- Nettleship-falls x-linked ocular albinism -- Complete and incomplete types of CSNB -- Fundus albipunctatus -- Oguchi's disease -- Cone dystrophy -- Rod monochromacy -- Blue cone monochromacy -- Congenital tritanopia - differential diagnosis of dominantly inherited juvenile optic atrophy -- Rod-cone dysfunction syndrome with an unusual form of ERG -- Association of negative ERG with diseases of unknown etiology -- Occult macular dystrophy --Stargardt's disease (fundus flavimaculatus) -- Best's disease -- 3. Acquired retinal diseases. Diabetic retinopathy -- Retinal circulatory disturbances -- Retinal and choroidal detachment -- Inflammatory diseases of retina and choroid -- 4. Acquired macular diseases. Central serous chorioretinopathy -- Aphakic or pseudophakic cystoid macular edema -- Idiopathic epimacular membranes -- Foveal thickness and focal macular ERG -- Idiopathic macular hole -- Macular pseudohole -- Age-related macular degeneration.
- Electromagnetic fields, environment and health 2012, Springer
- The scope of the EMG examination -- Routine clinical electromyography -- Specialized electrodiagnostic studies -- Electrodiagnostic findings in neuromuscular disorders.
- Electron microscopy of model systems. 1st ed. 2010, ScienceDirectChapter 1. Electron Microscopy of Viruses -- Chapter 2. Bacterial TEM : New Insights from Cryo-Microscopy -- Chapter 3. Analysis of the Ultrastructure of Archaea by Electron Microscopy -- Chapter 4. Chlamydomonas : Cryopreparation Methods for the 3-D Analysis of Cellular Organelles -- Chapter 5. Ultrastructure of the Asexual Blood Stages of Plasmodium falciparum -- Chapter 6. Electron Tomography and Immuno-labeling of Tetrahymena thermophila Basal Bodies -- Chapter 7. Electron Microscopy of Paramecium (Ciliata).
- Electron microscopy. 2nd ed. 2007, Springer ProtocolsConventional specimen preparation techniques for transmission electron microscopy of cultured cells / John J. Bozzola -- Processing biological tissues for ultrastructural study / José A. Mascorro and John J. Bozzola -- Processing plant tissues for ultrastructural study / John Kuo and Ivan Kuo -- Microwave-assisted processing and embedding for transmission electron microscopy / Paul Webster -- Ultramicrotomy for biological electron microscopy / Herbert K. Hagler -- Poststaining grids for transmission electron microscopy : conventional and alternative protocols / E. Ann Ellis -- Negative staining of thinly spread biological samples / J. Robin Harris -- Recent advances in high-pressure freezing : equipment- and specimen-loading methods / Kent L. McDonald ... [et al.] --Cryo-ultramicrotomy : cryo-electron microscopy of vitreous sections / Dimitri Vanhecke, Luca Studer, and Daniel Studer -- Cell-free extract systems and the cytoskeleton : preparation of biochemical experiments for transmission electron microscopy / Margaret Coughlin, William M. Brieher, and Ryoma Ohi -- Electron microscopy/in situ hybridization tracking of DNA and RNA sequences at high resolution / Dusan Cmarko and Karel Koberna -- Correlative light and electron microscopy using immunolabeled resin sections / Heinz Schwarz and Bruno M. Humbel -- Cryosectioning fixed and cryoprotected biological material for immunocytochemistry / Paul Webster and Alexandre Webster -- F-TEM images : integrating fluorescence microscopy with transmission electron microscopy / Paul A. Sims and Jeff D. Hardin --Quantitative immunoelectron microscopy : alternative ways of assessing subcellular patterns of gold labelling / Terry M. Mayhew -- Electron crystallography of membrane proteins / Hui-Ting Chou, James Evans, and Henning Stahlberg -- Cryo-electron microscopy of icosahedral virus particle / Wen Jiang and Wah Chiu -- 3D reconstructions of chromosomes with electron tomography / Peter Engelhardt -- Whole-mount immuno-electron tomography of chromosomes and cells / Peter Engelhardt ... [et al.] -- 3D cryo-transmission electron microscopy of cells and organelles / Michael Marko and Chyong-Ere Hsieh -- Electron energy-loss spectroscopy (EELS) as a tool for elemental analysis in biological specimens / Nadine Kapp ... [et al.] -- Conventional specimen preparation techniques for scanning electron microscopy of biological specimens / John J. Bozzola --Variable pressure and environmental scanning electron microscopy : imaging of biological samples / Brendan J. Griffin -- Cryoplaning technique for visualizing the distribution of water in woody tissue by cryo-scanning electron microscopy / Yasuhiro Utsumi and Yuzou Sano -- X-ray microanalysis in the scanning electron microscope / Godfrield M. Roomans and Anca Dragomir -- Botanical SEM X-ray microanalysis in cryo-scanning electron microscopy / Beat Frey -- Static secondary ion mass spectrometry for biological and biomedical research / Nicholas P. Lockyer -- Using secondary ion mass spectrometry and multi-isotope imaging mass spectrometry in biological materials : application to higher plants / Nicole Grignon.
- Electron tomography. 2nd ed. SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.
- Electronic health record 2012, CRCnetBASE"This book introduces readers to structured systems analysis and the medications domains. It starts off with top-down decomposition of workflows and data. It applies structured systems analysis methodology and tools to electronic prescription, computerized physician order entry, drug dispensation, medication administration, and clinical decision support. Providing a comprehensive view of the EHR/EMR, the text covers user interface considerations, reporting requirements, and standards and vocabularies for meaningful use. Assuming no previous clinical and/or informatics knowledge, the author uses accessible language and includes over 250 figures and 100 review questions with answers"--Provided by publisher.
- Electronic healthcare information security 2010, SpringerIntroduction to e-Healthcare Information Security / Charles A. Shoniregun, Kudakwashe Dube and Fredrick Mtenzi -- Securing e-Healthcare Information / Charles A. Shoniregun, Kudakwashe Dube and Fredrick Mtenzi -- Laws and Standards for Secure e-Healthcare Information / Charles A. Shoniregun, Kudakwashe Dube and Fredrick Mtenzi -- Secure e-Healthcare Information Systems / Charles A. Shoniregun, Kudakwashe Dube and Fredrick Mtenzi -- Towards a Comprehensive Framework for Secure e-Healthcare Information / Charles A. Shoniregun, Kudakwashe Dube and Fredrick Mtenzi -- Towards a Unified Security Evaluation Framework for e-Healthcare Information Systems / Charles A. Shoniregun, Kudakwashe Dube and Fredrick Mtenzi -- Discussions / Charles A. Shoniregun, Kudakwashe Dube and Fredrick Mtenzi.
- Electronic record keeping 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Chapter 1. Identifying general requirements -- Chapter 2. Identifying detailed requirements -- Chapter 3. Selecting a solution -- Chapter 4. Implementing an electronic recording and reporting system .
- Electrophysiological recording techniques 2008, Springer ProtocolsField Potential Generation and Current Source Density Analysis / L. Stan Leung -- Current Source Density Analysis of Ongoing Neural Activity: Theory and Application / Yonghong Chen, Mukesh Dhamala, Anil Bollimunta, Charles E. Schroeder, Mingzhou Ding -- The Juxtacellular Recording-Labeling Technique / Didier Pinault -- Neural Recording Using Digital Telemetry / André A. Fenton, Kathryn J. Jeffery, James G. Donnett -- Large-Scale Neural Ensembles in Mice: Methods for Recording and Data Analysis / Hui Kuang, Joe Z. Tsien -- Behavioral Correlates of Neuronal Activity Recorded as Single-Units: Promises and Pitfalls as Illustrated by the Rodent Head Direction Cell Signal / Robert W. Stackman -- Event-Related Potentials of the Cerebral Cortex / Steven L. Bressler -- Multisite Spike-Field Coherence, Theta Rhythmicity, and Information Flow Within Papez's Circuit / Zimbul Albo, Gonzalo Viana Prisco, Robert P. Vertes -- Cognitively Relevant Recoding in Hippocampus: Beneficial Feedback of Ensemble Codes in a Closed Loop Paradigm / Robert E. Hampson, John D. Simeral, Theodore W. Berger, Dong Song, Rosa H. Chan, Vasilis Z. Marmarelis, Sam A. Deadwyler -- An Intact Septo-Hippocampal Preparation for Investigating the Mechanisms of Hippocampal Oscillation / Romain Goutagny, Jesse Jackson, Sylvain Williams -- Targeted Modulation of Neural Circuits: A New Treatment Strategy for Neuropsychiatric Disease / Helen S. Mayberg, Paul E. Holtzheimer.
- Electroporation protocols 2008, Springer ProtocolsPt. I. Basic concepts of DNA transfer via electroporation. Application of electroporation gene therapy: past, current, and future / Lluis M. Mir -- Mechanism by which electroporation mediates DNA migration and entry into cells and targeted tissues / Marie-Pierre Rols -- Applicator and electrode design for in vivo DNA delivery by electroporation / Dietmar Rabussay -- Electrode assemblies used for electroporation of cultured cells / Leda Raptis and Kevin L. Firth -- Formulations for DNA delivery via electroporation in vivo / Khursheed Anwer -- Overview of drug delivery and alternative methods to electroporation / Sek-Wen Hui -- Nanoelectroporation: a first look / Raji Sundararajan -- Pt. II. In vitro targeted gene delivery via electroporation. Nucleofection of human embryonic stem cells / Henrike Siemen ... [et al.] -- Delivery of whole tumor lysate into dendritic cells for cancer vaccination / Linda N. Liu ... [et al.] -- Delivery of tumor-antigen-encoding mRNA into dendritic cells for vaccination / Annelies Michiels ... [et al.] --Delivery of DNA into natural killer cells for immunotherapy / Kathrin Schoenberg, Hans-Ingo Trompeter, and Markus Uhrberg -- Electroporation of adherent cells in situ for the study of signal transduction and gap junctional communication / Leda Raptis ... [et al.] -- Delivery of DNA into adipocytes within adipose tissue / James G. Granneman -- Pt. III. In vivo targeted gene delivery via electroporation. Delivery of DNA into muscle for treating systemic diseases: advantages and challenges / Capucine Trollet, Daniel Scherman, and Pascal Bigey -- Delivery of DNA into skeletal muscle in large animals / Patricia A. Brown, Amir S. Khan, and Ruxandra Draghia-Akli -- Delivery of DNA into skin via electroporation / Babu M. Medi and Jagdish Singh -- Electroporation-mediated gene delivery to the lungs / Rui Zhou, James E. Norton, and David A. Dean -- Delivery of DNA into bladder via electroporation / Masaki Yoshida ... [et al.] -- Analysis of gene function in the retina / Takahiko Matsuda and Constance L. Cepko -- Optical in vivo imaging of electrically mediated delivery of siRNA into muscle for gene function analysis / Muriel Golzio and Justin Teissie -- Electroporation of adult zebrafish / N. Madhusudhana Rao, K. Murali Rambabu, and S. Harinarayana Rao --Pt. IV. Treatment of cancer via electroporation gene therapy. Flow electroporation with pulsed electric fields for purging tumor cells / Abie Craiu and David Scadden -- Delivery of DNA into tumors / Shulin Li -- Intraturmoral bieomycin and IL-12 electrochemogenetherapy for treating head and neck tumors in dogs / Jeffry Cutrera ... [et al.] -- Systemic IL-12 gene therapy for treating malignancy via intramuscular electroporation / Shiguo Zhu and Shulin Li -- Treatment of SCCVII tumors with systemic chemotherapy and interleukin-12 gene therapy combination / Marina Torrero and Shulin Li -- Electroporation for drug and gene delivery in the cliic: doctors go electric / Julie Gehl -- IL-2 plasmid electroporation: from preclinical studies in phase I clinical trial / Holly M. Horton, Peggy A. Lalor, and Alain P. Rolland -- Pt. V. Treatment of other diseases via electroporation gene therapy. Factor IX gene therapy for hemophilia / James G. Fewell -- KGF-1 for wound healing in animal models / Guy P. Marti ... [et al.] -- Hapatocyte growth factor gene therapy for hypertension / Kazuo Komamura ... [et al.] -- Electroporation of corrective nucleic acids (CNA) in vivo to promote gene correction in dstrophic muscle / Robert M.I. Kapsa, Sharon H.A. Wong, and Anita F. Quigley --Gene delivery to dystrophic muscle / Kim E. Wells ... [et al.] -- Effect of electroporation on cardiac electrophysiology / Vadim V. Fedorov, Vladimir P. Nikolski, and Igor R. Efimov -- Muscle and fat mass modulation in different clinical models / Ruxandra Draghia-Akli and Amir S. Khan -- Pt. VI. Applications of electroporation for DNA vaccination. DNA vaccination for prostate cancer / Anna-Karin Roos, Alan King, and Pavel Pisa -- HER2/neu DNA vaccination for breast tumors / Arianna Smorlesi ... [et al.] -- Electroporation-mediated HBV DNA vaccination in primate models / Yong-Gang Zhao and Yuhong Xu -- Taking electroporation-based delivery of DNA vaccination into humans: a generic clinical protocol / Torunn Elisabeth Tjelle ... [et al.] -- Production of monoclonal antibody by DNA immunization with electroporation / Kaw Yan Chua, John D.A. Ramos, and Nge Cheong.
- Electroreception 2005, Springer
- Elements of information theory. 2nd ed. 2006, Wileych. 1. Introduction and preview -- ch. 2. Entropy, relative entropy, and mutual information -- ch. 3. Asymptotic equipartition property -- ch. 4. Entropy rates of a stochastic process -- ch. 5. Data compression -- ch. 6. Gambling and data compression -- ch. 7. Channel capacity -- ch. 8. Differential entropy -- ch. 9. Gaussian channel -- ch. 10. Rate distortion theory -- ch. 11. Information theory and statistics -- ch. 12. Maximum entropy -- ch. 13. Universal source coding -- ch. 14. Kolmogorov complexity -- ch. 15. Network information theory -- ch. 16. Information theory and portfolio theory -- ch. 17. Inequalities in information theory.
- Elements of molecular neurobiology. 3rd ed. 2002, Wileych. 1. Introductory orientation -- ch. 2. The Conformation of informational macromolecules -- ch. 3. Information processing in cells -- ch. 4. Molecular evolution -- ch. 5. Manipulating biomolecules -- ch. 6. Genomics -- ch. 7. Biomembranes -- ch. 8. G-protein-coupled receptors -- ch. 9. Pumps -- ch. 10. Ligand-gated ion channels -- ch. 11. Voltage-gated channels -- ch. 12. Resting potentials and cable conduction -- ch. 13. Sensory transduction -- ch. 14. The Action potential -- ch. 15. The Neuron as a secretory cell -- ch. 16. Neurotransmitters and neuromodulators -- ch. 17. The Postsynaptic cell -- ch. 18. Developmental genetics of the brain -- ch. 19. Epigenetics of the brain -- ch. 20. Memory -- ch. 21. Some pathologies.
- Elements of style. 1st ed. Fulltext
- Elephant in the room 2012, SpringerRick's Big Adventure -- All My Trials -- Fish Ate My Cancer -- Smoker's Cough -- Conference With Counsel -- Coming Through -- Here's Henry -- Why Me? -- How Do They Know What I've Got? -- Doctors and Cancer: Firewall.
- Élèves de Claude Bernard SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.
- Eliminating healthcare disparities in America 2007, SpringerI. Underlying causes of healthcare disparities -- 1. Historical perspectives on healthcare disparities : is the past prologue? / Richard Allen Williams -- 2. Epidemiology of racial and ethnic disparities in health and healthcare / George A. Mensah and Maleeka J. Glover -- 3. Cultural diversity in medicine and in healthcare delivery / Richard Allen Williams -- II. Current problems -- 4. Healthcare and the politics of race / M. Gregg Bloche -- 5. Barriers to eliminating disparities in clinical practice: lessons from the IOM report "Unequal Treatment" / Joseph R. Betancourt and Angela Maina -- 6. Second-class medicine: implications of evidence-based medicine for improving minority access to the correct pharmaceutical therapy / Randall W. Maxey and Richard Allen Williams -- 7. The diversity benefit: how does diversity among health professionals address public needs? / Brian D. Smedley -- III. Approaches to correcting the problems -- 8. Eliminating disparities in healthcare through quality improvement / Kevin Fiscella -- 9. Eliminating racial discrimination in healthcare: a call for state healthcare anti-discrimination law / Vernellia R. Randall -- 10. Quality of care and health disparities: the evolving role of government / Garth N. Graham -- 11. The role of communities in eliminating healthcare disparities: getting down to the grass roots / JudyAnn Bigby -- 12. The potential impact of performance incentive programs on racial disparities in healthcare / Alyna T. Chien -- IV. Examples of what works -- 13. Monitoring socioeconomic determinants for healthcare disparities: tools from the Public Health Disparities Geocoding Project / Nancy Krieger ... [et a.] -- 14. The Association of Black Cardiologists: a small-group success story / Richard Allen Williams -- 15. Breathe easy in Seattle: addressing asthma disparities through healthier housing / James W. Krieger ... [et al.] -- 16. Access Health Solutions: a minority physician network model that works / Kathy B. Jackson -- 17. Carolinas Association for Community Health Equity-CACHE: a community coalition to address health disparities in racial and ethnic minorities in Mecklenburg County North Carolina / Yele Aluko -- V. Concluding recommendations -- 18. Principles for eliminating racial and ethnic disparities in healthcare / John Z. Ayanian and Richard Allen Williams.
- ELISA guidebook. 2nd ed. 2009, Springer Protocols
- Elite young athlete 2011, KargerA key resource for coaches, scientists and clinicians.
- A certain sense of self -- Shedding encumbrances -- One of Gall's gals -- Revelations -- Opportunism -- Gold rush -- Entering the fray -- An interlocking system -- Dr. Jekyll or Mr. Hyde? -- Members of a guild -- Citizen scientist -- Political fallout -- "You have to think it's fun" -- Notes -- Bibliography.
- EM algorithm and related statistical models 2004, CRCnetBASE
- "Completely updated and expanded, 'Emans, Laufer, and Goldstein's Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology', Sixth Edition, covers the medical and surgical approaches to common pediatric and adolescent clinical problems. The book discusses the importance of the history and physical examination and the physiology of puberty and its associated disorders and complications"--Provided by publisher.
- Embedding education into diabetes practice 2005, Karger
- Embitterment 2011, SpringerFeatures of embitterment --Embitterment -- a larger perspective on a forgotten emotion /Hansjö̲rg Znoj --Hope and embitterment /Beate Schrank, Astrid Grant Hay --Embitterment -- from the perspective of justice psychology /Claudia Dalbert --Revenge after trauma; theoretical outline /Ira Gäbler, Andreas Maercker --"She looks back without bitterness": Wisdom as a developmental opposite of embitterment /Judith Glück --Personality as risk and resilience in embitterment reactions /Anja Dodek, Sven Barnow --Neurobiological correlates of social exclusion and social pain /Anna K. Berkefeld, Dieter F. Brauss --Context of embitterment --Relationships and embitterment /Kurt Hahlweg, Donald H. Baucom --Self-regulation of bitterness across the lifespan /Carsten Wrosch, Jesse Renaud --Cancer patients: loss of meaning, demoralization and embitterment /Anja Mehnert, Sigrun Vehling --Embitterment and the workplace /Beate Muschalla, Michael Linden --Embittermenta in Asia: losing face, inequality and alienation under historical and modern perspectives /Changsu Han --Embitterment and personality disorder /Max Rotter --Context of embitterment --Embitterment syndrome: options for psychopharmacological management /Borwin Bandelow --Forgiveness therapy to treat embitterment: a review of relevant research /Nathaniel G. Wade, Brian C. Post, Marilyn A. Cornish --Wisdom psychotherapy /Barbara Lieberei, Michael LInden --Embitterment and forgiveness in the context of the conflict in Northern Ireland /Ed Cairns, Miles Hewstone --Classification of embitterment --PTSD and beyond: embitterment and relevant concepts of nosology /Andreas Maercker --Embitterment in suicide and homicide-sucide /Kenneth R. Conner, Robert L. Weisman --Should embitterment be included among mental disorders? /Norman Sartorius --Posttraumatic embitterment disorder, PTED /Michael Linden --Classification of "reactive" mental disorders in ICD and DSM /Michael B. First --Contextual facators and reacative disorders in the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health /Cille Kennedy, T. Bedirhan Üstün --Reactive mental disorders: stressors, personality and symptoms /Patricia Casey.
- Embolisation 2012, Springer
- Embryology 2005
- Embryology. 2nd ed. 2009How does an embryo form? -- How do the placenta and fetal membranes form? -- The body cavities and the diaphragm -- The integumentary, skeletal, and muscular systems -- The respiratory system -- The cardiovascular system -- The digestive system -- The urinary system -- The reproductive system -- The nervous system -- Development of the head and neck, the eye, and the ear.
- Embryology. 3rd ed. 2005
- Embryology. 4th ed. 2008
- Embryonic stem cell protocols. 2nd ed. v. 1-2, 2006, Springer Protocolsv. 2, 2006 Springer Protocolsv. 1. Isolation and characterization -- v. 2. Differentiation models.
- Embryonic stem cells 2006, ScienceDirectDerivation and maintenance of embryonic stem cells -- Differentiation of embryonic stem cells.
- Embryonic stem cells 2007, SpringerDefined culture media for human embryonic stem cells / T. Ludwig and J. Thomson -- Generation of disease-specific human embryonic stem cell lines / S. Minger -- Characterization and differentiation of human embryonic stem cells / A. Laslett ... [et al.] -- Genetic modification of human embryonic stem cells / T. Zwaka -- Hematopoietic differentiation / C. Cerdan ... [et al.] -- Neural differentiation / Z.-J. Zhang ... [et al.] -- Germ cell differentiation / V. Angeles and R. Pera -- Mesodermal differentiation / N. Sharon and N. Benvenisty -- Three-dimensional culture of human embryonic stem cells / S. Gerecht ... [et al.] -- Extraembryonic cell differentiation / L. Armstrong and M. Lako -- Pancreatic cell differentiation / B. Fishman ... [et al.] -- Cardiomyocyte differentiation / D. Singla ... [et al.] -- Human embryonal carcinoma (EC) cells: Complementary tools for embryonic stem cell research / P. Tonge and P. Andrews -- Quality control of human stem cell lines / G. Stacey.
- Embryonic stem cells 2006Procedures for deriving ES cell lines from the mouse / Frances A. Brook -- Production of ES cell-derived mice / Yoko Kato and Yukio Tsunoda -- Generating animal models of human mitochondrial genetic disease using mouse ES cells / Grant R. MacGregor ... [et al.] -- Controlling the differentiation of mouse ES cells in vitro / Michael V. Wiles and Gabriele Proetzel -- In vitro differentiation of mouse ES cells into muscle cells / Yelena S. Tarasova [et al.] -- In vitro differentiation of mouse ES cells into haematopoietic cells / Osamu Ohneda and Masayuki Yamamoto -- Lineage selection and transplantation of mouse ES cell-derived neural precursors / Tanja Schmandt, Tamara Glaser and Oliver Brüstle -- In vitro differentiation of mouse ES cells into pancreatic and hepatic cells / Przemyslaw Blyszczuk, Gabriela Kania and Anna M. Wobus -- Isolation and characterization of human ES cells / Martin F. Pera -- Differentiation of human ES cells / Sharon Gerecht-Nir and Joseph Itskovitz-Eldor -- ES cell lines from the cynomolgus monkey (Macaca fascicularis) / Hirofumi Suemori [et al.].
- The relationship between genotype and phenotype : some basic concepts / Philip Stanier and Gudrun Moore -- Uses of databases in dysmorphology / Michael Baraitser -- Human cytogenetics / J.D.A. Delhanty -- Identification and analysis of genes involved in congenital malformation syndromes / Peter J. Scambler -- Transgenic technology and its role in understanding normal and abnormal mammalian development / Valerie Vidal and Andreas Schedl -- Chemical teratogens : hazards, tools, and clues / Nigel A. Brown -- The limbs / Patrizia Ferretti and Cheryll Tickle -- Brain and spinal cord / Andrew J. Copp -- Birth defects affecting the eye / Jane C. Sowden -- The ear / Sarah L. Spiden and Karen P. Steel -- Development of the enteric nervous system in relation to Hirschsprung's Disease / Heather M. Young, Donald F. Newgreen and Alan J. Burns -- The head / Gillian M. Morriss-Kay -- The heart / Deborah Henderson, Mary R. Hutson and Margaret L. Kirby -- The skin / Ahmad Waseem and Irene M. Leigh -- The vertebral column / David Rice and Susanne Dietrich -- The kidney / Paul J.D. Winyard -- The teeth / Irma Thesleff.
- Emergence of zoonotic diseases 2002, NAP
- Emergencies in pediatric oncology 2012, Springer
- Emergencies in urology 2007, Springer
- Emergency echocardiography 2009, Springer
- Emergency medicine 2008Section I. Resuscitation skills and techniques -- Section II. Special considerations in the pediatric patient -- Section III. Head and neck injuries -- Section IV. Gastrointestinal diseases -- Section V. Pulmonary diseases -- Section VI. Cardiac diseases -- Section VII. Vascular diseases -- Section VIII. Injuries to bones and organs -- Section IX. Neurologic diseases -- Section X. Allergic inflammatory, and autoimmune disorders -- Section XI. Genitourinary and renal diseases -- Section XII. Women's health and gynecologic diseases -- Section XIII. Environmental injuries -- Section XIV. Toxicologic emergencies -- Section XV. Bites, stings, and injuries from animals -- Section XVI. Metabolic and endocrine disorders -- Section XVII. Infections -- Section XVIII. Wounds and skin injuries -- Section XIX. Rashes -- Section XX. Emergency psychiatric disorders -- Section XXI. Hematology and oncology management -- Section XXII. Leadership, communication, and administration -- Index.
- Resuscitation -- Cardiovascular emergencies -- Pulmonary emergencies -- Gastrointestinal emergencies -- Urogenital emergencies -- Infectious disease emergencies -- Metabolic emergencies -- Endocrine emergencies -- Neurologic emergencies -- Rheumatologic and allergic emergencies -- Dermatologic emergencies -- Eye, ear, nose, throat, and dental emergencies -- Psychiatric emergencies -- Obstetric and gynecologic emergencies -- Pediatric emergencies -- Hematologic and oncologic emergencies -- Trauma emergencies -- Orthopedic emergencies -- Wound emergencies -- Toxicologic emergencies -- Environmental emergencies -- Emergency medical services -- Disaster medicine -- Legal issues.
- Chest Pain and Cardiac Dysrhythmias -- Shortness of Breath -- Abdominal and Pelvic Pain -- Trauma, Shock and Resuscitation -- Fever -- Poisoning and Overdose -- Altered Mental Status -- Gastrointestinal Bleeding -- Musculoskeletal Injuries -- Headache, Weakness, and Dizziness -- Pediatrics -- Vaginal Bleeding -- Ultrasound in the Emergency Department -- Environmental Exposures -- Eye Pain and Visual Change -- Wound Care -- Prehospital, Disaster, Administration -- Endocrine Emergencies -- Psychosocial Disorders.
- Emergency neurology 2012, Springer1.Headache in the Emergency Department /Carrie E. Robertson, David F. Black and Jerry W. Swanson --2.Low Back Pain Emergencies /Luis A. Serrano, Tim Maus and J.D. Bartleson --3.Dizziness and Vertigo Presentations in the Emergency Department /Kevin A. Kerber and Robert W. Baloh --4.Syncope /Mark D. Carlson --5.Acute Visual Loss /Cédric Lamirel, Nancy J. Newman and Valérie Biousse --6.Diplopia, Third Nerve Palsies, and Sixth Nerve Palsies /Janet C. Rucker --7.Facial Nerve Palsy /James M. Gilchrist --8.Acute Stroke Evaluation and Management /Ty Tiesong Shang, Dileep R. Yavagal, Jose G. Romano and Ralph L. Sacco --9.Intracerebral Hemorrhage /Pratik Vishnu Patel, Lucas Elijovich and J. Claude Hemphill --10.Seizures and Status Epilepticus /Sandipan Pati and Joseph I. Sirven --11.Central Nervous System Infections /Karen L. Roos --12.Weakness (Guillain-Barré Syndrome) /Mengjing Huan and A. Gordon Smith --13.Spinal Cord Compression and Myelopathies /William F. Schmalstieg and Brian G. Weinshenker --14.Movement Disorder Emergencies /Robert L. Rodnitzky --15.Encephalopathy /Steven L. Lewis --16.Acute Respiratory Failure in Neuromuscular Disorders /Cynthia L. Bodkin and Robert M. Pascuzzi --17.Coma and Brain Death /Robert E. Hoesch and Romergryko G. Geocadin --18.Neurotoxicology Emergencies /Laura M. Tormoehlen --19.Substance Abuse, Somatization, and Personality Disorders /Ronald Kanner.
- Emergency neuroradiology 2006, Springer
- Emergency radiology 2007, Springer
- Emergency radiology 2013, SpringerImaging of Acute Aortic Conditions -- Emergencies of the Biliary Tract -- Acute Appendicitis -- Imaging of Small Bowel -- Imaging of Bowel Obstruction -- Imaging of Acute Colonic Disorders -- Imaging of Genitourinary Emergencies -- Imaging of Acute Conditions of Male Reproductive Organs -- Imaging of Blunt and Penetrating Abdominal Trauma -- Acute Nontraumatic Imaging in the Liver and Spleen -- Imaging of Acute Pancreas -- Imaging of Acute Obstetric Disorders -- Imaging of Acute Gynecologic Disorders -- Emergency Radionuclide Imaging of the Thorax and Abdomen -- Imaging of Neck Emergencies -- Imaging of Acute Head Emergencies -- Imaging of Facial Fractures -- Stroke and Its Imaging Evaluation -- Imaging of Acute Orbital Pathologies -- Imaging of Upper Extremity -- Lower Extremity Trauma -- Imaging of Spinal Trauma -- Imaging of Nontraumatic Mediastinal and Pulmonary Processes -- Imaging of Acute Thoracic Trauma -- Imaging of Lines and Tubes -- Imaging of Pediatric Emergencies.
- Emergency radiology of the abdomen 2012, SpringerThe term "acute abdomen" refers to a serious, often progressive clinical situation that calls for immediate diagnostic and therapeutic action. Today, diagnosis via imaging has basically replaced the physical examination in the emergency room and the Radiologist has become of primary importance in this setting. However, close co-operation among the various specialists involved is essential for successful patient management, and thus the Radiologist needs to have a full understanding of the imaging modalities and technical skills required, as well as appropriate clinical knowledge of t
- Emergency Radiology: The Requisites. 1nd Lane Catalog record
- Emergency response handbook for chemical and biological agents and weapons. 2nd ed. 2008, CRCnetBASE
- Emergency vascular surgery 2007, Springer
- Emergent collective properties, networks and information in biology. 1st ed. 2006, ScienceDirect
- Emerging and endemic pathogens 2010, SpringerGlobal effects and prevention of emerging and epidemic pathogens: cholera and citrus greening as examples -- Surveillance -- Epidemiological surveillance of highly pathogenic diseases in Kazakhstan -- Surveillance on plague in Natural foci in Georgia -- Application of modern techniques for studying bacterial pathogens in Georgia -- Especially dangerous infections in Azerbaijan -- Strengthening the early-warning function of the surveillance system: the Macedonian experience -- Integrating geographic information systems and ecological niche modeling into disease ecology: a case study of Bacillus anthracis in the United States and Mexico -- Molecular analysis and tools -- Applications of paleomicrobiology to the understanding of emerging and re-emerging infectious diseases -- Characterization of a putative hemagglutinin gene in the caprine model for brucellosis -- Pathoadaptation of especially dangerous pathogens -- Detection of pathogens via high-throughput sequencing -- Environmental infuences on the relative stability of baculoviruses and Vaccinia virus: a review.
- Emerging bacterial pathogens 2001, Karger
- Emerging concepts in neuro-oncology 2013, Springer
- Emerging foodborne pathogens 2006, CRCnetBASEpt. 1. Identifying emerging pathogens -- pt. 2. Individual pathogens.
- Emerging infections in Asia 2008, Springer
- Emerging issues in Hispanic health 2002, NAP
- Emerging pathologies in cardiology 2005, Springer
- Emerging safety science 2008, NAP1. Introduction -- 2. Investigative Toxicology: The State of the Art -- 3. Screening Technologies I: Human Cell-Based Approaches -- 4. Screening Technologies II: Toxicogenomics -- 5. Screening Technologies III: Metabolomics -- 6. Screening Technologies IV: Pharmacogenetics -- 7. Qualifying Biomarkers -- 8. Pharmacovigilance -- 9. Integration -- 10. The Future of Safety Science.
- Emerging societies 2009, KargerGlobal changes in diet and activity patterns as drivers of the nutrition transition / Popkin, B.M. -- Regional case studies : India / Reddy, K.S. -- Regional case studies : China / Yin, S. -- Regional case studies : Africa / Prentice, A.M. -- Obesity in emerging nations : evolutionary origins and the impact of a rapid nutrition transition / Prentice, A.M. -- Prenatal origins of undernutrition / Christian, P. -- Postnatal origins of undernutrition / Prost, M.-A. -- Malnutrition, long-term health, and the effect of nutritional recovery / Sawaya, A.L. ... [et al.] -- The role of epigenetics in mediating environmental effects on phenotype / Morgan, D.; Whitelaw, E. -- Metabolism of methionine in vivo : impact of pregnancy, protein restriction, and fatty liver disease / Kalhan, S.C. -- Adiposity and comorbidities : favorable impact of caloric restriction / Ravussin, E.; Redman, L.M. -- Obesity, inflammation, and macrophages / Subramanian, V.; Ferrante, A.W., Jr. -- Obesity, hepatic metabolism and disease / Edmison, J.M.; Kalhan, S.C.; McCullough, A.J. -- Imperative of preventive measures addressing the life-cycle / Yajnik, C.S. -- New approaches to optimizing early diets / Polberger, S. -- Prevention of low birthweight / Alam, D.S. -- Community-based approaches to address childhood undernutrition and obesity in developing countries / Shetty, P.
- Emerging technologies in surgery 2007, Springer
- Emerging therapeutic targets in ovarian cancer 2011, Springer
- Emerging viral diseases of Southeast Asia 2007, KargerThe Singapore contribution in the battle against the severe acute respiratory syndrome / Fielding, B.C., Tan, Y.-J. -- Avian influenza in Thailand / Puthavathana, P. ... [et al.] -- Emerging viral diseases of fish and shrimp / Wang, M. ... [et al.] -- Avian influenza H5N1 virus: an emerging global pandemic / Lal, S.K., Chow, V.T.K. -- Henipaviruses: new threats for Southeast Asia and Australia / McCormack, J., Smith, G. -- Ross River virus: an arthritogenic alphavirus of significant importance in the Asia Pacific / Tupanceska, D. ... [et al.] -- Emerging and re-emerging infectious diseases in our global village / Heymann, D.L. -- Role of a pathology laboratory in SARS and other emerging infections / Nicholls, J., Peiris, J.S.M. -- The fight against emerging viral diseases in Asia / Lam, S.K.
- Emerging viruses in human populations. 1st ed. 2007, ScienceDirect
- Emery and Rimoin's Principles and practice of medical genetics. [6th ed.] 2013, ScienceDirectFor decades, Emery & Rimoin's Principles and Practice of Medical Genetics has provided the ultimate source for practicing clinicians to learn how the study of genetics can be integrated into practice. With advances in high-throughput technologies propelling the closer integration of lab and clinical work, this sixth edition bridges the gap between high-level molecular genetics and individual application. This comprehensive yet practical resource emphasizes theory and research fundamentals related to applications of medical genetics across the full spectrum of inherited disorders.
- The history and impact of genetics in medicine -- The cellular and molecular basis of inheritance -- Chromosomes and cell division -- DNA technology and applications -- Mapping and identifying genes for monogenic disorders -- Developmental genetics -- Patterns of inheritance -- Mathematical and population genetics -- Polygenic and multifactorial inheritance -- Hemoglobin and the hemoglobinopathies -- Biochemical genetics -- Pharmacogenetics -- Immunogentics -- Cancer genetics -- Genetic factors in common diseases -- Congenital abnormalities and dysmorphic syndromes -- Genetic counseling -- Chromosome disorders -- Single-gene disorders -- Screening for genetic disease -- Prenatal testing and reproductive genetics -- Risk calculation -- Treatment of genetic disease -- Ethical and legal issues in medical genetics.
- Emission tomography 2004, ScienceDirect
- Emotion regulation 2008, SpringerIntroduction: Emotions, emotion regulation, and health / Johan Denollet, Ivan Nyklíček, Ad J.J.M. Vingerhoets -- Coping styles and aggression : a biobehavioral approach / Jaap M. Koolhaas, Sietse F. de Boer -- New avenues in alexithymia research : the creation of alexithymia types / Peter Paul Moormann ... [et al.] -- Current issues in repressive coping and health / Lynn B. Myers ... [et al.] -- Why crying improves our well-being : an attachment-theory perspective on the functions of adult crying / Michelle C.P. Hendriks .. [et al.] -- Emotional intelligence : relationships to stress, health, and well-being / Guus L. van Heck, Brenda L. den Oudsten -- Emotion expression in depression : emerging evidence for emotion context-insensitivity / Jonathan Rottenberg, Christine Vaughan -- Emotion regulation and the anxiety disorders : adopting a self-regulation perspective / Thomas L. Rodebaugh, Richard G. Heimberg -- The clinical assessment and treatment of trauma-related self and affect dysregulation / Annemiek van Dijke -- Emotional inhibition, health, gender, and eating disorders : the role of (over) sensitivity to others / Marrie H.J. Bekker, Sonja T.P. Spoor -- Emotional competence and health in children / Carolien Rieffe, Mark Meerum Terwogt, Francine C. Jellesma -- Crying in psychotherapy : its meaning, assessment, and management based on attachment theory / Judith K. Nelson -- Expressive writing in the clinical context / Joshua M. Smyth, Deborah Nazarian, Danielle Arigo -- Writing for all, for some, or for no one? Some thoughts on the applications and evaluations of the writing technique / Luigi Solano, Maria Bonadies, Michela Di Trani.
- Emotional abuse and other psychic harms 2013, Click LINK above for location/circulation status."Marion Allsopp maps the emergence of a powerful psycho-social idea out of its historical and social circumstances, as the concept of injury or trauma has moved, over the twentieth century, from the description of a physical, visible lesion to a more abstract, psychic harm -- often thought of as an 'invisible wound'. She looks at examples of this 'inward turn' in different academic, professional and administrative contexts in the Anglophone world: US psychiatry; UK tort law; Child Protection and the psychological/psychotherapeutic world of attachment theory, both of which span the Atlantic. How have 'psy' academics and professionals, with all their varied theories and techniques of intervention, contributed to the making of new ideas about an injured inner space? How have they explored the psychic interior; what are the emerging fields of knowledge and political conditions which facilitated the growth of this problem category of psychic harm, creating new claims to injury and new forms of state and non-state power? This mapping is not a description of a march towards some inexorable truth. On the contrary, by showing the ideas ' historical or contingent nature, it questions the inevitability of our 21st century present, in which the concept of psychological harm is so pervasive and taken for granted." -- [Publisher-supplied data]
- Emotional nature of qualitative research 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Emotions as bio-cultural processes 2009, SpringerPrologue -- Concepts and approaches -- Empirical studies: Shame and pride : prototypical emotions between biology and culture.
- "Of blacke cholor, without boyling" -- An impatient war -- "Will you turn me out if I can't get better?" -- Prevention is the cure -- "A distorted version of our normal selves" -- The fruits of long endeavors -- Atossa's war.
- Empirical likelihood 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Empirical methods for evaluating educational interventions 2005, ScienceDirect
- Employer health benefits 2010, Kais Fam Found"This annual survey of employers provides a detailed look at trends in employer-sponsored health coverage, including premiums, employee contributions, cost-sharing provisions, and other relevant information. The survey continued to document the prevalence of high-deductible health plans associated with a savings option and included questions on wellness benefits and health risk assessments. The 2010 survey included 3,143 randomly selected public and private firms with three or more employees (2,046 of which responded to the full survey and 1,097 of which responded to an additional question about offering coverage). Researchers at the Kaiser Family Foundation, the National Opinion Research Center at the University of Chicago, and Health Research & Educational Trust designed and analyzed the survey"--Website.
- EMT. 3rd ed. 2004
- Emulsions and emulsion stability. 2nd ed. 2006, CRCnetBASE
- e-EROS, Encyclopedia of reagents for ...
- — Emulsions and emulsion stability. 2nd...
- Encapsulated and powdered foods ........
- — Enzyme stabilization and immobilizati...
- Enzyme structure. Part B ...............
- — Ethical challenges in genomics resear...
- Ethical challenges in study design an...
- — Eye. 3rd ed. ...........................
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases