- e-EROS, Encyclopedia of reagents for ...
- — Emotional nature of qualitative resea...
- Emotions as bio-cultural processes .....
- — Enzyme kinetics and mechanism. Part D...
- Enzyme kinetics and mechanism. Part F...
- — Ethical choices. 2nd ed. ...............
- Ethical conduct of clinical research ...
- — Eye. 3rd ed. ...........................
- The necessity and challenges of clinical research involving children -- Regulatory framework for protecting child participants in research -- Defining, interpreting, and applying concepts of risk and benefit in clinical research involving children -- Understanding and agreeing to children's participation in clinical research -- Payments related to children's participation in clinical research -- Regulatory compliance, accreditation, and quality improvement -- Responsible research involving children.
- Ethical dilemmas in prenatal diagnosis 2011, Springer
- Ethical issues in cancer patient care. 2nd ed. 2008, Springer
- Ethical issues in prison psychiatry 2013, SpringerRecent surveys demonstrate a high and possibly increasing prevalence of mental disorders in prisoners. They have an increased risk of suffering from a mental disorder that transcends countries and diagnoses. Ethical dilemmas in prison psychiatry arise from resource allocation and include issues of patient choice and autonomy in an inherently coercive environment. Ethical conflicts may arise from the dual role of forensic psychiatrists giving raise to tensions between patient care/protection of the public. This book describes models and ethical issues of psychiatric healthcare in prison in several countries. Relevant issues are: the professional medical role of a psychiatrist and/or psychotherapist working in prison, the involvement of psychiatrists in disciplinary or coercive measures; consent to treatment, the use of coercion in forcing a prisoner to undergo treatment, hunger strike, confidentiality. The book ends with consensus guidelines concerning good practice in Prison Psychiatry.
- Print MaterialHistorical foundations / Steven S. Coughlin -- Moral foundations / Tom L. Beauchamp -- Toward a philosophy of epidemiology / Douglas L. Weed -- Epidemiology and informed consent / Jeffrey P. Kahn and Anna C. Mastroianni -- Privacy and confidentiality in epidemiology : special challenges of using information obtained without informed consent / Ellen Wright Clayton -- Ethical issues in the design and conduct of community-based intervention studies / Karen Glanz, Michelle C. Kegler, and Barbara K. Rimer -- Ethical issues in the interaction with research subjects and the disclosure of results / Andrea Smith and Paul A. Schulte --Ethical issues in public health practice / Robert E. McKeown and R. Max Learner -- Ethical issues in genetic epidemiology / Laura M. Beskow and Wylie Burke -- Ethics and epidemiology in the age of AIDS / Carol Levine -- Ethical issues in international health research and epidemiology / John D.H. Porter, Carolyn Stephens, and Anthony Kessel -- The institutional review board / Robert J. Levine -- Good conduct in integrity in epidemiologic research / Colin L. Soskolne ... [et al.] -- Ethics curricula in epidemiology / Kenneth W. Goodman and Ronald J. Prineas.
- Ethics and intersex 2006, Springer"This collection of 21 articles is designed to serve as a state-of-the art reference book for intersexuals, their parents, health care professionals, ethics committee members and anyone interested in problems associated with intersexuality. It fills an important need because of its uniqueness as an interdisciplinary effort, bringing together not just urologists and endocrinologists, but gynecologists, psychiatrists, psychologists lawyers, theologians, gender theorists, medical historians, and philosophers."--Jacket.
- Ethics expertise 2005, SpringerIntroduction: in search of ethics expertise -- Socrates and moral expertise -- Aristotle's moral expert: the phronimos -- Hume on true and false philosophy -- Moral expertise: a millian perspective -- The ineffable and the incalculable: G. E. Moore on ethical expertise -- Expert moral choice in medicine: a study of uncertainty and locality -- Societal consensus and the problem of consent: refocusing the problem of ethics expertise in liberal democracies -- Ethical expertise, maternal thinking, and the work of clinical ethicists -- The roles of scientific and normative expertise in public policy formation: the anthrax vaccine case -- Philosophers return to the agora -- Ethical expertise in the clinical setting -- Bioethical expertise in health care organizations -- The expert ethics witness as teacher.
- Ethics for bioengineers 2011, AtyponIncreasingly, biomedical scientists and engineers are involved in projects, design, or research and development that involve humans or animals. The book presents general concepts on professionalism and the regulation of the profession of engineering, including a discussion on what is ethics and moral conduct, ethical theories and the codes of ethics that are most relevant for engineers. An ethical decision-making process is suggested. Other issues such as conflicts of interest, plagiarism, intellectual property, confidentiality, privacy, fraud, and corruption are presented. General guidelines, the process for obtaining ethics approval from ethics Review Boards,and the importance of obtaining informed consent from volunteers recruited for studies are presented. A discussion on research with animals is included. Ethical dilemmas focus on reproductive technologies, stem cells, cloning, genetic testing, and designer babies. The book includes a discussion on ethics and the technologies of body enhancement and of regeneration. The importance of assessing the impact of technology on people, society, and on our planet is stressed. Particular attention is given to nanotechnologies, the environment, and issues that pertain to developing countries. Ideas on gender, culture, and ethics focus on how research and access to medical services have, at times, been discriminatory towards women. The cultural aspects focus on organ transplantation in Japan, and a case study of an Aboriginal child in Canada; both examples show the impact that culture can have on how care is provided or accepted. The final section of the book discusses data collection and analysis and offers a guideline for honest reporting of results, avoiding fraud, or unethical approaches. The appendix presents a few case studies where fraud and/or unethical research have occurred.
- Print Material
- Ethics in forensic science 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Print MaterialConsidering moral philosophies and principles -- Resolving ethical issues -- Developing organizational values, vision, and mission -- Codes of ethics in health services -- Organizational responses to ethical problems -- Conflicts of interest and fiduciary duty -- Ethical issues regarding organization and staff --Ethical issues regarding patients and community -- Consent -- Dying and death -- Patient autonomy: the paradigm of physician-assisited suicide -- Ethics in marketing and managed care -- Ethics in resource allocation -- Social responsibility.
- Ethics in psychiatry 2010, Springerpt. 1. The context -- pt. 2. Principles of ethics in psychiatry -- pt. 3. The applications of the ethical principles in psychiatric practice and research -- pt. 4. Non-medical uses of psychiatry -- pt. 5. Teaching ethics in psychiatry -- pt. 6. Conclusions and summary.
- Print MaterialForeword:Shopping at the genetic supermarket /Peter Singer --Is inheritable genetic modification the new dividing line? /John E.J. Rasko ... [et al.] --The science of inheritable genetic modification /John E.J. Rasko, Douglas J. Jolly --Nuclear cloning, embryonic stem cells, and gene transfer /Rudolf Jaenisch --Controlling bodies and creating monsters: popular perceptions of genetic modifications /Christoph Rehmann-Sutter --Inheritable genetic modification as moral responsibility in a creative universe /Denis Kenny --Ethics and welfare issues in animal genetic modification /Gabrielle M. O'Sullivan --Radical rupture: exploring biologic sequelae of volitional inheritable genetic modification /Francoise Baylis, Jason Scott Robert --"Alter-ing" the human species? Misplaced essentialism in science policy /Eric T. Juengst --Traditional and feminist bioethical perspectives on gene transfer: is inheritable genetic modification really the problem? /Rosemarie Tong --Inheritable genetic modification and disability: normality and identity /Jackie Leach Scully --Regulating genetic modification: clinical applications and genetic counseling considerations /Joan A. Scott --Can bioethics speak to politics about the prospect of inheritable genetic modification? If so, what might it say? /Roberta M. Berry --Glossary of scientific terms /John E.J. Rasko ... [et al.].
- Print MaterialHuman value development -- Decision making in value issues -- Basic principles of health care ethics -- The nature of rights in ethical discourse -- Confidentiality and the management of health care information -- Professional gatekeeping as a function of role fidelity -- Autonomy vs. paternalism: a contest between values -- Justice and the allocation of scarce resources -- Withholding and withdrawing life support -- Euthanasia: practice and principles -- Reproductive issues -- AIDS and health care practice -- Ethical issues and genetic manipulation -- Culturally appropriate health care -- Appendix: codes of professional ethics, selected health professions.
- Ethics of research biobanking 2009, SpringerPt. 1. Research biobanking : the traditional approach -- Consent to biobank research : one size fits all? / Bjørn Hofmann, Jan Helge Solbakk, Søren Holm -- What no one knows cannot hurt you : the limits of informed consent in the emerging world of biobanking / Arthur L. Caplan -- Users and uses of the biopolitics of consent : a study of DNA banks / Pascal Ducournau and Anne Cambon-Thomsen -- Information rights on the edge of ignorance / Anne Maria Skrikerud -- The dubious uniqueness of genetic information / Anne Maria Skrikerud -- Duties and rights of biobank participants : principled autonomy, consent, voluntariness and privacy / Lars Øystein Ursin -- Biobanking and disclosure of research results : addressing the tension between professional boundaries and moral intuition / Lynn G. Dressler -- Biobanks and our common good / Erik Christensen -- Trust, distrust and co-production : the relationship between research biobanks and donors / Pascal Ducournau and Roger Strand -- Scientific citizenship, benefit, and protection in population-based research / Vilhj́almur Árnason -- Pt. 2. Research Biobanking : towards a new conceptual approach -- Mapping the language of research biobanking : an analogical approach / Bjørn Hofmann, Jan Helge Solbakk, Søren Holm -- The use of analogical reasoning in umbilical cord blood biobanking / Bjørn Hofmann, Jan Helge Solbakk, Søren Holm -- The Alexandria plan : creating libraries for human tissue research and therapeutic use / Laurie Zoloth -- The art of biocollections / Anne Hambro Alnæs -- The health dugnard : biobank participation as the solidary pursuit of the common good / Lars Øystein Ursin and Berge Solberg -- Embodied gifting : reflections on the role of information in biobank recruitment / Klaus Hoeyer -- Conscription to biobank research? / Bjørn Hofmann, Jan Helge Solbakk, Søren Holm -- Ownership rights in research biobanks : do we need a new king of 'biological property'? / Paula Lobato de Faria -- Legal challenges and strategies in the regulation of research biobanking / Elisabeth Rynning -- Annexation of life : the biopolitics of industrial biology / Jan Reinert Karlsen and Roger Strand -- In the ruins of Babel : should biobank regulations be harmonized / Jan Reinert Karlsen, Jan Helge Solbak, and Roger Strand.
- Ethics of screening in health care and medicine 2012, Springer"Medical or health-oriented screening programs are amongst the most debated aspects of health care and public health practices in health care and public health ethics, as well as health policy discussions. In spite of this, most treatments of screening in the research literature restrict themselves to isolated scientific aspects, sometimes complemented by economic analyses or loose speculations regarding policy aspects. At the same time, recent advances in medical genetics and technology, as well as a rapidly growing societal focus on public health concerns, inspires an increase in suggested or recently started screening programs. This book involves an in-depth analysis of the ethical, political and philosophical issues related to health-oriented screening programs. It explores the considerations that arise when heath care interacts with other societal institutions on a large scale, as is the case with screening: What values may be promoted or compromised by screening programs? What conflicts of values do typically arise - both internally and in relation to the goals of health care, on the one hand, and the goals of public health and the general society, on the other? What aspects of screening are relevant for determining whether it should be undertaken or not and how it should be organised in order to remain defensible? What implications does the ethics of screening have for health care ethics as a whole? These questions are addressed by applying philosophical methods of conceptual analysis, as well as models and theories from moral and political philosophy, medical ethics, and public health ethics, to a large number of ongoing and proposed screening programs which makes this book the first comprehensive work on the ethics of screening. Analyses and suggestions are made that are of potential interest to health care staff, medical researchers, policy makers and the general public"--Provided by publisher.
- Ethics. 3rd ed. 2009Print MaterialGrowing pains -- Ethics is the key -- Problems of practice -- The search for morality -- Persons and potentials -- Theories of ethics -- Obstacles to clear moral reasoning -- The rings of uncertainty -- The background to the ethical grid -- The use of the ethical grid -- The values exchange.
- Ethnic differences in fertility and assisted reproduction 2013, SpringerIntroduction: the scope of the topic -- Racial and ethnic groups of interest in fertility research -- The impact of sociocultural and economic factors -- Fertility differences among ethnic groups -- Disparities between black and white women in assisted reproductive technology -- Assisted reproductive outcomes in hispanic patients -- Reproductive and assisted reproductive technology (ART) outcomes in East Asian women -- Differences in fertility and assisted reproduction in South Asian women -- Ethnicity and IVF -- Ethnic disparity in oocyte donation outcome -- Frozen embryo transfer outcomes among racial and ethnic groups -- Understanding racial disparity in adverse pregnancy outcome -- Racial diversity and uterine leiomyoma -- The effect of obesity on fertility and ART success among ethnic groups -- Polycystic ovary syndrome across racial and ethnic groups -- Ethnicity and ovariean response: the role of FSH receptor genotype -- Ethnic differences in fertility and assisted reproduction: ethnic disparity in stem cell availability and research -- How can we bridge the gap? Role of insurance mandate -- Toward a better understanding of racial disparities in utilization and outcomes of IVF treatment in the USA.
- Ethnocultural perspectives on disaster and trauma 2008, SpringerEssential concepts and foundations / Anthony J. Marsella ... [et al.] -- Promoting disaster recovery in ethnic-minority individuals and communities / Fran H. Norris and Margarita Alegría -- Meeting the physical, psychological, and social needs of African Americans following a disaster / Steven B. Carswell and Melisssa A. Carswell -- Essential information for disaster management and trauma specialists working with American Indians / Jeannette L. Johnson ... [et al.] -- Arab Americans : understanding their challenges, needs, and struggles / Naji Abi-Hashem -- Asian Indians : cultural considerations for disaster workers / B.J. Prashantham -- Caribbean blacks : (Haitians, Jamaicans, Virgin Islanders, Eastern Caribbean) responses to disasters in cultural context / G. Rita Dudley-Grant and Wayne Etheridge -- Chinese Americans : guidelines for disaster mental health workers / Frederick T.L. Leong and Szu-Hui Lee -- The Kanaka Maoli : native Hawaiians and their testimony of trauma and resilience / Laurie D. McCubbin, Michele E. Ishikawa, and Hamilton I. McCubbin -- Mexicans, Mexican Americans, Caribbean, and other Latin Americans / Patricia Arredondo, Veronica Bordes, and Freddy A. Paniagua -- Working with Vietnamese Americans in disasters / Aaron S. Kaplan and Uyen Kim Huynh -- Culture, trauma, and the treatment of post-traumatic syndromes : a global perspective / John P. Wilson -- A brief list of disaster-related vocabulary terms -- Summary and overview of disasters in developing countries / Fran H. Norris -- Disaster rescure and response workers / Bruce H. Young, Julian D. Ford, and Patricia Watson.
- Ethnomedicine and drug discovery 2002, ScienceDirectTherapeutic agents from ethnomedicine / Maurice M Iwu -- Drugs from nature : past achievements, future prospects / Gordon M Cragg and David J Newman -- Natural products for high-throughput screening / Alan L Harvey -- Medical ethnobotanical research as a method to identify bioactive plants to treat infectious diseases / Thomas JS Carlson -- Development of HerbMed : an interactive, evidence-based herbal database / Jacqueline C Wootton -- Natural products : a continuing source of inspiration for the medicinal chemist / S Mbua Ngale Efange -- Integrating African ethnomedicine into primary healthcare : a framework for south-eastern Nigeria / Chioma Obijiofor -- Current initiatives in the protection of indigenous and local community knowledge : problems, concepts and lessons for the future / Robert Lettington -- Bioprospecting : using Africa's genetic resources as a new basis for economic development and regional cooperation / Anthony Onugu -- Balancing conservation with utilization : restoring populations of commercially valuable medicinal herbs in forests and agroforests / Richard A Cech -- Ethnomedicine of the Cherokee : historical and current applications / Jody E Noé --Traditional medicines and the new paradigm of psychotropic drug action / Elaine Elisabetsky -- Drug discovery through ethnobotany in Nigeria : some results / Joseph I Okogun --Plants, products and people : southern African perspectives / Nigel Gericke -- Development of antimalarial agents and drugs for parasitic infections based on leads from traditional medicine : the Walter Reed experience / Brian G Schuster -- Health foods in anti-aging therapy : reducers of physiological decline and degenerative diseases / Lisa Meserole -- Indigenous peoples and local communities embodying traditional lifestyles : definitions under Article 8 (j) of the Convention on Biological Diversity / Katy Moran -- Garcinia kola : a new look at an old adaptogenic agent / Maurice M Iwu, Angela Duncan Diop, Lisa Meserole and Chris O Okunji -- Linking intellectual property rights with traditional medicine / Michael A Gollin -- The use of conservation trust funds for sharing financial benefits in bioprospecting projects / Marianne Guerin-McManus, Kent C Nnadozie and Sarah A Laird -- The regulation of botanicals as drugs and dietary supplements in Europe / Joerg Gruenwald -- Regulation of herbal medicines in Nigeria : the role of the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) / Gabriel E Osuide -- Considerations in the development of public standards for botanicals and their dosage forms / V Srini Srinivasan -- The Belize Ethnobotany Project : safeguarding medicinal plants and traditional knowledge in Belize / Michael J Balick, Rosita Arvigo, Gregory Shropshire, Jay Walker, David Campbell and Leopoldo Romero -- Ethnobotanical research into the 21st century / Susan Tarka Nelson-Harrison, Steven R King, Charles Limbach, Carey Jackson, Andrew Galiwango, Sirimani Kisingi Kato and BR Kanyerezi -- Ethnobotanical approach to pharmaceutical drug discovery : strengths and limitations / Maurice M Iwu.
- Ethnopharmacology of medicinal plants 2006, SpringerAnti-Inflammatory Plants -- Plants Affecting the Central Nervous System -- Plants for Chemotherapy of Neoplastic Diseases.
- Etiology and pathogenesis of periodontal disease 2010, SpringerEtiology of periodontal disease: dental plaque and calculus -- Periodontal microbiology -- Particular aspects of periodontal disease pathogenesis -- Interrelationships between periodontal disease and mortality, cardiovascular disease, metabolic syndrome, diabetes mellitus -- Interrelationships between periodontal disease and adverse pregnancy outcomes, respiratory disease, rheumatoid arthritis, renal disease, cancer, inflammatory bowel disease, Alzheimer disease; Assessing confounding and effect modification -- Genetic variability and periodontal disease -- Implication of systemic osteoporosis on oral health -- Psychological pathways in the pathogenesis of periodontal disease -- Periodontal-restorative interactions -- Endodontic and periodontal interrelationship -- Occlusal considerations in pathogenesis of periodontal disease -- Orthodontics and periodontics.
- EU food law 2001, CRCnetBASEpt. 1. Food safety -- pt. 2. Informing the consumer -- pt. 3. Case studies.
- Eucalyptus 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Eugenic nation 2005, ebraryIntroduction -- 1. Race betterment and tropical medicine in imperial San Francisco -- 2. Quarantine and eugenic gatekeeping on the U.S-Mexico border -- 3. Instituting eugenics in California -- 4. California's eugenic landscapes -- 5. Centering eugenics on the family -- 6. Contesting hereditarianism: reassessing the 1960s -- Epilogue.
- Eukaryotic membranes and cytoskeleton origins and evolution Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialThe early eukaryotic fossil record / Emmanuelle J. Javaux -- The diversity of eukaryotes and the root of the eukaryotic tree / Henner Brinkmann and Hervé Philippe -- Origin of eukaryotic endomembranes: a critical evaluation of different model scenarios / Gáspár Jékely -- Origins and evolution of cotranslational transport to the ER / Thomas U. Schwartz -- Evolution of the endoplasmic reticulum and the Golgi complex / Alexander A. Mironov ... [et al.] -- An evolutionary perspective on eukaryotic membrane trafficking / Cemal Gurkan, Atanas V. Koulov, and William E. Balch -- Reconstructing the evolution of the endocytic system: insights from genomics and molecular cell biology / Mark C. Field, Carme Gabernet-Castello, and Joel B. Dacks -- Origins and evolution of the actin cytoskeleton / Francisco Rivero and Fatima Cvrčková -- Origin and evolution of self-consumption: autophagy / Timothy Hughes and Tor Erik Rusten -- Origin and evolution of the centrosome / Michel Bornens and Juliette Azimzadeh -- The evolution of eukaryotic cilia and flagella as motile and sensory organelles / David R. Mitchell.
- Eukaryotic replisome 2012, SpringerComposition and Dynamics of the Eukaryotic Replisome: A Brief Overview /Stuart MacNeill --Evolutionary Diversification of Eukaryotic DNA Replication Machinery /Stephen J. Aves, Yuan Liu and Thomas A. Richards --The Origin Recognition Complex: A Biochemical and Structural View /Huilin Li and Bruce Stillman --Archaeal Orc1/Cdc6 Proteins /Stephen D. Bell --Cdt1 and Geminin in DNA Replication Initiation /Christophe Caillat and Anastassis Perrakis --MCM Structure and Mechanics: What We Have Learned from Archaeal MCM /Ian M. Slaymaker and Xiaojiang S. Chen --The Eukaryotic Mcm2-7 Replicative Helicase /Sriram Vijayraghavan and Anthony Schwacha --The GINS Complex: Structure and Function /Katsuhiko Kamada --The Pol [alpha]-Primase Complex /Luca Pellegrini --The Structure and Function of Replication Protein A in DNA Replication /Aishwarya Prakash and Gloria E. O. Borgstahl --Structural Biology of Replication Initiation Factor Mcm10 /Wenyue Du, Melissa E. Stauffer and Brandt F. Eichman --Structure and Function of Eukaryotic DNA Polymerase [delta] /Tahir H. Tahirov --DNA Polymerase [epsilon] /Matthew Hogg and Erik Johansson --The RFC Clamp Loader: Structure and Function /Nina Y. Yao and Mike O'Donnell --PCNA Structure and Function: Insights from Structures of PCNA Complexes and Post-translationally Modified PCNA /Lynne M. Dieckman, Bret D. Freudenthal and M. Todd Washington --The Wonders of Flap Endonucleases: Structure, Function, Mechanism and Regulation /L. David Finger, John M. Atack, Susan Tsutakawa, Scott Classen and John Tainer, et al. --DNA Ligase I, the Replicative DNA Ligase /Timothy R. L. Howes and Alan E. Tomkinson.
- Eukaryotic transcription factors. 4th ed. 2004, ScienceDirect
- Print Material
- Eurekah Bioscience collection NCBI Bookshelf
- EUROHIP 2009, Springer
- Europe's physician 2006Print MaterialMayerne and his world -- Early years 1573-1598 -- Paris 1598-1601 -- The grand tour 1599-1601 -- The chemical challenge 1601-1605 -- The German dimension 1605-1606 -- Interlude in England 1606 -- Protestants and Catholics 1600-1610 -- The move to England 1610-1611 -- First years in England 1611-1613 -- Sir Thomas Overbury 1612-1615 -- Secret agent to King James 1614-1615 -- Medical reformer 1615-1616 -- The Protestant revolution 1616-1622 -- Baron d'Aubonne 1620-1621 -- Protector of Switzerland 1622 -- The last years of King James 1623-1625 -- Charles I and the Protestant débâcle 1625-1630 -- A new regime 1630-1631 -- Planting a dynasty 1630-1639 -- Enterpreneur and virtuouso -- The physician and his late years 1640-1655.
- European Atrial Fibrillation Consensus Conference 2003, HighWire
- European instructional lectures 2009, Springer
- European instructional lectures. Volume 11, 2011, 12th EFORT Congress, Copenhagen, Denmark 2011, SpringerBone Substitutes in Clinical Work / Jari Salo -- Epidemiology and Variability of Orthopaedic Procedures Worldwide / Maria de Fatima de Pina, Ana Isabel Ribeiro, and Carlos Santos -- Cartilage-Forming Bone Tumours / Antonie H.M. Taminiau, Judith V.M.G. Bovée, Carla S.P. van Rijswijk, Hans A.J. Gelderblom, and Michiel A.J. van de Sande -- The Current State of Treatment for Clubfoot in Europe / Rüdiger Krauspe, Kristina Weimann-Stahlschmidt, and B. Westhoff -- Management of Pelvic Fractures / Peter V. Giannoudis and Frangiskos Xypnitos -- The Reverse Shoulder Prosthesis / Carlos Torrens -- Spine Injury: Polytrauma Management / Benny Dahl -- Surgical Management of Tuberculosis of the Spine / Ahmet Alanay and Deniz Olgun -- Scaphoid Fractures / Joseph J. Dias -- Bearing Surfaces / Theofilos Karachalios and George Karydakis -- Hip Pain in the Young Adult / Moritz Tannast, Christoph E. Albers, Simon D. Steppacher, and Klaus A. Siebenrock -- Bone Loss Around the Acetabular Component / Jonathan Howell and Ben Bolland -- The Uni-Knee: Indications, and Recent Techniques / Sébastien Lustig, Gérard Deschamps, M. Alsaati, C. Fary, and Phillippe Neyret -- Osteotomies Around the Knee / Siegfried Hofmann, Philipp Lobenhoffer, Alex Staubli, and Ronald Van Heerwaarden -- Total Knee Replacement for the Stiff Knee / Philippe Massin -- Surgical Treatment of Displaced Calcaneal Fractures / Zvi Cohen, Gershon Volpin, and Haim Shtarker Forefoot Deformities / Wolfgang Schneider.
- European instructional lectures. Volume 12, 2012, 13th EFORT Congress, Berlin, Germany 2012, SpringerPart 1.Musculo-skeletal Trauma --The Spectrum of Polytrauma. A Pragmatic Approach for the Musculo-Skeletal Surgeon /Pierre Hoffmeyer and Robin Peter --Proximal Femoral Fractures /Christopher G. Moran and M. Gaden --Acute Infections After Osteosynthesis /Volkmar Heppert --Part 2.Musculo-skeletal Tumours --The Multi-modal Approach to Metastatic Disease /Minna Laitinen, Maire Ratasvuori and Toni-Karri Pakarinen --How to Manage Osteolytic Lesions /Jendrik Hardes --Part 3.Paediatrics --Developmental Hip Dysplasia - A Problem Solved? /Michael K. D. Benson --Part 4.Spine --Infections of the Spine /José Guimarães Consciência, Rui Pinto and T. Saldanha --Multimodal Treatment of Back Pain /Hans Raimund Casser --Part 5.Upper Limb --Proximal Humeral Fractures /Martin Jaeger and N. P. Südkamp --Part 6.Pelvis and Hip --Navigation and Hip Surgery /Philippe Merloz --Re-cementing in Revision Total Hip Replacement /Sarah L. Whitehouse, Matt Wilson, Jonathan R. Howell, Matthew J. W. Hubble and A. John Timperley --Instability Following Total Hip Arthroplasty /Klaus-Peter Günther, Stephan Kirschner, Maik Stiehler and Albrecht Hartmann --New Trends in Osteonecrosis of the Femoral Head /Konstantinos N. Malizos and Loukia K. Papatheodorou --Part 7.Knee --Patellar Fractures /Jean-Christophe Bel --Arthroscopic Treatment of Intra-Articular Fractures of the Knee /Reha N. Tandogan --Treatment of Osteonecrosis of the Knee /Tahsin Beyzadeoglu and Ayberk Onal --Part 8.Trauma Lower Limb --Ankle Fractures /Stefan Rammelt and Hans Zwipp --Part 9.Foot and Ankle --Treatment of Metatarsalgia /Jean-Luc Besse --Management of Ankle Osteoarthritis /Matthias G. Walcher, Monika Horisberger, Antony Liddell and Victor Valderrabano.
- European instructional lectures. Volume 13, 2013, 14th EFORT Congress, Istanbul, Turkey 2013, SpringerThis thirteenth volume in the EUROPEAN INSTRUCTIONAL LECTURES series continues the format of educational chapters from across Orthopaedics and Traumatology contributed by distinguished Orthopaedic Educators in Europe. It provides current material and major advances covering a range of topics including: General Orthopaedics, Basic Science and Technology, Musculo-skeletal Tumours, Infections, Paediatric Orthopaedics, Trauma, Spine, Upper Limb, Hip, Knee, Leg, Ankle and Foot. All the lectures were presented at the 14th EFORT Congress in Istanbul, Turkey.
- European nutrition and health report 2004 2005, KargerExecutive summary -- Outlook -- Trends of average food supply in the European Union -- Food availability at the household level in the European Union -- Energy and nutrient intake in the European Union -- Health indicators and status in the European Union -- General discussion.
- European nutrition and health report 2009 2009, KargerExecutive summary -- Outlook -- Project background and methodological aspects -- Trends of average food supply in the European Union -- Food availability at the household level in the European Union -- Food consumption in adults on the basis of dietary surveys in European countries -- Energy and nutrient intake in the European Union -- Health and lifestyle indicators in the European Union -- Food and nutrition policies in European countries -- General discussion -- National reports.
- EuroQol Group after 25 years 2013, Springer
- Print MaterialOverview: Emotional public responses to widely publicized right-to-die and euthanasia cases, such as those revolving around Dr. Jack Kevorkian and Terri Schiavo, highlight their volatile mix of medical, ethical, religious, legal, and public policy issues. The Euthanasia/Assisted-Suicide Debate explores how this debate has evolved over the past 100 years as judicial approaches, legislative responses, and prosecutorial practices have shifted as a result of changes in medical technology and consumer sophistication. Emphasizing the period from the 1950s forward, the book offers an unbiased examination of the origins of the modern medical euthanasia and assisted-suicide debates, the involvement of physicians, the history and significance of medical technology and practice, and the role of patients and their families in the ongoing controversy. This illuminating exploration of concepts, issues, and players will help readers understand both sides of the debate as viewed by participants.
- Evaluating and standardizing therapeutic agents, 1890-1950 SUL Catalog (Searchworks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Print Material"This book provides an examination of the regulations that have been successively put into place since the Second World War to standardize the quality and criteria of pharmaceutical products, vaccines and medicines"--Provided by publisher.
- Evaluating and treating adolescent suicide attempters 2003, ScienceDirect
- Evaluating ASSIST 2006, NCI
- Evaluating clinical research. 2nd ed. 2007, Springer
- Evaluating competencies. 2nd ed. 2003, Springer
- Evaluating mental health disability in the workplace 2009, Springer
- Evaluating the impact of leadership development 2008, ebraryThis step-by-step guidebook is designed to help readers understand the importance of evaluation of leadership development initiatives.
- Evaluating the measurement uncertainty 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Overview: theoretical perspectives and methodologies for the evaluation of healthcare information systems -- Qualitative research methods for evaluating computer information systems -- Multiple perspectives: evaluating healthcare information systems in collaborative environments -- Survey methods for assessing social impacts of computers in healthcare organizations -- Using the Internet for surveys and research -- Cognitive approaches to the evaluation of healthcare information systems -- Work-sampling: a statistical approach to evaluation of the effect of computers on work patterns in health care -- Evaluation of health informatics: social network analysis -- Evaluation in health informatics: computer simulation -- Computers in the consulting room: a case study of clinician and patient perspectives -- Introducing physician order entry at a major academic medical center, A: Impact on organizational culture and behavior, B: Impact on medical education -- Evaluating the capability of information technology to prevent adverse drug events: a computer simulation approach -- Implementing computers in ambulatory care: implications of physician practice patterns for system design -- Nursing documentation time during implementation of an electronic medical record -- Computer charting: an evaluation of a respiratory care computer system -- Research and evaluation: future directions.
- Evaluation and management of blepharoptosis 2011, Springer
- Print Material
- Evaluation methods in biomedical informatics. 2nd ed. 2006, SpringerChallenges of Evaluation in Biomedical Informatics, p. 1-20 -- Evaluation as a Field, p. 21-47 -- Determining What to Study, p. 48-84 -- The Structure of Objectivist Studies, p. 85-112 -- Measurement Fundamentals, p. 113-144 -- Developing and Improving Measurement Methods, p. 145-187 -- The Design of Demonstration Studies, p. 188-223 -- Analyzing the Results of Demonstration Studies, p. 224-247 -- Subjectivist Approaches to Evaluation, p. 248-266 -- Performing Subjectivist Studies in the Qualitative Traditions Responsive to Users / Joan Ash, Allen Smith and P. Starvi, p. 267-300 -- Economic Aspects of Evaluation / Mark Roberts, p. 301-337 -- Proposing and Communicating the Results of Evaluation Studies: Ethical, Legal, and Regulatory Issues, p. 338-361.
- Evaluation of human work. 3rd ed. 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Event-related dynamics of brain oscillations. 1st ed. 2006, ScienceDirect
- Evidence and perspectives on n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids in cardiovascular disease 2001, HighWire
- Evidence and rational based research on Chinese drugs 2013, Springer
- Evidence based pathology and laboratory medicine 2011, SpringerIntroduction to Evidence-Based Pathology and Laboratory Medicine -- Evidence-Based Pathology: A Stable Set of Principles for a Rapidly Evolving Specialty -- What Is Best Evidence in Pathology? -- Biostatistics 101 -- Prognostication and Prediction in Anatomic Pathology: Carcinoma of the Breast as an Illustrative Model -- Principles of Classification and Diagnosis in Anatomic Pathology and the Inevitability of Problem Cases -- Evaluating Oncopathological Studies: The Need to Evaluate the Internal and External Validity of Study Results -- Power Analysis and Sample Sizes in Pathology Research -- Meta-Analysis: A Statistical Method to Integrate Information Provided by Different Studies -- Decision Analysis and Decision Support Systems in Anatomic Pathology -- Evidence-Based Approach to Evaluate Information Published in the Pathology Literature and Integrate It with Personal Experience -- Evidence-Based Cell Pathology Revisited: A Personal View -- Development of Evidence-Based Diagnostic Criteria and Prognostic/Predictive Models: Experience at Cedars Sinai Medical Cen -- Evaluation and Reduction of Diagnostic Errors in Pathology Using an Evidence-Based Approach -- Meta-Analysis 101 for Pathologists -- Evidence-Based Practices in Applied Immunohistochemistry: Dilemmas Caused by Cross-Purposes -- Evidence-Based Pathology and Laboratory Medicine in the Molecular Pathology Era: Transition of Tests from the Research Bench into Practice -- The Use of Decision Analysis Tools for the Selection of Clinical Laboratory Tests: Developing Diagnostic and Forecasting Models Using Laboratory Evidence -- Implementation and Benefits of Computerized Physician Order Entry and Evidence-Based Clinical Decision Support Systems -- Evidence-Based Pathology and Tort Law: How Do They Compare?
- Evidence for the elimination of rubella and congenital rubella syndrome in the United States Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Evidence for urology 2005Print Material
- Evidence synthesis in healthcare 2011, Springer
- Evidence-based anticancer materia medica 2011, Springer
- Evidence-based educational methods 2004, ScienceDirect1. Introduction to evidence-based educational methods. The need for evidence-based educational methods / Daniel J. Moran ; Reviewing the outcomes and principles of effective instruction / Laura D. Fredrick and John H. Hummel ; A real science and technology of education / R. Douglas Greer and Dolleen-Day Keohane -- 2. Precision teaching. Precision teaching : foundations and classroom applications / Charles Merbitz ... [et al.] ; Precision teaching : applications in education and beyond / Charles Merbitz ... [et al.] -- 3. Direct instruction. Direct instruction : the big ideas / Timothy A. Slocum ; Teacher-made scripted lessons / John H. Hummel, Martha L. Venn, and Philip L. Gunter ; The competent learner model : a merging of applied behavior analysis, direct instruction, and precision teaching / Vicci Tucci, Daniel E. Hursh, and Richard E. Laitinen -- 4. Computers and teaching machines. Effective use of computers in instruction / Marcie N. Desrochers and G. David Gentry ; Adaptive computerized educational systems : a case study / Roger D. Ray ; Selected for success : how Headsprout Reading Basics teaches beginning reading / T.V. Joe Layng, Janet S. Twyman, and Greg Stikeleather -- 5. Personalized System of Instruction. The Personalized System of Instruction : a flexible and effective approach to mastery learning / Eric J. Fox ; Making the most of PSI with computer technology / Joseph J. Pear, Toby L. Martin -- 6. Significant developments in evidence-based education. The Morningside Model of Generative Instruction : an integration of research-based practices / Kent Johnson and Elizabeth M. Street ; Learning efficiency goes to college / Guy S. Bruce ; Teaching the generic skills of language and cognition : contributions from Relational Frame Theory / Yvonne Barnes-Holmes, Dermot Barnes-Holmes, and Carol Murphy ; Key instructional components of effective peer tutoring for tutors, tutees, and peer observers / R. Douglas Greer ... [et al.] ; Training professionals using sequential behavior analysis / Tom Sharpe, Daniel Balderson, and Hosung So ; Grammar and writing skills : applying behavioral analysis / Marilyn B. Gilbert.
- Evidence-based endocrinology 2006, SpringerThe new endocrinologist: evidence-based medicine meets endocrine practice / Victor M. Montori -- A short history of evidence-based medicine / Jeanne Daly -- The philosophy of evidence-based medicine, 15 years later / Gordon H. Guyatt and Jason W. Busse -- Preparing future generations of evidence-based endocrinologists / Michael L. Green -- Finding current best evidence in clinical endocrinology / R. Brian Haynes and Cynthia J. Walker-Dilks -- Integrating evidence into clinical diagnosis / W. Scott Richardson -- Supporting evidence-based endocrine practice / Steven A. Smith and Geoffrey Gates -- Helping patients make decisions at the point of care / Annette M. O'Connor, Dawn Stacey, and France Légaré -- Incorporating evidence into health policy decisions / Eduardo Ortiz and Janelle Guirguis-Blake -- The value of observational studies in endocrinology / L. Joseph Melton III -- The value of clinical investigations in endocrinology / William L. Isley -- Systematic reviews and the Cochrane collaboration in endocrinology / Bernd Richter --Health-related quality of life of in endocrinology / Holger J. Schnemann and Elie A. Akl -- Using decision analyses in endocrinology / David Aron and Evelyn Mentari -- Clouded thinking: the misguided use of cost-effectiveness analysis and the implications for endocrine interventions / Amiram Gafni -- The value of translational research in diabetes: asking broader questions / Russell E. Glasgow, Elizabeth Bayliss, and Paul A. Estabrooks -- The patient with type 1 diabetes and hypoglycemia / Yogish C. Kudva, Teck-Kim Khoo and Peter J. Tebben -- The patient with medically complicated obesity / Kurt A. Kennel -- The patient at risk of type 2 diabetes: considering prevention / Sarah E. Capes -- The patient with type 2 diabetes and incomplete metabolic control / Sean F. Dinneen and Robert K. Semple -- The patient with diabetes using alternative medicine / Edward J. Mills and Dugald Seely -- The patient with osteoporosis / Clifford J. Rosen and Sue A. Brown -- The neuroendocrinology of medically unexplained syndromes: the example of chronic fatigue syndrome / Jason W. Busse.
- Evidence-based endocrinology. 2nd ed. 2007, OvidHypothalamic-pituitary disorders -- Thyroid disorders -- Adrenal disorders -- Metabolic bone disorders -- Reproductive disorders -- Diabetes mellitus -- Lipid disorders -- Obesity and nutrition -- Multiple endocrine neoplasia -- Carcinoid tumors -- Paraneoplastic endocrine syndromes -- Genetics.
- Evidence-based eye care 2007, OvidClinical epidemiology / Hussein Hollands and Sanjay Sharma -- Health economics / Hussein Hollands and Sanjay Sharma -- Anterior segment / Ayad A. Farjo and Qais A. Farjo -- Refractive surgery / Louis E. Probst -- Clinical trials in glaucoma / Paul E. Rafuse -- Diabetic retinopathy / Dean Eliott -- Diabetic macular edema / Dean Eliott -- Proliferative diabetic retinopathy / Dean Eliott -- Clinical trials in age-related macular degeneration / Sophie J. Bakri and Peter K. Kaiser -- Treatment of central retinal vein occlusion: lessons from clinical trials / Henry Tseng and Sharon Fekrat -- Treatment of branch retinal vein occlusion: lessons from clinical trials / Henry Tseng and Sharon Fekrat -- Retinal detachment and proliferative vitreoretinopathy / Amani A. Fawzi, Jay M. Stewart, and Michael A. Samuel -- Evidence-based medicine and the treatment of endophthalmitis / Seenu M. Hariprasad and William F. Mieler -- Retinopathy of prematurity / Anna Ells -- Amblyopia / Jonathan M. Holmes, Michael X. Repka, and Raymond T. Kraker -- Uveal melanoma: approaches to management / Ernest Rand Simpson -- Optic neuritis / Jonathan D. Trobe -- Thyroid eye disease / Louise A. Mawn -- Traumatic optic neuropathy / Louise A. Mawn.
- Evidence-based geriatric medicine 2012, WileyThe latest addition to the Evidence-Based Book series, Evidence-Based Geriatric Medicine provides non-geriatrician clinicians an overview of key topics central to the care of the older patient. This guide focuses on the management of common problems in the elderly taking into account their life situations as well as treatment of specific conditions. Leading geriatricians with expertise in evidence-based medicine utilize the best available evidence and present this information in a concise, easy-to-use, question-based format. Evidence-Based Geriatric Medicine is a unique guide to the optimum management of older patients." Fifty-five full-color narrated video clips on the companion DVD show you clinicians and patients performing the techniques described in the text.
- Evidence-based imaging in pediatrics 2010, Springer
- Evidence-based imaging. Rev. ed. 2011, Springer
- Evidence-based management of low back pain 2012, ScienceDirect
- Evidence-based medical ethics 2008, Springer
- Print MaterialAn introduction to monitoring therapeutic interventions in clinical practice / Paul P. Glasziou, Jeffrey K. Aronson -- A framework for developing and evaluating a monitoring strategy / David Mant -- Developing monitoring tools: integrating the pathophysiology of disease and the mechanisms of action of therapeutic interventions / Jeffrey K. Aronson, Susan Michie -- Biomarkers and surrogate endpoints in monitoring therapeutic interventions / Jeffrey K. Aronson -- Choosing the best monitoring tests / Les Irwig, Paul P. Glasziou -- Monitoring the initial response to treatment / Katy Bell, Jonathan Craig, Les Irwig -- Control charts and control limits in long-term monitoring / Petra Macaskill -- Developing a monitoring schedule: frequency of measurement / Andrew J. Farmer -- How should we adjust treatment? / Paul P. Glasziou -- Monitoring as a learning and motivational tool / Susan Michie, Kirsten McCaffery, Carl Heneghan -- Monitoring from the patient's perspective: the social and psychological implications / Kirsten McCaffery, Susan Michie -- Evaluating the effectiveness and costs of monitoring / Patrick M.M. Bossuyt -- Good practice in delivering laboratory monitoring / W. Stuart A. Smellie -- Point-of-care testing in monitoring / Christopher P. Price --Monitoring for the adverse effects of drugs / Jamie J. Coleman, Robin E. Ferner, Jeffrey K. Aronson -- Monitoring diabetes mellitus across the lifetime of illness / Andrew J. Farmer -- Oral anticoagulation therapy (OAT) / Carl Heneghan, Rafael Perera -- Monitoring cholesterol-modifying interventions / Paul P. Glasziou, Les Irwig, Stephane Heritier -- Monitoring levothyroxine replacement in primary hypothyroidism / Andrea Rita Horvath -- Monitoring in renal transplantation / Nicholas B. Cross, Jonathan Craig -- Monitoring in pre-eclampsia / Pisake Lumbiganon, Malinee Laopaiboon -- Monitoring in intensive care / Jan M. Binnekade, Patrick M.M. Bossuyt -- Monitoring intraocular pressure in glaucoma / Les Irwig ... [et al.] -- Monitoring in osteoarthritis / George Peat ... [et al.].
- Print Material
- Print MaterialAsking answerable clinical questions -- Acquiring the evidence: how to find current best evidence and have current best evidence find us -- Appraising the evidence -- Therapy -- Diagnosis and screening -- Prognosis -- Harm -- Evaluation -- Teaching EBM.
- Evidence-based neuroimaging diagnosis and treatment 2013, Springer
- With the aging population ever growing, healthcare for persons suffering from stroke and related illnesses is increasingly important. Evidence-Based Nursing Care in Stroke and Neurovascular Conditions provides a comprehensive and practical guide for novice, experienced and advanced practice nurses working with patients suffering from stroke and other neurovascular conditions. With a focus specifically on neurovascular disorders, this highly detailed text offers easy-to-find information on evidence-based care guidelines.
- Evidence-based otolaryngology 2008, Springer
- Evidence-based pediatric oncology. 3rd ed. 2013, WileyThis book is updated with evidence from the latest published reviews and is more clinically focused, with an emphasis on application of the trial findings. With increased coverage of trials in the area of supportive care for pediatric cancer patients, each chapter opens with a clinical question and concludes with a summary on the trial findings from an expert commentator.
- Print Material
- Evidence-based physical diagnosis. 3rd ed. 2012, ScienceDirect
- Evidence-based practice 2010, Springer
- pt. I. Evidence-Based and Comparative Effectiveness Analysis -- 1. Fundamentals: Evidence-Based Practice in Complementary and Alternative Medicine: Perspectives, Protocols, Problems, and Potentials / Francesco Chiappelli -- pt. II. Evidence-Based Medicine and Ayurveda -- 2. Transforming Ayurveda: Stepping into the Realm of Evidence-Based Practice / Ram Harsh Singh -- 3. Diet and Nutrition Concepts in Ayurveda: Gleaming into Opportunities for Evidence-Based Applications in Health Care / Rajiv Rastogi -- 4. Clinical Evidence in the Tradition of Ayurveda / P. Ram Manohar -- 5. Evidence-Based Traditional Persian Medicine / Francesco Chiappelli -- pt. III. Substantiating Ayurvedic Theory and Practice Toward Evidence-Base -- 6. Prakriti Analysis in Ayurveda: Envisaging the Need of Better Diagnostic Tools / Sanjeev Rastogi -- 7. Panchakarma: Ayurvedic Detoxification and Allied Therapies---Is There Any Evidence? / Ingebritt Ziegler -- 8. Gut and Joint Interconnections: A Reappraisal to Ayurvedic Understanding of Joint Diseases / Ranjana Rastogi -- 9. Ayurvedic Approach to Cardiovascular Diseases: Delineating the Literary and Clinical Evidences / P.S. Srivastav -- 10. Rasayana Therapy and Rejuvenation / Sanjeev Rastogi -- 11. Translational Effectiveness in Ayurvedic Medicine: Implications for Oral Biology and Medicine / Francesco Chiappelli -- pt. IV. Towards Future Perspectives of Evidence-Based Ayurveda -- 12. Safety Aspects of Ayurvedic Drugs / Arun Gupta -- 13. Toward Evidence-Based Practice of Ayurveda: Extrapolating the Challenges in the Current Decade / Sanjeev Rastogi.
- Evidence-based practice in medicine and health care 2005, SpringerThe ethical debate on evidence-based medicine - introduction to the volume -- Regulating health care. The development of guidelines in medical practice and health policy -- Evidence-based medicine and power shifts in health care systems -- Beyond legitimate science: the case for policy-related science -- Teaching evidence-based medicine -- Evidence-based medicine and clinical guidelines in cardiology. Promoting science, practice, or bureaucracy? -- Are particular patients disadvantaged by EBM? Focus on frail elderly patients -- Evidence-based medicine in mental health: towards better and fairer treatment? -- Current epistemological problems in evidence-based medicine -- Coordinating the norms and values of medical research, medical practice and patient worlds. The ethics of evidence-based medicine in 'boundary fields of medicine' -- Research ethics and evidence-based medicine -- Clinical evaluative research: which patients benefit, how and when? A contribution to a European discussion -- Defining a proper background for discussing evidence-based medicine -- Evidence-based medicine and equity: the exclusion of disadvantaged groups -- The role of formal outcome evaluations in health policy making: a normative perspective -- The usefulness of formal outcome evaluations in health policy making: looking for the baby in the bathwater -- Evidence-based medicine and managed care -- Recommendations from the evibased project.
- Evidence-based practices in autism: Where we started / Brian Reichow and Fred R. Volkmar -- Development, procedures, and application of the evaluative method for determining evidence-based practices in autism / Brian Reichow -- On the reliability and accuracy of the evaluative method for identifying evidence-based practices in autism / Domenic V. Cicchetti -- evidence-based treatment of behavioral excesses and deficits for individuals with autism spectrum disorders / Michael D. Powers, Mark J. Palmieri, Kristen S. D'Eramo, and Kristen M. Powers -- Evidence-based treatments in communication for children with autism spectrum disorders / Patricia A. Prelock, Rhea Paul, and Elizabeth M. Allen -- Treatments to increase social awareness and social skills / Suzannah J. Ferraioli and Sandra L. Harris -- Cognitive behavioral therapy in high-functioning autism: Review and recommendations for treatment development / Jeffrey J. Wood, Cori Fujii, and Patricia Renno -- Psychopharmacology in children with PDD: Review of current evidence / Lawrence Scahill and Susan Griebell Boorin -- Interventions that address sensory dysfunction for individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders: Preliminary evidence for the superiority of sensory integration compared to other sensory approaches / Roseann C. Schaaf -- Dietary, complementary, and alternative therapies / Susan L. Hyman and Susan E. Levy -- The role of adaptive behavior in evidence-based practices for ASD: Translating intervention into functional success / Katherine D. Tsatsanis, Celine Saulnier, Sara S. Sparrow, and Domenic V. Cicchetti -- Practicing evidence-based practices / Ruth Blennerhassett Eren and Pamela Owen Brucker -- The implementation of evidence-based practices in public schools / Peter Doehring and Vincent Winterling -- Evidence-based practices in autism: Where we are now and where we need to go / Fred R. Volkmar, Brian Reichow, and Peter Doehring.
- Evidence-based procedural dermatology 2012, SpringerCovers the spectrum of procedural dermatology, including skin cancer surgery, laser techniques, fillers and neurotoxins, minimally invasive cosmetic surgery, and emerging procedures.
- Evidence-based research in pediatric nutrition 2013, KargerImportance of systematic reviews and meta-analyses in pediatric nutrition / Szajewska, H. -- Strengths and weaknesses of observational nutritional trials / Patro-Go B., Szajewska, H. -- Scientific standards for human intervention trials evaluating health benefits of foods, and their application to infants, children, and adolescents / Woodside, J.V., Koletzko, B.V., Patterson, C.C., Welch, R.W. -- Early nutrition and health : short- and long-term outcomes / Gruszfeld, D., Socha, P. -- Probiotics, prebiotics, and dietary fiber in the management of functional gastrointestinal disorders / Horvath, A., Szajewska, H. -- Growing-up milk : a necessity or marketing? / Przyrembel, H, Agostoni, C. -- Cow's milk and goat's milk / Turck, T. -- The timing of introduction of complementary foods and later health / Agostoni, C., Przyrembel, H. -- Dietary interventions for primary allergy prevention -- what is the evidence? / von Berg, A. -- Vitamin and mineral supplementation of term infants : are they necessary? / Lubetzky, R., Mandel, D., Mimouni, F.B. -- Enteral nutrition / Kolaek, S. -- Celiac disease -- prevention strategies through early infant nutrition / Chmielewska, A., Szajewska, H., Shamir, R. -- Interventions for treating obesity in children / De Miguel-Etayo, P., Bueno, G., Garagorri, J.M., Moreno, L.A.
- Print Material
- Evidence-based school mental health services 2011, SpringerThe challenge of providing mental health services in schools -- Evidence-based tier 1, tier 2, and tier 3 mental health interventions in schools -- Strengthening school-counseling interventions -- Affect education at tiers 1, 2, and 3 -- Importance of emotion regulation training for children and adolescents -- Emotion regulation training at tiers 1, 2, and 3 -- Support for the use of CBT in schools -- Preparing young and/or disabled children to benefit from CBT in school-based settings -- CBT in schools -- Sustainability, current programs, and a look to the future.
- The primary nose and palate in evolution -- The primary nose and palate in human embryo development -- Parallels between evolution and development of the nose -- The seemingly simple formation of the secondary palate and nose in the human embryo -- The complex formation of the secondary palate and nose in evolution -- A theory of secondary palate formation -- Primary and secondary palates : primary and secondary nasal fossae -- Olfactory and respiratory nasal fossae -- Is the human ethmoid labyrinth a sinus? -- Understanding the anatomy of the human nose -- Formation of the paranasal air sinues -- The nose in midface development -- Reminder of the normal embryologic development of the human brain -- Phylogenetic origins of the visual and olfactory organs -- Lessons from midface malformations associated to holoprosencephaly -- The evo-devo scenario of nose and midface formation -- A help to teaching anatomy -- Medical hypothesis and perspectives -- Evolutionary and develomental (evo-devo) medicine.
- Evoked spinal cord potentials 2006, Springer
- Evolution 2009, Cold Spring Harb Lab Press
- Evolution from protein chemistry to proteomics 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Evolution of biotechnology 2006, Springer
- Evolution of cardio-metabolic risk from birth to middle age 2011, Springer
- Evolution of extracellular matrix 2013, SpringerThe evolution of single cells into multicellular organisms was mediated, in large part, by the extracellular matrix. The proteins and glycoconjugates that make up the extracellular matrix provide structural support to cellular complexes, facilitate cell adhesion and migration, and impart mechanical properties that are important for tissue function. Each class of ECM macromolecule has evolved to incorporate distinctive properties that are defined by conserved modules that are mixed together to achieve appropriate function. This volume provides a comprehensive analysis of how the major ECM components evolved over time in order to fill their specific roles found in modern organisms. The major focus is on the structural matrix proteins, matricellular proteins, and more complex ECM structures such as basement membranes. Adhesive proteins and their receptors are also discussed.The series Biology of Extracellular Matrix is published in collaboration with the American Society for Matrix Biology.
- Print Material1. Objectives -- 2. Surgical and technological background -- 3. Historical sources -- 4. Origins of the armamentarium -- 5. Materials of instrument composition -- 6. Organic materials -- 7. Nonferrous metals -- 8. Ferrous metals -- 9. Gum, rubber, and plastics -- 10. Overview of materials -- 11. A Structural classification of instruments related to basic manufacture with an analysis of handles and handling -- 12. Probes and their allies -- 13. Needles and their penetrating derivatives -- 14. The Surgical blade from fingernail to ultrasound -- 15. Spring forceps (tweezers), hooks, and simple retractors --16. Catheters, hollow needles, and other tubular instruments -- 17. Scissors and related pivot-controlled cutting instruments -- 18. Clamps, hemostats, and related pivot-controlled forceps -- 19. Retractors, dilators, and related inset-pivoting instruments -- 20. Mixed and miscellaneous instruments -- 21. The Mechanical arrest of hemorrhage -- 22. Wound closure -- 23. Extraction of thorns, arrows, bullets, and other embedded foreign materials -- 24. Limb amputation -- 25. Counterirritation, scarification, and venesection -- 26. Variolation and vaccination -- Appendix 1. Sources of "collections" computed in chapter 5 -- Appendix 2. Copper alloys of the nineteenth and twentieth centuries -- Appendix 3. Museums and collections exhibiting surgical instruments -- Bibliography.
- Evolution of the genome 2005, ScienceDirectGenome size evolution in animals /T. Ryan Gregory --Genome size evolution in plants /Michael D. Bennett and Ilia J. Leitch --Transposable elements /Margaret G. Kidwell --B chromosomes /Juan Pedro M. Camacho --Small-scale gene duplications /John S. Taylor and Jeroen Raes --Large-scale gene and ancient genome duplications /Yves Van de Peer and Axel Meyer --Polyploidy in plants /Jennifer A. Tate, Douglas E. Soltis, and Pamela S. Soltis --Polyploidy in animals /T. Ryan Gregory and Barbara K. Mable --Comparative genomics in eukaryotes /Alan Filipski and Sudhir Kumar --Comparative genomics in prokaryotes /T. Ryan Gregory and Rob DeSalle --Macroevolution and the genome /T. Ryan Gregory.
- Evolution of the primate brain : From neuron to behavior. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirectFrom tetrapods to primates : conserved developmental mechanisms in diverging ecological adaptations / F. Aboitiz and J.F. Montiel -- Genetic correlates of the evolving primate brain / E.J. Vallender -- Cerebral cortical development in rodents and primates / Z. Molnár and G. Clowry -- Embracing covariation in brain evolution : large brains, extended development, and flexible primate social systems / C.J. Charvet and B.L. Finlay -- The evolution of neocortex in primates / J.H. Kaas -- Lateralization of the human brain / M.C. Corballis -- The insular cortex : a review / R. Nieuwenhuys -- The missing link : evolution of the primate cerebellum / C. MacLeod -- Human prefrontal cortex : evolution, development, and pathology / K. Teffer and K. Semendeferi -- Minicolumn size and human cortex / D.P. Buxhoeveden -- Human brain evolution writ large and small / C.C. Sherwood ... [et al.] -- Hominin paleoneurology : where are we now? / D. Falk -- Evolution of hominin cranial ontogeny / C.P.E. Zollikofer -- Hominins and the emergence of the modem human brain / A. de Sousa and E. Cunha -- Neuronal scaling rules for primate brains : the primate advantage / S. Herculano-Houzel -- Self-organization and interareal networks in the primate cortex / H. Kennedy and C. Dehay -- Neural wiring optimization / C. Cherniak -- Design principles of the human brain : an evolutionary perspective / M.A. Hofman -- Primate encephalization / L. Lefebvre -- Evolution of the brain and intelligence in primates / G. Roth and U. Dicke -- Evolution of human emotion : a view through fear / J.E. LeDoux -- Evolution of brain and language / P.T. Shoenemann.
- Evolution of the use of mathematics in cancer research 2012, SpringerHistorical Introduction --Descriptive Biostatistics --Inferential Biostatistics (I): Estimating Values of Biomedical Magnitudes --Inferential Biostatistics (II): Estimating Biomedical Behaviors --Equations: Formulating Biomedical Laws and Biomedical Magnitudes --Systems of Equations: The Explanation of Biomedical Phenomena (I). Basic Questions --Systems of Equations: The Explanation of Biomedical Phenomena (II). Dynamic Interdependencies --Optimal Control Theory: From Knowledge to Control (I). Basic Concepts --Optimal Control Theory: From Knowledge to Control (II). Biomedical Applications --Game Theory.
- Evolution through genetic exchange 2007, MyiLibraryHistory of investigations -- The role of species concepts -- Testing the hypothesis -- Barriers to gene flow -- Hybrid fitness -- Gene duplication -- Origin of new evolutionary lineages -- Implications for endangered taxa -- Humans and associated lineages -- Emergent properties.
- Evolutionary bioinformatics. 2nd ed. 2011, Springer
- Evolutionary biology from concept to application 2008, SpringerI. Modelization of Evolution -- Rate of Adaptation of Large Populations / Feng Yu and Alison Etheridge, p. 3-27 -- A Phylogenetic Mixture Model for Heterotachy / Andrew Meade and Mark Pagel, p. 29-41 -- II. Concepts in Evolutionary Biology -- Accelerated Evolution of Genes of Recent Origin / Macarena Toll-Riera, Jose Castresana and M. Mar Albà, p. 45-59 -- Life-Cycle Features of Tumour Cells / Jekaterina Erenpreisa and Mark S. Cragg, 61-71 -- General Evolutionary Regularities of Organic and Social Life / Valeria I. Mikhalevich, p. 73-94 -- Old and New Concepts in EvoDevo / Margherita Raineri, p. 95-114 -- III. Knowledge -- Overturning the Prejudices about Hydra and Metazoan Evolution / Hiroshi Shimizu, p. 117-134 -- The Search for the Origin of Cnidarian Nematocysts in Dinoflagellates / Jung Shan Hwang, Satoshi Nagai, Shiho Hayakawa, Yasuharu Takaku and Takashi Gojobori, p. 135-152 -- IV. Applied Evolutionary Biology -- A Possible Relationship Between the Phylogenetic Branch Lengths and the Chaetognath rRNA Paralog Gene Functionalities: Ubiquitous, Tissue-Specific or Pseudogenes / Roxane-Marie Barthélémy, Michel Grino, Pierre Pontarotti, Jean-Paul Casanova and Eric Faure, p. 155-164 -- Mode and Tempo of matK : Gene Evolution and Phylogenetic Implications / Khidir W. Hilu and Michelle M. Barthet, p. 165-179 -- Phylogeography and Conservation of the Rare South African Fruit Chafer Ichnestoma stobbiai (Coleoptera: Scarabaeidae) / Ute Kryger and Clarke H. Scholtz, p. 181-196 -- Nothing in Medicine Makes Sense Except in the Light of Evolution: A Review / Bernard Swynghedauw, p. 197-207 -- An Overview of Evolutionary Biology Concepts for Functional Annotation: Advances and Challenges / Anthony Levasseur and Pierre Pontarotti, p. 209-215.
- Evolutionary computation in bioinformatics 2003, ScienceDirectAn introduction to bioinformatics for computer scientists / David W. Corne and Gary B. Fogel -- An introduction to evolutionary computation for biologists / Gary B. Fogel and David W. Corne -- Determining genome sequences from experimental data using evolutionary computation / Jacek Blazewicz and Marta Kasprzak -- Protein structure alignment using evolutionary computation / Joseph D. Szustakowski and Zhiping Weng -- Using genetic algorithms for pairwise and multiple sequence alignments / Cédric Notredame -- On the evolutionary search for solutions to the protein folding problem / Garrison W. Greenwood and Jae-Min Shin -- Toward effective polypeptide structure prediction with parallel fast messy genetic algorithms / Gary B. Lamont and Laurence D. Merkle -- Application of evolutionary computation to protein folding with specialized operators / Steffen Schulze-Kremer -- Identification of coding regions in DNA sequences using evolved neural networks / Gary B. Fogel, Kumar Chellapilla and David B. Fogel -- Clustering microarray data with evolutionary algorithms / Emanuel Falkenauer and Arnaud Marchand -- Evolutionary computation and fractal visualization of sequence data / Dan Ashlock and Jim Golden -- Identifying metabolic pathways and gene regulation networks with evolutionary algorithms / Junji Kitagawa and Hitoshi Iba --Evolutionary computational support for the characterization of biological systems / Bogdan Filipič and Janez Štrancar -- Discovery of genetic and environmental interactions in disease data using evolutionary computation / Laetitia Jourdan, Clarisse Dhaenens-Flipo and El-Ghazali Talbi -- Feature selection methods based on genetic algorithms for in silico drug design / Mark J. Embrechts, Muhsin Ozdemir, Larry Lockwood, Curt Breneman, Kristin Bennett, Dirk Devogelaere and Marcel Rijckaert --Interpreting analytical spectra with evolutionary computation / Jem J. Rowland.
- Evolutionary systems biology 2012, Springer
- Evolving brain 2007, Springer
- Chapter 1. The evolving threat of antimicrobial resistance: Introduction -- Chapter 2. Surveillance to track antimicrobial use and resistance in bacteria -- Chapter 3. Measures to ensure better use of antibiotics -- Chapter 4. Reducing antimicrobial use in animal husbandry -- Chapter 5. Infection prevention and control in health-care facilities -- Chapter 6. Fostering innovation to combat antimicrobial resistance -- Chapter 7. The way forward: political commitment to enable options for action -- Appendix 1. List of 2001 WHO Global Strategy for Containment of Antimicrobial Resistance recommendations -- Appendix 2. List of 2011 WHO World Health Day six-point policy briefs.
- Ewing's Analytical instrumentation handbook.. 3rd ed. / 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Exacerbation-free COPD Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Exacerbations in COPD and asthma Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- EXAM MASTER Online DatabaseExamination preparation and subject review for USMLE Step 1 (9000+ questions), USMLE Step 2 (5000+ questions), and USMLE Step 3 (3000+ questions), among others. Certification Review aids cover Family Practice, General Pediatrics, General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology, and SPEX. Students can create self-study exams in a variety of subjects.
- Excel 2007 advanced report development 2007, books24x7Taking a first look at Excel's reporting tools -- Getting started with PivotTable reports -- PivotTable essentials and components -- Working with external data sources -- Looking at the Get External Data tab -- Retrieving external data using Microsoft Query -- Using the Query Wizard -- Getting started with Microsoft Query -- Working with SQL in Microsoft Query -- Designing PivotTable reports -- PivotTable report formatting -- Managing PivotTable data -- Analyzing data in a PivotChart -- Creating and using spreadsheet reports -- Building report solutions -- Spreadsheet report formatting.
- Excel 2007 bible 2007, books24x7Fulltext ProQuest SafariGetting Started with Excel -- Introducing Excel -- What's New in Excel 2007? -- Entering and Editing Worksheet Data -- Essential Worksheet Operations -- Working with Cells and Ranges -- Introducing tables -- Worksheet Formatting -- Understanding Excel's Files -- Using and Creating Templates -- Printing Your Work -- Working with Formulas and Functions -- Introducing Formulas and Functions -- Creating Formulas and Functions -- Creating Formulas That Manipulate Text -- Working with Dates and Times -- Creating Formulas That Count and Sum -- Creating Formulas That Look Up Values -- Creating Formulas for Financial Applications -- Introducing Array Formulas -- Performing Magic with Array Formulas -- Creating Charts and Graphics -- Getting Started Making Charts -- Learning Advanced Charting -- Visualizing Data Using Conditional Formatting -- Enhancing Your Work with Pictures and Drawings -- Using Advanced Excel Features -- Customizing the Quick Access Toolbar -- Using Custom Number Formats -- Using Data Validation -- Creating and Using Worksheet Outlines -- Linking and Consolidating Worksheets -- Excel and the Internet -- Sharing Data with Other Applications -- Using Excel in a Workgroup -- Protecting Your Work -- Making Your Worksheets Error-Free -- Analyzing Data with Excel -- Using Microsoft Query with External Database Files -- Introducing Pivot Tables -- Analyzing Data with Pivot Tables -- Performing Spreadsheet What-If Analysis -- Analyzing Data Using Goal Seek and Solver -- Analyzing Data with the Analysis Tookpak -- Programming Excel with VBA -- Introducing Visual Basic for Applications -- Creating Custom Worksheet Functions -- Creating UserForms -- Using UserForm Controls in a Worksheet -- Working with Excel Events -- VGA Examples -- Creating Custom Excel Add-Ins -- Worksheet Function Reference -- What's on the CD-ROM -- Additional Excel Resources -- Excel Shortcut Keys.
- Excel 2007 data analysis for dummies 2007, books24x7
- Print MaterialTaking a first look at Excel's reporting tools -- Getting started with PivotTables -- Understanding and accessing source data -- Using the query wizard -- Getting started with Microsoft query -- Working with SQL in Microsoft query -- Designing PivotTable reports -- Managing PivotTable data -- Exploring PivotChart functionality -- Working with OLAP cubes -- Creating and using spreadsheet reports -- Using Excel reports on the web.
- Print Material
- Excel for chemists. 2nd ed. 2001, WileyPart I.The Basics --Working with Excel --Creating charts: an introduction --Part II.Advanced spreadsheet topics --Creating advanced worksheet formulas --Creating array formulas --Advanced charting techniques --Using Excel's database features --Importing data into Excel --Adding controls to a spreadsheet --Part III.Spreadsheet mathematics --Some mathematical tools for spreadsheet calculations --Graphical and numerical methods of analysis --Linear regression --Non-linear regression using te solver --Part IV.Excel visual basic macros --Visual basic for applications: an introduction --Programming with VBA --Creating command macros --Creating custom functions --Creating custom menus and menu bars --Creating custom toolbuttons and toolbars --Part V.Some applications --Analysis of solution equilibria --Analysis of spectrophotometric data --Calculation of binding constants --Analysis of kinetics data --Part VI.Appendices ...
- Excel for scientists 2005Print Material
- Print Material
- Excel hacks. 2nd ed. 2007, ProQuest SafariReducing workbook and worksheet frustration -- Hacking Excel's built-in features -- Naming hacks -- Hacking PivotTables -- Hacking formulas and functions -- Macro hacks -- Cross-application hacks.
- Excel Link 3. Version 2.4. SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Print Material
- Print MaterialUsing Excel -- Getting acquainted with Visual Basic for Applications -- Collecting and cleaning up data -- Charting -- Statistical analysis -- Time series analysis -- Mathematical functions -- Curve fitting and regression -- Solving equations -- Numerical integration and differentiation -- Solving ordinary differential equations -- Solving partial differential equations -- Performing optimization analyses in Excel -- Introduction to financial calculations.
- Exceptional life journeys. First edition [1st ed.] 2012, ScienceDirectMost students in training to become teachers, psychologists, physicians, and social workers as well as many practicing professionals in these disciplines do not get the opportunity to fully understand and appreciate the circumstances of children ,parents, and teachers who have had to cope and adapt to childhood disorder. Most professionals in the field of childhood disorders are well trained in assessment and treatment methods and are aware of the clinical, theoretical, and empirical foundations of the work they do. In their training, they get some experience in diagnosing the educational, psychological, social, and medical problems of children through their supervised clinical internships. In their training and in their professional practice they get to interview, discuss, consult and collaborate with children and their families regarding developmental issues and treatment plans, however, they rarely get an opportunity to fully realize and understand what it is like to have a disorder and what it is like to be a mother, or father, or teacher of children with disorders. This book provides an opportunity for students in training and professionals in the field to gain some awareness of the life journeys of some exceptional children, their families and their teachers. Focuses on those childhood disorders that are most common or what are sometimes referred to as high incidence disorders such as learning disabilities, autism, behavior disorder, depression, and anxiety Beyond, a clinical, empirical, and theoretical description of childhood disorders or a personal account relative to one particular disorder, this book provides rich narratives of experience from multiple perspectives with respect to numerous childhood disorders Provides readers with insight by sharing examples of personal contexts and situations, significant life issues, challenges and barriers, successes, and recommendations relative to particular circumstances.
- Print MaterialAntiquity -- 1190 to about 1889 -- 1890 to about 1910 -- 1911 to about 1940 -- 1941 to about 1969 -- 1970 to about 1987.
- Print Material
- Excited delirium syndrome 2006, CRCnetBASEA suspect, prisoner, or psychiatric patient becomes violent. The officer or hospital staff struggle to control the person, sometimes with a choke hold or hog tying. Shortly afterward, the patient dies. This illustrates excited delirium syndrome, a condition in which normal physiological changes produced by violent activity culminate in sudden cardiac death. This book discusses the effects of both legal medication and drugs of abuse on the cardiovascular system. The authors also discuss the effects of underlying disease and prevention of the syndrome, the role of the mental health professional, and the "high-risk" individual.
- Exercise and cancer survivorship 2010, Springer
- Exercise and disease management. 2nd ed. 2011, CRCnetBASE
- Exercise and physical functioning in osteoarthritis 2014, Springer1. Introduction -- Part I. Osteoarthritis of the knee or hip -- 2. Epidemiology, pathogenesis, and clinical aspects -- 3. Therapeutic options -- Part II. Functional decline -- 4. Risk factors for functional decline -- 5. Neuromuscular mechanisms explaining functional decline -- 6. Behavioral mechanisms explaining functional decline -- Part III. Exercise therapy -- 7.Regular exercise therapy -- 8. Exercise aiming at neuromuscular mechanisms -- 9. Exercise aiming at behavioral mechanisms -- 10. Comorbidity, overweight, and exercise -- 11. Concluding remarks.
- Exercise and stress response 2002, CRCnetBASEChapter 1. Overview of the stress response / Marius Locke -- Chapter 2. Transcriptional regulation of the mammalian heat shock genes / Jenny S.L. Ho and J. Timothy Westwood -- Chapter 3. Heat shock proteins and their induction with exercise / Earl G. Noble -- Chapter 4. HSPs and protein synthesis in striated muscle / Donald B. Thomason and Vandana Menon -- Chapter 5. Stress proteins and myocardial protection / Joseph W. Starnes -- Chapter 6. Heat shock proteins and reactive oxygen species -- Karyn L. Hamilton and Scott K. Powers -- Chapter 7. Stress proteins and exercise-induced muscle damage / Anne McArdle and Malcolm J. Jackson -- Chapter 8. Stress proteins and the mitochondrion / David A. Hood, Arne A. Rungi, Marco Colavecchia, Joseph W. Gordon, and Jeremy J. Schneider -- Chapter 9. Gender-specific regulation of HSP70: mechanisms and consequences / Zain Paroo and Earl G. Noble -- Chapter 10. The role of heat shock proteins in modulating the immune response / Pope L. Moseley -- Chapter 11. Stress proteins and applied exercise physiology / Jürgen M. Steinacker and Yuefei Liu.
- Print Material
- Exercise cardiopulmonary function in cardiac patients 2012, Springer1.Exercise Physiology --2.Pulmonary Function --3.Cardiac Output --4.Cardiac Output Redistribution --5.Left Ventricular Function --6.Blood Pressure and Hypertension --7.Metabolic Cardiovascular Risk Factors --8.Cardiopulmonary Function in Elderly --9.Exercise and Sudden Death --10.Cardiac Rehabilitation.
- Exercise physiology 2003, ScienceDirectAncient and early influences / Jack W. Berryman -- The neuromuscular system / Alan J. McComas -- The cardiovascular system / Loring B. Rowell -- The respiratory system / Jerome A. Dempsey and Brian J. Whipp -- The autonomic nervous system / Charles M. Tipton -- The oxygen transport system and maximal oxygen uptake / Jere H. Mitchell and Bengt Saltin -- The metabolic systems: aerobic metabolism and substrate utilization in exercising skeletal muscle / R. James Barnard and John O. Holloszy -- The metabolic systems: anaerobic metabolism (glycolytic and phosphagen) / George A. Brooks and L. Bruce Gladden -- The endocrine system: metabolic effects of the pancreatic, adrenal, thyroidal, and growth hormones / Michael C. Riddell ... [et al.] -- The temperature regulatory system / Elsworth R. Buskirk -- The renal system / Jacques R. Poortmans and Edward J. Zambraski -- The gastrointestinal system / Carl V. Gisolfi
- Print MaterialGeneral principles of exercise testing / Victor F. Froelicher and Stephen G. Stahr -- General principles of exercise prescription / James S. Skinner -- General principles of exercise testing and exercise prescription for muscle strength and endurance / William J. Kraemer, Steven J. Fleck, and Nicholas A. Ratamess, Jr. -- Differences between men and women for exercise testing and exercise prescription / Jack H. Wilmore -- Differences between children and adults for exercise testing and exercise prescription / Helge Hebestreit and Oded Bar-Or -- Aging for exercise testing and exercise prescription / James S. Skinner -- Environmental factors for exercise testing and exercise prescription / Samuel N. Cheuvront, Michael N. Sawka, and Kent B. Pandolf -- Exercise adherence and prescription for special populations / John S. Raglin and Gregory S. Wilson -- Economic evaluation, comprehensive cardiac rehabilitation as an example / Neil B. Oldridge -- -- Arthritis / Ilkka Vuori -- Osteoporosis / Kerri M. Winters-Stone and Christine M. Snow -- Chronic pain states / Angela K. Lyden, Kirsten Ambrose, and Daniel J. Clauw -- Spinal cord injury / Thomas W. J. Janssen and Maria T. E. Hopman -- -- Diabetes mellitus / Arthur S. Leon and Otto A. Sánchez -- Obesity / Scott G. Owens -- -- Asthma / Alan R. Morton and Kenneth D. Fitch -- Cystic fibrosis / Frank J. Cerny and David M. Orenstein -- -- Coronary heart disease / William L. Haskell and J. Larry Durstine -- Hypertension / James S. Skinner -- Peripheral arterial occlusive disease / Andrew W. Gardner and James S. Skinner -- Heart failure / Robert S. McKelvie -- Heart disease in children / Reginald L. Washington -- -- End-stage renal disease / Patricia L. Painter -- Cancer / Kirsten Lane and Donald C. McKenzie -- Pregnancy / Larry A. Wolfe -- Mental retardation / Kenneth H. Pitetti and Bo Fernhall.
- Exercise, energy balance, and cancer 2013, Springer
- Exercise-induced acute renal failure 2007, Springer
- Exocytosis and endocytosis 2008, Springer ProtocolsVesicular trafficking : molecular tools and targets / Elena V. Vassilieva and Asma Nusrat -- Pharmacological inhibition of endocytic pathways : is it specific enough to be useful? / Andrei I. Ivanov -- In vitro assays to measure SNARE-mediated vesicle fusion / Susanne Kreye, Jörg Malsam, and Thomas H. Söllner -- Imaging Ca²⁺-triggered exocytosis of single secretory granules on plasma membrane lawns from neuroendocrine cells / Thorsten Lang -- FRAP analysis of secretory granule lipids and proteins in the sea urchin egg / Julian L. Wong and Gary M. Wessel -- A cell-free assay for endocytosis of E-cadherin / Toshiaki Sakisaka and Yoshimi Takai -- Cell-surface biotinylation to study endocytosis and recycling of occludin / Noriyuki Nishimura and Takuya Sasaki -- Fractionation of subcellular membrane vesicles of epithelial and nonepithelial cells by OptiPrep density gradient / Xuhang Li and Mark Donowitz -- Identification and characterization of interacting partners of Rab GTPases by yeast two-hybrid analyses / Mark Kail and Angelika Barnekow -- High-throughput analysis of the dynamics of recycling cell surface proteins / Roland Glovers, David E. James, and Adelle C.F. Coster -- Studying phagocytosis by live-cell scintillation proximity assay / Walter Stockinger and Axel Nohturfft -- Transcytosis of polymeric immunoglobin A in polarized Madin-Darby canine kidney cells / Asli Oztan, Christine Rondanino, and Gerard Apodaca -- The use of syntaxin chimeras to study polarized protein trafficking in epithelial cells / Martin B.A. ter Beest -- Targeting the epithelial SNARE machinery by bacterial neurotoxins / Véronique Proux-Gillardeaux and Thierry Galli -- Endocytosis of endothelial cells is regulated by N-ethylmaleimide-sensitive factor / Munekazu Yamakuchi ... [et al.] -- Molecular dissection of HCL secretion in gastric parietal cells using streptolysin O permeabilization / Xia Ding .. [et al.] -- Addressing membrane protein topology using the fluorescence protease protection (FPP) assay / Holger Lorenz, Dale W. Hailey, and Jennifer Lippincott-Schwartz -- Visualizing clathrin-mediated IgE receptor internalization by electron and atomic force microscopy / Alan R. Burns ... [et al.] -- Analyzing endosomes in nonsectioned cells by transmission electron microscopy / Willem Stoorvogel -- Imaging exocytosis of single insulin secretory granules with TIRF microscopy / Shinya Nagamatsu and Mica Ohara-Imaizumi -- Reconstitution of depolarization and Ca²⁺-evoked secretion in Xenopus oocytes monitored by membrane capacitance / Roy Cohen, Bernhard M. Schmitt, and Daphne Atlas -- Low-noise recording of single-vesicle capacitance steps in cell-attached patches / Vitaly Klyachko, Zhenjie Zhang, and Meyer Jackson -- Good practices in single-cell amperometry / David J. Machado, Mónica S. Montesinos, and Ricardo Borges -- Analysis of single-vesicle exocytotic events recorded by amperometry / Eugene V. Mosharov -- Application of RNAi technology and fluorescent protein markers to study membrane traffic in Caenorhabditis elegans / Dmitry Poteryaev and Anne Spang -- FM 1-43 labeling of synaptic vesicle pools at the Drosophila neuromuscular junction / Patrik Verstreken, Tomoko Ohyama, and Hugo J. Bellen -- Probing E-cadherin endocytosis by morpholino-mediated Rab5 knockdown in zebrafish / Florian Ulrich and Carl-Philipp Heisenberg -- Quantifying endocytosis in vivo using intravital two-photon microscopy / Ruben M. Sandoval and Bruce A. Molitoris.
- Expanding cell 2007, Springer
- Expanding horizons in bioethics 2005, SpringerThe past, present and future of human nature / Samuel Gorovitz -- Unethical contexts for ethical questions / David Ehrenfeld -- Human subject protections: some thoughts on costs and benefits in the humanistic disciplines / C. Kristina Gunsalus -- Secret state experiments and medical ethics / Jonathan Moreno -- Cross-cultural considerations in medical ethics: the case of human subjects research / Marcia Angell -- Reproductive rights and health in the developing world / Ruth Macklin -- Genetic testing of human embryos: ethical challenges and policy choices / Kathy Hudson, Susannah Baruch & Gail Javitt -- Choosing our children: the uneasy alliance of law and ethics in John Robertson's thought / Karen Lebacqz -- The heart disease epidemic that wasn't: lessons learned from death certificate statistics / Harry M. Rosenberg -- Recent history of end-of-life care and implications for the future / James Flory & Ezekiel Emanuel -- The pragmatic power and promise of theoretical environmental ethics: forging a new discourse / J. Baird Callicott -- The expanding circle and moral community - naturally speaking / Chalmers Clark -- Science, conservation and global security / George M. Woodwell -- Energy, technology and climate: running out of gas / David Goodstein.
- Experimental and applied immunotherapy 2011, SpringerT cell therapy: state-of-the-art -- Extending the use of adoptive T cell immunotherapy for infections and cancer -- Non-T cell therapeutic approaches -- B lymphocytes in cancer immunology -- Monoclonal antibody therapy for cancer -- Natural killer cells for cancer immunotherapy -- Dendritic cell-based cancer vaccines: practical considerations -- Mesenchymal stromal cells: an emerging cell-based pharmaceutical -- T cell therapeutic approaches -- Tumor-specific mutations as targets for cancer immunotherapy -- Counteracting subversion of MHC class II antigen presentation by tumors -- Mechanisms and implications of immunodominance in CD8⁺ T-cell responses -- T regulatory cells and cancer immunotherapy -- Negative regulators in cancer immunology and immunotherapy -- Genetically engineered antigen specificity in T cells for adoptive immunotherapy -- Non-cellular aspects of cancer immunotherapy -- Cytokine immunotherapy -- Transcriptional modulation using histone deacetylase inhibitors for cancer immunotherapy -- Combining cancer vaccines with conventional therapies -- Combining oncolytic viruses with cancer immunotherapy -- Radiation therapy and cancer treatment: from the basics to combination therapies that ignite immunity -- Assessing immunotherapy through cellular and molecular imaging -- Transplantation -- Allogeneic and autologous transplantation therapy of cancer: converging themes.
- Experimental approaches to diabetic retinopathy 2010, KargerClinical presentations and pathological correlates of retinopathy / T. Bek -- Retinal vascular permeability in health and disease / V. Poulaki -- In vivo models of diabetic retinopathy / L. Zheng, T.S. Kern -- Pericyte loss in the diabetic retina / F. Pfister, J. Lin, H.-P. Hammes -- Neuroglia in the diabetic retina / A. Bringmann, A. Reichenbach -- Regulatory and pathogenic roles of Müller glial cells in retinal neovascular processes and their potential for retinal regeneration / G.A. Limb, H. Jayaram -- Growth factors in the diabetic eye / R. Simó, C. Hernández -- Balance between pigment epithelium-derived factor and vascular endothelial growth factor in diabetic retinopathy / N. Ogata, J. Tombran-Tink -- The renin-angiotensin system in the eye / K. Strøder, T. Unger, U.M. Steckelings -- Interactions of leukocytes with the endothelium / T. Chavakis -- Stem and progenitor cells in the retina / N. Sengupta ... [et al.] -- Current approaches to retinopathy as a predictor of cardiovascular risk / N. Cheung, G. Liew, T.Y. Wong.
- Experimental glycoscience. Glycobiology 2008, Springer
- Experimental models for renal diseases 2011, KargerOur understanding of the pathogenesis of renal diseases and the ability to accurately classify and diagnose them has improved considerably over the last two decades. Until now, however, this information has not been available in a single, up-to-date and succinct yet comprehensive source. The publication at hand aims at filling this gap, condensing a vast amount of information into easily accessible chapters. After a discussion of basic concepts and principles of renal tissue reactions to injurious agents using a specific cell/compartment approach, a multitude of disorders are looked at, including renal interstitial fibrosis, glomerulosclerosis, various forms of glomerulonephritis and nephropathy, amyloidosis and renal Fanconi syndrome. Some of the chapters address controversial subjects, reporting the current situation and showing areas of future potential research interest. At the end of many of the contributions, a summary is provided, often in the form of a chart to facilitate the understanding of the information and to make it most useful for didactic purposes. This book is intended for students of various disciplines, as well as clinicians and investigators and all those trying to correlate basic research information with clinical issues.
- Experimental models of multiple sclerosis 2005, SpringerSection D2. The pathogenesis of canine distemper virus induced demyelination: a biphasic process.
- Experimental surgical models in the laboratory rat 2009, CRCnetBASEBioethics and animal care -- Control of stress and distress -- Management of pain in laboratory animals -- Anesthesia and analgesia -- Euthanasia -- Antibiotics -- Operating theatre -- Rat identification -- Antisepsis, sterilization, and asepsis -- Suture -- Substances administration -- Samples -- Catheterization of the femoral artery and vein -- Cardiac catheterization -- Cannulation of the thoracic duct -- Tracheostomy -- In situ isolation of the stomach -- In situ isolation of the intestinal loop -- Intestinal everted sacs -- In situ perfusion of the small intestine -- Experimental models for the study of diabetes -- Islets of langerhans isolation -- Incubation of pancreatic tissue slices -- In situ perfusion of the pancreas -- Experimental pancreatitis -- Hepatic circulation impairment -- Extrahepatic cholestasis model -- Adrenalectomy -- Ovariectomy -- Thyroparathyroidectomy -- Parathyroid glands -- Measurement techniques of renal parameters -- Kidney isolation and perfusion -- Acute renal failure models -- Renal blood flow measurement -- Transport studies in plasma membrane vesicles isolated from renal cortex -- Remnant kidney model -- Experimental myocardial infarction -- Experimental arteriosclerosis -- Isolated heart: langendorff technique -- Polyclonal antibodies preparation -- Histological procedures -- Bones and bone tissue -- Equipment -- Solution preparation -- Normal values in IIm/Fm rat subline "M".
- Expert systems 2002, ScienceDirect
- Expert systems. 4th ed. SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Print MaterialIntroduction to expert systems -- The representation of knowledge -- Methods of inference -- Reasoning under uncertainty -- Inexact reasoning -- Design of expert systems -- Introduction to CLIPS -- Advanced pattern matching -- Modular design, execution control, and rule efficiency -- Procedural programming -- Classes, instances, and message-handlers -- Expert system design examples.
- Expert witnessing and scientific testimony 2008, CRCnetBASEInvolvement in a legal action -- Negligence -- Rules of evidence and codes of civil procedure -- The body of scientific literature -- Foundation equals persuasion -- The expert witness -- Speaking the language of lawyers -- To do the courtroom dance, first learn the steps -- Skeletons in your closet -- Impeachment is not just for presidents! -- Criminal, civil, and workers' compensation cases -- Toxic torts in retrospect -- One case is tragic; two or more cases are an epidemic -- Professional liability -- Out of the ordinary : investigations, cases, and trials -- Do you charge for your testimony? No, I charge for my time! -- Expert witnesses : the good, the bad, and the ugly -- Closing arguments.
- Explaining the computational mind / 2013, Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Print MaterialComputation in cognitive science : four case studies and a funeral -- Computational processes -- Computational explanation -- Computation and representation -- Limits of computational explanation.
- Explanationist defense of scientific realism 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Exploration and analysis of DNA microarray and protein array data SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Print Material
- Exploratory data analysis with MATLAB 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Exploratory data mining and data cleaning 2003, Wiley
- Exploratory multivariate analysis by example using R 2011, CRCnetBASE"An introduction to exploratory techniques for multivariate data analysis, this book covers the key methodology, including principal components analysis, correspondence analysis, mixed models and multiple factor analysis. The authors take a practical approach, with examples leading the discussion of the methods and lots of graphics to emphasize visualization. They present the concepts in the most intuitive way possible, keeping mathematical content to a minimum or relegating it to the appendices. The book includes examples that use real data from a range of scientific disciplines and implemented using an R package developed by the authors"--Provided by publisher.
- Exploratory social network analysis with Pajek 2005, MyiLibrary
- Exploring Frontiers of the Mind-Brain Relationship 2012, SpringerPart I. Philosophy and History -- 1. Materialism's Eternal Return: Recurrent Patterns of Materialistic Explanations of Mental Phenomena / Saulo de Freitas Araujo -- 2. The Major Objections from Reductive Materialism Against Belief in the Existence of Cartesian Mind-Body Dualism / Robert Almeder -- 3. Psychic Phenomena and the Mind-Body Problem: Historical Notes on a Neglected Conceptual Tradition / Carlos S. Alvarado -- Part II. Physics -- 4. No-Collapse Physics and Consciousness / Chris Clarke -- 5. The "Quantum Soul": A Scientific Hypothesis / Stuart Hameroff and Deepak Chopra -- Part III. Functional Neuroimaging -- 6. The Neurobiological Correlates of Meditationand Mindfulness / Jesse Edwards, Julio Peres, Daniel A. Monti, and Andrew B. Newberg -- 7. Functional Neuroimaging Studies of Emotional -- Self-Regulation and Spiritual Experiences / Mario Beauregard -- Part IV. Human Experiences as Promising lines of Investigation of Mind-Brain Relationship -- 8. Can Near Death Experiences Contribute to the Debate on Consciousness? / Peter Fenwick -- 9. Death, End of Life Experiences, and Their Theoretical and Clinical Implications for the Mind-Brain Relationship / Franklin Santana Santos and Peter Fenwick -- 10. Research on Mediumship and the Mind-Brain Relationship / Alexander Moreira-Almeida -- 11. Cases of the Reincarnation Type and the Mind-Brain Relationship / Erlendur Haraldsson -- 12. Conclusion / Alexander Moreira-Almeida and Franklin Santana Santos.
- Exploring the thalamus 2001, ScienceDirectIntroduction --The nerve cells of the thalamus --The afferent axons to the thalamus --Intrinsic cell properties --Synaptic properties --Function of burst and tonic response modes in the thalamocortical relay --Maps in the brain --Two types in thalamic relay --Drivers and modulators --Overview.
- Exploring the vertebrate central cholinergic nervous system 2007, Springer
- Exposed science 2013Print Material
- Exposure analysis 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Expressed sequence tags (ESTs) 2009, Springer ProtocolsExpressed sequence tags : an overview / John Parkinson and Mark Blaxter --Strategies for undertaking expressed sequence tag (EST) projects / Sandra W. Clifton and Makedonka Mitreva -- Construction of cDNA libraries : focus on protists and fungi / Naiara Rodríguez-Ezpeleta ... [et al.] -- Generation of full-length cDNA libraries : focus on plants / Motoaki Seki ... [et al.] -- Preparation of full-length cDNA libraries : focus on metazoans / Masako Harada and Yoshihide Hayashizaki -- Expressed sequence tags : normalization and subtraction of cDNA libraries / Marcelo Bento Soares ... [et al.] -- Generating EST libraries : trans-spliced cDNAs / Cecilia Fernández and Rick M. Maizels -- Large-scale sequencing and analytical processing of ESTs / Makedonka Mitreva and Elaine R. Mardis -- EST processing : from trace to sequence / Ralf Schmid and Mark Blaxter -- Obtaining accurate translations from expressed sequence tags / James Wasmuth and Mark Blaxter -- EST databases and web tools for EST projects /Yao-Qing Shen ... [et al.] -- Phylogenomic analysis of EST datasets / José M. Peregrín-Alvarez and John Parkinson -- Statistical analysis of expressed sequence tags / Edward Susko and Andrew J. Roger -- Application of ESTs in microarray analysis / Weizhong Li ... [et al.] -- Exploiting ESTs in human health / Sandro José de Souza.
- External fixation in orthopedic traumatology 2012, Springer1. Damage Control Orthopedics in the Polytrauma Patient / Hans-Christoph Pape, Thomas Dienstknecht, and Peter V. Giannoudis -- 2. Limb Damage Control Orthopedics / Madhusudhan Yakkanti, Cyril Mauffrey, and Craig S. Roberts -- 3. Practical Biomechanical Considerations about External Fixators / Cyril Mauffrey, Dennis Beck, and Laura Ruhala -- 4. External Fixation in Economically Disadvantaged Areas / David Seligson, N.S. Laud, and Alfredo Aybar Montoya -- 5. External Fixation in the War Zone / Paul J. Dougherty and Kimberly M. Kesling -- 6. External Fixation of the Pelvis in Damage Control Orthopedics / Madhusudhan Yakkanti and Craig S. Roberts -- 7. External Fixation About the Wrist and the Forearm / Cyril Mauffrey, David Seligson, and Jonathan Yerasimide / 8. External Fixators in the Treatment of Tibial Plateau Fractures / V. Manakavala Perumal, Cyril Mauffrey, and Craig S. Roberts -- 9. The Use of External Fixators in the Acute Management of Tibial Pilon Fractures / Cyril Mauffrey, David Seligson, and Jessica Heinsen -- 10. External Fixation of Long Bones / Dennis Beck and Charles Daniel Benson -- 11. The Care and Management of Patients with External Fixators / David Seligson and Janet Macphaden -- 12. Complications of External Fixation / G. Zych -- 13. Timing and Strategies for Definitive Fixation After a Damage Control Frame / Thomas De Coster -- 14. Medico Legal Considerations Surrounding the Injured Patient / David Seligson and Charles Daniel Benson.
- Extra-cranial applications of diffusion-weighted MRI 2011, CambridgeBasic physical principles of body diffusion-weighted imaging / Eric E. Sigmund and Jens Jensen -- Diffusion-weighted MRI of the liver / Bachir Taouli and Dow-Mu Koh -- Diffusion-weighted MRI of diffuse renal disease and kidney transplant / Frederik De Keyzer and Harriet C. Thoeny -- Diffusion-weighted MRI of focal renal masses / Sooah Kim and Bachir Taouli -- Diffusion-weighted MRI of the pancreas / Tomoaki Ichikawa ... [et al.] -- Diffusion-weighted MRI of the prostate / Sophie F. Riches and Nandita DeSouza -- Breast applications of diffusion-weighted MRI / Yong Guo -- Diffusion-weighted MRI of lymph nodes / Thomas C. Kwee and Taro Takahara -- Diffusion-weighted MRI of female pelvic tumors / Hela Sbano and Anwar R. Padhani -- Diffusion-weighted MRI of the bone marrow and the spine / Olaf Dietrich and Andrea Baur-Melnyk -- Diffusion-weighted MRI of soft tissue tumors / Masayuki Maeda -- Evaluation of tumor treatment response with diffusion-weighted MRI / Andriy M. Babsky, Shenghong Ju and Navin Bansal -- Diffusion-weighted MRI: future directions / Dow-Mu Koh and David J. Collins.
- Extracellular matrix 2011, SpringerAn overview of extracellular matrix structure and function /Jürgen EngelandMatthias Chiquet --Fibronectin and other adhesive glycoproteins /Jielin XuandDeane Mosher --Collagens, suprastructures, and collagen fibril assembly /David E. BirkandPeter Brückner --Basement membranes /Jeffrey H. Miner --Hyaluronan and the aggregating proteoglycans /Thomas N. Wight,Bryan P. Toole,andVincent C. Hascall --Small leucine-rich proteoglycans /Renato V. Iozzo... [et al.] --Microfibrils and fibrillin /Dirk HubmacherandDieter P. Reinhardt --Elastin /Beth A. Kozel,Robert P. Mecham,andJoel Rosenbloom --Lysyl oxidase and lysyl oxidase-like enzymes /Herbert M. KaganandFaina Ryvkin --The fibulins /Marion A. CooleyandW. Scott Argraves --Matricellular proteins /David D. RobertsandLester F. Lau.
- Extracellular matrix and the liver 2003, ScienceDirect
- Extracellular matrix components ScienceDirect
- Extracellular matrix degradation 2011, SpringerMatrix metalloproteinases and their inhibitors in turnover and degradation of extracellular matrix / Sean E. Gill and William C. Parks -- Role of cysteine cathepsins in extracellular proteolysis / Dieter Brömme and Susan Wilson -- Cooperation between proteolysis and endocytosis in collagen turnover / Thomas H. Bugge and Niels Behrendt -- Pericellular proteolysis / Judith S. Bond, Timothy R. Keiffer, and Qi Sun -- Triple helicase activity and the structural basis of collagenolysis / Hideaki Nagase and Robert Visse -- Structural basis of extracellular matrix interactions with matrix metalloproteinases / Steven R. Van Doren -- The role of matrix metalloproteinases in cellular invasion and metastasis / Elena I. Deryugina and James P. Quigley -- Degradation of bone and the role of osteoclasts, bone lining cells and osteocytes / Vincent Everts and Paul Saftig -- Consequences of elastolysis / A. McGarry Houghton, Majd Mouded, and Steven D. Shapiro.
- Extracellular matrix in development 2013, SpringerCells in the developing embryo depend on signals from the extracellular environment to help guide their differentiation. An important mediator in this process is the extracellular matrix - secreted macromolecules that interact to form large protein networks outside the cell. During development, the extracellular matrix serves to separate adjacent cell groups, participates in establishing morphogenic gradients, and, through its ability to interact directly will cell-surface receptors, provides developmental clocks and positional information. This volume discusses how the extracellular matrix influences fundamental developmental processes and how model systems can be used to elucidate ECM function. The topics addressed range from how ECM influences early development as well as repair processes in the adult that recapitulate developmental pathways.The series Biology of Extracellular Matrix is published in collaboration with the American Society for Matrix Biology.
- Extracellular matrix protocols. 2nd ed. 2009, Springer ProtocolsRetroviral delivery of ECM genes / Vitali alexeev and Olga Igoucheva -- Tissue-specific KO of ECM proteins / Mara Brancaccio, Emila Turco, and Emilio Hirsch -- Recombinant collagen trimers from insect cells and yeast / Johanna Myllyharju -- Eukaryotic expression and purification of recombinant extracellular matrix proteins carrying the Strep II tag / Neil Smyth ... [et al.] -- Preparation of recombinant fibronectin fragments for functional and structural studies / David Staunton ... [et al.] -- Quantitative determination of collagen cross-links / Nicholas C. Avery, Trevor J. Sims, and Allen J. Bailey -- ECM macromolecules : height-mapping and nano-mechanics using atomic force microscopy / Nigel W. Hodson, Cay M. Kielty, and Michael J. Sherratt -- Atomic force microscopy measurements of intermolecular binding forces / Gradimir N. Misevic, Yannis Karamanos, and Nikola J. Misevic -- Mass-mapping of ECM macromolecules by scanning transmission electron microscopy / Michael J. Sherratt ... [et al.] -- Chemical microscopy of biological samples by dynamic mode secondary ion mass spectrometry / Gradimir N. Misevic ... [et al.] -- ECM macromolecules : rotary shadowing and transmission electron microscopy / Michael J. Sherratt ... [et al.] -- Using self-assembled monolayers to pattern ECM proteins and cells on substrates / Emanuele Ostuni ... [et al.] -- Solid phase assays for studying ECM protein-protein interactions / A. Paul Mould -- Cell adhesion assays / Martin J. Humphries -- ECM degradation assays for analyzing local cell invasion / Vira V. Artym, Kenneth M. Yamada, and Susette C. Mueller -- Fluorescence-based assays for in vitro analysis of cell adhesion and migration / Paola Spessotto ... [et al.] -- Fibrin gel model for assessment of cellular contractility / Sharona Even-Ram -- Fluorescent labeling techniques for investigation of fibronectin fibrillogenesis (labeling fibronectin fibrillogenesis) / Roumen Pankov and Albena Momchilova -- Stromagenesis during tumorigenesis : characterization of tumor-associated fibroblasts and stroma-derived 3D matrices / Remedios Castelló-Cros and Edna Cukierman -- Tissue recombinants to study extracellular matrix targeting to basement membranes / Patricia Simon-Assmann ... [et al.] -- ECM and FGF-dependent assay of embryonic SMG epithelial morphogenesis : investigating growth factor/matrix regulation of gene expression during submandibular gland development / Ivan T. Rebustini and Matthew P. Hoffman -- Analyzing how cell adhesion controls mammary gland function by transplantation of embryonic mammary tissue from knockout mice / Teresa C.M. Klinowska and Charles H. Streuli -- Characterizing ECM production by cells encapsulated in hydrogels / Iossif A. Strehin and Jennifer H. Elisseeff -- Tissue engineering and cell-populated collagen matrices / Paul D. Kemp.
- Extracellular nucleic acids 2010, SpringerExtracellular DNA as Matrix Component in Microbial Biofilms / Wen-Chi Chiang and Tim Tolker-Nielsen -- Gene Transfer Agents and Defective Bacteriophages as Sources of Extracellular Prokaryotic DNA / Andrew S. Lang and J. Thomas Beatty -- Roles of Extracellular DNA in Bacterial Ecosystem / Katsuji Tani and Masao Nasu -- Stable Extracellular DNA: A Novel Substrate for Genetic Engineering that Mimics Horizontal Gene Transfer in Nature / Shinya Kaneko and Mitsuhiro Itaya -- Extracellular Nucleic Acids of the Marine Phototrophic Bacterium Rhodovulum sulfidophilum and Related Bacteria: Physiology and Biotechnology / Yo Kikuchi -- Systemic RNAi in C. elegans from the Viewpoint of RNA as Extracellular Signals / Lisa Timmons -- Circulating Nucleic Acids in Health and Disease / E. Y. Rykova, P. P. Laktionov and V. V. Vlassov -- Circulating MicroRNAs in Cancer / Patrick S. Mitchell and Muneesh Tewari -- Biology and Diagnostic Applications of Cell-Free Fetal Nucleic Acids in Maternal Plasma / Jason C. H. Tsang and Y. M. Dennis Lo -- The Biology of Circulating Nucleic Acids in Plasma and Serum (CNAPS) / P. B. Gahan and M. Stroun -- Modulation and Regulation of Gene Expression by CpG Oligonucleotides / Dennis Klinman and Sven Klaschik -- Immune Recognition of Nucleic Acids and Their Metabolites / Shohei Koyama, Shizuo Akira and Ken J. Ishii.
- Extranodal lymphomas 2011, ScienceDirectIntroduction to extranodal lymphomas / Judith A. Ferry -- Lymphomas of the nervous system and the meninges / Judith A. Ferry -- Lymphomas of the head and neck / Judith A. Ferry -- Lymphomas of the thorax / Judith A. Ferry -- Lymphomas of the esophagus, gastrointestinal tract, hepatobiliary tract, and pancreas / Judith A. Ferry -- Lymphomas of the spleen / Aliyah R. Sohani and Lawrence R. Zukerberg -- Adrenal lymphomas / Judith A. Ferry -- Lymphomas of the urinary tract / Judith A. Ferry -- Lymphomas of the male genital tract / Judith A. Ferry -- Lymphomas of the female genital tract / Judith A. Ferry -- Cutaneous lymphomas / Lyn M. Duncan, Johanna l. Baran, and Judith A. Ferry -- Lymphomas of bone / Judith A. Ferry -- Lymphomas of the bone marrow / Robert P. Hasserjian -- Intravascular lymphomas / Judith A. Ferry.
- Extravasation of cytotoxic agents. 2nd ed. 2010, Springer
- Extreme weather events and public health responses 2005, Springer
- Print Material
- Extremophiles. 1st ed. 2007, ScienceDirect
- Eye banking 2009, KargerCorneal grafting and banking / Ehlers, N., Hjortdal, J., Nielsen, K. -- European Eye Bank Association / Jones, G.L.A. ... [et al.] -- Donor selection, retrieval and preparation of donor tissue donor selection / Borderie, V.M. -- Organ culture preservation for corneal tissue technical and quality aspects / Pels, E., Rijneveld, W.J. -- Endothelial evaluation in the cornea bank / Schroeter, J., Rieck, P. -- Cryopreservation for corneal storage / Armitage, W.J. -- Quality management in European eye banks / Toniolo, M. ... [et al.] -- Allocation of corneas in Europe / Bokhorst, A.G., Dorrepaal, C.A. -- Preparation and preservation of amniotic membrane / Dekaris, I., Gabrić, N. -- Preparation and use of human sclera grafts in ophthalmic surgery / Töteberg-Harms, M., Bredehorn-Mayr, T. -- Culturing of retinal pigment epithelium cells / Valtink, M., Engelmann, K. -- Costs and financing : a cost calculation of an up-to-date eye bank in Germany / Böhringer, D. ... [et al.] -- Practical implications of the law on tissues for cornea banks in Germany / Hauswald, C., Bredehorn-Mayr, T. -- European Association of Tissue Banks / Cahane, M., Van Baare, J.
- Print MaterialEvolutionary history of the genus Mus / Priscilla K. Tucker -- Visual and other sensory abilities of mice and their influence on behavioral measures of cognitive function / Aimée A. Wong and Richard E. Brown -- Comparative survey of the mammalian visual system with reference to the mouse / Catherine A. Leamey, Dario A. Protti and Bogdan Dreher -- Survey of the research opportunities afforded by genetic variation in the mouse visual system / Lawrence H. Pinto and John B. Troy -- The mouse as a model for myopia, and optics of its eye / Frank Schaeffel -- Characteristics and applications of mouse eye movements / John S. Stahl -- Measuring vision in the awake behaving mouse / Glen T. Prusky and Robert M. Douglas -- Electroretinographic correlates of normal and abnormal retinal ganglion cell activity / Vittorio Porciatti -- Aqueous humor dynamics and trabecular meshwork / Ernst R. Tamm and Antonia Kellenberger -- Recent advances in the investigation of mouse cone photoreceptors / Arkady Lyubarsky ... [et al.] -- Mosaic architecture of the mouse retina / Benjamin E. Reese -- Synaptic organization of the mouse retina / Enrica Strettoi -- Distribution and functional roles of neuronal gap junctions in the mouse retina / Stewart A. Bloomfield and Béla Völgyi -- Neurotransmission in the mouse retina / Maureen A. McCall, Neal S. Peachey and Ronald G. Gregg -- Morphological, functional, and developmental properties of mouse retinal ganglion cells / Julie L. Coombs and Leo M. Chalupa -- The lamina cribrosa region and optic nerve of the mouse / Christian-Albrecht May -- Photoentrainment of the circadian oscillator / Satchidananda Panda -- Physiology of the mouse dorsal lateral geniculate nucleus / Matthew S. Grubb -- Superior colliculus and saccade generation in mice / Tomoya Sakatani and Tadashi Isa -- Interconnections of visual cortical areas in the mouse / Andreas Burkhalter and Quanxin Wang -- Chronology of development of the mouse visual system : comparisons with human development / Barbara L. Finlay and Barbara Clancy -- Developmental studies of the mouse lens : past, present, and future / Michael L. Robinson -- Development of the retinal vasculature and the effects of high oxygen (retinopathy of prematurity) / Michael R. Powers -- Specification, histogenesis, and photoreceptor development in the mouse retina / Deepak Lamba ... [et al.] -- Rb and the control of retinal development / Michael A. Dyer -- Gene regulatory networks and retinal ganglion cell development / Xiuqian Mu and William H. Klein -- Cell death in the mouse retina / Lucia Galli-Resta and Maria Cristina Cenni -- The function of the retina prior to vision : the phenomenon of retinal waves and retinotopic refinement / Marla B. Feller and Aaron G. Blankenship -- On and Off pathways in the mouse retina and the role of stimulation / Ning Tian -- Retinoic acid function in central visual pathways / Ursula C. Drager, Tuanlian Luo and Elisabeth Wagner -- Intraretinal axon guidance / Lynda Erskine and Hannah Thompson -- Early development of the optic stalk, chiasm, and astrocytes / Timothy J. Petros and Carol A. Mason -- Axon growth and regeneration of retinal ganglion cells / Jeffrey L. Goldberg -- Development of the retinogeniculate pathway / William Guido -- Developmental synaptic remodeling : insights from the mouse retinogeniculate synapse / Chinfei Chen -- Ocular dominance plasticity / Mark Hübener, Sonja B. Hofer and Thomas D. Mrsic-Flogel -- Environmental enrichment and visual system plasticity / Alessandro Sale, Nicoletta Berardi and Lamberto Maffei -- Bidirectional experience-dependent plasticity in primary visual cortex / Mikhail Y. Frenkel and Mark F. Bear -- Mouse models : a key system in revolutionizing the understanding of glaucoma / Gareth R. Howell, Jeffrey K. Marchant and Simon W.M. John -- Cataract genetics / Jochen Graw -- Mouse models of infectious eye diseases / Linda D. Hazlett -- Mouse models of autoimmune and immune-mediated uveitis / Rachel R. Caspi -- Mouse models of Norrie disease / Wolfgang Berger -- The lipofuscin of retinal pigment epithelial cells : learning from mouse models of retinal disease / Janet R. Sparrow ... [et al.] -- Studies of diabetic retinopathy using mice / Rose A. Gubitosi-Klug and Timothy S. Kern -- Roles of oxygen in the stability of photoreceptors : evidence from mouse and other models of human disease / Jonathan Stone and Krisztina Valter -- Complex genetics of photoreceptor light damage / Michael Danciger -- Age-related eye diseases / Bo Chang -- New genetic technologies for studying the morphology, physiology, and development of mouse retinal neurons / Tudor C. Badea and Jeremy Nathans -- Adenoassociated virus gene therapy in mouse models of retinal degeneration / Shannon E. Boye, Sanford L. Boye and William W. Hauswirth -- Delivery of plasmids into the visual system using electroporation / Takahiko Matsuda and Constance L. Cepko -- Genetic knockouts in ophthalmic research and drug discovery / Dennis S. Rice -- Beyond positional cloning of single gene mutations : use of mouse models to examine allelic variance and to identify genetic modifiers / Patsy M. Nishina and Juergen K. Naggert -- The mouse eye transcriptome : cellular signatures, molecular networks, and candidate genes for human disease / Eldon E. Geisert and Robert W. Williams -- Mouse models, microarrays, and genetic networks in retinal development and degenerative disease / Sunil K. Parapuram and Anand Swaroop -- Retinal vascular and retinal pigment epithelium gene expression / Michael I. Dorrell and Martin Friedlander -- Gene expression in cornea and lens / Shivalingappa K. Swamynathan and Joram Piatigorsky -- Proteomics of the mouse lens / Wolfgang Hoehenwarter and Peter R. Jungblut -- Genetic and proteomic analyses of the mouse visual cycle / John C. Saari and John W. Crabb.
- Eye. 3rd ed. 2008Print MaterialAnatomy of the eye and orbit -- Embryology and early development of the eye and adnexa -- Genetics -- Biochemistry and cell biology -- Physiology of vision and the visual system -- General and ocular pharmacology -- Immunology -- Microbiology and infection -- Pathology.
- e-EROS, Encyclopedia of reagents for ...
- — Emotional nature of qualitative resea...
- Emotions as bio-cultural processes .....
- — Enzyme kinetics and mechanism. Part D...
- Enzyme kinetics and mechanism. Part F...
- — Ethical choices. 2nd ed. ...............
- Ethical conduct of clinical research ...
- — Eye. 3rd ed. ...........................
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases